Windows Support Forum

OS will not change audio settings, maybe malware?

Q: OS will not change audio settings, maybe malware?

for some reason i am having sound issues inside games like team fortress wich are related to having set speaker settings to surround sound when using stero speakers im using head phones windows XP I try to change the settings to headphones but the problem persists here is what happens when i change the setting in lt windows gt control panel gt sound from to headphones then return to the menu it has change back from maybe settings, malware? will change audio OS not headphones to this problem started about days ago all i want is stereo sound I also suspect that the IDT audio OS will not change audio settings, maybe malware? program which is not starting on startup anymore may also be a problem but i can still run it from control panel its also possible that some options in the IDT program like quot headphone virtualization support quot which i cant remember if i changed recently are the problem I know very little about audio software i cant hear windows sounds either right now but i can hear most of a Cd i have in the Cd rom but it cuts out a bit just rebooted and there is not Audio at all windows can no longer see any audio devices on device manager MICROSOFT WINMM wdm audioo compatibility Driver is quot not working properly quot quot A driver service for this device has been disabled An alternate driver may be providing this functionality Code Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device quot did a system restore i have sound but not system sound will do the normal maintence and check back here to see if anyone has any suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: OS will not change audio settings, maybe malware?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: OS will not change audio settings, maybe malware?

See if this helps Reference Guides to Help Setup and Troubleshoot Windows Audio and Sound Cards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/os-will-not-change-audio-settings-maybe-malware.152368/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hey everybody!
Its my first thread in here after a week of searching the web back and forth for solutions!

I just installed win 7 (ultimate X32) on my computer, and i want to set the realtek audio card so i can hear sound through the front headphones and i cant get the audio to work!
I have the latest realtek drivers (6.0.1.6383) but i cant find the audio manager.

My Suspicion is that the audio output is set to the RCA line out on my driver, but i cant find a way to change the output settings.

Any suggestions?

A:Cant change audio output settings

Hello mpmisha & Welcome to SevenForums

Have you been trying this? Or can't you open your Realtek at all?
If no, try re-installing it in the control panel, and clean leftover files by using Driver Sweeper. IF you want to!

Best Regards,
FredeGail

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/170079-cant-change-audio-output-settings.html
Relevancy 64.93%

So I recently got my computer fixed and I am trying to talk on skype because I record youtube videos. Up to now I've been using my Turtle Beach X32's as my headset and I just had an additional cord I purchased for $10. Now that I'm back my headset won't work. I can hear through it but I can't speak to it and I have both cords plugged in the right place. I do think it's a setting that you need to change... help?

A:How do I change my audio settings to headset?

Welcome to Seven Forums Matt123321. Easiest is right click the speaker icon in the system tray and click on Open volume mixer> Make sure the mic isn't muted.

If it isn't, try some troubleshooting:

Right click the speaker icon in the system tray> Click Recording devices> Does it show the microphone with a green check mark and default device?

If not, highlight microphone> Click on Properties> Does the Jack information show the location you are plugged into (IE: you have it plugged into front, does it list rear panel, etc.)

If the mic is detected and default, highlight it and click on Configure> Click on Set up microphone> Click on type of microphone (headset?), and click on next> Follow the wizard

If needed, post some screenshots of the sound screens. I don't use a headset myself, but I'm sure many who do can help if my suggestions don't.

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/302363-how-do-i-change-my-audio-settings-headset.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I cant change my playback settings on the audio settings, My laptop is connected through HDMI and has worked before, however lately when i press the set default button it does nothing. I feel like I've tried everything any suggestions would be grateful.

A:Can't change playback settings on manage audio devices

I suspect something has happened to the HDMI connection. Normally, when an HDMI cable is connected Windows will automatically switch the default playback device to HDMI.

Try recycling the HDMI Audio and see if that helps. Go to the Device Manager, Right click on the entry for the Intel Display audio and then RIGHT click "Uninstall". DO NOT uninstall the driver. Restart the PC and when Windows starts it will detect and reinstall the Intel Display Audio. This will fix any Windows corruption.

If this does not fix it, reinstall the Intel video drivers. Then check to see if it works OK.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/366561-cant-change-playback-settings-manage-audio-devices.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have a dell optiplex running windows pro bit a couple of days ago I got a prompt to update java flash player and since it looked legit I did bad move I now have something buried so deeply I can't get it out I've tried avast ccleaner malwarebytes rkiller-because I still think it might be some heavy duty rootkit also some programs I've found and been suggested to use at bleepingcomputer I was getting pop ups every few minutes even some very embarrassing ones this morning on bleepingcomputer I ran an adware program I don't know if it was the cause but nothing will load on IE now and google chrome is slow and has lost the apps I had I've tried at least or times to do a restore but it malware to some of factory can't change settings because of kind fails every time I've tried to set it back to factory settings and although it gives a command prompt it won't do it this can't change to factory settings because of some kind of malware I've tried numerous times even can't change to factory settings because of some kind of malware if I could I wonder if I'll take the problem with me I'm not good at all with computers nor the lingo but if someone could help I'd be very grateful as I have physical limitations and just can't afford to send it anywhere nor pay a large sum for telephone help thank you in advance

A:can't change to factory settings because of some kind of malware

Hello,
I will be helping you with your problems. Please be patient while I assist you.
Some points for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of us

Please do NOT run, install or uninstall any programs,  unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.

Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.

Please read every post completely before doing anything. 
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.

Please provide feedback about your experience as we go. 
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.

NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.
- Do NOT backup any unknown files ending in .exe, .com, .scr, .pif, and .bat since files of these types are more likely to be infected.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.
----------------------------------------------
Please do the following:
Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool (TDSSKiller.exe) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!
Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe on your desktop to run the tool for known TDSS variants.Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it.
To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to How to change the file extension.
Click on change parameters
Under Objects to scan, check the boxes next to Verify file digital signatures, Detect TDLFS file system, then click OK.
Click the Start Scan button.
Do not use the computer during the scan
If the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.
If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.
Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.Note: If Cure is not an option, Skip instead, do NOT choose Delete or Quarantine unless instructed.
A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.2.4.0.0_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).
Copy and paste the full contents of that file in your next reply. - If the log is too long, then split it into multiple posts.

Please download AdwCleane... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505022/cant-change-to-factory-settings-because-of-some-kind-of-malware/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello I've done some searches in the forums and tried a few fixes posted for similar issues but had no luck BackgroundI am running settings/ Malware preventing server of internet proxy change access Windows Ultimate bit I recently installed some free software which of course came with some adware changed my browser settings home page default search engines After some work I was able to remove them but now have encountered Malware preventing change of proxy server settings/ internet access a new problem which I expect is also malware related ProblemWhen I direct my browsers to any website I get a message saying that there is no response from the proxy server I have never used a proxy server for internet access and when I go into my Internet Properties gt LAN Settings and un-check Use a proxy Server for your LAN and check Automatically detect settings the settings are not remembered and revert as soon as I close and re-open LAN Settings rendering my browsers useless Things I've TriedScans withMalwarebytes antimalwareMicrosoft security essentialsSpybot Search and DestroyCCleaner cleaner and registry Using regedit to manually delete suspicious registry keysThe FRST fixlist hereThe OTL fix hereAny help you can offer if appreciated I am accessing the internet via a netbook and have been installing scanners to the infected PC via flash drive

A:Malware preventing change of proxy server settings/ internet access

Welcome aboard  Please follow the instructions in THIS GUIDE starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it HERE. Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/544654/malware-preventing-change-of-proxy-server-settings-internet-access/
Relevancy 55.47%

