Windows Support Forum

Proprietary software in Firefox?

Q: Proprietary software in Firefox?

Mitchell Baker announced today that Mozilla Corporation (or maybe Mozilla Foundation? She doesn't really say…) will begin implementing proprietary software by default in Firefox at the behest of wealthy and powerful media companies. Baker argues this serves users: that Orwellian phrasing caught my attention most.

http://ebb.org/bkuhn/blog/2014/05/14/to-serve-users.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/534506/proprietary-software-in-firefox/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Proprietary software in Firefox?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 63.21%

Some manufacturers have used or are using proprietary wiring configurations to the motherboard for the power supply. Thus, if a standard generic power supply is plugged in, the motherboard is toasted.

If you have a HP, or Dell, or other computer, and want to upgrade the power supply, how do you determine if the power supply wiring configuration is standard or proprietary?

Is the color coding of the cables a reliable indicator?

(Of course, some power supplies come with no color coding - just clear plastic over silver wires - not much help there.)

A:Power supply: proprietary vs non-proprietary

A lot of times there will be a whitepaper or technical guide on the website that shows the pins and what they correspond to. I've seen this a lot for Dell computers and servers. I'm not sure how common it is to use non-standard connections anymore, it used to be common but all of the systems I've seen recently have used standard power supplies and connections.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-proprietary-vs-non-proprietary.159873/
Relevancy 46.87%

Lately I have been seeing a lot of posts with users complaining about upgrades with brand name computers.

Here's a little info users should be aware of.

Many brand name computer manufactuers, DELL, Packard-bell, etc.... use proprietary parts to force end users to buy their components instead of after-market parts. DELL and Packard-Bell are famous for this. SO, if you plan on ever tinkering with a computer and are going to buy one, think about buying or making a generic system. IT will save you a lot of frustration and expense in the future.

comments welcome.

A:Proprietary BS

I agree. It's always better to build a system then to buy it stock. At least then you know exactly what's going into your computer, or the one who build it will know, and if any problem arise, it's so much easier to locate.

So you say, "but a stock computer is cheaper than building one." That's because they use cheap parts. Because they have huge buying power, they can custom build mobo. That mobo would only have the bare minimum components they would need to build that series of computers. You will save more money in the long run by building one. A built system has much better upgrade ability. It will be built to suit your needs. I have used stock and I have used customer built. I will recommand built system all day long.

cT

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/proprietary-bs.30810/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a Dell Dimension 4300 with the P4 1.5 and 256 mb SDRAM. If I'm not mistaken the P4 is a socket 423. I was wondering if anyone knows if Dell uses proprietary motherboards, so I know what my upgrade options might be.

A:Proprietary motherboards

Best way to be sure is give Dell a ring mate

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/proprietary-motherboards.107650/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello All.

Just picked up this rig from the tune up shop. I'm giving it to my grandsons for schoolwork and games. The repair shop was to install a USB cable, but this is a proprietary MOBO so the generic slot cable didn't fit.
My owner's manual does not identify the MOBO maker, nor does any of the numbers I copied from the MOBO itself identify the manufacturer.

So how do we (me and repair shop) find out who made the MOBO? Is there a MOBO wizard website?
Problem: the computer was made (assembled from parts) by HP for the manufacturer. HP has no idea ~who~ made the MOBO for the end seller (and neither do they).

Computer 450 MHz (OEM) Plll.

A:Proprietary MOBO

Has to be an FCC number on the motherboard. Usually located by the memory slots. If you can find it you can trace it to the manufacturer here
http://www.fcc.gov/oet/fccid/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/proprietary-mobo.51290/
Relevancy 46.44%

As a test I have been running two old XP machines since April when MS support stopped with the following security - - AV product a necessary...? really Is proprietary Windows XP Firewall - Microsoft Security Essentials - Malwarebytes Premium user month license GBP USD These machines are permanently connected to the Internet As part of the test I have visited many hundreds of websites some of them quite risky done online banking purchased stuff from Amazon and others written and received emails newsletters and of course offers of Meds fake Rolex watches and all the other stuff At the end of October I ended the tests I then scanned the machines using free online scanners from AV vendors such as Trend Micro Housecall and similar Both machines have come up absolutely clean Therefore one must ask the question - On a newer OS such as W or W would it not be adequate to use Windows Firewall Windows Defender Malwarebytes Premium and a good serving of common sense If the Is a proprietary AV product really necessary...? answer to the question is quot yes quot then what justification is there for purchasing proprietary AV products If the answer to the question is quot no quot then why have these two unsupported XP systems remained malware-free for months T nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi, I have a Compaq Presario 2256 desktop and got some PC100 SDRAM, DIM, 32 MB to upgrade from my current 16 mb. I popped it in and the error says - Himemsys can not find driver XMS. Then goes to safe mode, then goes to - Will not boot windows due to memory. It also syas it can't find mem.sys.

I put the old chip in and it's fine. The geek I bought it from won't tell me how to change the BIOS setting to run non-"Compaq" ram? Please help -thank you.

Jaosn

Relevancy 46.44%

When installing my AT amp T U-Verse I was given a AT amp T wire Gateway HGV-B modem router When I had DSL I was able to purchase the same model router it was a model online and give the one they gave me back to them saving the monthly leasing fee AT&T stuff proprietary So I purchased a HGV-B router online thinking I d be able to do the same However my computer would not recognize the one I purchase online although weirdly enough I was able to get my VOIP going okay I called AT amp T AT&T proprietary stuff tech support and was told AT&T proprietary stuff that I HAD to keep leasing the one they gave me to keep getting my U-Verse because they had to recognize the code that they gave to the original router when I was reconnecting This not only sounds wrong but a blatant ploy by AT amp T to keep my mo leasing fee coming to them How can I get around this--to have AT amp T recognize my replacement router so I can keep getting my internet connection Thanks nbsp

A:AT&T proprietary stuff

heyya jllp, I've edited you post for vulgarity....please remember this is a family oriented forum.

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/at-t-proprietary-stuff.1048446/
Relevancy 46.44%

can anyone explain to me about this?

Relevancy 46.44%

Another problem I have encountered: I have a HP media centre PC with wireless keyboard and mouse. If I move the USB connector for the wireless receiver from USB port 4 on the back of the machine to any other USB ports and I have 6, neither keyboard or mouse works. Is there a setting that frees up the ports or a config section hidden somewhere?

In addition, I have a USB KVM that works with a test PC I use (Generic) and it works find as long as the mouse and keyboard attached are not wireless but as soon as I connect the receiver to it it stops.

USB has never been my favourite support subject as so many things can be wrong (mostly software). Any help would be appreciated

JJ

A:Proprietary USB configuration

If I move the USB connector for the wireless receiver from USB port 4 on the back of the machine to any other USB ports . . .Click to expand...

I have seen this, myself and here is what I did that solved it for me: I turned off the machine. I connected a PS2 mouse to the system. I connected the wireless mouse and keyboard to the system. I turned on the machine and let it detect the wireless keyboard and mouse and clicked on the necessary prompts (if any). If nothing is detected, you might have to go into Start> Control Panel> System> Device Manager and have it scan for hardware changes.
In addition, I have a USB KVM that works with a test PC I use . . .Click to expand...

Is this the same wireless receiver? Also, I have seen spurious problems with off-brand and cheap wireless keyboards and mice. One brand I've seen a lot of trouble with is Targus. It works on most systems without a problem; but, I've also run into enough problems with enough systems that I recommend against their mice.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/proprietary-usb-configuration.558411/
Relevancy 46.01%

There was a thread on here about two months ago where a couple of you (can't remember who) more knowledgeable guys were having a discussion about whether you could download the Digital River ISO and do a clean install or if some laptops had proprietary files in the Recovery Partition and would not allow the clean install. I don't remember what was decided. If any of you remember this thread, I would like to know how this discussion turned out. Thanks,

A:Proprietary Files on Laptops

Hi Bigmck.

I wondering if you are talking about this thread:
cant install windows 7 in the preinstalled windows 8 laptop

With great follow up by Gregrocker:
Secure Boot Arrives

Is this the one?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/266603-proprietary-files-laptops.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi have been 6330 proprietary? psu presario hp working on an HP Presario trying to help someone She had dropped it from a shelf It booted for a while and now starts but no post hard drive light hp presario 6330 psu proprietary? comes on then goes off and then the pc turns off It must have had a hard landing as it broke the top part of the bezel off and the bezel over the A drive part is crooked It WAS working when I first got it was going to put in an AV program etc so she could go online with it just email and such but now it won t boot at all I would like to start by trying a new psu that I have here but I am not sure if it is proprietary or not and even though it is in rough shape I don t want to blow it up entirely HP of course wants you to buy one from them and this thing isn t worth buying a new one anyway Also I am not sure that is the problem It could be the hard drive since being dropped didn t help that either I am sure Does anyone know or is there any way to find out which models had proprietary psu s Thank you very much nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

I have a Compaq C300 laptop with Celeron M socket 478. I got a Centrino socket 478 to upgrade but the socket on the laptop mobo is missing one hole in a corner so the new chip wont fit. This is my first laptop and Ive never heard of anything like this. Compaqs site is no help.

A:Are laptop CPU sockets proprietary?

The CPU may not be upgradeable. Are you sure the HP/Compaq site has no info on CPU ugrades for your model?

Compaq C300 CTO
Compaq C300 EA
Compaq C300 EU

I checked the site and no CPU upgrade info is there. The CPU/socket is most likely proprietary

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-laptop-cpu-sockets-proprietary.70739/
Relevancy 46.01%

I'm troubleshooting what appears to be a dead P/S, (power button does not respond - no lights, no fans, etc). I was going to take an ATX P/S out of an IBM Netvista system I have but found a thread that talks about some brand name systems having different pinouts on the P/S.

Could that be the case with this system? The failed system is a generic ATX.

Relevancy 46.01%

How do you know if your power supply is proprietary?

Relevancy 45.15%

hello,

On an old computer I had an ATI video card and their proprietary video recording software, which had a "VCR' extension. I no longer have the computer, but I have a couple of DVDs with movies in that format.

I've discovered that GoldWave, WMA, Blaze Media, MediaJuke Box, etc. can neither play or convert from that VCR format to a mpg or AVI format.

I don't know where else to look so I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you

Bob

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-player-for-ati-proprietary-format.624037/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi there I got esxi running but not really satisfied with performance and the hassle Esxi PROPRIETARY and workstation KVM NON and than vmware better of controlling VM's from a remote computer So I decided to re-visit using KVM can be considered Linux's equivalent KVM better than vmware workstation and Esxi and NON PROPRIETARY to HYPER-V KVM is free of course it's part of most KVM better than vmware workstation and Esxi and NON PROPRIETARY Linux distros - but RHEL and Centos naturally has this down to a fine art so install documentation is really good It turned out surprisingly easy from a CENTOS HOST and I O performance is STREETS ahead of both VMWARE workstation and the VM running under Esxi The other nice thing is that you can also control the VM's on the LOCAL HOST PCI passthru works fine and you can use quot paravirtualisation quot if you want to install specific hardware drivers on the VM to extract even better performance VMware esxi VM's can be converted easily enough - or re-installing the Guest OS is a doddle anyway Note - you have to enable VT-X in the BIOS on intel CPU's --usually all done by default these days -- for AMD there's an equivalent but don't know what it is Very happy with this solution -- you can install a minimal Linux system and control everything via a CLI if you don't want a Linux GUI I'd recommend doing it from the GUI for beginners For those playing around with Linux Hosts who want to try other ways of running Windows Guests I'd recommend having a look at KVM -- it really is surprisingly easy -- AND STABLE Also being able to control the VM's from a local host is a great advantage for quot Home user quot who don't need Enterprise type solutions Install KVM QEMU on CentOS RHEL Note -- there is a bug you can't use a PHYSICAL ISO to create the VM - an Image iso disk based iso works fine This works for most other common distros too --opensuse Ubuntu Linux Mint etc Have fun Cheers jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/virtualization/47555-kvm-better-than-vmware-workstation-esxi-non-proprietary.html
Relevancy 45.15%

My wife s employer provided her with a Linksys wireless router so that she could use her work laptop at home In order to keep the network traffic secure they has Router settings proprietary Solved: made changed one or more settings in the router and then password protected the router if I go to IE and type in the IP address Solved: Router has proprietary settings of the router I need to Solved: Router has proprietary settings know a password and user name which I do not know We do know that what the SSID is but we do not know of any other proprietary changes they may have made I have purchased a new laptop with an internal wireless card We cannot make a connection to to router The laptop runs XP We have attempted to edit the network settings in the laptop to match what little we know of the settings of the router but we have not been succesful I have just called Linksys tech support They gave me suggestions Hardwire the laptop to one of the ports of the router Go to the www Linksys com connect and use the Netset tool They tell me that by following the instructions my new laptopp wireless card will be set to match the router If that does not work I can buy another router and daisy chain it to the first router They have instructions at Solved: Router has proprietary settings www linksys com kb which will tell how to have multiple routers But it cautions that this is not a recommended solution They say that this could cause problems It says that Access Points is a better solution - but the website does not say much about Access Points The instructions say that before daisy chaining I have to change the IP address on the new router so that it does not conflict with the first router Then I should take ethernet cable - plug one end into one of the ports of the first router and the other end into one port of the new router not the internet port He says that if I choose option above my laptop wireless card will find the new router I welcome any thoughts on this What will work what pitfalls are there The most important thing is that I do not disturb the first router If there are any changes to router my wife s laptop will not connect and I will be in very deep trouble Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

I purchased a Toshiba Satellite laptop that supposedly came with malware on it Another story and maybe even another thread as the whole ordeal is weird in itself Anyways I have been told that I need to do a recovery on the computer with the disks which I was kinda planning on doing anyway So i pulled out my recover disks to find out that there is a problem with them Well now with the drives newly repartitioned and only part of an OS installed Vista by as of opposite OS source) open (NOT in Proprietary the way Proprietary OS (NOT as in opposite of open source) my laptop becomes rendered temporarily useless Well remembering I have an extra copy of Windows XP lying around and even an extra copy of Vista I decide to just install maunally but that is where i have the problems When placing my XP cd in Proprietary OS (NOT as in opposite of open source) it boots up goes through the first part of the install loading all the drivers and then BSODs The Vista will at lesat install but either poops out at the end and then won't boot into windows My question is can a company created a version of windows that is proprietary to their brand and can essentially be the only installable operating system And is there anyway to get around that if I want to put XP on it One other bonus question is does anyone happen to know which brands assuming they can make things proprietary make them proprietary and which brands leave it open for you to install your own OS Note For kicks and giggles I can and was able to install ubuntu linux on it for the mean time

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/proprietary-os-not-as-in-opposite-of-open-source-359137.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have run into just a few Dell and Gateway XP Home disks over the last year that in retrospect appear to be Proprietary Defective? XP Home Disks defective During the installation process I get a quot Fatal Error quot dialog that setup cannot continue because a component is not present An error has been encountered that prevents setup from continuing One of the components that Windows needs to continue setup could not be installed Data error cyclic redundancy check If you are installing from a CD there might be a problem with the disc try cleaning the disc or using another disc If you are installing from the network it is possible that not all of the files were copied correctly to your disk drive etc etc etc Click to expand Proprietary XP Home Disks Defective? I called a friend of mine across town who runs a store-front shop He said he has run into the same problem several times with only branded XP disks and he has decided it is due to a Proprietary XP Home Disks Defective? defective unreadable CD and happens only with branded Windows XP installation disks from Dell Gateway etc When he receives this error he simply puts in a standard OEM or other XP CD and installation is successful Proprietary XP Home Disks Defective? Well I tried this today and it also worked for me Has anyone else run into this problem nbsp

A:Proprietary XP Home Disks Defective?

