Windows Support Forum

Outlook 2003 Email crash

Q: Outlook 2003 Email crash

I have thousands of emails I can't access. I have almost 2gb of email in outlook 2003 and it wont open. Please help.
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Outlook 2003 Email crash

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 21.93%

The $35 Raspberry Pi 2 launched earlier this month sporting a wealth of upgrades and apparently, one of the most peculiar hardware bugs in recent memory.

Read more

A:Weird bug alert: A simple xenon camera flash can crash a Raspberry Pi 2

Reminds me of what a big solar flare could do.
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi I ve got a XPS M Vista Dell crash up on booting M1530 XPS SP and I have recently experienced some problems This morning the screen would remain black while the laptop made the usual start up sounds and then did nothing The power button remained lit After some googling I had found a solution heating the gpu I found the info in a thread on this forum So I opened up my laptop but I was not able to remove the heat sink a screw that just wouldn t open so I Dell XPS M1530 crash on booting up determined through pictures where the gpu was and heated the area of the heat sink under which the gpu lies with a hair dryer I did this till the area above the gpu was too hot to touch Afterwards I started my laptop up and I didn t have the black screen it just booted up as usual However before I got past the dell screen it crashed I assumed it was overheating but after waiting some time I booted up again and got past the dell screen and had a boot up screen asking me to do a diagnostic and recovery thingie because there might be a software or hardware failure It proceeded to do this but after some time during the test it crashed again After booting it immediately back up it crashed before I got past the Dell screen After waiting a long time I tried again and this time it got further through the diagnostic test but eventually crashed again Now when I try the load bar on the dell screen goes extremely slowly and the laptop crashes before it gets past that stage it crashes slowly if I didn t try to start it before rapidly if I just experienced a crash Sorry for the long post but does anybody have an idea what I can do about this nbsp

A:Dell XPS M1530 crash on booting up

heated the area of the heat sink under which the gpu lies with a hair dryer. I did this till the area above the gpu was too hot to touch.Click to expand...

Where did you get the advise to do this You should have come here first for some honest advise.

Heat is not a good thing for any electronic device. What you have done may have finished off a processor that was already half baked. I doubt if there is a way to recover from this other than replacing the GPU.

When you quote the GPU are you sure you are not confusing this with CPU. As far as I can see from your sytems manual, on the Dell site, the gahics card has no heat sink so you probably cooked your CPU. The heat sink is there for just one reason, to get rid of heat.
Relevancy 19.78%

We had:

1) 1 Windows Server 2003 running Active Directory services to manage logon and permissions for file sharing.
2) 15 workstations.

We now want to have:

1) 1 Windows Server 2008 R2 server running Active Directory services to manage logon and permissions for file sharing.
2) 15 same workstations, with their same user profiles.

So I joined the 2008 R2 server to the domain, and then used the dcpromo tool to make it a domain controller.

Problem is, whenever I take the old server offline, (the 2003 one) everything flips out, logons are slow, and the 2008 server gives people trying to access shared files weird errors like that the server that authenticated them cannot be contacted, and asks them to log in again with their username and password before accessing shared files on the server.

What did I do wrong? I must be forgetting something.

A:Replacing a Windows 2003 AD DS server with a 2008 R2 AD DS server

1. Transfer all FSMO roles to your 2008 R2 server
2. Uninstall AD on 2003 server
3. You can now permanently take 2003 server offline
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi all this is driving me nuts Fresh windows SP setup Problems Server on 2003 reading USB HDD 2TB x Buffalo tb external USB hard drives It worked for me a few day ago with no problems I was able to read and write Yesterday I went to configure backups and this is what is happening Drive detected in device manager in disk manager comes up as basic disc with partition of GB but doesn t say NTFS and so has no drive letter when clicked Problems reading 2TB USB HDD on Server 2003 on properties getting error message quot The operation canceled due to an internal error quot If I try format partition diskman locks Problems reading 2TB USB HDD on Server 2003 up I can delete partition ok Tried creating a small Gb partition but still having same issue I can read USB memory sticks ok All hdds are behaving the same way on server All are perfectly workable on another computers W XP I have tried re-installing chipset drivers - didn t help The only major change I can recall since it was working - ESET Antivirus was installed but I don t think it could be a problem Please Help nbsp

A:Problems reading 2TB USB HDD on Server 2003

Usually you will need a 64 Bit system to be able to read any drive with a total compacity of over 500 gigabytes. If possible I would suggest upgrading to Windows Server 2012 in order to fully take advantage of your TB drives.
Relevancy 23.22%

Ever since I let my dad "clean up" my computer, every time I log in I get this message saying "DataManager has crashed". It's been getting worse and worse. Sometimes while I'm on my laptop for a bit, I get a second random application that crashes and now most of the time when I go on Youtube, Adobe Flash Player crashes!? Please give me a hand...

A:DataManager crash after log in (Windows 7)

Sounds Like your dad deleted something he should have not. Is there away for you to go back to a windows restore point before he clean your Laptop. This may solve your problem.
Relevancy 28.81%

hi all my daughter has told me she used to press the email button on her laptop and access her emails now it doesnt access the emails sorry not uch info .but does anyone have a clue what is wrong or what I could do or try thanks

A:Can't access email from email button

Does the laptop come w/ a program to customize keyboard settings? Maybe that a look at that. My Logitech keyboard came w/ a program called Setpoint which allows me to choose what email program to open when the button is pressed. I had an eMachine keyboard w/ an email button that opens up the default email program. So that's something else to check. Maybe the computer forgot what the default email program is.
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello Guys I am having this strange issue with my computer I have msi radeon graphic card installed I wanted to use msi afterburner and ati and ATI MSI tool Afterburner crash tray tray tool both latest version so I installed both of them Fist I installed msi afterburner and started the program then my computer feezed I had to restart my computer with restart button as nothing was working Tried times but no luck I then installed Ati tray tool made sure catalyst MSI Afterburner and ATI tray tool crash center not running on background and it s the same whenever I start these program my computer just freezes with nothing worknig I had to restart with restart button What s going on About months ago I was using these two program without any issue The CCC drive was maybe or less I think Back then CCC drivers use to fluctuate clock speed so I MSI Afterburner and ATI tray tool crash have to set a profile in Ati tray tool Then from it was improved I think so I didn t needed those programs and uninstalled them both I don t know what s going on now I can t start these programs I have cleaned all amd drivers with driver sweeper and installed the new beta one msi afterburner even didn t worked on driver Please help me guys as I haven t got clue what s wrong with my PC nbsp

A:MSI Afterburner and ATI tray tool crash

Never mind guys.It was amd driver issue I think.I have to reinstall whole windows.Now it's working fine.No replies after 5 days?It seems there aren't many experts left in this forum as it use to be before 2/3 years back.
Relevancy 22.79%

I just created a temporary 2003 sbs server to test a new payroll system. I used an HP 1520Y as the server. It installed fine, but I can't map to it or from it. When I try to browse it shows all the computers on the network but won't Connect to them. When I browse to it from my client I can see it but when I try connect nothing happens. I know I'm missing something stupid.

Thanks in advance,

A:Mapping to or from Windows SBS 2003

Did you setup DNS Server, DHCP Server, Active Directory?
Are you on a Domain?
Are all your systems connected to the Cisco Catalyst Managed Switch and using Cisco Router.
Are the system seeing all the nodes on your network?
Are the client licences setup correctly.
Relevancy 20.21%

I have windows XP. There are instructions on the net to use NTBACKUP.MSI. Even though I downloaded the file the computer can't find the file.

Whats the best way to back up to a portable hard drive on a regular basis?

I also would like to back up my address book to the portable hard drive.

Thanks Heaps

A:Back up XP + email addresses to portable hard drive

What email program are you using?
Relevancy 40.85%

Im trying to set up an email in outlook 2007 with ms exchange 2003. Under the exchange proxy settings, i set the connection settings to RPC.domain, and check the box that says "Only connect to proxy servers that have this principal in their certificate: I use the "msstd:rpc.domain

A:MS Outlook connection with Exchange 2003

Sorrry, I accidently posted before i was finished. but I get an error message saying "the connection to ms exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or conncected to complete this action. Can anyone help me with this. Much appreciated.
Relevancy 23.22%

Just wondering if anyone can help. My dvd drive crashed when i was burning files onto a dvd. now all the files are gone. anyone know what i can do to access the files on the dvd? do data recovery programs really help? has this happened to anyone else? is there a way to retrieve the already burned files, or is it a lost cause?

A:DVD drive crash, lost files

No files left on the hard drive? What program did you use to copy the files to the DVD drive? Can you read the DVD on another computer?
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello all, just set up a server running server 2003 and exchange 2003. Configured dns and mx records. I could send and recieve e-mails internally within the network, but when trying to send from my gmail account I get an error. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

A:Exchange Server 2003 sending e-mail externally problem

I know this is an old post, but are you still having problems with mail. Also, are you having problems sending mail to an external email account or receiving mail from an external account?
Relevancy 22.79%

i keep getting this message your driver has recovered kernel mode driver 257.8 something like this of course near to the loads of crashes i had while playing games or some times while i am just using the internet, i tried all the nvidia drivers the old the new and i tried also all dell drivers i have the latest updates for the windows and this laptop is just 2 months old. using nvidia 260m gtx sli. need help plz

A:Alienware m17x crash hang freeze

Try running memtest. Search for YUMI Multiboot. Download and follow instructions.
Relevancy 23.22%

I have an old MSI K crash, enter cannot Old PC BIOS N Delta motherboard with a Athlon CPU Recently the computer started acting flakey and it finally crashed and would not POST I suspected a bad PSU The following troubleshooting has been done replaced Old PC crash, cannot enter BIOS PSU with a new working one PC posts passes memory test but does not proceed further cannot enter BIOS when holding DEL key disconnected hard drives jumpered CMOS battery PC Posts splash screen defaults cannot enter BIOS when holding DEL key removed CMOS battery PC Posts splash screen defaults cannot Old PC crash, cannot enter BIOS enter BIOS when holding DEL key I don t know what else to do I am concerned the mobo might be fried I really don t want to throw a whole lot of money in this year old computer as it is so ancient The only thing left is to remove the wifi card and fax card update took out all extra cards also tested Old PC crash, cannot enter BIOS ram cards one by one all still the same I even changed keyboards I think the mobo is toast but I do welcome suggestions nbsp

A:Old PC crash, cannot enter BIOS

Maybe the RAM isn't really passing the test. If the BIOS is set for quick boot, doesn't it skip the memory test? If so, try using one RAM stick at a time as see if it changes anything. If you have access to any other compatible RAM to test with, that might help. I don't know if that would affect the inability to enter the BIOS but that's all I can think of to try at the moment.
Relevancy 21.07%

We host a domain '' with and use the same to provide us with emails to all our staff. The 'Servie Provider' provides facility to capture the incoming emails to another account. My concern is the email that our staff send from the individual Pc's in the workgroup/domain which I need to monitor and filter anly selected email. I would like to mention an example the emails that our sales staff send to suppliers must be blocked while to the cutomers should be allowed. Additional features to the device is welcome.
Relevancy 23.22%

So I have my friends tower Most games (friend's crash PC) over at my house because he says every time he goes to play games after about - Mins it ll crash to the desktop For example Half Life will open and then a message pops up saying the exe has stopped responding and close Empire Total War has crashed without an error message and Company of Heros crashes with an error message that isn t helpful I don t know what to do I opened the case and checked all the connections and organized the wires and everything is plugged in properly However I think it could be a couple factors in which I don t know how to fix His parts listed below or his OS which I think is a a torrented OS and not a store bought legit one Anyway help is appreciated Specs Windows Ultimate bit Most games crash (friend's PC) Gb Hard drive Most games crash (friend's PC) Rosewall watt Intel Core i Ghz Gb RAM don t know the brand probably generic Radeon HD gb memory nbsp

A:Most games crash (friend's PC)

If it is indeed a torrented OS then begin and end there.
Relevancy 22.79%

i HAve server 2003. i have already installed sound driver in it. And I Already Started Windows Audio service From Service.msc.

