Windows Support Forum

Unknown device shown in device manager

Q: Unknown device shown in device manager

Does anybody know what this device does. It's located under SCSI and RAID Controller, it's called AWFOEXCS IDE Controller. I have no idea what the hell is that.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Unknown device shown in device manager

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Unknown device shown in device manager

I've seen those on the Media Center edition of Windows

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-device-shown-in-device-manager.151946/
Relevancy 105.78%

Hi everybody.

I just bought myself a Powercolor Radeon HD 4890 yesterday. After installing the card and the required drivers everything works like a charm. However, every time I start up my PC I get a message saying that a new device has been found on my system. On checking Device Manager I found an "Unknown device" entry under "Other devices".

I'm attaching a screenshot of Device Manager.

Are there any drivers I'm missing? It only happened after removing my old card (after uninstalling all its drivers) and installing the Radeon.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

A:Unknown Device In Device Manager After Installing Radeon HD 4890

I have a Powercolor Radeon HD 4890 (I also have a Gigabyte 4890 and XFX 4890 in two other PCs). I think you need to install the latest ATI Catalyst Suite. You may have installed the driver only package. Anyway, I think it has to do with the HDMI capabilities of the card. High def sound is built into the card (the HD part of the card name) and the HD sound driver is part of the Catalyst Suite. When you use an HDMI cable to an appropriate display, HD sound is also transmitted through the same cable from the Radeon graphics card.

Of course, be sure to install .NET Framework 2.0 as it is required before you can install the full Catalyst Suite. The HD sound driver won't install without it. At least I had trouble before I installed .NET 3.5. I went to Windows Update and installed .NET Framework 3.5. 2.0 is included in that update and 2.0 wasn't available separately.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-device-in-device-manager-after-installing-radeon-hd-4890.140044/
Relevancy 105.78%

I have a Toshiba laptop model L -ES I had Windows Home Premium bit installed on here but decided to reformat my hard drive using Windows Devices in Device Device Unknown Hidden Manager/Show Ultimate bit After the reformat was finished I ran Windows Update and it found several items to download and install for me I noticed that it also found optional items to download and install for me so after all the important updates installed I ran the optional updates After all of this installed I checked Device Manager to see if there were any errors and I found nothing I assumed everything was fine I decided to check Devices and Printers and Unknown Device in Device Manager/Show Hidden Devices under my laptop icon there was a yellow icon with an exclamation point on it I decided to run the troubleshooting option when I right-clicked the icon it gave me a solution to download a Toshiba password utility program so I did that and nothing happened even after restart Same Unknown Device in Device Manager/Show Hidden Devices icon appeared When I clicked on the icon a second time I noticed that the model of my computer at the bottom of this window changed from L to TIAS I have no idea what this is I decided to do another reformat on my hard drive This time I ignored the optional updates I checked Devices and Printers again the same icon appeared but the model of my computer said L like it should There is something in the optional updates that is changing this Could it be the Intel chipset driver that the optional update is pushing I'm not sure I went back to Device Manager this time I clicked View and put a checkmark next to Show hidden devices and I found it In Other devices it says unknown device After right-clicking on this and checking the driver details I got a hardware ID that says ACPI TOS I did some research and was told that it could be my Intel chipset so I went to Intel and their website did an automatic scan of my system It found a few things so I installed them and rebooted the laptop Doing this did not fix the problem Is there a way to figure out what this device is It doesn't seem to be hindering my laptop but being a perfectionist it is really bothering me One thing I wanted to add could it be a USB device I noticed that I do not have my media card reader drivers installed but yet when I put a media card in it reads it just fine or maybe the USB camera installed on the lid of the laptop After checking my imaging device it looks to be installed has to be something

A:Unknown Device in Device Manager/Show Hidden Devices

Hi there ... You should Install the chipset Driver and also the Realtek Driver for your card Reader ... From the Toshiba website ... The Link is provided below

Satellite L505-ES5018 – Windows 7 32 and 64-bit Drivers Download

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/296520-unknown-device-device-manager-show-hidden-devices.html
Relevancy 105.78%

Hello I recently put together a new computer and in the process of of installing the USB connector Working - Front USB Device not Device" Ports "Unknown in Manager from the front of my GX case I Front USB Ports not Working - "Unknown Device" in Device Manager either bent numerous pins on the motherboard USB header or the motherboard shipped that way and I inadvertently made matters worse Anyway that header on the motherboard is without a doubt unusable Since I don't really need the USB functionality I bought a USB - gt adapter cable connected one end to the connector on the front of the case and the other end into the USB header on the motherboard Unfortunately when Windows boots and I plug a device into the front ports of the case Windows detects the front USB ports as Unknown Device within Device Manager yet says the driver is successfully installed I've already downloaded the most current Intel chipset drivers for my motherboard deleted and reinstalled all USB drivers and all rear USB connections are working perfectly fine - it's just the two front ports that are connected from the case to the USB ports via the adapter cable I've tried both USB headers on the motherboard and I've tried plugging in several devices to the front USB ports and this problem still persists I've ensured Front USB Ports not Working - "Unknown Device" in Device Manager the connection inside the case is solid yet I cannot get Windows to recognize the front USB ports However I have confirmed that power is being sent to the front ports because it charges my phone when I connect it to the front USB ports via micro USB connection As a result I'm inclined to think this is a Front USB Ports not Working - "Unknown Device" in Device Manager driver issue rather than a hardware issue Any ideas

A:Front USB Ports not Working - "Unknown Device" in Device Manager

If your motherboard has a 1x pcie slot you can get a card like this...

Here

Some motherboards it's a tight fit because of the video card taking up space. In that case you can relocate the above card with this...

Here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597934/front-usb-ports-not-working-unknown-device-in-device-manager/
Relevancy 105.78%

How do i figure out what driver or even component windows wants software for when in the device manager under other devices it lists an unknown device and windows update cannot find anything.

Oh and is it appropriate for me to use this topic to ask another question regarding explorer.exe as while i am inside a folder i delete (by choosing delete from the context menu in the tree view) while inside that folder on this particular laptop PC explorer. always crashes, collect information, sends it and restarts explorer. I have not experienced this problem on any other pc running any version of windows 7, oh and the same happened with build 7264 x32 and the current install of build 7600 x64.

A:Device Manager reports Unknown Device & explorer crash

Please fill up the System specs...

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/19058-device-manager-reports-unknown-device-explorer-crash.html
Relevancy 105.78%

applied.

Sorry that last word didn't get in the subject line.

So:
http://i.imgur.com/QoSy2wX.png

These two values are:
USB\VID_0CF3&PID_3000&REV_0200
USB\VID_0CF3&PID_3000
My bios info

http://i.imgur.com/FvPQweZ.png
So should I do this:

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Forum- driver missing
When I download that zip file from under "Install the Bluetooth driver:" it has so many files to choose from.... I don't know what to do?

I've also found out that I need to disable "boot from network" or "boot from lan" in bios to get rid of this unkown device issue?

A:Unknown device in device manager after Bios default settings are

Well it might be a good idea to look at the following tutorial:

Device Manager - Finding Unknown Devices

Use the link in Step 7

Also I tend to find this tool useful:

Download Tweaking.com - Hardware Identify Portable - MajorGeeks

Right click on each result in the list for more options.

Edit: On my machine a similarly named device appears to be a webcam.

In the list USB Composite Device doesn't mean much but matching the ID seems to indicate that it's the webcam.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/346379-unknown-device-device-manager-after-bios-default-settings.html
Relevancy 104.92%

Hi Team, Please help me to resolve a problem, I've one unknown device in device manager I've tried to update drivers but issue didn't reolve after it. Can you help me to figure out what is this unknown device.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Unknown-Device-in-Device-Manager-Pavilion-p252tx/td-p/5612334
Relevancy 102.77%

Hello everyone, I hope you could give me some clue that may have caused the appearance of an unknown device. All information here : An unknown device appears

First, That was solved by uninstalling and rebooting, did not appear anymore. But as I said in the previous topic, that solution does not leave me entirely peaceful.
Since when searching for information on the issue, some say it may be a virus. But also by the HWMonitor. I prefer it was caused by HWMonitor instead of a virus.

Can give me a hand to remove my doubts about whether it was caused by a virus or not.

I scanned all the PC with ESET 6 and nothing.

Thank you for your time and help

A:Unknown device In device manager, by a virus ?

Quote: Originally Posted by 3Colors

Can give me a hand to remove my doubts about whether it was caused by a virus or not.

Sure, lets begin:

1.) Download herdprotect: (choose the portable version)

Download herdProtect - Free Anti-Malware Platform

2.) Run the scan.

3.) When the scan finishes, save the results per the screenshot below. Then upload the log here.

DO NOT REMOVE ANYTHING YET. I will advise if anything needs removed when I receive the log.

Attached Images

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/333457-unknown-device-device-manager-virus.html
Relevancy 102.77%

In device manager I have this Unknown Device showing up "ACPI\AWY0001\2&DABA3FF&0" and I have no idea what it is.

Any suggestions in helping to solve this one would be a great help. Google brings up Intel VIIV for Media Centre but doesn't help me very much.

A:Unknown Device shows in Device Manager

its a asus driver for windows xp refer to http://www.voodish.co.uk/articles/asus-dri...y00012daba3ff0/if your having problems then refer to http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/818672srry if this isnt helpdul its a 2 sec job using yahoo search

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/266943/unknown-device-shows-in-device-manager/
Relevancy 102.77%

I got a new hard drive for my HP Pavilion DV6T-6000. Installed windows 7 ultimate and a bunch of drivers from HP's drivers section for my computer and I still have this unkown device. It wasn't there on my old drive so something isn't right here.

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.

Hardware ID:
ACPI\HPQ0004

Hopefully something I posted is usuful for one of you guys to figure out.

