Windows Support Forum

Is the GeForce GTS250 compatible with a DDR2 board and PCIe slot?

Q: Is the GeForce GTS250 compatible with a DDR2 board and PCIe slot?

I plan to upgrade my video card from geforce 9500GT to geforece GTS250.. my mother board model is gigabyte GA-M61PME-S2P..

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Is the GeForce GTS250 compatible with a DDR2 board and PCIe slot?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Is the GeForce GTS250 compatible with a DDR2 board and PCIe slot?

Yes.
Powersupply? Just making sure...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-the-geforce-gts250-compatible-with-a-ddr2-board-and-pcie-slot.152306/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hey guys, I have searched a lot of forums but haven't found any relevent answers. I am sorry if this is a repeat.

What happened is that I disabled my nvidia graphic card from the control panel and it was too late until I realised my mistake as I had already pressed the restart button. Now I try to start my pc but all that happens is that I hear the sounds I always hear but nothing appears in the screens. I have tried several monitors. I have unhooked the monitor from the nvidia and connected it to the onboard gpu and still no luck. I tried resetting the bios but that didn't help either.

CPU:
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00 ghz

GPU:
ZOTAC Nvidia GeForce GT610 Synergy Edition.

A:I disabled my Nvidia Geforce GT610 graphics card accidentally and now I can't see a thing

You'll not make that mistake again and neither will I. You can't see anything when Windows boots but you know it's there. Maybe there's a way round this but I never found it and ended up reinstalling Windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-disabled-my-nvidia-geforce-gt610-graphics-card-accidentally-and-now-i-cant-see-a-thing.203943/
Relevancy 26.66%

With Nvidia reportedly set to announce a new mid-range graphics card in under a month's time, rumors are starting to appear that allegedly reveal this card's specifications and features in detail.

Read more

A:Nvidia's upcoming GeForce GTX 950 reportedly detailed

Ouch! Half way between 750Ti and 960, it will go for 165euros. That will make outdated AMD offerings price competitive, and sales internally cannibalised by 960, not to mention that all the recent games like GTA, Witcher shows 960 is actually todays entry gaming card from nVidia.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidias-upcoming-geforce-gtx-950-reportedly-detailed.217293/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi techspotters it has come time to modify my old rig I m planning to upgrade the cpu without changing my motherboard but there is a slight risk involved that the purchase I am going to make is with CPU board AM3+ AM3 faul So back to basics My current MB M A TD PRO AM3 board with AM3+ CPU USB - link Current CPU Phenom t oc running ghz Current RAM EVOleggera x running underclocked mhz the one to upgrade to AMD FX -- So this is a basic operation a cpu swap but few questions popped up on the research phase M A TD is a AM board which apparently after some searching supports some of the FX series cpus that are AM I have also found the corresponding BIOS that I need to flash myself to to make it work properly and be recognized by the MB link Q amp A FX is known to support mhz RAM speeds my existing RAM runs max at without overclock and is placed x which occupies all slots and might confuse the FX which supports dualchannel as usual Meaning I will need to leave my RAM running at mhz how big will the reduce be in the performance of the CPU- mhz vs When setting up the proceccor I will need to disable the Turbocore to make it stable on the older AM board which only supports cpu speeds up to ghz and the fx on turbo bumps to ghz After disabling turbo all cores are set to run at which by research is the most stable option on my existing MB Will FX bottleneck gtx or gtx and how bad it is going to be Upgrading hardware is always nice but am I making bold move by upgrading a year old cpu to almost as old one And if someone with more knowledge can state me that there is no performance gain to be maid I just might stick with my old as long as its still breathing and calculating Thanks in advance for replys And no changing an motherboard is not an option So fond of my old rig best regards m nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/am3-board-with-am3-cpu.214400/
Relevancy 29.24%

Evening, all

I bought an interesting little Single Board Computer as an mITX motherboard (a WADE-8020, more info at the link below):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Portwell-...766?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a9b75151e

I have another similar board in an old Hoojum Cubit 3 case, and was wondering if anyone might have any other suggestions for a similarly eye-catching case, probably ready-made, though I'm not averse to either buying a DIYed case, or maybe trying to make one myself (I have a Dremel but not much else, and that includes skill )

Cheers, Jon.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/case-suggestions-for-industrial-mitx-board.213745/
Relevancy 26.66%

Specifications for Nvidia's upcoming high-end consumer graphics card, the GeForce GTX 980 Ti, have reportedly been revealed thanks to a GPU-Z screenshot posted on Korean website Hardware Battle.

Read more

A:Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti specifications reportedly revealed

After watching the Titan X struggle at 4K with several new games (even in SLi) it's difficult to manufacture genuine excitement for this card, as sweet as the specs are and as good as it looks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-ti-specifications-reportedly-revealed.213445/
Relevancy 26.66%

Nvidia has once again decided to prevent some notebook owners from overclocking their Maxwell-based GeForce GTX 900M GPUs, after removing the restriction in a March driver update.

Read more

A:Nvidia quietly blocks GeForce GTX 900M overclocking once again

Why would nVidia do this secretively? This just erodes their relationship with gamers and their buyers... At least give a SIMPLE statement: "Overclocking was shown to make GPUs unstable and lessen their lifespans, so we disabled the overclocking ability in R350 drivers again". No need to keep that secret.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-quietly-blocks-geforce-gtx-900m-overclocking-once-again.213338/
Relevancy 26.23%

Ahead of tomorrow's launch of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Nvidia has released a new GeForce graphics card driver that's Game Ready for the open-world action RPG. The GeForce 352.86 drivers are also WHQL certified, meaning they are stable enough for everyday...

Read more

A:Nvidia releases new GeForce WHQL drivers for The Witcher 3, Windows 10

Mine were updated hours ago, you just can't beat GFE for this sort of thing (or for game display settings optimisation as far as I'm concerned, it works for me).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-releases-new-geforce-whql-drivers-for-the-witcher-3-windows-10.213202/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello,

I have a HDMI cable for my monitor, with a nvidia graphic card...

but now I have a big doubt, I dont know if my motherboard's graphic card's imput is not working anymore or if its my graphic's card after a FLASHY BLACKOUT today...

my nvidia control panel is not working anymore... whenever I try using VGA or HDMI with my graphic card it doesnt show any sign in the screen... so im currently using my normal VGA motherboard's imput...

I tried using an old graphic card and its not working, I tested the VGA cable and HDMI cable and they are working perfectly...

yet, after I set the graphic card in the slot, the fan it start working, if I unplug the graphic card but leave the curent cable, it doesnt start the fan so I guess the motherboard's imput is working

so idk what's the problem here, I have all the drivers and everythign was working perfectly before the blackout

A:Broken motherboard slot or graphic card

Well... its too late and soon for expect an answer but...

I tested my graphic card in an old motherboard and it was working... it didnt load windows cuz of the diferent motherboard but connecting my VGA in my gpu worked, and the HMDI didnt work I guess because it need to be configured after windows loading etc

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/broken-motherboard-slot-or-graphic-card.212639/
Relevancy 34.4%

Here's the situation. I have this old mITX computer I built a few years ago that I'd like to hook up to Dad's big-screen TV so he can Skype from his living-room. Problem is, the computer is VGA only and his TV is HDMI only. The MoBo has just one PCI (not PCIe) slot with a maximum output of 75watts.

I tried a PCI video card with HDMI output, but the slot couldn't drive the card. Didn't even detect it.

I believe DVI uses less power (the cards are definitely cheaper), and I could just use a simple DVI-to-HDMI cable. A native HDMI port would be better. As long as it works, I don't care. But w/o an external power input, the card can't draw more than 75watts from the PCI slot.

Anyone know of a card that fits this very specific bill? Thx.

ADDENDUM: PC only has a tiny 300watt PSU.

A:I need a PCI (not PCIe) DVI card (either <75w or w/power input)

Check this one out: Zotac GeForce GT 610
It is a PCI Card (non express) that has DVI / VGA / HDMI. It is also a Low Profile and requires a 300w power supply or higher. It looks like it should work with your situation.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-a-pci-not-pcie-dvi-card-either-75w-or-w-power-input.212458/
Relevancy 27.52%

Help !

I've bought the new gaming laptop ( not really new ) MSI ge60 apache pro 003 with GPU nvidia geforce gtx860m , the problem that I've not getting fps more than 20 - 30 ive tried 3DMARK test and got 0.6 fps on 4K test ! and tried Dota 2 on ULTRA and got about 20 fps ,, can anyone help me please

A:Nvidia geforce gtx860m won't go above 30 fps

Try lowering some of the settings when conducting these "tests". Your computer is not designed for 4K, so that explains the 0.6 fps in 3DMARK. Your MAX resolution is 1920x1080 (4K UHD resolution is 3840x2160 and higher). And DOTA 2, simply run it at High settings instead of Ultra and see what you can get with your fps. Just because it is advertised as a "Gaming Laptop", does not mean that you can run everything at its highest settings.
Also, are you running the latest video drivers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-gtx860m-wont-go-above-30-fps.212206/
Relevancy 33.11%

One feature of Intel's chipsets that hasn't changed much over the past few years, even for the enthusiast X-series chips, is the amount and speed of the PCI Express lanes provided. Most chipsets, including the latest Z97 and X99 models,...

Read more

A:Intel's Skylake chipsets will reportedly feature upgraded PCIe

I was wondering when they were going to address this.

This was a major handicap on the Haswell E platform.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intels-skylake-chipsets-will-reportedly-feature-upgraded-pcie.208539/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hello I apologize in advance for my almost complete lack of computer knowledge That said my PC was built for me by one of the IT guys at work who has since moved on I can t scare him card Good with Windows 7? graphics compatible up from his last known email addy So I m sort of out there drifting on this stuff trying to find any help I can The PC is connected to the home theater system TV through HDMI About weeks ago and video from the internet stopped producing sound In addition the PC doesn t Good graphics card compatible with Windows 7? play audio dvds anymore And when I click on the samples in the library I can t play them either I m assuming without knowing the graphics card is shot I think it s about four years old I opened up the box pulled out the graphics card I didn t make a note of manufacturer model but my device manager says it s nvidia and the driver is up to date and cleaned it I plugged it back in still no sound I can play youtube videos or stream online content but none of it has sound Does it sound to you guys like I need a new graphics card If so I need a recommendation for a better than average one that is compatible with windows professional something in the range or so Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Good graphics card compatible with Windows 7?

Open up nVidia Control Panel.
Under Display select "Set up Digital Audio".
Verify settings to make sure they are correctly set up to send audio.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-graphics-card-compatible-with-windows-7.210597/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hey I m new to this site and I was wondering if I could get some help with my computer From what I ve seen it says my computer is compatible with all the parts I ve chosen Compatible? Is Build My But I wanted some help on here to make sure they will work Below are a list of parts that I will be getting CPU Intel Xeon E - V GHz Quad-Core Processor Motherboard MSI Z Guard-Pro ATX LGA Motherboard CPU Cooler Corsair H i CFM Liquid CPU Cooler RAM Kingston Fury Black Series Is My Build Compatible? GB x GB DDR - Memory Hard Drive Seagate Barracuda TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive Hard Drive Seagate Barracuda TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive GPU EVGA GeForce GTX GB ACX Video Card Case Deepcool TESSERACT SW ATX Mid Tower Case Power Supply Corsair CSM W Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply Optical Drive Sony S-CB-PLUS DVD CD Writer Other Parts I Is My Build Compatible? will figure out later Just to give some perspective I will be using the computer to record videos play games and render out edited videos If you think there are better parts to suit the build or if there are any parts that need to be exchanged please tell me below Also I want to stay at least under Thanks Jettster nbsp

A:Is My Build Compatible?

