Windows Support Forum

3 keys won't type on keyboard

Q: 3 keys won't type on keyboard

The keyboard on my Dell 1501, will not the letters I,O,P when I press them. My laptop is older, just three years, and has had moderate use, mainly my husband looking for information. It has the Vista program, I know, but it has worked basically fine for the little use it gets. Nothing has been spilled on it, could they be worn out/

Is there anyway to take the keyboard cover off without damaging it and look to see if there is some type of debris blocking the connection?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: 3 keys won't type on keyboard

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: 3 keys won't type on keyboard

Inspiron 1501 laptop from Dell seems straight forward for removing keyboard to check for debris. Check it out at:
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins1501/en/sm_en/keyboard.htm#wp1111863
Read directions carefully as laptops are quite delicate.

good Luck
Failing that, a new one shouldn't be too expensive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/3-keys-wont-type-on-keyboard.153417/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi All,

Thanks for Support.

I have a Sony laptop with 64bit Vista. WHen I type O it prits 6 and when I type 'P' it prints '*'. I connect USB keyboard, it works fine. Please support me to solve the problem. I already uninstall the keyboard drive and also try with USB keyboard unplug. But the problem is there.

Please support.

A:Laptop Keyboard keys not type exactly

hi and welcome you could try going to start control panel regional and language and try to configure the keyboard options there

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-keyboard-keys-not-type-exactly-355048.html
Relevancy 75.68%

What's a good way to stop the keys from skipping leters when I type? This just started happening, and this system is only a year old.
thanks-

A:Keyboard keys skipping letters when I type

I think we are going to need a bit more info here....are they skipping completely? or are they just delayed? Do any of the keys on your keyboard appear to be stuck lower than the others? Have you spilled anything on your keyboard lately? Make sure it's connected securely to the computer and moving sometimes loosens connections. Also, maybe if you have some canned air, you can blow out around the keys.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-keys-skipping-letters-when-i-type.39856/
Relevancy 75.68%

This is a laptop Advanta brand. After keyboard crush I exchange for another one. Part of the keys working fine, part not. Some of them shows upper marks, which usually goes with Shift. Other shows numbers instead of letters. Totally mess.

I connected regular keobard just for the test and works fine.

Is this a keyboard problem? (Seller assures 100% work ) Or rather computer system?

What eventually I can check?

A:Laptop keyboard type wrong keys

sounds like a key is stuck down

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-type-wrong-keys.849571/
Relevancy 74.82%

I have recently built a new computer, and it has been working fine. The only major problem I have run into is my AULA BE FIRE Expert Gaming Keyboard has stopped working. The back lights are working, but none of the keys type. I have tested other keyboards on my computer and they all work fine. Also, I have tested the keyboard on other computers and it does not work. I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem or if anyone knows how I could fix it. Could it be some sort of driver issue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/394083-aula-expert-gaming-keyboard-keys-dont-type.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I have recently built a new computer, and it has been working fine. The only major problem I have run into is my AULA BE FIRE Expert Gaming Keyboard has stopped working. The back lights are working, but none of the keys type. I have tested other keyboards on my computer and they all work fine. Also, I have tested the keyboard on other computers and it does not work. I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem or if anyone knows how I could fix it. Could it be some sort of driver issue?

A:AULA Expert Gaming Keyboard keys don't type

Hiya and welcome to SevenForums!

Try to re-install the drivers for the keyboard.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/394083-aula-expert-gaming-keyboard-keys-dont-type.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi I have a Sony Vaio VGN-CR Since last evening I m facing a problem with the four arrow keys They type Keyboard junk keys arrow type characters - problem strange characters The up key ends up tying quot oig quot The down key ends up typing a backslash RIght key types quot LJH quot and left key types quot mn quot This is happening in all the applications - office notepad browser etc It s the same characters every time not some random characters For example if I turn the Num Lock on the quot oig quot becomes quot g quot All other keys are working absolutely fine Only these four keys are an issue These also work fine for - mins in between suddenly and then go back to their erratic but predictable ways I tried uninstalling the driver and then reinstalling cleaning the keyboard the keys are absolutely in shape visually As a heavy user of Office I am finding it impossible to handle this even for a day Please help with a solution suggestion nbsp

A:Keyboard problem - arrow keys type junk characters

In our experience with the Vaio keyboards, you have reached the time when a replacment NEW keyboard is the best option.
Sometimes, turning the keyboard upside down and giving it a thorough cleaning with difluoroethane gas such as Dust Off (a lot of it) will take care of it... but not often.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-problem-arrow-keys-type-junk-characters.135662/
Relevancy 61.92%

My Computer Specs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor AMD E- APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics AMD Family Model my not my no working keys wor keyboard keys while keyboard times Some other are on on Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard B Antivirus AVG Internet Security Updated and Enabled The notebook that is having the problem is an HP - b WM When i turn on the notebook it would ask me Some keys on my keyboard are not working while other times no keys on my keyboard wor to log in but none of the keys would work so i would have to press the button that allows me to go back to where i can choose log into another users account Then i would click on my account at which time all the keys on the keyboard would work Some keys on my keyboard are not working while other times no keys on my keyboard wor except b n and the delete key I reinstalled the keybaords software but that did not make the keys work I looked online Some keys on my keyboard are not working while other times no keys on my keyboard wor and on this website for solutions to the problem but none of the or solutions that i read about worked for my problem I finally wiped the hard drive and reinstalled windows but the problem is still there I wondered if something got under the keys of the keybaord themselves so i took a couple off and looked and there was nothing I pressed the keys while their cover was off and it still did not work If the solution you tell me works for me tell me how come wiping the drive and then reinstalling Windows did not fix the problem I googled my notebooks name and found the drivers that are avaliable on HP s website I clicked on Driver - Keyboard Mouse and Input Drivers But then it only gave me options The first was HP Wireless Button Driver The second was Synaptics Touchpad Driver But there was nothing there about the keybaord I wasn t sure if they forgot to mention the keyborad in the title and description or if the thing that said quot Driver- Keyboard Mouse and Drivers quot was something they had for all notebooks weather or not they acutally had keyboaard drivers but because it could not hurt to download it and try it I have downloaded it and i tried to install it after i tried the message i got was quot The best driver software for your device is already installed quot I don t know what to do next Please help me nbsp

A:Some keys on my keyboard are not working while other times no keys on my keyboard wor

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-keys-on-my-keyboard-are-not-working-while-other-times-no-keys-on-my-keyboard-wor.1125522/
Relevancy 60.2%

My Dell Inspirion 3148 (Intel i3) laptop's certain keys are not functioning, I have updated all the drivers now what can be done?
performed all steps as asked by agent here....

but still the issue

A:Dell Inspirion 3148 keyboard (left side keys like 1, Q, A, Z, Caps Lock) keys are not functioning)

I'm assuming you have windows 10 on the system.....
I'd suggest you check Sticky keys in control panel. You might have mistakenly turn it on.
At the left bottom of taskbar, right click windows icon, click on Control Panel, Ease Of Access, and then Change How Your Keyboard Works. If there's a check mark in box - Turn on Sticky keys) then uncheck it and click Apply.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19985899
Relevancy 60.2%

Brightness key ( F2 and F3) key stopped working suddenlyI am using the HP 15-af114AU Notebook (AMD A8 Processor) . Operating on Windows 10 -64 bit Its been just 2 weeks I bought. The brightness key i,e, f2 and f3 were working then after some days i noticed it wasn't working ,I tried doing it manually through the brightness option on the settings ,still it wasn't changing.From the time i have bought this notebook i have downloaded only  SKYPE, Chrome and few THEMES for google Chrome.All the other funtion keys are working except these .Please help me with this issue. 

A:Brightness control keys (Function keys) on the keyboard stop...