A:Unknown device in device manager (code: 28)

Welcome to Seven Forums. It may be this: Re: Driver for ACPI\HPQ0004\3&33FD14CA&0 - HP Support Forum

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/265366-unknown-device-device-manager-code-28-a.html
Relevancy 100.62%

I am having an issue with the hd card I read on another post that re-installing windows solved the problem however I have an on-board video unlike the said poster Device in Manager not HD 4350 shown Problem Device manager only HD 4350 not shown in Device Manager lists the on-board display adapter not the Heres the funny thing When I run my diag program pasted below the is actually listed I HD 4350 not shown in Device Manager did RMA the first one I received and was disappointed to see the replacement doing the same thing Anyway the reason for this post is to find any other possible solutions before I go an re-install windows Wiping my puter is really the last resort for me but at this point RMA is no longer the issue Thanks everyone SiSoftware Sandra Device Information Device Type VGA Video Adapter Device ID Bus Device Function OEM Device Name ATI AMD RV Radeon HD Hardware ID VEN DEV HD 4350 not shown in Device Manager F REV Device Name Pine Technology RV Radeon HD Product ID VEN DEV REV Revision A Power Management Features Version Supports Clock Slow-down Yes Supports D PM State Yes Supports D PM State Yes Supports PME No Supports PME Clock No PCIe Capabilities Version Port Physical Slot Implemented No Phantom Functions Support No Maximum Payload Size Width x x Speed Gbps Gbps Device Capabilities I O Range No Memory Range No Bus Master Capable No Special Cycle Recognition No Memory Write amp Invalidate No Video Palette Snoop No Parity Error Response No Address Data Stepping No System Error Line No Fast back-to-back Transactions No Detects Parity Errors No Supports System Error Line No Supports Parity Line No User Defined Format No MHz Bus Support No New Capability List Yes Device Select Timing Fast Multi-Function Device Yes Header Interface Hardware Resources Memory Range Memory Range I O Range INT Pin A Dynamic Management Yes Performance Tips Tip Device does not support bus mastering Warning Video card does not have an interrupt assigned Tip Double-click tip or press Enter while a tip is selected for more information about the tip

A:HD 4350 not shown in Device Manager

Hello Native,
Go in to your Bios, ( normally delete on boot up), and see if you can disable your on-board video card.
Its the only thing i can think of, I'm assuming you have the latest drivers for the HD 4350 card.
Try this and post your results, good luck.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/272107-hd-4350-not-shown-device-manager.html
Relevancy 100.62%

So, my webcam works fine, except for the built in microphone. It is a Logitech 'Quickcam for Notebooks Pro' which is a bit outdated. I looked for the most up-to-date software but I guess they don't have drivers specifically tailored to handle Windows 7.

Anyways, my webcam mic shows up in the device manager and is not disabled, but for some reason, it doesn't show up anywhere else, most importantly in the sound settings, under recording devices. What is the issue here? Thanks in advance for any help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/webcam-mic-shown-in-device-manager-and-nowhere-else.1056613/
Relevancy 100.62%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional bit Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB P Total - MB Not in Manager Shown Ports Device Free - MB Motherboard Dell Ports Not Shown in Device Manager Inc U C Antivirus Avira Desktop Updated and Enabled For a while now I ve had problems with USB devices but today I was looking online and someone mentioned a solution to a problem I was having saying to look in Device Manager under the Ports tree My Ports tree in DM is gone but I also don t know how to access my COM port or other ports any other way Should the Ports Not Shown in Device Manager Ports tree be there I ve already restarted my computer and entered the BIOS menu and it said my USB Ports were enabled I ve already been to the Registry Editor in Blah-Blah key and entered quot quot was already that way My ports are just gone What should I do nbsp

A:Ports Not Shown in Device Manager

I don't understand much of what you're talking about, so can't help much, if at all.

USB ports should be under 'Universal Serial Bus controllers.'

For what are you using Com3? That's a serial port, isn't it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ports-not-shown-in-device-manager.1050937/
Relevancy 99.33%

Hello, i am new here so her goes..
After updating my Dvd/cd drive last night and then rebooting caused my computer to startup up slow. At the dell startup up screen it stays completed for around a minute or so and then loads up fine. When i went to My computer and Device Manager it doesnt show up. I tried unplugging and replugging the Dvd/CD cables inside but that didnt change it.
Please help.

Relevancy 99.33%

My wlan card has been dodgy recently disconnecting and reconnecing but now does not work at all It is no longer shown in device manager I installed the drivers for it from the disc that came with it and ones from the internet but no luck from what I ve read online it says my laptop advent - ancient i know came with the Ralink RT USB Wireless It also keeps popping up quot this device can perform faster is you connect to a high speed Device Manager not shown card WLAN in port quot I took off the casing to have a look at it and I can t see any dodgy wires or connections unless its somewhere I can t see or get to I just took it out and put it back in but no luck I can still get on through wired LAN but live in shared accomodation and it s a bit inconvenient when I m trying to work Oh and there s no router problems as my phone and housemates laptops connect fine nbsp

Relevancy 99.33%

Greetings all The DVD RW drive on my HP Pavilion dv series us is not working Please find the relevant details below The drive is Model TS-L N HPMH - I think this is Toshiba It s detected in My Computer as HD-DVD ROM When I try to play a CD DVD the light comes on and spins DVD not as in - working! manager drive CD shown ROM Device but then shows quot Please insert a disk into HD DVD-ROM Drive F The Device Manager detects it as a CD ROM and obviously the Windows generic driver doesn t work The Device Manager picks it up as an quot Unknown Device quot and is shown as quot NCB XYB QNKX SCSI CdRom Drive quot The driver is not available on the HP site so tried the regedit option I believe I deleted all the strings associated with the driver key Then tried the Microsoft tool which must have installed the generic driver which causes the DVD drive to be recognised as a CD ROM instead I tried the sfc scannow as well and it shows that there are corrupt files which could not be fixed The laptop works well otherwise Please help DVD drive shown as CD ROM in Device manager - not working! Where can I find the driver for the DVD drive shown as CD ROM in Device manager - not working! drive How can I go about fixing this issue nbsp

Relevancy 99.33%

I just reinstalled Win 7 Pro on my Elitebook 8460p. When I open the device manager, I do not see any network adapter, wireless or otherwise. How can I find my wireless adapter, so that I can install it and if needed download the appropriate drivers?  

A:No network adapter shown in device manager

Hi: You should see a device labeled as a Network Controller under an Other Devices category in the device manager. The Network Controller will have a little ! mark inside a yellow triangle. That is the wireless card that needs a driver. Since there can be more than one model wireless card in that notebook series, I don't know what driver you need to get the card to work but that is easy enough to find out. Please post the hardware ID for the device you see listed as a Network Controller. To find the hardware ID, click on the device labeled as a Network Controller. Then click on the details tab at the top of the network controller window. Now you will see a Property drop down list and it will be set to Device Description. Drop down on that list and select the 2nd item (Hardware ID's). Post the top string of characters that you see in the window.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/No-network-adapter-shown-in-device-manager/td-p/5611303
Relevancy 99.33%

Wifi driver or adapter and bluetooth driver  not shown in device manager when i click on network adapter option.                                      Please help me so i can use wifi properly.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-adapter-not-shown-in-device-manager/td-p/5638803
Relevancy 99.33%

I have a HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC. I upgraded my PC from windows 8.1 to Windows 10(64-bit) and the bluetooth icon in the wireless area is missing and I can't see the bluetooth drivers in the device manager anymore.my bluetooth driver wont show up at all I have tried unistalling all the drivers under networking and reinstalling them and my internet has and is working just fine. Although the bluetooth is not showing up in devices I have no clue why I have worked hours to get it to work with no avail. Also I dont understand how the Bluetooth support service can be running withpout a proper driver installed. I just want to be able to use my bluetooth headphones on my laptop. I have tried all drivers I could think of too from this and laptops similar to this. Please help me solving this isssue!

A:bluetooth drivers not shown in device manager

Hi, Please expand Network adapters, what are there ? Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/bluetooth-drivers-not-shown-in-device-manager/td-p/5702589
Relevancy 99.33%

Hello. I have two unknown devices listed in Device Manager. The devices don't show Hardware IDs in drop-down list. I've attached a txt file with:
DevNode status
Device Instance path
Class Long Name
Class Short Name
Class icon path
siblings
parent

Could someone please help? Thank you.

A:Unknown device (Device Manager)

Could you use this tool to post all the files here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/290370-unknown-device-device-manager.html
Relevancy 99.33%

I have recently bought a reconditioned Fujitsu Lifebook S6120.

I have successfully installed all the drivers from Fujitsu's web site. But there is still one "unknown device" - USB BT. Since the machine has an original Bluetooth sticker and the software does not see bluetooth, I suspect this may stand for USB Bluetooth.

The device has the ID

USB\VID_044E&PID_3001&MI_00\6&125FD8C2&0&0000

Does anybody know what this means?
Are any drivers available for this device?
I have used the XP device manager's WEB search,
and manually Fujitsu's site and Driverguide.com but not found anything.

For the moment I've disabled the device to stop getting repeated "found new hardware" messages.
Many thanks,
Oliver Pretzel

Relevancy 99.33%

Hello I have vista ultmite 32bit and my device manager says I have an unknown device and it needs the driver. the motherboard is an Asus P5E-VM HDMI BTW I'm doing a clean install on this computer please help me find the driver.

here is the info I have under the device manager:

Name: Unknown Device
Device type: Other devices
Manufacture: unknown

DEvice Status:

this device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.
To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver.

-----------
I have already installed the chip set

A:unknown device in my device manager

Right click on the device and select PropertiesClick on the Details tabIn the dropdown box, select Hardware IDThere will be a string of letters and numbers:- PCI devices have 4 characters following the VEN_ string, and 4 characters following the DEV_ string.- USB devices have 4 characters following the VID_string, and 4 characters following the PID_ string.- other devices may have different stuff - in that case we'll need the entire string of info.Provide us with the information above and we'll have a look see to find out what it is.For PCI devices I look at http://www.pcidatabase.comFor USB devices I look at http://www.linux-usb.org/usb.idsFor the rest of the stuff, I'll start with the system specs and a Google search.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/201776/unknown-device-in-my-device-manager/
Relevancy 99.33%

I have browsed the solutions provided for this problem but they don't fit my case.

