Windows Support Forum

Help diagnosing wireless network connection problems

Q: Help diagnosing wireless network connection problems

I m been having some network problems and I m really not sure to make of any of them Networking was never my strong point but I ve done everything I m capable of to try and diagnose and fix this problem So I have comcast and use my own router The last router I had was a netgear and needed replaced because it would restart itself randomly multiple times a day and I d be without internet for about - minutes at a time Instead network wireless Help connection diagnosing problems of trying constantly to fix it I just bought a linksys C to replace it with This problem started happening a little over a month ago and it manifests is self differently every time and the symptoms just don t at up in any logical way before I go out and buy a new router I want to ask you guys Obviously I get disconnected for about a minute at a time but Help diagnosing wireless network connection problems I also have long periods of just EXTREMELY slow internet Help diagnosing wireless network connection problems speeds I m talking mbps down to less than mbps The odd part comes in when I do a speed test during one of these drops in speed The speed test says I m getting all mbps of my connection but the youtube video I ll be watching will need to buffer Pages will also load very slowly but not all of them Techspot Youtube and Outlook all take forever to load during these slow downs but others will load just fine I can t figure out if this is the router or comcast It problem seems like it is a router problem because of me getting disconnected from my router but during these slow downs I can still access my router just fine and my internet speed will be displayed correctly I only have one computer connected to wifi so I can t test other machines What do you guys make of this Also what are some tests I can run to help diagnose this problem I m at wits end about this whole thing The disconnects seems to have stopped when I changed channels in my router to channel but I m still having this severe slow down issue Also as a side note I recently upgraded to xfinity and it came with a new modem These slowdowns have been occurring on both modems which leads me to believe it is the router Here is what I ve tried doing so far gt upgrading firmware gt changing ethernet cables gt changing modems gt changing wireless cards gt adjusting channels gt using different types of security WEP MAC WPA gt reinstalling windows gt using different browsers nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-diagnosing-wireless-network-connection-problems.204969/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Help diagnosing wireless network connection problems

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 72.67%

Hi
I have a desktop PC and 3 laptops. The laptops have always been wireless and worked ok but the PC was always hard wired through the ethernet to the router.
I have now moved the router to the kitchen and the laptops still connect and work fine.
I bought a belkin - enhanced wireless usb adapter for the PC to connect to the router wirelessly.
After installing the belkin software the computer became really really slow, so much so I assumed a conflict somewhere. I went into network connections and checked allow windows to manage this connection and the PC speed returned to normal i.e. real fast.
BUT, when I log on I get the wireless icon in the taskbar with the computer and 2 radio signal lines but the connection is not there. I HAVE to hit diagnose connection problem every time I want to connect to the internet - it works fine after that.
Any ideas please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/have-to-keep-diagnosing-connection-problems-to-connect.841590/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi So recently I have removed a nasty zeroaccess rootkit virus es from my laptop My Windows Firewall Defender and Updates would not work still won't my browser kept redirecting to unrelated websites and I was just overall having a TON of irritating issues I installed MalwareBytes and Zone Alarm in addition to my Microsoft Security Essentials and restarted my computer once - everything seemed fine I went to delete a few programs from my computer via the control panel just unneeded things like Canon software I don't even use anymore My computer told me I needed to restart so I did and when connection wireless driver adapter network Problems with and network it turned back on I suddenly had no more Internet access It registers that my Internet providers are being picked up on as in it says Silver Moose is emitting a signal yet I have quot limited access Problems with wireless network adapter and network connection driver quot and all other devices using the network in my home are working just fine I tried troubleshooting and it says that there Problems with wireless network adapter and network connection driver are problems with the wireless Problems with wireless network adapter and network connection driver network adapter and the driver for wireless network connection adapter I've read that removing a access will render someone Internet-less but some people have overcome this However every thread I've already taken a look at don't exactly fit with my problems computer model so I wanted to stay on the safe side and get help fitted exactly to me I have Windows bit a Gateway model NV I don't know if my processor Intel R Core details are needed If so I'll gladly provide them I ran ipconfig all and was about to transfer a copy of it from my messed up computer to this one via a flash drive but suddenly I've found that my computer doesn't recognize a flash drive at all anymore So it's very very messed up indeed I would REALLY like to know what I can do to try and make this situation better or if a system restore is the best option I don't know how to use system restore or what it all does so if you do recommend that can you please offer and explanation of the options it'll give me Will it give a time period I want to backtrack to I feel really helpless here so thanks a ton for any and all help

A:Problems with wireless network adapter and network connection driver

First with this remove Zone alarm, while it use to be a great product, it cause more issues than it's worth these days.
Next, Start menu-> All Programs -> Accessories -> Right click on command prompt and run as Administrator.

Type in netsh winsock reset and reboot, see if the combination of these will help.

Otherwise, system restore is very simple to use and will only affect programs installed, not your personal files. If this doesn't solve the issue pick a time before the rootkit, a couple weeks if possible, and just restore it. You can scroll through all the date to make note of any changes that will be made. Make sure to re-install your AV and Malwarebytes afterwards to keep you protected.

Also, I do not work for Malwarebytes, but $29 for a lifetime license and an active protection module is absolutely worth it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/252548-problems-wireless-network-adapter-network-connection-driver.html
Relevancy 71.38%

My job is working in advanced server support for a UK government Corporate Network Diagnosing Problems department actually I m Diagnosing Corporate Network Problems outsourced work for another company contracted to provide a specific service to the department but that seems to be the way these days As sees to be typical there are several levels of support usually contacted before me and my colleagues but one thing seems to be true because users always perceive problems from the POV of their own PC and its ability to access varied network resources we server and or desktop support are always the first point of contact As such in the event that we begin to suspect that the problem lies outside of our domain not a Windows domain although those are involved it becomes our responsibility to prove that it s another aspect of the network or service because if we suggest that to other teams the usual response is quot there s nothing wrong with lt XXXX gt quot and so on IMO that s not the way it should be but it invariably seems to be is even understandable form a customer perspective and it also tends to mean we get the flack irritable and sometimes even angry customers The trouble is of course that whilst I know a lot about servers and a fair bit about networks in general I am by no means a LAN WAN expert what I know about Cisco switches could be written on a pinhead and I have no specific method for establishing that an issue lies outside our domain I think I need such a method so I ve decided to create a document an aide memoire or checklist for my own use in the first instance but for the team perhaps later on so if required I can firmly establish where the fault lies if it is a server issue a router a switch or whatever What steps should I take What things should I check What are the implications of various bits of information if known Does anyone have any really good resources that they can point me to so I can create the document I want to Any help on this would be most definitely appreciated Kyu nbsp

A:Diagnosing Corporate Network Problems

I think you're trying to do a good thing. Part of what you want to know is based on experience. Another part depends on the problem. For example, if a user can't access a certain network resource that another team is responsible for and you can't ping it. Logs showing pings from the user's machine and machines on the same subnet or subnets (depending on how your network is set up) that RTO would be a really good start. Logs are probably the best way to demonstrate where the problem is. Become intimately familiar with bash (or other shell) networking commands (route, traceroute, ping, arp, et cetera). Grep syslogs for evidence of problems.

I hope that gets you started.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/diagnosing-corporate-network-problems.720710/
Relevancy 71.38%

Over the past couple of weeks my household's internet connection has been acting in a very confusing way On an almost daily basis there is an hour or so often around midnight for some reason when web pages seem to have modem connection Diagnosing erratic - internet problems? problems loading The modem still says its connected and working fine Diagnosing erratic internet connection - modem problems? The devices connected still say they have an active working internet connection but a large portion web pages wont load Its strange to me that its only some pages like perhaps - you go to a page and Diagnosing erratic internet connection - modem problems? it wont load refresh it more times and it'll eventually load then you go to another page and it loads fine revisit that page minutes later and it wont load again Chrome just says quot Oops Google Chrome could not find quot www example com quot quot It seems to me like perhaps its an issue with the DNS server the modem is using Whether its hosted by the modem or the ISP or what I don't really know how hosting of them works If I am downloading something its not like the speed is effected and once the download server has been reached the connection seems to remain uninterrupted for the most part This happens on all devices and computers connected to the network And like I said all parts of the network modem computers etc all say they are connection and functioning as expected Usually this will go on for minutes to an hour or two then solve itself unless I restart the modem So as far as I can tell this is a modem problem would any of you agree And if so while I am at it if any of you know a good modem for up to USD which can serve basic home network operations support around connections has wifi and at least Ethernet ports and an effective interface which allows effective port forwarding I'd like to hear about it or even just a brand you know and trust Thanks Tom

A:Diagnosing erratic internet connection - modem problems?

Hi Tomha,

If the issue is happening to all the computers in your network, I assume both wired and wireless (please correct me if I'm wrong), perhaps others are hogging the bandwidth. You may not have enough bandwidth subscribed.

Can you please post your speedtest?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/305760-diagnosing-erratic-internet-connection-modem-problems.html
Relevancy 69.23%

im trying to fix am old laptop we have and having oriblems conneting to my router, i know the router is fine as it is detcted with everythign else i use, but this laptop is not recignisign ANY networks, habve attempted repairs and gives the message could nto complete clearing the DNS cache. doesnt make much snece to me as it will initially detect a network on first startup for a few seconds then just disconnect. please help!

A:problems with wireless network connection

Hi:More info will be needed.
Make and model of modem and router
Delete all wireless profiles re-boot and see if you can sign onto your preferred network:
Like so:
http://mgmcc.forumotion.net/networking-tutorials-f17/removing-an-existing-wireless-profile-t109.htm
Then for further diagnostic purposes let's see the following:
From a Johnwill post on the Networking Forum
Try these simple tests.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

NOTE: For the items below surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous IPCONFIG command output! Do NOT type <computer_IP_address> into the command, that won't work. Also, the < and > in the text is to identify the parameters, they are also NOT used in the actual commands.

Do NOT include the <> either, they're just to identify the values for substitution.

