Windows Support Forum

Voice overs like skype CRASH sound and video FREEZES

Q: Voice overs like skype CRASH sound and video FREEZES

Hey guys hope you can help me here.
When i'm at any kind of voice overs, in a call on skype or teamspeak it manages to happen a sound crash, but the time isnt certain, sometimes it takes about 10 minutes and other times take 1 hour or more to crash.
When the sound crashes, all the videos freeze. Its like watching a video with super slow motion and no sound.
Only way to solve this is rebooting.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536228/voice-overs-like-skype-crash-sound-and-video-freezes/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Voice overs like skype CRASH sound and video FREEZES

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 82.56%

I have been searching the web like crazy trying to figure out what's wrong. I have found many close but nothing has worked. Here's the problem. While starting the game I have background noise like the cart moving, the horses, birds and everything else. It comes down to none of the voice-overs during the whole thing works. Anyone have recommendations? I've tried updating drivers and basic things. I'm almost tempted to remove the voices.bsa and try finding a new one to use.

A:Skyrim no voice overs

Goto your audio settings and turn up voice and turn down music. Make sure master audio is maxed out too. are you using surround sound speakers or headphones? some people are reporting issues with 5.1 headphones (if they are set to matrix) might not have the centre speaker working. check the surround settings in your sound manager. go to sound control panel in windows and select lower quality default format go from 24 bit 96000 Hz to 16 bit 44100 hz to test and see if it works

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/skyrim-no-voice-overs.1060196/
Relevancy 82.56%

I ve been hearing these voiceovers and of rid the voice I How overs? other do congratulations get for the past few days now and I ran Advanced Windows Care V Personal which didn t seem to help and Hijack This and got the following log Please help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe How do I get rid of the congratulations and other voice overs? C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS How do I get rid of the congratulations and other voice overs? system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files WZCBDL Service WZCBDLS exe C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster Live -bit Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C WINDOWS system Rundll exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files D-Link Air USB Utility AirCFG exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files PreSonus AudioDriver FIREBox FIREBOX Control exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Enigma Software Group SpyHunter SpyHunter exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system Fl BNL exe C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe C WINDOWS system Fl BNL exe C WINDOWS system Fl BNL exe C WINDOWS system Fl BNL exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run CTSysVol C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster Live -bit Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe r O - HKLM Run P Helper Rundll P dll P Helper O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run D-Link Air USB Utility C Program Files D-Link Air USB Utility AirCFG exe O - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run FIREBOX C Program Files PreSonus AudioDriver FIREBox FIREBOX Control exe O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run SpyHunter Security Suite C Program Files Enigma Software Group SpyHunter SpyHunter exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKCU Run DAEMON Tools quot C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce RunNarrator Narrator exe User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT RunOnce RunNarrator Narrator exe User Default user O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item Back... Read more

Relevancy 81.7%

We are not wanting to overload our computer with programs
that cause problems with other areas, so we would like to be
able to use vlc or windows media player or nero, to somehow
remove/erase those nasty voice dub-overs on movies so we
can plainly hear the real movie [and english voices] that is/are
still to be heard in the background.

A:How do you remove voice dub-overs on avi. files?

I'm not sure....but I think you would need the english track and have vlc use that instead of the track that you originally have. I might be wrong...but I don't think you can remove it, you can only replace it...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-you-remove-voice-dub-overs-on-avi-files.90701/
Relevancy 78.26%

Skype / Messenger Live video call voice quality (fixed)

Hi All,

I am having a few problems with webcam calls with my folks.

I have installed the latest versions of Skype and Windows Live Messenger on both machines but when using either one for webcam video calls their audio and video coming to me is absolutely fine and so is my video to them however my audio to them is delayed, juddery, and robotic/gravelly (as if i have a sore throat). It is the same in both programs.

Zone Alarm on both machines is configured to allow these programs to run as they wish but still the problem persists.

We both have broadband at speeds usually no lower than 3mb.

Any help apreciated.
Rob

A:Skype / Messenger Live video call voice quality

skype is heavily dependant on bandwidth. I use it here in Iraq and with phone calls can be garbled if bandwidth is insufficient. However, it would seem in your case, the problem may be firewall related. I would ensure that all your ports are open for skype. I don't recommend zonealarm as it interferes with many programs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/skype-messenger-live-video-call-voice-quality.121907/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi

I hav dell xps 430 with quad 2.33 processor, win vista 64bit, 6gb ddr3, 500gb hdd, ati 3650 256mb radeon, pc.

when i try to do video or sometimes voice calls, the system freezes and i hv to make force shut down.

dell tried to solve the problem by replacing motherboard and video card. tried with reinstalling vista 64bit. but the problem persists.

the system crashes irrespective of chat client, i tried with msn, gtalk browser plugin, gtalk client, yahoo messenger, skype.

once in a while, though rarely, i am able to do video chat recently.

can anybody help me?

Bharat Ram

A:System crash during online video/voice chat

Hi -

Please follow these insructions --> BSOD Posting Instructions

Even though no BSODs, it collects a wealth of system information that may yield clues.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/system-crash-during-online-video-voice-chat-471208.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi Everyone I Bought a Logitech C webcam and used it for the st time today on my Win system When I used it for the first time after a few minutes the video started getting jerky and then the sound started breaking up and then cut out so that all I got was a non moving photo of the person I was talking to The photo of me in the lower right hand screen was 8.1 Webcam freezes video choppy. and gets voice Win up moving fine and I could hear myself OK The person who was talking to me trying said on the phone that they could see and hear me just fine I was on Facebook and my computer is a HP - c with Gb of RAM and Tb of memory with about Gb free If anyone has any ideas about what is wrong and Webcam video freezes up and voice gets choppy. Win 8.1 how I can fix it I would love to hear it Please don't tell me to get another webcam I can't afford it Other than that I'm open to suggestions Thanks everyone

A:Webcam video freezes up and voice gets choppy. Win 8.1

What are your download and upload speeds?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607303/webcam-video-freezes-up-and-voice-gets-choppy-win-81/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello everybody,

I am having problems with my Asus G60J. About 3 days ago, I noticed that when I tried to start a Video chat over Gmail (with my built in web-cam), it locked up my computer instantly, and entirely. I have no other options than to do a hard reset. I had nothing other that Task manager open, and this happens repeatedly. I also happens when I receive chats. I have the latest drivers for my (time for the tech specs)

Nvidia Geforce GTS 360M Cuda with 1GB of Vram

Intel i5

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

4GB DDR3 Ram

Using windows 7 for 1 month and loving it. ANY help MUCH appreciated.

Note: this also happens with the Star Wars Battle Front 2 Installer.

A:Windows 7 freezes on Gmail Voice/Video chat

Have you tried a different browser?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/126497-windows-7-freezes-gmail-voice-video-chat.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm FX- Slingbox needs watching and while i.e Skype Video. Laptop restart freezes and Online Dual Core Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Go GTX Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - Laptop freezes and needs restart while watching Online i.e Skype and Slingbox Video. MB Motherboard Laptop freezes and needs restart while watching Online i.e Skype and Slingbox Video. CLEVO D K VT B None Antivirus AVG Internet Security Updated and Enabled FYI I have enabled GB of my C Disc to use for system restore to anticipate this Laptop freezes and needs restart while watching Online i.e Skype and Slingbox Video. issue Reason for less empty space on Hard Drive My computer freezes randomly during online video Needing a full restart of the system since nothing responds anymore Sometimes after a couple minutes and sometimes after hours Most of the time the programs involved are Skype Video and Slingbox viewing Sometimes other moments but mostly these two I have tried everything I could find online and from friends and family but nothing has helped I ve tested the following issues among many others overheating cleaning dust drivers incompatible programs codecs complete re-installs of OS RAM replacement etc etc Nothing helped As long as I am not watching online video with these programs my computer seems to work perfectly Netflix and Youtube for example are always fine No issues Also thought if these effected programs could all be running WMP with possible problems Test don t indicate this yet but don t really know how to properly test this So any suggestions would be welcome Thanks in advance for giving it a try nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-freezes-and-needs-restart-while-watching-online-i-e-skype-and-slingbox-video.1015574/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi all,

When using Skype the voice of the other party sounds broken, but he can hear me perfectly.
I am working on a winxp sp2 system with creative audio driver.

Could anyone help me?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/skype-voice.532178/
Relevancy 62.78%

I use Skype for voice/video conversations. I have always wondered if it's possible for tech people, if they gain an access to my computer, to extract/retrieve some files somewhere in hidden memory and to listen to my conversations somehow left/recorded on the computer. I'm not talking about installed spyware. I'm talking about naturally left trace in the computer memory. Hope I explained things right, I'm not a tech guy. Thanks.

Relevancy 62.35%

Ok i just built this new pc cost me an arm and a leg and every thing runs fine except for the fact that it freezes randomly with looping sound and i cant do ANYTHING except hit reset It freezes maybe or times in about a day of use Im never doing anything specific ill be playing a game looking looping sound. with crash/freezes PC Random through my pc files or browsing the net and just staring at a website Ive swapped the RAM chips about Random PC crash/freezes with looping sound. ive taken the Audigy out and now im using the AC' onboard sound All Random PC crash/freezes with looping sound. my drivers are up to date im on SP for XP and im sure its not a heat issue as ive checked and nothing goes over 'C Yet it still freezes randomly The main parts are XFX GeForce GTX AMD Athlon Venice nm Socket MSI K N Neo Platinum nForce Ultra Socket PCI-Express Western Digital Raptor GB RPM SATA Ultra X-Connect W ATX PSU GeIL GB x MB PC Ultra Platinum CAS Creative Sound Blaster Audigy ZS THX Sound Card Please post with ideas this is driving me nuts

A:Random PC crash/freezes with looping sound.

Try Running System File Checker

(Insert Your Win XP Disk into your CD-ROM Drive)

Go Start-> Run-> SFC

Then Wait. This will compare all your system files to the original copies on the Disk, and replace Damaged ones.

Sounds like if your computer is just locking up, not auto-restarting, it could be a damaged .DLL File.

Also, how much did you pay for that PSU?

Some Companies rate their PSU's at a temperature of 25 degrees Celcius, and some PSU's drop as low as 380W when at around 40 degrees Celcius internal Temp.

These are temps inside the PSU, not air temps inside the Computer.
Be especially careful with that 7800GTX, Thats one Power-Hungry Card.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/random-pc-crash-freezes-with-looping-sound-74954.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Sorry all don't know if this is the correct thread to post in Im using windows XP and saw software related threads Anyway I'm trying to use Skype on this computer to chat with my friends while we play HoN Only on this computer I am using right now do I get this problem Basically voice chat will work fine for about an hour sometimes less and then all of a sudden the voices become choppy and I can't understand what they say I doubt this is an internet issue mainly because Voice Skype Chat Problem I can run my game on this computer and set up my laptop right next to me and run skype from that and my Skype Voice Chat Problem laptop which is Vista will run the voice chat perfectly fine with no internet lag on either computers heck I can even use my other computer at the same time doing something with the internet and still not get any interruptions so I don't think its a bandwidth problem If anyone has any advice for me I'd appreciate it

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/skype-voice-chat-problem-420752.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I just recently purchased a Skype number and I have a few emails telling me that I have a new voice message and I should sign into Skype to listen to them.

