Windows Support Forum

Cooler Master HAF 932 & E-ATX dual Xeon board - anyone tried it?

Q: Cooler Master HAF 932 & E-ATX dual Xeon board - anyone tried it?

Wondering if anyone has tried a non-Nocona, E-ATX dual Xeon board in the HAF 932. I'm talking one of the newer Dual-Xeon boards. I know I lose the single-CPU ATX back opening, but I'm more concerned about if it actually handles a dual-Xeon E-ATX board.

Thanks for any help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooler-master-haf-932-e-atx-dual-xeon-board-anyone-tried-it.152497/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Cooler Master HAF 932 & E-ATX dual Xeon board - anyone tried it?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 77.83%

Hello all new to this forum I bought a Cooler Master chipset cooler for my Asus P P -E Deluxe I was checking my GPU fan when I with Problem Master Cooler HOT! cooler RUNNING chipset touched the cooler and it was hot Problem with Cooler Master chipset cooler RUNNING HOT! I mean HOOOTTT like cant touch it for more than a second hot The fan is spinning the K revs it runs in but its super hot anyway I gave my stock Problem with Cooler Master chipset cooler RUNNING HOT! cooler away and this is what I have The MB temperature is normal c and cpu c fanless at idle I dont know where that MB sensor is located but the chipset must be over c at least Whats the best chipset cooler out there My MB has an Intel chipset i need an upgrade My Antec P provides great Problem with Cooler Master chipset cooler RUNNING HOT! ventilation with mm fans case is sitting standing up like its meant to be and I was reading in another forum that some heatpipes dont like to be sideways could this be the case nbsp

A:Problem with Cooler Master chipset cooler RUNNING HOT!

chipsets have a higher heat tolerence than CPUs, 40c is a safe operating temp. also, temp sensors are not accurate, so you can't really go by the reading from it anyways. it's not unusual for software based sensor to be as much as 10c off the actual temp.

the cooler you bought should work fine. did you thoroughly clean the chipset and heatsink with isopropyl alcohol and then apply new thermal compound before mounting the cooler?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-cooler-master-chipset-cooler-running-hot.53796/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello,

Do you guys think that Cooler Master V8 CPU cooler will fit in a regular full tower case. Its not a branded/famous case, just a normal full tower with handle on top.

Thanks for your answers.

Relevancy 74.39%

I wish to find a suitable cooler for my HP Z600.The original part it is no longer available.In fact I wish to change both of them, the original one it is already 5 years old.So if you have some experience , maybe you can help me.Bolt connection it is a square 80 mm.The spring bolt a 3mm?The original cooler has a height of 95mmThe space to insert the cooler, betwen socket 0 and 1, it is also different.From my point of view even U3 cooler it is too big.

A:Cooler Xeon 5500-HP Z600

Try eBay: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xz600+heat+sink.TRS... /Roger

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Cooler-Xeon-5500-HP-Z600/td-p/5145718
Relevancy 73.53%

I just got the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Cooler today, easily installed and really good. Well better than stock cooler.

Hyper 212 Plus - Cooler Master - Leading Provider of Computer Case | Cooler | Power Supply

Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus review

The 1 fan which is mounted is intake.

If i were to install another fan to make it dual fan, would both be intake or would one be exhaust and intake etc. As in going with the push pull flow?????

A:Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Cooler

Quote: Originally Posted by rmw020

I just got the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Cooler today, easily installed and really good. Well better than stock cooler.

Hyper 212 Plus - Cooler Master - Leading Provider of Computer Case | Cooler | Power Supply

Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus review

The 1 fan which is mounted is intake.

If i were to install another fan to make it dual fan, would both be intake or would one be exhaust and intake etc. As in going with the push pull flow?????

I have the 212+ as well. You'd want one push and 1 pull. Also, make sure the 2nd fan moves the same amount of air as the 1st, or you'll create a bottleneck of sorts. But with 2 fans that have equal airflow, you will notice a drop in temps. But there will be more noise, unless you change both fans to a quiet fan like Noctua's. A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/125862-cooler-master-hyper-212-plus-cooler.html
Relevancy 67.51%

On average, a silver compound will hang a few degree's C lower than a compound that is composed of grease. Reason, metal conducts heat better, but its not as conductive, as true metal. In fact, both greases and silver compounds and such conduct alike. But if your temps are a huge issue, get a silver compound, they are formulated to align during bonding, which helps create a much easier transfer of heat. its only a dollar or so more, and its all I use, I'd go for it.

A:Cooler master

Only one

For performance, reliability, and all-around good looks, Arctic Silver is the ONLY contestant. :grinthumb

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooler-master.44547/
Relevancy 67.51%

Purchased Cooler Master #DP5-6131D and ready to install but instructions are not clear. It says to apply Heat Sink Silicone Compound but not sure if this goes on the whole surface or if you leave the little square in the center clear of compound.

A:Cooler Master

The compound is applied to match the raised area on the CPU called the die. All you need is an extremely thin layer to make contact with the die.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cooler-master.338703/
Relevancy 66.65%

I was very disappointed to find my Cooler Master Hyper 48 CPU fan wouldn't work on an AM2 motherboard. After much searching I found an adaptor. $2.99 for the bracket and $8.54 to ship.

http://www.svc.com/am2rm-revc.html

David

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cooler-master-hyper-48-cpu-fan.786725/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello, i have AMD phenom II x4 955 BE processor. i have replaced the stock fan because of the huge noise and the bad cooling with a new Cooler Master hyper 212 plus(Hyper 212 Plus - Cooler Master - Leading Provider of Computer Case | Cooler | Power Supply) i noticed that it is a bit better for cooling but the noise is too high.
it is allowed to have 2 fans on both sides, i have only one fan now i bought it that way so if i buy the other fan and plug it in the other side will increase the cooling and lower the noise or make it worse noise?!
thank you

A:Cooler Master hyper 212 plus?

Two identical fans is going to make more noise than 1 fan.

You should use a single fan that blows air THROUGH the heatsink fins and TOWARD the rear of the case, where you probably have an exhaust fan.

That heatsink is generally well-regarded for cooling purposes, but I'm not sure about how quiet it is.

You may have just had bad luck and got a noisy example of the fan.

Or that particular fan may just be noisier than you like.

My advice: replace with another fan KNOWN to be quiet: low to medium speed Nexus, Yate Loon, or Scythe, for example.

Make sure you have mounted the heatsink and fan to blow air as I described above.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/151268-cooler-master-hyper-212-plus.html
Relevancy 66.65%

While I don't have a problem with the CM HAF case that I bought years ago I can't say the same for the fans that came with it So far the rear mm exhaust and the mm top blow hole fans have failed and also a mm fan that came with my CM Hyper TX CPU cooler I'll never buy a CM fan again I know that fans don't last forever but I have fans far older that these that are still spinning I'm replacing these with Noctua fans in hopes that they live up to their reputation and last much much longer Unfortunately that is somewhat expensive so if they don't I may consider water cooling not that that is cheap either Fans Master Cooler I just went through the product list at Noctua and it appears that they don't make a mm fan so I need a good one from some Cooler Master Fans place else is there any My only alternative is to replace the mm with dual mm fans which Noctua does make I imagine that these would be somewhat noisier than the single large fan but how would the CFM compare

A:Cooler Master Fans

Review - What's the best supersize case fan? | bit-tech.net

Antec Big Boy!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/164009-cooler-master-fans.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I was planning to buy this cabinet,then I noticed that it has only 2 USB 2.0 slots(front)..
I was just wondering how people use this case when a mouse and keyboard each takes up one USB slot,thereby leaving nothing for a phone,external hdd,gamepad etc
Any help would be appreciated

A:Cooler Master Elite 431

You would ordinarily use the I/O USB ports that show at the back of the case which are directly connected to the motherboard. So when you choose your motherboard, pay attention to number and type of USB ports the motherboard provides and decide accordingly. If you need more, you can buy a USB hub or install a PCI or PCI-E add on card for more USB ports.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooler-master-elite-431.187758/
Relevancy 66.65%

At the college i am training we have the above desktop which keeps shutting down unexpectedly, all connections are fine and it is not over heating. any advice would be helpful

Relevancy 66.65%

Hi all.. im currently using this Cooler Master GX 550W Bronze 80 Plus PSU with my current rig.. I don't know but for some reason people here saying that this PSU sucks and is known for damaging hardware. So tell me should I buy a new one that is better than this? or does anyone have any Good/Bad experiences with GX Series PSU's Please Help!

Reason i'm asking is im worried. I just recently build a new rig and I don't want to fry any of the components due to the malfunctioning of the PSU! Also I heard a strange kind of noise that came only once from the Rig side.. it wasn't a beep but it sounded like thin and sharp noise like pooooooiiiiinnnngg.. don't know if it came from the board or the psu or any other thing... but PC kept running fine.

A:Cooler Master GX 550W

That is a decent psu, but is on the lower end of their models. Looking at your specs you have a good build. I would get a better psu, and keep it as a back up for testing. Corsair and Seasonic are good choices, others will add more. The psu is one component you do not want to cut corners on. I would go for a modular one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/300694-cooler-master-gx-550w.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello. I just ordered a new heatsink for my Core 2 Quad Q9550 at stock clocks (2.83GHz), and I was wondering if anybody else had any experience with this heatsink. Any advice would be useful because this will be my first aftermarket heatsink. If you could provide installation tips or stuff like that, that'd be good too. Thanks.

A:Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus

Two things. First, understand that if your Intel CPU was a retail version that came with an Intel supplied heatsink fan (HSF) assembly, then according Intel's CPU policy, using a 3rd party cooler voids the warranty! Also note that damage attributed to overclocking is not covered under any CPU, motherboard, or cooler warranty either, regardless any overclocking features or software provided by motherboard makers. Certainly, this is not a concern for some enthusiasts. But it is a concern for many others, and everyone should be aware of it.Intel CPU Warranty Information (my bold added)Intel warrants the Product (defined as the boxed Intel? processor and the accompanying thermal solution)... ... if the Product is properly used and installed, for a period of three (3) years. This Limited Warranty does NOT cover:• damage to the Product due to external causes, including accident, problems with electrical power, abnormal electrical, mechanical or environmental conditions, usage not in accordance with product instructions, misuse, neglect, alteration, repair, improper installation, or improper testing; OR
• any Product which has been modified or operated outside of Intel's publicly available specifications
Note that is NOT my opinion, I am just the messenger making sure you are aware of Intel's policy. For AMD readers, they have the same policies about overclocking and the use of 3rd party HSF assemblies on CPUs that come supplied with OEM HSF assemblies.

