Windows Support Forum

Outlook 2003 can't receive POP3 email

Q: Outlook 2003 can't receive POP3 email

Until recently my Outlook email worked just fine. The other day I began to receive many duplicate emails. I deleted my account from Outlook and re-entered all of the information. I ran a test email which seemed to pause on the "Log onto incoming mail server" but then it showed completed.
I have re-entered the email account data many times and keep getting the following error:

Task 'mail.xxxxdeletedmyserverinfo.com - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC90) : 'Your incoming (POP3) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: -ERR unable to open that message'

I sent this problem to Network Solutions but did not get a reply.

I can access my email through Outlook Express and directly through the web.

Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Outlook 2003 can't receive POP3 email

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Outlook 2003 can't receive POP3 email

Did you use the test function in Outlook when you set up the account?

Don't bother with the "Test" function in Outlook - it often fails for no particular reason.

If you did use it, try sending yourself an email the normal way.

The error you receive can be caused by

Incorrect Email settings.
Incorrect scan settings on anti-virus software (if any).
Corrupted account settings.

First, carefully check your settings. Make sure EVERYTHING is spelled correctly, spacing is correct ([email protected] instead of [email protected] .com), punctuation is correct . instead of ,

One of the most common causes of this error is invalid user name/password. Re-enter them.

Turn off your antivirus email scanning software if all settings are correct.

Since you deleted the account and recreated, the chances are slim that the account settings are corrupt.

Your mail server may also require SSL. I don't know where it is located in Outlook. Find Requires SSL and check the box. Make sure to apply any changes.

If none of this works, post the mail domain which could help us in working with you to resolve the issue.

Also, let us know if you are still receiving duplicate mails in Outlook.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/392479/outlook-2003-cant-receive-pop3-email/
Relevancy 107.5%

For over a week now I have not been able to down mail from Yahoo to Outlook I get the following error Task 'p k yahoo com - Receiving' reported error x CCC F 'The connection to the server was interrupted If this problem continues contact your server administrator or Internet service provider ISP ' I can successfully test account settings and send email However repairing POP3 not receive Can email in Outlook the account will not automatically retrieve yahoo account settings This happened on both my laptop and my desktop at the same time I am running only Windows defender on the Desktop and McAfee on the Laptop I have done the following things to resolve this issue Clean Boot Start Outlook in Safe mode Temporally disable all firewalls and virus scanning Run scanpst on pst files About one day after I stopped receiving mail I received this email From YAH mailto m aol com Sent Thursday May AM To p k yahoo com Subject Security Protocol Dear Account Users Some unusual activities have been detected due to security protocol You have reach the storage limit and cannot send or receive new message until you verify your mail box ACCOUNT VERIFICATION Your mailbox will not be affected and you will keep all your old contact folders and message Thanks Yahoo Team So how did these folks know that I could not receive email Do you have any suggestions how I can restore my ability to receive Yahoo mail by POP IMAP works Can not receive POP3 email in Outlook fine McAfee Windows defender and Bitdefender full scans report nothing

A:Can not receive POP3 email in Outlook

i have edited and removed your email address

you have reached your storage limit on the server
and thats a generic email sent , since you have reached this storage limit, yahoo automatically send out an email and also they stop you sending or receiving email

start with the "trash"/"bin"

IMAP will still connect and synchronise with the server
POP will not download anymore emails - as you will not be receiving them - because of the storage limit being reached on the server

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f369/can-not-receive-pop3-email-in-outlook-1000674.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Hello I use Outlook with SP on a Windows Ultimate x SP Service Pack Build since yesterday OS Outlook 2003: source email downloaded via pop3 is up to date nothing more to download in Windows Update at this moment Outlook downloads via POP mails from a gmail account I have the issue that randomly for an email with attachment s the source of the email is shown in Outlook after download instead of the correct Outlook 2003: email source downloaded via pop3 formating of the mail the attachments as files The specific email is shown correct in gmail web interface Untill now I could not observe a pattern because this is happening for mails from different Outlook 2003: email source downloaded via pop3 domains yahoo hotmail others with different attachments in size filetype mostly pps jpg txt or attachment quantity Its also happening from the same sender On the st encounter I asked the sender to send the same email again and it was downloaded correctly NOTE both email versions were displayed correctly in gmail web Is this a known issue I want to ask this before starting to Outlook 2003: email source downloaded via pop3 deeply look into this The user of the PC is very attached to Outlook and upgrade to a newer version comes in question only if this issue cannot be resolved AT ALL Please advise what to check what to change I'm willing to do whatever needed to sort this out Both OS and Office is standard installation configuration no firewall Win Defender is ON Untill yesterday the same Outlook was used on WinXP for about years and with the same gmail account this never happened Cannot reinstall WinXP because of HW change Win needs to stay The PC in question is not the one from my system specs its a Fujitsu Lifebook PH Best regards Ivan

A:Outlook 2003: email source downloaded via pop3

Nothing ? Is this really a neverbefore experienced issue ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/327760-outlook-2003-email-source-downloaded-via-pop3.html
Relevancy 93.31%

I have had some success in further troubleshooting of Outlook The culprit with Outlook running very slow and swamping the system at CPU usage is with one of the three email accounts I Account CPU - Stopped Usage POP3 Outlook - Email 2003 Climbs Working had set up with it Outlook 2003 - POP3 Email Account Stopped Working - CPU Usage Climbs I deleted the email account entirely and now Outlook runs smooth as a whistle with very low CPU usage But does anybody know why all of a sudden that email account started messing up Outlook I tried adding it back as a new email account but it keeps telling me the following error when I TEST THE SETTINGS Log onto incoming mail server POP Outlook could not connect to the incoming mail server POP The problem could be your SSL or port settings for the incoming server Verify your port and SSL settings under More Settings on the Advanced Tab I have done this and called the folks who handle that email server to verify I have the correct settings but still get the above error Also when I attempt to re-add the email account CPU usage climbs to above - and Outlook no longer runs as smoothly nbsp

A:Outlook 2003 - POP3 Email Account Stopped Working - CPU Usage Climbs

First, outlook is a good tool, but a poor choice for email. Consider using other software
such as Thunderbird.

All the data in Outlook (Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and Email) is held in the single .PST file for each user;
the bigger it gets, the more time and cpu it takes to get into it.

As for the errors, it would appear that the settings are wrong.
The pop3 stuff is for reading your email from the ISP and the smtp is for sending;
each can be correct / incorrect.
You need the pop3 domain name (something like mail.domain.com or pop3.domain.com)
the correct port number (usually 110), AND
the proper login (secured or unsecured).

The sending side almost always requires a secured login on port 25.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2003-pop3-email-account-stopped-working-cpu-usage-climbs.99474/
Relevancy 92.02%

I am trying to figure out why my Outlook will send email but will not receive it My settings are all correct I verified them receive 2003 won't Outlook email :( Solved: with the ISP and I m on an inbound POP server and outgoing SMTP The error I receive is The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving POP server If you continue to receive this message contact your server administrator or ISP I contacted the ISP and they claim there is nothing on their end that is affecting this I do not leave a copy of messages on the server so my account isn t too chubby There is mail on the webmail application but still cannot get it to come to my inbox in Outlook My internet browsing speed is fine so it has nothing to do with that I tested my settings and all works well including incoming I simply do not know what could be wrong Suggestions Any help would be appreciated Business email being down for a few days is always detrimental Edit Forgot to mention - everything was working fine up until days ago We changed nothing at that point It just stopped receiving nbsp

Relevancy 92.02%

Here s the scenario I had to use the quot recovery disks quot that came with my Toshiba laptop to avoid a hard drive crash which has forced me to re-install my MS Office software which includes my email program Outlook I remember when I first installed it I had the same problems trying to receive email My IP Outlook Help! receive Can't email Solved: 2003 in Charter Solved: Help! Can't receive email in Outlook 2003 said they could only help me establish my internet connection which they did but said I would have to contact a Microsoft tech support Solved: Help! Can't receive email in Outlook 2003 person to get my connection issues resolved with Outlook I had to cough up for a quot service fee quot to get a tech support person from Microsoft to help me out over the phone I remember having the change the incoming and outgoing quot port quot settings from the default settings of for incoming and for outgoing to get the program to work Naturally I forgot to write down the new settings and now I m having the same problems I had when I first installed Office I can access my email thru the webmail at charter net and when I used the quot test account settings quot after setting up Outlook I could see the test message sitting in my quot inbox quot at Charter s webmail site I Solved: Help! Can't receive email in Outlook 2003 m pretty sure I m having the same port settings problem again Can someone help me find out the correct port settings to key in so I can use Outlook again Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Help! Can't receive email in Outlook 2003

Since Charter controls which port to use, then THEY should be able to tell you which one(s) to use.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-cant-receive-email-in-outlook-2003.848512/
Relevancy 91.16%

Hi All!

I'm having some trouble with Outlook 2003, for some reason I am not able to compose a new email and send it successfully, I can only send them if I reply to an email that I have already received.

I've tested to see if it might be isolated to external domains, but I can't send to anyone on my network either. All emails come up undeliverable or it say objet cannot be found. Any ideas why this may be happening?

