Windows Support Forum

Asus G73jh screen problem

Q: Asus G73jh screen problem

I am now working on a ASUS G jh I ll describe the problem from when I first acquired the laptop The laptop started up with a blue BIOS background eventually the OS started Very lightly and blue tinted After playing around I discovered that the problem was intermittent when changing the elevation of the LCD lid I ordered NEW LCD Video Cable For Asus G G JH G JW G J G SW SERIES - Q ASA http www ebay com itm trksid p m l amp ssPageName STRK MEBIDX IT thinking this would fix the problem It did not Since then I have tried one different LCD panel and get the same results Now the problem is no longer blue It s just dark very very dark I can see that it still sends the image to the screen but it looks at if it s Asus G73jh problem screen the older LCD panels with the backlight disabled I know that this does not have a backlight or inverter though I have reinstalled Windows reinstalled the drivers reinstalled CCC still having issues maybe this is related AMD Catalyst fails to load properly The error message is quot Catalyst Control Centre Command Line Interface has stopped working quot It seems maybe there is something wrong with the graphics processor but I currently have a monitor connected through VGA and have also tested the HDMI output and both work fine I have been using and testing this system Asus G73jh screen problem with the external monitor since I have disassembled the laptop to replace the LCD LED cable I no longer have the old cable Anyone with any tips I would really like to figure this out if not for a working laptop for the curiousity of knowing what caused the problem Please help I will appreciate it very much nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Asus G73jh screen problem

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Asus G73jh screen problem

Is the display panel an LCD or LED type? Many LCD laptops can be converted to LED by using a simple flat cable adapter...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-g73jh-screen-problem.205184/
Relevancy 86%

Not really sure in what direction to go with fixing my issue, so I'd rather leave it up to the experts. All the files created from Diagnostic Tool are attached.

Some issues are the "standard" BSOD, and some are black screen + buzzing type noise.

A:Asus G73JH Blue Screen / Locking up issues

A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint.

Tip
Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress.

You can read more on this error and what to try here... Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try: Stop 124 Troubleshooting Strategy

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {4, fffffa8006332038, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : GenuineIntel

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

3: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000004, PCI Express Error
Arg2: fffffa8006332038, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 0000000000000000
Arg4: 0000000000000000

Debugging Details:
------------------

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: b

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`02ffda78 fffff800`02e17a3b : 00000000`00000124 00000000`00000004 fffffa80`06332038 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`02ffda80 fffff800`02fda443 : 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`06321b10 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`063211b0 : hal!HalBugCheckSystem+0x1e3
fffff880`02ffdac0 fffff880`00fcabcf : fffffa80`00000750 fffffa80`06321b10 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`06331ab0 : nt!WheaReportHwError+0x263
fffff880`02ffdb20 fffff880`00fca5f6 : 00000000`00000000 fffff880`02ffdc70 fffffa80`054d6d80 fffff880`02ffdbf0 : pci!ExpressRootPortAerInterruptRoutine+0x27f
fffff880`02ffdb80 fffff800`02ebfa5c : fffff880`02fd5180 fffff880`02ffdc70 fffffa80`054d6d80 fffffa80`05550601 : pci!ExpressRootPortInterruptRoutine+0x36
fffff880`02ffdbf0 fffff800`02ebb8e2 : fffff880`02fd5180 fffff880`00000001 00000000`00000001 fffff800`00000000 : nt!KiInterruptDispatch+0x16c
fffff880`02ffdd80 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiIdleLoop+0x32

STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: GenuineIntel

IMAGE_NAME: GenuineIntel

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PCIEXPRESS

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PCIEXPRESS

---------

3: kd> !errrec fffffa8006332038
===============================================================================
Common Platform Error Record @ fffffa8006332038
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Record Id : 01ce630831d64ffb
Severity : Fatal (1)
Length : 672
Creator : Microsoft
Notify Type : PCI Express Error
Timestamp : 6/7/2013 5:02:00 (UTC)
Flags : 0x00000000

===============================================================================
Section 0 : PCI Express
----------... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/293028-asus-g73jh-blue-screen-locking-up-issues.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Laptop shown in title Quick rundown Computer had Windows HardDrive crashed Replaced HD Now using Windows OS g73jh-a2 Asus In Windows I am no longer able to use x No- X Is not an option it does not even show Max x Yes- x I was able to use before as you see by looking up my computers specs Are my drivers up to date As far as I know YES If you have a driver update for me you think can help please send it to me Problem - Display settings I Asus g73jh-a2 can not change the brightness of my computer I am able to scroll through Asus g73jh-a2 the option of higher brightness and lower but no change happens whatsoever Maybe these problems are connected Statement- I had called ASUS and asked for help they were as useless as a hogs ass I AM NOT SENDING MY COMPUTER IN so if this is how my computer must be Asus g73jh-a2 because no possible fix else wise then so be it Thanks for help

A:Asus g73jh-a2

After you installed windows 10, did you check with Asus driver/support webpage for drivers and even a possible BIOS update?

http://www.pchelpforum.com/laptop-support/128446-asus-g73jh-a2.html
Relevancy 73.1%

So I got my laptop years ago It has ALWAYS had issues either with Asus Issues G73jh gray SOD s black SOD s blue SOD s other forms of crashing graphics driver updates Catalyst Control Center etc I just recently started up a game of Starcraft II bumped the settings to medium obviously a system of this caliber should be able to run the game on AT LEAST high with a good FPS then it crashed with a black SOD in the first couple minutes when it wasn t demanding at all My friend and I took a look inside the system and cleaned out the fans only to note that they re running fine He then did some research and told me that I would need thermal paste or something to help cool the GPU because I have faulty thermal padding or something I m not sure on that it s just approximately what he noted As of now I have CCC installed all the most updated drivers the most recent BIOS update Asus G73jh Issues etc In-game I believe the GPU is running temps in the high s low s and is high s idling I m no computer wiz I just know some of this stuff cause my friend laid it out for me recently so sorry if my explanations are a bit sub-par If you need any more info please don t hesitate to ask Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-g73jh-issues.1055858/
Relevancy 72.24%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU Q GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Mobility Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer Inc G Jh Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Out of boredom I purchased a subscription for Pogo com Right around this same time my paid subscription to Malwarebytes expired I thought I d keep up with the weekly scans but i eventually stopped scanning stupidly I cancelled the Pogo payments after the first month But every month since I ve been getting charged I thought nothing of it and decided it was only a month so i decided to not do anything about it in case i wanted to play some ad free games once in a while Well today i got the same hacked and G73JH Asus trojan monthly bill and went and signed into my account and noticed that it was asking me to sign up for club pogo I called EA which now owns pogo and they informed me that my account was compromised Someone signed in from Mexico and another from Russia The EA customer service was very informative and showed me that there Asus G73JH trojan and hacked were somewhere around IP addresses accessing my system or pogo account not sure which EA did a screen share and they and ran some scan in my CMD and it showed a whole bunch of IPs They also showed me that a whole bunch of my vital services in MSConfig were stopped I can t download an antivirus now I m running in safe mode with networking for the time being i couldn t get a clear answer as to whether my computer was hijacked or my account was hacked Should i close the account Asus G73JH trojan and hacked as well as my paypal Thanks in advance for any support nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-g73jh-trojan-and-hacked.1168913/
Relevancy 72.24%

I have a question about upgrading the RAM in my laptop Asus for A G73JH-RBBX05... upgrade RAM because I really want to get up to GB of RAM I have GB of Kingston DDR SODIMM PC - MHz currently running in my system Here is what I am looking to buy but I am not sure if it will work Amazon com Kingston Technology GB x GB MHz DDR PC -Pin SODIMM Memory for Apple iMac KTA-MB G Computers amp Accessories If I get this I will be up to GB and then I just need to replace one of A RAM upgrade for Asus G73JH-RBBX05... the GB sticks with a GB stick to get to Notice how on this page listed as the link in blue above it says that the RAM is for quot Apple iMac quot My question here is as follows All of the specifications for the RAM in my system and the RAM here match apart for that the RAM listed above is for Apple iMac so will the RAM for the like above still work in my system or is this RAM listed above in link really only somehow for the Apple iMac PS Here is another resource if you should desire to find out more information about the system I have and am currently running ASUS G Series G JH-RBBX quot NoteBook - Newegg com And also if anyone comes across an actual link for a dedicated GB stick of RAM for the Asus G Jh-RBBX please let me know so that I can get it As always thank you so very much your help is greatly appreciated and good luck in your research R Petrelli

A:A RAM upgrade for Asus G73JH-RBBX05...

To add more memory on my G74Sx, I just used Crucial 8gb sticks. Working like a charm.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/282304-ram-upgrade-asus-g73jh-rbbx05.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi guys, long time lurker(7 forums anyway).

While doing a large a large upload around ~20Gb+ I received the blue screen twice at different stages.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The first time was fairly early in the upload and the second was probably around 80% complete.

I am thinking its the onboard nic. My googling has has pointed me in that general direction.

About to run memetest but in the meantime here are the logs.

Thanks guys

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/52226-irql_not_less_or_equal-asus-laptop-g73jh.html
Relevancy 72.24%

My ASUS G73JH laptop has been freezing and locking up lately. I have re-installed the OS twice in the last week and bought Driver Update (from the Slim Drivers people) to update my drivers. I even updated the VBIOS with no luck.

Most of the time when the freezes come, I have been in Google Chrome, but not always. Today at Subway it froze, so I restarted it and twice it restarted and immediately locked up before even getting to the login screen and it was making a strange buzzing noise through the speakers.

It just froze again a couple of minutes ago and I took this screenshot of the temps immediately after rebooting, but I don't know what the normal operating temps should be.

I hope the motherboard isn't dying. If its an SSD issue or something, I can fix that. But, I am at a loss as to what is causing the freezing/locking.

Relevancy 72.24%

Given the amount of different things I think may have caused this problem I am not sure if this is the correct subforum but as it does run on win I thought I'd post it here Specs Intel i QM ATI mobility radeon GB RAM Win home premium - bit rpm gb HDD I think I recently purchased a refurbished asus g bst as described above and for the past month or since I got it its been working great with no issues Last night I put it in hibernate as I do every night and came back start. won't Asus G73JH-BST7 to turn it on today and it wouldn't start at all no asus splash screen or error message All that happens is the status lights turn on for - seconds then nothing it will not start I have read so many different threads with different causes and solutions for this problem but I am not sure which is correct I have already tried turning it off disconnecting the battery and holding in the power for seconds with no luck as this model doesn't have a reset button From all I have Asus G73JH-BST7 won't start. read I don't know what to think some say they tried it again the next day and it worked fine and was only an issue with hibernation others have said it could be a problem with the gpu I don't know what to do I will try and describe what happens below in as much detail as possible When plugged in the charging status light shows so it is not a problem with the adapter Also the same thing happens with just the battery just the charger or both in When the power button is pressed the power button and keyboard backlights come on briefly - seconds the wifi status light also comes on and fades off before the others I do not feel hear any heat or sound coming from anywhere on the laptop it doesn't appear to be trying to start at all The exact same thing will happen if I press the overclock button Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks a lot in advance Usually this is something I'd try to figure out myself but I am truly stuck Thanks in advance for any help

A:Asus G73JH-BST7 won't start.

