Windows Support Forum

I broke my CD/DVD/RW- It won't burn anymore

Q: I broke my CD/DVD/RW- It won't burn anymore

I m guessing it s more of a software problem than a hardware one so I put this in SOFTWARE PROBLEMS instead And I m also pretty sure I did it too I have a Dell WinXP SP and the burner is an NES ND- A CD broke anymore It CD/DVD/RW- my burn won't I DVD RW Yesterday I burned some CD s with MS MediaPlayer It worked just fine Afterward I was going through the Control Panel and thought I would I broke my CD/DVD/RW- It won't burn anymore get rid of any programs I never or hardly used to free up some HDD space The only thing I could find that I never use was the Music Match Player I ve never used it once the whole years I ve had this computer so I baleeted it I ve always used either MS MediaPlayer or VLC Player for watching and listening to stuff So poof dummy me removed it from my Control Panel s Add Remove Programs list Now fast forward to today I went to make some more music CD s and my Media Player had a brain fart I put the disk in the drawer and waited for MP to read how many minutes were remaining on the disk so I could burn songs onto it It gave me a quot Connect a burner and restart the player quot announcement at the top instead of the usual Time Remaining on Disk display Also when I click My Computer instead of showing it as the usual single CD DVD-RW D drive letter designation on it it s now showing TWO separate drives named CD Drive D and a second CD I broke my CD/DVD/RW- It won't burn anymore Drive E I only have the one burner on it tho The Music Match player was I broke my CD/DVD/RW- It won't burn anymore the only thing I did to it but why would removing a music player affect the burning capabilities of the CD DVD-RW drive Aren t those drivers stored somewhere else like the System folder so that all programs can access them to make the burner work I ve reinstalled Media Player on it thinking maybe it would install a new burner driver with it but even after doing that the drive still won t burn anything and MP still gives the Connect a Burner announcement Any suggestions on how to correct it to make the burner function once again Thanks ahead of time wink

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: I broke my CD/DVD/RW- It won't burn anymore

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: I broke my CD/DVD/RW- It won't burn anymore

Just a quick follow up to my problem. I tried a lot of different remedies suggested by people in different forums to no avail. Nothing would make my comp read the drive as a burner. I even went to Roxio's Help Pages and tried some of their cures for the problem, but my comp still wouldn't read my CD/DVD/RW as a burner. Hell, I couldn't even use Defragment anymore it was so messed up from old virus attacks.By chance yesterday I was Googling for something totally unrelated and came across an easy cure. I knew my Windows files had to have been either corrupted or deleted by past virus attacks which was my main problem. I was reading some info about a particular virus when I saw the article mention you could use the built-in System File Checker to repair corrupted or missing protected System files. You just open the Command prompt and type in sfc /scannow and windows will scan through the Windows folder and fix or repair the bad files. I now have my burner back once more. I was kinda disheartened that this got no replies, but I thought I'd still post a follow up.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/239797/i-broke-my-cddvdrw-it-wont-burn-anymore/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have 2 USB ports on my laptop and only one of them is broken. The plastic part broke off and it clearly doesn't work anymore. The other port is fully intact, but it won't recognize any thing i plug in. Is there anyway I can fix the unbroken port so that it works?

(someone else had this problem but it was not answered, that's how I found this forum)

Laptop acer 5517 - i hate those sliding 'mouse' gimme a plain old fashioned one I can handle (and slam down when something doesn't go right )

I use the usb port for a mouse and for a real keyboard - a splitter will work but neither usb will work when one is broken (i put the stupid cord in upside down and broke the little plastic black part in one of them).

Relevancy 58.91%

I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro laptop on Windows XP Media Centre Edition Lately burning DVD s CD s is increasingly failing to the point now its near of the time With Burn burn anymore CD/DVD's Cant at once Cant burn CD/DVD's anymore ashampoo it usually says its burnt but theres nothing on the CD With Nero I get a more full message which follows Any tests troubleshooting tips things to run etc please do help me out I m noting this in hardware as its not software specific actually really the laptop has an issue with burning and also the below Nero report says theres a power calibration error yakiki C Windows XP IA WinAspi - ahead WinASPI File C Program Files Nero Nero Core Wnaspi dll Ver size bytes created NT-SPTI used Nero Version Nero Express Recorder lt MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S gt Version - HA TA - Adapter driver lt IDE gt HA Drive buffer kB Bus Type default - gt ATAPI detected CD-ROM lt MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S gt Version - HA TA - Adapter driver lt IDE gt HA Scsi-Device-Map DiskPeripheral HTS M AT atapi Port ID DMA On CdRomPeripheral MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S atapi Port ID DMA Off CDRom-Device-Map MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S D CDRom AutoRun Excluded drive IDs WriteBufferSize Byte ShowDrvBufStat BUFE Physical memory MB kB Free physical memory MB kB Memory in use Uncached PFiles x Use Inquiry Global Bus Type default Check supported media Disabled CD-ROM ISO Text File Isodoc cpp Line Iso document burn settings ------------------------------------------ Determine maximum speed FALSE Simulate FALSE Write TRUE Finalize CD TRUE Multisession FALSE Burning mode TAO Mode ISO Level Max of char Character set ISO Joliet TRUE Allow pathdepth more than directories TRUE Allow more than characters in path TRUE Write ISO file extensions TRUE Text File Burncd cpp Line MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S Buffer underrun protection activated Text File ThreadedTransfer cpp Line ReadBuffer-Pipe got KB of Memory Text File Reader cpp Line Reader running Text File Writer cpp Line Writer D MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S running ISO GEN - File Geniso cpp Line First writeable address x Text File Burncd cpp Line Turn on Track-At-Once using CD-R RW media Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Last possible write address on media Last address to be written Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Write in overburning mode NO enabled CD Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Recorder MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line gt gt gt Protocol of DlgWaitCD activities lt lt lt Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Setup items after recorder preparation TRM DATA MODE indices index not provided original disc pos relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required required no patch infos - gt TRM DATA MODE config wanted index blocks length blocks D MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S -------------------------------------------------------------- Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Prepare recorder D MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S for write in TAO DAO infos MCN quot quot TOCType x Session Closed disc fixated Tracks to TRM DATA MODE x FilePos ISRC quot quot DAO layout Start Track Idx CtrlAdr RecDep - lead-in x x - x x x x lead-out x x Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Removed run-out blocks from end of track Length - gt Text File SCSIPassThrough cpp Line SPTILockVolume - completed successfully for FCTL LOCK VOLUME Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Caching of files started Text File Burncd cpp Line Cache writing successful Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Caching of files completed Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Burn process started at x KB s Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Verifying disc position of item relocatable disc pos no patch infos orig at write at Text File MMC cpp Line Set BUFE Buffer underrun protection - gt ON SPTI - File SCSIPassThrough cpp Line CdRom SCSIStatus x WinError NeroError - Sense Key x KEY MEDIUM ERROR Sense Code x Sense Qual x CDB Data x A E Sense Area xF FF FF FF A A Buffer x Len x xC E AE F F A AA A C x F E CE AE x D BD E C F BE FD AB CDR - File Writer cpp Line Power calibration e... Read more

A:Cant burn CD/DVD's anymore

Power calibration errors are generally a sign of poor or incompatable media, however it could also be that you are trying to write to the media too fast.

I note it's CD-RW media according to the log, at 8x speed. That is the absolute maximum (8x) for the drive using CD-RW, not a good test.

Try lower speeds, it appears that you have also deselected the maximum speed sensing, that could prevent writing too fast.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-burn-cd-dvds-anymore.451167/
Relevancy 58.91%

could you please tell me why my computer will not burn cd's anymore

A:cant burn cd's anymore

Hello and Welcome to TSF

Could you please look this over
http://www.techsupportforum.com/micr...formation.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-burn-cds-anymore-183476.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I used to be able to burn CDs just fine, and all of a sudden I wasn't able to anymore.
In windows media it says "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it."
Ahh, help!

Relevancy 58.91%

Please help me get my computer working correctly Whenever I try to burn a cd on my cd drive using nero I get an error message right before the drive begins burning the burn anymore CD cant cd saying that the drive is being used by another application Below is the nero error log these are my girls songs I also included a hijackthis log below the nero log In addition when I turn my computer off and restart it my motorola surfboard modem cant burn CD anymore loses its drivers and needs to be reinstalled inorder to access the internet I have it connected through a usb cable and my isp is optimum online About weeks ago i got an Ipod nano and ever since I installed it along with Itunes I ve had all sorts of issues Pete P p c A - - - - - Windows XP IA WinAspi - ahead WinASPI File C Program Files Ahead nero Wnaspi dll Ver size bytes created AM Nero version Nero Express Recorder lt HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE- B gt Version C - HA TA - Adapter driver lt atapi gt HA Drive buffer kB Bus Type default - gt ATAPI detected ATAPI CD-ROM lt HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR B gt Version - HA TA - Adapter driver lt atapi gt HA Scsi-Device-Map DiskPeripheral IC L AVV - atapi Port ID DMA On CdRomPeripheral HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR B atapi Port ID DMA On CdRomPeripheral HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE- B atapi Port ID DMA On AutoRun Excluded drive IDs CmdQueuing CmdNotification WriteBufferSize Byte ShowDrvBufStat EraseSpeed BUFE Physical memory MB kB Free physical memory MB kB Memory in use Uncached PFiles x Use Static Write Speed Table Use Inquiry Global Bus Type default Check supported media Disabled Audio CD PM CDADOC - File Cdadoc cpp Line Audio item log info Audio document burn settings Burn mode DAO CD Text On Cache disk or network files No Cache small files No Cache files smaller than bytes Audio Multisession No List of audio tracks Track Length Pause frames Filters Name The Black Eyed Peas - Shut Up mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Gwen Stefani - Love Angel Music Baby - - Cool mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name - Black Eyed Peas - Pump It mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Queen - Somebody To Love mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Karma mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Eve - Beautiful Oblivion mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Beach Boys - Wouldn t It Be Nice mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Beach Boys - Good Vibrations mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Natasha Bedingfield - These Words mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Natasha Benningfield- Unwritten mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Alicia Keys- If I Aint Got You mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Shakira - Whenever Wherever mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Shakira ft Wyclef Jean- Hips Don t Lie MP Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Rihanna- SOS Rescue Me mp Total size PM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Buffer Underrun Protection activated PM Text File Reader cpp Line Reader running PM Text File Burncd cpp Line Turn on Disc-at-once using CD-R RW media PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Last possible write address on media Last address to be written PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Write in overburning mode FALSE PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Recorder HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE- B CDR code OSJ entry from CMC Magnetics Corporation ATIP Data Special Info hex D A LI F B LO Additional Info hex invalid invalid invalid PM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Setup items after recorder preparation TRM AUDIO NOPRE The Black Eyed Peas - Shut Up mp indices index not provided original CD pos relocatable CD pos for caching writing not required not required no patch infos - gt TRM AUDIO NOPRE config wanted index blocks length blocks HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE- B TRM AUDIO NOPRE Gwen Stefani - Love Angel Music Baby - - Cool mp indices index not provided original CD pos relocatable CD pos for caching writing not required not required no patch infos - gt TRM AUDIO NOPRE config wanted index blocks length blocks HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE- B TRM AUDIO NOPRE - Black E... Read more

A:cant burn CD anymore

Have you tried disabling XP's built-in burning capabilty? I found this on a search:
The problem is then isolated to Windows XP's IMAPI service, which is used for managing CD imaging (ie. burning). Setting it to Manual was not enough, which I had set before. Setting it to Disable got rid of this problem. After that, it was smooth sailing with Nero 6.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-burn-cd-anymore.463760/
Relevancy 58.05%

help I can t burn DVD s anymore with my TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L A It used to work fine and it still reads DVD s but after I burn DVD s cd's does DVD burn burner anymore! not with Alcochol and everything seems to DVD burner does not burn cd's anymore! go well it even says everything got burned I put the CD again DVD burner does not burn cd's anymore! into the drive and it shows that the DVD is empty Nothing has burned on it though it showed progress bar during burning and i got the message that everything was completed succesfully So the DVD drive does everything reads Cd s dvd s seems to write on them but doesn t actually What could be wrong Plz help i desperately need to burn DVD s for work but cannot seem to find a solution One thing which culd be wrong is that a few weeks ago the slot for my headphones just stopped working suddenly I still get sound on my laptop but not via my earphones Could there have been some problem with the motherboard that also affected the DVD burner or is that improbable Thanks for the advice nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burner-does-not-burn-cds-anymore.884183/
Relevancy 58.05%

I have a windows 8 laptop. It's a few years old. It has always worked great until recently. I cannot burn DVDs or CDs anymore. It plays them fine. It's a TSSTcorp CDDVDW SU-B08AB drive. When I look at the driver it says Windows did not start a related device driver. To learn more, click the Driver tab and then click Driver Details. It says the driver has the current software. If I'm trying to burn a cd sometimes it will burn around half of the songs and then say there's an error. Sometimes it plays those songs and sometimes it doesn't. It did let me make a Blueray DVD once recently that played fine but nothing since then. I've tried multiple programs for burning a DVD or CD and no luck so far. Are there any programs that would clash with the drive? Any suggestions?

