Windows Support Forum

Gateway laptop stuck at XP title screen

Q: Gateway laptop stuck at XP title screen

I am trying to fix a gateway laptop that keeps getting stuck at the xp title screen. I did a restore that saves the data files and it went through the entire process only to be stuck at the xp title screen again. Was hoping to be able to save some of the old data files but thats not looking too likely. This is a last ditch effort before I have to do a reformat of the drive and load it all up again. Hoping for any suggestions that could be a work around.

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Gateway laptop stuck at XP title screen

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Gateway laptop stuck at XP title screen

Without more information we are kind of shooting in the dark.

And I may not be the one to carry you through to solution...
(I only have limited exposure to Win7 so far.)

Based on experience with other OS...
Could be Hardware (HD most likely, though Ram is not impossible)
Have you tried HD diagnostics? WD offers a diagnostic program for their drives.
We regularly have referred people to Memtest for Ram testing... not sure of use with Win7.
There may be other utils if Memtest is not compatible.

Both Memtest and WD's drive util run outside of Windows, so boot failure is not a problem.

Another way this kind of problem can result (with XP for example) is with driver conflicts, or with application conflicts, including security software. (For example, a firewall might cause a hang at boot, but the next reboot, no problem... your problem sounds different; but without more information it is hard to tell.)

Again... I am not familiar enough with Win7... someone with Win7 experience will need to weigh in.

A Product like Apricorn will help you rescue your data, so that if you need to to a system restore, you will not have lost your data.

Another possible option is to boot to "Safe Mode"; if you can, then this will help resolve the driver or application conflict causing the problem.

See here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Start-your-computer-in-safe-mode

I hope this gives you a start.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-laptop-stuck-at-xp-title-screen.152168/
Relevancy 81.27%

I was using my laptop yesterday when I went to lock my account. When I did this, the laptop presumed to shut off. It now boots up fine, but I cannot pass the Welcome Screen to login. Any help would be greatly appreciates. Thanks.

A:Windows 8 Gateway Laptop stuck at Welcome Screen

Are you using either a local or online profile?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/37676-windows-8-gateway-laptop-stuck-welcome-screen.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello My fathers Gateway laptop Windows Vista bit Model number MD u has recently encountered a problem When you press the power button the Gateway start screen pops up the one with F for BIOS F for Boot Menu in the corner the screen then has a blinking underscore in the left corner the screen goes black then returns to the get at into 64bit get stuck list Gateway Vista Mode Bios, Safe Screen, to can't screen can Gateway start screen and continues to repeat the cycle There are no beeps I can load the computer into BIOS but I haven t really messed with the settings there as I m afraid of wrecking things further I can load it to the Boot Menu and a dialog box with the options CDROM DVD Main Hard Drive Boot to LAN and Enter Setup pops up with the Phoenix Secure Core BIOS ver etc popping up for a second before the dialog box pops up I ve tried to boot the Main Hard Drive to no avail - it just starts the cycle over again I ve pressed all the Vista 64bit stuck at Gateway Screen, can get into Bios, can't get to Safe Mode screen list function keys in hopes to find the menu to boot it to safe mode I Vista 64bit stuck at Gateway Screen, can get into Bios, can't get to Safe Mode screen list know it usually F but figured his computer might be different but the buttons just beep As to how it got this way He left it on hibernate last night and when he tried to turn it on this morning this is what he encountered We figure it might has something to do with Windows Automatic Updates Some history about the sad state of his compter His laptop battery will not hold a charge it works off A C power His CD DVD ROM is dead near dead We ve bought him an external CD DVD drive that hooks into his USB port Sometimes if his external CD DVD drive is plugged in his computer won t start up correctly and needs to be fixed through Safe Mode that very well might be because his BIOS Boot order is CDROM DVD USB Floppy drive Main Hard Drive USB Storage stick USB Hard drive Boot to LAN His computer has needed to be System Restored through Safe Mode recently after he got up to use the restroom when watching a movie on his computer using the external CD DVD ROM at around am and when he got back his computer was off He turned it on and the Gateway screen would pop up and then the screen would stay black That time I could get it into Safe Mode this time it just cycles through the Gateway start screen black screen and back again I have a feeling this problem might have something with windows updates because last night my sister s computer HP Laptop Vista bit started itself up out of hibernation mode at am presumably for updates And I ve seen my father s computer start up out of hibernation mode at am before it scared the crap outta me and the timing before when he was watching the movie seems to fit I ve researched the problem somewhat and have seen that it might possibly be a hardware problem ie PCU Motherboard or RAM I ve tried to start his computer without his battery as well as with and without his external CD DVD drive hooked up Anyone have any ideas to fix this Thanks in advance

A:Vista 64bit stuck at Gateway Screen, can get into Bios, can't get to Safe Mode screen list

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/repair-windows-with-windows-startup-repair/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/468470/vista-64bit-stuck-at-gateway-screen-can-get-into-bios-cant-get-to-safe-mode-screen-list/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have a Gateway m6750. When the problem first started it would repeat 8"s in any writable space you put the cursor on. Later it started beeping repeatedly for a minute or more when you started the computer up. It wasn't beeping a code. I changed the memory removed the hard drive and keyboard with no change. It will even write 8's in the time and date space in the bios when you can get to it. I was wondering if this might be a short in the MB ? Or does anyone have another idea?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/596919/gateway-laptop-number-stuck/
Relevancy 65.36%

Yesterday I shut my laptop down because it needed to install updates and since it was late I figured I'd just turn it back on in the morning Now it gets to the quot Configuring Updates Stage of - quot screen and just sits there spinning the HDD for a while Gateway laptop loop boot stuck in following update and shuts down I tried the Gateway laptop stuck in boot loop following update safe modes and last known good config options From what I understand I need to boot the thing from a Vista install disc and repair the installation - but that's the catch since I got this laptop by repairing it for a friend I don't have any of the media that came with it nor would it have come with a Vista install disc I do still have the key for Vista attached to the bottom of the laptop case How can I repair the Vista installation preferably without losing my data or at least giving me time to offload some of my work Gateway MT Vista SP

A:Gateway laptop stuck in boot loop following update

I would suggest contacting Gateway, requesting Recovery Media CD from them - might cost a few $, but you'd be able to repair the laptop to factory specs.
While waiting for the CD from Gateway, you might be able to recover any data from the disc by connecting it to a HDD dock, and copying files onto another computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/316957/gateway-laptop-stuck-in-boot-loop-following-update/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi-
I have a Gateway laptop running Win8. Just yesterday upon booting up, received a message below Gateway logo that it is Preparing Automatic Recovery. After this a dark blue screen and it seems to reboot and repeat.

From reading other users' dealings with this issue, I've read that the HDD might be going bad or already bad.

I've been able to click F2 repeatedly to get to the InsydeH20 Setup Utility screen, but am not sure what (if anything) should be done from here.

Also, if my HDD is bad, is it possible to recover any information off of it? I have a ton of pictures on it that will devastate my wife if they are gone forever

Any help offered is such appreciated. I am hoping someone knows what I can do from the Setup Utility screen

A:Gateway laptop - stuck on Preparing Automatic Recovery

No ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-laptop-stuck-on-preparing-automatic-recovery.1134624/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a 2 year old Gateway laptop which, I understand, was actually made by Acer under license.

All of a sudden a vertical line appears midway in the screen display. Sometimes it is a red line, sometimes a white line.

Does anyone have any idea why this occurs? Is this a sign of the "kiss of death" for my laptop display, to follow? Does this mean the "end is near" for the screen?
44 Guy

A:Gateway Laptop Screen-new vertical line half screen

Same problem in Safe Mode?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/299084/gateway-laptop-screen-new-vertical-line-half-screen/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a gateway laptop model number: 450sx4, When on boot the screen goes white but there is nothing desplayed, but when it is plugged in to an external monitor it works. Does this mean the screen is bad?

A:Gateway Laptop screen going bad?

Anything's possible with a Gateway

Sorry couldn't pass up that opportunity.

That would be an unusual hardware failure for an LCD screen. Generally the problem is backlight failure, causing a BLACK screen.

Does your Monitor and Video Card show up properly in Device Mgr?

The fact that you get a display on an externally connected monitor means the card is working.

Is that monitor a CRT or LCD?

Have you screwed around with the Monitor Settings, eg, resolution, refresh, etc?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-laptop-screen-going-bad.380033/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have a gateway Laptop VE with inch screen It works great exepted that the LCD screen became suddently very dark very faint image barely visible I was told it could be the back light or more likely the LCD inverter I bought one on Ebay that was said to work great tested amp pulled from a very bright inch screen same laptop model mine is a inch That did not work with mine even worst I screen dark gateway very with LCD Laptop was unable to see any faint image when plugging an external display on the laptop it is working fine I decided to buy a complete screen not to take anymore chances I bought one that was tested working great complete with hinges inches from gateway I just had to plug the brown rubban in and I beleive I did it correcly same as previously the new screen is dark with a very faint image I can recognize a very dark gateway logo and then the windows Logo upon booting after that too dark to read anything External display still working fine but too big to carry the laptop gateway Laptop with very dark LCD screen itself is working gateway Laptop with very dark LCD screen perfectly My batery is dead but present the laptop is plugged directly onto the power converter so the battery is not at fault gateway Laptop with very dark LCD screen here I am really puzzled Any idea what it could be I suspect now my original screen may be good after all Now that I recall few months ago I experienced the same problem but it came back to life by pressing some buttons I could not recall what or why I do not think pressing a button would change anything even If I tryed again with no result I do not see why a button would switch off the screen almost totally I beleive that was a warning that something was getting weak Any help will be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

DARK Screen
My screen is almost to dark to read when I plug it in. When it is on battery the screen is almost OK. In the past when it was on battery the screen was dimmer that in regular power.

What causes this kind of problem?

A:Gateway Laptop Screen Problem

Hi art201, and welcome to TSG.

Assuming you are running some recent version of Windows, have you checked the screen brightness settings in the Windows Power Options control panel? The "On AC Power" brightness may have somehow been set to a very low level.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-laptop-screen-problem.774887/
Relevancy 58.48%

HI all
I am hopeing you can solve a problem.
i have a screen from a gateway solo laptop i would like to adapt it so i could plug the screen in to the monitor socket of any computer and it would work.
The plan is for it to built into the lid of a tour case as having a small light portable screen would be very usefull for my job .
thanks for looking
Mark W-E

A:gateway laptop tft screen as a monitor

Not sure if that is possible.....but this will get you back to the top for others to see your post again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-laptop-tft-screen-as-a-monitor.118353/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi im having trouble with my gateway laptop,everytime I boot it up it sounds like it starts but theres no image on the monitor.I tried holding the power button taking off tbe battery etc but still nothing,I plugged it in another monitor and it did work but i.dont want to.keep using my.laptop on another monitor any ideas of how to fix this.thanks

A:black screen on my gateway laptop

Sounds like your LCD screen burned out and needs to be replaced, if you can use another monitor.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-on-my-gateway-laptop-650213.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I bought this laptop 8/07. It's been back to Gateway and the Geek Squad 3
times and I've reinstalled the operating system myself once. The problem goes away and stays away for a month, maybe 2 if I'm lucky... only to return. The blue screen of death! Apparently there is something with Gateway that isn't compatable with Vista... surprise surprise! My warranty will expire soon and I'll be stuck with a $1200 piece of you know what... does anyone know anything about a problem with Gateways and Vista and how to remedy it? The problem will start by not shutting down all the way. Then it will turn itself on and off all night... sounds a bit spooky, I know. Any help is greatly appreciated.