Further Information:

We attempted to copy files from the Gateway CD. Copy errors prevent us from recovering about 200 megs of what is supposed to be on the CD. In other words, this is definitely a defective, unreadable CD.

This machine is in warranty so we called Gateway. Gateway refuses to replace the CD because the software is warranted for 30 days only, even though the computer has a three-year warranty from Gateway.

I visited the local shop I mentioned in my first post. He has a stack of eight Gateway branded Windows XP operating system CDs there, all in pristeen condition (no scratches or visible signs of use), all unreadable.

So much for Gateway being a consumer-oriented company. This customer certainly didn't get what he paid for and Gateway refuses to make good on it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/proprietary-xp-home-disks-defective.184018/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi, I have a dell inspiron 6000 laptop, with an 80 gig hard drive. I need a replacement but dell is out of the hard drive I need. Does anyone know if they are proprietary? Can I buy a hard drive from anywhere or do I have to stick with dell??
Thanks for your help.

A:Are Dell laptop hard drives proprietary?

generally no. I have never heard to dell hard drives being proprietary, however RAM and power supplies usually are.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-dell-laptop-hard-drives-proprietary.55596/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have an HP Pavilion v here that I want to experiment with It had a Recovery partition drive D I say quot had quot because we backed up all files in this partition and then deleted all partitions I set up a new drive C and D partitions and copied all the backed-up files back to this new drive D partition There is an i folder that contains all the Windows XP Pro installation files however it will not install It starts the installation process but stops at a screen that says WIN NT BT System BIOSINFO INF cannot be loaded Error code is Setup cannot continue Press any key to exit These HP's Breaking Restore? Proprietary WinXP System are exact words This is a setup on the same machine with no hardware changes or BIOS updates What I want to do is learn where the proprietary information is stored and Breaking HP's WinXP Proprietary System Restore? either modify or replace the necessary files I ve done a search on the net for everything I can think of with no result Any suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

I bought my Dell E520 without sound and now want to add sound. The only card Dell offers is $130. Does anyone know if I can put other sound cards in a Dell E520?

Thanks,
Bahb

Relevancy 44.72%

K I searched around a bit but didn t find the info I was looking for so I m going to ask you guys I m backing up my Daz Studio folder data folder programdata folder content libraries etc It s up near gb at this point consisting of tons of small files in a relatively complex directory structure My backup solution in the past has been Acronis but after seeing years of BS using non-proprietary backup of files? small many Fast, their Fast, non-proprietary backup of many small files? solutions some of which I experienced myself I m no longer willing to trust my backups to their proprietary format Or anyone else s for that matter I need something with fewer gatekeepers and more options So I m looking for something that uses a non-proprietary storage format that I can extract or view with any of a variety of widely-available tools think ZIP RAR -ZIP etc The thing is Acronis really hauled ass making backups compared to the alternatives I ve tried First I tried WinRAR and it was on track for a hour job I can t even be reasonably assured of hours of up time for my OS given the shitty power supply where I live and the storm season being upon us Acronis can backup pretty much anything in a an hour or four in my experience Is there something out there that has Acronis mojo but spits out the data in a non-proprietary format I m currently running the task with Bandizip because it was recommended as much faster than -Zip or WinRAR but currently it s estimating - hours to finish the job Needs Common format Fast Break archive into parts Archive verification Something like WinRAR s protections lock archive recovery record etc would be nice too Edit just saw this in the recent Acronis thread Backing up blocks of data rather than specific files Click to expand Drat I figured it would be something like this This is why Acronis is so fast nbsp

https://hardforum.com/threads/fast-non-proprietary-backup-of-many-small-files.1908354/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have two machines that both have Elan touchpads and both of them have significant issues One is an Asus Zenbook la The other is a Samsung Ativbook The Zenbook has erratic mouse movements Sometimes with driver Elan proprietary issues has touchpad the cursor will jump to another part of the screen It also will click on stuff that I'm not trying to click on The Ativbook has another issue When I select something there is Elan touchpad has issues with proprietary driver a delay I'll remove my finger and it stays selected for a few seconds It especially has issues with scrolling I tried configuring every Elan touchpad has issues with proprietary driver option that I could think of I searched for a different driver to install but I didn't find anything on the Elan Asus or Samsung website I tried uninstalling the driver and using the built in Windows driver The touchpads work much better now but they are missing some features The Samsung doesn't support double tapping for certain applications Other than that it's acceptable Anyone have any issues with these touchpad drivers or know of a work around

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/32740-elan-touchpad-has-issues-proprietary-driver.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have an old proprietary Goldstar/Reveal GCD-r420b cd-rom with the interface card that I would like to get running under windows 2000, I will only occasionally use the cd-rom drive (at most) and would like to use these old units I have laying around. The HP Vectra VL5 system I am trying to upgrade had Windows 98 with this drive running OK.

Do you guys know of any Windows NT drivers for this type of cd-rom? (dont even need to be 2k) Is this cd-rom similar to anything else such as Panasonic, Sony, or Mitsumi? I know there are NT drivers for all three above.

Any ideas?

Thanx

A:Getting proprietary Reveal GCD-r420b cdrom running in Windows 2k

Based on the research I did, you are out of luck, from the LG Electronics driver page,

Q. What driver should I use in Windows® NT to get my drive to work?

A. The GCD-R320B, GCD-R400B, and GCD-R420B are unsupported in Windows® NT.

All other drives (CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, CD-RW) are supported as a CD-ROM using the dual PCI IDE CD-ROM ATAPI 1.2 driver listed in the SCSI adapters section of NT. Add this driver and the drive should work. If the driver is already listed, unload it and then reload it again.

Please note that the writing software (for CD-RWs) and/or the Power DVD Software (for DVD-ROMs) are what allows the other functions of the drives (CD-RW & DVD-ROM).
http://www.lgeservice.com/CDROM.htm
Sorry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-proprietary-reveal-gcd-r420b-cdrom-running-in-windows-2k.117906/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi Everyone I have an HP G laptop - HP's Small amp Medium Business Online Store This particular laptop ships with an to HP Need brightness proprietary remove control off / turn screen automatic screen brightness control feature which relates directly to the area of 'white space' e g blank word document control panel dialogs etc that is being displayed If there is a lot of 'white space' on the screen the display does dim Conversely if there is a large area of 'black space' Need to turn off / remove HP proprietary screen brightness control or darker colours then the screen automatically becomes brighter I find this feature to be quite disconcerting and I want to turn it off If you have never seen this feature before or you doubt it's existence please do NOT bother to respond to this post I have purchased several laptops with this exact same model about to date for the business I work for and on one occasion I sent a laptop back to the shop because I was convinced that it was faulty The shop simply 'turned off' or uninstalled the HP proprietary feature software package and then sent the laptop back to me Since re-configuring the laptop that I sent back the shop can't remember how they performed the procedure Rather than send the laptop back to the shop due to time constraints I would like to get this done by myself Any help here will be greatly appreciated Kind Regards Davo

A:Need to turn off / remove HP proprietary screen brightness control

Hi there .. I have seen this feature before think it was on an Asus Laptop ... I have had a look on the HP Website and can not see any Software that relates to this issue .. It could be well hidden though maybe in the Tools .. I am pretty sure the Function Keys do not have control over that..Could there be a Setting in the BIOS to turn it off ? I suppose if it was Software related one way to get shot of it would be a Clean Install with out all the Bloatware ..

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/338819-need-turn-off-remove-hp-proprietary-screen-brightness-control.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello,

Is there such an utility?

Thanks.

A:Utility for mass permissions/proprietary change of files.

Hi,

You could try the ATTRIB command, from the command prompt with the /D switch. I'm unsure if it will recurse all the folders/directories.

Alternatively, see if there is anything here : http://www.techsupportalert.com/best...le-manager.htm

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/129885-utility-mass-permissions-proprietary-change-files.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Windows Proprietary Advisor is a rogue security software which will report that malware has been detected on (Removal Advisor Remove Proprietary Instructions) Windows your computer in an attempt to scare you into buying this malicious software In reality none of the reported issues are real and are only used Remove Windows Proprietary Advisor (Removal Instructions) to scare you into buying Windows Proprietary Advisor and stealing your personal financial information As part of its self-defense mechanism Windows Proprietary Advisor has installed a rootkit on your computer which will disable the Windows Task Manager and will block you from running any program that could lead to its removal Windows Proprietary Advisor is a scam and you should ignore any alerts that this malicious software might generate Remove Windows Proprietary Advisor (Removal Instructions) Under no circumstance should you buy this rogue security software as this could lead to identity theft and if you have you should contact your credit card company and dispute the charge stating that the program is a scam and a computer virus Removal instructions for Windows Proprietary Advisor Remove Windows Proprietary Advisor (Removal Instructions) virus This is a self-help guide use at your own risk If you experience problems completing this guide or the problem persists after following the instructions below or would like to have one of our staff members guide you through the process please start a new thread in our Malware Removal Assistance forum STEP Start your computer in Safe Mode with Networking Remove all floppy disks CDs and DVDs from your computer and then restart your computer Press and hold the F key as your computer restarts Please keep in mind that you need to press the F key before the Windows start-up logo appears Note With some computers if you press and hold a key as the computer is booting you will get a stuck key message If this occurs instead of pressing and holding the quot F key quot tap the quot F key quot continuously until you get the Advanced Boot Options screen On the Advanced Boot Options screen use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode with Networking and then press ENTER STEP Run RKill to terminate known malware processes associated with Windows Proprietary Advisor RKill is a program that will attempt to terminate all malicious processes associated with Windows Proprietary Advisor so that we will be able to perform the next step without being interrupted by this malicious software Because this utility will only stop Windows Proprietary Advisor running process and does not delete any files after running it you should not reboot your computer as any malware processes that are configured to start automatically will just be started again While your computer is in lt em gt Safe Mode with Networking lt em gt please download the latest official version of RKill Please note that we will use a renamed version of RKILL so that Windows Proprietary Advisor won t block this utility from running RKILL DOWNLOAD LINK This link will automatically download RKILL renamed as iExplore exe Double-click on the iExplore exe icon in order to automatically attempt to stop any processes associated with Windows Proprietary Advisor RKill will now start working in the background please be patient while the program looks for various malware programs and tries to terminate them When Rkill has completed its task it will generate a log You can then proceed with the rest of the guide WARNING Do not reboot your computer after running RKill as the malware process will start again preventing you from properly performing the next step STEP Remove Windows Proprietary Advisor malicious files with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware FREE Download the latest official version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware FREE MALWAREBYTES ANTI-MALWARE DOWNLOAD LINK This link will open a download page in a new window from where you can download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free Start the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware i... Read more

https://malwaretips.com/threads/remove-windows-proprietary-advisor-removal-instructions.8615/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi all,
I'm 99% sure the PSU on my T5600 just went bad. It's out of warranty now so I was curious: Must I replace the PSU with a Dell Precision specific unit? Or can I use any modular supply that can has two 8-pin CPU cables and a 24-pin mobo cable? This would be much cheaper. And I saw a thread that recommended an aftermarket PSU to another precision owner, but I forget what model they had. Thanks!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19986455
Relevancy 43.86%

I recently had my computer "tuned-up" at Staples and they immediately knocked my Norton 360 and pushed hard (commission sales???) several times for me to buy their proprietary anti-virus SOPHOS. No way am I going to give in to a sales pitch, I'm more interested in a Certified Geek's opinion. Comments anyone? Greatly appreciated!

A:Opinions/comments on Staples proprietary anti-virus, SOPHOS?

Sophos is a well known name. Most of the helpers here don't use either, finding various free AV's quite adequate. Watch out for a storm of helpers excluding themselves from that comment LOL.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/security/opinionscomments-on-staples-proprietary-antivirus-sophos/40035.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi Everyone I have screen remove HP turn proprietary off / brightness Solved: Need control to an HP G Solved: Need to turn off / remove HP proprietary screen brightness control laptop - http h www hp com ctoBases amp familyviewgroup amp viewtype Matrix This particular laptop ships with an Solved: Need to turn off / remove HP proprietary screen brightness control automatic screen brightness control feature which relates directly to the area of white space e g blank word document control panel dialogs etc that is being displayed If there is a lot of white space on the screen the display does dim Conversely if there is a large area of black space or darker colours then the screen automatically becomes brighter I find this feature to be quite disconcerting and I want to turn it off If you have never seen this feature before or you doubt it s existence please do NOT bother to respond to this post I have purchased several laptops with this exact same model about to date for the business I work for and on one occasion I sent a laptop back to the shop because I was convinced that it was faulty The shop simply turned off or uninstalled the HP proprietary feature software package and then sent the laptop back to me Since re-configuring the laptop that I sent back the shop can t remember how they performed the procedure Rather than send the laptop back to the shop due to time constraints I would like to get this done by myself Any help here will be greatly appreciated Kind Regards Davo nbsp

A:Solved: Need to turn off / remove HP proprietary screen brightness control

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-need-to-turn-off-remove-hp-proprietary-screen-brightness-control.1130116/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello to all,
I have just noted while trying to bring W8 up to speed, that Windows Photo Viewer can not display .NEF or .CR2 RAW image files. I have associated all the image file extensions with the Windows Photo Viewer and do not use the App Version. I don't recall but tried to begin the process of finding "codecs" that allow it to show the files, which they do very well in W7 Photo Viewer. Does anyone have experience with this or ideas. I found Nikon's specific Windows 7 codecs program and it would not install. Thanks for any assistance!
Glenn

A:Windows Photo Viewer unable to open proprietary RAW image files.....

HI there

I have Photoshop with Bridge so no problem -- but
Try these

Canon .CR2 Free CR2 Viewer - Canon Raw Image Viewer

NEF, CR2 etc Download Free Photo Viewer 1.2 Free - View photos, images, RAW files. View EXIF tags. Organize full-screen slideshows - Softpedia

cheers
jimbo

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/5716-windows-photo-viewer-unable-open-proprietary-raw-image-files.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I posted a question sort of about this earlier but the question kind of changed so I decided to make a new thread I have a Dell and am looking to upgrade the Power Supply to a non-dell brand such as ThermalTake or Antec Trying Power uses Dell if to Solved: figure (non-standard) Supply out 4700 proprietary I have heard rumors that using a non-dell model could acutally fry your motherboard I heard that Dell used proprietary parts non-standard in their builds and this was the reason for the incompatibility However some Solved: Trying to figure out if Dell 4700 uses proprietary (non-standard) Power Supply people said Dell stopped doing this is and I really hope this is the case I checked my Dell Digital User Manual and took some screen shots of what it had for the power supply and connectors They are below Also notice on the motherboard diagram the connecter is -pin does this mean Dell is actually using industry standard PSU and parts now If so will it be ok to upgrade the PSU without anything bad happening Take a look at the pin information and let me know what you guys think Thanks a ton Also PC power and Cooling claims to make compatible PSU s for Dell and I would get one of those but they are way to expensive However look at the specs on Solved: Trying to figure out if Dell 4700 uses proprietary (non-standard) Power Supply this one guarrenteed to work for the Dell http www pcpowercooling com products viewproduct php show S D amp view techspecs Scroll down to Misc and notice it says -pin isn t that industry standard and what the Antecs etc use nbsp

A:Solved: Trying to figure out if Dell 4700 uses proprietary (non-standard) Power Supply

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-trying-to-figure-out-if-dell-4700-uses-proprietary-non-standard-power-supply.443291/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello people,

I have read that mozilla firefox is totally free and open source. I have downloaded it and I'm very pleased.
However, I don't understand how it is possible that good software be free especially when there is user support? Who is paying for this?
I doubt there are good developers and programmers who use their spare time working for nothing in order to create free software.
Since there is no ads in firefox, I wonder how they finance it.

