Windows Support Forum

Trouble Accessing Secure Sites

Q: Trouble Accessing Secure Sites

I am having the same problem regarding accessing secure sites. I did all of the steps above but still doesnt' work. I checked out the suggested link that helped resolved someone else problem- http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...;EN-US;Q318815-but that won't work for me because it is for windows 2k. I'm running xp pro, sp2. I did have norton 04 installed on computer a while back but it has been uninstalled for quite a while and now I am running CA virus protection. Is it possible that some of the old norton files are hiding somehwhere? Any other ideas for fixing this Bleeping computer?Thanks!Mod Edit: This was split from the topic, Can't Access Secure Sites, Browser won't connect. ~tg

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Trouble Accessing Secure Sites

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Trouble Accessing Secure Sites

It would not hurt to run the Norton Removal Tool. I would also do a search for symantec, norton.http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgen...005033108162039

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/90595/trouble-accessing-secure-sites/
Relevancy 81.27%

hi all this is my first post so please bear with me as im frustrated with my laptop i am unable to access secure sites like online banking paypal i have tried everything on accessing log sites secure hijackthis problems here including uninstalling aol and reinstalling it as well as uninstalling nortons and firewall i still cant do it i have done a hijackthis thing and these are my results i wonder if someone could help me please Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows SYSTEM taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPStart exeC Windows RtHDVCpl exeC Program Files Picasa PicasaMediaDetector exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Program problems accessing secure sites hijackthis log Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Windows System igfxtray exeC Windows System hkcmd exeC Program Files Launch Manager HotkeyApp exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Common Files aol ee aolsoftware exeC Program Files Windows problems accessing secure sites hijackthis log Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice binC Program Files AOL VR waol exeC Program Files AOL VR shellmon exeC Windows SYSTEM taskeng exeC Program Files Common Files AOL Topspeed aoltpsd exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar PreserveR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www aolbroadband co ukR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http search aol co uk web isinit true amp query sR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO BHOToolbarButton - e dcd - a - b -ac - fe a c - mscoree dll file missing O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C D FE-E D- -BB - C E E C E - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar Component fastsearch B C AC BB E dllO - BHO Ask Toolbar BHO - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files Ask com GenericAskToolbar dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO EpsonToolBandKicker Class - E FB- DD- F -B AC-B CAE F A - C Program Files EPSON EPSON Web-To-Page EPSON Web-To-Page dllO - Toolbar EPSON Web-To-Page - EE D F- B- - D-C B AAEBA D - C Program Files EPSON EPSON Web-To-Page EPSON Web-To-Page dllO - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar Go... Read more

A:problems accessing secure sites hijackthis log

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREAndWe Need to check for Rootkits with RootRepealDownload RootRepeal from the following location and save it to your desktop.

First Location
Second Location
Third Location

Open on your desktop.Click the tab.Click the button.Check all seven boxes: Push OkCheck the box for your main system drive (Usually C:), and press Ok.Allow RootRepeal to run a scan of your system. This may take some time.Once the scan completes, push the button. Save the log to your desktop, using a distinctive name, such as RootRepeal.txt. Include this report in your next reply, please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/272784/problems-accessing-secure-sites-hijackthis-log/
Relevancy 76.54%

I got my computer from a nearby place and any site that sets it uses a secure connection or has https in front wont work. This happens on every browser and with the firewalls down.

It effects all sites. From stores to just yahoo's password retrieval area. How can this be fixed?

I have windows XP on a dell latitude d600 laptop.

A:Trouble with secure sites?

Give this a look
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers/17.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/trouble-with-secure-sites-479700.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi, I can't access secure websites. It started when my comp was infected with Mirar and I was also getting a fakealert antivirus 2009 . It kept on giving pop ups so I downloaded Spyware Doctor and Malwarebytes. It seemed to work I dont get anymore pop ups or the fake alert, but now I cant log on to any secure websites, I get "Internet Explorer cannot display webpage" message, can anyone help?
Thanks

Oh yea I also can't get the Mirar off my add/remove program list. I was able to disable the Mirar add on the internet settings but cant delete it

A:Trouble with secure sites

Let's start with malwarebytes... Please update and run a scan with the following instructions.Hi and welcome to BleepingComputer The process of cleaning your computer may require temporarily disabliling some security programs. If you are using SpyBot Search and Destroy, please refer to Note 2 at the bottom of this page.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note:-- If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. Note 2:-- MBAM may make changes to your registry as part of its disinfection routine. If you're using other security programs that detect registry changes (like Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere with the fix or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please disable such programs until disinfection is complete or permit them to allow the changes. To disable these programs, please view this topic: How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/195800/trouble-with-secure-sites/
Relevancy 76.54%

i cant seem to access any of the microsoft sites from my computer (hotmail, microsoft.com, msn, etc) nor anything off of yahoo. i can go to yahoo.com but none of the links work, i click them and i get a blank page. this is also true for several other sites. i have reinstalled my computer already and called microsoft tech support. they claim it to be a spyware issue, but im pretty sure my computer is clean. i dont have any firewalls or blockers of that sort. my dad's laptop though, can access those sites from our connection, but my mom's laptop seems to suffer from the same problem. could someone attempt to troubleshoot this?

A:trouble accessing certain sites.

You are probably Hijacked.

Go Here: , read the stickies. Download Hijack this and follow the forum directions.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/trouble-accessing-certain-sites-39580.html
Relevancy 76.54%

hi guys am new to this site, i have a laptop using windows vista, my server is mozilla firefox, just today i cannot access donedeal, i have been on this site a lot of times before with no problems, it keeps coming up 'timed out' and suggests that there is a problem with site but friends of mine are having no trouble, i am able to access everything else, why is it this particular site that wont work? any help appreciated

A:having trouble accessing certain sites

It could be some sort of malware.
First thing to try is accessing the site in Internet Explorer. Then you need to make sure your computer is free of viruses!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/having-trouble-accessing-certain-sites-502790.html
Relevancy 75.68%

When i type in the web address instead of being taken to the site i am instead taken to a default search page. if i click on the link for the correct site on the search page i get 'page cannot be displayed.' upon clicking diagnose connection problems it says "sitename.com" is not set up to establish a connection on port "World Wide Web service (HTTP) with this computer.

Have pinged this and they are online... Have tried flushing DNS and this doesn't help either.

was able to access this particular site not so long ago so i don't get the change.

Any help techs?

Relevancy 75.68%

I'm running windows xp professional, and I've been having trouble accessing web-based email services (hotmail, yahoomail, and also a private microsoft exchange server web interface) from my computer. I've tried using both firefox and internet explorer. When attempting to load my hotmail or yahoo inbox in ie, the page simply never loads. When I try in Firefox, I get an error message that reads "the document contains no data." I am able to access my inbox at the exchange server, but am unable to send emails.

I also can't access my online banking (fleet.com), and have had trouble posting to some tech support forums. I thought it was a problem with secure sites, but I am able to access some secure sites.

All of these services are fully available from a friend's computer running on the same internet connection, through the same router, so it's a problem specific to my machine. Any help?

A:trouble accessing some internet sites

Any chance you have a Linksys BEFSX41 (Or whatever with the firewall), and just updated the Firmware? The Linksys 1.51 firmware WON'T WORK with DSL. You need to go back to 1.45 - OR disable the firewall in 1.51's firmware (that sure is stupid!!!).

This is a known Linksys issue. If you are not using a Linksys - I have no clue...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/trouble-accessing-some-internet-sites-10902.html
Relevancy 75.68%

When trying to download Virus updates or anything for that matter the down loads freezes and I can not access some web sites Please Help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec Client Having and sites Trouble accessing downloading web Firewall NISUM EXE C PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXE C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Having Trouble downloading and accessing web sites Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Having Trouble downloading and accessing web sites Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec Client Firewall SymPxSvc exe C Program Files RealVNC WinVNC WinVNC exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec Client Firewall NISSERV EXE C Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe C Program Files Common Files Dell EUSW Support exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Dell Support Alert bin NotifyAlert exe C Program Files Creative SBLive Diagnostics diagent exe C Program Files Evidence Eliminator ee exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files hijackthis HijackThis exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AUpdate exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway O - BHO My Search BHO - DA C - F- a- CD- CFE CFF - C Program Files MySearch bar bin S BAR DLL file missing O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar no name - BA B -B - c -B - F F - no file O - Toolbar My amp Search Bar - DA C - F- a- CD- CFE CFF - C Program Files MySearch bar bin S BAR DLL file missing O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run IntelMeM C Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exe O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run SSC UserPrompt C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center UsrPrmpt exe O - HKLM Run Evidence Eliminator C Program Files Evidence Eliminator ee exe m O - HKCU Run SpySweeper quot C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe quot O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager quot C Progra... Read more

Relevancy 75.68%

Hi Guys! When I double click on a song I wish to download, this message appears in red ;

error>(3)"c:\Documents

It occurs with every song I try to download and this problem just started occuring. I hope you can help. I have enjoyed WinMx and have recommended it to so many people to date. I seem to be the only one who is experiencing technical difficulties. Have a good one and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

MRenee

A:having trouble accessing downloading sites

Originally posted by MRenee:
Hi Guys! When I double click on a song I wish to download, this message appears in red ;

error>(3)"c:\Documents

It occurs with every song I try to download and this problem just started occuring. I hope you can help. I have enjoyed WinMx and have recommended it to so many people to date. I seem to be the only one who is experiencing technical difficulties. Have a good one and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

MRenee Click to expand...

Uninstall it and reinstall it again. You might not have it set up right as in where it's being ask to download to/folder.

If you still have this problem try other Program like Bearshare

And see if you still have this problem, then you will know it's just may be winMx it's self. Also with Hostile host/clients they may block your Ip if your trying to click on 100 hosts for files at once.

J

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-trouble-accessing-downloading-sites.112774/
Relevancy 74.39%

I'm using a wireless router to surf the internet.
Every time I log into a secure site and after handling my transactions, I get
stuck on the site and can't log out. I have to close my whole browser to log out. I upgraded to
the latest firmware and that didn't help at all.

