Windows Support Forum

Does Microsoft ever send out unsigned updates?

Q: Does Microsoft ever send out unsigned updates?

Once in a great while I get supposed updates that are unsigned or exspired.
I have always been leary of that since it could be malware trying to pass itself off as a real microsfoft application.

This has happened on many different systems/OS that I have owned over the years.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Does Microsoft ever send out unsigned updates?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Does Microsoft ever send out unsigned updates?

how are you getting those updates?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/602026/does-microsoft-ever-send-out-unsigned-updates/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello there, In India at 1st place, if you are running windows 10 on a mobile, you are hands off the single soul, because service centres here, say, it isn't yet available yet for normal consumers, That aside, I am about to update my mobile on 10586.smth latest build l, After completing should I await the upcoming anniversary Jargon, to turn the game on even more, Is it any different to current set of improvements, that said I did those on my cellular dat on 4G, so that poses a gr8 question of cost, in mind.

A:Do the regular updates from settings and Microsoft's anniversary updates differ? If Yes, Why?

I would only upgrade to the production build of 10586 and then wait for the upgrade to the Anniversary Edition. It should follow shortly over the next few weeks. Windows 10 Mobile has many improvements, so I would say it is worth it.
While the main upgrades... 8.1 to 10586 use a lot of data (3GB), the monthly updates are much smaller.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434171-do-regular-updates-settings-microsofts-anniversary-updates-differ-if-yes-why.html
Relevancy 50.74%

W=2000XP.IE6,, About 2 months ago, I { && many, many others } had problems with MS automatic updates.Seems a couple of the updates did more damage than anything else. I had to go into Safe Mode to restore my computer to an earlier date. All is running very well, now, with automatic updates turned off. I do get the pop-up at the bottom telling me this alert, but I ignore. ONLY thing is, I am NOT updating anything right now !! I am unsure of what I need & what I don't need, or what may damage my computer. I am fairly computer experienced & don't know the best way to custom install a few updates, here & there, as are best for my system. What is the BEST way for me to keep the system safe , as far as updates go ??

A:Solved: Microsoft updates= disconnected automatic updates & am leary, now !

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-microsoft-updates-disconnected-automatic-updates-am-leary-now.632729/
Relevancy 50.74%

This is an inconvenient delay not anything serious Running Windows updates updates Microsoft Security blocking Essentials other windows if it makes a difference Issue Microsoft Security Essentials auto-updates block Microsoft Updates until MSE is finished Description I have Microsoft Update or Windows Update whichever it s known as in set to automatically check for updates but not download or install Microsoft Security Essentials updates blocking other windows updates without my approval I do this so I can review what s being updated I m a little wary Microsoft Security Essentials updates blocking other windows updates of Microsoft putting an anti-piracy app in as a quot critical quot update in the last year Microsoft Security Essentials updates blocking other windows updates or two Anyways when I boot up the computer it checks for updates and alerts me of them However Microsoft Security Essentials also auto-checks for updates upon boot and if it has an update it will automatically being downloading and installing it in the background Which is all well and good except whenever that s happening it causes MU to quot fail quot updates until it s done updating Thus I have to remember to wait until the MSE update is done then run the MU update Question MSE definition updates are included under quot Optional quot updates in MU is there a way to make MSE stop updating independent of MU so I can queue all the updates together I feel like this would be the easiest way to prevent this annoyance I don t see an option and I d rather put up with this annoyance if the only solution is to put all updates back into Microsoft s hands completely nbsp

A:Microsoft Security Essentials updates blocking other windows updates

My understanding of MSE is it will check several times during the to make it has the latest updates. Most GOOD VA programs will do this as there are several releases daily for AV definitions. This is the only way you and your machine will be aware of these releases.

When some of these attacks happen, a definition is released, but as the infection is refined, the the definition must also be refined and/or improved. I use F-Prot on my machines, but I install MSE on the kids and grand kids machines. I have seen as many as 12 releases in one day from F-Prot, this is what is call" being on top of things".

So I would not want to rely on ME being the one to check several times daily on all of my machines to see if a new release has been made.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-security-essentials-updates-blocking-other-windows-updates.954096/
Relevancy 50.31%

Sorry if my post title is a little longwinded - but these three problems seem to be related. After installing and running MSE I have been unable to update definitions either manually or automatically. At the same time I noticed that microsoft automatic updates are getting to around 28 percent and then stopping - not fully downloading or installing. I cannot get through to any microsoft websites now - but all other sites are fine. wuauserv and bits are missing from services also. Have I been sneakily virused by something which MSE hasnt picked up. I tried to run malicious software removal tool - it downloads alright but wont install - says its not a valid win32 application. I correctly downloaded the 32bit app. Can anyone shed some light on any of this. I dont want to rebuild again - again. Thanks.

A:Automatic updates not functioning - MSE updates kaput - cant get through to microsoft

Hello cyberartist

Yes, this could be due to malware.
We cannot help you with malware removal in this forum.
Please read ?Virus/Trojan/Spyware Removal Help ? and follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information in the Virus Help Forum
If you cannot complete any step, just miss it out and do what you can, but be sure to include this information in your post.
Please ensure that you create a new thread in the Virus Help Forum; not back here in this one.

Please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can.

Also try running this fixit tool from MS

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/automatic-updates-not-functioning-mse-updates-kaput-cant-get-through-to-microsoft-466240.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Yesterday I serviced a Win7 Toshiba laptop that was in tough shape: it's performance was terrible. A big part of the problem was that the computer was umpteen behind in Windows Updates plus the owner had just about every Microsoft Office product and all of them needed Windows Updates, both security and updates. OK that's not the first time I've seen that; however, the owner uses Google Chrome as his browser.
My questions are
Aren't Microsoft's Windows Updates supposed to be kept up to date even when a different browser is being used?
And doesn't Google Chrome or other browsers have a method for that to happen?
Fortunately the good news is the computer is back to running like new again.

A:Do non-microsoft browsers have a method for Microsoft's Windows Updates?

Only Microsoft products (and certain drivers pushed via Windows Updates) are being updated via Windows Updates. Other products and web browsers uses their own update process/program. Google Chrome uses the Google Update Program, while Mozilla Firefox uses the Mozilla Maintenance Service (I think). So no, Windows Update isn't responsible for the update of other web browsers, other than Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge (on Windows 10).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/599806/do-non-microsoft-browsers-have-a-method-for-microsofts-windows-updates/
Relevancy 48.59%

With the setting as shown on the attached screen shot, does the PC send updates to other PCs directly through router without passing through internet, i.e. does this setting save internet data volume?

A:Send updates to PCs on my local network

Yes, if you keep this setting enabled your computers will act as a update cache for your other Windows 10 devices and it will reduce internet usage.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/70173-send-updates-pcs-my-local-network.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I'm using 7048 and when I was doing the performance rating thing, I got this message "could not measure stoarge performance". How do I send feeback to MS about this typo?

A:How to send feeback to Microsoft

There should be a send feedback icon on the desktop.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/4765-how-send-feeback-microsoft.html
Relevancy 47.73%

It's been 5 days that I entered my email address in order to be sent a free " key for WMC" for my Windows 8 installation. I've used multiple email addresses and even though the Microsoft page states you should receive it "within 72 hours", it hasn't happened.
Could somebody enlighten me on this issue.

I've called Microsoft support 3 times now and thoroughly explained the problem and believe it or not no one knows an answer. They say that in order to get the "free WMC", you have to be running Win 8 which is absurd and not true.
Please scale up this consultation and help me out.

A:Microsoft does not send me the key for win8 WMC

I imagine the issue is that lots of people will now be applying for these keys due to the whole making pirated copies legit thing which would probably slow the process down somewhat.

I myself am also waiting for a key for my second Windows 8 Pro PC, my first key arrived within a day or so and for this second one I applied on Saturday.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/microsoft-does-not-send-me-the-key-for-win8-wmc-677704.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I was thinking that they should put the phone in the surface pen and make it capable of communicating with any surface mobile product of your choice. THAT WOULD BE REALLY COOL. Sorry for my lack of decorum or not submitting to other forums. I am not a social sharing kind of person. [not on facebook or any other social media site] But love what you guys do here and want Microsoft to provide awesome stuff for consumers.
Mark Mod edit personal e-mail removed.

A:Do you ever send recommendations to Microsoft?

