Windows Support Forum

Laptop won't connect to home wifi but will connect to work wifi

Q: Laptop won't connect to home wifi but will connect to work wifi

About a week ago, our cable internet connection went out. Before I had a chance to reboot the modem & router, my 11 year old decided to completely reset the router to factory settings! Ugh! This caused several issues: my home network is now gone, only a unsecured factory network is available. When I try to plug my laptop into the router via ethernet cord (in order to login to router and setup secure network) my computer will not recognize the router and won't connect to internet. I tried troubleshooting with my cable provider and they say it's in my computer (IP address will not reset) and he recommended I replace my network card. However, today when I brought my laptop to work, it will instantly recognize the wifi at work. So is it really my network card that is causing issues? Please help, I'm desperate and not tech too tech savvy!

Details:
Linksys wireless router
Charter cable modem
Hp pavillion dv6 laptop with Windows Vista OS

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Laptop won't connect to home wifi but will connect to work wifi

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Laptop won't connect to home wifi but will connect to work wifi

Did you figure this out?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-connect-to-home-wifi-but-will-connect-to-work-wifi.204978/
Relevancy 101.37%

Hey guys,

I've got a Dell work laptop. It has McAfee Safeboot and other work related security things. I don't have many "privileges" on the machine. It connects to my work wifi network just fine (automatically) but I can't get it to connect to any wifi networks outside of work. If go to network settings and look at the wireless adapter and view available wifi networks, nothing comes up. It looks like the laptop has an alternative program that controls network adapter (Dell network adapter program) but it won't open when I double click it.

Any thoughts on where to start? What more info would you like?

-eamon

A:Connect work laptop to home wifi

Have a talk with your work IT department and see if they can check it out for you. Then I would make sure that all the drivers are updated, not through MS but through each vendors website, especially the network adapter.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/177144-connect-work-laptop-home-wifi.html
Relevancy 91.14%

***I have no problem connecting to my WiFi at home and other hotspots, but when i go to work, which is at a hotel with and unsecured wireless network, it tells me I cannot connect due to an unknown reason. Please help***

A:Connect to WiFi at home, but not at Work

At home and at work (identify the work network if it is not obvious) ...

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector.

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connect-to-wifi-at-home-but-not-at-work.977732/
Relevancy 90.21%

my laptop and handphone couldn';t even find my home wifi while the rest could..
i tried to restart my adaptor for quite a few times but it still fail...
this problem appeared suddenly when i still could connect it last time..

i m using asus n43s windows 7 home premium

A:couldn't connect to home wifi when others work!

What channel is the router using? What channels are the computer's adapter capable of using?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/couldnt-connect-to-home-wifi-when-others-work.1105910/
Relevancy 89.28%

Got me stumped! My Sony Vaio connects to the net fine at work but at home shows connection to the wireless network but no internet access. Any thoughts appreciated! BTW I'm using a Netgear DGN1000 & IE.

A:Unable to connect to net via wifi at home but is fine at work

Is this a company issued machine ?
Sounds like it should of been connected to your home network before your work network if it was a personal machine ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/288200-unable-connect-net-via-wifi-home-but-fine-work.html
Relevancy 88.35%

I have an XP laptop that I use only when traveling - last time was in February, so not very often. I will be on the road this week and am testing out the laptop today. It is showing 1394 connection 2 as connected but not displaying any web pages. I had a similar problem in february and the hotel wifi tech support was able to figure it out. I tried their fix and it's still not working. I appreciate any help.

Thank you

A:Laptop won't connect to home wifi

Are you only seeing 1394 Connection listed in your Network Connection list?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-connect-to-home-wifi.1124048/
Relevancy 88.35%

My laptop will not connect to my home wifi. I've tried resetting the router, uninstalling and reinstalling the wifi driver, and pretty much everything else that i could find to try. i don't know what else to try. Can someone please help? Thank you

A:My HP laptop will not connect to my home wifi

What kind of messages are you getting? What are you observing when you try to connect? Have you tried taking your laptop to Starbucks or something and see if it can connect to any other wireless network? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-HP-laptop-will-not-connect-to-my-home-wifi/td-p/5668165
Relevancy 88.35%

Hi I need to please ask that you be patient with me as I have an extremely limited knowledge of computers or laptops so I am actually struggling to even word this question correctly I have an HP G laptop with Windows XP I Cannot WiFi home XP to laptop connect had WiFi installed at my university digs and I believe I am the main laptop through which the internet connection runs My parents have recently had a WiFi Netgear router installed on their home computer but I am unable to connect to the internet through my laptop i was told that as my laptop IP address was set to my university WiFi connection all i had to do was reset my laptop s IP address and I would be able to connect to my parents WiFi However I am Cannot connect XP laptop to home WiFi really unsure of how to do this Cannot connect XP laptop to home WiFi and am also concerned that if I do so I will be unable to connect my Uni WiFi once I return Or even if this in indeed the Cannot connect XP laptop to home WiFi problem Any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Cannot connect XP laptop to home WiFi

welcome to tsg

would you do the following
------------------------------------------------------------------------
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-xp-laptop-to-home-wifi.945449/
Relevancy 87.42%

At Best Buy they said that there's nothing wrong with my laptop I'm past the return policy and only have manufactures warranty It works on other wifi Also other devices connect to the home wifi just fine My laptop used to work on the wifi Something popped up saying there's a problem and Windows can automatically fix it so I let it Ever since when I try to connect it'll say connecting is taking longer than usual And then it says can't connect to network The Internet at my house is HughesNet and the router is Belkin but what my my a... connect wifi to home Laptop Acer won't Why I don't get is why my laptop Why won't my Acer Laptop connect to my home wifi a... connected to the wifi just fine before but Why won't my Acer Laptop connect to my home wifi a... now it doesn't I rebooted it before I went to Best Buy but that didn't fix the problem But like I said they said that my laptop has no problem They said that it might be the Internet Service Provider or the wireless router Every other device connects just fine still And my laptop connects to other wifi still I'm at a loss here

A:Why won't my Acer Laptop connect to my home wifi a...

Check in Device Manager that the WIFI driver is there and doesn't have a yellow question mark by it.Even though other devices connect, unplug your router for a minute and plug back in, start the laptop.Find your laptop here:http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers and check for a newer driver.Download whatever driver is there, uninstall the driver in Programs and Features and Device Manager, checking delete software and reboot.Install the new driver. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Why-won-t-my-Acer-Laptop-connect-to-my-home-wifi-anymore/td-p/335998
Relevancy 87.42%

So basically got New can school at to connect laptop, wifi can't but at home my school laptop yesterady the internet worked fine at school but when I came home it wouldn't work When I came to school again today it worked when I came home again it wouldn't The internet connection showed that it was connected but I don't got internet acess Some restarts I have internet pretty slow just on the beginning sometimes pages just loads forever or very long without connecting and sometimes it just loads a little bit and says network error I've been working with trying to fix it all day yesterday and like one hour today and now I just want to get it done so I came here to make a thread My network is fine with the computers telephones in my house so it's not the router I've tried to use the windows network error checking tool it just says that the strandard gateway isn't available which is not getting automatically resolved and it identifies a problem aswell that the connection between the router and internet has disconnected I have tried to Restarted Changing battery network card settings to high priority New laptop, can't connect to wifi at home but can at school Disconnecting reconnecting Re-typing wifi password Deactivating ipv Using a DNS Few CMD commands Changing an option called quot dulex rulex someting quot or something that tells how much mb s you should receive or something like that from router to automatically New laptop, can't connect to wifi at home but can at school detect to mb s didn't make any difference either and more windows enterprise edition i gb ram gb HDD etc everything new None of my other friends at school got this issue I asked the computer guy but he's stupid he asked New laptop, can't connect to wifi at home but can at school me like times if I had the right wifi password etc Help

A:New laptop, can't connect to wifi at home but can at school

This is quite simple - The School is using a proxy within Internet Explorer. You must have admin rights for this to work.

On Internet Explorer, - Tools - Internet Options - Connections - LAN Settings - Untick the bottom box (Proxy)

Close and re-open IE, everything should be working.

Make sure you make a note as you will need to re-tick the box when you're next at school.

Regards,

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/303634-new-laptop-cant-connect-wifi-home-but-can-school.html
Relevancy 87.42%

My laptop is not connecting to a broadband or a home wifiwifi and my mobile and other devices are connected from this wifi and when i turn on my mobile hotspot then it will easily connected to this. What should i do to connect my laptop from this hidden network.Piyush

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-laptop-can-t-connect-to-a-home-wifi-and-my-mobile-and/td-p/5641547
Relevancy 86.8%

Hi there,

I have a new problem that has just cropped up today. I am no longer able to connect to public wifi or my phone's wireless hotspot. My laptop either will not connect or connect with limited access. It has connected without issue in the past and as soon as I returned home it connected to my wifi here.

What I did notice is I am connected to an unidentified network with no internet access in addition to my home wireless network:
Specs:
Acer Aspire S7 392
Windows 8.1 64 bit
Intel Dual Band Wireless 7260 (driver updated)
Disabled my firewall and antivirus

I just connected to my phone's hotspot again and here is what I am coming up with:
Attachment 57082

And when I run ipconfig/renew
Attachment 57083

Any ideas what could be causing this?

