Windows Support Forum

Voice overs like skype CRASH sound and video FREEZES

Q: Voice overs like skype CRASH sound and video FREEZES

Hey guys hope you can help me here.
When i'm at any kind of voice overs, in a call on skype or teamspeak it manages to happen a sound crash, but the time isnt certain, sometimes it takes about 10 minutes and other times take 1 hour or more to crash.
When the sound crashes, all the videos freeze. Its like watching a video with super slow motion and no sound.
Only way to solve this is rebooting.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536228/voice-overs-like-skype-crash-sound-and-video-freezes/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Voice overs like skype CRASH sound and video FREEZES

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 17.2%

Hi everyone A few days ago I replaced my cpu motherboard and hdds on my system OLD System main components Case Antec v Cpu i Mobo Asus onboard realtek mobo low crackling) bk volume (very ud3h sound ac1150 issue - and Gigabyte p x d-e RAM corsair vengence gb x GPU Zotac GTX Boot drive Intel Gigabyte ud3h bk mobo - realtek ac1150 onboard sound issue (very low volume and crackling) gb ssd Win HDD WD TB black New System main components Case Antec v Cpu i k Mobo Gigabyte z x - ud h-bk RAM corsair vengence gb x GPU Zotac GTX Boot drive Samsumg evo gb ssd Win HDD WD Gigabyte ud3h bk mobo - realtek ac1150 onboard sound issue (very low volume and crackling) TB black I was able to clone the ssd and hdd samsung migration for ssd and Easeus todo backup for hdd Initally I had some driver conflict when I Gigabyte ud3h bk mobo - realtek ac1150 onboard sound issue (very low volume and crackling) booted up the computer on the new mobo I managed to uninstall all the old drivers and then used the driver cd to install the mobo drivers and even updated all of them to the latest version I The conflict I m still having is with the back panel audio for the onboard sound I get very low volume and and crackling at certain frequencies tried on both my generic creative speaker and Audio technical headphones When I m plugging in the speaker into the green port and have it plugged in half way or accidentally touch the jack to the I o plate I get really strong loud static noise Here is the list of solution that I tried with no success Updated the Realtek HD Audio Manager app I e the one installed from the driver cd to the latest one Used DPC latency checker and it is showing all greens didn t test it for more than a minute though should I be doing something while the app is on to test for interference Installed Generic Realtek driver for ac codec Disabled C E and EIST in the bios Played with the equalizers on Realtek HD Audio Manager helped to reduce bit of static but its still there and the volume is still very low Disabled all line in devices Checked audio with a ubuntu live cd and the problem still persists does this indicate a hardware issue What I find strange is that my front panel that is connected to the HD audio pins on the motherboard works fine with the same speaker and headphones I still have some more solutions I need to test out like Update the bios currently on F version the latest is F I have a spare asus xonar dg PCI so will try to install it and test if audio will works fine But this is not a permanent solution as I only have one PCI slot which I m using for my wireless card adapter Edimax g Run Memtest can this ever be a problem for sound related issues Driver Sweeper I believe I have properly manually uninstalled all the mobo drivers but going try this app to be sure Can someone please point me in the right direction on how to solve this This is the first time I m installing replacing a mobo and cpu so should check if there is a wiring issue when I replaced all the parts back into the case Please let me know if more information is need to help resolve this I have a few more days left incase I have to RMA the mobo so any pointers would really be helpful before I decide to send it back if at all TIA Sreejit S nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-ud3h-bk-mobo-realtek-ac1150-onboard-sound-issue-very-low-volume-and-crackling.217321/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have recently purchased a new HP Ultrabook Folio1040. After few days of use I noticed I could hear a clicking noise comming from my laptop, this noise you can only hear if the room is silent. any idea ?

I have replaced a new Sandisk 256 gb SSD hard drive with 128 ssd. is it normal to hear this sound ? speakers are on mute.

but sound only comes when I move my laptop ...when it is on flat surface the sound sometimes stops sometimes keep coming slowly. Thanks in advance.

A:HP Ultrabook Folio1040 Clicking Sound

Does the "click" sound only happen when you are moving the mouse or scrolling the wheel or anything (Basically, doing anything on the computer?)

If so the processor could just have a small click sound coming as it's processing, I've noticed this with a few system but most don't do it.

You say it has an SSD and not a HDD, so it shouldn't be the hard drive making the noise as there's no physical parts moving, it operates similarly to RAM. Otherwise I would see if it sounds like it's coming from where the Fan is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-ultrabook-folio1040-clicking-sound.208815/
Relevancy 18.49%

Does anyone out there has experimented to use a Sound Card on a IBM Power 7 server running AIX 7.1

I know the card should be a PCIe lo profile to match the hardware. My concern is mainly with having the system recognize the card and drivers on AIX.

Any help will be apreciated.

A:Sound cards on IBM Power7 Servers running AIX 7.1

The proprietary Unix OS should recognize the sound cards with out problems

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-cards-on-ibm-power7-servers-running-aix-7-1.171763/
Relevancy 18.49%

Can't play 1080p HD video smoothly,it usually freezes and it becomes impossible to watch the video.I use vlc player but it still doesn't work.pc processor is Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.66GHz and RAM is 4.00GB(2.97GB useable), 32-bit OS,Windows 7 ultimate service pack 1.moreover,a hard drive of 24.4GB remains un-useable all the time.
so I need to know how can I solve this problem
do I need to add more RAM and get 64-bit OS?

A:Can't play 1080p HD video smoothly

Reset the router MTU to stop packet fragmentation.

usually in the section for the WAN side, you find the MTU setting defaulting to 1500.
reset it to 1492
save and reboot

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-play-1080p-hd-video-smoothly.216512/
Relevancy 18.49%

FIXED The backplate of the video card looked exactly like my old one but it was somehow making my video card not slide down far enough took it off and now its running HUH ZA If there is a big danger in running it so lofty without a backplate message me and let me know If you have a msi g check the damn backplate I bought a nividia off ebay and my mobo does not detect it It lights up but that is it I can send it back but I wanted to know what I can try first I get this message system card My video does my detect not with the install cd when I use the auto driver updater on nvidia and when I manually download the driver from the nvidia site My old radeon worked fine Old card MSI R GAMING G -Bit GDDR This graphics driver could not find compatible hardware GV-N G GAMING- GD nvidia requires and pin connector Mobo z pro asrock CPU k PSU watt ocz sxs What I have done so far Connected the Power Connectors x My system does not detect my video card -Pin x -Pin From my old card to the new card Im using my old power converters could that matter Id use the one that came with the card but a damn wire is hanging out of its area Checked device manager no device Checked bios made sure pci-e x is the primary video card source Checked my bios mobo overview and it says there is nothing in that slot Uninstalled all amd and nvidia driver in the control panel Uninstalled all drivers with gurus free amd and nvidia Display Driver Uninstaller in safemode Reseated the card Googled a lot Im now going to reset the bios I heard I can also update the bios would that even matter am I just trying to hard to make this possibly DOA card work nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-system-does-not-detect-my-video-card.216578/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi, as the title suggests I've got a bit of a sound problem:

I wish to record some of my digital sound (e.g. my friends in Skype) using Audacity and stereo mix. However, using the built-in stereo mix record feature Audacity has, no sound is being recorded. So I checked out the stereo mix device under 'recording devices' in 'Sound' and found that it was not detecting any sound at all.

I'm not totally sure as to how all it's settings must be, but it's like this now:

Listen to: enabled
Playback through: Speakers (Realtek HD Audio)

The device is set to be 'used' ofcourse.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Marty

A:No sound coming through 'stereo mix' device

Go to Edit -> Preferences and to the 'Audio I/O' or 'Devices' tab, and make sure the the audio INPUT is set to the source you want to hear from, in this case, the pc sound card or such, apparently Windows 7 does not change the input device when you select the Stereo Mix function for some reason.

If that's not the case, maybe your sound driver isn't allowing the stereo mix to work, you can try the Control Panel configuring method, which you can find at the audacity website (i can't set up links yet, but go to wiki.audacityteam.org/ and add this: index.php?title=Mixer_Toolbar_Issues#Using_the_Control_Panel) [sorry for this, but it's for a good reason, i'm not a bot/spam ]
kind of a pain to read through and configure everything, but will fix the issue.

If you don't want any trouble at all, you can just plug you speaker in the PC's 'Line In' plug (the blue one), and set Audacity's Input device to "Line in" or such.

Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-coming-through-stereo-mix-device.173670/
Relevancy 16.34%

I just solved my own problem and thought others might benefit since I could not find the solution using internet search My Realtek HD Audio manager seemed to be creating an echo on my quot Line In quot HD Audio Realtek "line from effect) (if in" echo it Removing output sound not a is audio signal I had already set the environment and equalizer sound effects options to lt None gt but the echo persisted I found the problem seems that I was essentially duplicating the Removing "line in" echo from Realtek HD Audio output (if it is not a sound effect) Line In audio stream The first quot source quot I found was the HD Audio manager You can open the manager and view the Line In tab - mine had a non-zero playback volume the slider was NOT all the way to Removing "line in" echo from Realtek HD Audio output (if it is not a sound effect) the left for zero playback If you want Removing "line in" echo from Realtek HD Audio output (if it is not a sound effect) output from the HD Manager that makes sense I also found out a second Line In quot source quot It was in the Line In properties settings where I had checked off the option to quot Listen to this device quot When I disabled that the echo disappeared To view this Line In properties tab right-click on the speaker icon in the notification area then select Recording Devices yes quot Recording quot Then the tab will display in a window with the title Sound You should see the Line In device in the list Right-click on this item and select Properties The Line In properties window pops up Then select the Listen tab UNselect Listen to this device The echo should disappear if you re experiencing my problem I hope this helps someone I m just trying to help the community from which I ve received so much help grinthumb nbsp

A:Removing "line in" echo from Realtek HD Audio output (if it is not a sound effect)

Two same signals

You're doing the right thing... getting rid of the other input signal.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/removing-line-in-echo-from-realtek-hd-audio-output-if-it-is-not-a-sound-effect.178881/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hi,

Can someone give me an advice, I want to use the very high setting for GTA 5, but the video memory indicator indicates that I go overboard the 2GB of my GTX 750 TI, is that safe?.