Hi, Try the following. Download the AMD HD Graphics installer on the following link and save it to your Downloads folder. http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74501-75000/sp74716.exe When done, open your Downloads folder, right click the AMD Graphics installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation. When this has completed, shutdown the notebook. Unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery.  Hold down the Power button for 30 seconds.  Re-insert the battery and plug in the AC Adapter. Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to launch the Start-up Menu and then select f10 to enter the bios menu.  Press f9 to load the defaults ( this is sometimes f5, but the menu at the bottom will show the correct key ), use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.  Press f10 to save the setting and again use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter. Start the notebook and let Windows fully load for a few minutes before checking. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Brightness-control-keys-Function-keys-on-the-keyboard/td-p/5615042
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey guys I m having a really big problem with my keyboard I m running windows The problem started about four days ago I ve searched for various ways to solve this problem but I couldn t find any The issue is that randomly my keyboard will stop typing keys and every time I hit a key instead of typing a key it would act as if I was hitting a shortcut Such as when it happens i hit the quot F quot key and the tools options come up This happens on every windows even on MSN messenger I hit my keys and it hits shortcut keys for the window I m on I would be using my computer for a while and turn keys Keyboard shortcut keys into randomly the keys would work fine but then a little later somethings minutes sometimes an hour or two randomly they turn into shortcut keys Every key i hit I tried a new keyboard but it Keyboard keys randomly turn into shortcut keys seems to happen also I don t get the issue I ve scanned fully using malwareBytes MCAffee and Advanced system pro but it s still happening It s really frustrating and annoying when it does happen I ve turned my keyboard off and on re sync d I m Keyboard keys randomly turn into shortcut keys starting to lean more towards it being a virus or Keyboard keys randomly turn into shortcut keys something that messed with my settings somehow Malwayre Bytes did find something while scanning files Spigot wtxpcom components widgitoolbarff dll Adware WidgiToolbar - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully I m really stumped here I haven t tried un-installing my keyboard amp re installing it but Idk what good that would do if when I plugged my other keyboard in it installed a new one but the issue was still happening Thank you for your time

A:Keyboard keys randomly turn into shortcut keys

I would also like to add that, when this occurs. I have to restart my computer for the keyboard to work correctly. It's wireless & I've tried a wired keyboard also, it's the same issue.

Also when this happens, while on the internet. Every time I click a link or the internet like "home" "news" anything at all on the internet even an image, it won't go to it but instead it will download the data into my computer... It's very strange & I'm completely stumped on what to do. Or to even search this on google for other similar issues, I don't even know how I would go around to search that. Or what I would type in the search bar. This happens with both Firefox & google chrome. Even outside the internet in just my desktop, it's impossible to type even on notepad.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/428224/keyboard-keys-randomly-turn-into-shortcut-keys/
Relevancy 58.48%

They do  come  and go sometimes. After I sprayed some air to try to clear dust and crumbs it worked for a lil while but then started back. I do still see dust and will keep cleaning. Sometimes the keys are slow to respond or not work at all. It was working fine til a couple days ago. I even reinstalled the operating systems and still doing this. All the rest of the keys work fine except for a few in that row. I dont know if it was a update that caused this or a hardware problem but id like to get it working right agaln.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Keyboard-keys-A-S-D-F-J-K-L-And-the-Enter-keys-not-working/td-p/5617966
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi I 2 some Keyboard: registering keys keys am using a Razer Arctosa Keyboard: some keys registering 2 keys keyboard on my desktop computer running Win keyboard is approx years old I am experiencing the following recently and sometimes it occasionally goes back to normal Pressing quot w quot registers quot w quot Pressing quot W quot shift w registers quot W quot Pressing quot quot registers quot w quot Pressing quot quot shift registers quot W quot As if quot w quot and quot quot are linked occasionally Keyboard: some keys registering 2 keys it registers as quot w quot Pressing quot u quot registers quot u quot and F which means when I am typing and press the quot u quot it refreshes my page this is the second time I am writing this Pressing the Windows key registers NumLock toggle Pressing quot quot registers quot quot This is all of the weird ones I have noticed All other keys seem normal As I type this it has done the above but now it is back to normal Cannot find a pattern when it decides to change from crap to normal It is back to crap again This is the th day since it started and the computer has been restarted shutdown various times I have also checked for malware and it is all clear The most recent keyboard drivers have been downloaded and installed but did not fix it No liquids have been spilled Have searched the web and have not encountered a solution or someone with the exact kind of problem Anyone has any idea of a fix or what may be affecting it Thanks Destinknee nbsp

A:Keyboard: some keys registering 2 keys

Pretty much every time I see this it's due to something spilled on the keyboard that has damaged it or just a keyboard that has failed.

Test it on another computer, if it does the same thing then it needs to be replaced. On the other computer don't load any drivers or software for it just plug it in and wait for Windows to install it's drivers for it and test it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-some-keys-registering-2-keys.1152249/
Relevancy 56.33%

As I wrote in the title, my Shift and Alt keys stopped working for keyboard shortcuts. However, the Shift key still works when capitalizing letters.

I've been dealing with this problem off/on for the past two weeks and haven't been able to figure it out. I've gone into Ease of Access features and turned on/off all of the available options (Mouse Keys, Sticky Keys, Toggle Keys, Filter Keys). I've pressed Shift for 8 seconds, and pressed it 5 times, and still haven't been able to correct it.

Thank you in advance for any help offered.

Possibly helpful additional information:
I've got a Spanish/Latin American keyboard layout installed in addition to the US English keyboard layout. I toggle back and forth with Left Alt + Shift (which is how I noticed my Shift key stopped working).
I play a game whose controls rely on a lot of Shift key pressing and holding.

A:Keyboard - Shift & Alt keys stopped working for keyboard shortcuts

When was the last time you used a can of air cleaner on the keyboard? If it isn't from contact wear often keyboards tend to get loaded up with dust and debris!

One example of that is having any snacks onhand around a pc where little bits get passed along from your fingers onto and under the keys themselves. Keyboards are known to get loaded up fast with any foods present!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/107137-keyboard-shift-alt-keys-stopped-working-keyboard-shortcuts.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello. My other laptop has the problem of now being able to type certain keys. Specifically, It cannot use the q, a, z, tab, `, or 1 buttons. I turned it off for the night and it began working again this morning, only to return to the problem within an hour. It is a dell laptop running windows xp. Is there anything I can do other than contacting the unhelpfuls at dell? Thank you for any advice.

A:I can't type certain keys

Try tightening the screws on the bottom of the laptop. I know it sounds strange but that is one weakness of a Dell.

If that doesn't work try using compressed air to blow gunk out of the keyboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-cant-type-certain-keys.709543/
Relevancy 56.33%

Starting about a month ago I had this recurring problem where only a few keys would not enter a letter when typing It's only I think the F G H J K keys Sometimes it goes away sometimes it stays until I reboot At first I thought it was related to some fishy sites I browsed in Portable Firefox using SandboxIE When I terminated all programs in SandboxIE I would get control of those keys after a few minutes Today when I booted up my PC I had this occur right from the beginning I ran scans in MS Security Essentials don't laugh not type the only Sometimes, keys do f,g,h,j,k please and MalwareBytes Nothing bad came up so after a reboot all seemed fine Odd Thing Two hours later after I had been browsing 'normal sites' in Chrome only Sometimes, only the f,g,h,j,k keys do not type No SandboxIE just normal Google TomsHardware Youtube Amazon I found it happened again I decided to play a movie on a second monitor while trying things out Odd Thing Microsoft's On-Screen Keyboard does NOT register those keys letter K for example as a typed letter in an explorer window browser or start menu search Odd Thing VLC recognized me clicking madly at the K button as setting the audio delay ahead on the movie Odd Thing When I closed VLC the problem stopped The problem did not come back when I played the movie in MPC-HC I don't think it's due to maxing my older system This happened before I started playing Fallout at p medium settings VLC plus some Chrome tabs only used CPU gb of gb MPC-HC only used CPU No hardware changes were made in the last several months aside from a gaming mouse in August I am using a year old MS X gaming keyboard and I tried an even older Acer OEM keyboard both USB and neither keyboard would type F G H J K keys I have a quad-core I - gb DDR and an SSD for Windows programs and games Help Thanks in advance

