Windows Support Forum

Sound disappears when computer is unplugged from electric supply.

Q: Sound disappears when computer is unplugged from electric supply.

I have been having sound problems for about three days now The problem started as Switched on Windows XP Pro SP partition at that point I was dual booting with Ubuntu on start-up I got an error message saying quot Sonic Focus driver must be loaded for this application Sound computer from when is disappears electric unplugged supply. to work quot This was meaningless to me until I realised that there was Sound disappears when computer is unplugged from electric supply. no sound and no sound card in Device Manager gt Sound Video and Game Controllers So I googled and I found a guide on an Intel page about reinstalling the audio driver from disc I can t find that page now but it was about uninstalling the software via Add Remove Programs disabling audio in the bios and reinstalling from CD I attempted this but got an error message quot Device Object not present restart the system and run setup again quot and it wouldn t install I got mad thinking I had done something wrong with the entire Windows installation and decided to do a fresh install On fresh install from a XP Pro SP disc I switched off audio at the bios prior to the Windows Install and then installed the device drivers from the Intel DQ COE D - disc in the following order Chipset INF INF ALLOS PC Audio XP XP MCE v LAN LAN ALLOS PV Video and something else through Device Manager On attempting to install the Audio driver I got the same error message as last time quot Device Object not present restart the system and run setup again quot I then tried to install the new driver AUD allOS D x PV IDTGUI v Legacy from http downloadcenter intel com Detail Desc aspx agr Y amp DwnldID amp ProdId amp lang eng amp OSVersion Windows XP Professional amp DownloadType Drivers This produced the following error message quot The hardware detected is not supported by this IDT software package The install was aborted quot I tried re-anabling sound in the bios and then installing and had the same error message I got annoyed with having no sound and so I installed an Audigy sound card Model SB driver Creative Sound Blaster Audigy series driver from http support creative com Products ProductDetails aspx catID amp subCatID amp prodID amp prodName Audigy amp subCatName Audigy amp CatName Sound Blaster amp VARSET prodfaq PRODFAQ VARSET CategoryID and I had sound Then when I restarted and tried the Ubuntu Live CD and there was no sound I restarted Windows and installed the Intel audio driver XP XP MCE v from disc This worked and I had sound through both the Audigy card and the onboard Intel chip Device Manager showed a Sigmatel High Definition Audio Codec under quot Sound Video and Game Controllers quot however I forgot to print screen it so do not have any further details When I shutdown and took the Audigy card out of the PCI slot and restarted I still had sound I then shutdown again and switched on then I had no sound The codec was no longer listed in Device Manager and Device Manager was not recognising any uninstalled devices When I attempted to re-install either of the Intel drivers I got the same error messages as they had previously given I shutdown and returned the Audigy card to the PCI slot and switched on this time getting a shrill beep on any attempt to play sound I then installed the Intel driver AUD allOS D x PV IDTGUI v Legacy from the website which worked this time I shutdown and removed the Audigy card I switched on and had sound I restarted and had sound I thought fixed I removed the Audigy software via Add Remove Programs However when I shutdown and removed the electric plug of the computer and restarted I once again had no sound and no sound card recognised in Device Manager I returned the Audigy card to the PCI slot and when I restart the Intel driver reappears and sound works even after unplugging from the electric So to sum it all up I am confused and need help with Why won t the Intel software install unless the Audigy card is present How come the Intel software remains after the Audigy card is removed but disappears either on shutdown and switch or after unplug Where does the Intel software go when the Audigy card gets removed Given guidance I can provide any information needed to sort this from http www intel com support siu htm SYSTEM INFORMATION Computer Manufacturer Intel Corporation Computer Model DQ CO Operating System O S Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack Operating System Build O S build Operating System version O S Language System RAM MB NET Framework Version not detected CD or DVD Device TSSTcorp CD DVDW SH-S D System Hard Drive Overview System Total Storage Size GB Physical Drive Maker Model HDT DLA Bus Type ATA Local Disk C GB Used space GB Free Space GB Memory Detail Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory GB MOTHERBOARD INFORMATION Manufacturer Intel Model DQ CO AA Number AAD - BIOS Vendor Intel Corp BIOS Version MQ J T BIOS Release Date System Memory MB Built-in Audio Driver Component not detected Built-in Audio Driver Version Built-in Audio Driver Status Device is unknown or unsupported

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Sound disappears when computer is unplugged from electric supply.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Sound disappears when computer is unplugged from electric supply.

Sorry about posting in the wrong forum I didn't see the AV forum.

I thought I should post the fix I have found. I've been trawling google for the various error messages and somehow happened upon this page: http://forums.cnet.com/7723-6122_102-340889.html While I was not getting a "code 10" error I thought I'd try it and it worked!

This is what I did:
Removed the Audigy 2 card, switched on and went to "C:\Program Files\IDT\WDM" and double clicked on suhlp.exe and selected "run anyway" when it said a disc was missing from the D:\ drive. Shutdown and switched on. It worked! I've unplugged twice and it is still working. I wonder if doing this would have solved the original error message "Sonic Focus driver must be loaded for this application to work"...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/406205/sound-disappears-when-computer-is-unplugged-from-electric-supply/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello.

The audio from my computer completely went dead when I turned it on. The speaker icon shows the symbol with the 'X' on it and after clicking it and going through the troubleshooter it can detect no problem. I tried updating the drivers through the HP website, and uninstall/reinstalled them but it still doesn't work. I even tried rolling back the computer to a restore point but that didn't work either.

The speakers are built into my monitor and is connected through a normal audio jack (not HDMI). I normally use my headphones through a jack built into the front of the tower.

My computer is a hp Pavillion Elite m9400f, Windows 7 Ultimate 64X (It also has a ATI HD Radeon 5770 graphics card; but I'm not sure if it's relevant to what might be causing this problem)

Any and all help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

- Xavier

A:No sound from speakers or headphones, computer shows them as unplugged

You can try going to your device manager. Right click the audio device and select disable. Wait a minute, then right click again and select enable. See if this works for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/208820-no-sound-speakers-headphones-computer-shows-them-unplugged.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello, I just bought my  Yoga 710-15ISK Laptop (ideapad) - Machine Type 80U0 and i have noticed that when i use the scroll or the mouse, there is an electrick (buzzing) sound that comes out of the right side of the keyboard. The sound is more intense when the laptop is charging. Does anyone know if it is a normal function or should i be worried?   

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/ELECTRIC-sound-when-scrolling-and-using-mousepad/td-p/3438456
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello,

For a while my computer have been making a electric leak like sound whenever the CPU usage gets high. However, lately it started to make it more often. For example with anti-virus searches and malware search softwares, the CPU usage goes up to 80 percent and this weird noise comes from the CPU.

This sound sample i have recorded for you to picture the sound. This was recorded with microphone very near to CPU. The background humming noise comes from the fan, but I am very certain that this leak-like sound does not come from fan because it does not have a specific pattern and only occur with high CPU uges. The CPU usage was around 80% in this recording.

rapidshare.com/files/336732081/buzzyNoise.mp3

For information, my configurations are:

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00 GHz
2 GB RAM
Motherboard MSI 915P/G Neo2 Platinium ed.

so not that bad.

Thanks for your help in advance.

A:CPU makes an electric leak like sound

P4 has always been a power hungry CPU, that said, I'd say you better check your PSU first, is it providing correct voltage on all the rails?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-makes-an-electric-leak-like-sound.141419/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi I have an Hp Pavilion dv special edition noises sound Speaker weird type grinding, or crackle electric make laptop I used to have Vista but now I have windows after I got the computer fixed I downloaded and installed some programs but I didn t like the effect they had on my computer after running them and so I did a Speaker sound crackle or make weird grinding, electric type noises system restore to a previous date which changed the settings Speaker sound crackle or make weird grinding, electric type noises back to when I didn t have those programs Ever since Windows has been installing updates to my computer and some of those updates were obviously for the audio device installed in on the system My question is for some reason and I can t really discern when the problems started arising every time I try to listen to something on my computer like songs or videos etc -- with moderate volume level--and I try to load something else and or the hard drive is active the sound coming out of the my speakers starts to crackle and make weird electric-like grinding noises This never happened to me before with vista and it s irritating me a great deal now Is there any way to fix this problem Or am I just stuck with this Oh and I forgot to mention when I plug in my headphones the sound continues to play on my speakers rather than within my headphones any explanation for this And what I could possibly do about it to fix it Thanks for the help in advance truly appreciate it

A:Speaker sound crackle or make weird grinding, electric type noises

I just checked the HP website and they do not support Windows 7 on the Pavilion dv2700, meaning they don't have any drivers for Windows 7.Evidently you didn't check that out before installing Windows 7 on it.Drivers for HP laptops are custom-made for the manufacturer (or at least some of them are) so that they match the custom-made components.Furthermore, although HP do have Windows Vista drivers for your Pavilion dv2700, they are not guaranteed to work properly on Windows 7.I'm guessing that's the cause of your current sound problem. Go back to Vista & you will almost certainly have no such problem.If you want Windows 7 buy it pre-installed on a new laptop which has been designed to run it, or before upgrading the OS in future, check that suitable drivers are available from the laptop maker's website!If you were led to believe that all Windows Vista drivers will work just as well on Windows 7, you've been misinformed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/391379/speaker-sound-crackle-or-make-weird-grinding-electric-type-noises/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi As far as I remember this started to happen few weeks ago or so The mouse hangs a second or two than skips and after that it works ok for - minutes When the mouse hangs there is sometimes a USB plug or unplug sound but this unplug and hangs disappears sound sound, mouse USB sound is also hearable sometimes when the mouse doesn't hang This happens in windows but also while I play games I can hear this sound also when I plug unplug the monitor cable to from the graphic card Also this sound occures every time when I replace my graphic card driver with newer one but only fitst time right after the windows restart I know I USB unplug sound, mouse hangs and sound disappears can turn it off in the system sounds but that's not the solution I'm looking for I checked the cable and pluged the mouse into another USB port but that didn't change a thing I even reinstalled Windows but USB unplug sound, mouse hangs and sound disappears the same thing happens again Also sometimes when i turn on the computer I have no sound In volume mixer the Speaker disappears and I have only SPDIF out I don't use it When I reinstall the drivers it works again for few days This happened on my old config too but only or times in few years after the nvidia graphic card update and computer restart You can see the full details about my config in system specs Regards and sorry for my English

A:USB unplug sound, mouse hangs and sound disappears

hi and welcome if its the mouse driver causing problems un-install the driver pull mouse out reboot pc make sure you are connected to internet when desktop is on screen re-plug mouse in and let windows re-install mouse driver

un-install the driver in device manager http://www.petri.co.il/removing-old-...d-windows7.htm

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/128316-usb-unplug-sound-mouse-hangs-sound-disappears.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi everyone. Recently I have had this problem where when my laptop is on my desk, it is connected to the power cable, a usb hub (my wireless mouse reciever and the power for my speakers), and a green cord that hooks into the headphone port of my laptop that is connected to my speakers. So I have had this setup for a while now but recently when I take all of these cables out and i go on sites like youtube or hulu or netflix, the audio will not play. the video will not play either. but as soon as i plug it back in, everything is fine. Please help. I cannot watch Youtube in my bed at night anymore! 

I have an HP Pavilion DM4-3099se laptop.

A:Sound won't work when unplugged!