A:Outlook 2003: Cannot send new email, only receive & reply

Could be a few things rather than firing blindly, any chance you copy down the entire error message.when you try to send an email and post it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-cannot-send-new-email-only-receive-reply.740031/
Relevancy 85.57%

After installing Windows 8 Outlook 2007 worked fine for half a day, then it stopped receiving on my POP3 Accounts -
"Receiving' reported error (0x80042108) : 'Outlook cannot connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP)."

It still works fine on two other Windows 7 computers, so it is not a question for the server admin, or my ISP. It is clearly a Microsoft issue.

A:Outlook 2007 can no longer receive POP3

Originally Posted by manuelwc

. It is clearly a Microsoft issue.

not quite sure, it can be a firewall issue, what do you install or change on your pc between the time it work and the time it don't

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/12482-outlook-2007-can-no-longer-receive-pop3.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi all,
I have a buddy who has a new dell laptop connected wirelessly to a linksys router. He can only receive mail when using send/receive. Outbound mail sends automatically. I have checked the send receive options and is set to automatically s/r every minute.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 76.97%

Hey Everyone,

Heres the problem, I have a manager with six POP3 mail accounts, three of which are shared with two other users on the network. These accounts leave emails on the server for up to 14 days so that the three users can download all of the emails.

Two of the three users are having issues where they are redownloading all the messages left on the server, as far as 14 days back and somtimes even up to a year!!!. Through my searches I have found that SP1 for MSO2K3 is suppose to fix this issue.

Both users having these issues already have this update installed and the problem persists.

Can anyone give me some insight as to what is going on here?

All machines involved are running Windows XP Professional with SP2 installed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-multiple-pop3-problems.318027/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello Here is my setup I have SBS with exchange on the 2003 sending pop3 via exchange instead of Outlook server Each user has Outlook setup with the following settings user pop Outlook 2003 sending via exchange instead of pop3 account on server that is external to our network all emails should go here set as default account exchange account on local sbs server The email store is set to a local pst file Right now I am only using exchange to share contacts among the company and I do not actually wish that it is used for any email purposes My problem is this - new emails will by default be sent though the pop server what I want - some not all emails that a user tries to reply to or forward try to send through the exchange server need to fix this I have been unable to find an exact occurance pattern No emails should ever be processed by the Exchange server and no Internet users should be able to send to our Exchange server hence no email should be coming in though the exchange mailbox So on these emails in the message window of outlook it will say quot This message will be sent using Microsoft Exchange Server quot and will be set on the accounts drop down When the user actually sends the email they will get a message back from quot System Administrator quot saying Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients Subject lt email subject gt Sent lt email date amp time gt The following recipient s could not be reached lt email to address gt on lt email date amp time gt The e-mail address could not be found Perhaps the recipient moved to a different e-mail organization or there was a mistake in the address Check the address and try again lt MYSBS SERVERNAME MYDOMAIN local smtp lt email protected gt Domain of sender address email protected does not exist gt The smtp status code my differ but the message format is the same I have spent hours searching for an answer any help is appreciated Thanks -- Adam Gordon email protected nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-sending-via-exchange-instead-of-pop3.205591/
Relevancy 76.11%

I have several years of old Pop3 emails, and mostly in sub folders to Personal Folder, and a large in-box. I wanted to move these all to a web based email, even if it means to my same Comcast account (but would prefer to a new G Mail acct). I want to do this just to keep them available, even if in an offline mode, for reference. Is there a way to do this ? I am on Win XP, and also thinking of going to Linux if this is possible in that OS.

Thanks

Relevancy 76.11%

I've been using Outlook 2003 with the Yahoo Mail account set up on it for several years now with no issues. For the last two or three days, it keeps asking for my log in information and won't connect. Anyone else having an issue with Yahoo Mail's pop3 server?

A:Yahoo Mail pop3 problems with Outlook 2003

I read yesterday that Yahoo Mail has been down but I don't know if it has been restored. Maybe someone else knows.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/394427/yahoo-mail-pop3-problems-with-outlook-2003/
Relevancy 76.11%

I received a new desktop PC for Christmas. I am using Outlook 2003 as my e-mail client. I have installed the entire 2003 Office suite and have set up outlook to receive e-mail. I have a large volume of mail on the Yahoomail POP3 server and when I start the download to my new computer about half of the e-mail is sent then I get an error message saying the POP3 server suffered an interruption. When I start the download again it starts back at message 1 from the server. The setting on outlook are correct because the download starts just fine. Any thoughts on what the problem from the server to my computer might be? My wife uses the same program and setup on her laptop running Windows XP Pro and does not have any issues downloading from Yahoo. Thanks for any help you might give.

Relevancy 76.11%

my outbox on many machines will not empy (send) out of outlook. All versions on my mail server. The server recognizes the user/pass but will not send the mail. Some times it says the tcp/ip connection was stopped by the server. I can still recieve emails. All this started happening out of the blue. ALL server addresses are correct and settings corect on the nodes.

Relevancy 75.25%

When sending internal mail and default is the exchange server it works fine. But if you are sending an internet mail it trys to go thru the exchange server also. If you list internet mail as default it does not send exchange mail. How do I make it start with one service and if it does not go to automatically use the other service.

Relevancy 74.39%

i run outlook 2003 on windows xp. Send and receive does not start immediately when I open outlook, as it used to do. How can I fix this???? it is very annoying.

thanks in advance,
msmouser

A:Outlook 2003 send and receive does not start up when outlook is opened

Usually, it would not do so immediately, but rather on a schedule per your settings.
To get email upon startup, just click send/recv to get the first downloads for the day.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2003-send-and-receive-does-not-start-up-when-outlook-is-opened.122085/
Relevancy 73.53%

My dell laptop, doesn't allow me to select POP3 at the time of initial set up of email accounts in outlook. I am using office 365 license version.
Please guide how to change email account settings from IMAP to POP3 as one of my email id is need to change since otherwise it park all my email on server and the same gets full.
thanks,
Nilesh Gupta

A:How to change email account settings in outlook from IMAP to POP3?

Use Office Outlook on your desktop as your email app instead of windows 10 Mail-Outlook.com (formerly Hotmail) and select Office's Outlook as your default. The win 10 Mail app is for webmail and home user use. You might need it for your Microsoft webmail Account but use Office Outlook as your mail email program for POP mail. Office Outlook and Outlook.com are unrelated in spite of the recycled name.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19989642
Relevancy 73.53%

I use Outlook for all my email requirements One BTinternet com email address One Outlook com email address Previously had above two email accounts sending and receiving from the same PST file each using POP Wanted to change the Outlook com to IMAP with my understanding being that this would then sync both ways with the web-mail for Outlook com Deleted the old POP account settings for the Outlook com email address and then went through the process of setting up again using the automatic configuration rather than the quot manually configure quot 2016 Outlook POP3 accounts email and Server Exchange - thinking this would automatically use IMAP Left settings unchanged for the POP BTinternet com email address To my surprise the Outlook com email address was not setup as an IMAP but as an Exchange Server Initially thought this would be ok as this would also Outlook 2016 - Exchange Server and POP3 email accounts sync both ways with web-mail Soon discovered however that any email coming in to my still remaining BTinternet POP email address was also arriving into the Outlook com Inbox Why is this happening and what do I have to do to still keep the POP email Outlook 2016 - Exchange Server and POP3 email accounts separate from the Exchange Server email each using their own Inbox Both Inbox's are listed in the left hand panel Outlook 2016 - Exchange Server and POP3 email accounts of Outlook Any help much appreciated

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/57561-outlook-2016-exchange-server-pop3-email-accounts.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I am SSL stopped have 7- via been receiving a on Update? email it could POP3 Windows Outlook Win running Office on Windows RTM for a couple of months without problem Suddenly Outlook stopped receiving POP3 email via SSL on Win 7- could it have been a Windows Update? Outlook generate errors whenever it tries to read email from my Yahoo account POP server Outlook stopped receiving POP3 email via SSL on Win 7- could it have been a Windows Update? Yahoo uses SSL for both POP and SMTP server connections Whenever the Outlook error appears I also get an error in the Windows Application log-Outlook error-Task quot rjo - Receiving quot reported error x CCC F quot The connection to the server was interrupted If this problem continues contact your server administrator or the Internet Sservice provider ISP quot App log error- XML view - - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Schannel quot Guid quot F - - - FDC-C FF F C quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt OtterPC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot AlertDesc quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt On the day that the last message was received Outlook still worked I got a boatload of Windows updates I did a system restore to when it worked but no success I did everything in the various KB articles to troubleshoot new profile with new data file - no luck My WinXP boot partition on the same machine works fine with its Outlook install I tried tuning off the Win firewall Any ideas

A:Outlook stopped receiving POP3 email via SSL on Win 7- could it have been a Windows Update?