Thanks

A:Firefox as free software

From http://www.webannoyances.com/firefox.html

Quote:

Why is Firefox free?

Because the Mozilla foundation, the makers of Firefox, are a non-profit organisation, funded by public donations, and by some of the biggest computer companies in the world, including AOL and IBM.

From http://techtalkblog.wordpress.com/20...ie-to-firefox/

Quote:

Why is Firefox free?

Firefox is an ?open source? project. What this means is that anyone world-wide - me or you or anyone - can download the interworkings of the program (the "source code") and alter the browser to our liking. We can add our own features or get rid of the ones we don?t like, as long as we know the programming langauge that the browser was written in. Okay, so that excludes most of us, but still, you get the picture: you can do whatever you want with this browser. It is 100% free forever.

The open source concept is the reason Firefox is so secure - with a virtually limitless number of people avaliable to test the product for bugs and errors, more get weeded out.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/firefox-as-free-software-271792.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I have a tracking software that I use for explorer which tracks the passowords entered for various sites and stores them onto my computer in a database. I am now looking for the same type of thing when it comes to Firefox does anyone know where I may be able to find this?

A:Looking for password tracking software for Firefox

There are quite a few password manager extensions available on the official addons site. Have you looked at any of them? I don't us one myself, so don't have a specific recommendation.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/looking-for-password-tracking-software-for-firefox-567724.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I have received this message twice in the last 2 weeks while using Firefox. It was trying to get me to download, obviously I didn't figuring it was a virus. Question, do I have something on my computer already that is making this open as I have pop up blocker turned on?

This is the message:
"Attention your computer is stuck by spyware, etc please download Antivirus 360 etc....

Any help is appreciated...thanks Dano2

Relevancy 40.42%

I cant seem to get rid of this software education popup through malwarebyte or avira- this seems to pop up sometimes when i start a browser ie or firefox If i mistype a url on ie it shows up aswell picture of it imgur the simple image sharer looks like a custom homepage DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by qwerty at on - - Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT - AV Avira Desktop Enabled Updated F B DE -C B - C F- EFF- C BD D C on Popup education Firefox & IE-Software C SP Avira Desktop Enabled Updated D AAC -E E- B - F- F C DA SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated Popup on Firefox & IE-Software education D DDC A- F- fae- E Popup on Firefox & IE-Software education -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x TuneUp Utilities TuneUpUtilitiesService exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop avshadow exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files x TuneUp Utilities TuneUpUtilitiesApp exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform OSPPSVC EXE C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files x Elaborate Bytes VirtualCloneDrive VCDDaemon exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Windows system svchost exe -k WindowsMobile C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows SysWOW cmd exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows SysWOW cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Bar Preserve uStart Page hxxp www google ca mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Office Document Cache Handler b f a - e - -ba - b e ff - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll TB D C F- A- -A AD- D - No File TB F A - C- C - F- B AAA AA C - No File mRun VirtualCloneDrive quot C Program Files x Elaborate Bytes VirtualCloneDrive VCDDaemon exe quot s mRun Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware quot C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamgui exe quot starttray mRun avgnt quot C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe quot min mRun StartCCC quot C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe quot MSRun mPolicies-explorer NoActiveDesktop x mPolicies-explorer NoActiveDesktopChanges x mPolicies-system ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin x mPolicies-system ConsentPromptBehaviorUser x mPolicies-system EnableLUA x mPolicies-system EnableUIADesktopToggle x mPolicies-system PromptOnSecureDesktop x IE EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - C Windows WindowsMobile INetRepl dll IE EAF BB ... Read more

A:Popup on Firefox & IE-Software education

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

It appears you didn't attach the second dds log, attach.txt, to your initial post.

Press the Windows "logo" key and "R" key then copy/paste the following into the Run box and click OK:

%temp%\attach.txt

A text file should open. Save it to your desktop then attach that file to your next reply.

Please download aswMBR.exe to your desktop. Double-click aswMBR.exe to run it.
When prompted to download the latest Avast! virus definitions, please choose No
Click the Scan button to start scan.
Wait until it says, 'Scan finished successfully'. ( Note - do not select any Fix at this time)
Click Save log, and save it to your desktop.
Click Exit.
Please post the contents of that log, aswMBR.txt, in your next reply.
There shall also be a file on your desktop named MBR.dat. Right-click that file and select Send To > Compressed (zipped) folder. Please attach that zipped file in your next reply.

When you run this tool, remember to choose 'Skip' not 'Cure' if it finds something. We just want a scan, not a fix.

Download tdsskiller.exe and Save it to your Desktop.

Double-click tdsskiller.exe and click 'Run'

Click Change parameters then under 'Additional options' check the 'Detect TDLFS file system' > OK.

Click 'Start scan'.

If no infection is found, click 'Close' and let me know.

If an infection is found, select 'Skip' from the dropdown menu under 'Cure' then click 'Continue' > 'Close' > 'Close'.

It will produce a log here > C:\TDSSKiller.2.7.33.0_date_time_log.txt

Please navigate to the file, double-click to open it, and copy/paste the contents in your next reply.

Please go to: VirusTotalClick the Choose File button.
Please copy/paste the following bolded text into the 'File name:' box:

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\85377574.sys

Click Open then click the Scan it! button just below.
This will scan the file. Please be patient.
If you get a message saying File already analyzed: click Reanalyse
Once scanned, copy and paste the URL from your browser address bar in your next reply.
Please repeat for the following file:

C:\Windows\System32\5467.tmp

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/popup-on-firefox-and-ie-software-education-642340.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi all. I am using Firefox Portable 2.0 on a USB stick. I have ClamWin antivirus software but I was wondering if there was some adware/spyware protection available like spywareblaster that would work from a USB stick, or perhaps a database of sites that should be blocked. (I assume that it would be unwise to use the browser without extra security software?)

Thanks.

Relevancy 39.99%

What Antivirus Software works best with Firefox? I am presently using Avast and I am having problems with a slow computer and being kicked off certain web sites. I was using AVG and after the recent update I started having the same problems as I am now having with Avast. I did not have this problem before AVG updated.

My operating system is Vista Home Premium. Can anyone help.

Relevancy 39.99%

FF 3 is installed on my computer. How do I save the entire program onto a disk so it will work on another comp? (this computer is vista, the other is XP)

A:[SOLVED] IE won't work. How do I burn the software: firefox to a CD-R?

In order for it to work you'll have to install it on the XP computer with the FF installer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/solved-ie-wont-work-how-do-i-burn-the-software-firefox-to-a-cd-r-273667.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Firefox was the application that had the most reported vulnerabilities this year, while holes in Adobe software more than tripled from a year ago, according to statistics compiled by Qualys, a vulnerability management provider. Qualys tallied 102 vulnerabilities that were found in Firefox this year, up from 90 last year. The numbers are based on running totals in the National Vulnerability Database.From: InSecurity Complex by Elinor Mills December 17, 2009 3:07 PM PST

A:Firefox, Adobe top buggiest-software list

Thank you Animal for the info. IMHO Firefox is being hit for the same reason M/S systems are hit. M/S is big and Firefox is getting big. My question is; what do us folks out here do about it. The only thing that I can do as I see it is watch what you are doing and keep your security up to date.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/280046/firefox-adobe-top-buggiest-software-list/
Relevancy 39.99%

It would be great if it worked on vista too! Thanks

A:Does anybody know any safe Firefox history viewing software for XP?

I am not sure what you are after. You can view your history inside of Firefox. If you cleared history or have the option checked to clear history on exit then no viewer will find your history.

Here is a utility to view Firefox history that works on XP and Vista and provides more info then Firefox's own History viewer.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/mozilla_history_view.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/608534/does-anybody-know-any-safe-firefox-history-viewing-software-for-xp/
Relevancy 39.99%

IP Board 2.2.2 2008 forum software

Since I installed the latest Firefox update that came out recently I have had problems with the forum software. I have checked in IE, Opera and Safari and all is OK so it has to be Firefox that is the problem.

What happens is I open the site and the site is full-screen width. I click on a forum category and the view is about 3/4 screen width. I then click on a topic and it reduces further to about 1/4 screen width. I go back to the main page and it is once again full-screen width. If I click on another forum, it goes back to 3/4 size. This is driving me mad. I have made no changes to anything on the computer lately except the latest Firefox update.

Is anyone familiar with forum-type software and can point me in the right direction for correcting this?

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ip-board-forum-software-conflict-with-firefox.737728/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi allI'm hoping that someone can shed some light to my confusion I have the latest version of Vista Home Premium and the latest version of Firefox V How do I know or find out if the software download is compatible with both - especially as each of them are the latest Etc Software - Vista Combined Firefox Latest With Confusion versions which means many tprograms etc still have to update Example I love adding Firefox Addons but keep forgetting to check the version Old XP habit INTERNOTE Works with Firefox Firefox DOWNLOAD STATUSBAR Works with Firefox Firefox TAB-MIX-PLUS Works with Firefox Firefox a Having realized this I know that the majority of my addons are between the - and - Vista Combined With Latest Firefox - Software Etc Confusion It seems to me that since installing many of these my laptop isn't running as well as it was So does installing versions less than my cause conflicts damage and whateverelse Is there a way to find which addons etc suit both vista and latest firefox Does the version of the addons and indeed the actual addon itself have any bearing on Vista Simply put must addons be compatible with vista I was attempting to download and install quot Interclue quot addon but failed due to it having a XPI extension I have searched the web for an easy way to do this but it was all just too complicated Is there a quot dummy guide quot perhaps It's worth noting that downloading in firefox does not give the option to Save As just Open With and Save Help is most certainly needed Thanks

A:Vista Combined With Latest Firefox - Software Etc Confusion

This file extention may not work with Vista, but have a look here and see if you can find a work-a-roundhttp://filext.com/file-extension/XPI

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/102263/vista-combined-with-latest-firefox-software-etc-confusion/
Relevancy 39.56%

I use Mozilla Firefox current version as my software Mozilla effective Firefox? Most for anti-spyware primary web browser using Internet Explorer on occasion only if Firefox will not work with a particular website My question is what the most effective real-time Most effective anti-spyware software for Mozilla Firefox? protection anti-spyware software for browsing with Firefox Though free is great I am ok paying to if it works well It seems much of the anti-spyware software with real-time protection out there seems to be targeted to Internet Explorer such as Webroot SpySweeper which is highly rated and I like the interface in its free trial I am looking for anti-spyware software that is simply that and does not have the firewall and anti-virus components as I am satisfied with my software for that Some background of my PC security defenses I have been spyware free on this PC until I upgraded my Adaware Pro to Adaware Pro with Ad-Watch and RegShield and in the last two months my Zone-Alarm Security Suite current version anti-spyware scanner found two keyloggers weeks apart named Ardamax and Backdoor Prorat which I have been able to remove and they have not appeared on subsequent full scans I am thankful that Zone-Alarm found these for the sake of finding them though I question how these got onto my PC Now I do a full scan for spyware with Zone Alarm at least weekly where as before done once monthly Spybot v failed to find this recent spyware even when scanning with it just prior to the Zone Alarm scans so I have uninstalled this as a backup scanner Unlike the Zone Alarm anti-virus I have with real-time protection Zone Alarm anti-spyware is only a scanner though in my opinion a very good one but it is does not provide real-time protection For the moment I recently installed the free Microsoft Defender software as another backup for real-time anti-spyware protection though I have read it is not as effective as other anti-spyware solutions For firewalls I have a Linksys wired router and Zone Alarm as firewalls both with other than the default passwords which my PC passes monthly testing at website http security symantec com sscv default asp langid ie amp venid sym amp plfid amp pkj NIZCVGZBZTVOGXFSTZH good idea I believe to test your firewall defenses with a competitor s scanner I do not have other Norton or Symantec software installed As part of the Zone Alarm Security Suite I have installed my definitions for anti-virus and anti-spyware automatically update every day It has been two or more years since I had a PC virus and none on the Dell PC I have had for less than a year which I confirm by running a scan monthly with Zone-Alarm I am cautious surfer even using Firefox I have the McAfee SiteAdvisor plugin http www siteadvisor com sitemap html installed telling me if a website is rated safe or not color coded green yellow red Unless I have a website bookmarked as one I frequently use and is rated as safe this tool I use scans Google Yahoo and MSN search results and color rates them If I get a weblink otherwise such as through email I check its safety rating against the McAfee SiteAdvisor website first I have SpywareBlaster installed and keep it updated for Firefox and IE I use Pocomail software a Canadian company that markets a product similar to former USA Eudora shying away from Microsoft products for that I received less than five spam a month with my current email service and they block nearly all infected emails Before opening any email attachment I virus scan it with Zone Alarm and spyware scan it with Adaware Pro Zone Alarm also quarantines any suspect email attachment on receipt has found five in the last year I keep the other software i e Adobe etc I use that connects to the Internet updated either automatically if that option is available or manually I do not use Instant Messaging nor have ever installed it on this PC I do not download music games etc from free websites I have followed your sticky How to tighten Securi... Read more

Relevancy 38.7%

I had to admit defeat last night - I have no idea what else redirects, / software blocking Malware? antivirus Firefox IE crashes, disabling to try to fix my computer Sorry in Malware? Firefox crashes, IE redirects, blocking / disabling antivirus software advance for the long post and at times possibly run-on sentences amp quot creative quot grammar Synopsis Something is causing the following symptoms - - Disabling Symantec Corporate resident Noticed in Safe Mode - gives a message that it s disabled but the system icon remains the same - may be happening in quot normal mode quot as well - Does not allow MBAM to run even if renamed Started Saturday - Does not allow SpyBot S amp D to run but leaves the resident system icon Started Saturday - Does not allow SpyBot S amp D to be installed even in Safe Mode I uninstalled amp was attempting to reinstall because this was the first symptom I noticed - Does not allow HJT to be installed even in Safe Mode - states that the Administrator has enabled settings that does not allow install to run even though I am on Admin account - Will allow a copy I installed about a year ago to run - Does not allow SmitFraudFix to run I have all the tools I downloaded for fixing my computer about a year ago in a folder and I clicked the wrong icon by mistake - IE amp Firefox crash trying Panda Scan at even in Safe Mode Noticed last night - was able to get through a Panda Scan in Firefox as late as Sunday which didn t catch anything - IE crashes on loading Trend Micro HouseCall online scan even in Safe Mode didn t try in Firefox noticed last night - IE crashes on loading Kapersky scanner even in Safe Mode didn t try in Firefox noticed last night - Firefox crashes Started Sunday night - Google IE Redirects - sporadic Noticed on Sunday night - I use Firefox - Bleeping Computer amp some other sites blocked in IE and Firefox - quot Unable to find server quot type response as if invalid Noticed on Sunday night - IE is often my quot default browser quot on restart - it should be Firefox - but it doesn t always reset it Started Saturday - Odd history entries in IE - there is one particular entry which I did not visit which is a peculiar page with just text and a web link I can post the text here when I get home Noticed last night - Very occasional IE pop-ups to a quot security quot company s web site Perhaps extraneously I did get a trojan last week which caused the Security Center pop-ups system tray icon and set bogus proxy server settings in IE MBAM removed it in safe mode and the problem went away - my computer appeared clean on Thursday and Friday but it may not have been Also sometime on either Monday or Tuesday Windows automatic updates were reset I previously had them off and was doing the updates by hand because there are some I don t want to install it keeps bugging me about - this may have been something I did by accident and not a virus however I have never posted to Bleeping Computer before and I m a little confused on the difference between the Malware Removal and the Am I Infected forums Am I in the right place I can try to post logs when I get home assuming I can attach a text file to an e-mail and send it to another computer - I m posting from work

A:Malware? Firefox crashes, IE redirects, blocking / disabling antivirus software

OK, one of the things that WOULD run was VundoFix - May not have been the smartest thing in the world to try without really knowing what I was getting into, but I figured a "scan only" wouldn't cause a problem. I left VundoFix running last night, and at some point, Windows restarted due to an update the darn thing installed all by its lonesome. It doesn't appear VundoFix left a log of any kind - I don't know where it normally saves something like that, though.