Config :- Operating System: Windows server 2003 Standard
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: LENOVO
System Model: 9789A13
BIOS: Lenovo BIOS Version: 51KT47A.ROM V4.7A
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4600 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 3318MB RAM
Page File: 526MB used, 4684MB available

My Sound was working Earlier. but They instantly Stop working.....

Will You Plz HElp me with his TRouble shout...

SERVER 2003 Standard.

A:Sound not working on Server 2003

What make/model computer??

List any Problem Devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report

Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)
Relevancy 22.36%

I'm looking to learn more about being a network admin (as well as 30 other IT jobs at my current employer) and was hoping someone on here could point me in the right direction for Windows Server Edition 2003. I don't need to get the certificate, but a general understanding of the functions and such would be of great help. That is to say how to run a DHCP, DNS, Relays, the works.
With that I am looking to work on learning more about the most up to date Windows certification in regards to network administration (for a project in my free time.) I figure since I'm looking into CIS and Business for college I might as well get working on network adminship certification, start off on a good note, right?
Thanks for any help in advance. Such help includes the aforementioned requests or any number of quips and witty or sarcastic comments.

A:Looking for a guide on network adminship for Windows Server 2003

Found some stuff from Microsoft by the name of "DreamSpark" which has a bunch of free programs for college students. It's a good few thousand dollars worth of stuff, just sign up with them through your college email. There are tutorials and all that as well.
Relevancy 18.92%

Hello all,
I'm suffering froma troubling problem with a Windows 7 system.
This system has a boot HDD (C and data storage RAID5 array (D. The system locked up hard requiring a power down to get Windows operational gain.

The sytem is fine now, except the ~3 TB RAID5 array is not seen by W7. The W7 disk managment snap-in reports that the 2793.97 GB "drive" exists, but the status is "Unknown" and "not initialized". Needless to say, the drve was online and contained LOTS of data before the crash. Due to it's size, the drive was GPT.

I ran a synchronize on the RAID 5 array and that finished w/o error, so I assume the actuall array is fine.

Any recommendations for what utllity/diagnostic/etc. to try next?

Further info: The RAID 5 is a creation of the AMD SB750 "southbridge", which uses tech licensed by Promise Technology.
Relevancy 21.93%

I apologize in advance if this topic is not in the right forum I am having serious issues with my Dell Inspiron with XP bit Media Center Edition I bought a Seagate Inspiron crashed... crash motherboard also? 1520 drive did Dell hard gb rpm hard drive about months ago and got a message this morning saying quot read failure on internal hard drive quot I am pretty sure it died as I ve slaved the hard drive to another computer and it s not being recognized but the motor is still going On to my main question here How Dell Inspiron 1520 hard drive crashed... did motherboard crash also? do I know that it s not the motherboard that has gone out I ve been having problems here lately with my quickset drivers as well as my video card drivers but I thought that problem had been resolved I ve also been infected with countless virus s and trojans as of late even though I have anti-virus programs malware programs I had the quot google redirect Dell Inspiron 1520 hard drive crashed... did motherboard crash also? quot for the past month and was finally able to get it off just Saturday My motherboard crashed about years ago and was replaced under warranty I ve read that the motherboards in this particular model are crap I am worried about my motherboard as I put another hard drive in the computer and I just kept getting BDOSs but it was too fast for me to see an error code This hard drive is configured for Vista bit and is for a different model Dell and different motherboard so I am not sure if that would make it not work My second question would be if I had to replace my motherboard would I have to go back with OEM equipment or could I upgrade it and how would I go about seeing what is compatible Any help is much appreciated as I am not so great with hardware problems nbsp

A:Dell Inspiron 1520 hard drive crashed... did motherboard crash also?

There's no reason to think it's the board.
Did you make a warranty claim on the drive?
Did you install XP on the replacement drive, or just try to use it as is? A repair install may solve the problem, but a clean install would be better.
Relevancy 23.22%

I recently upgraded my PC by buying a new CPU AMD 5200+ 2.70Ghz overclocked to 3.0Ghz and all games started crashing.Here's my PC's specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte-GA69VM-S2
CPU: AMD 5200+ 2.70Ghz currently 3.00Ghz
Video Card: Galaxy GTS250 512MB GDDR3
RAM: 3x1GB Super Talent
HDD: Seagate 500GB
PSU: Fortron 400W

For example when I start GTA IV the PSU starts making a loud noise and after 15 min the game freezes.Not only GTA IV but Crysis,Metro 2033,Need for Speed Shift...

All temperatures are normal except the motherboard. It was stable until I bought the new CPU. The old one was AMD 4000+ 2.1Ghz
CPU:30 to 40 degrees on standby when playing maximum 60
Video Card:45 degrees on standby and up to 65 while playing
Motherboard: 45 degrees on standby and up to 67 when playing
All help would be appreciated

A:Most games crash while playing. Could this be a PSU problem?

Yes it sounds like a problem. The next thing you're going to hear is probably a "pop," if you're unlucky. Upgrade to a quality 450 watt psu or higher, asap.
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello, i recently built myself a gaming computer, and bought Half-life 2. the game opens and loads fine, but then as i am playing it will freeze for a few seconds then my monitor will say "no input from rgb", this is a regular thing but it does not happen at any specific point in the game, sometimes i can play up to about 20 mins and sometimes i can take 1 step forward in game. i have never had any issues with any other games. i have all the settings in game on the lowest possible. I have no ideas what the problem might be, i have tried all the standard things such as updating graphics drivers.

my pc spec:
Amd Athlon 64 X2 4200+
2gb of ram
Ati radeon hd 3600 512mb
and i'm running windows xp home SP3
650watt psu
Relevancy 20.64%

Right ok, I have a probably simple request, but its baffling me. I need to have my iPod and PC download emails. But I need it so that, if i delete an email of my iPod, it isn't there on my PC, and vice versa. But I need it too so that if I download the emails to my iPod, I can still access them on my PC.

I'm using a firefox extension called SimpleMail, that has options for POP3 and IMAP, and is useful and quick compared to thunderbird for me.

I've tried it, but just can't figure it out! A detailed step-by-step guide, would be HUGELY appreciated. Probably put this in the wrong section too, but its the best I could think off.

A:Email setup help needed, for iPod and PC!

Basicaly any email account with IMAP would be able to do that: Gmail, MobileMe & even Yahoo! offer such services.

Emails are available on all the machines using the IMAP account & even your replies are copied over to all the machines so you can still access them from another machine than the one where you wrote them from.
Relevancy 22.79%

hi guys,

in my network, i have two windows 2003 server. in the event viewer it is showing ntds replication error. when i tried nslookup it is showing the error
"can't find server name for address domain." is my dc and dns server.

any help will be greatly appreciated..

A:DNS problem in Windows Server 2003

hmm; better check that address. x.y.z.1 is usually the router address, or
if your server is between the ISP and your clients:
then it is the address of the second NIC (which should work)
Relevancy 22.79%

I got this problem with my grafic card that it, crashes when my grafic card reach about 61c degrees, and that aint much, pretty weird. Sometimes its a black screen/color screen. And i want to know if you got any idea what the problem could be.

A:Radeon 5890 1gb graphics card crash

Maybe it's because there's no such thing as a Radeon 5890 Unless you mean a 4890 or 5870, in which case I would check that all your connections and that your power supply is up to the job.
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello all!

I have bought some new RAM for my Lenovo Computer. It supports up to 2GB of RAM, so i have bought 2GB. It origionally had 1GB.

When i exchange the 2 512mb modules for the 2 1GB modules the computer will boot as normal but then crash/ freeze on the desktop!

The make of the RAM is crucial, and the RAM before was crucial. (it was also recommended by crucial).

I have gone into the BIOS looking for any Memory/RAM settings aswell as voltage settings but can't find anything!

Does anyone have any idea why this could be happening?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:RAM upgrade causes computer to crash....?

whats the OS your using.?
Relevancy 23.22%

My motherboard supports 1GB DDR PC 3200 sticks, with 2 banks for a total of 2GB of memory.
Both banks are working properly, smaller sticks work fine. I have installed each of the sticks separately and they work fine. When both are installed, after about 10 minutes the computer shuts down.
Any suggestions on how to fix the problem?

A:Memory upgrade causes pc to crash

are they the same modules?
Relevancy 23.65%

hi everyone.
sorry for my bad english and sorry if i posted in a wrong section.
i have a problem with my pc.
my computer radmoly has crash like this.
i take my xfx gtx 280 to assistance, but they told me they tested it for two days with 3d bechmark software noticed no problems.
i dont think is a driver's problem, i change it and i tried various, but nothing change.
i also fomattted already.
if someone know how to resolve or know what is the problem please help me

A:Colored crash

It'd be more helpful if you gave a detailed report of the problem. What exactly do you mean by a coloured crash? When does it happen?
Relevancy 23.22%

I recently bought a Gainward GT MB but I m having some troubles when running games - after I play something for example Modern Warfare NBA k for - minutes the screen just freezes then flickers and I gotta either close the game via task manager or reset my computer Or when I play a movie sometimes the screen freezes sound continues and then it goes back to normal in a few secs I thought my old W PSU was not after freeze/crash mins 10 or Games less powerful enough to supply the card Games freeze/crash after 10 mins or less sufficiently so I bought a new Fortron W but the problems remained Could this mean that my GPU is faulty It s about days old My computer specs are W PSU Intel C D E GHz x GB RAM Kingston DDRII HDD - Seagate GB SATA CD DVD ROM Gainward GT MB When I check the temperature after a game crashes it s about - degrees I did a RAM Check using memtest and i stressed the GPU using Video Card Stress Test It got up to degrees for about mins and got no artifacts or freezes or anything like that My CPU temps are I m using Windows XP SP and I ve installed the most recent drivers I ve tried using older drivers but that didnt work either Sometimes when games crash I also get a BSOD I opened the crash dump files and here s the info WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl exe Windows XP Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x compatible Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Machine Name Kernel base x d PsLoadedModuleList x c Debug session time Mon Nov GMT System Uptime days Unable to load image ntoskrnl exe Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl exe Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for nv disp dll Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck EA d b c b ebcbc Unable to load image watchdog sys Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for watchdog sys ERROR - could not read driver name for bugcheck parameter Probably caused by nv disp dll nv disp CDP GPU lt CCurie gt CDP GPU lt CCurie gt So should I try some particular version of NVidia drivers Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Games freeze/crash after 10 mins or less

Sounds like u have some type of clocking issue or temp problem...

