Windows Support Forum

Internet connected through DSL modem but not through Wifi Router

Q: Internet connected through DSL modem but not through Wifi Router

Hi I m using windows OS and Internet DSL Wifi but Router modem not through connected through using Reliance DSL broadband When I connect to internet directly through modem Internet is accessed but when I use D-Link DIR- Internet connected through DSL modem but not through Wifi Router router Internet connected through DSL modem but not through Wifi Router It shows you are offline and shows limited connectivity Ip configuration through wired connection is as below C Users Hiren s gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix local Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Link-local IPv Address fe c e b a eb aa IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap reliancebroadband co in Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in IPv Address bed e d bed e d Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address ef fd cc c b Link-local IPv Address fe cc c b Default Gateway When I try to connect with wifi It shows limited connectivity and I can t open login page for ISP Ip config when connected through wifi is below C Users Hiren s gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix local Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Link-local IPv Address fe c e b a eb aa IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap reliancebroadband co in Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in IPv Address bed e d bed e d Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address ef fd cc c b Link-local IPv Address fe cc c b Default Gateway C Users Hiren s gt nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Internet connected through DSL modem but not through Wifi Router

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Internet connected through DSL modem but not through Wifi Router

I also tried friend's TP-Link router, with my Cable, Then it connects perfectly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connected-through-dsl-modem-but-not-through-wifi-router.205006/
Relevancy 85.57%

I use a wireless network in the home for media centre purposes PS pcs and i use a g usb modem on the pc that i require internet on whenever that maybe Problem i have is that when the WLAN is up and i connect to the g modem i cant see anything on the internet Is it something to do with the default gateway or is usb access 3g have Solved: cannot internet connected When i wifi modem i and it something with my browser gonna check right now if i can ping and work out if its possibly DNS related will post back in a sec Ta EDIT It appears to be Solved: When i have wifi and 3g usb modem connected i cannot access internet DNS related as i can ping but if i ping google com or co uk its not getting a response Where should i be looking to resolve this EDIT This is a grab of the ping while both wifi and usb are connected and then the succesful ping is the wifi disabled What on earth is going on here obviously the ip address is completly different on the succesful ping could this be something to do with a proxy nbsp

A:Solved: When i have wifi and 3g usb modem connected i cannot access internet

Your first suspicion (Default Gateway) is almost certainly the reason. When Windows has a choice of Default Gateways it chooses the wired over the wireless. But if they are the same type--both yours are wireless--I don't know if the selection is random or if there is an algorithm.

Anyhow, the solution is your situation is to assign a static IP to the Wi-Fi connection, leaving the Default Gateway and DNS null (blank). The IP you choose has to be in the router's IP range but outside its Dhcp server's address range.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-when-i-have-wifi-and-3g-usb-modem-connected-i-cannot-access-internet.915069/
Relevancy 83.42%

My desktop recently broke so i bought my first laptop I have AT amp T DSL and i bought a new D-Link DSL- B modem router so i could have wireless internet I called for help on installing it and i was able internet connected but no Modem/router D-Link New access to use it with the ethernet cable however when i tried to use wifi it worked for only about minutes before it New D-Link Modem/router connected but no internet access disconnected Now when i try again it says that it is connected full bars but it also says there is no internet access and i cannot use the internet I need help fixing this problem Also before with the old modem i was able to just connect the ethernet cable to the laptop and just start using the internet Now i have to connect by putting in my username and password provided by my ISP almost like if it was dial up I don t know why i have to do this now but not before please help thank you Tech Support New D-Link Modem/router connected but no internet access Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Sony Corporation VAIO N A N A Antivirus Norton Internet Security Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 83.42%

Same Connected connect to to router, internet can't wifi wifi network works on my laptop but not my desktop Running the troubleshooter on my desktop Connected to wifi router, can't connect to internet comes up with no errors My ipconfig all is below Thanks in advance Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Mike gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name TARDIS Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address B -DB-C - B- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - - -C -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address -DB-C - B- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d b b d a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday November PM Lease Expires Saturday November PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -EE- F-B -C - - -E - D-F DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R V Gigabit Network Connectio n Physical Address C - - -E - D-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B - - B - A D- B A F CA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E B A - BAD- CD-B - FAE AD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cbc b ea Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap BA C C- C - E-B - D D D A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E - A F- - C- FBF D AD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Mike gt

A:Connected to wifi router, can't connect to internet

According to this you should have a connection so something may be blocking the connection like an Anti Virus software.

Does it show up as connected but the browsers won't go anywhere? If so I have something for that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/262213-connected-wifi-router-cant-connect-internet.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I have a but router internet no Connected WiFi to acess! ASUS E U i notebook computer with Windows Home Ultimate A few days ago it just stopped getting internet I get the error No DNS server detected I tryed the hardwired Connected to WiFi router but no internet acess! connection and it worked fine Then I set up my Netgear signal extender and connected to my router through it and it worked fine I don't normaly use the extendor as I live in a small one bedroom appartment It's for other locations I have researched this problems and followed over a dozen diffrent instructions to flush DNS and disable some other stuff etc Nothing works I have AVG free antivirus but it has never interfered with my internet on any of my computers The computer is a few months old It came with Mcaffee but I uninstalled it So that couldn't be it Please help Let me know if you need any other data Here is the result of ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name ASUS-i - M Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - -C -AB- B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - -C -AB- B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Physical Address - -C -AB- B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dce e f b a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday January PM Lease Expires Monday January PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -BB- - - - -A - - -BC DNS Servers Primary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap FFCF - A C- A- E -D DA F CAF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And here is System Info Network Protocol Name MSAFD Tcpip TCP IPv Connectionless Service No Guarantees Delivery Yes Guarantees Sequencing Yes Maximum Address Size bytes Maximum Message Size bytes Message Oriented No Minimum Address Size bytes Pseudo Stream Oriented No Supports Broadcasting No Supports Connect Data No Supports Disconnect Data No Supports Encryption No Supports Expedited Data Yes Supports Graceful Closing Yes Supports Guaranteed Bandwidth No Supports Multicasting No Name MSAFD Tcpip UDP IPv Connectionless Service Yes Guarantees Delivery No Guarantees Sequencing No Maximum Address Size bytes Maximum Message Size KB bytes Message Oriented Yes Minimum Address Size bytes Pseudo Stream Oriented No Supports Broadcasting Yes Supports Connect Data No Supports Disconnect Data No Supports Encryption No Supports Expedited Data No Supports Graceful Closing No Supports Guaranteed Bandwidth No Supports Multicasting Yes Name MSAFD RfComm Bluetooth Connectionless Service No Guarantees Delivery Yes Guarantees Sequencing Yes Maximum Address Size bytes Maximum Message Size bytes Message Oriented No Minimum Address Size bytes Pseudo Stream Oriented No Supports Broadcasting No Supports Connect Data No Supports Disconnect Data No Supports Encryption No Supports Expedited Data No Supports Graceful Closing Yes Supports Guaranteed Bandwidth No Supports Multicasting No Name MSAFD Tcpip TCP IP Connectionless Service No Guarantees Delivery Yes Guarantees Sequencing Yes Maximum Address Size bytes Maximum Message Size bytes Message Oriented No Minimum Address Size bytes Pseudo Stream Oriented No Supports Broadcasting No Supports Connect Data No Supports Disconnect Data No Supports Encryption No Supports Expedited Data Yes Supports Graceful C... Read more

A:Connected to WiFi router but no internet acess!

If you had McAfee you will want to run it's special uninstaller tool.

McAfee Removal Tool - McAfee Uninstaller

A few problems I noticed at that you have 2 Msoft Virtual WiFi mini port adaptors enabled, you should disable both of them as they aren't used unless you set up a hosted wireless network.

Another possible problem is that you seem to have a default gateway showing up where the DNS servers should be.

Is there secondary router in this network or did you type the default gateway into the DNS settings for some reason?

It may help to type the DNS servers into the routers settings then remove the entries from the IPv4 properties.

It also appears that you typed a DNS server into your WINS at the IPv4 properties, WINS isn't used much anymore so removing that entry might be wise.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/272616-connected-wifi-router-but-no-internet-acess.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi everybody!

I would be happy if anybody could help me solve my network connection problems. I am trying to connect my laptop to internet via wireless router and modem. It successfully connected to router there is no internet access. I have tried wire connection directly to the modem, and it worked. I also know the wireless router is working fine due to we have phones that wirelessly connected to the router, and they are also getting internet access.

Please help!

A:Laptop wifi connected to router but no internet access

I would firstly, double check security and you typed your passkey in right.. sounds dumb but has fixed many peoples errors. Also make sure you didn't block your MAC Adrees.

If still no go, turn off the router security then try to connect.

If no go try updating the drivers.

If still no go then we got issues.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/296717-laptop-wifi-connected-router-but-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I have never run into this before.

I have a dsl modem/gateway (actiontec) which i use to connect to the internet

when I connected a Linksys WRT54G v.4 router to my laptop thru RJ45, WITH wifi disabled on the router, I lose connectivity to the internet on the wifi connection.

I'm used to XP with independent connectoids. Looking at the properties on each connection, they appear to be correct.

Has anyone run into this on Vista?

I thought surely by disco'g the wifi on the Linksys Router it should just be a standard wired connection.

both routers are setup for DHCP. Is that what's confusing Vista?

weird. appreciate any help. I am so out of troubleshooting ideas.

A:Can't Connect wifi w/internet when connected to RJ45 to another Router (x64)

Originally Posted by notech

I have never run into this before.

I have a dsl modem/gateway (actiontec) which i use to connect to the internet

I connected a Linksys WRT54G v.4 router to my laptop thru RJ45, WITH wifi disabled on the router, I lose connectivity to the internet on the wifi connection.

I'm used to XP with independent connectoids. Looking at the properties on each connection, they appear to be correct.

Has anyone run into this on Vista?

I thought surely by disco'g the wifi on the Linksys Router it should just be a standard wired connection.

both routers are setup for DHCP. Is that what's confusing Vista?

weird. appreciate any help. I am so out of troubleshooting ideas.

can you just run through your post again, you seem to be saying that you have disabled your wireless on your router and you lose connection on the wireless connection on your computer.
you will, because you disabled it.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/208242-cant-connect-wifi-w-internet-when-connected-rj45-another-router-x64.html
Relevancy 81.7%

My neighbor is using my Belkin Router the basic one and has comcast. We both use his internet and have had no problems until the past 3 days. He just got the home phone service from comcast and the phone line is setup through the modem. Ever since comcast came to his apartment and set this up the home phone service to his modem the router is connected but there is no internet access. What is going on and how can I fix this. He has an HP with windows Vista and I have a Toshiba Satellite L675 that has Windows 7 Home premium edition on it. Can someone tell me step by step on how to fix this on both laptops please He is frustrated with it and so am I. I am hoping to get an answer as quick as I can!! Thank you so much

A:Belkin Basic Router is connected to a Comcast modem but no internet access

We both use his internet Click to expand...

that will be against the T&Cs of the ISP _ they will have a clause about sharing between premises - so we can help here - closing post

also you would have read the rules on joining
http://www.techguy.org/rules.html
WiFi "Piggybacking" / "Wardriving" - We do not support the act of using someone else's Internet without permission. Also, please note that almost every ISP prohibits sharing your Internet connection with another home, and we will not assist you in breaking their rules.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-basic-router-is-connected-to-a-comcast-modem-but-no-internet-access.1028641/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi,

I recently bought dlink D2750U WIFI ADSL modem/router, for my ADSL internet connection.

