Windows Support Forum

Audio wont work on asus x53u laptop

Q: Audio wont work on asus x53u laptop

Hi can any one help I cant hear any sound on my laptop its all turned up but when I conect it to my tv the volumes fine but soon as I disconnet from the tv the sound ont go.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Audio wont work on asus x53u laptop

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Audio wont work on asus x53u laptop

Did you fix this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-wont-work-on-asus-x53u-laptop.204577/
Relevancy 89.87%

I have Windows 7 on Asus X53U laptop .

What specific function key do I press when booting up and afterwards what do I click on to change the boot sequence to usb to boot first.

I try to find, but can get to the menu where I can change the boot sequence.

Thanks

A:[SOLVED] Asus X53U laptop change boot sequence

You press F8 typically to load the boot menu.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-asus-x53u-laptop-change-boot-sequence-888226.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Dear All I was wondering if anyone can help X53U drivers all Asus on working not correct though laptop even Wireless before I throw my laptop out the window I am not tech minded so please forgive if I don t provide full information on my problem Laptop - Asus Wireless not working on Asus X53U laptop even though all drivers correct X U Wireless Adaptor - Atheros AR Spare USB Wireless - Edimax A couple of weeks ago my wireless connection was getting slower and slower As one day it decided to get extremely slow I decided to uninstall the wireless card via device manager and reinstall it Once this had been completed the wireless just stopped working The signal bar came up with zero and had a big red X in it It works fine with ethernet cable but just won t seem to work as a wifi connector I have reinstalled all drivers and everything is enabled When troubleshooting it comes up with a possible problem with driver Once this has been resolved it is then a problem with the network The router is fine as I am able to connect on every other device in the house I even purchased a USB wifi adaptor in the event of the Wireless card packing in but this is still creating the same problem I used system restore to roll back the laptop to a time when the wireless worked and it didn t seem to help at all If anyone can help please provide me with step by step instructions Many thanks nbsp

Relevancy 89.87%

I am using an Asus X53U Laptop.

I am using hdmi cable to watch on my t.v.., so I wish to disable the image
or darken the laptop screen without affecting the display on the t.v. screen,
since I don't need to have the laptop and t.v. screen on at the same time.

So how do I disable and enable the laptop screen using Windows 7 ?

Thanks

A:Disable Asus X53U Laptop screen using HDMI cable

This is the steps to use your tv as a monitor How to Use a TV as a Monitor for a PC | eHow.com
then ie Show desktop 2 only

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/disable-asus-x53u-laptop-screen-using-hdmi-cable-683515.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I need help with this laptop. Videos are choppy and slow like Youtube or Dailymotion videos. I've tried updating graphics drive AMD Radeon, cleaning and defrag, CCleaner, running AVG (I have since then got rid of AVG in an attempt to clean out programs to see if it would help), reinstalling Flash and Firefox and Chrome.

Any help would be most appreciated, thanks

Relevancy 76.54%

Hey all So I just received a brand Gets Brand Asus Repeatedly New BSOD X53U new Asus X U laptop for my birthday I finally was able to set up my laptop around the first of November My brother has the same one but he got his a week earlier and it seems to be working just fine I however am continually experiencing the dreaded BSOD The first time I got it I just assumed it was a small issue that wasn't worth my attention a very strange one and because I was in a rush I didn't bother to figure out what was wrong It was after I had installed programs like Google Chrome iTunes and Evernote which I knew were trusted programs that worked fine on my old laptop Brand New Asus X53U Repeatedly Gets BSOD Following four more crashes I'm not entirely sure what is causing this It tends Brand New Asus X53U Repeatedly Gets BSOD to happen after I don't use my laptop for long periods of time If I put my laptop to sleep and then open it up a couple hours later it will also show up as a BSOD I don't know what to do or how to fix this so some help would be greatly appreciated since this laptop is brand new Earlier this morning I left my laptop open for about two hours and then when I came back the BSOD was there It's also been really slow Brand New Asus X53U Repeatedly Gets BSOD slower than my old laptop which was an Acer Aspire - with Windows Home Premium -bit I'm aware that this laptop was technically faster since its processor was better but it's also three years old and seriously bogged down all of the stuff I have on it and I'm not entirely sure as to why since this laptop is literally brand new I've also attached the dump files Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Brand New Asus X53U Repeatedly Gets BSOD

Welcome aboard. It is a stop 0x116. A display related Crash.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa8005aaf4e0, fffff88002d1f900, 0, 2}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+7900 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
You update your display driver to the latest.

Code:
lmvm atikmpag
start end module name
fffff880`02d18000 fffff880`02d6d000 atikmpag T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: atikmpag.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys
Image name: atikmpag.sys
Timestamp: Thu Mar 22 06:56:32 2012 (4F6A7FC8)
CheckSum: 000591B3
ImageSize: 00055000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Latest AMD Catalyst Video Driver for Windows 7

If not fixed, take it to the vendor, coz the other steps to fix this issue may make the warranty void.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/264988-brand-new-asus-x53u-repeatedly-gets-bsod.html
Relevancy 65.36%

System Specs A Asus A N-E nForce chipset GBs PC RAM in DC GB ATA HDD GB SATA HDD orange case jk Hey guys work Cant on Asus audio at get all! to [email protected]@K A8N-E - so I cant get my audio to work on my new mobo an Asus A N-E Its brand new and I ve googled the problem Cant get audio to work on Asus A8N-E at all! [email protected]@K a bit and it Cant get audio to work on Asus A8N-E at all! [email protected]@K seems that many other people are having the same problem with this board The drivers off of Asus website dont work as commented on another forum so I tried a later version of the AC drivers Asus website has v for download as the mobo s audio drivers v but that still didnt solve the problem In Device Manager the audio drivers are displayed as there and operating correctly however there is zero sound output and I have tried more than one set of speakers Heres a screenshot of my device manager Any ideas on different drivers to try etc anything I just bought some JBL speakers and I planned on using them with my new mobo so any help at all is appreciated -Thanks nbsp

A:Cant get audio to work on Asus A8N-E at all! [email protected]@K

Try and put in a cheap soundcard. I have had defective devices on my asus motherboard too (nic card).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-audio-to-work-on-asus-a8n-e-at-all-l-k.67091/
Relevancy 64.93%

I've just bought 2 X 1 GB DDR RAM (PC3200 DDR400) for my ASUS A7A266-E motherboard.

Each RAM chip runs fine by itself in either DDR slot, however when I try
using them both at the same time, no luck. The boot memory test is
blank. I also noticed that when I look in the BIOS settings when I
have both chips in, memory is only recognised as 1MB. When I only
have one chip in, the BIOS setting shows it as 1024MB (which) is
right.

With two chips, boot stops after loading all the PCI devices.

Please help!

pedey

A:HELP- 2 X 1GB DDR wont work with my ASUS A7A266-E

I just upgraded my BIOS from 1009 to 1012 and it made no difference. Any ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-2-x-1gb-ddr-wont-work-with-my-asus-a7a266-e.28349/
Relevancy 64.07%

i bought this motherboard a couple of weeks ago , set it up and my pc and mic worked fine...then a couple of days ago, completely out of the blue my mic just stops working. I know its my motherboard or pc (possibly drivers??) because my mic works on other pc's, could someone please provide a possible solution if there is any. I am considering buying a seperate soundcard to the one on the board but i dont know if this would fix the problem..if it would could someone tell me if i have to disable the original sound card on the motherboard and how to do this. i am soooo desperate as i use it (my mic) alot in online gaming. thanks

(me)

A:Microphone wont work - asus m2n-sli deluxe

Are you plugging your mic directly into your mobo (back panel) or are you using a socket on the front of your pc?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microphone-wont-work-asus-m2n-sli-deluxe.90645/
Relevancy 63.64%

The problem started out as i could start windows normally then it would say my wd smartware isn't working followed by freezing up. then the windows defender that came with the computer started to act up and now my computer will not even get to the login screen. it get to the Microsoft windows loading screen and stays there. the loading bar is there but the windows icon is not. when i go to device manager and look under System Devices the Consumer IR Devices has a little yellow triangle with an exclamation point over top of it. Any ideas how to fix this problem? As you can tell I know almost nothing of computers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-asus-g51vxseries-wont-work-other-than-in-safe-mode-620232.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I recently bought a Asus Radeon HD 6450 ( EAH6450 SILENT/DI/1GD3(LP)) GPU to use in my HP P7-1205 IPISB-CU(carmel2) 3.0GHZ 8GB ram and i dont know why but when starting up after putting card into desktop i get no signal to monitor yet i can power down and remove card and have signal.. just wondering why this PC is doing this.... considering you can buy the PC from HP with the same card.....

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-p7-1205-wont-work-with-new-Asus-Radeon-HD-6450/td-p/5698472
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi all.
I just tried to install win7 on an asus laptop.
It all goes smoothly until it reboots after i have conntected to my wireless.
It all seems to work great. It loads like a normal boot, then i get a screen with the error: Can not open file: c:\RECOVERY.DAT

ERROR

The error word is written on big red letters.

