Windows Support Forum

Can't connect through wifi but have a connection through LAN

Q: Can't connect through wifi but have a connection through LAN

Hi all,

I have a problem that I can't connect through wifi in windows vista home premium, but I can using LAN or using wifi in ubuntu. Please if can anyone help as it is urgent to me.
@jobeard

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can't connect through wifi but have a connection through LAN

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Can't connect through wifi but have a connection through LAN

see this thread and supply that data in your follow-up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-through-wifi-but-have-a-connection-through-lan.205081/
Relevancy 65.36%

hi, i have an alienware m15x r2 which i recently upgraded to windows 8 through a clean install. everything works great except for the wireless, and i cannot for the life of me figure out whats run. ive tried about 10 different wifi points on campus and tried wirelessly tethering tommy phone and nothing works. the wireless card is a broadcom aw1397. also when i run ipconfig, it says there is no default gateway for the connection

A:Wifi does not connect, limited connection or cannot connect

Bump plz help

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/12320-wifi-does-not-connect-limited-connection-cannot-connect.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hey all I ve browsed wifi Cannot connection available to connect around this forum for hours looking for an answer to my problem Im currently trying to set up an old laptop MSI A ghz but i cannot connect to the internet at my home If i go to a friends house it connects within seconds I cannot ip config release renew because it says i cannot do so because my quot media state is disabled quot When i try to open up quot open network and sharing center quot gt Manage wireless networks its absolutely empty shows items at the bottom left Ive tried to update my drivers to my wireless adapter Artheros AR and is currently updated based on a factory reset i downloaded a zip file titled win Cannot connect to available wifi connection - -whql which seems to be Cannot connect to available wifi connection the latest version and when i did that the wifi bars had a huge red X on it and even if i hit the turn wifi button on and off it showed no available connections So i had to roll back my drivers so it d work again I know this question has been answered a zillion times but i cannot find out why it won t work I restarted my router and still will not work All cellphones gameconsoles and Imac works perfectly Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

Hello Sir,
I have Router model 3G/4G TL-MR3420,
I want to use it to share internet through WiFi, I can logon on that router to configure as Wifi name, Password and after that, i restart that Router and i tried to access internet through wifi, after that it's said no internet connection even it's know wifi name available.
Can you share me step by step please to configure it to get internet working through wifi?
I will give you more informations if you need.
Regards,

A:No internet connection when connect through wifi

VeasnaYim,
Welcome to Seven Forums!

First off, check to see if your internet indicator light on your router is on. If it is not, then it is the router that needs to be reconfigured. Otherwise, disconnect and reconnect to the router and see if that helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/321557-no-internet-connection-when-connect-through-wifi.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Can connect to wifi but no internet connection?

hello! I'm having a connection problem. I'm using a Compaq with windows vista. it will connect to my wireless router at home but has no internet connection. if i hook it up to the ether-net cable it works with no problem. i can take my computer to my sister witch has WiFi and it works with no problem.. i also have another identical computer that i use at home and i have no problem out of it.. its just old and beaten up. and i wanna use my newish laptop.. any help would be appreciated. im not good with computers so if you can walk me through it that would be awesome. my router is supplied by my internet provider.

A:Can connect to wifi but no internet connection?

Go to Start type in CMD locate cmd.exe right click on it then select "Run As Administrator" at the command prompt type in each command the hit enter.

Ipconfig /release
Ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /all

copy and paste the /all contents here.

Also shutdown your system. Unplug your modem and router wait about 3 minutes. Plug them back in what for all lights to stabilise. Power up the machine.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/can-connect-to-wifi-but-no-internet-connection-643582.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I know this is far less related to Windows issues a to away? wifi connection Connect 100 meters completely unrelated P and more related to hardware and such but anyway I am on an absolutely pathetic internet Connect to a wifi connection 100 meters away? connection of gb a month Internet in New Zealand was monopolised by Telecom and the industry went nowhere for years our speeds are stupid and the prices would be considered unacceptable in many countries Me and a friend do a lot of data sharing and he also hosts a minecraft server which uses a lot of internet Luckily for me he moved in houses down from me Our solution was going to be for me to connect to his wifi connection from my house and just to be safe from his end I would be restricted to his Lan network but not internet data P However after fruitless attempts to make a home made yagi antenna from everything from a fly cover for a large dish to a kitchen wok nothing worked and we ran short of ideas Does anyone know of a cheap way we could accomplish this We could buy a yagi antenna for those of you that don't know thats like long range wifi antenna but they aren't cheap and I was wondering if anyone knew of something else that might be more succesful Thanks

A:Connect to a wifi connection 100 meters away?

An ethernet cable functions up to 100m - maybe even a bit more. But maybe you cannot run it thru the neighbors yard.

The maximum range of an 'N' router is 250m outdoors and 70m indoors - maybe that is an option.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/216791-connect-wifi-connection-100-meters-away.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Sitting here at my desk in my truck with one of my computers connected to a hot spot, but IE won't connect. Just times out waiting for a reply. I can ping the IP with no loss. I have turned off my AVG Pro Firewall and Resident Shield. And done everything I know to do.

So I booted this computer, connected instantly, and sent this begging plee for help.

Both my computers run XP64 SP2, IE7, and use windows zero to control my connections.

I tell you what - just to say thank you - be the first to solve my problem before 5pm est on 2/12/09 and I will send $5.00 to your PayPal account.

A:IE wont connect despite wifi connection

A little more info:

I am a networking idiot, I know just enough to set them up.

After a reboot or two and some fiddling I got both computers on the internet, but then lost my LAN connection between the two computers. Another reboot and I can get one computer to see the other's shared files but not visa versa. The combination of connections seems to change randomly, which each reboot. Maybe it is an ip adress conflict, I have no idea.

Computer A
Wifi ip 192.168.2.9
Lan ip 192.168.0.1

Computer B
Wifi ip 192.168.2.4
Lan ip 192.168.0.236

And I still offer the first person to provide me with a solution $5, through PayPal, just for helping me out.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-wont-connect-despite-wifi-connection-345488.html
Relevancy 61.49%

my neices inspiron 1525 laptop has a wifi connection and hasnt been able to connect to the interenet for a cpl months. the wireless connection works. we had the charter cable guy come out and check it. he said its the computer. for some reason it has a connection but wont pull up the page online. what might that be? hardware issue? Please help! trying to help my sister out with her daughter on this one.

A:Cant connect to internet w/wifi connection! AHHHHHH

the wireless connection worksHow do you know?What browser do you use?Did you try another browser?Does same thing happen, when you hardwire laptop to the router/modem?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/303583/cant-connect-to-internet-wwifi-connection-ahhhhhh/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello.

I have a problem here. Everytime I connect to my WiFi, it looks like this:

It says "Internet Access", but I can't access any website. What is going on here? The only solution I find this so far is to turn off the Wi-Fi adapter then turn it on again. It makes me tired. Is there any solution available?

Oh yeah, I've tried updating the driver, but it says "Your Adapter is up to date".

Adapter: Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter

Thanks.

Regards,
Akip

A:WiFi Connection is Good But Can't Connect to the Internet

Try to troubleshoot it ? In notification area, bottom right, right click the network icon.Click Diagnose in WiFi Status from image you posted. Might need reset adapter. Which browsers any, IE too, see you use Mozilla ? What exactly does it say in browsers ? Try reset browser too.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/58328-wifi-connection-good-but-cant-connect-internet.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi can anyone help me out here . Reset my netgear modem yesterday and cannot connect to my wifi network with my laptop . It is seeing the network but a big red cross next to it and underneath it says the settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network Any help would be very much appreceited

A:Carn't connect laptop to wifi connection?

i suspect that maybe an issue with the wireless security, when you reset, did you enter a new wireless security key - try removing the wireless profiles on your PC - if the below does not work then we would like to see a lot more info - see further down post
Wireless Profiles
http://mgmcc.forumotion.net/networking-tutorials-f17/removing-an-existing-wireless-profile-t109.htm
- Vista:
http://www.tp-link.com/support/showfaq.asp?id=214
- delete the wireless profiles
Start
control Panel
classic view
network and sharing center
manage wireless networks

Delete the profiles
you will then have to enter the wireless security key for any networks you connect to
--

Wireless Profiles
http://mgmcc.forumotion.net/networking-tutorials-f17/removing-an-existing-wireless-profile-t109.htm
- XP
http://www.tp-link.com/support/showfaq.asp?id=186
- delete the preferred networks
start
control panel
network connections
right click on the wireless connection listed
wireless networks tab
in the preferred network list
click on each one and - remove button

you will then have to enter the wireless security key for any networks you connect to
------------------------------------------------------------------------

We need to have information please.

- Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)
- Make and Exact model of Router, Modem or router/modem combination
- Make and Exact model of all PCs and Laptops
- How are the PCs / Laptops connected - full details - cable, wireless
- What windows version or other OS are running on each laptop Xp, Vista, 7, ubuntu etc
- Are there any other machines working - if so please provide details
- Do you have a Firewall - if so it may be blocking access - what firewall / security program do you have ?
- If using wireless, do you have Encryption - if so, Remove any wireless encryption from the router, and try to connect - post back results
- If using wireless encryption, try deleting the wireless profiles - post back results
- Most laptops have a wireless switch - some a physical switch other use a combination of the FN key + one of the F key to toggle on/off - make sure this is on
- If you have a router and seperate modem and NONE of the computers you have can connect, then connecting directly to the modem to eliminate the router for testing.
- Post back the status of all the modem and/or router lights - are they correct ?
- Try booting into safe mode with networking, to do that tap F8 as the PC boots and choose from menu - post back the results here
- Try doing a system restore to a date before the problem start - post the result here

{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
{Ping Tests}

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
en... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/carnt-connect-laptop-to-wifi-connection.911243/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi HP Community and Experts, I experienced difficulties to connect to any WIFI connection after reformat my laptop.Previously, Im running this laptop with Windows 7 Ultimate, but now I bought Windows 7 Professional.All drivers were functioned properly. However, this laptop was no longer able to connect to WIFI, only LAN cable can work. Windows diagnosed, the problem was suspected due to wireless adapter problem.Current driver that I used was Ralink Technology, Corp. v3.1.5.2 And this the Hardware Ids:PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3090&SUBSYS_30901814&REV_00PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3090&SUBSYS_30901814PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3090&CC_028000PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3090&CC_0280 Can you guys please help me.thank you very much

