Windows Support Forum

Computer Screen Goes Black, Screen Seemingly Loses Connection

Q: Computer Screen Goes Black, Screen Seemingly Loses Connection

hi Computer Seemingly Connection Screen Black, Loses Screen Goes all a recent problem has occurred with Computer Screen Goes Black, Screen Seemingly Loses Connection my computer whilst playing games i can play for a few minutes and then a black screen appears with sound looping and the screen status colour changes from solid green to flickering green This is XP Professional by the way My system is as follows P N-E Sli MoboC D E ghz gb ramXFX GTS mbThe games in which this occur are as follows Team Fortress Grand Theft Auto San AndreasThe Elder Scrolls IV OblivionGuild WarsHowever what is strikingly odd about this problem is that it only occurs about of the time Yesterday I managed to play Guild Wars Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic Grand Theft Auto San Andreas and The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion absolutely perfectly I have searched forums and it seems this can be linked to overheating but my temperature gauge on the front of the computer says I run at about C most of the time and the computer itself is not hot inside at all All fans are spinning fine no dust I have heard other issues such as graphics card drivers and i have tried different drivers all of which did not overcome this problem Could it possibly be sound drivers Or possibly something wrong with the motherboard Thanks in advance Mod Edit Topic moved to more appropriate forum TMacK

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Computer Screen Goes Black, Screen Seemingly Loses Connection

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Computer Screen Goes Black, Screen Seemingly Loses Connection

it may be bugs in those games, I'd check for any patches or fixes for them 1st.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/116030/computer-screen-goes-black-screen-seemingly-loses-connection/
Relevancy 95.03%

Crashes happen anytime, result in a black or white screen, one time, it completed the loop and it had actually BSOD'd! I have the memory dump (hoping a forums wizard can come and save me!). Have tried disabling HDMI audio package drivers, overclocking and underclocking the video card. Does not appear to be memory related as one time, music that was being played on my computer, continued to play after the crash. Using windows 7 64bit RTM btw.

A:Games crash to black screen, monitor loses signal, computer reboots

Heres the memory dump PAGEDU64 ?   B? - MEMORY DUMP PLAYER666 - MiCCv0na - Pastebin.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/96542-games-crash-black-screen-monitor-loses-signal-computer-reboots.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hello We ve been using Post Office broadband for several months now with a recurring problem Several times a day our router will lose its connection to the internet the internet light goes off while the wireless signal stays on All the computers in the house lose connection to the network while this happens It will usually happen two or more times right after each other so the computers can re-connect for a few seconds and then the connection will drop again Eventually after this repeats a few times everything returns to normal We ve tried swapping cables microfilters and different routers though all the same model We tried the test socket but the same problem happens An engineer came to test the line but said he couldn t detect any problems We have good download upload speeds while the router stays connected and no noise on the phone line I m fed up of going in circles with the ISP tech support so I came here instead One other thing I tried was OpenDNS but that made no difference either Is there anything else we can try Info The router is a ZyXEL P- HW-T v I ve tried updating the firmware on it but it wouldn t let me If I remember correctly the Router Configuration Interface told me I don t have permission to do that There are four computers connected mine is Windows I m pretty sure others are as well and also a Macbook There s also various stuff like an Ipad Kindle etc which all lose connection at the same time Finally I know next to seemingly Router at loses random? connection nothing about networking sorry Router loses connection seemingly at random? Thanks for any help nbsp

Relevancy 84.28%

Hello All,

I have recently got myself an upgrade at the end of May, and I've been getting weird black screen crashes since. Event ID 41, Task 63, Keywords 0x8000000000000002
So far, I have no reliable ways to reproduce the issue. But it occurs rather consistently when I am doing either the following:
1. Browsing on Pale Moon.
2. Playing the video game DOOM (and only happens on DOOM so far) with a sourceport called Zandronum.
3. Doing nothing and had my screen off.

At first, I thought it might be my RAM, because I foolishly mixed my RAM modules of different timing and frequency for a while. But the problem persisted even after I got myself my current RAM.
I do not overclock, and my PSU is new. So I hope those two are not the issue.
I'm not sure what else to do now.

A:Black screen and crash at seemingly random occasions. Event ID 41

hello Khrada, and welcome to the forums. You have no dump files. Please make sure your computer is configured for Small Memory Dumps Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD

An event ID 41 simply means your computer restarted unexpectedly. Nothing more.

I looked at your error reports and noticed that most of the error reports recently have been caused by your PS2, I believe. They have been NeptuniaRebirth1 and SCPdriver.exe which I believe is a Emulator driver to allow PS2 controllers to be used on Windows. I believe I would make different arrangements for them and maybe the PS2.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/375379-black-screen-crash-seemingly-random-occasions-event-id-41-a.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Sometimes I can run for up to around hours without any of these happening but when it does happen there are sure to be more to follow Computer restarts offer a temporary fix Audio Black + Screen Seemingly Windows or Update Random BSOD Failed always continues to play uninterrupted throughout any of these Excluding BSOD of course Ranked in order of frequency Most common at top -Random screen freeze Usually while browsing the internet never seems to happen in games When it unfreezes my cursor takes the shape of what it should when I Seemingly Random BSOD or Black Screen + Windows Failed Update hover over something but it won't change back Seemingly Random BSOD or Black Screen + Windows Failed Update Ex Changes to the I symbol when it goes over the address bar but keeps the shape no matter where I put Seemingly Random BSOD or Black Screen + Windows Failed Update the cursor -Screen goes black and the quot DVI NO SIGNAL quot message appears on the screen computer sounds to be running normally It usually returns to normal after a few minutes when I have the patience to wait This happened once while I was away from the computer so it wasn't triggered by an action of mine -Screen goes completely black no messages and it restarts OR I get a BSOD I was thinking that maybe the black screen is actually a BSOD that fails to show me the actual blue screen They both create dump files In addition to these things the Windows Update quot Windows Service Pack for x -based Systems KB quot Has been failing to install since about months before the crashing started The error code is All other updates install successfully I was considering the possibility that these two problems are related somehow Thanks for reading and for any help that could be offered Dump Files below

A:Seemingly Random BSOD or Black Screen + Windows Failed Update

I would start with a Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 to eliminate a possible hardware issue.

From the dumps that were uploaded, it does seem like it be a hardware problem:

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa80074ed8f8, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : GenuineIntel

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: fffffa80074ed8f8, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 0000000000000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`031a86b0 fffff800`034cc979 : fffffa80`074ed8d0 fffffa80`06737680 00000000`00000008 00000000`00000001 : nt!WheapCreateLiveTriageDump+0x6c
fffff880`031a8bd0 fffff800`033ae677 : fffffa80`074ed8d0 fffff800`034275f8 fffffa80`06737680 00000003`00000005 : nt!WheapCreateTriageDumpFromPreviousSession+0x49
fffff880`031a8c00 fffff800`03316c85 : fffff800`03489380 fffffa80`0764ac48 fffffa80`0764ac40 fffffa80`06737680 : nt!WheapProcessWorkQueueItem+0x57
fffff880`031a8c40 fffff800`0328fb21 : fffff880`010cae00 fffff800`03316c60 fffffa80`06737680 00000538`00000000 : nt!WheapWorkQueueWorkerRoutine+0x25
fffff880`031a8c70 fffff800`0352147a : 00000538`00000000 fffffa80`06737680 00000000`00000080 fffffa80`06723040 : nt!ExpWorkerThread+0x111
fffff880`031a8d00 fffff800`03260da6 : fffff880`02f64180 fffffa80`06737680 fffff880`02f6efc0 00000538`00000000 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`031a8d40 00000000`00000000 : fffff880`031a9000 fffff880`031a3000 fffff880`037a7500 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxStartSystemThread+0x16

STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: GenuineIntel

IMAGE_NAME: GenuineIntel

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_BUS_PRV

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_BUS_PRV

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

Code:
1: kd> !errrec fffffa80074ed8f8
===============================================================================
Common Platform Error Record @ fffffa80074ed8f8
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Record Id : 01ce7cb27efd3f45
Severity : Fatal (1)
Length : 928
Creator : Microsoft
Notify Type : Machine Check Exception
Timestamp : 7/9/2013 14:42:31 (UTC)
Flags : 0x00000002 PreviousError

===============================================================================
Section 0 : Processor Generic
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Descriptor @ fffffa80074ed978
Section ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/298212-seemingly-random-bsod-black-screen-windows-failed-update.html
Relevancy 79.98%

For some reason , my computer restarts without notice , just seems to lose power all of a sudden, then it will start up again..

This generally happens when CPU usage is at 90+%
some games that have been doing this are

Crysis 2 << (even on low)
ApB Reloaded <<(lowest settings as well)
Nba 2k11
Thanks in advance.
CPU: Core 2 Quad Q6600
Ram: 4gb
Graphic Card: EVGA 8800 GTS

A:Computer seemingly loses power during gaming sessions

How old is the computer? Sounds like heat. Is your computer used in dusty conditions? Have you ever cleaned out the dust from inside. The fans, vents and don't forget the psu. Use compressed air to clean as a vacuum will create a static charge which can kill your machine. Ctrl Alt Delete, Taskmanager and look under Performance while game is running and look in Processes to see what's being used.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-seemingly-loses-power-during-gaming-sessions.995107/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello My computer was randomly losing loses screen no power and Computer power when I used software that requires heavy memory usage Like burning a DVD I checked what the cause of this could be and it could be due to overheating so Computer loses power and no screen I checked the grade celsius from BIOS and it was I checked the grade celcius on my computer with Coretemp Computer loses power and no screen and core was core was core and were Quad core I heard dust could be the problem for overheating so Computer loses power and no screen I got rid of dust in my computer There was quite a bit I removed the fan of the prossessor because there was dust on there I removed the prossessor to see if it looked alright returned the prossesor and the fan returned the power cable on the computer and turned it on and the first thing it says is quot New CPU installed quot and quot loading new files quot something like that And of course my computer once again loses power while in the process of that So I tried looking for some dust again placed the cables better so air could flow better through the computer I start it up and seconds later it reboots It does this everytime now When I start up my computer seconds later it shuts down then turns on Then I have no screen at all What could be the cause of this If someone has a solution for me I would appreciate it Sorry for my bad english nbsp

Relevancy 76.97%

HI I was being helped by Quads on the norton community I know he helps out here too Quads was helping me but I screwed up thought I was helping to save time yes I know I saved you alot of time now but I did not starting Freezing, and when screen computer the redirect search black Screen engine follow complete instructions This is what was done so far OTL scan was run adwcleaner was run had adwcleaner delete Screen Freezing, search engine redirect and black screen when starting the computer all and reboot ran combofix when computer was rebooting it got stuck on the black screen for about an hour Had to restart it again and when it did it restored to a previous date This is where I screwed up Since it was a previous date it seemed like nothing had taken place no downloads on the desktop Ran the otl scan again adwcleaner again log looked the same as first time so I deleted all again Ran combofix and rebooted and it gave me a log That is where I am stuck I dont know whether to leave these downloads on the computer delete them I dont think that Quads is going to help me anymore since I messed up so I was wondering if anyone else could help I just really want to finish what was started The computer was stuck on the black screen this morning and finally got it restarted after about times But I do think there is some kind of virus Still have adwcleaner and combofix downloaded on the computer Dont know if I should delete them or what Thanks Kim

A:Screen Freezing, search engine redirect and black screen when starting the computer

Read the guide here on preparing logs

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html

and create a topic here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22.html

Good luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/472849/screen-freezing-search-engine-redirect-and-black-screen-when-starting-the-computer/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello originally my problem is that my internet browsers Internet explorer firefox can not display any kind of pages because of some kind of virus Also I had some kind of fake Microsoft Security Essentials MSE asking me to download more fake AV s onto my computer but I knew well enough that it was fake so I close it This also shows up in safe mode MSE block me from opening things such as iexplorer exe or sometimes it would say tskmanager is a virus and it wouldn t let me open anything So eventually I google this up and I read somewhere that told me to rename hotfix exe to hotfix exe when I run APPDATA so the annoying MSE would stop showing up It also told screen blue screen after KillGodzilla.exe login black Computer using displays me to update my Malwarebyte which I still can not do because I still do not have access to the Computer blue login screen displays black screen after using KillGodzilla.exe internet By Computer blue login screen displays black screen after using KillGodzilla.exe the way I am using another computer to type this So again I tried to do some more research to fix my internet problem and I found this site that told me to download KillGodzilla exe and run it and reboot my computer after that I should update my Malwarebyte but of course I can t do that because after the WINDOWS loading screen the blue log in screen doesn t show and displays a black screen which flickers sometimes after a few minutes it would restart my computer Also same thing for safe mode Does anyone know what is going on Did I screw up my computer to badly Do I need to reset my BIOS I am using Windows XP if that helps I also hav ESET smart security on my computer but I can t even open my computer right now Help is appreciated thanks

