Windows Support Forum

Vertical, thin, pink dotted line on computer screen...

Q: Vertical, thin, pink dotted line on computer screen...

That's my little problem... I have ignored the little thing, and now it it irking me to do something. It's a little annoying to see this kind of just see it just move down my screen, while surfing the web, or playing gmaes (like the picture there).

Could anyone help me with this?

As well, sorry for the toaster quality photo. I only had a tablet on-hand to take pictures with...

Here is a slightly higher quality photo...

Spoiler
http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z419/TheRedMenace154/20130725_124245_zps01af3fc7.jpg

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Vertical, thin, pink dotted line on computer screen...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Vertical, thin, pink dotted line on computer screen...

Do you have or have access to a different monitor that you could try your computer with?You could also try booting into Safe Mode to see it also happens there.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502227/vertical-thin-pink-dotted-line-on-computer-screen/
Relevancy 82.46%

I have a thin vertical green line that is going down my screen. It disappeared when I rebooted and went away for a short while. Now it is back. What can I do.

TOSHIBA Satellite L305-S5933
http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/retail-product.jsp?poid=431111

Relevancy 107.5%

I bought today this monitor, HP 24es. I linked it to my notebook through HDMI and it works, except for a vertical dotted line on the right. I already installed drivers with the cd kit.The line is only visible one the monitor, so it's not a problem in the notebook

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Vertical-dotted-line/td-p/5778152
Relevancy 105.35%

Up until yesterday I had a neat vertical dotted line separating some of my folders in the taskbar. Suddenly it disappeared, as did three of my folders. I've put the folders back but want to keep them apart from others and can't remember how I created the line. I've Googled this numerous times but can only find the empty folder solution which I can't seem to make work.

Can anybody please tell me in simple terms how to reinstall the separator?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dotted-vertical-line-separator-in-taskbar.1170351/
Relevancy 101.05%

I have a Dell Inspirion 9200 Laptop with Windows XP, recently I have noticed a thin white vertical line that runs on the left side, top to bottom. Every once in a while there is one that shows up in the middle, but it disappears once it has finished uploading. Is there anyway I can check to see what may be causing it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/thin-vertical-line.565963/
Relevancy 99.33%

Hello everyone!

A couple days ago, my LCD monitor has been showing a pink vertical line towards the right side of the screen. This is rather annoying. Whenever this is present and I turn off the monitor & turn it back on, it fails to find the video source and goes to sleep mode. I attached a picture of my issue to this thread.

This pink line doesn't appear immediately. It usually shows up after about 5-15 minutes of computer use, and very rarely disappears on its own. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Vertical Pink Line on LCD Monitor

Hook another computer up to it to test.

If same pink line shows up, then you know the LCD is failing.

If the pink line doesn't show up, then you know it's an issue with your GPU (either drivers, or hardware failure).

http://www.techist.com/forums/f78/vertical-pink-line-lcd-monitor-278441/
Relevancy 98.04%

So recently there has been a pink vertical line in on the left side on my Pink on line monitor! Solved: vertical monitor It started showing up around a week ago it has then been comming and going And slightly changing position It used to stay for around - minutes then just go away untill i restarted the computer however it now seems to be permanent The line is about inch wide and goes from the bottom to the top of the monitor Most people will most certainly jump to the conclusion that the graphics card is the root of the cause but this is not the case as i have tryed the monitor on other computers I dont think it s dead pixels either since im pretty sure the line has changed position several times not much tho Im utterly confused any information on this will be appriciated Thanks alot William Edit My monitor is a ViewSonic VX WM and i have allready updated the video drivers nbsp

Relevancy 98.04%

On my 3 year old laptop (HP dvEnvy7), a very thin line of black pixels has showed up. The first time it showed up was on the red background login screen, and I think tapping the monitor made it go away, but that might've been coincidence. I just noticed it again in the same place where the color of the screen is green. I was running an MBAM scan while that showed up and the line went away, again I don't know whether that was coincidence. I've read that this problem could be caused "by the traces going bad in the video cable going from the LCD the the main board" due to the laptop lid opening and closing. The lid is getting a bit loose. Is this the answer or could there be something more malicious, as my paranoia comes back to haunt me?

A:Thin black/dead vertical pixel line

If it's a single pixel width from edge to edge, it will almost certainly be a fault inside the LCD panel itself. Individual pixel drive signals are not carried on the LVDS cable connecting the panel to the mainboard, as that would require thousands of individual conductors. So a "hard fault" such as a complete black column or line is usually due to a bad connection in a heat bonded loom inside the panel, or an intermittent line or column driver IC which are also integrated into the bonded loom matrix inside the panel. Pressing or tapping the screen/frame can commonly make the symptom come and go in its early phases.

With that said, odd line-like faults can be a result of poor contact on the LVDS cable connector(s), and dismantling enough to gain access to this and cleaning the contacts with alcohol can solve it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/589208/thin-blackdead-vertical-pixel-line/
Relevancy 98.04%

Hi,I am noticing a strange issue with my recently bought laptop . Attaching some pictures for more details. To me it seems some kind of gap or break in the LCD display.I hope this can be worked out as it is still under a month when I bought it. Please suggest.?  ?  ThanksAD

A:Thin vertical line on my newly bought laptop

It could possibly be due to a faulty data cable and at worst the screen itself. Only solution would be to have it serviced by a Lenovo technician as it is most likely hardware related. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/Thin-vertical-line-on-my-newly-bought-laptop/td-p/3389487
Relevancy 96.75%

Hello Guys,

I'm new here so pleae go east on me. Its my first post. I noticed yesterday that there is a very fine thin line on the left side of my desktop. In the screen shot you can barely make it out, but you will be able to once you see ot from the left corner of task bar. it does not appear when i open a browser or a folder or even start menu. It only shows on the desktop screen and is really annoying. I tried disabling some odd services and restarted the computer as well, but still no luck. A little help will be appreciated.

P.S: Screen shot is below.

A:Thin White Vertical Line on the left side of desktop

Hi there
If you are using an external TV type of monitor go into the menu of the Monitor -- usually via a remote controller etc. Somewhere in the Video / picture setups you should see an option like auto adjust picture / size or something like that -- then the image should fit the screen perfectly.

(Assuming of course that you have set the resolution (in the PC settings) of the monitor to one it can handle).

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/34811-thin-white-vertical-line-left-side-desktop.html
Relevancy 94.6%

Random Blue Thin/Dotted Lines on My HP Laptop Screen

I was recently transfering files to my new laptop, and uninstalling programs on my old laptop when I suddenly got thin blue lines randomly on my old screen in dark or black areas (see images). It is not in the same location on the screen depending on what I am viewing.