First use CPUz, check out all setings,
then use HW monitor, to check CPU temp, and MOBO temps, and voltages.
3.) use GPUz to check out your video card settings...
4.) run a MEM test in dos, to see if u have any falty ram...
5.) check all bios settings... something could be configured wrong.

well, thats all i'v got... hope this helps
Relevancy 22.79%

I recently removed my hard drive and connected it to my desktop in or to scan for malware and virus. after connecting via USB/sata adaptor i rcvd alert that drive was completely blank! now what. i reinserted drive into laptop and attempted pc restore only to have it fail upon restart. An attempt at reinstalling XP with the reinstall disc leaves me frozen after choosing fresh copy.

A:Dell 1520 hard drive crash

looks like you need a new HDD, if you can give me how much you want to spend i can help you out. also do you live in USA
Relevancy 22.79%

Hey i brought a new pc 2days ago and im already hitting issues, it appears the sound is cutting out and only a restart is fixing it. Its happend three times so far, third time the sound going followed by video going slow then the usbs cut out. So im struggling to see whats happening.

My pc specs:
Windows 7 Home Preium 64-bit
Intel Core i5 processor 650
ATI Rodeon - HD 5570 1024MB
4GB DDR3 RAM memory

This makes no sense because the drivers are up to date, its a fresh computer, i have nortan so no viruses. Automatic updates are up to date.

I hope someone has some clue to this problem

Thanks Sean

A:Sound cutting out leading to slight comp crash

What motherboard are you using, did you use drivers off the cd that came with the hardware or did you download them from the internet
Relevancy 23.22%

symptoms Whenever i play certain games that require heavy load in graphic after about - min the screen would go blank either grey black or orangish the sound would continue for - sec and goes into a machine gun like sound loop The computer would lock up and i would have to restart When i restart my monitor would get no signal and would have to leave the computer off for - min before turning it back on for my monitor to display My computer runs fine for months without turning it off when i play games like starcraft beta heroes of newerth silkroad online different clients which brings my ram up out game problem crash figure 3d Help to - running Help figure out 3d game crash problem and runs for a week straight i also did a memtest and have some mem error i dont know if it is the cause of the crash since i run other things and it runs fine Only when i play heavy graphic games like ghost busters and alien vs predator that the error occurs and i also set all the graphic on low and resolution is x my desktop resolution is x I have looked around the web and found many issues related to my symptoms Im wondering if it can be a overheating issue voltage issue ram issue bios issue or nvidia driver issue or my monitor im using a samsung monitor and i found that some samsung monitor has problems with the DVI causing no signal Specs OS Windows x Mobo MSI K N SLI V CPU AMD Phenom quad-core GPU XFX GT alpha dog edition driver G ram PSU Antec truepower new w nbsp

A:Help figure out 3d game crash problem

I had an MSI K9N Platinum and it would never run right with more than 2 gigs of RAM. Try running with 4 gigs. Some motherboards can get really touchy with all DIMM slots populated. Also make sure that your RAM timings are set right in the BIOS.
Relevancy 23.22%

I carried my pc Showing No Crash, PC Signal Monitor over my mom s house today it was working fine and then when I was on my regular basis chatting on MSN the screen went black PC Crash, Monitor Showing No Signal and the monitor showed No PC Crash, Monitor Showing No Signal Signal although the mp was still playing for seconds after seconds the mp got stuck as well i resetted pc it happened after some hours again again and its happening again and again It never happened in my old house I checked all cards and stuff if anything moved or something The only difference is that I got a different monitor here and since the monitor cable doesn t suit my gts I use a converter for it to fit What would be the problem Got only x gb ram stick since when I pushed another one in most likely the pc crashed randomly the same way it crashes now no signal music plays for PC Crash, Monitor Showing No Signal some at least that was the case months ago using x ram for months so don t know anything changed Creative sound card which I dont use An ethernet card And gts Intel core duo processor Thanks already Edit Format fixed it weird nbsp
Relevancy 23.22%

Ok so heres my rig No overclocks Asus P T Deluxe Motherboard Intel Core i at ghz GTX gb of DDR Corsair ram at mhz Ultra X watt power supply My issue is that in just issue stop won't Crash that certain games Crysis Guild Wars Warhammer online Call of duty etc I will play flawlessly for a certain amount of time then it will crash The screen will turn to a solid color the color is always different and is usually the most used color on the screen at the time At this point my PC is completely un responsive and must be turned off Crash issue that just won't stop manually There is no blue screen on start up I have a short video on youtube showing this issue if you type in quot computer crash in games quot Crash issue that just won't stop my youtube name is kryptx ok so heres what i tried - Like anyone i guessed it was a graphics card issue and so i RMA ed my video card Crash issue that just won't stop The new card didnt change anything - I then re-installed windows completely wiping the hard drive This didnt change anything - next i looked to the CPU I measured it on load and all temps were normal It also passed every CPU test out there - RAM was my next suspect But i ran memtest on each individual stick times Still nothing I spent so much money to get a dream PC and it crashes constantly I just want to fix this Please anyone any advice is very helpful I pray that someone here has an answer you would make my day Thank you so so much for your time nbsp

A:Crash issue that just won't stop

Hi there,

Could you please attach the latest 3-4 mini dump files to your next post.

They can be found in

Start > My Computer > Local Disk C: > Windows > Minidump

Someone will be able to debug them for you
Relevancy 22.79%

I ve seen quite a few threads from searching google but the people have never posted the solution I don t believe this is the squeal of death and it only occurs on select games Namely Crysis World In Conflict Borderlands Defense Grid The Awakening Now the first two are system intensive but the last is not in any way system intensive I could probably run versions of this game AND I can play fallout on high settings and i ve not experienced a single crash even after playing for hours Crysis crashes within minutes every time without fail Even after leaving my computer overnight On that does anybody else have any suggestions My gpu under load is c but I played like that high with need tone Desparately crash help... constant pitched for hours before on another game i have the logs of the fpu and not crash Yet I play crysis which usually steadies c and it crashes within minutes What I m hoping for is somebody who has had this exact issue and found a fix or somekind of compatibility settings I can test or a diagnostics program which will save a log of everything every second like temps and voltage usage etc ANY help is greatly greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Desparately need help... crash with constant high pitched tone

Have you opened your case to try and ascertain where the high pitched tone is coming from?

You make it sound like it is constant. Do you get these issue at any other time? What are your graphic card temperature parameters per manufacturer?

80C = 176F
Relevancy 18.06%

I am new to Exchange Server 2003 and I have a friend with a network server that I don't know how to re-establish a user to the network. I moved one of his non used computers to this station and now when I try to log in the user I get the error that the name can't be verified because Outlook is not connected or online. This computer used to be online with a different user. Can anyone tell me the steps to check this? Thanks.

A:Outlook not connected in Microsoft Exchange Server

You would benefit from the server handbook or an outlook manual... too much to explain here in usable terms, methinks.
Relevancy 24.08%

hi all,

this is my 1st post and my query is bit unusual. i want to know is there any way to crash a hdd programetically. if yes, then how. what is that code. i need that. i know it is a very doubtful query, i mean why anybody should want to crash his/her hdd. but belive me i need it.

thanks in advance

A:Hdd crash

getting revenge on someone? I'm not sure that even if the moderators in techspot knew how, that they would give you information on how to adhere destructive methods towards any part of a computer.
Relevancy 22.79%

I have been trying to fix this problem for some time now. The problem appears to stem from video-related issues... One day, I started up my laptop - the windows startup screen, on my monitor it was showing 6 (or was it 8) windows startup screens, then it went to the login screen which was also showing muliple screens. Windows did prompt that the NVIDEA driver nvdnkkka something or other(not sure about this one) had stopped and had recovered. The next time I started up my laptop the same problem occurred. This problem seems to result in some type of system crash as well...Anyone out there have any suggestions? I'm all out of steam on this one. I have already downloaded the driver update for this video adapter, but still to no avail. -Mike

A:HP dv2600 vid problems resulting in system crash

This should have been posted in the Mobile Computing forum. A laptop is a mobile computer... You don't say what version of Windows you are running. If XP, you might try doing an XP repair
Relevancy 23.22%

Okay so yesterday I went to a friend s house to help him build his computer I let him wire it and didn t notice that he wired the audio incorrectly We started up the computer everything was fine - OS was running smoothly temperatures were low no funny noises all seemed good When he plugged in his microphone the entire computer crashed We opened up the case and I saw that he had plugged the audio in the wrong place on the motherboard When we attempted to turn the computer back on it kind of did go on all LED s on fans on HDD light on etc etc But the monitor displayed something along the lines of quot No signal quot We double checked to see if the graphics card was seated correctly if it was getting power if the wires to the graphics card in microphone after plugging Crash were connected properly and they were so no problem there So Is there any way to fix this We are going to try clearing CMOS first One more question On page of the online manual Google quot DX SO Manual quot it gives information about the BIOS configuration jumper Do we set it to - or none in order to fix this Here are specs if it helps Intel Core i GB RAM EVGA GTX SSC Core Intel DX SO Motherboard Seagate GB HDD RPM nbsp

A:Crash after plugging in microphone

I would put it on 2-3 first and see what options that menu has, one may be to restore bios defaults, which is what you'd want to choose. If that isn't an option, then I'd do the <none> to apparently 'recover' the bios.

Worst case senario is you shorted something that shouldn't have been when it was running and toasted that part of the mobo... Which pins was it connected to?
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi all I recently had my hard drive about year old now crash and I don t know what to do to get the data back The first error I saw was quot Windows was unable to save all the data for the file Hard crash Bad drive F mft quot Since then explorer locked up when i tried to access the drive and I tried to do a chkdsk on it but had Bad Hard drive crash it fail for not being able to access the partition I then rebooted to see if that would fix the issue like it does sometimes but the drive won t mount anymore Disk management won t detect the drive but it shows up under hardware Maxtor - Drive I can t open partition magic and Ive tried using a program called quot GetDataBack for NTFS quot but that started crashing so I saved a log of it I ll post the log below The nd Maxtor drive is the issue Any ideas Thanks Code STEP gt STEP DRIVE TREE Physical drives st hard drive GB HD - WDC WD KS- MJB Name HD IDE Name WDC WD KS- MJB Kind of drive Physical drive st hard drive Geometry Cylinders Heads Sectors LBA sectors GB Kind of access LBA mode st partition NTFS GB Start Cylinder Head Sector End Cylinder Head Sector LBA start Total sectors Bootable Yes nd partition DOS Extended LBA GB Start Cylinder Head Sector End Cylinder Head Sector LBA start Total sectors Bootable No st partition NTFS GB Start Cylinder Head Sector End Cylinder Head Sector LBA start Start on drive Total sectors Bootable No nd hard drive GB HD - Maxtor H F Name HD IDE Name Maxtor H F Kind of drive Physical drive nd hard drive Geometry Cylinders Heads Sectors LBA sectors GB Kind of access LBA mode rd hard drive GB HD - WDC WD AAKS- TMA Name HD IDE Name WDC WD AAKS- TMA Kind of drive Physical drive rd hard drive Geometry Cylinders Heads Sectors LBA sectors GB Kind of access LBA mode st partition NTFS GB Start Cylinder Head Sector End Cylinder Head Sector LBA start Total sectors Bootable No Logical drives Hard drive GB C Name C Label Local Disk Serial number C Size sectors GB Free sectors GB File system NTFS File name length Geometry C H S sectors Secs cluster CD-ROM MB D Name D Label MODEM Serial number BBD Size sectors MB Free sectors B File system CDFS File name length Geometry C H S sectors Secs cluster Hard drive GB E Name E Label Data Drive Serial number AA Size sectors GB Free sectors GB File system NTFS File name length Geometry C H S sectors Secs cluster Hard drive GB I Name I Label New Volume Serial number AB Size sectors GB Free sectors GB File system NTFS File name length Geometry C H S sectors Secs cluster Image files Load more Arrangement files Load more Remote physical drives Load more SELECTED Physical drives nd hard drive GB HD - Maxtor H F Name HD IDE Name Maxtor H F Kind of drive Physical drive nd hard drive Geometry Cylinders Heads Sectors LBA sectors GB Kind of access LBA mode SELECTIONS Drive nd hard drive GB HD - Maxtor H F Window info Sectors - Entire drive True FromSector ToSector ExcessiveSearch False FileSystemDesc NTFS NT Template ACTIVE OPTIONS Excessive search FALSE Default recovery dir I Default temp dir C DOCUME lt user gt LOCALS Temp DiskExplorer path i Recover deleted files FALSE Allow duplicates FALSE Recover lost files FALSE Bad sector strategy Skip Use valid MFT only FALSE Excluded files JOB-------------------------------------- Drive Name HD IDE Name Maxtor H F Kind of drive Physical drive nd hard drive Geometry Cylinders Heads Sectors LBA sectors GB Kind of access LBA mode Window info Sectors - Entire drive True FromSector ToSector File system ExcessiveSearch False St File '' FileSystemDesc NTFS NT Classification none SectorSpace none ClusterSpace none BootSectors none FSList none SelectedFSItem none RecoveryTree none nbsp