A:HP Mini 110-3004Tu Cannot Connect to WIFI Connection

Hi: See if installing this updated driver works for you...  5.0.5.0(19 Nov 2012) This package contains the driver installation package for the Ralink Wireless LAN Controllers in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp59501-60000/sp59828.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Mini-110-3004Tu-Cannot-Connect-to-WIFI-Connection/td-p/5762635
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi only 8 Windows connection Will - connect not to wifi wired I'm alright with technology but I've come across a problem I cannot solve About two weeks ago I turned my laptop on and everything went blank it couldn't read my drives no data nothing After rebooting it a few times with a lot of swearing and Windows 8 - Will not connect to wifi only wired connection threatening Windows 8 - Will not connect to wifi only wired connection to chuck it out of the window eventually everything came back HOWEVER since that night I have been unable to have a stable wireless connection I have even reset my laptop to a factory setting I then sent it away to get repaired and I'm still having the same issue I've spent about two hours on the phone with my ISP but all of my other devices such as phone and iPad connect to the internet fine although it does drop randomly every now and then I have a perfect connection when it is wired and works at a very good speed but if I try to connect to wifi it either says 'Unable to connect to this network' or 'limited' internet connection My wifi also works to my ps and I'm able to stream videos without any annoying buffering The make is Lenovo and the model is Z It's about a year and a half old Is my wifi card if there is one broken Can I just buy a USB port dongle that will connect to the internet Or is there a magical cure

A:Windows 8 - Will not connect to wifi only wired connection

Lenovo g580 wifi fix wach this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vWr7v62SD58

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/54665-windows-8-will-not-connect-wifi-only-wired-connection.html
Relevancy 61.49%

DISCLAIMER This is my first post so I apologize Wifi, Connection no Internet Devices to but Connect for any mistakes I make Hello all Yesterday morning upon waking up I discovered that the Wifi in my house was no longer working It had worked fine Devices Connect to Wifi, but no Internet Connection the day before but stopped working completely overnight At first I thought it might have been Charter Communications My ISP throttling the internet due to our bandwidth My Mom watches a TON of Netflix But the internet works fine with our two home desktops It is the same connection but devices such as my iPhone Nexus iPad iPhone etc are unable to get internet access They are able to connect to the wifi and you are able to see the bars but when trying to connect to the internet you get a network error message To try to fix this problem I ran measurmentlab test for throttling my virus scan McAfee and malwarebytes I was unable to see any noticeable change in my problem I am hoping someone might know what I am doing wrong but I haven't been able to find a thread that has helped me out thus far Thanks for reading Nick

A:Devices Connect to Wifi, but no Internet Connection

Welcome to Seven Forums,

Sorry for the late reply, have you resolved this issue? If not, start of with a Power Cycle if you have not done this yet.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/350192-devices-connect-wifi-but-no-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 61.06%

This alas is a very well known and oft posted problem www WiFi 3GS Can't to connect to get connection Home iPhone Apple PC whirlpool Can't get Apple iPhone 3GS to connect to Home PC WiFi connection com au and appears unresolvable Basically my Iphone - sitting on top of the router - will not consistantly connect AND maintain the connection If I keep at it over and over again it will eventually connect but then lose same in a matter of a few Can't get Apple iPhone 3GS to connect to Home PC WiFi connection seconds As this NETGEAR modem also handles my wife s PC and a laptop without any problems I have to believe it is in the iPhone settings that the problem exists OK I have done the following Done a factory reset on the NETGEAR modem Reset the iPhone to factory Yuck Reset over and over again the NETWORK SETTINGS on the iPhone Set up quot another quot network with NETGEAR to see if the default one it finds is quot faulty quot Pretty well done everything that has been suggested on the www whirlpool forums where as above thias is a very common problem all to no avail Everything points to a weak poor or broken NETGEAER conection but the little connection ICON comes in loud and clear and when I do finally get a connection it works fine - for a few seconds The iPhone worked well on this exact system setup after purchase and it is only in the last few weeks that it has gone bad Wonder if I reset the phone back to original via iTunes if that would work nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-apple-iphone-3gs-to-connect-to-home-pc-wifi-connection.850164/
Relevancy 61.06%

My laptop, windows 7, is telling me there are no connections available. My iPad and phone are connected. I've removed my wifi network and replaced it, I've restarted my laptop, I've deleted other networks...suggestions? Thank you.

Relevancy 61.06%

We have a Dell Lattitude connect share 8.1 Cannot on or login Windows connection before WiFi E running Windows Professional Cannot share WiFi connection or connect before login on Windows 8.1 connected to an Active Directory domain The laptop has the latest drivers and BIOS including the driver for its Dell Wireless b g n Ghz adapter At the login screen we can connect to our wireless network which uses WPA nbsp with AES encryption to allow loading roaming profiles However we have to type in the key for the network every time because clicking quot Connect Automatically quot doesn't work before login Upon logging in to the machine the wifi connection is broken and we have to manually nbsp reconnect even though the profile Cannot share WiFi connection or connect before login on Windows 8.1 for the connection exists and it is not necessary to re-type the key for the connection Again quot Connect Automatically quot does not work In addition the wireless connection cannot be shared it's indicator for quot Network Availability quot is always quot Me only quot Also the network status on the quot View Network Settings quot pop-out is always quot Limited quot even though its status in the Network Connections window is quot Internet Access quot and quot Domain Network quot and the icon in the notification area is the one used for wired networks nbsp instead of nbsp the stair-step icon for wireless networks Things I have tried Deleting the profile for the wireless network for all users of the machine and reconnecting Updating the driver In fact I updated several drivers and nbsp the BIOS Deleting the adapter from Device Manager and reinstalling it Deleting all profiles under HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft WcmSvc and HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT NetworkList Profiles Other Dell laptops including one of the same model do not have this problem nbsp Once I set up a connection to the wifi network using an administrator account the nbsp connection on those other machines is established before login I must solve this problem since we don't give the wireless key to users but they can't nbsp load their roaming profiles if they're not connected before logging in nbsp If anyone has any ideas about how to fix this I'll be grateful

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9e929c92-ca8f-4b26-8cc4-f9b3682d6592/cannot-share-wifi-connection-or-connect-before-login-on-windows-81?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 61.06%

Computer Lenovo Y Wifi Card Intel WiFi link AGN OS Vista Home Premium Router Cable Box SMC WG Brand new out of the box Connecting using the windows wifi tool I have uninstalled the free norton trial can cause complication as told allow connect wont wifi but unsecure Can secure to connection be lenovo tech support uninstalled the lenovo wifi manager as told by tech support can also cause issues tried to disable windows firewall Can connect to unsecure but wont allow secure wifi connection tried to manually add the network in the quot manage wireless networks quot tab It will allow me to connect to unsecure networks wirelessly without any problems but wont connect to my WPA password protected network Im using the correct password its then saying windows its taking longer to connect then normal then I try the windows auto resolve tool with no success When I plug into router with ethernet cable I can connect without any problems This is driving me CRAZY and I have run out of options My network is working fine as I am connected to it wireless with other devices iphone netbook My roomate using a HP can connect flawlessly his laptop has the exact same wifi card as mine and I double checked that my device properties settings are the same as his as well as the driver PLEASE HELP nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

Hi folks Unable my connection to with Wifi Ethernet or through connect internet the machine is Samsung NP e a installed with windows bit Unable to connect with my internet connection by any means wifi or ethernet One of the senior member of this forum sent Unable to connect with my internet connection through Wifi or Ethernet me a link of Unable to connect with my internet connection through Wifi or Ethernet drivers I uploaded all the drivers again and again The Unable to connect with my internet connection through Wifi or Ethernet laptop has no error message in Control Panels except the D video adaptor which I think isn t related Here is the detail of Network Adaptors installed Bluetooth device personal area network Bluetooth device TDI protocol RFCOMM Realtek PCI GBE family controller Intel Centrino Wireless N Microsoft Virtual minport adaptor Microsoft Virtual minport adaptor I tried to connect via ethernet but it doesn t detect the cable I checked the same cable and router with other computer and its working Wifi networks are available tried to connect my network it asks for password and then gives the message window Windows could not connect to my network The wifi network is working with three other devices One more strange thing bluetooth is also not working although its drivers are showing no error but that I doesn t require at the moment Please help

A:Unable to connect with my internet connection through Wifi or Ethernet

again i will tell you to do the same thing i tell others in same situation. In addition to the driver downloads; try power cycling the modem and router. Unplug the power to both the modem and router and wait about a minute or so; then plug the modem back in first and let that fully boot; then plug the router back in and let that fully boot. Post back if that does not solve the issue; or mark this thread solved if it has.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/327564-unable-connect-my-internet-connection-through-wifi-ethernet.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a netgear router(maybe my first problem). My phone and kindle get a great wifi signal but the computer itself has zero signal and cant connect to the internet. Can anyone please help????

A:devices connect to wifi but puter has no internet connection

If the computer is running Windows ...

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If your only email accounts are free (Hotmail, gmail, etc.) try this direct link. If you need help with a screen shot see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 8 or 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/devices-connect-to-wifi-but-puter-has-no-internet-connection.1115365/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi, haven't been here for a long time! I'm currently having a problem with using WiFi on Windows 8. I can't seem to connect to the internet at all over WiFi. Previously I randomly had issues where my internet connection would randomly drop off. After trying to reset TCP/IP and reinstalling the network drivers I found I could not connect over the internet at all. Ethernet works perfectly fine, but I don't have an Ethernet connection to run to the room I use my laptop in. Does anyone have any ideas? I have an Acer Aspire 7736g with an Intel WiFi Link 5100 AGN according to Device Manager.

A:WiFi internet connection issue (cannot connect to interne)

What type of router are you using, brand model, type of security and encryption etc.?

Can you post a screen shot of the ipconfig/all from this machine?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/30717-wifi-internet-connection-issue-cannot-connect-interne.html
Relevancy 60.2%

My laptop is reading a full WiFi signal from my router I am currently connected to the router via Ethernet on the same laptop I ve been reading tons of old threads to troubleshoot this I m at a loss I have used this current networking hardware for more than a year without any problems I do have a pretty old router but my iPod connects to the WiFi no problem at the moment Here s what I ve tried so far - soft reset of router - power cycle modem and router - removed saved network information from the laptop - hard reset of router - ip release renew - dns flush - tcp ip reset - uninstalled reinstalled drivers for wireless card - system restore I have supplied an ipconfig all report the usual ping tests that I see requested and I have attached a screenshot of Xirrus Thank you kindly for the help Here is my IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name lt lt EDITED FOR PRIVACY gt gt Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Laptop Connection 7 Connect Solved: Win Unable Wifi Full to to Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Solved: Win 7 Laptop Unable to Connect to Full Wifi Connection Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -D - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - - - E-B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Solved: Win 7 Laptop Unable to Connect to Full Wifi Connection Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d c f debc f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday January PM Lease Expires Monday January PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -E -F -A - - - - E-B - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap A D D-BCCE- -B EA- BA ED Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d ab c bc ddca Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe c bc ddca Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface E B -AB - DD - - D EC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C B AD -DAFE- F E- A A- B FF AA E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ping Tests Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Pinging google com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

