Windows Support Forum

Lost MyComputer properties and Add/Remove Programs

Q: Lost MyComputer properties and Add/Remove Programs

Hello,
I am confused about my computer's recent behavior. While teaching my students about how to locate information on their O/S, installed processor, memory, etc., I navigated to the MyComputer icon on the Windows XP desktop, right-clicked, and then clicked on Properties. This had worked for me in the past, but now nothing happens when I click there. Similarly, when I use the Start key, then Control Panel, Performance and Maintenance, then System (which I think goes the same place) also nothing. Also the control panel selection for adding and deleting programs no longer works. Is this a symptom of an infection? What are my next steps?
Thanks, it seems like you folks are real experts in these issues.

Charlie Jackson,
MUCG IT Lecturer, Ghana

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Lost MyComputer properties and Add/Remove Programs

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 69.23%

http://picasaweb.google.com/uligamu/Majeed...745360627750258http://picasaweb.google.com/uligamu/Majeed...745359492972642Recently my computer got infected with a fake antivirus called XP Antivirus 2008. With instructions I found on this site it seems as if I have removed this program but now I am having more problems like tabs missing from the display properties and not being able to remove programs from Add or Remove Programs. I have other problems like new programs that I havent installed showing up in the Add or Remove Programs (especially some softwares of MS office package in different languages).I have run AVG Anti-Spyware and AVG 8.0 and I have found a lot of viruses in Internet Explorer and have removed them but still the problems I have mentioned continue. So please help me find a solution.

A:Display Properties Tabs Missing & Cannot Remove Programs

Go to Start > Run type: cmdpress Ok.At the command prompt type: regsvr32 appwiz.cpl(Note there is a space between 32 and appwiz)Hit Enter.When finished, type: exitHit Enter and reboot your computer.If that does not help, then click on the link below:http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htmScroll down to #337 and click "Restore Change or Remove Programs" in the right column. Go to File, choose "Save page as" All Files and save noremovepage.reg to your desktop. Double-click on that file and choose "Yes" to merge it into the registry when prompted. Once you get a successful message delete the file and reboot.The above and below steps involve making changes in the registry. Always back up your registry before making any changes. If you are not familiar with working in the registry, then you should NOT attempt to make any changes on your own. Click on the link below:http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htmScroll down to #285 and click "Restore All Display Tabs" in the right column. Go to File, choose "Save page as" All Files and save restorealldisplaytabs.reg to your desktop. Double-click on that file and choose "Yes" to merge it into the registry when prompted. Once you get a successful message delete the file and reboot.You can also go here, and run a vbscript which can restore the missing display tabs. Scroll down to "Attachments" and click on -> showalldisplaytabs-xp.vbs. If you have trouble finding it, click this link to download the file directly and save to your desktop. Double-click on showalldisplaytabs-xp.vbs to allow the script to run. Since the script modifies certain registry settings you may receive an alert from your anti-virus or any script blocking program. Ignore the warning and allow it to continue.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/154161/display-properties-tabs-missing-cannot-remove-programs/
Relevancy 63.64%

How do I remove the phone bluetooth icon from Computer > Other? I used to use TweakUI for that on XP but it does not work on 7. Any other program I could use for that? All help is welcome!

A:Remove device showing in MyComputer

Go to disk management and remove its drive letter.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/108821-remove-device-showing-mycomputer.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I don't know what I did this time but when I went to the Control Panel and looked for the add/remove programs to see what was there it was gone from the menu. I did download the Askjeeves
toolbar but i wouldn't think that this would do it. Do I need to do a system restore from thias ,orning to gweo rid of something??

A:lost add/remove programs

Let's start with the simple stuff.

If you are using XP, why not try downloading TweakUI and looking under Control Panel to be sure something hasn't just hidden the applet.

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...a6-b352-839afb2a2679/TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe

If not XP, what OS?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-add-remove-programs.192532/
Relevancy 53.32%

From days it was ok but something has happened to my AVI files after that i mean when i right click any AVI files select properties and click the summary tab it simply shows Summary properties are unavailable for the selected source s instead of the usual details about resolution bit rate codec etc in the advanced view that is quot summary properties are unavailable for the selected source s quot The tab works fine for all other file types but not with AVI i have not moved any files ha me on xp sp amp done some windows update and useing k-lite codec pack I have removed all updates uninstall k-lite and divx tab .AVI on properties Summary Lost too restarted but still same prob Note - i know about this - avicodec duby info dont say to use this az app like MediaInfo is already there in k-lite amp the main prob is about right click properties info plz any one help in this Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

i have asked everywhere but still ..... now this site is my last hope.. plzz help

From 3/4 days it was ok, but something has happened to my AVI files after that ,i mean when i right click any .AVI files, select properties and click the summary tab it simply shows Summary properties are unavailable for the selected source(s) instead of the usual details about resolution, bit rate, codec etc. (in the advanced view that is)

"summary properties are unavailable for the selected source (s)"

The tab works fine for all other file types but not with AVI.
i have not moved any files ha..me on xp sp3 & done some windows update
and useing k-lite codec pack 5.4.0

I have removed all updates,uninstall k-lite and divx too...restarted but still same prob....

plz any one help in this

A:I Lost Summary tab on .AVI properties

P.S
i know about this
Code:
avicodec.duby.info/
... dont say to use this az app like MediaInfo is already there in k-lite.....& the main prob is about right click properties info

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-lost-summary-tab-on-avi-properties-433927.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I've lost the ability to right click on my desktop and bring up "display properties". Does anyone know where to find this utility in XP? I'm not quite sure how I lost it, but I'd like to get it back ! Thanks...........

Relevancy 52.89%

My picture files are in C Users username My Pictures I want to move them to my D drive I know that this should be done via the quot Location quot tab in quot My Pictures Properties quot Unfortunately this quot Location quot tab is missing the existing tabs are quot General Security Previous Versions Customize My Properties Pictures Location tab lost in quot For comparison the quot Location quot tab does exist in other the user folders e g also in quot Public Pictures Properties quot I have studied amp tried Brink's tutorials on Changing and Restoring User Folders' Location tab lost in My Pictures Properties Default Location implementing his quot Restore Default My Pictures Location reg quot file Even after several - restarts the quot Location quot tab won't show up When I right-click the quot Pictures quot button in the Start Menu and choose quot Properties- gt Restore Defaults quot I am offered quot Public Pictures C Users Public quot in Library Locations This doesn't seem right to me I badly want to get the quot Location quot tab back for quot My Pictures Properties quot so it works like the other user Location tab lost in My Pictures Properties folders but I don't know how Pls help me Cheers Uffe

A:Location tab lost in My Pictures Properties

I'm not sure about the location tab, but have you tried moving them using this context menu add on Context Menu - Add Copy To Folder and Move To Folder[2]=Context Menu, I use this everyday to move stuff around. You can choose exactly where you want to put them with these.
Or even the "send to" menu.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/74777-location-tab-lost-my-pictures-properties.html
Relevancy 52.89%

When I now drag an icon to the desk top, I no longe have the web document tab, so can't make a new icon picture. I have Windows 7 and IE 9 on my computer. I tried the webdoctab.reg fix, but it says that is was not written successfully to the registry.
Wonder what else I can do to get the web document tab to come back.
Thanks,

A:lost the web document tab in icon properties

you didn't specify what you are doing, but just dragging an icon shortcut from your computer (ex) program, or file, will not give you the Web Document tab. This is only if you drag a hyperlink from a web page to your desktop, because that would be a WEB document.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/lost-the-web-document-tab-in-icon-properties-601162.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a properties my desktop & lost control blue screen and when I go to the desktop properties the tab for background is missing- Here s my HJT list- Any help thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes lost my desktop control & properties C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system lost my desktop control & properties winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C PVSW Bin W DBSMGR EXE C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C UPS WSTD MSSQL UPSWSDBSERVER Binn sqlservr exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Documents and Settings Rich Gulden Desktop Comp Control Optimizers HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO CodecPlugin Class - A - - CBE-BD -B A - C WINDOWS system RichVideoCodec dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe O - Global Startup Pervasive SQL Workgroup Engine lnk C PVSW Bin W DBSMGR EXE O - Extra context menu item amp ieSpell Options - res C Program Files ieSpell iespell dll SPELLOPTION HTM O - Extra context menu item Check amp Spelling - res C Program Files ieSpell iespell dll SPELLCHECK HTM O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Lookup on Merriam Webster - file C Program Files ieSpell Merriam Webster HTM O - Extra context menu item Lookup on Wikipedia - file C Program Files ieSpell wikipedia HTM O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button ieSpell - E D B - F D- fee- DF -CA EE B A - C Program Files ieSpell iespell dll O - Extra Tools menuitem ieSpell - E D B - F D- fee- DF -CA EE B A - C Program Files ieSpell iespell dll O - Extra button no name - D F - D B- aea-A -ED B FD E - C Program Files ieSpell iespell dll O - Extra Tools menuitem ieSpell Options - D F - D B- aea-A -ED B FD E - C Program Files ieSpell iespell dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-my-desktop-control-properties.739300/
Relevancy 52.89%

Something has happened, in my sound and audio devices,under sound tab, several sound icons are missing ????? there are 8 or so icons still there, that seem to work. I noticed this the other day, when my email did not talk to me,,, went to this tab,, and there was no email icon to choose. Set at Windows default,,,, this did mis-behave for a while,,, somehow the email ntify would be set to no sound, I would have to reset it, now email icon is gone ???

I am thinking this is a Windows thing, not a sound card/driver thing. Is there any way to restore the Sound properties, from the WinXP cd or download ????

A:Lost items in sound properties

It seems you're missing some registry keys for the sound events.

Go to Start / Run / type regedit

Look under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\EventLables if any of the keys on the screenshot are missing. You might have to import the reg files from another computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-items-in-sound-properties.805110/
Relevancy 52.03%

I had a version of the Fraud.c virus, and have removed it, but in the process deleted some contaminated files that I probably needed. I don't know which ones, but now I have lost three of the five tabs in my Display Properties menu box. Can I fix this wthout a repair reinstall? I still have my screensavers and wallpapers, even my themes, its just that I can't access them through the Display Properties menu box.

Relevancy 51.6%

Quite often when copying an EXE file to thumb drive I get this alert

What does it mean. I have not had any install problems so far.

Thank you

A:Lost EXE file properties while copying to a thumb drive

Every file has properties attached to it. Basically , it's information about the file, like this:

In the case of the EXE file above, there isn't much to worry about if they are lost when they are copied. The only time that properties really cause a problem is when you lose the information from photographs and documents. The information may be used by other programs to load information, or to show information about the file.

Basically, Windows is just telling you that the properties will not be copied with the file, and it's checking to see if it's OK with you if they get lost in the copy. It isn't usually a cause for concern.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/321367-lost-exe-file-properties-while-copying-thumb-drive.html
Relevancy 51.6%

CD amp DVD drives don t have recording tabs Help OK here s what is going XP, CD's drives tabs can't 'Properties' lost anymore! DVD & burn in CD on Several weeks ago don t remember exactly when mid or late January I was fooling around amp installed some programs so I could convert songs from my phone to a format my computer could read Didn t work I uninstalled it Then a bit later I downloaded a program to ID music by playing it over speaker into the microphone to id a song Uninstalled it too I know one of these programs again don t remember told me to change my default record media from the drive to I think a virtual CD & DVD drives lost 'Properties' tabs in XP, can't burn CD's anymore! drive Anyway I think this is what has caused my problem which is I can no longer get CD-R s to burn I have a Dell DImension with Windows XP and when I try to use Media Player to burn songs CD & DVD drives lost 'Properties' tabs in XP, can't burn CD's anymore! to a CD it looks as if it is going thru the process but doesn t do it XP and media player recognize the drives and I can play CD s or DVD s just can t get the computer to remember that yes these drives are capable of recording Also when I put a blank CD-R into either drive they show under properties to be full and have CD & DVD drives lost 'Properties' tabs in XP, can't burn CD's anymore! no space left on them even though they are new When I go to properties on both drives there is no recording tab so I cannot enable recording I have Googled around and here is what I have tried to do to fix it I used the Microsoft site s suggestion to edit the registry and change the drive values from to or No help I made sure the IMAPI value in Admin Services was on automatic and I force started it No help I went back to the registry and deleted the high filters and low filters in the registry file related to the drives No help I uninstalled the drives in device manager logged off and logged on to reinstall but they already had No help I uninstalled the drives and immediately went to new hardware wizard It found them and installed them No help I reinstalled Nero my burning software No help I went back to Microsoft s site and used the automatic Fix It wizard but it said both drives were not capable of recording bogus since I ve burned I don t know how many CD s since I got this computer in mid I probably forgot some stuff since I have been at this all afternoon and evening but I m really frustrated Both drives were working great forever so I guess when I installed those programs I mentioned earlier it jacked up something I don t think I ve tried to burn any CD s since I got rid of both of those programs up until today when I discovered the problem Thing is I CAN T remember which program had me change the record or burn to feature I think it changed it from the E and D drive to something else but don t remember where or how Yeah I know it was stupid to not write it down and yeah I regret screwing with either program But I d really like some help here if anyone can I appreciate it nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-dvd-drives-lost-properties-tabs-in-xp-cant-burn-cds-anymore.144176/
Relevancy 51.6%

Not sure why but when I got a windows update earlier in the week, when my laptop rebooted, all my icons had disappeared. I checked up and the icons size etc and made sure it was switched on (icon display) but nothing seems wrong. This happened on my desktop and in file explorer as well. I then thought about changing the theme to switch the icons but I can't find nor access theme chooser. Then tried to see if I could do it manually via properties but that doesn't work either! I'm at a loss to know whats gone wrong. I thought it might be related to the upgrade but uninstalled it and it remained the same. On my desktop all that is there are the names of the files/progs/ etc are there just no icon.
Help!