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 74.125.45.100

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above. (For Vista/Win7, the IPv4 Address)

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

Then:
Let's see device manager:
Let&#8217;s take a look at the status of the network adapters

Device manager:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Please respond to all the following steps.
1. Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed.
2. Are there any devices under Network adapters that have a red x displayed?
3. Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?
4. should be enabled and working properly.
5. If error code,what is it ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-wireless-network-connection.925208/
Relevancy 69.23%

hi im having major internet connection problems im using sky wireless broadband with WPA-PSK AND TKIP encryption this pc works fine but my amilo pro V laptop using Ralink problems wireless connection network network adapter doesn t work properly It just says aquiring network address then just refreshes and never connects wireless network connection problems i searched around the internet for hours and have tried all sorts of things using the command prompt device manager and regestry editor but nothing i tried worked I couldn t take a screen shot so i typed up the command prompt from ipconfig all below if you could help me find something i missed or needed to do to fix it it will be very much appreciated as it s driving me nuts lol many thanks sam command prompt ipconfig all windows I P configuration host name user- e primary dns suffix node type Broadcast I P Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter local area connection media state media disconnected description VIA compatable fast ethernet adapter physical address - -CA-D - E-F Ethernet adapter wireless network connection-specific DNS suffix description Ralink RT Wireless LAN card physical address - - B-D - - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes I P address subnet mask default gateway DHCP server nbsp

A:wireless network connection problems

ok lol i just disconnected and reconnected and it worked but my pc is missing sound and the pc clock
i think in needs updating i updated internet explorer but i still get now sound or pc clock i think it's missing some drivers any ideas
thanks sam

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection-problems.968042/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi I m new here First post The problem is this I m using a Dell Inspiron laptop and I cannot connect fully to my network wirelessly When I try to connect using wireless it continually attempts to acquire but it never actually works and eventually times out When I check the status it shows that packets are being sent but not received After putting in my IP manually it both sends and receives packets and says it s connected but it doesn t seem to be as it won t open web pages or anything else It s also intermittent I ve tried the laptop with several different networks but I m still getting the same thing I ve tried setting windows as the default connection manager and network connection problems Wireless also the dell manager as the default manager but it doesn t seem to make a difference It works fine when I use a cable I used to have Vista on this had similar problems and ended up changing to XP which resolved this issue instantly Not sure if that is related to anything but Wireless network connection problems might have been worth throwing it in I also have a Desktop with which I m having similar problems I ve tried using two seperate Belkin usb dongles with it but both produce the same result network available good reception but for some reason intermittent and not connecting properly Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 69.23%

I have an HP ProBook 4540s laptop.

I am connecting to a wireless network. Router is 3 metres from my laptop.

I can connect with strong connectivity but my laptop continually disconnects all the time.

Almost every time I print something to my wireless printer I get disconnected from the network.

And also when I am simply browsing the web it disconnects me approx every 10 to 15 minutes.

I does not tell me that I am disconnected but I can't browse or the printing fails and I have to disconnect and reconnect.

Under network adaptors in my device manager I have:
Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-fi adaptor
Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
WAN Miniport (8 different ones)

I have right clicked and tried to update all drivers and it tells me that they are up to date.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

A:Wireless network connection problems

Make sure you have the latest wireless driver from HP's web site.

Do you get the same problem with an ethernet connection?

What firewall or security suite is, or ever was, on the system?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection-problems.1152395/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi everyone I have a bit of a dilemma with my wireless network at home Currently I am typing this on my network problems connection Wireless HP Pavilion laptop about - years old and I am connected to my wireless network the wireless router is at the opposite end of my house and on the floor above with bars signal strength However I also have a Dell laptop Wireless network connection problems used for work that will not Wireless network connection problems connect As far as I can see the connection settings are the same on both laptops but on the Dell machine even though it can Wireless network connection problems see the network with only bars signal strength it will not connect when I try I get the message saying that quot Windows was unable to connect to quot I run the troubleshooter and it says it cannot identify any problem My first question is is there a way to resolve this problem - I can t understand why the Dell laptop won t connect if it can see the network My second question is what is the best way to extend my wireless network s range I have tried using a Netgear Powerline extender with a wireless access point at one end but I can t get it configured properly I ve tried lots of different scenarios and currently have an open call logged with Netgear If I am unable to get that working do I have any other alternatives I am not able to move the wireless router as there is a PC in the room that needs to be physically cabled into the back All of my machines here are running Windows Is there a useful utility I could download that could help me or can anyone offer any advice please Thanks for reading nbsp

Relevancy 69.23%

I have connection problems network Wireless just recently gotten a new Netgear wireless USB adapter after going a few months without internet After I got my new USB adapter I thought I could just plug it into my computer and it would work just like the last one I had because I still had Wireless network connection problems all the software Wireless network connection problems on my computer It didnt work out that way and I ended up redoing the whole CD process of getting my USB adapter to Wireless network connection problems work again The USB adapter works but what happens is when I turn on my computer the internet wont start up till I disconnect from my network and then reconnect I know that I was told by my ISP that only people can be part of the network and any other computers using the network are just sharing my connection Why can t I have a steady connection am I just sharing my connection or am I in the network and how can I fix this problem nbsp

Relevancy 69.23%

I work in Not on Other Connection Network, Problems 1 Wireless a library which has wireless internet I have wireless at home as well At home my laptop connects fine However at the library it does Connection Problems on 1 Wireless Network, Not Other not connect This problem stemmed from when I was working with the library s fleet of laptops All of a sudden both my laptop and another displayed messages alerting me they both had conflicting IP addresses I shut the other laptop down as well as mine but the other sat powered off for about days Mine was connected to my network at home a few minutes later I came back to the library and the other laptop connected fine My laptop did not however I figured this stemmed from the IP address conflict I started looking at a few things and attempted to reset the router and power my computer off I grabbed another laptop which does connect and compared the settings in Wireless Connection Status gt Support to mine The working laptop is as such Address Type Assigned by DHCP IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway My non-working laptop on this network is as follows Address Type Automatic Private Address IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Blank Note that my computer does connect to the network after a longer amount of time but when IE or another program which utilizes the internet is opened nothing works I also noticed in the Wireless Network Connection Status gt General window that under activity packets are being sent but none received I tried resetting the IP and renewing it and other tips I found on this site I also attempted to reset a few other things as seen on this site utilizing the command prompt Obviously nothing work Please also note that I have never attempted or had to personally tweak any settings to connect to any of these networks Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

Relevancy 68.8%

Hi I hope you Connection Network Problems Solved: Wireless are all well First let me know explain I have stumbled across this forum via Google so I hope my post is appropriate Second I am no network genius so I hope my experience is appropriate or not too inappropriate I have recently signed up to Virgin Media fibre cable broadband UK based The internet is working wonders Straight from my wall into the modem they provided them from the modem to my laptop Solved: Wireless Network Connection Problems works great Really fast Really pleased However whats the point of having laptop if I have to plugged it in right So I m trying to get up a wireless network using a Linksys WRT G Wireless Router which Virgin Media tell me shouldn t have any problems To get this to work on their suggestion I simply unplug the ethernet cable that was going from my modem to my laptop into the router so it s going from the modem to the router into the internet port and then use another ethernet cable from the router to my computer I done this just to work as a channel so I could set the router up by going to the IP The Internet wireless and port lights come on green as they should do So I m confident the internet is passing into the router as it should However my network connection on my laptop is constantly saying Identifying I know my laptop wireless works as I often use it elsewhere I am using Windows Vista home and I have the connection set to obtain IP DNS automatically The connection is using IPV and IPV which I do not know too much about Any help would be much appreciated and if you have any questions I will try and answer them the best I can But I would class my knowledge as beginner when it comes to networking Many thanks Sam nbsp

Relevancy 67.94%

I have recently set up a wireless network at home so that I can share files and a printer across different PC s Currently I have PC s on the network - Studio a PC and Laptop a laptop I have enabled file sharing on Studio so that certain folders are visible and accessible by the Studio and Laptop machines Access to this works fine However when I try and do the same on the Laptop everything Connection problems wireless Solved: on network home seems OK until I try and access the Laptop machine from Studio When I go to My Network Places and then View Workgroup Computers I can see Laptop but when I double click on it I get the following error Laptop is not accessible You might not have permission to use the network resource Contact the administrator of this server to find out Solved: Connection problems on home wireless network if you have access permissions The network path was not found Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong or what I need to change in order to access the laptop If it helps to know the Studio PC is cabled to my wireless router and the laptop accesses the router across the wireless network Both machines are running Windows XP Home Thanks for reading nbsp

Relevancy 67.94%

Machine will connect to the wireless network, but will not connect to the internet.   Have rebooted, hard-rebooted, and uninstalled/reinstalled all network adapter drivers.   Any assistance welcome!  Thanks in advance.

A:HP Pavilion dv4 2123 TX Wireless Network connection problems

Hi @crana, Welcome to HP Forums! I have read your post and wanted to help. I understand that the laptop can connect to the WiFi network but has no Internet access. Is there any other device on the same network having the Internet access? Below is a document you can use for troubleshooting:HP PCs - Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7) Let me know how it goes. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me Kudos.  Regards,

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Pavilion-dv4-2123-TX-Wireless-Network-connection-problems/td-p/5695049
Relevancy 67.08%

Good evening I am having problems with my home network named Dlink Jones I use a WiFi based adapter off my laptop to pick up the connection but for some reason it hasn t been connecting Currently I m picking up another connection but this one is much weaker than my home network connection I tried to reset the firewall settings but I didn t have any luck getting the connection to become established That being said I m not the most computer literate person in the world so I don t know if I reset it properly My WLAN is on and I can see the light I have internet connection but not to the preferred network and I also have this System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm II P Dual-Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD M G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C home With Wireless to connect Problems Having Cant Internet connection, network Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard Antivirus Norton Internet Security Disabled Please tell me if there s anything else I need to add for you to help me out nbsp

A:Having Problems With Wireless Internet connection, Cant connect to home network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-problems-with-wireless-internet-connection-cant-connect-to-home-network.1032516/
Relevancy 67.08%

I recently moved into my new place, with no convenient place to put my computer using a wire to my router. (Orange live box)
So I decided to buy a "Belkin: N Wireless USB Network Adapter"
I can't seem to get it to connect.

Anyone got any advice on how to connect this device, i'm not sure wether or not it is my router or belkin that is being a pain in the bum.

Relevancy 67.08%

The title might be a little misleading. I connected a new HP multi-function printer to my wireless router via a wired connection. I followed the instructions and the printer is working fine. The problem is a very short time later my phone, laptop and Wii were disconnected from the wireless network and will not reconnect. Wii support says that a connection cannot be established because the router will not assign an IP address to it.Prior to connecting the printer, I've never had any problems connecting via a wireless connection with as many devices as I could possibly connect to it (phones, laptops, iPods, etc). There's also been a desktop connected to the router via wire prior to and after the printer was connected.
Any suggestions?

Relevancy 66.65%

DDS Ver slow other Connection Wireless problems. saves, computer, Network never Password - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Funtown at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT - AV AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Enabled Updated E C - B - FA - AB - E CB ECD SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Enabled Updated B F C - - E- - BB D A Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsa exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgcsrva exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system Wireless Network Connection Password never saves, slow computer, other problems. svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files x Creative Shared Files CTAudSvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x AMD RAIDXpert bin RAIDXpertService exe C Program Files x AMD RAIDXpert bin RAIDXpert exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgidsagent exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files x Garmin Core Update Service Garmin Cartography MapUpdate CoreService exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Client Services HPClientServices exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared HPDrvMntSvc exe C Windows SysWOW svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt c Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgnsa exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgemca exe C Program Files x PDF Complete pdfsvc exe C Program Files x IOGEAR n USB Wireless LAN Utility RtlService exe C Program Files x Roxio RoxioNow Player RNowSvc exe C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWinSec exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system svchost exe -k HPService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows System WUDFHost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Odometer hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP MediaSmart SmartMenu exe C Users Funtown AppData Roaming Google Google Talk googletalk exe C Program Files x IOGEAR n USB Wireless LAN Utility RtWlan exe C Program Files x Garmin Express Tray ExpressTray exe C Users Funtown AppData Roaming Search Protection SearchProtection exe C Program Files x Hp Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe OOBE PDApp UWA AAM Updates Notifier exe C Users Funtown AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Program Files x OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Program Files x OpenOffice org program soffice bin C Program Files x Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Volume Panel VolPanlu exe C Windows SysWOW Ctxfihlp exe C Program Files x Hp HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Windows SysWOW CTXFISPI EXE C Program Files x AVG AVG avgui exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exe C Windows SysWOW WinMsgBalloonServer exe C Windows SysWOW WinMsgBalloonClient exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Support Framework hp... Read more

A:Wireless Network Connection Password never saves, slow computer, other problems.