Background I recently installed some free software which came with some adware and changed my browser settings home page default search engines After some work I was able to remove them but now have encountered a new problem which I expect is also malware related ProblemWhen I direct my browsers to any website I get a message saying that there is no response from the proxy server I have never used a proxy server for internet access and when I go into my Internet Properties gt LAN Settings and un-check Use a proxy Server for your LAN and check Automatically detect settings the settings are not remembered and revert as soon as I close malware of proxy access change preventing internet cannot settings, internet and re-open LAN Settings rendering my browsers useless Things I've TriedScans with Malwarebytes antimalware Microsoft security essentials Spybot Search and Destroy CCleaner cleaner and registry Using regedit to manually delete suspicious registry keysThe FRST fixlist hereThe OTL fix here Any help you can offer is appreciated I am accessing the internet via a netbook and have been installing malware preventing change of internet proxy settings, cannot access internet scanners to the infected PC via flash drive DDS DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by David at on - malware preventing change of internet proxy settings, cannot access internet - Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated E - ED- F malware preventing change of internet proxy settings, cannot access internet -A - BCB F SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Spybot - Search and Destroy Disabled Outdated BC DF - CCA- D-A -C CA F A B SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated DF E - D - BB- B - D E BFDE Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS c Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Fuel Fuel Service exe C Program Files Blue Coat K Web Protection k filter exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files x pastaleads PastaLeadsService exe C Program Files x Motorola MotForwardDaemon ForwardDaemon exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDUpdSvc exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWSCSvc exe c Program Files Microsoft Security Client NisSrv exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Core Temp Core Temp exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe OOBE PDApp UWA AAM Updates Notifier exe C Windows System StikyNot exe C Users David AppData Local Akamai netsession win exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Users David AppData Local Akamai netsession win exe E Program Files x DisplayFusion DisplayFusion exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDTray exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe E Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetw... Read more

A:malware preventing change of internet proxy settings, cannot access internet

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/544752 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/544752/malware-preventing-change-of-internet-proxy-settings-cannot-access-internet/
Relevancy 52.89%

There is a These in settings. should Failed registry! change to proxy settings never internet software Failed to change internet proxy settings. These settings should never in registry! which often changes the proxy settings so I decided to config the internet settings registry right to reject the proxy settings But When I decided to delete this software and return the rights back I suddenly found that I can not change the proxy settings manually The detail is that I change the auto proxy url to let my pc use a pac file and I don't want any softwares to change However when I decided to give the rights back and try to change the url back it never success and even the same when i'm sure I have cleared this url in the whole registry but it back as it never changes I check the registry rights twice or more to make sure that the rights has given back just like it originally should be But it never works So the result is I have to clear and reinstall the WINDOWS AGAIN Never should you save such information both in registry and somewhere I don't know Or you should let these stuffs out of the registry

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7d3d441e-3bce-413f-96a0-160f279da2f6/failed-to-change-internet-proxy-settings-these-settings-should-never-in-registry?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello,
Is it possibly the Anniversary Update, which has blocked my possibilities to change the Lock Screen configuration? In Settings->Personalisation that whole option is greyed out today and I'm stuck with a lock screen, which I can't modify or change. Any help for this? Perhaps there is a registry change I could apply? I would be happy for any suggestion.

I've attached an image. My language is Swedish, but I guess that you will recognise the part of the Settings->Personalisation, which is shown.

Thanks in advance

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/69719-cannot-use-settings-personalisation-change-lock-screen-settings.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi everyone thanks for looking Im running into a particular problem that I cant seem to find the reasons or the settings I watch HBO GO i have a valid subscription on my Windows Home laptop and use an HDMI cable to connect my TV Scenerio If I leave the close the lid power option on hibernate I must leave the laptop open and when I connect the HDMI the TV it becomes my monitor and I view as the monitor and watch anything full screen no problem Scenerio I change the power option on the lid close to quot External when settings change Power change? display options do nothing quot When the HDMI cable is hooked up if the laptop is open it uses the laptop display External display settings change when Power options change? if its closed it displays through the HDMI TV This is perfect and exactly what I want I can watch as the monitor no problem HOWEVER if I choose full screen I get gray borders and the quot Full Screen quot is not full and just centered I can not for the life of me figure out why and Im going crazy Does anyone know why the power option would have an effect on this and what settings I could change Many Thanks in Advance Max nbsp

A:External display settings change when Power options change?

Check to see what resolution your laptop's display is at, what the external TV resolution is when you connect it to your laptop, and MAYBE what resolution the videos you're watching are. This just sounds like a resolution issue. If the TV is at a larger resolution than your laptop's resolution, change the TV's resolution to the size your laptop is at. Then try watching a video to see what happens. Hope this helps.
-Lance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-display-settings-change-when-power-options-change.1043683/
Relevancy 51.6%

That is my problem as stated above.

Henry

A:Can't change am/pm in settings, update,change active hours.

Hello Henry,

You should be able to click/tap on the arrows above/below AM/PM, or click on AM or PM to select one like below.

Windows Update Active Hours - Change in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/59486-cant-change-am-pm-settings-update-change-active-hours.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Ok, I have two ports for ram in my computer, i only have 512MB. I tryied adding a 256MB in the second slot to speed up my computer but when i turn on the computer it says that my ram exceeds the limit and wont boot up. I was just wondering if there is a way to change the limit of ram and if so how do i do it?

(I have a 30gb HD and a 1.4gh Processor with only 512mb of ram)

A:My computer wont let me add ram. How do i or can i change settings to change that?

You can go to Crucial and let them scan your computer and they will tell you how much
memory your computer should have.
http://crucial.com/#
You should buy your memory from the manufacturer of your computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-wont-let-me-add-ram-how-do-i-or-can-i-change-settings-to-change-that.895095/
Relevancy 49.45%
A:Settings>change pc settings problem

hello, i'll only answer 2 question ,#4and 5.that all I use for over 2 years now , and have had no issues at all with the 3 program uyou mention ,but iam a safe surfer in my own opinion .

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/59361-settings-change-pc-settings-problem.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a new Medion Akoya P7360 (MD 8855) PC running Windows 7. I have been using Skype, and on one call my cousin couldn't stop laughing, he said I sounded like I'd been breathing in helium! I eventually pinned it down and discovered that it happens every time the PC goes into Sleep mode. After power-up, I can ring the Skype Call Testing Service (echo test) and it echoes back my message perfectly. If I put my PC into Sleep Mode (or allow it to do it automatically) then revive it, it raises the pitch of the microphone by about 5 semitones. I have tried a USB Phone, and this sounded OK. The only way I can resolve it at the moment is to re-boot the PC. I'm at a loss to think what the problem could be. I'm pretty sure I have the latest drivers. Anybody got any ideas?

Fred

A:Weird audio pitch change on Realtek HD Audio

have you tried another microphone?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-audio-pitch-change-on-realtek-hd-audio.153030/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have already clicked "Change settings that are currently available" but it still does not show it, restarted the PC and still same result.
MSE disabled
Windows 7 Starter 32-bit
Power Plan: High Performance
System Model: HP Mini 110-3500

A:Cannot see Multimedia Settings under "Change advanced power settings"

Please help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/309703-cannot-see-multimedia-settings-under-change-advanced-power-settings.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Ever since upgrading to Windows 8.1 I haven't been able to change my update settings. The drop-down is greyed out and can't be clicked on. Above the drop down it says "Some settings are managed by your system administrator"

I've deleted my user account and created a new one, but the problem remains. I've unlocked the Administrator account, but even through that account the settings can't be changed. I'm not in a homegroup, as I've heard this could solve the problem and I've disconnected and reconnected my Microsoft account to my User Account to no avail.

Please help, Windows keeps updating and I don't have the bandwidth to continue this way.

I think there are threads on this subject. Haven't been able to find any one that solves my problem.

-C

A:Can't Change Update Settings "Some settings are managed.."

Hello C, and welcome to Eight Forums.

This sounds like a group policy has been set to prevent access to those settings. As you found out, this would be a global setting applied to all user accounts (new and old).

Please post a screenshot showing your Windows Update settings to help narrow down which policy it may be since there are a few for Windows Update.

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Eight Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/46112-cant-change-update-settings-some-settings-managed.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I'm currently using IDT audio on my laptop, and I'm wondering if I could change the audio to Realtek. I also noticed Realtek PCIE Card Reader and Realtek Ethernet Controller Driver in the Programs and Features list. Why do I have Realtek products when I have IDT audio?
Can I change from IDT to Realtek?
I have an HP Pavilion dv6-6c35dx. If there's anything else you need to know, let me know. Thanks

A:Is it possible to change from IDT Audio to Realtek Audio?