A:Blue Screen on Gateway Laptop

Hi jekano. . .

Welcome to the Tech Support Forum - Vista Support!

Let's see if some answers can be provided for you prior to that warranty running out. The infamous Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) usually leaves memory dump files behind. Please get them and send them to me and I will take a look at them to see if a probable cause can be determined.

The memory dump files should be located in c:\windows\minidump\ - the dump files will be named similar to "Mini041008-01.dmp". Get them all - regardless of the number.

Two other items that I would like are: (1) A Belarc Advisor report saved in "mht" format (Top right of Internet Explorer screen; Page; Saved as; save as mht), as a web page (html) or as a Word document. You can download Belarc HERE; (2) A DXDiag report - START | type dxdiag into the Start Search box | right-click on dxdiag.exe | select Run as Administrator | respond to User Access Control prompt. Then save this report as a text file. My results will then be posted here in this thread.

Please refer to my PM as to the location to send these files to.

Please be patient as I have other memory dumps to process. Should you have any questions regarding the aforementioned, please POST again or send me a PM.

Regards. . .

JCGriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screen-on-gateway-laptop-238712.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have a Gateway laptop model number 400VTX. Goodness, I must have gotten it early 2000's some time while I was in college. It worked fine up until last year. I was watching a movie on it that I was streaming from the internet. In the middle of the movie the screen went black. I have tried restarting it. When it starts it sounds like it is searching the cd drive for a disk. The lights on the bottom half/keyboard come on. The screen stays black. I am not sure if I need to take it in or if I can fix it myself. Any help you can offer?

Thanks.

A:Gateway laptop black screen

Can you try connecting an external monitor and see if you get video? If you do, the LCD display is the problem (inverter, backlight, LCD panel or cables). If you still get no video, the motherboard may be the cause

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-laptop-black-screen.182309/
Relevancy 58.48%

My gateway laptop turns on and i can see the mouse icon. However the screen is black. Is there anything I can do?

A:Gateway laptop screen is black

Hi and welcome to TSF try shining a flashlight on the screen do you see even a faint image

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/gateway-laptop-screen-is-black-687550.html
Relevancy 57.62%

This seems to be a very unique problem that i can't quite get to the bottom of. There are times where the computer starts, but the screen remains off. Yet, there are other times where the computer starts, the screen starts, well lit, but it stays at a black screen. like a Lit black, not an "Computer is off" black. yeah this is probably really confusing the way its worded but i really cant think of any other way to put it. Anyone got some ideas? I'm quite skilled with computers but have only opened a laptop once, though i am willing to do it.

Thanks in advance!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-laptop-hangs-at-blank-screen.982034/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi I am having trouble with my gateway laptop I keep on getting a black screen when starting,I plugged it in with another monitor and it worked,and it works when I put it in safe mode,and another thing I found out ,I uninstalled the intel graphic driver and it didn't give me black screen and every time I install the graphic driver it gives the black screen,and I know the graphic driver is the right one because I got it from the gateway support.plz help don't have any idea what is the problem ,,and sorry it's mt6278 misspelled it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-on-my-gateway-laptop-mt-6278.1057298/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi my is Dan I have a Gateway Laptop that will Screen boot. Blue not Laptop Get Gateway will not boot and I get a blue screen I have run the FRST Scan tool and the Gateway Laptop will not boot. Get Blue Screen log does show some problems First is under one month modified files and folders it says Attention check for possible partition boot infection C windows svchost exe Also under Bamital and Volsnap check it says TDL custom Attention And also under partitions it says Attention Malware custom entry on BCD on drive Y detected Check for MBR Partition infection I would appreciate any help thanks can result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM at - - Running from G Windows Home Premium X OS Language English US The current controlset is ControlSet Registry Whitelisted HKLM Run RtHDVCpl C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe -s - - Realtek Semiconductor HKLM Run SynTPEnh ProgramFiles Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe - - Synaptics Incorporated HKLM Run Acer ePower Management Gateway Laptop will not boot. Get Blue Screen C Program Files Gateway Gateway Power Management ePowerTray exe - - Acer Incorporated HKLM-x Run BackupManagerTray C Program Files x NewTech Infosystems Gateway MyBackup BackupManagerTray exe -h -k - - NewTech Infosystems Inc HKLM-x Run Norton Online Backup C Program Files x Symantec Norton Online Backup NOBuClient exe - - Symantec Corporation HKLM-x Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run StartCCC C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe MSRun - - Advanced Micro Devices Inc HKLM-x Run LManager C Program Files x Launch Manager LManager exe - - Dritek System Inc HKLM-x Run VideoWebCamera C Program Files x VideoWebCamera VideoWebCamera exe -a - - Suyin HKLM-x Run Conime windir system conime exe x HKLM-x Run ReminderApp C Program Files x Nova Development Greeting Card Factory Photo Card Maker ReminderApp exe - - HKLM-x Run Adobe ARM C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKU Default RunOnce ScrSav C Program Files x Gateway Screensaver run Gateway exe default - - HKU Default User RunOnce ScrSav C Program Files x Gateway Screensaver run Gateway exe default - - HKLM RunOnce Restore C Windows system rstrui exe RUNONCE - - Microsoft Corporation Tcpip Parameters DhcpNameServer Services Whitelisted Kodak AiO Status Monitor Service C Program Files x Kodak AiO StatusMonitor EKPrinterSDK exe - - Eastman Kodak Company MBAMScheduler C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe - - Malwarebytes Corporation MBAMService C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamservice exe - - Malwarebytes Corporation NIS C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe s NIS m C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine diMaster dll prefetch - - Symantec Corporation NOBU C Program Files x Symantec Norton Online Backup NOBuAgent exe SERVICE - - Symantec Corporation Norton PC Checkup Application Launcher C Program Files x Norton PC Checkup SymcPCCULaunchSvc exe s - - Symantec Corporation PCCUJobMgr C Program Files x Norton PC Checkup Engine ccSvcHst exe s PCCUJobMgr m C Program Files x Norton PC Checkup Engine diMaster dll prefetch - - Symantec Corporation Web Assistant Updater C Program Files Web Assistant ExtensionUpdaterService exe - - Drivers Whitelisted BHDrvx C ProgramData Norton C C - F D- F -AAA - EF E NIS Definitions BASHDefs c f BHDrvx sys - - Symantec Corporation eeCtrl C Program Files x Common Files Symantec Shared EENGINE eeCtrl sys - - Symantec Corporation EraserUtilDrv C Program Files x Common Files Symantec Shared EENGINE EraserUtilDrv sys - - Symantec Corporation EraserUtilRebootDrv C Program Files x Common Files Symantec Shared EENGINE EraserUtilRebootDrv sys - - Symantec Corporation IDSVia C ProgramData Norton C C - F D- F -AAA - EF E NIS Definitions IPSDefs d c IDSvia sys - - Symantec Corporation MBAMProte... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/491775/gateway-laptop-will-not-boot-get-blue-screen/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi My Gateway laptop will not boot and I have run the FRST scan tool In the log under one month modified files and folders it says Attention check for possible partition boot infection C windows svchost exe Also under Bamital and Volsnap check its says TDL custom ATTENTION Also under Partitions its says ATTENTION Malware custom entry on BCD on drive Y detected Check blue will screen not Gateway boot Get Laptop for MBR Partition infection Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool Gateway Laptop will not boot Get blue screen FRST x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM at - - Running from G Windows Home Premium X OS Language English US The current controlset is ControlSet Registry Whitelisted HKLM Run RtHDVCpl C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe -s - - Realtek Semiconductor HKLM Run SynTPEnh ProgramFiles Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe - - Synaptics Incorporated HKLM Run Acer ePower Management C Program Files Gateway Gateway Power Management ePowerTray exe - - Acer Incorporated HKLM-x Run BackupManagerTray quot Gateway Laptop will not boot Get blue screen C Program Files x NewTech Infosystems Gateway MyBackup BackupManagerTray exe quot -h -k - - NewTech Infosystems Inc HKLM-x Run Norton Online Backup C Program Files x Symantec Norton Online Backup NOBuClient exe - - Symantec Corporation HKLM-x Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run StartCCC quot C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Gateway Laptop will not boot Get blue screen Core-Static CLIStart exe quot MSRun - - Advanced Micro Devices Inc HKLM-x Run LManager C Program Files x Launch Manager LManager exe - - Dritek System Inc HKLM-x Run VideoWebCamera quot C Program Files x VideoWebCamera VideoWebCamera exe quot -a - - Suyin HKLM-x Run Conime windir system conime exe x HKLM-x Run ReminderApp C Program Files x Nova Development Greeting Card Factory Photo Card Maker ReminderApp exe - - HKLM-x Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKU Default RunOnce ScrSav C Program Files x Gateway Screensaver run Gateway exe default - - HKU Default User RunOnce ScrSav C Program Files x Gateway Screensaver run Gateway exe default - - HKLM RunOnce Restore C Windows system rstrui exe RUNONCE - - Microsoft Corporation Tcpip Parameters DhcpNameServer Services Whitelisted Kodak AiO Status Monitor Service quot C Program Files x Kodak AiO StatusMonitor EKPrinterSDK exe quot - - Eastman Kodak Company MBAMScheduler quot C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe quot - - Malwarebytes Corporation MBAMService quot C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe quot - - Malwarebytes Corporation NIS quot C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe quot s quot NIS quot m quot C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine diMaster dll quot prefetch - - Symantec Corporation NOBU quot C Program Files x Symantec Norton Online Backup NOBuAgent exe quot SERVICE - - Symantec Corporation Norton PC Checkup Application Launcher C Program Files x Norton PC Checkup SymcPCCULaunchSvc exe s - - Symantec Corporation PCCUJobMgr quot C Program Files x Norton PC Checkup Engine ccSvcHst exe quot s quot PCCUJobMgr quot m quot C Program Files x Norton PC Checkup Engine diMaster dll quot prefetch - - Symantec Corporation Web Assistant Updater C Program Files Web Assistant ExtensionUpdaterService exe - - Drivers Whitelisted BHDrvx C ProgramData Norton C C - F D- F -AAA - EF E NIS Definitions BASHDefs c f BHDrvx sys - - Symantec Corporation eeCtrl C Program Files x Common Files Symantec Shared EENGINE eeCtrl sys - - Symantec Corporation EraserUtilDrv C Program Files x Common Files Symantec Shared EENGINE EraserUtilDrv sys - - Symantec Corporation EraserUtilRebootDrv C Program Files x Common Files Symantec Shared EENGINE EraserUtilRebootDrv sys - - Symantec Corporation IDSVia C ProgramData Norton C C - F D- F -AAA -... Read more

A:Gateway Laptop will not boot Get blue screen

Hi and welcome to TSG.

Download the enclosed file.

Save it next to FRST.

Run FRST as you did before, except that this time around click on the Fix Button and wait.

The tool will make a log in the flashdrive (Fixlog.txt) please post it in your next reply.

Attempt to boot in Normal Mode and let me know the outcome.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-laptop-will-not-boot-get-blue-screen.1096183/
Relevancy 57.62%

The screen on my four year old Gateway laptop suddenly goes dark and/or very faint. Sometimes after just a few minutes, sometimes after several days (of non-continuous use, powered off each evening). The screen comes back to normal brighness after I close and re-open the cover. Any idea what might be causing this? (And is it something I can fix myself?)