Have anyone got anything to suggest here?
I can press any button and nothing happens.

I cant even start in safemode.
I get the same error.

Thanks in advance for any help you all can give me.

Laffe

A:Win 7 Wont run on Asus Laptop

You have a recovery partition from the manufacturer causing errors.

I never had a pc with one of those or your error. I have thoughts on how to proceed but best left to someone that knows for sure. Good luck.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/34452-win-7-wont-run-asus-laptop.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hey there,

I'm using the onboard sound of my ASUS P7P55D motherboard.
The back audio connectors work fine, but I somehow can't use the front panel that I connected to the mobo (yellow cable).

Is there a trick or any setting to activate it with win7 professional x64?

I also tried changing to AC97 in BIOS, didn't help...

thx!

A:Front audio Panel doesn't work (ASUS P7P55D motherboard)

Check which it is that the csae has as they are wired differently between HD Audio and AC97,

It is also possible that that fpaudio block is wired wrong and neither will work. If that is what it is it will take pulling and reseating the various wires in the block; not easy but can be done.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/183322-front-audio-panel-doesnt-work-asus-p7p55d-motherboard.html
Relevancy 61.92%

built a new comp klipsch cant work on with hd manager asus realtek get to fully audio speakers 5.1 with the asus p w dh deluxe with its channel or whatever audio capabilities installed the RealTek HD Audio manager but i cant get my cant get klipsch 5.1 speakers to fully work on asus with realtek hd audio manager subwoofer to do anything everything comes down to the front speakers in terms of bass ive tried a number of switches but now im thinking maybe they just wont do the last batch of klipsch i had were thx certified older models of the ones i have now so i figure these are as well but the retarded realtek only does dolby im sure that has nothing to do with it but it wont list on its options as a note i get sound out of my center speaker but again nothign out the subwoofer i have a soundcard a soundblaster from way back in that supports but i figured this would do a better job setup is core duo geil gig asus p w dh deluxe HIS x gto trying to get to xl sata ata and a dying gig trying to get as much stuff out of it as possible before i throw it away dvd burner nbsp

A:cant get klipsch 5.1 speakers to fully work on asus with realtek hd audio manager

I could be way off, but the Realtek audio software usually gangs the sub into the speakers. So, 5.1 = 6 speaker config. 7.1 = 8 speaker config.

Not sure how you have things wired back/panel and in the software, but perhaps trying the 6 speaker setting may fix things.. unless it's for Dolby surround only (which expects your speakers to do the crossover/encoding).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-klipsch-5-1-speakers-to-fully-work-on-asus-with-realtek-hd-audio-manager.58765/
Relevancy 61.06%

Due around 2 year that i have left Asus A7j laptop in wardrobe and i feel bit sorry for not using and am doing Compita+ course so i thought i get that laptop out and try to fix it for myself.

Asus A7j wont start as i remember before that i got sticky key what have o makes more ooooo so i decide to turn off and spray a contact cleaner (maybe too much ) and turn on and it wont turn on BUT i get sign of battery charging (LED) and i decided to take off and leave to dry around 2 weeks then decide to let battery charge (orange) and charged for more than days and days and still orange, I THINK it's motherboard problem as it wont turn on, cannot read battery levels and i removed the CPU, RAM and HDD and any other and it still wont turn on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-a7j-laptop-wont-start.977278/
Relevancy 61.06%

Got a second hand 40gb hard drive for my smasung vm7000 as the one its got is tiny. When inserted hard drive into lappy it comes up with disk read error press control alot del. However if put this in external closure works fine. This hd has win xp on it and still has some docs on it which the seller has asked me to copy to cd for him. Do I need to formatt and reload xp on it to work. Please help guys as am trying to give an aging laptop a new lease of life(and yes im upgrading the ram)

Relevancy 61.06%

it says that driver is missing or there is a conflict with programs i need help would some one please help me

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-audio-wont-work-368047.html
Relevancy 61.06%

A few days ago i had to reinstall my sound driver after updating windows and sometimes if i take out my speakers out of the speaker jack my speakers on the laptop wont work sometimes without shutting down my music program or it will be vise versa please help me out

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/207261-speakers-randomly-wont-work-sometimes-laptop-but-external-will-sometime-work.html
Relevancy 60.63%

The title pretty much says it all. I'm honestly at the end of my rope. Device manager replies all is well, yet sound stopped working overnight.

It isn't muted,I'm not that oblivious.

I own Advanced System Care Pro ( and consequently, Driver Booster ) so I have already all of my drivers up to date, as well as any other problems I might have had.

Used a bunch of other scanners to figure out the problem to no avail. Plugging some headphones in also doesn't cut it, so it made me think that perhaps the hardware was actually fine and some software conflict was the cause of the problem. I have no freaking clue anymore, should I just get mad and yell at my computer for an hour or so to relieve stress now??

A:Laptop audio refuses to work, all devices work properly, sound isn't muted. Help?

First we need to know the EXACT make and model number of the laptop in question. Secondly the only place you should be looking for drivers for you laptop is the laptop manufacturers support website. Driver scanners really are not helpful.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-audio-refuses-to-work-all-devices-work-properly-sound-isnt-muted-help.1118481/
Relevancy 60.63%

I really hope someone can help me here but here's the chain of events and problems Basically I can't seem to install or repair an operating system and wondering if its the hard drive gone bad Bad sectors Bought Asus X V Laptop with vista installed Had problems with corrupt files possibly from having a bad copy of office installed from a burnt cd idk But this led me having to factory restore operating system a few times Got fedup and had a friend install bit vista and no problems since Few days ago gf watched movie on laptop on bed with no fan ventilation for laptop then a corrupt or missing mpk or something cant remember possible heat damage to hd after the next startup Tried using Asus recovery DVD for bit vista since the bit install wiped out the factory bit recovery partition on hard drive I guess Loads files then goes to copy files and never goes past then after a few mins I get Repair Vista Wont Laptop Asus on a giant ERROR message and some small text at the top saying something like quot unable to write temp path to work in quot or something close to that If I start the comp without the disk in it says Windows failed to start software or hardware change might be problem bla bla Says to restart and repair with disk then says File Boot BCD Status xc f Info An error occured while attemping to read the boot configuration data I don't have a vista disk besides the Asus recovery DVD's that come with it and I tried installing an XP disk that I have laying around just to see if I had a bad asus disk and that just gives me a blue screen with the following A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen restart your comp ect ect ect Technical info STOP x B xF E xC x x Please help I tried to put as much info as I could Thanks

A:Vista Wont Repair on Asus Laptop

Hmm...if I were a bettin man I'd say it's either a RAM issue or a hard drive issue. When you're doing the install process are you having the computer format the HD and if so, are you doing a full or quick format. I'd suggest doing a full format and let that run through. It is remotely possible that your computer has sustained some kind of heat related issue, but I'd look to the other things first as replacing hardware like the motherboard can get very pricey.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-wont-repair-on-asus-laptop-451972.html
Relevancy 60.63%

My computer froze today, turned it off waited 10 mins then turned back on. the windows error recovery screen came on Now I am given 2 options start windows repair or start windows normally, well i did both and it reloads to the same page.

went into f8 tried all the options start in safe mode etc and restarts to the recovery screen, F9 did diagnostic check came up fine.

Can some one help me:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/asus-laptop-wont-load-windows-659858.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a Asus K53SV laptop. I have replaced the battery and the charger. While the laptop will run on AC power it will not charge the battery. It says plugged in not charging. If I restart the laptop I get an error screen that says the charger is not recognized. Is there a solution to this? I know there is an identification pin in the plug end of the charger and it is still there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-laptop-wont-charge-battery.1103210/
Relevancy 60.2%

I got a new NB72-SC/SR system board and hooked everything up (I hope). I whent back to playing my games and such, but realised i had no sound, i looked through the manual and could not figure out what i had missed to hook up, but thought maybe someone else could help. I have already tried re-installing windows 98 and that did no good. I saw this place and thought that someone would probably have some suggestions, so here i am, if anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for you time,
=)

Relevancy 59.77%

I bought a Asus work My Asus laptop's Also WiFi won't K a Rbr October and have had similar issues that you describe and Asus's support is disappointing as is Walmart returns as I bought online went to return it days after rec'd via FedEx but forget my slip so then I end up having surgery and laid up but returned to Walmart to return or repair My Asus laptop's WiFi Also won't work as there is a year warranty I was told too late to return cause I bought online so I ask Asus support phone so I could bring it for repairs Walmart could not find Asus or phone number in their manufacture products they sell it just was not in the big book she looked thru I had no wireless for over a month and finally called Verizon support to walk me thru putting in more secure wireless MAC My Asus laptop's WiFi Also won't work address and I have had no connection problems since I also got in touch with Asus support and they walked me thru a partition or recovery of partial recovery which also helped although I wanted a clean reinstall and a CD sent to do a reinstall but I had to pay for a recovery CD so I am still waiting My Asus laptop's WiFi Also won't work as it has not been shipped out and they do not know when but they took my Cathy Edit Split off to prevent confusion Roger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/486443/my-asus-laptops-wifi-also-wont-work/
Relevancy 59.77%