No, the IDT chip is soldered to the motherboard, and cannot be changed.
The manufacturer has many options available to them when they design the computer. (such as network chip, sound chip, and others)

The IDT will/should work just fine for your system.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/295094-possible-change-idt-audio-realtek-audio.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I am laptop user. About 2hr ago, i login to my lappy and discover that my profile is different. My folders on desktop went missing and some of the setting changed. Then i try on my own to solve it but to no avail. Fortunately i come upon my C:\Documents and Settings and discover that strange profile C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP and my original profile C:\Documents and Settings\p0716499 was still there. This imply that my previous setting and files are still in my laptop. However, I cant changed back to the original profile and struck with the temp profile.
Initially i suspect is registry problem so i DL "UPHClean Service" by miscosoft but to no avail. Now currently i suspect it might be the work of a virus. I need help. Thank anyone who help me in advance.

A:User profile path change to user profile path change to C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP :\Documents and Settings...

This morning when i woke up, i discovered a icon named "syminstallstub" on my desktop. I checked online and i believe that it could be a virus. I try to find ways to uninstall it but to no avail I not sure what did my younger brother do to my laptop. I feel that im damn unlucky and encounter 2 problems in a row. Please help me solve my problems.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/394384/user-profile-path-change-to-user-profile-path-change-to-cdocuments-and-settingstemp-documents-and-settingstemp/
Relevancy 45.58%

Trying to add a new DNS IP address. Go to the adapter, go to the IPV4 properties and advanced and add the new DNS IP address. Every thing is fine until I close the adaptor window and it pops up an error "an unexpected condition occurred, not all of your requested changes in settings could be made"

Even if I make no changes at all and just open and close it I get this. Need to set the new DNS as first on the list.

A:Cant change DNS settings

I have found that it has a VMWare Bridge Protocol in the adaptor. I installed a VMware view client to log remotely into work. It didn't work so I removed it. Seems it left two adaptors behind. I uninstalled the drivers for these and they are gone but can't get rid of the bridge. If I try and unselect it nothing happens. Uninstalling it gives an error number of 08007007E.
Cant add the IP via Powershell either as it wont allow access.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/34693-cant-change-dns-settings.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I want to get into the page where I can make some changes to assorted settings but forgot how to access that page. How do I get there? Thanks. Hal.

A:Change some settings

Quote: Originally Posted by Hal1

I want to get into the page where I can make some changes to assorted settings but forgot how to access that page. How do I get there? Thanks. Hal.

If you mean the forum settings, then look for the link at top labelled "User CP".

If you mean Windows setting, click click the Start Orb, then click Control Panel

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/132605-change-some-settings.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a laptop running windows xp. When I turn it on, it prompts me to choose my name and log on. I have it set up so it doesn't ask for a password. My hubby and I are the only 2 people who use this laptop and I don't feel the need for it to ask for one. I'd like to change it so it doesn't ask me to log on but just loads windows immediately as well. Is there any way to do this? I often turn it on and run to do a quick task and come back so it would be much more convenient to have windows up and running when I get back.

A:How to change xp settings..

One way you could do it would be to have your power setting to go into stand-by mode after about 10 minutes and have it not ask for a password on return from stand-by, so you could just move the mouse and it would come back up to full power right where you left off.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-change-xp-settings.389242/
Relevancy 45.58%

when I try to work with uploading pics on line I get a windows pop up that say's clink manager._get instance () Paramater is null can not create an object. The tech guy at Hp said it had to do with my settings but wanted fifty bucks to fix it so I thought I would try here.Thank you to anyone that can help me fix this.I'm trying to order x-mas cards

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-to-change-my-settings.657089/
Relevancy 45.58%

How would I go about changing the set up of my second drive (It will have Win 7 clean install on it) from Status "None", Type "Logical" to "System" and "Primary" also
what should the setting be for the balance of the drive that will contain directories and etc?
I have Easeus Partition Master and Partition Wizard but I never did a partition before.

Thanks
John

A:How to change HD settings?

Hi again John -

I would wipe the HD first to remove any conflicting or factory code, then use booted Win7 install DVD Custom>Drive Options to create partition(s) as you wish, format before installing Win7 to first partition.
SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation

It will create Primary partitions with Win7 as the System partition.

A recommended method is to create an OS partition of 20-100 gb depending on HD size and number of programs, then a separate Data partition to place your User folders so they are in their own "vault." If Win7 ever won't startup or repair, you can reinstall or reimage the OS and programs to first partition and data will be waiting next door.

If you have enough space I'd create a backup partition on each HD to store a System image of the other HD's OS and date so you can easily reimage to a new HD in case of HD failure. This can also be done on an external HD.

I remember from another thread that you are planning to wisely boot separate HD's from the BIOS. Remember to unplug the other HD's during install, then set Win7 as first HD to boot in BIOS when you plug it back in, boot the other HD OS using one-time Boot menu key given on first screen.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/108071-how-change-hd-settings.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have recently installed software called 'Tune Up Utilites 2010' and immediately found a vast improvement and one its recommendations was to increase resolution to 1680 x 1050. Having then done that in 'Display Properties' it then advises to 'Set dpi to 96'.

However, I cannot find how to make changes to dpi. Any ideas please.

A:How do I change dpi settings

I have now discovered the answer to my own question. Vista Default Font size is dpi 96. This I inadvertantly changed when having increased my Screen size to 1680 x 1050 this made my Fonts appear very small, so I opted for the larger Font size 120 (dpi). Tune Up Utilities detected this change and in the interests of performance improvement (a criterion I had established when setting up my user preferences) it suggest reducing to 'dpi 96'. I hadn't realised then that dpi was related to Font size.

Having twigged that, I knew that by right clicking my cursor in Desktop, I could access 'Personalise Display' and therein Access 'Change dpi'. As I prefer the larger Font, I'll stick to 120 (dpi) in the interests of clarity.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/262187-how-do-i-change-dpi-settings.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I was moving some data from one drive to another and i noticed it accessed and transfered my main hardrive slowly. I checked my ata settings with a a western digital disk. I put in at startup and it booted. I saw that it was at 33. my second hardrive which is a western digital is at 100. my first hardrive isnt western digital. How do i change the settings and get it up to 100 or 133?

A:How do i change my ATA settings

Maybe you are not using a proper ATA-66, ATA-100, ATA-133 (all same) cable, but are using an ATA-33 cable instead. That would certainly explain it as your hard drive settings should be automatically detected.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-change-my-ata-settings.6086/
Relevancy 45.58%

How do I change my download options for mp3's?
Instead of downloading them I would like to hear them first. Some how the box got unchecked. How do i re-check it?

A:How do I change D/L settings?

It depends where you a d/ling from and what app you are using.

With that info, hopefully somebody will be a able to help you.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/264317-how-do-i-change-d-l-settings.html
Relevancy 45.58%

My computer crashed and wouldn't reboot. I booted it using the rescue disc which prompted me to use the original windows ME CD. I have reinstalled or reconfigured all of the software without a problem but the colour settings are stuck on 16 colours and the resolution on 640 by 480 pixels. When I try to change the settings the computer prompts me to reboot for the changes to take effect but when the computer has rebooted the settings are still the same!!

Relevancy 45.58%

Recently I signed up for a proxy server application called Secure Tunnel. As part of the setup, I checked the proxy server block in the LAN settings box and filled in the I.P. address and port number they gave me. For whatever reason, the Secure Tunnel application did not do well with Vista. Now I want to change my LAN settings back to "automatically detect" and eliminate the proxy server, but the LAN settings box is whited out and I cannot make any changes. I have spent over 4 hours on the phone with Dell and Microsoft and they cannot figure it out. The Secure Tunnel folks don't have a tech support telephone number and I can't seem to make them understand the problem by email. Can anyone plese give me some advise? Thank you.

A:Cannot Change LAN Settings

If you spent 4 hours on the phone with Dell and Microsoft, can you tell us what they tried to fix the issue, so we don't waste time giving you solutions you have already tried.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-change-lan-settings.683490/
Relevancy 45.58%

I'm not sure if this is the right section to post my question in but here it is.
When a put a DVD movie into my computer's DVD player it automatically starts to play the movie in Windows Media Player. How do I get that screen to come back which allows me to choose what I want to do when a DVD movie is inserted????

A:Change Settings

hi vglock,in MY COMPUTER highlight the dvd drive, and click with the second button on mouse >properties>the go to the autoplay tab and change it there t "ask me what action to take" or something like thathope it helps...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-settings.253973/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi all

I am trying to run a communications program and I have to change settings. I have managed to change the router destination ports, but I am having one Hell of a problem trying to find out how to change the TCP settings. I have tried follow MS instructions, but as usual, I have got so far along and cannot see what they are telling me. The instruction from the program are: Allow TCP (source port any, destination port 5200) from PC to internet.

