Windows Support Forum

Outlook 2013 - Extra Personal Folders

Q: Outlook 2013 - Extra Personal Folders

Hello When I got my new HP Windows laptop several months ago I installed Office I recall at the time importing more than one personal folder into the new Outlook Enough time has passed that I'm ready to get rid if I can of the annoyance having folders I don't use in the folder list on the left Maybe Folders 2013 Extra Personal - Outlook I should be using them but I don't From the top first I have personal folder with subfolders inbox drafts sent Outlook 2013 - Extra Personal Folders etc As far as I know I don't use these folders at all and I have cut and moved most of the messages in them to the second folder list The second list is name email com There I also have subfolders inbox drafts sent deleted as well as Outlook 2013 - Extra Personal Folders the many other subfolders I've created for various needs So can I get rid of the personal folders listed first Should I keep them If so can I hide them somehow Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Outlook 2013 - Extra Personal Folders

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 85.14%

I am new to this board so I hope this is the correct forum to make a request.

I love the personal shell folders so much I would like to create extra folders, any guidance on how would be most appreciated .

A:Extra personal shell folders

Hello Topbrass1960, and welcome to Vista Forums.

You can create a New Folder with the name you want in the C:\Users\(User Name) location like you would anywhere else. It will show up in all of the same locations as your other user folders.

You can also change the New Folder icon to have it match the others with the green folder icon. This tutorial will show you how to. Browse to the C:\Windows\System32\imageres.dll location (step 3B) to select an icon like the others that you want.

Folder Icon Change

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/172376-extra-personal-shell-folders.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I can't get rid of that extra personal folder that is in my folder list.
I have outlook 2k3. I tried deleting everything and then re created a pst file but linked it to my backup one and still creates and extra personal folder.
I use to have 2000 a few years ago and i remember there was some weird thing about converting it.

Relevancy 78.69%

Hi Everyone,

I recently created a new profile in Outlook 2013 (using Control Panel > Mail (Microsoft Outlook 2013)(32-Bit)) due to my Inbox becoming corrupt (as the result of intermediate Exchange Server access).

In the new profile I have successfully added my primary email account, and I am receiving / sending emails fine. However when I add additional accounts either through the Control Panel > Mail..., or Outlook 2013 > File Tab > Add Account I am not able to see them in the left hand panel of Outlook.

Furthermore they are not shown in the File tab of Outlook under the Account Information heading.

If I then attempt to add the extra accounts again I see the message below -

Because I am unable to see the extra account I am unable to click on Repair or Change.

If anybody else has encountered this issue can you please share your experiences?

Kind Regards,

Davo

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f57/unable-to-see-extra-email-accounts-in-outlook-2013-a-1054378.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi Everyone,

I recently created a new profile in Outlook 2013 (using Control Panel > Mail (Microsoft Outlook 2013)(32-Bit)) due to my Inbox becoming corrupt (as the result of intermediate Exchange Server access).

In the new profile I have successfully added my primary email account, and I am receiving / sending emails fine. However when I add additional accounts either through the Control Panel > Mail..., or Outlook 2013 > File Tab > Add Account I am not able to see them in the left hand panel of Outlook.

Furthermore they are not shown in the File tab of Outlook under the Account Information heading.

If I then attempt to add the extra accounts again I see the message below -

Because I am unable to see the extra account I am unable to click on Repair or Change.

If anybody else has encountered this issue can you please share your experiences?

Kind Regards,

Davo

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-see-extra-email-accounts-in-outlook-2013.1157982/
Relevancy 73.53%

Since reinstalling Outlook 2010 after crash I seem to have some folders I don't know the purpose for. Sometimes a sent email will go into the Outlook Data File folder and sometimes into the robert808 folder where it should go. The Favorites folder has the same sent emails as the Outlook Data File. Seems to be no rhyme or reason to this. Anyone know why? And could I delete the Favorites, the Outlook Data File folder and the Outlook Folder without losing Outlook functionality?

A:Extra folders in Outlook 1010

The Outlook Data File folder is where Outlook stores the .pst backup info. Everything I see says that is the default PST File created with outlook. You cannot remove it unless you have a different mail delivery location. You can remove this from the navigation pane, but I don't think you want to remove it all together.

Quote:
Remove Outlook 2010 Data File from Navigation Pane

Click on Start

Control Panel

Mail

Data Files

Highlight the email you want to be Default and click “Set As Default” from the menu.

Highlight the Outlook Data File and click “Remove” from the menu

The Outlook Data file will not be removed until you close Control Panel, open Outlook and select “Outlet Data File” in the Navigation pane, right click and click on “Close Outlook Data File”. Then it will go away.......

Remove Outlook Data File Folder from Navigation Pane? - Microsoft Community

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/326541-extra-folders-outlook-1010-a.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I used Zinstall to move all my files/programs from my old computer to my new one in the last few days. I also upgraded the new one from 8.1 to Win10 after the migration. Knowing Win10 doesn't work with MSOffice2007, I subscribed to MSOffice365 in the new computer. Now, Outlook 2013 doesn't show the same folders I had in Outlook 2007, and I need to know where all my saved files went and how to import them to this system. (They are still sitting in my old computer, if I have to copy them to a zip drive & move them again.)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2013-doesnt-have-folders-from-outlook-2007.1156572/
Relevancy 72.67%

Is it possible to transfer the personal folders and all email from Outlook Express on a Windows 95 system to Outlook 2000 on a Windows 2000 system?

Thanks,
john0109

Relevancy 71.81%

I have recently reinstalled MS Outlook 2000 and now there are three copies of the Personal Folder. When I click on those folders I get the following message:

"Unable to display the folder. An unexpected error has ocurred. MAPI was unable to load the information service mspst.dll. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured."

Can anyone help me with this issue??

A:Ms Outlook Personal Folders

This article is about an older version of Windows, but it might help you: Error Message: The Set of Folders Could Not Be Opened.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40533/ms-outlook-personal-folders/
Relevancy 71.81%

I just installed MS Outlook on one of my offices users and I imported a second pst file because some emails went through before I copied the old Outlook pst file in Now here is the problem 2 Folders ?? has Personal Outlook There is currently personal folders and Outlook has 2 Personal Folders ?? when a new email comes in it goes to both personal folders Also when the user clicks on quot new quot and then clicks on the quot to quot button to access his address books he is prompted with an error that one of the contacts list does not exist to remove the folder Then he clicked on quot OK quot to exit the error and the contact list was there I would like to know how to remove the second personal folders Im guessing this is causing the errors correct me if im wrong but I cannot find anywhere to remove that folder Please any help would be highly appreciated Second less important problem When I re-install windows and office I have to keep their old pst files Is there a way I can just put the old pst into the proper place and their accounts will be already activated and the mail will be there Or do I need to re-add the account Im kinda confused on if I need to import the pst or Outlook has 2 Personal Folders ?? if a simple pasting of the original pst is good enough Thanks in advance to anyone who can help nbsp

Relevancy 71.81%

I restored a pst file due to computer melt down Anyway I use Outlook to retrieve email for about email accounts Comcast and Gmail accounts Outlook used to just deposit these email into a folder with each accounts name on it Now it is giving me the folder but not putting folders Outlook has file 2010 .pst I extra restored when anything in it Instead it puts it into the account itself There is now an account at the bottom of the left window pane that you scroll down to look at all your folders This area now has a name for each account and a little arrow next to Outlook 2010 has extra folders when I restored .pst file that name If you click on the arrow it opens up and shows inbox junk mail etc How do I get rid of that and just send all the sent mail to one sent mail folder and simply have the incoming mail sorted by rules that will send it to the folder I specify Outlook used to do this very nicely not anymore I don t use Outlook with enough expertise to know how to describe this problem better I apologize for this poorly worded question Thank you for your consideration nbsp

A:Outlook 2010 has extra folders when I restored .pst file

Hi tonyacardo

How did you restore the .pst file?
Did you Import it into Outlook or did you connect it to Outlook by using the File > Open Data File or File > Data File Management option?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-has-extra-folders-when-i-restored-pst-file.1041307/
Relevancy 71.81%

Instead of going into my hotmail.com online account to check my email, I access email via Outlook. I used to have folders full of emails in Outlook; the folders are still there, but none of the emails are in them. If I sign in to my hotmail.com account on line, all of the folders contain the emails. Any ideas about why the emails no longer show up in the Outlook folders? Thanks.

A:MS Office Outlook (2013) and Folders

This is probably a sync error. Try the steps in this post and post back your results.

Choose which IMAP account folders appear in Outlook - Outlook

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/46211-ms-office-outlook-2013-folders.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I have just spent the weekend getting my new HP computer set up, including adding Outlook 2003. I copied over from my old PC (just before the power supply burned up), most of my Outlook 2000 personal folders, one of them was called Saved. I imported them into 2003 Outlook, then deleted the Saved folder. Now when I launch Outlook, I get a message: Personal Folders The path specified in the file \\Homehelper\sharedocs\Saved.pst is not valid. Any Hints?