We have a Dell Lattitude E running Windows Professional connected to an Cannot on WiFi share auto-connect Windows 8.1 login locally or connection before Active Directory domain The laptop has the latest drivers and BIOS including the driver for its Dell Wireless b g n Ghz adapter At the login screen we can connect to our wireless network which uses WPA nbsp with AES encryption to allow loading roaming profiles However we have to type in the key for the network every time because clicking quot Connect Automatically quot doesn't Cannot share WiFi connection locally or auto-connect before login on Windows 8.1 work before login Upon logging in to the machine the wifi connection is broken and we have to manually nbsp reconnect even though the profile for the connection exists and it is not necessary to re-type the key for the connection Again quot Connect Automatically quot does not work In addition the wireless connection cannot be shared it's indicator for quot Network Availability quot is always quot Me only quot Also the network status on the quot View Network Settings quot pop-out is always quot Limited quot even though its status in the Network Connections window is quot Internet Access quot and quot Domain Network quot and the icon in the notification area is the one used for wired networks nbsp instead of nbsp the stair-step icon for wireless networks Things I have tried Assuring that the WLAN AutoConfig service is running Deleting the Cannot share WiFi connection locally or auto-connect before login on Windows 8.1 profile for the wireless network for all users of the machine and reconnecting Updating the driver In fact I updated several drivers and nbsp the BIOS Deleting the adapter from Device Manager and reinstalling it Disabling all network devices in Device Manager except the wifi adapter Deleting all profiles under HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft WcmSvc and HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT NetworkList Profiles Running SFC SCANNOW and DISM Disabling the wifi adapter's power management Enabling the wifi adapter's power management Resetting the nbsp TCP IP stack I have not as yet tried dropping the notebook out of a th floor window but I'm getting there Other Dell laptops including one of the same model do not have this problem nbsp Once I set up a connection to the wifi network using an administrator account the nbsp connection on those other machines is established before login I must solve this problem since we don't give the wireless key to users but they can't nbsp load their roaming profiles if they're not connected before logging in nbsp If anyone has any ideas about how to fix this I'll be grateful

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9e929c92-ca8f-4b26-8cc4-f9b3682d6592/cannot-share-wifi-connection-locally-or-autoconnect-before-login-on-windows-81?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 56.76%

About a week ago, our cable internet connection went out. Before I had a chance to reboot the modem & router, my 11 year old decided to completely reset the router to factory settings! Ugh! This caused several issues: my home network is now gone, only a unsecured factory network is available. When I try to plug my laptop into the router via ethernet cord (in order to login to router and setup secure network) my computer will not recognize the router and won't connect to internet. I tried troubleshooting with my cable provider and they say it's in my computer (IP address will not reset) and he recommended I replace my network card. However, today when I brought my laptop to work, it will instantly recognize the wifi at work. So is it really my network card that is causing issues? Please help, I'm desperate and not tech too tech savvy!

Details:
Linksys wireless router
Charter cable modem
Hp pavillion dv6 laptop with Windows Vista OS

A:Laptop won't connect to home wifi but will connect to work wifi

Did you figure this out?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-connect-to-home-wifi-but-will-connect-to-work-wifi.204978/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a desktop that is able to have wifi it's a adapter dell 1450 UBS Wireless 802.11a/b/g it works so does the router which is a Cisco Linsky E 1000 it shows um that it works I'm getting packet but I just can't seem to connect I don't understand it says that I am connected but I cannot get on the internet what am I doing wrong please help my desktop is compaq hp with wireless capability help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-make-my-android-with-wifi-3g-connect-my-desktop-router-and-wifi-adapter.1085239/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello fellas i need to connect my dumb Xbox to connect to to modem--->not Solved: live!!! wifi able laptop+wifi xbox360+USB live for it does not play any movies and asks to connect to live that i am unable to do OKey here is the plit- gt i have a usb modem that i connect into my laptop wihch has wifi n all that now i create an adhoc n w first on lapi--the xbox detects and connects but still test connection fails the xbox is unable to connect to the adhoc n w second i Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!! tried creating a adhoc n w on my xbox-- gt lapi connects to that n w but still the test conncetion fails on the xbox I have checked quot Allow users to use this n w quot for my USB modem connection which i use to connect to Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!! the internet In Properties-- gt Sharing But here it asks to select the n w connection out of options Wireless conn Wireless conn Local Area Conn Sometimes it shows only Wileless Conn and LAN i tried every possible combination of all these settings but nothing is working The internet on my laptop works fine I am using Win Home Premium I just need to connect my Xbox to my laptop wirelessely and use the internet connection my laptop is using i tried some manual settings of ip subnet n dns server on my xbox n lapi in this case the xbox connects to the network while connection test but does not connects to laptop HELP guys nbsp

A:Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-laptop-wifi-xbox360-usb-modem-not-able-to-connect-to-live.1032051/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi All,

I am new to this forum..few day agai got to know that I can make my Windows 7 Laptop a HotSpot via Virtual WiFi...so I tried to make my laptop hotspot and the same can be detected from my iPhone also...i can connect connect iPhone to my laptop...but i cant access any internet..
i have also tried putting off my firewall but with no use....
can somebody help me out with the same?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-iphone-via-wifi-from-windows-7-virtual-wifi-laptop.971585/
Relevancy 51.6%

Okay so my desktop is connected to the network by wifi to the wireless N plus B and G router It connects to the internet fine and dandy Possible iPhone's the connected that net? computer is to connect wifi to wifi by to My iPhone can connect to the router but drops the wifi signal most of the time It doesn t seem Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net? to want to hold the connection because of either distance Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net? or interference from the wall or whatever What Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net? I want is to connect the iPhone s wifi to the computer for a stronger connection But I don t want to move the router because it s centrally located and my office is kinda further away from it Equipment computer n wireless USB adapter connected to computer g wireless PCI adapter connected to computer n router connected to internet iPhone with b g connectivity Is it possible to do this I know what people have done it with one wired connection and a wireless connection from the computer But can it be done with TWO wireless adapters connected to the computer Thanks in advance for any replies PS I know it d be easier to just use the computer to browse the internet since I d be in the office anyway but I work as a D modeler and alot of times I m testing renders for scenes and such and can t stop the render without losing the progress If I browse while it s rendering it s possible I can crash the computer because of the heavy resources the D engine is already using nbsp

A:Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net?

Doesn't hurt (except maybe your time) to try. Get an ad-hoc wireless network working between computer and iPhone (using dynamic addressing). Then in Network Connections bridge the two wireless connections.

If it doesn't work, show the following for the computer before you bridge and when you have the bridge.

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-to-connect-iphones-wifi-to-computer-that-is-connected-by-wifi-to-the-net.810596/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a HP Notebook 15. I restarted my laptop this morning and when it came back on, all options for connecting to the internet via WiFi were gone. I am able to connect to the internet via ethernet cable, and everything works this way.There are no options whatsoever to connect to WiFi or reset the connection or anything, however the WiFi itself is working because other devices in the house are connected to it. I followed a HP technical support online page, which provided step-by-step instructions of various ways to reconnect to WiFi but nothing worked. I tried restarting the computer, updating the driver software, making sure it wasn't in airplane mode, and troubleshooting. Nothing worked. What should I try next?

A:Unable to find Wifi adapter - Cannot connect to WiFi

Hi @jgkelly2, Welcome to HP Forums! I understand that wireless connection stopped working on your laptop. I want to help. Please run the Component test - Wireless Module to verify if the wireless network adapter is functioning well.HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 8) If the test failed, the wireless adapter needs to be replaced. Let me know if you need further assistance. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos.  Regards, 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Unable-to-find-Wifi-adapter-Cannot-connect-to-WiFi/td-p/5590193
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi there,

I have a new problem that has just cropped up today. I am no longer able to connect to public wifi or my phone's wireless hotspot. My laptop either will not connect or connect with limited access. It has connected without issue in the past and as soon as I returned home it connected to my wifi here.

What I did notice is I am connected to an unidentified network with no internet access in addition to my home wireless network:
Specs:
Acer Aspire S7 392
Windows 8.1 64 bit
Intel Dual Band Wireless 7260 (driver updated)
Disabled my firewall and antivirus

I just connected to my phone's hotspot again and here is what I am coming up with:
Attachment 57082

And when I run ipconfig/renew
Attachment 57083

Any ideas what could be causing this?

A:Can only connect to home wifi - no public/hotspot wifi

What Internet Security software are you using? Are you using any third party software to manage network connections?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/60701-can-only-connect-home-wifi-no-public-hotspot-wifi.html
Relevancy 51.6%

HiHad this laptop for a few weeks now and never had trouble connecting to wifi at home. But today I am unable to connect to wifi and I did a troubleshoot and it says that the problem is - 'WiFi doesn't have a valid IP configuration'I know the problem is my laptop and not the wifi as it is working fine on my iPad.Can someone help please?Thanks,Dee

A:Can't connect to wifi - 'wifi doesn't have a valid IP config...

Hi there @Dee85 Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that you are having troubles with connecting to your home network; I am happy to help. Have you tried connecting to a different network with this notebook?Does the wifi (available connections) show up on your notebook at all?Have you tried resetting your wireless router? The error you are getting sounds like the router is not passing on a local IP address to your notebook. The problem could be on either side of that. Try working through these.Troubleshooting wireless network and Internet (Windows 8)Also, you can look at the power management for your wireless adapter:Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)2. Expand the Network adapters.3. Right click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.4. Click the Power Management tab.5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.6. Click OK.7. Test. Forget the network: (Windows 8)1. Press Windows Key + C2. Click Settings.3. Click Change PC settings.4. Click Network on the left.5. Click Manage known networks.6. Click the network name.7. Click Forget.Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.Reinstall the network adapter drivers:1. Download the drivers from here but do not run them yet.2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.3. Expand Network adapters.4. Right click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.6. Restart your PC and test.Test an ethernet connection:Self explanatory. Test if the issue persists on a wired connection to rule out the wireless adapter hardware so troubleshooting can be directed towards the right areas.Test another connection:Many people rule out their home network as an issue if another device is working on the same network. Networking is not that simple. Each device interacts differently with your router or modem and it is impossible to rule out settings in that device until the notebook has been tested on another network. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-t-connect-to-wifi-wifi-doesn-t-have-a-valid-IP/td-p/4902561
Relevancy 51.6%

Wifi doesn't connect when i move away from wifi router. I have a wifi router installed in my drawing room where i get good browsing speed on phones and laptops. But the problem starts when i take my laptop from drawing room to my bedroom which is not more than 5 mtrs from router. Wifi signal drops to zero on laptop whereas it remains decent on phones. Earlier my laptop used to connect in bedroom as well..This is happening lately. Is there any solution?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-doesn-t-connect-when-i-move-away-from-wifi-router/td-p/5768546
Relevancy 50.74%

I've had experience this problem for a while now on my newly built windows rig Every few hours my Wifi simply stops working the connection is lost Sometimes it reconnects after a minute or so Most of the time I would need to manually disable enable the wifi adapter in my Network Settings to get it back up again It happened with a relatively expensive adapter that I bought not to long ago - Netgear A USB dual-band wifi adapter I found 2 hours (tested adapters) loses connection wifi on every Wifi diff few a thread about this issue here I've not been able to resolve it with any of the tips provided including downloading a generic rd party Mediatek driver I've used this same adapter without Wifi loses connection every few hours (tested on 2 diff wifi adapters) this problem on my older Win machine I thought maybe this adapter quot went bad quot So I tried to replace this adapter with an older Wifi adapter made by Rosewill using older Rosewill drivers The same issue occurs Again this Rosewill adapter worked perfectly in my Win system So I have a hunch the problem is Windows itself Does it not place nicely with existing or older wifi adapters on the market Would I need to buy a new adapter specifically certified for Windows Anyone have any insights on this would be greatly appreciated

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/53944-wifi-loses-connection-every-few-hours-tested-2-diff-wifi-adapters.html
Relevancy 50.74%

guys i have a strange problem with my WiFi lately
yesterday the my laptop lost the connection to my WiFi modem and when i tried to search it my laptop not find any WiFi modem but the other device such as: my smartphone detect it normally. but after that, i tried windows troubleshooting and it found that "you've lost your internet connect" and suggest some way to solve this problem, i followed the instruction and voila, my internet connection appear again but next 4 hours, it's dead again, i went to troubleshooting and it worked fine again.
so guys please help me to solve this annoying problem...
thanks before

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-suddenly-lost-wifi-connection-and-cant-detect-wifi.1108989/
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm running 8.1. In some hotels I access their wifi and the icon says connected, but its not. No splash screen or anything. Other hotels and places I connect without any trouble when the icon says connected. What can I do? I deleted previous connections
that I will not use again.

