Windows Support Forum

Laptop goes into random sleep modes or screen goes blank randomly

Q: Laptop goes into random sleep modes or screen goes blank randomly

okay I have a ASUS G72GX Republic of Gamers Laptop.

I can be browsing the web watching a movie or even playing World of Warcraft and this thing will either go into sleep mode or the screen will go blank like 2 to 3 times my keyboard lights will switch off as well. I have to move my mouse or hit any key to get the screen to come back. I have done EVERYTHING Iknow of to stop this EVERY thing in the Power settings is turned off This shouldn't be happening at all... I do not know what to do lol it is driving me crazy... Please some one give me some intel on what could be the problem...

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Laptop goes into random sleep modes or screen goes blank randomly

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Laptop goes into random sleep modes or screen goes blank randomly

DX file

DXDIAG File

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-goes-into-random-sleep-modes-or-screen-goes-blank-randomly.152323/
Relevancy 79.12%

I recently purchased a Sony Vaio VGN-SZ The online manual for the laptop recommend that you use the quot Sleep quot mode when the computer is not in use and that you only turn it off if installing new hardware etc So we put the laptop to quot Sleep quot each time we re finished with it In the weeks that I ve had the laptop I ve noticed several possibly related issues One time when I quot woke quot the computer up the resolution was reset to the lowest grade all on its own This has happened once Most times when I m using it after quot waking quot the computer up the screen will show the desktop then it will momentarily go blank blank screen sleep after laptop and then come back to life Today I quot woke quot up the computer and I could tell that the harddrive was running the lights were on and I could hear it whirring but the screen was blank I put the computer to sleep closing the lid and woke it up again a few times but nothing changed - the screen was still blank I ended up holding down the power button to force the computer to reboot I hate doing that but it did the trick Is this laptop screen blank after sleep a common problem with this laptop Or could it be Vista related Or should I just avoid using quot Sleep quot altogether Thanks nbsp

A:laptop screen blank after sleep

You don't really need to use "sleep". There's absolutely nothing wrong with shutting down your PC. And I don't know about Vista, but in XP, the "sleep" function is often buggy, so I don't use it.

I just leave my laptop always on and use the power management functions so that the screen turns off after 30 minutes, but that's it. I do however need it to work pretty much 24/7, so I might not be the best example.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen-blank-after-sleep.714376/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi i took my new laptop out of the box yesterday i have been having an issue with it a bsod randomly it even happens in safe mode I was trying to get some files off of it to reset it again but another bsod happened now the laptop turns on but the screen does not turn on what so ever luckily i managed to get the who crashed reading copied to text file and the minidump files to my external hdd before the screen went completely Laptop specs GB ram intel core i Random startup now on BSOD new blank laptop upon screen AMD Radeon HD GB Windows Who crashed reading Crash dump directory C Random BSOD on new laptop now screen blank upon startup windows Minidump Crash dumps are enabled on your computer On Sat GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntfs sys Ntfs x D Bugcheck code x x FB xFFFFF C xFFFFF xFFFFF E Error NTFS FILE SYSTEM file path C windows system drivers ntfs sys product Microsoft Windows Operating Random BSOD on new laptop now screen blank upon startup System company Microsoft Corporation description NT File System Driver Bug check description This indicates a problem occurred in the NTFS file system The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time On Sat GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C windows memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntfs sys Ntfs x D Bugcheck code x x FB xFFFFF C xFFFFF xFFFFF E Error NTFS FILE SYSTEM file path C windows system drivers ntfs sys product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT File System Driver Bug check description This indicates a problem occurred in the NTFS file system The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time On Sat GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ndproxy sys NDProxy xF E Bugcheck code x E xFFFFFFFFC xFFFFF E E x xC BB Error KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED file path C windows system drivers ndproxy sys product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NDIS Proxy Bug check description This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time Google query Microsoft Corporation KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED On Sat GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module win k sys win k xCF Bugcheck code x B xC xFFFFF F xFFFFF ECF x Error SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION file path C windows system win k sys product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description Multi-User Win Driver Bug check description This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time On Sat GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntfs sys Ntfs x D Bugcheck code x x FB xFFFFF A DA xFFFFF A D E xFFFFF B B Error NTFS FILE SYSTEM file path C windows system drivers ntfs sys product Microsoft Wi... Read more

A:Random BSOD on new laptop now screen blank upon startup

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html
But why bother take it back to the shop if its BSODing out of the box chances are it has problems, probably hardware, get another one

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/273420-random-bsod-new-laptop-now-screen-blank-upon-startup.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Acer Aspire T180 Decktop with windows xp media center edition.

AST180-EA350M

Does it on 2 different monitors.One them is a brand new monitor that was never used but in box for awhile.

A:Monitor goes to sleep/goes blank randomly

Do you have on-board video or a separate video card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-to-sleep-goes-blank-randomly.187498/
Relevancy 69.66%

Recently, I noticed that my battery have been draining quite fast while in sleep mode. I investigated the issue by turning off bluetooth, background apps, etc before sleep. There is no difference. I still loses like 20% of my battery in 8 hours. So, I typed powercfg /a in cmd to see if anything pops up, and i noticed that the only supported standby state is S0. It states, supported S0, hibernate, and fast startup. S1,S2,S3 are all not supported. Then, I read up some info on sleep states, and it appears that the s0 sleep state isn't actually sleeping, it is just the idle state. How do I change my sleep state and/or ultimately get rid of this massive battery drain when sleeping? I can't just hibernate because I have a SSD and it will use up sleep cycles. Thank you very much.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Sleep-modes-Battery-Drain-in-Sleep/td-p/5708989
Relevancy 68.37%

About weeks ago i started having sleep issues It used to work perfect for over a year I other sleep sleep, screen Blank issues after and figured something went wrong and couldnt get sleep to work consistently Thought a reinstall might fix it Now on the new install about a week I am still having issues Sometimes the computer will wake in the middle of the night around am and other random times Also sometimes the Blank screen after sleep, and other sleep issues computer powers up when coming out of sleep but monitor doesnt come on I Blank screen after sleep, and other sleep issues installed the updated drivers for mobo video card And disabled the network from being able to wake the computer something I actually want on I also tested with stock speeds on mobo cpu Same issues have also tried stock with increased voltages No luck What should i do its driving me crazy I remember seeing a way to see a log of what caused computer to come out of sleep Since I just reminded myself I will go and check all connections inside computer

A:Blank screen after sleep, and other sleep issues

hi!
try this link it should help to explain

Sleep and hibernation: frequently asked questions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/86516-blank-screen-after-sleep-other-sleep-issues.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hiya-Hello Osu I feel bad two topics on BC right off the bat Too many computer problems Sorry for the somewhat spamming I m in the process of trying to repair my good friend s laptop EDITED It s a Compaq the to restarts on all fast modes, too startup screen error laptop Blue in read Windows XP Media Center Edition HP Presario V Here Blue screen on startup in all modes, laptop restarts too fast to read the error is the problem The laptop starts up and shows the main quot Compaq quot screen With the press Esc for setup and so forth If you try to run Windows normally you get a lovely blue-screen of death Safe mode is the same And last know good configuration also gives a blue screen Here is another issue I do not even have a second to read the error message when the laptop will restart Blue screen on startup in all modes, laptop restarts too fast to read the error I want to know if I can find a way to view the message without tweaking the Control Panel I can not reach it And if this is a driver or hardware issue that can or can not be fixed Anyway thank you for checking out my topic and for any assistance you can provide me with

A:Blue screen on startup in all modes, laptop restarts too fast to read the error

Use Disable automatic restart on system failure.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/412020/blue-screen-on-startup-in-all-modes-laptop-restarts-too-fast-to-read-the-error/
Relevancy 66.22%

They say if you go to the well too often you will find it dry I am sleep Modes back again My sleep modes have changed I always ran my bios with the power control set in auto In windows powercfg reported S S and hibernate was supported All of sudden when it went into sleep it would either reboot or immediately come back up I have latest bios I have tried reloading the bios to see if that would correct it to no avail Things checked running tasks task scheduler -- not USB setting for power down -- not Turned Lan cards off -- not Turned screen saver off -- not Turned wallper slide show off -- sleep Modes not Ran repair install -- not sleep Modes Checked task manager for any activity -- no activity I use a MS wirless mouse and key board I replaced them with a hardwired USB key board and mouse No Workie Trouble shot with powercfg and found nothing signifcant Last Wake showed nothing Ran some other commands with powercfg but found nothing that I could tie it to If I set the bios to S only it will sleep in S I may be stuck with that I don't know where to look in the registry or I would have been there

A:sleep Modes

Dear HammerHead,
I too faced similar prob. a few weeks back, but managed to overcome it by changing the PowerOptions in C-panel. I am posting three snaps below and see if it helps.

with regards,
Sreedhav

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/146092-sleep-modes.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Ever since first installing Windows I have experienced problems with both the Sleep and Hibernation modes Having configured the the settings for these uncder Control Panel Power options Advanced settings it eems that these two modes then operate at the time intervals which have been configured However if I select Sleep from the Shut Down menu in order to introduce either mode immediately the display shuts down but re -appears within a Sleep modes Hibernation & matter of a few seconds If the Hibernate option is selected again the display closes bt Sleep & Hibernation modes within seconds the computer re-boots I have many endeavours to correct this all without success The properties Sleep & Hibernation modes of the mouse in Device Manager reveal this is the only device where the power mangemeent tab is enabled This is confirmed on running at he Command Prompt run as an Administrator the command poewercfg -devicequery wake -armed Neither does the command powerfg -last wake reveal the source of ths involuntary waking or re-booting I would add that having also run the command powercfg -a this reveals that quot the following states are available on this system Standby S Hibernate ie Hybrid Sleep quot Reference to the bios settings also confirm that S is enabled Having re-configured the power options to Sleep and Hibernate as NEVER and permitting Hybrid Sleep the hibernate option disappears from the Shut Down menu As a consequence of this on selecting sleep assumed to be hybrid sleep from this menu the display shuts down but now re-appears ater a second interval Any suggestion for remedying this problem would be very welcome I have assumed that Hybrid Sleep mode supplants both Sleep and Hibernation modes but under the re-configuration referred to in the last paragraph I would like this to be immediately effective on selecting Sleep from the Shut Down menu

A:Sleep & Hibernation modes

Does the computer wake up in 30 sec when it is shut down from the power plan? In other words, does the wake-up only happen when you manually sleep from the start menu?

I have had troubles like that before when my wireless adapter was allowed to wake my computer. Make sure that is disabled. It should look like this when you are done:

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/66696-sleep-hibernation-modes.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Will Win 7 Pro run any type of programs/maintenance..etc...when I put the PC in sleep - stand by - or hibernation ?

Mostly interested in sleep/standby

Will operations like updates, system backup, or file backup run iatit's scheduled time if any of the subject modes/conditions are active ?

Thanks...TRinAz

A:Is anything running when various sleep modes are launched

Enable Wake Timers in Advanced Power Options under Sleep.

Type Scheduler in Start Search box, study all Scheduled Tasks which have settings that allow waking to perform each.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/268984-anything-running-when-various-sleep-modes-launched.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Lenovo Y410p running Windows 8. I have my laptop connected to a monitor, keyboard, and mouse. The laptop itself stays closed, under my desk. I use it pretty much all day. The issue is that it will go to sleep by itself, randomly, a few times a week. For the most part, whenever I leave it idle, like when I go to the bathroom, or eat, its fine, but a few times a week it will go to sleep by itself while idle. And by idle, I mean i'll stop using it for a few minutes, to check my phone, or talk with someone. Most of these times its fine, but every so often it goes to sleep by itself. My power settings are on max performance. I switched to balanced for a day but still encountered the issue.

A:Laptop randomly goes to sleep by itself

One thing I would try is open up all the USB connected stuff, mouse keyboard etc.. in Device Manager and make sure none of them have the option "Allow device to be turned off to save power" or similar, enabled. Likewise with your network cards. Sometimes one of those gets shut off and for some reason the PC decides to take a nap.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/76181-laptop-randomly-goes-sleep-itself.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello everyone I am in dire help I am overseas for school and I just started getting a weird issue My laptop is an ASUS Q a Currently running windows For some reason it has been randomly sleeping probably every - minutes not Randomly Sleep Goes to Laptop consistent intervals Ive noticed sometimes Laptop Randomly Goes to Sleep it occurs from Laptop Randomly Goes to Sleep me moving it a bit I feel as if it might be the RAM though I am unsure if that would even cause it At first I though it was overheating but the temperature ranges from - degrees celsius which is manageable for an i m processor maxes out at celsius I have tried lowering cpu temp by lowering clock speed of cpu however problem persists I have also tried reinstalling Windows even windows and All have same issue I believe something is loose inside however I am not sure The reason why i think something is loose is because I tested out my theory that the issue occurs from movement by moving my laptop around and everytime I give it a little dance it occurs I really need some help any suggestions would be great

A:Laptop Randomly Goes to Sleep

if it happens on movement it definitely sounds hardware related.  you could have a loose connector inside, or a short happening, a wire off or crimped or faulty, or a motheroboard screw or other piece that came loose or broke off and is moving around shorting things. 

really the way to debug that is to open it up and blow it out with compressed air (see if anything comes out) and give it a shake over a surface... you could even have a screw or something that came loose fall out. when the case is open (laptop off, battery out and power cable unplugged), you can just press on connectors to make sure they're snug.