But I have now changed my ISP, who provide internet via cable(not telephone line). The ISP guy provides a cable modem(old modem) along with it.

I have connected my PC this way:
Cable modem -> Router -> PC through RJ45. I am able to access internet from my PC, but I am not able to get wifi working on the router. And I am logging onto internet through a dial up connection.
Questions:
1) Please help in configuring the router to get wifi working.
2) Also, my default gateway seems to be either 0.0.0.0 or blank. So, I am not able to login to the modem unless I remove the modem connection. Please let me know if I am doing anything wrong here.

Here are a few more details:
Output of ipconfig: http://pastebin.com/Zr9Eb7L7

A:Using dlink D2750U Wifi Modem/Router As a Wifi Router

Hey Narain. The D-Link unit you have appears to be a combo unit (modem and wireless router) since it connects straight to the RJ-11 phone line. This unit won't work with an ISP that provides service by way of coax cable. The D-Link will work if you want to use DSL, but you need a cable service compatible modem or combo modem/router if you use cable service.

ftp://support.dlink.co.in/broadband/DSL-2750U/manual/DSL-2750U_C1_Manual_IN_1.00.pdf

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-dlink-d2750u-wifi-modem-router-as-a-wifi-router.199643/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi all Hoping someone can help me I m not the world s greatest computer girl but I know enough to be good at following directions I have Comcast internet including a modem and router both installed by the company around months ago details below A few times recently I will suddenly lose connectivity My laptop wireless connection shows that I am connected but quot No Internet Connection Connection" "No Connected, (modem but router) Internet wireless + quot Laptop browsers as well as my consoles so I know it s not just the PC all show DNS errors RCA modem Model DCM MAC E Netgear wireless router MAC A B DCE Of course it seems to happen on Friday afternoons when I get home from work requiring a service visit on Sunday at the earliest and resulting in potential service charges and WORST a whole weekend with no internet I ve spoken to multiple Comcast reps and all they do is push a new signal to the box When that doesn t work it seems they just want to get me off the phone asap and schedule a service call Last time the guy came to my house and ended up solving it by unplugging everything He said to try this and quot pray quot Well I ve tried to no avail I m piggybacking on someone else s connection now and hoping they don Connected, but "No Internet Connection" (modem + wireless router) t kick me off before my conference calls and gaming lt lt this weekend I ll be Connected, but "No Internet Connection" (modem + wireless router) eternally grateful if someone can help me Let me know any info I can provide Thanks nbsp

A:Connected, but "No Internet Connection" (modem + wireless router)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-but-no-internet-connection-modem-wireless-router.1052022/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi Could you please tell me if this is possible:
My computer is connected to a wireless network. Can I hook up my D-link (DIR-412) to my computer and use the internet from the computer to output another wireless area?

Thanks sounds complicated.

A:Connected to WIFI and want to extend wifi with another wireless router

Where you live is your setup like this?

Internet
Modem
WiFi Router

or

Internet
Modem with built-in WiFi Router

If you want extend the WiFi you would get WiFi Access Point. Or you can take a WiFi Router and disable NAT, SPI, DCHP, then you create a static IP address. 192.168.x.50

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connected-to-wifi-and-want-to-extend-wifi-with-another-wireless-router.199845/
Relevancy 74.39%

Just moved in and brought my ADSL wifi modem Belkin F1PI241EGau with me, but over here there is cable and the provider supplied me with their modem motorola Surfboard SB5101E. I would like to connect these two to use the wifi. Would that be possible?

Thank you

A:Can i connect my adsl2/2+ wifi modem/router to cable modem?

Not really. The ADSL router doesn't have the correct WAN interface. You need a standard router with an Ethernet WAN connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-connect-my-adsl2-2-wifi-modem-router-to-cable-modem.820259/
Relevancy 73.96%

I want devices connected to the router to be able to connect to the modem.

My ISP modem says:
Local IP address 192.168.1.1
Subnet mask 255.255.255.0
DHCP Server: Enabled
Connection mode: DHCP
Starting IP address: 192.168.1.10
Ending IP address: 192.168.1.128
Connected devices: Eth-Switch LAN (2) 192.168.1.12 Netgear WNDR4000 Router

My Router says:
Router Information
IP address 10.0.0.1
DHCP: On

Internet Port
IP address: 192.168.1.12
connection DHCP
IP subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway IP address: 192.168.1.1
RIP Direction: Both
RIP Version: Diabled
Attached devices: 10.0.0.4 HP computer
Use Router as a DHCP Server:yes
Starting IP address: 10.0.0.2
Ending IP address: 10.0.0.254

So how would I modify the settings so the HP computer (10.0.0.4) could see the modem (192.168.1.1)?

Answer for dummies please!

A:What are the correct settings for a Router connected to an ISP Router/Modem box.

Let's be clear: you have

Code:

isp==modem at (192.168.1.1)
|
+--- (192.168.1.12) router (10.0.0.1) - - - hp pc (10.0.0.4)

what happens if the HP does ping 192.168.1.1 ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-are-the-correct-settings-for-a-router-connected-to-an-isp-router-modem-box.217738/
Relevancy 72.67%

the Cable connected to the modem, modem conencts to the Wireless router, and that connects to my computer. Since i hardly ever use the wireless router, i decided i want to just connect to the modem. I switched all the ethernet cords and by looking at what i had done, everything should have been working fine.

But that is wrong... I couldnt connect to the internet. I while back i set up a static IP address, but i changed that. the settings look like this now:
(to post this i had to go back to the router and the modem)

when i was trying to use just the modem, windows window bubble came up and said i have little or no activity, and i tried repairing it. windows tried to renew my IP address but that failed so there was nothing else i could think of doing.

what can i do so i can just connect throught the modem?!

A:Im connected through a wireless router and a modem... Want to get rid of the router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/im-connected-through-a-wireless-router-and-a-modem-want-to-get-rid-of-the-router.437277/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello,
I have a BSNL wireless modem having inbuilt router.The modem has some DSL problem and cannot use the ethernet port to connect to my desktop.So I bought a new Baton DSL modem without wifi facility.

I now need the WIFI connectivity to connect with my phone for browsing net.

For that I connected the Ethernet port of new DSL modem with the old BSNL wifi modem and applied the following configuration.

I changed the IP address of router from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.2

But I get only WIFI connection to connect to phone and not correctly getting the connection on desktop through the ethernet.Sometimes i get the connection and sometimes the connection lost.

I attached some images here.

pls help me to fix the problem.

Thanks & Regards

RAKESH BOSE

A:How to configure wifi modem having router with DSL modem ?

Hi there,

On the second router, DHCP needs to be disabled and assign a fixed IP within the router's IP scope (with Wi-Fi capability) i.e. 192.168.1.3 (make sure that 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.3 will be in the IP exclusion list).

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/339397-how-configure-wifi-modem-having-router-dsl-modem.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Desktop XP.
Modem connected to router in the right places. Wireless works, internet works on desktop.

I go to 192.168.0.1
Its the settings for the modem not my DI-624 router? where did this page go??

Relevancy 70.09%

I have a Motorola modem router supplied by Qwest I have been frustrated because my internet speed is limited partially because of Qwest service connected to Router modem/router partly because I was told Router connected to modem/router by the installer that my apartment building wiring keeps the speed from reaching what I pay for from Qwest the second to fastest package can t remember Can t get Comcast on this block Does anyone know if it would increase the reach speed of Router connected to modem/router the wireless network if I connected my Linksys wireless G router to this Motorola modem router I don t know if it s even possible but I want to do this because when trying to use internet in one of the bedrooms the internet signal is fairly weak I was wondering if my linksys router would be stronger than the Router connected to modem/router qwest modem router in one If it is not possible to use the linksys router as the main wireless network and disable the qwest modem router so it was strictly a modem would it work better to see about just requesting a modem from qwest what I ve usually done with comcast and then using my router Or would a range extender be a better solution Thanks for anyone s help p s I m also thinking my linksys router might not help the range speed problem enough in which case I d buy something like belkin N nbsp

A:Router connected to modem/router

tmpk said:

I have a Motorola 3347 modem/router supplied by Qwest. I have been frustrated because my internet speed is limited, partially because of Qwest service, partly because, I was told by the installer, that my apartment building wiring keeps the speed from reaching what I pay for from Qwest (the second to fastest package, can't remember). Can't get Comcast on this block.Click to expand...

If the statement is fact (highly likely too), then nothing from your modem to any of your equipment will make any difference

p.s. I'm also thinking my linksys router might not help the range/speed problem enough, in which case I'd buy something like belkin N+Click to expand...

BAD idea. None of the 11n stuff is official and there's lots of compatibility issues with it (belkin or any other).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-connected-to-modem-router.119378/
Relevancy 69.66%

I have done this before where I had gotten cable on the month special for months I switched over from dsl to cable so I found a post about how to turn your westel into a wireless router for your cable network It worked like a charm back when I did it before Well my year is up for dsl so I went back to cable on the special as my to cable westel327w modem. router Use a connected my again but this time I can not get the westel to work with Use my westel327w as a router connected to my cable modem. the cable modem again The directions for doing it are here Re Use Versalink W with cable modem It Use my westel327w as a router connected to my cable modem. was suggested to me by the cable forum that I ask here There are two things I am not certain about as I ve lost the detailed directions I had made long ago in case I wanted to do this again For one is ethernet port the uplink port or is ethernet port the uplink port I looked at a user guide and it says E but there is a networking picture over E So I m not sure I have been trying with no avail but it may be because of another issue I am asking to be sure as I ve tried everything anyways The second question I had was should I be using a straight-thru cable or a crossover cable to connect the westel to the surfboard cable modem I am guessing straight-thru if indeed one of the ports are designated as uplink right The funny thing about the uplink port is normally it is a regular ethernet port to hook up to my computer yet for the purposes of connecting a router or whathave you it says that that same port becomes an uplink port So I m not sure if it means it is specially configured to do both without changing the wiring around Not sure that s why the confusion over which of the two cable types to use to connect the two devices with Well I believe I ve tried quite a bit of different ways with the cables and the ports with no luck One thing I notice is that the instructions say to enable dhcp after the first reset happens to the westel but when I check it it s already enabled I dunno why that would be there in the instructions if it didn t need to be done Well I am just grabbing at anything now I guess I hope someone has run into a similar situation and has a solution Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Use my westel327w as a router connected to my cable modem.

Wups, I didn't put in the link:
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,13789255?hilite=versalink+327w+cable+modem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/use-my-westel327w-as-a-router-connected-to-my-cable-modem.553503/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hey all So I am having this weird problem I have Time Warner as my ISP and previously had a Belkin router for wireless All was well until Time Warner had a snafu in the system and was down for about hours Ever since then I cannot connect to the internet through the router I have to unhook the router completely and plug directly into the not connected wireless get router but Can cable via modem cable modem or no internet for me I took back the Belkin and bought a Can get connected via cable modem but not wireless router Dynex and get the same problem It looks like it might be made by the same company as well due to the same design in the serup options I called tech support and the guy had me do all these tests such as power cycling manually assigning an IP address reseting the router using a different ethernet cable erc None worked so he finally said I cannot help you your router is bad Why did it work before How can two different routers be bad When the router is plugged in all the lights are on except the internet light is blinking This is the same thing that happened with the previous router as well Any help would be appreciated before I take this back and try a Netgear or Linksys model nbsp

A:Can get connected via cable modem but not wireless router

First off, let's see this when you're plugged directly into the modem.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

Next, try this procedure for getting a wired connection to the router, we'll work on wireless after this works.