I'm sure you know yahoo requires a plus account paid subcription for email clients since yahoo was working on your previous operating system. Also if it's of any to use you this link has the yahoo plus client settings.  http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/pop/pop-08.html

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/06a311ad-a43a-4148-84c0-9564870d2f63/outlook-stopped-receiving-pop3-email-via-ssl-on-win-7-could-it-have-been-a-windows-update?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 72.24%

I receive Outlook 2003 or Can't send am using WinXP Outlook and Norton Internet Security w AntiVirus I have been able to send and receive just fine until sometime last week all of a sudden mid-day I started receiving this time out error message with the number x A I contacted my ISP and she instructed me to disable both my IS and AV click on my email icon and once it all came through enable them both I did and all my messages both that needed to be sent amp received came through fine However Outlook 2003 Can't receive or send I am finding that I am having to do this each and everytime I want to check my email I have contacted Norton and they directed to me a help topic in windows which is also the help topic link that I found while searching your website I have also done endless searches on the Net by typing in my OS amp programs in question and by typing in the error number and found that there are several others experiencing the same problem with no assistance I have restored my system and I have all the latest updates and SP from Microsoft Can anyone lead me or start to lead me in some direction where I can get this resolved If there is any information I can provide that would help you understand my system better I will be more than happy to do that Thank you guys for your help Joyce nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-cant-receive-or-send.420664/
Relevancy 72.24%

I am no longer able to receive mail on my computer. I can get it from webmail or from another computer in the office but I am not getting it on mine. Have checked settings until I am blue in the face.

It is sending ok.

Incoming server godaddy

Outgoing server att

Any sugestiouns would be appreciated.

Jim

A:Am Able to send but not receive Outlook 2003

Hi, open outlook go to tools and email accounts select the change option delete the old account go back to tools and this time select new. Recreate your email account, reboot to take effect see how you go now.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/am-able-to-send-but-not-receive-outlook-2003-a-306440.html
Relevancy 72.24%

First post, so be gentle on me please.

I am running Windows XP with Outlook 2003. When I am wireless or hard-wired emails are absolutely OK......with one exception - when I go to my library and get on the WiFI, I can browse OK, but no email sending or receiving. I am OK with all other WiFi networks, but this one just seems to be different. There is no error message. I have tried disabling Norton Internet Security 2007, but no joy.

I have asked the staff, but they have no technicians on site.

Any chance of changing settings at my end to enable email activity? I am having to spend long periods in this specialist library, so a solution would be hugely helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Speedbird 420

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-no-send-or-receive.646136/
Relevancy 72.24%

I use Outlook on a computer that uses Windows Vista Home Premium OS I have used this program for several years without problem When I press the Send Receive button nothing happens messages Won't 2003 Outlook Receive or Send do not send or receive and no progress status shows at the bottom of the screen The settings for Outlook under Tools E-mail accounts as well as under Tools Options appear to be correct When I test those settings the Outlook 2003 Won't Send or Receive test messages sit on the webmail server but I just can t bring the messages down to Outlook Not sure why I cannot open the Tools Send Receive Send Receive Settings Define Send Receive Groups option from the menu I have not brought back my built-up pst and am using a program default blank one until I can restore the connection Three weeks ago my computer crashed Foolishly I restored files from a month old backup to my C Program Files folder Eventually had to rebuild my system as well as totally restore from my MS Office disk but wonder if a file was corrupted from the reload I updated my files up through SP I have run AV programs and malware programs no problems have been found I turned off the AV mail shield but that made no difference My mail service provider will not respond to my inquiries as they believe there is nothing wrong with the service they provide and don t feel responsible for what happens on my computer

A:Outlook 2003 Won't Send or Receive

Any error messages regarding sending and receiving?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/394610/outlook-2003-wont-send-or-receive/
Relevancy 72.24%

When I click the Send/Receive button in Outlook 2003, nothing happens. This is a new probelm that just arose today. I have made no recent changes or updates to my computer that might have fcaused this problem.

A:No Send/Receive in Outlook 2003

In Outlook, go to Tools/Account Settings make sure that the settings are correct for your ISP/Email Provider.
Also, go to Start/Run and type appwiz.cpl and press enter. In Add Remove Programs highlight Microsoft Office and click Change. Here you have the options to Remove, Add Features or Repair. Try Repair first, if you have the Office CD, you can remove (Uninstall) Office and restart, then reinstall (you will not loose any Email, Documents or Settings)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-send-receive-in-outlook-2003-a-648484.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi guys,

I have been using Outlook 2003 for quite some time now. I use POP email accounts - no exchange server etc. I have Archived the account that I have been unable to receive emails to, and exported the .PST to the default backup file. I have even used the Compact feature in the Options menu. This works for a day or so then the same problem persists.

I can receive emails via webmail so I know the problem in client side.

Have you any suggestions on how I can get this working properly again within Outlook?

Can't wait to hear about new things to try to resolve the issue.

R

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-cannot-receive-emails.826421/
Relevancy 72.24%

I have a user in the network that can send but not receive email messages with Outlook For our network we are not using an exchange server we are connecting to a central sendmail email server for POP and SMTP on incoming server port and outgoing This user can send emails and they will be received by other users but she cannot receive any emails from anyone else The Event log indicates a Outlook Error event ID but does not indicate anything else I have looked up this event ID and it seems to be associated with Exchange Server errors which for us is not the case since we do not employ one I have run the Detect and REpair utility to no avail However when I click on the quot Send Receive quot down arrow and choose quot Send Receive Settings quot and quot Define Send Receive Groups quot the usual pop up that allows me to define settings does not appear Has anyone come across something like this

A:Can't Receive Outlook 2003 Messages

Outlook 2003 Can't Receive [

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/133128/cant-receive-outlook-2003-messages/
Relevancy 72.24%

when i log on to co. network via VPN my Outlook does not automatically send/receive e-mail unless I click on the "send/receive" icon. is there a setting i need to change so it just does it?

A:2003 Outlook send/receive

Tools-->Options-->Mail Setup Tab-->Send/Receive-->Schedule an automatic send/receive every ____-->done

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2003-outlook-send-receive.261725/
Relevancy 72.24%

Have Outlook 2003 installed, with Windows XP-Home

Entered email account information (Mindspring/Earthlink) for dial-up. Tested account settings and all checked out fine.

The problem - There is no send/receive button on the toolbar.
- When I type an email and hit "send", it sits in the outbox
and goes nowhere.
- Under "Tools/Options/MailSetup" the "Send/Receive" button
is there but does not work.

All troubleshooting articles I have found say you have to enter an email account to get "Send/Receive" button but none say what to do when you have entered email accounts and still no rens/recive.

Have disabled NortonAntivirus email scanning and Norton Internet security but this did not help.

Appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Thanks

Relevancy 72.24%

Can receive email in outlook but cant send email...my email has been like this for months now...I called my ISP and they didnt have an answer for it...Im running xp however I dont have the Xp disc to re install windows...its an older desktop computer I bought off of someone...Its a Dell PIII.

Im not to worried about not being able to send email on the XP puter because I have another desktop where the email works however its running on windows 2000.

Ive heard some people have problems with outlook using XP though.

A:Can Receive Email In Outlook But Cant Send Email.

you have this log thread open at present and it might be a good idea to await a respose on there before you start to make any changes; it is most possible that an infection has gotten TO your e mail client http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/129909/google-links-wont-work-properlybtcar-hijackervirus/according to the information yu have provided ON that log thread your computer is used by others for P2P file sharing? one OF the problems WITH file sharing programs is what the 'program ' comes baggaged with that can and will infect the computer

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/130064/can-receive-email-in-outlook-but-cant-send-email/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi,

Same issue as a previous thread, the send/recieve button in Tools/Options/Mail Setup does not function. I've since upgraded to Office to 2007 but have inherited the same problem. I've gone through the same routine as the other guy in this forum i.e. un-install and re-install but no joy. Also the send/recieve tab on the toolbar seems corrupt as it shows 'send/recieve all' at the top which is correct but then has send followed by another send below? This aint right...I only have one account.

Is this caused by a particular virus which Norton seems to be blind to? Iv'e tried everything I can think ok so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

A:Outlook 2003 send/receive not working

Have you tried checking for unneeded mail profiles in the control panel?
Start - control panel - mail - remove any unneeded.

Hope this helps

Jen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-send-receive-not-working.617350/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi

I've got a problem with one of my postroom teams email accounts

She's using an exchange account with Outlook 2003 on XP Pro with no PST's. The exchange account is in cached mode.