A:Can't burn DVDs or CDs anymore

When I look at the driver it says Windows did not start a related device driver.

If you right click the device in Device Manager->General tab. What is the device status? Is it working or is there an error code number?

Download and run Filter Load Order Tool. Select your drive. Click Clipboard the paste the result into next post

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/70951-cant-burn-dvds-cds-anymore.html
Relevancy 58.05%

hello,
I am new to this site and am very thankful to have a place to ask questions. When trying to burn pictures to a CD we gat a message that "a suitable device was not detected". We have had this computer about 3 years (DELL) and have been able to burn pictures until about 6 monthes ago. Any suggestions? Once again we are so grateful that we have this site to look at. We have learned so much in just a couple days.

A:cant burn pictures anymore

Hello have you checked in device manager for any yellow or red symbols

Control panel /system/ hardware/
if you have please post back the results

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-burn-pictures-anymore.562321/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi

I tried to burn a disc last night through windows media player and it keeps saying to connect a burn device.
I only burned a disc last week and it was working fine then so cannot understand why its saying that

Ive even tried to do it through iTunes thinking it was something to do with the media player but that wont work either! That looks like it's going to do it and says its writing the 1st song, then it cancels it and ejects the disc!

Any idea whats going on??

A:Solved: Cannot burn anymore!!

See if anything here helps: http://www.ehow.com/about_5449078_wont-windows-media-player-burn.html

Also, you should consider using dedicated burning software rather than using a media player to do that job.
Dedicated burning software often works when the media player method doesn't.

Contrary to what some people might think, you don't have to use a media player to burn music to CD/DVD.
In fact, doing it with a media player is a bad idea - but many people use that method because WMP and iTunes are already installed so it saves them having to install anything else.

You don't necessarily have to buy burning software (though they are usually better than the free ones). Some free ones here:

BurnAware: http://www.burnaware.com/
CDBurnerXP: http://cdburnerxp.se/ (despite it's name, it's not just for Windows XP).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-burn-anymore.1050742/
Relevancy 58.05%

I've burned DVD's on my laptop in the past, but now it won't burn onto DVD's anymore. I go through the steps, as usual with Nero, but nothing shows up on the disc afterwards. It does burn photos to CD-R's, but won't on DVD-R's. When I put a blanc DVD-R in the drive, it doesn't see it. It will play DVD's but the audio is jumpy and cuts out, for a split second, every few seconds. The audio seems to act like it's stopping for a milisecond, but it is not noticeable with the visual.

Does this sound like it's missing drivers or has a software problem or a hardware problem?

Can anyone help with this?

Relevancy 58.05%

For over a year the Nero 9 burner worked a treat. Now it will only burn musical CD's not video discs. I've tried different brands of discs and they do work better than the TDK but it is still problematic. Any advice is welcome.

Tony C

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2037 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family, 448 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 70935 MB, Free - 21068 MB; D: Total - 67352 MB, Free - 52474 MB; G: Total - 953865 MB, Free - 552933 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, Inc., Chapala
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 57.62%

I have a Sony Vaio laptop and never had any problems burning DVDs CDs before. Now it is just stopped burning anything. It reads boths DVDs and CD and I have no problems in playing them It also recognizes blank discs but when I try to burn them tghe driver will eject the disc and say the burn failed or give different error messages. Sometimes aftre trying to burn a disc a couple of times the driver freezes and will only open so I can get the blank disc out if I reboot the computer. I have 1ClickDVD Copy Pro, Copy to DVD and DIVx player and all of them show the same problem. I have already re-installed the driver and the problem still persists. The driver is DVD RW DW-Q58A Please help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-driver-does-not-burn-discs-anymore.628158/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a Matshita DVD-RAM SW 95735, I have burned many cds buy using windows drag and drop utility. Now when I try it tells me there is no disk in the drive. Also it no longer shows cd record tab under properties and under the registry it dosn't show it as a DVD/CDR drive, but it used to. I have installed a new firmware, unistalled, reinstalled. It will still write to the ram with no problem but this problem has me and my friend totally at a loss. Please HELP!!!

Relevancy 57.62%

hey, usually i use windows media player to burn my cds but for the past few months it always tells me to insert a new cd even when i put brand new cds into it, it says the same thing, i dont know why it just stopped recognizes the cds.

A:my Computer wont burn cds anymore

Welcome to TSF....

Are you using Roxio Easy cd creator?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-computer-wont-burn-cds-anymore-277553.html
Relevancy 57.62%

hi i´ve been burning audio cd´s for quite a while, with no probs, but now whenever i try to burn audio cd, all i get is an error, no explanation or nothing, tried in other progs, but still error, i can burn a divx x disc through divx player fine, but why not audio on anything, seems strange, other day i lost drive all together, but got it back by deleting lowerfilter.bak entry, as was advised, i am using vista and laptop is acer aspire 3690 drive is hl-dt-st dvdram gsa t20n, standard, not sure what to do whether to uninstall, i am noob at this stuff, so will it re-istall after reboot, any help would be most apprieciated

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-won%C2%B4t-it-burn-anymore-error.670260/
Relevancy 57.62%

I am having a problem with my cd rom , as in I cannot burn a cd, but it DOES read it, and uploading pics with my card reader as I have always done. I am thinking that something may have been deleted that shouldn't have. I would appreciate any help with this problem. Thanks and have a great night!

Debbie

A:Cannot upload pics or burn a cd anymore..

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/windows_file_and_folder_diag/en-us

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/cd_dvd_drive_problems/en-us

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-upload-pics-or-burn-a-cd-anymore.977245/
Relevancy 57.62%

hello ,

i had winxp workin very fine with nero on my plextor 24x , today after a week , i have noticed that i cannot burn cd's any more properly , i mean , when comp is restarted and a cd is bunred , it's burned properly , after that if any cd is 2 be burned , after 100% when nero is closin the cd , i get an fixation error , any ideaz guys why this happens ???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-doenst-let-nero-burn-cd-anymore.114944/
Relevancy 57.62%

It won't burn anymore. The past 3 dvd's i tried burning. I know I'm doing it right, I've done this a million times, there is something wrong with the drive or something (not wrong with me). I'm burning an ISO. I've tried using Nero 7 Ultra ISO burner and DVD Decrypter to burn. Nero errors out and Decrypter just sits there at 0% with 100% buffer.
The ISO is no longer protected, so it burned correctly. If I burn it on another computer, it works fine.

A:DVD burner wont' burn anymore

Some things you can try:If you recently installed some burning software, uninstall it.Use the fix given on this Microsoft page.Use a different brand of CD/DVD.Clean the laser using one of those drive cleaning kits (or if it is a laptop, carefully wipe the laser with a soft dry cloth).Open the Device Manager (Start > Run > type "devmgmt.msc"). Locate the CD/DVD drive, right click on it and select "Uninstall". After it has uninstalled reboot the computer (it will be automatically reinstalled).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/272646/dvd-burner-wont-burn-anymore/
Relevancy 57.62%

All of the sudden I can't burn DVDs anymore. I can still watch DVDs on my PC, I can still burn music CDs, but when I burn a DVD I get a long list of errors which ends with

[17:30:25] <---MT---> 5:30:23 PM #25 TRANSFER -27 File ThreadedTransferInterface.cpp, Line 1799
[17:30:25] <---MT---> Could not perform start of Disc-at-once
[17:30:25] <---MT--->
[17:30:25] <---MT---> 5:30:23 PM #26 Phase 38 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 278
[17:30:25] <---MT---> Burn process failed at 2.4x (3,324 KB/s)
[17:30:25] <---MT--->
[17:30:25] <---MT---> Existing drivers:
[17:30:25] <---MT---> Registry Keys:
[17:30:25] <---MT---> HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon\AllocateCDROMs : 0 (Security Option)

Can someone please help me....I use Nero if that matters

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-all-of-the-sudden-cant-burn-dvds-anymore.512730/
Relevancy 56.76%

Someone help please I m not that new to the game but I have come across one that has stumped me for quite a few days now I cannot copy music mp to audio cd or data files with my burner I know the burner works because it still allows me to back up my movies For the movie back-ups I use DVD Shrink with AnyDVD running in the back ground DVD Shink uses Nero as the burning software but whenever I try to use just Nero or Windows XP or WMP to burn music all I get is a bunch of error ridden coasters WMP goes through the whole motions Tells me my files are quot ready to burn quot Then when I click on quot burn quot it inspects converts everything then it burns the first song but as soon as it jumps to the next one it tells me quot closing quot and it closes the rest of the songs I have files Burn Music or anymore Data Can't tried the songs in differnt oreder and even put a whole new list of songs on but still the same thing happens Nero goes to about on the Can't Burn Music or Data files anymore burn and then I get quot Burn process failed at XXXX quot I have tried WinAmp same end result nothing I have used converters to convert mp to wma prior to burn but still the same result coaster My Burner is set as the recordable device under its properties I have tried several different types of CD-R I have always used Memorex and have not had a problem until now I have been all through the options of WMP and as far as I can tell it all looks good I have re-installed Nero WMP and WinAmp a couple of times each I have tried some new codecs but to be honest I am not even sure which ones I should have Could there be a setting that I am just overlooking Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Dell P AOPEN x burner Windows XP Pro gig HD over half still free nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

All of a sudden when I view the folder that my .ISO file is in I get a Windows Explorer error, I tried deleting it and the error doesn't show up anymore. I put the image on my computer again and same error shows up, it's the error where it just asks if you want to send the report to Windows..

It's weird, I don't know whats going on but it's getting pretty annoying. When I try to burn the image the same error message pops up. I've tried this with different types of .iso files and burning programs.. so .. does anyone know whats wrong? I thought it was a spyware problem so I ran Adaware and Spybot and still no luck..

Any help would do, Thanks

Relevancy 56.76%

Windows Media works just fine but for some reason isn t importing all of my new iTunes songs into the library so the point is sort of moot Any help would be appreciated Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition Service Pack Build Hewlett-Packard Compaq Presario CQ Notebook PC iTunes QuickTime FairPlay Apple Application Support iPod Updater Library d CD Driver CD Driver DLL Apple Mobile Device CD's (error anymore!! 4500) won't burn iTunes Apple Mobile Device Driver not found Bonjour iTunes Serial Number BC Current user is not an administrator The current local date and time is - - iTunes is not running in safe mode Video Display Information NVIDIA NVIDIA GeForce M G External Plug-ins Information No external plug-ins installed Genius ID ce f be f ea bcdc iPodService is currently running iTunesHelper is currently running Apple Mobile Device service is currently running CD DVD Drive Tests No drivers in LowerFilters UpperFilters GEARAspiWDM E Slimtype DVD A DS A S-A Rev H Audio CD in drive Found songs on CD playing time on CDROM media Track start time Track start time Track start time Track start time Track start time Track start time Track start time Track start time Track start time Track start time Audio CD reading succeeded Get drive speed succeeded The drive CDR speeds are The drive CDRW speeds are iTunes won't burn CD's anymore!! (error 4500) The drive DVDR speeds are The drive DVDRW speeds are The last failed audio CD burn had error code x It happened on drive E Slimtype DVD A DS A S-A on CDR media at speed X nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-wont-burn-cds-anymore-error-4500.929895/
Relevancy 56.33%