Honestly, the likelihood of someone random person's ideas or hopes affecting what Microsoft has in mind is practically nil.
Of course they get feedback for software stuff but they don't follow it necessarily.
We all want to see cool new things from MS but if the management doesn't care for it what can you do?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443741-do-you-ever-send-recommendations-microsoft.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey all It's send Failed endless updates loop into reboot PC been quite a while since my last post but Failed updates send PC into endless reboot loop I've been having a problem with Windows Update I have pending updates I've had to Failed updates send PC into endless reboot loop do a system restore twice now and every time I install them several of them fail After installing these updates my computer is sent into an endless reboot loop Failed updates send PC into endless reboot loop where it can't reach past the login screen My only guess is that either the failed updates or a successful yet damaging update is the source of the problem Also I've been living in a new place for about a month which has caused a few problems as far as network connection goes Whenever I boot up the internet connection takes about - seconds to initialize which causes a few program errors not sure if this has anything to do with it Although I installed updates around weeks ago on the same network without any issues Here is a screenshot of my failed updates Any help would be greatly appreciated

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/391369-failed-updates-send-pc-into-endless-reboot-loop.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I already turned off Search Online for the SearchUI.exe

But it is still use internet to send something to Microsoft (204.79.197.200), according to TCPView and Task Manager.

How to disallow SearchUI.exe from using internet bandwitdh?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588214/searchuiexe-still-send-byte-to-microsoft/
Relevancy 46.87%

Have video assignments i really need to get onto a disc or usb, but my phone won't allow me to send by message, email or wont send to onedrive or anything. it is driving me crazy!! how can I get these videos to my tutor!!!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/442676-microsoft-lumia-550-cant-send-video-anywhere.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I can not send email from Outlook. I have called techsupport 3 times and can not replicate the problem when they screen share. It will randomly send email every few days. Any suggestions? If I uninstall Outlook and reinstall, how can I save my address book and saved emails?

Relevancy 46.87%

Hello to all, I am new to this forum. I have a problem that I was wondering if somebody could help me. Yesterday I had a piece of spy ware on my computer. It was a black screen that said "Warning your computer is in danger". So I was reading from this forum and it said to us a program called Freeclean. I used freeclean and it got rid of the black screen. I will also mention that I installed Norton Internet Security before to try to get rid of the black screen. Now when I try to launch IE, it will not open and wants to send an error report to Microsoft. If anybody has the solution to this problem that would be a great help.

A:Hello to all...ie will not launch wants to send a report to Microsoft

Welcome to TSF.

We really don't like Norton Internet Security because of stability problems. Try removing that program first. Restart and see if Internet Explorer will work. If not, we will look into other methods.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/hello-to-all-ie-will-not-launch-wants-to-send-a-report-to-microsoft-32394.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello,

I installed MO 2010 but what is send/receive? Does that mean if I click on it. The emails in my draft will be sent? Or I just receive the latest emails into my account?

I don't want to send anything from my account

What does it mean exactly?

Thank you!

A:Microsoft Outlook - What is send/Receive?

Quote: Originally Posted by TheIceman6

Hello,

I installed MO 2010 but what is send/receive? Does that mean if I click on it. The emails in my draft will be sent? Or I just receive the latest emails into my account?

I don't want to send anything from my account

What does it mean exactly?

Thank you!

1. Outlook 2010 is an email program and it's primary purpose is to send and receive emails. It needs to be setup properly with the correct settings so that it can send and receive emails.
You need to go to accounts in the File menu and account settings. then you can change the configuration of your email. clicking on the send/receive icon will send any emails that you have in your outbox and retrieve any emails waiting for you to download.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/253589-microsoft-outlook-what-send-receive.html
Relevancy 46.87%

This problem just recently started and I have not found any fix or cause for it yet I am running office which includes Access and Outlook I have a report created in Access that I used to run then file gt send to gt mail recipient gt rich text At send access this can't Microsoft message which point I now get the message quot Microsoft Microsoft access can't send this message access can t send this Microsoft access can't send this message message quot Previously it would automatically create a new message and attach the rtf file But the problem is not limited to Access I also have Nikon View which is a program for working with photos from my digital camera Previously I could highlight a photo then right click and choose quot email quot I could then select a few options for the picture and then choose send It used to then launch a new message with the file attached just like Access would Now I get quot One or more unspecified errors occurred No message was sent quot I found this It is very similar but it applies to a security update for access outlook I am sure there is some simple variable or something I can change but I am pretty sure I did not change anything intentionally Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi, all of a sudden i'm getting an error in Microsoft Outlook when I send and receive. The message is:

Task 'mail.btinternet.com - Receiving' reported error (0x80040900) : 'The server name you entered can not be found on the network (it might be down temporarily). Please verify that you are online and that the server name is correct.'

My email service is Yahoo! Premium for BT and I confirgure it through Outlook.

I have recently installed a wireless router for my ADSL connection but have been receiving mail up to now. My internet connection is working fine.

I am running Norton Internet Security. When the send and receive is in progress I receive a Program Control message (low risk) - OUTLOOK.EXE is attempting to connect to a DNS server.

Any help would be appreciated.

A:Microsoft Outlook send/receive error

Just a thought - you might want to contact your email service provider and see if there has been a change in the mail server name that they're using - if so, you'll need to change that in your Outlook account. If not, then I'll let the experts take over...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-outlook-send-receive-error.430741/
Relevancy 46.44%

Have just updated to Office 2003, I now do not have the button to send once I click on send to email.
I am using Lotus Notes as my email, I have checked to make sutre it is default and changed the setings to reflect this. However when I send my workbook to email it shows outlook settings and address book. My question would be how do I default it to Lotus Notes?

A:I am unable to send emails from Microsoft Excel

Found out the problem, it was in the settings for internet options, under programs, email has to be put onto Lotus Notes and Contact list also put onto Lotus Notes not Outlook.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-am-unable-to-send-emails-from-microsoft-excel.904025/
Relevancy 46.44%

Bad camera phone but you get idea.

Relevancy 46.44%

I have a PC.
Equipment in question:
Intel 536EP Fax/Modem

Software
Microsoft Fax Console 5.1

Telephone source
European Dial Tone

I have installed this software and set my modem to not attempt to detect dial tone.
Using my "dial-up" function in my Networks Connections, the modem dials out correctly.

When I am sent a fax, my Fax Console answers it automatically or manually depending on how I have it set. Everything OK here.

When I attempt to send a fax, it fails and indicates a lack of dial tone or busy.

I can find no other setting within the Fax Console that will account for this, such as another "detect dial tone" setting.

Any suggestions on how I might get this corrected?

Thanks as always for your great minds.

Relevancy 46.44%

http www theregister co uk content html Why did me send Why a did microsoft morning? support this @ virus support Why did support @ microsoft send me a virus this morning? microsoft send me a virus this morning By John Leyden Posted at GMT Windows users everywhere are urged to update their anti-virus definitions following the discovery of a new worm which poses as one of a series of odd messages from Microsoft Palyh AKA Mankx got a strong start of the weekend and Why did support @ microsoft send me a virus this morning? is spreading rapidly at least if our own in-boxes are anything to go by The pest is an email and network attack worm that includes a downloaded Trojan horse component according to a preliminary analysis of the virus by security outfit iDefense After a computer is infected with the worm it attempts to create copies of itself in remotely shared startup locations on a network The virus also attempts to update itself by linking to a Web site Hopefully this avenue of mischief will soon be closed The virus normally arrives via email with one of the following subject names Re My Why did support @ microsoft send me a virus this morning? application Re Movie Cool screensaver Screensavers Re My details Your password Re Approved Red - Approved Ref - Your details Within this emails is an infectious attachment of filetype pif pi or uue Again selection of these filetypes is random Double click of the attachment and you get infected natch Palyh scans files with dbx eml htm html txt and wab for fresh prospects for infection This behaviour means the virus is likely to be prolific As usual Mac and Linux users are immune from infection The virus always appears to come from email protected email address is of course spoofed a common enough trick among VXers Standard precautions apply to defending against the bug update AV signature files and if you re an admin consider introducing controls to block executables at the gateway nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

hi hope you can help i can receive but cant send any emails this happened about a week ago o/s windows 10 thanks kirriejim

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/i-cant-send-my-emailsin-microsoft-outlook-2007-4608391/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,

I don't know if I've got the right section... if not sorry.

