Windows Support Forum

Cannot Connect To Gmail/facebook/itunes Music Store Or Software Server/ftp

Q: Cannot Connect To Gmail/facebook/itunes Music Store Or Software Server/ftp

For about a week now I have not been able to connect to Gmail/Facebook/iTunes Music Store or software server/FTP.

I've tried IE, Mozilla, Opera...all cannot connect

I've released/renewed my IP.

I've run Ad Aware

I tried running Spybot but couldn't access their update server to search and destroy

I tried the computer in a different location to see if there was something wrong with my ISP and it still doesn't work.

Please help

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Cannot Connect To Gmail/facebook/itunes Music Store Or Software Server/ftp

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Cannot Connect To Gmail/facebook/itunes Music Store Or Software Server/ftp

There could be a number of issues :- Did you ever run antivirus scans? Please try Panda online scan and after that Ewido and post back results.- What are your firewall settings and which firewall do you use?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/75183/cannot-connect-to-gmailfacebookitunes-music-store-or-software-serverftp/
Relevancy 83.42%

Itunes could not connect to the itunes store The network connection timed out. make sure your network settings are correct and your connection is active

i had itunes runny perfectly since forever, tried to open in today and it gave me this error ! i dont get it, i didnt download any firewalls or anything to affect itunes in anyway.

btw i mentioned in my profile that im windows 7 by mistake, im actually vista here !

i really need help with this as im an iphone user.

looking forward to your quick response

thanks

A:Itunes could not connect to the itunes store The network connection timed out. make s

Have you updated to iTunes 10.5 yet?

Also under the Help tab in iTunes is a "Run Diagnostics" click that then press 'Ok'. Make sure that your iPhone is connected to your computer as well so iTunes can check the connection as well.

Click "Next >" as they come up.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/itunes-could-not-connect-to-the-itunes-store-the-network-connection-timed-out-make-s-607997.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Surfing around I found myself on Ian Van Dahl's webpage clicking her iTunes link.
Upon execution, iTunes informs me that that the music is not available in my location.
It then offers to change the music store location.
Sure, why not.
How can I change the store location or is there a list anywhere of links I can click to change the store location?

A:iTunes music store

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSearch.woa/wa/itmsLinkMaker

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-music-store.480580/
Relevancy 82.56%

I don't like iTunes 7 because of the way it organizes podcasts so I've stuck with iTunes 6 and now whenever I try to access the Podcast Directory (or the Music Store at all) I recieve the following error:

"Could not complete the Music Store request. The store may be busy. Check your internet connection or try again later."

I can still update my podcasts but can't find new ones.

Is Apple no longer supporting iTunes 6 already? or is there another problem?

thanks,
JTN

A:iTunes 6- no more music store

I noticed the same problem using itunes 6.something under crossover office (a windows emulator for linux). Searching the crossover archives turned up the following link:

http://crossover.codeweavers.com/pipermail/discuss/2007-January/010409.html

which basically says that the crossover team believe that Apple now prevents the older versions (older than 7.0 that is, I presume) of iTunes from accessing the iTunes store.

I would guess this is to force users to upgrade, so they don't have to support too many versions.Too bad the error message isn't more informative (as in: this version is too old to access the store).

Cheers,

Losher

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-6-no-more-music-store.536196/
Relevancy 79.55%

I am having some problems with the Gmail application and Notifier as of late Basically the Gmail Desktop Notifier I have is unable to connect to my Gmail account A quick run down of what I know Open In To IE7 Connect Gmail Server, Notifier Webpage Unable To Gmail Can't No matter what web browser you tell Gmail to use as the default it always goes through IE to access your Gmail account The notifier doesn't actually use POP or IMAP to the best of my knowledge meaning if something is messed up with IE Gmail the application won't work correctly I can access my Gmail account from any non-IE browser but can't use the notifier I can technically access my Gmail account Gmail Notifier Unable To Connect To Server, Can't Open Gmail Webpage In IE7 from IE but I have to clear my cache cookies to do this and every time I reboot the Gmail Notifier Unable To Connect To Server, Can't Open Gmail Webpage In IE7 problem returns and I can no longer access Gmail from IE I have both Gmail and IE set up to use SSL encryption makes no difference enabled or not I have tried uninstalling the notifier removing all traces of it from my system clearing IE's cache cookies and reinstalling with no luck I have reset IE to defaults and this made no difference I have tried without a firewall AV active Using a fully updated XP Pro SP This is a new problem that has plagued only my last few reformats even though I am using the same disk as I have for a while and have never had this problem previously I am using an nLite disk but it has worked fine for at least reformats before I started having problems Thanks for the help If I have left out any information please let me I will reply with it as quickly as I can I will reformart if I need to

A:Gmail Notifier Unable To Connect To Server, Can't Open Gmail Webpage In IE7

Bump.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/gmail-notifier-unable-to-connect-to-server-cant-open-gmail-webpage-in-ie7-293242.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi thanks in advance for your help I recently switched to using my cable company MediaCom for my ISP about a month ago and made the mistake of installing their software and believe that they have hijacked IE Normally this wouldn't be a iTunes hijack affecting Internet connection? Explorer Store Music problem because I use FF but I think that this is blocking access to the iTunes Music Store I did take all of the necessary steps before scanning and posting the following log Thanks again -Craig Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at Internet Explorer hijack affecting iTunes Music Store connection? AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System ibmpmsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA COMMON Stardock SDMCP exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C PROGRA Maxtor OneTouch Utils OneTouch exe C WINDOWS MXOALDR EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Print Anywhere iNotify exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system taskswitch exe C WINDOWS system AEIWLSTA EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files YzShadow YzShadow exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXE C Documents and Settings Craig My Documents My Downloads utorrent exe C Program Files UberIcon UberIcon Manager exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files LClock LClock exe C Program Files FolderSize FolderSizeSvc exe C WINDOWS System Fast exe C WINDOWS System QCONSVC EXE C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exe C Program Files Salling Software AB Salling Clicker WinClicker exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpohmr exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exe C Program Files Launchy Launchy exe C Program Files Rainlendar Rainlendar exe C Program Files Trillian trillian exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpoevm exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files UPHClean uphclean exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Bin hpoSTS exe C Program Files iTunes iTunes exe C WINDOWS System HPZipm exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Bin hpoSTS exe C HJT HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId amp clcid SUB CLCID R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Mediacom Online R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer walledgarden mchsd com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride mchsd com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run MaxtorOneTouch C PROGRA Maxtor OneTouch Utils OneTouch exe O - HKLM Run MXOBG C WINDOWS MXOALDR EXE O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec... Read more

A:Internet Explorer hijack affecting iTunes Music Store connection?

Hello crsd36,

Sorry for the wait. I see you have P2P software (i.e. utorrent) installed on your machine. We are not here to pass judgment on file-sharing as a concept. However, we will warn you that engaging in this activity and having this kind of software installed on your machine will always make you more susceptible to re-infections. It may be contributing to your current situation.

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad in order to assist you when carrying out the following instructions. If there is anything you don't understand, please ask BEFORE proceeding with the fixes. Please do these steps in order and do not skip any.

Unhide Files
Go to My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > View tab and select "Show hidden files and folders". Uncheck the "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)" option. Also make sure there is no checkmark beside "Hide file extensions for known file types". Click OK.

Download CWShredder
Download CWShredder and run it. Click Check for Update. Click on 'I Agree' button if you agree. Click on 'Fix' (it will automatically fix anything it finds for you) and then click OK. If it asks if you want to delete a certain random file, choose No and post that filename here. Let it finish the scan and then hit Next and Exit.

Download CleanUp!
Download and install CleanUp! but do not run it yet.

WARNING: CleanUp! deletes EVERYTHING out of temporary folders and does not make backups. If you have any documents or programs that are saved in any temporary folders, please make a backup of these before running CleanUp!

WARNING: Do not run cleanup under Windows XP x64 Edition. If you're not sure if you have the 64-bit version of Windows then you probably do not; however, you can check by using IE to download the whichcpu tool and then running it.

Download Ewido
Please download, install, and update Ewido Anti-Spyware.Load Ewido and then click the Shield tab at the topClick on the word active to change it to inactive.

Click the Update tab at the top:Under Manual update, click Start update. After the update finishes, the status bar at the bottom will display "Update successful". If you are having trouble updating, you can also download and run the manual updater.
Under Automatic update, change the Update interval to something more reasonable like 12 or 24 hours.

Click the Scanner tab at the top and then the Settings sub-tab:Under How to act?, click Recommended actions and select Quarantine.
Under Reports, select Automatically generate report after every scan

Close Ewido. Do not run a scan with it yet.

Disable Service
Click Start>Run - type SERVICES.MSC and then click on the OK button.Locate the service - Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Helper
Stop the service by using the Stop button.
Change the Startup Type to Disabled and click the OK button.
Start HiJackThis and go to Config... -> Misc.Tools -> Delete an NT service.
Copy the following text (minus the quotes) and paste it into the popup box that appears. Note that there is a leading space: " 11F??#????`I"
Click the OK button and answer No if prompted to reboot.

Disable Windows Defender
Please disable your Windows Defender Real-time Protection, as it may hinder the removal of some entries. To disable Defender:Open Windows Defender.
Click on Tools, General Settings.
Scroll down and uncheck Turn on real-time protection (recommended).
After you uncheck this, click on the Save button and close Windows Defender.

Reboot
Reboot your system to Safe Mode by repeatedly tapping the F8 key until the menu appears and choosing Safe Mode from the list. On some systems, this may be the F5 key so try that if F8 doesn't work. Login on with your usual account. Make sure to close any open windows.

HijackThis Fixes
Open HijackThis and click on 'Do a System Scan Only'. Check the following entries if they still exist (make sure you do not miss any): ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/internet-explorer-hijack-affecting-itunes-music-store-connection-116333.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I have not been able to connect to the Itunes store since March. I have been working on the computer doing everything Apple Support says to do and doing what I have been able to research on google. I still have the same error message of Itunes could not connect to the itunes store. The network timed out. I have uninstalled every program that was installed on the computer since February and uninstalled some of the updates for the computer and it still won't work (i re-installed the updates). I have turned off all the firewalls and anti-virus with no help. I am at the end of my rope trying to figure this out. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated, I can provide the Itunes diagnostics if wanted. Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/itunes-could-not-connect-to-the-itunes-store-403146.html
Relevancy 76.97%

First of all, I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place. If it's not, please move it and I apologize.