FYI -- I have not changed any of the power settings, so it's not that.

A:Gateway laptop, screen goes dark intermittently

Its likely your LCD Inverter, which would require replacement. See here for more info: http://www.ehow.com/facts_5004007_what-lcd-inverter.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-laptop-screen-goes-dark-intermittently.902697/
Relevancy 57.62%

My gateway laptop will not let me get past the windows xp welcome screen. It freezes right up and i cant get to the desktop.

A:Gateway laptop freezing on Windows welcome screen

Do you have a factory restore function as you first boot? Press F? for ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-laptop-freezing-on-windows-welcome-screen.174926/
Relevancy 57.62%

I don't know if this is the right section to post in if its not you can move it I was on Facebook when a blue screen of death showed up so i restarted my laptop After i restarted it black on Gateway Laptop when screen has turned went to the screen where it asks if you want to start windows normally or you can choose safe mode i pressed Enter on normal But then it froze there so i restarted again but this time the screen was all black like the monitor was off but it wasn't because on the bottom it had the blue light indicating it was on Also i haven't installed any new hard drives or anything like that So far all i tried was take the battery out and hold the power for - sec Unless i did it wrong because i took out the rechargeable ion battery hold for - sec plugged in the ac adapter turned it on without battery still black screen put in battery turned on but still black screen My Gateway laptop is model W UA Windows Vista Help is much appreciated

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/227886/gateway-laptop-has-black-screen-when-turned-on/
Relevancy 57.62%

My laptop screen night now flickers on and off. I always gotta move my screen around to make it so it wont be dark and i can see what I am doing. I think it might be a lose connection? I don't know. Can someone please help me? Thank you

A:Gateway Laptop screen light flickers on and off

I would blame it on a loose cable however i'm sure there was one series of the Gateway notebooks that had a manufacturing problem with recall? don't quote me on that though.

Without a number of the laptop ie Dell Inspiron 1501 i can give you specific instructions but see if your is in this list here and have a look at the instructions. Some may be similar. If not post back with the model number and we can help you more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-laptop-screen-light-flickers-on-and-off.118169/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi, I have a gateway solo 2500 laptop (12.1'' tft screen)

The thing stopped working 3 yrs ago. Power on, cd spins, hd spins, fan spins.. nothing after that. Wasn't about to pay gateway $400 to fix it. Recently figured it out.. I just needed to reseat the processor. Problem is that in the last 3 years somewhere the screen got cracked so bad that I can only see a small fraction of it, though external monitor is fine.

So I purchased another Gateway Solo 2500 with a 12.1'' tft screen and I want to swap the screens (the other one I bought is a 266mhz MMX processor whereas mine is a celeron 400) so how do I do that.

Has anyone done this? Are there any things I should watch out for, is it super simple or is this something to leave to the pros?

I'm great with desktops, not so experienced with laptops.

thanks... closetgeekla

A:How to replace laptop screen (Gateway 2500)

Are the cases identical ? If they are, then you need to start taking the unit apart until you get down to removing the Lid's hinges. There should be a cable that goes from the MOBO to the display. Unplug it and swap lids.

This is based on my experience disassembling my HP laptop to fix the connection cable, which was being pinched by the hinge.

Of course the other possibility is to swap the newer MOBO and drives into the other case's base unit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-replace-laptop-screen-gateway-2500.284007/
Relevancy 57.19%

Greetings Please could someone help me Recently i had my LCD screen on my 'Toshiba Satellite c - ' replaced because it had become cracked so i got it fixed and now started up my laptop it boots up fine goes past the toshiba inavations screen and then goes to the ''Windows starting'' screen it loads up the windows animation logo and then just stops and freezes on that page if i leave it there i can then hear the computer make the login sounds and it loading up programs the skype sound but the screen is still stuck on the same page its like the starting; on laptop, screen HELP: on screen 'Windows New stuck Gets laptop is still running normaly but the screen is just frozen so i turned it off and then loaded it in 'safemode' it loaded fine and i can use web stuff ect so i wrote this article please if anyone can help me fix my screen freezing problem it would be great Laptop specs bit Windows home premium GB of ram i HELP: New screen on laptop, Gets stuck on 'Windows starting; screen think its HDD but im not sure Thanks in advance if you can help i rearly need it fixed soon Best regards Nathaniel Richards

A:HELP: New screen on laptop, Gets stuck on 'Windows starting; screen

Hello and welcome to the forum Nathanielbot

*Try following the steps in the tutorial below.
Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

Post back what you've done for further suggestions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/246365-help-new-screen-laptop-gets-stuck-windows-starting-screen.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a Gateway MX8738 laptop and I recently installed Windows 7 as an upgrade from Vista. After the install everything was fine for a day until I noticed that ALL PROGRAMS on the Start Menu was empty so I attempted to reboot to see if it would resolve the issue. It then went into a scan/repair mode and attempted to reboot after scanning and now it's stuck in the Black Screen. It never gets to a Windows logo or the login screen, it just freezes. It will boot up to the Windows 7 CD and to the System Recovery Options but none of these options are working. I even attempted to reinstall the 'upgrade' but it won't let me unless I'm in Windows. I DO NOT WANT TO DO A CLEAN INSTALL BECAUSE I HAVE TOO MUCH INFO TO LOSE.

HELP!!!!!

A:Black Screen w/mouse pointer - Gateway Laptop

Use an Ubuntu Live CD to move your important stuff to another location, and then perform a clean install. Your data that was carried over from Vista is in C:\windows.old.

Have you tried accessing the command prompt from your CD? If you can, use the fixboot command. You should always perform a clean install because stability is more important than convienience. Most people will tell you that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/73668-black-screen-w-mouse-pointer-gateway-laptop.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello I ve been working on my son s laptop Gateway W -K X It s running XP Media Center on a bit Athlon processor The current installed ram is gb There were major problem areas- extensive virus infections including rootkits and a very badly fragmented drive When I started on it the unit wouldn t fully boot but simply blue screened and rebooted I have worked with it for about weeks and now it is clean and I have performed updates on the OS The remaining issue is that the computer boots to the login screen with startup music and hangs for about secs It then continues to the desktop with only the background icons and taskbar visible It takes an additional minutes for explorer and other taskbar program icons to appear and to have any exporer related functions IE file manager discs etc Once these are running everything works as normal- no Gateway login desktop slow Laptop screen from to crashes halts or system errors I realize all this Gateway Laptop slow from login screen to desktop is fairly generic any logs or system diagnostics you need I will supply if you Gateway Laptop slow from login screen to desktop instruct me as to what you might need Thanks in Gateway Laptop slow from login screen to desktop advance Paul nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

The other day, my laptop decided not to boot. I turned it on in the morning as usual, and the screen turned black, after the Gateway logo appeared. The screen is still on, can tell by the back light. It just wont go past that to the windows password screen.

After 10 minutes or so, the windows checking for errors screen appears. It checks etc.. so I let it go, 14 hours later its still checking for system errors..

Whats your suggestions??

Laptop is Model NV53 running windows 7.

A:Screen turns black after Gateway logo on my laptop

If Check Disk is still running 14 hours later, then your HDD has too many bad sectors for it to fix. Let it finish, if it says there was an error, or it never finishes, then you will need to get a new HDD. You can test this theory by downloading the ISO image for Drive Fitness in my signature, burn the image to CD using IMGBurn also in my signature and boot the troubled computer with the newly created CD and run the Short and Extended tests. If either fails, you need a new HDD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/screen-turns-black-after-gateway-logo-on-my-laptop-608714.html
Relevancy 57.19%

While using my Gateway laptop it will frequently fade white and freeze. This problem is sporadic at times and constant other times. I cannot figure out a pattern to the problem. I am unclear whether this is a software or harware problem. All I really know is that it is really annoying. I am wondering if anyone out there could help me diagnose this problem. Sometimes, faded white lines appear on the screen and become more intense, depending on the amount of time it is frozen. The problem can last anywhere from a second to almost a minute. When it fades you can still see the the monitor picture kind of, but like I said it is blurred. Someone please help!

A:Gateway Laptop Screen Fades Out To White And Freezes

Have you plugged in an external monitor to see if it happens then?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/33746/gateway-laptop-screen-fades-out-to-white-and-freezes/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a Gateway Laptop MT6728 running Windows XP. I got the blue screen one day and then after that attempted to reboot. What happens is after I get the Gateway Bios/Boot Menu Splash screen the screen goes black. I can't boot from the drive it just spins and then shuts down. I can press F2 and get into the Setup Utility and I have changed the boot settings to CD but still disk just spins in drive for a few seconds then stops.

I have reseated Ram, Taken out one stick of Ram and attemped to boot with only 1 stick.
I have reseated the CMOS.
I have reseated the Hard Drive.
In the Startup it states: No TPM or TPM has problem. ( Don't know if that is an issue.)
I have Bios Version 93.09

I have read other posts of users with the same problem, but have not found a fix, if there is one. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-laptop-goes-black-after-bios-splash-screen.949070/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi,
I just reinstalled all of my software about a week ago after I contracted a virus - malwarebytes removed the virus and I went ahead and reformatted. Today, I had Word and Firefox open, and my computer went blue with words and data all over and then shut down. My Report is:
Product
Windows

Problem
Shut down unexpectedly

Date
1/27/2010 5:39 PM

Status
Not Reported

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Files that help describe the problem
Mini012710-01.dmp
sysdata.xml
Version.txt

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: d1
BCP1: 0000000000000040
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFFA60011213CB
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 768_1

Please help me understand what happened.
Thanks in advance.

A:Blue Screen Crash on Vista Gateway Laptop

Did it happen just once?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/291118/blue-screen-crash-on-vista-gateway-laptop/
Relevancy 57.19%

got my brand new gateway fx 7807u. been toying around with it since yesterday. only got around to installing a few necessities; aim,firefox,itunes...
today about 5 minutes after i reebooted i bluescreened, and after another reboot bluescreened yet again. More prepaired this time I ran a pandasecurity scan (Panda Global Protection 09) revealing I had already been infected with 10 "generic trojan"s (path: C:\ACER\Preload\Autorun\APP\PowerDVD\data1.cab[...]).After reading PowerDVD might b behind it I rushed to remove the alleged offending program. PowerDVD's uninstallation seemed to have helped because i haven't bluescreened :D.

i think i accidentally allowed an unrecognized program to run

I have followed the "first-steps". the first scan wont work on vista and the second turned no results. Seeing as its a brandnew computer, i would greatly appriciate it being virus free for at-least a full 24 hours :PP

Thanks,
Carter

A:got new gateway laptop yesterday, blue screen twice today

Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/got-new-gateway-laptop-yesterday-blue-screen-twice-today-409073.html
Relevancy 56.76%

i'm not too sure what happened.......

i was running dvd shrink, and as it was ending when it got to 0,my computer shut down and began to reboot........then it is stuck at the initial gateway screen

it has on there to pressthe f2or f10 buttons for the meenus, but my keyboard is not "on" yet when it gets stuck.

i have tried to reboot several times, but the same thing every time.

i don't know how dvd shrink could have done something, cause what i was saving was going to an external hard drive, but then again, what do i know......that is why i am here.

thanks for any help.....i am desperate here!!!!

jennifer

A:Stuck on "gateway screen" HELP!