I have Vista and am using Microsoft Outlook for my emails (send/ receive). I have been using my yahoo account through M O and it has been ok up to a couple of weeks ago. I can received ok, but can't send anymore. I get the message 0x800cc61.

Once in a blue moon it does send.... but that is rarely. When that paricular one did send it had taken ages.

Any suggestions? Thanks you.

Relevancy 46.44%

Need a little help here. I have my homepage setup as about:blank. Every so often though When the blank page is displayed my firewall is telling me it is attempting to access 65.54.195.188 which is a Microsoft owned IP. Does anyone know what the heck I need to disable in my browser to stop this from happening? I'm assuming it is a add on module that is causing this.

Thanks

A:[SOLVED] IE attempting to send information to Microsoft

Maybe it's Windows Updates trying to work.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/solved-ie-attempting-to-send-information-to-microsoft-315385.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi: I rec'd an email 2days ago that was identified as spam. Now I'm unable to send or rec without the error coming up. My server is POP and sending is SMTP and it says Error550 from charter.net.
I cannot even get my mail thru charter and unable to report the spam problem. please advise.
My computer is new, I'm running the Vista, don't know nothing about it.

A:Can't send or rec on Microsoft Mail due to Spam error

Error 550 suggests that the settings in your email servers are incorrect, that you are attempting to connect to your ISP mailbox (charter.net?) while not connecting through their system.

In other words its an error that suggests you are connecting to an internet service provider while attempting to send/receive email from an entirely different one.

It's called "relaying" and is prohibited, it returns error 550.

Check your smtp and pop3 server settings in your email program. Make sure they are the same as charter.net require.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-send-or-rec-on-microsoft-mail-due-to-spam-error.608881/
Relevancy 46.01%

Microsoft outlook express wont allow me to send emails and i set it up correctly i keep getting an error no matter what. I am running microsoft outlook express 6 on a dell dimension E510 with windows xp media center and i checked everything and its all correct but it wont send message but i can recive them though.

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.east.cox.net', Server: 'smtp.east.cox.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10051, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

thats the error i keep getting
Sincerly ,
Daniel Hamman

Relevancy 46.01%

I suspect that I am not able to do what I would like to but will ask the questions just in case I use the Ms calendar on my Lumia which in turn updates the online version at the Ms Live website as well as the Windows Live calendar accessed via my email client All good so far Problems started when I gave the wife access to my calendar but she keeps forgetting to check are Calendar? alerts new Microsoft send events when add to How Live I do my it before making appointments for us which conflict with important things like my golf I thought there was a way of having the calendar create an automatic email whenever I added a new event and have that email sent to the wife to alert her to my latest meeting tee time Checked all places where I would have expected to find an option to make the wife a recipient of alert emails but have failed Seems I can send an update new event alert to myself but to nobody else Can somebody confirm that to be the case If I have selected the wrong category for this posting How do I send alerts when new events are add to my Microsoft Live Calendar? then apologies Thanks in advance

A:How do I send alerts when new events are add to my Microsoft Live Calendar?

What if you add your wife in the entry you make in your agenda ("add someone" required or better optional) in that case she will get an e-mail (to except) and this entry will also be in your wives calendar.
Not sure if this is the right category but I also do not know which category should fit better.:)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-8/359096-how-do-i-send-alerts-when-new-events-add-my-microsoft-live-calendar.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I am trying to configure a Loopback Adapter on a VM. After installing and setting the IP address for the loopback adapter, I went to check out the "Status" of the loopback adapter. Under Activity section, I am seeing huge amount of packets received
and 0 packet got sent. This looks unusual to me. How do I actually enable sending in my Loopback Adapter?
Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3c7beb9c-43b3-4108-ad0c-65b3a21a6b34/microsoft-loopback-adapter-able-to-receive-packets-but-unable-to-send?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 45.58%

After many, many months of satisfactory service from Microsoft 2002 program; I suddently came home this evening to find that when I either tried to reply to some incoming e-mails or send out new e-mails, the "send" button on top of these message pages was missing.

What to do: I tried to "detect and repair" and then uninstalled and rinstalled the entire Microsoft Office XP Professional Program which the Ouitlook program was part of...and, finally tried to reconfigures my ISP. All to no avail...then checked microsoft office website tech support and was told that my two free tries were already used.

Help please....

SnoopeReva

A:Missing Send button on Microsoft 2002 reply and new messages

Try right clicking on the tool bar and select "customize" to see if it is there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-send-button-on-microsoft-2002-reply-and-new-messages.300510/
Relevancy 45.58%

Recently my computer very strange i suspect it is an virus infection or any malware again It will automatically Shutdown the power of CPU for sometime It will pop out error report and close my programmes immediately A window come out ask me whether i choose to send error report to Microsoft or Don Shutdown send me Computer microsoft always to report error and suddenly to ask t send Usually i choose Computer Shutdown suddenly and always ask me to send error report to microsoft send hope Microsoft will help me to solve this problem but i found no reply is given I have scanned Computer Shutdown suddenly and always ask me to send error report to microsoft my computer will Adware Avast AntiVirus Trojan Killer deleted some infection With Adware and no virus or trojan was detected The problem keep on happenning in my computer I don t know what should i do now Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files YourWare Solutions FreeRAM XP Pro FreeRAM XP Pro exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C WINDOWS system STacSV exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - URLSearchHook SrchHook Class - F F C D- C - A-B B - - C PROGRA DAP SBSearch dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll file missing O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar DAEMON Tools Toolbar - AAC-C - - E A- E A E - C Program Files DAEMON Tools Toolbar DTToolbar dll O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run SysTrayApp ProgramFiles IDT WDM sttray exe O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run DownloadAccelerator quot C Program Files DAP DAP EXE quot STARTUP O - HKLM Run BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll exe bthprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgent O - HKLM Run avast ... Read more

A:Computer Shutdown suddenly and always ask me to send error report to microsoft

ACDSee 9 Photo Manager
Acrobat.com
Acrobat.com
Ad-Aware
Adobe Acrobat 5.0
Adobe AIR
Adobe AIR
Adobe Bridge 1.0
Adobe Flash Player ActiveX
Adobe Flash Player Plugin
Adobe Photoshop CS2
Adobe Reader 9
AusLogics Disk Defrag
AusLogics Registry Defrag
AusLogics System Information
avast! Antivirus
DAEMON Tools Toolbar
DispatchOfArmy_eng
Download Accelerator Plus (DAP)
Driver Genius Professional Edition 2006 6.1.2518
Fate of the Dragon
filehippo.com Update Checker
Google Updater
HijackThis 2.0.2
Hotfix for Windows Media Format 11 SDK (KB929399)
Hotfix for Windows Media Player 11 (KB939683)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB926239)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB935448)
IDT Audio
Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator Driver
K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 3.3.0
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
Microsoft Compression Client Pack 1.0 for Windows XP
Microsoft Office Access MUI (English) 2007
Microsoft Office Access Setup Metadata MUI (English) 2007
Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007
Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007
Microsoft Office Excel MUI (English) 2007
Microsoft Office Groove MUI (English) 2007
Microsoft Office Groove Setup Metadata MUI (English) 2007
Microsoft Office InfoPath MUI (English) 2007
Microsoft Office OneNote MUI (English) 2007
Microsoft Office Outlook MUI (English) 2007
Microsoft Office PowerPoint MUI (English) 2007
Microsoft Office Proof (English) 2007
Microsoft Office Proof (French) 2007
Microsoft Office Proof (Spanish) 2007
Microsoft Office Proofing (English) 2007
Microsoft Office Publisher MUI (English) 2007
Microsoft Office Shared MUI (English) 2007
Microsoft Office Shared Setup Metadata MUI (English) 2007
Microsoft Office Word MUI (English) 2007
Microsoft Rise Of Nations
Microsoft User-Mode Driver Framework Feature Pack 1.0
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
Mozilla Firefox (3.0.1)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB936181)
MSXML4 Parser
Nero 8 Micro 8.3.2.1
RealPlayer
REALTEK GbE & FE Ethernet PCI NIC Driver
Realtek High Definition Audio Driver
Rome - Total War(TM)
Sango 2
Security Update for Excel 2007 (KB946974)
Security Update for Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 (KB950114)
Security Update for Microsoft Office system 2007 (KB951808)
Security Update for Microsoft Office Word 2007 (KB950113)
Security Update for Office 2007 (KB947801)
Security Update for Windows Media Player (KB911564)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 11 (KB936782)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 6.4 (KB925398)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 9 (KB936782)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB890046)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB893756)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896358)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896423)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896428)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB899587)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB899591)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB900725)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB901017)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB901190)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB901214)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB902400)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB905414)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB905749)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB908519)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB911562)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB911927)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB913580)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB914388)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB914389)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB918118)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB918439)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920213)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920670)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920683)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920685)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB922819)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923191)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923414)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923980)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB924270)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB924496)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB924667)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB925902)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB926255)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB926436)
Security Update for Windo... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shutdown-suddenly-and-always-ask-me-to-send-error-report-to-microsoft.738489/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi, I have a strange problem which is that my MS Office Outlook 2003 keeps trying to send emails but I don't have any to send At the bottom it says Sending 1 of 1,2 or 3 messages!! But there is nothing to send!! The out box is empty!! The out boxes on Yahoo, Gmail etc are empty....In fact every folder is empty!!!I have several email accounts using Outlook but everything seems to be sent OK and received. Sometimes I get a error code 553...address not verified!! Or that the server took longer to answer than it should have taken. And these errors messages are a pain.I am using a Windows Xp Pro Sp2(Moderator edit: post moved to more appropriate forum. jgweed)

A:Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Trying To Send Emails I'm Not Sending

Problem solved!!! It was several stuck read receipts. The answer is here:http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/deletereadreceipt.htm

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/102486/microsoft-office-outlook-2003-trying-to-send-emails-im-not-sending/
Relevancy 45.58%

Just purchased a new HP slimeline tower. I have Bellsouth.net as my Email server. Vista has Windows mail and Bellsouth is Outlook Express. I setup the email account in Windows Mail and I can receive Emails, but can not send Emails. Contacted AT&T support and they have been unable to correct the problem. Anyone have any ideas?

Relevancy 45.58%

Hello All I use Microsoft Outlook and am unable to send any Emails at all even to myself for the last two days but have able to receive them from others The computer is a Dell Optiplex GX system is Microsoft Windows XP Prof Version SP CPU MB RAM My Web browser is Mozilla Firefox internet provider Time Warner Cable and they would not help me as they said my email is a third party even though my email is a Time Warner email address and they do not support any third party emails I have restored the computer But to in Outlook Emails 2003 Receive send Unable Microsoft Can twice back to when the Email worked properly to no avail I have avast antivirus Unable to send Emails in Microsoft Outlook 2003 But Can Receive running continually and I ran Malwarebytes anti-malware which only came up with some Unable to send Emails in Microsoft Outlook 2003 But Can Receive PUPs and that didn't help When I checked the error message that appeared in the lower right of the screen it said- Task 'pop-server ca rr com-Sending'reportederror x CCC 'Unable to send the message Please verify the e-mail address in your account properties The server responeded Authentication is required before sending R I went to the Unable to send Emails in Microsoft Outlook 2003 But Can Receive email settings under Tools and under Outgoing Server I checked off Outgoing server needs authentication That didn t help even after restarting Now I keep getting the small rectangle that says Enter network password I have no idea what that password is when I enter the email password that does nothing and that small screen won t go away When I close email it reopens and I get new emails with that Enter Network Password screen popping up again and I still can t send any emails Under Tools-Email Account-Change-Test Account-Settings here is what I got Tests Establish network connection Completed Find Outgoing mail Server SMTP Completed Find Incoming Mail Server POP Completed Log onto Mail Server PO Failed Send Test email Failed Errors Outlook could not connect to the SMTP mail server because the server did not accept your user name or password Logon to incoming mail server POP Outlook could not connect to the incoming POP mail server because the server did not accept your user name and password I would appreciate any help you can give me As I am not very good with computers and only know the basics please explain things and all instructions in the simplest of terms I prefer to keep my email account as it is because I would like all my emails in one place Thank you in advance

A:Unable to send Emails in Microsoft Outlook 2003 But Can Receive

You might try posting the issue in the Time Warner customer help forum in the Email category.http://forums.timewarnercable.com/Hopefully someone there will be able to help you get this issue resolved.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/553056/unable-to-send-emails-in-microsoft-outlook-2003-but-can-receive/
Relevancy 45.58%

This happens when i`m in IE7 very annoying. I run Windows XP Home Edition sp2. Any clues?

A:microsoft has encountered a problem needs to close-send error report

It could be caused by any number of reasons. Does this happen the moment you open IE7 or when you open a webpage etc.?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/microsoft-has-encountered-a-problem-needs-to-close-send-error-report-206987.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Having problems booting PC after installing software, can access boot manager, sends me to windows error repair.
Launch startup repair- ( recommended )
Loads files- checks- then receive error- ' startup repair cannot repair this computer automatically ' - then I  have two options -
-  'send information about this problem'   -  'or don't send '   unable to select either?
can anyone help please

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/94c23a76-4432-4147-81ff-5a772ef6771a/-windows-cannot-repair-this-computer-unable-to-send-information-to-microsoft?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 45.15%

Microsoft accidentally let slip back in May that it was developing a hybrid e-mail / chat app dubbed Flow. Today, the Outlook team officially launched the app albeit under a different name.

Read more

A:Send is Microsoft's new hybrid e-mail / chat app for quick, informal conversations

The continued attempts by companies to subvert common words, particularly verbs, is sickening and should be outlawed. I can just see Microsoft's greasy marketing schlubs desperately praying for people to start Send(tm)ing messages to each other in the same pitiful way they wanted "Binging" to become a thing. All companies need to do is make good products that improve on what came before, preferably with distinctive and descriptive names. How about going with Outlook Messenger?? EVERYONE would have understood what that meant and probably used it extensively. Integration with Outlook and/or Thunderbird has been the holy grail that only a handful of IMs have tried to implement, and even then with little success. Why *wouldn't* Microsoft want to capitalize on the interoperability with their branding? Seriously, Microsoft - you want to be the kingpin again? Make these six changes by year's end:

* LIVE TILES ON WINDOWS 10 DESKTOP. Stop trying to make the start screen happen - its not going to happen. Let us stick them on a secondary toolbar on the side of the screen, I.e. a new gen sidebar.
* "Outlook Messenger" as a recommended update and it has a very configurable live tile.
* Restore the search function from Windows XP. It was better in every way.
* Add two-pane functionality to Windows Explorer. There's literally no excuse for not doing this. You can even make it semi-hidden "power user" option if you're that terrified of scaring the typical po' wittle end users.
* ADD REAL SOFTWARE TO YOUR APP STORE. Every version of Linux has had this for nearly a decade. Don't be greedy with your cut, either, Microsoft - give devs every reason to want their catalogs to be a default part of the Windows experience.
* A more flexible ribbon: let us put the ribbon on the side rather than having it take up a huge amount of vertical workspace. Everyone has wide monitors now - THIS is the time for a transition to sidebar-based controls. Even better, provide support for drop-down menus in Explorer again! For most of us they were more efficient, more ergonomic and generally easier to deal with.

Do these things and Windows 10 adoption rates will double by the end of Q1'16.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/send-is-microsofts-new-hybrid-e-mail-chat-app-for-quick-informal-conversations.216768/
Relevancy 45.15%

Windows 7 and Outlook 2007
The send button does not send the e-mail in Outlook 2007.
I have Intelli Type Pro 8 software loaded on my computer which I downloaded from Microsoft support.

I don't know how to go to Microsoft direct to get support for this keyboard which I only purchased 3 days ago.

Help.

Tom

A:send button not working on Microsoft Digital Media Keyboard 3000

Load up your IntelliType software and check to see what the button is programmed to do, exactly. If it doesn't seem to be working and it's set to Send an Email Message, customize that button with a macro. Create a new macro that does "CTRL+ENTER" (Just hit CTRL+ENTER as if you would when you are ready to send the email and it'll do what it needs to notate it). Give that a shot.

If not: Microsoft Support: https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...direct=1&sd=gn

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/131538-send-button-not-working-microsoft-digital-media-keyboard-3000-a.html
Relevancy 43.43%

HI, i have just factory reset my computer so all my updates have gone with the rest of my files that i decided not to keep, i jus wondered what updates are needed if any?