When I go to Properties / Details / Hardware Ids the value is: root\sscbfs_storlib_bus3. Nowhere I can find the VEN or DEV code

A:Device Manager - Unknown Device

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums .. Read the Link below

Is this Unknown Device from SugarSync? . Archive (106) . SugarSync 2.0 - Everything Else . Forum . SugarSync Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/300778-device-manager-unknown-device.html
Relevancy 99.33%

I have a portable hard drive that i attach to my computer device in manager unknown device via USB It has worked fine so far but now when i plug it in the only response i get a message saying quot USB device not recognized one of the devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned quot and under Device Manager in Universal Serial Bus Controller Ican see not but Unknown Devices If I uninstall them both unplug the hard drive from the usb port and do a Scan For unknown device in device manager Hardware Changes then I will get the message quot Unkown Device Device Driver Software installed successfully quot and one unknown device in device manager unknown device will unknown device in device manager reappear in the Universal Serial Bus Controller Now I wonder what device is that Clicking on properties doesn t really help Plugging in the usb hard drive will bring again the error message quot USB device not recognized quot then quot Unknown device Device driver software installed successfully quot and the unknown devices number in Device manager back to The usb hard drive works fine on other computers so that is not the problem Don t know if I have been very clear in describing the problem but any help would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 99.33%

I recently decided to to a clean install of Windows RC x I have been running Windows x because even though I have x processors my laptop came with Vista Ultimate x installed on it in manager. Unknown Device Device After reading about the differences between x and x systems and the fact that I have GB of memory that only came up as GB under x I thought I would experiment with Windows x My only problem so far is one unknown Unknown Device in Device manager. device under device manger I originally had three unknown devices but the first two were based on my Nforce PCI system devices which I finally found here nforce Vista driver in Others drivers - Windows Vista Downloads These are the drivers that worked for my AMD based Nforce system Nforce Vista drivers downloads - NVIDIA nForce Driver WHQL for WinVista Vista driver download - Windows Vista Downloads After installing the drivers I still have that one unknown device listed I tried to run DriverMax but it only supports Vista x not x I also tried PC Wizard and a program called quot Unknown Devices quot that just tells me I have one unknown device No Duh I tried to identify the device by PCI vendor ID but it doesn't show one Since the laptop came with everything pre-installed I have no idea what it can be These are the only things I can find to identify it Hardware Id's ACPI ENE ENE Physical Device Object Name Device d I searched the Internet and the only thing that came close to it was something called quot Smart battery quot which I installed it works but the unknown device is still there I would be very happy if someone could please tell help me to figure out WTH it is and how to install drivers for it Besides this one thing Windows amp x is preforming very well on my laptop so far Thanks in Advance Fubar

A:Unknown Device in Device manager.

Probably drivers for the chipset, all I see on msi's site is 32 bit drivers, so you might be outta luck until they update drivers.

Could always try to download the chipset drivers and point the driver update manually to it.

http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=do...5&prod_no=1513

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/10429-unknown-device-device-manager.html
Relevancy 99.33%

The hardware id for the unknown device driver is: USB\VID_18D1&PID_D002&REV_0231USB\VID_18D1&PID_D002

A:unknown device in device manager

Hi, Are you trying to connect anything to your computer ? What is it ? Is it a phone or a tablet ? Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/unknown-device-in-device-manager/td-p/5675303
Relevancy 99.33%

Hi people I have a huge problem with two unknown devices in my quot Device Manager quot after formating Device device. manager, unknown and reinstalling Device manager, unknown device. fresh copy of Device manager, unknown device. Win Xp Pro I v tryed to find help by google and other forums but I just can t seem to find the right answere Hope to get help from you Here s the problem In my quot Device Manager quot there is two lines with Unknown devices The first one reads The second one reads Well now you got the screenshots I v tryed to find answeres on the net for this problem other places but never got the right answere Hope to here from one ore many of you that maby have a solutin I will take every sugestion seriusly and I will try just about anything to make it work Please somone have the ansvere And yeah sorry about my English It s been some time since school in Norway Oh have a wery nice christmas nbsp

Relevancy 99.33%

I have Compaq Presario SR1520NX computer.

I have unknown device in Device Manager.

I attached a screen shot of it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...1&d=1320462884

What do you think is wrong ?

How can I fix this ?

Thanks.

A:Unknown device in Device Manager

Hi

Try this driver:
Summer 2005 Original SiS Chipset Drivers Compaq Presario SR1520NX Desktop PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unknown-device-in-device-manager-610599.html
Relevancy 99.33%

My friend's fairly new computer has started showing an unknown device in Device Manager. The hardware id in properties shows USB\VID-08B1&PID_0018&REV_1501 I've tried to find this on the PCI Database website but have been unsuccessful, as has a Google search. Any ideas how to find out what this device is? Thanks

Most likely something that he is plugging into his computer USB port. Try this tool. USB.org - Tools

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/57640-unknown-device-device-manager.html
Relevancy 99.33%

Hardware id: ACPI\VEN_ASD&DEV_0001ACPI\ASD0001*ASD0001

A:unknown device in device manager

@Hao18? Try this one. http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-73000/sp72773.exe REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/unknown-device-in-device-manager/td-p/5699846
Relevancy 99.33%

Hi Recently installed vista ultimate Device In Device Manager Unknown x fresh on new hd I have been using the same copy on my older hd for months As far as i'm aware Unknown Device In Device Manager i've installed all newest drivers for hardware There are two 'other devices' for which no drivers are installed One I'm pretty certain is the gameport on my audigy zs platinum pro location pci bus which isn't supported in vista the other one is a mystery location Unknown Device In Device Manager 'on Msoft ACPI-Compliant System I don't care about the gameport but i'd like to get to the bottom of the second device The thing is the only thing that makes any sense to me in properties details is in 'siblings' - it looks exactly like the description in the same properties details for my cpu athlon x for which there are already instances in 'processors' quot quot ACPI AuthenticAMD - AMD Family model quot quot etc Could this unknown device have something to do with the cpu and might the fact it's unknown be affecting the computer performance I can give further info if required I've no idea what might be needed TIA FB

A:Unknown Device In Device Manager

did you put in the mobo disc and load the chipset drivers if you dont have it download form manufacturer and install

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unknown-device-in-device-manager-337122.html
Relevancy 99.33%

I just put in a new Motherboard An ASUS K V-MX It s a manager in device Unknown device Socket with a Athlon processor an Nvidia video card MB A Creative Labs Audigy SE sound card and GB s of Kingston memory I am runnning Windows XP Pro x on it I just loaded Windows yesterday and I like to get all of my drivers and updates installed first I also usually check in Device Manager Unknown device in device manager to see if there is ever anything I didn t catch In my setup there is a Raid Controller and since I don t use Raid I just disabled it There is also an unknown device and it s driving me crazy not knowing what it is I ran this OS on a previous motherboard and it didn t show up there so I don t know I tried to find a driver for it online by clicking on update driver but nothing came back Then I made the mistake of uninstalling it only to have it ask me everytime during bootup that there is new hardware and would I like to try to find the driver for it So I disabled it But I m still wondering what it can be I would have attached a screenshot of the properties window for the unknown device but I couldnt get it to upload on here It does mention something about VIA PCI to ISA Bridge Hope that helps But I have no ISA slots Also is there any way through the registry or whatever to just completely get rid of these entries in Device manager The RAID entry and the unknown device Everything else on the system has been installed and has it s drivers The only thing I can think of that it could be is that I have a two slot USB add-on for extra USB devices in the back and it s hooked up to one motherboard USB pin header But I really don t think that s it I appreciate any insight into this you can offer nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-device-in-device-manager.723686/
Relevancy 99.33%

Unknown device shows root legacy npf Ran Smitfraudfix exe in Safemode Computer boots I get a blue screen and after about two Unknown in Device Manager device minutes everything loads Unknown device in Device Manager and internet works Homepage was redirected and the HOSTS file was changed I reset my homepage and using WinPatrol did not allow the HOSTS change The HOSTS file Unknown device in Device Manager appears normal with no changes The time notifier in the taskbar changed to military time I changed it back Unknown device still in Device Manager DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Fri Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated FW ZoneAlarm Firewall enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Unknown device in Device Manager PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmtC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS System nvsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvcC PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXEC Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exeC Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Outlook Express msimn exeC Documents and Settings Owner Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uSearch Page hxxp www google comuInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext quot c program files outlook express msimn exe quot BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dllBHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dllBHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dllBHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch c d fe-e d- -bb - c e e c e - c program files google google toolbar component fastsearch B E dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dllBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllBHO ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker BHO f d b -da b- daf- e -dfee a aa - c program files zonealarmsb bar bin SPYBLOCK DLLTB ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker f d b -da b- daf- e -dfee a aa - c program files zonealarmsb bar bin SPYBLOCK DLLTB amp Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dllTB AVG Security Toolbar a a -bacc- d - - a e e - c progra avg avg AVGTOO DLLEB - a - b-a - c a a - No FileuRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exemRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartupmRun nwiz nwiz exe installmRun NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitmRun AVG TRAY c progra avg avg avgtray exemRun CTHelper CTHELPER EXEmRun WinPatrol c program files billp studios winpatrol winpatrol exe -expressbootmRun CTSysVol c program files creative sbaudigy surround mixer CTSysVol exemRun RivaTunerStartupDaemon quot c program files rivatuner v RivaTuner exe quot SmRun ZoneAlarm Client quot c program files zone labs zonealarm zlclient exe quot IE Add to Google Photos Screensa amp ver - c windows sy... Read more

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/212586/unknown-device-in-device-manager/
Relevancy 99.33%

This is the hardware id for the unknown device: ACPI\VEN_ASD&DEV_0001ACPI\ASD0001*ASD0001

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/unknown-device-in-device-manager/td-p/5642472
Relevancy 99.33%

Still an unknown device in the device manager under network adapters.

Couldn't figure out the Unknown device identifier program, and there is no vendor or device id !

Under the device instance id, it says "root\ms_pschedmp\0002"
i googled it but didn't find much information.
I tried to update with my driver cd but it couldn't find the driver either.