A:Bad Hard drive crash

Error 1117 in HD129: during ReadLba: LBA=0, CHS=-1x-1x-1, Cnt=64
---Error handler entered at 10/26/2007 6:56:26 PM---
Error: NotifyException
Message: Error 'Unknown error (1117)' while reading sector 0 on drive HD129:
Info: FAT:28
Address: 004D5008

004D4BEE-000D3BEE 004D4FE5-000D3FE5 0058C87F-0018B87F 0058CCE9-0018BCE9 006586AE-002576AE 0041B536-0001A536 0043A941-00039941 0043CD9D-0003BD9D 0043CB83-0003BB83 0044FBF6-0004EBF6 004585C0-000575C0 0065AB92-00259B92
Action: Ignore
Error 1117 in HD129: during ReadLba: LBA=64, CHS=-1x-1x-1, Cnt=64
---Error handler entered at 10/26/2007 6:56:31 PM---
Message: Error 'Unknown error (1117)' while reading sector 64 on drive HD129:

004D4BEE-000D3BEE 004D4FE5-000D3FE5 0058C87F-0018B87F 0058CCE9-0018BCE9 006586AE-002576AE 0041B536-0001A536 0043A941-00039941 0043CD9D-0003BD9D 0043CB83-0003BB83 0044FBF6-0004EBF6 004585C0-000575C0 0065AB92-00259B92
Error 1117 in HD129: during ReadLba: LBA=128, CHS=-1x-1x-1, Cnt=64
---Error handler entered at 10/26/2007 6:56:36 PM---
Message: Error 'Unknown error (1117)' while reading sector 128 on drive HD129:

Error 1117 in HD129: during ReadLba: LBA=192, CHS=-1x-1x-1, Cnt=64
---Error handler entered at 10/26/2007 6:56:40 PM---
Message: Error 'Unknown error (1117)' while reading sector 192 on drive HD129:

Error 1117 in HD129: during ReadLba: LBA=256, CHS=-1x-1x-1, Cnt=64
---Error handler entered at 10/26/2007 6:56:45 PM---
Message: Error 'Unknown error (1117)' while reading sector 256 on drive HD129:

Error 1117 in HD129: during ReadLba: LBA=320, CHS=-1x-1x-1, Cnt=64
---Error handler entered at 10/26/2007 6:56:50 PM---
Message: Error 'Unknown error (1117)' while reading sector 320 on drive HD129:

Error 1117 in HD129: during ReadLba: LBA=384, CHS=-1x-1x-1, Cnt=64
---Error handler entered at 10/26/2007 6:56:56 PM---
Message: Error 'Unknown error (1117)' while reading sector 384 on drive HD129:

Error 1117 in HD129: during ReadLba: LBA=448, CHS=-1x-1x-1, Cnt=64
---Error handler entered at 10/26/2007 6:57:00 PM---
Message: Error 'Unknown error (1117)' while reading sector 448 on drive HD129:

Error 1117 in HD... Read more
Relevancy 37.41%

A user has been using her laptop for several years and uses Outlook for her POP3 email.
When we installed a server and joined her laptop to the domain she was unable to see her email without logging out of the server and logging back into her local account.
How do I let her domain profile be the same as her local profile?

A:User loses access to outlook email after being joined to domain

You can't, it's considered as a different user. Just take the settings from Outlook and import them into the other account name.
Relevancy 22.79%

Well I or crash? Wrong chipset to causing mobo WoW have a fairly old machine Ive been playing WoW with this computer for well over a year now and before that I never had any kind of crash of any sort Im in no way computer savy but have a slight idea of what I may be doing Ive been receiving WoW errors for the past month In the Wrong chipset or mobo causing WoW to crash? middle of July my mobo stopped working so I had to buy a new one I got the same one so I didnt have to replace Wrong chipset or mobo causing WoW to crash? what wasnt compatible When the new mobo arrives I do a little bit or research why It doesnt connect to the internet I find that it requires a Networking card I dl that and the chipset to allow USB ports to function Now that I could connect to the internet I load up WoW About mins go by and I get an error quot Oh well quot I thought quot It happens quot a while later same thing happens I check out the forums and read up how to correct the errors A few days go by after I install a few things and updating as well I load up WoW assured that the problems are clear Everything works fine for a few hours before I get an error again Still crashing and frustrated I email a blizzard tech He gave me a list of things to update reinstall and a few computer scans I do them all and everything checks out fine Having done everything suggested I load up WoW Its still crashing To this day Im thinking it could be something I installed that isnt compatible and is causing the problems Or it could possible be the mobo that I got Here is what I have Taken from a Dxdiag file Operating System Windows XP Professional Build Service Pack xpsp sp rtm - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer INTEL System Model D GBF BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz CPUs Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir D WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ATI Radeon Series Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc Chip type ATI Radeon Graphics Processor AGP x DAC type Internal DAC MHz Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Plug and Play Monitor Monitor Max Res Driver Name ati dvag dll Driver Version English Any and all help will be taken with the most appreciation Now is it possible that these could be my problem nbsp

A:Wrong chipset or mobo causing WoW to crash?

Even though the motherboards appear to be identical, they perhaps are not.
You may have to do a clean install of your hard drive, and supplmentary drivers before you can bring that computer system to earth.
Relevancy 23.22%

i have the exact this problem of this guy mentioned before in this forums

i have this problem since 4 months around and i dont know how to fix it, i was about to reformat but the answer there says that the problem is not a conflict with the drivers and the system.

A:ATI 9200 series card crash

You need to give us proper information, pc specs,
Relevancy 22.36%

Ok so we ve been handed the Directory Problems Server Active 2003 task of Server 2003 Active Directory Problems setting up Active Directory for my school We currently have servers that have Server Standard edition I m trying to set up my first server which will be the Domain Controller the other will also be domain controllers The name of our domain is catz k ca us The server has a static IP set and I m having a problem with DNS We DO NOT have a dns server at our campus Our DNS is supplied by the county so all the schools near us use the same DNS ip the server is in the city next to us about miles away The setup looked pretty straight forward I ran DCPROMO and then when it came time to test for DNS it failed I got an error saying this quot Diagnostic Failed The registration diagnostic has been run time Warning Domain Controller functions like joining a domain logging onto a domain and Active Directory replication will not be available until the DNS infrastructure for Active Directory is correctly configured The wizard encountered an error while trying to determine if the DNS server with which this domain controller will register supports dynamic updates For more information including steps to correct this problem see Help Details The primary DNS server tested was catz k ca us The zone was catz k ca us The test for dynamic DNS update support returned quot DNS bad key quot error code x RCODE BADKEY I m not sure what i ve done wrong I ve done pretty much everything by the book and I m just wondering if there s a problem because we re not using our own DNS server Our DNS server is in fact but for some reason it s giving me that error I ve tried selecting the option that says quot Let DCPROMO fix this problem etc quot and it DOES work but it takes minutes for my test users to login Can anyone help Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Server 2003 Active Directory Problems

You need to have the DNS localized to your systems, but it is not a FULL blown all encompassing system -- just the local SERVER addresses will be there.
You then configure it to perform and external referral to whatever full DNS you please.

Depending upon how the client systems are used, you can have them entered into your DNS when they login and removed with they logout.
Relevancy 19.78%

Ok so i need to set up windows 2003 server edition as a vpn server so someone can connect to it from home or from his work! Does anyone have any advice i have been trying but nothing seems to allow me to get connected!
Relevancy 22.79%

First my PC specs nForce video distortion Strange crash issue involving i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard Geforce GT W Strange crash issue involving video distortion ATX V PSU Intel Core Quad Q Kentsfield G SKILL GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Recently my PC has developed an issue that is plaguing it with crashes I ve only noticed this specific issue happen when playing the game Warcraft III which is strange as my PC specs are much higher than what is needed for such an old game The textures will distort out of control and I will be left Strange crash issue involving video distortion with blurred colors sometimes the PC won t crash immediately but rather after I do something that involves a Strange crash issue involving video distortion major graphics change IE opening a video game or pressing quot show desktop quot My mouse is one of the peculiar aspects of the distortion as it also is distorted My mouse will look as if it blew up and there will be colors around it that weren t there before Naturally one would suspect the video card but that s where I m stumped Recently I purchased a set of ram same ones I m using now and a new video card Geforce GTX The Ram was DoA so I RMA d it and have yet to receive a pair that actually works in my computer The video card seemed to work fine but after a week this issue started I RMA d the card and shipped it out putting my old card back in And then it started up again With a completely different card that has worked fine for over a year My friend suggested this could also be caused by my Ram or processor I did a memtest and left it on over night hours I awoke to quot errors quot I just ran a program called quot CPU Stability test quot and it ran for hours no errors Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this nbsp

A:Strange crash issue involving video distortion

Sounds like video card or memory... But it could be a cpu fan, incorrect thermal paste, bad cable..
Everything needs to be tested in a systematic fashion... But it has to be a hardware iisue...
I would run MemTest 86 one more time, on one module at a time... for four hours or 7 passes, which ever is longer... and no going to bed while it runs.
Relevancy 23.22%

UPDATE After trying for months to figure this problem out and nearly throwing No errors Crash / Frequent the machine out the window I ve found the issue for certain It was the processor I received the replacement a week ago and haven t had a problem since Everything runs fast cool and without error Thanks to all who helped out UPDATE I ve been having a problem where my computer will freeze and just sit Frequent Crash / No errors there No errors no BSOD just frozen until I do a hard reset Upon reboot there are no indications of any errors there aren t any errors in any of the system logs and there aren t any logs in the minidump folder for windows I ve left the machine on for more than an hour and Frequent Crash / No errors it just sits there frozen System specs Windows XP SP Asus P N-D Nvidia GT x gb Corsair XMS DDR Memory Corsair HX Power Supply I believe it to be Frequent Crash / No errors one of the components causing the issue and would love some help on how to isolate the troublesome component Here s where I m at I thought it was the video card so I swapped it out with an ATI X I got another lockup I removed one of the sticks of RAM and placed it into another machine and that machine runs great No errors or lock ups Just to verify that the gt was good I placed it in the same machine as the RAM and it also runs like a champ So now I m stuck I ve been getting lockups in the machine for several months and they were getting progressively worse Something isn t working right Any suggestions nbsp

A:Frequent Crash / No errors

Put your memory back in and run Memtest86 from a boot floppy or cd if you don't have a floppy. Let it run for several hours on both sticks unless its obvious theres something wrong. If you get errors you might be able to RMA the ram, Corsair is really good about it, just copy down the error codes and go to there web site and make an RMA request. Sometimes bad ram gets out into the world and they know its coming back to them, so there really good about it. I once had two bad 512mb sticks or DDR they didn't even make anymore, so they sent me two 1gig sticks to replace them. Cool huh?