If she creates new contacts or new meetings, and then does a send and receive, they are deleted from her account

However, if the account is taken out of cached mode, and then add the contacts, they remain, even when cached mode is put back on

I thought that the deleted contacts were being dumped into either the OST or OAB, but this is not the case. How can I resolve this issue as she has many entries to put in?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/send-receive-issue-in-outlook-2003.480460/
Relevancy 71.38%

Yesterday am my Outlook worked fine Around am McAfee popped up a box and said it was removing possible threat xyz and I didn t look at xyz at the time because it didn t seem urgent and it was removing it Since then Outlook has not worked Outlook can t access the mail servers at comcast I get the quot mail comcast net failed with unknown error x FF quot Neither mine nor my husbands accts on the same compuer are working I have googled the heck out this I have talked to comcast I have removed and reinstalled Outlook I have installed the latest outlook services packs I have reset my TCP IP stack and reset winsock I have tried turning off the firewall and McAfee FYI using 2003 Error Send/Receive Outlook XP My comcast email acct is fine because I can access it thru the web browser My local network guy only had a few minutes to look at it today and he is stumped He did install outlook express and that works But I don Outlook 2003 Send/Receive Error t want express because I want the calendar amp address book features that outlook has and the connectivity with my blackberry nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-send-receive-error.497069/
Relevancy 71.38%

This is during chrashes Outlook MS 2003 send/receive happening two two computers both of which are running Windows XP pro I can open Outlook but once it gets about halfway through a send receive operation it gives a message quot MS Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenience quot So I mean while it's a royal pain at least they are sorry right I am attachinga screenshot if that helps I have no idea what is causing this Like I said it is happening on two different computers and it happened a few minutes after opening a doc received through email HOWEVER before you start screaming virus I was the author and sole editor of the document and I sent it from a third computer then openned it MS Outlook 2003 chrashes during send/receive immediatly after on the other two The only reason I even mention this is that it's the only thing that was done to both computers before they both had this problem start happening Any ideas

A:MS Outlook 2003 chrashes during send/receive

www.PayLoadz.com provide an easy way to to sell downloadable items like Software, eBooks, music, movies, digital art, manuals, articles, certificates, forms, files, and anything else that can be downloaded. PayLoadz.com automated service delivers your products to your customers instantly after payment. PayLoadz offers Free lifetime Basic Account First month free for all Premium Accounts.One easy way to sell your downloads is to use services such as http://store.payloadz.com/. They provide easy tools to sell and deliver downloads and good tracking and reporting also. The payment is usually processed by PayPal.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/309943/ms-outlook-2003-chrashes-during-sendreceive/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi Guys,

I'm unable to receive mails in my Outlook, I've tried everything but nothing seems to work.

I also did try to find a solution on Tech Support and came across the same problem which someone else was facing but the solutions to that problem don't seem to be working.

I tried going on my webmail but the website does not seem to work. Do you think there is a problem with the webmail guys (Globat.com)?

Can you guys try to solve my problem as it's been 2 days and I'm unable to view any of my incoming mails, my outgoings are working perfectly ok. I'm slowly loosing a track of my work which is so important.

Your quick response shall be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Haadi K.

A:Unable to receive mails in Outlook 2003!!

well it's hard to pinpoint if it was working and all of a sudden stopped? Did you install any new software...like firewalls? Have you checked with your ISP? Maybe they made changes to the server names, or Ports? I is easier to get help from your ISP first.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-receive-mails-in-outlook-2003.832153/
Relevancy 71.38%

I'm having a problem w/ OL 2003 auto send/receive. It works OK when OL is open/active, but when it's closed, it doesn't work.

tia,

...screamer

A:Outlook 2003 won't auto send/receive

i dont think outlook is designed to send and receive when its closed - mine doesnt using pop accounts and when i was connected to an exchange server it didnt.

but could be wrong

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-wont-auto-send-receive.480082/
Relevancy 71.38%

In Outlook I can t send or receive emails I keep getting error message x b - re operation timed out waiting for a response from the recieving POP server I have contacted my ISP who has checked out outlook can't send or receive emails 2003 my outlook 2003 can't send or receive emails email settings which by the way work on my laptop The ISP technician suggested I reinstall MS Outlook which I have done Microsoft suggests that I might have a clash with my email anti-virus program which is Trend Micro P-Cillin Internet security Outlook runs and opens the calendar updates but the emails just stopped sending and receiving at the end of April In desperation I set up an account in Outlook Express with the same settings and it worked I am connected to the internet via an adsl router modem There are two other computers on the router all receiving and sending emails I still think its a block somewhere from P-Cillin but can t prove it My subscription is ending in the next few weeks for P-Cillin internet security so I thought I might not renew and take it off the computer But remembering the problem I had with removing Nortons on another computer last year I also would like advice before I try to remove P-Cillin Internet Security Any suggestions to get the emails going again would be welcome or help in removal of P-Cillin nbsp

Relevancy 71.38%

I m using Outlook and have been for some time I have e-mail accounts through my ISP setup and have my accounts set to auto-receive every minute For no reason that I can determine I now receive two of every message in my inbox and the manual send receive function no longer works When I open the Options window and click on the Mail Setup tab the quot Send Receive quot button does not respond The Send Receive button on the Outlook tool bar does not work and when I click the Send Receive toolbar down arrow I get options to quot Send Receive All quot quot Send All quot quot Send quot and quot Send quot instead of a listing of each of my accounts And none of those four options respond The e-mail accounts still exist I checked that and I ve tried deleting them and re-establishing them to no avail I ve tried repairing Outlook with the Office CD and I ve tried uninstalling 2003 working send/receive Outlook not and reinstalling Outlook and Office completely I ve had this happen on two computers Outlook 2003 send/receive not working now and it s so annoying I could freaking choke someone at Microsoft If I find out it s a virus or malware I will hunt down the person responsible rip their mouse arm off and beat them with it PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:Outlook 2003 send/receive not working

1 minute is ridiculously too often. With 5 email accounts, you're hardly allowing the PC enough time to connect to the mail server to get ONE email account before you're asking it to do it again. To then expect it to do an additional manual send/receive in the midst of this is ludicrous. (Please don't take offense!)

Set it to at least 5 minutes.

Make sure that each connection does NOT say "leave a copy on the server".
Make sure you've run Detect and Repair from the Help menu. You may want to first hit File-->Work Offline before you run the D&R.

Oh...and while you're at it, tear their head off and poop in their neck, k?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-send-receive-not-working.613385/
Relevancy 71.38%

I can open Office outlook on send problem 2003 Outlook receive fine but when I try to send receive I get the following error message quot Microsoft Offie Outllok has encountered a problem and needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenience quot There is no error number or anything else HJT log included below Thanks Hawk Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Outlook 2003 problem on send receive Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C Outlook 2003 problem on send receive PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C Program Files Dell OpenManage Client Iap exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgfwsrv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files X watch x watch exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mm tray exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Documents and Settings kevinraine My Documents Computer CleverKeys CK exe C WINDOWS DvzCommon DvzMsgr exe C Program Files Olympus DeviceDetector DevDtct exe C Program Files Handspring Hotsync exe Outlook 2003 problem on send receive C WINDOWS system zstatus exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox MMDiag exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mim exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA Yahoo COMPAN Installs cpn YTBSDK exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sp http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www dell com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run x watch C Program Files X watch x watch exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run MMTray quot C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mm tray exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe qu... Read more

A:Outlook 2003 problem on send receive

Try disabling the email scanning feature in your AVG anti-virus. If that fixes the problem, then reinstall AVG.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-problem-on-send-receive.583159/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hey guys

I really have two problems.
1. Outlook does not send or receive emails when I click the Send/Receive button or by hitting F9. My inboxes only update themselves when i click on each individual inbox or when the scheduled task of receiving and sending emails is complete.

2. I cannot edit the Send/Receive Groups. When i click on Edit in the Send/Receive Groups window, nothing happens.

3. I said two problems but i just encountered another. I tried to move up in the order one of my email accounts and got a error message stating "The specified Account was not found. It might have been deleted". Yet i have that email in my folder list.

I am running WinXP HE SP2. ;sz

Help please.

A:Send/Receive problems in Outlook 2003

Have you run detect and repair from the Help menu?
It also helps to know if you're at home using POP3 or on an Exchange server.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/send-receive-problems-in-outlook-2003.371861/
Relevancy 71.38%

PLEASE HELP!!! I have recently installed quickbook 2008 and designated MS Outlook 2003 to send emails. Now I can send emails through Outlook but cannot receive. Tried ticking the send/receive button but nothing happen. Cannot go to "define send/receive group" for setting.

A:Cannot receive emails in outlook 2003, but can send

Hi dtran72329

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

Why are you unable to go to Define Send/Receive group?
What happens when you try?

Please post the exact error message you receive when trying to Receive messages.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-receive-emails-in-outlook-2003-but-can-send.744029/
Relevancy 71.38%

I cannot send or receive e-mail.

I can access my email by webmail.

When I check for default email programs, outlook is not listed as an option.

Where do I start?

Thanks.

Relevancy 71.38%

I havewindows 7 Home Premium, Comcast for ESP, and Outlook 2003 for primary e-mail. I also use MSN for my secondary e-mail. For several months I have not been able toreceive or send e-mail from the Outlook. I tried sending a test email from Comcast email to my MSN email and it showsin the outbox as sent, but does not show up in the MSN email.
The error Ireceive is:
OutlookSend/Receive Progress
“Task’mail.comcast.net– Receiving’ report error (0800408FC)
The servername you entered cannot be found on the network
(it might bedown temporarily) Please verify that you are on line and that the server nameis correct”.

To verify thePC was working correctly, I took it to a friend’s house that also uses Comcast and,outlook worked great.
Anysuggestions would be appreciated.