A:Unknown Device in Device manager

other things on the dropdown menu:

Service: PSched
Enumerator: Root
Devnode Flags : DN_root_enumerated
DN_Has_problem
DN_Disableable
DN_NT_ENUMERATOR
DN_NT_DRIVER

Class Installer: NetCfgx.dll,NetClassInstaller
Current Power State: D3
Power Capabilities: pdcap_d0_supported
pdcap_d3_supported

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unknown-device-in-device-manager-452533.html
Relevancy 99.33%

Hello, was wondering if anyone could help me figure out what this unknown device is.

A:Unknown device in device manager

Hi Dude, this points to Intel Smart Connect Technology if you don't need it turn it off in the bios
sorry I forgot the link http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/278905-unknown-device-device-manager.html
Relevancy 99.33%

I have a vaio vgn-fw21z and I have installed windows 7 64bit.
When I enter device manager I see a question mark which means that there is a device that has no driver.
(It is in the category 'Other devices--> Unknown device')
Is there any way I can find more details about this unknown device and the driver I need?
Thank you very much.

Relevancy 99.33%

I have a dimension 9200. 2GB RAM, geforce 7900, core 2 duo 2.13ghz, SATA dvd rom, sata HDD, and everything else is stock and on board. I reinstalled Windows XP to remove all trial software and to reset partitions and now I have an Unkown Device in my device manager.
I had read a couple things about a SATA driver i needed or a chipset driver. I have downloaded both, I thought. I can't seem to find out what it is. It's not hurting anything, it just keeps me up at night.
any thoughts? a nickel to whomever finds the answer, i'll keep hunting.

A:Unknown Device In Device Manager

Welcome to BC PcMedic

Are all peripherals functioning normally?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/74631/unknown-device-in-device-manager/
Relevancy 98.47%

So I recently installed Windows 8.1 and fully updated. But no matter how many times I uninstall "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter", the Windows isn't detecting my card to install the appropriate driver.

Back in the day when I first installed windows 8, the card was detected and it automatically installed Nvidia drivers from Windows update but not this time.

Anyone know how can I get the card to show up in the device manager?

A:Qosmio F50 -126 - Nvidia Card not being shown in Device Manager

Can you please tell us which notebook model do you have?
Have you installed Win8.1 update or clean OS version?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?82067-Qosmio-F50-126-Nvidia-Card-not-being-shown-in-Device-Manager
Relevancy 98.47%

Hi I own a Acer Aspire S - ultrabook I accidentally installed the wrong drivers yesterday while updating the device drivers as I ran into internet trouble and diagnostics said there seems to be a problem and Device Not shown Network in Manager Detected Adapter Not with either the drivers or hardware Ever since the system is unable to detect my network adapter It should be an Atheros Network Adapter Not Detected and Not shown in Device Manager ar bwb adapter When I boot the system there was a big red X and no connection so I ran diagnostics and it said I didn't have the drivers the incorrect drivers installed over the old one In Device manager unfortunately neither the old nor new wrong drivers are displayed so I tried to uninstall the Atheros installation program to remove the wrong drivers That ran into trouble as the wrong drivers could not be uninstalled because it was unable to locate the network card for the wrong drivers So I downloaded the correct driver from the Acer website and ran setup Setup could not be completed because it says my network adapter is unplugged Followed a few different links on this site including the IP reset in this post http www sevenforums com network-s but-s-not html Also disabled uninstalled and removed Bonjour With IPconfig as I'm using a USB wireless adapter temporarily it shows Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes With the USB Adapter unplugged and no wireless connection IPConfig all Does not show any headings with the word Wireless nor LAN I installed HWVendorDetect from Acer and running that it detected a network adapter from Atheros However the adapter is not shown in Device Manager and there are no unknown other devices and no yellow question marks Is there anything else I can try please

A:Network Adapter Not Detected and Not shown in Device Manager

Hello and welcome HK mate it took some finding as I didn't know if ultrabooks were not notebooks

Anyway here are the drivers for the WLAN I would try the latest one.
Acer | Driver Download

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/345210-network-adapter-not-detected-not-shown-device-manager.html
Relevancy 97.61%

Hello I not USB Front Ports Device Device" in Manager - Working "Unknown recently put together a new computer and in the process of of installing the USB connector from the front of my GX case I either bent numerous pins on the motherboard USB header or the motherboard shipped Front USB Ports not Working - "Unknown Device" in Device Manager that way and I inadvertently made matters worse Anyway that header on the motherboard is without a doubt unusable Since I don t really need the USB functionality I bought a USB - gt adapter cable connected one end to the connector on the front of the case and the other end into the USB header on the motherboard Unfortunately when Windows boots and I plug a device into the front ports of the case Windows detects the front USB ports as quot Unknown Device quot within Device Manager yet says the driver is successfully installed I ve already downloaded the most current Intel chipset drivers for my motherboard deleted and reinstalled all USB drivers and all rear USB connections are working perfectly fine - it s just the two front ports that are connected from the case to the USB ports via the adapter cable nbsp I ve tried both USB headers on the motherboard and I ve tried plugging in several devices to the front USB ports and this problem still persists I ve ensured the connection inside the case is solid yet I cannot get Windows to recognize the front USB ports nbsp However I have confirmed that power is being sent to the front ports because it charges my phone when I connect it to the front USB ports via micro USB connection nbsp As a result I m inclined to think this is a driver issue rather than a hardware issue nbsp Any ideas

A:Front USB Ports not Working - "Unknown Device" in Device Manager

Do you happen to have a spare machine that you can test the adapter with?  Just as a precaution in case the adapter is faulty.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,153104.0.html
Relevancy 97.61%

Hi,

On a fresh clean Windows 8 image, my software driver (signed) installs fine and shows up properly in the Device Manager. However once i uninstall it , subsequent reinstalls show up as 'Unknown Device' in the Device Manager.

From the device details, I find that it refers to /looks for the .inf file in c:\windows\inf folder but the file itself is missing from the location. The FileRepository has all the required files. But trying to update from there also fails.

Could anyone help me with troubleshooting this problem. What could be going wrong.

Thx,
Gita

A:Device manager shows "Unknown Device" on reinstallation of driver

Please fill your system specs to get help efficiently.
What is your computer make/model?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/9796-device-manager-shows-unknown-device-reinstallation-driver.html
Relevancy 97.18%

I upgraded to Windows a while back Every time I open the computer I get a pop-up notification telling me the USB device is unrecognized I have no USB devices in any of my USB ports I sent my computer in twice No help They just uninstalled everything and reinstalled everything and told me it should be fixed It is not I then went about updating every driver in my Device Manager I uninstalled the Unknown USB Device and then updated other drivers Certain drivers such as PCI Express Root Port - C (Device Request Device Descriptor Device USB USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\6&7de72a2&0&3 Failed) Unknown when updating would also reinstall the Unknown USB Device which I would then uninstall and keep working down the list Device USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\6&7de72a2&0&3 Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) At the end of updating EVERYTHING I scanned for hardware changes and quot found quot the Unknown USB Device nbsp From what I can tell and I know very little about this stuff my computer can't name one of my USB ports Since it can't figure out what it's called it can't download the proper driver for it Since it can't download the proper driver it can't work properly The practical result from this is that one of my three USB ports does nothing when I put in any USB item connect my android phone thumb drive presentation clicker etc I've looked on tons of forums My current thought is that if I can tell my computer what the deice is or download the right driver and tell my computer to use that driver for this device it should solve my issue But I don't know how to know what the name of the USB port should be I imagine it would be something similar to the other USB ports I don't know who made the USB port I don't know where to search for the drivers on my own and I don't know how to tell my computer to use a downloaded drive for a specific USB Port since it usually coordinates all that on its own I've been on lots of forums and tried lots of solutions Anyone think they can help me with my problem

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/51d96031-1f7e-4d92-8d25-782f6c799d5f/device-usbvid0000amppid00026amp7de72a2amp0amp3-unknown-usb-device-device-descriptor?forum=w8itprohardware
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi guys recently i reformatted my pc because i had to install ssd hard drive on it now when i install it in my Device Manager i see a something like this
do you guys know hwo to fix this problem? how to install the driver that is missing

A:Device Manager Unknown

Can you take a snippet of just the device info.
Your picture font is small and unreadable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/303555-device-manager-unknown.html
Relevancy 91.59%

I have two devices IEEE 1394 and Realtek RTL8139 listed under UNKNOWN in device manager.
I have deleted ALL previous unknowns (about 7) and when I reboot these two are found and drivers are automatically installed but they still end up under UNKNOWN. I tried reinstalling a new driver and it did not because what was installed was determined to be the best.

SO........ Windoz XP sees the devices, installs drivers, but still lists them as unknown and the LAN doesn't work.

I must say that this started after a McAfee update which I uninstalled - but problem still exists.

A:UNKNOWN in Device Manager

System manufacturer and model?Reading Material.You might try the procedures listed at Remove Unused Drivers and Devices - http://www.windowsnetworking.com/kbase/Win...andDevices.html Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/313308/unknown-in-device-manager/
Relevancy 90.3%

I clean installed an ASUS Laptop Model a2500h, Windows XP Home edition SP3.

There are two drivers that I can't seem to locate. The Hardware ID's are as follows.

ACPI\WEC0515
ACPI\WEC0517\4&19A7495A&O

I know ASUS often has utility programs that show up as drivers, for example I had the ACPI\ATK0100 which was listed as an UNKNOWN DEVICE, and I installed that utility fine.

I am just not sure about the other two. I was told on another forum that it could be something to do with the sound drivers, but I suspect it is one of ASUS' little utility programs.

Any help would be appreciated. Also if any additional info is required, let me know and I will post it.

A:Device Manager 2 Unknown devices Help?

You can go to asus's official website to download drivers, in most cases is a sound card problem.Or you can go to download a "My Drivers", to another similarly configured machine up a backup drive, then copy to your computer up.Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/270932/device-manager-2-unknown-devices-help/
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi everyone, got a 2nd hand lappy and i've re-installed windows and have been installing all the drivers i can, but i am left with 3 devices that are unknown in the device manager but i have no idea what these things are...

Here is an screenshot:

http://img236.imageshack.us/my.php?image=unknowndevicesvc1.jpg

Can you help?