CD amp DVD drives don t have recording tabs Help OK here s what is going XP, CD's drives tabs can't 'Properties' lost anymore! DVD & burn in CD on Several weeks ago don t remember exactly when mid or late January I was fooling around amp installed some programs so I could convert songs from my phone to a format my computer could read Didn t work I uninstalled it Then a bit later I downloaded a program to ID music by playing it over speaker into the microphone to id a song Uninstalled it too I know one of these programs again don t remember told me to change my default record media from the drive to I think a virtual CD & DVD drives lost 'Properties' tabs in XP, can't burn CD's anymore! drive Anyway I think this is what has caused my problem which is I can no longer get CD-R s to burn I have a Dell DImension with Windows XP and when I try to use Media Player to burn songs CD & DVD drives lost 'Properties' tabs in XP, can't burn CD's anymore! to a CD it looks as if it is going thru the process but doesn t do it XP and media player recognize the drives and I can play CD s or DVD s just can t get the computer to remember that yes these drives are capable of recording Also when I put a blank CD-R into either drive they show under properties to be full and have CD & DVD drives lost 'Properties' tabs in XP, can't burn CD's anymore! no space left on them even though they are new When I go to properties on both drives there is no recording tab so I cannot enable recording I have Googled around and here is what I have tried to do to fix it I used the Microsoft site s suggestion to edit the registry and change the drive values from to or No help I made sure the IMAPI value in Admin Services was on automatic and I force started it No help I went back to the registry and deleted the high filters and low filters in the registry file related to the drives No help I uninstalled the drives in device manager logged off and logged on to reinstall but they already had No help I uninstalled the drives and immediately went to new hardware wizard It found them and installed them No help I reinstalled Nero my burning software No help I went back to Microsoft s site and used the automatic Fix It wizard but it said both drives were not capable of recording bogus since I ve burned I don t know how many CD s since I got this computer in mid I probably forgot some stuff since I have been at this all afternoon and evening but I m really frustrated Both drives were working great forever so I guess when I installed those programs I mentioned earlier it jacked up something I don t think I ve tried to burn any CD s since I got rid of both of those programs up until today when I discovered the problem Thing is I CAN T remember which program had me change the record or burn to feature I think it changed it from the E and D drive to something else but don t remember where or how Yeah I know it was stupid to not write it down and yeah I regret screwing with either program But I d really like some help here if anyone can I appreciate it nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-dvd-drives-lost-properties-tabs-in-xp-cant-burn-cds-anymore.144176/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey everyone This post is in regards to a SATA drive I have Its worked fine I have other similar SATA Hard drives no problems with my ASUS K VE Deluxe Mobo Anyways I was trying to burn a video file trying it anymore Hard DVD file not detected Drive to Burn from after to a DVD-R using the DivxToDVD program and a few Hard Drive not detected anymore after trying to Burn DVD file from it minutes of it the blue screen of death came up and I don t even remember what it said but it was the typical exception error yada yada So I rebooted and the drive the video file was being burned from Drive quot G quot wasn t detected the shortcut on my desktop showed a question mark over the icon I clicked it and now it says quot The drive or network connection that the shortcut Drive G Ink refers to is unavailable Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available and then try again quot I rebooted twice since then and its the same issue I even tried downloading the program quot Recover my files quot but it detects everything except Drive G I don t know if there s a way to get back into it either in safe mode or just using a program or something I m desperate here because I had a bunch of files held on the drive Thanks for your time -Tim nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi guys This may be a confusing post to read I know it is to write after having all these problems for months anymore, Problems - Audio Tons Cannot Skips, Recording of etc CD's/DVD's burn but I m wondering if anyone here would have any input or suggestions It Tons of Problems - Cannot burn CD's/DVD's anymore, Recording Audio Skips, etc all started off when audio would Tons of Problems - Cannot burn CD's/DVD's anymore, Recording Audio Skips, etc have skips in it while recording from the line in on the soundcard or when doing a live radio broadcast over the internet I had a Sound Blaster Augidy Platinum which I thought would be a good card I called Creative a few times but their suggestions were already done I already had the latest drivers I had DMA turned on on my hard Tons of Problems - Cannot burn CD's/DVD's anymore, Recording Audio Skips, etc drives etc etc I decided to take the Creative card out and try the onboard sound No change The skipping still happens Now this isn t some old slow computer It s a few month old AMD with a gig of ram The motherboard is a Giga-Byte K NS Pro All of a sudden one day I tried to burn a DVD and couldn t It kept saying quot Illegal Disc quot before it even started I figured it was a single bad disc because the other ones in the same pack worked the week before So I went to two different Wal-Marts trying to return that single disc in exchange for a new one Neither location had any RW s so I couldn t exchange it I bought a pack of DVD R just to try those because I needed to get that DVD burned I came back and tried It kept saying quot Illegal Disc quot just like before I had now used up of the DVD s in the pack I tried a rd and it started to burn but then failed at or so I thought to try a th Here are the errors from those tries PM SCSI - File Cdrdrv cpp Line SCSI Exec HA TA LUN buffer x Status x x SCSI ERR HA-Status x x OK TA-Status x x SCSI TASTATUS CHKCOND Sense Key x KEY MEDIUM ERROR Sense Code x C Sense Qual x CDB Data x A x x x x B x x x x x x x Sense Data xF x x x x x xB x x x x x x C x PM CDR - File Writer cpp Line Write error PM Text File ThreadedTransfer cpp Line all writers idle stopping conversion PM Text File ThreadedTransfer cpp Line conversion idle stopping reader PM Text File DVDR cpp Line EndDAO Last written address was PM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Burn process failed at x KB s Click to expand PM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Start formatting disc before burning PM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Formatting disc was successful PM Text File DVDPlusRW cpp Line Start write address at LBA DVD high compatibility mode Yes PM SCSI - File Cdrdrv cpp Line SCSI Exec HA TA LUN buffer x FE Status x x SCSI ERR HA-Status x x OK TA-Status x x SCSI TASTATUS CHKCOND Sense Key x KEY ILLEGAL REQUEST Sense Code x Sense Qual x CDB Data x A x x x x x x x x x x x Sense Data x x x x x x x x x x x x x x PM CDR - File Writer cpp Line Illegal disc PM Text File ThreadedTransfer cpp Line all writers idle stopping conversion PM Text File ThreadedTransfer cpp Line conversion idle stopping reader PM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Burn process failed at x KB s Click to expand I gave up for that night but the next day I needed to burn a CD That failed as well PM Text File Mmc cpp Line Set BUFE Buffer underrun protection - gt ON PM Text File Mmc cpp Line CueData Len a a e b e d d c e aa c PM SCSI - File Cdrdrv cpp Line SCSI Exec HA TA LUN buffer x BA Status x x SCSI ERR HA-Status x x OK TA-Status x x SCSI TASTATUS CHKCOND Sense Key x KEY HARDWARE ERROR Sense Code x Sense Qual x CDB Data x A x x x xCC x x x x B x x x Sense Data x x x x x x x x A x x x x x x PM CDR - File Writer cpp Line Focus or tracking error PM Text File ThreadedTransfer cpp Line all writers idle stopping conversion PM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Burn process failed at x KB s Click to expand I posted around on some other boards and they suggested several things like bad burner bad memory etc Here is what I have done so far to troubleshoot this - R... Read more

A:Tons of Problems - Cannot burn CD's/DVD's anymore, Recording Audio Skips, etc

Okay, I was just looking in Event Viewer to try to find a problem related to another application (randomly freezing and using up 100% CPU). I couldn't find anything on that problem, but I see several things in "System" related to "cdrom". Here are some:

I see several of these:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Cdrom
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7
Date: 5/21/2005
Time: 12:16:19 PM
User: N/A
Computer: MKPAMD64
Description:
The device, \Device\CdRom4, has a bad block.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

A couple of these:

Event Type: Error
Event ID: 11
Date: 5/21/2005
Time: 9:02:31 PM
Description:
The driver detected a controller error on \Device\CdRom1.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

And a few of these:

Event Type: Warning
Event ID: 51
Date: 5/14/2005
Time: 12:29:27 AM
Description:
An error was detected on device \Device\CdRom0 during a paging operation.

Thanks.

-Mark

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tons-of-problems-cannot-burn-cds-dvds-anymore-recording-audio-skips-etc.369134/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have gb external drive I don't mind using the external drive to burn the system image on as i barely ever use it and yes it still works However I worry about system image being re written by virus burn messag or to Question to System burn cds? image in external drive should i ever get a virus spyware malware ect on my external drive and then the viruses re enters my system everytime System image burn to external drive or burn to cds? Question in messag i use the system image The whole point of even me using the system image would be in the event i get a virus and i just can't rid of it or I just really wanna be sure its gone So i use the system image to delete everything and restore only what was on the system image So my question is do you think if be the safer bet to just store the system image on none-rewritable cds Perhaps this is not very convenient as i would need more than probably cds but would it be safer and would it let me install it on more than cd I think the system image is about gbs So i may need up to cds to store gbs each going from part to part Is it going to let me do that Oh and i just might make a back up on my external drive as just as emergency back up in the given case one or all my cds don't fully work or should one out of ever fail

A:System image burn to external drive or burn to cds? Question in messag

Hello Trent,

It would be best to create the system image on a HDD instead. A CD/DVD is less reliable to restore from, and more expensive for how many you would need.

You can do what's in the NOTE box at the top of the tutorial below to keep multiple copies of system images on the same HDD. This way you can create a system image backup that you know is clean, rename the backup folder to keep it so new system images will not replace it. Just repeat this every so often to have a updated system image that you know is clean.

Backup Complete Computer - Create an Image Backup

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/117428-system-image-burn-external-drive-burn-cds-question-messag.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi everyone A few days ago I suddenly couldn't update AVG anymore It always gives me an error telling me the connection with the server failed I also noticed that I can't connect Limewire P P program anymore and opening movie streams in Windows Media Player doesn't work anymore either I searched some forums for a solution and I found someone with a similar problem who also told he couldn't execute the quot cmd quot and quot regedit quot commands anymore anymore, AVG Can't update cmd regedit ... don't work anymore, and I tried it on my own computer and I can't run those things anymore either When I try executing them the explorer goes all weird and shuffles the program bars on the task bar I've manually downloaded the latest updates Can't update AVG anymore, cmd and regedit don't work anymore, ... for AVG installed them and did a full scan that didn't find a thing I also ran Can't update AVG anymore, cmd and regedit don't work anymore, ... AdAware which said I had some malware which I removed with it Then I also ran Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware which found some more malware so I removed it rebooted my pc but the problems still exist I'm hoping someone can help me with this problem because it's really anoying Here's my HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Can't update AVG anymore, cmd and regedit don't work anymore, ... MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Sygate SPF smc exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exeC Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exeC WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exec Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC Program Files Apoint Apoint exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exeC Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Apoint Apntex exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exeC Program Files Outlook Express msimn exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC WINDOWS explorer exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http breedband telenet beR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http games telenet be index phpR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http breedband telenet beR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http breedband telenet beR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Telenet InternetR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost lt local gt R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName KoppelingenO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO ClickCatcher MSIE ha... Read more

A:Can't update AVG anymore, cmd and regedit don't work anymore, ...

Hi Tom,Welcome to BC HijackThis forum. I am farbar. I am going to assist you with your problem.Please refrain from making any changes to your system (updating Windows, installing applications, removing files, etc.) from now on as it might prolong handling your log and make the job for both of us more difficult.Please download http://OTListIt2 by OldTimer.Save it to your desktop.Double click on the OTListIt2 icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Type or copy and paste in the Custom Scans/Fixes section: drivers32Click Run Scan button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them to your reply:OTListIt.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimized[*]Tell me also if you have set a proxy server or you recognize these setting:R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 192.168.17.2:8080R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 10.10.10.26;192.168.2.103;192.168.101.70;192.168.101.74;localhost;<local>[/list]

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/226154/cant-update-avg-anymore-cmd-and-regedit-dont-work-anymore/
Relevancy 41.71%

I m not sure if this is the right section but here s the problem can but files burn pictures burn Solved: can't to disc I I Yesterday I tried to burn a folder containing pictures about MB worth and a few WordPad files onto a brand new blank CD-RW disc with MB of space using the Mastered format When I tried burning the files to disc I got Solved: I can't burn pictures to disc but I can burn files a message saying quot There was an error burning this disc It might no longer be usable quot I tried using another blank disc and got the same error I also tried using an older CD-R disc that still had Solved: I can't burn pictures to disc but I can burn files plenty of room on it and I still got the same error I also tried burning just the pictures and not the files and got the same error I then tried to burn just the files and not the pictures This time it worked I was able to burn the WordPad files to the disc but not the pictures Any ideas why this is happening I was able to burn pictures onto a blank disc just weeks ago without any problems but now it won t work I m using a Toshiba Satellite laptop with Windows Vista Basic nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

