Windows Support Forum

Connected to a wired network but I have no internet...please help

Q: Connected to a wired network but I have no internet...please help

Hello So I am working over seas in china for the year I was able to connect to the internet through an ethernet cable for the last few weeks When I first connected I internet...please wired no have Connected but I a to help network was connected to quot Network quot and everything was fine Now however whenever I plug in my ethernet cord I am only able to connect to quot Network quot When I connected to quot Network quot I do not have internet connection It says quot No Network Access quot I ran into this problem a few weeks Connected to a wired network but I have no internet...please help ago and was only able to fix it by doing a factory reset on my computer I really don t want to keep having to do this every Connected to a wired network but I have no internet...please help weeks Does anyone know what is going on I have uninstalled my anti virus and I don t think a firewall is blocking my connection I have tried connecting my ethernet cable in different locations and I get the same result I have a RealTek PCIe Family Controller LAC In my adapter settings menu this is labeled as quot Local Area Connection quot For some reason I also have a quot Local Area Connection quot This is a Intel reg Centrino reg WiMAX Should I have two LACs If you need any more info please let me know Thanks a bunch

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/419561/connected-to-a-wired-network-but-i-have-no-internetplease-help/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Connected to a wired network but I have no internet...please help

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 71.81%

I have bought a cheap wireless router for home-use. Since I still need wired connection for my main PC, I have connected an additional lan cable to the router and the PC. I'd like to know if there is any degrade in terms of the signal (e.g. speed, quality etc...) that comes out from the router? If it's likely, I 'll take away the router when downloading big files or playing games with my PC

A:any degrade of the wired network connected to a router?

It makes no difference unless its s very low speck one the only thing is if you have two things connected they both take bandwidth

http://www.pchelpforum.com/network-help/124032-any-degrade-wired-network-connected-router.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello I have a lenovo laptop z m with Win XP Up until weeks ago I was using wireless to connect to the internet using the laptop's own wireless network adapter I started to have some problems with it connecting and even got several blue screens Hardware NMI memory parity error I rebooted but still was connecting less then of the time Assuming that the adapter was failing I disabled it and starting using the wire to connect With the wire I can initially get to the internet but stay connected for maybe minutes The laptop completely locks up no response to anything I do and the internet connection drops The only way to recover is to do a hard reboot then it all starts over again I also noticed the the network controller in System still Wired can't - connection internet stay to connected Devices has a yellow question mark I just can't stay connected even though I've got Wired connection - still can't stay connected to internet the wired connection Can someone help me out Thank you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/304688/wired-connection-still-cant-stay-connected-to-internet/
Relevancy 69.23%

I am the proud owner of a new laptop Yay I have an interesting and confounding problem Plugged in my new laptop acer TZ Window bit Home Premium at home recognized wireless logged on and promptly downloaded MB of updates I also have a gigabit wired network and thought I would use that to watch a movie online No connection over wired network Joined my home workgroup this took several days wirelessly but no connection wired Took my laptop to work and it sees wireless/wired not access internet but Connected and connects to my wireless but no internet connection Plug in the wired and it immediately connects to the network and internet Disabled windows and McAfee firewalls to no avail At home - easy connection Connected but not internet access wireless/wired to wireless and network Nightmare joining home workgroup No wired connectivity At work - plug in wire and connects and sees other computers on the network Sees wireless connects not internet access WTF My other laptops run Linux and have not had anything like this Very frustrating Any ideas nbsp

A:Connected but not internet access wireless/wired

Control panel----Internet options--double click----click connection tab at the top---skip setting and go down to Local area network (LAN) settings-----click the button, LAN settings------
check the box to auto detect settings, then click the OK button.
This should auto configure your providers IP address, and all the other pertinent info for that provider.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connected-but-not-internet-access-wireless-wired.142076/
Relevancy 69.23%

I have an Acer laptop (Windows 7) and SMC router.

The laptop connects to the wireless network but it says 'no internet access'. Troubleshooting nets me the information that "the DNS Server isn't responding".

The laptop can easily connect to the internet via ethernet.
It also connects wirelessly without issue to my phone's hotspot.
I have other computers that connect wirelessly through the SMC router to the internet without issue.
The laptop used to connect to the internet wirelessly through this same router. I did not use the laptop for a couple of weeks and when I fired it up again the wireless would not go to the internet.

To recap, there is nothing wrong with the wireless adapter on the laptop. The router's wireless network is fine and dandy.

So how can I get the laptop to understand the wireless signal is fine so connect to the internet already?

A:Connected but no internet (wireless - wired is fine)

A friend who reads my online journal, suggested winsockfix. My laptop is 64-bit and winsockfix complained loudly that it did not work at 64-bit. I tapped the options anyway and soon it said to reboot and when I did, all was magically fixed!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/137507-connected-but-no-internet-wireless-wired-fine.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi guys, i recently had to diconnect my Pc from the internet due to a room getting done up, so today i re connected every thing in my wireless network and it seems my wireless laptop works and the pc doesn't ???? any ideas

I have a netgear router.

Relevancy 68.37%

i have a windowx xp laptop, i plug it into a router and says the status is connected but no internet access. please help. thanks!

A:wired internet is connected but no access to internet

and welcome to the Forum

Did this pc ever connect to the new with this connection? Please post a list of all networking equiment . . Modem, Router, anything else conncected to the newtork.

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then:

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found here's how.

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type type the following command: IPCONFIG /ALL

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter. Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wired-internet-is-connected-but-no-access-to-internet-604449.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello I am brand new to this site and in DESPERATE NEED OF YOUR HELP Here s my current issue This has been going on for about a month now My internet speed on my wired ethernet desktop computer have been extremely slow Webpages would take forever to load When trying to run a speedtest on speedtest net the page would not even load but would run fine on tablets and mobile phone I even tried disconnecting my desktop and plugging the same ethernet cord into my laptop and it runs perfectly fine getting around mb down what I m suppose to get I ve ran virus scan and everything checks out clean I also checked and updated the network adapters I even saw on another forum something about an AMD Quick Stream but I don t believe I have this on my computer I ve also delt with ISP AT amp T Uverse and they already replaced my router twice but still have not solved the problem I m getting an upgraded router next week to support mb download and technician will be out here to install new wires and among other things they claim this should fix the problem as the upgrade will be like a brand new install Just an FYI I m not that technical so please be very detailed when giving your instructions suggestions Please let me know if other information is needed too address the problem Thanks in advance for your help This is really my last resort Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows connected on only when wired is desktop...normal Internet slow laptop Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard DELL Inc X H Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Internet only slow on wired desktop...normal when laptop is connected

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-only-slow-on-wired-desktop-normal-when-laptop-is-connected.1146831/
Relevancy 67.51%

Lightening fried my Linksys, so I got an Ativa router because it was fairly cheap and had decent reviews where I bought it from.

Hooked it up to my cable modem, and the local network will show, but I can't get internet access on my desktop (wired) or my laptop (wired or wireless), When I hook the ethernet directly from my modem to my desktop or my laptop it works, but when I put the router on it, the internet will work for 1-2 minutes and then drops connection.

The desktop is running XP SP2, laptop is running Vista Home Premium.

Relevancy 67.51%

Alright so this is my dilemma I am connected to the internet through a wired connection I am also setting up a wireless printing network Here is the problem whenever I connect to the wireless router so that I can share my printer I cannot browse on the internet The vista network logo on the toolbar also loses the quot earth quot in the symbol but yet says that I am connected to local and internet Now what really confuses me is that I can still use AIM but yet both firefox and IE does not connect to the internet As soon as I disconnect from the Wireless network my internet comes right back the Solved: internet separate to Cannot when WiFi wired browse a connected I have searched for hours on this and could not find much other than changing my metric setting which also didn t change anything I believe it is a vista setting because others with Solved: Cannot browse the internet wired when connected to a separate WiFi the same basic setup except for the fact that they have XP can still connect to the WiFi and browse the internet through the LAN Here is a link to a screenshot of my computer specs http img imageshack us my php image specsht jpg And here are my IPCONFIG results when connected to both Wired and Wireless Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users schmiddj gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name schmiddj-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific Solved: Cannot browse the internet wired when connected to a separate WiFi DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Solved: Cannot browse the internet wired when connected to a separate WiFi Area Network Physical Address - - - C- -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - - C- -CB-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b c f ca Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Mittwoch November Lease Expires Sonntag Dezember Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R MM Gigabit Network Connecti on Physical Address - F- - C-A - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d ac b e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d c a ca df f fdfc Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe df f fdfc Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap DDD A -AABE- -BD - C F C br AC Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users schmiddj gt Any help is much appreciated thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Cannot browse the internet wired when connected to a separate WiFi

The direct solution to your problem is to assign a static IP address (make sure it is outside the wireless router Dhcp server's address range) and mask, leaving the Gateway and DNS blank.

Windows XP defaults to the wired connection when multiple Gateways are specified, which may explain why the other PCs do not have the same problem.

There is a reason why you need to use two different networks?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-browse-the-internet-wired-when-connected-to-a-separate-wifi.766271/
Relevancy 66.22%

I thought i was reasonably PC savvy but after reading some of these posts I realise that I have no idea network connected Solved: internet but to Vista wireless connected not - please be gentle I am living in a boarding hostel which has Solved: Vista connected to wireless network but internet not connected a wireless network via Mac Airports which I have connected to - it says that the signal strength is good though it does appear to fluctuate This wireless connection uses a proxy server to connect to the internet so that they have some control over what the students can see My problem is that I can connect to the network but not always to the internet using firefox the internet seems to cut in and out and if it is connected it runs VERY slowly and most often Solved: Vista connected to wireless network but internet not connected times out even when opening something simple like google com What I need to know is how can I tell if this is a PC issue or network issue I Solved: Vista connected to wireless network but internet not connected ran the intel PROset diagnostics tool and it says that the ping test failed no response default gateway DHCP server Some things that I ve tried other computers seem to work fine on the network disabled windows firewall talked to the techs but since they re mac users they weren t familiar with vista and therefire not too much help Ideas on what to do please nbsp

A:Solved: Vista connected to wireless network but internet not connected

got it sorted now) It appears that even though my PC said the signal was strong enough, it wasn't (Vista must need a very stong and consistent wireless connection) After some searching I found that one of the airports in the building had been switched off and even though it was the furthest from my room, it made a big difference when activated...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-connected-to-wireless-network-but-internet-not-connected.726479/
Relevancy 64.5%

I have lots of network choices for my laptop. I used my neighbor's network for the meantime. The signal is good but not as perfect as the old one I'm using here. Everytime I turned my pc on it connects me straight to my old wireless connection. The PRIVATE-PC on the network setting said connecte to it. But the globe grafix(internet) is not connected. But with other network I can get through. But not this one.I'm using vista home premium. Pls help.

