Windows Support Forum

Cannot Connect To Gmail/facebook/itunes Music Store Or Software Server/ftp

Q: Cannot Connect To Gmail/facebook/itunes Music Store Or Software Server/ftp

For about a week now I have not been able to connect to Gmail/Facebook/iTunes Music Store or software server/FTP.

I've tried IE, Mozilla, Opera...all cannot connect

I've released/renewed my IP.

I've run Ad Aware

I tried running Spybot but couldn't access their update server to search and destroy

I tried the computer in a different location to see if there was something wrong with my ISP and it still doesn't work.

Please help

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Cannot Connect To Gmail/facebook/itunes Music Store Or Software Server/ftp

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Cannot Connect To Gmail/facebook/itunes Music Store Or Software Server/ftp

There could be a number of issues :- Did you ever run antivirus scans? Please try Panda online scan and after that Ewido and post back results.- What are your firewall settings and which firewall do you use?
Relevancy 30.1%

Just to start off I am COMPLETELY clueless and have no tech savvy whatsoever so simple language would be appreciated I ve owned this laptop for a little over a year and all this time I ve been able to connect to Wifi without a problem This morning the icon at the bottom left of but Laptop with Ethernet will Wifi, won't cord an to My connect connect the screen told me there was no Internet connection available when I troubleshot it it suggested using the Ethernet cord to connect The Ethernet cord connects them fine and the internet connection becomes available but I m still unable to use the Wifi This is an issue with my laptop because all the other devices My Laptop won't connect to Wifi, but will connect with an Ethernet cord in my house are able to connect to the Wifi and the modem is showing all the appropriate lights and such I ve tried turning it off and on again but alas this once that method has failed I ve also tried resetting the modem and it made no difference Last night I was uninstalling various programs that I didn t need and that s the only thing I ve done differently to my usual computing habits I don t think I removed anything unless I knew what it was but it s possible I accidently removed something important I don t know if that has any relevance or not but it s all I can think of as the reason for this My laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio and the system I use is Windows My modem is Telstra Bigpond Please help D nbsp

A:My Laptop won't connect to Wifi, but will connect with an Ethernet cord

How far from the router are you? I experience the same thing occasionally on my laptop.
I usually have to switch the wifi switch off on the laptop & on then I reboot & I'm back online. My laptop & tower are both about 50' away & on the lower floor where the router is. Good luck.
Relevancy 41.71%

I have been working on setting up a Minecraft server for a couple of days now and I cannot find a way to get my friends outside of my network to connect connect my to can't My server friends Minecraft I know I gave them the right IP address and I have tried several solutions with no luck I can however connect to the server from other computers connected to the same router but I think that only works when I have it set My friends can't connect to my Minecraft server to quot cracked quot mode I tried disabling my firewall on both my host computer and my router using a different computer as the server host and changing the port All solutions I have tried gave the same message to my friends quot Cannot reach server quot My friends can't connect to my Minecraft server when I was able to connect just fine Here is some possibly useful information Host computer It s not the best -OS Windows XP Professional SP -Processor Intel Pentium GHz uni-core -RAM MB -IP Address Minecraft Server -Version jar Router -Type Wired Wireless -Brand Cisco -Model Linksys E -IP Address -Router Information Firmware Version build Apr Firmware Verification e c b ec c b c ceb Current Time Fri Jan Internet MAC Address FC CB -Internet Connection Connection Type Automatic Configuration - DHCP Internet IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS DNS DNS MTU DHCP Lease Time Hour If there is My friends can't connect to my Minecraft server any other information you need please tell me nbsp

A:My friends can't connect to my Minecraft server

You need to forward some ports (router settings) and then open incoming port in your firewall (OS settings). Start here.
Relevancy 19.78%

When I try and access the internet through any of the main browsers (I.e. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari) they tell me along the lines of 'unable to access the network' and 'this page can't be displayed' after taking a while attempting to load. I also cannot access it through any of my Windows 8 apps. I know it's not an issue with the home broadband itself and is something to do with my laptop as it is running fine both wirelessly and through using an Ethernet cable on all other devices. I would really appreciate some help with trying to fix this asap as I have spent a lot of time researching this issue and trying most things to resolve it without success, I also need to use the internet for loads of coursework over the summer hols and cannot afford to be taking it to a pricey IT technician. Please helppp

A:My laptop cannot connect to the internet, even though wireless and ethernet are working

Take a look at the file
\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts​there MUST be at least a line reading LOCALHOST
but the question is there anything other than comments in it?
If so, leave the comments and the localhost line and delete everything else.

If you modify the hosts file, then you also need to

ipconfig /flushdns
net stop "dns client"
net start "dns client"
Relevancy 19.78%

I recently used a program Autoruns,, and deleted some startup things I shouldn't have.. Since then I cant connect to internet, the troubleshooter for wireless adapter says the Windows wireless service is not running on this computer (WLAN Autoconfig service) and fails to start the service.
I notice on windows task manager there are only about 13 Processes running and there are usually about 20, and on Services there are about 40 running and about 100 or more stopped services. Thanks for the help

Also on startup now I have a pop up on bottom saying, Failed to connect to a windows service. Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond. And the startup and logon time is really long now

A:Windows 7 can't connect to internet through Wifi or ethernet cable

Sounds like you deleted the network drivers, I did this once and ill be honest unless someone here knows a trick, or you have a CD with drivers you are going to have to have a hell of a time unless you know the name of the hardware and download the right driver, thats my guess. best of luck
Relevancy 20.21%

I'm trying to connect my PC and my Asus Zenfone 2 with Bluetooth. When I use the "add a device" wizard on Windows 8.1, my mobile phone is detected, but when I try to add it I get: "Windows doesn't have a network profile for this device".

Also, when I try to detect my computer with my mobile phone, itīs not detected.

I'm using a Trust USB 2.0 dongle Bluetooth adapter (the little one you insert on the usb port) that came with a keyboard and mouse Bluetooth set that I used. Could that dongle be designed only for the bluetooth keyboard and mouse set?

A:I cannot connect my phone to my PC (Windows 8.1) with Bluetooth

The Bluetooth device seems fine as it already detected your keyboard and mouse. However, your phone seems not supported with the current Bluetooth device and you might need to take another look.
Relevancy 20.21%

So about a few weeks ago (not exactly sure when it started) my computer stopped allowing me to access certain websites. It started out with only a few, but now it is almost 50-80% not connecting. I do not think it is a problem with my browser. I typically use Firefox, but IE will connect to the same ones Firefox allows, and will also not connect to the same websites Firefox will not allow.

I have searched these forums for a couple of hours now and nothing seems to fit my exact problem, and I am hesitant to use the solutions from other forums because it might further hurt my system. I am not tech-savvy/computer literate to say the least, and I would need a thorough walk-through on how to diagnose the problem, as well as how to fix it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Unable to connect to most websites -- not a browser problem

How are you not allowed to view the website? Does the page show "The page cannot be displayed"? or you are not authorized or something else?

Try running cmd.exe, type "ipconfig /flushdns" without quotes.
Relevancy 19.78%

So I have 2 images from the Device manager.
The driver has a Yellow caution sign with "!" inside it.

My issues:
Cannot Connect to wireless, But can connect via Ethernet Cable.

My troubleshooter said the drive couldn't start, and that I needed a Wireless Cable to plugin to the computer.

This is my school computer, my help desk helped before but they are out of office because its summer break.

Device Manager > Components > Problem Devices
Atheros AR5B97 Wireless Network Adapter PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002E&SUBSYS_E034105B&REV_01\4&124A40C8&0&00E1 This device cannot start.
Also 2 things.
I tried disabling my Bluetooth High Speed, it did nothing.
I do not know if this is the right thread, because this is my first post, if there is anymore information you need to know please contact me.

A:Atheros AR5B97 driver not letting me connect to wireless

Hi and welcome to the boards.

How old is this system? Sometimes the wireless card will fail and a new one can be installed.

However, you can upload and install the latest wireless network driver for your system via ethernet cable. Sometimes that is all you need. If it is a built system like a Dell then go to the manufacture's website if this was a system that was built by yourself or someone else then go to the motherboard's website.

Please keep us updated.
Relevancy 21.5%

A few months ago I made a minecraft server and it worked perfectly. Today I tried to join with external ip and it didnt work but I could before.Is it something important? Is my server working? Is it the router's problem?
I would appreciate any help as soon as possible

Btw my ip is

A:Minecraft Server Problem

@ 13:50 PDT I can not ping that IP from Southern Calif.
Relevancy 20.64%

My windows 7 laptop can connect to the internet, but unable to browse.

I can ping with zero loss
when I type ipconfig I am seeing my IP address

I have 4 other computers connected to the internet at home here no issues, it is just this one computer.

I have tried multiple browsers. I have tried both wired and wireless I even copied a chrome installer exe from a usb drive to the computer and ran it. When I double clicked the exe it WAS able to download the chrome software and install it, so I am definitely connected to the internet. But if I try and open a website, chrome says ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED.

I.E. and firefox as well, no connection.

Thank you for your help in advance!