I m not sure if work Asus WiFi won't laptop's My this is in the right place so you can move it if it s not I have an Asus K e-BBR laptop running Windows Home Premium bit I ve had it for years I didn t have trouble with the WiFi for a few months but then it started acting up I of course factory reset many times etc and it didn t help There was a cycle The built-in wasn t working so I put in the dongle Then after a while of using the dongle the My Asus laptop's WiFi won't work built-in WiFi took over started working and I could unplug Anyway this was a year ago I took it to Best Buy and they apparently fixed it but it acted up again the day after I got it and then worked for a few months before I had trouble with it again My hard drive failed so I took it to another computer shop and got a new hard drive and I think there might be something wrong with the drivers even though I ve installed uninstalled downloaded from website and updated etc Now here s what happens When turn on my computer for the first time or wake it up from sleep the WiFi built in doesn t work it can t connect to any networks I My Asus laptop's WiFi won't work have to turn off the WiFi antenna with Fn-F and then click troubleshoot where it says no connections are available It then goes through troubleshooting and and then has an option for quot turn on wireless capability I click on it and it turns on the antenna wireless capability and it works This is consistent I can always get it to work that way though sometimes it takes more than try Can you help me fix this Thank you New I did a clean reinstall of Windows not the built in one but the from CD one On the advice of someone in another forum It now doesn t even work when I click troubleshoot

A:My Asus laptop's WiFi won't work

New: I did a clean reinstall of Windows 7 (not the built in one, but the from CD one). On the advice of someone in another forum. It now doesn't
even work when I click troubleshoot.

Did you install the drivers?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/482464/my-asus-laptops-wifi-wont-work/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi I have a new Asus with windows I have been atte ting to connect to m home wifii but all it says is quot cannot connect quot I can see the connection then once i attempy to connect it disappears and i must restart to try again I tried turning wifii off and on again on the laptop I connect to wifii. laptop 8) wont (windows Asus New checked the password on another device and I am entering it correctly Ive reset the IP address and reset the router Ive seen on some forums people having a similar issue with windows but no solutions Please see below for the quot ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name deleted Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Connexion au r seau local Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct New laptop (windows 8) wont connect to wifii. Asus Virtual Adapter Physical Address - -D - New laptop (windows 8) wont connect to wifii. Asus - -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Qualcomm Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - -D - - -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - - E-DA-F - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e ce a c b f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained March PM Lease Expires March PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - E- -D - - - E-DA-F - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap CA -D D - EEC-AF - F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Carte Microsoft ISATAP Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Connexion au r seau local Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d ab c f fe Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe c f fe Preferred Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - E- -D - - - E-DA-F - NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Please assist me It is such a hassle having the a cable Regards nbsp

A:New laptop (windows 8) wont connect to wifii. Asus

Whats the make and model of the PC
have you downloaded the driver from the manufacturers website

or you can use this driver from atheros website - dont update - actually needs to be installed
AR9485
http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-download.php?chipset=22&system=8

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-laptop-windows-8-wont-connect-to-wifii-asus.1092657/
Relevancy 59.77%

My on board audio wont work from a cold start.The little sound control speaker in the bar at the lower right of the screen doesn't come up. If I restart it from the log in screen it then works. For some reason it won't load from a cold start. Any help would be great!

My system specs are in my profile.

A:On board audio wont work at start up

Have u tried uninstalling the drivers & installing the latset ones?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/on-board-audio-wont-work-at-start-up.50655/
Relevancy 59.77%

I recently had a massive virus on my computer so I used system recovery to clean it. After recovering my system my sound card has been undetectable. I thought this may have been due to my driver I have tried downloading and re-installing the driver (RtkHDAud.sys) but infortunatly it hasn't worked. Any help would be much apperciated. Thanks...

A:Realtek Audio driver wont work....

In Device Manager ( Right click My Computer > Properties > Hardware tab > Device Manager), are there any yellow question marks or exclamation marks?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/realtek-audio-driver-wont-work-278086.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi I have an Asus K e-BBR laptop running Windows Home Premium bit I've WiFi Asus laptop's My doesn't work had it for years I didn't have trouble with the WiFi for a My Asus laptop's WiFi doesn't work few months but then it My Asus laptop's WiFi doesn't work started acting up I of course factory reset many times etc and it didn't help There was a cycle The built-in wasn't working so I put in the dongle Then after a while of using the dongle the built-in WiFi took over started working and I could unplug Anyway this was a year ago I took it to Best Buy and they apparently fixed it but it acted up again the day after I got it and then worked for a few months before I had trouble with it again My hard drive failed so I took it to another computer shop and got a new hard drive and I think there might be something wrong with the drivers even though I've installed uninstalled downloaded from website and updated etc Now here's what happens When turn on my computer for the first time or wake it up from sleep the WiFi built in doesn't work it can't connect to any networks I have to turn off the WiFi antenna with Fn-F and then click troubleshoot where it says 'no connections are available' It then goes through troubleshooting and and then has an option for quot turn on wireless capability' I click on it and it turns on the antenna wireless capability and it works This is consistent I can always get it to work that way though sometimes it takes more than try Can you help me fix this Thank you

A:My Asus laptop's WiFi doesn't work

Most tech enthusiasts would never run the corrupt factory preinstall with all of the bloatware that throttles Win7 native performance, but instead get the superior Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7.

Follow the steps about putting your wireless driver in your backup so if it isn't provided by installer you can install it to connect to your netowrk and get online quickly.

Then if you stick with the tools and methods given in the tutorial only, you'll get and keep a perfect install for as long as you do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/274473-my-asus-laptops-wifi-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,

This is the second time in six months, my laptop Asus VM70, 2.54 Ghz with Vista home Premium crashes . The first time, a 'friend' helped and erased all data. Now I want to do it myself. Having read through the Tech Support Guy posts, it tried Esc, F1 and F2 to make the computer boot from the recovery DVD. I do get the Bios screen, but it does not respond to the F2 strokes, to switch to 'boot from drive'. It is busy 'initalizing the USB controllers'. I have also tried the F9 for the recovery partition, but also no response. The laptop shows the Asus and intel logos on a black schreen.

Does anyone have a trick to fix this?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Thur

Relevancy 59.34%

Guys, i accidentally booted into my asus recovery partition (by pressing F9) when trying to boot to the BIOS, and now every time i try and boot the computer, it boots right to the recovery partition and i cant get it to boot into my Windows drive.

A:[SOLVED] ASUS Laptop wont boot to Win7 (C:) partition

See this MS site. It applies to 7 as much as XP: How to edit the Boot.ini file in Windows XP

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-asus-laptop-wont-boot-to-win7-c-partition-654122.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Title sums it up show won't Headset Audio Manager, and in wont up USB work. Its a cyber acoustics headset which comes with a USB port an earphone and a microphone First suggestion I KNOW you will make is tweak the audio settings I have done this endlessly Nothing is muted especially not the built in mute button on the headset Furthermore the Sound Bar that goes up when it gets input Does not go up when I speak and with feedback on I don t hear anything Strangely enough there is a little attachment going across USB Headset won't show up in Audio Manager, and wont work. the wire and when I USB Headset won't show up in Audio Manager, and wont work. tap it I get the feedback of the tap and the sound bar goes up I have tweaked A LOT with the settings set it to default uninstalled and reinstalled drivers I have gone the whole miles Also it does not show up in the Realtek Hd Audio Manager Because USB ports are not counted as Audio Jacks Any suggestions PS It used to work on this computer I do not know what has changed nbsp

A:USB Headset won't show up in Audio Manager, and wont work.