I am using Nero to burn media movies and have been successful on a few attempts but lately I have been getting an error message and am not sure what it means Any help is greatly appreciated A - - - - - Windows XP IA WinAspi - ahead WinASPI File C Program Files Ahead Nero Wnaspi dll Ver size bytes created PM Nero API version Using interface version Installed in C Program Files Ahead Nero Application ahead Nero - Burning Rom Internal Version e Recorder lt TEAC DVD RW DV-W E gt Version D C - HA TA - Adapter driver lt atapi gt HA Drive buffer kB Bus Type default - gt ATAPI detected ATAPI Scsi-Device-Map CdRomPeripheral HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR B movies to burn Error Failed Burn when trying atapi Port ID DMA On CdRomPeripheral TEAC DVD RW DV-W E atapi Port ID DMA On DiskPeripheral WDC WD JD- HKA atapi Port ID DMA On CDRom-Device-Map HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR B D CDRom TEAC DVD RW DV-W E E CDRom AutoRun Excluded drive IDs WriteBufferSize Byte ShowDrvBufStat BUFE Physical memory MB kB Burn Failed Error when trying to burn movies Free physical memory MB kB Memory in use Uncached PFiles x Use Inquiry Global Bus Type default Check supported media Disabled NeroAPI PM Phase File APIProgress cpp Line DVD-Video files reallocation started PM Phase File APIProgress cpp Line DVD-Video files reallocation completed no file modified PM Phase File APIProgress cpp Line DVD-Video files sorted PM Text File Reader cpp Line Reader running PM Text File AudioCompilationImpl cpp Line DRM StartDrmRecording RealRec ImageRec Copies DRM Beginning burn process PM Text File Writer cpp Line Writer TEAC DVD RW DV-W E running PM ISO GEN - File geniso cpp Line First writeable address x PM ISO GEN - File geniso cpp Line First writeable address x PM Text File Burncd cpp Line Turn on Disc-At-Once using DVD media PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Last possible write address on media MB Last address to be written MB PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Write in overburning mode NO PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Recorder TEAC DVD RW DV-W E Media type DVD R Disc Manufacturer ID CMC MAG Media Type ID E Product revision number Disc Application Code Extended Information Indicators PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line gt gt gt Protocol of DlgWaitCD activities lt lt lt PM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Setup items after recorder preparation TRM DATA MODE indices index not provided original disc pos relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required required no patch infos - gt TRM DATA MODE config wanted index blocks length blocks TEAC DVD RW DV-W E -------------------------------------------------------------- PM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Prepare recorder TEAC DVD RW DV-W E for write in CUE-sheet-DAO DAO infos MCN quot quot TOCType x Session Closed disc fixated Tracks to TRM DATA MODE x FilePos ISRC quot quot DAO layout Start Track Idx CtrlAdr RecDep lead-in x x x x x x lead-out x x PM Phase File APIProgress cpp Line Caching of files started PM Text File Burncd cpp Line Cache writing successful PM Phase File APIProgress cpp Line Caching of files completed PM Phase File APIProgress cpp Line Burn process started at x KB s PM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Verifying disc position of item relocatable disc pos no patch infos orig at write at PM Text File Cdrdrv cpp Line ---- DVD Structure Physical Format Information h ---- Layer Address h AGID Length Book Type DVD R Part Version x Disc Size mm Maximum Rate lt not specified gt F h Number of Layers Track Path Parallel Track Path PTP Layer Type recordable Linear Density um bit Track Density um track Starting Physical Sector Number of Data Area h DVD-ROM DVD-R -RW DVD R RW End Physical Sector Number of Data Area F h End Sector Number in Layer h LBN FFFD h MB Data in Burst Cutting Area BCA does not exist Disc Application Code h Extended Information indicators h Disc Manufacturer ID CMC MAG Media type ID E Product revision number Number of Physical format information bytes in use in ADIP up to byte Media Sp... Read more

A:Burn Failed Error when trying to burn movies

What kind of movies are you burning? Are you using DVD Shrink first?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burn-failed-error-when-trying-to-burn-movies.52084/
Relevancy 40.85%

hello guy's...!!!this forum is great...keep it rolling...it is very good...!!!
now i have a question for you!!!can i burn a cd/dvd while i am defragmenting the partition from where i want to burn the data?i didn't tried this thing yet...but i don't want to have some problems so I am asking you if you know something about this...!!!best regards...!!!!greetings!!!

A:can i burn a cd/dvd while i'm defrgmenting a partition from where a want to burn data

I can't say that I've tried that myself. I guess it could be possible that the data could be corrupted if the files that you're burning are being moved at the time, but that chance is pretty low I suppose. Give it a try if you want to, but don't be surprised if everything runs extremely slow, or if the CD ends up having corrupted data. I'd advise either pausing the defrag or just waiting until it finishes.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/can-i-burn-a-cd-dvd-while-im-defrgmenting-a-partition-from-where-a-want-to-burn-data-389839.html
Relevancy 36.55%

i wanna try overclocking my p2mmx what's the best multiplier speed to use without making a really neat looking board/cpu sculpture heh!

Relevancy 36.55%

I was in the middle of burning a DVD from AVI file...when I seen that it was going to take 59mins I clicked the stop burn...then nero locked up...so I had to ctrl, alt & del....to close it out...so then I restarted nero & restarted the burn as a data file....now after putting the blank disk in the rom it will not see the disk..as if its not blank...so I can no longer burn cd/dvd's @ all...its if the drivers for the burner no longer work..IDK its making me nuts...

I did uninstall and reinstall nero 7 and checked the device manager for any errors..

system:
2.8P4, Win XP, 2gig DDR3, 120gig SATA 7200, TDK burner, 6800GTX G4...its old with a pull start

thanxs for any help...
-Paul

A:Solved: Burn then NO Burn

Burner info

TDK DVDRW840G

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-burn-then-no-burn.888446/
Relevancy 36.55%

Is there a software package, preferably free, that will allow me to burn my digital photographs onto CD/R; CD/RW, add music either from my hard drive or via audio CD, and then allow me to view the finished product on a stand alone DVD player as well as my PC.

I am running XP with a fairly run of the mill PC (ie not terribly powerful)

Thanks

jampot

A:Burn baby burn!

Try this: http://www.xequte.com/pixplay/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burn-baby-burn.247638/
Relevancy 36.55%

I can burn mp3 cd's but when i choose audio cd on itunes it cancels the burn about a minute later. help please.

Relevancy 36.55%

Nero burn is not burning my CD-R I get an error message just seconds after I start the burn process that reads -Buffer Underrun -Could not perform end track -invalid write state -could not perform end track -simulation failed Nero won't burn CD-R Burn: x MB S I was able to burn AVI s movies to CD but once I tried to watch these movies I got an error message on my screen quot cyclic redundancy error quot which I came to understand means that the data on my CD was damaged I am using a CD-R x- x speed MB Min no name brand Pretty much your basic CD-R I am burning with Nero Burn c - I had no trouble burning cd about week ago IMPORTANT - The only thing new that I installed on my computer was AC -ACM decompressor I installed this to allow my Nero Burn: won't burn CD-R Premiere program to identify AC compressed audio files which in turn allow Premiere to import these files without giving me errors like quot unsupported compression quot Please help I can t burn AVI s movies or MP s music nbsp

A:Nero Burn: won't burn CD-R

under runs used to be a big problem with slow pcs.
when you burn CD's do you continue to use the PC and do you have lots of programs running
with nero v5 can you do a verification run after the burn which will check crc's etc - i know version6 has this option as i fixed my neighbours problem yesterday

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nero-burn-wont-burn-cd-r.237881/
Relevancy 36.55%

I own a Window'sXP computer. I'm still trying to learn how to use my burner that came with the computer. I have corrected the speed to the proper timing . I hit the "burn" tab to start the process ,I'm informed to install a new disc. I have placed a new disc in the tray,but still get the same request! The data is already to go.The songs are installed in the computer . My burn list is ready.What am I missing from this problem that occurs?

Relevancy 36.55%

After installing XP SP3 in my desktop and in my laptop, I attempted a DVD+RW burn moving files using Windows Explorer and immediately ruined the disk. The disk shows full with only one file of zero bytes labeled Non-Allocatable Space. This file cannot be deleted. I have ruined several disks in ineffective troubleshooting. Both computers exhibit similar characteristics and I cannot erase nor format this disk in either computer. This problem is not evident in writing to a CD-R, it is limited to DVD burning.
Microsoft finally took control of my desktop and worked diligently with the computer for over an hour. Their troubleshooting process included the deletion of Nero and Roxio programs to no avail. The assigned tech finally had to turn it over to Research for further troubleshooting which has not yet happened.
To briefly summarize, I can burn a CD but cannot burn a DVD in either computer. Inputs anyone?

A:Can burn CDs but cannot burn DVDs

Hi Harvey,

Here is a link to help un-install SP3. There have been some issures with SP3 and AMD processors, though you didn't say what you had.

http://www.tipandtrick.net/2008/how-...iate-versions/

Hope this helps.
Best regards,
Mack1

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/can-burn-cds-but-cannot-burn-dvds-264139.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello, I burned a successful ISO with windows and it verified but I often read that Image burn is the way to go with ISO burns, should I burn one with that software as well and is there any difference?

Thank you

A:Disc image with windows or should i burn with with image burn.

ImgBurn is a high quality program, but the larger point is whether or not the ISO burned with Windows will do what you want it to do. If yes, I'd probably just go with it, although there's no reason not to have a duplicate copy if it's really important stuff.

I wouldn't rely on "verification". If you want to know if it works, try using it for its intended purpose, whatever that is.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/329139-disc-image-windows-should-i-burn-image-burn.html
Relevancy 34.83%

i was trying to copy a cd te other day and couldntnow when i go to devivemanager it says code 19 error how can i fix this

A:cd rw broke

Download CDgone, right click on the downloaded file and choose Extract All, then double-click on cdgone.reg Say "Yes" to the merge question and then reboot. See if the drives have returned. You may have to re-install CD burning applications, since they're the ones that tinker with the filter setting in the registry that caused the drives to disappear.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rw-broke.627074/
Relevancy 34.83%

I dont know if this goes in this fourm or not.. but if it dosnt it can be moved.

I recently borrowd the sims from one of my friends to try it out (its not my game) so ive whiped it to give the disks back but since i uninstalled it non of my music files work properly all ive got is the music no lyrics any ideas whats wrong and how i can fix it?

A:It broke...

odd, try reinstalling any media players you use.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/21302/it-broke/
Relevancy 34.83%
Q: Broke

I don t know what exactly is going on with my computer I have a toshiba vista I downloaded avg free just a little while ago it scanned over million files MILLION and found threats of which where some Broke trojan crap now i Broke know nothing about computer other than what i need to Broke know and use this solely for some surfing and school when i start internet explorer my home page not longer exist just says connecting i cannot load majority Broke of anything for example going into my schools online library i had to have a friend help me to even register on this site i can only get so far and then everything freezes up i deleted the threats avg found or i should say i clicked fixed restarted my computer and i still cannot go any farther than i specified earlier i cannot access my internet tools or opions i went through and deleted uninstalled programs they are still there i wish i could give more information but computers to me are as forgein as me trying to describe the aweful sound my car makes im completely clueless nbsp

A:Broke

Here is the scanned logs needed:

UNLESS SPECIFICALLY INSTRUCTED, DO NOT POST THIS LOG.
IF REQUESTED, ZIP IT UP & ATTACH IT

DDS (Ver_10-12-12.02)

Microsoft® Windows Vista&#8482; Home Premium
Boot Device: \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Install Date: 12/18/2008 7:26:32 PM
System Uptime: 1/17/2011 1:45:56 AM (0 hours ago)

Motherboard: TOSHIBA | | Portable PC
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00GHz | CPU | 2000/800mhz

==== Disk Partitions =========================

C: is FIXED (NTFS) - 289 GiB total, 207.272 GiB free.
D: is CDROM ()
E: is Removable

==== Disabled Device Manager Items =============

Class GUID: {6bdd1fc6-810f-11d0-bec7-08002be2092f}
Description: Photosmart C6300 series
Device ID: ROOT\IMAGE\0000
Manufacturer: HP
Name: Photosmart C6300 series
PNP Device ID: ROOT\IMAGE\0000
Service: StillCam

Class GUID: {4d36e971-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Description: Photosmart C6300 series
Device ID: ROOT\MULTIFUNCTION\0000
Name: Photosmart C6300 series
PNP Device ID: ROOT\MULTIFUNCTION\0000
Service:

Class GUID: {4d36e971-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Description: Photosmart C5100 series
Device ID: ROOT\MULTIFUNCTION\0001
Name: Photosmart C5100 series
PNP Device ID: ROOT\MULTIFUNCTION\0001
Service:

Class GUID: {eec5ad98-8080-425f-922a-dabf3de3f69a}
Description: DataTraveler 2.0
Device ID: WPDBUSENUMROOT\UMB\2&37C186B&0&STORAGE#VOLUME#1&19F7E59C&0&_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_KINGSTON&PROD_DATATRAVELER_2.0&REV_PMAP#5B8408000A12&0#
Manufacturer: Kingston
Name: DataTraveler 2.0
PNP Device ID: WPDBUSENUMROOT\UMB\2&37C186B&0&STORAGE#VOLUME#1&19F7E59C&0&_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_KINGSTON&PROD_DATATRAVELER_2.0&REV_PMAP#5B8408000A12&0#
Service: WUDFRd

==== System Restore Points ===================
==== Installed Programs ======================

