Windows Support Forum

Can two 9800GT cards with different memory be SLI configured?

Q: Can two 9800GT cards with different memory be SLI configured?

Dear SLI tech people I have Inno d GT cards in my computer The only difference is one is a Mb and one is a Gb card I only got the Gb because it was given to me Now with them being slightly different spec I dont get a box to tick in the d settings of my NVIDIA control panel to enable SLI That I get cos the cards need syncing if thats the term Now once upon a time NVIDIA wrote on their website that Coolbits could be used set to value to make my two cards work together so memory SLI with Can two cards configured? be different 9800GT I did the following Enabling CoolBits Step Click on your Start Menu in the Windows Task Bar and select Run When the command box opens type quot regedit quot without the quotes and press OK With the registry editor open go to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE NVIDIA Corporation Global NVTweak expand the menu using the quot quot expansion buttons to locate this menu item Click on quot NVTweak quot in the menu Next right-click on Can two 9800GT cards with different memory be SLI configured? the empty space inside right window and choose quot New gt DWORD value quot Name the value quot Coolbits quot without the quotes Step Within the Registry Editor right click on Coolbits and choose Modify Change the Value data to quot quot without Can two 9800GT cards with different memory be SLI configured? the quotes and click OK Exit the Registry Editor Nothing has changed and with the newest drivers and software from NVIDIA their System Tools addon still nothing My ASUS motherboard must be sli-ready because it came with the bridge which i have slotted in as required The cards are recognised but I just cant get them into SLI Any ideas Oh and do I have to watch which way round the cards are slotted in my PC and with my bridge not indicating which way round it should go am I ok to just put it on any which way Please help because I like games nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can two 9800GT cards with different memory be SLI configured?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Can two 9800GT cards with different memory be SLI configured?

Yes they can... Look at the site of the cards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-two-9800gt-cards-with-different-memory-be-sli-configured.150661/
Relevancy 61.92%

Dear Techspot SLI 9800GT with memory 2x unavailable option on different I m at a dead end with my attempts to enable SLI on my system I ve done everything I can Activating coolbits hasn t worked I think because the nature of the nvidia software has changed since coolbits was introduced a few years back My motherboard is SLI option unavailable on 2x 9800GT with different memory definitely set properly as I ve followed the instructions in my manual Here is the latest system report Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor MHz Operating System Microsoft Windows XP -bit Service Pack DirectX version GPU processor GeForce GT Driver version CUDA Cores Core clock MHz Shader clock MHz Memory clock MHz MHz data rate Memory interface -bit Memory MB Memory type GDDR Video BIOS version A IRQ Bus PCI Express x GPU processor GeForce GT Driver version CUDA Cores Core clock MHz Shader clock MHz Memory clock MHz MHz data rate Memory interface -bit Memory MB Memory type GDDR Video BIOS version IRQ Bus PCI Express x Components nvCplUIR dll NVIDIA Control Panel nvCplUI exe NVIDIA Control Panel nvWSSR dll NVIDIA Workstation Server nvWSS dll NVIDIA Workstation Server nvViTvSR dll NVIDIA Video Server nvViTvS dll NVIDIA Video Server nvMoblSR dll NVIDIA Mobile Server nvMoblS dll NVIDIA Mobile Server nvDispSR dll NVIDIA Display Server NVMCTRAY DLL NVIDIA Media Center Library NVOGLNT DLL NVIDIA Compatible OpenGL ICD nvDispS dll NVIDIA Display Server NVCPL DLL NVIDIA Compatible Windows Display driver Version NV MINI SYS NVIDIA Compatible Windows Miniport Driver Version NV DISP DLL NVIDIA Compatible Windows Display driver Version PhysX NVIDIA PhysX NVCUDA DLL NVIDIA CUDA driver nvGameSR dll NVIDIA D Settings Server nvGameS dll NVIDIA D Settings Server Notably the PCI Express section says PCI-E x which is odd My motherboard is an Asus A N-SLI Deluxe so it should be fine The other thing is the video bios is very slightly different for each card along with the IRQ Please help guys Im really struggling on this nbsp

A:SLI option unavailable on 2x 9800GT with different memory

I've just reinstalled my NVIDIA drivers and I got a "Hardware not working properly" message after the system tried to find drivers for the "other PCI Bridge Device". Is this my problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sli-option-unavailable-on-2x-9800gt-with-different-memory.151536/
Relevancy 57.62%

I started off with 256mb and upgraded to 512mb. I stuck in the chip and did nothing more. Windows programs like Advanced System Care seem to notice the additional chip but I was in CMOS the other day and some setting there was still reading 256mb. Do I need to adjust this to get complete functionality out of the second chip?

A:Do installed memory chips need to be configured in CMOS as well?

You dont have to config when adding memory. Are you adding a correct card? you can go to http://crucial.com and click on scan or creck my system to see what the board has and will take

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/do-installed-memory-chips-need-to-be-configured-in-cmos-as-well.909875/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have an old Sony DSC-P150 camera,it has an 128mb Memory stick,what i would like to know is if i can use any other type of memory card in it. thanks

Tamarc

A:What Memory Cards can I Use

Memory Stick or Memory Stick Pro

Your manual might tell you if there is a max size

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-memory-cards-can-i-use.782111/
Relevancy 49.45%

This may be a total newbie-esque question, but if you don't ask.....

I have seen a brilliant website for a load of things that i am looking at buying, such as MP3 player, USB flash, Secure Digital card, USB hub... but it is an American site.
If i was to buy any such products from the United States, whether from a site, on a holiday etc... are they sure to work over here in England?
Are there ANY differences in the specs of things such as Secure-digital cards, USB flash etc...?

Please help, could save myself a bomb!!!

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi all, I need some advice how to get maximum out from my desktops memory.

I had 4GB of RAM installed already in my desktop, when I decided to add another 4GB.
The things is I couldnt find the same memory and finally went with
another company's memeory card.

Problem is, that when I checked with "CPU-Z" program, the status of my memory
card, it showed me 533Mhz and when added additional 4GB, the Mhz went down
to 399Mhz

Firstly, I already had CORSAIR XMS2 (CM2X2048-8500C5) DDR2 memory, what
should be 1066Mhz and added KINGSTON 2-KIT KHX8500D2K2/4G, what is
also 1066Mhz.

My question is, how come the Mhz is down to 533Mhz and when
added additional 4GB, down to 399Mhz?

Thank You guys and girls, for Your time!

A:Why my memory cards Mhz's are low?

I haven't found anything in the manual that states this. but some motherboards clock the RAM down if all 4 DIMM slots are populated.

If you set the RAM frequency, voltage, and timings manually in the BIOS, you may be able to get it work reliably at the rated frequency.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/205478-why-my-memory-cards-mhzs-low.html
Relevancy 49.45%

is hp pavilion and gateway 2000 memory cards compatable. what i want to do is put the gateway 2000 memory card into the hp....can this be done...safely...without damage to the hp.....give me exact....we can not mess up both computers....thanks

Relevancy 49.45%

I have a PS2 system and a PSOne memory card. The system will read the information off the memory card. but when i tried to save gta4 vice city to my memory card, it says no PS2 memory card in slot 1. why does it do this. is it because it's a ps1 card and it won't save that game onto that card? it'll save my other games. it makes no sense to me. can anybody help?

Relevancy 49.45%

my computer runs REALLY slow a friend of mine told me that i don t have enough RAM to do ANYTHING which is true I can t open Microsoft Word anymore and Xp Cards? Memory i wanted to put the Sims game on my computer but then my computer can t even function normally if i do that someone told me that i can get these quot cards quot that i can put into the computer in order to give it more memory so i can install the game and download Microsoft Word again What are these quot cards quot and how do you install them and would it fix my computer problem I am going to give you my system things so you can see whats wrong and to show you what my friend says is Xp Memory Cards? wrong System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version Serivce Pack Registered to im not giving you that info its not relevent Computer Intell reg Pentium reg CPU GHz GHz MB of RAM lt lt lt my friend says that the amount of RAM on my computer is a joke and that the RAM was the problem and that the minnimal is like something HELP ME PLEASE

A:Xp Memory Cards?

Your friend is correct. But as cheap as RAM is I would recommend 512mb instead of 256mb. There are some things you can do while waiting for the RAM to come in. Start by running Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Disk Cleanup. Go into Safe Mode and run [b]Defrag, located next to disk cleanup. Start with that and let us know if it helps. The RAM will make the big difference.Good luck and Happy New Year.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/38665/xp-memory-cards/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a new Canon S3 IS digital camera which takes SD memory cards. The card that came with it is only 16 mb. I find, on the Internet, some good prices in 1 GB miniSecure Digital cards. My only concern is that the illustrations of these mini cards show a slightly different shape than that of the 16 mb. SD disk which came with the camera. These 1 GB. SD cards come with adapters. I'm not sure just how these adapters fit into the total picture. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

A:Question re: SD Memory Cards

The mini SD is a much smaller size. The adapter will let it work in your camera but I would go with a standard sized SD card and avoid the adapter. I would also get something rated at least 40X. A “standard” speed SD card might slow your cycle times and cause the movies to drop frames.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-re-sd-memory-cards.469402/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,
I own a Windows XP sp3 with 512 mo of ram (2 slots of 256,each).Can I replace one of the slot with a 512 mo (DDR 400mhz,same as the 256 mo,200 mhz each).I need more memory because my physical memory can go as high as 90-95 %.BTW my hard disk is ok,because there is 60 go left.