So I signed into the metro style Skype app on windows 8.1 but could not find voice messages. I tried on the surface rt app but no option for voice messages. I tried logging into the Skype website and again could not find my messages.

So how does one listen to their voice messages in Skype?

A:How To Listen To Voice Messages In Skype?

Nobody knows

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/33951-how-listen-voice-messages-skype.html
Relevancy 61.49%

PEACE TO YOU ALL! my question is that I can't find and answer while researching I have a problem on how to fix a voice [email protected]?(I have researched in a lot of places in typing in how to fix a voice message in skype in window 7. there I could not find an answer only answer for window 10 that had a closer answer to my question about voice messages but I don't need for window 10 though. I seriously need help can't put a recording for a voice message to best friends. when I got skype I did not have it for now over 1 year = no voice message in skype.)

A:a problem in fixing a skype voice message

Have you tried simply re-installing Skype? Remove current version, reboot and re-install?

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/a-problem-in-fixing-a-skype-voice-message/19612.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Using Skype, Firefly, Google talk etc, I can hear the other person clearly but they can't hear me. They get about the 1st 2 seconds of my conversation then nothing. This has happened to me before and seemed to clear itself but has started again. It's really annoying, Please help if you have any ideas on this I have done audio tests on the audio and it works fine. My microphone is OK cos I use it with 'callserve' and no problems.

A:NO voice transmit on VOIP, Google Skype etc

Hiya

Does your microphone have a boost option:

http://www.marratech.com/userman/pro/app_audio_boost.html

That's for a different microphone, but others may have it.

If not, what microphone are you using?

For the Skype, try here:

http://support.skype.com/index.php?_a=troubleshooter

I selected the second option, and it gives you some things to try.

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-voice-transmit-on-voip-google-skype-etc.517288/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello!
I have a little problem with my notebook. When i'm speaking with skype, using a external microphone, my voice is not received correctly.
This happens only with my laptop and only with skype.

I have tried to change ADSL line and microphone, but my voice is received always intermittently.
How can I resolve this problem?

thanks a lot for your help! Bye,
Davide.

A:Re: Satellite Pro U400: voice is not received correctly using Skype

Hi!

Have you updated Skype to the newest version? Check the manufactures website for an update.

Try to update the sound driver on your notebook. You can find it on the Toshiba website:
http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com => Support & Downloads => Download Drivers

Sorry but at the moment I can?t say more about this issue.

Bye

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?41663-Re-Satellite-Pro-U400-voice-is-not-received-correctly-using-Skype
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi I m posting this for a friend He s had a very unfortunate history with his headsets He has had multiple headets on multiple different computers and he s had trouble with all of them His problem is that while he also AND voice output, echo hears audience Skype was in skype we his friends could hear not only him but also his own output and our own echo This has been a very very strange thing because he has disabled every sound device yes also stereo mix but his mic and he turned his volume way down The echo problem is the worst when he unmutes his mic and then slowly gets less with time but the output problem always remains He has had this problem with out of headsets one of which was the same as I had at the time while I had no trouble at all He has always used stereo jack headsets His current headset Razer Carcharias If anybody Skype audience hears voice AND output, also echo would assist with this issue it would be much appreciated Marty Skype audience hears voice AND output, also echo nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/skype-audience-hears-voice-and-output-also-echo.171853/
Relevancy 58.48%

Dear all,

Down below you'll find a link to a video I'd like to see.

http://www.filedropper.com/20120725bart-oifintrowatisontbindeninfactoren

The video freezes from 1.14 to 1.54.
I've converted it to a lot of different formats (avi, wmv, mp4, flv, etc.), but that's probably not the problem.
I've tried to lower the quality of the video, but still no difference. 
Then I saw that its bitrate was very high compared to other videos (it was around 6000 kbps), and the frame rate around 75 frames per second. 
But apparently that as well is not the problem, because now that I converted it to mp4, the rates look normal.

Maybe the problem lays with my graphics card (Intel ® HD Graphics 4000)
                                                                            Processor: Intel ® Core™ i5-3337U CPU @ 1.80GHz

Can someone help me fix this problem?

Kind regards,
Nico

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/518284/video-freezes-at-a-certain-point-but-sound-keeps-on-going/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi folks I have an odd issue that I have come to the end of my knowledge about and I am stuck to be honest My fairly new months PC has a very odd way of crashing on me at completely random times although it does seem BSOD sound/video crash, Crashes but very random and no weird during to happen more regularly when playing sound or video content VLC Spotify Streaming Movies or TV etc and it also seems to happen more often if I have bittorrent running in the background What basically happens is that the screen will freeze for a moment but the sound will continue to play then any audio coming from the PC will slow right down like dropping the pitch Crashes during sound/video but very random and weird crash, no BSOD really low on a turntable until it just sounds like electronic noises The sound will continue to play until I reboot the PC but the screen will not change Sometime I can still move the mouse sometime I Crashes during sound/video but very random and weird crash, no BSOD can't The only way out of it is to hard reboot the computer I have checked all my drivers on numerous occasions I have had it all apart and checked the hardware connections virus checked and done a full clean reinstall of win but still the same problem Any one out there had anything similar Thanks

A:Crashes during sound/video but very random and weird crash, no BSOD

Quote: Originally Posted by stuarrparker

Hi folks

I have an odd issue that I have come to the end of my knowledge about and I am stuck to be honest.

My fairly new (6 months) PC has a very odd way of crashing on me at completely random times although it does seem to happen more regularly when playing sound or video content (VLC, Spotify, Streaming Movies or TV etc) and it also seems to happen more often if I have bittorrent running in the background.

What basically happens is that the screen will freeze for a moment but the sound will continue to play, then any audio coming from the PC will slow right down (like dropping the pitch really low on a turntable) until it just sounds like electronic noises. The sound will continue to play until I reboot the PC but the screen will not change. Sometime I can still move the mouse, sometime I can't. The only way out of it is to hard reboot the computer.

I have checked all my drivers on numerous occasions, I have had it all apart and checked the hardware connections, virus checked and done a full clean reinstall of win 7 but still the same problem...

Any one out there had anything similar????

Thanks

Does it still do it when booted in safe mode?

There are several ways to find what the problem is. The best is to go into event viewer (type eventvwr in search). Event viewer (local) and look for errors listed in the last day, week, etc. Then go to the windows log>application tab. Finally the windows Logs>system tabs.

You want to look for all errors (they have red in the left column ).

When you find them you want to look for critical errors that say app hang, app crash, or anything that relates to the problem.

When you find them please note the event ID, and the source codes and tell us what they are.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/197363-crashes-during-sound-video-but-very-random-weird-crash-no-bsod.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I decided to save some money and gain some knowledge by building my first ever PC After successfully completing it and turning it on it worked fine for a couple of months but now I have a problem At first my audio gets choppy and slow almost instantly my video lags then my keyboard and mouse stop responding then my PC goes into total lockdown and freezes and I usually have to hit the power button and wait mins because if I hit the Sound gets then freezes. choppy, lags, Video PC reset button it Sound gets choppy, Video lags, then PC freezes. boots up and shortly does the same thing This happens usually while I'm playing video games and even when I'm simply watching a YouTube video I'm a little worried Sound gets choppy, Video lags, then PC freezes. that everytime this happens I'm damaging my pc it has happened around times around a couple months Here are my specs Operating System Microsoft Windows Ultimate -bit SP CPU AMD FX- C RAM GB Dual-Channel Ballistix DDR MHz - - - Motherboard BIOSTAR Group TA XE CPU C Graphics DELL ST L x Hz HP vs x Hz MB GeForce GTX Ti EVGA C Hard Drives GB Seagate ST LM HN-M MBB ATA Device SATA C GB Seagate ST AS ATA Device SATA C GB NULL NULL Optical Drives TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH- BB ATA Device Audio ASUS Xonar DS Audio Device Case Diablotek EVO Mid-Tower ATX Hopefully someone can help Thanks

A:Sound gets choppy, Video lags, then PC freezes.

Last time you ran the chkdsk /r command on the Windows partition?

Start/Run...type chkdsk /r and hit Enter.  Type Y in new screen and hit Enter.  Reboot, command will execute before booting into Windows.

Last time you defragged the Windows partition?

What PSU is installed?

Please run following diagnostic on each hard drive, long/extended test.

http://knowledge.seagate.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/202435en

If diagnostic is unable to complete, please write down onscreen error message.  If diagnostic completes, write down functional status provided.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/490194/sound-gets-choppy-video-lags-then-pc-freezes/
Relevancy 57.62%

Last night I had a seemingly unprovoked crash where my computer had to system restore at the quot welcome quot part of the login screen Ever since then when + WMP it [SOLVED] before wasn't and Choppy video internet no Windo crash, sound where I try to play a video on any site that streams videos the video is incredibly choppy to where it shows an image every seconds and no sound even on the same videos I've watched before [SOLVED] Choppy internet video where it wasn't before and no sound + WMP crash, Windo at the same speed I tried using both Internet Explore and Firefox I have Fiber Optics so it's not the internet Also when I try to open an mp or any type of media file in Windows Media Player it comes up with an error box saying quot Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing this file quot I can open video files in DivX but the ones with sound are choppy less choppy than the internet and with no sound as well and the ones without sound work fine Before this crash I had to System Restore because after I installed the new windows update my sound didn't work The problem was fixed when I restored I tried reinstalling my display drivers by uninstalling the original ones and using driver cleaner pro before installing the new drivers The same problem persists I did a virus scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and found a couple things but the problem is still there so I'm going to run another scan in the meantime I have used this computer for a month at least with this configuration with no problems I would appreciate any help very much I will attempt to reply swiftly Hardware Gigabyte MA OX-UD P AMD Athlon II X GHz x GB OCZ Reaper Ram Geforce GT GB WD Raptor SATA HD Wireless internet card

A:[SOLVED] Choppy internet video where it wasn't before and no sound + WMP crash, Windo

Hi -

Update video, audio and network drivers -- go directly to device manufacturer's support site.