Before you open the case, you can get an idea of the area where it's happening by pressing along the top panel (the panel that you have the keyboard, palm rest and trackpad in) and see if that causes it and where the location is that causes it and check there.  You could even check squeezing along the outsides of where the lcd panel connects.  I don't know that laptop specifically, but on most laptops there's often a smaller board that connects to the power on switch so pressing along the top near the power on switch can trip that if it's faulty, and pressing along the top near where the case cover is will trip a connector problem with the lcd screen video connector. that can also cause a hibernation/sleep mode. but if you get the same response when you press or squeeze an area before opening the case make a mental note of that and look in that area for a short, or loose connector, (or even the case creating a short if a pad has slipped).

of course, having said all that, I am presuming this happens when you're running on the battery.  often the dc input ports (where the power cable attaches to the laptop) get loose or fail, and in that case your battery isn't charging, so when you shake it you've just disconnected the dc power without battery to sustain it (though you may not have noticed it stopped charging or connecting so don't know your battery has no charge) and then it immediatley hibernates because it has no power.  so you might confirm your battery is charged when this is happening.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586633/laptop-randomly-goes-to-sleep/
Relevancy 64.07%

HP Touchscreen IQ506, Win 7 Home Premium (SP1), NVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS Display with driver updated from HP site only yesterday.
The only thing I have done since upgrading the driver is to change screen resolution, play card games, read emails, and try to find a solution to this problem.
Since the driver upgrade, the Sleep and Standby Modes have been grayed out on the shut-down menu from the start button.
Both options were available prior to the upgrade.
Used HP driver, in lieu of NVIDIA driver on advice from NVIDIA chat session.
Contacted NVIDIA in attempt to resolve 'display driver stopped responding" error.
How can I get those options back on the shut-down menu?

A:Solved: Sleep/Stanby Modes Grayed Out

It's OK, guys -- I did a system restore and got my sleep mode option back.
I don't understand it, but the HP driver resulted in a 'legacy driver' problem which closed out the sleep option.
I will work on the NVIDIA driver problem later.
Thanks for looking at my problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sleep-stanby-modes-grayed-out.1122978/
Relevancy 64.07%

For some time now, occasionally (but more frequently these past two weeks) when I have my laptop enter either Sleep or Hibernate Mode, it will proceed to enter Sleep/Hibernate mode, but then hang on a blank screen for 10-15 min, and then I will get a BSOD with error similar to POWER_DRIVER_STATE_FAILURE or something (cannot remember exactly the name).

I have attached the needed zip file. If there is any other information that I could provide that would help, please let me know.

If anyone could provide some insight as to what is going on and how to remedy this, it would be greatly apprecaited!

A:BSOD on Entering Sleep & Hibernate Modes

Hello madkel.

You have a very old Intel storage driver installed.

Code:
8c218000 8c2e6000 iaStor (deferred)
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\iaStor.sys
Image name: iaStor.sys
Timestamp: Wed Apr 16 05:37:31 2008 (48054343)
CheckSum: 000502DE
ImageSize: 000CE000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
You must to update it. Download and install this one.

Intel? Wireless WiFi Link Adapter

Code:
Irp is active with 4 stacks 3 is current (= 0x8aa020c0)
No Mdl: No System Buffer: Thread 00000000: Irp stack trace.
cmd flg cl Device File Completion-Context
[ 0, 0] 0 0 00000000 00000000 00000000-00000000

Args: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
[ 0, 0] 0 0 00000000 00000000 00000000-00000000

Args: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
>[ 16, 2] 0 e1 87f2a028 00000000 83335d5d-89d218a0 Success Error Cancel pending
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for NETwLv32.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NETwLv32.sys
\Driver\NETwLv32 nt!PopSystemIrpCompletion
Args: 00014400 00000000 00000004 00000002
And it is also very old.

Code:
start end module name
92616000 92c75000 NETwLv32 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: NETwLv32.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\NETwLv32.sys
Image name: NETwLv32.sys
Timestamp: Thu Oct 07 17:41:06 2010 (4CADB8DA)
CheckSum: 0065677A
ImageSize: 0065F000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Update it from Intel Download Center.

Plan to update the BIOS. It is very old.

Code:
BiosVendor = Hewlett-Packard
BiosVersion = F.56
BiosReleaseDate = 05/14/2008
SystemManufacturer = Hewlett-Packard
SystemProductName = HP Pavilion dv6700 Notebook PC
You have 29 items stored in Startup. Free up the startup.
Click on the Start button
Type ?msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the ?Startup? tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus and the touchpad driver, SynTP.
Apply > OK
Accept the restart.
Let us know the results. There may be some other issues, but these are to be done at first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/276469-bsod-entering-sleep-hibernate-modes.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi everyone. Basically when the PC goes into sleep mode it often has issues coming out of it. For example when you press the keyboard or mouse it sometimes does not respond. You then proceed to hold down the power button but this doesn't do anything either forcing a hard power down to reboot.

Upon reboot the bios seems to have an issue requested on start up whether to edit settings or use default (F2) and continue. I do F2. PC goes on and stays "restarting windows" only to come up limping. Clock is back in 2004 and so forth requiring another reboot to get things back to normal which solves the problem.

Why is this occurring and should I just turn off all power save options which I prefer not to? Any advice is appreciated.

A:Issues with sleep/power save modes

Please post the make and model of your computer. Seems that your CMOS battery may be dead which will indicate the year being 2004.

CMOS Definition (CMOS Battery)

For the sleep problem boot into your system follow these instructions how to delete the hibernation file (hiberfil.sys) Windows 7 - Delete Hibernation File (hiberfil.sys) - Help Desk Geek
This will delete the hiberfil.sys file which is safe.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/issues-with-sleep-power-save-modes-697895.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello
My laptop (Lenovo G50-30) is 3weeks old, uses Windows 10, and goes to sleep randomly when i use the built in keyboard
It seems to happen more often when i use the Left-Shift key
I have tried recovering the PC to before first time it happened, but nothing changed
When i try to reset the system it fails and sometimes, only when i "Restart" the PC, it freezes on startup
This is really frustrating and i really dont know what to do, please help

Jacob

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f44bc8b5-efdd-4ec0-a360-ce3c75f26809/laptop-goes-to-sleep-randomly-when-using-keyboard?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 64.07%

laptop goes to sleep randomly when using keyboard.

A:laptop goes to sleep randomly when using keyboard

and welcome to the Forum

What are the PC Specs?
If Pre-Built, what is the Brand & Model Number
If Custom Built, what is the Brand & Model of Motherboard? the CPU-RAM? the Graphics card?

What operating system?

What hardware or software has been recently installed or uninstalled?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-goes-to-sleep-randomly-when-using-keyboard-997354.html
Relevancy 64.07%

My laptop randomly goes to sleep. I then have to wake it back up and put my password in.  I've changed all my sleep settings to 'never' and installed latest display drivers but it's still happening. Any help would be great as it is very annoyingThanks

A:Pavillion Laptop Randomly goes to sleep

#HPExpertDayUpdate BIOS and Firmware if any.http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07165

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Pavillion-Laptop-Randomly-goes-to-sleep/td-p/5625194
Relevancy 63.64%

Last night i saw a bunch of fuzzziness on screenand this afternoon it randomly went to sleep. i have vista 64 bit.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/fuzziness-on-screen-randomly-went-to-sleep-299305.html
Relevancy 63.21%

We have about 500 laptops with win 7 pro x64. We have had a few complaints that on occation, after a computer wakes up from sleep mode, the user sees the welcome screen, but no text or logon box - i.e. they can't se any text or textboxes, only the background image of the welcome screen. The only way to end this state is to poweroff/reset the machine. Any ideas?

A:blank welcome screen after waking up from sleep

Just a few scattered ideas...

* Has there ever been a BSOD?

* Have you checked in Event Viewer?
Type eventvwr in search.
Go to the Windows Logs > Application / System > in the left hand column.
Note anything in red that relates to the problem experienced.
Please record the event ID, and the Source Code and tell us what they are.

* Consider using Hibernation instead of Sleep

* SFC.
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

* Disk check
Disk Check

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/199208-blank-welcome-screen-after-waking-up-sleep.html
Relevancy 63.21%

The solution for Vista Home Premium 32Bit:Go to power options. You will be changing the setting for each of the three types of power plans individually. For each, click on "change advanced power settings"Find Multimedia SettingsIn drop down un "when sharing media option" select "allow the computer to sleep" .All power plans should be changed to this setting.Very simple. I have put my computer to sleep several times and it reboots fine and the monitor comes on fine. I have not done a long term sleep yet but hopefully that won't be a factor.Cnet link: http://forums.cnet.com/5208-12546_102-0.html?threadID=185067

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/316133/solution-to-blank-screen-after-sleep/
Relevancy 63.21%

Sadly, my netbook updated itself with W10 Anniversary update ~ it now restarts with a blank screen after sleep mode and needs the power button pressed for 2 or 3 secs to turn off, followed by a complete restart :-( Having googled the fault, it would appear many folk have suffered the same problem. Current machines can be cured by installing the latest BIOS update, but sadly for me, with a 'legacy' machine which is 'end of life', I do not have that option. Anyone know of a workaround please ?? I LOVE my Ferrari ONE netbook !!! I have posted this on the microsoft forum too ... I don't hold my hopes up; can I go back and undo the Anniversary update ?? Thanks in advance BRgds

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Ferrari-ONE-200-blank-screen-after-sleep-after-W10-anniversary/td-p/459522
Relevancy 63.21%

This has been posted in a couple of different threads but I'd like to get an answer from Lenovo -- Is there any fix on the horizon for the display not coming on when the system unblanks the screen nbsp I am working around it but not letting my laptop display turn off when on AC of P50 screen blank out sleep coming but I can reproduce the problem of the time if I let the laptop sit idle on AC for minutes and then unplug the AC adapter P50 blank screen coming out of sleep without touching the keyboard or mouse nbsp The display will blank immediately nbsp Pressing a key will turn on the backlight and the OS is clearly awake disk activity starts up again etc but the screen does not appear nbsp Pressing the power button will sleep the system and once it's asleep -- power light throbbing -- I can press the power button again to wake it up and everything works normally nbsp This is extremely frustrating because with the battery life as bad as it is it would be nice to allow it to sleep when I'm on battery but it's such a pain to get it to wake up again that I do everything I can to keep P50 blank screen coming out of sleep it awake for as long as possible nbsp -- pryankster

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P50-blank-screen-coming-out-of-sleep/td-p/3369964
Relevancy 63.21%

When I leave my computer for an extended period of time after returning the screen randomly going Screen blank is sometimes blank I know that everything is still on the screen just won't come on I know things are still running in the background because when I Screen going blank randomly restart my computer by pressing the reset button the only thing that works when I boot back into Windows a few seconds later and relog into an IRC channel I was in before my old nick gets ghosted If my old nick was still in IRC this means my computer was still on and working fine until I hit the reset button - screen being blank was the only issue I've tried multiple things such as hitting the quot wake quot button on the keyboard I've checked my power settings carefully modified them but still no luck There doesn't seem to be any pattern to this behavior it either happens or it doesn't and the time period it takes for it to happen seems random Thank goodness for browser session auto-recovery System Windows i K stock Asus Z mobo x GB Mhz memory GB SSD Radeon Sapphire stable driver TB external WD HDD using wall-power quot Samsung monitor p I've checked temps nothing overheating Software of note Classic shell KCP WMP-HC codec pack Malwarebytes Windows defender AV built-in Online armor QTTabBar

A:Screen going blank randomly

I had an old Dell that would do this, it was trying to go into Sleep mode and it was hanging up, the Power light would change to Orange. It would do this regardless of how I had the sleep options set up, on or off, it would do this randomly.

My solution was to swap out power supplies, do you have an extra one you can put in there? Don't know if it will work for your system.

What is your Motherboard Chipset, see if there is a new version of software drivers for it, also check for a new BIOS package for the MB.

You should try a check of your system memory as well, download Hiren's Boot CD from my link, boot to it, and run one of the memory checkers that it lists. If you run Memtest, run the full thing, don't stop it halfway.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/29914-screen-going-blank-randomly.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi i am a new member here so hi to everybody I have a strange problem with my computer I have Celeron Ghzs processor on Jetway P MFM motherboard I have MB MB of RAM Both of different companies A Watts Adcom power supply gb Seagate harddisc and samsung cd writer and not to forget my vga card is an inbuilt on Prosavage DDR I have Windows Xp Pro SP and Windows installed Now about the problem From past three months my windows xp Pro system is just randomly going blank some times it shows BOSD and sometimes it screen randomly goes My blank just goes blank even restart button does nt work i have to shutdown and restart the system My first action was to scan my My screen goes blank randomly computer with antivirus software I scanned my comp with an updated version of Norton Internet suite and afterwards with updatedversion of McAfee antivirus software and i also scanned my computer with the updated version of Microsoft defender for spyware software but nothing to be found After that i checked my Memory sticks with memtest software for problems but even after one hour of test no errors occured Then i removed all the devices which i could removed and then started my computer but in vian even i checked with on RAM chip at a time but same result I have vacummed my complete system many times thinking that it might be the dust thats causing the problems but the same thing I check the temperates but they were well below the danger mark CPU temp - C Motherboard - C I don t know about the ideal voltages for computer but here are the voltages shown by the Bios CPU V - V - V - now these are the voltages ranges that the Bios showed when i watched them for Minutes these are highest and the lowest which i observed Now one thing will mention here is that my computer is working fine with Windows on a new Fujitsu hard disc which i bought a few weeks ago so Is it the problem with the hard disc and onething there are no bad secters in my Seagate harddisc and i have checked it with scandisc utility for any bad sectors or read write errors So anyone please help me i have used all the methods which i know but in vian so please please help me nbsp

A:My screen goes blank randomly

Try running without the 128MB stick of RAM, some mobos don't like 2 diff size ram sticks or it could just be one or the other stick is going bad. I know you ran 1 hr of memtest but this doesn't always catch bad ram.

How old it the 400W PSU? Take 20-25% off it's rating for every year of full time use. (ie. 24/7) Then go Here and calculate what you actually need. Remember to also take about 30% off the top of the 400W Adcom generic crappy Before you start the yearly aging deduction. (read the sticky at the top the the above link).

Did you set the PC to write minidump files?
Right click on :My Computer/properties/advanced/Start&Recovery
Collect some mindumps (5 or 6) zip them together and post in the Windows OS forum.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-screen-goes-blank-randomly.57558/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi All

I have a new Asus ProArt 246Q using HDMI and the screen is randomly going blank for about 1-4 seconds very frequently. I am using and Asus GTX 560 TI with an Asus HDAV 1.3 card. Both have the latest drivers.

Any help would be much appreciated!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-goes-blank-randomly.1031589/
Relevancy 63.21%

For the last few days anytime i try to put my laptop into sleep mode it just randomly resumes on its own for reasons unknown its kinda bothers me because I like to put it in sleep mode at nights so I can resume my stuff in the morning but its just kinda annoying me can anyone help me with this? it happens with the charger in or out doesnt matter.