A:Sometimes, only the f,g,h,j,k keys do not type

Sounds like a strange one!
Are you all up to date with your Windows Updates as it sounds like a keyboard controller driver issue. However have you also tried using another USB port to be safe.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/387783-sometimes-only-f-g-h-j-k-keys-do-not-type.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi guys, Something really strange started happening two days ago. Out of the blue the following keys stopped working: GHBackspaceWindows Key@' The laptop is a couple of years old and a bit dusty, so I took it to the local shop to get the keyboard replaced and cleaned. Seemed to be working fine when I left the shop. Then, a little while ago the space key and P stopped. Five minutes later they started working again but ctrl stopped and N is temperamental. I haven't spilt anything on it or knocked it. Any ideas what's going on?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Keyboard-Random-Keys-Not-Working-Despite-Change-of-Keyboard/td-p/5830899
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a Dell M Laptop that has New different function like keys laptop (: Help! keyboard has old keyboard? layout, served me quite well for several years I just replaced the keyboard the other day and everything is working fine except that the new keyboard has a slightly different layout than the old keyboard did For example with the new keyboard all the F F F etc keys have function secondaries on them like multimedia brightness antennae toggle and so on My old keyboard New laptop keyboard has different layout, keys function like old keyboard? Help! (: didnt have most of these and so when I attempt to use them on the new New laptop keyboard has different layout, keys function like old keyboard? Help! (: keyboard they simply do not work In fact when I use function keys as if I still had my old keyboard installed the functions work which means it is the software interpretation of the keys that I need to change Does anybody know how I can fix this so that the keys of the new keyboard and functions match what the keys New laptop keyboard has different layout, keys function like old keyboard? Help! (: actually say Another thing to add is that some of the new function keys on the new laptop such as antennae toggle were not on my last keyboard at all because they are softkeys on the case of my computer and I am not sure a function like that would be able to be added to the keyboard mapping at all but I m not sure Also I would prefer to not install third party software to accomplish this even if it means I need to delve into the registry manually Can anybody help nbsp

A:New laptop keyboard has different layout, keys function like old keyboard? Help! (:

You might try holding the 'fn' key while you tap the fnumber key.
Vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-laptop-keyboard-has-different-layout-keys-function-like-old-keyboard-help.1042592/
Relevancy 55.9%

I had a problem with my laptop not Several laptop keyboard working keyboard - keys on problem not which is certain key on my keyboard is not functioning The weird is it happened without a reason because Several keys on laptop keyboard not working - not keyboard problem after I shutdown doing my work when I turn it on again I discovered my quot s quot quot d quot quot g quot quot h quot quot quot quot m quot quot left shift quot quot caps lock quot and quot quot key did not work at all I try taking the key off cleaning underneath but nothing seems to be working After that I try to use usb keyboard and it seems the key can be entered So I thought my hardware is the problem than I replace into the new one but still having the same problem I already waste my money buying new keyboard Does any one happen to know what sort of problem this is and how I would go about fixing it Is it related to the registry My laptop is Acer aspire G ram GB processor i GHz I hope someone can help me to solve this problem nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/several-keys-on-laptop-keyboard-not-working-not-keyboard-problem.181333/
Relevancy 55.04%

i'm using a compaq presario cq70 laptop, running widows vista.
i've recently noticed some of my keys becoming more difficult to type. i have to press the key more than once to get it to work.

it seems to be the following keys:

y, u, h, j, n, m, 6, 7

which i hadn't noticed till today seem to be in the central part of the keyboard.

A:certain keys on laptop difficult to type

Anything split onto the keyboard?

Also might be loose connector, you can try removing and reconnecting the keyboard. I found this video which might help with that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YOUNo904sk

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/certain-keys-on-laptop-difficult-to-type.1083427/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi. I have this problem. When I type, some keys like < ~~ `` ^^ '' "" > just double themselves. I got this problem since the first day I bought the computer.
I hope there''s some solutions for this. Thanks in advance everyone~~ ^^

A:Double letter when type some particular keys

Hi and welcome to TSF have you tried going to the pc makers support page for your model and reinstalling the driver for the keyboard or if a laptop the touch pad package

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/double-letter-when-type-some-particular-keys-691171.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Good morning,

Please bear with me on this one. I am in the process of setting up Win 10 on a new laptop (Dell Inspiron 5555). When taking a break from that I decided to clean the area around and including my desktop (HP Pavilion 23-g017c) which runs Win 8.1.

To make a long story short I now have lost the ability to use my ESC, CAP and NumLock keys on the Pavilion Desktop (The last two won't display their lights when depressed). In addition to what I already stated now I can't type in my Office 2013 Word program either.

I cleaned the keyboard with a clean dry cloth. Is there something I could have accidently pressed that would cause these functions to stop working.

Any ideas?

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

A:lost ability to type or use CAP or Num loc keys

Restart your computer.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/70968-lost-ability-type-use-cap-num-loc-keys.html
Relevancy 54.61%

So what's happening is occasionally, while I'm typing, it repeats letters, as if the keyboard temporarily locks up. (Sometimes, but it's rare because I usually type continuously, it just stops me from pressing keys for a bit.) It's like "Hello my naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..."
And what's weird is it only happens after I pressed any of the lock keys before (disabling doesn't fix it.)
I'm using a keyboard connected directly to my PC, with up to date drivers.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/97ad9ccb-a751-4d83-960a-c467ede32022/keyboard-keys-repeating-wired-keyboard?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 54.61%

Have to hold down keys for 1 sec after login to win 10 to type anything. tried updating the keyboard driver several times to no avail. any suggestions?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91290-Have-to-hold-keys-down-for-1-sec-to-type-on-Satellite-C855-2e5
Relevancy 54.61%

I know Mouse Keys allows the numeric keypad to control movement of the mouse on screen I've checked this setting on my computer and it is turned off - which is my preference However when I press Alt and any of the arrow keys my mouse moves across the screen Alt-Up moves the mouse pointer up Alt Left move the mouse left etc Turn Keys Activity Mouse Type Off Can't This interferes with other programs on my laptop Is there some other setting or program that causes this If so how do I turn it off This is a recent occurrence I've been using Windows for a while and this has not happened Can't Turn Off Mouse Keys Type Activity before I have not installed anything recently that would effect the mouse I am using a Logitech MX Revolution mouse which has it's own control panel settings But it has no function for moving the mouse using the keyboard I've checked the Windows mouse and keyboard control panels too and have found nothing to stop this from occurring Does anyone have any insight I'm running Windows x on an HP Envy with an i processor TIA for any help

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/67518-cant-turn-off-mouse-keys-type-activity.html
Relevancy 53.75%