CaptPoco

Relevancy 71.38%

One of my four mail accounts in Outlook 2003 does not close off the send received process. I get a Sending and Receiving error 0x80042109. Appreciate any ideas as to how to fix this.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P7450 @ 2.13GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 4060 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 230M, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 463882 MB, Free - 346629 MB;
Motherboard: TOSHIBA, KSKAA
Antivirus: AVG Internet Security 2011, Updated and Enabled

A:Outlook 2003 Send and Receive Error

A Google of the error code produced several ideas. One is to restore your system to an earlier time before the error first appeared. Apparently you have some corrupted files.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-send-and-receive-error.1093933/
Relevancy 71.38%

Only problem, when I click options and 'mail setup' and 'send/recieve' button, nothing happens. I'm running Windows XP Pro w/ sp3, using Office 2003 teacher and student edition. I think it used to work. I'm running McAfee Enterprise virusscan 8.7i and get no on access flags when trying to do this. Information Event ID 27 in the application log. The operation failed. I assume the entries (about 10) where when I was clicking on send/receive in Mail setup and nothing happened. Thanks for reading this. PAJ

A:I receive mail when Outlook 2003 isn't running..

Another program which uses e-mail functions X-News news reader was running when I tried to do this and was probably locking the settings. I'll try it again when I get home. Thanks for reading this. paj692

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-receive-mail-when-outlook-2003-isnt-running.872610/
Relevancy 70.95%

I have a problem in that I can't receive email from a business associate who used MS Outlook. I am using MS Outlook Express. The only think I could think of was to check to see if he was blocked under "Block Messages." I have determined that this is not the problem because his email address is not listed. Does anyone think that there is another problem on my end, or is there an issue on my business associate's end? Would appreciate any assistance as this is most agrivating.

McChuck

A:Can't receive email from Outlook

As you have had no other replies as yet may I suggest that you check the obvious first. Is he using your correct email address?? Send him an email requesting that he replies using the 'Reply' button within that email. If it does not return then you will have confirmed there are other issues at fault.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-receive-email-from-outlook.433243/
Relevancy 70.52%

i have suddenly had the same experience as others with the send/receive button in outlook 2003 disappearing upon startup of outlook. have tried all of the suggested remedies without success, including creating a new profile. For that i just added a 1 next to the name and included the same information as the other profile. I got the same response as always - no send/receive. Is there something different i need to do?

i am using xp professional. have used all of this for years and years and it's only the last couple of days that this has come up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-send-receive-button-in-outlook-2003.874987/
Relevancy 70.52%

Outlook configuration has not changed... the problem (no mail in or out of Outlook 2003) coincides with some security changes I made to my system a couple of days ago. I uninstalled AVG Antivirus, AVG AntiSpyware, Kerio Personal Firewall, Ewido, and Adaware. I then installed Antivir and Spyware Terminator then reinstalled the latest version of Kerio Personal Firewall. My firewall settings were all saved, but the mail issue persists even when I kill the firewall and spyware terminator. I've even disabled Antivir... all to no avail. New email accounts don't function either

It is not the mail servers since I'm using comcast, gmail and an exchange server... none of them are connecting. I've rebooted the computer and I've tried the detect/repair tool in Outlook

My system is running XP Pro SP2.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 70.52%

Has anyone faced this problem before? Everytime I load up my Microsoft Outlook, my Send and Receive tab would show up for a second and then disappear.

And I am unable to send and receive even when I switch it to "auto" setting.

I need help!

Thanks in advance guys!

A:Outlook 2003 : Send & Receive Button Disappear

Have you tried resetting the toolbars?

Right-click anywhere on the toolbar, choose Customize, go to the Toolbars tab, select the relevant toolbar and click Reset. This should reset the toolbars to the default (so you'll have to redo any customisations you've made).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-send-receive-button-disappear.381986/
Relevancy 70.52%

So we are using an exchange server here and outlook is not sending mail. It can receive it, but it can send it. The mail just sits in the Outbox. Here is the funny thing I noticed. You can create emails and click send, but they go directly to outbox, no further. Then in the tool bar there is no Send/Receive button and I can't add it back in via the customize toolbar menu. It seems to have disappeared from there as well. Any help? Anyone?

I saw alot of people ask this question online, but not alot of answers.

A:Outlook 2003-No Send/Receive Button, Emails do come in...

are you hosting your own exchange servers? must be something not configured properly there...

try to add a pop/imap or web email like gmail or hotmail to outlook to verify that you can send receive fine and the problem is that the server is not configured properly

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-no-send-receive-button-emails-do-come-in.839385/
Relevancy 70.52%

I have outlook 2003 on my machine and would like to know how to enable/disable send receive on startup. Sometimes my pop server seems to not like the auto send receive and I want to see if outlook is the problem "before" I call verizon and look foolish.

I would rather look foolish here where people know me.

A:Outlook 2003 how to enable/disable send receive

Open Outlook, click Tools> Options> Mail Setup tab> uncheck the box: Send immediately when connected. Click the Send/Receive button and you can check the box: Schedule an automatic send/receive every... and in the box select the number of minutes you want the automatic send/receive or uncheck the box and you can click the Send/Receive button on the toolbar when you want to send or receive mail. When set, click Apply and OK.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-how-to-enable-disable-send-receive.458684/
Relevancy 70.52%

I am trying to setup Outlook 2003 on a computer I bought recently second hand. I have Windows xp pro with SP3 and Office 2003 with SP3. After installing Office, I can't get the send receive button to do anything. I looked at an expired thread on this same subject and saw they found a virus. I have looked for that virus and not found it. I have installed and reinstalled Office with no luck.

Relevancy 70.52%

Ok I am having some problems with my Outlook The other day I downloaded the Windows Live Hotmail Outlook connector The download went fine but I noticed that after I had downloaded it I was unable to send receive e-mails though Outlook I removed the connector and have since been unable to send receive e-mails through Outlook I tried to repair all of office and even uninstalled and reinstalled Office on my computer Still I am unable to send receive e-mails through outlook I can do everything else but send receive I am not computer saavy in the least so any help with detailed instructions would be most helpful for me I work at an office so being able to access client e-mails are very important Please help if you can EDIT I have tried looking though other posts and most say to go to Tools then E-mail accounts in the toolbar however when I click on e-mail accounts I get this message quot The Operation failed due to issues Outlook 2003 Send/receive Solved: a registery or installation problem Restart Outlook and try again If the problem persists please reinstall quot I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling all of Office on my computer Nothing seems to be working nbsp

Relevancy 70.52%

I can send but not receive email in outlook 2003 since our daughter switched our Comcast to their new X10 platform. I called Comcast 4 days ago and only received 2 callbacks saying someone would call me in 24 hours, 48 hours later each. Error box says incoming server could not be found. Asus G53S laptop, Win7, i7. max ram.
She had us scheduled to change to ATT like she has but after she and the kids spent the holiday break here she was very happy with Comcast programming and cancelled ATT. She set up Xfinity's new X10 for us and is even ordering it for her house.

A:Outlook 2003 won't receive emails since switching to Xfinity

You most likely need to set the correct server addresses in Outlooks settings panel for the email account.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/E-Mail...rosoft-Outlook-2003-email/m-p/1579203#M223938

Try the above link

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-wont-receive-emails-since-switching-to-xfinity.1163977/
Relevancy 70.52%

Last week, I attempted to upgrade on line to Outlook 2003 SP2.

Thought it would solve another problem which was later solved elsewhere

Anyway, I got an error on the upgrade installation saying I was using an unexpected version. o I cancelled the installation of the upgrade.

I do not know if this is related to the issue, but here's the peoblem I have been having since Friday.

I can send email fine, but I do not receive email.
When I force the send/receive (F9) I get the following error;

! Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8007000E) : 'Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again.' Click to expand...

I know I am no where near out of resources. My mailbox folder size is less than 4 MB. I am really good about moving email to a personal folder or archive file.

Please help me.

Thanks,

Mike

Relevancy 70.52%

Folks,My ISP and email provider is Comcast.net, but for the next month I am living wit my inlaws who have a different ISP. How do I get my Outlook to sync/send with Comcast, even though I am connected through the net to the other ISP?I can receive, just not send.JeremyModerator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:Trying To Send/receive Email On Outlook With Different Isp

What ISP are you using to access your Comcast account? Are you using Outlook or Outlook Express?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/93120/trying-to-sendreceive-email-on-outlook-with-different-isp/
Relevancy 70.52%

Outlook stopped receiving email on 30 Apr. I tried to uninstall MS Office as suggested by HP, but get an error: Can't access network location of %APPDATA%.
I have an HP Pavilion dv9000 laptop with Windows Vista x64 and MS Office 2007 Outlook. I've spent hours w/ HP and AT&T tech support, but can't resolve the problems (Email & %APPDATA%). HP wants me first to restore my laptop to its originally shipped configuration (I'd prefer not to if I can) and AT&T wants $99 for advanced support. So, I came here for help.

A:Can Send But Not Receive Outlook Email

What does it say if you type this into a CMD prompt:

echo %appdata%

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/227629-can-send-but-not-receive-outlook-email.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Using Outlook not Express Can send e-mail Ok but cannot receive - instead get an error message - not but Outlook email can send receive All account settings are correct for my ISP Using Windows XP and Office SP Issue started after I added a new hard drive then made the new drive the boot drive and the other one the slave Now I get this email problem and others - Windows Installer box pops up when I open any Office programs Says quot preparing install quot then gives a message that I should run Setup and then select Repair - tried removing Office with add remove programs and after the Windows installer box pops up with quot preparing to remove quot this message appears quot This patch package could not be opened Outlook - can send but not receive email quot - tried to reinstall Office from disc and it would not work - same errors as above - tried to delete a separate file and is said the recycle bin was corrupted Can someone please help nbsp

Relevancy 70.52%

Hi, Techguy,

I have a laptop running on Windows XP. My problme is with Outlook 2007 and I used Yahoo mail.