A:Can connect but can't browse internet

Update, I am able to browse in safe mode with network... but unable to in normal mode.
Relevancy 20.21%

Alright I ll make it short but informative I can t connect cable able internet Only via to ethernet to connect to the internet without an ethernet cable I have tried pressing the laptop s quot WiFi quot button but nothing has happened The light didn t even change I have tried Only able to connect to internet via ethernet cable rebooting and going into BIOS to see Only able to connect to internet via ethernet cable if there was on option there nothing I Only able to connect to internet via ethernet cable have tried going into Device Manager and under quot Network Cards quot I got options I believe I had options though now I have only first I tried to deactivate it and the reactivate it but that just made it not work at all and when I got home and got my connection back I tried to update the drivers which is when I noticed I only had because I was at school when all showed up so I didn t have connection to update them but it just said that they were all up to date I have tried using the windows recovering tool to go back before the problem occurred Though I did get an error the first time due to my AVG being up so it couldn t complete but after that I tried doing it again with AVG off but the situation didn t change and I know the problem isn t with the router as the problem occurs with different WiFi s In the beginning it would only say quot can t connect to the internet quot over and over again but now it won t even show the available WiFi networks in the area Any help is much appreciated nbsp

A:Only able to connect to internet via ethernet cable

Any suggestions at all? if you require more information in order to come up with a solution, just tell me what you need an ill try my best to figure it out
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello I need to connect power/reset buttons to dell optiplex 620, but I just can't connect them anywhere on motherboard.

I need help as fast as possible

Thank you
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi there,

The laptop I have is an asus P550C, windows 7.

This laptop came pre-installed with Mcafee Antivirus protection for a limited amount of time. Wifi was working perfectly fine although there were occasions where the connection would disconnect by itself. After the free-trial ended, I did not want to buy the packaged they were advertising so I went to my Control Panel and uninstalled Mcafee. This was when the problem started to occur. The internet access icon had a red x and when I went to diagnose the problem, it said that I needed to connect via an ethernet cable. Since then, I have connected it with an ethernet and internet works and I have also installed AVG's free antivirus software.

I have tried to
type: ipconfig /flushdns
type: nbtstat -R
type: netsh int reset all
type: netsh int ip reset
type: netsh winsock reset

But I still cannot connect via wifi. Please help

A:Wifi has stopped working but still able to connect to internet via ethernet cable

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : jay-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . :

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 54-35-30-05-36-68
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::9dfa:dcc6:3d3b:ae86%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . :
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . :
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : March-27-15 4:14:52 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : March-28-15 4:14:52 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . :
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 247262843
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-1A-51-D7-D4-BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . :
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter isatap.{A9DA0935-EE1F-4A59-8A97-DDA13A7DFFEA}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:90d7:2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b(Pref
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b%14(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

Relevancy 19.78%

A while ago, after accidentally opening the Store app, Windows forced me to restart to install Windows 8.1, which I was unable to weeks before because of driver issues. I didn't need Windows 8.1 yet, so I didn't download it before then.

However, during the installation, it failed (again) due to either my antivirus or the aforementioned driver issues. Upon logging back in, my computer was unable to find any WiFi networks. Seeing as I live in the middle of a densely populated city, this isn't possible. Plugging in an ethernet cord still works, so no issues with that adapter or my home internet. I checked all the drivers for my WiFi adapter, and my Ethernet adapter, and both are up to date and display as working properly. Restarting several times didn't seem to fix this issue, and using system restore didn't seem to work either. I used the Troubleshooting tool, and that didn't give my any helpful advice or answers, so I got nothing.

What can I do to fix this issue?

For reference, I have a Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter, Driver Version, and a Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller, Driver Version

A:Unable to connect to WiFi after failed Windows 8.1 update

Never mind, it seems to have resolved itself overnight after I put it to sleep for several hours.
Relevancy 20.21%

Whenever I connect my external hard disk to my laptop, my computer freezes as soon as I My Computer to access it or click on 'Open to view files' in the autorun menu. I cannot do once this happens. Not even task manager can be opened. The computer unfreezes and starts working fine after I unplug my hard disk. But it works just fine on my friend's laptop.
This started happening a few days ago. Till then I could use the hard disk normally without any problems. Can anyone please help me out with this problem?
My operating system is windows 7 and I am using Avast Internet Security 7 antivirus

A:My laptop freezes when I connect an external HDD

What type of external HDD is it? Of what Brand?
Relevancy 21.5%

Hello everyone
so I have gameserer hosting website
and all my server I rent them from some website
now I have 2 server in my home but I will sell it
and I want to buy new one
but I don't know what is the beast part I have to get it ?
should I get E5 or E3 ? and 1cpu or 2cpu ?
I will host on it some game and its MineCraft and some other game from valve
the other game from valve is
Counter 1.6,scours,go
Garry's mod
Team Fortress 2

so what is the largest server can I have so I can host as many as I can on it ? and about the price I don't care to much on it so if you can just give me something good
I think I will host at less 20-30 servers on it

so what can you advise me ?

A:Bulid servers for Game-Server

Well I would do some researching on what people use for their servers because I don't have much knowledge personally on game servers. What I can provide though is insight on how the parts differ.

A Xeon E5 is based on a completely server-oriented architecture while the E3 is supposedly just a more high-quality binned i7.

I would read up more on server hosting requirements/what is best more in depth than I did below, but the consensus seems to be that the E3 or E5 is fine with lots of RAM. Keep in mind, the E5 can have twice as much RAM as the E3. Another thing to keep in mind is whether the game is multi-threaded or single threaded and the tick-rate of the server. If you have more players and the game is multi-threaded (Minecraft isn't for example if I am not mistaken), then go for the E5 just to be safe.

I was researching online about the CS:GO server requirements and came across this forum post and they linked to this dedicated server wiki page. Since Garry's Mod, CS:GO, and TF2 run on the same engine, the requirements should technically be the same. Minecraft isn't really too demanding either so you should be fine basing the server on Source games. Here are the requirements for a Minecraft server. It seems to me like the servers don't need much horsepower.

Here is another useful forum thread that will provide the best insight.
Relevancy 20.64%

I have been having a problem on several devices conecting to my WiFi router saying there is a problem with Authentication. I have just relised that if I disconect the ethernet cable from my desktop computer to the router the WiFi works without porblems and as soon as I reconnect it I cant connect to the WiFi anymore. I using windows 8.1.

Any suggestions?

A:Can't connect to WiFi when LAN connected.

What is the make and model of your WiFi router? It sounds like a setting is enabled within the router that is giving precedent to your Ethernet connection over your wifi connections.
Relevancy 21.5%

I am deeply sorry to post this silly question but here is my problem:
Recently I made my mc server, I port-forwarded the 25565 port and my friends joined and the server worked perfectly. Then all of a sudden, they disconnected all at once. After some investigation I realized that my external ip adress had changed. I kept giving my friends the new ip adresses every time they changed but that seemed like not the best solution. Also I checked and my ips are static. I have some screenshots containing the problems and info here.

I used PortForward Network Utilities to make the ips static and every one is static and the external ip keeps changing. Is there a way to stop the external ip from changing or no?
P.s. DHCP is not enabled on LAN.
Sry for my derpy tech language if you don't understand anything just ask

A:My friends get disconnected to my Minecraft server

Okay, that is a legit issue. Your external IP address is provided by your Internet Service Provider. It seems as if they either have it set to switch IP addresses constantly, or they're doing that just to you to prevent you using a server unless you pay more money for a static IP. My local provider refreshes my IP very rarely, but I have had it happen in the past and it did confuse me for a bit. Call up your ISP about the problem, and see if you can figure out a way to stop it. I wouldn't imagine it adding too much more to your internet bill, but I honestly don't know.
Relevancy 20.21%

I remember some time ago I found a option which made my computer connect itself to the internet but now I cant find it.Help?

A:Have to manually connect to the internet on startup

Make and Model of computer? What Operating System are you using?
Relevancy 21.5%

I'm curious if there is any open source proxy-server-like software out there that I can use to accelerate web surfing. Amazon's Silk browser/platform for the Kindle, and Opera Mini do this for mobile clients; I'm mostly thinking about setting this up for laptop / desktop clients, so I'm not so interested in having a server render a webpage.

My setup is this: I have a few clients (my computers), on a high-latency internet connection. I have access to a relatively private server, which has an extremely fast internet connection.

Would setting up a proxy server on the server [machine] actually help connection speeds? I imagine things like Silk and Opera Mini compress data (don't send the same thing twice), and reduce the # of HTTP requests (for images, etc.). Would something like squid actually have the same effect? It seems to be targeted at the slow-website-server scenario.
Relevancy 20.21%

About or months ago I switched to a new internet provider whom also sent me a new modem Problem is is that To My Party Modem How 3rd To Connect Provider's New My Service? this new modem prevents my burglar alarm s dial out alert system from contacting my nominated phone numbers during an activation test If I turn off the modem there is no problem the alarm works perfectly This would be fine except that my brother in law lives next door and uses my internet connection so it is inconvenient if I m away and have to switch the modem off to have the alarm fully functional Prior to the provider change over I was using a rd party TP-Link TD-W ND modem with my prior service provider This modem caused no problems at all with the function of the burglar alarm when left on Therefore I would like to use the TP-Link modem again but I can t get it to work on the new service From memory the modem that was supplied by the new provider was basically plug and play and all I did was just cable it in and there was no keyboard work required This is why I don t know why the TP modem doesn t work since I didn t change anything Evidently there are some How To Connect My 3rd Party Modem To My New Provider's Service? configurations that do need altering but I haven t got a clue Any help or ideas Tom nbsp

A:How To Connect My 3rd Party Modem To My New Provider's Service?

Hello there, You need to apply the appropriate ADSL and network settings on the modem so it can connect to your new provider's network. The ISP support should provide those. Hope you get it up and running soon.
Relevancy 21.5%

I am trying to set up my Windows Xp computer as a VPN server I have taken the initial steps I get to the Accept Xp setup VPN hanging server Windows incoming connections screen and click okay The computer hangs for about a minute or so and then comes up with the following message Incoming connections depend on Routing and Remote access Windows Xp VPN server setup hanging service which was unable to start For more information check the system event log I presumed I had to go to control panel performance and maintenance Administrative Tools Event viewer I have already made sure that Routing and Remote access are enabled as well as Telephony I could not find Netbios in the services list and don t know where to Windows Xp VPN server setup hanging look for it Also when I try to start Routing and Remote access service manually I get the following message Windows could not start Routing and Remote access on local computer For more information review the System Event Log If this is a non-Microsoft service contact the service vendor and refer to the service specific error code- Can some one give me a step by step walk through of how to resolve this issue so I can connect to that computer from work over the internet nbsp
Relevancy 21.5%

Every time I shut down my Inspiron 15 using windows 8.1 when I boot back up I get an error message proxy server not responding when I try to go online. I then have to go to the connections tab of internet options and click lan settings and uncheck use proxy server for your lan. Is there something I can do to get around having to do this every time I boot up?

