Windows Support Forum

Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0 - making it smoother?

Q: Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0 - making it smoother?

My razer deathadder recently died and I couldn't afford another one, so I went for something cheaper

I got the intellimouse 3.0 and i'm not too impressed

I have the pointer speed set on the fastest setting, but when you are moving the pointer around slowly it jerks in increments of of a millimetre or so, and its quite frustrating when gaming, especially in sniper situations

Is there any way to make it smoother?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0 - making it smoother?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0 - making it smoother?

If you haven't already, install the intellipoint driver. Although the mouse will work using the native Windows driver, you will have fuller use of its capabilities if you install the latest driver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-intellimouse-3-0-making-it-smoother.151804/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello,

I have an old laptop, with an Intel Pentium T4400, and this machine is used mainly for web surfing and minimal stuff like that. But what's annoying is that it's not running as smooth as for example my new machine with core i5. Is there a way to make it run smoother / faster? like over clocking it a bit so it will be safe? or any other tweaks?

*When I say smooth I don't mean like running heavy applications, I am talking about: for example that the mouse movement on desktop will be smoother etc.

It has 3GB RAM as well. Intel GMA graphics or something like that

Thanks!

A:Making an old laptop run smoother like with newer CPUs?

Dor a Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 with the Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit that you already have.

If you follow it properly (Specially the step 12) it will give you the maximum performance that is possible with your computer.

Overclocking makes the games etc run faster, but it does not have a very positive bearing on jobs like mouse movement. It depends on the mouse. USB mouse works smoother than PS/2, a little bit.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/363246-making-old-laptop-run-smoother-like-newer-cpus.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi,
I have installed a game called "Real War" into my compaq @ 476 mhz and 20GB HD... The full install is 650MB and the game still plays slow sometimes and the actions of the mouse are delayed a good part of the time... I originally only did a minimal install with the comp reading from the CD ROM and that was slow so I figured it would be alot better doing a full 650MB install, but the actions arent much better... Any advice on what to do to make the game play smoother and have faster mouse actions per se???
Thanks.

Relevancy 64.07%

Mouse is 5-6 years old: "erratic movements"

This USB mouse runs off a 4-port BUS-powered USB Hub. Within the last week or so, the mouse jumps around erratically. I've tried it attached directly to my Sony notebook's USB with the same effect, so it does not seem to be the problem--though I am considering getting a hub with external power.

Any idea? I've got a new Logitech G3 ordered, so I can say goodbye to it if I have to...

Relevancy 63.64%

A friend gave me a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer yesterday so I plugged it into my systems USB port the light came on see pic but I can t move the cursor I can click and use the wheel but that s it I ve tried all sorts of things at the moment I have my old mouse cordless PS amp the [SOLVED] Microsoft Intellimouse USB USB Intellimouse both plugged in the [SOLVED] Microsoft USB Intellimouse cordless works fine but as I said I can click with the other some of the things I have tried -Deleting the cordless mouse and starting the system up with only the Intellimouse -Deleting the USB and letting it re-detect that and the mouse -Just starting the system with the Intellimouse without deleting anything The Intellimouse shows up in the mouse section of the control panel I m running XP Home Ed but I simply can t move the cursor I actually thought that the mouse was ment to have lights under it but I m not sure my guess is that the camera in the mouse is dead my friend didn t know if it worked or not but I just want to make sure before I dispose of it Could it be worth trying it using a USB to PS coverter With the picture that should appear with this post I have put a red box around where it lights up nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

Does anyone know if microsoft will ever release a Serial version of their IntelliMouse Optical? Yes, it's sad, I only have a serial port, and nobody seems to make mice that are compatiable with it(they're all USB and/or PS/2).

------------------
Take a mega-byte out of my mega-chip!

A:Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical

I'm not sure about this, but i think it'd be tehnologically impossible to make a Serial optical mouse. I don't thinik the Serial Port would be fast enough.

------------------
Just remember, i could be wrong.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-intellimouse-optical.33501/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi all, my computer is all fine and dandy now. Yea! Except for one thing.. I just went out and bought an Intellimouse optical and I installed it. It works and all except the two little side buttons. In the quickstart guide it lets me choose the mouse as the Intellimouse Optical but it only tells about it. Then in the Intellipoint software v4.0 it doesn't have the option to choose intellimouse opt only intellimouse. I'm thinking of downloading v4.1 but it has LOTS of bad reviews. What do i do?

A:Microsoft intellimouse optical

I had trouble with the cd that came with my last one, ended up downloading the newer version, that one worked. 4.1 I beleive

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-intellimouse-optical.71181/
Relevancy 63.64%

I tried to contact Microsoft Tech Support but they wouldn't help me since I was out of the 90 days for Free Tech support, go figure! Anyhow, I keep getting an Error 1101 when I install the software for this mouse. It says the following: Error reading from file c:\windows\TEMP\_isA164\1033.MST

How can I resolve this error so I can use the full capability of this mouse?

A:Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical

What OS are you using?

And what mouse were you using before? Does that one still work?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-intellimouse-optical.121393/
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer - about 2-3 years old. Today it
has frozen twice - I just wondered if it was wearing out - or what do you
think? Why would it suddenly freeze twice in one day?

Judy

Relevancy 63.64%

I was given a USB intellimouse explorer, that didn't seem to work properly and now doesn't work at all. The problem that I have is that the red LED that lights up the camera piece doesn't work any more. if I replace the LED do you think I would have to replace it with one of the same colour?, or just use any colour?
the only thing that I can think of that I can do is to take the one from the back of the mouse that works without a problem and then put it where the other one is.
Any suggestions are welcome, as my cordless mouse is really annoying me!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-microsoft-intellimouse-explorer-3.89440/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi this is my first post here I have just installed a Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer under Windows ME and Im having many problems After install it runs something cordless Intellimouse Microsoft called hidserv With hidserv Microsoft Intellimouse cordless running it unloads my other USB devices my scanner and printer Hidserv is loaded weather I use the instellipoint software that came with the mouse or not The only Microsoft Intellimouse cordless way I can get my scanner and printer loaded again is to completly uninstall the mouse and software and delete the file hidserv exe off my system Then I can load my scanner and printer all is fine until I pulg the mouse in again When I reboot I get all kinds of errors and one that says the registry has problem which windows will correct and reboots Upon reboot windows shows conflicts in the device manager for my USB scanner and printer Hidserv is once again running I can see that the mouse conflicts with my scanner and printer anyone have any ideas on how to resolve the conflicts Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-intellimouse-cordless.77631/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi,

I bought Intellimouse optical yesterday. I installed the software. I prefer using Netcape
rather then the explorer. My mouse doesn't work that has the back and the forward on my
mouse. I clicked on explorer and It works. Which version of Netscape will I have to use for the
back and forward?

Thanks a lot,

A:Microsoft Intellimouse optical problem?

I have a Wireless Intellimous Explorer and all 5 buttons work in every program that uses a back function. A little advice: I don't use the forward button much, but do use the back. I changed the forward button to function as the close button... because I use that one a lot... works great. Back to your mouse... it is possible it doesn't work with netscape because microsoft made it... and you know how microsoft is. It really should work though, even if you are using netscape. Try upgrading to the latest version and maybe even upgrade your intellimouse software, if there is an upgrade. Also, make sure you have the correct mouse selected in the settings of your software. If you have the wrong one selected the regular left and right buttons should work without software because they are basic, standard functions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-intellimouse-optical-problem.63735/
Relevancy 62.78%

Just recently, I've been having trouble with my mouse.

Sometimes, when I single click something, it double clicks it instead. For example, when I want to press the back button, it goes back two pages, even if I click once.

And other times, when I try clicking a link, it doesn't respond. And it takes me a few clicks to actually go to it.

When I open up dropdown menus, whenever I click it once, it goes back up. It takes a few times for me to click it and it stays.

I have no clue what the problem is. It just started happening.

Is there any way I can fix it or any small little tests I can do to check it?

-s64

Relevancy 62.78%

I've had my computer (Dell Latitude Core i7 x64) running Windows 10 32-bit for over a year and have been using the same mouse for many years, as far back as 2 computers possibly. In the past week the mouse will disconnect and it will not come back on if I unplug and reconnect it or switch ports. The only thing that will restore it is turning the computer off and then on. Any ideas what could be causing this?

It seems like maybe it happened after a recent automatic update..