2007 Microsoft Office system
Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin
Adobe Reader 8.1.3
BufferChm
C6300
C6300_Help
Camera Assistant Software for Toshiba
Cards_Calendar_OrderGift_DoMorePlugout
Catalyst Control Center - Branding
Catalyst Control Center Core Implementation
Catalyst Control Center Graphics Full Existing
Catalyst Control Center Graphics Full New
Catalyst Control Center Graphics Light
Catalyst Control Center Graphics Previews Vista
Catalyst Control Center Localization Chinese Standard
Catalyst Control Center Localization Chinese Traditional
Catalyst Control Center Localization Dutch
Catalyst Control Center Localization French
Catalyst Control Center Localization German
Catalyst Control Center Localization Italian
Catalyst Control Center Localization Japanese
Catalyst Control Center Localization Korean
Catalyst Control Center Localization Portuguese
Catalyst Control Center Localization Spanish
Catalyst Control Center Localization Swedish
ccc-core-static
CCC Help Chinese Standard
CCC Help Chinese Traditional
CCC Help Dutch
CCC Help English
CCC Help French
CCC Help German
CCC Help Italian
CCC Help Japanese
CCC Help Korean
CCC Help Portuguese
CCC Help Spanish
CCC Help Swedish
CD/DVD Drive Acoustic Silencer
CrossLoop 2.74
CustomerResearchQFolder
CyberLink PowerCinema for TOSHIBA
Destination Component
DeviceDiscovery
DeviceManagementQFolder
DocProc
DocProcQFolder
DVD MovieFactory for TOSHIBA
eSupportQFolder
Google Update Helper
GPBaseService
GPBaseService2
HiJackThis
Hotfix for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (KB953595)
Hotfix for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (KB958484)
HP Photosmart Essential 2.5
HP Update
HPPhotoSmartPhotobookWebPack1
HPProductAssistant
HPSSupply
Java(TM) 6 Update 6
MarketResearch
Microsoft Office 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2)
Microsoft Office Access MUI (English) 2007
Microsoft Office Access Setup Metadata MUI (English) 2007
Microsoft Office Excel MUI (English) 2007
Microsoft Office InfoPath MUI (English) 2007
Microsoft Office Outlook MUI (English) 2007
Microsoft Office PowerPoint MUI (English) 2007
Microsoft Office Professional Hybrid 2007
Microsoft Of... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/broke.975150/
Relevancy 34.83%

I've been running Windows 7 on my Dell Optiplex very happily for over 2 years, and am not aware which problems Windows 10 is designed to solve.

My only experience of upgrading followed the demise of a previous machine which had been running XP for many years until the PSU died and I bought this Dell and discovered that my excellent HP scanner was suddenly rendered useless as no software update was available. I am therefore not a fan of upgrades and have so far resisted all attempts by Microsoft to upgrade me to W10.

I would therefore like to know what will happen when the free W10 upgrade period ends later this month.

Can anyone tell me?

Regards all

GJ

A:If it ain't broke...

You'll have to buy it.

Oh, and the "Upgrade to Windows 10" message will disappear.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/if-it-aint-broke-1145081.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I think I just broke my PS2. I was trying to do the swap trick, but the tray ended up not opening up. I tried pushing the tray open button, but it made a wierd noise, then for about 10 seconds the light blinked and it made kind of a winding noise, and it keeps doing that, I can't get it open. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Relevancy 34.83%

For some reason XML won't display in my browser.

I was trying to look at http://www.w3schools.com/xsl/cdcatalog_with_xsl.xml because I'm trying to learn to use XML and XSLT and XPATH and whatever else is involved. This xml document is supposed to demonstrate the effect of an xml-stylesheet.

I checked it on one of my other computers, and it comes up as a neat table, like it should. On my computer however, it just displays as the color-coded text of the file.

All my computer software is updated to ultra levels so that's definitely not the problem. Internet Explorer is as high as it goes, see? Windows Update shows nothing important. I already tried installing the newest MSXML Parser (4.0 SP1) from http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=324460&product=msxml#2.

Eh, this computer has so many problems. I should probably just reinstall XP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xml-broke-down.239856/
Relevancy 34.83%

I dont know what happened but I used my sytem restore and i cant get windows to load now. I didnt make any disc or get any with my computer. I turn it on ant get a configuration error massage (code purple) what ever that means. I tried to start it in safemode and it told me that my system was not fully intalled i must run set up i dont know how to do that since i cant get my windows to start can any one help please.

A:i think i broke something

It sounds like part of your operating system is missing. Usually when it asks you to run setup it means for you to put in a operating system disc and reinstall it. From what you said, however, you don't have an operating system disc... did you buy the computer from a store or used or what? If you bought it from a company like HP or Dell you should be able to call technical support and get some recovery discs... if not though, it looks like you'll need to go buy a copy of Windows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-think-i-broke-something.217139/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi, The F5 key broke off my laptop. I still have the key, but it is just a flat surface key without a way to "click" it back on. Can you suggest how I should "glue" it back on so as not to ruin the key or the PC. Thanks for your help.

A:F5 key broke off

maybe a little bit of superglue but be very carful were it goes dont wanna glue a key in down postion or anything.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/f5-key-broke-off.429735/
Relevancy 34.83%

I'm having yet another problem with my playstation 2. its the second time this has happened to me in the last two years. my first ps2 broke after only a year, and now my second is on the fritz with the same problem. when i play DVDs on my system my ps2 makes a clicking sound throughout the whole movie. and some points it begins to make a grinding sound and the movie freezes. it happens on game as well. the last time i took my system in to get it looked at i was told there wasnt anything to be done. now im having the same problem and dont want to have to purchase yet another system. can anyone help me find out what this problem is and wha needs to be done o fix it? thank you

Relevancy 34.83%

I have just taken the cover off my PC and cleaned out all the dust

I took the heatsink off the processor to clean it and re attached it

now my PC keeps shutting down and is saying it is overheating

the fan is on constantly

what have i done?

is it dead?

A:Have I broke my PC?

You should reseat the CPU HSF and apply a fresh coat of thermal paste onto the CPU, first removing any of the old, dried out paste with isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol). A very light coat of paste will be enough.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-i-broke-my-pc.113005/
Relevancy 34.83%

IE runs once OK then fails on any reload after sys restore Suspect root bug dating back to Oct email attach redir to Viagra site Had to repair OS after black screen when sys crashed after removal of USB cable attached to USB hub running HDD Repaired with OEM disc XP SP with MS updates to SP Tried to install IE but failed Had to restore again Need SP for IE Where can I get latest SDFix Had complete description and history of problem but session timed out and lost so here are my logs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor mobile AMD Athlon tm x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card RADEON IGP M Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard PQ A None Antivirus None Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal IE Broke Running processes C IE Broke WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system HPConfig exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS System tcpsvcs exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system carpserv exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files NETGEAR WG SCU Utility Gear exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Documents and Settings David Piper My Documents Downloads Repair HijackThis exe C Program Files Safari Safari exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us l hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http news yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine IPSBHO DLL O - Toolbar hp toolkit - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - C HP EXPLOREBAR HPTOOLKT DLL O - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exe O - HKLM Run CARPService carpserv exe O - HKLM Run Cpqset C Program Files HPQ Default Settings cpqset exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run Display Settings C Program Files HPQ Notebook Utilities hptasks exe s O - HKLM Run AS Gear C Program Files NETGEAR WG SCU Utility Gear exe -hide O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run DWQueuedReporting quot c PROGRA COMMON MICROS DW dwtrig exe quot -t O - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe auto O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce tscuninstall systemroot system tscupgrd exe User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT RunOnce tscuninstall systemroot system tscupgrd exe User Default user O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINDOWS System msjava dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINDOWS System msjava dll O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -... Read more

A:IE Broke

Safari works OK but IE 6 only works once then fails with dialog "....must close."

gmr locks and requires sys restore from black screen, probably due to NAV popup reminder that it is disabled. Do I need to uninstall NAV?

Please help, I need laptop for job search. Thanks.
DDS (Ver_11-03-05.01) - NTFSx86
Run by David Piper at 13:54:33.24 on Sat 03/05/2011
Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600.2.1252.1.1033.18.958.510 [GMT -5:00]
============== Running Processes ===============
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost -k DcomLaunch
svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k WudfServiceGroup
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPConfig.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Engine\17.8.0.5\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\tcpsvcs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\snmp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Engine\17.8.0.5\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\WINDOWS\system32\carpserv.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\Program Files\NETGEAR\WG511SCU\Utility\Gear511.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k HTTPFilter
C:\Program Files\Safari\Safari.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\David Piper\Desktop\dds.scr
============== Pseudo HJT Report ===============
uStart Page = hxxp://news.yahoo.com/
uSearch Bar = hxxp://srch-us8l.hpwis.com
BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class: {06849e9f-c8d7-4d59-b87d-784b7d6be0b3} - c:\program files\adobe\acrobat 5.0\reader\activex\AcroIEHelper.ocx
BHO: Symantec Intrusion Prevention: {6d53ec84-6aae-4787-aeee-f4628f01010c} - c:\program files\norton antivirus\engine\17.8.0.5\IPSBHO.DLL
TB: hp toolkit: {b2847e28-5d7d-4deb-8b67-05d28bcf79f5} - c:\hp\explorebar\HPTOOLKT.DLL
TB: {C4069E3A-68F1-403E-B40E-20066696354B} - No File
EB: {32683183-48a0-441b-a342-7c2a440a9478} - No File
EB: hp toolkit: {8f4902b6-6c04-4ade-8052-aa58578a21bd} - c:\windows\system32\Shdocvw.dll
uRun: [ctfmon.exe] c:\windows\system32\ctfmon.exe
uRun: [MSMSGS] "c:\program files\messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
mRun: [ATIModeChange] Ati2mdxx.exe
mRun: [CARPService] carpserv.exe
mRun: [Cpqset] c:\program files\hpq\default settings\cpqset.exe
mRun: [ATIPTA] c:\program files\ati technologies\ati control panel\atiptaxx.exe
mRun: [Display Settings] c:\program files\hpq\notebook utilities\hptasks.exe /s
mRun: [AS00_Gear511] c:\program files\netgear\wg511scu\utility\Gear511.exe -hide
mRun: [SynTPLpr] c:\program files\synaptics\syntp\SynTPLpr.exe
mRun: [SynTPEnh] c:\program files\synaptics\syntp\SynTPEnh.exe
mRun: [DWQueuedReporting] "c:\progra~1\common~1\micros~1\dw\dwtrig20.exe" -t
mRun: [MSConfig] c:\windows\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto
dRunOnce: [tscuninstall] %systemroot%\system32\tscupgrd.exe
StartupFolder: c:\docume~1\alluse~1\startm~1\programs\startup\micros~1.lnk - c:\program files\microsoft office\office10\OSA.EXE
IE: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - c:\progra~1\micros~3\office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
IE: {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
IE: {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - c:\program files\messenger\msmsgs.exe
IE: {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - c:\windows\system32\msjava.dll
DPF: DirectAnimation Java Classes - file://c:\windows\java\classes\dajava.cab
DPF: Microsoft XML Parser for Java - file://c:\windows\java\classes\xmldso.cab
DPF: {02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B} - hxxp://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab
DPF: {0742B9EF-8C83-41CA-BFBA-830A... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-broke.984161/
Relevancy 34.83%

Ok I had get a psu cuz mine wasn t giving enough power my graphic card quot so I ve heard quot then I gt a broke really what psu by a friend Then I put it in all works well I start installing windows ultimate which I leave complete while I go to soccer practice I return home pc stil running screen off I pressed a key get it out of standby mode this st doesn t work I then keep in the power button this also fails shut down the pc I then pull out the power cable as a last resort I then put what really broke the cable Back what really broke and the quot bang quot orange sparks flew out the power supply and then little bit of smoke Now the psu don t work at all its dead I then connect my old psu which worked b and then the pc switches on without me putting it on Weird thing is I can t put it off my power button don t seem to work anymore I tried other psu all same result it just powers up bt no beeps no dispay no boot just fans spinning quot including the graphic card quot I have the what really broke pc all over the floor now sniffing it bt just the psu smell like smoke the others don t bt on my mobo the something like a small bump on of the black things I really need help I tried explaining this in detail nbsp

A:what really broke

Sounds like the power supply fried the board, at a minimum. If there's actual physical motherboard damage, the power failure could have taken out all the other components as well. You'll have to start replacing parts.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-really-broke.1038328/
Relevancy 34.83%

At home we have a static IP internet connection in order to run a server Over a year ago we dropped the home internet and set up Internet Connection Sharing from the server Windows server SP to a standard wireless g router and connected several ICS broke computers to it wirelessly This has worked fairly well for a while now Today I briefly unplugged the network cable between the server and the router After plugging it back in all devices a win pc a win beta laptop and the android phone I m typing ICS broke this from are unable to connect to the internet though they can still usually connect to the network only without internet access We can t figure out what s wrong When I try to use the diagnosis tool on the server which IS connecting to the internet just fine it says that the connection to the router does not have a valid IP configuration Any ideas Thanks for any and all help Edit donno if this helps but the status of the network connection to the router says IPv connectivity is quot local quot and IPv connectivity is quot Limited quot nbsp

A:ICS broke

try a full powercycle

then have a look at the router and see what ip it has assigned in the DHCP table
also have you reconnected the cable correctly
------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to power cycle

&#8220;power cycle&#8221; process to reboot or reset the modem/router

Switch off all the devices modem, router and computers also unplug their power cables.
Wait at least 30 seconds.
Plug the power cords back in, but don&#8217;t switch them on.
First turn on the modem and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.
Next switch on the router (if a seperate device ) and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.
Now turn on your computer, You should now be able to access the Internet.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ics-broke.1021087/
Relevancy 34.83%

startRep.exe - Application Error
The instrction at 0xfbd0ca referenced memory at 0x24c70f0b
the memory could not be read 

Click on ok terminate the program...