Relevancy 71.38%

I have set my mother's account up with GMAIL. When she reads her emails her inbox is showing "Personal Folders". I go into Account Settings and try and set her mailbox as default which it will not allow me to do.

Is there a way to just have her email account setup without "Personal Folders"?

Thanks

A:Getting Rid Of Personal Folders In Outlook 2007

Quote: Originally Posted by sparker781

I have set my mother's account up with GMAIL. When she reads her emails her inbox is showing "Personal Folders". I go into Account Settings and try and set her mailbox as default which it will not allow me to do.

Is there a way to just have her email account setup without "Personal Folders"?

Thanks

I'm not sure what you mean. Can you post a screenshot?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/298814-getting-rid-personal-folders-outlook-2007-a.html
Relevancy 71.38%

This morning an extra Personal Folder appeared in Outlook 2000, I'm not sure why. Two personal folders are listed now, the first one is completely blank. It appears to be an exact duplicate of Outlook 2000 default folders, but nothing is in it.

The next personal folder contains all of my emails, contacts, etc.

At first I thought this was not a big deal, because I can just minimize the first personal folder and ignore it.

However, when I compose an email now my contacts list is empty. Outlook seems to be trying to pull contacts from the first folder list.

My operating system is Windows XP.

How do I fix this without losing any emails or contacts? This is a corporate laptop, so it is imperative that I not lose any data.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Relevancy 71.38%

Yesterday I wanted to shift one personal folder into another and then all the folders disappeared except for one! That folder does not contain the missing files or content.

Using search I can track the individual emails / content and even see the folders but cannot access them when I double click on them!

I am running Vista Small Business with Outlook 2007 all new. I have not imported from previous Outlook but started from scratch if that helps

Any clues on what to do?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-personal-folders-gone-awol.654693/
Relevancy 71.38%

It seems that, in backing up my Outlook pst files on an external hard disk, I have created and now erased backup files that Outlook keeps looking for. In any case, every time I launch Outlook (2000), I get an error message: the f:\outlook 26 sep 06 backup could not be found, followed by a create/open personal folders menu. I need to click OK for the first and cancel for the second for Outlook to then launch correctly. I've also got three 'extra' 'personal folders' folders in addition to my Outlook Today personal folders. Can someone please provide some guidance about cleaning up this mess, while enabling me to continue backing up my Outlook files on my external drive?
Thanks

Relevancy 71.38%

Outlook 2000 "Personal Folders"
I have a workstation w/two Personal Folders. When I try to delete the second folder, (Close Personal Folders) it won't let me since there are data in contacts & calendar.
Any workarounds on deleting this second folder.
Sorry too busy to figure..out..really..

A:Outlook 2k double Personal Folders

Yeah you should be able to go to your control panel and under control panel you should see a mail ICON. Double click on your mail ICON. A menu should pop up with the service tab first. There you should see the personal folder. Delete the one you do not need. When you open up outlook again it should not be there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2k-double-personal-folders.45968/
Relevancy 71.38%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 640 Processor, x64 Family 16 Model 5 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 1789 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4250, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 512001 MB, Free - 393531 MB; D: Total - 441858 MB, Free - 193623 MB; E: Total - 152625 MB, Free - 151804 MB;
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., GA-880GM-UD2H
Antivirus: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, Updated and Enabled
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am useing OFFICE 2010.
I lost all my Outlook personal folders and Contacts. It happened right after installing iCloud.
Please help.
Thanks,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-outlook-personal-folders.1091712/
Relevancy 71.38%

When I right click on the personal folders file, and then click on Close "Personal folder", I get an error message - "The operation failed. An object could not be found". Running "outlook.exe /cleanviews" makes no difference. How can I get rid of these personal folders? I am running the corporate version of Outlook 2000 with Windows XP Professional SP2.

Relevancy 71.38%

I have user who is having email problems She is one of the older employees at this company and therefore uses PST files for her email What appears to be happening Mailbox Outlook Personal Folders and is that when she receives an email it sits in her Mailbox for minutes or more until the user starts messing with Outlook From this point the emails either Outlook Mailbox and Personal Folders drop to the Personal Folders or are manually moved The delivery is set to Personal Folders Has anyone else experienced this problem and know of a way to get the emails to move to Outlook Mailbox and Personal Folders the personal folders in a more timely fashion as they should I have tried doing a repair on Office and tried altering some of the NIC settings to no avail I don t personally have access to the Exchange server Update Well I think we re just going to change the user to Mailbox and use the personal folders for archival purposes However if you know what the problem is please feel free to post a fix nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-mailbox-and-personal-folders.500231/
Relevancy 70.95%

If you want to import Yahoo folders 2013 to folders Outlook Yahoo move How into into Outlook without even modifying your current POP configuration you use in Outlook to access your Yahoo Inbox try the following - Create a new user account in your PC- Log in into the new account- Open Outlook - Configure a new email account this time through IMAP You can see details in https help yahoo com kb SLN h or in http pop imap com yahoo outlook - When you are done Outlook will connect to Yahoo and you will see ALL your Yahoo folders in Outlook- Now create a new Outlook Data File under New Items More Items menu and locate this new data file somewhere in How to move Yahoo folders into Outlook 2013 your PC so it is a local file - Now for each of the Yahoo folders that you see in Outlook right click and select Move Folder As a destiny folder select the new Outlook Data File you have just created - Repeat the process for each of the Yahoo folders With that you are copying all your Yahoo folders into your local Outlook Data File the folders will disappear from your Yahoo account since they have been moved to your local Outlook Data File - Close the local outlook Data File- Quit Outlook and log off from the new user - Log in into your user- Open Outlook - Go to New Items More Items Outlook Data File and select for How to move Yahoo folders into Outlook 2013 opening it the local Outlook Data File containing your Yahoo folders - You are set Now you have all your Yahoo folders with all its emails and you if you want you can copy or move them wherever you want to your existing Outlook folders new folders etc

A:How to move Yahoo folders into Outlook 2013

Thank you for your contribution and welcome to Computing.net :)

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/how-to-move-yahoo-folders-into-outlook-2013/20066.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I currently have 4 copies of the same personal folders in my outlook 2000. How do I delete the extra copies of the folders.

A:Outlook 2000 duplicate personal folders

Hi pollyanna
What mode do you have running for Outlook 2000?
Corporate/Workgroup (CW) or Internet Mail Only (IMO)
Help>About Microsoft Outlook, should say on the second line.

(CW)Try right clicking on the Personal Folders, select Close Personal Folders.
Tools>Services, Hightlight the Personal Folders you want to Remove and select the Remove button.
You may need to select the Properties button first to see what .pst file it is attached to. I renamed all my Personal Folders with the .pst file so that at a glance I could tell which one belonged.

After removing the Personal Folders list from your Services, you would need to locate the .pst file and delete it.

Let us know if this works for you or if you are using Internet Mail Only.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-duplicate-personal-folders.43132/
Relevancy 70.52%

I now have 4 headings in the Folder List named Personal Folders, 3 of them are basic and have nothing in them. The 4th is my main list. How do I remove the other 3?
Tks

Relevancy 70.52%

I created a .pst export so that I could copy my outlook information from my main computer to a new laptop. It was successful but made a duplicate personal and sub folders on the main computer only. Also on the outlook today page it doesn't make any counts for incoming messages or other countable folders. I can save the sub folder titles to it but it doesn't recognized and put a count in even though I check both areas or just one etc... If I go to the folder from the outlook today page the folder is empty but if I go to the folder from the navigation list I can see the messages and also a count.
The notebook Outlook is working properly
Hope this makes sense to you..
Charles

A:Outlook 2007 duplicate personal and sub folders

Have a look in Libraries>Documents>Outlook Files and see what's in there.

If the exported .pst file is there you can delete it, and then try creating a fresh .pst information file for export.

You should, at some stage in the procedure, be able to choose the location you want to save it to.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/188072-outlook-2007-duplicate-personal-sub-folders.html
Relevancy 70.52%

When I open Outlook ( running under XP) I get the error message " The data file "Personal Folders" was not closed properly. The file is being checked for problems."

What is ( not) happening and does anyone know how I can sort it ?

Thanks

David

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/304768/office-outlook-2007-personal-folders/
Relevancy 70.52%

While attempting to resolve an opening problem with Outlook(2002), running Office 2002 XP, I created a new identity in 'Mail'. (I didn't delete anything) I now have duplicate Outlook Today 'Personal Folders' with data mixed between the two systems. Within Outlook, I don't find an option to 'delete' the unwanted folders. What do I do to get a single personal folder setup, with the most current data in Mail, Tasks, and Contacts? Somewhere in here, I also need to reduce the size of the archives, and or data files?