Hi, Jennifer,

Can you, by pressing F8 over and over, boot the system into Safe Mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-on-gateway-screen-help.671136/
Relevancy 56.33%

I recently installed Laptop corrupt Key Gateway Display FN Screen in Windows 7 Solved: On Windows Solved: Gateway Laptop FN Key On Screen Display corrupt in Windows 7 on Solved: Gateway Laptop FN Key On Screen Display corrupt in Windows 7 My Gateway M Convertable laptop I have successfully installed all drivers and Windows runs great However one problem remains when using the FN keys to increase decrease brightness the blue box that normally pops up in the top left corner and displays white bars for the current level of brightness now shows as a white box with black speckles In other words the On Screen Display is corrupt I spent a number of days hours trying to fix this issue to no avail until now and want to share it with everyone else that has this problem with a Gateway Laptop The solution lies with the Video Driver Install fresh Windows -bit that was released in Do not install the SP edition I have confirmed this solution does not work with SP After install complete and before installing any drivers or updates you need to download the Vista -bit Intel driver from the Gateway support website VGA Intel Vistax Extract the files and right click the setup exe and make it Vista compatible and run as Administrator Run the setup exe to start the installation Confirm replacement with older driver You will likely get a Blue Screen and the computer will restart - This is OK Start Windows normally when prompted and cancel the Windows error message when windows starts again The Function Keys will now work Whatever you do DO NOT let Windows update install a Newer Intel Chipset driver or your problem will return Also I don t recommend Windows SP it may also cause the issue to return nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-gateway-laptop-fn-key-on-screen-display-corrupt-in-windows-7.1021206/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a Gateway NV 52 laptop running Windows 7. Occasionally when it boots, it will stay at a blank screen (Not black and off, it receives power and the video functions fully). A lot of the time it will not pass this blank screen and i have to restart. After i restart everything functions as it should. It seems to be getting more and more often that this screen is showing up. Any ideas?

A:Gateway laptop hangs at blank screen [moved from Vista/7]

I suggest starting all troubleshooting with the following diagnostic tests. They'll save you a lot of time and heartache if there is a hardware failure, and you'll have the disks on hand in case you need them in the future:

Quote:

H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
HD Diagnostic (read the details at the link)

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Free Online AntiMalware Scanners (read the details at the link)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/gateway-laptop-hangs-at-blank-screen-moved-from-vista-7-a-548827.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello everyone I used to fix friends computers probono back in the day with the help of this site but amazingly this is Blue Screen Solved: and error Laptop, issues... .dll Gateway my first time posting It has been so long since I really fixed something this rough that I ve forgotten everything I learned from reading posts on this forum Anyway any help you could give would be most appreciated I ran Qoofix and tried to run other spyware helpers but the latter were encountering problems Specifically NEWDOT dll w c dll and w c dll errors pop up on startup The blue screen of death flashes on and off too quickly to write down or see what the error is Here s the HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot Solved: Gateway Laptop, Blue Screen and .dll error issues... mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXE C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exe C Program Files Common Files Network Associates TalkBack tbmon exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C windows system oldsregq exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Google Google Updater GoogleUpdater exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Sony Sony Picture Utility VolumeWatcher SPUVolumeWatcher exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exe C Program Files ewido anti-spyware guard exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan mcshield exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan vstskmgr exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system owinmpdn exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Google Google Updater GoogleUpdater exe C PROGRA Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsGui exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - EFB -CC - B - AE -C E AD C - C Program Files Common Files howe dll file missing O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - HKLM Run ShStatEXE quot C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXE quot STANDALONE O - HKLM Run McAfeeUpdaterUI quot C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exe quot StartedFromRunKey O - HKLM Run Network Associates Error Reporting Service quot C Program Files Common Files Network Associates TalkBack tbmon exe quot O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run D... Read more

A:Solved: Gateway Laptop, Blue Screen and .dll error issues...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-gateway-laptop-blue-screen-and-dll-error-issues.702491/
Relevancy 56.33%

i have a gateway laptop model W350a T-Series. the problem is, when i turn it on.. nothing goes on to the screen.. the power works, fan works, but nothing goes out on the screen.. only black screen and no beep.. would appreciate much if you can help me out on how to fix it..

A:how to fix black screen gateway laptop model w350a t-series

If you never ever see anything whatsoever on the screen it is a hardware fault.Assuming the above and if the computer sounds as if it is booting up normally then it could be:The connectors at either end of the cable between the mother board and the screen, the cable, or even the screen itself.With the computer booted up try moving the lid back and forth slowly. If you suddenly get a glimpse of a picture then it is most likely cable failure at the hinge, or maybe connectors loose.If you see anything but black on the screen during bootup then this could be a different matter.EDIT: Tidied up wording.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanksmessage edited by Derek

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/how-to-fix-black-screen-gateway-laptop-model-w350a-tseries/13847.html
Relevancy 56.33%

days ago I attempted a system restore on my Laptop SCREEN p.s. GEEK - Gateway Vista SQUAD BLUE NOTHING knows Gateway MT notebook The desktop icons and taskbar would disappear midway through a computing session so I thought a restore would be the perfect solution The Vista Gateway Laptop BLUE SCREEN - p.s. GEEK SQUAD knows NOTHING first restore was successful However the problem persisted so I restored to yet an earlier time After automatically restarting the computer I received a blue screen after the windows loading screen This was no good I then tried to reboot again only to receive the same blue screen I tried Vista Gateway Laptop BLUE SCREEN - p.s. GEEK SQUAD knows NOTHING running in safe mode safe mode with networking safe mode with command prompt and continually received the blue screen after every attempt With my notebook purchase on March from Best Buy two disks were included One was a system restore disk and the other was an operating system disk that would reformat my hard drive and re-install the OS Naturally I tried the system restore disk first Then the OS disk Both disks produced no result quot Loading files quot appeared then a blank screen followed for both disks Remembering that I had less than a month left on the manufacturer s warranty as well as a -year accidental warranty a took my computer to Best Buy s Geek Squad who assured me they would diagnose my computer and have results in about two days They also said that it would not be covered under warranty if it was a software problem That was Monday Wednesday night I call to check on the status and they tell me the computer is running a diagnostic overnight I periodically call over the next days and Friday an agent told me the diagnostic test can t complete that it freezes and they have to run an advance test Friday night a clueless Geek Squad employee leaves a message on my machine saying quot just letting you know every time we try to boot into our program diagnostics it goes to blue screen So what we can offer here at Geek Squad is uhh if it isn t like a bad umm like hard drive or anything that you would have to replace what we can offer here is a backup and a restore A back up would be to save any personal files that you would want have us save Other than that I mean it s really what it is We can offer two backups A backup would be for gigs or less and for you can backup an infinite amount of space Also the OS restore costs call us back quot Uhh they ve had my computer for SIX days They don t know what the problem is Maybe this is the wrong forum for a quot Geek Squad Sucks quot add-on topic Any ideas pertaining to the computer issues involving my notebook would be great I thought based on some reading I ve done that it could be a boot-sector problem I know an IT guy who said he would try to fix the boot-sector for and if he couldn t I wouldn t owe him anything Do I insist on sending my computer to Gateway nbsp

A:Vista Gateway Laptop BLUE SCREEN - p.s. GEEK SQUAD knows NOTHING

FYI, Geek Squad will lie through their teeth to get more and more money from you. They have already been sued for a considerable amount of money.

Yes, get your laptop back and don't give them a single penny for any work they really haven't done. Send it to Gateway who should have given you at least a 1 year warranty on it. Extend the warranty if you have to.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-gateway-laptop-blue-screen-p-s-geek-squad-knows-nothing.688785/
Relevancy 55.9%

Ok so i was watching youtube videos and all of a suddent my screen freezes and the sound is still playing, i shut it down and when i wanna turn it back on the screen after it loads just turns black, i did everything i can but it wont turn back on, i tried hundreds of times shutting it off and on again but still nothing, Please help someone its important i get it fixed

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-laptop-screen-stuck/td-p/5657330
Relevancy 55.9%
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi when i boot my laptop up it goes so far then sticks on the welcome screen my laptop is Dell 502x it's been stuck on the welcome screen for about 2 hours now

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/630836/laptop-stuck-on-welcome-screen/
Relevancy 55.9%

My laptop is stuck on the logging off screen...nothing is working...even when I turn it off and on again, it comes back on to the same screen.

A:Laptop stuck on log off screen

Try

Manually shut down (hold the power button) the computer (you might have been pushing the Sleep button. If you can't figure it out, just unplug it and let the battery run down.)

Or go to safe mode and do a system restore to before the problem started.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-vista-system-restore-guide/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-stuck-on-log-off-screen.1018741/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have Windows Vista on my computer In the boot menu there were three options on which OS I could use I could either set screen stuck the is at My up laptop choose Earlier Versions of Windows Windows Vista or Windows XP Professional setup In advanced system settings I set Windows Vista My laptop is stuck at the set up screen as my default OS and then checked the box so that it would wait seconds before booting up Now it is automatically booting up to Windows XP setup It starts windows but then stops and I get a message that a sys file could not be found It makes me restart my computer and then it automatically enters into the same setup I can t get out of this loop I tried putting in a recovery disc and having it boot from my CD drive Nothing is working How can I get my computer to boot with Windows Vista instead of the bad setup file I don t care about losing the information on the drive I just want to be able to use my computer Thanks in advance for any advice nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-is-stuck-at-the-set-up-screen.685603/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a new gateway lap top and after trying to install updates it crashed and went to black screen with Gateway logo on it and underneath the logo states "Preparing Automatic Repair" and is frozen there. It is a Windows 8 operating system. Help please. Now it states "Scanning and Repairing drive (C):1%complete. and just stuck there............................

A:gateway laptop screen froze reads Preparing Automatic Repair

run the hard drive makers diagnostic utility on the h/drive

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-laptop-screen-froze-reads-preparing-automatic-repair.1113185/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey I'm new to this forum I just joined freezing screen. NoteBook NV53A black clean to Wiped Laptop GateWay so I could be able to post about an issue I'm having with my notebook laptop I completely wiped the computer clean and back to factory settings and had malware test scan the whole computer and everything is clean The laptop startsup into OS and can stay on for a good mins without freezing if left alone When the computer does freeze it freezes my screen so nothing is moving including the mouse cursor Sometimes it'll just Wiped clean GateWay NV53A NoteBook Laptop freezing to black screen. go to a black screen but the computers fans and keyboard lights are still on I feel like it could be a ram or hard drive thing only cause I've gotten messages like this one before when just starting up the computer before windows logo even pops up And a random blue screen of death one time but rarely ever that Any ideas on how I could stop the freezing Really need this laptop for school I do have windows installation disc

A:Wiped clean GateWay NV53A NoteBook Laptop freezing to black screen.