A:Laptop is connected to network but can not get connected to the internet

please do not duplicate posts
continue here
http://forums.techguy.org/networking/879485-laptop-connected-network-but-can.html
where you have a reply
closing this one

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-is-connected-to-network-but-can-not-get-connected-to-the-internet.879487/
Relevancy 64.5%

I have lots of network choices for my laptop. I used my neighbor's network for the meantime. The signal is good but not as perfect as the old one I'm using here. Everytime I turned my pc on it connects me straight to my old wireless connection. The PRIVATE-PC on the network setting said connecte to it. But the globe grafix(internet) is not connected. But with other network I can get through. But not this one. Pls help.

A:Laptop is connected to network but can not get connected to the internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-is-connected-to-network-but-can-not-get-connected-to-the-internet.879485/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello I am new to this forum I need some help configuring a network for a future hotspot plan Pardon my verbose as my exact situation needs a lot of description and some explanation Internet W 4G hotspot network mode to Help second serving Internet wired with Solved: I plan to get a Samsung SCH-LC via USCellular for Internet service for both my daily on-site use of my computer and at home for gaming etc Presently we have Wildblue ViaSat satellite Solved: Help with 4G hotspot Internet serving to wired network W second Internet mode Internet connected to a D-Link DGL- Gigabit Ethernet LAN modem Unfortunately satellite Internet has a lot of quot lag quot ping time near ms so it can not be used for multiplayer gaming and there is always a second or more delay when we click on stuff in web browsers Some particular web sites take an excruciating amount of time to load a page especially https and all those sites that require access to multiple sites in order to load and it is getting worse as the pages get more complicated Whats more when I upload things to my company website that I administrate myself it is also excruciatingly slow as our upload speed is much less than download We have a plan that allows for GB mo download and we currently are at used Big files download pretty fast getting almost KB sec but uploads are lt KB sec The US Cellular hotspot offers and GB mo download limits and is the max affordable for me overages are nearly the same price GB anyway It uses the Samsung SCH-LC unit I have network printers a Tivo continuously wired computers one Asus Zenbook W wi-fi that I hook up to the Ethernet when home a NAS for company data backup NOT a Windows Home Server and one quot tablet that currently uses a D-Link DIR- router g n u hooked up to the LAN Ethernet too And of course the satellite Internet modem All these run through the D-Link DGL- and a couple of multi-port dumb switches The question is can I hook up the Samsung SCH-LC behind an Ethernet firewall router my D-Link DGL- along W the Satellite modem so both will supply the Internet connection one at a time I have no problem with turning one or the other off so that only one will supply Internet The thing is I am not sure how to set up a wi-fi receiver behind the D-Link DGL- firewall to supply the entire LAN The D-Link DIR- router is set up to serve as an Internet connection for wilreless not to receive one via wireless to serve the LAN I am not adverse to setting up one computer as an Internet server for it perhaps adding a network card for a second Ethernet port but I just don t know if that s the best plan The topology would change when I didn t have the Samsung hotspot meaning at that point the system would have to get the Internet from the satellite modem If I set up one of my computers to do that then said couputer would have to have the Internet connections manually changed in order to get the Internet from the modem PITA What s more I would have to leave said computer on to get the US Cellular hotspot Eventually I want to cancel the satellite Internet altogether I have mos left on my contract and it will cost the same if I cancel right now and what s more I am unsure if the US Cellular hotspot reception will be good enough in my exact location I am out in the boondocks but the coverage map shows my spot to be quot very good quot with quot good quot just a couple hundred yards away We have problems W trees and the wet leaves and snow in the wintertime as evident by the TV signal reception problems we cannot get cable so I need to test the reception - for many months - before relying on the US Cellular hotspot permanently I use this for my business so reliability is crucial Here is a link to the US Cellular device page http www uscellular com mobile-hotspots index html nbsp

A:Solved: Help with 4G hotspot Internet serving to wired network W second Internet mode

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-with-4g-hotspot-internet-serving-to-wired-network-w-second-internet-mode.1073971/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have Internet Serviec throug At amp t its not wireless Originally when i got the internet i Network Not Internet Connected, Connected Had a desktop computer that it was set up on Since then I have aquired an Xbox and ASUS Notebook I went and bout a wireless Belkin Router so i could connect all three A month or so later the desktop computer which was about yrs old and had no virus protection DIED I just unconnected it from the wall now the modem AT amp T is connected to the wall phone jack the Xbox is conected by and HD connection cable to Belkin Router and My laptop is wirelessly connected we have had good connection for about months to a year Recently i have been having problems with connection and speed Ill be online connected and when clicking on say another web page it gives me the Error page where it states not Network Connected, Internet Not Connected connected to internet and has the option to quot Diagnose connection problems quot when I diagnosed it it states quot there may be a problem with your domain Server Connection name DNS quot Ive tried doing some reasearch since usually i can fix minor computer issues alone but im at a loss here The connection has been disrupted on the Xbox as well of which it states to shut down te router for sec and restarts works but keeps happening nbsp

A:Network Connected, Internet Not Connected

Well, since both machines are experiencing issues, my guess is you have modem or ISP issues. Do this with a wired connection from the laptop to eliminate wireless issues.

Register at DSLReports and run their Line Quality Tests. It's best to run this test with a direct wired connection to eliminate any wireless issues from the results. It's useful many times to run this test several times, and we'd like to see each of the results. Post the results link from the top of the test display page for each test run here.

The link to post is near the top of the page and looks like:

If you wish to post this result to a forum, please copy/paste this URL
http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2357195 <- sample only, yours will obviously be different!
and your IP will be disguised.

Copy/paste that link here.

Note: You will have to enable PING (ICMP) request response either in your router (if you have one), or in your computer's firewall for direct modem connections. This is very important to get the most important part of the test to run.
DSLReports

Here's also the Line Quality Tests FAQ to help you understand the results. This will answer some questions about the line quality display.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connected-internet-not-connected.958142/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi all, thought this is the best place to ask...

Is there a way to plug my computer into my LAN and have access to my home network but avoid using its internet access altogether? So that I can use a separate wireless network for internet?

A:Wireless Internet, Wired Network...

Quote: Originally Posted by dragotron

Hi all, thought this is the best place to ask...

Is there a way to plug my computer into my LAN and have access to my home network but avoid using its internet access altogether? So that I can use a separate wireless network for internet?

You could consider a "Virtual Private Network"?

Cheers!
Robert

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/43585-wireless-internet-wired-network.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello All,

I have a link sys router and cable modem, two separate units. I have 3 PCs plugged into the Ethernet ports. One PC says it is connected to the network but there is no Internet Gateway. The other PCs do have this. How do I get the thrid PC to be able to access the internet?

Thanks in advance

RDGM

Relevancy 61.92%

Hey guys,
All wireless machines can get wireless internet access, but I cannot get the network functional for file or printer sharing. Here is how it is connected.

DSL modem ---to---Linsys WRT54GS router ---to desktop with windows 2000 (by ethernet cable).

All other machines in the house are wireless and can get full internet access no problem. However, I cannot get them networked to be able to see each other and share files, and I would like to share the printer as well. The other devices are running XP.

Any help or direction you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

wardriod.

A:wireless/wired - internet yes, network no go.

This should help you out or start you in the right direction: http://www.homenethelp.com/web/howto/net-update.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-wired-internet-yes-network-no-go.582653/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi I use two computers one with the Internet connection and the other computer connects to this computer to get its Internet connection as well The connection has been working for a couple of days and now its just messed up and the SP2) on (XP Internet wired won't work network second computer can t get its Internet access though it can connect Internet on wired network won't work (XP SP2) to the network I also don t understand why there is a lease obtained and lease expires part as well Thanks for your help -------------------------------------------------------------------------- this is the settings for the computer with the internet connection -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Windows IP Configuration Host Name k-slue d yebd Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled Yes WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description SiS -Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter Physical Address - - F- -E - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway PPP adapter UK Online Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description WAN PPP SLIP Interface Physical Address - - - - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled ---------------------------------------------------------------- this is for the computer without the internet connection ---------------------------------------------------------------- Windows IP Configuration Host Name r-u dvfevpcg b Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List mshome net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix mshome net Description Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - - F- -F - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained February Lease Expires February nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

I have been through every forum I can find trying to get this one last machine of mine on the web I can see all the network machines no - but Static Internet Network IP Wired, shared folders etc but can not get on the net It is an XP pro SP It has a wired connection to the same switch the other computers that work are wired to It has a static IP address with the same gateway and DNS as the other machines It also has a good IP address that is not being used by anyone else on the network HELP I m tearing my eyes out with a small salad fork ip sub gateway the DHCP router connected to the switch DNS When I go and loook at the properties of the connection it shows Network but no Internet - Wired, Static IP packets being sent and received but still no internet I can not Ping anything but itself I know it s something small but I am in utter confusion and dismay I have tried the quot netsh winsock reset quot trick I have tried the WinsockxpFix download and even tried a different NIC but to no avail Help I will be dead from confusion soon nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

Win 7 Ultimate 64bit, dual ssd's (120g) in raid. Connected to router, router connected to modem.
When I put curser on network icon it says "no connections available" I checked for drivers and they are fine. Both device (onboard) and drivers are fine. I removed and re-installed drivers, but same. i can connect to internet and surf fine, but some programs i have will not launch simply because i believe it detects first if i am on network or not and since windows cant detect network, these programs wont launch. I have already flashed the bios, re-installed chipset and changed net cable. I also bypassed the router straight to moden. When i try to run win network troubleshooter, it says the same "no network to troubleshoot".
Dont know wat else, any thoughts?

A:Win 7 cannot detect wired network on pc, but internet can be used

Quote: Originally Posted by cornerblue

Win 7 Ultimate 64bit, dual ssd's (120g) in raid. Connected to router, router connected to modem.
When I put curser on network icon it says "no connections available" I checked for drivers and they are fine. Both device (onboard) and drivers are fine. I removed and re-installed drivers, but same. i can connect to internet and surf fine, but some programs i have will not launch simply because i believe it detects first if i am on network or not and since windows cant detect network, these programs wont launch. I have already flashed the bios, re-installed chipset and changed net cable. I also bypassed the router straight to moden. When i try to run win network troubleshooter, it says the same "no network to troubleshoot".
Dont know wat else, any thoughts?

If you can post a screen shot of the ipconfig/all from this machine it would be most helpful.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/255452-win-7-cannot-detect-wired-network-pc-but-internet-can-used.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I'm using a pc with a wireless adapter to surf on a friends wireless network. I have 2 pc at home, connected the a wired network, sharing files. Is it possible to share the wireless internet with the pc thats connected through a ethernet router to the wireless pc? I would like to do this until I get a wireless adpter for the other pc.