Thank you.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0c54b3d8-8db7-4c83-8310-26720ff69f46/unable-to-connect-in-some-hotels-even-though-the-wifi-icon-says-connected-but-can-connect-fine-in?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 50.74%

I am totally disappointed with Asus. The problem remains unresolved after almost more than 2 years.

I hv tried all the methods mentioned at :

http://support.asus.com/Troubleshoo...en&p=3&m=A43SD&s=310&hashedid=n/a&os=&no=1773

I really regret why I purchased Asus at first place. The experience has been so much frustrating and waste of money, time and energy.

DEAR ASUS YOU SHOULD NOT BE MAKING/ SELLING A PRODUCT OF SUCH AN INFERIOR QUALITY".

TOTALLY RIDICULOUS & DISGUSTING.

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi All,

Win8:
I have two wifi APs in the home and I have it all set up so that one is the Internet by cell phone tether and the other is the cabled network via the router wifi.

Works just fine - except.

On wifi 1, Internet I have it set for "Connect automatically" which at boot up it does.

On wifi 2, Network I also have it set for "Connect automatically" which at boot up it does NOT do. I have to go in and connect manually even though the "Connect automatically" is checked.

It seems win8 sees "Connect automatically"and does it but then stops checking other connections. Probably a "feature."

Is there some way to force both "Connect automatically" to happen?

Thanks

A:Wifi Auto-Connect to two-wifi APs, problem

There is a group policy setting for this, but even if both are connected you will only be using one of those connections at a time.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/45509-wifi-auto-connect-two-wifi-aps-problem.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Latitude E running Windows Was working fine and then days ago the wifi dropped and won't go back on When I boot up the wifi icon shows wifi to a Can't Wifi shows any red more. icon x. connect black and white with the little asterisk I can click on it and see my network and my neighbors all showing up fine However after I click to try to join the network it thinks for a bit and then says Can't connect to this network Even if I put Can't connect to wifi any more. Wifi icon shows a red x. in the wrong passcode I get the same error so it's Can't connect to wifi any more. Wifi icon shows a red x. never getting far enough to even validate that After I click Close to that the Wifi icon then shows with a red white x I can then no longer see any wifi networks available at all After a minute or so the red white 'x' goes away and I can then try again but get the exact same results The network card that was in the laptop DW didn't technically have a Windows driver from Dell so I took a card from a different laptop that is supported DW but it has the exact same results I also tried connecting to a different wifi and got the exact same results Anyone have any idea what might be causing this or how I can fix it My other laptops phones Fire TV stick etc can all connect to the router just fine The laptop was just reimaged a week or so ago and worked fine for a few days before this happened Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/65842-cant-connect-wifi-any-more-wifi-icon-shows-red-x.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi i recently upgraded from vista to Windows 7. The wifi icon that detects wifi is missing....

Using speccy it says that wifi has not been enabled....how do i enable it? Any Ideas?

I have visited the Packard Bell website to update drivers but the only info I have on the model is Notebook ZH7 but amazingly there is no refernece to this model on their site. I have downloaded and scanned and installed drivers from Device Doctor but still no joy...

How on earth can I connect to the internet? Any ideas? THANKS

A:No wifi icon at a loss to connect by wifi

hi is there not a button the top of the keyboard that turns wireless on or off?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/130786-no-wifi-icon-loss-connect-wifi.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I'm a new Plusnet customer and I cannot connect to the internet using wifi I just get a page saying the broadband is down. So I tried using an ethernet cable and after manually setting this up I can use the internet. I accidentally disconnected the cable yesterday but the internet didn't fault, it's now working wirelessly. I can connect to the wifi using my mobile and iPad but I cannot connect to the internet. A new router has been sent and the problem still persists, a bt engineer has also visited but cannot find a solution.

Can anybody please help me?

A:I can't connect to wifi but connect with an Ethernet cable works, even when it isn't plugged in

It gets confusing as to which device is being used so as a guideline
disable one or the other (wifi vs wired) and don't allow both to be active at the same time. Technically, which ever device gets an IP address from your router will become the gateway to your ISP - - ignoring the connectivity of the second device to access your router.

With a laptop, we just toggle the keyboard to enable/disable wifi and the wired is easy - - just pull the cable out.

create a desktop shortcut to \windows\system32\devmgmt.msc
to control the devices (needs admin access)
expand [+] network adapters and you'll see the list
mine are

Dell Wireless 1502 ....
Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
Just right-click->disable and you can always right-click->enable

The png posted shows both are enabled and the wired has the gateway.
If the cable is disconnected, this is quite impossible.

SO, first control which device is to be used and then make the connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-connect-to-wifi-but-connect-with-an-ethernet-cable-works-even-when-it-isnt-plugged-in.204891/
Relevancy 50.31%

This is the idea, I have DVR for CCTV and I need to configure it for port forwarding, and since it has only LAN connection it is not possible to connect in pocket wifi, so i used to have a wireless router since it has a LAN connection. But I do not know how to do this connection as the wireless router to be a bridge in my pocket wifi to DVR, Anyone know how to do this? Thanks!

A:How to connect pocket wifi to wireless router, to connect the dvr for cctv?

I'm not at all sure I understand. Are you trying to use the wireless router as a Wireless Bridge (to connect to the pocket wifi via wireless and the DVR via ethernet)? If so, does the router have wireless bridge (or AP Client) mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-connect-pocket-wifi-to-wireless-router-to-connect-the-dvr-for-cctv.1140640/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi, I have purchased hp-15-ba025au yesterday. After installing Windows 10 64 bit, I found that wifi is missing.  I am not seeing Wifi under device manager. Though I can see bluetooth. I am seeing one "Network Controller" under "Other devices". Not sure if it would help. Cheers,Dharmender 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:hp-15-ba025au wifi adapter and wifi connection missing

Hi: The parts list for your notebook indicates it comes with a Realtek RTL8723BE-VB 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combination WLAN adapter. http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=X5Q25PA Below are the links to the wireless and bluetooth drivers you need for that model wlan card... This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. File name: sp75613.exe This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek Bluetooth in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. File name: sp75614.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/hp-15-ba025au-wifi-adapter-and-wifi-connection-missing/td-p/5693227
Relevancy 50.31%

Although I am connected to our but No 13 ... internet Wifi Wifi on via Folio laptop connection wireless network on the Folio there is no internet connection I can however connect to the internet via Wifi on two other household laptops both of them HP so I believe the problem is with the Folio itself I can also connect to other computers on the network on the Folio but something is preventing it from getting on the internet I can only get the internet via hardwired ethernet connection on the Folio I have tried the following fixes multiple times No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ... without success nbsp -Run the Windows troubleshooter for Internet Network It says the connection between your access point router or cable modem and the internet is broken But not on other wifi computers here--works fine -Reboot Reset the modem -Disable Renable the wifi adapter Intel Centrino Wireless N -Update wifi No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ... adapter driver it says driver is up to date -Uninstall reinstall wifi adapter-Remove Wifi Network from list of available networks reboot add this network back in-Roll back all No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ... Windows updates from the past month-Searched self-help forums for a possible solution nbsp And yes the wifi keyboard light is blue not orange nbsp Can someone help please

A:No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ...

Hi A visual reference point... From your description the fault is either with an app or hardware issue.  But if you follow the paths you may actually find the correct resolution. AAND I doubt I can can come up with anything new, but confirmation of the settings from your description, may help me to. So as an administrator, in a Command Prompt window (or copy and paste the whole netfixer.bat) short version... C:\WINDOWS\system32>getmacPhysical Address    Transport Name=================== ============================================48-E2-44-54-66-27   \Device\Tcpip_{F5FF31F1-C343-42B0-B6A9-BD17E49ED64C}B0-5A-DA-DE-84-28   Media disconnected48-E2-44-54-66-28   Media disconnected 1x Wi-FI, 1 x B/Tooth & 1 x Ethernet ----------------------------------------C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh wlan show interfacesThere is 1 interface on the system:    Name                   : WiFi 2    Description            : Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter    GUID                   : f5ff31f1-c343-42b0-b6a9-bd17e49ed64c    Physical address       : 48:e2:44:54:66:27    State                  : connected    SSID                   : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX    BSSID                  : 10:0d:7f:cf:2b:da    Network type           : Infrastructure    Radio type             : 802.11n    Authentication         : WPA2-Personal    Cipher                 : CCMP    Connection mode        : Auto Connect    Channel                : 11    Receive rate (Mbps)    : 72    Transmit rate (Mbps)   : 72    Signal                 : 87%    Profile                : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-----------------------------------------------------------You can swap interfaces for drivers and settings, if you so choose. ------------------------------------------------------------- :: NetFixer.bat, Copy, Paste & Save As...:: Use a text editor (Notepad). Then edit:: the file, EG-Remove the :: in front of:: ::ipconfig -all >>IP.txt to make a txt:: file called IP.txt to read thru later.:: Run as Administrator for best [email protected] THIS MAY HELP TO REPAIR / RECTIFY,@ECHO VERY, SIMPLE NETWORK [email protected]@ECHO THE RESULTS MAY VARY ACCORDING [email protected] YOUR CONFIGURATION AND USER [email protected] A RE-BOOT MUST BE DONE AFTER [email protected] SOME OF THE CHECKS OPTIONED [email protected]:[email protected] TYPE IN YOUR PREFERRED MENU [email protected]@[email protected] 0 - PING_LO Ping test to [email protected] 1 - PING_MS Ping test to [email protected] 2 - GET_MAC Obtain MAC address(es)@ECHO 3 - GET_IPs Lists all IP [email protected] 4 - IP... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/No-internet-connection-on-Folio-13-laptop-via-Wifi-but-Wifi/td-p/5613506
Relevancy 49.88%