So does it work on another computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-headset-wont-show-up-in-audio-manager-and-wont-work.984907/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi please forgive me if I don't explain much very well I'm not a very tech savvy person but this Laptop (Distorted/Crackling) Audio Windows Issue ASUS Please 7 Help problem has driven me mad I have tried to search around for help but I can't get the right answers it's always for a different model of ASUS or some different sound device for Windows - I just don't know how to solve this issue About a month or so ago my laptop started producing these very annoying screeching sounds in one side of my headphones I thought nothing of it but then later when I would play a song or a video whether it was internet based or from my computer I would hear crackling popping sounds from my headphones while it played increasing in intensity as I put the volume up Even if the volume was done the popping would be very loud ASUS Laptop Windows 7 Audio Issue (Distorted/Crackling) Please Help and wouldn't go away unless I muted the speakers The problem is NOT my headphones because I tried ASUS Laptop Windows 7 Audio Issue (Distorted/Crackling) Please Help listening with different sets and all had the same problem It's not just the jack either I think because when I take the headphones out the problem persists and the audio is laggy and distorted Sometimes the audio will lag so badly I can't make it out and pop so much and sometime it even just goes berserk sounds like a bad television hum but much louder and like an annoying buzz until it goes back to popping and crackling The nasty problem occurs with both speakers and headphones and it's just very annoying I can't listen to music without hearing this annoying popping crackling screeching buzz noises And it's not just when I play music either It's when I do -anything- ASUS Laptop Windows 7 Audio Issue (Distorted/Crackling) Please Help on my computer Eventually the noise will stop if I don't do ANYTHING But as soon as I click something say I run my internet application the sounds will reappear I don't know why this is As I've mentioned I've tried looking for help but I don't understand anything or the problem does not apply to me my model of laptop I have an ASUS running Microsoft Windows Home Premium System Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer Inc System Model K IJ System Type x -based PC I don't know how to check the sound card name or anything like that but under system information it says the sound device is named VIA High Definition Audio The last time I tried to do a driver update for my audio drivers it said everything was up to date and did not do anything Disabling uninstalling re-enabling reinstalling drivers did not do anything to help But what do I know I would love any help I can get from someone who can explain this stuff to me so I'm sorry if I test your patience with my limited knowledge of technology I'm just really sick and tired of this problem Thank you to anyone who can help me

A:ASUS Laptop Windows 7 Audio Issue (Distorted/Crackling) Please Help

Try downloading and installing the latest sound driver.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Notebooks - ASUS K50IJ

Click on link, go to download tab and enter OS info. Then select Audio driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/146650-asus-laptop-windows-7-audio-issue-distorted-crackling-please-help.html
Relevancy 58.91%

My Asus X550LD laptop do not have any sound from internal speaker and headphone jack.
After update the driver,it still not working.
There is no any sound device found in device manager.
So I decide to open the laptop and see whether there have the internal audio chip or not.
But I don't know where is the audio chip location.
Because this laptop I just buy it from eBay.
Any expert had such information,please help me and provide me some information.
Thank you for taking a look.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/50255-where-audio-chip-location-asus-x550ld-laptop-motherboard.html
Relevancy 58.48%

ASUS laptop - after installing windows 10, I am unable to use mouse or touchpad. there is no response. The touch screen works.

A:ASUS laptop Mouse & touchpad don't work after W10 install

First thing I would try is this, as it's easy:Turn off laptop, remove power cord, remove main battery if at all possible. Next hold the Power Off/On button down for about 20 seconds to discharge the motherboard components. This has helped unstick things at odd times.Otherwise, see if you can make your way to Device Manager and see if any errors are showing under "Keyboard" and "Mice and other pointing devices". Let us know if any errors are showing (usually small yellow icons). You could also under each appropriate sub-heading right click and use Uninstall then restart the computer. DO NOT say yes to any request to remove software. On restart this will find the items as new hardware and attempt to re-establish the software, which often fixes issues.Failing that check with your computer manufacturer to see if you have the latest drivers for both items, preferably ones that say Win 10.I realise this will be fiddling from the touch screen so I wish you well. If necessary you might be able to download drivers as files on another computer then see if you can copy them across using a flash drive.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanksmessage edited by Derek

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/asus-laptop-mouse-touchpad-dont-work-after-w10-install/194.html
Relevancy 58.48%

So I wanted to restore my PC by down grading from win8 to win7 ( I've done that many times )
but I never use the same .iso file, and this time, when I download the proper file to get my wifi working ( I'm using an asus k55a ) it unfortunately doesn't work.

It says "The installation XML file is either missing or corrupted. The setup application will exit! "
I've searched and I couldn't find any help to get this problem gone so I decided to go back to window 8, but I'm not able to boot from any .iso file, neither in window7
For some reasons I can only boot from DVD/CD but when I get to boot nothing happen ...

So I'm a bit stuck here, if someone could give me any advice that would be much appreciated,

regards, william.

A:Can't get wifi driver to work on Asus K55A laptop

You dloaded the driver directly from Asus and it still says it`s corrupted ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/358346-cant-get-wifi-driver-work-asus-k55a-laptop.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Around 5 Times A Day The Audio On My Pc Stops Working And I Have To Go To Control Panel>administrative Tools>services>windows Audio

And I Have To Start It Myself...why Does It Keep Malfunctioning?

A:How Come I Have To Start Windows Audio Manually? It Wont Work Automaticly

Is the service set to Automatic?
Windows Audio Service

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-come-i-have-to-start-windows-audio-manually-it-wont-work-automaticly-124118.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi all,
after upgrading to Windows 10, I see that my projector OPTOMA is not recognized via cable HDMI by my laptop ASUS X751L : no image with message 'source not found' !! (while the cable VGA works perfectly !) I suspected that it's a problem of driver but I don't know which is the missing driver ! ? Can someone help me ? Thanks a lot .

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/44792-hdmi-doesnt-work-after-upgrading-windows-10-asus-laptop.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a laptop now at my friends that DOESNT WORK! Back in 2010 the laptop started to turn off randomly, but then about 6 months ago it just gave in and shut down randomly and wont turn on, like NOTHING HAPPENS. No lights, no screen, no sound, no ANYTHING! Power button does nothing, the bootloader doesn't show and the hard drives doesn't move. Please tell me as soon a posible!Spoiler (Highlight to read)Im not shure its the correct productIm not shure its the correct product 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-wont-WORK/td-p/5650531
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a Compaq Presario 1694 that I recently upgraded to 30 gig hard drive and 194 mg of RAM. I also installed Windows XP Professional and this worked great for about a week. Now I cant get it to boot. When I turn it on, the COMPAQ logo comes up and I hit F8. When I make a selection there, like run in SAFE MODE or Start Windows Normally the screen will freeze. Any ideas? This is my sons college p.o.s. computer and I need it to last a little bit longer! HELP!

A:Laptop wont work!

sounds to me like the hard-drive crapped out on you... try getting a new one on warentee and i also wouldnt put xp on a computer that old... try windows 2000

Matt

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f108/laptop-wont-work-26074.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have an acer travelmate 2450. I have upgraded the cpu to a 2 GHz dual core and 1.5 ram. I have recently got my hand on 2 1GB stick of ram. When i put them both in the computer wont boot. However when I put them in one at a time it does boot. What is the problem and why wont they both work at the same time? (THe max amount of ram on the motherboard is 2Gb so i am not going over the limit)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-ram-wont-work-help.703107/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi!
I have all my class assignments on a CD. Up until today, I have been able to open the CD on my laptop and access my files. Today, when I popped the CD in, there was nothing on it. I put the CD in my other computer, and it reads the CD fine. The only trouble is that computer does not have MS Office on it so opening the files on that computer is just as useless.
Should I restart my computer? (I don't remember seing any notifications that I got new updates)
Is my drive dirty? (if so, what is the best way to clean it?)
Thanks for any advice!

Relevancy 56.33%

ok I have a Toshiba MK GSX GB SATA Laptop HDD which i have been wont laptop work told has failed I finally got a Sata Pata converter card only goes SATA TO laptop wont work PATA in an attempt to recover the data When i boot my desktop with my regular HDD PATA and the SATA HDD as the secondary it would detect that it was a Toshiba MK GSX but would not boot SO I plugged the primary HDD in on its own cable in pl and the SATA on its own cable in pl I then was able to boot The black screen at the boot showed the drive but when windows came up and I checked in MY COMPUTER XP the drive was not there So i then went to ADD NEW HARDWARE and there was no help ALSO I have a second PATA HDD that i use to store files so i know i can have more than Update i ordered BRAND NEW GB HDDs of the exact same type I ran the out-of-box-state restore and it installed Windows Vista and set the new HDD as if it was OoB When laptop restarted it got to the Windows loading screen and the SD card reader light came on with no card and would not progress I tried putting a card in and removing it and it then went to CONFIGURING WINDOWS FOR FIRST TIME USE Afterwards it restarted and got to the loading screen SD light came on and never progressed even after trying adding removing card hrs later no progress nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-work.749413/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a laptop now at my friends that DOESNT WORK! Back in 2010 the laptop started to turn off randomly, but then about 6 months ago it just gave in and shut down randomly and wont turn on, like NOTHING HAPPENS. No lights, no screen, no sound, no ANYTHING! Power button does nothing, the bootloader doesn't show and the hard drives doesn't move. Please tell me as soon a posible! (I think the motherboard died) Spoiler (Highlight to read)Im not shure its the correct productIm not shure its the correct product  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-wont-WORK-AT-ALL/td-p/5650532
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello

My mic wont work on my computer. I got an external mic and creative sb x-fi sound card. The mic worked perfect on my laptop (running win7) where it got recognized at once. When I plug it in on my soundcard i look at the sound settings I see " Microphone, creative sb x-fi, standardenhet". When i plugged it in on the laptop it said like" Microphone, external blablabal" I've downloaded the latest drivers , tested my mic in all plugs ( on the front of comp too) but nothin seems to work. In teh sound settings it never change from "Microphone, creative sb x-fi, standardenhet" when i connect mic. It's like it dont even recognize the mic.
what to do?
Ty for help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mic-wont-work-win-7-works-laptop.977844/
Relevancy 55.9%

my hp laptop has a d/ drive for backup but when I try to back up files I get a backup failed notification

A:hp laptop d/ backup wont work

Hi patrick477,Welcome to the BC forums.Your d/ drive is probably set up for use as a recovery drive, as opposed to a place for backups.Look at START -> COMPUTER and a screen showing your various drives should pop up. Does it show Recover (D:)?Take a look at the HP Customer Care site here and see if it addresses your problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/378374/hp-laptop-d-backup-wont-work/
Relevancy 55.9%

I need help. I got fed up with XP so I changed OS back to 2000 on my laptop and my desktop. Now the cd-rw will not work, the pc's both recognize them as their respective titles of write-ables. But if you place a blank disc in both will not see the disc. Also there is no burning due to do burners available. I can still use the cd part to read from if the disc is formatted and has info. I updated the drives and still have no success. Please help.