A:Can only connect to home wifi - no public/hotspot wifi

What Internet Security software are you using? Are you using any third party software to manage network connections?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/60701-can-only-connect-home-wifi-no-public-hotspot-wifi.html
Relevancy 86.49%

Hello I ve looked at the other posts but cant seem to find the solution I can not connect to the home WiFi network using this laptop yet I can connect this laptop to other public networks using the WiFi I can connect this laptop tp the home network using cable to the Netgear Broadband wireless router and I can connect this to laptop Solved: to home using Unable WiFi connect to the home network with other Solved: Unable to connect to home WiFi using this laptop devises ie ipads ipods Solved: Unable to connect to home WiFi using this laptop and another windows XP laptop I had McAfee installed which was not working and I have uninstalled it Here is a copy of an ipconfig all command I used Windows IP Configuration Host Name Sheila-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - - B-AE- -BD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cc aaa db acd Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday January PM Lease Expires Tuesday January PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -D - -FF- - - B-AE- -BD DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - F- - - - F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap DD - B - - A - DED Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap BFC D- D - B -B DD-A A EA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap BC EC- B- F- C - BF Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap BC EC- B- F- C - BF Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap FFAA-A A- DB -A -BF E A C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes If I ping the gateway only one or two packets returned I hope someone can help nbsp

Relevancy 85.25%

Hello fellas i need to connect my dumb Xbox to connect to to modem--->not Solved: live!!! wifi able laptop+wifi xbox360+USB live for it does not play any movies and asks to connect to live that i am unable to do OKey here is the plit- gt i have a usb modem that i connect into my laptop wihch has wifi n all that now i create an adhoc n w first on lapi--the xbox detects and connects but still test connection fails the xbox is unable to connect to the adhoc n w second i Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!! tried creating a adhoc n w on my xbox-- gt lapi connects to that n w but still the test conncetion fails on the xbox I have checked quot Allow users to use this n w quot for my USB modem connection which i use to connect to Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!! the internet In Properties-- gt Sharing But here it asks to select the n w connection out of options Wireless conn Wireless conn Local Area Conn Sometimes it shows only Wileless Conn and LAN i tried every possible combination of all these settings but nothing is working The internet on my laptop works fine I am using Win Home Premium I just need to connect my Xbox to my laptop wirelessely and use the internet connection my laptop is using i tried some manual settings of ip subnet n dns server on my xbox n lapi in this case the xbox connects to the network while connection test but does not connects to laptop HELP guys nbsp

A:Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-laptop-wifi-xbox360-usb-modem-not-able-to-connect-to-live.1032051/
Relevancy 84.94%

Hi All,

I am new to this forum..few day agai got to know that I can make my Windows 7 Laptop a HotSpot via Virtual WiFi...so I tried to make my laptop hotspot and the same can be detected from my iPhone also...i can connect connect iPhone to my laptop...but i cant access any internet..
i have also tried putting off my firewall but with no use....
can somebody help me out with the same?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-iphone-via-wifi-from-windows-7-virtual-wifi-laptop.971585/
Relevancy 81.84%

Just to start off I am COMPLETELY clueless and have no tech savvy whatsoever so simple language would be appreciated I ve owned this laptop for a little over a year and all this time I ve been able to connect to Wifi without a problem This morning the icon at the bottom left of but Laptop with Ethernet will Wifi, won't cord an to My connect connect the screen told me there was no Internet connection available when I troubleshot it it suggested using the Ethernet cord to connect The Ethernet cord connects them fine and the internet connection becomes available but I m still unable to use the Wifi This is an issue with my laptop because all the other devices My Laptop won't connect to Wifi, but will connect with an Ethernet cord in my house are able to connect to the Wifi and the modem is showing all the appropriate lights and such I ve tried turning it off and on again but alas this once that method has failed I ve also tried resetting the modem and it made no difference Last night I was uninstalling various programs that I didn t need and that s the only thing I ve done differently to my usual computing habits I don t think I removed anything unless I knew what it was but it s possible I accidently removed something important I don t know if that has any relevance or not but it s all I can think of as the reason for this My laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio and the system I use is Windows My modem is Telstra Bigpond Please help D nbsp

A:My Laptop won't connect to Wifi, but will connect with an Ethernet cord

How far from the router are you? I experience the same thing occasionally on my laptop.
I usually have to switch the wifi switch off on the laptop & on then I reboot & I'm back online. My laptop & tower are both about 50' away & on the lower floor where the router is. Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-connect-to-wifi-but-will-connect-with-an-ethernet-cord.197531/
Relevancy 107.93%

My laptop will not connect to the new home wifi for some reason. I have never connected to this wifi before. When I put in the current wifi password which we made ourselves it says it is incorrect. However when I put in the original password that came with the router it just says it "can't connect". I don't know if that means anything, but the main issue is that the laptop will not connect to the wifi when all of my other devices had no issue.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-t-connect-to-home-wifi/td-p/5732416
Relevancy 107.93%

Hey there!
I have a toshiba portege and I am unable to connect to my wireless network at home. All my roommates can and two days ago I could! I haven't changed anything and none of my roommates or landlord has done anything. When I try to "diagnose" the problem I get the notice that there is a problem with the adapter. I have tried disabling everything and restarting it. The wireless switch is on. The security info is all correct and we have tried the restarting of the router.
Any ideas?
Cheers!

Relevancy 107.93%

Since I bought this new pc I've been trying to connect to the internet but I couldn't. I have a personal wireless network to which i can connect with other devices but this new machine just can't. In the first place it can't even connect to it (sometimes it doesn't even see it) and when it can i can't seem to be able to surf the web without problems (really slow). this new pc has a ipv6 while my laptop is a ipv4, maybe there's some kind of conflict with the router? I can show you the ipconfig/all if it can be of some help. thanks

Relevancy 107.93%

Last night and for as long as I've had my laptop the wig has worked fine. I turned it on this morning and it won't connect to wifi and I desperately need it. I've done a troubleshoot and it says a network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken. I don't plug anything in so I assume it's broken but don't know how to fix this? Also, there's a crack in the back of my laptop and I'm not sure if this has something to do with it has it may be pulling internal components out but I'm not sure. Please help fast as this is urgent, thanks

A:Can't connect to home wifi?

did you try updating the wifi card driver

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-t-connect-to-home-wifi/td-p/5817583
Relevancy 107.93%

I have had this laptop for over 4 months and had no problem with the home  wifi.  Last few days ago, I could not connect to wifi anymore even though my phones and tablet are still able to connect the wifi.  I looked around to find the switch that my old laptop had, but could not find it.  Is there anyway I can fix it by myself?  Can you please help!  Thanks so much in advance!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-t-Connect-to-Home-Wifi/td-p/5597328
Relevancy 107.93%
A:yo I cant connect to my home wifi help please

There can be several reasons for the issue. You can refer to the following link for troubleshooting options depending upon the operating system you are using:http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/network-connection-problem-help#network-problems=windows-... Hope this will help you.

http://community.acer.com/t5/XP-Vista-or-earlier/yo-I-cant-connect-to-my-home-wifi-help-please/td-p/339023/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 107.93%
A:yo I cant connect to my home wifi help please

There can be several reasons for the issue. You can refer to the following link for troubleshooting options depending upon the operating system you are using:http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/network-connection-problem-help#network-problems=windows-... Hope this will help you.

http://community.acer.com/t5/XP-Vista-or-earlier/yo-I-cant-connect-to-my-home-wifi-help-please/td-p/339023
Relevancy 107.93%

My pc connects to the wifi but keeps diconnecting after a few seconds.The wifi is working just fine with all other devices, and my pc only has this problem with my home network.It's been like this for a while some days it'll stay connected without any problems and some days it just won't connect.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/PC-won-t-connect-to-home-Wifi/td-p/5716580
Relevancy 107.07%

I have a Cisco Lynksis Router Model WRT120N - which is connect wirelessly to my MAC home computer. I also have a Dell D630 Laptop using WindowsXP. I have recently moved and my laptop used to connect to my wireless router (when I was at my old house) But now at my new house my laptop wont connect. It will connect wirelessly at other locations. The laptop picks up the wireless name and shows full strength. I have trouble shot a little. Help Please!

A:Unable to connect to wifi at home

Do you have service pack 3?

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

IPCONFIG /ALL

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-wifi-at-home.1070180/
Relevancy 107.07%

My laptop suddenly became unable to connect to my home wifi. When I try, it tries to connect for a few seconds and then i get the message "can't connect to this network". until this happened i connected to it without problems. other laptops (housemates) can still connect to it as always without problems. my laptop can still, as, always, connect without problems to all other wifis. I've tried updating windows, then restoring, i upgraded to windows 8.1, i tried changing the security settings, rebooting the wifi, all the troubleshooting i could find on my computer. any ideas? is it more likely to be a problem with the wifi or with my laptop?

A:windows 8.1 can't connect to home wifi

in windows 8
forget the wireless network
so that you reconnect and have to re-enter the password
if still a problem

turn the router off for 5 mins and backon again - try again
if still a problem

try removing the password from the router and see if it will then connect
if it does then put the password backon

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-8-1-cant-connect-to-home-wifi.1146421/
Relevancy 107.07%

Hi guys,
I got this Windows 8 laptop some 2 months ago, everything was perfect until today.
I just cannot connect to my home wifi network.

Extra info:
- wifi light is on on laptop.
- can see other wifi network connections from neighborhood, but not my home one.
- when I manually type name of home network it says "network already installed", but still won't let it appear.
- iPhone and iPad don't have problems connecting to wifi network.
- iPhone, iPad and said PC all connected on same network for weeks in same room, never a conflict issue.

Couldn't sort it...please let me know if you have a trick.
Much appreciated.
Thank you.