A:Microsoft Updates

I just went to the update site and i am told that i need no updates, this cannot be the case, can i manually download and install them?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-updates.133112/
Relevancy 43.43%

It used to be that the auto download & install of MS security updates would prompt for and in some cases do a re-boot without a prompt once the install was complete. Does anyone know whether that's still the case or do they download and install but wait for the next boot to complete?

I always do manual downloads myself at home but because of a specialized application running to clients off an IBM i520 at work I can't have the install rebooting the clients at all. That of course is a problem because half the staff don't even notice the download icon in the system tray for installing so patches don't get installed. I need to change it to fully automatic if I can.

Thanks

Relevancy 43.43%

I am experiencing a very large number of updates recently, anyone got the scoop? I also had to uninstall and reinstall security essentials on two of my client machines?Alan

A:Microsoft updates

Come on guys, usually Microsoft does it's Tuesday update, but this whole week microsoft is busy. What gives?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/414192/microsoft-updates/
Relevancy 43.43%

hi, as the title says, i dont know where to get critical updates for my computer, does anybody know where to get them? thanx..

A:microsoft updates? where can i get them?

In Internet Explorer go to Tools > Windows Update. That will take you to the Windows Update page.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-updates-where-can-i-get-them.263671/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello all..I would like a little information about the following, if I may..This afternoon I turned on my computer to be welcomed with 2 Updates. One being KB954430 Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 for x64-based Systems & KB973688 Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 for x64-based System.

What are those Updates for exactly? And also are they completely necessary to install?

Thank you.

Carl.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/388632-microsoft-xml-updates.html
Relevancy 43.43%

All my updates are failing. I have adjusted my (BITS) but still nothing. Keep getting : error1083. Can anyone heip?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-updates.800655/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have been prompted to install an automatic update "Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB954430) labelled as "Important". I installed the update and it shows as successful in Update History. This continues to happen and shows installed 5 times, which I probably did.
The update does not show in the Installed Updates (the page where I could choose to uninstall).
Need help in determining problem and correcting.

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 43.43%

Having just gotten a new machine with Windows 7 I was resetting the update setting and unchecked the Microsoft products update box. I thought I could reset it later but now its missing altogether. I still want to get update notices on the office suite. Have I lost that ability and if so how do I get it back?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Do you want to turn on Automatic Updates which you accidentally turned off? Or do you want to install specific updates?

To turn it on, navigate to:
Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Update\Change settings
There should be a drop down box in which the option to automatically update your computer software/drivers is present. There are also a number of other options that you may find useful.

To install specific updates:
To turn it on, navigate to:
Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Update
Click 'Check for updates'. From their, you can select various optional and critical updates to install.

Hope that helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/165561-microsoft-updates.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Automatic updates downloads the latest one but it will not install them Sample below can anyone Microsoft updates help me The folloing updates were not installed Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services Service Pack KB Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Outlook Express for Windows XP KB Update for Windows XP KB Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB February CardSpace Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services and Microsoft XML Core Services Service Pack KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Microsoft updates Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Microsoft NET Framework Service Pack KB x Security Update for Windows XP KB Windows Internet Explorer for Windows XP Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB lily nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-updates.763811/
Relevancy 43.43%

I am running XP Pro Service Pack 3 (build 2600). Microsoft updates fail to load. How can I fix this?

and welcome to the Forum

Fail to load or fail to install? . . What exactly happens and what error messages do you get?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/microsoft-updates-430120.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I think Microsoft has "foolaroundwithittoomuchitis" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had updates on this machine yesterday and again today although I don't see any comments on the home page here. Is this happening to everyone?

I would like to be a "fly on the wall" at the Monday morning and Wednesday morning meetings after an "Update Tuesday" at Microsoft!

This OS (I Use the term loosely) is absolutely CRAZY!

Really does anyone else see a vast increase in problems?

S

A:Microsoft Updates again?

Really does anyone else see a vast increase in problems?Hi sudsy -If these updates were not downloaded there may be an increase in problems - Most are Security patches etc. -You update your A/Virus and A/malware programs most days (I hope) - Same thing here - Just let M/$oft make you better -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/373023/microsoft-updates-again/
Relevancy 43.43%

Is there a way in Windows 7 to NOT check for any updates other than those for the OS itself? It seems like every day, I'm offered something like 20 to 50 updates for Office 2007. I'd like to stop that, if I can. Or do I have to look at the list for ALL MS products when the machine checks for updates?

Hmm....unless there is some emergency update, Windows updates come only once a month on a 2nd Tuesday.

Could you post a screenshot?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/367908/microsoft-updates/
Relevancy 43.43%

Can anyone tell me if its possible to return a Hewlett Packard PC with Vista Home Premium to Factory settings (or any pc come to that) but keep all Microsoft Updates? IE Service packs. A mate of mine had lots of viruses on his and asked me to restore it for him. I know from experience the updates take a long time and seeing the Pc is a few years old now, it would take ages. I wondered if it was possible. I have tried everything that's suggested to clean the pc of the infections but I now feel the easy route would be to start from scratch. I daresay there's no way to do it. Or is there? Thanks for any help.

A:Keep Microsoft Updates

Hi,

It's not possible, when you restore to factory settings the system is "reinstalled" to the state it was on the first time the machine was turned on.

To avoid all that trouble in the future it's recommended to do a full backup image of the system, using a free tool like Macrium Reflect, after all the updates was installed.

The are also free tools like Autopatcher that can download all the updates and create a DVD useful if you need to update several machines.

How about trying to clean the machine with the help of a Malware Expert? They can tell you if the infection is so serious that your only option is to format and reinstall or not.

If you want to try this option start a new topic on the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs section.
Before you post please read Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help starting from Step 6.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/540305/keep-microsoft-updates/
Relevancy 43.43%

When i click "find out more" in windows update
I got this

A:Cant get other microsoft updates

Even when i add microsoft.com to compatibility view

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/395606-cant-get-other-microsoft-updates.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have Windows XP on my computer with Automatic Update running. When I am notified of an update waiting to be installed it fails to install. I get the following message:

"The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-Rom or other removable disk that is not available.

Inset the Microsoft XP Small Business disk and click ok."

When I close that window I get the following message:

"Update were unable to be successfully installed.
Office XP Service Pack 3"

This has been happening for some time now. I disabled Norton and AVG. Thank you for your help.

goodcourage

Are you running AVG and Norton simultaneously?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/32092/microsoft-updates/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have just tried to install all latest windows updates from the the microsoft website and I am getting a message saying that there is a problem on my computer preventing the updates from being installed. I have no idea what the problem is.

I had to manually install some, but its a laborious process so I am thinking of just turning the whole update thing off. Any ideas?

A:microsoft updates

Had you done a repair install or clean install of XP recently?http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/174725/microsoft-updates/
Relevancy 43.43%

Well I have a badly messed up computer my friend gave me to figure out what is going You love these quot it's been great for years but it just started to act up quot When quot Oh not sure quot So here is what I have done Ran programs ADWCleaner - lots found and had it fix them all Installed and ran Malwarebytes found more mostly pups CCLeaner Things I did Went to the quot temp quot and the temp quot folders and cleared them out lots of junk Uninstalled a lot of old Help Microsoft with 7 Some Updates apps like both Flash Players and Java and installed newer ones Firefox was updated to Now that's what was done But it has problems as I get various BSOD's Explorer crashing just unstable So I stopped and decided to look at their Microsoft updates and man do Some Help with Microsoft 7 Updates they have all of them installed even ones that do jack up the system I also found some NET installations that went bad my intent later is to uninstall all the to start over again So I have been uninstalling the ones that are unnecessary and the system is becoming more stable But I noticed that when I went to quot re-check for updates quot Some Help with Microsoft 7 Updates I get an error every time I tried the quot turn off updates quot get out and then go back in and set it to quot Install but let me choose quot and the updates appeared But the history of updates are all gone I checked the Software D Some Help with Microsoft 7 Updates folder and the updates are in there and the Power Shell shows the updates so they are there But they do not show up in the history I was reading the tutorial about resetting the updates but I am not sure that is the way to go with this so just wondering how should I proceed I ran Avast quick scan and found more viruses and deleted them Now the system does not start only prompts me to repair I will try a restore point So as mentioned a messed up system but I am interested in getting back the history once I figure out the repair Thanks Windows Home -bit UPDATE - running memtest and I am getting errors once done I will swap out the memory sticks and try some other ones I have

A:Some Help with Microsoft 7 Updates

Nevermind, friend just wants to reformat entire drive and reload windows. But still get new memory.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/370707-some-help-microsoft-7-updates.html
Relevancy 43.43%

What are the last 5 Update for windows XP?
The reason I need to know is my IE isn't working and I can't receive updates. I can use IE in safe mode but not updates. 
If I knew the numbers of the updates I thought maybe I could download them in my W_7 and
then copy to XP.I thought I had all the updates done and the IE was working then it
quit and haven't figured out why. Be glad to get some ideas on this.