Personaly from just a quick overview so dont take everything for my word, this build seems like it would work well.
What I would do is:
1) I dont think that this build will be able to use a 450W PSU because your parts are pretty high end and the 970 draws alot of power (145W around about) plus everything else I think that you should get a 500W+ PSU so you wont ever have problems related to power you can overclock and be a little future proof.
2) Why not go with more lower storage HDD's and put them in RAID 0? like 3 1tb HDD? each having like 75mb/s totaling to 225mb/s at the minimum as most modern HDDs are faster than those speeds.

Hope this helped and this is only what I would do. Dont take my word for any facts etc from this comment.
Enjoy
~Joe

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-build-compatible.209304/
Relevancy 26.66%

I recently replaced my AGP NVIDIA GeForce GT M with a newer AGP NVIDIA GeForce GT M I believe that the GPU processors are the same but noticed when changing over the heat sinks that the memory chips are of the Samsung variety the old one had Nanya The older card had a pre-windows boot BIOS where as the new one needed me to install new 512M 7600GT same Replaced GeForce NVIDIA with drivers from the Nvidia site using automatic driver scan does not BIOS boot My Replaced NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT 512M with same issue is that the Windows reported a BSOD on first reboot after the new driver installation stable since and have Replaced NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT 512M with same since increased the voltage by V to the card spec without BSOD and there is no solution in the Action center and Windows is still looking a month out Upon opening the Nvidia control panel suite to check why the newer card did not have any on board memory to aid Adobe rendering as the last card did use the M vram I found that the suite reports the card as a GeForce GS could this lead to a driver quot signing quot conflict and therefore the BSOD Computer Management reports the card as the GeForce GT as does the device properties driver tab Would it be possible to flash the BIOS on the newer card so that the M of vram is quot scalable quot for Adobe rendering use Thank you for reading nbsp

A:Replaced NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT 512M with same

If you're having a lot of trouble with it I would see about returning it if possible, I see this post is already a few weeks old but hopefully that is still possible..

You shouldn't run into that many issues, although if the card is manufactured by a different company then there "could" be problems.. In which case the safest bet is to go into Safe Mode, remove all drivers and reinstall fresh working drivers. Just to make sure nothing is being mixed up between the way the cards operate,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replaced-nvidia-geforce-7600gt-512m-with-same.208853/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hey all,

On my studio pc, I've installed a new rack mounted firewire audio interface in the studio. On the other drives (windows 8.1) the interface has installed perfectly but on the xp drive, although the drivers etc have been installed, once set, it works perfectly with the new outboard soundcard.

However, whenever I reboot to the xp drive, xp always reverts back to the on-board realtek sound card. I set the default to the new interface (a Presonus Firestudio Project) but every reboot it defaults to the realtek.

The motherboard is a P5N-E SLI if that helps.

How can I stop this happening so the new interface is the default?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-reverts-to-on-board-sound.208179/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello All please help not computer literate- just basic hope Nvidia GT635 GeForce card video I have posted in the right place if I have not then any guidance to the correct area will be most appreciated Can someone please advise from the Nvidia GeForce GT video card - can Nvidia GeForce GT635 video card I use an hdmi cable and connect to a Samsung lcd TV Samsung quot p Hz LED HD TV Nvidia GeForce GT635 video card UN F I intend to buy this TV currently didn t as I m not aware if it will work once I have the correct advice only then can I proceed to buy im using windows my system specs are as follows Orchid Motherboard orchid s Manufacturer MSI Form factor uATX - cm in x cm in Chipset AMD A FCH Memory sockets x DDR Processor socket FM Expansion Slots One PCI Express x Gen Three PCI Express x Gen One PCI Express mini card Processor AMD A TDP W Operating speed Up to GHz up to GHz turbo Number of cores Socket FM Memory GB Amount GB Speed PC - MB s Type DDR - Video graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GT Figure Video card kindly see attachment Images of video card and Ports also see Image of video card bracket showing ports - HDMI - DVI Form Factor Low profile PCB with ATX bracket Dimensions cm x cm in x in Maximum resolution DVI dual-link resolution x x bpp at Hz HDMI resolution x Analog VGA resolution with adapter x x bpp at Hz NOTE Not all ports support the highest resolutions GB onboard memory Memory interface -bit DDR Total power consumption W max Supports Blu-ray Supports HDCP Supports up to two displays at the same time nbsp

A:Nvidia GeForce GT635 video card

It says "HDMI resolution: 1920 x 1080". Which is a common port you would connect to a TV.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-gt635-video-card.207398/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello.I really need help.
I own a GEFORCE GTX 550 Ti.
Its fan gone broke so I bought a new one.
When I removing the stuck screw of my GraphicCard, I accidentally hit and remove two tiny parts which I can't name.
So I ReAttach the removed component via taping it with ElectricTape.
I lost the other one so I get something like that from other broken GraphicCard and tape it with ElectricTape.
I test the GraphicCard without fan yet, the result, it turns ON, the PC reads the GraphicCard but restarts when the MOBO's name appears.
I can't attach the fan yet because it was under warranty and I wanna return it if my GraphicCard is broken due of this matter.
***Now the problem is, Do my beloved GEFORCE GTX 550 Ti will still work or it is permanently broken due of this two tiny component?***

I attach a photo regarding "that" two tiny parts.It's sad.Please Help.

A:Geforce GTX 550ti removed tiny parts

You might as well try installing the new fan because from your description of what you did you already voided the warranty. My guess is that those tiny pieces have a function otherwise they wouldn't be there in the first place. If your graphics card doesn't work anymore, you're just going to have to buy a new one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-gtx-550ti-removed-tiny-parts.207178/
Relevancy 29.24%

Compatible memory
I plan on upgrading the ram on an older laptop.
It comes with IGB DDR2 PC2-4200 533MHz SODIMM, can I add
IGB DDR2 667MHz SODIMM to the spare slot and will it detect it?
Thought I'd ask before attempting!

A:Compatible memory

Hard to say, there is only one way to know, that is to try. I'm assuming you have the modules in question. Otherwise I would suggest buying modules of the same specs to increase chances of compatibility.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatible-memory.205398/
Relevancy 29.24%

I got a hp 6371it

link --> (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02054227&tmp_track_link=ot_faqs/top_issues/it_i...

I have this problem: I bought a kingston Dimm ValueRam 4GB DDR3 1333MHz Non-ECC CL9 (it is compatible with my mb according to hp website). I installed it on my pc and:
1) if I install just that ram it works fine
2) if I install that ram I bought and one ore both ram I had already installed in my pc it doens't work or it blocks on hp main screen or it appears the classic blue screen of hardware error and it never enter on windows (it asks for a system reinstallation)
what is the problem? should I do something else? I tried mounting rams in different slots, I tried everything

please help!!

A:Compatible ram don't work

Sound as though the ram you bought is not compatible with the existing ram. Is the ram you bought the same specs as the old ram?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatible-ram-dont-work.205230/
Relevancy 28.38%

So heres the story The computer has been working fine for several years Last night I decide to D850MV/D850EMV2 long Three desktop board beeps on Intel plug in my tv to the desktop via dvi It Three long beeps on Intel desktop board D850MV/D850EMV2 works fine and I dont have any problems I get home today and try and turn the computer Three long beeps on Intel desktop board D850MV/D850EMV2 on and I dont get any video signal to either the tv or the normal monitor Also long beeps accompany start up it sounds as though things boot but I dont get video or sound but it sounds like the hard drives click now and then like normal and the fans all run fine Ive swapped the first ram stick with one other and havent tried the rest yet and I have not changed the video card yet but plan to in the next minutes as of writing this Nothing looks physically damaged and I dont have any extra ram for this computer laying about since its a rambus so all I can do is swap the ram thats in it around and because I cant get video I cant run a test on the ram Suggestions or help would be appreciated Specifically what the long beep codes mean ive Three long beeps on Intel desktop board D850MV/D850EMV2 found a couple different versions of the code online and not sure which is correct Also what might have caused the problem plugging the tv in thats the only thing I did different unless someone was messing around with it without my knowledge or could it just be from years of wear or what nbsp

A:Three long beeps on Intel desktop board D850MV/D850EMV2

I think three beeps on Intel is a memory issue. At least that what it was when I had a stick of cheap RAM crap out on me.

I'd run Memtest and go from there

RAM can fail from a number of causes. Heat exposure, flaky transistor junctions, who knows. I seriously doubt plugging the TV in had anything to do with it.
You could go into BIOS to ascertain if the RAM voltage is set correctly. Over-volting is a DIMM killer.

You should be able to get documentation for that board directly off Intel's web site. Intel used to give BIOS beep codes ion the board/chipset manuals.

They also have hardware monitor software as a free download. Look up "Intel Desktop Utilities Lite".

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/three-long-beeps-on-intel-desktop-board-d850mv-d850emv2.191367/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hello everybody!
I have on my motherboard ( DFI LanPartyUT nF4 SLI-DR ) 2 PCIe x16 type sockets, meaning each x8 if SLI, one x16 and the other x2 if it's only one videocard inserted.
My problem is the chipset cooler which doesnt allow me to insert properly my videocard in the PCIe x16 socket (non-SLI). So I am wondering: what will happen (as performance) if I move the jumper for SLI, but using only the second socket which will have only x8 this way?
Thank you!

A:PCIe x16 vs. x8

Patrixus said:

Hello everybody!
I have on my motherboard ( DFI LanPartyUT nF4 SLI-DR ) 2 PCIe x16 type sockets, meaning each x8 if SLI, one x16 and the other x2 if it's only one videocard inserted.
My problem is the chipset cooler which doesnt allow me to insert properly my videocard in the PCIe x16 socket (non-SLI). So I am wondering: what will happen (as performance) if I move the jumper for SLI, but using only the second socket which will have only x8 this way?
Thank you!Click to expand...

Makes no difference, you will not really see a performance difference between a 16x slot and an 8x slot. Most motherboard generally run cards when in dual mode (SLI/CFX) in 8x speed on both.