Today, I come home from work and am pleasantly surprised by being able to load bleepingcomputer.com , and Firefox has not crashed yet (in comparison, it had been crashing anywhere from immediately to a minute after I loaded it).

However, I still received a message just a moment ago that Symantec was disabled (but the system tray icon still looks like it's not disabled).

Anyway, I don't want to jump the gun, because I'm not sure whether I'm cured at this point or not!

I was just able to get MBAM to load by copying everything from its original installed folder to a different folder and renaming it. I'll see if it finds anything - I intend to run RKill, then MBAM, from "normal mode" (non-Safe Mode).

Another symptom I forgot to list above - I was unable to download Super AntiSpyware. Today I am able to do so, so I will try that as well. I will also try installing Spybot S&D to see if it will allow that.

Will update once I have those things run.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/288876/malware-firefox-crashes-ie-redirects-blocking-disabling-antivirus-software/
Relevancy 38.7%

I have had this problem for a while issues Internet won't HELP! / firefox connect & firewall virus software / connection now and really would like to get it resolved Basically I seem to have an issue with my internet connections It seems like only Internet Explorer can connect to the internet even though my connection is fine I first HELP! Internet connection issues / firewall & virus software / firefox won't connect noticed it with firefox - I used to use firefox and then one day it gave me an quot unable to connect quot message I m pretty sure it happened after I updated Windows but I could be wrong I switched to IE and that worked fine Then I tried to download the mac internet browser AND the new google chrome because I figured it was a problem with firefox but it happened with both of those too Firefox does not work even in safemode THEN I noticed it with updates I couldn t update things like the flashplayer It would say network error and that it couldn t connect and to check my connection Same thing with updates with Windows Media player I was able to get around this by turning the settings on IE down to medium and unchecking the enable protected mode box under tools options security But this didn t help with any of the other programs I wanted to run the NBC HD program that lets you download HD shows but it is giving me the same kind of error message to check my internet connection I figure this is a problem with some kind of security setting or firewall I am running Vista Regular Windows firewall Symantec Virus Software That s all I know about - except for this SafeConnect Client the university made me download but the problem started way before that This happens at home or at school so it s not my specific wireless connection Does anyone have any idea what the problem here is I would appreciate any help it s really annoying Thank you nbsp

A:HELP! Internet connection issues / firewall & virus software / firefox won't connect

Symantic's Norton Anti-Virus shouldn't be causing a problem such as this, but any of their products that include a firewall certainly could. You can use the Norton Removal Tool to get rid of Symantic's products. That site also has directions for making sure that you can later reinstall it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-internet-connection-issues-firewall-virus-software-firefox-wont-connect.767084/
Relevancy 38.7%

About a month ago I had a virus that involved this "Whitesmoke" toolbar and had the blue screen of death...after some work a friend helped me get things working again and everything seemed normal.

However I just realized that Internet Exlporer wont connect to the internet or detect the settings but Firefox will, my iTunes wont connect, and my recently purchased webcams installation software wont run properly...it comes up but the dropdown bars are blank and I cant select anything. I can only help but think I have some malware/spyware still running on here or some system files got deleted that shouldn't have. All I know is that my system is functional but all screwed up.

I am running a Dell Inspiron E1705 on Windows XP.

Please Help!!!!

A:IE Exlporer wont connect to Internet/Firefox will cant install webcam software...

Here are my logs:
DDS (Ver_10-12-12.02) - NTFSx86
Run by BADASS BRIAN at 15:30:23.59 on Mon 01/31/2011
Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.5512 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_18
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.3.1252.1.1033.18.2046.963 [GMT -8:00]

AV: AVG Anti-Virus Free *Enabled/Updated* {17DDD097-36FF-435F-9E1B-52D74245D6BF}

============== Running Processes ===============

C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost -k DcomLaunch
svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\NICCONFIGSVC\NICCONFIGSVC.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrA.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgrsx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\SoftwareUpdate\YahooAUService.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\Canon\CAL\CALMAIN.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgcsrvx.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\stsystra.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\distnoted.exe
c:\program files\common files\installshield\updateservice\isuspm.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k Akamai
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgnsx.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\BADASS BRIAN\Desktop\dds.scr

============== Pseudo HJT Report ===============

uDefault_Page_URL = hxxp://www.google.com/ig/dell?hl=en&client=dell-inc&channel=us
uWindow Title = Internet Explorer Provided by Cox High Speed Internet
uSearch Bar = hxxp://www.google.com/ie
mStart Page = hxxp://www.yahoo.com
uInternet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = hxxp://www.google.com/ig/dell?hl=en&client=dell-inc&channel=us
uInternet Settings,ProxyServer = http=127.0.0.1:59274
uInternet Settings,ProxyOverride = <local>
uSearchAssistant = hxxp://www.google.com/ie
uSearchURL,(Default) = hxxp://www.google.com/search?q=%s
uURLSearchHooks: AVG Security Toolbar BHO: {a3bc75a2-1f87-4686-aa43-5347d756017c} - c:\program files\avg\avg8\toolbar\IEToolbar.dll
uURLSearchHooks: H - No File
mURLSearchHooks: AVG Security Toolbar BHO: {a3bc75a2-1f87-4686-aa43-5347d756017c} - c:\program files\avg\avg8\toolbar\IEToolbar.dll
BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class: {06849e9f-c8d7-4d59-b87d-784b7d6be0b3} - c:\program files\adobe\acrobat 6.0\reader\activex\AcroIEHelper.dll
BHO: AVG Safe Search: {3ca2f312-6f6e-4b53-a66e-4e65e497c8c0} - c:\program files\avg\avg8\avgssie.dll
BHO: AVG Security Toolbar BHO: {a3bc75a2-1f87-4686-aa43-5347d756017c} - c:\program files\avg\avg8\toolbar\IEToolbar.dll
BHO: Skype Plug-In: {ae805869-2e5c-4ed4-8f7b-f1f7851a4497} - c:\program files\skype\toolbars\internet explorer\skypeieplugin.dll
BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper: {dbc80044-a445-435b-bc74-9c25c1c588a9} - c:\program files\java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class: {e7e6f031-17ce-4c07-bc86-eabfe594f69c} - c:\program files\java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
TB: AVG Security Toolbar: {ccc7a320-b3ca-4199-b1a6-9f516dd69829} - c:\program fi... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/ie-exlporer-wont-connect-to-internet-firefox-will-cant-install-webcam-software-547669.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Firefox 3.6.17 download (International locales).

Firefox 4.0.1 download (International locales).

Note: The Thunderbird emailer was also updated! See: Mozilla patches Firefox and Thunderbird.

-- Tom

A:Firefox security updates for Firefox 3.6.17 and Firefox 4.0.1 available

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/firefox-security-updates-for-firefox-3-6-17-and-firefox-4-0-1-available.994071/
Relevancy 30.53%

DirectX caused Firefox non-responsive Direct D Bypassed Then Firefox couldn t load XPCOM Goggle Chrome still works Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor AMD V Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free caused non-responsive. couldn't Firefox Direct3D load DirectX Bypassed. Then Firefox - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard msi MS- Antivirus Webroot SecureAnywhere Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled Never updated DirectX caused Firefox non-responsive. Direct3D Bypassed. Then Firefox couldn't load Used to replace later version of DirectX caused Firefox non-responsive. Direct3D Bypassed. Then Firefox couldn't load XP I didn t like Crash recovery reports C DOCUME hitech LOCALS Temp WERa dir Mini - dmp C DOCUME hitech LOCALS Temp WERa dir sysdata xml C DOCUME hitech LOCALS Temp WER a dir Mini - dmp C DOCUME hitech LOCALS Temp WER a dir sysdata xml Windows - No disk Exception Processing Message c Parameters b bf c b bf c b bf c Continue gt okay http www answers com Q What is Exception Processing Message c Parameter b bf c b bf c b bf c Error signature BCCode e BCP C BCP BF B BCP A CAC BCP OSVer SP Product Error report C DOCUME hitech LOCALS Temp WER f dir Mini - dmp C DOCUME hitech LOCALS Temp WER f dir sysdata xml BCCode e BCP C BCP B BCP BA BC C BCP BA B OSVer SP Product C DOCUME hitech LOCALS Temp WER dir Mini - dmp C DOCUME hitech LOCALS Temp WER dir sysdata xml nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/directx-caused-firefox-non-responsive-direct3d-bypassed-then-firefox-couldnt-load.1134414/
Relevancy 30.53%

Today being a bit cautious I did a few general Google Searches and it seems the constant attack warnings had stopped But then I firefox\firefox.exe Attacks files\mozilla Repeat From \device\harddiskvolume1\program tried to enter Repeat Attacks From \device\harddiskvolume1\program files\mozilla firefox\firefox.exe one of my normal sites and it seemed the virus trogen or whatever it is tried to re-direct me to a Fake App Again the website and IP address was different than before but once again I recieved this warning THE ATTACK WAS RESULTED FROM DEVICE HARDDISKVOLUME PROGRAMFILES MOZILLAFIREFOX FIREFOX EXE So now being something at a loss I would very much appreciate any help you guys at Bleeping Computer can offer I have followed the Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help and have pasted the DDS log below plus I have attached the DDS GMER files and a copy of today s Norton Attack Report if I have missed anything out please let me know Thanks DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by Head Quartrers at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Venturi Client ventc exe C Program Files Venturi squid ventcsquid exe C Program Files Venturi squid ventcdnsserver exe C Program Files Venturi squid ventcdnsserver exe C Program Files Venturi squid ventcdnsserver exe C Program Files Venturi squid ventcdnsserver exe C Program Files Venturi squid ventcdnsserver exe C Program Files Venturi squid ventcdnsserver exe C Program Files Venturi squid ventcunlinkd exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Venturi Configurator ventcfg exe svchost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Head Quartrers Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles yxghx pk default extensions E B -DB B- fd -BA E- ECEA CA B components afom exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www msn com mStart Page hxxp www msn com BHO Symantec NCO BHO adb e- aff- - aa - dac dfa - c program files norton internet security engine coIEPlg dll BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention d ec - aae- -aeee-f f c - c program files norton internet security engine IPSBHO DLL TB Norton Toolbar febefe - b - - d -ffb d b ca - c program files norton internet security engine coIEPlg dll mRun Venturi Configurator c program files venturi configurator ventcfg exe -nomsgbox TCP DhcpNameServer TCP Interfaces DA A FC-DE A- E -A B- DE B E DhcpNameServer Handler cdo - CD A- B - D - DB- C FB D - c program files common files microsoft shared web folders PKMCDO DLL Notify LBTWlgn - c program files common files logishrd bluetooth LBTWlgn dll SSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - c windows system wpdshserviceobj dll Hosts www spywareinfo com FIREFOX FF - ProfilePath - c documents and settings head quartrers application data mozilla firefox profiles yxghx pk default ---- FIREFOX POLICIES ---- FF - user js browser cache memory capacity - FF - user js browser chrome favicons - false FF - user js browser display show image placeholders - true FF - user js browser turbo enabled - true FF - user js browser urlbar autocomplete enabled - true FF - user js browser urlbar autofill - true FF - user js browser urlbar hideGoButton - FF - user js content max tokenizing time - FF - user js content maxtextrun - FF - user js content notify backoffcount - FF - user js content notify interval - FF - user js content notify ontimer - true FF - user js content switch threshold - FF - user js dom disable window status change - true FF - user js network http max-connections - FF - user js network http max-connections-per-server - FF - user js network http max... Read more

A:Repeat Attacks From \device\harddiskvolume1\program files\mozilla firefox\firefox.exe

Hello and welcome to the forums!My secret agent name on the forums is SweetTech (you can call me ST for short), it's a pleasure to meet you. I am very sorry for the delay in responding, but as you can see we are at the moment being flooded with logs which, when paired with the never-ending shortage of helpers, resulted in the delayed responding to your thread.I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems.If you have since resolved the issues you were originally experiencing, or have received help elsewhere, please inform me so that this topic can be closed. If you have not, please adhere to the guidelines below and then follow instructions as outlined further below:Logs from malware removal programs (OTL is one of them) can take some time to analyze. I need you to be patient while I analyze any logs you post. Please remember, I am a volunteer, and I do have a life outside of these forums.
Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you. Attention to detail is important! Since I cannot see or directly interact with your computer I am dependent on you to "be my eyes" and provide as much information as you can regarding the current state of your computer.
If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, do NOT continue! Stop and ask!
In Windows Vista and Windows 7, all tools need to be started by right clicking and selecting Run as Administrator!
If I instruct you to download a specific tool in which you already have, please delete the copy that you have and re-download the tool. The reason I ask you to do this is because these tools are updated fairly regularly.
Do not do things I do not ask for, such as running a spyware scan on your computer. The one thing that you should always do, is to make sure sure that your anti-virus definitions are up-to-date!
Please do not use the Attachment feature for any log file. Do a Copy/Paste of the entire contents of the log file and submit it inside your post.
I am going to stick with you until ALL malware is gone from your system. I would appreciate it if you would do the same. From this point, we're in this together ;)
Because of this, you must reply within three days failure to reply will result in the topic being closed!
Lastly, I am no magician. I will try very hard to fix your issues, but no promises can be made. Also be aware that some infections are so severe that you might need to resort to reformatting and reinstalling your operating system.
Don't worry, this only happens in severe cases, but it sadly does happen. Be prepared to back up your data. Have means of backing up your data available.____________________________________________________Rootkit UnHooker (RkU)Please download Rootkit Unhooker from one of the following links and save it to your desktop.Link 1 (.exe file)Link 2 (zipped file)Link 3 (.rar file)In order to use this tool if you downloaded from either of the second two links, you will need to extract the RKUnhookerLE.exe file using a program capable of extracing ZIP and RAR compressed files. If you don't have an extraction program, you can downlaod, install and use the free 7-zip utility.Double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to start the program.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check Drivers, Stealth Code, and uncheck the rest.Click OK.Wait until it's finished and then go to File > Save Report.Save the report to your Desktop.Copy and paste the contents of the report into your next reply.-- Note: You may get this warning...just ignore it, click OK and continue: "Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself! It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?".NEXT:Running OTLWe need to create a FULL OTL ReportPlease download OTL from here:
Main MirrorMirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the i... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/404138/repeat-attacks-from-deviceharddiskvolume1program-filesmozilla-firefoxfirefoxexe/
Relevancy 30.53%