IT all started (on a dark and hot night J/K) three days ago when I turned on my outlook 2007. It asked if I wanted to Archive (which I've never done before) and I clicked yes. Then, my Outlook stopped working. It would not send or receive. The error message suggested that I run "scanpst.exe" on all my .pst files. I did and the repairs were completed.

I had too many emails, so I deleted some emails.

Currently, I can send emails, but can not receive any emails. I keep getting error message "0x80004005 Operation failed".

I scanned my whole laptop via NOD32; nothing.
I created new email profile; still can not receive emails.
I can send email but not receive. Please help. Thanks.

A:cannot receive email on Outlook 2007

Read this.. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329936

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-receive-email-on-outlook-2007.704361/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi all,

I have had outlook 2003 installed on my machine without any problems for about 2 years now. All of a sudden my Send/Receive button has stopped working. I can create new email and its sends ok, but to receive mail, I press the Send/Receive button and nothing happens at all. The only way to get it to work is to reboot. It then works maybe twice then I have to reboot again. Any ideas anyone?

I am running Windows XP and have Norton 360 installed.

Any help appreciated
Neil

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/send-receive-button-doesnt-work-outlook-2003.681961/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello All I use Microsoft Outlook and am unable to send any Emails at all even to myself for the last two days but have able to receive them from others The computer is a Dell Optiplex GX system is Microsoft Windows XP Prof Version SP CPU MB RAM My Web browser is Mozilla Firefox internet provider Time Warner Cable and they would not help me as they said my email is a third party even though my email is a Time Warner email address and they do not support any third party emails I have restored the computer But to in Outlook Emails 2003 Receive send Unable Microsoft Can twice back to when the Email worked properly to no avail I have avast antivirus Unable to send Emails in Microsoft Outlook 2003 But Can Receive running continually and I ran Malwarebytes anti-malware which only came up with some Unable to send Emails in Microsoft Outlook 2003 But Can Receive PUPs and that didn't help When I checked the error message that appeared in the lower right of the screen it said- Task 'pop-server ca rr com-Sending'reportederror x CCC 'Unable to send the message Please verify the e-mail address in your account properties The server responeded Authentication is required before sending R I went to the Unable to send Emails in Microsoft Outlook 2003 But Can Receive email settings under Tools and under Outgoing Server I checked off Outgoing server needs authentication That didn t help even after restarting Now I keep getting the small rectangle that says Enter network password I have no idea what that password is when I enter the email password that does nothing and that small screen won t go away When I close email it reopens and I get new emails with that Enter Network Password screen popping up again and I still can t send any emails Under Tools-Email Account-Change-Test Account-Settings here is what I got Tests Establish network connection Completed Find Outgoing mail Server SMTP Completed Find Incoming Mail Server POP Completed Log onto Mail Server PO Failed Send Test email Failed Errors Outlook could not connect to the SMTP mail server because the server did not accept your user name or password Logon to incoming mail server POP Outlook could not connect to the incoming POP mail server because the server did not accept your user name and password I would appreciate any help you can give me As I am not very good with computers and only know the basics please explain things and all instructions in the simplest of terms I prefer to keep my email account as it is because I would like all my emails in one place Thank you in advance

A:Unable to send Emails in Microsoft Outlook 2003 But Can Receive

You might try posting the issue in the Time Warner customer help forum in the Email category.http://forums.timewarnercable.com/Hopefully someone there will be able to help you get this issue resolved.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/553056/unable-to-send-emails-in-microsoft-outlook-2003-but-can-receive/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi,

Hope someone can help! I got a new desktop loaded with Vista Business last week. Since then, I get the following error when I clikc on send/receive in Outlook 2003:

Microsoft Windows

Microsoft Office has stopped working

Close program

Is it a Vista / Outlook 2003 compatibility issue?

A:Outlook 2003 on Vista closes when clicking send/receive

with Outlook 2003 on Vista Business.

I seem to only experience this problem when I am sending email from within my school's network; I don't experience this problem while using my cable modem/wireless router set-up at home. The only thing that I can think of is that it is some kind of network/firewall setting, which is causing Outlook to die. The probable solution probably can be found by inquiring with your network administrator.

I also would like to hear the solution for this particular problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-on-vista-closes-when-clicking-send-receive.623805/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi,

Whenever I send an email, it takes forever to get to the recipient. When I sent the test to myself, I clicked on the Send/Receive button to speed up the process, however it does nothing. As some of you may know, when that button is pressed, a dialog box appears showing the progress of the email being sent or received. Does anyone know why this is happening and how it can be fixed? Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2003-send-receive-button-does-not-work.866426/
Relevancy 70.09%

The quot send receive quot button literally won t work - it won t do anything when I click on it It won t work when I try going through tools and neither will the quot define send receive groups quot button in the send receive settings I ve tried using the keyboard shortcuts as well to no avail When I type a new email and hit send it sends it to the outbox and then automatically sends the email to the server I - button won't work Outlook Send/Receive 2003 Solved: have checked the webmail and there are several emails waiting to be downloaded I have also tested the account settings and they re fine no errors I Solved: Outlook 2003 - Send/Receive button won't work have come to the conclusion that it s just the buttons that won t work and it Solved: Outlook 2003 - Send/Receive button won't work seems I have no way of downloading my emails to outlook I ve spent the last hours trawling Google for a solution but I haven t found anyone else with the same problem yet I would appreciate any assistance I have XP Prof nbsp

A:Solved: Outlook 2003 - Send/Receive button won't work

Inexplicably started working again today. Very strange...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2003-send-receive-button-wont-work.890062/
Relevancy 70.09%

I ve recently upgraded from Office to Office in my PC running XP I didn t realize I was going message error Send no or Outlook - Cannot 2003 Receive Solved: to have so much quot fun quot doing this Solved: Outlook 2003 Cannot Send or Receive - no error message however I will chalk if up to a learning experience The problem being that I cannot send or receive e-mails If I create a new e-mail it just sits in my outbox When pressing Send Receive a dialogue box comes up at the bottom of the screen stating quot Send Receive Complete quot however the e-mail stays in the outbox There are no error messages that will give me a clue as to what I have done or need to do I can access the Internet and I can send receive just fine on my wireless laptop so I know my e-mail account is working fine After viewing the various similar problems in this forum here s what I ve tried reinstalled Office removed Norton created a new account - POP ran the quot Test Account Settings quot in E-Mail Accounts - green check marks for all fiddled with data files to the point of perhaps this is where I am beyond my abilities Folders for Inbox outbox sent items etc show up under a folder titled Personal Folders I would really appreciate it if someone could help me in resolving this problem Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 69.66%

Outlook unable to receive email Work from home able to send email but not email unable receive 2007 Outlook to receive email for either of my two accounts suddenly started during the day without any other noticeable changes has continued for days Has been working fine for months on Windows HP laptop Disabled and then removed Avast anti-virus no change Not running Zone Alarm Removed Outlook Outlook 2007 unable to receive email and reloaded with all updates no change Removed and then recreated both email Outlook 2007 unable to receive email accounts no change Took laptop to another location to eliminate possibility of problems with router or ISP AT amp T no change Following add-ins are active iTunes Microsoft conferencing Outlook 2007 unable to receive email Exchange unified messaging SharePoint server colleague VBA for Outlook Outlook backup Change notifier search email indexer When F request to send receive or automated progress shows sending of email and quot live meeting transport quot but does not show the two email accounts receiving anything I m able to check email from web sites but not from Outlook so I know there is email to be received Any suggestions other than to reload Windows greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 69.66%

Hi

I have Otlook 2007 running under XP. It has worked fine for about 3 months, but suddenly I cannot receive any emails, or I get them sporadically.

I turned logging on and it came up with the following error.

DoPOPDownload(flags = 00000030, max msg = ffffffff): full items

I have tried everything including reinstalling, setting up a new profile etc., but the problem persists.

Please help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-unable-to-receive-email.779556/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi there For a while I've been using Windows Live Mail on Vista It worked well for ages but has recently refused to send mail After giving up on fixing it I set up Outlook instead Same settings and accounts as WLM a couple IMAP accounts and one HTTP Hotmail account Works fine only problem is that Outlook doesn't automatically retrieve mail I've set it so that it runs send receive once a minute which is okay but I would rather emails come through when they're actually sent My main qualm however is that even when send receive is run there is no notification for new mail No popup message in the corner no change in the tray icon nothing I just have to keep checking it which is annoying Anyway to fix those two issues At the office my work email receives emails when they're sent and a popup box appears in the lower left corner We run an Exchange server there so mayhap that receive 2007 Automatically email Outlook - makes a difference Thanks

A:Outlook 2007 - Automatically receive email

Actually I've just found that it does indeed have a new icon in the tray upon the receipt of a new message. So the 1 minute send/receive doesn't really bother me.