Relevancy 61.06%

Hi all network connect Internet while local(wired) on to Can't I have a laptop on which the OS installed is Windows XP This laptop is in a local network wired network and Can't connect to local(wired) network while on Internet is also in a wireless network and we Can't connect to local(wired) network while on Internet access Internet with the wirelesss network The problem is that when I access Internet I can t connect to the local network i e when I ping a machine Can't connect to local(wired) network while on Internet which is in the local network the ping does not succeed How can I do to be able to access to local network while surfing on Internet I provide the following details about the local network and the wireless network The machines on the local network are connected by switches and there is a Windows Server window controller on this network My laptop is configured to obtain its Ip adress on the local network by DHCP My laptop is also configured to obtain its Ip adress on the wireless network there is a wireless router by DHCP I can access Internet only by wireless network I can not access it by local network Thanks Thanks you in advance for your answers nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-local-wired-network-while-on-internet.903237/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a really strange situation today that started after I had to reboot our UTM device and then switch We have a wired network although our modem router is also wireless if needed We don t use the wireless normally After rebooting the UTM and Switch all computers were turned back on again one by one of the were up and running and on the network and internet straight away One PC connected to the LAN but cannot get internet access Our DHCP server is on the UTM Internet (Win7) Network Wired Computer no has on One device and each computer has it s IP address reserved This computer had reserved and it still has that IP address when I do ipconfig It can access all the files on our NAS and all the printers on the network I ran all the ipconfig commands to One Computer on Wired Network has no Internet (Win7) release renew One Computer on Wired Network has no Internet (Win7) flushdns I reset winsock and rebooted Still no internet I did a print screen off one of the PCs that is working properly and compared it Apart from the MAC address and other PC specific items I could see no difference So I put a wireless dongle on it to see if it would connect the the internet on wireless It worked I had internet but no LAN other than to the wireless router So I thought there must be a problem with the NIC I went to the local PC store and bought a new NIC card and installed it I disabled the old one and connected the network cable to the new one No difference If I enable the NIC card I have LAN but no internet if I enable the wireless dongle I have internet but no LAN I need both I cannot figure out what has changed on this ONE PC that was working fine until today Oh one other thing I tried that didn t work I connected a brand new Ethernet cable directly from the modem router to the PC So this bypassed the UTM device and Switch Still no wired internet nbsp

A:One Computer on Wired Network has no Internet (Win7)

Try these

ping 8.8.8.8
nslookup google.com
ping techspot.com
(1) shows packets going to google's dns
(2) shows you can convert name to ip address
(3) shows access to our site

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/one-computer-on-wired-network-has-no-internet-win7.193364/
Relevancy 60.63%

So i have a Linksys WRT110 when connected to it both wireless and wired i get "local only" both times. can anyone help me out?

A:Connected to Wireless router both wireless and wired no internet

Hi -

Is the system new?
Do you have an Internet Security app installed, e.g., NIS, N360, KIS, McAfee, etc. . .?

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/connected-to-wireless-router-both-wireless-and-wired-no-internet-496598.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I was wondering if it's possible to connect to the internet with an iPod Touch wirelessly using a wired network. I was thinking that maybe you could plug something into the usb slot on the pc and then it could send out signals so my iPod touch could connect to the internet wirelessly. Is this possible?

Relevancy 60.63%

Please Help Urgently!!!! - problem connecting to Internet through wired network?
2 computers on our network (7 computers in total) were connecting to internet with no problem until today. We are now unable to connect & have tried the various repair options. They both have different operating systems ( XP Pro & Vista Home Basic) but the same problem. All other computers are connecting fine so I don't think that it is a problem with the router. The only thing that I can think of that has changed was that I was in Network Connections & clicked on the following option at the side of the screen "Removes icons for UPnP devices located on network & closes associated firewall ports" Please help as I only have very basic knowledge and these people desparately need to get back online for work reasons!!!
PLEASE HELP ME!!!

A:Please Help Urgently!!!! - problem connecting to Internet through wired network?

Please help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/please-help-urgently-problem-connecting-to-internet-through-wired-network-198242.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi Everyone Im haveing some serious issues with trying to connect my laptop to the internet Im hopeing someone would be abe to find a solution for me below is provided my ipconfig what it said when i tried ipconfig renew and when i pinged the ip address if you need me to post more information im more than happy to I bought a brand new Asus model laptop last month and have been using it perfectly with no interent issuesd at all until about a week ago when all of a sudden it stopped working when I try to connect to a network It says connected and internet access but whenever i try and access the internet through all three browsers i have through steam utorrent even mulitplayer games it just doesnt work Whether its connected wirlessly or directly with the ethernet cable ive tried my home internet neighbours universitys but they all network and wireless No both wired through laptop access to any Internet connect fine just no internet Can someone please be able to help me out also i tried the No Internet access through both wired and wireless to any network laptop winsock fix and also tried rolling back my last wireless update or whatever its called with no fix to the problem PLEASE HELP ME btw it says when im connected connected internet access which is really weird also bluetooth works fine i can connect my wireless headset and listen to music through it Also I just booted and ran Ubuntu off my USB to see No Internet access through both wired and wireless to any network laptop if its a hardware error and Ubuntu ran the internet fine was able to browse the web and everything through ubuntu so its clearly a windows problem When I performed ipconfig Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Dario gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe c c d b e IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap C C E E -DC - -B D-D C A FFF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap C - E- -B EC- E B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap F EF C- E- CC- EE-E B BAADEE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap D DCC - - D -BB -C CF FB C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C Users Dario gt When I performed ipconfig renew Windows IP Configuration No operation can be performed on Wireless Network Connection while it has its media disconnected No operation can be performed on Bluetooth Network Connection while it has its media disconnected No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media disconnected Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe c c d b e IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap C C E E -DC - -B D-D C A FFF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap C - E- -B EC- E B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel ad... Read more

A:No Internet access through both wired and wireless to any network laptop

Hi, can u try using IP fix!!! if doesn't working try to disable your firewall.

and restart your computer!!! if still not working that's mean something wrong with your OS!!!

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-internet-access-through-both-wired-and-wireless-to-any-network-laptop.165147/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi all,

So I have two internet connections.

The wireless is one I share with my roommates and is fast. The wired NIC connects to a router which has slower internet. The reason I connect to the wired router is so my PC can talk to a linux machine, which I use for some data downloading/analysis.

I want to disable internet from the wired connection but keep the ability to talk to other machines on the wired network. I just changed the IPv4 settings and deleted the DNS server information. Is this the best way to do so? I want the wireless to provide internet.

Thanks!

A:Disable internet on wired connection but still see network computers

As long as both your wireless and ethernet adapters remain enabled, that seems like a fine solution. So does it work?

Cheers,

Walker
Windows Outreach Team

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/91805-disable-internet-wired-connection-but-still-see-network-computers.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello , I am new here and I'm also new to Vista so please bear with me. I recently installed Vista Ultimate x64 and when I tried to set-up my Home Network with Internet i bumped on a "Unidentified Network" message. The network settings and map are like this : Internet -> Broadband Modem -> PC ethernet card 1 ( IPv4 - automatically assigned by DHCP, internet connection shared ) -> PC ethernet card 2 (IPv4 - 192.168.1.1 , no gateway , same DNS as IP ) -> Switch -> My other 2 PCs at home ( IPv4 , 192.168.1.2-3, Gateway: 192.168.1.1 , DNS: 192.168.1.1 ) . This are the settings i was using prior to installing Vista when i was still running Windows XP, and they were working fine. Does anyone knows what am i doing wrong and how can i get rid of the "Unidentified Network" message? Any help would be appreciated.
Also, i am running Windows XP on my other 2 PCs.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/170644-problem-setting-up-wired-home-network-internet.html
Relevancy 60.63%

OBJECTIVE:
Currently running a wireless network but I have 2 desktops downstairs that need WIRED internet. I don't want to have to buy 2 wireless cards to connect both machines to the internet AND network (I also need to transfer larger files since we work with heavy graphics).

SETUP:
Both have Gb network cards installed.
- One is a server, running on windows 2003 server
- The other is a regular desktop running win xp pro sp2
I was thinking of purchasing a wireless access point router or bridge that has about 4 ports (in case I add 2 more machines). Would be great too if I can use this same system to upgrade our bluray player =)

Currently, the cable modem is attached to a belkin wireless pre-n router [F5D8230-4] here's link: http://is.gd/mleI

Can someone help?

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi No Unidentified Network; LAN/Wired Connection Area Internet - Local Guys I have been experiencing this issue since days ago year on and was having no problems I am currently using a LAN/Wired Local Area Connection - Unidentified Network; No Internet Dell Studio XPS Windows -bit I am able to connect to the internet via wifi however to no avail with my LAN connection I have tried the basic stuff like changing LAN cables testing connection with other Windows Vista XP laptops and they worked except for mine I have tried methods posted online such as the netsh winsock reset disabling IPv setting static IP for IPv etc However none has worked for me Below is my ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Christopher Koh gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name ChristopherKoh Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List nus edu sg mshome net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix nus edu sg Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - - -F -C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ed ea c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday September AM Lease Expires Friday September AM Default Gateway fe d c cf f d fe b c b e bf fe e d aa DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A - F- E- - - -F -C - DNS Servers Primary WINS Server Secondary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix nus edu sg Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -FB- B- -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a b be f a e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday September AM Lease Expires Friday September AM Default Gateway fe e af bf a a fe d a c eafd fe b a c b db fe a d d d b fe d ef ef da c DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A - F- E- - - -F -C - DNS Servers fe a c cfe a Primary WINS Server Secondary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Connection-specific DNS Suffix Search List mshome net Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e f a b bfa Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe f a b bfa Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap nus edu sg Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix nus edu sg Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Can anyone help me

A:LAN/Wired Local Area Connection - Unidentified Network; No Internet

You should automatically obtain your ip address, dns, and gateway, unless directed otherwise by your isp.
Did you "power down/power up" your cable modem and wireless router?
Check to make sure you have the latest driver for your network card.
Can you ping an ip address? Can you ping the router? Can you connect to the router?
Do you have to contend with a firewall from the National University of Singapore?
Researching more. Let me know about this...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/113193-lan-wired-local-area-connection-unidentified-network-no-internet.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I am connected wirelessly with internet access according to my computer, but my internet sporadically stops working. Usually happens every 5 minutes or so. However, my Skype always works, even when my browsers and games don't. This has only happened within the last 3 days. Before that, my internet worked perfectly. Please help!