A:Solved: Duplicat Outlook 'Personal Folders'

Hi homeslarry,

Do you mean you have added a second Account? If so, CONTROL PANEL / MAIL and delete the duplicate in there.

lol
Hew

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-duplicat-outlook-personal-folders.910549/
Relevancy 70.52%

Outlook pst folders transfer I m trying to copy my Outlook email personal folders structure as well as content from my Lenovo T s laptop Windows XP Office to a Dell desktop Windows .pst Outlook Transferring personal email folders Office I have two separate sets of files one labelled Archives and the other labelled Personal Folders both of which have multiple subfolders I ve now copied both using a memory stick to the Dell desktop I tried the Import and Export feature and also tried the Open Data File feature The Archive folder gets copied with all the sub-folders but I can only access those if the memory stick is inserted into a USB port even though the Archive folder is saved on the Transferring Outlook .pst email personal folders Dell desktop When I do the same thing with the Personal Folders a Merge folder opens but it doesn t have any content I do see the default Personal Folders on Transferring Outlook .pst email personal folders the left side of the Outlook screen What should I do Transferring Outlook .pst email personal folders Thanks

A:Transferring Outlook .pst email personal folders

Did you use the Import/Export function in Outlook 2007?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/413422/transferring-outlook-pst-email-personal-folders/
Relevancy 70.52%

Originally in the navigation pane missing Contacts personal Outlook 07 Folders in of my Outlook Contacts I had types of contacts folders one named quot Contacts quot and the other named quot Contacts in Personal Folders quot I entered some different contact information into each of theses Suddenly without me noticing that I did anything in settings or otherwise I lost the quot Contacts in Personal Folders quot from my navigation pane and when I look through only remaining- quot Outlook 07 Contacts in personal Folders missing Contacts quot folder on navigation pane Outlook 07 Contacts in personal Folders missing I have all contacts I enterred into the quot Contacts quot file but I do not have any of the information -contacts I entered into quot Contacts in Personal Folders quot folder in navigation pane that vanished Also when I was saving I Outlook 07 Contacts in personal Folders missing noticed that when I clicked on quot Contacts in personal folders quot in navigation pane the box to enter info Business cards view had on the bottom of it a box checked saying in quot in personal folders quot and the info box of the group under folder named quot Contact quot only screens that is now the only one visible did not have that check-box Now I lost -at least cannot find ton of information contacts I entered into that list Contacts in personal folders I do not understand why it dissapeared also not clear what is the difference between the two quot contact quot folder types I always accessed any contacts by clicking the appropriate folder in the navigation pane and do not know how to access n other way if possible the information originally entered into files whose group I opened by clicking on now missing navigation pane button-folder called quot Contacts in Personal folders I do know that most of the info does not vanish from the computer but without this navigation pane folder I do not know how to access the info I entered into boxes grouped under that folder I also backed up most info before it happened but after I imported files to restore contacts I still do not see any of the info entered into quot contacts in personal folders quot that is still missing I backed up to en external drive is it possible to search there but what should I search for I do not understand the difference and saving location between the files that one created under theses two confusing similar names in the navigation pane Please help as I have important information stored there now missing Thanks you so much for your help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-07-contacts-in-personal-folders-missing.963149/
Relevancy 70.52%

Dear All

Can I confirm with Outlook 2000 that if I 'Remove' a supposed duplicate personal folder that, thats it I will not be able to restore it??

Removed the personal folder by selecting 'Tools', Services and pressing the 'Remove' button.

Problem is it was not the right Personal Folder!! I still have another duplicate so not such a problem but have lost some e-mails.

No sign of the removed file in the recycle bin or having done a search on all .pst files anywhere on the system.

Have also eventually managed to unhide the local settings folder after a separate search on the internet but no sign of any missing folder in there either - .pst files normally stored here. Admit that was being a bit hopeful

If this is the case, don't you think deleting perhaps all your e-mails is a little too easy! And why is there not something similar to the Recycle bin?

Comments appreciate.

Relevancy 70.52%

Here are the issues with a new installation of Office Outlook After the IMAP Personal Outlook Folders 2007 Multiple install I went into tools gt options gt mail setup gt email accounts gt datafiles gt add gt office outlook pst Outlook 2007 Multiple Personal Folders and the folders and files with the account populated their respective areas However I ended up with multiple personal folders I have one personal folder above the mail ourserver com and three personal folders below the imap mail ourserver com I am tempted to copy the files inbox sent and so forth from the lower three personal folders into the first listed personal folder and then delete those three personal folders leaving one personal folder Second on the imap mail ourserver com sent are all the older sents however on the first listed personal folder in that sent box are the Outlook 2007 Multiple Personal Folders current sends That I cannot figure out And lastly I have four Contacts that I incorporated using tools options The first three contact folders were old contacts used as historical reference The forth contract folder I named Contacts Though I added the four pst contact folders the Contact is not listed and I cannot locate it However if I compose an email and bring down from the contact list there is listed Contact and then I can add the recipient I have a scrambled Outlook and manage with difficulty maneuvering through the hierarchy however having everything in logical territories would be advantages A singular personal folder the imap mail folder and the current contacts all accessible Thanks for any help to untangle Outlook Chuck

A:Outlook 2007 Multiple Personal Folders

Hello Chuck -

An expanded folder screen shot would help me understand your issue.

Regards,
GEWB

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/260404-outlook-2007-multiple-personal-folders.html
Relevancy 70.52%

If I never deleted some personal folders, they still have to be there somewhere right? If someone clicks CLOSE PERSONAL FOLDERS, does that delete them? There has to be a way to restore them if they are missing from the Mailbox tree.

A:Recover Personal Folders In Outlook 2003

Hi, jgadrummer:If all you did was use the option to Close Personal Folders, the file will still exist somewhere on your computer. If you can find the personal folder file(.pst), you can add it back to Outlook by using the Mail icon in the Control Panel. Click Data Files..., Add..., follow the rest of the prompts by selecting the proper personal folders file type, and locate and select your Personal Folders file. By default, mine opened in the folder location where the existing personal folders file was located.Hope that helps,

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/65750/recover-personal-folders-in-outlook-2003/
Relevancy 69.66%

This morning when I turned on my PC and opened Outlook 2007, all of my personal folders had mysteriously disappeared. I immediately started panicking and tried all sorts of things before eventually just closing and reopening the program and finding that my folders had returned. The problem is that a couple of these folders (and not all of them) have now been duplicated and I cannot remove the duplicates.

Can someone help me here?

Florio

A:How can I remove duplicate personal folders from Outlook 2007?

I am at a disadvantage because I do not use Outlook, but;

Quote:
This can happen with certain type of mail profile corruptions. Most often this happens when you upgrade Outlook or pst-files get overwritten or are being replaced in a way other than via the Outlook or Mail Applet interface. In that case, you’ll have to recreate your mail profile to get rid of it.
Since the above suggestion can be a bit drastic when you have a complex mail profile configuration, there are some other things that you could try first.

Source: http://Delete duplicate pst folder set with same content | www.msoutlook.info

This site offers three different ways to correct your situation, plus a utility if those ways do not work. If they don't you will have to try re-creating your outlook profile, there is a link to do that in the quote and at the end of the article.
Also; Check to see if you can adjust your duplication rules:

Quote:
To maintain the integrity of your data, it's a good idea to have rules in place to reduce duplicate records in the system. Microsoft Dynamics CRM includes default duplicate detection rules for accounts, contacts, and leads, but not for other types of records. If you want the system to detect duplicates for other record types, you'll need to create a new rule.

Source: http://Set up duplicate detection rules to keep your data clean | www.microsoft.com

This seems to describe a larger network or server setup if you have the Microsoft Dynamics CRM, but it wouldn't hurt to look there might be a similar setting for the regular Outlook program.
Make sure that you have Administrator permissions.
Go to Settings > Data Management. (If you have it.)
Choose Duplicate Detection Rules. (If you have it.)
Select or clear the Enable duplicate detection check box. (If you have it.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/366461-how-can-i-remove-duplicate-personal-folders-outlook-2007-a.html
Relevancy 69.66%

OK I use outlook 2003 for my comcast e-mail and lately when I start it up the window

comes up but before doing anything a second window pops up with a load bar and it says

the file personal file folders was not closed properly and checking file for errors after it

loads the main window says not responding for a moment and then it operates as normal

and if it matters Im using windows vista home premium 32-bit

A:Solved: Microsoft outlook personal file folders

Had something like that at work. Theres a few fixes for it but I need to know if your emails are being saved on there server or on your computer in a .pst file

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-microsoft-outlook-personal-file-folders.809381/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi,

We are in the process of upgrading users to a newer version of Citrix. This includes an office upgrade from 2010 to 2013. After upgrading one user I found that his Outlook forders are missing. How do I get these to appear in his Outlook folders list?