WTF is this and what i need to do?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1de760bf-ac5b-4361-b53a-db57cb0aaf30/pc-broke-down?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi huys n gals, this is probably a stupid question but, can CPUs be fixed if they are broke?

I have a CPU that i bought and it did not work when i went to install it, but when i got it replaced the broken one was not took off me.

I ask this question as i have noticed on places like ebay people sell broken CPUs and the only reason that i can think of why is that they can be fixed.

The problem with it is that the PC does not boot up, there are no beaps it is just dead, there is no burns on the CPU. There are no broken pins on the CPU that i can see either

Hope this is info helps.

Thank you
Mick

Relevancy 34.83%

Well.... ho humm... I really did it this time

One day I shut down my computer. The next day it won't boot past loading the desltop background..... it would load the background and never progress any further. I restarted and this time in safe mode, tried to fix it using what knowledge I had ( ).... no go.

Now, no matter how many times I hit F8 I am not getting the menu to select safe mode :-D The only thing I can do is hit delete and go into the configuring of the computer. Is there any home solution for this or should I take it somewhere?

A:I think I broke it :-D

Start tapping the f8 key as soon as the hard drive starts turning. Keep tapping it until it gives you a choice of how to boot.

What op system are you using?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/29038/i-think-i-broke-it-d/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi My Advise is always quot don t fix it if ain t broke quot That is especially true when it comes to up dating drivers I do how ever like to keep some drivers up dated Graphics being one of them I know the advise is always get your drivers from the manufacture and I agree for the most part However a large number of manufactures stop providing up dates after your PC gets a little older That s why I really like this program If nothing else it gives you some ideas My advise is still quot don t fix it if it ain t broke quot Give this a software a look Then look for your manufacture s drivers and compare what Fix Broke! If Ain't It Don't SlimDrivers finds It has a very good back up Don't Fix It If Ain't Broke! feature It works a little different than the high dollar ones but it gets the job done I have used it on Don't Fix It If Ain't Broke! several occasions and I Don't Fix It If Ain't Broke! find it very helpful to have The rule still stands quot Always check your manufacture for drivers quot Use Slimdrivers to compare with your manufacture Just give it a look You might even like it PS I keep my PC tuned up pretty well You will see in my screen print all my drivers are current Give me your feed back PS I only approve of the first video in this thread by Tim It was the best one I could find and I trust Major Geeks for down loads They don t put PUP s on you and warn you about them nbsp

A:Don't Fix It If Ain't Broke!

I used to use SlimDrivers, I have never had a problem with it so far.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/dont-fix-it-if-aint-broke.38615/
Relevancy 34.83%

as u can see my ms pro due is broke and that's broke my heart because i have much memories in this ms
i can do anything to retrieve pictures from it i can pay i can do anything just tell me is there anything i can do

Relevancy 34.83%

I had an older version of AVG Free AntiVirus installed I rebooted and avg asked me to update to it s new version I downloaded AVG or whatever the new version is installed it rebooted like it said hours later and my computer has fallen to pieces My taskbar was gone I had no sound printers didn t work etc Rebooted again same thing I searched the web for help and found out a temporary solution to this problem To get the taskbar back I terminate explorer exe then open it again The broke 7 AVG XP! services services msc Windows Audio and AVG 7 broke XP! print spooler were not running despite being on automatic load mode In fact a lot of services on automatic mode weren t running anymore I AVG 7 broke XP! have to right click and push start to start them manually then my sound and printer work But this is only a temporary fix upon AVG 7 broke XP! rebooting I lose everything again When I boot up I get an error saying something like AVG Kernel could not be loaded I uninstalled AVG and ran system restore system restore fixed only the task bar and just until I rebooted again I m percent sure these problems started because I installed AVG Why would installing AVG interfere with loading most of my services and the task bar AVG itself appeared to work okay when I installed it it was updating I m thinking probably incorrectly that having the really old AVG installed conflicted with the new one some how I was told to to update months ago but I didn t bother until yesterday nbsp

A:AVG 7 broke XP!

Did you un-install the old version of AVG before installing the new version?

Also I would check on the AVG site and go thru their FAQ's to see if there is anything that can shed some light on your problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/avg-7-broke-xp.582178/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi I have read through the site and tried various solutions and cannot come up with a fix.

Im running xp Service pack 3 build 2600

This is a dell inspiron 1501 laptop

I some how go xp anitvirus 2001 on my computer. I was able to run malwarebytes and it seemed to have removed the virus..but..the problem now is the computer, on start up..just keeps loading over and over and never actually goes into windows. the windows logo appears for a quick sec..flashes the blue screen for a mili-second.. im eventually im left with options.

safe mode
safe mode networking
safe mode command prompt

last known config
start windows normally

the only options that actually get me into windows is doing so by safe mode.

this is where im stuck

any help would be great!!!

A:Boo.. my Xp is Broke :(

startup into safemode with networking. go to,Start/All Programs/Accessories/System RestoreI usually choose a date 1 month back. After the restore, boot back into safe mode with networking. Make sure Malwarebytes is updated with the latest def's and run it agian.Also, I usually disable the XP System Restore before running Malwarebytes. Sometimes the malware gets hidden in the restore points and comes back after reboot. WARNING!!.. This will wipe out all previous restore points.. BE WARNED!!To disable\enable System Restore, right click on My Computer, select Properties, click the System Restore Tab.After reboot, run Malwarebytes just in case. I would install SAS also and run a scan. After you have clean scans with MBAM and SAS, install all latest windows updates and program updates. Also turn System Restore back on if you turned it off previously.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/401162/boo-my-xp-is-broke/
Relevancy 34.83%

When removing a dead CMOS battery, I broke the clip that holds it in place and completes the circut.

AAARRRGG!!!!!

Has anyone ever soldered these things?

Can it be done, Scotty?

A:I BROKE IT

One post per topic please.

Closing duplicate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-broke-it.35254/
Relevancy 34.83%

Since someone downloaded explorer 7, my computer went haywire. Some web sites page is blank, some say no java, quicktime pictures don't show, and in search files just get blue screen no search box. Any ideas. I wanted to rebootwhole thing but do not have original discs.

A:help, everything broke

Welcome,

Just go to Control Panel and then Add/Remove Programs and uninstall Explorer 7 and re Start the PC.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-everything-broke.526547/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi My dad's PC recently went out so I went to take a look at It. Now he pretty clean with his PC but he not to tech savy when it comes to components. When I went to look at it I noticed there was a green Little light and it was flashing on and off. Does that mean the PSU is bad ? or did the motherboard fry.

If its the PSU may some one suggest me to a cheap one as his computer is nothing more than a surfing the web out dated XP pc.

Its a 2005 compaq.

PSU model is Bestec ATX-250 -12z Dev2. Any help would be obliged on upgrading it or if its not the case just why it might of gone out.

A:Is the PSU broke ?

Is the flashing green light on the motherboard? Some OEM power supplies have a green indicator light on them too.

This could be as simple as replacing the CMOS battery on the motherboard. Or if you have a tester, you could check to see if it is giving the full voltage.

Otherwise I think you are correct: failed PS.
As for PS recommendations, it would be good to know the computer's specs. But as long as you get the proper connectors, any PS in the 300 to 500w variety from reputable manufacturers would do for a PC that isn't loaded down with power hungry devices. Sites like Antec have a calculator you can use.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/128533-psu-broke.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I have an older PC that I use to mess around with and broke? HDD play games on HDD broke? on my lcd tv I installed a new graphics card and it was working find for a while Now the HDD won t spin i used to hear it spinning and working before I didn t do anything in particular to cause this that I know of and tried messing with everything I could possibly think of I plugged in a bunch of HDD broke? different combos from my PS and I can t figure out where the problem is When I start up the PC is has the sony loading screen then goes to a black screen that says insert boot media and press any key I was able to push f and get it to options to boot from Cd Floppy and sony HD not sure what the exact name was but it still won t work Think its kaput How can I run a diagnostics on it to check I do not have an extra HDD to test it out tho PS If I do need to buy a new HDD I would like to know which would work in my specific PC and how to transfer my info from the old to the new I can recover my games and files but Im more worried about having to buy an OS all over again for an aging computer Sorry for the novel Just trying to put out evrything I can think of PC is a Sony Viao http esupport sony com US perl model-documents pl mdl PCVRS G gb ram SB xfi Sapphire AGP card Win xp nbsp

A:HDD broke?

You can buy and install any major brand of a hard drive, as they are not specific to certain computer makes. But what is important is whether your motherboard supports only IDE PATA type drives, or SATA type, since it is a older PC, most likely it's a IDE. Here is a bootable diagnostic CD; http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/ , and this bootable disk can be created if you have a real XP CD; http://ubcd4win.com/index.htm Also if your video card is too power hungry, it may over load the original power supply unit. Try connecting that hard drive into another computer to test it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hdd-broke.872319/
Relevancy 34.83%

Internet Explorer used to work Then I installed a IE I 10 broke bunch of stuff and it does not work anymore I went to MS website and they had I broke IE 10 some suggestions - tried them all and it now works in Metro and ONLY if I make it my default browser Still won t work in desktop mode even if it is the default browser I broke IE 10 Funny thing I created a new user for my wife and IE works fine in both Metro and Desktop when I log in as her I thought that the resetting IE back to all the default settings one of the instructions from the MS website was on how to reset IE to its default settings so I did that and it still only worked in Metro for me and then only when the default browser I use Chrome as my default browser and hardly used IE anyway I am not comfortable with IE in Metro mode so broken hearted that it is unavailable to me It is just a little bothersome that this new system has a key element that does not work I don t know how long it was broke so can t pin point what change may have done it in Downloaded Firefox - but it failed to load Have not tried to make it work I will not be making IE my default browser so if that is the only solution I m sticking with Chrome For email I use Gmail mostly and MS Outlook synchronized to my office email Why did MS stop including Outlook with their basic office suite I m glad Windows supported my old Outlook program I have about contacts in my phone that I could sync to Outlook on this system I did not like it when MS made me create a Hotmail or Live email account to sign into the app store but I created one Only going to use it for Windows log in and for the app store and not for any emailing Wonder how long before spam starts to show up in my live account Anyone else have the same experience

A:I broke IE 10

When I install Chrome it make disappear the IE 10 Metro , this is normal as the Google is setup as default, they are a way to fix it, I see it some place , I gone try to find it, but another member will probably jump on it before ......
EDIT FOUND it, but it will remove your Google as default

check the post of Brink :

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...ndows-8-a.html

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/12431-i-broke-ie-10-a.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi im new to the forums I was something. I broke i think told that i could probably have some of my questions answered on here so here it gos I was overclocking my videocard the other day x pro mb from sapphire When i tried to up I think i broke something. the ram my vidcard frizzed out and i had to reboot When i rebooted all I think i broke something. my games had no real vizualizations the screens where all Blurring with no solid forms on them I uninstalled my card reinstalled and took off ATITool which was my overclocking software Now all of my games run half the fps they did and even when i turn down the graphics to nilch they are getting the same crappy frames Even some of my movies look like a rainbow all RGB spectrum is what it looks like Either way i hope somebody can give me some sort of answer besides get a new vid card p FSB gig pc gb WD hdd RPM gb Maxtor RPM POS ati x Pro mb nbsp

A:I think i broke something.

overclocking will burn out cards, memory, and CPUs. This a risk you take when overclocking.