Relevancy 90.3%

Hi,

My problem is that I have a list of 257 unknown devices in Device Manager.
I tried downloading software that will detect them and tried googling the problem but no luck, so I'm really hoping you can help me :)

The below images can clearly show the problem..
If it helps, the Windows diagnostic test (or w/e) lists them as PlugAndPlay.
HELP!!

A:Unknown devices in Device Manager

Is this a new install, an existing install that this just started happening?
Have you added any new components lately?

If you delete them do they come back?

Is there anything not working on you PC?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unknown-devices-in-device-manager-599657.html
Relevancy 90.3%

I just discovered that in my laptop's Devise Manger, under DVD/CD-ROM drives there are two entries as follows: 1) FvFx CDDVDvx+tech-200 SCSI CdRom Device 2) TSSTcorp DVDWBD TS-LB23A I think TSSTcorp is my dvd drive. What's the FvFx? I wanted to uninstall it but I thought I'd better make sure it's not something important. I googled it and all I could find was tons of websites offering their drivers update service for FvFx CDDCD..... Any help would be appreciated.

A:Unknown dvd drive in Device Manager

To me it appears to be a virtual CDROM drive installed by some game/software you recently or in the distant past installed. Just brood on it.

Without knowing the source - which you only know - the only brute force method of getting rid of it is to try a system restore to an earliest point of time available which may or may not get rid of it. Depends when it - the virtual drive - was created.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/312770-unknown-dvd-drive-device-manager.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Hey there.I've been getting a little problem with my computer lately.

2 unknown cd-rom popped up on my system and it slows down my computer performance.I've uninstalled it to make the computer running great again.

But the problem now is that I want to completely remove it.
Or any other suggestion?

Here is a picture of the problem ( the cd-rom in the red box is the one that I want to remove)

Relevancy 90.3%

Hi All I installed new software to use USB port to connect the board and program that board During this installation some things went wrong and all my USB port are not responding or not working at all When i checked the Device Manager it shows like Other device - gt Unknown device I install the chipset from Toshiba download and still I can t solve the prob my USB all port not working my WiFi is not working device manager Unknown devices in my Camera is not working i use Toshiba satellite L - SYSTEM UNIT Model No PSLB E OS - Vista Ultimate x Unknown devices in device manager i try to update the driver for that unwknown device from Device Unknown devices in device manager Manager but it show the eorror like windows found driver for your device but encounter an problem while attempting to install it inter R ICH family USB Universal Host Controller an error occur during installing of the driver The driver installing file for this device is missing a necessary entry this may be bcz of INF was written for win or later contact ur hardware vendor and also i check the Unknown device- gt property it show error code code i uninstalled that new software and i try to install the chip set from Toshiba but no change still it show the same error message as above when i try to install the driver for camera inbuilt in system it stop installing and show error and exit the installation as i installed lot of driver i dont have old restore point to restore my system too i dont have backup for my system also any suggestion pls

A:Unknown devices in device manager

You could try this.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/296017-unknown-devices-device-manager.html
Relevancy 90.3%

I've installed a clean Windows x on my nbsp HP Envy x -ar sa and there are two unknown devices in device manager nbsp Perhaps by no coincidence the touch screen nbsp is not working nbsp I can see in system infomation and device manager gt unknown device properties gt Details gt Device instance path the in devices unknown device manager following codes ACPI ELAN amp F AFD amp BTH MS BTHPAN amp F D amp amp nbsp lt Category name Problem Devices gt lt Data gt lt Device gt lt CDATA Not Available gt lt Device gt lt PNP Device ID gt lt CDATA BTH MS BTHPAN amp F D amp amp gt lt PNP Device ID gt lt Error Code gt lt CDATA The drivers for this device are not installed gt lt Error Code gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Device gt lt unknown devices in device manager CDATA Not Available gt lt Device gt lt PNP Device ID gt lt CDATA ACPI ELAN amp F AFD amp gt lt PNP Device ID gt lt Error Code gt lt CDATA The drivers for unknown devices in device manager this device are not installed gt lt Error Code gt lt Data gt lt Category gt nbsp Does anyone know which drivers are required nbsp Many thanks nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/unknown-devices-in-device-manager/td-p/5813222
Relevancy 90.3%

I have Windows 8.1 Pro (64 bit) & Hyper V where Windows 7 (32 bit) is installed as a client.
There are some strange unknown devices shown in Dev Mgr for Windows 7 (pls check attachment).
Where do they come from ?

A:Unknown devices in Device Manager

Try:

Install Intel Chipset DriversIf Unknown still exist. Right click on it->Properties->Details and look for device ID then google for it. If found, install the driver for the device.If still unable to install the drivers. Download: Download Driver Booster 2 Free, the most Effective Driver Updater, to Update Drivers in ONE Click | IObit and run it.
NOTE: Make sure you uncheck the additional offer to install other software.

http://www.eightforums.com/virtualization/57709-unknown-devices-device-manager.html
Relevancy 90.3%

So recently I've been receiving driver issues with my PC. I'd be working in FL Studio 12 while in a Skype call with my friends, then all of the sudden the whole entire PC freezes. So, to get a better idea on what's going on I went to the Device Manager, since I figured it might be a driver malfunction. I spot under "Other Devices" some suspicious looking drivers that I do not recognize. I think it might be an ASIO Audio driver that was installed with FL Studio 12, but I am not sure. Here is some more details:  This is details and value of the drivers.--This is general information about the drivers.  In addition, these drivers aren't digitally signed. There's no dates on when it was signed, and the signer is unknown. 

~Techy

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Unknown-Driver-In-Device-Manager/td-p/5658682
Relevancy 90.3%

So, I was working in a digital audio workstation while in a Skype call with my friend, and all of the sudden the PC just freezes. I tried to speak, but he couldn't hear me. So, I figured that an audio driver installed with the DAW might've contributed to the problem. I went to the Device Manager and saw two unknown devices in the "Other" category. Yet, I don't know what they are. There's really not so many details or information about the two drivers. There's no manufacturer names, descriptions on what they do, and even more suspiciously, they aren't digitally signed. However, there is interesting values they're set as.  One is ROOT\MEDIA\0001, and the other one is ROOT\MEDIA\0002.  In addition, they don't have the necessary drivers, as I googled "Error 28". In addition, I think these drivers are the culprit of my OS malfunctioning.

~Techy

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Unknown-Driver-In-Device-Manager/td-p/5659095
Relevancy 90.3%

Machine is an HP Compaq dc7800p Convertible Minitower
Serial Number: CZC8473P94
Product Number: FU291ES
Windows 7 -64bits
In device manager under "Other Deives" there is a yellow ? mark by "PCI Serial port" and PCI simple Communications Controller

The Details tab of PCI Serial Port" reveals that its Device Instance ID is:

Chip: Intel Q35 chipset Serial KT Controller

and the other PCI simple Communications Controller drivers name "Chip: Intel Q35 Chipset HECI Controller"

I cannot find these drivers , and I've installed and/or updated all the ones that I think might apply.

Here are these two drivers.
"Chip: Intel Q35 chipset Serial KT Controller"
"Chip: Intel Q35 Chipset HECI Controller"
I tried to download from HP website but I didn't find.
Does anyone know what the correct drivers are?

A:Two unknown drivers are in Device Manager

Hi there .. You need the Chipset Driver .. From the Link below ...
Drivers, Software & Firmware for HP Compaq dc7800 Small Form Factor PC - HP Support Center

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/319322-two-unknown-drivers-device-manager.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Hello Forum,

I have a Inspirion 1150
Broadcom 440x10/100 network controller.

This is my problem:
In Device Manager,
I have 1 installed network controller that is running properly, but I have 1 that has a yellow ? with a !.
This is what it says:

Network Controller, in properties it shows the Manufacturer as "Unknown," and the Driver status says, "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)"

I have tried to un-install controller, it comes back.

What do I do with this "Generic" controller that has no name, I dont know what driver to look for because I dont know what it is.

Please Help...
RICK...

Relevancy 89.44%

There are 20 or so printer listed in the unknown devices in device manager. I have never connected to these printers. I disabled all of them, but how do I delete them?

A:Device Manager has a list of Unknown printers

First try looking for them in control panel>programs and uninstall all that you find. Ensure none are connected to your computer. Then go into print management and double-click all printers, then RIGHT-click the printer you want to delete, and click delete:

ps, don't delete microsoft xps document writer

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/194511-device-manager-has-list-unknown-printers.html
Relevancy 89.44%

I m really stuck so I d appreciate help if someone can give it I m working on someone s computer I should mention that I am doing this remotely amp I don t no Device USB listed no in unknown Manager, controller have another choice just now Due to no USB controller listed in Device Manager, no unknown a whole mess that with his computer we needed to do a full destructive installation of windows XP Pro SP Now here s the problem There were no USB devices listed in the device manager in windows after the new installation There also aren t any unknown devices There had been one for audio but I ve fixed that The computer is older amp the motherboard is a Microstar International MS- I went to their site i ve run their live update multiple times but it just isn t finding anything missing regarding usb controllers and I did the available updates for the motherboard They didn t seem related but i tried just in case No luck besides of course the audio working At this point I m really at a loss I feel like throwing the computer out the window except I can t even reach it to do that lol Any ideas Thanks for spending the time for anyone who read this I did also run belarc advisor If it would help ask amp i ll post it as long as that s ok on this board nbsp

A:no USB controller listed in Device Manager, no unknown

Have you actually plugged a usb device in???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-usb-controller-listed-in-device-manager-no-unknown.722808/
Relevancy 89.44%

Does anyone else have these two Unknown Devices in their XPS 13 device manager? I don't recall removing anything that would cause this and the system can't find any device drivers for it nor does updating the drivers from the dell web site resolve it. There isn't any current function that we're using that isn't working so I'm not sure what category of thing these are and the hardware ID's aren't of the expected format so they don't reveal anything either.  Everything is unplugged and wireless is turned off(airplane mode on) so these are not external items.