So I guess this can be closed now. Thanks!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/outlook-2007-automatically-receive-email-411560.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Here at the doctor s office I work at all of a sudden last Thursday a prompt came up asking us to put our login credentials for our email upon sending an email which is NEVER does The user name and password was but Express send to in email, Able & receive WLM Outlook not all saved so we just clicked OK Our email addresses are all different and all end with ourofficename com which is using a Verizon net server Now on multiple computers everybody can still RECEIVE email but nobody can SEND email This is through Windows Live Mail and Outlook Express on both Windows XP and Windows The exact error reads as follows Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection Possible causes for this include server problems network problems or a long period of inactivity Subject test Server smtp verizon net Windows Live Mail Error ID x CCC F Protocol SMTP Port Secure SSL No I have attempted to change the outgoing server port to to no avail I have also updated the server from outgoing Verizon net to smtp Verizon net It does not help To convolute matters more we are not entirely sure of our password -D If anybody could shine some light on this issue the doctor s and I would be very appreciative Thank you Able to receive email, but not send in WLM & Outlook Express so much nbsp

Relevancy 69.66%

I am unable to receive messages in Outlook 2007. I can send without issue, but I cannot receive across a variety of email addresses with various port settings. Outlook was working without any issues until a few days ago and there were not any updates or installations that can be linked to this issue. I have tried removing the antivirus software entirely and I have disabled the firewall but still can’t receive messages. I do however receive emails on my blackberry from all email accounts. I have verified settings with my domain hosting company. When clicking on the “Test Account Settings” button on the “Internet E-mail Settings” page Outlook does not detect any issues however the test email is only received on the blackberry and not in Outlook. Outlook also does not show any errors when attempting to send and receive emails. Thanks for your help on this baffling problem.
I am using: Outlook 2007, XP Pro, Lenovo T61p

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-send-but-cant-receive-email-in-outlook-2007.859539/
Relevancy 69.66%

Yesterday morning, Outlook 2007 simply stopped sending/receiving email. Send/receive status simply hangs, showing some variation of "receving message X of X (X.XX KB of XYZ KB). When I cancel, the send/receive function doesn't work. I shutdown and restart, same scenario. I've removed and added Outlook to no avail. I am running it on Windows 7. Appreciate any help you might offer.

Relevancy 69.66%

Hi all I ve got a very annoying problem here I have paid for and installed Office using it email problems receive Live Outlook - with my GB Hotmail account a service Microsoft names Outlook Outlook Live - email receive problems Live and for those who don t know it allows you to connect your Contacts Calendar and other stuff using Outlook I use it to manage my personal email alongside business email which we connect through a Groupwise client I m using all this on a Dell Latitude D WinXP My problem is this in order to see any changes in Outlook such as a new email I have to close Outlook and relaunch it before it ll download the message This is incredibly annoying Outlook Live - email receive problems because the only way I realise I have a new email is by signing into MSN messenger not to mention the constant annoyance or relaunching something over and over I also get this problem at home over my broadband so I know it s not the company s network blocking anything I have even reloaded Windows and everything but still the same issue Is it possible Groupwise and Outlook could be conflicting I notice that Outlook appears to be sending receiving and does not error but Outlook Live - email receive problems no updates are applied to the mailbox until it s restarted What s also strange is I can send an email immediately without restarting I wonder if somehow Outlook is trying to download email into Groupwise though it can t When I first got started I had t oconfigure Windows to prompt me for profile selection when starting Outlook as otherwise Groupwise kepted crashing and I need to be able to run them both Plus they used to work harmoniously together at one time without any changes to the way I m using things now WnXP SP Office Pro SP installed Any suggestions will be incredibly gratefully received Craig Wellman nbsp

A:Outlook Live - email receive problems

Press F9 while you are online, it will do a send/receive. You may also want to check your send/receive settings. Go to the send/receive buttin and click the arrow next to it and select Send/Receive settings and Define Send/Receive Groups. Edit the entries that are there and make sure they are set the way you want it to work. Is your account in Outlook set up as an offline folder?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-live-email-receive-problems.438816/
Relevancy 69.66%

I'm trying to set up my msn.com email addresses in outlook 2007. (Ironically they set up fine in Entourage.) I don't want to use the connector program, as it receives mail in a separate folder, and I'd rather keep my email together in one inbox. I've set the proper settings for both receiving and sending, but I can neither send nor receive. Any ideas? Thanks very much.

A:Can't receive or send msn.com email in Outlook 2007

imap or pop3 for msn?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287604

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/68737-cant-receive-send-msn-com-email-outlook-2007-a.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Okay I tired Using Frontier s Outlook Standard Email Cannot Receive 2007 tech support but they said a problem on Windows end and their tech support is pretty useless so thus i went here as said here the problem is also described here with the chat log note he did ask for email and password which i removed from chat dialogue AM Connecting AM Connected A support representative will be with you shortly AM Support session established with Frontier Internet Chat Support AM Frontier Internet Chat Support Thank you for contacting Frontier Technical Support My name is Levi How may I assist you today AM Jonathan Hello Levi So in Outlook I cannot receive mail I haven t tried send and it gives me this error code x ccc It basically keeps asking for the password even if it is correct so when i try to look at my mail Outlook 2007 Standard Cannot Receive Email that I know I should have online it isn t there either I tried quot Create a new Outlook profile quot as per http support microsoft com id but it failed When I tried to change my password as according to one website that said it could be corrupt I got this Couldn t change password ChangePasswordForcedRequest Failed Yahoo API call Internal Error Login does not exist for user open So could you offer any solutions Please and thanks AM Frontier Internet Chat Support One moment AM Jonathan No problem AM Frontier Internet Chat Support hmm AM Frontier Internet Chat Support Okay try logging into the webmail at webmail frontier com AM Jonathan Okay I logged in AM Frontier Internet Chat Support okay that tells me there is nothing wrong server side AM Frontier Internet Chat Support Do you mind if I remote in to take a look at outlooks settings AM Jonathan Sure how do I do that AM Frontier Internet Chat Support would like to start an operation which requires an applet to be downloaded Download Applet AM Frontier Internet Chat Support Please download and run the applet AM Jonathan Okay AM Checking configuration AM Applet connecting AM Applet connected AM Frontier Internet Chat Support Please allow AM You have granted full permission to Frontier Internet Chat Support To revoke click the red X on the toolbar or press Pause Break on the keyboard AM Remote Control started by Frontier Internet Chat Support AM Frontier Internet Chat Support Okay your settings are perfect and the webmail is logging in At this point you will need to contact Microsoft as it is an issue on their end AM Jonathan Okay thanks anyway AM Jonathan has revoked all permissions AM Remote Control by Frontier Internet Chat Support stopped AM You have ended the session I have also tried putting the same setting or tired using other email programs like Mozilla Thunderbird which also failed Make note that on the web email displays no emails even though i should be receiving them due to things like Facebook So can anybody help

A:Outlook 2007 Standard Cannot Receive Email

Hi -What version of Windows (2000, XP, Vista Win7) and Service Pack (1, 2, 3) are you currently using -Have you checked This Solution from M/soft for Error Number: 0x800CCC92 -Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/458000/outlook-2007-standard-cannot-receive-email/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello there to all,

I have a problems with Outlook Express 7. I did the setup for my AOL email as recommended by AOL settings and the it sends emails without any problems but I have two problems:
1) it does not receive emails at all.
2) it ask for the password three times after that I can send email but will not receive.

my operating system Vista Home

Please help me with the two issues above.

thanks in advance

A:outlook sends won't receive email, no error messages

do you have the correct settings for SMTP ??
You should be able to get a document off the AOL support site on how to set up outlook express (OE) with AOL - do they allow full access with OE ?

Are you sure you have the password and username set up correctly - remember its case sensitive ...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-sends-wont-receive-email-no-error-messages.894934/
Relevancy 68.8%

Please help!

I am unable to send, receive, or delete any emails from Microsoft Outlook 2007. Some of what I have read makes me think it may be due to too many emails stored.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 4062 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 464209 MB, Free - 129390 MB; D: Total - 12726 MB, Free - 2035 MB;
Motherboard: Quanta, 361B
Antivirus: Kaspersky Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 68.8%

Hi,

I have Outlook 2007 installed on laptop and have set-up an email account to use. The problem is that I can send email to other people's email addresses from this outlook 2007 account, but I am unable to receive email from other people?

Have read within this forum about correctly signing out of ISP accounts (if users read their email via web)- I personally never read via ISP's pages but did make a check to see if I had logged into ISP's web pages which I hadn't.

Not sure what's going on with the application in this instance & appreciate any help you can offer me for this particular prob in advance.

Thanks for reading.

A:Solved: Outlook 2007 email receive problem

If you are using Win Vista try this

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935400

To determine whether this problem is caused by a network hardware device that does not support TCP Window Scaling, follow these steps:
1. Click Start , click All Programs, and then click Accessories.
2. Right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
3. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2007-email-receive-problem.599152/
Relevancy 68.37%

When starting Microsoft Outlook 2003 on Windows XP I receive the "Common Language Runtime Debugging Services" error message. What could cause this? Additional information. Application has generated an exception that could not be handled. Process id=0xf0(3904), Thread id=0xfc8(4040). Here's some more info. I don't know if this helps. Outlook.exe - No Debugger Found. Registered JIT debugger is not available. An attempt to launch a JIT debugger with the following command resulted in an error code of 0x2(2). Please check computer settings. Cordbg.exe !a0xdfc. Any ideas?