A:Windows 8 can't connect to home wifi

First try powering your PC off and on. If that does not help, reboot your router and/or data modem (power them off & on). I have had my router stop working with one device while still working fine with others, a reboot fixed it.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/40519-windows-8-cant-connect-home-wifi.html
Relevancy 107.07%

I have a year old Asus laptop that has been great through out the years My son installed Skype and now it doesn't connect to the wireless network in my house on boot up I have uninstalled Skype but the problem still persists I have to run the trouble shooter and applied the Automatically Connect WiFi Can't Home To fix Can't Automatically Connect To Home WiFi it suggests The problem found is Wireless capability is turned off Applying this fix works every time until the machine is put to sleep or powered down then it has to be done all Can't Automatically Connect To Home WiFi over again Curiously when I press Fn F I can disconnect from the wireless network but when I press it again it does nothing I have to run the trouble shooter to connect again I have updated all my drivers directly from Intel and have made sure that the correct services and their depencies are all started Nothing seems to work Another Problem Found that the Trouble Shooter detects is A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken I have tried to fix this problem but have not been successful As far as I can tell the cables are fine I don't know if the two problems are related I would think so Any suggestions on how to automatically connect to my wireless network without having to run the trouble shooter would be great Thanks

A:Can't Automatically Connect To Home WiFi

Another Problem Found that the Trouble Shooter detects is, "A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken."
The above problem just means you don't have the Ethernet cable plugged in. If you do have the Ethernet plugged in, then you have a problem though!

For the above problem and the wireless issue I would do a System Restore to before Skype was installed, and see if that fixes it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/543232/cant-automatically-connect-to-home-wifi/
Relevancy 107.07%

I can't connect connect to my home wireless network. It says I am connected but none of my browsers will load anything.
I can connect to other wireless networks that i have access to.
I can connect if i plug into the router directly
All of the other computers in my house connect just fine.
Any thoughts

A:Can't connect to Wifi on home network but everyone else can

I think its a security issue.
1) Check the password you put in and make sure its written correctly with the right case (lowercase/uppercase).
2) Disable any 3G/4G connections if you have any.

If that doesn't work giive me more information about your network:
1) General network layout (two computers, one laptop/one desktop, w/dsl modem to a residential gateway, etc)
2) Also, tell me what security mechanism you have on your wireless access point (WEP, WPA, WPA2). If you're using CCMP/AES and you have an older computer then you may not be able to use them together.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-wifi-on-home-network-but-everyone-else-can.1019073/
Relevancy 107.07%

Hello

I have recently up-graded my laptop from 8 to 8.1. Since that time, the laptop will not automatically connect to my home wifi. If I try to connect manually, it will say "unable to connect to network" and that's it, no more clues! The only way I can connect is by selecting 'restart' and then it will re-boot and connect automatically. If I 'shut-down' after use (or hibernate) it will not re-connect until I have selected 're-start' which is time consuming and annoying!

Any ideas? Thanks

A:Will not connect to home wifi since 8.1 upgrade

We will need your system specs in order to help you.

This is most likely a driver problem but we need more info in order to find the correct driver.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/35834-will-not-connect-home-wifi-since-8-1-upgrade.html
Relevancy 105.78%

I have been relatively happy with my Yoga but I have run into an odd situation and would appreciate any help Specifically my device functions well with my home router but if I move to an area of the to 900: re-connect home WiFi router Yoga cannot house where the WiFi signal is weak and I get disconnected from the router I seem to be Yoga 900: WiFi cannot re-connect to home router unable to re-connect to the router when I then move back to an area of the house with a strong signal I tried turning off the WiFi and turning it back on but it still will not connect It seems the only way I can get back online is to reboot Is there a solution to this For what it's worth I do have the default driver installed Intel Dual Band Wireless AC and saw a post somewhere suggesting going to the Intel site for their driver I am not someone who enjoys tweaking settings so hopefully there is a simple step I am missing Thanks so much to anyone who has time and willingness to offer a suggestion

A:Yoga 900: WiFi cannot re-connect to home router

Hmm, my unit doesn't have that issue. Try reinstalling the Intel wireless driver: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/Yoga-Series/yoga-900-13isk/downloads/D...

I'm a Lenovo advocate, part of the Lenovo INsiders program. #LenovoIN. I don't work for Lenovo.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-900-WiFi-cannot-re-connect-to-home-router/td-p/3308989
Relevancy 105.78%

Hello, I am having troubles connecting my laptop to my wireless router. Currently, I am hardwired to my internet (totally defeating the purpose of having a laptop...). My computer sees the network, but when I try to connect it, it says "UNABLE TO CONNECT", yet I can connect to other networks... All the other computers in the house along with game consoles connected just fine once I put in our password. My patience is running low on this issue. Please help!

A:Computer REFUSES to connect to home wifi.

Were you able to connect before that?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-refuses-to-connect-to-home-wifi.1068838/
Relevancy 105.78%

I took my work laptop home for the first time yesterday. It wouldn't connect to the home wifi, but it does connect to other networks including work and McDonald's. It's not the modem, all our other devices work well with the home wifi and I reset the modem just in case. I've changed the proxy settings, which allowed me to connect to networks outside of work but no luck at home. I've allowed all my browsers through the firewall, even tried with the firewall off for a bit. I reset the tcp/in and winsock, didn't work. I have an Atheros AR5007 802 11b/g wifi adapter which is up to date and has been reset.

A:PC does not connect to home wifi (Windows Vista)

Also: When looking at the wireless network connection status, it says 3,000+ bytes sent and none received. I tried the "automatically acquire new IP settings option" and it says there is still a problem & that my modem/router is unavailable. A diagnostic test performed yesterday said there is an antispyware product installed that is not protecting the system but no infections were detected. This antispyware product is the last thing I can think to have caused this.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/pc-does-not-connect-to-home-wifi-windows-vista-965465.html
Relevancy 105.78%

I have several different computers that connect to my home wifi connection through my router and they are either Windows Vista or Windows XP. This is the only Windows 7 I think or maybe not, I have a new little mini that has Windows 7 I think, however, I am not able to get this computer to connect. I have unplugged the modem, unplugged the router, restarted my computer, checked my wifi connection and no matter what I do it will not connect. Help.

A:[SOLVED] My Vaio won't connect to my home wifi

How does this work? Is anyone there? Is anyone going to answer me? Please

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/solved-my-vaio-wont-connect-to-my-home-wifi-640713.html
Relevancy 105.78%

I've been having a weird problem. I had a TP-Link WR841N router which I replaced with a D-Link DIR-615 today. Before the replacement all my laptops, home desktop and my tablet would connect just fine. After the switch, all machines except the tablet connect to the Internet. My tablet shows that its connected to the router but I cannot access the router admin pages or the Internet. Any idea what could be happening here? All settings on the DIR-615 are the same as the TP-Link one.

A:Solved: Can't get my tablet to connect to my home wifi

Assuming everything is running some version of Windows, please post the IPCONFIG /ALL command line results for one computer that has a working connection and for the tablet that is having the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-get-my-tablet-to-connect-to-my-home-wifi.1079334/
Relevancy 105.78%

Hey,

I have an Acer Aspire that shows my home network and at full strength, but won't connect. It will however connect to other wifi, as well as my iPhone hotspot. Other devises in the house will also connect to the router, so the problem doesn't seem to be there. I was told that my settings are probably off and that I needed to create a new home ip address. Tried doing the ipconfig/release and then renew, but that doesn't work if I can't connect to that IP address. How can I get it to recognize the IP address?

Thanks
Lyn

Relevancy 105.78%

Just bought new Spectre Notebook, tried to connect to home wifi, entered security code (it's my 10-digit phone number) and it won't connect, says, "Can't connect to this network." I'm typing this now on the old computer connected to the network. Tried everything suggested, including reinstalling the driver, restarting computer, etc.

A:New HP Spectre Notebook can't connect to home wifi

Paid $1000 for the computer and it doesn't connect to internet!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/New-HP-Spectre-Notebook-can-t-connect-to-home-wifi/td-p/5777795
Relevancy 105.78%

Hi all I have a home network set up sharing the broadband connection successfully throughout the house via a Linksys broadband router We have four laptops and two desk based machines and each can connect to the internet without issue On one of the desk based PCs I have a Laserjet HL D connected and shared The PC it is connected to runs XP Home SP edition I can connect and print to this printer from all machines except my wife s new Sony Vaio laptop When I try to add a network printer and browse the windows network it simply doesn t find it at all Whereas I am on my dell 1 printer PC on cannot home out connect to wifi network 4 of my laptop and can search and locate the printer without issue The Sony Vaio can connect to the net without issue is only a few months old and is running running XP Home SP my Dell is running XP Pro SP Is there anything I might be missing here that an expert could advise on please Thanks 1 PC out of 4 cannot connect to printer on my wifi home network all nbsp

Relevancy 105.78%

Hi,

I have windows 7 x64 service pack 1 on my acer aspire E1-510. Until yesterday everything was normal but now my home wifi doesn't show up on the list of available networks on laptop but I can see other networks from my neighborhood. However my home wifi shows up on other devices and I can connect to it.

I have tried going in the safe mode but no luck. Still won't show up.

Don't know what to do. Please help.

A:Can't connect to my home wifi, but other networks show up

I would try going back 2 days before the problem with system restore.
If that does not work, take your computer off the wi fi boot the computer and set it up again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/361035-cant-connect-my-home-wifi-but-other-networks-show-up.html
Relevancy 104.92%

I bought my mum her first PC with Win and a broadband connection which we have set Wifi to Any Connect Ideas work! - Won't Auto Please? up as WIFI The Auto Connect to Wifi - Won't work! Any Ideas Please? broadband works fine when we manually connect it But the problem is when I have tried to set this to 'connect automatically on start up' bottom right hand corner icon into wifi and properties clicked on the connections tab and ticked the box that says 'connect automatically on start up' But everytime I re-start the computer the wifi does not automatically connect I have tried ticking the other boxes as well under 'connect automatically etc- but nothing seems to work I have downloaded the latest software adaptor installed IE over the top and the settings all say 'automatically connect' - but the pc just is not doing it - on start up I don't know what else to do - I am sure it's a setting somewhere but spent hrs last night and couldn't find it I just want to make it easy for my mum to get onto the net as she's never used a pc before so all she has to do is to click on the E ie button and straight into google Any thoughts would be very welcome thank you very much

A:Auto Connect to Wifi - Won't work! Any Ideas Please?