A:Computer blue login screen displays black screen after using KillGodzilla.exe

Anyone have any ideas at all? I waited a few days, and gave as much information as possible already, please?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/352162/computer-blue-login-screen-displays-black-screen-after-using-killgodzillaexe/
Relevancy 76.54%

Last night I downloaded a to boots screen splash Computer Windows black screen after file from a Torrent site - Blackberry stuff I'm pretty sure most or Computer boots to black screen after Windows splash screen all was freeware stuff I just noticed that that file has been removed Kinda unfortunately because I did leave a comment on what happened to me and I asked if anyone else had the same issue I'm guessing maybe they did because it is gone now I ran my AVG scan on it before opening it It didn't find anything so I ran the executable It locked up at one point after I started getting virus warnings from some new program I did not write down what any of it was - I had to do a hard shutdown When it came up to my choices window i e choose Safe Mode Last Know etc I was unable to make any selections with my keyboard so it continued to boot Windows normally The XP splash screen comes on and then the screen turns black with nothing further happening I can do a hard reboot but I can't get into Safe Mode because the keyboard isn't working and normal windows isn't working either Got any suggestions Do I have some serious funk Did some piece of hardware decide to stop functioning properly power supply I have been Googling this issue without any success Sometimes it feels like you are the only one to ever have a particular issue This happened very late last night and now I am at work so I'm not able to touch it for the next hours or so The only two things that I can do right now is go into the BIOS settings or watch it go into Windows and then get the black screen I have not tried booting with any CDs or floppy disks yet I need a solution please Has anyone else experienced this exact same issue

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-boots-to-black-screen-after-windows-splash-screen-300933.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I have another issue with my desktop running Windows 7 . the laptop starts up fine and monitor screen works but when it gets to desktop the screen is black. Any ideas?????
I have another laptop where it starts up fine but monitor is black . helppppppp

A:Screen works when starting computer but when it gets to desktop screen is black

What happens in safe mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-works-when-starting-computer-but-when-it-gets-to-desktop-screen-is-black.1153714/
Relevancy 71.81%

I'm getting the black screen with movable cursor or KSOD Black Screen Of Death on Windows (Black Vista Black Of Death) Screen screen or with cursor movable KSOD Vista Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista What happens The system powers on POST BIOS Start windows normally Windows splash screen - gt Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista Black screen lt - What I can do I CAN enter BIOS and have reset the default settings I CAN press F to give me advanced boot options but all options have the same result apart from quot Repair your computer quot I CAN load the quot Repair your computer quot option I CAN move the mouse around the screen I CAN press shift times to get a dialogue to appear but no control panel I CAN press the power button to shut down the system I CAN start up in safe Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista mode which is exactly the same but with lower resolution I CANNOT seem to do anything else However there are workarounds to accessing the hard drive I CAN use MSDaRT or the System Recovery Tool I CAN use the hard drive as an external USB hard drive on another machine What I've tried Startup Repair - Could not detect a problem System Restore - No restore points Windows Complete PC Restore - A valid restore location could not be found Windows Memory Diagnostics - No errors SFC Scan - No problems Stand alone system sweeper - No problems Hotfix Uninstall - Nothing to uninstall I also COULD do a partial or full quot Packard Bell Recovery quot which is essentially like reinstalling windows I DO NOT want to do this I'm sure this is just a simple software issue really and I would rather avoid a reinstall Can anyone recommend what steps I should try to resolve this Thanks

A:Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista

I think I saw this post aver at Toms but I also think you gave some additional info.
I think what may be going on it during the switch from the windows low res video driver to the driver used in normal mode.

Since you can get into safe mode try to go to device manager.
Start|right click computer|properties|device manager.
Look in the display adapter.
Is there a yellow exclamation mark there?
Or is it showing the video that you know should be there?
Please post the video that the machine uses and or the PB model.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-with-movable-cursor-or-ksod-black-screen-of-death-vista-410636.html
Relevancy 71.81%

A few times now I have been in internet explorer and then the screen with go back and forth from black screen back to internet screen and back and forth between the 2 for a few minutes and then will hit me with a blue screen with a bunch of writing on it and then will restart. It seems to run fine after the computer restarts itself but this has happened a few times now!

A:Screen flips back and forth from black screen to normal then blue screen

Welcome,
Can you provide a few details [remember we can't see or touch your system] about the hardware and software?
Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538659/screen-flips-back-and-forth-from-black-screen-to-normal-then-blue-screen/
Relevancy 71.81%

Sorry if this a repost i saw a few posts that had similar questions but my problem is a lil different when i turn on my computer the windows logo comes on and it sometimes will go to the blue login page for a few seconds then quickly the screen goes black i let it sit and the black screen never goes away i am forced to hold the power button untill it turns off then screen computer screen to in black during log goes i turn the computer back on and if i do that a few times it might work and i am able to log in and the computer works fine it works computer goes to black screen during log in screen perfectly until i let the computer go to the screen saver and then it just goes black and computer goes to black screen during log in screen stays that way and i am forced to hold the power button to turn it off i have not recently added any programs or anything to it or system restored it any ideas on what this could be and how i can fix it thanx in advance

A:computer goes to black screen during log in screen

Hello menice6801, Welcome to TSF!

Please try this workaround (you will need your Windows? XP SP2 CD).

(In the event that you do not have a Windows? XP CD with SP2, you will need to 'borrow' one from a friend or colleague, as the manufacturer's "Recovery Discs" will not work in this instance.)

Insert the Windows? XP CD in your drive. (Hold down the Shift Key to prevent it from starting.)

Go Start > Run ...in the box type in sfc /scannow …please take note of the space between the sfc and the /.

This is the System File Checker...it will scan all the Windows? core system files to ensure that they are in their respective correct places, and if not replace them from the CD.

During the scan you may be asked to Insert the CD, if this happens just go retry and let it do its thing.

One important point: While sfc is running, it is not advisable to do any other work, or have any browsers/programs running on the computer, until the scan is complete. (This process will generally take around 45-65 minutes to complete).

Once finished, remove the CD and reboot your machine...all should be "Normal" (hopefully).

Please post back with the result, or if there are any further queries/concerns.

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-goes-to-black-screen-during-log-in-screen-250905.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hey I need immediate help!

It's my sis' previously-formatted HP Pavilion dv5201tx! The problem is as the title above. I can go into safe mode. I've used system restore twice. And in Documents and Settings folder I noticed it has:

Administrator
Administrator.computer description name
Administrator.computer description name.000
username1
username2

Is it creating more user folders? At some point Administrator.computer description name.000 wasn't there. Corrupted registry hive? I'm not sure! Restarted many times, used Last known good configuration, and it's still black after the boot screen. Please help quick, she uses it a lot. Thank anybody so much..

Relevancy 69.23%

Computer Not with the computer in question now but here are some general specs Running Windows Vista bit Home Premium on a pretty cheap desktop Emachine T from loading screen booting After bios, hdd,computer during vista power loses loading series After loading bios, booting from hdd,computer loses power during vista loading screen which came with g of ram and g of free space Issue After loading bios booting from hdd computer loses power during vista loading screen After - tries After loading bios, booting from hdd,computer loses power during vista loading screen computer does boot successfully but can lose power again at any time with no obvious reasons as to why Computer won't After loading bios, booting from hdd,computer loses power during vista loading screen even boot in safe mode Note If the computer had been running recently however the first boot attempt is usually successful I have been dealing with this problem for about a month and a half now It seemed to pop up just after I made some changes to startup config I copied Reason music production program and World of Warcraft to my gig external hard drive and have ran both those programs from either my internal HDD or external HDD and also save data on both I may have changed bios cmos during that time but it's unlikely About a months ago I overclocked my computer and a year ago I installed an extra mb of ram Also my tower tipped over about months ago while it was running but the hit wasn't hard and the computer kept running normally I wish I could tell you exactly when this issue started and whether or not it was before or after the changes I have made in the past month and a half but I can't remember Anyways I've tired all sorts of solutions Here is what I can remember doing Note After everything I tried in the list below I did install a clean copy of Vista and wiped my HDD clean but the first cold boot after doing so the computer lost power just before vista loading screen which is even sooner than usual Updated all drives resetting bios cmos deleting all unnecessary programs including Reason from my internal HDD and WoW altogether testing individual sticks of ram although I am not confident I did that correctly tried different power sources but all on the same floor as my computer cleaned the inside of my tower looked for burnt or loose components unplugged all cords inside computer and plugged them back in again tightened loose screws took lithium battery out for five minutes and put it back in to reset cmos in a different manner changed boot order from cdrom-hdd-removable to hdd-cdrom-removable tried booting with external HDD plugged in or not plugged in defragged both HDD's changed power visual settings to both high performance and low performance downloaded SpeedFan to ensure problem wasn't overheating switched monitor's power cord with the towers to ensure it wasn't faulty booted in safe mode as mentioned and downloaded cc cleaner to both clean comp and to fix errors it found That's everything I can think of and most of the information is now redundant after the reinstall but I thought I would include it anyways SO What next It seems pretty obvious it's a hardware issue but I would like to narrow it down as much as I can before taking it in to a professional Anyways thanks in advance and sorry if the post is longer than necessary Oh one more thing I really do need to start using this computer everyday again so based on what I have written how unwise would it be to ignore the issue hope I am not damaging the computer and continue working

A:After loading bios, booting from hdd,computer loses power during vista loading screen

Hello BeauDDS, welcome to Vista Forums!

Please explain in detail what you mean by ...

"computer loses power during vista loading screen"

do you mean it loses all electrical power or something else?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/280773-after-loading-bios-booting-hdd-computer-loses-power-during-vista-loading-screen.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi First of all thank you for helping me connection after Blocked login black + internet screen Windows My issues are the following As far as I could observe it something is blocking my internet connection from AM on until the morning don't know exactly when It is definetly a problem of the laptop and not the network After logging into Windows I just see a black screen and the mouse coursor for - secs and then the actual desktop appears Please tell me if you also need the attach txt as I read that I should only attach it when asked Blocked internet connection + black screen after Windows login for it DDS txt DDS Ver - - - Blocked internet connection + black screen after Windows login NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Kai at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated AD D -BA - C - - A AD B SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP avast Antivirus Enabled Updated ACCC CA - C - C - B -AFE D E Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system ibmpmsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Program Files x Cisco Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client vpnagent exe C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files LENOVO HOTKEY TPHKLOAD exe C Program Files LENOVO HOTKEY TPHKSVC exe C Program Files x Lenovo Access Connections AcPrfMgrSvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files ThinkPad Bluetooth Software btwdins exe C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C Program Files Lenovo Communications Utility CAMMUTE exe C Program Files LENOVO HOTKEY MICMUTE exe C Program Files Lenovo Communications Utility TPKNRSVC exe C Program Files LENOVO VIRTSCRL lvvsst exe C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi LMIGuardianSvc exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Common Files Nitro Reader NitroPDFReaderDriverService x exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe C Program Files x Lenovo Access Connections AcSvc exe C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- exe C Program Files x ThinkPad Utilities PWMEWSVC EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows Explorer EXE C PROGRA LENOVO VIRTSCRL virtscrl exe C Program Files x Lenovo Access Connections AcDeskBandHlpr exe C Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer exe C Program Files LENOVO HOTKEY tposdsvc exe C Program Files x TeamViewer Version tv w exe C Program Files x Lenovo Access Connections SvcGuiHlpr exe C PROGRA Lenovo HOTKEY tpnumlkd exe C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TPONSCR exe C Program Files x TeamViewer Version tv x exe C Windows System TpShocks exe C Program Files Lenovo Communications Utility TpKnrres exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C PROGRAM FILES SYNAPTICS SYNTP SYNTPHELPER EXE C Users Kai AppData Roaming Spotify Data SpotifyWebHelper exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Internet Services iCloudServices exe C Windows SysWOW SupportAppXL AutoDect exe C Windows SysWOW rundll exe C Windows system rundll exe C Program Files ThinkPad Bluetooth Software BTTray exe D Program Files x PDF pdf exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE C... Read more