When I m typing intermittently keystrokes will be ignored Example Helo ho are you Instead of Hello how are acting strangely I type, keys When it's skipping Computer you Computer acting strangely When I type, it's skipping keys You may think it s user error but not with the amount of times it s doing this It s been doing this for over a week I ran Malwarebytes spybot and only found one problem which was taken care of - rebooted and problem persists Updated Java also as I know that has given me problems in the past version update My system is going very slow and Internet Explorer shortcuts disappeared from start menu and desktop too Any help greatly appreciated I ll post the HJT log not sure if that is what is needed Thank you Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink KeyboardSurrogate exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField IswSvc exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Seagate Basics Service SyncServicesBasics exeC WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBCFMonitorService exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exec Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exeC Computer acting strangely When I type, it's skipping keys WINDOWS system svchost exec Toshiba IVP swupdate swupdtmr exeC WINDOWS system ThpSrv exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TME Tmesrv exeC WINDOWS system TODDSrv exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS SYSTEM WISPTIS EXEC WINDOWS System tabbtnu exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink TCServer exeC WINDOWS system THotkey exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Toshiba CrossMenu CrossMenu exeC WINDOWS system TFNF exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Rotation Utility TRot exeC WINDOWS system igfxext exeC Program Files Apoint K Apoint exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TouchED TouchED ExeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TME TMERzCtl EXEC Program Files TOSHIBA Acceleration Utilities TAcelMgr TAcelMgr exeC Program Files TOSHIBA Acceleration Utilities Shaker TSkrMain exeC WINDOWS system thpsrv exeC Program Files Apoint K Apntex exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Direct Disc Writer ddwmon exeC Program Files Protector Suite QL psqltray exeC WINDOWS system Computer acting strangely When I type, it's skipping keys TPSODDCtl exeC WINDOWS system TPSBattM exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink TabTip exeC Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exeC PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exeC Program Files Toshiba Tvs TvsTray exeC Program Files TOSHIBA Wireless Hotkey TosHKCW exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TME TMETEMNU EXEC WINDOWS SkyTel EXEC Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exeC WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXEC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exeC Program Files Skype Phone Skype exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm MailFrontier mantispm exeC WINDOWS system RAMASST exeC Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField ForceField exeC Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program F... Read more

A:Computer acting strangely When I type, it's skipping keys

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/321306/computer-acting-strangely-when-i-type-its-skipping-keys/
Relevancy 53.32%

My year old ACER Aspire keyboard just stop working in a couple of capacities First the numbers on the key wouldn t type at all Checked Num Lock fine then stopped some thing... Laptop working wrong the type and keys tried to type numbers at top of keyboard well some typed the right number but most didn t or typed more than one number Ran Webroot Anti-spyware and Anti-Virus clean Then I shook my computer to see if any crumbs or foreign materials were throwing something off clean Took out battery nada Restored computer to the day before any problems Changed nothing Pressed every Laptop keys stopped working and some type the wrong thing... key to see if something was stuck or key broken None The Delete Backspace Enter and Space Bar do NOT work at all So basically the entire keyboard is not working due Laptop keys stopped working and some type the wrong thing... to something If I type any one key some of them type what I wanted but continue to type the letter or number until I log out of my Google Engine I have always had issues with the keyboard I will be typing along and the cursor will randomly go back to previous sentences and start typing what I am currently typing It is so annoying Why is it hopping all over the place A computer major friend who teaches computer classes said to write to Google and maybe I would find others with similar problems I found several quot sticky keys quot problems but none on point with none of the keys working or working properly He suggested perhaps a Trojan Horse virus but my sweeps come up clean Can anyone help me Thank you Shawnascy nbsp

A:Laptop keys stopped working and some type the wrong thing...

It could be a virus. But It also could just be your keyboard is bad. You may need to take it to your local repair shop if it. Is a laptop and have them check the keyboard out for you. I really do not think it is a virus.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keys-stopped-working-and-some-type-the-wrong-thing.204613/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi, Any help will be possible. I have a Toshiba Satellite C55-A5302, and some of my keys on the keyboard doesn't work. What can i do to fix this issue? I have a windows 8 operating sys.

A:Some Keys work and some keys on my keyboard doesn't work

This is not a software problem.
Your keyboard needs to be replaced. You can get another one from Ebay. Toshiba Satellite C55-A5302 keyboard | eBay Here is a video explaining how to replace it:

You Tube

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f108/some-keys-work-and-some-keys-on-my-keyboard-doesnt-work-1050538.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi, Any help will be possible. I have a Toshiba Satellite C55-A5302, and some of my keys on the keyboard doesn't work. What can i do to fix this issue? I have a windows 8 operating sys.

A:Some Keys work and some keys on my keyboard doesn't work

This is not a software problem.
Your keyboard needs to be replaced. You can get another one from Ebay. Toshiba Satellite C55-A5302 keyboard | eBay Here is a video explaining how to replace it:

You Tube

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/some-keys-work-and-some-keys-on-my-keyboard-doesnt-work-1050538.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Ever since I downloaded Windows 10 my keyboard up and down keys will not function nor will the mouse function on the up and down track on the extreme right of the screen. Please advise Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-up-down-keys.1157249/
Relevancy 50.31%

I upgraded from win 8 to win 8.1 pro in lenovo. Somehow the @ and " keys have got interchanged. What could be the possible reasons.

regards

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/39edf2d2-7f9d-45c2-8a97-3cc71a718ece/keyboard-keys?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 50.31%

I started using my computer today, and suddenly, I can't use most of my keys. I can only use the alphanumberic keys, and the numberpad keys. The function keys, +/- on the main keyboard area, and the insert, home, del, end, page up/down don't work anymore. Can someone help me with this please? Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-use-most-of-my-keyboard-keys.895178/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,Some of the keys on my keyboard have stopped working. They are 1,3,u,p,t,q,- and j as far as I can tell. It started the other day, then they came back for a few days and now they have gone again. I have not spilled anything on the laptop and nothing has changed apart from a new internet router as one died, The first time it happened was when I started using the new router so not sure if that did anything.It is not the filter keys as I have tried that and i starts from first logging on as my password contains some of those.Please help! I can't afford an expensive fix as I am disabled and this is my lifeblood! I am having to use the on screen keyboard to fill in the gaps

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Please-help-V3-771-some-keys-on-my-keyboard-have-stopped-working/td-p/457274
Relevancy 50.31%

OK So i'm using a macbook pro, but I'm dual booting in windows 7, By default the Function keys do things like turn the brightness up and down etc. to simply use the Function keys as actual keys I have to hold down the FN key and press it. How do i reverse this in windows 7?

A:Keyboard F keys help.

it's not in windows, there may be an option in your BIOS.....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/keyboard-f-keys-help-556363.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Some buttons are not working correctly. Onscreen keyboard keys and keyboard keys do not match.Keys like @,~,",\ are wrongly printed and displayed .

A:keyboard keys

Hi, It sounds like you have the wrong keyboard layout set - ie Uk keyboard layout for a US keyboard or vice versa. If you have more than one keyboard layout set in Windows 10, you can toggle between them by holding down the Ctrl Key and pressing the Shift key Alternatively, you can change the layout for your keyboard as described on the link below. Change Keyboard Layout - Windows 8 & 10 Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/keyboard-keys/td-p/5810334
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a Dell Dimension 9100 with Windows XP and Service Pack 3. On my wireless keyboard there are 5 buttons along the top left of the keyboard that are marked; BACK/ FORWARD/STOP/REFRESH/HOME. On the top right of the Keyboard there are 3 more buttons marked; MAIL/MY COMPUTER/CALCULATOR.
Also on the right side above the numbers pad is a volume control. These features have stopped working and I cannot figure out how to re energize them.I checked with Dell and there is not a program or driver to download to get these features working again. Any suggestions would be appreciated

A:Hot Keys on Keyboard

Those keys are collectively known as Multimedia Keys.
If they do not require additional software my guess is the keyboard is faulty.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hot-keys-on-keyboard-560115.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I would like to know how to deactivate the primal funtion of the f1 to f11 keys on my computer, currently it worsk for volume, brithness and music options.  I would like to know how to make them regular keys. I hope this was clear enough, thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/keyboard-F1-to-f11-keys/td-p/5615472
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey everybody. I am having a problem with my keys on my toshiba laptop. i want to be able to press more than 2 buttons at a time. When i press 2 buttons at a time every other button locks up and i cant press it. How can i be able to press more than 2 buttons at a time?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-keys.109573/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,I lost my delete key due to someone's fault and I need to replace it. What I need is the plastic key, it still has the retainer clip and the rubber cup. I checked several websites but only found it in one of them which cost about $8. Also how much is an average key worth? I have a Lenovo Thinkpad X1, Product ID 1293RU6.Thanks in advance.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Keyboard-Keys/td-p/3472801
Relevancy 50.31%

It is rather hard to type seeing that I have to copy and paste all E's, 3's, D's, anD, C's from plaCEs on my ComputEr. ThEsE kEys on my kEyboarD Don't work... Any hElp?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-keys-went-out-on-me.118433/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi everyone, i have recently brough a new laptop but i have a problem with the keys when i @ it puts in speech marks when i press the speech marks key it puts in @

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.