A:laptop randomly resumes on its own when i try to put it into sleep mode

Hello Khanster, and welcome to Vista Forums.

Double check each item in this tutorial to see if it can help you find out what may be waking your laptop up.

Power Options and Sleep Mode Problems

The usual culprit is the "Allow to wake computer" settings in the network adapter's Power Management properties in Device Manager.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/207163-laptop-randomly-resumes-its-own-when-i-try-put-into-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I suppose my laptop is pretty old only - years though I have an ASUS K sleep/hibernates, randomly to Laptop goes etc. squeals, F-BBR Laptop randomly goes to sleep/hibernates, squeals, etc. and honestly I don't think I've been taking care of it Laptop randomly goes to sleep/hibernates, squeals, etc. well enough First of all I've been through roughly chargers and the battery is plainly terrible now it can't hold more than seconds until it dies I know I need a new battery but it is fairly expensive and I don't have the money for it These chargers are very cheap although they could last long depending on the owner The replacement chargers are very cheap about max Should I spend the money to buy an OEM adapter My current charger is almost broken I've inferred that the wire inside the insulation has been slightly cut apart In the wrong position the charger sends no power to the laptop The area where it is inserted into the laptop can get very hot at times It often blinks from plugged in to not charging and I'm wondering if the constant stopping and sending of energy effects my laptop Once the power changes from plugged in to not charging a lot the laptop goes to a semi sleep hibernate The laptop lights are still blinking but the screen acts like it went to sleep I cannot do anything to bring back the screen Can I find out why this is happening The right side of my laptop has squealing sounds and I'm guessing it's my hard drive I only hear the sounds when I am doing things such as starting up my computer or opening a file It doesn't happen if I'm idling or doing things such as posting this The central area of my laptop is making a slight but not as loud squeal sound I am guessing this could be my CPU My screen bezel has snapped on one side revealing the metal part that keeps the lid up It has become hard to move and that caused it to break through the frame I don't have any tools other than clear tape to fix this and it's a terrible fix Can someone tell me how I can fix the metal part that has become hard to move I am sorry for anyone who cringed while reading the terrible problems that my laptop has due to my lack of care I will give more detail if needed

A:Laptop randomly goes to sleep/hibernates, squeals, etc.

I would like to comment just one single point.

DO NOT use a lower-than-spec'd power-supply with your portable. It will power on, but will be running in a brown-out condition, causing shortened life due to excessive heat and this heat can cause abrupt shut downs and may even cause hardware issues beyond repair.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/299090-laptop-randomly-goes-sleep-hibernates-squeals-etc.html
Relevancy 62.78%

As the subject says.  I've had this laptop for about a month and this has happened about 5 times now.  I'll be using the laptop and the screen will go into sleep mode.  Pressing keys, clicking buttons on the pad or the mouse won't wake it up.  They only way I've been able to wake it when it does this is either by holding the power button down then power back on, or closing the lid and re-opening it (easiest way).  Based on searches this seems to be an issue with this model, has HP done anything to resolve or address this?  What can I do to fix this?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Pavillion-17-g121wm-screen-randomly-goes-to-sleep-during-use/td-p/5839458
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi I have win installed for a few weeks now which I have been working on and off playing in a bios duel boot setup to see if I like win while keeping my win setup Every thing screen black from 8 (blank) Pro sleep wake Win After x64 has been fine until for the first time I put the computer into sleep after I tried to wake it up the computer started up but the screen was still in the standby state I then had to do a reset as this was the only way I could get the computer to start It went through the boot process and opened to the desktop it a state which showed it had Win 8 Pro x64 After wake from sleep black (blank) screen booted from a hibernation state doc left on desk top open how I left it I tied a few options I had read in the forums like turning off quot powercfg -H off quot and rebooted but this did not fix anything I tried a selective start up in misconfig like a safe mode start and this time when I went to try sleep then tried to wake the computer the monitor at least started up from its sleep mode but was black blank The win x on the duel boot sleeps wakes fine with no problems I Win 8 Pro x64 After wake from sleep black (blank) screen guess the only difference between them is the win is installed on a SSD any further information you need please ask

A:Win 8 Pro x64 After wake from sleep black (blank) screen

Just an update, Been doing a lot of searching of the internet about my problem and I was about to give in, I kept thinking it was my GPU drivers. But I was wrong

I was thinking I might have had some ideas off people from my post, but I guess without it crashing and giving a bsod it made it hard to find what was the problem.

Just to give help to anyone else reading this post I think I have found the answer . I though I had the most up to date drivers for my ACHI controller from the Asus website which where newer than what I had installed.

But once I found out that I had a Intel 5 series chipset, I found some more up to date drivers on Intel's website. Even though when I went there before and ran an online scan it did not offer any updated drivers (I guess Asus had changed them so Intel did not know them to update?)

So the moral I guess is if you think you might have up to date drivers maybe sometimes you need to keep looking, Hope this helps someone as this is a great forum.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/13546-win-8-pro-x64-after-wake-sleep-black-blank-screen.html
Relevancy 62.78%

So this started when I used to put my laptop on sleep and close the lid. When I opened the lid the screen will go blank and I would have to do a hard reboot.As if that was not annoying enough, now even on full restart some times the screen goes blank and I have to hard reboot it to get it working. This is unacceptabily annoying.Please let me know how to resolve these issues. (Am using windows 8.1 and ubuntu 14.04 if that effects the answer)

A:Hp envy 15 Blank screen after sleep and at start

Hello @ankitagarwal , Welcome to the HP Forums! I understand your screen does not recover from sleep mode or restart on your ENVY 15 notebook without doing a hard reset. If this issue persists in both Windows 8.1 and Trusty Tahr you're looking at a hardware or BIOS issue. Make sure the BIOS is up to date (Version F.64, Revision A, Pass 1) using the following download: HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors) If the issue only occurs when closing the lid and not just going to sleep it's most likely a display issue. If it happens without closing the lid as well I would suggest testing an external monitor to test for potential GPU problems. You can also use the HP tools to test for hardware issues with the video output by following this guide: Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 8). Let me know if any of this helps.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Hp-envy-15-Blank-screen-after-sleep-and-at-start/td-p/4528446
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi apologies if this has already been discussed here I did a clean install of Windows -bit over the weekend It looked great installed a few games WaW has issues but I think it's the driver Windows 64-bit sleep/hibernate after blank Win7 screen chose to dl for my Win7 64-bit blank screen after sleep/hibernate ATI Radeon HD On Sunday the machine went into power save sleep or hibernate mode not sure which as I Win7 64-bit blank screen after sleep/hibernate usually disable this option When I sat at the machine and clicked my mouse to quot wake up quot the system it kicked into life All that is except my monitor The amber standby light changed to green to indicate that it was receiving something but the screen was completly black Switching the standby button off and on revealled my desktop for a split second before returning to black again I rebooted My Dell splash screen and the loading windows splash screen appeared but as soon as it moved to the login screen it went black again Same thing - switching monitor standby button off and on displayed my desktop login page as is should but only for a split second So far I've removed and reseated my graphics card no joy switched to my onboard graphics no joy removed two sticks of RAM no joy I'm taking a monitor from work tonight and I'll try that when I get home to rule out any coincidental monitor issue I don't think it's the graphics card or monitor because I can get to see the desktop for a split second by flicking the standby button proving that there's something getting to the screen I've read about various hibernate bugs with Win beta and release candidate but surely these would have been resolved Anyone experience this Any ideas Thanks in advance for your help

A:Win7 64-bit blank screen after sleep/hibernate

I powered down my machine all day while at work and when I came home tonight I crossed my fingers and rebooted. I was fine! Whatever happened has been resolved. I disabled the sleep mode because it must have been related to that!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/32088-win7-64-bit-blank-screen-after-sleep-hibernate.html
Relevancy 62.78%

RE Windows Something strange happened I put my computer in sleep Screen add Can't Start Sleep after blank icons - went mode as I have done many times But this time after I Start Screen went blank after Sleep - Can't add icons brought it back on my Start Screen was missing all the tiles AND I can't put them back When I click the quot All Apps quot button at the bottom my screen just goes blank My desktop works so I haven't lost anything Just have a totally disfunctional Start Screen Symptoms After boot I'm at the Start Screen The screen isn't blank It's got the background and the START in the corner It's just blank of tiles There are no tiles on my Start screen If I go to bottom and right click I see quot All Apps quot and if I click that the screen then goes blank and the background changes The screen is totally blank and nothing works except the side menus There are no tiles listed and no text on the screen I've googled this problem and see this is a known issue except with slightly different symptoms But I can't get it resolved All suggestions require going to Microsoft's Site for this problem They say that you have to use the hotfix I contacted Microsoft from that site and they sent me an email with a link that just takes me back to the site I've run SCF and it found no problems I have gone through a complete update using Windows update and it didn't fix the problem Need a solution to this Where on earth is this hotfix a link to the actual hotfix not some website that goes round and round I don't have the revovery discs so I can't use that If there's really a fix where the heck is it Anyone know of the fix that will fix this problem Not something you've read about but actually tried If you have not had this problem you probably can't help because I can google and read too

A:Start Screen went blank after Sleep - Can't add icons

I contacted microsoft & got this email:

[email protected]
11:34 AM (14 minutes ago)

to me

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

For your convenience, we put the hotfix that you requested on an HTTP site. You can download the hotfix from this site without us filling up your e-mail inbox.

WARNING This hotfix has not undergone full testing. Therefore, it is intended only for systems or computers that are experiencing the exact problem that is described in the one or more Microsoft Knowledge Base articles that are listed in "KB Article Numbers" field in the table at the end of this e-mail message. If you are not sure whether any special compatibility or installation issues are associated with this hotfix, we encourage you to wait for the next service pack release. The service pack will include a fully tested version of this fix. We understand that it can be difficult to determine whether any compatibility or installation issues are associated with a hotfix. If you want confirmation that this hotfix addresses your specific problem, or if you want to confirm whether any special compatibility or installation issues are associated with this hotfix, support professionals in Customer Support Services can help you with that. For information about how to contact support, copy the following link and then paste it into your Web browser:

Microsoft Support

For additional support options, please copy the following link and then paste it into your Web browser:

Microsoft Support

Before you install this hotfix
------------------------------

If you decide to install this hotfix, please note the following items:

Do not deploy a hotfix in a production environment without first testing the hotfix.

Back up the system or the computer that will receive the hotfix before you install the hotfix.

Additional hotfix information
-----------------------------

NOTE For your convenience, we send the hotfix location to you in a hyperlink. To connect to this hotfix location, you can click the hyperlink in the "Location" field that is listed in the table at the end of this e-mail message to have your Web browser open that location. However, sometimes e-mail program settings disable hyperlinks. If the hyperlink in this e-mail message is disabled, please copy the hyperlink in the "Location" field and then pastes it into the address box of your Web browser. Make sure that you include the exact text (without spaces) between the parentheses in the http:// address.
Package:
-----------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------
KB Article Number(s): 2756559
Language: All (Global)
Platform: x64
Location: (http://hotfixv4.microsoft.com/Window...tl_x64_zip.exe)

***************************************************************************************************

I clicked on the Location link & downloaded.
Find it attached.I had to put it in a folder & zip it to attach it.
Try the download link before trying the zipped up file.
BTW-- Have you tried running:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

in the administrator command prompt & THEN sfc /scannow ?

New folder (2).zip

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/23748-start-screen-went-blank-after-sleep-cant-add-icons.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Did a HP bios update.  That was the last time my computer worked!  After I did a restart, it never has booted back up.  Powers on & fans are running but it never boots up.  The screen stays blank & immediately says its going to sleep.  Have tried multiple monitors & cables.  Have hit Esc, F2, F7 at startup multiple times to no avail.  Also took the cmos battery out for a few days with no luck.  Not able to access anything. Please help!!!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Won-t-Boot-Up-Screen-stays-blank-amp-goes-right-to-sleep/td-p/5799485
Relevancy 62.78%

I have recently installed Windows 8 Pro on my PC, which is a Gateway FX, with a Dell 23" LED monitor.

For the most part, everything is fine. On occasion, however, the screen goes completely blank, and there is nothing I can do to "wake it up".

I have tried Ctrl-Alt-Del, the Windows key, right and left clicking the mouse, and nothing works. In order to get the screen to work again, I have to re-boot.

I don't know if this is a monitor issue, or a Windows 8 issue, although I never had this problem before installing Windows 8.

I don't even know how to trouble shoot this problem, so that I know which way to proceed.

A:Screen randomly goes blank, must re-boot

Welcome to EightForums.

Have you updated all your drivers for Windows 8 from the Gateway web site.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/15865-screen-randomly-goes-blank-must-re-boot.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello I have Windows Vista Home Premium bit installed on my Dell XPS M The problem I have is extremely annoying and I have after Laptop Please help! entering mode. sleep randomly crashing no idea how to solve it Many times when I try to take my laptop out of sleep mode it turns on fans are on CPU is running etc but I get a black screen No matter what I press nothing happens so I have to shut the computer off by pushing the power button and turn it back on Then I get the Blue Screen where it asks you if you want to turn on Windows normally etc However this does not happen every single Laptop randomly crashing after entering sleep mode. Please help! time I put my laptop into sleep mode because sometimes it will come out of sleep mode just fine Please help me find a solution to this problem Thanks Some Additional Info I don't have any USB devices attached to my laptop when this occurs nor do I have any automated tasks scheduled

A:Laptop randomly crashing after entering sleep mode. Please help!

Hallo tcc888, there is a great number of possibilities for the cause of sleep mode problems.
From what you have described a good place to start is to look for chipset & graphics driver updates also if you click on the link i have attached it this tutoriaal will help you work through the process of elimination.