A:unknown devices in device manager in xps 13 9350

Hello CBME/ Did you find a solution? I have the same problem

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19667718
Relevancy 89.44%

I am having a slight issue with my new setup appears to be driver-side Every time I restart my computer a window pops up stating Listed in Unknown Manager Devices Device that a driver could not be installed for quot IDE Unknown Devices Listed in Device Manager channel quot This box appears six times in which I have to close out There are six of these quot IDE channel quot devices listed under IDE ATA ATAPI controllers in the Device Manager w the little next to them When I go to install a driver for each of the devices I get quot driver is not intended for this platform quot or something like that I don t know what I should do because I m really not sure what I am looking at exactly Any help with this would be greatly appreciated Also I ve installed all the drivers for my motherboard graphics cards and sound card all of which work fine In the Device Manager I am also seeing two quot PCI device quot and a single quot Unknown quot device The only PCI card I have installed is the Sound Blaster and I installed the drivers for that it works fine No idea what the quot Unknown quot is New System Specs ASUS P N-E SLi mobo Intel Core Q Ghz OCZ PC DDR SLi RAM GB XFX GT XXX MB x IDE Western Digital HDDs x SATA Western Digital HDD not configured yet Windows XP Home Edition SP nbsp

A:Unknown Devices Listed in Device Manager

http://www.intrasection.com/pjmorr/2005/06/03/driver-is-not-intended-for-this-platform/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-devices-listed-in-device-manager.110204/
Relevancy 88.58%

Ok here s the story I recently quot remodeled quot my mother s computer Replaced everything except for the hard drive The drive that s in there has a pretty fresh about a month Windows XP installation updated to SP I basically gutted the computer and put in a new MB CPU RAM and just left the hard drive I got rid of all of the old drivers When I restarted I installed the drivers for the new hardware Chipset drivers all OK video drivers all OK Ethernet drivers all OK USB working fine Unfortunately sound driver will not install I originally used the driver directly unknown manager. + problems Onboard sound Device in PCI off of the motherboards installation CD Then I tried downloading various different ones from the ASUS website None of them worked I repeatedly receive the error quot We can t find HD audio device quot So far I ve Onboard sound problems + unknown PCI Device in manager. tried the following - Driver that came with the CD received error - Ensured that onboard audio is enabled in the system BIOS - Driver from ASUS website received error - Driver from VIAArena received error - Installed MS UAA HD Audio driver did nothing - Tried various different drivers again received error - Ran Everest which detected no sound hardware Every time I boot the computer Windows is also detecting a quot PCI Device quot which is unknown and shows the yellow trouble signal in Onboard sound problems + unknown PCI Device in manager. device manager I have to imagine this is the onboard sound However even if I point it to the driver folder directly the wizard finds no matching drivers for said quot PCI Device quot I also can t get it to stop picking it up Every time the system reboots it wants to try to install it again There are no PCI devices attached to the motherboard whatsoever as I m using the onboard video LAN sound etc So what do I do now For reference the motherboard is an ASUS M A -CM nbsp

Relevancy 88.58%

I have a dv7-2170us laptop.I performed a clean install with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.I used the drivers for this laptop model from the HP site.I'm getting a few unknown devices in Device Manager.I've tried un-installing the devices and re-installing to allow Windows to re-detect but no drivers are found.  See pictures below, what devices could these possibly be referring to? I have all the necessary drivers loaded that I am aware of and I installed any driver that looked valid from the HP drivers site. 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Unknown devices in Windows 7 device manager - dv7-2170us

EDIT: Everything works!  Thanks for the tip Daniel.  I googled how to identify hardware id's and came up with this site http://www.pcidatabase.com/ , punched in the device id's and bam, it WAS the card reader.  Weird because it was working perfectly.  But I downloaded the driver anyway and re-installed and this resolved the issue.  ============================================= I tried the Intel Chipset Utility, didn't work. Here's the hardware id's though:  If you look closely you'll notice that each of these devices are in fact different. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Unknown-devices-in-Windows-7-device-manager-dv7-2170us/td-p/220228
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi all please see attached dxdiag for my system specs note that this is a big desktop PC this morning i noticed a device in the device manger which isn't working properly Normally if it's not a major issue i'd consider that sort of thing a silly nitpick However i'm currently experiencing a major problem which manager: controller, device in USB host Code 43 Unknown shall have its own thread later and i need to start eliminating possible suspects i tried to research this little issue and i found some steps that seem really good for major discrete components unfortunately usb host controller is a generic entity i'm not honestly sure if it even corresponds to any particular usb headers or external ports I've already tried the basic steps of disabling enabling it un reinstalling the device restarting the computer leaving it powered off for five minutes etc anyways details the device is listed under the Universal Serial Bus controllers section of the manager as Unknown Device When i open up the properties menu i see the following info Device type USB controllers Manufacturer Standard USB Host Controller Location Port Hub Device Status Windows has Unknown device in manager: USB host controller, Code 43 stopped this device because it has reported problems Code going by instructions i found Unknown device in manager: USB host controller, Code 43 elsewhere i was trying to hunt through the details tab for the hardware ID Unfortunately that option only reports the value USB UNKNOWN so far the only ray of hope i've found was some mentions of a problem related to laptop batteries unfortunately this is a desktop PC so that advice wasn't applicable please provide advice and troubleshooting steps

A:Unknown device in manager: USB host controller, Code 43

Well...the first thing I would do...is delete all "controller" items under USB in Device Manager.  Not bother with "hubs" or any other listings, just the items with "conrroller" in the listed description under USB.

Reboot after removing all such.

Code 43 Errors

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/542757/unknown-device-in-manager-usb-host-controller-code-43/
Relevancy 88.58%

I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using wireless, so switched to an Ethernet cable, but still no luck. I just discovered that ALL of the network-related devices are now listed under an "Unknown" tab in the Device Manager. A check of properties of each item in that folder says they are all working properly, but that obviously isn't the case. I tried uninstalling each of the 4 items, but when they are recognized again they still show up under the Unknown tab. Any suggestions would be welcome.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/46985-network-devices-listed-under-unknown-device-manager.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Late in the evening on while listening to some old Rush tunes on my computer windows media device in on suspicious advice Looking VERY for "unknown" manager a entry player just decided to start playing what sounded Looking for advice on a VERY suspicious "unknown" entry in device manager like every song I have all at once BTW OS x I could not close media player and I could not turn down or mute the volume in media player I opened the task manager to kill the process and noticed that there was a Looking for advice on a VERY suspicious "unknown" entry in device manager media player classic MPC-HC process still running from a Penn and Teller BS video I had watched earlier I could quot end process quot on windows media player but could not end process or end process tree on media player classic I tried to terminate MPC with several rd party apps like the old APT from Diamond CS Killbox Daphne System Explorer Process Explorer SpyDllRemover and even Radix Nothing worked SpyDllRemover and Radix both claimed to have killed the resilient MPC but when I would refresh my list it was really still there which I confirmed by cross referencing with taskmanager Bill should have used MPC for the windows shell rather than explorer I ran several malware scans which all came up clean All but SpyDllRemover which reported hidden rootkit processes that I simply dismissed as false positives because I have never heard of anyone having so many before After that I ran a few of the log file generators too and came up with some suspicious files running from the appdata local temp folder that I think were created by rkill but I am not on that I should have run rkill in a clean sandbox to see what files and folders were created first but I didn t so now I am left with uncertainty Can anyone confirm Are these related to rkill Suspicious Files in temp folder list C Users Owner AppData Local temp RarSFX h explorer exeC Users Owner AppData Local temp RarSFX h iexplore exeC Users Owner AppData Local temp RarSFX nird iexplore exeC Users Owner AppData Local temp RarSFX procs explorer exeC Users Owner AppData Local temp RarSFX procs iexplore exeC Users Owner AppData Local temp RarSFX procs proc datC Users Owner AppData Local temp RarSFX curo regC Users Owner AppData Local temp RarSFX extra datC Users Owner AppData Local temp RarSFX lmro regC Users Owner AppData Local temp RarSFX lmroe regC Users Owner AppData Local temp RarSFX nircmd chmC Users Owner AppData Local temp RarSFX nircmd exeC Users Owner AppData Local temp RarSFX nircmdc exeC Users Owner AppData Local temp RarSFX pev exeC Users Owner AppData Local temp RarSFX prep batC Users Owner AppData Local temp RarSFX rkill batC Users Owner AppData Local temp RarSFX rkill regC Users Owner AppData Local temp RarSFX s infC Users Owner AppData Local temp RarSFX sed exeC Users Owner AppData Local temp RarSFX serv datC Users Owner AppData Local temp RarSFX sh vbsC Users Owner AppData Local temp RarSFX swreg exeC Users Owner AppData Local temp RarSFX userinit exeC Users Owner AppData Local temp RarSFX winlogon exeC Users Owner AppData Local temp RarSFX wl txtand an empty folder located at C Windows Xsxs Xenocode SandboxI did see several processes not related to MPC listed on the quot process viewer quot tab of SpyDllRemover in the lower pane when I selected MPC s process and when I selected the svchost exe process that was using the most memory When I started to look these up on google I found many of the same files listed on a site called Exploit-ID com Exploit Information Disclosure Link http www exploit-id com dospoc windows-media-player-with-k-lite-codec-pack-dos-poc I do have the k-lite codec pack installed as an alternative to real player and quicktime While comparing the list there with my list I finally spotted this Link http www exploit-id com news lulzsec-take-down-cia-website in an article to the right of the main story When I read it I saw that it said quot hours ago quot which was abo... Read more