Wonder if there is anyone who can help me?

A:change TCP settings

This sounds to me like creating an outgoing firewall rule to let a program connect to internet on a particular port. Router configuration should not matter typically (NAT blocks incoming only).
For Windows built-in firewall, by default outgoing filtering is also disabled, unless you enabled it manually afterwards (is that your case?).
Do you have an antivirus with an integrated firewall or any other firewall possibly blocking it?
With all the defaults, and strictly following the line you copied, I think you don't need any special setup for it to work, as long as you stick to Windows defaults.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/340767-change-tcp-settings.html
Relevancy 45.58%

A trivial problem but annoying none the less...

I wanted to change my screensaver settings, but when I click on "settings" or "preview" nothing happens, I had a similar problem where right clicking wouldnt bring up a menu, it was solved checking the column handlers with shellex view, is this a similar problem??

Thanks

Chris

A:Cant change settings..

just check mine and i can using win98se.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-change-settings.403119/
Relevancy 45.58%

I'm having trouble with GTA Vice City getting some unhandled exception error and I read that I had to go to DEP and add it to an exception but I can't change the settings or click anything in DEP please help.

A:How do I change the settings for DEP?

Hi,

See if this guide helps, it shows you how to Enable and Disable DEP:
DEP - Enable or Disable

Regards,
Jamie

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/52773-how-do-i-change-settings-dep.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi, I have a very simple question about how to change some of the settings on XP to make it more windows 98-ish. The main qualm I have is with the taskbar thing on the bottom of the screen. How do I change it so that I see every window I have open instead of them all grouping together and saying I have 6 explorer windows open...ya know what I mean? It's really dumb but it's just so annoying this way. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

A:change XP settings

Click on an open space on the tool bar - Properties - uncheck group similar

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-xp-settings.312651/
Relevancy 45.58%

Anyone tell me how to change the MTU settings manually in Windows XP.

A:Change MTU settings

Take a look at:

http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/280/

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=283165

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-mtu-settings.251511/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello,

I just did a fresh install of Windows 8 Pro 64bit on a new rig I just built. I am currently trying to change UAC, but if I click on Change User Account Control Settings, nothing happens. Same thing if I click any of the links with the admin shield next to it. My account says local account administrator and I have installed programs as administrator just fine. I have also tried the .reg files you guy have posted in your tuts, but it didn't seem to do anything.

Any and all help is appreciated!

A:Can't change UAC Settings

Ended up reinstalling Windows8 since the AMD cleanup utility completely screwed things up. See thread below for similar issue.

Official AMD Uninstallation Utility! - Guru3D.com Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/31719-cant-change-uac-settings.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I sign into an emulator for work and have to use my F keys a lot.I hate having to hold down the FN key at the bottom of the keyboard just to use my keys. Does anyone know how to turn off the settings of the F keys and use them as they are mapped on my emulator? My laptop is an HP Pavilion dv6

A:Can I change fn key settings?

Quote: Originally Posted by SmurfQueen

I sign into an emulator for work and have to use my F keys a lot.I hate having to hold down the FN key at the bottom of the keyboard just to use my keys. Does anyone know how to turn off the settings of the F keys and use them as they are mapped on my emulator? My laptop is an HP Pavilion dv6

There are quite a few ways to do it, you can try these;

SharpKeys

Keyboard remap – Pause Break key as DEL key | Hana & Sarah's Freeware blog

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...dows-xp-vista/

Much more comprehensive;

http://www.autohotkey.com/

Some keys, often the Function keys, on various machines, are "Hard Coded", and can't be remapped because they don't have a scan code.

Be careful! Remapping keys can cause problems.......................

Regards....Mike Connor

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/152907-can-i-change-fn-key-settings.html
Relevancy 45.58%

In display properties. I can't change anything, from changing backgrounds, screensavers, themes, etc. I've been customizing my windows XP a lot throughout this week by replacing dll's with modified ones, and I'm wondering if that could be the problem. The weird thing is I can still change my background if I go into a picture and right click it and "set as desktop background" but that's about it.

A:Can't change settings...

when you do modification do you back up it first??? if not please to back up it before do modification thing...
cant you tell what dll that you replace and modification you make...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/334477/cant-change-settings/
Relevancy 45.58%

I recently acquired a corporate refurb laptop IBM Thinkpad T and am having a couple difficulties I cannot create alter hardware profiles the only one Some Cannot Change Settings present is Unocked and all the options are grayed out Cannot Change Some Settings I would like to have separate prifiles for docked and undocked states to control performance and battery usage When I attach my VGA monitor to the dock I can get dual displays but I want to use the VGA as the primary and the laptop display as secondary have been able to do this with Dell and HP laptops before is this an IBM thing The display settings are locked to use the laptop display as the primary and the option for use as primary is grayed out on both displays I do not have an extra XP license available so I can t really wipe the machine it s a licensed and legit OS I just don t have the install disk as the machine didn t come with one These issues are present when running as the Local Administrator Can anyone help

A:Cannot Change Some Settings

will your computer validate and go thru windows update?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/144783/cannot-change-some-settings/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hy me please Settings help change, there I am new to this list I look for Settings change, please help me help Security Guard alerts me every time I open a new page Something tries to change my IE settings The following is the result log of scan with Hijackthis Please help me deleting infected items Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows ME Win x MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLLC WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tskC WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM SSDPSRV EXEC PROGRAMMI GRISOFT AVG AVGSERV EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM STIMON EXEC PROGRAMMI FILE COMUNI WINTOOLS WTOOLSA EXEC WINDOWS EXPLORER EXEC PROGRAMMI TOOLBAR TBPS EXEC PROGRAMMI TOOLBAR PIB EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM RESTORE STMGR EXEC WINDOWS TASKMON EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM ALISNDMG EXEC WINDOWS LTSMMSG EXEC PROGRAMMI ACER POWERKEY POWERKEY EXEC PROGRAMMI SYNAPTICS SYNTP SYNTPLPR EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXEC PROGRAMMI SYNAPTICS SYNTP SYNTPENH EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM KEYMAP EXEC PROGRAMMI GRISOFT AVG AVGCC EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM CNXDSLTB EXEC PROGRAMMI ATHAN ATHAN EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM SWXIWDS EXEC PROGRAMMI MESSENGER MSMSGS EXEC PROGRAM FILES EXIF LAUNCHER QUICKDCF EXEC PROGRAMMI FILE COMUNI WINTOOLS WSUP EXEC PROGRAMMI SPYWAREGUARD SGMAIN EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM PSTORES EXEC PROGRAMMI SPYWAREGUARD SGBHP EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXEC PROGRAMMI LAVASOFT AD-AWARE AD-AWARE EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM RNAAPP EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM TAPISRV EXEC PROGRAMMI INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXEC PROGRAMMI INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXEC WINDOWS DESKTOP HIJACKTHIS HIJACKTHIS EXER - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www libero itR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www libero itR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch res C PROGRA TOOLBAR TOOLBAR DLL saR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www seekerbar com ie aspx tb id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer fornito da LiberoR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main CustomizeSearch res C PROGRA TOOLBAR TOOLBAR DLL saR - URLSearchHook no name - A - E E- -B D- DBE - C Programmi Toolbar toolbar dllF - win ini run hpfschedO - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRAMMI YAHOO COMPANION INSTALLS CPN YCOMP DLLO - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAMMI ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER DLLO - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C PROGRAMMI SPYWAREGUARD DLPROTECT DLLO - BHO no name - CC -ACF - cac-A A -DD E - C PROGRAMMI DAP DAPBHO DLLO - BHO no name - - C- B - - D FEC A - C PROGRA FILECO WINTOOLS WTOOLSB DLLO - BHO no name - A - E E- -B D- DBE - C Programmi Toolbar toolbar dllO - Toolbar amp Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRAMMI YAHOO COMPANION INSTALLS CPN YCOMP DLLO - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCXO - Toolbar DAP Bar - - FC- baf- C C-BCE BD F - C PROGRAMMI DAP DAPIEBAR DLLO - Toolbar amp Search Toolbar - BB F-A - C -A F- EA EC - C Programmi Toolbar toolbar dllO - HKLM Run ScanRegistry C WINDOWS scanregw exe autorunO - HKLM Run TaskMonitor C WINDOWS taskmon exeO - HKLM Run PCHealth C WINDOWS PCHealth Support PCHSchd exe -sO - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray ExeO - HKLM Run ALiSndMgr ALiSndMg exeO - HKLM Run LTSMMSG LTSMMSG exeO - HKLM Run AcerPowerkey quot C Programmi Acer Powerkey Powerkey exe quot O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Programmi Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Programmi Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run VolKey C WINDOWS SYSTEM Keymap exeO - HKLM Run Launch App c DMSINFO launapp exeO - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrSchemeO - HKLM Run RegShave C Progra REGSHAVE REGSHAVE EXE autorunO - HKLM Run TaskMon C WINDOWS SYSTEM t... Read more