Second, the proper use of TIM is essential. Here's my canned text on that:

An often misunderstood and sometimes overlooked critical hardware component is thermal interface material or TIM. TIM is typically seen as a thermal pad on a CPU heatsink, or in paste form. It may also be called thermal grease, silicon grease, heat transfer compound, thermal paste, heat sink compound, goop, and probably more.

The 4 Most Common Heatsink Fan (HSF) Assembly Mounting Mistakes:Failure to use TIM
Used too much TIM
Reused old TIM
Did not clean mating surfaces thoroughly before applying TIM
The purpose of TIM is to ensure all the microscopic pits and valleys in the CPU die and heatsink mating surfaces are void of heat trapping air, maximizing surface to surface contact. Any excess is too much and gets in the way, and can actually be counterproductive to the heat transfer process.

Materials Needed: One clean plastic shaft Q-Tip (cotton swab), acetone or 91% isopropyl alcohol (note - most rubbing alcohol is 70% and leaves a film, 91% alcohol can be found at your local drug store), clean scissors, can of compressed air, and the TIM. I recommend one of the new generations of non-metallic TIMs such as Tuniq TX-2 or AC MX-2, or the venerable silver based TIM, Arctic Silver 5.

WARNING: Keep yourself grounded with the case to ensure there is no static buildup and discharge that might destroy any electrostatic discharge (ESD) sensitive devices. It is important to realize that the "threshold for human awareness" for a static shock is higher than the tolerance of ESD sensitive devices. In other words, you can shock and destroy a CPU, RAM module, or other sensitive device without even knowing there was a static discharge! Use an anti-static wrist-strap or frequently touch bare metal on the case to maintain your body at the same potential as chassis (case) ground.

Preparation: Power off and unplug the computer from the wall. Cut off one cotton swap near the end. Bend the plastic shaft about 1/2 inch from the cut end to make a nice little hockey stick. This is the working end of your TIM application device. Clean the die and heat sink mating surfaces with a soft, lint free cloth dampened (not dripping wet) with acetone or 91% alcohol. Do not let any fluids run down the sides of the CPU die. Clean skin oils from the working end of your applicator with the alcohol dampened cloth. Blast the surfaces with a quick blast of compressed air to ensure the surfaces ar... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/44850-cooler-master-hyper-212-plus.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I am using the Cooler Master Aero and I am trying to get the most 4 Cooler Aero Master speed out of the fan possible I am not concerned with noise levels and the website says it can range from rpm According to my Cooler Master Aero 4 ASUS Probe the fan is spinning around How do I increase the speed of the fan The knob that is on the back of my comp that connects to it is turned all the way up hxxp www coolermaster com index php LT english amp Language s amp url place product amp p serial Cooler Master Aero 4 ISB-V amp other Cooler Master Aero 4 title ISB-V Aero MB ASUS P P DELUXE SPRINGDALE RT POWER SUPPLY ANTEC TRUE ATX RTL CPU P CGHz M P K HT RT DDRAM MBTWINX - C COR RT HD GB WD R WD JB MB-CACHE HD GB WD WD GD MB CDRW LITEON X X X LTR- S BK SOUND BLASTER AUDIGY PCI SB CPUFAN COOLERMASTER ISB-V AR RT Raedon Pro MB nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cooler-master-aero-4.307542/
Relevancy 66.65%

what will happen if you are using a APC Back-UPS RS VA V with Cooler master extreme power w RP- -PCAR PSU the label behind my UPS says it has a A max output where as my PSU s input requirement is A Vac i have been using this setup for almost years but now my UPS has stopped working After powering on the UPS continuously beeps and the red quot overload quot indicator starts flashing the technical support confirmed its a permenant damage and requires replacement the website has conflicting information on the ammpere rating the manual and the 500 Cooler amperage? PSU Master rear www apcmedia com salestools Cooler Master 500 PSU amperage? ASTE- Z V E R EN pdf of my UPS mentions it s A but the technical specs here www apc com resource include techspec index Cooler Master 500 PSU amperage? cfm base sku BR -IN says the output is A now which is right and where can i find the exact details of my UPS tried to contact the online chat support but there is no representative and the email response link is also down so could low ampere ouput cause damages to PSU after the replacement can i continue using the same UPS or should i choose a higher specification model please help Vivek sorry this is a double post i changed the subject which resulted in a duplicate post nbsp

A:Cooler Master 500 PSU amperage?

The 6A rating you see as part of the technical specs is for the connectors, not for the output power of the UPS IMO.

Insufficient power will not damage your PSU as much as it will damage your UPS via an overload. This is probably why it is not working anymore and the "Overload" light is flashing. Your PSU will try to pull as much power as it needs to convert to DC, and nothing more. Have you recently upgraded your system with a more powerful GPU, CPU or more HDDs? That may be the reason for the overload.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooler-master-500-psu-amperage.130551/
Relevancy 66.65%

I was looking at a Cooler Master CM Stacker this evening at Fry's and liked it except for one thing.

It does not come with a power supply and when I looked at the power supply enclosure inside the computer, it looked like it was very small.

The height is quite a bit smaller than any power supply that they had in stock.

Is anyone using this case that can tell me a good power supply to put in these cases?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cooler-master-cases.451519/
Relevancy 66.65%

I am using the Cooler Master Aero and I am trying to get the most speed out of the fan possible I am not concerned with Master 4 Aero Cooler noise levels and the website says it can range from rpm According to my ASUS Probe the fan is spinning around How do I increase the speed of the fan The knob that is on the back of my comp that connects to it is turned all the way up hxxp www coolermaster com index php LT english amp Language s amp url place product amp p serial ISB-V amp other title ISB-V Aero MB ASUS P P DELUXE SPRINGDALE RT POWER SUPPLY ANTEC TRUE ATX RTL CPU P CGHz M P K HT RT DDRAM Cooler Master Aero 4 MBTWINX - C COR RT HD GB WD R Cooler Master Aero 4 WD JB MB-CACHE HD GB WD WD GD MB CDRW LITEON X X X LTR- S BK SOUND BLASTER AUDIGY PCI SB CPUFAN COOLERMASTER ISB-V AR RT Raedon Pro MB nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

hye.,i need some advise on choosing the cooling system for my cpu,.need something that is quite at full speed and can keep my cpu cool as im going to overclock it later..any idea which one should i choose between these cooler master v10/v8/v6R/v6GT..
if theres any other ideas..im glad to hear it from you guys..

A:Cooler master v10/v8/v6R/v6GT

What are your computers specs? CPU, motherboard, memory type and speed and power supply?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooler-master-v10-v8-v6r-v6gt.174110/
Relevancy 66.65%

Is my fan supposed to spin constantly all the time or no?
The reason I am asking is because it isn't. Watch the short 1 minute video I made, explains it all in detail.

Cooler Master 212 Plus Fan Issue - YouTube

Thanks for your help!
Sean

Relevancy 66.65%

How does one do this? I have a cpu fan error on bootup so I cleaned the inside of the pc w/compressed air but still got the error. The heatsink is huge and CM's site doesn't say how to replace it. I've been told that, in general, you just remove 2 screws but then read somewhere else you need to actually remove the cooler from the motherboard, which is hard to believe to just get to a fan.

---------

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 2, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 4 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 4093 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series , 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 305242 MB, Free - 220825 MB; D: Total - 715401 MB, Free - 636440 MB; L: Total - 476937 MB, Free - 282938 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., Crosshair III Formula, Rev 1.xx, 101600350000502
Antivirus: AntiVir Desktop, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 65.79%

I plan to buy new PSU for my build I5-2400+GTS450
Is this cooler master good?
anyone has it and can tell is it reliable? Is one 12v rail good or bad.. i was reading some reviews and still am confused

A:Cooler master GX-450W good?

That will run $60- at newegg. Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER GX 450W RS450-ACAAD3-US 450W ATX12V v2.31 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

Ironically for the same price I just picked up a pair of Corsair CX600 model 600w supplies onsale until last wednesday one now in use on the old Antec 900 Vista case running Vista there and the second for a new 7 Pro mini tower case about to be fired up later today. Still waiting the last two items to finish that one up.

As for a 450w model it will mainly depend on how much hardware and what hardwares it will be used for. For a minimum stock case it will meet the minimum requirements. But for any ocing or placing heavy demands on it you may want to consider a larger model supply with more then one rail as well as more connections.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/242183-cooler-master-gx-450w-good.html
Relevancy 65.79%

COOLER MASTER Hyper Plus RR-B - P-G amp Heatpipe Direct Contact amp Long Life Sleeve mm CPU Cooler Compatible with Intel amp amp and AMD FM amp FM Replacement? COOLER Cracked MASTER fan. amp AM amp - Newegg com COOLER MASTER Hyper Plus RR-B - P-G quot Heatpipe Direct Contact quot Long Life Sleeve mm CPU Cooler Compatible with Intel and AMD FM FM AM Last night i was putting together a new rig and accidentally cracked the mm CPU fan attached to my heatsink After searching on newegg for a fan replacement not an COOLER MASTER Cracked fan. Replacement? entire heatsink fan combo I found myself unable to locate a mm fan that is meant for CPU ONLY Can someone help me find a mm CPU fan that definitely has the clamps that attached to a heatsink I don't want to waste on something that I'm just going to have COOLER MASTER Cracked fan. Replacement? to RMA I had a bad mobo and had to RMA it and I don't want newegg getting upset with me Thanks guys Bryan

A:COOLER MASTER Cracked fan. Replacement?

Look at this one:
EVERCOOL F-EC12025H12BP 120x120x25mm High Speed Double Ball Bearing Fan - Retail - Newegg.com

See if the specs. are similar to the cracked one you have.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/285176-cooler-master-cracked-fan-replacement.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I m in the process of building a new HAF a Cooler for Master 912 Case airflow help PC I have all the parts on order and they should arrive today I was looking at the case and a few other parts and got to thinking exactly how I should setup the airflow in the case Normally I would just do top back exhaust and side front intake The problem is I m Case airflow help for a Cooler Master HAF 912 using Corsair liquid cooling so that will take my Case airflow help for a Cooler Master HAF 912 back exhaust My question is with the case I have what type of fans should I use and where Also which fans should be exhaust and intake ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The case I m getting is a Cooler Master HAF The Liquid Cooling I m using is Corsair H I d link them for you but I currently cant link urls ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The case has the following slots in it for fans Cooling System -Front mm fan x or mm fan x -Top mm fan x or mm fan x -Rear mm fan x -Side mm or mm fan x It comes with two s obviously and I m putting the liquid cooling fan radiator in the back fan slot The problem with that is the radiator blocks one of the top slots so I can either go x mm on top or a mm on top I m putting a mm on the side of the case as well The case also comes with a mm in front and has room for another or you can swap the two mm s for a mm Here are my current thoughts on air layout -Rear Has to be intake for the liquid cooling radiator -Top Exhaust with a mm -Side Exhaust with a mm -Front Two intakes with two mm Oh I m also getting a RAM cooler G Skill Turbulence II FTB- C -D I dont know if that will affect how I m supposed to cool the case with the fans either hence the question here Any input as to what I should do with the fan slots I have left to fill and which ones should be intake exhaust would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Case airflow help for a Cooler Master HAF 912

The stock fans should be enough, but I have a feeling you are going to do a massive over-clock, so every piece of hardware will be affected. The rule is:
front fans blowing in
top fan blowing out
side fan blowing in

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/case-airflow-help-for-a-cooler-master-haf-912.170110/
Relevancy 65.79%

Looking for a new power supply for my grandson's computer. Am looking at this one.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171018

Price is right. Anyone have an experience with Cooler Master power supplies? I have always used Antec but have had a few problems with them lately. Thanks.