BTW my resolution is 1366x768 only.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gta-5-video-memory-overboard.216484/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello, Im using Medion Akoya laptop, win 7 32bit.. The problem started 4-5 months ago when sound just stopped after a few minutes of use, and as time passed sound worked shorter and shorter, a month ago it worked just so I could hear the windows starting sound, and it stopped after a few secs.. Now I cant even hear it.. But when I plug in headphones or other speakers it works.. I tried reinstalling windows, playing with the drivers and sound options in device manager, tried everything I could find on google.. But either its my low understanding of what people say or just a different problem (I never found a post that had the SAME problem as me).. Please help me if u can, I want to sell my laptop and I cant do that like this..

A:Laptop sound problem

Update : I installed the soundcard drivers that I found for this exact laptop, uninstalled drivers that were installed with windows update, installed the driver I downloaded, system sounds worked properly untill I went to youtube and watched a video for like 30 secs.. then it just stopped like it used to when this problem first showed up..
Also I noticed that when laptop goes to saving mode, or whatever(screen goes black) like a black screen saver, and when I move the mouse a bit to wake it and continue the video, it has sound, but stops after a while again..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-sound-problem.216439/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello,

I have been using the same set up for just over a year now and yesterday my monitor (which is just a TV with a HDMI port) stopped receiving signal.

I can boot up the pc and get the BIOS, which I can go into and see everything fine, as well as the windows loading icon but when it would normally go to the log in screen I get nothing.

I can however plug in an extra monitor (an actual Samsung monitor) with a VGA cable and it all works fine and on top of that if I connect the TV at the same time it works perfectly fine as a second monitor.

However if I try to turn off the VGA monitor and just use the HDMI TV then I get no video signal again.

No idea how to get my main TV monitor working again. Totally stumped.

Processor: Intel Core i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz
RAM: 8.00GB
Video Card: GeForce GT 620
MOBO: Asus Ranger VII
PSU: Corsair 500w
Monitor: Technika 22" HDMI + Samsung SyncMaster 2032 VGA

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-no-video-found-when-main-display.215571/
Relevancy 18.92%

My present video card is a Nvidia GeForce GTX 260. I really want to go up on my card, sticking with Nvidia chipset. My mother board is a Asus P5E3 Deluxe. Not sure how high I can go. The 260 wont accept Direct X11. Which rules out " Alien Isolation" and " Witcher The Wild Hunt ". Any help would be great.

A:Upgrade my video card

Forgot to note, board has an Core 2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3 GHz 8192 RAM

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-my-video-card.214801/
Relevancy 18.92%

Here are my specs Motherboard GIGABYTE G Sniper H CPU Intel Core i - K Devil s Canyon Processor GHz GT s Hard Drive Western Digital Blue WD EZEX Video card SAPPHIRE Vapor-X VXL RAM HyperX FURY GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR Desktop Memory Problem video output with Model HX C F x This is sort of a complicated issue I will try my best to guide you through what is happening I started with all of my devices connected including my video card and sound card When the HDMI was connected to the video card the motherboard logo would appear for a split second and disappear to be replaced with a black screen The black screen does not go away and the BIOS menus cannot be accessed I then tried removing the video and sound cards and connecting the HDMI directly to the motherboard Problem with video output The BIOS menu started up and I was able to install my OS and motherboard drivers There are no issues when the computer is RESTARTED but when it is shut down as it needs to be to install the video card sound card there is no video output at all Connecting HDMI to the video card gives the same issue as before I have been able to get video output by using the jumpers although this only works sometimes and I would really prefer not to need to do this every time I start my computer So far I have been able to install my sound hard with this method but the video card is tough Please help nbsp

A:Problem with video output

I should mention that the jumpers I mentioned are used only to reset the BIOS, I apologize for any confusion. Basically, resetting the BIOS allows for video output sometimes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-video-output.214716/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hello All,
Let me start by describing my setup. I have my desktop computer connected to my ultra 4k tv via a 20 ft hdmi cable. A couple of days ago I noticed that when I play a video file from my computer the sound is skipping and popping. However, when I play a pc game on the tv using the same setup the sound is fine. When I watch the same file on my computer it works perfectly, so I know it isn't the video file. Also, I tried a different hdmi cable and the problem persists, so I know it isn't the cable. Prior to this new problem everything was working fine. I have reinstalled my video cards drivers, but this didn't fix the problem.

My computer:
msi motherboard
processor: Intel core i5 - 3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 16.0 GB
System Type: 64 - bit operating system (windows 7 ultimate)
display adapter: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970

My TV:
Vizio 43" ultra 4k tv

Anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

A:Sound is skipping

Have you tried to hook it up to another television via the HDMI cable and see if the problem persists? What program (software) do you use to watch the videos? I personally like VLC media player, because you can adjust the sound timing if needed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-is-skipping.213543/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have a Vista Home Premium bit pc sp I have an audio problem The audio usually works perfect This is the second time in monts external sound from No speakers that for some reason it just doesn t get thru the speakers Although they sound like they are working perfect I have external speakers and the LED light is on to show the power is on If I turn the speaker on off it appears the sound is excellent On the speaker icon in the taskbar there is no red line through it All volumes appear fine When I right click speaker icon left click playback devices there is one icon quot speakers quot Realtek High Definition Audio checkmarked quot working quot Everything on the bottom is greyed out There is no yellow warnings under device manager When I click on sound it says quot Realtek High Definition Audio quot Right clicking for properities bring up the device is working properly The light is lit on my networks card is that what it s called My sister used the headphones a few days ago and said No sound from external speakers there hasn t been sound since although when I plugged them in there was no sound thru the headphones OR the speakers Speakers ARE working Attached is the DxDiag file My sister thanks you a million in advance for any instructions we can follow nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-from-external-speakers.212794/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello,

I am looking into upgrading one of our conference rooms at work with something that can provide output to at least 2 HDTV and 1 projector, with the future of a 3rd hdtv.

I been out the loop for awhile with video cards, and wanted to know if anybody knows of a way this can be done with a possible video card that has 4 hdmi outputs? They will be (2) 55 inch hdtvs and a projector which should output its own resolution

Thanks for the help ahead of time.

A:Any video cards with 4 HDMI outputs?

No video cards I know of have 4 HDMI outputs, but you can find plenty of cards that have that many if you combine DVI + Displayport. You could always use DP converters to HDMI got get the appropriate number of connections, but remember that after 2 non DP devices you'll need to start using Active Converters if you plan to keep the signal digital.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-video-cards-with-4-hdmi-outputs.172449/
Relevancy 18.49%

I went back to a restore point .Now I have no playback device other than my headset . It has sound on my headset but not through the speakers.and this comp. has a built in speaker and used to play, when I go to device manager under sound,I see my headset and 4 Nvidia High Definition Audio nothing wrong with any of it..I tried to update the drivers but it said they were all updated ... what am I missing?

A:Sound from headset but not speakers

List any Problem devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report

Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
===> If you?re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
===> If you?re running 64 bit Windows, you?ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
Attach it to your next post by clicking the Upload a File button

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-from-headset-but-not-speakers.186739/
Relevancy 21.5%

My usb keyboard and mouse stop working for abt 30 sec or so when I put my phone in charging mode with one of my usb ports...will it be safer to get a usb sound card or an internal pci sound card?.I prefer the usb sound card for its portability;especially if I shift to notebook platform. but I am worried about not getting enough juice through the usb port to power the sound amplifier since I have connected quite a number of devices on existing usb ports.. choices are either,'asus xonar DG' internal pci sound card or 'creative sound blaster play 2 usb sound card'.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-sound-card-or-internal-pci-sound-card.212527/
Relevancy 18.92%

Okay Everyone This time I'm really not sure if this is in the right forum.

My new Laptop sounds, to me, like transistor radio when I play music.
Sure it has Dolby. But. With two tiny speakers on the bottom, it doesn't
seem to help much
Today I fixed the problem. I plugged in the sound system I used on my desktop PC.
2 XA3021 Altec Lansing speakers, with a matching Altec Lansing XA3021 sub woofer.
I've had them for about 10 years now, and they still sound really good.
Here's my question. Does the Dolby that comes with the Laptop only work with the built in speakers
or does it extend to my Altec Lansing speakers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-quality.212213/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hey guys I can t seem to get into my old account so created a new one So here is my issue that I hope someone has a solution Long ish story FYI I didn t realize until after I wrote everything but when I refer to crash I mean the entire system crashed Been playing games on my computer pretty regularly with no problems crashes on Aliens Isolations but that was it and irregular Enter the realease of GTA I buy it I upgrade my drivers to the new Nvidia im using a GTX I play it it crashes after Card Video be crashing Might a bit I get bored and play csgo it crashes after a little bit I have hours with no crash I rollback my drivers reinstall update Works for a while everything seems fine Come back today and play a different game that has given no problem It crashes I look at video card stuff another crash Video Card Might be crashing I completely remove all the drivers and reinstall them after restart do stress test another crash I have cleaned the inside of the computer but that has not fixed anything I have run whocrashed to read the system log but it only reads a crash log from yesterday although it is referencing a nvidia created crash So now I m here and I have absolutely no idea what to do if I can get any help I would be appreciative another random note tried to test it with gta again and the launcher said it was missing gta exe I looked and its gone for whatever reason have to reinstall I guess Not a huge deal just thought it may be worth noting Thank you guys for your time oh and system specs gb RAM MSI GTX Duel monitors i cpu asus z- mobo nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-might-be-crashing.212021/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hey guys. Please forgive my ignorance, but I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to computers. I would like to upgrade my video card and I'm not sure which card to choose. I have an HP Pavilion Elite m9452p. I'm not exactly sure what specs you need, so please let me know if you need more info.

processor model: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200
memory: 8 GB
processor speed: 2.33 GHz
memory speed : PC2-6400
memory type: DDR2 SDRAM
video card: GeForce GTS 250
power suppy: Cooler Master 550w

Any info you can provide will be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-upgrade.212008/
Relevancy 18.92%

I have a Shuttle-PC with an i5 processor and 16gb of memory. The system has two Planar 27 in. Monitors. I periodically (maybe three times a week) have the video go crazy (see photo) and the system locks up. The only way to get out of this is to reboot. Does anyone recognize the problem and have suggestions on what to do?