A:Lost icons and can't access theme change or properties!!

Hi Welcome to Windows Central! Sounds like you might need to do a in-place repair or refresh-reset. Maybe go in to Advanced Startup and try to restore to a earlier time. I'll be logging on and off all day. If you have questions I'll try to help you.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/445186-lost-icons-cant-access-theme-change-properties.html
Relevancy 50.74%

As the tittle says,I want to remove the properties feature because the feature isn't something I want to install.

Perhaps is caused by rootkit,however my ESET doesn't detect anything.

Look at screen-shot below,the properties option that I highlighted is what I want to remove,but I dunno the way to remove properties option.

Please tell me the location where the properties feature located then I want to remove it as soon as possible.

P.S : Please don't advice I try other AV because I just want to remove the option manually.

A:How to remove the properties options

Hi Dark,

From your screenshot it looks like you are right-clicking a .exe? If so I might have a solution.

Run "regedit" (Start>search for "regedit"), then expand "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT". Scroll down to a folder named "exefile" and expand it then expand the folder named "shell". Hopefully that Chinese lettered option will be there. If it is, try to delete it and see if that solves your problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/229055-how-remove-properties-options.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Well,I'm looking for a way remove these options from my properties list
I want to remove the option where I highlighted,maybe there have some registry to clean up,please show me the way to remove these options
Here you go :

A:Is that possible to remove the properties options ?

Have a look here for the winamp entries.

For the OneNote, see if you have this registry entry and remove it

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\OneNote.Open

For ACDsee

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\Browse with ACDSee

For the Asian characters? See if there are shell entries that match?

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\(The asian characters)

Always a good idea to back up registry first

Registry - Backup and Restore

BTW, those are Context Menu entries

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/211234-possible-remove-properties-options.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I need to remove the ability of user's being able to play with display properties. Any help would be great. If they can only see the properties but not change them that's fine. Anything that works, right!?

A:Remove display properties from W2K...

You can use group Policy to take care of that. go to your run line and type in "gpedit.msc" you should be able to take it from there. If you have quesiton drop me a line.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remove-display-properties-from-w2k.47155/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

I have a number of programs that I want to get off my computer. None of them have an uninstall option. Some say to go to add/remove programs to remove them. However, none of them are listed in add/remove programs. How do I get them off my computer? Thanks.

A:How Do I Remove Programs If They Aren't Listed In Add/Remove Programs?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-remove-programs-if-they-arent-listed-in-add-remove-programs.235372/
Relevancy 50.74%

I tried to remove a program from the 'add remove program' in xp. I now can't locate any files from the program in my computer but it still exists in the 'add remove program' part and I can't reinstall the program because it says that the program already exists!! HELP

A:deleting hard to remove programs from the 'add remove programs'

Are you able to do a system restore to before you installed the program?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/deleting-hard-to-remove-programs-from-the-add-remove-programs-302570.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I used to be able to remove the properties from files such as Photos, Music etc just by right clicking the file > properties > details > remove properties and personal informationbut now I seem to always be getting this message pop up saying"Not All Personal Properties Were Cleared.Windows was unable to remove properties from the selected files.Before sharing these files, you should review them for unwantedpersonal information."I have been removing information from files manually for months now and I was wondering if there was a fix to this?Maybe something to do with not having permission or something?Any help is appreciated!Thanks

A:Remove Properties & Personal Information

Hi,I wonder if this is the problem?If you added properties using a program other than Windows, you should remove those properties using that program. The Remove Properties dialog box removes properties that were added using Windows, but it might not be able to remove all properties added by some programs.http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/View-the-properties-for-a-file

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/434929/remove-properties-personal-information/
Relevancy 50.31%

My original post was on someone else's thread so I started one that deals with my problem only Here is the link if you want to review what has already occurred http www techsupportforum com show hlight nitwit Can't programs. access to or attention!!!) needs Properties some (Back XP...still I am having several problems If I right Can't access Properties or some programs. (Back to XP...still needs attention!!!) click on a blank spot on the screen select PROPERTIES I don't get a list of properties Instead it opens up Firefox A box at the bottom says opening rundll exe which is a Application from C WINDOWS Can't access Properties or some programs. (Back to XP...still needs attention!!!) system I have downloaded Ad-Aware SE Personal Edition VX Add-on Cleaner Spybot Search amp Destroy CWShredder and Hijackthis by using the quot Save to Disk quot feature It gave me icons Can't access Properties or some programs. (Back to XP...still needs attention!!!) on my desktop Don't know how to have them check for updates without running them Rebooted tapping F key Did not get quot Safe Mode quot option Got a list of my hard drives and optical drives and asking did I want to use CD copies Chose the G hard drive which is my C-drive Booted up with quite a few Firefox panels opened Also had this message You have chosen to open quot mssysmgr exe quot which is a Application from C PROGRA Ahead NEROPH data xtras FlashGot has a circle with a dot inside it Below that is quot Save to Disk quot If I select okay for Flashgot I get an error message saying quot Doesn't include valid URL s Think I was able to run CWShredder but couldn't run Ad-Aware or Spybot Search amp Destroy as I get the same message as just described about the URL s I have run the Registry Mechanic Also updated ZoneAlarm Made the mistake or using 'Clean Install' on ZoneAlarm instead of keeping set preferences I can't open the Add Remove file I get the message about invalid URL s My daughter tells me Limewire and AIM are no longer working No big deal for me My computer has been shutting down on its own When turning computer back on I have a message quot TURN OFF SPEED KING quot Where this message shows is on a screen where a user would select their name if the computer was set up with more than one user Always before my computer loaded right to my desktop This message does not happen when I tap the F key No idea what this is about I fear I am in way over my head As stated previously I have limited computer knowledge I have been using CounterSpy for a week or two It runs at a m daily It is my understanding that it makes a 'safe start' point before it scans Isn't there a way to start my computer from a known safe point in time I may try to get up at a m so that I can let CounterSpy run Can't hurt I don't understand how FlashGot has entered into the picture I had downloaded it so that I could download OpenOffice org Guess I should have uninstalled it once OpenOffice was installed It is quite possible I made a change without realizing what I did That is what happened with an earlier problem I had somehow changed Rich Text Format properties so that it was opening with Firefox instead of WordPad Everytime I open my browser Mozilla FireFox I get this message You have chosen to open firefox exe which is a Application from C Program Files Mozilla Firefox What should Firefox do with this file Thanks for any help you can give P S My grandson was on the computer Friday afternoon Lord knows what he might have done He's and is only interested in finding games to play I am tempted to not let anyone else use my computer once I get this straightened out I'm too old to handle all this STRESS

A:Can't access Properties or some programs. (Back to XP...still needs attention!!!)

Seems like you have quite a few issues going on at the moment.

Please try this registry fix which should hopefully clear the URL errors you're getting. Then try this one which can hopefully sort out the application errors.

As for the rest, there is a chance that you may have picked up some infections from limewire or even through AIM. Therefore, i'd recommend reading through this link which advises on steps to take before posting a HiJack This log file here.

Post back if you have any questions :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-access-properties-or-some-programs-back-to-xp-still-needs-attention-118464.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Good day peeps,

I have a question for the masses.

I am deploying 12 computers out into the field for use in a semi-public environment. These computers are on our domain, have their own OU and blocked inheritance is on. I have been able to lock almost everything down using GPO and Registry hacking except the removal of the properties menu from the right click context menu and/or the shortcut tab in the properties context menu.

I have scoured the web looking for this solution, and I have seen a lot of postings of this issue but no one has been able to give a solution.

Current Locked down list(using GPO and Registry):
Removed open file location on start menu and properties context menu
Removed shortcut context menu
Removed new context menu
Removed send to context menu

I was wondering if anybody would know the registry key for either?

A:How to remove properties from context menu and/or shortcut tab?

There is this:

Properties - Add or Remove from Computer Context Menu

But that is just from the computer context menu....

This should help you pinpoint the key:

Context Menu Editors: Add, Remove, Edit Windows Context Menu items

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/326627-how-remove-properties-context-menu-shortcut-tab.html
Relevancy 49.88%

iv been searching for how many hour, editing registries but no luck how to remove the desktop shortcut icon properties,i already remove the properties in desktop but when you click the shortcut and right-click the properties is still there

A:How to Remove Desktop Shortcut Icon Properties

Hello and welcome Gabriel mate can I just ask what you are trying to do?? For example make them larger, smaller or simply just an icon name??
In Properties as you can see you can change them for one of your choice etc but first why??

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/398240-how-remove-desktop-shortcut-icon-properties.html
Relevancy 49.88%

This is the deal, my daughter at the know it all age of eleven wanted to set a background of her and a friend. She went to desktop properties and the desktop tab and selected browse and proceeded to open a ton of pictures until she found the one she wanted. Now in the list of backgrounds are hundreds of items, can I remove them from this list with out deleting the pictures from my PC? I went to C:\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper and the only ones listed are the defaults for windows. I don't know of any other places to look to remove them other then deleting them from pictures folder. It's not a big deal it's just one of those things that drives you crazy when you cant get r done.

A:Solved: Help to remove backgrounds from Desk Top Properties

Download this Reg file and run it.
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/wallpapermruclear.reg

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-to-remove-backgrounds-from-desk-top-properties.443332/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey everyone So I've been experiencing a lot of unwarranted crashing recently Let & on access open programs All properties can't crash computer me list out all the strange behavior before pasting the FRST log When I start up my machine once I reach the All programs crash on open & can't access computer properties desktop screen very quickly what looks like a command prompt pops All programs crash on open & can't access computer properties up is there for maybe a half a second then closes immediately When opening some programs now they crash immediately upon opening Programs that I've found to be crashing are Steam gaming client - opens till the point of downloading client updates then crashes Skype - I briefly get the windows thinking blue ring and then nothing happens Immediate crash Windows Media Player and VLC player - Both crash immediately after opening Quicktime and iTunes - I briefly get the windows thinking blue ring and then nothing happens Immediate crash Other programs work fine no problem like all my browsers I use chrome and firefox as well as some other programs like spotify and my drawing programs alias sketchbook pro Not sure if this is connected but I've found that I can't download anything from Dropbox onto this computer And when I say can't download I mean there isn't even an option to do so when I log into their web-based client I have noticed that the option to download is there VERY briefly when I first log in but disappears within seconds of being on the site I can download things just fine onto my Cintiq Companion iPad and work computer I'm not sure if not being able to download to my desktop is connected to any of this I've found is that if I right-click on my Computer icon and click on properties in the drop-down menu it crashes my windows explorer immediately A quick flash my desktop disappears then is all reappears a second later Still can't access the properties screen And those are all the things I've noticed so far I've been running Avira on my computer to make sure any surface level virus spyware and malware is cleaned It found a total of virus upon scanning and I've attached those report logs if your interested in seeing what it found With all that explained here's the FRST log If I can get you guys anything else please just let me know I'm eager to work with you to help get this resolved asap Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by BigToews administrator on PLUGTOTHEWORLD on - - Running from C Users BigToews Desktop Loaded Profiles BigToews Available profiles BigToews Platform Windows Professional Service Pack X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser FF Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe AMD C Windows System atiesrxx exe Alereon C Program Files x SAMSUNG Wireless Central Station AlUwbService exe AMD C Windows System atieclxx exe SMSC C Program Files SGFX sgfxmgr exe Wacom Technology Corp C Program Files Tablet Wacom WTabletServicePro exe Avira Operations GmbH amp Co KG C Program Files x Avira Antivirus sched exe Hewlett-Packard C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Odometer hpsysdrv exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe Apple Inc C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe Avira Operations GmbH amp Co KG C Program Files x Avira Antivirus avguard exe Apple Inc C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Spotify Ltd C Users BigToews AppData Roaming Spotify SpotifyWebHelper exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Remot... Read more