Power Options and Sleep Mode Problems

I hope this is of some help

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/263482-laptop-randomly-crashing-after-entering-sleep-mode-please-help.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Recently I've noticed that my laptop has been shutting itself down after I put it to sleep Usually when I'm about to call it a night I put it to sleep as well Sometimes when I wake up in the morning I see that it's shut down so I have to turn it back on Then I see a warning that it was shutdown shuts down or while sleep mode freezes in Laptop randomly improperly I have run memory and processor tests and neither have come up with any issues My latest theory was that iTunes was causing the issue I use an airport express router which allows Laptop shuts down randomly or freezes while in sleep mode me to use AirPlay to stream from iTunes to my stereo I was under the impression that this could be the issue because I noticed a correlation so I began quitting iTunes before I put the machine to sleep This seemed to fix the issue but a similar issue has returned Although this doesn't happen as frequently sometimes when I put the system to sleep it takes a long time or just freezes up Also sometimes after the delay it will sleep only for a few seconds before waking itself back up I have no idea what to check at this point The last thing I did to it was upgrade it to an SSD in mid-December of Before that I upgraded the RAM in the summer of but that's it It's pretty heavy Alienware m x so it sits in my desk for the most part and I use my iPad instead during my classes If needed I can upload any crash info as requested The system specs are what I have listed as my configuration

A:Laptop shuts down randomly or freezes while in sleep mode

Shutdowns during sleep are usually blue screen crash related and specifically 0x9f. Try updating the airport express router drivers as they may be the culprit if they were in the past through iTunes. If they are already up to date, re-install them using the following procedure in case they are corrupted.
Click Start Menu
Right Click My Computer/Computer
Click Manage
Click Device Manager from the list on the left
Find the device you are trying to uninstall by expanding the appropriate set of devices
Right click the device
Click Uninstall (do not click OK in the dialog box that pops up after hitting Uninstall)
Put a tick in Delete driver software for this device (if this option is available, otherwise just hit OK) and hit OK
Restart your computer
Install the latest driver for the device once Windows starts.

Alternatively:Login as an adminstrative user.
Click Start Menu
Click Control Panel
Click Hardware and Sound
Click Device Manager (the last link under Devices and Printers)
Find the device you are trying to uninstall by expanding the appropriate set of devices
Right click the device
Click Uninstall (do not click OK in the dialog box that pops up after hitting Uninstall)
Put a tick in Delete driver software for this device (if this option is available, otherwise just hit OK) and hit OK
Restart your computer
Install the latest driver for the device once Windows starts.

Also, please follow the http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html instructions in case there are blue screen crashes occurring. You may not see the crashes if the system is waking from sleep most to run a scheduled task and then trying to enter back into sleep mode or crashing during the call to wake.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/214226-laptop-shuts-down-randomly-freezes-while-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello For the last two weeks Blank after mode screen to leads BSOD sleep whenever I tried to wake my desktop computer from sleep mode I was presented the sign Blank screen after sleep mode leads to BSOD on screen and within a split second by a blank screen For the last years it had worked perfectly I knew there could be a plethora of reasons for this so I began by disabling ASUS's AI nap After this I decided to update the ATI Radion HD driver I asked it to search the internet and went for a coffee Ten Minutes later much to my amazement it had installed the new driver without me asking There was a warning message which I could not decipher I then ran Norton to scan the entire computerand went for another coffee On return found this Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Files that help describe the problem Mini - dmp sysdata xml Version txt Extra information about the problem BCCode BCP E EC BCP BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product I restarted the computer in safe mode and rolled back the driver I then did an aggressive Norton scan which came up with nothing I used ccleaner to clean out the residual files and checked what was in the start-up list and came across these entries which I immediately disabled I scanned and then removed all references to them from the registry No Task IHSelfDeleteTASK CMD C DEL C Users Paul AppData Local Temp IHU F tmp exe No Task IHUninstallTrackingTASK CMD C DEL C Users Paul AppData Local Temp IHU C tmp exe My problems seem to have been resolved but I thought I would leave a note here in case any one else comes across this problem Paul

A:Blank screen after sleep mode leads to BSOD

Greetings Paul ^_^,Thanks for posting this. In case you are still experiencing BSODs, please feel free to post back -Pranav

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584331/blank-screen-after-sleep-mode-leads-to-bsod/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello all I m a kinda new PC tech been dealing w PCs most of my life but only been doing tech support the past couple years and I ve been working on - signal) goes blank and Screen (No at bootup randomly OS in an older couple s machine the past few days The issue they ve had is that very occasionally the PC will lose video the monitor simply says quot Screen randomly goes blank (No signal) - in OS and at bootup No signal quot From what they ve said the PC is still running while this happens though they have to turn Screen randomly goes blank (No signal) - in OS and at bootup it off for it to come back up They said it even happens sometimes when they try to start the PC up power comes on but no post Screen randomly goes blank (No signal) - in OS and at bootup appears on the screen only the No Signal From what I can guess this indicates an issue in the hardware my guesses were the mobo cpu gpu or ram but I have yet to even be able to duplicate the issue and I ve had the system in my shop for three days now Memtest revealed no errors in the memory and I ran stress tests on the CPU and GPU w Prime and MSI Kombuster respectively but everything seems to run fine though the GPU idles at C degrees but I ve read this isn t unheard of in an GT and even in the stress test it didn t exceed C degrees I opened the case up and made sure no components were loose or fried the mobo is not touching the case everything looks OK in there I haven t ruled out overheating though because the room they keep it in is a TINY little workspace more like a large walk-in closet w an outer window and there s only about fans in the system the back fan the CPU fan and the GPU s fan but I want to make sure I rule out any other causes before I jump to that conclusion Very frustrating because as I said I have yet to be able to duplicate the problem on their PC at my shop Is there ANYTHING else I could try to narrow down the cause I m about at my wits end here ANY help would be appreciated Here s the Belarc Advisor info on the system the PSU is a LiteOn PS- - HA Operating System new server roles System Model Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack build Install Language English United States System Locale English United States Installed AM HP-Pavilion KJ AA-ABA m f System Serial Number MXX MV Enclosure Type Desktop Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz AMD Phenom Quad-Core kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Not hyper-threaded Board ECS Nettle Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Phoenix Technologies LTD new USB Storage Use in past Days mouse over last used for details new Hosted Virtual Machines mouse over name for details Last Used TDK LoR Trans-It Drive -- drive s n B F CF rev PMAP PM Generic- MS MS-Pro -- drive s n rev PM Generic- SD MMC -- drive s n rev PM Generic- Compact Flash -- drive s n rev PM Generic- SM xD-Picture -- drive s n rev PM None discovered Drives new drive encryption Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH L SCSI CdRom Device Optical drive Generic- Compact Flash USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic- MS MS-Pro USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic- SD MMC USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic- SM xD-Picture USB Device Hard drive -- drive ST AS SCSI Disk Device GB -- drive SMART Status Healthy ST AS SCSI Disk Device GB -- drive SMART Status Healthy TDK LoR Trans-It Drive USB Device Hard drive GB -- drive s n Megabytes Usable Installed Memory Slot A has MB Slot A has MB Slot A has MB Slot A has MB Local Drive Volumes new volume encryption c NTFS on drive GB GB free d NTFS on drive GB MB free e NTFS on drive GB GB free Operating System is installed on c Network Drives None discovered Users mouse over user name for details Printers local user accounts last logon Guest PM Rae La Nell PM admin Timothy Keene PM admin local system accounts Administrator AM admin UpdatusUser PM Marks a disabled account Marks a locked account Amyuni Docu... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-randomly-goes-blank-no-signal-in-os-and-at-bootup.1015679/
Relevancy 61.92%

I am having a problem on my laptop with the cursor freezing and then the screen goes blank The screen goes blank goes screen randomly. and Cursor freezes black but you can see that the Cursor freezes and screen goes blank randomly. light is still on for the computer It isnt going in to sleep mode because i disabled it And when it goes blank nothing works i have to hard boot it It happens at random times It is a brand new day old Gateway NV u Vista bit SP ATI Radeon HD AMD Athlon x Dual Core QL- I just bought this computer day before yesterday and Cursor freezes and screen goes blank randomly. it was happening so i brought it back to best buy One of the geek squad guys said it could be an overheating issue so he swapped it out for this one But it started happening again I dont know if it is a hardware issue in these computers or if it is something i am doing And i doubt that two brand new laptops are having overheating issues but i could be wrong I dont know what to do Please help Thanks

Relevancy 61.92%

Sleep and Hibernate modes get my Dell Mobile Precision 7510 to either hang or shut down and I have to power off and on.
I have windows 10. I did enable the hibernate mode in the Power settings.

Any idea what should I do?

Thanks!

A:Sleep and Hibernate modes get my Dell Mobile Precision 7510 to get stuck

Similar issues with my son's 7510 (but better than Win 7).
The odd one was:
 on wakeup, the built in screen was blank (but backlight on), plugging into HDMI then worked.
 Also, it would work if the lid was closed and then reopened.  
 He has set the lid action to 'nothing' for now.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19665341
Relevancy 61.92%

I'm new and have been having a few problems of late first was with the utorrent something and how it would freeze on checked or have problems once computer came back on from sleep mode so i downgraded then I had a random blue screen which i cant remember the title designated to that particular one go of sleep , and loss internet wont to laptop bsod randomly for the last couple of days my computer now wont go on sleep unless i restart and it will randomly lose internet connection messengers and things like that work but web pages will not come up though other computers in the house do not have the same bsod , loss of internet randomly and laptop wont go to sleep problem and when i look in network it says laptop is hooked up to network and wireless is fine I the same problem above this morning and decided to let windows do its update it was turning off as it usually does but took - minutes just stuck on shutting down page and that has never happened before now then when it was restarting before it began the updates a Driver power failure came up computer updated after that and came on as normal my net is working for now but i would like to clear this up as soon as posisble I tend to keep laptop on sleep mode and i restart it at least once a week im out of the house from about pm to at night so im not on at those times I do tend to keep laptop hooked into ac adapter unless i move it ive been more conscious of that lately I cant think of anything else ive left out any help would be greatly appreciated hp pavilion dm laptop gb of ram intel core i - M processor windows home premium x

A:bsod , loss of internet randomly and laptop wont go to sleep

Hi,

From your crash logs:

Code:

* Bugcheck Analysis *
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.
BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa800bc07060, fffff80000b9c3d8, fffffa800796c010}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nusb3hub.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nusb3hub.sys
Probably caused by : nusb3hub.sys
Followup: MachineOwner
---------
0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *
DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
Stop message 0x0000009F Descriptive text: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
Usual cause: A driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.

Update these drivers:

Driver: nusb3hub.sys
Refers to: NEC Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver (previous BSOD issues with 2010 and earlier versions)
Try OEM first - Drivers available at the following link require registration and a lot of research:
http://www.renesas.com/supp/

Driver: Netwsw00.sys
Refers to: Intel? Wireless WiFi Link Adapter

Driver: igdkmd64.sys
Refers to: Intel Graphics driver
Dated: Wed Jul 27 00:22:40 2011
Web-site: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx
Note: Run the Intel? Driver Update Utility

Free up the startup.
Click on the Start button
Type “msconfig" (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the “Startup” tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.

cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/290089-bsod-loss-internet-randomly-laptop-wont-go-sleep.html
Relevancy 61.49%

My computer is a Windows Vista Home Premium x with NVDIVIA drivers The computer in question is not functioning yet as it repeatedly crashes and sends me to a blank black screen as if the computer had been restarted What other specs do I need to provide and what tests do I need to run so that I can provide you with the necessary information for optimal assistance Additional info About two weeks ago my computer had many BSODS usually back to back until magically they all stopped I occurring after my dad opened up the computer to clean the dust out I have not had a single bsod since and this current series of crashes started after my pc froze while audio was on said audio was on loop but only a fraction of the audio Right now the computer will no start up anything not even a load up screen I have to wait about twenty minutes while the computer is powered off for anything to load after I power it up Is this an indication of the problem at hand

A:Computer randomly crashes into a blank, black screen

That could be one of multiple things.
Overheating can cause the computer to shut itself down, especially if you have to wait for it to cool off to use it. Considering it was cleaned recently it is possible that this is not the problem. But the fact that you need to wait a period of time before it starts up suggests that heating is still the cause.

It can also be caused by faulty RAM. I suggest you run Memtest and see if the RAM might be damaged.

To make it easier to identify your problem, it would be useful to know your computer's specs.
Is it pre-built, and if so, what is the Make and Model details?
If its custom built, list the specs here, also including the Power Supply Unit's make and power output, as that can also cause freezes.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-randomly-crashes-into-a-blank-black-screen-645102.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Ok guy s here is the low blank randomly a starting video!!!!!! Screen goes when youtube down I recently bought a new w antec power supply and a amd to replace my old w power supply and gts mb Ive fitted them into the case and all seemed well but about times day not all the time when i load up a youtube video the Screen goes blank randomly when starting a youtube video!!!!!! screen will just go blank however the fans and computer appear to be running Now this has happened about times in total so far and all under the same circumstance as far as gaming goes and other activities I have yet to see this problem so im beginning to think it is not power or graphics related Just to rule a few things out completely reformatted windows still got problem uninstalled old drivers and reinstalled latest amd ones multiple times still got the problem Im pretty sure my power supply is fine as i hav yet to see this issue in a game Uninstalled and reinstalled latest flash player Dont think the monitor is an issue due to it only happening when loading a youtube Screen goes blank randomly when starting a youtube video!!!!!! video I have read somewhere that under my power options having my hd to go off after mins of idleness quot could quot be the issue what do you guys reckon should my display go blank when loading a youtube video with that enabled Now the real mystery here is that it doesnt allways do it it will randomlly do it so I am left clueless as i can not see a reaccuring pattern However I may have put the pins for my new case into the wrong pins in my motherboard not sure it does however turn on and work well and i think there all ok but its something to consider So here I am hopping your technical brains can help lil old me Good luck and thanks for trying to help All the best Sam nbsp

A:Screen goes blank randomly when starting a youtube video!!!!!!