A:Connected to network with internet access but internet isn't working properly

I am assuming something extra is running in the background when you have a browser open, or you play games (I am sure on line games use browsers to operate) have you checked for tool bars? or small programs that where not there before?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-network-with-internet-access-but-internet-isnt-working-properly.1112574/
Relevancy 59.77%

I am connected to my network wirelessly and I have Internet acces (according to the symbol at the bottom right) bu the Internet doesn't work. At the moment it keeps fluctuating between giving me interne and not I am using Skype to tell me if I have Internet ( when it's green I do when it's grey I don't) I have tried many things on forums like obtaining ip automatically or obtaining a fixed ip. I've tried renewing the ip and all this doesnt work. Please help I have exams soon and I really need the Internet to study /:

A:Vista - Connected to network and have Internet acces but internet not working

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-connected-to-network-and-have-internet-acces-but-internet-not-working.1041609/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi there I would really appreciate any suggestions for this I unable internet same wireless get network at help, a working Please wired time to and Solved: have searched the internet high and low for a solution I am running Windows xp pro I work as a video editor and where I work we have a wired network sharing video between the different computers at gbps This is on a static IP I also want to use the internet while I am working by connecting to our wireless internet with a wireless adapter via DHCP My problem is if the video network is running my wireless internet constantly goes down every minutes I have found an interesting way to get it to work again is to switch http and http through proxy connections on and Solved: Please help, unable to get a wired network and wireless internet working at same time off until it comes back But after a year of doing this every minutes I AM GETTING REALLY TIRED OF IT Is there any way for me to get these networks working happily at the same time I have read about setting up static ip and dhcp at the same time but when I type in ipconfig all my settings say I am already seem to be running a static ip and dhcp with the wireless wouter Or maybe the sheer volume of the video network will always squeeze out the internet while it is running I am reasonably intelligent and computer literate but no expert any help would be greatly appreciated many thanks Here is my ipconfig all Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings avidcapture gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Capture Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO MT Network Connect ion Physical Address - - -AE- - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe ff feae Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff Primary WINS Server Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description ASUS USB Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - -F - - -CC Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe f ff fe cc Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff Lease Obtained March Lease Expires March Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe f Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address A- - - A Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe efe Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address C -A - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe efe Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Documents and Settings avidcapture gt nbsp

A:Solved: Please help, unable to get a wired network and wireless internet working at same time

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-please-help-unable-to-get-a-wired-network-and-wireless-internet-working-at-same-time.691805/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi all I have been asked to try and to but Connected no internet Network sort out a computer Originally it would not connect to the wireless network at all but i reset the Connected to Network but no internet router and deleted the profile on the computer and so i had to re enter the wep key for the network This made it so Connected to Network but no internet the computer says it is connected to the network but it does not have the internet I am not that it is actually connected to the network It is a windows vista media center computer and the network is using a netgear wireless router provided by Sky Broadband It is version router the white one Other computers are able to connect to the network and the internet with no problem I have changed the network channel from to but this made no difference The computer uses a belkin usb wireless adaptor which i thought might be the problem but i tried a different one and this also did not let it get on the internet but said that it was connected Does anybody have any ideas it has stumped me Idealy i would connect an ethernet cable to the computer but this is not an option due to the lay out of the house and the positioning of the router and computer Cheers JPLamb nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

I am in a dorm in NYC with multiple floors. All of the internet access is wireless. On the resident floors, 6-10, I can connect to the network, but not the internet. On any other floor there is no problem. The operating system is Vista.

The IT department hands out IPs, not putting computers in a work group.

I can walk to a floor with internet, connect, and walk the computer back up to the resident floors where the internet will work for a few minutes, then revert to simply the network, no internet.

I do not know and extensive amount regarding networking.

If the problem is a router near my floor, can I choose to connect to another? Other are apparently in range, which is why I can "walk" the internet up, but the computer prefers the one that is closer and may or may not work.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated,
Thank you

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi
Over the last few days it has become impossible for me to connect to the internet on my computer, I get the network show and get a very good signal strength and I am apparently connected but cannot actually do anything such as search the web or do anything that requires internet access, this is the same for the laptop in the house too.
We never had any problems until a few days ago when it jus stopped working randomly, we didnt alter anything so this is very confusing. Our router model is Edimax BR-6216Mg. Any help regarding this would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Relevancy 58.48%

Ok I just reinstalled the OS because of a hard drive crash. Now my computer will connect to the router but not the internet.
Model: Compaq Presario CQ50

ipconfig/all results

Windows IP Configuration

Host name.............................................:BeastCompaq
Primary dns suffix ................................:
Node mode ...........................................:Hybrid
IP routing enabled no
wins proxy enabled. No

Wireless LAN adapter wireless network connection

Connection-specific dns suffix:
Description: atheros ar5007 802.11b/g WiFi Adapter
Physical address: 00-22-69-67-6E-43
Dhcp enabled: Yes
Autoconfiguration enabled: yes
Link-local ipv6 address: fe80::1141:2cf7:7c88:8ac8%11(preferred)
Autoconfiguration ipv4 address: 169.254.138.200(preferred)
Subnet mask: 255.255.0.0
Default gateway:
Dns servers: fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1
fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1
fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1
NetBIOS over Tcpip: enabled

A:Connected to network but no internet

From the results posted its saying you aren't connected to the Route and also do not have a default gateway which is why you can't connect to the internet also. Disable any firewalls and try power cycling everything.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-network-but-no-internet.1041406/
Relevancy 58.48%

I just bought an HP m f desktop PC its a great quick computer that s much better than my old one Both internet! network to but no >:( Connected computers are running windows vista home premium old bit new bit One problem I have an internet Connected to network but no internet! >:( connection through my old computer and would like to share it with a router Connected to network but no internet! >:( to my new computer My router s model is WRT G v with the latest firmware I m not too good with technical jargon but I think I have set up the router correctly using tutorials on the internet My new computer is wireless and can connect to the network but for some reason it will not allow me to connect to the internet I figure it s probably a problem with the Ip addresses or something but I don t know exactly what to do The old PC displays the quot map of the network quot and shows that everything is connected fine but its not Let me know if I need to post any more information I would really appreciate some help Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

I've had a recurring problem with my Vista based desktop machine not connecting to the internet when it boots up. The computer has a wired connection to a Linksys WRT160N router and cable modem. When I start the computer, it often takes several reboots to get an internet connection and sometimes I can't get the internet unless I shut it down and leave it alone for 30 minutes or so. Rebooting the router and modem have no effect. It always gets a good network connection. Once I have the internet connection, it stays connected. Not sure what to check.

A:Connected to Network, but not internet (sometimes)

Hi Joe F,

Welcome to Vista Forums!

First I'd like to try an experiment. Connect directly from the PC to the Modem (bypassing the router if it is possible to do this given the connectors - if not, skip the rest of this and the next paragraph) and then go to Start / Control Panel / Network and Sharing Center / Setup a connection or Network / Connect to the Internet / Broadband / Fill in the necessary information and then click Connect and see if you can connect. If it works, open your browser and verify it works OK. Then Go to start and shutdown the computer.

Now restart the computer. I'm not sure if it will start automatically or not as we really didn't set that up but it might. Go to Start / Connect To and check the available connections. Your local connection should show but be disconnected since we aren't attached to the router. Look at the broadband connection and see if it is connected or not. If not, then select it and click on Connect. Fill in the username and password if it wants it (it may or may not - we didn't configure that either). See if it connects. If so it connected the first time without rebooting. Reboot a couple of times to confirm that you still don't have the same problem. If the connection continues to work, then we know that the problem is with the router setup or the local connection (if the internet goes through it). Whatever happens (if it works or doesn't work), give me all the details in your next post. If it does not work, then go to Start / All Programs / Accessories / Command Prompt and double-click to open it. Type ipconfig /all and enter. Scroll so all the broadband connection information appears and take a screenshot and attach it to your next post. That should help me understand how it is setup and may show me where the problem is.

Reconnect the computer and modem to the router and reboot. Then go to Start / All Programs / Accessories / Command Prompt and double-click to open it. Type ipconfig /all and enter. Scroll so all the local connection information appears and take a screenshot and attach it to your next post. That should help me understand how it is setup and may show me where the problem is. Make sure you name the two screenshots so I'll know which is which and save them as .jpg files before you attach them.

I hope this helps to identify the cause of the problem. Post back if you have any troubles along the way and I'll try to provide better details.

Thanks and good luck!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/284152-connected-network-but-not-internet-sometimes.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have a decent knowledge of setting up networks having set up a few myself and i just can't seem to figure this one out. I'm trying to connect my labtop to my wireless network. It picks up my wireless network and says it is connected however i can not get on the internet.

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix: gateway.2wire.net
Description..........................: Atheros AR5007EG wireless network
Physical Address...................: 00-23-4E-85-39-29
Dhcp Enabled.......................: Yes
Autoconfig Enabled...............: Yes
IP Adresss...........................: 192.168.1.77
Subnet Mask........................: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway...................: 192.168.1.254
DHCP Server........................: 192.168.1.254
DNS Servers........................: 192.168.1.254

I've tried turning both the labtop and the router on/off with no avail. help me plz?

Relevancy 58.48%

Hey guys,

I have setup a spare computer that i have had at home as a small home server.

Now, it's not a normal home server. It's a computer that i has iTunes open all the time and shares the music as a library and then my family can connect via the network and gets songs they would like.

I want it on the network so i can access it, but has no access to the internet.

How can i do this?

Thanks,

Cohen

A:Having it connected to the network but not internet

Are you using wireless for your home network? If so, your network is one that gives all your machine access via WEP/WPA authentication. Once you are able to connect to your wireless network, either all or no machine can connect to the internet (provided you haven't made any filter changes on your router).

If your home uses wired networking, and you want to create a simple network to share files and internet, it's not hard either. There are countless tutorials on how to set up a simple network...consult google.com if you don't mind.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/46876-having-connected-network-but-not-internet.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello,

I have been trying to figure out why my internet is not working. It says there is a connection and I checked to make sure that it is sending and receiving packets, which it is, i checked the network connections under control panel, and everything was fine, then in the cmd, i used some ipconfig commands to flushdns and then renew, and rebooted and still nothing. I have tried to google the issue, but nothing significant has come up. Can anyone help me please?

A:Network is connected, but no internet

There could be multiple issues.....

First, I would reset your router (I am assuming you have one, most people do these days) This usually fixes the issue.

If you do not have a router, then however you are connected, (cable modem or dsl), I suggest you call your ISP to see if there is any outages.

RChase Computer Consulting

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/network-is-connected-but-no-internet-249373.html
Relevancy 58.48%

So I am actually posting on this forum for my g f She has a Dell Inspiron running Vista Home Premium x on a AMD Athlon processor with gb of memory The issue that we have been encountering is simply this Her internet just decided it didn't want to work anymore She was checking her e-mail when the web page said that the internet connection was no longer available We are Connected a at no 100% network internet? but to currently at school so I told her to take it to quot Connected to a network at 100% but no internet? Computing Services quot but they said that there was nothing Connected to a network at 100% but no internet? they could do on their end because the computer was connecting to the server just fine When I look at it I was confused myself According to windows the internet connection is at an excellent signal strength and the networking map goes all the way green to the glob So the internet should work I look over the other forums to see if anyone else had this issue and tried their fixes as well i e turned off TCP IPv and even got rid of AVG and turned off the firewall nothing seems to be working Also to top it off plugging it in hardwire doesn't work either So does anyone have any suggestions or is it safe to assume that her network card is dead

A:Connected to a network at 100% but no internet?

Hello Azurkan,
If I got it right, she is using wifi. If that is the case, it is most probably because even though the wifi network working perfectly, there is a problem with the internet suplier. You can't really do anything in that case, except maybe contact your suplier for information.
Being who I am, I may be completly wrong, but I had my shot at it.