If there is more than one stick of Ram installed, remove all except one and attempt to boot, alternate Ram and attempt again.
Chances are it will be the Motherboard, but could be faulty Ram.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/asus-g73jh-bst7-wont-start-916234.html
Relevancy 72.24%

So I got my laptop years ago It has ALWAYS had issues either with gray SOD s black SOD s blue SOD s other forms of crashing graphics driver updates Catalyst Control Center etc I just recently started up a game of Starcraft II bumped the settings to medium obviously a system of this caliber should be able to run the game on AT LEAST high with a good FPS then it crashed with a black SOD in the first couple minutes when it wasn t demanding at all My friend and I took a look inside the system and cleaned out the fans only to note that they re running fine He then did some research and told me that I would need thermal paste or something to help cool the GPU because I have faulty thermal padding or something I m Constant please G73jh Issues, help! Asus not sure on that it s just approximately what he noted As of now I have CCC installed all the most updated drivers Asus G73jh Constant Issues, please help! the most recent BIOS update etc In-game I believe the GPU is running temps in the Asus G73jh Constant Issues, please help! high s low s and is high s idling I m no computer wiz I just know some of this stuff cause my friend laid it out for me recently so sorry if my explanations are a bit sub-par If you need any more info please don t hesitate to ask Thanks nbsp

A:Asus G73jh Constant Issues, please help!

bump. I'd appreciate anything you guys have to offer haha

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-g73jh-constant-issues-please-help.1055708/
Relevancy 72.24%

I've been working on this webcam issue of mine for about the past five hours now. I've literally gone through, deleted off Lifeframe, Virtual Camera, Smart Logon, downloaded the drivers and keep getting an error "USB2.0 UVC VGA/1.3m/2.0M WebCam" every time I try running any of the drivers for it. I'm frustrated because I just installed a new one thinking my old one was perhaps defective. I've checked BIOS and haven't seen anything in reference to webcam, there's no imaging devices section in my Device Manager and I'm just completely confused as to what the heck is wrong.

If I can put any more information to be more assisting in my issue I will but for now this is all I've got.

A:Asus G73jh Webcam Not Detected

You could invest in one of these:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826193044

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-g73jh-webcam-not-detected.191948/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi.
I had my laptop for about a year and a half and I never had a issue with it. Recently, I bought battlefield 3 and updated the drivers for it to work. When that was done, I decided that it would be a good idea to clean out all the dust for everything to run nice and smooth... So I sprayed the laptop with the appropriate spray, plugged it back in and started playing. Ever since then, every time I start my laptop, it freezes after about 15 minutes of use and I need to shut it down manually. I tried to install the old drivers but with no luck... it still freezes... I have a friend that cleaned his laptop about 2 weeks ago and he had the same problem... does anyone know whats wrong and have a solution!?!?

Thx!

A:G73jh Asus laptop freezes every 15 minutes...

"So I sprayed the laptop with the appropriate spray"...

what was the appropriate spray, and where did you spray it? On the keyboard? In the fan vents?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/g73jh-asus-laptop-freezes-every-15-minutes.175385/
Relevancy 71.81%

Before I go out and drive issue? G73JH Asus hard get a new HD I want to make sure I pressed the F button on startup to get into Asus recovery tool not thinking it would actually still be there the laptop is a few years old and Windows has been reinstalled multiple times and HD formatted When the screen came up I immediately hit cancel and restarted so I could do a backup Windows wouldn t boot Message came up saying something about a boot error I put Asus G73JH hard drive issue? in the Windows repair disc and ran all the tests and nothing changed after doing this several times the repair disc wouldn t read anymore Asus G73JH hard drive issue? so I tried doing another fresh install and this popped up every time I turn on the computer see attatched image below The BIOS still detects the HD and so does the windows installation dosc but I keep getting this code screen when I boot from hd Is this a sign that my hd is dead Wouldn t nothing work if it was a drive failure and wouldn t it not detect the hard drive also I can still get into command prompt from the repair disc is there a command i can use to check or fix anything nbsp

A:Asus G73JH hard drive issue?

The image attached with the random blocks and letters, wouldn't indicate a HDD fault. A faulty HDD wouldn't cause gibberish output on the display. A display issue of that sort typically indicates a faulty video chipset, RAM, or the power supply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-g73jh-hard-drive-issue.1154184/
Relevancy 71.81%

I have just gotten a new 3rd party replacement battery for my Asus ROG laptop and I plug in the AC adapter to charge it up, and it clearly tells me that the battery is charging but the battery level does not budge from 0% charge. I even have an app that shows me the charge going into the battery (around 3000 mW) but the actual power level absolutely won't change. Please help me, this is frustrating.

A:Replacement Asus ROG G73JH battery won't charge.

Could be a defective battery especially if its a 3rd party battery. Have you contacted the company who sold you the battery?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replacement-asus-rog-g73jh-battery-wont-charge.1124875/
Relevancy 70.95%

My Asus laptop is displaying this behavior and it is progressively getting more frequent When I am done using the laptop Asus via restarted until G73JH repeatedly windows hangs I click shut down wait until all fan noises have stopped and all lights are out I then close the lid and unplug the power adapter When I go to restart the unit it I plug it in then wait for the power icon to illuminate and push the power button It will show me the starting windows screen Asus G73JH repeatedly hangs until restarted via windows but never makes it to the log in screen I push and hold the power button Asus G73JH repeatedly hangs until restarted via windows until the unit turns off then push the power button again The computer now starts up to the log on screen and I can Asus G73JH repeatedly hangs until restarted via windows log in but if I do the computer locks up minutes into the session At this point I cannot Ctrl-Alt-Del move the pointer with the mouse or the touchpad The only thing that works is to manually turn it of via removal of the battery and adapter or pushing and holding the power button I was trying to get into setup one time while fighting this and at the log in screen I chose to restart the computer instead of logging in I then was distracted and the computer started up to the log on screen again I logged in and it works fine This does not happen every time I start the computer but it is becoming more frequent and more of a hassle I would appreciate any insight you can provide because I am stumped I have tried to update all my drivers and believe they are all up to date I do not have P P software or pirated software I do run VirtualBox and Windows Seven XP mode Windows Seven bit OEM but I upgraded to Professional immediately after purchasing System is about mo old Intel i Q GHz Video is ATI RADEON HD PCI VEN amp DEV A amp SUBSYS C amp REV

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/asus-g73jh-repeatedly-hangs-until-restarted-via-windows-545227.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Ok so I recently picked up this laptop from some guy for fairly cheap for some light gaming. But once I got it I noticed that the storage hard drive was only 100 gb and that the os drive is 530 gb. I've owned a few laptops and computers in the past and it has always been the other way around. Is it possible that when he wiped the computer and re-installed windows 7 that he screwed up the drivers? And what can I do to fix this if there is a way to fix it?

Sorry, put this in the wrong section also -_-"

A:Asus G73JH possible wrong hard drive swap

First on the 530 gb disk ..you can create a data partition..then transfer the data from the 100gb disk to this new partition that you created on 530 gb disk.. then.. using maricum image backup software .. make an image of the 530 gb(old) partition.. and restore it on the 100gb disk..now you can format the 530 gb (old partition and made it data partition too)

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/329583-asus-g73jh-possible-wrong-hard-drive-swap.html
Relevancy 51.6%

my laptop was having trouble whilst booting up. I can't recall what the error message was exactly but for some reason while booting the laptop would not recognize the drive with windows installed, so every time I would turn the laptop on, I would press esc while booting up and select 'windows boot manager', which seemed to fix the problem.

I then thought I could fix the problem permanently by entering bios and changing the boot order and changed it so 'windows boot manager' was number 1 on the boot order. However, when I go to turn the laptop on, the screen now stays black! The power button lights up, I can hear the hard drive working, and I know the screen isn't broken.

I think I could fix the problem by entering bios and resetting the settings but I can't see because the screen is blank! Can anyone help??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-k55vd-problem-black-screen.1103857/
Relevancy 51.6%

my asus netbook 1001 px is having a sreen problem. sometimes after hibernating, when i sign in and then plug in the battery charger the screen goes fuzzy and i have to turn the computer off to get it working again. if i plug in the battery charger before signing back in this does not happen. how can i fix this?

A:Asus netbook screen problem after hibernation

Try reinstalling or updating the video driver

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-netbook-screen-problem-after-hibernation.162199/
Relevancy 51.6%

Ok, so I threw together an Asus P5L-MX mobo, an Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 processor, and a few other basic components from my old pc. The psu is a 430w Thermaltake.

After I first turned on the system, I hear it beep, and it goes to a fatal error. I found out I forgot to plug in the hdd. Ok, so I fix it and restart. I get some sort of overclocking/voltage error. I can't remember the exact error. I restart and then I get a super fast blue screen. I mean it flashes by so fast I can't read anything.

Now the system boots to the "windows was not shut down properly" screen, and no matter what I choose, it always repeats the fast blue screen, and goes back to the not shut down properly screen.

This is very frustrating. Anyone have any ideas?

Relevancy 51.17%

Recently my laptop was having trouble whilst booting up. I can't recall what the error message was exactly but for some reason while booting the laptop would not recognise the drive with windows installed, so every time I would turn the laptop on, I would press esc while booting up and select 'windows boot manager', which seemed to fix the problem.

I then thought I could fix the problem permanently by entering bios and changing the boot order and changed it so 'windows boot manager' was number 1 on the boot order. However, when I go to turn the laptop on, the screen now stays black! The power button lights up, I can hear the hard drive working, and I know the screen isn't broken.

I think I could fix the problem by entering bios and resetting the settings but I can't see because the screen is blank! Can anyone help??

A:ASUS K55VD problem - Black Screen on boot up

Please do not start multiple threads on the same topic. Continue here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-k55vd-problem-black-screen-on-boot-up.1103859/
Relevancy 51.17%

I'm having a PROBLEM with the screen on my Asus G60JX constantly turning off ALL the Time. Last night I went to "Power Options" to see if I still had the screen selected to NEVER turn off, & I do. If I shake my mouse the screen will come back for about 30 seconds, Then shuts off AGAIN?? This is Very Frustrating for it NEVER happened before! If Anyone has run into the same problem, would you Please let me know & also how you aleviated the problem?
Thank You, IraC18

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-the-screen-turning-off-on-my-asus-g60jx-notebook.1092710/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi All,

I have an ASUS 1015CX-BLK024W netbook running Win 7 Home Premium. I want to increase the screen resolution but when I go to the Control Panel to adjust it, the maximum available to me is 800x600. If I read them correctly, the specs say it can go up to 1024x600. I updated the graphic driver but the resolution is still limited to 800x600.

Any way to fix this? Do I need to change something in the registry?

I searched on Google and in this forum and didn't find any relevant links. I also tried to join the Asus Support Forum, but their registration system isn't working.