It will not matter unless you are running a Dual GPU card in an 8x slot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pcie-x16-vs-x8.203588/
Relevancy 28.81%

I was planning on using the lowest i5 processor but because of the refresh I lost the older ones.
The ones that are available are:
Intel Core i5 4460 (3.2GHz HD4600 6MB Cache) Quad Core
Intel Core i5 4590 (3.3GHz HD4600 6MB Cache) Quad Core
Intel Core i5 4570S (2.9GHz HD4600 6MB Cache) Quad Core
Intel Core i5 4670 (3.4GHz HD4600 6MB Cache) Quad Core
Intel Core i5 4690 (3.5GHz HD4600 6MB Cache) Quad Core
Intel Core i5 4670K (3.4GHz HD4600 6MB Cache) Quad Core

A:What CPU's are compatible with the MSI B85-G43 Gaming Motherboard

http://www.msi.com/product/mb/B85G43.html#/?div=CPUSupport

Code:
Core i7 [ 4771,4770T,4770S,4770K,4770,4765T ]
Core i5 [ 4670T,4670S,4670K,4670,4570T,4570S,4570,4440S,4440,4430S,4430 ]
Core i3 [ 4340,4330T,4330,4130T,4130 ]
Pentium [ G3430,G3420T,G3420,G3220T,G3220 ]
Xeon [ E3-1240V3,E3-1230V3,E3-1220LV3 ]

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-cpus-are-compatible-with-the-msi-b85-g43-gaming-motherboard.202560/
Relevancy 58.05%

This is my Entire system spec Im looking to upgrade my processor but I need help Operating System System Model Windows Home Premium x Service Pack build Install Language English United States System Locale English United States Installed AM Boot Mode BIOS Secure Boot not supported eMachines ET G System Serial Number PTNBA Enclosure Type Desktop Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz AMD Athlon II X u kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Not hyper-threaded Board eMachines MCP PM-GM Bus Clock megahertz BIOS AMI P -A Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH N SCSI im with AMD is board? to my What Processor mother compatible this And new CdRom Device Optical drive WD Virtual CD USB Device Optical drive Generic- Compact Flash USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic- MS MS-Pro HG USB Device Hard drive -- drive What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this Generic- SD MMC USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic- SD MMC MS What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this MSPRO USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic- SM xD-Picture USB Device Hard drive -- drive WD My Book USB Device Hard drive GB -- drive s n WMAVY WDC WD AAKX- CA SCSI Disk Device GB -- drive s n WD-WMAYUL SMART Status Healthy Megabytes Usable Installed Memory Slot DIMM has MB serial number DE B Slot DIMM has MB serial number D B Slot DIMM is Empty Slot DIMM is Empty Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free k FAT on drive GB GB free Operating System is installed on c Network Drives None discovered Users mouse over user name for details Printers local user accountslast logon Quentin PM admin UpdatusUser AM local system accounts Administrator AM admin Guest PM HomeGroupUser never Marks a disabled account Marks a locked account HP LaserJet Professional P w on IP Microsoft Shared Fax Driver on SHRFAX Microsoft XPS Document Writer on XPSPort Controllers Display ATA Channel Controller ATA Channel Controller NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller x Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this NVIDIA GeForce GTS Display adapter DELL WFP Monitor quot vis s n XX- JU -XXXXX- - S June Bus Adapters Multimedia Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller HP Webcam HD- Mobiola Wave Audio Device WDM Mobiola Web Camera Video Source NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device Wave Extensible WDM Realtek High Definition Audio Senstic PocketAudio Senstic PocketCam USB Audio Device Virus Protection Back to Top Group Policies No details available None discovered Communications Other Devices Hamachi Network Interface primary Auto IP Address Gateway Dhcp Server Physical Address A D Connection Speed Mbps Microsoft to Adapter Microsoft ISATAP Adapter NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Auto IP Address Gateway Dhcp Server Physical Address FC C AA Connection Speed Mbps Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Networking Dns Servers HID-compliant consumer control device x HID-compliant device x USB Input Device x HP Webcam HD- HID Keyboard Device x HID-compliant mouse Microsoft PS Mouse USB Composite Device x USB Mass Storage Device x USB Root Hub x Generic volume shadow copy WD SES Device E F G H I nbsp

A:What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this

That is an AM3 socket CPU which means it should be compatible with the Phenom II series CPU's. I looked up the board and it should still support up to a 95 watt CPU so any Phenom II X4 CPU with a 95 watt TDP would work on it.

Like This
http://www.amazon.com/AMD-Phenom-Socket-Quad-Core-Processor/dp/B002XNBQJQ

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-amd-processor-is-compatible-with-my-mother-board-and-im-new-to-this.202437/
Relevancy 27.09%

If you are curious about the performance of this $3000 GPU, you can check out a benchmark >>here<<.

The Titan Z does not look good in its current state since the AMD R9 295X performs basically the same for $1500 less and only takes 2 slots rather than the Titan Z's 3 slots. Overall though, the benchmark is worth a look.

A:Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan Z Benchmark

It's a monstrous compute card though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-z-benchmark.202888/
Relevancy 35.69%

This is the link of my motherboar....... http://vr-zone.com/articles/xfx-unveiled-intel-g31-based-xg31i-board/6218.html?doc=6218

I want to know whether I can use a DDR3 Graphics card on my DDR2 motherboard and if its certain to work. Please provide detail and whether it'll be compatible.

A:Can a DDR3 graphics card run in a DDR2 Motherboard?

The DDR2 slots on the motherboard refer to the desktop RAM sticks. GDDR3 on a graphics card doesn't make any difference, it's the connector (PCI Express 2.0 probably) that slots into the mobo.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-a-ddr3-graphics-card-run-in-a-ddr2-motherboard.202813/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi Im new here and im hopeless hope u can help me, !st sorry because I cant find in forum on my problem. well here it is..

I have Samsung 900x New series 9.0 Usb slot is 3.0. just a simple problem but for me its big problem, I cant install any of my 6 pcs usb all is 2.0, It detect yes in device manager but cant install while im updating driver so my laptop can install what usb I inserted, It says error code 28. acess denied, so I cant install any of my flash drive including my external hdd 500gb, pls can someone help me.. I already search to google but non of it helps.. Thanks very much! hope to hear from you guys,

A:USB Flash Drive U2 to U3 slot

Can you please provide more specific information of your laptop's specifications and operating system used.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-flash-drive-u2-to-u3-slot.201977/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello,
As the topic says, my computer doesn't detect my on-board sound card. It all started when I tried to install new audio drivers from manufacturers page, but the next day when I booted PC up there were no sound. In Device Manager, under Sounds, game,.. controllers tab sit 4-5 High Definition Audio Devices. Here's pic:

Then tried re-installing original audio drivers from motherboard CD, enabling/disabling On-Board HD Audio in BIOS but still no luck.

My Audio Device is VIA VT1705.
DxDiag shows that no sound card was found.

This is what is shown in Playback Devices tab:

But I have no HDMI kind audio devices..

How to make my system recognize my sound card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/on-board-sound-card-is-not-recognized.202272/
Relevancy 26.23%

I AM UPGRADING FROM A RADEON 5700 1G TO A
EVGA SuperClocked 03G-P4-2666-KR GeForce GTX 660 3GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP
is this a good enough step up to play battle field 4 at a high level?
low on cash but this card I found seems to have what I need plus maybe a few yrs in it before a upgrade is needed. any input would be appreciated.
reason I ask is I have a day to cancel and get something else but I am not real good with computers. I am running a phenom quad core with 4 gigs of ram on win 7 ultimate and a 600 watt power supply and 1t hard drive

OH AND MY MOTHERBOARD IS A GA-MA785GM-US2H

A:EVGA SuperClocked 03G-P4-2666-KR GeForce GTX 660 3GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP

This should answer your question. The GTX 660 has 30FPS with ultra quality at 1680x1050. Lowering the quality settings to high, raised the frame rate to nearly 50FPS.
http://www.techspot.com/review/734-battlefield-4-benchmarks/

Final Thought:

If you can live with high settings however, you'll boost your frame rates by around 60%, sometimes as much as 80%, which is enough to make the GTX 660 and HD 7850 practical options. ...
Fortunately, there's less to consider when choosing a processor -- just make sure you have a quad-core chip. It doesn't even have to be a new one, as even the Core i7-920 and Phenom II X4 980 took care of business. ...Click to expand...

Side note:

As was the case with Battlefield 3, as long as your processor has four cores/threads, it shouldn't have a problem in EA's latest shooter. The only processors to struggle were the dual-core AMD Phenom and Athlon CPUs, while the game can utilize up to eight threads if your chip has them on tap.Click to expand...

Another improvement would be to get 8GB memory. In my opinion 4GB is boarder-line to being sufficient.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-superclocked-03g-p4-2666-kr-geforce-gtx-660-3gb-192-bit-gddr5-pci-express-3-0-x16-hdcp.202193/
Relevancy 28.38%

Is my motherboard compatible with and does it have enough power watts it compatible my Card have power new to & enough with run Is mob Video to run new video card My specs More details about my computer Component Details Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Memory RAM GB Graphics Intel R HD Graphics Gaming graphics MB Total available graphics memory Primary hard disk GB Free GB Total Windows Home Premium System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd Model H M-UD H Total amount of system memory GB RAM System type -bit operating system Number Is my mob compatible with new Video Card & have enough power to run it of processor cores Storage Total size of hard disk s GB Disk partition C GB Free GB Total Media drive D CD DVD Graphics Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce LE Total available graphics memory MB Dedicated graphics memory MB Dedicated system memory MB Shared system memory MB Display adapter driver version Secondary monitor resolution x Primary monitor resolution x DirectX version DirectX Video Card Information Network Realtek RTL D D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS New Video card info Nvidia G-Force Video Px Video card UPC- Mb PCIExpress X Dual Monitor Support My power supply is watts and on my motherboard now there is only sticks of GB ram Patriot Viper Extreme and nothing else in any of the expansion slots I looked online but cannot get a straight answer Can my motherboard run this card with no issues Thanks I am shine nbsp

A:Is my mob compatible with new Video Card & have enough power to run it

No one can say if it will run with no issues, just because there could be any number of complications that could pop up. If you asking will it work with your current system, then yes it will run on your current system with the PSU. I would advise that you uninstall the video drivers (and software) for the current card, changing out to the new card. This will create less of a head ache for you in the end.
I would also suggest trying to find another 2GB ram stick because your motherboard is a Dual Channel motherboard and the computer will run better if you have 4 sticks of ram instead of 3. Its not going to hurt your computer by having 3 sticks of ram versus 4, but you will get better overall performance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-mob-compatible-with-new-video-card-have-enough-power-to-run-it.202004/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hey all,

I recently dug up an old computer and wanted to use it but realized it is way too slow and the specs aren't even good enough to install Windows 7.

I currently have 512mb of RAM on that computer but I want to replace it and find a 2gb RAM that is compatible with my motherboard. I have an extra slot available for RAM.

How am I able to tell if the RAM I want is compatible with my motherboard?

Here is my system information from dxdiag:

System Manufacturer: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD
System Model: KM400-8235
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6. 00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1700+, MMX, 3DNow, ~ 1.5 GHz
Memory: 448MB RAM
Page file: 218MB used, 839MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Thanks in advance and I really look forward to your help!

A:Finding compatible RAM for old motherboard

Sorry for the double post but I also want to find out how I am able to tell which processor is compatible with my motherboard.

Am I better off getting a completely new motherboard or would a new processor and a new RAM do it?

Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/finding-compatible-ram-for-old-motherboard.200960/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi

I Made a mistake buying Samsung laptop model NP350V5C-A0EUK. It worked exactly for 1 year I.e till warranty period within 1 month from the date my warranty expired one of my RAM's stopped working - I bought a new RAM, after that my hard drive got bad memory sectors - I replaced it, then one of my RAM slots was dead, now there is a problem with the second slot.

My question is - By any chance can we get RAM slot repaired ?? - I suppose answer may be NO - I may be wrong as well

If the answer is NO, I suppose I can use other parts of the laptop like processors, RAM, HD, Key pads, display screen so .. on. Is there any way that I can replace some thing like mother board alone to get back my laptop to life ??

Thanks in advance for your suggestion

One friendly suggestion out of scope of this question - never ever ever buy Samsung laptops

A:By any chance can we get RAM slot repaired?

I'm willing to bet there is not one repair shop willing to take on the task. Not only would it cost more to do the labor than the motherboard is worth, it would take specialized equipment. Motherboards are dated so quickly, it doesn't pay to repair them. Unless the damage is very simple to work with.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/by-any-chance-can-we-get-ram-slot-repaired.200270/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hey guys, I am helping my friend build a computer and I'm not 100% sure if these parts are compatible, and I was hoping someone would give me the thumbs up or the thumbs down.

Part list

Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard

Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card

Asus PCE-N15 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter

Cooler Master K380 ATX Mid Tower Case

Antec TruePower Classic 650W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply

LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)

Asus VX238H 23 inch monitor

A:Are these parts compatible?

Looks good to me, I don't see any incompatibilities. Even the name brands you have chosen are in my opinion well known good brands.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-these-parts-compatible.199589/
Relevancy 29.24%

So I'm currantly building my first pc for gaming and I have together a setup that in my eyes should work, can anyone see if I'd have any compatibility issues?
I'm also trying to keep a fairly decent budget of around 800 dollars.

Case:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/zalm...wer-black-case-with-side-window-usb-30-w-o-su

Power supply:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/500w-storm-silent-lpj19-25-eps-12v-quiet-fan-atx-v20-psu

Motherboard:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/gigabyte-ga-970a-ds3p-amd-970-s-am3-am3plus-ddr3-sata-iii-6gb-s-sata-raid-pcie-20-(x16)-atx

CPU/Processor:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/amd-...-s-am3plus-42ghz-12mb-total-cache-125w-retail

Graphics card:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/1gb-...u-1075mhz-cores-896-dport-dl-dvi-hdmiplusfree

Memory/RAM:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/8gb-(2x4gb)-corsair-vengeance-blue-ddr3-pc3-12800(1600)-non-ecc-unbuffered-cas-9-9-9-24-xmp-15v

Wireless Network Card:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/asus-pce-n15-pcie-300mbps-80211b-g-n-wireless-adaptor-low-profile

I already have a Sata III Harddrive and decent optical drive in my house so I didn't include them in the links.
Thanks in advance
-Damhan

A:Concerned if this is compatible

Why is this so suspiciously familiar?
Regardless, my response is the same.
A no to the power supply but everything else looks okay. Again, I would opt for an integrated wifi board.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/concerned-if-this-is-compatible.199357/
Relevancy 36.12%

I have a HP dv7-1285dx(Windows 7 64bit) laptop that has 6 gb ddr2 ram in it installed factory. I was considering getting maybe ddr3 (2)4GBs sticks to put in. I mostly use my laptop for video watching(twice, youtube) and ofcourse games.

Is it worth the upgrade?

Why all of a sudden does ram seem to be so expensive?

Any help/advice is appreciated.

A:Laptop ram ddr2 vs ddr3

If you want upgrade your memory. You will have to stay with DDR2.. Your laptop will not support DDR3.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-ram-ddr2-vs-ddr3.199301/
Relevancy 27.95%

Lately, My laptop is very slow in recognizing my usb stick, or my Hard drive (usb 3.0) or my sxs cards through my express card slot. It 's also slow in recognizing my sd-cards through my card reader. I have a very fast laptop. A lenovo W530.

I just started a while ago, and I can't get it to recognize faster . Everything else works just fine and fast.... but it takes up to 4 minutes to recognize these things.

Can somebody help?

Tx

A:Laptop slowly recognizes usb stick/sd card/xpress card slot

Hey tidri. 2 things come to mind if it previously worked. One is a reinstall of all the drivers for the mobo, and the other is a full AV/Malware/Rootkit scan. If everything checks out, a full format and an OS reinstall would be my third move.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-slowly-recognizes-usb-stick-sd-card-xpress-card-slot.199010/
Relevancy 29.24%

I m looking to buy a bundle PC from Newegg for and was wondering if this particular setup will work It will be used for gaming but not hardcore IN WIN GT White SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case Model GT White XFX Core Edition FX- A-ZNL Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card Model FX- A-ZNL RAIDMAX HYBRID RX- SS W ATX V V EPS V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular Power Supply New Version with Build-in LED Fan On Off Switch Model RX- SS AMD FX- Vishera GHz GHz Turbo Socket AM W Eight-Core Desktop Processor FD FRHKBOX Model FD FRHKBOX SAMSUNG Series MZ- TD KW quot GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive SSD Model MZ- TD KW G SKILL Ripjaws X Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBXL Model F - CL D- GBXL Seagate Barracuda ST DM TB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive Model ST DM Sorry for the big print copy paste Moderator note Fixed that for you Thanks for any info you may have--much appreciated nbsp

A:Is this PC compatible?

I don't see a motherboard listed here, you're definitely going to need one of those.

Otherwise the system is compatible, as long as you get the correct motherboard. If you want advice on possible improvements to the system, just ask, I'm sure some more knowledgeable members will be happy to assist you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-pc-compatible.198897/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have a USB 2.5 external HDD that I want to use with my Xbox 360 to play original Xbox games.

An emulator is required to play original Xbox games and the 360 will download this etc. for you with an Xbox 360 that has an internal HDD.
Mine is only a 4GB internal HDD so will not perform this function!

Can anyone help me make the external USB HDD perform this function???

Thanks

A:Making an External HDD backwards compatible for Xbox games on an XBox 360

360 isn't backwards compatible with Xbox games. Since you have digital copies of the game, we can't be sure you actually own a legit copy. So, we can't help you sorry.

But, you can use this to format external drive for your 360.
http://www.wikihow.com/Format-a-Hard-Drive-for-Use-With-Xbox-360

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/making-an-external-hdd-backwards-compatible-for-xbox-games-on-an-xbox-360.197802/
Relevancy 29.24%

I just ordered GA-F2A85XM-HD3 and AMD FX 4130 Black Edition (3.8/3.9GHz), 125W, 4MB, total dedicated L2 cache, 4MB, L3 cache, 5200MHZ HyperTransport? bus, socket AM3+) ... and I dont know if they are compatibile * the first one is the motherboard I would love any information ... cause I ordered them online ..already

A:Is this motherboard compatible?

No they are not compatible. The motherboard has an FM2 socket while the FX 4130 uses an AM3+ socket.

Google the motherboard model, click on the Gigabyte website link, click on the support and download tab and look up the CPU support list.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-motherboard-compatible.197438/
Relevancy 29.67%

After my brother sprayed it with glass cleaner.my laptop key board types wrong letters.lets say I want to write "my laptop key board is messed up" this is what it types: my lap0to9p0 ke3ybo9ar4d i8s me3sse3d u7p0. all the letters in the upper row type the letter and the number above it and vise verse(exept t,y,5,6)
I tried the num lock and sticky keys,checked my language tap still nothing
(I use dell inspirion , windows 7)
Plz help.
thanks

A:My laptop key board is messed up

Have you tried a USB keyboard? If not, try it. You might also try the on screen keyboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-key-board-is-messed-up.196547/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi everyone I ve been having a little problem and hopefully someone from the community might be GT Problem installed 610 Newly GeForce able Newly installed GeForce GT 610 Problem to help I own a really basic computer that I ve had for years I don t use it for gaming or anything like that Mainly sufing the web really basic none labour intensive tasks Anyway I started getting random BSOD problems and the code that came with the shutdown pointed to it being a driver problem I was using a fairly old driver anyway as I d have previous problems with BSOD s with the updated versions After numerous uninstalls and reinstalls of different drivers the problem wasn t going away Until after one BSOD and restart the screen was completely filled with either green or pink pixels depending on the background colour After a little research I came to the conclusion that the graphics card was on it s way out I should say at this point that the old graphics car was a GeForce GS So not wanting to have to upgrade anything but the gpu and also not wanting to spend a great deal of money that really dont have at the moment I started searching for a replacement card for my system I finally settled on a GeForce GT as it sounded simpler to replace Nvidia for Nvidia in this case and was pretty basic After researching and installng the new gpu I started up the computer to see wether I d still have the pixel problem or not Low and behold they had gone and I thought my troubles were behind me hahaha how wrong I was Without any of the Nvidia driver installed uninstalled in control panel and DriveSweeper used running on the quot Standard VGA Graphics Adapter quot I had no problems at all and my cpu usage when idle was fine I then updated the drivers to the latest version and numerous other versions throughout the day and started getting a problem When the computer attempted to do any task no matter how basic it would stutter The loading icon next to the mouse stopping starting and freeze continuously which it had never really done before I opened up tast manager to check what was going on and in the performance tab the cpu usage was at in an idle state After checking processes for all users I couldn t see anything that seemed to be causing the cpu usage to be that high There were numerous quot svchost exe quot open but only as many as there were without the drivers installed and they weren t using any more memory than normal either Running HWMonitor showed all my voltages and temperatures to be fine I ve also checked my voltages with a voltage testing machine and they cam back fine Every time I uninstall the driver and use the standard vga its fine then as soon as the driver is install I m getting the lagging and high cpu usage problem So does anyone think they could possibly shed some light on what might be going wrong Could it be a clash in the hardware But obviously I m so far away from being an expert it s not funny haha Any help would be appreciated and sorry for such a long winded essay Congrats if you managed to read it to the end System specs CPU - Intel Core Duo E Motherboard - GigaByte GA-T MG Old GPU - GeForce GS New GPU - GeForce GT PSU - XFX Pro W RAM - GB DDR Storage - Seagate Barracuda GB ST AS Thanks nbsp

A:Newly installed GeForce GT 610 Problem

Try this:
1) Download, do not install, the latest nVidia driver from here (32bit).
2) Create a system restore point before proceeding. Use these directions for assistance.
3) Download and run Display Driver Uninstaller from here.
4) Check the boxes that state "Remove PhysX" and "Remove C:\AMD or C:\NVIDIA folders" and "Save log files in startup path".
5) Chose the option "Uninstall the current and previous drivers and restart the computer".
6) Let the computer reboot/restart.
7) Install the driver you downloaded in step 1.