Relevancy 55.9%

My internet wont work, ive tried using both crome and IE but both browsers say that I am not connected to the internet despite the fact my computer says that I am connected to the internet. I know its not a network problem because my other devices are connecting fine. Also I tried connecting to the wifi at home and at school and it still does not work. My laptop is a HP ProBook 6390b and I am using windows 7. This problem started occurring after about 4 months disuse of my laptop which I think might be a factor as to why its not working. I have run windows updater and run a scan with my antivirus but still nothing helps. Thank you for any assistance in advance.

A:Internet wont work on laptop

Have you kept up and installed all the Windows 7 updates and are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-wont-work-on-laptop.204944/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hey everyone,
So today my friend dropped his laptop and said that the computer wont work. So I took it in my hands. The laptop is a Acer 5532-5194. The problem is that when ever i boot the laptop, all the leds turn on ( the power led, the optical drive led) and even the optical drive can eject, but no display! Its just a black screen and nothing appears. I tried to boot it without the battery and just AC adaptor but that didn't make a difference. I swapped hard drives with my own laptop, that didn't work. Not sure what else to try and what the heck the problem is. I even plugged it into a external monitor seeing if that would do any good...NOPE, I was wrong. So could someone else tell me what I could do to fix it and what the problem may be?
Thanks

Relevancy 55.9%

Hello all, my laptop wont run, it comes up with a screen and it says power on and key. But other than this it wont do nothing. I cannot access anything and no button does anything. Is the computer locked? Is there a way i can fix this?

A:My laptop wont work properly

Of course yur laptop cannot run..becoz they don't have legs to run hehe..

Does it new Laptop or old laptop ? try to go to safe mode by pressing F8 see if it load..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-wont-work-properly.459243/
Relevancy 55.9%

the bottom half of my laptop does not work.. im typing with an on screen keyboard and a plug in mouse but here is the story.. it was thundering out and it was pretty bad so then the lights flickered, shutting down my xbox (i was playing that) and my computer was STILL plugged in so i think it might have fried something or loose wires.. this all was on like 6/24/2010... still messed up today, so.. any one know something that can be done?? besides taking it to best buy? it was an christmas gift and i took it in 1 time before for, it had an active worm virus in it so it is in good condition and its the whole keyboard spared all the ports.

A:keyboard wont work for laptop

It does sound like the storm damaged it. If it is still under warranty then take it back immediately.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/keyboard-wont-work-for-laptop-494211.html
Relevancy 55.9%

My friend has a laptop at home, he has Dial up connection, it works on the home PC but not his laptop. It was working but just stopped,

I took the Laptop into work and hooked it up to the wireless connection and the same thing happens. (No connection)

I think there might be a virus on this system stopping it from working.

Does anyone have any tips for stuff to check, Or any programs i can download, Burn to CD and run on his PC.

I was thinking Spybot Serach and destory and maybe Hi-jack this.

If anyone has any pointers please let me know

PS this laptop is running very slow..

thanks.

A:web wont work / slow laptop.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/showthread.php?t=15968

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/web-wont-work-slow-laptop-115706.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi again :)

This one is puzzling me alot :/ I cant seem to get the homegroup working between my desktop and my laptop (both running Windows 7 HE SP1). I create the homegroup with my desktop and used the password provided to connect to it on my laptop. It says they are connected. I can access my laptops libraries on my desktop, but if i try to use my laptop to access the desktops libraries i see this:

I have tried disabling the firewall (Avg) on both computers.. Id also like to add that the desktop computer does not always show up in the network.. it is very inconsistent.. I have no clue what is going on!
Any help?!?
Thanks
Labarr15

A:Laptop wont work with homegroup

Well start with what it lists there first. Particularity the network location. Also, if you have Windows firewall up try disabling it as well.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-wont-work-with-homegroup-587693.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I recently got a used laptop from someone and I wanted to store a fresh new Windows XP. I deleted everything off the hard drive and installed it. I then went to go on the internet and nothing happens. I go to comand prompt and type in..ipconfic/renew and all that stuff but its not reading anything. When I plug in the ethernet nothing pops up on the bottom right which it should do.
I would like it if anyone could help my situation.
THANKS

A:Internet Wont Work On Laptop

You probably need to install the chipset drivers. Specifically you need to install the ethernet chip driver. What make and model do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-wont-work-on-laptop.91173/
Relevancy 55.9%

The camera on my Laptop does not work and has never worked.  When i click on the "Camera App" from the start menu the app opens and says "to get started connect a camera".  When i try to use the camera online it wont open and doesnt detect there is one.  Please help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Camera-wont-work-on-Laptop/td-p/5641462
Relevancy 55.9%

have about a year Toshiba laptop and I right [Help] wont laptop on Windows my XP work am having [Help] Windows XP wont work right on my laptop extreme trouble with it I am about to throw it out my third story window but I thought I [Help] Windows XP wont work right on my laptop should post here to see if any if you guys could help It all started about a month ago when my computer was running very slowly and one day I got a message saying message saying windows have to shut down due to a critical error So it shut down and when I tried to reboot it said windows could not run because of a missing windows directory and to run the recovery console on the windows XP CD Well the problem was that I don t have the window XP CD just the Toshiba recovery CD which formats the drive and automatically installs windows XP Well so I tried using the Toshiba Recovery CD but kept on getting either a bad system partition error it installed but when I restarted all I got was a blank screen like no operating system was installed or that same windows directory error About after the th try of using the Toshiba recovery CD I got windows installed successfully However it ran very very very slow even at the boot up I managed to run ad aware and a virus scanner and it found spy ware and viruses on it even though it was a clean install That s not my main problem though every time my computer went to sleep automatically after hr or so and came back up it would show that same windows error Saying that windows could not start because the windows system config system directory is missing So I ran the recovery CD again and the same thing happens once I finally get windows installed it goes to sleep and never gets back up successfully This has been an endless process So I got a couple questions to ask in order to attempt to fix this before I throw the damn thing out the window Anyone ever heard of this problem and a solution of windows not starting up properly after it automatically goes to sleep How it is possible for me to still have spy ware and viruses after I format it with the Toshiba recovery CD My CPU usage fluctuates from about to constantly I assume this is because of the spy ware and virus s but I ran ad-aware and it said I had processes and process modules What exactly are process modules and what are other reasons for my CPU usage to be so high I am running off a local area university connection connecting with my USB port is it possible the virus s and spy ware on getting on through there after I run the Toshiba recovery console Is there any diagnostics software program that can tell me the condition of my hard drive ram etc can of like a benchmarking program That s about it for now if you have any idea how to get my laptop back to normal health please respond Also can you give some tips and any routine maintenance you perform to prevent from something like this happening Thanks for your help David nbsp

A:[Help] Windows XP wont work right on my laptop

Instead of using the recovery cd, try to get a window xp cd from someone and do the clean installation again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-windows-xp-wont-work-right-on-my-laptop.338139/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a toshiba satellite A105 with XP OS.
When I close my laptop it does not stay in standby mode. The audio and video also have this studdering problem.

I have realtek hi-def audio driver version - 5.10.0.5200, diretX version 9.0c (4.09.000.0904). I tried to update the drivers from the device manager and it said there were no better drivers available. Am I suppose to update the motherboard? If so, how do I do that?
It is free of all malware.
This is what has been done so far:
http://forums.techguy.org/malware-r...s/797289-laptop-wont-stay-standby-mode-2.html

Thanks!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-studdering-and-laptop-wont-stay-in-standby.810219/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a new Dell laptop Inspiron 1545 with Windows 7 64-bit, Pentium(R) Dual core CPU T4200 @ 2.0GHz (2CPU's), 4096MB RAM. The graphics card is an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330

The main problem is that the Sims 3 game wont load on it. I put it in and I can hear it whizzing round however nothing happens and it doesnt recognise it. There are no error messages or anything.