It sounds like your setup is drawing too much power for the battery alone.
You might try the laptop only and use the internal resources.
Keep us posted 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541558/sound-wont-work-when-unplugged/
Relevancy 52.46%

I'm running Windows Vista Basic on an HP Compaq laptop. When I unplug my headphones, I can't get audio back in my internal speakers. The sound returns when I restart my computer, but it should automatically switch back after unplugging the headphones. How can I make sure it does that?

A:No Sound When Headphones Unplugged

check your sound drives.. right click on my computer "properties" then go to device manager.. check the version of the sound card. You might need to upgrade it, either right click and update driver or download the later version for it..
Cheers

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/261000-no-sound-when-headphones-unplugged.html
Relevancy 52.03%

.After the certain moment, my speakers don't work, when the headphones get unplugged (3.5 mm jack). There is only speakers icon in playback tab, no matter, whether headphones are plugged in or not.
Is there a way to determine, whether windows7 detects the headphone jack as plugged in, even if it's not? (that would be hardware problem then, I guess). If so, how to disable jack detection, so that the speakers can get unblocked? Or suggest any other solution. Thanks for replies.

A:Sound not working when headphones unplugged

It's not a software problem.

The phone jack on the PC has a switch which is likely to be failing, especially if the machine has a few years on it and you've over time switch between the headphones and the speakers frequently.

The switch allows speaker output when the phones are disconnected and disallow when connected. So even though you have physically disconnected the headset, the switch is not reconnecting to the speakers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-not-working-when-headphones-unplugged.192989/
Relevancy 52.03%

Just when all was going well....system has decided that my HDMI connection...hitherto without problems
....is now 'unplugged'....and no matter what I do (reboot..switch devices on/off)....I now have no HDMI connection

Well...VIDEO is present....but NO SOUND

I've just wasted an hour trying to get this going...any thoughts please???

A:No Sound through HDMI...connection is now unplugged!!

Must be more specific.Is this to a HD tv?

Right-click the volume control icon on the bottom taskbar and click on Playback Devices to open the pop-up window for sound options. In the Playback tab, select Digital Output Device or HDMI as the default device, click Set Default and click OK to save the changes.
In the Video cards control panel may have to check for the settings for HDMI connection for audio.Need more info on what your doing exactly.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/35724-no-sound-through-hdmi-connection-now-unplugged.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a Toshiba Pro L300 laptop running XP pro. Periodically the sound disappears; when I bring up sound in control panel all the controls are blanked out. The only way I can fix it is by doing a system restore. There are no hardware conflicts showing in device manager, which says the sound is working properly. Suggestions appreciated; thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-disappears.830263/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio on a Dell 4550. Just recently my sound disappears. I look in the control panel under Sounds and it lists there is no audio device installed. I have to restart computer to get sound back...and then that only works sometimes. No major change to system except I did need to install a new video card a week ago because my ATI Radeon 9700 went bad. I installed a new ATI Radeon 9200 SE...but I don't know if that has anything to do with the sound. Please help.

Relevancy 51.6%

All of a sudden, my sound disappears. I don't think that it is electontronic as it totally disappears; then comes back for a while. It happens when I try to play a CD, a DVD, Real Player or Windows Media Player.

Relevancy 51.6%

My sound keeps 'disappearing' for no reason. When the machine first boots, everything works, but after a while there is no sound. Device manager always shows a splat on 'Microsoft Kernel Wave Audio Mixer' and rebooting solves the problem. But it gets extremely irritating. Even adter a fresh boot, if I leave the machine for some time and check it later, the sound is gone. The properties of the splat inform me that Windows cannot load the device driver; but why does it 'unload', even if the machine is not used?
The driver is kmixer.sys, which is dated 2001, even on XP sp2.

Even changing sound cards does not solve the problem. Initially I was using the sound hardware on my motherboard, but as an experiment I disabled that in the BIOS and installed a PCI sound card. Didn't help.

A:Sound 'disappears'

what folder is your kmixer.sys in?
what version number is it?
mine is 5.1.2600.2180 dated 8/4/2004

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-disappears.491507/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi

I'm getting a fairly regular scenario where there is no sound whatsoever when XP (SP2) starts. I also loose sound after Windows starts (log-on theme OK) after quite some time, and then sometimes it returns for no apparent reason.

I should mention I have a dual-boot system with XP and Vista HP (with XP as the default) and it has happened on both.

I've checked all my connections and they're fine. Is there a way to re-initialise the soundcard (Soundblaster X-Fi), is Windows loosing it's address somehow, I'm puzzled.

I hope someone can help.
Mal.

A:Sound disappears

Since it happens on both boots of the OS I would say it should be a problem with the sound card. I doubt it is a driver issue because it would be really odd that the drivers would go bad on both boots.

We will try this just to cover the driver issue of possibly being bad on both boots. There is a special driver disk that comes with the recovery disk set or with the computer that is loaded with all of the drivers that are initially needed for the computer to run these drivers are the chipset, buss, audio, video, networking and others. If you do not have this disk the drivers can be downloaded thru either the manufacturers web site for either the computer or the motherboard manufacturer. I would suggest downloading the proper one's for the components in your computer and running them for each OS installed ont he computer.

If this does not work I would install a new sound card, if the sound card on the computer is built into the motherboard then it will be shut-off when the new one is added or you can or might be able to shut-off in BIOS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-disappears.580177/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, help, my sound disappears everytime I reboot my laptop and I have to reinstall the driver for my soundcard. Can anybody tell me what's causing this to happen and how to cure the problem...I have a Dell Latitude D505, XP, and sound control is via a Sigma Tel C-Major Audio driver.

Mike Steel

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sound-disappears-37707.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have been having this problem for over years and have never been able to figure out what the problem is If I start up my Windows laptop and use something that uses sound right away I'm fine If I don't get around to using my sound until several minutes later there is no sound and when I investigate it says another application is already using the sound but I can never figure out what application has hijacked my sound I thought I had solved the problem last night when I uninstalled the sound drivers I expected to notified that new hardware had been found when Sound disappears I rebooted the computer but I was not so notified Instead my sound worked and even though I Sound disappears left my sound alone for an hour I still had sound after an hour When I checked it showed different items under the sound device manager than what I had uninstalled I was disappointed this morning to learn that once again if I did not Sound disappears use sound right away after starting my laptop I had none I checked device manager and still had the same items under sound as when I had shut my computer down the previous evening I'm thinking of uninstalling these drivers and see what I get when I reboot but not sure if it will help or if it's the right thing to do Anyone else experience this sound hijacking that I am

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579210/sound-disappears/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi Very new to posting threads or blogging and also know NOTHING about PC's so please be gentle with me I have got a Sound disappears! new Dell Studio xps Windows bit I spent the best part of Saturday re-installing all my itunes library from disc's When finished i thought i'd better check that everything was OK and therefore 'clicked' on a dozen or so tracks and films at random Everything seemed fine and then Sound disappears! the sound went The progress bar was still moving or the film was still playing but no sound At first i thought i must have a corrupt file so i tried opening track via Windows media player at Sound disappears! first OK but on one track the same thing happened Now i went into panic mode thinking that all the files were corrupt I uninstalled and re-installed itunes times spoke to itunes support for an hour I went onto istore and previewed a song therefore not in my files and the same thing happened To test it once more i've just purchased a song and downloaded it from istore and the same thing the progress bar moves but no sound Any thoughts

A:Sound disappears!

Johnxyx0,

Welcome to 7 forums.
Please complete you system specs.
Look in Control Panel for Device Manager and see if there are any yellow yield signs showing. It may be as simple as updating a driver or two.
Always update driver's from Manufactures website.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/147423-sound-disappears.html
Relevancy 51.6%

When i plug my hdmi cable into my laptop to my tv and i set digital output device HDMI as my default so that I can hear the sound from my computer... but when i unplug my hdmi cable and set my speakers as the default my sound wont work unless i restart my laptop.

How can I fix this problem its driving me crazy

Also do I have to always change my default sound when i plug in my hdmi cable its rather annoying

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/262082-sound-not-working-when-hdmi-cable-unplugged.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi all,
First of all i am new at this forum so dont be harsh on me.

I have problem with my Asus N75SF laptop.Sometimes my sound dissapears and it comes back after a while or when i restart my laptop.So the problem occurs when i turn on my laptop there is no sound and after 5 min or so it comes back or i need to restart.Is it possible to have problem with my sound driver?
I have Realtek High Definition Audio.I check the driver in device manager and try to update but it says that my driver is up to date.

Can you help me with this problem?Do you have any solutions?
Thanks in advance

A:My laptop sound sometimes disappears

Do you have any suggestion?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/196842-my-laptop-sound-sometimes-disappears.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Intermittently the sound on my PC (XP) disappears. When I start Media Player, it tells me there is a problem with my device or it doesn't exist.

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly."​
The volume controls are all greyed out. If I delete the sound device in device manager, the device will re-install fine and be usable, but the next time I boot, it may (or may not) be usable again.

Relevancy 51.17%

I've got onboard sound using the Realtek AC97 driver. I have normal sound after the boot and for a variable period afterward, but eventually the sound stops and clicking on the voulme control icon gets me a "no mixer devices available" error.
All drivers report normal and working in the device manager but anything I try to do that requires sound fails with "no driver" or "no sound device" error.
I did a full virus scan and re-installed an up-to-date AC97 driver.
When I shut down to reboot, I get the Windows shut-down chord and then normal sound again for a period after the boot.

A:Sound driver disappears

Hi,

If you still get that driver error, then one of the drivers must be faulty. That should (as a rule) be reported in the Device Manager, but it is possible that it would not be. If it were mine, I would try two things.

First, I would update all drivers under the Sound heading and see if that helps. If not, then go to the next step.

My next option would be to delete all the options that have drivers under that heading and then reload the sound drivers from the MOTHERBOARD CD,

If they still don't work, then try your newest and best drivers that you have already downloaded.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sound-driver-disappears-62350.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a strange problem. This is a Compaq EVO with a SoundMax system running W2K Pro.
Sometimes, the sound partially disappears. Meaning, applications like Outlook and QuickBooks stop playing their usual sound. However, you can still play a wav file with Media Player. Also, the sound scheme changes from Windows Default to nothing. And some of the sounds that appear there can be played, but they stay like continuously playing,meaning that the play/stop toggle button does not go back to the triangle (play) but stays a square (stop).

Any clues?

Thanks,

Dan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-disappears-partially.462990/
Relevancy 50.31%

I also have a problem with my sound device. It sais I have none. No icon appears in the lower right hand side of my screen. I can't listen to anything online. It's driving me insane. I talked to someone in the past who told me to download everest home edition and follow his steps. But, I can't find him. I've downloaded everest and got a report. Does anyone know where he was going with this?

A:Another case of XP and Onboard Sound Disappears

cannibalcol said:

I also have a problem with my sound device. It sais I have none. No icon appears in the lower right hand side of my screen. I can't listen to anything online. It's driving me insane. I talked to someone in the past who told me to download everest home edition and follow his steps. But, I can't find him. I've downloaded everest and got a report. Does anyone know where he was going with this?Click to expand...