Relevancy 73.53%

This computer had been infected badly enough that something on the system would die and auto-shutdown after minute After cleaning many things off with Malwarebytes and the F-Secure Rescue CD everything but the internet is back to normal Requests to load google com or gmail com among others hang forever in both IE and Firefox I was unable to get a GMER log as the entire system locked up and was unresponsive save for the mouse cursor when I went to save it DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by HP Owner at on Thu Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx Yahoo as etc accessing Mail, Google, such Trouble Gmail, sites exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exesvchost exeC Program Files Common Files EPSON eEBAPI eEBSVC exeC Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Trouble accessing sites such as Google, Yahoo Mail, Gmail, etc Bin ACService exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Carbonite Carbonite Backup carboniteservice exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS system nvsvc Trouble accessing sites such as Google, Yahoo Mail, Gmail, etc exeC WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X HPZIPM EXEC Program Files AVG AVG avgam exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC Program Files Carbonite Carbonite Backup CarboniteUI exeC PROGRA EPSONS EVENTM EEventManager exeC Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACDaemon exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ArcCon acC WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXEC WINDOWS Trouble accessing sites such as Google, Yahoo Mail, Gmail, etc System vssvc exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC Documents and Settings HP Owner YOUR-D F B A Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www msn comuInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd PAVILION amp pf desktopBHO AutorunsDisabled - No FileBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dllBHO hpWebHelper Class aaae a- fff- - c f- d dcb - c windows pchealth helpctr vendors cn hewlett-packard l cupertino s ca c us plugin WebHelper dllTB amp Google c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google googletoolbar dllTB AVG Security Toolbar ccc a -b ca- -b a - f dd - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dllTB BC A- - D - AC -E B A BA C - No FileuRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exemRun RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXEmRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartupmRun nwiz nwiz exe installmRun Recguard c windows sminst RECGUARD EXEmRun Carbonite Backup c program files carbonite carbonite backup CarboniteUI exemRun EEventManager c progra epsons eventm EEventManager exemRun ArcSoft Connection Service c program files common files arcsoft connection service bin ACDaemon exemRun Google Desktop Search quot c program files google google desktop search GoogleDesktop exe quot startupmRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun Adobe ARM quot c program files common files adobe arm AdobeARM exe quot StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup autoru adober lnk - c program files adobe acrobat reader reader sl exeStartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup autoru micros lnk - c program files microsoft office office OSA EXEStartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup autoru netgea lnk - c program files netgear wg v WG v exeSta... Read more

A:Trouble accessing sites such as Google, Yahoo Mail, Gmail, etc

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:CODEnetsvcsmsconfigsafebootminimalsafebootnetworkactivexdrivers32%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles/md5starteventlog.dllscecli.dllnetlogon.dllcngaudit.dllsceclt.dllntelogon.dlllogevent.dlliaStor.sysnvstor.sysatapi.sysIdeChnDr.sysviasraid.sysAGP440.sysvaxscsi.sysnvatabus.sysviamraid.sysnvata.sysnvgts.sysiastorv.sysViPrt.syseNetHook.dllahcix86.sysKR10N.sysnvstor32.sysahcix86s.sysnvrd32.sys/md5stop%systemroot%\*. /mp /sPush the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/302033/trouble-accessing-sites-such-as-google-yahoo-mail-gmail-etc/
Relevancy 60.2%

Getting crossed out red x in https . states site may be using outdated encryption. am I being hacked or do the sites need to update thier security. I know it posses a threat or not secure but it is happening on real well known sites. it also happens on all computers in the house but I'm pretty sure only with google chrome.

A:secure sites not secure in chrome.

Hi Adams369 If you are using Google Chrome 42, this is normal. Starting in version 42, Google Chrome starts tagging as "insecure" websites that uses SHA-1 algorithm encryption for their certificates, in order to move them to a more secure one since SHA-1 is old and deprecated (less secure). If you want, I created a thread on that yesterday where I show how to get these certificates information on a website, so you can verify yourself. Also, would you mind posting which websites are having this insecure connection so I can test them for my troubleshooting?Google Chrome 42 vs SSL CertificatesThank you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575009/secure-sites-not-secure-in-chrome/
Relevancy 58.05%

dont worry, I know the difference but I have an unconventional question. i am currently having a problem with my firewalls and i know that i can bypass the firewalls on secure sites. problem is, not all sites are secure. i dont want to look at porn or anything, i just want to get onto facebook, etc. so, is it possible to access an unsecured site securely? or am i just plain crazy?

A:Unsecure sites/secure sites

I know what you mean about facebook- I grimace every time I have to log onto it and look at the address bar to see that it's not even using SSL... pretty pathetic.

The only way I've found to establish a connection that's tamper-resistant to packet sniffing and other garbage is to set up a VPN server on a trusted computer at home, and just connect to that whenever you're away.

The problem you'll probably face with this, though, is that you need to install a VPN client on the machine you plan on using, so if this computer is a university, school, or work computer, it might be too limited to do this.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/unsecure-sites-secure-sites-197791.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I am new to posting on the site and I have searched for this issue but come up blank Here is my problem I am attempting to recover data to Accessing hard drive data recover on a secure failing folders from Accessing secure folders to recover data on a failing hard drive a hard drive that is failing - no partition found I have been able to scan and mount the partition NTFS and I have recovered the public folders the issue is with the other two user folders I see they are write protected I am unable to remove the write protection or grant my self even read access to the folders I have mounted them as I said and made an image of the partition which is what I am working on but of course the two folders are not copying to the image as I do not have permission to access them The Drive is an Gig partitioned and formatted NTFS with Windows XP I have tried a rescue CD in the system with no luck and now I have the drive in a an external dock on a different system running Win I am using my Admin Acct This seems to be an issue like the Ransome ware infections where users lose access to their data any suggestions welcome and greatly appreciated Mike Ears Hopin P

A:Accessing secure folders to recover data on a failing hard drive

You sure it's not just a permission issue? Try How to take ownership of a file or a folder in Windows XP.  7 is pretty much the same. Just takes a lot more clicks.

Oh, and in the future, backup your data to a second physical disk or the cloud. This will avoid the inevitable.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503184/accessing-secure-folders-to-recover-data-on-a-failing-hard-drive/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I have a problem accessing some secure sites requiring a username password like hotmail msn facebook amp ebay This problem occurs across all browsers IE Firefox and Safari I can browse other webpages fine I can access these websites using my laptop windows XP using the same wireless connection but they don't work when using my PC windows accessing (hotmail, all facebook) browsers HELP! secure websites across ebay, Problem vista I've had my PC for about a year now and it's the first time i've encountered such a problem I've looked up this problem everywhere and tried almost everything but HELP! Problem accessing secure websites (hotmail, ebay, facebook) across all browsers haven't been able to resolve it I've tried resetting changing my internet security settings turning off my firewall scanned my computer with a number of HELP! Problem accessing secure websites (hotmail, ebay, facebook) across all browsers spyware removal programs PLEASE HELP ------------------------------------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared ink TabTip exe C Windows system WTablet TabUserW exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpWareSE exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMYPRT EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Google Quick Search Box qsb exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Registry Mechanic RMTray exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink InputPersonalization exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows System notepad exe C Windows system NOTEPAD EXE C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Users Kingsley Desktop HiJackThis v exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www philips com pc R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www philips com pc R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF... Read more

A:HELP! Problem accessing secure websites (hotmail, ebay, facebook) across all browsers

Hello, powercosmic
Welcome to TSF

My name is Billy O'Neal and I will be helping you. (Billy or Bill is fine, if you like.)
Please give me some time to look over your computer's log(s).
Please take note of the following:In the meantime, please refrain from making any changes to your computer.
Also, even if things appear to be running better, there is no guarantee that everything is finished. Please continue to check this forum post in order to ensure we get your system completely clean. We do not want to clean you part-way up, only to have the system re-infect itself. :)
If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.
Finally, please reply using the button in the lower left hand corner of your screen.
Old topics are closed after 3 days with no reply, and working topics are closed after 5 days. If for any reason you cannot complete instructions within that time, that's fine, just put a post here so that I know you're still here. We get a lot of people who simply leave, and if there is no contact for that amount of time I will have to assume you have "vanished" .

We need to create an OTViewIt ReportPlease download OTViewIt by OldTimer.
Save it to your desktop.
Double click on the icon on your desktop.
Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.
Push the button.
Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTViewIt.txt <-- Will be opened
Extra.txt <-- Will be minimized

We need to scan for rootkits with GMERPlease download gmer.zip and save to your desktop.alternate download site 1
alternate download site 2

Unzip/extract the file to its own folder. (Click here for information on how to do this if not sure. Win 2000 users click here.)
When you have done this, disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
Note: There is a small chance this application may crash your computer so save any work you have open.
Double-click on Gmer.exe to start the program.
Allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
If it gives you a warning at program start about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run a scan...click NO.
Click on "Settings", then check the first five settings:System Protection and Tracing
Processes
Save created processes to the log
Drivers
Save loaded drivers to the log

You will be prompted to restart your computer. Please do so.
Run Gmer again and click on the Rootkit tab.
Look at the right hand side (under Files) and uncheck all drives with the exception of your C drive.
Make sure all other boxes on the right of the screen are checked, EXCEPT for "Show All".
Important! Please do not select the "Show all" checkbox during the scan.
Click on the "Scan" and wait for the scan to finish.Note: Before scanning, make sure all other running programs are closed and no other actions like a scheduled antivirus scan will occur while this scan completes. Also do not use your computer during the scan.

When completed, click on the Copy button and right-click on your Desktop, choose "New" > Text document. Once the file is created, open it and right-click again and choose Paste or Ctrl+V. Save the file as gmer.txt and copy the information in your next reply.
Note: If you have any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode

In your next reply, please include the following:OTViewIt.txt
Extra.txt
GMER's Log

Billy3

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/help-problem-accessing-secure-websites-hotmail-ebay-facebook-across-all-browsers-295215.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi, I have a problem accessing some secure sites requiring a username/ password like hotmail, msn, facebook & ebay. This problem occurs across all browsers: IE7 Firefox and Safari. I can browse other webpages fine.

I can access these websites using my laptop (windows XP) using the same wireless connection but they don't work when using my PC (windows vista).

I've had my PC for about a year now and it's the first time i've encountered such a problem.

I've looked up this problem everywhere and tried almost everything but haven't been able to resolve it. I've tried resetting/ changing my internet security settings, turning off my firewall, scanned my computer with a number of spyware removal programs.

tried pretty much everything on here:
http://www.vistax64.com/network-inte...ure-sites.html

*How do you ensure that TCP Port 443 is enabled in your firewall????

PLEASE HELP!!!

A:HELP! Problem accessing secure websites (hotmail, ebay, facebook) across all browsers

Hi. . .

Nice link - I am a member at that site, but please disregard the "solutions" found therein.

Please run a Vista System Health report in HTML format:
START | type cmd.exe into the start search box | right-click on cmd.exe | select Run as Administrator | the black cmd prompt (DOS) screen will appear - type the following:

Code:
perfmon /report
It will take about a minute to run... then save it as an HTML file - you will see the default HTML file extension when you go to save it.

Please zip it up and attach to your next post.

What anti-virus are you running and do you have a 3rd party firewall? Do you use the Windows Firewall?

In the interim, do this as a test:
START | type Internet into the start search box | look up top under Programs and select Internet Explorer (no add-ons).

Can you reach those sites now?