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/512829 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512829/wireless-network-connection-password-never-saves-slow-computer-other-problems/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello Please help I have been trying to quot fix quot this issue on my laptop IP Valid Con Area Connection/Wireless a Have Local Solved: Network Connection Doesn't for the past month on and off I have been using other sources to access the internet reading up on resolutions on this issue and all kinds of forums I am knowledgeable but not able to understand some of the fixes and terms that I have come across I feel like I ve tried everything and still I cannot access the internet on my PC wired or wireless I have a Toshiba Satellite L -GS I tried to release amp renew my ipconig Solved: Local Area Connection/Wireless Network Connection Doesn't Have a Valid IP Con Please see below for ipconfig Please help C windows system gt ipconfig release Windows IP Configuration No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media disconnected Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe c ee b d Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap hsd nj comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap D E -E CD- F - -AE A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C windows system gt ipconfig renew Windows IP Configuration An error occurred while renewing interface Wireless Network Connection unable to contact your DHCP server Request has timed out No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media di sconnected C windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name jpharvey -PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL SE Wireless LAN n PC I-E NIC Physical Address - -B -B -B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c ee b d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C- C- - - - C- C- -E DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - - C- C- -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap hsd nj comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D E -E CD- F - -AE A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Solved: Local Area Connection/Wireless Network Connection Doesn't Have a Valid IP Con

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-local-area-connection-wireless-network-connection-doesnt-have-a-valid-ip-con.1016512/
Relevancy 59.34%

Cannot connect to home wireless network with Toshiba Satellite laptop running Vista with SP2. Other family wireless devices working fine and good internet connection using ethernet cable from my laptop to router.

Problem just started today after trying public free wireless in airport early today. Would not connect and got a security certificate warning on another free internet network. So, did not use. Internet worked fine tethered to my phone.

I have an internal wireless g card and a usb plug-in wireless n adapter. Neither one works now. In network status section of control panel shows good network connection but red X before internet connection icon.

I ran a Norton scan and Malwarebytes scan in safe mode with no issues. Also tried to connect wireless in safe mode with no success.

Lastly I did system restore to a few days ago when wireless connection was working fine. No success there either.

A:[SOLVED] Good wireless network connection but no internet connection

you have not accedently switched OFF the wireless at all

can we see an ipconfig /all and ping tests and an xirrus screen shot

also delete all the profiles

------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to remove Wireless Profiles
Removing an existing wireless "profile"
b]- Vista/Windows7:[/b]
FAQ - Welcome to TP-LINK
- delete the wireless profiles
Start> control Panel> classic view> network and sharing center> manage wireless networks

Delete the profiles
you will then have to enter the wireless security key for any networks you connect to - so make sure you know the correct password , and not using an incorrect password at all

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Quote:

For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router the next two
Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet , one by name and one by number which checks that the dns is working

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

Xirrus: High Performance Wireless Networks - Advanced IT Wi-Fi Networking Tools
Direct link to the program is here Xirrus: High Performance Wireless Networks - Advanced IT Wi-Fi Networking Tools
Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-good-wireless-network-connection-but-no-internet-connection-599619.html
Relevancy 58.91%

when i double click the icon in my systray of the the flashing monitor, which opens my wireless network connection status window, the number next to Speed fluctuates between 11.0 Mbps to 54.0 Mbps. I just updated my dlink wbr 2310 routers firmware to 1.03 from 1.02 because previously i was getting randomly disconnected. Its only been a couple days, but i havnt yet noticed that ive been randomly disconnected anymore, but now my connection speed fluctuates, where with the old firmware, i never once saw it change. what could be causing this change? as its screwing up my online gaming, causing me to lag when it drops way down. I never had a problem with the speed changing before, and cant find any setting that looks like it could be linked to such an event, though im no networking expert, so i may be missing something. what does anyone think of this problem? thanks.

A:Wireless speed under wireless network connection status fluctuating????

google for a program called Network Stumbler. When it runs, you can see other
wifi systems near by and the real asset is the disclosure of all the channels in use.

pick a channel that is not used

monitor what activities you are performing when the connection rate changes;
it's likely that it only occurs when you're gaming. In that case, the stress of the
networked game is the actual cause of the rate change.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-speed-under-wireless-network-connection-status-fluctuating.77396/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi everyone I work in an office where we have a main desktop computer which is connected to the internet via a Time Warner modem The modem is connected by cable to a netgear wireless router and up until today there have been no problems connecting to the internet from internet connection network Wireless lost connection the laptops that use the wireless connection Today for no reason with no changes upgrades or anything different at all I am now getting the message that my laptop sees the wireless network but claims the network has no internet access not true I am able to connect to the internet from the desktop which is where I'm typing from So we have internet coming into the office and the desktop but suddenly the router isn't broadcasting the wireless signal any more Wireless network connection lost internet connection I ran windows network diagnostics several times and I've gotten different responses one said quot wireless connection doesn't have valid IP configuration quot another said quot the default gateway is not available quot and quot tourbleshooting couldn't identify the problem quot I'm reasonably computer savvy and I can follow instructions so does anyone have any ideas where I should start Many thanks Caroline

A:Wireless network connection lost internet connection

The first thing to try is to power everything off, Cable mode, router and computers. Then power them on again in sequence. Cable modem, router then computer. Let each device settle down before going on to the next.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/118734-wireless-network-connection-lost-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5250 @ 1.50GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1014 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family, 384 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 57231 MB, Free - 41659 MB; D: Total - 57231 MB, Free - 14579 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, Inc., Nestos , Not Applicable, LXAJL0X031734074722500
Antivirus: None

Hi. I have a problem with my wireless connection. The tab under network connections does NOT show wireless connection. This happened after I reinstalled winxp. I installed the wireless driver but it did not work. I can only connect to the internet using the wired connection. What should I do?

Relevancy 58.91%

I just ran the Windows XP Help and Support, Network Diagnostics and I got a FAILED for the following areas:
Network Adapters FAILED
[00000010] Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection FAILED
DNSServerSearchOrder FAILED
198.153.192.50 FAILED
198.153.194.50 FAILED

I've been having some wireless issues and I am not sure what this is telling me and what I can do about it to fix it. I checked with the Intel web site for network adapters and it appears that I have the latest driver.
Any helpful suggestions?

A:Network Adapters, Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection, DNSSer

howdy and welcome. start > run > sysdm.cpl > hardware tab > device manager > are there any yellow exclamation points, and if so, what are they next to?

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapters-intel-r-pro-wireless-3945abg-network-connection-dnsser.1142923/
Relevancy 58.48%

IGNORE IGNORE.... fixed it thanks anyway
Hi there,
I am having trouble connecting to the internet from my laptop via a D-Link wireless ADSL router.

This is a new problem on a laptop that has been used on this wireless network many times - very strange?

When i click "repair" it seems to hang at the point of acquiring my IP address.
Any ideas?
Thanks

A:Solved: Wireless network connection can not acquire network address?

Through the web browser on my desktop i changed some settings on the router i.e. the WPA, and it seemed to work? Magic

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-connection-can-not-acquire-network-address.620247/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi All Please can anyone help I have done something and I don t know what I have just bought a new a IP Connection' Solved: does Help have Network not 'wireless a valid adapter network computer a compaq running windows AMD athlon tm IIx processor I had no problems connecting it to the internet it has Solved: Help network adapter 'wireless Network Connection' does not have a valid IP a a wired ethernet cable which plugged to my Thompson router and worked straight away I also have a Toshiba satellite L - laptop running Vista with wireless internet connection At this stage I was getting internet on my new PC and wireless internet on the laptop The problem came when I tried to set up a home network I have done it previously on the old pc running Windows XP with no problems however I am not sure what I have done but I can get internet on the PC but on the laptop it is connecting to the wireless network but not the internet In the network and sharing centre it shows the laptop connected to an Unidentified network but then there is a cross through the line connecting it to the internet In Network and Internet Network connections I double clicked on Wireless Network Connection and then on diagnose I got a box with the heading - The network adapter quot Wireless Network Connection quot does not have a valid IP Configeration I am a bit bewildered what to do and thought it better to seek help rather than fumble around in the dark Hope someone can help Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Help network adapter 'wireless Network Connection' does not have a valid IP a

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-network-adapter-wireless-network-connection-does-not-have-a-valid-ip-a.1016800/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello,

I am trying to connect to my home wireless network and my computer has found the network and will let me connect (after typing in the WEP key), but the status says 'Acquiring network address' and I can't access the internet.

I have the IP address for the network, but don't know how to add this into my computer.

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks!

A:Wireless network connection - Cannot acquire network address.

Hi

if it hangs or shows limited connectivity ensure you are typing in the correct key, some routers will allow a passphrase for wep others want the key in hexadecimal format.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-connection-cannot-acquire-network-address.136636/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello Im New Here

Why i Cant See the Wireless Network Connection And if i Search Manage Wireless Networks in Control Panel It Says

"Wireless Is Not Currently Enabled"

What Should I do??