A:Proxy server not responding

Never mind, I researched microsoft's website and reset ie settings to solve the problem,
Relevancy 20.21%

This all started after I reset the router putting in new pass code I m using same name of the old SSID When you click to Windows SSID was to unable connect on the wireless network connection on the name of my SSID on connect it saying Getting information from SSID this sounds like Windows was unable to connect to SSID good thing that windows can see the router and talk to it Type in the network key same thing looks like windows can see the router and talk Windows was unable to connect to SSID to it I type in the network key and OK Than it is saying windows was unable to connect to SSID name I have set up other computers and it can connect but this one computer running windows cannot I have the pass code down on paper and other computers can connect So wrong pass code is not the case The only thing I can think of is is computers using the old profile or my network card may need to be reset When I open networking sharing center and click on manage wireless networks I removed the old profiles in the list But I m not sure if there is still some kind of conflict or the old setting still there some where Well because I m using the same SSID despite the router reset and new pass code I m not sure why I cannot connect unless Windows was unable to connect to SSID the windows thinks I m connecting to the old SSID I tried to restart the computer and no change nbsp

A:Windows was unable to connect to SSID

Force the system to forget that SSD and then reboot.
Now look for it again and enter the passphrase.
Relevancy 19.78%

I have a Windows 7 HP desktop system that is connected to the internet via an ethernet cable. The system says it is connected, and a ping confirms it is accessing the internet. BUT, all the browsers say the computer is not connected to the internet (tried Chrome, Firefox and IE). All of the Microsoft network adapters (6to4, ISATAP adapter, ISATAP adapter #2, Teredo Tunneling Adapter) shown under device manager cannot start (Code 10). the Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller is the only network adapter shown as working properly. What do I need to do to fix this? Let me know if there is any other information needed to help me.

A:Windows 7 computer says connect via ethernet and ping confirms but cannot get to any page

Does your router see this computer on the network?
Are you on Private Network or Home Network?
Is the IP address showing 192.168.x.x or is it showing 169.xx.xx.xx?

NIC network card you can do a few things. You can can disable it and re-able it.
Open dos prompt
type: ipconfig /flushdns
type: ipconfig /release
type: ipconfig /renew

Give this a sec or two.

Now under services.msc (use the control panel and type services)
Select view local services
Scroll down for
DHCP Client (right click and stop it) wait then right click and start it
DNS Client (right click and stop it) wait then right click and start it

If none of the above work go into the device manager. under control panel type: device manager. click on device manager

-Network adapters
-Realtek PCI-e this one uninstall the drivers (BUT DO NOT DELETE THEM)

Two options here.
One: Scan computer for new hardware changes
Two: Reboot the PC

Choose Two, because Windows will re-install the drivers and setup network card settings. for you. The Choosing One would do that same but you really want to flush out any prior issues that got you to this point.
Relevancy 20.21%

Updated my hardware drivers including the wireless adapter, and something must have gotten changed as I can not connect to wifi anymore on HP Notebook G72-253NR with Windows 7.

Flushed winsock, released/renewed ipconfig and deleted/reinstalled adapter. Can meanwhile connect thru Ethernet cable again but not wifi. Finds my wifi network (previously didn't) but can't connect, don't have tcp/ip addresses in LAC or wireless properties, automatically obtain is enabled. IPv4/6 enabled in both also.

Getting message of "HOST Process was prevented from changing settings of ZoneAlarm by modifying registry key HKCS/Services/VSDATANT? at initial startup.

"COM surrogate was prevented from changing settings of ZoneAlarm by modifying registry key HKCS/services/vsdatant" whenever I simply access/exit ip protocol settings.

How can I fix this? My brain is fried after several DAYS of trying to fix my friends computer... Please someone help!

A:Can't connect to wifi after hardware driver update

Call your ISP they will walk you through it.
Relevancy 20.21%

I laptop My wirelessly to will the connect not internet have had my laptop for around a year and it has always connected to the internet both wirelessly and through the cable Suddenly for no apparent reason about a week ago it stopped working All that I had done was turn on my quot Guest Account quot and download Skype It worked for a few minutes after this and then stopped completely- if I hovered over the wireless connection on the bottom right of my screen there is a big red cross and it tells me that there are no wireless networks available in the range We have another laptop which we use from My laptop will not connect wirelessly to the internet the exact same location within the My laptop will not connect wirelessly to the internet house and this connects no problem it also finds another or so wireless networks in the neighbourhood I know that there is not a problem with my router modem as I can connect via my other computer I have not done anything to the laptop except the installation above- I tried uninstalling this and turning off the Guest Account but still no joy I looked at other posts on here and tried some of the things suggested but still no joy I thought I would try to be clever also and think I have actually made this worse so that it is now beyond repair I know with most computer based things uninstalling and reinstalling it can work tried this and have now uninstalled my wireless network cannot now find where it is to reinstall If you are able to give me suggestions to fix this please treat me as a novice as although I know some things about computers I really don t know enough to decipher some of the more technical terms Thanks in advance nbsp

A:My laptop will not connect wirelessly to the internet

bangj001 said:

I have had my laptop for around a year and it has always connected to the internet both wirelessly and through the cable. Suddenly, for no apparent reason, about a week ago it stopped working.

All that I had done was turn on my "Guest Account" and download Skype. It worked for a few minutes after this and then stopped completely- if I hovered over the wireless connection on the bottom right of my screen, there is a big red cross and it tells me that there are no wireless networks available in the range.

We have another laptop which we use from the exact same location within the house and this connects no problem, it also finds another 7 or so wireless networks in the neighbourhood.

I know that there is not a problem with my router/modem as I can connect via my other computer. I have not done anything to the laptop except the installation above- I tried uninstalling this and turning off the Guest Account but still no joy.

I looked at other posts on here and tried some of the things suggested but still no joy.... I thought I would try to be clever also and think I have actually made this worse so that it is now beyond repair!! I know with most computer based things, uninstalling and reinstalling it can work... tried this and have now uninstalled my wireless network...cannot now find where it is to reinstall!

If you are able to give me suggestions to fix this, please treat me as a novice as although I know some things about computers, I really don't know enough to decipher some of the more technical terms! Thanks in advanceClick to expand...

I assume you're using some sort of windows machine. Have you tried a system restore to a previous state when the OS used to work?
if not you should try that first by going to Programs>accesories>system tools> system re-store and select a time from when the laptop used to work fine.

Relevancy 21.07%

I am playing around with Server 2012. If I want to have a laptop configured for "at office use" with option to go on site, what would be the best way to do that in order to retain access to shared locations on server that is "at office"?

Should I create a standard windows account unrelated to my domain controller, and have them VPN regardless if they are in office or on site? Or is there a way to have a laptop configured for domain use, where it will still be functional (local computer use) on site outside of the office, even without internet connection (I know you can's VPN without it).

A:Best way to set up local and remote user with Server 2012

Well this is kind of interesting. You can in fact use a domain laptop away from the local network as long as you have logged into int once on the domain so it can cache your password for future log ins. Now comes to the more difficult part of your question's. Accessing files remotely while not online, you can set up what is called offline files. Offline files will give you acess to your files away from domain network. So if you choose to do offline files any changes made to the file while away from the domain controller where you shares are set up will have to be synced once back on the domain network. So if you make changes to lets say docA while off domain network, once you get back to domain network you will have to sync offline files to the server to update any changes you have made. This set up would not require offsite network but can bring problems when syncing once you reconnect on domain. But now lets say you have the same shares and now you have multiple individials with the same access to the shares. Say you make changes to docA and the other person makes changes to docA while offiste. Once you both reconnect and sync to server you could have issues with data such as duplicate information or doc merging. VPN would be the best option for sure....
Relevancy 19.78%

The (Tp internet connect to 740n) router link via Unable to router worked fine in the past until recently my ISP had a break in the cable line and repaired it Now I am unable to connect to the internet If Unable to connect to internet via router (Tp link 740n) I connect the ISP s LAN cable directly to PC windows and do the following steps Control panel gt View network stats and tasks Setup a new connection or network gt Connect to the internet gt Next Broadband PPPOE gt Next Type in username password gt Connect Internet works fine This means there is no problem with the internet connection However if I connect the ISP s LAN cable to the quot blue quot port of the router and the short LAN cable to my PC then do the following steps Open http tplinklogin net It shows me router config page Click Quick setup gt Next Select PPPoE gt Next Type in username password gt Next Leave the Wireless Page untouched gt Next Click Reboot Wait till router reboots It does not work the router page shows quot Connecting quot but does not connect at all Here s the router log TL-WR N System Log Time - - s H-Ver WR N v S-Ver Build Rel n L M W PPPoE W M G st day OTHER INFO User clear system log st day PPP NOTICE PPPoE start connecting st day PPP NOTICE Standard authentication st day PPP INFO pppd start st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP ERROR Timeout waiting for PADO packets st day PPP NOTICE Standard authentication st day PPP INFO pppd start st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x de st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x de st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x de st day PPP ERROR Timeout waiting for PADO packets st day PPP NOTICE Standard authentication st day PPP INFO pppd start st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x d st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x d st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x d st day PPP ERROR Timeout waiting for PADO packets st day PPP NOTICE Standard authentication st day PPP INFO pppd start st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x nbsp

A:Unable to connect to internet via router (Tp link 740n)

Please help me
Relevancy 21.5%

Wile I am in the posting mood. Just thought I would ask the question. Is it possible for me to host/and play a call of duty server from my laptop or desktop?
When I was younger I played games like the delta force collection of games. And could just go into the game, click host server. And then gradually people would join my game as they seen it on the lobby.
Is this possible with any of the call of duty games for PC? I assume it needs some network configuration
If anyone could help me do it I would be really gratefull. I have my Nat port configured to open. But I would like to host a server and have it free for anyone to join

A:Hosting call of duty 2 server

Has anyone any advice on this? :/
Relevancy 21.07%

This mobo got me wondering, packs alot of specs :
18 SATA ports (10 are SATA3 ports from the Intel X99 Express chipset, 8 are SAS ports stemming from the LSI SAS 3008 controller) and five PCI-E 3.0 x 16slots for 4-way graphics cards! 600$ motherboard for some serious business, I think this would be ideal for a video editing workstation..