1. Don't know if you have XP or Vista, but here's a couple links to try for your troubleshooting
- Missing Sound Icon
- Fixing Vista sound problems (Altho this comes from HP/Compaq is pretty generic for all Vista

2. If you continue with problems, you should start a new thread in Audio Video Forum. You should include the Everest Report as well as report from dxdiag (see below)
Click to download then run Everest Home. From top of Everest window:

Click File->Preferences
Check English
Then (still under Preferences) click Report and uncheck Include Debug Information
Close Preferences window

Click Reports->Report Wizard. Get a Custom Report report in plain text. Check these items
Computer
Motherboard
Sound

Attach the report file to a TechSpot post. When you create your TechSpot post, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see it among your icons, you need to click the TechSpot Go Advanced button towards bottom of window)
Generate a DirectX report
click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button. Attach this report to a post as well

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/another-case-of-xp-and-onboard-sound-disappears.115299/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello,
I'm using Windows 7 and have been having some annoying issues using headphones. They aren't USB headphones, just ones that go into the headphones/speakers port. First, I have to disable the speakers sound device for the headphones to work, which is annoying, but something I can live with. But when I unplug the headphones, the headphones sound device will disappear, and plugging them back in will not always make it show up again. I can restart with them plugged in, and it will show up, but obviously this is annoying, and I can't figure out how to get it to just show up. Anyone know anything about this?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/431030/sound-device-for-headphones-disappears/
Relevancy 50.31%

For some reason frequently.. devices plugged No being sound nor Win7-64b happening unplugged in.. USB lately I keep having this weird issue First the mouse will stop working for about three USB sound happening frequently.. No devices being unplugged nor plugged in.. Win7-64b to five seconds and then I will hear the quot dum-dum quot sound as if a USB device is being plugged in It's began to happen more frequently I checked my motherboard and I noticed that two out of four of my USB ports are very loose As in I can move the cable around inside of it up and down and it just doesn't feel tight The other two fit tight I'm worried that the issue might be with my motherboard as I recently purchased this gaming computer from a friend of mine for a really good deal It's very difficult to manipulate the problem in hopes of figuring out which device may be causing it At first I thought it could be my mouse Logitech because of the three-to-five second lag but I believe that may be just from the computer registering a new component I've paid attention to my desktop and I do not receive a pop-up on the bottom-right side of the screen telling me that a new hardware was found There's absolutely no message only a short lag and the sound Any help would be much appreciated

A:USB sound happening frequently.. No devices being unplugged nor plugged in.. Win7-64b

Hi -

Boot into SAFEMODE - tap F8 key during boot-up.

Do you experience the same problems - mouse lag?

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/usb-sound-happening-frequently-no-devices-being-unplugged-nor-plugged-in-win7-64b-508292.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi there Usually I've been able to troubleshoot my PC woes and worries using my dear friend Google and or some logic thinking But there's something quot strange quot going on with my mediacenter-PC Sound minutes seconds 'disappears' 2 and returns 15 later after As I've looked on these forums but couldn't find a solution and to be honest I'm baffled by this the following I was using Windows XP on my mediacenter until weeks ago No Sound 'disappears' after 15 minutes and returns 2 seconds later problems during playback whatsoever Upgraded this system Sound 'disappears' after 15 minutes and returns 2 seconds later with Windows recently installed the Kazaa Lite Codec Pack XBMC and experienced no problems during the installation Upgraded the video Nvidia GT and the audio drivers provided on Gigabyte's site and noticed during playback that the sound goes quot off quot after minutes It 'disappears' for seconds and comes back again My setup the motherboard GA-MA GM-S H - gt this is connected with an S PDIF cable to my audio system JVC amplifier and the symptoms I see are - sound goes off - my amplifier shows quot Linear PCM quot for a second - the sound comes back and continues after seconds So reinstalled Windows again didn't install any updates or extra drivers for the soundcard just the Kazaa codec pack and tried again with Media Player Classic included in the codec pack gt same problem again Might anyone have any suggestions thanks a lot dimi PS I've included a screenshot of my device manager the current sound properties and not sure if this is related the volume control options

A:Sound 'disappears' after 15 minutes and returns 2 seconds later

I would start with a clean install of Win 7, motherboard chipset drivers and system device drivers (and install Windows 7 specific drivers). DO NOT install any additional software such as the referenced codec pack. Use the built in Windows Media Player and see if works OK or if you have problems. If it works OK, then start adding wthatever software you want, one program at a time and then check to see if it works OK before adding anything else.

Also, as you upgraded from XP, how much memory do you have? You need a minimum of 2GB of RAM for Win 7 and as you have the 64 bit version I would go with a minimum of 4GB.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/101203-sound-disappears-after-15-minutes-returns-2-seconds-later.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I installed Windows x so x for instalations recently and from beggining I had problems with sound After installing windows all other drivers were ok video motherboard ethernet but there were no sound Windows showed that there is sound drivers instaled disappears realtek after pc sound restarting windows 7 S pdif or something like that and as I windows 7 realtek sound disappears after restarting pc turned music on bars moved but there was no sound from speakers I havent muted anything by myself and wtf I just installed win it shouldnt be mutted anyway So I installed realtek newest audio High definition drivers which is my integrated sound card compatable with restarted PC and vualia it worked windows 7 realtek sound disappears after restarting pc New icon appeared I heard sound from music movies But then I shutted down my pc turned it in couple of hours and they werent there anymore gt Windows showed that there are no outputs or smth red cross were on sound sign then installed default drivers who were at the begging then I installed it And bam I can't hear sound again I read that problem might be when windows sended updates it sends realtek lan instead of sound or smth like that And I found it in update history that win send realtek lan but I dont know if disabling it could solve the problem Do you guys have any Idea

A:windows 7 realtek sound disappears after restarting pc

S/PDIF -> Sony/Panasonic Digital Interface is to connect to an external receiver via optical cable.

Make sure you have your speakers plugged in properly and select Speakers as your default output, unless you actually have the PC connected to an external receiver via optical cable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/195928-windows-7-realtek-sound-disappears-after-restarting-pc.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,
I didn't use my work laptop for close to 2 months and since then I've been having issues. First, I bought new speakers branded instudio by the source, that's when I've been getting sound problems with my laptop. At first, issue was only on firefox, so I uninstalled firefox and reinstalled it and seemed to fix the problem. But now, since last saturday, whenever I play on chess.com the sounds starts distorting after a minute or so and it effects my whole computer. So sound either disapears or distorts on whatever browser, site, harddrive etc. I reinstalled the sound driver but still the same issue. Also my computer has started freezing on occasion, it has never done that either. My laptop is a dell latitude E5500 with windows 7 pro. Please help me thanks.

A:Sound on my laptop disappears or gets distorted, plus pc freezes too now.

Any Help?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559339/sound-on-my-laptop-disappears-or-gets-distorted-plus-pc-freezes-too-now/
Relevancy 49.88%

this problem seems to have gotten to many people... when watching a video sound is gone after viewing it a few seconds, and the video is still running, u have to press pause and play over and over again to have the sound
some people get a problem where videos pause for no reason , so once again "pause, unpause and its playing" (for a few seconds)
im talking about most video streaming sytes, youtube has some videos like that , other than that , http://www.cha.lt/category/video/ in here , all videos are like that, in the past days the video comments are full of tears because of that
maybe someone has any solutions?

P.S. there is nothing wrong with my sound card or internet or whatever, if so than thousands of people has it =) this wouldnt seem right would it ?..

A:sound disappears after a few seconds when watching videos

No worries, got it... the website mentioned www.cha.lt is messed up , everythings happening because of it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-disappears-after-a-few-seconds-when-watching-videos.834148/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello, I am completely at a loss! Having tried everything from updating drivers, uninstalling soundcard rebooting and installing again and finally system restore. The problem is if the pc is left on for a while the sound will go. Speakers work fine. Here is my system sound spec:

Description: Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: Yes
Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0887&SUBSYS_1458A002&REV_1003
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 65535
Type: WDM
Driver Name: HdAudio.sys
Driver Version: 6.01.7601.17514 (English)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
Date and Size: 11/21/2010 04:23:47, 350208 bytes
Other Files:
Driver Provider: Microsoft
HW Accel Level: Basic
Cap Flags: 0xF1F
Min/Max Sample Rate: 100, 200000
Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 1, 0
Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0
HW Memory: 0
Voice Management: No
EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No
I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No
Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No

Please help, my pc is only 1 year old

A:Sound just completely disappears but Headphones work?

The first thing I see is you have "High Definition Audio" device which suggests you just have the basic function Windows installed audio driver and not the correct RealTek audio driver from Gigabyte.

If this is the case, the first thing to do is install the Gigabyte provided sound driver, which is a full feature driver. The vendor's driver is the preferred sound driver. This may not fix the problem, but its a needed start.

GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM3+ - GA-M68MT-S2 (rev. 3.1)

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/291350-sound-just-completely-disappears-but-headphones-work.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Dear Tech Guy,

I was online with you a few minutes ago... As I said I received (in a friend's computer) Code 39 (Conexant AC-link Audio Device). Could you please help me solving this problem... (NO SOUND AT ALL)...

How do I reinstall this device...?

thanks
edgarfc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-disappears-after-upgrade-xp-home-edition.219023/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello!My T420 have latest BIOS, latest Windows 10 updates and drivers, Ubuntu 16.04 LTS kernel and updates. Randomly my sound output is disappeared :Windows 10, there is a red cross on volume gauge, clicking on it calls standard wizard of resolving drivers problems, it's doing some magic and asks for reboot. After reboot all works fine, but after sleep, reboot or shutdown it occurs again.in Ubuntu in sound manager sound output reverts into fictive output, no sound, no volume meter, in lspci device list there is no intel hda output device. After several reset, it dissappears and also all works fine but again, same as in windows it can occurs again.Please help me, thanks in advance.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T420-sound-card-randomly-disappears/td-p/3385540
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi, so today I unplugged my computer while it was still running by accident. Now it wont start at all, no lights, no fans, nothing. I am concerned that it may be a problem with my power supply (maybe fried it or something). And no its not a problem with the cord (I tried a different one), its not a problem with the power switch (the one that you switch to either circle or line) because I tried it both ways. However recently my computers power button stopped working so my brother hooked up an old keyboard to my computer so to start it I will press a key on that keyboard and it will start up my computer, so I have to keyboards one to start the computer up and one to type. So in summary im not really sure what the problem is but im 90% sure it has something to do with either my "power keyboard" of my Power Supply so yeah. Any help will be apreciated

A:Accidentaly unplugged computer without shutting down. Computer will not start.

Try and get a psu off a friend who might have a extra one. Go from there. This way you might be able to narrow it down. It really hard to say what happen .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/accidentaly-unplugged-computer-without-shutting-down-computer-will-not-start.203970/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey guys bought a New seagate barracuda 1TB hard drive earlier this year and have been having problems with it for a couple of weeks now, the drive makes a spinning sound as it would when it starts up and does this for a couple of times till the drive disappears from my Pc I did scan the drive for errors but none came up i also ran Seagate tools and it states the drive is fine no errors were logged in event viewer and im about to return the drive but have lost my receipt can someone please advice me if there's anything else i can do

A:Secondary Seagate Hard drive disappears after making spinning sound

Make sure all the cables are connected properly.

Open power options (Advanced) > disable power saving for storage devices.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/345476-secondary-seagate-hard-drive-disappears-after-making-spinning-sound.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I am having this issue and have been searching online for days with no solution, so hoping someone here can help..
I have a dell laptop that suddenly started getting this message about network cable is unplugged, when it in fact isn't.. I cannot run ipconfig, i get an error that says it's not allowed. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. The light on the network port is on, and I've tried several known working cables with no luck. I even went so far as to buy a dlink ethernet adapter that plugs into the laptop slot (pcm I think it's called) and this network card has the same issue, however works perfectly in another machine. I have tried winsock repairs I found online, but having no luck anywhere.
Any suggestions? Any further questions? Thanks!