Relevancy 57.19%

I am reactivating a previously used computer and using what I thought was a properly working linksys PCI wireless adapter card I am connecting just fine to the router but when setting up to select an IP address automatically it is ending up as a APIPA and not connecting to the internet Here are the components Below I am pasting the ipconfig all info When I Solved: diagnosing PCI problem wireless help Need with set the TCP IP to User configured under Alternate Configuration tab it does connect to the router but still not the internet I took the info off my other computer which works fine but is hardwired into the router Hardware Linksys WRT G wireless router PC just reinstalled Win XP Professional over Win XP Home Linksys WMP G PCI Adapter When I boot the computer it connects to the router quickly and displays this ipconfig Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings MaryEllen gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name maryellenscompu Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter Physical Solved: Need help diagnosing problem with wireless PCI Address - A- -A -FA-F Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server C Documents and Settings MaryEllen gt After a minute or so when I run ipconfig it Solved: Need help diagnosing problem with wireless PCI then shows this connection Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings MaryEllen gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name maryellenscompu Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter Physical Address - A- -A -FA-F Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway C Documents and Settings MaryEllen gt When I set it up for Alternate Configuration instead of APIPA it displays as follows I took the setup from my other computer Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings MaryEllen gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name maryellenscompu Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter Physical Address - A- -A -FA-F Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers I can ping the IP Address but I cannot ping the internet and the Linksys Wireless Network Monitor I have read a lot of threads here but am still confused as to what to do next Any advice would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

It s me again guys but since last time I have bought a new desktop and a tablet and I am now re-attempting to setup my a wireless network so that I can use the tablet As I played around with the tablet I pressed the wifi button and lo and behold it detected my router told me my IP address etc But it will not allow me to browse the internet because I am not connected and fixed wireless up problems network my Xplornet wireless setting Having my with when I run the setup disc on my pc step - checking settings in computer and router for the router it tells Having problems setting up my wireless network with my Xplornet fixed wireless me that setup Having problems setting up my wireless network with my Xplornet fixed wireless assistant is not able to connect to the router via any of the network adapters in this computer I know that I don t have it setup correctly but I don t know what else to do I have the ethernet same as a network cable right cable coming from outside That goes to the one and ONLY port in the back of my tower I m stuck Please help Having problems setting up my wireless network with my Xplornet fixed wireless Thanks again guys Jeff nbsp

A:Having problems setting up my wireless network with my Xplornet fixed wireless

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-problems-setting-up-my-wireless-network-with-my-xplornet-fixed-wireless.1030514/
Relevancy 55.04%

Just bought the MSI Wind Netbook and am unable to connect to my home wireless network. A screen appears "Choose a Wireless Network". It does not detect my network and says "make sure the wireless switch on your computer is on". Where is this switch???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection.795505/
Relevancy 55.04%

My sony vaio laptop connected to my wireless network fine for months. two days ago it suddenly stopped connecting. My network still shows up in available list and is at full strength. My wireless printer still connects to the network. Furthermore, my laptop connects to other networks, it just doesnt connect to mine anymore! I am completely computer illiterate so can someone please help me in laymans terms!?
thanks

A:Wireless Network Connection

Hi:Let's get some basics first.
Any software/hardware changes in the last 2 days ?
Any error msgs when trying to connect?
There are a number of things we could suggest doing,but first:
,let's see this :
From a Johnwill post on the Networking Forum
Try these simple tests.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

NOTE: For the items below surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous IPCONFIG command output! Do NOT type <computer_IP_address> into the command, that won't work. Also, the < and > in the text is to identify the parameters, they are also NOT used in the actual commands.

Do NOT include the <> either, they're just to identify the values for substitution.

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 74.125.45.100

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above. (For Vista/Win7, the IPv4 Address)

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection.911626/
Relevancy 55.04%

hi,

my wireless network connection is always on and off. the speed is 11Mbps most of the time. The thing is when I am watching videos on youtube, cnn, etc., it's always disconnecting and then reconnecting itself. sometimes it doesn't and so I always have to manually repair the connection. what seems to be the problem? I noticed that it doesn't happen with the other laptops. So, it seems like it's just my laptop interfering with the connection. If you could tell me how to fix it, I'd appreciate it.

Relevancy 55.04%

hi everyone,

few days ago my connection internet on my laptop was working perfectly, i left on stand by during 2 nights and one morning internet wanst working anymore. it was saying that my connectivity has limited or no connectivity but my wireless is working excellent.

so i had a look on some forums on this site which i found helpful but unfornutely, it didnt work.

basically, i followed the processus to change my ip address, it did cancelled the old one but now it doesnt to renew it...

can you please help and guide me.

thanks
v

A:wireless network connection

Are you at home or on the road in a hotel or some other place with wifi?

Also, do this and post the specified info:

1) Click Start -> Run

2) Enter "cmd" (with the quotes) at the prompt and press enter

3) Type "ipconfig /all" (again, without the quotes and there's a space between the "g" and the"/") and press enter

4) Under the "Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection" heading, give the values for:

DHCP Enabled
Autoconfiguration Enabled
IP Address
Subnet Mask
Default Gateway

Once I have this information, I'll have a better idea about what troubleshooting path to take.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-network-connection-535464.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I am fully aware that there is a BTWifi with FON connection in this area, but my wireless adapter either doesn't want to pick it up or is somehow blocking it. I am using Edimax 11n USB Wireless LAN Utility, upon opening the edimax application I noticed that the "disable adapter" box is checked, but in network connections it is saying that it is enabled, any help?

A:Cannot fin wireless network connection

do you have your own wireless router - I assume not as you are using BTwifi
do you have BT internet and a username and password to use BTwifi ?

what device are you trying to connect - PC, phone, laptop , desktop
what windows version

how are you posting a question here ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-fin-wireless-network-connection.1153636/
Relevancy 55.04%

I just got a laptop and a wireless network card. I installed the card (slide it in the right slot) and put in the drivers but i still cannot connect to the internet. I'm sure there's a step i'm missing but the place i got the wireless network card from didn't give any instructions.

Is there more to it then just plugging in the card and downloadin the drivers?

thanks!

A:Wireless network connection

There are lots of steps missing..

"cannot connect" means what? No, your computer will not magically obtain a wireless internet connection the second you install a wireless network card.

What exactly did you try? Do you actually have some device providing you the wireless service?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-connection.36922/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey. I can't get my Sony Vaio to connect to my brothers WiFi. My phone has connected fine, I'm typing this on it now, and a PC is connected. My laptop connects straight away at home and at uni, no problems there. I'm using Windows 7.

I checked to see if DHCP was enabled using the command prompt, and it says it isn't. So I went in to properties and all the wireless connections and local area connection were already set to automatically obtain an IP address. Might that still be the problem? Is there something else that might be causing this?

I type in the secruity key (correctly, I'm positive) and it thinks for a while before saying it can't connect. Or, a couple of times, it did connect but said there was limited network access/no internet connection.

Don't know much about computers, would seriously welcome any suggestions!

Relevancy 55.04%

Hello,

I am using a Compaq Presario V6000(V6002AU) with Win XP and since installing Internet Explorer 7 I can no longer connect through my wireless connection. I have no wireless icon in my taskbar or in network connections and I can no longer open the HP wireless assistant. The light on the front is amber and does not change whether the switch is on or off. I have uninstalled IE7 and gone back to 6 but still nothing.

I have tried a system recovery and reinstalling network drivers....

If anyone has any advice on how to fix this I would really appreciate it.

A:No wireless network connection!!

Hi,

Goto Control Panel-->Add Remove Programms-->Add or remove windows components-->check the IE and wanted components and Install it..........
!! Easy Must Be Easy !!

Grass Hopper*

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-wireless-network-connection.695078/
Relevancy 55.04%

I know its just a number but it is really annoying and it must be possible to solve it but when seeing what networks are available in the bottom right hand corner it says "Wireless Network Connection 4"

The '4' being the annoying part, it occurred since I've been trying to update my drivers. I know it's harmless but its extremely annoying so please don't just say ignore it.

Thank you for your understanding in advance.

How do I get rid off it?

Edit: Added screenshot

A:Wireless Network Connection 5

Hi mangoh,

You may follow the steps listed below:

1. Remove all 'wireless profiles' manually:
- Click Start > Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Manage Wireless Networks > Right click to remove all wireless networks listed (Windows will detect the effect networks automatically and will allow you to establish connectivity again; use the 'network security key' if using a secured connection)

2. Re-install the 'Wireless Adapter' drivers:
- Click 'Start' > type 'Device Manager' (without quotations) in the 'search box' > Tap 'Enter' > Locate 'Network adapters' category and expand it > Right click the 'wireless adapter' and 'Uninstall' > Follow through with the uninstall process and restart the unit > Windows is likely to pick the 'WLAN drivers' by itself; if not, you may install the driver from the manufacturer website > Restart the system and recheck results.

Hope this helps. Do reply if you have any further questions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/280747-wireless-network-connection-5-a.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a Dell inspiron I never had a problem with connection untill few days ago I nevr installed anything or did any changes All of a sudden i have no acces to the router internet I can see the access point with excellect signal but when i try to connect to it it says unable to connect to I just wiped clean and re did the whole laptop all fresh new drivers all around It worked for few min when it came up to Network Connection.. Wireless update but ever since then no luck I get as far as it asking for password i enter it and no dice I deleted the connection shut down accessed the router from my hard wired connected pc changed SSID and password then rebooted laptop still cannot connect Wireless Network Connection.. I litterally have tried everything i Wireless Network Connection.. checked all forums and microsoft website and tried everthing i could find I even disabled the wireless miniadapter thats in win through cmd prompt IM STUCK PLEASE HELP

A:Wireless Network Connection..

Reboot the router/modem....unplug it from the power outlet for 1 minute and then plug it back in and let it run through it's set up. Then you should be able to connect.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/270274-wireless-network-connection.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Ultimate, Premium, Pro & Home

Installed new router and changed network name from mynet to MyNet. After signing on with new key I now have Mynet 2 under wireless network connection and in the system tray. Not causing any problems but this isn't what I wanted.

On the other OSs how can I sign on with the new key and not get a second wireless network connection of MyNet 2 ?

On Premium how can I get this back to mynet or MyNet (without the 2) ?

Thanks for the help.

You'll have to delete both mynet and MyNet - then re-connect to MyNet.

Same on the others - delete the old ones first.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/172176-wireless-network-connection.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I m using Netgear wireless USB adpater WG111 to connect all my pc n laptop through a wireless router to internet. I actually configure all setting manually and without problem for internet and file sharing even one of the them is Emac. But recently , when i try to link up a PC (which just upgraded from Window ME to XP) to the networking, I facing trouble for internet connection even if I can see excellent signal of my wireless adapter on the screen. I tried so many ways included all of the troubleshoot and wizards inside window but still can't be done.

Surprising, I managed to connect to internet when in the safe mode...

How??? pls help..

gyver

A:Help!!!Wireless Network Connection

Check the Windows firewall settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-wireless-network-connection.365063/
Relevancy 55.04%

As of today under the Network connections I no longer have a wireless network connection. I use a Netgear WGT624v3 wireless router and I have an HP computer running Windows XP. I have tried everything I could find to fix the problem with no luck. Any ideas?

Relevancy 55.04%

All of a sudden my wireless connection has gone down, thought it might be not paying the cable bill but my pc is able to connect to the internet.

I can connect via cable wire to the laptop from my router and can connect but after downloading and updating necessary drivers from IBM.com's driver list for my Cicso Systems PCI Wireless LAN Adapter, it still isn't working.
Laptop info: IBM Thinkpad T40, Centrino

I did an IPCONFIG and it says:
Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:
Media State.....: Media disconnected

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:
blah blah, it gives me the IP address to my router..192.168 etc..

Anyone have any ideas?

Have you got the router configured to address DHCP, and in the network configuration for the notebook, have it set to assign IP from DHCP? Have you done a site survey for SSID?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection.250892/
Relevancy 55.04%

Okay, I'm ****king desperate to get help, I'm so mad I'm not typing right. But PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get this message when I open The Wirless Network Tab I see this message

'Windows cannot configure this wireless connection

If you have enabled another program to manage this wireless connection, use that software.

If you want Windows to configure this wireless connection, start the Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC) service. For Information about starting the WZC service, see article 871122 in the microsoft knowledge on the microsoft.com Web Site.'
I've tried everything I possibly could, and people keep veiw my posts but won't help, I really need help, so please if you view this please tellll mee!!!!!!!