A:Cooler Master Power Supplies???????

CoolerMaster is an OK PSU as long as you don't load it too heavily. That unit has about a 70% efficiency rating so if you're needing no more than 300-350 watts continuous it should be fine

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cooler-master-power-supplies.570112/
Relevancy 65.79%

ok so im thinking of buying a new powersupply because i later need to buy a new GOOOOOOD graphics card i found this one and im wondering if its enough for a GOOOOD craphics card and w is enough for me Cooler Master PowerSupply GX Master 650W Cooler sufficient? (PSU) PSU GX W But for Cooler Master (PSU) GX 650W sufficient? some reason its extremely cheap for being W compared to the other ones i found heres some specs Compliance with the latest Intel standard ATX V V Single V rail for the most demanding SLI configurations High Cooler Master (PSU) GX 650W sufficient? efficiency design that meets Plus requirements typical Ultra-silent operation with intelligent mm Cooler Master (PSU) GX 650W sufficient? fan speed control Multiple protection design OVP UVP OPP OTP SCP High reliability MTBF gt hours Double Layer EMI Filter restrains noise and injury to end-user Huge bulk capacitor for hold up time gt ms at full loading Integrating Active PFC with PWM combo controller not only make PFC higher than but also raises efficiency Efficient transformer for reducing Vsb power loss when the system is at turn-off and sleep modes Why so cheap and another thing is will it fit in my HP p sc computer Here is its hardware website with computer information http h www hp com ewfrf wc ol amp query hp p sc amp product amp key null thank you for any help provided nbsp

A:Cooler Master (PSU) GX 650W sufficient?

Should fit fine, but there might be better PSUs, and you might not need so much power either.

Can't comment on why its cheap, but where are you located, and what is your budget?

Also, what graphics card are you wanting to power from it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooler-master-psu-gx-650w-sufficient.165651/
Relevancy 65.79%

What is everyone's opinion on this case?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119233

I need it to fit an ATX mobo, which I know it will, a GTX 660, and a Cougar 1000w PSU which I already own.

A:Solved: Cooler Master Case

Its a very good and popular case, 82% of the 1,410 reviews/owners gave it full 5 eggs on Newegg too.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cooler-master-case.1105664/
Relevancy 65.79%

I'm a complete noob when it comes to computers Background on my issue I was running 330 Cooler drivers? Master Elite on Windows Vista Home basic I think when AVG detected a virus I closed my other applications as I was about to go out anyway and ran a scan full scan with malwarebyte's anti-malware I then went out and walked my dog When I returned my computer had rebooted I logged on and for some reason explorer did not load I opened malwarebytes again via the task manager whilst it was scanning I also decided to look for a process that may have previously caused the reboot I noticed there were TWO coppies of crss exe running so chances are one was the virus As processes run in RAM and neither had any info I decided I'd end the first one if it wasn't that I could restart and end the nd next time I kill the process get BSOD and then my computer rebooted however wouldn't load It loaded to an empty command line with no text I waited a small while nothing changed I rebooted again nothing I asked online and was told I needed to format and re-install OS However I had lost the installation disc for vista vista sucks anyway so I got myself a copy of Windows ultimate -bit I've got GB RAM My problem Upon loading the disc booting from disc obviously as I could not boot from the HDD I accept the terms blah blah blah select quot custom install advanced quot You coulda just put quot fresh install quot btw and it takes me to a form where I have to select the driver Except it's blank and can't find anything As I said I'm a complete noob with technology however I do believe drivers are the software required to run hardware My computer model is the title thread but I have no discs for that I really don't know what I'm supposed to Cooler Master Elite 330 drivers? do can someone please help me out Thanks

A:Cooler Master Elite 330 drivers?

We need your system specs please....Cooler Master/Elite 330 is your case.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/139453-cooler-master-elite-330-drivers.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Need to know why I cant get this to work. Even wathced a youtube video on nhow to do it and it still wont work. I am trying to use it with a Q6600 that I know works. but I just installed the backplate to the underneath of the board, then attached the mounting plate to the HSF and the top of the board. Turned it on and NOTHING. No video at all. Fans ALL whir up and run, but no pic. Any idea why it wont work??

Relevancy 65.79%

I have a Cooler Master Centurion 5 CAC-T05 case (http://www.techfuels.com/attachment...er-master-centurion-5-cac-t05-case-system.jpg) and I've never managed to get the lights on the front working properly. There is a hard drive light and a power on light, and I'm just not sure where they are supposed to be plugged in on the mobo. The mobo is an Asus M2NPV-VM.

Thanks.

A:Lights on Cooler Master Case

See page 1-38 (Page 50 in Acrobat Reader)

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socketAM2/M2NPV-VM/e2806_m2npv-vm.pdf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lights-on-cooler-master-case.960305/
Relevancy 65.79%

I am putting together a new build with a hyper 212 plus and some corsair vengeance memory that goes right beside it. The problem is that the hyper 212 extends slightly into the 1st slot of memory. The vengeance memory is way too high with the heatsink on it. What can I do? Can I put the fan on the cooler to pull instead of push or will I lose some cooling? Do I need to get different memory? Can I take of the heatsink on the first stick? Thanks.

A:Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus question

Looking at that memory, it looks like there's a little tab/hole/thing to pry the heatsink off. Don't force it, because you might cause damage. But if you can get it off gently, the RAM should operate fine without it.

I'm not sure about the difference between push/pull cooling, but I think you might lose some efficiency if you set your fan to pull from the other side. I've seen several dual-fan coolers that have a fan on both sides, but every single-fan cooler I've seen has a fan pushing air, not pulling, There's probably a reason for that.

You could also try turning your cooler so it faces another way. This might mean disrupting the airflow though.

But yeah, don't force the heatsink off. If it doesn't behave, you might want to pick different memory, or a different cooler.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooler-master-hyper-212-plus-question.173178/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have an old cabinet, but I'm thinking of buying Cooler Master Gladiator 600 (it's the only budget option available in my hometown). What I've been thinking is will Corsair VX450W psu's cords be long enough to re-route the wires (The case has system for bottom mounted psu)?

A:Cooler Master Gladiator 600+PSU question

Think you will find that this is one of those that you're just going to have to try it and see. You could measure how long the 24 pin and 4 pin motherboard cables are, and then using the new cases dimensions measure from the sockets to roughly where the power supply will be mounted. If they aren't long enough you will need one of each of these (if you can find them locally),

Newegg.com - Athena Power 12" P4-12V (4Pin) connector Extension Cable. Model Cable-AD09 - Cables

Newegg.com - Athena Power 12" EPS (24Pin) connector Extension Cable Model Cable-AD08 - Cables

so that they will reach.

Edit: Just found this,

300W to 450W: 20 Power Supplies on the Test Bench - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

which shows that the cables on your PSU are ~24" long, which should make them more than long enough. About the only thing I can see is you may want one of those 4 pin extensions, as due to the location of the block on the motherboard without one you may find you have to snake it under the video card as I don't think it will be long enough on its own to run it up the front (and out of the way).

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/143924-cooler-master-gladiator-600-psu-question.html
Relevancy 65.79%

My specs are

Pentium 521
ECS PF4 extreme
2 x 512mb Syncmax ddr2 533mhz
Forsa 256mb 6600
Samsung 160gb Sata
Seagate 60gb Pata
Nec 2500a
Cooler Master Rs-430-PMAR

Recently built the above system and every thing is all fine. I do a lot of video/audio conversions + downloading continuously for 24hrs and have the computer on for many days even wks without ever having a problem.

However, recently i notice some funny readings from speedfan v4.25 on the 12 voltage...it read:

Vcore: 1.33v
+12v: 5.65v
3.3v: 3.34v
Vcc: 4.99v
Vin2: 0.00v
5Vsb: 4.93v
Vbat: 0.00v

does that mean i have a faulty psu or is it normal cos the 12v is on 2 railings and speedfan is only reading one of them?

i also read that theres a software that can stress test a psu....i cant recall the name but i think it begins with the letter o, any one has an idea?

thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooler-master-rs-430-pmar-playing-up.33262/
Relevancy 65.79%

I was debating between a laptop docking station and a high-power cooling pad rigged as a docking station Well after some searching I found the Cooler Master SF with USB and decided to get it I've already noticed huge temperature drops while gaming Whereas my Sandy Bridge i would hit - C while gaming it's now only hitting - C while pics/review Master Cooler - SF 19 gaming Anyway here are some pics with a storyline review The box itself was a testament to the word quot massive quot which is what I would use to describe this cooling pad Opening the lid of the box I noticed there are three velcro quot tabs quot as if the box is meant to be used over and over Hmmm Maybe the words quot arming the gaming revolution quot were meant to actually mean something The cooling surface itself is massive measuring about inches across The entire cooling pad at it's widest is just over inches wide The lights though you can change the color are more annoying than cool if you ask me because they quot pulse Cooler Master SF 19 - pics/review quot and there is no setting for a steady on Despite weighing over lbs this thing feels extraordinarily flimsy when you're holding it though I am sure it's actually well-constructed The raised grey areas are rubber the mesh is some sort of metal and the rest is plastic Off to the right you see the included USB A to micro B cable in it's bag The SF makes use of two mm fans with a stepless speed controller to run them anywhere from rpm to rpm While it's running hard it does generate a lot of noise so I wouldn't recommend running it Cooler Master SF 19 - pics/review hard late at night if you have roommates who are sleeping However the fans are fully replaceable and Cooler Master SF 19 - pics/review moveable Also there are hookups for up to fans so I'm sure that if you were absolutely determined you could perform mad scientist surgery and somehow squeeze four mm fans in there not sure if you would want to though I'm thinking of getting quieter fans that have LEDs built in for some cooler lighting effects but I'm not sure if I would be compromising cooling power to do so The SF includes a built-in -port USB hub with a micro B-cable port for going between the laptop and the hub Now I'm ready to set it up like the docking station I want it to be Setting the laptop on the pad I start to hook up cables I had a -port USB hub left over from a while back that I decided to incorporate into my design just for sake of finding a use for the hub Here the quot dock quot is complete at least for now This totals ports USB available and ports USB available I may include a HDMI splitter at some point but since I have nothing to hook the HDMI up to I'm fine for now All in all I'm impressed by the SF so far I'll see how well it holds up in the long run but considering it's going to be sitting on my desk permanently I doubt anything will happen to it The SF comes in two options USB and USB I got USB which costs a fair amount extra because my laptop has USB and I wanted to maximize the use of it Behind the laptop I have a plug strip for powering the cooling pad laptop and -port USB hub The SF uses a V AC adapter that plugs into your wall or plug strip I find that it elevates the laptop in such a way that is more erganomic for typing as well Anyway feel free to add in your own comments to this thread ask questions etc I would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants a great cooling pad for at home something they're intending to leave set up in one place For anyone who is a hardcore gamer this is your cooler and if you don't mind hauling around a beast of a cooling pad to gaming conventions then this is for you This won't fit in a messenger bag or backpack unless you go to bigbadbags com and pay a rather exorbitant amount for one of theirs If you do get this for home use I'd recommend also having a smaller cooling pad that you can take with you on the go That's what I use my Thermaltake Massive LX for Cheers Also if you found this rev... Read more

A:Cooler Master SF 19 - pics/review

Thanks for taking your time for reviewing this kbronski!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/164460-cooler-master-sf-19-pics-review.html
Relevancy 65.36%

What are your thoughts on this new case from CM i like it but am not sure weather i should get it or not.