John

A:Network cable unplugged error, but it's not unplugged

If it is not unplugged, you have a damaged socket, damaged cable, or damaged or defective ethernet card.
What error flags to you have in the Device Manager?
What is your Dell model and how old is it?
Using a strong light and a magnifying glass, look for bent or twisted wire in the ethernet socket., or just plain ol dirt, dust, hair, and fiber.
Still, a bad cable is most user's most likely problem. Do't forget that the other end of the connection can give you the same error message.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-cable-unplugged-error-but-its-not-unplugged.133483/
Relevancy 47.73%

My laptop has been attacked by some malware and spyware in card Won't Soooo Sound Their is disappears-System Close Slow Open - Programs Own- On the past few Programs Won't Open - Close On Their Own- Sound card disappears-System is Soooo Slow months I thought I had gotten rid of them except that I couldn t delete Super Antispyware Programs Won't Open - Close On Their Own- Sound card disappears-System is Soooo Slow It is on my system and I thought is was now dormant When it first tried to install on my system it gave me constant popups to the point where I just shut down my system for over a day hoping it would go away It calmed down but I could never get rid of it I don t know if that is the problem or not I ll be in the middle of typing a Word Doc and the program will just shut down without warning The same thing has started happening with IE Pages just disappear all of the sudden or they stop responding at all My system locks up fairly often This is my work computer Please help I run Avast Anitvirus and it updates daily Here is my HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Acer eManager anbmServ exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C WINDOWS system Rundll exe C WINDOWS system keyhook exe C Program Files Arcade PCMService exe C Program Files Acer eRecovery Monitor exe C WINDOWS SM BG EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Yahoo Search Protection SearchProtection exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACDaemon exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files NoAds NoAds exe C Program Files The Weather Channel FW Desktop DesktopWeather exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files DS Clock DSClock exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system sistray exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files IncrediMail bin IMApp exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS system DllHost exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Product Assistant bin hprblog exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sb http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sp http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Inter... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/programs-wont-open-close-on-their-own-sound-card-disappears-system-is-soooo-slow.807787/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a Dell Inspiron with factory installed Win 7 Home Premium. I have several WD External USB hard drives that worked well on my old XP laptop.

Two things cause the problems in the title: I will be transferring files and it will just stop and suddenly the drive is no longer working. I can still see it in my computer, but none of the files are accessible. Eventually (randomly) the drives disappear from my computer. The second way it happens is if I manually unplug the drive, it will still show up in my computer. Also, like I said, eventually they do disappear.

But then, I cannot get them to be recognized if I plug them back in, unless I reboot.

Is this a Win 7 bug with WD drives? I don't remember this much trouble with XP.

A:USB drives are unplugged, but still in My Computer for a while

No answer to this? I am still having this problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/255842-usb-drives-unplugged-but-still-my-computer-while.html
Relevancy 47.3%

By Accident I Unplugged My Computer while it was on and now i am worried that my movie files will be corrupted...they seem to play fine...but i am still worried....please could somebody please help by telling me if any of my files will become damaged...thank you

A:By Accident I Unplugged My Computer While It Was On

Unless the files were open and being played or saved at the time of the power loss, there should be no damage.

But remember that power can do out at any time and hard disks die without warning (quite often, these days), so all your important data must be backed up. Since you are so worried it would suggest you have no backup plan. Maybe time to get one?

As an example I backup all new data every day, to a second and totally separate hard drive, then all data to DVD every week. Every DVD is "verified" to ensure that no files are corrupt in the copy process.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/by-accident-i-unplugged-my-computer-while-it-was-on.473623/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,
I was playing Eve Online when my computer got unplugged. Now when I try to run eve, I crash. I'm also having trouble with other programs, and can't install some of my drivers.

Any thoughts on what may cause something like this?

Thanks,

A:Computer unplugged now crashing

First guess would be file corruption from the machine being shut off while in use.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-unplugged-now-crashing-558390.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi guys I really need some help with this one AS MUCH AS I CAN GET I tried to contact acer support but as for me because i have no warranty on the machine they will not do anything to help me but to tell me unplugged will +MORE until not shut Computer down to look on their forums Which i have Problem Computer will not shut down until unplugged +MORE - The computer itself will not shut off If i unplug it and leave it and let everything stop I let it sit for a week i am sure there is no power in it Now If When i plug the computer back in I do not have to push the power button for it to turn on it just turns on as soon as the power source Computer will not shut down until unplugged +MORE is connected Problem - After the computer boots it will not connect to any monitor Nor will it show me anything on any monitor i dont even think the OS is booting properly Computer will not shut down until unplugged +MORE in that case i would have to take it to geek squad and let them look at it since i bought ir form bestbuy No warranty though so i would have to pay for it Problem - I have been looking for weeks If anyone knows anything at all it would much appreciated i am tired of not being able to play video games cuz of this not so fast laptop Computer specs From what i know and have installed - AMD Phenom quad core processor - Nvidia Gforce gtx graphics card - gb sata HD - gb ram Model - Acer AM for Original specs that came with the machine Not my computer this is the one i bought at first nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

I accidently turned the power switch off! Now all I'm getting is the main screen with no icons. I have a Dell Deminsion E310 and WindowsXP.

Relevancy 46.87%

I too had a problem when we re-modeled the computer room I simply unplugged the power and to computer Unplugged can't Internet connect now supply and left all other cables intact Since we don t usually use the PC Unplugged computer and now can't connect to Internet that the router and modem are attached to rather we use our laptops I simply re-plugged everything into a portable power strip and we did fine for the week that the room was disassembled When I moved the PC back into the room I simply plugged in the power Nothing No internet to the PC no wireless I have tried resetting all boxes changing out ethernet cables uninstalling the router and reinstalling calling AT amp T short of their service call which I refuse and being mindful of switching the modem from PPOE to bridged I finally bought a new router which was stupid I ve never heard of a router going bad and even that didn t help when I had this problem last year it ended being the modem and once they replaced it I didn t have any other problems until now My modem works fine as long as it s hardwired into the PC Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated I ve never had this problem with any other service provider besides at amp t I m so over it nbsp

A:Unplugged computer and now can't connect to Internet

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Note: You will need to post complete details of your configuration and your specific issue in this new thread for us to help you.

Thanks for your cooperation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unplugged-computer-and-now-cant-connect-to-internet.909141/
Relevancy 46.87%

Earlier today I was surfing the internet when my computer suddenly made 2 beeps. Over the course of the next hour it continued making the same 2 beeps at intervals of approximately 5-10 minutes. I decided to turn off the computer and unplug it and, whilst waiting to plug it back in, I was surprised to hear the computer make the same two beeps! I carried on waiting and the computer continued to make the same 2 beeps every 5-10 minutes despite being disconnected from the mains.

At present the computer is still doing the 2 beeps every 5-10 mins regardless of whether it is on, off or unplugged. I'm not 100% sure where the noise is coming from but i'm guessing its the motherboard?

Can anyone offer any help as to what is causing the beeps and how to stop it?

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,

Just building a new system today, its running a i7 930, anyway if I have the processor plugged in all the fans start and lights come on, but the fan are not at full speed and then I get continuous short beeps. If I unplug the processor all the fans run at full speed and I get no beep. I have already swapped out the PSU with a known working PSU and still got the same result. Any suggestions?

A:Computer Beeps continuously unless CPU is unplugged

I believe that, in order for anyone to be able to help, they need to know a few more things.
At the very least , which Motherboard or which BIOS does your MOBO have?
To quote from the website pcapprentice,"Computer beep codes run in a sequence and need to be identified as such. Whether they
are long or short beeps you have to determine where the sequence ends and the next begins. While the
sequence is continuous there is a slight pause between the series of computer beep codes"
You can buy a POST Diagnostics Card to get a readout, if you can't determine the number of beeps.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815158065&Tpk=bios post card
It might also be helpful to know what else is connected to the MOBO--graphics card, RAM, etc.?
With luck, it could be something really simple, like you don't have a GPU plugged in.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-beeps-continuously-unless-cpu-is-unplugged.145276/
Relevancy 46.87%

please help i ll give you the short version then the long I was now detect unplugged wireless won't Computer don t know anything about computers and spendd days online hooking up computers and one ipod to my wireless router this computer was working fine but my mom unplugged the computer computer to paint the wall When we plugged it back in it does Computer was unplugged now won't detect wireless not recogize the wireless network i had this problem before and fixed it but that was weeks ago and i have no idea what i did to fix it i have an LAN line running the length of our house from the router to computer and that is how i am able to get online long version Computer was unplugged now won't detect wireless this particular computer was onced hooked Computer was unplugged now won't detect wireless up to a regular router as another computer computer was i lost my job and moved home bringing my laptop computer ipod touch and wireless router i connected my wireless router to the original router using an ethernet i followed a few tutorials on how to change dchp to static i ethernetted my computer computer to the wireless router and it recognized the wireless network i unplugged it and it worked i did the same thing for my mom s computer computer For what ever reason computer was such a headache and harder to get the wireless to be recognized but i figured it out well today computer was unplugged and now it doesn t recognize the wireless router again All the other systems do i m afraid to reset the router because i dont want the other computers to go down if the router resets to factory it took me days to figure out how to get this far anyway i know the problem is this computer since the other systems recongize the wireless just fine any advice this computer is an hp smart touch vista the router is a wireless linksys any help would be greatly appreciated as my mom wants this blue cord gone also the original router is still hooked up because i was afraid to disconnect everything and just use the wireless lastly this computer says that another computer is using the same ip address well it s the same address on all the other computers so i don t know why this one cares so much thanks and hopefully this makes sense nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Issue I unplugged and replugged my two monitors Now when I turn the computer on it does not boot up Instead the CD drive clicks and nothing happens If I attempt to Boot Monitors, Now Won't Unplugged Computer shut it off by holding the power button it turns right back on again While it still worked external memory devices USB flash SD cards in USB adapter etc Unplugged Monitors, Now Computer Won't Boot did not work All other USB devices did Sims would only run with severe graphical glitches see thread in Games subsection for details Latest Changes Idiot ex installed Windows Ultimate on my machine assuring me it would take care of all driver needs I was unaware of his habit at the time but looking back I believe he may have Unplugged Monitors, Now Computer Won't Boot been operating under the influence of marijuana And he intends to do this sort of thing Unplugged Monitors, Now Computer Won't Boot professionally in the military in a life-and-death situation I hate my life Specs Compaq Presario SR NX Desktop Windows Ultimate -bit SP AMD Athlon tm Processor GHz GB RAM AsusTek EAH graphics card Update I unplugged the computer and then plugged it in again for the third time and now all of a sudden it recognizes both monitors now and can boot up again Now my question is quot why quot Oh and it s back to the previous two problems now nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unplugged-monitors-now-computer-wont-boot.1054619/
Relevancy 46.87%

I mistakenly unplugged my computer while working on it. Now, I cannot find my hard drive. How can I get everything back?

A:Unplugged computer/hard drive gone

HELP! computer was unplugged while being logged on and doing work. now my hard drive has disappeared. What can I do?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unplugged-computer-hard-drive-gone-562704.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I was cleaning my office and moving my office around yesterday. I unplugged the computer and disconnected all peripherals in order to move it to the other side of the room. Once everything was in place in the new location, I connected everything and then plugged in the computer. the fan came on, leds show up on my ethernet port, but the computer won't turn on. I press the on button and get nothing, the fan continues to turn, and only turns off if I unplug the machine... is this a PSU problem?