Hello Gail, welcome to SF!

It sounds a bit strange... so a question first before we try stuff..

When you say it works fine if you manually connect.... what exactly do you do?
Please don't leave out any info that you might find superfluous...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/173684-auto-connect-wifi-wont-work-any-ideas-please.html
Relevancy 104.92%

I have a new iPhone 4Gs. at work I noticed under available networks that there is one labeled 'Free Public WiFi' but when i try to access this i get no where. no error messages come up or request for password. Mainly I'm trying to use this wifi for FaceTime connect with the iphone. I am told that others try to access this network and can't get to the internet either.
What could be the problem? the strength is about 50% but even when I walk to an area that is supposedly FULL strength signal it won't work then either. the DHCP address is:169.254.106.123 subnet mask: 255.255.0.0

A:trying to connect to wireless WiFi network at work

Well, you most likely answered your own question. Others that try to connect can't either. I'd suggest that maybe that free public WiFi isn't working.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-connect-to-wireless-wifi-network-at-work.932015/
Relevancy 104.92%

Hi Here is the story of my long struggle with this except wireless all at connect Cannot to work network wifi issue I have a Lenovo T and installed Windows little over two months ago After the upgrade I started having trouble connecting to different wireless networks ATT Uverse at home Verizon Jetpack LE Verizon Pantech UML and wifi networks at Starbucks I can see the SSID but when I try to connect it it says quot verifying and connecting quot and errors out All these wireless networks work perfectly Cannot connect to all wireless network except wifi at work ok with rest of my devices Windows laptops MacBook Air Pro Tablets etc However my windows laptop is able to connect to the two wireless network Cannot connect to all wireless network except wifi at work at work one is Cannot connect to all wireless network except wifi at work internal and one public wifi for guests The only difference is our corporate wifi uses Radius servers for authentication where as rest of the wireless networks don't Here's what I have done troubleshooting this issue so far Completely wiped the drive and reinstall the OS Tried connecting to the wireless network with the default drivers and the same issue happened Downloaded the latest drives for the Intel Centrino Ultimate-N AGN from Intel's website and tried connecting to the wireless network Same error again Called Verizon to see if there was a problem on their end Reset the two Verizon G cards to factory settings updated firmware's and tried connecting Same error Called ATT and same steps and no luck Changed Wireless Authentication Type from quot WPA quot to quot WPA quot quot WEP quot and tried connecting Same thing again Disabled Wireless security Same error Renamed SSID Opened a support ticket with Microsoft and took Netmon logs once while connecting to problematic wireless network and once while connecting to wifi at work which works And one more netmon log from Windows Laptop connecting to the same wireless that has problems connecting on Windows laptop Compared the logs and all we found was there was no attempt packet transfer while connecting from Win device where as Win device shows Beacon response The log files in quot C Windows tracing quot on Win device do not get updated when I try to connect to the wireless network that I have problem connecting to Called Lenovo and replaced the Wireless NIC and still have the same problem After all these troubleshooting I have absolutely no clue what the issue and what I am supposed to do to troubleshoot this issue Please help if you have any suggestions

A:Cannot connect to all wireless network except wifi at work

FIPS enabled in 802.11 advanced settings?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/28274-cannot-connect-all-wireless-network-except-wifi-work.html
Relevancy 104.92%

Hi,
I bought a new Sony Vaio laptop with Windows 8 installed in it. I'm able to connect to Wifi networks at home but not at work. My laptop has a "Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB EG" WiFi driver installed. I tried to rollback the Wifi drivers and connect but still I'm not able to succeed. Could someone please help me out to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance.
Sundar

A:Unable to connect to Wifi Networks at Work

Can you see the network? What happens when you try to connect?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/15353-unable-connect-wifi-networks-work.html
Relevancy 104.49%

lost wifi access thru local home connection can connect thru public network my grandma during last visit accidentally changed the network to her laptop Have tried to reset netgear wnr v with pin in back turned off and waited and turned back on again--no success have tried to set up new network--see the network listed but no internet access available have modem router from comcast My laptop is Acer Aspire with Lan Broadcom and wireless lan atheros Hope that helps gettting discouraged have looked on your other threads posts for suggestions-have tried many so far no help have used your website in past and has always helped esp since I m not very computer savvy How can I get my wifi connected again Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Vicatron gt PING PING is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file network connect Solved: local/home cant wifi to C Users Vicatron gt Ping google com Pinging google com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping Solved: wifi cant connect to local/home network statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Vicatron gt nbsp

Relevancy 104.49%

This alas is a very well known and oft posted problem www WiFi 3GS Can't to connect to get connection Home iPhone Apple PC whirlpool Can't get Apple iPhone 3GS to connect to Home PC WiFi connection com au and appears unresolvable Basically my Iphone - sitting on top of the router - will not consistantly connect AND maintain the connection If I keep at it over and over again it will eventually connect but then lose same in a matter of a few Can't get Apple iPhone 3GS to connect to Home PC WiFi connection seconds As this NETGEAR modem also handles my wife s PC and a laptop without any problems I have to believe it is in the iPhone settings that the problem exists OK I have done the following Done a factory reset on the NETGEAR modem Reset the iPhone to factory Yuck Reset over and over again the NETWORK SETTINGS on the iPhone Set up quot another quot network with NETGEAR to see if the default one it finds is quot faulty quot Pretty well done everything that has been suggested on the www whirlpool forums where as above thias is a very common problem all to no avail Everything points to a weak poor or broken NETGEAER conection but the little connection ICON comes in loud and clear and when I do finally get a connection it works fine - for a few seconds The iPhone worked well on this exact system setup after purchase and it is only in the last few weeks that it has gone bad Wonder if I reset the phone back to original via iTunes if that would work nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-apple-iphone-3gs-to-connect-to-home-pc-wifi-connection.850164/
Relevancy 104.49%

Can someone please help My partners Aspire laptop will Cannot 5315 connect Acer Aspire Wifi home to not connect to our newly installed Virgin wifi Virgin have tried to access while hard wired and can see no issue with wifi my laptop runs without issue Samsung Q When trying to connect Windows Network Diagnostics the message that comes up is Cannot communicate with primary DNS Server Network diagnostics pinged the remote host but did not receive a response We can take her Aspire laptop out and connect to friends WIFI Virgin BT etc without any issues but cannot do this on our own wifi at home Every diagnostic thats been run shows no issues with anything The wireless adapter details are as follows Cannot connect Acer Aspire 5315 to home Wifi Adapter name Atheros AR EG Wirelss Network Adapter MAC Address - F- A- - B- DHCP Cannot connect Acer Aspire 5315 to home Wifi Enabled Enabled IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server Primary DNS Server Secondary DNS Server When I hard wire the internet through the ethrnet connection I have no issues but kinda defeats the purpose of WIFI for my partner Any Einsteins out there that can offer assistance nbsp

A:Cannot connect Acer Aspire 5315 to home Wifi

Is Einstein the one who talked about perseverance and making hundreds of mistakes before hitting on a winner? Well, anyhow, the Einsteins here are probably too busy inventing or something to spend a couple months putting together the information you need.

The following was put together mostly by etaf with a little help from me.

Atheros AR5007EG & AR5007
We have been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapters for about a year, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and windows Vista.

The adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Log into the Router and disable the wireless security and see if you are now able to connect to the internet and surf OK.
--- Please post back here if that works or does not work.

Here are a number of possible solutions

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver." That apparently has worked for some posters.

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section, as some manufactures, appear to now have a working driver available.
Toshiba - update has worked for some PCs
HP The latest HP Atheros driver dated Sept 2010 has fixed the issue - so check the driver date, However, that does NOT apply to all HPs / Compaqs machines
- the poster did an online scan for driver updates on the HP website here HP Product Detection which resulted in a solution. Solved: Can't connect to internet wirelessly - Atheros AR5007 Wifi through Clear Comm - Tech Support Guy Forums

If you can post the Make and EXACT model of your PC here, along with the windows version you have and we will see if we can find the driver and will post a link as a reply here.

--- 3) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue

--- 4) A few posters here with the same issue have found that the driver from this site ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows resolved the issue
Threads are here
Solved: Public Network - Access: Local Only (Please help!) - Tech Support Guy Forums
Solved: NetGear WNDR3700 Incompatibilty W/ Atheros AR5700 - Tech Support Guy Forums
Solved: Local connection only when connected to secured wirless - Tech Support Guy Forums
Solved: Unidentified Network - Tech Support Guy Forums
Unidentified Network
I do NOT know anything about the site mentioned ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows

However, if you do decide to try the driver, Please let us know the outcome

Direct link to the drivers are below
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " click to download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

AR5007
Vista 32 Bit
Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista
Although this driver has shown up in BSODs (Blue Screen Of Death) on Vista SP2 systems, usually conflicting with updated Vista OS drivers like netio.sys, tcpip.sys and other networking related drivers.

AR5007EG
Vista 32 Bit
Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista
Assuming that after all the above the wireless still does not connect to the internet, all I can suggest is to use wireless security of WEP or to get an external USB wireless card.

You might also bug your laptop's tech support about the problem--maybe people can put pressure on Atheros to find a fix.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-acer-aspire-5315-to-home-wifi.1025553/
Relevancy 104.49%

My phone won't connect to my Belkin router (F5D7230-4) thru the wifi connection. It previously had connected fine, but I'd reset the router today & changed the password. I'm able to connect with no problems (thru wifi or regular connection) on my pc. I went to my Belkin router page and have looked at my MAC settings (only option it gives is to clone, which I tried), I've also tried changing the password....my phone also gave me the option of hitting the WPS button on my router within 2 minutes, which I did, but it would not configure automatically as it was supposed to.