Recently, I replaced my router after having some issues with the old one. I configured it and everything works great, except that I can't connect to the iTunes store! I keep getting the message "Make sure your network connection is active and try again." I believe the new router settings might be blocking it, but I can't access the settings through what I believe was the IP address I gave to it. Any help?

EDIT: Just confirmed that I CAN connect to the iTunes store through a wireless laptop, so I don't think it's the router's fault. This is QUITE annoying.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-connect-to-the-itunes-store-448237.html
Relevancy 76.97%

To update my album artwork The iTunes website has been unhelpful so far in solving this problem I have the processes allowed on my Spyhunter Security Suite and it is allowed in Windows Firewall as well as Store... cannot connect to iTunes I on my McAffee When I try to connect I get the error that iTunes cannot connec to the iTunes store and my network connection has timed out When I ran iTunes Diagnostic this is what came up Any help is appreciated Microsoft Windows Vista Home Edition Build Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion dv RV UA ABA iTunes QuickTime FairPlay CD Driver CD Driver DLL Apple Mobile Device Bonjour iTunes I cannot connect to iTunes Store... Serial Number Current user is not an administrator The current local date and time is - - iTunes is not running in safe mode Video Display Information NVIDIA NVIDIA I cannot connect to iTunes Store... GeForce Go External Plug-ins I cannot connect to iTunes Store... Information No external plug-ins installed Network Connectivity Tests Network Adapter Information Adapter Name D BFB- - C - E- D DD EC Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Network Connection IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Enabled Yes DHCP Server Lease Obtained Sat Feb Lease Expires Sun Mar DNS Servers Adapter Name D E - E - F - C- CCCAB Description Intel R PRO PL Network Connection IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Enabled Yes DHCP Server Lease Obtained Wed Dec Lease Expires Wed Dec DNS Servers Active Connection LAN Connection Connected Yes Online Yes Using Modem No Using LAN Yes Using Proxy Yes HTTP Proxy SSL Support Enabled TLS Support Disabled Firewall Information Windows Firewall is on iTunes is enabled in Windows Firewall Connection attempt to Apple web site was unsuccessful The network connection timed out Connection attempt to iTunes Store was unsuccessful The network connection timed out Secure connection attempt to iTunes Store was unsuccessful The network connection timed out Secure connection attempt to iPhone activation server unsuccessful The network connection timed out Last successful store access was - -

A:I cannot connect to iTunes Store...

Have you tried disabling Spyhunter & McAffee to see if you can connect to iTunes store

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/i-cannot-connect-to-itunes-store-350954.html
Relevancy 76.97%

For about 2 months now, my iTunes has not been able to connect to the iTunes store.

I'm using Windows 7 64bit. Windows Firewall is turned off, as is the firewall in my router. I've got the latest version of iTunes installed (just reinstalled the latest version today).

The message I get when I try to connect is:

iTunes could not connect to the iTunes Store. The network connection timed out.

Make sure your network settings are correct, and your network connection is active, then try again.

Nothing is disabled in the parental tab in itunes preferences.

I don't have a pop up blocker.
My iTunes copy is up to date.
Not on XP so Service Pack 2 is irrelevant.
Windows Firewall and my router firewall are both off.
I haven't switched to a new ISP.
I've flushed my DNS.
Any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-to-itunes-store.988088/
Relevancy 76.97%

I open iTunes and it tries to access the iTunes store but fails I get the message iTunes could not connect to the iTunes store Connection timed out Make sure your network settings are correct and your network connection is active then try again I have tried various option - store iTunes connect to can't trawled iTunes store - can't connect to for on Google and can report that Windows firewall is turned off on my computer I use Zone Alarm latest version but iTunes store - can't connect to I turned this off temporarily Internet is connecting OK and mail program Outlook Express is OK The iTunes test of network settings reports OK Registry has been cleaned with several cleaners I am running the latest iTunes I am running IE Talktalk says that as long as internet connections OK that is it they do not support iTunes On Tools Internet options connections LAN nothing is ticked Changes I have made recently were to try and combat a warning about the Sality virus I thought this might be a scam virus That is why I updated Zone Alarm But in any case as I could not get iTunes after doing this I reverted to a previous image using Acronis That should have taken me back to a previous version of Zone Alarm What else can I do please nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-store-cant-connect-to.938693/
Relevancy 76.97%

I have downloaded iTunes, opened it and now it cannot connect to the iTunes store. I have tried to turn off both of my firewalls, I have a clear internet connection and can't seem to find anyone with the same problem online.

A:itunes cannot connect to store

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Do you get an error when connecting to the iTunes store?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/itunes-cannot-connect-to-store-703922.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi All,
I cannot connect to Internet Explorer. There is a wifi connection because i can connect to some sites through safari, but i cannot connect through IE explorer, facebook, gmail, google.com (but can search through google.ca. I tried downloading rootkit and the file said "connect run because missing some files".

Please help.

A:Cannot connect to google, gmail, facebook, IE 7

What anti virus scans have you run?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/362182/cannot-connect-to-google-gmail-facebook-ie-7/
Relevancy 76.54%

It's just a small problem. I have my windows Media Player. How can I store my all music that I downloaded from MP3 website free download? Or is there any software I can download free and stored my music MP3 there coz I don'feel comfortable with windows Media Player? Thanks guyzz.... I'm just newbie in computer.

A:Software To Store Music

Windows Media Player is just a tool to view all of your stored music, and if you choose to let it do so, it will organize your library as well. All the MP3 files are still just on your hard disk, wherever you saved them to.

Some other programs to view, edit, and play your music are available:

iTunes
WinAmp
RealPlayer

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/116577-software-store-music.html
Relevancy 76.11%

itunes will open but when i ty to connect to the itunes store this message comes up -

"itunes coud not connect to the itunes store. the network connection timed out. make sure your network settings are correct and your network connection is active then try again"

there is nothing wrong with my internet connection?

someone help please

A:[SOLVED] cannot connect to itunes store?

Hi,

Sorry, I should have made it clear on the other thread that the process that I had you stop so you could start iTunes (the Bonjour Service) was the part of iTunes that dealt with the networking requirements, which includes the iTunes Store.

You could try re-enabling the Bonjour service after you have started iTunes and see if you can get it to load successfully. Who knows, maybe once it gets a chance to sort itself out you won't have to disable it in order to start iTunes.

Reventon

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-cannot-connect-to-itunes-store-479244.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi just brought an ipod and downloaded itunes but my laptop wont connect to the itunes store, it says basically it cant connect and that i need to take a look at my network settings? but i have no idea what they are meant to all be on. i have this same problem with steam aswell and got so frustrated i ended up deleting it even though i have games on there. im not the best on pcs please could you help me cahnge the settings to what they need to be on. thanks, rob

Relevancy 76.11%

OK. I have Windows Vista. I have ITunes. My son's Iphone, when plugged in, does show as a device. However, after 30 seconds or so, I always get this error:
We could not complete your ITunes Store request. The network connection timed out. Make sure your network setups are correct and your network connection is active then try again.

Well ... I certainly have a network connection, so I doubt that's the problem. What now?

A:iphone can't connect to ITunes store

What version of iTunes do you have? What browser are you using (ex) IE9,8, Firefox8, 7 etc, Chrome?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/iphone-cant-connect-to-itunes-store-615047.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi y all I upgraded my Itunes to the newest version and now cannot iTunes my store connect to account I cannot connect to the Itunes store the search bar just keeps seeking but cannot connect to my iTunes store account never connects I am running a HP pavillion a t w vista premium I ran a self-diagnostic and sent it to apple support but they never reply I do get an error when I try to sign into the store from the web not my itunes library My Ipod synchs ok but I cannot purchase new music or update or seek album artwork It s really frustrating I tried to turn off all my anti virus and firewalls to no avail I also following their intructions went into command prompt and flushed my dns whatever that is Any advice would be most welcome peace boulonman PS here is a clipboard copy of my self-diagnostic results as reccomended by I tunes Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition Service Pack Build HP-Pavilion NE AV-ABA a t iTunes QuickTime FairPlay Apple Application Support iPod Updater Library d CD Driver CD Driver DLL Apple Mobile Device Apple Mobile Device Driver Bonjour Gracenote SDK Gracenote MusicID Gracenote Submit Gracenote DSP iTunes Serial Number xxxxxxxxxxxxx Current user is not an administrator The current local date and time is - - iTunes is not running in safe mode WebKit accelerated compositing is enabled HDCP is not supported Core Media is supported Video Display Information NVIDIA NVIDIA GeForce GE Standard display types Standard VGA Graphics Adapter External Plug-ins Information No external plug-ins installed The driver AFS SYS is installed on the system Network Connectivity Tests Network Adapter Information Adapter Name E D - FCE- C -A -B EE Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Enabled Yes DHCP Server Lease Obtained Fri Apr Lease Expires Sat Apr DNS Servers Active Connection LAN Connection Connected Yes Online Yes Using Modem No Using LAN Yes Using Proxy No Firewall Information Windows Firewall is off Connection attempt to Apple web site was unsuccessful The network connection timed out Basic connection to the store failed The network connection timed out Connection attempt to Gracenote server was successful The network connection timed out Last successful iTunes Store access was - - Device Connectivity Tests iPodService is currently running iTunesHelper is currently running Apple Mobile Device service is currently running Universal Serial Bus Controllers Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller Device is working properly Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller Device is working properly FireWire IEEE Host Controllers VIA OHCI Compliant IEEE Host Controller Device is working properly Connected Device Information ALAN S IPOD E iPod nano nd Generation running firmware version Serial Number xxxxxxxxx Bus Speed Most Recent Devices Not Currently Connected iPhone G running firmware version Serial Number xxxxxxxxxx Device Sync Tests No iPod iPhone or iPad found AND MY SYSTEM INFO Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista amp Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R Dual CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GE Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB K Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard FOXCONN Napa Antivirus Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live Anti-Virus Disabled nbsp

Relevancy 75.68%

Hi

I have had the above described problem for over a month now and despite trawling the internet and trying the remedies offered, I still find myself unable to connect to the iTunes store or any Apple website.

This has been the case since I purchased an iPhone and installed (via file Hippo) the latest version of iTunes.

To date, these are the fixes I have tried:

Allowed iTunes through both Windows firewall & AVG Internet security firewall ( I use AVG, not the Windows firewall)
Ensured proxy server option was unchecked in LAN settings
Deleted iTunes preferences XML files
Reinstalled iTunes after removing all traces of Apple files from my computer.