A:might need some last updates from microsoft

My Win XP install and IE work fine, no problems of any sort.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/530759/might-need-some-last-updates-from-microsoft/
Relevancy 43.43%

should i use the automatic updates of have them notify me ?

Relevancy 43.43%

Hi Everyone!
    I just started using Windos 7 & I was going over all my settings today & made sure my Automatic updates(recommended) was set"on" & I noticed the Microsoft Updates option & shut it off,noot realizing it would disappear & cannot be found anywhere......Where did it go & did I need to have it?
    I also have Secunia PSI...................Wouldn't the Automatic Updates take care of all the updates by Microsoft/Windows?
                                                                                       Thank you-Kwik

A:Microsoft Updates,where did it go?

Pull up the program menu, in the list of Windows stuff it is at the bottom Windows Update.

Phil

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/528373/microsoft-updateswhere-did-it-go/
Relevancy 43.43%

Security Update for Microsoft Office PowerPoint Viewer 2003 (KB949041)
Hi, I keep getting the above update,but since I do not have powerpoint 2003 it fails to install.
I have tried Custom install and selected "Do not Show Update Again" option all to no avail,the update still tries to install every time I shutdown computer.
Any solution would be appreciated. I am running XP Home,SP3 with Word 2002 and Microsoft Works 2002
Thanks

That update has been replaced by KB956500. You can download it manually and install it.You can also try to uninstall Power Point Viewer from Control Panel > Add Remove Programs.Make sure the folder "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\PowerPoint Viewer" is not present after uninstalling. If it exists, try to rename it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/272937/microsoft-updates/
Relevancy 43.43%

Is anti virus with all the features enough or do you need the security updates from microsoft?

You definitely need all the security updates from microsoft.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/microsoft-updates-318986.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Whenvever I try to do all the microsoft updates Im not able to..This shows up...

The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.

[Error number: 0x80070424]

Relevancy 43.43%

I just recently came out of big headaches regarding windows updates...I worked with MS for days to get the updates to work and I finally gave up and recovered the whole system. My pc is working great but there are 40 or so updates waiting for me to install and I have lost confidence that Microsoft knows what it is doing with these updates. I'm afraid that if I install them I'll just have all these problems all over again. Any recommendations to determine which updates I really need?

First make a image of your hard drive with this
Free Backup Software: Paragon Backup & Recovery Free Edition - Overview

Then set update not to update automatically.

Then install one or two at a time and make a system restore point after each.
Then as soon as you have a problem use restore to go back.

Then do not install the problem updates.

If you encounter major problems you can use the system image, from Paragon, to go back to good times
You may also want to update Paragon after every 6 or so updates.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/281830-microsoft-updates.html
Relevancy 43.43%

hi,after doing a complete new install of windows xp,i cannot install any microsoft updates they download but will not install.i have tried your suggestions on other threads but nothing seems to work,i am not using the pc i am having problems with to speak to you
hope you can give me some ideas
thanks cazza

Download this and see if it will install for you...........
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=24
If that installs ok,you can try other updates again,but if
you don't get a prompt to first update windows installer,
you may need to update it manually.
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=8483
Only thing I can figure is microsoft is not supporting pre
service pack 3 XP.
Installing service pack 3 and updating windows installer may help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-updates.1017252/
Relevancy 43.43%

The complete MS Office suite was installed on a Win 7 64X PC. The complete suite was not needed and was uninstalled. Only MSPowerpoint was installed using 'Custom Installation.

When checking for Microsoft update, found updates for Office, Excel, Outlook, Word, Access and several office items no longer installed. In the XP days you could ask not be be shown updates you do not need. Is there a way to stop being offered updates for all of the office apps since they are NOT installed in Win 7?

A:Microsoft updates in Win 7

Here you go. It is all in the tutorial step by step.
Windows Update - Hide or Restore Hidden Updates

Once you hide them you won't see them and they won't try to install unless you decide you need one or all at a later time.
Mike

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/155500-microsoft-updates-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I did search google and the other threads here, but none of the suggestions seem to work. It feels like a complete rebuild is in order (since this is one of many problems) but the computer is only two weeks old. I don't beleive it is hardware, since it seems to pass all hardware tests.

Anyway everytime I try and run MS updates I get this error:

The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.

Error number: 0x80072EFF

any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Microsoft Updates won't run

Well...did you try the suggested options?If you have "many problems" on a 2-week-old system...seems that either you or your system is at fault.If it's the system...send it back for repairs.If it's not the system...maybe you need to review what you have done and how you have done it...and make some changes.The error message you posted is pretty common but I don't see where anyone has a real clue to a solution.Worth reading, IMO: http://www.mcse.ms/message1703503.htmlLouis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/218442/microsoft-updates-wont-run/
Relevancy 43.43%

Ok people there are about 14 New updates for Vista but already i have noticed a slow down in my system and one or two glitches. Some updates are for malicious software removal and some for IE7.

Let me know if you have any issues and if so what are they?

Some of the updates may include:

KB947864
KB948881
KB941693
KB945553
KB948590
KB938371
KB950127
KB890830
KB905866
KB946041

Regards

Craig

Hi Craig. . .

I know that you asked us to report issues, but I am glad to be able to report the opposite - NO ISSUES. 10 Windows Updates hit each of the five Vista systems here with no problems so far.

Bye for now. . .

JC

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/microsoft-updates-238472.html
Relevancy 43.43%

On a Microsoft network, you can use a Microsoft server to control and deploy MS updates. How do you control and deploy non-microsoft updates?

A:Non-Microsoft Updates

Yes, you can do it on Windows Server Update Services or SCCM using a separate tool called the Updates Publisher:
Download System Center Updates Publisher 2011 from Official Microsoft Download Center

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/286630-non-microsoft-updates.html
Relevancy 43.43%

i unchecked the box in windows update setting to enable microsoft updates and i cant get it back for the life of me... i've also noticed that no NEW updates ar ecoming thru lately..its been a few days and i havent seen any new updates at all

is there a way to fix this? thanks

EDIT: found the answer by just digging a little deeper right here on vistaforums!! problems fixed!!

source:
http://www.vistax64.com/software-too...air-tools.html

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/196678-microsoft-updates-gone-help-me-lol.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have Microsoft Windows XP o/s have been receiving automatic updates for quite a while with no problem. Now I have an update that I keep on installing but it just keeps cycling and never goes away*%##%* the update is Microsoft XML core services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB936181). Has anyone had this experience? Any suggestions? it is driving me mad LOL.
Thanks
Axeblue aka
Wib McMullen

Hi!!

You might want to try the steps in this KB article to see if this will help.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936181

Thanks!