Thank you

A:[SOLVED] About memory cards

Hi, try replace slots with higher Ram 1x1 GB (each 800Mhz), if your motherboard suported!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-about-memory-cards-409486.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello I have Windows XP professional and gb ram and GHz processor in Dell Inspiron with gb hardisk capacity It s about yrs old but running good However its a bit slow because of the old configuration I want to increase my memory card It s been slow for a long time now and I want to upgrade my memory now I opened the battery outlet and check Memory cards queries.. my memory card I have two mb memory card with this configuration quot DDR SO-DIMM DDR s quot I searched online on Amazon and on the Newegg com website and came across to almost the same card but instead of s which is mine I am getting just one I do not understand what is the difference And this Memory cards queries.. is why I need suggestion Is it the same thing Will I still be able to upgrade my memory card Memory cards queries.. from gb to gb Like I said I have two mb memory cards so I was thinking that I will replace one of them by this gb I was afraid it might create some problems Any suggestion Can I do that or should I have both of these slots filled by the same capacity and configuration memory cards I am sending the link below for the clarification http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E I will appreciate the kind and needful help Regards Vikram nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

I've been reading in the forums for help with my camera and memory card and there was a post the seemed like it might be on the right track for my issue which is , my memory card is damaged! It's a 256 MB card on a Konica Minolta and it gives me the error "unable to read card". In one post there was talk about formatting the card in your camera but I can't find how to do that. Can someone assist me??

Relevancy 49.02%

My PS2 has 2 memory cards but so far I can only play from the card to the left ( PS2/1 ). If I recall correctly, somebody men tioned that some PS2 console has a preference for either the left card or the right card. Can that be true ?

Relevancy 49.02%

hi iam building a computer from old parts and my motherboard has none of those memory cards or ram as i think its called any way will the computer work with out these or are they important??

my thank yous thousand!!

Relevancy 49.02%

i am almost a virgin at this,so please try to control your laughter long enough to help me. i have an older packard bell that i have been learning to crash,freeze up,commit illeagal functions and other various sorts of rather complicated actions that i have no idea whatsoever i did to accomplish them!!it is a multimedia d141 that has had some upgrades,a pentium overdrive,cordless mouse and keyboard and sound blaster. my question is;where do i plug in the new memory boards? and which ones do i take out?i have 1-32mb edo kbyte #8 and 1-16mb edo kbyte #7.looking inside my cpu there are 4 cards,2 with 4 large black things{2 on each side} and 2 cards that look like the new 16mb card.which ones do i change?

Relevancy 49.02%

I have a lot of old memory modules some have no indication of what size they are. Is there a site where you can go to input part number or other info and get an identification of that module?

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all
I'm building this system:

- APEVIA X-Infinity Metal Case
-INTEL CORE 2 QUAD Q6600 2.4G
-BFG GeForce 8800GTS 640MB PCI-e OC2 Edition
-Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 750GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache Sata II Hard Drive ST3500630AS
-OCZ GameXStream 850W SLI Power Supply
-P5KC Dual-channel DDR2 1066/800/667 MHz or DDR3 1333/1066/800
-Vantec Spectrum PCI Fan Card with Blue UV LED
- Lite-On Super-Multi LH20A1H Lightscribe DVD Burner - 20x DVD±R Burn

But i do not know which memory card i will Include this collection (4 GB). i saw good ones but really Expensive . How about:

OCZ SLI-Ready Edition Dual Channel 2048MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz Memory (2 x 1024MB) $79.97 (tiger direct) after rebate.

Is it fast? and will SLI-Ready make big a differnce?

Thank you

Hichael

A:SLI-Ready Memory cards

read: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic65114.html

Also a MEMORY CARD is a TYPE of RAM, but what you a looking for is RAM.
Ensure you use the correct terminology.

MEMORY cards are REMOVABLE. RAM generally is NOT (and is designed to be semi-permanent.)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sli-ready-memory-cards.88291/
Relevancy 49.02%

no idea what the problem is. I can read/write to a usb stick no problem, but when it comes to trying to use my memory card reader to read/write to a memory card, its a no go.

I actually have TWO usb card readers, one is about a year old, second i just bought from dell a week ago (iogear). Both have the exact same problem, upon plugging in the reader with no cards in them, the computer detects them and shows the various empty drives in my computer.

Once I plug in a memory card, you can tell the computer detected it because I get the hourglass for a brief second, but nothing shows up. Ive tried multiple compact flash and SD cards, all the same result..... arrrgh

I'm running Windows 7 64bit

PS. I verified both readers/all cards are working by plugging them into WindowsXP and WinVista machines

any ideas?

A:Can't read ANY memory cards

Drivers? New computer? Or just new problem on a computer where it worked before?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-read-any-memory-cards.885330/
Relevancy 49.02%

I was just wondering if there is 3 slots for memory is it alright to install 1-128mb and 2-32mb totalling 192 mbs. Or do all the cards have to be in same sizes??

Thank you for any help!

A:different size memory cards

generally it will work fine but some motherboards have to have specific sizes or installed in a specific arrangement to work

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/different-size-memory-cards.51419/
Relevancy 49.02%
Relevancy 49.02%

I have no clue if this is do-able or not but thought it couldnt hurt to ask!

I'm trying to get my nephew some Ram for his new comp, which is slower than death on crutches. I have a couple of old computers laying around....I pulled 2 cards out of one of them. Can I install them into his computer or does he have to buy new ones? I feel sorry for him. It's his first computer (Compaq Presario 7500) and he is so excited to have it but it is just awful. Thank God he doesnt know what he is missing, lol!

Any takers here?

Relevancy 49.02%

I recently purchased a flash type MP3 player, that says it is expandable via Memory Card. Can anyone tell me exactly how that would work? I've never had any experience with Memory Cards.

If I have the wrong forum, please excuse me....... and move it if necessary.

Thanks!

A:Memory Cards? Question, please....

A memory card, is external memory.
You have some built in memory, in the player its self.

There should be a place on your player that looks like a slot.
You would slide the memory card in it.

The cards should come in 64mb, 128mb.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-cards-question-please.355779/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a Dell Dim 3000 and a Dell Dim 2400. Can I add the memory card from the 3000 to the 2400?

A:Can you have two memory cards in one computer?

Have a look here http://www.motherboardpoint.com/memory-adding-do-need-match-sizes-t11573.html

Im no expert on this but it tells of other people running 2,I think you will find they have to be the same type and be within the limits of what the motherboard can handle .....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-you-have-two-memory-cards-in-one-computer.870607/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi, I have 512K 2 seperate slots.......256K is older ddr pc266b and the other is 256K of newer ddr dimm.

My computer recognizes the 512K but it hasn't been working right since the instalation. Has anyone had a problem with mixing these two different memory chips.

Thanks for the help

dld

Relevancy 48.59%

Recently I had a problem with the computer beeping on start-up and was advised to re-seat the memory cards, which I did, and now the PC works fine except that there is no sound.

When I go to the control panel it says "Realtec High Definition Audio not plugged in," but the speakers that I have always used with this system (Altec Lansing Gateway 2000 speakers) are plugged in. There is a green 1/8 inch connector plugged into the green audio hole in the back of the tower.

I can tell the speakers are working because they hum and crackle when plugged in.

What do you think I should do? -Dan Stanley

A:No sound after re-seating memory cards

The "not plugged in" error isn't referring to the speakers, it's referring to a problem with the sound adapter into which the speakers are plugged.

Two things to try:

System Restore (choose a restore point that's dated before the problem started).

OR

Re-install the sound/audio driver which you can download from your PC or laptop manufacturer's website.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-after-re-seating-memory-cards.1052938/
Relevancy 48.59%

i just installed another video card in my computer..i was wondering if i can share my old video cards memory to my ram? cause its only 256 and the old video card is onboard..

A:sharing my video cards memory?

Once you install a graphics card in most cases the onboard video is disabled.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sharing-my-video-cards-memory.659964/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a windows Vista and want to load pictures from my computer onto a memory card to put in a digital photo frame. Can I do this? If so can you help me? My computer is a Dell Inspiron 1525. Thank you.

A:Solved: loading memory cards

yes - should be able to , if you have a memory card reader in the PC
and you should just be able to copy the pictures onto the card

if it needs formatting - then use FAT format and not NTFS

so first thing is - make and exact model of the PC
does it have a card reader ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-loading-memory-cards.1117618/
Relevancy 48.59%

When I insert a media card from digital camera on my computer it reads the card but shows pictures that were on card the first time card was ever read by Vista. The new pictures are hidden behind orginals. Clicking on old pictures will bring up the new pics. This occurs only using Vista. Pictures are always deleted from card before removing from computer. I have even reformatted cards. Inserting reformatted card into computer will show it is blank. However, upon taking pictures, this phenoenon ocurrs over again.
Can anyone tell me why this happens and how to cure it?