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/67488-microsoft-intellimouse-explorer-3-0-keeps-turning-off.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I have been using this mouse for about a year now problem 1.1A IntelliMouse Microsoft Optical I was just surfing on the net today when the mouse froze and would not work light at the bottom did not light up like usual I usually connect it to the computer with a PS converter and Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical 1.1A problem decided to unplug it from the converter and just plug it in the computer Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical 1.1A problem using its original USB plug and it worked However after every about minutes it stops working every minutes I would need to unplug the mouse from the USB port and reconnect again I have tried my other USB ports all did the same Everytime it disconnects on the right bottom it would pop up a message saying quot Unrecognizable tool connected quot something along those lines however when I do reconnect it it ll recognize it sayin the mouse model I was wondering is there a problem with the mouse or is it the computer Anyway I can quot fix quot this problem I m broke at the moment haha and have no money therefore can t get a new mouse at the moment and this problem is annoying me nbsp

A:Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical 1.1A problem

Have you tried downloading and installing the latest MS Intellipoinit drivers? the latest version is ip5.4

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-intellimouse-optical-1-1a-problem.40131/
Relevancy 62.78%

I am using a Dell Dimension E that I upgraded to Gb of memory and then upgraded from XP Media Center to Vista Home Premium I m having a problem with my wireless mouse I purchased and used without a problem on XP a Microsoft Elite Bluetooth keyboard and mouse Since I Bluetooth Intellimouse Problem for Microsoft upgraded to Vista I have been having problems with the mouse When I opened an internet page the second I moved the cursor out of the toolbar and into the page the page would begin jumping and flickering up and down Twice now I ve deleted the mouse amp keyboard problem and re-installed them and they seem to work for a while Microsoft Intellimouse for Bluetooth Problem I finally figured out yesterday that this occurred after I ran that IOBIT Windows Cleaner free program so I deleted that program deleted the Microsoft bluetooth program and then re-installed the Intellitype and Intellimouse programs and everything seemed to be working well This morning I can t get the mouse to work at all The system reads the keyboard OK I m typing on it right now and it tells me that the mouse batteries are good so I believe that it sees the mouse but the cursor will not move with the mouse Can anyone help me with this Thanks nbsp

A:Microsoft Intellimouse for Bluetooth Problem

Try updating the mouse driver.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-intellimouse-for-bluetooth-problem.598934/
Relevancy 61.92%

I just got a new wireless mouse and keyboard set. My mouse today, has begun registering only a half of the clicks that I make. Say I click "submit" sometimes I will have to click it 3 times. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Relevancy 61.92%

I'm very used to my 5 button mouse selecting, copy and paste with 1 hand is very convenient against the short cut Control C and Control V and single clic for double clic So I wonder if there is a solution to get a Windows 10 driver Or do I have to quite with this mouse? What can we expect from Microsoft to one of his own products ??

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/59701-windows-10-driver-microsoft-usb-intellimouse-optical-when-available.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I have the latest IntelliPoint drivers (5.5), but there is still no way of re-mapping the tilt wheel functions at all. It would be great for games if i could remap to arrow keys for example, because horizontal scrolling isnt recognised in many programs, or ANY games.

Please someone help if they have any idea...

:dead:

A:Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 4.0 - How to remap tilt-wheel

not too sure about remapping tilt wheel, but i would try a google search and check with M$

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-intellimouse-explorer-4-0-how-to-remap-tilt-wheel.46142/
Relevancy 50.31%

As far as numbing down visual effects, simple stuff, the little annoying things that would lag a computer a little. Anything else you guys can offer would be nice too.

Relevancy 50.31%

for say web, email, mp3 and general use. Playing video, dvds etc.

Relevancy 49.88%

Do i need to reenable all disabled services each time before im going to update windows?
Any other advices not to mess up things ?

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi About years ago I have bought SONY VGN-P K W it s a quot laptop with GB memory and GHz processor It s one of those looks cool useless things it gets choked up very easily it s running windows and about processes in the background I d like you guys to computer the ... make to smoother run Trying help me get rid of the useless stuff so that the laptop can perform better I just want to use is for basic stuff like surfing web and talking on skype Help Trying to make the computer run smoother ... is highly appreciated I downloaded HJT here is the log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files PC Tools Firewall Plus FirewallGUI exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exe C Program Files Elan USB ETDUSBCtrl exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Sony SmartWi Connection Utility CCP exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows System StikyNot exe C Program Files Sony SmartWi Connection Utility SmartWi exe C Program Files Sony SmartWi Connection Utility ThirdPartyAppMgr exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Care listener exe C Program Files Sony SmartWi Connection Utility PowerManager exe C Program Files ArcSoft Magic-i Visual Effects Magic-i Visual Effects exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C Windows system DllHost exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - Trying to make the computer run smoother ... HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch F - REG system ini UserInit C Windows system userinit exe O - BHO no name - C A A- - E - F B- D D B - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll file missing O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - HKLM Run PCTFW quot C Program Files PC Tools Firewall Plus FirewallGUI exe quot -s O - HKLM Run SmartWiHelper quot C Program Files Sony SmartWi Connection Utility SmartWiHelper exe quot WindowsStartup O - HKLM Run ISTray quot C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exe quot O - HKLM Run ETDUSBWare ProgramFiles Elan USB ETDUSBCtrl exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run NokiaMServer C Program Files Common Files Nokia MPlatform NokiaMServer watchfiles startup O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKCU Run Sidebar C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe autoRun O - HKCU Run Magellan CmTray C Program Files Content Manager CmTray exe O - HKCU Run RESTART STICKY NOTES C Windows System StikyNot exe O - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe O - Global Startup Bluetooth lnk O - Extra context menu item Send image to amp Bluetooth Device - C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btsendto ie ctx htm O - Extra context menu item Send page to amp Bluetooth Device - C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bt... Read more

Relevancy 49.45%

I have a Toshiba satellite S855D-00D the cpu is AMD A10-4600M With duel graphics card AMD Radeon HD 7660G + 7610M and 8gb of ram. Is there anyway to make planet side 2 to run smoother? It doesn't have to have good graphics I can set it to very low. The thing is, even at very low planet side 2 lags TONS for me. Please helpp.

A:Can I configure my laptop to run PlanetSide 2 smoother?

You can try this suggestion

If your willing to give up flying, turn render distance to the lowest amount possible.
turn off shadows.
try my thread here.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3029182Click to expand...

Source link - https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/amd-a10-4600m-framerate-help.133908/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-configure-my-laptop-to-run-planetside-2-smoother.200955/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a windows 7 home premium.
My system:
Model: HP pavilion dm4 notebook PC
Rating: 4.3 Windows Experience Index
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 2.53GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 4.00 GB (3.80 GB usable)
System type: 64-bit Operating System

Is there something more i need or to add on my computer to improve its speed for the game?

Relevancy 49.45%

Hello. I am running an Acer TravelMate 5520 laptop. It has started to slow down and has trouble running PhotoShop. I have split my hard drive into a C drive which is practically full, as there is only 1.3gig free out of 34 gig. My D drive has alot more space on, it has 27gig free out of 72gig. I feel that i am starting up too many programs at startup time also - how do i find out the ones i don't need to be starting up ? could someone help me make my laptop more efficient please?
thanks,
Dave

A:clean up laptop / make it run smoother

After looking at your setup, the best advice I can give is to move things to an exterior harddisk. Since you mention Photoshop, transferring all your pictures would free up a lot of space.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/clean-up-laptop-make-it-run-smoother-679729.html
Relevancy 48.59%

This is probably what bothers me most about Windows 7. Unlike Windows XP, the text on desktop icon looks "ugly" (on bright backgrounds).

Is there a way of having the desktop icon text look exactly like Windows XP?

A:How do I make the text in Desktop icons smoother?

Have you tried tuning ClearType?

ClearType Text Tuner

Start->Control Panel->Appearance and Personalization->Display->Adjust ClearType text (left hand panel of links)

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/46357-how-do-i-make-text-desktop-icons-smoother.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I need to update the RAM on my computer to 256 because right now it's only at 64. The graphics on the game are fine- they just move too slow. If I update the RAM will that guarantee to fix the problem or do I have to get a new video card too?

A:Will updating RAM help Sims 2 run smoother or is getting a new video card necessary?