A:Settings change, please help me

An update to AVG is availableGo here to download the free version of Grisoft's AVG AntiVirus program.==============================You are using an old version of HijackThis, please download the latest version.Download Hijackthis:http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/hijackthis.ziphttp://computercops.biz/downloads-cat-14.htmlIf you cannot reach either site it is available from my signature.Then post a new log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/6811/settings-change-please-help-me/
Relevancy 45.58%

I'm not sure this is on the right forum but how do you change PCI latency settings? Please help.

A:How do you change some settings?

click here http://www.voodoofiles.com/6593 also some info on it here http://www.ipodlounge.com/forums/archive/topic/3769-1.html but its all heavy stuff

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-you-change-some-settings.224510/
Relevancy 45.58%

I am the administrator and only user of the pc.
It is a surface pro 3.
What do I do?

A:Can not change pc settings

Try this http://www.eightforums.com/windows-u...s-managed.html

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/54190-can-not-change-pc-settings.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello, I'm new on SevenForums and I need to help.

I was testing my Small Basic app, but when I launched it, the TextWindow font size was only 4?6 pixels.
So I launched the Command Prompt via Run, and the size was also 4?6.

In Properties, there were only 4 tabs and 9 sizes of Terminal font. The default one, 8?12, wasn't in the options.
I can show you screenshot of Properties window. (I'm using WindowsBlinds 8 with Mac skin, where active tab texture is same with inactive tab.)

How can I restore font size to 8?12?

It would be a big help for me if you post value of this:

Sorry for my English, I'm not a native speaker.

A:Can't change cmd.exe settings to default

You could try sfc /scannow and that would undo all changes/modifications, and then you could just reapply the settings in windows blinds and see if that helps.....maybe something went funky when applying the theme.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/312386-cant-change-cmd-exe-settings-default.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I was looking to get rid of login to settings Cannot after xp change my logon screen and so used the online instructions that follow quot quot Select Run from the Start Menu type control userpasswords and click Ok Turn off the Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer option and click Ok quot however a second confirm box Cannot login to xp after settings change appeared after i clicked quot ok quot and i unwittingly typed a username and password Now when i boot up my computer the username and password i typed before will not work and neither will using an quot administrator quot or quot guest quot username with a blank password Restarting in safe mode does not help the error message i recieved is something along the lines of quot The system could not log you on Make sure your username and domain are correct then type your password again quot PLEASE if you Cannot login to xp after settings change can help me with this do so School starts tomorrow and i have a term paper that s going to be assigned the first week I MUST HAVE Cannot login to xp after settings change MY COMPUTER WORKING thank you in advance for helping me I am eternally grateful nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi. I had previously set my system to "Do nothing" when I physically press the power button, to avoid accidental manual shutdown. Well I was doing something and accidentaly pressed the button. The computer shutdown. I checked again under power settings, and the "Do nothing" option was indeed selected.

Any ideas?

A:Power settings don't really change anything?

I think the Power settings option applies only to the Start menu power button, not to the keyboard/ Tower physical button. Try remapping the power key to something non-functional with Sharpkeys.

Map Any Key to Any Key on Windows 7 / XP / Vista - How-To Geek

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/86432-power-settings-dont-really-change-anything.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi All,

I want to change settings of Internet Explorer programatically:

Select Tools->Internet options->Security tab
Click on customlevel button
UserAuthentication
Logon
Anonymous logon Radio button must be checked

This must be done programatically.Using MFC
How do i do that?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/how-to-change-ie-settings-programatically-151417.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Can I change the default settings in PSP7 (and PS6) to JPG?

Now, I save something I have to stop and scroll down and pick JPG.

I looked in PREFERENCES and in the SAVE box and don't see anything.

I'd rather have it as JPG and if I want to use something else (GIF, or even PSP I can scroll to that). Since I mainly save as JPG.

~ Carrie

Relevancy 45.15%

I can't figure out how to change a basic setting. The program pops up every time I boot up and I can't figure out how to change this. I've been through all the settings and still can't see simple setting. I see the scheduling "tasks" there, but it won't let me change them without upgrading. I'm a little annoyed this is so non-intuitive; should be so simple. And fwiw: I like this program; I just don't want to run a scan constantly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/malwarebytes-how-do-i-change-settings.1155831/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,
I was advised that the reason I can not send files using DCC SEND on MIRC is because of my XP firewall settings. What settings are there, where are they, and can they be changed or disabled for the few minutes it takes to send a file. I can receive a file on MIRC with no problem. I thought a firewall protects me from "things" coming in. But, my problem is sending files out.
Thanks.
Nick Gill

A:how to change firewall settings

Hi, I fined it hard to believe that the xp firewall is to blame, but i am no expert! To disable xp firewall go to Start button, control panel, Network Connections, click on Local Area Connection, go up to Advanced Tab, and Uncheck the box (Internet Connection Firewall) You can just put the check back in when your done!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-change-firewall-settings.88352/
Relevancy 45.15%

Okay I'm having problems with MSN with the error efd and the way to fix it requires me to do something in the Internet Options As I have had this problem for so change help, Settings cannot Internet Please long I know what to do but for some reason Internet won't allow me I go into my LAN settings and click quot Automatically detect settings quot Well I did that But after I click quot OK quot it goes back to the default as if I pressed cancel Now I'm not sure why this is happening Just to let it be known I do not use IE at all I use Firefox IE is not my default browser Another strange thing that may relate to the problem IE doesn't work at all Every page I try to go to says quot Page Cannot be Displayed quot Every single site doesn't matter what That's why I use Firefox now Help with this would be greatly appreciated Thank you

A:Please help, cannot change Internet Settings

Did you click on APPLY before OK?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/please-help-cannot-change-internet-settings-70618.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Could use a little help here I was told by my son s computer teacher that I had some programs on my computer that were either viruses or something of that sort He advised me to get Norton on here which I did but I m still having problems with the LAN that I just got hooked up after dial-up Logfile of HijackThis v on Solved: LAN own? settings change their Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Solved: LAN settings change on their own? Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS system Solved: LAN settings change on their own? cisvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system tcpsvcs exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS System ups exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe C Program Files ResChanger XP ResChangerXP exe C Program Files CyberLink DVD Solution PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems AutoDetector monitor exe C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exe C PROGRA HUGHES SMARTB MotiveSB exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files CyberLink DVD Solution Multimedia Launcher PowerBar exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN ymsgr tray exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Toolband dll O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run InCD C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe O - HKLM Run ResChangerXP C Program Files ResChanger XP ResChangerXP exe O - HKLM Run PC Pitstop Optimize Scheduler C Program Files PCPitstop Optimize PCPOptimize exe -boot O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink DVD Solution PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run osCheck quot C Program Files Norton AntiVirus osCheck exe quot O - HKLM Run Ulead AutoDetector v C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems AutoDetector monitor exe O - HKLM Run CanonMyPrinter C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exe logon O - HKLM Run Motive SmartBridge C PROGRA HUGHES SMARTB MotiveSB exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKCU Run PowerBar quot C Program Files CyberLink DVD Solution Multimedia Launcher PowerBar exe quot AtBootTime O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager quot C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YAHOOM EXE quot -quiet O - HKCU R... Read more

Relevancy 45.15%

my computer keeps going into hibernation after a little bit, where in windows xp is where I can change how long before it goes into hibernation?