I hooked an external monitor to my laptop and the image is perfect. Another odd thing is when I screen capture the bluelines and view the image file on another PC, they do not show.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Relevancy 87.29%

I have windows xp prof installed on my computer. I have noticed that i have pink vertical lines on my screen. They become more prominent when i scroll up or down. They are on all apps and also on my wallpaper. I have never encountered this and nobody seems to know what they are. Any ideas would be appreciated?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/vertical-pink-lines-on-screen-320822.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi The other day when I booted the computer which had been working fine I got a blue screen that said windows could not load The at screen across startup dotted line Whited reason it gave was Partmgr sys Page fault in non paged area It suggested that the cause may have been recently installed software or hardware but nothing new had been installed I could not get into safe mode but I could get into setup I magaged to get to a Whited dotted line across screen at startup blank screen with a command prompt and Whited dotted line across screen at startup ran quot chkdsk quot After it said something like quot one or more sectors are corrupted quot I can t remember the exact wording I tried different boot options one was for quot the last system settings that worked quot When I tried this the screen went blank with a line of white dotted blocks along the bottom of the screen The line started to fill in white then the computer froze After all this I decided a clean install of Windows was my only option so that is what I did Things seem to be back to normal now but for a number of times after the reinstall when I would turn the computer on the screen would go blank and the white dotted line would appear during startup Just after quot Press F for setup quot and just before the windows logo appears I would realy like to know what the white dotted line was If it is possable I would also like to know if the problem was caused by some kind of malware or if my hard drive is dieing Thanks for any help P S if someone knows a good free program that I can use to recover lost files that would be great

A:Whited dotted line across screen at startup

It sounds like it was a software problem, but if you are concerned about the HDD you can go to the home page of its manufacturer and download their diagnostic tool and run it to find out its condition.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/196694/whited-dotted-line-across-screen-at-startup/
Relevancy 86%

Hi Had IBM Thinkpad E fixed under warranty for faulty screen which had ceased to work - problem turned out to be faulty motherboard and motherboard was replaced Since getting the laptop back there is a thin about mm vertical grey band down the entire screen which obliterates whatever is behind it This line is about a cm in from the left hand side the band comes on from start up ie through the black POST screen and if operating in DOS - the same The correct drivers and refresh on band laptop grey Thin screen vertical rates etc were already loaded OS is Win SE Wondering if it could be caused by something simple like a loose cable The reason I m asking is that I m in Sydney amp have to send the laptop back to Melbourne Thin grey vertical band on laptop screen to be fixed if it is something that has happened in transit there s no point sending it back to have the same thing Thin grey vertical band on laptop screen happen Thin grey vertical band on laptop screen again Any ideas much appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Thin grey vertical band on laptop screen

That could be a physical flaw in the screen, but hopefully it's just a loosened connection in the wiring involved.

It probably did happen in transit, since the repair techs would have noticed and called you if they saw it.

You could have a local tech try to check the wiring first, but you'll probably have to send it to Melbourne again. If so, use a bigger box and ship it wrapped in something big and soft like a down-filled winter coat or quilt. You might also want to insure the parcel for the round trip if your postal system or courier company offers the option.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/thin-grey-vertical-band-on-laptop-screen.149000/
Relevancy 85.14%

I have a HP Pavilion dv9700 notebook with Windows Vista 64 bit.

After I login with a specific user, the whole screen turns into pink vertical stripes. Till the login screen, it is perfect.

Also, if I connect to an external monitor, the external monitor too becomes pink

If I login in using safe mode, the screen is perfect on the notebook (except of course it is at reduced resolution)

Thinking that the drivers might have been corrupted, I used the recovery disks to restore the notebook like when it came from the factory. But did not help.

Changing the angle of the laptop screen too does not help.

A:Pink vertical stripes on screen (but not in safe mode)

I used the recovery disks to restore the notebook like when it came from the factory. But did not help.Click to expand...

You mean you install a fresh new windows and the problem still persist?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pink-vertical-stripes-on-screen-but-not-in-safe-mode.1077239/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi all I need a bit of help as I'm lines make grey Thin fuzzy screen laptop vertical slowly losing my mind over the following problem I run Xubuntu Linux Thin vertical grey lines make laptop screen fuzzy on a HP Elitebook p Some two weeks ago the entire left cm margin of my screen started to display black green yellow blue lines which seemed to move constantly Wiggling the screen and pressing here and there solve the problem temporarily but only temporarily Furthermore the next cm seem to be following suit I ordered a replacement screen from a company here in The Netherlands and got to work After replacing the screen and a fresh startup the screen displays a yellowish sheen plus that it seems like every second vertical line in the display is greyed out making the screen fuzzy and hard to focus on I thought something was wrong with the replacement screen and send it back requesting another The next screen had the same but with a reddish sheen The next new replacement the third by now had a blue-ish sheen All three replacements had the vertical line problem Placing my old defect screen back shows a good image that is all vertical lines work properly Another odd detail is that both in the second and third replacement screen there can be seen a collection of static pixels dark-red coloured in the lower left corner in the configuration of a capital C in mirror image Does anyone have the faintest idea what is going on here All help is greatly appreciated many thanks

A:Thin vertical grey lines make laptop screen fuzzy

sounds like you had a bad connection or ribbon cable between motherboard and screen is failing.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/thin-vertical-grey-lines-make-laptop-screen-fuzzy-4600859/
Relevancy 80.84%

I booted up my laptop today and I got a thin white line going across the screen... Would that be a screen problem or would be do to an OS problem? I shut it down and rebooted and I still got it...

Please advise!

Thanks...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/thin-white-line-on-screen.182855/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi guys 
Having issue with my Dell XPS 9530  15 inch
two thin horizontal lines appear through all dispay. they exactly divided display onto three equal parts.
those line visible only on dark solid color filling screen. External display is ok. Bios tests same result observable on dark , not visible on light. Looks like a problem with back lite. No falldowns, no drops labtop was moved only inside my apartment from one table to another,
Most inteesting it exactly same issue appearing second time. First 6-8 month after purchase. was replaced display under warranty. and now after -9 month after replacement EXACTLY same issue. 
Anybody have something similar? looks very possible engineering defect. And dell support offering me fix on my cost.

Thanks
Kostyantyn

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19996878
Relevancy 79.98%

Today I turned on my laptop and there is a blue line running vertically down the left side of the screen that I can not seem to get rid of .  I updated my video drivers and restarted the system but its still there. the lapptop is a week under a year old. HP ZBook 15 G2 Windows 7 NVIDIA Quadro K2100 M.  I never dropped the laptop or anything even rouch to it. I am very careful.  Please let me know what i can do. Thank you 

A:thin blue line on laptop screen

Hi Kerberg, Can you try the following troubleshooting steps to see if it's hardware/software issue: - Connect the notebook to an external monitor to see if the line appears on the external monitor. - Go into BIOS by tapping "F10" key during boot up and see if the line appears on your main display. If it doesn't occur in BIOS, the hardware is good. We will have to focus on video drivers- onboard and discrete card. If the line appears on the screen, please call 800-334-5144, say notebook and then zbook through the promot. Thank you, -Tenzin

I am an HP employee.Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer ?Accept as Solution? if it solves your problem.***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***#hpexpertday

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/thin-blue-line-on-laptop-screen/td-p/5578145
Relevancy 79.55%