Fire Cat

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/271969-connected-network-100-but-no-internet.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have an old dell that connects to my home network The problem I'm having right now is no internet connectivity what so ever I can not access any web pages via Opera Mozilla Firefox IE or Chrome This came about out of the blue My wife was on the computer at the time accessing a college school web page Browser crashed and then nothing after that Here is the dds log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Sun Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV AVG no but internet connected, network Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled network connected, but no internet Outdated DDD - FF- F- E B- D network connected, but no internet D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system acs exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS system devldr exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Belkin PCI F D Wireless Utility Belkinwcui exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice bin C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C WINDOWS system notepad exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore uURLSearchHooks AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dll mURLSearchHooks AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dll BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c progra yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll BHO SingleInstance Class fdad da - a - fd - c - f ac - c progra yahoo companion installs cpn YTSingleInstance dll TB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c progra yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll TB AVG Security Toolbar ccc a -b ca- -b a - f dd - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dll TB A A -BACC- D - - A E E - No File uRun swg c program files google googletoolbarnotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe uRun Messenger Yahoo quot c program files yahoo messenger YahooMessenger exe quot -quiet uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun Aim quot c program files aim aim exe quot d locale en-US ee aol imApp mRun AVG TRAY c progra avg avg avgtray exe mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime QTTask exe quot -atboottime mRun WinampAgent quot c program files winamp winampa exe quot mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files java jre bin jusched exe quot StartupFolder c docume owner startm programs startup openof lnk - c program files openoffice org program quickstart exe StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup belkin lnk - c program files belkin pci f... Read more

A:network connected, but no internet

check the browser settings,with the correct ip address.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-connected-but-no-internet-432193.html
Relevancy 58.48%

So as the title suggests and as proved by me typing this I am connected to the internet but not to any networks lol when I hover over the connection in the task bar it says identifying internet access When I open network and sharing centre it says I am not connected to any networks and when I look at the network? Connected but to the internet not network Connected to the internet but not network? profiles in advanced sharing it shows guest public as connected anyone else experiencing this I am pretty much tearing my hair out as it appears that it is only my windows machine doing this as I have laptops which are running windows and they are both connected to the network with a home profile and have full network access to each other just not the machine i have no options to change the profile from guest to home on my windows machine as it doesnt show the machine connected to a network argghhhh endless circle any help greatly appreciated as I have tried everything this is me connected to the net my icon

A:Connected to the internet but not network?

This problem keeps coming up but the only solutions I can find are outlined in the link below. It has to do with permissions getting changed on certain registry keys that relate to networking.

Windows 7 states I&#39;m not connected to any networks when in fact I am connected to my wireless network??

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/25290-connected-internet-but-not-network.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hey all,

I just moved into an apartment with wireless shared by the whole floor. The wireless is secured with a password (which I have), however the ID is hidden and does not show up on the wireless lists. I've gotten my computer to connect to the wireless (finally!) but it won't connect to the internet. Anyone have suggestions other than the ID not being hidden (since that isn't under my control!)? Thanks!

-Mallorie

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/237258-connected-network-but-not-internet.html
Relevancy 58.48%

After reading some more I thought I d try a couple of things amp post my info here I have two computers both can connect to the network Network but No Internet to Connected but only one the one I m using - Connected to Network but No Internet obviously can connect to the Internet I ve tried everything I can think of amp have compared the settings on both computers amp they appear to be the same so I m stumped as to why the other one all of a sudden won t connect Here are my results from ipconfig Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Chris gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway I am able to ping to the numbered addresses but when I ping to a named address ie google com I get an error Any ideas This is driving me crazy The other computer uses XP amp it did do some automatic updates yesterday which was the last time it was connected to the Internet Please help nbsp

A:Connected to Network but No Internet

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2/SP3.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold for the following commands.

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults, type: netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults, type: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reboot the machine.

Select Start > Settings > Network Connections.
Double-click the Connection icon of the connection you wish to modify to open the Local Area Connection Status window.
Click the Properties button to open the Local Area Connection Properties window.
Click to highlight Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
Click the Properties button to open the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties window.
TCP/IP Properties window, IP Address tab
Select Obtain an IP address automatically.
Select Obtain DNS server address automatically.
Click OK to return to the Local Area Connection Properties window.
Click OK to return to the Network Connections window.
Then let's see this.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-network-but-no-internet.802550/
Relevancy 58.48%

I am running Avira Free and PC Tools Firewall plus on my Toshiba NB with Windows XP THis internet Network no but connected computer accesses the internet wirelessly through a Verizon FIOS Network connected but no internet router Had encountered some slow internet performance and ran a full system scan with Avira - detections were found and Avira advised that some windows components were damaged and to install the XP SP CD which of course I don t have - but I do have an Network connected but no internet old XP system CD I was getting poorer and poorer internet connectivity until finally no connection I ran the IE Diagnose Connection Problems Network connected but no internet multiple times The logs - which I ve lost indicated WinSock and LSP issues I ve run various winsock repair tools reset the TCP IP but don t seem to have any luck Appreciate any help you could offer I did run Hijack This with these results Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system acs exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchPad TPTray exe C WINDOWS system thpsrv exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files TOSHIBA E-KEY CeEKey exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C WINDOWS system TDispVol exe C WINDOWS system ZoomingHook exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe C WINDOWS system TPSMain exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Direct Disc Writer ddwmon exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA USB Sleep and Charge Utility TUSBSleepChargeSrv exe C Program Files PC Tools Firewall Plus FirewallGUI exe C Program Files Atheros ACU exe C Program Files Brother Brmfcmon BrMfcWnd exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C WINDOWS system TPSBattM exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Documents and Settings Joe Local Settings Application Data SanctionedMedia Smad Smad exe C Program Files Brother Brmfcmon BrMfimon exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C Program Files Verizon IHA MessageCenter Bin Verizon IHAMessageCenter exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files PC Tools Firewall Plus FWService exe C TOSHIBA IVP ISM pinger exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exe C WINDOWS system ThpSrv exe C WINDOWS system TODDSrv exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtSrv exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avshadow exe C Documents and Settings Joe Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQS... Read more

A:Network connected but no internet

Hello and Welcome to the forums!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger:Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
Link2
Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:
DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?""just click on Cancel, then Accept".information and logs:In your next post I need the following

.logs from DDSlog from RKUnHookerlet me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/433094/network-connected-but-no-internet/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hey everyone I have found network, connected internet not to but a great deal of help from looking on these forums before but this time I couldn't find the same problem so I connected to network, but not internet thought I would ask I'm having problems with my home network I find that I will be on the internet wirelessly with no problems then all of a sudden I lose internet connection but I still remain connected to the home network I have tried disconnecting and re-connecting to the network this usually doesn't help Occasionally that will help but then a couple minutes later I have the same problem I have tried running the diagnosis within the Network and Sharing Center Sometimes it will tell me that it doesn't detect a problem and sometimes it will detect a problem Then I try to reset the wireless adapter quot Wireless Network Connection quot and it will appear to have fixed it and when I try to re-load the page it times out and then I lose internet connection again The only thing that I have found that fixes the problem is to recycle power to the modem Pain in the ass The modem is connected to a desktop computer I don't remember what it's running but I know it's a version of XP and there are multiple laptops within the house that connect to it wirelessly and I'm the only one running Vista and the only one having problems The modem isn't very old so I'm not thinking that it's the modem so because I'm the only one having problems I'm assuming it's a Vista thing Anyone have any ideas Thanks Emily Anttila

A:connected to network, but not internet

I think this problem has been resolved with SP1.
Check if you have a network bridge.
When the problem occurs, check if your laptop/PC is receiving any IP settings (run/cmd/ipconfig /all)

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/148869-connected-network-but-not-internet.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello all,

I am having issues with trying to change my network from private to home on windows 7 home edition. In network and sharing centre it is saying im not even connected to a network when im connected to my modem. Google searches have not been helpful...

Dont know if this helps but this is what it comes up with when i run ipconfig

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::4c4d:935a:a627:cd6c%12
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.100
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

Thanks, Dylan

Relevancy 58.48%

My girlfriend has a HP Pavilion which has quite a few problems but the one I keep running into has got me perplexed I'm going to layout some of the problems I'm already dealing with so that if you think it may but to network Connected the internet. the not have inhibited this current problem you can tell me First her WiFi card seems to have went out The light doesn't come on and the built in wireless internet programs no longer respond Second the current Vista product key seems to be invalid and I can't afford to buy a new product Connected to the network but not the internet. key So we have to do a complete reinstall every to weeks Which is a pain in the Now in order for her to get online we hooked her Motorola Que to her laptop At first it connected no problem straight to the internet Then we had to do the complete reinstall then it wouldn't connect and I fidgeted with some settings and it worked Then we had to reinstall again Tried the same thing but now its saying that it will connect to the network but not to the internet I'm to a point of throwing the whole damn thing away Can anyone help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/connected-to-the-network-but-not-the-internet-424765.html
Relevancy 58.48%

hi all, i have a dell latitude c600, on windows xp. recently it had pav virus.this was removed,but since then the laptop wont connect either by wireless or with a wired connection. when i open network connections, click on properties and then click ok, both the wired and the wireless connection show that they are connected, but the laptop still wont access the internet. please help !!!

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi all,

I have been away for a while now but my computer problems have come back. My old hp sees the network connection, knows its plugged in, but the internet is not working. Any guesses, suggestions. Thanks

Danny

A:connected to network but no internet

how are you connected to the internet - can you give full details ISP- make and models
how connected usb / lan /wireless as much info as possible
ISP>modem>router>PC ???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-network-but-no-internet.480931/
Relevancy 58.05%

I have a Gateway MX laptop I use XP SP My issue is that for the past couple days I haven no but browsing. network, internet to Connected t been able Connected to network, but no internet browsing. to browse the internet despite a good wireless network connection Connected to network, but no internet browsing. The issue started up around the time I use the same laptop as a wireless router to my Connected to network, but no internet browsing. Xbox using a bridge connection and ethernet cable I hooked it up fine for a few days then was in a hurry one day and I unplugged the cable without unbridging my connections As far as I remember that is the only out of the ordinary thing I ve done with my laptop For awhile it would just say I was connected to the network and when I would open my browser Firefox it would lead to a quot Server Not Found quot page I got on two Wii s and a desktop with a wireless card built in and accessed the same network with no problem I used the desktop to search for fixes I found the comman prompt fixes for redoing the Winsock IP TCIP etc And nothing was fixed Now it comes up with the quot Limited Or No Connectivity quot as well as no internet still I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers I turned off my firewall and checked the settings Nothing I use Norton for Anti Virus I tried disabling it Nothing The thing is it works on any other network just not this one at my home anymore I m stumped frustrated and can t figure it out Help nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi I have just bought a new HP Pavilion PC for my parents and have been trying to get it networked The situation is that they have offices at opposite ends of the house with the broadband in one office I installed a Belkin Universal Repeater pain the neck to setup in between the offices to extend the wireless range to the second office The network signal in the second office strong five bars and I have no problems connecting with my laptop running Vista However the new PC which has a wirelesss card in can get on the network consistently and the connection is never dropped BUT the internet access is intermittent at best works maybe five minutes out of every I cannot access the router admin page when the internet connection is lost but I can still see all the other devices on the network I have tried disabling IPv as per a number of forum suggestions but this didn't help Any suggestions greatly appreciated Update Ok so now for some reason I have full internet access nothing has been changed BUT I can no longer see any network access Connected but no network, to internet devices I can access the router admin page from where I can see that for somre reason the router thinks the Belkin repeater i e the repeater's mac address is my new PC - the IP address for the PC is The IP address for the repeater is yet in Connected to network, but no internet access the router admin page it says that the PC is offline and the router going by its mac address is online but has the PCs IP address Even stranger I can access the wireless printer sitting next to the new PC from the other office i e through the repeater but yet I cannot see it from the new PC sitting right next to it

A:Connected to network, but no internet access

Welcome to seven Forums!