Help

Thanks

A:windows xp change some settings

Right click your desktop.
Goto properties.
Screen saver tab.
Click on power.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-change-some-settings.356583/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a problem with a change having been made to my desktop, whereby all my icons are permanently highlighted, and there is a new small image on the desktop.

The above occured after I tried copying a weblink to my desktop, and I got a dialog box asking if I wanted an active desktop component or some such. Foolishly I clicked yes.

Can anyone advise me how to undo this change ?

From Googling I have tried right clck / properties / desktop / customise desktop - no luck.

Also control panel / system / advanced / performance / settings / use drop down shadows - this item is unchecked.

Neither have rectified this.

Can anyone help ? Or should I just Sys Restore ?

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi I hope you can help me cause this is really driving me nutts

Whenever I try to save a gif or jpg to my computer, it will only save as a bitmat file, I can't figure out what Im doing wrong. I just got a new computer with Windows XP Home Edition. I don't know how to change it so I can get gifs or jpgs, can you help?

A:How do I change save as settings?

Howdy and welcome

Do you use AOL?

if so have a look at this... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324761

buck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-change-save-as-settings.354753/
Relevancy 45.15%

how to change language from japanese to english in windows 7

A:change language settings

Go to Control Panel and open Region and Language, under the Keyboards and Languages tab, click on Install/uninstall Languages. If English is not available then follow this guide to install the English language pack.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972813

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-language-settings.1037699/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi
In winVista 64 i have a new problem. When i try to change network identification from "off" to "on" noting happens. It is still on "off". Same thing with filesharing settings. The only thing that i can acctivate is mediacharing.

I alsow have some anoying other problems. For ex. i cant use System restore " Error0x80042308.

Does anyone have an idea what it couses all this problems. I have scan with nod32.

My best regards
Gunvald

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/239130-cant-change-network-settings.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I just installed a dvd rom, and the software automatically changed my display resolution.
Now my screen is so blurry, I cant even see enough to get into display and change my colors or resolution back to normal! Basically I'm trying to reset it with a blindfold on.
Is there a another way to change resolution without being in windows?
Any help would be great. Thanks!
Jason

Relevancy 45.15%

Hello,

Thanks for your help but does it works on Windows 8.1?
and my problem is a little different, I have problem in "Notifications" not "Updates"
Check Screenshot:

A:Can't change app notifications settings

Hello Al Prince Nofl, and welcome to Eight Forums.

It looks like you disabled app notifications. You should be able to use an option in the tutorial below enable them again, and fix this.

Toast Notifications - Enable or Disable in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/62140-cant-change-app-notifications-settings.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,
I'm facing with problem with my proxy settings for a few days. My system (Windows 10) is using some proxy settings that are definitely not authorized by me: "http=127.0.0.1:8080;https=127.0.0.1:8080". What's more, I cannot turn off these setting - it's set back every time I try to disable it. I'm attaching log files created by:
FRST: http://pastebin.com/fV5sBApX
FSS: http://pastebin.com/KzL5D3gt
RogueKiller: http://pastebin.com/uL83agmB
Thanks for help in advance!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/625651/cannot-change-proxy-settings/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello there, i'll get straight to the point.

I'm not amazing with computers so bare with me. I have a HP DV2799, and although I can access BIOS (shows as phoenixBios), there is little that I can change.

I'm trying to change my HDD settings to a solution for my other problem - I can't boot windows vista after it does an update, and going back to system restore every few days is tedious at best.

I'm currently accessing the BIOS with F10# Is there any way i can change the HDD settings, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jim.

A:Can't change HDD settings in BIOS

what s up not to good with computers either but i know if you get the bios screen f10 or i think mine is f8 you just keep spamin the button , but it should let you change once you get to that screen but you should proly just forget vista and reinstall it or xp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-change-hdd-settings-in-bios.774106/
Relevancy 45.15%

I was trying to set up an LAN for a game of mine to play with another computer i have and noticed that everytime I tried to change the "allow a program through firewall", nothing would happen. I know you first have to click on the top right hand "change settings" button first, but it still won't let me click the checkmark to allow it to work through the firewall. Im thinking its some sort of malware and Im hoping for help.

Thoughts?

Edit: WIN7 64bit

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-9370 Eight-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 21 Model 2 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 16364 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 243845 MB, Free - 15786 MB; E: Total - 953866 MB, Free - 168137 MB;
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., 990FXA-UD3
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-change-firewall-settings.1161669/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a Nobilis lap top with the touch pad mouse. I only want it to be used to move the cursor around and not be tap sensative. I accidently tap it and my computer is jumping around. I cant find anything under the mouse settings in control panel?

Relevancy 45.15%

I got a w 10 update and it change the color of my background in my settings and on the internet and cant find a way to change it back. I want the background white instead of this weird green color. I have a pic of it, if I can upload to show you

is there a way to fix this?

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/63285-how-change-colors-settings.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Dear All
how can i change my security sittings coz its sopping me from installing any exe file and its not showing any thing when i dubble click on an exe file Exadobe setup file) its like hidding exe file and block it from working

pleas help ASAP coz i need to install the Adobe to start working on my progect

A:how can i change my security settings

Quote: Originally Posted by alsharif

Dear All
how can i change my security sittings coz its sopping me from installing any exe file and its not showing any thing when i dubble click on an exe file Exadobe setup file) its like hidding exe file and block it from working

pleas help ASAP coz i need to install the Adobe to start working on my progect

If your user account is not an admin account, and there is one on the machine you may need to get their approval.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/203698-how-can-i-change-my-security-settings.html
Relevancy 45.15%

My Firefox crashed 3 days ago and now I'm using IE, and when I download a file, it doesn't show a pop-up box that let's you choose what format you want to save your file as.
Does IE have a similar feature?

A:How can I change download settings

IE9 Way over to the right is a thing that looks like a gear. View Downloads>Options.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/how-can-i-change-download-settings-590663.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I am sure something is wrong here.
I have 3 computers connected to my Belkin adsl hi speed wireless router and 2 laptops and a playstation. all using mac address filtering.

At the moment everything has full internet access.

My problem is I neesd to add the WII mac address but if I restart the router I can access the main interface then as soon as I go to a setting I get this page Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage . There must be a simple solution.arrrr

A:Cannot change settings in Router

Two things come to mind.
Some brands force you to access the router from the LAN/Ethernet port, unless you configured it to accept control from any IP served by the router.

The second item could be that you had advanced to the point to commit to the change and the router reboots at that point. However, it this were true, you probably would not be posting your problem here.

Restarting / rebooting are not the same as resetting the router. You may need to resort to extreme measures, reset the router, and reconfigure it.

Based on your description, I assumed you had successfully logged in. From there you went to the main page. After that it was not clear if you were able to obtain any other pages or that you obtained a paged, made changes, and then lost communication with the router.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-change-settings-in-router.94967/
Relevancy 45.15%

Picture pretty much says it all. I still get the thumbnail preview when mousing over the icons, but I would like to change it back so that all the similar icons are grouped into together to save room on the task bar.

BTW: This either happened from SP1 beta or some option I ticked while making a custom install disk.

A:Need to change taskbar settings

Taskbar Button Grouping - Enable or Disable

Right click the task bar and press properties. Then Beside "Taskbar Buttons:" drop down menu press Always Combine, Hide Labels. I think this is what you mean.
Hope this helps!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/109166-need-change-taskbar-settings.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi guys,

I've recently been promoted to office manager of a small business and I've been trying to download adobe flash player but nothing happens. There's no yellow bar at the top of the screen, and I've checked the settings that I can access. Apparently the last manager was a bit harsh with staff and blocked their ability to download programs. However, we now need this to be installed and no-one here knows how to reverse what the paranoid manager set up. The directors of the company are completely useless when it comes to IT - I had to show them how to delete cells in excel. You see what I'm up against?!