I have already purchased a new and improved computer, but need to access my old one for contact information, legal documents, and website addresses that I can't afford to lose.

I am considering bringing it in for service but thought if the suggestion is that the PSU is bad then I might just switch that out myself.

please advise.

A:Unplugged and Moved Computer, Now it will not turn on

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Just try starting the computer with just the mains cable and monitor attached.

The reason I say that, is because not so very long ago, I had the same problem.

It turned out that the din connector to my tv card was shorting out.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unplugged-and-moved-computer-now-it-will-not-turn-on.45507/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey guys I ve been digging through old posts here to try and figure out what s wrong with my PC from reading info here I think it s a bad power power bad sound like Does this a supply? supply but wanted to see what you think first The computer is a cheapo E Machines desktop W It s about years old Does this sound like a bad power supply? We usually leave it on all the time A couple of days ago I noticed it was on light on front was on but I wasn t getting anything on the screen I rebooted it and it was fine Yesterday all the lights on the CPU were flashing and again nothing was displaying on the screen Now it will not boot back up Normally when there is power to the PC I have to push the button on the front of the CPU to power it up but now if there s power to the PC IE surge protector is turned on it instantly runs In other words I can t turn the power off unless I shut off the surge protector When it has power both cooling fans run the one on the power supply and the one on the main processor but all the lights on the front of the CPU just rapidly flash It never attempts to boot up So what do you think power supply I d just go out and buy a new computer but stupidly I haven t backed up my web site stuff off of this one in a long time Thank you in advance I appreciate any help nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

SINCE INSTALLING WINDOWS XP MY CD ROM VANISHES FROM THE MY COMPUTER SCREEN.
ALSO ANY DISK I HAVE THAT HAS A PROGRAM ON IT THAT WAS COPIED DOES NOT APPEAR TO WORK.
CD ROM IS A MATSHITA CR-588
MARIAN

A:Cd Rom Disappears Off My Computer

If after you remove CD Burning software, you can no longer access your CD ROM's,
the following registry keys need to be deleted:

Locate and delete the UpperFilters and LowerFilters values under the following key in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rom-disappears-off-my-computer.106518/
Relevancy 46.01%

I recently bought a used computer from our school that runs xp service pack I have a computer set up in my living room that is unplugged/used cable A added is computer network running xp service pack and that is the computer that is set up with the wireless router I also have two laptops bought new that I occasionally run off of the wireless router with no problems one laptop is xp one is vista Well this computer we bought from the school was brought home and turned on I thought it would pick up on the wireless connection with no problem they said it was wireless at the school but all I am getting is quot a network cable is unplugged quot I ran the internet connection wizard not sure if I was supposed to do that or not but either way it didn't help I A network cable is unplugged/used computer added still get the same message Can someone point me in the right direction I did a search for my problem but as soon as I type in a network cable is unplugged you can just imagine all of the goodies that pops up and nothing seems to be what I need Thanks Lisa

A:A network cable is unplugged/used computer added

Hi Lisa and welcome to TSF !

Go to start => run and type devmgmt.msc. Expand network adapters and give us the names of all the devices you see there. If there's some kind of warning sign next to one of the network adapters then tell us about it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/a-network-cable-is-unplugged-used-computer-added-191793.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Issue I unplugged and replugged my two monitors Now when I turn the computer on it does not boot up Instead [SOLVED] Monitors, Computer Unplugged Boot Now Won't the CD drive clicks and nothing happens If I attempt to shut it [SOLVED] Unplugged Monitors, Now Computer Won't Boot off by holding the power button it turns right back on again While it still worked external memory devices USB flash SD cards in USB adapter etc did not work All other USB devices did Sims would only run with severe graphical glitches see thread in Games subsection for details Latest Changes Idiot ex installed Windows Ultimate on my machine assuring me it would take care of all driver needs I was unaware of his habit at the time but looking back I believe he may have been operating under the influence of marijuana And he intends to do this sort of thing professionally in the military in a life-and-death situation I hate my life Specs Compaq Presario SR NX Desktop Windows Ultimate -bit SP AMD Athlon tm Processor GHz GB RAM AsusTek EAH graphics card Update I unplugged the computer and then plugged it in again for the third time and now all of a sudden it recognizes both monitors now and can boot up again Now my question is quot why quot Oh and it's back to the previous two problems now

A:[SOLVED] Unplugged Monitors, Now Computer Won't Boot

Was the PC on when you unplugged the replugged the monitors?
If so not a good idea as you now know.

Have a look in device manager for any yellow or red call outs.

To open "Device Manager", Hit Start type/paste device manager in the search box and hit enter in Device Manager, if you see any yellow question marks/Red callouts, right click on the device and select properties, on the Details tab select Hardware IDs copy the PCI/VEN and DEV numbers and post them on your next post.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-unplugged-monitors-now-computer-wont-boot-647307.html
Relevancy 46.01%

hi there,
my computer, hp dv3 2221-tx, freezes whenever i plug or unplug the power. its the first time i came across with this kind of situation.

and i guess my charger is working fine, because when i had win7 Home in same laptop, i never came across this kind of situation.

thanks in advance,
with best regards,

A:Computer freezes when charger is plugged or unplugged.

Hi,

is this happening only after you upgraded to windows 7? if so maby have a look at the manufaturers website for a power utility maby? Also i'd recommend checking your charger with a multimeter to check its giving the correct output.

It sounds more like hardware rather than a software issue but checkout what I said first n let me know how you get on.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-freezes-when-charger-is-plugged-or-unplugged-603878.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have not had a problem with this until now as I have started to have booting errors. If a boot error occurs I have to turn off my PC. When it's turned off it won't turn on unless I keep it unplugged pretty much overnight. When the computer is on it works completely fine. If any one has any ways I can solve this it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

A:My computer won't turn on unless I have it unplugged for at least 10 hours before I can boot it up

Replace the power supply if the computer is a desktop computer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-wont-turn-on-unless-i-have-it-unplugged-for-at-least-10-hours-before-i-can-boot-it-up.207336/
Relevancy 46.01%

So here is my problem... Amagine there is a storm comming so either the storm shuts the power in the house or I do becouse of keeping my computer safe from storm damage... The point is if i take the computers power for that much time that inner light on motherboard(The one thats alway on if computer is pluged in) shuts off (like 3 seconds) my computer wont start the vents and cooler spinn a few times than its off so I always keep pressing the button for 5-10 minutes( I know you wold say I should wait that time and then press it I tryed leaving it pluged for an hour and I stell had to do that 5-10 minutes pressin the big red button...) So not that im inpatient but im vorryed that maby once it wont eaven start up.

Anyone have any ideas what to do?

Thanks

Predo50

A:Computer doesn't start if it is unplugged for some time

I'd suggest taking the side off and looking at the motherboard. Look at the capacitors (cylinders with silver tops) are any of them bulged/domed?

If not, I'd suggest replacing the power supply.

Can you supply more information about your computer, such as make/model or specifications?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-doesnt-start-if-it-is-unplugged-for-some-time.150169/
Relevancy 46.01%

As the title says, while i was away my PC had a BSOD, and my computer illiterate mom unplugged the PC

A:My PC BSOD while I was away, computer illiterate mother unplugged PC

Lighten up on your Mom, you only have one.

As for your crash,

Code:
ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000185 - The I/O device reported an I/O error.

DISK_HARDWARE_ERROR: There was error with disk hardware

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7a_c0000185
Looks like you need to do some tests on your hard drive.

Please perform the following tests,

chkdsk /r

SeaTools for DOS and Windows

This is a good idea as well,

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/336722-my-pc-bsod-while-i-away-computer-illiterate-mother-unplugged-pc.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello, i got ATT internet a few months ago, and ever since I've had it my wifi, which is connected by Ethernet cable, will go out, like the wifi is still on, but my computer will show that my Ethernet cable is not connected to my computer when in reality it is connected, I've tried multiple cables and the problem still happens, but for my brother, the problem never happens to him on his computer. Does anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this problem, it is very annoying when I'm on the internet and I will get dc'd from everything I'm doing due to this problem, it usually shows that the Ethernet cable isn't plugged in for about 10 seconds and then it re-realizes that it is plugged in. This happens around once every 30 minutes.

A:Computer showing Ethernet Cable Unplugged When it really is not.

First thing would be to check that you have the most up to date drivers for your lan connection. Typically you go to the manufactures website and look up your model and check to see if they have new drivers available.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-showing-ethernet-cable-unplugged-when-it-really-is-not.1135793/
Relevancy 46.01%

I am really worried about my computer. It booted normally this morning but then my cat ran past my feet and ended up unplugging it. I tried to turn it back on but no luck. Tried again 5 minutes later and still nothing. Decided to turn it on and let it sit for about 15 minutes, then it finally booted up. It's slow, but works. What should I check for? Any ideas how to fix this? I'm afraid to turn it off again.

A:Computer almost doesn't boot after suddenly being unplugged. Help?

The most likely thing that happened was that the BIOS/UEFI reset itself to defaults. Some of those default settings could be different than the ones set before this happened.

A typical one is if the SATA mode is IDE as default but was set to AHCI to install Windows. But that change usually results in a bluescreen error. Do you know what your preferred BIOS setting were?

Also, System Specs would be nice. Just whether this is a laptop or desktop can make a difference.

In any event you will need to check and see if all is OK at some point. You will most likely need to restart to make any changes anyway.
Start by backing up your data, finishing any important work, and then restarting the PC from Windows Start Menu. If it restarts normally then shut it down and then start it back up.

I'm guessing you will be fine. If any hardware was damaged it can be replaced, but you've got to take the plunge at some point.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/364330-computer-almost-doesnt-boot-after-suddenly-being-unplugged-help.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,

I have 2 computers networked together and it has been working fine for years but today all of a sudden the second computer pops up with "network cable is unplugged". I looked at the network cable and it is plugged in but both lights are not on. The internet on my PC works fine so im guessing the network card on the 2nd computer went bad? Is there anything I can do to try and fix this?

A:Network cable unplugged on 2nd computer, no lights on

just replace it they are only a few dollars

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-cable-unplugged-on-2nd-computer-no-lights-on-52624.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Pen4 Presario,4 years old,daily use(im on a second computer now)

About the power cord that goes from the wall outlet to the back of a computer, on my particular computer normally a small green light comes on the back of the computer when the connection is made.

Now when i plug the cord into the back of the computer, the green light comes on but as soon as i hit the computer's power button, the light goes off and there is no power. Over the past week i have tried over 30 times,same thing happens. I was having major bootup problems just before this started to occur.

Power Supply? Most likely?

A:Does this sound like the Power supply is dead?

Most likely.

Could be a short somewhere else in the system, but the PSU would be #1 thing to replace or borrow from another computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/does-this-sound-like-the-power-supply-is-dead.735379/
Relevancy 46.01%

I replaced a bad power supply on my custom built desktop running Vista Business. Everything is up and running except for the audio. I deleted the hardware in device manager and let Vista detect it and install the driver, but that did not help. I did go through all the basic troubleshooting tips without any luck. The sound is onboard and it is enabled in BIOS.

Anyone got any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-after-power-supply-replacement.772798/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi everyone.