Cheers
Paul

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-personal-folders-not-appearing-after-citrix-upgrade.1098154/
Relevancy 69.66%

I downloaded the Personal Folders Backup add-in for Outlook from the Microsoft Office downloads site When I try to install it I get into a Catch situation First I get a message quot Setup has detected that you already have a version of Personal Folders Backup installed on this machine Before the download can be installed you must first uninstall the previous version To uninstall please answer yes to the next question quot When I click OK I get the message quot Are you sure you want to uninstall this product quot When I click Yes I get the message quot This action is only valid for products that are currently installed quot When I click OK I get the message quot To install this download please uninstall the previous version of Personal Folders Backup using the Add Remove Programs Control Panel quot There is no Personal Folders Backup for Backup add-in Folders Personal (Solved) Outlook 2003 shown in the Add Remove Programs list Anyone have any information on what is messed up in my Registry Apparently one place says I have PFB installed and (Solved) Personal Folders Backup add-in for Outlook 2003 somewhere else says I don t (Solved) Personal Folders Backup add-in for Outlook 2003 nbsp

Relevancy 69.66%

I want to have all the emails from one contact go into a personal folder and emails from another person go into another personal folder and so on and so forth, but i don't want to keep having to move them all by hand. Is there away to set up the folders that when a email comes in it looks at the adress and puts it into the relevent folder, if so how.
many thanks Joe

A:Solved: Outlook 2003 contact personal folders

Hi JoeMorris94

Set up Rules to move messages to the desired folders.
Tools > Rules and Alerts
Set up your conditions and actions. Then test.

Let us know if that works for you or not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2003-contact-personal-folders.1047124/
Relevancy 69.66%

I am trying to backup my Outlook folders using the Import and Export function. I'm just wondering whether or not "exporting" the file will cause those messages to no longer appear in Outlook itself, or if exporting just makes a copy. Thank you in advance for your help.

A:Question about Outlook Personal Folders File Export

Exporting copies - nothing is deleted.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/411589/question-about-outlook-personal-folders-file-export/
Relevancy 69.66%

For some reason I have 3 sets of Personal Folders and Calendars in my Outlook 2003 (running on Vista). When I try to delete either of the 2 that I don't want I get this error message:

"This operation failed. The object could not be found."

Does anyone know how to remedy this? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Andrew

A:Can't Delete 2nd and 3rd Personal Folders & Calendars in Outlook 2003

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-delete-2nd-and-3rd-personal-folders-calendars-in-outlook-2003.575047/
Relevancy 69.66%

Every now and again I load Outlook and another set of Personal folders has been added under my current set They completely duplicate the folders and messages already in my Personal Folders I now have five sets of these - each a snap shot of my folders when it was created I wish to delete them and of course I can delete those which duplicate the folders I created - but they contain Intray Deleted Items etc etc which Outlook will not allow me to delete How do I get rid of them and how do I stop Outlook creating new sets in the future My second problem with Outlook is that I wish to create weekly back ups and have always done so by exporting to a pst file After many years of doing this I am now getting the message The operation failed An object could not be found So I am unable to over-write the previous file and have to create a file with a new name This is OK except that I now have a very large number of pst files which I cannot delete - and it appears that Outlook is constantly adding data to them Indeed it seems that this is happening even on days when I have not exported because additional creates Outlook folders 2002 Personal the dates of the files are those of the latest day I have accessed my computer Can anyone help Many thanks nbsp

Relevancy 69.66%

Recently I have configured my Hotmail Live email account in Outlook 2007 through POP account wizard. All of my inbox mails got downloaded but my personal folders (Sent, Jobs, Family, Finance, etc.) were not configured / downloaded.

I understand that by installing Outlook Connector I can download personal folders. But I dont want to install Connector as I see people have many problems with that.

I would appreciate if anyone can guide me as how can I download personal folders without installing connector.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/456317/how-to-configure-personal-hotmail-folders-in-outlook-2007/
Relevancy 68.8%

I continuously get the above message when I open up Outlook. It takes forever to open the program. I've done scanpst.exe and I think it fixes the problem but it doesn't. Can you help and tell me what to do?

When I close the program, I delete all the items, hit close all items and then exit. I have no idea what is going on. I guess there may be some errors in there but I can't fix it using scanpst.exe

THANK YOU, THANK YOU THANK YOU!

A:Outlook PST - 'data file Personal Folders' was not closed properly

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-pst-data-file-personal-folders-was-not-closed-properly.850967/
Relevancy 68.8%

I created a new perosnal folder by going to New -> Data Outlook File
I already have a personal folder
Now when I want to add a new one, I do the same thing
However, this time around the type of storage field does not show me the pst , it is blank. I can't add any new personal folders

Can any throw light on this?

Thanks
Raymond

A:Problem in Adding additional personal folders (pst) in Outlook 2002

Can you post a screen shot of the window. I am not exactly sure what you are talking about.

Outlook will only have one pst file per profile. When adding fields to that profile you should be able to open Outlook, click on the Inbox or what is showing and then click on File, Folder, New and then click on the heading you want it to appear under.

IT should create it. But for some reason I am getting the feeling this is not exactly what you want so if you can show the window maybe it will help me understand.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-in-adding-additional-personal-folders-pst-in-outlook-2002.103496/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi!

Can anyone please help me with this?

My problem is that I have just bought a new system running vista after the old one died following a motherboard problem (it refused to boot). I have salvaged the old hard disk which ran XP and it appears to be sound and I have put it in an external enclosure connected to the new computer. I want to retrieve/access old mail folders created in MS Outlook 2003 on the old hard disk but cannot seem to locate them anywhere.

Any suggestions as to how I can get to and open them please?

A:Finding and transferring Outlook Personal Folders from an Old Hard Disk

Your old outlook.pst file should be located here: Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

Copy it over to your new PC. In Outlook, do File > Open > Outlook Data File

Here's some extra reading for future reference:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287070

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/finding-and-transferring-outlook-personal-folders-from-an-old-hard-disk.762388/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi guys,

Sorry if this has been answered before, I did have a search.

I've just upgraded to Windows 7 and have installed Office 2010 which I also had on Vista, in Vista however my email *****@optusnet.com.au was part of personal folders, but now they are separate, I'd like not to see a separate menu for *****@optusnet.com.au but instead have all my emails under the Personal Folders menu, any ideas?

A:Outlook 2010 - How do you merge personal folders to an email account?

Hello MzTearyuz

See if this link is of help.
Combine POP3 accounts in Outlook 2010 | MSOutlook.info

FYI -
Where do I find?? | HowTo-Outlook

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/185819-outlook-2010-how-do-you-merge-personal-folders-email-account.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I am trying to disable the function that allows you to Drag/Drop emails from one folder to the next. This is specific to a personal folder I created, and don't want to be able to Drag/Drop and e-mail to or from this folder...

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disabling-drag-drop-in-outlook-2000-personal-folders.129330/
Relevancy 68.37%

I was referred to - personal .pst Outlook after Win2000 {Solved} of opening new folders Problems install this board by a friend hopefully someone can help out Prior to doing a new install of Win from a Win computer I backed up all my outlook e-mail contact lists etc The suggested method was exporting these as as {Solved} - Problems opening .pst Outlook personal folders after new install of Win2000 pst files Now I am running on Win with all my files backed up on cd I ve moved the pst files over and have tried to import them into the newly installed Outlook For some reason though it will not let me import them claiming a password problem The message I get is Properties for this information service must be defined prior to use After clicking OK I get a message saying quot File access is denied you don t have permission to access these files quot What s the problem How do I import these files They re rather important If someone could help me out on this I would appreciate it Thanks in advance Michael S Gallegly nbsp

A:{Solved} - Problems opening .pst Outlook personal folders after new install of Win2000

Greetings

I have a feeling that the problem is that when you copied the file from CD, it was copied as a read only file.

Find the file, right click on it and untick the Read Only attribute.