Shane

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-updates.668249/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have been trying to update from microsoft but it keeps asking me to install disk which i do not have. is there any way around this. thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/microsoft-updates-330240.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I can not download microsoft updates , i am using windows xp sp2 pro media center, using zonealarm firewall. I have disable it and it did not help. i have been on the phone with microsoft personnel for about 5 hours and they could not get it to download . i can download everything else that i want except microsoft updates. when they connect me to microsoft i thank they sent me to banladesh. i have a hard time trying to understand them but i got through some how, is there any thing that i can do to correct this problem , I tried to restore, but it would not after microsoft got through with using it, my computer by remote.
HELP ANYONE

THANKS

Relevancy 43.43%

I'm on windows XP home edition,after I click on "the updates are ready for your computer" after what I suppose it is downloaded I get a message saying:
"the following updates were not installed"

"security update for microsoft XML core service Pack2 (KB954459)
And also I can't download pack3

What SP is currently installed?System manufacturer and model?Alternate site to download SP3 and install from desktop: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=enAdditional info on installing SP3:Windows Xp Service Pack 3 (sp3) Information - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/146857/windows-xp-service-pack-3-sp3-information/ Dell - Installing SP3 - http://support.dell.com/support/topics/glo...&doclang=en Dell - SP3 FAQ - http://support.dell.com/support/topics/glo...&doclang=en HP Instructions for SP3 - http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...cname=c01452495 IE and Windows XP Service Pack 3 - http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2008/05/0...-and-xpsp3.aspx Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/307660/microsoft-updates/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hey guys, I'm kinda on a stand still. I went and got me a copy of Windows 8 today and despite the many people that have warned about upgrading I figured I go ahead and try it anyway.
Install went well and all seems to work OK other than this problem disabling the Driver Signature Enforcement.
Going to settings does not work. I can use option 7 at boot-up but at install time the OS keeps telling me that it blocked the unsigned driver. I do not want to keep the OS in test mode.
Does anyone have any other Ideas other then signing the driver myself?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/10856-unsigned-driver-help.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Im trying to install a game in win 7 but it involves installing what the game calls 'protected files'. These are apparently unsigned drivers that Win 7 will not install. I have installed this game in win xp in the past without any problems but it seems this is yet another windows security improvement in win 7. Does anyone know of a way around this

A:unsigned drivers

Does it provide a button that says "Install anyway"?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/285973-unsigned-drivers.html
Relevancy 43.43%

a while ago (over a month) found that i could not use my mouse or keyboard unless i disabled driver signature enforcement on boot

just today, i ran sigverif and found that these drivers are unsigned: sugi1ci.dll wudfcoinstaller.dll usbehci.sys usbhub.sys wudfpf.sys wudfrd.sys

but i think this is part of a larger problem, since some applications that i installed before it happened don't work, and the system tends to hang

i ran sfc /scannow and it said something like, "found corrupted files but couldn't repair them"

i have attached the relevant bit (the part started today) as a txt file since i can't make sense of it, if anyone could look through it that would be great thanks

the sigverif log is also attached

A:Unsigned drivers

See if this article will help. At least it will shorten the log file you need to analyse.
How to analyze the log file entries that the Microsoft Windows Resource Checker (SFC.exe) program generates in Windows Vista

What mouse and keyboard do you have?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/151574-unsigned-drivers.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I came home yesterday New Unsigned iertutil.dll to something odd My VMWare crashed and also I had my iertutil dll file previously signed by Microsoft replaced by a different iertutil dll that is NOT signed by Microsoft I submitted this dll to virustotal but received no hits on it first submission ever https www virustotal com en file ffe b c f aa cd b e c a fc feb ba d f analysis Similarly Anubis had never seen this before https anubis iseclab org action result amp task id cd New Unsigned iertutil.dll f eca cd b d The file itself resides here C Windows SysWOW iertutil dll As of yesterday this file was Microsoft signed Today the hash changed and it is no longer Microsoft signed however it says Microsoft in the meta information Also this is the ONLY Microsoft dll in my SysWOW directory that is unsigned now previously none Can someone tell me if this is legit If it is why is it now unsigned and how did my computer change it I have Microsoft update set to notify but not auto install Best MikeEdit Topic moved from Windows to the more appropriate forum Animal

A:New Unsigned iertutil.dll

This file is not signed on my Windows 8 machine, and I doubt we both have an infection. While my SHA256 hash doesn't match yours, we aren't running the same OS. I would suggest running an anti-malware tool to be sure.Here's my VT link if you're interested.

edit: now that it's in the right section, I would run MalwareBytes. If it picks up anything, please paste the log but otherwise you should be good.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/564844/new-unsigned-iertutildll/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello ,I have been using a kensington expert mouse on win 7 64bit ,and i have just tried out the kensington beta trackball works for win7 64 bit, it works great ,apart from the driver not being signed by MS,I have found that by pressing f8 and allowing windows to work with unsigned drivers the program is fine ,untill i reboot!!! when if I allow win to load normally it does not see the expert mouse ,if I reboot again and use the f8 trick it works fine .this is a bit boring to have to do every time i start my pc ,so can any clever person tel me a way to work with a unsigned driver that will allow me continued use of the trackballworks ,by the way trackballworks betea 32 bit works fine with my 32 bit vers of win 7
many thanks for any help you can give
peter

There are permanent ways but it requires a little tweaking.
Here's the top result off google so I'm assuming it's one of the better methods.
How to Install & use unsigned drivers in Windows Vista/7 x64 - TechSpot OpenBoards

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/181225-unsigned-drivers.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Would anyone care to explain how to turn off the need for signed drivers? I heard it was possible through the command line but have no idea how to do it.
Thanks,
Paul

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system...kmsigning.mspx

How to Disable Signature Enforcement during Development

During the early stages of development, developers can disable enforcement in Windows so that driver signing is not necessary. The following options are available for developers to disable kernel mode code signing enforcement temporarily so that Windows Vista will load an unsigned driver.
? Attaching a kernel debugger. Attaching an active kernel debugger to the target computer disables the enforcement of kernel mode signatures in Windows Vista and allows the driver to load.
? Using the F8 option. An F8 Advanced Boot Option introduced with Windows Vista??Disable Driver Signature Enforcement??is available to disable the kernel-signing enforcement only for the current boot session. This setting does not persist across boot sessions.
? Setting the boot configuration. A boot configuration setting is available in the Windows Vista Beta2 release that disables the enforcement of kernel mode signatures to be persisted across boot sessions.
Windows Vista includes a command-line tool, BCDedit, which can be used to set the option in Windows Vista Beta2 to disable signature checks. To use BCDedit, the user must be a member of the Administrators group on the system and run the command from an elevated command prompt. An elevated command prompt can be launched by creating a desktop shortcut to cmd.exe, and then using right-click and ?Run as administrator?.
The following shows an example of running BDCedit at the command prompt:

// Disable enforcement ? no signing checks
Bcdedit.exe ?set nointegritychecks ON

// Enable enforcement ? signing checks apply
Bcdedit.exe ?set nointegritychecks OFF

// Disabling integrity check on an alternate OS
// specified by a GUID for the system ID
Bcdedit.exe ?set {4518fd64-05f1-11da-b13e-00306e386aee} nointegritychecks ON

Note: The Bcdedit option to disable integrity checks is only available for loading unsigned drivers on the Windows Vista Beta2 release. For more information, see the BCD Editor FAQ on the MSDN Web site.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/9351-unsigned-drivers.html
Relevancy 43.43%

So I was tinkering around with resetting Windows Update and I think deleting catroot and catroot2 is the culprit of my problem. I now cannot load Vista unless I F8 and skip driver signing.

I ran verifier and a whole list of vista system drivers are now no longer signed. I've looked around the internets and google and haven't found out the best way to fix this, so I'm looking for some help. Thanks.

A:Unsigned Drivers

Use System Restore? Never, ever delete system files and, if you are thinking about, never, ever use registry cleaners, optimizers, speeder-uppers etc.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/249010-unsigned-drivers.html
Relevancy 43%

last month I started having trouble downloading my email from MSN. I called into their tech support and the tech started walking me through the procedure to clear my problem. After I got the email problem taken care of, I found that I could not receive any Microsoft Updates. The icon for the updates appears on my task bar, and when I click on it, the dialog box comes up and tells me that updates are being downloaded. As soon as it finishes, an other dialog box comes up tellilng me that x number of updates were not down loaded. I have checked to see if I turned off the automatic updates (local and from Microsoft) and found that they are turned on as recommended. It seems to me that something is blocking my updates and I can't figure out what it is. I need help.

A:Can't download Microsoft Updates

Check your security levels in the control panel, Make sure you are at the default settings.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-download-microsoft-updates-176622.html
Relevancy 43%

Some users of windows 7 claim that microsoft security updates are not necessary. They claim that their computer runs faster without them. Are there members of this forum that ignore the updates without problems?

A:Are Microsoft Security Updates Really Necessary?

Hi Huck,
In my humble opinion yes.
Most people became infected in 3 ways.
They open a message attachment
Download what they think is a safe program
or visit an infected site.

Either way the code is injected into your comp, partially due to the lack of dilligence of the user,
me included i was multi-tasking at the time. but in my defence it was none of the above

Now there looking for other ways that are not so user reliant, ie OS orientated and the patches that MS are issuing are to stop these.

Why do you think there are so many AV and AM companies are out there.