Thanks,
Mike

A:Video Displays Lock up

Take a look at inside your computer, is it dusty. Sounds like your video card is getting to hot. this can be caused by dust or even the thermal grease could dried out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-displays-lock-up.210907/
Relevancy 18.92%

Is there any way to increase the amount of RAM dedicated to graphics on a dell inspiron n5010 laptop?
My specs are as follows:

cpu: intel quad-core i3 processor
ram: 4 Gb dual channel
gpu: intel hd graphics (intergrated)
current dedicated graphics memory: 64Mb

I am not afraid to use aftermarket tools like hacked bios etc?

please help!

A:Insufficient video RAM

I don't think so. Laptops are not gaming systems and GPU memory is nill, using shared system ram instead. For 90% of the populations, GPU ram is a non-issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/insufficient-video-ram.210646/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have a Dell Optiplex 330 which has a 2.0 dual processor with 4gb of ddr2 ram. I have windows xp installed and I have a video card that has 1024 mb of ram. I am unsure of the brand of video card or further specs. I bought it off of ebay some time ago.

My problem is that when I try to play streaming video it wants to freeze a lot. I have already given more space for the virtual memory on my computer: I think 4 to 8 gb and I have set my hardware acceleration way down but these changes haven't helped.

I can download and play movies fine, I only seem to have problems when playing streaming video like from hulu.com or letmewatchthis.com which directs you to sites like: putlocker, deditv, sockshare, loomba, etc. I have used other computers and they don't seem to have as much problems with this so I hope that somebody knows what I need to do to solve this problem. Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Freezing problems with streaming video

When you say freezing, do you mean just the video freezes, or the whole system? If its just the video, it could have something to do with your internet connection. Is the computer on wired internet or wireless?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/freezing-problems-with-streaming-video.164671/
Relevancy 21.5%

Whenever I connect my external hard disk to my laptop, my computer freezes as soon as I My Computer to access it or click on 'Open to view files' in the autorun menu. I cannot do once this happens. Not even task manager can be opened. The computer unfreezes and starts working fine after I unplug my hard disk. But it works just fine on my friend's laptop.
This started happening a few days ago. Till then I could use the hard disk normally without any problems. Can anyone please help me out with this problem?
My operating system is windows 7 and I am using Avast Internet Security 7 antivirus

A:My laptop freezes when I connect an external HDD

What type of external HDD is it? Of what Brand?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-freezes-when-i-connect-an-external-hdd.180809/
Relevancy 21.93%

The $35 Raspberry Pi 2 launched earlier this month sporting a wealth of upgrades and apparently, one of the most peculiar hardware bugs in recent memory.

Read more

A:Weird bug alert: A simple xenon camera flash can crash a Raspberry Pi 2

Wow.
Reminds me of what a big solar flare could do.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-bug-alert-a-simple-xenon-camera-flash-can-crash-a-raspberry-pi-2.208723/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hey all,

On my studio pc, I've installed a new rack mounted firewire audio interface in the studio. On the other drives (windows 8.1) the interface has installed perfectly but on the xp drive, although the drivers etc have been installed, once set, it works perfectly with the new outboard soundcard.

However, whenever I reboot to the xp drive, xp always reverts back to the on-board realtek sound card. I set the default to the new interface (a Presonus Firestudio Project) but every reboot it defaults to the realtek.

The motherboard is a P5N-E SLI if that helps.

How can I stop this happening so the new interface is the default?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-reverts-to-on-board-sound.208179/
Relevancy 18.92%

My computer has an MSI Iona motherboard with an Intel Core 7 860 processor and 8 Mb RAM. It also has a NVidia GT230 video card which I would like to replace. Does anyone have any ideas?

A:Upgrading my video card

It appears that you have a PCI Expres x16 (2.0) slot, so any PCI-E graphics card will work. Check out this "best GPU for the money" article at Toms for suggestions at different price points. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-my-video-card.207814/
Relevancy 18.49%

So, I built a PC years ago and kept a few things from my old unit.
Sound and video card.
Sound card didn't work with the new system so I'm running it onboard. Sounds okay, but I'd like to update it!
Video card is beyond old. Just picked up SimCity for 10 bucks and it looks like crap. Has to play on low settings.

Here's what I have:
Core i7 950 running at 3.07
6MB Ram (thinking of going to 8 here)
64bit OS Windows 7 home premium

ATI Radeon 5450. (NOT HD) I've looked for the card online and can't even find a picture of it.

What should I be looking for in terms of a video card to last me for years to come?
Santa left me a nice check for Xmas so money isn't really an issue!

Here's a pic of the PC (graphics card is taken out from the missing PCIe slot)

A:PC needs some new parts (Graphics and sound)

Wow. Bestselling card on Amazon is $359.99
I wasn't thinking of spending more than $200...I don't game that much and just want a much-needed upgrade!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-needs-some-new-parts-graphics-and-sound.207740/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have a laptop and I'm using Razer Kraken Neon Pro. Microphone takes everything from headset, that I can't play games and talk through skype with my friends. The sound is just too high for them. My brother got Razer Kraken Neon Pro too, but on desktop pc, still the same problem.

Windows 7 my pc, Windows 8 my brother's pc. I have IDT sound device.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microphone-is-taking-the-sound-from-my-headset.207735/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hello! I want to buy a Geforce Gtx 980 4GB gddr5 for my pc but I dont know if my motherboard can support it, how can I tell? my mother board is B85-G41 PC mate>, My procesor is i7 4770 3.40GHz. RAM is 16GB 1600MHz and PSU is 500W.

A:Video Card Support

From the information you provided, yes the GeForce GTX 980 will work very well with your MSI B85-G41 motherboard. You may want to keep an eye on your PSU though. 500W is the minimum system power requirement (according to the Nvidia website) to run the GeFore GTX 980. If you Overclock the GPU, it may run into some issues with the draw power coming from the PSU, and could cause it to go into an overload.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-support.207732/
Relevancy 18.49%

I am running a Windows 7 x64 machine with an Asus motherboard, AMD FX-8350 Eight-core processor, Radeon HD6450 graphics card, 11 GB ram with two monitors. The problem is audio & video are constantly starting & stopping (very choppy). I have updated my os, flash, java and shockwave. All my browsers are up to date. It doesn't matter if I try to play something in a browser or something I have on my computer using windows media player or vlc... everything is choppy. It is constant & is driving me to drink... Any help and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

A:Audio & Video choppy during playback

Once check your laptop or desktop chipset drivers are working fine or not, its effects the other related devices functioning. update or install the latest chipset drivers and video and audio drivers which are compatible with your system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-video-choppy-during-playback.207417/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello All please help not computer literate- just basic hope Nvidia GT635 GeForce card video I have posted in the right place if I have not then any guidance to the correct area will be most appreciated Can someone please advise from the Nvidia GeForce GT video card - can Nvidia GeForce GT635 video card I use an hdmi cable and connect to a Samsung lcd TV Samsung quot p Hz LED HD TV Nvidia GeForce GT635 video card UN F I intend to buy this TV currently didn t as I m not aware if it will work once I have the correct advice only then can I proceed to buy im using windows my system specs are as follows Orchid Motherboard orchid s Manufacturer MSI Form factor uATX - cm in x cm in Chipset AMD A FCH Memory sockets x DDR Processor socket FM Expansion Slots One PCI Express x Gen Three PCI Express x Gen One PCI Express mini card Processor AMD A TDP W Operating speed Up to GHz up to GHz turbo Number of cores Socket FM Memory GB Amount GB Speed PC - MB s Type DDR - Video graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GT Figure Video card kindly see attachment Images of video card and Ports also see Image of video card bracket showing ports - HDMI - DVI Form Factor Low profile PCB with ATX bracket Dimensions cm x cm in x in Maximum resolution DVI dual-link resolution x x bpp at Hz HDMI resolution x Analog VGA resolution with adapter x x bpp at Hz NOTE Not all ports support the highest resolutions GB onboard memory Memory interface -bit DDR Total power consumption W max Supports Blu-ray Supports HDCP Supports up to two displays at the same time nbsp

A:Nvidia GeForce GT635 video card

It says "HDMI resolution: 1920 x 1080". Which is a common port you would connect to a TV.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-gt635-video-card.207398/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hey , I am not good at computers
plz help me to choose the best and cheap graphic card for my computer
the details of my computer are:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name PAWAN-PC
System Manufacturer WIPRO
System Model MS-7267
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.80GHz, 2792 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 1 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. V17.21B6, 9/10/2007
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name pawan-PC\pawan
Time Zone India Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 1.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 0.99 GB
Available Physical Memory 211 MB
Total Virtual Memory 1.99 GB
Available Virtual Memory 921 MB
Page File Space 1.00 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

A:What's the best and cheap video card for my computer?

I don't think that GPU will make any difference in your 'rig'

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-the-best-and-cheap-video-card-for-my-computer.207332/
Relevancy 18.06%

When I am playing a video with any browser it is very choppy (sound and video).
Even Window sounds are choppy. It seems like if I move the mouse it gets worse.

Computer is very slow to open programs, even though the system idle process
is at 99% before starting another progam. This happens even when no browser is open and the
anti-virus software is disabled.

I don't know is this is a software or hardware issue.

A:Computer very slow. Choppy video and audio playback from browsers

Post this here:
http://www.techspot.com/community/forums/virus-and-malware-removal.28/
See if they can help with this problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-very-slow-choppy-video-and-audio-playback-from-browsers.207159/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi Guys

I have a Dell latitude ES5500 which is a recon model
It works fine and on start up I hear the fan going. (so I don't think this is the problem)
All of the airways are clear.
When the laptop first arrived I could get 4-5 mins of video or game time before it shut off, it is now down to virtually straight away.
The laptop does not feel hot to touch either and when turned back on will perform any other function ie e mails word processing database and excel etc without a problem.
I can go on facebook and read post search the internet with no problems but as soon as I try to run a video or play a game it drops straight out.
I have to hold the button down to shut the laptop off and then it will restart with no bother.
This is fairly frustrating and I was wondering if anyone had any advice/ solutions to this?