A:Blocked internet connection + black screen after Windows login

Greetings mrwright and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that. ===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.Now let's get started ===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. No need to provide the Attach report as we will be running another scan. While I review our situation please run this for me.===================================================Farbar's MiniToolBox--------------------Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktopPlease close any Firefox browsers you may have openDouble click the icon to launch the programMake sure the following options are checked:Flush DNSReport IE Proxy SettingsReset IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsReset FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList devices >>(Problem only)<<Click Go and once the scan is completed a Result.txt Notepad document will open on your desktopPlease copy and paste the contents in your reply===================================================Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)--------------------Download Farbar Recover Scan Tool for either 32 bit or 64 bit systems and save it to your desktopIf you are unsure if you have 32 bit or 64 bit simply download and try one. If that doesn't run properly the other one shouldDouble click the iconClick Yes to the disclaimerMake sure the Addition.txt box is checkedClick Scan and allow the program to runCli... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/527403/blocked-internet-connection-black-screen-after-windows-login/
Relevancy 69.23%

When I switch the Video card over to use the TV as the monitor I get a black and white picture with fuzzy reception which just provides lines and such. I checked to be sure the SVIDEO cables and digital sound cables were connected tight and properly and they were. Did I mess up a setting? How can I fix this? Thanks

HP Slimline Pavilion
AMD Dual Core 4000+ 2.10 GHZ
2GB Memory
Nvida GeForce 6150 LE
Vista Premium 32 bit

A:SVIDEO Connection Black and white screen with fuzzy reception

Do you have the latest Vista video drivers installed on your HP Slimline?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/svideo-connection-black-and-white-screen-with-fuzzy-reception.91735/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi I have this year old Lenovo Y config below The discrete graphic card has In WIN Screen Mode POST During , Screen Safe Even Black 7 Black probably fried a long time ago so last year when I did a clean install of Windows I had to disable ATI Card permanently in the device manager using safe mode Black Screen During WIN 7 POST , Black Screen Even In Safe Mode and used the Intel integrated card A few days ago I booted up windows only to encounter quot A disk read error has occurred press ctrl alt del to restart quot I tried to boot up using WIN install disc but soon after the Starting Windows logo the screen Black Screen During WIN 7 POST , Black Screen Even In Safe Mode turns black and I am left with a cursor in a black screen I tried to boot into Safe Mode but still I encountered a black screen with just the cursor I booted with Ubuntu live usb and was able to access all my partition and did back up and even formatted the Windows Partition I tried to boot using a WinPe and faced the Black screen with a cursor again I even reset BIOS to default changed Graphics Adapter from quot Discrete' to quot Switchable' and vice-versa but no effect at all When I boot up using Ubuntu and ran lspci grep VGA I can see both cards listed I even tried to boot up using Windows preview disk still I get a black screen after the Windows loading screen I can't afford to buy any laptop presently since I am currently at college so using Ubuntu for now Is ther any way to install Windows again Is it possible to get the ATI Card working properly- reballing reflow Any way to permanently disable the ATI card and get windows to boot up using the integrated chip Notebook Lenovo IdeaPad Y Processor Intel Core i M Graphics Adapter Switches B W Intel HD amp ATI Mobility Radeon HD

A:Black Screen During WIN 7 POST , Black Screen Even In Safe Mode

What other graphics adapter choices are available in BIOS setup? If you choose Switchable is there software on the Lenovo site for your model that's needed? Are you using the Display adapter software from there?

Have you tested your HD with the maker's HD Diagnostic extended CD scan, followed by a full Disk Check on a single disk partition you create?

Then work through the steps for Overcoming Windows 7 Installation Failures - Windows 7 Help Forums including trying an alternate install method (disk><flash stick) with new media. These steps overcome almost all install failures, so you'll be reasonably sure the problem is hardware or BIOS settings if nothing works. But don't skip any steps.

Try Clean Install Windows 10 Technical Preview to see if there's any difference with a more modern OS install. It's already a very polished OS and worth testing this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/351512-black-screen-during-win-7-post-black-screen-even-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello Recently my laptop screen had to be replaced due to a cracked screen Original screen was a Samsung and the new screen is LG After this whenever I install Intel HD graphics windows boots up till the login screen and then goes black one bright flicker then Screen/Blank screen after Black screen replacement completely black again However when I boot into safe mode and replace Intel HD graphics driver with Standard VGA adapter everything works fine except for crappy graphics ofcourse I tried installing various old new latest versions of driver software upgrade downgrade BIOS install monitor inf file from lenovo website for this laptop model everything Odd thing running Dxdiag shows my current display to be x bit hz So I tried to change the display refresh rate in advanced settings gt Screen refresh rate no luck no other option except ' Use hardware defaults' So I went ahead an modified registry values as given here How to Modify the Video Refresh Frequency in the Registry Again no use After I reboot and go back and check its set to by default Tried clean installs installing on a completely Black Screen/Blank screen after screen replacement new HDD Windows Pro Windows Ultimate Windows everything Is it a screen problem Or some hardware ID kind of thing What should I do Please help Dxdiag information ------------------ System Information ------------------ Black Screen/Blank screen after screen replacement Time of this report Machine name UNKNOWN-PC Operating System Windows Professional -bit Build Service Pack win sp rtm - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer LENOVO System Model AG BIOS Ver PARTTBLx Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Standard VGA Graphics Adapter Manufacturer Standard display types Chip type Intel R HD Graphics Core i DAC type Internal Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS A AA amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory n a Shared Memory n a Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name ThinkPad Display x Monitor Model Monitor Id Native Mode Output Type Driver Name igdumd dll igd umd dll igdumdx igd umd Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version unknown Driver Model unknown Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo'd n a WHQL Date Stamp n a Device Identifier D B E - - CF- B -EA CACC CB Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x A AA Revision ID x Driver Strong Name Unknown Rank Of Driver Unknown Video Accel Deinterlace Caps n a D D Overlay n a DXVA-HD n a DDraw Status Not Available D D Status Not Available AGP Status Not Available

A:Black Screen/Blank screen after screen replacement

Not all laptop screens are the same. It is important to get a "replacement" screen, not a "compatible" one.

On the back of the laptop screen is a product sticker (you can only read this before you install the screen). On that sticker is the manufacturer and model #. You can use that number to find exact replacements.

How did you come to choose the LG screen?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/360164-black-screen-blank-screen-after-screen-replacement.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I have a home network of 3 wired and 2 wireless connections. One of the wired connections has started to lose connection to the network off and on.The other connections are fine. I have changed the cable and also plugged to another port on my router but this has not helped. Sometimes it will reconnect on its own and other times It will reconnect if I unplug and replug the connection from the router. Does this sound like an internet card going bad? Any other ideas?

Relevancy 66.65%

Hello I have recently bought a barbones kit from TigerDirect and got it all hooked up and running Worked great for days then before I went to work today as New Computer Screen Black I was logged into World Of Warcraft the screen went full orange then black Computer stayed on just black screen and no response from the keyboard and mouse So I decide ok its not going to come back on turn it off Turn it back on fans kick on everything sounds like its going to get back up and going but Screen just stays black nothing is going to it So I call up my buddy who knows a few things about computers and he says to go ahead and switch the ram around I switch it around to vaious spots doesn t work He says ok take the video card out and try another or use onboard video The motherboard I have has an onboard so I take out the video card and try the onboard same thing nothing on the screen By this time im running out of time before work so he New Computer Black Screen says to unplug the unplug the power and the atx plugs in the mobo and let it sit while im at work hours pass I come back home plug it all back in try again fail So I think ok well lets see if this ram really does work throw it into my second computer here and it loads up just fine So as I see it right now it is not the ram so we are down to it either being the CPU MOBO Video Card or Power supply I am in the process right now of taking the cmos out and from what I have read from my Mobo Manual I have it set to reset the cmos right now as well List of things since that is lengthy screen went orange then black while playing video game when I turn on computer everything turns on but nothing comes from the screen stays black light stays orange I have tested ram in second computer and it works I have an onboard video and pci-express video card I have unplugged power to try and reset mobo to then try and use onboard video still no good In the process of trying to reset bios with cmos battery out and what i think is the right jumpers for reset NO BEEEPS as of yet I hooked up the speaker to the speaker jumper not sure if that is what is going to beep but its on there I hear resetting the bios will now give me beeps for what is not working lets hope Its new Computer specs now remember I have had these parts together for like days Motherboard XFX GeForce Cpu AMD Athlon x GHZ Black Edition Video XFX GeForce GT Ultra Silent Cooling Video Card- MB DDR Power Ultra LS W Ram Crucial mb PC DDR HDD the only old stuff I have WD Raptor GB running vista and one game off this random GB seagate Baracuda that i havent even got antying goin on yet since haven t had computer long enough lol Philips DVD burner sata it is this barebones http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp Sku P - B I put one of the Thermaltake Ruby Orb CPU fans on it when TigerDirect shipped my items they didn t have anymore of the gig ram so I have only had the gig Im in the process of getting gigs shipped to me now blah blah blah new computer failing on me is lame please help out if you can So far I think im doing all the best things that I can do just gotta kind of wait on this Cmos stuff Thanks Dan nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

The computer powers on, the fans spin on but a couple of mins later the fans turn off.
The monitor screen is totally black..no post up happens.
There are not post up beeps to trouble shoot.

Now after all my trial and error work on the computer, after putting it back together and saving the
data, it started up. It continued to start up and work fine for 1 day. now it is back to having a
black screen again.

Any one have any sugggestions?I am beginning to think it is a motherboard short?

thank you for your help in advance

A:Computer screen black. How to fix?

Does it show the bios image?

https://malwaretips.com/threads/computer-screen-black-how-to-fix.45565/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hey guys I ve been having problems with my Dell Inspiron for a while now It s a great computer when it works- which it rarely does I m going to explain my problem --Basically when I start the computer it goes straight Screen Black Goes Computer To to black screen Windows does not start-up --I ve called the Dell people at least times over the last few years and they ve talked me through Computer Goes To Black Screen reinstalling the operating system which I do After the operating system is reinstalled the computer usually works for a few weeks then goes back to the black screen --I have a virus protector on the computer so Computer Goes To Black Screen I don t think i m just catching new virus with every reinstallation --I m really not sure what to do Do I Computer Goes To Black Screen need a new motherboard harddrive I don t know but it s odd because after I reinstall the operating system I do get a few weeks where it works properly then it breaks down again Any advice would be great thanks

A:Computer Goes To Black Screen

Sounds like the MBR is corrupthttp://www.microsoft.com/resources/documen...r.mspx?mfr=trueYou can create your own Recovery Console disk with this file:http://www.thecomputerparamedic.com/files/rc.isoYou must burn this file to a CD as an ISO. Post back if you need more information on how to do this.Insert the Recovery Console CD into the CD drive, and then restart the computer. Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD drive if you are prompted. When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you must access from the Recovery Console. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/235439/computer-goes-to-black-screen/
Relevancy 66.65%

how do I keep my screen from going black after only a few minutes if I don't move the mouse, windows 8.1 Dell inspiron 350, originally came with win7... TIA GaryD..