This is not a stuck pixel because i tried taking a photo of it with a screen capturing software and the photo was fine but the weird line was still there I am pretty sure this is a virus i did a live update and did a full scan with norton scanned my registry and disk with the latest registrybooster and auslogic disk optimizer software but nothing happened i tired UDpixel Pink screen horizontal line 1 across 2 Yellow and to fix my pixel and nothing happened so this is most likely a hidden virus that norton cannot find this is my HJT log Logfile of Trend 2 Yellow and 1 Pink horizontal line across screen Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes h C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System ibmpmsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files IBM IBM Rapid Restore Ultra rrpcsb exe C WINDOWS System QCONSVC EXE C WINDOWS system TpKmpSVC exe C WINDOWS system tp serv exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C PROGRA ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TPHKMGR exe C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT EzEjMnAp Exe C Program Files ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TPONSCR exe C Program Files ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TpScrex exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files IBM Messages By IBM ibmmessages exe C IBMTOOLS UTILS ibmprc exe C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities QCTRAY EXE C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities QCWLICON EXE 2 Yellow and 1 Pink horizontal line across screen C WINDOWS system RunDll exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis 2 Yellow and 1 Pink horizontal line across screen exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http myplace westnet com au R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http myplace westnet com au O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO NCO IE BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT IDS IPSBHO dll O - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser CoIEPlg dll O - HKLM Run S TRAY S Tray exe O - HKLM Run TrackPointSrv tp serv exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run TPKMAPHELPER C Program Files ThinkPad Utilities TpKmapAp exe -helper O - HKLM Run TPHOTKEY C PROGRA ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TPHKMGR exe O - HKLM Run TP EX tp ex exe O - HKLM Run EZEJMNAP C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT EzEjMnAp Exe O - HKLM Run UC Start C Program Files IBM Updater ucstartup exe O - HKLM Run UpdateManager amp quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe amp quot r O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run ibmmessages C Program Files IBM Messages By IBM ibmmessages exe O - HKLM Run IBMPRC C IBM... Read more

A:2 Yellow and 1 Pink horizontal line across screen

Hiya and welcome to Tech Support Guy

Are you still having this problem? If so, do the following:

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here or Here

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.

Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home Users
Double-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download and unzip them from here.)
Under "Configuration and Preferences", click the Preferences button.
Click the Scanning Control tab.
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining.

Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.
Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.
Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".
To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.

Click Close to exit the program.
Please include the MBAM log, SAS log and a fresh HijackThis log in your next reply

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-yellow-and-1-pink-horizontal-line-across-screen.802192/
Relevancy 78.69%

I have Faint vertical dotted lines in the back ground when I download a video clip. I have Dell XPS400 , 2 year old computer.
ATI x600 series video card. I don't know if this is a setting or a bad video card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faint-vertical-dotted-lines.624417/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hey guys , i really need some help.
I play Counter Strike about 15 hrs in a day. It was like usual day, when i got sleepy & turned my PC off at 04.00AM in the morning. When i wake up & started my PC at 09.00AM , there was a vertical black line on my screen. The position of the line is where the address bar is.{sorry for bad english}.
As my tournament is going to start soon, i really need my screen to get ok.
Monitor - AOC 916Swa.
Please help me as fast a possible, & give any suggestions.
thanks, SmokeR.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vertical-line-on-my-screen.985643/
Relevancy 78.69%

This happened before and when I changed the wallpaper it went away. This red line on the righthand side won't go away! is this bad news? Time to use the guarantee? again... the shop changed my pc already once 2 weeks after I bought it... please can someone tell me if I can fix it myself? thanks anyone

A:vertical line on screen

kimsou said:

This happened before and when I changed the wallpaper it went away. This red line on the righthand side won't go away! is this bad news? Time to use the guarantee? again... the shop changed my pc already once 2 weeks after I bought it... please can someone tell me if I can fix it myself? thanks anyoneClick to expand...

If there is a warranty or Guarantee in place for the item then dont try to fix it, you can void any warranty, take it back again and again until you get a working system or until you get your money back.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vertical-line-on-screen.63687/
Relevancy 78.69%

I have a laptop Acer Aspire 5000 about 2 years. Yesterday when i carried the laptop back home from school, and turned it up. After sever minutes, i moved the lid up and down to adjust the screen angle, these is a pink line appear (small line running the full height of screen). After that I knock the screen or a border of the screen, that line dissappear, then it coming up again when i touch the lid. It keeps happening like that over and over. Any body know how to fix it? I did open the cover of the screen, it seems nothing is broken inside.
please help me! Thank you

A:a vertical line on screen

The screen's cable is most propably damaged. Just to confirm that the fault is in the monitor, post a screenshot from a time where the line appears... Replacing the cable will not be the simplest job, I assume, but will be quite an easy fix...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-vertical-line-on-screen.779767/
Relevancy 77.83%

I have a small vertical line on the right side about three inches from the edge. Hyperlinks under it can not be clicked. A restart clears it, but it comes back. I opened the settings in an app and I saw it move in from the right side. I have a screenshot. It is a little over one inch tall.

:-)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Small-vertical-line-on-screen/td-p/5740003
Relevancy 77.83%

I have an Acer 4010 Travelmate laptop and there is a vertical line on my screen. I have attahed a screenshot and I have also included the system and display information on a notepad. I tried reinstalling the drivers but that didnt help. Please let me know if anyone knows the solution for this issue. I really appreciate your inputs. Thanks!

- Riverbats

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vertical-line-across-my-laptop-screen.549060/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello fellow Windows enthusiasts So I installed Windows on my Toshiba Satellite Yellow Line the Down Screen Vertical P -S laptop a couple months ago and I love Vertical Yellow Line Down the Screen it everything has been working great up until now I have this vertical yellow line pixel wide running from the Vertical Yellow Line Down the Screen top to the bottom of my screen just to the right of the centerline Here's an example of what it looks like It started out flashing on and off periodically and I noticed that it had something to do with the white balance of the screen On my black background it was appearing a lot less often than with a white browser window open Although now the damn thing is stuck on all the time It does not appear on my post screen or on the Windows loading screens or when Windows is booted in Safe Mode Things I have tried so far Rolling back my graphics driver to a previous version - no effect Updating my graphics driver to the newest version - no effect Do you have any ideas on how I might fix this

A:Vertical Yellow Line Down the Screen

So nobody has any ideas of what might be causing this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/67072-vertical-yellow-line-down-screen.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I was hoping someone could help me, I litterally just took my brand new HP All in One 21-3140 out of the box and the display as it was first starting up looked great and then it performed an update and now on the right hand side of my screen I have a white dotted line going down it. I have tried rebooting my computer and pulling the power cord out along with the connections for the wireless keyboard and mouse and cannot seem to get rid of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/White-Vertical-Line-on-Screen/td-p/5647749
Relevancy 77.83%

I was hoping someone could help me, I litterally just took my brand new HP All in One 21-3140 out of the box and the display as it was first starting up looked great and then it performed an update and now on the right hand side of my screen I have a white dotted line going down it. I have tried rebooting my computer and pulling the power cord out along with the connections for the wireless keyboard and mouse and cannot seem to get rid of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/White-Vertical-Line-on-Screen/td-p/5647749
Relevancy 77.83%

I have a thin thread-like red line running vertically on my 19 inch Viewsonic LCD monitor screen about an inch from the left edge of my screen. I rebooted with F8 and went to the VGA mode but the line is still there. I did an Auto Image Adjust on the monitor but the line is still there. How can I remove the red line from my computer screen?