Just to start off I am COMPLETELY clueless and have no tech savvy whatsoever so simple language would be appreciated I ve owned this laptop for a little over a year and all this time I ve been able to connect to Wifi without a problem This morning the icon at the bottom left of but Laptop with Ethernet will Wifi, won't cord an to My connect connect the screen told me there was no Internet connection available when I troubleshot it it suggested using the Ethernet cord to connect The Ethernet cord connects them fine and the internet connection becomes available but I m still unable to use the Wifi This is an issue with my laptop because all the other devices My Laptop won't connect to Wifi, but will connect with an Ethernet cord in my house are able to connect to the Wifi and the modem is showing all the appropriate lights and such I ve tried turning it off and on again but alas this once that method has failed I ve also tried resetting the modem and it made no difference Last night I was uninstalling various programs that I didn t need and that s the only thing I ve done differently to my usual computing habits I don t think I removed anything unless I knew what it was but it s possible I accidently removed something important I don t know if that has any relevance or not but it s all I can think of as the reason for this My laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio and the system I use is Windows My modem is Telstra Bigpond Please help D nbsp

A:My Laptop won't connect to Wifi, but will connect with an Ethernet cord

How far from the router are you? I experience the same thing occasionally on my laptop.
I usually have to switch the wifi switch off on the laptop & on then I reboot & I'm back online. My laptop & tower are both about 50' away & on the lower floor where the router is. Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-connect-to-wifi-but-will-connect-with-an-ethernet-cord.197531/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi I have a new Aspire ES ES - -P C with Windows I can connect to my wifi-router 13 - connection Wifi unstable / Wifi Es ran... Aspire and access the internet but the connection randomly drops after a couple of minutes I can Aspire Es 13 - unstable Wifi connection / Wifi ran... reconnect sometimes after running the windows troubleshooter The wifi-chip is a broadcom BCM It seems that there's an issue with the driver and or Windows Wifi works perfectly on Ubuntu-Linux booted from USB nbsp Here's what I've already tried - reboot of router- turn off all the energy-saving stuff in the device-manager- uninstall old drivers- install new drivers from the Acer site- install all windows updates- install driver in compatibility-mode windows - reset windows delete everything and reinstall windows from recovery nbsp The question really is if this is a known problem with the driver or the OS If so then I could install Windows But I'm very close to sending the laptop back because I really don't want to waste my time nbsp fixing a newly bought preconfigured laptop nbsp Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Aspire Es 13 - unstable Wifi connection / Wifi ran...

I had similar problem with ES15.  It started by dropping wifi after about one hour of use, then got worse...Also was plagued with the infamous "red x" over the network icon down in tray at bottom. After slight improvement when I updated the firmware (it was out of date), problem degraded to point that I could not connect at all, even with re-booting. Finally, even no internet with ethernet!   Problem finally solved by doing the following: press "control/alt/delete" all at once, select "Task Manager",click "Services Tab" at top, click "status" tab on line just below the tabs: this will re-sort the services alphabetically together according to their status's (ie running, stopped)...click again on status until all the services in the top  of the list you are seeing all say "stopped". Carefully begin going down the list top to end of services that are stopped, any stopped service that contains a reference to network, connection, connectivity, discovery,x-box,wireless, LAN, WAN, homegroup,:click on it (memorize the service name), right click on it: select "open services" find that service in the alphabetical list,(notice the descriptions here are very detailed now) RIGHT CLICK IT, select "Properties" select "Start", If startup type is not "Automatic", select "Automatic", click apply. Go back to the previous services page, continue down the list from previous service (that you just changed) and find the next one, repeat above steps. It may be faster to make a handwrite a list of all the stopped services as described above, then open the more in depth services page where you can then make the services automatic and start them one after the other. I did this to about 20 services, then rebooted and have never had a problem connecting with wifi or ehternet again! (and never getting the red x anymore either).  This method was used well after live tech support chat with Acer tech support. I wish I could offer a specific service that actually was the culprit, but I was so frustrated by the time I finally tried this, I had lost the patience to deal with documenting the changed services. Once it's fixed you can always go back and turn off services back to manual, but If I did that I would immediately make sure it has not degraded my wifi connectivity before continuing with more! Hope this helps, 'cause I'm Lovin' it! (I am seeing wifi's all around my house I never saw before!)Good luck....Ron   

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Aspire-Es-13-unstable-Wifi-connection-Wifi-randomly-disconnects/td-p/394267
Relevancy 49.02%

My HP Envy m6 laptop cannot connect to our wifi connection and only connects using the cable connection, ethernet. It was still fine when I downloaded windows 8.1 but all of a sudden displays limited/no connectivity. I tried everything I can including resetting tcp ip settings thru command prompt, finding other drivers till someone suggested me to put my laptop back to windows 8. Still didn't fix the problem. Now, my laptop does not access wifi nor detect any wireless connection whether our home wifi, or others. Please do help me. I really need to fix this. I'm a student and I badly need wifi connection since its the only available connection in our school. I am not knowledgable about this issue and it would be really great if someone could help. Thank you so much!

Solved!
View Solution.

A:HP Envy m6 cannot connect/detect wifi but can connect to eth...

Hi, Please try "Ralink 802.11 b/g/n WiFi Adapter":    http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp57501-58000/sp57538.exe Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Envy-m6-cannot-connect-detect-wifi-but-can-connect-to/td-p/4375364
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a free wifi connection provided by my property management it is unsecured and password free I've been connecting to it with no problems on my laptop running vista for weeks. I bought a tenda 11n wireless usb device so I could get my desktop connected to it also, I set up and installed the card I connect to the wireless network like it was nothing but it will not connect to the internet please try and help me out thanks

A:Free wifi in my apy will connect but won't connect w/ internet

Imagine that. On another board, it was a neighbor, and I closed that because you are violating the terms of service for the ISP. Now you're here, and suddenly it's a new story.

In any case, I'm closing this one too, since I really doubt the second story!

You may want to read the TSG Rules, we don't assist in illegal activities here either.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/free-wifi-in-my-apy-will-connect-but-wont-connect-w-internet.883995/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi All After much trawling on the net i have finally given in and am seeking direct help When i choose the connection's icon from the task bar to connect to wifi the connection side bar appears for a brief instant and disappears At the moment i can connect to the network in my home since it is default but anywhere else i cant choose a new network Same occurs when i try to display available networks from the network and sharing centre I made a workaround which is very cumbersome for a casual user command prompt and listed and deleted the profiles using the netsh wlan command Network and sharing Setup new connection Connect connect. Wifi disappearing, cant sidebar or network Manually connect to a wireless network typed the credentials of the network checked start this connection automatically box and apply i needed to know the details for this Any answers as to why i cant' see the list of available networks or an easier work around or just see it briefly would be a help Cheers in advance Gerry

A:Wifi Connect sidebar disappearing, cant connect.

Did not find a solution to my problem, so resorted to a 'refresh', which gave me the the full functionality for the sidebar.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/47558-wifi-connect-sidebar-disappearing-cant-connect.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,

I am not able to connect internet via wifi (although I can connect to the router). I am able to connect to internet via plunging the cable.

I see that yellow triangle with "!" mark in the internet connection.

Please help!!

Shailesh Jajotar

Relevancy 49.02%

Hello guys,
i'm new here and Im really desperate for your help!
As i stated,when I try to connect to my wifi it says unable to connect because it is hidden.The really annoying thing though is tha i can connect via my smartphone without any problem.
Do you have any suggestions? Im using Vista if that matters.

A:When I try to connect to my wifi it says unable to connect because it is hidden

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-i-try-to-connect-to-my-wifi-it-says-unable-to-connect-because-it-is-hidden.1131695/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi.just a little wifi problem.my laptop can not find my wifi connection,but my phone and other laptop can.i have no idea what is the problem.please help,thanks in advance.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/wifi-problem-can-not-connect-my-wifi-4605910/
Relevancy 48.59%

I try to connect to the internet but it says no networks are available even though my phone is connected to my wif and it says wifi is disabled but there is no button to enable it. I spoke with someone from google and we did a powerwash, now it is stuck on the main screen that says welcome, select your language keyboard, and network but I can't move pass this page because it says no networks are available. Please help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-t-connect-to-wifi-says-wifi-is-disabled/td-p/5836479
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi nbsp I'm new to the forum so i'm sorry if this Disconnects Wifi for to or Wifi connect Won't has been covered before nbsp I've had this laptop which i use for work for about years now It's pretty much worked ok except that it's now very slow when a webpage has ad's on it and it seems to take ages to load the page etc nbsp However the main reason is the wifi issue It's usually been great up until last night nbsp I was switching off the machine and it says shutdown and update Won't connect to Wifi or Disconnects for Wifi so i did this as i normally do However this morning it wouldnt connect to the wifi and said there was problems I kept switching it off and on and eventually got it to connect to the internet However twice now it's suddenly had the exclamation mark over the wifi signal etc nbsp ps I checked the network adaptor Qualcomm Atheros AR b g n wifi adaptor nbsp Can anyone help Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Won-t-connect-to-Wifi-or-Disconnects-for-Wifi/td-p/5723025
Relevancy 47.73%

(I cannot run the utility because I am unable to get online at all. Currently using my iPhone)

Recently switched to Comcast ISP and although my computer shows that my wifi is connected, I cannot get online . If I restart my laptop it may get me connected for a few minutes at the most then it will say "webpage not available"

Also when I connect to google chrome it is now giving me three windows, search conduit, search ask and default search .dont know why that is happening either .

Help! Not tech savy at all (clearly!)

Relevancy 47.73%

I have my LAN setup:
ADSL modem ->Router->Compute*r A , Computer B (wireless)

My laptop connects fine... but all of a sudden it just stops connecting to the internet. However the connection has a strong signal and still says it is connected...but it just lags and doesnt connect. Then it'll come back for little while. Sometimes I'll repair the wireless connection and it works again but only for a few minutes.