The message I get when the iTunes store cannot connect is "iTunes could not connect to the iTunes store. Please make sure your network connection is active and try again"

My ISP is Onetel.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Many thanks.

BB

A:cannot connect to iTunes store or any apple web site

There is a good chance the the AVG firewall is causing this problem. The thread in the link below talks about this problem and how to adjust the AVG firewall.

Apple - Support - Discussions - iTunes Remote AVG Firewall ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/109098-cannot-connect-itunes-store-any-apple-web-site.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Please Help Whenever I try to access the iTunes Store it says quot We could not complete your iTunes request The network connection was refused Make sure your network settings are correct and your network connection is active then try again quot I don't use Norton Security I ran a diagnostic review in iTunes if that connect iTunes [SOLVED] Can't website to Store/Apple helps Network Connectivity Tests Network Adapter Information Adapter Name C C C -CCA - F -A - B DED A Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Enabled Yes DHCP Server Lease Obtained Thu Jan Lease Expires Thu Jan DNS Servers Adapter Name B D A -B - FB- - C F F D Description Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP [SOLVED] Can't connect to iTunes Store/Apple website Enabled Yes DHCP [SOLVED] Can't connect to iTunes Store/Apple website Server Lease Obtained Fri Aug Lease Expires Mon Aug DNS Servers Adapter Name - - D -BC -EE A CF Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Enabled Yes DHCP Server Lease Obtained Thu Jan Lease Expires Thu Jan DNS Servers Active Connection LAN Connection Connected Yes Online Yes Using Modem No Using LAN Yes Using Proxy No Firewall Information Windows Firewall is on iTunes is enabled in Windows Firewall Connection attempt to Apple web site was unsuccessful The network connection timed out Connection attempt to browsing iTunes Store was unsuccessful The network connection timed out Connection attempt to purchasing from iTunes Store was successful Connection attempt to iPhone activation server was successful Connection attempt to firmware update server was unsuccessful The network connection timed out Connection attempt to Gracenote server was successful Last successful iTunes Store access was - - thanks heaps

A:[SOLVED] Can't connect to iTunes Store/Apple website

See if this helps:

Can't connect to the iTunes Store

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-cant-connect-to-itunes-store-apple-website-704646.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi,

Bought this laptop near on 3 years ago. Since then I have NEVER been able to update windows, access the itunes store, IE, steam and a few other programs. I can however use the internet with chrome, firefox with no problems whatsoever.

I have just got an iphone 6 (having forgotten about this issue) and hit my head against a wall remembering that I can't put my music onto my computer because I can't access the itunes store.

Things I have done so far to try and solve the issue:

1) Temporarily disabled antivirus software (AVG)
2) Made sure I'm not using a proxy
3) Repairing my internet connection
4) Reinstalling said programs which don't work (itunes, steam etc)
5) Restarting in safe mode with networking
6) Performing a clean boot

please please please can someone give me any suggestions?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/cannot-connect-to-windows-update-itunes-store-steam-ie-and-others-1053114.html
Relevancy 74.82%

My dad has an issue with his Windows 7 home edition laptop, he cant get any updates on AVG, Itunes or access the itunes store, he keeps getting error messages denying access. Hes using the 64bit Itunes lastest version (I uninstalled his very out of date itunes last night and downloaded the new version) but still the store wont open!

Any help would be great!!!

We use Firefox rather than IE explorer also.

Also theres a "Moveslink" box that pops up on startup,"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resourse that is unavailable"!?!?!?!

Relevancy 73.96%

Hi everyone. I am running 98se, and was looking for a good free software to convert store bought music cds into mp3 format to take up less space on my hd, any out there? Thanks for your time, and any help.

Regards
Peters321

Relevancy 70.09%

Hi guys For various reasons i How listening with files software? iTunes other to for export use 'organised' music want to move from using iTunes to using Winamp However iTunes has my music organised into folders by artist not by the album they were originally from Some albums with guest artists on every track would be easy to organise into a file resembling the original album however others with a guest artist on only one track might be quite difficult to reorganise due to the size of my music collection I understand that iTunes How to export iTunes 'organised' music files for use with other listening software? inserts tags into the file so that it can play albums through iTunes itself Is there a way or a piece of software to export How to export iTunes 'organised' music files for use with other listening software? the actual music files from my iTunes How to export iTunes 'organised' music files for use with other listening software? library into files akin to those from the original cd s so that I can easily switch to using Winamp If not it would appear I have discovered one more layer of evilness to Apple that locks me into using their software for life as I don t have the time or patience to review all of my music amp reorganise all of the files by album under artist I am deeply regretting the day when I began with iTunes amp ticked that keep my music organised check box Any information would be greatly appreciated I am new to this site amp did check the forums but did not find any relevant answers Haydn

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/260408/how-to-export-itunes-organised-music-files-for-use-with-other-listening-software/
Relevancy 68.37%

So I am finally going to update my Touch to 3.0 (from 2.2.1). I connected it to my PC and opened iTunes. However, when I click "Update" it instantly says it can't connect to the update server because I have no internet connection. But as you can see, I do.

I vaguely remember this happening once before, and it had something to do with a setting in Internet Explorer (or Internet Options in Control Panel). I have done a couple of Google searches, but I cannot find where it says to change the setting. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

I did do a search on Apple's website about this, and they said to check the Automaticly Detect Settings under LAN settings... I did that, but it didn't help.

A:iTunes cannot connect to update server. Need Help

Ok, I am not too sure how I fixed it, but I am currently downloading the 3.0 software. The ONLY change I made was on my Touch's Sync window, I went to the Applications tab and checked "Sync Applications" (because I wasn't able to sync apps from itunes to my touch). So after I synced the apps I kept looking around the net for a place to download it outside of iTunes. I followed a link on Apple's site, and, as usual, it opened iTunes... but this time IT WORKED!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-cannot-connect-to-update-server-need-help.850365/
Relevancy 64.5%

Everytime I search iTunes Store, iTunes crashes with the following error:

Descri??o
Caminho de Aplica??o Com Falha: C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunes.exe

Assinatura do problema
Nome do Evento do Problema: APPCRASH
Nome da aplica??o: iTunes.exe
Vers?o da aplica??o: 10.6.3.25
Carimbo de Data/Hora da Aplica??o: 4fd16377
Nome do M?dulo com Falhas: iTunes.dll
Vers?o do M?dulo com Falhas: 10.6.3.25
Carimbo de Data/Hora do M?dulo com Falhas: 4fd1634f
C?digo de excep??o: 40000015
Desvio de Excep??o: 008fa571
Vers?o do SO: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
ID de Regi?o: 2070
Informa??es Adicionais 1: abf3
Informa??es Adicionais 2: abf39c60f5b2910186e800f2b107a643
Informa??es Adicionais 3: 7f4c
Informa??es Adicionais 4: 7f4c1b3385cc14fb1feff5dc2f85db56

Informa??es adicionais sobre o problema
ID do Registo: 3016477083

I am using Windows 7 Professional 64bits

Thanks

A:Everytime I search iTunes Store, iTunes crashes

You might try a repair by going to Control Panel -> Programs and Features, right click iTunes and select repair. If that doesn't cut it, you might try uninstalling and reinstall.

Did this issue appear with the last update?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/239625-everytime-i-search-itunes-store-itunes-crashes.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I cant download any podcasts etc as the link to itunes store just gives a blank page..help anyone?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/554423/itunesunable-to-access-itunes-store/
Relevancy 61.06%

mediamonkey corrupted my ipod (again) so i installed itunes to restore it. i've not used it on windows 7 before.

i'm online, but i get an error that says itunes cannot connect to the ipod software update server.

apple says to do this:

iTunes for Windows: iTunes cannot contact the iPod or iPhone software update server

is there an equivalent action in windows 7? what exactly does this do to solve the problem?

(i'm on a wireless connection...)

thanks!

A:ipod software update server - cannot connect

i'm bumping this thread with a new issue - the movie database sofware Media Man is also not connecting, even with my firewall disabled. i have no issues with firefox or ie getting online. what could be blocking these other apps?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/4099-ipod-software-update-server-cannot-connect.html
Relevancy 61.06%

How do I transfer iphone music that is in itunes to window pc itunes ? this include purchased and non-purchased from itunes.

A:how to move iphone music in itunes to windows itunes

You can't transfer non purchased music to iTunes from your iphone, you will have to import it from another source. For the music purchased from the iTunes store there are two ways to do it. The easiest is to authorize the computer in iTunes and redownload the purchased items. Here's a link that explains both options. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201267 .

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/25468-how-move-iphone-music-itunes-windows-itunes.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I'm fairly computer literate with most things but when it comes to ports, and routers, and firewalls i'm pretty much a noob.

My friends and I have been using Ventrilo for a few weeks with me running the server from my computer. A few days ago i had to put norton antivirus on my computer to get ride of a virus. Ever since then i can't connect to my Ventrilo server and neither can anyone else. I uninstalled it and everything but it must have changed one of my windows network settings. The windows firewall isn't up but something is blocking stuff. Anyone have any idea how to make stuff like that work again? Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-my-ventrilo-server-since-installing-anti-virus-software.19528/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have tried to register my Sibelius music composition software, but it says it can't connect to the internet - there's a problem connecting to the Internet. Is there some firewall or something I need to remove for it to do so?

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/music-composition-software-sibelius-cant-connect-to-the-internet-to-register-168175.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello,

Last night I thought my internet went down, but turns out it's something else.

Weirdly enough only Gmail and Facebook work completely fine, but I can't access any other webpages.  If I try to open another page, it loads for an infinite amount of time, until I close the browser. My laptop is running Windows 8.

I use Firefox and this is also the case for IE.

I've tried looking up the problem online and it seems as though everyone has different solutions but none of them have worked for me.  I found someone with the same exact problem on here but it looks like he never followed up.

I also tried ipconfig /flushdns and that didn't do anything.

I have finals coming up and need the internet, help please!

A:Only Gmail and Facebook Will Load

Update: it appears as though only websites with an https:// prefix work, anything with an http does not work.  I still need assistance.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/598584/only-gmail-and-facebook-will-load/
Relevancy 57.19%

I'm using Chrome. In some sites I get an annoying pop-in showing Facebook, Gmail, LinkedIn, and other clickables. I don't know any other way to explain it. I have pasted a clip of it. Is there a way to turn this off?