Thanks,

Advait

A:ASUS 1015CX-BLK024W netbook screen resolution problem

Try doing it this way.
Right click on desktop and go to screen resolution. Select what you can and ok your way out
Then right click on your desktop again and select Refresh.
----
Have you scanned your computer for infections? If so what programs did you use?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/268307-asus-1015cx-blk024w-netbook-screen-resolution-problem.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I had my Asus laptop for a while now then I restarted it but stay on the windows 10 but now it loads on ASUS IN SEARCH OF INCREDIBLE then turns black then shuts off then turns on and does the same thing until I turn it off but when I turn it back on it does the same thing somebody help me also my battery is built in so I can't take it out

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3134938/hard-asus-laptop-loading-asus-search-incredible-black-screen-shuts.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Greetings,

My almost 3 year old Asus X52 F3SV Notebook suddenly froze and shut itself down today. It will not boot past the 'Asus' logo screen. The furthest it got was 'loading windows', but quickly rebooted once that screen showed up.
It has been running quite hot lately, but i cleaned the fan out last weekend, and it had been running without problem since then.
I'm running Windows Vista Premium, with no other real problems until now, with up to date windows updates and regular Spybot and anti-virus scans.
There were random multicoloured lines running through the Asus screen on the first reboot after freezing. Could it be my graphics card? (Nvidia 8600m). I did not hear any crackling/popping sounds, so I really hope it's not dead yet.
I've looked around these forums, but couldn't find a similar problem/solution.

Thank you.

A:Asus x52 F3SV notebook not booting past Asus screen

Try running Bios defaults

This settings area can be called:
Bios Setup
CMOS Settings
System Setup
even just Setup
You can enter it by pressing the keyboard key that is displayed on your screen when first turning on your computer
Its sometimes:
A Fn Button like F1, or F2, or F10 or some other Fn key
DEL key
(whatever the computer states on screen when you first turn on your computer)
Once in Bios Setup, locate Setup Defaults (sometimes called Optimized Defaults)
Apply it, then Save and Exit Bios Settings (which is usually F10, but it will tell you in the Bios Settings screen)

If that doesn't help try reming and re-seating your Ram cards (even your hard drive)
You can download your Manual to find the locations of these components, but they are usually located under the laptop, under the covers

If it is your Video card (onboard) then that was be a big concern
You may need to locate the disassemble guide online, then blow out all internal dust

It may also require a CheckDisk scan
You can read HERE on how to do that outside Windows

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-x52-f3sv-notebook-not-booting-past-asus-screen.138116/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi Guys,

I have an ASUSP4S800-MX Motherboard and it's showing 2 CPU's at the post screen and will not boot. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Taran.

A:ASUS P4S800MX Problem - Showing 2 CPU's and will not boot past post screen

How far does it get and does it show any error messages? Or any beeps?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p4s800mx-problem-showing-2-cpus-and-will-not-boot-past-post-screen.91705/
Relevancy 50.31%

i brought two Asus VG248QE and everything was going fine then i tried to play a video on a media player that i can't remember the name (as i've uninstalled it now) of and then an error message from the screen popped up saying "Cable incorrect Please use Dual-Link DVI cable" as well as the screen going really pixelated i then yesterday tried to run dayz and i had the same problem i tried changing in game settings but it stayed the same i'm using two amd 7970 graphics cards instead of nvidia so i don't know if this is the problem or if i need a new cable but i'm not to sure what cable to get as i'm not to good with computers and thats why i am here
Thank you for taking the time to read this and i'll look forward to your replies

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-vg248qe-problem-when-playing-games-or-full-screen-video.1129003/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi Guys,
I'm new here. Bought this ASUS CM5571 6 months ago and like it a lot, except when every once in a while crashes , blue memory dump screen comes up for a few seconds ... not enough time to read the whole page.
Restarts... windows 7 finds no online solution for the problem. That's how I got here.
The crash is random. Sometimes nothing for weeks, sometimes 2-3 times a day. Little frustrating. I have another same model at my workplace with the same symptoms.

I attached the minidump.rar file for those who can read it....
Thanks for any help in advance

I don't know how to insert specifications from my profile here. Sorry!

A:ASUS CM5571 - Random Blue Screen Memory dump problem

You got lucky! Usually uploading just one minidump will result in a request for the rest of them (in the C:\Windows\Minidump folder). But it appears that the single minidump has identified the culprit.

It blames L1E62x64.sys - a driver component of your Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Ethernet Controller (NDIS6.20). It's most likely a driver problem, so let's try to remedy that first....

First, go to this link and download the driver under the "LAN" heading: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support- It's the one that's labeled " Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Ethernet Controller V1.0.0.37 for Windows 32/64 bit XP(WHQL). "
Then, uninstall your current drivers using Control Panel...Programs...Uninstall a program
Then install the freshly downloaded drivers and monitor for further BSOD's.

Here's a summary of the BSOD:

Code:
Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Sat May 29 09:13:32.177 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:22:28.128
BugCheck A, {fffff880054420a4, 2, 0, fffff80002c7f616}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for L1E62x64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for L1E62x64.sys
Probably caused by : L1E62x64.sys ( L1E62x64+76b8 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA
PROCESS_NAME: firefox.exe

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/88020-asus-cm5571-random-blue-screen-memory-dump-problem.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I've noticed recently my internet connections has been horrible, so i called my isp to complain. This opened up a whole new can of worms. Every device in the house: my girlfriends laptop, my phone and a few other mobile devices all have a download speed of 30mbps- 40mbps. my laptop, connected to the LAN gets anywhere from 70kbps to 11 mbps. Ive updated my drivers, adjusted my power settings, turned off QoS and even did a reimage.  no change! when I open up the status of the adapter, the speed says 1.0 Gbps. spec below I'm stumped and could use some help!  Thanks in advance! Specs: Asus G73jh I7 Q720 processor, 20gigs ram windows 7 home premium x64, atheros ar8131 pci-e network adapter driver version: 2.1.0.21, wifi adapter atheros ar9285: 2.0.0.74, amd redian hd 5800 series video card.Edit: Moved topic from Internal Hardware to the more appropriate forum, due to log requested in post #20 of this thread. ~ Animal

A:G73JH Slow download speed

Minitoolbox scan.

Please download Minitoolbox  and run it.
Checkmark following boxes:
Flush DNS
Reset FF proxy Settings
Reset Ie Proxy Settings
Report IE Proxy Settings
Report FF Proxy Settings
List content of Hosts
List IP configuration
List Winsock Entries
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
List Devices (problems only)
Click Go and post the result.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/618329/g73jh-slow-download-speed/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have three dump files of a laptop I have been trying to fix Here is what I have been able to determine G73jh under card BSOD video - usage. what happens as a roadmap Two are from running TERA the most recent one is from running Furmark - - dmp This means the computer has crashed under both DirectX and OpenGL environments It's an ASUS g jh The specs are at this link Http valid canardpc com show oc php id Unfortunately this laptop doesn't have the original CDs I still however can get copies of required software if it comes to that This was an ebay sell This is making it G73jh - BSOD under video card usage. very difficult to get G73jh - BSOD under video card usage. drivers for other devices on the laptop This laptop is not being overclocked It has been left overnight with me so I can try suggestions and I can extend this time frame as necessary Any time the video card comes under usage League of Legends TERA Furmark the laptop monitor will flicker for a fraction of a second I assume this is TDR working and eventually it will go to a black-white vertical pinstripe screen for a few seconds and then ultimately BSOD I assume this is TDR finally failing Drivers have been reinstalled and completely reinstalled at least twice The catalyst version is mobile I'd like to try a mobile - are off limits I'm open for suggestions and completely stumped This laptop is apparently brand new and out-of-the box it looks it and acts it for the most part anyway

A:G73jh - BSOD under video card usage.

Quote:
Re your stop-0x116...
"It's not a true crash, in the sense that the bluescreen was initiated only because the combination of video driver and video hardware was being unresponsive, and not because of any synchronous processing exception".

Since Vista, the "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) components of the OS video subsystem have been capable of doing some truly impressive things to try to recover from issues which would have caused earlier OSs like XP to crash.

As a last resort, the TDR subsystem sends the video driver a "please restart yourself now!" command and waits a few seconds.

If there's no response, the OS concludes that the video driver/hardware combo has truly collapsed in a heap, and it fires off that stop 0x116 BSOD.

If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating.

Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU.

Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference.

If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling.

I would download cpu-z and gpu-z (both free) and keep an eye on the video temps

STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/228640-g73jh-bsod-under-video-card-usage.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Just put this system splash w/ screen Shows Freeze. Asus "asus" A7V400MX then 2400+ sempron together last night all the drives cd HDD s are from a previous computer but the mobo cpu and ram kingston mhz mb are new Entire system contents w power supply mitsumi quot i think quot came with case years ago asus a v onboard sound vid network AMD sempron ghz retail w fan kingston mhz mb pc no add in pci or agp x GB HDD x cd one burner and floppy the problem after Asus A7V400MX w/ sempron 2400+ Shows "asus" splash screen then Freeze. installing everything I turned the computer on it turns on then off and back on as others on this board have mentioned to be normal for this board but then the it starts to post but doesnt even get past the Asus A7V400MX w/ sempron 2400+ Shows "asus" splash screen then Freeze. quot splash asus a v screen quot then it just hangs indefinetly suspiciou on the quot splash screen quot it shows press tab to show post and press alt F to flash bios but niether gives any response Ctrl Alt Del does reset the comp only to bring me back to the same spot a little frustrated thinking possible power supply unit or even processor It does beep once short and then stops and I ve tried the FSB jumpers set to and mhz both with the same result I even tried clearing the CMOS with no change not a big suprise since its never been used please help THANK YOU nbsp

A:Asus A7V400MX w/ sempron 2400+ Shows "asus" splash screen then Freeze.

common problems

well, first off. The beep you heard is natural. It means that the POST (power on self test) went through sucessfully! you might need to check the processor. Sometimes, processors can cause a bad instruction to activate, which causes your computer to freeze. The powersupply also could be an important factor. You should turn the computer on with the least amount of things. for example... (motherboard, 1 stick of ram, processor, harddrive, and the powersupply) doing this will limit what could be wrong and make it easier to troubleshoot. I would definetly check the processor, and even possibly the memory. hope this helps!

"from a person's perspective"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a7v400mx-w-sempron-2400-shows-asus-splash-screen-then-freeze.18032/
Relevancy 46.87%

Started getting random BSOD

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Regards

A:BSOD G73JH ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x75BC0) BCC: 0x3B (0xC0000005,

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.3.9600.16384 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\YUSRA\Downloads\Compressed\ASUSTEK-Fri_02_06_2015_123020_07\020615-262253-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

************* Symbol Path validation summary **************
Response Time (ms) Location
Deferred SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.18247.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`0325d000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`034a06d0
Debug session time: Fri Feb 6 23:20:24.720 2015 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 1 days 2:26:06.546
Loading Kernel Symbols

Press ctrl-c (cdb, kd, ntsd) or ctrl-break (windbg) to abort symbol loads that take too long.
Run !sym noisy before .reload to track down problems loading symbols.

Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff80003383c9f, fffff88004b4bc90, 0}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiIdentifyPfn+26f )

---------

1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
An exception happened while executing a system service routine.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff80003383c9f, Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck
Arg3: fffff88004b4bc90, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.