Is there a PC connected to the repeater's ethernet port or is it stand alone? I looked at the manual a spotted a few items you might want to look at.

First take a look at IP addressing. Are all PC's using DHCP from the router? Did you at any time get a "duplicate IP" warning on any of them?

The mac address showing up weird is not all that unusual if something has connected to the repeaters' ethernet port. It could take on the MAC address of the attached device. It varies by manufacturer so it may be normal for that particular device.

The other items to look at are "Protected Mode", "Repeater Mode" and "54g-LRS".

How are these configured?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/68911-connected-network-but-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello Sometime late last 7 Win when network connected Internet dropping PC to is year I noticed that my internet would periodically drop out for ten to thirty seconds then Internet dropping when Win 7 PC is connected to network come back up This happens for all connected internet devices This would happen once or twice an hour For reference I'm running a cable modem through a NETGEAR Nighthawk router My house doesn't have cable TV or dish so our primary source of entertainment is through the internet We have several devices connected at any given moment two phones a tablet an XBOX a PS Chromecasts and maybe a Chromebook At the time I was running MBAM for security on my desktop PC and it caught nothing I even ran Super AntiSpyware and BitDefender and they came back clean I had my ISP visit my house multiple times to Internet dropping when Win 7 PC is connected to network check my modem signal and cabling and they couldn't find any problems When the signal would drop the modem wouldn't change but the Nighthawk would orange-out and come back online Suspecting it to be my router I ran the PC directly through the modem and the problem persisted After weeks with tech support from my ISP I suspected it may be my machine So I powered off my PC for a solid week and noticed no issues with other connected devices XBOX tablets etc When I booted up my PC the signal drop issues happened again across all connected devices I would also notice that the longer my PC was turned on my mouse would begin to seriously lag and stutter when performing tasks requiring internet access refreshing a browser page etc Last weekend I bought a Windows installation disc to do a clean install of Windows I put all of my important files mainly the User folder that has all of my docs music etc on a separate internal hard drive and I reinstalled Windows I loaded MBAM and Webroot SecureAnywhere on the machine I noticed that Windows kept much of my old installation and files in a folder labeled Windows old This made me nervous so I ran a scan from Webroot and it found something called Win UserAdded in spots I cleaned the files and ran another scan It came back clean A few hours later my signal dropped again I rebooted into safe mode and ran both a Webroot and MBAM scan I made sure to have both programs scan the main disk and the ancillary internal back up hard drive and to also scan for rootkits More than two hours later the scans came back clean My PC was connected to the internet during the safe mode and no dropping issues occurred I turned my machine off and went to bed This morning I powered on my machine and within an hour two internet drops occurred Is this an infection If so I suspect something in my old files may be infected If that's the case how can I retrieve the important pics and such without reinfecting a new install Thanks in advance Jesse

A:Internet dropping when Win 7 PC is connected to network

Lets get a deeper look.Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.Let me know if all went well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/568833/internet-dropping-when-win-7-pc-is-connected-to-network/
Relevancy 58.05%

hi, I'm sorry for lot's of thopic's that i made, but i have the new problem, now I can connect to the wirelless network, everithyng is fine, but when I'm trying to enter the web, i simply can't...and i also can't acess my home network.( but if I'm connecting throu the cabel everything work's fine). Please can someone help me with this problem...?

A:The wirelless network connected - but no internet

You have not set up the wireless router to obtain an IP address. This should be set to automatic. Read through your manual, or run the setup once more, reading carefully

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-wirelless-network-connected-but-no-internet.117613/
Relevancy 58.05%

I have an apple airport base station which I run my comcast cable internet through. I have been using it with my ibook for quite sometime with no problems. I installed a belkin wirless card in my PC and connected to my network, "Homenetwork" and began using the internet, only it would only hold a connection for about five minutes and then drop me, but while the connection was there it registered as "excellent" I talked to someone at the GeekSquad and they told me to uninstall and reinstall my network card software. I am not extremely computer savvy, so I messed around with it a little bit, and I got an "excellent" connection back on my PC and it doesn't drop me anymore, but I cannot access the internet. So, I have a wireless connection, but no internet. Any insight into this would be awesome! Thanks
Chad :hotouch:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connected-to-wireless-network-but-no-internet.33681/
Relevancy 58.05%

My ancient HP desktop connects to the network via wired connection My laptop connects wirelessly usually Both have very strong the Network, Connected to one no internet...on only. but computer signals from the router and the desktop connects to the internet just like always but the laptop isn t getting the internet signal The laptop is an Acer Aspire Costco special and the router is a Linksys Simultaneous Dual Band N-type The only real significant thing that was done on the laptop was to install Adobe Shockwave Player with Norton Scan I already have McAfee on the laptop tho so I uninstalled the Norton I m going to do a system restore in a moment any other suggestions would really be appreciated BTW the laptop would occasionally seem Connected to the Network, but no internet...on one computer only. to disconnect itself from the network and I would have to completely shut Connected to the Network, but no internet...on one computer only. down the network Connected to the Network, but no internet...on one computer only. hard restart and all computers to reset This always worked before but now it isn t Like I said I have excellent wireless connectivity but the internet isn t there just on the laptop Even if I go wired with it nbsp

A:Connected to the Network, but no internet...on one computer only.

I've narrowed it down to a freakin firewall issue with McAfee. When I turn the firewall off, I get access to the internet. I restored the firewall settings to default and everything seems "normal" again. But why would my firewall start to do this. It seems to randomly disconnect my laptop from the internet (not the network).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-the-network-but-no-internet-on-one-computer-only.976304/
Relevancy 58.05%

i'm using hp pavilion and operating windows 7 ultimate. I can connect the wi-fi, internet but it notifies me no network access. So anybody could help me? It happens even with my phone modem. Three days before i can connect but now i can't

A:internet connected but no network access

Welcome to the forum

*Did you make any changes to your computer during those 3 days?
Try a System Restore to a point you know your connection was working.

Post back for further suggestions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/246878-internet-connected-but-no-network-access.html
Relevancy 58.05%

we have 7 devices connected to a Verizon FiOS router in our home network. everything works fine. Last month we get a new Router then one XP PC can get wireless connection but cannot access internet and cannot ping the router any more. Reinstall the OS and turn of the firewall cannot solve the problem.

A:pc has connected to network, but cannot access Internet

Try uninstalling IPv6 (And only use IPv4): 1. Open Control Panel -> Network Connection 2. Right Click the network interface card, and select Properties. 3. Select IPv6 and press Uninstall 4. Restart

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/pc-has-connected-to-network-but-cannot-access-internet/203315.html
Relevancy 58.05%

hi

i have connected 2 computers to share internet connection

at first day the network says connected and i can use the internet

but second day it says connected but i cant use internet it says page cant be displayed :S

is it because of firewall or anti virus?

because there was no anti virus first but i have download it after i saw the internet is working on the other PC

so should i remove the anti virus ?

( i use Nod Smart security )

thnx

A:Network says connected but cant access internet on the other PC

Remove all firewalls, and security. Let it then use the regular Windows firewall. Than add back in your security.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-says-connected-but-cant-access-internet-on-the-other-pc.105857/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello I m brand new to the forum as I ve been having a really odd problem with my internet since about a week after installing Windows and installing all critical and most of the optional updates drivers I live 7 Connected Internet To Network No But - Windows at a boarding school on a network which is used by about people in all Usually the internet is very fast and to date I ve not had a single problem but after my computer completely failed with my trusty Windows XP I installed Windows and it worked like a dream no problems up until now After scouring the internet for about a week now no-one Windows 7 - Connected To Network But No Internet seems to have the EXACT same problem as me but a few people had issues similar albeit their respective solutions did nothing for me I m competent enough with computers but not to this extent and I feel I have tried everything and looked everywhere Windows 7 - Connected To Network But No Internet for answers by now but to no avail The persisting problem is that one day the network centre says that I am connected to the local network but have no internet access After some basic checks I deduced that the problem is Windows -based as I can see no other cause it won t even give me internet on safe mode but all other students at my boarding school have no problems many of them with Windows themselves My drivers are all up-to-date I have done two system restores to see if that fixed the problem tried a multitude of different things from the internet but it s still the same I m presented with a yellow exclamation mark on my network icon still telling me I have no internet access but as of today I realised I can connect to the internet through a wireless router on the same school network How is this and can anyone possibly help me with my strange problem Many thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

Hey guys

i have a problem with one of my computers. Its a Windows XP, the problem is that it connects to the network but when i try to browse the internet it says i cannot display the page. I tried browsing the internet on FireFox but it says page not found.

I have a DSL (ethernet) connection and ive tested the connection on my windows vista and it works great.

also the conection icon shows is connected but firewalled i disabled the firewall but still not effects.

any help guys?

Relevancy 58.05%

I have three computers all on one network, in the same workgroup. Two, one laptop running vista and a desktop running xp, are connected wirelessly and another desktop running vista is connected via ethernet. All three computers are connected to the network and have full access to eachother's folders printers, etc... but my xp desktop cannot connect to the internet. I know its not a firewall problem because I've tried disable my firewall with no luck. Any ideas as to what is wrong?