A:Laptop keeps turning off when playing video's or games

It's worth installing HWMonitor or SpeedFan to check temperatures when you are playing video. My laptop fan doesn't kick in until the GPU temperature gets to 60c and it then drops rapidly to about 50c whereas your fan is working from start up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keeps-turning-off-when-playing-videos-or-games.207231/
Relevancy 18.49%

I need a computer that can handle video editing, mainly Final Cut Pro and Adobe Suite. Right now I have a 5-year-old MacBook Pro that can't manage FCP let alone run any programs smoothly and quickly. I can't afford a MacPro, so I've been considering iMacs. What's my cheapest option that will get the job done? I've heard you can buy PCs and install Mac OS. Would that be my best option? (Having PC capabilities would be awesome, for light gaming). I want to save money but I don't want to buy anything that isn't equipped to handle video editing well (cause then I'm just wasting money). I want to stick with Mac OS, but I don't care about the design or whatever, so I'd happily get a PC and put Mac on it, but I don't know how I would go about doing that. So if you have any suggestions or advice, please let me know! Thanks!!

A:Buying new computer/OS for video editing

What is your budget (how much can you spend) for this new computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-new-computer-os-for-video-editing.207058/
Relevancy 17.63%

I m trying to configure Surround Sound but Realtek doesn t seem to be installing and it s configuring speakers driver 5.1 Realtek Trouble Sound; issues Surround to driving me nuts I have installed the driver provided by Gigabyte for my motherboard Trouble configuring speakers to 5.1 Surround Sound; Realtek driver issues and it s not doing anything It installs asks me to restart the PC but nothing is Trouble configuring speakers to 5.1 Surround Sound; Realtek driver issues there OS is Windows -bit Gigabyte says that my motherboard supports both and Surround Sound so I don t understand why I can t configure my speakers to run it only lets me use Stereo Device manager only shows High Definition Audio Device and Control Panel doesn t show Realtek at all Realtek Audio Manager doesn t appear either it s not in the system tray icons where I would usually find it Even searching for Realtek brings up nothing other than all the drivers I have downloaded to see if they would work Link to motherboard s Realtek driver as provided by Gigabyte http www gigabyte com products product-page aspx pid dl Link to motherboard s specification http www gigabyte com products product-page aspx pid sp Image showing my device manager gt sound http gyazo com ad b bd e ae a Any ideas as to what the problem is I can t seem to find anything audio related in BIOS either nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-configuring-speakers-to-5-1-surround-sound-realtek-driver-issues.206888/
Relevancy 18.49%

So today out of nowhere, "well previouslly I installed game called "TERA" and after it this started but I unistalled it and it's still the same" when I listen to music, any sounds especially when sounds get louder, sound starts to cracklle, familiar to static but crackle, also when I play games, fps is lower now, it sometimes freezes, crackled when game appears to make sound and etc. Sometimes video card turns off and on bottom right it says "Nvidia bla bal bla has stoped working, reconnected bla bla" I have no idea what that is, I changed my Headphones to other ones, I checked temperature of both CPU and GPU, are both fine 30-50~ as it usually is. Unistalled game that it (might off coincidentally) ruin it but I doubt it was that.
I really need help, reinstalling windows and downloading all the stuff with slow internet again will be pain for me.
p.s I installed new drivers for video card too. PLEASE HELP

A:Sound crackle, game lag

Also this thing crashed out of nowhere too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-crackle-game-lag.205307/
Relevancy 18.92%

Here is the problem I just recently was given a laptop. I was told that it was hooked up to a tv with HDMI but, there was sound on the laptop. I am running Windows 7 Premium HP Pavilion g7-1318dx Notebook PC
Serial Number: 6CF2085XDS Product Number: A7A43UAR . I have no sound with just notebook speakers. I have went to the HP driver download site and tried to download the audio drivers. I receive a warning " The Hardware detected is not supported by this IDT software package. Install will now abort." There are 3 Audio downloads on the Hp website none work. The speaker Icon down by the clock with a red X on it when you do a mouse roll over it says no speakers or headphones are plugged in. I have tried headphones still no sound. I have also tried to the windows trouble shooter and it says it detects no problems. Play back devices is only showing Digital Audio (HDMI) High definition Audio device not plugged in. Recording says there are no audio devises are installed in. I have tried everything any help would be appreciated.

A:No sound no matter what

I think that you need an extra lead because HDMI gives picture only. The lead I have has a mini stereo jackplug at one end which goes into the computer's headphones socket and two phono plugs (white and yellow) at the other to plug into the TV's audio input at the back. You should then be able to work out how to set up the sound via Control Panel.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-no-matter-what.206720/
Relevancy 18.92%

Windows 7 64 bit
Ram 8 gig ddr3
CPU amd phenom quad 3.2 ghz phenom 2
3 tb 7200 rpm HD
Current GPU nvidia 275 GTX
Res 1080x1900
PSU 600 WATT

Whats the best video card I can get for around $200? I saw this card 20% off. I dont care about any game bundles just the best card for $200. I want it for gaming any and all games lol. But I currently play chivalry mideival warfare. I also am going to try out alien isolation and shadows of mordor.

USA

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202047

Can I get a list of video cards based on performance?

Heres another one, which is better?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133492

Upon looking at bench chart this one looks the best
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127789

P.S. I have a huge case

Or hell maybe spend 289$ or so? The 780 seems pretty good for around that price, double the cuda cores.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133525&cm_re=gtx_780-_-14-133-525-_-Product

A:Best video card for around $200

The R9 280 is going to be your best value for a $200 buck video card right now especially that version you have listed there.

It depends, you can always keep going up on value and seeing what is better in that area but it still comes down to what your willing to pay. If you are looking at that 780, why not instead get a GTX 970 because its cheaper and better depending on the variant you want.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-video-card-for-around-200.206078/
Relevancy 18.49%

I need help Okay so I hooked up all my parts last night with issue 560ti Crosshair and Video V Asus GPU to my ASUS Crosshair Formula V mobo and Video issue with Asus Crosshair V and 560ti GPU when I boot it will not show any video whatsoever No beeps no video no nothing I have a ti in there right now because I wanted to test it before my new came in that I ordered yesterday Video issue with Asus Crosshair V and 560ti GPU just wanted to see if the mobo was functional and all my other components were working Does anyone know why I would be getting no video I was thinking maybe I need to reset Video issue with Asus Crosshair V and 560ti GPU the CMOS Some people told me to check the BIOS but how do I do that if I have zero video on my screen Any help would be great as I am at wit s end with this stupid computer it has not run right since I moved and it is extremely frustrating putting all this time and money into this thing with no results I used to have a Corsair Liquid CPU cooler but the pump died and I finally got fed up with Liquid Coolers and went with a Noctua heat sink instead Going to do some more testing after work but was hoping to get some tips from you guys I have other ti s I can test to see if that card is just dead but it was like midnight and just decided to give up for the night last night Also My motherboard doesn t have an on-board video port I don t believe I see none at least My PC was up and running with drivers loaded for this exact card before it went down the computer has just been sitting there for months I am using the same hard drive only thing that has changed is the Noctua cpu cooler being in place of the now dead Corsair H All the fans are running the video card fan is running the psu fan is running so it seems like everything is getting power Any help would be greatly appreciated If you need more info please let me know nbsp

A:Video issue with Asus Crosshair V and 560ti GPU

Let's do this one step at a time, first no part of any computer lasts for ever. U said u had 2 other video cards, first, see if either one of them will work. If that does not work, it could be the slot in the mother board, try an other X16 slot. but honestly to me it sounds like the mother board is not working if u have a speaker plugged into it and assuming the speaker is working because normally there would be beeps if the motherboard is not sending a video signal.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-issue-with-asus-crosshair-v-and-560ti-gpu.206575/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hey guys, building a new PC, and I decided not to go too cheap with core components and leave the video card until later, while still getting everything in one go. Now this being the case, I will need to run non-dedicated graphics for a while (which are decent nowadays). Anyway, I want to go with the Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H Motherboard and an AMD A10-6800K Richland CPU,

Will the video outputs on the motherboard work with the APU and will I be able to use integrated video until I get a dedicated video card?

The Newegg page for the motherboard says "Integrated Video: None", so I am a little bit confused, is there no integrated video chipset because that's what the CPU is now being an APU?

A:AMD A10-6800K with what motherboard for integrated video?

I just built a home office build system for my parents using that exact board with an A4-6300 Richland in a Cooler Master HAF 912 (I really like this case for microATX boards). The board was great to work with and since the APU is on the chip itself my folks didn't need to purchase a video card.

So to answer your question: Yes you'll get your video.

* I would seriously consider getting an aftermarket cooler to replace the heatsink that comes with it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-a10-6800k-with-what-motherboard-for-integrated-video.205551/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello ,
I have a very strange problem with my sound card and Here is the details ....
My sound Card was working well the day before ...I was just recording from line in and running the audio recorded from line in and no problems occurred ...
Next Day I found that there is no sound and the speaker and the line in and microphone all not working and showing that they were "Not Plugged In"
I tried to reinstall the driver and I even tried to reinstall the windows But this was useless . I also installed the new driver but didn't work
the sound manager showing that they are working fine but ther are not plugged in
and the weird thing is that the optical port "which is part of the sound card " is working fine this means that the sound card isn't faulty or burnt out ??
this is the picture

please Help me .........
thanks in advance

A:Sound Card Weird Problem

Is it that you have selected Digital Audio (S/PDIF) as 'default'. so the speakers cannot be, at the same time.
Right click on 'Speakers' icon, is there an 'Enable' option?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-weird-problem.206014/
Relevancy 18.49%

My old computer is crapping out and yes I know I need a new one. But in the meantime, it is telling me I have no soundcard. I am attaching my dxdiag report... Please help...