Someone please help!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/341364-wiped-clean-gateway-nv53a-notebook-laptop-freezing-black-screen.html
Relevancy 55.47%

When I press the on button the light for power turns on and I can hear the fan spinning Windows is installed Putting my hand on the hard-drive I can feel it spinning as well After several restarts and nothing coming up on the screen I pulled the hard-drive then I turned it on and it said quot no OS found quot Seemed like it was functioning correctly to me I plugged in the hard-drive again and went back to a black screen Took more of the NV53 boot Intermittent Laptop with Black Gateway and screen. without hard-drive. laptop apart pulled the CMOS battery which was around v replaced it and the first time I turned it on it booted I turned it off to put it all back together and after I did that it no longer booted I pulled the HD still no screen pulled the CMOS battery no jumper that can clear it still didn't work with or without the battery Tried several times then I got a screen without the HD inside saying again that quot No OS quot So what the heck can I do now I tried researching online but I couldn't find any good ideas Please help me out thank you

A:Intermittent boot with and without hard-drive. Black screen. Gateway NV53 Laptop

It may be caused by bad RAM. Download the ISO image for Memtest in my signature and burn it to CD using IMGBurn also in my signature, or burn to USB flash drive with Rufus, in my signature or use their burning tool on their web site. Remove all but one stick of RAM. Boot off of the newly created media and do the tests on each stick of RAM separately for at least 7 passes. If you get any errors, red in the bottom half of the window, that stick is bad and needs to be replaced.
You can also remove the HDD and attach it internally to a desktop computer, or via a USB Adapter or put it into a USB dock or enclosure to backup the files and run Diagnostic tests on the HDD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/intermittent-boot-with-and-without-hard-drive-black-screen-gateway-nv53-laptop-993010.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey, I'm having a problem with my hp laptop, I bought it 1 year ago, it asked me to download updates, restarted it and now it dosen't boot up.It shows a hp logo at middle and start up menu Esc at the bottom left. After 30 seconds, it restarts and the same thing occurs again. My model is Hp EliteBook 8470p. I tried hard reset, cleaning the fans, but to no avail. Need help!

A:Hp laptop stuck at hp logo screen.

Hi ,,       Can you get into safe mode of any description ? On start up keep tapping f8 till the Advanced boot options page opens  . Next using arrow keys move down to safe mode with command prompt and hit enter . When command prompt opens type   rstrui.exe  and hit enter . This will take you to System Restore choose the restore point that was created BEFORE you did the updates and let it load . This should take you back to a usable state , When you are prompted to do the updates again try installing them individualy rather than all at the same time . This way you can pinpoint the offending update that is causing the issue . Let me know how you get on    Checkurtech

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hp-laptop-stuck-at-hp-logo-screen/td-p/3339307
Relevancy 55.47%

UPDATE: I fixed all of that. I'm way past that point - will leave this unsolved in case I have more probs tonight.

new machines scare me.

I tried to restore my laptop, not knowing what I was doing. I got to the screen that affects where it looks when it boots, so it would recognize my disk. got that to work...

but then, I realized I had the wrong disk in, so I took it out.

Now, I'm stuck at "bad command or file name" and I need to know how to get the heck out of this and start over. Rebooting my machine takes me right back to this place.

A:Laptop Stuck on black screen.

Put the right disk in and reboot.you may have to press a key like "del"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-stuck-on-black-screen.400734/
Relevancy 55.47%

Greetings !

Win 7 home edition, Laptop. Few days back on bootup stuck on welcome screen. Then reboot- repair ie restore and booted ok. Samething today , no luck still stuck.

Any help ?

Relevancy 55.47%

Hello, I have a Levona G570 laptop. Windows is getting stuck on the welcome screen and also when I try booting in safe mode all I get is the safe mode in all 4 corners with a black screen, i can see the cursor also.
I tried doing a startup repair and the first couple times I tried would just keep going for over 5-6 hours, finally it did it again and gave me this error message along with it saying something along the lines of "Windows cannot automattically fix this"

Problem Signature

Problem Event Name" Startup Repair Offline

Problem Signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385

Problem Sig. 02: 6.1.7600.16385

Problem Sig. 03: Unknown

Problem Sig. 04: -1

Problem Sig. 05: System Disk

Problem Sig. 06: 1

Problem Sig. 07: No OS Installed

OS version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Local ID: 1033

Computer was working fine yesterday, shut it down then this happened out of nowhere? Laptop did not come with any Install Disc at all. Thanks for any help.

A:Laptop is getting stuck on windows welcome screen..

Welcome aboard, Gene
First, boot into Advanced Boot Options , and try "Last Known Good Configuration (Advanced)" let us know it it worked.

Do you have a Repair disk, or installer disk ? How have you run the startup repair ? Automatic startup repair cannot recover it sometimes .

If not, download repair disk for your appropriate bits (32 bit or 64 bit)from the link specified in the first post of the thread Win7 Repair Disk Download , Burn the downloaded .iso file to a blank CD, boot from the CD, and run Startup Repair , at least three times, with restarts after each single run. ( Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times).

Let us know it it is not booting still now.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/213139-laptop-getting-stuck-windows-welcome-screen.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Not sure if this comes under Operating System.

When uninstalling a program I was prompted to restart my laptop. I did so, but when I turned on my computer was left on a black screen with a White "_" cursor in the top left corner. My laptop boots the toshiba screen as normal but then stays on this black screen (until I manually turn the laptop off)

I've tried taking the power cord and battery out trick where you then press the power on button but this did not do anything. I can enter the BIOS settings (F2) and it shows my hard drive is connected. (MK1652GSX [S1])
When I try and enter F8 menu it goes back to the black screen.

Really need help (reformatting is not an option). My laptop is Toshiba L300, OS windows vista 32 bit

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-is-stuck-on-a-black-screen-help.968886/
Relevancy 55.47%

I turn my laptop on and I get the normal screen with the HP logo and the loading circle, but it doesn't continue on from there. It just seems like it is endlessly trying to boot the system. I have the laptop set to go to sleep after 20 minutes of inactivity, which it did before I started having this problem. I wasn't around when the laptop went to sleep to notice if anything strange happened. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Model number is 1y1y0y, in case that helps.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-stuck-on-startup-screen/td-p/5647952
Relevancy 55.47%

Greetings It's a long story of a format gone very wrong so I'll try to keep it short I hope you guys can help me nbsp years ago I bought a HP nbsp pavilion nbsp dv - e Win vista -bit everything was ok later I upgraded to Win -bit and everything was ok as well later I decided to format the laptop to clean things up and make it faster again I did this with the Win DvD I formatted the C drive but kept the Recovery drive for obvious reasons At first things appeared ok until I noticed that the FN f f button to adjust brightness wasn't working then I noticed that my laptop was telling me that my Graphics card only had MB of Ram so I came to the conclusion that the drivers were gone and I need Laptop boot!!(stuck HP won't on screen) to reinstall them nbsp Now I would have downloaded the drivers from HP's site Laptop won't boot!!(stuck on HP screen) but the thing is that my internet is very slow and very limited so I thought what If I use the recovery drive and format back to Vista then upgrade to again that should work and get the drivers back at first I tried to press F upon startup but Laptop won't boot!!(stuck on HP screen) it did nothing that is until I found out I had to set the recovery drive to active via the Manage button I did that and when I pressed F it worked now here is where the troubles begin nbsp I followed the system restore nbsp instructions nbsp and did it but after system restore was done after restart upon Vista installation startup I got an error message saying The system registry contains invalid file paths Installation cannot proceed This system image was applied without nbsp guaranteeing nbsp that drive-letter assignments would match across computers I pressed OK and it restarted the laptop back to the vista installation and I got an error message something like there was an unexpected restart windows will restart again So I thought that maybe if I did the system restore again it would work so upon bootup I pressed F and did the system restore again worked but after when it restarted the HP screen comes and then nothing happens it just stays on the HP Invent logo screen and on the bottom left corner it said nbsp Press the ESC key for startup menu even when I press it nothing happens the laptop makes a beep sound for any key you touch nbsp so that's the story Is there anyway that this can be fixed nbsp Any assistance shall be greatly appreciated

A:Laptop won't boot!!(stuck on HP screen)

Is there anything (ex. USB HDD, Bluetooth Dongle, Mouse, keyboard, etc. ) plugged into the laptop when you're trying to boot it?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Laptop-won-t-boot-stuck-on-HP-screen/td-p/629645
Relevancy 55.47%

When a laptop is starts startup stuck screen? Laptop at you usually would usually see something like the following quot Windows is loading files quot quot Starting Windows quot quot Screen where you log into your computer quot quot Computer Desktop quot However what I saw when I started the computer was the following quot Windows is loading files quot quot Starting Windows quot quot Light grey screen where I can see and move only the Laptop stuck at startup screen? mouse cursor quot and an intermittent low volume cricket noise for lack of better words no change from Someone gave me a free refurbished version Laptop stuck at startup screen? of ASUS U F-RBBAG because it gave the above problem So despite being a noob but not a noob noob at Laptop stuck at startup screen? fixing computers I tried to make a clean install of Windows However the laptop decided that it didn t want to install the software-- clicked on install button and waited hours The laptop just stayed at progress So I was like quot Okay so let s TRY to restore this thing back to factory settings via Recovery Partition quot Although I waited on the Light grey screen for about - minutes I finally got to the screen that I needed Alas although the laptop did quot start quot the recovery process it ended up the same-- progress and did not budge I know that the Windows installation disc was not the problem--I had other installation discs all legit Since the laptop decided to not move from I figured that getting the ASUS restore disc would not help at this point--sure the laptop would recognize it but it wouldn t run off of it I tried running the laptop via command prompt but all I got was a blank screen I tried everything that I could think of from my little bag of tricks but to no avail The following are the specs for the U F-RBBAG Processor GHz Intel Core i M Memory RAM GB DDR Memory RAM Type -Pin DDR SO-DIMM Graphics Coprocessor Intel HD Graphics Wireless Type bgn Wireless LAN Hard Drive GB HDD rpm RPM Optical Drive DVD Super Multi OS Windows Home Premium -bit I don t know specifically what part of the laptop is screwed up and I don t know what part of it to replace to solve this problem Help pretty please It would be awesome if I could use the U F nbsp

A:Laptop stuck at startup screen?

I would suggest you start by testing the hard drive, as follows:

As your PC is not operating you will have to use another PC to make the CD.

Open Internet Explorer and click on this: Seatools

Save the download to your desktop.

In Windows 7 right click the ISO file, select Open With, then select Windows Disc Image Burning Tool then follow the prompts.
For all other versions of windows (if you do not have an ISO burner) download this free software. ImgBurn Install the program and start the application. Select the top left hand option to Write image file to disc and then on the next window click on the small yellow folder icon and browse to the ISO file on your desktop. Then click on the two grey discs with the arrow in between (bottom left) and leave it to complete the operation.

You will need a blank recordable CD or a re-recordable CD. You cannot use this software on a USB flash drive.

When the CD has been burned boot the PC into the Bios setup and set the CD/DVD drive to 1st in the boot sequence. Insert the disk in the drive then reboot and the disc will load into DOS. Click on Basic Tests and select the Long Test.

A full set of instructions can be found here: Seatools instructions

When the test completes it will show a Pass or Fail.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-stuck-at-startup-screen.1088207/
Relevancy 55.47%

My screen has been stuck on Administrator for 2 days. I turn it off and back on and still the same thing. Does anyone know what's going on?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/My-laptop-screen-is-stuck-on-quot-Administrator-quot-what/td-p/5754860
Relevancy 55.47%

So I put my laptop into safe mode and then restarted. When it came on it was stuck on the pink screen. The only buttons displayed are the ease of access button in the lower left corner and the power button (with shutdown & restart options). It will not display the login screen or anything. I am running Windows 8. Please help me!!!

A:HP laptop stuck on pink screen!!!