Reset the router to factory defaults by holding the reset button down for 15 seconds with power on.
Turn off everything, the modem, router, computer.
Connect the modem to the router's WAN/Internet port.
Connect the computer to one of the router's LAN/Network ports.
Turn on the modem, wait for a steady connect light.
Turn on the router, wait for two minutes.
Boot the computer.

When the computer is completely booted, you should have Internet access. If not, I want to see this again.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

IPCONFIG /ALL

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-get-connected-via-cable-modem-but-not-wireless-router.672770/
Relevancy 69.66%

Okay I live in the dorms in college well actually they are not the dorms but overflow apartments because the dorms were full not sure if it matters but thought i should add I brought my wireless netgear router with me to wireless room access losing on to Connected dorm internet but router connected school to plug my Ps into and to Connected but losing internet access on wireless router connected to dorm room download certain things the school blocks on the regular wireless internet So I plug my Connected but losing internet access on wireless router connected to dorm room router into the jack in the room and then run wireless to my laptop and wired to my Ps I set up the router and it determined the internet connection is DHCP I set the router to obtain I P and DNS addresses dynamically and it won t work then i set it to use static addresses the address that it picked up dynamically It then works for awhile sometimes a few hours and sometimes less than an hour To get it to work again all I have to do is set it back to dynamic wait a couple minutes and move it back to static When I lose connection my playstation says its a DNS error my roommate plugs his laptop directly into the jack on the wall because he doesn t have a wireless card and he hasn t said anything about losing his connection But once i plugged him into the router he loses his connection just like me I am sure i am forgetting something important if anymore info is needed I will add Please help it is really getting annoying changing the setting on the router nbsp

A:Connected but losing internet access on wireless router connected to dorm room

If you don't use the router at all, does your Internet connection stay active?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connected-but-losing-internet-access-on-wireless-router-connected-to-dorm-room.136082/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi,

I know this is a known problem that many have had. I have tried to find solutions through other posts ive read online but I can still not resolve this issue.

I can connect to the internet via the WLAN cable and it works fine. However, I would prefer to have freedom and use WIFI instead. But I can only connect locally. I know a bit about trying to fix it but I am no computer wizz kid so any help would be greatly appreciated.

The strange thing is I can connect to new networks sometimes ok on WIFI but others I get this problem I have mentioned.

The network I am tryng to connect to is one at home which is new.

Cheers

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/299936-wifi-router-only-connected-locally.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I have a new N600 Netgear DSL modem/router. I was able to install the internet connection but no the Wireless. It keeps asking me for a PIN number . They say it is on the device itself.

A:Solved: Cannot get new Netgear DSL Modem/Router connected to Wireless

yes, the pin number should be written on the label on the router

otherwise connect to the router by a cable and then you would need to loginto the router configuration pages and goto the wireless section where you can read the pin code

do you have the exact model N600 is generic for a few netgear models- again it will be written on the label on the router itself

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-get-new-netgear-dsl-modem-router-connected-to-wireless.1103532/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi all...............

I used to think I was good with PCs.......but I'm struggling with this one!!

My ISP is NTL (Virgin). I was connected via the USB and all was well. I recently purchased the router above. This router uses the ethernet cables, which I believe I've put in correctly, but if I leave in the USB it uses that route & if I remove it.........I get nothing!! I'm having no joy. I want to keep a wired connection for the PC and have the wireless for the games machines etc.

Can anyone help??

Sorry..a little more information. when I tried to re-install the modem using the ethernet cable option, an error came up saying..'put the USB cable in and try again!'

Relevancy 68.8%

HI! i'm just curious to know if there was a way of connecting my USB modem in such a way that i can use it to have wireless access in my house (more specific room).

Currently i have a Cisco Wireless-N Home ADSL2+ Modem Router. it has a DSL port and 4 ethernet ports. i can alreadly pick up the wi-fi signal when i just switch the router on but obviously theres no internet connection yet.

am i over complicating issues or is this not possible? please help urgently

A:Usb modem with wifi router possible?

If you are currently using DSL for your Internet connection, is there a problem with replacing the USB modem with the Cisco Modem router?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-modem-with-wifi-router-possible.1102258/
Relevancy 68.37%

I just purchased the Asus RT-AC87U to be able to take advantage 802.11ac connection speed. I have to connect this to an Actiontec combo cable modem/wireless router. I directly connected a CAT7 wire between the two routers (LAN connection on the Actiontec to WAN on the ASUS). Any devices that are wirelessly connected to the ASUS network can not see the devices on the Actiontec network, both wireless and wired. I would like to be able use all devices connected to either router. Any help is appreciated.

A:ASUS RT-AC87U connected to cable modem/wireless router

this may help - to connect two routers together
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together

http://library.techguy.org/wiki/Connecting_two_SOHO_broadband_routers_together

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-rt-ac87u-connected-to-cable-modem-wireless-router.1135249/
Relevancy 68.37%

I bought a ADSL Modem D-Link 2730U

We are connecting to the Modem via Laptop, PC, Phone,... at the same time.

I want to know how can I monitor network(Receive/Send) for each user who connected to the Modem.

Can I do such thing?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitoring-network-for-each-user-connected-to-adsl-router-modem.206910/
Relevancy 68.37%

Recently a week ago i bought a belkin N router When only modem is connected i get nice n fluent network connection from my ISP Reliance Broadband wireline But as soon as working modem Solved: Belkin N150 to Router not My when connected i connect my router to modem it shows me limited connectivity No internet access I called my ISP customercare they told its problem in router they cant don anything about that and when i called Belkin customercare they are blaming for problem from my ISP On router and Modem all the lights blink as how a working router n modem has to work When i turn on wifi on my mobile i can find my router s name displayed so i connect it by giving name Solved: My Belkin N150 Router not working when connected to modem n key password But not a single webpage opens Below are my Network Configuration Windows Please go though it n suggest me with a good solution techguys ipconfig when only MODEM is connected Windows IP Configuration Host Name Sachin-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List reliancebroadband co in Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Description Realtek RTL C P C P Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - - D-F - -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday February AM Lease Expires Tuesday February PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -BC- -E - - - D-F - -F DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap reliancebroadband co in Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address bee bee Preferred Default Gateway c c DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d ab eea Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe eea Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled x x x x x x x ipconfig when my Belkin Router N model is connected to my MODEM i e input of router is connected to output of modem and output of router is coonected to my CPU i e LAN Card Windows IP Configuration Host Name Sachin-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Realtek RTL C P C P Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - - D-F - -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday February PM Lease Expires Friday April PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -BC- -E - - - D-F - -F DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap Belkin Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes x x x x x x x This is the status shown on Belkin Router website i e http router when router is connected Status Language Current Language English Avaliable Languages English Fran ais Deutsch Espa ol Nederlands Italiano Version Info Firmware Version F K ... Read more

A:Solved: My Belkin N150 Router not working when connected to modem

My problem is solved guys
Just change the DNS Address i.e. the Secondary DNS Address to 8:8:8:8 from the
website 192.168.2.1 or http://router
Restart the router see its CONNECTED........
Router will definitely start working.........my routerr started working though HAPPY

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-my-belkin-n150-router-not-working-when-connected-to-modem.1090995/
Relevancy 67.94%

Dear sir,
Recently I bought edimax 150 mbps wireless N adsl2+modem router , (model name AR-7188WnA ). I have a desktop set and asus ZenFone 2 laser (model-ASUS_ZOOLD).I want to use wifi (from asus mobile)to connect this edmax modem & router without having broadband connection.please tell me the details

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/use-wifi-connect-modem-amp-router-4606894/
Relevancy 67.94%

I currently have two cables One cable is a yellow ethernet cable that is plugged into my motorola cable modem in the Ethernet slot The opposite end is plugged into the Slot slot in WiFi and Modem Router Issue my Linksys wireless router My second cable is a grey ethernet Router and Modem WiFi Issue cable One end is plugged into the back of my computer and the opposite is plugged into Slot slot in my Linksys wireless Router and Modem WiFi Issue router All of the lights are on both my modem and my router as if everything is working okay The internet works as well However when I try to access my Linksys wireless settings by typing in http in my address bar it says the connection has timed out It says this each time Now when I move my yellow ethernet cable that is plugged into Slot into the Internet slot in my Linksys router and I slide my grey ethernet cable to Slot one I restart my router and I am now about to access http However though I can access these settings I cannot browse the internet When I go to google or any other website it says page cannot be displayed Therefore I cannot easily toggle between the Linksys settings and my internet without moving around wires and restarting my router I m doing this because I m trying to configure my router with WiFi so I can use my Nintendo DS Can anybody tell me why I m having such difficulty with being able to view the Linksys settings and keep my internet connection at the same time By the way my Linksys Wireless Router is a WRT G My OS is Windows XP and my cable internet service is Optimum Online Note when I have the wire connecting to my modem into the INTERNET slot in my router it says my computer is connected My Network Connections says I am indeed connected to the internet However when I try to use a browser or a program that needs the internet it will not work I get quot Problem loading page quot and when I try and run Windows Live Messenger it says my connection has been lost nbsp

A:Router and Modem WiFi Issue

Well, the modem has to connect to the WAN/Internet connection or you won't have any success here. What's happening now is the computer is connecting directly to the modem and using the router as a simple switch.

Do NOT try to configure the router using the wireless connection! Connect it with a cable for configuration, then you can disconnect it once you get it all configured.
Reset the router to factory defaults by holding the reset button down for 15 seconds with power on.
Turn off everything, the modem, router, computer.
Connect the modem to the router's WAN/Internet port.
Connect the computer to one of the router's LAN/Network ports.
Turn on the modem, wait for a steady connect light.
Turn on the router, wait for two minutes.
Boot the computer.