Depending on the operating system but yes, there will be a mega improvement. Nowdays the minimum needed for games is 256Mb, and I think Sims2 needs min 128Mb(Check the box). Video should be about 128Mb

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-updating-ram-help-sims-2-run-smoother-or-is-getting-a-new-video-card-necessary.317648/
Relevancy 48.59%

Okay well a CD of on Plus! Making backup Microsoft I quot m not sure if this is the right forum but I can t decide where else to put it I am trying to make backups of important programs and files from my computer on CDs A couple of years ago I downloaded the THEN free version of Microsoft Plus for Windows XP I have since then Making a backup of Microsoft Plus! on CD earlier this year found out that this is now a paid-for program At that point I figured I d better make a backup of this program too since I do like some of the games themes and extra sounds and such that comes with it I have my computer customized using a lot of this stuff Unfortunately at the time I downloaded it I had not yet learned the benefits of downloading and SAVING the entire file first which would have included the installation setup At the time I downloaded this program I simply told it to quot run quot from the download link I found the folder for Microsoft Plus in my program folder but when I copied it to the CD it copies it as seperate folders that as far as I can see can only be run from the CD Plus there are some things missing like the extra fonts sounds themes icons ect that I use these things are all in their separate quot sound quot folders quot mouse pointer quot folders ect and seem to be entirely separate now from the MS Plus folder in the programs list So my question is is there ANY way that I can somehow get the whole installation file onto my CD Like I would have had I told the download to quot save quot instead of run Or am I screwed if my computer ever needed to reformat my computer nbsp

A:Making a backup of Microsoft Plus! on CD

I doubt it. This is why it's important to keep the installer. I always put the installer, in the program's folder. You're sure it's not there?

When you install a program, it puts parts in different places. You have the folder(s), you have stuff in the registry, and there's probably an invisible folder or two somewhere.
I would sent Microsoft an email, explaining the situation, and see if there's anything they'll do for you.
Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/making-a-backup-of-microsoft-plus-on-cd.490841/
Relevancy 48.59%

I just received this from lt link removed by Dwarf gt Someone using a hotmail account to announce a Microsoft Promotion does raise an eyebrow Microsoft Promotion Award Team Ryecroft Way Stopsley London United Kingdom FILE REF HL MICS BATCH MC PDH EU MICROSOFT WINNING of scam use A Microsoft making name? the NOTIFICATION We wish to congratulate you for being part of our winners selected this month This promotion was set-up to encourage the active users of the Internet Microsoft Windows Hence we do believe with your winning prize you will continue to be active and patronage to the Microsoft Windows We wish to formally announce to you that you have successfully passed the requirements statutory obligations verifications validations and satisfactory report Test conducted for all on line winners A winning cheque will be issued in your name by Microsoft Corporation board You have therefore won the entire sum of Three Hundred And A scam making use of the Microsoft name? Fifty housand Great British Pounds and also a certificate of prize claims will be sent along side your winnings cheque Rev Prince David Microsoft Promotion Award Team Email lt link removed by Dwarf gt You are advised to contact your Foreign Transfer Manager with the following details to avoid unnecessary delay and complications We write to officially notify you of this award and to advise you to contact the processing office immediately upon receipt of this message for more information concerning the verification processing and eventual payment of the above prize to you It is important to note that your award information was released with the following particulars attached to it Award numbers NL Email ticket numbers EAASL- Batch numbers MC PDH EU The file reference numbers HL MICS Serial Numbers McST NL VERIFICATION AND FUNDS RELEASE FORM Your contact address Your Tel Fax numbers Your Nationality Country Your Full Names Occupation Age Your Preferred Method Of Receiving Your Prize From Below Mode Of Prize Remittance Cash Pick-Up You coming Down to United Kingdom Personally to Pick Your Prize Courier Delivery Of your Certified Winning Cheque Name and other Winning Documents safely to you The Microsoft Windows lottery has discovered a huge number of double claims due to winners informing close friends relatives and third parties about their winning and also sharing their pin numbers As a result of this these friends try to claim the lottery on behalf of the real winners The Microsoft lottery has reached a decision from headquarters that any double claim discovered by the Lottery Board will result to the canceling of that particular winning making a loss for both the double claimer and the real winner as it is taken that the real winner was the informer to the double claimer about the lottery So you are hereby strongly advised once more to keep your winnings strictly confidential until you claim your prize Congratulations from the Staffs amp Members of the Interactive Lotteries Board Commission Sincerely Rev Prince David Microsoft Promotion Award Team

A:A scam making use of the Microsoft name?

Yes, of course that's a scam.

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/205245-scam-making-use-microsoft-name.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I am trying to make a book but cannot get the pages to print correctly. Page 2 might be with page 14, etc. What am I doing wrong?

Relevancy 48.16%

I just read the Windows Blog and thought it might interest some of y'all.

Making it Easier to Upgrade to Windows 10 | Windows Experience Blog

A:Microsoft's Making it Easy to Upgrade

Thanks for the link, Wyn.

Lots of good info there.

I'm going to suggest they use a ferret instead of a cat in the upgrade box pic. Much more "modern" IMO.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/28237-microsofts-making-easy-upgrade.html
Relevancy 47.3%

i want to use two formulas at a time in one cell... say

by auto sum i need the total in a cell
and if the total is less than 8 .. i need a text message to be displayed as

Time sheet cannot be closed...

please its urgent

Relevancy 47.3%

The desktop USB fan I am using when turned on has started to cause the mouse cursor to lag. I would like to know what the reason is behind this.

Should I just get a new mouse?

A:USB Desktop Fan is making my Microsoft Wired Mouse Lag

I suspect that the USB fan may be overloading the USB port. I would connect it to a powered USB hub.

You might also try connecting it to another USB port.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/392433-usb-desktop-fan-making-my-microsoft-wired-mouse-lag.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have 2 hard disks, Drive C: and Drive D:. I recently deleted what I thought were meaningless files from Drive D:, but apparently I deleted something pretty important because Drive C: is a train wreck now!! Programs won't open. I can't access My Computer, Excel, Word, Roxio, etc. The only things I can get to are Outook Express and the internet.

Can I just remove Drive D: and let Drive C: run by itself in order to get these programs running smooth again? I'm guessing because I have that second slave drive that everything that was running through it is now screwed up because of the mystery files that were deleted.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Mike

A:Can I remove 2nd hard disk to restore smoother running of primary drive c:?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-remove-2nd-hard-disk-to-restore-smoother-running-of-primary-drive-c.298447/
Relevancy 46.87%

I would like to download Microsoft Office Home & Student, and was wondering if there was a way of downloading it to a CD or DVD or flashdrive instead of letting it install directly from the download.  I'd prefer a CD, but they don't seem to sell them anymore, instead they have Key Cards.  Has anyone done this?Thank you......

A:Making a CD or DVD of Microsoft Office Home & Student download

I havent done this, but you could probably find the download in the default download directory for your browser and burn that file to disc. Then run that file on computer you want to install to. You will probably still require a connection to microsoft server to activate the installation though so, the need to burn to disc only has the benefit of a reinstallation not having to redownload it, however it probably wont work for an offline installation I am guessing.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,156241.0.html
Relevancy 46.87%

currently, comcast is my default email account for microsoft outlook 2000. I know it's an old version, but I would like to replace the comcast email account with a yahoo email account. I guess in a nutshell, How do I delete one and replace the other as my default?

A:Making Yahoo For Default Microsoft Outlook 2000

The ability to access Yahoo! Mail via a POP3 email client (such as Outlook or Outlook Express) is only available to customers of our premium Yahoo! Mail Plus service.http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/orig...pop/pop-35.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/139549/making-yahoo-for-default-microsoft-outlook-2000/
Relevancy 46.87%

When I bought my new computer its' 64 bit, I transferred everything from my old 32 bit computer and

everything went fine, but my word 2003  will not load the Pleading Wizard.  It loads everything else in the
word program but the PLEADING WIZARD, it was working fine in windows 10 at 32 bits
Does anyone know how to get my 2003 32 bit program to work on my new 64 bit computer?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/39087348-84a1-43ff-bb73-692dc4ceb0e8/making-microsoft-word-2003-work-in-my-new-computer?forum=w7itproappcompat
Relevancy 46.44%