Acer Aspire - Windows bit Service Pack Intel Core i - M GHz MB L cache Addition txt would not attach so I pasted it at the end Scan result of Farbar Recovery extra programs, Firefox tabs opening in firefox..... unwanted in Banners window, Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Owner administrator on OWNER-PC on - - Running from C Users Owner Downloads Loaded Profiles Owner Available Profiles Owner Platform Windows Home Premium Service Pack X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser FF Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo Banners in Firefox window, unwanted programs, extra tabs opening in firefox..... com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wlanext exe Apple Inc C Program Files x Common Banners in Firefox window, unwanted programs, extra tabs opening in firefox..... Files Apple Mobile Banners in Firefox window, unwanted programs, extra tabs opening in firefox..... Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Office ClientX officeclicktorun exe Hewlett-Packard Company C Program Files x Hp Common HPSupportSolutionsFrameworkService exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxtray exe Intel Corporation C Windows System hkcmd exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxpers exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System GWX GWX exe Hewlett-Packard Development Company LP C Program Files HP HP Officejet Pro Bin ScanToPCActivationApp exe McAfee Inc C Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe Hewlett-Packard Development Company LP C Program Files HP HP Officejet Pro Bin HPNetworkCommunicatorCom exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe Renesas Electronics Corporation C Program Files x Renesas Electronics USB Host Controller Driver Application nusb mon exe Oracle Corporation C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe Disc Soft Ltd C Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite DiscSoftBusService exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe BlueStack Systems Inc C Program Files x BlueStacks HD-Agent exe Piriform Ltd C Program Files CCleaner CCleaner exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorDataMgrSvc exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe Ninja Soft Inc C Program Files x Ninja Loader NinjaMaintainer exe Ninja Soft Inc C Program Files x Ninja Loader NinjaMaintainer exe Ninja Soft Inc C Program Files x Ninja Loader NinjaMaintainer exe CLICK YES BELOW LP C Program Files x Ninja Loader Ninja Loader exe Cinema PlusV C Program Files x CinemaPlus- cV -ntf d c- e- d d- aed- c f e b - exe Cinema PlusV C Program Files x CinemaPlus- cV d c- e- d d- aed- c f e b - - exe Mozilla Corporation C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Adobe Systems Inc C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe Adobe Systems Inc C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe Piriform Ltd C Program Files CCleaner CCleaner exe The Chromium Authors C Users Owner AppData Local Ninja Loader Discover Discover exe The Chromium Authors C Users Owner AppData Local Ninja Loader Discover Discover exe The Chromium Authors C Users Owner AppData Local Ninja Loader Discover Discover exe The Chromium Authors C Users Owner AppData Local Ninja Loader Discover Discover exe The Chromium Authors C Users Owner AppData Local Ninja Loader Discover Discover exe The Chromium Authors C Users Owner AppData Local Ninja Loader Discover Discover exe The Chromium Authors C Users Owner Ap... Read more

A:Banners in Firefox window, unwanted programs, extra tabs opening in firefox.....

Hello! Welcome to BleepingComputer Forums!
My name is Georgi and and I will be helping you with your computer problems.
Before we begin, please note the following:
I will working be on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
The logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me.
Stay with the topic until I tell you that your system is clean. Missing symptoms does not mean that everything is okay.
Instructions that I give are for your system only!
Please do not run any tools until requested ! The reason for this is so I know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.
Please perform all steps in the order received. If you can't understand something don't hesitate to ask.
Again I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so. I will not help you if you do not follow my instructions.

Please download the latest version of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop. Don't kill any malicious processes at your own.Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Make sure that Addition.txt is checked before you press the Scan button.
Press Scan button.
It will make 2 logs (FRST.txt and Addition.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste them to your reply.

Regards,
Georgi

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578813/banners-in-firefox-window-unwanted-programs-extra-tabs-opening-in-firefox/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi I have had repeated attacks The websites ports and IP addresses the attacks were coming from varied but the one message I kept receiving wasTHE ATTACK WAS RESULTED FROM DEVICE HARDDISKVOLUME PROGRAMFILES MOZILLAFIREFOX FIREFOX EXE I m pretty sure it s from a virus Any help would be appreciatedNEED HELP sigh Hijack-thisLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Norton Premier Edition Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files TortoiseSVN bin TSVNCache exe C Program Files HP Digital From Attacks files\mozilla Repeat firefox\firefox.exe \device\harddiskvolume1\program Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Repeat Attacks From \device\harddiskvolume1\program files\mozilla firefox\firefox.exe HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware Ad-Aware exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Users Kyle Documents HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit C Windows system userinit exe O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Norton Premier Edition Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton Premier Edition Engine IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp BHO dll O - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files Norton Premier Edition Engine coIEPlg dll O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeA... Read more

A:Repeat Attacks From \device\harddiskvolume1\program files\mozilla firefox\firefox.exe

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
Link2
Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:
DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?""just click on Cancel, then Accept".information and logs:In your next post I need the following

.logs from DDSlog from RKUnHookerlet me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/392375/repeat-attacks-from-deviceharddiskvolume1program-filesmozilla-firefoxfirefoxexe/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello Last night I started receiving repeated attack warnings from my Norton Antivirus The websites and IP addresses the attacks were coming from varied but the one message I kept receiving wasTHE ATTACK WAS RESULTED FROM DEVICE HARDDISKVOLUME PROGRAMFILES MOZILLAFIREFOX FIREFOX EXETo get rid of the repeat warnings I ran my Norton Antivirus then downloaded and ran TDSSKILLER SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition and Malwarebytes Free Edition All the programs found and removed suspicious programs Today being a bit cautious I did a few general Google Searches and it seems the constant attack warnings had stopped But then I tried to enter one of my From Repeat firefox\firefox.exe \device\harddiskvolume1\program files\mozilla Attacks normal sites and it seemed Repeat Attacks From \device\harddiskvolume1\program files\mozilla firefox\firefox.exe the virus trogen or whatever it is tried to re-direct me to a Fake App Again the website and IP address was different than before but once again I recieved this warningTHE ATTACK WAS RESULTED FROM DEVICE HARDDISKVOLUME PROGRAMFILES MOZILLAFIREFOX FIREFOX EXESo now being something at a loss I would very much appreciate any help you guys at Bleeping Computer can offer I have followed the Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help Repeat Attacks From \device\harddiskvolume1\program files\mozilla firefox\firefox.exe and have pasted the DDS log below plus I have attached the DDS GMER files and a copy of today s Norton Attack Report if I have missed anything out please let me know Thanks jdpex DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by John O Shea at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT AV Norton Enabled Updated E A - - -B - C C F FW Norton Enabled Running Processes Repeat Attacks From \device\harddiskvolume1\program files\mozilla firefox\firefox.exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroupC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exeC Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exeC Program Files Common Files PC Tools sMonitor StartManSvc exeC Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exeC WINDOWS system slserv exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEsvchost exeC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Norton Engine MCUI EXEC Program Files Windows NT Accessories wordpad exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exeC Documents and Settings John O Shea Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google co uk uInternet Settings ProxyOverride localuSearchURL Default hxxp search aol co uk web isinit true amp query sBHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No FileBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO AB -E D - F -A A - FA CCA C - No FileBHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No FileBHO Symantec NCO BHO adb e- aff- - aa - dac dfa - c program files norton engine coIEPlg dllBHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention d ec - aae- -aeee-f f c - c program files norton engine IPSBHO DLLBHO Search Helper ebf - f- bff-a f-b e aac b - c program files microsoft search enhancement pack search helper SEPsearchhelperie dllBHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dllBHO MSN Toolbar Helper d ce e -... Read more

Hello and welcome to the forums!My secret agent name on the forums is SweetTech (you can call me ST for short), it's a pleasure to meet you. I am very sorry for the delay in responding, but as you can see we are at the moment being flooded with logs which, when paired with the never-ending shortage of helpers, resulted in the delayed responding to your thread.I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems.If you have since resolved the issues you were originally experiencing, or have received help elsewhere, please inform me so that this topic can be closed. If you have not, please adhere to the guidelines below and then follow instructions as outlined further below:Logs from malware removal programs (OTL is one of them) can take some time to analyze. I need you to be patient while I analyze any logs you post. Please remember, I am a volunteer, and I do have a life outside of these forums.
Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you. Attention to detail is important! Since I cannot see or directly interact with your computer I am dependent on you to "be my eyes" and provide as much information as you can regarding the current state of your computer.
If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, do NOT continue! Stop and ask!
In Windows Vista and Windows 7, all tools need to be started by right clicking and selecting Run as Administrator!
Do not do things I do not ask for, such as running a spyware scan on your computer. The one thing that you should always do, is to make sure sure that your anti-virus definitions are up-to-date!
Please do not use the Attachment feature for any log file. Do a Copy/Paste of the entire contents of the log file and submit it inside your post.
I am going to stick with you until ALL malware is gone from your system. I would appreciate it if you would do the same. From this point, we're in this together ;)
Because of this, you must reply within three days failure to reply will result in the topic being closed!
Please do not PM me directly for help. If you have any questions, post them in this topic.
Lastly, I am no magician. I will try very hard to fix your issues, but no promises can be made. Also be aware that some infections are so severe that you might need to resort to reformatting and reinstalling your operating system.
Don't worry, this only happens in severe cases, but it sadly does happen. Be prepared to back up your data. Have means of backing up your data available.____________________________________________________Rootkit UnHooker (RkU)Please download Rootkit Unhooker from one of the following links and save it to your desktop.Link 1 (.exe file)Link 2 (zipped file)Link 3 (.rar file)In order to use this tool if you downloaded from either of the second two links, you will need to extract the RKUnhookerLE.exe file using a program capable of extracing ZIP and RAR compressed files. If you don't have an extraction program, you can downlaod, install and use the free 7-zip utility.Double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to start the program.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check Drivers, Stealth, and uncheck the rest.Click OK.Wait until it's finished and then go to File > Save Report.Save the report to your Desktop.Copy and paste the contents of the report into your next reply.-- Note: You may get this warning...just ignore it, click OK and continue: "Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself! It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?".NEXT:Running OTLWe need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply her... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/390990/repeat-attacks-from-deviceharddiskvolume1program-filesmozilla-firefoxfirefoxexe/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi UP Infected in with Bar Search unkown Chrome/Firefox.Firefox Malware/Virus POPS I am infected with some virus malware which is causing additional search bar to open on firefox Infected with unkown Malware/Virus Search Bar POPS UP in Chrome/Firefox.Firefox It is permanent on firefox but on chrome it comes sometime I am unable to use firefox as it has reduce the speed of the browser For chrome whenever I cluck on certain button or login button then additionaly some random website open On opening gogole on random basis additional search bar open and what we type on google search it comes on that bar which open yahoo search or some other search I tried adw cleaner microsoft recovery tool and they showed nothing Anti Malwarebyters I am unable to run After installing I tried using chamelon mode but it shows in dos Infected with unkown Malware/Virus Search Bar POPS UP in Chrome/Firefox.Firefox that it is started then update fail and it is never running I have also refreshed chrome and firefox browser Also use chrome software to remove malware Have MCAFFE installed in computer and done complete scan For farbar recovery mode It is showing not responding Kindly help Screen shot attached Thanks in advance PS I know an ISO file has cause this problem and I am having that in my computer if required I can share that

A:Infected with unkown Malware/Virus Search Bar POPS UP in Chrome/Firefox.Firefox

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Download the version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.How to attach a file to your reply:In the Reply section in the bottom of the topic Click the "more reply Options" button.Attach the file.Select the "Choose a File" navigate to the location of the File.Click the file you wish to Attach.Click the Add reply button.===Please post the logs for my review.Wait for further instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/619085/infected-with-unkown-malwarevirus-search-bar-pops-up-in-chromefirefoxfirefox/
Relevancy 30.1%

Firefox has been freezing up on me, and when I close it down, I get a bluescreen error. It also happens a lot of the time when I close Firefox down normally. This was happening before I updated to the latest version of FF. I am running Windows XP, and have recently started using ZoneAlarm and Avast on my system.

A:Firefox closes = bluescreen error? (Moved for the mozilla/Firefox Forum)

Hi,

Can you give us the error in full that you are getting. Also, I would check and make sure that ZoneAlarm and Avast are allowing FF to connect to the internet.