Oh, I forgot, you might want to go into the bios and set safe defaults and see what happens.
Relevancy 22.79%

Specs: OS: WinXP Professional 5.1 SP2 (Build #2600) CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3400+ Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS (1152x864x32bpp 85Hz) Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio [D800] Memory: 1GB

My PC is giving me some pretty annoying issues. To cover the bases I know of first... all of my hard drives are in good condition, I use Disk Keeper regularly. When I try to play games like World of Warcraft, Counter Strike Source, or even sometimes flash games... I'll notice that my PC gets laggier and laggier.. and if I hit Ctrl + Alt + Del, it says my PF usage is around 900 and rising. It eventually crashes and there's this high pitched nonstop beep.

Not really sure what the deal is.. my computer has been doing this since I built it.

A:Crash, high pitched beep, PF usage more?

What are the specs of those hard drives? Your power supply may not be big enough for your hardware
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello; I was hoping someone could help me clear things out for me. I would like to add a domain to act as a backup domain controller in case PDC fails. I have read that I would have to add another domain since there is no BDC in win2003. So after I add a domain to an existing forest how does the fail over works? The second domain controller will be at a remote site. Is there a change I have to make in the router to broadcast or simply point to this new DC from DNS?

thanks for your help.
Relevancy 18.06%

My smartphone used to sync with the office Exchange Server, but I now want to sync my Outlook contacts with my home PC using standalone Outlook 2003. My PC runs XP SP2 and ActiveSync 4.5. Smartphone is Windows Mobile 6 Standard.

It looks as if I cannot sync Exchage Server contacts to standalone Outlook - if I try to switch to synching with Outlook it tells me the contacts on my phone will be deleted. Is there a safe way of diong this? I would rather retype all my contacts from the phone screen than risk losing them - I can no longer access my former office's Exchange Server.

Thanks for any help - Firepig

A:ActiveSync, Outlook and Exchange Server

Try updating XP to SP3 and check for other Microsoft Updates too, while you are at it
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi all I ve got myself a new pc but now all the excitement is fizzed out because this thing keeps crashing on me very too often This happens randomly and does it with a sound like something stuck somewhere System config Windows XP Professional Service Pack Gigabyte GA-MA GM-S HP mobo AMD Phenom tm Quad-Core Processor BIOs - Award Software International Inc F The eventvwr Frequent system crash shows the Event ID as and the Category as Error code a parameter parameter parameter parameter I ve analysed a minidump here are the details Debugging Details ------------------ READ ADDRESS CURRENT IRQL FAULTING IP nt PopProcessorIdle c fb movzx eax byte ptr edi h CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR xA PROCESS Frequent system crash NAME Idle LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from d c to STACK TEXT d c e nt PopProcessorIdle xc e nt KiIdleLoop x STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP nt PopProcessorIdle c fb movzx eax byte ptr edi h SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME nt PopProcessorIdle c FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME nt IMAGE NAME ntkrpamp exe DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP b d FAILURE BUCKET ID xA nt PopProcessorIdle c BUCKET ID xA nt PopProcessorIdle c I ve attached the minidump for your reference Please help me diagnose whats cauing this please Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Frequent system crash

What is the sound when it crashes? Does it beep-beep or beeeep? Also did you installed all drivers?
Relevancy 22.79%

Specs Intel Core Duo E Processor BX E - GHz MB Cache MHz FSB Wolfdale Dual-Core Retail Socket Processor with Fan MPN BX E and 9800 with reboot Nvidia BSOD Crash 1GB GX2 XFX nForce i -Way SLI Motherboard - NVIDIA nForce i Socket ATX Audio PCI Express Dual Gigabit LAN S PDIF USB Firewire Serial ATA RAID MPN Crash reboot and BSOD with Nvidia 9800 GX2 1GB MB-N -ISH XFX GeForce GX Video Card - Extreme Edition FREE Call Crash reboot and BSOD with Nvidia 9800 GX2 1GB of Duty PC Game GB DDR PCI Express SLI Ready Dual Link Dual DVI HDMI MPN PVT UZHEU Corsair Dual Channel MB PC DDR MHz Memory x MB MPN TWIN X - C DHX Seagate Barracuda TB Hard Drive - RPM MB SATA- OEM MPN ST AS SY Ultra LSP -Watt Power Supply - ATX SATA-Ready SLI-Ready mm Fan MPN Crash reboot and BSOD with Nvidia 9800 GX2 1GB ULT-LSP Microsoft Windows XP Pro SP OEM Version MPN E - A The Problem I knew better the last time I opened Nvidia Control panel Performance I got this same problem But I have updated the drivers since then and now it seems worse I just opened up the performance tab I didn t even get to see the settings load before it crashed I get a quick BSOD flash and then a reboot It reboots back up without any problems then within a few minutes it reboots again I have started in safe mode with network enabled and it hasn t given me any problems I am not sure what I did last time to fix the problem I just remembered I shouldn t go anywhere near the performance settings Just like this time simply clicking on the tab to view the settings crashed the computer But last time the crash only happened when I clicked that tab Now it seems to crash within a few minutes after restarting the computer I can get in and open a program but it crashes pretty quick I have attached the DXDiag report that i just ran from safe mode I can provide any other info you need to help me get this fixed I would say I am an expert user This is probably the th computer i have built from parts It runs so well as long as this stupid thing isn t messing it up Sometimes i get a few green artifacts when running games L D HL Crysis FarCry COD It doesn t affect the game play but they are noticeable This system runs all of those games on max settings at x except Crysis If you have any ideas please help me out I need my computer back Update add screen freezing to the list of problems It will either freeze or restart I have tried to uninstall all the nvidia stuff in safe mode but I keep getting quot Failed to complete installation Install quot I cant uninstall the nvidia stuff so every time i restart it keeps rebooting GAH nbsp

A:Crash reboot and BSOD with Nvidia 9800 GX2 1GB

*update* fixed!

I started it up today(in safe mode), and in my frustration with not being able to uninstall the nvidia apps, i just deleted all the nvidia folders in my programs. then when i started up in normal mode it was stable. I was able to finish officially uninstalling the rest of the nvidia components and then i did a full reinstall of the drivers and software. so far so good! Thanks for your ideas!
Relevancy 23.22%

I am currently having an issue which I thought related to WOW but now it happens all the time Problem one is the system crashes screen goes black I get quot no signal quot on the monitor but all the fans and everything are still running on the system and the system doesn t reboot I have to switch it off to get it started again Second problem is whilst playing games and now even when opening the browser the to crash Everything is my causing computer screen goes multi coloured I can still see the original game or browser I have open but can t read a thing on it I am currently running an Athlon x ghz with gig of ram and a Nvidia geforce gt I am running Vista Is my system telling me the video card is shot or is there another issue with it I have updated the drivers to no avail I thought the system might be overheating but Everything is causing my computer to crash its now running with the side off the case and there is good airflow so I Everything is causing my computer to crash dont think it is overheating Right now the computer will only run for minutes last crash occurred whilst the control panel screen was open nbsp

A:Everything is causing my computer to crash

Check RAM compatability.

Have you been running this setup for long?
Have you tweaked BIOS settings?
Relevancy 20.64%

Is anyone out there who can help me? I am registered with Incredimail for emails & I need to change my email address with them & although I have tried every which way to find out how to do this I cannot find a link within incredimail.
I would appreciate any help I can get as it
is driving me crazy. If I am unsuccesful I will have to remove Incredimail & go elsewhere. Thanks to anyone who can give me an answer.
Relevancy 23.22%

Well straight to the point Usually Guild Wars burn crash and whilst im playing Guild Wars in some specific areas and ones in which with lots of actions going on my whole pc will freeze the sound the video everything which results in a restart However my PC never used to behave like this Guild Wars crash and burn and i have not modded anything on my pc System information Motherboard Asus K N Graphics Card nVidia Geforce FX Processor AMG Sempron RAM GB MB MB of DDR Ram My hard drive is an gig but i don t think that has anything to do with the problem Anyhow like i said this never used to happen and i don t see why it should be now however it is limiting to me with what i can do in the game As far as i ve researched it could be anything to do with confliction between my graphics card and the onboard sound to the graphics card being broken to my pc overheating to voltage issues to my reqs to play GW to low highly unlikely if not impossible imo and Guild Wars crash and burn i ve even heard corruption in my guild wars files I ve tried re-installing updating drivers not including my motherboard it confuses the hell out of me taking the cover of my pc off to prevent overheating and taking off a few connections to LED s i had placed in my PC Im not sure about what issue it could be i am clueless or i wouldn t be here nbsp

A:Guild Wars crash and burn

Your video card isnt that powerful. I can see if it gets too hot it would lock up on your.

What are the voltage requirements for your ram
Relevancy 21.93%

OK So i have built small business server machines for other companies One from ground up with actual MS Disk One pre-installed from Dell This third one is also pre-installed from Dell OS SBS r Premium Edition Machine Dell PowerEdge T RAID gb Drives Physical setup Qwest DSL gt Actiontec GT -WG Modem gt Linksys GB NIC gt Broadcom NIC gt Cisco Systems Linksys SD - Qwest Internet 2003 SBS Premium Issues? Connectivity Modem No - Switch gt Workstations The Actiontec has the wireless disabled no need for it We have a block of static IP s from Qwest it s either or can t get SBS 2003 Premium - No Internet Connectivity - Qwest Modem Issues? only don t get me started lol The actiontec has the latest firmware on it I m trying to configure the server to have a static public address on the linksys NIC Then the Broadcom NIC has a static internal IP and goes out to the switch I want the server to be the DHCP and the DNS I have successfully done this on prior SBS Premium servers So on the linksys I configure it to be static IP from Qwest subnet mask of which Qwest techs continue SBS 2003 Premium - No Internet Connectivity - Qwest Modem Issues? to tell me is which absolutely won t work Gateway i use the IP of the modem Primary DNS i use internal IP of the server I configure the modem by turning off the DHCP and the NAT This should work right It doesn t As soon as this configuration is in place i lose connectivity to the internet and the modem I can no longer access the modem interface and can not get any internet I am not able to ping the modem IP of and can not ping any URL s Things i have done which by now have my head in a whirlwind I have used the connection wizard chose quot direct broadband quot in the public adapter i use the same settings described above and same to with the local adapter as well I use the standard firewall settings and don t change my email settings and finish the wizard This nets me no resolution I have reset the modem and then configured it in bridge mode shut the DHCP and NAT off Set my server static IP in the DMZ then on the server configure the public NIC like stated above and then run the connection wizard choosing the quot a connection that requires a user name and passowrd PPPoE quot I put the PPPoE info in and continue the wizard using the DNS provided by Qwest and the gateway as well This nets me no resolution I have tried just changing the config on the public NIC using the static IP the subnet using the gateway and DNS from Qwest Didn t work I have tried so much that i am not even sure all that i have done I do know that i always end up in the DHCP mode of the modem so the office can work I ve searched the net looking for answers and really have not come up with any answers I think the problem lies in the modem but i get no help or support from Qwest They simply say they don t support the OS i am using Although i have some decent knowledge on serve and some schooling on the enterprise version i am not an expert and have trouble wrapping my brain around things like forward lookups and reverse lookups The DNS appears to be fine to me looks like it has the addressing it should but i am not positive I have not changed any of theat manually if i have then it was through the connection wizard This server works like a dream when you let the modem be the DHCP server and change the public NIC to obtain IP automatically But it is not what i want at all I will ultimately run into hassles with what he wants to do with his server I also won t be able to remote nor use OWA or VPN I am at wits end and not sure where to turn I do not have any friends with this knowledge and i have read through the books i have and none deal with configs on modems I think i got all the info here can anyone help I am in a crunch my client is an accountant and this is Tax season Thanks for any guidance Gary nbsp

A:SBS 2003 Premium - No Internet Connectivity - Qwest Modem Issues?