See if that helps

------------------
Reuel Miller
Windows NT Moderator (yes, that does make me biased )

[email protected]

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problems-opening-pst-outlook-personal-folders-after-new-install-of-win2000.29813/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello I have a puzzler for root and path, lost folders Changed permanently folder [Outlook messages? 2013] the Outlook wizards [Outlook 2013] Changed root folder path, permanently lost folders and messages? I'm wondering if somebody can help me recover my colleague's lost folders and messages The short version is that I changed the Root Folder Path setting in Outlook for his IMAP account resulting in the loss of several [Outlook 2013] Changed root folder path, permanently lost folders and messages? nested folders and contained messages that were apparently not synced by IMAP Reverting the setting did not recover the folders messages ------- Long version ------------ [Outlook 2013] Changed root folder path, permanently lost folders and messages? Please bear with me on the explanation and please please do provide any relevant input that might help with this issue My colleague is using Outlook and had IMAP accounts configured Gmail account and other account let's call it Work At first his issue was that several of his Work account folders nested under the Inbox were not syncing to his iPhone email client I attempted to help by configuring IMAP folders in both applications The provider of the Work email specifies that the path for IMAP folders should be configured as INBOX Therefore I set this path on his iPhone and changed the Root Folder Path in Outlook for the Work account to the same INBOX Upon the change in Outlook his nested folders immediately disappeared including all of the contained messages I reverted the setting back to the default blank which restored only folder with a handful of messages one that apparently had been configured as an IMAP folder but the rest of the folders were just gone I had just eliminated the majority of my colleagues work email One important piece of information that I was given after the fact was that the disappeared folders from the Work account had been dragged and dropped there from the Gmail account folders that appeared in Outlook So where did the other folders and messages go Any help recovering the messages and less importantly folder structure would be greatly appreciated Thanks IDiggity

A:[Outlook 2013] Changed root folder path, permanently lost folders and messages?

IDiggity,

I'm experiencing this same issue and am currently in panic mode.  Did you ever find a solution to this issue.  I can't seem to find anything online.  Thanks in advance for any information that could help!

-ajsimas

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/567449/outlook-2013-changed-root-folder-path-permanently-lost-folders-and-messages/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hey TSG,

STATISTICS:

Windows XP SP2 with all updates
MS Office 2003 with all updates
Windows is set up with 3 user profiles - error only occurs on "administrator"

PC appears to be clean: I run SPYBOT and AdAware regularly, and CCleaner and Registry Mechanic occasionally. I use fully updated Trend Micro PC-cillin Virus Protection and firewall.

PROBLEM:

For no apparent reason, when I open Outlook I get the message "Data file 'Personal Folders' was not closed properly. The file is being checked for problems" .....pause

...and then Outlook closes. (NOTE: any recommended solution that requires Outlook to be open cannot be applied). I have researched the Web forums and one suggestion was that the .pst file is too large. I back up the .pst file every night and last night's file was 352 meg which does not seem to be too big.

HELP!

Thanks,

kurley

PS: I can get e-mail on-line

A:Outlook 2003 - Error "Data File 'Personal Folders' was not closed properly"

Well the good news is that your .pst file is not too large... the maximum limit for previous versions of office .pst files was 2 GB... usually corruption occurs before this point though (post 1.5 GB is about the point where it becomes prominent), and with the new office 2003 4TB is the theoretical limit of your PST files.

One thing to try... move the location (into another folder) of your .pst file, so that the association of the outlook and the pst file is broken... see if this allows you to open outlook... if so try to remap to the .pst file in its new location, close outlook and see if the issue has been resolved or if it fails to open again.

If you are able to open outlook (with the pst disconnected) and the previous step has failed try using the import/export function and see if you can import your .pst file from the old (corrupted one) to a new one...

There are utilities out there that are able to check the integrity of .pst files, but right at the moment... it escapes me as to which are the recommended scanners.

Other suggestions are welcome...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-error-data-file-personal-folders-was-not-closed-properly.400871/
Relevancy 62.35%

I recently upgraded from Windows SE to XP Home "Personal Outlook 2002 Duplicate Folders" When I did I opted to use Outlook rather than Outlook Express which I had used with Two things happened from which I don t seem to be able to recover First - I lost all the messages from Outlook Express I wish I had them back but I can live without them - so far Second - I have somehow acquired a duplicate quot Personal Folders quot list I have two quot Outlook Today quot - Personal Folders listed in my folders list Everything in the first one is duplicated in the second When I download messages they appear in both quot Inbox quot folders When I add a folder to the first it appears in the second and visa-versa If I delete a message in any of the sub-folders it disappears from the other quot mirror quot sub-folder So far I have been unable locate an actual duplicate file anywhere It s almost like Outlook is reading the same file twice and displaying it s contents in two identical folders Although it doesn t seem Outlook 2002 Duplicate "Personal Folders" to hurt anything I d like to get rid of the duplicate displayed folder I m a rookie on this stuff so any help would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Outlook 2002 Duplicate "Personal Folders"

Open Windows Explorer.
Go to Tools-Folder options.
Hit the View tab.
Make sure you ARE viewing hidden files/folders.
Make sure you can SEE file extensions for known file types.

Do a search for *.pst files.

You probably have two in the same location somehow.
Just move one of them someplace else.

You can't do it when Outlook is open. Only when it's closed.

You can also try running Detect and Repair from the help menu.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002-duplicate-personal-folders.217548/
Relevancy 61.92%

Group

When I search Outlook (happens in 2007 and 2010), I will get a folder listing "Top of Personal Folders" with a list of emails under it.

The problem is that I don't have any folders call "Top of Personal Folders". Can anyone tell me what this is?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-top-of-personal-folders-in-search.1089661/
Relevancy 61.49%

Many people have told me, and i've read in many places that its better to create a separate partition for my files (documents, videos, music etc.) so that whenever i format or something goes wrong i will still have my files available.

However the only thing holding me back from doing this is privacy. If i have windows seven installed on drive C, and all my files on drive D, whats stopping a guest from accessing those files? That is if someone logs into windows 7 on the guest account, can they still access that drive D?

If there is a way to block them from doing so then i'll go and partition my hdd.

Look forward to your replies!

A:Extra partitions for personal files

Quote: Originally Posted by DaRonRon

Many people have told me, and i've read in many places that its better to create a separate partition for my files (documents, videos, music etc.) so that whenever i format or something goes wrong i will still have my files available.

However the only thing holding me back from doing this is privacy. If i have windows seven installed on drive C, and all my files on drive D, whats stopping a guest from accessing those files? That is if someone logs into windows 7 on the guest account, can they still access that drive D?

If there is a way to block them from doing so then i'll go and partition my hdd.

Look forward to your replies!

Hi! Users on the guest account shouldn't be able to view anything. And you can stop other users from this as well.

See here: How to set, view, change, or remove special permissions for files and folders in Windows XP

Thanks,
ZeshanA
If I helped, please rep me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/42876-extra-partitions-personal-files.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi there Unless you have an ACTIVE Internet connection or other Network Mail Server connection such 2013 2013 set to --OUTLOOK connection Internet Office requires up as Exchange you will NOT be able to set up OUTLOOK Outlook requires and there is no option unlike in Outlook to disable it by unchecking a box a TEST email to be sent and working before your account s can be configured-- Once it's done you don't have to be online but if you need to set up several accounts and you don't have a working internet connection -- Tough luck Why on earth did Ms do this --it's not necessary and it is a Hassle for some people who are on the road have purchased Office and want to set it up Office 2013 --OUTLOOK 2013 requires Internet connection to set up instead of having to wait Office 2013 --OUTLOOK 2013 requires Internet connection to set up until they get home Also a hassle if they want to prepare company laptop computers with email parameters in advance of the new Exchange email servers being rolled out to the users Even if your work policy has mechanisms where the USER can configure the email connections themselves they won't be able to set it up until the Servers are actually in place so you can't set the accounts up in advance The box I've shown here is from Outlook In Outlook the option is filled in and greyed out so you can't change it BTW I prefer and use Office myself but was trying to help a colleague to set up Office Cheers jimbo

A:Office 2013 --OUTLOOK 2013 requires Internet connection to set up

Quote: Originally Posted by jimbo45

Hi there
Unless you have an ACTIVE Internet connection (or other Network Mail Server connection such as Exchange) you will NOT be able to set up OUTLOOK 2013.

Outlook 2013 requires (and there is no option unlike in Outlook 2010 to disable it by unchecking a box) a TEST email to be sent and working before your account(s) can be configured-- Once it's done you don't have to be online but if you need to set up several accounts and you don't have a working internet connection -- Tough luck....

Of course you can uncheck the Test email box. It has been so in all Outlook versions, is still so in Outlook 2013.

The option is grayed out exactly as long as the NEXT button is grayed out i.e. as long as they could not be used due missing credentials, until the setup has all relevant information for an email account to work (email address, incoming and outgoing servers, username and password). When you have filled the needed credentials, both the Test box and NEXT button become visible and can be clicked / selected.

Although I could well understand that setting up an email account, which in any case needs a working connection, would require an existing connection, this is not the case with Outlook 2013. You can set your email accounts up while sitting in a pub in Brussels watching Premier League Football without Internet connection if you want to .