Debugging Details:
------------------

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

FAULTING_IP:
nt!MiIdentifyPfn+26f
fffff800`03383c9f f0410fba6e481f lock bts dword ptr [r14+48h],1Fh

CONTEXT: fffff88004b4bc90 -- (.cxr 0xfffff88004b4bc90;r)
rax=0000000000000001 rbx=02000000002d7f44 rcx=0400000000000020
rdx=000000000043c609 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=fffffa8025b73ec8
rip=fffff80003383c9f rsp=fffff88004b4c670 rbp=fffffa8019e64910
r8=000000000032890a r9=0000000000000001 r10=0000000000000042
r11=0000058000000000 r12=fffff880009e9180 r13=0000000000000000
r14=61436d4d02100010 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na po nc
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00010206
nt!MiIdentifyPfn+0x26f:
fffff800`03383c9f f0410fba6e481f lock bts dword ptr [r14+48h],1Fh ds:002b:61436d4d`02100058=????????
Last set context:
rax=0000000000000001 rbx=02000000002d7f44 rcx=0400000000000020
rdx=000000000043c609 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=fffffa8025... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/360494-bsod-g73jh-ntoskrnl-exe-nt-0x75bc0-bcc-0x3b-0xc0000005.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi there!

Can anyone tell me where I could get an LCD screen for an Asus A6M Laptop, a second hand one will do. I've tried ebay but to no avail.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-for-asus-a6m-lcd-screen.727452/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi,

I'm looking for a second hand Asus A6000 LCD screen,
I've tried on ebay but keep getting outbid.
Can anyone tell me of a good website to source
second hand laptop parts? I've just started my
own repair business.

Cheers.

Relevancy 40.85%

I have a asus f3f running wins xp when i turn it on it will not go into a window that i can only view if i keep pressing fn and f8 and i cant get into safe mode. The power light is on. Please help dont want to have to send it way.

A:Asus black screen

When you boot the comp, look at the screen it will tell you how to get into the Bios(might be setup) something like F1 or the DEL key. Reboot and press that key. It should then present you with a screen that you can set certain parts of the comp. Look for Hard disk diag or test. Run the test. you also have the Ram test , run that if the first test is OK.
If nothing is wrong back out and turn off the comp. Turn the comp upside down and look on the bottom to see if there is a RESET hole. If there is insert a straightend out paper clip and push it into the hole.
If that doesn't work call the manufacturer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/asus-black-screen-367673.html
Relevancy 40.85%

ok so the other night my computer was fine shut down normally etc then last night i tried to start on ASUS stuck PC screen up Fan starts BEEP lights on keyboard flash and the bluse ASUS screen comes up but it doesnt go any further i have tried pressing all of the keys PC stuck on ASUS screen on the keyvoard i think but nothing happens the cd rom drive will open and close I have up-to-date norton antivirus and microsoft spyware installed i dont want to lose everything on my computer by re-installing windows as i havent backed up for while and all my photos are on PC stuck on ASUS screen there DOH I dont understand it was fine I don't know much about computers I know how to use them but I dont know how to fix them AMD K ATHLON XP PLUS FSB MSI KM M-V SCKA DDR XAGP VGA SND LAN ATX I have an ATI Radeon maybe graphics card which has been in for a few months with no probs I recently added an ASUS TV card thig which has beenin a few weeks with no probs Most recently I added my old Epson photo printer for which i downloaded drivers form epson site it said it was the XP driver although I got a warning about it not being something or other and did I want to continue and so on i continued this was about a week or so ago and it has been working ok Its just odd as it was fine the night before and now it wont do a thing I am going home tonight with the printout of this link http www techsupportforum com comp c - html although it doesnt sound like quite the same thing as his screen goes blank but mine is just frozen or not doing anything if the are different I think I am going to try the XP disk and see if it can repair it please repair please repair please help

A:PC stuck on ASUS screen

You need to do a bit of troubleshooting -- take it one step at a time.

At first I thought you had an ASUS motherboard, but you don't. You have an MSI motherboard. The only ASUS product I see mentioned is the TV card, so why not remove it from the equation.

With your PC turned off, remove the ASUS TV card and then see if your PC boots. Reply back here with your findings so we can do further troubleshooting, if necessary.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-stuck-on-asus-screen-49124.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Attachment Attachment I just bought a brand new ASUS and have already gotten the blue screen The computer specs are as follows Windows bit Model ASUS CG Desktop Intel Core i CPU GHz GB RAM DDR I have installed Norton and Office to the computer and that is it I did notice that I will get a bluescreen most of the time i run a NEW - - Please help!! screen Blue already Asus full system scan through norton although I have gotten them without running a scan I have also tryed to update all of my hardware although im still unsure if NEW Asus - Blue screen already - Please help!! it is the latest I would like to be able to solve this problem and not pack up this computer and send it back although that day may be coming soon I have attached the files requested in the BSOD posting instructions and have also included my minidump log of the errors that my computer provides to me as it restarts Please help me Thanks for your time Alex

A:NEW Asus - Blue screen already - Please help!!

Completely Uninstall Norton 360 using the removal tool

Then reinstall the latest version

Update your Realtek driver
Realtek

Code:
RtNdPt60.sys fffff880`02326000 fffff880`02332000 0x0000c000 0x475dfad0 11/12/2007 06:49:52
Remove Asus AI booster/Manager(or any other similar tools), it uses an outdated driver

Code:
AsInsHelp64.sys fffff880`02b21000 fffff880`02b26000 0x00005000 0x477dc5ca 04/01/2008 09:36:10
You seem to be running an older version of Norton 360

Code:
SYMDS64.SYS fffff880`0106c000 fffff880`010da000 0x0006e000 0x4a89e942 18/08/2009 03:35:30
SYMEFA64.SYS fffff880`010ee000 fffff880`01129000 0x0003b000 0x4bcf727b 22/04/2010 01:47:39
SYMEVENT64x86.SYS fffff880`02cb0000 fffff880`02ce6000 0x00036000 0x4a849385 14/08/2009 02:28:21
SYMTDIV.SYS fffff880`02c3a000 fffff880`02cb0000 0x00076000 0x4bdfa4c3 04/05/2010 08:38:27

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/143527-new-asus-blue-screen-already-please-help.html
Relevancy 40.85%

i have a Asus 13.3 in touch screen laptop windows 8. I have had it for a few months now. I went to use it today and noticed the volume would not work. It is all the way up in the setting on my computer and the control on my screen help please!

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4030U CPU @ 1.90GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 69 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 6027 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, -1984 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 455320 MB, Free - 417444 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., Q302LA
Antivirus: Webroot SecureAnywhere, Updated and Enabled

A:Asus 13.3 in touch screen lap top

Press start, in the search bar type "Device manager" and choose it, once your in go to Sound, video and game controllers tab, do you see your sound card? does it have anything there that shouldn't be, like a yellow question mark? and what is the sound card model?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-13-3-in-touch-screen-lap-top.1149403/
Relevancy 40.85%

My wife s computer not this one - turn it on and the ASUS screen at screen ASUS PC stops comes PC stops at ASUS screen up and just stops The process turn on PC stops at ASUS screen looks like it tries the A drive and CD then HD before popping the ASUS screen but it just hangs at that screen I hit tab for the POST screen and then DEL to enter setup exit and save no changing allows the PC to boot up I had observed that the date and time was being lost when the machine is off I opened the box cleaned out dust mites dead aliens old electrons etc and installed a new battery Now it still does the same thing but loses some time It has lost about two hours in the last three days Checking configurations with the book the boot sequence looks OK and after the save and continue it boots up OK I haven t attempted to update bios It is a machine ASUS A V X-X Motherboard MB memory and I think a G processor The ASUS bios online reports it is a beta bios from Updating the bios is scary so I m looking to exhaust alternatives Any ideas thanks -b nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

when I first statup my computer in the morning the asus screen appears for about a second and then continues to boot up. However if I restart the pc later at night the asus screen stays on for around 5 seconds. Can anyone explain why this is?

I have a P5B Deluxe motherboard and Intel E6600 dual core processor.

Relevancy 40.85%

My son's ASus will not boot up. He said he held the power button while the computer was doing a disk check or ungrade. Now all we can get is a gray screen with an arrow. I saw something that said 0x0 error so I went to my computer and downloaded the repair tool onto a flashdrive but I don't know how to get the flashdrive to run. I am able to open the command prompt window but don't know what to type in to open the flashdrive to run it. I also downloaded avg in case it's a virus but again don't know how to make the program open and run?

A:Asus gray screen help

As long as your computer doesn't boots up normally , you can not open your flash drive and even can't access to command prompt.
So, the first step is to boot it up with your original DVD and then investigate what the problem is .
When your computer boots from DVD you can run command prompt or perform a startup repair from the menu.
Do you have your original windows DVD ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-gray-screen-help.1064984/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hey all.

I have an Asus N61J Laptop. I powered it up and did a full system restore (destructive recovery) walked away and came back to a black screen. So I restarted and now when I power it on either being plugged in or not all I get is a black screen. The capslock light is on, the numlock light is and it shows that its accessing the hard drive. There is no sound or beeps. I reseated the ram, I noticed it was overheating (turned itself off within seconds once after trying to turn it on) so I reapplied thermal compound to the gpu/cpu. No F keys work or delete to get into the bios. Just a black screen. I also checked the hard drive to ensure it was seated and it is. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Relevancy 40.42%

My Asus Laptop Model F5R will not boot up. I have tried holding down the F8 & 9 keys when starting but with no result, it gets as far as to instruct me to enter a boot up key 1 to 4 but all that comes up is "Recovery Not Finished"I have left it for quite a while but still no result. I have Windows 2008 and am not sure if this is the problem.

A:Asus will not boot up, black screen

asus recovery not finishhttp://is.gd/DQz1ix

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/asus-will-not-boot-up-black-screen/203376.html
Relevancy 40.42%

hey today i decided to go onto my computer and for some reason i cant get past the boot up screen. i Use an asus A8N-SLI ive tried pressing delete to enter setup and it still hasent done anything and i cant reformat it because i need to get past the boot up to do it. Please help

A:Frozen on Asus boot up screen

Try clearing the system's CMOS. To do this, you can either use the jumper, or remove the CMOS battery. When doing this, make sure there is no power going to the system.

If this doesn't work, the next step would be to start testing your hardware. The easiest place to start here would be testing your RAM sticks. If you have multiple sticks of RAM, take all but one module out of the machine. Test each of them one at a time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/frozen-on-asus-boot-up-screen.1003773/
Relevancy 40.42%

please help me when i turn on my monitor it says vga no signal, i dont have a graphic card, it was working fine b4 idk why it start happening now :/i tried to re plug the cable and that didnt work and everything else i can think of, please someone help me.

A:my screen asus monitor says vga no signal

did you push the wrong button on front and switch the input

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/283683-my-screen-asus-monitor-says-vga-no-signal.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I cant get past the asus screen at the start. I can access the bios but even with a bootable usb stick it won't open the usb key despite the priority. It just goes on a loop and constantly goes to the ASUS starting screen.

A:Cant get past the asus screen at the start

please see this from our welcome guide
When writing your question, please be as descriptive as possible.Click to expand...

to do what - load windows
what is the bootable usb - by that I mean what it is it booting to
Full model of the Asus please
Did it come with windows 10 installed
and all other relevant detail please

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-past-the-asus-screen-at-the-start.1169035/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi
Im using an ASUS laptop. I want to make a screen print but i cant find a direct key for this on my key pad. Could anybody point me in the right direction.
Ive tried control V as the V key has an image of a camera on it but this hasnt seems to work....
thank you

A:Screen printing key on ASUS laptop?