A:Reading memory cards in Vista

What Vista program are you viewing the photos in?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/235372-reading-memory-cards-vista.html
Relevancy 48.59%

ok first off hi this is my first post and this looks like a great forum ok now for the qustions can a pc memory crip be used with a higher speed chip I have a readon graphic s card its graphics memory and cards about a few qustions pci design cause it was the only type my last comp could use and i tried to install it in my a few qustions about memory and graphics cards new comp cause the g card in the new one is on the fritz but the damn thing dosent respond windows see s it and even identifies it im using winxp i installed newist drivers for it and disabled my main graphics card from the hardware manager this should be that easy but it s not and im f lost as to what might be the problem can it be the pci slot i used it was in the third one umm does the main one still act like its the main even if u delete it from the hardware profiles i tried this this is a real noodle scracher me well thx for read this and a big up to any one who can find a solution to my prob lol i bet is a common proablem and im gonna feel soo stupid when i hear well bye nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

I need to upgrade my Dell Inspiron 5100's 256MB RAM memory. I went to the Dell site and can get 512MB PC2100 card (200 pin) for about $125. I went to Best Buy and entered my notebook model for their "Memory Center" helper and they pointed me to a significantly cheaper Viking PC2100 card that's only 144 pin ($30 rebates).

Obviously, I want to get what will work along with the best cost. The pin discrepancy worries me. Should it?

A:Dell Memory upgrade and 144 vs. 200 Pin cards

It would worry me. I think you you need to count the pin-holes in the socket, and check the Mfg specs for the board and memory modules.---911

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-memory-upgrade-and-144-vs-200-pin-cards.229230/
Relevancy 48.59%

My computer has a 64bit Dimm 512 mb Ddr 400 Pc3200 M-tec.. memory card installed.

At the same time I dismantled my old computer and would like to use its memory card to improve my current configuration. The old memory card I would like to add up is one with these specs: VM 256MB PC133 / 2002JUN009/ARROW GREEN

As I don´t know too much about computers I am placing this question here hoping to find a helping hand: Do these cards conflict ? Do they work together ? What additional changes shall I have to do at he BIOS or somewhere else in my PC to get a working capacity of 768 mb ?

Thank you a lot !!!

Aquaviva

=========================================================
OS W XP Home, Sp2
Amd Sempron 2400+ S.a. 1.67 Ghz 333 Tray
Caviar/80 gb 100 7200 rpm 2 mb Wd899bb
Asus Motherboard Km400a Matx Socket A fsb 400, Ddr A7
64 Bit Dimm 512 Ddr 400 Pc3200 M-Tec
LITE-ON DVD + R/RW/DL
1.44 Diskett station

Relevancy 48.59%

Ok I original bought x g of these Newegg com - G SKILL GB amp x GB amp -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR amp PC amp with is my replace of one? different junk, cards One a memory 4 Dual Channel Kit One of my 4 memory cards is junk, replace with a different one? Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBNQ They are rated - - - with a One of my 4 memory cards is junk, replace with a different one? Cas Latency of also have a speed of DDR PC Now One of my 4 memory cards is junk, replace with a different one? since I only need to replace stick I figured try to get the same exact stick but it seems they dont sell the exact ones any more So I was going to get this single g stick of G Skill's Newegg com - G SKILL GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR amp PC amp Desktop Memory Model F - CL S- GBPQ But it seems to be rated a bit slower - - - lower voltage a Cas Latency of amp its speed is DDR PC Will this limit the computers ability to really perform at it's highest possible rate of g if the th stick is slower like that

A:One of my 4 memory cards is junk, replace with a different one?

Don't buy the single stick. It's never a good idea to mix memory. Always buy your RAM in matched pairs.

The new memory is a different speed, and so the board will default to the slowest stick's frequency, in this case, 800MHz instead of 1066MHz. The timings are different, so you'll also be running looser. Most importantly though is the voltage; they're different, so you don't want any part of this mess in your machine.

G.Skill usually has a lifetime warranty. Give em a call. Since the product is discontinued, you may very well end up with a new kit.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/164819-one-my-4-memory-cards-junk-replace-different-one.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello all, has anyone ever experienced this with 2 nvidia cards in SLI.

Before I enable SLI I have 4096 total available graphics memory showing in WEI.

After I enable SLI it goes to 3968.

It`s no big deal at all, but I just wondered if this occurred to anyone, if you even noticed it.

And my question is why might it do it.

It did it on my MSI board and now the Sabertooth.

I`m assuming it`s just a Windows thing and can`t be adjusted.

I run 2 EVGA 770 2 GB cards.

Thanks for any input

A:Cards in Sli, loose a bit of gaming memory in WEI.

I think the Bios on that board may need a update something is off all the way around

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/364477-cards-sli-loose-bit-gaming-memory-wei.html
Relevancy 48.59%

So I ve got two computers a laptop and a desktop both running XP about or Memory crash cards computers years old I have two GB SD cards and one GB SDHC card that I use with a Kodak ZI video camera I make a lot of videos in my free time and it s something I like to do a lot I ve had the camera for a few months Memory cards crash computers and it worked great I bought my first SDHC card and when I used it in either computer it completely crashed the thing and after some research learned my motherboard was too old to support it which is understandable The other two Memory cards crash computers SD memory cards I had worked fine for a while In September after I came back from a trip with hours and hours of video I found that when I plugged my memory cards in several different ways no matter what my computer froze and I had to kill it using the SD card slot on the computer or leaving the card in the camera and utilizing the USB hookup on the camera I used a temporary solution by borrowing a newer computer and putting the files on there then transferring them to my computer using an external hard drive as the middle man I haven t got a chance to try a different memory card besides my three on the computers but it does work on my friend s newer one running Vista purchased within the last year Any help would be really appreciated because this is killing me Laptop gigs RAM Webroot symantic Norton Aol comp check up and spyware protection search and destroy Desktop ATI radeon card gigs RAM same antivirus Both have Service pack and legal installation nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-cards-crash-computers.959962/
Relevancy 48.59%

Trying to upgrade memory to the max of mb with two mb memory cards When I have both cards installed Windows won t start and I get a black screen that says We apologize for the inconvenience but Windows did not start successfully A recent hardware or software change might have caused this If your computer stopped responding or restarted unexpectedly or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders choose Last Known Good Configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked If a previous start up attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the Power or Reset button was pressed or if you aren t sure what caused the problem choose Start Windows Normally Safe memory two 256mb work together cards won't Mode Safe Mode with Networking Safe Mode with Command Prompt Last Know Good Configuration your most recent settings that worked Start Windows Normally None of the above options will work It just brings two 256mb memory cards won't work together me back to the same screen They re the right kind of memory cards for my computer because one will work at a time but not both together two 256mb memory cards won't work together My computer is a HP Pavilion XE running Windows XP Home Edition Maybe there s a setting that needs to be changed nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

i have an ati radeon 9800pro video card and its got 128ddr ram i was wondering if its possible to add more ram or change the on board ram to 256 if so does the ram have to be specific spec of ram

A:Adding more memory to graphics cards

As far as I know all modern video cards don't allow expansion of ram. All I can think of it would involve a lot of soldering, forcing a bios update, all of which may not work, and if something goes wrong, it will kill your card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-more-memory-to-graphics-cards.17781/
Relevancy 48.59%

I am looking for a PCI-E video card for my AMD 3700+ system I am building and I see the term GDDR2 in the description. I know that the new memory is DDR2 204 pin vs 184 pin ddr.
My question is-Will putting a v-card with the GDDR2 memory in a MOBO that has the old 184 pin DDR memory cause a hardware conflict?

A:Video cards with GDDR2 memory?I am

no it will not hurt a thing other than the video card will be faster

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-cards-with-gddr2-memory-i-am.67438/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a very old Sony DSC-P32 Digital Camera. Can I use Sony's Memory Stick Pro Duo (MSX-M2GS). Before I open this 2 GB stick, I want to be certain it will be ok. One store told me 128mb was the biggest, another said 1GB was the max. I am currently using the 128mb. Any help appreciated. Snappper

Relevancy 48.59%

HELPP!! I have an eTower 700irx computer. P.O.S. might i add! Well I just bought a memory card to make this darn thing faster! Unfortunatly though, I can't get the monitor apart to take the old one out and put the new one. Someone threw away the instruction manual for this thing, so I have NO idea what to do!!! I want to play my 2 games i recently have, but need more memory! Can someone help me get this thing apart so i can play my games!?!?!?!?!!? HELPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A:Changing Memory Cards NEED HELPPPP

Here's a link to a site might be able to answer your questions

http://www.e4all.info/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-memory-cards-need-helpppp.156698/
Relevancy 48.59%

I keep my digital camera in an old Tamron lens cylindrical carry case which offers good protection, but there is no room for anything else. I also have a small zipped case which can attach to the case strap.
My question is - will carrying spare NiMH recharged batteries in that small case along with used or unused memory cards have any bad effect on the cards?
Thanks

johnni

Relevancy 48.59%

Hey all. I have a question. I have a ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 IGP video card for my laptop. It currently has 64mb of the total memory. In looking at reviews for my laptop, I saw a comment that says the shared memory can be increased to a max. of 128, with all the memory coming from system ram. I've looked around and can't find any way to do it. Did I misread the article, or does someone know how to increase the memory without adding new hardware? Any help would be appreciated.