A:Ultimate server / Workstation mobo? Asrock X99 Extreme 11

I'm probably one of the few that uses the ASRock Z87 Extreme11
There is always a market for their Extreme11 series boards. I use mine for a bounch of stuff gaming, media server, video editing with all 22 SATA ports even 2way SLI. Might be a bit over kill 4 way SLI but who knows...
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi. This is my first post on this forum.

I would like to ask some help regarding a problem with my internet connection. Connecting our separate PC and my Laptop to my LAN works perfectly fine but when I use our wireless network to connect my laptop and phone, that's when the problem occurs. I tried rebooting the router (unplugging the power switch, cables and such). And I also tried rebooting my phone and laptop but nothing works. I also tried looking at the router settings and tried changing the security settings to none to see if I can connect but still cant.
I just don't know what the problem is. Can you help me?
Thank you.

A:Can connect to LAN but not on wireless network

Hey strings12. A bit more info on your equipment would be helpful.
1) What is the OS (Operating System) and Service Pack Level of your laptop, SP1,2,3 ?. rIght click on My Computer icon and select Properties
2) Are we talking about one laptop here?
3)Is your router secured and what encryption method are you using, WEP,WPA or WPA2
Relevancy 18.06%

Please help.. Can't connect to the wifi but using ethernet is working fine.. My phone could connect to the same wifi though
tried to backread some of the threads but didn't work on my laptop

A:Cannot "fully" connect to wifi but works fine on ethernet

Additional info. I am using Atheros AR5006EXS Wireless Network Adapter
and I did deleted the driver and it installed again automatically, but sadly it still doesn't work
Relevancy 20.64%

I'm using a Huawei Mobile Broadband E303 and I've been having this problem for 6-7 days now Ples halp
It was working perfectly fine before but now the speed wont go past 60-70kbps.
My current operating system is windows 7 ( V 6.1.7601 )

I've tried using it on other laptops with windows 7/xp/vista as their operating systems still the same problem except for my brothers laptop which runs on windows 8. and dont tell me that this Thing wont work because its not compatible with my operating system, because I've been using it for over a year without an issue.

My ipconfig shows:
Mobile Broadband adapter Mobile Broadband Connection:

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::7450:69bc:7a3e:fee8%57
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . :
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . :
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
And when I try to do nslookup:
Default Server:

The default server shouldn't be that thing. please help. Nor the address

Edit: I've tried Uninstalling the Program which came with the USB.
I've tried calling my ISP, with no problems on their end.
Relevancy 19.78%

So I have noticed my pc would shut off randomly and its because the 24 volt connector wasn't in all the way so when the pc would move slightly the connector would disconnect itself. When I go to push the 24 volt in all the way it wont clip onto the clip on the motherboard. It will stay in but it wont fully go in and I can easily just pull it out or it will just fall out from movement. Any ideas how to fix this?

A:24 Volt connector wont fully connect to Motherboard

I think it is not 24 volts. it is a 24-pin(also labelled as 20+4pin) , 12volts main power connector.
the slots are designed so that the power connector will slide into the slot to form like a 'lock and key'. to remove it.
see to it that the power connector is inserted in the right direction as shown in the pics (towards the side):

edit, any moderator: please delete this post.
(my second post to this thread is more 'presentable')
Relevancy 21.07%

I'm attempting to connect my laptop to my Wi-Fi but I'm having problems. I'm able to connect other devices with no problems, but when I try connection my laptop I get a "limited connection" message with a yellow triangle. Someone please help!! Tell me what info about my laptop you need from me.

A:Unable to connect to Wi-Fi

"Other devices"? Do you mean other WiFi networks? If so, then reboot your router. Also make sure your laptop's wireless can handle what your router is outputting (ac, n? 2.4vs5.8Ghz).
Relevancy 26.66%

About a week ago, our cable internet connection went out. Before I had a chance to reboot the modem & router, my 11 year old decided to completely reset the router to factory settings! Ugh! This caused several issues: my home network is now gone, only a unsecured factory network is available. When I try to plug my laptop into the router via ethernet cord (in order to login to router and setup secure network) my computer will not recognize the router and won't connect to internet. I tried troubleshooting with my cable provider and they say it's in my computer (IP address will not reset) and he recommended I replace my network card. However, today when I brought my laptop to work, it will instantly recognize the wifi at work. So is it really my network card that is causing issues? Please help, I'm desperate and not tech too tech savvy!

Linksys wireless router
Charter cable modem
Hp pavillion dv6 laptop with Windows Vista OS

A:Laptop won't connect to home wifi but will connect to work wifi

Did you figure this out?
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi all,

I have a problem that I can't connect through wifi in windows vista home premium, but I can using LAN or using wifi in ubuntu. Please if can anyone help as it is urgent to me.

A:Can't connect through wifi but have a connection through LAN

see this thread and supply that data in your follow-up.
Relevancy 30.53%

I'm a new Plusnet customer and I cannot connect to the internet using wifi I just get a page saying the broadband is down. So I tried using an ethernet cable and after manually setting this up I can use the internet. I accidentally disconnected the cable yesterday but the internet didn't fault, it's now working wirelessly. I can connect to the wifi using my mobile and iPad but I cannot connect to the internet. A new router has been sent and the problem still persists, a bt engineer has also visited but cannot find a solution.

Can anybody please help me?

A:I can't connect to wifi but connect with an Ethernet cable works, even when it isn't plugged in

It gets confusing as to which device is being used so as a guideline
disable one or the other (wifi vs wired) and don't allow both to be active at the same time. Technically, which ever device gets an IP address from your router will become the gateway to your ISP - - ignoring the connectivity of the second device to access your router.

With a laptop, we just toggle the keyboard to enable/disable wifi and the wired is easy - - just pull the cable out.

create a desktop shortcut to \windows\system32\devmgmt.msc
to control the devices (needs admin access)
expand [+] network adapters and you'll see the list
mine are

Dell Wireless 1502 ....
Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
Just right-click->disable and you can always right-click->enable

The png posted shows both are enabled and the wired has the gateway.
If the cable is disconnected, this is quite impossible.

SO, first control which device is to be used and then make the connection.
Relevancy 20.64%

My laptop keeps saying default gateway not accessible even though it has all the routers information

A:Laptop won't connect to wifi

Give a little more information. Such as what OS. Make and model so forth. This way someone can help you.
Relevancy 20.21%

So my laptop will not connect to the internet only by the ethernet cable. Ive made sure my wifi is on but for some reason everytime I click troubleshooting it will only tell me to try to connect to the ethernet cable. I tried to find different interney connection or try to disconnect to my router but that option does not even show up.

Ive gone through device manager n unstall things like the newtwork adapter of course after I restrted the computer itll reinstall it. Ive tried the options of restarting the router try to turn off the wifi restarting a an d reconnecting. Please help!! Lol

A:My laptop wont connect to the internet

I have a laptop and use wired connection when at home. Laptops typically have an enable/disable key or switch for the wifi - - on my Dell, <fn>F2 toggles wifi on/off.
I normally run with it off and the device manager looks like this

EVEN when F2 has it disabled! Notice, no red/yellow flags because it's just fine.

The system tray (for a wired connection) looks like

and IF I enable wifi, it changes to

*** SO BE SURE your wifi is 'enabled' (that is not the same as the device mgr enbled)
Relevancy 21.93%

I m looking to build a tower server from scratch that ll support - incoming connections to a game that will be hosted on this server Budget - I m planning on running Linux on this PC it ll run graphics are unnecessary as this PC will serve only as a server Server Building a PC also the saves for the players don t take a lot of memory so I won t be needing a TB harddrive I ll be planning to upgrade the system in the future to support more users List of items I m looking at Intel Core i - k Crucial GB x D - DIMM Gigabyte GA-Z -HD ATX LGA Samsung E GB EVO SATA quot IPSG LG X DVDRW SATA OEM IPSG Carbide Series R Case EVGA NEX G W GOLD PS Subtotal UEZ Sales Tax Total This is a price quote and recommendation I Building a Server PC got from a sales associate from MicroCenter NJ What I m wondering is would these components be enough to support a hosting server of - people with minimum lag If the playerbase of the game increases would I be able to upgrade the system to support more players Would it be better if I bought a Server Motherboard that ll support more processor for future purposes Are there anything cheaper that I could use to start off with and upgrade to in the future nbsp

A:Building a Server PC

Servers don't need heavy hitting processors. The primary resources are memory, networking and file I/O

The 120GB drive is minimally acceptable, although if I were building a server, I would have at least two drives,
one for the server and the other for the data being served. Performance would be better and either drive could be
replaced/upgraded without disrupting the other - - also improves your backup media consumption.

Let's talk networking. Is this a private server for just LAN connected users or do you intend to have Internet connected players?