If you have Internet Security suite installed with 3rd party firewall, e.g., NIS, N360, KIS, McAfee, etc... remove it. Install MSE -

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-choppy-internet-video-where-it-wasnt-before-and-no-sound-wmp-crash-windo-507506.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello I am running Windows x Service Pack This all happened suddenly I had not installed or downloaded anything new and at first I just assumed the video file I was watching was corrupt Over the next day or two things got in & system Windows 7 Periodic freezes sound/video glitches progressively worse It affects all programs but I've found the most noticeable issues arrise during internet browsing and media playback I haven't tried to do much else on the computer as this is most of what I do anway I have tried to play Periodic sound/video glitches & system freezes in Windows 7 a few games and I end up having to hard reset the computer Upon startup things are usually pretty fine and normal for the first few minutes If I try to open Firefox and browse the web things are ok at first and then it starts freezing and lagging even with just a tab or two open Response time can be minutes before it catches up Often Firefox will take a few minutes to open during which time nothing else will open but the mouse can move freely and I can write text in notepad among other things No new program can be opened Even clicking the start menu will not respond When Firefox finally opens things will move Periodic sound/video glitches & system freezes in Windows 7 slowly at first but then will suddenly start working fluidly at random intervals before freezing out again Sometimes just scrolling a page will be a bit ever few minutes If I try to watch a video file in VLC it will often be fine for about the first five minutes and then there will be an audio glitch grinding sound the video colors will invert glitch and slow the progress bar will freeze up and then it will begin playing normally again though now ever seconds or so there will be an audible grinding glitch sound for a fragment of a second while the video jumps for a moment The same thing happens when playing music in iTunes The weird thing is it isn't constant I've been able to listen to an entire hour long album at one moment but then later that same album gives me this problem Or I will watch a half hour video file and not be able to make it more than a few minutes in but later I can watch the same video file This problem happens with files stored on the C drive and on external media It happens with varying files some that I've had for years and never had a problem with Others work one minute and not the next Occasionally whatever program is in use will white out a bit and show Program Not Responding but not often The computer often freezes so completely and for so long that my only option is a hard reset I can't even get the task manager to open to close a program These same issues still happen in safe mode I have ran scans with Malwarebytes Advanced SystemCare Microsoft Security Essentials and Spybot Search amp Destroy I have reinstalled my graphics drivers cleared and reinstalled VLC switched browsers and ran an upgrade repair install of Windows Please help Thank you in advance

A:Periodic sound/video glitches & system freezes in Windows 7

Hi

Please follow the below steps to collect some basic info needed for the troubleshooting.

A Speccy snapshot.

"Speccy" is a free tool which is used to create a report about your system. It will list the make and model of hardware components as well as installed Windows updates, HDD SMART status etc. Please read instructions from the below link and post the web link created by "Speccy" in next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323892/publish-a-snapshot-using-speccy/

Minitoolbox report.

"Minitoolbox" can list all the installed programs as well as event log errors in your system. Download "Minitoolbox" from the below link.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/minitoolbox/

Run the tool and only select the following tick boxes.

-List last 10 Event viewer errors
   -List installed programs
   -List devices
   -List users, partition and memory size

Now click "Go" and post the output in next reply

After inspecting the logs, either me or any other forum volunteer will help you troubleshooting the issue.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510856/periodic-soundvideo-glitches-system-freezes-in-windows-7/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi My problem is as in the titile PC specs Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM x GB Kingston MHz x GB Kingston MHz DDR Dual Channel Hard Drive GB Total GB Samsung GB Seagate Barracuda Video Card Asus NVIDIA GeForce GT GB GDDR MHz MHz MHz Sound Card Creative Sound Blaster Audigy bit kHz Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Voice long loop pc uptime in crash, games, after Build win gdr - Motherboard Asus P Q SE R BIOS Rev Power supply is Corsair HX Watt CPU and Motherboard are year old and the GB's Mems are the GB's are and the GPU is like year old Detailed info screens http img imageshack us i specsu jpg http img imageshack us i mems jpg Temperatures IDLE GPU CPU AUX Voice loop crash, in games, after long pc uptime CORE CORE CORE CORE In game GPU UP TO AUX CORE CORE CORE CORE The highest temp is always on GPU manufacturer said that this temperature is normal and can be even C and card will work fine Things I've tried so far -reinstaling system -doing memtest no problems found -installing new fan -downgrading Nvidia drivers -messing with EAX options changing audio quality etc -downclocking GPU to the lowest possible value via nvProfile -updating BIOS from rev to -defragmenting HDD's -disabling page file Well it started month ago when my graphic card overheated in Splinter Cell Double Agent standard 'snow' on screen it was working fine for a few days after that And the first error was BSOD with Memory Managment I'va made memtest after that no problems were found And last day Ive found out thet crash occurs very often when PC's uptime is big like - hours if I restart the PC before starting the game I can play like hours without crash Also I was thinking about the new Sound Card I bought it on - - and it was working fine drivers issue Newest Creative drivers doesn't install because of driver signature error Please help Regards

A:Voice loop crash, in games, after long pc uptime

It sounds clearly like a hardware malfunction. I think when the "memory management" error came up, it was graphics memory. Graphics cards have their own integrated memory which they use for processing. Please follow the instructions here: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

EDIT: Also, your PSU may be underpowered for your system. We'll look into that later if we need to.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/voice-loop-crash-in-games-after-long-pc-uptime-496162.html
Relevancy 54.18%

My skype keeps crashing! It says"skype click to call has crashed" Why does this keep happening?

A:skype crash

Hi -

See if uninstalling current version Skype, then reinstalling latest version helps.

http://beta.skype.com/en/download-sk...-for-computer/

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/skype-crash-681731.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I need help I crash Skype have a skype problem It crashes whenever I do screen shares or video calls It says access violation My friend says it s a Directx problem I checked my Directx and I m using the latest directx I have Windows starter and the latest version of Skype - I am using Windows Starter Acer D What Skype crash I already did - Reformatted my laptop - Installed a chipset driver for Acer - based on my friend s advice - Installed Directx - based on my friend s advice I already have yes but he says the directx installed on my system might have been corrupted already I don t know what solution is left Would it help if I change my OS into Windows XP using the same Directx Is it something to do with my video card or any programs that might have problems or incompatibility with Skype My friends who use skype doesn t seem to have problems with their latest skype version I only got this when my skype was updated nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

Every time I try logging into skype, my computer freezes to the point I have to manually reboot or just make a *BEEEEEEEP* sound so I have no choice but to manually reboot it. Event viewer doesn't seem to pick up anything. I have tried reinstalling skype but that didn't help either.

A:Skype Crash

Try what is found here:

POST troubleshooting steps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/skype-crash-680982.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I will try to give as much detail as I can I have a Gateway laptop MX with an Intel T Dual Core Ghz GB RAM GB HDD with GB free running a fresh install of Win Home Prem SP originally came with Vista I decided to reformat and reinstall OS Everything went as and crash IE9 Skype planned I ran Windows updates until there were no more I installed MS Office Skype Auslogics disk defrag Avast Teamviewer Bluecoat K- Glary Dropbox Adobe Reader X CCleaner Process Lasso Lifecam VX- Canon MP printer Microsoft Picture It and Revo Uninstaller Firefox Cute PDF and latest Java The problem occurs when I try to run IE or Skype They both crash For instance if I navigate to http www carmax com enus view-car default html AVi amp id amp N amp D amp zip amp pD amp pI amp pT amp pC amp pB amp No amp Ep homepage homepage Make amp Rp R amp PP amp sV List amp CD amp Q dd -c e - f f-a a - e c e I get a message that a problem occured and needs to shut IE IE9 and Skype crash down I have several successful clicks before I get to this page and it crashes It tries to open the site a couple of times but to no avail Skype opens but crashes before loading completely I have to believe they are related If you can help I would appreciate it I have a Macrium backup so I can always go back

A:IE9 and Skype crash

Try uninstalling Skype and removing any addons Skype may have added to IE9. See if IE9 still crashes.

Browsers crashes are almost always caused by faulty addons.

For what it's worth, I quit using Skype after becoming annoyed with it's poor reliability and large resource consumption (especially when 5.x came out). This article also contributed to my decision: http://www.zdnet.com/blog/networking/how-skype-does-and-doesnt-work/1051

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/412414/ie9-and-skype-crash/
Relevancy 53.75%

I notice that Phantom helped Celor with a in Skype SP3 on when 100% "voice CPU XP usage in call" similar problem - my machine seemsok under normal use but as soon as I make a voice or video call on Skype services exe seems to hog the CPU I hope that Phantom can help me too Please help me as this machine is going to fly out the window In life you cannot press the backspace button I have included 100% CPU usage in XP SP3 when on "voice call" in Skype the log from HijackThis Logfile of Trend 100% CPU usage in XP SP3 when on "voice call" in Skype Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE 100% CPU usage in XP SP3 when on "voice call" in Skype Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Broadcom ASFIPMon AsfIpMon exe C Program Files Vodafone PC Protection Anti-Virus fsgk st exe C Program Files Vodafone PC Protection Common FSMA EXE C Program Files Vodafone PC Protection Anti-Virus FSGK EXE C Program Files Vodafone PC Protection Common FSHDLL EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe c Program Files Common Files Protexis License Service PsiService exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Vodafone Vodafone Mobile Connect Bin VMCService exe C Program Files Vodafone PC Protection FWES Program fsdfwd exe C Program Files Vodafone PC Protection Anti-Virus fssm exe C Program Files Vodafone PC Protection Anti-Virus fsav exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C Program Files Apoint HidFind exe C WINDOWS tsnp exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C WINDOWS vsnp exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Dell Dell Mobile Broadband systray exe C Program Files Vodafone Vodafone Mobile Connect Bin MobileConnect exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM stsystra exe C Program Files Vodafone PC Protection Common FSM EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite PCSync exe C Program Files PC Connectivity Solution ServiceLayer exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Common Files Nokia MPAPI MPAPI s exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files PC Connectivity Solution Transports NclUSBSrv exe C Program Files PC Connectivity Solution Transports NclRSSrv exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exe c program files vodafone vodafone mobile connect bin phoenix exe C Program Files Opera opera exe C Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite PCSuite exe C WINDOWS system msfeedssync exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https www google com accounts Ser s amp scc amp ltmpl default amp ltmplcache amp hl en-GB R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Micros... Read more

A:100% CPU usage in XP SP3 when on "voice call" in Skype

You have too many Startup applications loading with Windows. This can significantly increase your Startup time and affect overall performance.

Please download and run Autoruns.

Click on Options.

Put a check mark on Hide Microsoft and Windows Entries.

Hit the F5 key to refresh your page.

Only non-Microsoft applications will be showing.

Select the Logon tab and uncheck the following items:

igfxtray

igfxhkcmd

igfxpers

PDVDDXSrv

tsnp325

snp325

Adobe Reader Speed Launcher

Adobe ARM

WinampAgent

ISUSPM Startup

ISUSScheduler

systray

MobileConnect

HP Software Update

SunJavaUpdateSched

SigmatelSysTrayApp

MSMSGS

Nokia.PCSync

Digital Line Detect.lnk

HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk

Microsoft Office.lnk

WinZip Quick Pick.lnk
Other than your antivirus, firewall and Internet connectivity service, the Startup Type on most of your non-Microsoft Services (from programs YOU have installed), can be changed from Automatic to Manual. This will reduce the amount of processes running in the background and speed up your computer.

Do not worry about making the wrong choices. If some programs aren't running properly when their Service's Startup Type is set to Manual, everything can be restored to the way it was before, following the same procedure. There isn't any risk involved.