I would suggest a few things:

1. Turn off DHCP on the modem.
2. Assign the Linksys NIC a static IP that is on the same subnet as the LAN of the modem.
3. Set the DNS of both NIC's on your server to the DNS provided by your ISP (this is usually just easier than doing DNS yourself).

You will still be able to use VPN, RDP, and OWA as long as you forward those ports to your servers (linksys NIC) IP address. If you need to know what those ports are, let me know.
Relevancy 37.84%

When composing an e-mail in Outlook 2007 (Vista), the typing never wraps round to the next line; it types as one continuous line from left to right. What do you do to change this back to multi-line?

Thanks for you help.

A:Outlook 2007 (Vista) email page layout

Which format are you using to compose the message? (HTML, Rich Text, or Plain Text?)
Relevancy 23.22%

I just bout and install a new video card. It was running fine then just crashed in the middle of a game. I went to restart my system and nothing happened. No beeps on start up. I reinstalled my old card and my system is fine now. Is there something wrong with the card?

power supply 600 wats
Asus p4 533-c
P4 2.66
2 gigs ram
new video card: Sapphire Radeon HD 3650
old video card: G Force 4 TI
windows XP

A:Video card crash

"Is there something wrong with the card?"... In a word, YES! Return it and get a replacement
Relevancy 23.22%

I have an Intel 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics controller and everytime I try to play Guild Wars the game will freeze and my PC will automatically restart. I have all the latest driver and graphics accelerator. The microsoft online crash report show that i have the following porblems:

Error: "Your system has recovered from a serious error. Display driver for the device was unable to complete a drawing operation. Display driver for the [graphics device] seems to be responsible for the instability. Check the manufacturer for a device driver update."

Error: "The driver for the display device got stuck in an infinite loop."

Error: "0xEA - Hardware Hang"

Error: "0x8E - Access Violation"

Error: "0x50 - Memory Issue"

Can anybody help me with this problem?

A:Guild Wars Crash

I program games in Direct X and some of these have interesting similarities.

Try this: go to start->run and type dxdiag. Once there, there should be a "DirectX Files" tab, click on that to see if there is any conflictions. If all is gravy you should get a message at the bottom saying no problems found.

Also, under the "Display" tab, try a test on your D3D, make sure it's all running as intended.

As a side note, make sure you're using DirectX 9.0c when you run these tests, as Guildwars makes heavy use of pixel shaders. A commodity not often found in On Board video. In this respect, the errors might be a not so polite way of saying your graphics card does not meet the requirements to play.

Have you ever been able to run Guildwars before on this machine? It's a very graphically intensive game, and requires some capable hardware.

Other things of Note:
Error: "0xEA - Hardware Hang"

Error: "0x8E - Access Violation"

Error: "0x50 - Memory Issue"

All of these point to memory allocation trouble aswell. The way that on board video memory works is that it shares the main System RAM and swaps it's data there. If you don't have enough RAM, then the game can't load everything required to run the game in addition to textures, models, etc for the graphics. You have to keep in mind that a lot of the "minimum" specs assume that you have a videocard with it's own memory.

This is to say that you have a 64MB videocard AND 128 MB of system RAM, for example. So if you run it on onboard video, you effectively will need the sum of both, around 196MB of RAM in order to run the game. If this is your problem, try and disable everything runing in the background that you don't need to play the game. Applications like AIM and the like eat up precious RAM you may be needing to run the game.

I'd be interested to hear some other people's ideas on this aswell, but it seems to me that the latter of these my speculations is closer to the problem.

Hope some of this helps my friend.
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello I have recently just built a system off of parts that USB To My Devices Causing Computer Are Crash I had purchased from newegg The computer runs great however whenever I plug in USB devices my computer gets BSOD messages such as IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL If I manage to connect a storage usb device such as a flash drive or external hard drive the transfer time is terribly slow I tried putting drivers onto my computer with a usb drive however they were corrupted It was not because of the drive either since the driver file extracted and loaded up perfectly on my laptop Here is a list of things I have tried and ruled out as the problem I disabled usb legacy in the BIOS changed the memory out updated the bios updated the motherboard drivers nForce drivers I started the computer in diagnostic mode safe mode and I USB Devices Are Causing My Computer To Crash removed the usb drivers in device manager and rebooted however errors still occur Overheating is not an issue though I played Call of Duty World at War for an hour without a hitch at max settings I was using a ps keyboard and USB Devices Are Causing My Computer To Crash a usb mouse My computer seems to tolerate the usb mouse most of the time without it crashes My system includes a W power supply Intel q gigs of G Skill pin mhz memory asus p n-d motherboard and a gtx I m deciding whether I should return the motherboard for a refund or USB Devices Are Causing My Computer To Crash I should try and fix it quick I m thinking the motherboard is what the problem is Any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:USB Devices Are Causing My Computer To Crash

I had the same problem not to long ago, turned out that my usb ports were just wired wrong. I unhooked them and got out the motherboard owner's manuel and hooked them back up to correct places, then just like that the ports were working fine.
Relevancy 23.65%

I am having an issue with my laptop, it is a Acer with Win XP. When I power it up, it immediately asks how I want to start windows (normal, safe mode ect..) I have tried "normal" and "last known good configuration" and the pc just reboots and comes back up asking how to start windows. I selected just "safe mode" and the pc brought up the win XP logo, flashed a blue crash page quickly and rebooted again prompting on how to boot the pc. I changed the boot sequence to boot from CD Rom and inserted my original Win XP cd and tried to do a repair, I was told that there was no hard drive installed. I then tried to format using my XP cd and received the same error about no hard drive installed. Please any input would be greatly appreciated.

A:System crash, please help

Replace the hard drive, and reinstall Windows. Put the old, defective drive into a USB enclosure, then plug it into the usb port of the Acer to see if it will read the drive as a slave. If it will, drag and drop all your most valuable files from that drive to the new one, or another one... as you do not know how much longer it will last to even perform that task,

I it possible that it is another problem, such as a hard drive cable that has vibrated off or a power connector, or whatever, but the hard drive is the usual suspect.

To check the drive first, remove it by removing one or two screws to access the drive compartment, and unplug, then reseat the cables or sockets to the hard drive. If reseating the drive doesn't work, replace the drive. It is the cheapest thing you can do...

Depending upon where you live, you can replace the drive for $45 to $80 US... by going to,,,,,,, ot other such online computer supply store.
Relevancy 23.22%

I wonder whether you good people have a webcam that didn't cause you too much trouble installing the software and making it work.

I bought a Logitech E2500 one and it just crashes the computer everytime I try and launch it.

I've Googled it and it seems that Logitech's drivers are too large for most computers and this is the problem.

I am seriously thinking of taking it back to the shops and getting another make, but which one should I get that doesn't cause too many problems?

A:Webcam that won't crash my computer

The problem is likely elsewhere. We have installed a large number of Logitech cambers with nary a problem.
However, as long as you stay away from the Ipevo PoV, you will be ok.

We like the Creative Live Ultra, Logitech QuickCam Pro, Optia AF by Creative, iSight WebCam, LogiTech 5000, Logitech QuickCam 4000 Pro, Microsoft series such as the Life Cam VX5500, and the QuickCam Fusion...

Be aware that for best performance, you need really strong light... none are good in dull illumination.
Relevancy 21.07%

every time I log into my email God save the queen plays and repeats over and over
I have an old amptron 2000 laptop with realteck audio. Never a problem till today.
I ran spy bot, AVG, adaware,CC cleaner, looked over my shoulder, repeated including re-booting and still the refrain goes on. Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Email Sounds distress

Are you kidding? What email program are you using?
Relevancy 23.22%

Yesterday Finally got my pc working good again Specs at bottom of post worked throuhg some dll errors found a bad stick of ram got my graphics card to stop crashing and so on i got my pc to stop crashing from dll errors and bad ram SFC SCANNOW still pops up about times saying bad file or whatever scratched xp cd beyond recongnition long time ago but haven t ad any dll errors recently but i found out that uninstalling intellimouse fixed almost all of my problems i hate that program so i wanted to get my dual monitor working again so i went back to insatll ati catalyst control center because i removed all ati software and just insatalled the driver a while back so i popped in the cd went to my computer and my dvd drive didn t show up just my cd drive and my magis iso cd drives did so i swithed it to my cd drive nothing restarted and went back to my computer and still no dvd but cd drive said it found the cd but no image next to drive like it used to just aticd - so i clicked on it and quot my computer quot stopped responding so i ended it and screne went blank and came back a minute later tried swithing jumpers ide cables master and slave position everything nothing changes This is a custom built pc Specs intel p ghz mb l cache was gb pc ddr ram now gb pc assrock pv bb mobo sapphire ati radeon hd pro mb gddr agp graphics card gb hard drive Hl-Dt-St Cd-RW GCE- b DVd rw lite-on dvd drive w dell psu Any ideas would be great i m almost thinking about downloading a copy of pirated windows just to fix my dll errors but this is the only problem left on my pc nbsp
Relevancy 23.65%

I have a User that is currently in Singapore and is trying to access our network via our MS 2003 VPN

The user is behind a firewall at his location in singapore and cannot connect to the VPN.
What ports does he have to have opened on that firewalll to be able to access our network?
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello Please excuse my slightly confused and newbish post S I am having a few Crash Nvidia Geforce 9800 problems with my new graphics card and I was wondering if someone could give me a clue as to what it is For Xmas I asked for Nvidia Geforce 9800 Crash an upgrade and what I received was a Nvidia Geforce GT which is very nice but I had concerns about whether or not it would fit with my now rather out-of-date system Surely enough after playing around with it for a couple of days I have discovered it crashes Nvidia Geforce 9800 Crash every now and again The picture will simply freeze the graphics appear warped or barely recognizable and I am unable to do anything other than manually shut my PC down I am by no means knowledgeable with computers but I had a read around and decided it might be Nvidia Geforce 9800 Crash an over-heating issue I set the card fan to run at and monitored the temperature As it never goes above c I now know that wasn t the problem What I think it may be is my lack of power The PSU I have I had a look at it and all I know is it was made by Dell only provides watts I ve read that you need about for the card to work well as it s apparently very power-hungry but then I ve also read that the drivers are pretty poor the one I m using is v and the card can crash even on a good system So I ve been left slightly confused and unsure as to what to do Is there any way of knowing for sure if it s a lack of power and if that is the most likely cause what kind of PSU should I be investing in that will work well I m worried in case I buy one and find it isn t compatible What little info I do know about my system is this Dell DXPO XP Home SP Intel Pentium GHz GB RAM Thanks in advance for your time nbsp

A:Nvidia Geforce 9800 Crash

Hi Queen
Go to the {START} button then {RUN}

Type in DXDIAG and save the log file and post it here please
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi there I play Warhammer online and the crash up hits load GPU = Temps roof but figured you guys here helped me in the past so Ill show you the problem After the last patch I really cant play anymore After a few minutes max min the game freezes and I Temps up and GPU load hits the roof = crash have to reboot the comp I have a Pentium gig with gig ram Temps up and GPU load hits the roof = crash My card is a ATI Radeon HD AGP driver ati mtag XP This problem is getting really annoying I downloaded a small prog so I could log the temp of the GPU while Temps up and GPU load hits the roof = crash playing and as always lately it crashed a few minutes into the game I noticed a severe increase in temperature though Here are parts of the log Before starting the game Date GPU Core Clock MHz GPU Memory Clock MHz GPU Temperature C Fan Speed GPU Load - - A minute into the game - - At time of crash - - The temp went up from to C and the GPU Load went up to the roof nbsp

A:Temps up and GPU load hits the roof = crash

48C is a low temperature for a modern GPU. No worries there. 99% GPU load isn't a problem for a GPU in working order.