In most of the laptops and computers there is a a key called "Print Screen", which helps you in this process. This key is generally found along with the Home, End and Scroll Lock keys. I hope this solves the problem, if it dos not, provide me with the information regarding the ASUS laptop model number and also the operating system that you are using.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-printing-key-on-asus-laptop.146727/
Relevancy 40.42%

so i recentley bought a new pc, its less then a week old so imagine my horrror when i booyed it up today to see it stuck on the asus screen. i tried the usual unplug mains and leave 10 minutes, disconnect all usb cables like printers etc. nothing works, cant axcess bios or anything
any help appreciated

A:stuck on asus screen on reboot

Hi if it was me I would return it. have it exchanged. or fixed under warranty.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/390707-stuck-asus-screen-reboot.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I have an Asus X554LA-XX371H 15.6-inch Laptop which was dropped from my hand, Now the screen is cracked, suggest me how can I replace the screen myself, Is there any guide ? What should i do now to get help for my laptop screen repair ?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/asus-laptop-screen-repair-help-4610293/
Relevancy 40.42%

I have an asus A6J notebook about two years old. recently if I re-boot it hangs when the asus start up screen comes on. If I shut down completely and re start its ok. Any idea whats causing this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-start-screen-hangs.872407/
Relevancy 40.42%

I'm just so irritated right now.
I have been trying and trying to get rid of the screen saver that my netbook has. I go to change the settings the normal way and select [none] as my screen saver. I apply and close the window. But it won't change. I can go back to the window and it's back to the exact setting it's been on.
I uninstalled ASUSscreensaver. That blows too. Is there something I can do in regedit that will help me solve this problem?
Thanks.

A:How do I disable the screen saver on my ASUS?

Go to Control Panel, click Appearance and Personalization. then Personalization, and then click Screen Saver.

*To turn off all screen savers, under Screen Saver, click (None) in the drop-down list, and then click OK. ? or ? To turn on a screen saver, click a screen saver in the drop-down list, and then click OK.

That is the standard. now if that doesn't help, please post your computer model so that i can do some more research for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/364998-how-do-i-disable-screen-saver-my-asus.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello Forum, I need your help with my Laptop.. it's screen has gone very dark but it's not shut off. ASUS Laptops have a button on the keyboard that works as a switch to turn the LCD on and off, it's currently on right now but the monitor is still very dark, when I turn it off then back up in lights up for anywhere between 1 second and 10 seconds.

any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 40.42%

I found a thread from with my exact same EEPC screen ASUS come on won"t issue and had hoped to continue but it has expired Wanting to see if anyone has discovered the fix My ASUS EEPC ASUS EEPC screen won"t come on turns on and the screen looks backlit like it would if hooked up to an external monitor where the external monitor was being used as the primary display instead of cloning The computer appears to be working fine when hooked up to ASUS EEPC screen won"t come on an external monitor ASUS EEPC screen won"t come on but nothing works to get the attached screen working I ve tried all the settings in the Display section of COntrol Panel to no avail Bummer is that this happened when it was still under warranty but then it just randomly started working again so I assumed it was a user error on my part Next time I turned it on same problem again and now it is past warranty Any suggestions other than standing in line for Gek Squad bought it at Best Buy in nbsp

A:ASUS EEPC screen won"t come on

If you look closely at the screen can you see a very faint image?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-eepc-screen-won-t-come-on.1045953/
Relevancy 40.42%

To start off the 'dm log collector exe' will not even attempt to download No clue why but as far as I've found I have no dump files anyway I have gotten my custom build up and running Unfortunately not too screen after up 3 BSODs Throwing ASUS different it's fullest power and that is why I'm here I am trying to run my build for video editing purposes I have -core processors on a server MB At the time I was having many BSODs because of the fact that Windows did not want to run anymore than cores total I finally disabled all of Throwing up 3 different BSODs after ASUS screen them but so I could at least use the build But I am back here because I want to Throwing up 3 different BSODs after ASUS screen find out the problem as to why it won't let me run cores I have tried every Windows Windows Windows Windows Server amp and still it just throws up a BSOD if I run more than cores on any of them I get BSOD's RIGHT after my ASUS screen loads One each time it restarts BAD OBJECT HEADER REFERENCE BY POINTER PAGE FAULT IN A NONPAGED AREA Here are my specs if you could kindly help me out OS Windows Pro -bit CPU xIntel Xeon E GHz Sandy Bridge-EP EX nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard ASUS Z PE-D WS Socket-R GPU MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX EVGA Storage TB Seagate ST DM - SB C SATA GB Samsung SSD PRO SSD

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/55925-throwing-up-3-different-bsods-after-asus-screen.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Everytime I use Firefox and only firefox from what I'm noticing, my screen will flicker as if it's about to go out on my laptop.

This started approximately a month ago. I've downloaded the newer version of Firefox to see if this fixes the problem..

What could be causing this?

Thank you.

~Sarah

Model :Asus G72GX Gaming Laptop
RAM: 6 gigs
CPU: Intel Dual Core 2.56
Graphics Card: 1 gig

A:Flickering computer screen Asus G72

Well, since it only happens with Firefox, I would definitely recommend updating to the latest version (3.6.3 as of today).http://www.firefox.com/Let me know whether or not that fixes it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/322252/flickering-computer-screen-asus-g72/
Relevancy 40.42%

I recently purchased this brand new laptop Laptop Issues ASUS New Screen for light gaming web surfing audio editing I have it connected to a quot New ASUS Laptop Screen Issues Vizio LED TV which runs at Hz using HDMI The native resolution is x The computer is set to project to second screen only and in this mode it works fine I am able to do anything I want to do without interruption There is no lag and the computer's resources are not overwhelmed even when playing fullscreen D games from the computer However when I want to take my laptop away from the TV and go somewhere with it the screen on the laptop flashes on and off several times per minutes as if its trying to quot reset quot the resolution I have tried unplugging everything restarting checking every graphics setting I can find and I can't make it quit I paid nearly a grand for this thing and I want it to work right but I can't figure out what the problem is Anybody have any ideas what might be causing this and why

A:New ASUS Laptop Screen Issues

Hello rsteele1113 and welcome! The standard first question always has to be: have installed the latest drivers and BIOS? I see you have Intel HD graphics. Make sure you try the latest driver from Asus or try the latest at Intel site.

I notice in your system specs you have listed your laptop as a SonicMaster. That is the sound technology it is using, not the model. Do you know the model? You need that the search for the correct drivers.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/47441-new-asus-laptop-screen-issues.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello! Not sure if im posting in the right place sorry if im not! I have an asus g73j that is booting to a black screen with a blinking underscore in the top left. It was recently upgraded to windows 10. It became unstable then did this. I am able to get it into the flash utility but im not sure what to do from there. Any help would be sincerely appreciated!

A:Asus boots to black screen

Here's some repair/recovery/restore options (in this order):This presumes that you can access Startup Repair.1 - Startup Repair.  Run it 3 times, rebooting in between tries.2 - System Restore to a point before this started happening.3 - DISM/SFC repair (DISM doesn't work with W7, although SFC does)     Then please run the following DISM commands to see if there's any problems with the system (from an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt).  Press Enter after each one:    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth    FYI - I have repaired systems using the last command even though problems weren't found with the first 2 - so I suggest running them all.    From this article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh824869.aspx    You can also run sfc.exe /scannow from an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt to check for further corruption. 4 - RESET using the "Keep My Files" option (W8 calls this a REFRESH; W7 and earlier doesn't have this function)5 - Repair install of the OS (Thanks to FreeBooter!):    "How To Perform a Repair Installation For Windows 8, 8.1 and 10"    https://www.winhelp.us/non-destructive-reinstall-of-windows-8-and-8-1.html    "How to Do a Repair Install to Fix Windows 7"    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3413-repair-install.html    "How To Perform a Repair Installation For Vista"    http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/88236-repair-install-vista.html    "Non-destructive reinstall of Windows XP"    https://www.winhelp.us/non-destructive-reinstall-of-windows-xp.html 6 - RESET using the "Remove Everything" option (W8 calls this a RESET; W7 and earlier doesn't have this function)If using W7 or earlier, this can be accomplished by resetting the system by use of the recovery partition/recovery disks/recovery drive.If you don't have them, you can usually order them from the OEM manufacturer of your system ( US points of contact here:  http://www.carrona.org/recdisc.html )7 - Wipe and reinstall from the Recovery Partition (if so equipped)8 - Wipe and reinstall from Recovery Media - to include deleting all partitions.If you don't have them, you can usually order them from the OEM manufacturer of your system ( US points of contact here:  http://www.carrona.org/recdisc.html )

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/620443/asus-boots-to-black-screen/
Relevancy 40.42%

Black screen of death from dad'said desktop Asus Essential cm1630 AMD Athlon II X2 220 / 2.8 GHz
Windows 7 Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
I think this virus related, either an attempted ransom ware or file compression virus, but who knows
Typical bKsod, computer boots looks like windows is loading, but screen goes dark with white arrow cursor
F8 boots allow Task Manager to run
"All New task run" end with Windows task maker has stopped working messages, close program is only option
I have tried f8
Repair your computer system repair
"No restore points have been created
Start up repair
Startup repair could not find a problem
Command prompt
Sfc /Scannow
There is a system repair pending which requires reboot to continue
Requires a reboot which cancels the sfc
Tried F8
Enabled boot logging
Enabled low resolution video
Last known good configuration
Directory services restore mode
Debugging mode
Screen still black

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/627605/asus-black-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 40.42%

About a month Ago i got a computer virus that wont boot me into Windows 7. When i turn of my computer, it starts up with the computer logo, then freezes to a black screen with a blinking underscore in the top left hand corner not processing anything. I can't even go into safe mode, and Alt-Ctrl-Delete just restarts it. The most i can do is enter boot mode by pressing F2 and enter ASUS express Gate just fine. Does anyone have any tips or solutions for this? It would be very much appreciated by me and my family.

A:ASUS Black screen of death.