Do you have a Restore Point from before the problem? If so I'd try that. Also I would turn off all AV shields. They tend to interfere with the operation of the machine.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/45346-hp-laptop-stuck-pink-screen.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi I'm insanely frustrated right now I recently got this on loading stuck the hp is Laptop screen laptop for my birthday on February All I really use it for is watching YouTube doing school work on google docs and Pandora and Netflix In March I had Laptop is stuck on the hp loading screen to completely reset my laptop because everytime I went online a bunch of pop ups would come up So everything was fine after I reset it up until today when I got home from school Last night I got notifications from the hp support thing that I had updates waiting to be installed so I clicked hoping that they would install last night Well I went on my laptop after school today and since then it has been stuck on the hp loading screen I've been home for hours at this point I'm so incredibly pissed off because I got this laptop just over months ago BRAND NEW and this is the second time where it's completely useless And it's not like I'm downloading anything off the Internet or anything like that I literally go online watch YouTube do homework if I need to and that's all I do online So I would love to know what the hell in supposed to do Also automatic repair doesn't do anything

A:Laptop is stuck on the hp loading screen

Liz26 Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!While this PC is still under warranty, you should contact HP Customer Support directly to have them put you in touch with HP Technical Support to see what they can do about diagnosing and repairing your machine remotely.I did this recently and the HP Tech was able to remotely access my PC from the Internet and do the needed repairs.If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.htmlNOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!Good Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks.If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-is-stuck-on-the-hp-loading-screen/td-p/5607419
Relevancy 55.47%
Relevancy 55.47%

k laptop is stuck on this screen. The key I get after entering wrong password 3 times is 67436544. Thanks!

A:k laptop is stuck on this screen. The key I get after enter...

@Mukesh1419? Enter    78594580 Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/k-laptop-is-stuck-on-this-screen-The-key-I-get-after/td-p/5656050
Relevancy 55.47%

hi there
i have a thinkpad R50e with winXP on it.
i configured the power management so that after 20 minutes my screen would shut off, and all the rest of the options are set to "never".

unfirtunately, lots of times, the machine doesn't come back when i move the mouse, or try to press any key, and only powering off and back on helps me

what should i do?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-gets-stuck-after-the-screen-shuts-off.547461/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a dv4-1225ee laptop. I removed my laptop hard drive and attached it to my pc and installed windows xp. Because in my laptop it asked to press a key, when i press any key it didn't detect. I attached the hard drive to my laptop. But the screen is stuck at the hp logo. If I remove the hard drive and switch on the laptop. I get the insert boot disk and press any key screen. I formatted my hard drive and attached it to the laptop again but same result. Please help me.

A:Laptop stuck at hp logo screen

On the Notebook make sure you have a good connection with the HD Drive.

For installing Win XP, you need to install on the Notebook & not on a Desktop.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/185695-laptop-stuck-hp-logo-screen.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Well been at screen Stuck Laptop load on :( this dammed laptop for over hours and i have had enough of it thought i would join a forum to see if someone can help before i launch it out my window I have a Packard Bell easynote that will not go past the boot screen at all the Laptop Stuck on load screen :( only things i can get into are bios Laptop Stuck on load screen :( and quick select for the order of start up I have tried to change the bios to boot up cd-dvd first and tried both recovery and clean installs of windows what happens when i do that is it comes up windows is loading files then microsoft cooperation comes up with the little bar but that is as far as it goes the disk stops spinning and the whole laptop goes quiete i have left it like this for over an hour to no avail My heads spinning with this junk as it was working till weeks ago i do know now that there was a partion in it because when it was working it was coming up to select what windows vista i wanted to run but that never ever seemed to affect it If anyone has any ideas i would be very thankful to try them Thanks people and if there is more info you need let me know

A:Laptop Stuck on load screen :(

If you can get into Safe Mode choose the option with command prompt. Run chkdsk c:/r

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-stuck-on-load-screen-680150.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Typing on phone for obvious reasons read title head-liner Okay so first time signing up to and using this site I've come here because I've grown a bit tired with the constant incomplete update screen What to say to start this screen gets always on laptop HP update stuck problem off Bought this laptop not even like months ago never had these particular problems with previous laptops brands but what happens on this laptop is sometimes it'll just randomly turn off or if I restart the system manually it'll automatically transition to this screen saying 'preparing to configure Windows Don't turn off your computer' And stays on that screen for eternity The initial time this happened it was stuck there for over hours and I knew that wasn't normal so ever since from then on whenever I've encountered this screen at random I've just hard shut-down my computer to save HP laptop always gets stuck on update screen myself hours of getting-nowhere-configuring updating To answer some questions I believe I'm on Windows Don't know if -bit or -bit - never bothered to find out which one exactly and because I don't know the difference truthfully The laptops name is 'HP pentium I don't think this is specific but feel free to ask any specific questions that you wish to know So is this a HP-specific issue a Windows issue or just MY laptops issue I had some side-questions also but for now will postpone them to keep this topic simple Can HP laptop always gets stuck on update screen anyone help with this problem Thanks

A:HP laptop always gets stuck on update screen

Hey there!                      Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I understand that your laptop screen is stuck at preparing to configure Windows. Please try few steps recommended below.Turn off your PC by holding the power button.Turn on your PC and keep tapping F11 key,  Recovery manager window should open select TroubleShooting and from there select Advanced Options.From there, select System Restore to before the last updates were applied.Select an earlier date before updates were initiated. Click next and follow onscreen instructions.If you still have issues try performing system recovery by going to f11.Turn on your PC keep tapping the f11 key.System recovery screen will open.Click Troubleshoot.On the Troubleshoot screen, click System Recovery.Click System Recovery to restore the computer to its original factory shipped condition.If you still have issues with your laptop perform system diagnostics.Turn on your PC keep tapping the f2 key.System diagnostics will open.Run all the tests and check if any hardware devices fail.If all the test passes or if system recovery fails. Order recovery media by contacting HP using the link below.Link to contact HP: http://hp.care/2bkTGBQ Please let me know the outcome.Have a great day!                                                                 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-laptop-always-gets-stuck-on-update-screen/td-p/5761742
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello.

Two days ago, it has started that everytime I turn on my laptop, the stand-by screen comes up (blue screen with my username and the square box that i can normally click on, which in turn directs me to my desktop).

Every time I click on the box, my desktop appears for about half of a second then I am taken right back to the stand-by screen. Essentially, I can't get to my desktop as I am constantly sent back to the stand-by screen.

My computer when turns on seems to go normally, but after the desktop appears (WITHOUT ANY ICONS), I am almost immediately taken into the stand-by screen, in which I am unable to effectively get out of.

This all sounds like a virus. Is there anything I can do to ameliorate this particular problem?

Thank you for your time.

A:Laptop Stuck On Stand-by Screen

1) Does the issue occurs in safe mode ?
2) What happen if you log on the system with a different user account part of the adm group?
3) You can boot to safe mode with Networking and do a virus scan online

FtLMiA said:

Hello.

Two days ago, it has started that everytime I turn on my laptop, the stand-by screen comes up (blue screen with my username and the square box that i can normally click on, which in turn directs me to my desktop).

Every time I click on the box, my desktop appears for about half of a second then I am taken right back to the stand-by screen. Essentially, I can't get to my desktop as I am constantly sent back to the stand-by screen.

My computer when turns on seems to go normally, but after the desktop appears (WITHOUT ANY ICONS), I am almost immediately taken into the stand-by screen, in which I am unable to effectively get out of.

This all sounds like a virus. Is there anything I can do to ameliorate this particular problem?

Thank you for your time.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-stuck-on-stand-by-screen.264762/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi, im having a problem with my ThinkPad E550 that i bought early this year, i was watching a movie then I've put it on sleep mode but when i came back to turn it on the screen was blank so i had to push and hold on the power button to turn it off and then i tried turning it back on and the screen was blank for 20 seconds then the lenovo bootup screen came on and its been stuck on that screen for ever, i clicked on enter to interrupt normal start up to check my hardware in the lenovo diagnostics screen and everything was ok, please someone help .

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/440899-why-my-laptop-stuck-booting-screen.html
Relevancy 55.47%

My laptop is stuck on hp loading screen i made a hard reset and it didn't helped i also made a system check and everything passed im not very good at computers and don't know what to do next

A:Laptop stuck on hp loading screen

Hi, run a recovery to fix the issue , but all the data will be lost , incase the recovery doesnt work , call HP for a recovery media steps to run recovery power down the note book as soon as you hit the power button , keep tapping the esc key on the top left corner until a new window opens up(the start up menu ) choose the option f11 and choose the option trouble shooting, and run the option called recoverycheersDhee

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-stuck-on-hp-loading-screen/td-p/5737885
Relevancy 55.47%

I have DELL laptop with Matte screen under warranty. These irritating creatures started appearing in previous apartment but until now there wasn't a case with creature stuck in laptop screen. I don't even know what are these creatures... They are yellow and very tiny is all i can tell. Can it be termites? I am using these desk and shelf that are now over 10 years old.

Today it was first crawling around and then i put laptop on standby, cleaned screen and after i turn it on, the insect wasn't moving any longer - it is dead probably.

How do i remove it?

A:What To Do With Little Insect Stuck In Laptop's Screen?

The only way to get the insect out is to take the screen assembly apart, but as the PC is under warranty that will void your guarantee.

You should contact the place of purchase and ask for their advise.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-to-do-with-little-insect-stuck-in-laptops-screen.1011921/
Relevancy 54.61%

My laptop is less than a year old and I ve been having problems with it for the past months or so I have Windows Vista It started with weird noises from the the fan and then it started randomly blacking out but not turning all the way off The yesterday morning I went to check my e-mail and the Startup Repair thing was running screen black start won't up, Laptop on get stuck Hp I let it run for the whole day and it didn t change Since then I ve tried the System Restore I restored it to five days ago and it didn t make any difference the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool it said nothing was wrong with the memory and the Recovery Manager bits doesn Hp Laptop won't start up, get stuck on black screen t make a difference Hp Laptop won't start up, get stuck on black screen either When I viewed the diagnostic and repair details it seemed to be working but Hp Laptop won't start up, get stuck on black screen eventually the error x started to show up This is what it says Startup Repair diagnosis and repair log - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Number o repair attempts Session details - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - System Disk Device Harddisk Windows directory C Windows AutoChkRun Number of root causes Test Preformed - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Name Check for Updates Result Completed successfully Error code x Time taken ms Test Preformed - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Name System disk test Result Completed successfully Error code x Time taken ms Test Preformed - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Name Disk failure diagnosis Result Completed successfully Error code x Time taken ms Test Preformed - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Name Disk metadata test Result Completed successfully Error code x Time taken ms Test Preformed - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Name Target OS test Result Completed successfully Error code x Time taken ms Test Preformed - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Name Volume content check Result Completed successfully Error code x Time taken ms Test Preformed - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Name Boot manager diagnosis Result Completed successfully Error code x Time taken ms Test Preformed - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Name System boot log diagnosis Result Completed successfully Error code x Time taken ms Test Preformed - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Name Event log diagnosis Result Started but not completed - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - It never finishes the Event log diagnosis even if it runs the test all day After that I tried the holding F thing and did Last Known Good Configuration but that didn t do anything Then I tried Safe Mode and again nothing changed I want to see what you all think and if there is anyway for me to fix it before I take it somewhere and have to spend the money getting it repaired Help please nbsp

A:Hp Laptop won't start up, get stuck on black screen

if there is anyway for me to fix it before I take it somewhere and have to spend the money getting it repaired.Click to expand...

you said under a year old so should be under warranty and free to repair

It started with weird noises from the the fanClick to expand...

its possible its overheating
Then I tried Safe Mode and again nothing changedClick to expand...

what happens when you try to go into safemode ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-laptop-wont-start-up-get-stuck-on-black-screen.928034/
Relevancy 54.61%