A:Cooler Master CM Storm Series Trooper

no thoughts on this case?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooler-master-cm-storm-series-trooper.172611/
Relevancy 65.36%

I'm curious if there are any places around the internet where I can buy some Cooler Master SATA power cables? I went to Cooler Master's site, and although it's $4 if I remember correctly, it was about $20 in total to bring it here to Calgary. Kind of expensive, I was looking for something cheaper.

I guess when I had my system built, the store forgot to give me the power supply box. They told me it didn't come with a box, which most power supplies do come in one with all the accessories.

A:Cooler Master SATA power cables

From looking at your system specs it says that you have a Corsair PSU and a Cooler Master Case. So, I'm going to assume you are talking about the accessory box for the case. I believe you can go to their web site and do an online chat. Just tell them you bought one of their cases that was missing the accessory box and ask them if they could send you one. You may get lucky. But, be aware that Cooler Master is not known for quick customer service.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/158947-cooler-master-sata-power-cables.html
Relevancy 65.36%

So basicly the title says it I have my cooler master case w o the side window and ive been wanting to add some more fans to it I was wondering how much would if benefit if I added more side fans mm as in cooler temperatures for my pc mainly I want to add these to the case will I benefit from them at all http www coolermaster com product Detail cooling case-fan sickleflow-x-non-led html or with the led probably and another question I have my cpu which is oced to and the temps arent that hot as I never rly go that intesive unless im playing cpu bound games like gw in the heavy parts on wvw I was wondering if there was a good air cooler for my intel i - k it currently runs on but I w/o window Cooler Master 431 Side Cooling wish Cooler Master 431 w/o Side window Cooling to push it abit more could u list some good air coolers on the euro margin the hyper evo is in my mind but will it be enough nbsp

A:Cooler Master 431 w/o Side window Cooling

That is a good cooler, but I personally like at your budget range the Thermaltake CLP0575 Frio http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835106178

But either will do you fine for 4.0ghz on a 3570k

As for more airflow, adding more fans can help, but make sure to just focus on having a good overall flow through the case which will be a huge benefit in general.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooler-master-431-w-o-side-window-cooling.192814/
Relevancy 65.36%

Edit: The color scheme will be red, to match ROG Formula VI, changed it after wanting the above mobo over Gigabyte z87 X OC (WC features of ROG, yes pls! )

Project Name: Furnace
Why? Well because Haswell CPUs tend to run quite hot, which is great for the winter time ^^
The whole color scheme is orange and black/grey as well as the case on its own looks rather like a Furnace.

System Components:

CASE: Coolermaster Cosmos 2 / MOBO: ROG Formula VI / CPU: i7 4770k / GPU: EVGA 780 3GB / RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400Mhz (?) /
/ PSU: OCZ ZX Series 850W 80+ GOLD / BOOT: Samsung 840 256GB /

Outer Design:

Annotation:

Thoughts/Suggestions:

To be my first modding project, well at least large one as this.

A:[Casemod] Cooler Master Cosmos 2 - Project #1

That is awesome.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/casemod-cooler-master-cosmos-2-project-1.193483/
Relevancy 65.36%

will any version of the ati 5870 fit in my coolermaster scout case without any modification to the case itself, e.g cutting up the hard drive bay. I have measured a space of 27.8cm but that might be inaccurate so i need to make sure. this asus edition is apparently 10.5 inches which would fit.
(can anyone confirm this?)

thanks

A:ATI 5870 fit in a Cooler Master Scout case?

Hi Alster,
I do not think it will. The scout (storm) has a divider that extends below the HDD cage all the way to the bottom of the case.

opps scratch that, I have 5970 on the brain

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-5870-fit-in-a-cooler-master-scout-case.150934/
Relevancy 65.36%

i want to install cooler master V10 in mid tower case..but im confused which one to pick between Cooler Master Storm Scout Black and Cooler Master HAF 912

does anybody have any idea which one should i pick.??

A:Cooler Master case recommendation needed please

The HAF 912 would be my pick... more of them out there... more in service for Cooler Master to learn from.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooler-master-case-recommendation-needed-please.174194/
Relevancy 65.36%

I have used the stock cooler on my Master vs. Hyper HSF stock Intel 48 Cooler j for some time now I ve had good results but the noise level is bit too much Now I have this very large and heavy copper HSF with a mm fan A Cooler Master Hyper I ran a test with my stock HSF I booted up at Intel stock HSF vs. Cooler Master Hyper 48 my GHz Vcore x and ran idle for awhile then at full load Stock Intel HSF I then Installed the Cooler Master I had to remove the motherboard to install a back plate than the HSF is screwed down too Then I ran the same test It comes with a replacement bracket for both socket and Athlon It will clamp down to the regular bracket but as Intel stock HSF vs. Cooler Master Hyper 48 heavy as it is the back plate is required Cooler Master Hyper After week The noise levels are lower with the Hyper but still much louder than a Arctic Cooling Freezer The Cooler Master s overall performance is a disappointment so far I hope that once the heat sink compound cures performance will increase over the Intel unit I may also replace the Intel stock HSF vs. Cooler Master Hyper 48 mm fan with a more quiet one The Hyper gets ZERO green bouncies nbsp

A:Intel stock HSF vs. Cooler Master Hyper 48

if you're looking for silence, you need to move up from air cooling

i prefer water cooling, but you can buy fan-less heat pipe coolers as well (they are huge though.. lol)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-stock-hsf-vs-cooler-master-hyper-48.49198/
Relevancy 65.36%

I've recently acquired a Cooler Master Seidon 120v and am currently trying to install it on my ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Gaming motherboard. I've connected the pump to the first chassis fan and the radiator to the first CPU fan slot. Upon booting to the BIOS my CPU temperature keeps rising, I've seen it go as far as 80 degrees, at which point I just turn the PC off. I set all fans to full speed. Thermal paste is applied well. Either the pump doesn't work or I just can't hear it. Any suggestions?

A:Cooler Master Seidon 120v not cooling

To add some information, my stock Intel fan worked well and reduced temperatures to about 60 degrees under load. Now it increases without any limit in the BIOS screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cooler-master-seidon-120v-not-cooling.1170070/
Relevancy 64.5%

Need really quick answer-because i make error(or whatever ) So thing is i had buy cooler master seidon 240M
cpu cooler. My case is cooler master HAF912 it is good,but too small for my new cpu cooler.
I have found Cooler master CM Storm Trooper case.Good price.
So is it really compatible with cooler master seidon 240M case???
Any suggestions?? thank you

A:Cooler Master Seidon 240M and compatible case

Have a look at some of these

Corsair Obsidian Series PC Cases ? Rugged steel meets the subtle elegance of brushed aluminum in these world-class computer cases designed to be the foundation of amazing systems

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/308444-cooler-master-seidon-240m-compatible-case.html
Relevancy 64.5%

My last questions have not gotten ONE reply on this site so I ve pretty much been posting on another tech support site but thought I d give this ONE more try I don t know if I ve been blackballed or something I used to come here for everything -------------------------- I m putting in a Corsair H and have Removing in cooling--HELP Solved: to Master water put V8 Cooler never done this before The system came w the Cooler Master so I obviously didn t put it in and don t know how to remove it All the tutorials I find are on removing the fan which helps me NOT I assume after I remove the whole thing and it s huge that I have to clean off the cpu of the thermal Solved: Removing Cooler Master V8 to put in water cooling--HELP paste What do Solved: Removing Cooler Master V8 to put in water cooling--HELP I use And the instructions that come w the new cooler are just pics I m so pissed off right now I could kick a kitten and I love animals Could someone please have the patience enough to walk me through removing this thing and putting on the new one The ppl I ve called that may be able to help can t due to distance or schedule My system is overheating which is why the new cooler This is my info OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Phenom tm II X Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB L Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC Crosshair III Formula Rev xx Antivirus Avira Desktop Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

I have a cooler master storm scout case.
I have a 750 watt Power supply.

I live in institutionalized living conditions, (kong term medical recovery), where the air here is very very dry in the winter.

Lately I have been having issues with my computer turning on.

I press the power button and it goes up and down, but no power starts up.

I've checked the plug, even unplugged it at both ends. No good.

Only after I start moving the case around, to get access to the insides, does it start up.
Any ideas what might be causing this condition? Thanks.

A:cooler master storm scout will not power up issue

It sounds like you have a loose connection or are grounded to the case.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cooler-master-storm-scout-will-not-power-up-issue.964983/
Relevancy 64.07%

Which would you go with? Also I'm partial to MSI, Asus and GigaByte motherboards.
I like games like Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon. I do a lot of MP3's and I plan on getting the MSI nBox FX5900 Video card.
I want to keep it low priced sinse I'm getting such an expensive video card.

Thnx.
Jeff

A:AMD 64 or Dual XEON

I would still get a AthlonXP... AMD64's are still to new and expensive, and Dual XEON's are wayyyyyyyyyy to expensive and will not give you any noticiable improvements in gaming.