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-goes-blank-randomly-when-starting-a-youtube-video.1033440/
Relevancy 61.49%

Since I bought my new PC about a week ago I've been experiencing the same problem over and over again Typically what happens is that my monitor screen suddenly goes blank and then the 7 restarts and by blank goes randomly Windows hangs itself. Screen CPU either restarts itself or I have to force it to restart There is no discernible pattern to the crashes - it has happened while Windows 7 randomly hangs and restarts by itself. Screen goes blank I was surfing the internet editing a Word document playing a game and it has even happened while my PC was simply left on its own with nothing running not even a browser was open I only found out because the message 'Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown' popped up At a rough count the above problem has occurred about times I have read this forum trying to troubleshoot the problem myself So I have updated my drivers BIOS I have even uninstalled Daemon Tools and removed the sptd sys file by referring to the instructions here All Windows 7 randomly hangs and restarts by itself. Screen goes blank of it hasn't worked and I have been incredibly frustrated Just today I have experienced crashes and I really don't know what else to do so I'm attaching in the form of a zip file the minidump files that were created as Windows 7 randomly hangs and restarts by itself. Screen goes blank a result Please could someone assist with this I would be most grateful

A:Windows 7 randomly hangs and restarts by itself. Screen goes blank

Welcome to SF
the bugcheck indicate error 124 please read this article for further detail
http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...-what-try.html

Code:
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02e18000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`03055e50
Debug session time: Sat Jun 19 14:12:56.476 2010 (UTC + 7:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:06.569
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Mini Kernel Dump does not contain unloaded driver list
* Bugcheck Analysis *
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa80065628f8, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : hardware
---------
Regard

Tuan

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/92228-windows-7-randomly-hangs-restarts-itself-screen-goes-blank.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hey I built a computer for the first time and I recently updated my GPU from a Radeon HD to a Radeon HD When I played games w the Radeon HD I never got the BSOD screen blue updated w/ Blank BSOD, get GPU Randomly and now that I install my new GPU I start to get it randomly while playing games I even replaced my w PSU to a w PSU but that didn't help I also don't know what type of drivers I need for my graphics card I just downloaded AMD catalyst driver and a profile from the AMD website Can someone help me out here please I appreciate all the help I can get Thank you SPECS -ASUS Sabertooth fx new up to date -AMD fx- -core CPU new -A Corsair HighPerformance CPU Cooler new -Corsair XMS gb RAM x gb mhz new -XFX RADEON hd new using a DVI to VGA adapter by EVGA - gb hard drive new -Thermaltake w Powersupply new -Thermaltake full tower case about - years old - inch HP monitor -Windows Ultimate x -Installed once and only once - age of computer is month TEMPERATURE CPU usually degrees Celsius GPU Up to degrees Celsius Motherboard constant degrees Celsius DRAM Same Randomly get BSOD, Blank blue screen w/ updated GPU as motherboard PCI degrees Celsius Anti-virus AVG free edition Advanced system care pro

A:Randomly get BSOD, Blank blue screen w/ updated GPU

I also have 2 small fans entering in the front panel and 2 small fans exiting in the back panel. These fans are also the age of the computer case which is about 4-5 years old.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/202122-randomly-get-bsod-blank-blue-screen-w-updated-gpu.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I've developed a problem where my screen randomly goes black/blank, while everything going on behind it continues. (Kind of like it would if it were going to sleep)

I'm running Vista 32 bit, SP2 RC1, on a Asus MB with Intel Quad Core and 3 GB of DRAM. I have a Diamond MM ATI 4650 Video card, DVI connectec to a Samsung Syncmaster 204B 1600X1200 LCD. ATI Catalyst 9.3 Video driver updates haven't effected it either.

Wiggling the mouse doesn't seem to have and affect, it just comes back when it feels like it, like nothing's wrong.

I saw some refererence to GDI events counts, but in task manager, my GDI count is way below the ceiling.

I'm at a lose.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 60.63%

my screen will randomly go crazy or go blank whenever i play ragnarok online or flyff both online games we have to restart it manually this happens really in random we don t know what s causing this so before we cleaned the fans the monitor will just turn off but cpu is still on we ve already cleaned the fans checked cpu temp and everything is normal screen will just blank screen when crazy or ragnarok/flyff goes playing randomly go crazy and then goes blank we already set the game on it s minimum settings same problem we had ragnarok and flyff working on this same PC before we just did a fresh install of winXP and since then this has been happening we screen randomly goes crazy or blank when playing ragnarok/flyff want reinstalling winXP as our last resort we re in an air-conditioned room so that should also help w the cpu s temp right what else can we do please help my pc s specs windows xp prof w sp intel pentium GHz mb RAM gb hdd gb hdd inno d geforce mx v card realtek ac nbsp

A:screen randomly goes crazy or blank when playing ragnarok/flyff

What temperatures are you getting for your GPU and CPU when the games are open?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-randomly-goes-crazy-or-blank-when-playing-ragnarok-flyff.718841/
Relevancy 60.2%

My laptop was working fine the other day... Came back to it the next morning and the screen wouldn't come on and it kept resetting every 30 seconds or so. Once I finally got it to boot and get to sign in page the screen was all scrambled. But, everything else worked I could log in but couldn't do anything...

Anyone got a solution?

A:blank screen and restarting laptop every few secs or scrambled screen at sign in screen

What do you mean scrambled?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/300612/blank-screen-and-restarting-laptop-every-few-secs-or-scrambled-screen-at-sign-in-screen/
Relevancy 59.77%

i have dell dimension 2400 with windows xp home and sp2. Lately, a when i start up the computer, after the windows xp screen loads, the monitor stays blank for a few minutes before finally going to the welcome page where i put in my password. This has been happening completely at random. But, if I shut of the computer while the screen is blank and i restart it, it comes up fine. But sometimes that doesnt work and I just have to let it sit and wait for it to load. So how can I fix this?

A:Random Blank Screen

Try removing and then installing the latest available video drivers.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/86833/random-blank-screen/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello, I am having issues when trying to boot in regular mode (not safe mode). Safe mode works just fine, I am currently in safe mode with networking. The problem I am having is that when I logon in windows 7, I eventually get a blank screen (sometimes black with backlight on, sometimes white/green/blue and sometimes its weird lines dancing accross my screen) the only way for me to get out of this is to hold the power button until it turns off. I can use safe mode but that's it. The computer is an Acer Aspire one (AOD250) NetbookI have tried:Full scan with super anti spywareFull scan with malwarebytes anti malwareScan with combofix ( I was instructed on another site to do so, but they stopped responding)Run ccleanerRun disk checkI am getting quite frustrated and would appreciate any help very much!

A:Random Blank Screen

Sounds to me like your video card is in the process of dying, I would suggest replacing it while you can.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/381373/random-blank-screen/
Relevancy 59.77%

I re installed my laptop a few weeks ago and installed all the HP Envy drivers recommended, when this problem started appearing. So I'm assuming it's driver related but I have no idea which.

I never get BSODs during normal use, but when I leave the laptop unattended and it goes into sleep mode, it might or might not BSOD with "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" or "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". It happens only like 20% of the time, seemingly at random.

Thanks in advance!

A:Random BSOD when laptop tries to sleep (ntoskrnl.exe)

Welcome to SevenForums.

Kaspersky antivirus is causing BSOD-s for you. Please uninstall it and use Microsoft Security Essentials at least to test.

Code:
STOP 0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Usual causes: Device driver
BugCheck D1, {0, 2, 8, 0}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for klim6.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for klim6.sys
Probably caused by : klim6.sys ( klim6+28f0 )
fffff800`00b9b768 fffff880`04bb411dUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\kneps.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for kneps.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for kneps.sys
kneps+0x311d
Removal tool for Kaspersky Lab products
Recommended antivirus program for Windows 7 based on stability compared to others:-
Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows
Microsoft Security Essentials Download | Free Spyware Protection
Malwarebytes - The Free version
Good and Free system security combination.
Do not start the free trial of Malware Bytes; remember to deselect that option when prompted.

Run a full scan with both (separately) once downloaded, installed and updated.

Update your graphic card drivers to their latest. Click on the Start ► Control Panel ► Programs ► Uninstall a program ► Uninstall everything related to; ATI. Reboot the computer if you are prompted.

Download and install drivers from the link below: (Choose custom install and avoid CCC - Catalyst control center) during installation.Download AMD Catalyst Drivers 12.10 Vista 64 - FileHippo.com

Update Intel Graphics Drivers:Source: Driver Reference TableUpdate Applian Network Service/Applian Technologies APPLIAND helper driversSource: Driver Reference TableUpdate Intel? Wireless WiFi Link Adapter drivers:Source: Driver Reference TableCheck if enabling or disabling USB selective suspense helps:USB Selective Suspend - Turn On or Off
Run the System File Checker that scans the of all protected Windows 7 system files and replaces incorrect corrupted, changed/modified, or damaged versions with the correct versions if possible:
Click on the
Type CMD on Search
Left click and Run as Administrator
Type SFC /scannow
Full tutorial here:SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Run Disk Check on your hard disk for file system errors and bad sectors on it:Disk Check
Free up the start-up, nothing except the antivirus is usually needed.Startup Programs - Change
Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
Let us know the results.
Good luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/264820-random-bsod-when-laptop-tries-sleep-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I am new here obviously and would like to start by saying thank you for hearing out my issue I will get straight to into sleep laptop random mode. webpages up goes after the point random webpages up after laptop goes into sleep mode. My wife's computer will pull up random websites and sometimes windows menus after it has been put into sleep mode via closing the lid random webpages up after laptop goes into sleep mode. She started to notice it about a week after she installed Windows Currently running or about a month ago She will close out her tabs before she gets off close the lid then sometimes when she opens it back up she will have random webpages up after laptop goes into sleep mode. multiple windows and internet tabs google Chrome open that she has never been to they mostly appear to be ads Sometimes the will even start to play sound while the computer is still closed and we are in another room it was a little freaky the first few times Neither her or I have noticed any error messages and I have run multiple virus scans Avira Free Antivirus version Which have all come up clean So my first question is is this something to be worried about and secondly How do I fix it Thank you all in advance for the help

A:random webpages up after laptop goes into sleep mode.

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2. SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.NOTE 3. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message restart computer and Security Check should run Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit (MBAR) to your desktop.Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting promp... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/590950/random-webpages-up-after-laptop-goes-into-sleep-mode/
Relevancy 59.77%

Good day everyone,

Basically I keep getting problems with my laptop not going to sleep or hibernating. It seems to happen randomly. Sometimes it will work and other times it won't, the system will just hang then approximately 10 minutes later it will automatically shut down. When I turn it back on I get the error message : "Windows Didn't Shut Down Successfully".

My system is :

Windows 7 Home Premium 64
AMD Athlon TF-20 1.6ghz
4.0GB RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon X1200
As far as I know I've got the latest drivers. I would also like to mention that I even get this problem when I'm running Win 7 32, so I'm basically at a lost here and would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks a lot guys.
Jordan JP

PS I attached the .dmp file for analysis

A:Random BSOD when putting laptop to sleep

Quote: Originally Posted by JordanJP

Good day everyone,

Basically I keep getting problems with my laptop not going to sleep or hibernating. It seems to happen randomly. Sometimes it will work and other times it won't, the system will just hang then approximately 10 minutes later it will automatically shut down. When I turn it back on I get the error message : "Windows Didn't Shut Down Successfully".

My system is :

Windows 7 Home Premium 64
AMD Athlon TF-20 1.6ghz
4.0GB RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon X1200
As far as I know I've got the latest drivers. I would also like to mention that I even get this problem when I'm running Win 7 32, so I'm basically at a lost here and would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks a lot guys.
Jordan JP

PS I attached the .dmp file for analysis

This one was caused by your broadcom wifi driver. I would download and install a fresh copy

Let us know if you need help

Ken

Code:
Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Sun May 30 00:16:30.629 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 9:23:54.048
BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa8004339a20, fffff80000b9c518, fffffa800469a7b0}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for bcmwl664.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for bcmwl664.sys
Probably caused by : bcmwl664.sys
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F
PROCESS_NAME: System

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/88204-random-bsod-when-putting-laptop-sleep.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello !

I had wondows 7 ultimate running on my internet machine for 2 weeks. Almosi every day 3 or 4 times a day i would get a completely blank dislplay and then the machine would shut down. There were no critical errors that i could find.

So i installed Ubuntu 12.04 on the same machine with no changes at all. Ubuntu 12.04 is very resource intensive. After 48 hours of running not one crash , blank screen, or any other major problem.

I had the same windows 7 problem on my self built and the dell gx280 i had it installed on. Same problem completely different machines.

I do not think i will be going back to windows , as the experience stated above explains windows 7 is still in need of a lot of development work. When i ran win95 second edition was the last time i have experiences with windows like i have had with windows 7.

Good luck with all you folks that can get it running properly.

A:Blank Screen then random shut down

Sorry to hear about your problems with Windows 7. Millions of computers are using this OS without incident. The fact you can run Ubuntu without incident would seem to rule out any hardware problems. So from my perspective, it sounds more like the Windows 7installation got borked rather than some built-in problem with Windows 7. Perhaps there was a power glitch during the install, or the install media itself was dirty or scratched resulting in damaged or corrupt system files. You could check these files by running a system file checker scan from an elevated command prompt (option two.) If problems are noted run the scan 3 times rebooting in between each scan.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Or you could try a repair install.

Repair Install

Or as a last resort use a different Ultimate install disk to rule out a bad install media. But until you try these steps I think it's very premature to say Windows 7 has development issues. IMHO.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/239527-blank-screen-then-random-shut-down.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I m using an times at goes blank random screen IBM Thinkpad T running Windows screen goes blank at random times XP My video card screen goes blank at random times is an ATI Mobility Radeon I m not exactly sure screen goes blank at random times what I did if I did anything but last night while I was using my laptop my screen went blank but my hardrive light was still flashing The screen wouldn t come back for anything so I restarted it and the screen goes black again after a few minutes of using my computer So again I restarted and the screen would be blank on boot Not even the screen where it says quot IBM Thinkpad quot displays Testing out a few more restarts I found out that the screen would go blank at random times Either during boot or right after Windows XP loads or after a few minutes of using the laptop On certain times after a restart I would get an error message about my ati driver causing the problem So I try to reinstalll the latest catalyst driver from the ati site but it can t install because it says I have to have a Standard VGA driver installed before installing the new driver The thing is that I don t know how to install the Standard driver I m also wondering if its even the driver thats the problem because the screen does go black even in the BIOS I assume it s a hard drive problem maybe causing a dll fill in my video drivers to be corrupted or some sort I don t know really I would really appreciate it if someone knew what my problem was and how to fix it nbsp

A:screen goes blank at random times

First thing I would try is to do an error-check on your hard drive. Click on your "My Computer" icon then right click your hard drive icon, go to "Properties". Click on the "Tools" tab then, under Error-Checking, click "Check Now..." Then check "Automaticly fix system errors" and "Scan for and attempt to recovery of bad sectors". You'll have to restart then it will automaticly start the check. Hope this helps you.