When the computer is completely booted, let's see this.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

IPCONFIG /ALL

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-and-modem-wifi-issue.678387/
Relevancy 67.94%

I m a bit of a rookie when it comes to Networking but here goes I ve got a D-Link WiFi a Router DSL Modem Using D-Link as a DSL- Mbps Wireless router with built-in ADSL modem and a D-Link DI- Mbps Wireless Broadband router Obviously the DI- that I recently purchased doesn t feature an in-built modem so instead of blowing on a D-Link ADSL modem with Ethernet connectivity I was hoping to use the ADSL modem feature in my old Wireless router as my modem for the DI- I called D-Link support but unfortunately after an hour of following live instructions from their support staff I ended up Using a D-Link DSL WiFi Router as a Modem nowhere They instructed me to disable DHCP and Using a D-Link DSL WiFi Router as a Modem NAT features Using a D-Link DSL WiFi Router as a Modem on the and plug an ethernet cable into it s LAN PORT and plug the other end into the WAN PORT on the I plugged an ethernet cable into the DI- LAN PORT and into my computer s Ethernet port in order to configure the DI- After configuring the DI- via its web configuration web page I could get the Mbps network up and running but without the access to DSL If anyone any of the above mentioned products and can provide a tip or a link to a guide or something that would be great Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

My PC has an incredibly annoying and head-scratching problem it won t connect to the internet as it connected or through to Network Unplugged directly router whether modem Cable appears constantly says A Network Cable Unplugged appears whether connected through router or directly to modem Network Cable is Unplugged Network Cable Unplugged appears whether connected through router or directly to modem I gather this is a common problem and I searched on the internet for a solution but the ones suggested haven t worked My PC runs on Windows XP and we have a wired home LAN network to share an internet connection I tried changing the speed and duplex I went to run cmd and put ipconfig and it says Media Disconnected I tried every cable we have in the house of varying length even a Cat instead of the usual Cat ones the other computers use and I tried a crossover adapter just to see if it was being contrary I also tried switching ports on the router and the one that was always off was the one for the problem computer I tried updating my driver which is an onboard Realtek one it wouldn t update The technician for Arbico which the company I bought the PC from said it was the NIC sent me a new one and washed their hands of the problem The new NIC a TP-Link on this time had the same problem so I then took the PC to PC World where the technician connected it up and it worked there with no problems I assumed that a shop like PC world has a network so thinking maybe the problem could be our router I connected the new PC straight into the modem and still got the network cable unplugged message and it still won t connect to the internet I doubt the problem is the modem as we ve only had it a few months and the other two computers and the Xbox on the network connect fine as well as the computer the new one is going to replace and my laptop on the odd occasion when I plug it into the network Now I really don t know what is wrong with it and have failed to narrow it down Any ideas nbsp

A:Network Cable Unplugged appears whether connected through router or directly to modem

The fact that the Realtek driver cannot update is a worrisome clue.

If this is a desktop, replace the network card as a test... and reinstall the drivers once more.

Modems or Network Interface Cards can fail at anytime, and new ones are not any more reliable than old ones...

Also check the socket. We have been seeing a lot of network socket failures... But were fixable by adding a new network card, and disabling the old socket.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-cable-unplugged-appears-whether-connected-through-router-or-directly-to-modem.148453/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi,

I'm sure this question has been asked multiple times because I myself have read countless posts trying to figure out my problem and solve it, but nothing has seemed to work for me. I have an HP G60-230US laptop and a Linksys router. It says my laptop is connected to linksys but it has a limited connection. It will not connect to the Internet and I can't open the Internet at all. I got an error saying that it was unable to communicate with the Primary DNS Server but I'm pretty clueless as to how to go about fixing this.

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 67.51%

I moved house and brought the wifi router (SMC WBR14 g2) with me as it worked fine. Now in the new area I have a new ISP, and though I have gone to the router admin page and (under instructions from the person who sold it to me) set it up step by step, the network only loads some pages. The pages are random as sometimes a page wont load and other times it may. But also the first time it tries to load, it will take a while connecting to server, then it will say can not find server. However after that, it will instantly say can not find server.

When the cable is plugged directly to my laptop, it works absolutely fine.

I have a Macbook pro, so if anyone knows how to sort this out, please let me know.

Relevancy 67.08%

I have a 3com Switch 4400 and a netgear BT internet router / modem (4 port)

BT router > 3com switch > PC's

I have around 10 Pc on my network, 7 of them are connected to the 3com and the rest via wifi.

i need the 3 com router to issue the ipaddrsses and give access the the internet via the BT modem / router / AP.

I have tried looking on many forums but no help, i can get the 3com to issue the ip addresses, but then i have no internet. Or set the d.gateway to the bt router but then i am unable to have the 3com to issue the ipaddress.

please if anyone can help

Relevancy 67.08%

hello I have a problem connecting wifi router airlive wt- r to my ADSL modem webstar epc ed using utp patch cable When my PC is connected straight to the ADSL modem everything works like charm But when I connect modem with wan port on the router and router with my PC I get no internet access The network shows as unidentified network and win troubleshooter says Default gateway not available Connecting them two devices seems pretty simple and I don t think I am doing anything wrong so what could be the problem Any help would be very appreciated Thank you This is my ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Milan gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Milan-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address BC- F-F - - -DF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f e d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained listopadu Lease Expires ledna Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv adsl wifi to connecting modem router IAID DHCPv Client DUID connecting wifi router to adsl modem - - - - - -C - -BC- F-F - - -DF DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap CF - B - -AF E- F C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:connecting wifi router to adsl modem

can we see an ipconfig /all when connected to the webstar epc2203ed2.0 only
its possibly showing as a router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-wifi-router-to-adsl-modem.1077863/
Relevancy 67.08%

I am usually pretty savvy with networking but this one really has got me I have searched all over teh Intarwebs with no success solving it Basically here s the issue I m in Mexico and I want to set up a VPN specifically HideMyAss HMA so that I can use my Roku and generally stream things from the United States TELMEX has given me a to modem fiber Connecting wifi router Alcatel-Lucent I- w-q router which connects to the fiber line they have run to my house Separately I bought a ASUS RT-N wifi router because that is the one that HMA says can be programmed to be the central quot tunnel quot into their VPN I upgraded the RT-N firmware to DD-WRT s most recent build I have access to the config Connecting fiber modem to wifi router sections of both routers so I can modify their settings at will So what I need to Connecting fiber modem to wifi router do is connect the Alcatel router to the Asus router in such a way as I can use the Asus router as the primary access to the Internet I wanted to set this up BEFORE I get the HMA subscription so that I could confirm it worked before I shell out for HMA I would deeply appreciate any assistance at all in setting things up so it goes through nbsp

A:Connecting fiber modem to wifi router

You'll need to check with Roku as to whether this is a violation of the terms of service. Based on what I'm seeing, Roku has specific appliances for different countries. I can easily see that what you're doing by accessing US programming from Mexico is a violation of the terms of service; more specifically the programming owners will probably have issues with streaming to foreign countries.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-fiber-modem-to-wifi-router.1068227/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hey yall Am connected router computer internet to is Solved: connects to not my router my but My having an issue after resetting my router My computer connects to my router and the signal is fine but the router does not seem to be connected to the internet am a web researcher and i use my internet everyday and I would really appreciate if you guys could help me out Here is the ipconfig message http Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Mike gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Mike-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Motorola SURFboard USB Cable Modem Physical Address - - -A -EC-AF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Solved: My computer connects to my router but my router is not connected to internet Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained August- - AM Lease Expires August- - AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description HP b g Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address -C -A -AE- -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dbc e f dc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained August- - PM Lease Expires August- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - - - B- -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A AE -F B- - C D- FBE DA br ED Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F E -DF - CB -AA -D F B br F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Temporary IPv Address c b c b Preferred Default Gateway c c DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Hope this helps Thank Again nbsp

A:Solved: My computer connects to my router but my router is not connected to internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-my-computer-connects-to-my-router-but-my-router-is-not-connected-to-internet.613776/
Relevancy 66.65%

Whenever I unplug from the router and go upstairs, I can't connect to my wi-fi. The problem also persists downstairs unless I am connected by ethernet. It's been happening for about 2 days. At first the wi-fi would jump in and out randomly and quickly but now it simply wont connect. Is it a virus or how can I fix it?

A:Wifi doesn't connect unless directly connected to router by ethernet cable

You might just need to restart your router / WiFI AP to resolve that issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-doesnt-connect-unless-directly-connected-to-router-by-ethernet-cable.202219/
Relevancy 66.65%

Just hooked up to att uverse ,they installed a att200 modem/router ,I have 12 mbps internet. I cant seem to make it hook up to the router
I have tried to enter the info on the printer keypad and throught the computer. computer is pent. 4 ,xp,

I was able to connect my laptop and kindle to the router.
I am not sure if the printer is recognizing the router or vice versa.
in general I dont know what is happening

I just found out it will print from my laptop,so I think my printer is connecting to the router,correct?
just tried to print from laptop again and did not work.
the wifi light on the printer is off.
it used to work great with the other router before att upgraded me

Printer is a epson workforce 520

It is a motorola router

A:AT&T installed new router/modem now my printer will not connect wifi

It worked, then didn't work? What? :S

Maybe check the wifi encryption. Make surei t's WPA2 and not anything else.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/at-t-installed-new-router-modem-now-my-printer-will-not-connect-wifi.192245/
Relevancy 66.65%

My DSL modem/wireless router wont broadcast the wifi signal i need to know if it is just defective or a setting that can be turned off, It was working just fine and just recently stopped broadcasting, it works just fine for a direct connection. (It is a regular windstream wireless modem/router.

A:Windstream DSL modem/router wont broadcast wifi

you can enable/disable wireless in most router , from the configuration pages

also there is often a light on the front panel showing if WLAN is on/off

whats the make and exact model of the router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windstream-dsl-modem-router-wont-broadcast-wifi.1047516/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have Linksys wireless router and I ve been using that for awhile no problems router, connected another Router slower internet Solved: to with it I had a foot CAT cable sitting around and as well an old D-Link DI- wired router so I decided to turn the router into a switch so can Solved: Router connected to another router, slower internet I hardwire my Desktop and PS I have the Port Linksys router outputting the internet to the WAN D-Link wired router using the foot cable and then using Port and to my Desktop and PS respectively Everything on the Desktop and PS side seems to be great i ve noticed web pages loading times decrease Except that the computer which is hardwired to my Linksys wireless router is awfully snail slow Is it because the D-Link router is a Router and not a switch that this problem is happening Edit - I ve been reading that this is more complicated then a simple plug and go I have to disable the DHCP and everything everytime I try to log into my D-Link router it ll get into the routers main page but nothing will load after I try to click LAN or WAN or DHCP Edit - Alright so I have changed my nd router to disable the DHCP and changed the IP to be different from my st router and everything seems good except for one thing When I plug in my PS to either Port or Port the whole network is crippled and nothing connects Very interesting I m going to replace the CAT cable from my PS to my router-switch with a crossover cable i ve got a feeling it s because of that b Edit - I figured out that uPnP was enabled so I disabled it I m not having anymore problems I guess I solved my own issue LOL nbsp

A:Solved: Router connected to another router, slower internet

I guess so.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-router-connected-to-another-router-slower-internet.798888/
Relevancy 65.79%

My Lenovo a 516 connects to the virtual hotspot (my pc), but it doesn't actually receive any data. I can't browse or download.

I have a WIFI dongle (wireless usb nano adapter) connected to my pc, which i think works fine. The problem is with pc's settings because i tried this with 2 phones and outcome was the same.

I do not have much knowledge about how these things work and might have messed up some settings (ip, dns mask- all those things they as u to change,, on youtube).

Kindly help me rectify this..

PS: When i connected the phone after installing the dongle very first time it worked just fine, i was able to browse and download. Now. Then the wifi fan symbol in my phone showd 2 arrows, both sending and receiving data. Now when i open the browser and try entering any site it shows only upward arrow and thats it.

A:Android phone connected to WIFI thru virtual router but unable to browse or download.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/android-phone-connected-to-wifi-thru-virtual-router-but-unable-to-browse-or-download.1117049/
Relevancy 65.79%

Just bought this belkin router. Linked one computer through LAN and 4 devices through WIFI

For some reason my WIFI devices are not able to read or detect connections to the LAN network..

Can someone help me with this ?i found a similar thread but not sure how to work this problem out

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1427502

A:Belkin Share Wireless Modem Router WiFi and LAN not linked

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Check these links for more information.