Untill amd64's get established, if you really want a dual cpu system, get a Dual Athlon MP one, they are far cheaper.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-64-or-dual-xeon.7993/
Relevancy 64.07%

Currently using a Dell SCSI Workstation with MB rambus memory amp single P-III processor SCSI K drives However no amount of adjusting memory or hardware configurations can turn this into a machine that can process two or three open graphics programs at once without crashing or just sitting there you probably know what I mean I use CorelDraw Adobe FrontPage amp other Web designing tools plus Lt CAD all graphics intensive programs by themselves and some need to be open together I want to BUILD a system that will currently handle quot Win XP Pro quot plus the above mentioned programs without causing me so much grief There is confusion about the set-up Two GHz Xeon processors with GB DDR memory on a WI- P Abit motherboard with a chipset vs one P- GHz with GB memory on a Intel or other motherboard with an chipset dito memory I have never build a system but keep office Dells all network running so I am not intimited by the Build-Process Any one who has first hand knowledge and has done a from scratch build I would appreciate any input Thanks A Vancortlandt nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-xeon-vs-p-4.221835/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello everyone,

Just wondering if XP can put a Dual Xeon system to good use.. or will it only use 1 processor?

Thanks,

Debi

A:XP on Dual Xeon

Windows XP supports up to 2 processors, so it will take advantage of the dual-xeons

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-on-dual-xeon-81466.html
Relevancy 64.07%

based off the responses i got when talking about a dual athlon mp system... it doesnt look so great. so i'm thinking of some other options. i've got a friend who does 3d animation and uses an older gateway server. It's got a dual xeon motherboard but he only uses one processor... when i had the chance of working on this system, it seemed REALLY fast. it could be that he had a SCSI drive that spun so fast you could hear it grind, or it could be that he did't have all the clutter on it and was running windows NT 4. but like i said, it was REALLY fast. i'm just asking for some thoughts on this because right now (besides the INSANE cost for a dual xeon motherboard) it seems like a viable option. thanks!

A:dual P2 XEON?

geez... no one here has ever used anything besides a p4 or athlon? :rolleyes:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-p2-xeon.1989/
Relevancy 63.64%

hello to all,
I am the proud owner of a new Cooler Master Storm Scout computer chassis.
Unfortunately, I have no idea how to use the LED fan lights! I thought I connected everything. But, the front panel button does nothing for the lights. I am supposed to be able to turn them on and off. The manual is useless. I have searched the internet but to no avail! Please help,
Any questions? Ask!
Regards-

A:Solved: Cooler Master Storm Scout Chassis LED Lights?

How many fans have lights? Also how many chords come out of the fans? Because I have a cooler master tower too w/ one blue 120mm LED fan that I plugged in and was perfect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cooler-master-storm-scout-chassis-led-lights.1002644/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi all,

I want a pc to use as a testbed at work, and will dual boot it with a server OS and XP Pro.

I was thinking of a EVO W6000 DUAL XEON 2.2GHz because i can get a refurbed one for £140, or
a Core2duo based rig (probably E2180, then OC it) which will mostly likely cost me double that.

Now, it is only a test rig, but i'd be insterested to know what you guys think will give greater performance out of the 2 rigs.

If i had a E6400 v dual Xeon 2.2, which would you favour (just comparing approximate like for like clock speeds here)

Also, would you recommend dual boots from the same hdd, or separate installs on separate hdd's. If separate then i may struggle with the EVO pc.

Thanks for any advice.

A:Dual Xeon v Core2Duo

If you all you are after is raw performance, then those Xeons in there are ancient (based on the first P4) and even a single Core 2 core with modern RAM can probably do faster than those two Xeons together.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-xeon-v-core2duo.93915/
Relevancy 63.21%

Anyone built a Dual Xeon system with Supermicro P4DP6 board before? It will not even power up at all on Supermicro, but runs fine on a Gigabyte 8IPXPR-C. According to Supermicro, a special Supermicro dual xeon Power supply must be used for it to power up. Anyone know if this is true? I don't want to go through the hassel with returns if this is bogus.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-xeon-cpu-with-supermicro-mb.104009/
Relevancy 63.21%

i just bought a INTEL SE7501WV2 dual xeon motherboard with 2 2.4ghz xeon processors.i want too use it as a home pc and was planning on just installing xp on there.i was wondering will it show up as a dual core in xp,and if it will still run fairly fast like the new dual core processors?thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dual-xeon-info-321370.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I have been offered the pick of either of two systems at work

first is a DELL Precision 530 with dual P4 1.7 Ghz Xeons

second is a DELL SC 430 with one dual core 3.2 Ghz CPU
both have the same size memory , both have the same hard drives in RAID 0

i do autocad from home office and moonlight with commodities / stock market trading applications

which is the better pick ? , i cant test them out until i sign for one of them.

A:which is better 2 x Xeon or 1 x dual core ?

I do not know too much about the differences of the two architectures, but from the basic info you provide, it seems the dual core option will be much better due to the massive clock speed difference. Also, the 2x Xeon is probably using an obsolete chipset that may not compete well with the dual core setup, therfore being a lesser performer.

From the little I know about the Intel Pentium D, they function in a similar fashion as a real 2x cpu setup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-is-better-2-x-xeon-or-1-x-dual-core.462809/
Relevancy 63.21%

I want some opinions of the idea of getting two Xeon 3040 and a server motherboard to make one hell of a powerfull machine. Bad idea or one that could be very fast

A:dual Xeon 3040

You might as well just buy a Dual core processor, it would be just as good and cheaper.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-xeon-3040.61226/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have got a Supermicro X5DA8 mainboard with two Xeon 2.8 GHz processors.
Would two of those processors
Intel Xeon CPU Processor 3.2 GHz 533 MHz
1MB 604 SL72Y as offered on ebay
Intel Xeon CPU Processor 3 2 GHz 533 MHz 1MB 604 SL72Y | eBay
work with my
mainboard?
Super Micro Computer, Inc. - Products | Motherboards | Xeon Boards | X5DA8

A:Xeon Dual Core 2.8GHz, can I easily upgrade to Dual Core 3.2GHz ?

Super Micro has no CPU support list that I could find for this board, nor in the manual. It may take a call or email to them to find out for sure.
I would be careful buying such used item from an eBay seller, check their return policies and reviews first.

Overall, from what little info I could find, it seems the 3,2GHz Xeons will work, but just a guess.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/289796-xeon-dual-core-2-8ghz-can-i-easily-upgrade-dual-core-3-2ghz.html
Relevancy 63.21%

So im planning a PSU upgrade for the future.

I have read some reviews on the Corsair HX series and also Coolermaster Silent pro Gold series. Both seem like pretty awesome PSUs only major differences I have read is rippling is lower with Corsair.

At this moment the Coolermaster Silent Pro Gold 1000W goes for $229AUD, and the HX-1050 is $265AUD online prices of course.

Anyone have any preferences between the two?

A:Thoughts? on Corsair HX-1050 vs Cooler Master Silent pro Gold 1000W

I've been using Corsair power supplies for years and have always been happy with their performance. That's a pretty good price on the Coolermaster and both are modular, tough call.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/thoughts-on-corsair-hx-1050-vs-cooler-master-silent-pro-gold-1000w.173579/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello.

I plan to build my own computer since the DELL gx280 have given hard time to me. The i5 process would like to be my system in this time. Here is the list what I estimate on ebay (mostly)

CPU: Intel Core 2 q9400 - $190 OR i5 - $200
CPU Fan: ???
M/B: Asus P5KPL-CM - $60 OR Intel DP55WB - $100
Ram: Kingston 4gb DDR2 800mhz - $60 OR DD3 -$70
Video: ATI Radeon 4850 - $124
HDD: Western Digital 500GB 32mb, 7200 rpm - $56
DVD-RW: LG DVD-RW - $31
CASE: standard ATX Tower with 500w power - $45

I have no idea about a CPU cooler. What I heard that the CPU cooler should be different ones depends on the M/B and case.
What kinds of cooler can I use for my system? Also how am I able to firgue that out?

Thanks.

A:Cooler for Core i5 processor with Intel board?

Fast Healthy Weight Loss

I plan to build my own computer since the DELL gx280 have given hard time to me.

burnfatlikeafurnace.com/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooler-for-core-i5-processor-with-intel-board.136168/
Relevancy 62.78%

I am currently running a Dell Precision 690 workstation at work and was thinking about adding another Xeon processor to improve performance when running Autodesk Inventor mechanical design software. The machine currently has one Intel Xeon 5150 @2.66Ghz and 4Gb of ram. I can't find anywhere that would tell me what sort of performance increase could be expected. Any info would be appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrade-to-dual-xeon-processors.1027128/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi guys,

I am trying to locate somewhere online where I can purchase one of the rubber feet for a
Cooler Master Storm Enforcer Mid Tower Case as one has fallen out during a recent move. The only places I can find online will only sell the whole case and not the parts.

Thanks in advance

A:Solved: New rubber foot for Cooler Master Storm Enforcer Mid Tower Case

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-rubber-foot-for-cooler-master-storm-enforcer-mid-tower-case.1117350/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello all..

Have a quick ? for you all...

I have installed Windows 7 on my IBM Intellistation machine which has 2 Intel 3.6Ghz Dual Core Xeon Processors. Here's my question...

In Device Mangler, it shows Processors>Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.60Ghz x 4. When I check Task Manager, it shows me the utilization of two processors.

Is this correct!? Should TM show 4 boxes instead of two!? Or is Windows 7 seeing everything okay?!

Thanks in advance!

A:Dual Core Xeon 3.6Ghz Processors

Which version of Win7 do you have?

It's not easy to find the information, but apparently you need Professional or Ultimate to use two physical sockets. Home Premium only supports one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/77667-dual-core-xeon-3-6ghz-processors.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hallo,

I have a strange problem on a HP z600 with dual Quadcore Xeon @2,93 Ghz with HT, OS is Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

CPU-z can see correctly two cpus with 4 cores but with only 4 threads.

I checked BIOS settings and I enabled HT and multi cpu support, than with CPU-z i can see only 1 processor with 4 cores and 8 threads.....

On msconfig>boot>advanced options>Number of processor the scroll-down show from 1 to 8 as maximum.

Testing with cinebench or frybench only 8 cores are working instead of 16.....

Where is the problem?

Relevancy 61.92%

I'm building a dual xeon machine and I need to find a couple of heatsinks that will fit on the newer xeon boards (where the processors are right next to each other) and will be as quiet as possible. When I've built dual xeon machines before, the stock heatsinks sound like a vacuum cleaner on overdrive. Thanks in advance,

Justin

Relevancy 61.92%

I want to upgrade my Supermicro X5DAL-TG2 mobo in order to accommodate a GeForce 7800 video card. I want to salvage as much of my existing system as possible: two Xeon 2.8s, 4x512 MB 180 pin Kingston RAM, Adaptec dual 160 SCSI controller card, NewTek VT card (32 bit PCI). Which dual Xeon board would you recommend?