Beginning from Windows Microsoft has begun moving towards cloud based software and making its own hardware In an interview moving based and hardware! making Microsoft towards cloud software to the Seattle Times Microsoft's CEO Steve Ballmer indicated that Microsoft would move away from traditional software towards cloud based software delivery model as well as Microsoft would make their own hardware Following are his related answer as well as the link quot Q Where do you see Microsoft's position in five years years A First of all I'd say pre-eminent technology Microsoft moving towards cloud based software and making hardware! company I think that in a back-looking view people would say we were a software company That's kind of how we were born Microsoft moving towards cloud based software and making hardware! I think when you look forward our core capability will be software but you'll probably think of us more as a devices-and-services company Which is a little different Microsoft moving towards cloud based software and making hardware! Software powers devices and software powers these cloud services but it's a different form of delivery Doesn't mean we have to make every device I don't want you to leap to that conclusion We'll have partners who make devices with our software in it and our services built in We're going to be a leader at that quot Ballmer trumpets Microsoft's 'epic year' Business amp Technology The Seattle Times That means a lot of drastic changes in Microsoft's policies which would impact us all As far as I can think according to my limited knowledge there would be the following changes - Microsoft would slowly strip down Windows from being a full fledged operating system to a browser based cloud based operating system just like Google's Chrome OS Xbox Not Windows Is The Future Of Microsoft - Says Steve Ballmer - Local storage based software games would be replaced by cloud based software games Microsoft has teamed up with Agawi a cloud based gaming company which has adopted Microsoft s Windows Azure cloud hosting to stream games to Windows devices as well as upcoming Xbox Agawi to use Microsoft s Windows Azure to bring cloud-gaming services to Windows VentureBeat Microsoft Agawi Team Up For Cloud Gaming On Windows Is Xbox Next - Forbes Windows gets cloud gaming with Agawi partnership - National Console Gaming Examiner com - Microsoft is planning to become a big hardware player like Apple However it would keep its OEM partners with it Divices with MS services would be sold - The biggest losers would be us The consumers Microsoft's cloud based model would put an end to our independence and we would be completely dependent on MS for everything MS won't sell us the software games etc they would rent us their software games etc - This would also be a huge loss to the enthusiasts who build their own PCs As because of all the above there would only be compact devices available everywhere and there would no longer be a place for full fledged desktop or full fledged notebook PCs So desktops and notebooks would vanish Therefore the parts to build your own PCs would no longer be available in the market All this could only change if some Linux distro successfully enters the market As Valve Steam are trying to port their games to Linux it could be a possibility Also it would be a good omen for Microsoft s OEM partners who must be desperate for an alternative to MS Windows and are fed up of MS policies

A:Microsoft moving towards cloud based software and making hardware!

I doubt Windows will go cloud based in entirety. Unless if other competitors do that, I don't see it happening. Granted, Windows is licensed whereas android or ios isn't, but this would only happen when EVERYONE and EVERY Windows user is connected to the internet 24/7. There's that hurdle. Also, the other hurdle is how can Windows work if you're in the mountains? I find interesting that no one is thinking about Windows Phone being cloud based. I just don't see it happening. Taking the base OS and not having it natively installed on the device is like a PC with cloud based BIOS, no go and no practicality.

Office and Xbox games I do see being more cloud based. Office already is going there. Xbox games might be next.

My question I ask is where's the practicality purpose? The only thing I see is for app developers to prevent piracy, but there are better methods that don't require app streaming.

We'll see though...

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/9483-microsoft-moving-towards-cloud-based-software-making-hardware.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I installed a MSIntellimouse but it doesn't work properly.
I have a IBM 560X portable with a trackpoint internal mouse.
is there a conflict here? Do I have to deactivate it for the Intellimouse to work? How do I do this?
Many thanks for your hep
Yuri gagarin

A:Intellimouse

Hi yuri gagarin, welcome to TSG....

What operating system are you running and have you made sure you have the correct and newest drivers?

I believe I've read somewhere that ME and that mouse are unhappy, depending on which model you have.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intellimouse.57578/
Relevancy 43.43%

ok. this guy gave me this mouse. with no driver or no software. he said i needed the driver. so i plugged it in. its a usb mouse and the full name on the bottom is IntelliMouse Explorer USB and PS/2 Compatible 5V 100mA. So i went to microsoft downloaded the whole intellimouse driver. selected what the mouse was. and i restarted. then i load back up and it doesnt work. i unistalled it and let the computer recognise it and reinstall it and it did that but still didnt work. and the messages come up that is malfunctioning. Any help? Thanks

Relevancy 43.43%

I really need your expert valuable help.
All of a sudden, my MS Intellemouse (wireless) does not scroll smoothly. It jumps in a jerky motion when scrolling. Have changed the batteries.
In the Control Panel; Display Settings are set at 1024X768. The mouse is set for slow scroll (have tried faster settings) the Enable accelerated scrolling and Vertical scrolling are both checked.
Am running XP Pro with plenty of RAM.
Thanks
[email protected]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-intellimouse.433288/
Relevancy 43.43%

I just installed Windows ME and my mouse pointer is now transparent.

A:Intellimouse

Have you tried using a different pointer?

Select Start, Settings, Control Panel, Mouse, and the Pointer tab. Try some of the option and see what happens.

------------------
Dan-O - MSCE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intellimouse.35517/
Relevancy 43%

i often leave my pc on a couple of hours and turn the monitor off.
it has happened twice now that when i come back my intellimouse optical only operates when i put high pressure on it its also very rogh, dodgy, laggy whatever. one of the more weird glitches ive seen :P
anyone got an idea?

it also happens sometimes that my keyboard light (saitek eclipse 2) turns off and on again...

Relevancy 43%

I can't use my middle mouse button when playing games.I have up to date drivers version 5.any ideas

A:intellimouse explorer

If you mouse is working fine in windows (ie the middle button) then its a matter of configuring it in the relevant games. I.e. in something like Unreal tournament go into the options and assign a key command to the middle button.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intellimouse-explorer.230111/
Relevancy 43%

Ok I have a Intellimouse w/intellieye 1.0 that is ps/2 and usb compatible. Now, the download section at microsoft.com just has one for Intellimouse. Nothing else. It says 'Download Intellimouse Software Version 4.1' Or something. If I download and install this, will there be a way, without the original disk that came with the mouse itself, to restore the original mouse drivers? I guess what I'm asking is would there be any adverse effects to any games or programs?

A:Intellimouse Drivers

Please keep replying to your original. This is closed as a duplicate post.
http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62714

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intellimouse-drivers.62754/
Relevancy 43%

My mouse has recently become erratic and occasionally locks completely needing a restart. I would like to install (?reinstall) driver software but I alway find myself at this Microsoft site -

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/downloads/default.mspx

Unfortunately, although I can click the down arrows next to the first three questions the fourth doesn't produce any options and the 'Go' button doesn't work.

Can anyone advise an alternative Intellimouse download site please?

johnni

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intellimouse-software.498812/
Relevancy 43%

I'm using a microsoft intellimouse wireless explorer and it's driving me crazy. Everytime I pause to so something (like type this for example) the sensor light turns off and when I go to use it again it's dead. I think that's it's to save battery power but it's ridiculous because I have to lift it up, or wave it around to get it going again. It's really been frustrating but I don't want to give up on it yet b/c it was pricey. I'm connected by USB and I've followed all the normal troubleshooting ideas, my PC is clean too, so I'm wondering if anyone else has tried this mouse and what they've dealt with. Thanks.

Relevancy 43%

I have a major problem with my Intellimouse. When the computer is on, the mouse will work normally SOMETIMES, but most of the time it just jumps around and clicks on everything that's on screen!
I went to Microsoft.com, and I couldn't get through to them. Some help they were. The mouse causes the computer to freeze up sometimes, and that never happens on my computer. I don't know what to do. I've been getting so mad over this I was thinking I would just buy another mouse. Anyways, here's the written stuff on the bottom of the mouse:
Intellimouse w\IntelliEye 1.0
USB and PS/2 Compatible

Its a intellimouse with a laser thingy in it. I havent been able to use it at all in the last two days and since then I've been navigating my computer with my keyboard.

A:Intellimouse w/IntelliEye 1.0

how have you connected it? usb or ps/2?
and ...this may seem dumb but...........did you load the drivers from the disk provided?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intellimouse-w-intellieye-1-0.62714/
Relevancy 43%

I have a MS Intellimouse A - MS Intellimouse Dead? PS mouse that was returned to me because it did not work I gave the guy another one and I MS Intellimouse - Dead? just threw this one to the side and thought that he didn t know what he was doing So I plugged it in today to see if it worked Nothing happens The PC I tested it on was using MS Intellimouse - Dead? a generic PS mouse and I turned off the PC and then plugged this one in and then turned it on It booted fine and then came up with no mouse I ve never heard of a mouse going bad - has anyone else It s less than a year old Hardly any wear on it too I was thinking of opening it up but I guess I should just send it back and get another one Can a mouse just decide to die one day And the PC that it died on is now using the same exact model and it s working fine So it s been tested on two machines and dead on both Any suggestions Or did this mouse just have a short life Cory ------------------ http ShopComputerAces com http HeadLunatic com http IamNotLost com nbsp

A:MS Intellimouse - Dead?