Belkin : Support : Setup Assistant for Routers

Belkin : Support : Configuring Wireless Security

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/202177-belkin-share-wireless-modem-router-wifi-lan-not-linked.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi I have a my PPPoE Fiber instead WiFi my Configuring of router Optic on modem Fiber Optic connection at Configuring PPPoE on my WiFi router instead of my Fiber Optic modem home where the Fiber Optic modem is connected to my WiFi router Configuring PPPoE on my WiFi router instead of my Fiber Optic modem The problem is that in Configuring PPPoE on my WiFi router instead of my Fiber Optic modem order to connect to the Internet I have to first connect to the WiFi WPA and then dial-in via PPPoE into the Internet I provide the ISP username and password in the second step I am using Windows and have created the PPPoE connection as shown in the attached screenshots I have to connect to this PPPoE every time I need to connect to the Internet I have had to configure this on all my laptops and have to connect using each individual machine where I need an Internet connection This is a big pain as you can imagine Further I want to connect my Nexus One to the home WiFi Internet connection but since it doesn t have PPPoE support I can t do this I went to my router settings Com CRWDR A- and found something that seemed promising In the Internet Settings section I saw a place to provide the PPPoE username and password However this hasn t helped I still have to connect using the PPPoE connection in Windows Does anybody have any ideas tips Any help would be appreciated as this is getting frustrating Cheers Wild Thing nbsp

A:Configuring PPPoE on my WiFi router instead of my Fiber Optic modem

Since you're connecting from the router you can probably delete the PPOE connection from Windows.

Curtis

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/configuring-pppoe-on-my-wifi-router-instead-of-my-fiber-optic-modem.911765/
Relevancy 65.79%

i have wimax usb modem and tenda wifi router with rj45 ports. how do i connect them, please im not so good at computer so i will request step by step procedure. i dont want to buy a new modem.

Relevancy 65.79%

I have an internet connection that I have extended to my Brother in law's house, next door. At the moment, I basically have two LAN cables coming out of my modem/router, one going to my computer and another, extended cable, going to his computer.
However, he wants to use his spare modem/router, which has wifi capability, to allow his son to use his own computer downstair with only wifi.
Therefore, will there be any conflicts if I simply splice in a Lan cable or add a lan socket for the second modem/router (wifi location.) at the appropriate point along Lan cable 2? See diagram below.
If there is a possibility of conflict what would be an alternate wiring method?

Thanks,
Tom.

A:Adding extra wifi (modem/router) to my already extended network

Good drawing and this will work just fine. In fact, that's what I use to get access at the far end of the house. Here's the trick;

router#1(lan slot) ---- (lan slot) router#2 with wifi​
Notice that #2 WAN slot is left empty! This places all systems on the same subnet of the router#1 {what you are doing is making router#2 act like a switch which has wifi support (y) }

* Give router# a unique LAN address (If #1 is 192.168.1.1, then make #2 192.168.1.1) This will allow each to be manage via a browser connection
* in router#2 disable DHCP. This forces #1 to be the manager of the entire network and it will handout all IP addresses
Personally, I use the MAC addresses of my devices to enable router#1 to use Address Reservation of IP address for all devices attached to #1 (ie I map the devices to the range 1.2-> 1.10)

Then set the DHCP range in #1 to 1.100-1.50
These will be used for all devices attached (wired or wifi) to #2

Optional:
All systems can then use the firewall to allow or deny access for one or both halves of the network. EG: I permit access for 1-10 and 255 while denying 100-254​ALL system must allow the top-end address 255 as that is the broadcast address that is used to hand out the DHCP data.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-extra-wifi-modem-router-to-my-already-extended-network.203204/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hey everyone I d really appreciate any help you guys can give on WiFi Connectivity Issues Pace Modem/Router with 4111n the issue I m at my wits end at this point So anyway about a month ago my old wire modem pretty much kicked the bucket for good after about years of more or less dedicated service with the occasional hiccup here and there I was kind of saddened yet relieved and I was left without internet for a few days I contacted my ISP with the issue and after a bunch of failed restart attempts on their end I told them the damn thing was dead already but they were insistent on making sure I wasn t bs ing them they finally relented and decided to send me their new Pace n router modem A few days later low and behold I had a new Pace and guess what IT HAD WIFI The reason why this came as such an interesting surprise was because my old Wire that my ISP had originally provided us with was simply a modem with no router wifi capabilities on it In order to bypass the lack of Wifi I had to purchase a Netgear N router and had it hooked up to the Wire for years with no connectivity issues Anyway with the new Pace in hand I put my old Netgear away and plugged the new baby in and here is where things kinda went downhill Now my old set up was kinda WiFi Connectivity Issues with Pace 4111n Modem/Router strange I used to have the Wire modem hooked up to the Netgear router and in between had a Grandstream HT Voip phone adapter plugged in we have the need in my household for long distance phone service and in order to have a more economical option purchased a separate service with a different company WiFi Connectivity Issues with Pace 4111n Modem/Router that provided the Grandstream I should mention that the set up we use to have was put in place by someone from the company and that I had no hand in putting it together that way For years this set up worked fine with no issues but as soon as the Pace n came into play with the Grandstream in tow behind it my Wifi connectivity basically went down the crapper After about a week with random signal drops and Wifi connection issues I decided to call my ISP back and describe the situation to them What has followed since then has been a ridiculous back and forth with various quot technical support quot people basically insisting in guiding me through the typical reset process of the Pace different variations of quot just unplug it from your power source for a bit and see if that works quot or my favorite quot just get a longer cable and keep the Grandstream and the Pace far away from each other so that the Grandstream doesn t interfere with the WiFi radio signal quot Now please keep in mind that I pretty much had already tried ALL of this and more prior to speaking with quot technical support quot and the fact that that s basically all the advice they ve been able to offer is just dismaying So here I am turning to the net for help on this matter hope someone out there has something better than quot unplug and replug and see if that works quot to offer in terms of help -PhantomRaven P S- A couple of other specifying notes for those who might need some more info on the subject -After my last conversation with tech support which happened today I finally got someone to guide me through fiddling around with the Pace We managed to change the Wireless Channel to Ch on a MHz range along with confirming the connection type as a PPP E setting So far I ve had no issues but right after I hung up with them I had to revert to my old system of disconnecting from the WiFi and reconnecting in order to get my signal working again -My doggy Wifi issues usually would start like this I d start up my laptop which is set up to log in to my home WiFi signal automatically and right away I d notice the typical yellow triangle symbol over the network icon indicating quot limited or no connectivity quot At this point I would usually have to disconnect and then reconnect to start it working again This would usually keep it worki... Read more

Relevancy 65.79%

Hope this isn't confusing but, my internet provider (my cable company) came in to set up a wireless modem/router when we upped our internet speed today. We have three desktop computers which are hard wired to our existing Linksys router which we have been using previously. Would it be in our best interest to turn off the wireless function of that router (it's hooked up to the new modem/wireless router so the hardwired computers can function since the new unit has no ports to plug in the desktop computers into). Our wireless devices are all 'connected' to the new modem/router (using its passphrase and SSID). Can the wireless capabilities of each interfere with each other? They are sitting right next to each other.

A:Solved: Internet provider wireless modem/router and my hard wired router

It's confusing to me, but can make two comments ...

a. If you are not using the wireless network of a router it's best to disable or turn off the wireless--saves electricity and should extend the life of the router.

b. Two wireless networks whose channel numbers are less than five from each other can interfere. In North America if possible use channels 1, 6 and 11 to guarantee non interference.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-provider-wireless-modem-router-and-my-hard-wired-router.1122336/
Relevancy 65.79%

I am currently stationed in Germany, and live in a village that has horrible internet. I cannot stream netflix, hulu, and downloads take several hours.

Is there a way to combine the internet that my cell phone receives and the wifi router I have at home to increase speed?

I have the ability to create a wifi hotspot from my cell phone if this helps.

Just something I thought up in my head, and wanted to find out if it is possible. Thanks in advance.

A:Combining Wifi Hotspot and Router Wifi for faster internet

You can, try this http://www.octopusplus.com/download.jsp or http://www.connectify.me/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/combining-wifi-hotspot-and-router-wifi-for-faster-internet.1099511/
Relevancy 65.36%

this is what the is shown after run command and cmd is given C Users shobhit gt ipconfig ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name shobhit-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Ethernet but connected with works modem not wire no internet, wi-fi, working with internet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet internet not working with wi-fi, modem connected but no internet, works with wire Controller Physical Address - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e e b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday March PM Lease Expires Wednesday March PM Default Gateway fe c df e d b DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -DC-F - - - E- -E - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - - E- -E - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c df e d b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -DC-F - - - E- -E - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap Belkin Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D C - B - DA -B C - B A br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users shobhit gt request to sort out this issue regards shobhit nbsp

A:internet not working with wi-fi, modem connected but no internet, works with wire

you wireless is set to a fixed IP
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : NoClick to expand...

change to automatic

Setup to Automatically get IP and DNS
VISTA
-----
Setup to Automatically get an IP and DNS (DHCP) - for Vista
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Change-TCP-IP-settings

WINDOWS 7
---------
Setup to Automatically get an IP and DNS (DHCP) - for Windows 7
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Change-TCP-IP-settings
From a TerryNet post
To configure a dynamic IP address on your Windows Vista or 7 computer:

1. Click Start.
2. Select Network, then Network and Sharing Center, and click Manage network connections or Change adapter settings from the list of tasks.
3. Right click the connection of interest and click Properties.
4. Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) from the list and click the Properties button.
5. Select Obtain an IP address automatically.
6. Select Obtain DNS Server address automatically.
7. Click OK.
8. Click Close.Click to expand...

WINDOWS 8
---------
Setup to Automatically get an IP and DNS (DHCP) - for windows 8
http://www.online-tech-tips.com/windows-8/windows-8-assign-static-ip-address/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-not-working-with-wi-fi-modem-connected-but-no-internet-works-with-wire.1094329/
Relevancy 65.36%

I am trying to get my parents Kindle Fire to work. They recently purchased a Motorola Modem/Router which is hooked into the desktop and works fine. I want to get their new kindle to work and can not seem to figure it out. Their operating system is Vista which I can upgrade to Windows 7 if that would make it easier. When I click on setup the WiFi part of the installation wizard cd that came with the Motorola it says there is not a network adapter. I know what that is however I do not know why I would need it when the desktop is hooked directly into modem/router and I just need the WiFi for Kindle. Is there a simpler way to get this working? I figured I would try you as you are the expert in this field. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you

Relevancy 64.93%

My computer says the modem is connected, but I get no connection to the internet at all. It works on my old computer but not the new one I built. My modem brand is Westell, and I got DSL. I got windows xp pro.

Ipconfig /all:

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : allen-ba3640b31

Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :

Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown

IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-E0-4D-22-AE-EF

Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Autoconfiguration IP Address. . . : 169.254.143.221

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

Please help me and thanks in advance.

A:Modem connected, but no internet

Actually, that IPCONFIG shows that you didn't get a connection.

First off, have you checked the cable, and tried a different port on the router?