But here's a spooky thing....all this doesn't happen when i unplug my AC! that's right I'll have it plugged in to the power outlet, and wifi comes and goes...as soon as i unplug it and it runs on battery...the internet works fine...yikes

A:Solved: wifi connection coming and going..but LAN connection is fine

I can't see your exact positioning, but it sounds like you need to move your "brick" so that it is not interfering with the wireless signal when plugged in. When I forget, and start getting the same thing, I move mine at least a foot away from the wireless adaptor and out of the path to the router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-connection-coming-and-going-but-lan-connection-is-fine.419751/
Relevancy 47.73%

Dear all I generally have good WiFI connection but in two rooms so I am running a TP-Link system for Wifi through my powernet which provides me with WiFI in our working space No problems here I have been noticing that on my laptop when I sit in the living space my internet connection is dropping WITHOUT randomly dropping WiFi connection through connection Internet losing connection to the WiFi network This makes me reset my adapter but mostly without succes Sometimes it spontaneously regains internet connectivity This happens at random to Internet connection randomly dropping through WiFi connection me My cell phone doesn't have the same problem Internet connection randomly dropping through WiFi connection nor does my Internet connection randomly dropping through WiFi connection GF's computer I notice that when i go back to the workspace where wifi is distributed through my TP-link more often then not I instantly regain connection Which makes me think this is a problem of IP adress that is different when switching from Wifi through router and Wifi through TP-link Here is the runout for my ipconfig all and Output for 'netsh wlan show all' Windows IP Configuration docx Regards Robin

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/57254-internet-connection-randomly-dropping-through-wifi-connection.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Dear concern, Good day I recently setup my laptop (HP Notebook - 14-ac037tu)  in windows 7 but it is not connecting with my wifi network. And it is also not working even after connecting with broadband network. So many hard ware is not installing drivers because I cant find them anywhere.Please give me solution. here is a view of the problem:   Thank you,Ahsan   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/No-wifi-connection-and-no-wifi-driver/td-p/5635294
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,

Hope you are all doing good. From past few days I am not able to connect to any wireless networks on my laptop which is running windows 7 64-bit. I didn't change/install anything, it stopped working suddenly. I was able to connect to LAN and it's working perfectly fine. All other devices (phones and others computers) are able to connect to my Wi-Fi networks. I tried many things like re-installing my Wi-Fi adapter drivers, reset my router, clearing the Wi-Fi networks and adding them, many reboots, and few steps like clearing DNS and other settings as per the instructions on the Microsoft website. Can you please review and advise a good solution. Please let me know if you need any further info.

Thank you in advance.

Thanks,
Nikhil.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/400453-unable-connect-wifi-but-able-connect-lan.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello all I changed my router access password and wireless WPA Pre-Shared key today by logging in at After that I realized that my wireless would still connect but it wouldn t load up webpages quickly or at all for that matter I tried to troubleshoot just based on the things I know to do e g flushdns winsock fix release renew wireless adapter properties changing the preferred and alternate DNS servers etc When I still was able to connect to wireless I ran troubleshooter It came back that it was properly configured by the DNS server was not responding I m writing this connect won't with Ethernet connect Wifi Can post with my ethernet Can connect with Ethernet Wifi won't connect cable in my computer because wireless won t even connect anymore It says RCA on the physical router but when Can connect with Ethernet Wifi won't connect I login it says quot Thomson quot Can someone help Thanks Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA NBWAA Antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Hey guys I while to WIFI being able Can't to ethernet connect connect to m new to this forum and wasn t sure where to post this question but I decided to put it here as it seems to be where most people have had internet queries I m a bit perplexed at the moment For the last few days I ve been trying to somehow fix my internet problem I scoured other forums for similar questions and tried all the things they ve said and still had no luck so I ve run out of options and decided to Can't connect to ethernet while being able to connect to WIFI set up this Can't connect to ethernet while being able to connect to WIFI account and ask myself I have a virgin media super hub Recently the ethernet cable wouldn t connect I tried other ethernet cables to see if it was due to me breaking it and no luck Not sure if it s a coincidence or not but at the same time I also wasn t able to connect to the ghz supplied by the router So I m left with ghz wireless at the moment My friend also can t connect to the ghz on the router so it might be something to do with the router rather than my laptop but I m not sure what would have caused it in the last few days it s a new router hub too only about a month old I think generally you re supposed to post your ipconfig Which I ll post if asked I ve tried flushing the DNS ipconfig renew release etc So i m really stuck for ideas nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Have a USB wireless WiFi unit. To connect to the Internet. Have to disable the Local Area Connection. When connected to the Internet. If I enable the Local Area Connection. Unable to connect to the Internet. When I disable the LAC, the Internet connection is restablished. Using a D-Link boradband VPN router.

A:Wireless Network Connection will only connect to Internet if Lcl Area Connect disable

sounds about right! Your big issue will be the VPN, as it is frequently specifically
config'd to use a specific adaptor AND to force all tcp traffic thru that connection,
even though you want to do some trivial google.com search.

Consider using a Hardware Profile to define
1) a LAN connection environment (ie no WiFi)
2) a WiFi environment (w/o a LAN)

the choice occurs at boot time and the hardware is enabled/disabled per
the profile.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-connection-will-only-connect-to-internet-if-lcl-area-connect-disable.74628/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi, I have installed Windows 10 Home within the last 3-4 months and I have been experiencing several issues. The one of concern is connecting to certain wifi networks. I am able to connect to my hotspot on my phone and certain wireless routers but I am unable to connect my home 5g router, well the 2g connection.I have tried using the following links to solve the problem:https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-2-Pro-Wifi-connection-dropped-connect...and https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/WiFi-problem-No-internet-DNS-Not-working...  (namely the "ipconfig /flushdns" cmd, which did get the connection to come with 'connected, secured', however I was still unable to use the browser.) I have removed any vpn that I have been using and have updated by network driver via the device manager > network adapter > Intel(R) Wireless - N7260 > update driver software route have made no progress. Can anyone offer any assistance?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-2-Pro-Wifi-connection-dropped-connection-slow-performance/td-p/3385767
Relevancy 46.87%

What the hell is going on?

I have an Lenovo P500. Running 8.1. Intel N2230 wifi card

It does have a connection, every now and then it may drop but not really.

On the icon in the bottom right corner if I just hover the mouse over the wifi icon it is normal, name of connection and internet access. If I click the icon the purple box pops up on the right and it says The connection is limited.

I have tried rollback, installing an updated driver from Lenovo support, Disable bluetooth and a couple other.

Wifi works on every computer. Just this 8.1 it does not.

Whenever I restart the computer it forgets the password, I have to re enter the password every time even though I have connect automatically checked.

A:Windows 8.1 .. Wifi connection = The connection is limited

Are you trying to connect to a Public Wifi hotspot, or your own personal network?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/67806-windows-8-1-wifi-connection-connection-limited.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a iMac and I have installed Windows7 using Bootcamp v4.0.

When I use the computer on MacOS X I am able to connect to the Wireless Connection named ([email protected]), also when I restart the computer the same connection shows on the boot-loader screen. But when I am on the Windows 7, I am unable to see the same connection in WIFI connection list. I was earlier able to connect it, but now it doesn't shows up in the list.

All other Wifi enabled devices viz. Android Phone, iPad are able to connect to the same connection & they are in the same room. So why I am unable to connect the iMac when on Windows 7.

How do I fix this?

A:Wireless Connection - WIFI connection not showing up

Hello,

Can you please provide us an ipconfig /all output for review?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/289918-wireless-connection-wifi-connection-not-showing-up.html
Relevancy 46.87%

My hp laptop will no longer connect to the internet thru both a wifi connection or cable connection. I've also tried to do a system restore to an earlier date and it will not let mme do this either. HELP!!!

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I have an acer aspire windows vista bit operating system I recently got a new modem router it s apparently in from rogers and I cannot connect to connect cannot modem. connect I internet can only using to connection' new 'local the internet When I attempt to connect i can only connect to the quot local quot connection Everyone else in my family can connect via wireless and I can only connect if i use an ethernet cable which is directly connected to my laptop When i typed in ipconfig all on the command prompt cannot connect to internet using new modem. I can only connect 'local connection' this is what pops up Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Alice Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List vlan phub net cable rogers com Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix vlan phub net cable rogers com Description Broadcom NetLink TM Fast Ethernet Physical Address - B- - - B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv cannot connect to internet using new modem. I can only connect 'local connection' Address fe e d be Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained January- - PM Lease Expires January- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C- - - - E- C- F-C - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix vlan phub net cable rogers com Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - E- C- F-C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f a f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained January- - PM Lease Expires January- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C- - - - E- C- F-C - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix vlan phub net cable rogers com Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Windows system gt I am grateful for anyone who can provide me with some insight on how to solve this problem thanks in advance for anyone who replies ps If there is nothing I can do and its a problem with my old laptop friend told me its too old please tell me so I can look for a new laptop nbsp

A:cannot connect to internet using new modem. I can only connect 'local connection'

Atheros AR5007EG Click to expand...

this is a problem adapter on vista whenever a change is made

Have a read through the following - the most common fix is the driver update - from the manufacturers website or from the atheros website

Atheros Wireless Adapter - AR5007EG & AR5007

Over the last couple of years we have been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapters, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and mainly on windows Vista.
We have seen just a couple of issues on other windows operating system, windows XP and windows 7.

Windows XP:- A driver update has resolved the issue
Windows 7 :- No conclusive results for a fix

The wireless adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Log into the Router and disable the wireless security and see if you are now able to connect to the internet and surf OK.
Please post back a reply here, and let us know if that works or does not work.
If you post back the make and exact model of the router - we can advise how to disable the wireless security

The majority of fixes are via installing a new driver from either the Manufacturers website and if that does not resolve the issue then from the atheros web site - see item (3)

Here are a number of possible solutions

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver."

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section,

If you post a reply here with the Make and EXACT model of your PC, along with the windows version you are running. we will see if we can find a link to the driver and will post a reply with the link here.

--- 3) The majority of members, have now used the drivers from the atheros driver site, which has resolved the issue.
- see below for direct links for windows vista and the link for all Atheros adapters and supported operating systems

--- 4) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue
AR5007
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
AR5007EG
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
Drivers for the other windows operating system
http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-drivers.php
You need to look down the page for your particular adapter model and then look across the columns to find your windows version.
Now click on the blue tick mark in the column under your windows version.
This will open another page for that particular adapter and that windows version.

Now click on the download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

Assuming that after all the above the wireless still does not connect to the internet, all I can suggest is to use wireless security of WEP or to get an external USB wireless card.

Please post a reply here , and keep us informed of the situation and how you finally resolved the issue.

To install the driver you will need to do the following

Extract the downloaded zip file into a folder on the PC
then

For Vista;
> Start Globe
> Control Panel
> System and maintenance
> Scroll down to Device manager
> network adaptors, click on the + >
> Right click on the AR5007(EG) Adapter
> click on Update Driver Software...
> click on Brow... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-to-internet-using-new-modem-i-can-only-connect-local-connection.1084927/
Relevancy 45.58%

I usually use the internet in 3 locations on my laptop and till a few days back the laptop would connect fine to all 3 wifi networks. However, out of the blue my laptop stopped connecting to the wifi at location A and B, and still connects fine at location C. Other laptops and phones still connect fine to the wifi at location A and B, there's been no change in the software on my laptop since before the problem and I've run a system restore too to back when it was working, with no luck. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the adapter driver, also cleared my saved network locations and tried to connect again. Any other suggestions?