I've been having this issue where my wireless network completely disappears from my computer and it requires a restart to fix.

I know for a fact that it is not my modem/ISP as my iPad still connects just fine to the network.

My network disappears about after 10-20 minutes of being logged on. It's getting VERY annoying.

Any and all help would be appreciated! If you need any specs or info, feel free to ask.

A:Network disappears from my computer?

when it disappears - is this from device manager - network adapters - or just the icon in the system tray lower right side ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-disappears-from-my-computer.1019940/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello,
Occasionally, after I wake up my computer from Sleep, it has a problem. All the icons, windows, and taskbar are gone. The wallpaper and my mouse pointer show up, but nothing else. I can right click just fine. If I press Ctrl+alt+Del, the screen goes black and only my mouse is there. What's the solultion?
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Intel Core i5-3570k Ivy Bridge
EVGA GeForce GTX 570
Corsair 8 GB 1600 Mhz Vengeance Dual Channel DDR3 RAM.
Custom-built PC.

A:After waking computer up, everything disappears sometimes

You might want to wait until you sort out the BSOD issue.

If you want to try some things:
Replace your wallpaper with a solid color just as a test.

If the problem still happens, remove the video drivers, restart and re-install them.

If the problem still happens, remove the video drivers, restart and re-install an older version.

If using a solid color fixes the issue, change the image to a jpg (if it is bmp).

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/240169-after-waking-computer-up-everything-disappears-sometimes.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a macbook pro and run Bootcamp with Windows XP. The computer is from 2008. When the computer is plugged in the wifi works fine. If I unplug my computer the wifi drops within minutes. If I try to repair the connection or disconnect the computer gives me the BSOD. Any thoughts?
Also, the computer very rarely goes into hibernation - which is a problem. And if it does go into hibernation, it often gives me the BSOD again.
The computer is perfectly fine when I am working on the Apple OS.

A:Wifi cuts out when laptop is unplugged then computer crashes [From:Mac]

Being a Windows issue, I'll move this to the Windows forum, we don't know Windows. The Mac forum is for Apple PCs running Apple's OS.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wifi-cuts-out-when-laptop-is-unplugged-then-computer-crashes-from-mac-674410.html
Relevancy 45.58%

ello
my computer :
foxconn motherboard
intel celeron 2.9 ghz
256 MB ram
running win xp
while i was working on it suddenly it shut down when i tried to turn it on again
it just went well till Winxp logo shown then a blank blue screen and it turned off again
it's always z same except if i left it for 2 or 3 hours unplugged it works well till i shut it down if i tried to turn it on again the blank blue screen appears again
that means that b4 i can work on my comp i need to unplug it for 2 hours (that sucks)
i suspect a power suply problem
can anyone help me?

A:I need help my computer wouldn't work until left unplugged for 2-3 hours

Something needs to cool off until it will work again. You could start with a PSU upgrade. When it's running (next time you get it running) have the side off and feel around from part to part (carefully) and try to find a really hot component.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-help-my-computer-wouldnt-work-until-left-unplugged-for-2-3-hours.88785/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello this technically could be combined should be posted in my other topic but this is an urgent need If you read my other topic about my monitor From Not Computer, Monitor Unplugged Signal/Input Now No Supported. tinting it is indeed my monitor not my video card not my power supply and nothing to do with the computer itself But right now my monitor is fine to use other than the tinting I will be replacing the monitor with another monitor in the VERY near future The only problem is that I tested the monitor on Windows XP and it worked fine on the computer with Windows XP the one I m writing this from except the fact that it s Unplugged Monitor From Computer, Now No Signal/Input Not Supported. also tinting on XP This monitor says quot Works With Windows Vista quot It s an Acer x w LCD monitor I believe it Unplugged Monitor From Computer, Now No Signal/Input Not Supported. s quot or something close to that I thought the monitor would have no problem from going to Vista - gt XP - gt Vista but apparently something changed in the monitor that isn t allowing my computer with Vista to use it again There are two slots on my new computer one lower and one that makes the cord attach sideways the bottom slot when attaching the monitor cord says quot Input Not Supported quot which means I m guessing this is the right slot as I do not remember which slot I originally used it on and then the other slot says quot No Signal quot I ve read on the internet about something about called quot Refresh Rate quot but I ve never used it before and have no clue how to use it If it involves interaction with the computer I cannot see the screen so it s practically impossible There is indeed a disk that came with the monitor and a manual but I see nothing in the manual about my problem I do have another monitor but I have no clue if it d work with Vista as it s from about so I have no other monitor that would work with Vista Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks a lot Edit When the message appears quot Input Not Supported quot I tried pressing menu auto etc the buttons on the bottom of the monitor and nothing appears Now I just read that quot LCD s don t have refresh rates They have things called Response times which is different Doesn t matter what you set your refresh rate at you won t notice a difference with an LCD monitor quot now I m totally confused with what could be the damn problem Thanks Edit The Acer website states the following solution for this exact problem for this exact monitor In Windows Vista Press the Start button select Control Panel select Appearance and Personalization select Personalization and then Display Settings Under Resolution move the slider to the desired resolution and click Apply How are we suppose to do this if we cannot see our screen This problem makes it impossible to view the screen unless you know exactly where your going without the monitor then it s impossible nbsp

A:Unplugged Monitor From Computer, Now No Signal/Input Not Supported.

If its a resolution issue you need to try and boot into safe mode. Do you get anything onscreen at start up or does it go immeadiately into unsupported mode?

I've never tried to get into Vista safe mode so I don't know, is it still done by tapping the F8 key or the F5 to get the boot menu? Anyway, once booted into safe mode you will be able to see the screen and reset the resolution to a supported one if that is the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unplugged-monitor-from-computer-now-no-signal-input-not-supported.735841/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a macbook pro and run Bootcamp with Windows XP. The computer is from 2008. When the computer is plugged in the wifi works fine. If I unplug my computer the wifi drops within minutes. If I try to repair the connection or disconnect the computer gives me the BSOD. Any thoughts?
Also, the computer very rarely goes into hibernation - which is a problem. And if it does go into hibernation, it often gives me the BSOD again.
The computer is perfectly fine when I am working on the Apple OS.

Thanks

A:Wifi cuts out when laptop is unplugged then computer crashes

A normal XP install on a laptop would probably require a driver update for your wireless, but since you are on a Mac, You might get a better answer if you post this in the Mac forum section.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wifi-cuts-out-when-laptop-is-unplugged-then-computer-crashes-674354.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Ok we get internet through a wireless tower that beams it to an antenna on top of the house and it eventually ends up as one ethernet cord in the basement That may or may not be irrelevant Anyway I plug that cord into a router LINKSYS BEFSR it s a couple years old but it has always worked fine and set up a LAN with the main computer being an HP pavilion a w w win XP SP media center There isn t another computer connected all the time but I use various other machines on the network off and on PS macbook other people s computers that I m working on for whatever reason Recently we ve had several severe storms and flooding and whatnot and last night the internet suddenly quit working Solved: is computer etc unplugged, Main says cable network I assumed it Solved: Main computer says network cable is unplugged, etc was the ISP until this morning when I called them and they said the problem was definitely on my end My first thought was router so I bypassed it and plugged my macbook directly into the ethernet cord from the antenna It worked and I thought I d pick up a new one when the flooding subsided and I could get into town and then everything would work fine I really need the internet on the main computer however so I did the same for it plugging it directly into the incoming internet The pavilion continued to say that the LAN was unplugged however I ve gone through every setting and troubleshooting I can think of but nothing I ve done will make the internet work on Solved: Main computer says network cable is unplugged, etc the pavilion ipconfig all says media state disconnected Local area connection says network cable unplugged The light doesn t come Solved: Main computer says network cable is unplugged, etc on where the ethernet cable plugs in Now I think maybe I have a network card rather than a router problem or both I don t think the main computer being down would affect the other computers on the network but I m not really sure I even switched the macbook over to windows but it still works perfectly when the router is bypassed but if I unplug the exact same cord and put it in the pavilion it won t work The network card is Realtek RTL x Family Fast ethernet NIC The driver is updated I m absolutely stumped Any help would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

here s the story and symptoms About a month ago we had a lightning strike very close to our house Ever since then the computer has been acting weird not surprising I suppose Eventually various intermittent problems leading to a corrupted installation of windows so I did a fresh install of Win Home Unfortunately this didn t fix everything Often times the computer will freeze a issue? this power supply sound like does Solved: and I ll need to shut down manually via power button Earlier today the computer spontaneously rebooted on Solved: does this sound like a power supply issue? it s own directly to the login screen twice It did it a third time but it booted to the quot windows didn t shut down properly do you want safe mode blah blah blah quot this time Also every now and then the BIOS flash screen will take a little longer than normal to show up It all seems fairly random I could go a day or so with no issues computer running just fine then bam locked up I m using it now to type this post as a matter of fact I ve ran the Western Digital DLG tool I have two WD hard disks and it found no errors I ve also ran memtest off a boot CD and my memory passed with flying colors I m down to the power supply or the mobo but I m not sure if these issues are indicative of failures in those items I think I remember reading at some time in the past about this maybe being something you d see with a PS failure but I don t remember Any help would be appreciated Thanks Windows Home Premium GB Kingston HyperX DDR SDRAM Western Digital Caviar Black WD FALS TB HD GHz AMD Phenom Agena Quad-Core Black Edition Processor GIGABYTE GV-R OC- GI Radeon HD GB -bit Video Card GIGABYTE GA-MA G-UD H Motherboard RAIDMAX AURORA RX- F W Power Supply nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

The power supply on my -yr old custom build recently gave out I replaced the PS and the machine is running normally again except I can not get sound out of the speakers Here are what I believe no Replaced sound supply, speakers power now from to be the pertinent facts Sound Replaced power supply, now no sound from speakers worked completely fine prior to PS replacement There are no errors being thrown that I can see Volume is turned up and speakers show that they are un-muted When sound file is playing the level indicators are registering positively Replaced power supply, now no sound from speakers Gigabyte motherboard has Realtek HD audio The Realtek audio manager indicates that the speakers are the default output Headphone output via the front-panel jack is working OK Line-in via the rear jack is working OK I have tried both options for headphones mute speakers and headphones and speakers are separate output Still nothing from speakers The machine is dual-boot Win Linux Sound from speakers works correctly when booted in Linux Tried unplugging the front panel header no difference It acts like the speakers are simply muted but there is no indication of that anywhere I've messed with it for hours and have gotten nowhere Suggestions Matt

A:Replaced power supply, now no sound from speakers

Try uninstall/reinstall the RealTek. Go to the Device Manager, RIGHT click on the RealTek entry in the Sound section. Then LEFT click "Uninstall". DO NOT uninstall the drivers. Restart the PC and when Windows starts it will detect and reinstall the sound. This corrects any Windows sound corruptions and may fix your problem.

(Royals/Chiefs fan).