About a month Ago i got a computer virus that wont boot me into Windows 7.Did you run any scans that made system unbootable?Do you have your windows 7 DVD ? can you insert it and see if you can boot into recovery console?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/466826/asus-black-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 40.42%

About a month Ago i got a computer virus that wont boot me into Windows 7. When i turn of my computer, it starts up with the computer logo, then freezes to a black screen with a blinking underscore in the top left hand corner not processing anything. I can't even go into safe mode, and Alt-Ctrl-Delete just restarts it. The most i can do is enter boot mode by pressing F2 and enter ASUS express Gate just fine. Does anyone have any tips or solutions for this? It would be very much appreciated by me and my family.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/466828/asus-black-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 40.42%

So I got a problem with my Asus laptop pc screen. up laptp Messed Asus model GL VW-T T where the screen will flicker from normal to messed up as seen in the Picture I can fix this however by installing or reinstalling the lastest Geforce driver update but the problem still occur eventually and it Always happends when starting the computer not in any other way When this problem occurs the computer will start with the asus logo looking as usual Messed up Asus laptp pc screen. then the creen will go black for a second and then the messed up screen appears btw the screen goes black when the screen is noral as well so I am not saying it has somthing to do Messed up Asus laptp pc screen. with it just explaining when it happends Anyway when I say the screen is flickering I mean it's flickering when I am running a program moving my mouse pressing buttons or doing about anything but when I do absoloutly nothing the screen will stay messed up I asked for help in this allredy from the support and thay say it is a windows problem and that I should reconfigure reboot restart or whatever it's called the pc so it will be like when I first got it which I am planning to do just Messed up Asus laptp pc screen. wanna post this to make sure there are not other way to fix this before doing so thanks in advance

Relevancy 40.42%

about that beginning of frozen screen pink Asus my computer started to freeze on startup on the mobo screen it happened now and there but now its just constant hopefully someone can help heres a picture here is the latest hijack this log i can access Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security egui exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security ekrn exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Asus pink screen frozen Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C Program Files user HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper - DF Asus pink screen frozen C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO flashget urlcatch - F -AA - B - F D- A B E EF - C Program Files USER FlashGet jccatch dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Asus pink screen frozen Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO FlashGet GetFlash Class - F E- EF- C- - BA DBA - C Program Files USER FlashGet getflash dll O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe O - HKLM Run egui quot C Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security egui exe quot hide waitservice O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run WMPNSCFG C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce nltide rundll advpack dll LaunchINFSectionEx nLite inf C N User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce nltide rundll advpack dll LaunchINFSectionEx nLite inf C N User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce nltide rundll advpack dll LaunchINFSectionEx nLite inf C N User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT RunOnce nltide rundll advpack dll LaunchINFSectionEx nLite inf C N User Default user O - Extra context menu item amp Download All with FlashGet - C Program Files USER FlashGet jc all htm O - Extra context menu item amp Download with FlashGet - C Program Files USER FlashGet jc link htm O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - e f - f - d - - ff ffc f - no file O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button FlashGet - D E A -E C - d - D - BA E - C Program Files USER FlashGet FlashGet exe O - Extra Tools menuitem FlashGet - D E A -E C - d - D - BA E - C Program Files USER FlashGet FlashGet exe O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC MUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com microsof O - Service ESET HTTP Server EhttpSrv - ESET - C Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security EHttpSrv exe O - Service ESET Service ekrn - ESET - C Program Files ESET ESET Smart ... Read more

A:Asus pink screen frozen

Ok well i finally was able to get my computer to fully boot up. i guess i got lucky. i did scanning and found nothing with eset, malware antibytes, trojan remover and advance system protector.
here is a recent hijack this log
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 7:46:17 PM, on 5/19/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMax4PNP.exe
C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\egui.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\ekrn.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
C:\Program Files\user\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 127.0.0.1:8118
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Link Helper - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: flashget urlcatch - {2F364306-AA45-47B5-9F9D-39A8B94E7EF7} - C:\Program Files\USER\FlashGet\jccatch.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: FlashGet GetFlash Class - {F156768E-81EF-470C-9057-481BA8380DBA} - C:\Program Files\USER\FlashGet\getflash.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAXPnP] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMax4PNP.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [egui] "C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\egui.exe" /hide /waitservice
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WMPNSCFG] C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [nltide_3] rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSectionEx nLite.inf,C,,4,N (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\RunOnce: [nltide_3] rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSectionEx nLite.inf,C,,4,N (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\RunOnce: [nltide_3] rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSectionEx nLite.inf,C,,4,N (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\RunOnce: [nltide_3] rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSectionEx nLite.inf,C,,4,N (User 'Default user')
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Download All with FlashGet - C:\Program Files\USER\FlashGet\jc_all.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Download with FlashGet - C:\Program Files\USER\FlashGet\jc_link.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROG... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-pink-screen-frozen.828473/
Relevancy 40.42%

It started with the Asus Live update Tool that made my screen stretched. I have removed the update tool already but can not get my original resolution to return. I manually downloaded the drivers from Asus's Support site since Windows can not find any stating "It's up to date." I do not know how to get the drivers installed. The resolution is at 1280x1024 which is the highest it will allow me to set it at. Most of my games will not run and if they do the game screen is 1/16 the size of the actual screen. Please help me resolve this issue.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit on an Asus G74S.

A:Asus Screen resolution won't go higher.

I figured it out! Thanks anyway xD

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/231852-asus-screen-resolution-wont-go-higher.html
Relevancy 40.42%

This has happened to 4 different computers that I have encountered in the last 10 months.

One was a Windows 7 computer, the others Windows 10

They all have ASUS mobo and freeze at the ASUS F2/Del screen on startup

If I remove the hard drive, the system boots to BIOS ok
If I put the hard drive in a system that was working fine, the F2/Del freeze issue happens
If I put a known good hard drive in the system with the freeze issue, it starts fine

I have tried the CMOS battery reset
I replaced the mobo on one system
I tested different RAM on one system
No success

If I connect the hard drive to another computer using a USB enclosure, it is readable and I can copy files; just won't boot

Thinking maybe the Windows is corrupt or has some weird virus. Any suggestions to try to fix without having to reformat and reinstall Windows and programs?

Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/630286/asus-freezes-at-f2-del-screen-on-startup/
Relevancy 40.42%

Specs ASUS G VX Initially it had Windows but upgraded to black gives I'm stuck Asus screen, Windows several months ago Okay This problem has been happening the past months giving a handful of different error codes and Asus gives black screen, I'm stuck the dreadful Automatic Repair loop I can send in my laptop to Asus for repair but I want to keep it as a last resort Initially this problem occured when my computer suddenly froze forcing me to hold down the power button to shut down Upon booting it back on The black screen pops up with nothing happening for few minutes then starting Automatic Repair black screen again and repeat From the various error codes the one thing they have in common is Asus gives black screen, I'm stuck that the files are Asus gives black screen, I'm stuck missing or contain errors noticeably system files Another thing I see that s never changed is that they only occur when I force shut down the computer or a BSOD which I got once from a KERNAL DATA INPAGE ERROR just yesterday Sometimes though luck more of restarting the computer over and over I escape the Automatic Repair loop and changes to quot Diagnosing your PC quot It then fixes a bunch of stuff although nothing I can recognize from the file names it s a bunch of random letters with dashes similar to a serial code Afterwards the computer boots up like normal although another problem has arisen From that day whenever the computer boots up normally the disk usage spikes up to and lags the computer out This lasts a few minutes to an hour so I wait it out I tried finding what creates this problem but no program on task manager has come up And so from the BSOD I got yesterday my computer was in an automatic repair loop I tried accessing safe mode by holding F wait minutes for it to load and hitting safe mode but it fails to boot up I installed a Windows installation media on a USB Using that I accessed BIOS and tried reinstalling Windows but gave a compatibility error So I clicked quot Repair your computer quot and these are the various things I did I tried resetting my PC and refreshing but says the drive partition is missing I tried going to command prompt and typed in the commands -bootrec fixBCD -bootrec fixboot -bootrec fixMBR -chkdsk C r f x All went successful and found no errors But the problem persists I also tried going to Automatic Repair which was one of the options it lasted hours but at the end it just gave a black screen I tried Automatic Repair again but said it couldn t find the problem As of now it seems that the Automatic Repair loop has stopped Whenever I turn on my computer currently it gives minutes of a black screen the Republic of Gamers logo pops up then gives me a blue screen of error code xc The only thing that works that I ve explored are the BIOS and command prompt I don t know what else to do nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

Stop: 0X400080
(0X8AI96AD0, 0X89646698, 0XBACD3F2C, 0X00000001
Beginning dump of physical memory. Physical memory dump complete. Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

This has happened twice in the last weak. Computer is 3months old, first time when it happened i was using MSoffice (computer was not connected to the internet) and was working fine, the blue screen went on and the upper message appeared.
Second time a couple days later i was on the internet using gmail and the same thing happend.

please help me

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-asus-laptop-blue-screen.952291/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello, i bought a new PC with the following configuration :

-Asus P5Q-SE2, Socket 775
-Kingston 2x2048MB DDR2, 800MHz
-Intel® CoreTM2 Quad Q8400 2.68GHz, socket 775 Box
-NVIDIA GeForce 9800GT, 1GB, DDR3, 64bit, PCI-E
-HDD Seagate Barracuda 500GB, 7200RPM, 16MB, SATA
-PSU iCute 500W, ATX

After installing win 7 Ultimate 32-bit was getting lots of bsod.I have update all the drivers (and validated its with DriverNet) and still got bsod.

I have go around with my problem, and do some basic test. I have used Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool to test the memory one by one, and no error found.

But when both off memory stick installed on Slot A1 & Slot B1, memtest produce error. I have dmp file and CPU-ID log as attached.

Please Help.

Relevancy 40.42%

Hi, as the title says really, when i turn on my asus netbook nothing happens on the screen at all.
But the lights do come on ( as seen in attachment )

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Relevancy 39.99%

I've had this ASUS Q550LF laptop for a couple years now and it has been working perfectly. Today I have noticed at seemingly random times, the screen will flicker with a pink color. It first happened while I was watching videos, I restarted it and it seemed fine again but about 30 minutes later while I was on facebook the screen flickered pink once more. I think it may be a graphics card problem but I'm not sure, and I'm not sure how to go about checking or finding out the problem. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/laptop-support/129394-flickering-pink-screen-asus-laptop.html
Relevancy 39.99%

My new Asus f555la-us71 signature edition laptop will no longer turn on after performing an update. The lights are on, it makes noise, and the optical disk drive works, but the screen is black. There's no booting screen. The battery is non-removable, so a hard reset that way is not an option.

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3135032/asus-f555la-black-screen-computer.html
Relevancy 39.99%

On my Asus R2H I have build 7057 installed.

Every now and then (I haven't pin pointed if it is a specific event that triggers is) my touch screen stops working as touch screen. It does everything, it only doesn't respond to touch.
If I restart, put the machine to standby, shut down and start it again everything is fine again.

I have no clue what might have been changed recently!

Does somebody recognize this?

A:Asus R2H touch screen stops working

Check to see if the touch device is set to allow Windows to turn it off to save power (a usual setting for things like USB slots, NICs, etc.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/17919-asus-r2h-touch-screen-stops-working.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi guys For about months now I've been putting up with my laptop having screen difficulties as I've just been connecting flickering Asus laptop screen issues it up to a external screen using a VGA cable The basis of my situation is that anything displayed on my laptop screen doesn't display the right colours - they all have a gray tinge to them and it frequently flashes when i try to alter the screen move it up and down I've tried many things to resolve my issue fn C for asus splendid technology to alter the display adjusted the screen graphics adjusted the intel graphics I've been floating around different forums and they haven't been able to help The laptops gray flickering tinge does NOT transfer onto Asus laptop screen flickering issues my external screen It's NOT always like this the screen doesn't start having difficulties with colour until i alter the screen Asus laptop screen flickering issues move it up or down or start running various programs games The laptop itself is about years old and the warranty has run out so i cannot use it I'm aware it could be a internal graphics card issue as the screen flickers when I move the screen On a side note around months ago i connected a new Samsung screen which i am now using around that time this issue started occurring I'm just wondering if there's something i can try before I need to take it to someone to repair it for me Thank you very much

A:Asus laptop screen flickering issues

Lose cable. If you are comfortable talking your laptop apart then go ahead. and try re-seating the cable connections, secure them tightly to the connections, if that doesn't work then determine from there weather you need a new cable or screen.
If you do not feel comfortable talking it apart then take it to a local shop.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/65647-asus-laptop-screen-flickering-issues.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Ok there are two problems with the release preview of Windows The first and most important is it can t connect to wifi I am thinking a driver issue because I am dual booting with a linux distro and it connects fine It finds my router fine and I type in the key and it says can not connect Ethernet works fine and I did updates through Asus connecting eee wifi screen PC to not and resolution low! too ethernet but still no wifi I tried installing Asus eee PC not connecting to wifi and screen resolution too low! drivers that came on a disk for XP but they didn t work Also a problem that isn t bothering me that much the screen resolution is x which it needs to be a minimum of x so some applications don t work chrome and windows explorer work good so I am not desperate for a fix I have heard there is a fix by installing a Asus eee PC not connecting to wifi and screen resolution too low! different driver but I think that Asus eee PC not connecting to wifi and screen resolution too low! only worked on the customer preview And finally will Windows fix the screen resolution problem I have only been using windows for a few hours but it is really nice on my under powered netbook smoother than XP If they do I will put a touch screen in it and turn it into a awesome piece of kit Thanks nbsp

A:Asus eee PC not connecting to wifi and screen resolution too low!