A:Upgrade a dual Xeon mobo to add PCI Express

as usual... im a MSI lover... so ill recommend you the followin MoBo with its Specs...

http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=E7520_Master-S2M&class=spd

12 in (L) x 13 in (W), SSI EEB 3.0 form factor
? 8 DIMMs w/ DDR266 up to 32GB or 8 DIMMs w/ DDR 333 upto 24GB
? 1 PCI; 2 PCI-X(100MHz): 1 PCI-X (133MHz); 2 PCI-E 8X
? SCSI interface Adaptec AIC-7902 Ultra-320; Support Dual channel SCSI Ultra 320; Support Adaptec ZCR (Zero-Channel RAID)
? Dual Gb LAN; On board graphic; MSI server management IPMI 1.5

Remember to check you socket type in order to get the right one...

Regards from Panama

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-a-dual-xeon-mobo-to-add-pci-express.41134/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi guys first post.
first dual socket build.
question...will a xeon 604 socket cpu running 533 fsb
work on a board running at 800 fsb...it is a Tyan board if that helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-socket-604-xeon-mobos-and-cpus.624645/
Relevancy 61.06%

Okay I issue processors of Xeon at Dual number boot have a dual xeon setup running VUltimate I made Dual Xeon number of processors at boot issue the changes in msconfig to Dual Xeon number of processors at boot issue boot with processors Boot Advanced Options - Number of Processors The time to boot dropped from secs to sec But when I look at Task Manager Performance tab there are only two processors showing in the graph Should be with HT The BIOS splash screen on reboot only listed instead of the usual and HT was disabled I change the msconfig to boot with cpus apply and reboot Had a couple quot mini quot they showed up in the center of the screen blue screens back to boot When vista did boot it took the same amount of time as having the cpu box unchecked and grayed out But Task Manager showed CPUs as it does when the cpu box is unchecked BIOS splash screen confirms cpus Why would cpus without hyperthreading boot faster than the four cpu setting w HT or the default setting

A:Dual Xeon number of processors at boot issue

on a side note, with that much power, why arent you using vista 64-bit?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/167198-dual-xeon-number-processors-boot-issue.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello I've seen this posted on a few forums so here goes It appears that various folks have struggled with this process through Vista and Windows XP - This is my first post and I've heard nothing but good help! Dual xeon-- single recognizing only quad core things about this group Please help me INTENT I am upgrading a Dell Precision Workstation with Dual Quad Core Xeon Processors GB RAM and GB SAS ATA HD from Windows XP- to Windows SP Professional -Bit Fresh installation CHALLENGE Windows -Bit SP Professional will NOT see the nd XEON processor Dual quad core only recognizing single xeon-- help! THINGS TRIED I used MSCONFIG in the start Menu Went to the Boot Tab Pressed the Advanced Options Button and on multiple boots did Dual quad core only recognizing single xeon-- help! the following a Clicked on the multiple processors button and rebooted b Clicked it again and rebooted I was only able to select processors from the single Xeon that the system is seeing I upgaded the system BIOS from Dell's A to A I entered F to enter BIOS setup and looked for any Multiprocessor menu's support HAL selection etc Nada There is one menu for multi-threading which this generation of Xeon does NOT support Xeon E Went to my local computer store bought some new heat-paste and reseated both processors Rebooted and tried and again No sucesss I double checked all the other things you might think about This is a stock Dell MOBO and I didn't see any CUDA-styled swith like on the Apple to reset the MOBO There aren't any jumpers on this system to turn on off a dual processor set up I double checked all the connections to hard-drives video cards sound cards internal USB and the like with out any success THINGS TO NOTE The BIOS doesn't see anything but processor with a single quad core THINGS I'M THINKING ABOUT I'm new to Windows but wasn't there an ACPI HAL Stuff in Windows XP that you could click or not click for multi-processor support vs Single Processor Support Where is this function if available in Windows Professional I'm going to reseat the CPU's again but this time reverse them put processor in processor slot and visa versa so if one of them is bad I'll see it in the BIOS doing this reversal I just bought this unit refurbished so I believe I'll be in a good spot since I got a warrenty with it for year and I can easily get a new part QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP What else is there to try regarding multi-processor support from Dell and the Precision when migrating from -bit XP to -bit Windows Professional I do have a Windows Virtual Machine running XP -bit emmulator running on the system to use some software that isn't -bit compatible and probably never will Could this cause a problem Are there any known issues regarding this mess

A:Dual quad core only recognizing single xeon-- help!

There are a few knowns for others in this situation that need to be said about Windows 7 and that is:

To elaborate, the Home Basic and Starter editions support 1 physical processor, with an unlimited amount of cores. All other editions support 2 physical processors.

Remember, it's processor, then core. A processor consists of cores.

So...

Windows Starter and Home Premium dont' support Muti-Processing
Windows Professional, Enterprise, and ultimate Do.

By the Way, I'm using Professional 64-bit. I downloaded CPU-Z as directed by several other folks wrestling with similar issues on the web. I am copying and pasting the resuts here for your assistance.

CPU-Z TXT Report
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Binaries
CPU-Z version 1.60
Processors
Number of processors 1
Number of threads 4

APICs
Processor 0
-- Core 0
-- Thread 0 0
-- Core 1
-- Thread 0 1
-- Core 2
-- Thread 0 2
-- Core 3
-- Thread 0 3

Processors Information
Processor 1 ID = 0
Number of cores 4 (max 4)
Number of threads 4 (max 4)
Name Intel Xeon E5320
Codename Clovertown
Specification Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5320 @ 1.86GHz
Package (platform ID) Socket 771 LGA (0x6)
CPUID 6.F.7
Extended CPUID 6.F
Core Stepping B3
Technology 65 nm
Core Speed 1592.1 MHz
Multiplier x FSB 6.0 x 265.3 MHz
Rated Bus speed 1061.4 MHz
Stock frequency 1866 MHz
Instructions sets MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, EM64T, VT-x
L1 Data cache 4 x 32 KBytes, 8-way set associative, 64-byte line size
L1 Instruction cache 4 x 32 KBytes, 8-way set associative, 64-byte line size
L2 cache 2 x 4096 KBytes, 16-way set associative, 64-byte line size
FID/VID Control yes
FID range 6.0x - 7.0x
Max VID 1.250 V

If you want the thread dumps and all that other fancy stuff send me an email and I'll forward it to you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/219867-dual-quad-core-only-recognizing-single-xeon-help.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello guys, since now everything was okay, but there is not OEM XPs anymore on market,
What is the problem, installation starts, everything looks good, it ask me for drivers for RAID, my array is just mirror build by embedded ESB2 on-board, I've got such diskette already prepared,
and it continue, it's pretty close probably to final and after last restart it just hangs up instead of loading of settings.
The mentioned machine is SuperMicro 1RU server with 2xXeon 2GB RAM and Adaptec Host RAID. Please advise.

A:Win7 corrupted installation on Dual Xeon machine.

Windows 7 doesn't like RAID very much.

Can you change your SATA controller to ACHI or IDE setting and retry installation with one HD?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/62260-win7-corrupted-installation-dual-xeon-machine.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello everyone,
I am wondering if anyone has tried this. I am looking to buy a refurbished version of this computer and would like to know if it is compatible with Windows 10 64 bit and Windows Server 2012 R2.
I currently have an aging Precision 670 that is running Windows Server 2012 that I can not move higher than that version due to the required new instruction sets of older processors that are 64 bit. Will this machine have the same problem or will it work okay with these operating systems?
The model I am looking at is the T7400 with dual E5450 3.0 GHz Xeon processors installed and 8 gb of ram.
Any help you can provide on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time.
Regards
Bill

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19986465
Relevancy 60.63%

A Win install on an old server has got me flummoxed I cannot get the taskbar to function properly I have tried every trick I have found server Taskbar problems new dual on Xeon install functionality on Googling and none have fixed the problem I have reloaded the OS twice since the original install and same problems reappear Once as a Win quot upgrade quot keeping all my files and lastly as a full HD Taskbar functionality problems on new install on dual Xeon server wipe and a fresh install The original install used the on-board MB video and same problems occurred I hoped a new video card would fix the problem I have loaded all the various versions of windows on different machines and have never seen this issue I have run every software and hardware system integrity check I know and nothing is found All my programs seems to function fine Problem If you open and close a program the icon in the taskbar gets quot stuck quot and will not go away If you put a shortcut on the taskbar it functions on the first mouse click to open After closing the icon in the taskbar again gets quot stuck quot and will not go away It does not open again Taskbar functionality problems on new install on dual Xeon server unless you to press Shift on the keyboard and then mouse click on the icon If you open a large number of programs or any task that puts and icons on the taskbar will quickly clutter the taskbar with icons both with and without graphics There can be no active program process or task and the taskbar be full of quot ghost quot icons Only a reboot or killing and reloading explorer exe will make the taskbar look normal until you open a program and the whole process continues I use a bat file to automate the process I tried deleting the IconCache db file multiple times but no luck I would like to know what process controls the taskbar and where the present state is stored Odd behavior I have been using the same few Gadgets for years on dozens of machines without an issue One of them Network Meter seems to respond slower than normal to a click to activate Settings Even if I kill all Gadgets the taskbar problems persist For a short time after a fresh install the taskbar seems to work properly after a large number of update I then reloaded my Gadgets and it appears that the taskbar issue came back Hardware Win pro loaded on old Tyan dual bit Xeon server with only PCI-X and PCI slots with GB of RAM MB HD Nvidia MB PCI graphics Soundblaster PCI audio and NEC USB PCI cards

A:Taskbar functionality problems on new install on dual Xeon server

Have you installed your GPU drivers for the nvidia GPU, do you have the model of the motherboard and any addon cards? Does this persist if your using the classic theme (as in no areo)?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/363212-taskbar-functionality-problems-new-install-dual-xeon-server.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Quote Intel Sandy Bridge finally dual Sandy E5-2600 socket finally new with Intel Xeon ... goes Bridge goes dual socket with new Xeon E - range Intel has launched its Xeon E - range dual socket processors Intel Sandy Bridge finally goes dual socket with new Xeon E5-2600 ... sporting up to eight cores and threads each based on its Sandy Bridge core design Sandy Bridge processors with up to four cores and eight threads have been shipping for desktop and portable systems for more than a year now but it's taken Intel a while to scale up and validate its new quot Intel Sandy Bridge finally goes dual socket with new Xeon E5-2600 ... Sandy Bridge EP quot design for the dual socket market A further delay was caused by Intel's decision to secretly ship the first processors to HPC customers building supercomputers The new processors are closely related to the Sandy Bridge E processors that hit the market last November They extend the standard single socket Sandy Bridge design with more cores up to more cache up to MB more PCIe connectivity lanes of PCIe more memory bandwidth four DDR channels running at up to MHz and more memory capacity up to DIMMs per channel for a total of GB per processor The Sandy Bridge EP and E parts lack the integrated graphics of the regular Sandy Bridge but are bigger and better in every other way Intel Sandy Bridge finally goes dual socket with new Xeon E - range

A:Intel Sandy Bridge finally goes dual socket with new Xeon E5-2600 ...