A:Keyboard Keys

Make sure your regional and language options are set for your area and keyboard. You may have a US keyboard set.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-keys.919590/
Relevancy 50.31%

So I've had my Razer Anansi keyboard for about 4 months now, never had any problems with it. I decided since I hadn't cleaned it since I'd gotten it that I would clean it, so I did so, using moist Q - Tips to clean out the inside of the keyboard and soaking the keys in warm water to get off any dirt and grime that may have gotten into them. After putting my keys all back on my keyboard and giving it a go, the keys seemed to be very rough and it takes a more than needed amount of force to press on the keys individually. I was just wondering if spraying Silicon lubricant out of the can onto the keys bottom would help, or if there was anything I could do to the keys to make them easier to use. Thanks!

A:Keyboard Keys

It really depends how the thing is constructed, but silicone, being an insulator, would prevent the carbon contact bridges that exist on most modern ketboards from conducting very well, or at all. Also, washing, cleaning, or rubbing those delicate contacts can also cause them to stop functioning just as many years of use would. If those contacts are what you have, then each can be repainted with commercially available trace material. Or you may simply want to toss it and buy a new one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-keys.1102427/
Relevancy 49.88%

I installed a new operating system (WinXP-SP2) and motherboard in a Compaq Presario 1800 notebook, and now it halts during POST with a 0211 Keyboard Error and a Save To Disk Not Found error. I have options to continue boot with F1 or enter Setup with F10. When I choose F10, it enters Setup, but I cannot access or change any of the settings. The keyboard is inactive except for the Function keys, and the Enter key appears to be disabled. When I choose F1, Windows continues to boot normally, but the only way I can enter text is to connect an external keyboard. I have tried two keyboards, so I don't think it is a keyboard hardware issue.

Any suggestions as to where my problem may be? Thanks. Ron

A:keyboard keys disabled

This turned out to be a motherboard issue. Sorry for the delay in response. This post is now closed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-keys-disabled.669021/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,

I just got my hands on a MS 3000 wireless keyboard. This thing is nice. Anyway you can program/reset just about all the keys. My wired keyboard had a power button, this one has no power button...you know that you can shutdown windows with a push of a button. Well, since I can reassign keys I need to 'browse' to the command vista uses to shutdown. Any one know it ?

Thanks,
kevin

A:Programming keyboard keys

Welcome Kevin,

This, I think, is even better.

Shutdown shortcut

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/274391-programming-keyboard-keys.html
Relevancy 49.88%

The ALT Keys on my USB Keyboard used to work perfectly fine until around the 1st. I'm unsure of what caused this issue.

The computer I'm using is a laptop and both of the ALT keys on the laptop work perfectly fine.

The USB Keyboard I have has ALT keys but those don't function at all. They used to, but not anymore.

I've tried checking and unchecking sticky keys, looking at the On-Screen Keyboard, uninstalling, rolling back, and updating drivers... full system restores to middle of last month which is about a week before I suspected it stopped working.

Nothing has worked so far... what could this possibly be?

A:USB Keyboard ALT keys not functioning.

Same problem with another usb keyboard?
Attach keyboard to another pc/laptop. Same problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/241987-usb-keyboard-alt-keys-not-functioning.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Please HELP! Keyboard Keys Unresponsive I bought my Lenovo Ideapad 305 (305-14IBD) model 80R1 14 inch a few weeks ago. I have been experiencing a strange INTERNAL KEYBOARD  issue. At seemingly random times, several keys  such as keys 6,7,Y,U,H,J,N,& M  had became completely unresponsive. Keys just stopped working for about 3 minutes, & working fine again after. Sometimes its for more than a few minutes and can be a nuisance. I performed several procedures such as Uninstalling the keyboard drivers, Changing the value from 2 to 0 of InitialKeyboardIndicators in Registry Editor, Turning On the filter Keys in Contorl Panel- ease of acces center, but non of these works. External USB keyboard & On Screen Keyboard Keys are working just fine. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Please-HELP-Keyboard-Keys-Unresponsive/td-p/3393897
Relevancy 49.88%

Is there anywhere that the keyboard keys on a HP Pavilion g series can be explained to me.   There are a lot of keys that I dont use but may find useful if only I knew what function they perform.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Keyboard Keys Explanation

I'm really sorry to say I can't make out the keyboard keys in your photo. I can barely see the letters, much less the symbols and function keys and such. I saved the photo to my computer and tried to blow it up to see better, but it's just too small.  About HP Support Assistant: I don't know what specifically has gone wrong, but my advice would be to uninstall the program, restart your computer, and then re-install the latest version from the web. Please see the first post on the following page for complete instructions:  http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-e-g/quot-HPSF-exe-has-stopped-working-This-application-has/td-p/1071035/page/2 If you try that and it doesn't work for you, please post a new thread with your question about HP Support Assistant in the Notebook forum. I think "Notebook Operating Systems (e.g. Windows 8) and Software" would be most appropriate. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Keyboard-Keys-Explanation/td-p/2163695
Relevancy 49.88%

All of a sudden the built in keyboard for my up Keyboard Mixed Keys HP laptop has started doing strange things some of the keys have become mixed up Space bar - creates full stops backspace - has become F UP arrow - is now the letter 'o' Down error - is now the number ' ' Enter - is now the letter 'L' letter Keyboard Keys Mixed up 'L' - is now the enter button Num lock - has Keyboard Keys Mixed up become F I've checked all the regional settings and stuff re installed all the drivers and even manually trying Keyboard Keys Mixed up to re map the keys with no luck I've booted a Windows virtual machine and had the same problem Also has the same problem running Linux on a live disk Plugging in an external USB keyboard works no problem and so does the on-screen keyboard So I'm pretty sure its a faulty keyboard but I thought I would ask in case I missed anything before I sent it back for repairs Any advice would be useful Thanks

A:Keyboard Keys Mixed up

Going by what you've already done I agree with the faulty keyboard, is it still under warranty ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/152676-keyboard-keys-mixed-up.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey,
I just noticed an hour ago that for some reason my caps lock key and my 3 key are somehow mixed . If i press either they do both :S So when i press Caps it toggles Caps on/off as well as typing 3, pressing 3 does the same. I'm using a Razer Arctosa, i have tried reinstalling drivers but nothing changed. I opened the thing up (Many Screws) and everything seemed good.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-keys-messed-up.883037/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi on my keyboard I have some strange unknown symbols that are written in blue like they are some alternative key functions?

A:HP Spectre Keyboard keys

Hi, What is your HP Spectre x360 ? My loan HP Spectre x360 (I'm typing now) does not have those keys.  Please use the following instructions to find out the model/product of your machine:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108 Normally the symbols are easy to understand and they work with Fn key (also blue) by holding down Fn key then press a key.Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-Spectre-Keyboard-keys/td-p/5706019
Relevancy 49.88%

Got a new Dell Keyboard. can't ascertain the ID Tag but it is Model SK 8135 Got Win XP SP3

Hot keys worked fine. I was using Thunderbird for my E Mail but have switched now to Windows Live Mail. Now when I press the E Mail Button nothing happens. How do I confused make it recognize that Hot Key.