A:Error "Windows was unable to connect to ABC" when trying to connect to ABC wifi.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-windows-was-unable-to-connect-to-abc-when-trying-to-connect-to-abc-wifi.1127486/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a wireless modem and my connection was fine until I attempted to wirelessly connect my printer After that I can see my wireless connect connection with I connect, i can wireless my can ethernet but cannot see connection but every time I attempt to connect I get I can see my wireless connection but i cannot connect, can connect with ethernet this simple message saying cannot connect to this network I have reentered my network code but that didn t work Kinda new to this I can normally just play around until I get things straight but I ve been at this about days to no avail HELP Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Tyranny gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter I can see my wireless connection but i cannot connect, can connect with ethernet Local I can see my wireless connection but i cannot connect, can connect with ethernet Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ms comcast net Link-local IPv Address fe ad b db d IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap hsd ms comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ms comcast net Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address e fb cd df Link-local IPv Address fe fb cd df Default Gateway C Users Tyranny gt nbsp

A:I can see my wireless connection but i cannot connect, can connect with ethernet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-can-see-my-wireless-connection-but-i-cannot-connect-can-connect-with-ethernet.1074661/
Relevancy 44.29%

My laptop no longer connects to my wifi if I'm up stairs, it says that my wifi has limited internet or it doesn't connect at all , however I'm able to connect to the internet on other devices.The only way I can Connect to the internet is if I'm standing or sitting next to the internet in the living room.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/I-can-t-connect-to-the-wiFi/td-p/5742477
Relevancy 44.29%

i have att dsl and we want to put our second laptop ( sony viao 2006 model window xp), we bought the wifi N usb driver as Lan card. it work sometimes. but most of time we even can't sign on own dsl site and most of time is week signal .how could that be, it in our own home and our own dsl box. why didn't take our key code and use our 2nd pc? any one can help? we want to set up 2nd pc for kids to use. but what do we do wrong? please help
thanks

A:connect my 2nd pc to my dsl wifi

whats the make and model of the dsl modem and router you have

if you are next to your wireless router - can you connect

If you plug the laptop into the router using a cable does it work OK
{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Then run the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connect-my-2nd-pc-to-my-dsl-wifi.952228/
Relevancy 44.29%

Ever since I d/led Windows 10, I can't connect to the Wifi. It won't even search for any wireless networks or even connect to one via ethernet cord. I believe I need to d/l a new network adapter seeing that this stupid Windows 10 stop making it work. Please help, I am in a pickle and I need to fix this matter ASAP!!!

A:Cannot connect to the Wifi

Hi If you could please try this (and post back any info)... As an adminstrator, in a Command Prompt Window, typegetmacThis will list MAC addresses for those items that are present, and may not be connected.A good number would be 3,1 x Ethernet1 x Wi-Fi1 x BluetoothC:\WINDOWS\system32>getmacPhysical Address Transport Name=================== ==========================================================48-48-48-48-48-48 \Device\Tcpip_{D70F15B7-83BC-4FE7-B4B3-8CA52F52C8FC}B0-5A-DA-DE-84-28 Media disconnected48-48-48-48-48-49 Media disconnectedand then typeipconfigand in the long list look for named devices have a matching MAC address.Along with Device manager this is a way to determine the number of devices.  

Happy 2 [email protected]

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Cannot-connect-to-the-Wifi/td-p/5601593
Relevancy 44.29%

I am using HP 14 notebook with the window of 8.1 and 64-bit operating system, Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn wifi adapter with the driver v5.0.37.0 can't connect to wifi although it can detect the available wifi. What can I do to solve the problem? I had tried to disable the wifi adapter and enable again, format laptop but still cannot solve the problem.

A:Can't connect to wifi

Hi @Boonlee, Thank you all the information on what you have done. If the HP 14 Notebook detects Wireless that means the adapter is working. Here is a link to troubleshoot the Wireless.  I would change the Channel on the router. Routers are capable of communicating to your Notebook on several different channels. If your neighbours Wi-Fi is  on the same channel, your network speeds might have issues. Try opening Device Manager, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Device Manager. In Device Manager, locate the network adapters, and then double-click the device name.Click the Driver tab, and then click uninstall Driver. Please remove all the network adapters. Restart the computer. Please let me know how this goes. You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below!.Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-t-connect-to-wifi/td-p/5587760
Relevancy 44.29%

I just purchased a new laptop today. Since HP support refuses to help me with a simple problem w/o paying even more, I have decided to seek help here, before I  return the item. The laptop will not connect to my wifi using the password provided by my IP. I have connected all my other devices using the same password. Anyone know what the problem could be?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-t-connect-to-wifi/td-p/5823585
Relevancy 44.29%

hey guys i have recently installed windows 7 to my IBM thinkpad T43 Type 1871. I have managed to install updates needed to run internet connections. I can connect to my home wifi using an Ethernet Cable, but i can't connect to it wirelessly. All of my other devices like my Kindle and phone connect to my home wifi wirelessy, but not my laptop. At this point i am guessing that the problem is with my laptop or the new installation. I have been dealing with this for a while and i want to get this problem resolved, please someody help me with this.
P.s I am using a Century link Modem

Relevancy 44.29%

Hello. I have a problem with my dell Inspiron 3542 laptop with windows 8.1 64bit. I see networks but i can't connect to them. I tried to connect using linux live and it worked so it's windows problem. It's not my laptop so I don't know how it happend. 

A:can't connect to wifi

Hello Hukirower,

Have you tried updating the wireless card drivers? It should either ship with DW 1704/1705. You can also try running the built-in wireless troubleshooter. That should fix most connectivity issues. If this fails to resolve the issue, you can do a system restore to a point the issue didn't exist. However, I would suggest the latter after you have taken a backup of your personal files.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988729
Relevancy 44.29%

Well i tried to connect to my school wifi and then it shows a yellow triangle over it
and , it said no internet acces but i can connect to my house wifi only .. i have tried to connect to others... and it have a yellow triangle over it .

Thank you

Sorry for my bad english

A:I cannot connect to Wifi well D:

Hi,
We may need a little bit more info. Your system specs says your OS is 64 bit. What kind of OS? There are a lot of reasons why your wifi connection adapter may be doing this. Do you have a static-IP? Have you tried re-installing/disabling your adapter? Are your putting in the right password? There are alot of question so before anyone can help you you are going to have to explain a little bit better.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/163431-i-cannot-connect-wifi-well-d.html
Relevancy 44.29%

cant connect o wifi

entering the correct pass key

still cant connect

when connected with an internet wire from the router, works fine

but unable to connect wireless

pls help

let me know what info you'd require

thanks

Relevancy 44.29%

Hey ! I have kept my WIFI router on the ground floor of my house and I use Internet upstairs in my room. And I have been using it since months now with a considerably strong signal. But some days ago I found thatu computer shows a really weak signal and hardly connects to the network but it works as normal as it used to on my phone so no signal interference. And I am sure it's a problem with the software not the Hardware. And when I run a troubleshoot this error shows up 'An unexpected error has occurred. The troubleshooting wizard can't continue '. And then when I click on view error details it shows this :error code : 0x80070002 . please help I want to use WIFI on my computer as I used to

A:Can't connect to WiFi

Hello, and Welcome

What is the make and model of the computer. Is your Windows 7 64bit?

There may be some kind of interference with the Wireless Signal. Have you tried changing the channel on the wireless router?

In Device Manager Right click your Wireless adapter and select Properties. Under the details tab select Hardware ID's in the dropdown box. Copy and Paste the first line in your next post?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/557357/cant-connect-to-wifi/
Relevancy 44.29%

My laptop is unable to cannot to any wifi netwroks. I am getting error message as 'Can't connect to this network'. I have searched through all the forum, did the troubleshooting through HP support assistant. I have tried restarting the modem as well but nothing works. Please advice. 

A:Can't connect to wifi

Hi Well the obvious thing to do is to change networks, channels or frequencies.  You don't actually mention what network the machine doesn't like.  But if we assume all networks are unavailable, and work from there. Is there a Wi-Fi card fitted?  Type / Model / Manufacturer details listed here would be welcome. If YES then it should show in Device Manager.  Does it?  Without a Yellow warning triangle? Drivers installed / loaded? Evidence would be nice. A screenshot of the setup / connection screens you go thru may help to establish the hardware is there and functioning.  Help us to help you. Moving on to things you can try ceeandbeetee.uk           for further reading / troubleshooting. netfix.bat        to help ID stuff and eliminate problems. Copy, Paste and Save As netfix.bat the code below using NotePad.

@ECHO THIS MIGHT HELP TO REPAIR/RECTIFY
@ECHO SOME SIMPLE NETWORK DIFFICULTIES.
@ECHO NetFix.bat, based on work by
@ECHO Kevin Arrows, Jim Eshelman et al.
@ECHO ....................................
@ECHO.
@ECHO THE RESULTS MAY VARY ACCORDING TO
@ECHO YOUR CONFIGURATION AND USER LEVEL
@ECHO A RESTART SHOULD BE MADE AFTER
@ECHO THE RUNNING OF THE ABOVE TESTS
:MENU
@ECHO.
@ECHO.
@ECHO TYPE IN THE RELEVANT MENU NUMBER
@ECHO.
@ECHO.
@ECHO 0 - GET_MAC Obtain MAC address(es)
@ECHO 1 - GET_IPs Lists all IP addresses
@ECHO 2 - ADDRESS Force/Renew IP address
@ECHO 3 - DNS_FIX Flush and Register DNS
@ECHO 4 - WINSOCK Reset to remove errors
@ECHO 5 - IPV4_V6 Reset to remove errors
@ECHO 6 - PING_LO Ping tests to Loopback
@ECHO 7 - NETSTAT All Network Statistics
@ECHO 8 - SYS_SUM System Summary Windows
@ECHO 9 - EXITNOW Close this Command Box
@ECHO.
@ECHO OFF
COLOR F1
SET /P M= Choose from 0 - 9, then press ENTER:
IF %M%==0 GOTO GET_MAC
IF %M%==1 GOTO GET_IPs
IF %M%==2 GOTO ADDRESS
IF %M%==3 GOTO DNS_FIX
IF %M%==4 GOTO WINSOCK
IF %M%==5 GOTO IPV4_V6
IF %M%==6 GOTO PING_LO
IF %M%==7 GOTO NETSTAT
IF %M%==8 GOTO SYS_SUM
IF %M%==9 GOTO EXITNOW
::
:GET_MAC
getmac |more /c
GOTO MENU
:GET_IPs
ipconfig -all | more /c
GOTO MENU
:ADDRESS
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
GOTO MENU
:DNS_FIX
ipconfig /flushdns

Ipconfig /registerdns

GOTO MENU
:WINSOCK
netsh winsock reset catalog

GOTO MENU
:IPV4_V6
netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log
netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log
GOTO MENU
:PING_LO
ping 127.0.0.1
GOTO MENU
:NETSTAT
netstat -e -s | more /c
GOTO MENU
:SYS_SUM
msinfo32
GOTO MENU
:EXITNOW
EXIT     

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-t-connect-to-wifi/td-p/5560202
Relevancy 44.29%

Can anyone please help me figure out why my laptop would not connect to Internet or wifi.
However when I plug it into the other end of the Ethernet cord it works?
If it is not plugged directly in it will not show or give me any networks at all
I've tried so many different things.
My phone, kindle,(WIFI) & Netflix etc all work just fine.
But the one I need to use most is not working correctly? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

A:would not connect to wifi.

i have moved your post to a thread of your own, by posting a question on other peoples threads it can get very confusing answering questions

Check the wireless is switched ON
theres often a physical switch or a combination of the FN and one of the F keys to toggle the wireless on/off
often F2 is used - but note , not always - look for a symbol that looks a little like (( i ))

is the wireless on?