I'm just so lame noone will help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection.1059607/
Relevancy 55.04%

Everytime I open Explorer from my home wireless connection, I have to go into the control panel and "repair" the wireless connection. Any idea why? It does not appear to be an issue if I connect elsewhere.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/217441/wireless-network-connection/
Relevancy 55.04%

I'm having the same problem. My laptop will connect to all other wireless networks except for my home wireless router.
1394 Net Adapter
Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN
Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : owner-83907fe01
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Eth
ernet NIC
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-16-D4-37-D1-8A

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-14-A5-BA-E3-64
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.103
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 206.74.254.2
Is the problem in assigning me an IP address?

A:No connection to wireless network

Hi and welcome cswing
it would be less confuisng if you would post a new thread with you problem

make and models would also help
have you taken secruity off

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-connection-to-wireless-network.580350/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi all Have a very frustrating problem Have a HP Pavilion Elite Network Wireless Connection HPE desktop PC running Windows I recently changed my router modem back to my old Belkin N The computer has connected to it in the past For some reason it will refuse to connect wirelessly now When I put in the security key is tells me its incorrect when I know its right and when I use the security PIN off the modem itself it will just say its unable to connect My Laptop ipad xbox samsung galaxy etc all connect fine I have Wireless Network Connection done the following to try and rectify the problem -Installed the wireless profile from my laptop to Wireless Network Connection the HP via USB -Uninstalled and reinstalled the wireless network software -Done a factory reset of modem router -Removed all wireless device profiles from the PC -Created a Manual wireless network profile I am now coming to you guys for advice Any help will be much appreciated On a side note the PC was previously connected to a Netgear N wireless modem router Thanks

Have you changed the MAC number if the routers a) have them, and b) if they do unique ones; or if they have different URLs. It may be that your computer has stored a particular string for the Netgear and is trying to reconcile it with the Belkin. Have you right clicked on your C drive and run a Disc Cleanup to empty all the caches that might contain an errant sign-on.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/wireless-network-connection-681268.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have two wireless networks one an unencrypted b and the other an encrypted n This brand new desktop employs a USB N wireless adapter I have Wireless network connection never tried to access the unencrypted network from this computer I have configured it to access automatically the encrypted network The connection works fine EXCEPT Issue No It disconnects overnight and I have to launch this connection manually every morning I will have connectivity to the internet but usually lose it after a short period I then usually have to disconnect and reconnect it several times before it gains internet connectivity that sticks That usually is then fine all day long Issue No My unencrypted network has shown up as quot Native WIFI Default Profile quot Occasionally the computer will spontaneously disconnect from the encrypted network and automatically Wireless network connection connect to Wireless network connection the unencrypted network even though the latter is configured for manual connection I REPEATEDLY Wireless network connection a have unchecked all the quot connect quot boxes in its properties but the box for quot Connect even if the network is not broadcasting its name SSID quot always rechecks itself and b have moved it down in the pecking order under quot Manage Wireless Networks quot only to find it bounce back to the top and c have clicked quot Remove Network quot only to have it reappear again later I should add that there is another desktop using XP sitting right next to the one that I am complaining about which automatically connects to the encrypted network with a constant internet connection and stays connected for days on end with no difficulty Thanks

A:Wireless network connection

Sounds like your Wireless drivers don't play nicely with Seven.

~Lordbob

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/55610-wireless-network-connection.html
Relevancy 55.04%

So My mother went out and bought a NETGEAR wireless Internet router so that I could take my computer into my room and receive the wifi signal We hooked up the router and everything was perfectly fine until Wireless network connection. I took my computer to my room and Wireless network connection. my mother tried hooking up her HP laptop to the network I have a Mac Anyway once she tried doing that the network is no longer called NETGEAR It says FALLONPE-HP NETWORK the 'fallonpe' part being my mother's username on her laptop The new network asks for a password and this is where the problems start We tried using the NETGEAR password this didn't work We tried using the password for her user Wireless network connection. account on her laptop that didn't work either So my mother completely reset her computer back to it's default settings the default password didn't work Then we hooked my computer back to it uninstalled and then completely reinstalled the NETGEAR program We've disconnected and reconnected the router box several times but no matter what we do it's still reading the network as FALLONPE-HP NETWORK and we have no password in order to connect it If we had the password we'd be able to use the router on both devices So my question is does anyone know if there's a specific default password that I'm supposed to use If so would it be in the instruction manuel or something I'm really out of ideas for this thing and if anyone knows how to fix this problem I'd greatly appreciate your help

A:Wireless network connection.

the default password for most of the routers is either admin or password,but since your laptop is detecting the network as FALLONPE-HP_NETWORK,i think your moms laptop is getting detected as access point for your laptop,so do you get interent if your laptop is directly connected to the router..??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wireless-network-connection-565225.html
Relevancy 55.04%

i have 3 laptops 2 of which i have successfully setup wireless connection, however the 3rd one, using xp will not connect, keeps saying there must be some interferance between computer and signal, but they are only 2ft or so apart. any idea what problem could be, the others laptops are vista and windows 7,. would be xp be too old for this 'gateway' connection.

A:wireless network connection

Hi:Welcome to TSG:
Going to need quite a bit more info on this before we can suggest anything.
What is the exact error msg you are receiving ?

Let's see the following from the failing pc.
Let&#8217;s take a look at the status of the network adapters

Device manager:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Please respond to all the following steps.
1. Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed.
2. Are there any devices under Network adapters that have a red x displayed?
3. Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?
4. should be enabled and working properly.
5. If error code,what is it ?

It would be best if you could post a screen shot of Device Manager with the Network adapters and Other devices sections expanded.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

And let's see this from the failing pc as well as one that works:
Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

And let's make sure that all necessary tasks have been started.

Check your Services are Started on all PCs:
&#8226; COM+ Event System (for WZC issues)
&#8226; Computer Browser
&#8226; DHCP Client
&#8226; DNS Client
&#8226; Network Connections
&#8226; Network Location Awareness
&#8226; Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
&#8226; Server
&#8226; TCP/IP Netbios helper
&#8226; Wireless Zero Configuration (XP wireless configurations)
&#8226; WLAN AutoConfig (Vista wireless configurations)
&#8226; Workstation

Note: You can check the services in Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services.

All of these services should be started, and their startup type should be automatic
If a service is not running, open it's properties and check the dependencies. Check each of the dependencies and see which one is preventing the service from running. Checking the event log is also a good idea here, there may be clues to what is failing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection.971969/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi My laptop s operating system is is Connection Wireless Netwirk stuck "Acquiring Network on Connection" WINDOWS xp SP Recently the windows automatic update ran on my laptop and the operating system was updated to SP Since then i am unable to connect to my wireless network The connection just gets stuck on the quot Acquiring Network Connection quot I dont know Wireless Netwirk Connection is stuck on "Acquiring Network Connection" if the windows update has caused this but that is the only change tht i have happened to my laptop lately I have tried the following Changed Wireless Netwirk Connection is stuck on "Acquiring Network Connection" the SSID of the wireless profile i have in the router Changed the Password WPA - PSK repaired the wireless network connection and tried to connect but in vain But when i disabled the security option in the router i am able to connect to my wireless network The issue is only when the security option is set I am using WPA Other threads in connections with this issues dont seem to do the job My wireless driver is Improcomm ipn Any help is appreciated nbsp

A:Wireless Netwirk Connection is stuck on "Acquiring Network Connection"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-netwirk-connection-is-stuck-on-acquiring-network-connection.809561/
Relevancy 54.61%

Lately I have been experiencing a lot of BSOD, especially If I do anything other than browse the web (something as simple as playing candy crush for a little while will cause a BSOD)
Often when the computer reboots the monitor wont turn on until I turn the power off for a few minutes.

Other than using:
sfc.exe /scannow
and:
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

I don't really know much about how to go about diagnosing and fixing a problem so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stats:

Windows 8.1 Pro
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H
Power supply: CodeGen 625W ATX Dual - 12 V
CPU (processor): AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 945 Processor 3.00 Ghz
RAM: 4.00 GB (3.50 GB Usable) Two Kingston 99U5458-002.A00LF 2GB
Graphics card: ATI Radeon HD 4250
Sound card (if any): AMD High Definition Audio Device

A:Diagnosing BSOD problems

I would start by checking the hard drive. Go to the C drive and right-click. Select Properties, tools, check now. Set a disk check on the next start up

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/diagnosing-bsod-problems.215092/
Relevancy 54.61%

I ve been having an issue with my internet connection I have AT amp T Uverse high speed internet complete with the Motorola NVG ADSL modem For the past couple weeks my download speeds have gone from MB s to lt KB s up to KB s if I m lucky I used to be able to download files and watch videos at the same time with very little trouble but now I only have enough bandwidth to either do one or the other without causing any problems I thought my ISP had throttled my bandwidth but I ve run the Glasnost tests at http broadband mpi-sws org transparency bttest php and it came back as fine It may not mean anything diagnosing Need help problems networking but I should note that a few weeks ago we had storms move through Need help diagnosing networking problems the area and lightning struck our house It ended up shocking my mom through the USB mouse while she was using my computer it blew out one of my computer speakers and I believe it s the reason why the ethernet port on my motherboard no longer works If anyone can help me figure out why Need help diagnosing networking problems my download speeds suck so much lately it would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

Hello, i have what i think is a faulty p3 600 but i want to test it just to be sure. Does anyone know of a cpu testing program that can determine if the cpu is faulty or not? Ive already tried hot cpu tester pro but that didnt seem to do much.

Thanks, Nissanman.

A:Program for diagnosing cpu problems?

Does anyone know of a good program?