MORNING ALL nbsp I am trying to fix a laptop for my mother she was given a Notebook hp for Christmas a couple year ago and it had windows She hated it and found it very confusing But so as not to upset my sister in law wouldnt change it in any way ie upgrading to Windows So now that her desktop computer ha totally died she is having to use this one She asked me to upgrade it to windows because it looks like and she understands that one So I went to download windows and got all ON STUCK SCREEN HP AFTER UPGRADE HP 10 WIN LOGO LAPTOP the way through it up to the point of were it said Your PC will shut down many times through this install It was but finally I had to crash at am So I left it to do what HP LAPTOP STUCK ON HP LOGO SCREEN AFTER WIN 10 UPGRADE it needed to This morning it is stuck on a screen that just shows HP logo in the center no esc buttons no nothing nbsp nbsp Did the install fail and how can I get past this screen nbsp thanks nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-LAPTOP-STUCK-ON-HP-LOGO-SCREEN-AFTER-WIN-10-UPGRADE/td-p/5802005
Relevancy 54.61%

Ran in to another issue with my Dell Inspiron The computer froze on me and after a few minutes of no response I held down the power button and forced it to power down When I restarted I couldn't get it past the windows welcome screen Computer screen stuck laptop welcome windows Dell on will boot to the screen that allows Dell laptop stuck on windows welcome screen me to choose which windows user to log in with I have my normal user profile that I use admin and a guest account When I choose my normal account and enter my password it will stay on the screen as if it is preparing to log on to windows but never does I ve kept it like that for over hours no result I can however get in to the guest account but for some reason there is no internet connection available and if I attempt to do admin user controls it freezes up after entering the admin password I m really confused here This is what I ve attempted so far Doing the shift amp restart option and choosing Automatic repair After attempting Automatic Repair I got this error D windows system logfiles srt srttrail txt I went back and tried to do a system restore After attempting system restore I got this - System restore filed while scanning the file system on the drive D The drive might be corrupt Try system restore after running chkdsk R on this disk An unspecified error occurred during system restore x Rebooted once again to the command prompt entered my admin password and typed the chkdsk R command on the D drive I get this message - The type of file system is NTFS Cannot lock current drive Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process Chkdsk may run if this volume is dismounted first ALL OPEN HANDLES TO THIS VOLUME WOULD THEN BE INVALID Would you like to force a dismount on this volume Y N - I chose yes and after hours I got this message after the scan was finished - Failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status This is where I'm stuck at now Any suggestions would be appreciated as always All the best

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/57021-dell-laptop-stuck-windows-welcome-screen.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi! So i recent got my laptop, about 2+ weeks ago, and it was working well until now. The Google Chrome browser was unresponsive (i assume because i opened it while an update was trying to be installed) so i decided to restart the computer (after the update had failed of course, not during) It asked if i wanted to cancel the restart or force it; i chose to force the restart. Now i have been sittung here for an hour and a half waiting for it! Ive even tried to force a manual shutdown by holding the power button, but even that wont do anything! (i held it for 20sec)I dont know what to do because it is still on the blue restarting screen. Please help.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:HP Stream laptop stuck on restart screen

Hey guys!So i assume you all have the stream laptop specifically.What happened was the processor is just 100% frozen and sadly you can't fix it yourself unless you have the equipment and know computers really well.So, the only solution is to take your laptop to a shop probably the one you bought the laptop from as they should have a tech help station; I took mine back to the store I got it from (aka micro center) and an IT guy fixed it for me.So the prob isnt major and your files should be safe. Mine were fine and nothing was lost.Hope that helped and sorry it happened to you all too. It totally sucks but at least its fixable

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Stream-laptop-stuck-on-restart-screen/td-p/5515129
Relevancy 54.61%

M35X-S309
The problem is that I start it up and when I get to the screen that ask how many users, I enter 1. my name 2. friend and it gets stuck there. It will go back to previous page but won't go to next. Both & Next are lit up in green. (tech asked if Next was grayed out).

Called tech support but no help; suggestion was to return it to store and have salesperson look at it.

A:Toshiba laptop stuck on New Users screen

Try booting up in Safe Mode - probably using the function 8 key - and log in as Administrator, then create new user acounts.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-laptop-stuck-on-new-users-screen.311486/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi my boyfriend s laptop is a Toshiba Satellite About weeks ago he spilled coffee in it I got it cleaned up and working perfectly Then about week and half ago he spilled a BIG glass of milk in it The whole screen went nuts There were colored bands dots stuttering etc I had him shut it down unplug it etc I tried to open it managed to get the HD out of it and battery There were screws stuck in it that I could not get out although they did not appear to be stripped His dad took it to the shop he got it from the woman had it for a day and said it was fixed He picked it up yesterday We just opened it a little bit ago and Toshiba screen stuck Laptop on splash the desktop was ok some of the keys were not working though The A key if you press it it makes continuous letter AAAAAAAAAA I had him plug in my extra keyboard and that fixed that issue The mouse pad on it is also not working so I had him plug in my extra mouse All went well there too The woman at the computer shop put AVG Antivirus on it which always seemed to give it issues the last time it was on there when he first got the laptop so we had again uninstalled it this morning It said it had to restart so he restarted it Now it is stuck on the screen TOSHIBA Leading Innovation gt gt gt AMD Turion X and on the bar at the bottom it says Press lt F gt To enter setup lt F to enter MultiBoot selection menu I can t get it out of that screen now I have tried all function keys and rebooted it Laptop stuck on Toshiba splash screen several times and still it Laptop stuck on Toshiba splash screen is stuck on that screen This is very frustrating Any suggestions Thank you in advance Also I have no idea what all she did to it when she fixed it I have no idea what operating system is on it now or anything It did have Windows Home Premium before he took it back in to her nbsp

A:Laptop stuck on Toshiba splash screen

I finally got the desktop up. After restarting it 3 more times and trying to get safe mode up, but it didn't go to safe mode screen, it automatically went to the desktop. I'm running a defrag on it. It was really fragmented. But so far so good, I haven't tried to run any other applications on it yet. Wish me luck.

Any ideas why it wouldn't go to the safe mode screen and automatically went to desktop?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-stuck-on-toshiba-splash-screen.1106044/
Relevancy 54.61%

If anyone can help me it would be heaven sent. I have a Compaq Presario V6171CL laptop. it was running really slow when I got home yesterday so I restarted it. Now if I try to boot in normal mode it goes to the windows logo screen with the blue bar running over and over. If I try to boot in safe mode it goes to the drivers\mup.sys adn stays there. trying to boot from the cd it says setup is starting windows and stays. I ran a harddrive test and it came back as passed. Any suggestions?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-laptop-stuck-at-windows-logo-screen-215803.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Let me first start off by saying I have limited knowledge on PCs.

I was browsing the internet when out of nowhere it started acting up. McAfee popped up in the bottom of the screen and my laptop began lagging pretty bad. Well it got stuck at that point with absolutely no response to any commands so I powered it off. When attempting to power back on, it loaded about 2/3 of the way on the welcome screen, and then froze at that point. It repeatedly does this. Upon hitting ESC, it says that my system BIOS are shadowed and my video BIOS are shadowed. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

A:Dell Studio 15 laptop stuck at welcome screen

Can you get into the Windows Safe Mode, by pressing F8 repeatedly when the computer is starting up?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-studio-15-laptop-stuck-at-welcome-screen.168288/
Relevancy 54.61%

Whenever I close my laptop then reopen it later it gets stuck at the hibernating screen (instead of standby). The only way to restart is by removing the battery and starting the computer up again. What is causing this problem? If it makes a difference it's only really been happening since around the time I got infected with spyware last week.

A:When I close my laptop it gets stuck in "Hibernating" screen?

Go to the Control Panel and look in Power Options to see if your setting have been changed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/368087/when-i-close-my-laptop-it-gets-stuck-in-hibernating-screen/
Relevancy 54.61%

Everytime I boot up windows normally I get this blue screen http s photobucket com albums b Sonodio action view amp current download jpg I can boot up in safe mode safe mode with networking and safe mode with command prompt It s kind of weird how this happened I was converint some files on my computer for my ipod for a few hours straight turned the laptop off b c i thought i was done blue Solved: stuck on laptop screen. wiht it but wasn t go to turn it back on and this happens I Solved: laptop stuck on blue screen. ran norton full system scan only found cookies ran speed up my PC deleted Solved: laptop stuck on blue screen. over files still that blue screen DXDIAG Operating System Windows Vista amp Ultimate Build vista gdr - System Model HP Pavilion dv Notebook PC Solved: laptop stuck on blue screen. BIOS Ver PARTTBL Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Manufacturer Chip type DAC type Device Key Enum Display Memory n a Dedicated Memory n a Shared Memory n a Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Driver Name Driver Version DDI Version unknown Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d n a WHQL Date Stamp n a Device Identifier D B EE - - CF-B - AFC CB Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x Revision ID x Video Accel Deinterlace Caps n a DDraw Status Not Available D D Status Not Available AGP Status Not Available ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Description Speakers Realtek High Definition Audio Default Sound Playback Yes Default Voice Playback No Hardware ID Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name d b c- d - - - a d f Driver Version Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d n a Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider HW Accel Level Basic Cap Flags x Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src No No I DL tm Listen Src No No Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No Description Realtek Digital Output Realtek High Definition Audio Default Sound Playback No Default Voice Playback No Hardware ID Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name d b c - f a- a -b c - e bdc a Driver Version Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d n a Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider HW Accel Level Basic Cap Flags x Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src No No I DL tm Listen Src No No Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No ------------------- DirectInput Devices ------------------- Device Name Mouse Attached Controller ID n a Vendor Product ID n a FF Driver n a Device Name Keyboard Attached Controller ID n a Vendor Product ID n a FF Driver n a Device Name HP Quick Launch Buttons Attached Controller ID x Vendor Product ID x x FF Driver n a Device Name USB Receiver Attached Controller ID x Vendor Product ID x D xC A FF Driver n a Device Name USB Receiver Attached Controller ID x Vendor Product ID x D xC A FF Driver n a Device Name USB Receiver Attached Controller ID x Vendor Product ID x D xC A FF Driver n a Poll w Interrupt No USB Devices USB Root Hub Vendor Product ID x x Matching Device ID usb root hub Service usbhub ---------------- Gameport Devices ---------------- ------------ PS Devices ------------ Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard Matching Device ID pnp Service i prt HID Keyboard Device Matching Device ID hid device system keyboard Service kbdhid Terminal Server Keyboard Driver Matching Device ID root rdp kbd Upper Filters kbdclass Service TermDD Synaptics PS Port TouchPad Matching Device ID syn Upper Filters SynTP Ser... Read more

Relevancy 54.61%

first,Im trying to turn on my pc and after it turned on...it stuck at the start up screen  PLEASE HELP ME Any Pros Outside There

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-turned-on-but-it-stuck-at-the-start-up-screen/td-p/5669263
Relevancy 54.61%

Hey everyone, i'm new to this place, just needed some guidance from some skilled computer techies. I have a toshiba laptop that powers on, charges fine. But it is stuck at the " In Touch with Tomorrow"
TOSHIBA
screen. (if this helps) My sister took the battery out of my laptop while it was running (don't ask me why) and put it in hers, then back in mine. I tryed to turn it on, oh few it works ......... then nothing. So i'm stuck.... Any suggestions? :dead:

P.S. here's some specs.

TOSHIBA
Sattellite m115 - s1061 SYSTEM UNIT
MODEL NO. PSMB6U-00G005

If u you need anymore info, just ask.