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-problem-accessing-secure-websites-hotmail-ebay-facebook-across-all-browsers-295213.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Users with limited accts in my home can t reach secure website pages such as the login page for gmail Anything that requites a login doesn t even display They get This Page Cannot Be Displayed The two of us with admin accts CAN reach secure sites with no problem I ve been working on this for over a month and can t figure it out I ve read a lot of tips suggested fixes but nothing ever works I thought maybe posting a HJT log from one of the limited acct users might he helpful If not I can also post one from my admin acct Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes F WINDOWS Explorer EXE F Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe F WINDOWS system hkcmd exe F WINDOWS system secure can't get sites - log - Help HJT to spool drivers w x hpztsb exe F Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe F Program Files The Cleaner tca exe F Program Files The Cleaner tcm exe F Program Files QuickTime qttask Help - HJT log - can't get to secure sites exe F Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe F WINDOWS Help - HJT log - can't get to secure sites system ctfmon exe F Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe F Program Files HijackThis V HiJackThis v exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Help - HJT log - can't get to secure sites Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www washingtonpost com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http aimtoday aol com today aimto ment - amp UTC amp LT amp nlogin R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title http www washingtonpost com O - BHO Ghosts Popup-Killer - - - - - e af - F Program Files Ghosts popup dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - F Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - F PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - F Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Norton Internet Security - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - F Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO NAV Helper - A F D D-E - D -B A - BB FDD - F Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton Internet Security - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - F Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - C E A- F - E-B E- B - F Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar -Popup - - - - - e af - F Program Files Ghosts popup dll O - HKLM Run ccApp quot F Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run IgfxTray F WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds F WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Tweak UI RUNDLL EXE TWEAKUI CPL TweakMeUp O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility F WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot F Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot F Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot F Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run tcactive F Program Files The Cleaner tca exe O - HKLM Run tcmonitor F Program Files The Cleaner tcm exe O - HKCU Run QuickTime Task quot F Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot F Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe F WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKLM Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel present O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - F Program Files Java jre ... Read more

A:Help - HJT log - can't get to secure sites

If you don't get a response on this forum you could try pasting your HJT log here:

http://hjt.networktechs.com/

I have used it once - it didn't hurt, but no guarantees!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-hjt-log-cant-get-to-secure-sites.590279/
Relevancy 54.61%

I recently had a problem with error messages coming up every time I turned on my computer. I was instructed to follow a few steps which did correct that problem. However, now I can't log on to secure web sites!! Every time I try I get the following message:

Action canceled
Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested. The page might be temporarily unavailable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also am unable to connect to MSN messenger. Can anyone help me?
Thanks!!!

A:Cannot Log On To Secure Web Sites

Welcome to TSG!!

Make a folder on your hard drive, like My Documents\HJT
Download Hijackthis.
Unzip the file to the folder on your hard drive.

Double click on Hijackthis.exe then click on the "Scan" button, then click on "Save Log".

Copy and paste it back here and someone will be happy to review it.

Don't make any changes until instructed to do so.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-log-on-to-secure-web-sites.265938/
Relevancy 54.61%

everytime a customer trys to log into any secure web site in either internet explorer or netscape he gets a page cannot be displayed. We have checked security settings, cache, has 128 bit encryption. this has only happened since he has upgraded to win XP. Have any answers let me know.

A:cannot log into any secure web sites

What browser and version is the customer running?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/cannot-log-into-any-secure-web-sites-1974.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Is there any reason why IE 7 will only display secure https sites suddenly? I thought it was all web sites until I just happened to try a secure one today.

Its part of general problem in which a piece of software which connects to the internet automatically doesn't connect to get the data anymore. Mozilla Firefox browses just fine, Outlook gets my e-mail.

Yesterday I was having problems getting my DSL connection to work so I reset the router/modem several times and also tried connecting via Bluetooth to my cell phone. I don't know why this would have changed anything.

Any ideas?

A:Secure sites only?

open a command prompt and type netsh winsock reset and hit return see if it helps

and make sure your security isnt set too high in internet options/security set it to medium high.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/226431-secure-sites-only.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,

I tried to DL a digital photo editing program called Gimp and my computer blocked the action. I was told that it is probably do to my AV program. I wonder if by disabling my AV for a short time I can get the DL. Unfortunately, I don't know how to determine if the site is secure or not. Is there a way to tell?

Also, I am confusd as to what "Mirror" sites are. I am asked to choose one of many from which to DL. It looks as though these are located all over the world. How can you tell which sites are safe?
Thanks,-Ken

A:Secure Sites?

What site did you try to download GIMP from?This is the site you should be using:GIMPAlways try to download programs from the developers site.That's the best way to ensure there will be minimal problems, if it's a safe site, which this one is.You'll need to download two programs for Windows in order to use the GIMP: the GIMP and the GTK runtime environment, which is available for download on the same site. The program won't work without it. Also, if you speak a language other than English, you can select it when you install GTK.Mirror sites, are sites other than the developer's site, where their programs are hosted for downloading.It helps to relieve the bandwidth drain on the site, for developer's of popular programs, or sites that have limited bandwidth.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/73970/secure-sites/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have an older desktop cpu running windows 98. Suddenly I can not access my secure sites. I have accessed these sites previously but recently cannot. I recently installed a new modem and my Norton Internet Security has expired. I don't know if this has anything to do with it. One of the sites I'm trying to access is a secure site within MSN.
Please walk me through any steps necessary to change security settings, cookies or whatever. Thanks for anyone's help who has the ability to recifiy this problem. Chuck

A:secure sites

This should be posted in the Windows98/ME forum, not in hardware

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/secure-sites.435252/
Relevancy 54.61%

Several weeks ago, I called the Dell help line because my system was so slow. They had me make a few changes in safe mode (I cannot remember what they were) and things seemed to be moving along much faster. Shorty after, I found that I could not log on to any secure site, like my work email, hotmail, etc. I get the error message" this page cannot be displayed" When I click on detect internet settings, nothing happens. Now Dell wants to charge me for help, siting it as a software issue with Internet Explorer. My ISP tech-line person thinks a file may have been deleted or corrupted. Anyone have any answers?
many thanks, I'm grateful for any help and suggestions.

A:can't log on to secure sites

Start by giving us some system information by posting a HijackThis Scanlog. Get HijackThis from the site below, unzip it to a permanent folder of its own, then select Scan and save the Scanlog. Copy/paste the Scanlog here:

http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html

Also go through this MS article on troubleshooting Secure sites. Its primarily for later Windows versions which I assume you have.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813444

If you use System Restore to correct this problem, give us another Scanlog of the system following the Restore since you will likely restore old problems as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-log-on-to-secure-sites.239439/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have Windows XP IE and my computer won t allow me on secure websites allow on secure won't me sites!...HELP! It will won't allow me on secure sites!...HELP! allow me to browse the internet but it wont let me on anything that requires me to sign in such as my emails bank accounts or social networks like Facebook I have tried everything I ran Malawarebytes but when I tried to delete it encountered a problem I found a forum that was talking about a similar situation and someone suggested MouseMatrix which it allowed me to get on those sites through that It s like something is blocking me from getting on theses sites I have tried everything deleting history lowering the security settings SSL I just don t understand what could be wrong I also downloaded Firefox but it says I don t have a connection to the internet I have about gave up and was going to take it to get it repaired But I feel like it may be something simple I hope so anyways Edit Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum Animal

A:won't allow me on secure sites!...HELP!

Take a look here: Can't Access Secure SitesSee if that helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/367940/wont-allow-me-on-secure-siteshelp/
Relevancy 54.61%

I recently had a problem with error messages coming up every time I turned on my computer. I was instructed to follow a few steps which did correct that problem. However, now I can't log on to secure web sites!! Every time I try I get the following message:

Action canceled
Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested. The page might be temporarily unavailable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also am unable to connect to MSN messenger. Can anyone help me?
Thanks!!!

A:Cannot Log On To Secure Web Sites

Welcome to TSG!!

Make a folder on your hard drive, like My Documents\HJT
Download Hijackthis.
Unzip the file to the folder on your hard drive.

Double click on Hijackthis.exe then click on the "Scan" button, then click on "Save Log".

Copy and paste it back here and someone will be happy to review it.

Don't make any changes until instructed to do so.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-log-on-to-secure-web-sites.265938/
Relevancy 54.61%

I've had this problem for about a year now, and I've tried everything I could think of. Every time I try logging into a secure site it gives me this message:

Action canceled

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you have visited this page previously and you want to view what has been stored on your computer, click File, and then click Work Offline.

For information about offline browsing with Internet Explorer, click the Help menu, and then click Contents and Index.

Internet Explorer

-------------

Any ideas on how I could fix this are welcome. If it matters I'm using a laptop on a netgear wireless connection.

A:Can't Log Into Secure Sites

Welcome to TSF

Please read over these links

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813444

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=303807

In Internet Explorer -
1. Tools > Internet Options > Advanced
2. Scroll down to the Security Settings.
3. Make sure that the two boxes are checked that say
"Enable SSL 2" or "Enable SSL 3".
Try your secure sites.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/cant-log-into-secure-sites-93376.html
Relevancy 54.61%

does anyone know how i can access secure sites.
i've been on the phone to aol all morning and they cant help me

any help would be very much apperciated

craig

Hi...

Have you tried adding the secured sites to your trusted zones in IE properties?

Also, would be helpful knowing what AOL have advised you to try so far such as clearing cookies, temp files, resetting web settings, restoring defaults in advanced, checking SSL options in advanced options, trying a different proxy etc etc.

Also, what error messages do you receive in IE when you try to load a secure page?

And finally, may be worth a go trying with Firefox browser...it's free, very secure and marginally faster than IE. Sometimes if things work ok with one browser and not another, you can rule out problems with the ISP or server etc :-)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/secure-sites-97461.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have an IBM Thinkpad with XP, and the past 2 days I have been unable to get into any site that requires log-on ID. (I'm on line now with a 2nd, older computer.) For instance, with Bank of America the home page comes up, but the page is different than normal, including missing a button to "log in". Another bank website I use comes up with the name at the top, but the rest of the page is completely blank. Every site has variations, and none of them allow me to go into the "secured" part of the website. i have reloaded Internet Explorer. I also went to "restore", and that window is completely blank...I'm using Avast. - I uninstalled it, but that wasn't the problem. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Relevancy 54.61%

I can't get system restore to work either. It won't let me go to any of my secure sites like, click bank, pay pal, etc. Not even MSN to check my darn mail. Whaaaaaaaa!

A:Can't go to secure sites or MSN-Help

Download CWShredder and run it. Click on 'I Agree' button if you agree with it. Click on 'Fix' (it will automatically fix anything it finds for you) and OK. If it asks if you want to delete a certain random file, choose No and post that filename here. Let it finish the scan and then hit Next and Exit.

Download and install Spybot S&D. Run Spybot and click on the 'Search for Updates' button. Install any updates that are available. Next click on the 'Check for Problems' button. Let it run the scan. If it finds something, check all those in RED and hit the Fix Selected Problems button. Exit Spybot. If you keep getting the DSO Exploit entries, even after you updated Windows and fixed them, then download the Spybot DSO Exploit Fix and install it over the current Spybot installation.

Please download Ad-aware SE and install it if you don't have it already. Make sure it's the newest version and check for any updates before running it. Also go here to get the plug-in for fixing VX2 variants. To run this tool, go into Ad-aware->Add-ons and select VX2 Cleaner. Then click Run Tool and OK to start it. If it's clean, it will say Status System Clean. Otherwise, you will have to click on the Clean button to remove the VX2 infection. Also make sure to customize the settings in Ad-aware for better scan results. Run the scan and fix everything that it finds.

Please download HijackThis - this program will help us determine if there are any spyware/malware on your computer. Create a folder at C:\HJT and move HijackThis.exe there. Double click on the program to run it.