If this does not work, there is an issue with the GPU. You will need to RMA it and get a new one. Tell the manufacturer that you are having issues. They will usually comply and send a new one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/newly-installed-geforce-gt-610-problem.197095/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hey, my name is Dazz. I am pretty new here and have just built a new PC, I have connected all the parts of the PC up correctly and seem to be having problems on startup. I hear the general kick into life startup but when I look at my monitor it is completely black, no startup screen. Doesnt even turn on, the light on the monitor is set to 'standby' straight away. I have no idea what the problem is at all.

Any ideas what it might be?

P.s.
I am using Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 motherboard, 750W ATX PSU, Corsair Dominator 4GB Phenom II x6, and a Prolite E2208HDS monitor

A:GeForce GTX 690 black screen issue

The real question I have is why you are pairing a GTX 690 with a Phenom X6 and 4GB of RAM!

Jokes aside, does the GPU fan spin when you startup the PC? Is it properly seated on the PCIe port? Is there a power connection to the GPU?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-gtx-690-black-screen-issue.196993/
Relevancy 29.24%

Athlon 64 x2 4200+ with a Asus M5A78L-M LX PLUS

If its not what would be a good motherboard thats compatible?

A:Is this processor compatible?

The Athlon will not work with that motherboard as it is socket AM3+

You need a socket AM2 board, Or an AM2+.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-processor-compatible.196617/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi,

I need Graphic Card for my computer because the existing graphic card is build-in and it is 64Mb.
My Motherboard is Asus P5S800-VM.

I want to know Which Graphic Card is Compatible for my motherboard.

Thanks

A:Which graphics card is compatible with ASUS P5S800-VM

Unfortunately, that motherboard only has an AGP slot, so your videocard upgrade will be very limited.

Here is one of the cheaper units for AGP, but you must also ensure your case has adequate cooling (at least one case fan aside from the power supply fan is recommended) and also ensure you have a fairly beefy power supply (350 Watt or greater, 400W+ preferred).
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161318

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-graphics-card-is-compatible-with-asus-p5s800-vm.196347/
Relevancy 30.1%

I am so close to having my new audio system established On the headphone side all I need to do is place my order However I ve run into Z for 32x, card Sound PCI-E? (Will PCIE SBX Sound Blaster Vista work?) a bit of a snag considering the sound card I was Sound card for Vista 32x, PCI-E? (Will Sound Blaster Z SBX PCIE work?) originally recommended the Sound Blaster Z to pair with my headphones Exact card here the one with the external microphone since I ll need it Unfortunately this sound card specifies Windows and as supported operating systems I asked if it would still work for Vista but the other forum headphone forum seemed to think that it wouldn t unfortunately I m not looking to upgrade my OS As horrible and clunky as it is I ve made it work for me IF it would work with Vista than just let me know and read no further If not I d love if I could get some recommendations for a comparable card I m looking for the best sound card possible given my physical and operational specs I have PCI-E slots x and x free and my OS is Windows Vista Ultimate x The card will support both gaming and music though I m more concerned with gaming than music at this point I m not looking to drop a bundle the SB-Z was a little on the expensive side but as high as or is acceptable Please let me know if you have any suggestions I m raring to place my orders haha nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-for-vista-32x-pci-e-will-sound-blaster-z-sbx-pcie-work.196149/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello,

This is my first post.

My PC currently has GeForce 6600 as my graphics card, however I feel it is time to upgrade it so I can play new games etc. I would like the best graphics card (regardless of price) that my PC can allow.

I have Windows XP 32, Intel Pentium 4 540 3.20GHz

2GB RAM with ASUSTeK Computer inc motherboard.

I realize I can't have the ultimate best Graphics card with my current PC set up, but what is the best my PC can allow?

A:I want to upgrade my graphics card from GeForce 6600

Does you PC have an AGP or PCIe card slot? We can't recommend a card until we at least know this answer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-want-to-upgrade-my-graphics-card-from-geforce-6600.193367/
Relevancy 27.52%

So about 6 months ago I bought a Gtx 570 and was quite satisfied but most recently things have taken a turn for the worst. I have started having random display glitches where my display disconnects and recovers immediately. It's very annoying and I'm tired of it.

When I googled my issue I discovered this was a common problem that Geforce hadn't fixed and it has been happening for quite some time now. I've always been a fan of Geforce but this has driven me over the edge and I'm looking to change.

I'm not familiar with any other graphics cards so some help would be nice. I'm looking for a card that can run any game on ultra settings for under 500 dollars. That is possible by the way, that's what the Gtx 570 was. It also needs to be able to support dual monitors.

Thank you,

-Luke

A:New Graphics Card (Not Geforce)

Generaltuber said:

I'm not familiar with any other graphics cards so some help would be nice. I'm looking for a card that can run any game on ultra settings for under 500 dollars. That is possible by the way, that's what the Gtx 570 was. It also needs to be able to support dual monitors.Click to expand...

If you can wait a few more months AMD will be releasing their next generation of graphics cards. AMD has what is know as Eyefinity, which commonly supports 3 independent monitors per graphics card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-graphics-card-not-geforce.195599/
Relevancy 31.82%

Alright so I got an Aspire M since One day it suddenly card Graphics or slot? the is broken it wouldn t start up Beeping noises are heard from the CPU long short After a bit of research it seems Graphics card broken or is it the slot? that the computer could not detect the graphic card which results in it not starting up So I reinserted the graphic card Failed Did it again Failed Repeated for hour Still hearing long short beeps Then after a few maybe hours I tried again reinserting the graphics driver connecting the monitor cable and turned it on It worked Graphics card broken or is it the slot? I didn t know what happened but it worked After Graphics card broken or is it the slot? I was done using the computer I turned it off The next day today the problem came back Reinserted plugged monitor cable turned on and it works Now I don t know whether its the graphic card or the slot Wonder if replacing it will work I m afraid that if I turn off the PC the problem will return Any help would be appreciated I never opened the CPU since for cleaning nbsp

A:Graphics card broken or is it the slot?

Hey Falconet. I think I would be far more likely that the graphic card is flaky since in your research the beeps point to the graphics card. If the slot were damaged, chances are you wouldn't get it to work at all, and since it worked one day and not the next, and since the slot itself won't break on it's own, I would suspect the card first. It wouldn't hurt to check both connection points of the cable the next time, although the beeps indicate the card's operation itself as not being right.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-broken-or-is-it-the-slot.189593/
Relevancy 27.95%

Whats up guys?..I have a question,im building my first pc and I wanted to know if this graphic card (geforcegt610) can support tripple monitors, I see it has 3 different outputs like,vga,hdmi and dvi.Im not really big on pc gaming so I wont do much gaming most likely music production or video editing..best buy have a good sale on video cards and I saw this one for 40 bucks,is it worth buying?

A:GeForce GT 610

Quote found here - http://hardforum.com/showpost.php

The MDT GT 610, like all GT 610s, does still have two discreet outputs. In order to connect more than two displays, special integrated hardware splits one or both outputs which show up as a super-wide display in the control panel. When you connect three 1080p monitors, your control panel will show that you have one 1920x1080 and one 3840x1080 display (rather than 3 1080p monitors or a single 5760x1080 screen like in Surround.) Once you open and set the MDT EZY software, the pair of displays that show up as one in the NVCP will then act just like two individual monitors- windows will fit each screen individually and snap to the proper positions.Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-gt-610.195211/
Relevancy 29.24%

This will be my first build and I want to know for sure if these parts are compatible I got mixed results on sites like PCPartPicker and GooeyGUI These are the parts CPU it Is compatible? all Intel Core i - GHz Is it all compatible? Dual Core CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper TX CFM Sleeve Bearing Motherboard Asus P B -M LX PLUS Micro ATX LGA Motherboard Memory Corsair XMS GB x GB DDR - Memory Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue GB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive Video Card Asus GeForce GTX Ti GB Video Card Case MSI TC- Black ATX Mid Tower Case Power Supply Cooler Master eXtreme Power W ATX V Power Supply I Is it all compatible? know they re not the best or high end items but im on a tight budget I will be doing gaming for the most part What I really want to know is if the CPU cooler is good to put on the i while in that case On GooeyGUI it said that the motherboard did not support the CPU Cooler but on PCPartPicker it said there were no compatibility issues Thank you for your time nbsp

A:Is it all compatible?

Everything looks good to me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-all-compatible.194831/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello. I am trying to keep my budget under 1,250 and these are the items that im trying to build my pc with. I would love to know if they are compatible.

Tower: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...yMark=False&IsFeedbackTab=true#scrollFullInfo
PSU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182200
RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231460
Processor: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...bb3r-_-Processors+-+Desktops-_-AMD-_-19113284
Motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128514
Hard drive: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822236339
Graphics card: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1917611&CatId=7387

Any help will be truly appreciated

A:Are these parts compatible?

Looks okay. Why do you want to go AMD processor though?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-these-parts-compatible.194229/
Relevancy 58.05%

I just came from a retail store to check on prices but most of their parts weren't available anymore. Instead of a G. Skill Ripjaws 2x4 8gb DDR-3 1600, the clerk offered me a Crucial Ballistix 2x4 8gb DDR-3 1866 memory. The board I'm gonna buy is an Asrock H77 Pro4/Mvp but looking at their memory support list http://www.asrock.com/mb/memory.asp?Model=H77 Pro4/MVP, it doesn't seem compatible.

The clerk had told me it was compatible and that he had tried it before but I'm not sure if it'd have unwanted effects over some period of time. (I got drawn in by how the memory looks and its LED so I'm including it as a choice). Thanks.

A:Is a 1866 memory compatible with an H77 board?

It will be compatible, worst case scenario is just setting your 1866Mhz RAM to run at 1600Mhz. You're getting quicker RAM for free.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-a-1866-memory-compatible-with-an-h77-board.194307/
Relevancy 29.24%

So my brother has a Foxconn 2ada 1.00 motherboard Link: http://www.estaxe.com/index.php/layout-foxconn-2ada-1-00-motherboard/
and wants to upgrade to a good processor, willing to spend $100-$200. What do you guys recommend? Is it worth investing more than $200.00+ for a CPU for a better gaming experience? He has also has an Nvidia Geforce GT 620 just as an added note. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! One website said this Link:http://www.findlaptopdriver.com/specs-2ada-foxconn/ but I trust you guys more...

A:Need a compatible processor

Well, it is a 1155 socket motherboard. Hence, you can technically fit in any Ivy Bridge and Sandy Bridge that is below the recommended motherboard/CPU wattage. In this case, that is 95W. I think a i5 and i7 will be a waste. What processor does he currently have? I think a Pentium or i3 is a good option.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-a-compatible-processor.194150/
Relevancy 29.24%

I'm looking to build my first computer, and I'm still not totally sure if all of my selected parts will all work with each other. This is not supposed to be a gaming computer or anything like that: just a simple starter computer. I would also like some feedback on whether I might need to upgrade or downgrade certain parts to fit my needs. Thanks!

Case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119233

Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131872

GPU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161406

PSU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139026

CPU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103727

RAM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148543

Hard Drive
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148840

Optical Drive
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827135204

A:Are all of my parts compatible?