I NEVER recommend overclocking. I learned the hard way.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-think-i-broke-something.47790/
Relevancy 34.83%

Properties does not funtion when right clicked in SECURITIES. System Restore isnt found anywhere, the folders for Administrative Tools, and System Tools are both showing as empty. Search from Start Menu is not working... After my mission to control what people are doing on my computer when I'm not home. I didnt heed, or read the warnings that popped up. I had zero discretion and I broke it. After viewing the defaults..i messed up, BIG!
I tried making changes to the Properties by several other methods, suggested by various websites but to no avail. I keep getting the same error messages the majority of the time. The most common one says something about being disabled or no enabled devices, something...something 1078. I get an error message that is: 0x800106ba That shows up at startup. My poor computer is just broken! Help? Anyone, anyone? Beuller, anyone?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-broke-it-489225.html
Relevancy 34.4%

hey i got a sandisk e250 and i dont know how to fix it HELP PLEASE

A:screen broke

u need to email sandisk and ask if they repair their players....... the thing only retails for 79 bucks so it might be cheaper to get a new one

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-broke.690751/
Relevancy 34.4%

I used to have a 5.0 explorer. Suddenly, I don't know when or what happened, when I click on a link to open up a Java applet, nothing happen. I can't open up a Java applet. For the windows media 6.4, when I play mpeg files, the sounds play just fine but the picture just won't budge. I could move the pointer but that's not the point. Please help me. I gave up.

I updated to 5.5 and reinstalled windows media but it still doesn't fix. probably one of the files are broken but I'm not sure which.

Thanks in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-ie5-5-and-windowsmedia-6-4-broke.36320/
Relevancy 34.4%

I have a Fujifilm S5000 which has been working great. I put it up after XMas and when I pulled it out of the case this weekend, the display only shows white even if the lens cap is still on. Also, the pictures that are taken are also all white. Lighting doesnt seem to make a difference. What could be wrong? Is it easy to fix? Should I just look into a new camera?

A:Camera broke?

The CCD (or related circuit board) is kaput ... time to move on

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/camera-broke.679054/
Relevancy 34.4%

I set my laptop down on my bed and my computer froze so i restarted the computer and know the laptop makes the clicking noise like its broken. It detects the hd in bios but wont let me put infgormation on it. Its a gateway solo 9550 with an ibm travelstar hd 20 gb why would it break so easily

A:Laptop HD Broke

Hard drives fail. It just happens. Sometimes they fail after a few months, sometimes not for a few years. I can guarantee that gently setting it on the bed did not cause it to fail. Laptops are more prone to failure because they're moved around so much more than a desktop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-hd-broke.384644/
Relevancy 34.4%

Today after a good day I messed someone s laptop pretty Laptop A I Broke bad She s a really good friend of mine and I have no idea how to compensate her for doing this I was getting a book on the floor it slipped out my fingers i tried to catch it but that propelled it farther and hit my friend s laptop on the keyboard not bad then the book hit the SCREEN I cussed out and i never cuss When i first looked at it the screen picture was cracked about half a inch She told me it was okay a precious laptop to her Then about a min later it just turned OFF I thought some kid disconnected the power supply but in the end it was my Fault I feel like an a and an idiot it was a stupid book She says she not quot mad quot at me but she be feeling I Broke A Laptop sad inside I m only in highschool and I can t pay her Is there any fix at all or solution Thanks for I Broke A Laptop the help Wish me good luck I Broke A Laptop I see her tomorrow again Edit It look like a Sony Vaio Laptop I was to a shamed to take a look at it Also it was like a lb child hard cover book nbsp

Relevancy 34.4%

HI everyone I have been having a lot of trouble with my computer lately When I try to click on certain links like quot reply quot in an my I computer :( broke email from my university account or links to articles on my class websites my screen I broke my computer :( just flashes like it wants to go to the link but then the same screen I was on will just stay up Other links work just fine I have run ad-aware spy-bot search and destroy and I use No-Ads Nothing seems to be working A friend told me to run a program called quot Hijack This quot and then post the results on here for some help If anyone could PLEASE help me I would really appreciate it a lot Someone suggested that I just clear my hard drive and reinstall windows but I am not anxious to do that because I have a cd burner scanner and some ATI thing to hook my computer and TV together that I am not sure where the CD s are to reinstall the software after it has been erased So if anyone could help me fix my computer that would be fantastic Becky Here is the log from my computer Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System PackethSvc exe C Program Files compaq Compaq Advisor bin compaq-rba exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodSrv exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS system msCMTSrvc exe c Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB evntsvc exe C Program Files COMPAQ Easy Access Button Support StartEAK exe C PROGRA NORTON navapw exe C WINDOWS kwjayibj exe C Program Files syslaunch exe C Program Files Common files updater wupdater exe C Compaq EAKDRV EAUSBKBD EXE C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe c progra intern iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files NoAds NoAds exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Compaq Easy Access Button Support CPQEADM EXE C PROGRA Compaq EASYAC BttnServ exe C WINDOWS System pnrpnsp exe C Documents and Settings Becky Meyer Desktop Hijack This HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http store presario net scripts redirectors presario storeredir dll s consumerfav amp c c amp lc R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http store presario net scripts redirectors presario storeredir dll s consumerfav amp c c amp lc R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www onmtknioxdolmfisf uk VpM hn goYJHuWbUYQV Sn CknvT HJthghXBK Ihx html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Compaq R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard Shellnext http www paypopup com loading ph tp www rhinothumbs com pops index php try R - URLSearchHook IncrediFindBHO Class - D FF - BE- -B C - BB A - C PROGRA INCRED BHO INCFIN DLL N - Netscape user pref quot browser startup homepage quot quot http www dfljwiseduvbc net VpMi aYPAJohrvrUVCM yq pA bGSJSKLMnIaHWmHSY html quot nuser pref quot browser startup page quot C Documents and Settings Becky Meyer Application Data Mozilla Profiles default hpxrcvzf slt prefs js O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion ycomp dll O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - C BA - DE- EDD- -B F CAD D - no file O - BHO NavErrRedir Class - D FF - BE- -B C - BB A - C PROGRA INCRED BHO INCFIN DLL O - BHO no name - AF - - - - DCC B B - C DOCU... Read more

A:I broke my computer :(

Open your browser; Click the View menu; Point to Encoding; Ensure Auto-select is ticked and that Western Eropean (Windows) is selected on all open browser windows; Then close those browser windows foir changes to take effect. Your posts are hard to read otherwise.

Your HijackThis log shows you are not running a firewall. If you are not computing behind a firewall-embedded network router enable ICF immediately:

To turn on the WinXP Internet Connection Firewall (ICF):

- On the taskbar at the bottom of your screen, click Start, and then click Control Panel.

- Click the Network and Internet Connections category. (If the Network and Internet Connections is not visible, click Switch to Category View under Control Panel on the left side of the Control Panel window.)

- Click Network Connections.

- Right-click the Dial-up, LAN, or High-Speed Internet connection that you use to connect to the Internet, and then click Properties from the shortcut menu.

- On the Advanced tab, under Internet Connection Firewall, select Protect my computer and network, and then click OK. The Windows XP firewall is now enabled.

Click the colored link below to do the on-line Panda AV scan second.

How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows XP

The information in this article applies to:
Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6 for Windows XP
Microsoft Outlook Express 6.0 for Windows XP

IMPORTANT: This article contains information about modifying the registry. Before you modify the registry, make sure to back it up and make sure that you understand how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For information about how to back up, restore, and edit the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Q256986 Description of the Microsoft Windows Registry
SUMMARY

This article describes how to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer 6 and Outlook Express 6 in Windows XP. You must do this if you are having problems with Internet Explorer or Outlook Express because of damaged files or missing registration information.

IMPORTANT: After you use the procedures in this article, you must reinstall any updates to Windows XP again. To reinstall Windows XP updates, visit the following Microsoft Windows Update Web site:
http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/
MORE INFORMATION

WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

To resolve this issue, use either of the following methods while you are logged on as an administrator.

Method 1: Reinstall or Repair Windows XP
To repair or reinstall Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows XP, complete the following procedure while you are logged on as an administrator:

Use the System File Checker tool to scan all of the protected files on your computer:

Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type sfc /scannow, and then click OK. Note that you may be prompted to insert the Windows XP installation CD-ROM.

Test to determine if the issue is resolved. If the issue is resolved, skip the remaining steps. If the issue is not resolved, continue to the next step.

Complete an in-place upgrade of Windows XP, a repair of Windows XP, or reinstall Windows XP. For additional information about how to complete an in-place upgrade or repair of Windows XP, view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

Q315341 How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade (Reinstallation) of Windows XP

Method 2: Edit the Registry and Install Internet Explorer 6
While you are logged on as an administrator, click Start, and then click Run.

In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
Locate the appropriate registry subkey, right-click the IsInstalled (REG_DWORD) value, and then click Modify. To reinstall only the I... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-broke-my-computer.266062/
Relevancy 34.4%

Okay so I was fiddling with my registry using some tips from TweakXP and in the process I seemed to have broken I can't on! now my and I log broke registry Help! something which prevents me from logging on again My account is the only account on the computer aside from the Guest account and when I try to log into my account I get the following error message SAS window winlogon exe - Application Error The instruction at quot Help! I broke my registry and now I can't log on! x de e quot referenced memory at quot x e quot The required data was not placed into memory because of an I O error status of xc a quot Click on OK to terminate the program Click on CANCEL to debug the program I ve tried using the Recovery Console via booting from an XP disk but other than the commands listed on the HELP menu I can t appear to get into anything I ve tried getting into things like gpedit msc in order to allow stuff and I can t get into it because quot access is denied quot I tried this fix http support microsoft com kb kb But I can t get into it for the same reason- access denied I can t get in using any form of Safe Mode I can t use the Guest account and I can t Use Last Good Known Configuration either I have no way in The only thing I seem to be left with is a very limit recovery console Bottom line is I want to know a way of restoring my registry to default using the recovery console because I can t appear to find my way in Can somebody please help me I feel suicidal Any help appreciated nbsp

A:Help! I broke my registry and now I can't log on!

Running System Restore from the Recovery Console
http://searchwincomputing.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid68_gci1167895,00.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-i-broke-my-registry-and-now-i-cant-log-on.621623/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi guys before I go out and spend a small fortune on a new card my Is card broke? I thought I'd ask here I have an nvidia gts mb card the problem I'm having is that a few week back my screen started to get a green haze all over it it was just on and off at first but then it came on and stayed on I unplugged the cable at the back of the PC and tried it in the other plug on the back of the graphics card It worked the screen went back to normal I just assumed it had been lose on the other plug Yesterday whilst playing a game my PC froze up and some of the colours in the game were distorted and there were white arrows all over my screen I have tried the following to see if it would help- Rolling back the drivers Uninstalling all the drivers and putting the latest ones in A system restore from two weeks back Tested other games and it's the same on them Virus and spyware scan nothing found Made sure all cables were tight and that there was no dust inside the case Non of the above worked I have attached a couple of pictures so you can see what I am getting PS On vista bit premium Thanks in advance for any help UPDATE Now it's doing the same and locking up with just my desktop on At least before I could use everything else

A:Is my card broke?

i'm thinking it is...

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/261168-my-card-broke.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I need my contacts and information They are currently in a database on the business Server as Access using Workgroup Security The security links 97 Access Broke are broken on this database there is no way to get them back I only need the information for contact management I am waiting for a new database to be launched but it will not be soon enough Everything at some point will go into a database called Mactive In the meantime a suggestion has been made to import the database into the a Access 97 Broke shared public contact folder in Exchange This does not seem to me to be the most efficient temporary solution I am in sales and need this information easily Access 97 Broke accessible to me and the ability to sort the information by different criteria Anyone have a better temporary solution that will provide me access to the information I need yet still not add difficulty in importing the data into Mactive once it is launched Thank you in advance for any suggestions you may provide Jody nbsp

Relevancy 34.4%

My computer crushed today when I was running a game Can anybody help me out broke System down!Need help! Thanks a lot Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE D PROGRA WINZIP winzip exe C Documents and Settings Local Settings Temp HijackThis exe O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - E Program Files NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - E Program Files NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD quot D Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe quot O - HKLM Run EssSpkPhone essspk exe O - System broke down!Need help! HKLM Run USRpdA C WINDOWS SYSTEM USRmlnkA exe RunServices Device cpipe-USRpdA O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run Advanced Tools Check E PROGRA AdvTools ADVCHK EXE O - HKLM Run RealTray C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER O - HKLM Run DAEMON Tools- quot D Program Files D-Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk D Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Global Startup AOL Tray Icon lnk E Program Files AOL aoltray exe O - Extra context menu item amp Download with amp DAP - D PROGRA DAP dapextie htm O - Extra context menu item Download amp all with DAP - D PROGRA DAP dapextie htm O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res D PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button kele HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem kele HKLM O - Extra button Joyo HKLM O - Extra button PowerWord HKLM O - Extra button Real com HKLM O - Extra button Messenger HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Messenger HKLM O - DPF F C AA- B- -BA - A BB F Update Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft com CAB x unicode iuctl CAB O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs flash swflash cab nbsp

A:System broke down!Need help!