What are the CPU temps ?
Relevancy 23.22%

I bought a new pc recently (q6600) which just had onboard graphics and a 450W psu. I bought a nvidia 9800gt and a new 600W psu as I thought that would be needed. Now I am getting crashes, mainly whilst playing games. When I say crash, I mean the screen freezes, it doesn't go black, but it's also slightly warped the picture. I thought this might be either the cpu or gfx card overheating, but it's also happened when there was little strain on either, and the cpu temp was only 39. This didn't happen before I installed the psu and gfx card, but then I wasn't really playing games before that as it only had onboard graphics.

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

A:Computer freeze/crash

Hi rubix1415 Welcome to Techspot!!

When your screen freezes as you say how do you use the PC again? do you need to reboot or can you ctrl+alt+delete and then end the process?

Have you installed the drivers with the graphics card? I'm guessing you would have with it picking up the picture but when you installed the drivers were there any problems?

Can i just ask as well what games you are playing? this could be important as some have had problems with some graphics card WOW in particular.

Finally how are you measuring the CPU temp? are you doing this through BIOS or 3rd party app

Relevancy 18.06%

I hope I'm putting this in the right place and I know it's probably I really simplistic question, but here it is:

I have Comcast Cable internet via modem that connects to my DLink 4500 gaming router. I have a PC(wired) , Laptop (wireless), another PC(wired), and XBox360(wireless) all connected to the Cable internet and home network.

I was thinking about changing my Comcast mail to Outlook express -- is this a good Idea? Can it be done? If so how do I do it? If I do it will all my mail accounts go through Outlook or can I just do mine and not my son's and husband's? Sorry again if this is not the place, but I figured you're used to newbies not knowing where to post. Thanks

A:Comcast Mail to Outlook Express

Your Comcast email is known as a Webmail solution, while Outlook, Outlook Express
are Pop3 Email Clients.

All you need is to configure your Email Client to access the Postoffice @ Comcast;
you will actually still be able to use BOTH

The Comcast settings are here
Relevancy 21.07%

Good morning I have a HP Pavillion Desktop computer at home email with Trouble and I recently signed up for Comcast high-speed internet Trouble with email which is run thru a cable modem The internet works great and is very fast Here is my problem I cannot do any kind of email If I try to click on the login button to sign in to our account it says quot page cannot be displayed quot It does this if you try to do any kind of email This is the first time that I have ever had this problem on my computer We didn t have internet on the computer for about a year and a half I Trouble with email also went to Apple com the other day and tried to download the latest versio of iTunes and it said quot page cannot be displayed quot Someone suggested turning off my Windows firewall I really didn t want to do that but I tried it and it didn t solve anything My Norton Security is out of date and needs to be updated but I don t know if that would have anything to do with it or not Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Trouble with email

You are a little vague on specifics.

Did you create a new Email account with Comcast during the install?

Are you trying to use that account or an 'old' account on another ISP?

Do you also use a router? Kind/type?
Relevancy 22.79%

I bought my Diamond ATI Radeon HD 2600Pro SB Edition (verbatim from the box, just to make it as clear as possible) at around the end of summer and have been experiencing problems the entire time.

The main issue is that while playing games (sometimes doing anything, more frequently with games, though) the screen will freeze, occasionally accompanied by a strange pixelation around the edges of the screen, followed by a black screen. Sometimes, the game will recover after about 10 seconds and I'll get a VPU Recovery message. At other times I'll be brought simply to that black screen with the error message, the game not recovering. Less frequently, but still somewhat common, the screen becomes a strange array of orange or pink pixelated boxes in which the computer simply won't respond to anything.

Any insight or help would be much appreciated, and probably far more helpful than ATI's support has been.

A:Frequent lock up and crash problems with ATI Radeon 2600Pro

Whoops, probably should have posted some essential info...

Computer: HP Media Center PC m7250n
Operating System: Windows XP MCE 2005
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro (PCIe)
Driver Version: 8.11 (11/14/08)
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Relevancy 24.08%

I'm not sure if this is in the right cetegory or not but here is my problem.
I have an HP laptop, and last night I was playing a game, and all of a sudden the screen froze and ended up looking like a blizzard of colours on my screen. So I turned it off, and then back on, and a few minutes later is happened again. So I left it off for a while to cool down, and then it happened again.

There were no error messages when I turned it back on or anything, it just kept looking like a tv channel with no reception just frozen and with colour.

Any ideas, or suggestions...or anything?

Please and thank you

A:Crash crash crash

Sounds like your video card is overheating.
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi I made a post a couple of days ago about buying a new graphics card I decided on the BFG GTX MB So I went ahead and bought one So I plug it in and everythings cool put the system on start up dmark So it gets to the quot deep freeze quot part and then my monitor says quot no signal quot and goes off my computer then freezes so I reboot and do it again same thing happens at the same time in dmark So I unplug the card plug it back in and repeat This time it gets through dmark ok So I run fallout on max settings game crashes almost immediately with the same problem as what system crash causing GTX260 happened in d mark So I try and unplug the card again and plug it back in fallout just crashes again Same as before Next I check all my temperatures and everything is in the green My other system components are as follows Motherboard Biostar P M RAM GB DDR Corsair Value Select Processor Q Ghz PSU OCZ StealthXtreme W Iam running Windows XP Professional bit My system runs fine using a GTS MB Previous Card I have had very similar problems in the past with another graphics card on a different machine and it turned out the graphics card was faulty replacing the card solved the problem I am just wondering in this case if A Do I have a sufficient PSU B Anyone else GTX260 causing system crash had a similar problem or know how to get around this without having to replace the GPU Thanks in advance nbsp

A:GTX260 causing system crash

Make sure you are using the latest driver from the manufacturer's web site. Reload it and see if the crashing happens again. if it does, we'll take it from there.

-- Andy
Relevancy 18.06%

Every time I compose a new message in Outlook Express and use MIDI music as a background the SW SYNTH in audio gets knocked back to zero. This only happens in OLEXP, toherwise MIDI's play OK.
Running Windows XP Pro SP3 OLEXP 6.0

A:Outlook express affects audio control

What is your computer? Make and model?
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi all I ve spent the past six hours trying to work out a USB Flash Drive mapping and mount dismount problem in Windows standard I have been browsing around and found problems with conflicting mapped network USB to XP (similar Drive Server probs) Problem Windows Flash 2003 drives conflicting smart card readers etc but my problem seems to be a bit different To be clear on what USB Flash Drive Problem Windows Server 2003 (similar to XP probs) I ve tried here s a list Close and re-open Windows Explorer Uninstall and re-install all USB controller devices out of the device manager Re-assigned the drive letter for the removable device via disk manager i e made the device drive Z updated bios to latest revision from MAR I m using a relatively older system MHz - AMD Duron system on a Gigabyte board Things I ve checked BIOS Settings OK - USB support enabled Drive mapping NO Network drives are mapped Just HD C and a CDROM D and burner E WHEN THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS MOUNTING AND DISMOUNTING THE FLASH DRIVE amp MAPPING A DRIVE LETTER F in my case IN WIN EXPLORER When the flash drive is plugged in while the computer is booting When the disk manager is open - must be the active window within the computer management console I can mount and dismount the drive time after time without any problems As soon as I close the disk manager and computer management console that s when re-mounting the flash drive fails WHEN THERE ARE PROBLEMS After Windows is loaded then unplugging the flash drive Dismount is fine Once re-inserting the flash drive the mount fails at some point and the drive doesn t get mapped NOTE If I manually type in F in the location bar I can read and write to the drive however it is never acknowledged by win explorer It shows up as a blank with no name or description Once unplugged the drive fails to dismount and Windows gets hung up when trying to shut down restart There is USB Flash Drive Problem Windows Server 2003 (similar to XP probs) nothing wrong with this flash drive as it works in other computers I ve tried it on In fact I have no problem with this drive on my laptop which also has Win Standard installed this laptop is also older MHz - Cyrix system I checked all the settings in the quot disk manager quot and quot Removable storage quot and everything is the same I ve done exausted all my steam Any ideas Please let me know if I m not clear with my problem Thanks Mike nbsp

A:USB Flash Drive Problem Windows Server 2003 (similar to XP probs)

Could it be a faulty USB-connection?
Surf to and D/L their test-version of SourceUSB.
It should tell you what sort of USB-connection/s (if any) you have
Relevancy 23.65%

A:PC games always crash?

Something is overheating, or your video card is dying.,,, Also make shure your BIOS is to default and dont OC the video card. Leave the side door open on the case, and put a house fan to it.

If it happens again then its not overheating. Its something else. Probably messed up video drivers or something....,,
Relevancy 23.65%

My computer is in hospital, i'm waiing to hear the bad news that everything has gone. Some important stuff backed up but not everything (i know, i know!). Just asking if it's possible to recover files back FROM my webserver. I've uploaded a few applications that contain photos i realy need back. Is this possible?

A:Crash! Can I get my files this way?

If you have backed up your important files to a webserver you should be able to recover them using the same program you backed them up with
Relevancy 22.36%

I've been trying to play Medieval II total war and recently my computer has been restarting when the game tries to load. This has also happened to me with Last Chaos. I scanned my problems there i think. No viruses to my knowledge...and all my drivers are up to date. Attached are the minidumps. Please help if you have any idea of whats going on.

A:System crash and reboot stop/blue screen error

Try using the Omega Drivers.

Blaming the CCC.

BugCheck 1000008E, {c000001d, e50af7c0, a74dc88c, 0}
Probably caused by : ati3duag.dll ( ati3duag+11a5c8 )
Relevancy 21.93%

Well Today When i go to start up my computer i get a blue screen saying physical memory dump at the start up, and it crashs after a second or two of showing the blue screen. I switch ram and it does the same thing. So i pop in my windows cd and try to format and reinstall. AT around 90% of copying the files to the harddrive it says it cannot copy soandso file, and keeps sayin that to each file after then proceeds to a blue screen..