1. If it gives you an intro screen, just choose 'Do a system scan and save a logfile'.
2. If you don't get the intro screen, just hit Scan and then click on Save log.
3. Get HijackThis Analyzer and save it to the same folder as the hijackthis.log file. Run HijackThis Analyzer and type in y if you agree. The result.txt file will open up in Notepad. Copy the whole result.txt log and post it in the HijackThis forum. We do not need the original hijackthis.log (unless we ask for it). Do not fix anything in HijackThis since they may be harmless.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-go-to-secure-sites-or-msn-help-49732.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have 2 PC's one upstairs connected to a router works fine - my laptop which is downstairs will let me log into sites but as soon as I go to sign into a secure part of the site i.e. for account details etc. It will not let me in - I have noticed that the yellow lock inthe right hand side has disapeared.

Im running vista on the laptop

Can someone please help.

Thanks

Lou

A:Cannot Log Into Certain Secure Sites

Hello and welcome to TSF

Try this:

Click Here to download IEdll.zip. Save it to your desktop.
Right click on IEdll.zip click on Extract all.
Go to the extracted files and double click on IEdll.bat
Follow the prompts.
It will tell you when it is done.
When finished please restart your computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/cannot-log-into-certain-secure-sites-216399.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Vista comes with 2 versions of IE 32 bit and 64 bit right so why does the 64 bit version have no problem going on secure sites and yet 32 bit version refuses to do so normally it would not bother me but my Itunes is using the 32 bit version to go to the store (ithink) and i can not sign on to the store to get my music and yes before anyone suggests i have enabled SSL and TTL

Please help someone !!

A:IE7 will not go on secure sites

Originally Posted by beereycalfs

Vista comes with 2 versions of IE 32 bit and 64 bit right so why does the 64 bit version have no problem going on secure sites and yet 32 bit version refuses to do so normally it would not bother me but my Itunes is using the 32 bit version to go to the store (ithink) and i can not sign on to the store to get my music and yes before anyone suggests i have enabled SSL and TTL

Please help someone !!

firewall?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/244997-ie7-will-not-go-secure-sites.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a Toshiba laptop with XP pro and am having problems accessing secure websites, all other sites seem to be OK.
The connection is via a wireless connection to a broadband router. Norton Internet Security was installed but had a problem and was removed, and now it will not install again but throws up an error message half way through installing..
I have checked all the settings in IE6 and they all seem to be Ok, I have a suspicion that there may be a virus problem because of the problems with NIS. I almost seems like the secure sites are being blocked but I have checked for evidence of NIS or the firewall in windows but nothing showing.
So if any of you guys have any suggestions I am all ears.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/secure-sites-in-ie6-15866.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Im using a Dell running XP service pack 2.
Using IE 7
When I try to log onto a secure site like Ameritrade and Fidelity or log onto Yahoo mail.
I am able to get into my online service mail or log on.

I get the page that says you may not be connected. Which I am. The web page may not be running or the web address is not put in correctly.
I was able to get to these sites a few days ago.

I have been using Mcafee Firewall and it is also my antivirus software, also have XP's fire wall.

Please help. I do not know if I got someones virus or Something happened with my firewall. I can not seem to be able to run a virus scan either. Because I can not log on to my account.

Thankyou for any info you can give me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-cannot-log-on-secure-sites.637283/
Relevancy 54.61%

Can not access secure sites like MSN portfolio. Using a older desktop running windows 98I use to be able to access without a problem. After entering user name (emal adress) and password I'm bounced to "brouser not found" page. This also happens when I attempt to access othe secure sites. I recently installed a new modem and my Norton Internet Security has expired, if this has anything to do with the problem. Thanks for any help. Chuck

A:MSN Secure sites

This isn't expert help, but what browser do you use? Also, what are your security settings for your browser? Do you have any firewall that is automatically blocking secure connections?

Are you also on a network which has some restrictions? <-- I thought of because at my highschool, students are prohibited from certain websites and etc.

Plz give more info on ur security settings....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/msn-secure-sites.435257/
Relevancy 54.61%

are there any solutions for getting back to a secure site? I reinstalled Norton and now I am having problems. I disabled my firewall, gave permission, anything I could think of and it still will not let me in.

Any suggestions?

A:Cannot get to secure sites

Quote:

Originally Posted by igem

are there any solutions for getting back to a secure site? I reinstalled Norton and now I am having problems. I disabled my firewall, gave permission, anything I could think of and it still will not let me in.

Any suggestions?

Greetings igem,
Your Security Settings may be set too high.Try this....Open Internet Explorer then:
Click>Tools>Internet Options>Security Tab>Default
This will return your security settings to default levels then try those pages you can't get into. You may also have to change the level of Security in your Norton/Symantec. If this does not help....post back here and we'll try again.
Best regards,
ultra_classic

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-get-to-secure-sites-50748.html
Relevancy 54.61%

i cant log in to any secure sites using internet explorer version 6.0
email accounts, banking sites, msn messenger, ebay. i noticed in my taskmanager that under processes IAMAPP.exe is running at 99% could this be related??? how can i fix this!!!?

A:cant log in to secure sites!?

amapp.exe is a process loaded by Symantec Internet Security suite and is essential for the smooth running of the firewall and anti-virus software. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-log-in-to-secure-sites.475431/
Relevancy 54.61%

hi i am having trouble accessing my bank account i have tried two computers one with vista 32 and ie7 the other with 7 32 and ie8 and firefox but both wont let me on the sign in page could anybody point me in the right direction please

Add the website to the secured website, it will be under

Tools-> Internet Option->browser
Have you tried this..

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/61179-secure-sites.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I am unable to access secure sites on my computer. I am using Internet Explorer, Windows XP Operating system. I have checked and rechecked all the security settings and continue to get the error message The page cannot be displayed.

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi, I'm very new to this so would appreciate any advice or help.
When I use IE (under Vista) it will access HTTPS(secure) sites but not HTTP sites.
Why? Are there some settings I need to alter.
I can access HTTP sites with Firefox

Niall

A:Accessing web sites with IE

Hi, niallmccormick, and welcome to the forums.

Can you be more specific? Is here an error message you are encountering, either from IE or from another program? A screen shot would be helpful....

What happens when you first open IE?

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/178368-accessing-web-sites-ie.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Having trouble accessing secure websites....No antivirus or firewalls on this machine, XP SP1..I have reset all internet options(security,,privacy,,etc) back to default settings,made sure cookies are accepted, cleared ssl and auto complete password info, tried creating new user profile,,cleared cache,,deleted cookies,,cleared history,,added secure site to trusted sites,,made sure it wasnt listed in restricted,,shut down all non essential programs and services through msconfig,re-registered .dll files. The only thing I can think of to try at this point is uninstall/reinstall IE....If anyone has any info on this issue I would really appreciate some tips before I have to reinstall IE.

Relevancy 54.18%

I am unable to browse secure websites I have checked all the normal things correct time time zone on Browse Sites/win Can't Secure Xp/ie7 the machine The cipher strength Can't Browse Secure Sites/win Xp/ie7 and verison is BLANK when checking under the IE help menu I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling IE several times removed the IE folder from the c drive and all traces of IE from the registry The program STILL reinstalls with the cipher strength and version BLANK Im unable to run any online scanners ie housecall pandascan I get fake pages cant be displayed or white screens with quot done quot in the lower left Im unable to download ad adware because the download window seems almost as if its blocked by a pop up blocker Its strange Spybot is installed on the machine but I am unable to update it I get error messages when trying to retrieve the lastest version I can t download a new version of spybot because downloading seems to be blocked Please assist I tried SmitfraudFix but it was no help Please offer any help you may have Running win xp Home

A:Can't Browse Secure Sites/win Xp/ie7

Using your freshly reloaded machine and reading this tutorial would you immunize a usb drive and the clean machinehttp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry798468http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry944365transfer MBAM and the manual updater to the usb drive

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/171700/cant-browse-secure-siteswin-xpie7/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have had this problem for a couple weeks now. I cannot log onto any secure site... I am using Netscape Isp .with Netscape and/or IE browser
Please Help

A:problems getting to secure sites

What IE version do you have? If it's 6.0 with SP2, take a look at this site.

Looked around some more and re-registering the DLLs may help sometimes.

Let's try registering Internet Explorer's DLL files. Go to Start->Run and type in command and click OK. Then type in each of the following, hitting the Enter key after each line:

regsvr32 Shdocvw.dll
regsvr32 Shell32.dll
regsvr32 Oleaut32.dll
regsvr32 Actxprxy.dll
regsvr32 Mshtml.dll
regsvr32 Urlmon.dll

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/problems-getting-to-secure-sites-28553.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I get an error message when trying to access secure sites can t access page I ran hijack this and got this O - Extra button can't access sites secure PartyPoker com - B FE D - AA - F - C B- A F E - C Program Files PartyPoker PartyPoker exe file missing O - Extra Tools menuitem PartyPoker com - B FE D - AA - F - C B- A F E - C Program Files PartyPoker PartyPoker exe file missing O - can't access secure sites Extra button Related - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINDOWS web related htm O - Extra Tools menuitem Show amp Related Links - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINDOWS web related htm O - Extra button Real com - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - C WINDOWS System Shdocvw dll O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger MSMSGS EXE O - Extra can't access secure sites Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger MSMSGS EXE O - DPF - - - - - ms-its mhtml file C foo mht http bin wordsx cc fQX x uM - QnZiyAZ chm on-line exe O - DPF B CD - E - D - - A C Yahoo Audio Conferencing - http can't access secure sites us chat yimg com us yimg com i chat applet v yacscom cab O - DPF B E B- D - C C- - FD F D InstallShield Setup Player K - https www opinionsquare com Config setup exe O - DPF F EECCE-E - D - - D F LPViewer Class - http www mgisoft com ActiveX LPControl cab O - DPF A CF B-EC A- D-A D- DC B AB B QDiagAOLCCUpdateObj Class - http aolcc aol com computercheckup qdiagcc cab O - DPF E BD F- B D- E-DEFA-EB B D FA D - http lovefreegames aavalue com LFG Bundle lovefreegames live cab O - DPF ED DDF - - BBE- - A EDB D A - http download av aol com molbin shared mcinsctl en-us mcinsctl cab O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft c ls en x client wuweb site cab O - DPF E F- D - A - DD -E EEEC Symantec RuFSI Utility Class - http security symantec com sscv SharedContent common bin cabsa cab O - DPF D E C -BD A- D - A - A D Yahoo Audio UI - http chat yahoo com cab yacsui cab O - DPF F F- EB - BD - FDC- F A F A Microsoft RDP Client Control redist - http www taxsimple com TSWeb msrdp cab O - DPF B FB- A B- - AF - E F C cpbrkpie Control - http a g akamai net ftp coupons com v cpbrkpie cab O - DPF B E - ECB- DA- C A- F A FF MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class - http messenger msn com download MsnMessengerSetupDownloader cab O - DPF B E -F F - D -A CE- B FB D D CDToolCtrl Class - http free aol com tryaolfree cdt aolcdt cab O - DPF BCC FF - D - -A E-C E ADA - http download av aol com molbin shared mcgdmgr en-us mcgdmgr cab O - DPF FA A FA-CA B- D - - B EA - file D games WebDriverFullInstall exe O - Service AOL Connectivity Service AOL ACS - America Online - C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe O - Service AOL TopSpeed Monitor AOL TopSpeedMonitor - America Online Inc - C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe O - Service AOL Spyware Protection Service AOLService - Unknown owner - C Program Files Common Files AOL AOL Spyware Protection aolserv exe O - Service Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service navapsvc - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe O - Service Norton Internet Security Service NISSERV - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Norton Internet Security NISSERV EXE O - Service Norton Internet Security Accounts Manager NISUM - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Norton Internet Security NISUM EXE O - Service ScriptBlocking Service SBService - Symantec Corporation - C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT SCRIPT SBServ exe O - Service Symantec Network Drivers Service SNDSrvc - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe O - Service Norton Internet Security Proxy Service SymProxySvc - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Norton Internet Security SymProxySvc exe O - Service SymWMI Service SymWSC - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe Any ideas I am out of em and this is annoying me nbsp