Larry

Relevancy 77.83%

Help I was just playing Warioware and for a sudden the screen got pixelated go black and restarted This had happened quite a few times before but this time after restarted the BIOS screen also pixelated and vertical pixelated bars appeared on the screen and followed by BSOD before the welcome screen I restarted in Safe Mode and clean all the display drivers using Driver Sweeper For sure any of these two files atikmdag sys and atikmpag sys caused the BSOD because after I swept all the drivers files it boots successfully without BSOD But how can I fix this vertical bar Do I need to buy a new graphic card If so will this happened again because I think new graphic card will also use atikmpag sys nd atikmdag sys And if it is again should I switch to Nvidia Please help me my brain got confused typing in this pixelated bar and excuse me for any mistake or posting in wrong section I'm using ATI HD with no installed CCC right now Before this I used version of CCC PS I attached the image of the vertical bars I simply can't do anything with it present

A:Vertical pixelated line on my screen!

It sounds like the video card overheated and apparently one too many times. Most likely the card is shot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/203099-vertical-pixelated-line-my-screen.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I have a 2 year old Gateway laptop which, I understand, was actually made by Acer under license.

All of a sudden a vertical line appears midway in the screen display. Sometimes it is a red line, sometimes a white line.

Does anyone have any idea why this occurs? Is this a sign of the "kiss of death" for my laptop display, to follow? Does this mean the "end is near" for the screen?
44 Guy

A:Gateway Laptop Screen-new vertical line half screen

Same problem in Safe Mode?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/299084/gateway-laptop-screen-new-vertical-line-half-screen/
Relevancy 76.97%

My Toshiba M Satellite laptop was purchased in Just recently it started showing green monitor shows vertical dotted lines faint vertical green dotted lines on the screen that tend to become worse the longer the computer is used monitor shows vertical green dotted lines After about minutes of use the lines become so bad that they distort words and pictures to the point where the computer must be shut down If the machine has been used for an quot extended quot period of time minutes the screen will be completely black when attempting to restart windows I am able to hear it restart the signature Windows sound but nothing appears on the screen If the computer sits for an hour or longer it can then be restarted and the same process occurs When I hook the laptop up to an external monitor the same problems occur Other symptoms that have come along with these problems include Glitches on the Windows startup screen during boot-up After extended use internet browser becomes non-functional i e when trying to scroll up and down only about of the browser actually moves I have scanned the system in normal and safe mode using two different anti-virus programs and have found nothing I have also opened the computer and dusted using a can of air although the inside looked very clean I would appreciate any advice

A:monitor shows vertical green dotted lines

Try booting in safe mode and if the green lines disappear, then its your video driver and you need to reinstall it

Let me know how it goes

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/213880/monitor-shows-vertical-green-dotted-lines/
Relevancy 76.97%

Recently i  have faced a problem that a black thin line in my laptop screen and seems it is geting longer.how can i get rid of this black line problem.what should i do??what is the solution of this problem??pls help me.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/a-black-vertical-line-inlaptop-screen/td-p/5612116
Relevancy 76.97%

I have a verticle line running down the left side of my screen on my Probook 640 G1 - model number is T1C08UT#ABA.I have seen other similar posts and the suggestion was to hook up an external monitor. I did that and the line does not show up when hooked up to the external. Does anyone have any other ideas ? I have used Product Assistant and all my drivers show as up to date. It is under waranty, should I just obtain warranty repair through HP ? THanks in advance.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Vertical-Line-Down-Left-Side-Of-Screen/td-p/5778458
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello HP Support nbsp I need white screen Vertical line on laptop the your help nbsp I have an nbsp HP Pavilion Notebook - n el energy star nbsp Product number F R EA ABZ running on nbsp Windows -bit System Intel R Core TM i - U CPU GHz GHz RAM GB Processor Graphics in use Intel R HD Graphics GOP version nbsp Since yesterday after some updates probably but I don't know which ones a white vertical line has appeared on the right-hand side of the screen and it doesn't go away nbsp I cannot watch films or videos do any work without this line disturbing the screen it is really annoying and unpleasant nbsp Everything else is normal and running properly I think nbsp Vertical white line on the laptop screen I have tried to solve it by downloading updated versions of the graphics processor but when I go to your website for my laptop there are three downloads recommended for the graphics processor nbsp Driver per scheda grafica Intel ad alta definizione HD - - Versione M nbsp orDriver scheda grafica NVIDIA - - Versione M nbsp orDriver per scheda grafica AMD ad alta definizione HD - - Versione M nbsp I don't know which one I have to download so I have not downloaded any and in any case I don't know whether that would solve my problem nbsp Can you please help me nbsp nbsp Many Thanks in advance Patrizia

A:Vertical white line on the laptop screen

Hey Patrizia,Welcome to the HP Forums!The first steps that you should attempt is to make sure that the vertical white lines do not appear in the BIOS. To do this I have included the steps below.1. Turn off your computer2. Make sure you have connected the power cable3. Turn on your notebook, as it is starting press the  F10 button repeatedlyOnce you are in the BIOS, if the lines are still present, it is likely a hardware failure. The next two steps may resolve the issue. The first one is to do a hard reset. I have included the document 'Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset'. The next and final step is to perform a BIOS update. I have included the information here for you 'Updating the BIOS'.Let me know if the issue does not appear in the BIOS.Hope this helps!

I worked on behalf of HP

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Vertical-white-line-on-the-laptop-screen/td-p/3835370
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi,
I have Dell Latitude D400 laptop.I Got a problem just a couple of days ago,something happened with its display,There is a straight vertical line on the left side of its screen lid.It just came up after when i cleaned it with simple wet cloth,I think i might have pressed it badly while cleaning it.and now this line is realy killing me,can anybody help me here?will realy appretiate your help.
Thanks

Relevancy 76.97%

yesterday when my l d did not work black screen vertical line freeze for the first time i posted in the l d forums Vertical line freeze whole system crashes - Steam Users' Forums but the problem is different now It used to be that whenever i played the game for - minutes it froze and i would do a hard reset Then i updated my drivers to Today's released catalyst it still wouldnt work so i forgot about teh game and i was watching freeze! screen/vertical line Black a youtube video but it seems that the problem has branched out of the game and into the os In the middle of the youtube video the freeze happens I restarted Black screen/vertical line freeze! and opened firefox but i forgot about my youtube tab so it froze again but this time it froze immediately when the page loaded now i Black screen/vertical line freeze! downgraded back to drivers and installed directx i tried dusting out the fan and doing many other things as stated in the other l d thread but it doesnt work help i'm out of warranty i have an HP laptop dv - ca with ATI Mobility Radeon HD Black screen/vertical line freeze! i read on the amd site that someone with the same problem updated his network drivers because it conflicted with his audio drivers and then it worked for him FOr me my network drivers are already updated and the thing is this problem happened randomly Before i had this freezing problem i did a presentation of an ISU and i put my laptop beside a projector which emiitted great heat when i was done the laptop was very hot screen fan hole area could this be the cause that ruined my whole computer should i try a restore point to am when i presented it was pm from the until now ive tried various fixes which made things worse

A:Black screen/vertical line freeze!

Well, yes, heat kills hardware. However, if that projector had been so hot, your laptop would have at least restarted, if not turned off, in order to save itself from potential damage from the heat.
There are some programs for monitoring your laptop temperatures, you can use them to check if the problem occurs because of overheating (SpeedFan and Core Temp).

If the problem has something to do with your drivers and the restore point is before you have updated for example your Display Driver, then you could first try running in safe mode and see if the problem still occurs. If no, restore your system, it won't delete any files, it will only return your registry and drivers to earlier state.