The build itself is alright. However, I'd drop the HD 7850 to something like a 7770 and put that money towards a better CPU. Since you indicated this isn't a gaming computer, a better CPU will be a much better use of your money. Additionally, while the PSU you picked would probably work fine. The builder series hasn't had the best wrap. You may want to go with one of corsairs HX,TX or AX offerings. Or, check out seasonic or antec offerings.

What's your budget for this build? It will help us suggest different parts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-all-of-my-parts-compatible.194055/
Relevancy 33.11%

My computer. Lenovo IdeaCentre K300 has a slot, about 3/4 as long as the memory slots. Does anybody know what it might be for? Because I'd sure like to fill it. I just feel a computer is not complete with empty slots.
Pre-thanks to all who reply ;0)

A:What's this slot for

I'm not following. I've called up a few pics but I don't see anything other than PCIe, PCI, and DDR slots.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-this-slot-for.193283/
Relevancy 21.5%

I need to know if the HDMI motherboard in a 60" Samsung Plasma TV can be used in a Sony Bravia 52" TV. The motherboard in my Sony died and I have access to one in a Samsung Plasma that's screen cracked.

A:Is a 60" Samsung Plasma HDMI motherboard compatible with a 52" Sony Bravia HDMI motherboard.

No, it would not be, in the past I had to repair a tv for a friend that had his board shorted that was an LCD Sony Bravia 52 Inch and its board was very specific as with all Sony Products. The Boards on the TV's are the hearts and the companies that built them don't allow for parts to be interchanged easily. Your best bet is ebay and finding the part number to find a board, that's how I got the one I used to fix it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-a-60-samsung-plasma-hdmi-motherboard-compatible-with-a-52-sony-bravia-hdmi-motherboard.193309/
Relevancy 28.38%

Is the XFX Radeon 7970 video card compatible with a an Asus P9Z68-V LE motherboard? I'm rather confused with Crossfire and SLI, is it Crossfire allows multiple Radeon video cards and SLI allows multiple NVidia video cards?

A:Is this video card compatible with this motherboard?

Yes, the card is compatible with the mobo.

Your Crossfire and SLI understanding is correct. However, it extends to GPU's, not just 'cards'. Cards like HD7990 and GTX690 use Crossfire/SLI internally as they have two GPU's on one card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-video-card-compatible-with-this-motherboard.193002/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello comunnnnity!!
I wanna ask something about this video card nvidia geforce 315m
I want to buy this laptop FOR GAMING
toshiba
i5 , 4 giga ram , 500 HD
But I need to think about the video card ,, is it good enough for games such as Battlefield 3 ?
Many thanks,

A:Nvidia geforce 315m?

It will probably run BF3 at low settings with a terrible frame rate, there are a few videos on you tube.

If you are buying the laptop for just high end gaming. I would not bother.

It would run the sims fine though

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-315m.192665/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi, if I play crysis 3 on my GeForce 610 along with core i3-530 and 4 gb ram, how much fps will I get at a resolution of 1366*768 and all other settings at low?

A:Crysis 3 on GeForce 610

According to this video, min. 15 - max. 25.
Crysis 3 - GeForce GT 610

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crysis-3-on-geforce-610.192470/
Relevancy 29.24%

Corsair Carbide Series 500R Black Steel structure with molded ABS plastic accent pieces ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless N900 PCI Express Adapter, 2.4GHz 450Mbps/5GHz 450Mbps, IEEE 802.1a/b/g/n, WEP/WPA/WPA2

CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-D3H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

SAPPHIRE FleX 100352FLEX-2 Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card OC with Boost

Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I53570K

CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10

SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD256BW 2.5" 256GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

A:Compatible?

Great build . I would mainly change the RAM. Get a 2x4 GB RAM kit instead since the Z77 chipset takes advantage of dual channel memory, which offers better performance. Also, I suggest getting a XFX 7950 instead since they offer a lifetime warranty. Finally, since you are getting the i3570K, witch is an unlocked CPU, I recommend getting a Hyper 212 EVO CPU cooler if you want to overclock (what the K in 3570K means).

Just a final though: If you can wait for about 2-3 weeks, Intel will be releasing their new line of CPUs. I think you should wait till then to purchase your CPU + motherboard. Good luck .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatible.192387/
Relevancy 27.52%

I am thinking of buying a used video card and it is a GeForce 9800GT 1gb card and it is actually really cheap. The thing is though the guy said it sometimes overheats and could be the fan. Is it possible it would only be the fan in this case or would it ever be in the circuitry?

A:Used GeForce 9800GT 1GB overheats -- should I buy it?

Only way to be sure really is to replace the thermal compound, check the fans are spinning ok, and see if the overheating stops.

As a cash deal I would not touch it unless it was under 10 sheckles

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/used-geforce-9800gt-1gb-overheats-should-i-buy-it.191305/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi all My computer was top of the line years ago The past few years my computer has been freezing crashing and bluescreening due to the kind of functionality I force it through namely the use of multiple programs at once internet livestream games The fan hasn t worked for over a year now it was choking I simply turned it off and often attempted to keep my system as cool as possible using a large floor fan Today it gave it s death knoll - freezing with video ram artifacts all over the screen I had been I messing around with the EVE Online character creator with internet playing music and Steam open naturally Un- and reinstallation of the drivers would not fix the artifacts it had forced non-native resolution it wouldn t go beyond x or something native is x and was happily informing me that I wasn t quot currently using a display attached to an Nvidia GPU quot despite the fact that the second I uninstalled the drivers my computer was GTX Nvidia 8800 for Geforce Replacement searching for and reinstalling them again I gave up and shut down to look at the power supply and when I turned it back on it was miraculously in it s native resolution and artifact-free but I ve abused it long enough now that it probably only has a few months left and is in desperate Replacement for Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTX need of replacement I realize it might even be artifact-ridden next time I turn it on Dell pre-built desktop years old Windows Vista Ultimate bit Intel Core Quad CPU at GHz GB RAM I think my power supply is max W but I m having trouble figuring the label out so I attached a picture in case I m sorely mistaken I m looking for something that works within my current specs approximately the same size as the Geforce GTX my case won t fit anything much bigger as far as I can tell and I can t get a new case because it barely fits height-wise where I need it to go As I said I use multiple programs and I especially game on my computer so I need something that can handle my usage On the other hand I am looking to completely replace my system within a few years with something custom from Origin so I don t want to be pouring money into this system So - something that will allow me to eke out a few more years within my other current specs without costing me a bundle Say around or Please let me know if you need more information and thanks in advance nbsp

A:Replacement for Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTX

Umm have you thought about buying a new computer, yours is rather old. The amount of work, time and money you will probably spend on it trying to fix it up until you throw it away will be quite a lot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replacement-for-nvidia-geforce-8800-gtx.192283/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hey,
I have a Zotac GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition graphics card. I have been trying to install my graphics card for quite some time now :/ When I open the installation driver, it says "nvidia graphics driver could not find compatible hardware". I cannot find my graphics card in the device manager. The only graphics card I can find is the inbuilt Intel graphics. Can someone help me install my driver? Thanks!

A:Nvidia graphics driver could not find compatible hardware

Should I uninstall my Intel driver?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-graphics-driver-could-not-find-compatible-hardware.192314/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi friends,

I am not a computer savvy and all I wanted to know what is PCI, PCle x16, PCle x1 slot. As, my mother board had came up with these facilities and I don't know what the use of this slots and how can they helpful for me. So need a detailed explanation over these structures.

Has my mother board has 1 x PCle x16 slot
1 x PCle x1 slot
2 x PCI slots

A:About PCI and PCIe x16 slot

The PCIe x16 slot is for GPUs, it is the highest bandwidth of them all. I can explain more later, I am in a rush now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/about-pci-and-pcie-x16-slot.192104/
Relevancy 35.69%

I got myself a new mainboard that is based on the ATX DDR3 AMD standard. But I also thought that the old NVIDIA Sparkle (GTX260--896MB) that is based on the DDR2 internal memory set still would work since the connector on the card is PCI-express. Does the DDR2 memory (896MB DDR internal graphics memory) stop the communication with the DDR3 mainboard? Its a bit unfear since this was not the case between DDR1 up to DDR2. Why has there come up such a brickwall between DDR2 and DDR3. Or am I wrong?

A:DDR2 video card on a DDR3 mainboard?

I think you're confusing system RAM with video RAM, they're separate things. What's the model of your motherbaord? If it has a PCI-E slot your GTX 260 should work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ddr2-video-card-on-a-ddr3-mainboard.191647/
Relevancy 27.52%

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/nvidias_may_launch_geforce_700_series_gpus_computex_2013

I feel like there is some truth to this since nVidia doesnt really need a major refresh like AMD does.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-700-series-in-june.191591/
Relevancy 26.66%

Guys,I m planning to buy a new cpu.Just come to know that very soon this series will release.I have budget about 255$ for gpu.can u tell me when will it release?so I can afford more powerful gpu with this money.
Thanks.

A:When will the Radeon 8000 or GeForce 700 series be released?

Well, I wouldn't expect to see any HD 8XXX series card this year. However, I'm not so sure about Nvidia.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/when-will-the-radeon-8000-or-geforce-700-series-be-released.190670/
Relevancy 34.83%

4 month old Lenovo H430 running WIN 8, Intel I3 3.4ghz w/1 PCIe 2.0 slot. Upgraded to 8GB Corsair RAM, 550W Cooler Master PS, Nvidia GForce GTX 550 Ti. GPU worked fine for 2 months until I updated to latest drivers (as of 2/20/13). After driver update and reboot I get NO VIDEO. Disconnected power to GPU, switched back to integrated VGA, reboot and it works fine. Uninstalled everything Nvidia related. Used Driver Sweeper to make sure. Reinstalled GPU. Same results. Warranted GPU. Reinstall. Same results. Called Lenovo CS and decided PCIe was bad. Warranted MB. Installed GPU on NEW MB. Same results. Entered BIOS. Set integrated VGA to default. Connected power to GPU. Boot up and integrated video works. Attempt to install GPU drivers and it fails to recognize the GPU. Removed GPU, installed neighbors AMD GPU. Same results. This is obviously a software issue since 2 different MBs are failing to recognize anything in the PCIe slot. Please advise.

A:PCIe not working

First few questions that pop into mind:

Updated Bios?
Updated chipset drivers?
Updated VGA drivers?
Test with your neighbor's PSU

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pcie-not-working.190539/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi all, I have monitor gericom 2030 and it has some power board model that I cant find on sell, so I have buy one that is almost same with it. 4 plugs for invetors are same but one connection for t-con board is diffrent and on oroginal board I have pins (5V, 5v, GND, GND, 12v, BL, N/F) and on board that I have buy has ( 12v, 12v, GND, GND, 5v, 5v, GND, N.C, ON, DIM, MS ) So any suggests wich on wich one I should connect?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/different-power-board-on-monitor.190328/
Relevancy 28.38%

I'm Planning on a new build and it will be on the ASRock FM2A85X Extreme4 FM2 AMD A85X (Hudson D4) ATX and with the AMD A10-5800K Trinity APU w/Radeon HD 7660D and I need a discrete card to match the APU's graphics. Also with either 1866 or 1600 DDR3 ram with 1.65 or 1.5v at 16GB or 32GB. Any suggestions and advice would be great fully appreciated. also having problems finding a cpu cooler for the A10?