Also would you post back an xirrus screen shot

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
( the site now appears to require a business email, and does not allow webbased emails like gmail,hotmail or yahoo etc )

Use the links below

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html
http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Monitor-Download-99109.html

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here
http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.

Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

Windows 8
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool (From the Windows 8 Start Screen, type "snip" and press enter.
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
see here
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/opinion/windows/3415854/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3405830/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/would-not-connect-to-wifi.1119007/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a desktop and two laptops in my room as well as two other laptops in the house used by family members The other week I bought us a new Netgear N Wireless Router to replace a old Linksys Wireless-G Broadband to connect wifi Can't Router When setting up the new router I was able to connect the desktop and every single laptop in the house except for one The laptop of mine that can connect is an ASUS G jh The Can't connect to wifi laptop that can not connect is an old HP Pavilion dv Prior to the router change bot Can't connect to wifi the ASUS and HP connected perfectly After the switch when trying to connect with the dv I receive the following issue My dv does detect every local wifi signal and I both connected and entered the WPA password It is currently connected to the wifi signal but I do not have internet access The status of the signal reads quot Unidentified network my SSID quot I tried running Windows Network Diagnostics but the results are quot A problem with your network router or broadband modem might be preventing an Internet connection quot When I try to automatically get a new IP it just comes up with the above response I have tried running ipconfig renew but the only response is that my laptop is quot unable to contact your DHCP server quot I have tried a few DHCP fixes but I don t really know what I m doing or if that s what the problem is I checked and made sure that my router has DHCP enabled as well I have tried power cycling my router as well I just can t seem to identify what is preventing me from connecting Thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

Hello I m trying to connect to the Wifi of my friend in his apartment He had another friend set it up so he does not know how it works I have the password and everything and it logs me in But it does this quot Acquiring quot thing for a long time and eventually it says quot Limited or No Connectivity quot So even though I have a full green signal showing in the wifi icon in my laptop on the lower right of my screen the quot Wireless Network Connection quot has a Red x I think it has something to do with an IP address His saved Wifi to connect Can't Word document where he typed his password has an entry of an IP address as well He has Windows Maybe I should save this IP address in my laptop somewhere But where Or Can't connect to Wifi maybe his computer or router needs my IP address If so where do I save my IP address in his computer I know how to get the IP address of my laptop using IPCONFIG Or it could be totally something else Thanks for any help Rich nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

Hola I recently started having this issue and I cannot find out why I am WiFi to Cannot connect not that savvy with computers which is probably why I am having such a hard time trying to deal with this Pretty much I Cannot connect to WiFi switched to a new ISP about a month ago but we haven't got an ethernet connection set up yet so we are just running off the WiFi from the router But on my PC now whenever I boot up the system it will not show any WiFi connections I can join I tried uninstalling the Adaptor and rebooting but it says afterwards that the installation was not successful I went into properties and saw that this it is a Code Error I would try to manually update the driver but since I have no ethernet connect I cannot do that I opened up CCleaner and analyzed my registry and saw I had some errors o O I just ran it on Saturday so I do not know how that happened I am currently using my laptop till I can find an solution for this ill take any help that I can get it is just I may not understand all the info given If you have any suggestions though I thank you

A:Cannot connect to WiFi

Some older laptops have switches that turn the connection on and off....make sure it's on. Also, some laptops come with a wifi network application that controls your connections. I've had problems in the past with conflicts when there is too many wifi applications running. I always turn off the extra application, and use only the windows wifi connection controller, or the adapter's controller if it's an external wifi card or usb adapter.

That's a good place to start, others here may have a better idea if you listed exactly what your system is (model # and/or adapter you are using).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-connect-to-wifi-614144.html
Relevancy 44.29%

dear sir..today i installed windows 7 to my laptop..after the installation i can't able to connect internet..so i check your website and install "Realtek Local Area Network (LAN) Driver"..and than internet connect only on lan..i can't connect wifi...soo please tell me what to do now??

A:can't connect wifi

Hi, Your machines uses  Ralink RT3290LE 802.11bgn 1x1 Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 combination WLAN adapter as shown:       http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=J8C07PA Please keep/bookmark the above link and use the following driver for wifi:          http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_131223_1 You also need the following software for Bluetooth:          http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_130390_1 Regards.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/can-t-connect-wifi/td-p/5767089
Relevancy 44.29%

I am trying to get my friends laptop to connect to the wifi. It seams they missed a few updates, and aren't able to connect to the internet. Their laptop doesn't even pick up wifi networks. I ran a windows update that was ready to be installed, to see if that would fix anything, but it did not. I also downloaded the latest wifi driver for the divice from HP onto my personal computer and installed it onto the Hp Stream 11 via flashdrive. Still no avail. The error the Hp Network check is throwing says "This computer is expriencing a network connectivity problem (999)".  Further information would be the laptop says the firewall is down. Help is much appreciated.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Cannot-Connect-to-Wifi/td-p/5675359
Relevancy 44.29%

I bought a Pavilon 15-ab210n yesterday. It immdiately identified the local wi-fi networks in and near my home and I successfully connected it to my home network. Am now out of home in a different location, my laptop recognises the various wi-fi networks in my vicinty but it won't let me connect, won't even give me an option to type in a password, just says 'can't connect to this network'. HELP!

A:Won't connect to wifi

Hi @Deboon, Welcome to the HP Forum! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips. For you to have a rewarding experience, I would like to include the following link for your perusal and reference. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I grasp that you are having an issue connecting to  a wireless network other than your home. Please try the following steps provided by @Great-Deku-Tree.: Common fixes for wireless connectivity issues.    Here is a list of steps that commonly resolve issues with wireless connectivity. First, we have a step by step guide to walk you through the troubleshooting process here: Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection A second option, is to try these steps:Power cycle the network:1. Shut down your notebook.2. Unplug the power to your router.3. Unplug the power to your modem.4. Wait at least 45 seconds.5. Plug in the modem, and wait for it to come back online.6. Plug in the router, and wait for it to come back online.7. Turn on your notebook, and test your connection.Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)2. Expand the Network adapters.3. Right- click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.4. Click the Power Management tab.5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.6. Click OK.7. Test.Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right- click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.Reinstall the network adapter drivers:1. Download the drivers from here but do not run them yet.2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.3. Expand Network adapters.4. Right- click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.6. Restart your PC and test.Test an ethernet connection:Self explanatory. Test if the issue persists on a wired connection to rule out the wireless adapter hardware so troubleshooting can be directed towards the right areas.Test another connection:Many people rule out their home network as an issue if another device is working on the same network. Networking is not that simple. Each device interacts differently with your router or modem and it is impossible to rule out settings in that device until the notebook has been tested on another network.If those three steps do not resolve the issue, try this document published by Microsoft for networking issues: Wired and wireless network problems. You can change the operating system with the dropdown in the upper-right corner of the document. Please let me know if this helped. Thank you for participating in the HP Forums! We want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as "Accept as Solution?  to help other community members! To say thanks for the assistance, please click the ?Thumbs Up Icon? below.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Won-t-connect-to-wifi/td-p/5680010
Relevancy 44.29%

I uploaded windows 10 and could not connect to WIFI.  Reverted back to 8.1 still can't connect to WIFI. The WIFI adapter will not connect. I've disabled and enabled adapter. Unplugged WIFI Router.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c24b7296-c099-4f8a-a922-7042e66f2ef4/cant-connect-to-wifi?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a brand new Lenovo Cannot WIFI to connect Ideapad Z It has a Broadcom Wireless adapter that will not connect to my home wireless network I have tried everything I can think of to Cannot connect to WIFI get it to connect to my Netgear router When I run Windows diagnostic tools it tells me that there is a problem with the wireless access point there isn't I am using another laptop with no issues I have done a rescue install and gone through the same problems This time the diagnostic report tells me I have not chosen a network to connect to despite entering the usual SSID security type and password details in the network centre Networks are detected OK I click on my network am asked for the password and weither I wanted to share on the network click ok and after a couple of seconds I am advised 'could not connect to network' I have spent about hours today trying to resolve this The ethernet works fine I am completely ignorant of WIndows this being my first computer to use it If anyone can help I would be very grateful Thanks

A:Cannot connect to WIFI

What type of wireless security and encryption is your router using, WEP, WPA, WPA2 etc. encryption, TKIP, AES etc.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/19758-cannot-connect-wifi.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi,
I have 2 laptops and one of them wont connect to my new D-Link DIR-615. It worked for a while but then suddenly the morning after I installed the router it fails when I try to connect to the wifi. Now I've tried everything I can think of. Reinstalled the router with different encryption. Updated drivers to networkcard. Deleted saved network wifi settings.

The thing is that the laptop that struggles with the WiFi earlier had some problem connecting to internet with cable. It worked for a while but then suddenly it stopped working. Then I either rebooted the computer or rebooted the networkcard and it solved the problem. Allthough the problem kept coming back. I don't know if these 2 problems is somewhat connected.

A:Can't connect to WiFi

with a cable connected to the router and PC - can we see an ipconfig /all

what windows version is on the PC?

can we also see an ipconfig /all from a working PC

make sure we know which ipconfig /all belongs to which PC
ipconfig /all

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the infomation above those entries

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-wifi.1098021/
Relevancy 44.29%

Impossible to connect to net via WIFI.  Box is working as I can connect my other devices via WIFI The logo wifi on the right bottom appears wityh a red cross. when clich right: "No net work available..."  I made diagnostic of the WIFI driver: All is normal... What should I do next?Thanks

A:cannot connect to net via WIFI

Hi @Jacques38, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums!  You have come to the right place to ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community! I see that you are not able to connect to the Wireless on HP 14-ac107nf Notebook.  Here is an excellent troubleshooting tool. First, try resetting the router. Unplug the router and wait 30 seconds before plugging it back in to make sure it fully resets. Please let me know how this goes.  To show appreciation for my efforts kindly click the Thumbs Up below. Thanks.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/cannot-connect-to-net-via-WIFI/td-p/5600007
Relevancy 44.29%

A couple years ago I bought a Netgear Wireless-G Router WGR61v10 and it worked completely fine, since I haved moved to a knew location and hooked up all the wires again I haven't been able to connect to my wifi with any of my electronics. I have been able to use neighboring wifis that did not require a password and everything works fine, but when i use mine it refuses to let me connect. While using one of my electronics i have come to notice my wireless name is in the list of other users in my area. When I click on it, it shows that I am connected with a little check mark, but when going on to the internet it does not work. I don't know what the problem is and neighboring passwords are just not enough juice to keep me conected. Please help!

A:Can not connect to wifi.

What make/model computer?
Can you connect the problem computer using ethernet? It will make posting responses easier.

This is that etaf asks for:

lets see an ipconfig /all and xirrus screen shot

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/fil.../download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus...-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)

To post a screen shot of the active window.
1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
OR
2) if you are using Vista/Windows 7 you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_...g_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative nu... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-not-connect-to-wifi.1073450/