Just threw out my old Logitech for the same reason.. Too many games of Tribes

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-intellimouse-dead.34082/
Relevancy 43%

I have tried to install an intellimouse wireless explorer ouse. does not work, reinstalled, touchpad still works, tried restore, reinstall intellipoint etc. nothing frustrated with unanswered forumss...usb conflict? updated windows etc. all latest drivers listed as correct, what is up?

A:intellimouse not working

Does the computer seem to recognize the fact that the hardware is installed? If so, have you used the CONNECT button on the receiver AND the mouse? Have you checked the batteries?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/intellimouse-not-working-348415.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Thanks in advance for any help My logitech corded laser mouse has bad contact points so I got a corded Solved: new install my intellimouse Cannot Microsoft Intellimouse to replace it The problem is that when I try to install the drivers it fully removes the logitech mouse leaving me without a mouse at all If I don t let it remove the logitech mouse it won t install the drivers-catch After that it would not let me reinstall any mouse at all and I had to use system restore The very first screen on the microsoft drivers is Solved: Cannot install my new intellimouse the agreement and I cannot mark that I agree if I don t have a mouse If I could find a way to mark that I m sure I could use arrows tabs and enter to complete setup but tab just defaults to cancel setup and enter does not work because it won t fully highlight The intellimouse isn t found by the computer after turning off and plugging it in either-tried that I thought that Solved: Cannot install my new intellimouse since my operating system XP is made by microsoft the drivers might already be in there No such luck The instructions say the drivers must be installed first and I would like to do that but I am stopped every time I have tried reinstalling my dinosaur roller ball mouse that came with my system and it won t do that either nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

Ok, I have a REALLY strange problem, when I plug my MS Intellimouse 3 into the usb port on my laptop, it detects it as the intellimouse, then when it tried to install the drivers, it cant find any. This is really weired, i have used it many times on many different desktops and it autodetects and works, why is it doing this? it is running XP pro. Please help, thank you!

A:IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 and XP on laptop

ttt please, anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intellimouse-explorer-3-0-and-xp-on-laptop.274873/
Relevancy 42.57%

I ve upgraded to XP for a about 4 weeks now and I realized that I cannot use the 2 extra side functions of my mouse because i have not installed the intellipoint software. I installed it and now the mouse is slighty jumpier than it was before. Help?

Relevancy 42.57%

I know that this is a known issue (unresolved as far as I know) with Microsoft, but Intellimouse Explorer forward and back buttons do not work in Netscape 4.76. My OS is ME. Does anyone else have this problem and any suggestions. Yes, I have downloaded and installed the most recent drivers.

A:Intellimouse/Netscape problem

Are you sure that the navigator window is focused. Try clicking on the Navigator window and then try using the forward/back buttons.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intellimouse-netscape-problem.104939/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hey all,

Long time listener, first time caller!

I apologize if this is in the wrong subsection.

I swapped out mice from a Logitech USB optical to a MS Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 (favorite mouse of all time).

The mouse freezes after the pc has been asleep for a while. Disconnecting then reconnecting the mouse via usb resets it and it works; however its quite frustrating to have to do this every time. My suspicion is a faulty driver, but I've tried to reinstall the drivers to no avail. I've also tried disabling hybrid sleep and usb suspend without success.

The logitech worked without any issues.

Thanks in advance and happy holidays!
Additional info:

windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
i5 2500k
asrock extreme 3 gen 3
16 gigs of gskill 1600

just downloaded and installed intellipoint 8.2 to see if that helps at all

A:Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 Issues

the drivers i mentioned installing did not solve the issue.

anyone?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/271001-intellimouse-explorer-3-0-issues.html
Relevancy 42.57%

The mouse will randomnly turn off and on the laser Explorer Intellimouse MS is out. spazing and eventually shuts off indefinetly untill i unplug MS Intellimouse Explorer is spazing out. and then plug it back in agian It happens usually when MS Intellimouse Explorer is spazing out. I am playing a pc game but it has happened while just browsing the internet before I thought it maybe be a bad cord connection type problem but when it goes out for good i shake the thing like crazy and play with the cord on both ends and nothing happens yet unplugging and plugging it back in will always get it working again for about minutes Now my mb had a bunch of usb patches for xp and usb and i uninstalled and reinstalled these and nothing changed I dont think this is driver related becuase my keyboard is also usb and it has not gone out on me yet Broken part maybe I hope not I havent even had the mouse for a year yet and it IS a very nice mouse indeed I really dont wanna buy a new one only to find out I needed some other driver or the bad part is the mb plug in nbsp

A:MS Intellimouse Explorer is spazing out.

have you tried it in a different usb port?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-intellimouse-explorer-is-spazing-out.208897/
Relevancy 42.57%

OS - XP Pro
Hardware - Wireless Intellimouse Explorer
S/W - Intellipoint 5.5

Mouse operates properly but i want to change the Wheel button to Double-click
When opening the intellipoint console I get the message "some mouse settings might not work until you connect a Microsoft mouse to a USB port..." Clicking OK opens the console and I change the Wheel button to double click but it does not work.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck. I am using the most recent version of S/W.

Ideas?
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intellimouse-button-assignment.504461/
Relevancy 42.57%

My MS IntelliMouse will not scroll in WordPerfect. It used to,but not now.
What should I do to get it to scroll?

Relevancy 42.57%

I Tried to set up my microsft bluetooth intellimouse and It works on and off.
I get a system event notice :Event Source: BTHUSB
Windows cannot store Bluetooth link keys on the local transceiver because it cannot determine whether proper security is enabled for the device.

and this one: Event Source: HidBth
Bluetooth HID device (00:50:f2:7f:f3:82) either went out of range or became unresponsive.

when I go to Help and Support Center at go.microsoft dot com they say they have no information on this

Thanx for any help

xp pro sp2 all updates, zone alarm pro,asus m/b p4c800 deluxe, p4 3.0, no other bluetooth devices

A:microsft bluetooth intellimouse

Some bluetooth problems seem to be post SP2. This is a general bluetooth troubleshooter from Microsoft

Bluetooth

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsft-bluetooth-intellimouse.331986/
Relevancy 42.57%

Im just putting a thread out to anyone who can find, or has found an optical wired Intellimouse Explorer for under 35 stg? My standard Intellimouse has packed in and funds are running low. Thanks!

A:Cheap Intellimouse Explorer?

Are you into Ebay at all?

On Ebay, new Optical Intellimouses run for about 20 pounds.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cheap-intellimouse-explorer.78170/
Relevancy 42.57%

I'm having trouble getting all the buttons for the intellimouse explorer to work with the scroll. I'm running Gentoo 1.4rc1. I can get the scroll to work when I set ' ZAxisMapping "4 5" ' but the extra buttons won't work. If I set ZAxisMapping "6 7" in my XF86Config file, the scroll in apps like Mozilla won't work. Is there any way to get this working as well as all the buttons?

A:MS IntelliMouse Explorer Problem

Hello Kyred, welcome to Techspot forums!

Have you defined the number of buttons in XF86Config? Not just ZAxisMapping but "Buttons" in the same section?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ms-intellimouse-explorer-problem.3364/
Relevancy 42.57%

I spent on a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer because I wanted to go optical and I wanted lots of buttons for gaming After working fine for a good months about months ago I started noticing my mouse would just stop responding Even during a game The red light on the mouse would even go out indicating a loss of power After returning to problems... Explorer Intellimouse Windows the problem would often fix itself I would see a little USB icon with a comment that Intellimouse Explorer problems... the device was having a problem But I couldn t click on it so I would have to start opening up the Control Panel Before I could ever get the Device Manager open to look at this the problem would fix itself This is a USB Intellimouse Explorer problems... mouse so I tried a different USB port but the problem persisted Driver uninstall reinstall didn t work either I had just installed Windows on a fresh partition in this machine so I didn t think it was a driver problem The only driver EVER installed on this WindowsXP install was the most current version I was starting to think there was just some USB problem on this motherboard In any case I switched to my old PS mouse and focused on another project Building a brand new machine When I was done with the new machine I plugged in the MS Mouse It worked great so I figured it must have been the other computer The other night it started happening on my brand new computer So I looked on Microsoft s website to figure out how I could send this crappy thing to them for repair or replacement Can this be done The only way of contacting them seems to be a service call How can you return defective hardware to them Also I looked on their knowledge base and they actually say their USB mice won t work on ASUS motherboards They don t get specific as to which boards or boards built before a certain date They just say ASUS motherboards They say ASUS underpowers the USB ports Well my new machine is based on a A N X Deluxe ASUS motherboard These boards are brand new and I can t imagine that ASUS wouldn t have addressed a simple issue like underpowered USB ports These ports are USB Does anyone think I have a chance at getting Microsoft to replace my mouse Or do you think they will claim it is the Asus board and refuse even though the other PC was a Dell Sorry for rambling but I spent my available cash on the new PC and can t afford a new mouse to replace my relatively new mouse Thanks in advance for any replies FingerDemon nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

I have a MS Wireless Intellimouse Explorer, and I'm running Windows XP. Does anyone else have this mouse or has used it? It doesn't seem as precise as the corded version of the mouse. The movement is slightly jerky. I expected better from a $70 mouse. Is this normal?