A:Sound card not working

Go to device manager and check if there is a yellow exclamation mark in there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-not-working.204903/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have a sennheiser HD 202 and I am not able to hear any sound from the right side. I have to hold the cable in a position rhen it works. So what shall do now? Is there any chance of bringing it to normal state?

A:Sennheiser HD 202 sound not working

It's probably one of the wires inside the headphone lead has broken.
Does the same problem happen on all devices you plug the headphones into?
Or just one thing, say your PC for instance? (could it be a laptop headphone socket?)
If the problem is with all devices, ipods, pc's etc, then it's the headphone lead broken inside. If you can solder small wires and parts, you could change the lead yourself, but if the headphones are less than a year old you should return them under guarantee.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sennheiser-hd-202-sound-not-working.205645/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hello I have a touchsmart 300 and it has no sound from the speakers or headphone jack. I have tried the troubleshoot thing and it dont recognize anything wrong with them. please help. ive tried updating the driver and it says it is updated. so lost. thanks.

A:Touchsmart 300 no sound

Did your pc have working sound when new?
Check the volume level, it's easy to turn it right down or mute it.
Check if the speakers are selected by going to the speaker icon in tray near the current time.
Right click on speaker icon, choose 'playback devices'.
A new box appears, with a speaker and it should have a green tick over it.
Right click on the icon and choose the option 'test', you should hear audio tones.
If you don't have a green tick, right click on icon and choose 'enable'.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/touchsmart-300-no-sound.205628/
Relevancy 18.92%

I am thinking about purchasing this motherboard,
http://www.microcenter.com/product/422559/FM2A88X_Extreme6_FM2-FM2_A88X_ATX_AMD_Motherboard

But I am not sure how to tell if a video card is compatible.

Here is the card I want,
http://www.microcenter.com/product/...adeon_R7-260X_2GB_GDDR5_PCIe_30x26_Video_Card

I realize the PCIe 3.0 will fit to the motherboard, but I do not know if it will be compatible.

I do not understand the difference betweeen DDR3, DDR5 and GDDR5.

Thanks for help!

A:What video cards will support this?

Yes, those two items will be compatible with each other.

DDR3 & DDR5 are VRAM types and GDDR5 is a motherboard RAM identification.

For the future, you can go >>here<< and all your parts to see if there will be any issues with compatibility.

But keep in mind that there can be other compatibility issues such as the graphics card being too long to fit in the case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-video-cards-will-support-this.204230/
Relevancy 18.92%

As weird as this sounds, I was recording a video of the Blue Angels practicing using my smart phone & recording it by holding my smartphone "still" focused on my tower monitor. Once it was over, I clicked the video button to stop recording but it kept recording. I pushed it a few more times but it kept recording so I pushed the button to go to the desktop & it went to the desktop. After that I tried a few times to play it but it won't.
I saved it to My Documents & tried playing it there but it still won't.
I have recorded other videos same way & they've played fine. Any ideas? I even tried to change the properties from .MOV to VLC but still nothing I don't know if I can upload it here, but will try if need be.

A:Video won't play

This is absolutely insane. Why can I see the video on the flashdrive & in the foldrer(s) its in, but when I try to upload it here, its invisible? Yes, invisible.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-wont-play.204223/
Relevancy 18.92%

AS I mentioned in this thread ,
why is it I can see the .MOV video on the flashdrive by going directly to it on the flashdrive but when I try to upload it in here, it is simply not there , its invisible. I tried to upload a video but couldn't find it & yes, I was looking in the correct location. Confused & puzzled.

A:Video mystery

Because .MOVs are not supported it will not show up in the browse file window. To get around this use a program such as WinRAR (or something similar) to zip up the file and upload the .zip file.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-mystery.204242/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hey all! I've been facing this problem for quite a long time even after upgrading my RAM. The problem is that on specific sites like Facebook, Dailymotion, etc, the audio playback is quite fine but the video playback is slow, laggy, choppy etc. Is it my computer's problem? Well, my graphics is quite low. By quite low, I mean only 32MB. I don't face this problem on Youtube and players like JW players(I guess) which is used in some sites.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.
Amal

A:Slow video playback on specific sites

Yeah it's probably you GPU, try viewing the videos in lower quality.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-video-playback-on-specific-sites.203738/
Relevancy 18.92%

My PC stops producing sound after 15 minutes or so when I turn it on I tried refreshing it but still no good.It is a sony Vaio windous 8

A:My PC Sound

It may be an issue with either the hardware or the drivers. Let's try updating the driver first. Can you take a screenshot of what is under the "Sound, video, and game controller" section in the device manager? You can access the device manager by going to the start menu and searching for "Device Manager".

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-pc-sound.204086/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello I am new but methods laptop to all it No known and sound fix fail on I find this community to be very informative and friendly so I decided to give it a go I tried several other forums they all fail to find a solution No sound on laptop and all known methods fail to fix it to my problem First off let me fill you in on what the situation is I bought a new HDD for my laptop because the last one got corrupted and I had to change it So I got the new one It was completely fresh out of the shop so I went and installed windows ultimate x and everything was great until my sound mysteriously dissappeared I didn t panic and I went and installed some proper drivers like I always do when this happens I got them from my laptop s brand site and it was the exact match for my sound device so I am sure my drivers are correct And it fixed it for like minutes and then it went off again I restarted the laptop - sound got back - minutes later boom no sound again A restart fixed and so on and so on Basicly a restart fixes it but it is unbearable to have to restart your laptop every minutes I tried restarting the audio service from the quot services msc quot that worked too for like minutes and with every next restart it worked less and less efficient when it got to the point that when I restart the service the audio dissappears again in a few seconds So far I tried basicly anything and nothing worked The thing that bothers me is that a restart service restart fixes it Why is that That makes me think it is not a hardware problem and it is something to do with the software Oh yeah and I considered the OS to be a corrupted install But it s not I tried putting on a new one and it s the same thing And the audio ports are fine too The default sound device is correct too and I even see the green bar going up and down when playing music but I just don t hear any sound That s it I think but I may be leaving some other method I tried out so please tell me your opinions Thank you in advance and have a nice day P S System restore does not work since this started from the very first log in the OS There is nothing I can restore back to And even if I did it would stop minutes after that so nbsp

A:No sound on laptop and all known methods fail to fix it

Go into the properties for the audio service.

Make sure it's set to automatic startup.
Go to 'Recovery' tab. Set the drop-downs to 'Restart the Service'.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-on-laptop-and-all-known-methods-fail-to-fix-it.203859/
Relevancy 18.49%

Recently sound has not been coming through my speakers, so I tried to plug in headphones and headset but no further luck. I then went into control panel then sound and check the settings on my playback and nothing was touched or muted etc. I then went to the Speakers and Headphones in sound right clicked and pressed test and it said "The device is being used by another application. Please close any devices that are playing through this device." but no other applications that I could find that would be using it. My prediction is that having no internet protection for a while and downloading off the internet has caused a virus to cause my audio to become mute, if this is so how would I be able to find this application causing it. AVG isnt picking it up.

A:No sound caused by a Virus/Program?

Broni, from the Virus and Malware Removal forum doesn't think it is malware related.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-caused-by-a-virus-program.203961/
Relevancy 18.49%

Just recently, my laptop suddenly became mute. This occurred while I was watching a video. My laptop put itself to hibernation or something, because it was running out of battery life. After I recontinued my session, I had no sound at all. I've tried several attempts to fix this, but to no avail. When I plug in my earphones and try to hear from them, they work perfectly fine, but when I unplug them, everything becomes mute.

If anyone can, please help.
I have a Toshiba Satellite A505-S6005 with Windows 7 64-bit.

P.S.
Attached to this post is a summary generated by CPUID PC-Wizard.

A:No sound coming from my laptop

Hi Sunaru,

With your headphones unplugged, does your volume meter in the tray icon area (bottom right) indicate volume at a reasonable level? Sounds like the drivers are working OK, might be something simple hopefully.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-coming-from-my-laptop.189213/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi,

I have recently built a desktop computer, that had minor issues that I had eventually worked around or found a solution to. This issue is an exception. When I first used my computer, everything was fine with sound, until I found that my graphics card was not inserted correctly, and I was running with terrible resolution. After fixing this issue, I had no sound. This was about 10 months ago. On and off throughout this period I began to try and fix this issue, by disconnected and uninstalling my GPU. I launched skype and trying calling someone, but it alerted me that my sound card was missing. I know this is not true, so I have 3 main theories: 1. The sound card was fried (not likely). 2. My graphics card audio overrode the onboard audio, 3. The two (GPU and sound card) were operating on the same frequency. As I have said before, I had sound before I re-installed my graphics card, so I would either appreciate a solution to switch back to onboard audio, or a way to use both somehow.
Specs: Motherboard: ASUS P8z77
Graphics Card: Nvida Ge Force 670
Processor: Intel i7 core.

A:Cannot use speakers/headphones: Sound card is missing?

Please respond, this issue has been pressing me for almost a year, and I would really like it to be resolved.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-use-speakers-headphones-sound-card-is-missing.203668/
Relevancy 18.49%

The video is 1 min and 14 sec, yet only the couple first seconds is enough to understand the problem. what could be the problem for?

as you can see, half of the screen display colors correctly, the other half, the colors and texts and smudged, they are there but smudged and not applicable to read or view

A:LG G2 IPS display weird problem - video for explanation

Can you still RMA it, or did you do something that is not covered by the warranty?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lg-g2-ips-display-weird-problem-video-for-explanation.203474/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hi, whenever I play movies on Blu Ray or DVD, from my PS3, the levels are always off to me. The effects and music are always really loud while the dialogue is very quiet. I find myself having to turn it way up during scenes with a lot of talking then having to dive for the mute button when any action scenes come up before my neighbours bang on the door.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue only by going through the settings ??