A:Facebook/Gmail/LinkedIn/... pop-in

This doesn’t sound like a feature that you can turn off. Most of these share pop-ups are produced using JavaScript. You can try running NoScript if you’re using Firefox. But if you’re using Chrome , the options are more limited.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/32276-facebook-gmail-linkedin-pop.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi I'm not amazingly internet savvy but I've been having an annoying problem that is really frustrating me Basically I have a problem that the first page of certain websites load and then any other pages from that page take forever to load The main problems are Gmail I log in and then if I want to read an email it takes forever to load and then quot this page cannot be displayed quot Same with Facebook I log in but anything else takes forever and won't load With my HSBC online banking it is the same when I try and transfer money it just takes forever and Gmail, hsbc facebook, then won't load No I won't try and transfer you money as a test I have a feeling this may have something to do with logging in and security issues or maybe javascript I can sometimes fix the problem for a few minutes by clearing cookies and temp files Anyone have the same problem or any ideas on how I can fix it as it's really annoying Thanks

A:Gmail, facebook, hsbc

what msie version are you using? give firefox or opera a try to see if its a browser problem or something else

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/gmail-facebook-hsbc-303762.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Can someone tell me why i cannot get onto the itunes store,
I have been using the itunes store for over 1 year and now it has stopped.
I have been intouch with Itunes and Apple,
I have uninstalled and reinstalled new software and old software but have got no joy, i dont think Itunes knows what the problem is,
I have spent hours on this problem.
Thanks Alanw.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/itunes-store-218322.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Anyone using Face Book Windows 10 Version App From the Store
A new Version is Waiting to be downloaded and installed
Version 4.1.0.214.191

A:New Version of Windows 10 Facebook App Ready in Store

Thanks for the info

I quite like the facebook app, just needs a bit of speed optimizing for me

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/50897-new-version-windows-10-facebook-app-ready-store.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi all my hd was getting abit full so managed to get hold of a gig unit all seems fine fitted in case ok set to slave etc my problem is i have loads of music i was hoping to put on this hd but when i do wmp cant find it i know its because windows cant find the path anymore so how do i change it so i can put all my music on new hd and any new the How on new hdd music store to music is stored here too How to store music on the new hdd and wmp can find it it must be an easy fix but if ya dont know how to do it ya just dont know how to do it and i dont my machine is xp sp gig hd gig hd pentium gig ram O yes while im here has anyone come across this one wmp issue about of the time when i switch between playlists instead of a black background with the track text in white i get random lines where the background is white with white text cant see the track info to sort it all i need to do is klick library options then choose columns then just ok it and bingo sorted just abit anoying any ideas thanks in advance nbsp

A:How to store music on the new hdd

look im sorry if i have offended anyone by posting some kind of dumb question but its a genuine question .i am not the most clued up person with regard to computers ,(thats why i asked for help),or is there another reason why questions posted after mine now have upward of 30 replies while i have nothing

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-store-music-on-the-new-hdd.107510/
Relevancy 56.76%

Is there a free online storage where I can store my .mp3 files? I'd need at least a few gigs.

Relevancy 56.76%

My Myspace, Facebook, and email accounts are all hacked. The passwords are all changed and I cant recover them because my email is hacked as well. OMG I really dont know what to do now. Ive noticed svchost.exe taking up 99% CPU usage recently and wonder if this has something to do with it. Im really facking scared. I run scans with Avira and MBAM regularly and so far have come up clean.

A:Myspace, Facebook and Gmail hacked

Please download RootRepeal Rootkit Detector and save it to your Desktop. * Close all programs and temporarily disable your anti-virus, Firewall and any anti-malware real-time protection before performing a scan. * Click this link to see a list of such programs and how to disable them. * Create a new folder on your hard drive called RootRepeal (C:\RootRepeal) and extract (unzip) RootRepeal.zip. (click here if you're not sure how to do this. Vista users refer to this link.) * Open the folder and double-click on RootRepeal.exe to launch it. If using Vista, right-click and Run as Administrator... * Click on the Files tab, then click the Scan button. * In the Select Drives, dialog Please select drives to scan: select all drives showing, then click OK. * When the scan has completed, a list of files will be generated in the RootRepeal window. * Click on the Save Report button and save it as rootrepeal.txt to your desktop or the same location where you ran the tool from. * Open rootrepeal.txt in Notepad and copy/paste its contents in your next reply. * Exit RootRepeal and be sure to re-enable your anti-virus, Firewall and any other security programs you had disabled.Note: If RootRepeal cannot complete a scan and results in a crash report, try repeating the scan in "Safe Mode".

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/244735/myspace-facebook-and-gmail-hacked/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi friends,

Please help me to sync my facebook contacts with Gmail, so that I can email them without difficulty.

Thanks in advance
Aswin

A:Help to sync facebook contacts with Gmail

https://www.facebook.com/googlecontactsync

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/491878/help-to-sync-facebook-contacts-with-gmail/
Relevancy 56.76%

My gmail account got hacked. Offenders changed my pw, alternate email address, and deleted my contacts. They sent email out to all the contacts saying that I was stranded in the UK without money and asking for contacts to respond to arrange to send $2000.00. Offenders changed settings so that response email would be forwarded to their account. Friends who got these fraudulent emails called and alerted me and I contacted gmail and reset the alternate email address so they could send me a link to reset pw. Upon regaining access I discovered the extent of compromise.
I also rec'd email from facebook that my account with them has been breached. I still have not regained access to that.
I had Norton360 v 3.0 running on my computer the whole time. I have scanned my computer with it then with Norton 360 v 4.0 and with Trend Micro and no virus or malware is detectable. How did my account get hacked?????

A:gmail and facebook accounts hacked

Norton is mainly an antivirus product, maybe they include anti-spyware too now, not sure. There are many ways to steal access to your gmail. One of the ways is to install a keylogger on your pc, and steal username and passwords as you type them. But if you have accessed your gmail from another computer, like at university; public library, your friend's PC etc, then it may be that those computers are infected and not yours. Also, it may not be a technical attack. Simply being able to look over your shoulder as you enter the passwords will get you hacked just as easily. Then, there are whats called brute force attacks, where a program simply points to a login page, and tries each combination in sequence till it hits the right one. Gmail may not fall to brute force attacks, but if you use the same password on multiple sites, then there is a chance that they hacked that account first and tried to use the same password on gmail. Then there may have been phishing attempts made at your account and you mistakenly entered your password into a web site that only looks like Gmail. There should be more ways to steal your gmail, but I am not a hacker.

If you are running Trend Micro along with Norton, you might end up with them interferring with each other. You cannot run multiple real-time antivirus products together.

When you reset your Gmail, use a complex passphrase that is easy to remember. Eg. The phrase "Kirk is the rightful captain of the USS Enterprise" can be transformed into "kitrcotusse". Throw in a number and that becomes "kitrc999otusse". Adding a symbol like "&" and using mixed case will help too. The key thing to making brute force attempts harder is making the passphrase longer and not using dictionary words. Also when selecting the security question, just treat it as another passphrase, and avoid things other people can get to know, like things published on Facebook.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gmail-and-facebook-accounts-hacked.937822/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have tried all morning to search for a song on iTunes Store and get the same pop up error message. I did have the version 9.3 but then thought that the prob might be that I haven't updated the version in a long time so I just downloaded version 10 & the same thing happens, I get this message "iTunes has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience"....... then it asks me if I want to send an error report. Hmmmmmmmm. I seem to be able to use iTunes for listening to things I've downloaded and purchased without getting an error, but as soon as I open the iTunes store and type in something into the "search" box, then I get the error. I have a Gateway PC with Windows XP. What do you think? Anyone?

A:iTunes Store error

Was asking a question about iTunes taboo? No thoughts on this from anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-store-error.950815/
Relevancy 56.33%

Because I would like to download an app by an unknown publisher.

A:Is there any malware in the itunes app store?

Is it possible? Yes it's always possible that it could be there. Is it likely? Not really. The itunes app store is one of the better policed sites for apps that contain malware.

Informational article from 2011: http://www.tgdaily.com/security-brief/59539-malware-creeps-into-the-itunes-app-store

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/454814/is-there-any-malware-in-the-itunes-app-store/
Relevancy 56.33%

For a while now and out of nowhere, i have been unable to connect to the iTunes store. I upgraded to iTunes 9 recently to see if that was the problem, but unfortunately is wasn't. I am still unable to connect to the iTunes store. I've tried everything Apple suggests on their support site. I've copied the hosts file and changed it and restarted my computer countless times, ive turned off my firewall and iTunes has always been on the exceptions list, i even triple checked, i've tried connecting directly to my modem, securing my wifi with a password to see of that would work, and i know its not my isp since i cannot connect anywhere with any isp. I've reinstalled iTunes like three times and i don't know what else to do!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-store-connectivity-help.867505/
Relevancy 56.33%

I am having troubles connecting to the itunes store... I've troubleshooted through all the sites, itunes stores and various forums. Frustrating.

the error reads... "Itunes could not connect to the itunes store. Make sure your network connection is active and try again".

The connection is active... it just doesn't work. I've gone through the firewalls and all seem to allows itunes store.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-store-problems.887710/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi, I recently updated to a HP laptop with windows 8 and downloaded iTunes and transferred my music over which I can open and play, however when I try to go the iTunes store I get "iTunes has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." I never get any notification and I can't work out the problem, I have uninstalled and re-installed and still have the same issue. Can someone please help me?
Magpiegirly

A:Can't open iTunes store

Below is an article that will help you isolate the issue.

iTunes for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8: Fix unexpected quits or launch issues

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/37260-cant-open-itunes-store.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Alright, so I have iTunes 9 and it was working for awhile but recently I get this message everytime I try to open the store.

iTunes could not connect to iTunes Store.
Make sure your network connection is active and try again.

I tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling it, but that didn't work. I'm not sure how to check my network connection so that doesn't help either.

Please, this is so annoying, all help is appriciated.

A:iTunes store won't open

My itunes just refused to open after downloading mp3 files from a 3rd party, checked out other suggestions, then decided to used system restore & yessssssssssssss itunes is back in action. oztrish

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-store-wont-open.868628/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey Guys!