A:When starting Microsoft Outlook 2003 on Windows XP I receive the "Common Language Run

Is your computer a Dell? if so look here -

http://delltalk.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=SS-deskGH&message.id=1038

seems people resort to removing -

Dell Support and Solutions applications

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-starting-microsoft-outlook-2003-on-windows-xp-i-receive-the-common-language-run.458130/
Relevancy 67.94%

I use Outlook 2010 to process several email accounts. I noticed a few days ago that a couple of the email accounts had vanished from the list. I also noticed that one still present was not sending or receiving. I tried re-entering the password and when that didn't work I deleted and re-entered the account. It tests fine but the test message never shows up in my Outlook inbox. It does show up immediately on my phone when I check my mail there.

What gives?

A:Outlook 2010 email accounts disappear or don't send receive

Disabled any add-ins pertaining to Apple and still no luck receiving the test message on my PC but they all come through fine on my iPhone. This is driving me nuts!

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/260108-outlook-2010-email-accounts-disappear-dont-send-receive.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello I'm posting this for a friend so I hope you can help Basically every time he sends receives his emails in Outlook there are literally thousands of spam emails flooding the inbox I've ran a few anti spyware and he has Norton Constant send/receive in Outlook. email thousands when spam, Antivirus Internet Security installed The anti spyware found a few things Constant email spam, thousands when send/receive in Outlook. but nothing too harmful The virus scan came up with nothing Other than the email spam the computer runs fine I couldn't run Panda ActiveScan like it said in the sticky because the quot Scan Now quot button didn't do anything Windows is updated fully also Here is the Hijackthis log with the extra txt file attached If you need any more information let me know Thanks in advance to anyone who can help Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Owner on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis run as Owner exe ----------------------------------------------- Unable to find log file not found running clone -- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------ Emulating logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at - - Platform Windows XP Service Pack MSIE Internet Explorer Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS system smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPROXY EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCSETMGR EXE C Program Files Norton Internet Security ISSVC exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCEVTMGR EXE C WINDOWS system BRSVC A EXE C WINDOWS system BRSS A EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Autodata Limited Shared Service ADCDLicSvc exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NAVAPSVC EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system hpsysdrv exe C WINDOWS system hphmon exe C hp KBD kbd exe C Program Files INTEL DSLSetup PRODSL EXE C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE opwareSE exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCAPP EXE C Program Files TomTom HOME TomTomHOME exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C WINDOWS system ntvdm exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop dss exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http qgb hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-qgb hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http g msn co uk SEENGB SAOS R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www orrellparkmotorcycles com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard Sh... Read more

Relevancy 67.94%

My computer is an HP Pavilion a f running Windows Vista Home Edition that I ve had since new years ago During the past week or 2010 Outlook in MS Email Office Unable to Send/Receive so I ve had trouble with my Office Outlook email program in the MS Office suite When I open it and click on an email I d get the Not Responding notation next to the program name in the top part of the window To correct this I ve used the repair function on the cd and the scanpst file in Program File Microsoft Office Office This seems to work for a while but the Not Responding message has still appeared Concerned that I might lose my two email data files for Office Outlook I exported them to a flash drive Unable to Send/Receive Email in MS Office Outlook 2010 where I incorporated them into one file named Outlook Data File pst After I d repaired the program I imported this file and have my data but am now unable to send receive emails using the program I can send receive emails via the Internet but prefer Office Outlook When I try Send Receive on Office Outlook I get the error message x F which talks about synchronization of an offline address book with Exchange Servers or link here http support microsoft com kb I contacted my ISP Unable to Send/Receive Email in MS Office Outlook 2010 and the techie helped me to ensure that I had a functioning email address but was unable to remedy the problem because it s a Microsoft program which the ISP doesn t support but does support Office I d be grateful for any advice that will correct this problem nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

Hi all,

I am using outlook 2010, windows 8 on an Asus UX32A latop. I have an intermittent problem in that, when I go abroad, from some wireless networks (hotels or otherwise) I can send emails and others (increasingly more often), I cant. I have searched the web and this seems to be a common problem with port 25  (outgoing server - SMTP)  blocking being frequently identified as the culprit. However, I have tried a number of alternative ports to 25, but thus far to no avail.

If anyone out there has any ideas I would greatly appreciate them!

Cheers,

Susie

A:Outlook 2010, can receive but not send email abroad - intermittent problem

You would have to check with your email service provider to see if they have alternative mail servers and alternative ports available. If their mail servers are configured to use only port 25, then check to see if you can access your email using a web browser, as ports 80 and 443 are almost never blocked. It's not as convenient as Outlook, but at least it will work.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548680/outlook-2010-can-receive-but-not-send-email-abroad-intermittent-problem/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello I originally posted this question on November in the Email section and in spite 2003 used Outlook 2003 email for Word as editor of many views there were no replies That is when I thought I might be going about asking the question the wrong way Windows XP - SP Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook I use Word as my email editor for Outlook Word 2003 used as email editor for Outlook 2003 I had had a problem or two awhile back and I used the Detect and Repair Function that comes with Outlook Problems cleared up HOWEVER I got a new and IMHO worse problem my emails that are advertisements like Newegg TigerDirect Overstock etc are fine but anything else that is actually text that is sent to me comes in very very small and I can not find a way to change it I have looked everywhere in Outlook Microsoft online and Google Sample attached I can t find it and it is driving me crazy If anyone could help I d sincerely appreciate it Thank you for your time nbsp

A:Word 2003 used as email editor for Outlook 2003

Hi and welcome to TSG.

From the main Outlook Mail screen, try ...

Tools ->
Options ->
Mail Format Tab ->
"Fonts ..." button in Stationery and Fonts section ->
"Choose Font ..." button under "When composing and reading plain text"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2003-used-as-email-editor-for-outlook-2003.961599/
Relevancy 67.08%

This appears to be a common problem, with many solutions, though I have yet to find one that works for me. When using Outlook 2003 with Word 2003 set to be the email editor, Word opens and works fine to CREATE a new email. However, when trying to REPLY TO or FORWARD an email, I get the error message "Microsoft Word is set to be your email editor. However, Word is unavailable, not installed, or is not the same version as Outlook. The outlook email editor will be used instead...," and when I click OK to that message the native Outlook email editor opens. Word 2003 worked fine with Outlook 2003 replying to or forwarding emails till this morning, but the behavior described above now applies. The OS, by the way, is Windows 10. I have tried to both "repair" and "reinstall" the 2003 Office 2003 suite, both to no avail. Would appreciate a much needed solution to this puzzle.

Relevancy 66.65%

I will be out of my office for several weeks and although I will be able to leave Outlook running most of the time, I won't be able to access email, so I want to use an out of office message. However, I have never tried this using pop3 email and I can't figure out how to do this. I have looked at help inside of Outlook, but I can't seem to save my message as an Outlook template.

If anyone could set me up with some instructions I would appreciate it.

Thanks, Delta

Relevancy 64.93%

I had a Windows XP corruption to my system folder wherein I had to reinstall my operating system and "wipe out" my harddrive.

I have my entire "old" harddrive with all settings, files, etc. on it, and now my computer is up and running with Windows Vista Business.

I have successfully added my old PST file to the new OS and it works, however how can I get my Outlook 2003 rules, email accounts, etc? I'm not able to "export" as I cannot run the old Outlook program?...

Are these files located somewhere that I can manually add them (replace, whatever) to the new Vista OS/hard drive?

Thanks in advance...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-rules-email-accts-settings-from-outlook-2003-to-outlook-07.638548/
Relevancy 63.21%

OK... well I thought I had it covered but.... I copied the pst file from 2003 and tried to open in 2007. I recently read somewhere that you have to copy the pst when Outlook is closed. I did not close Outlook and copied the file while Outlook was open. Anyway to rescue these Emails? The old drive is toast so I can't do that. The pst file is 79mg so I suspect the info is there. Any thoughts? Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-email-to-outlook-2007.941577/
Relevancy 63.21%

I know that 07 Word saves files in a .docx file that is not usable by the 97-03 Word and same goes for PowerPoint and Excell. My question is does this occur with Outlook 2007 also? I have a friend who said that he can't read my Outlook 2007 email to him (he uses the older version of outlook). Is there a way to change it so that I can send 2007 Outlook emails to people with the 97-03 versions?

Relevancy 62.35%

Just started to set up Outlook. Have entered two email addresses. Mine and my wife.
Imported addresses & folders from OE. Some folders have different names in each email address. Everything from my email folders has been duplicated under wife (she had no files) where the folders are the same name ie inbox, deleted files, etc . When a new email arrives it goes to both. When I delete, it deletes from both. Suggestions please.

A:outlook 2003 - email

Have you set up two completely different Profiles with completely different data files in Outlook?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-email.430011/
Relevancy 62.35%

I just starte using Outlook 2003.
I have a Yahoo and a Hotmail email account.
When I send a message to myself at either address, the email only goes to the Outbox and some time later I get messages such as:

< Task 'Yahoo - Sending' reported error (0x80004005) : 'Outlook's request to the server failed.
The server responded ''. ' >

What may be wrong? What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks in advance for all help offered.

Amarysio