Run Autoruns again (with a check mark on Hide Microsoft and Windows Entries).

Select the Services tab.

Only non-Microsoft services will be showing.

Right-click on any service.

Click on Jump to...

You will now be at the exact registry key for that service.

In the right-hand pane, look at the DWORD Start.

The last number at the end of the entry will be either:

(0) for Boot.

(1) for System.

(2) for Automatic.

(3) for Manual.

(4) for Disabled.

If you want to change the value, double-click on Start and change the number accordingly.
Reboot the computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/100-cpu-usage-in-xp-sp3-when-on-voice-call-in-skype.948672/
Relevancy 53.75%

Using YM particularly the voice function Initially everything worked fine Dialing numbers was a breeze and the quality more than acceptable A couple weeks ago a couple weeks after install YM started to freeze when I dialed a number The timer on the dialing screen would freeze or count slowly My Windows cursor would mover sluggishly then freeze up The first couple freezes up Voice Yahoo computer times a reboot fixed the problem but now nothing seems to resolve the issue Computer works fine with other applications and Internet browsing though playing videos through Window Media Yahoo Voice freezes up computer Player sometimes freezes up the system I have ran my AV and several free spyware cleaners Have cleaned up Temp files cookies etc but YM still locks up with voice I uninstalled and reinstalled YM with no change in operation I even uninstalled my firewall turned off Windows FW and unloaded my AV service Nothing I am using Speedfan to see if there might be a heat issue None that I can discern right now Ran memtest and memory is fine Any ideas I have a P GB RAM Toshiba laptop Should be plenty of resources nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

Hi everyone
Suddenly, I have a problem uysing Skype. When I open Skype it tells me that it cant as Skype has crashed and do I want to close the program or Debug etc etc. This is the problem info. Any idea what has happened. Can it have anything to do with IE9 or Audacity which I have recently started using for recording voice messages? I have uninstalled Skype and download the app again and set installed bu it is unable to install and comes back the above questions.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Skype.exe
Application Version: 5.3.0.113
Application Timestamp: 4dd67601
Fault Module Name: Skype.exe
Fault Module Version: 5.3.0.113
Fault Module Timestamp: 4dd67601
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 006ebe12
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

Relevancy 52.89%

I've just updated my brand new HP Pro Book 450 G3 with the suggested Windows 10.Everything seems to work fine except for the fact that as soon as I run the skype software the windows 10 crashes and restarts. A lightblue screen appears  with messages and hen the OS is restarted. i've tryed to uninstall and re-install the skype software but the result is always the same. Before he Windows 10 upgrade the proBook was running with Windows 8 and skype was working correctly.The pro book has already been fixed two monts ago (under warranty) by HP for not working ethernet board and wi-fi board.Is there a solution at this problem? I need skype for my job, this is my job laptop.I've bought the PC 3 months ago and it is already the second very big problem I'm experiencing.Is this a unlucky laptop or what else?please help me to solve the problem. Andrea 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Windows-10-Crash-after-skype-startup/td-p/5709913
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,
I use Skype on a daily basis to keep in touch with family. Generally, I have no problems. However, any contact with my son inevitably results in my computer shutting down. Our contact can last as long as half an hour, or as little as 2 minutes, but almost always ends the same way.
This does not happen with anyone else.
There's probably a simple explanation, but if there is it escapes me.
Regards, kilnfield

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Business, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60, x64 Family 15 Model 104 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1917 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon Xpress 1150, 5 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 104113 MB, Free - 58399 MB; D: Total - 10239 MB, Free - 6794 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0WY383
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free, Disabled ***note*** does not show that I now use MS Security Essentials

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/skype-causing-computer-to-crash.1062574/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello I'm going to try to give as much detail as possible but I didn't write down any of the errors unfortunately I had a freeze on my computer as I was switching my sound Cannot drivers card crash sound card after video recover & card a pretty old sound blaster live gamer from entertainment mode to game mode I had to reboot as nothing else was working When the computer came back Cannot recover video card & sound card drivers after crash up it was in VGA mode I looked at system manager showed an exclamation Cannot recover video card & sound card drivers after crash mark next to the video card and the sound card although it was displaying their names I tried uninstalling and re-installing and nothing will do the trick After I installed the video card drivers it gives me some kind of error like its not identifying the card correctly it thinks the driver is from a different version of radeon hd I had this a while back and fixed it by reinstalling windows which at the time I needed to to anyway so I didn't pay much attention to it I really would hate to have it reinstalled again as I would have to install a lot of software that I currently have on it Any thoughts I didn't create a restore point I tried restoring it won't help Any thoughts I'll give you more info later if you request it this is all I can think of from the top of my head and I don't have the computer next to me at this time since I'm at work I also had a weird error now that I think of it that was saying something like quot could not read from x I just put some random digits there it looked something like this can't remember the exact combination something something quot Thanks

A:Cannot recover video card & sound card drivers after crash

Hello Rovlad, Welcome to SF!

If you give us some more detail on the HW and fill in your system specs (as instructed here in second post: ) http://www.sevenforums.com/general-d...rum-rules.html

we'll have the info we need to point you to the right drivers...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/175054-cannot-recover-video-card-sound-card-drivers-after-crash.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I just installed Skype on a friend's PC. They have a problem......picture constantly freezes.
When I Skype them, they see me normally but their image jumps from freeze to freeze on my screen and their screen.
Any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/skype-freezes.953285/
Relevancy 52.46%

Whenever I am in a video chat on skype my pc will occasionally freeze, I have to restart pc in order to continue. I have used messenger for video chats and have no problems there but prefer skype for my international calls due to its higher sound and video quality.
Could anyone help as it is now getting annoying and more frequent and I dont want to keep restarting pc

Relevancy 52.46%

I had skype on my computer running Vista for a while and used it every day Each time I used it it would lock up and I would have to restart my of skype instead reboots loading crash/windows computer manually without skype crash/windows reboots instead of loading shutting down windows I looked for solutions and read that skype did not have this problem Within minutes of my first call on skype my computer froze and I had to push the power button This time however windows would not load I get to the screen where I am given the choice of loading Vista or Ubuntu and I choose Vista Then it asks me if I want to start normally or run a diagnostic corrective program the name of which I can't remember Choosing that program does nothing the screen just flashes So I choose to start normally the screen goes black for a couple seconds then the computer turns off then back on Ubuntu loads without any problems I'm using it now Also I have only had this computer for about months so I have trouble believing it's a hardware issue I would really appreciate any help anyone could offer

A:skype crash/windows reboots instead of loading

someone please help me!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/skype-crash-windows-reboots-instead-of-loading-366554.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello All I am having problems with FireFox browser crashing only happens when I try to watch or download video browser freezes Skype no longer works Adobe crashes for example Youtube freezes No error message just FF says not responding on youtube says adobe flash has crashed Thought it was Flash or Shockwave Flash reinstalled both used uninstaller Using Windows bit new computer Hp G - WM Everything was working ok for a couple of months until several days ago Leading me to believe it was some kind of Microsoft update did a restore worked for a couple days then crashes tried system restore again tried several points restore does not help Uninstalled Skype browser still crashes Called HP had no clue recommended a complete windows uninstall install So something is causing Flash Skype FF to crash Can it be windows I read in a previous post that someone had the same problem with IE crashing Google search says it could be a sound card problem don t think I have that card Also seems to be a common problem Does anyone have any ideas don t want to do the uninstall If any can help it would really be appreciated Thanks nbsp >Firefox Adobe crash? >skype Flash

Relevancy 52.46%

Hello TSF Lately I've bought a Microsoft Sidewinder x keyboard it works great however Ever since I got it Skype Explorer taskmgr and other programs have been crashing ever since I & dpgcmd.dll causing Explorer Skype crash to installed the intellipoint software dpgcmd.dll causing Skype & Explorer to crash From my perspective this is what's happening I play CS S change song while in game alt tab or close game to skype skype or explorer exe crashes I've been looking in the event viewer and it dpgcmd.dll causing Skype & Explorer to crash seems the cause is c Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro dpgcmd dll how do I fix this Thank you Here are some of the logs from event viewer Faulting application name Explorer EXE version time stamp x d c Faulting module name dpgcmd dll unloaded version time stamp x e c Exception code xc Fault offset x d b Faulting process id x c Faulting application start time x ccf b cbdc Faulting application path C Windows Explorer EXE Faulting module path dpgcmd dll Report Id ad b c e- f- e - d - d f f Faulting application name taskmgr exe version time stamp x a bc c Faulting module name dpgcmd dll unloaded version time stamp x e c Exception code xc Fault offset x d b Faulting process id x c Faulting application start time x ccf c daf Faulting application path C Windows system taskmgr exe Faulting module path dpgcmd dll Report Id b fd a - f- e - d - d f f Faulting application name Skype exe version time stamp x f Faulting module name dpgcmd dll version time stamp x e c Exception code xc Fault offset x ed b Faulting process id xeac Faulting application start time x ccf fe cc Faulting application path C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe Faulting module path c Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro dpgcmd dll Report Id b e c - f- e - d - d f f Faulting application name Skype exe version time stamp x f Faulting module name dpgcmd dll unloaded version time stamp x e c Exception code xc Fault offset x d b Faulting process id xcd Faulting application start time x ccf c ccfe Faulting application path C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe Faulting module path dpgcmd dll Report Id ba ce- - e - d - d f f

A:dpgcmd.dll causing Skype & Explorer to crash

Most common solution on the web is to uninstall the Intellitype software

1 - make sure that you're using the most current version of the Intellitype software.
2 - if that doesn't work, search the web for a download of v8.1 and try that.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/dpgcmd-dll-causing-skype-and-explorer-to-crash-633082.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I have exactly the same issue as posted here http forums techguy org Skype crash and windows in missing text windows-vista -problems-missing-text-skype html Problems with missing text and Skype Not sure if this is the right forum or not just registered today to seek help However for the past few days I ve noticed some strange stuff going on with my laptop Skype crash and missing text in windows For starters there is missing text in places I know there should be text a few screenshots as examples here as to what i m talking about game client login with missing text this is affecting my internet browser too such as on photobucket Not sure if this is related to another issue I m having here but I m having problems starting Skype I simply get a few error messages that repeat a while These messages are as follows quot Out of system resources quot quot Out of system resources quot quot Out of system resources quot quot Exception EOutOfResources in module Skype exe at A The specified resource name cannot be found in the image file quot In the screenshot you can see the Skype error together with the controls with reduced height in the All CPU Meter gadget and MS Word says there s not enough memory to load fonts Here is a page in the Opera browser with expanded spacing between chars in the words Any suggestions please Lenovo Thinkpad x Intel Core email protected GB RAM Windows Professional bit SP nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/skype-crash-and-missing-text-in-windows.983660/
Relevancy 52.46%
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello to everyone this kind of has me a little stumped. I have MP3 Rocket and windows media player 11. This just started about an hour ago and I am trying to figure out whats wrong.