Recently when i try to open the Itunes Store on my Sony Vaio Windows Vista laptop, it says I cannot connect to the store and to make sure my network connection is active and try again. Well, my network connection is active, the internet works fine obviously. I'm not sure what the issue is and I would like to fix it! Thanks for any help you can give me!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-store-will-not-open.943777/
Relevancy 56.33%

Every time I try to open my Itunes :/ Open Store Won't Itunes store to download music it says quot Itunes Store Won't Open :/ make sure your network settings and your network connection is active then try again later quot It worked a week or two ago and I have not had any problems I use Kaspersky Anti-virus but i have never had issues with that since i got it a year ago The only change I can think of is that we switched our internet provider from Time Warner to Verizon I am connected to the Internet and it is working fine No problems with anything else I just want to access my Itunes store so if anyone can help that would be a AMAZING I already tried going through internet explorer and turning on something having to do with a proxy didnt work I made sure that my wireless network was set to HOME rather than PUBLIC didnt work I checked to make sure that my Kaspersky allowed it and it does It says my windows firewall allows itunes I am stumped And I know nothing about computers so help would be very appreciated

A:Itunes Store Won't Open :/

That is indeed pretty baffling. Just out of curiosity, do you have another desktop/laptop that you can try connecting to an iTunes store with in your same network? You said the only change you made was an ISP change, so I would start by ruling out any blocks in the road. If another machine on your same network can access the store, we will rule out the ISP differential, and start looking at your computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/itunes-store-wont-open-692997.html
Relevancy 56.33%

If you have purchased a song or album on iTunes, and your hard drive fails or you accidentally delete it, is there a way to re-download it?

A:iTunes Store question

I am afraid you can't find it again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-store-question.674145/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a laptop running w7, yesterday attempted to install itunes for the first time. it partially worked but could not get to the store to buy media.i removed itunes, quicktime, apple support and reinstalled. Updated W7 and any critical updates.

Still with no joy getting itunes store working. I gave up in frustration and returned to the pc this morning and it wont boot. hanging at 'starting windows'. Starting in safe mode also hangs!!!! haylp!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problems-since-itunes-store-621586.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Please can someone help I have an iPOD probably like most iTunes not working Store people Anyhow I am transferring bought CDs onto iPOD Normally iTunes detects the name of artist album and song on CD But last week or so it has not I have uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes but it still doesn t work properly When I try to open the iTunes Store the following error message comes up - iTunes couldn t connect to the iTunes STore The network connection timed out Make sure your network settings are correct and your network connection is active then try again My connection is active I ran a network diagnostics on iTunes and what I noticed iTunes Store not working is that the DHCP from the DNS is not enabled I don t know what DHCP stands for but I have do have a feeling that iTunes Store not working this is the problem I asked a friend of mine who also has iTunes and he told me that his DHCP DNS is enabled How can I enable this Like I said it used to work but lately it hasn t Why is this It worked briefly on Friday afternoon but then the after that day it didn t work anymore I have tried to troubleshoot the problem through iTunes but their recommendations don t help I have a Dell Dimension It runs Windows XP Home Edition nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

Keep getting a message "Cannot access itunes store........check network connection."

A:accessing itunes store

If iTunes is the only site that you can't access, check your firewall to see if it's being blocked.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/accessing-itunes-store-445517.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi !

Since about a month, my browsers (I usually use Chrome, but the same problem happens with Firefox or IE) only open Facebook, Gmail and the Google homepage / Google search results. If I try to open another page, it loads for an infinite amount of time, until I close the browser. My laptop is running Windows 8.

I've tried looking up the problem on the internet, and it seems everyone has a different solution. What I've tried so far is pinging different addresses:

ping google.com responds and the webpage loads
ping yahoo.com responds but the webpage doesn't load
ping 4.2.2.1 responds

I've also tried ipconfig /flushdns, to no avail.

Could you please help me ?

Thanks a lot !

A:Browsers only open Facebook and Google/Gmail

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop.* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.* Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtDownload Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log-xxxxx.txt and system-log.txt Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.Do not reboot until instructed.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill log.Post it in your next reply.NOTE. rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.NOTE Do NOT wrap your logs in "quote" or "code" brackets.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505164/browsers-only-open-facebook-and-googlegmail/
Relevancy 55.9%

I ve attempted to find a similar problem on this site but haven t run across anything similar hence this post Received a BSOD while attempting to access the iTunes Store I m able to open iTunes and navigate the when BSOD connecting iTunes the to Store different options however once I select the option iTunes Store there is an immediate BSOD Background I ve had iTunes working before and I m not sure what changed I definitely didn BSOD when connecting to the iTunes Store t add remove or change the hardware I did load a new version of iTunes I ve updated windows patches BSOD when connecting to the iTunes Store service packs and that is about it I ve looked for updated DLL but found the one loaded on my PC was a newer version than the ones I found on line Any thoughts would be helpful Here are the specifics of the system and BSOD Del Insiron S Intel Duo CPU E GHz WinXP ver SP Anti-Virus Software Norton iTunes Task Manager Shows ATI evxx exe running Memory appears not to be an issue Version of ati duag running dated BSOD Info Stop x E xC xBF xA A B C xA A B ATI duag dll address BF base at BF B B datestamp EB Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

A:BSOD when connecting to the iTunes Store

I'm adding the resolution incase someone else has a similar problem they might consider this same approach/check.

The resolution in this case was to simply replace the ati3duag file. I searched my c: drive for the file and found it in several directories. I used one of them to replace the file I was using.

Explanation:
The version of ati3duag [6.14.10.10.532 dated 10/7/2007] obviously wasn't working under the conditions I defined in the original post. What happen is I became suspicious of this version as I read other posts so I simply looked for all occurences on my harddrive. The version I was using, 6.14.10.10.532, was in my C:\i386 and c:\windows\system32 directories. I found other versions of this file in my c:\windows\driver cache\i386 for service packs 2 and 3 upgrades. They were two different versions; I based that on the date of the files. I used the version from service pack 3 and placed it in the 2 directories mentioned and iTunes worked as I expected before I received the BSOD.

The moral of the story is to see if you have multiple versions of the file the BSOD is complaining about.

I didn't include how I became suspecious because it was based on how several others answered similar posts and 'how I think' which is impossible to explain...my wife will attest to that. I hope this helps you.

P.S. No I don't know how the incorrect version got on there in the first place.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-when-connecting-to-the-itunes-store.992108/
Relevancy 55.9%

Whenever I try to access the iTunes music store, I get an error message saying "iTunes could not connect to the music store, make sure your network is active and try again". I have a cable internet connection, so I'm always on. I have already checked the firewall settings on McAfee and given full access to iTunes and iTunes helper. Any ideas? Any help will be appreciated.

Relevancy 55.9%

I'm trying to download some free apps from the iTunes Store and to do so I need to create an iTunes Store account which I understand has to be done from within the iTunes site not from my browser So I launched the iTunes Store app found the free app I need and when I clicked on it the screen to create an account came up But then I got an error message saying Item Not Available make sure create account Can't Store iTunes your computer accepts iTunes Music Store cookies and that your computer shows the correct time I went into the control panel and Can't create iTunes Store account the firewall section and made sure that iTunes was allowed in Both public and private are checked But I still get the same error message when trying to create the iTunes Store account By the way the two apps I'm trying to acquire are Meerkat and Periscope If anyone knows of a different and safe way to do so I'd like to hear about it Sorry to be so wordy Thanks so much

A:Can't create iTunes Store account

Hi Mariusz,
Seems like your browser is blocking cookies, which browser you are using?
And don't forget to check the date and time if its true.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/63855-cant-create-itunes-store-account.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi All Not sure why bit recently I have been unable to have certain programs access the internet I have tried everything including reseting my firewall I recently tried to not web Itunes sites store other access Can and uninstall Avira free anti virus software which i thought might be causing the problem Can not access Itunes store and other web sites Unfortunately I can not uninstall that software and get a message that reads quot Set up could not determine the feature control file or was unable to read it quot The programs that can not access the internet are Turbo tax Itunes Blackberry I saw in other post a person asked for the below info so I am posting that as well Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Rob gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Rob-PC Primary Dns Suffix Can not access Itunes store and other web sites Node Type Can not access Itunes store and other web sites Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - F- - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom b g WLAN Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e cfe abb Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday February AM Lease Expires Sunday February AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - F- F- - - - - - E- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap ACE -E - C- -D E D br B E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C E - - - -E A FB br D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e b f ff Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe b f ff Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users Rob gt Any help you could give we be greatly appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/can-not-access-itunes-store-and-other-web-sites-461608.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Since upgrading ITunes from ver 9.0.0.7 to ver 9.2.1.5 the ITunes store window is completely black. My previous ver. worked fine but now I am stuck and unable to se anything. I have found a few things on the internet to try but nothing has worked. Any suggestions?

A:Itunes store window is black

So is mine and has been for iTunes versions 9 and 10, any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-store-window-is-black.939357/
Relevancy 55.9%

Whenever I open the iTunes store, the home pages of all of the sections (Music, App Store, Films etc) are black. They still have clickable hyperlinks, but I can't see what I'm clicking. Any pages accessed through the drop-down menus or by randomly clicking are fine. I also get similar results when I attempt to open iTunes Help. I'm using iTunes 10.1.1.4 on a Windows 7 PC. Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-store-screen-is-black.971215/
Relevancy 55.47%

I'm pretty sure it's a malware problem...
Everything else works fine.
I've done a full virus scan and spyware scan - both came back negative.
Please help!

A:Google search, Gmail, Facebook etc stopped working

Hey, if you're sure this is a malware problem this forum has a nice guide to ridding of malware...

Read this thread and follow the instructions: http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

Cheers,
Jamey

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/google-search-gmail-facebook-etc-stopped-working-271545.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi I've just set up load Gmail. TechSupport, sites: Firefox Facebook, won't particular a new internet Firefox won't load particular sites: TechSupport, Facebook, Gmail. account adsl but am having trouble browsing the internet I use Firefox I'm getting the same problems in IE as well Certain sites like facebook gmail gumtree and tech support forum I'm using another computer to write this won't load or if they do won't work properly I've noticed if I delete the cache cookies etc gmail and facebook will load initially but then stop working There also seems to be a problem with Adobe Flash player - I can't watch the videos on the Fifa website although youtube does seem to work I've tried updating Firefox Flash and Java and have tried running Firefox and IE in safe mode but this doesn't have any effect From a google search it seems this is not an uncommon problem but I can't seem to find any solutions I'm wondering if the problem is a software problem maybe a virus a problem with my routers settings or something to do with my ISP My flatmates computer seems to work fine though which suggests its a problem with my computer I would be very grateful for any help you can provide

A:Firefox won't load particular sites: TechSupport, Facebook, Gmail.