That you are out of warranty shouldn't stop you from taking your laptop for diagnostics. You will have to have money of course, but at least they will fix the problem ; )

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/140576-black-screen-vertical-line-freeze.html
Relevancy 76.11%

i've restarted my computer but everytime i always see a thin vertical blue line on my computer that shows up all the time even if there is an application up. It's bizare and annoying. I'll post a screen shot in a while.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bizare-problem-blue-vertical-line-on-screen.886313/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi, I bought this product less than three months ago and yesterday I noticed a vertical line appeared right in the middle of the screen. It hasn't gone away and I'd like to know what is causing the problem. Thank you very much.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19985287
Relevancy 76.11%

Have a Gateway desktop here, and now this problem, which I've taped for you and posted on Youtube.
http://youtu.be/rsGBmIkfafc

A:Wavy black vertical line on display screen

nuthin? No one?
Can anyone recommend another tech forum?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wavy-black-vertical-line-on-display-screen.1010717/
Relevancy 76.11%

My Yoga had a black line appearing on the screen and it was replaced by Lenovo. Now the same problem has appeared again. The line is thick and black appearing 3/4 into the width of the screen. Occassionally it is strippy white. On some occassions a little tap can make it go away (but not much anymore) and rarely after the laptop has been on for some time the line will dissapear. Any help would be appreciated. Is this likely the screen, the power unit or what?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-yoga-13-Black-vertical-line-on-screen/td-p/3336955
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi,

I have a Dell Inspiron 3537 model. It has been giving me a problem on and off. There is white vertical line which comes right in the middle of the screen. I used to press a little lightly on the screen and it used to disappear. But since morning it has been constantly there and troubling me a lot.
Request help asap and thanks a ton in advance.
Regards,
Abhinay

A:INSPIRON 3537 VERTICAL WHITE LINE IN MIDDLE OF THE SCREEN

The only way to permanently solve the problem is to replace the LCD -- if the system is under warranty, contact Dell and they'll do that for you. If it's not, the screen you depends upon whether it's a standard LCD (about $50-100) or a touchscreen (requires the complete assembly;  about $200).

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19983739
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi All Just came home from the school run to find my laptop is now being funny with me.It was off whilst I was out and now have random thin lines apparening and the screen flashing to pinky/purple every now and then.  I havent had this laptop long and now this =(  Can anyone help please 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Flex-2-15-thin-lines-and-turning-purple-pink/td-p/3445051
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello all,

I have recently upgraded from 7 to 8. Have only one complaint - in 7 I used to be able to make my taskbar thin while in the vertical (LHS) of the screen, it was a bit hacky, you had to:

Set the taskbar to autohide
Stop the "desktop window manager session manager" service
Restart the service
Turn autohide off

I had written a batch file and just set it to run at start and it worked fine.

However it doesn't work in 8 and examining the list of services, it seems that desktop window manager session manager has disappeared. A quick look at the wiki page says that it now cannot be disabled and is running all the time.

Is there any way to do this in Win 8?

To clarify, I'm trying to get this:
Instead of this:
Any options considered!

Thanks in advance

Jon

A:Thin Vertical Taskbar

Right click taskbar - select properties. You will see taskbar location on screen box with dropdowns of bottom, left, right, and top. Select the position you wish it to be and click "apply". Taskbar will change to that position. Hope this is what you want. If you use small icons, it will be thin, I believe.

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/27837-thin-vertical-taskbar.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I was wandering how I would get rid of this dotted line? I've seen someone say something about Deleting your Icon Cache and so on, but I've deleted my Icon Cache for different things before and that still has always been there.

A:Get rid of dotted line around selection

What version of windows are you using?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/274048-get-rid-dotted-line-around-selection.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I have a word doc that is multiple pages. Right in the middle of a table is a dotted line going across . When printed it looks like a page break. How can I remove this line.

Relevancy 71.81%

This isn't so much a OH GOD PLEASE HELP as it is a minor nuisance. I used the ALT + 255 trick to make no letters show on my icons on the desktop, however when I select them I still get a small dotted line around it that is annoying, anyone know if this is removable? Here is a link to a photo explaining what im trying to get rid ofMany thanks~P.S. I don't think I could find anything on it in TweakUI, although I may have missed it.

A:Removing Dotted Line Around Icons

Hi Jbone80.
Right click on desktop. Select Properties>Appearance Tab>Effects Button.
Make sure "Hide Underlined Letters for Keyboard Navigation until I press the alt key" is selected.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/94367/removing-dotted-line-around-icons/
Relevancy 71.81%

Does anyone here no how to get IE to remember what link was clicked on last by having a dotted line around it? Is there some kind of setting that needs to be changed somewhere?

I've never ran into this concern before, but I have this friend who is concerned now. They say that windows 98, while using IE, would have a dotted line around the link that was clicked on last, making it easier for them to do whatever kind of work they were doing.

I ugraded to windows 2000 pro (clean install), on their computer, and now IE does not have this dotted line around the link clicked on last. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Hopefully it's clear. Let me know if more explanation in needed.
marcg

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dotted-line-around-links-clicked-on-last.269247/
Relevancy 71.81%

When openning folders of photos or using Windows Photo Gallery some thumbnails display as narrow vertical bands. If I start a slideshow using that folder they appear normally full screen. All images appear normally in Photoshop Elements.

Dell Laptop XPS 1530 with Vista Ultimate

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/thumbnails-display-as-thin-vertical-bands.689964/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi i wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction too solving my problem.... evertime i turn my pc on the manufactures logo appears ( COMPAQ ) but with thin vertical white lines a bit like adidas stripes, then the moniter goes black and then thin blue vertical lines appear over the (microsoft corparation boot screen) and then fials to start up .. i have used my recovery discs and set it back to the original factory settings which wiped all my files, it works fine for a couple of hours and then goes back too playing up again , what do i do now and what is the problem...` iam using a Compaq presario pc with vista home, with a nvidia geforce 7500 limited edition grx card... hope someone out there can help .. many thanx..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/white-thin-vertical-lines-when-i-turn-my-pc-on.794257/
Relevancy 70.95%

How do I get rid of that awful looking, dotted line around the selected button?

Picture provided below, for an example.

A:Ugly dotted line around selected button?

Try this Remove the "Focus Rectangle" from Icons the link in post #1 is broken but if you go down to post #8 I have it there in a zip folder.

Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/288376-ugly-dotted-line-around-selected-button.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi, I just recently upgraded my system to Windows 8 PRO 64 bit edition.

I noticed on my desktop there are these around my icons:
Is there any way to get rid of them, or disable them?

A:Dotted line around windows 8 desktop icons

That has always been there, as far back as Windows 95 from what I remember.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/16969-dotted-line-around-windows-8-desktop-icons.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I have a 17-page document in which a line of square dots appear in two places on their own. I can't remove the lines, can't change them in any way, but they print.
I can't find any information about the problem in the help files. Is this a solvable problem?

Relevancy 70.95%

Yesterday suddenly my laptops monitor turned pink with white vertical lines on it. I tried these things to solve:1. Restart System2. Memory Check3. Video Driver Re-install4. Troubleshooting5.  Pulled out the battery and kept my laptop turned off for a while6. Disabling both GPUs (Intel HD Graphics 4600 + AMD Radeon HD 8750m) But no luck....! The width of the white sripes keeps changing to wider-thinner. I'm using the latest BIOS:  01.31 Rev.AAnd Latest GPU Drivers I'm confused if it's connection problem or GPU problem! I'm badly in need of a working solution 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Vertical-Pink-White-Lines-on-My-Probook-450-G1/td-p/5594542
Relevancy 70.95%

my laptop display  is showing vertical pink and flouroscent green lines. how it can be fixed and what is the reason of this problem.