I hear the music just fine through my headset and also my speakers which I have had for almost 2 years, I have tried listening thorugh MP3 and my windows media player I hear all the music just like it should be but no singing voices at all how can this be that you hear the music but no words. It was fine up until an hour ago, does someone have any ideas because I am stumped. Thanks everyone

americancritic

A:Sound but no voice

Originally Posted by americancritic

Hello to everyone this kind of has me a little stumped. I have MP3 Rocket and windows media player 11. This just started about an hour ago and I am trying to figure out whats wrong.

I hear the music just fine through my headset and also my speakers which I have had for almost 2 years, I have tried listening thorugh MP3 and my windows media player I hear all the music just like it should be but no singing voices at all how can this be that you hear the music but no words. It was fine up until an hour ago, does someone have any ideas because I am stumped. Thanks everyone

americancritic

sounds like some wires got crossed, maybe your socket isn't quite all the way in or the jack maybe faulty, try a different jack or try and push the jack all the way in, hope this helps.

MrNeeds

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/288956-sound-but-no-voice.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey guys, it seems like my skype takes up 100% of my cpu when i am on a call, what should i do? when i put it to have affinity 1 out of 2 processes, it takes up 50% of it, but my system idle process takes up 50% aswell. what should i do?

A:Skype Freezes system up

Hi Cooco.

Millions of users have no problem with Skype, so I would be inclined to uninstall it and redownload again to see what happens. Once you have done this, log in again as an existing user. This will possibly fix it for you.

System idle is just that, idle processing power waiting to be used so is not a problem.

Let us know how you get on. Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/222360/skype-freezes-system-up/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello sometimes when im having a Cam conversation
the conversation loses because her Internet is kinda bad

When we trying to attempt a new Videocall my Cam refusing to work

At this moment i cant even kill Skype.exe or LVCOMSX.EXE
and both of em are not used by anything (checked with Unlocker 1.9)

cant figure out the problem?! help please

A:Skype + LVCOMSX Freezes sometimes..

I suggest that you follow up the topic you initiated back in July in the Am I Infected forum, http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic410267.html/page__p__2340764#entry2340764 .

3 topics in 3 months...may spell malware, IMO...espcially since there was no followup by you on the first. Worst thing that can happen is you eliminate such from suspicion.

That would be the time to move on to hardware...and possible O/S issues, IMO.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/420928/skype-lvcomsx-freezes-sometimes/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,
i had skype for a long time but a week ago, i tried to log on and i found my laptop frozen, i have hp pavilion 32 bit operating system. i dont know what the problem is :/ i tried re-installing it but that didn't solve the problem, i also checked the firewall in case its blocked but again no nothing.. can you please help me

A:skype freezes my laptop when i log in

* Are you running the latest version of Skype?
* What error messages have you received?
* Have you checked in Event Viewer?
* What software have you installed in the last week that may be creating problems?
* Have you worked your way through https://support.skype.com/en-us/faq/...on-my-computer
* Have you tried a System Restore to a date PRIOR to the problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/227144-skype-freezes-my-laptop-when-i-log.html
Relevancy 51.17%

What are mot people using to talk to friends over the web?
I personally thing msn messenger is crappy!
What is the best alternative?

A:voice and video conferencing

Well, aside from this forum, I'm partial to IRC...

It doesn't require much bandwidth, knowledge and does away with the need to register...

Just get a client, agree on server network and channel (or what nick's you're using), and you're good to go...

The only problem with it, is that it's only realtime, so your messages won't be there for the person when (s)he logs on the next time...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/voice-and-video-conferencing.3726/
Relevancy 51.17%

appologies if this is the wrong aras to post this thread.

Im looking for some advice on a good voice/video chatting software. I have tried a few such a skype / google / yahoo and although found skype good, still experience isssues with delayes from time to time.

I'm intersted if there are any other one's people may be able to advise on. Its something which i need for work and could pay a small amount if the quality is very good.

Any advice is greately appreciated.

Kind regards

A:win 7 voice and video advice

terrefic feedback .lol .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/win-7-voice-and-video-advice-515520.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi all,

I am looking for software that will record an MP3 i play as well as input from microphone. But I want them both to record at the same time and then to save that as an MP3 or similar.

So if i wantes to sing over music, that type of thing. Ive seen some 'karaoke recorders' but you have to pay for all of those so i just wondered if there were any good free ones that ppl knew off?

Would be a massive help!!!

THANK YOU!!

BFG

A:Sound and voice recorder help

This is a bit late, and I don't know if you've found the answer by now, but a good recorder I use to sing over music is Audacity. It's really easy and simple and works perfect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-and-voice-recorder-help.132019/
Relevancy 51.17%

My processor makes a "laggy" noise when it freezes and control alt delete does not work when it is in this state .

A:Laptop freezes when I use skype and when I close the lid.

How old is your laptop? Can you provide information about the type of laptop, the model, the manufacturer, etc.? System Info - See Your System Specs may help in this process.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/222757-laptop-freezes-when-i-use-skype-when-i-close-lid.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a Dell Optiplex gx100 running Windows XP Pro. It has 512 Mb of memory. I use Pot Player for my video viewer. I like Dr Who so I found a site where I can download which ever episode I want from any season I want.
The problem is that after downloading and watching the video the sound and video are out of sync. The audio plays first then the video catches up. Is there anyway to fix this?

A:[SOLVED] video and voice out of sync

Hi Satisfier.

How are you downloading these videos? Are you doing it via iTunes, or via some other website?

Just to be clear - (I'm not throwing any accusations about);

TSF RULES - QUICK REFERENCEYou may not ask for assistance with P2P programs
As stated in the Community Rules.

Just making sure you're aware of this.

Cheers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-video-and-voice-out-of-sync-619727.html
Relevancy 50.74%

When I am watching streaming video or making a voice recording choppy and voice video recording the computer seems to randomly pause for a fraction of a second in intervals ranging from to seconds This leads to a choppy presentation in which parts of a word are cropped or the video momentarily pauses I also experience a random pauses or response when I am scrolling or typing These events occur even when no other apps are running according to Win Task Manager Rebooting the computer does not solve the problem Got any ideas on how to correct this choppy voice recording and video issue Or what the cause is Thanks John Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU P GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA Quadro NVS M Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA Portable PC Version A C A MR Antivirus Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/choppy-voice-recording-and-video.1079886/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

I have been trying to figure out the problem I have with the MSN Messenger Video conversation. My mom and I use MSN to have video conversation and for some reason even though all the hardware seems to be fine, my mom's sound features won't work. She has a mike and headphones so do I. Mine work with other people. But I can't hear her and she can't hear me.. When I look at the screen my mike volume is active. Something on her side is wrong but there is no errors. It worked twice.. we were chatting just fine and the video on her side paused, her voice was gone and she couldn't hear me and we tried it again later on but to no avail...

Any ideas? Is this a fixable glitch? I know it's not a hardware problem..

Thanks much

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/msn-messenger-video-voice-problem-93669.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I built a new PC a while back, specs are:
Intel QX9650
Asus Striker II Formula 780i Motherboard
2x 512Mb Geforce 8800GT in SLI (Asus EN8800GT)
4Gb Corsair 800mhz ram.
Asus SupremeFX II Audio card (Came with the motherboard)
1000Watt power supply
250Gb hard drive for my OS, 500Gb for data storage.
Vista Ultimate x86

My problem is that when I'm watching some video, every so often the video will get colourful lines through it and a square block will show around my cursor. Photograph of screen: link

If I move the cursor around after it "glitches", within a few seconds the machine locks up and my monitor goes blank. All I can do is restart the machine.

Anyone know what is wrong? I have the latest driver for the graphics cards.

I have a friend who gets the same thing in vista, but says he hasn't had it happen at all in XP.

A:Crash during video playback, pixels show around cursor prior to system crash

It sounds like artifacting which occurs when a video card is dying. I speak from personal experience. Or it could be a heat issue. What is your temperature like? How is your airflow? Check to see if your fans are working.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crash-during-video-playback-pixels-show-around-cursor-prior-to-system-crash.104768/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a couple of programs (dialpad and firetalk) that I se. I have a geadset mic (Optimus Nova 79) and a Yahama OPLsaX soundcard. I run Win 95 Rev 2.

No matter what I try to do, the sound transmitted is teribly bassy! I even patched in a Shure SM 57 stage mic to see if that would make it crisp..same sound! How do I tweak this or download an equalizer for using a mic on the Net? Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-voice-on-internet-calls.33600/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello all So last night I started having some issues playing my mkv files for some unknown reason First Media Player Classic HC would not even play any mkv files so after some frustration and uninstalls reinstalls Sandbox SRS issues, sound voice... no I finally got it playing however with the sound there is an issue that I can't seem to fix I've been using Sandbox lately because the sound difference is astounding through my but it only works properly on the TruSurround XT setting SRS Sandbox sound issues, no voice... When I switch it over to WOW HD which I prefer I can hear all the background noises and effects and music and whatnot but when someone talks you can't hear their voice like at all I did turn it up all the way during dialog and was able to get some robotic sound faintly heard with my receiver and computer volume maxed out If i switch it back to TruSurround XT during playback everything plays as normal but I prefer the WOW HD sound instead I am using the latest version as far as i know - and have uninstalled reinstalled it as well Also I do have to use VLC to play mkv files now as Media Player HC will play them but the volume is drastically low for some reason any help would be MUCH appreciated Oh yeah also in VLC when Im playing a movie Transformers for example and switch the option under quot Audio Device quot to stereo everything works fine but of course thats only channels if I switch it back to then thats a no go

A:SRS Sandbox sound issues, no voice...

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? It would be much appreciated

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/58622-srs-sandbox-sound-issues-no-voice.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello everyone I am new here and sorry for my bad english please tell me if you don t understand my explanation about my problemI have problem with my audio all the my music and videos doesn t work it shows me an error or this message quot Windows audio problem HELP!! voice sound Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file quot but in my other computers all my sound voice audio problem HELP!! videos and music works normally and fine and the videos on youtube or other websites are working but without any voice the only thing I can here in my laptop is the system voices when I click anything like if there is no problems only so I tried to solve the problem by using this steps gt gt Control Panel All Control Panel Items Troubleshooting Troubleshooting Audio playbackand still the same and tried other steps but I don t know it happened only when I updated my laptop last time from HP support assistant I get a problems everytime I update my pc with it and thinking to uninstalling it to avoid more future problems but I am worried to get a problem by doing that help I want to listen to my music

A:sound voice audio problem HELP!!

it happened only when I updated my laptop last time from (HP support assistant) ..I get a problems everytime I update my pc with itHello -What update are you talking about ?? Is this a HP update or do you mean Microsoft updates ??Please download MiniToolBox, Save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following boxes:?Flush DNS?Report IE Proxy Settings?Reset IE Proxy Settings?Report FF Proxy Settings?Reset FF Proxy Settings?List content of Hosts?List IP configuration?List last 10 Event Viewer log?List Installed ProgramsList devices >> (Problem only)?List Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and copy / paste the result (Result.txt). Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/473782/sound-voice-audio-problem-help/
Relevancy 50.74%

OK I have upgraded my PC to a new FX 8350 and a FX 7970 ! I started battlefield 3 and all was good till I got to the part ware blackbern was being interrogated you herd the slamming and the chairs screeching not no voice. I was not happy next I put in a dvd same thing sound no voice. I up dated my drivers tried VLC and no voice I have voice in actual game play but not in cinematic as well when streaming video you tube/netflix. '-'

A:No voice only sound on DVDs and games?