Relevancy 58.05%

Hello all I'm sorry beforehand if this was placed in the wrong subforum The issue that I have is that here at work we have static IP for certain users I'm one of them the IP I am supposed to use is free and all previous PC that had used it were deleted from the Active Directory meaning I'm the only one with that IP and the DHCP range is nowhere close to it On the previous PC I was using there was no problem but since I switched PCs and installed Windows tried both Pro and Enterprise on the first use the but as Network internet no Showing connected network works properly but when I leave work and return the other day either it shows I don't have any connectivity to Internet or if I have any I can't access any website fortunately I'm able to access local resources so I have not been totally useless this past days I've already tried being part of the DHCP updating Drivers Uninstalling some of them tested on other Network Showing as connected but no internet PC as well and happens the same I'm using a Dell OptiPlex Core i - GB RAM no extra added I will attach some screen shots of some tests perfomed The only way I have been able to go Network Showing as connected but no internet through this was reinstalling the OS but with that I lose minimally mins between installing OS and the needed programs and I don't like that being the definitive solution I would appreciate all help given thanks

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/network-showing-connected-but-no-internet-278108/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi guys Today I went out and purchased a brand new modem and router I set it all up no I'm to the says not symbol connected internet, but network problem and I gave the router dual band networks the same names as the old ones However they had a quot quot behind them Ie - quot Network name quot This wasn't a huge problem as it showed up correctly in the network viewing area etc However it only showed up when I moused over the internet symbol in the bottom right of the task bar Being slightly OCD I decided to change it even if the network names showed fine everywhere else I used the information from this link -- windows - Remove the extra number after the name of Ethernet connection - Super User The steps I followed are those below down voteaccepted quot I've I'm connected to the internet, but network symbol says not finally solved this problem by deleting network profiles from regedit Source Windows Rename Network I'm connected to the internet, but network symbol says not - Internet Network amp Security - Neowin Forums The network profiles are stored under HKLM Software Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion NetworkList Profiles share improve this answer I'm connected to the internet, but network symbol says not answered Mar ' at derekhh Thank you - your answer worked but don't forget to reboot You can also RegEdit search for quot Network quot - notice that is TWO spaces Daniel Sokolowski Jul ' at DanielSokolowski for pointing out the two spaces Silly html kills the second one and without you saying it I wouldn't have realized Eben Sep ' at So it turns out that on my Windows machine it was only one space And the key was at HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM ControlSet Control Network but searching for the name got me there easily Eben Sep ' at quot Sooooo I deleted the registry keys for all the networks with my network's names so both of them The problem is that now when I mouse over the internet symbol it either says quot Identifying no internet access quot or similar The funny thing is that I am actually connected If I click the symbol to bring up networks I can see that I am connected to one of my two named networks just fine So please someone help my poor OCD I hate seeing quot identifying quot constantly etc I tried system restore but it keeps failing when it reaches the restore registry point I dislike seeing that I don't have internet access when I actually do Can anyone help me

A:I'm connected to the internet, but network symbol says not

I found the solution. I'm sorry if anyone's time was wasted. To any admin, please feel free to close this thread. I will post solution below:

Delete / Rename Network Connections In Windows 8Thanks to Microsoft, Windows 8 doesn?t have an easy way to accomplish this same process. The link to modify or delete the connections is no where to be found. The only way to remove the connections in Windows 8 is to do so by using the registry editor.
1- To open the registry editor press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog, type regedit, and press Enter. If prompted by UAC, then click on Yes.
2- Go to this folder: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles.
3- The Profiles folder will provide a list of all the network locations (past or recent) that you have used. Each network location is represented by a subfolder.
4- Here you can delete individual sub-folders to remove individual connections or if you?d like to delete all the connections simply delete all of the sub-folders within the Profiles folder.
5- To rename a network location, click on the corresponding sub-folder and edit the key named ProfileName. Input the new name for the network location.

*********** I simply deleted the subfolders themselves and then re-created the networks.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/67096-im-connected-internet-but-network-symbol-says-not.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I have recently moved in with my Fiancee and switched the wireless router (linksys) at her house. We had the identical wireless router but mine was secured. Using her router (the old one), both of our laptops were able to access the internet. Now, using my router, her laptop is unable to access the internet but is getting a signal from the router. In the wireless network connection window, the status line reads Acquiring network address. Please help!

Relevancy 58.05%

My laptop had a virus so everything was wiped out and reinstalled. Since then I can connect to the wireless network in my house but I cannot get on the internet even though the network connection is excellent. I have looked at the support for the connection and when I try to repair it I get the message..."The following steps of the repair operation failed: Renewing the IP address. Please contact your network administrator or ISP. when looking at the details I have no Default Gateway. no dns server. and no WINS server. I am running windows XP and am trying to figure out how to fix the problem. I have some Idea of what im doing but am not that into computers so I dont know where to find these numbers or how to input them and I definitly dont know how to ping anything so I would need serious instructions. Can someone help me please.

A:Connected to Wireless Network but No Internet.

can you please post your IP address

go to command prompt and type "ipconfig" and hit enter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-wireless-network-but-no-internet.937764/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello I've been trying to troubleshoot this on my own for a day or two but to no avail My laptop with Intel wireless N- network card has been Access Internet Connected to no but Network failing to connect to the internet on a home network starting randomly days ago I've Connected to Network but no Internet Access looked through several forums and have tried Connected to Network but no Internet Access most of the suggested solutions to no avail My mobile devices iPad and android phone Connected to Network but no Internet Access are able to connect fine just not the laptop in addition my laptop has no trouble connecting any other network Solutions attempted TCP IP Reset netsh int ip reset resetlog txt along with winsock reset on elevated CMD Disabling IPv Triple-checking that both IPv and are set to automatically retrieve IP DNS Triple-checking that DCHP client service is active Disabling all Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapters System Restore to days ago Manually setting DNS server to Turning off on router for minutes Disabling firewall Security Essentials scan Uninstall reinstalling the network card driver Not the McAfee fix as I never installed it on my computer Flush register DNS then ipconfig release renew on elevated CMD which is stuck at release with An error occurred while releasing interface Loopback Pseudo-Interface The system cannot find the file specified error I am really stuck and out of ideas Any help will be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

A:Connected to Network but no Internet Access

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501263/connected-to-network-but-no-internet-access/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello,

Recently we had Comcast set-up there internet service at our condo.  Since then my laptop will not open any webpages on any of my browsers.  Chrome shows "This webpage is not available"; IE "This Page Cannot be Displayed" etc.  The other laptop we have connects fine and is viewing everything properly.  I have connected to multiple other wireless networks and the same thing happens every time.

This has been going on for a week already, and I finally had time to spend most of the day today trying to figure this out with no success... 

Random info that might help you, help me.  

OS is Windows 8
Machine is a newish Acer
Modem is an Arris t862
Direct ethernet connection works, WiFi is the problem
I uninstalled McAfee about the same time as we got the new ISP, not sure if that is relevant.     
Any help is appreciated!

A:Connected to Network; No Internet Access :(

to Bleeping Computer!  I uninstalled McAfee about the same time as we got the new ISP, not sure if that is relevant. Download SecurityCheck.exe from Here. Run SecurityCheck and follow the instruction from inside the code box.. When the scan is finished, a notepad will automatically open as check.txt   Please copy and paste the contents here on your next reply. Download MiniToolBox and open/run the program.When open, checkmark or select all options then click Go.A notepad will open then copy-paste the report on your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504855/connected-to-network;-no-internet-access/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hey guys I ve been going though quite a few of your threads seeing if solutions given to people with similar problems would work but i haven t had any luck so I decided my own thread would be the best choice especially since I m just seeing the same ideas over and over So here s my situation I recently moved in with someone else who already had a PC Since my bedroom didn t have but access network, to internet. can't Connected cable on it my PC was off the internet for about months mostly waiting for the cable company to come and install the cable in there Well finally Connected to network, but can't access internet. the cable guys come and they set up the connection The modem says it s connected the computer itself says it s connected but no program Firefox IE various auto-updaters can access the internet The Connected to network, but can't access internet. cable guys suggested that it could be my Avast anti-virus the default McAfee was removed long ago So I uninstalled that with no result I then began looking for similar problems on here and other forums I can ping my IP fine and I can ping my gateway fine but I can t ping any external IP with host name or IP address Windows firewall was turned off and I even made a specific exception for IE on the firewall this did nothing I tried fixing the winsock entry to no avail oh yeah I was running XP with Serv Pack so I tried the auto-fix for this and the manual way So I became desperate and thinking it was a corrupted program registry key whatever I completely re-formatted my computer thinking it would reset any problem Nope After re-formatting I still have the exact same problem I immediately used my laptop and a flash drive to get the McAfee removal tool but after using it it did not help at all So I know now that it was not any anti-virus program registry key or windows update Before and after the re-format it said the network adapter was working properly so i never explored that route but everything seems fine there So I m running XP with no updates and no anti-virus programs on the affected computer Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

I have a dell with windows vista home premium and I'm home from college for the holidays and am unable to connect to my parent's wireless internet. I can connect to the network and sometimes have internet access. However, as soon as I go to my typical websites (google, facebook, school email), I loose the connection to the network. Sometimes I can reconnect, but with no access to the internet. My McAfee has been tweeking out too. I don't know much about computers please help or I will never get through the holidays using this old desktop!

Relevancy 58.05%

After using the Windows quot refresh my PC quot option I've been running into some problems with my network This desktop is connected directly to yet connected Internet, network to Able is no access the router with an ethernet cable and I can access the internet I'm posting from it ping other computers on the LAN and connect shared files and printers if I type in the paths manually Able to access Internet, yet no network is connected but Windows keeps believing that it isn't connected to a Able to access Internet, yet no network is connected network The computer is not part of a domain and the workgroup is the same for all computers on the network the default quot WORKGROUP quot -- Windows IP Configuration Host Name Charleston Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address -BF- - E-F - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe fd e b f d c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday July Lease Expires Tuesday July Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - - -BF- - E-F - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap home Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes -- Nothing seems out of the ordinary in any settings and it's even weirder that internet access is fine What am I doing wrong

A:Able to access Internet, yet no network is connected

Try going down the list in the link below, follow the steps to connect to your network.

Troubleshooting Wired Home Networks (Windows 8) | HP? Support

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/28200-able-access-internet-yet-no-network-connected.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi i ve been having this problem for a while it s getting really annoying On my other computer i m connecting through a Airlink router and adapter In my network it said i m connected and i have a excellent connection but when i try to get on internet explorer it says page cannot be displayed Please someone help me Heres an ipconfig Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings John gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name dell Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing connected, shows Network internet. but no Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Airlink SuperG Wireless Cardbus A dapter Physical Address - - - F- - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Com C Integrated Network shows connected, but no internet. Fast Ethernet Controller C C-TX Compatible Physical Address - - - - -A C Documents and Settings John gt nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

Hey everyone,

Vista has been working great for about 6 months, networking and everything, but just 2 days ago my internet connection dropped and never came back. I looked into it and I am now connected to an "Unidentified Network" with "Local Only" access. I have tried to fix it for 3 days now and have gotten no where. I've tried everything I've read, though I may have missed something, I have even reinstalled Vista 64x. Any Ideas? Seems like a common vista problem.

A:Network connected but no Internet connection

When you installed or reinstalled Vista x64, did you also installed the Chipset drivers?

Are there any yellow warning signs under Device Manager?

Are you running a Cable modem?

What about a router? if so... model and brand?