A:Shared memory with video cards

I'm not 100% sure but i think it may be an option within the bios have you tried looking there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/shared-memory-with-video-cards.20744/
Relevancy 48.59%

These are the last three BSOD errors I received they are all different. Thanks for the help! BTW I am completely new to this so break it down barney style for me !

A:BSOD keeps happening, think it might be the memory cards

Code:
BugCheck 1A, {41284, fffff7063fbcc001, 21e54, fffff70001080000}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+4ac3 )

Code:
Usual causes: Device driver, memory, kernel
Follow these steps -

Test for any corrupted drivers, by running Driver Verifier for least 24 hours, stop the test if a BSOD occurs before this time frame. Driver Verifier will place stress on the drivers within your system, which will cause corrupted drivers to crash and hopefully be pinpointed.Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
More Help and Information with Driver Verifier - Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Drivers

Memory:RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Run Memtest86+ for least 7-8 passes, and preferably overnight as it can take a while to fully complete.

Test each RAM stick individually, if an error is found then move the same RAM stick into the next DIMM slot and test again, if errors are found for the same RAM stick in every available slot then you have a faulty RAM module. On the other hand, if no errors are found in the next slot or the other slots for the same RAM module, then you have a faulty DIMM slot.

Test each RAM stick and every motherboard DIMM slot available.

Scan for any missing, modified or corrupted protected Windows files with:SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Did you buy a clean Windows 7 DVD or was it a Windows System Builder disc?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/271493-bsod-keeps-happening-think-might-memory-cards.html
Relevancy 48.59%

My question is I'm getting a new G. Card, do I get (examples, I haven't made a decision.)

1. A newer Radeon 6800 series with only 512mb of mem
or 2. A Older maybe 6500-6700 series with 1-2GB of ram?

A:Graphics cards: Does MB/GB (memory) matter?

What are your system specs and budget? What kind of PSU do you have? what's your budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-cards-does-mb-gb-memory-matter.177784/
Relevancy 48.59%

I'm not sure what caused this but now whenever I put any of my SD cards in my computer via USB readers or the SD MMC MS XD reader they just show up as quot SD MMC quot as opposed to their name Attempting to open them gives a message reading quot You need to format the disk in drive H before you can use it Do you want to format it quot I formatted my MB card several times only for it to stop before completion saying quot Windows was unable to complete the format quot Yet when I put the same MB SD card in another computer lo and behold it's formatted All of my SD cards work in other computers yet not this one I have USB ports and I've tried hooking them all up through card readers or through cameras to work Memory no cards longer no avail I've contacted Gateway support and they've told me to reinstall some drivers which I did This accomplished nothing I'm on a Memory cards no longer work Gateway FX laptop and the Realtek USB Card Reader driver is apparently working according to its properties I have the Vista boot disc that came with the computer but I'm not sure how I'd go about using that to fix this if it actually could Any ideas as to why my computer's screwing up like this and how I could fix it Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/memory-cards-no-longer-work-303789.html
Relevancy 48.59%

"“Just delete the photos you don’t want,” one friend suggests when you ask what to do when you’ve finished downloading a memory card to your computer.

“No, no. You want to format it in the camera to be safe,” chimes in another

And still a third friend offers, “What’s best is low level formatting, if you camera offers it.”

For a lot of people starting out in digital photography, all these bits of advice can seem both conflicting and confusing. What is low level and why is it better? What happens if I just delete?"
http://digital-photography-school.com/the-different-methods-of-cleaning-memory-cards

A:The Different Methods Of Cleaning Memory Cards

I just delete using the Camera, I rarely format. I suspect some will tell you you need to format over and over to make sure it gets a good scrub, but I never have any issues and I've probably shot 10000 pictures on the same card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-different-methods-of-cleaning-memory-cards.855808/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi guys I recently installed Windows Vista Ultimate on different computers both with the same mother board same graphic cards and same CPU the only difference is errors and cards Graphic memory, RAM is single gb slot other the one which is problematic with sticks of gb each Geill iirc and the hard Graphic cards memory, and errors drive DVD is different as well but I doubt it s the cause On the first computer everything works really nice didn t Graphic cards memory, and errors have to do anything except installing Nvidia drivers On the other computer everything works fine UNTILL I install Nvidia drivers I get alot of random BSOD IRQL LESS OR EQUAL Thread stopped really varying almost never got same one twice and loads of freezes where the computer just hangs up and if I wait long enough I get an error message saying error at insert hex address here trying to write to another something I O error click ok to terminate most of the time it s DWM desktop windows manager and explorer exe after I press ok nothing works I tried tracking down the source I ran memtest for about hours passes errors so I think memory is OK The only thing I find really weird is when I run DXdiag I see my video card has MB instead of the as it reads on the other computer that it s supposed to have installing beta drivers leadtek s drivers normal drivers all failed however I only checked the memory with the beta drivers but I believe it s all the same if you require me to test it I will have to reinstall vista any help will be MOST appreciated I succumbed to the vista looks nbsp

A:Graphic cards memory, and errors

new nvidia drivers mess up vista pretty badly. see if you can get the lowest version number compatible with your gpu.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphic-cards-memory-and-errors.608409/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have an old PIII with a on-board Intel E AGP video and installed an ATI Radeon PCI video with video ports VGA and DVI I have VGA CRTs I am trying to with Conflict Cards Memory 2 Video get monitors to work with Windows ME If I make the PCI video the primary graphics card it itializes fine but Device Manager puts a yellow exclamation point Memory Conflict with 2 Video Cards on the Intel Memory Conflict with 2 Video Cards graphics card and says that it couldn t initalize it Memory Conflict with 2 Video Cards If I make the on-board Intel AGP video the primary it itializes both cards fine and Windows is displayed on monitor connected to the AGP video and I get the message on the second monitor plugged into the VGA port of the ATI card that says Windows has successfully initiallzed this desplay adapter However when looking at Device manager the ATI VGA port has a yellow exclamation point and with a device status message that says that the memory normally used is in use by another program or device When going to the Resources it does not show any conflicts I can not change any of the setting for either the Primary or Secondary connectot or the ATI card under Windows but can change the settings for the on-board Intel AGP card The automatic settings are as follows Intel E Mem Rng A - AFFFF Mem Rng B - BFFFF I O B - BB I O C - DF I R Mem Rng F - FBFFFFFF Mem Rng FFE - FFEFFFFF Mem Rng C - C FFF ATI Radeon VGA port I R Mem Rng D - DFFFFFFF Mem Rng FFC - FFC FFFF I O D - D FF Mem Rng FFC - FFC FFFF ATIF Radeon DVI port Mem Rng E - EFFFFFFF Mem Rng FFCF - FFCFFFFF Which memory ranges on the on-board Intel AGP card do I need to change to try to get the VGA port of the ATI card to work Is there another problem If I can t get it to work what do I need to plug my VGA CRT into the DVI secondary port of the ATI card and do you have any recommendation of which one to get Thanks nbsp

A:Memory Conflict with 2 Video Cards

Hi and welcome. Please do not duplicate post. If you feel your thread was overlooked, post BACK to the same thread to bring it to the top again.

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?t=332352

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-conflict-with-2-video-cards.332712/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello Iam having an issue that is relay working (sd, memory sd No micro cards etc) starting to annoying The problem is that no kinds of storage No memory cards working (sd, micro sd etc) cards are currently working perfect on my computer For an example no phones can be connected have tryed htc's with microsd cards and a sony ericson with an m card and same No memory cards working (sd, micro sd etc) problem Also No memory cards working (sd, micro sd etc) if i try to open any SD cards like camera it dosent work The thing is that it comes up as removable drive but when i try to open it it just says please insert card I have tryed deleting installing reformatting drivers and cards like crazy and its the same I have also tryed changing the drive letters around but the issue is the same The only thing that makes the work is the following If i leave the card in the cardreader or a phone connected then restarts the pc whitout removing the card or phone then it works when its rebooted but asoon as i remove the card phone and reinsert them the issue is still there quot please insert card quot I have even changed the motherboard cpu and memory and formated the computer times but still same issue So im thinking that windows is installing wrong driver or something Any new drivers to motherboard phone or cardreader dosent help It must be windows related Also all the cards and phones works on my rd computer also running windows But my old and this have the same issue The specs on current pc are Motherboard Asus P P Deluxe CPU Intel I Memory Corsair Vengance gb MHz spesific made with v for the sandybridge motherboards Also the issue was the same on my old computer also running windows that had a socket build Any been having the same issue Regards Daniel

A:No memory cards working (sd, micro sd etc)

Could you tell me the make and model of your card reader?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/174534-no-memory-cards-working-sd-micro-sd-etc.html
Relevancy 48.59%

i know there are video cards that have 128 mb memory that are better then video cards with 256 mb memory.

so what difference does the memory make?

If u play a game like doom 3 (i know is not out yet), would difference a card make if it were the same spec card but one had 128 mb and other had 256 mb.

The reason i am asking this is because i have a geforce 2 64 mb and i looking to spend about 200 $ on a new video card by the time doom 3 comes out so i can play that game with a decent setting.

Relevancy 48.16%

I have a 6 in 1 media card reader that will only read memory cards right after rebooting the computer.