Aren't Xeons specifically made for servers?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/218110-intel-sandy-bridge-finally-goes-dual-socket-new-xeon-e5-2600-a.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I was just wondering if anybody has any experience with Intel S CWTR series serverboards and Xeon V processors It boots fine with single CPU V and also with dual Xeon V but not with dual V4 boot S2600CWTR Serverboard not dual will series Intel 2600 Xeon V Intel says only board rev H - has this issue but not H - or H - so they sent me new boards still the same problem I really Intel S2600CWTR Serverboard will not boot dual Xeon 2600 series V4 want to use the V becsue of better memory bandwidth but I may have to downgrade to V Anybody know anything about this issue Many thanks for any insight Update as of - - Intel has been unable to come Intel S2600CWTR Serverboard will not boot dual Xeon 2600 series V4 with an answer and it has become evident that they don't test their new products nobody actually sticks a couple of processors in the sockets and makes sure it works They rely on the CAD simulators Wish I also was that confident about my designs that I could send to customers without testing It should be noted however with Xeon V these are really good motherboards

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/398402-intel-s2600cwtr-serverboard-will-not-boot-dual-xeon-2600-series-v4.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi Guys n Girls Can someone please help me out on this as I m pulling my hair out I am modernising a Dell problem xeon 4 cant than cards dual precision - 1-3-2 of x5450 more ram dimm install T5400 8 beeps rebuilding out Precision T workstation for use with Autocad Photoshop Office etc and it is now rebuilding precision T5400 dual xeon x5450 ram problem - 1-3-2 beeps cant install more than 4 out of 8 dimm cards running windows Pro bit SP on an SSD A quadro or firepro is next on the list but I cant risk putting rebuilding precision T5400 dual xeon x5450 ram problem - 1-3-2 beeps cant install more than 4 out of 8 dimm cards any more money into it if I cant install more RAM The X s are working fine - I just wish they supported hyperthreading which would really make it a flyer The T supports GB of ICC ram according to the manual The my dell programme says it supports GB and Sandra lite puts the max at GB but the GB is all I need Anyway I am upgrading from GB x GB of DDR PC - F- - and have purchased GB GB of used supposedly matched HP - nbsp RAM made by hynix part no s below from ebay hp stickers all have same part number GB Rx PC - F- - nbsp HYMP F CP N -Y AC-C nbsp nbsp STICKS GB Rx PC - F- - HYMP F CP N -Y AB-C nbsp nbsp nbsp STICKS I can install any of the cards in slots - and the system recognises them and passes all prestartup amp memory tests although it reports a mismatch on start because slot is not paired so it does not use it I only left it in to ensure that the second bank is recognising the card I have checked using sandra lite and the hardware list shows they have identical specs and stepping except for the part number and they work fine mixed as long as only or sticks are installed Any of the sticks run fine in slots - as I have changed them all nbsp When I put sticks amp sticks in or all the PC wont boot and I get beep code - - which I ve looked up and is just a memory fault so not too descriptive I have another of the AB-C sticks on the way just to rule that out but I don t think it ll make any difference as if they weren t paired well enough then the GB wouldn t work either I ve also ruled out a dodgy card by swapping them all out My bios is up to date at A I just cant get it to boot with more than GB installed I have removed the BIOS battery to reset it but no change I have also tried to put pairs of the original GB cards in to see if its something to do with going over GB but it still won t have it Any advice from the knowledgable folk out there would be greatly appreciated

A:rebuilding precision T5400 dual xeon x5450 ram problem - 1-3-2 beeps cant install more than 4 out of 8 dimm cards

Hi all,I`ve had a play around with the new ram sticks that came this morning and no difference.
Not to be defeated I played about and have managed to install a pair in slots 7&8 which actually works giving me 24GB which may be enough but I`m still confused as to why putting the 2 sticks from 7 & 8 (which are obviously matched and working) into slots 5 & 6 causes the thing to not boot, I have  verified slots 5 & 6 work by putting a single stick into each on subsequent boots and they definitely show up in the bios set up but are not used as they are not a pair.I have come to the conclusion that this is a bios fault and will try flashing the older A09 release and post back.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19541812
Relevancy 57.62%

Need another backup P70. Both 1535 and 6920 are configurable for Dell M7710 workstation. Lenovo online chat told that both CPU are available but currently still not offered for public to order. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Will-XEON-1535-V5-XEON-Z3-or-Core-i7-6920HQ-available-soon/td-p/3309944
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi All,

I have a dual socket motherboad with chipset 5000.

I currently have 2 unit of Xepon Processor (X5450, E5450)

My question is, can i insert both processor in the motherboard to use? is it compatible?

Thank you

Regards
Jacky

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-xeon-x5450-and-xeon-e5450.1012544/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi, Xeon E3-1535M v5 or Xeon E3-1550M v5? Which processor would you recommend? A shop told me, that E3-1535M v5 is no longer available by Lenovo and that Xeon E3-1550M v5 would be the best. Is this true? Thanks for any advice!

A:P50: Xeon E3-1535M v5 or Xeon E3-1550M v5?

Saw your other post asking about optical drive. I got a feeling that it's either a joke or scam. 1) There's no optical drive option for P50 (of course we are talking about built-in drive, not the external one).2) There's no E3-1550M v5 option for P50.  In fact, even the E3-1535M has limited availability.  e.g. E3-1535M is available in Japan but not in US. Good luck with the 'special built' P50. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P50-Xeon-E3-1535M-v5-or-Xeon-E3-1550M-v5/td-p/3319252
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi Last year I built a machine my first it s a dual quad core amd opteron barcelona chips on a tyan thunder mobo I have two of these dynatron cpu coolers which work fine but are LOUD Okay this was my first build opteron core/amd machine for quiet dual cpu quad cooler and I bought the wrong RAM quiet cpu cooler for dual quad core/amd opteron machine like three times thanks to the folks on this board who helped me with that and it probably wasn t necessary to build such a big machine but I wanted a total buffalo-hunting machine anyway on newegg I ve never seen a lot of options for socket F cpu coolers I did a search and came across this Noctua NH-U DO I was wondering if anyone knows if that will fit in my board or has any experience with them newegg doesn t have that model which I guess I thought was a little weird Also I ve had the machine and quiet cpu cooler for dual quad core/amd opteron machine loved it for almost a year so this isn t like an overnight need will there be more quiet cpu coolers coming out in the near future Thanks bp nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

I've been looking for the front panel pin layout on the Dell Dual Xeon Motherboard with Dell P/N: 0WN7Y6 (it is a # zero, W, N, #7, Y, #6). 
The front panel connector is 27-pin...28 spots with one pin left blank. The pin layout isn't included in the manual and I'm trying to boot two of these motherboards without the 27-pin connector. I just need to know which pins need to be jumpered in order to test for boot to BIOS.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

A:Dell Motherboard- P/N 0WN7Y6 Dual Xeon Motherboard Front Panel Pin Layout

Dell doesn't make the front panel connector pin-outs public. So unless you map them yourself or somebody else has done it...

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19996055
Relevancy 54.18%

Ok I have a desktop with a 400GB SATA drive. Added 1 300GB IDE drive (grey/slave connector) to my only IDE slot on my Motherboard...so far so good. Tried to add a second 300GB drive to IDE connector (black/master) and I get all the way to the Windows screen just before the welcome screen and then......nothing, does not restart, does not freeze, just acts like it is taking 5 years to get to the welcome screen. Is there some jumper configuration I should try? I currently have no jumpers on either drive. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Also let me know if this is just not possible with only 1 IDE port.

This is what I want:
C: 400GB SATA (Master w/ OS)
D: 300GB IDE (Slave)
E: 300GB IDE (Slave)
Windows XP Pro SP3
Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2L
Pentium Celeron 430
512MB DDR2 800MHz
400GB SATA

A:SATA master + dual slave IDE, is it possible?

The SATA hard drive is independent of the IDE drives and master and slave do not apply to it. The two IDE drives connected to the IDE controller on the same IDE cable must have one drive set to master and the other to slave or both set to cable select. Having no jumpers at all will cause the PC to not recognize either.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-master-dual-slave-ide-is-it-possible.163666/
Relevancy 53.75%

16th May 2016.Dear Dell Forum Members & Support,We have an existing and very reliable Dell Precision 490 with a Single Intel Xeon 5060 (Dual Core, 3.2GHz,1066MHz) system.The system is currently running Bios Version A08 (04/25/08)

Can it be upgraded to Two (2) Intel Xeon Quad Core Processors, and if so, can a list of the compatiable processors be supplied ?

e.g. Xeon X5460 (Quad-Core, 3.16 GHz, 1333MHz) etc.

Thank you for your time & patience.With kindest regards.GEM CNC Systems.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19974583
Relevancy 52.89%

I just Replaced My old Internal CD/RW (Memorex) with a Shiny New LG GCE-8526B, And I was told by the Manufacturer to make it the Secondary Master. Oh, I'm running 98SE on a Pheonix 1100 Gb , with 288 mg Ram. And a 30 gig HD! With 23 gigs of FREE SPACE left!
I've gone to VIA to update all the Drivers and I am still getting this code 10 thing!! So, I update it, again, and Everything looks Great in the Device Manager!
But the CD/rw is NOT Recognised or does it read ANYTHING I put in it. Do I have
a NEW DOORSTOP, or what??

Relevancy 52.89%

So i two days ago i installed Ubuntu on my Secondary hard Booting Boot Bad Ubuntu Master Dual (MBR) Record drive I already had windows installed on my Dual Booting Ubuntu Bad Master Boot Record (MBR) primary drive When i installed Ubuntu i didnt realize it at the time but i installed GRUB over Windows Master boot record on my primary hard drive that has windows installed GRUB has been working but i wanted to restore my Windows MBR on my primary drive and have GRUB only on my secondary drive and then if needed i could switch back and forth via the bios As of right now i have NO Master boot record At least not a functioning one I am getting the error Missing Operating System every time i turn my pc on I tried using my windows installation disk and repairing my computer unfortunately when it shows a list of operating systems it isnt showing anything I can then go and try to load a quot device driver quot while in System Recovery Options and i can indeed see that my hard drives are not at all formated I still have windows installed Also when i run the command prompt from system recovery options i can run fixmbr and other similar commands which say that they recognize windows is installed on a hard disk but having some kind of issue with the drivers for my hard disk So i tried to FixMBR and then i now think im not sure but i would think i need to get the drivers for my Hard disk or hard drive and install them in system recovery options But thats where im really stuck how would i even find something like that out What can i do Btw to recap i cant use GRUB or windows MBR I cant even start my pc unless its from win installation disk Anyway if anyone could help that would be great As for my hard disk im not sure what it is but i know this I have a Asus G JH with a Gb Sata drive that comes standard gb ddr ram and a mobility radeon hd and an i qm Thanks all help would be greatly appreciated

A:Dual Booting Ubuntu Bad Master Boot Record (MBR)

Obviously you'd need to start Win7 to be able to add EasyBCD which can configure a Windows Dual Boot with Linux distros.