I should add, both IE and Firefox get stuck on 'transferring files' and interactive elements within these sites are inoperable.

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/firefox-wont-load-particular-sites-techsupport-facebook-gmail-496910.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Stared having issues with xbox music today and noticed it had been updated

I went to the store to see if any notes about the update and the app has gone

If I go to rate the app (from it running and using settings) it opens the store and says that the app is no longer available

Can anyone else see this app in the store (I am in the UK) and any idea why it's been pulled, been searching but cannot find anything

A:Xbox Music missing from app store

Hello Paul,

Here's a link to the Music app in the Store. It'll open in your default browser 1st, then open in your Store app.

Music app for Windows in the Windows Store

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/51800-xbox-music-missing-app-store.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Groove music app update available in store. It's still garbage despite the update - out of 4000 songs approx on my PC it only displays album artwork on a handful of files/songs with no rhyme or reason (mix of MP3 and M4a files) despite artwork being embedded correctly. Just as well for iTunes, the traditional Windows explorer thumbnail view and the still included Windows Media Player which all display all the album artwork without issue

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/51946-groove-music-app-updated-store.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello Please look at profile for pc info Thank you for your time To get started this problem happened I believe after the latest iTunes update I figured I would wait until another update was out and then I would see if problem persisted and yes it did Problem halfway loads store iTunes [SOLVED] I was running into initially was the Apple MobileDeviceService was constantly [SOLVED] iTunes store loads halfway running without iTunes being loaded It seems the latest update fixed that The other issue I was having that the update did not fix was itunes store loading halfway no matter how you try to get to it I am not sure where to start buy am somewhat savvoy as I built my own computer buy am somewhat troubled by software troubleshooting I have searched the internet for problem and the only solution that worked for [SOLVED] iTunes store loads halfway others that I tried was listed on this link https discussions apple com thread art amp tstart It basically said about going into the cmd as administrator and typing in quot netsh winsock reset quot and restarting computer and it seemed to have worked for some but not for me I have another PC without windows installed and itunes store works fine I have also tried to completely remove itunes and components and reinstall from the Apple website So far I have had no luck troubleshooting and have had luck in the past with this forum Help is appreciated Here is a pic

A:[SOLVED] iTunes store loads halfway

Maybe this could help?

First thing, make sure you're some version of itunes 10(or what ever the latest version is)
Second, go into parental controls and turn them off and on. By that I mean, itunes menu > edit > preferences > store tab.
Check the itunes store box to disable it, and hit OK.
Then go back and uncheck the itunes store box, and hit OK.

Source

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-itunes-store-loads-halfway-595866.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I just opened itunes amp when i clicked on the itunes store my screen immediately started to flicker on amp itunes screen causing flickr store off every couple of seconds When i go back to my itunes library or exit the program the flickering stops So far this only happens when the itunes store itunes store causing screen flickr is open all other parts of itunes amp other programs including the windows desktop do not cause this issue I made a second video with my cell phone that shows my screen flickering with itunes store causing screen flickr only the itunes store open to see it click on the link below Because of my seizure disorder i can t use the itunes store until this issue is resolved because itunes store causing screen flickr this flickering could cause me to have a seizure so i m hoping somebody can help me resolve it asap Link to video https www flickr com gp N AYr itunes version bit My PC is a Dell Inspiron Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU U GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc FXP Y Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled nbsp

A:itunes store causing screen flickr

Update: I decided to have dell support assistant which came preinstalled on my laptop do a diagnostic stress test on all of the hardware on my machine & everything passed. This test makes me think the issue could be a software problem in the itunes store but i'm not 100% sure. If you want to see the results log it's in the attached text document because it's too long to post directly in here.

Almost forgot i used the itunes feedback forum to make itunes support aware of this problem. If they contact me i'll post what they say here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-store-causing-screen-flickr.1162559/
Relevancy 55.47%

I was unable to download the latest update to IOS through itunes I did it secure to store itunes link failed directly in my phone I noticed another problem at the same time I was unable to download podcasts through the itunes store I tried to update to the latest version but I was unable to It looks like it started to connect to the itunes store then stopped I ran the itunes diagnostic and got this message secure link to itunes store failed I did some searching and most places suggested going to the compand prompt typing netsh winsock reset and then rebooting I did but still have the same problem I've done it twice the first time simply restarting and then turning off and waiting a few minutes and turning back on Here are some of secure link to itunes store failed the details from the itunes diagnostic Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack Build Dell Inc Inspiron iTunes QuickTime FairPlay Apple Application Support iPod Updater Library CD Driver CD Driver DLL Apple Mobile Device Apple Mobile Device Driver Bonjour Gracenote SDK Gracenote MusicID Gracenote Submit Gracenote DSP Another suggestion was to check to make sure that itunes is enabled on the security firewall it is Someone else suggested deleting itunes completely and reinstalling I'd rather not do that if I don't have to Any other suggestions Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583974/secure-link-to-itunes-store-failed/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi I upgraded from iTunes - and as soon as I upgraded i could no longer get to the itunes store or update my ipod from version firmware to version I then saw there was a new working.. store ---- help stopped all - 6 the update 7 iTunes itunes out or something and I updated but I still can t connect I followed every tutorial iTunes update 6 - 7 ---- stopped all the store working.. help making sure there wasn t a firewall blocking it making sure windows wasn t blocking it etc and looked everywhere for a solution but i can t find one Help please How can I A Upgrade from - version B Connect to the Apple Store I copied the network diagonostic things from out of Itunes here they are Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack Build Hewlett-Packard PPPPPP-ABA MMMMM iTunes Current user is an administrator Network Adapter Information Adapter Name B CE D-A - -AAC -DA ED E Description Belkin g Network Adapter - Packet Scheduler Miniport IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Enabled Yes DHCP Server Lease Obtained Fri Sep Lease Expires Sat Sep DNS Servers Adapter Name A D E - F- - C -C E CF E Description Realtek iTunes update 6 - 7 ---- stopped all the store working.. help RTL Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC - Packet Scheduler Miniport IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Enabled No DNS Servers Network Connection Information Active Connection LAN Connection Connected Yes Online Yes Using Modem No Using LAN Yes iTunes update 6 - 7 ---- stopped all the store working.. help Using Proxy No SSL Support Enabled TLS Support Enabled Firewall Information Windows Firewall is on iTunes is enabled in Windows Firewall Connection attempt to Apple web site was unsuccessful The network connection was refused Connection attempt to iTunes Store was unsuccessful The network connection was refused Secure connection attempt to iTunes Store was unsuccessful The network connection was refused Might help to know i m on wireless internet aswell Any help would be great if you could email me at email protected with your answers that would be fantastic unless i recieve notifications if someone replys on here Cheers Lewis nbsp

A:iTunes update 6 - 7 ---- stopped all the store working.. help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-update-6-7-stopped-all-the-store-working-help.506130/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello,

I have this problem since a week now.

I can browse to any website expect those requiring log in.
Can open google.com but not gmail.
can open yahoo main page but not yahoo mail etc.

During the week I could run Anti-Spyware and found Trojan.Rootkit/gen and removed.
I also have run HJT and posted log in a forum here but no reply.

I decided to format C drive and re-install Windows 7 ultimate. But still the same situation.

Can you please urgently offer help?

Thanks in advance.

A:Can't open gmail, yahoo, hotmail , facebook and bank webpages

Welcome aboard Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and be sure to re-enable your anti-virus, Firewall and any other security programs you had disabled.IMPORTANT! If for some reason GMER refuses to run, try again.If it still fails, try to UN-check "Devices" in right pane.If still no joy, try to run it from Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/415048/cant-open-gmail-yahoo-hotmail-facebook-and-bank-webpages/
Relevancy 55.04%

I ve been told this might be a malware problem I ve tried all of the other solutions for this sort of only a for site couple out Facebook, like Dropbox Connection Gmail, times thing Clearing cache trying multiple browsers checking the hosts file etc O - Options group ACCELERATED GRAPHICS Accelerated graphics O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - - http fpdownload macromedia com get shockwave cabs flash swflash cab O - Protocol dssrequest - F E- B- E - B - E CC - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dll O - Protocol sacore - F E- B- E - B - E CC - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dll O - Protocol skype-ie-addon-data - -D - E -B - B B A - C Program Files x Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - Protocol skype com - FFC B - B - DFF- - C DD F D - C PROGRA COMMON Skype SKYPE DLL O - Filter application x-mfe-ipt - EF B- - -A - C D - c progra mcafee msc mcsniepl dll O - Filter hijack text xml - E - - D -A - B D E - Connection times out only for a couple site like Gmail, Facebook, Dropbox C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared OFFICE MSOXMLMF DLL O - Service McAfee Application Installer Cleanup mcinstcleanup - Unknown owner - C Windows TEMP EXE file missing O - Service SystemRoot system Alg exe - ALG - Unknown owner - C Windows System alg exe file missing O - Service Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc - C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe O - Service avast Antivirus - AVAST Software - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe O - Service Bonjour Service - Apple Inc - C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder Connection times out only for a couple site like Gmail, Facebook, Dropbox exe O - Service SystemRoot system efssvc dll - EFS - Unknown owner - C Windows System lsass exe file missing O - Service systemroot system fxsresm dll - Fax - Unknown owner - C Windows system fxssvc exe file missing O - Service Google Updater Service gusvc - Google - C Program Files x Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe O - Service ThinkPad PM Service IBMPMSVC - Unknown owner - C Windows system ibmpmsvc exe file missing O - Service iPod Service - Apple Inc - C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe O - Service keyiso dll - KeyIso - Unknown owner - C Windows system lsass exe file missing O - Service lxdd device - Unknown owner - C Windows system lxddcoms exe file missing O - Service McAfee SiteAdvisor Service - McAfee Inc - C Program Files Common Files McAfee McSvcHost McSvHost exe O - Service McAfee Personal Firewall Service McMPFSvc - McAfee Inc - C Program Files Common Files McAfee McSvcHost McSvHost exe O - Service McAfee Services mcmscsvc - McAfee Inc - C Program Files Common Files McAfee McSvcHost McSvHost exe O - Service McAfee VirusScan Announcer McNaiAnn - McAfee Inc - C Program Files Common Files McAfee McSvcHost McSvHost exe O - Service McAfee Network Agent McNASvc - McAfee Inc - C Program Files Common Files McAfee McSvcHost McSvHost exe O - Service McAfee Scanner McODS - McAfee Inc - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan mcods exe O - Service McAfee Proxy Service McProxy - McAfee Inc - C Program Files Common Files McAfee McSvcHost McSvHost exe O - Service McAfee McShield McShield - McAfee Inc - C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mcshield exe O - Service McAfee Firewall Core Service mfefire - McAfee Inc - C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exe O - Service McAfee Validation Trust Protection Service mfevtp - McAfee Inc - C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfevtps exe O - Service Mozilla Maintenance Service MozillaMaintenance - Mozilla Foundation - C Program Files x Mozilla Maintenance Service maintenanceservice exe O - Service comres dll - MSDTC - Unknown owner - C Windows System msdtc exe file missing O - Service McAfee Anti-Spam Service MSK Service - McAfee Inc - C Program Files Common Files McAfee McSvcHost McSvHost exe O - Service SystemRoot System netlogon dll - Netlogon - Unknown owner - C Windows system lsass exe file missing ... Read more