A:Looking for advice on a VERY suspicious "unknown" entry in device manager

I will start my own question thread if you want but I believe we have the same trojan.*A word about this trojan: after detecting it by running rKill to stop it, then SuperAntiSpyware to detect it, I reboot and delete/quarantine right away, allowing for the reboot. Upon reboot, I run rKill again then SAS again and it finds it again every time. I backed up to my second drive then removed it and reinstalled windows 7, 64-bit. So I reinstalled windows and it seemed to still be there after a short time of being on the network... but I was able to remove it using a combination of ComboFix, rKill and SAS. But, when I plugged in my second drive again BAM! it was back and irremovable again. It could be the virus is on the network here at home, or the second hard drive with my backup, or I could have gotten it from the internet while I was grabbing drivers. Regardless, once the PC is clean I will again clean reinstall, I just need it to be clean first so that I can perform the backup without backing up the trojan!*I ran a scan on the other household computers and they all have it. So, I will disconnect the network cable from this computer and just transfer files to it from another (known clean linux PC) computer until I know how to fix it (so it won't get reinfected by the others). Then one by one fix the rest (then connect them to the network again).I also have many of the same files (see here):C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\RarSFX0>tree /fFolder PATH listingVolume serial number is F4A5-1E44C:.│ curo.reg│ extra.dat│ lmro.reg│ lmroe.reg│ nircmd.chm│ nircmd.exe│ nircmdc.exe│ pev.exe│ prep.bat│ proxycheck.exe│ rkill.bat│ rkill.reg│ s.inf│ sed.exe│ serv.dat│ sh.vbs│ swreg.exe│ userinit.exe│ winlogon.exe│ wl.txt│├───h│ explorer.exe│ iexplore.exe│├───nird└───procs iexplore.exe proc.datC:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\RarSFX0>This seems to be a new Trojan.Agent/Gen-IExplorer[Fake] type of trojan. I detect the trojan(s) only after running rKill before the SuperAntiSpyware scan, the other is called Trojan.Agent/Gen-PEC.My scan results for mbam:Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.51.0.1200www.malwarebytes.orgDatabase version: 6949Windows 6.1.7600Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.164216/25/2011 11:26:51 AMmbam-log-2011-06-25 (11-26-51).txtScan type: Full scan (C:\|D:\|E:\|F:\|G:\|H:\|I:\|)Objects scanned: 242377Time elapsed: 8 minute(s), 47 second(s)Memory Processes Infected: 0Memory Modules Infected: 0Registry Keys Infected: 0Registry Values Infected: 0Registry Data Items Infected: 0Folders Infected: 0Files Infected: 0Memory Processes Infected:(No malicious items detected)Memory Modules Infected:(No malicious items detected)Registry Keys Infected:(No malicious items detected)Registry Values Infected:(No malicious items detected)Registry Data Items Infected:(No malicious items detected)Folders Infected:(No malicious items detected)Files Infected:(No malicious items detected)Here is the SAS log: **Also I forgot to mention platform: Windows 7 64 bit Professional EditionSUPERAntiSpyware Scan Loghttp://www.superantispyware.comGenerated 06/25/2011 at 01:09 AMApplication Version : 4.54.1000Core Rules Database Version : 7313Trace Rules Database Version: 5125Scan type : Complete ScanTotal Scan Time : 06:21:29Memory items scanned : 511Memory threats detected : 0Registry items scanned : 11409Registry threats detected : 0File items scanned : 90446File threats detected : 11Adware.Tracking Cookie C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\[email protected][2].txt C:\Users\admin\AppData... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/405939/looking-for-advice-on-a-very-suspicious-unknown-entry-in-device-manager/
Relevancy 87.72%

After upgrading to W10, i now have 3 unknown devices. their hardware ID are in order: PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2383&SUBSYS_3624103C&REV_00PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2383&SUBSYS_3624103CPCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2383&CC_088000PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2383&CC_0880PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2382&SUBSYS_3624103C&REV_00PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2382&SUBSYS_3624103CPCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2382&CC_088000PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2382&CC_0880PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2384&SUBSYS_3624103C&REV_00PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2384&SUBSYS_3624103CPCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2384&CC_088000PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2384&CC_0880 thanks!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Base-System-Devices-showing-as-unknown-in-Device-Manager/td-p/5650096
Relevancy 87.72%

Everest shows 3 unknown devices but device manager doesnt?

my soundcard dissapeard today, i can still pick it up using "Unknown Devices"

and EVEREST

although when i try to run audigy 2 drivers, it`s telling me there are no supported devices in the system, anyone know how i can force the REAL device manager to see these devices?

it seems only everest and unknown devices is picking up my soundcard, it also says AUDIGY from CREATIVE.........it just is not appearing in device manager for some reason so i am unable to actually install it........

please help if anyone has any ideas thanks.

Relevancy 87.72%

My system speccy's should be in my profile bit, please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks

A:Driver not found for unknown 'ethernet controller' in device manager.

Hi You need the Realtek Ethernet Utility .. In the Link below ..
Motherboard - P8H77-M - ASUS

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/352264-driver-not-found-unknown-ethernet-controller-device-manager.html
Relevancy 86.43%

hie i have just installed window 7 and this devices are missing, any help will be very much appreciated.
base system device
device id
PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_7110&SUBSYS_117C10&PEV_00
PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_7110&SUBSYS_117C10CF
PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_7110&CC_088000
PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_7110&CC_0880

UNKNOWN DEVICE
LOCATION; INTEL(R) 82801 DBM LPC INTERFACE CONTROLLER-24CC
HARDWARE ID;
ACP1\FUJO2BI
FUJO2BI

VIDEO CONTROLLER
LOCATION; PCI bus 0 device 2 function 1
HARDWARE ID
PCI\VEN 8086&DEV_3582&SUBSYS_120E10CF&REV_02
My laptop is FUJITSU-BIBLO MG13D

A:base system device, video controller and unknown device missing

Before I can help you, follow these instructions to let me know more about it: New to SevenForums? Fill out your system specs (this tool may help you out a great deal).

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/197742-base-system-device-video-controller-unknown-device-missing.html
Relevancy 86.43%

hello all. i dont come around to this site very often but i desperately need you guys help.

im trying to get a gamebridge i purchased a few days ago to work. the first day i had everything going according to plan and had it installed on there and everything, but then i was having problems with it... it wouldnt show my game screen. so i decided to install to a new usb drive.

i took the device out and tried to reinstall to another drive but it didnt work... and now when i try to put it back into the original drive it gave me an error. so i went into device manager and unistall the device manually from the original drive.

but now i try to install it again to any drive it give me the code 28 error...
someone please help me i really need to fix this problem.

thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A:USB drive not properly installing device(GAMEBRIDGE). (unknown device code 28)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-drive-not-properly-installing-device-gamebridge-unknown-device-code-28.831212/
Relevancy 86%

I have Windows 7 Ultimate. Since very recently an unknown device keeps popping up in the device manager every time I start Win. It's reported location is within the front USB root hub but I haven't changed there anything lately. The device status reports "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (Code 43)". I can uninstall/disable it but it will get picked up again the next time I reboot. All other usb devices (mouse, keyboard, web camera, APC UPS, external drive, printer) work fine. How do I get rid of this nuisance so that it doesn't reappear?

A:Unknown device: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (Cod

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-device-windows-has-stopped-this-device-because-it-has-reported-problems-cod.884277/
Relevancy 85.14%

I m trying to fix an hp pavillion dv and No installed devices audio device show wont in error Device Manager nr laptop running windows vista home premium It has the little red No audio device installed error and devices wont show in Device Manager x on the speaker in the lower right hand corner The owner said it has been there for some months I have tried downloading the current audio drivers for the computer but every time I try to install the driver I get an error that says the device couldn t be found The first time i restarted the computer after the driver installation failed the audio came back and worked fine until I had to restart the computer Now I keep getting the same error and nothing i have found so far online has helped There are no yellow triangles in the device manager and the device list isn t showing the category for quot sound video and gaming etc quot at all Please help I did a search but the other threads didn t solve this problem for me Thanks in advance

A:No audio device installed error and devices wont show in Device Manager

I see three different audio driver packages at http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...ct=3646926#N661.You need to find the right one to install. If you install one and the system doesn't work properly...please uninstall it before trying the next one.Installing the wrong one won't do anything harmful to your system...it just won't do any good to leave it installed.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/342832/no-audio-device-installed-error-and-devices-wont-show-in-device-manager/
Relevancy 85.14%

Dell Vostro 1400, Core2Duo. Installed Windows 7 64 bit a year and a half ago. For those not familiar, the Vostro is not entirely compatible with 64 bit, so the drivers are a little hit and miss.

Computer runs slow sometimes, has since the install. I don't think I've ever seen the yellow triangles before, but I may have never looked at the device manager ... the computer is a secondary machine in the house.

My question is, do these indicate a performance problem or can I ignore them and assume the computer is working as best it can?

A:Base system device, core processors yellow triangle in device manager

please check out this webpage. it may help you to get started: Device Manager - yellow exclamation point

The yellow icons showing an exclamation point can indicate missing or improper drivers. The system does not seem to recognizing your hardware. Hope this gets you started.

ranger72

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/365819-base-system-device-core-processors-yellow-triangle-device-manager.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Model is Acer Aspire One D270.
Internal bluetooth doesn't work.
Nothing in device manager.
Fn+F3 is meant to control it, but doesn't.
May be because I've messed with some programs.
Trying to re-install to factory settings.
Any suggestions at all?

thanks
D:

edit: The machine is Win7 baby (starter?), x86_32.

A:Bluetooth device not in device manager, no hardware switch, Acer netbk

What programs did you remove or mess with? Have you tried repairing these programs?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/261938-bluetooth-device-not-device-manager-no-hardware-switch-acer-netbk.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi Malware Specialist Globalroot\Device causing device empty and manager? print? audio No I started out in the quot Globalroot\Device causing empty device manager? No audio and print? Am I infected quot Forum and a junior specialist sent me here to get further help here is the link to the logs I ran for him http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html page p hl polarsnowfall fromsearch entry For several days I have been trying to complete the preliminary steps required by this forum I can not back up to windows microsoft program Backup Configuration not valid X but hopefully the two other programs I used were successful namely cobaine and driveimage At the end of the driveimage session it frozen and there was quot Globalroot device quot followed by various endings Then it completed and said finished Also it went to blue screen the firsttime I tried to run GMER and rebooted The main problems of slow programs from startup no devices in device manager no audio device and no printing capability began after I ran some kids software games that kinda of frozen the computer although I believe whatever is making my computer upset has been there for awhile and may have something to do with remnants of roxio and other shared folders In services it says quot Configuration Manager machine selected for remote communication is not available at this time quot Yesterday Reliablity Performance Monitor stated failed system services audio srv EMDMGmt Mccicm service Shared Access ICS SysMain Tapisrv Wudfsvc and LanmanWorkstation and Printing Device Status Failed Security center has not recorded an antivirus product Ok so back to the logs DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by member at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV Norton Security Suite Enabled Updated DF - - D- - DC EFD BF SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Norton Security Suite Enabled Updated D BEB -B A- E - B -B B FW Norton Security Suite Enabled BE D -DB F- - AD - F E C FC Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare ASCService exe C Program Files Common Files Intel IntelDH NMS AdpPlugins DQLWinService exe C Program Files Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard On-Screen OSD Indicator OSD exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor HPAdvisor exe C Windows system schtasks exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor SSDK exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows system svchost exe -k SDRSVC C Program Files Athan Athan exe C Program Files Cobian Backup cbVSCService exe C Windows system vssvc exe C Windows System svchost exe -k swprv C Windows... Read more

A:Globalroot\Device causing empty device manager? No audio and print?