If none of that works, try this:

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/modem-connected-but-no-internet.625497/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have an acer aspire 4736Z laptop, connected to a router, then to the modem. the landlord wants to change the whole system, so we have a new D-Link router, connected to a speedtouch 516 modem, connected to a dry line (phone jack converted so the internet goes through instead the phone line)

on the modem, there are 4 lights; power (ok), ethernet (ok), dsl (ok), and internet (no connection). i've tried to connect through the router, as well as directly to the modem.

if you have any ideas, please share

A:Internet not connected to modem

Hi:Ok not a lot to go on here,but,let's give it a shot.
For starters:
Here is a basic tutorial on setting up a broadband connection:
Tips on setting up broadband connection, courtesy of Johnwill

You don't need any setup disk to configure a broadband router.
Reset the router to factory defaults by holding the reset button down for 15 seconds with power on. The following procedure should get you a connection with any broadband modem that is configured to use DHCP for the router connection, such as cable modems, and many DSL modems. If you require PPPoE configuration for the DSL modem, that will have to be configured to match the ISP requirements.You might want to go to the d-link site I provided below and print out the instructions for your specific router.
• Turn off everything, the modem, router, computer.
• Connect the modem to the router's WAN/Internet port.
• Connect the computer to one of the router's LAN/Network ports.
• Turn on the modem, wait for a steady connect light.
• Turn on the router, wait for two minutes.
• Boot the computer.

When the computer is completely booted, let's see this.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

NOTE: For the items below in red surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous command output!

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
And

Here is a link to the d-link site that discusses how to interface their routers to a dsl modem
http://www.dlink.com/support/faq/default.aspx?question=dsl

And here is a link to a discussion on how to "bridge"the speedstream, as called for in the d-link tutorial.
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r17722848-Help-Making-SpeedTouch-516-into-Dumb-modem

Also,here is a TSG tutorial on the same subject.

Your issue is that your "modem" is a modem/router and is using the same subnet as the new router.
From a Terrynet post on the networking forum
1. a. Bridge the modem/router unit so that it bypasses the router function and acts as a modem only. Or,

b. Change the address range used by one of the routers, say, to 192.168.3.x. Or,

c. Use the second router as an ethernet switch and wireless access point per the following recipe.
From a Johnwill post on the networking Forum

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-not-connected-to-modem.944609/
Relevancy 64.93%

This keeps happening after long periods of Internet to but Modem no Connected the machine Connected to Modem but no Internet being powered off I will boot the machine and the network Connected to Modem but no Internet connection icon will tell me there is No Internet but I can still connect to the modem I've been just rebooting the machine to get internet again It hasn't failed to reconnect on reboot yet knock on wood Now I know this has been partially discussed for wireless connections in other threads but this Connected to Modem but no Internet is not the same issue The reason I say this is this DSL modem has two wireless connections on it as well as my machine which is wired If I boot my machine and get the no internet alert it kicks the two wireless machines off the internet as well I'm using Windows x and no this is not a browser issue The network connection icon on the task bar is producing the no internet warning before loading a browser I have both Firefox and IE on this O S Any ideas

A:Connected to Modem but no Internet

Can you disable the wireless connections (within the router)? I wasn't using mine and this seemed like a sensible security issue too.
Maybe that will bypass this problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/15801-connected-modem-but-no-internet.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I have been trying for some time to accomplish the title result. I'm not techie enough to do it.

What I want is to be able to use a Tablet to read in the rear of my home (which is out of range for incoming wifi signal.)

If I can set up the computer to do this, I will cable connect to a router in that area.
I have two computers and could use either.

1.a PC running XP (should update to windows 8.1, but have never bothered to do that, since XP works just fine. (I had this computer sharing to the router, when I had DSL internet connection, using Windows wizard to set it up) Couldn't get it to work when I switched to WIFI internet access) I could switch to win 7 or 8.1 if that would help.

2. a Lap Top running WIN 8.1,

Any help is appreciated.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/75655-internet-access-via-wifi-share-wifi-via-second-router.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I've been battling this Internet Connected, WIFI Internet - Slow/Dropped Issue but Desktop particular issue for a couple of weeks now without much success I have a custom built desktop where my WIFI connection will deteriorate to the point where internet and gaming over Steam etc will be either painfully slow or unable to load pages at all Windows claims throughout that I am connected to my WIFI network with internet access and good signal even when I cannot reach any internet pages This problem has happened at different locations on different WIFI networks and with different WIFI adapters TP-LINK TL-WDN PCI TRENDnet TEW- UB USB Edimax EW- Un At both locations I have another laptop and a phone that can connect to the WIFI network just fine I even got a couple of the adapters to work fine on the laptop without the issue I've found that disabling NetBIOS seems to temporarily improve matters I'd read Desktop WIFI Internet Issue - Connected, but Slow/Dropped Internet elsewhere that that can cause issues but it has not resolved the problem Also Desktop WIFI Internet Issue - Connected, but Slow/Dropped Internet I'm getting DNS errors in the Windows event logs quot Name resolution for the name XXXX timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded quot Desktop WIFI Internet Issue - Connected, but Slow/Dropped Internet ipconfig results are posted below Images of Xirrus and its connection test are attached Any help is very much appreciated Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Doug gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name WUQUIST Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd mn comcast net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection TP Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd mn comcast net Description TP-LINK Mbps Wireless N Adapter Physical Address E -DE- - B-A -AA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d e fc c e ba Preferred Temporary IPv Address d e c b c b Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe fc c e ba Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday September AM Lease Expires Saturday October AM Default Gateway fe d cbff fe e DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- C- - - -D - - - - DNS Servers feed feed NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Ethernet Connection I -V Physical Address -D - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:Desktop WIFI Internet Issue - Connected, but Slow/Dropped Internet

Here are the Xirrus results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/346908-desktop-wifi-internet-issue-connected-but-slow-dropped-internet.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello I own two routers - D-Link DSL- another connect (via Router a Solved: modem) as router Internet used to cannot ADSL not wireless and D-Link DIR- wireless The set-up used to be like this - Internet ADSL cable pluged Solved: Router cannot connect to Internet (via another router used as a modem) in Solved: Router cannot connect to Internet (via another router used as a modem) DSL- router - PC connected to DSL- via Ethernet port - DIR- connected to DSL- Ethernet port to Internet port - DSL- works as a modem - Laptop wirelessly connected to DIR- Everything has worked note it wasn t me who set this up Unfortunatelly I have reseted the DIR- wireless router because of some troubles Now the wireless router doesn t connect to the Internet I can connect either computer via cable with the first router and it works like a dream Computers can also see the DIR- router when connected to it via cable but it does not see the Internet I ve switched the setup on and off several times Cables work Computers work they can see Internet from other sources I guess I need to configure the wireless router in some certain way but I really have no idea how I d be grateful for your help nbsp

A:Solved: Router cannot connect to Internet (via another router used as a modem)

Probably IP Address conflict as both D-Links would usually use 192.168.0.1 for default internal (LAN) IP.

You would need to change the LAN IP address of the DIR-615 to another subnet such as 192.168.2.1 for a modem LAN port to router WAN (Internet) port connection unless the DIR-615 can be set as an access point. Will need to check the User Manual to see. Will pull up a PDF and check.

Another option would be to set up using the following method by John Will.
Connecting two soho routers in a network
Tutorial from Johnwill from the Networking Forum

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

Hopefully one of these will lead you in the right direction.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-router-cannot-connect-to-internet-via-another-router-used-as-a-modem.1082208/
Relevancy 64.5%

I was removing some programs off my computer I think I removed the modem that connected me to the internet and i need hel p on getting it back or reinstalling it.I have tried to fix this my self but I dont know which modem I had.My compuer now is trying to connect me by a TCP/IP LAN which I dont even have because I use a dialup modem.I need fo someone to tell me which modem do i need to reinstall so i can use the internet.Also do i have to send it to a computer technician or can this be resolved easily. thanks

Relevancy 64.5%

I can't figure this one out. I have this e-machine EL1852G-52W I installed a new hard drive, and win XP (has not been activated). I installed a few programs - they work fine. BUT, after I shut down power (both ac & bat.) to the cable modem and wait a minute - then connect to the computer, I get no connect activity on the modem, and I can't access the internet. What can cause this and how to troubleshoot this? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 64.5%

Hello I am facing a problem recently From last two days my internet disconnecting frequently Modem catching correct ip but no internet connection modem catches correct ip address n other things it shows connected to home network i e hathway and connected still Modem CONNECTION NO INTERNET internet access is allowed but browser display error webpage is not available Modem connected still NO INTERNET CONNECTION same result for login page of ISP I have tried different browsers but same result windows network diagnosis center results as quot your computer appears to be correctly configured but the device or resource is not responding quot OR quot login hathway com is online but still not responding after couple of tries quot second error is not correct word Modem connected still NO INTERNET CONNECTION to word tht was the over all meaning of it In ping test ping to default gateway gives very good result as - ms but request time out for www google com So am not understanding whether it is my pc s problem or from ISP I m using single pc with wired modem windows Modem connected still NO INTERNET CONNECTION no changes made in network n sharing center Any help is appreciated nbsp

A:Modem connected still NO INTERNET CONNECTION

Your ISP is having a problem with that gateway. That (can ping ISP's gateway but nothing else) has happened to me a number of times, but for me it has always cleared up in a matter of minutes (but as long as an hour or so).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/modem-connected-still-no-internet-connection.1077818/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi,

My modem is working perfectly, i'm on my laptop and the connection is Strong,Excellent. I try to go to my computer, i turned it on, and i couldn't see the little computer (internet)icon in the corner, i went to Control Panel> Network Connections & i couldn't see nothing there either! It's like someone completely deleted it..
is this a virus? I also ran a computer scan and there were 0 threats. This just happened all of a sudden when i turned it on.. i tried everything..restarting it, opening a new connection ( but when i did that, it said 'Hardware not found or cannot find network' or something like that ). Please help as soon as possible.. thanks to all.

Relevancy 64.07%

on a dell studio with vista
Wifi signal strength is excellent
Internet explorer can't connect
I run the diagnostic option but don't understand the results

A:Connected to wifi but can't get to Internet

I'll try to help - please post the results here, cut & paste or a screen print, if not briefly what's it saying.

Vista up to date?

Is your internet cable or other, if so what and what speed if you know.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569369/connected-to-wifi-but-cant-get-to-internet/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hey there This is my first post on this forum I hope that I can get some help here Anyways here is the issue that my roommates and I are experiencing with our internet Recently starting just a few weeks ago our internet began acting a bit strange for all of us We are able to constantly stay connected In our network preferences it says we are always connected to the internet with full bars For the most part we all have perfect to 24/7, wifi Connected and still out. internet in goes and fast internet connection but for some unknown reason every minutes or so sometimes shorter sometimes longer we won t be able to load anything on the internet from a range of about - minutes The strange thing is that even during these periods of time where we are unable to load anything as Connected to wifi 24/7, internet still goes in and out. if we had no wifi connection all of our devices that we use the internet on said that we all still had a perfect connection Even if we are sitting right next to the router with our laptops this issue will still constantly reoccur as i described earlier What s even weirder is that sometimes things like video games on the pc that run in different clients not the internet browser will be able to maintain internet connection when playing online when the internet stops working for everything else That is definitely what confuses me the most How could a video game maintain internet connection for online play on the same wifi yet none of our other devices are able to load anything We won t even be able to use wifi on our phones during that - minute period but it still says on our phones that we are fully connected to our wifi during that time of us not being able to load anything We ve tried everything that we could think of to fix the issue but non of us are IT experts so that s why I decided to come here to ask for help We ve reset the router countless times moved the router to every other area of the house and even purchased a better router model to boost signal range by a good amount The new router got some of us faster connections but the issue still was not resolved Every minutes or so the internet still will always just stop working even though it says on all of our devices that we are maintaining a strong internet wifi connection I m just at a loss of ideas on what to do We called Comcast our internet provider and they said they ll have one of their people come and check it out but they can t come down until Friday I haven t always had the best results with Comcast employees either Is there any way that we could somehow fix this issue It s just the most frustrating thing and all of us are college students who are constantly using the internet for academics Please if there is any help or advice for us we d appreciate it so much Thank you for your time nbsp

A:Connected to wifi 24/7, internet still goes in and out.