After the card reader has retrieved photos from memory card once, it will not recognize (read) card again until the computer is rebooted.

Can anyone help?

The following are the computer stats:

2.66 GHz Intel Pentium 4 Processor
512 MB Ram
120 GB Hard Drive
Nvidia GeForce 4 mx 440
AGB 8x Graphics card with 64 MB DDR Memory and TV-out

Thanks for looking.

A:GeForce 4 mx 440 - Trouble reading memory cards

Sounds like more of a problem with the card reader than the graphics card. Try reinstalling the card reader driver. Uninstall the driver first, restart and then reinstall the driver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-4-mx-440-trouble-reading-memory-cards.40443/
Relevancy 48.16%

Windows XP Pro SP HP nx laptop My Computer won t see any USB storage devices like flash memory sticks or SD cards in a card reader I ve checked for drive letter conflicts and I don t have any When if USB memory stick working! not cards flash and I plug in a U memory stick I can see the U CD part of the stick but none of the flash memory storage area When if I put an SD SDHC or Compact Flash card into a card reader I get nothing None of what should be available storage space can be seen under USB flash memory stick and cards not working! Disk Management I can see all my other drives but the flash space is not there Its like the disks don t exist Every stick I m having issues with every flash card I m having problems with they all work on other machines without any issues at all I do have ONE USB flash memory stick and cards not working! memory stick that works but the AutoPlay no longer functions as it did I don t get a choice of what to do even though its set to let me choose when I insert Other than that NONE of my flash based storage works Help Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Anyone use one? I heard its alot easier, and faster than burning a CD everytime. Are they worth the money? What make is best?

Relevancy 48.16%

This seems really odd to me and I have been unable to figure Reading flash cards Vista in memory it out When I insert a card from one of our digital cameras into the reader s on my computer it reads the card and I can view the files But the next time I insert a card into the reader it brings up the photos from the last set of files that were on that card using Windows Explorer It s as though it is not reading the card but is reading the directory that Reading flash memory cards in Vista the previous files occupied on that card Yet when I click on one of the quot old quot photo thumbnails it will bring up the quot new quot photo Removing and reinserting the card does not help Rebooting does not help If I right click on one of the old photo Reading flash memory cards in Vista thumbnails and bring up the real photo and alter it for example rotate it and then save it it will show up normally I can select all of the photos even though the ones I select are quot old quot and move them into a seperate folder When I view the photos in that folder they are correct This is happening with both SD cards and Smart Media cards old and outdated but I love that camera What the heck am I missing I m not sure that this makes sense so what I mean is I took photos in Oct moved them to a directory on my hard drive reformated the card I then took new photos on that card in Nov and when I place that card with those Nov photos into my computers card reader Windows Explorer brings up the thumbnails of the Oct photos If I click on one of the Oct thumbnails I am presented with one of the Nov photos nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Hello Forum, im CrazyKilla

Yesterday my 2nd GeForce GTS 450 arrived, i put it in the pc, set all the wires up, i even put SLI on my 2 graphics cards, and now i got 2 graphics cards, but the problem is, (GTS 450 has 1gb graphics memory) i got 2 GTS 450s but i only have 1gb of graphics memory, how does this work? i should have 2gb graphics memory!

I know that the graphics card is working as the FPS in my games has boosted a lot and in the "Display Adapters" section in "Device Manager" it shows i have 2 GTS 450s,

Help please, i have latest drivers for both cards, do i need to install any special things or have i done something wrong here?

A:Dual Graphics cards but only 1 gpu's Graphic memory

Quote:
i got 2 GTS 450s but i only have 1gb of graphics memory

What are you seeing or program is showing 1GB of memory?

If you want to see specific graphics info this is the best here.> techPowerUp! :: Downloads

You will see this listed towards top of page.
TechPowerUp GPU-Z v0.6.4
Click to download.

Similar to CPU-Z.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/248293-dual-graphics-cards-but-only-1-gpus-graphic-memory.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I just input new memory cards to my sister Pavillion xt - yes I know it s old and easier to get a new computer - for now - it works for her Anyway for some reason it doesn t like to turn on everytime Sometimes it won t restart either Odd little things happen when starting New cards-HiJack Memory attached This Solved: Once you get it goin it runs like a dream - I am attaching the HiJack Log hoping you might have an answer Think maybe it might be in bios I am not a beginner at computer but am not a guru either So any suggestions will help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Solved: New Memory cards-HiJack This attached Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe Solved: New Memory cards-HiJack This attached C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbkbmgr exe C PROGRA AWS WEATHE Weather exe C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbkbmon exe C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YAHOOM EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA INCRED bin IMApp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Owner Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE J P HPY hijackthis sfx exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXE O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run PS C WINDOWS system ps exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run osCheck quot C Program Files Norton AntiVirus osCheck exe quot O - HKLM Run Lexmark X Series quot C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbkbmgr exe quot O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run Weather C PROGRA AWS WEATHE Weather exe O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager quot C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YAHOOM EXE quot -quiet O - HKCU Run IncrediMail C Program Files IncrediMail bin IncMail exe c O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Options group INTERNATIONAL International O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - DPF th Street Omaha Poker by pogo - ht... Read more

A:Solved: New Memory cards-HiJack This attached

I don't see anything in the log that looks suspicious. Besides, if the computer runs like a dream when it does come on, I don't think malware is your problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-memory-cards-hijack-this-attached.564808/
Relevancy 48.16%

i have a new w541 with 16gb of ram.  it appears to have 2 cards of 8gb each installed under the laptop.  i have two additional 8gb cards.  i am trying to understand where the additional memory cards get installed assuming that the machine supports 4 cards of 8gb each or does it only support 2 16gb cards? in my older w510 machine there were 2 slots under the machine and other slots available under the keyboard.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/W541-Memory-Configuration-of-cards-and-location/td-p/3350696
Relevancy 48.16%

I have Windows 8.1 on several PC's, but only on this one PC do I NOT have Windows recognizing a SD camera card or flash drive, and opening up a window to allow me to see the card....
I have to go into My PC and click on the card, drive letter, to open it.

Evidently, I did something wrong on this one PC, but I don't know what it was.

Any help would be great!

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/73790-cant-set-auto-play-sd-flash-memory-cards.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello, I'm experiencing difficulties in finding the drivers for SD card for Windows 7 64 bit for the Z440 workstation. Any info would be useful on how to get the SD card drivers for the Z440 on windows 7 64 bit. Thanks Federico

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Drivers-for-SD-memory-cards-windows-7-Workstation-Z440/td-p/5672010
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello Recently I decided to Help me. Please Video Cards,Memory,Motherboard got all problems. major change my original MB RAM to a MB RAM unfortunatly this ending not very successful so I changed back downto MB RAM unfortunatly after putting back in the original MB RAM I got a series of beeps coming from my PC meaning there was an obvious problem with the Memory Completly forgetting I had handled the RAM incorrectly and resulting in damaging the memory After discussing this with a friend of mine he recommended I brought new RAM which I did I got Video Cards,Memory,Motherboard all got major problems. Please Help me. the correct memory for my PC etc Arriving today I installed the new MB RAM on my PC at home sadly enough this didnt solve the problem I am keeping the new memory but it can either be the Graphics Card or the Motherboard is this true or just a rumour If anybody could assist me with this problem I would really apriciate it as my patients is growing thin Any response would be much apriciated or E-Mail never get hotmail com Regards and Best wishes Dave Wheeler nbsp

A:Video Cards,Memory,Motherboard all got major problems. Please Help me.

I don't know why it would have any effect on your graphics card. If you fried your memory, you might of damaged the memory slot on your motherboard as well. There are a couple of things you can do. If you think its your video card (it shouldn't be) try taking it out and putting another one in, try putting your RAM in another computer and make sure that its still good. How does your computer act when it starts up, does it beep, what does it sound like?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-cards-memory-motherboard-all-got-major-problems-please-help-me.23592/
Relevancy 47.73%

My desktop PC has a problem with it's USB ports which can be summed up as follows General devices Cards files copying USB outs Memory drop from mice printers etc run fine My Camera's when directly connected USB memory stick amp Card USB drop outs copying files from Memory Cards reader work fine when connected to my laptop The same devices when attached to the desktop machine connect OK and appear fine when connected and browsing directories etc As soon as I copy significant fast data transfer from the USB drop outs copying files from Memory Cards same devices the quot port quot hangs There is no apparent disconnection but the transfer fails with a quot could not find this item quot error and if I then browse the device it tells me there are no files or directories contained within it A physical disconnect amp reconnect gets me back to an apparantly OK connected device USB drivers amp BIOS up to date USB ports deleted and recreated in device manager Running Vista Ultimate -bit SP - all updates installed Any thoughts Would a firewire card amp reader have the same problem With a Canon dII generating huge files having to copy everything to my laptop and use the wireless network to move the files to the desktop is a right pain in the backside All help gratefully received

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/263726-usb-drop-outs-copying-files-memory-cards.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS into cards computer download not memory pics Solved: will Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Solved: memory cards will not download pics into computer Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Solved: memory cards will not download pics into computer Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gateway H M Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled started having problems after removing flash drive without quot permission quot Also causing several other problems such as light under quot Photo Frames quot button always on have never used PF very slow initial boot up sporadic drive recognition and not reading the card from any cameras Checked under hardware management and it says all drives are working properly and the drivers are up-to-date - right There are no system restore points available for the time before the problem started Looked on Gateway site to see if they had drivers available but nothing for unknown hardware - the only drive that has an identity is D and that one seems to work OK When I go to Computer C and D show up on screen but the other drives only show sometimes - not often Advise is needed for these problems as I ve run out of ideas Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

hi I recently update my vaio vgn-cr205e from win vista to win 7 ultimate 32 bits everything look great but suddenly when I try to use the webcam i got a message that is not conected and also I try to use my memoy cards sd and pro duo and also dont work I look everywhere trying to find the drivers but no look can somebody help me whit this .....
ps. pardon my english i am latin jajajaja

A:vaio-vgn-cr205e webcam and memory cards are not working

jdtolland, welcome to the Seven Forums.