Are you running a Wired or Wireless connection?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/231373-network-connected-but-no-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello, I've been having a problem with my internet on my laptop. It shows me as connected to my wireless network with full bars but it has "limited connectivity." I am posting this from my laptop with an ethernet cord plugged in directly to the router. It's not the router's fault because other computers/laptops in the house can connect and use the internet.

I have a Linksys router Model no. WCG200v2-CC

The results of my "ipconfig" results are as follows
============================================

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . . : fe80::657d:d52f:f52d:a17c%12
Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address . . : 169.254.161.124
Subnet Mask . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway. . . . . . . :

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . . : fe80:fdc6:68e4:396e:ebc3%11
IPv4 Address . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.15
Subnet Mask . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . : 192.168.0.1

=================================

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Connected to Wireless Network but no internet

Pull up a command prompt and type in ipconfig /all what is the dns information show?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/connected-to-wireless-network-but-no-internet-550278.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I've set up a wired/wireless network in my apt and after several days of operating without difficulty, the laptop (which is connected wirelessly) now can no longer access webpages. My desktop is wired into the router and has not had any difficulties. I'm using an AirLink 101 802.11g router and a Motorola SB5100 Surfboard modem. The laptop is logged in to the network and I've tried power cycling both the modem and the router and disabled the security on the network. Are there any other basic troubleshooting things I can or should I just get some professional help?

A:Network Connected, But No Internet Access

What OS are you using?
Is the laptop static or dynamic address?
Can you ping the router & desktop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-connected-but-no-internet-access.27524/
Relevancy 58.05%

The title says it all really, my Dell inspiron 1525 laptop is connected to my wireless but hasnt been able to access internet.

I have seen many cases similar to mine, where people have been able to connect to the network, through either wireless or LAN cable but the internet doesnt work. However, i have not come across a single definite solution to this issue.

I have tried all the possible solutions that i came across various forums but none of them have seemed to work. Iam currently using my other laptop which works fine.

I would really appreciate some help regarding this matter since this forum showed most promise.

Thanks
Naz

Relevancy 58.05%

Hello, I have a windows 7 system that can connect to the internet and do regular net surfing and all. I connect it to the domain of my company and everything join as it usually does and no problems. After the reboot and try to test if I can connect to a resource drive on the network it just sits their and they says that it can't find the network resources. Also, I can't see other system on the net neither, but I can still connect to the internet. I check all the network adapters and everything is set correctly. I even went to the extreme of cloning another system to the system in question and it still given me the same problem. Any thought on my problem anybody care to share?
Thanks,
Zak

A:Network Resources Can't Be Connected, But Can Use Internet

Quote: Originally Posted by ZakRhyno

Hello, I have a windows 7 system that can connect to the internet and do regular net surfing and all. I connect it to the domain of my company and everything join as it usually does and no problems. After the reboot and try to test if I can connect to a resource drive on the network it just sits their and they says that it can't find the network resources. Also, I can't see other system on the net neither, but I can still connect to the internet. I check all the network adapters and everything is set correctly. I even went to the extreme of cloning another system to the system in question and it still given me the same problem. Any thought on my problem anybody care to share?
Thanks,
Zak

Whats the setup of your companies domain? whats the server, dns, etc?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/116401-network-resources-cant-connected-but-can-use-internet.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi My to wireless network, but Connected not internet. roommates and I have a small network set up in our apartment through a Linksys WRT GS router I m running a relatively fresh install of XP w SP reinstalled just over a month ago My internet has been working fine but a couple of weeks ago I noticed that certain sites were impossible to access This computer was having trouble getting to www rottentomatoes com and www ign com both run by Connected to wireless network, but not internet. the same company I might add but my friends had no such issues I was looking through some sites to see what might be up and trying the occasionally little very little nothing too involved tweak here and there but out of nowhere my internet stopped working at all My wireless connection is fine I can access other computers on the network and it says the connection is strong but no programs can access the internet - Firefox AIM etc I m trying to remember for the record what I was doing when my internet went down I tried a flush dns command a couple of times I rebooted a bunch I switched from static IP to dynamic and back I changed my static IP to something new That s all I expressly remember I switched to the wired connection our apartment building provides and everything is working fine including Rotten Tomatoes and IGN but it s so slow and strictly regulated that I d like to get back to my wireless as soon as possible I m not expecting anyone to know immediately what s up but any suggestions as to where to start Thanks so much nbsp

A:Connected to wireless network, but not internet.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reboot the machine.

I'd also like to see this from your computer, and one of the working computers connected to the same router.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-wireless-network-but-not-internet.679206/
Relevancy 58.05%

I have a great secured wireless connection that works with all of computers in the house except my laptop it says "connected" but there is no internet connection the two computers light up but it doesn't have the blue ball in the middle..what is the problem please help.

A:Connected to secured network but not the internet

Originally Posted by monmil

I have a great secured wireless connection that works with all of computers in the house except my laptop it says "connected" but there is no internet connection the two computers light up but it doesn't have the blue ball in the middle..what is the problem please help.

Hello monmill. A most frequent cause of blocking Internet access is Anti-Virus / Firewall / Spam Blocking software that has blocked Internet access for security reasons. One way to test this idea is to turn it all off temporarily to see if access is restored. Then configure the security software to allow access to the Internet.

Cheers!
Robert

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/297225-connected-secured-network-but-not-internet.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi about a week ago I started getting the problem where my laptop would connect to the network but there would be no internet access I tried many of the suggestions that I found online like flushing the dns and resetting the tcp ip but none of them but network, access Connected to no internet seemed to work The only thing that I have been able to get to work is doing a system restore to the day before it began to happen However the next day when i swich on my laptop again I have the same problem so I have to restore again Obviously doing a system restore everytime i want to use my laptop isn't ideal I can't figure out what is doing this At first I thought it was a windows update but I disabled all updates after one of my restores and it did not make any difference I also have mcafee installed and disabled anything within that that I thought could have been an issue As far as I can see I have not changed or installed anything after the system restores that would cause this problem to arise each time I start up my laptop Any help is very much appreciated edit Connected to network, but no internet access - Just thought I should point out that the wireless router I am trying to connect to works fine with everything else so it is definitely an issue with this laptop

A:Connected to network, but no internet access

Welcome to the Seven Forums!

Just as a test, please consider uninstalling mcafee and installing Microsoft Security Essentials in its place. Even if this does not fix the issue, maybe you could leave it in place for the duration of the troubleshooting. After you solve this connectivity problem, you can go back to mcafee if you must.

You mentioned that the problem happens again the next day:

1) Does it happen if you just reboot or does it have to be off over night?

2) Does it happen if you turn off the laptop, leave it off for 5 minutes and then turn it back on?

3) And what happens if you set the laptop to stay awake and left it on all weekend?

You might want to read this too:
http://www.ryanvictory.com/posts/aut...al-in-windows/

I might be away from the forums for a day or two - hopefully, another member will jump in.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/250206-connected-network-but-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 58.05%

hey guys i'm new here so please help

my desktop is running windows 7 home premium 64 bit and just recently it doesnt have anymore internet access. its connected via cable to LAN. it says that i'm connect to Local Area Network but no internet access.
i thought it was a faulty network card so i bought a wireless USB TP-Link. i set up everything correctly according to the steps (install the driver etc.) and it says i'm connected to my home wifi network. but when i try to access google or facebook or twitter or any other webpage on my internet browser (google chrome), it says the webpage is not available.

please help as i desperately need to use my desktop for work purposes and cant cope with my laptop alone.

thanks

A:Connected to network but no internet access

Hello and Welcome to Seven Forums,

Have you tried unplugging the network cable from the router's ethernet port then move it to another one?

Can you post an ipconfig /all output for review?

Also, try running the Network Troubleshooter tool from your Windows 7 computer.
Using the Network troubleshooter in Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/250075-connected-network-but-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,

I have been having an internet connection problem recently. My laptop can connect to networks, but not to the internet. I have tried two locations with wireless networks, and both do not work on my computer, but do on other computers, so I know it is my computer and not the network that is the problem. Do you have any ideas on how I can solve this problem? Thanks and look forward to hearing from you.

Jimmy

Relevancy 58.05%

i have a hp pavilion ze4500 laptop and it says it's connected but there's no internet. packets are sent but not received. it's also manually configured and im positive the ip address, subnet mask, and default gateway is right. still, it won't work. help?!

A:Wireless Network connected but no Internet

Hi there...

1st..this post should be in the Networking category, for better assistance.

2nd..Are you able to connect to the router/modem via ethernet cable?

3rd...Can any other computers to that modem/router via wireless (if applicable)?

4th...If "yes" to the 3rd, were any hardware changes/software updates/installations/downloads etc done prior to not being able to connect via wireless?

(You may also want to make sure that Windows OR a third party wireless utility is used to manage the wireless connection, but not BOTH. That will cause conflicts and the inability to browse the internet even though "connected.")

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connected-but-no-internet.974128/
Relevancy 58.05%

I have home network with two PCs, one running win 7 and the other running win xp, we share files and so forth normal network stuff and also the same modem, but recently the Pc running win 7 wont connect to the internet while there is internet access on the win xp,normally I would just disable the LAN adapter and it would work nut after we shut down it comes back with the same problem and upon disabling it doesn't work anymore.

A:Network connected but no Internet access

What type of network adapter do you have in the Windows 7 PC?

(Brand, etc.)

~Alex

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-connected-but-no-internet-access.185729/
Relevancy 58.05%

Last night my laptop was working perfectly fine, internet and everything, I did not download anything, just looked at some forums and turned off the laptop. But today my internet does not work at all (Firefox and IE), but its does work on the other 2 computers in the house. I tried MSN messenger, and its said that my DNS and key ports weren't working (or something to that extent), and tried to repair it with no luck. I have no idea how either of these work, and what could be blocking them. I turned off my Firewall already, thanks.

Relevancy 58.05%

I have a dell Inspriron running windows Vista home premium MB ram I tried to connected access can't but says internet? Network the connect wired and wireless and it shows that it is connected but I cannot access the internet can someone please help nothing that I try helps my main computer is win bit that s where the DSL modem and router are connected can someone walk me threw this process of getting this Dell computer connected When I click diagnose connection problems it says that quot go microsoft com quot is not set up to establish a connection on port World Wide Web service HTTP with this computer then underneath that it says verify the Network says connected but can't access the internet? current proxy server configuration this is where I need the help at can someone explain this to me Network says connected but can't access the internet? so that I can understand it better I cannot run updates to this computer becuase of this it will install one or two updates and the rest will fail installation with error code efd what does this mean I can t even update this computer the service pack Network says connected but can't access the internet? was installed today but there were other updates that didn t install No matter what I try it comes back to quot Internet explorer cannot display the webpage quot nbsp

A:Network says connected but can't access the internet?

get a command prompt and enter ipconfig /all >myTCP.txt

then copy the contents of myTCP.txt and paste into your follow-up ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-says-connected-but-cant-access-the-internet.154003/