When I try to get on, on my phone, it'll say connecting, then authenticating, then eventually disable.

I would appreciate any suggestions. I did a search in the forum and saw a couple similar questions but none of those answers/steps seemed to allow me to connect. Thanks.

A:Samsung Galaxy S2 won't connect to home router/wifi.

from a pc can we see an ipconfig /all

then on the telephone from the network settings - would you post back the IP address, Subnetmask, default gateway and DNS settings if available

you could try logging into the router and removing the wireless security and see if the phone now connects - if it does - put the security back on and try again
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.
http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://wpc.475a.edgecastcdn.net/00475A/XirrusWiFiInspectorSetup.1.2.0.exe

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better.

If you are using the Mac OS then use http://www.istumbler.net/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-galaxy-s2-wont-connect-to-home-router-wifi.1035262/
Relevancy 104.49%

Greetings. My name is Randy. I got home after work yesterday and was unable to get my laptop or Android phone connected to my home network. The modem showed everything was working fine and the router was fine.

Then I noticed in the list of surrounding wifi hotspots, a new one I'd never seen -- Trojan.??? It was named Trojan dot something, like b9 or something like that. I cannot recall but can see it later tonight.

I have a TP-Link TL-WR940N V3 Wireless N450 Home Router.

Very troubling. Want to take care of this ASAP.

Thank you! 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/625458/wifi-hotspot-trojan-cant-connect-to-home-router/
Relevancy 104.49%

Hello Switched over the internet service provider to Time Warner We are using the same router we have used before the switch which was also with Time Warner service provider and everything was working FINE before the switch But now with the new modem from service provider something is wrong -- My roommate is unable to connect her laptop and her phone to the wifi even though the network is being detected I can only connect to my laptop which was the laptop I had opened to verify connectivity when the Technician was there Also my I-phone is unable to connect to the network even though it detects it It s very odd considering we had the technician come out to resolve this issue in the first place Could it be that the DHCP server has been turned off so it s allowing only one device to connect to the one IP address on the modem Or wifi to to Unable connect home devices multiple do we need to delete the wifi Unable to connect multiple devices to home wifi networks off of our computers and other devices My roommate tried that on her devices and still didn t connect Please help nbsp

A:Unable to connect multiple devices to home wifi

Do you know if your new modem includes WiFi? Is so, when you tested the connection with the technician present, did they have you connect wirelessly to your existing wireless router or to the modem itself?

Assuming you are running some version of Windows on the computer that can connect, please go into the Windows DOS/Command prompt screen and run an IPCONFIG /ALL command. Then copy and paste the complete results of the command here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-multiple-devices-to-home-wifi.1129490/
Relevancy 104.49%

I have a desktop that is able to have wifi it's a adapter dell 1450 UBS Wireless 802.11a/b/g it works so does the router which is a Cisco Linsky E 1000 it shows um that it works I'm getting packet but I just can't seem to connect I don't understand it says that I am connected but I cannot get on the internet what am I doing wrong please help my desktop is compaq hp with wireless capability help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-make-my-android-with-wifi-3g-connect-my-desktop-router-and-wifi-adapter.1085239/
Relevancy 103.63%

My laptop keeps saying default gateway not accessible even though it has all the routers information

A:Laptop won't connect to wifi

Give a little more information. Such as what OS. Make and model so forth. This way someone can help you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-connect-to-wifi.204349/
Relevancy 103.63%

My Compaq laptop will not connection to the intenet at.the hotel I'm staying at . It shows up on the wireless network but will not connect. I added it to the preferred list with the passwod but the password changes.idk how but there's to few dots when I check it.Help

A:my laptop will not connect to wifi

Did you get the password from the Hotel? The hotel clerk can usually help with this, there usually is a small fee for Wifi and they provide you with the password.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-laptop-will-not-connect-to-wifi-676376.html
Relevancy 103.63%

hi, my old laptop(packard bell) stopped connecting to wifi. it says something like "only local connection", i had problem with that before, but it dissapeared when i restarted the laptop. now i really cant do anything, i tried to connect to other networks but it wont, and restarted it like 4 times...i have an old belkin router(5 yrs or something) and the laptop is 4-5. its a vista. it stops at the identifying thing...

A:old laptop won't connect to wifi

can we see an ipconfig /all
have you checked the wireless is switched on - often a physical switch on the pc or a combination of the FN and one of the f keys to toggle

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-laptop-wont-connect-to-wifi.1069815/
Relevancy 103.63%

I've recently just bought my laptop and have had wifi issues with it from day 1. After 15-20 minutes the wifi would changed to 'Limited Access' then disconnect. IT would eventually then reconnect after a while.A few days later the same happened then i got "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEMPTION_NOT_HANDLED (Netwtw02.sys)" error which forced the latop to restart. This has happened about 3 times now. Now it won't even connect to the wifi at all. I know it is not the hub, as there are 2 other laptops, 3 tablets and 3 iphones (not all connected at once) and they don't have this problem. I have tried disabling and then re-enabling the Wireless Adapter but made no difference. Model = HP ENVY 15-ah150sa with Windows 10. Thanks.

Hello @GaryG90?, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community! I came across your post about the issue with the WiFi, and wanted to help! First, try reviewing the following document, and let me know how it goes:HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10) Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution" , this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Laptop-won-t-connect-to-wifi/td-p/5427985
Relevancy 103.63%

Hi,

I just recently bought a wireless router (DIR-615) from dlink. After installing it my laptop cannot connect to the wifi network but all other devices(iphones,etc..) can. After speaking with the dlink techs they told me it probably was a problem with my wifi adapter. I downloaded the latest driver with no success. I don't know what to try anymore.

What info would you need to help me?

My computer is a notebook by acer - Aspire 1640

A:Laptop cannot connect to wifi

can you connect by cable tothe router and see if connects
while connected by wireless
can we see an ipconfig /all an xirrus screen shot - see below

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee , AVG etc

try a tcp/ip reset - see below

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-inspectorguide-1-2-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)

To post a screen shot of the active window.
1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
OR
2) if you are using Vista/Windows 7 you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-cannot-connect-to-wifi.1072580/
Relevancy 103.63%

Hi I'm having problems with my laptop not connecting to wifi! My little girl started deleted things earlier and I have no idea what she deleted! I have reset my computer and it's still not connecting to wifi! 

Hi, Well, what is your laptop and its Operating system ?  Please use the following instructions to find out the model/product of your machine:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Laptop-won-t-connect-to-wifi/td-p/5767779
Relevancy 103.63%

HI! I have a HP Compaq 6910P Laptop! It had been on windows vista 32bit for about a few years, i had no issues, then I decided to install windows 8.1 32bit so it would run better and i could use office 2016. after 3-4 months on windows 8.1, it would not connect via wifi anymore, only via ethernet, and i need it to connect via wifi. one thing i tried is i backuped all my files and reinstalled windows 8.1, it had worked via wifi for a 1 month about then again it wont connect via wifi, i did that process again and reinstalled windows 8.1, but then still not working, no wifi only ethernet.  PLease help me, i really need this fixed.  thanks, S.G

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/LAPTOP-WILL-NOT-CONNECT-VIA-WIFI-PLEASE-HELP/td-p/5797539
Relevancy 103.63%

My laptop suddenly stopped being able to laptop to will connect wifi not connect to our wireless internet All other devices in the house still connect fine including my phone which is what I m posting this from It has worked fine almost the entire time I ve had the laptop but about a week ago it I booted it up and it couldn t connect to the internet It says connections are available but when I try to connect it gives the error message quot Windows was unable to connect to my network quot I laptop will not connect to wifi try to troubleshoot problems and it says quot Investigate router laptop will not connect to wifi or access point issues quot Turned my router off and back on unplugged it for sec etc wifi still doesn t work I ve toggled the wifi button on the keyboard and uninstalled and reinstalled wireless adapters and did a system restore to a point when I know the internet was working None of that has worked I did try following some pinging directions I found and when I ping google com I get the error message quot Ping request could not find host google com Please check the name and try again quot I pinged and the request timed out packets lost so I m wondering if maybe this is where the problem is I ve also wondered if it s possibly a virus It s a Samsung RC laptop Windows Intel Core i - QM CPU GHz Any help is appreciated thanks nbsp

Relevancy 103.63%

My laptop STILL won't connect to the wifi, my cellphone, printer and other electronics are connected. I have gone through various different steps to connect to the wifi. When contacting hp "support" I was told it is MANDATORY I buy a software warranty to get help troubleshooting. My warranty is not expired I don't understand why I still have to buy separate coverage. I have a paper due in two days. If this is the service hp provides I'll go to apple.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Laptop-will-not-connect-to-wifi-still/td-p/5649200
Relevancy 103.63%

HI I recently received a wireless modem router from comcast We connected it renamed it also changed the password and wifi can laptop to connect my I not my it works properly We can connect our playstation phones and other devices to it through the I can not connect my laptop to my wifi wifi with no problems My I can not connect my laptop to my wifi neighbor across the street can connect on his computer with ease also When I get on my laptop and try to connect It says that it is connected but its not What I mean is the little globe does not show up in the bottom right corner of the screen Even when I open a browser it says it has no internet connection When I go to the network and sharing center it has quot my computer quot ---------- unknown network-----X------ internet and nothing is in color Then under the little map thing it has a clock and beside that it says trying to identify IP I can connect with the neighbors wifi with no problem I can connect to any and all wifi hotspots also I have an ethernet cable and as soon as I plug it in The internet automaticly connects but I dont want that I pay for a wireless internet for my computer and for some reason cant use it Can someone please tell me how to fix my problem Also I must say that I know a little about computers but Im not a wiz So I might need steps on how to fix it lol thanks in advance for the help nbsp

Relevancy 103.63%

HelloMy laptop used to work just fine but recently I've been having some problems connecting to the wifi. Whenever I click on a hotspot and then connect to be able to enter the password it just loads for a while and then stops loading without doing anything. It does the same with all the hotspot except the open ones. I laso tried the Ethernet connection with my wifi but it shows the little logo saying it's connected with a triangle and an exclamation point in it and says the connection is limitited. I used to be able to connect to the wifi without any problems this has just started a few days ago. What should i do?Thank you for the help,Salomé.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Laptop-can-t-connect-to-the-wifi/td-p/5765715
Relevancy 103.63%

laptop could not connect to wifi. Other laptops can connect to this same wifi but this one can't. tried laptop on other routers and it was able to connect. The error message displays" Windows cannot connect to the selected network.The network may no longer be in range. Please..." tried the solution on microsoft but didn't work. Tried changing the ssid of the wifi then scanned for it. it showed that it was changed. The laptop can detect the wifi but it can't connect to it.The laptop is running on windows xp. Please help me.