A:Low sound quality

What is the sound coming out of? If it's anything short of a 3-channel system (Left, right, centre) then you're gonna have a hard time hearing the talking on any movie. It's just how the *****s mix the audio, unfortunately.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/low-sound-quality.203672/
Relevancy 18.92%

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: GA-MA790XT-UD4P
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM (ddr3)
Video card nvidia 275 gtx
PSU 600 watt
1920x1080 res
pc I e slot x16 (not the super new one)

So yeah I am thinking about getting a better video card for 200$ or less or more, less would be much better. I can sell my old card on ebay for around 70$. How much better would a new card be etc, suggestions? AMAZING deals ?

A:Considering buying a new video card $200

Since your in America, I can suggest to you a good deal I keep seeing floating around.

MSI Gaming R9 280

That would be a 1080p beast for that money and it comes with 3 free games, its one of the higher overclocked models as well of the R9 280.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/considering-buying-a-new-video-card-200.203519/
Relevancy 18.92%

So I built a PC, and while playing some games, mainly action games like crysis, saints row 4, bioshock infinite and far cry 3, after about five minutes of game play the screen will stutter, then the audio will keep playing over a black screen. It doesn't happen in other games like Xcom or starcraft, and I really want to fix this issue so any advise is more than welcome.

Specs: Z87 Asus Pro Motherboard
GTX 760 GPU
Corsiar 850 watt powe
r 2X 4 gig sticks of Coarsiar ram
black caviar western digital hard drive
124 gig samsung SSD

A:Games are losing video

(I don't own any of the games you mentioned.)

for troubleshooting purposes:
1. since this is an NVidia card, try to update driver package to 337.88 (or latest).
do normal installation of NVidia driver pack or clean installation if you want it.
GeForce experience (part of NVidia driver pack) can also download automatically any game profile for supported games.

2. launch one game at a time and select lower resolution, less game details. if the problem disappears, then the game details is set too high that the video card cannot cope up. if the problem is still there, then troubleshooting continues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/games-are-losing-video.203446/
Relevancy 18.92%

Actually I am short of budget !!!!
kindly suggest me video cards from the links and anyother best card in the range of U.S 100$
http://www.gigabyte.ru/products/page/vga/gv-n640oc-2gi/
http://www.hisdigital.com/un/product2-763.shtml
http://www.hisdigital.com/un/product2-765.shtml
http://inno3d.com/product/gtx650_green.html
http://www.gigabyte.pk/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4673#ov

plzz suggest me

A:I want to buy video card

EVGA 01G-P4-2751-KR GeForce GTX 750 1GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Video Card 109.99$, 99.99$ after 10$ rebate, newegg price

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-want-to-buy-video-card.203286/
Relevancy 18.92%

When I connect my headset to the front it I receive msg. that I connect mic, and I'm sure that I connect it in the right way,when I connect it in the green one in the back it says that I connected it in the orange ! I had this problems after bios update!

A:Sound problem

Verify that you used the correct bios update. You could have accidentally installed a bios meant for a similar model computer that just happens to mostly work for yours. If that is not the case, you could always try to revert back to an older bios to see if that fixes the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-problem.203264/
Relevancy 21.5%

Please help me with my prob.my laptop seems fine when im using it without internet.but when I open my browsers after a few seconds it will freeze so I have to restart my laptop again.I dont know what seems to be the problem.

A:My laptop freezes when i try using internet

Does it happen to all browsers (e.g IE, Chrome, Firefox, Palemoon)?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-freezes-when-i-try-using-internet.202817/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have a HDTV consisting of a GA-P55A-UD7 and an Intel I7 processor and W7x64. It is hooked up to a Panasonic P50V10 plasma TV via HDMI. Over the last several months, I have gone through THREE video cards. The last one lasted only three days. I doubt my luck can be that bad regarding video cards so it must be something else. I have never heard of a monitor blowing video cards via an HDMI interface but anything is possible I guess. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/repeated-video-card-failure.202803/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hey guys Just got my new Sound Blaster Everything phenomenal Blaster sounds videos Youtube Sound Z: except Z in the mail this morning After some research I found that I Sound Blaster Z: Everything sounds phenomenal except Youtube videos should set Windows Sound settings to Speakers non-full range in order to best utilize the SB drivers I use a pair of Razer Carcharias stereo headset I don Sound Blaster Z: Everything sounds phenomenal except Youtube videos t have speakers Supposedly by doing this and turning on SBX Surround I ll get simulated surround in games and listen to stereo music just fine simply by turning off SBX Surround when doing so Well games sound great with simulated surround FLACs stored on my computer sound great and crisp no matter what Windows is set to Stereo or BUT Youtube videos sound awful In order to get Youtube videos to sound good I need to go into Windows CP and set the sound options to Stereo Speakers Once I do it goes back to sounding great again It should be noted that I only use Youtube for music As unlikely as it may sound YT is an amazing resource for classical music You can find a lot of performances by different conductors orchestras or soloists if a solo piece and Sound Blaster Z: Everything sounds phenomenal except Youtube videos you can create your own playlists It s kind of a big deal to me Everything else about the card is amazing Windows x Latest Firefox Latest Creative drivers Jan as of this post Problem The sound loses clarity it becomes muddy and the bass is way over the top If I crank the volume too high the sound becomes distorted Not pleasant at all This doesn t happen in the slightest with music stored on my hard drive only YT nbsp

A:Sound Blaster Z: Everything sounds phenomenal except Youtube videos

Hey Coxis,

The behavior that you explained can be fixed if you set the adobe flash player to 'follow' your soundcard settings. If you're on 64-bit windows, go to:
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\

Open MMS.CFG and add this line:

UseWAVPlayer=1

Worked perfectly for my 5.1 setup. Youtube audio was previously stuck on its own upmix (a.k.a simulated surround) settings and ignored my soundcard settings.

Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-blaster-z-everything-sounds-phenomenal-except-youtube-videos.202558/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi all. I just bought a graphics card that needs 350 watts and +12v with 20 amps to run. My power supply has to following output:

+5V 22A MAx -12V 1A max
+5V (FP) 2A Max +3.3V 17A max
+12VA 18A max +12VB 18A max

combined power on +12VA and +12VB rails must not exceed 360 watts

Total combined power must not exceed 375 watts

Can it run the card?
Thanks all.

A:Can my power supply run my new video card?

Hi, could you please post a little more detail.
Instead of saying graphics card, it would help if you said the actual graphics card.
Instead of power supply, you could say what power supply you have.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-my-power-supply-run-my-new-video-card.202504/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello,
As the topic says, my computer doesn't detect my on-board sound card. It all started when I tried to install new audio drivers from manufacturers page, but the next day when I booted PC up there were no sound. In Device Manager, under Sounds, game,.. controllers tab sit 4-5 High Definition Audio Devices. Here's pic:

Then tried re-installing original audio drivers from motherboard CD, enabling/disabling On-Board HD Audio in BIOS but still no luck.

My Audio Device is VIA VT1705.
DxDiag shows that no sound card was found.

This is what is shown in Playback Devices tab:

But I have no HDMI kind audio devices..

How to make my system recognize my sound card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/on-board-sound-card-is-not-recognized.202272/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi everyone,
I've bought a Sound Blaster Recon 3D a year ago.
It works awsome ! But this morning it was off the light and cannot work while plug in any computers.
I am very bored and nervous, I think it was broken down and cannot work anymore.
Am I right ?
Please say NO and help me
Thank you very much.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-sound-blaster-wirless-doesnt-work.202270/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hello guys.Im new around here.I have a problem.I was having a problem with my computer,saying I have no video input.Somebody came to my place,and unplugging a little fan.But the computer was working fine,with exception that was heating very fast and temperature of CPU was 70-80.I opened one side of case and was fine.Today I was cleaning pc and I connected back that fan and unplug it fast.After I did that,monitor was saying no video input.

I really dont want to call back to the service cause I was there 3 times and they are not serious.I just wanna make it fast and clean.

Thanks for the attention and sorry for my english!

A:No video input

Unless somebody else says differently, I'd plug that fan back in & try it. If it works, fine, if not,post back. Either way, don't let that "friend" touch your pc again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-video-input.202173/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello My sound chip on my board was blew for no reason bad thing only being a month old bored and I am not waiting days to rma it and for me to get it back anyway I managed to pick up a old sound card not sure on the model Motherboard? Work. Not Maybe Did Sound Card that worked fine for three days then stopped outputing audio so I bought a sound card intex cmi that did not have the bit wndows dirvers and everytime I turned the computer off the machine would not detect the card I then I have to press the reset button or turn the system a few times to get the card to be recognized again and I could not also find the drivers for the OS Sound Card Did Not Work. Maybe Motherboard? I checked at the back of the cards box and it says bit pci bus master What does the mean could that be that the card was not compatible for the stystem or could it be the motherboard I tried a nvidia video card in the Sound Card Did Not Work. Maybe Motherboard? PCI-E slot and the card works fine with no faults The sound card was using the PCI slot and I tried every PCI slot My Motherboard asrock fm a x extreme Thanks nbsp

A:Sound Card Did Not Work. Maybe Motherboard?

I tested in a very old card from 2001 or 2004 something like that and it appears there's power going through the card so that's the plus.
Maybe it's because I'm using old crap and the sound card model is old?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-did-not-work-maybe-motherboard.202240/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi, my relatively new "HP ENVY TouchSmart m7 Notebook PC" has been having crippling lag while playing video games. The lag slows the computer down to about 0.2-0.5 frames per second, and slows the audio down to match the video speed (which produces a grinding sound). This lag happens every 10-45 seconds depending on how long the computer has been running. Some help would be appreciated.

A:Grinding audio/video lag during video games (CPU related?)