A:my computer screen keeps going black

What does the power settings show, for the time settings for blanking the display and powering off the display to sleep.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/54617-my-computer-screen-keeps-going-black.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi everyone I m not sure if I am posting this in the correct forum but I need your help I have an old meaning I got it in Gateway Essential It was working fine until Monday afternoon My mom was using it and the screen went black The monitor was still on and the power light on the tower was on but it wasn t doing anything When I restarted the computer it brings up an error with my GoBack feature saying that there could be a corrupt file in some software or a problem with the drive It says to go through scandisk which I do and it goes through and starts up fine Then if I try running the anti-virus log on to AOL to go on line it will work for a few minutes and then the same thing happens again I restart it again and go through the whole process I ve run the defragger uninstalled AOL and my Kodak Easyshare software and my Scanner Software and am still having issues I m not sure what to try next--I m not sure if its a software thing or a virus Any and all help would be appreciated Thank Black, computer is Screen Goes on you nbsp

A:Screen Goes Black, computer is on

You should post this problem in the Security thread of this forum so howard could look at it and see if you have a virus or not

Just copy and paste it into a new topic in the security thread

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-goes-black-computer-is-on.65152/
Relevancy 66.65%

hi, can anyone please help,

well my screen keeps going black, i restarted, then it stopped bt wanted to make sure the monitor is working fine, well, i installed skimcleaner, a few days ago or maybe earlier, computer hasnt speeded up, so i dono if thats the prob.

thanks.

A:computer screen keeps going black!

Hi 1234e, Welcome to the forums, Do a system restore prior to before you installed Skimcleaner System Restore If this does not solve the problem please post back

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/266227-computer-screen-keeps-going-black.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I will be surfing the web or playing a game when my computer just goes to a black screen like it is not communicating with my monitor anymore I have tried a diffrent video card diffrent monitor and screen. goes Computer a black to diffrent cord and still get the same problem It appears that it does not shut off as my hard drive is still spinning and one time when it was at the blackscreen I heard a sound of my router conenction being Computer goes to a black screen. dropped and re-established I am thinking it might be Computer goes to a black screen. the Computer goes to a black screen. ram as one time when I couldn't get it to boot back up after doing this I removed and re-seated the ram and it was fine I am not sure though as it is pretty new ram so I thought I'd run my log here first Any help will be much appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgrssvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system devldr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS Logi MwX Exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files Pure Networks Network Magic nmapp exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C PROGRA AWS WEATHE Weather exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint KEM exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltpspd exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgrssvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS runservice exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Pure Networks Network Magic nmsrvc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files Pure Networks Router Service pnroutsv exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor sdhelp exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgfwsrv exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNetwk exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie ch search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie ch search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet E... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/computer-goes-to-a-black-screen-172774.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I have an FIC K MNF- motherboard and I tried to install it into the computer I have been putting together black...I my help screen computer need is but something isn t working The first time I put everything together and turned it on a giant e came on the monitor I m guessing it s for emachines since the motherboard I am using is used in them a lot After the e came up there was nothing just black I pushed every button people have told me to push to bring up the BIOS screen but nothing Ever since that first time of turning it on not even the e screen will show up I can hear the computer booting up but I my computer screen is black...I need help see nothing on the monitor The monitor power button always flashes like its on standby and its my computer screen is black...I need help not getting anything from the computer Also there is a beeping noise that repeats and repeats when I turn the computer on I looked up the BIOS beep codes but it didn t have anything for the beeping that I hear The only thing I bought used is the motherboard I was wondering if there is any configurations I have to do for the motherboard to get it to work Any special installation CD to configure it to the cpu I just need to get this computer working since my laptop stopped working Any help would be greatfully appreciated nbsp

A:my computer screen is black...I need help

Try booting with just 1 stick of RAM in and see what happens.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-screen-is-black-i-need-help.633418/
Relevancy 66.65%

hi to all of you i really really need your help beacause i have a problem with my computer and this how it goes when i open my computer the windows Black Computer... Screen normally starts but after Black Screen Computer... the welcome note of the microsoft the icons and the desktop shortcuts are not appearing the only thing that you can Black Screen Computer... see is the wallpaper iteself i really don t know what s happening to my computer i don t know if its attacked by virus or it s corrupted another thing thing is there is no task bar menu the only thing that i can do is CTRL-ALT-DEL and the TASK MANAGER apear and via RUN i can t access the DRIVE C and D of my computer i don t know whats goin on here so please help me ONE THING when i scan my computer wit my KASPERSKY ANTI-VIRUS it detected this SH TROJAN-PSW Win OnLineGames pgs i really don t know what is this i l wait for your replies thank you so much

A:Black Screen Computer...

Your malware is a variant of this infection. Backdoor Trojans, IRCBots and Infostealers are very dangerous because they provide a means of accessing a computer system that bypasses security mechanisms and steal sensitive information like passwords, personal and financial data which they send back to the hacker. Remote attackers use backdoor Trojans as part of an exploit to to gain unauthorized access to a computer and take control of it without your knowledge. Read the Danger: Remote Access Trojans.If your computer was used for online banking, has credit card information or other sensitive data on it, you should immediately disconnect from the Internet until your system is cleaned. All passwords should be changed immediately to include those used for banking, email, eBay, paypal and online forums. You should consider them to be compromised. They should be changed by using a different computer and not the infected one. If not, an attacker may get the new passwords and transaction information. Banking and credit card institutions should be notified of the possible security breach.Although the backdoor Trojan has been identified and may be removed, your PC has likely been compromised and there is no way to be sure the computer can ever be trusted again. It is dangerous and incorrect to assume that because the backdoor Trojan has been removed the computer is now secure. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of malware, the best course of action is to reformat and reinstall the OS. Please read "When should I re-format?".Should you decide not to follow that advice, we will do our best to help clean the computer of any infections but we cannot guarantee it to be trustworthy or that the removal will be successful. If you wish to proceed, please do the following.Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune & save it to your desktop. DO NOT use yet. Please download Dr.Web CureIt & save it to your desktop. DO NOT perform a scan yet.If you can't use your computer to download these files, then download from another computer, safe to a usb stick and transfer to yours.Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.Click the Empty Selected button.If you use Firefox browser click Firefox at the top and choose: Select AllClick the Empty Selected button.
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.If you use Opera browser click Opera at the top and choose: Select AllClick the Empty Selected button.
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".Scan with Dr.Web CureIt as follows:Double-click on cureit.exe to start the program. (ignore any prompts to update or check for a new version)When the Dr.Web opens, an "Express Scan of your PC" notice will appear.Under "Start the Express Scan Now", Click "OK" to start. This is a short scan that will scan the files currently running in memory and when something is found, click the Yes button when it asks you if you want to cure it.Once the short scan has finished, Click Options > Change settingsChoose the "Scan tab" and UNcheck "Heuristic analysis"Back at the main window, click "Custom Scan", then Select drives (a red dot will show which drives have been chosen).Then click the "Start/Stop Scanning"... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/127408/black-screen-computer/
Relevancy 66.65%

The computer that I have had an operating system motherboard and restore CDs Black Screen Computer that were innerconnected and then I changed the motherboard and the restore CDs stopped working I then bought a new version of XP This Version was professional and the old version was home edition I got another old computer and tried to get age of empires to run with a lan with the first computer described I then concluded that microsoft wont allow different versions of windows to inner connect on a lan caming connection I then decided to put the old motherboard back in the computer so the restore CD's should work again and I then installed the other version of windows on the other old computer I deleted the hard-drive of the motherboard first computer and then reinstalled the installation CDs because it failed to boot the first time before the hard-drive deletion It is still failing to boot and I am trying to delete the hard-drive again incase I deleted the other one Because there Computer Black Screen was some swapping and some master slave slot determining that had been forgotten by me Now when I say it doesn't boot what I mean is it shows the screen that states my graphic card then scans for hard-drive then it says quot Found quot or whatever it says and then when it tries to load up window it freezes at a black screen I hope you find the problem before I pull my hair out

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-black-screen-460448.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hiya to all who read this. My mom's computer screen will suddenly turn black. You can't do anything to bring it back except manual shut down. My Q is....monitor or video card? I believe I have my old video card that came with my computer that I could swap out to check, and I could always take over my monitor to check that also. Would there be anything else that may cause such a thing? Any advise or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Yee

A:Black Computer Screen

Both good ideas.

Try swapping the monitor first, since you don't have to do as much work.

If you still have the problem, then swapping video cards would make sense.

Let us know, OK?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/94541/black-computer-screen/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi all I downloaded windows 10 almost a month ago and have been having issues. I finally got it to work then I could not connect to the Internet card.It said something like part of my retry was gone. So I did a system restore and for whatever reason it completely screwed up my computer and I have nothing but a black screen. I tried turning it off and tapping f4 to do a total recovery but it will noT let me to that page. Help!!!! I am texting u from my phone

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-has-a-black-screen-cannot-fix-it.1165943/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello,
First when I turn it on it shows the Windows XP startup and then the computer screen goes black, I tried going on safe mode but it didn't work. and I tried formatting the computer but, problem is that windows XP Disk wont even load. i can press bottons to go into boot menu but once it says "Press any botton to load from boot" Or what ever i cant it wont load >.< HELP Please!

Help?= D Please

A:Computer black screen?

what are you running
video card
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
wattage

check the listings in the bios for voltages and temperatures and post them

have you tried
last known good configuration

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-black-screen-392406.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello,
my computer comes up hp with the press f11 etc and starts to load, then before it gets to the log on screen it just goes black. ive tried f11 so i could try flattening it but it just wont work and goes back to the black screen. i cant afford a new computer and want to know what might help? its driving me crazy! it is also a vista run computer. any advice would help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-screen-goes-black.996379/
Relevancy 66.65%

After my computer is on for approx 15 min. the screen goes black. After I
reset/reboot it comes on and runs ok the rest of the day.
The next morning when I turn it on it's the same thing to do over.
I've run all my virus programs and can't find anything.
Note: the computer power indicator never goes out. I push the switch to reset, computer comes on and runs normally the rest of day.
Looks like I still have a virus/bug somewhere.
Any help would be appreciated. Windows XP Home

Sam

Relevancy 66.65%

This started happening recently, but Ill be on my computer sometimes playing games, sometimes just talking to people on AIM, and then out of nowhere the screen goes black. I click and hit the keyboard but nothing happens, the power is still on, but my screen is black and I'm forced to restart my computer. The only way that I have found that works is this: I unplug all the cords and take off the case, then I take a small vacume and just vacum the motherboard and video card, and then it will work for about 1 week. 1 week later I have to do the same thing.. its getting annoying. I have a Radeon 9600, XP, Pent 4, 1 gig of RAM. The computers about 1 year old.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-screen-just-goes-black.32289/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi everyone is computer Black, on Screen Goes I m not sure if I am posting this in the Screen Goes Black, computer is on correct forum but I need your help I have an old meaning I got it in Gateway Essential It was working fine until Monday afternoon My mom was using it and the screen went black The monitor was still on and the power light on the tower was on but it wasn t doing anything When I restarted the computer it brings up an error with my GoBack feature saying that there could be a corrupt file in some software or a problem with the drive It says to go through scandisk which I do and it goes through and starts up fine Then if I try running the anti-virus log on to AOL to go on line it will Screen Goes Black, computer is on work for a few minutes and then the same thing happens again I restart it again and go through the whole process I ve run the defragger uninstalled AOL and my Kodak Easyshare software and my Scanner Software and am still having issues I m not sure what to try next--I m not sure if its a software thing or a virus Any and all help would be appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Screen Goes Black, computer is on

You should post this problem in the Security thread of this forum so howard could look at it and see if you have a virus or not

Just copy and paste it into a new topic in the security thread

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-goes-black-computer-is-on.65152/
Relevancy 66.22%

I'm not sure if I am posting this in the right area but none of the others seemed likely either There are two issues A week ago both of my computers were running fine no problems at all I left for days to house sit and upon returning I can no longer maintain an internet connection when ripping or burning DVDs on my desktop Also it was previously taking about minutes to rip or burn a DVD and now it is taking over an hour for each one I am on a dial-up connection- my only other option is satellite and I can't afford it I use DVD Fab for ripping and Roxio for burning No one had access to my desktop computer while I was gone and it was not connected to the internet during that time As long as I am not doing anything resource intensive I have no problems maintaining a connection Could it be my DVD Computer internet loses connection drive is going out The second is with my laptop- I took it with me while I was house sitting and was using the high speed Computer loses internet connection internet at their house while I was there Upon returning home when I connect to the internet I get the following message within seconds Computer loses internet connection of connecting- quot Link to connection name lost quot and the connection is broken Any ideas on either of these issues

A:Computer loses internet connection

Supply the following information please.