A:Laptop could not connect to wifi

Install SP3 first, please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-could-not-connect-to-wifi.1066070/
Relevancy 103.63%

Hi I just recently bought an Acer Aspire 5250 fro rent a center and for a while I was able to connect to Wifi, but I can't anymore. i have barely downloaded anything or installed anything, so that can't be it, I've googled this problem and everything, i disabled the wireless adapter and re-enabled it and nothing happened. Any clue what DID happen? I'm currently connected to the internet with my Wireless card from my cell phone company.

A:Laptop won't connect to Wifi

Could be loads of things: If you've genuinely not installed anything that may have caused the problem, or mistakenly changed configurations of the laptop or the router, the first thing I'd be doing is checking your wireless channels aren't suffering interference from a nearby neighbour, or a windows update hasn't damaged your connection. There are probably a few other things that might cause the problem, but without any more info we're in the dark, I'm afraid.How to choose the right wireless channel - you do this on your router, the wireless devices pick it up automatically.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/409457/laptop-wont-connect-to-wifi/
Relevancy 103.63%

Hi,
About 3 weeks ago, I was using a public WIFI connection. *something* went wrong, my computer froze up, and ever since, my system icons have been disabled and I can only connect to my home WIFI connection - by going to the control panel and manually connecting. Since I no longer have my connectivity icon, I can not view the available networks, and therefore cannot select one to connect to. Only my home WIFI connection works.
This is bad, since I will be moving soon and leaving my home network. I have tried every tutorial I have found.....my last resort would be reinstalling the OS...but I'm not even sure that would work. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium. Any ideas?
Thanks!
Hollie

A:Can only connect to home WIFI, possibly due to no system icon access?

holandrand,

Do you have more information on this *something* that went wrong? Could it have been a virus? What antivirus do you have? Is it, and windows update ... all up to date?

Have you tried going into network and sharing center and using it to find another network (should be something there that says connect to a network). You might try first downloading the wireless adapter driver from its correct website and saving it to your computer, removing your current one, and then installing the newer one you just downloaded. You will have to reenter the network password (if you have one, and you should) for your home network, but hopefully this will solve the problem.

Let me know what wireless adapter you have and I can look for the correct download for you

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/205042-can-only-connect-home-wifi-possibly-due-no-system-icon-access.html
Relevancy 103.63%

I use a Dell 2010 laptop. I have consistently been able to use wifi. On 1 Jan I moved into a new apartment shared with a friend. My friend allows me to use the wifi by sharing the password. My friend's computer is a MacBook. But I cannot access wifi! Why is that? I am able to see the available connections and to see the one that my friend is using. But I am unable to access it. I tried manually adding the new wifi network. It shows up with "limited access" -- it does not enable use of internet.

A:Unable to connect to wifi on a macbook from a dell computer at home

What exactly happens when you detect the network and try to connect?

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Identify the network if it is not obvious.

Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

IPCONFIG /ALL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-wifi-on-a-macbook-from-a-dell-computer-at-home.1084318/
Relevancy 103.2%

Okay so my desktop is connected to the network by wifi to the wireless N plus B and G router It connects to the internet fine and dandy Possible iPhone's the connected that net? computer is to connect wifi to wifi by to My iPhone can connect to the router but drops the wifi signal most of the time It doesn t seem Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net? to want to hold the connection because of either distance Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net? or interference from the wall or whatever What Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net? I want is to connect the iPhone s wifi to the computer for a stronger connection But I don t want to move the router because it s centrally located and my office is kinda further away from it Equipment computer n wireless USB adapter connected to computer g wireless PCI adapter connected to computer n router connected to internet iPhone with b g connectivity Is it possible to do this I know what people have done it with one wired connection and a wireless connection from the computer But can it be done with TWO wireless adapters connected to the computer Thanks in advance for any replies PS I know it d be easier to just use the computer to browse the internet since I d be in the office anyway but I work as a D modeler and alot of times I m testing renders for scenes and such and can t stop the render without losing the progress If I browse while it s rendering it s possible I can crash the computer because of the heavy resources the D engine is already using nbsp

A:Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net?

Doesn't hurt (except maybe your time) to try. Get an ad-hoc wireless network working between computer and iPhone (using dynamic addressing). Then in Network Connections bridge the two wireless connections.

If it doesn't work, show the following for the computer before you bridge and when you have the bridge.

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista type CMD in the Search box after Start)

IPCONFIG /ALL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-to-connect-iphones-wifi-to-computer-that-is-connected-by-wifi-to-the-net.810596/
Relevancy 103.2%

HiHad this laptop for a few weeks now and never had trouble connecting to wifi at home. But today I am unable to connect to wifi and I did a troubleshoot and it says that the problem is - 'WiFi doesn't have a valid IP configuration'I know the problem is my laptop and not the wifi as it is working fine on my iPad.Can someone help please?Thanks,Dee

A:Can't connect to wifi - 'wifi doesn't have a valid IP config...

Hi there @Dee85 Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that you are having troubles with connecting to your home network; I am happy to help. Have you tried connecting to a different network with this notebook?Does the wifi (available connections) show up on your notebook at all?Have you tried resetting your wireless router? The error you are getting sounds like the router is not passing on a local IP address to your notebook. The problem could be on either side of that. Try working through these.Troubleshooting wireless network and Internet (Windows 8)Also, you can look at the power management for your wireless adapter:Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)2. Expand the Network adapters.3. Right click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.4. Click the Power Management tab.5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.6. Click OK.7. Test. Forget the network: (Windows 8)1. Press Windows Key + C2. Click Settings.3. Click Change PC settings.4. Click Network on the left.5. Click Manage known networks.6. Click the network name.7. Click Forget.Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.Reinstall the network adapter drivers:1. Download the drivers from here but do not run them yet.2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.3. Expand Network adapters.4. Right click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.6. Restart your PC and test.Test an ethernet connection:Self explanatory. Test if the issue persists on a wired connection to rule out the wireless adapter hardware so troubleshooting can be directed towards the right areas.Test another connection:Many people rule out their home network as an issue if another device is working on the same network. Networking is not that simple. Each device interacts differently with your router or modem and it is impossible to rule out settings in that device until the notebook has been tested on another network. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-t-connect-to-wifi-wifi-doesn-t-have-a-valid-IP/td-p/4902561
Relevancy 103.2%

I have a HP Notebook 15. I restarted my laptop this morning and when it came back on, all options for connecting to the internet via WiFi were gone. I am able to connect to the internet via ethernet cable, and everything works this way.There are no options whatsoever to connect to WiFi or reset the connection or anything, however the WiFi itself is working because other devices in the house are connected to it. I followed a HP technical support online page, which provided step-by-step instructions of various ways to reconnect to WiFi but nothing worked. I tried restarting the computer, updating the driver software, making sure it wasn't in airplane mode, and troubleshooting. Nothing worked. What should I try next?

A:Unable to find Wifi adapter - Cannot connect to WiFi

Hi @jgkelly2, Welcome to HP Forums! I understand that wireless connection stopped working on your laptop. I want to help. Please run the Component test - Wireless Module to verify if the wireless network adapter is functioning well.HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 8) If the test failed, the wireless adapter needs to be replaced. Let me know if you need further assistance. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos.  Regards, 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Unable-to-find-Wifi-adapter-Cannot-connect-to-WiFi/td-p/5590193
Relevancy 103.2%

Wifi doesn't connect when i move away from wifi router. I have a wifi router installed in my drawing room where i get good browsing speed on phones and laptops. But the problem starts when i take my laptop from drawing room to my bedroom which is not more than 5 mtrs from router. Wifi signal drops to zero on laptop whereas it remains decent on phones. Earlier my laptop used to connect in bedroom as well..This is happening lately. Is there any solution?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-doesn-t-connect-when-i-move-away-from-wifi-router/td-p/5768546
Relevancy 102.77%

when ever I switch on Laptop,wifi is unable to connect automatically,After trouble shooting by windows 10,the message displayed unable to connect.If I do power reset of my router then my laptop gets connected to wifi and am able to browse.
!: tried following methods to avoid power reset of router.
2:cmd prompt,ipconfig /release and next cmd ipconfig/renew,It did not work for long( flushing IP)
3:services.msc, then DHS and DNS restart.did not work.
4.i have to power reset my router everytime if my laptop has to connect to wifi.
pl suggest some ways.
5: if my wifi card is faulty ,then how it immediately connects to wifi once the power of router is off and on
[email protected]

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/wifi-unable-connect-laptop-4607515/
Relevancy 102.77%

Hello

I'm green in the manner

My daugter laptop use to connect to the home network. The network name is recognize by the laptop
The signal strength is 100%

Windows diagnostic say to verify the laptop configuration to match the wireless network router.