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!
xxxx

A:How to change access settings

Probably wont get any help here with that. How do we know that you
are you?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/how-to-change-access-settings-385529.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi im experiencing problems updating my AVG anti-virus software im getting a message 'connection to update server failed' Ive searched online and came across LowYAT not server settings change will dns net forum someone on there advised to download hijackthis and send the log file to a forum expert I've copied the contents dns server settings will not change of the log file below can you please assist me Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exeC Program Files Lexmark Series lxcemon exeC Program Files Lexmark Series ezprint exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exeC Program Files Activ Software Activdriver ActivControl exeC Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Common Files Ahead lib NMBgMonitor exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Sony Sony Picture Utility VolumeWatcher SPUVolumeWatcher exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exeC Program Files O bin sprtsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS ehome mcrdsvc exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS system lxcecoms exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS System alg exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files PC Connectivity Solution ServiceLayer exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgui exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http g msn co uk SEENGB SAOS FORM TOOLBRR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http g msn co uk SEENGB SAOS FORM TOOLBRR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell co uk mywayR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http uk search yahoo com search fr mcafee amp p sR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - URLSearchHook no name - D F -B FE- -BF - AB D D - no file O - BHO BitComet ClickCapture - F E - A- B A-BCAF- B BFDFEA - C Program Files BitComet tools BitCometBHO dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C... Read more

A:dns server settings will not change

Hi Trish,Welcome to BC HijackThis forum. I am farbar. I am going to assist you with your problem.Please refrain from making any changes to your system (updating Windows, installing applications, removing files, etc.) from now on as it might prolong handling your log and make the job for both of us more difficult.I see from the log you are using a registry cleaner. It is even scheduled to run. Here at BC we do not recommend using registry cleaners as it might irreversibly damage your computer.Removal InstructionsYou computer is at least infected with an Trojan DNS-Changer and there is a trace of MyWebSearch adware.Please open HiJackThis and choose do a system scan only. Check the boxes next to ONLY the entries listed below (if present):

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {4D25F926-B9FE-4682-BF72-8AB8210D6D75} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [C:\WINDOWS\system32\kdjkz.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\kdjkz.exe
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{3851BED7-6632-4933-B4A4-375AB9CEF696}: NameServer = 85.255.112.16;85.255.112.79
Now close all windows other than HiJackThis, including browsers, so that nothing other than HijackThis is open, then click Fix Checked. A box will pop up asking you if you wish to fix the selected items. Please choose YES. Once it has fixed them, please exit/close HijackThis.

Reboot your computer now.

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from MajorGeeksDouble Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy&Paste the MBAM log.Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediately.

Please download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.Set the list of files/folders created to 3 Months and click Continue at the disclaimer screen.Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized).

Note 1: If you have difficulty finding the logs, the logs are in this folder: C:\rsit

Note 2: The tool takes not more than one minute to scan the system.Please include in your next reply:The log of MBAM.
The RSIT logs.
Any comment or feedback about how it went.You might want to save this page on your favorites, so you can find it again when you return.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/220649/dns-server-settings-will-not-change/
Relevancy 45.15%

Im not sure what I am supposed to do with this whole thing so I'm just going to tell everyone what I need help with and maybe someone can save me.
After having extensive problems with my sound I was advised to get a new sound card. I had it installed and my sound still does not work after calling the tech support people for my sound card they said i need to chage my bios settings so that the computer will read my new sound card ... or something like that. I am totally new with conputers so if anyone can help me I would really appreciate it. Thankyou so much. Crystal

A:Need to change Bios settings

Did you uninstall the previous sound card prior to installing the new one?

Try uninstalling and when you reboot see if Windows recognizes it then

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-to-change-bios-settings.678372/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi, First post here,Hopefully this screenshot is self-explanatory:--Terry, East Grinstead, UK

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/362065/cannot-change-service-settings/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a new Thinkpad with XP Pro. I am the only user. I am unable to change my security settings. When I go to TOOLS-INTERNET OPTIONS-SECURITY, and attempt to move the slide setting from MEDIUM to MEDIUM-LOW, I get the message that, "The recommended security level is medium. Please set it at MEDIUM or higher." When I go to CUSTOM LEVEL and lower the setting and hit Reset, it appears to accept my change, but the APPLY tab does not change and the change does not happen.

The current setting is interfering with my use of certain sites, but more important, I want to understand how to use my security settings. Please tell me what is going on and how to remedy.

Incidentally, I tried to add a "trusted site" and found that did not work either.

All replies appreciated.

Relevancy 45.15%

I Am Having Trouble Accessing Some Internet Sites, Ithink It Is Something To Do With Not Allowing Direct X.
I Am Not Sure How To Change These Settings, Please Can Someone Help.

Thankyou

Relevancy 45.15%

I seem to have the same problem that a Systems Change Settings junior member by the name of frog hopper has The only difference is my operating system is WinXP When my system boots in windows a usb comes up in my start up menu stating quot New hardware device found the software that Systems Settings Change supports this device may not be working properly Systems Settings Change quot Then another rectangular window pops up in the middle of the screen stating quot Windows has finished installing new devices The software that supports your device requires that you restart your computer You must restart your computer before the new settings will take effect Do you want to restart your computer now quot It does not matter if I click yes or no The usb start-up message and the system settings message continue to exist I currently have a scanner connected that s usb but the manufacturer did not develope driver s for this scanner to work with WinXP I was told by there technical support that I may use the Win driver s and it will work fine with WinXP I m currently doing that with no problems from the scanner at all I eventually thought this was why I was receiving this message I uninstalled those drivers disconnected the scanner and rebooted my system The messages continued to pop-up I disconnected everything usb uninstalled all of their drivers then rebooted my system again but the messages will not go away I don t know what else to do They don t affect the operation of my system but as froghopper said it s very annoying I ve scanned my system plus I ve run HijackThis and nothing Please Help nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

[Win XP SP3 and updates]

Hello,

I have a few folders in the desktop.

Some are drive folders and the view is details. I think the size is the Windows default.

Others are tools folders, view is icons and I adjust size to fit.

For a long time everything was fine, but lately the tools folders started to reset to details view and size becomes the same as the drive folders.

Using TweakUI to increase the number of folders to remember didn't solve the problem. The folders do not change at once, sometimes one, later another, etc.

Thanks for your help!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/361327/folders-change-settings/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi I accidently ran an exe filed that altered my computer settings I ran I couple of antivirus programms on it and also a registry fix but my internet explorer keeps changing it's settings by itself to accept all cookies. I'm wondering if this virus is still existent and how I can fix my browser

Help!!

A:cannot change IE security settings and more...

Please follow these instructions for assistance with Malware infections, thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-change-ie-security-settings-and-more-324268.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello some program continiously tries to set my internet default search settings to something different I have google as default attached to my is Search Help! trying change Something Settings is my HijackThis file can someone help Ps it is my first time here so hope I post this on the correct forum thanks Thierry Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Help! Something is trying to change my Search Settings Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Samsung Samsung Media Studio SMSTray exe C Windows WindowsMobile wmdc exe C Program Files Canon SolutionMenu CNSLMAIN EXE C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMYPRT EXE C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpWareSE exe C Program Files Search Settings SearchSettings exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files st Security Agent newlock exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files TomTom HOME HOMERunner exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Google Google Calendar Sync GoogleCalendarSync exe C Program Files Sony Sony Picture Utility VolumeWatcher SPUVolumeWatcher exe C Program Files Citrix ICA Client PNAMain exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP wireless Assistant WiFiMsg EXE C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C Users Thierry AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Thierry AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Thierry AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE C Users Thierry AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbarUser exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil c exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Users Thierry AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Thierry AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Thierry Documents Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www symbaloo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en nl amp c amp bd Presario amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en nl amp c amp bd Presario amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook SearchSettings Class - E E- - F - DAB-FCDD B E D - C Program Files Search Settings ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-something-is-trying-to-change-my-search-settings.856780/
Relevancy 45.15%

One of the things that I find annoying is being told that the updates are ready to download. Usually I settle for remind me later. Yesterday I allowed the updates to be downloaded and later, to be installed.
Since then I've had problems. Every time I reboot I get the message
Windows 2000 has finished installing new devices. you must restart your computer before new settings will take effect. Do you want to restart your computer now? I said "yes" the first couple of times but I still get asked again - and again! So now I say "no" and the computer boots without problem.
I confess to not knowing what the updates were for (!) If I did, I'd probably try another download and try a re-install. As it is, I'm left with the recurring message and no ideas regarding how to solve it. Anyone got any ideas?

Relevancy 45.15%

Hey everyone, I recently got a new monitor that I need to update the driver for with a file that doesn't have a digital signature. I haven't been able to access my PC Settings in order to get around this. Here is my thread on the Microsoft forums so people can see where I am currently Cannot access Change PC Settings - Microsoft Community

I don't know what I'm missing but nothing I follow seems to work.