A:vertical pink lines on my hp pavilion g6 laptop

1. Check if the vertical lines are seen under BIOS of your Notebook2. Tilt the screen/display forward and backwards to check if the vertical line stays at all the angles3. Connect an external desktop monitor and check if the vertical lines are seen even in an external screenPlease revert for further assistanceRegardsKNRKI work on behalf of HP

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/vertical-pink-lines-on-my-hp-pavilion-g6-laptop/td-p/4649642
Relevancy 70.52%

I have things like resumes I need to update, but when I try to click on any area of the document, I instead get a dotten blue line around the entire doc, and it won't let me edit. Didn't happen until I got windows 8. Help please? (Even if I copy and try to make a new doc it still happens.)

A:can't edit documents in windows 8. Get blue dotted line

What word processor are you using? IF MS Office what version and have you tried using WordPad?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/28199-cant-edit-documents-windows-8-get-blue-dotted-line.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Whenever I left click and drag to select files on my desktop, it does not look how i want it to. I want it to look like it does in a folder. please refer to the attachments for clarification.
Also, does anybody know how to change the color of the border of the solid version? I would like to make it fit with my theme better.

A:How to change dotted line+transparent selection to colored+solid?

Hello David, and welcome to Seven Forums.

The tutorial below can help show you how to turn on the "translucent selection rectangle" to make it solid again. I'm afraid that I don't know a way to change it's color though.

Show Translucent Selection Rectangle

Hope this helps some,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/320674-how-change-dotted-line-transparent-selection-colored-solid.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi, friends,I'm having problems on the display screen of my HP pavilion g6-2232TX model.  It's having vertical lines with a pink tint through all over the screen. I have tried with BIOS update and reset options as HP support assistant mentioned, but it's still the same. Please give me the solution to fix this problem. Thanks,Rana

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Pavilion-g6-2232TX-Vertical-lines-with-pink-tint-on/td-p/5702574
Relevancy 65.36%

What is the problem with my monitor and how do I go about fixing this problema

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pink-line-across-lcd-monitor.791428/
Relevancy 64.93%

Satellite L d-ST Windows First noticed it wouldn t wake when I would open boot tinted won't pink screen/computer the lid I could not force shut pink tinted screen/computer won't boot down by holding down the power button I removed the battery and was able to get it off and back on That happened maybe times and then I wasn t able to get it back on with or without pink tinted screen/computer won't boot the power adaptor plugged in When I hit the power button the CPU fan would go on I gave it final try and it booted right up but the screen had a purple tint to it Then the purple screen went away and there were purple flickering horizontal lines The lines and the entire purple tint comes and goes I lifted it up to check the model number and the entire thing shut off It wouldn t go back on I though maybe it was something loose so I kinda tapped it and then when I hit the power button it went on The battery was fully charged If I would bump it or move the screen it shuts off and not just the screen I opened it up obviously removing the memory and hard drive Disconnected and reconnected the audio video and power connections I didn t see anything bent loose or anything that looked quot off quot I didn t do anything to the wireless card connections power adapter or cpu fan heatsink Put it all back together I can feel the hard drive going on and the cpu fan is on The screen doesn t come on If I move the screen or the computer it goes off I really didn t want to take the screen apart I don t have too much experience with that area I understand basic things but have no idea why there is a power issue as well as the screen nbsp

A:pink tinted screen/computer won't boot

With the battery removed does it still go off when moved ?

This dismantling guide could be useful :- http://www.irisvista.com/tech/laptops/Toshiba-Satellite-L505-L505D/remove-laptop-motherboard-3.htm

Taking it apart and re-assembling might reveal what's wrong.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pink-tinted-screen-computer-wont-boot.1034783/
Relevancy 64.93%

So whenever I turn on my computer it starts with a pink screen and will not change. Sometimes after waiting about 30-45 minutes it will show the Windows screen and I'm able to get to the desktop where I can open a browser, but almost immediately it minimizes and nothing can be done to maximize it. I can't open anything without it sticking on minimize. There are no icons on my desktop anymore and I don't have a bar at the bottom with options for volume etc The computer is 8 months old and worked fine until it was unplugged and not in use for about a month. Now ever since starting it up again it's doing this.

Windows 8.1

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/72967-computer-starts-but-stuck-all-pink-screen.html
Relevancy 64.93%

frist of all this problem is not the monitor, i will list everything i have done
this only appears when i play a dvd , it does not appear with all other software which i believe makes it a power dvd software problem?
1.Tried a different lcd monitor still there
2. tried uninstll and reinstall the software power dvd 9.0/no change
3. i thought about the vga cable but its fine with other software

I run windows 7 x64/955 AMD cpu/With 6 GB ddr3 memoery/asus M4a78E_t mobo
I also unstalled my windows 7 shark codecs software and reinstalled it no change. since it is exactly in the center i thought maybe some driver is causing this problem i have searched for a new driver using windows, it says i have the right driver for the ati 3300 internal video.
HELP

A:thin red line verticle in the center of the monitor

sounds correct the software or driver with that software

have you tried a different software for playing DVDs .- for example windows media player

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/thin-red-line-verticle-in-the-center-of-the-monitor.892194/
Relevancy 64.93%

I was writing in microsoft word, i closed word, and then all of a sudden i see a very thin purple line appear on my desktop. Its not just the desktop, because the line appears in word, it appears in firefox, so its obviously something my monitor is displaying. I have a dell i9300 with a 17" WUXGA. What is going on, and how can i fix this?

Relevancy 64.93%

I have an HP Pavilion N laptop quot LCD TFT Toshiba that works fine but complaint About way across the screen from left to with thin 14" Laptop blue LCD line? right there is a thin blue line running from top to bottom It started very faintly but grew continually worse and is now a quot permanent quot feature The screen and laptop are fine otherwise and I ve been able to check all internal connections and and component seating But the this hasn t corrected the problem I can replace 14" Laptop LCD with thin blue line? any 14" Laptop LCD with thin blue line? peice but what part is it Screen Cable Video Card When I change resolutions the line stays in the exact same place on the screen When I unplug the cable from back of the screen leaving the invertor connected the screen remains on and show a plain white field with no blue line Using the video-out from the laptop the line does not appear when hooked to a TVs video-in I do not have a proper monitor to try this with Gently moving the cable seems to have no effect But there is a good length of it held still under the power-button pcb when the laptop is re-assembled enough to turn it on Anyone have any experience like this and have an idea as to which part to replace Any more suggestions to try Thanks nbsp

A:14" Laptop LCD with thin blue line?

take it to a laptop repair shop or get a good technician on the job because it'll take tools and training to fix the problem (laptops are very tricky to mess with).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/14-laptop-lcd-with-thin-blue-line.27273/
Relevancy 64.93%

For whatever reason, this morning I have a thin blue vertical line down the right side of my desk top monitor. I purchased a new HP with Windows 7 in December of this year. The Samsung digital monitor is only 7 months old. I tried (foolishly) to tap the screen and the blue became yellow.