OS running on all affected systems
Make\models of all equipment (routers, network cards, modems).
Wired or wireless?
What wireless encryption is in use?
Browsers being used (Firefox, IE, Safari, Opera,...)
What security software is installed?

Open up a command prompt (Start > run > cmd)
Type the following bolded commands and post the results for each affected machine.

ipconfig /all
ping www.google.com
ping 74.125.53.99

Note: To post results of commands, alternate click on the top of the command prompt > edit > select all >
alternate click on the top of the command prompt > edit > copy > paste in a message here. If you are on
a computer that can't connect to the internet then paste the contents in a text document and save it to a
portable media like a flash drive, then use an internet capable machine to post the contents.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-loses-internet-connection-382564.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Today I woke up and went Internet Computer Loses Connection to use the internet No bueno It didn t work Now what I found odd was that other devices connected to my router still worked xbox I fidgetted around with a few things and eventually connected my pc directly to my modem and am still getting the same problem No internet connection for my pc When I troubleshoot this is what I get quot Your computer appears to be correctly configured but the device or resource www microsoft com is not responding quot I tried multiple things and nothing worked Unplugging my modem and plugging it back in causes the internet to work for roughly - minutes and then it dies out again I ve googled around very frustrating because I need to reboot my modem every - minutes lol and have not found a fix I tried updating drivers for Computer Loses Internet Connection my network card Not fixed I tried changing my DNS servers and it didn t work I talked to my ISP comcast and explained the problem I was told well the modem is working correctly it s not our end so we cannot help you I ve been sitting in my computer chair for roughly hours now trying to figure out what is going on but cannot find anything Another thing to note after restarting the modem I get the error quot quot Local Area Connection quot does not have a valid ip configuration quot It fixes this problem and then the internet works for - minutes and I have to repeat the process nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

Dell Dimension Windows XP Home Outlook Express IE Firefox SP Latest Windows Updates Verizon DSL This problem is pretty annoying and Computer Loses Connection Internet has been going on for a long time I ll explain and give details as best I can I run frequent Spybot Ad-Aware NortonAV scans SpywareGuard Blaster on-board use CCleaner regularly Computer Loses Internet Connection Recently checked a HJT logfile with no problem found The computer will be running fine able to connect to the Internet either with Firefox or IE mostly using Firefox I have the PopPeeper email notifyer checking for new mail every minutes I leave the computer on except for times requiring reboot install a new program after Spybot CCleaner etc or in any case where prompted to do a restart Problem I ll be away from the computer for an hour or so and when I return I see that PopPeeper has failed to check mail yellow error message is shown for all accounts and Firefox pages have stopped refreshing If I check mail at this time using my OE it will also return errors not able to connect to servers The connection Icon double computer monitors in the System Tray Local Area Connection - Speed Mbps gt Properties shows quot Connect using CNET Pro WL PCI Fast Ethernet quot If I restart the Computer as I had to do a few minutes ago then everything returns to a normal state and all connections are ok The mail notifyer runs normally and the mail is automatically checked and the OE mailbox updated Anything I can do to fix this It s as if the connection goes quot stale quot and only a reboot will reconnect And to me this proposes a key question what happened that it takes a reboot to re-establish connection to mail servers and the internet Please ask me for any other information required Thanks for any help Telstar nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

I have been struggling with an intermittent problem for many months and it is getting worse I am running windows vista on a toshiba satellite laptop My screen will go dark not quite as black as when the computer is off when I am using it and although the computer is still working I cannot see the screen Then on startup I can occasionally see flashes of the startup logo which is enough to let me know it is loading My cursor quits working as well After I run spybot in safe mode and then Startup screen black, screen flickers to all black run it again at startup it works for some time This last time was days So I believe I have a nasty virus I run Norton all the time spybot rather frequently and Startup screen flickers to black, then all black screen malaware bytes about once a month I am able to Startup screen flickers to black, then all black screen get it in safe mode by hitting the down arrow once and hitting enter It is very frustrating I don t think it is the video card as it is repaired after spybot use Any suggestions nbsp

A:Startup screen flickers to black, then all black screen

That is weird situation I'd say. I am unsure what actually is the issue here, perhaps one way of finding what may be happening is having a look at your Event Viewer Logs. You can find Event Viewer, in Control Panel, Administrative Tools.

Also please follow these 8-steps, and post your logs at Malware and Virus Removal Forum for analysis. Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/startup-screen-flickers-to-black-then-all-black-screen.150656/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi there,

Am using a Dell Inspiron 6400 with XP. It'd been running ridiculously slowly recently so I started an AVG scan and AVG immediately threw up a file, which I then deleted, then I got a "fatal error" message flash up. Since then I havent been able to get to the log in screen, it merely goes to the black screen with cursor, and Safe Mode is just a black screen with Safe Mode in each corner. Ctrl Alt Del also doesnt work in Safe Mode for some reason, and I have no CD. Ho ho.

Anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks

Relevancy 66.22%

Dell vostro 220

My computer was lagging and wasn't connecting to the internet properly, and then it froze so I shut it down. When I started it back up, the BIOS loaded but then went to a blank black screen with a mouse. I can move the mouse around. It won't load any further. I've tried all the safe modes and it does the same thing. And I tried cleaning all the dust off the computer. I've tried waiting at that screen for longer than 3 hours. It just stays there.

It's possible that it's a virus but I don't know. How can I solve this problem? Because I can't get into the computer to do a system restore. Please help, thank you!

A:Computer problem - computer froze, when restarted, blank black screen w/ mouse

Try a start-up repair from the Vista install disk - Startup Repair: frequently asked questions

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-problem-computer-froze-when-restarted-blank-black-screen-w-mouse-546849.html
Relevancy 65.79%

event viewer says

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{C97FCC79-E628-407D-AE68-A06AD6D8B4D1}
 and APPID
{344ED43D-D086-4961-86A6-1106F4ACAD9B}
 to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

some more information:

i5 3570k 3.4ghz
evga gtx 770
750w psu (unknown brand)
asus p8z77v
16gb memory

windows 7

A:Computer black screen then restarting itself

You may need to perform a system restore back to a date when the PC was not having this issue. Use the F8 button when booting the computer and select the "Repair Your Computer" option. You can perform a system restore to an earlier time through that (Granted you have not turned off system restore).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/549216/computer-black-screen-then-restarting-itself/
Relevancy 65.79%

I m working on two different computers today The one here is my son s computer This is a windows XP with only MB RAM and GB space with only GB space left to it That is probably the whole problem--we need more RAM and more storage Screen Black Getting Computer, Slow Right now we don t have a whole lot of money to spend on computers so I m wondering if I should do a whole reformat if that is the correct term for wiping everything out and reinstalling everything from the cd that came with the computer Here is what I have done Ran PC Doctor--everything is fine Updated and ran Avast antivirus Adaware Spybot ccleaner Did the msconfig startup item list turning off a bunch of stuff Ran Disc defrag checkdisk compressed old files uninstalled many unused programs and am starting to Slow Computer, Getting Black Screen load some other stuff on a pen drive and cds There was one virus in the av scan a win CTX which was in a system restore file That was quarantined We have owned this computer from the start it was at one time the whole Slow Computer, Getting Black Screen family s computer so various levels of games and school programs we homeschool have been loaded and eventually removed via add remove programs Eventually it became a shared computer for my sons school and games and then only one son s computer for school and games I thought I read somewhere that despite being removed lots of programs still have left quot bits and pieces quot on the puter and that eventually I would have to do a quot wipe Slow Computer, Getting Black Screen the whole thing clean and reinstall everything quot My paraphrase and limited understanding Supposedly the computer would run as it did when we first got it--which would be WAYYYYY faster than it does now--it takes about - minutes to boot up completely and opening any new program sometimes takes awhile--even waiting for a browser window takes awhile My son has reported that is has gone to a black screen in the middle of playing games several times now and the only way to shut down is via the power button control-alt-delete doesn t work It glitches a bit in his school program also but we have been able to make that work believe me I am saving all his work every couple days on a pen drive so we don t lose his finished schoolwork I don t know what else to do at this point-- I don t know enough to even attempt anything in cleaning up the registry if that would be something I should do We are all connected to the internet via the same router so I realize i can save his stuff on my computer--if I set up the networking--which I don t know how to do yet So do ya have any suggestions for me Is reformatting the only choice And if I do that how do I save and reuse some programs--for example we bought the school version for microsfot works where we got licenses for installing it and I think we have used all installations--I don t want to pay for another installation when minutes before I did a reformat I have a perfectly working program or am i misundersatnding the liceanse I still have the license key Thanks

A:Slow Computer, Getting Black Screen

Doing what you describe here is called a "clean install", and while there may be other solutions to your problem, a clean install may be the easiest. Simply back up all the important files to a CD-R/RW or a USB flash drive (don't back up any programs though, they won't work) and then put the Windows CD into the drive and reboot. Follow the onscreen directions to reinstall the operating system, make sure you have the Windows licence key BEFORE you do this though, or the install won't work.

About the licence thing, a licence means that you have the permission to put the program on ONE computer at any ONE time per licence. Uninstall the program on the computer, and you get your licence back.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/111380/slow-computer-getting-black-screen/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi Everyone! I have a Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 4GB graphics card, I have been using my card just fine since I have gotten it, but today my computer restarted to update, since the update my graphics card has been showing the delay for a second or two then it just stops, the monitor does not say no signal, it still shows as it is connected, the computer is still fully responsive, infact I am typing this post with it, through teamviewer on my kindle, there is no onboard graphics on this computer, what should i do? I cant roll back the update because apparently system restore points are disabled on windows 10 automaticly

A:Black Screen, but computer is still responsive

Was it a Windows update? or a GPU update?

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/black-screen-but-computer-still-responsive-276331/
Relevancy 65.79%

Everytime I turn my computer on it will start goes through the first couple of screens and then right before it gets to the screen where you type your password to log onto your computer its a blank black screen. I realized after doing this many times that if I leave it on this black screen after a good 10 to 15 min it goes onto the logon screen and I type in my password and it logs into the computer. Takes a while to start up so I try to run a virus scan and then it will restart the computer and nothing happens. Also I am able to log onto safe mode just fine but if I have to many things going on it freezes and I have to restart the computer and I am then back to square one.

PLEASE HELP new Dell Inspiron 1420 computer only had for 6 months and I don't want to lose any data!

Relevancy 65.79%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Pro bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MSI H MA-G MS- Antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Updated and Enabled I built this computer last year around months ago Everything worked fine except for a psu issue that has been mended by replacing it I started having this problem while I Computer goes Screen black randomly was playing a game and it continues even while I wasn t gaming I updated all my drivers and did a virus scan and nothing came up I checked my notifications and I have a bunch of video errors I m gonna Computer Screen goes black randomly attempt to take out my graphics card to see if that ll fix it It was perfectly fine up until now I m gonna add my files from the event log Please Help and Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-screen-goes-black-randomly.1107547/
Relevancy 65.79%

A friend asked me to look at her Toshiba Satellite L455 Laptop. Apparently her dog chewed the power cord while her daughter was playing on it. The computer shut down. I replaced the motherboard thinking that was it and that didnt help. I replaced the screen inverter and the backlight and neither of them worked. The computer does turn on but the screen is black.. What could be the problem? If I replace the screen would that work?

A:Computer turns on but screen is black

hi,.is the screen totally black or is a flashing curser showing, will it boot into safe mode?. how many sticks of ram is installed, remove one then try startup, try different sticks in different slots.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-turns-on-but-screen-is-black.1120034/
Relevancy 65.79%

Yesterday my other compuer was running smoothly suddenly the computer restarts by itself and what happened next is that the monitor was black screen and my hard drive LED light is lit on solid along with several irregular beeping sound So i shut it down and turn it back on after a few minutes and the problem is still the same it just wont boot normally as you would one other thing that i forgot to mention is that normally two types of LED lights showing the hdd light and the power light but my hdd LED light is showing and my power LED light isn black won`t Computer screen. has boot a and t showing that its indicating Computer won`t boot and has a black screen. on Today i try turn the computer but its the same so i took the VGA card out and clean the fan all fans are working fine when powering on and also took one of my ram stick out as well as try both hard drives individually so to see which hard drive is dead So i would like to know what happens if your hard drive dies that would cause this sort of problem that im experiencing or that it might be the VGA card problem Any help would be very very appreciated Thx in advance nbsp

A:Computer won`t boot and has a black screen.