A:Laptop powers on, stuck at loading screen

try reseting your CMOS settings to default, press f2 or delete ( whichever it prompts you do do) right when you turn it on , reset to default and f11 to save changes and exit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-powers-on-stuck-at-loading-screen.113039/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,

I have a Dell laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium which is stuck on the shutting down screen after I pressed install and shut down computer.

I have left it plugged in so it doesn't run out of battery and shut down.

How do I fix this?

A:My laptop is stuck on shut down screen after installing updates!

Ah, I have exactly the same problem! My Windows 7 Home Premium is an Acer though. You can view my thread for the details of my progress with this problem.

Laptop has been shutting down for 7 hours after update, please help!

Anyway, mine has been stuck for 10 hours total, so I decided to hold down the power button until it's dead. Not a very good idea, but I can't think of any other way. After that, I turned the pc back on. The pc seems to run normally. But then when I shut the pc down again, it decided to install more updates. This is when things get ugly on my part. Sometime during this second shutdown update process, I got a blue screen of death. So yeah, best not follow what I did. But should you decide to hold that power button and then turn the pc back on, I recommend that you set the windows updates settings to "never check for updates" so that when you do a shutdown again, the updates won't install, thus saving your pc from a potential blue screen of death.

Oh yeah, have you ever got a "Failure configuring windows updates. Reverting changes."? I got that at least 2 times already.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/358703-my-laptop-stuck-shut-down-screen-after-installing-updates.html
Relevancy 54.18%

During start up my laptop passes sequentially into the following screens showing:1.Preparing automatic repair2.Diagnosing your pc3.Scanning & repairing drive (F):0%4.Scanning & repairing drive (F):100%And then laptop remains stuck at that position without booting successfully.As I tried to boot my laptop multiple times ,on few rare occasions my latop luckily progresses into the home page which is totally unresponsive to any command and after sometimes it automatically goes back into the previous steps.Please help in detail as I am not an advanced user.

A:While opening the laptop,its screen gets stuck showing Scann...

Hi, Shutdown the notebook.  Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu.  Select the Diagnostic Menu option ( f2 ) and run the tests on the Hard Drive. Post back with the results, including any error codes that may be generated. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/While-opening-the-laptop-its-screen-gets-stuck-showing/td-p/5827813
Relevancy 54.18%

Samsung R580 stuck on black screen with blinking cursor. Tried Recovery (F4) and (F2) Nothing has worked. It just continuously goes back the black screen with the blinking cursor or nothing at all. Please help. I believe it was with Windows 7.

A:Laptop stuck on black screen with blinking cursor

Is the hard drive detected in the BIOS?

I believe it was with Windows 7.Click to expand...

So, what's the history? Apparently not your PC.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-stuck-on-black-screen-with-blinking-cursor.1127291/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello, I am trying to fix my mother's laptop and unfortunately am not very computer savy. She has an Acer computer running with Windows 7 Premium. When I turn it on it asks if I want to boot normally or launch startup repair. Starting normally brings me to the Windows startup screen, where it gets stuck. Launching startup repair says it's loading files, then goes to a black screen and stays there. I went to another thread with a similar problem, but I had trouble understanding. I will try to provide any information about the laptop per request.

Thank you for reading this message and helping, I apologize for not being informative.

A:Laptop Stuck on Windows Startup Logo Screen

Hello and welcome Vevendreth can you boot into safe mode > power off and the power on and tap F8?

If you can run these
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html< if necessary include the /f and /r in the command line as per Option2

PS model of the Acer please

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/334071-laptop-stuck-windows-startup-logo-screen.html
Relevancy 54.18%

A cursed ASUS laptop - I've posted about it elsewhere in these forums - was working tonight has worked fine for about - weeks and then when it was put to sleep by closing it upon being opened would only display the ASUS splash screen the first thing one sees when turning it on - basically a black screen and the word ASUS The computer turns off fine with the power button Turns on fine too but gets no farther than the splash screen No POST beeps nothing at the bottom of the screen saying how to get to setup or anything If a boot or won't HD laptop at DVD splash stuck from ASUS - screen bootable DVD is inserted and the computer started there are some noises like the computer hardware is interacting with the DVD sorry I'm not sophisticated enough to describe the noises other than to say I ASUS laptop stuck at splash screen - won't boot from HD or DVD never hear the DVD start to spin fast but then - seconds later the noises stop ASUS laptop stuck at splash screen - won't boot from HD or DVD and it's just the splash screen again and nothing else Odd laptop charger behavior culminating in sparking last night describes the last issues with this computer which were seemingly fixed about two months ago with the replacement of the motherboard It's going back to the shop but I'm wondering about any intelligent suggestions as to what's wrong here Obviously the quot repair replace quot teeter-totter is inexorably tipping toward replace

A:ASUS laptop stuck at splash screen - won't boot from HD or DVD

Google is my friend. Took a lot of poking, but Stuck on asus logo on startup?? - FixYa suggests the following:

Quote:
Same problem here with my wife's Asus laptop. Called Asus and they said to unplug charger, remove the battery in the back, hold down the power button for 10 seconds. Then, replace battery, then charger, then press the power button and wait for startup. First time it got stuck at the windows loading bar screen for like 5 min. which is abnormal. Did a hard power down (press and hold power button til it shuts off) then restarted again. That time it worked and all is well so far. Could have been due to a static charge as she was on our couch with our dog backing up movies so charge might have entered through the CD/DVD drive opening. (?) Not sure, but if you are sitting on a static-prone couch with your laptop its probably best to sit on top of a bounce sheet.

I did that and it worked.

I'll mark the thread as solved a few days down the road if no further incidents.

Meanwhile - any comments on what might have led to this situation?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/282893-asus-laptop-stuck-splash-screen-wont-boot-hd-dvd.html
Relevancy 54.18%

i recently install new updates on my laptop , after downloading and installing and asking me to restart my computer ,i did choose to restart now . After booting up again it is now stuck on windows 7 logo screen on startup. I tried booting up on safe mode and last known good config. but it didn't work. Also tried to use windows installation disk but it doesn't work either it just keep loading on "setup is starting" also tried "repair my computer" option but it just show me just a plain black screen

i had a Toshiba satellite laptop l745d with a6 vision AMD graphic card,windows 7 ultimate x64 os , 4gb of ram quadcore

A:laptop stuck on windows logo screen in startup

Your System spec says your machine is x86 - your post says x64.
Please clarify that.
When you attempted to use an installation disk - what type of disk did you use? the manufacturer's Recovery disk, or something else?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/271695-laptop-stuck-windows-logo-screen-startup.html
Relevancy 54.18%

My HP Pavilion laptop is not laptop Pavilion the login My new on is stuck HP brand screen completely frozen My touchpad works as do some of the function keys like mute and light darken screen plus the up arrow so I can see the background desktop lock screen with pretty picture time date and battery status The problem is the quot Sign in quot and the power restart shut down hibernate etc option thing are quot darkened quot you know that thing the computer does when things are not available when features menu items are not current options It's like my laptop is stuck in shut down but won't actually shut down or restart And as a computer is shutting down you lose features and can't do much if anything with it This has happened a couple times before during updates Both times I unplugged it waited for the power to drain plugged it back in and it started as normal no problem No such luck this time I have heard of similar problems in support forums but most of that was upgrading from to so I doubt they can help me I have an HP Pavilion th Gen Intel Core i Processor with Windows Home GB memory Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:My brand new HP Pavilion laptop is stuck on the login screen

What is the actual model of you HP laptop? In the meantime.....try this......power off laptop, unplug AC power cord, then pull out the battery for 5 minutes. After the 5 minutes.....connect the AC power cord and power on " WITH OUT" the battery , now power on and lets see what happens.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/my-brand-new-hp-pavilion-laptop-is-stuck-on-the-login-screen-1119425.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I have an Asus laptop model X C My laptop was working fine utility Stuck boot laptop up on screen aptio won't until recently when i switched it on and it asked for a password in a strange screen See screen shot below When Stuck on aptio utility screen laptop won't boot up i entered my normal password it took me to this screen If i press any button it just repeats the message and does nothing When i first noticed the strange password screen it took me here To the aptio setup utility screen I looked online and read that my boot up order may be wrong so I tried to resolve it by going to the boot menu section of aptio this is what I see It doesn t appear that my hard drive is listed I may be wrong I have tried everthing to get it to start Windows with no luck I may have some of the other menus configured wrong not sure Does anyone know what may have caused this and how I may fix this frustrating issue Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-on-aptio-utility-screen-laptop-wont-boot-up.1163880/
Relevancy 54.18%

My HP Pavilion laptop is not completely frozen My touchpad works as do some of the function keys like laptop login screen on stuck HP new brand My Pavilion the is mute and light darken screen plus the up arrow so I can see the background desktop lock screen with pretty picture time date and battery status The problem is the quot Sign in quot and the power restart shut down hibernate etc option thing are quot darkened quot you know that thing the computer does when things are not available when features menu items are not current options It s like my laptop is stuck in shut down but won t actually shut down or restart And as a computer is shutting down you lose features and can t do much if anything with it This has happened a couple times before during updates Both times I unplugged it waited for the power to drain plugged it back in and it started as normal no problem No such luck this time I have heard of similar problems in support forums but most of that was upgrading from to so I doubt they can help me My brand new HP Pavilion laptop is stuck on the login screen I have an HP Pavilion th Gen Intel Core i Processor with Windows Home GB memory Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:My brand new HP Pavilion laptop is stuck on the login screen

holding down the power button for 20 seconds until it switched off worked. it just restarted like normal.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-brand-new-hp-pavilion-laptop-is-stuck-on-the-login-screen.1171219/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,

I have been given a laptop to fix by a friend, she said that she opened an email with a virus and now the laptop won't boot. After the post screen it just sits on a black screen with a blinking cursor.

I have ran memtest86 from a centOS CD I had lying around, after about an hour there were 650 or so errors. I've never used memtest86 so I have no idea if this would be the root of the problem or not. I've only ever had a bad stick of RAM once and the machine still booted but blue screened at random intervals.

Just looking for a bit of advise really, I don't really want to order some RAM if it's not going to fix the problem.

A:Laptop stuck with blinking cursor after post screen

If memtest86 says there are errors, you need new RAM.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-stuck-with-blinking-cursor-after-post-screen.1107709/
Relevancy 54.18%

My HP Pavilion laptop is brand stuck HP new screen is Pavilion laptop My on the login not completely frozen My My brand new HP Pavilion laptop is stuck on the login screen touchpad works as do some of the function keys like My brand new HP Pavilion laptop is stuck on the login screen mute and light darken screen plus the up arrow so I can see the background desktop lock screen with pretty picture time date and battery status nbsp The My brand new HP Pavilion laptop is stuck on the login screen problem is the Sign in and the power restart shut down hibernate etc option thing are darkened you know that thing the computer does when things are not available when features menu items are not current options It's like my laptop is stuck in shut down but won't actually shut down or restart And as a computer is shutting down you lose features and can't do much if anything with it This has happened a couple times before during updates Both times I unplugged it waited for the power to drain plugged it back in and it started as normal no problem No such luck this time nbsp I have heard of similar problems in support forums but most of that was upgrading from to so I doubt they can help me I have an HP Pavilion th Gen Intel Core i Processor with Windows Home GB memory Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/My-brand-new-HP-Pavilion-laptop-is-stuck-on-the-login-screen/td-p/5617883