A:All programs crash on open & can't access computer properties

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===ATTENTION: System Restore is disabled.Important - Turn System Restore on or off - Windows Helphttp://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/turn-system-restore-on-off#1TC=windows-7===Remove the processes using the Add/Remove programs applet.DMUninstaller (HKLM-x32\...\DMUninstaller) (Version: - ) <==== ATTENTIONDownload Updater (AOL LLC) (HKLM-x32\...\SoftwareUpdUtility) (Version: - ) <==== ATTENTIONFunmoods on IE and Chrome (HKLM-x32\...\funmoods) (Version: - ) <==== ATTENTION===Open notepad (Start =>All Programs => Accessories => Notepad). Please copy the entire contents of the code box below.

start

CreateRestorePoint:
CloseProcesses:

HKU\S-1-5-21-4120417985-3311138565-2582081851-1000\...\Run: [AdobeBridge] => [X]
HKU\S-1-5-21-4120417985-3311138565-2582081851-1000\...\Run: [NextLive] => C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rundll32.exe ",EntryPoint -m l
CHR HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google: Policy restriction <======= ATTENTION
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Policy restriction <======= ATTENTION
HKU\S-1-5-21-4120417985-3311138565-2582081851-1000\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://start.funmoods.com/?f=1&a=ddrnw
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-4120417985-3311138565-2582081851-1000 -> DefaultScope {90B7F9EA-3B24-4673-8765-835D26CF83FF} URL = http://start.funmoods.com/results.php?f=4&a=ddrnw&q={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-4120417985-3311138565-2582081851-1000 -> {014DB5FA-EAFB-4592-A95B-F44D3EE87FA9} URL = http://search.conduit.com/Results.aspx?ctid=CT3324319&octid=EB_ORIGINAL_CTID&SearchSource=58&CUI=&UM=2&UP=SPB1CC768A-EF57-48B5-AA1D-5DB9B0F6BEC2&q={searchTerms}&SSPV=
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-4120417985-3311138565-2582081851-1000 -> {90B7F9EA-3B24-4673-8765-835D26CF83FF} URL = http://start.funmoods.com/results.php?f=4&a=ddrnw&q={searchTerms}
BHO-x32: Funmoods Helper Object -> {75EBB0AA-4214-4CB4-90EC-E3E07ECD04F7} -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Funmoods\funmoods\1.5.11.16\bh\funmoods.dll [2012-01-25] (Funmoods BHO)
Toolbar: HKLM-x32 - Funmoods Toolbar - {A4C272EC-ED9E-4ACE-A6F2-9558C7F29EF3} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Funmoods\funmoods\1.5.11.16\funmoodsTlbr.dll [2012-01-25] (Funmoods)
FF Plugin: @microsoft.com/GENUINE -> disabled No File
FF Plugin-x32: @microsoft.com/GENUINE -> disabled No File
FF SearchPlugin: C:\Users\BigToews\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\at5cjh7r.default-1385943104367\searchplugins\conduit-search.xml [2014-01-22]
CHR C:\Users\BigToews\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\flliilndjeohchalpbbcdekjklbdgfkk [2015-05-01]
CHR HKLM\...\Chrome\Extension: [flliilndjeohchalpbbcdekjklbdgfkk] - https://clients2.google.com/service/update2/crx
CHR HKLM-x32\...\Chrome\Extension: [fdloijijlkoblmigdofommgnheckmaki] - C:\Program Files (x86)\Funmoods\funmoods\1.5.11.16\funmoodsOEM.crx [2012-01-04]
CHR HKLM-x32\...\Chrome\Extension: [flliilndjeohchalpbbcdekjklbdgfkk] - https://clients2.google.com/service/update2/crx
S3 wacommousefilter; system32\DRIVERS\wacommousefilter.sys [X]
S3 wacomvhid; system32\DRIVERS\wacomvhid.sys [X]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Funmoods
C:\Users\BigToews\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\flliilndjeohchalpbbcdekjklbdgfkk
C:\Users\BigToews\AppData\Local\Temp\avgnt.exe
C:\Users\BigToews\AppData\Local\Temp\dropbox_sqlite_ext.{5f3e3153-5bce-5766-8f84-3e3e7ecf0d81}.tmph_u0kj.dll
AlternateDataStreams: C:\Users\BigToews\Cookies:KgrS260iVmSHAcHlJD389mtm
AlternateDataStreams: C:\Users\BigToews\AppData\Local\Temp:Jpxyvrqjl50qQnPh6mFlw
AlternateDataStreams: C:\Users\BigToews\AppData\Local\Temp:QqDNL10h9yX6oMB5ps3

End
Save the files as fix... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575144/all-programs-crash-on-open-cant-access-computer-properties/
Relevancy 49.45%

Greetings, new member and total noob here.
I'm running Win 7 Ultimate on a 32 bit Lenovo laptop.
So I was playing around with the Admin Tools found by pressing Start>Programs>Admin Tools.

I noticed if I right click and select the properties of these items, they seem to point to a different "directory". I've attached screenshots of the Computer Management and Firewall properties as examples. You can see Firewall starts in %windir% and Computer Management starts in %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%.

Can anyone please explain this. Sorry if this is basic stuff but I searched and my bad googling skills couldn't find much info. Also, why is there a space with an "/s" after the "compmgmt.msc" in the Target field of the Computer Management?

A:Start>Programs>Admin Tools... why do properties vary and what is /s?

I also discovered the "Local Security Policy" and thought it was interesting my Firewall says it's not configured but if I go to the Firewall via the Control panel it says it's turned on.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/379502-start-programs-admin-tools-why-do-properties-vary-what-s.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello to all,
Have no idea how I did it, must have been during an upgrade, but I've lost my Revo Unistaller Folder and programs from the ALL Program List. Can anyone advise how to get it back there? Thanks in advance.
Glenn

A:Lost Programs and Folder from Start-Up All Programs Menu

Hello Glenn,

You could use the tutorial below to restore the default Start Menu "All Programs" shortcuts.Start Menu All Programs in Windows 7 - Restore Default Shortcuts
However, I'm afraid that you'll need to create new shortcuts for your programs in the Start Menu though. Start Menu All Programs - Add or Delete Shortcuts
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/191765-lost-programs-folder-start-up-all-programs-menu.html
Relevancy 49.45%

In Windows 8.1, I want to customize the properties displayed in the Details Pane for ALL of my MP3s . (That is, I do not mean removing/modifying the properties on an individual MP3/music file. I mean choosing what gets displayed in the Details Pane for all music files.)
In XP (which I love and miss), I do believe the Details Pane could be customized easily, but I see no way to do that in 8.1. For example, I want to display Artist, Album, Year, Track #, Size, and Duration ONLY. How do I remove Rating, Genre, Title, etc.
Also, can I remove the "breadcrumbs" (...) and have the full line displayed? In XP, everything was displayed. Now you have to hover over something to see it. How is that better?
I miss XP's file manager!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443191-windows-8-1-how-do-i-remove-properties-displayed-details-pane.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi thereI m having a problem which is strangely affecting both my laptop and my PC Both run on XP Pro SP The desktop Icons amp Programs open as properties unless I right click then click open plus the keyboard acts as if the alt key is pressed and either some keys don t work or just type alternatives such as accents etc The PC was unable to carry out a system restore as the quot next quot buttons couldn t be operated However after a couple of restarts it did then appear to be as the Icons Properties Keyboard Programs is if pressed Open as key acts & alt normal and I carried out a restore going back to the st April which is as far as I can go back Unfortunately this didn t work It did however make a difference to the laptop it is now usable but if I leave it running unused it reverts back to its old tricks I saw that someone else on here had a similar problem and have followed the procedure as directed on this link http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html page st Obviously I can t post them on here from the PC but I can copy them to an external drive hopefully and then post them from the laptop My problem is I m worried that if it is a virus will it transfer I m at a loss as to how this has affected both machines but if its any help I had recently used Icons & Programs Open as Properties Keyboard acts as if the alt key is pressed Ccleaner on both However I hadn t messed with any of the check boxes so would have been as normal but the program had just been updated on both Is this a likely cause FYI I run Avast free on the Sony Vaio laptop and Eset Smart security on the Dell PC Both have scanned and shown nothing I have downloaded Sophos virus removal tool but still nothing In addition to the list of instructions provided in the above thread I have updated and run the following in safe mode on both machines and come up with nothing SpybotSuperantispywareMalwarebytesDr Web CureitAFT cleaner I ve been searching for ideas and found a number of forums suggested this - Start--Run and type in regsvr i shell I thought doing this had worked initially as the PC ran as normal but again only for a couple of minutes then reverted back to normal After carrying out the process in the above thread I have saved all the logs in addition to the list run in safe mode and also have now run a Hijackthis report all can be posted if it helps as they don t mean much to the untrained eye such as mine One other thing since this has been happening on occasions whilst running some form of scan the PC has crashed and thrown a Blue Screen saying windows had to close Not sure if any of this is related but last year my PC was running really slow and then crashed A friend looked at it and appeared to get it running again but the CD DVD burner no longer worked So I can t burn from itunes or WMP I was advised to try CDburner which does work most times but its not ideal and I just wonder if I have some hidden virus in my system However the CD burner is the least of my issues and probably needs to be in a seperate thread so won t rabbit on about that Phew I hope there is enough meat for someone to chew at here as I m climbing the walls trying to resolve this problem I m feeling either a full reinstallation or nervous breakdown coming on very shortly in fact it may be both if I have to start from scratch Thanks for reading this but I hope its not sent you to sleep and desperately hope someone can throw some light on the dismall situation Cheers and Pip PipAnnieEdit I forgot to say I ve recently noticed that whenever I carry out a search the top of the list is always traffic adwitty com I ve never seen this untill the past couple of weeks and downright annoying but I can assume there is some spyware attached to this which isn t showing up in my scans

A:Icons & Programs Open as Properties Keyboard acts as if the alt key is pressed

This doesnt look like a malware issue.Did you try an external keyboard to see if you can launch applications?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/453152/icons-programs-open-as-properties-keyboard-acts-as-if-the-alt-key-is-pressed/
Relevancy 48.59%

hey guys,, do anyone know how to remove this open file location in properties right click option... especially in game desktop shortcuts
i was able to remove open file location in context menu but when i try check properties in right click option open file location option is still there..
this will be a great risk for my pc security .Can anyone help me on this,, many experience guys in this site says they dont know how to do this. but i dont believe them..

H_E_L_P_ME_GUYS_ON_THIS

More power to sevenforums

A:how to remove open file location in right click option properties

Quote: Originally Posted by cubefred14

hey guys,, do anyone know how to remove this open file location in properties right click option... especially in game desktop shortcuts
i was able to remove open file location in context menu but when i try check properties in right click option open file location option is still there..
this will be a great risk for my pc security .Can anyone help me on this,, many experience guys in this site says they dont know how to do this. but i dont believe them..

H_E_L_P_ME_GUYS_ON_THIS

More power to sevenforums

You have posted this and probably three or four threads before starting a new thread do you think you're going to get any more extra help? I'll have you know one of the guys (Brink) that you don't believe it is very highly respected around here and if he can't get it most likely it's going to be very tough to find someone that does.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/237161-how-remove-open-file-location-right-click-option-properties.html
Relevancy 48.59%

All,

I tried a new program to format an external harddisk, swissknife. As a result, I managed to change the file system of de D-drive from FAT32 or NTFS to RAW (?). In addition, in the C-drive some start-up files were changed and I couldnt boot windows. The last problem is solved, the D-drive is permanently damaged but thats not the question here.

After this my "Start Menu > All Programs" only contains a few programs and my previous list is gone. Most links to programs and tools are missing. I read about similar problems in XP which seem to be registry related but I dont know what to change. Attached a screenshot of the program menu that pops up which is pretty empty. Used programs are stored in the start-menu.