I have used the game on a previous Dell laptop and it worked fine so the game is alright, also, I have played other games on my new laptop and its fine. On the other hand it doesnt recognise certain DVD's either. I thought the spec of my laptop was adequate for the Sims 3 but I could be wrong. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

A:Sims 3 wont work on new Dell laptop

What happens when you double-click on the DVD drive letter in Computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sims-3-wont-work-on-new-dell-laptop.896845/
Relevancy 55.47%

hi, i accidently dropped averatec laptop...now when starting it up it goes straight to the save mode screen then starts the windows xp logo while the bar is moving and get stuck there for couple minutes then restarts the laptop over again..it doesnt even get to my log on screen...anyone know what i can do to fix this issue??thanks!

Relevancy 55.47%

So as the title says the keys on the top of my laptop Under the F Numbers Laptop Keyboard work wont on keys don t work in the sense that they give a jumble of symbols more than one number rather than what it should So from left to right finishing at the backspace this is what i get What you should normally get is on the left and what i got is on the right Doesn t give any number it just opens a new tab in the browser - - - With Shift amp amp amp - Sometimes it works alright and other Numbers on Laptop Keyboard wont work times this is what happens Though this is the longest period of time that it has been messed up for Also all the other keys work fine System Specs Also i Numbers on Laptop Keyboard wont work haven t spilt anything really on there I did spray my keyboard with some disinfectant a few times to clean it and stuff but other than that no copious amounts of liquid Please help me nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/numbers-on-laptop-keyboard-wont-work.1048830/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have an IBM Thinkpad T42 and the CD drive wont read CDs... it reads like 1/60 CDs but it Reads DVDs ok. It gets errors in the middle of burning and its pissing me off cause I cant boot my live versions of linux now any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-cd-drive-wont-work-properly.318307/
Relevancy 55.47%

Ok i have a dell latitude c wont speakers My do work headphones (laptop) laptop When i go to device manager and check sound video and game controllers and press the sign the following things come down -AUDIO CODECS -AUDIO CODECS -INTEL R AC AUDIO CONTROLLER-SIGMATEL CODEC -LEGACY AUDIO DRIVERS -LEGACY VIDEO CAPTURE DEVICE -MEDIA CONTROL DEVICES -VIDEO CODECS I did the basic things going to audio control and un-mute everything and put it on full and then checked my laptop for volume button there was none except for a keyboard command to adjust volume i set it to high There is nothing wrong with the sound card no yellow exlamation mark Speakers worked till weeks ago System restore is not a option Im working on a windows xp pro No driver Cd and not a funtional CD DRIVE on the laptp anyway The speakers seem to work when i enter system restore it makes a loud beep noise so im guessing the speakers are still working Any tips Fix and help will be appreciated IF I HAVE TO CHANGE My speakers wont work (laptop) headphones do THE SOUND CARD DRIVER CAN SOME ONE GIVE ME A LINK IM NOT GREAT WHEN IT COMES TO DRIVERS TY LAST THING IF I HAVE TO RE SOILTER SOME My speakers wont work (laptop) headphones do WIRE OF THE SPEAKRS INSIDE CAN SOME DRAW ME A GUIDE SO I KNOW WHAT IM DOING TY APPRECIATED nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-speakers-wont-work-laptop-headphones-do.656174/
Relevancy 55.47%

Can someone help me please I have been trying to use the Copyright ansi code for some of my pictures and I cant get it to work on my laptop.
Hp Pavilion zv6000

A:Ansi codes wont work on Laptop

Welcome!

Do you want to have the symbol appear (The ASCII Copyright symbol)?

If so it is ALT+0169
However it only works on the number pad, not the top row of number keys below the Function keys.

Try enabling the Numlock and using the embedded alternate number keys in the main keyboard?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ansi-codes-wont-work-on-laptop.576076/
Relevancy 55.47%

hey, here i have a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo-pro v3405.
I recently installed vista home premium x86 on it, but after all drivers are installed. The only thing failing to start is my Intel 3945abg wireless network card.
I've checked the Unit list, petty I do not recall what it was called, anyway, it wont work. When I run diagnostics, all it says is, use the pre-made button to turn on your wireless network card. Guess what, I tried all the buttons for the wireless, but no. Won't work.
I did work fine in Xp though.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wi-fi-card-in-laptop-wont-work-with-vista-401044.html
Relevancy 55.47%

i have an hp laptop dv6915nr. restore disks stop at 23% with error 0x400110020000100b if problem continues please contact customer support, witch i did. it seems some how i deleted info on the hard drive for the disks to install. hp will not tell me how to fix this. they want me to send it in for repair at 400$ or a new hard drive at 200$. i can install xp or vista but the drivers will not install and nothing works. ie wireless internet ethernet card. can not connect to internet. can anybody tell me how i can get my recovery disks to work?

thanks

Relevancy 55.47%

I used to have a laptop connected with wireless (netgear WG511) through a router (D-link) to my main computer with the internet.

Yesterday I got a new laptop, upgrading from an IBM r40 to an r52, and was wondering how to get the wireless network working again. The r52 appears to have a wireless card built in, and can find networks, as it can find my neighbours one (but cant connect)

I tried installing the Netgear external wireless card, but that didnt do anything except make a new network connection, which also didnt work.

If there is any other information thats needed, please let me know cos I really dont have much idea at all...

Both computers run Windows XP

Cheers

Relevancy 55.47%

Dell inspiron 1470

The main problem is that the Sims 3 game wont load on it. I put it in and I can hear it whizzing round however nothing happens and it doesnt recognise it. There are no error messages or anything.

A:Sims 3 wont work on Dell Laptop

Can you access the disc through manually through My Computer? If not, then I would try the disc on another computer. If it doesn't work there, it's possibly a bad disc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sims-3-wont-work-on-dell-laptop.995930/
Relevancy 55.04%

After i performeda system recovery due to problems i was having my audio will not work and it worked perfectly before the recovery please help me

Relevancy 54.61%

my seagate momentus xt 2.5 won't work in my gateway dx4822 desktop. The fan just spins for a second & the desktop computer won't turn on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hybrid-laptop-harddrive-wont-work-in-desktop.1164261/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi All. My friend is in a predicament she went to her laptop and the internet wont connect. She used it last night. She has a Gateway Laptop with windows 7, 64 bit.

Please help!!!!

Relevancy 54.61%

I have an 'Icon' laptop which I baught in Tesco. Windows XP. I then purchaced a 19" LCD
Screen from LIDL. I wanted to watch my laptop on the large screen, but it does'nt show me what is on my laptop I have to drag the page to the screen. I tried it with an old computer and it worked perfectly that was because It replaced the monitor which is not possible with a laptop. can anybody help or can anybody tell me if it just doesnt work with a laptop.

Many thanks.

A:New 19"wide screen wont work with laptop

See if this helps:
http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-3121_7-5021307-1.html
Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-19-wide-screen-wont-work-with-laptop.643686/
Relevancy 54.61%

I just installed Windows 7 on my mac laptop and when i try to do the SAME EXACT thing on my imac it turns black and says 1. 2. press boot options and it wont work.

can somebody please tell me what is going on? They are on the exact same OS, it makes no since why 1 would work and the other not?

A:Installed W7 on laptop, worked. Now iMac wont work?

your trying to install the x64 version right? the 32 bit version doesnt do this, and there is a fix for the x64 version that requires you to edit a bunch of files. Sorry I don't have the info but its do-able but I just went 32 bit since the iMac can only use 4 gigs RAM anyway.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/7273-installed-w7-laptop-worked-now-imac-wont-work.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I am running a HP L2000 special edition windows XP. My touch pad works fine; I think it is sp/2. My optical mouse from Targus is old and was working until today. I am searching for a driver update but so far nothing seems to be working. Optic is fine. Love the mouse. It has a scroll wheel on top with rt and lft buttons; s/n B0508039183. I do not know if you call that a wheel ( I thought wheel was on bottom). there is nothing but light coming out of the bottom. anyway, I know it is an HID device that may not need a driver per se; but the microsoft windows HID upgrade is not working. I paid for (cough) driver tool, driver navigator etc and went to the hewlett packard site where it suggested I download another drivertool - then I realized I shouldnt keep paying.

Can anyone help me get this old mouse continue working?