A:can't access secure sites

first of all of do you have a router also try this test for me open a cmd windows start run type cmd then type ping and the site you cant acess tell me if you get any replied also do you have any software firewall ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-secure-sites.341658/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi my problem with IE may well be part of a bigger problem However at the moment every time I try to connect sites with IE7 cannot secure connect with microsoft com or other M soft sites I get the message quot Internet Explorer cannot display the web page quot The same applies with any site resembling anti virus s ware or other secure sites even Skype will IE7 cannot connect with secure sites not load I uninstalled the Symantic A V with the intention of reinstalling it I tried without success to re-install the A V program from a disk so no A V program on my PC at the moment I looked at IE sticky notes and the only entry that worked from the eight was regsvr urimon dll I have tried to download IE from the web but apart from sites that will not allow the download I am usually confronted with the invitation to scan my PC for errors etc I tried the Reset option in Internet options without success Any help would be appreciated Ray

A:IE7 cannot connect with secure sites

You might be infected. Go to our site:
NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum
and follow the instructions

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie7-cannot-connect-with-secure-sites-646237.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello, a friend is having a problem since a few days. He can only access his banking site (https) but cannot access any other sites. Windows mail works. He can access the internet through another computer that uses xp, but I'm not sure if the problem is related to Vista. I tried several things but without succes : disabling the firewal, disabling Norton antivirus, installing Firefox

Does anyone had the same problem recently and resolved it ? Does someone have any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/207299-can-only-access-secure-sites.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I can surf, search, etc. but cant access any site that is password protected (MSNHotmail, my bank, etc). I have looked around a bit online for help and have tried a few things in TOOLS, INTERNET OPTIONS, SECURITY SETTINGS. However, I really am unsure about what I am doing and dont want to further break my system. Is this fixable? How did this happen? Can anyone please help me? I have XP, I have McAfee (if that helps).
Thanks!

A:Cant access secure sites! Help me!

I had a similar problem, but it only involved one bank account. I spent hours with the bank's tech support before they finally gave up. I don't know why, but IE has problems accessing secure sites. The bank said they are having many people with problems after installing SP2 for XP.

Anyway, I downloaded and used Firefox (Mozilla's new browser) and had no problem connecting to the secure account IE couldn't access. http://www.spreadfirefox.com/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-access-secure-sites-help-me-39652.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,

Some months ago I receive wonderful help from this site (rootkit infection). One of the suggestions was to install Hostsman and it was OK until it blocked some sites we used a lot (as Meebo and ESPN fantasy). We edited exclusions and that seemed to work for a little time. The sites were blocked again and excluding them in Hostsman did not help at all.
I found a post recommending to add manual deletion of some files after uninstalling Hostsman in the usual way (http://oldforum.abelhadigital.com/ar/t145.htm). but it did not work. Those sites are still blocked. I ran the software the post recommended to clean the registry, but it found thousands of invalid entries and I did not trust it to clean the registry.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/366739/cannot-access-secure-sites/
Relevancy 54.18%

hi, not sure if this is a windows 7 problem or not, i have changed to windows 7 last week and yesterday noticed that i cant seem to access any secure sites, eg barclays log in page and tesco/asda payment page, (https pages). get the same problem on chrome, firefox and ie. My wife says she has used the computer to access bank account but i cant think of anything that may have changed since then.
can ayone help.please
just noticed i can access gmail which is a secure site.

A:cant access secure sites

Make sure you have the correct date and time on your computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-secure-sites.993860/
Relevancy 54.18%

Vista Home Premium cannot access https sites with IE but can with Firefox, so it isn't a firewall port problem.
IE says Cipher Strength is 0-bits and should be 128-bits. How do I change?

A:Cannot access secure sites

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/features/details/IE7security.mspx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-access-secure-sites.106559/
Relevancy 54.18%

I am running IE8, Windows XP Professional Firewall, PC Tools AntiVirus and can reach only ( https) sites, no (http) sites. I have not changed any Internet Options.

I haven't got a clue as to why.

A:Can reach only Secure sites

Open Command Prompt and ping your IP address. Let's see what happens.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/can-reach-only-secure-sites-491599.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Well I ve downloaded Spybot is it and ran it Ran Hijackthis and posted the log and followed the instructions received here but Still I can not enter any secure sites Here is a sites secure enter still cannot new hijackthis from after the last repair attempt Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows still cannot enter secure sites XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C PROGRA PANICW POP-UP PSFree exe C F FServer exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exe C Program Files SBC Connection Manager CManager exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files Palm HOTSYNC EXE C PROGRA BROADJ CORREC CCD exe C PROGRA BROADJ CLIENT CFD exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security NISUM EXE C Program Files Free Downloads Accelerator fdaagent exe C Program Files Yahoo browser YBrowser exe C hijacked HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http search shopnav com apps epa epa cid shnv amp s R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults stp yessentials http my yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus sentials http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http search shopnav com apps epa epa cid shnv amp s R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults stp yessentials http my yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su yessentials http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su yessentials http www yahoo com O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Common ycomp dll O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - b d - - b - d - c ade ab b - C Program Files Srng SNHelper dll file missing O - BHO no name - DE A- - -AB - B C C - C PROGRA FREEDO fdahlp dll O - BHO no name - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Common ycomp dll O - Toolbar FDA Bar - C C- C - A - BDA- DD A FF - C Program Files Free Downloads Accelerator fdabar dll O - HKLM Run ccApp C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ypager exe -quiet O - HKCU Run PopUpStopperFreeEdition quot C PROGRA PANICW POP-UP PSFree exe quot O - Startup Connection Manager lnk C Program Files SBC Connection Manager CManager exe O - Startup HotSync Manager lnk C Program Files Palm HOTSYNC EXE O - Global Startup Falcon Server lnk ... Read more

A:still cannot enter secure sites

rescan and put a check next to each of these and close all browser windows then click "fix checked"
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {14b3d246-6274-40b5-8d50-6c2ade2ab29b} - C:\Program Files\Srng\SNHelper.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {98DE779A-2364-4293-AB71-2B97C61C4640} - C:\PROGRA~1\FREEDO~1\fdahlp99.dll

O3 - Toolbar: FDA Bar - {9595C62C-76C6-49A6-9BDA-3253DD7A34FF} - C:\Program Files\Free Downloads Accelerator\fdabar99.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime

O4 - Global Startup: Falcon 2000 Server.lnk = C:\F2000\FServer.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/still-cannot-enter-secure-sites.194101/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have Windows XP and my computer won't allow me on secure websites. It will allow me to browse the internet but it wont let me on anything that requires me to sign in, such as my emails, bank accounts, or social networks like Facebook. I have tried everything, I ran Malawarebytes and Adaware. I found a forum that was talking about a similar situation and someone suggested MouseMatrix which it allowed me to get on those sites through that? It's like something is blocking me from getting on theses sites.

I have about gave up and was going to take it to get it repaired? But, I feel like it may be something simple...I hope so anyways.

Thanks, April

A:can't access secure sites...HELP!

You didn't say which web-browser it's happening with (no longer can we safely assume it's Internet Explorer now that it has at least one popular rival). Anyhow, the link below will take you to a page that suggests things to try if you are an IE user.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic41067.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-access-secure-sites-help-536479.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have two laptops each running the same version and maintenance levels of Windows 7 and IE10. They are on the same wireless network - my home network. On one, I cannot get to secure sites. On the other, I can get to secure sites. I have compared all settings under Tools >Internet Options>Advanced as well as the Security tab. They are identical. I have uninstalled IE10 and gone back to IE9 with no change in the problem. I am now back to IE10 with all updates reinstalled. Anyone have any ideas? I would be most grateful to hear some good ideas.

A:Unable to get to secure sites!

Does one have a different AV installed i.e. Norton?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/unable-to-get-to-secure-sites-701492.html
Relevancy 54.18%

A friend gave up on his computer and asked me to look at it I ve never seen this problem before I can go to secure sites https but cant browse anywhere else I get the same results with Mozilla I can ping IP and DNS so I know the connection is good In Safemode I can browse secure Can only IE7 with sites browse normally The computer is running XP home w Microsoft Onecare for Virus and multiple spyware identification programs They are all updated up to weeks ago Can only browse secure sites with IE7 when this started happening I have checked IE for privacy proxy add-on and advanced settings I have also tried disabling everything I can in the startup I keep going back to it being somekind of firewall issue but all have been disabled I m about to just back up his photos and be done with it but thought i would see what everyone here had to say Thanks in advance HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS Can only browse secure sites with IE7 system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live Antivirus MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Citrix ICA Client ssonsvr exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live OcHealthMon exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint dpupdchk exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live Firewall msfwsvc exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SSU EXE C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winss exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winssnotify exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c amp bd PAVILION amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c amp bd PAVILION amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c amp bd PAVILION amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main First Home Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Windows Live OneCare Fam... Read more

A:Can only browse secure sites with IE7

Ok, I figured it out. It was Windows Live Onecare Family protection. I uninstalled Onecare Family protection and I am browsing all sites again. I must admit I am surprised I didnít hear back from anyone. Maybe its time to open up the reply privilege to more people, just an opinion. I hope this post helps someone. Good luck all.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-only-browse-secure-sites-with-ie7.823004/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I have a dell inspiron 5160 that recently had a new cpu installed into it. The original cpu was a 3.06ghz but i was able to get a 2.6 for cheap so i put that in. After installing the cpu I cannot access any secure site using internet explorer(hotmail, banking, facebook, etc). I am not sure where to look to find a solution. I tried installing google chrome and I was able to login to a secure site. Whats going on with explorer? After putting in the new cpu should I have done a reinstall of windows or is there some kind of driver i need to update? The computer seems to be working fine otherwise.. thank you for any assistance

Relevancy 54.18%

Hey guys!!!

My computer kept bsod'ing so I decided to system restore but after the restore my internet explorer (as well as my League of Legends) has not been working properly. On League of Legends I can't connect to the server even though I know it is up. On internet explorer I can't access secure sites like google and hotmail. I have tried all the fixes available on the internet and none of them have worked for me. When I look at the internet explorer properties it seems a bit weird to me, I have posted a screen shot of it for you guys to take a look at. I can open all sites of chrome and firefox just fine though.