Roy.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/393029-microsoft-security-updates-really-necessary.html
Relevancy 43%

For some time my computer has been unable to do the Automatic Download Updates from Microsoft and I cannot seem to find out why. I have also tried manually and am told that Security Update for Windows XP (KB873339) will not download for the following Error Code 0 X D000014I assume because this one will not download that is why the following ones do not. On closing down my computer it says it is updating but then it stops.

A:Microsoft Automatic Updates.

Welcome to TSF....

There are a number of things that can break Windows Update in Windows XP, including performing a repair/reinstall. For a fix, try these next steps:

Open Notepad or WordPad and copy/paste the following text:

regsvr32 wuapi.dll
regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
regsvr32 atl.dll
regsvr32 wucltui.dll
regsvr32 wups.dll
regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll
regsvr32 wucltui.dll
regsvr32 wups.dll
regsvr32 wuweb.dll
regsvr32 wups2.dll
regsvr32 msxml.dll
regsvr32 msxml3.dll
regsvr32 msxml2.dll
regsvr32 qmgr.dll
regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll
end

Save the file to your desktop as UpdatesFix.cmd (you'll have to click the "Save As Type…. Dropdown arrow on the right of the selection window and select "All Files" before you click the Save button).

If you'd rather not try the batch file, you can enter each line in the Run box one at a time and click OK after each one.

Double-click the UpdatesFix.cmd file; a command window will open, and you'll see a series of dialogue boxes saying DLLRegisterServer in *.dll succeeded. Click OK to step through the process.
Once all the dll's have been successfully reregistered visit the Windows Update site and try the Windows updates again to see if it works correctly.
Often you will have to download and install Windows Installer 3.1 and the Windows Genuine Advantage tool before you can download any more updates.
Windows Installer 3.1
Redistributable (v2) For Windows 2000 Service Pack 3; Windows 2000 Service Pack 4; Windows Server 2003; Windows XP; Windows XP Service Pack 1; Windows XP Service Pack 2
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

An update for Windows Installer 3.1 is available for Windows Server 2003 SP1 and for the 64-bit editions of Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/898715/en-us

On rare occasions, a reregister will fail; in such cases, run sfc /scannow (have your OS CD handy) and then try again.

Other times, the reregistering will succeed, but Windows Update still fails. This can occur if the temporary folders of Windows Update have been corrupted. You can refer to these steps to rename these folders. Be assured the folders will be created again when you visit the Windows Update site again.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Run the following command in the opened window:

net stop wuauserv

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir%\SoftwareDistribution and press Enter to open the temporary folder of the Windows Update engine. Then, rename the following two subfolders:

DataStore
Download

For example, rename DataStore to DataStore-old, and Download to Download-old.

3. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Run the following command in the opened window:

net start wuauserv

After you rename the above folders, please restart the computer in normal mode and visit the Windows Update site again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/microsoft-automatic-updates-242372.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi everyone,
Over the past 4 days Microsoft updates have updated 100+ times, sometimes the file appears two and three times in the"view update history. I was gonna try and delete them but I'm a newbie and not sure what I'm doing. I've attached pictures of the update file (it took 3 pictures to get them all aince the 10-20 to 10-24.
Can someone help me? Thanks
Pepsi

A:Microsoft Updates has gone crazy

Hello pepsi and welcome to the forums

Could you make a MGADiag log for us please?

Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions

I would also like you to run the System Update Readiness Tool (SURT) for me:

For x86 versions of Windows: Download System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 (KB947821) [September 2012] from Official Microsoft Download Center
For x64 versions of Windows: Download System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB947821) [September 2012] from Official Microsoft Download Center

After installing it, copy and paste the contents of the log into your next post please:

C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.persist.log

Tom

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/260383-microsoft-updates-has-gone-crazy.html
Relevancy 43%

hi all,
i was just wondering,is it possible to download, and save windows
updates, it would be very handy to be able to save them
to disc or hard drive, and thank you for the birthday wishes
today, much appreciated. ger

A:saving microsoft updates

There is a way to download the updates and save to the disc but it is cumbersome. SP3 will be out soon and will include all updates . . you will be able to download that and save it for future use.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/saving-microsoft-updates.686712/
Relevancy 43%

Hello,
the title of this thread says most of my problem, so here the facts;
I just updated microsoft and i have not done updates since SP2 came out,

now today i have just done updates (got bored <('_')> ) and now my internet doesnt work. From what i remember SP3 was installed and my net was fine, then i checked for updates again then it came up with around 10 so i went and installed them (i think they were security things) and now my net does not work at all.

Can somebody please help me with my issue.

A:Need help, dam microsoft updates killed my net.

Does your internet say you are connected? We need more information to evaluate your problem further. Please describe what exactly happened with your internet.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/need-help-dam-microsoft-updates-killed-my-net-267343.html
Relevancy 43%

I am unable to get downloads when searching for available updates on the Microsoft Update site and I get an Error 0x80072EE7 message.
The problem is only with the Microsoft web sit as I can access and downlaod all other web pages.
When I check the Microsoft Knowledge Base for resolutions, it advises to check the hosts file and make sure there are no static IP for the Windows Update web site, which there are not.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problems-with-microsoft-updates-288606.html
Relevancy 43%

Dear Sir,

I would appreciate any info to resolve task scheduler overload, obsolete,verbose, non-applicable for my system.. hammering my system with code numbers,letters which mean jack to me. I can see that it is tasks that are totally useless and I am very frustrated the same with updates. I see my computer will complain they are not applicable for system until 25 hammers later microsoft will force my system to accept it , outrageous and stupid!!! Please help me to find out task codes so I know what is what. I am P.O. and would just like to clean up my daughters laptop so she can actually use it. Side note... When we purchased it we were told perfect for her games ect.. somehow graphic number dropped to a one within four or five months after buying it. Thank you for your time sincerely vistadrone1

A:microsoft's tasks and updates

Hello,

I am willing to try and help you, however, I cannot make much sense of your post. Can you just help me here please? From what I can make out, you are experiencing Windows Updates errors, and non-applicable updates, which are normal occasionally, but not in excess. You are also experiencing errors at startup and during useage. Can you please tell me exactly what is happening, and ideally some of the error messages (I appreciate that there may be too many to tell me, ignore all of the very similar ones for now) and once I know exactly what is going on, I may be able to help.

Thanks very much!

Richard

P.S. We will deal with the WEI graphics score of 1 later, I already have my suspicions.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/281489-microsofts-tasks-updates.html
Relevancy 43%

Yesterday my computer downloaded automatic Security Updates from Microsoft. There were 9 updates downloaded. As my computer was installing the updates, each one gave a message at the end of its installation. The first 2 said done. The remaining 7 each said failed. When all were complete, my computer asked to be rebooted, which I did. I never got a message saying that anything was wrong, but with new security alerts out there, I want to make sure that my computer is protected. What do you think? Thanx Steel

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/security-updates-from-microsoft.491091/
Relevancy 43%

My automatic updates is not working and when I try to download the updates I get this message from Microsoft:

[Error number: 0x80070424] ​ The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
For self-help options:

Frequently Asked Questions
Find Solutions
Windows Update Newsgroup
For assisted support options:

Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for Windows Update issues)
Why is this happening? My computer was set for auto updating but it is not working.

A:Solved: Updates for Microsoft

See this article for your issue:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968002

I hope this helps you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-updates-for-microsoft.1090634/
Relevancy 43%

Built new computer for girlfriend,went over there tonight and computer was hung up trying to install 1 of 6 auto updates from microsoft.stuck on first one.restarted computer and still doing same thing.Anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this issue.Not quite sure on what i need to do to fix this.Has windows XP.

A:Automatic updates microsoft

Turn off System Restore and any anti-virus programs you have running. Then
try your downloads.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/automatic-updates-microsoft.353294/
Relevancy 43%

Hi Guys!

So this is my first post on here, and its a good one!! I've have this prompt to install Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 3 (KB955706) for quite some time now but it never installs, It keeps saying Some updates failed to install, I have no idea if i need to install this but its really annoying if i go into sleep mode it tries installing and the same when i shut down, is there any way of installing this at all??

Thankyou!!

A:Microsoft SQL Server updates

Have you tried install it from Microsoft Download Center http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

If it is also impossible read from Windows Update history error code,try re-register WU How do I reset Windows Update components&#63;

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/245681-microsoft-sql-server-updates.html