A:Connection times out only for a couple site like Gmail, Facebook, Dropbox

you have already been told here that we can't help
http://forums.techguy.org/web-email/1071537-connection-timed-out-gmail-facebook.html

IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING CORPORATE/COMPANY OWNED COMPUTERS

Please do not request assistance for corporate/company owned computers. Many changes/deletions are made during the clean up process, some of which may involve uninstalling programs, deleting folders/files, changing settings and/or removing policies etc. As we have no way of knowing for sure if these are actually needed for company operations, malware issues in these cases should be handled by your own IT Departments in order to avoid any undesirable results.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connection-times-out-only-for-a-couple-site-like-gmail-facebook-dropbox.1072132/
Relevancy 55.04%

Gentlemen Pse help as I m cut out from the world None of my routine websites e g gmail for email linked in for jobsearch facebook n youtube to kill time are opening from my lenovo Y laptop I got bit win gb ram slow internet facebook Gmail, not n linkedin, opening youtube, thats all i know celeron processer Yday I got update from windows and after that this issue happened Previously IE couldnt open Today after accepting last good configuration after pressing f ie works But even Gmail, linkedin, youtube, facebook not opening n internet slow with google chrome firefox n ie I cant open facebook and linkedin youtube gmail takes too long to load and at times dont load Other sites work fine sometimes I get yellow sign under wireless Gmail, linkedin, youtube, facebook not opening n internet slow signals and shows not connected to internet n then it comes back up n running Local shop guy told me to reinstall drivers for lan n wlan and it issue is not resolved then format system Could this be an attack Can any one help me to fix it without formatting Please advise on sos basis Thanking you in advance

A:Gmail, linkedin, youtube, facebook not opening n internet slow

Download the attached file and save it on the desktop.
Then right click on it and click on "Run as administrator".

Running this file will reboot your computer. Close all open windows before running this fix.
flush.bat

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/288879-gmail-linkedin-youtube-facebook-not-opening-n-internet-slow.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I installed the latest version of i-tunes/i-tunes music store to my Pc. Purchased an album. It shows that I purchased it, but it will not download.

I also am having trouble installing my i-pod. It installed one time(on new pc), and I was able to put all my CD's onto my i-pod. The next time I turned on my Pc to download a new CD it said "device not connected". Haven't been able to get installed all the way. Is there something about the "Media Edition" program that is preventing my problems?

It worked fine on my old Pc Dell 4300 xp . Purchased a new Dell Dimension E310 xp Media Edition at Xmas, and have been having nothing but trouble. Is it Me? My PC? Or my stinking i-pod?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-i-tunes-music-store-download.500964/
Relevancy 54.61%

I cant Itunes is screen Apple just white Store a blank connect to the apple itunes store I ran the dianogstic program from itunes and this is what Apple Itunes Store is just a blank white screen is showed Microsoft Windows x Home Premium Edition Apple Itunes Store is just a blank white screen Service Pack Build System manufacturer System Product Name iTunes QuickTime FairPlay Apple Application Support iPod Updater Library d CD Driver CD Driver DLL Apple Mobile Device Apple Mobile Device Driver Bonjour Gracenote SDK Gracenote MusicID Gracenote Submit Gracenote DSP iTunes Serial Number EABA CC B Current user is not an administrator The current local date and time is - - iTunes is not running in safe mode WebKit accelerated compositing is enabled HDCP is not supported Core Media is supported Video Display Information NVIDIA NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti External Plug-ins Information No external plug-ins installed Genius ID f a b ac fb f c cb d dbe iPodService x is currently running iTunesHelper is currently running Apple Mobile Device service is currently running Network Connectivity Tests Network Adapter Information Adapter Name DBA C- A- -BF - E E BA Description Bigfoot Networks Killer Ethernet Controller IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Enabled Yes DHCP Server Lease Obtained Sun Sep Lease Expires Mon Sep DNS Servers Adapter Name A - - C -AE -EF Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Enabled Yes DHCP Server Lease Obtained Wed Dec Lease Expires Wed Dec DNS Servers Active Connection LAN Connection Connected Yes Online Yes Using Modem No Using LAN Yes Using Proxy No SSL Support Enabled TLS Support Enabled Firewall Information Windows Firewall is off Connection attempt to Apple web site was successful Connection attempt to browsing iTunes Store was successful Connection attempt to purchasing from iTunes Store was successful Connection attempt to iPhone activation server was successful Connection attempt to firmware update server was successful Connection attempt to Gracenote server was successful Last successful iTunes Store access was - - nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/apple-itunes-store-is-just-a-blank-white-screen.1017186/
Relevancy 54.61%

On Sunday we reported details of how one specific app developer had managed to People Hacked, Robbed Accounts, App Store iTunes hack iTunes users accounts and use them to purchase his own apps making it to the top of the iTunes charts As the story has developed the problem has grown far more serious than initially thought not just that one particular developer and his apps - the Apple App store is filled with App Farms being used to steal iTunes users have reported anywhere between - spent using their accounts http thenextweb com apple appstore-hack-itunes Please be aware of this and check your accounts Read the entire article iTunes Accounts, App Store Hacked, People Robbed and if any unauthorized activity is found regarding your account contact your bank credit card company Also change your password whether you have been hacked or not--especially if you have a weak password--and take the other actions recommended in the article Other links Original report from TNW AppleThread at MacRumors ForumsCNET NewsFrom BlackwebEdit Changed URL of Thread at MacRumors Forums so that more recent posts will show

A:iTunes Accounts, App Store Hacked, People Robbed

Reading one of those forum links posted above, it appears as though this has been a problem since AT LEAST 2008.

From what I've read, it would be wise to remove all Credit Card and Debit Card information from iTUNES.

Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/329236/itunes-accounts-app-store-hacked-people-robbed/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a wireless network with 2 laptops and 3 desktops on it. All of them can connect to the Itunes store but one of the laptops (Vista). It can connect to any other website we try. It is not being blocked by the Firewall, and is checked in the exceptions list to allow it to pass thru. Symantec Antivirus isn't blocking it as best as I can tell. It is not in the list of "bad" websites in IE7. I have flushed the DNS. It seems to be related to Port 80. ITunes help just flatly says it is a Windows issue. Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-12029-in-vista-connecting-to-itunes-store.755129/
Relevancy 54.61%

I just started using the iTunes store. Downloads are fast but I notice that my pc slows down after the downloads; also, when I open my pc following a download session, it takes forever for things to load.
eMachineT3410, 512MB, 160GB, AMD Semipro 3400+(2/1600/256), pc is 3 years and 3 mos old.
Any ideas?

A:Does iTunes store carry viruses or does it usually slow down a pc very significantly?

No - The itunes store does not carry viruses.

The PC only slows after you download something from itunes? It runs fine before a download?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/does-itunes-store-carry-viruses-or-does-it-usually-slow-down-a-pc-very-significantly-372984.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Quote:
The chances are you?re not being watched at this very moment in time.
But popular software and services, from Skype to Gmail, Hotmail, and even iTunes are vulnerable to the covert spying technologies the private sector has invented.
Wikileaks last week revealed its latest treasure trove of leaked material, showing only the tip of the iceberg for what the intelligence sector offers. Private companies sell their civil right infringing software, privacy invasive hardware, and other technologies to state organisations for widespread monitoring, hacking and surveillance of its citizens.

Read More:

Skype monitoring, Gmail hacks, and fake iTunes updates: How governments can track you | ZDNet

Quote:
A range of software, specifically designed to access computers, cell phones and networks, can inject downloads in progress with spy software, or hack cell phones. From intercepting Skype phone calls to ISP-level surveillance monitoring. This is how one company does it.

A:Skype, Gmail & iTunes, How governments can track you

I'll repeat it here again: when there is a possibility of spying it will be done. The point is what are they going to do with all the data so industriously gathered? Nothing much apparently. The cheating, scamming and criminal actions on internet are increasing, if anything.
It's a lot safer living with a cat.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/202284-skype-gmail-itunes-how-governments-can-track-you.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I think I have the NGINX rootkit on my laptop again Still My browser runs slow and I can t access laptop. weather.com. No on NGINX facebook, virus yahoo gmail, mail, FaceBook yahoo mail gmail weather com or several sites that help with malware removal I get redirected a lot to a quot Not found quot page with NGINX somewhere on it I also now land occassionally on a mydomainadvisor com page Yesterday i found a png file on my desktop titled quot WeatherNGINX quot I ran ESET several NGINX virus on laptop. No gmail, facebook, yahoo mail, weather.com. days ago at the request of one of the forum helpers here at BC ESET reported no found threats but the redirect was gone for a few days Now it is back I also have this problem on my NGINX virus on laptop. No gmail, facebook, yahoo mail, weather.com. desktop and am getting help in another topic for that THe advice there was to run ComboFix and Security Check which I did So I also ran ComboFix and Security Check on my laptop before i was asked to run DDS and GMER and create this new topic Here are the results from Security Check DDS and GMER Results of screen s Security Check version Windows Service Pack x UAC is enabled Internet Explorer Antivirus Firewall Check span Windows Firewall Enabled Norton WMI entry may not exist for antivirus NGINX virus on laptop. No gmail, facebook, yahoo mail, weather.com. attempting automatic update Anti-malware Other Utilities Check span Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version Java Update Java version out of Date Adobe Flash Player Flash Player out of Date Adobe Flash Player Adobe Reader X Mozilla Firefox Process Check objlist exe by Laurent span Norton ccSvcHst exe Anvisoft Anvi Smart Defender ASDSrv exe System Health check span Total Fragmentation on Drive C End of Log span DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Wil at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Norton Disabled Updated DF - - D- - DC EFD BF SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Norton Disabled Updated D BEB -B A- E - B -B B FW Norton Disabled BE D -DB F- - AD - F E C FC Running Processes C windows system wininit exeC windows system lsm exeC windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC windows system svchost exe -k RPCSSC windows system atiesrxx exeC windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC windows system atieclxx exeC windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC windows System spoolsv exeC windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exeC Program Files Anvisoft Anvi Smart Defender ASDSrv exeC windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exeC windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Windows system TODDSrv exeC Program Files TOSHIBA Power Saver TosCoSrv exeC windows system SearchIndexer exeC windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC windows system taskhost exeC Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exeC windows system Dwm exeC Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exeC windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNetC Program Files TOSHIBA Utilities KeNotify exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exeC Program Files TOSHIBA Power Saver TPwrMain exeC Program Files TOSHIBA SmoothView SmoothView exeC Program Files TOSHIBA FlashCards TCrdMain exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Service Station ToshibaServiceStation exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC windows system taskeng exeC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTra... Read more

A:NGINX virus on laptop. No gmail, facebook, yahoo mail, weather.com.