A:MS Wireless Intellimouse Explorer

I just read a review of this mouse, and it has a documented slow response time. It's a trade off I guess, but not one I'm willing to make. I'm taking it back. The difference between the wireless one and it's wired counterpart is significant.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-wireless-intellimouse-explorer.65302/
Relevancy 42.14%

put this in microsoft tech companion for windows even though it is an 2.0 windows 10 and (wireless) explorer intellimouse issue in windows nbsp If there is a better forum please direct me I have suddenly lost the magnify function of the second button on the side of my mouse Mouse - Microsoft windows 10 and intellimouse explorer (wireless) 2.0 intellimouse explorer also model Windows bit The mouse has a right and left button and a wheel These work as they always have - left for click right for options wheel for scroll both up and down and right and left There are two thumb buttons on windows 10 and intellimouse explorer (wireless) 2.0 the left side The one to the rear is the windows 10 and intellimouse explorer (wireless) 2.0 back button and works just like it always has The button in front of it until a bit ago month maybe would toggle the magnify screen option on and off All of the sudden this toggle function just stopped I looked in the mouse settings and can't find anything that recognizes the second thumb button so I could add a quot what do you want this button to do quot to it There is plenty in the ease of use area that explains the magnify function but I can't see any way to assign these to the mouse The mouse control panel lets you set the left and right finger buttons and the wheel but not the back thumb button or the other thumb button I looked at microsoft's site thinking there might be a missing driver but the only options I see are for windows and before and when I try to use these I get a message about how the download is lower than the current driver and the new stuff won't install I installed windows when it became available for free and the mouse worked just fine under windows but not any more I'd like to get the mouse button function back on the mouse not with three-key-shortcuts Suggestions S Moore

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b0551ca2-950e-48c1-bf8f-57abb9723281/windows-10-and-intellimouse-explorer-wireless-20?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi! I want to use my Intellimouse Optical at college, but the XP restricted user account gives me the error: "Administrator privileges required to install hardware".

Any ideas folks?

The college mice really suck hardy har, i'm sure some of ye students feel my woe

CHEERS!

A:Install Intellimouse:XP Admin privilege woe

E.g copying a driver file to /system32, or something? Hmm.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/install-intellimouse-xp-admin-privilege-woe.307695/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello everyone,

I recently upgraded my Intellimouse Optical's drivers to version 5.2. After doing this, however, I noticed that the software is automatically hiding my cursor when I begin typing. I definitely do not want this happening, and I was a bit mad to find out that the option to "hide cursor while typing" is unchecked. I tried rolling back the drivers with no luck. Microsoft's knowledgebase is of no help as usual and I am running out of options. Does anyone know why this behavior would be occuring?

Thank you.

A:Intellimouse - Cursor Vanished While Typing

RedDominion said:

Hello everyone,

I recently upgraded my Intellimouse Optical's drivers to version 5.2. After doing this, however, I noticed that the software is automatically hiding my cursor when I begin typing. I definitely do not want this happening, and I was a bit mad to find out that the option to "hide cursor while typing" is unchecked. I tried rolling back the drivers with no luck. Microsoft's knowledgebase is of no help as usual and I am running out of options. Does anyone know why this behavior would be occuring?

Thank you.Click to expand...

Have you tried enabling and then disabling the option again?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intellimouse-cursor-vanished-while-typing.323197/
Relevancy 42.14%

So I just got my new computer today and for the past four hours or so I've been troubleshooting it I noticed my CPU was idling at Obviously this seemed puter owns my IntelliMouse 4.0 Explorer strange so I booted her up into safe mode and it idles normally much to my dismay since now I have to go hunting through various services IntelliMouse Explorer 4.0 owns my puter to figure out what the deal is I reboot the computer again and start disabling services until I narrow the problem down to PnP I turn Plug n Play off reboot no more problem But of course now I don't have any PnP This is a problem for me as one would expect so I turn the service back on and start unplugging things from the back of my computer As soon as I unplugged the IntelliMouse it worked perfectly again This seemed odd as I've never heard of a mouse of all things causing this sort of trouble so I plug a different mouse in and the computer works perfectly So I've pretty much come to the conclusion that my IntelliMouse would be the problem However it's a good mouse and I don't want to put it away if I can avoid doing such Anybody ever run into a problem similar to this and know any kind of way of fixing things without having to replace the mouse I have an Asus A N-LA motherboard with a Athlon X and I'm running Windows XP media center

A:IntelliMouse Explorer 4.0 owns my puter

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoorahville

So, I just got my new computer today, and for the past four hours or so, I've been troubleshooting it. I noticed my CPU was idling at 50%. Obviously, this seemed strange, so I booted her up into safe mode and it idles normally, much to my dismay since now I have to go hunting through various services to figure out what the deal is.

I reboot the computer again and start disabling services until I narrow the problem down to PnP. I turn Plug n Play off, reboot, no more problem. But, of course, now I don't have any PnP. This is a problem for me as one would expect, so I turn the service back on and start unplugging things from the back of my computer. As soon as I unplugged the IntelliMouse, it worked perfectly again. This seemed odd as I've never heard of a mouse of all things causing this sort of trouble, so I plug a different mouse in and the computer works perfectly.

So I've pretty much come to the conclusion that my IntelliMouse would be the problem. However, it's a good mouse, and I don't want to put it away if I can avoid doing such. Anybody ever run into a problem similar to this and know any kind of way of fixing things without having to replace the mouse? I have an Asus A8N-LA motherboard with a Athlon 64 X2 +4200, and I'm running Windows XP media center.

Dam. Rats are cheap. Why not buy a new one?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/intellimouse-explorer-4-0-owns-my-puter-120669.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Alright heres the story girlfriends comp won t load her wireless logitech mouse I disconnect my optical explorer bring it over and let her use that until she buys her own No problems works fine on hers She gets her new one I bring mine home and reconnect it boot up umm no mouse wha Yeah me angry So basically I ve tried lots of junk regedit stuff may have missed a few files possible updated intellipoint software tried USB ports This is what has happened it gets detected in the USB port however Win XP doesn t know Explorer (Optical) Woes Intellimouse what the device is doesn t even know its a mouse The lights work the camera light and the back one So it doesn t seem to be the mouse It worked fine on this system only days ago Is it possible for viruses to spread to hardware peripherals like my mouse I ve included pics from quot msinfo quot different shots one showing I have no IRQ conflicts another showing that I have an quot ERROR quot and the other telling me what my error is quot Device Cannot Start quot real helpful you d think it d tell me why My computer is an Alienware P Gig mouse worked fine days ago on this computer and fine on my girlfriends recently bought Dell machine don t have the exact specs on hand Any help nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

Hello everybody i edited the title slow changed to stutter I would be Slow when CPU Intellimouse Wireless high superglad if anyone could solve this for me When my CPU gets high playing games musicapps the mouse gets really slow Intellimouse Wireless Slow when high CPU The cursor dont know the words trying it with a lexicon stutters stammers when moving the mouse the cursor doesnt respond but suddenly it has moved to much Its really hard to click the right thing in Intellimouse Wireless Slow when high CPU musicapps turning off an effect to free cpu Editing maps in warcraft III is really hard Every ten seconds this happens and it lasts for about Intellimouse Wireless Slow when high CPU ten seconds not exactly ten seconds Do you understand what i mean I find it really hard to explain in english I have Intellimouse explorer wireless with mousedriver version intellipoint version I know its not the latest version of intellipoint but it has quot Enable program specific buttons settings quot Version dont Other hardware PIV Ghz Gb ram SIS DX motherboard i think GForce TI and dual monitors Im not sure but i think i had the same problem when running version I really need the quot Enable program specific buttons settings quot for my musicapps Edit I have new batteries I have reinstalled everything Its probably always been like this cant remember I have the reciever close to the mouse Its uses usb Edit Keyboard works fine when this happens ie in games when the mouse stutters i can still turn around with keyboard keys It feels like the usbport is to tight The keyboard uses PS not usb Ive only got the mouse connected to the usbport Edit Ive been searching the internet for answers for quite some time now thats why i keep editing This time i wanted to ad that i do have antivirus norton firewall norton adaware and pestpatrol Everything is updated and checked Best regards Bj rn Sweden nbsp

A:Intellimouse Wireless Slow when high CPU

CrackBaby,

I bet that you are getting VERY high utilizations when this occurs...with extremely high SPIKES in utilization. You can see this type of "stuttering" even with a wired mouse, if the resources are just not there to be had.