Screenshot: imgur: the simple image sharer

MANY THANKS!!!

A:Can't Access Secure Sites from IE ONLY

Revert the System Restore back to the one showing BDODs. If all else is OK post the problem here: BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs - Tech Support Forum
If all the problems + BSOD are occurring:
We recommend that you read this article…
NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help
follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information; as instructed, in the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help - Tech Support Forum section of the forum.
(Simply, click on the colored links to be re-directed.)

Please ensure that you create a new thread in the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help - Tech Support ForumForum; not back here in this one.

When carrying out The Malware Removal Steps, if you cannot complete any of them for whatever reason, just continue on with the next one until they are all completed.
However,it is extremely important to make mention of the fact that you could not complete any of the steps in your post to the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help - Tech Support Forum Forum; where an Analyst will assist you with other workarounds.

Once done, please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/cant-access-secure-sites-from-ie-only-752801.html
Relevancy 54.18%

hi i am using aol ...it wont let me on to secure sites..i am using norton anti virus on xp.......internet options ..security is at default and privacy is medium. tryed helpline but still the same...

thanks aly

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/secure-sites-blocked-73033.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I can't get into secure sites for some reason. I've changed my security settings and turned off the firewall but that didn't sort it!!

It's particularly annoying as I have to use a different PC to get into Hotmail.

Has anyone come across this before?

Thanks

Relevancy 54.18%

hi all this is my first post on here im a beginner with computer repair so please bear with me as im at my wits end with this i am using sites probs getting onto with secure vista home premium on a fujitsu siemens laptop since monday th nov i have probs with getting onto secure sites been unable to probs with getting onto secure sites get onto secure sites ie online banking paypal my aol broadband account when i go on paypal i press the log on button and nothing happens the screen stays the same and its as if the log on button doesnt work when i go on online banking it probs with getting onto secure sites goes very slow the progress bar stops half way preventing me to log on but the rest of the site works immediately when i press it same for the aol broadband account what i have done so far - deleted cache deleted cookies configured modem to run at a faster bandwidth done the winsock thing on command prompt tried to do a system restore and that fails half way through installed a new independent browser firefox - still the same on there taken off current antivirus and tried without - still the same installed a brand new antivirus trial with nortons - still the same its not a problem with the area as i managed to use someone else computer on the next street and there was no issues with theirs can anyone suggest anything else that i can do i rely on online banking and paypal please please help thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

Vista Home Premium cannot access secure sites (https). Further testing shows IE7 Cipher Strength as 0-bits, but needs to be 128 or 256-bits.

How do I fix?

Ummm, my Vista Ultimate has IE 32bit and IE 64bit, and both are 256bit cipher standard:

I checked my parents computer running Vista Home Premium and the 32bit version of IE in there is also 256bit.

Have you tried Internet Explorer - Reset

Also, I would ***highly*** recommend a virus and malware scan of your system.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/166443-cannot-access-secure-sites.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I can't get past the user ID's secure unternet sites. It just keeps asking for my user ID. Also I can't get search boxes in sites to find pages that I know are there, and can find on a different computer. Can someone tell what they think this may be?

Thank you,

DanEdward

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-log-onto-secure-unternet-sites-448369.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I recently got a new computer which runs XP and I can't access secure sites over sites secure XP with access Can't the net I've done a search and loads of people apparently have this Can't access secure sites with XP problem I've tried so many solutions that have been mentioned - playing about with internet settings system restore updating dll files and everything that is mentioned on the microsoft support site and then some and nothing works A lot of people seem to have this problem associated with Can't access secure sites with XP norton antivirus which I did install but have since uninstalled and still no access to secure sites I'm at my wits end and wondered if anyone here could help because a lot of people don't seem to be able to solve this problem at all from what I've read This problem occurs with both IE and firefox I'm running service pack as far as I'm aware which form what I've read could have something to do with the problem I don't know if the best thing is just to reformat because its a bit drastic and others who have tried that say it did no good Please please help me if you can Surely it can't be unfixable I have a hijack this log if thats any help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Communicator xcommsvr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system RunDll exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdoesrv exe C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdnagent exe C PROGRA TWINTO mouseElf exe C PROGRA TWINTO mHotkey exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S IC EXE C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Nikon PictureProject NkbMonitor exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware GIANTAntiSpywareMain exe C Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Scan Server bdss exe C Program Files Softwin BitDefender vsserv exe c program files softwin bitdefender bdmcon exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www gocyberlink com registrat Brown amp Lang Enu O - HKLM Run Cmaudio RunDll cmicnfg cpl CMICtrlWnd O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run BDMCon C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdmcon exe O - HKLM Run BDOESRV C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdoesrv exe O - HKLM Run BDNewsAgent quot c program files softwin bitdefender bdnagent exe quot O - HKLM Run mouseElf C PROGRA TWINTO mouseElf exe O - HKLM Run mHotKey C PROGRA TWINTO mHotkey exe O - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus C Series C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S IC EXE P quot EPSON Stylus C Series quot O quot USB quot M quot Stylus C quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - Global Startup NkbMonitor exe lnk C Program Files Nikon PictureProject NkbMonitor exe O - Global Startup Ulead Photo Express Calendar Checker For My Custom Edition lnk C Program Files Ulead Systems Ulead Photo Express My Custom Edition CalCheck exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PRO... Read more

A:Can't access secure sites with XP

Well it wouldn't be your isp...it probably has something to do with your security settings, or norton...

1.) Tools > Internet Options > Advanced (scroll down) > make sure "Use SSL 2.0" and "Use SSL 3.0" are both checked.

2. ) Use rnav2003.exe to make sure norton is uninstalled.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-access-secure-sites-with-xp-70245.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Whenever I attempt to connect to a secure site or any site requiring a password using Netscape 6.2, I get a "The connection was refused when attempting to contact (site name).
The same thing apparently happens when attempting to access such sites w/ my I.E. browser also, except I get the "page cannot be displayed" page.
I have checked the versions of both browsers & they both say they support 128 bit encryption.

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,

Got a problem when you try and visit any secure HTTPS sites as a restricted user on a domain with group polciy restrictions it doesn't work, but go to any HTTP site and works fine. But if you try as an admin it does work for both HTTPs and HTTP.

Any ideas?? I've enabled SSL 2.0, 3.0, TLS 1.0 in IE7.

A:IE7 & Secure Sites Problem

Hey there,

Is there any particular reason why you are sticking with IE7 (2006) instead of upgrading to at least IE8?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie7-secure-sites-problem.1025123/
Relevancy 54.18%

I'm going to be helping another soul in trouble and thought I'd get a little direction first.

My neighbor says that her computer surfs the net fine but won't allow her to open any secure sites. One she mentioned was gotomypc.com and her municipal sites for her job.

Sounds to me like she's having settings problems.

Any hints would be appreciated.

A:IE opens all but secure sites.

The only thing I know about IE settings that may affect secure sites are at the end of the 'Advanced' section of Internet Options where options to use SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0 and TLS 1.0 are mentioned.

I assume that these are correctly set by default and, in my version of IE 7, SSL 2.0 is unchecked (it is, apparently, out of date and insecure) while the other two have their boxes checked. Unless your friend, or some program she has installed, has amended those settings, it's difficult to see why secure sites shouldn't work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-opens-all-but-secure-sites.761954/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi all, so im having issue connecting to secure sites or using software that uses secure connections

I have tried all the fixes in the stickied topic, none of which have workeed or solved my issue.

I have uninstalled my antivirus, and am now out of ideas to try.

Im using windows 7 ultimate x64, and this problem does not apply when using Firefox

I was wondering if there were any other things i could attempt to do other than the ones posted in the stickied topic (I have already tried those)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/556653/cant-access-secure-sites/
Relevancy 54.18%

hi,
I am not able to excess some secure site when using vista,could any one tell what all steps i could try to solve this problem

A:vista with secure sites

I would think it's more likely that some 3rd party software is restricting your access to secure sites. What internet security package do you use? I know McAfees Privacy Service can be a big culprit for limiting access. Let us know all the non-standard (non Windows default) stuff you're running, maybe we can locate the cause of your issues.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-with-secure-sites.597853/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi all,
I have a friend who had a dial up connection. He recently switch to Broad Band. Once he swithc to Broad Band, he was not able to acces any websites that use secure sites. I took his computer and looked at it at home. I also have broadband and hes computer had no problems using my connection. I could connect to any site I chose. I took his computer back to his house and he still has the same problem. I have no clue what could be wrong. Any ideas? Can it be the Broad Band modem? Any clues or ideas would be greatly appreciated. By the way, he uses firefox as his browser. Neither firefox nor IE will work on secure sites. Pc specs are p4 1.6 Ghz 256 memory XP Professional SP2. Thank you in advance

Relevancy 54.18%

I have a friends acer laptop mths old which has accounts onit However they cannot access the passenger creditcard details part of BA website - it comes up secure sites home - xp Page cannot be displayed This is via AOL This is the first time they have tried to use the PC for this access It surfs the web OK AOL version so i thought I would try IE - I xp home - secure sites was unable to see the iexplore exe file under windows explorer even with the view show hidden from run I type cmd and then went to the dir and typed iexplore and it worked I managed to get IE to run from one of the accounts after changing the default settings - but still cannot access the BA details This is XP home version and both accounts are set as computer administrators I feel that these accounts do not seem to be admin however there are no other accounts and looking on the web all XP Home accounts are set to admin by default So many questions how do I work out the prev of the accounts a how do i change and set an admin account any ideas why i cannot get onto the secure part of BA s website - everything works fine upto the point it asks for passenger details and credit card details thanks nbsp

A:xp home - secure sites

Have you tried allowing cookies,including session cookies.Some sites require you to have session cookies enabled in order to access some features of the site.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-home-secure-sites.215110/
Relevancy 54.18%

IE will only display secure sites. Upgraded from 6 to 7; same issue. Anything other than a secure site returns "page will not display" error. Have went through many steps through research on internet to clear problem, including emptying cache, resetting IE, searching HOSTS files, etc. Posted in spybot forum; no malware issues.

Any help appreciated after weeks of banging head against computer. Ready to just let IE go and continue using Firefox.