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/351820-replaced-power-supply-now-no-sound-speakers.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Just - days ago my computer has now been occasionally making sort of a buzzing sound The sound is made like around once sound sometimes? Power making buzzing Supply every hour or two so I haven t been able to check exactly where the sound is coming from The sound is made even if my computer is idle and I m not doing anything though Power Supply making buzzing sound sometimes? I do notice that after I turn on my computer that sound isn t made until about an hour or so in after using my computer The sound isn t always exactly the same actually Sometimes it sounds kind of like a scratching sound and sometimes Power Supply making buzzing sound sometimes? a buzzing sound sometimes in between The buzzing sound lasts - seconds at a time and sometimes sound sharp and the sound is very noticeable when it s made not too loud but it is loud enough to be really noticeably Power Supply making buzzing sound sometimes? when it happens The reason why I think it s the power supply is because I hear it coming from the bottom back of my PC where the PSU and just above that the video card is located the HDD is in front I tried checking HDD status using speedfan and it seems everything is okay regarding my HDD so don t think it s my HDD but I ll try checking it again soon by placing my computer in a spot where I can more easily pinpoint the location of the sound Now the question is what is the worse case scenario for what may be causing the buzzing sound Like does it mean the PSU is going to die soon if it s the PSU that is making the sound or something else Besides the sound nothing seems to be wrong with my computer it s working fine there aren t any crashes or anything so far Also what else besides the PSU if it s not the PSU could make a sharp buzzing scratching sound that lasts - second I know the HDD can make that sound sometimes but is there any other computer part video card motherboard etc Again I ll try to pinpoint where the sound is coming from soon to see whether it s the HDD or the PSU Also here is the power supply CORSAIR HX Series HX W and my HDD Seagate SV Series ST VX TB RPM I have if it helps My computer is just under a year old and the buzzing sound only just happened recently - days ago Any help will be appreciated Edit - Actually as of writing this my computer hasn t made the sound yet yesterday it made the sound after just an hour into my computer being turned on even if I didn t have anything else open besides my browser I ll see if playing games or doing something more resource intensive causes the sound to be made nbsp

A:Power Supply making buzzing sound sometimes?

When is the last time you cleaned out the dust in your computer? A build up of dust on the fan's can cause premature wearing of the bearings and thus noise starts to present itself. Get yourself a can of compressed air and give it a good cleaning.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-supply-making-buzzing-sound-sometimes.1097550/
Relevancy 45.58%

High there My system caught a virus about four months ago being that i m a poor sob and a writer it took this long to get the money to replace the power supply that burnt up found dug fur in its casing and this casued an arcing and kablooey its gone previous to this i had been using Musicmatch as a jukebox and burner I beleive it was upon recieving an update unfortunately was to naive to record the date of the crash or the possible update but have learned a valuable lesson for next time Go Joe- knowing is half the battle anyway after the update i lost replacing USB's supply sound No OR after internal power sound or had my system No sound OR USB's after replacing internal power supply hijacked and the volume control removed from the system tray I have done alomsot everything possible to get it backto no avail my sound card isn t still picked up by the CPU or Everest which makes sense but the drivers all say that everything is working same for the USB s but of the two in No sound OR USB's after replacing internal power supply front and four in back No sound OR USB's after replacing internal power supply none of them record or rather issue a prompt acknowledging that i have plugged in a device printer or palmpilot by the way the usb s worked before the power source failed I have reloaded all the driver software for the audio and updated the chipset drivers and all the recomended software from FIC the mobo manufacturer who kinda sucks by the way all after i did a complete resore then I ran a USb checking program put out by intel that says that all is well So in a way i learned alot and am leaning towards the fact that there is probably a problem with the registry or code which though i am still learning means that i need to correct it them by the recomentdations of the debugging report by everest for which i am still completely ignorant an would greatly appreciate any helpful comments hint hint hint Any takers PLease or there is a problem with the hardware like the IDE controller Or the db ch bus controller but i thought that the USB checker would have found that so I am at a cross roads and am about to microwave the damn thing j k of course i m kidding i m a meathead Anyway would the Debugging process help and can my report be analysed to tell whether thit would and could someone tell me what exactly the debuggin process is or atleast how it begins so i can find some more info on how to heal my CPU s broken leg By the way you guys have been really helpful logs threads to get me thus far by cleaning me up So thanks Thank YOu Very much nbsp

A:No sound OR USB's after replacing internal power supply

Have you noticed if the USBs and sound are enabled in the BIOS setup utilty? Might be under chipset, or onboard devices.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-or-usbs-after-replacing-internal-power-supply.40461/
Relevancy 45.15%

I'm not sure what I have but maybe a possible virus or malware or even Computer Disappears. Desktop Icons changes to my system files My computer on startup has no desktop icons or start taskbar I have to press ctrl-alt-del and run explorer in run new task If I don't run multiple explorer exe's the icons and start Computer Desktop Icons Disappears. bar appear for second and then disappear again but if i Computer Desktop Icons Disappears. do the icons reappear and my start bar comes back I ran adaware spybot and avast it deleted and found a bunch of things but I guess my registry has changed and still causes problems Here is the copy of my hijackthis log file Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Sygate SPF smc exed Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exed Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeG MATLAB p webserver bin win matlabserver exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exed Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exed Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeG Program Files firefox firefox exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeG Program Files firefox firefox exed Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashSimpl exeC HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com customize search ie htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exeO - HKLM Run HPHUPD c Program Files HP AAC FC - F - - DD -EBC C D hphupd exeO - HKLM Run HP Component Manager quot C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run HPHmon C WINDOWS system hphmon exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot D Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run PS C WINDOWS system ps exeO - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXEO - HKLM Run SmcService C PROGRA Sygate SPF smc exe -startguiO - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKLM Run VideoraiPodConverter D Program Files VideoraiPodConverter VideoraConverter exe -tO - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeO - HKLM Run WinampAgent d Program Files Winamp winampa exeO - HKLM Run BJCFD C Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exeO - HKLM Run Motive SmartBridge C PROGRA SBCSEL SMARTB MotiveSB exeO - HKLM Run avast d PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot D Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot D Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run AIM D Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odlO - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager O - HKCU Run Skype quot C Program Files Sk... Read more

A:Computer Desktop Icons Disappears.

Duplicate. Please stick in your original thread here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry525084This thread is closed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/92791/computer-desktop-icons-disappears/
Relevancy 45.15%

I use a laptop on wireless home or wired work network Dell inspiron windows xp sp When I first boot the computer I can see my computer when I click on view workgroup computers I can see my computer from any computer in the but can disappears ping computer Workgroup network After a little while my computer icon disappears from the windows xp window view workgroup computers On my laptop and any computer in the network I can still ping my laptop from the command line and from the view workgroup computers window I can type in the name of my laptop and access its Workgroup computer disappears but can ping shared folders Same things happen with firewall Workgroup computer disappears but can ping on or off wired or wireless My computer does not hibernate hard drive stays on nic stays on So basically I can find my laptop on the network but my icon in windows disappears to everyone If I repair my nic connection then my computer reappears for a while This behavior has occured since I bought the laptop It o w works just fine nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/workgroup-computer-disappears-but-can-ping.650344/
Relevancy 45.15%

I don't know if this is a virus or what? My Kaspersky hasn't caught anything weird that I should be concern about.
But out of nowhere I wanted to re-install CS3 because it crashed for some reason and when I inserted the disc, there was no sign of the drive in my computer.
Whenever I reboot, I could see the drive again on my computer then disappears when I insert any disc into the drive.

I tried System Restore and it did nothing..

Anybody ran into this issue?

A:CD/DVD-Drive disappears mysteriously from My Computer

What's in the Eventlogs?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/30427-cd-dvd-drive-disappears-mysteriously-my-computer.html
Relevancy 45.15%

when I plug it into usb port I hear a tonal sound . The Thumb drive appears then disappears.
Other thumb drives are in letter named ports like F or J but the E drive appears and vanishes when it is inserted. Any thoughts as to what is happening?

I am running windows 7

Thanks, GR8IDYA

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/thumb-drive-disappears-in-my-computer.1165666/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello--I have a slow cursor computer, disappears Compaq Presario laptop running Vista Home Basic It s always slow computer, cursor disappears been pretty slow but a few months ago it crashed HP Compaq replaced slow computer, cursor disappears the motherboard free due I guess to a known problem but when it returned it seems as though it s slower than ever now excruciatingly slow In addition the cursor has taken to disappearing occasionally so that I have to open task manager switch users amp reopen mu user name to reacquire it Attached is my HijackThis scan log Any help vastly appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Speeditup Free SpeedItUp exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar About Blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page About Blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd PRESARIO amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd PRESARIO amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar no name - EAB C -F EC- b -A BA-D BCAE C - no file O - Toolbar no name - -F - -B -FBEE C B DF - no file O - HKLM Run LogMeIn GUI quot C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe quot O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run NvSvc RUNDLL EXE C Windows system nvsvc dll nvsvcStart O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM RunOnce Spybot - Search amp Destroy quot C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exe quot autocheck O - HKCU Run SpeedItUpEX C Program Files Speeditup Free SpeedItUp exe -MINI O - HKCU Run Eraser C Program Files Eraser Eraser exe -hide O - HKCU RunOnce FlashPlayerUpdate C Windows system Macromed Flash NPSWF FlashUtil exe -p O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWe... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-computer-cursor-disappears.856377/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi I have a strange and slightly annoying problem with my computer Disappears + is Taskbar slow computer My taskbar disappears and i have to go into the taskbar amp start menu settings turn on the auto-hide then turn it off again for it to reappear It always happens when I m not using my computer and when i get back to it it will have disappeared Also my computer is quite slow and its brand new My computer is Dell Inspiron m with Windows XP SP Intel Pentium M processor GHz MHz GB of RAM I have eTrust InoculateIT Taskbar Disappears + computer is slow have to have it for school and Adaware Pro Here s a log from Hijackthis Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files CA eTrust InoculateIT InoRpc exe C Program Files CA eTrust InoculateIT InoRT exe C Program Files CA eTrust InoculateIT InoTask exe C WINDOWS LogWatNT exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTSMLBIZ Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor sdhelp exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files MessengerPlus MsgPlus exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe C Program Files CA eTrust InoculateIT realmon exe C Program Files NetWaiting netWaiting exe C Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA Lavasoft AD-AWA Ad-Watch exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtMng exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exe C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosA dp exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtHsp exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system ntvdm exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files RealVNC VNC WinVNC exe C WINDOWS system uWDF exe C Program Files Handspring Hotsync exe C Program Files RealVNC VNC winvnc exe C Program Files RealVNC VNC vncviewer exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack tosOBEX exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack tosBtProc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings kimberley heap My Documents hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www collegiate tas edu au main html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http searchbar findthewebsiteyouneed com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www collegiate tas edu au main html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page... Read more

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,

I'm having problem with my external HDD, it is a Samsung D3 Station 2TB that I bought last year. It suddenly disappeared from my computer 2 days ago and I couldn't access to it. I checked Device and Printer and it still showed the D3 Station with status "This device is working properly". Device Manager also showed that it recognised the HDD. I used NOD32 Antivirus and Malwarebyte to scan for potential threats but no luck.

Please help me,

Quan

A:Samsung 2TB External HDD, disappears from My Computer.

Hi shinsaber.

Maybe your drive is recognized by your computer, but the drive letters are gone. Try to start 'Disk Management'.
If you can't find the program, press the start icon > Run... > Enter 'diskmgmt.msc' and press OK.