Where do I see those parameters

What should I look for?

Martin

A:Can't connect Laptop to wifi network

Hello,
Does she have internet access meaning can she see Google?
Im on an Ethernet but it should look something like this:

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/325893-cant-connect-laptop-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 102.77%

Hi,
My Internet suddenly stopped working on my laptop. I can connect fine on my phone, so it doesn't seem to be a problem with the router. Nonetheless I've tried restarting the router but it didn't help (I've restarted my laptop too).
The windows troubleshooter said I'm connected fine and there's no problems, but I still can't access any Web pages. The icon on the task bar seems to be a monitor with a square in the top left corner rather than the usual connection bars.
I'm not on flight mode and there doesn't seem to be any physical switches on my laptop. I'm using Windows 10 and my Internet hasn't been working for around 24 hours now.
Hopefully someone is able to help me

A:Can connect to WiFi on phone but not laptop

Press the "Windows Button" and "R" simultaneously.
Typ in cmd

A new window will open.
Typ in cd Desktop

Then typ in ipconfig /all > ipconfig.txt
Go to your Desktop and open the file "ipconfig.txt".
Copy and paste the content of that file here.

1. You may wish to omit the "Host Name" part, because of your privacy!! (in case your hostname includes real names of you or someone else)
2. If you do already have a file called "ipconfig.txt" on the Desktop, then you may wish to move that file somewhere else, otherwise it is being replaced.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/623925/can-connect-to-wifi-on-phone-but-not-laptop/
Relevancy 102.77%

Hello, I cannot connect my laptop to free wi-fi in job. It s asking me for PIN code :-( i checked router and looked for sticker with some Numbers, but there is no sticker. I tryied this laptop in several different places and everywhere it s asking me for PIN. I had that laptop connected home, and it was working normaly, there was wi-fi. I dont know how to fix it and use it in my job. Thank you for any answers..

A:cannot connect laptop to wifi, it s asking for PIN code

PIN code can also be called an passcode or access code. It's usually a 8 digit code (all numbers).

If I am correct, on the same screen, it should have a section where you can click " i dont have a PIN, i want to use a security key instead" and that would allow you to use that instead.

Having said that, since you are saying it's at your job, talk to the IT people there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-laptop-to-wifi-it-s-asking-for-pin-code.1016431/
Relevancy 102.77%

Hello nbsp My laptop has recently had the issue of not being able to connect to a wireless point nbsp The issue nbsp When I boot my laptop everything works fine for about a minute then my laptop tells me that the current access point is connected but has no internet after about another minute it doesn't detect any wireless points and wifi to Laptop connect to unable the whole system crashes Laptop unable to connect to wifi nbsp What Laptop unable to connect to wifi I've tried nbsp Waiting for my laptop to respond - It only responded once which I rebooted and the problem still persists Refreshing nbsp my laptop - The problem still persists Tethering my phone to my laptop - this works fine and I'm able to get consistent connections my laptop also doesn't drop out from the access pointsRan a wireless troubleshoot - Which helped somewhat error code at the foot of this post Updating my drivers - Problem still persitsWhat do you advise me to do nbsp Error message from network diagnostics nbsp The Broadcom BCM bgn Wi-Fi Adapter adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problemsThe Broadcom BCM bgn Wi-Fi Adapter adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems Not fixed Not Fixed The wireless network adapter is experiencing problems Failed A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be brokenA network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken Not fixed Not Fixed Plug an Ethernet cable into this computer Failed Issues found Detection details The Broadcom BCM bgn Wi-Fi Adapter adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems Not fixed Not Fixed The wireless network adapter is experiencing problems Failed Contact your administrator to resolve driver or hardware issues InformationalNetwork Diagnostics Log File Name B CDD-E CB- F- D -A Repair etl A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken Not fixed Not Fixed

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Laptop-unable-to-connect-to-wifi/td-p/5809325
Relevancy 102.77%

For some reason my windows Hp will not connect to my home wifi network Has had no problem connecting in the past but yesterday I unplugged my router to move it to another part of wifi. to 8 laptop won't connect Windows my house and ever since then it can't connect My cell phone and other laptop connect to the Windows 8 laptop won't connect to wifi. internet no problem On my Hp it Windows 8 laptop won't connect to wifi. will show a list of wifi networks and my home network is on the list however when I try to connect to it and then troubleshoot the problem it says I can't connect to the network because it is hidden I don't see how thats possible since the network name shows up on the list of nearby wifi networks What I've done but hasn't worked Reset my router and laptop multiple times Tried to manually connect to network Forgot the network on my laptop and tried to reconnect I don't understand how one day it can connect to the wifi fine and then I unplug it and all of a sudden it can't connect but my other devices can Please help me this is very frustrating and I couldn't find a specific answer anywhere else online

A:Windows 8 laptop won't connect to wifi.

Networks are not my thing but have you tried setting up a connection manually?

Unable to connect to hidden wireless network.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/49568-windows-8-laptop-wont-connect-wifi.html
Relevancy 102.77%

Hello my friend has a laptop that will not connect or show any wireless networks. The wireless Icon in the toolbar just has an red x over it. He says he has tried to re install drivers from the manufacturer website but it did not help. I am not sure if he needs to uninstall the ones he has on his laptop at the moment before installing the newer ones or not cause I am sure he did not uninstall them the first time he tried to install new drivers. We attempted to trouble shoot with the windows internal troubleshooting tool for networks but was greeted with the message in the link below. What else should he try.

A:Laptop wont connect to wifi

Is the adapter turned on from the keyboard? does it connect using Ethernet?
Post snip of Device Manager with Network Adapters expanded.
Also a snip of Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections.

This is the preferred, best way to upload an image or a file to a post.

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Press the ALT and PrntScrn keys at the same time, this will capture only the active window to use in Paint or your preferred graphics editor.

You may also upload a photo or image you already have on your PC, as you would a file, without using the Snipping tool.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/333751-laptop-wont-connect-wifi.html
Relevancy 102.77%

Hi all My Dell laptop is running Windows A few days ago I noticed it was not connected connect laptop will not wifi to - possible infection to my possible infection - laptop will not connect to wifi home wifi The wifi card detects all of the local networks including my home router but when I click to get it to connect I eventually get the error Can't possible infection - laptop will not connect to wifi connect to this network Connection through an ethernet cable works The reason I suspect an possible infection - laptop will not connect to wifi infection is that my first instinct - to run Malwarebytes was blocked until I did a clean install of the program Two objects were detected and removed I then tried a system restore which eventually told me was unsuccessful I booted to safemode with command prompt and did the system restore successfully However the connectivity problem persists Here's the MWB log Malwarebytes Anti-Malwarewww malwarebytes org Scan Date Scan Time PM Logfile Administrator Yes Version Malware Database v Rootkit Database v License Free Malware Protection Disabled Malicious Website Protection Disabled Self-protection Disabled OS Windows CPU x File System NTFS User Steve Scan Type Threat Scan Result Completed Objects Scanned Time Elapsed min sec Memory Enabled Startup Enabled Filesystem Enabled Archives Enabled Rootkits Enabled Heuristics Enabled PUP Enabled PUM Enabled Processes No malicious items detected Modules No malicious items detected Registry Keys PUP Optional Iminent HKLM SOFTWARE WOW NODE CLASSES CLSID E - - BE - -AA DFB D a b fa c f c ff ae PUP Optional Iminent HKLM SOFTWARE CLASSES WOW NODE CLSID E - - BE - -AA DFB D a b fa c f c ff ae Registry Values No malicious items detected Registry Data No malicious items detected Folders No malicious items detected Files No malicious items detected Physical Sectors No malicious items detected end Looking forward to your advice

A:possible infection - laptop will not connect to wifi

G'day sfg5007, and Welcome to BC.

Please run these for me:   If you have any dificulties, please let me know.  You can download these scans to a thumb drive and then load them to your sick computer

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
    Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
    Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator
    Click on the Scan button.
    AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
    When it's done you'll see: Pending: Please uncheck elements you don't want removed.
    Now click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
    Look over the log especially under Files/Folders for any program you want to save.
    If there's a program you may want to save, just uncheck it from AdwCleaners list
    If you're not sure, post the log for review. (all items found are usually  adware/spyware/foistware)
    If you're ready to clean it all up.....click the Clean button.
    After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
    Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
    A copy of that logfile will also be saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder.
    Items that are deleted are moved to the Quarantine Folder: C:\AdwCleaner\Quarantine
    NOTE - To restore an item that has been deleted by accident:
    Go to Tools > Quarantine Manager > check what you want restored > now click on Restore.
To fully empty the Quarantine Manager, re-open Adwarecleaner and hit the Uninstall button, and reboot..
The program can be reinstalled later with the Updated Data base included

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/600813/possible-infection-laptop-will-not-connect-to-wifi/
Relevancy 102.77%

My laptop automatically started installing some new windows 10 updates, straight after I wanted to use mt laptop but it won't connect to wifi! Has anyone else had this problem? How do I fix it?

A:Laptop won't connect to wifi after updates!!

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question My laptop automatically started installing some new windows 10 updates, straight after I wanted to use mt laptop but it won't connect to wifi! Has anyone else had this problem? How do I fix it? try to restart your laptop and check
Disconnected or remove the network and add it back
Check that wifi driver is okay - check in device manager
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434083-laptop-wont-connect-wifi-after-updates.html
Relevancy 102.77%

Hi, I have a Toshiba Satellite L500 laptop that at home works great.

The problem starts when I go to other locations that i want to connect to. It won't connect and has been like this since I bought the laptop!

Without fail it will NOT connect.

Tonite, I plugged in my Mom's new Router, when I tried to login to the router - nothing. In Wireless connections available it says automatically store p/w and Connect.. when I click on connect it doesn;t even ask me for a password!