Thanks

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,
I have an Acer laptop with a USB keyboard. All worked perfectly until I updated Win 8.1 to Win 10. Now my Page Up, Up key and Left Arrow do not work.
They work fine on the actual laptop keyboard just not the USB keyboard.
The keyboard works fine when attached to my other laptop (running Win 7) but these keys do not work on the Acer with Win 10.
I have updated drivers.
Any advice?
Thanks

A:USB Keyboard some keys not working

You have two options: stop using the USB keyboard with the Win 10 computer or roll back to the former OS and wait a few more months to try Win 10 and see if it has better drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-keyboard-some-keys-not-working.1154523/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello i have a problem...
some of my keys are not working (r,t,f,g and v
i am bored of using screen keyboard
any help would be helpful

thanks i hope it will get fixed!

A:Some Keyboard keys not working

If this is the laptop in your specs, your options are: get it replaced or a USB external keyboard (perhaps one of those rollable rubber keyboards).

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/380555-some-keyboard-keys-not-working.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Howdy,

I spend hours at a time copying and pasting data in excel sheets, I want to set one of my f function buttons to Copy, and another to Paste so I can prevent Carpal Tunnel ;P

I have a Window XP, and a Wired Microsoft Multimedia 1.0a keyboard.

Relevancy 49.88%

I have an ATC-705-UC52 and want to remap the Fn keys. I do not want to have to press the Fn key to adjust the sound volume (F7 and F8) or mute (F6) or put the computer to sleep.  Is there a way to remap them?

A:Remap the Fn keys on keyboard

Sorry, but Acer does not offer a utility or setting that can remap these function keys. There may be some third party software that will let you do it, but I do not know of any specific software for this.

Important Links: US Driver Downloads | Knowledge Base Articles | Service LocationsRemember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Remap-the-Fn-keys-on-keyboard/td-p/427929/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 49.88%

All function keys (1st row on keyboard), several number keys (6, 8, 9 on the 2nd row) and the left Shift key do not response;
I checked keyboard driver is updated, connection good;
I tried troubleshoot hardware and devices but problem not fixed, seems nothing detected
I tried System Restore, but the blue screen saying files and settings being restored stayed for an hour without an end, so I had to stop it

How can I fix this keyboard problem? It's a notebook using Windows 7.

A:many keys on keyboard not working

Quote: Originally Posted by chinwoman

All function keys (1st row on keyboard), several number keys (6, 8, 9 on the 2nd row) and the left Shift key do not response;
I checked keyboard driver is updated, connection good;
I tried troubleshoot hardware and devices but problem not fixed, seems nothing detected
I tried System Restore, but the blue screen saying files and settings being restored stayed for an hour without an end, so I had to stop it

How can I fix this keyboard problem? It's a notebook using Windows 7.

Welcome chinwoman to the windows 7 forums.

Based on your trouble shooting so far, it looks like your notebook keyboard is toast.

there could be a single wire from your keyboard that has a loose connection or broken off.
My recommendation is to get it replaced. If your technically inclined, most laptops keyboards can be removed and the flat ribbon connection can be cleaned. I would try that if your comfortable with removing your keyboard, other than that, it looks like your going to have to take it to a repair shop which most likely will do the same thing, or replace it.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/199278-many-keys-keyboard-not-working.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi Guys Whist I was using notepad at home to write something I found that the following keys on my laptop are dead r u y and virtually all the computing I have done in the last few days is general browsing for television listings and email keys on keyboard dead I use use notepad for wordprocessing beacuse its quick I have only tested out the lowercase alphabet and the set of numbers but not the full set I am using another computer from a different location to type this posting My keyboard is a standard Sony laptop qwerty keyboard I have a Sony Vaio laptop WinXP Pro Mb RAM I have checked for viruses fierwall and ran spybot and the laptop appears to be clean I rebooted with a restore point from a couple of days ago when I know everything was working and it still made no difference this morning The keys are still dead dead keys on keyboard I cannot check the keys with an external keyboard to compare becasue I do not have a spare one I will try to get one In the meantime if anyone has suggestions it would be most welcome May I add I was helped dead keys on keyboard out by you guys ony a few days ago when my external USB hardrive suddenly became inactive and the problem was solved by a USB drive cleanup Many thanks in advance jaygor nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dead-keys-on-keyboard.817760/
Relevancy 49.88%

If  I use my search engine, or my browser or even notepad,  I type in a couple of letters and then whatever letter I last typed starts repeating itself and it just goes on and on.  My keyboard keys aren't sticking, so I have no idea what's happening.  I ran Malewarebytes and Webroot and then Combofix.  It seemed to work for a while but then it just starts doing it again.  I don't know if it's virus related or not.  But when it happens, I can't get anything done.  Any advice is appeciated.

Thanks

A:It's like my keyboard keys stick???

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post. 
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/592072/its-like-my-keyboard-keys-stick/
Relevancy 49.88%

Ok so I have a logitech keyboard and my f keys work, but only if I assign them certain functions!

For instance, if Im in game and I need to use the f keys it will do tasks such as open certain programs etc.
I just want my f keys to work, no assignments no functions!

A:Solved: Keyboard and F keys!

Does your keyboard have an F Lock key up towards the top left side of the keyboard? I have an old Media Type Logitec keyboard like this. For the F Keys to perform as Fkeys I have to press the F Lock button. Then they work normally until I shut down then have to do that over again. I keep it now for troubleshooting only.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-keyboard-and-f-keys.803659/
Relevancy 49.88%

When I strike a key it has a 3 sec delay~ it doesn't do it when I log in. I use my onscreen keyboard but it would be nice if I could just type sometimes!

A:keyboard keys have a delay

1: Go into Control Panel > Keyboard & change the speed.2: Try another keyboard.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/keyboard-keys-have-a-delay/203396.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I'm having a problem with my laptop. The "Scroll" key is locked and i'm not able to type. I tried taking it out and puttin it back but it remained the same. Anyone have any suggestions??? thanxxx

A:Keys on my keyboard stick..

Try holding down Shift for ~10 seconds (or pressing Shift ~10 times if holding it down does nothing) until a dialog box appears.

Disable Sticky Keys.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keys-on-my-keyboard-stick.958257/
Relevancy 49.88%

Some keys of my keyboard don't work. These keys are F1,F2, ..., up to F12. What should I do? I'm waiting for a reply. Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Some-keys-of-my-keyboard-don-t-work/td-p/5816425
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello Guys,

Since yesterday afternoon I have been having the same problem. Whenever i press the 5, 6, - or \ keys the main part of my laptop keyboard or 5 & 9 on the num pad the whole keyboard stops responding. Pressing any particular key does not fix it but mashing the whole number row will let me use the keyboard again.

I am running windows 8 on a HP ENVY dv6 Notebook PC. I have tried to update keyboard drivers and done a system restore to before the problem started but nothing has fixed the problem yet.

Cheers,

ShieldZ

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/certain-keys-lock-up-the-whole-keyboard.1104916/
Relevancy 49.88%

The title says it all. I just recently got this problem. I have switched between 3 different keyboards (2 wired, 1 wireless) and none of them repeat when I hold down a key. I have set the repeat rate to high in control panel and the delay to the lowest. When I plug in the keyboard to a different computer they repeat just fine. It must be a problem with my computer; hope its not malware. Any help/suggestions are appreciated.

A:Keyboard keys don't repeat

LipsOfVenom said:

The title says it all. I just recently got this problem. I have switched between 3 different keyboards (2 wired, 1 wireless) and none of them repeat when I hold down a key. I have set the repeat rate to high in control panel and the delay to the lowest. When I plug in the keyboard to a different computer they repeat just fine. It must be a problem with my computer; hope its not malware. Any help/suggestions are appreciated.Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-keys-dont-repeat.57117/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey everyone, my lap-top is dell latitude d630, like the title says some keys don't work and i don't know why.First it was ESC key,then F1 and now "A".I've opened it and clean it from behind but nothing. Thanks.