A:IE only displays secure sites

Do you have these problems in any other browsers? Please try one of the below (both are free):

Firefox
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
Opera
http://www.opera.com/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-only-displays-secure-sites-189419.html
Relevancy 54.18%

My computer access secure Can't sites only works fine and has no other problems but when I try and view https sites I get an error message reading quot Internet Can't access secure sites only Explorer cannot display the webpage quot in IE and using Firefox and Chrome yields similar results Also The attachment manager isn t working properly when I click on it nothing happens The message in the IE tray at the bottom reads quot Error on page quot So I have it I just can t attach the DDS attach txt file Thank you so much for your help and let me know what I can do to assist you Matt Schaab System info Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard LENOVO LENOVO Antivirus Norton Internet Security Updated No On-Demand Scanner Enabled Hijack this scan results Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system acs exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security ISSVC exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkService exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon Can't access secure sites only exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system cba pds exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Can't access secure sites only Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS STK N STK NM exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Documents and Settings Matt Local Settings Application Data Autobahn mlb-nexdef-autobahn exe C Program Files ZyXEL M- M- exe C PROGRA Symantec SYMANT NSCTOP EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c program files lenovo system update suservice exe C Program Files Common Files Lenovo tvt reg monitor svc exe C Program Files Lenovo Rescue and Recovery rrservice exe C Program Files Common Files Lenovo Scheduler tvtsched exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Common Files Lenovo Logger logmon exe c WINDOWS system ZuneBusEnum exe C WINDOWS system ams ii hndlrsvc exe C WINDOWS system MsgSys EXE C WINDOWS system ams ii iao exe C WINDOWS system cba xfr exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Documents and Settings Matt Desktop HijackThis exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Matt Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE YYZDZAJI HijackThis exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AUpdate exe C PROGRA Symantec LIVEUP LUCOMS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http search babylon com home AF R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www lenovo com welcome desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C Documents and Settin... Read more

A:Can't access secure sites only

Delete any existing version of ComboFix you have sitting on your desktop
Please read and follow all these instructions very carefully​ Do not edit or remove any information or user names etc, otherwise we cannot fix the problem. If you insist on editing out anything then I will close the topic & refuse to offer any help.

Download ComboFix from Here or Hereto your Desktop.
As you download it rename it to username123.exe
**Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop and run from the desktop and not any other folder on your computer**
--------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
Very Important! Temporarily disable your anti-virus and anti-malware real-time protection and any script blocking components of them or your firewall before performing a scan. They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results" or stop combofix running at all
Click on THIS LINK to see instructions on how to temporarily disable many security programs while running combofix. The list does not cover every program. If yours is not listed and you don't know how to disable it, please ask.
Remember to re enable the protection again after combofix has finished
--------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Close any open browsers and any other programs you might have running
Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.​If you are using windows XP It might display a pop up saying that "Recovery console is not installed, do you want to install?"
Please select yes & let it download the files it needs to do this. Once the recovery console is installed Combofix will then offer to scan for malware. Select continue or yes.
When finished, it will produce a report for you.
Please post the "C:\ComboFix.txt" for further review
****Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall or freeze ****

Note: ComboFix may reset a number of Internet Explorer's settings, including making it the default browser.
Note: Combofix prevents autorun of ALL CDs, floppies and USB devices to assist with malware removal & increase security. If this is an issue or makes it difficult for you -- please tell us when you reply. Read HERE why we disable autoruns

Please do not install any new programs or update anything (always allow your antivirus/antispyware to update) unless told to do so while we are fixing your problem. If combofix alerts to a new version and offers to update, please let it. It is essential we always use the latest version.

Please tell us if it has cured the problems or if there are any outstanding issues

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-secure-sites-only.988150/
Relevancy 54.18%

Two computers out of about 35 in our company can not access secure web sites. Non secure sites are no problem, but when I try to go to a secure site I get the page can not be displayed message. Ran Adaware and AVG, both clean. Checked Advanced settings in Tools>Internet Options everything looks good. Any suggestions?

A:Can't access secure web sites

did you try setting to defaults in internet options under advanced tab ? ( just to make sure they are all ok. ) Also try an online scan. Try one of the links below. I would suggest panda in this case.

regards.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/cant-access-secure-web-sites-66679.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Last week my DSL would not access certain sites For example I could come to the TSG forum but I could not access the page to write or post a message This problem with Access Sites Cannot DSL Secure corrected itself after switching Cannot Access Secure Sites with DSL from IE to Firefox but I think that is coincidence Today I tried to access secure sites https and I cannot access them I tried my online banking account and ebay Sometimes it just times out but once ebay returned with a screen saying something was preventing cookies from being downloaded The big problem is that it is not a browser problem or a security problem All three browsers don t work IE Mozilla Firefox I set all the setting right SSL s allow cookies firewall amp virus scan off Here is the kicker when I access the net via dialup I can get everywhere I have access to secure sites without hesistation Does anyone have a clue My gut says its a virus What else could it be that prevents the DSL from working and not the dialup nbsp

A:Cannot Access Secure Sites with DSL

Without finding anything exciting over the web, I bit the bullet and reinstalled windows XP from scratch. My logic was it was either a virus or a problem with the network card or router.

After the reinstall, I noticed a virus which was infecting my system. The little bugger is called HWCLOCK.exe. Not only did it immediately reinfect (I had tried to keep a few files) it also took out my HJT right after I ran it. I reformatted both HDD's and reinstalled. Everything is working okay for now. I'll keep everyone updated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-access-secure-sites-with-dsl.366934/
Relevancy 54.18%

I can only access secure sites. Any suggestions?

A:Can only access secure sites

helloa nd welcome to tsf

please do this

click Start => Run an copy and paste this command into the run box:

notepad %windir%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

press OK.

a notepad file should pop up copy and paste everything in the notepad file back into this thread.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/can-only-access-secure-sites-230194.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Here is a small tutorial based upon secure sites and their complications Internet Explorer Cannot Connect to Secure Web Sites --- There are a number of possible causes which in turn have suggested fixes You can test your ability to connect Sites Can't Secure Access to SSL Can't Access Secure Sites sites using these SSL tests Microsoft or EbayIf you get the quot page cannot be displayed quot then I'm afraid you can't access SSL sites An example of this picture can be found here Here are the steps that you should try to fix your quot secure sites problem quot Verify that Internet Explorer Is Using -Bit Encryption In Internet Explorer on the Help menu click About Internet Explorer The level of encryption on your computer appears next to the words Cipher Strength Verify that the Cipher Strength value appears as -bit If the Cipher Can't Access Secure Sites Strength is anything less then -bit download the quot Explorer Internet High Encryption Pack quot to your computer's hard disk and then install it Delete Temporary Internet Files There's also a possibility of some corrupted files in your Temporary Internet Files TIF storage You should clear these In Internet Explorer on the Tools menu click Internet Options and select the General tab Under Temporary Internet files click Delete Files and click OK when you are prompted to confirm the deletionConfigure Security settings for the Trusted sites zone in Internet Explorer In Internet Explorer on the Tools menu click Internet Options and select the Security tab Select Trusted sites and then click Default Level Add the secure Web site you are trying to access to the Trusted sites zone To do so click Sites type the address URL of the site in the Add this Web site to the zone box Click Add click OK and then click ApplyClear the Secure Sockets Layer SSL slate and AutoComplete history In Internet Explorer on the Tools menu click Internet Options and select the Content tab Under Certificates click Clear SSL State Click OK when you receive the message that the SSL cache was successfully cleared Under Personal information click AutoComplete Under Clear AutoComplete history click Clear Forms Click OK when you are prompted to confirm the operation Verify that Internet Explorer is configured to use SSL and SSL In Internet Explorer click on the Tools menu click Internet Options and select the Advanced tab In the Settings box under the Security header click to select the Use SSL and Use SSL check boxes if they are not already selected and then click OKVerify that the Date and Time Settings on Your Computer Are Correct Because SSL certificates have an expiration date if the date on your computer isn't correct it may prevent you from connecting to secure sites To verify that your computer is configured with the correct date and time settings Click Start gt click Control Panel Click Date Time Language and Regional Options and then click Date and Time Select the Date amp Time tab Check to make sure that the date and time settings are configured to use the current date and time and then click OKCheck the file integrity of the IE and Outlook Click Start gt Run gt quot sfc scannow quot without quotes It might ask for the Windows CD to upload the corrupted files Click Start gt Run gt regsvr softpub dll without quotes and wait for the OK message then try again Here are some Microsoft Knowledge Base articles dealing with this problem that you may like to look at if you aren't able to solve the problem Just Google the error number and you should find some additional info on it - Cipher Strength Appears as -Bit in Internet Explorer - Error Message When You Try to Connect to Secure Site Client Certificate Has Expired or Is Not Yet Valid - quot The Page Cannot Be Displayed quot Error Message When You Try to View Web Page on a Secure Web Site - Page Cannot Be Displayed Error During SSL Server Session Timeout - Internet Explorer Connectivity and Certificate Display Issues - You Cannot Access Your MSN E-ma... Read more

A:Can't Access Secure Sites

d-trojanator~
i was surprised to see my problem in one of the first forums i chose. i have had this problem for several months now, and i tried all the suggestions on your post, however none of them worked. having my computer at home is almost pointless without this ability. do you have any more suggestions? my dsl provider once told me that there was a bug that caused this. i have ran all my virus software, my firewall is off (other than windows) i have spybot and have ran it, everything is coming up with nothing...i don't know what else to do. i even did a system restore all the way back to october. please help!!
any help you can give will be greatly appreciated!!
thanks
amanda

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/41067/cant-access-secure-sites/
Relevancy 54.18%

i have windows 2000 and IE6 and i cant visit secure sites. i tried fixing my internet options but it still doesnt let me view secure sites. i cant download anything either. any assistance would be great. thanks

A:cant visit secure sites on IE6

You need the high encryption pack.

Download it here
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/downloads/recommended/encryption/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-visit-secure-sites-on-ie6.194474/
Relevancy 54.18%

I've spent the last couple of hours utterly confused as Sites Secure Access 2 Vol. Can't to why my computer just suddenly stopped working like it should I like the other topic Can't Access Secure Sites Vol. 2 similar to mine cannot access any Secure websites such as hotmail paypal my College website my page on Ebay ect I've tried reinstalling the browsers this happens both on Firefox and IE reinstalling my BIOS installed and used winsockxpfix and pretty much Can't Access Secure Sites Vol. 2 everything but throw the computer out the window I've searched high and low on Google without any luck From what I can tell from the last topic I have an identical issue as Can't Access Secure Sites Vol. 2 celloz and divingbuddy only their solutions aren't working for me It isn't my router as my roommate uses the same one without any issues Please help I'm dying Edit Just a few more helpful insights I am using XP SP this is my error Data Transfer Interrupted The connection to com was interrupted while the page was loading The browser connected successfully but the connection was interrupted while transferring information Please try again Are you unable to browse other sites Check the computer's network connection Still having trouble Consult your network administrator or Internet provider for assistance

A:Can't Access Secure Sites Vol. 2

I'm getting this exact message too... can anyone help?
I've tried everything in all the previous topics!

Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/204667/cant-access-secure-sites-vol-2/
Relevancy 54.18%

hey iam unable to access any secure Secure Can't Sites Access sites off my computer eg Hotmail Other computers on my wireless home network can I have deleted my antivirus program Mcafee which was my firewall and windows firewall is off I have checked all my internet browser settings and everything seems fine I plugged my modem directly into my laptop and i could accesss the sites but wireless through the router i cant and other laptops using the network can access secure sites Router is a Dlink Di I have done a port check and have discovered port is closed I turned Can't Access Secure Sites on windows firewall and added port to the exceptions list as well as i did a port forward on my router and nothing I tried using netstat and it didnt list the port at all I also tryed reregistering the dll's all came up successfull but still couldnt Can't Access Secure Sites access any secure sites I tried winsock xp as well but didnt work Iam using firefox but still occassionally use internet explorer Any help would be great Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-access-secure-sites-234202.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have Windows XP.Im going crazy.When I go to secure sites it says"cannot display page"
I have gone through all the fixes,but................nothing works

Relevancy 54.18%

I have checked all of my computer settings, and tried all of the self help ideas that I have found on line. I am still not allowed to enter secured sites. I can't get on any sites that are used to order stuff on line or apply for thing, like jobs, etc. Do you have any idea what I can do to fix this problem?