Any advise? Many thanks

Koen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-programs-in-start-menu-all-programs.763582/
Relevancy 48.16%

I just rebuilt this computer and it working basically ok now. heres the issue im having, when I go to add remove programs it only shows the stuff ive installed since the reload, not all the programs that were installed on the system previously. I think the registry is not right, is there any way the restore it or have windows rebuild it? or will all the programs need to be reinstalled, most of them still work, but some do not.

A:rebuilt system from backup, but programs dont show in add/remove programs

I dont know what sort of backup you did. When you reinstall the o/s
its like starting over. Your right about registry issues. Thing is, is that
when you install a program it inserts a special registry entry. When you
reinstall windows, it has no clue as to how to deal with that particular
entry, thus you need to reinstall. For games and other programs, if
you have saved folders, they might be salvaged. Smarter minds may
differ, maybe they will chime in....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/rebuilt-system-from-backup-but-programs-dont-show-in-add-remove-programs-370638.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I opened the Add and Remove Program utiltiy in Control panel to remove a
program and am surprised to see that every one of the program entires is missing the
"change" or "Remove" option buttons. Whenever I select any program from the
list, those option buttons do not show up at all, only the program name, file
size, and date last used. I cannot change or remove any program! I am running
Windows XP Home edition and just recently installed ZoneAlarm Internet
Security Suite, so I tried removing ZoneAlram, but that did not help, still no
"change" or "remove" buttons visible under any program entry. Its like something
wiped out or, disabled the add/remove programs utility from showing those option buttons.
Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

jimmymoon

A:All "change" "remove" Option Buttons Are Missing From The Add Or Remove Programs Utility?

Have you tried using System Restore to return to a previous state before your problems began?Also see: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htmScroll down to #337 and click "Restore Change or Remove Programs" in the right column.or "Add/Remove Programs list are missing Change and Remove buttons"http://www.winxptutor.com/arpbuttons.htmThis involves making changes in the registry. Always back up your registry before making any changes. If you are not familiar with working in the registry, then you should NOT attempt to make any changes on your own. Improper changes to the registry could adversely affect your computer and render it inoperable.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/66434/all-change-remove-option-buttons-are-missing-from-the-add-or-remove-programs-utility/
Relevancy 47.73%

Is there a way to remove entries from "Programs and Features"?

The screenshot shows many entries for MegaSceneryEarth, can I get rid of all these entries someway? I do not want to uninstall the program, I just do not want all this crap showing up under "Programs and Features".

A:Remove entries in Programs and Features" without uninstalling programs

Hello IdahoSurge,

Yes, there sure is. The tutorial below can help show you how to remove uninstall entries from "Program and Features" without uninstalling the program.

Programs and Features - Remove Uninstall Entry

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/311281-remove-entries-programs-features-without-uninstalling-programs.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I am running XP - and I tried to uninstall a photoshop program, and found that I have no more uninstall / remove "toggle" buttons in the "uninstall/remove programs" list??? (only 1 program out of about 35 still does...Microsoft Office program has these toggles available)

just fyi...another issue came up at the same time - website shortcuts in a desktop folder make the whole folder window freeze when I double click on the shortcut. thanks in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-options-in-control-panel-add-remove-programs-to-uninstall-programs.652945/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have tried previously to uninstall my HP Officejet G printer from HP Pavilion a n running XP Media There is no Change Remove Solved: button missing Programs in Change/Remove Add/Remove button in Add Remove Programs but the program is there MB and the file suggested on the HP website for uninstalling older printers from XP produces a message that it s quot unsupported quot can t remember exact verbiage been a while since last tried Even reinstalled in the hopes that a message would come up to the effect quot this program is already installed do you want install to remove it Solved: Change/Remove button missing in Add/Remove Programs prior to completing this install quot but it just installs the printer again with a number after it I m up to quot hp officejet g series - quot Now I have the mother of all paper jams and black Solved: Change/Remove button missing in Add/Remove Programs ink leaking out of the underside of Solved: Change/Remove button missing in Add/Remove Programs the g so I have no choice due to work deadlines and time constraints but to physically remove it and install a new printer tomorrow Any hope of removing this from my system altogether and starting fresh before installing another printer nbsp

A:Solved: Change/Remove button missing in Add/Remove Programs

Do you have enough access rights on the computer to remove programs? ie: Do you have an administrative account?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-change-remove-button-missing-in-add-remove-programs.775510/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello, I am having trouble locating the right registry file for Logmein. I really use this program a lot for work , but the problem is that I am using a family computer and my little 18 year old brother keeps messing with the program by either right clicking it and exiting it out or removing it completely from the add or remove programs. He does this because he thinks that it will put viruses on the computer, I tried asking him to stop but it is like trying to convince a rock to move for you.

So, what I'd like to do is:

1.)Hide the program in add/remove list
2.)Use the registry to remove the icon by the clock in the system tray.
3.)Make this program almost undetectable to a moderately computer literate person.

A:Don't know how to remove logmein from system tray & add or remove programs list

couple of ways of going about it

1. create him a separate account and set it to standard user so he doesn't have the rights and create a password on your account.

CONTINUE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I HAVE NOT TESTED THE FOLLOWING.

2. i haven't tested this with logmein and this may corrupt your installation and make it very hard to repair unless you know what you are doing.
goto regedit hklm>software>microsoft>windows>current version>uninstall> hit F3 (search) and type logmein or go through the list manually until you find it.

back up the key by right clicking the logmein key and click export save it somewhere safe! then delete the key, this *should* remove the add/remove programs info but i am sure someone will correct me if i am wrong. See below image for example on this step.

note: logmein may be under a clsid (string of numbers) or under logmein or similar for the key. the below example shows where to click.

try running logmein, if it fails to work, run the reg file you exported before you deleted it and it will put the information back. abandon this and go back to step 1.

You should be able to remove the system tray icon from within the software itself, there is probably a tick box somewhere, if not try running (start>run) msconfig and clicking the startup tab. there should be a logmein entry there, untick the box and restart your pc. on the message box that pops up tick the box saying you are aware youve changed system config etc and dont want to be reminded everytime you log in. click ok.

Try running logmein again. it should start the required services and possibly take a little longer to run. but should be ok, you will however need to shut down/log off when you are done however as the system tray icon will most likely reappear when you run it.

Let me know how you get on. also have you tried just explaining to your brother that you need it for work and that all it does is connect you to your work network?

Josh

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dont-know-how-to-remove-logmein-from-system-tray-add-or-remove-programs-list.899239/
Relevancy 47.73%

I can't seem to figure out what happened, I was deleting some old programs through the control panel/add and remove programs. Now when I go back to the same window, the buttons to the right of the screen Change/Remove are missing.....what do I have to do to fix this?

A:Change/Remove buttons gone in my control panel under add and remove programs

Try a System Restore before this problem occured.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/change-remove-buttons-gone-in-my-control-panel-under-add-and-remove-programs-510566.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all I have a somewhat interesting problem here I have a computer that was infected I ran Ccleaner Malwarebytes Avira Anti-virus and Spybot search and programs in visible all add/remove but desktop in on or programs No folders, destroy It appears to have cleaned out all of the bugs but now I can t see any of the original programs on the desktop or in the start menu However when I open control panel I can see all of the programs listed there Also when I go into the the program files folder itself there are no programs listed Additionally when I went to boot into safe mode I now get the error The File viaide sys is corrupted Press any key to continue Any thoughts on how I might be able to restore the desktop and file folders to reflect what is shown in add remove programs without doing an OS reinstall Edit AM- I ve attached the hijackthis log from the computer I have no idea how to interpret the log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avshadow exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe E Tech Stuff HijackThis exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer No programs on desktop or in folders, but all visible in add/remove programs IEXPLORE EXE R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook no name - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - no file O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe quot min O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKUS S- - - Run DWQueuedReporting quot C PROGRA COMMON MICROS DW dwtrig exe quot -t User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT Run DWQueuedReporting quot C PROGRA COMMON MICROS DW dwtrig exe quot -t User Default user O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Google Sidewiki - res C Program Files Google Google Toolbar Component GoogleToolbarDynamic mui en D E dll cmsidewiki html O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe

A:No programs on desktop or in folders, but all visible in add/remove programs

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new DDS log (don't forget attach.txt)Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/394422/no-programs-on-desktop-or-in-folders-but-all-visible-in-addremove-programs/
Relevancy 47.3%

Okay,
I was having major problems with XP so i decided to do a dirty install. So I reinstalled, keeping all of the other data on my hdd. But when I got windows back up and running, I still had all the programs in the Program Files Folder, and they could run, but all the shortcuts on the desktop, the start menu, and the add/remove programs are gone.

I understand why this happened, but I haden't even thought about it before reinstalling.

I checked around and even resorted to Microsoft's site and their resolution was: Revert to backup of shortcuts....lmao

Well, all help is appreciated and thanks in advance,
Gold

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/restoring-programs-in-start-programs-and-add-remove-after-reinstall.337055/
Relevancy 47.3%

I reinstalled Windows XP. For some reason, all of my old programs show up in Windows Explorer, but not in the Start Menu or in Control Panel/Add Remove Programs. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks for any help.

A:Programs Not Listed in Start Menu Or Add/Remove Programs

I would guess that you need to re-install all of them for them to do that,its just a guess,try it with one and see if it works .....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/programs-not-listed-in-start-menu-or-add-remove-programs.756529/
Relevancy 47.3%

The following is a post I placed in the MS Community newsgroups and a reply I received one reply to which I followed the instructions without any results I have XP Home SP gt Reply Install xp cd exit the page go to run type cmd In cmd type Sfc Scannow When its thru type CHKDSK C F Agree to restart type EXIT Restart pc remove cd Back in xp type in run appwiz cpl gt quot ReCom and Programs all Remove updates list or missing many Add programs XP quot wrote gt gt gt while attempting to resolve a problem with Movie Maker I decided to get rid of some gt gt unused programs using the add or remove utility As soon as I removed gt gt Yahoo Messenger and other related Yahoo stuff add Add or Remove Programs list missing many programs and all XP updates remove closed and my laptop restarted When gt gt I went back into add remove I immediately noticed a large number of programs gt gt and all the windows updates were all missing from the list gt gt When I try to use one of the now unlisted programs uninstall programs it no gt gt longer works either Before I did the program removing excercise I updated gt gt latest version of DirectX without setting a restore point didn't notice gt gt those instructions until now so I apparently can't go back Any help would gt gt be greatly appreciate because I am quite sure this is going to come back to gt gt bite me in Add or Remove Programs list missing many programs and all XP updates the History I have in the meantime installed Add Remove Pro which didn't do anything I found a thread recommending a file available on Kellys-Korner which edits the registry with the following Windows Registry Editor Version -HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies Uninstall quot NoRemovePage quot dword This didn't help however when I searched for the above string I couldn't find it Add or Remove Programs list missing many programs and all XP updates in the registry either and I noticed that my registry editor is So I don't know if that makes a difference I don't use the DVD CD burner on my laptop that often so I couldn't say if the fact it is not reading or writing now is directly related to all the above problems I suspect it is and hope it will correct itself once the registry is corrected Also the install disk is a recover disk that came with the laptop and restores the laptop to factory settings I really hope this can be corrected without going that route I have not had any success with a complete restore as of yet Any and all help are greatly appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/add-or-remove-programs-list-missing-many-programs-and-all-xp-updates-233725.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I reinstalled Windows XP. For some reason, all of my old programs show up in Windows Explorer, but not in the Start Menu or in Control Panel/Add Remove Programs. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks for any help.

A:Programs Not Listed in Start Menu Or Add/Remove Programs

Hey, i assume when you re-installed XP you attempted to keep your programs?

When re-installing XP i believe the registry is re-written, which would account for them being missing from the Add/Remove programs panel.

As for the start menu, star menu entries can be found in these two directories:

Code:
C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Start Menu
C:/Documents and Settings/[Your Username]/Start Menu
i'm assuming they've been re-written too, if the programs still run then all you need to do is drag a shortcut to the main EXE into one of them folders, if they don't i suggest you re-install them.

Could you clarify how you re-installed XP? did you choose some non-destructive re-install(in order to keep your programs)?

Cheers,
Jamey

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/programs-not-listed-in-start-menu-or-add-remove-programs-299380.html
Relevancy 47.3%

When I download a program & install it, sometimes it will show up in the Add/Remove Programs list, sometimes it won't. Why is that? And how do I remove a program that doesn't show up in the list? Thanks.

A:Why Don't All Installed Programs Show Up In Add/Remove Programs List?

Depends how the application was written and what installer the author used.