* hosting server of 20-30 people * in a lan based server says you will need a good switch connected to the router for wired users OR an access point for wireless

* I suspect you are intending a public server with Internet users {upgrade the system to support more players}.
You should read your ISP End-User-License-Agreement; unless you purchase a private IP address & Domain, the ISP typically forbids your hosting anything. They will cause you and your users all kinds of issues, such as limiting bandwidth and randomizing your public IP address.
Relevancy 20.21%

Just to be and Nvidia AMD: Features vs. Software clear I want NO ARGUMENTS This is a reasonable discussion The conflict between the two major GPU developers is as old as I remember and while the obvious answer in which is better depends on how much you want to spend and various subtleties in manufacturing Nvidia vs. AMD: Features and Software and releases the two generally leapfrog each other with every release I want to discuss what in terms of software support features and game coding each has over the other Lets start with what almost everybody knows Nvidia release drivers every time there s an actual update not the regular monthly update that AMD tend to do and while this probably results in better Nvidia vs. AMD: Features and Software updates it can mean a long time between problems getting fixed waiting for small fixes because a Nvidia vs. AMD: Features and Software big bug takes a long time to patch Nvidia have also developed the G-Sync for monitors which I barely know anything about - kind of the point of this thread a can anyone shed light on how this performs I ll update this top post as others provide feedback AMD s Mantle technology is becoming more and more widespread in new releases especially as AMD make more deals with game developers While my AMD GPU is too old to benefit from the Mantle updates it is doing well in trying to convince me to get AMD as my next card as well Again can anyone provide feedback on how the newer AMD cards perform on the Mantle-enabled games Cheers guys nbsp

A:Nvidia vs. AMD: Features and Software

ETF Soldier said:

Just to be clear, I want NO ARGUMENTS. This is a reasonable discussion.

The conflict between the two major GPU developers is as old as I remember, and while the obvious answer in which is better depends on how much you want to spend and various subtleties in manufacturing and releases, the two generally leapfrog each other with every release, I want to discuss what, in terms of software support, features and game coding, each has over the other.

Lets start with what almost everybody knows:

Nvidia release drivers every time there's an actual update, not the regular monthly update that AMD tend to do, and while this probably results in better updates, it can mean a long time between problems getting fixed (waiting for small fixes because a big bug takes a long time to patch).
Nvidia have also developed the V-sync for monitors, which I barely know anything about - kind of the point of this thread, a can anyone shed light on how this performs? (I'll update this top post as others provide feedback)
AMD's Mantle technology is becoming more and more widespread in new releases, especially as AMD make more deals with game developers. While my AMD GPU is too old to benefit from the Mantle updates, it is doing well in trying to convince me to get AMD as my next card as well. Again, can anyone provide feedback on how the newer AMD cards perform on the Mantle-enabled games?
Cheers guys.Click to expand...

Firstly I think both companies release drivers at pretty regular intervals at this point, every major game release at least entitles a beta driver minimum.

Your speaking about G-Sync I believe. It works very well for what it is which makes the monitor and GPU communicate together to change the refresh of the monitor live to match the output FPS in order to keep the game seeming as smooth as possible with no lag, frame tears, etc. Its an excellent piece of technology but you pay a 250+ dollar premium for a monitor with it minimum. Right now DisplayPort 1.2a added this to the VESA standard so now it can be done on monitors without the specific G-SYNC module however AMD is the only one to support this in the future when they start appearing but its still going to require some work from the monitor companies. G-Sync is awesome for high resolution and high refresh setups where stability is a bit harder to achieve.

BF4 with Mantle and surround going (Ill have my Asus UHD monitor today to try) is able to maintain easy 60 FPS ultra and thief is the same way. Those are the only two mantle games I have tried as I have not gotten around to getting one other game that supports it.
Relevancy 20.21%

I have had an HP laptop for 1 year and it has worked on the internet perfectly fine. My wireless router turned off one day while I was using the internet and after it turned back on my laptop would not connect back to the wireless. I have tried connecting my laptop to hotspot from my phone and tried connecting it to the internet modem with a cord but neither would work. Please Help!

A:HP laptop will no longer connect to the internet

You may need to buy an external WiFi adapter like this:
Relevancy 21.5%

Right first things first to mix it up a bit, I've started a minecraft server on an LINUX based operating system, I've followed all the steps that have been required to start the minecraft server and so on, I've portforwarded everything (something else about it comes up later) And done everything it has said to do. I've run minecraft servers before so I do know how they work

HOWEVER, Because I still want to keep the portforwarding on my main computer so that I will be able to host other things from it, I changed the minecraft server to 25566 and since doing that no one has been able to connect to it. The only way I can connect to it is the internal address:25566 and nothing else. Other than that it does not work at all.

Yes I have put the correct IP in
Yes I am using the external IP to connect to it but it won't allow me to join with the external IP address even if I put :25566 after it.

Any suggestions?

A:Require help on a minecraft server

You said you've port forwarded it. Then you changed the listening port on server. Did you also change the port forward rule on router?
Relevancy 20.21%

I built a gaming PC and it wont connect to the monitor. Also the keyboard and mouse won't turn on.
My graphics card is a NVIDIA Geforce GTX 700

A:Built own computer, but it wont connect to monitor

Could you please provide the specs for your build? Need to list the exact parts you used, including make and model. It makes things easier to help with diagnosing your issue or issues.
Relevancy 20.21%

As the title says I'm trying to connect my HP3050 printer to my computer wirelessly. Problem is I get this:

The story goes that in the past week or so we swapped to a different internet provider and have swapped out the old modem/router for one that the new company has provided.
Prior to this no problems at all.

How do I counter this, I.e. remove the problem of what appears to be the availability of two routers, the new and the old?

Relevancy 18.06%

Hi all

I have got a new desktop PC, which works fine with Ethernet but I am not able to connect through wireless.When I tried to connect to the broadband, it says error connecting to the Broadband connection
Error 651: The modem (or other connecting device) has reported error. However, same comnnection works very well with my vista home premium Dell Laptop.

Thanks in advance

A:HP Pavillion PC with windows 8 works ethernet works well but not able to connect through wireless

How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility
Relevancy 19.35%

Whenever I unplug from the router and go upstairs, I can't connect to my wi-fi. The problem also persists downstairs unless I am connected by ethernet. It's been happening for about 2 days. At first the wi-fi would jump in and out randomly and quickly but now it simply wont connect. Is it a virus or how can I fix it?

A:Wifi doesn't connect unless directly connected to router by ethernet cable

You might just need to restart your router / WiFI AP to resolve that issue.
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi all,
I am writing because from few weeks I can not solve this problem of connection:
if the computer is in safe mode there aren't problems, while in normal mode, the following programs don't connect / update:
Internet Explorer 11, Dropbox, Malwarebytes, Mozilla Thunderbird, Flash player update, Java update, StartUp Delayer.

While Firefox, Chrome, Emsisoft Anti-Malware (Antivirus), Online Armor (firewall), and other programs work and update normally.

I've tried and tried various "solutions" found in the Web and in the Forums, but without any result.

I noticed that Dropbox and StartUp Delayer "tell" me that's is probably a Proxy problem.
I honestly have never used a proxy, and tried in every way possible to disable any proxy, but nothing changed, same issue.

I tried uninstalling antivirus and firewall, but the issue still remain, the same as resetting the connection settings and even Windows Firewall (which is usually disabled).

This problem is present both with ethernet connection and wireless.
I use a HP dv6000 notebook with Windows Professional 64bit.

I thank you if you can help me, because I really don't know how to fix this problem =/

Thank you,

A:Windows 7 - only connect to internet in Safe Mode with some softwares

I MIRACULOUSLY solved this situation!

Among the many details I forgot to say that for the connection I use a router, and after several attempts to copy the settings from a computer connected to the same network, I tried to enter the DNS entry of the parameter TCP/IPv4 (in connection properties) and ..and all began to work perfectly.

I can not explain, howeve, why the other computer works even without these two values.

But I'm happy that this (strange) situation is solved, and hope this can help someone else

Have a nice day,
Relevancy 21.07%

I have a D-Link DSL-2741B router, Internet via LAN cable is working normally but over wereless me the real problem can not be conect.Try I have a laptop and a mobile phone. I reset the router and re-configured, but still can not connect to wereless.Of laptp I did a new system of Windows 8, installed new drivers, I've tried but will.Problems originated from before 2-3 days. Please help if someone has a solution. thank you

PS: Ive literally tried everything including uninstalling/reinstalling network card, restore points (there are none), a windows update download, and reformatting the hard drive (wont let me). Any help is appreciated.

A:I can not connect to wireless

Look at the device manager (CP->Computer Mgmt->device mgr) and expand [+] Network adapters. If there are yellow or red marks, then the driver is at fault.

If not, then it's the settings of one of these:

the adapter
the firewall
the router
Relevancy 21.93%

I cannot get online whenever I try I get the following message in a software Update box. The server is unreachable. Retry the request. When I access network connections, the broadband connection symbol has a x over it, and there is this message. This connection is not available because there is a problem with your modem is network adapter. Can anyone offer any solution please

A:Server unreachable

Try to update the driver
Relevancy 20.21%

My laptop does not identify my home wifi... while my phone, Ipad and work laptop all identify and connect. it identifies very rarely and this started about a few weeks ago..

this same laptop identifies other wifis but not my home WIFI... even while I am next to it.. it connects very easily when I connect a ethernet cable...

what could be wrong.. please help

A:Why wont my laptop connect to my WIFI

Specs on your laptop would be a big help.
Other than that, is there a switch you need to turn/switch on?
How old is this laptop?
Give more info so we don't have to play 20 questions.
Relevancy 25.8%

Hey guys, I am going on holiday in early June and am looking for a way to listen to music while I'm in the pool as I plan to spend a lot of time doing so.
The way I can see it is that I have two options:

Buy a waterproof case and waterproof headphones
buy a waterproof MP3 player all-in-one.
Obviously each option has it's flaws - otherwise I wouldn't be there.
Even if I buy a waterproof case how can I be sure that even though there is a waterproof case, where it contacts with waterproof earphones will be waterproof as 'waterproof' to some sellers just means rain-proof.
The problem with the all in ones like the Sony Waterproof Walkman is that they are very expensive for very little space, the 4GB alone being Ģ50 and 8GB is Ģ80.