A:Compatible discrete card for AMD A10-5800K

Uhh, why do you want to match the APU graphics? What are your intentions with this build?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatible-discrete-card-for-amd-a10-5800k.189384/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi peeps hope you can shed some light on helping me decide what SSD to get I have a Gigabyte GA-X -USB MB which my i overclocked rig is built on I am in the middle of starting a new build but I am keeping this rig and thought about upgrading the last thing thats pretty much worth upgrading on it and thats an SSD At the mo it runs two TB samsung F s to old MB for SSD Compatible which I will keep for extra Compatible SSD for old MB storage but the MB in is old now and I dont think these Compatible SSD for old MB fancy SSD s will be compatible with it Here is the tec sheet for the MB Click me I think the xsata connections are sata so that limits my options so whats the best SSD I can get for this old board need one abut gig that plugs into the sata connections available OR Do I get one of these OCZ GB PCIe Thanks mucho for any advice Lee nbsp

A:Compatible SSD for old MB

It's SATA2 on that MOBO. New SSD's are SATA3, but they'll just run at the slower SATA2 speed.

So, get the cheapest most reliable one since any SSD r/w speeds are now faster than SATA2.

The SSD you linked is insanely fast, and also pretty darn expensive. It's up to you really - but it will run at max speed on your mobo.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatible-ssd-for-old-mb.189834/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi all

I have H61M-ITX board with 1 x PCI Express 3.0 x16 slot (blue @ x16 mode)
http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H61M-ITX/

I wan to install there PCI Express x 4 card:
http://dektec.com/Products/PCIe/DTA-2144/index.asp

I made clean Win XP SP3 install + all MB drivers on top. After I inserted pcie x4 card and boot up. Win XP didn't detect the card (though leds on card are blinking from periodically)

I then tied LAN adapter I have to check if all is fine with MB. I took this one:
http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/?categoryid=235&model=TG-3468

same behaviour - system doesn't see it but if I plug eth cable then leds on lan card blink.

please tell me what is wrong I do? I checked bios for anything related to PCIe and found nothing.

A:PCIe x4 card doesn't run in PCIe x16 slot

Have you tried updating your Intel chipset drivers? They can be found at Intel.com in the download center. They would have updates for the PCIe drivers and other assorted H61 chipset features.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pcie-x4-card-doesnt-run-in-pcie-x16-slot.189103/
Relevancy 28.38%

So apu are like the best Money to Cpu+Gpu in the market and I see it as one of the new revolution in the graphical technology surpassing intels hd 4000 by far I was wondering the Apu will ever be able to be compatible with a higher graphics card then the low profile 6670 it is already powerful at it is but imagine it with a higher boots a 7770 or 7850 idk if the cpu is still powerfull enough to not bottleneck by then tho

A:Will APUs ever be compatible with mid-range cards?

What is APU?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-apus-ever-be-compatible-with-mid-range-cards.188719/
Relevancy 46.01%

My current ram is DDR2 so will any DDR2 work?

A:If my RAM is DDR2, will any DDR2 work?

Its best to match the speed at which you know your motherboard will operate.

DDR2-533
DDR2-666
DDR2-800
DDR2-1066
Which motherboard (computer model number would suffice) do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/if-my-ram-is-ddr2-will-any-ddr2-work.188571/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello with 64-bit GT problem Windows GeForce 9800 Having GeForce 9800 GT problem with 64-bit Windows a problem with the GeForce GT precisely Windows -bit won t recognize it Previously I was using Windows XP Pro -bit and it worked fine At the moment I m using Windows -bit and no problems I have tried installing the latest drivers for Windows -bit but nothing seems to fix the problem Tried multiple times installing and uninstalling drivers as well as Windows doing clean installs etc My processor is AMD Phenom Tripe-Core GHz so it support -bit Windows Also I have GB of RAM I have read numerous threads about similar problems but the solution hasn t been clear It can t be video card s fault because it runs fine with -bit Windows and GeForce GT supports -bit When checking under device manager on -bit W I get the code for the video card Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems Also if I try to open NVIDIA Control Panel I get and error saying quot You are not currently using a display attached to and NVIDIA GPU quot but I am because my monitor is functioning Thank you in advance nbsp

A:GeForce 9800 GT problem with 64-bit Windows

Go here and try downloading the Windows 7 64-bit driver for your video card:
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Try the auto scan too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-9800-gt-problem-with-64-bit-windows.187662/
Relevancy 29.24%

I got a M5A99x Evo Re2.0, brand new board and the audio from the rear doesnt work at all when I plug the pink and green plugs. I have an HDMI connecting from my TV to my Gcard, I get audio through the TV but cant seem to get those jacks working. Ive used two different headsets to see if it might have been the headset itself. im really stumped.

A:New board, no sound from front or rear jacks

Have you gone into the sound menu in your control panel and set your default audio device to your headset?

If, under the "playback" tab, the HDMI output is ticked, then this is the problem.

Just click on the correct device(It should either list your headphones or say "high definition audio", or something similar) and then click "set default".

This should solve the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-board-no-sound-from-front-or-rear-jacks.188180/
Relevancy 27.95%

I was wondering if the better deal would be a GTX 670 for $319 or a GTX 660Ti for $239. Anyone care to comment?

A:GeForce GTX 660 Ti or 670?

List some games you play, the screen resolution you have, and other components on your PC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-gtx-660-ti-or-670.187595/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi,
I have an i5 3550 CPU and a NVidia 9400 GT 1 GB DDR2 Graphics Card.
Should I use the onboard graphics of my CPU for gaming, or should I use the card ?
Please suggest.

A:GeForce 9400 GT 1GB or i5-3550 inbuilt graphics?

Always use the 3rd party video card first...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-9400-gt-1gb-or-i5-3550-inbuilt-graphics.186527/
Relevancy 29.24%

Okay Here compatible? everything is build.. New s the list Motherboard A - Asus Crosshair V Formula AM Motherboard - ATX Socket AM AMD FX SB DDR MHz O C SATA III Gb s RAID -CH Audio Gigabit LAN USB PCIe CrossFireX Ready lbs CPU A - AMD FD FRHKBOX FX- Eight-Core GHz AM Processor - AM Eight-Core GHz MB W Unlocked lbs HDD TSD- HHTZ WD WD HHTZ VelociRaptor GB Workstation New build.. is everything compatible? Hard Drive - GB SATA Gb s Inch RPM MB lbs Case C - COOLER MASTER New build.. is everything compatible? Storm Stryker SGC- W-KWN Black and White Steel ATX Gaming Full Tower Computer Case - ATX MicroATX x quot Drive Bays x Converted quot Drive Bay x USB amp Ports Audio Por lbs Graphics Card A - Asus Radeon New build.. is everything compatible? HD HD - GD Video Card - GB GDDR PCI-Express x x Dual-link DVI-I x Dual-link DVI-D x HDMI x DisplayPort DirectX CrossFireX Overclocked lbs RAM P - atriot Viper Xtreme PXQ G C QK GB Low Latency Quad Kit - PC - MHz - - - V RoHS Compliant DDR lbs SSD C - Corsair Neutron GTX Series CSSD-N GBGTX-BK GB Internal Solid State Drive - quot Form Factor SATA III Gb s E-boost Technology lbs PSU CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX CMPSU- AX W ATX V v EPS V v PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Item N E FanCOOLER MASTER Hyper EVO RR- E- PK-R Continuous Direct Contact mm Sleeve CPU Cooler Compatible with latest Intel Item N E Blu-RayLG Black X BD-R X BD-RE X DVD R X DVD-RAM X BD-ROM MB Cache SATA BDXL Blu-ray Burner D Play Back WH NS - OEM Item N E THANKS nbsp

A:New build.. is everything compatible?

I don't see any compatibility issues.

If its a gaming rig you might consider HD 7800 series graphics.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-is-everything-compatible.187092/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi guys I have a problem that seems to be slowing down my already-crap of a PC A message keeps popping up with New Hardware Found Video Controller VGA compatible and telling me to install some drivers after I somehow unplugged and re-plugged my monitor cable Backround information So I did some homework went on the PCI database site and searched for the vendor and device numbers VEN and DEV Link to site http www pcidatabase com vendor details php id It gave me a link to it http downloads viaarena com WinXPE May xpesp km xp wishld logod v zip I downloaded it but I m too incompetent to take the next step required I extracted it with winrar and spent minutes searching for the setup or install button but the only application seems to be VTTimer I then downloaded DeviceDoctor and it told me should download a VIA Fast Ethernet Video (VGA controller compatible) Compatable Adapter I don t even know if the two are related and so I did Nothing happened SO I Video controller (VGA compatible) guess I m asking is the part about PCI database what I m suppose to be doing Am I doing it right If so how do I install the bastard Did I f ck up by using Device Doctor and Video controller (VGA compatible) downloading some random driver It was telling me to download a bunch of other things that didn t match the brand of my products How do I keep my drivers updated What do Really appreciate your time guys and thanks in advance If it helps I have an AOC monitor nbsp

A:Video controller (VGA compatible)

CIifford said:

<snip>
It gave me a link to it (http://downloads.viaarena.com/WinXPE/May05/xpesp2_km400_16944216_xp_wishld_logod_v20.zip), I downloaded it, but I'm too incompetent to take the next step required. I extracted it with winrar and spent 5 minutes searching for the setup or install button, but the only application seems to be VTTimer...
<snip>Click to expand...

No worries. The solution for that case is not at all obvious. See How to Install a Driver when there's no Installation .EXE file to run

SO. I guess I'm asking is the part about PCI database what I'm suppose to be doing? Am I doing it right? If so, how do I install the bastard?
Did I f*ck up by using Device Doctor and downloading some random driver? (It was telling me to download a bunch of other things that didn't match the brand of my products...)
How do I keep my drivers updated?Click to expand...

1. PCI database is a useful tool to help identify the device vendor and the device actually is. (e.g. a video chip vs. an Ethernet/network adapter). PCI database doesn't usually include the driver for a device tho in your case I see it did).

Example of how PCI database might help: you have a Dell computer so go to the Dell website and look up your computer model for drivers. And you find Dell lists 4 different drivers for 4 different video cards they have used in that machine!! PCI database would help identify which one is actually in your computer so you know which one to select

2. Those driver update tools can be helpful but also problematic. They will identify every driver matching a hardware ID but all drivers it finds isn't necessarily a fit for your OS or your hardware. Best advice is "If it ain't broke don't try to fix it" meaning only look for missing drivers. Trying to find the "correct" driver update can be a crap shoot

3. Number 2) above also means always create a system restore point before trying a driver you aren't sure of. At least it helps you back it out if the driver isn't right and causes problems

Hope that helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-controller-vga-compatible.186192/
Relevancy 27.52%

I noticed an awful noise in my tower just now and realized that the fan blade was loose on my video card and I took it out and I could pull the fan blade right off so my question is, are the fans replaceable on a 9800GT card or could I put the blade back somehow? Thanks

A:GeForce 9800GT fan

Does the fan look like this?