If it does not show up in Add/Remove programs, it should have an "uninstall" file in the program's directory which would achieve the same thing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-dont-all-installed-programs-show-up-in-add-remove-programs-list.503450/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello

Today I decided to install some stuff on my computer as it was out of date..

I installed Java, Flash player and adobe reader X but when I go to add/remove they are not showing up in that section? Has anyone any suggestions or advice as to why this is happening?

Thank you.

A:Recently installed programs not showing up in add/remove programs?

Did you reboot?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/185470-recently-installed-programs-not-showing-up-add-remove-programs.html
Relevancy 47.3%

add remove buttons missing in add remove programs windows xp

Does anyone know how to resolve this. I've been around computers for several years and this never happend before.

I hve started using Advenced System Care. Does anyone know if thissoftware can cause this.

I also have a HiJack This log if needed for repair this problem.

A:add remove buttons missing in add remove programs windows xp

Hi!Go here:http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htmTry Fix #208 on the right.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/279042/add-remove-buttons-missing-in-add-remove-programs-windows-xp/
Relevancy 47.3%

Today i went to unintall something using the add remove programs in the controll panel and there is a few things wrong with it!

1st. - There is no longer any option to remove the program, right click doesnt bring up any menu. nothing!

2nd. Half of the programs in the list dont show me its frequency of use unless i click on them. (still no option to remove, mind you!)

3rd. the list is not complete. it seems only half as full as it should be. and i know i havent removed anything.

i cant tell you the last time it worked, because i havent tried to move anything for a long time.

Its frustrating me to no end!

ive run spy bot search and destroy and lavasoft ad aware personal and both have found nothing. and im running AVG and thats found no little nastys!

heelllpppp

A:Add Remove Programs - No option to remove/list not full

It sounds as if your registry needs cleaning. I would advise you to d/l RegSeeker which you can get here http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm, follow the instructions carefully in the README.txt.

NOTE: As I always advise, BACKUP your registry before making any changes.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/add-remove-programs-no-option-to-remove-list-not-full-121678.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all I m tuning up a pc for a friend whose kids have installed numerous trial games itunes music oasis etc and other misc crap Got most of it to my liking except this can t get rid of entries in the Add Remove Programs applet in Control Panel itunes and music oasis Here s what I ve done so far Searched the web high and low and tried every suggestion offered to no avail In Regedit went to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft Current Version Uninstall and removed all the entries I wanted then rebooted went back into Add Remove remove in applet programs entries add/remove unwanted and remove unwanted entries in add/remove programs applet itunes and music oasis are still there Opened C Windows inf sysoc inf but the entries aren t even listed Someone suggested using Tweakui but as far as I can tell that only removes the applets in Control Panel unless I m missing something there Installed a program called Add Remove Program Cleaner but the offending entires aren t listed in there either And finally reinstalled itunes and music oasis then rebooted uninstalled them again and the entries are still in the Add Remove Programs list This is starting to irritate me Thanks in advance for any new suggestions as I d like to get this thing back to him cuz he needs to watch the farm markets tomorrow a m if he can nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

I hope i'm posting correctly i originally posted on the xp forum problem no remove links at the add-remove programs in control panel most listings on the program list are not really programs when i googled the listings it comes back with links remove links programs progarm add-remove missing about malware most of the programs that are actually installed on missing remove progarm links add-remove programs the pc are not listed at add-remove programs Quote Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Judith on - - at Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Installed Ad-Aware SE Personal - - UTC - RP - Installed Windows XP KB - - UTC - RP - Installed Windows XP MSCompPackV - - UTC - RP - Installed Windows Media Player -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - Removed Google Earth Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis run as Judith exe ---------------------------------------------- Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Maxtor OneTouch Utils SyncServices exe C WINDOWS system pctspk exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATI FA EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Maxtor OneTouch utils Onetouch exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Documents and Settings Judith Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE TWZAZ PO dss exe C PROGRA HIJACK Judith exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpywareBlock Class - A E F- A- B -B -E C A F - C Program Files SpyCatcher SCActiveBlock dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run PCTVOICE pctspk exe O - HKLM Run SpyCatcher Reminder quot C Program Files SpyCatcher SpyCatcher exe quot reminder O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run BOB EPSON Stylus Photo R Series C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATI FA EXE P quot BOB EPSON Stylus Photo R Series quot O quot USB quot M quot Stylus Photo R quot O - HKLM Run Picasa Media Detector C Program Files Picasa PicasaMediaDetector exe O - HKLM Run MaxtorOneTouch C Program Files Maxtor OneTouch utils Onetouch exe O - HKLM Run mxomssmenu quot C Program Files Maxtor OneTouch Status maxmenumgr exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run I amp F Viewer toolbar quot C Program Files Photo Toolkit ivbar phototoolkitmem exe quot -start O - Startup Scheduler lnk C Program Files SpyCatcher Scheduler daemon exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Synchronizer lnk C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader AdobeCollabSync exe O - Global Startup Kodak EasyShare software lnk C Program Files Kodak K... Read more

A:missing remove progarm links add-remove programs

I couldn't figure out how to put in an attachment so here is the second file

Deckard's System Scanner v20070603.47
Extra logfile - please post this as an attachment with your post.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Information ----------------------------------------------------------

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (build 2600) SP 2.0
Architecture: X86; Language: English

CPU 0: Intel(R) Pentium(R) III Mobile CPU 1000MHz
Percentage of Memory in Use: 53%
Physical Memory (total/avail): 511.37 MiB / 238.2 MiB
Pagefile Memory (total/avail): 1249.07 MiB / 1049.4 MiB
Virtual Memory (total/avail): 2047.88 MiB / 1957.54 MiB

C: is Fixed (NTFS) - 18.63 GiB total, 6.1 GiB free.
D: is CDROM (No Media)
F: is Removable (No Media)

-- Security Center -------------------------------------------------------------

AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install.
Windows Internal Firewall is enabled.

FirstRunDisabled is set.

AV: AVG 7.5.472 v7.5.472 (GRISOFT)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\DomainProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"%windir%\system32\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\system32\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"%windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe"="%windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp3res.dll,-20000"
"C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe"="C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe:*:Enabled:Windows Live Messenger 8.1"
"C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\livecall.exe"="C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\livecall.exe:*:Enabled:Windows Live Messenger 8.1 (Phone)"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe"="%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp3res.dll,-20000"
"C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\spool\\drivers\\w32x86\\3\\SAGENT4.EXE"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\spool\\drivers\\w32x86\\3\\SAGENT4.EXE:*:Enabled:SAgent4"
"C:\\Program Files\\MSN Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\MSN Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe:*:Enabled:Windows Live Messenger 8.1"
"C:\\Program Files\\MSN Messenger\\livecall.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\MSN Messenger\\livecall.exe:*:Enabled:Windows Live Messenger 8.1 (Phone)"
"C:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\msmsgs.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\msmsgs.exe:*:Enabled:Windows Messenger"
"C:\\Program Files\\Yahoo!\\Messenger\\YahooMessenger.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Yahoo!\\Messenger\\YahooMessenger.exe:*:Enabled:Yahoo! Messenger"
"C:\\Program Files\\Yahoo!\\Messenger\\YServer.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Yahoo!\\Messenger\\YServer.exe:*:Enabled:Yahoo! FT Server"
"C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\dpvsetup.exe"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\dpvsetup.exe:*:Enabled:Microsoft DirectPlay Voice Test"
"C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\rundll32.exe"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\rundll32.exe:*:Enabled:Run a DLL as an App"
"C:\\Program Files\\Kodak\\KODAK Software Updater\\7288971\\Program\\Kodak Software Updater.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Kodak\\KODAK Software Updater\\7288971\\Program\\Kodak Software Updater.exe:*:Enabled:Kodak Software Updater"
"C:\\Program Files\\Kodak\\Kodak EasyShare Software\\bin\\EasyShare.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Kodak\\Kodak EasyShare Software\\bin\\EasyShare.exe:*:Enabled:EasyShare"
"C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG7\\avginet.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG7\\avginet.exe:*:Enabled:avginet.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG7\\avgamsvr.exe"="... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/missing-remove-progarm-links-add-remove-programs-160334.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello all,

i am trying to uninstall a program called "Scanner utility for Windows" (from 'Add/Remove programs'), but once its removed it still shows up under 'Add/remove programs', it doesnt disapear from there.
i tried rebooting the computer afterwards, but it still shows up in there.

i am able to remove it from another computer, so not sure what the issue is.

i am logging with administrator rights on both computers, so what could the issue be?

thank you

PS Both computers run on Windows XP.

A:Unable To Remove Software- It Still Shows Up Under 'add/remove Programs'

Hello alexcirnuThis should help solve the problem http://windowsxp.mvps.org/AddRemove.htm

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/156988/unable-to-remove-software-it-still-shows-up-under-addremove-programs/
Relevancy 47.3%

remove unwanted entries entries unwanted Programs remove applet in Add/Remove in add remove programs applet Hi all I m tuning up a pc for a friend remove unwanted entries in Add/Remove Programs applet whose kids have installed numerous trial games itunes music oasis etc and other misc crap Got most of it to my liking except this can t get rid of entries in the Add Remove Programs applet in Control Panel itunes and music oasis Here s what I ve done so far Searched the web high and low and remove unwanted entries in Add/Remove Programs applet tried every suggestion offered to no avail so I m trying as many forums as I can keep track of There are a lot more sharper minds than mine out there In Regedit went to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft Current Version Uninstall and removed all the entries I wanted then rebooted went back into Add Remove and itunes and music oasis are still there Opened C Windows inf sysoc inf but the entries aren t even listed Someone suggested using Tweakui but as far as I can tell that only removes the applets in Control Panel unless I m missing something there Installed a program called Add Remove Program Cleaner but the offending entires aren t listed in there either Ran Hijack This gt Misc Tools gt Unistall Manager and the entries aren t there either no big surprise there either And finally reinstalled itunes and music oasis then rebooted uninstalled them again and the entries are still in the Add Remove Programs list This is starting to irritate me Thanks in advance for any new suggestions as I d like to get this thing back to him cuz he needs to watch the farm markets tomorrow a m if he can

A:remove unwanted entries in Add/Remove Programs applet

From the Web:One method: This method avoids editing the registry and should be tried first. The easiest way is to open Add/Remove Programs and select the listing for the program you know has already been deleted. Select the application and click the Remove button. Since there is no application to 'remove', the process will time out and you'll be presented with an option to remove the entry.Another method: To manually remove the orphaned entries from the Add or Remove Programs applet, follow these steps:Click Start, Run and type regedit.exeNavigate to the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Uninstall

Backup the branch to a file Note: Each subkey represents a program that you've installed. To determine which program that each key represents, click the key, and then view the DisplayName value data in the right pane Select the subkey that you want to deleteRight-click on the subkey and choose DeleteClose Registry Editor

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/435820/remove-unwanted-entries-in-addremove-programs-applet/
Relevancy 47.3%

When an unwanted program has an "Uninstall" shortcut on the Start-->All Programs menu, is it better to uninstall it by using that shortcut or by using Control Panel-->Add/Remove Programs? Or does it not make any difference?The programs in question are Netscape Browser and RealPlayer. They came preinstalled on the computer and have never used. The OS is Windows XP Media Center version.TIA,T Belden

A:Remove Programs Via Add/remove Or Start Menu Shortcut?

Hello T_Belden and to Bleeping Computer.As far as I am aware, it should not make a difference which uninstall method you use.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/125626/remove-programs-via-addremove-or-start-menu-shortcut/
Relevancy 47.3%

My computer has had this problem for quite some time now. When I go to Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel, only the recently installed programs have the Change/Remove button. How can i make this button appear for my old programs as well? Thank you in advance for your help

Relevancy 47.3%

Hello

I have a dell laptop with XP SP3, 32bit running a bit slow. Full scans with Norton Security Suite (Xfinity version) and Malwarebytes find no infection. Secunia PSI at 97% with only WinDVDGold and Powerpoint viewer 2003 at end-of-life. All Windows updates have been applied.

However, in Add/Remove programs there is an entry for Antivirus 2011. When I click on remove, a box pops up saying:

An error occurred while trying to remove Antivirus 2011. You do not have access to \\ \globalroot\systemroot\system32\userinit.exe. You can specify the new uninstall program below.

Is this an infection or maybe it's a remnant of one? Your help in removing this would be greatly appreciated.