Uh...what are your specs (including power supply)? Do you overclock and have you changed anything recently? Are the temperatures okay?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-won-t-boot-and-has-a-black-screen.54765/
Relevancy 65.79%

My computer works fine. I can browse the internet, play games, literally do anything without problems. I can shut down my computer and start my computer without any problems. But when i choose to restart my computer it restarts but it doesn't boot up, just shows me a black screen. And my monitor gives me "no signal", so i have to press down the power button and start my computer again to use it again. Like everything works fine but restarting the computer doesn't work.
Specs: i7 4790k, nvida gtx 760 3gb, motherboard intel h81, 8gb ram, sandisk ssd 128gb, toshiba 1tb, psu 500 watt.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/black-screen-when-restarting-computer-4606012/
Relevancy 65.79%

hello
I have a pc computer with vispa ultimate 32 sp1
yesterday when i restart my computer after taring making home network between 2 computer in my house (the other computer was XP) i got black screen but i could see the mouse icon and the dush bur (withe the clock and other gadgets)
Icant push the start batten and there is strange line(not like the black screen-it was grey line)
i started in safe mode and i made my last recover point -it worked but the problem didn't disappear when i restart my computer again
i scan for virus but there wasn't

Iam sorry on my poor english
thanks

yair

A:black screen when restarting the computer

hi and welcome since you can start in safe mode you can try running sfc/ scnw http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/66978-system-files-sfc-command.html you can also try chkdsk http://searchenterprisedesktop.techtarget.com/generic/0,295582,sid192_gci1276029,00.html# and if needed a start up repair http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/91467-startup-repair.html i hope this is useful

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-when-restarting-the-computer.814698/
Relevancy 65.79%

my computer will start up but will just go to a black screen and wont show the desktop. Now it still is black but this "Enter a product Key" pops up saying "Your prouduct key should be in an email from whoever sold or distributed Windows to you, or on the box the windows USB came in" . And I cant click anywhere on the screen the mouse keeps saying it loading. Help please?!?!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/computer-screen-is-black-but-will-start-up/td-p/5631137
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi guys,
I am having a massive problem with my desktop. When I turn it on, it just sits there with a black screen. The HDD access light blinks for a few secs, then stops. It's custom built by a computer store, with a Gigabyte GA-P35-S3 mobo, Intel Core 2 Duo (unsure of exact model) overclocked to 3.06GHz, Galaxy nVidia GT240 1GB graphics card, Western Digital 500GB hard drive and an ASUS MW220 22" monitor. I can't boot it to a Linux LiveCD either, cause I don't even see the BIOS startup. Does anyone have any idea what is wrong with it?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A:Computer not booting, just black screen.

It's most likely the videocard.

I had this same problem a while ago and it turned out my videocard was not correctly installed.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/281554-computer-not-booting-just-black-screen.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi I hoping that somebody can help me with the problem i have It all started Black only booting Screen Computer to yesterday when i turned my Computer only booting to Black Screen computer on and signed in to my normal account This then sent me to a tempory account desktop I did some research on this and apparntly Computer only booting to Black Screen my user profile had become Computer only booting to Black Screen corrupt I ran SFC Scannow in the command window as adminstrator the results told me files were corrupt and could not be fixed I tried this again - times as i had read that this may take a few times to fix This didnt work I then tried to create a new account which i did and copy the contents of the brokwen user profile to the new user profile this is when i found the Desktop folder would not move because it was corrupt I have items that i had saved to my desktop which i really need and wouldnt mind formatting the drive if need be but i need to get the files but the desktop was corrupt so couldnt get in the folder I looked to try and restore to a previouse day incase it was an update that made this happen but i have no restore points which i thought was odd as this should create them after each update At this point this tempory account would not search and did not have inter internet connections of apps it was just very basic I then ran the line in the command window to look online to get uptodate fixes cant remeber excatly what it was something like online restorehealth This completed and i then ran sfc scannow again which again said files are corrupt unable to fix I restarted my machine to see if this would help It then came up with the logo and said scanning and repairing C i left this to do its thing it then restarted the windows logo appeared as expected and then it went to a black screen with my mouse cursor movable on the screen I am unable to login and i have nothing on the screen just a cursor I tried to boot in safe mode by pressing F but i have a UEFI mothere board to this doesnt work it just asks me to select my bootable drive I really stuck on what to do I had items that i had saved to my desktop which i really need and wouldnt mind formatting the drive if need be but i need to get the files but the desktop was corrupt so couldnt get in the folder If anybody needs more info to help me please ask and i will post this Hope to here from you all soon Many Thanks in Advance

A:Computer only booting to Black Screen

I can't help with the black screen.
Maybe someone here can.

I can offer advice you can use in the future to fix a situation like this.

I use Macrium Reflect - {Standard version} to make images of my OS.

If something goes wrong that I can't fix, I'll insert my USB image & restore my computer to the date of when the image was made.
All fixed.

I keep updating the images.
Especially after installing Windows Updates.

A link---

Macrium Reflect FREE Edition - Information and download

Having a backup image to restore to is nice.

Format a usb drive as NTFS & not Fat 32 so you get 1 big image file instead of a bunch of 4 GB files.

Good luck in the future.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/61459-computer-only-booting-black-screen.html
Relevancy 65.79%

E-Machine about 4 yrs old. Shows E-Machine logo and BIOS settings <F2> and boot menu <F10>. Goes to black screen immediately. Do I have a virus or has the piece of crap given up?

A:black screen. computer will not boot up.

Black Screen (fixmbr) - http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;314503

Black screen on boot (no cursor) - Microsoft Answers - http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-hardware/black-screen-on-boot-no-cursor/892d155a-aadb-4e54-8e59-edf98b0ed020

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/413840/black-screen-computer-will-not-boot-up/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have an A7v400 MX I was surfing on and it started to shutdown automatically. I changed the power supply and it does not shutdown anymore but when I try to boot the computer up it passes the boot up screen and will not load Windows XP. I cannot go to the bios setup either. I will have the option to load windows in safe mode or safe mode with networking or load windows at its last working settings;However, it will just stay black and then my monitor will automatically go into sleep mode. Any information to help resolve is greatly appreciated.
PC Info:
Asus A7V400-MX
1gb pc3200 ram
diamondmax plus 9 80gb
antec 250 power supply

A:Computer Boots To A Black Screen

Was curios if anyone could comment on the BIOS settings causing the above issue? I tried numerous times to access the menu and the screen will stay black just the same as when the computer runs post. I do not have the CD for it so I will try to search on line.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-boots-to-a-black-screen.892111/
Relevancy 65.79%

hey guys,

I was attempting to clean my computer screen today by wiping it off with a tissue paper but I accidently wiped over a bunch of buttons on my screen, and I have no idea what the function of those is lol.
My PC screen went black, and I don't know to get things back to normal. I still hear the computers noise so I know it's on. I already tried to turn off the PC and unplug it, but that didn't fix the problem. When I start it up again the screen remains black.

I've also managed to lose the manual. Any idea's? here's a pic FYI

A:My computer suddenly has a black screen?

alright so apparently one of the buttons turns the screen on/off but once I press it nothing happens. fml

its a lenovo A730 one btw

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-suddenly-has-a-black-screen.1139669/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hey just put together a new computer and I'm having trouble booting it up All the lights on the MoBo and the fans are running the fan on my GPU seems like its screen max + Computer, speed New Fan black GPU at going at max speed When I try to start up the computer starts then turns off for about seconds then starts up again and stays on until i turn it off Theres only short New Computer, black screen + GPU Fan at max speed beep when I start it up I am using a HDMI cable from my monitor to my graphics card and it just says quot no signal quot Heres the new system i've put together ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Socket- E-ATX Z DDR xPCIe x CFX amp SLI NF SATA Gb s USB EFI Corsair SSD Force Series GB SATA Gb s SATA MB MB s New Computer, black screen + GPU Fan at max speed read write SandForce SF- Corsair TX V W PSU ATX V V Plus Bronze Standard x -pin PCIe x SATA mm fan Corsair Vengeance DDR MHz GB CL Kit w x GB XMS modules CL - - - V Vengeance Heatspreader pin Intel Core i - K Processor Socket-LGA Quad Core Ghz MB W Boxed w fan XFX Radeon HD GB GDDR PCI-Express xDVI HDMI xmini-DisplayPort MHz All help is appreciated

A:New Computer, black screen + GPU Fan at max speed

First of all search for beep codes for your MB, # of beeps will tell you what fails during bootup. I build quiet few desktops myself and usually in case like yours is good to recheck all the connections, especially seating of the video card, more than once the card seemed to be in but not really. Also all the power supply cables, RAM and pretty much redo whole assembly from scratch. Also it's often helpful to boot computer with minimum components: for example disconnect hard drive and it should still get you into BIOS and to "can't find boot drive" message, but the beep and no video at all would indicate it stops at the very beginning of sequence and that's where beep codes are helpful. Could be one of the components is not compatible or outright broken also.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/195955-new-computer-black-screen-gpu-fan-max-speed.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I have an Asus Eee PC that I got last year for my birthday It has Windows as the operating system When I turn to computer on it seems to be working normal When it comes time to log into a user profile and I click on the administrator profile which is the one I use and type in the password Screen Black Stays Computer The computer logs onto the profile but the screen stays completely black I can still hear the computer running but the screen doesn t change This has happened before but the toolbar was always Computer Screen Stays Black visible at the bottom of the screen and now Computer Screen Stays Black it s not The only thing I can do with the screen black is type in Ctrl Alt and Delete to get the menu Nothing on the menu seems to be helping with the issue I decided that I better see if the same thing was happening with my guest profile too When I logged into my guest profile everything is working fine and that s what I m on right now However the administrator profile has all my documents that I need for school and work so factory resetting or the possibly of wiping the computer isn t really an option Thank you for your time nbsp

A:Computer Screen Stays Black

Is explorer.exe running when you look at the processes?
If it is, end the process.
Next press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to bring up Task Manager, and then go to File \ New Task (Run) and type in explorer into the run box.
Does your desktop appear?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-screen-stays-black.1142846/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi

Im having problems with my computer which is most likely affected by virus...
I now cannot boot my computer on it goes to login screen and when i try to click on user computer starts to freeze or it just gives black screen when i boot n freezess...
I tried to boot to safe mode but still no luck it doesnt work. somehow the safemode option does not appear..

Therefore i cant post hjackthis log yet ;\

Kind of dont know what to do now ? is there anything i could do to avoid reinstalling window ?

btw this is not same computer as my previous history.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-gives-black-screen-and-freezes.925869/
Relevancy 65.79%

hi guys im hoping you can help me with my pc problems. I'm having random crashes during general usage on my pc. Attached you will(hopefully) find bsod logs. I have run memtest already and it came back ok. I have also updated to latest nvidia drivers and it still happens.