Do you have your audio set to 5 speaker or something?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-voice-only-sound-on-dvds-and-games.195004/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have installed a PCI Internal fax/voice modem and when I am logged in as administrator, I get dialling sounds when connecting.
If I am logged in as my Internet ( standard ) User, I get no dialling sound although it connects OK.
Since the sound works for administrator, this would appear to be a rights config problem, but what ??? - any suggestions ???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internal-voice-modem-win-2k-no-sound.243925/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have just installed an internal voice/fax modem logged in as administrator under Win2k pro. I get modem dialling sounds when logged in as administrator.
When logged in as a ( standard ) user "internet" for Internet use, I get no dialling sounds, but the connection is successful.
I would appear to be a rights problem - any suggestions ???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intnl-voice-fax-modem-win-2k-no-sound.243928/
Relevancy 50.74%

When i recording anything from the microsphone then the hissing sound is coming up. Anyone tell me what can be the reason of that. No electricity line or product out there.

Or tell me how to remove the hissing sound from the voice in Sound Forge. I tried Normalize it and reduce the voice little bit around 80% but little hissing sound is there.

And tell me there is any software that converts male voice into the female voice.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hissing-sound-when-recording-the-voice.259826/
Relevancy 50.74%

Fresh from iOS' embarrassing Messages bug that could crash iPhones with a random string of text, a similar flaw is hitting Skype across platforms. Specifically, sending a message containing only "http://:" sends the app into an endless crash loop in...

Read more

A:This simple message sends Skype into an endless crash loop, update out now

Every system has this. Just hasn't been discovered yet on the others.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/this-simple-message-sends-skype-into-an-endless-crash-loop-update-out-now.213661/
Relevancy 50.74%

I tried reading at skype community for this problem but no solution still. I'm hoping someone can help me here. My skype is on automatic update but after an update it freezes my laptop. (I dunno what update version is that). I tried finding solution and they say try to install the older version, I think I have 6.2. Then just now, I can't log in, it says my skype is outdated. Can't run the new and can't run the old. How sad.
Any solution guys, pls? I'm using skype for work, I really need it.
I'm running Win7 64b Home Premium. I think all Home Premium have this error.
Thanks in advance!

A:Everytime I open skype, my computer freezes.

Uninstall all Skype in Control Panel>Programs.

Then search for Skype listings in registry: Set System Restore Point - Create, Type regedit in Start Search box, rightclick to Run as Admin, on Edit tab type Skype into Find box, keep finding Next until you delete all Skype keys only.

Reboot PC, reinstall latest Skype as Admin.

If this fails, temporarily create a new User account to install Skype upon to see if it varies.

Go over your install thoroughly using the Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7
to establish a Clean Boot, check System Resources for Problems/Solutions, clear repeat errors from logs, check System File integrity, etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/339773-everytime-i-open-skype-my-computer-freezes.html
Relevancy 50.74%

While I'm talking and surfing the net at the same time my computer completely freezes up and I have to reboot I've with skype the I Computer when internet conjunction use in Freezes used Computer Freezes when I use skype in conjunction with the internet Avast to clear out my excess files I've used windows defender to do pretty much the same thing I've also cleaned the inside of my computer of dust And still the same issues occurs I'm at a loss at what the problem is I'm also a google Chrome user From what I can tell I've enough ram This problem have been occurring for about a week now I've used the Administrative tool Event Viewer and this is what errors pop up - lt - is used as a separator to each issue that came up x f -The NVIDIA Update Service Daemon service failed to start due to the following error The service did not start due to a logon failure -The nvUpdatusService service was unable to log on as UpdatusUser with the currently configured password due to the following error Logon failure the specified account password has expired To ensure that the service is configured properly use the Services snap-in in Microsoft Management Console MMC Please help would be greatly appreciated I know my way around a computer but I'm quite a novice at fixing them

A:Computer Freezes when I use skype in conjunction with the internet

Sorry for the delay in responding.  Work, home, and medical problems all combined to take away my time.  Sorry!

Do you still need help with this issue?

Please provide these reports:

1)  Please provide this information so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/
2)  Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).
FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504
While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584653/computer-freezes-when-i-use-skype-in-conjunction-with-the-internet/
Relevancy 50.74%

So I ve got this computer Windows ultimate legal version Service Pack build x Proc Intel core i CPU GHz Mhz ram GB So the problems I used to have was when as soon as I logged on to skype or pressed print screen the entire computer would freeze and there was nothing else I could do exept for a hard reset When looking for a solution online I found a command for cmd prompt which disabled some debugging even though I have absolutely no idea what this does I always feel like shutting down parts of windows is not such a good idea bcdedit -debug off I used in etc. screen when print freezes Skype/ logging using PC on this command rebooted and to my relief i was able to take screen shots without freezing my entire PC Unfortunately when I run skype now and log in my computer freezes and gets a BSOD x Something about a time signal from a co-processor which wasn t received on time I kindly request your help and I m willing to post any further details if you tell me how to obtain them otherwise I probably won t know about this issue Thanks in advance Edit this is also the only forum I ve posted this on

A:PC freezes when logging in on Skype/ using print screen etc.

Hi dicethem and welcome -This may show the last runs of errors, as well as the full blue screen errors -Download BlueScreenView:http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.htmlunzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select AllGo to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txtOpen BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next replyThabk You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/438216/pc-freezes-when-logging-in-on-skype-using-print-screen-etc/
Relevancy 50.74%

I use a laptop in Spain and use a connection which is not a landline but radio. In the last six months the computer freezes when I use the Skype and Skype plus webcam. This is really urgent as our daughter has had a baby and I want to see and speak to her. Frustrated!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-freezes-when-using-skype-and-webcam-on-my-laptop-303680.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello,

A friend of mine's machine crashes/BSOD or sometimes just freezes when using Skype with video. Google Video Chat also causes the same issue.

I tried re-installing the webcam but it continues to freeze.

Please see attached dumps,
TIA.

A:Windows XP Freezes/BSOD on Skype, 0xA, 0xD1

All minidump file errors are 0xD1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
These errors are usually caused by faulty drivers and IRQ Level assignments it that the driver in question is attempting to access one when it shouldn't.

The driver cited is a the Windows OS driver NDIS.sys and usually OS drivers are too general to be of any diagnostic help. They are more point to the fact that there is an issue then actually telling us what the cause is for said issue(s).

However, in doing research I came upon this information that this is a NIC (Network Interface Card aka Network Card) related problem. most problems associated with NIC's - especially when running on 2000 / XP - are interrupt based (Interrupt ReQuest Leve).

Win 2000/XP has special problems because Microsoft's shortsighted default configuration assigns as many devices as it can to a single interrupt. Your computer then 'load balances' the lot. Don't ask why, its Microsoft.

Two things:

1. This system is still in XP Service Pac 2. Come July 10th only XP with Service Pack 3 will be supported. Your friend needs to update his system to SP3 before proceeding.

2. Then if this system's NIC is integrated find the make of the motherboard or if pre-built by the likes of HP, Dell, etc. then go to the website, find the exact model and update the latest NIC/wireless/ethernet drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-freezes-bsod-on-skype-0xa-0xd1.148129/
Relevancy 50.74%

Sometimes after a long wait of slugish performance a window appears that basically says that a skype script is running should I cancel it or let it run. As soon as I cancel it the computer starts working fast or normal again. This happens even when skype is NOT running. How do I keep the script from starting in the first place? I need skype so uninstalling is not an option. But when I do not need skype , I do not want the software running any scripts of any kind, because it slows the computer to a crawl. Unfortunately the window does not appear all the time, so next time I will write down the name of the script. Sorry.

Relevancy 50.31%

Ok, im slightly stuck here, im a little sad to say.

Ive recently gone through cleaning my system, the usual 6month period, and ive found a few things. I had a word with one of the HJT team and they said the system is clean, but id still like to remove the following regardless.

I have the usual batch of AV and AS products we all use here, and none of them pick these up, but Panda on-line Scan does. Any help appreciated!
Incident Status Location

Adware:adware/ist.sidefind Not disinfected Windows Registry
Adware:adware/sqwire Not disinfected Windows Registry
Potentially unwanted tool:application/mywebsearch Not disinfected HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\ShellBrowser\{07B18EA9-A523-4961-B6BB-170DE4475CCA}
Potentially unwanted tool:application/myway Not disinfected HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\ShellBrowser\{0494D0D9-F8E0-41AD-92A3-14154ECE70AC}

A:A Few Left Overs!

The thing about adware is that every company has a different set of criteria to use to search your hard drive. Myway is a case in point, since some companies will consider some of the files adware and others will not.
If you have scanned your hard drive with several key anti-spyware applications (Ad-AwareSE, Sypbot, AVG Anti-spyware, for example), then I would not over worry about what one on-line scan has found.
Regards,
John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/78380/a-few-left-overs/
Relevancy 50.31%

Heya there bleeping forums i have a hijack log for you and it would be wonderfull if you could try and magically fix it with your vast knowledge Ok i was recently infected with some trojan - spamming on spy sherrif coolweb surfsidekick Ucmore and all sorts of other things - have installed and run about different checkers now - Xoftspy adaware avast avg :( Left Overs and recently hijackthis I tried to get rid of the main chunk of the adware with mcaffe stingers and the likes and i think avast is upholding its end with some background virus blocker something-something So i have followed your procedures the visual side has gone - no pop-ups etc but a simple ctrl alt del shows up winsysban so i know its not all gone and my poor computer Left Overs :( is strugggling along - caught in up in thick skanky ad-mud Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C windows System smss exeC windows system winlogon exeC windows system services exeC windows system lsass exeC windows system svchost exeC windows System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Stardock SDMCP exeC windows Explorer EXEC windows system spoolsv exeC Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exeC windows winsysban exeC Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr ExeC PROGRA Stardock OBJECT DesktopX desktopx exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exeC Program Files NMapWin bin nmapserv exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exeC windows System svchost exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop hijackthis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page www google comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page about blankR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http dist belnk com message offer wQTNEQzE NDA DR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhostR - Default URLSearchHook is missingO - HKLM Run zBrowser Launcher C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exeO - HKLM Run Ptipbmf rundll exe ptipbmf dll SetWriteCacheModeO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run winsysupd C windows winsysupd exeO - HKLM Run winsysban C windows winsysban exeO - HKLM Run gimmygames c gimmygames exeO - HKLM Run Microsoft Windows Session Manager Subsystem C windows smss exeO - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run Startup Manager C Documents and Settings Administrator Application Data Systweak ASO smstartUp manager exeO - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run CU C Program Files Common Files VCClient VCClient exeO - HKCU Run CU C Program Files Common Files VCClient VCMain exeO - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch htmlO - Extra context menu item amp Translate English Word - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmwordtrans htmlO - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks htmlO - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache htmlO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Similar Pages - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsimilar htmlO - Extra context menu item Translate Page into English - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmtrans htmlO - Extra button no nam... Read more