Sony doesn't have any Windows 7 drivers for either of those but they do have a Vista driver for both,

Sony eSupport - VGN-CR205E - Software Updates & Drivers

both of which should work in Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/156400-vaio-vgn-cr205e-webcam-memory-cards-not-working.html
Relevancy 47.73%

First off let me say I m completely computer illiterate My son has bluetooth, Palm it possible?? cards, is SD memory 3220, Help, and Nokia TX, helped me get on here as he is not sure what Help, Palm TX, bluetooth, Nokia 3220, and SD memory cards, is it possible?? I m talking about I am however trying to improve my technology skills One of my steps in Help, Palm TX, bluetooth, Nokia 3220, and SD memory cards, is it possible?? that journey with the advice of my son was to make the step up to a Palm I believe we ordered a Palm TX from a paper organizer He assured Help, Palm TX, bluetooth, Nokia 3220, and SD memory cards, is it possible?? me it would have all the bells and whistles I could want and then some One thing he successfully explained to me was bluetooth technology which the Palm Tx has My cell phone a Nokia is not bluetooth enabled you learn something new everyday My question Is there a cable I can get that would connect my Palm Tx to my cell phone in essance doing the same thing bluetooth would just with a cable Is that possible If so where could one get one and how much would it cost If it is worth anything I just got a new dell desktop with Windows XP Professional Edition installed Your help would be greatly appreciated in this matter Sincerely Flyboy -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- nbsp

A:Help, Palm TX, bluetooth, Nokia 3220, and SD memory cards, is it possible??

Another thing my son was not sure on,

Afer just getting a new digital camera, and memory card, family trying to tell me something I think....

My son told me I have a LEXAR SD 1GB SD CARD. He said that you would need to use that in the Palm Tx in order to do different things. He was not sure if, what he said was "fried", the memory card would get "fried" in the Palm TX, if it is not formatted properly, or installed the right way, or something along those lines. Do you know of any precautions I should take, I don't want anything to go down the drain.

Again, thanks for your support, this website is great for us old Guys

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-palm-tx-bluetooth-nokia-3220-and-sd-memory-cards-is-it-possible.442718/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi ,
Just wondering, is it my luck? that is the fourth flash memory SD card I try for first use and it gives me memory card error right after inserting it , I used to devices for reading: card reader in my HP officejet printer and Canonpowershot camera.
Cards are:
Patriot signature class 4 4gb
Kingston class 4 8gb
Kingstion micro sd with adapter
last one today Transcend class 10 8gb
I have a old kingston 2 Gb still working fine in the camera and in the HP printer.
I tried all the recovery software I could find to try to format it but the cards are not recognized.
I insert the cards unlocked for first use to format them at first but I can't reach this stage since I have memory card error right away.
I don't know what to do, I find it ridiculous to continue buying cards that won't work.
Any suggestions, ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks

Relevancy 46.87%

I have one of those add-in card multi-card readers that fits into a floppy drive bay and plugs directly to a terminal on the main board. I think it might be a Rosewill brand I got from Newegg.

If I go through the disconnect procedure to remove the card and want to reinsert any card later, I must reboot the computer before the card is recognized. Going into System and telling it to scan for hardware changes does no good, neither does View> Refresh in My Computer.

Any suggestions for a solution would be appreciated.

A:Reboot required before card reader sees memory cards again

Alex Ethridge said:

I have one of those add-in card multi-card readers that fits into a floppy drive bay and plugs directly to a terminal on the main board. I think it might be a Rosewill brand I got from Newegg.

If I go through the disconnect procedure to remove the card and want to reinsert any card later, I must reboot the computer before the card is recognized. Going into System and telling it to scan for hardware changes does no good, neither does View> Refresh in My Computer.

Any suggestions for a solution would be appreciated.Click to expand...

now I'M confused if I have always been doing this wrong.
I have always had multicard readers on my HP printers.

I use SD cards for the most part.

when I insert a card the "card present" light comes on--
when I'm done with the card--I just pull it out and put it back in to what
ever device I have it in.

there doesnt seem to be any errors or problems doing it this way.

I thought the only precaution you had to take was-- turn off the camera if
that's what you had the card in--before removing the card and make sure the
camera is turned off when you put the card back into the camera

but this is more protection for the camera then the card--

are you disabling the whole card reader when you use the disconnect hardware feature
to unplug a card

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reboot-required-before-card-reader-sees-memory-cards-again.719631/
Relevancy 46.44%

I d appreciate some help with this and have seen similar threads but am just not competent to sort this out on my own Windows Explorer is no longer reading my camera card It either fails to respond or just loads the thumbnail icon and then seems to stop although a couple of times I left it for around minutes and most of or respond Solved: with Explorere fails memory very to Windows cards. slow the thumbnails had opened so I m not completely sure if it s stopped or if it s just so slow the computer thinks it s not working It will open them once they are in a folder on the PC and I can transfer them using the Nikon software otherwise I d have a useless camera I m also getting quite a few quot Internet Explorer is not responding messages quot and after downloading version went back to version Solved: Windows Explorere fails to respond or very slow with memory cards. but it s still happening I ve tried all the different usb slots and different cards with the same reults so I don t think it s either the card or the usb slots My other usb devices modem mouse etc seem to be O K I thought this might be a memory problem so added an extra gb of RAM - it s now gb instead of gb I didn t alter any Solved: Windows Explorere fails to respond or very slow with memory cards. other settings Solved: Windows Explorere fails to respond or very slow with memory cards. I think when I did this I lost all my restore points I ve run CC Cleaner Adaware Norton and Malwarebytes after reading these forums hoping to find a virus but all seem O K I m running Windows XP Service Pack - it s on a recovery partition I don t have a disc It s an HP Pavilion a uk PC with a gigahertz Intel Processor About years old kilobyte primamry memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache I m running Norton Antivirus and Ad-Aware Any help aimed at a guy with very little understanding of PC s would be very much appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: Windows Explorere fails to respond or very slow with memory cards.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorere-fails-to-respond-or-very-slow-with-memory-cards.850095/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey Guys (and Gals, if any)...

I have upgraded my Vista Ultimate Aspire 9810 to Win 7 Ultimate(32). Everything is fine, so far, except for the 5-in-1 Memory card reader. It only reads up to 2GB. I cannot remember, when I had Vista Ultimate on it, if it read beyond 2GB.

Any ideas!?!?!!

Are there any updated drivers that support beyond 2GB on this Aspire? I hate to add a reader via USB for that only and wastes a port.

Thanks!

A:Aspire 9810 Card Reader driver to read Memory Cards beyond 2GB

If there's a driver for it, it'll be at Acer Europe - Service & Support, Drivers & Utilities, Downloads, Notebook, Aspire 9810.

Try any relating drivers from XP and Vista as well.

It hope this helps.

Oli

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/103392-aspire-9810-card-reader-driver-read-memory-cards-beyond-2gb.html
Relevancy 46.44%

IDG News Service — Malware-tainted memory cards may have ended up on as many as 3,000 HTC Magic phones, a greater number than first suspected, Vodafone said Friday.

http://www.itworld.com/[primary-term]/101644/malware-infected-memory-cards-3000-vodafone-mobiles

A:NEWS ALERT: Malware infected memory cards of 3,000 Vodafone mobiles

Very interesting, thank you for the information.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/news-alert-malware-infected-memory-cards-of-3-000-vodafone-mobiles.911242/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi guys,

New to the forum so thank you in advance for any light you can shed on my problem.

I have a Toshiba Satellite L655-1EM laptop running windows 7 home premium 64bit. OEM came pre-installed. I've had the laptop about 6 months.

It works great but I seem to get the BSOD quite a lot. I noticed it only seems to happens when I'm using either of my external hard drives or SD cards. Usually when I am transferring a batch of large files between drives.

Any help you can offer in solving this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

A:BSOD when transferring files from memory cards or external hard drives

Hello, Mark080.

First, welcome to Windows Seven Forums !

Second. On this moment, I will try with reinstalling drivers for card reader.
That drivers is free and you can download from Toshiba web site.

Maybe, you installed wrong drivers, not for your lapotop. You need exactly driver for your model of laptop.