You will see a screen just like this:

Search on the left colom the 2TB Disk you've inserted. Is there a drive letter on the colom next to the left colom where your 2TB Hard drive is listed, like (G:)?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/377634-samsung-2tb-external-hdd-disappears-my-computer.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello this is my first time using this forum so forgive me for any mistakes that i might make I have included Disappears Slows Down Quicklaunch Computer And below a copy of my Hijack This log My quicklaunch toolbar keeps disappearing occasionally on Computer Slows Down And Quicklaunch Disappears rebooting I have searched other forums and found none of the solutions working I was wondering if you could check the Hijack this log and see what i need to remove if any The programs installed on my Windows XP SP system are Kaspersky Antivirus AVG antispywareWindows washerMS Office Mercury TV card applicationWinampDivX Quicktime and Real codecsMozilla FirefoxInternet Explorer UTorrentLimewireGunz Online Game Windows Live MessengerAIM Alcohol Nero UltraWinrarEPrompter email notification service I have run a scan of both Kaspersky antivirus and AVG antispyware Both come up clean Wondering if you can help Here is the hijack this log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exeC WINDOWS system lvhidsvc exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system wwSecure exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exeC WINDOWS system sstray exeC WINDOWS system GSICON EXEC WINDOWS system dslagent exeC Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files AIM aim exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exeC Program Files ePrompter ePrompter exeC Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exeC Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exeC Program Files AIM aolsoftware exeC PROGRA WIDCOMM BLUETO BTSTAC EXEC Program Files AIM aolsoftware exeC Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exeC Program Files Hijack This HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - HKLM Run BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll exe bthprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgentO - HKLM Run AVP quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run AVG Anti-Spyware quot C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe quot minimizedO - HKLM Run nForce Tray Options sstray exe rO - HKLM Run GSICONEXE GSICON EXEO - HKLM Run DSLAGENTEXE dslagent exe USBO - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -kO - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run BgMonitor E - C C- d f- C - D A B AA quot C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe quot O - HKCU Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NVMCTRAY DLL NvTaskbarInitO - ... Read more

A:Computer Slows Down And Quicklaunch Disappears

Hello and welcome to BC. Sorry for the delayed response. If you are still having problems and not receiving help elsewhere, please post a fresh HijackThis log and I'll be happy to assist you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/90551/computer-slows-down-and-quicklaunch-disappears/
Relevancy 45.15%

I am running Windows Vista on a Dell Inspiron laptop I Cable main on Network but works computer Unplugged fine am using a wireless router broadcom x integrated for my home network My router is connected to a Network Cable Unplugged but works fine on main computer computer running Windows XP but I never had a problem with compatibility before I ve been using these computers together for a long time My Network Connections in my control panel is reporting the the network cable for my LAN is unplugged However the main computer is reporting that it works and there is even a green on the router indicating that the wire is plugged in The main computer also shows a yellow blinking light where the cable Network Cable Unplugged but works fine on main computer connects to the computer indicating that all is fine on that end I need to re-establish my LAN in order to use the printer from my laptop I don t understand why it says the network cable is unplugged I ve never had this problem before and just noticed it yesterday I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on how to solve this problem nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

Ok so after i unpluged my hard drive. i plugged the slave cable back in and it still don't work. Anybody got any ideas. It made error beeping noises . PLz get back to my soone

A:I was Cleaning my Computer and i unplugged my the slave connecting my hard drive

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-was-cleaning-my-computer-and-i-unplugged-my-the-slave-connecting-my-hard-drive.851806/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello guys I m gonna get straight to the Freeze/Crash. unplugged? help. fan Computer is Weak PLEASE Because case processor? point Computer Freeze/Crash. Weak processor? Because case fan is unplugged? PLEASE help. I have a custom rig I bought roughly Computer Freeze/Crash. Weak processor? Because case fan is unplugged? PLEASE help. a year ago that had been built for two weeks It s still a pretty great build here are the specs I m not very great with technical stuff but Computer Freeze/Crash. Weak processor? Because case fan is unplugged? PLEASE help. I can get by Windows Home Premium AMD FX- Quad Core Processor RAM AMD AE G U GB DDR PSU Antec HCG- M Motherboard Gigabyte A-D GPU XFX Radeon Hd HDD WDC WD EARX- N YB ATA TB SSD OCZ-AGILITY ATA GB So I mainly produce music on this rig and if my session gets really really full sometimes the system will just freeze and I have nothing to do but a hard reset I ve had to hard reset hundreds of times at this point this has been going on for months but the system works BEAUTIFULLY most of the time Oddly enough there have been times where it crashes with just the browser open but that is very rare I don t understand why this thing is crashing I have cleaned all the fans but the side case fan It s an Enermax Ostrog case is unplugged This is where I may have an issue with overheating during stressful times on the CPU Is that correct The fan has male female molex connectors coming out but I don t have anything to connect those to directly without an adapter in my rig I don t think The thing is I bought this a while ago with my friend and he helped me set it all up he had the fan going before but had to unplug it one time and I never knew how to get it going again Pretty embarassing Anyway I noticed the sysfan small pin connection and I am wondering if I just need to purchase a molex to small pin adapter for the fan to work Then hopefully some of my issue will be resolved Any advice on that would be very appreciated I am not sure if my processor is overclocked either It very well may not be I have CPU-Z and HWMonitor but don t really know how to use them If it was done it may have been done in the BIOS but I really have no way of knowing some of this stuff and my buddy sort of abandoned me so he can t help me anymore Sorry for my lack of coherency and structure but let me know what other info I can give to you because I literally can t even play battlefield for more than mins on my rig and I can t have massive sessions going on in Cubase or Pro tools anymore nbsp

A:Computer Freeze/Crash. Weak processor? Because case fan is unplugged? PLEASE help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freeze-crash-weak-processor-because-case-fan-is-unplugged-please-help.1113707/
Relevancy 45.15%

I ran two Linux distrobutions on my computer KateOS didn t work monitor didn t like something and Ubuntu I didn t install anything I was just having a look to see if I could make a partition smaller with it so I could then install one of the Linux OS s Anyway my problem is that now I have stopped using the Live CD s and have gone back onto windows it is saying that the Network Cable is Unplugged or some other message to that effect I have done several things to try to get it working but nothing has Here is what I have done so far I restarted the computer several times I reinstalled the drivers of the Ethernet socket thingy It s built into the motherboard I did a system restore and then un-restored it after that didn t work I disabled the Ethernet socket thingy in device manager and then enabled it again I unplugged the router from the power and plugged it back in again I unplugged the ethernet cables at both ends and reconnected That s all I can remember doing at the moment but "Network cable Solved: unplugged message unplugged" although it isn't I may have done one or two things extra to Solved: "Network cable unplugged" message although it isn't unplugged these The only thing I can think of doing extra to this would be reformatting the harddrive and reinstalling windows which I d rather not do I do not know if the ethernet socket thing works in Solved: "Network cable unplugged" message although it isn't unplugged Linux or not but I could try it out if you think it will help The device manager on windows says it is running correctly but I still get the Network Cable Unplugged message pop up every Solved: "Network cable unplugged" message although it isn't unplugged so often I get no internet whatsoever on the desktop I m on the laptop at the moment On the router the connection light flashes instead of staying on like it normally does so I think the router is recognising there is a connection of some sort just not one that works All my computers stats should be accessable in my quot Computer Specs quot however if there is anything else you need then just ask Thanks Giltrap nbsp

A:Solved: "Network cable unplugged" message although it isn't unplugged

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-cable-unplugged-message-although-it-isnt-unplugged.684243/
Relevancy 44.72%

I recently had a power installing a Can sound kill supply? card to replace my old ASUS motherboard with a crappy ECS version when my Can installing a sound card kill a power supply? boyfriend shorted it out while reinstalling RAM that Can installing a sound card kill a power supply? we tested in his computer probably via static sigh Just got it home and running Can installing a sound card kill a power supply? last week but the onboard sound card wasn t working which I hear is a common problem when you change out hardware under Windows XP I decided to buy a PCI sound card -- a Creative SoundBlaster Audigy SE -- hoping that would circumvent the onboard sound problem So I carefully plugged it in keeping the clumsy boyfriend out of the equation making sure to ground myself by touching the metal in the case I have PCI slots and since I only have other PCI devices there was plenty of room to install it I turned on the computer and heard - popping noises and saw electricity jumping from the power supply to the case The power supply w was dead and we replaced it with a new Antec Trio w thankfully everything else still works fine So after this whole experience I m wondering is it possible to kill your power supply by installing a sound card Or am I just having really bad computer luck these days Also if anyone has some tips on how I can get my onboard sound to work after all this I ve already made sure to update the drivers and all I would greatly appreciate them this has made me a bit gunsky about putting the sound card back in my computer again nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

well it lately my comp is making alot alot of sound comming from power supply and i think fan dunno what the cause?

Relevancy 44.72%

once iv powered down my pc the motherboard led stays lit and i hear a high pitched sound coming from the back near the psu. once i turn off power to the computer completely via the power switch on the psu, the mobo still stays lit for a few seconds then goes off, during this period the sound gets progressively higher, then lower, then gets really high before stopping , this is when the led goes off. can anyone help me with this issue.
my motherboard is asus z97 pro gamer
psu xfx 650w xtr

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/high-pitch-sound-power-supply-or-motherboard-4599185/
Relevancy 44.72%

One of my drives, a Western Digital 1TB Black, will just spin itself down and disconnect from the PC.
If I reboot, it will be there but then it will go away.
It is Disk 2 when it still shows up, the screenshot was taken a few minutes ago since I don't feel like rebooting at the moment.

A:Hard drive spins down and then disappears from the computer

It sure sounds and acts like a power issue.
Have you checked the cables to make sure that the connections are firmly seated? You could also try a new cable...they've been known to cause issues like your experiencing, either by vibrating loose or have been damaged.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/257506-hard-drive-spins-down-then-disappears-computer.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a local network at home with router - computers and a few gadgets connected through WiFi I have a problem with one of the computers with Windows a disappears Computer after local from few network hours let's call it Computer A When I boot it it is connectable from the other computers using its local IP address But after a few hours it usually disappears from the network and I'm only able to connect to it using the router's external IP and port forwarding By quot disappears from the network quot I mean that it's still connected to Computer disappears from local network after a few hours the router and to the internet but none of the other units on the network is able to connect to it in any way Computer A can always connect Computer disappears from local network after a few hours to the the other computers on the network and to the internet The problem is solved if I reboot Computer A so at the moment I have a scheduled task to reboot it every night Unfortunately sometimes it disappears from the local network after only a few hours after boot I have not been able to find any other solution except reboot and I have no idea where to start debugging this issue Turning the firewall off on Computer A doesn't help I would be thrilled if anyone has any suggestions to what may cause this problem Below is the result of ipconfig all on Computer A Code C WINDOWS system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name bjarte-media Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List getinternet no Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address C-A -F - - -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific Computer disappears from local network after a few hours DNS Suffix getinternet no Description Intel R Centrino R Ultimate-N AGN Physical Address C-A -F - - -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dd af c c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained desember Lease Expires desember Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -A - -EC-A - B-F -E -FA DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fb c fe f bd Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe c fe f bd Preferred Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -A - -EC-A - B-F -E -FA NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled

A:Computer disappears from local network after a few hours

It could be the network adaptor shutting down to save power etc.

Have you tried adjusting the Power Options settings in the Control Panel and the Power management tab of the Intel adaptor, uncheck the one that turns off power.

If these settings have no effect you could have a problem with the hard drive.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/36895-computer-disappears-local-network-after-few-hours.html
Relevancy 44.72%

My Belkin wireless adapter sometimes shuts off when the computer is put to sleep (Win 7 64). This does not occur with other adapters. If I disconnect it manually and replug it in (or reboot), it shows up again.