Cheers!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/firefox-closes-bluescreen-error-moved-for-the-mozilla-firefox-forum-325606.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I know other users have had issues firefox\firefox.exe files\mozilla From \device\harddiskvolume1\program Attacks with this but I didn t know if I could follow the solutions for their problem or not Not sure what information is helpful so I ll start and the top and be brief For my Attacks From \device\harddiskvolume1\program files\mozilla firefox\firefox.exe job I am required to sometimes go to suspect websites and normally Norton will catch anything before it even has a chance to download Sadly two weeks ago I did download a file called Trojan Gen or at least that is what Norton called it Almost immediately Norton caught and removed all threats but I knew I wasn t going to get off that easy For a few days everything seemed fine but shortly after I started seeing attack messages from Norton from device harddiskvolume program files mozilla firefox firefox exe the IP and web address changes I couldn t tell if it was doing anything to my computer and have since been trying to remove it with no luck with Norton Now my web pages are being redirected to either a fake search page or a Pay Per Click page if I click a link in Google Norton and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free are telling me that they are not detecting anything I did read the preparation guide so I hope I have all the information that is needed I want to thank you in advance for any help that I can get and I understand that this is a process I appreciate your time -Eve DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Fri Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Norton AntiVirus Enabled Updated E A - - -B - C C F Running Processes C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe svchost exe C Program Files Amazon Amazon Games amp Software Downloader AmazonGSDownloaderService exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Juniper Networks Common Files dsNcService exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Network Adapter with SpeedBooster WLService exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Network Adapter with SpeedBooster WMP GSv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe C Program Files Amazon Amazon Games amp Software Downloader AmazonGSDownloaderTray exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro dpupdchk exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Documents and Settings Owner Local Settings Apps E CMPZ VT N VDRG OC curs tion eee a efb a c b CurseClient exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop Laaaaaaaaa dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www alienware com mDefault Page URL hxxp www alienware com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO FE - E- C -A -F A FE D - No File BHO CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - No Fil... Read more

A:Attacks From \device\harddiskvolume1\program files\mozilla firefox\firefox.exe

Please do not PM me directly for help. If you have any questions, post them in this topic.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check Drivers, Stealth, and uncheck the rest.Click OK.Wait until it's finished and then go to File > Save Report.Save the report to your Desktop.Copy and paste the contents of the report into your next reply.-- Note: You may get this warning...just ignore it, click OK and continue: "Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself! It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?".NEXT:Running OTLWe need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/394371/attacks-from-deviceharddiskvolume1program-filesmozilla-firefoxfirefoxexe/
Relevancy 30.1%

I have been trying to find help from different compter help forums but it seems that I can not get any help with my problems I was told to just reformat my pc Which I may end up blurs, text updates firefox Firefox pc.etc restarts won't my Windows update, doing but want to make sure that is the last resort type thing Since my warrenty for this pc has expired Firefox text blurs, Windows updates won't update, firefox restarts my pc.etc so I am not sure if I am able to receive any of the disks that I need for free or cheap So I can reformat my Firefox text blurs, Windows updates won't update, firefox restarts my pc.etc pc Anyways I want to list my problems here I do not think this is a maleware issue as I have already been through all the clean ups It seems that my pc is free of viruses and spyware Though maybe something is hidden in my Firefox text blurs, Windows updates won't update, firefox restarts my pc.etc pc which I can not find Either way here is the main issues that is going on with my computer which I really would like help on Let's begin with the windows update I have windows update that wants me to update I E to it's latest version However I am unable to do that for some reason The error it gives me is it failed to update I have tried uinstalling I e but it won't allow me to I have tired reinstalling it but it won't allow me to I have tried deleting it from the main directly but that did not work I do not use I e but the fact that my pc has to restart to update this is getting a bit annoying So I would like a way to fix this if possible Once again I already tried uinstalling it hiding i e update and reinstalling i e Nothing seems to work The second problem I have is with firefox The text in firefox blurs out sometimes I have no clue why but it may be with some plug ins that are stuck in firefox I am unable to remove those as they have no removal next to the plug ins I tried a clean install but reseting firefox and that does not help I could use another browser but I prefer not to as this text was fixed before I just do not remember how I did it Another problem with firefox is that it occassonally restarts my pc out of no where I think it has to do with flash or something Since it seems whenever i go watch videos slide shows or any website that has flash on it It restarts my whole pc This only happens on firefox as I tried other browsers and it doesn't do that My final problem which is the least of the issues going on If this is unable to fix that's not biggy as I have nothing important with these folders The problem is that my documents videos and music folders do not open It gives me a error stating that the folders have been missing and are safe to be deleted Example Musiclibrary-MS is no longer working The library can be saftly deleted from the computer The folders that are included will not be affected How do i fix this if possible Thank you all so much and looking forward to some help here in worse case Ill just reformat my pc but I want that to be the very last solution

A:Firefox text blurs, Windows updates won't update, firefox restarts my pc.etc

If it does come to reloading the system you can borrow a copy of Vista from friend, unfortunately MS does not supply any ISO's on Digital River.  One very important thing you must use the same version of Vista, also look over the computers box for Microsoft COA sticker with the serial number on it you must have that.  Get the info ahead of time, right my computer it will show your version. It is possible that you may not have to go through that if the machine has a recovery partition, you would need to look on the makers site.

Now all that being said I feel you do in fact have a bug and need some help from the guys up here!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/531048/firefox-text-blurs-windows-updates-wont-update-firefox-restarts-my-pcetc/
Relevancy 30.1%

I don t know what to do I m out of resources I tried multiple solutions including also get Solved: tabs While Firefox. I firefox IE running popups, in it my opens running ad-aware in safe mode no dice I also tried a solution you gave to pabs which included BFU Alcra Plus Remover ATF Cleaner and AVG spyware no dice as well This darn thing specially likes to pop up on the initial start up of Firefox and every couple clicks please help Here is my HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Solved: While running firefox I get IE popups, it also opens tabs in my Firefox. Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exe C WINDOWS system brsvc a exe C WINDOWS system brss a exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS system Brmfrmps exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-aware Ad-watch exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Documents and Settings Chris Desktop HiJackThis v exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - A C D - F - -A -C BB - C WINDOWS system gedyelqm dll O - BHO no name - B - - - AA - BF A - no file O - BHO no name - FD D- B - F- A-F F - C WINDOWS system mljjg dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run Ad-watch quot C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-aware Ad-watch exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run osCheck quot C Program Files Norton AntiVirus osCheck exe quot O - HKLM Run Symantec PIF AlertEng quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe quot a m quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A AlertEng dll quot O - HKCU Run Creative Detector quot C Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exe quot R O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce RunNarrator Narrator exe User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT RunOnce RunNarrator Narrator exe User Default user O - Global Startup Logitech SetPoint lnk O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - Trusted Zone sxload net HKLM O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com windowsupdate v V Controls en x client wuweb site cab O - Winlogon Notify mljjg - C WINDOWS system mljjg dll O - SharedTaskScheduler Browseui preloader - C -A BA- D -B B- A C E - C WINDOWS System browseui dll O - SharedTaskScheduler Component Categor... Read more

A:Solved: While running firefox I get IE popups, it also opens tabs in my Firefox.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-while-running-firefox-i-get-ie-popups-it-also-opens-tabs-in-my-firefox.566715/
Relevancy 30.1%

I don't know if these are related which is why I'm posting this in the same thread and I honestly don't know what to do I have a pretty good feeling this is malicious since the ads starting showing up at the bottom of every webpage and look the same The ad says Brought to you by Each day around am I get a popup window on my desktop that tells me that I need to update Flash yet I've already downloaded and installed Flash from the adobe website and verified that it is up to date So I close the reminder since I don't know if it is a virus or not I scanned using hijackthis every is ads opened. has Da and new suspicious Firefox time opens tabs Firefox 3 so I could have a log handy if needed However when I Firefox has new suspicious ads and opens 3 tabs every time Firefox is opened. Da ran it there was a warning window that said For some reason your system denied write access to the Hosts file If any hijacked domains are in this file HijackThis may NOT be able to fix this If that happens you need to edit the file yourself To do this click Start Run and type notepad C Firefox has new suspicious ads and opens 3 tabs every time Firefox is opened. Da Windows System drivers etc hosts and press Enter Find the line s HijackThis reports and delete them Save the file as 'hosts ' with quotes and reboot For Vista and above simply exit HijackThis right click on the HijackThis icon choose 'Run as administrator' Any help would be appreciated Thanks

A:Firefox has new suspicious ads and opens 3 tabs every time Firefox is opened. Da

Welcome aboard  HJT is not allowed in this forum.  Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2. SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.NOTE 3. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message restart computer and Security Check should run Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit to your desktop.Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.Double click on downloaded file.... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559616/firefox-has-new-suspicious-ads-and-opens-3-tabs-every-time-firefox-is-opened-da/
Relevancy 30.1%

After having it freezing now its crashing here's the crash report container firefox stopped has for Firefox (plugin working) crashing the only plugin that i have is the shockwave flash ff version this happened on older versions too Problem signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name plugin-container exe Application Version Application Timestamp c a Fault Module Name mozalloc dll Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp be ee Exception Code Exception Offset OS Version Locale ID Additional Information Firefox crashing (plugin container for firefox has stopped working) a e Additional Information a e d b ad b a e Event viewer Log Name Application Source Application Error Date AM Event ID Task Category Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer Aurora Description Faulting application name plugin-container exe version time stamp x c a Faulting module name mozalloc dll version time stamp x be ee Exception code x Fault offset x Faulting process id x ac Faulting application start time x cffeabbd cc Faulting application path C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe Faulting module path C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox mozalloc dll Report Id ac- a f- e - b- cd bab fb Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Application Error quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Aurora lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt plugin-container exe lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt c a lt Data gt lt Data gt mozalloc dll lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt be ee lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt ac lt Data gt lt Data gt cffeabbd cc lt Data gt lt Data gt C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe lt Data gt lt Data gt C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox mozalloc dll lt Data gt lt Data gt ac- a f- e - b- cd bab fb lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Additional Information a e Additional Information a e d b ad b a e

A:Firefox crashing (plugin container for firefox has stopped working)

Go to Index page ? mozillaZine Forums ; on the right-side of the screen, in the search box for Boards, enter "plugin container crashes" (without the quotation marks) and read some of the threads, which may lead you to the solution.

My quick look at a few of those threads indicated that hardware acceleration may be the culprit; if you need help with that, do another search for that subject.

There was an amusing incident on mozillaZine recently concerning hardware acceleration: One person posted a vituperative message blaming the moderators for frequently suggesting turning off hardware acceleration on the grounds that doing that had never helped a single person.

The very next thread I read was from a person thanking the moderators: He had been told to try turning off hardware acceleration, he did so, and his problem was solved.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/352000-firefox-crashing-plugin-container-firefox-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello I have been lurking bleepingcomputer as a non-member for and using when Firefox Random (particularly pop-up while redirects Firefox occasional Add-On StumbleUpon) with browsing a while now I typically am able to find the instructions to fix almost any problem a computer be it mine or a friends has from your forum Now it seems I am unable to find the solution to my specific problem so I finally signed up as a member My problem is similar to all these redirect virus issues I have been reading but slightly different and not Random redirects and occasional pop-up while browsing with Firefox (particularly when using Firefox Add-On StumbleUpon) quite the same Here s the Random redirects and occasional pop-up while browsing with Firefox (particularly when using Firefox Add-On StumbleUpon) problem Randomly when I am browsing the internet every now and again a site that I come across typically while using StumbleUpon Firefox Add-On will redirect to some completely random site It doesn t appear to follow any pattern and has redirected to various different websites The websites I am redirected to are rarely the same website I was redirected to before the only exception being theclickcheck com and Random redirects and occasional pop-up while browsing with Firefox (particularly when using Firefox Add-On StumbleUpon) yellowpages com both of these websites I have been redirected to more than once Additionally even if I don t have a browser open a pop-up will appear in a new window If a browser is open the pop-up window error will occur more frequently it seems in a separate window not a separate tab Also I noticed each redirect or pop-up goes through google-analytics com so this may still be the google redirect virus but I am unsure I have had this issue for about a week now and I have been unable to get the time to really find the problem I wish to do online banking bill paying and the what not but fear that my information might become compromised So far this is my current efforts to find the problem - Full System Scan using ESET Smart Security This is the upgraded version of just the standard ESET NOD Antivirus - Ran HitmanPro found nothing probably was unnecessary to run Hitman - Downloaded and ran TDSSKiller from http support kaspersky com viruses solutions qid Found a potential problem with a file called sptd sys which I later learned is part of Daemon Tools - Downloaded Defogger exe To block CD emulation before I post logs here - Checked the hosts file in C WINDOWS system drivers etc for any potential tampering or modification as it had been suggested on other websites No problems detected - Just downloaded MalwareBytes and currently running a full scan I have ran so many scans already with other programs I am not sure if MalwareBytes will find anything but I know you guys like it for your logs so I am in the process of doing that now Any help would be greatly appreciated I apologize for the lengthy post but I know it is extremely helpful for me when im lurking around if someone is more specific with there problem and has posted some of their attempted solutions Also I hope by describing my problem and attempted fixes this will aid in finding the solution Thanks a bunch NessajHere is my MalwareBytes log Malwarebytes Anti-Malware www malwarebytes orgDatabase version Windows Service Pack Internet Explorer PMmbam-log- - - - - txtScan type Full scan C D E F G H Objects scanned Time elapsed hour s minute s second s Memory Processes Infected Memory Modules Infected Registry Keys Infected Registry Values Infected Registry Data Items Infected Folders Infected Files Infected Memory Processes Infected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Infected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Infected No malicious items detected Registry Values Infected No malicious items detected Registry Data Items Infected HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Security Center AntiVirusDisableNotify Disabled SecurityCenter - gt Bad Good - gt Quarantined... Read more

A:Random redirects and occasional pop-up while browsing with Firefox (particularly when using Firefox Add-On StumbleUpon)

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
Link2
Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:
DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.extract RKUnhooker to your desktop
Note** it is zipped up in a .rar file - If you do not have a program to unzip this type of file
you can get a free one from here - http://www.7-zip.org/Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?""just click on Cancel, then Accept".information and logs:In your next post I need the following1.logs from DDS2.log from RKUnHooker3.let me know of any problems you may have had[/list]Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/358806/random-redirects-and-occasional-pop-up-while-browsing-with-firefox-particularly-when-using-firefox-add-on-stumbleupon/
Relevancy 30.1%

So First off I am sure most of you who are looking at this will think it is an easy fix and trust me I wish it was I have spent the entire update Software Software mode Issue boot, After (Aero, currupt) Safe day before this post searching for common fixes to issues with no luck First off here is the scenario I went go get on my PC that has been running flawless since December and the first thing I notice Software Issue After update (Aero, Safe mode boot, Software currupt) is it came back from sleep or idle whatever you want to call it This seems to happen now and then and I believe it happens because windows installed an update over the night Wednesday Normally this is no big deal I go about my way and all is fine So I noticed that some open files I was working on in excel have duplicates one set is read only one is not I closed all that down and we were all set The other big thing is the Aero feature was dead So I went online and hit ALL the usual fixes running the diagnostic downloading the specific MS diagnostic tool resetting the service multiple times restarts even some registry updates I found NOTHING worked The interesting thing is the only part of aero that is not working is the glass feature and the peek feature All the mouse icons and other attributes seem to be working I have an Nvidia GTX card so I updated to the most current form of the drivers nothing I delete the drivers and install the original CD drivers nothing I then delete the driver and try to use driver sweep to remove them This is when I notice that I can not boot into safe mode It just restarts when it gets to a login screen The other thing I noticed is my two installations of Autocad and Inventor are DOA they fail to launch and brings up the error report window So begrudgingly I reinstall and get the same error All other software works flawlessly So I am at my wits end I wanted to try a system restore to before the changes but the default system restore size only allowed and that was the original update at night I made a change and that one was gone I only have an OEM win disk so it appears I can not do a repair and all I can do is do a full reformat I am trying to avoid this route if at all possible so this is my last ditch effort to find an answer I have searched these forums and nothing works as of yet Thanks for any help P S I have also been getting an error when uninstalling software I have run a memory test I have scanned with AVG free amp Malwarebytes Custom Built PC Win pro ver build Service pack GIGABYTE GA-X -USB LGA Intel X USB ATX Intel Motherboard Intel Core i - Bloomfield GHz LGA W Quad-Core G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC EVGA -P - -TR GeForce GTX Fermi Superclocked MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready PC Power and Cooling Silencer Mk II W High Performance PLUS Mushkin Enhanced Callisto Deluxe MKNSSDCL GB-DX quot GB SATA II SSD x Seagate Barracuda ST AS TB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s x Seagate Barracuda XT ST AS TB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s

A:Software Issue After update (Aero, Safe mode boot, Software currupt)

Hi,

You mentioned OEM. Do you mean an OEM installation.....on a custom built machine? Which OEM?

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/280388-software-issue-after-update-aero-safe-mode-boot-software-currupt.html
Relevancy 30.1%

yes i am searching for a good software that can pack all of my software collections into one single installation.exe pack which i can install for later usage will some pliz give me a recomendation of such software to pack all the my files into one installation pack ?