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/428519/globalrootdevice-causing-empty-device-manager-no-audio-and-print/
Relevancy 85.14%

Greetings folks ( ) USB Device Failed Request Device Unknown Descriptior I have a problem that bugs me for years I never intentionally solved it sometimes those errors disappears and all USB ports work fine sometimes they do not So anyone can help me please it would be great Some of my ports do not work all the time I cannot identify a specific moment Inside the Device Manager Universal Serial Bus controllers I get or more quot Unknown USB Device Device Descriptior Request Failed quot sometimes more sometimes less CPU Intel Core i Motherboard AsROCK H Pro MVP Windows all available updates downloaded and Unknown USB Device ( Device Descriptior Request Failed ) installed as of today and everyday The problem appeared on Win or not sure when So it's not necessarily Windows specific I ported it to Here is what they look like http prntscr com d rm Unknown USB Device ( Device Descriptior Request Failed ) k Bios is up to date Chipset drivers updated various solution tried from googling I even managed to make all USB ports stop working testing some of these solutions I had to restore windows from a ghost image I had It's like these USB ports remain suspended sometimes Any advice on what to try The most annoying part is that from the frontal USB ports some stop working randomly too Thank you

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/69726-unknown-usb-device-device-descriptior-request-failed.html
Relevancy 85.14%

I have had the Microsoft Wireless 2000 Keyboard and mouse for 10 months and it has been working fine. But recently when I plugged it in I got an error message which said :The last USB Device you connected to this computer malfunctioned. and Windows does
not recognize it.
I opened Devices and Printers and it said Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed).

Also it is on Windows 10 Home

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3c211337-ec27-4d5d-80fe-0a913bfdfee6/unknown-usb-device-device-descriptor-request-failed?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 85.14%

I have purchased E5-573G-389U few months back. Since then I am not able to connect any of my mobiles be it Motorola or Samsung to the laptop. Everytime it says 'Unknown USB device (device descriptor request failed) driver error'.  I have tried a lot of options in your discussion forum but nothing worked. I am just fed up with the problem. I will request you to provide the solution to the said problem at the earliest. It was really a bitter experience buying this laptop. 

A:E5-573G-389U / Unknown USB device (device descript...

binodpandey, That's not really an Acer issue.  That's an issue with Microsoft Windows 10 and Samsung or Motorola.  Acer doesn't have any control over Microsoft Windows 10 when it comes to supporting third party phones. Check with Microsoft forum. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_devices/windows-10-does-not-s...

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/E5-573G-389U-Unknown-USB-device-device-descriptor-request-failed/td-p/441871
Relevancy 85.14%

hello    i'm an embedded developer. i have an usb type ic programmer to burn microcontroller. now i'm getting this error "Unknown USB Device(Device Descripter Request Failed)" while plug my usb programmer into my pc socket. but this same hardware support in my friend same hp430 pc.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Unknown-USB-Device-Device-Descripter-Request-Failed/td-p/5846609
Relevancy 85.14%

I HAVE TRIED THE WAY THAT HAS BIN SUGGESTION WITH NO LUCK
\_SB.PCI0.OHC1.RHUB.PRT2- BIOS DEVICE NAME
PROVIDER-MICROSOFT
IF YOU NEED MORE INF JUST ASK
PLEASE HELP

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/22917c03-7a6d-4a6d-95cb-974dbce82ae0/unknown-usb-device-device-descriptor-request-failed?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 85.14%

After installing Windows 10 anniversary update, I get the following error in the device manger: Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

Tried uninstalling and restarting PC. Reinstalled Windows made from media tool. Nothing fixed it. Did a google search and nothing has worked. No USB drivers on the PC maker's website.

Any ideas?

A:Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

You can try going into device manager > select show hidden devices and delete all "inactive" usb device appearances. In my example below, there would be four. Once done, reboot and try your device again:

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/58616-unknown-usb-device-device-descriptor-request-failed.html
Relevancy 85.14%

I have bought a new windows 8.1 Toshiba laptop when I connect my external hard drive witch was working ok before it's telling me - unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed) code 43

A:unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed)

did you try to go to power manager, shut off usb power saving

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4514e103-7fe2-4e0a-b634-ed43c608a9b9/unknown-usb-device-device-descriptor-request-failed?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 85.14%

My Notebook is HP-Pavilion 15 n087sr.OS installed window 7 .Unknown device and PCI device driver is missing from my laptop even after many effort I was not able to fix that.please provide necessary driver link and suggestions

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Pavilion-15-n087sr-Unknown-device-PCI-device-and/td-p/5809573
Relevancy 85.14%

hi, heres my problem:

* USB 2.0 doesnt work when plug in to USB port. XP gives message Unknown USB device. USB has malfunctioned..

* from device manager here is my USB devices.

SiS 7001 PCI to USB Open Host Controller
SiS 7001 PCI to USB Open Host Controller
SiS PCI to USB Enhanced Host Controller
USB 2.0 Root Hub
USB Root Hub
USB Root Hub

I have SP2 installed, did reformat my hard drive and install fresh windows XP. all the drivers are up to date and even the BIOS.

What is causing this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

PS. When i disable USB 2.0 Root hub and SiS PCI to USB Enhance Host Controller. The storage drives work in USB 1.1. My external usb drive is a HITACHI 10 G hard drive.

A:USB 2.0 storage device malfunctioned in Windows XP. Unknown Device!?!

recently I had a friend who expierienced the same problem with a Nforce chipset after a fresh install of XP with SP2. even though SP1 and SP2 insclude the drivers for USB2.0 his usb 2.0 devices werent working. he ahd to go to the Motherboard makers site and download the USB 2.0 drivers and then it worked.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-2-0-storage-device-malfunctioned-in-windows-xp-unknown-device.23630/
Relevancy 85.14%

Im running windows 10 on an HP laptop, 64 bit, and i just got a micro usb to usb device so i can transfer stuff onto my phone. It worked when i first got it but now it comes up with a Device Descriptor Request Failed and a Code 43 error. Ive tried updating
the drivers, restarting my laptop, and plugging it into different usb ports but it still comes up with the error. Any suggestions? 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ad22afb8-1339-4db7-91a7-08304d8db3cd/unknown-usb-device-device-descriptor-request-failed?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 85.14%

I have hp 6570b with os win 7 professional 32 bit.it appear in device manager that there are some hardware need driver software.it shoes Base system device and unknown device.. Base system device hardware IDPCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2392&SUBSYS_17AB103C&REV_30PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2392&SUBSYS_17AB103CPCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2392&CC_088000PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2392&CC_0880 unknown device hardware IDACPI\HPQ6000*HPQ6000  

A:hp 6570b Base system device and unknown device

Hi, Should be the Card Reader driver below. http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5212928&swItemId=ob_115197_1&lang=en&cc=u... And HP 3D DriveGuard on the following link. http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5212928&swItemId=ob_110813_1&lang=en&cc=u... Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/hp-6570b-Base-system-device-and-unknown-device/td-p/5700413
Relevancy 85.14%

I have purchased E5-573G-389U few months back. Since then I am not able to connect any of my mobiles be it Motorola or Samsung to the laptop. Everytime it says 'Unknown USB device (device descriptor request failed) driver error'.  I have tried a lot of options in your discussion forum but nothing worked. I am just fed up with the problem. I will request you to provide the solution to the said problem at the earliest. It was really a bitter experience buying this laptop. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/E5-573G-389U-Unknown-USB-device-device-descriptor-request-failed/td-p/441871/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 85.14%

REF http forums techguy org t html I have a very similar situation I have a windows se machine runnong on an Intel Celeron MHz with MB of usb a UNKNOWN WIN DEVICE as auto 98se device installing ram WIN 98se auto installing a usb device as UNKNOWN DEVICE The OS was just installed I am trying to instal an HP USB burner - I used this device before with no problems The drivers are located on a diskette The manuf instructions advise to connect the power and usb cables and boot the pc with the diskette in the drive when windows finds the new hardware select the floppy drive When the pc is booted is finds new hardware lists it as quot unknown device quot and does not promt me for any input If I go to device manager the device has a red x I ve tried to remove the device and reboot - same thing I ve tried to update the driver and it says the best driver is already installed c windows inf usb inf The ref url was resolved by changing the order of connecting the cables I have tried ever combo I can Can someone please tell me how to point to the correct drivers Thanks Daniel nbsp

Relevancy 85.14%

Fresh install of Windows 10 and the last driver I need to sort out is the above.

I believe it is my powered USB 3 hub to which I plug in my keyboard and mouse. Technically it is working but I don't like seeing yellow triangles on devices.

So are there any fixes?

A:Unknown USB Device (device descriptor request failed)

If it's a generic USB 2.0 Powered Hub then technically there's should be no drivers needed by Windows, if it's a USB 3.0 Hub then I'm unsure (since I don't own any USB 3.0 Hubs).

Might be a Windows bug, basically Windows can't find the description information to display the Hub's name in the Device Manager example: Generic USB Hub, Root Hub Device, etc....

I'm pretty sure everything is working as should, you're good minus the minor annoyance if all device connected through the USB Hub is recognized by Windows; if you right click Properties on the yellow triangle it probably says "The Device is working properly".

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/9419-unknown-usb-device-device-descriptor-request-failed.html