Try eBay for replacement fans. Just remember to look at the seller reputation and where the item is shipping from.
65mm Fan 4 9800GT

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-9800gt-fan.186176/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi in lots of games I play , in menu they lagg like the cursor delays to move from side to side + during cinematics they lagg alot !! now . ive been disappointed mostly by the game 'I AM ALIVE' an arcade game which some guys with less specs than mine can run it on high settings and I cant eeven play it on low and lowest resolution + in window mode !!!
my specs are :

CPU: AMD Athlon IIx4 620 ( 2.6 quad core )
GFX: Nvidia GeForce GT 430 1 GB ( with latest drivers updated)
RAM : 3 GBS DDR3
my native resolution: 1600x900

PLEASE Help me and tell me whats wrong in games . I really appreciate ur help . thanks

A:GeForce GT 430 problem :(

Probably a software issue (background process, driver, update etc). Your antivirus could also been the cause seeing as it affects a lot of games you play. If you just updated the drivers you could try rolling back a set but first make sure there is nothing running in the background or there aren't any updates downloading. Make sure the game is up to date as well and if it still jerks around maybe revert to defaults in NVIDIA control panel (if you've changed anything).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-gt-430-problem.185094/
Relevancy 27.52%

So my graphics card has been giving me some issues lately I am in game WoW The Walking Dead game Starcraft etc full screen high graphic capable games and frequently after a Geforce issues Nvidia 520 GT period of time the screen would just go black for a couple seconds and it would sound like the fan on the card is restarting and then the game would load back up rarely the game would just crash altogether and it would cause my computer to be unresponsive not able to ctrl alt delete my way out of Nvidia Geforce GT 520 issues it mouse pointer would be frozen as well forcing my to manually turn off the computer and turn it back on the most recent problem has been after the new WoW patch whenever the screen would go black for the few seconds to reboot where normally it would just reload the screen now the whole screen goes black I can see my task bar and whatever I have running in the background web browser normally for waiting for queues but the game program has disappeared even though I can still hear the game sounds and see the game cursor on a black screen It stays like this with no reload until I control alt delete my way out of the program I have completely uninstalled the graphics card and drivers reinstalled the card and reupdated the drivers still to no success Any help at all would be greatly appreciated OS NameMicrosoft Windows Vista Home Premium Version Service Pack Build Other OS DescriptionNot Available OS ManufacturerMicrosoft Corporation System NameDAHLIA-PC System ManufacturerDell Inc System ModelInspiron System Typex -based PC ProcessorAMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version DateDell Inc SMBIOS Version Windows DirectoryC Windows System DirectoryC Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume LocaleUnited States Hardware Abstraction LayerVersion quot quot Time ZoneEastern Daylight Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page FileC pagefile sys NameNVIDIA GeForce GT PNP Device IDPCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV A amp BE amp amp Adapter TypeGeForce GT NVIDIA compatible Adapter DescriptionNVIDIA GeForce GT Adapter RAM GB bytes Installed Driversnvd dumx dll nvwgf umx dll nvwgf umx dll nvd dum nvwgf um nvwgf um Driver Version INF Fileoem inf Section section Color PlanesNot Available Color Table Entries Resolution x x hertz Bits Pixel Memory Address xFD - xFE FFFFF Memory Address xF - xFEBFFFFF Memory Address xF - xF FFFFFF I O Port x D - x D F IRQ ChannelIRQ I O Port x B - x BB I O Port x C - x DF Memory Address xA - xBFFFF Driverc windows system drivers nvlddmkm sys MB bytes PM nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-gt-520-issues.184894/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi Can anyone please tell me whether the above video card will work in my computer I would also like to upgrade the ram but don t know if I should stay with what I have and just add another slot or change the ram My computer details are Personal Desktop S NZ - Dell Studio XPS Desktop Base System -Studio XPS Base Processor Options -Intel R Core TM i - in GeForce work GTX this Gigabyte will 670... computer? my Processor GHz MB -Intel R Core TM i Label Operating System -Pre-Loaded Genuine Windows Vista R Home Premium bit OEM Version -Genuine Windows Vista R Home Premium bit SP Edition English -Genuine Windows Vista R Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670... will this work in my computer? Home Premium Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670... will this work in my computer? bit SP English DVD Media Included -Vista QFE OS Home Premium bit SP -Dell TM PC Restore Software -Vista R HTML Guide Included -Dell TM Dock Software - -Genuine Windows Vista TM Premium label Included Dell Services Hardware M - -year XPS Premier Service with -year CompleteCo aintenance ver - Years Priority PC User x Support Round-The- Clock Technical Assistance Dell Services Datasafe B -Dell Online Backup GB ackup Service - MOD SW DTSV OL - MOD SW DTSV OL GB-free -To activate your online backup account go to Sta rt Programs Datasafe Online Freight Charges -Dimension Desktop XPS-MT Handling amp Insurance Cha rges Monitor -Dell S W quot Full HD Widescreen Flat Panel Mo nitor Memory - GB X GB DDR SDRAM MHz Memory nbsp

A:Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670... will this work in my computer?

What's your motherboard model and PSU?
You also need to check if the card will physically fit in the case, that card is 275mm long.

If you want to upgrade the RAM I'd recommend just getting a new 6GB kit, RAM is very cheap nowadays.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-670-will-this-work-in-my-computer.184749/
Relevancy 35.26%

That's what it says on the motherboard of my Dell Optiplex 755. I picked up a VisionTek Radeon 4350 512mb card to put in my Dell. I get a blank screen, even after disabling the on board device in Device Manager. I've tried all the ports, DVI, HDMI, and VGA, no video on any during boot-up.

I had a similar problem with a PNY GeForce 9500GT, but that at least had some type of video. I'm thinking I may not have enough power to the PCIe 2.0 x16 slot. I have an older GX 620 that has a Saphire Radeon 4650 that work fine, and that's an older machine.

Any Ideas?

A:PCIe 2.0 x16 @ 75w

You possibly need a different power supply. I know the Geforce 9500 gt requires 400watt power supply.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pcie-2-0-x16-75w.184116/
Relevancy 27.52%

I m trying to install a PNY GeForce GT Nvidia on a Dell GX P HT Ghz running XP nightmare GeForce PNY 9500GT I first tried to install it on a Dell Optiplex P D Ghz running Windows -bit Both give the PNY GeForce 9500GT nightmare same results after installing the card then drivers and reboot I get a blank screen on the Win machine and a broken graphics screen after the Windows logo on the XP machine I ve tried the latest drivers from Nvidia and the beta drivers from Techspot to have the same problem I think the card is conflicting with the on board GPU Intel G chipset I m trying to find a way to disable the on board GPU When I looked at the Resources I get this message Input Output Range B - BB used by Intel R G GZ P PL PCI Express Root Port - Input Output Range C - DF used by Intel R G GZ P PL PCI Express Root Port - Memory Range A - BFFFF used by Intel R G GZ P PL PCI Express Root Port - I ve tried to disable the Display Adapter in Device Manager before installing the card to no avail I really want to install this card so I can run two monitors Any Ideas nbsp

A:PNY GeForce 9500GT nightmare

You will need to go into your bios,To disable the on board graphics. First of all if you would not have tried to disable the on board graphics from the device manger. Your computer would have disable the on board graphics .For you when you installed the card. I don't know if xp will run this card. But I know win 7 does. You will need to make sure you have the latest 64 bit drivers. Hope this helps you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pny-geforce-9500gt-nightmare.183798/
Relevancy 29.24%

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

Sorry, don't know much about building PC's...but I am learning fast! Also, is my power supply high enough? Thanks in advance.

A:Is this all compatible?

the link is broken. Just write out your parts

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-all-compatible.183169/
Relevancy 27.52%

Good day guys I 8500GT My GeForce just um need your help guys regarding about my video card so here is the story last months I think is the day that I bought my video card I used it very fine with my desktop with no errors My GeForce 8500GT and bugs but recently few weeks before now I start my computer as I normally regularly do when suddenly my video card crashes ragged screen and I dont know what s the problem And unfortunately the shop where I bought the card doesnt allow replacement and returns So I try to figure out the problem First I rebooted for three times but the ragged discolored screen is still there and I noticed that in the boot screen there are some errors the word quot RAM quot in the quot MB RAM quot becomes quot RAE quot etc and the resolution of my screen becomes something like x Second I try to boot with quot Repair Computer quot and quot Safe Mode quot and try to fix something in there also I tried to use System Restore but failed to fix it Third I checked if it was overheating or look for something like burnings in the video card itself but failed to find any Fourth I remove and reattached it and repeat the boot for x again I failed I repeat this process but now after I cleaned the video card PCI-E Slot Motherboard etc Fifth I re-checked all of my drivers but all up to date do whole computer scan and boot scan but it couldnt find any virus or errors Sixth I uninstall and reinstall my drivers but unfortunately failed to fix it also do I have to replace the thermal paste in the chip Because it looks dried up After trying these steps I got the idea to ask online for help I read about baking video cards but I dont want to risk my only graphics card and also we dont have microwave My Video Card is Nvidia GeForce GT DDR MB now I m just using the motherboard s integrated graphics Unit All other informations about my system is in the link https skydrive live com cid C AE D amp id C AE D Please help me to fix my video card Thanks nbsp

A:My GeForce 8500GT

"(also do I have to replace the thermal paste in the chip? Because it looks dried up)" Yes, clean off the old thermal paste and apply a small amount of new paste. Also make sure that the heat sink is clean and free from dust

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-geforce-8500gt.182715/
Relevancy 27.09%

Was wondering if the AMD 7970M outperforms the GTX 580 desktop card. I am only asking this since I heard it on some forums, just wanted to double-check (google no yielding any search results).

A:Radeon HD 7970M vs GeForce GTX 580 (desktop)

Iv read that the 580m loses heavily to the 7970m, Not sure about the desktop version.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-hd-7970m-vs-geforce-gtx-580-desktop.180707/
Relevancy 29.24%

I ve been having some problems with my computer concerning speed and with a very short search I have found the problem My computer has only one GB of RAM That explains it In search of new RAM cards for my computer I have stumbled upon this one on ebay that might work I just want to get the confirmation PC? my Is this RAM compatible with from you guys Those RAM cards http www ebay com itm Kingston- G pt US Memory RAM amp hash item a d Hurry I only have about days until it s sold To assist you Here is my computer now It only has RAM slots and only works with DDR types of RAM It has a very decent CPU speed at about GHz I strongly believe that the PIN size needed for the cards is I looked it up Some questions that I need answered What is the maximum allowed RAM on this computer Is the RAM compatible Is Is this RAM compatible with my PC? this a good amount to pay for it or is there another cheaper way Should I buy a new computer or just stick with this one In advance Thank you for your help -Techtrainee nbsp

A:Is this RAM compatible with my PC?

There is not enough information. We need to know which computer you have or at least which motherboard you have in the PC.

Many motherboards only support 1GB per memory slot. There is no way of knowing if your motherboard will support 2GB per slot, without first looking up the information.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-ram-compatible-with-my-pc.182134/