Add in the extra overhead of the IR or RF processing for the wireless activity, and the traffic on the USB, and you have slightly compounded the problem. Additionally, I wonder what the service priority (difference) may be between the PS/2 mouse connection and a USB mouse connection? That may make a difference also?

In any event, it sounds like you are overtaxing the system. What is the utilization like when this happens...gaming really stresses resources!!! Try monitoring it.

Oh, and getting the latest software for the mouse wouldn't hurt either :^)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intellimouse-wireless-slow-when-high-cpu.261970/
Relevancy 42.14%

I bought a new wireless mouse 2.0 keyboard combo thinking I could customize the tilt wheel to do the job of the back/forward buttons you find on the sides of some mice. But you can't. the tilt switch can only be assigned one function and that's horizontal scrolling. Does anyone know of any way to hack this so I can assign custom functions to the tilt?

I've scoured the web in search of a solution but with no luck. This is surprising considering the back/forward mouse shortcuts are the most used shortcuts in a browser. Amazingly there doesnt seem to be a single utility designed for customizing mouse wheels or tilt switches. The closest I got was an extension for Firefox turning the tilt into back/forward, but it's so bug ridden it's unusable.

A:customizing intellimouse tilt wheel

Your wireless mouse and keyboard should have come with a software CD, which should make it work. Did you install it? I have one also and it works great.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/customizing-intellimouse-tilt-wheel.399998/
Relevancy 42.14%

Have the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer for Bluetooth (5 button). I believe it is Bluetooth 2.0. The computer has built-in Bluetooth (3.0?). It is a new HP Envy DV7 (latest model as of 11/14/12).

Computer sees and connected to mouse. Mouse cursor moves and such. I downloaded the Microsoft software for this mouse. I've attempted to assign special key commands for the buttons (such as Ctrl + Z for edit undo).

I put the mouse on our Windows 7 laptop w/ the Bluetooth module that comes with the mouse, everything works. I tried connecting the module (looks like thumb drive) to the Windows 8 laptop w/ built-in Bluetooth, and when viewing "Devices", it shows the module, but says "driver error" below it. Figure it is due to it being the previous Bluetooth 2.0. So I uninstall both the mouse and module, reinstall just the mouse, no luck.

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance :).

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/13217-intellimouse-not-functioning-properly-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 42.14%

My wireless intellimouse explorer sometimes just quits working. After a while, it starts working again. The batteries are good and I downloaded new drivers.
...anybody got any ideas?

Thankx,
lamard

A:Wireless Intellimouse Explorer quits

Maybe time to try a new one?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-intellimouse-explorer-quits.263946/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a totally new problem with my Optical be buttons changed Intellimouse can't MS Intellimouse Optical I have used this for some time ME XP with no problems I now have a new system - Windows Home Premium bit I have downloaded and installed the latest Intellipoint software from Microsoft and installed the Mouse But - The Mouse is recognised not as an Intellimouse Optical but an Intellimouse Web - I cannot therefore change the side button settings on the mouse via Control Panel gt Mouse from the default Intellimouse Optical buttons can't be changed quot Forward quot and quot Back quot or the centre button either This is annoying I have uninstalled and reinstalled a number of times to no avail Does anyone know a How to get Windows to recognise my mouse Intellimouse Optical buttons can't be changed as the proper type Device Manager etc or b How to hack the settings XML Registry whatever to change the default option so the mouse does what I want it to without trying to change the buttons via the Control Panel Many thanks

A:Intellimouse Optical buttons can't be changed

Hi Walrus1963 and welcome to Windows 7 Forums

When you installed the driver, did you correctly select your mouse model from the dropdown list during installation? If not, uninstall the driver and reboot your machine. Now, reinstall the driver being careful to select the correct model when prompted. What is the model of your mouse?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/55526-intellimouse-optical-buttons-cant-changed.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi

I have started using an MS intellimouse optical. It has started some strange behaviour with my laptop.

If I am using excel, a single mouse click highlights a selection of cells, which cannot be deselected afterwards. Once this happens any keystrokes are treated as keyboard shortcuts, so for instance if I try typing into a cell it starts hiding columns and closing toolbars.

Outlook also has a problem where a single click highlghts everything in a pane. With both problems, minimized applications cannot be restored.

I have to stress that I have not reassigned mouse buttons or clicks, and have checked each time I have the problem. The buttons are as normal.

I have also installed the drivers and refreshed etc etc.

Is this an incompatibility or another clever microsoft 'feature'.

A:Strange behaviour after adding intellimouse

Is it an USB mouse or ps2 and does your laptop have a trackpad. Maybe there is some conflict there. If its has a ps2 and USB connector try using each and see if there is a difference.

Have you used the latest drivers from the MS website, I found they were newer than the disk mine came with.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-behaviour-after-adding-intellimouse.133540/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have Intellimouse Explorer mouse and am using it with Windows Xp on my new Abit 865chipset system (I have latest BIOS). It works fine except that speed often kicks down after system has been up a while. I have two monitors hooked up and I have mouse set to a high speed so that I can move cursor from one monitor to another without having to move mouse all over keypad too much.

Anyhow, it works fine after bootup but sometimes will slow down to regular slow speed after it has been on a few hours. I looked at Mouse control thing and acceleration and everything seems to be set in place.

The only way I have found to fix this is to reboot. I'm wondering if anyone has a fix for this?

A:intellimouse explorer movement speed

Not sure.....but it would be interesting to check Device Manager when that mouse slows down...see if there are any exclamation marks next to the device listing. This isn't a USB mouse is it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intellimouse-explorer-movement-speed.146888/
Relevancy 42.14%

I'm getting the message: "An exception has occurred when trying to run "C:\WINDOWS\System32\shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL "C:\WINDOWS\System32\main.cpl". My intellipoint software isn't working and Firefox has changed: not remembering passwords, no more zoom with mouse wheel/control. I have AVG Free and Malwarebytes. This xp computer has been seemingly virus free until a few days ago when notified of Trojan Hanam which Malwarebytes found and removed from 2 places. I reinstalled Intellipoint but still get the same error message when going to settings. Also, even though I have many restore points in bold print I cannot get past "next" after choosing one. Thanks for help in figuring this out.

A:Intellimouse shell32.dll and main.cpl error

Sorry for the nearly double posting. I replied to an old posting and din't see it show up so thought I should enter my problem as a new listing.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/intellimouse-shell32-dll-and-main-cpl-error-418179.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Can anyone explain to me how to program custom keystrokes into the buttons on this beast? I'm using driver version 5.0. The User Manual is absolutely useless. It says it can be done but offers no details on how to do it. The alternatives included in the pulldown menu for each button are very limited and there is no explanation on how to customize with keystrokes that aren't in the list. I'm not trying to do anything fancy, just ESC, F3 and F8.

Relevancy 42.14%

I cant seem to get the side 2 extra buttons on the intellimouse optical to work. I loaded the software, unloaded it, reloaded it, removed a mouse, etc etc. I looked for help at Microsoft, for the latest drivers etc etc. anyone have any ideas?

A:intellimouse--drivers for the intenet buttons

Hi Richard,
You can get the latest drivers for the explorer mouse here: http://www.microsoft.com/products/hardware/mouse/driver/
After you install the new driver you should be able to double click the mouse icon in the taskbar then select Buttons and select your preferences.
Where is La Jolla ? - just curious !

[This message has been edited by RonK (edited 09-23-2000).]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intellimouse-drivers-for-the-intenet-buttons.33875/
Relevancy 42.14%

My optical mouse recently died and I couldn't find one like it with the 2 extra buttons on the left and right. I use these extensively when browzing on the web or folders in explorer. So I bought a new wireless mouse 2.0 thinking I could customize the tilt wheel to do the same thing. But you can't. the tilt switch can only be assigned one function and that's horizontal scrolling. Does anyone know of any way to hack this so I can assign custom functions to the tilt? Thanks.