Wierd.

Any ideas?

A:Thin blue/yellow line on monitor

an artifact left over from a sidebar? did you try to refresh the screen?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/58496-thin-blue-yellow-line-monitor.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi there I had a virus as you can can see in this thread http Flash install line pink / Can't latest the www techspot com community topics startpins-opening-on-chrome-nsis-error page- which resulted in me uninstalling Adobe Flash as you will read Can't install the latest Flash / pink line above I now can t reinstall it I currently have a version of Flash as I was able to install it but it is not the latest version I try and download it from here http get adobe com flashplayer I get to stage but then nothing happens When I try again it says Only a single instance of this application can run I can t see it open anyway even when I go to Task Manager Any help on this would be great I don t know if this is relvant to this problem but since getting rid of the virus my computer is now clean I now get a pinkish vertical line that comes down the centre right of the screen It kind of flashes and come and goes I tried to do a print screen but it doesn t seem to show up on it Should I start another thread for that issue nbsp

A:Can't install the latest Flash / pink line

Down load revo uninstaller. Try using it to uninstall Adobe Flash. See if this helps.
www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-install-the-latest-flash-pink-line.186037/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi, I have Sahara NB5610-L1 Celeron M Processor Laptop. Just 5days back suddenly one vertical line is come to my LCD screen in the middle & it wont go back. I am using this Laptop for my Home & all the functionality is working properly but this line will not go. I am now fully tensed after this because I have already spent 30,000 for this.
Please clarify me in this regard. How to overcome this problem ?
If any body knows any Sahara Laptop Service center in Bangalore?
Thanks,
Chandra

A:LCD vertical line

I'm not sure exactly what that is. Do you mean there's a line there when its turned on only, or is it always there, even when shut off?

If its there when it's shut off then it sounds like a pressure crack on the screen to me. Hopefully its not that. I had a nasty on one my Sidekick 2 once. x.x

But even if it is, if its a not interfering with the picture try to disregard it. That's all I can say.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lcd-vertical-line.62391/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hey..

I need help..

I bought a 15 inch NEC lcd about a month ago and have been using it without any problems. Just this morning a red vertical line appeared about 7/8ths of an inch from the left. I have the latest driver with windows xp. The line doesn't seem to actually be on the desktop and it overlaps everything. I've also tried resetting the monitor configurations. Does anyone have any idea of how to get rid of the red line?

Thanks
Hoameng

A:NEC LCD...red vertical line

IT seems that Part of your LCD monitor is not functioning Correctly. Under Normal Circumstances your monitor maybe do a POST ( power on self Test ) and the line is Initated that way. You may want to try Booting into Safe Mode and DOS prompt to see if the line goes away. If its does Its mostlikely a driver issue. If not then its the monitor and you should return it. Also try hooking up another monitor to it just to see if you have the same prob. JFYI you have Display adapters and Monitor Drivers make sure you have both up to date.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nec-lcd-red-vertical-line.111030/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi guys, can someone please tell me how to stop the long vertical line in the folders etc from moving side to side? i have to keep stretching the line everytime i use any foldres is very annoying! thanks

A:Vertical Line

Rip mate can you send a pic of just what you are looking at when this is going on?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/331557-vertical-line.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hey all,

So all of a sudden while I was working earlier the open programs on the taskbar just suddenly started displaying as a thin vertical line. I have tried looking around to see if there was a setting, but nothing jumps out at me. I can still hover over and get aero peek function working fine, it's just that I can't see what the program is unless I hover over it.

Please can someone help?

(Image of problem attached)

TIA

A:Windows on the Taskbar have suddenly reduced in size to a thin line

The easiest thing may well be a System Restore point from just before the problem began.

System Restore

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/238464-windows-taskbar-have-suddenly-reduced-size-thin-line.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Alright, I have a Toshiba notebook and the other day a vertical, thin, purple line appeared on the the right hand side of my display. I didn't drop my notebook or damage it in any way, no over clocking of any sort ether. It doesn't show on screen shot and when hooked up to an external monitor it works like a charm. I would like to know if the problem is fixable because my warranty is void. I am surprised this has happened because the laptop is only about a year and a half old. Thank you for your assistance.

A:Vertical Purple Line

That Purple Line is a dead or stuck pixel it could have been your Graphics Card but since it worked alright in a External Monitor it indicates the LCD Screen is faulty, this means you need to replace the LCD Screen. I'm not quite sure how to take them off or fix them back on but someone on here maybe able to help a bit better with that.

You could try looking on Ebay for your Toshiba Laptop Model, they sell laptops that may have 1 part not working (they will indicate what is not working) but will be a cheap option for your LCD Screen as well as other spare parts for your laptop compared to buying the Screen on its own here is an example - http://www.priorityelectronics.com/laptop-lcd-screens/toshiba-lcdscreens.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vertical-purple-line.109448/
Relevancy 62.78%

I thought my problem was some kind of virus so I posted it in Vertical Line Grids the Vertical Line Grids Security Vertical Line Grids forum But responses there or lack of them lead me to believe that it s something else Here s the problem I ve suddenly got little grids of vertical lines surrounding the cursor covering the icons in the system tray covering the icons in the browser toolbars covering the start button covering the icons on the desktop and in various other places Strangely they don t cover the icons for Microsoft Word or Outlook in the Start Menu but they Vertical Line Grids do cover the rest of the icons in the Start Menu They even appear when the computer is booting up covering the entire large eMachines logo and covering the entire Windows XP startup page The quot grid quot of lines around the cursor consists of groups of vertical lines each about a millimeter high There are rows and columns of these groups of lines each The whole thing is about a square centimeter The grids around the various icons are similar When I m editing text the grid around the cursor is replaced by a single vertical bar just to the right of the cursor about a millimeter wide by a centimeter tall I m running Windows XP Home Edition on a new eMachines M laptop with an ATI radeon video card I tried reinstalling the display adapter driver but it didn t help I d greatly appreciate any suggestions that anyone might have nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

A friend of mine recently purchased a pc-cant remember the make i can easy find out tho-it worked fine for a week or so then apparently out of the blue a thin vertical line has appeared down his desktop-funny thing is it only appears on his desktop-if he is browsing the web he cant see it-any advice greatly appreciated.thanks

Relevancy 62.78%

ive had this vertical line on my monitor for a few days now and cant seem to get rid of it (philips 150c4) have rolled back drivers upadted drivers just cant get rid of it.can anyone help please its rather annoying.thanks

A:vertical line on pc monitor

Video cards can do that when they go bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vertical-line-on-pc-monitor.23674/
Relevancy 62.78%

I would appreciate help please.
I have just purchased an IBM 390 laptop. It has a veritcal thin yellow line about three inches in from the right on the screen. I have tried an external monitor and thats OK.
Please reply in " DUMMIES 2 language as I am just learning.
Thanks
Keith

Relevancy 62.78%

Note: Symptom is similar to one described in earlier note by SJackman.
There are small vertical line grids around desktop icons and the cursor on my display. Also, video shown on Microsoft Media player shows larger (longer and thicker) vertical lines over the images. (The video otherwise plays normally.) The lines do not appear on my desktop background or around the little icons on the Windows taskbar. As I type this note, I can see small vertical grids below my cursor pointer, but not elsewhere on the screen. Other than the vertical lines, my PC's functions seem normal.
Only recent install that I recall, other than Microsoft upgrades, is a Flash uninstall/install. I have Windows XP and a Dell 8300 PC.
I would welcome any suggestions.
barneypass

Relevancy 62.78%

I have been playing wow for a few months and am now having a pretty serious issue. A few days ago i hopped on to play and the computer randomly shut itself off. That problem repeated itself every time i would play it along with blue screens. I reformatted my computer afterwards and it is running much faster with no crashes or blue screens anywhere else. But now when i try to play WoW i get a weird crash that involves my screen being covered in multi-colored vertical lines and an extremely horrid sound. This forces me to hard reboot. If i reboot too soon after the crash my system start up and all the text is a green color and the system fails to start. Any help?