A:targus optical mouse wont work on hp laptop xp

Hello -Is THIS your model and the drivers you are looking for - Place your pointer over each one, and see if they match yours -Thank You - EDIT - Will your XP version update to SP3 or not ?? To check your SP - Go > Start > Right click on My Computer >Properties and it will show Version and Service Pack -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/449901/targus-optical-mouse-wont-work-on-hp-laptop-xp/
Relevancy 54.61%

So I purchased this really fly looking red an black computer with touchscreen I was so excited to use it I used it for schoolwork for about a month or so One day I turned it on and after boot up a message came on the screen saying Please I IT sad WORK face) (super MY LAPTOP, WANNA WONT USE BUT wait while we update your computer Do not turn computer off So I left it alone to do its thing and used my other laptop i later checked the computer and the log in screen was up so I assumed it was done updating I log in and waited only to be greeted with a black screen with a flashing cursor So I waited some more thinking maybe it wasnt done I WANNA USE MY LAPTOP, BUT IT WONT WORK (super sad face) doing its thing NOTHING So I went online and GOOGLED the issue I was having I performed a hard reset and another reset NOTHING Still same black screen with flashing cursor When I turn the computer off it always boots up to the log in screen but then after that NOTHING I'm so upset I called HP and they told me to send it in because it may be an hardware issue that needs to be fixed but before I do that I wanted to see if anyone else had this problem and were able to fix it This computer is less than months old and has not had much usage SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP I I WANNA USE MY LAPTOP, BUT IT WONT WORK (super sad face) WANNA USE MY COMPUTER

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/I-WANNA-USE-MY-LAPTOP-BUT-IT-WONT-WORK-super-sad-face/td-p/5664500
Relevancy 54.61%

ok my laptop screen is broken and i cant get my monitor to work it was working before but i desided to change my boot mode in msconfig when to safe boot and checked network is there a way to back out of this with out seeing what im doing i posted something like this before but instead of helping me they put me in a catagory that doesint do this 

A:laptop with broken screen second screem wont work help

This is a tough one due to your laptop screen not working and most integrated laptop graphics cards wont be able to push signal to a secondary screen when in safe mode. The best thing you can do is fix the issue with the laptop screen so you can see what you are doing. What exactly is wrong with the laptop screen?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/551335/laptop-with-broken-screen-second-screem-wont-work-help/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,

A few days ago my laptop became so slow it practically cant be used.. so i have tried to system restore from a number of points however i keep getting the message :
System Restore failed to extract the file
(E:\Windows\assembly\NativeImages_v4.0.30319_32\System.Xml\56af718db5fe3b6 from the restore point.
The restore point was damaged or deleted during the restore.

It goes on to say I can try using different restore points which ive already tried without success.. any help would be greatly appreciated!

A:Laptop so slow its unusable.. sys restore wont work

You may find some guidance here: How To Use SFC Scannow to Repair Windows System Files

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-so-slow-its-unusable-sys-restore-wont-work-807193.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I've had an external monitor hooked up to my laptop for ages, showing duplicate screen
--same screen as laptop. Now suddently it went blank, The monitor works fine.

How do I get it to show the laptop screen again. I went to control pannel and display and properties and it seems to be monitor 2. If I click the extend desktop box, I get my screensaver on the external but nothing else-- it doesn't change when my laptop display does.

I could really use the monitor back. Any help would be welcome.

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi nbsp My problem is the following nbsp My HP Envy is picked when correctly, up disa... work does laptop not Audio Notebook has some problems with his audio It can work fine for an hour but when I nbsp move the laptop it begins to fade and hackle and eventually it stops working The green bars on the 'Volume Mix' appear to be working just fine but still there isn't any volume Sometimes when given pressure with my hand Audio does not work correctly, when laptop picked up is disa... or thumb just below the mousepad or right at the back of the laptop nbsp it goes better but the moment I release the volume just stops When standing on a irregular surface it also disappears nbsp I read that there might be problems with the windows update Audio does not work correctly, when laptop picked up is disa... but I don't think this is the problem I also removed al background processes Audio does not work correctly, when laptop picked up is disa... that might give problems to audio But still nothing has happend nbsp Is this a problem that I can fix on my own or do I need to send it to HP for repearing nbsp Thank you nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Audio-does-not-work-correctly-when-laptop-picked-up-is/td-p/5661153
Relevancy 54.18%

hi

i have put win xp on a dell inspiron 1300 laptop. when i try to add the drivers from dell website for the soundcard. it wont work i have tried drivers from elsewhere but all dont work. when i goto device manger there is a question mark over pci device and video controller. im really lost and dont have a clue how to fix this i hope someone can help.

regards

carlo1231

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sigmatel-audio-cannot-get-drivers-to-work-on-dell-laptop-with-xp.673098/
Relevancy 54.18%

So yeah, I use a HDMI - HDMI cable to my laptop whenever I want to watch DVDs on it.
It used to be that the audio would work, but now that does not seem to be the case.

I've tried rolling back to previous versions but to no avail.

And yes, i've lurked through all the previous threads but to no avail.
The default audio device has been set to the TV's, the HDMI audio has been enabled and i've tried everything. Nothing

Please Windows 7 forum guys, you guys are my only hope!

Here are the specs

Acer ASPIRE 4741G
Intel Core 5-460M processor 2.53 GHZ
4 gig ram
Windows 7 64bit Home premium
NVIDIA GT 420M

A:Need Help : Audio won't work when I attach my HDMI cable to my laptop

found this info for you,give it a go and let us know how it went
- Click on the "Start" button
- Click on "Control Panel"
- With the Control Panel in "Control Panel Home" view please click on "Hardware and Sound"
- Where it says "Sound" in green letters there are three options below that are in blue click on "Manage Audio Devices"
- This will bring up a window labeled "Sound"
- On the "Playback" tab there is listed the sound options available to you. One should read "Digital Output Device (HDMI)" Click on that.
- There should now be a check mark on that option.
- The Sound should then play through your HDMI hookups to the TV.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/180748-need-help-audio-wont-work-when-i-attach-my-hdmi-cable-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hiya guys was hoping someone could help after i havnt been able to fix this About weeks ago my toshiba laptop running windows done an update which took a long time after it shut down and rebooted my login wouldnt work i cant remember what it said but it would either just sit at the logining in bit Windows 7 freezing, laptop login wont broken right work etc for ages or start up in a temp login I made Windows 7 laptop wont work right freezing, broken login etc a new one and transfered files over ive left the old login there as im not sure ive copied everything Anyway since the updating thing the laptop freezes and runs ridiculously slow when i Windows 7 laptop wont work right freezing, broken login etc start it up after an hour or so it starts to work fine again Another thing that happens as microsoft keeps flashing a notice saying it may be corrupted and to validate it so i do this legit check thing it tells me to but it doesnt fix anything and keeps asking me to do it Ive been through troubleshooters startup repair installed programs to look for issues viruses I just dont know what to try anymore Thanks Jess

A:Windows 7 laptop wont work right freezing, broken login etc

Hi and welcome to TSF have you tried this How to Run the System File Checker (Sfc.exe) Offline in Windows 7 and Vista - The Winhelponline Blog

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-laptop-wont-work-right-freezing-broken-login-etc-835769.html
Relevancy 54.18%

My laptop is an Optima Centoris v662 and i recently had Microsoft service pack 3 installed over windows vista. ever since i did, my wireless radio turned off and the switches (fn f10 and the seperate switch just above the keyboard) wont work. my wireless card is a intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945AGB but i dont think that is the problem. Nothing i do helps fix the problem. anyone got advice?

A:My wireless radio switches wont work on my optima laptop

Microsoft service pack 3 - for what - is this a Vista Service Pack or Office Service Pack (I'm not an expert at all the latest releases - and cant find a Vista Sp3 - office 2003 SP3 - but that was released in 2007 i think )

try a restore to before service pack 3 and see if that now allows the switch to work
start>programs>accessories>system tools>system restore>

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-wireless-radio-switches-wont-work-on-my-optima-laptop.986760/
Relevancy 54.18%

when i plug earphone the sound keeps coming out of speakers not through earphones. my pc has windows 10.i tried every trick on this forum .pls help

A:headphones wont work on brand new laptop.speaker is fine

Hello @tareya, Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I read your post about the issue with the headphones, and wanted to assist you! To start, can you provide me with the Product Number of the notebook?  Here is a link you can use that will help you find your Model and Product Number:HP Customer Support - Products In the meantime, have you tried connecting the headphones into other devices, just to verify that they are working properly?  Are you audio drivers up to date?  Have you tried checking the settings to make sure that the headphones are set as the default device?  You can review the following document for more assistance with that information: HP PCs - Resolving Headphones and Headset Problems (Windows 8) Please post back with the results.  Let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great weekend!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/headphones-wont-work-on-brand-new-laptop-speaker-is-fine/td-p/5601744
Relevancy 54.18%

So, we have multiple computers that the wireless capability stops working randomly and can be fixed by going in to the BIOS and resetting it to the defaults.

Any idea why?