Gamester

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-goes-blank-at-random-times.28041/
Relevancy 58.91%

I m using an IBM Thinkpad T running Windows XP My video card is an ATI Mobility Radeon I m not exactly sure what I did if I did anything but last night while I was using my laptop my screen went blank but my hardrive light was still flashing The screen wouldn t come back for anything so I restarted it and the screen goes black again after a few minutes of using my computer So again I restarted and the blank goes times at random screen screen would be blank on boot Not even the screen where it says quot IBM Thinkpad quot displays Testing out a few more restarts I found out that the screen would go blank at random times Either during boot or right after Windows XP loads or after a few minutes of using the laptop On certain times after a restart I would get an error message about my ati driver causing the problem So I try to reinstalll the latest catalyst driver from the ati site but it can t install because it says I have to have a Standard VGA driver screen goes blank at random times installed before installing the new driver The thing is that I don t know how to install the Standard driver I screen goes blank at random times m also wondering if its even the driver thats the problem because the screen does go black even in the BIOS I assume it s a hard drive problem maybe causing a dll fill in my video drivers to be corrupted or some sort I don t know really I would really appreciate it if someone knew what my problem was and how to fix it nbsp

A:screen goes blank at random times

If the screen is blanking during the bios setup screen then the fault is far more serious than a drive error. If your laptop is still under warranty then i recon taking it back to get it fixed or replaced would be your best bet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-goes-blank-at-random-times.28042/
Relevancy 58.91%

Well this problem is REALLY weird Random Blank screen screwup but I ll try to Random Blank screen screwup explain It usually happens when I have Winamp open can happen at other times and I click on a song in my Playlist When I do so the entire screen goes black for a short while doesn t go into standby it s still on but just goes blank when the screen comes back on after a few seconds some strange stuff happens - Double left clicking doesn t work - Everything speeds right up the cursor starts flashing x faster my Firewall Icon starts Random Blank screen screwup flashing much faster the Marquee of the Song name on Winamp starts flying back and forwards much faster the little MSN window which tells you who just came online pops up for about half a second then goes back down opposed to the usual couple of seconds I ve also had a problem of my Monitor randomly turning off usually when I m on a game or using Photoshop I checked my CPU GPU temperature and thats fine I ve also had a couple of random computer lock-ups in which I ve had to restart not sure if that relates to the original problem or not I ve never usually had these problems and I ve always made a point of keeping my Computer clean and healthy But this has just started happening recently and its very strange indeed My OS is Windows XP any other info available on request Thanks people nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

Just as the thread title says. This used to be something that happened only once in a blue moon, but now pretty much EVERY TIME my laptop is sleeping/hibernating and i wake it up and log back in, the laptop goes berserk. I basically get one of two things:

1. Random programs open (from Skyrim to like 5 excel sheets to notepad to powerpoint, you get the picture).
2. My mouse will click whatever it is hovering over and/or my keyboard will type a letter/the enter key indefinitely.

I do use a USB mouse/keyboard, but one time for testing i unplugged my mouse and keyboard and the problem persisted even when they were unplugged. Also, i dont think i have a virus/malware becasue i ran Norton 360's scan as well as Symantecs power eraser tool and both say my system is clean.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi I have a random shutting down problem with my -years old Toshiba Satellite A -S laptop It started with randomly Sleed mode and Hard Shut Down without any warning It looks like somebody pressed on power button Last week it started to appear more recently Sleep/Powed Down/Reset on Random laptop Toshiba and now sometime my Laptop can not even start up Computer switch itself off just seconds after I switch it on Random Sleep/Powed Down/Reset on Toshiba laptop My conclusion is that a problem is with power on off module on the mother board I have disassembled everything RAM HD monitor CD keyboard speakers media buttons mouse external connectors and power button harness as well Remained just motherboard with CPU GPU cooling unit ventilator BIOS battery and external power supply I make short shorting on connector of power button to power it on but nothing new - after seconds it switch itself off like power button is still kept pressed I was suggested to run Combofix tool to eliminate the software problem Could somebody read the attached combofix log file and explain me the result of the scan please Is any idea how to fix or bypass this issue Any suggestion will be appreciates Combofix Log File ComboFix - - - Alex -Jul- - x Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT Running from c users Alex Desktop ComboFix exe AV PC Tools Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus Enabled Updated F A -D E - DF -A AE-CB F AB SP PC Tools Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus Enabled Updated BB -F DA- F- A E-F FF F SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Other Deletions c users Alex g mdlhlpx exe c users Alex WINDOWS Files Created from - - to - - - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Default AppData Local temp - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers pctwfpfilter sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers pctgntdi sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers pctEFA sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers pctDS sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers PCTCore sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers PCTSD sys Random Sleep/Powed Down/Reset on Toshiba laptop - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers pctBTFix sys - - - - ----a-w- Random Sleep/Powed Down/Reset on Toshiba laptop c windows system drivers pctplsg sys - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x PC Tools Security - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x Common Files PC Tools - - - - -------- d-----w- c programdata PC Tools - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft Windows Defender Definition Updates EB DCC -C D- F -BA - B E A FF offreg dll - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft Windows Defender Definition Updates EB DCC -C D- F -BA - B E A FF mpengine dll Find M Report - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wups dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wuaueng dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wuauclt exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wups dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wuapi dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wucltux dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wudriver dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wuwebv dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wuapp exe - - - - ------w- c windows system MpSigStub exe Reg Loading Points Note empty entries amp legit default entries are not shown REGEDIT HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Internet Explorer URLSearchHooks quot bf fa-e b - db -af e- d a bfc quot quot c program files x uTorrentBar tbuTor dll quot - - HKEY CLASSES ROOT clsid bf fa-e b - db -af e- d a bfc HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Wow Node Browser Helper Objects F B -B - - B- FBA BD D - - ----a-w- c program files x ConduitEngine ConduitEngine dll HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Wow Node Browser Helper Objects bf fa-e b - db -af e- d a bfc - - ----a-w- c program files x uTorrentBar tbuTor dll HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Wow Node Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar quot bf fa-e b - db -af e- d a bfc quot quot c program files x uTorrentBar tbuTor dll quot - - quot F B -B - - B- FBA BD D quot quot c program files x ConduitEngine ConduitEngine dll quot - - HKEY CLASSES ROOT clsid bf fa-e b - db ... Read more

A:Random Sleep/Powed Down/Reset on Toshiba laptop

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/462224 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows, you should not bother creating a GMER log. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GMER logAs I am just... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/462224/random-sleeppowed-downreset-on-toshiba-laptop/
Relevancy 58.91%

My Toshiba Satellite C50-A-1DV laptop, running on Windows 8.1 keeps booting up from sleep mode between midnight and five AM. It starts, the disc in the disc drive spins, waking me up, and after it gets to the login screen it shuts down again. I've been told to check scheduled maintenance but it wasn't, and has never, been enabled. On the 6th of May it started up at around 1:35AM. On the 7th it started at around 4:35AM. On the 8th it started up at 4:20AM (It's 4:20 man!). I've had it for a year and two months and this only started on the 6th. It's probably something simple but I can't keep getting woken up by this machine. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

A:Laptop Booting Up from Sleep at Random Times in Morning

Run command prompt as administrator, then type the following and press enter:

powercfg -lastwake

This should provide some information about what caused the last wake event (usb device, wake timer, etc.).

Next check for wake timers. Type the following and press enter:

powercfg -waketimers

Reply with the results of these commands.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575579/laptop-booting-up-from-sleep-at-random-times-in-morning/
Relevancy 58.05%

I just tried to call and speak to someone to get an answer but that was useless Your tech tried to tell HP random Pavillion 27xw back sleep/flashing screen me that the problem I am having is my computer is in sleep mode It is not nbsp The issue I am having is HP Pavillion 27xw random sleep/flashing back screen I could be randomly on the computer and the monitor will just randomly flash black and act like the HDMI came unplugged I don't recall exactly what it says but the monitor says something about the display is going to sleep Like it isn't recognizing anything is plugged into the HDMI nbsp To fix this issue I have to unplug the HDMI let it set for minutes then plug it back in and it seems to fix it for a day or two I have checked the HDMI I have tried multiple HDMI's HP Pavillion 27xw random sleep/flashing back screen bought brand new ones Same result nbsp I also noticed when trying to flip between browser tabs I get random black flashes like the monitor is trying to switch between resolutions or something Everything is set to x and this only happens on occasion Other times it works flawlessly nbsp I am no stranger to computers I work with computers daily I custom build them You name it For that guy to tell me it's my computer going to sleep is a joke The computer is on My second screen is on It's something with the monitor itself nbsp I have tried my old monitor and have zero issues nbsp Drivers are up to date on both the monitor and graphics card Windows is also up to date Any suggestions

A:HP Pavillion 27xw random sleep/flashing back screen

Hi there @b2grfx,Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with the monitor going black. I will be glad to help you. Please try the steps from Monitor is Blank. Also try steps for your computerTroubleshooting HDMI Display and Sound IssuesTroubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10 Please keep me informed of how things went.If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! Thanks   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Pavillion-27xw-random-sleep-flashing-back-screen/td-p/5484514
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello hard sound, + blank screen Random no reset community My first setup Motherboard AsRock M A GXH M AMD GX CPU AMD Phenom II x AM Black Edition Random blank screen + no sound, hard reset BOX GPU BFG GeForce GTX OC MAXCORE RAM GB x GoodRam GB DDR MHz CL HDD RAID HDD overall FULL HD Monitors WLAN USB TP-LINK TL-WN N PSU OCZ OCZ ModXStream Pro W Case Cooler Master Centurion ----------------------- Basically I do some D stuff Random blank screen + no sound, hard reset on my PC and play Fifa series and League of Random blank screen + no sound, hard reset Legends Never had problems with my setup till few months ago While I was playing League of Legends or Fifa I started to have random blank screens no input detected and also I lost sound in that moment PC was still running and the only thing I could do was to press power for seconds to shut it down It could have happened after games or games I also were losing internet connection while playing and only while playing other devices at home had internet all the time I have always had good temps on everything but since I don t care about details in game I pulled out my GPU this Mobo got integrated AMD Radeon HD No matter which input I used on this Radeon HD HDMI VGA or DVI VGA I still had random disconnects from home network and I know that this usb wlan is good checked it on other PCs at home it looked like it was overheating or something but I never had any extraordinary temps on HWMonitor I decided to change my motherboard to ASUS M A -M EVO I put my GPU back again and problems were still occuring blank screen no sound hard reset At that time I was sure that my GPU is broken I started to play games on integrated Radeon HD and boom blank screen no sound again I had random USB problems as well my Tablet WLAN or mouse dc once in a while USB doesn t work I have ASMedia drivers from asus website I have all the latest drivers never OCed Now I have blank screen no sound situations even when not playing but when I leave PRIME for hrs testing errors warnings I don t want to buy new GPU cause I am not sure if it s broken for real and I probably have good Mobos Is it the PSU What should I do Looking for help and sorry english is not my native language nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-blank-screen-no-sound-hard-reset.1079220/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi Folks DxDiag is attached - I have reformatted only a few days ago - Hardware was recently tested in pc repair centre When I boot the PC up I have a blank screen until i hit the log in to windows screen The monitor indicator light is red until this time and Screen Blank Desktop to Crash Solved: Random Trying to play Warhammer Age of Reckoning I get a blank screen on launch although I can still here sound - The game is fully patched - I have played with usersetting xml to try to open in windowed Solved: Blank Screen and Random Crash to Desktop mode and change in game resolution - I have installed DirectX c several times I get random crashes to desktop from Counter Strike Source and Dawn of War the only two other games I have as yet tried on this PC This typically happens within minutes of playing the game - I have tweaked in-game graphics settings Thanks for your time people I hope you can help as this PC has been an absolute nightmare Solved: Blank Screen and Random Crash to Desktop DxDiag follows Regards Mesmis nbsp

A:Solved: Blank Screen and Random Crash to Desktop

Also, have just tryed to play dvd on windows media and again, no picture, just sound.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-blank-screen-and-random-crash-to-desktop.761006/
Relevancy 57.62%

Two days ago I downloaded and installed the game Minecraft for my son After successful install when I first opened the game my laptop screen went blank and no other response from it well not actually blank but vertical black and white lines I had frozen and random goes times computer Screen blank at to press and hold the power button to shut it down and then tried to turn it back on The fan and lights came on but no response from the display except the backlight Not even the bios splash screen I shut it back down and let it sit for a little while and tried to boot again and this time was successful just as if nothing had happened Everything seemed to be fine except it was now running a Screen goes blank and computer frozen at random times little sluggish I proceeded to uninstall the game and ran a full virus scan with Malware Bites Anti-Malware which found nothing I then figured it was just some type of glitch or overheat and played around with it for a little bit and everything was working fine I then walked away from it but just by chance happen to notice that as soon as the screen saver came on I had the same blank screen and frozen problem as described before I shut it down as I did before and tried to restart but this time it restarted just fine as Screen goes blank and computer frozen at random times opposed to the last time where I couldn t even get the bios flash screen I only booted into safe mode this time Again everything seemed fine while in safe mode so I took a break and went to have dinner Screen goes blank and computer frozen at random times only to come back to another blank screen remembering this was while it was still in safe mode I rebooted again into normal mode and ran system restore to the day before I installed the game After the restore I played around with it more tested the screen saver played some videos etc and it seemed fine except for still the sluggishness I walked away for a little bit glancing over every now and then to see if it happened again and I saw the screen saver working just fine Then just randomly it happened again blank screen and un-responsive I can t seem to see anything in specific that triggers it It has happened a dozen more times intermittently since then and seems to have no rhyme or reason to what causes this problem Sometimes the screen goes completely blank other times it has those vertical black and white lines sometimes it restarts just fine while others I can t even get the bios screen pre-boot info to display and others I get the bios to display but stays blank afterwards In my own research and knowledge it may seem like a hardware problem but if it is indeed something like the graphics adapter failing would it not be just a working or not state Why would it work sometimes and then fail after a random amount of time working Another suggestion would be some type of overheating problem I have had problems with the fan screaming and bottom of the laptop very hot even when the computer is at idle but through this whole problem the fan has been nice and quiet and I have even taken more precaution and given the bottom vents more ventilation Being that most likely it is probably related to one of those suggestions I still find it a little too coincidental that the problem started just as the graphics loaded when I first started that game mentioned in the beginning Any suggestions It is really getting annoying I think it s fixed or it s not showing symptoms then I ll walk away to come back to it frozen Just an added note with the exception of one time not including the original event every time it freezes goes blank it has been while the computer is at idle with nobody using it

A:Screen goes blank and computer frozen at random times

See if you can get into Safe Mode to use Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/253388-screen-goes-blank-computer-frozen-random-times.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Need help here.