A:Keyboard certain keys don't work

Hi

How about the onscreen keyboard or an external?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/360020-keyboard-certain-keys-dont-work.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey guys Damn Only I know how am I writing this post It s so damn frustrating Ok well here goes I was using a ps keyboard for a while now But suddenly certain keys stopped working I restarted uninstalled the keyboard but to no avail I had a brand new usb keyboard lying with me so I thought it s finally time to use it But the same problem persisted though this time a different combination of keys not working I tried both the keyboard on a friend s PC and they both work like charm Now I thought Keyboard not working keys may be I should try windows repair but I realized that the keyboard keys aren t even functioning in BIOS It s really irritating I am having a feeling that this problem is mobo related hence posting Keyboard keys not working in this section I am currently using both keyboards to write this Keyboard keys not working post but yet there are few keys which aren t working on both so I actually have to copy paste em from character map This whole thing is ridiculously painful So please help Looking forward Thanks in advance I am using XP bit and XP pro dual boot Problem shows on both My mobo Abit Ip pro nbsp

A:Keyboard keys not working

Is this a USB or PS2 type keyboard? Is your computer free from a virus or other malware infection?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-keys-not-working.132055/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello All,

I have a Dell XPS 8700 with Windows 10 and I have an issue with the keyboard.
The keys do not repeat.
If I hold down the X key, I just get X and not XXXXXX.. 
I already checked under Ease of Access in the Control Panel.
Filter Keys is not turned on, so that can't be the issue.
Can anyone help?

Thanks, 
V

A:Keyboard keys not repeating

Check Control Panel, search for Keyboard to check the settings. Try a diff keyboard to test.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19982503
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi, about a month and a half ago I reinstalled XP and now certain keyboard keys are wrong.
for example I have to hold shift+2 to get @
Shift+' to get "
I'm totally missing the pound character which I need desperately.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

A:Keyboard keys all messed up!!

Go to your Control Panel and double click on Regional Language Options, set the option to whatever you need (maybe English UK), remove any options you don't need, then restart your PC.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/keyboard-keys-all-messed-up-134870.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I was trying to disable driver signature. After restarting the computer, I cannot press F7 to disable as the keys on the keybord do not work. I cannot also press Del or F11 to enter the BIOS and choose BOOT methods as well.Once the computer is finished booting, the keyboard works fine.Why it does not work before booting?It is a USB keyboard.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,158155.0.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have the microsoft wireless desktop 6000 v3 and I have hot keys like back, home, mail, vol up/down...
basically how can I configure the hot keys?
I tried installing the intellipoint driver for the keyboard but i encountered the wierdest problem ever. In the license agreement page, the window it self was too small to contain the text and so it cut off the accept button and I can even press it.

A:figure hot keys on keyboard?

Quote: Originally Posted by zijincheng

I have the microsoft wireless desktop 6000 v3 and I have hot keys like back, home, mail, vol up/down...
basically how can I configure the hot keys?
I tried installing the intellipoint driver for the keyboard but i encountered the wierdest problem ever. In the license agreement page, the window it self was too small to contain the text and so it cut off the accept button and I can even press it.

Change the screen resolution so you can then revert back

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/130416-figure-hot-keys-keyboard.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I got replaced the keyboard for my Inspiron Dell XPS laptop as the original got damaged. The new keyboard does not have function keys such as F1, F2 F3 eic ..now the system while restarting asking for pressing one of these keys to continue..is there a way to resolve this ..pl help

A:Keyboard is not having function keys

Sorry ..actually the keys were there ( I failed to notice them  as they are printed in a very small font and dull ..
Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992331
Relevancy 49.88%

Ok i have windows XP, i hit F1 to birng up the menu, im trying to unbind Alt+tab so i dont continue minimizing my video game everytime i hit the button i was wondering if it was possible or if i just have to deal with it.

im not computer iliterate i know a good bit but i dont know everything so any help would be appreciated

A:Unbinding Keyboard Keys

I don't think it's possible to unbind that key. It is, however, possible to disable the Windows key. http://johnhaller.com/jh/useful_stuff/disable_windows_key/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/127893/unbinding-keyboard-keys/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a friend :D that has a problem with certain keyboard keys not working. Such as;

The numbers across the top of the keys - 1,2,3,4,8,9,0.
If he holds down the shift key, still nothing on those numbers.
Various random letters also not working.

Swaps out keyboards, tries a couple others, no change.

This has happened to him before. They only solution in the past was to reformat. System restore doesn't fix it either...

Any suggestions? Ideas?

A:Certain Keyboard Keys Not Working

What type of keyboard is it? Try the website of the keyboard manufacturer (or the computer manufacturer) and see if they have any keyboard software/drivers you can download and install.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/106921/certain-keyboard-keys-not-working/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi everyone Maybe this sounds stupid but i wanna know if it s possible to reprogram extra keyboard s keys Like there is software which can repgoram normal keys but is there any i can t find that could make extra keyboard s keys make other functions Like macros in games and in windows Actually interested in Eclipse III from Saintek company keyboard s extra keys in each side I like that keyboard alot because of it s changable colors two heights and soft buttons I know i should take G but i keys Reprogramming Keyboard's want at least the colors to be changed Actually i like to have a keyboard with blue color backlight and G has only red orange Or instead of blue red But not Orange And Eclipse III has not programable keys as far as i know So is there any way with any software hacked or not i don t care reprogram those keys somehow Thanks for info nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reprogramming-keyboards-keys.848287/
Relevancy 49.88%

I am running Windows XP, but since my last re-install the keys on my keyboard have resorted back to the US version.

I have gone into Regional and Language Options, where my Standards and Format settings are set as English (United Kingdom) with the Location set too at United Kingdom.

How do I change the keyboard to run the UK version?

Thankx

A:Lost keys on keyboard

did you change the keyboard layout aswell to english UK?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-keys-on-keyboard.121538/
Relevancy 49.88%

I don't know if this is the right forum, but anyways.

If I want to type " I have to press shift and @ to get it, vice versa. Lots of my keys are like that and it's very annoying, my ~, # and other keys are non existent now, instead replaced by / and |.

My accented a e i o u's are missing too, usually I'd press alt gr + said letter, and it'd come up but now if I do I just got the "bonk" sound, which is a huge nuisance since I need them to talk in French.

This all happened suddenly.

A:Solved: Keyboard keys

Control Panel | Regional and Language Options
Check your language setting on the Regional Options tab
Click the Languages tab, then the Details... button
Make sure the correct Language is selected under Default input language

HTH

Jerry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-keyboard-keys.821974/
Relevancy 49.88%

I just loaded win 2000 pro on my pc an now I find that on my keyboard , the quote character " which is shift 3 key, has swapped with the character @ which is shift '

I use UK keyboard.