This is a nearly fresh install of windows 7 and i have loaded minimal software onto it since install a week or so ago.

if you need anything else to help then please let me know

A:screen goes black and then computer reboots

right, ok sorry id dint read the sticky. i'll be back shortly with the correct info needed

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/230282-screen-goes-black-then-computer-reboots.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Sometimes when i just start up my Sometimes Hang Screen Black And Computer computer and open up any of my internet browsers after using for less Computer Sometimes Hang And Black Screen than minutes or sometimes longer it start to hang sometimes my mouse cursor still can move but i cant click on anything nor can i press for task Computer Sometimes Hang And Black Screen manager or anything and it went into some kind of turned off mode but my mouse and cpu still have lights when i press the off button in the cpu and on again it release not the usual start up sound i have to sometimes keep pressing on and off button on the cpu and finally able to start up properly sometimes it will be so bad that when it is able to start up till desktop it black out again or hang there forever till i Computer Sometimes Hang And Black Screen have to on and off again i not sure what is happening and i would like to know what kind of problem Im using Windows home premium service pack Acer Predator G Processor Intel R Core TM i - GHz Installed memory RAM GB System type bit nbsp

A:Computer Sometimes Hang And Black Screen

It sounds a bit as though it is overheating. Are all the fans working?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-sometimes-hang-and-black-screen.1102445/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello guys I have a HOPE! Computer - of Black Screen NO problem It s been a few days since I ve been able to Computer - Black Screen of NO HOPE! load up my computer It all started with a noisy processor fan After continously opening the case to blow out dust from the fan blades which seem to work for about - minutes the noisy Computer - Black Screen of NO HOPE! fan continued I guess at this point is when I had a horrible situation turn into tragedy I commenced to disassemble the CPU Heatsink fan component from the MB to see if I could get a quot closer quot look at the problem It didn t seem like there was a visual problem to the unit so I quot attempted quot to put it back onto the MB Note I ve never officially hooked a CPU w Heatsink and fan assembly attached to the MB before I had always hooked up a quot fresh quot CPU onto the MB before applying the Heatsink Fan assembly after To me I can fit the pins into the grooves better without the Heatsink Fan attached This is where my frustrations mounted I ended up bending a few pins from trying to attach the CPU back onto the motherboard I tried fixing the pins after browsing the internet for ways to fix them I used the folded paper technique which was working for awhile but for whatever reason one of the pins snapped from its place and that was it for me I put the CPU aside and ordered a new one The new one was delivered to me today So I put the new CPU on the MB and it was hooked up right btw and booted up the system and BAM All the fans kicked on including the CPU fan and the blue LED power swich light came on but nothing on the Monitor I am not sure what the deal is I don t want to believe that it is a problem with the new CPU It has to be something else I tried clearing the CMOS both ways - removing the battery and letting it sit for - minutes and moving the cap thingy over to the unused pin next to the battery can t think of it s place name I tried doing the Memory move techniqe - removing all RAM and booting up the system which still resulted in NO BEEP I tried taking all the PCI parts off the MB and booted it up - didn t seem to do anyhing I disengaged the VC from the MB - didn t seem to do anything I did everything techs were saying in all the other tech forums to people in similar situations and to no avail Obviously Im no computer wizard but I have this bad feeling that this may be a MB problem Please tell me that this isn t another bad CPU problem My only concern I guess as far as it being the new CPU is maybe I messed up the connector on the MB Can SOMEONE please help me out I am giving this thread a few days before I come up with the money for a new Motherboard Thanks for anyone that can help me out with this problem --DA-- nbsp

A:Computer - Black Screen of NO HOPE!

Please re-write this with paragraph breaks so ordinary mortals can read it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-black-screen-of-no-hope.876242/
Relevancy 65.79%

I got PCs both are exactly the same in spect and make just over a year old one of them was making a westling noise i opened it and took the fan of the processor off to check the model and get a new fan because it was my off computer show it just screen if is black a as the cause of the noise i took the processor out with the fan and then placed the processor and the fan back on the mother board ofcourse made sure that the pins of the processor properly sets in and doesnt bend when i started the computer i get a black screen i dont get nothing on the screen no message no grey window nothing just as if the monitor is off but yet the hard drive spins and everything i cant get to the bios it does not show anything i thought it is the graphic card i opened the other pc which as i said is identical and placed the graphic card of that pc and still the same problem i then tested the graphic card of the first machine in the second one it is perfictly working so i know it is not the graphic card i then though it may be the processor and i carefully took out the processor of the second pc and placed it in the first one still the same problem i then put back the processor in the second machine and realised that it is not working too now both of my machines are not working they both show a black my computer just show a black screen as if it is off screen as if it is off and show nothing but the hard drive is spinning can someone help me plz nbsp

A:my computer just show a black screen as if it is off

well meanwhile i should deserve the black-screen-baztard or at least bluescreen-hero 3d game crashing title.

just by curiosity.. what happens if you try to boot your computer without a keyboard? XD this helped for me last night.. my keyboard is apparently broken and that made me see only a black screen although everything is running fine..

will have to tell a mate to organize/buy a keyboard for me.. as i work till 10 o clock today :F

if it doesnt help.. try disconnecting all the possible hardware devices which are not essentially needed for getting into the bios screen.

already tried to reset your bios by taking out the mobo-battery for about 30 seconds? (with no power plugged into the computer, naturally.)

please try to write in paragraphs as it is very unappetizing to read 10 lines of plain text.

looking forward to hear from you and seeing what we could do.

oz.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-just-show-a-black-screen-as-if-it-is-off.38950/
Relevancy 65.79%

Our Boot Screen Computer Won't Black - computer was working fine We were having trouble with the wireless mice on another computer so we tried some troubleshooting with the laptop We unplugged one mouse that was working fine and plugged in a different mouse It worked fine the drivers for it had already been installed When we plugged the original mouse back in it would not work even after trying the quot connect quot buttons So we restarted the computer using the Windows menu and quot restart quot On restart we got a black screen I read the quot Boot Up quot trouble shooting on this forum but I am unable to do any of the following because we cannot get past either a black screen or mup sys or I don t know how to get around my problems to try all of these Black Screen Hang before splash screen shows - Disk Diagnostic- CHKDSK F R try to boot - fixmbr try to boot - fixboot try to boot - Safe Mode try to boot Here is what I have done Regular Startup Black ScreenRecovery Console Hangs Computer Won't Boot - Black Screen up at quot Please Wait quot Safe Mode with or without netwoking hangs up at mup sysLast Known Good Config Black ScreenI inserted our Toshiba Recovery disk and hit the F Boot Menu on restart and selected the CD DVD driveGot a message quot Loading RAMDISK image quot and once it was complete it got hung up at quot Please Wait quot Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Computer Won't Boot - Black Screen

Hard Drive Diagnostic Tools:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/28744/hard-drive-installation-and-diagnostic-tools/Recovery Console:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/276527/how-to-create-a-bootable-xp-recovery-console-cd/Recovery Console is where you can use the chkdsk /r, FixBoot, and other commands... You must be able to burn an ISO Image to do this...Not the same as burning a CD...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/285878/computer-wont-boot-black-screen/
Relevancy 65.79%

Before you read this I am not very good with tech so My computer is a HP PC with Windows If someone could tell me how to get more information by typing something on the computer that would be great I have avast I have GB Ram Nividia Graphics Card yet again if someone could tell me how to get more info and my computer has some problems When I turn my PC on it takes around minutes of the mouse in the middle Computer Black Off & Turning Screen of a black screen for it to get to the screen where you log in After that the computer is okay Recently however it has started to make a really loud noise and is getting very very hot It burns if I put my skin on it When I play games like LoL Dota and Arma my screen sometimes goes Computer Turning Off & Black Screen black and the only way to fix it is by turning my PC on and off and when it takes minutes to get back to the point where I can open the game this is very detrimental to my gameplay To be more specific the screen has a little cut out where I can see a black screen with lines in it for a split second then the screen goes black I can still hear and talk to my friends in Teamspeak but then sometimes after about seconds the sound cuts out and gets stuck on the sound last heard before it cut out Black Screen My computer randomly turns off alot and when it does I am usually playing games Now when I turn it back on it loads up the HP screen then it goes to a black screen with a mouse in the middle of it for what I timed as around MINUTES You might not think this is alot but when you disconnect from a game of Computer Turning Off & Black Screen LoL or Dota and it takes to get back in you get disadvantaged by a huge amount and you also get reported by your team etc etc I was wondering is there anything I Computer Turning Off & Black Screen can do to speed this up Because it is absolutely infuriating staring at the screen while I think about what is happening in the game and how disadvantaged I must be getting Thank you for reading and ANY HELP is appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

I have a Toshiba laptop and when I press the power button, lights on my laptob work, I hear no fans tho and there is a blackscreen. After 5 seconds it turns off. I tried turning it on multiple times but I get the same result.

A:My computer shows a black screen??

It could be a lot of things but im thinking maybe a power supply problem or a motherboard failure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-shows-a-black-screen.1110415/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi there
I have a dell dimension 8300 loaded with windows 7.
I got it from a friend, but it was very dirty inside and I cleaned with a wet cloth...
Every 15 minutes I have to disconnect the computer from the power supply..Not a good idea but the only one that can restart the computer.

I used check errors,disk defragmenter , disk clean up to see if that would improve the situation.. Nothing jhappens..

Any suggestion?

A:My computer get frozen, black screen

Next time, buy those cans of pressurized air. You can get them in computer store and electronics stores. Water and electronics don't mix.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-get-frozen-black-screen.955396/
Relevancy 65.79%

HiIm having problems with my computer which is most likely affected by virus...I now cannot boot my computer on it goes to login screen and when i try to click on user computer starts to freeze or it just gives black screen when i boot n freezess...I tried to boot to safe mode but still no luck it doesnt work. somehow the safemode option does not appear..Therefore i cant post hjackthis log yet ;\Kind of dont know what to do now ? is there anything i could do to avoid reinstalling window ?even tried reinstalling but doesnt seem to load cuz it also freezes n give black screen

A:Computer gives black screen and freezes

Hello there,Please try to follow the steps below. I will move this topic to the appropriate forum.Please download OTLPE (filesize 120,9 MB)When downloaded double click on OTLPENet.exe and make sure there is a blank CD in your CD drive. This will automatically create a bootable CD.Reboot your system using the boot CD you just created.Note : If you do not know how to set your computer to boot from CD follow the steps hereYour system should now display a REATOGO-X-PE desktop.Depending on your type of internet connection, you should be able to get online as well so you can access this topic more easily.Double-click on the OTLPE icon.Ensure the box "Automatically Load All Remaining Users" is checked and press OKOTL should now start.Press Run Scan to start the scan.When finished, the file will be saved in drive C:\OTL.txtCopy this file to your USB drive if you do not have internet connection on this systemPlease post the contents of the OTL.txt file in your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/320907/computer-gives-black-screen-and-freezes/
Relevancy 65.79%

My desktop does not want to start up anymore There is no BIOS beep or start up beep when I turn on my desktop The will Black not up. computer Screen, start computer itself turns on but the screen gets no signal I tried to restart the desktop a couple of times but its still doing the same Black Screen, computer will not start up. thing I also tried to do warm restarts but nothing has helped so far weeks ago it also happened and I pretty much just unplugged the CMOS battery as Black Screen, computer will not start up. well as the cable the psu and the video card I cleaned everything out to make sure Black Screen, computer will not start up. there was not dust messing anything up It worked again up until now I have not added or changed anything to the desktop for the last years and it just suddenly started acting up Any clue what it could be Here are some of my specs P GHZ MB FSB LGA PDP MB DDR PC NVIDIA GEFORCE GT MB PCIE ENERMAX EG P-VE P ATX WATT POWER SUPPLY ABIT AA XE XE MB nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

Help me please!

Well, I push the power button on the modem and it's fine... right after the screen does the Windows XP with the loading bar at the bottom screen it turns black and I even left it on for like 10 minutes and it still wont work. I also tried to start windows in SAFE MODE and LAST GOOD CONFIGURATION plus many others, but it wont work. I still have valuable information in the computer so, I want to try to keep "reboot" out of the answers...

Please help me!

A:Computer Freezes at Black Screen

Have you recently downloaded the "Service Pack 3" from Microsoft?