The odds that an XP wireless driver will work with Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8 is about zero (maybe less). If Windows 8 did not install one then try the latest Windows 7 driver.

And finally will Windows fix the screen resolution problem?Click to expand...

No; that's a function of your screen, display card and driver.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-eee-pc-not-connecting-to-wifi-and-screen-resolution-too-low.1060405/
Relevancy 39.99%

When I start my pc it gets stuck on the ASUS mobo splash screen. I cant even get into my BIOS. I cleared the CMOS. POST is one beep which should be good. I even went as far as connecting the hd from the bad system as a 2nd hd on a working system and it wouldnt boot as well. Wont even boot to Windows XP System disk.
Here's are list of components on my system:

ASUS A7N8X mobo
Samsung 1gb PC2700 RAM
ATI Radeon 9800 graphics card
WD HD WD1200BB
AMD Athlon XP +3500 CPU

any help would be greatly appreciated
Fäntom

:blackeye:

A:PC stuck on ASUS mobo splash screen

What happens with just the motherboard, memory, and video card installed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-stuck-on-asus-mobo-splash-screen.45389/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have an ASUS N JV series laptop Everything was totally fine until I decided to re-partition the internal hard drive so the main partition had more data and added a few smaller partitions for a future OS I m wanting to install Basically what happens now since after rebooting letting EASEUS Partition Master do its work etc is the laptop gets to the POST screen where it says ASUS- I don t have the messages enabled though probably should and hangs Within - seconds the laptop gets very hot and I switch it off myself and let it cool down before trying again Seems to only happen with this hard drive I ve plugged it into a different computer via usb and everything is intact as it should be and windows chkdsk shows no errors Plugging a spare hard drive of the same type inside the laptop allows me to get past the POST screen and everything operates normally Perhaps I need to buy a new hard drive Thanks for all your help everyone nbsp

A:ASUS laptop won't pass POST screen

Its possible Easeus has corrupted the boot sector on the hard drive.

If it works in another computer then copy off any data you have on the drive before doing much more, as you may lose it all.

If the data and the O/S is not important then delete the partitions on the drive via USB or use a drive zero utility such as the Western Digital Diagnostics.

If you want to fix it try booting from a Windows disc and try FixMBR or Fixboot, or use TestDisk when its connected via USB to attempt to fix it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-laptop-wont-pass-post-screen.990965/
Relevancy 39.99%

I just bought a "22 ASUS mx279h monitor For my ps4. Strictly for my ps4 and it was working for the first couple days, then it went to a grey screen. I hear my ps4 when I move the joystick through my headphones. When I click to a different HDMI it shows the screen changing to it, but when I go to the one with my ps4 on it it says no signal or have a pitch grey screen no responding. when it was working the previous night. Can some one reply to me!

A:Grey screen for my ASUS mx279h monitor

Three possibilities :- 

First and simplest, the cable could be faulty. Try a different cable, borrow one if necessary.

Second, the output from your PS4 could be faulty. Try it on a different monitor, perhaps a friend's.

Third, there could be a fault on the monitor. Try a different signal source on the socket you are using for the PS4 and try the PS4 in a different socket.

If the cable and the PS4 test OK then the fault lies in the monitor. You say you have just bought it. Have a word with your supplier about replacement.

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/596926/grey-screen-for-my-asus-mx279h-monitor/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have an ASUS tablet ASUS touch screen Need for tablet drivers that I Need touch screen drivers for ASUS tablet don't know the model nor is it listed anywhere on the tablet it originally had a detachable keyboard but the guy that gave it to me didn't have it according to device manager it has a generic touch screen driver I have frequent unresponsiveness Need touch screen drivers for ASUS tablet and sporadic automatic touches Need touch screen drivers for ASUS tablet a with the touch screen and I think it may be due to the generic touch screen drivers If I had the ASUS one I think it would work better Device manager reports the hardware ID as HID VEN ATML amp DEV amp Col but no search engine can find it Google had only two pages of results all of which were dodgy Many others like Yahoo only had one page of results of the same dodgy or other dodgy results I was wondering if you can lead me to the right one You have been so helpful with finding me drivers before so I am sure it would be no problem

A:Need touch screen drivers for ASUS tablet

Please download MiniToolBox to your desktop.

Right-click on MiniToolBox.exe and select Run as Administrator.

You will see an image like the one below.

Click on the following checkbox only:

• List Installed Programs

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, then copy it and paste it in your topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/591335/need-touch-screen-drivers-for-asus-tablet/
Relevancy 39.99%

I just got a asus vivobook and the touchscreen is going haywire i cant find a way to disable it someone please help! my job is on hold because of this! im using windows 8

A:HELP! need to turn touch screen off asus vivobook

moved to hardware forum

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-need-to-turn-touch-screen-off-asus-vivobook.1097969/
Relevancy 39.99%

Had a pretty good electrical storm last night so I have a CM5570 BIOS Asus No starting after screen up feeling that fried something but I can t seem to find out exactly where the problem is Shut down my computer last night as normal and powered off everything using the surge protector power on off switch Upon starting up my computer this morning everything appears to come on green light on the mobo fan spins computer lights up etc but no BIOS screen nothing The monitor acts like it s asleep After a couple seconds everything shuts down like it was powered off green light on the mobo stays lit though and then it starts right back up again on its own Same thing all the lights are on the fan is spinning etc but still no BIOS or any reaction at all from the monitor The computer stays on this time though does not power off again unless No BIOS screen after starting up Asus CM5570 I do it Now I ve checked the monitor on another computer and it works fine I tried the monitor in both the graphic card I installed and the one No BIOS screen after starting up Asus CM5570 on the mobo with the same results So I unplugged everything from the computer opened it up and disconnected everything from the mobo but the power supply and fan I mean everything else was gone including the RAM Reset my BIOS by No BIOS screen after starting up Asus CM5570 pulling the battery for minutes Powered it on and the same thing Starts up shuts off for a few seconds then turns on and stays on but no BIOS screen Now the power supply is connected to the mobo in two slots One is a -pin connector that plugs in close to the fan and the other is a -pin connector on the side of the board If I unplug the -pin it will power up and stay powered up but still no BIOS I m not well schooled in computers so I m not sure what the -pin connection actually does only that something finally changes when I unplug it So with that information how likely is it my power unit and how likely is it my mobo Everything appears to be getting power but I m not sure that means my power unit is ok I don t have a spare power unit to swap to check it out Anyone ran into this before Would appreciate any advice Thanks nbsp

A:No BIOS screen after starting up Asus CM5570

Same Problem

Hello,

Have you found a solution to your issue?

I have the exact same problem with my ASUS CM5570.
Mine started after an extended power outage. After the UPS battery backup expired, the power was completely out for a couple of hours...After the power returned, it behaved exactly as you described.

Please let me know if you found a solution...

Thanks,
Dan

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-bios-screen-after-starting-up-asus-cm5570.153316/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hey guys!

In the summer of '10, I bought an Asus K70ID notebook. When I first started it, everything seemed allright. But when I started installing software, the BSOD appeared.. There are weeks were I don't notice anything, and everything works good, but sometimes he just crashes 6 times in a row..

The message says that I have to delete newly installed files and try again, but I did, and the BSOD still appears.. It mostly appear when I use my processor a lot (iTunes, MSN, gaming etc.)

I phoned the story I bought it from, and they told me that I had to put it back to factory settings. I did, but still the BSOD appears..

Can somebody help me?

Specification:
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20GHz
Ram: 4GB
System:64 bits
Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) - pre-installed

PS: Sorry for the grammar mistakes, I'm Dutch

A:Blue Screen Of Death Asus notebook

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/171910-blue-screen-death-asus-notebook.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Upon starting the computer a get a black screen that says enter password in a blue box. The computer was my sister in laws laptop and she passed away last year. So dont know the password can anyone help me. thanks

A:How do I gwt past the password screen on a ASUS laptop

Can not get to the BIOS or anything. Just starts up and goes directly to the password screen

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/354035-how-do-i-gwt-past-password-screen-asus-laptop.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hopefully someone can help with this minor problem... On XP start up the very first screen I see is a blindingly quick screen shot for the ASUS A7V333, so quick I had to restart my comp. 3 or 4 times just to recognise bit by bit what the image was
It has not always been there, it just sort of appeared a while back, I thought I had resolved the problem by accident when re installing Norton AV, but now its back! How can I get rid of it for EVER!

Relevancy 39.99%

Hey everyone, I've got a laptop here that powers on but shows nothing but a black screen. I know that the video is connected and working because it changes to a different shade of black. The computer is an Asus K60I Windows 7.

The bsod reminds me of what the screen looks like when coming out of standby, just before the images start appearing, which leads me to believe that it has something to do with a standby glitch.

Anyways, any help that you guys could provide is very much appreciated.

Thanks for looking!

A:Black screen on start-up Asus R60I

Do you have a monitor or tv that you can hook up to the laptop?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-on-start-up-asus-r60i.984029/
Relevancy 39.99%

HI i had near month trying to resolve the problem of my new G sw hope here i can solve it or at least know BLACK SCREEN AND BLUE NEW ASUS G73SW what is the problem i bought this laptop in past march come with QM processor gb ram ddr Kingston ssd gb and momentum sansung gb gforce gtx m cuda nvidea windows bit home edition work fine for the first NEW ASUS G73SW BLACK AND BLUE SCREEN days but i was getting various error messages that said quot nvidia controller stop working but windows recover sucefully quot after some days it reset and give me blue screen i had to restore system to factory default installing again win After that i upgrade windows and nvidia drivers and all other drivers to latest and again i get the problem just now i was getting a black screen when i turn on the laptop in one occasion I was able to enter in windows and hear all but only see a black screen inclusive I could shut down windows with alt f but always seeing a black screen Again have to reinstall windows but this time i reinstall with one original win bit ultimate that i had After days working fine and then suddenly when i was browsing in internet it give me again the message quot nvidia controller stop working but windows recover sucefully quot times in minutes then reset and get the blue screen Now i can not enter to windows only i can enter in safe mode or after disable the nvidia drivers with the windows default video drivers the laptop seen to work fine i dont get more errors in that form but the problem is that this window video drivers is too slow and very low resolution too Every time I try to install any nvidia driver and restart it give me blues screen tell me that nvlddmnm sys cause the problem I read the instructions you give here and attach the files you asking for if you need some other thing just ask and thanks very much in advance for any help or orientation I can get here Manuel very disappointed with this asus laptop

A:NEW ASUS G73SW BLACK AND BLUE SCREEN

Hello,

Try downloading the latest GeForce package from here: Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