A:Antivirus 2011 entry in Add/Remove Programs but can't remove it

Hello,Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.Once the proper logs are created, then post them in a reply to this topic by using the Add Reply button.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the post and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the reply and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.Please note that I am not a member of the Malware Removal Team and will not be assisting you in removing the infection. I'm simply helping you to post the information they need in order to assist you.If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/415909/antivirus-2011-entry-in-addremove-programs-but-cant-remove-it/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello everyone A few days ago I Add/Remove Change/Remove buttons Programs missing from had some problems with a virus and malware Change/Remove buttons missing from Add/Remove Programs and one your friends helped me to resolve the issue The details are Change/Remove buttons missing from Add/Remove Programs here in case you'd like to see http www techsupportforum com secu -new-post html After that in order to make sure the problem doesn't happen again among other things I ran Secunia OSI It identified several programs as insecure and asked me to update them Adobe Reader Adobe Flash and a few others Since some wouldn't upgrade automatically to the newer versions I started removing them through Add Remove Programs in Control Panel After I removed ZoneAlarm the Change Remove buttons all disappeared To resolve this I looked around and one of the suggestions people had made was to save the file in line second column located in this page www kellys-korner-xp com xp tweaks htm and clicking on it I saved the linked reg file and clicked on it It just opened with NotePad and nothing else happened I reinstalled one of the programs that I had uninstalled Adobe Flash and that one has now the Remove button in front of it but the others still don't have the buttons I'll greatly appreciate any comments or suggestions you might have Thanks Yahoot P S Sorry for the links I tried to remove the hyperlinks but they keep coming back even when I disable quot Automatically parse links in text quot OS WinXP Pro SP Hardware Intel Pentium III

A:Change/Remove buttons missing from Add/Remove Programs

When you double click on the .reg file - it shouldn't be opening in notepad.

Try running the REG File Association Fix found on this page.
http://dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/change-remove-buttons-missing-from-add-remove-programs-366769.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Had no luck removing a program in control panel, and discovered software in PC
magazine that did the trick. consider this: absolute Uninstaller- www.glarysoft.com.
simple, but works fine. let me know if you use it.

A:Remove stubborn programs that won't remove in control panel

I used another 'remover'- the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility- great of getting rid of 'orphan entries' in Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/remove-stubborn-programs-that-wont-remove-in-control-panel.99932/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi I have a three part problem My pc was Desktop remove Messenger Can't Add/Remove Programs Logitech using made for Can't remove Logitech Desktop Messenger using Add/Remove Programs me so it isn t a brand name This is info about my pc from a Belark my input Windows XP Professional Service Pack build NETFramework AVG Anti-Virus Version Realtime File Scanning On Internet Explorer Sygate Security Agent and Personal Firewall Version Logitech Mouse Logitech Keyboard megahertz AMD Duron Processor Megabytes Installed Memory All security hotfixes have been installed Board ECS K S A Bus Clock megahertz BIOS American Megatrends Inc T c NTFS on drive f FAT on drive g NTFS on drive h NTFS on drive i NTFS on drive j NTFS on drive k NTFS on drive l NTFS on drive m NTFS on drive n NTFS on drive o NTFS on drive No network drives Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space TSSTcorp CDW DVD TS-H A CD-ROM drive quot format removeable media Floppy drive IOMEGA ZIP Hard drive -- drive Standard floppy disk controller Primary IDE Channel Controller Secondary IDE Channel Controller SiS PCI IDE Controller RADEON RADEON LE Microsoft Corporation Display adapter Envision EN e Monitor quot vis October I have Logitech Desktop Messenger in Add Remove Programs but when I attempt to remove it a wizard starts and then stops without removing it I searched my pc for Logitech and Messenger using hidden files and folder and system folders but got no hits I ve Googled the proglem but can t find a way to remove it I ve run a host of anti-virus malware spyware adware trojan worm programs such as Spybot BitDefender Panda TrendMicro Housecall Microsoft Malicious Spyware Remover Ad-Aware AVG Windows Defender CWShredder Kill Me and others that I can t think of off the top of my head but none of them came up with anything a clean bill of health each time Unfortunately my pc constantly gets bogged down shortly after booting up and freezes often I use CCleaner and flush DNS almost constantly I use all the tools in Dial-a-fix PC onPoint RegSeeker and RegCure with very little success I also clean the inside of my pc with compressed air and a computer vacuum that has a head the size of a pen wearing an anti-static wrist band and making sure that I stay at least quot away from all surfaces but it hasn t helped I have three problematic areas I need to uninstall Logitech Desktop Messenger but Add Remove Programs can t do it I installed NET Framework but it wrecked havoc with my video programs I uninstalled it and reinstalled I still keep getting updates from Microsoft for NET Framework though When I ran TrendMicro Housecall I received the following message MS - Vulnerability in ASP NET Could Allow Information DisclosureClick to expand It also provided this link regarding vulnerability in ASP NET http www microsoft com technet sec MS - mspx Since I uninstalled NetFramework why does Asp Net enter the picture Is there a cure for all these problems These are the results of a HiJack This scan Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C Program Files Sygate SPF smc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C WINDOWS System dllhost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exe C WINDOWS System imapi exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C PROGRA Dantz RETROS retrorun exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System dllhost exe C WINDOWS System vssvc exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiapsrv exe C WINDOWS S... Read more

Relevancy 47.3%

My laptop is missing lots of programs under Add/Remove Programs that I know are installed. Furthermore, some that are listed don't have the Remove button next to it. The missing programs aren't listed in the Uninstall registry key and I'm confident there are not viruses on the machine.

Any idea how to fix this? I don't think a System Restore will help as this machine probably has had this issue for quite some time now.

A:Change / Remove buttons missing in Add/Remove Programs

http://www.winxptutor.com/arpbuttons.htm
This link provides instructions on making sure your registry is not set to make the remove button not show up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-remove-buttons-missing-in-add-remove-programs.660008/
Relevancy 46.44%

When I go to the Change or Remove Programs Button of the Add-Remove Programs window in the Control Panel, there are no programs listed at all. The window is totally blank. The list for the Currently Installed Programs is completely empty. Does anyone know how I can get my installed programs displayed so that I can delete a couple? Any reason why this would happen?

I have Windows XP.

Thanks for your help!

A:No programs listed in Add/Remove Programs Window

Please don't post duplicate threads for the same problem.

Closing duplicate, Please continue with this here:

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?t=267053

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-programs-listed-in-add-remove-programs-window.267050/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have another computer, that is very old. The promblem that i'm encountering is that i cannot remove the programs from "add/remove programs" the i've installed. Can someone help me and tell me why?

A:Cannot Delete Installed Programs In "add/remove Programs"

i fixed the promblem now

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/137811/cannot-delete-installed-programs-in-addremove-programs/
Relevancy 46.44%

we had to remove Visual Studio 2005...when uninstalling VS it tells you to unistall portions in order...we did that and now nothing is listed in Add/Remove Programs relating to VS at all...however, in the start menu there is MS SQL Server 2005 configuration tools...when you reboot windows xp you get an error saying SQL Server could not start...well, we don't want SQL Server 2005 on there and are trying to remove it but it is not listed in Add/Remove at all...can't find anything relating to this at all...

how do we remove SQL Server 2005 configuration tools?

Relevancy 46.44%

When I go to the Change or Remove Programs Button of the Add-Remove Programs window in the Control Panel, there are no programs listed at all. The window is totally blank. The list for the Currently Installed Programs is completely empty. Does anyone know how I can get my installed programs displayed so that I can delete a couple? Any reason why this would happen?

I have Windows XP.

Thanks for your help!

Relevancy 46.44%

I have Windows XP.

Thanks for your help!

Relevancy 46.44%

I was looking through my programs and Computer 2 Remove Suspicious Programs Or Add Programs / In Seeing noticed quot PC Doctor quot and something by the name Seeing Suspicious Programs In Add Or Remove Programs / Computer 2 of quot Otto quot please look over my log and let me know Seeing Suspicious Programs In Add Or Remove Programs / Computer 2 if everything is okay Logfile Seeing Suspicious Programs In Add Or Remove Programs / Computer 2 of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC Program Files DISC DISCover exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPwuSchd exeC Program Files DISC DiscGui exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files Updates from HP Program Updates from HP exeC Program Files DISC DiscUpdateMgr exeC WINDOWS arservice exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exeC Program Files DISC DiscStreamHub exeC HP KBD KBD EXEC WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXEC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exec windows system hpsysdrv exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Documents and Settings HP Administrator Desktop jre- u -windows-i -p exeC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC WINDOWS system MsiExec exeC WINDOWS system MsiExec exeC WINDOWS system MsiExec exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC Program Files Common Files Java Update Base Images jre b patch-jre b launcher exeC Program Files Java jre bin unpack exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeO - HKLM Run AlwaysReady Power Message APP ARPWRMSG EXEO - HKLM Run HPHUPD c Program Files HP Digital Imaging D CC - F - d b-A D- B A hphupd exeO - HKLM Run DISCover C Program Files DISC DISCover exeO - HKLM Run DiscUpdateManager C Program Files DISC DiscUpdateMgr exeO - HK... Read more

A:Seeing Suspicious Programs In Add Or Remove Programs / Computer 2

As I no longer need the above logile computer fixed. I scanned a new log for my cousins computer that seems to be running very slow. Let me know! Thanks!Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2Scan saved at 3:39:31 PM, on 5/25/2008Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16640)Boot mode: NormalRunning processes:C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exeC:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXEC:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exeC:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exeC:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exeC:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exeC:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~2\NORTON~1\NPROTECT.EXEC:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYSC:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~2\NORTON~1\SPEEDD~1\NOPDB.EXEC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exeC:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exeC:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exeC:\Program Files\Digital Media Reader\shwiconem.exeC:\Program Files\Lexmark 3300 Series\lxccmon.exeC:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\jusched.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\lxcccoms.exeC:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exeC:\Program Files\America Online 9.0a\aoltray.exec:\program files\common files\aol\1153693649\ee\services\antiSpywareApp\ver2_0_27_1\AOLSP Scheduler.exec:\program files\common files\aol\1153693649\ee\aolsoftware.exeC:\Program Files\America Online 9.0a\waol.exeC:\Program Files\America Online 9.0a\shellmon.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Aol\aoltpspd.exeC:\Program Files\AOL Companion\companion.exeC:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\Adobe\Director\SwDnld.exeC:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exeR0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.emachines.com/R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.starware.com/2.0.0.0/landing/re...ce/intro_01.phpO2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dllO2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/147595/seeing-suspicious-programs-in-add-or-remove-programs-computer-2/
Relevancy 46.44%

Well I went to go uninstall something today and a lot of programs are missing from the Add/Remove Programs box and the programs that are there, there is no button to "Remove" or "Change"

All my programs work fine too.

Ive tried Ashampoo Uninstaller and a couple others but nothing shows in the Add/Remove Programs

Add/Remove Programs Image

Virus?

Please help

A:programs are missing from Add/Remove Programs window

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f10/...ve-164323.html

i found this and i read it.

dont really need help anymore but if you have any suggestions. shoot.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/programs-are-missing-from-add-remove-programs-window-164638.html
Relevancy 46.44%

undefinedundefined

Hi There, I am having a bit of not understanding, why when i go to my add/remove program there are things that I know I did not download,and tryed removing them and and when I try they tell me that other things will not run with out this program. How do I get rid of them? Please help me!!! Are some of these programs important to my computer? I have been using adaware, spyware blaster, spyware guarde, spybot search and destroy. and not underdstanding why these things are here. I am running on Windows ME and here are the problems, Active alert, powerscan, n79, icacemyx, mmtask wqi2modw,intesvc,pkprared,bwdelay,internet optimizer,wsemupdate,msgsrv32. I had to go back and go into system restore, tried replying and my computer froze a couple of times even when I tried to put the site in favorites. Someone please help!!!! can't take this anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A:Help!!!!!!!!with Strnge Programs In Add/remove Programs,i Never Down Loaded!!!!!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-strnge-programs-in-add-remove-programs-i-never-down-loaded.243084/
Relevancy 46.44%

My problem all started about two or three weeks ago when Windows Security Center popped up saying that my computer was infected with various viruses So when it prompted me to remove the infected files it requested a password of some sort that I Add Windows up like Can't Programs programs or open Remove didn t have so i just ignored Security Center when it came up Then my computer wouldn t let me open Mozilla Firefox I had to use Internet Explorer and then somehow I hit a button that would search for something using my default internet meaning Firefox So I found a way to get around the block Security Center was making But whenever I would try to do anything some window would pop up Can't open up Windows programs like Add or Remove Programs from Security Center saying I was infected and it would ask me if I wanted to block whatever file it was I decided to just ignore Security Center whenever it came up Then Can't open up Windows programs like Add or Remove Programs I m not sure when it happened but a window would pop up when i turned on my computer and it says quot rundll exe Application not found quot So now when I try to open up something I have to search through my program files to find something that will be able to open whatever it is that I need I have been able to open up Firefox but if I try to open up something like Security Center or almost anything from Control Panel it won t let me open it For instance Can't open up Windows programs like Add or Remove Programs when I try to open up Add or Remove Programs from Control Panel a window pops up saying quot C WINDOWS system rundll exe Application not found quot I am able to open up most files but I cannot open any Windows programs Also I use AVG Free to scan my computer for viruses but the last few times I have scanned my computer halfway through the scan my computer will shut down on its own Now my computer does shut down randomly sometimes but the last few times my computer has done this it was during an AVG scan I know this is a lot of random information but if you can somehow figure out what is going on and what is wrong I would greatly appreciate it

A:Can't open up Windows programs like Add or Remove Programs

I have asked that this thread be moved to the Am I Infected section. That popup was probably a FakeAV Alert.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/308656/cant-open-up-windows-programs-like-add-or-remove-programs/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have two two programs on my Add/Remove programs list that I've already uninstalled. The Sims: Livin' Large, and Macromedia Freehand 10. The Sims is over 600MB, and Freehand doesn't show a size next to the program name. I've already uninstalled them both via Add/Remove programs, and I've deleted both the folders from the Program Files folder, but they don't leave the Add/Remove programs list. I click to uninstall the Sims again, and nothing happens. I try to uninstall Freehand and it says:

An installation support file could not be installed. The system cannot find the specified file.