A:finding a good software to make a collection of stuffs software into a installation

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/finding-a-good-software-to-make-a-collection-of-stuffs-software-into-a-installation.540172/
Relevancy 30.1%

I don't know if my problem is Firefox or WordPress but I thought I'd try here first.
I use WordPress to publish articles and usually copy and paste from the finished article in the Articles forum to WordPress but since I reinstalled Win 7 this no longer works as paste is no longer an option when I right click in WordPress, or at least in the particular part that I need it to. I can, however, do it in Internet Explorer, but images aren't copied over, which they used to be. I've tried all the usual things like clearing the cache, but nothing has worked. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

A:Is this Win 7 or Firefox at fault? Moved from Mozilla/Firefox browsers

Hi,
I am using Win-7 too but I haven't used IE. So my suggestion is to, try another browser for the same purpose and then see the effects (I feel firefox is well suited for the purpose). If you are getting same problems then, you are missing with some features of Win-7 otherwise, it is the website issue.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/is-this-win-7-or-firefox-at-fault-moved-from-mozilla-firefox-browsers-636306.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Well when i get on firefox and IE7 its comes up saying firefox.exe incounters problems we need to close this, same with IE7 i cannot get on any site to i got browse the net, and also it happens to a pinball game, in the games on all programs.

When i just click on the Pinball game, it open then closes.
Is there a way to stop this from happening?
I am not sure if this is Malware or a threat to the computer, but maybe you guys here may know if it is or not.

Cheers,
Samuel3.

A:Firefox, Ie7 And Pinball Game, Firefox.exe And Internet Explorer.exe.

Bumping.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/169825/firefox-ie7-and-pinball-game-firefoxexe-and-internet-explorerexe/
Relevancy 30.1%

Firefox and security certificates (3 web pages).

Secure data transmission on the internet relies on encryption and security certificates. Mozilla has revised the way Firefox 3 handles certificates, but not always for the better. A few modifications will sort things out – and give you more security.

-- Tom

A:Firefox and security certificates: The right way to handle encryption with Firefox 3

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/firefox-and-security-certificates-the-right-way-to-handle-encryption-with-firefox-3.810171/
Relevancy 30.1%

I keep getting a message that Firefox that suggests I have Mozilla running when I have saved and quit.The task manager indicates it is not running but I have Process Lasso which suggests that Firefox is running and hogging CPU.What can I do to resolve this?
JOHN

PS Its 1023am in UK

A:Firefox;Error message.Firefox is stll running

which task manager tab did you check? did you check the processes tab in your task manager? it should show a firefox.exe

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/firefox-error-message-firefox-is-stll-running-496430.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I set up Firefox Sync Bookmarks on my PC where and how do I get my Bookmarks which are being synced and saved ?

A:Firefox Sync Bookmarks [moved to Firefox forum]

Your Bookmarks, and anything else you chose to setup in sync, to save are sitting in your Sync Account. You login to your account, from any added devices you also setup.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...nc-my-computer

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/firefox-sync-bookmarks-1079889.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Good Day All I have Windows Pro Firefox Firefox frequently cannot connect to some websites also some sites Flash videos will not work I have tried disabling Hardware Acceleration and Launching FF in Safe mode and Launched IE to test but the issue persists so I think it may be W and not the browsers In Firefox the Error I receive is quot Unable to connect quot quot Firefox can't can't the Pro, 23.0.1: a Firefox to Firefox establish connection 8 server Windows establish a connection to the server at www gecrbcredit com quot In IE the Error I receive is quot This page can't be displayed quot GEMONEY is obviously one of the sites that has not worked since I started using W about weeks ago I had thought it was due to the Security of HTTPS but other sites using HTTPS do not have the same issue I also tried to connect via IP address with this result Pinging GEMONEY with bytes of data General failure General failure General failure General failure Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Any Input is appreciated thank you

A:Windows 8 Pro, Firefox 23.0.1: Firefox can't establish a connection to the server

Clear the internet cache. How to clear the Firefox cache | Firefox Help
You can also add this site as an exception:
1. Go to Tools > Options and select the Privacy tab.
2. Click Cookies and then click the Exceptions button.
3. Type in the URL you wish to allow, and click the Allow button.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-8-pro-firefox-23-0-1-firefox-cant-establish-a-connection-to-the-server-705424.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Please help Neither IE nor IEtab IE Neither firefox in IEtab pages, alone displays firefox works nor in firefox will display pages but firefox alone works fine I want to access a firefox incompatible site and get the following error The instruction at quot Neither IE nor IEtab in firefox displays pages, firefox alone works x d db quot referenced memory at quot x d db quot The memory could not be quot read quot When I debug I get a text file that begins as follows whole file is too long lt xml version quot quot encoding quot UTF- quot gt lt DATABASE gt lt EXE NAME quot IEXPLORE EXE quot FILTER quot GRABMI FILTER PRIVACY quot gt lt MATCHING FILE NAME quot HMMAPI DLL quot SIZE quot quot CHECKSUM quot xD D C quot BIN FILE VERSION quot quot Neither IE nor IEtab in firefox displays pages, firefox alone works BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot PRODUCT VERSION quot quot FILE DESCRIPTION quot Microsoft HTTP Mail Simple MAPI quot COMPANY NAME quot Microsoft Corporation quot PRODUCT NAME quot Microsoft Windows Operating System quot FILE VERSION quot xpsp sp rtm - quot ORIGINAL FILENAME quot HMMAPI DLL quot INTERNAL NAME quot HMMAPI quot LEGAL COPYRIGHT quot Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved quot VERFILEDATEHI quot x quot VERFILEDATELO quot x quot VERFILEOS quot x quot VERFILETYPE quot x quot MODULE TYPE quot WIN quot PE CHECKSUM quot x F quot LINKER VERSION quot x quot UPTO BIN FILE VERSION quot quot UPTO BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot LINK DATE quot quot UPTO LINK DATE quot quot VER LANGUAGE quot English United States x quot gt lt MATCHING FILE NAME quot iedw exe quot SIZE quot quot CHECKSUM quot x F FE quot BIN FILE VERSION quot quot BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot PRODUCT VERSION quot quot FILE DESCRIPTION quot IE Crash Detection quot COMPANY NAME quot Microsoft Corporation quot PRODUCT NAME quot Microsoft Windows Operating System quot FILE VERSION quot xpsp sp gdr - quot ORIGINAL FILENAME quot iedw exe quot INTERNAL NAME quot iedw exe quot LEGAL COPYRIGHT quot Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved quot VERFILEDATEHI quot x quot VERFILEDATELO quot x quot VERFILEOS quot x quot VERFILETYPE quot x quot MODULE TYPE quot WIN quot PE CHECKSUM quot x F quot LINKER VERSION quot x quot UPTO BIN FILE VERSION quot quot UPTO BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot LINK DATE quot quot UPTO LINK DATE quot quot VER LANGUAGE quot English United States x quot gt lt MATCHING FILE NAME quot IEXPLORE EXE quot SIZE quot quot CHECKSUM quot xE E quot BIN FILE VERSION quot quot BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot PRODUCT VERSION quot quot FILE DESCRIPTION quot Internet Explorer quot COMPANY NAME quot Microsoft Corporation quot PRODUCT NAME quot Microsoft Windows Operating System quot FILE VERSION quot xpsp sp rtm - quot ORIGINAL FILENAME quot IEXPLORE EXE quot INTERNAL NAME quot iexplore quot LEGAL COPYRIGHT quot Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved quot VERFILEDATEHI quot x quot VERFILEDATELO quot x quot VERFILEOS quot x quot VERFILETYPE quot x quot MODULE TYPE quot WIN quot PE CHECKSUM quot x C quot LINKER VERSION quot x quot UPTO BIN FILE VERSION quot quot UPTO BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot LINK DATE quot quot UPTO LINK DATE quot quot VER LANGUAGE quot English United States x quot gt lt MATCHING FILE NAME quot Connection Wizard icwconn dll quot SIZE quot quot CHECKSUM quot xDD DAB quot BIN FILE VERSION quot quot BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot PRODUCT VERSION quot quot FILE DESCRIPTION quot Internet Connection Wizard quot COMPANY NAME quot Microsoft Corporation quot PRODUCT NAME quot Microsoft Windows Operating System quot FILE VERSION quot xpsp sp rtm - quot ORIGINAL FILENAME quot icwconn dll quot INTERNAL NAME quot icwconn quot LEGAL COPYRIGHT quot Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved quot VERFILEDATEHI quot x quot VERFILEDATELO quot x quot VERFILEOS quot x quot VERFILETYPE quot x quot MODULE TYPE quot WIN quot PE CHECKSUM quot x BD quot LINKER VERSION quot x quot UPTO BIN FILE VERSION quot quot UPTO BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot LINK DATE quot quot UPTO LI... Read more

A:Neither IE nor IEtab in firefox displays pages, firefox alone works

Um,thanks for that.Why isn`t IE working seems to be the question.

Try running some antispyware scans in safe mode.The official info here - http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic30213.html

Resetting web settings - Tools>Internet Options>Programs. Click: Reset Web
Settings - (uncheck box for homepage) - Click Yes.

Or reinstall IE - http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_ie_reinstall.htm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/neither-ie-nor-ietab-in-firefox-displays-pages-firefox-alone-works.46398/
Relevancy 30.1%

I m hoping someone can help me diagnose and fix this problem Everything else on the computer seems to work ok but when I do a google search on Firefox and click a link from there it redirects me to somewhere Firefox searches 7, hijacked (windows 3.6.10) Firefox Google else and the response slows down drastically This doesn t seem to happen on Google Chrome Below is the result of running HijackThis I d greatly appreciate any help Thanks in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl Firefox Google searches hijacked (windows 7, Firefox 3.6.10) exeC Windows System hkcmd exeC Windows System Firefox Google searches hijacked (windows 7, Firefox 3.6.10) igfxpers exeC Program Files Classic Shell ClassicStartMenu exeC Program Files VMware VMware Player hqtray exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Windows system taskhost exeC Program Files Mozilla Thunderbird thunderbird exeC Users Sridhar AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC tools emacs- bin emacs exeC Windows system conhost exeC cygwin bin bash exeC Windows system conhost exeC Users Sridhar AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exeC Users Sridhar AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Sridhar AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Sridhar AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Sridhar AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Sridhar AppData Local Google Google Talk Plugin googletalkplugin exeC Users Sridhar AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Sridhar AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC tools bin HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com USSMB R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - Hosts localhostO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO ExplorerBHO Class - D D E- - E -B F- CB CD E - C Program Files Classic Shell ClassicExplorer dllO - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SearchHelper dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - E A DC - - A - EA-DC EC ACF - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dllO - Toolbar amp Windows Live Toolbar - FA EF- D- D - B F- A D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dllO - Toolbar Classic Explorer Bar - B -A D - -BE -D CE D - C Program Files Classic Shell ClassicEx... Read more

A:Firefox Google searches hijacked (windows 7, Firefox 3.6.10)

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:Download DDS and save it to your desktopLink1Link2Link3Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear: DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"information and logs:In your next post I need the following1.logs from DDS2.log from RKUnHooker3.let me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/352498/firefox-google-searches-hijacked-windows-7-firefox-3610/
Relevancy 30.1%

Could you tell me how to do this please?

i haven`t uninstalled and reinstalled yet so maybe i should ask are the bookmarks retained in the reinstallation?

A:[SOLVED] Put bookmarks back in Firefox after reinstallation of firefox 3.6

Hi Julie,

Yes, they should still be there.
However, I use MozBackup before doing anything 'drastic' with Firefox or Thunderbird to keep a separate backup of my profiles.

EDIT
Oops - just realised there is a sticky in this forum about backing up!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/solved-put-bookmarks-back-in-firefox-after-reinstallation-of-firefox-3-6-a-466204.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I was just curious if anybody has been receiving the same error message quot firefox open Firefox not will already because is [SOLVED] Error: running? Firefox is already running but is not responding To open a new window you must first close the existing Firefox process or restart your system quot I have been getting this on my laptop for a few weeks now off and on when I [SOLVED] Error: Firefox will not open because firefox is already running? close Mozilla Firefox for whatever reason and try to reopen it immediately after Usually after receiving the error message I just wait a few seconds and try again and the browser opens just fine However I now just found out that my cousin has been dealing with the same problem only worse when he uses his laptop at home different locations different networks different brands of laptop I witnessed first-hand that he had the same error message only his did not go away nor could we get his browser to open He says this happens to him every time he closes Firefox and tries to reload We resolved this issue by opening the task manager and manually ending Mozilla under processes not applications since it was not on the applications list but was on the processes list Tell me if you have been experiencing the same or similar issues with Mozilla Firefox I am curious because this is the only problem I have ever had with Firefox other than the occasional browser crash Thanks Chris

A:[SOLVED] Error: Firefox will not open because firefox is already running?

Had the same problem as your cousin with versions 3.5.0 and 3.5.1 but it has fixed itself with 3.5.2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/solved-error-firefox-will-not-open-because-firefox-is-already-running-404474.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Had a number of abrupt computer shutdowns due to power outage and now Firefox won't open no matter what I do. I'm trying to recover all my bookmarks before I reinstall Firefox. So, after identifying which file it is (I think) I'm trying to get a look inside so I can record everything.

Thanks! I'm all ears!

A:How do I open a Firefox bookmarks file (.json) without using Firefox?

Your bookmarks and other preferences are stored in a separate and independent location/file on your disk, so you should be able to delete and reinstall Ff without needing to do a special save for them. See if the information linked to below does not, however, answer your question:http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Backing%20up%20and%20restoring%20bookmarks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/430513/how-do-i-open-a-firefox-bookmarks-file-json-without-using-firefox/
Relevancy 30.1%

Well when i get on firefox and IE7 its comes up saying firefox.exe incounters problems we need to close this, same with IE7 i cannot get on any site to i got browse the net, and also it happens to a pinball game, in the games on all programs.

When i just click on the Pinball game, it open then closes.
Is there a way to stop this from happening?
I am not sure if this is Malware or a threat to the computer, but maybe you guys here may know if it is or not.

Cheers,
Samuel3.