Screenshot from Windows 8.1 / Outlook 2013.
Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/297741-office-2013-outlook-2013-requires-internet-connection-set-up.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a desktop Pc and a laptop Pc with Office 2013. I want to export the contacts fra from the desktop to the laptop and when I export to a csv file on the desktop the e-mail adresses is missing in the file. They are not in the csv file. When I import it on the laptop names, phonenumbers, adresses etc. is ok but no e-mail adresses.

I think it is strange and I have not experienced it with Outlook 2010??

Peter

I imported the backup.pst and it did the trick.

A:Export Contacts from Outlook 2013 to Outlook 2013 on another Pc?

when exporting as a csv file you have to map custom fields first and take the email 1 address and move it into the other side for the addresses to get in there (from left to right) or the email addresses will not go correctly into the computer you want to do it to. If you back it up with *.pst then everything goes in much easiwer

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/316182-export-contacts-outlook-2013-outlook-2013-another-pc.html
Relevancy 60.2%

HI Guys, tried uninstalling office 2010 to open Outlook 2013 when I got the two following errors:

1: The resource that you are trying to use is located on an unsupported version of Microsoft exchange. Contact your email administrator for assistance.

2: Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. Your Microsoft exchange administrator has blocked the version of Outlook that you are using. Contact your administrator for assistance.
Does anyone know what these two errors are referring to and how I can fix it so I can start using Outlook 2013?

Many thanks.

A:Outlook 2010 and 2013 conflicting. Can't open 2013.

Are you trying to connect to an Exchange mail server, e.g. one managed by your employer?

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/53650-outlook-2010-2013-conflicting-cant-open-2013-a.html
Relevancy 59.34%

The personal workbook opens for new files but not existing files.

Things I have tried:
If I try to record a macro on the personal workbook in an existing file I get two errors:
"Personal Macro Workbook in the startup folder must stay open for recording"
"Unable to record."

the personal workbook is not disabled in the trust center.
trusted documents and locations are not disabled

if I put in the location of the XLSTART folder in the "at startup, open all files in:" it works only until I close Excel: it then goes back to being blank.

I have literally no idea what to try next.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-2013-personal-workbook-opens-only-sometimes.1156519/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi there Whoever designed the base colors for Office must have been totally STONE DEAF and COLOR BLIND at the same time I can't believe that comments weren't made before this stuff was allowed out of the door There's almost no possibilities to customize the backgrounds or colors and on a large monitor the base white looks really HIDEOUS -- you need a good pair of Sunglasses while working with it The Outlook 2013 (Office De-Uglify Help 2013) to only other choice is some type of Grey shown in screenshot which looks very similar to quot The Fruit Company's Window colour scheme Still looks Outlook 2013 (Office 2013) Help to De-Uglify hideous and that Blue Outlook also displays the unread message titles in the most sickly blue can't seem to change it I've ever seen Before I remove this POS from my computer is there anyway to De-Uglify or customize like I had in Office with the Black background I don't like it opening with a prompt screen before I get the base screen often needs another TWO keyboard strokes -- example for EXCEL shown -- I should be able to open it in a Window with the menus just like like Office It means I now have to make a load of extra keyboard strokes before I actually get a workbook screen to start getting my work done I don't want the sign in reminders either -- I don't intend to use Cloud services etc Cheers jimbo

A:Outlook 2013 (Office 2013) Help to De-Uglify

No there isn't a way (that I know of) to change it. It was too cumbersome and hogged my Internet Speed with Cloud and whatnot; so I went back to good ol' office 2010. Maybe you should too

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/272323-outlook-2013-office-2013-help-de-uglify.html
Relevancy 56.76%

whenever i upload pix from my vidcamera to my pictures folder, after i'm done with the pix, move them email them delete them etc, windows 7 creates a folder after i close that folder so that i have to go back & delete that folder. is there a trick to turn off this feature? Thx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extra-folders.901539/
Relevancy 55.9%

Gudday I note that after my recent upgrade to new XP with SP from old XP with SP I have a few issues Other user Extra folders? threads note some Extra user folders? of these This thread concerns what appears to be extra user folders in c Documents and Settings I say appears as this may be a normal state of affairs and my ignorance is coming forth The users Administrator amp Tim Knell me have two appearances one with no extension and the other with the extension HOME Users a All Users and b Default User have three folders - no extension WINDOWS amp WINNT Users Laura Knell amp Leanne Knell have only the Extra user folders? single folder The user folders are all different in the files they contain and their sizes The attached file should make it clearer Questions Why do some users have appearance some have and others are blessed with Does this have any implications concerning performance logging on access to programs files etc I have already noted issue I get an desktop ini message with a code error message every time I log on I have already had checked what it means I am to delete the file from user location but there are so many I am loathe to delete from them all lest I crash or affect my computer in some way

A:Extra user folders?

Quote:

I note that after my recent upgrade to new XP with SP2 from old XP with SP2 I have a few issues.

Im not understanding what you did to upgrade your system. Did you just install SP2? Is this a fresh installation with SP2 installed after or intergated into the Windows cd?
You seem to have multiple issues throughout the forum lacking information on what you actually did. Your going to get multiple suggestions from different members that dont see the whole picture.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/extra-user-folders-96338.html
Relevancy 55.47%

My OS is Windows Vista Home Premium -bit My external hard drives were getting full so I added a new one The previous were TB and TB and the new one is TB Because of how I organize my files it was expedient to move the files on the TB to the TB and then move the files on the TB to the TB thus leaving the original TB free for other files The problem is that before I made these changes I was in the middle of downloading separate items After I made the changes none of the items would continue downloading This was because the file path had changed since a new level of folder showed up on the destination drive Before for example a file path would of of extra How to rid get folders? [SOLVED] tier an be F Azureus Downloads File Name Now however the file path has an additional tier which is a folder named quot Elements quot My original external drives were Western Digital [SOLVED] How to get rid of an extra tier of folders? Elements the new one is a Western Digital My Book So now the correct file [SOLVED] How to get rid of an extra tier of folders? path would be F Elements Azureus Downloads File [SOLVED] How to get rid of an extra tier of folders? Name Please see the screen shots below showing these tiers Is there a way that I can effectively and quickly get rid of the Elements folder on both the drives Surely there is something easier than having to go back and change the file paths for all items besides I would like to get rid of the unnecessary tier level to expedite future use Thanks for anything you can suggest cashcqshel

A:[SOLVED] How to get rid of an extra tier of folders?

Hi,

Please read the forum rules Here

Quote:

P2P
We believe that the main purpose of P2P programs is to illegally download and use copyrighted material of whatever description. We further understand that there may be legal uses for P2P, but as we are not able to assess a user's intent when he/ she asks for help, we do not support P2P software and we will not assist any user in this regard. This includes but is not limited to Bearshare, Kazaa and many others.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-how-to-get-rid-of-an-extra-tier-of-folders-615471.html
Relevancy 54.61%

my computer had recently gotten infected by a virus and i asked for help from this site and they told me to use combofix to scan it and that it turns off auto run in usb devices so i did this and i connected my ipod and digital camera afterwords and now my ipod has folders like SLATKO, jedna, FOUND.000, FOUND.111, ~trash, ime and i can't add photos to my computer from my digital camera.
P.S: i have enabled disk use in my ipod so i use it like a usb and its ipod classic

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ipod-and-digital-camera-have-extra-folders.996422/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have relocated my personal folders from my C:drive(0s&Programs)to my D:drive(personal docs.)By creating new folders on my d:driver then going to my c:driver users folder & relocating them to my d:drive.Everything went fine.Now three days later when I go to open my personal folders on d:drive I have two peronslal folders of each music,pictures,docs,etc......Proporties for one folder is d:drive the other is c:drive for each.What should I do with the c:drive folders?Delete them,Move them back to c:drive?I am not sure what to do.I do not want to loose files on d:drive.Any help would be appreciated,Thank You

A:Personal Folders

How did you relocate them, using the personal folder properties dialog?

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/24409-personal-folders.html
Relevancy 54.18%

For some background I have Windows Vista installed on one partition of my hard disk and Windows XP installed on the other Media Player and Media Center on the Vista Vista indexing extra folders Center Media partition are both configured to index just the Pictures Music etc folders for the Vista users In Media Player this works just as you d expect it to - the Picture library only shows pictures in those folders Problem is in Media Center the Picture Library has all those folders there as well as quot Local Disk D quot Vista Media Center indexing extra folders - the partition XP is on Somehow it s managed to index the entirety of the disk without any instruction from me It s not a huge Vista Media Center indexing extra folders problem seeing it there - it can be ignored easily enough - but then when I start a slideshow I have to deal with seeing slide after slide of temporary and system images from XP and the programs installed for it - icons help files screenshots etc How can I keep the partition out of Media Center s library nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-media-center-indexing-extra-folders.612164/
Relevancy 53.75%

All my personal folders (My Music, My Pictures, My Videos) have been gone for about a week. I can't seem to find the icon in My Documents, but the folder still exists. It is beginning to irritate me as I can find no solution yet. Thanks for reading!