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I have got a acer aspire laptop with vista home premium the problem i have is that the wireless facility used to work perfectly then i had a a couple of Windows Updates to download and then the next day the wireless never worked The laptop wont let me connect to the work - wont 5630 aspire acer laptop wireless net I have exhausted everything with Netgear about my Router and it is definately not my Router I can access the net via a ethernet cable connected to my router via my laptop There is a cable from my modem to my router and every thing runs like a dream Until i disconnect cable from laptop and try to connect to my network The Network says connected acer aspire 5630 laptop - wireless wont work but with limited access The Windows Network Diagnostics window appears saying quot The network adapter quot Wireless Network Connection is not correctly configured to use the IP protocol I have tried the Manage Network connections route but to no avail The window which comes up says quot network adapter Intel R PRO Wireless abg Network Connection quot is experiencing driver or hardware related issues quot I have gone on my Driver and looked for updates but the system says that it is up to date The other message that appears is quot make sure your Internet Protocol Bindings are correct quot Again i have gone on these properties and made sure IPv and IPv boxes are checked I am really hacked off now because these support helplines dont come cheap and i have just been told ACER charge p a minute and i will probably be on the phone for an hour if i phone them Please be my saviour and restore order in my house Cheers Hutcho nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

hi i just got a new laptop today im using steam it says i need to download flash player ive installed it looked it up on add and remove programs but i cant use it and it wont run please help

A:Adobe flash player wont work on my new dell xps 15 laptop

Hi Rambo,

Did you ever find the Flash Player in the Add/Remove programs view?
Please uninstall the Flash player, reboot the machine, then download and reinstall it again.

Is it steam that isn't recognizing the Flash Plugin? Because the Flash plugin is only really used in the Browser-view of steam and shouldn't affect it's functionality in any other way.

If both are installed and problem persists after reboot, also Repair steam from Add/Remove programs after Flash has been installed, to make sure that Steam knows it's installed from the start.

Otherwise get back to us with more information, what error codes you get, where it won't load etc etc.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/adobe-flash-player-wont-work-on-my-new-dell-xps-15-laptop-595710.html
Relevancy 54.18%

None of my games will work wont - changed work- system work wont restore reg games I took some advice of a forum because I couldnt get Perfect World to work and changed something in the registry to do with the port Now no game will work and i would change it back but i dont know what it was previously My system restores wont changed reg - games wont work- system restore wont work work wont even undo and theres only one days worth there now I dont know how to do a utilities reg scan which I think may be what I need to do I dont know if its in my pc or on my XP disk I cant use the disk because I dont changed reg - games wont work- system restore wont work know how to find my product code and the person I bought it off has gone to Cyprus I ve done a Drwebcureit but really I need instructions for a year old and I think this has happened since my last one I had a Win Trojan in the other day and Vundo got rid of it I think maybe its got something to do with that maybe its still lurking around Ive done a Combofix amd this was at the top - WARNING -THIS MACHINE DOES changed reg - games wont work- system restore wont work NOT HAVE THE RECOVERY CONSOLE INSTALLED If anyone can help me you would save my life its driving me mad now x nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changed-reg-games-wont-work-system-restore-wont-work.674522/
Relevancy 53.75%

hi, i am pc technician and i have a weird problem

the keys on this latop dont display what the should, so 4rm letters UJN the rest on the right display numbers and wrong letters. I thought to my self hmm must have spilt summit on it, but sthe owner said she didnt. so i have ran a virus scan on her pc, and its totally clean. i then plugged a usb keyboard into the laptop, the keys worked fine on the usb keyboard, AND were fine on the laptop, but as u can imagine things wernt that simple and as i took the usb keyboard out, the laptop went back to GAY mode.

any one else got any suggestions??? am lost

A:laptop keybpard letters wont work/only half keyboardw works HELP!!!

sounds like an internal cable or connection issue between the keyboard and board.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keybpard-letters-wont-work-only-half-keyboardw-works-help.47262/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have an HP G72 laptop running windows 7 home premium. yesterday when i was on the computer all of a sudden screen turned white and the only button that would work was power button. i held it down and shut off computer. when i turned it back on it goes through the usual boot process up to where i have to enter password for user profile. when i hit enter it will start showing my desktop icons like normal and then just go blank again. when i try to boot in safe mode it goes through the same process except when it starts displaying desktop icons it stops and automatically shuts back down and trys to boot up again in normal mode. if i try to restore it back to a restore point it says there are none available. Any input on what might be causing these problems will be greatly appreciated.

A:laptop boots to blank screen, safe mode wont work

You HDD may be failing. On another computer download the ISO image for Seatools in my signature. Burn the image to CD using IMGBurn also in my signature. Boot off of the newly created CD and run the Short and Long tests on the drive. If either tests fails, the HDD needs to be replaced.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-boots-to-blank-screen-safe-mode-wont-work-703944.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I don't know if "No is Audio Laptop/RealTek Asus Device Output Installed" any of this is related but I wanted to provide as much information as I could for you Asus Laptop/RealTek "No Audio Output Device is Installed" gurus to deal with So here's what happened I left my ASUS K A laptop in sleep mode I opened the lid to wake it up Asus Laptop/RealTek "No Audio Output Device is Installed" logged in and then everything started to load really slowly This hasn't happened before and the computer quickly BSOD'd in that new Windows fashion It restarted and scanned repaired my D drive again in a very slow manner It took maybe minutes just to get to the login screen as opposed to maybe a minute I login and again everything's very slow This time I just hit the power button and reset the laptop that way hoping it'd fix things Unfortunately the same thing happens After doing this about or more times each time spending about to minutes I just let it run after I log in I manage to click the quot Restart quot option on the side after waiting eons for it to respond to my clicks I get it to load and it booted up normally Or so I thought My D drive was suddenly inaccessible and my little volume speaker at the bottom right had the red X beside it saying quot No Audio Output Device is Installed quot I spend another billion years trying to fix my D drive changing permissions and allowing full control and eventually getting full access again most likely with some unknown ramifications I found out after that although my C drive didn't suffer from the same problem as my D drive the C drive would keep asking me for my permission when I moved things around there even though it was never like that before all of this I do the same thing I did with the D drive and seemingly fixed the issue My next focus was on the sound I made the mistake of not checking my Device Manager before I blindly reinstalled a Realtek driver I don't think it made a difference but I'll never know now Anyway I downloaded a Realtek HD Audio driver that should've been compatible with my system but I couldn't get it to finish installing as it ended every installation that I tried with some error code x I go into Device Manager and see two icons with the exclamation marks beside them quot Intel R Display Audio quot and quot Audio Device on High Definition Bus quot The quot Intel R Display Audio quot was under the normal quot Sound video and game controllers quot but the quot Audio Device on High Definition Bus quot was found under quot Other Devices quot So I just uninstall the quot Audio Device on High Definition Bus quot since I've read that sometimes you need to uninstall in order to reinstall something After I uninstall I manage to successfully install a compatible Realtek HD Audio Driver However it still wouldn't give me sound after I restarted my computer as it prompted me to On top of that there was no Realtek HD Audio Driver or anything similar found under quot Sound video and game controllers quot Only quot Intel R Display Audio quot was there and apparently that wasn't working either After uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times I just uninstalled quot Intel R Display Audio quot out of frustration which then led to TWO quot Audio Device on High Definition Bus quot under quot Other Devices quot I go into msinfo and under quot Problem Devices quot there's the two quot Audio Devices on High Definition Bus quot and they have the error code that says quot This device is not configured correctly quot I also don't have anything under quot Sound Device quot I don't know what to do Did my sound card just burn out during the whole D drive Scan Repair fiasco Edit I forgot to add that I've tried the quot Adding Scanning Legacy Hardware quot but I might have done it incorrectly or something because it was unable to successfully install find anything

A:Asus Laptop/RealTek "No Audio Output Device is Installed"

From your description, I'm going to suggest what I try to avoid at all costs. Do a complete reinstall. I know its a hassle but sometimes its what is needed.

Backup your user data to some external media (USB flash drive, CD/DVD media, etc) first as the reinstall will wipe it all out. Then do the reinstall, using the recovery mode that I assume ASUS has (most PC vendors have a recovery partition on the hard drive that will allow restoring to the original factory condition).

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/49791-asus-laptop-realtek-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Im trying to get an audio chat working with a friend of mine in Windows Live messenger, but none of my mic's work. I have 2, and neither one works at all. When I try to set them up in the "audio recognition" in the control panel, the wizard wont start, and it says to make sure my audio hardware is working properly, but everything seems to be in working order.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:MIcrophone's wont work. "Audio not working properly"?

Originally Posted by Venter127

Im trying to get an audio chat working with a friend of mine in Windows Live messenger, but none of my mic's work. I have 2, and neither one works at all. When I try to set them up in the "audio recognition" in the control panel, the wizard wont start, and it says to make sure my audio hardware is working properly, but everything seems to be in working order.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

if you right click your audio icon in the taskbar, and select recording devices, this window will show up.

make sure your microphone is selected as a default device and the microphone itself is plugged into the "red" jack on your computer

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/233874-microphones-wont-work-audio-not-working-properly.html