Go here and download new : Download Windows 7 drivers:

Then uinstall old drivers and restart computer :
1. Open Start Menu.
2. Right click on Computer.
3. Click on Properties.
4. Open Task Manager (You need administrator privileges to edit drivers)
5. Find your drivers and delete it.
6. Close all windows, save your work, and restart your computer.

Then :
1. Run installation.
2. Restart computer again.

I think that should work.

Trinty.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/225398-bsod-when-transferring-files-memory-cards-external-hard-drives.html
Relevancy 42.57%

When I boot my computer Windows freezes at is no options! "Windows Bad cards? with memory starting..." freezes the quot Windows is starting quot screen but I can still move the mouse This just began today It does this same thing when I boot in the last good config and safe mode So basically Windows won t get "Windows is starting..." freezes with no options! Bad memory cards? past this screen no matter what mode I use Also I can t reinstall XP because I get a technical error blue screen that says I may not have adequate disk space a driver may need to be disabled or I may need to change the video adapter whenever I try to boot from the install CD The message also says quot pci sys quot I ve had this computer for years with no problems The only thing I can think of is that I was downloading a movie when I accidently turned off the computer at its power source earlier today So the computer was turned off abruptly at its power source and has NOT gotten past the quot Windows is starting quot screen since Could this have ruined both of my memory cards I m a beginner at the technical stuff on computers so help is definitely needed and appreciated A step by step is preferred Specs Dell Deminsion Intel Dual Mem cards gig XP Media edition sp nbsp

A:"Windows is starting..." freezes with no options! Bad memory cards?

Could it be that I accidently burnt out the memory. Is that even possible?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-is-starting-freezes-with-no-options-bad-memory-cards.566363/
Relevancy 42.57%

i have bought an xfx gt recently and i am having a problem I play crysis warhead and i get - fps average on the gamer mode my friend says that need 9800gt my help I XFX with this is not enough for my card he owns a gt he also told me that i have to connect a six pin plug type thingy to the card from the power supply but i could not find any place I need help with my XFX 9800gt in the card for a six pin plug i have a watt power supply which is not recommended by the company BY THE WAY unlike the card at the nvidia website and the xfx website it has one DVI output and one HDMI output without adapter Can someone tell me the origins of this card is the low fps due to the power supply or is my card not genuine I am listing my system specs below Help please Intel Core Quad Q GHZ WDC Green gb Sata HDD Kingston DDR ram XFX GT with stock power supply Watts nbsp

A:I need help with my XFX 9800gt

it is definitely because of the power supply. please change your PSU to a >500W with high Ampere on +12V rails. i just bought a 9500GT because it doesnt require the power thing.

the technician told me, PCIE supplies average of 75W of power. im not sure of this though. and the rest of the power are supplied from power supply. so, 230W would not cut it. buy a new one which supply "pure" power of the listed Wattage. anyway are u sure 230W or 230V?

230W is rare these days, especially running core2quad with 9800GT, its impossible.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-help-with-my-xfx-9800gt.132279/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello everybody here at the forums. This is my problem hopefully easily fixed

I have a N7AD-sli motherboard with 740i chipset
windows 7 64 bit ultimate
and x2 9800gt's 512mg, green edition

They dont have SLI connectors at the top, they run sli through the motherboard, it clearly says SLI on the box.

My PC only detects 1 of them, and i had no SLI messege when i put in the second card. The fan spins but it's not in the device manager.

What can i do?

A:need some help with my x2 9800gt's! Please!

Quote: Originally Posted by kurtsandford

Hello everybody here at the forums. This is my problem hopefully easily fixed

I have a N7AD-sli motherboard with 740i chipset
windows 7 64 bit ultimate
and x2 9800gt's 512mg, green edition

They dont have SLI connectors at the top, they run sli through the motherboard, it clearly says SLI on the box.

My PC only detects 1 of them, and i had no SLI messege when i put in the second card. The fan spins but it's not in the device manager.

What can i do?

Is it possible you have to enable it in BIOS? Is the driver installed and working in device manager? it could be listed and not have a yellow triangle on it.
Ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/55469-need-some-help-my-x2-9800gts-please.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Just bought one to upgrade...so far it is performed nicely.

PNY XLR8 9800GT 512mb, 112 stream processors, 600mhz core, 1800mhz shader, 512mb GDDR3.

Before with my 8600GT on 3dmark, i never got any smooth frame rates. Usually around 10-13fps. With this I get 26fps during flashy parts, and almost 60fps on good parts.

Heres the link:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133242

A:What do you think of the 9800GT?

The 9800GT is basically a 55nm version of the 8800GT. So performance differences between the two will depend more on the core and memory frequencies than anything else. The HD 4830 released recently is a slightly more powerful variant, but slightly more expensive too. Not a bad card certainly, and it can handle almost all games out there pretty well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-do-you-think-of-the-9800gt.114501/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hey guys,
Its been a while since my last post. Ive been more than satisfied with the psu and gpu combination you guys suggested me a while ago, so far its been working great. Thats the reason im back here to ask you another question considering a right psu for a graphic card. My brother wants to upgrade his pc and he decided to buy PNYs 9800GT graphic card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133304 but hes also gonna need a new power supply. He was thinking about getting this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817709011 .
Is this one capable with the above mentioned gpu?
What are your suggestions?
*please note that he dosent want to spend more than 30$ on a new psu.

Thanks alot guys,you are the best!

A:PSU for PNY 9800GT

I would strongly recommend going with a better name brand PSU, epescialy for that price point. What I recommend is this PSU http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153023 or this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171028 they both have more amperage on the 12 volt rail and wont explode catastrophically. Though I can't say if that Sunbeam will either, but it does lack on the 12 volt rail.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/psu-for-pny-9800gt.141440/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi, i want to upgrade my system, i am running a 17inch display at 1280X1024,
i have 2 questions, will I see benefits if i run in this rez? and will my ocz stealthxstream 500w be able to take the strain?

thanks

A:PSU with 9800gt SLI

can someone reply please?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/psu-with-9800gt-sli.122450/
Relevancy 42.14%

which one guys 9800 or 250 gts both in my price range if u can see a better card for similar price tell me

9800 gt
http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/...idia/Nvidia9800Series/Novatech/9800GT1GB.html
250 gts
http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/...ia/NvidiaGTS250Series/Novatech/GTS2501GB.html

also can u take a look at this

my mother board (i know it sucks ) and tell me if a pci 16x slot is the yellow slot on the left not the far left white one http://img.product.pchome.net/00/10/78/48/107848.jpg
many thanks guys

A:9800gt or 250gts help

Hi Monk
the gts 250 is a re branded 9800GTX, so if they are the same price you want the 250.
the PCIE slot is the yellow one the white one is a pci slot

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/9800gt-or-250gts-help.133370/
Relevancy 42.14%

mobo: foxconn h-rs880 uatx with 1 PCIe (x16 graphics), and 3 PCIe (x1).
processor: AMD Athlon(TM) II 245 dual-core processor [2.9GHz, 2MB L2, up to 4000MHz bus]
ram: 4GB DDR3-1333MHz SDRAM [2 DIMMs]
power supply: 300 watts

1st question: with the 9800 gt, can this computer run games like crysis at medium-high settings with a decent res and no AA?
2nd question: i know i need a new power supply, but this HP guy i talked to said that my mobo can't handle power supplies exceeding 300 watts. is this guy wrong?

A:GeForce 9800GT

1st question: with the 9800 gt, can this computer run games like crysis at medium-high settings with a decent res and no AA?Click to expand...

Yes...over 45 fps on most levels depending on your definition of decent and

What didn't believe me? No need to make more threads, posting/editing your original post will do.
It's only been about an hour, more intelligent people than I will come along soon enough.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-9800gt.153294/
Relevancy 42.14%

Boy do I have a story for you Well all this trouble started all over a year ago I was playing CoD on my PC when all of the sudden these triangular figures appeared on the screen The were randomly placed and jagged and they flashed all around in colors similar to the textures used in the game After about seconds of this they stopped I restarted my computer and I was fine It was only CoD that would do this the rest of my games were fine This was on an GT card After this happened about times I put that game on my shelf End of story Now fast forward to The middle of this summer I was playing counter-strike online All Help 9800GT Artifacting of the sudden half the screen goes white like someone threw a flashbang Then the strange jagged distortions appear exactly like the ones in CoD I freaked out and restarted my computer Fine I play counter-strike 9800GT Artifacting Help again for over an hour Fine The next day I play TF About minutes 9800GT Artifacting Help in the triangles of death appear again Restart the computer Fine Play TF again Minutes in the triangles are back ARRRAHAHA Restart The triangles were on and off again Games that exibit triangle artifact symptoms CoD TF Counter Strike Source Call of Duty World at War Day of Defeat Source About a month ago I got fed up and ordered an RMA on my GT I send it in and got a GT back last friday Set it up played it Last night playing CoDWaW friggin triangles again Restart fine Today about minutes ago playing Day of Defeat Bang triangles again about minutes into gameplay Now I ve also contacted eVGA my gpu s manufacturer with this problem They said it could be a power supply issue and that I should try my card with another pc to see if that is the case However I have the only PC that can handle a PCIe card in my entire family so that was out of the question Could it be a power supply issue Or something else Motherboard - msi p n sli platinum CPU - Intel core duo GHZ Power Source - xclio watts DXDIAG info ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name SAWYER-ANN Operating System Windows XP Professional Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer MSI System Model MS- BIOS Default System BIOS Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz CPUs Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode If there is any more information that you need please ask nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

Hey I installed windows RTM bit few days back i have Quad core processor Asus P QPL-AM motherboard GB RAM I was and 7! windows 9800GT running windows XP before and my card GT was working fine on XP When i installed 9800GT and windows 7! windows everything was smooth except that Nvidia Control Panel was not appearing in 9800GT and windows 7! my taskbar i went to Nvidia website and downloaded GT latest drivers for windows bit After installing Nvidia Control Panel is still missing in my taskbar and i have only Physx Properties in my new programs after installing drivers i can only hit the max screen resolution to x Under quot screen resolution quot properties it is showing my display as quot Generic non-PNP monitor quot and when i hit quot detect quot and try to change it to quot Nvidia GT quot my screen resolution list of resolutions option turns dead I am really thankful to you guys for providing this platform to raise such issues i ll really appreciate if someone can spare some time to help me out Thanks in advance n waiting anxiously for your help

A:9800GT and windows 7!