A:Missing Personal folders

Hi Unohoo09,

Did you try "Search". They are probably just in wrong place. When you find them just put them back :D

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/missing-personal-folders-492675.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I had all of my folders (music, pictures, documents, etc) location moved to a drive on the network. I reformatted that drive. Now all of those icons on Vista are the generic white icon. If I right click and hit properties, there is no location tab, and windows can not find a previous version. Can someone help me restore these to the default location?

A:Help with restoring personal folders

Hello VanillaXtract,

It depends if the entire user profiles where located on the network share or just your personal user folders...

The individual folders inside your user profile: update these registry keys with the location of each folder

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellFolders
and
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\UserShellFolders).

The ShellFolders keys should point to the exact folder you specify while the UserShellFolders should all start with %USERPROFILE%\locationhere

Let me know how it works out
dmex

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/150172-help-restoring-personal-folders.html
Relevancy 53.75%

User cannot delete items in the personal folder in Outlook. Receives the following message: "The messenging interface has returned an unknown error". Any suggestions?

A:Oulook Personal Folders

Microsoft Support turns up a few hits.

http://support.microsoft.com/search...t=0&comm=1&ast=1&ast=2&ast=3&mode=a&x=13&y=16

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/oulook-personal-folders.302920/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi All,

How do i stop my personal folder from being shared? I am not part of a homegroup.
Under the advanced tab, sharing is not ticked and the 'share with' is set to nobody.

Can someone please help?

Thanks

A:My personal folders are shared

Welcome to Windows Seven Forum.

Are you talking about your Public folder?

Windows Public Folder - What is the Public Folder in Windows?

Windows 7 Feature Focus: HomeGroup

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/182372-my-personal-folders-shared.html
Relevancy 53.75%

On PC #1 I can change a folder icon to whatever I want for easy I.D. But on PC #2 If I try the same to change the folder icon it doesn't change. (both r win7 x64)

On both machines only one user acct - Administrator.

Folder > properties > customize > change icon >etc

A:Using personal icons on folders how to?

See if either of these tutorials by Brink help:

User Folders - Change Default Icon
Folder Icon Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/344494-using-personal-icons-folders-how.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Have I lost my mind - don't answer that !!!

I want to have my folders open in the Maximized form and with the Icons being in the Extra Large View. That seems simple enough, but -

I keep using Folder Options, but it just is not sticking. Am I using the wrong tool?

Thanks so much for any assistance. I appreciate BC a lot! I know that I can trust it here, and that is worth more than gold these days - - but then again, gold is not worth much either. . . .

Pat

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/309020/view-folders-with-maximized-window-and-extra-large-icons/
Relevancy 53.32%

Can anyone advise on how to set up outlook.com custom domain email accounts with outlook desktop 2013 or 2016
i have 3 accounts that are oulook.com custom domain accounts working fine in outlook 2013 - suddenly 2 of them stopped working  and i have searched the webs to no avail - answews.micorsoft.com techs sent an open thread to the forum.

the typical m.hotmail.com server ins't working and neither is IMAP

if anyone has any troubleshooting tips please help -maybe a new server address? ive tried a few still not working.
maybe thiers a way to find out what server the account is on?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3add1b2f-1501-46a9-8c00-050d872b8e70/outlookcom-custom-domain-sync-with-outlook-2013-and-2016?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi, is there any way of backing up all email accounts in Outlook 2013 (including username+password) and restoring them in Outlook 2016 without having to manually recreate the accounts? Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/75253-outlook-2013-outlook-2016-restoring-email-accounts.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi, is there any way of backing up all email accounts in Outlook 2013 (including username+password) and restoring them in Outlook 2016 without having to manually recreate the accounts? Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/75253-outlook-2013-outlook-2016-restoring-email-accounts.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have created a batch file for copying my Documents folder to an external hard drive:

Quote:
robocopy C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents J:\Desktop-Backup\Documents /copyall /e /LOG+:c:\users\USERNAME\documents\backuplog.txt

The log file shows that it is backing up C:\users\USERNAME\documents\My Music and C:\users\USERNAME\documents\My Pictures.
That's fine, because I want those backed up anyway, but when I go to J:\desktop-backup\Documents, the Music and Pictures folders aren't there (or anywhere else on the J: drive).
I have "view hidden files and folders" turned on. It seems that the files are actually there because my Documents folder is only 700MB, yet several GB have been taken up on the J: drive.
Anyone have any thoughts?
Thanks.

A:Robocopy backup for personal folders

Hi,

Can you re-write your post and use some punctuation and paragraphing to make it easier to read please? I'm having a hard time working out your robocopy command lines.

See if this will help you:

ROBOCOPY - Create Backup Script

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/217517-robocopy-backup-personal-folders.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello everyone Not sure if this is the best place but I hope someone can save me I have a folder called Vista on my NAS mapped in Vista as Z Inside that folder are sub-folders one most importantly called Documents This is where the 'Documents' tab under Vista was stuff Folders, NAS Personal missing and pointing to To cut a long story short I needed to move where 'Documents' points to from Z Documents to NASDrive Vista Documents Vista initially processed this and Personal Folders, NAS and missing stuff asked if I wanted to copy files replace files or basially neither As in my mind I wasn't actually changing the location I selected neither Problem is I cannot see any documents folder on the NAS and most importantly I cannot see any of my documents anymore Not good I'm stuck and really quite worried as there are a couple of documents on there I really really need I've turned the NAS off for now so that nothing more can be done on the internal drive I think the NAS uses a Linux-based system but I really don't know anymore than that Are the files sitting there but hidden Can be they be recovered Surely they've not disappeared into the ether The missing folder files aren't in the Windows Recycle Bin which doesn't surprise me as I believe Samba file systems don't work in that way Any help would be gratefully received Regards Rich

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/291961-personal-folders-nas-missing-stuff.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I am having a weird issue I have a network with PC's and PS 's Personal visible folders network on My PC-Win Personal folders visible on network Roommate's-Vista Home Premium His girlfriend's- Vista Home Premium I have enabled sharing on all the external HDD's that are connected to my Win machine Personal folders visible on network All sharing and security has been set accordingly and works perfect except for Personal folders visible on network some reason my USER folder quot Jay quot is completely visible to both Vista machines When I access the Network folder on my Win machine only the Public folders are visible on the two Vista machines The strange thing is that when I look at the properties of quot Jay quot folder it shows it as being shared yet in the Advanced sharing window quot Jay quot is NOT shared quot users quot folder is shared so I am assuming this is why quot Jay quot is shared as it is a sub-folder of quot users quot And when I look at the permission settings for quot Jay quot only myself and SYSTEM had permissions Now I managed to workaround this by adding another permission rule to the quot Jay quot folder I added NETWORK and set it to DENY straight across the board So now my roommates can still see my USERS folder but cannot access it This however is NOT ideal as this also blocks them from seeing accessing my PUBLIC folder I only set the NETWORK deny permissions on quot Jay quot folder yet ALL network sub-folders of USERS are blocked I have been up down thru around my folder and permission settings for my Win machine and cannot figure out why that folder quot Jay quot was visible and being shared and is still being shared Is this a hole in Win security I have found possibly Or am I missing something completely obvious I can't get the Public folder visible and accessible without exposing the quot Jay quot folder to all network users And if I stop sharing quot users quot I can't get the Public folder visible

A:Personal folders visible on network

Sounds to me like you set up a Homegroup with mixed Op systems which it really was not made for. For some reason doing this seems to allow the User folders on the Win 7 machines to be shared out, you havn't mentioned if you set up a Homegroup or Workgroup so I can only guess at this?

If you want more control over whats being shared then don't use Homegroups for a mixed OP system network, you should leave the Homegroup on your Windows 7 machines and then set up a Workgroup instead.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/125670-personal-folders-visible-network.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Is there a way to rename my main email from "Personal Folders" to the name I used to create that account. i.e. "[email protected]" is listed in account settings name, not as Personal Folders. (3 other email accounts show the correct account name)

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/387235-renaming-personal-folders-ol-2010-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi all,

You know when you click your profile name on the start menu and you see all your personal folders (Docs, Pics, Music, Vids... etc.)

Each time I install a new computer, I move those to the D drive. Process is :Right click the folder and Properties
Click the Location tab
Click the Move button
Select new path
Accept all prompts

Can anyone help me doing this using scripting (vbs, bat...) ?

Thanks,

Simo

A:Move personal folders using script

Copying is a Simple script

Rightclick on my little script and change the content.

Change the text "CopyFrom" to the source.
Change the text "Copyto" to the destination.
Keep the "/E" for that is the command to copy everything

For every folder again.