The problem is that GRUB can corrupt Win7 beyond Repair when on the same HD, so using a separate HD is always a better option if you can do so. In that case, unplug the extant OS HD to install the new OS, then boot your choice via the BIOS Boot order or one-time BIOS Boot menu.

Now as to repairing your Win7. First mark Win7 or it's 100mb System Reserved (preferred) partition Active: Partition - Mark as Active (Method Two)

Next boot into DVD or REpair CD to see if it will now discover a Win7 installation. If not, click through to Recovery Tools list to open a Command Line to run bootrec /fixboot and bootrec /fixmbr then reboot.

If Win7 doesn't start, boot back into DVD/Repair CD to see if installation now shows up to accept offered Repair. If not run Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times anyway.

You can copy out your files using DVD/Repair CD this way: Copy & Paste - in Windows Recovery Console or using Paragon Rescue CD.

You can see your partitions graphically and mark Active using free Partition Wizard bootable CD. Then click on Win7 HD to highlight it, from Disk tab select Rebuild MBR, OK, Apply to see if this will start Win7 which may preclude the need to run Repairs. If not, you can wipe the Ubuntu partition by rightclicking>Wipe. Now try the Win7 repairs again without the GRUB code on the HD.

If all fails, you'll need to try running Factory Recovery from its partition or disks you made or order, or find a Win7 installation DVD to reinstall following these steps to get a perfect reinstall: Reinstalling Windows 7

Here is the best way to dual boot Linux if it must be on the same HD: Dual boot Ubuntu-Win7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/194138-dual-booting-ubuntu-bad-master-boot-record-mbr.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi everybody I always Boot slaved Vista XP Dual Master with from SATA IDE seem to end up on this forum when I'm Googling for tech issues and always find all the answers but recently I've come across an issue Dual Boot XP from slaved IDE with Vista Master SATA I haven't been able to find info on so I figured I'd join here and ask My old PC with a gig IDE running WinXP recently died from a fried CPU so I took the RAM video card and hard drive and installed them in an old Dell I had layin around that still worked pretty well The Dell had a gig SATA HDD so I did a clean install of Vista on it figuring I could use my old XP IDE HDD as a slave which worked out fine by the way except for one small HUGE o detail I literally have thousands of dollars worth of web and graphic design software on my old HDD and I want to be able to have a dual boot system where I can choose to boot either the SATA with Vista or the IDE with WinXP so that I can still use my software if I'm working on a project that requires it I really can't afford to go shell out another on software that I already have on the old HDD so this seems like a really good option I know this is possible I'm just not really sure how to go about doing it I thought it would be as simple as installing the XP as master IDE and the Vista as primary SATA and just going into the boot menu and choosing one or the other but it hasn't worked out quite like that The SATA boots as default but when I try to boot the IDE from the boot menu nothing happens and I just end up having to reboot again I know the IDE drive is good it worked fine before and I can run it as slave and access all the files within it when I am running Vista I don't know I'm usually pretty good with computers but I've never tried this one before and I'm pretty much stumped so I figured I'd come here and ask some real experts Sorry for the long post but I wanted to make sure everyone understood exactly what I was tryin to accomplish and the issues I'm having Thanks Larry

A:Dual Boot XP from slaved IDE with Vista Master SATA

You are in a tricky posistion.
1. Your IDE hdd has the drivers from a different computer and at best wont work very well on the different one so getting it to boot could cause serious problems.
2. Now if you have the install disks from the other progs. you would still be able to access the data files for them on the other drive. This would be the best option.
3. If you are willing to take door number three there is a way to make Vista recognize the other op system but you should try this first to avoid any failures but it depends on your computer saavy and some luck.

The old HDD was it from a computer that was preinstalled or do you have a XP disk?
If you have a XP disk you may get a repair install to make it work.
To do that I would take out the Vista drive and make the IDE primary.
It may even boot.
Then install the drivers and then we can reintroduce the Vista drive to the system.

If it was preinstalled and you have the disk then things are more difficult and probably wont work due to the fact that it wont see the computer that it needs to ensure completion. You can try but...
Just make sure that the Vista HDD cant be accessed while trying this.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dual-boot-xp-from-slaved-ide-with-vista-master-sata-400250.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Device manager
hard disc controller
Secondary Bus Master IDE controller

This Device has a problem code 10 (OXA)
this device is not present not working properly,or does not have all the drivers installed. See your hardware documentation
It said to try updating the device but it didn't work and my drive d and e not in my computer

Also missing files

A:Problem with secondary bus master IDE controller(dual fifo)hdc

Try deleting it from the Device Manager, rebooting and go into bios/setup program and ensure that it is enabled. When it reboots, it may just find it as a "new" device and reload it correctly. If that does not help, try it again in "Safe Mode".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-secondary-bus-master-ide-controller-dual-fifo-hdc.45180/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,

I am looking at getting the asus a8n sli Premium motherboard & have a dual monitor setup. Would someone be able to confirm that it is possible to run two different graphics cards in the 2 slots, each driving it's own monitor (not using sli). I've had a look around the internet, but haven't been able to find an answer. Thanks for your help

Paul

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-monitors-on-sli-board.432195/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,

I've got an AMD 3000+ on an Asus A8-NE mobo.

I'd like to upgrade to a dual core, maybe 3600+ or 3800+.

But my problem is that I can't find 939 versions of it on the market. You only get AM2 versions (I'm in India).

Any ideas how I could get my hands on them?

Regards,

Robin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/amd-dual-core-for-old-939-board.585453/
Relevancy 52.89%

I am currently using a gigabyte board. The board works OK I guess but there are a few things I don't like about it. Does anyone know of a better board? I heard the via chipset was not the best-intel is better. Am I right? It must support the p3 1400 mhz 512 cache cpu's.
ps no offense meant but I am not interested in well intentioned advice about how I should just buy a new system p-4 etc. This is part of my collection in the P3 category.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-is-the-best-dual-pentium-3-board.326244/
Relevancy 52.46%

I guys I m new here wassup I have a question for you I followed a thread posted in this forum where chocobogo rct needed to change his boot ini file in order to havea dual boot screen apon startup I have a similar problem I have a dual boot system set up at the moment with Windows on the primary drive and XP pro on the slave The boot ini file on the primary HD looks like this boot loader timeout default multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS operating systems multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS quot Microsoft Windows XP Professional quot fastdetect NoExecute OptIn C quot Microsoft Windows quot There is no boot ini file in the root directory of the slave HD So what I want to do is this I want to make the slave XP HD the master but when I plug it in as master the the computer cannot master dual-boot drives? Swapping hard and slave boot from that drive no boot records I think I need to change the boot records so that the slave hard drive is the master and the master Swapping dual-boot master and slave hard drives? is the slave Swapping dual-boot master and slave hard drives? How do I do this Do I delete the boot ini file on the existing master Win and create a new one on the existing slave XP then physicall swap the two If yes what do I change the boot ini file to nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/swapping-dual-boot-master-and-slave-hard-drives.39705/
Relevancy 52.03%

say I have a server board with 8 slots for RAM. For fastest performance with 4G, I should use 4x 1G spread across 4 slots? Rather then 2 x 2G across 2 slots? Now, would the performance decrease if I went to 6G, since there is an uneven amount of channels in use? Would appreciate any insight and links regarding this. Thanks

A:Dual Channel RAM on Server board

I remeber this topic conimg up before, and I had a gave a fairly detailed reply. The long and short is that it wont make a lot of difference either way, the best thing to do is go with whichever is cheaper.
For the tech bit, the 1 gig sticks have a slightly faster responce, but usibg 4 sticks instead of 2 means the overall bandwidth is effectively a bit less than that if you use 2 sticks. In real terms, these differences are about the same, but both extremely small, so it doesnt matter that much. For 6 gig, I would say 6 1 gig sticks, as you could keeo the pairings and not lose any timing cycles. If you can go to 8 gig, 4x 2 gig sticks would probably be slightly better, butagain, in real terms the differences are so small, it would take a pretty good man to see any

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-channel-ram-on-server-board.746871/
Relevancy 52.03%

I'm looking to build a new system and I'm trying to keep in really compact, but I also want to rock dual monitors. Are there any onboard video chipsets on the market now that will support dual monitors?

Thanks!!

A:Dual monitors from on board chipset

Repent...., and Prepare For the Future.....

Not sure really, but depending on the level of graphics performance you are expecting any Nvidia x300, x400, or x500 would provide dual monitor capability at low cost, (50 bucks or so, if you catch a good sale), while leaving you with a much greater selection with respect to choice of motherboard/ chipset combinations. I believe that all Nvidia 8500GT/9500GT video cards have HDCP compatibility so that you could easily drive your high-def TV from them. Either of these cards could most likely be used with a good 350 watt PSU, so there's no need to overbuild/overspend at this level. Avoid the overclocked versions of these cards, they use a bit more power, and it makes more sense to jump to the 9600GT series instead of trying wring more performance out of the lower series of cards

If cost is a factor I suggest purchasing a mobo board with onboard graphics, then adding the video card later. Here again though, spring for the right PSU that will allow you to grow your system. You you don't want to have to buy the PSU twice, if you change your mind about the level of upgrade you'd like to make.

You could investigate this post at Tom's hardware; http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-780g-chipset,1785-5.html It seems to answer your original question.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-monitors-from-on-board-chipset.124022/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi all,

I have just installed a Gigiabyte 8SQ800 Motherboard - I have installed the ram chips in separate channels as specified but when booting up the PC says, beneath the memory check, Dual Channel: Single 128bit processing. Does this mean Dual channel RAM has been activated or not? There is nothing in the manual about determining this in the BIOS or in any other way.

Any comments greatly appreciated.

Dave Secker,

London, UK.

A:ANyone with gigabyte 8sq-800 or other dual channell board??

i dont *no* this - im guessing - but that doesnt sound right - have u had a look though the bios? no options? try installing the ram in different slots if u have more than 2 - other than that im stumped

Steg

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/anyone-with-gigabyte-8sq-800-or-other-dual-channell-board.5452/