Could anybody help me get these things off my programs list? And another small side question: I rolled back to Windows Media Player 10 months ago, but Windows Media Player 11 Format runtime is still present on my list. Is it safe to uninstall? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
- Kanye

A:Removing Deleted Programs From Add/remove Programs

Hello Kanye,I see you have an open HJT log posted in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum.You shouldn't make any changes to your system, while your HJT log is posted, as that could change the results of the posted log, making it difficult to properly clean your system.At this point, the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.I'm closing this topic until you are cleared by the HJT Team. If, after your log has been cleaned, you still need help, please PM a Moderator and we will re-open this topic.If you have any questions, don't hesitate to send me a PM.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/127274/removing-deleted-programs-from-addremove-programs/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi My computer got infected with virus's and malware related stuff And maybe in the process of removing the infections i have been left with problems A lot of programs are missing from remove add from list) programs(programs missing add remove programs list The remove TAB in the add remove list is'nt there any more When i restart my computer or turn add remove programs(programs missing from list) it on my screen resolution changes I have looked here gt http www winxptutor com arpbuttons htm But that doest sort the remove TAB out for me it is still missing Also when i went the to set NoRemove REG DWORD set it to and NoModify REG DWORD set it to I thought i may see all the programs installed on my computer there but they weren't I was having help and was asked to follow this Click Start gt Run and type in sfc scannow there is a space between sfc and and let it scan for missing corrupt files This command will immediately initiate the Windows File Protection service to scan all protected files and verify their integrity replacing any files with which it finds a problem If it finds any problems it will prompt you for the Windows XP Install disc so have it handy After doing so every time i restart my PC on turn it on my screen resolution changes and i have to change it back to how i like it Not to wast time ill put the thread title below so you can see what we have tried IN gt HijackThis Log Help Thread Title gt Viruses found Still not right Hijack this scan Sorry i didnt recored the infections Running XP Pro Thanks for you time

A:add remove programs(programs missing from list)

Hi dojharris,

Have you been cleared by the HJT Specialists as yet?...If not, it is better to wait until you have the 'all clear' before attempting any other fixes with your computer.

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/add-remove-programs-programs-missing-from-list-179164.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I inherited a computer and upgraded it from 98 to XP. It had been set up with fat files (don't ask, somebody must have thought it was a good idea at the time) and hence multiple logical drives. Using partition manager, I got the files upgraded to ntsd (i'm dyslexic and didn't go back to check the initials) and am in the process of consolidating more logical drives. My problem now is that the add/remove programs list only shows the programs on c: drive. I want to uninstall some things so I can re-install them on the new consolidated c: drive. Any ideas on how I can get add/remove programs to list my other programs? Thanks for any help.

A:add/remove programs only displays programs on c drive

This might sound like trouble, but I think you would be much better to just format and start over with a fresh install of XP. That way you know you got it right, and I've seen problems with upgrading from something to XP. Just a thought, especially if you are going to be uninstalling programs and reinstalling them. Just start over and install them

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/add-remove-programs-only-displays-programs-on-c-drive.27693/
Relevancy 46.44%

In my add remove porgrams there are three or four title of programs that I deleted, but yet they remain in the menu of installed software. I know the file are gone, but how do I remove them from the list. Thanks all responses are appreciated and will be taken into consideration.

------------------
oO0agentcow0Oo

Relevancy 46.44%

Hello you really nice people Since you have helped me on several occasions I thought I d try one more time I don t know exactly when it happened however at some point after I installed winXP as a dual boot and have been trying out some dvd burning software I cannot add remove programs in win it states that quot no programs are currently installed on this computer quot I have tried spybot which found a few things and have been repaired I have tried Norton PC Doctor which found a few things all of which could not necessarily be repaired Listed?? - Add/Remove Programs Win2000 No Programs - and as a last resort I downloaded a freeware program Add Remove Programs to get my program uninstalled In Win2000 - Add/Remove Programs - No Programs Listed?? the midst of all this I foolishly installed service pack and then had to promptly uninstall it I think it was a conflict Win2000 - Add/Remove Programs - No Programs Listed?? with my video capture card -- got the blue screen Win2000 - Add/Remove Programs - No Programs Listed?? of death at reboot even in safe mode I was able to uninstall that because I had the good sense to back up and let it give me the uninstall option Any other ideas I am going blind trying to follow the msn knowledge base suggestions checking the registry I don t know what information you need from me to try and help me out so if you need any logs or stuff that I see other people post please let me know how to capture that information for you as well I m pretty computer smart just not really troubleshooting experienced in other words I just build em and learn as I go along For starters PIV Mgz G pc memory Windows Pro dual booting with winXP Pro Ide boot drive ata storage drive scsi a v drives external raid using adaptec scsi cd rom scsi jaz sony DRU- AX dvd writer video capture card dv plus from pinnacle x agp video card Oh yea and to complicate matters the floppy port on the mother board is fried HELP Please Patty nbsp

A:Win2000 - Add/Remove Programs - No Programs Listed??

I'm bumping this up... I still have found no solutions... I've run Norton PC Doctor and WinDoctor... spybot... housecalls... I've reinstalled 2000 to repair and still no luck....

Someone out there has to know how to resolve this stupid error. I just know it's something simple that I don't know about... or as I always say... it's just something stupid... it almost always is.

Help please???????????

Patty

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win2000-add-remove-programs-no-programs-listed.178684/
Relevancy 46.44%

hey guys and sorry if im reposting something that has been asked a million times before but my search isnt working when i try because the school's server is acting up really bad today.

i have a computer with 2 hard drives and i took out the second hard drive because im selling the computer but i still want the programs on it, which will run still without any extra files from the C: drive. so my question is this, how can i remove items from the add/remove programs list in the control panel without actually removing them? some i can go through and when it trys to uninstall something itll come up with an error and it will ask me if I want to remove the program from the list but other's dont work that way. any help would be great!

A:remove items from add/remove programs list

THe question is how does anybody know that the programs on drive D: do not have files on drive C:? If you want the programs that are used you have to install them again on the new computer, Windows of any version registers these programs in the system registry so therefore they have to be installed. The data is different this is not in the registry and can be backed up easily by making the drive a slave drive on the secondary IDE cable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remove-items-from-add-remove-programs-list.580983/
Relevancy 46.44%

A very long time ago, I had a user account for me and one for one of my friends. After a while, he didn't need to use my computer anymore, so I deleted his account, through the control panel's users option. He had downloaded something called Beam!2D and it shows on my Add/Remove programs. I try to do the add/remove and it will not remove it. I can see the path of where the program is supposedly installed, but the thing is that it's under the c:/Documents and settings for my friend and that account doesn't exist, so there is no folder.

It's taking 19,992mb and 19,923mb, because there are two instances of the program. How can I uninstall something that technically doesn't really exist? I don't want to restore my computer if I can avoid it.

A:Add/Remove Programs Cannot Remove Program: Can't Find It

No need to reformat you will however need to edit the registry.
Are you feeling comfortable to edit the registry?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/add-remove-programs-cannot-remove-program-cant-find-it-90290.html
Relevancy 46.44%

"IF" I want to remove or change name of some items in Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs , what should I do ? I try Run ->Regedit , but don't know the next step .

A:How to change name or remove item from Add/Remove Programs

Like what? For i.e.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-change-name-or-remove-item-from-add-remove-programs.148790/
Relevancy 46.44%

I am trying to totally delete and wipe out the icon & program on my desktop showing "AOL for Broadband".

When I left click on it and click on delete, a message pops up saying "Deleting the shortcut to GtCDTool only removes the icon. It does not uninstall the program.
If you want to uninstall the program, use Add or Remove Programs in control panel".

Well, I go to Add or Remove Programs and I cannot find anything listed as "AOL for Broadband" or "GtCDTool".

Anyone else here know how I can remove this program?

Thanks,
Drew

A:How do I remove a program not shown in Add/Remove Programs?

It should be listed in Add/Remove Programs. AOL now days has their support information locked down for vaild AOL users. I recommend you contact them, see: http://www.aol.com/support/index.adp?toc=install&page=02

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-remove-a-program-not-shown-in-add-remove-programs.192367/
Relevancy 46.44%

Okay, I have to say that one of my biggest pet peaves of the microsoft operating system is the inefficiency of system updates, and where they are stored. For example, Windows installer 3.1 is an update related to the inner-workings of the operating system itself, yet windows displays it in my add/remove programs list. This is software that I have no intentions of getting rid of, so is there a way I can remove it from the add/remove programs list without actually removing the critical files that are needed by the system? My add/remove programs list is getting rather cluttered, and the majority of it is system updates that show up even when the 'show updates' option is not selected.

A:How To Remove Items From Add/remove Programs Without Uninstalling Them

Are you comfortable playing in your registry?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/134749/how-to-remove-items-from-addremove-programs-without-uninstalling-them/
Relevancy 46.44%

I am trying to remove a program i no longer want, but when i go to add or remove programs the remove button is no longer displayed for any program.Any suggestions?

A:add or remove programs/remove button missing

Click Start / Run and type REGEDIT and press Enter (or click Okay).

Then in the left pane, go through...
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

Locate the program name you want to remove...

In the right pane, do the following...
double click NoRemove (REG_DWORD) and set Value data to 0 (zero)
double click NoModify (REG_DWORD) and set Value data to 0 (zero)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/add-or-remove-programs-remove-button-missing-67002.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I tried to remove this program on add and remove program on my computer but it didn't work. What can I do?

A:How to remove this form add and remove programs on your comp

Hello pickles3579, what program are you trying to get rid of? What operating system? I am moving this topic to a forum where you will hopefully find some help if you provide more information.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/25861/how-to-remove-this-form-add-and-remove-programs-on-your-comp/
Relevancy 46.44%

Okay, let me explain. This happened last month.

Once I decided to get rid of ZoneAlarm after installing it, in favour of COMODO. But after it uninstalled and requested a restart, the computer froze and the BSOD appeared. After reboot, ZoneAlarm was obviously gone, no registry keys, system files and no entry in Windows Security Center. But I forgot to check the Add/Remove Programs.

Now the entry's still there even though I uninstalled it a month ago. How do I remove it?

A:How do I remove phantom entries in Add/Remove Programs?

See Removing Invalid entries from Add/Remove: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/AddRemove.htm

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176042/how-do-i-remove-phantom-entries-in-addremove-programs/
Relevancy 45.15%

When I click on the desired program, it does not give me the option (the little box which says "remove") to remove the program from the PC. This is the case with about 90% of the programs on the list. What seems to be source of this problem?