A:Left Overs :(

Hello Moffit and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. Let's start by removing an infection called l2m.Print these directions or copy/paste them into a Notepad document and save it to your desktop. Close any programs you have open since this step requires a reboot.Download l2mfix.exe and save it to your desktop.Double click l2mfix.exe to start the installation. Click the Install button to extract the files and follow the prompts.Open the newly added l2mfix folder on your desktop.Double click l2mfix.bat and select option #2 for Run Fix by typing 2 and then pressing the Enter key.Press any key to reboot your computer.After a reboot, your desktop and icons will appear, then disappear (this is normal). L2mfix will continue to scan your computer and when it's finished, Notepad will open with a log. Post that log along with any additional information as directed below.IMPORTANT: Do NOT run any other files in the l2mfix folder until you are asked to do so!Post the new L2m logs back here along with a new HijackThis log and I will review the information when it comes in.OT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43610/left-overs/
Relevancy 50.31%

I m not sure if this is the right forum topic for this problem My brother has WINS XP and we want to do video and voice conversations with our webcams through MSN Messenger He used to have an old video/voice? firewall to use and WINS turn How MSN off XP cam and his sound would not work during webcam conversations so we thought he just needed a new cam He just got a new cam Logitech Pro and he set up the audio and it all seemed to be working when he tested it However when we tried to do a video audio conversation through MSN with our webcams he still cannot transmit sound The green bar for volume does not register sound on his screen nor on my end I looked through WINS XP How to turn off firewall and use MSN video/voice? MSN Help and all I could find was that it possibly is his firewall but he can t seem to find a firewall on his computer I m using Wins but I know on WINS XP you go to control panel then Security settings and then the Firewall icon should be right there but he doesn t seem to have that window WINS XP How to turn off firewall and use MSN video/voice? on his computer and he can t find anything that says Firewall on there How can I tell him where to find the firewall options Oh I even tried shutting off my firewall but that didn t seem to help nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Does anyone know of software that is available either free or purchased that will allow a user to do Video AND voice conferencing. These free programs like MSN Messenger, YaHoo Messenger and AOL Messenger are VERY frustrationing and not realible. I would like a business program that will allow me to conference with my sales staff, where ever they might be in the world, in a more reliable manner. Thanks Dave

A:Solved: Voice & Video Conferencing Question

WOW Seems like I stumped you people? Thanks anyway Dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-voice-video-conferencing-question.236921/
Relevancy 50.31%

Any ideas here?

I have the latest Windows Messager and can message and chat and even recieve (never tried sending) file transfers. However if I try the voice chat, video chat, whiteboard or any of the shared things it won't work. Over 2 or 3 formats (for other reasons) I have only had it work once with one person.

I have the firewalls disable except for the one built into my Prestige 600 Series ADSL modem/router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-via-windows-messager-for-voice-or-video.89897/
Relevancy 50.31%

I bought a brand-new fatality gaming headset earlier. When Skype is closed, all of the PC sound comes out through the headset (gaming, videos, music ect...), however when I launch Skype.... Only the Skype call comes out through the headset - the rest of it comes through the laptop speakers as usual. I want it so both Skype & all of the other sounds (gaming,videos,music ect...) come out of the headset even while skype is active.

Extra Info***

I'm on a Pavilion DV6 and all my audio is managed through an ITD control panel.
All help will be much appreciated.

Thx

A:Getting ALL of sound to come out of headset - not just skype sound.

So strange.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-all-of-sound-to-come-out-of-headset-not-just-skype-sound.1040664/
Relevancy 50.31%

I keep getting this error message. My husband deleted the sims2 from my computer. I am now trying to reinstall it but I keep getting this message tsdata/res/sound/voice/package from media. It won't complete the install even after I click retry a million times. Does this mean I have to buy another game. Helppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tsdata-res-sound-voice-package-from-media.366365/
Relevancy 50.31%

Okay, My microphone works perfectly fine on other computers, but not on mine. Other working mics work on other computers but mine. Instead all mics do something really funky: When I transmit (say on ventrillo or in a game) it transmits my voice and the sound coming out of my headphones. But I am wearing headphones so I SHOULDN'T be transmitting my sound. Somehow it is bypassing my speakers and going into my mic. Also, my mic transmits my voice (and other sound that it shouldn't be transmitting) at a VERY low sound level, even when my transmit level is all the way turned up. Most of the time my transmissions are inaudible. What the heck is going on here and how do I fix it???

A:Mic transmits my voice and my sound.. but i'm wearing headphones!

can anyone help me out?
I have windows xp home edition if that information is useful...

*help would be very appreciated***

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mic-transmits-my-voice-and-my-sound-but-im-wearing-headphones.232188/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello. I recently purchased a lenovo laptop and when i record my vocals on the audacity program it makes my voice sound like im singing into a hollow metal barrel. My old laptop never did this at all and i really need to fix it soon because i have songs that need to be recorded and edited by the 20th of this month. Im thinking that its the sound card but i didnt think it would make that much of a difference. if theres nothing to fix this i think im gunna have to return this laptop and get a different one. If anyone can help PLEAASSE HELP ME!

A:Microphone make my voice sound different on my new laptop.Why?

Just a couple of ideas which I hope will help.

From what you have described it sounds like you have the reverb too high. On the other hand if it is not that then you should check the laptop speakers are muted when recording.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microphone-make-my-voice-sound-different-on-my-new-laptop-why.163643/
Relevancy 50.31%

Today after returning home from school, switching on the PC and turning on Aion. ( Sort of Irrelevant ) I logged into vent, and was unable to hear everybody due to muffled / robot like voices they had. My voice was clear to them. And all other sound on my computer was fine. It seems it is only my voice receiving that is awkward. Any ideas what this could be? - Drivers are all up to date.

Sound blaster x-fi Sound card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/muffled-robotic-sound-when-voice-recieving.866255/
Relevancy 50.31%

I bought a custom PC recently and I'm facing this problem since then The RAM which they provided gave BSODs I replaced it with a new RAM module The weird thing is that now there are no more BSODs but system freezes and hangs when I browse internet play games watch movies I couldn't really identify a pattern I've not yet tested the new RAM with Memtest I also tried the same activities in a Linux environemnt Linux Mint and everything works fine out there No freezes or lock ups During a freeze Mouse and Keyboard won't work CTRL ALT DEL won't help either The only way to PC randomly freezes Skype) (games, 7 Internet, Windows get out of it is to hold down the power button or hitting the reset button The drivers that came with PC are not compatible with Windows 7 PC freezes randomly (games, Internet, Skype) Windows I Windows 7 PC freezes randomly (games, Internet, Skype) tried Driver Genius and installed NVidia drivers Here is the detailed system information Code -------------------------------------- Summary -------------------------------------- Computer Brand Name Hewlett-Packard Napa Operating System Microsoft Windows Ultimate Build Service Pack Service Pack Processor Intel Core Duo E MHz Motherboard FOXCONN Napa nVidia nForce i MCP PV Memory GBytes Hard Drive Hitachi HCT SLA MBytes GB Optical Drive HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH NSB DVD R DL Display Adapter nVIDIA Windows 7 PC freezes randomly (games, Internet, Skype) GeForce nForce i MCP PV Hewlett-Packard Audio Adapter nVIDIA MCP - High Definition Audio Controller Network Adapter nVIDIA MCP - LAN Controller Monitor LG B -------------------------------------- Processor -------------------------------------- CPU ID FB Code Name Conroe- M CPU Stepping G CPU Platform LGA FC-LGA Microcode Update Revision B Core s Thread s Original Frequency MHz Current Frequency MHz x MHz V CPU Core Temperature N A L Cache Instruction KBytes Data KBytes L Cache Integrated MBytes CPU Thermal Design Power W -------------------------------------- Motherboard -------------------------------------- Model FOXCONN Napa Chipset nVidia nForce - i MCP PV Slots xPCI xPCI Express x xPCI Express x PCI Express Version Supported v USB Version Supported v Super IO LPC Chip ITE IT F BIOS Manufacturer Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Hewlett-Packard BIOS Date BIOS Version -------------------------------------- Memory -------------------------------------- Module Number Module Size MBytes Memory Type DDR -SDRAM Memory Speed MHz PC - Module Manufacturer Unknown Error Check Correction None Number Of Banks Number Of Ranks Supported CAS Latencies Min RAS-to-CAS Delay ns Min Row Precharge Time ns Min RAS Pulse Width ns Supported Module Timing at MHz - - - Supported Module Timing at MHz - - - Supported Module Timing at MHz - - - Min Row-Activate To Row-Activate Delay ns Write Recovery Time ns Internal write to read command delay ns Internal read to precharge command delay ns Minimum Activate to Activate Refresh Time ns Minimum Refresh to Activate Refresh Command Period ns Address and Command Setup Time Before Clock ns Address and Command Setup Time After Clock ns Data Input Setup Time Before Strobe ns Data Input Setup Time After Strobe ns -------------------------------------- Hard Drive -------------------------------------- Drive Model Hitachi HCT SLA Drive Controller Serial ATA Gb s Drive Serial Number STF L MS RWLMK Firmware Revision ST OA E Drive Capacity MBytes GB Media Rotation Rate RPM Temperature N A Cache Buffer Size KBytes Number of Cylinders Number of Heads Number of Sectors Unknown Sectors Per Track Native Command Queuing Supported Max Depth TRIM Command Not Supported Write Cache Present Active S M A R T Feature Present Active Security Feature Present Inactive Removable Media Feature Not Present Disabled Power Management Present Active Advanced Power Management Present Inactive Packet Interface Not Present Disabled Look-Ahead Buffer Present Active Host Protected Area Present Enabled Power-Up In Standby Supported Inactive Automati... Read more

A:Windows 7 PC freezes randomly (games, Internet, Skype)

Win7 is a driver-complete OS for the most part. Driver finders are only necessary in rare cases where no driver can be found by search of Hardware Identification.

Enable Automatically deliver drivers via Windows Update (Step 3) and then run all rounds of Important and Optional Updates, with reboots, until no more are offered when you Check for Updates. There may also be important performance patches which affect your issues.