A:customizing intellimouse tilt wheel

I've scoured the web in search of a solution but with no luck. This is surprising considering the back/forward mouse shortcuts are the most used shortcuts in a browser. Amazingly there doesnt seem to be a single utility designed for customizing mouse wheels or tilt switches. The closest I got was an extension for Firefox turning the tilt into back/forward, but it's so bug ridden it's unusable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/customizing-intellimouse-tilt-wheel.399710/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have been trying to remove my Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer from my computer. I thought this would be easy but has turned out to be impossible. I removed the receiver to the mouse from my usb port and rebooted. Trouble I'm having is I can't reboot. When the computer starts up all I get is my graphic card info and that's it. I have to plug the receiver in before the startup sequence will continue. Intellipoint software installed, not installed, no difference. Any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-intellimouse-explorer-cant-be-removed.259622/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a MS Wireless Intellipoint mouse. All of a sudden it is deleting 2 emails instead of one when I click to delete, or it turns over two cards when I click on one in Solitaire, it is not consistent but frequent. Also, sometimes I click and it doesn't close a box or when I click on an email once it not only highlights it, but it also causes it to open as well. Any help? I have tried mouse settings, uninstalled the mouse software and re-installed? Help, thanks

A:MS Intellimouse deletes 2x email intermittent

Maybe one of the contacts for the left click button is dirty or sticking. With the price of a new mouse, this is bets solved with a replacement in almost all cases.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-intellimouse-deletes-2x-email-intermittent.764817/
Relevancy 42.14%

I purchased my Wireless Intellimouse Explorer 2.0 about 2 years ago and had no problems with it working. But, about 1 year ago, I reformatted my hard drive. Now, when I go to change my mouse pointer from the usual white arrow to a 3D Bronze arrow or some other pointer option, it states that the particular pointer option is missing or corrupt! So, I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it from the Microsoft web site. But, it still is acting the same way!?! Does anyone have a sollution to my problem? I would appreciate it! Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/181402/problems-with-wireless-intellimouse-explorer-20/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have Intellimouse Explorer optical mouse from MS on NT4 system. The problem is with two side buttons (fourth and fifth), after a while they stop working. Their functions restore after reboot. If I try to re-enter settings using systerm utility, it usually does not work before reboot.
I have the latest driver 3.2 from MS.
M/b A-Open.

Thanks

A:Intellimouse Explorer addit. buttons problem

I have the same mouse and have never had any trouble in NT 4 with it.

Well, wait - I had one problem. I turned off the mouse icon in the system tray and my settings (double click for pusing the wheel in) stopped working. Do you have the icon turned on?

You say "after a while"... what does that mean? Are you sure it is based on time? It is more likely a software issue - you are running something else that is killing the mouse driver. You can test this by booting up and not doing anything - just let the machine sit for a few hours.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intellimouse-explorer-addit-buttons-problem.35248/
Relevancy 41.71%

Recently I have tried to install my Intellimouse Optical USB and PS/2 Compatible mouse onto my dell computer(running with XP), replacing the Intellimouse 1.3A PS/2 Compatable mouse that came with the computer. I went into "Help and Support" and found the appropriate article to tell me how to remove mouse.

"IntelliMouse: The Mouse Pointer Moves Erratically or Does Not Respond with Windows XP (Q321122)"

After following the instructions I tried to install my optical and it still refused to work. One thing that I noticed is that some of the files that they told me to delete were'nt there in the first place. Would all the mouse need to be unpluged while i did this? I'm not sure if anyone could shed some light on what i did wrong with the info i'v given but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

A:Can't intstall Intellimouse Optical USB and PS/2 Compatible mouse :(

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-intstall-intellimouse-optical-usb-and-ps-2-compatible-mouse.82328/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello again guys Long time no post blah blah Anyways I ve been noticing strange activity on my computer The Start gt Search isn t working for filename I use exe Lookin C Search Options problems XP and Strange Search IntelliMouse Explorer All Files and folders search system folders hidden files and folders and subfolders I hit Search the button depresses and greys out like it s searching but in about seconds it pops back up and still says quot o start your search follow the instructions in the left pane quot it says that in the right pane Ive tried doing exe txt etc no results which it Strange XP Search and IntelliMouse Explorer problems SHOULD give something but aint Issue my IntelliMouse Explorer A USB mouse has been acting weird when I do a quot Strange XP Search and IntelliMouse Explorer problems single quot left click Strange XP Search and IntelliMouse Explorer problems it will trigger as a double click for some reason and it s REALLY annoying lol like if I got IE windows open for example and close the top using the X it has a chance of somehow triggering the single left click as a DOUBLE left click and closes both windows Or like when selecting the first file in a group to group them together with CTRL or SHIFT when I left click it it will trigger it as a double click and execute instead of highlighting it It s really messed up attached is both my startuplist and the HJT logs Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Strange XP Search and IntelliMouse Explorer problems

For search open Explorer and go to the Windows\Inf folder. Locate the srchasst.inf file. Right click it and select Install. You'll need your XP CD or the files from the I386 folder. (This fix will require you to have your Win XP CD).

The Windows\Inf folder is a hidden folder. You can adjust your Explorer Folder Options (View tab) to Show hidden files and folders. You can also click Start, Run and enter %SystemRoot%\Inf to open directly to the Inf folder.

For the mouse go here:http:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q96016

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-xp-search-and-intellimouse-explorer-problems.221162/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi,
I am typing away and suddenly the pointer jumps location, highlights some unrelated area of text, and the magnifier starts up! Very aggravating. Changed batteries - which seemed to fix the problem before; this time it did not fix. Have not installed any new drivers.
Windows XP Pro SP 2
Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer 2.0

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-intellimouse-leaps-to-magnify-w-o-any-touch.751056/
Relevancy 41.71%

My MS Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 has detents in the scroll wheel operation which cause the scroll to jump two or three lines with every use. However, my MS Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 has a smooth continuous scroll wheel operation which is much preferred. Both mice are wired USB devices.

Is it possible to change the Explorer Mouse to scroll continuously without detents or do I have to just give up and buy the other mouse? I recall reading somewhere that this detent could be changed or removed or maybe I read wrongly.

A:Change resolution of scroll wheel in MS Intellimouse?

Quote: Originally Posted by mendopaul

My MS Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 has detents in the scroll wheel operation which cause the scroll to jump two or three lines with every use. However, my MS Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 has a smooth continuous scroll wheel operation which is much preferred. Both mice are wired USB devices.

Is it possible to change the Explorer Mouse to scroll continuously without detents or do I have to just give up and buy the other mouse? I recall reading somewhere that this detent could be changed or removed or maybe I read wrongly.

Control Panel -> Mouse -> Wheel

Set it as you want it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/77505-change-resolution-scroll-wheel-ms-intellimouse.html
Relevancy 41.71%

i did a clean install of windows xp and my wireless mouse was working just fine. after updating to SP1, it stopped working. during bootup, the light on the receiver would turn off and i don't know what the hell is wrong with this thing. im thinking of just getting a mouse with a wire this time. any solutions are appreciated. thanx.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-intellimouse-explorer-not-working-after-upgrading-to-sp1-sp2.302770/
Relevancy 41.71%

I see a previous thead about this and the computer solved the problem.
BUT as soon as I close windows and reopen it happens again.
Ever since I started using Firefox this keeps happening???
Would updating the software help? Can you uspdate the software of a mouse??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intellimouse-jumps-to-lower-left-corner.994846/
Relevancy 41.28%

New computer a month ago running -bit Win Home Premium Plugged in my existing Microsoft wireless combo Wireless Natural Multimedia Keyboard Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer which both go through the same USB receiver connected to the computer and all worked stopped 2.0 morning one IntelliMouse working Explorer Wireless well Installed latest drivers for both from the Microsoft site Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer 2.0 stopped working one morning and I'm happy Then after a couple of weeks I wake up the computer from sleeping one morning and the mouse no longer works Batteries were new but I tried new ones anyway but no good It simply doesn't seem to connect to the USB receiver The wireless keyboard still works A wired USB mouse works But not the wireless mouse even after re-installing the latest drivers and numerous restarts of the computer POTENTIAL CLUE Numerous times I've tried to force the mouse and receiver to re-connect by clicking the sync buttons on both No good But here's the thing when I click the receiver sync button and the lights start flashing as it tries to find a device AS SOON as I click the sync button on the mouse the receiver's lights stop flashing In other words the mouse and receiver seem to be able to talk to each other but they aren't connecting ANSWERS TO OBVIOUS QUESTIONS Yes the mouse keyboard combo still works on my old computer And yes the mouse and the receiver are close inches Ideas anyone Thanks in advance