I thought it might be the harddrive so i switch to another and tried to reinstall windows and still the same thing... I also tried to do this with another windows cd and still the same thing...

Whats going on here? Is the bios corrupted? What do i do..

A:Physical dump memory, comp crash, format install windows not working

Start ruling things out. Is there another computer you could try the disk on? If it works then, you have eliminated the disk as a possible problem. Keep eliminating things it could be and that will lead you to what is causing the problem. Hope this helps.
Relevancy 19.78%

Just bought 2 new Intel S5000VSA server boards, After building both Pcs using the Intel disc that came with board and even the win 2003 setup disc directly I cant seem to install windows server 2003 without receiving a BSOD during setup. All Hardware is compliant with the board. Please Help

A:Cant install Windows Server 2003 on Intel s5000vsa server board

Strip the system down. One memory stick, no USB devices, on-board video and sound, no sound card and try the OS install again. Reset the bios to failsafe defaults
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi I am a small business owner running laptops and a desktop pc one of the laptops is running xp although will hopefully upgrade it to vista soon I am looking to purchase a NAS device mostly for media sharing and syncronization between pc s but would like to be able to access my email accounts via outlook NAS email knowledge and lacking. although would consider another product with same basic functionality eg local storage tasks calendar etc I am using googlemail for all my NAS and email knowledge lacking. accounts I am aware that there are several NAS devices out there that let you connect and manage NAS and email knowledge lacking. files remotely over the internet It seems that to me that it should therefor be relatively simple to have all outlook or alternative files stored on a remotely accessible NAS to synchronize accross all pc s automatically on login hereby removing the need for an expensive hosted service such as MS exchange I have googled just about every variation I can think of to find the relevant information but to no avail I am fairly savvy for an unqualified home user but lack the deeper understanding of NAS and outlook to get through this one on my own If this is possible please give some advice on setup and the best hardware fro the job Lastly if the NAS doubled as a print server that would be cool too MAny thanks in advance for your help Best regards Don nbsp

A:NAS and email knowledge lacking.

NAS devices (Network Attached Storage) just attach to your LAN using the File Sharing,
Map Network Drives capability.

1) Internet access to one of YOUR LAN drives is a big security hole, so that's not the
right approach.

2) depending upon the software you use to send/receive, sharing email files can easily corrupt them and you lose everything.

If I wanted Internet access to my email, I would use a Webbased email solution
(like gmail), configure it to retain all down loaded email, and the use my pc
to access the gmail pop3 account.
Relevancy 23.22%

Description of the problem Everytime I launch a d application my pc decides upon 3d app starting Crash/Reboot to hard crash and reboot this happens seconds after viewing a d animation on my screen meaning if a game has a d animated menu it will crash if it doesent it will crash as soon as i get in the Crash/Reboot upon starting 3d app game I ve tried several d apps now including Warhammer Online Spore GTR d Mark Vantage STALKER and the problem occurs with all of them The only interesting thing is that Warhammer works fine if i edit the user settings file and make it run in windowed mode Switching it to full screen crashes it instantly Specs ASUS Rampage Formula Crash/Reboot upon starting 3d app w Intel x chipset Intel Q ghz Core Quad Corsair Dominator x gb Sapphire Hd x gb Seagate gb PSU Coolermaster M watts Windows Vista bit SP Things I ve tried Changing the and pin PCI cables to the card Reinstalling Ati Catalyst drivers and motherboard drivers Using an older version of Catalyst Unplugging everything but the bare necessities in the pc Plugging the PSU into different power outlets in the house Monitoring temperature Running the x at fan before running app to ensure its not overheating Using a household fan pointed to and from the pc for airflow The only idea I have left is reinstalling windows with a bit version and possibly XP other than that I ve got no idea what to try nbsp

A:Crash/Reboot upon starting 3d app

Tried running a few 3d apps on the same config, except with a 8800 GTS (with nvidia drivers, obviously) and it worked fine.

I doubt the issue is in the PSU, but it might be with the way vista 64 deals with ATI?
Relevancy 18.06%

Help! How can I share Outlook 2007 Calendar on 3 networked computers running vista home premium? Don't wanna spend 700 bucks for Exchange Server. Can it be done?

A:Share Outlook Calendar

For workgroup users (ie those without a domain controller), it is done by sharing
each appointment;

create or open an appointment
click the Attendee Availability tab
at the lower left, click Invite Others
enter the name of the Contact and click find
when selected, click Required or Optional
repeat for all attendees
when done, click OK
as each Contact receives the appointment by email, they accept or decline the schedule
their calendar and yours are updated
and the status of all can be seen using the radio button Show Attendee Status
Relevancy 22.79%

I have a dell axim x3 that I recently dusted off to use for my business. I have been trying to figure out the sync process for the calendar. Unfortunately I do not appear to have the necessary software on my computer to do this. So the question is, what is the software I need to sync my appointments, etc, to my desktop, or laptop for that matter?

A:Program for Win Mobile 2003?

Try using Windows ActiveSync
Relevancy 22.79%

I have this problem that I can't seem to resolve. (making me a bit nutty, can't sleep kinda nutty).

I am creating a new user using a template that has always worked for me for the last 2 years, all of a sudden I am getting this error.

the wizard could not successfully configure this account.
the following could not be completed:
-A home folder could not be created for the user.

mmm it is probably something simple. me frustrated.

The Trix
Relevancy 22.79%

ever since I got this video card I ve always had crashes and bsod at random points and I tried everything to fix it but I always fail Anyway here is my information System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version Service Pack eMachines T Inel R Pentium R CPU Ghz Ghz MB of Ram Video Card ATI Radeon HD Series AGP this might be a long read but Im going to go into detail about this I needed a new video card because my old was way outdated and I couldn t play any of the newer games Not even World of WarCraft I purchased it because it was the only AGP card they had at this best buy and it looked pretty good so I got it but ever since I installed I ve been having this really annoying problem After installing the AVI files off the CD I kept getting crash my computer and is bsod new to get My causing video card the blue screen of death at random points mainly when I am browsing It didn t happen a whole lot but it happened enough to annoy me Probably like My new video card is causing my computer to crash and get bsod times a day but with games it worked just fine it never gave me bsod when I was playing the games on my computer I ve been playing World of WarCraft Devil May Cry PHANTASY STAR ONLINE Blue Burst Just fine Just has been going on for like months now and I m just tired of it I ve heard other people had other problems with there ATI Radoen HD AGP cards and they even had sites My new video card is causing my computer to crash and get bsod for hotfixes but nothing has WORKED I tried everything Not even the hotfix fixed my problem I heard the drivers on the cd were junk so I get rid My new video card is causing my computer to crash and get bsod of those restart the computer downloaded the one that is suppose to work right and I still get crashes and bsod I get random crashes my computer just freezes out of nowhere sometimes so instead of the bsod now the computer just freezes out of random and it gets really annoying Sometimes when I go to sleep overnight it will just freeze hours later even though i am not doing anything on it one time I tried taking out the card and unistalling everything related to that card I left it out for days and my computer worked just fine with my regular card so I knew for sure it was just the card now causing all those problems so I installed it back in thinking that maybe I should start fresh so I installed the newer AVI files again and it worked fine for almost the whole day than it just froze and now I have the same problem again - - and I tried alot of registry virus fixes but none of them ever fix the problem http a ac-images myspacecdn com a e png This probably won t help much but here is the inside of my computer sorry its kinda dark though http a ac-images myspacecdn com c de b b png A friend of mine said it may have been a overheating problem so I had a fan right in front of the card to help cool it down but it still the computer would freeze and give me problem The card wasn t even that hot except for spot that is shaped like an orange square I forget what its called but somebody said its normal for that part to be reasonably hot So I really don t know what the problem is Apprantly there are two problems a card can have overheating and driver errors but it may not be either and could be something more serious Recently I downloaded a game that actually does give me the bsod Battlefield Demo the weird thing is it only does it sometimes at the logo screen when I get past that and play the actual game i am just fine Never during gameplay does it give me the bsod However when I was playing World of WarCraft it froze but this has only happened once before The sites I mainly on a daily bases are Youtube Myspace and a bunch forums sites When I get the bsod I usually get this error page fault In nonpaged area this appears sometimes sometimes it doesn t Than it says its caused by Ati mtag sys Address F c base at F E DateStamp b b Technical Information Stop x E x xf C OXF BOC XF B C So yeah that pretty ... Read more

A:My new video card is causing my computer to crash and get bsod

Try not to open a New thread it can get confusing between the 1 you already have, I could suggest something on your Other Thread and it may have already been suggested on here.

Link for Current Thread -
Relevancy 21.07%

Can anyone guide me about Video email marketing? Is it possible to customized banners and links with my video emails?

A:Looking for Video Email Marketing

Re:Looking for Video Email Marketing!

Video email marketing is a new tool in market which allows the entrepreneurs to access video email facility with the use of microphone and camera and communicate directly with the end customer. It harnesses the power of video in conveying emotions, tone, and energy while leveraging the flexibility of an email- like system. It increases the market value and credibility of the user. You can get more information from and yes it is very simple to customize banners and links with the video emails.
Relevancy 18.06%

Lots of valuable information in that file I'd like to access. I was able to create a new Outlook file in safe mode so I guess the program is OK.

It was suggested to me recently the cause may have been due to me having Microsoft Service Pack 1 at the time. I had not updated to Service Pak 2 (which I now believe has been updated to Service Pak 3). Has anyone had experience with this and, if so, do you think there's a chance that if I update my Service Pak that I might still have a chance of recovering the data I had in my original Outlook file?

A:Still unable to open Microsoft Outlook

I dont think just upgrading to service pack 3 would do any good.

May be you need some more luck there.

Hope you get the help you need

Relevancy 23.65%

Hi I am using a Toshiba laptop I m not sure about some of the specs on it But I know it s a newer model meaning years old at most and I also don t have administrative rights But the problem is sometimes when i m online everything will be fine and then out of nowhere I notice the bar at the bottom with the start button and all the icons on Crash? Computer the right are gone then I minimize whatever window s I have up and realize everything has disappeared Computer Crash? except for the background image All the icons are gone and everything And I can t figure out whats causing it Although I think I have an idea beacuse once I downloaded something and I believe it had some kind of spyware or adware in it but the anti-virus isn t picking it up Computer Crash? It s a dll file and i ve tried deleting it and renaming it to delete it but it s not working And i m not even sure if that s the Computer Crash? problem or not Please someone help me Thank you -Ty nbsp

A:Computer Crash?

Try Malwarebytes, it's most likely a Vundo variant infection

CNET's has the latest version - it's free. It should load o.k., some other spyware/malware removers aren't particularly good with this type of infection. I just wen't through a similar problem and used it very successfully. After you install it, make sure to run the updater and do full system scan, it might even take a few scans to clean out restore point images - but don't panic. It works.
Relevancy 23.22%

Hey I have a small project (Personal Project) I am working on I got 3 compaq proliant 1600 for free, I am talking about the one that got discontinued on march 2000 this thing is old lol. Now I wanted to know if it could support sbs2003 below are the current specs also I attached a picture below. It will support 4 or 5 PC's
2x P3 600 MHZ
4x 256 MB Ram
4x 18.2 SCSI HDD I set one of the HDD as "page file"