It would have showed-up as a little reminder in your task bar stating that "updates are ready to be installed" every time you turn your machine on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-at-black-screen.754116/
Relevancy 65.79%

This is the issue I'm having I start up my computer and after about - min it either blue screens black screens Its not a virus I've re-formatted a few times after a crash and still the same issue I've asked computer shops and quot gurus quot about the issue and no one can give me a answer On another note A few months ago About the person who I bought my computer from installed the graphics card wrong and the card would slip out of place I moved my card to the secondary slot and the origional slot had been fried After I resolved this issue the computer would run fine But recently It started doing same ol same ol my Nvidia control panel screen blue/black Computer has a quot Data Execution quot Error every time I try to open it Here is the crash issue Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode a BCP BCP BCP BCP CC DC OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp C Users Caul Computer blue/black screen AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml C Users Caul AppData Local Temp WER B tmp version txt Access is denied when I try to open them Any info would be great thx

A:Computer blue/black screen

Hi and welcome to TSF please do not post your email address it is a invitation to get spammed I have removed it for your own security,Now can you please follow the instructions here http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html and upload the files so that a analyst can check the dumps and look for the cause

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-blue-black-screen-663316.html
Relevancy 65.79%

This problem only started a few days ago My computer started up to a black screen and after a few seconds my monitor went to sleep No cursor nothing I had do a hard reboot to get it to work properly Yesterday it happened twice I hit Google to see what I could find but nothing worked Here's what I Sometimes A Black Up Computer Screen with Starts found Some threads suggested it could be a problem with the video card or some other driver My video card driver is up to date my most recent driver installation was my printer however that was done over a week ago and the black screen problem didn't occur then Startup programs I checked to see if it might Computer Sometimes Starts Up with A Black Screen be something attempting to load but it was just the update service for my printer and the digital imaging software Computer Sometimes Starts Up with A Black Screen for my printer both disabled as of right now It was neither of these as the problem occurred again I ran malware bytes and it came back clean no malware detected Running Norton to see if it could find anything but I highly doubt it The black screen only happens some of the time When I make it to the login screen my machine runs normally nothing strange occurs I can use my machine as if there isn't a problem My monitor is fairly new closer to a year old I ran chkdsk f and it was completed no errors or interruptions I really don't want to replace my hard drive I have a back up solution in place so I'm not worried about my files My real problem is if I have to re-install windows I need a new CD key for Windows I used up my installations and using Microsoft's site leads you to download Windows Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated

A:Computer Sometimes Starts Up with A Black Screen

Hello and welcome Annabelle looks like a similar problem I had a while ago with my Sandy Bridge build - tried all the usual stuff like you have and in the end it was solved by just reseating the GPU card.

Try that first along with most of the major cables power and board connectors and have a good general clean out inside the case.
Edit: Don't forget the static electricity rules - ground yourself on the case while it is plugged in before diving inside the case and then unplug the thing before you dos so.

The chkdsk (you could try the /r switch with that) I see you have run but try this as well if you haven't already

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Disk Check < if necessary include the /f and /r in the command line as per Option2
Run these in safe mode and the sfc often best run for two to three runs

then these if necessary
SUPERAntiSpyware | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware!
Malwarebytes | Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium
AdwCleaner Download
ADW download from bleeping computer delete any rubbish found with the malware scans
(NB If you are running Kaspersky as the main AV then it might need disabling it when trying ADW because it does not like it at times)

The Norton I am not a fan off so I'd leave that and as for the 7 key it really is worth a phone call to Microsoft and explain your predicament and as a general rule they are normally happy to let you use the key again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/398480-computer-sometimes-starts-up-black-screen.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello,I turned off my computer and when I turned it back on the computer is working (I can hear it) but, the screen is black. The cap lock key is flashing. How can I fix this without clearing the memory on the computer? I got it only 10 months ago.

A:Black screen, computer still running

Hi, The fact that the caps lock led is blinking may indicate that this is a hardware issue, but you could try the following. Shutdown the notebook. Unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery ( assuming your Model has a removable battery ).  Hold  down the Power button for 30 seconds.  Plug in the AC Adapter ( leave the battery out for the moment ) and see if the notebook will start correctly. If it doesn't and as you mention your notebook is only 10 months old, it should still under warranty, so contact HP and arrange for it to be repaired - If needed, you can check your warranty status Here. If you live in the US, contact HP Here. If you are in another part of the world, start Here. Regards, DP-K 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Black-screen-computer-still-running/td-p/5690186
Relevancy 65.79%

basically when i am playing games or watching movies my computer screen will suddenly go black but the computer seems to still be running, i have to restart my computer every time this happens before the screen will come back. this doesn't happen every time but quite often its getting really annoying any ideas. i think it might be my graphics card but i don't know.

A:Computer screen keeps going black suddenly

We meet again !

Please put your System Specs in your Profile

If you have a proprietory computer like Dell; HP; Acer etc, please manually write this in the mobo field (ie Dell Dimension 3100 - as an example)

Mind you, this is most likely an LCD monitor fault. If you have another Display (from another computer that you could swap yours with - as a test) that would be ideal.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-screen-keeps-going-black-suddenly.99796/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello. New here and have a question. When I boot up my computer, it spins the hard drive and boots Windows. Sometimes, it goes click-click and the HD access light stays on. When it is loading, or when I am trying to do something, it goes black. Someone please help!

Relevancy 65.79%

When trying to start up my computer it starts up normally but after the windows XP load screen the mouse disappears and the screen remains black and I am not able to use the mouse and keyboard. I turn it off and try again with the last known configuration and it does the same thing. I opened the tower up to see if anything was loose but everything was secure. I also tried a different monitor but it still doesn't start. I thought it might be the power supply but that worked fine. I have done all that i can do and would like some help.

A:Computer screen is black in startup

Hello danecock, Welcome to TSF! :Wave:

This is quite normal for the system to act in this manner.
Just leave it for about 2 minutes, and you will see the "Windows is Starting Up...Please wait..."; then, the "Welcome" screen with your mouse cursor, and eventually your desktop will appear.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-screen-is-black-in-startup-244999.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello recently the last week or so my computer will randomly lock up and the screen turns black I have had the computer for roughly - years and it has been working well up until now I am not particularly great with technical stuff but I m not completely ignorant either When I open up the case all the fans appear to be functioning and the temperature usually doesn t go above degrees Celsius so I don t think it s an overheating issue I check the event viewer in Admin Tools after every lock up but there isn t anything there The lock ups occur kind of ranomly At first I thought the issue might have something to and screen black Computer up locks goes to do with World of Warcraft since lock ups often occur while I m playing However it does lock up occasionally when I am simply browsing forums or whatnot Also the first time my computer locked Computer locks up and screen goes to black up and reboot it was running slugishly and when I checked it said I only had MB of RAM I have sticks Computer locks up and screen goes to black and Computer locks up and screen goes to black one stick This is when I popped out the RAM cleaned it and put it back After rebooting again my computer read it as GB I m not sure if the issue could be RAM related or if that is just a coincidence Any help is appreciated thanks Computer info is below Windows XP Home AMD Athlon Processor GB RAM nVidia GeForce nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

Hello I while is still The the computer running. black goes screen have had terrible problems with my computer recently it freezed when I was on the internet or The screen goes black while the computer is still running. in a game and I had to force the computer to be restarted with the power button I have just fixed the problem The screen goes black while the computer is still running. with using an older driver for my video card But after I fixed the problem I got a new The screen goes black while the computer is still running. problem directly now when playing games the screen goes black but the computer is still running When it goes black my computer gives me this sound when it checks for a CD inside the CD-Drive and then it just stays black and I have to restart it with the power button I will soon take my computer to my computer support and get it troubleshooted but is there anything I can do myself before I disconnect all cables and brings it to the repair dude Thanks NOTE When the Screen goes black it gives me the Standby message quot Monitor goes to sleep quot the screen works and is online but it got no signal to the computer

A:The screen goes black while the computer is still running.

Update drivers,clean cables ram pc etc and try other monitors to see if monitor is bad.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/the-screen-goes-black-while-the-computer-is-still-running-473521.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hey I'm working on a friends computer. He said he got a error message then a blue screen. He then rebooted and now it only goes to a black screen. I can see the bios start and I can get into the bios setup screen. I have also tried going into the boot up menu and tried the hard drive diagnostics which passed. I won't have his xp disk until tomorrow is there any other testing I can do until I get the disk??? It's a dell dimension 8400. Mabey something on their website or can I make a boot disk(not sure if that will help without the xp disk). Any help would be great and thank you in advance!!

Relevancy 65.79%

Okay so my computer became unresponsive while browsing the internet multiple tabs. So i was forced to turn it off by pressing the button on the computer. Then when i went to turn it on it will display the sony vaio screen, then the intell pentium processor screen(normal for booth up, both of those), but then it just goes blank. Please, how cna i fix this !! Thank you so much!

Relevancy 65.79%

Hi!
I was using my laptop earlier and the screen went black! I reboot it and the screen flashes to normal for a second and goes blank again! I know it's running because it powers on normally and even the little tone is played before logging on screen comes up! Please help! Its a toshiba windows vista!
Thanks heaps!
Shay

A:Computer turns on, but black screen :(

Inverters and bad backlights can be hard to diagnose without just replacing the parts but it sounds as one or the other is out/going out.
If you check these out yourself, good luck. Laptops are a bear and unless you've done a few, a repair shop may be best.
Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-turns-on-but-black-screen.1059254/
Relevancy 65.79%

Vista - Screen/Monitor Problem

I just upgraded to vista about 3 weeks ago, and everything was working fine. I shut my computer off a couple nights ago and when i went to turn it on it went through the regular start-up, and Welcome screen, and then went black. I had an error message that popped up (i will turn the computer on to check what it said and will post it) but everything behind the message was still black.

When i turn the computer on in safe mode the screen works fine. Is there a way for me to see what the problem is in safe mode? I backed up everything, but my recovery disk 1 isn't working (i dont now if it is the computer or the disk, so before i buy new disks i want to see if there is anything that could be done to fix it).

Does anyone recognize this problem? Please Help!

A:Computer Starts - Screen Black

You can check your drivers in safe mode.... if you see an exclamation mark in a yellow triangle, you'll know that's a problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-starts-screen-black-216013.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I got a new graphics card today (GTS 450) and I slotted it in, when I start it up the screen stays black, however, if I leave it for 20 seconds or so I can hear the windows start up sound.. I know my screen isnt gone because I've connected it to my laptop and it works fine. I have the Blue and White cable plugged in my monitor and my computer and still nothing, thanks.

A:Computer screen stays black

Do you get any signs of "life" (like the BIOS Info screen etc)
If so it's probably a driver issue (did you remove the old drivers before the switch) ?

If not, there are IMHO only 5 possibilities:
#1 The card wasn't seated properly -- reseat it
#2 The card draws more power than your PSU can handle -- get a better PSU
#3 you forgot to connect the extra power cable --connect it
#4 you bend one or more pins in the video cable -- replace
#5 The card is defective -- RMA

-DG

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/150471-computer-screen-stays-black.html
Relevancy 65.79%

HP p6130y, AMD Phenom X49750 quad processor, 8gb ram (original), ATI Radeon HD 6450 (upgrade), windows 7 x64 (upgrade)

Originally had freezing problem when I first upgraded to Windows 7. Was able to fix it via these threads (can't remember how). It started freezing up recently, particularly after loss of power or sleep/hibernation. Format hdd, reinstalled windows 7, started freezing up randomly. Tried to install Vista x64 from cd, started freezing during installation. So figure it's hardware. Removed video card, can't get anything from onboard video card to show up, vga or dvi. Powers on to a blackscreen. (both cables work fine with an alternate computer)

I could reinstall the video card and I may/may not get it the boot up screen, but what can I do about the freezing issue?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

A:Computer will not boot up, black screen.

find your motherboard manual online and figure out how to reset the bios, or just remove the motherboard battery AND unplug your power supply for 30 seconds. This will hopefully allow the onboard video to work. Then reflash your bios, since yours may be corrupted right now. If these do not cause the freezing to stop, you have a hardware problem. Either a bad hard drive, motherboard, or power supply are possible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/187037-computer-will-not-boot-up-black-screen.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello I have a problem with my computer crashing and giving me a black screen. When it's crashing the computer keeps on running but the screen says no signal and I have to reboot.
I don't really know if its a virus because it wont give itself the time for a search or if something has been overheated but it has been doing this for a while now. If i stay away from the computer for a day or so it takes a longer time before it crashes.
Also i just vacuumed the computers fans for the first time in a long time since before it had been quite dusty.
Anyone knows anything to help me?
thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-crashing-black-screen.978603/
Relevancy 65.79%

My computer was dusty and may have been overheating. The fans were operating very loudly and i tried to turn on the screen but it is black. I cleaned the dust, and it still will not bring anything up on the screen. The fans work and i can hear the drives working. I tried changing the psu, cleaning the heatsink, and reseating everything. and removed the battery and put it back in to reset the bios. Nothing has worked so far. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated? Is it possible that i fried my motherboard or processor?

A:When I turn on my computer the screen is black

Tell me about your computer specs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/when-i-turn-on-my-computer-the-screen-is-black.134638/