Extract the drivers, but when the installer starts up, just cancel out of it. Then manually install the drivers via Device Manager: Driver Install - Device Manager

...Summary of the dumps:

Code:

Built by: 7600.16695.amd64fre.win7_gdr.101026-1503
Debug session time: Fri Apr 22 17:27:19.925 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:18.986
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+164314 )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys
SystemProductName = G73Sw
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Fri Apr 22 17:25:09.379 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:18.440
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Fri Apr 22 17:04:18.448 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:14.509
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+11c41c )
Debug session time: Fri Apr 22 17:01:25.022 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:17.083
Debug session time: Fri Apr 22 16:54:56.746 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:13.807
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+11c41c )
Debug session time: Fri Apr 22 16:14:54.890 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:27:48.951
Pro... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/159592-new-asus-g73sw-black-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi - I'm using an Asus Eee PC with Intel Atom N processor and GB of memory running Windows Starter OS This netbook was running very fast with no problems until clicking on a link on the huffingtonpost web site After which the screen went blank then text flew past and I got and Eee slow screen very runs blue Asus gets PC a blue screen which crashed the pc After re-starting the pc now runs very slow and will randomly get the Asus Eee PC gets blue screen and runs very slow blue screen and crash The blue screen seems to happen Asus Eee PC gets blue screen and runs very slow when the pc goes into standby or powersave mode I installed ran then removed Norton anti-virus the free comcast version Norton did not find anything I also removed Firefox which was taking around minutes to start up I also deactivated Trend virus protection which appears to be Asus Eee PC gets blue screen and runs very slow expired anyway Included are the files you requested for debugging I also have a copy of the blue screen message which I can send if you would like Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated Thanks - mestran ---------------------------------------------- DDS Ver - - - NTFSx MINIMAL Run by gstranie at on Sat Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Starter GMT - AV Trend Micro Security Disabled Updated DFC- A -A F- -C DBEDBD C SP Trend Micro Security Disabled Updated F F C - C -ACC -B E -FFA AD ED SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C windows system wininit exe C windows system lsm exe C windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C windows system svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files asus SystemSetting WallPaperAgent exe C windows system ctfmon exe C windows Explorer exe C Users gstranie Desktop dds scr C windows system conhost exe C windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www economist com uDefault Page URL hxxp asus msn com uWinlogon Shell c program files asus systemsetting WallPaperAgent exe BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Skype add-on mastermind bf b-c d - d - a -a f ba c - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Search Helper ebf - f- bff-a f-b e aac b - c program files microsoft search enhancement pack search helper SEPsearchhelperie dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Bing Bar BHO d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c program files msn toolbar platform npwinext dll BHO ASUS Windows Starter Helper d ff - cfb- d e-b a-c eddc - c program files asus systemsetting StarterHelper dll BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper e a dc - - a - ea-dc ec acf - c program files windows live toolbar wltcore dll TB amp Windows Live Toolbar fa ef- d- d - b f- a d - c program files windows live toolbar wltcore dll TB c program files msn toolbar platform npwinext dll - dcb -df - - - fa b f - c program files msn toolbar platform npwinext dll mRun ASUS Screen Saver Protector c windows AsScrPro exe mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun Eee Docking c program files asus eee docking Eee Docking exe autorun mRun LiveUpdate AsusSender exe c program files asus liveupdate LiveUpdate exe auto mRun IAAnotif c program files intel intel matrix storage manager iaanotif exe mRun SynTPEnh ProgramFiles Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe mRun SynAsusAcpi ProgramFiles Synaptics SynTP SynAsusAcpi exe mRun IgfxTray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun HotKeysCmds c windows system hkcmd exe mRun Persistence c windows system igfxpers exe mRun RtHDVCpl c program files realtek audio hda RtHDVCpl ex... Read more

A:Asus Eee PC gets blue screen and runs very slow

I Posted this a week ago, any chance someone could take a look at it?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/asus-eee-pc-gets-blue-screen-and-runs-very-slow-536858.html
Relevancy 39.99%

my screen goes black and only the cursor can be seen, how can I fix this? should I restore to factory settings and how would I restore if I don't have the cd? can anyone help thanks in advance.

A:asus f6a notebook pc screen is black after user log on

Try control alt delete, and see if the task manager appears.try safe mode see if the same thing happens.::mike

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/asus-f6a-notebook-pc-screen-is-black-after-user-log-on/13708.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello. I'm having some troubles on my Asus UX32VD when it's on and when it's shutting down. The problem is the same in both situations. It appers a blue screen saying Driver_Power_Statue_Failure. I think it as something to do with some minidump files (I don't understand nothing about them) or with my secondary ssd. I'm running Windows 8 Pro and my ssd is a Sandisk i100 24Gb.

Please help me resolve this problem. If you need more information about my system please respond me saying what information do you need.

Thank you.

Pinho

A:Driver_Power_State_Failure blue screen on Asus UX32VD

Follow this, as im sure everyones going to ask for it
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/16817-driver_power_state_failure-blue-screen-asus-ux32vd.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi I need some much needed help please. My cursor off my touchpad keeps freezing on the screen every now and then and I have to take the battery out of laptop and put it back in to get the laptop back on. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be? I've got AVG anti-virus and have done scans but no threats have been found so dont know why its doing this??? Much needed advice would be greatly appreciated

A:Asus X55A cursor keeps freezing on screen

anyone here to help please

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/asus-x55a-cursor-keeps-freezing-on-screen-800306.html
Relevancy 39.99%

This morning when I was turning on my computer My computer is a Windows -bit and the model is an ASUS ASUS on does screen show not My startup booting CM the ASUS logo did not appear in the beginning however the rest of my computer turned on like normally Whenever I usually turn on my computer the first screen I see is this Please note this is not a photo I took but rather found on google that is the same opening mine has However this morning this logo did not appear this morning and I don't know if I should trying turning off or restarting my computer incase it was just a one time occurrence or if something's wrong As I've said nothing else was wrong and everything is running just fine on my computer but this sort of bugged me My ASUS booting screen does not show on startup and it's been one of a few quirky moments that has been happening this past months on my computer with My ASUS booting screen does not show on startup a string of one time occurrences as well If anyone could off input on what I should do or what was the case of this it would be greatly appreciated

A:My ASUS booting screen does not show on startup

Boot into BIOS setup by tapping Delete, see if Quick Boot or something similar has been enabled.

Otherwise you can set BIOS to defaults after taking note of SATA controller setting and BIOS BOot order priority (you can change it to what you want, HD first is probably best).

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/284473-my-asus-booting-screen-does-not-show-startup.html
Relevancy 39.99%

hello my laptop asus x450JN with windows 8.1 OS pro , antivirus just malwarebytes and win defender and i am use startisback for start bottom , ram upgrade to 8GB i have some issue with my laptop regarding my monitor screen is randomly blink screen like this=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmMdS8xA8xg BUT on my laptop it only 1 or 2 times with randomly heppen not like that video is happen all the time. what wrong with my laptop i have update my windows and driver i am also got check into manufacture service center but they technician dont detect any wrong with my hardware please help me guys Thank you

My laptop deteils spec and OS

A:Help Asus x450JN my screen blink randomly

When it does blink, does it go black then back to normal screen ? Now it could be failing hardware, bad connection from hinge to monitor and even possible interference. Also could be the Video adapter drivers are corrupted.

This is the laptop ?
https://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/X450JN/

I believe from specs shown here it has a NVIDIA Geforce 840M, if you can double check that, go to the Control panel then the Device manager, go to Display adapter left click it, it should tell you there the model.

If it is correct NVIDIA, first thing i would do is uninstall older drivers, either go back to Control Panel in Programs and Features do it there, but first download the latest drivers here NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL

After uninstall reboot and install one you downloaded, see first if this helps the blinking.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/67490-help-asus-x450jn-my-screen-blink-randomly.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi I have a asus w f notebook with a tft lcd screen over the last couple of weeks it has flickered when ive shut the lid then a few days ago the state of flickering stayed there it gets a big whitish tint across the screen starting from the middle and fading out to the sides and a rainbow effect on the left hand side of the screen the right hand side is pretty much ok I took the thing to bits and have isolated the problem to either the inverter the lcd screen the ribbon cable When i twist the screen with my fingers one finger gone mental!! Advice notebook screen lcd Asus please. on the top left pulling towards me and Asus notebook lcd screen gone mental!! Advice please. one finger on the top right pushing away from me it goes back to normal until i let go also if i pull the top left side toward me and push Asus notebook lcd screen gone mental!! Advice please. in the middle of the screen it goes normal too This gives me the idea that it is something repairable if the screen being twisted bent or skewed makes it ok again the backlight is Asus notebook lcd screen gone mental!! Advice please. fine as far as i know when i look down the back of the screen i can see the thin bright light along the bottom of the screen Please help im trying to do this on a budget so if i can fix it for free or cheaply that would be great nbsp

A:Asus notebook lcd screen gone mental!! Advice please.

Hey acid_clown,

You are not alone! I'm experiencing the exact same problem as you too! Just that mine is on the right side of the screen

Help, anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-notebook-lcd-screen-gone-mental-advice-please.884641/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi all I just picked up an ASUS VH H p HD monitor new Parts ASUS screen monitor on flickering of or quot newegg said but not too sure Seriously is awesome when playing games or watching video but when I m just sitting on the desktop there seems to be something wrong The lines along the task bar seem to be blurry or flickering Also when running an application like this website for instance the text and links and lines all are blurry or flickering as well Its actually really bad on this forum lol I currently have the resolution set to x and this seems to be the only resolution that this occurs on All else its perfectly fine but just not the standard setting for this large Parts of screen flickering on new ASUS monitor monitor I have not installed any Parts of screen flickering on new ASUS monitor drivers because I can t find any I have Parts of screen flickering on new ASUS monitor an NVIDIA GeForce G GTO Here is a copy of my display system information pulled from the NVIDIA control panel NVIDIA System Information report created on System name NOV K Display Processor Intel reg Pentium reg D CPU GHz MHz Operating System Microsoft Windows XP -bit Service Pack DirectX version c GPU processor GeForce GT GTO Driver version Core clock MHz Memory clock MHz MHz data rate Memory interface -bit Memory MB Video BIOS version IRQ Bus PCI Express x Components nvCpl cpl NVIDIA Control Panel Applet nvCplUI exe NVIDIA Control Panel nvWSS dll NVIDIA Workstation Server nvViTvS dll NVIDIA Video and TV Server nvMoblS dll NVIDIA Mobile Server NVMCTRAY DLL NVIDIA Media Center Library NVOGLNT DLL NVIDIA Compatible OpenGL ICD nvDispS dll NVIDIA Display Server NVCPL DLL NVIDIA Compatible Windows Display driver Version NV MINI SYS NVIDIA Compatible Windows Miniport Driver Version NV DISP DLL NVIDIA Compatible Windows Display driver Version NVCUDA DLL NVIDIA CUDA driver nvGameS dll NVIDIA D Settings Server If my card can t handle the x resolution than I would understand but I m pretty sure it can Please help me figure this out Thanks -Jason

A:Parts of screen flickering on new ASUS monitor

Also when I change color from 32 bit to 16 it is perfectly clear, no bouncing/fuzzy/flickering text or lines or links and such.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/316926/parts-of-screen-flickering-on-new-asus-monitor/