I have a HP laptop DV9543cl with 32bit Vista. Last Thursday (6/3/2010), Vista update icon showed up and asked me to install the update. As always, i did that. Once install was done, it asked for a reboot which i did. It started booting up again and when it finished Windows logo screen, it went blank and no display with all the other lights were in correct status. I waited for a long time before attempting a reboot. Since then i don't see anything on the screen after the initial BIOS screen (Which is also all jumbled up). I tried F8 (BIOS) and F11(Restore) but no screen. Don't know what to do but i am pretty sure that Laptop is working ok just not displaying anything. I am going to try Remote desktop on it now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Blank screen after initial boot screen for HP Laptop with Vista

have you tried ringing up HP support line?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/blank-screen-after-initial-boot-screen-for-hp-laptop-with-vista-490134.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi its been about a year im getting random crashes and BSODs with my Vaio laptop, I recently restored the laptop to factory settings, hoping that it would fix the problem, but its just getting worse.
I am getting BSOD about two times a day , doing every thing : playing warcraft, skyrim ; copying files from a drive to other drive, listening to music ,etc..
before I restored to factory settings, a BSOD was sometimes shown saying : A clock on a secondary processor was not received or sth like that. I thought it was my graphics card so i started trying all kinds of drivers bot of no use.

Now with my new systems I get random Blank screens with Grrrrrr ing sound and when i reboot, windows sometimes says
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

and that's it, I'm hopeless. I even cleaned all the dust in my laptop , not even overheating

So what can I do now?

A:Random Blank screen (BSOD detected after reboot),now frequent!

0x101 bugchecks (the "clock on secondary processor" one) cannot be analyzed with minidumps. Access to a kernel dump (the big MEMORY.DMP file in your Windows directory) are smallest dumps necessary to ascertain cause.

As for the other crashdump you provided, it was a 0x50 crashdump which is very common. What I can tell from looking at the minidump, it appears the contents in one of your CPU's registers got roughed up. What caused it, I cannot tell from this, but I would most likely venture to guess this is hardware, primarily your CPU at fault (especially since you just did a factory reset and it didn't resolve the problem). The CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT bugcheck from the other crashdump would also add as evidence to this. Unfortunately, given that this is a laptop, unless it's (doubtful) memory that's the problem here, you most likely have a failing CPU or motherboard, in which case the whole thing will need to be sent for servicing or replacement.

If you wish to be absolutely sure it's not memory, then run Memtest86+ on your system for at least 7 passes. Note that CPU problems can still potentially manifest themselves in this test, so don't take it as a 100% guarantee that it's your memory.

Analysts:

Code:
TRAP_FRAME: fffff88009d065d0 -- (.trap 0xfffff88009d065d0)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=000000000000f400 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffffa800b7c3000
rdx=000000000000005c rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff80002ec3fba rsp=fffff88009d06768 rbp=fffffa8003744290
r8=0000000000000000 r9=fffffa800b7c2f80 r10=00360057004f0057
r11=fffffa800b7c2f80 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz na po nc
nt!wcsrchr+0x6:
fffff800`02ec3fba 0fb701 movzx eax,word ptr [rcx] ds:fffffa80`0b7c3000=????
Resetting default scope
Instruction at address fffff800`02ec3fba attempted to read memory address held in the rcx register to copy a portion of its contents into eax register. The memory address read was bad. Minidumps can't tell why, and this looks like a legit address, so nothing initially appears wrong. Let's look at the code flow to see where rcx originally got this address in the first place (using Disassembly window and giving it the address of the faulting instruction as the offset):

Code:
nt!wcsrchr:
fffff800`02ec3fb4 4c8bc9 mov r9,rcx < r9 has a copy of rcx's contents
fffff800`02ec3fb7 4533c0 xor r8d,r8d
fffff800`02ec3fba 0fb701 movzx eax,word ptr [rcx] < this is faulting instruction
While we haven't found where rcx got its contents, we did see that we should have an exact copy of rcx in the r9 register, as rcx moved its contents into r9. Let's see what r9 register says:

Code:
2: kd> r
Last set context:
rax=000000000000f400 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffffa800b7c3000
rdx=000000000000005c rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff80002ec3fba rsp=fffff88009d06768 rbp=fffffa8003744290
r8=0000000000000000 r9=fffffa800b7c2f80 r10=00360057004f0057
r11=fffffa800b7c2f80 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
r9 does not match rcx. There is nothing that should've caused the contents to have changed, meaning the context of the thread got messed up or the register itself got messed up (most likely register). This is indicative of hardware failure (primarily CPU).

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/218119-random-blank-screen-bsod-detected-after-reboot-now-frequent.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi I have purchased a new HP ENVY Notebook - 14-j007tx and upgraded the OS to Windows 10.It was working fine for the first 3 days. Now, everyday atleast once when I use Chrome, the laptop screen goes blank.I can see that the keyboard is on and I can hear sounds when I press random keys on keyboard.The finger print sensor and the Processor seems to be running, but the screen is still blank. I did a force restart by pressing the power button down for like 20 seconds. That fixes the issue temporarily, but the issue crops up again after some hours. Any suggestions on what must be causing this? My laptop is just 7 days old..

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Screen-Goes-Blank-Random-HP-ENVY-Notebook-14-j007tx-Windows/td-p/5651828
Relevancy 57.19%

The first problem with this issue is that it is erratic it tends to happen alot or only once or twice each day I basically load up the laptop BSOD P370 loading Clevo when programs laptop random randomly on load for example Chrome GMAIL and BSOD randomly on P370 Clevo laptop when loading random programs bang BSOD load it up again load up Spotify and BANG BSOD Load it up again and load BSOD randomly on P370 Clevo laptop when loading random programs Chrome and nothing its fine and then its fine the entire session I use it Its a custom built Clevo P m Laptop using dual Radeon m graphic cards I have attached a zip of all the files after running I just want to give you a brief overview of what I have already tried All the issues stem from ATIKMDAG SYS at least thats what BLUESCREENVIEW seems to suggest see image below So I tried following a guide about manually expanding the atikmdag sy file to pull it out and replace the existing file in c windows system That didn't work I tried checking some hardware conflicts in the Device Manager so I checked the hardware ID's of my Graphics cards and then compared them to some hardware ID's of some SYSTEM DEVICES I had audio controllers they matched so I disabled the audio controllers and that seems to stop the crashing See image below However the audio controllers reactivate and the bluescreen seems to continue Conclusions I believe its a directx conflict with the Radeon drivers I could be wrong hence the reason I am enquiring with you guys as this has been going on for a while now and I have just tolerated it as I don't use the laptop as much as my main PC but its a great laptop and the blue screening seems to be getting worse or my tolerance for it is getting less Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated

A:BSOD randomly on P370 Clevo laptop when loading random programs

All the recent BSODs are display related, and all those are with the display driver 14.12 Omega.

What was the situation before you updated the display driver? And it was the same with some earlier driver versions, too. So probably the driver does not have anything to do there, at least apparently.

Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark. Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark
Take a screenshot of the furmark window before closing it. Upload the screenshot for us.

Is the computer hot? Report us the heat of the computer after a couple of hours of your normal usage. Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy. Alternatively, you can publish a Speccy snapshot too: Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs .

Let us know the results.

Code:
BugCheck 100000EA, {fffffa800a108b50, 0, 0, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys
Probably caused by : dxgkrnl.sys ( dxgkrnl!TdrTimedOperationBugcheckOnTimeout+37 )

---------

Code:
BugCheck 116, {fffffa800b2b62d0, fffff88007251848, 0, 2}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+b848 )

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/357445-bsod-randomly-p370-clevo-laptop-when-loading-random-programs.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi everyone Got a bit of a problem which I need help on please The screen has my Screen Laptop Laptop on gone blank Dell M1530 gone blank but works on an external monitor this only started to happen after I Laptop Screen gone blank on my Dell M1530 Laptop let my son use my laptop he and his friends have connected their iPads etc for films and music but strangely sometimes it comes on without any problem when I boot up as normal so it is still working this has happened on other occasions Laptop Screen gone blank on my Dell M1530 Laptop I am sure it can be rectified but I don't have a clue really See below for what I have tried so far Checked monitor display - it shows the external monitor as the primary display only and I can't seem to get it to display the laptop monitor Checked the internet for possible solutions but could not properly understand everything to rectify the problem Could it possibly be anything to do with the amount of memory that has beenused up my son has used most of it for his music amp films etc Please help Cheers folks Kenny Khan Wales UK gt

A:Laptop Screen gone blank on my Dell M1530 Laptop

Hi and welcome to TSF try page 42 here http://support.dell.com/support/edoc...RU335A01MR.pdf

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-screen-gone-blank-on-my-dell-m1530-laptop-663852.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I've got a problem with my laptop a HP G - DX First a little history This was my wife's laptop until she dropped it and broke the display screen We hooked it up to a monitor and she was good to go Last Christmas I got her a new computer and again she was all set In the screen a white blank shows screen laptop New just meanwhile I've been using this old Dell laptop from with WinXP in it Works but is slow as all get out A few months ago I decided to use my wife's old computer for myself It comes with Windows and works quite well Last June I made the mistake of trying New laptop screen shows just a blank white screen the Windows upgrade and what a disaster that turned out to be So I reverted back to Win but I lost all the drivers that came with it so New laptop screen shows just a blank white screen I was stuck So recently I bought a new screen for my wife's old computer and I New laptop screen shows just a blank white screen installed it today So guess what The screen works fine but all I get is a blank white screen Nothing at all It's as if the computer can't display anything at all I just don't understand it The computer fires up but that's it No start screen no nothing Just a blank white screen Anybody have any ideas as to what's wrong and how I could fix this

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/621566/new-laptop-screen-shows-just-a-blank-white-screen/
Relevancy 56.76%

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
2011 HP dv6t laptop
i7-2820QM processor
4 gigs of RAM
Radeon HD 6770m graphics

Starting yesterday, my screen will occasionally go black for variable amounts of time. Typically it will go black for one second, then back to normal for two or three, then black for about ten seconds, then back to normal for a while. However the screen isn't just black, there is also a little bit of RGB fuzz/noise on the left side of the screen. Typically it has occurred when just browsing with chrome or browsing the steam store, so it seems like it couldn't be anything being overworked...

Is this just some setting that's overloading, or is my graphics card starting to die, or is it some visible symptom of malware, or something completely different?

Thanks in advance

A:Screen randomly goes black for random amount of time w/ small amt of fuzz

wreck9967,

Yeah it sounds like a video card issue. The solder connecting the gpu to the motherboard may not have a good connection. If the lapop at one point got hot enough it could cause some of those solder joints to go bad. i.e. if you are using a blanket and have the laptop on top of it. The blanket covers the vents and you do not notice. The laptop will get really hot.
 I had something similar happen in my older mac book pro. I reflowed the solder on my motherboard and that fixed the issue. If the a fan is not working or works some of the time that could cause it to overheat. Without a fan it can overheat very easily.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/534333/screen-randomly-goes-black-for-random-amount-of-time-w-small-amt-of-fuzz/
Relevancy 55.9%

Dear Sir/Madam,
when I connect the HDMI cable laptop to TV;  my PC screen goes black. when i take out the cable it becomes OK, and my TV is showed unsupported signal.
check your device output.
when i start the games, games shows tv. but laptop display goes black. 
my laptop - Toshiba-c660. windows-7, 64bits. I upgrade all drivers. 
I change my Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display\Screen Resolution-1366 x 768 (recommend), and change the projector in duplicate. 
what is the problem of my lap. please give me your valuable suggestions. 
your's Sincerely. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/57338463-23a0-46af-ba87-94cf7b8d35d2/when-i-connect-laptop-to-tv-my-laptop-screen-goes-blank?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello After putting my computer into sleep mode last night I was unable to get it to boot into windows this morning When i pressed the power blank (unable to power button) sleep power with mode screen Windows off 7 after buttong everything turn on and working all fans are functional gpu power led is on all hard drives amp cd drives are functional Windows 7 blank screen after sleep mode (unable to power off with power button) But the problem is the screen to my monitor is blank I also noticed that my usb Windows 7 blank screen after sleep mode (unable to power off with power button) aren't working mouse connection light isn't on I tried a soft Windows 7 blank screen after sleep mode (unable to power off with power button) power off by holding down the power button but no luck The system does not turn off no matter how long I hold it The only way to turn it off is by pulling the power supply cord or turning the power supply switch off My pc build AMD FX- GHz Socket AM core processor ASUS ENGTX DCII OC DI GD Geforce GTX ASUS M A LE R Motherboard COOLMAX ZU- B W ATX V Power Supply G SKILL Ripjaws X Series GB x GB -pin DDR SDRAM PC Prolimatech PRO Panther mm CPU Cooler NZXT Phantom PHAN- RD case THE PROBLEM Computer turn on with everything running as usual but shows blank screen on monitor Cannot soft power off by pressing power button Things I tried Clear CMOS by removing battery and switching pins Running with GB RAM instead of move the ram around the slots amp alternate which Ram is used Check my monitor by testing it with another computer Tried pulling the PS plug and holding the computer power button for min Test the GPU with another computer amp it runs fine I tried removing all USB and excess drive and booting up with only the essential GPU CPU HD Ram Checked all connection between Motherboard and Power supply Checked all connection within the PC From my research I noticed that many people are saying that there is something to do with the ASUS motherboard bios that need to be updated And since I cannot even get into the boot screen I can't update the bios Please let me know if there is anything I can do try to troubleshoot the problem Thank you so much Kevin

A:Windows 7 blank screen after sleep mode (unable to power off with power button)

Hello,

Is it possible that you can test with another compatible PSU? I would strongly suggest doing so.