Try assigning a free public DNS server on the router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-wifi-24-7-internet-still-goes-in-and-out.1119204/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello everyone so the other day my PC unexpectedly shut but Internet no connected WIFI down and been giving connectivity issues since Currently I can connect to my WIFI router gain an IP address however I am getting no internet access I have a virtual machine running on the PC with windows XP and this machine does have full internet WIFI connected but no Internet access Problems and resolutions so far Windows firewall and security manager were corrupted and various services did not start however all are up now I reset the TCPIP stack via command prompt I reinstalled Wifi drivers I ran the sfc and chkdisk commands Check disk resolved some issues Netsh winsock reset I did a traceroute and it hit my router after there is a request timeout then it goes to a few addresses before stopping link to SPECCY http speccy piriform com results y pd e pGJbq X I'm lost now as everything seems WIFI connected but no Internet to be up just I am unable to browse Any tips would be greatly appreciated

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/400309-wifi-connected-but-no-internet.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Can't get laptop to connect. I have a LINKSYS WIRELESS G ROUTER. I have a laptop with LINKSYS adapter card. Can't connect to internet, keep geting message..
YOU ARE CONNECTED TO THE ACESS POINT, BUT THE INTERNET CANNOT BE FOUND. I nosed around and discovered in the settings that it keeps saying..CANNOT OBTAIN IP ADDRESS, etc. and the boxes under TCP/IP CONFIG are empty?? Anyone care to take this one on?

Relevancy 64.07%

For the last two months my wifi has been dropping randomly and picking back up after a few minutes I use laptop kindle fire ps blu ray player on router conflicting IPs Three days ago I reset my Linksys WRT N router and now cannot get any wifi connection at all only through ethernet no connected,but internet Wifi says connected directly into laptop I ve signed Wifi says connected,but no internet into Lynksys set up page created a domain name Host name and a passphrase I now see newly created network i enter passphrase and says connected but i cannot access the internet I have tried ip release and renew Wifi says connected,but no internet to no avail Also tried running as admin on command prompt and flushing and netsh reset winsock Ip config says media disconnected tunnel adapter local area connection Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users ambie gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name ambie -pc Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List ANM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Networking Controller Physical Address - F- - -CF- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ca aa ba Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday February PM Lease Expires Wednesday February PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A -D -CC- - - E- -D - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix ANM Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - - E- -D - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a c df d ca Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday February PM Lease Expires Thursday February PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A -D -CC- - - E- -D - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix ANM Description isatap ANM Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C EACDA- - E A-AE F- CFF B br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d d e f febf Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe e f febf Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users ambie gt nbsp

A:Wifi says connected,but no internet

after a reset the default for the router would be 192.168.1.1
BUT
you are showing a default gateway connection on your ethernet of 192.168.1.254

Also the wireless adapter is a Atheros AR5007 and under vista , any change in routers or router settings can cause issues

can you explain what you are connected to using the ethernet cable ?

and you should update the wireless driver from the manufacturers website - if that does not work - then from Atheros site

whats the make and model of the PC ?

AR5007
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

To install the driver you will need to do the following

Extract the downloaded zip file into a folder on the PC
then

> Start Globe
> Control Panel
> System and maintenance
> Scroll down to Device manager
> network adaptors, click on the + >
> Right click on the AR5007 Adapter
> click on Update Driver Software...
> click on Browse my computer for driver software
> let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
> Have Disk
> click on the Button Browse...
> Locate the folder you extracted the zip folder and highlight the .inf file
you should see two files with .inf
Vista 32Bit AR5007 netathv.inf
Vista 64Bit AR5007 netathvx.inf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-says-connected-but-no-internet.1143757/
Relevancy 64.07%

Recently upgraded my u530 from windows 8 to windows 10 and the internet is no longer working. i have tried everything on the windows website but i am very far anything knowledgable on computer

A:WiFi connected but no internet

Hello and Welcome to Lenovo Community.
It looks as if there are some drivers for network on the Drivers and Software page for the U530 Ideapad (Touch). If that is your model, you could try installing those to see if it helps. Make sure you get the ones for Windows 10 when you search on that page.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/WiFi-connected-but-no-internet/td-p/3330291
Relevancy 64.07%

OK im sure this is something silly and simple at least I hope it is I have a laptop with wireless I can search for wifi networks like the airport and starbuck find the list of networks available and hit connect and it says conected Then when I open up my Web Browser nothing Page cannot be displayed as tho i have no connection WIFI Internet no but ? to Connected I have tried it with a few different places like the public wifi places and still nothing and even on a private network in my friends house Im sure its a setting or something though I have the automatically detect settings selected in the internet options Its like the computer is connecting to the network but yet its realising that OH I should be using this connection for the Internet Connected to WIFI but no Internet ? Im pretty good at sorting out problems with PCs Windows thou I have no expierence of wireless networks so am totaly lost Hope this makes sense Thanks Paddy nbsp

A:Connected to WIFI but no Internet ?

When you seem to be connected, open a Command window and type
ipconfig /all

Does your wireless show "Yes" for "Dhcp Enabled" and for Autoconfiguration Enabled ? If not, you need to go into your TCP/IP properties and set to 'obtain IP auto' and 'obtain DNS auto.'

If your wireless is showing an IP of 169.254.x.y it did not successfully get an IP configuration from the router or server. Is there a chance that the wrong driver is installed--maybe one for the wrong region of the world (for example, US and Canada use channels 1-11 while most of Europe uses channels 1-13).

If not the above, post the ipconfig here. One way to do so is to type
ipconfig /all >C:\ipconfig.txt
This will put the results in the ipconfig text file on your hard drive; you can open it with notepad to copy and paste here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-wifi-but-no-internet.438861/
Relevancy 64.07%

My wifi is connected, but when I open any browser (Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer) It loads and then says I have no internet connection. I've tried troubleshooting, but it tells me everything is fine. The Wifi on our other laptop works fine or for my phone; basically any other device works perfectly fine, except my laptop. I've tried using CMD, going back on my Restore Point and nothing has worked, and if it does it's only for 3-5 minutes, and it gives me the same error that I have no internet connection. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I need my laptop for work.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Connected-to-Wifi-but-no-internet/td-p/5672747
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello everyone, so the other day my PC unexpectedly shut down and been giving connectivity issues since.
Currently, I can connect to my WIFI router, gain an IP address. however I am getting no internet access.
I
have a virtual machine running on the PC, with windows XP, and this machine does have full internet access.

Problems and resolutions so far:

Windows firewall and security manager were corrupted and various services did not start however all are up now.
I reset the TCPIP stack via command prompt.
I reinstalled Wifi drivers.
I ran the sfc and chkdisk  commands. Check disk resolved some issues.
I did a traceroute and i hit my router, after there is a request timeout then it goes to a few addresses before stopping.

Im lost now as everything seems to be up, just I am unable to browse. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Rango.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6a65b07b-a072-47cd-bf10-416200f92809/wifi-connected-but-no-internet?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 64.07%

hi all just got a 2nd hand lappy same as my old one can connect to wifi but when i click to go on net will not have it thanks for help

A:connected to wifi but cant get on Internet

Welcome to BC benchwarmer . We need more information as to what computer model and message do you get when connecting online? Have you tried using both wired or wireless? Please run Minitoolbox from this link : http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic398507.html and include List Installed Programs on your next reply. When running minitoolbox, make sure you have a status of either wired or wireless connection.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/462138/connected-to-wifi-but-cant-get-on-internet/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello everyone, so the other day my PC unexpectedly shut down and been giving connectivity issues since.
Currently, I can connect to my WIFI router, gain an IP address. however I am getting no internet access.
I have a virtual machine running on the PC, with windows XP, and this machine does have full internet access.

Problems and resolutions so far:

Windows firewall and security manager were corrupted and various services did not start however all are up now.I reset the TCPIP stack via command prompt.I reinstalled Wifi drivers.I ran the sfc and chkdisk  commands. Check disk resolved some issues.I did a traceroute and i hit my router, after there is a request timeout then it goes to a few addresses before stopping.

Im lost now as everything seems to be up, just I am unable to browse. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Rango.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6b7f486d-e6b3-4610-8284-60ca6768eb16/wifi-connected-but-no-internet?forum=itprovistanetworking
Relevancy 64.07%

I am far from computer savvy, but I know basic things. Here is my issue...
My HP pavillion dv6000 (yes it's old, I know) wont allow me to use the Internet. It says I am connected to my home wifi with 5 bars signal strength. My iPad and Droid both connect to my wifi and I can use the Internet fine. I actually have 2 Hp pavillion dv6000 laptops, and neither will connect to the Internet! Up until today everything worked fine and all of a sudden I can't open the intent on either one! I called Hp and they were no help. I have read other posts about people having similar problems, and tried the solutions suggested but nothing has worked! I need my laptop only because my wonderful iPad can't do everything I wish it could.

Help!? Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 64.07%

Hey everyone, sorry if this is in wrong area.

So today I bought a secondhand computer. It's a Toshiba Satelite L875D-S7230.

When I connect it to my home wifi it connects no problem and says 'internet access' when I hover over the icon. However when I open open google chrome or internet explorer and type in a site, it takes a little while then says this page cannot be displayed or this web page is unavailable.

The guy I bought it from says he had no issues. And I know it's not the internet because I'm using the internet to post this from phone.
I've tried a few ideas that worked for other people on other forums like using cmd box but to no avail.

Has anyone got any idea why the computer is being such a turd?? Can anyway give advice on how to fix the problem? Thank you all so much!

A:Connected to wifi, PC says 'internet access' but can't browse internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-wifi-pc-says-internet-access-but-cant-browse-internet.1131623/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hey, basically I've just moved house and the internet isn't working. We have a modem that's connected to a pc with an Ethernet n there is a laptop co-nected wireless. Connections between comp n modems are good but modem to internet isnt. When loading ie or Chrome a message comes up 105 unable to resolve the servers dns. Please help!

A:modem connected but no internet - error message 105

Have you checked with your ISP to see if they are having any problems ? Can you log onto your modem and check that you have the settings right.

You haven't given too much info about your set up, can you tell the experts what operating systems the machines are running, who is your ISP and is it the same one as you had at the old house.