Did you get any error messages? Does your machine work now, after restart? What game were you running? Was it downloaded? If so, was it scanned for viruses?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-broke-down-need-help.189652/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi guys Basically this is my problem My laptop windows XP pro prompts me on start up to press ctlr alt del before it allows me to put my username and password to access windows Now when i press ctrl-alt-del broke PLEASE HELP is CTRL-ALT-DEL nothing happens so i cant get to the box to enter my log on details and get into windows This is what I have tried different ctrl-alt-del methods only one del button so i am assuming that del is CTRL-ALT-DEL is broke PLEASE HELP broken plugged in USB keyboard but it wont work there are no PS ports on laptop to use either I am guessing since windows isnt initiated then USB ports CTRL-ALT-DEL is broke PLEASE HELP wont respond booting in Safe mode CTRL-ALT-DEL is broke PLEASE HELP doesnt bypass the ctrl-alt-del screen tried installing a new laptop keyboard but too difficult to get out tried XP recovery but i cant press numbers to select Windows XP so im guessin the number keys dont work either Please dont say disable ctrl-alt-del prompt in control panel because I cant get into windows at all Is there anyway to get past the ctrl-alt-del using software of some sort I know my log in details so all i need to do is bypass ctrl-alt-del screen Please help guys nbsp

Relevancy 34.4%

http://www.maxitmag.com/images/stories/reviews/asus/striker/asus-striker-big.jpg

it looks like one of those very small pins with the red side and has:
1f
1.5v
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/3258/asusstrikerbigcq6.jpg

i knocked it off trying to take a side panel off to install my sound card.

computer is working fine right now. THANK GOD it didnt fully destroy the motherboard.. atleast for now.

What will happen? am i fine? HELP!

A:HELP! broke something off my mobo!

It's a capacitor, used for smoothing supply voltages. If they are through-mount (the pins go right through the motherboard), then any electronics guy can replace it or solder the old one back.

Your mobo could keep on working without any issues too. Perhaps you are not using the component whose power supply the cap was taking care of or maybe the power is smooth enough and doesn't need the filter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-broke-something-off-my-mobo.91588/
Relevancy 34.4%

MY op system is xp Whne i do a search in google and click a link i get redircted to another website also get pop ups Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files CTAudSvc exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy broke is browser my mcproxy exe C my browser is broke PROGRA my browser is broke McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Electronic Arts Medal of Honor Airborne UnrealEngine MOHAGame my browser is broke pb PnkBstrA exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system CTXFIHLP EXE C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files CyberLat CyberLat RAM Cleaner CyberLat Ram Cleaner exe C Program Files Logitech G G exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM CTXFISPI EXE C Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Smee Application Data mjusbsp magicJack exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll file missing O - BHO XML module - BCA - A - eaf- - C B D - C WINDOWS system msxml dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan scriptsn dll O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVG AVG AVGTOO DLL file missing O - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVG AVG AVGTOO DLL file missing O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run CTxfiHlp CTXFIHLP EXE O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Ad-Watch C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run CyberLat Ram Cleaner C Program Files CyberLat CyberLat RAM Cleaner CyberLat Ram Cleaner exe O - HKLM Run Logitech G C Program Files Logitech G G exe O - HKLM Run mcagent exe quot C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe quot runkey O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run cdloader quot C Do... Read more

A:my browser is broke

Did I not give enough information ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-browser-is-broke.847170/
Relevancy 34.4%

Aight so I've been trying to figure out this whole password protection of network shares on win xp pro, and nothing's worked so I just keep clicking on everything in sight, and I think what I did last was to deny the Users group all access to this one folder.

So now, logged in as admin, I can't even access it. Which is bad because this lady at work needs to get to the files and I was trying to help her out but I think I made things worse.. She even brought me donuts today because I've been helping her out so much, and now I'm just going to feel guilty eating them- I mean, I'll still eat them, but who wants to eat a guilt-tainted donut?

Any tips on getting around this would be very greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Kyle

A:ah jeez, i think i broke it

... stretch the troubleshooting out all day and you'll get a free lunch and free dinner too// or better yet begrudgingly eat the donuts with a smile or she'll know something is very wrong , just kidding.... What exactly did you click alot of, and what error message actually did show up there [you said 'you think']?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ah-jeez-i-think-i-broke-it.310514/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hiya, My laptop was cutting out whilst I was in the middle of essays, movies etc and so I was advised to re-boot the system.
I followed the instructions and as I was carrying out the "windows destruction" via the 'Techguys' program.. the laptop cut out.
The stage I was up to was it had re-installed vista and was finalising the installation (?)
Now, when I turn the laptop on, it says "Bootmsg missing, press ctrl + alt + del" and when I do this, the same thing happens.
It is an E:System laptop
Intel celeron 530
1.73 GHz
1024MB 80GB
Windows Vista
what else do I need to put on here?

Please Help!

Relevancy 34.4%

This is an old Compaq ARMADA 7792DMT running Windows 95. It came with a writing program by Sun Microsystems, called Star Office 5.2.
My battery went out a few months ago so the slightest power failure can cause an improper shut down. This happened this afternoon as I was closing the program.
Unfortunately, the CD ROM cartridge was installed instead of the flopy, so I didn't make a backup when the scanner fixed some errors. I just now tried to open the StarOffice program. It can't get past the logo display. I have three questions.

How can I close the program?

Can someone direct me to a safe place to download a new copy? I found a free copy with a google search but thought you might know of a safer site.

Will I need to uninstall the old copy before installing the new?
Thanks!

Relevancy 34.4%

did thermalright go out of business? i want to buy their ultra 120 extreme, but i cant find it anywhere on the net.

A:THERMALRIGHT broke?

Hello Chris,

I found one here at Xoxide, but using Let me google that for you, you can see if one of them may have a better deal.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/270858-thermalright-broke.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I had a remote access person mess up my computer.  I thought I was talking to NETGEAR tech support but wasn't.  I pulled the internet connection when I figured out what was going on, but probably too late.  I have run Advanced system Care Pro 9 and then exited that and ran Norton Internet security to remove all that could be found.  Everything seems to work now, except my wifi adapter can not be identified by the setup software.  I bought a new NETGEAR A6210 but it still won't see the adapter.  I can install the adapter on another PC and it works fine.  Netgear tech support could not resolve the problem.  I tried a NETGEAR A4100 and saw the same result.  I am running Windows 7 Pro 64. I ran HIJACKTHIS but don't see anything obvious.  

Does anyone have a suggestion?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603171/my-computer-broke/
Relevancy 34.4%

Help My computer fell down and it won t boot-up My computer froze up so I had to do a hard power down when Broke I Baby My it came back up it went into some kind of fixing mode that I ve never seen before A blue screen with endless duplicate file deletions I Broke My Baby happening It took several minutes and finally just quit doing anything more Basically it froze too After another hard boot the operating system seems like its going to load then before a desktop comes up I get the message WINLOGON EXE BAD IMAGE DLL C windows system shell dll Not a valid windows image add or replace the dll file from the operating disc It has an OK button after I hit OK another screen comes up after a bit saying User Interface Failure The logon user interface DLL msgina dll failed to load replace or restore original dll It then has a button to restart the computer when I hit that button the computer restarts and goes back to the original winlogon exe bad image message to infinitum I tried in safe mode to no avail it continues the same pattern I ve made my cdrom drive the first boot drive in bios disabling the seek floppy setting then re booted with I Broke My Baby the xp disc in the cd tray hoping it would try to repair itself but no go How can I get to a place where I can replace that dll file I have the operating disc but don t see an opportunity to apply it Any help would be appreciated I am running xp with service pack with I Broke My Baby no previous problems nbsp

Relevancy 34.4%

I had upgraded to Windows 10 a year ago. A few months ago my PC broke down, either Motherboard, or CPU, not sure. Maybe both. I am using a friend's parts for now but I'll soon buy new (hopefully). What I need is to help me activate my Windows 10. I do have an MS account but as far as I remember it was not linked to my W10. My PC stopped working before the latest update so I can' t use "troubleshooting" in Settings>Update and Security>Activation. I would also like to know if I will be able to activate my windows again after I repair/replace my CPU and MoBo. Thanks

A:My cpu/MB broke down and while using another set I cannot activate my W10. Can you help me ?

If you had enabled on your MSA they will re-activate if you phone in and say you had to change your hardware.
If you have a W7/W8 key then apparently that still works to activate W10.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434303-my-cpu-mb-broke-down-while-using-another-set-i-cannot-activate-my-w10-can-you-help-me.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi all,

My laptop (a P4 2,4GHz) started giving me the following error

"For realtek RTL8139(A/B/C)RTL8130 PCI FAST ETHERNET CONTROLLER v2.12 (010425)

PXE-61: media test failure, check cable
PXE-MOF: Exiting PXE ROM

Intel undi, PXE-2.0 (build 082)
copyright (c) 1997-2000 Intel corporation."

I already checked the boot order and it was correct. When I used a bootable scandisk to check for errors it finished emediately since my hard drive wasn't found. Using a bootable windows disk didn't work either since I had to create a partition on my HD to install it ... without finding one it seems like an impossible task.

If I buy myself a new HD to place in my laptop would I be able to install it then (referring to both the harddrive and the windows)

Thanks a lot in advance!!!

A:HD broke, possible to place a new one?

When your computer attempts to boot from the network adapter, it means the boot sequence is wrong or the hard drive is not bootable.

Why is not bootable?

Well, it could be bad. It could be missing an operating system, file system / boot sector.

In the BIOS, does it recognize the hard disk?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hd-broke-possible-to-place-a-new-one.629303/
Relevancy 34.4%

ok well here it goes i caught a virus spyware and my explorer exe kept messing up coming on then off and at some stage it just wouldnt come back now i was Broke PC urgently need is help lazy and couldnt be bothered to fix it at that stage and used task manager to run all the programs do all the stuff i wanted also when i tried to use Iexplore it would tell me i got big problems and need to buy and download IE Antivirus my guess is spyware so i tryed to fix it with anti virus and anti spyware but PC is Broke urgently need help it left it too late so then i tryed to put win xp back on it to which i noticed i PC is Broke urgently need help got Win Pro not home and i was tring a home CD copy as when i bought the computer i didnt get a Win PC is Broke urgently need help XP CD with it and cant afford to buy one so now when i start comp i get options Win XP Pro and a setup the setup dont work says i am missing a file and when i load win xp pro it will work for secs if even that then im just left with background and also i cant access task manager either so im kinda screwed and need help as i said i havent got Win XP CD and all my attempts to get a quot copy quot online failed what can i do nbsp

A:PC is Broke urgently need help

You can buy a legitimate copy of Windows, format the disk, and install Windows.

EDIT: Your PC retailer may still be able to sell you the Windows CD for a nominal fee.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-is-broke-urgently-need-help.744353/
Relevancy 34.4%

I have a gateway PC and am running windows XP. I was going to install a new sound card. I took off the side of the computer and looked inside. I played around with the old sound card and took it out and put it back in. I decided to try the computer again before installing the new sound card now when I start the computer it seems to turn on but the monitor just keeps showing the monitor check. I've tried turning it on and off, unplugging it, and anything else I may try. Nothing is working. Please help. I need my computer.

Thanks
Linnie

Relevancy 34.4%

sigh Outlook was working just fine IMAP broke with gMail for a long time I use several different accounts some are google sites email accounts too IMAP broke not that those IMAP broke are really different but Google is funny sometimes Any I broke it I had accidentally turned off IMAP on gMail had POP on and IMAP on and then went back to turn IMAP on So now my setting appear to be what they were but Outlook spends a long time synchronizing on this account and the latest messages since I toggled IMAP are not coming into my Outlook inbox even though I can go to Google and see them on the web I have tried REPAIRing the outlook account settings What I was surprised to find was that it claimed I could not save any updates to the account claiming that quot The account name is already being used Choose another name quot After resesarching this on the web people seemed to claim this quot name quot made no difference so I have tried letting it have a new name but all the other settings the same Still no change in behavior Now Outlook take several minutes to sync this ONE account of many and it still does not pick up the emails of the last couple days I can see the email logging onto the web but these are not being downloaded by Outlook Two more notes I have serveral accounts all configured similarly only this one which I updated is giving me grief Examples admin thisdomain com admin thatdomain com admin anotherdomain com All are google apps accounts running gmail All use POP and IMAP under the gMail settings All are configured similiarly and using the same ports under Outlook The other interesting aspect is this unexpected 'account name' problem I have gone into the account configuration where name could not be saved and as mentioned changed it to name Out of curiosity I went back and tried to change name to name but still get the error see above I can change the name to name I can change name back to name but not to name I have no idea why Outlook thinks name is already in use Something is sticking around that I cannot see in the configuration How do I resolve the synch problem so that I can at least get my recent email in Outlook THANKS

Relevancy 34.4%

The 'p' key broke off my Dell Inspiron 2500 laptop. I'm currently pasting the p in this message. Is there anyway to fix this. The little metal part underneath broke but the base is okay. Can I do this or will I have to buy a new keyboard and have it installed?