Then work through the Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7, reporting back as you go. Include the hardware tests.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/320985-windows-7-pc-freezes-randomly-games-internet-skype.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello After I log in facebook for some seconds my laptop start to freeze I can still move my mouse or press ctrl alt del but after some seconds it's completely freezes and I cannot do anything but to press the power button This happens it opening or freezes after My youtube facebook, skype laptop all browsers I tried Chrome Firefox and IE The problem also happens when My laptop freezes after opening facebook, youtube or skype entering youtube Also when My laptop freezes after opening facebook, youtube or skype logging in My laptop freezes after opening facebook, youtube or skype skype the exact same problem happens Other websites or programs work perfectly fine The problem occured a week ago The last program I install today is skype but maybe not relevant to the problem And I 'guess' the cause is from installing itunes on my computer last week but not sure if it's the real cause I now uninstall it but the problem still happens I tried to find the solutions but nothing works so far disable Adobe Flash Player via Chrome plugins install the latest version of Flash Player scan virus by malwarebyte My labtop details Dell Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz GHz RAM GB -bit Operating System Thank you in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/384262-my-laptop-freezes-after-opening-facebook-youtube-skype.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have been having consistent trouble with windows freezing browsers crashing shockwave crashing and especially anything crash, crash Freezing, browsers video multiple video related crashing When it crashes it freezes my entire computer forcing me to hard reboot I have uninstalled and reinstalled browsers and programs to no avail The latest attempt was running Kapersky Avast Spybot Hijack CCleaner fixing registry Freezing, video crash, multiple browsers crash problems Freezing, video crash, multiple browsers crash and wiping free space drive defragging uninstalling programs down to bare bones essentials Ran Kapersky - found nothing Avast - found nothing Hijack this found all kinds of stuff that I didn t know what to do with and wouldn t give me a log Spybot S amp D - problems fixed Ccleaner download registry I uninstalled and installed adobe flash which is what keeps crashing defragged uninstalled half of my programs wiped drives with ccleaner Ran everything again Spybot found more to fix which Freezing, video crash, multiple browsers crash it did I then Rebooted in safe mode and was able to save a log for HiJack this time I followed the suggested Preparation Guide here After running GMER scan is says quot Hasn t found any system modification quot The ark txt log was blank Services Registry Files and C were the only boxes it allowed me to checkmark Everything else was greyed out Below is a copy of the Hijack log that I was able to get after rebooting in Safe Mode and the DDS file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode Running processes C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run PDVDDXSrv quot C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe quot O - HKLM Run Dell Webcam Central quot C Program Files x Dell Webcam Dell Webcam Central WebcamDell exe quot mode O - HKLM Run Desktop Disc Tool quot c Program Files x Roxio Roxio Burn RoxioBurnLauncher exe quot O - HKLM Run avast quot C Program Files Alwil Software Avast avastUI exe quot nogui O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKCU Run RESTART STICKY NOTES C WINDOWS System StikyNot exe O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User NETWORK SERVICE O - DEFAULT User Startup Dell Dock First Run lnk C Program Files Dell DellDock DellDock exe User Default user O - Startup Dell Dock lnk C Program Files Dell DellDock DellDock exe O - Extra button C Program Files x Windows Live Writer Windo... Read more

A:Freezing, video crash, multiple browsers crash

Hello, my name is Elise and I'll assist you with this issue.

First of all, can you tell me what makes you think this is malware related?
Have you tried to uninstall/reinstall Video Card drivers?
Can you test if you have the same problems in Safe Mode with Networking?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/440660/freezing-video-crash-multiple-browsers-crash/
Relevancy 49.88%

Okay. I have tired the Hi Jack, Ad Awear and umpteen differnt ones to re move the spy wear. now I get this green box showing up when i am suffering the net. Please if anyone has advice please please let me know. Thanks. Shay

Relevancy 49.88%

Okay recently I was infected with the Blaster Worm Both my laptop and desktop became seriously ill and I was forced Overs... Left Blaster to reformat both Before the problem escalated to the point where I felt nothing more could be done on my desktop at least my laptop would crash after being booted up for a few minutes I went to Trend Micro and scanned my computer it showed that there was indeed a worm on my system but it could not be fixed only deleted so I did this in hopes that it would rid me of my problems It didn t Now after a reformat my laptop seems to work fine yet my desktop is practically unusable online for it Blaster Left Overs... lags horrendously though it only seems to do it in the after noon and such not in the morning but only while online I Ran Symantec s Blaster detector but it found nothing I also downloaded and installed the Windows patch for the security flaw but nothing seems to have been fixed Whether this flaw is being caused by traces of the worm or not I do not know but here is my HijackThis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT System nvsvc exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system wins DLLHOST EXE C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT system stisvc exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C winnt system regsrv exe C WINNT system RUNDLL EXE C WINNT SOUNDMAN EXE C WINNT system wins svchost exe C PROGRA WINZIP winzip exe C DOCUME ADMINI LOCALS Temp HIJACK EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www crazyhorse-tattoo com vega html O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar msdxmLC dll email protected amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE NvQTwk NvCplDaemon initialize O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run System Profile c winnt system regsrv exe O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item Backward amp Links - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Cac amp hed Snapshot of Page - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache html O - Extra context menu item Si amp milar Pages - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmsimilar html O - Extra context menu item Translate Page - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmtrans html O - Extra button Related HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Show amp Related Links HKLM O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - DPF F C AA- B- -BA - A BB F Update Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft com CAB x unicode iuctl CAB Any help would be much appreciated nbsp

A:Blaster Left Overs...

Hi Morari, and welcome to TSG,

You've got the Nachi worm.

Go to here and run the online virus scan as per the instructions. That should sort you out.

For all the info on security patches to block reinfection go to http://kb.trendmicro.com/solutions/solutionDetail.asp?solutionID=16024

Apart from that (the two identifiers being C:\WINNT\system32\wins\DLLHOST.EXEwins and C:\WINNT\system32\wins\svchost.exe) you have a clean log.

Let us know how it goes..

Cheers

Liam

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blaster-left-overs.161309/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a question concerning the v voice modem and call waiting I m on dialup and discovered that when I have an incoming call a window will pop up telling me who s calling and asking if I want to modem/call waiting/ adding voice sound? v.92 disconect and take the call I think this is really great but there s no sound with it If I m on the phone and there s an incoming call waiting I get an annoying beep So with no sound this feature isn v.92 voice modem/call waiting/ adding sound? t much help unless I m right here looking at the screen Is v.92 voice modem/call waiting/ adding sound? there any way to add sound to this to get my attention or is there a call log I can check to see if I ve had any recent calls I can t find this quot program quot on the computer anywhere I just see the window pop up I m on a Gateway with Windows Home XP Any advice would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/v-92-voice-modem-call-waiting-adding-sound.141624/
Relevancy 49.88%

When playing games I would like to be able to hear the game sounds come from my speakers and my voice communications with my friends coming through my USB headset, like Xbox Live. I'm running Windows 7 with an Asus Xonar DX and for the life of me can't figure out how to do this. Is it possible to do natively in Windows 7? Is it program specific? It seems odd that my thousand dollar computer can't do what my hundred dollar Xbox does.

A:How can I split my audio? Voice through my headset, sound through my speakers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-i-split-my-audio-voice-through-my-headset-sound-through-my-speakers.1029021/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello I have a very odd problem Whenever I try to use voice communications It doesn't matter if it's ingame voice comms or a rd party such as TS or discord and play a game any game the sound quality becomes unbearable when someone ISN'T talking The audio stutters and chops to the point the comms voice at and Sound issue gaming using same when time. where the game becomes unplayable If someone talks the sound goes back to normal for about seconds after they quit talking This also happens occasionally when a video is playing in the background of the game Sound issue when using voice comms and gaming at the same time. However it's not a guarantee to occur in this case I should note the game audio is fine UNTIL they start Sound issue when using voice comms and gaming at the same time. talking Once they quit talking it's about seconds before the Sound issue when using voice comms and gaming at the same time. audio becomes choppy The FPS and visual quality of the game aren't effected at all This is purely audio This started happening once I upgraded to a wireless headset I use a Logitech G gaming headset I've had this problem before I got the free upgrade to windows My PC was win when purchased A friend of mine who is pretty savvy with computers tried to help me fix this He teamviewed me and could also hear the problem which leads me to believe it's not my headset but my PC If he was unable to hear the choppy audio that would mean it's localized to my headset He then suggested that it may be my audio drivers I currently have things listed under my sound video and game controllers under the devices manager AMD High Definition Audio Device Logitech G Gaming Headset and VIA HD Audio Win He suggested I use Realtek audio drivers This also proved a problem I have tried SEVERAL times to install Realtek but it doesn't get installed on my PC once it prompts me to restart my system to finalize the installation I have never experienced this before with any installation in the past I am at my wit's end and this problem is becoming more and more prevalent In the past I was able to use ingame voice comms without this problem but recently that has changed too I am getting incredibly frustrated by this Please halp I'm sorry I can't really add a TL DR This problem is so complex and hard to explain that it makes googling this stuff pretty hard

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/629085/sound-issue-when-using-voice-comms-and-gaming-at-the-same-time/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello All:

I am using the latest version of skype and when trying to use video, I get the error that says it can't start the video renderer...

I see the cam light go on as if it is trying to work, but skype does not see it. If I use the video calling feature in GMAIL, it works perfect...skype is the only one who can't.

I am using version 9.0c of DIRECTX onb my system..

Any ideas on how to correct this?

Scott

Relevancy 49.45%

My sister and I recently installed Logitech QuickCam S550 and downloaded Skype. We are able to hear each other but a Video Call fails. something about camera in use. We see the black screen with rotating circle which quickly disappears.jLogitech help did not solve the problem just a repitition of a help instruction. We both have Vista Home Premium Sp1. Has anyone solved a similar problem. We would appreciate a solution. Thanks, GordonHS

A:Skype no video

To answer my own question; We started the Logitech Webcam first. We should have started the Skype program and clicked "Start Video". Now, all is well. GordonHS

http://www.vistax64.com/software/259323-skype-no-video.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hei There!

Problem:
I bought the Steelseries 7h Headphones with a USB soundcard. However, When using the USB soundcard and skype, as soon skype makes a sound ( a blip sound from a pop-up or a person speaking [only when someone is speaking or making lauod nise]) it reduces all other sounds for that time. Now, I have set the windows sound communication-settnings to do nothing when someone calls me.

This is very irritating since i almost talk to ppl on skype all times and at the same time listening to music, and when that music volyme is going up and down is incredably annoing. It does it with WMP, Spotify and iTunes and all other applications.

Thanks in advice :)

A:Sound and Skype

I think this is how you do it :

Rightclick on audio icon in tray (or audio in cp)

Click on playback devices, right-click on the device you are using, go to the advanced tab, and untick 'allow programs to take blah blah blah'

That should do it.

Also, make sure to download the program for the usb drive :D www.steelseries.com/downloads

Bought siberia v2 usb and didn't know this.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sound-and-skype-510872.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi! I have a problem with a skype. I can hear well the person who is calling me but another side cant hear me well there is lots of interruptions and he cant even understand what im saying (( please help! Thank you very much!Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/343747/skype-bad-sound/
Relevancy 49.45%

Ok I installed Skype so my Grandson and I could talk while playing GW2 and now I have no sound other than through Skype.
I am running win 7 on dell studio xps never had any problens with sound befor and now can only hear sound when talking to Grandson or running Skype test. Any Ideas

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-with-skype.1114221/