I'm sure with a little more information someone will be able to help you out, welcome to the forum.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/173561-modem-connected-but-no-internet-error-message-105-a.html
Relevancy 63.64%

When I looked up the internet connection status for the packets that I received I only receive - When I click repair it said the IP address already renewed However the internet still not working When I use my laptop to browse the internet it said the same thing internet connected but cannot browse at all I tried so many things such as clearing the DNS cache releasing and renewing IP address I did set the properties of the wireless connection to obtain Modem connected access but Solved: no internet DNS and IP automatically I tried pinging I turned Solved: Modem connected but no internet access off all my firewalls I tried system restore but still not working I run cmd all it Solved: Modem connected but no internet access got the following information Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers When I did ping test it said destination net unreachable and later on I run ping test again it said unreleased Later on I did restart everything again the packets that I received only and didn t receive anything at all Is there anyone can help me with it Please help thank you nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

Hi i really need some help the modem can't computer my to connect to connected i but the internet?! is on this one few months ago got the adsl internet connection but the modem sent to us by the ISP was faulty couldnt connect to the internet so had to buy the new one got the wireless D-Link modem model DSL- B Went through all the set up stage and configuration both our laptops are connected to the modem wireless but there is no internet connection all the lights on the modem are solid green power lan wlan and dsl except the internet light which my computer is connected to the modem but i can't connect to the internet?! is still red spent over hours on the phone with the technical support for our ISP but im not sure if they know what they doing every time i call they just repeat themselves and have no idea how to fix it our operating system is windows vista i ve tried to look for errors myself and diagnose the problem but no solution one msg kept coming up few times- sth about firewall blocking the access to the internet i don t know whether its our laptops blocking the connection or the ISP technician didn t set up the connection to the phone line properly i m really confused and would really appreciate any help thanks nbsp

A:my computer is connected to the modem but i can't connect to the internet?!

The issue is not with your computers, but from the connection between your router and ISP

From your router's manual (found here):

Internet:
A solid green light indicates the WAN IP address from IPCP or DHCP and DSL is up or a static IP
address is configured and PPP negotiation has been successfully completed. If the indicator blinks
green, this means the Router is active. If the Router power is off, this remains dark. A solid red light
indicates there is no DHCP response, no PPPoE response, PPPoE authentication has failed, and/or
there is no IP.

So, your router either has the wrong configuration, the ISP is not getting to your modem, or it's toast. I would bet on the first one as the DSL link per you is solid.

Most DSL services that I have used (not in Oceania, but I'm sure it's the same) requires you to manually enter the IP address/subnet mask/gateway in the WAN (or internet) section. Make sure that is the case for your ISP and make sure its the correct information

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-is-connected-to-the-modem-but-i-cant-connect-to-the-internet.995127/
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a Motorola SB DOCSIS modem from Charter feeding my own D-Link DIR- router Periodically the Internet is unavailable to my PC that is hard wired to the router When that happens it s only gone for a minute maybe two minutes Sometimes it will go for days with no problems Other times it may happen two or three times an hour I can read the modem status page from my PC when this happens and observe that the four downstream channels are bonded and receiving approximately dBmV S N dB modem connected internet, is but No Solved: cable Upstream is bonded and delivering dBmV So I think we can say that the PC is communicating with the modem through the router and the modem is connected to Charter s head end Charter has been out numerous times and says the signal into and out of the modem meets specs Of course they are never there when the Internet is unavailable But if they were there they would probably find that the signal carrier meets specs but there is no Internet However Charter repair has told me that this is impossible If the modem is bonded it means the Internet is there Therefore it is the router that is dropping the Internet remember I can read the modem status page trough the router when this happens Any thoughts nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

my newly built pc only connects to the internet when directly connected to the modem. when connected to the Linksys WRT54G, the internet does not work and there are no status lights on the ethernet port on my computer. however all other computers and devices, wired and wireless, all work with the router. my new computer is the only one that doesnt work with the router.
i have:
1. reset the router and the modem
2. updated all drivers
3. checked to make sure the cable is good and the port on the router is good (they're both good, i use this ethernet cord and router port for my xbox and it works fine.)
4. DNS and DHCP are enabled
5. i've worked on this crap for 3 days now so ive done a lot more trouble shooting than this, i just cant remember everything.

any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

A:new build only connects to internet when connected to modem

The obvious solution is to update the firmware on your WRT54G. You need select the correct hardware version for either of these.

Linksys WRT54G

The latest DDWRT firmware will also work and has more options in the firmware for networking.
Router Database | www.dd-wrt.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/243627-new-build-only-connects-internet-when-connected-modem.html
Relevancy 63.64%

laptop worked fine but now cant access internet even tho the 3g usb modem shows im connected 3.6mbs.tried ipconfig and it says media disconnected.if i ping it says request timed out.what should i do

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-access-internet-modem-shows-im-connected-281426.html
Relevancy 63.64%

gonna try to make this router Solved: to internet! Modem HELP!!! to router, but NO as easy to understand as possible my network is has been set up like this - cable comes from the wall into the modem - a line then goes from the modem to a D-Link Solved: Modem to router to router, but NO internet! HELP!!! wireless router this router supplied a few connections including - a line that went from the D-link to a Linksys WRT-GS wireless router this is the router my PC is hardwired too This network setup worked perfect i had ZERO issues days ago the router in the middle the D-link died i had a few other routers sitting around a linksys wrt-G and a TP-LINK wireless N i thought i would be able Solved: Modem to router to router, but NO internet! HELP!!! to just put one of these in the D-Link s place and i would be up and running again NOPE no matter what i do or try i can not get router to pick up an internet connection from whatever router is directly connected to the modem the router that is directly connected to the modem has internet no problems but that router will not sent the nd router the info it needs to get online as well SO im not sure what the problem is i have spent many hours messing around in the router setup pages for all routers changing IP s DNS s advanced routing options router mode or gateway mode releasing and renewing DHCP s resetting to factory defaults a lot of this stuff i dont understand i even tried swapping places with them to see if maybe one liked being the host more then another no dice is there some magic combination that i am missing here do i need to update firmware Was the D-Link that i used before just THAT special should i go buy another D-link PLEASE HELP i currently connected to the router that is directly connected to the modem so im fine but i need that nd router through the st router because i share this connection with others thank you nbsp

A:Solved: Modem to router to router, but NO internet! HELP!!!

i think i may have found my problem/solution. however im just starting to the process to find out if it will work. im still open to any help and suggestions anyone has for me.

the solution im trying is: to make sure both routers dont have the same IP address, and if they do, change the secondary router IP to something else.

i have learned that what im trying to do is called cascading.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-modem-to-router-to-router-but-no-internet-help.1078837/
Relevancy 63.21%

After installing Windows 10 today my WiFi will not connect. I have installed (Ralink RT3290 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adaptor) sp71571 and when i connect wifi it will say no internet secured plzzz suggest me how to fix this problem....

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-connected-but-say-no-internet-secured/td-p/5697957
Relevancy 63.21%

One day suddenly when I tried to connect to the internet to the same wifi hotspot which I generally use. The internet didn't work. Since then my laptop is connected tothe network but internet doesn't work.

ACER Windows 8.0
I obliged if anyone could help me.

Thanks

A:WiFi is connected but internet is not working

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, kaspersky or Mcafee or any free security suites like zonealarm, AVG , Webroot etc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-is-connected-but-internet-is-not-working.1158701/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi guys,

Bought my new Sony Vaio today that of course came with Windows 8. I have completed the setup and installed Norton 360 and Office and tried (unsuccessfully) to uninstall McAfee. Now when i boot up the computer the WI-FI connects (with a full, four bar connection) however, when i try and open IE or the store, I get a connection issue saying there is no internet access.

I am using the same Wi-fi network to post this on this forum, so it seems the issue must be on the Vaio side, what do you guys suggest?

A:WIFI Connected but no internet access

Can you connect by ethernet?

Why can't you uninstall McAfee? Did it get all tangled up with Norton? Tried the McAfee Removal Tool?

If/when you need to uninstall Norton Symantec has the Norton Removal Tool.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connected-but-no-internet-access.1077047/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have a Dell Latitude 520 with a netgear wireless router. I am showing a very good signal and that I am connected yet I can not use the internet.

Relevancy 63.21%

wifi is connected but no internet access

i domain user , proxy is enable
it is blocked

how can i disable proxy server

A:WIfI is connected but no internet access

and welcome to the Forum

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found, here's how

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type or copy and paste the following command:

ipconfig/all > 0 & notepad 0

and press enter.

Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/wifi-is-connected-but-no-internet-1117186.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Can anyone help me with my problem please. I have a netbook N150 on Windows 7 and have free wifi at home which was working fine until a few days ago. Now it says that it's connected but there is no internet access and will not connect to a homegroup either anymore which it was set on before.
Since this I have been able to connect at my mother in laws house with her wifi.
My partner has a laptop on Windows XP and the same has happened to his.
Any suggestions please?? Thank you.

A:Wifi connected but no internet access!!

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

What is the source of your Wifi? You need to contact whoever administrates the connection.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/wifi-connected-but-no-internet-access-833986.html
Relevancy 63.21%

It reports connected, no internet. This happened to a tp-link usb and a netgear, both new. Confusing.

Turns out, its a Windows 10 update. I tried both usb wifi adapters, editing the registry removing leftover entries between installs.

Still happened on both. Restored Windows 10 to before their critical update and the netgear usb wifi adaptrr (A6210) works. Be careful not to clean up after a Windows update as that can kill the restore possibility. Thanks Mickeysoft.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/53677-usb-wifi-adapter-connected-no-internet.html
Relevancy 63.21%

wifi is connected but no internet access

i domain user , proxy is enable
it is blocked

how can i disable proxy server

A:WIfI is connected but no internet access

and welcome to the Forum

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found, here's how

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type or copy and paste the following command:

ipconfig/all > 0 & notepad 0

and press enter.

Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/wifi-is-connected-but-no-internet-access-1117186.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello,
Recently I discovered I had Adpeakproxy exe virus on my Pc, so I went to malwaretips.com to learn how to exterminate it. I ddownloaded adwcleaner and ran it. Afterwards, my internet stop working even though my wifi is connected and stated I have internet access.
After I was "block" from my internet, I went to my programs to see if I had any other virus. i found I had Scorpion icon on my programs which I never seen before. i checked and found it was a malware. I proceedes to delete and elimate it using bleepingcomputer guide. Afterward I check my pc and the internet still doesnt work even though im connect and have internet access. Now Im really frustated.
Please help very much.

A:I can't access my internet even though my wifi is connected

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/518889 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/518889/i-cant-access-my-internet-even-though-my-wifi-is-connected/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello I have an Asus U JG with WIndows -bit This laptop is a month old to me and the wireless has been acting up since the day I got it will explain below I believe my home network is the problem I have a Linksys WRT G with WPA Personal encryption Multiple times a day my internet quits working Not Does Connected Internet but Stays WiFi even though Windows says it has full connection to my router To fix this I open command prompt and use quot ipconfig release quot WiFi Stays Connected but Internet Does Not and quot ipconfig renew quot This fixes the problem for me it may be a minute or a few hours The problem is very intermittent and only happens at my home which is why I believe it is my network However I changed the wireless channel to the only one around on that channel and tried different security settings My WiFi works flawlessly if I take my laptop to my friends house where he has a Netgear router I have also tried a brand new Cisco Router as well as a Netgear router at my house I ve re installed the driver twice and the same problem persists in Linux only I just have to disable enable wireless Does anyone have any ideas before I send this thing back to Asus Note When the internet quits working on my laptop it works on other devices so it is not the internet connection causing this And my internet is very slow when it is working on my laptop via wireless -Mooney nbsp