Quote: Originally Posted by fineliner

Hey!
I installed windows 7 RTM (64bit) few days back, i have Quad core processor, Asus P5QPL-AM motherboard, 4GB RAM ... I was running windows XP before and my card (9800GT) was working fine on XP. When i installed windows 7, everything was smooth, except that Nvidia Control Panel was not appearing in my taskbar, i went to Nvidia website and downloaded 9800GT latest drivers for windows 7 64bit ...

After installing, Nvidia Control Panel is still missing in my taskbar, and i have only Physx Properties in my new programs after installing drivers ... i can only hit the max screen resolution to 1600x1200 ... Under "screen resolution" properties it is showing my display as "Generic non-PNP monitor" and when i hit "detect" and try to change it to "Nvidia 9800GT" my screen resolution (list of resolutions) option turns dead.

I am really thankful to you guys for providing this platform to raise such issues, i ll really appreciate if someone can spare some time to help me out.

Thanks in advance n waiting anxiously for your help.

Welcome to SevenForums fineliner
Did you uninstall your old driver before installing the new driver? Did you got to add remove programs? Have a look at this tutorial and see if it applies to you. Good luck to you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...ndows-7-a.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/32991-9800gt-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,

Asus 9800GT 512MB
Asus 4850 512MB

I'm getting a new video card and these two seem around the same, can i have some feedback on which one you think would improve performance, and also note the pros and cons of getting one or the other

Thanks Alot,
MaD

A:9800GT vs 4850.

Err.. Radeon HD 4850 competes with Geforce 9800 GTX+ and OC 9800 GTX, not with 9800 GT. Only reason why anyone else than a faithful and ignorant nvidia fanboy wouldn't buy a 4850 is the stock cooler's crappiness (not actually crap, it just takes 2 mins of your time to put it at optimal speed).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/9800gt-vs-4850.772356/
Relevancy 42.14%

When i am playing games, am i best having my Nvida 9800GT 1G's power management setting at adaptive or prefer maximum performance? What shall give the better performance?

A:Nvidia 9800GT

hm... usually the one that is the least power saving gives the best performance

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/72160-nvidia-9800gt.html
Relevancy 42.14%

My Sparkle 9800GT graphics card isn't that old (less than a year) and I only play one game which is now 5 years old and not that graphically demanding for such a card.
Recently, after playing the game (Battlefield2) for approx 45 minutes I get a strange lag like I'm in slow motion.
I have installed the latest driver,
Cleaned the PC out to rid dust etc.
Used RivaTuner to put my fans on 100% which brought the temps down from 68dgs to 54 in game.
The settings have been reduced from high to medium.
Internet connection is not fantastic but never has been.

I have done just about everything but it still kicks in after virtually the same amount of time.

Any ideas?
BTW, the game has been fine for months, its just started out of the blue.

Relevancy 42.14%

hey guys should i get xfx 9800 gt in sli or should i go for 2 xfx gtx+ and get 3 later on or should i get 1 260 gtx black ed and upgrade it to sli later on in life? my money limit for now is around 400 trying to stay under 500

A:Xfx 9800gt sli vs xfx gtx black ed

SLI is not worth it IMO. You can just buy a better card ad get better performance than the two lower cards SLI'd.

Get the 260.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/200723-xfx-9800gt-sli-vs-xfx-gtx-black-ed.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I just bought a new card, a 9800gt green edition 30% cooler , etc, i notice when idle the temps are at 60%, is this normal?
should i change drivers?
using the 191.07 right now

A:PNY 9800GT temps

temps at 60% of what? or do you mean 60c at idle? or the fans are at 60%

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pny-9800gt-temps.138205/
Relevancy 42.14%

I noticed an awful noise in my tower just now and realized that the fan blade was loose on my video card and I took it out and I could pull the fan blade right off so my question is, are the fans replaceable on a 9800GT card or could I put the blade back somehow? Thanks

A:GeForce 9800GT fan

Does the fan look like this?

Try eBay for replacement fans. Just remember to look at the seller reputation and where the item is shipping from.
65mm Fan 4 9800GT

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-9800gt-fan.186176/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi all I am still very wet behind the ears when it comes to this stuff But recently i bought a new pc and with it came geforce gt gc shiny I thought but has given me nothing but problems I play cod SLI Geforce 9800gt eve and supreme comander mainly Problems i am getting are when playing cod i can play for about mins then i get a load of weird graphic errors screen going a nice rainbow color and i am unable to do anything other than do a force reboot I have got the latest drivers from nvidia Disabled sli and a few other tweeks but to no avail now its started doing it on my other games as well system as follows Mb- MSI P N SLI-FI Proc - Intel core duo duo e ghz gb sata rpm x geforce gt creative labs audigy xfi cant find name of the psu unit but its Geforce 9800gt SLI an w one Windows xp pro Any ideas nbsp

A:Geforce 9800gt SLI

isnt the name and make of the psu, on the psu?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-9800gt-sli.121462/
Relevancy 42.14%

Now im more of an Nvidia fan but i need unbiased people to tell me facts whcich is better i want to play crysis near full spec on a 1440 X 900 screen i ahve 3 gb of ram and 2.7 Ghz Processor
Other games i like to play are BfME2 and RTS games now which one is better those are th ones i want nothing more nothing less many thanks \
ALSO I ONLY BUY FRO NEWEGG SO SEND ME A LOINK ON THE BEST ONE FROM NEW EGG OF THE TWO

A:9800gt vs. 4830

Terrible proofreading in that post of yours... anyway, check this one out, just posted this morning here at TechSpot:

http://www.techspot.com/review/134-budget-midrange-gpu-roundup/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/9800gt-vs-4830.118067/
Relevancy 42.14%

Recently my Dad went abroad, and brought me back an nVidia 9800GT, and I installed it but I keep getting the Error "Code 43". I've tried most things that other's have done, i.e rolling back the drivers, updating to the latest drivers, running CCleaner, etc. But the problem is just persisting and I have no idea what is wrong with the card, I mean I've only had the card a couple of hours so there shouldn't be anything wrong with it.

Somebody please help ='(

A:New 9800GT with Code 43.

Have you tried the latest BIOS for your motherboard? I had a code 43 when I had a couple of 7600s in SLI, and the mobo just needed a simple BIOS update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/151386-new-9800gt-code-43-a.html
Relevancy 42.14%

i have a new 9800GT , i would like to test and see what marks i get .
any help would be great thanks. system specs: AMD 4400+ 2.30GHz, an asus motherboard M2N4 fbs is 1000MHz. 500gb hard drive, 2gigbytes of ddr2 800 fbs
and a 700watt power supply with 3 12volt rails.

A:How can I test my new 9800GT

Wouldn't the usual 3DBench work?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-test-my-new-9800gt.119365/
Relevancy 42.14%

I was browsing the net this morning and all of a sudden my dual monitor screens went into "multi-coloured screens of death" mode that looked like crazy random colour static with coloured lightning strikes moving down my screen. Seemed like the graphics completely froze up and I couldnt move my mouse or use keys or anything, all I could do was restart. After the restart/shut down, a few minutes after rebooting the same thing would happen.

It appears that my video card (NVidia Gforce9800GT) is overheating, after starting up my computer the temperature rapidly rose from 60degrees celcius to 76 celcius (at which point the multicolored screen of death came back and computer/graphics froze up). I did nothing in this time other than stare at my desktop background and watch the temperature rise. Help plx.

I'm on Vista 32bit if that helps.

A:I can fry an egg on my GFORCE 9800GT

76 isn't extreme for a 9800GT but its high and it should be lower, especially if you are having issues and since thats at just idle.

It could be driver issue, as the driver is suppose to control the fan, and NVIDIA did have a glitchy driver that was causing cards to overheat. Download and install the latest driver: http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-32bit-258.96-whql-driver.html
Also install NVIDIA System Tools: http://www.nvidia.com/object/nvidia_system_tools_6.06.html
Once installed you can use it to set the fan speed manually. Right Click on your desktop and click on Nvidia Control Panel, then Performance, and then Device Settings to find the Fan Control.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-can-fry-an-egg-on-my-gforce-9800gt.939586/