Nissanman.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/program-for-diagnosing-cpu-problems.77792/
Relevancy 54.61%

Okay I made a maleware problems. Need diagnosing help post in the hardware section of a problem from booting off USB but now I realize there are a lot more problems with this Laptop than that http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html page gopid entry the first post explains a lot Need help diagnosing maleware problems. of my troubles So some background information on the issue First I would like to say thank you for you time and your help I appreciate all the help I have received on Bleepingcomputers com BEST PLACE ON THE NET So my friends laptop has A LOT of issues and out of my group of friends I am considered the PC WIZ mostly because of you guys The Laptop in question is a Sony Vaio VGN series Its opperating system is Windows XP SP The CD DVD drive on the machine does not work it cant recognize any cd dvd I put in it Because originally we wanted to wipe the machine and re-install windows preferably or Vista or even XP I have all the discs So I went into Bios and enabled it to Boot from USB device I checked my flash drive on other PC s which are Sony Vaio and desktop alienware and it booted no problem from USB But on this Laptop the one in question it says Missing opperating system I made a post in the hardware section for that issue I decided to go back to the Virus problem and Then I will re-post in the hardware section to try and fix the disc Sorry if this is confusing I somehow always seem to make it more confusing than it is So the Maleware issues Well when he gave me the Laptop last night it was infected with XP Security Tool I found this guide http www bleepingcomputer com virus-removal remove-antivirus-vista- and removed those Viruses accordingly Ran Malewarebytes and it couldnt find anything last night I tried to CHKDSK to see if the C drive contained bad sectors and it said It would on restart I restarted the Laptop and it says chkdsk can not access the volume Windows is restarting and now everytime the PC restarts it comes up with that tries to chkdsk everytime on restart and cant So today I ran malewarebytes again and it found Viruses both called exploit drop P and exploit drop After reading the forums on Malewarebytes it said they are false positives Malewarebytes said it had to restart to finish cleaning and the chkdsk thing came up Then when I finally got back into windows xp running abnormally slow I tried another Full Scan with Malewarebytes and after minutes it said Malewarebytes encountered an error and needs to close So it wont open I dont know if its Viruses that wont let me boot from USB or if its bad sectors on the disc WE just want to wipe it so we can start fresh but its really really hard I can not get Malewarebytes to work now I havent tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it I dont know if that would make a difference The laptop boots up tried to chkdsk then says it can not access the Volume The CD Tray doesnt work and I can not get it to boot off USB Even after Enabling the External Boot in Bios and its infected with Viruses So I thought I had cleaned the Viruses out for him but more pop up Could the Viruses be stopping it from booting off USB I mean there are so many issues with this poor laptop I dont knw where to begin He is not paying me or anything I am doing this because he is like my best friend college dorm mate All he wants it for is school no games or even movies or anything I already backed all of his important documents on my External Hard Drive SO i guess the first thing to do is get the Maleware off then address the Booting option I would like to wipe it and re-install an operating system Malewarebytes says it encountered an error and needs to close could that be from the Laptop trying to chkdsk everytime I start it like it couldnt remove the selected Viruses Anyways I hope I addressed the Issues in the right forum All i want to do is wipe it But if I cant wipe it then I need to get the Viruses off of it His internet security is called Symantec Thank You in advance for any h... Read more

A:Need help diagnosing maleware problems.

On a side not the CD/DVD tray hasn't been functional for some time. But I can not get the PC to boot using a Wondows 7 flash drive..... The Viuses need to be the first thing I remove before I try to find out why the laptop will not boot from USB. Or why the laptop can not and will not chkdsk. Thank You guys again for all the time you have spent with me.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/437823/need-help-diagnosing-maleware-problems/
Relevancy 54.61%

The contribution of the members on this site have been a great contribution so I must first express my gratitude to you all. Even most of the questions have been a learning moment for me. Thank you.

Now to my question. Is there any software that has been built to diagnose failing hardware ? I live in a small somewhat remote community and all the computer expertise is at least an hour's drive. Some know me as a network guru but I was hoping to find some software that would help me quickly spot hardware that is tanking.

Thanks again for everything.

Bob t

A:Diagnosing Harware Problems

Try using Memtest86 for your RAM. When using this try to let it run for 7 passes (8 Tests per pass) or sometimes overnight which is more thorough - http://www.memtest.org/

Try Prime95 to test the CPU and RAM. There are three tests on Prime95 "Small FFT's" which tests mainly the CPU, "Large FFT's" which tests both RAM and CPU, "Blend" which tests mainly RAM. I have found it to be a good second test for RAM after Memtest86. You can let these tests run for about 20 mins, it will automatically stop if any error is found.

Prime95
32bit OS Version - http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=103
64bit OS Version - http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=205

You should normally use the HDD Manufacturers test normally found on the Support Section of their website to test your HDD.

These are a few tools some people may list more for you, I may post back if I remember some more.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/diagnosing-harware-problems.110093/
Relevancy 54.61%

sorry about the thread title just didn t know how to describe my question here goes i have one pc at home and one at the office both have pci wireless cards the two are not connected cause they are far away question erm...a Wireless connection network buuut i do have a laptop so i basically want to turn on my laptop at home and want it to connect to my home erm...a Wireless network connection question pc i also want to turn in it up at the office and want it to connect with the pc there trouble is it won t do that when i am at at the office i can setup the connection network settings and everything works but when i get home the laptop won t connect to my home pc i have to setup everything there again for it to establish a connection but when i do that it won t work on my office pc anymore i m really stumped with this and i don t know what to do is there anything i can do could you point me to some guide where a similar situation is explained can you give me some pointers it will be highly appreciated cause i need my laptop to connect erm...a Wireless network connection question to my wireless connection on both home and office pc much obliged Vlatko nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

I bought a reconditioned Dell Insprion E1505 today. The wireless where I bought it worked fine. I have a trendnet router and everything else in the house on wireless works fine. Have tried the repair button and it cannot be completed. Someone please help, I am not computer savvy - have been on google all afternoon trying to fix this to no avail...would appreciate any help. (Windows XP)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection-status.1090728/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,

I have been using Windows 7 for a little over a week and today while exploring it some more I noticed I have two network connections listed under Network Connections.

(1) Local Area Connection -- Realtek PCIe GDE Family Controller

and

(2) Wireless Network Connection -- 802.11n Wireless LAN Card

The only computer in the house is mine so I am curious if I can just disable the '802.11n Wireless LAN Card' without causing any problems?

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

A:Can I disable my Wireless Network Connection?

If your computer is connected via a cable there are generally no problems with disabling the wireless connection.

You can do this from Control Panel|Network and Sharing Centre, Click on change adapter settings, right click the wireless connection, left click on disable.

If your computer is a laptop then there is usually a button on the side or front that will also disable wireless.

hth
Tanya

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/202490-can-i-disable-my-wireless-network-connection.html
Relevancy 54.61%

So here's the first details as per the rules The rest of the problem is at the bottom Wireless Connection issue ISP- Skybroadband Outside US DSL Modem-Cisco Router-Cisco E Just removed anti-virus formerly Avast ipconfig all result Windows IP Configuration Host Name jmariano-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address -F - D- (been Wireless problem connection at it for >6 hrs) Network - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address C- B-D - - - F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address -CF- - -DD- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless Network connection problem (been at it for >6 hrs) Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address -F - D- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap A AD BE-A - B - E D- EF A F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B A AE - B - A- - FAD C E E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B A - FB- B - D-B B E C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B E C- EE- FC- AB - AF DD D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes I'd download the Wi-fi inspector but I can't since my laptop can't connect to the network and I'm only using a tablet I'm using an asus U jc running on windows and since letting it hibernate with open tabs something I do all the time yesterday I found that it's no longer connected to the network wifi after turning it on again I have tried rebooting my laptop countless of times tried rebooting BOTH the router and the modem multiple times but to no avail All the other devices at home can connect just fine My laptop would just go from asking the password and then proceed to troubleshooting mode after I enter the password I've had the same problem before but it usually gets resolved after some rebooting on the network Also I can connect on my neighbor's network just fine but since removing his network from my list I've been having the same problem with his network Now I'm just stumped Any help Things I've tried -Restarting the laptop -Restarting the laptop the modem the router -Restarting the modem and the router -Pushed the restart button on the router for secs -Removed my wireless network on windows rebooted enabled -Uninstalled avast antivirus software -Internet connection works fine with the Ethernet cable plugged Command prompt lt ipconfig release gt and lt renew gt gives me this message gt No operation can be performed on Wireless Network Connection while it has its media disconnected gt No operation can be per... Read more

A:Wireless Network connection problem (been at it for >6 hrs)

From the ipconfig it looks like this machine isn't seeing the router at all.

How far down the page do those ISATAP adaptors go?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/323405-wireless-network-connection-problem-been-6-hrs.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Let me preface this by network enable wireless won't connection saying I know next wireless network connection won't enable to nothing about computers so please provide detailed advice if you choose to advise I have a Dell wireless network connection won't enable Inspiron E running with Windows XP and a Linksys wireless network connection won't enable Wireless-G broadband wireless router WRT G The wireless was working fine yesterday Tonight when I turned it on I couldn t get an internet connection The modem is ok because I have a connection with an ethernet wire When I go into the Network Connections window I see that Wireless Network Connection is Disabled Don t understand that I didn t disable it I right click on it and press Enable but all I get is a quot Wireless Network Connection quot window that says quot Enabling quot and then quot Connection Failed quot I ran the trouble shooter but the suggestions either didn t apply my hardware is ok with this machine because it has run on it before or were so involved I was afraid to attempt them and cause a bigger problem Disabling and changing settings makes me nervous Any ideas about what I can do to enable this wireless network connection I looked up some old posts on this and tried to follow them but I didn t get the prompts mentioned under Wireless Network Connection Properties For example when I clicked I don t understand why this has happened all of the sudden Although I have Norton running and just ran a full scan I suspect I have a virus because things have been sluggish the last couple of days and the sound started getting wonky nbsp

A:wireless network connection won't enable

The modem is ok because I have a connection with an ethernet wire.Click to expand...

was this just to test, or do you always have an ethernet connection - if so please describe exactly how everything is connected

Dell Inspiron E1405 - have you turned OFF the wireless - there is often a physical switch or a combination of keys - like FN+F2 that switches the wireless on/off

would you post back the following
{Device Manager}
Post back the results in device manager
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left

hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back

the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open

the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to

suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button

to upload it here

{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program

across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Then run the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed

for the WiFi Inspector to function.

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you

click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also

post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open

the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to

suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button

to upload it here.

{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results

into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and

post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter

then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection-wont-enable.951772/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello all Yes it s yet another quot My Wireless Won t Work Right quot thread Your help would be greatly appreciated I recently moved to a new house and set up one PC downstairs with a Linksys WRT G Wireless Router PC is hardwired to the router no problems there PC with a Linksys WMP G card is upstairs one floor up and probably feet over Both PCs are above ground nothing in the basement Initially PC was connecting pretty well Generally I d Connection Wireless Drops Network hit Mbps and quot Wireless Network Connection Drops very good quot signal quality But it was spotty While the connection wouldn t drop entirely it would frequently drop Wireless Network Connection Drops enough to disrupt my FTPing of large files across the internet I had my suspicions about the card which had been jostled a lot and didn t seem to have a great connection between the antenna and card itself So I replaced the whole setup with a brand-spanking new WRT GS router and a WMP GS card Unfortunately things have gone from bad to worse It took me hours on Support Chat with Linksys to even get any kind of a connection from PC and now it just dies completely for huge chunks of time I ll be online with a Mbps connection Very Good signal strength then BOOM couldn t find a network Then minutes later it will miraculously find it again It happens often enough that the PC is essentially useless for any work that requires an Internet connection Note Linksys monitoring tool finds my network with a consistent signal strength of between and it just can t connect to it When I try to connect it just says something like Could not associate with the access point To make matters more confusing I have a laptop as well The laptop has a Motorola wireless card I can sit the laptop exactly where PC is and I get a solid Mbps connection with quot Very Good quot signal quality the whole time through Even when PC drops offline the laptop is still fine I ve purchased a Linksys Range Expander WRE G but after playing with it for a bit abandoned it because there were just too many variables Trying that again is next on my list I haven t played at all with the actual position of the antennae on the router - I just don t know enough about wireless to know if that should have an impact Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions nbsp

A:Wireless Network Connection Drops

If I understood correctly, your laptop experience pretty much proves that you are getting a constant good strong signal to the location of the problem computer. If so, don't mess with router's antenna.