Relevancy 62.78%

hi, i switched my laptop today and realised a vertical line on the screen, what should i do to fix the problem, help me

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vertical-line.764236/
Relevancy 62.78%

I've got Yellow Line Vertical a yellow vertical line down the middle of my laptop screen From what I've read and the troubleshooting I've undertaken the screen is failing and the problem is only going to get worse I bought the computer in December it is Yellow Vertical Line less than a year and a half old I am retired and use the Yellow Vertical Line computer a few times a week never more than one hour at a time I've never dropped the computer or abused it in any way and the computer has never been taken out of my house I am appalled that a company like HP would produce such an inferior product Are their products so crappy that an extended warranty should no longer be considered an option but a necesssity There is no reason for this problem other than HP cares nothing Yellow Vertical Line about the products it makes I want to contact an officer of the company and have found that this is impossibile to do As a senior citizen on a fixed income I cannot afford to have the computer fixed Now what do I do nbsp

A:Yellow Vertical Line

Hello I understand your concern and my since apologies. Personally I wpuld suggest to visit support.hp.com and initiate a chat support or use our phone number. I am afraid, we can only provide repair options to those units in warranty, however you can expose your case and see if there is something else to be done. Good Luck!

Regards;SmileyI am an HP employeePlease click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.Please mark Accept As Solution if my help has solved your issue.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Yellow-Vertical-Line/td-p/5625916
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi.

I have a problem with my computer screen. I have these what appears to be purple bars running vertically across my screen, 5 of them in total and about 4cm apart. When I run a graphical program/game the graphics are all f*cked up and it's really annoying. Have you any clue on what this might be?

I have a Radeon 9700 Pro if that helps.

Thanks

A:Vertical purple stripes on computer screen

Try removing the Radeon 9700 drivers and then reinstall them. You might want to check ATI's site and see if there are updated drivers available for your card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vertical-purple-stripes-on-computer-screen.58596/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi guys, this is my first post on one of these forums. I have 2 vertical white lines that go all the way down the display on the laptop. Had the laptop just over 12 months therefore is out of warranty. How can I fix this issue? Will HP be able to replace or repair this? Also is there an email address to contact HP customer support as I couldnt find one on the website. Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Vertical-white-line-down-the-display/td-p/5768806
Relevancy 62.35%

heres the problem i had in the past sometimes of the itme while playing games i would get distortion on the screen artifacts would pop up and the computer would line nvidia problem vertical usually completely lock up and i would have to restart myself when i clicked the restart button on my tower it would start and there would still be distrortion on the screen words overlapping and such when i got to the windows screen it wouldnt start and instead i would get a blue screen which would talk about nvlddmkm sys however when i shutdown entirely and started up again it would fix the issue now i recently got this problem again and didnt think much of it i shut down the computer for the day but when i came back to it the problem nvidia vertical line problem was still there when i tried to get on i got the same blue screen i did the other times however this time completely shutting down didn t do the trick and now i am stuck in safe mode ive tried switching drivers rolling back with system resore and neither seems to work im on vista x and my vid card is a nvidia gx the vertical lines i have are in groups of and there are groups and they change with my screen meaning if its all black in an area so are they its weird and its giving me a headache any help is appreciated nbsp

A:nvidia vertical line problem

nvlddmkm.sys is a driver for your NVIDIA graphics card. Have you looked for possible updates for your NVIDIA driver on their website?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-vertical-line-problem.952120/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have a westinghouse LCM17v2SL monitor . I shut down my whole computer to move . It was shut down for 3weeks & when I rehooked everything back up & restarted computer & monitor I all of a sudden have a green vertical line running from top to bottom of screen . I cannot move it at all . Line stays on monitor even after I remove the cable to the computer . Any help would be appreciated

A:green vertical line on monitor

Make sure that the cable is connected properly on the back of the monitor and the video card. Then try to go to the system BIOS of the PC to see if the green line is apparent. If that is the case the problem is not the video driver. Then try to run the monitor self test to see if the green line will show up. Look for instructions on your manual. If the green line is showing up on the self-test then you have a monitor issue and it needs to be replaced otherwise it is a video card problem and needs to be replaced.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/green-vertical-line-on-monitor.959958/
Relevancy 62.35%

OK I have a 22" lcd and for my video card I have nvidia 8600 GTS and on my monitor once in a while there is this thin vertical blue line that sometimes might stay for a few minutes any ideas what may be causing this problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reoccurring-vertical-blue-line-on-lcd.784753/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have a user who gets a vertical line on the right edge of envelopes when she prints addresses to them. This only occurs when utilixing the "Envelopes and Labels" function. If she creates an envelope by opening a new doc, then setting it to a #10 envelope, the line does not appear. Only when using the function. Any ideas why this happens? She is running Office 2K, printing to a HP DeskJet 990Cse. I can provide more details and even a scan of a printout if needed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 62.35%

Dear Sir A vertical line is in the midle of my Laptop. How to resolve this issue?Please suggest. Regards,Jagesh[personal information removed]

A:A vertical line in middle of Laptop

Hi /@jagesh, Thank you for your query.  I understand that you have a vertical line in the middle of  the notebook display. Here is link to    HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting a Notebook LCD Panel Issue (Windows 8/8.1, 7)HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting a Notebook LCD Panel Issue (Windows 8/8.1, 7) as a guide.    Please let me know the outcome. Thank you  for participating in the HP Forums! We want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as  "Accept as Solution?  to help other community  members!To say thanks for the assistance, please click the ?Thumbs Up Icon? below.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/A-vertical-line-in-middle-of-Laptop/td-p/5588440
Relevancy 62.35%

I have a vertical red line on my display.  It does not appear on the external monitor.  Sometimes it is two pixels wide, sometimes one.  When I press on it with some force (not just a light touch) it sometimes changes thickness or disappears, but returns with either one or two pixel thickness when I release pressure. I hae a Lenovo x201 Tablet (0831CTO) Multi-Touch display wih a 6QET68WW (1.38) BIOS. TIA

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Red Vertical Line Disappears When Pressed Then Re-...

The problem is something called a column driver. There is a connection to every column of pixels on your screen. If you have a wxga screen, there are 1280 of them. The connection is made by a strip of tape with contacts, that is held against the back of the panel by the adhesive between the contacts. Sometimes, the tape works its way loose due to age or vibration. It can be strained through incorrect routing of cables, etc during assembly or repair. It can also come loose if the screen is hit or strained. The "fix" is to replace the screen. If it is under warranty, I suggest calling Lenovo.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Tablet-and/Red-Vertical-Line-Disappears-When-Pressed-Then-Re-Appears/td-p/711499