Does anyone have experience in the matter, anything they can recommend, preferably I'd like to use my phone in a case for my 32GB MicroSD card, but whatever works I guess.

Cheers guys.

A:How can I listen to music whilst swimming?

:big grin: My wife JUST purchase a waterproofed iPad Shuffle from

website is very descriptive and the device is AS Advertised - - she's very happy with it
Relevancy 21.5%

I know the parts are overkill for what I will be using it for to serve media to TV phones and pc s it will also back up my pc s weekly file server and questions Home server ftp sync to an offsite location I will be testing things like active directory and VMware because I use these are work but I cant really mess around with them to much there The server is will be running Windows Server R or R I haven t made up my mind yet I want to be able to leave the server on but have it go into a sleep mode until something is requesting data from the server over my lan or internet I know how to do this but I don t know if its good to do with RAID these are the parts I m using If you have any questions please ask me anything Fractal Design Define Mini http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Western Digital Red NAS Hard Drive WD EFRX TB x in RAID http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Rosewill TACHYON- W http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Mushkin Enhanced Blackline GB x GB http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E ASUS GRYPHON Z LGA http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Intel Core i - Haswell GHz http www Home server questions newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Adaptec RAID T http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E SAMSUNG EVO GB http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E nbsp

A:Home server questions

Have you got a UPS? What's your question.

Also can you please tell me how you do the sleep mode? WOL when something requests access?
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello guyz, I am using 2 laptops, I am able to connect to internet with one laptop but not with other laptop, both have same configuration, windows 7 os, and ip is automatically assigned... I can see the IP Address on the laptop, and tried with different browsers, but not able to browse any page, and have tried with both cable and wireless. another laptop works fine. Please help.
Relevancy 25.37%

When I play windows media player or any other mp3 player my pc begins to slow down a lot and mouse stutters and my internet webpage closes :/ any help please?

I've posted my IRQ

A:When I play music my PC starts to slow down and mouse stutters

What are your system specs?

Some possible solutions: Make sure Windows is up to date. Try updating your sound driver (post your system specs and I will show you how to).
Relevancy 21.07%

We have a problem with the connection to our server. The server disconnects randomly from minutes to hours all day. I am at a remote location and connect via logmein to a local pc at the servers physical location to remotely control and connect to the server. A month or so ago the connection would drop every few minutes. The staff at that location replaced the switch and had the ISP tech check out the router. No problems were found. I think it is a problem with the server itself but don't know what it could be. Typically I can go through the login process and reconnect. I'm sorry I can't be more specific about the equipment since it is 40 miles away. Any suggestions on troubleshooting? Remotely?
Clearly I'm not a network guy.
Thanks for any help or direction

A:Network connection to server disconnects constantly

The usual suspects are:

(for DSL connections only) missing or faulty line filters
need to update the router/modem firmware at your end
packet reassembly overflow(a)
(a) very techie, but the solution is easy; see this description
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello. I am a complete newbie to server administration. At my current job, I have been tasked with setting up a deployment server. The server is a Windows 2008 server and is not connected to the Internet. The server is a domain controller on its own domain (different from the main domain my job uses). How would I connect this server to the Internet without disrupting other users on the network? By disrupting, I mean connecting to my server instead of the main server for DNS and DHCP. The server has Active Directory Domain Services, DNS, DHCP, and WDS roles set-up.
Relevancy 21.5%

I m working one replacing our file server at work The one we currently have was built around and is starting to show its age So I m thinking new server time The server will be for a copy shop that specializes in house plans and construction plans We store lots of large pdf and tiff files Also have a full service sign shop so lots of Illustrator and Photoshop files - may of the raster graphics are New server file FreeNas quite large ft x ft sign dpi takes up a lot of space New FreeNas file server The server will need to connect to - computers at any one time with upto printers amp copiers active on the network at any one time I already have a fairly decent switch with one port having gigabit Ethernet that the file server will be plugged into and there reset of the ports being megabit Ethernet ports of the files we work with are storage on the file server - form house plans to large commercial building plans to customer artwork and designs for both small format printing and large format They are loaded modified saved and printed while on the server I strongly discourage anyone storing files locally as there are no backups on the individual computers only on the file server Both local and through Crashplan Anyways onto the hardware I already have the process from another project that didn t pan out Intel Xeon E - V Ivy Bridge GHz Mobo SUPERMICRO MBD-X SCL-F-O Case Fractal Design Define R PSU Thermaltake Toughpower Grand TPG- M W ATX Ram Kingston GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM ECC Unbuffered DDR Server Memory Model KVR D E SK G HDD s Seagate NAS HDD ST VN TB x I plan to put the HDD into a Raid-Z which should give me about TB of space I have built several gaming computers and graphic design computers before but never a server I think I have a fairly good built here but would certainly welcome input from someone with more experience in this area than me nbsp
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello everyone,

I'm using windows 7 on my pc and try to connect to my home wireless connection .
every time I try to connect and enter the password, it won't be connected.
However, I'm using my laptop and phone to connect and it worked properly.

Please help my problem
Thanks in advance

A:Windows 7 unable to connect to wireless connection

How is your wireless Configured. I have seen many issues when using mixed mode in certain Linksys or Cisco Products. What kind of adapter are you using on y our PC for wireless Connection? Has it ever worked?
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi I m having a problem that I gather is fairly common with Windows machines but I haven t been able to find the same case in other threads nor a workable solution among similar cases I have two Windows computers the main laptop on Win and a hybrid tablet on Win I would like drive Win8.1 Trying connect to network to a for both devices to be able to access each other via my home network So for both devices I ve set the network settings to home private I turned on file sharing and discovery and even joined both devices to the same homegroup The end result is that my Win tablet can access my Win laptop both through the homegroup and through direct network access The problem is that my Win laptop cannot do either of those with regard to the tablet in all Trying to connect to a Win8.1 network drive cases I get the network error message that I cannot access the location and should check it for spelling To try to solve this issue I have attempted -Turning off the Windows firewall on my Win tablet -Looking around to see if I could find my Win tablet to unwittingly belong to some sort of domain have not been able to figure that out The odd thing is that I also tried to test out the network by setting up iTunes on both devices and setting them to share their music libraries via home share and sure enough both devices could access each other s libraries Similarly I was able to access my tablet from my Win laptop through a Remote Assistance invitation Would very much appreciate any advice I can get here Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Trying to connect to a Win8.1 network drive

Which Windows 8.1 tablet is this Pro or RT? RT your can't not x86 or x64. Pro you can. Disable Homegroup. Use Workgroup and call it something other than Workgroup like: DANET for example
So do this on laptop and tablet. On laptop make sure the folder is shared out to you the admin or your name example Dan.

So you should have local account on your system called Dan with admin rights. Back on the tablet side you need to create a local account. Did you setup Microsoft account so your login with that account only. You need to create a local account and start using that. It can be done to access the Microsoft account while being on local account while your at home.

If away from home then sign on to Microsoft account to access the cloud features. Or still use the local account and have Microsoft account to access store and skydrive (aka onedrive).
Relevancy 20.21%

On my pc f12 is the Internet botton I clicked it and airplane mode came on I clicked it again and it wouldent let me connect bk pls help me :/

A:I clicked wrong button and now I can't connect to internet

Did you find the right button to click to get back on the Internet?
Relevancy 28.38%

Advise please online store with comfortable (logical works and gives tips) and beautiful (imageable already assembled system unit) assistant (step by step wizzard) on the compilation of components for the PC. Interested logic operation, the system prompts and visualization method. Thanks in advance.

A:Advise please online store with comfortable and beautiful wizzard to assemble components

I don't know of a PC part picker wizard, unless you count Dell/Apple custom builds.
Relevancy 41.71%

guys please I need your help, my laptop keep saying
Unable to connect to the proxy server what can I do to fit it please

A:Unable to connect to the proxy server

You are getting this message because the laptop can't find a wireless network to connect to...
Relevancy 20.21%

Just upgraded form my old EVGA Superclocked GTX 570 to my new Palit GTX 770 Jetstream 4Gb, had to fanny around a lot with my Antec 900 case to get the beast to fit but everything seems fine now, card idles at 30-35c. Underload at around 65c. However the overclocking/temperature control software that came with the card, Thunder Master just does not quite seem up to par with EVGA Precision. Can anyone tell me if I can continue to use EVGA Precision safely and without any adverse effects with this Palit card because I just cant seem to get to grips with this Thunder Master. For some reason it trys to allways achieve 70c.

A:Temperature control software

andy06shake said:

Just upgraded form my old EVGA Superclocked GTX 570 to my new Palit GTX 770 Jetstream 4Gb, had to fanny around a lot with my Antec 900 case to get the beast to fit but everything seems fine now, card idles at 30-35c. Underload at around 65c. However the overclocking/temperature control software that came with the card, Thunder Master just does not quite seem up to par with EVGA Precision. Can anyone tell me if I can continue to use EVGA Precision safely and without any adverse effects with this Palit card because I just cant seem to get to grips with this Thunder Master. For some reason it trys to allways achieve 70c.Click to expand...

My recommendation is to use MSI afterburner for your temperature controlling needs and overclocking. It is non-biased and will work with any video card no matter the type, whether its amd of nvidia, and who made it.