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/464127 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows, you should not bother creating a GMER log. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GMER logAs I am just a silly... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/464127/nginx-virus-on-laptop-no-gmail-facebook-yahoo-mail-weathercom/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hiya i really hope you can help My iphone gs getting old now was running super slow and after numerous restarts and removal of apps and access any store) Restored Websites (itunes now Apple can't Iphone music still running slow i decided to restore to factory settings All went well until going back to try and access the iTunes store to quot reboot quot the phone now i can not access the iTunes store or any HELP or any ANY APPLE sites I was using my oldish toshiba laptop vista business and thought it may have been that but upon connecting my phone to my brand new Acer desktop i was then unable to connect to apple from it either I have tried every firewall and anti virus connection to be lifted and also followed directions previously posted about LAN setting or proxy settings All is as it should be I have reset internet explorer but nothing PLEASE HELP ME Another interesting fact is i am unable to uninstall iTunes from the comps as when in add remove install uninstall programs it does not allow me to right click on it Does anyone have any other ideas Waiting with baited breath - nbsp

A:Iphone Restored now can't access any Apple Websites (itunes store)

What do you mean you can't access the iTunes store to reboot your phone? iTunes doesn't sell anything to reboot your phone.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/iphone-restored-now-cant-access-any-apple-websites-itunes-store.1007599/
Relevancy 54.18%

I guess I posted this query here as i wasn't sure if it was an xp setup issue, gmail chat issue or what. (my op system is xp)
Basically, I want to know if it's possible, whilst having a video chat in gmail, for my friend to listen to the music playing on my media player (media monkey) at the same quality as I can hear it ?
Is it a case of tinkering with audio channel setup ? ( i tried just pulling the headphone bit out to make it like a speaker phone but the quality was crap her end ). This seems really obvious and straightfwd but i cant find a quickfix answer online. Thanks !

A:creating a music room in gmail chat

I doubt you have enough upload bandwidth to handle Video and Music at the same time.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/creating-a-music-room-in-gmail-chat-387353.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I do not have the Photo- want Connect HP Connect gone Connect Drive, them Music, skill set to follow along with HP Connect Drive, Connect Music, Connect Photo- want them gone some of the threads on this subject at this site to rid this laptop off these HP Connect cloud things that I've read rope users into their basic service then end up charging people for the service This laptop is an HP Envy and it has a T HD There is no need for cloud storage and HP Connect Drive, Connect Music, Connect Photo- want them gone besides which my friend who now owns this laptop really can't afford to pay for those types of services anyway Supposedly I should be able to go to that start screen and right click on the associated icon to uninstall them from there Didn't work I was sent to add remove programs and they're not listed there to uninstall I installed something called ZSoft uninstaller that was free hoping maybe they'd show up as programs there so I could uninstall them They didn't appear as programs there either I think I found them but don't quite know what to do with them They're here- This PC gt App Data gt Roaming gt Microsoft gt Windows gt Start Menu gt Programs Would someone be in a position to talk me through getting rid of them for my friend Please go easy on me I'm not much more computer literate than my friend and don't know what most acronyms the members use here stand for other than the most obvious such as HP for Hewlett-Packard OS for operating system and PC for personal computer

A:HP Connect Drive, Connect Music, Connect Photo- want them gone

It's possible these are Metro Apps. You can uninstall them using this guide. If  you do not see the app on the Metro UI page then search for it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/uninstall-an-app-in-windows-8/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586628/hp-connect-drive-connect-music-connect-photo-want-them-gone/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey I ve had this problem for a while and I JUST got this stupid hijack this thing uploaded basically Internet store, doesn't Hijack Internet work, explorer, this itunes steam log explorer itunes store steam store don t work Is anything out of place here Also it s just my computer my laptop works fine just this one is screwed up Halp Thanks in advance Steven Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes Internet explorer, itunes store, steam doesn't work, Hijack this log C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity WRConsumerService exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity SpySweeperUI exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity SpySweeper exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Steam steam exeC Program Files iTunes iTunes exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exeC WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXEC WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXEC Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exeC DOCUME IBUYPO LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO Browser Defender BHO - A F D B- - FF -B - CCE E - C Program Files Spyware Doctor BDT PCTBrowserDefender dllO - BHO NCO IE BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser coIEPlg dllO - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT IDS IPSBHO dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO AIM Toolbar Loader - b cda -b - eef-a - a ac dbf - C Program Files AIM Toolbar aimtb dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - Toolbar AIM Toolbar - ecd-cc - -a c- aaccbd - C Program Files AIM Toolbar aimtb dllO - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser CoIEPlg dllO - Toolbar PC Tools Browser Guard - EA- A- B-ADF - D E CC - C Program Files Spyware Doctor BDT PCTBrowserDefender dllO - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - HKLM Run P Helper quot Rundll quot P dll P HelperO - HKLM Run UpdReg quot C WINDOWS UpdReg EXE quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon quot RUNDLL EXE quot C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz quot nwiz exe quot installO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter quot RUNDLL EXE quot C WINDOWS sy... Read more

A:Internet explorer, itunes store, steam doesn't work, Hijack this log

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/307147/internet-explorer-itunes-store-steam-doesnt-work-hijack-this-log/
Relevancy 53.32%

I want to get my iTunes music library onto my new computer....

I'm going to start using a new Windows 7 computer. I have iTunes on my old Windows Vista computer. I have an iPhone 4.
I have iTunes ready on my new computer but I don't see a way to transfer my iTunes music library over to the new computer's iTunes. If I could just get my music onto the new computer without having it end up in iTunes that would be okay.
I could then manually transfer the music into iTunes afterward.
Can anyone help?

Thanks

Karen

A:iTunes music

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/789495/how_to_transfer_your_itunes_library_pg2.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-music.1008129/
Relevancy 53.32%

My computer recently had a huge virus and now all of my music is not in my Itunes. I can find it in my files and everything but is there a way to get the entire mass of music back in Itunes at the same time?

A:All of my music in Itunes is gone.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"] and welcome to the Forum[/FONT

Try uninstlling iTunes, restart and install it again

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/all-of-my-music-in-itunes-is-gone-480460.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi all
more details here
BBC News - Black Friday iTunes infected credit malware alert

I hate "i-CHOONES" anyway so I'm not bothered but users check carefully. Probably even worse if you use a smart phone app to download music too.

Cheers
jimbo

A:Itunes Gift certificate scam and facebook phishing

I agree with you completely. As for Farcebook, i will never understand why you would want 500 friends who in reality
you do not know anyway.
I know of an instance where someone wanted to have more info on a farcebook member and he applied to become a friend. The agreement came within less than 10 seconds! Go and figure that one out.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/199186-itunes-gift-certificate-scam-facebook-phishing.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Working on friends dell with XP SP3 on it, and he said Itunes interrupted asking to merge accounts, (though he thought he only had one Account), while he was purchasing xmas music adding it to his vast library. and thinks he said "no" and it over wrote his previous 5GBs of music, with his lonely 2 new Xmas albums.. I checked music folder and recycle bin.. NOTHIN.. he is in a panic, and I really am stuck.. does Itunes have a data base yet where we can redownload them? THEY SHOULD MAN.. alot of money.. ;(
THANKS IN ADVANCE

A:itunes erased all my music off my pc

All you can maybe try is recuva which might be able to recover what got deleted. This is why we always advise backups to be made of things you dont want to lose like pictures, music, etc, onto a cd/dvd so it wont be lost forever.I used to have itunes years ago when i had an ipod but wasnt crazy about using it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-erased-all-my-music-off-my-pc.1030002/
Relevancy 52.89%

Can anyone help me (im hoping you guys have a little more luck than the guys at Apple)

i store my MP3's on an external hard drive because simply it wont all fit on my laptop. i recently transferred everything onto Itunes so i could listen to it all on my Ipod (no problem so far. however, that was 3 days ago. now when i plug my external hard drive in Itunes can find any of the music...whats happened?? the external hasnt changed its drive letter so surely it should find it all in the same place.....shouldnt it??

Please help...dont tell me i have to add it all again

A:iTunes cant find music

Have you verified that you can browse to the data on the external drive just using windows explorer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/itunes-cant-find-music.124859/
Relevancy 52.89%

I'm having a problem with my itunes music disappearing. One day it's there, the next, it's all gone and looks like you downloaded iTunes for the first time. Have you seen this problem before?

A:iTunes Music keeps disappearing

do u have an ipod or device like that attached to your compuer?

if you do it could be autosyncing itself and deleting all of its music because the device has no music on it.

if that is not the case

check to see if auto sync is turned on, turn it off if it is and just manage your files by hand

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-music-keeps-disappearing.607797/
Relevancy 52.89%

hi folks!
what's the best method to set music from wmp to itunes. I tried their help website, but could not grasp info given. Any ideas?
thanks

A:transfer music wmp to itunes

there is no music stored in wmp, all it has is pointers that tell it where the music files are on your computer. Once you have iTunes installed all you need to do is
file > add file to library > go to the directory with your music in it (most likely my music if you are using winXP) highlite the songs you want to import and click ok

edit - if you want the lengthy description Importing Windows Media Audio into iTunes

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transfer-music-wmp-to-itunes.592594/