A:Firefox, Ie7 And Pinball Game, Firefox.exe And Internet Explorer.exe

Hello,have you run an antivirus and antispyware scan yet? What tools do you have installed? Is this an XP or other system ? Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/167617/firefox-ie7-and-pinball-game-firefoxexe-and-internet-explorerexe/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi Can you please help My internet browsers Internet Explorer and Firefox keep on shutting down unexpectedly especially when I try to load a ads Internet keep down. shutting and Firefox Explorer Firefox redirects new page Internet Explorer and Firefox keep shutting down. Firefox redirects ads In Internet Explorer and Firefox keep shutting down. Firefox redirects ads addition when I use google in Firefox I am redirected to ad pages instead of the actual website SInce I started having this problem sometimes my computer freezez and the clock on my computer stops I ve run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Ad-Adware and even though they found some viruses it hasn t fixed the problem Below is the hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files ActivCard acautoreg exe C Program Files Common Files ActivCard accoca exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard PC COE OV CMS radexecd exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard PC COE OV CMS radsched exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard PC COE OV CMS Radstgms exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system rpcnet exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus SavRoam exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files UPHClean uphclean exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files TortoiseSVN bin TSVNCache exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard PC COE COEMsgDisplay exe C Program Files ActivCard ActivCard Gold agquickp exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard PC COE IDA EXE C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C WINDOWS system AccelerometerSt exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard GetIT GetIT exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Google Google Talk googletalk exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C PROGRA HPQ Shared HPQTOA EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Communicator communicator exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files DNA btdna exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Program Files eRoom ERClient exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice BIN C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqnrs exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C WINDOWS system H... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-explorer-and-firefox-keep-shutting-down-firefox-redirects-ads.820605/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hiya First time post Firefox exe process invokes in open, does. but process doesn't firefox.exe Firefox window Process Explorer very briefly if loaded directly from it s shortcut and is gone without opening a window at all I see now that upon shutting down the Vidalia bundle Tor Privoxy firefox exe process does stay started in Process Explorer but still no window If instead firefox is called upon by another program such as filehippo or avast say it invokes the firefox exe process but the browser window is nowhere to be seen as with directly invokeing without the Vidalia bundle ALT-Tab doesn t show a firefox window open and right-clicking on the process to bring that window to the front yields a greyed out option in the pop-up menu for window So there s no window Troubleshooting on my own I ve now struggled by with IE like now and updated a bunch of programs from filehippo including firefox itself to version build but still no firefox window Windows itself has updated this morning My fellow user a housemate has not any such problem with firefox when we switch users His works fine There s a bunch of crud in my hijack log and I ll post that below I ran ccleaner this morning and cleaned my registry up it needed it but no solvie I did a full avast scan including archives and found no viruses I m Firefox window doesn't open, but firefox.exe process does. running now with msconfig altered to bare startup stuff to eliminate potential conflicts there What could be the trouble I am standing by scratching my head waiting to pull my last hair out Here s the skinny Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Google Firefox window doesn't open, but firefox.exe process does. Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C Program Files HP Web Jetadmin hpwebjetd exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files PortReporter portreporter exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files UPHClean uphclean exe C Program Files Pwrchute ups Firefox window doesn't open, but firefox.exe process does. exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiapsrv exe C Program Files HP Web Jetadmin hpwebjetd exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C WINDOWS Logi MwX Exe C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Vidalia Bundle Vidalia vidalia exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Vidalia Bundle Privoxy privoxy exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Vidalia Bundle Tor tor exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS ALL USERS DOCUMENTS SHARED DOWNLOADS MICROSOFT PROCESS EXPLORER PROCESSEXPLORER PROCEXP EXE C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Microsoft Office ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/firefox-window-doesnt-open-but-firefox-exe-process-does.774308/
Relevancy 30.1%

Please help Neither IE nor IEtab in firefox will display pages but firefox pages, Neither alone displays works firefox in nor firefox IE IEtab alone works fine I want to access a firefox incompatible site and get the following error The instruction at quot x d db quot referenced memory at quot x d db quot The memory could not be quot read quot When I debug I get a text file that begins as follows whole file is too long Quote lt xml version quot quot encoding quot UTF- quot gt lt DATABASE gt lt EXE NAME quot IEXPLORE EXE quot FILTER quot GRABMI FILTER PRIVACY quot gt lt MATCHING FILE NAME quot HMMAPI DLL quot SIZE quot Neither IE nor IEtab in firefox displays pages, firefox alone works quot CHECKSUM quot xD D C quot BIN FILE VERSION quot Neither IE nor IEtab in firefox displays pages, firefox alone works quot BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot PRODUCT VERSION quot quot FILE DESCRIPTION quot Microsoft HTTP Neither IE nor IEtab in firefox displays pages, firefox alone works Mail Simple MAPI quot COMPANY NAME quot Microsoft Corporation quot PRODUCT NAME quot Microsoft Windows Operating System quot FILE VERSION quot xpsp sp rtm - quot ORIGINAL FILENAME quot HMMAPI DLL quot INTERNAL NAME quot HMMAPI quot LEGAL COPYRIGHT quot Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved quot VERFILEDATEHI quot x quot VERFILEDATELO quot x quot VERFILEOS quot x quot VERFILETYPE quot x quot MODULE TYPE quot WIN quot PE CHECKSUM quot x F quot LINKER VERSION quot x quot UPTO BIN FILE VERSION quot quot UPTO BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot LINK DATE quot quot UPTO LINK DATE quot quot VER LANGUAGE quot English United States x quot gt lt MATCHING FILE NAME quot iedw exe quot SIZE quot quot CHECKSUM quot x F FE quot BIN FILE VERSION quot quot BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot PRODUCT VERSION quot quot FILE DESCRIPTION quot IE Crash Detection quot COMPANY NAME quot Microsoft Corporation quot PRODUCT NAME quot Microsoft Windows Operating System quot FILE VERSION quot xpsp sp gdr - quot ORIGINAL FILENAME quot iedw exe quot INTERNAL NAME quot iedw exe quot LEGAL COPYRIGHT quot Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved quot VERFILEDATEHI quot x quot VERFILEDATELO quot x quot VERFILEOS quot x quot VERFILETYPE quot x quot MODULE TYPE quot WIN quot PE CHECKSUM quot x F quot LINKER VERSION quot x quot UPTO BIN FILE VERSION quot quot UPTO BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot LINK DATE quot quot UPTO LINK DATE quot quot VER LANGUAGE quot English United States x quot gt lt MATCHING FILE NAME quot IEXPLORE EXE quot SIZE quot quot CHECKSUM quot xE E quot BIN FILE VERSION quot quot BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot PRODUCT VERSION quot quot FILE DESCRIPTION quot Internet Explorer quot COMPANY NAME quot Microsoft Corporation quot PRODUCT NAME quot Microsoft Windows Operating System quot FILE VERSION quot xpsp sp rtm - quot ORIGINAL FILENAME quot IEXPLORE EXE quot INTERNAL NAME quot iexplore quot LEGAL COPYRIGHT quot Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved quot VERFILEDATEHI quot x quot VERFILEDATELO quot x quot VERFILEOS quot x quot VERFILETYPE quot x quot MODULE TYPE quot WIN quot PE CHECKSUM quot x C quot LINKER VERSION quot x quot UPTO BIN FILE VERSION quot quot UPTO BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot LINK DATE quot quot UPTO LINK DATE quot quot VER LANGUAGE quot English United States x quot gt lt MATCHING FILE NAME quot Connection Wizard icwconn dll quot SIZE quot quot CHECKSUM quot xDD DAB quot BIN FILE VERSION quot quot BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot PRODUCT VERSION quot quot FILE DESCRIPTION quot Internet Connection Wizard quot COMPANY NAME quot Microsoft Corporation quot PRODUCT NAME quot Microsoft Windows Operating System quot FILE VERSION quot xpsp sp rtm - quot ORIGINAL FILENAME quot icwconn dll quot INTERNAL NAME quot icwconn quot LEGAL COPYRIGHT quot Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved quot VERFILEDATEHI quot x quot VERFILEDATELO quot x quot VERFILEOS quot x quot VERFILETYPE quot x quot MODULE TYPE quot WIN quot PE CHECKSUM quot x BD quot LINKER VERSION quot x quot UPTO BIN FILE VERSIO... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/neither-ie-nor-ietab-in-firefox-displays-pages-firefox-alone-works-93624.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I was having problems with too high physical memory usage(highest was 73%) causing my PC to respond slower even during winexplore. I started uninstalling unnecessary programs and disabling unnecessary processes, when I noticed that plugin-container.exe is taking up 23,xxx KB memory while firefox takes up 400,xxxKB. Is this normal? Is there any way I can tone Firefox down to further lessen my PC's physical memory usage? As of now, it's down to 36%.

I usually run either Fraps, Skyrim, or Azureus Vuze while using Firefox. Current active plugins for Firefox are:
Quicktime plugin
Java Platform
Java Deployment toolkit
Shockwave Flash

A:Plugin container for firefox and firefox eating up memory

Unless you're very limited in ram, its nothing to worry about. I've stressed FF to eat up to 4GB or ram and another 4 for the Plugin Container.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/231759-plugin-container-firefox-firefox-eating-up-memory.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I'm using mac OS 10.5. I am trying to reinstall a clean version of firefox which is not a problem but I can't figure out how to get my old bookmarks back in. The browser has a function to import bookmarks from Safari, Internet Explorer and Opera but not previous bookmarks from firefox. I've tried to replace the bookmarks.html file in the application support folder, but it doesn't work. Does anyone know how to doe this?

A:reinstalling firefox and importing previous firefox bookmarks

I don't know the differences between firefox for windows and mac, but in windows you would click on bookmarks - then click on organize bookmarks, you can import your html file there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/reinstalling-firefox-and-importing-previous-firefox-bookmarks-195540.html
Relevancy 29.67%

I have windows xp pro on my laptop and cannot update avg or run MalwareBites and I get the error measage "software restriction policy " is prohibiting the software from running.  I've already gone to gpedit.msc and checked and it is set to unrestricted.  Please help

A:error measage "software restriction policy " is prohibiting the software

Hi SpideyLets start here.Please download Rkill by Grinler and save it to your desktop.Link 1Link 2Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista, right-click on it and Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.Do not reboot the computer, you will need to run the application again.ADW CleanerPlease download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.Click on the Scan button.AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.After reviewing the log, click on the Clean button.Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.-- Note: The contents of the AdwCleaner log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you recognize and know should not be removed, don't worry about it. If you see an entry you want to keep, return to AdwCleaner before cleaning...all detected items will be listed (and checked) in each tab. Click on each one and uncheck any items you want to keep (except you cannot uncheck Chrome and Firefox preferences lines).. Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message..

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559794/error-measage-software-restriction-policy-is-prohibiting-the-software/
Relevancy 29.67%

I haven't changed the Office software on this machine since well....ever. It's MS Office 2003 Pro. Ran the updates tonight and rebooted as required and when I opened Outlook, I get the message saying that my Office software is NOT the GENUINE thing.
I checked my update history on the MS UPDATE site and it installed a genuine validation tool....yet again. I've never gotten this message before and am wondering why...is this a false positive or did I pick up some kind of virus?

BTW, suddenly, my spysweeper software won't update the definitions saying that the keycode in inactive, but my subscription expires in July 2010.

These to occurrences are why I would even suspect a possib;e virus of some sort. My NOD32 hasn't picked up anything and a spysweeper scan came up clean.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/suddenly-my-ms-office-software-doesnt-pass-the-genuine-ms-software.879651/
Relevancy 29.67%

can you suggest a software for video editing? i'm lookig for a simple software that will help me to:

-"pixalize" some areas of the videos of my digital camera.
- cutting parts of videos.
- simple saving of the videos with similar video quality.

thanks.

A:can you suggest a software for video editing? i'm lookig for a simple software that w

There is really no proper freeware available which is as easy to use as Audacity.

If you are looking for a freeware and up for some reading and experimentation then go for VirtualDub. Literally it can do almost anyhting that a paid one can do, but it is really for some techie mind.

Otherwise, you can go for Pinnacle's or Ulead's any home solution products. Those will be cheaper and produces good result and very user friendly. I suggest that you check out Ulead's Video Studio.

Hope this helps you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-you-suggest-a-software-for-video-editing-im-lookig-for-a-simple-software-that-w.627875/
Relevancy 29.67%

I suspect that my PC got infected from Media codex Removal Malacious Spyware With Remove Software - Infection Software Cannot downloads I've used Ewido Spy-bot Ad-aware and others to remove these Here is my Hijack log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exec Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Malacious Software Infection - Cannot Remove With Spyware Removal Software Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC Program Files ewido anti-malware ewidoctrl exeC Program Files ewido anti-malware ewidoguard exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor sdhelp exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system wdfmgr exeC WINDOWS System alg exeC WINDOWS system Malacious Software Infection - Cannot Remove With Spyware Removal Software dcomcfg exeC WINDOWS system atmclk exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor swdoctor exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files GhostSurf Platinum Proxy exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXEC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC DOCUME COMPAQ LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for HijackThis zip HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie search msn com sub rfc srchasst srchasst htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www msn com access allinone aspR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www microsoft com isapi redir dll p er ar msnhomeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie ar iesearchR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie ar iesearchR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www microsoft com isapi redir dll p er ar msnhomeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http ie search msn com sub rfc srchasst srchcust htmR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Search URL http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie ar iesearchR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie ar iesearchR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page blank htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexploreR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt O - BHO Norton Internet Security - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dllO - BHO NAV Helper - A F D D-E - D -B A - BB FDD - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - BHO Nothing - b eca- bcd- - - e dc d - C WINDOWS system hp C tmp file missing O - Toolbar Norton Internet Security - B EAC - ... Read more

A:Malacious Software Infection - Cannot Remove With Spyware Removal Software

Hi and welcome to Bleeping Computer! My name is Sam and I will be helping you. Before we can get started on fixing your problem you must change the location of Hijackthis. It should not run from a temp directory. Download and run the HijackThis autoinstall program Please choose the default location of C:\Program Files as the destination.Run the program only from that location from now on. It is essential that you follow these steps or certain important features of the program will not function correctly.Once you have Hijackthis running from this folder, please reboot and post a new hijackthis log as a reply in this thread.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/51176/malacious-software-infection-cannot-remove-with-spyware-removal-software/
Relevancy 29.67%

WHAT is 'software distribution service 3.0' ? my system re-started itself at 3 am 08/10/11 ? i was running some new software and thought something went wrong. thanks WINDOWS/XP, HOW OFTEN DOES THIS HAPPEN ? DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT ? THANKS

A:SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTION SERVICE 3.0 ? : MY SYSTEM SHUT-DOWN ?WHAT is 'software distrib

See this post.

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-xp/652067-handling-software-distribution-service-3-a.html

T.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/software-distribution-service-3-0-my-system-shut-down-what-is-software-distrib.1011802/
Relevancy 29.67%

I want to know what is the best and easy to use Parental Control Software to filter and monitor the internet usage of children?

If there is a free version, that would be great!

A:Solved: Parental Control Software | Internet Monitoring Software

Hi smartcard
Here's an earlier thread on the same topic with some free progs and others' views:

http://forums.techguy.org/all-other-software/548671-safe-surfing-children.html

I hope this is of help?
Richard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-parental-control-software-internet-monitoring-software.580051/
Relevancy 29.67%

Is there such thing like that? A software that alerts/informs you when a new version of a certain software is released? please give me links. Thanks!

A:Solved: A software that alerts you when a new version of other software is released

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-a-software-that-alerts-you-when-a-new-version-of-other-software-is-released.386614/
Relevancy 29.67%

the idea is a program that constantly records, and has a button that saves a video of the last minute or so. that way, i can just play around with the software, and when a bug occurs, then i can review what i did. (i often encounter a crash, and forget exactly what i did.)

does any thing like this exist?? if so, can i get a link?

A:software tester recording software idea. does it already exist?

screen recorder does it. It records what happened on your computer screen so you can check it out what you did before bugs occured.

Google will help you.
http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=record+computer+screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/software-tester-recording-software-idea-does-it-already-exist.925436/