Go to the Linksys web site and make sure you have the latest driver and utility for the adaptor.

Move the computer around a little. Maybe the fan or power supply or something is in the direct path of the signal.

Are you managing the connection with the Linksys utility or with Windows' Wireless Zero Configuration? Try the other one.

Are you using encryption? If so, WEP or WPA?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection-drops.410737/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a network of 4 computers at home, all connected to a modem and router...I will soon be introducing another computer (a laptop) and obviously with the portability I would prefer (with its built in wifi) to be able to go online anywhere in the house with the laptop...however I'd rather not have to fork out for a wireless access point when only the laptop will make use of it...

I have an idea, and would like to know if it is possible; could I add a usb to wifi converter to one of my existing computers, and then set the laptop up to connect to that computer as the gateway (which in turn connects to the router as the gateway)...is anything like this possible? or even just an rj45 - wifi converter or something lol

thanks for reading folks!

A:I would like to add a wireless connection to my wired network...Help if possible!

Yes.

Windows XP comes with a bridging feature meaning you can "bridge" two network connections.

So you set up an ad hoc wireless network on one of your desktops and bridge the wireless connection with the wired one. Then you can join the ad hoc network with the laptop and you will efectively be a part of the wired network too.

A tutorial here: http://www.homenethelp.com/web/howto/windows-xp-bridge-setup.asp

PS
A cheap access point would still be a much better solution..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-would-like-to-add-a-wireless-connection-to-my-wired-network-help-if-possible.20192/
Relevancy 54.61%

"Local " or limited access to internet

IPv4 Connectivity local
IPv6 Connectivity local

HP Pavillion DV 7
Windows Vista premium
I had to connect via WLAN connection.
This nightmare started after I reinstalled windows Vista .
Also ,my other notebook computer has same connection problem
ASUS G 71 Gx
Windows Vista premium

Same results. I have no wireless service. It connects to my Network and it is "Local" limited connectivity. I hope someone knows the answer to this problem .

A:Wireless Network connection Status

two Notebook computers "same problem. Local connectivity. IPv4 local IPv6 local. No internet access. problem started when I reinstalled windows Vista premium.
These are stats .when I did IPCONFIG
I have no idea what these mean?? Can anyone explain if this has any signifignce in the problem?

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
C:\Users\ZombieJames>ping 10.0.0.1
Pinging 10.0.0.1 with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Ping statistics for 10.0.0.1:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),
C:\Users\ZombieJames>
C:\Users\ZombieJames>ping google.com
Pinging google.com [74.125.229.176] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 74.125.229.176: bytes=32 time=15ms TTL=57
Reply from 74.125.229.176: bytes=32 time=16ms TTL=57
Reply from 74.125.229.176: bytes=32 time=12ms TTL=57
Reply from 74.125.229.176: bytes=32 time=14ms TTL=57
Ping statistics for 74.125.229.176:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 12ms, Maximum = 16ms, Average = 14ms
C:\Users\ZombieJames>ping 209.183.226.152
Pinging 209.183.226.152 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 209.183.226.152: bytes=32 time=55ms TTL=47
Reply from 209.183.226.152: bytes=32 time=53ms TTL=47
Reply from 209.183.226.152: bytes=32 time=51ms TTL=47
Reply from 209.183.226.152: bytes=32 time=56ms TTL=47
Ping statistics for 209.183.226.152:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 51ms, Maximum = 56ms, Average = 53ms

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection-status.1028957/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have set up a wirless network with 1 PC (ethernet to router) and 2 laptops. One laptop detects the network and connects without any problem (wireless USB card). The other laptop (built in wireless/Centrino) detects the network but tries and fails to connect. It is possible to connect using an ethernet connection to the router.

I notice that in the 'View available wireless networks' window, a previous peer-to-peer network is still reported as being present, although the wireless connection from the PC has been disabled and it is not stated as being available on the other Laptop, which connects ok.

I am wondering is there a reference to the peer-to-peer network still present in this laptop, which is conflicting with the new network. If so, where can these settings be accessed.

A:Wireless network connection problem

You can click on Advanced Settings, then the Wireless Networks tab, and configure your new network in there. Just click on Add.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-connection-problem.39880/
Relevancy 54.61%

If guys, recently i faced this ultra weird problem. When i am in sch, i can use my sch wireless.However, when i reached home whenever i try to connect to my wireless network but its say unidentified network. My sis have no issue with the internet.

The problem is solved whenever i restart my modem. Anyone here can kindly tell me how to solve this problem? I am running on windows 7 professional with my sch domain connected to my com.

A:Cannot connection to my home wireless network.

Did you tried using Troubleshooting wizard?
Often, the problems will get solved by using the troubleshooting wizard itself. So, give it a try.
Check whether the modem is secured by MAC filtering feature or by such kind of security facilities.
Comment here if the problem still persist.
Take Care

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/195079-cannot-connection-my-home-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi, can u help me i have lost my Wireless Network connection? When i connected buy hard wire i have no problem, but when i connect wireless then right click status is not hi lighted is my drivers missing.
hope u can help

Paul

A:Lost my Wireless Network connection

Need some additional info, what is the make and model of both your router and Modem. Also, open a command prompt and type the following without the quotes and paste the results back here, "ipconfig /all".

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/278289-lost-my-wireless-network-connection.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Another question guys

I've made various testings today and i have this panorama:

As you see my wireless network connection has the number 21 at the end... i want it back to blank again (wireless network connection)
and my wireless adapter has the number 9 at the end, again how can i make it "blank or 0" again?

In XP this was easy i could delete the names or rename the things in 7 i can't.

A:How can i rename my wireless network connection?

You will need to go into your router settings (same place you changed the channel, most likely). Take a look around, it is in there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/60700-how-can-i-rename-my-wireless-network-connection.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Used to be my machine connected to the router and internet within 30 seconds after starting my computer. Now it takes about 2 minutes to connect. How can I set it to connect sooner?

A:wireless network connection delayed

What all do you have that is starting each time you boot up?

What have you added lately to this machine?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection-delayed.1056829/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello i am in need of assistance I have a dell computer running windows xp Just recently i have been trying to bridge the local area connection and the wireless network connection it seemed that i didnt have any connection in the network wireless disappeared connection network places file I recently got back my local area conection by going to command propmt and typing some stuff in but i still cant find wireless network connection It seems that it isnt there at all Atleast the icon isnt I have searched on the computer and have searched in the recycle bin and i could not find it if anyone could tell me how to get the wireless network connection back that would be great I have never gone to that file before so i dont no when it went away i recently went on and none of the connections were there and then i wireless network connection disappeared got some back and i still dont have the wireless network connection I am trying to bridge the wireless network connection and the local area conection to connect the ethernet cord to my playing device but the wireless network connection is not there please someone if you could help me I will be very thankful Thankyou KRman nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

I have Comcast's internet service set up with Linksys Wireless-B router at my house. I have three computers connecting to it:

- A desktop running Windows XP and connecting via USB Linksys Wireless-B adaptor

- A second desktop running Windowx XP and connecting via Linksys Wireless-G PCI card

- Laptop running XP with built in wireless

No problems with either of the desktops. However, the laptop connects, and after a few minutes loses the connection, then after a few seconds automatically reconnects. I have no explanation for it. I tried power cycling everything and running the Repair on the wireless connection.

128 bit WEP security is enabled, and the Wireless SSID Broadcast is set to Enabled

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Relevancy 54.61%

My wireless connection is no longer working. I am able to connect to the router fine with another laptop so I am assuming it is something in my laptop that is not configured properly.
I tried to do the ipconfig in the command prompt but get the message "no operation can be performed on Wireless Network Connection while it has its media disconnected".
When I plug the laptop into the router using the ethernet cable, it works fine.
Any suggestions??? please help

Relevancy 54.61%

My custom build PC cannot wirelessly connect to internet I used to connect both wire and wireless and both was working fine But it was often automatically chose wireless so I disabled the wireless Now we moved the modem router combo is too far to wire connected I have to use wireless however it is connection identifying network keeps Wireless not working anymore keeps identifying What Wireless network connection keeps identifying I have done I tried to wired to the modem router worked fine I checked wireless card it is working Wireless network connection keeps identifying fine and updated Signal is strong bars and my laptop can use wireless flawless at the same point I turned off and turned the modem router combo back on three times no luck I checked ipconfig I can see my ip address as below I checked ip release there was an error as below Network adapters Dell trueMobile WLAN Mini-PCI card driver version Processor intel core i motherboard asus OS windows ultimate x I don t know what else I should do to have my wireless back Please help any inputs will be appreciated

A:Wireless network connection keeps identifying

I tried to disable IPV4, not good, then I tried to disable IPV6, now I have wireless.

thank you everyone

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/288388-wireless-network-connection-keeps-identifying.html
Relevancy 54.61%

My aunt's computer can't connect to any wireless network any more. She has a Dell Inspiron E1505 running Windows XP.

From the "Network Connections" window, the only things visible are "Incoming Connections" (not connected), "1394 Connection" (which I understand has to do with FireWire), and the Local Area Connection, which is working fine right now. Additionally, when I go to the Device Manager and look at Network Adapters only the 1394 Net Adapter and Broadcom Integrated Controller are visible.

She doesn't have a drivers CD, so I tried going to Dell's website. It listed all kinds of drivers for the laptop, but nothing that looked like it had anything to do with the wireless card.

She's been able to connect using the same laptop before; it just stopped working on Friday. She can't remember changing any settings.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

A:Wireless Network connection disappeared

Configure your modem to enable wireless.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection-disappeared.624917/
Relevancy 54.61%

When i first start up my laptop (not always but 9 time out of 10) my wireless does not connect automatically to my router. The only way get it working is by manually connecting it over and over again until it connects. Other devices in my house do not have an issue. The driver to my wireless LAN are up to date. Really frustrated. Please help

Relevancy 54.61%

Hello everyone I ve been having this problem for several days and chouldn t find a solution I ve checked up related posts but nothing seems to work Right now I m trying to set up a WiFi or WEP however I chouldn t locate the wireless network connection icon in Network Connections The steps I did was Start gt Control Panel gt Connection No Network Wireless Icon! Network and Internet Connections gt Network Connections It worked a couple of months ago while I assume that my system recovery did something to it I m using a Gateway GM Media Center PC S No GAB Window XP and a DI- D-Link My IPCONFIG ALL in CMD No Wireless Network Connection Icon! is Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Owner gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name YOUR-A D D C Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO VE No Wireless Network Connection Icon! Network Connecti on Physical Address - - - F- -F Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained December PM Lease Expires January PM In addition on Device Manager under Network adapters there isn t any disable non-functioning or error icons Thank you for helping me and may you have a wonderful day nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