Link here
Relevancy 21.07%

HELP Today PC Connect Won't To Router my computer refuses to connect to the internet Acer PC running Windows xp-sp Router is Belkin n f k v If I connect my cable modem directly to my PC I can access the internet without any problem modem PC Won't Connect To Router is fine If I connect the router to my laptop all lights blink and I can access PC Won't Connect To Router it with router data cable fine but as soon as I run it with my pc and router I can no longer reach the internet neither can I access it just cannot find it So here is what I tried Rebooting the router and PC many times Did hard reset - times So basically all of a sudden my PC refuses to see the router that is plugged into it I am not at all a tech savvy so I might sound dumb while saying this but I noticed that there is only ethernet card shown under network adapters and no wireless card Local area connection shows only sent packets no received packets Does one need to have wireless card to use pc as access point If my net was working fine before couple of days was it because of the wireless card and now it has gone nuts for some reason Any help or ideas Thanks nbsp

A:PC Won't Connect To Router

Hey dexterbo7. Do you see an Internet led lit on the router after it is connected then powered on?
I assume you connect by Ethernet cable and not wirelessly. Have you ever connected wirelessly?
If the Internet led on and you can't connect with a known good cable in either of the 4 LAN ports, it sounds to me like a router gone bad, but before I try another or trash it, I would first:

Go to the link and download SP3,apply it and reboot

If still no good, see if there is a firmware update for your router and apply it
Relevancy 20.21%

I really need help, please

So, 3 days ago I was connected to my wifi through wireless just fine
But now, whenever I try to connect, it says "unable to connect"
The signal is fine, the password is right, it would try "connecting" but ends up "unable to connect"
Been working fine all along and suddenly this occur

So, I tried to plug in the LAN cable and through the ethernet, it could connect fine!!

I have no idea why this is! PLEASE HELP!!

My computer: WINDOWS XP (32 bit/Home Edition/Version 2002/Service Pack 3)
Wireless: Intel PROSet/Wireless 14.3.1

A:Could not connect to wifi through wireless but could with LAN ethernet

Are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?
Relevancy 20.21%

Set up a wireless connection, got my other 2 comps working but on my sony vaio laptop, the internet explorer won't come up. I choose detect problem and it said something about putting proxy settings in, not sure what to do. can someone help?!

A:Sony VAIO won't connect to Internet

Follow this similar steps, for only first two steps.

You can chose to put your proxy stuff in there, or you can set it as no proxy, but remember to check the box of "Automatically detect settings".
Relevancy 19.78%

Howdy all The amazing folks at Tech Spot saved my bacon many moons back helping me fix a virus laden laptop for Brand New to can't HP connect 17 Internet Envy Quad Touchsmart my sick kid And so I turn to Brand New HP Envy Touchsmart 17 Quad can't connect to Internet you with my latest computer nightmare and beg of your assistance once again I just bought a new HP ENVY TouchSmart t-j Quad Edition Notebook PC ENERGY STAR for my daughter for Christmas It arrived yesterday and I opened it up to start preloading her software onto it so she can have it ready to go Christmas morning Unfortunately the thing just won t let me get connected to the internet via wifi It is using an Intel Wireless-N adapter running Windows factory installed I have tried everything I could think of - using Intel drivers instead of Microsoft ones resetting WINSOCK flushing the DNS using a static IP instead of dynamic the works Nothing appears to be working The device can clearly see my network - it shows up on the list of connections and validates my security information running standard WEP security - not the best I know but it s easier for the multitude of tech I have on my network all of which connects fine but it only gives me limited access and does not want to connect to the network or the internet My base system is running Windows My router is a Netgear Rangemax Wireless-N Gigabit Router WNR v I have not tried a hardwire connection yet as I really need this to be a wireless device Help me TechSpot Gurus you re my only hope nbsp

A:Brand New HP Envy Touchsmart 17 Quad can't connect to Internet

Hey Mark. I would connect to the Net by cable and allow it to get any OS updates and/or driver updates before I change any settings.While online,try to connect wirelessly to see if it finds any updates quicker.
Relevancy 21.07%

I have a COMPAQ PC with windows 7 on it and a wireless adapter called a "TwinMOS Wireless LAN Client Adapter IEEE: 802.11b 2.4GHz/11mbs"

I tried putting it into my computer when it was running Vista (It's factory-included OS) and it would show the other wireless networks as well as the ones in my neighborhood but it wouldn't connect to them. It kept saying there was some unknown reason blocking the connection to the router.
What can I do to make this adapter work? I don't wanna buy a new one.

Now, slightly less relevant question: I have a couple old laptops, could I use their WLAN cards on my PC or does it not work that way?

A:Can see other networks but can't connect

Did the TwinMOS wireless LAN come with a CD? If so, it might have the software/drivers on it necessary to use the wifi.Als, did it come with ANY other info?
Relevancy 21.5%

Afternoon Ladies & Gents!

I've spent a few hours on researching this topic. I can't seem to find what I'd need.

Currently I'm looking for a solution. I have about 50 franchised offices. We've played a TV in each of them. Is it possible to put a device in each office and have a "Server" type device to push content over a VPN to them? Also naturally display this on the TVs.

Any comments or points in a direction would be much, much, appreciated.

Thank you!

A:Client-Server Media Streaming

Perhaps a Slingbox would work for this?
Relevancy 20.64%

Every other device in the house connects to the wi-fi, but when I try to connect from my desktop computer, it won't take the network key. Every time I enter the password, the window just pops back up asking for it again. I've checked the network key on other devices, and it is definitely correct. What might be the problem?

A:One Computer Won't Connect to Internet

Hey theoxeny. Is this desktop pc also connected to the router by Ethernet cable
Did this pc ever connect wirelessly
What OS is the desktop running, and which level of encryption,WPA,WPA2 or WEP
Relevancy 20.64%

I am stuck Also I apologize in advance if this is not in the right forum I am trying to work on a friend s Windows desktop PC Dell Inspiron at my house but I cannot connect to my home network or the internet to download network Cannot or to PC connect internet malware scanners removal tools updates to MBAM etc First I was trying with a wireless adapter that it known to be good The network sharing center would say it was connected to the network but there was no internet connection Then I tried plugging in an Ethernet cable The network sharing center just kept saying quot searching for network quot but never would connect I tried disabling then re-enabling the network adaptor and I reinstalled the driver Networking is not my strong suit so is there some setting I may be overlooking It appears the PC on which I am working is already part of a homegroup do I need to leave that group then try to join my existing one set up through my own Win amp PC I don t care about sharing files across Cannot connect PC to network or internet the network in fact I prefer not to in case this thing really is infected I just want internet access on this machine Could some sort of malware be blocking access I sort of doubt this since it was working fine at their home before they brought it to me I could not find any router settings or firewall entries that appeared to be blocking access ZyXEL PK Z DSL modem router provided by CenturyLink Do I need to call my ISP tomorrow Thanks again this community has always been helpful to me nbsp

A:Cannot connect PC to network or internet

Make sure the adaptor isn't set to 'share connection'.

Try using a static IP.
Relevancy 21.5%

I have started to route CAT e cable to make a wired network I have a server running Server a custom desktop running windows laptops running windows I have the modem and the wireless router in issues to connecting network Having a server the library I have the modem connected to the internet port of the router and one of the loads is connected to a wall jack that Having issues connecting a server to network connects to a cable that runs about feet to its termination This termination is connected to a Having issues connecting a server to network port switch Having issues connecting a server to network The server is connected to the switch directly Based on my understanding my server should have access to the internet and my network should have access to my server With this setup I have full internet access on every machine but the server and I cannot access the server from any computer I have hooked up the server to a second wireless router as a load and was able to successfully access it through the second router but there is no internet The network on the server shows up as Unidentified Limited Access when directly connected to the switch Has anyone seen this before or have an idea to fix this issue nbsp

A:Having issues connecting a server to network

Load? It'd be easier if you drew a diagram. Some of the info is missing.
Relevancy 20.21%

I remember when I first lost my Motorolas original CD, I couldn't find the software anywhere to be downloaded and no one that i knew had a motorola rzr mobile phone...

I found my old cd here a few days ago so I made an .iso file of it and uploaded it (as 13 .rar files, the file max size is 50Mb).

Here it is

Tel me if the link doesn't work or something. Razr?permissionsChanged=1&1

A:Motorola Razr v3 drivers and software

Yep that works for me.
Relevancy 21.5%

Where I work we need a need new server. I am not really a expert in hardware so I hope you can give me a little help choosing a fitting server, I will use a template with answers to help you understand what's needed:

1) What is the available budget?
Up to 2500? (3380 USD, 2094 GBP).

2) Which tasks will the server execute?
GPS analyses which is pure heavy computing. The amount of reading and writing to the disc is moderate. Internet traffic is low.

3) There is any preferred brand or there is any that is out of question?
Any reasonable brand.

5) Does the size of the server matters?
Should be a standard rack.

6) There are any specific requirements (interfaces, storage etc)?
- 8 cores (1x8 [preferable] or 2x4)
- 16 G byte memory
- 4 Tera byte disc
- fast CPU

I hope somebody can help me with some suggestions.

A:Buy new server - suggestions needed

I would refer to this good article.

This seems like a pretty good server for your specifications:
Relevancy 20.64%

Is it possible umm my Main router is zyxel p-660hn-t1a and my other router is Prolink H5004N Thanks I want to connect them and use the pro link as a extension signal is it possible?

A:How to connect 2 Modem router?