A:Cannot access Change PC Settings

Hi,
Welcome to the forums, you need to right click "cmd" and select "Run As Admin" in these tutorials, try SFC /scannow command, then use the second tutorial, again run SFC /scannow at least 3 times.
SFC /SCANNOW Command - Run in Windows 8
DISM - Fixing Component Store Corruption in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/61555-cannot-access-change-pc-settings.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello, and thanks in advance for your help.

I get limited or no connectivity to my LAN in Vista. And to fix this I have to configure my TCP/IPv4 settings the way my ISP told me.

I go to "Manage network connections", right click my LAN (which has limited or no connectivity), then click properties. Then I click TCP/IPv4, but I can't click properties to get access to the TCP/IP settings because the properties button is grayed out!

Can anyone please take some screenshots on how to change TCP/IPv4 settings (All the steps from beginning to end) or at least tell me what I might be doin wrong?

Thanks in advance

A:URGENT! PLEASE HELP! I Can't Change My TCP/IP settings!!!

What NIC do you have? Many people are having problems with the Marvell Yukon NICs that are built on many motherboards.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/urgent-please-help-i-cant-change-my-tcp-ip-settings.500174/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey,
I have recently upgraded to win8.1.I not able to change my pc settings as it is not working.
I tried this tutorial but its showing this message.
Fix: Broken Change PC Settings link after upgrading to Windows 8.1

I even tried this tutorial.PC settings - Fix and Restore in Windows 8.1
But it didn't work.When i click pc settings its just showing a new tile.

Pls Help me.......................

A:Change Pc Settings Not working

Hello Venkat, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Your images are hard to see being so small. See if uploading and attaching them directly here instead may help.
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Eight Forums

When you say you click on PC settings and it just shows a new tile, what do you mean by new tile?

Did you do all of what's in the tutorial below?

PC settings - Fix and Restore in Windows 8.1

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/45828-change-pc-settings-not-working.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Can anybody explain these settings in bios?
I dont really understand how these settings work.

A:Should I change these bios settings?

ACPI (Power saving mode) ACPI - Advanced Configuration and Power Interface
Power On and Wakeup, devices which can, buy their activity start computer or wake up from sleep mode.
RTC = Real Time Clock, allows it to set time of day for computer to start up.
Restore on AC power loss, What happens when power to computer is cut. Last state = If it was on at the time to turn it back on when power is restored. Other setting may be to stay off even when power is restored (I would recommend that), includes using switch at the back of PSU.

On Board SATA Controller = That's controller for SATA ports where you plug in your disks (HDD. SSD or ODD), with it disabled those devices don't work.
On board SATA mode = should have IDE, RAID and AHCI modes, last one best used with SSD drives. RAID: What is RAID storage? Webopedia Definition
On board USB controller = Provides USB support.
Legacy USB Support = Lets you use USB1 and 1.1 devices.
On board audio and LAN (Local Area Network) which provides support for your wired network connections like with wired Routers etc.
On board LAN option ROM, allows starting computer over network signal: LAN Option ROM

Except for that RAID part (if you don't use RAD array) everything else is correctly set for most cases. If you have SSD it should be set to AHCI and if HDD, IDE mode.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/60040-should-i-change-these-bios-settings.html
Relevancy 45.15%

i just can't change my router settings
i mean when i ype 192.168.1.1 a pop screen or log in screen should appearin which we enter the username and password as admin and then can see the settings of router
but my browser is diplying the message this page cannot be displayed
then i saw my default gateway of my netwrk connection and typed that in browser and stilll got the same messagge

Relevancy 45.15%

I am getting REALLY REALLY PO'd. I AM AM AM the computer administrator, but I cannot go up to TOOLS, INTERNET OPTIONS, and do anything. I get the nice msg. that says HELLOO!!! You are not allowed to do this!

BUT..when I go to CONTROL PANEL/INTERNET SETTINGS, I can do a lot more, but one thing I CANNOT do is change my homepage setting. What is going on here?!!??

A:I cannot change any internet settings!!

Is this a stand alone box and did you set up an administrator password if you set this up in the first place?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-cannot-change-any-internet-settings-8895.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I would appreciate some help on this one as I cannot seem to find a way of changing it.

I am running Win 7 Pro, IE 11 with PDF Reader as Foxit Reader Vers 6.

Whenever I choose a pdf file to download from the internet IE 11 automatically downloads to the download folder of which right thereafter the file is opened up into my pdf viewer.

How can I get a prompt requesting me on where I would like to save the file and then to navigate there at another time and open it from there.

Any help would be appreciated on where I should be looking.

Regards and thanks
Dave.

A:Change IE 11 Download Settings

Probably this method answers your problem: Internet Explorer - Change Default Download Location

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/341621-change-ie-11-download-settings.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Normally on my old Envy i would go into BIOS but on this computer it doesnt give me the option to change the Funtion Keys settings, anyone know how to do this?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/How-do-i-change-the-FN-settings-on-this-computer/td-p/5831800
Relevancy 45.15%

When I turned on my computer, the startup said that its settings had changed. I ran all the startup recovery but windows said that it did not find anything wrong with the startup. After the computer booted up, the desktop icons were much smaller than before. Also, I signed on to my email and my email account had signed off on its own when I was using it. I scanned using the ad-aware that was installed on my computer, but it did not find anything. What is wrong with my computer?

Also, no system restore points exist even though the settings are set to use 5% of the hard drive.

A:Computer Settings change by themselves

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop.* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.* Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtDownload Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log-xxxxx.txt and system-log.txt Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.Do not reboot until instructed.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill log.Post it in your next reply.NOTE. rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.NOTE Do NOT wrap your logs in "quote" or "code" brackets.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513042/computer-settings-change-by-themselves/
Relevancy 45.15%

This happens sometimes when playing games, perhaps flash games, on a web browser. The mouse will suddenly get very slow, or very fast, and requiring altering in Mouse Settings. Any way to stop this from happening? Everything's updated, of course. I'm thinking a memory problem causes the settings to reset to default?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/387019-mouse-settings-change-themselves.html
Relevancy 45.15%

; I can't change any of the settings on my old IBM Thinkpad laptop running Windows XP-1.

When I go into control panel I cannot get into any of the programs and this problem box comes up:
"Windows cannot find C:\WINDOWS\System32\rundll32.exe.................."

And sytem restore is not running so I can't change that either.
It is very frustrating since I need to get rid of a program that is screwing up my dvd player sound system.

THANKS

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-i-cannot-change-any-settings-or-programs.680804/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi i have a brand new dell running on windows on most own computer!! my settings change Cannot xp home edition I installed my programs Cannot change most settings on my own computer!! and all was working great I decided to put some movies on my ipod so i decrypted the dvd with a program and then tried to convert it to mpeg knowing this takes hours i went out for a while when i came back the computer had shut down I hadn t realized that i Cannot change most settings on my own computer!! had not adjusted the power settings to stay on I decided to do that morow because i was tired so i went to sleep and wen i got up i Cannot change most settings on my own computer!! went into control panel and changed the power setting but wen i clicked apply it said quot acces denied quot so i tested this on other parts of the control panel many things tell me my acces is denied so i thought there was a problem with my admin rights but when i click on user accounts it says quot The current user account is not recognized restart the computer and open user accounts quot so of course i restarted a million times but nothing i also did some research and most people that get this error do not have user icons on the welcome screen i do have these icons and can login just fine cana any help me out here i need to get rid of all these errors nbsp

A:Cannot change most settings on my own computer!!

Try starting in Safe Mode, and doing a System Restore when prompted after logging in. Choose a time/date before the problem, (and your IPod movie attempt).
Or access System restore after you log in normally. That should be your first step.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-change-most-settings-on-my-own-computer.549025/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,

Recently my computer's internet gliched and I can no longer connect to any webpage. I think it might have somthing to do with me deleting route 0.0.0.0 on cmd. this is what I wrote:

route delete -p 0.0.0.0

Is there any way i can restore the deleted route?

A:How do I change cmd to default settings?

Hi and welcome to the Forum
Can you do a system restore to a point behind when you did the deletion? It would also beg the question why did you delete it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/278767-how-do-i-change-cmd-default-settings.html