Also try the following steps:
?Make sure that the (internal) speaker is connected to the motherboard
?Remove all memory and attempt to boot the PC
?You should get the no memory beep errors

If the Power Supply is in working order and no beeps are present then it can be indicative of a faulty motherboard.

For troubleshooting purposes it may be a good idea to remove the components from the case and bench test to rule out a short.

How to Bench Test / Troubleshoot Your System

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-blank-screen-after-sleep-mode-unable-to-power-off-with-power-button-682678.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have attached the .zip file required and my pc goes to a blue screen whenever i put it to sleep mode.

Is Vista . . .
- x86 (32-bit)
- the original installed OS is on my system
- an OEM (Purchased laptop from retailer with vista already installed)

- 4 Years old, never re-installed

A:Blue Screen after Laptop put to Sleep

The problem is caused by this driver
kusbusbytcpmasterbus.sys - What is the kusbusbytcpmasterbus.sys ?
Make a system restore point and then
Either update the driver
or
Uninstall the related software.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/296264-blue-screen-after-laptop-put-sleep.html
Relevancy 55.9%

My laptop goes into sleep mode even on slightest jerk applied on screen to rotate it,what possibly could be wrong, and on repairing how much could it cost

A:Laptop going into sleep on bending the screen

Sounds like a fault somewhere in the wiring (or a "switch" that is located inside the hinges for the laptop screen. Not 100% sure but without knowing make and model of your laptop, it is my best guess.
What you can do is the following:

Select "Power Options" in the "Control Panel" list.

Click the plus sign next to "Power buttons and lid" to expand its sub-list.
Click the plus sign next to "Lid close action" to expand its sub-list.
Click the word "Sleep" to open a drop-down menu next to the power plan you wish to adjust (e.g. Plugged In). Select "Do Nothing" from the drop-down menu.
Click "OK" to save your settings and exit the window.
This should disable the sleep option, then you wont have to worry about it until you can get it fixed properly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-going-into-sleep-on-bending-the-screen.206467/
Relevancy 55.47%

Ok, the previous post was closed because of no response, hopefully there is someone who can help. My laptop freezes mid-startup at the WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\BTHidMgr.sys point. That is it. Nothing beyond that and I have tried to start up in Safe Mode, etc. The same thing. The OS is XP home. I think however, this has NOTHING to do with that driver, but the boot or BIOS being corrupt. I just don't know how to get to the solution.

Relevancy 55.47%

Ok, the previous post was closed because of no response, hopefully there is someone who can help. My laptop freezes mid-startup at the WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\BTHidMgr.sys point. That is it. Nothing beyond that and I have tried to start up in Safe Mode, etc. The same thing. The OS is XP home. I think however, this has NOTHING to do with that driver, but the boot or BIOS being corrupt. I just don't know how to get to the solution.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-dv9000-laptop-freezing-on-bootup-all-modes.796593/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a friends laptop which when booting the screen is blank (totally) and there are 1 long then 2 short beeps. From what I see from beep codes this indicates graphics issue. Does this mean the motherboard is gone or could there be another explanation. It's an HP Pavilion dv6000 if that helps??
Thanks AL..

Relevancy 55.47%

Ok I have left you guys as a last resort as I have asked just about everyone I know with a computer Missus was using the lappy today and it froze she pushed a load of buttons to no avail so held down off and then started it up again Now I have a black screen It still boots up and you can hear it running away happily but no pic at all Tried pluging another monitor in the back but still nothing I also cant seem to get to the BIOS setion at Laptop screen? Blank the start I tried every single F key possible on start up even esc When it starts it makes no beeps at all just a couple of clicks then the usual humming noise as per usual One person mention to me the Projector function so as was Blank Laptop screen? with his laptop I tried pushing fn and F and F I did get a screen msg in the end so I guess I can rule out the broken screen theory the msg read as follows Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt System DriversNtfs sys You can attempt to repair this file by starting Windows Setup using the original Setup CD-ROM Select r at the first screen to start repair No I inserted my Windows disk but it wont run It will spin it for about seconds then nothing I tried pressing r on this screen and also reboot with the disk in Nothing I have also noticed when I start the laptop with the power plugged in it goes straight into charge mode which I thought only occored when the computer was in a standby mode I dont remember seeing it light up when Blank Laptop screen? booting Hope I left enough info for someone Blank Laptop screen? to give me a possible solution Cheers Brad nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

hello I get blank screen on laptop. goes a Dell Inspiron and the backlight on the screen goes out I can still see the screen slightly by using a flashlight aimed directly at the screen Here is the hijack this file I am hopeful that this is a malware problem Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows screen goes blank on laptop. XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe screen goes blank on laptop. C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel WiFi bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C Program Files Intel WiFi bin WLKeeper exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon iFrmewrk exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpobnz exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpoevm exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings Owner Recent Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Winamp Toolbar BHO - CEE EC- - bc- B - DDC AB C - C Program Files Winamp Toolbar winamptb dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO AOL Toolbar Launcher - C - CB - A -B F - EA C F - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar Winamp Toolbar - EBF BA - - c a- B-BB F D DE - C Program Files Winamp Toolbar winamptb dll O - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - DE C F- - A - B-AA ED D - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run UpdateManager quot C Program Files Common Files Son... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-goes-blank-on-laptop.1106747/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi Guys, I have been having this problem for a while now, but today it went absolutely loco, I have a dell inspiron 2500 laptop i use primarily for browsing, nothing fancy with regards to hardware...256 ram, 40gigs hdd, xp pro, very basic first of all when i start the pc it almost always asks to scan my hard drive for inconsistencies, i mean every freaking time,after which if i am lucky the screen doesn't freeze on me well today it froze for good normally i can restart it and it comes back, but now it won't, everything loads up, windows and stuff, when i tap on my touch pad i can hear noises on the speaker but nothing comes up on the screen .....blank......HELP ANYONE..... I did restart in safe mode but was not sure what to do from there.

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi I m not sure if this is an infection but I am inclined to think it s something more infection and less hardware like I originally thought Starting about days ago my laptop screen began to flicker in normal mode but it would go back Going Screen Blank Laptop to normal Laptop Screen Going Blank so I was a bit concerned but didn t think anything of it Then the flickering progressed to my screen going blank as if there was a blank screensaver but the computer was still on and the screen was still quot active quot just blackish but not turned off as if it was receiving no power This is happening more and more but when the screen goes blank the whole computer stops working if I am transferring files the transfer stops Everything stops if the screen goes blank I thought this was a hardware problem but I ve been working in safe mode for the last hours and not had a single flicker or blackout I m not sure how to go about looking for something that makes my screen go blank My norton scan keeps coming clean but I don t know what to do or there is even anything I can do I feel like if it s hardware based it should be happening in every mode not just regular mode For the record I have an Acer Aspire with Vista Home premium norton anti-virus and I use Google chrome if it matters Thank you Rilla

A:Laptop Screen Going Blank

Have you tried updating your drivers by visiting Acer's website?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/398093/laptop-screen-going-blank/
Relevancy 55.47%

I was playing a game when the screen on my laptop went blank/black and did not come back on.  I shut it down with the power button and tried to restart it. The fan comes on, but the screen stays black, with no error message.  White code lights next to Caps Lock and number pad blink approximately every 4 seconds (16 times per minute), otherwise, there is no no set sequence to them, and they stay white, never red.  It does this with or without the power cord attached, so I've been told (by Staples) that it is not the main battery but that there could be a smaller battery inside that needs to be replaced? However, I wanted to check here before having anyone open it up. Thanks very much for your time.   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Blank-screen-on-HP-laptop/td-p/5839950
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a Sharp laptop with Pentium - while my daughter was playing a preschool game today, the screen went blank, and I was unable to revive it. I have tried rebooting (a hundred times!!!), hooking up an external monitor, etc.

The hard drive seems to be running (by sound).

Any suggestions?

A:blank laptop screen

You mean no picture on LCD or on the external monitor?

About the only thing that you can really try is taking out the battery and powering via AC. Also check to see if the machine has a "reset" button on the side or bottom.

------------------
Get free stuff and help out a poor computer tech:
LarryCore begs for money

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blank-laptop-screen.34812/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi I am having this problem with my HP Pavilion ze4900 laptop.
The screen is blank when I power it on.
The fans spin, there is no POST, the HDD light doest go on but sounds like it is working, and there are no beeps.
The CD drive spins once normally when I turn the computer on, but seconds later it starts to spin then stops.
Very strange problem. I did not make any changes to the computer at the time. No hardware or software changes.

Any ideas on how to solve this problem?

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi I have a Hi-Grade Ultinote AS Laptop computer about years old For some time now i have this weird problem with it When switched on i have a difficult time quot convincing quot it to leave the LCD display on It goes like this Turn on from power button LCD comes on for a few seconds until the first checks start Then goes off From that point up to blindly blank screen LCD Laptop going managing getting into Windows the screen is off When everything is finished loaded and the hard drive LED stops blinking i Laptop LCD screen going blank start pressing the LCD on off key combination Fn F or the little notch under the LCD panel that turns off the monitor when the lid is Laptop LCD screen going blank closed If i do that for some time if i get lucky the display stays on Otherwise it keeps going off I do not think it has to do anything with any drivers because i managed format and re-install operating system and software back in April The monitor problem has been around for longer However in some occasions the monitor stays on when i press the power button only seconds after the AC socket is switched on Can someone please tell me if this is something that can be fixed and if there is a way to fix it preferably avoiding taking it to the dealer as i do not think it would worth the cost to repair The laptop is running on Win SE Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

Hello =] I got a Gateway MT3423 Laptop and it was working fine the day before yesterday but when I went to turn it on yesterday the Laptop turned on but the screen remained blank. I looked all over the internet to find an answer as to how to get the screen on. I've tried the tip of removing the battery and holding the power button for 1 minute then put back the battery and try to start it but it was the same situation. Laptop booted up but screen remained blank. I know the Laptop itself is working cuz I heard the fan running, the Hard Drive booting up, etc. Can anyone please help me figure out why and how to get my screen to turn on ?? Also I've been told if the backlight is burnt out it's gonna cost me as much as a *NEW* Laptop to fix it ? Is that true ?? Please, help me !!

Relevancy 55.47%

When I turn on my laptop the screen is blank but when I connect it to a monitor I can see my desktop and use the laptop normally When the screen was working before it went black it would flicker if I moved it open or close I have changed the inverter out And under display adapters it shows the graphics card NVIDIA GeForce m GS then under monitors it just shows Generic PnP Monitor I toke the face plates off and looked to check all connection and are all good I did send this laptop out to hp to fix the screen because there was a row of pixels that went out Then I had to resend it out because the screen was darker in the corners this was over a year ago and was under warrantee I am about to buy a new screen but would like to know if there is anything else I should try first HP quot DV nbsp

A:HP Laptop Screen Blank

Can you see any image at all, even very dark? Try shining a torch at the screen when it is turned on to see if you can see anything.

If you get absolutely nothing from that then I would suspect a failed screen as you say you have replaced the backlight / inverter already. The graphics card etc is obviuosly OK as it is outputting fine to a external monitor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-laptop-screen-blank.943861/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a 2 year old HP Pavillion Laptop. Yesterday I got a BSOD, and it said something about the Driver for my Graphics Card failing.

Today I turned on my computer, the screen lit up, but nothing appeared on it. Using my knowledge of my computer, I could still log in, and even played an MP3 off my desktop, and shut down the computer, but the screen remained blank. I connected a monitor to the laptop, but the monitor insisted it had no input, despite working before. I updated the Drivers a week before, and there was no cue that something was wrong before the BSOD, which just darkened my screen for a minute, then switched to the BSOD.

System Specs.
Windows Vista 32-bit SP1
Intel Core Duo CPU T5450 @ 1.66 GHZ
2 GB RAM
NVIDIA GFORCE 8400M GS

A:Blank Laptop Screen

Hi and welcome to TSF try starting in safemode with networking thats F2 on boot and see how it behaves, if it runs ok you can try updating your video driver from the hp support website for your model

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/blank-laptop-screen-474904.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello LAPTOP SCREEN BLANK GOES I have a year old Gateway laptop model NV For some reason every now and then my mouse stops working then the screen goes blank Most times it s black but I have seen it LAPTOP SCREEN GOES BLANK turn other colors At that point nothing will get me out of this except holding the power button down until the computer turns off When I restart it everything seems fine until it decides to screw up again That might be a few hours a day a week I never know I ve had some LAPTOP SCREEN GOES BLANK issues with the battery on this computer and they re supposed to be sending me a new one but this problem seems to occur whether I m on battery or plugged in I ve resolved some issues with your helpful staff in the past but I m not sure whether this is a hardware or a software issue I m sending you a quot highjack this quot scan I don t know if you ll be able to tell anything from that but if LAPTOP SCREEN GOES BLANK you need any other information just let me know Thanks in advance for any help you can give me here Here s the scan Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files x NewTech Infosystems Gateway MyBackup BackupManagerTray exe C Program Files x CyberLink Power Go CLMLSvc exe C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD PDVD Serv exe C Program Files x VideoWebCamera VideoWebCamera exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer IELowutil exe C Users VI Desktop Anti-Virus HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http homepage gateway com rdr aspx b ACGW amp l amp s amp o vp amp d amp m nv series R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www foxnews com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http homepage gateway com rdr aspx b ACGW amp l amp s amp o vp amp d amp m nv series R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - HKLM Run BackupManagerTray quot C Program Files x NewTech Infosystems Gateway MyBackup BackupManagerTray exe quot -k O - HKLM Run CLMLServer quot c Program Files x CyberLink Power Go CLMLSvc exe quot O - HKLM Run PDVD LanguageShortcut quot c Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD Language Language exe quot O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot c Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD PDVD Serv exe quot O - HKLM Run StartCCC quot C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe quot MSRun O - HKLM Run VideoWebCamera quot C Program Files x VideoWebCamera VideoWebCamera exe ... Read more

A:LAPTOP SCREEN GOES BLANK

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logCasey

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/370321/laptop-screen-goes-blank/