Hope this helps :D

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/move-personal-folders-using-script-675740.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Sorry. But I Have A problems Again

I Lost My Downloads Folder Default Icon In Personal User Location [Start >> My Users]

But In Drive E: ...

And But No Downloads Folder !? [Start >> Computer >> C: >> Users >> My User]

I GET This Problem After Uninstall Icon Packager 5.0

A:Problems With Personal User Folders

Hello Gunniz,

It looks like you may have moved your Downloads folder to E by mistake. If you like, see if using OPTION TWO in the tutorial below to restore the Downloads folder to it's C:\Users\(user-name)\Downloads folder may help. User Folders - Restore Default Location
If it is already located at that location with a "Locations" tab, then see if using OPTION TWO in the tutorial below instead to restore it's icon may help.User Folders - Restore Default Icon
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/236829-problems-personal-user-folders.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Personally, I move the image folder on the other drive, because I previously did a folder I changed the entire disk image to a folder. When I try to repeal moved me write: Establishment of a list of subfolders under "G: \ System Volume Information" has failed. Access is denied

A:Repeal move personal folders

Quote:
Establishment of a list of subfolders under "G: \ System Volume Information" has failed. Access is denied

From Microsoft:

Quote:
The System Volume Information folder is a hidden system folder that the System Restore tool uses to store its information and restore points. There is a System Volume Information folder on every partition on your computer. You might need to gain access to this folder for troubleshooting purposes.

In normal use one does not need to gain access to that Folder.

How to delete "System Volume Information" folder on Win 7
https://www.google.com/search?site=&....0.MRvdJQx7NfE

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/350042-repeal-move-personal-folders.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I hope someone can personal user folders with help relocating Need help Need help with relocating personal user folders me on this multi-part related problem I am having A few weeks ago I did a fresh os install on a ssd and moved my old hd to be quot D quot for storage pix music dl's etc I wanted to place the user folder in the quot D quot drive so I Made a folder in the quot D quot drive called for example quot dobby quot to place the user folders into Lets say my quot C quot drive user name is quot Harry quot I right click on the folder I wanted to move for example quot my pictures quot I go to the location tab then to move I then find quot D quot drive and open the quot dobby quot folder and click select folder and apply quot my pictures quot there and it moves them asking if I want all to move I click yes Now when I go open quot D quot there is no quot dobby quot folder it is gone If I go to c user harry right click quot my pictures quot it says it's in quot D dobby quot so why doesn't quot dobby quot folder show in quot D quot drive However there is a quot my pictures quot folder in D drive with my moved pictures what became of the quot dobby quot folder in D Then I made the problem way worse I really hope someone can help me with this I clicked start user harry quot downloads quot right clicked downloads clicked move and opened D drive but didn't open a folder and clicked apply- The contents of download appeared loose in D as in not in a folder but now when I click user harry in that list where quot downloads quot was is now has quot Local disk D in the list and if you click it it opens the quot D quot drive How do I remove quot Local disk D quot from that user harry personal folder list and put quot downloads back there Many thanks

A:Need help with relocating personal user folders

Don`t click on my Pictures, just open my pictures, then copy and paste the pictures to the Dobby folder.

To sum up: Create your storage folder on D, then just copy and paste the pics to the folder on D

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/350355-need-help-relocating-personal-user-folders.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have several personal folders where I keep my e-mail messages in Outlook Express. When I try to open these folders all message are gone. I tried using DBXtract and it also says there are no files in these folders. Yes, I have the open hidden files selected. Can anyone tell me what happened and anyway I can recover these e-mail messages> Thanks

Relevancy 53.32%

I am using Windows Vista Home edition.
I lost my personal datas [file & folder] which were stored in the system Drive (C but the datas in the other drive (D are intact suddenly. When I tried to serach one particular file using search files/folder option, it came up in the search and I tried to save it with the same name then it said file already exists. I am not sure what's wrong with my laptop.
I'll appreciate your help.

Regards,
Pps

A:Lost personal folders in Vista

Welcome
Download and try to find them with shadow explorer
ShadowExplorer.com - About

If that does not work
Download and try to find the files with recuva
Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File and Disk Recovery - Free Download

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/288706-lost-personal-folders-vista.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I had this problem before and following the steps from the last time is not working for me this time.
The error message in Office Outlook 2007 is . . The data file "Personal Folders" was not closed properly.
How can I fix this problem?

Thanx !!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/personal-folders-not-closed-properly.1165764/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello people,

I am very pleased with my windows 8.1, I just find it really annoying that I see in "My Computer (PC)" my personal folders pictures, music, videos and downloads.

How can I disable it in "My Computer (PC)".

Can someone help me please?

regards,

I. M.

A:Hide personal folders in my computer???

You can use this link below:
This PC - Add or Remove "Folders" in Windows 8.1

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/33848-hide-personal-folders-my-computer.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have some users on Outlook 2003.
Here is the situation: When he opens outlook it automatically opens with the Outlook Today window. That is fine. But after he moves around and goes to the Inbox and then clicks on the Tasks. When he clicks on mail again he wants to go back to the Outlook today window.
He says he has done this on his home Outlook but can't remember how he did it.
Is there a way to do this.
I have played around but could not find a setting.
Any help would be great.

A:Outlook 2003 - Always move back to Outlook Today (Personal Folder)

All I do is click on the very top "Personal Folders" and it takes me back to Outlook Today.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-always-move-back-to-outlook-today-personal-folder.508720/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a Dell Inspiron running Window Pro I had been using Outlook for about a month with no problems when I got a message saying my OUTLOOK PST file was approaching maximum size of Gb However I could not open it to compact it or delete items to bring the size down I just kept getting the quot approaching maximum size quot error Outlook was NOT asking for a password for my mail server It's specifically asking for a PW to open OUTLOOK PST So I opened the OUTLOOK PST file in Outlook successfully did some housekeeping and reduced the size to about Mb However when I tried to open the PST in Outlook again I was prompted for a password to open the PST I tried my MS Account PW and several other PWs but none worked I never set a PW for the OUTLOOK PST in the first place I was never prompted for a PW before the quot max size quot error came up I am able to open the file in Outlook without being prompted for a PW but every time I try to open it in OL I get the PW prompt I have also run the SCANPST EXE utility on the OUTLOOK PST file but that has not changed the PW prompt Any suggestions would be appreciated Ken

A:Outlook 2013 Asks for Password to open OUTLOOK.PST

According to this page you shouldn't have reached the limit of the .pst file size:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/982577/

Info:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/289987/

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/65089-outlook-2013-asks-password-open-outlook-pst.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I recently upgraded my office suite from 2010 to 2013.
However, I'm not able to find all my stuff of outlook-2010 within new outlook-2013.
How to recover?

Relevancy 52.89%

I am so confused about where outlook 2013 keeps things.

I have installed Outlook 2013 and would like to import my contacts from my outlook 2007 in another computer. I have already prepared the contacts.pst file from outlook 2007 and made it available in my public folders. I then imported the .pst file into Outlook 2013 via network. However the contacts shows up as a separate contact list rather than integrated into the outlook 2013 address book . How to correct it?

I must have got the process wrong.

Thanks

A:outlook 2013 import contacts from outlook 2007

OK. I found the imported contacts in a separate list inside the address book. There are 2 lists one is "In This computer" the other is just "contacts" . How do I make the "contacts "list as the default so I get an address book when I click on 'To" ?

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/39639-outlook-2013-import-contacts-outlook-2007-a.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello folks
As the countdown to the deadline reaches it's last few days, I'm thinking of finally taking the plunge and upgrading from Windows 7 Pro.
I'm just wondering, is the fact that I have moved some of my Personal Folders (My Music, My Pictures, My Video, Downloads) to a different drive likely to cause any problems? Or can I just leave things as they are, let the upgrade run, hopefully without hiccups?
Thanks

A:Moved personal folders + Windows 10 upgrade.

leave things as they are, let the upgrade run, hopefully without hiccups.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/moved-personal-folders-windows-10-upgrade-4597273/
Relevancy 52.46%

In the Personal Folder located on Vista, there are other folders called Favorites, Contacts, Bluetooth Software, Searches, etc.

I do not need half of these, and have tried deleting them, however they keep coming back.

Is there anyway to permanently remove these?

Relevancy 52.46%

Earlier on, I right clicked a lot of my personal folders, such as Music, Documents, Videos and so on, and altered the location to a different drive, I:\. After having done that, I reconfigured my drives, and shifted the drive from I:\ to F:\ instead. Now, I can't alter any of the links, so I need to somehow reconfigure the locations, but I can't figure out any way of doing it.

Some help would really be appreciated

A:Solved: Lost links to personal folders

Still getting nowhere with this

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-lost-links-to-personal-folders.624062/