In my views this type of connection will not work...
Relevancy 19.78%

Good evening fellas The Problem This is an issue I have never run into before on numerous builds My computer wont reset from pressing the reset button or through software reset I was able Computer wont reset (Hard or Software) to get through windows installation by pressing the power button and powering back up This is when I noticed a second issue My computer wont boot to windows with the USB mouse and key board plugged Computer wont reset (Hard or Software) in Front panel or back panel its just a black screen It will post with the USB mouse and keyboard plugged in as I am able to press F to get into bios I tried rearranging the front panel connectors on the mobo running with only the power button hooked up running with the front pannel usb hooked up and looking around bios for any relevant settings cant find anything there related to boot Once in windows I test my hardware by playing about hours straight of AC and doing burn in tests with no errors I am at a loss The Background I recently bought Computer wont reset (Hard or Software) a replacement mobo and power supply to replace a pair that fried due to moisture I bought a new case because I fell out of favor with my old case that had a window pane and led lights and I upgraded my ram to gb x gb modules Essentially I only kept my TB HD DVD-RW Video Card and CPU I tested all of the hard ware I kept in a friends system he let me use for the purpose and those components all burned in well after about hours of benching and burn in testing with no errors The Hardware Mobo Asrock N C-GS http www asrock com mb NVIDIA N C-GS FX CPU Phenom X BE GPU Pallet GT Sonic Edition http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E RAM GB PC http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E PSU Raidmax Hybrid W Modular http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E nbsp

A:Computer wont reset (Hard or Software)

A strange problem indeed.

Triple check your wiring is correct using your motherboard manual. Be sure the motherboard is mounted correctly on the standoffs and no grounds are occurring.

Faulty buttons on the case itself?

Reset bios to optimal defaults, clear cmos.

After that I would return the mobo.

Sorry I cant be more specific, Hope this helps.
Relevancy 19.35%

My computer battery was replaced by a family member and when I boot up my PC which took about 10 minutes instead of 30 seconds. I noticed that the 2 harddrives were displayed in the bios as raid drives. The 2 harddrives are SATA. However in Windows when I right click on My Computer and select Manage then Device Manager they appear as NTFS format.

I sure that this configuration has something to do with response.

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to restore my raid drive back to 2 harddrives under NTFS without loosing my data. I would prefer a software tool or a step by step solution since I am not comfortable with manually making changes to computer settings.
Thank you for your advice in advance to this frustrating problem
Ntracs (Joe)
Relevancy 21.5%

I read online that some people, while making their server build, had to drill holes in the case's back plate or just buying another case. I was just wondering if with this case and motherboard, I would have to drill holes because I know that with server motherboards there isn't really a standard. Thanks to anyone who helps out!

A:Server Motherboard with case help

You need to find a rack that can support E-ATX motherboards (extended ATX). Do you need a rack? Or is this just a workstation?
Relevancy 21.07%

I aint had this problem till now.. I am using a Dell Inspiron running windows 7 home premium and my wireless connects but when I try to download something it will disconnect, then find it again then reconnect over and over again.. till the download is finished then stay connected.. I dont have any problems while searching thro websites but only when I go to download something.. I dont know what the problem is and I need some help I have tried alot of things to try and fix this.. anyone that knows what is going on or knows how I can fix this please any help is welcome..

A:Wireless connect

1st of all make sure u got the latest driver for your wireless go to start computer system properties device manager and check for and yellow exclamation marks u could downlaod latest driver from website if this all fails then try
please take a look at the below forum discussion link where the same issue is been discussed.
This issue may occur if the Enable IEEE 802.1X authentication for this network check box is selected. If this check box is selected, but there is no server to authenticate against, the connection is disconnected. If you reestablish the wireless network connection, it disconnects again after a short time.

Method 1: Disable IEEE 802.1X authentication
To disable IEEE 802.1X authentication, follow these steps:

Click Start, type ncpa.cpl, and then hit Enter.
Right-click your wireless network connection, and then click Properties.
Click the Wireless Networks tab.
Under Preferred networks, click your wireless network, and then click Properties.
Click the Authentication tab, click to clear the Enable IEEE 802.1X authentication for this network check box, and then click OK two times.

Method 2: Remove and re-create the wireless network connection
To remove and re-create the wireless network connection, follow these steps:

Click Start, type ncpa.cpl, and then hit Enter.
Right-click your wireless network connection, and then click Properties.
Click the Wireless Networks tab.
Under Preferred networks, click your wireless network, and then click Remove.
Click View Wireless Networks.
Under Network Tasks, click Refresh Network List.
Under Choose a wireless network, click the wireless network to which you want to connect, and then click Connect.
Also I would recommend you to update the network adapter drivers and check.

Relevancy 21.93%

I posted this before with no answers I also posted this somewhere else with no answers lol So I m going to try more time I bought a motorola cpx series server at a auction I had no idea what it was and now I know it s a telecommunications server Although I really know nothing else about it I can t find any info on it anywhere either The tech that pulled it told me it works great just a with telecommunications What server ? to do out dated for What to do with a telecommunications server ? the state to use and if I don t have the equipment to use it it would make a awesome computer case lol I have no idea how to use this or even make it a computer lol I m alil techy I have built computers but What to do with a telecommunications server ? that s about all I know Looks What to do with a telecommunications server ? like this http thumbs ebaystatic com d w m mfQ ZtZGCaIxXoxNR I have posted on other forums for help and got nothing ANY help would be great thx If you have any questions or need to know anything about it I will answer what I can thx for the help nbsp
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello I m not Works Connect Won't Ethernet Wireless sure if this is in the right place but here goes Yesterday the wireless was going slow so I Ethernet Works Wireless Won't Connect accessed the router and changed the WPA Pre-Shared Key to something more complex and difficult to guess After that it would still connect to wireless but it wouldn t load pages quickly or at all Then it stopped connecting to my wireless network altogether I m writing this post with my Ethernet cable plugged in and it works perfectly fine I ran Windows troubleshooter while still able to connect to wireless Results were that the problem had something to do with Ethernet Works Wireless Won't Connect the DNS Server Since then I ve tried winsock fix flushdns ipconfig in cmd resetting the wireless WPA Pre-Shared Key back to the original changing the Preferred and Alternate DNS servers powering off my Thomson router I ve tried to cmd - ipconfig release renew but it says the media is disconnected and it can t perform that operation Any help would be great -Scott nbsp

A:Ethernet Works Wireless Won't Connect

How far is the computer from the router? Are there any walls,floors it has to go thru?
Personally, I'd stick with the ethernet.
Relevancy 21.5%

Hello all members,
I was searching for dedicated server for one of my clients and whenever I find a new host, I try to test dedicated server speed by downloading sample files. Recently, I have tested dedicated server speed, but how can I be sure that this speed will remain the same for my client's after buying?

FYI, here is the link from where I have tested dedicated server speed: to expand...

A:Dedicated server speed test

Hmm; would appear that you are referring to a network bandwidth test.
However, as I write this is DOWN - - ping just gets 110% timeouts.

This link has some reviews you might like to see.
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello Guys,
I am looking for list of Public DNS server which like powerful one and I find a list like that:
(Powerful means that I like to have DNS server which should be fast, reliable, high speed and always available)
But I want more, anybody has idea how can I find more?

I am looking forward to hearing from you guys

Thank you so much

Relevancy 25.8%

I've just got a new ipod nano 7th generation, but when I plug it into my laptop it is recognised by the computer but not by itunes. I have tried all steps on apple support forum articles for this; for itunes not recognising the device; and for error code 37, but it still will not work. When I go to manually install driver usbaapl64 (as one step on the apple website instructed me to do) my "device will not initialize the driver" and I can't find anything telling me how to get it to initialize it!
As far as I am aware it is a problem with the computer not the ipod, as I have the same problem when I connect my samsung phone or other devices. Help please, I'm losing all hope!
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello guys
Since yesterday I have encountered a strange problem . I used to connect to the internet through my wifi as usual , but since yesterday it just wont connect to internet and shows Cant connect to ''''''' . All the other laptops in my house are able to connect to internet via wifi , but my laptop can't . So guys can you please pin point the problem ?
Your help will be really appreciated

A:All the laptop's can connect to internet but not mine in my house?

What operating system? You need to 'forget' the wifi network and re-add it.
Relevancy 19.78%

Just hooked up to att uverse ,they installed a att200 modem/router ,I have 12 mbps internet. I cant seem to make it hook up to the router
I have tried to enter the info on the printer keypad and throught the computer. computer is pent. 4 ,xp,

I was able to connect my laptop and kindle to the router.
I am not sure if the printer is recognizing the router or vice versa.
in general I dont know what is happening

I just found out it will print from my laptop,so I think my printer is connecting to the router,correct?
just tried to print from laptop again and did not work.
the wifi light on the printer is off.
it used to work great with the other router before att upgraded me

Printer is a epson workforce 520

It is a motorola router

A:AT&T installed new router/modem now my printer will not connect wifi

It worked, then didn't work? What? :S

Maybe check the wifi encryption. Make surei t's WPA2 and not anything else.
Relevancy 21.07%

I am using a Gateway laptop with XP and have service pack 3 installed.
I am trying to connect to the internet and it keeps trying to connect (acquiring network address) but never quite connects. Our other computers connect fine. I use this laptop in our other home and it connects fine. I went out and bought a zyxel wireless N adapter and installed it, and I cannot connect through this either. I have checked password from other computers and it is correct.
Please, what do I check now???? Tell me what to ping etc.

A:Cannot connect to internet

First use IPCONFIG /ALL and look at the line NODE TYPE - - should read Hybrid

Does it?
Relevancy 30.1%

I have a laptop that I want to store long term. I do not need it now but don't want to sell it. Can I store it for a year or 2? If so what steps should I take to do it safely? Thanks

A:How do I store my laptop?

Just shut down the PC. The laptop may run out of battery power since Lithium Ion batteries tend to drain, but just remember to plug it in when you use it again. Just shut it down, unplug the power chord (if not on battery) and store it.