A:I can't remove programs in the "Add or Remove Programs" feature

Can be several factors. Moving or deleting parts of the original installation can cause that problem. Some programs will also look for the original installation file or ask for the CD before they will modify an install. In any case, you can manualy remove/cleanup the programs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-cant-remove-programs-in-the-add-or-remove-programs-feature-386224.html
Relevancy 44.72%

So I went to bed last night and everything was ok on my pc I rarely turn it off so left it on as usual I have Comodo Firewall AVG and AdAware running in the starting, can't remove programs, etc.... not Programs background which normally gives me a heads-up when something is trying to get in This morning when I got on my Programs not starting, can't remove programs, etc.... computer I noticed that I could not click on links within certain websites I rebooted thinking that that would Programs not starting, can't remove programs, etc.... be the problem but something more sinister was lurking around the corner After the reboot I noticed that comodo was no longer working in fact none of my quot normally running quot protection was Also I can no longer get online I tried running spybot mbam avg adaware and superantispyware Programs not starting, can't remove programs, etc.... in safemode but couldn t get some of them to run at all mbam gives me a quot vbAccelerator SGrid II runtime error and the run-time error Automation Error quot error avg gives me a quot Problem with Shortcut quot The item avgui exe that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved so this shortcut will no longer work properly quot error I tried to remove a program from the Control Panel Programs Uninstall a Program but when I click on the quot Uninstall a Program quot link it does nothing My quot Help and Support quot does nothing when I click on it either I tried the System Restore but once it opens I cannot click on anything to restore all i have access to is the cancel button I cannot even turn it on or off I also attempted to push the f button on a reboot to get to the system restore but that doesn t work either I also tried accessing the f on reboot which allowed me into the menu so I tried both quot last known good configuration quot and quot Directory Services Restore Mode quot which the latter booted me in safe mode which does me no good either This is my system info OS - Windows Ultimate Processor - Intel Pentium Dual CPU E GHz GHz RAM - GB for some reason the system will not take GB s System - -bit I ve tossed around the idea of reformatting but I would hate to have to re-install all my programs and transfer all my files to my external drive so hopefully someone knows a more powerful Kung Foo I ran combofix and have attached the log Also I still have my regsvr exe file too I saw that some of those mbam quot vbAccelerator SGrid II runtime error and the run-time error Automation Error quot errors were fixed by pasting the missing file in the windows system folder but mine is still there Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Here is the combofix log quot ComboFix - - - Courtney - x Running from c users Courtney Desktop ComboFix exe Files Created from - - to - - - - - - -------- d-----w- C VritualRoot - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Default AppData Local temp - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Administrator AppData Local temp - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Administrator Mojojojo-PC AppData Local temp - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x Easy Video Splitter - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Courtney AppData Roaming Artisteer - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x Artisteer - - - - -------- dc-h--w- c programdata CDCFFBC- B - - A- E C D - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x BackToTheBeach - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Courtney AppData Roaming BackToTheBeach - - - - ----a-w- c windows XSitePro Uninstaller exe - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Common Files Thraex Software - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files XSitePro - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x Common Files Java - - - - -------- d-----w- c programdata Vivitar Experience Image Manager - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Courtney AppData Local Vivitar Experience Image Manager - - - - -------- d-----w- c programdata Vivitar - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x ffdshow - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Vivitar Experienc... Read more

A:Programs not starting, can't remove programs, etc....

I figured out how to get everything back to normal.........and I feel like a complete idiot.

I forget sometimes that this is Windows 7 and not XP. All I had to do was to reboot with F8 (which I had done numerous times but failed to see) and then select "REPAIR COMPUTER"! Voila! Now everything is back to normal and I am running Mbam which should get rid of whatever caused this in the first place.

Thanks!!

Courtney

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/408713/programs-not-starting-cant-remove-programs-etc/
Relevancy 44.72%

my mom tells me she was uninstalling yahoo and she followedw the prompt to restart the computer. She then went back to install it again (she thinks when the website is having problems she needs to uninstall and install it again....)and it wouldn't work because the site is having difficulties. So she goes back to the program list and all it has is
Adobe Album Photoshop 2.0 Starter Edition
Adobe Reader 6.0.1
Freetar
Google Toolbar for IE
HpSdpAppCoreApp
iTunes
Java SE Runtime Enviroment SE v1.4.2_03
Java SE Runtime Enviroment 6 Update 1
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
Microsoft Plus! Digital Media Edition
Microsoft Visual J# .NET Redistributable Package 1.1
Microsoft Works 7.0
Quicktime
WebFldrs XP

I have no idea what could have caused it besides the yahoo stuff but I don't see why that would delete most of the programs from the list... help is appreciated!

A:All The Programs In My Add/remove Programs List Are Gone!

Try this:Start / Run / and type; cmd / OKAt the command prompt type: regsvr32 appwiz.cpl (Note the space between 32, and appwiz)Click the Enter key.When finished, type; exit.Click the Enter key.Reboot and see if it works now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/96140/all-the-programs-in-my-addremove-programs-list-are-gone/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi Everyone I am experiencing a strange problem when attempting to uninstall programs from Control Panel -- gt Add Remove programs When I attempt to uninstall a program the corresponding programs quot uninstaller quot (through programs uninstall / Add Can't Remove programs) asks for a network resource Here is an example screen shot of what I am seeing when I attempt to uninstall Ad Aware It doesn t seem to matter what I am attempting to uninstall In all of the uninstall scenarios that I have seen Add Remove programs asks for an MSI file with a similar name to the program that I am attempting to uninstall I believe that Windows thinks an MSI file was used to install the program in the first place and therefore it is asking for the file in order to uninstall However I did Can't uninstall programs (through Add / Remove programs) not use Can't uninstall programs (through Add / Remove programs) an MSI file to install Ad Aware or any of several other programs that will no longer uninstall If anybody has any suggestions on how I can fix this issue with my computer they will be greatly appreciated Thanks for your assistance Kind Regards Davo nbsp

A:Can't uninstall programs (through Add / Remove programs)

firstly, if you want to get rid of the programmes then try the free version ofRevo uninstallerwhich will remove every last trace, from the registry too, if any of your progs are adware then perhaps that could be one of the issues stopping you from removing them any other way.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-uninstall-programs-through-add-remove-programs.924846/
Relevancy 44.72%

A while back I attempted to remove a number of unneeded programs via CONTROL PANEL ADD DELETE PROGRAMS to free up disc space I am am full with XP Home and only GB After deleting several of them successfully it appeared I did a system restore for a separate issue and it didn t quot take quot the system locked up the restore wasn t successful and I had to do a hard reboot System restore has worked fine since then however PROBLEM After this happened the deleted ADD/REMOVE left behind from PROGRAMS programs programs still show on the program list and still have files folders left over on the C drive but I am unable to remove them quot again quot I get an error mssg or nothing at all happens or the PC hangs and I have to close the control panel or possibly even restart One of the programs now shows it s size as MB which it obviously isn t others that were unsuccessfully deleted show no size in MB at all I have tried uninstalling from the TOOLS tab in CCleaner as well with no luck Any ideas on how to COMPLETELY PROPERLY delete these programs and remove them from the program list without leaving behind a bunch of clutter errors other than manually removing them from the PROGRAM FILES folder which I assume would still leave traces in other locations and registry errors Thanks for any help

A:programs left behind from ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS

I would try Revo Uninstaller.Here is how to use Revo Uninstaller:1) First we download it from here: Revo Uninstaller Free Version. You can skip this Step if you already have it installed. However, you may need to update it. If you have it installed already, and you need to update it, go ahead and open it up and click the AutoUpdate Icon next to Help. The use of this program makes registry changes based upon what you select for removal from the Registry. Before running Revo Uninstaller please run ERUNT before proceeding to back up your registry in case you make a mistake.2) Select the Program to remove from the list of programs and click the Uninstall button: 3) After selecting the program you want to remove, and confirming you want to uninstall the program, then you will want to select the Advanced Option: 4) Click Next. This will start the uninstaller for the application you picked. When the uninstaller is done, and it proves to be successful, and a reboot is required, then select NO and continue the below steps.5) Follow the prompts during the uninstallation of the application. Once it closes you will be at this window: 6) Click Next again. Once the window is done scanning for files and other things that did not get removed, you will be presented with this window: . You will want to select only the bolded items, then click on Delete. If any entries-usually the last thing listed and not in bold-have a + sign click on the + until you see more bolded items. Once done, click Next.If it asks you to delete other files, then do so, but pay attention to the warnings.
Here is how to use Revo Uninstaller:

1) First we download it from here: [url=http://www.revouninstaller.com/start_freeware_download.html]Revo Uninstaller Free Version[/url]. You can skip this Step if you already have it installed. However, you may need to update it. If you have it installed already, and you need to update it, go ahead and open it up and click the AutoUpdate Icon next to Help. The use of this program makes registry changes based upon what you select for removal from the Registry. Before running Revo Uninstaller please run [url=http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/][color=red][b]ERUNT[/b][/color][/url] before proceeding to back up your registry in case you make a mistake.

2) Select the Program to remove from the list of programs and click the [b]Uninstall[/b] button:
[center][img]http://www.cryptodan.net/img/revo_list_of_programs.png[/img][/center]

3) After selecting the program you want to remove, and confirming you want to uninstall the program, then you will want to select the Advanced Option:
[center][img]http://www.cryptodan.net/img/methods_of_removal.png[/img][/center]

4) Click [b]Next[/b]. This will start the uninstaller for the application you picked. When the uninstaller is done, and it proves to be successful, and a reboot is required, then select [b]NO[/b] and continue the below steps.

5) Follow the prompts during the uninstallation of the application. Once it closes you will be at this window:
[center][img]http://www.cryptodan.net/img/continue_uninstallation_of_application.png[/img][/center]

6) Click [b]Next[/b] again. Once the window is done scanning for files and other things that did not get removed, you will be presented with this window: [center][img]http://www.cryptodan.net/img/registry_settings_left_behind.png[/img][/center].

You will want to select only the bolded items, then click on [b]Delete[/b]. If any entries-usually the last thing listed and not in bold-have a + sign click on the + until you see more bolded items. Once done, click [b]Next[/b].

If it asks you to delete other fil... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/418820/programs-left-behind-from-addremove-programs/
Relevancy 44.72%

What is the best/cleanest way of removving programs, the Add/Remove programs way or Uninstall Programs? And what exactly is the difference? tks.

A:Acd/remove Programs Or Uninstall Programs

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but I'll take a stab at it anyway!

The add/remove programs feature of Windows is an easy way to access the uninstaller for most programs.

I also like to use a program called Uninstall Plus! This program starts the uninstaller, then after that runs it then searches the registry for any traces that were left behind and removes them.

Not all program's uninstallers are created equal. Many, if not all, leave stuff behind.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/58308/acdremove-programs-or-uninstall-programs/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi-

When I go to add remove programs in XP I can only see the firt 8 or 9 programs in alph order. I have at least 30 apps on my PC. I sort by size and can see more - but the ones I'm looking for are not there.

Please help?

A:Can't see all programs in Add/Remove Programs Feature XP

timmyb

A common problem that arises with add/remove programs is that there are some programs that have a negative counter that causes a large amount of white space between it and the next program.

Try scrolling down to the bottom - I bet you find the rest of the programs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-see-all-programs-in-add-remove-programs-feature-xp.302053/
Relevancy 44.72%

I don`t know why, but I just can't seem to access My Programs or Add/Remove Programs in Windows 2000. It worked this morning and yesterday, but not this hour or so.

But when I do click on My Programs at Local Disk (C), it gives me a blank page and same for Add/Remove Programs.

Anyone know why and how I can fix this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-access-to-add-remove-programs-my-programs.329405/
Relevancy 44.72%

Does any one know how I can delete programs in add and remove programs when there is no size given to the right of that program, and because of that I can't uninstall it ! How can I delete these without redownloading them ? Because there are many that I can't redownload ?

Relevancy 44.72%

I was doing some "Spring Cleaning" on my computer when i found some things in the "Add or Remove Programs" list. Can someone help me figure out what these are?

FileViewer utility 1.2
Remote Capture 2.7.0
SymNet
WebFldrs Xp

A:Weird Programs In "add Or Remove Programs"

Here are some possibilities. You don't give us much information to work on.FileViewer utility 1.2 Canon posts File Viewer Utility updates http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/content_p...cid=7-6191-6209Remote Capture 2.7.0 http://software.canon-europe.com/software/0019428.asp?model=SymNet http://www.symnetaudio.com/index.phpWebFldrs XpWeb Folders, or WebDAV, is a file transfer protocol that supports secure file transfer over intranets and the Internet. With Web Folders, you can upload, download, and manage files on a remote computer across an intranet and the Internet. Web Folders is similar to File Transfer Protocol (FTP); however, Web Folders provides a more secure environment for transferring files over the Web.http://www.neowin.net/forum/lofiversion/in...hp/t166277.htmlGoogle is your friend.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/86547/weird-programs-in-add-or-remove-programs/