A:can't enter secure sites

Hi, and welcome..
D/load HJT log to see what is running on your system..
www.thespykiller.co.uk/files/HJTsetup.exe
Close all windows..let it scan>save to notepad>edit>select all>edit>cpoy>paste on your thread..the log experts will help you...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-enter-secure-sites.364296/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a dell w/xphome. I have a norton/symantec anti virus good until 6/2007. I have bellsouthdsl. Bell service told me it was a "firewall problem". I have been unable to get help from norton. For example, I can go to www.aa.com but when I put dates and flights in & "select", I cannot go to what I think is a "secure" site.

I have seen this issue in the past where Norton was the culprit. Disable the program to see if it has any effect. In some situations removing Norton completely was the only solution. Below is a list of other things you may want to try.

Check Firewall/Network Configuration. Make sure that the SSL port (port 443) is open on your network/firewall. This includes software firewalls as well as any hardware firewalls such as a router.
Check your System Cryptogrophy settings:

Control Pannel > Administrative tools > Local Security Settings. Open up Local Policies > Security Options > Verify that "System Cryptogrophy: Use FIPS compliant algorythms for encryption" is set to disabled.

Even though XP should come standard with the correct encryption pack, verify that Internet Explorer Is Using 128-Bit Encryption:

In Internet Explorer, on the Help menu, click About Internet Explorer. The level of encryption on your computer appears next to the words Cipher Strength. Verify that the Cipher Strength value appears as 128-bit. If the Cipher Strength is anything less then 128-bit, download the "Explorer Internet High Encryption Pack" from Microsoft

Delete Temporary Internet Files

There's also a possibility of some corrupted files in your Temporary Internet Files (TIF) storage. You should clear these. In Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, click Internet Options, and select the General tab. Under Temporary Internet files, click Delete Files, and click OK when you are prompted to confirm the deletion

Configure Security settings for the Trusted sites zone in Internet Explorer:

In Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, click Internet Options, and select the Security tab. Select Trusted sites, and then click Default Level. Add the secure Web site you are trying to access to the Trusted sites zone. To do so, click Sites, type the address (URL) of the site in the Add this Web site to the zone box. Click Add, click OK, and then click Apply

Clear the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) slate and AutoComplete history:

In Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, click Internet Options, and select the Content tab. Under Certificates, click Clear SSL State. Click OK when you receive the message that the SSL cache was successfully cleared. Under Personal information, click AutoComplete. Under Clear AutoComplete history, click Clear Forms. Click OK when you are prompted to confirm the operation.

Verify that Internet Explorer is configured to use SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0

In Internet Explorer, click on the Tools menu, click Internet Options, and select the Advanced tab. In the Settings box, under the Security header, click to select the Use SSL 2.0 and Use SSL 3.0 check boxes (if they are not already selected), and then click OK

Verify that the Date and Time Settings on Your Computer Are Correct:

If the date on your computer isn't correct, it may prevent you from connecting to secure sites since SSL certificates have an expiration date. To verify that your computer is configured with the correct date and time settings Click Start > click Control Panel > Click Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options, and then click Date and Time, Select the Date & Time tab. Check to make sure that the date and time settings are configured to use the current date and time, and then click OK
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-access-secure-sites.532612/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,
I am unable to access any secure sites on the internet. This problem started about a week ago. Any suggestions on what to do?
I would appreciate any help! Thanks.
mayfitz

Relevancy 54.18%

Please help first there was some window coming saying: Personalized settings for C:\windows\system32\server.exe and then closing Generic Host process for Win32 services. I ran some anti spyware software. These warnings were removed but now I cannot open some sites. Please help. Somehow through cached view from google I am able to open this site. Help needed please. I am attaching my hijackthis logEdit: My first log was in safemode. Now attaching my second log file not being in safe mode. Dont know how but bleepingcomputer has started being opened. But even then looks like I am infected if anybody can have a look at my log.

A:Please help cannot bleepingcomputer.com and many other secure sites

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/330235/please-help-cannot-bleepingcomputercom-and-many-other-secure-sites/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello I ve been having a problem with the Windows Update ie6, activeX sites secure & web xp, WU site and other secure sites banks etc IE can access the Update site but I get two dialog boxes saying quot Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page quot Then I get a page that says quot Administrators xp, ie6, activeX & secure web sites Only quot telling me to right-click WU and select quot Run as quot but my user account does have administrator priveleges I tried it anyway and it doesn t work I ve also tried everything I can find on the windows help page with no results I have runb Spybot to clean out spyware etc and the problem persists Everything else I ve been told doesn t work Does this have to do at all with my ActiveX settings and why doesn t changing them through Tools Internet Options Securty Custom Level work I have tried lowering the security levels and that did not work either I even took computer to the computer store and stumped that tech I would appreciate any help nbsp

A:xp, ie6, activeX & secure web sites

I had this error before. No matter what security level you are it will revert back to high security for activex. You can't change it.

I resolved it by logging in as the administrator account.
Backing up my user profile.
Then I deleted the profile folder and logged in again with the old account.

This will recreate the user profile folder. I then restored all the important files from the backup.

That solved my problem.
It should work for you.

In my case it was caused by microsoft's windows update. There was an error when updating to a higher service pack.

The only drawback to this fix is you might have to redo your custom configurations like desktop wallpaper, colors, etc....

Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-ie6-activex-secure-web-sites.154085/
Relevancy 54.18%

Maybe this is only happening to me but I will pass along some information just in case I was having problems downloading my bank statements pdf PDF Statements Secure Sites from format from my banking website I would click to view the statement and address bar and progress bar seemed to behave normally but no statement ever showed up in the window After making some changes to the security settings I could finally see the statements but clicking on the Adobe Reader button seemed to do nothing I have now found that the files were being stored PDF Statements from Secure Sites on my computer whether or PDF Statements from Secure Sites not I used the save button in Reader in a location that is very hard to find which is noted below Why the statements never became visible in the window I don't know but maybe it is related to the strange Adobe window that keeps poping up giving no information Why I was never given a SAVE AS option to move the files to a folder of my choosing I also don't know C Users YourUser AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Low Content IE

A:PDF Statements from Secure Sites

I'm having the same problem. I have to boot up Vista every time I need to print a shipping label from usps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/3599-pdf-statements-secure-sites.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have been plagued with this problem for quite some time and on multiple computers at my work. I'm pretty sure its a virus that only allows access to secure website like owa and will give a page cannot be displayed message for any normal ones. The funny thing is that it only affects a certain profile on the machine and if I just delete the profile and create a new it works fine. I believe we have seen this problem on 5+ machines at different sites which have no connection to each other other than email through owa. I haven't seen any correlation between the affected computers and our anti-virus, Kaspersky, doesn't pick it up. I just want to know if anyone else has seen this and if they have suggestions for blocking it because even though it is easy to fix it is still annoying. Thank you in advance!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-only-access-secure-sites.969869/
Relevancy 54.18%

i have tried to view secure websites and i am not able to, i have tried a number of different options i think it might have something to do w/ xp sp2, anyone know how to fix it

A:viewing secure web sites

Do you have any Norton products installed?

Open IE, go to TOOLS > Internet Options > Advanced and scroll to bottom of list. Options there are for SSL, TLS, etc. Make sure they are all on.

SSL and TLS are encryption algorithms that make sure your communication with the other computer is secured.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/9800/viewing-secure-web-sites/
Relevancy 54.18%

I don't know if anyone uses sites like Swagbucks or Irazzoo but if someone does, possibly you'd know how to correct what is happening.
In IE I am able to see the slider on Swagbucks - in FF and Chrome it isn't even there.
I am only able to access Radium One on Chrome but I am not able to see the videos a lot of the time.
In Gambit, only some of the videos will play in Chrome but not at all in IE or FF.
And in some cases, linked pages won't load at all.
I'd really appreciate any assistance in this.
Thanks!

A:Accessing different sites using different browsers

Can you post a screenshot?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/416428/accessing-different-sites-using-different-browsers/
Relevancy 54.18%

Anytime I click on a link, such as to register for a scanner (XoftSpy) or any others, I can not get to it. All it gives me in the address is- http/// Can someone tell me what I nee dto change?

A:Problems with accessing sites

Please download HijackThis. Create a folder at C:\HJT and move HijackThis.exe there. Run a scan and save the log file. Post the whole log file here. Do not fix anything since most of them listed there are harmless (some are system required). This program will help us determine if there is any spyware/malware on your computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/problems-with-accessing-sites-24680.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Have a new HP Pavilion computer with Windows installed Sites Web Problem Accessing Some Using Internet Explorer or Firefox I can access most Web sites okay but not others Among those I cannot access are www microsoft com and www amazon com My wife has a computer running Windows and can access those sites okay My computer and my wife's computer use a wireless router to connect to a cable modem so it doesn't seem that the problem is with the router or modem Also before getting the new computer my previous computer that died connected to all Web sites okay using the same router etc I took the new Problem Accessing Some Web Sites computer to a local computer repair shop and with the computer running there had no problem connecting to any Web site This problem has me and several Problem Accessing Some Web Sites quot experts quot I have consulted baffled Nobody seems to have heard of a problem like this before I'll welcome all suggestions about how I can solve this problem GordonP

A:Problem Accessing Some Web Sites

Hey mate,

What antivirus program are you using? If you're using one you installed or it was preinstalled, and if you don't mind, just for the case of fully troubleshooting, I'd like you (at least temporarily) to remove it, which will force your computer to use the built-in Defender AV for now. BUT - remove it with an uninstaller. Revo Uninstaller Free works great, and sometimes the AV website itself offers a tool to remove it. Don't worry, Defender will protect your computer just fine, but may require a restart after you remove any other AV installed. Double-check that you've removed ALL AV programs, protections, toolbars, etc.

Reset IE completely: How to reset Internet Explorer settings ENSURING that you also delete personal settings by clicking the checkbox. If you have things you do not want to lose, then save them via export/import (import after we finish troubleshooting): Internet Explorer - Import and Export Favorites - Windows 7 Help Forums

Make sure ALL important and recommended MS updates are installed via control panel. Restart computer.

Run an antimalware program that is free, and widely regarded as one of the best. Select the free version, and after the install, uncheck the 30 day trial period to ensure you get the complete free version: https://www.malwarebytes.org/
Update it, and let it 'threat scan' your computer. If it finds anything, select to quarantine. Let me know how this goes, and we'll continue if you still have problems.

PS - never pay to have your computer repaired by a couple guys when you can have a large group of congregating nerds online at your disposable, for free.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/57552-problem-accessing-some-web-sites.html