Change Adapter settings: Network connections (two of them) say not connected)

Anyone be able to help?

I have removed from Dev Manager the 3 network items listed and restarted the Laptop, Still no go!

Relevancy 102.77%

Help.

My laptop will not connect to the internet. It is saying Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage. When I click Diagnose Connection Problems it states:

Contact the company that provides you Windows XP Product Support. You can also use another computer to visit online support services on the Microsoft website: http://support.microsoft.com/winxp.

Has anyone had this problem? Can you advise on how to correct? Thanks!

Relevancy 102.77%

I just bought a HP Pavilion dv - nr notebook and wifi connect Brand not laptop will new to it has vista I have verizon dsl at home and that works perfectly fine internet works wirlessly I try to connect my laptop to the wifi i have at work and i get a message saying that Brand new laptop will not connect to wifi windows authentification has timed out I have a bunch of friends there who bring there laptops in and Brand new laptop will not connect to wifi they connect without a problem I also had the router turned off and turned back on and still no change One last thing everyonce in a while the little cpu screen in Brand new laptop will not connect to wifi the lower right hand side will go from having a red circle on it to flashing the bars as if its connected and then it just stops And also the internet light on the laptop is lit and is blue heres the Windows-Diagnostics-Networking Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Networking Date PM Event ID Task Category Level Information Keywords User LOCAL SERVICE Computer BadBoy-PC Description Helper Class L Sec Helper Class Event For complete information about this session see the Wireless Diagnostic Informational Event Helper Class Layer Security Initialize Status Success Result of diagnosis Problem found Root cause Windows cannot connect to quot CrownAcura quot Wireless authentication failed because of a timeout Detailed root cause Layer security key exchange did not generate multicast keys before timeout Repair option View available wireless networks You can then try connecting to quot CrownAcura quot again or try connecting to a different network If you own or set up this network reset your wireless router or access point and try connecting again Information for connection being diagnosed Interface GUID b ce-cd - dd - c - e bc Interface name Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Interface type Native WiFi Profile Discovery connection SSID CrownAcura SSID length Connection mode Infra Security enabled Yes Connection ID Security settings provided by hardware manufacturer IHV No Profile matches network requirements Yes Pre-Association and association status Success Security and Authentication Configured security type Wireless Protected Access with pre-shared keys WPA-PSK Configured Encryption type TKIP Security connect status Fail x Number of security packets received Number of security packets sent X protocol No Key exchange initiated Yes Unicast keys received Yes Multicast keys received No Event Verbosity Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Networking quot Guid quot c e - e - d -bbeb- quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation ActivityID quot BD - D - C - EF - A AB quot gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt BadBoy-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot HelperClassName quot gt L Sec Helper Class lt Data gt lt Data Name quot EventDescription quot gt For complete information about this session see the Wireless Diagnostic Informational Event Helper Class Layer Security Initialize Status Success Result of diagnosis Problem found Root cause Windows cannot connect to quot CrownAcura quot Wireless authentication failed because of a timeout Detailed root cause Layer security key exchange did not generate multicast keys before timeout Repair option View available wireless networks You can then try connecting to quot CrownAcura quot again or try connecting to a different network If you own or set up this network reset your wireless router or access point and try connecting again Information for connection being diagnosed In... Read more

A:Brand new laptop will not connect to wifi

From what I can tell at first look at the errors you are getting, it appears that it may be a security issue. The router you're trying to connect to has a WPA key associated with it. Make sure that when you try to connect, you are using the correct type of WPA and using TKIP as the encryption type. If you're not sure what type of WPA it is using, you can have them (assuming at least one of them is running vista as well) go to the network and sharing center, click on view status next to the network, then click on wireless properties, followed by the security tab and it will show it to you right there. Also make sure you are typing in the WPA key correctly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/brand-new-laptop-will-not-connect-to-wifi.781346/
Relevancy 102.77%

My laptop does not identify my home wifi... while my phone, Ipad and work laptop all identify and connect. it identifies very rarely and this started about a few weeks ago..

this same laptop identifies other wifis but not my home WIFI... even while I am next to it.. it connects very easily when I connect a ethernet cable...

what could be wrong.. please help

Shantanu

A:Why wont my laptop connect to my WIFI

Specs on your laptop would be a big help.
Other than that, is there a switch you need to turn/switch on?
How old is this laptop?
Give more info so we don't have to play 20 questions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-wont-my-laptop-connect-to-my-wifi.202025/
Relevancy 102.77%

Hi everyone,

I was helped here last time very thoroughly, and now I'm back.

I realize this is a pretty minor issue, or it seems like, but i've tried everything, resetting my connection from router to connect to wifi (yes all the buttons are enabled on side of laptop for wifi to be on)

I'm not quite sure what happened, and w/o wifi my laptop is literally useless.

I've tried everything that I know to do to fix it, when I hit "repair" option by right clicking the connection where it normally connects in bottom right, it just gets stuck on "renewing your IP address" but it reads that it's connected to everything, but without any internet function.

PC Specs

Dell latitude e6500
The system specs are:
Windows XP Ver 2002 SP3

Intel Core 2 duo cpu
[email protected]
2.24GHz 1.98GB RAM

A:Laptop won't let me connect to wifi anymore

Go over to your Modem and Wireless Router or if a combo device, and unplug them for 15 seconds and then plug them in. While waiting for all of the lights to come back on the router and modem, restart your computer.
Go to Start/Run and type ncpa.cpl and press enter. In the Network Connections, you should see the Local Area Connection, and your WiFi connection. Right click it, and it is is disabled, Enable it. Then click Connect. You should see available wireless networks in the taskbar by the clock.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-wont-let-me-connect-to-wifi-anymore-918066.html
Relevancy 102.77%

my laptop wont coonect to our wifi it ask for the security key..i try to reset the laptop and wifi still the same it wont connect to the wifi

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/laptop-wont-connect-to-our-wifi/td-p/5701560
Relevancy 102.77%

Dear all,

I have an odd issue with my laptop since upgrading to Windows 10. The first time I boot I cannot connect to my home Wifi, however when I reboot I can. It is always the same every time I switch it on in that it will only connect on the second boot.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Rob

A:Laptop has to be rebooted to connect to Wifi

Have you tried reinstalling the driver?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/22416-laptop-has-rebooted-connect-wifi.html
Relevancy 102.77%

Hi all,
I have an old pc running win xp, and doesnot access wifi. Is there a way to connect this pc to internet through home wifi, laptop or tablet?
Thanks in advance

A:connect my old pc to wifi using tablet or laptop

You need a wireless Adapter or a crossover cable

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517957/connect-my-old-pc-to-wifi-using-tablet-or-laptop/
Relevancy 102.77%

Alright so I have a Dell xps running windows On my school s campus there are two wifi options One is secure with a login the other is unsecured but with a Web login Normally I connect to the secure one and have no problem However in one building I ve encountered issues connecting My computer will pick up the signal for both options and says there is strong signal then try to connect to the secure one It will say quot connection is taking longer than usual quot and then fail to connect then say no networks available I tried resetting the network adapters and it picks up the signal again for a moment try to connect and then same problem again I can see other people in the room connected to certain to wifi won't connect in building Laptop the Internet with no issue My phone also connects with no problems and has full signal I have no idea why my computer won t connect Anyone have any advice nbsp

Relevancy 102.77%

My dell laptop won't connect to any site or app needing internet (internet explorer, netflix, the app store...) but I'm connected to wifi and the wifi works on all my other devices. Please help!

Relevancy 102.77%

Hello I can't seem to connect a laptop to the wifi network. Windows xp service pack 3 I have other devices connected on the network and I am able to connect onto other networks with this laptop.I have tried to enable and disable radio and to connect without security enabled and it still doesn't work. I have checked intel's site and it says I have the latest driver for my adapter.
Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : mccloske-4bc923

Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :

Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid

IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-16-6F-4B-66-78

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-14-22-D9-D6-C8

A:can't connect laptop to wifi network

Often with that adapter you need the driver from the laptop manufacturer's web site.

I think that adapter is not compatible with WPA2. Try with no encryption and if that works then try WPA-PSK.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-laptop-to-wifi-network.1094763/
Relevancy 102.77%

I have been trying to connect to the internet on my laptop via Wi fi when travelling abroad. This can be in hotels or anywhere where Wi fi is offered. My laptop connects easily to Wi fi away from my home when I am in the UK but will not make a connection when abroad. I have tried searching for available b/band signals but none appear. If a code or password from the hotel is required and supplied, still no connection can be made. This seems to have happened since I have upgraded to W10 but may be just a coincidence.
My wife's laptop using W7 connects easily every time.
Can anyone please advise what settings I need, if in fact this is the correct action and advise how this is should be done? Many thanks.

A:How do I connect to wifi with my laptop when abroad?

Welcome to the forum. Can you connect outside your network when at home ie any hotspots

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-10-a/126776-how-do-i-connect-wifi-my-laptop-when-abroad.html
Relevancy 102.77%

I have to wifi will only locally HELP! connect Laptop tried everything google as HELP! Laptop will only connect locally to wifi suggested for my problem I have a toshiba satellite L D HELP! Laptop will only connect locally to wifi which I believe had a virus I went to Best Buy and bought a WipeDrive CD and cleaned it out completely except for Windows Vista and important programs I needed to keep I went to connect to the wireless internet and it comes up quot Unidentified Network- Local Only quot then I repair and it says quot There might be a problem with one or more network adapters on this computer quot I reset my network unplugged everything still local I clicked quot Automatically get a new IP quot and that does nothing either My IP is coming up XXXXX which I know is not a quot real quot IP address I already did ipconfig renew release all I made sure the Local Area Connection was set to quot Automatically get IP quot everything I found on google as a solution I have tried Please help nbsp