What antivirus program are you using? Is the notebook fully updated using Windows Update? Are you running Windows 8.1?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/grinding-audio-video-lag-during-video-games-cpu-related.201939/
Relevancy 18.49%

Is my motherboard compatible with and does it have enough power watts it compatible my Card have power new to & enough with run Is mob Video to run new video card My specs More details about my computer Component Details Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Memory RAM GB Graphics Intel R HD Graphics Gaming graphics MB Total available graphics memory Primary hard disk GB Free GB Total Windows Home Premium System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd Model H M-UD H Total amount of system memory GB RAM System type -bit operating system Number Is my mob compatible with new Video Card & have enough power to run it of processor cores Storage Total size of hard disk s GB Disk partition C GB Free GB Total Media drive D CD DVD Graphics Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce LE Total available graphics memory MB Dedicated graphics memory MB Dedicated system memory MB Shared system memory MB Display adapter driver version Secondary monitor resolution x Primary monitor resolution x DirectX version DirectX Video Card Information Network Realtek RTL D D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS New Video card info Nvidia G-Force Video Px Video card UPC- Mb PCIExpress X Dual Monitor Support My power supply is watts and on my motherboard now there is only sticks of GB ram Patriot Viper Extreme and nothing else in any of the expansion slots I looked online but cannot get a straight answer Can my motherboard run this card with no issues Thanks I am shine nbsp

A:Is my mob compatible with new Video Card & have enough power to run it

No one can say if it will run with no issues, just because there could be any number of complications that could pop up. If you asking will it work with your current system, then yes it will run on your current system with the PSU. I would advise that you uninstall the video drivers (and software) for the current card, changing out to the new card. This will create less of a head ache for you in the end.
I would also suggest trying to find another 2GB ram stick because your motherboard is a Dual Channel motherboard and the computer will run better if you have 4 sticks of ram instead of 3. Its not going to hurt your computer by having 3 sticks of ram versus 4, but you will get better overall performance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-mob-compatible-with-new-video-card-have-enough-power-to-run-it.202004/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hello, everybody. Sorry if this is the wrong category.

I've got a relatively new HP Envy 4-1035TX Ultrabook Laptop and I've had this problem lately: while playing a YouTube video or a song from my iTunes library, it keeps slurring and crackling. The problem is very sporadic: sometimes it will not slur at all, but other times it will once every 10 seconds. Playing a video in BS Player works perfectly fine, though.

Thanks in advance.

A:Audio and Video slur

What version of Windows are you running? Is Windows fully updated using Windows Update until there are no more updates are found?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-and-video-slur.192909/
Relevancy 18.49%

I recently bought a Dell Precision T and man it is a workhorse compared to what I have been using It has two quad core GHz processors and currently MB of RAM which I intend to upgrade to MB It has two separate GB hard drives and is running Windows Ultimate The only problem is that the display doesn t seem to be anywhere as good as my old computer is and I just bought a cheap no name Is Card Issues- outdated-What Video mine to get GB DDR card for it My new Dell has a nvidia quadro fx SD which I think has only MB of ram and the only thing it has going for it is that it has dual DVI connections for dual monitors only up to quot I thought with all the video cards out today that I could find something reasonable to replace this with and still have the option of dual monitors but I would prefer not to be limited to only quot Video Card Issues- Is mine outdated-What to get monitors I think this video card is just too old but I need advice because anyone at a store would just try to sell me one of the most expensive ones that I cannot really afford I have plenty of room for video cards and can even Video Card Issues- Is mine outdated-What to get run a dual space taking one of either type slot Please help advise me You can even look up the specs on my computer from the info above It has an watt power supply so I know that is not a problem As a matter of fact I wanted to also look into some more cooling options to keep it cool The case is quot high and quot deep and quot wide It is a monster to me but that is what I wanted I wanted one I could upgrade the way I want to I get mixed up on the card slot names but I know it has of the dual X Gen Graphic Slots I think those are the long ones with the little blue catch at the end to help hold the card and it has about or more other slots Only one of the X is being used by the old card which I plan to replace and the other slots are empty As always Thanks a million for the advice and help you guys give on here I hope someone has a decent solution for me The only reason I didn t want to be limited to a quot inch monitor is because I watch a lot of streaming video on the internet and I thought I would get one of those large quot or quot televisions to use but if I can t it s cool just explain it to me if you can please Thanks again for any responses nbsp

A:Video Card Issues- Is mine outdated-What to get

The size of a monitor does not matter to a video card, you can hook up a 60inch TV and it wont make a difference in performance to the machine over a similarly specked 30inch. What matters is the resolution, the higher you go (720->1080->1600->etc) the more demanding it is on your video card. Now in your case that Quadro card is Extremely Low end in this day and age which means its probably struggling to do anything even at 720p resolution. Now while this is a workstation machine, im inclined to ask what else you maybe doing besides watching/streaming HD content. If that is all you want to do, my suggestion would be to grab one of these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121800

Its and AMD R7 250, it has a DVI, HDMI, and a VGA on it so you can hook up 2 monitors (I would suggest 1 HDMI and 1 DVI) and it will keep up with your needs just fine. If you intend to do more with your machine than that or want a video card a little bit higher up for possible other tasks, try grabbing one of these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150688

Its an AMD R7 260X which is a significant step up for 50 more dollars. But it contains display port and more outputs in general so you can hook up lots of different monitors (Up to 6) on it.

Just my two cents, if you really want a workstation card like a quadro or firepro, let us know what your using it for so we can find a good one for you instead.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-issues-is-mine-outdated-what-to-get.199076/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi. I am looking for a new PC/Laptop mainly for audio editing and some amateur video editing. I have read around the web and found a few things I probably want in on my computer:

Firewire or IEEE 1394 input,
An SSD hard-drive or atleast an 7200rpm hard drive
A half-decent video card for video editing
A decent sized RAM (atleast 8 gb I think)
Processor which isnt a slug probably

I was looking at a refurbished Mac Mini for £579. (http://store.apple.com/uk/product/FD388B/A)
It has some good reviews online and since Im not too experienced with computers an Apple product would probably give me less headaches. The Intel HD 4000 isnt too good though, which might be a problem for video editing. The hard drive isn't fast either, but I read, that that can be replaced.
Any comments on this? Maybe I should build my own PC or buy a laptop, could you give me some suggestions as well? My budget is about £600-700.
Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-on-a-new-rig-for-audio-video-editing.201081/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hi,

I bought a CPU last week and before we buy, ofcourse we tried and it worked fine. when I attached it to my monitor, it says "no video input". after removing and attaching again the VGA cable, it worked, but after few minutes of using, it returned to "no video input" again.. I tried to remove wires and connect to the outlet (since I used AVR) it worked again. So I thought it was my AVR was damaged. But after buying another AVR, it returned to "no video input" again, I tried to use my old AVR but nothing happened.. I tried to buy another VGA cable but nothing happened.. I tried to use my old CPU but again, nothing happened..

I dont know if its because of my monitor because we haven't use it for almost 5 mos. and it worked properly before and why is it, it worked fine for 15 mins. (after using with my new CPU) and then .. after few mins. again.. it says "no video input"

Pleasse help me.. thanks and God bless!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-video-input.201018/
Relevancy 18.06%

Just bought thermal take challenger ultimate keyboard and having a problem when when I plugin the keyboard it override the windows sound and goes off, tried with 2 pcs win 7 and win 8 same thing no sound
want a solution

A:Thermaltake Challenger Ultimate overrides Windows' sound

Got the same problem..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/thermaltake-challenger-ultimate-overrides-windows-sound.185346/
Relevancy 18.92%

I've been having issues with getting a descent/loud sound from my microphone. The audio is at 100% and microphone boost is at 20db. Still really low.

Not sure if it has anything to do with my soundcard. The sound works fine if I have the mic in my mouth, except I don't want to have it in my mouth whenever I need to speak. (skype etc) Any solutions?

A:Really low mic sound

Has this mic worked better in the past or has it always sounded low? I assume you want to use your motherboard's built-in Realtek audio chip for the mic, so make sure that Realtek is the default device for playback and recording in Control Panel/Sound, and check all settings there and in Realtek control panel. Also get the latest driver for your Realtek ALC xxx. The driver may have been replaced by a generic Windows driver - check for driver author and version in Device Manager.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/really-low-mic-sound.200698/
Relevancy 18.92%

I bought steelseries siberia v2 non USB and when I got them they haven't been working. Microphone or sound. They do work on my ipod at least! I'm running windows 8. When I first plug them in, my computer doesn't recognize them. To at least get SOMETHING to recognize, I have to go into my realtek audio driver control panel, and CHECK [disable front jack detection]. After I check that, my computer recognizes a (SPEAKERS) and (MICROPHONE) from realtek, both of which play nothing. I have tried reinstalling drivers, reverting drivers, new drivers, I have tried plugging into different jacks, I have tried making it my default device, I have tried everything I can think of. Can you help me

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-headset-no-sound.200626/
Relevancy 18.92%

I recently built a new system but kept look but new Same video very card, different monitor, the same monitor I m using an Acer quot LED widescreen monitor forgot the exact model number - let me know if it matters and I ll find it The old video card was a GeForce GS The new card is a Geforce GT The view angle did not change The monitor settings did not change I m using the same version of Windows XP Pro SP with the same display settings and monitor drivers The NVIDIA control panel is the same version and I set it Same monitor, new video card, but very different look to match the old one most settings were default just a contrast brightness tweak Same monitor, new video card, but very different look or two But with the new system card the greys in Windows all bleed together the display looks washed out and when I adjust gamma and brightness contrast to fix these problems there is too much contrast in darker colored areas and the hue seems off I do a lot of graphics and video work and have projects in progress it s very important that I m not second guessing my work due to a display that doesn t match the one I used to use Any ideas why this is Any suggestions on how to fix it I d prefer to find a fix that doesn t involve lots of settings tweaking as I ve already tried this and failed and because I don t want to second guess my settings for the life of this system nbsp

A:Same monitor, new video card, but very different look

It's possible that a BIOS setting was changed when you upgraded, so make sure you're still set to PEG or PCIe graphics, and set the bus speed to the right generation (PCIe 2.0 in your case), disable multi-monitor, etc. Anyway that's a long shot, the real problem may be that you got a bad video card. If possible, try it in another system and see if the problem persists.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/same-monitor-new-video-card-but-very-different-look.200583/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hey Guys...

So my Packard Bell Easy Note MX37-S-200 has suddenly started making persistent " Crackling " and " Popping" noises from the moment I boot it. The noise is coming from the speakers and the sound is now distorted. I have very recently got it back from the repair shop after having my AC jack replaced... I would really like to rule everything out before I start pointing fingers at the repair guy

Things I have tried - Disabling sound driver - Noise was still there and laptop just installed it again.