OS Windows Ultimate SP -bit PC Compaq Laptop Intel Dual CPU GHz Network Adapters Atherose AR WiFi Adapter Microsoft Virtual Miniport Adapter Wireless Router Belkin Trouble In normal windows start up with wireless router on and internet connected The system will run very slow sluggish programs will hang or not Wireless trouble network connection open not responding This includes the task manager Browsers will not open or operate normally The system will not operate normally If you press the WiFi connection button on the laptop next to the power button it will turn from blue on to orange off then will turn right back on by it s self will not Wireless network connection trouble stay off Have tried I have started the system in Safe Mode with Networking The system runs normally programs open close browsers operate normally and the WiFi connection button operates normally Note I have another laptop that uses the Belkin wireless router with no trouble I have shut off Avast Antivirus and Zone Alarm Firewall eventually uninstalled Zone Alarm Went to the Device Manager and updated Disabled and Enabled Network Adapters restarting OS of course No help I have deleted the Belkin Wireless Network Connection restarted the OS then created a new connection No help I have posted in the Forums thinking it was a Virus Trojan or other Nothing was found and was referred to this section of the Forum Any suggestions Thanks Linda nbsp

A:Wireless network connection trouble

programs will hang or not open ( not responding ). This includes the task manager. Browsers will not open or operate normally. The system will not operate normally.Click to expand...

hmm, that sounds like other issues than just WiFi - - did someone have you run the standalone MSRT?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-connection-trouble.183790/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a Dell Dimension E running Vista Ultimate Sometimes it connects to network available wireless connection random but the available wireless networks we have two and sometimes not Often when I turn wireless network available but connection random it on it will connect for a few minutes and then for no apparant reason it will disconnect I then try to connect to one of the two networks and it says 'windows cannot connect to name ' 'Diagnose the problem' just takes me in a circle by suggesting I 'try again' - it then spends secs 'repairing' before saying 'windows tried a repair but a problem still exits' and giving me the unhelpful option of trying again Later in the day the Dell will suddenly connect and there will be no problem for a while I'm using a Sitecom Wl- v wireless network USB adapter G Turbo NB I have an EEE PC running on XP which has no problems connecting to the same wireless networks Would be extremely grateful to anybody who can tell me what I can do to get the computer to just keep connected Many thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wireless-network-available-but-connection-random-316626.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello I have a Dell Inspirion laptop and it runs with a WLAN Mini-card My computer was running normally today and I had no issues connecting to the internet however just about two hours ago my computer refuses to connect to the internet The strange thing is when I view whether or not it s the router or not it isn t The computer recognizes the router and that it is connecting with it However my firefox does not load any pages and my instant messenger isn t Network Problem Connection Wireless loading either Network Wireless Connection Problem My computer also showed this screen quot Dell Wireless WLAN Card Wireless Network Controller stopped work and was closed quot Generally when Network Wireless Connection Problem this screen pops up no big deal My computer connects like seconds later however now its not Any ideas as to whats going on NOTE Last night my computer did display a blue screen saying that my computer needed to shut down and it did When I restarted it a menu showed up as to whether or not I wanted to continue in safe mode or the other options available I figured it was just because my laptop was overheating however might it have any correlation as to whats going on now Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Network Wireless Connection Problem

Well have you tried to Spy Sweeper and Anti Virus scan? There might be some infections of them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-wireless-connection-problem.818517/
Relevancy 54.61%

hi
my laptop connects fine to the internet using the ethernet connection through a shared computer...
but the problem is that it does not connect when i try connecting it through the wireless connection...i have tried changing all the wireless settings (ip adress, DNS, default gateway etc.) but somehow it just doesn't connect...i recently installed norton internet security but then uninstalled it completely..the computer shows its sending packets but does not recieve any.....

please help

A:Wireless network connection problem!

What wireless connection? You're trying to set up an ad-hoc wireless connection for the ICS?

Is there a reason going "through a shared computer" instead of using a router?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection-problem.760526/
Relevancy 54.61%

itm have you found the solution I tried to help my daughter today - she has exactly same situation - Buffalo router her roommate has NO problem on my daughter laptop Buffalo wireless is just fine quot Excellent Connection quot and same issue - message quot acquiring network address quot Any solution Yes as you wrote same thing is here - OCP IP configuration in Control Panel is the same on both laptops quot Auto-configure quot But when I ran ipconfig on both the results were different - on roommate s laptop a IP address exists - b Default gateway exists - - on my daughter s laptop - neither one exists So I went to TCP IP quot properties quot and typed there Gateway address and specific not Auto- IP addres - tried After that there is NO MORE quot acquiring network address quot message next to Buffalo network - that is quot Connected quot fine But still Internet does not work and ping yahoo com does not work I tried to set same IP address as on the roommate s laptop - with at the end - no difference that is no issue Wireless connection network warning message but still no Internet connection When it says quot acquiring network address quot - which address Of my daughter s laptop Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

I have a Net Gear Wireless-N Router Model No WNR v and I ve been trying unsuccessfully to connect my laptop to a wireless network I ve followed the instructions that came with the router and the wireless adapter but nothing s happening I keep getting the message that I can t connect to the wireless network that I ve set up in my house My laptop is a HP Compaq Presario CQ and my OS is Windows Home Premium On the back of my Modem which is a Thomson THG are an Ethernet connection and a rectangular USB connection along with telephone sockets the power socket and the cable socket The Ethernet cable runs from the Ethernet connection on the back of my PC to my modem but there s no other Ethernet Network Problem. Connection Wireless connection to plug another Ethernet cable into the back of my router Is there some kind of Ethernet Hub I can Wireless Network Connection Problem. buy so that I could plug in a spare Ethernet cable into the back of my router Many thanks to anyone who can help me out Ladygee nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

The wireless network connection button that can be reached from start, control panel, network and internet connections, network connections has dissapeared. Only the local are connection icon remains. I have a windows xp media center edition computer, and get the connection from my dad using a wireless netowrk adapter. Everyone else using using it is not having the same problem. If it helps, I think the problem started ( it happened a while ago so I'm not sure if this is why) because I may have snapped the wireless network adapter I was using in half nwhile it was connected to my computer. This may have happened before or after the button dissapeareaed. PLease help me find the icon!

Relevancy 54.61%

Whenever I click on the repair button this is what is being returned:

"Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action can not be completed:
Disabling the wireless network adapter

Make sure your network adapter is properly installed."

Whenever I try to disable the wireless network connection this is what is being returned:

"It is not possible to disable the connection at this time. This connection may be using one or more protocols that do not support plug-and-play, or it may have been initiated by another user or the system account."

Is there a fix to this problem? I was able to repair my connection untill just recently.

Relevancy 54.61%

Need help desperately I m usually pretty good with computer problems and Network Losing Connection Wireless the one helping others But this problem has me beat I just don t know what to do any more The problem is my wireless network keeps disconnecting once in a while approx Losing Wireless Network Connection every day or two When it goes out eventually I am unable to connect any of my desktops or laptops wirelessly until I power cycle the modem and the router But the ones connected by Losing Wireless Network Connection wire work fine Here is what I ve gone through to trouble shoot I called my ISP provider and they said if I m not having problems connected directly to the modem they can t help me It works for weeks connected directly with no problems I called the manufacturer of the router and they said since it works by wire and I m able to get a connection wirelessly it s not their issue I upgraded the firmware on the router I went through different brand new routers Linksys and DLink and also tried new adapters I tried changing the location of the router even bringing it feet away from the desktop I tried playing around with the settings of the router channel I even upgraded my Internet connection to mbps which comes with a new modem gateway which acts as a wireless router too The new gateway also loses wireless connection I don t know what to do as I ruled out everything It s not the ISP problem it s not a router issue and it s not a specific computer problem I just don t know what to do I really don t want to run cables to all of my computers It s very inconvenient for laptops Please help nbsp

A:Losing Wireless Network Connection

would you post the following when its working and then repeat all the tests when it disconnects and post all the results
ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Ping Tests

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router the next two
Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet , one by name and one by number which checks that the dns is workingClick to expand...

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

No... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/losing-wireless-network-connection.1018920/
Relevancy 54.61%

Please help - Windows 7 - stuck on identifying network - no internet access

thanks in advance

A:Wireless network connection keeps identifying

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

You might want to remove all connection info for all Wireless Access Points.

This can be done via:
Control Panel >
Network and Internet >
Network and Sharing Center >
Manage wireless networks.
Right click on each entry and select Remove network from the context menu.

Restart the computer and try to connect to your Wireless Access Point again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/321589-wireless-network-connection-keeps-identifying.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Ok here s network connection issues Wireless the backstory I have comcast high speed internet and about a year ago I got a netgear N wireless router from them when I got my new computer Everything worked like a champ Wireless network connection issues until New Years Eve when suddenly the connection would keep dropping or not connect at all I went through all the usual steps of resetting the router and the modem etc but that never helped My internet connection works fine when I m plugged in to the router with an ethernet cable and when I m plugged into the modem box itself I figured that possibly something Wireless network connection issues in the router itself has gone bad so I ordered a new Wireless network connection issues one from Comcast Unfortunately I am having the same issues with the new router Computer printer ipod etc all will not connect at all or it does then gets dropped Diagnostics from the computer say the wireless card is still working fine and like I said none of my devices will connect to it I m beginning to think it might be something with the modem box not allowing the connection to the router Any help will be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Wireless network connection issues

Since you are OK with ethernet wireless interference is a strong possibility. Any other 2.4 GHz devices, such as a cordless phone or baby monitor?

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection-issues.975650/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi folks I am using Windows consumer Preview Limited network Wireless Connection I Upgraded form Win I am now having a problem with my wireless network connections Limited Wireless network Connection once connected to the router it stays connected but on booting it show that I only have limited connection and would not connect to the internet I then have to run a diagnostic and allow windows to fix the problem every time I boot the PC an Acer Aspire g I have deleted the Lan drivers and wireless drivers and reinstalled them about times now I have also not installed the drivers to allow windows to install it's own driver the result is the same I have even purchased an external TP-link high gain USB wireless device results are the same Limited connection run diagnostic to fix etc and that sorts the problem every time Has anyone got any ideas or have encounter this before PS I am sitting about metres from the router with full signal strength

A:Limited Wireless network Connection

You might try right clicking the drivers and install them using the various compatibility modes.

That's about all I can think of until some new Windows 8 drivers come out.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/6368-limited-wireless-network-connection.html
Relevancy 54.61%

hi-
Searched threads need help.

I notice when online, through my wireless connection, that the speed seems tochange alot. When I hit the icon on the bottom right of the computer sometimes it says "Speed 24.0 Mbps, or Speed 54.0 Mbps, it seems to fluxuate alot. I notice when it says a speed other than 54.0 Mbps things load slower from web pages. Regardless of what the speed says, the Signal Strength always says" Excellent " and the status always says " " Connected."

Any help would be appreciated!

The router is a Linksys wirless G 2.4Ghz 54Mbps broadband router
The computer is a Sony s460 lap with the built in w/lan.

Thanks-Bob

A:wireless network speed connection

Hi,

Might be worth ensuring that nobody else is logging into your wireless network.

Mine used to also be slow at times until I locked the connection to the MAC addresses of my worksations

Maybe download a bandwidth monitor to see what is happening, something like du-meter.

Of course, it may just be a coincidence as wireless signals can fluxuate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-speed-connection.387302/