Can anyone help rectify this problem?

many thanks in advance

jaygor

A:keyboard swapping keys

Look in Control Panel and under keyboard. There should be a setting to map it to English(United States). I set mine to British and it does the same thing yours is doing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-swapping-keys.80773/
Relevancy 49.88%

First of all I want to say that I am no wiz with computers Laptop Lenovo Yoga Windows installed about months ago h nbsp and g keys as well as ctrl nbsp c and v for copy and paste and underscore key do not work at all using my keyboard Onscreen keyboard works allowing me to nbsp write h keys g on keyboard and working not h and g now very annoying and time consuming I've restarted tried typing in safe mode keys still did not work turned on and off sticky keys did not make a difference I've tried h and g keys not working on keyboard nbsp shortcut keys nbsp nothing worked not even temporarily I did not do system restore because it said I would have to reinstall a lot of programs h and g keys not working on keyboard including microsoft word and I just paid over dollars h and g keys not working on keyboard for it and I am confused nbsp by what would happen Cleaned keyboard nbsp no dirt or anything stuck under keys I am pretty upset just applying to jobs and writing resumes cover letters is nbsp hard If anyone nbsp can help I would appreciate it so much I've done research online and it seems I'm definitely not the only one with this problem Can't seem to fix it nbsp Help please Tara nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/h-and-g-keys-not-working-on-keyboard/td-p/3453357
Relevancy 49.88%

Why do the Esc button and the enter key on the numlock pad not work anymore (at all) on my Compaq Presario CQ60-615DX laptop?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/malfunctioning-keyboard-keys.1095579/
Relevancy 49.88%

don't know if you can help me or not. What does it mean when certain keys on my laptop don't work. The a,s,d,k,c, the down arrow and the full stop only work sometimes. if i push on the keys hard enough they sometimes work. have vacuumed. tried uninstalling and re-instsalling. any help would be appreciated. using a virtual keyboard is driving me nuts. unfortunately i dont have a spare keyboard to use.

Relevancy 49.88%

The keys a,s,d,f,j,k,l and the "enter" key just  stop working the other day. I've had this laptop for 5 months now and I went to get it checked at Staples, only for them to tell me it might be a hardware problem.  Need help before school starts.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Keyboard-keys-not-working/td-p/5728749
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,

I have an old laptop which I haven't used for a while, but want to start using it. However, the '1' and 'q' keys have stopped working. It hasn't taken a knock and I have removed the two keys, which were on a hinge, and could see no visable reason why they may have stoppped e.g. dirt (nothing more technical than that). The two keys when compressed do feel identical to the others, no signs of anything suck in there. Does anyone have any ideas? And if this type of thing is fixable?

Thanks

A:2 keys not working on keyboard?

Keyboards seem to drive their keys in diagonal rows. IE:
1qaz
2wsx
3edc, etc.

Since your 2 keys are consecutive in a diagonal row, we get the connection. The most suggested things are physically cleaning the membrane under the keys, and keyboard drivers. I have never owned a laptop, so I'm not sure you can just delete the keyboard driver, and let windows redetect. Or, just remove, and install the currect driver. Hopefully someone with laptop experience will be along with more info. A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/128865-2-keys-not-working-keyboard.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello My G keyboard is approximately two years old and all certain won't keys register Keyboard of a sudden a select few of keys stop working sometimes The s h semicolon caps lock left arrow right click num pad and a few of the G macro keys stop working seemingly randomly Sometimes I can hold or mash the key and bring the functionality back or maybe it just comes back on its own and I just notice because I m Keyboard won't register certain keys mashing it I ve spilled coffee and soda on the keyboard tons of both once each with the most recent incident being probably around three months ago Each time I took the keyboard apart and washed each component that got wet the actual silicon components are separated in a way so that they don t get wet and it worked perfectly after I dried it out and put it back together I ve tried it in different USB ports on other computers it s definitely a keyboard issue From Googling the problem it appears that the keys are on the same matrix which makes perfect sense they all die at the same time and that the reason for the problem is the capacitors that Logitech uses that are designed to wear out - years after their purchase date These capacitors develop some fault that either prevents them from properly charging or discharging which causes the lock on the keys Does anyone know that this is the actual problem and if it is is it feasible to find out the capacitor s specifications and where to order replacements that I would be able to solder in myself Or if I should simply give up on the keyboard and get a replacement Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

The problem I have is that my function keys are quite messed up. Such as my mute buttons as well as the volume buttons do not work at all. My brightness button actually enables the find option when pressed (usually happens when you press ctrl + f).  I do not have any aditional keyboard langugae options. I'm only using the English one. I do not have Num Lock on. I've restarted my laptop. I don't know what to do, please help. 

A:keyboard function keys

Hi, What is your HP 15 Notebook  ? Did you upgrade/downgrade your machine ? Please use the following instructions to find out the model/product of your machine:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/keyboard-function-keys/td-p/5731700
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi! I used "SharpKeys" software to remapping my enter key because it's broken, to another key of the keyboard. It was working ok with windows 8.1. Now i've upgraded to windows 10, it doesn't work anymore. I ran the latest version of SharpKeys 3.5 and it says that it writes ok to registry but after reboot, nothing changes. I also used other software like "KeyTweak" but it doesn't work either. Any ideas?

A:Remapping keys on keyboard

If time is money, it's WAY cheaper to just get a new keyboard...unless you're on a laptop.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/remapping-keys-on-keyboard-1117602.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello! I have a certain problem with my keyboard in which some keys do not work at ALL. These include, G H Esc Key F5, Up Arrow key and the apostrophe/quotation marks key. I have done factory resetting, keyboard removal and clean up and I cannot figure out how to solve this. Currently using AutoHotKey to rebind Esc, G and H but whenever I want to play a game, these keys dont function.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Some-keys-on-Keyboard-not-functionin/td-p/3398635
Relevancy 49.88%

Some keys on my keyboard are not working

A:keyboard keys not working

Can you provide more detail? Are using a laptop or a desktop? Are the keys physically
damaged or did liquid spill on the keyboard?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-keys-not-working.984631/
Relevancy 49.88%

hi ! i got a lenevo z-510 laptop and and yesteday i spilled juice on it and after that some of keys dont work and some others work without pushing them , can i pick these keys and clean them without opening laptop ? tell me what to do ):

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/problem-with-z-510-keyboard-keys/td-p/3419083
Relevancy 49.88%

All of a sudden, while iam composing an email on hotmail, certain keys of my desktop keyboard stopped working...i assumed that once i restart it the issue would be resolved. I was mistaken. I have restarted my desktop computer, unplugged the keyboard from the cpu and start my pc up again, however the same issues persists. Most keys are functioning on my keyboard, but certain keys give no response. My num pad is not working, and the num lock green light doesnt even light up when i push down on it. Now the problem is, i cant log into my desktop windows xp, mainly because my password contains a 7 in it. None of the keys work on the numpad, however a few numbers do work from the main keyboard component. I have no idea what to do. I tried pressing f8 to go into safe mood but nothing happens. Please help. Thank you

A:certain keys on keyboard not working

Sounds like it's time to buy a new keyboard! If you're determined to get this one to work you can try washing it with warm water, then let it sit for a couple days to dry out, and try it again, but if I were you I'd just eat the $10

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/certain-keys-on-keyboard-not-working.1002867/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi there.

Im using a saitek eclipse 2 keyboard and recently ive noticed that the following keys are no longer functioning: f8, f9, f10, f11, f12 and the print screen key. all other keys work fine as you can probably tell. i have no idea why this is happening. there are no drivers to install even on the saitek website because its a plug and play keyboard. This is really frustrating because i use those keys quite often in games.
My specs are:
Core 2 duo e6400
2gb ddr2 667
8600gt
Tagan 530w psu

Please help!

A:Various keys on the keyboard not working

try another keyboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/various-keys-on-the-keyboard-not-working.89864/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello im new to this stuff i was wondering if anyone could help me i have a samsung r r and i broke the keyboard on it a while back and started using a external usb keyboard which broke on me a keyboard mixed keys up few days ago so ive decided keyboard keys mixed up to fit an asus x dc keyboard just to see if it was my keyboard that was broke or it was something wrong with my laptop which does not work properly all the keys rather dont work or mixed up for example esc y f f pgdn s w n - b w full screen e r u f g h f j h l z t b f n g right click shift now i want to replace my original keyboard but dont if its worth it just incase it does the same or if its only doing this because its an asus x dc keyboard if anyone can help please do ow and ive wrote all this using on screen keyboard took me a while haha nbsp