Running avast scan through it - Scan picked up nothing.

Played with the sound setting - Nothing changed noise still there.

Plugged in PC speakers - Noise still coming from laptop but sound came out of the speakers fine.

I have noticed also that when the laptop first starts up the noise is louder and more spaced out. I'm wondering maybe whether it is the fan? But I don't no why the noise would be coming from the speakers.

Would really appreciate any help
Thank you

A:Crackling noise coming from laptop speakers + sound distorted

My guess is that based on the information provided that the wires for the speakers have either been damaged or crossed in some way where they are touching something they shouldn't causing distortion. My advice would be to take it back and tell them whats going on and make sure to have them fix it for free if they opened it and caused this problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crackling-noise-coming-from-laptop-speakers-sound-distorted.200500/
Relevancy 18.49%

I just installed a GTX 760 into my computer which previously had an AMD card. After I installed the card, my Realtek HD Audio Manager decided to stop working.

When I plug audio devices in, it no longer has a window pop up alerting me that I've plugged something in. After opening Realtek HD I saw that nothing plugged in was being detected, except for DIGITAL. Picture below is what I see.

In Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Sound, it says nothing is plugged in in both Playback and Recording except Realtek Digital Output. I can't set anything as default because it is greyed out.

I've tried restarting, reinstalling the drivers(via Device Manager), a system restore to when it was working, nothing has worked so far.
I'm running Windows 7.

Wondering what is wrong? Sound was working fine before I installed the card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hd-realtek-not-detecting-anything-plugged-in-no-sound.200364/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello I have been experiencing with Video 7870 Win7 in Stuttering 64 an ongoing issue with video stuttering when using vsync and screen tearing when not of course in certain games Here are my specs Desktop PC OS Win -bit Intel Core i Ghz Motherboard ASRock Z Extreme GSkill Ripjaws GB DDR RAM AMD Radeon HD GB driver CCC -display setup monitors Video Stuttering with 7870 in Win7 64 x x Video Stuttering with 7870 in Win7 64 and one TV Video Stuttering with 7870 in Win7 64 at x HD Samsung SSD PRO GB HD OCZ Agility SSD GB HD Seagate HDD TB HD WD HDD GB This issue is present throughout all games and videos to varying degrees It becomes apparent when any smooth movement is supposed to occur such as camera panning or forward movement in fps games for example In certain games it is barely noticeable such as Borderlands however games Trine or Dead Island are virtually unplayable due to the amount of stutter when moving In other games I experience tearing unless forcing vsync with triple buffering with D D overrider I have tried changing the vsync settings in the individual games as well with no change I have tried a number of solutions recommended from various boards such as reinstalling installing older drivers I am using an ATI radeon HD and have downloaded and removed installed just about every driver version I could get my hands on I have also been lucky enough to have access to a great deal of spare parts As such I have swapped the following components with known-good ones with no result - Power supply - CPU - Motherboard - Hard drive SSD - full reformat as well The previous graphics card a also experienced the exact same problems initially I replaced this card in an attempt to solve the stutter issue but it remained exactly the same I have run memtest and had no errors I have run certain problem games off of a different hard drive and on different monitors of my setup and produced the same result Computer has been fully scanned cleaned of malware etc Running Malwarebytes CCleaner and MSE I m at the end of my rope here Not sure what else to do Seems like this is a tricky issue none of the solutions I have found while searching has worked but I m hoping I missed something crucial Any help suggestions would be appreciated If you need any more information please let me know Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Video Stuttering with 7870 in Win7 64

In-game Vsync sucks for many games, the problem being some games tend to be biased towards one company and that causes the other company Graphics card to run poorly in it.

Try downloading Radeon Pro, its a custom tool that helps for games like that on AMD cards that run into issues with Vsync. Once installed, all you do is add the games your having problems with, go to the options surrounding the games sync, and set it to use dynamic Vsync with the refresh rate of your monitor (You can also add your monitors refresh in).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-stuttering-with-7870-in-win7-64.199248/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have owned this computer for several years now and I have found one critical card video FX Gateway 6831-03 error it has After I Gateway FX 6831-03 video card paid for a year warranty Gateway FX 6831-03 video card just a few weeks later the video card overheated I thought this was because of the long days of gaming but I started noticing that it occurred regularly after that point about one every two months then each month and the time frame kept getting shorter until today which now I Gateway FX 6831-03 video card cannot get the video card on for any length of time I would like advise from anyone who has the knowledge how can I fix the video card best at a low cost as I am now in college paying rent and such Is it better to replace the video card or is it better to get it fixed somewhere else Would it be better to buy a new computer and move all my personal files to that computer and if so which computer is best Also is it possible to change to an nVidia Graphic card even though my computer came with an ATI Radeon originally Any advice would be much appreciated as I need this computer for both college and for my gaming and video editing past time Thank you -Emerald Mercy Moderator note Moved from this thread - http www techspot com community t -desktop-pc-review page- post- nbsp

A:Gateway FX 6831-03 video card

How often do you clean out the PC? It could be time to blow the dust out.

Have the fans been checked, to make sure they are still functioning properly?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-fx-6831-03-video-card.199388/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have a SONY Handycam that uses MP120 8mm Video Cassettes. I used this Handycam to tape home videos. When I use the playback feature on the Handycam it seems as if it is playing back in a slower speed. When I connect the Handycam to my computer and play back, it does the same thing. It is as if the camera was recording at a wrong speed. Is there any way I can control the speed of the video camera via computer, so that I can get the home videos transferred to DVD?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/8mm-home-video-playback-wrong-speed.199460/
Relevancy 18.92%

I am considering the following Dell computer to be used primarily for video editing/rendering
Processor 4th Generation Intel® Core? i7-4770 processor (8M Cache, up to 3.9 GHz)
Operating SystemWindows® 7 Professional, 64Bit, English
Memory216GB3 Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz
Hard Drive2TB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive + Intel® SRT 32GB SSD Cache
Video CardNVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 650 Ti 1.0GB GDDR5
Comments? Applicability?

A:Considering video edit/render PC

Looks okay. That GPU is compatible with Adobe Premiere Pro mercury playback engine.

I'd build my own rig if this is for a personal purchase.

If it's for corporate, I guess you're with Dell for a reason. Increase the GPU to a GTX 660, or a 2GB model if you can.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/considering-video-edit-render-pc.199385/
Relevancy 18.49%

So, I recently decided I was going to upgrade my video card. Mostly because I have noticed a huge difference between my friends Skyrim game quality than my own. I am thinking of getting this card...​
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/pny-gef...card/1375028.p?id=1219050752787&skuId=1375028​
My system specs are pretty much the same as when I bought it.
Its a HP pavilion a6319fh PC. Everything is the same with the exception of my graphics card and power supply. My current graphics card is the ATI Radeon 4600 series. ​
My big questions are:
Will this card work with my machine?
Will this card run Skyrim on Ultra settings in vanilla?
Will this card be able to support possible heavy scripting and modding?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for any help

A:Video Card Upgrade Advice

Sure but a 500W power supply is recommended for a GTX 760. You may need to check the size of your power supply, as it is likely to need upgrading before replacing the GPU.

This is what to expect for Skyrim on a GTX 760. - GeForce GTX 760 2GB - Skyrim Performance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-upgrade-advice.199391/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello for some time now been a few months now didn t really notice it at first I ve been experiencing weird horizontal artifacts in video playback They are computer-based as I can show you by pasting a screenshot They move and jitter during playback I also notice these artifacts even as I type to you with and Video HD errors 6800 artifacts Radeon now whenever I type I see the artifacts blinking on and off and they might stay on off I tried updating all my codecs and my GFX driver but that caused more problems as now a game I tried to play Orcs must Die had a weird horizontal crossbar going up the menu screen and other such weird behaviour This was not present in my former drivers so now I m thinking of a rollback or alternative drivers Omega Might be something to do with my ancient overheated and now dusty with age CPU that s probably suffered from overclocking over the years E but it also might be my relatively old GPU However I didn t have these problems during the first half of last year that much I know I m running Win bit with gb of ram Any advice beyond finally going ahead and changing the MB CPU and VGA Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-artifacts-and-errors-with-radeon-hd-6800.199030/
Relevancy 18.92%

Acer travelmate Model BY Operating system Windows XP wth servicepack Hi After being reinstalled windows xp the sound of my laptop has been disabled The icon of sound in the right bottom of the screen has been gone And now I got different sound errors sometimes when I go to - start all programs accessries entertainment volume control and then disabled is Sound click I got the error that quot there is no active mixer device avaiable On control panel when I click on sound and audio devices I found all the options related to Sound is disabled sound are being disabled I also checked out the harware section on MY Comuter the sounds drivers are there but something goes wrong Sound is disabled with respect to that I have already downloaded audio vga and someother drivers from us acer com ac en us content drivers and installed them but the problem is still there that is the sound is disabled I would really appreciate on this forum if I can get the solution from someone with respect to that sound problem I am facing I can t want to open my laptop s harware because I cant do that BinNyen nbsp

A:Sound is disabled

Well, considering the fact that XP expires http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/enterprise/endofsupport.aspx
You're probably better off going to W7 or W8.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-is-disabled.198336/
Relevancy 18.49%

I've been having a rather irritating problem with my NVIDIA graphics card. Ever since I installed the card, it has been outputting sound through the card instead of through my onboard audio. Since I do not want to purchase an HDMI to DVI cable to play sound through my monitor, I was wondering how to redirect the audio to play through my motherboard so I can hear sound again. I have tried resetting BIOS settings, reinstalling all drivers for sound card, motherboard, and gpu, and I have poked around 100's of forums, and tried everything. I'm even considering buying a different brand of card because this stupid thing has created so many problems.

A:How do I output sound through my ASUS Motherboard?

Right click on the speaker icon in the taskbar. Select playback devices and see if you have an option other than HDMI. I have 4 HDMI ports in addition to Speakers and "Speakers" is the default device on my machine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-output-sound-through-my-asus-motherboard.198828/