Windows Support Forum

Laptop freezing intermitanttly every couple of seconds. Distrupting typing

Q: Laptop freezing intermitanttly every couple of seconds. Distrupting typing

Hi guys Been recently having problems with my new couple typing of intermitanttly Laptop freezing seconds. Distrupting every laptop Please bear with me since it is very difficult to type at the moment and this message will probably take me a good mins to type since i have to deletee random keys i type since it types of one or none at all of a letter while i type due to freezing I am not illiiterate and do Laptop freezing intermitanttly every couple of seconds. Distrupting typing know how to use keyboard haha Anyways I would really apprrrciate if someone could help me with this since its ffrying my mind at the moment Basically the problem is computer is randomly freezing every - seconds for a split second resulting in mmaking typing and gaming really annoying The laptop i have is http uk computers toshiba-europe t Satellite-Pro-L - P toshibaShop I really dont want to reformat my computer which is the only thing i can think of to do at tthis moment There isnt really much else i can give in terms of the problem i dont think my laptop is overheating since it isnt hot at all neeeaar the fan i have fully scanned for viruss with AVG and spybot and theyyyhavnt helped Im really stuck with what i can do Can someone please help Immm thinking tthere is something running in the background resulting in this freezing It is a new computer and was working fine when i got it so im guessing it isnt hardware rellated Thks Dann nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Laptop freezing intermitanttly every couple of seconds. Distrupting typing

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Laptop freezing intermitanttly every couple of seconds. Distrupting typing

Are you on Windows 7
Download Advanced System Care Free
Press the Care Button (this does it all automatically)
Did it find and fix your problem.

If not, remove download MSE from Microsoft and remove all Norton or other AV on your system. Do a full scan with MSE.
Did it fix your problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-freezing-intermitanttly-every-couple-of-seconds-distrupting-typing.153613/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello all! I am having a weird issue with my computer. My computer seems to randomly freeze when it is not in game. I recently installed some new ram and thought that was the problem so I checked it with memtest 86 (not memtest 86+ since it didn't work with my UEFI bios) overnight and when I woke up this morning there were no errors so I found that interesting. Next I checked the hard drive to make sure nothing on it was corrupt so I did a chkdsk /r and it is still happening after I did that too. Finally, I checked it with Malwarebytes then with Bitdefender Total Security to see if malware or a virus was causing the issue and nothing was found. If any of you could help me that would be awesome of you.

A:Computer randomly freezing for a couple seconds.

Have you tried to open up Task Manager and then select the performance tab and then click the button Resource Monitor and see if anything is eating up most of the CPU ?
Have you returned your CPU and GPU back to stock frequencies and voltages yet? Probably a Power Supply issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/387666-computer-randomly-freezing-couple-seconds.html
Relevancy 81.7%

For the past couple of days my computer has been freezing every time I open a new program or go to click on something. Using itunes is especially problematic because i will be listening to music and every thirty seconds the music will stop and continue, etc. I use Avast! free for protection and I have done every scan without them finding a virus, however they do get a couple of files they cannot scan and each time they are different files. I am not very tech savvy so I have no clue how to go about searching for the fix, however while searching through google i did find a lot of people had this problem with windows xp.

I own a Sony Vaio VPCEG32FX/W and have 142 GB used memory.
Programs i have installed are Photoshop CS5, Finale Notepad, Itunes, Last.fm, Firefox, Windows Live Messenger, The Sims 3, Avast!, Avidemux 2.5, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Winrar, and VLC mediaplayer

A:Computer freezing every couple of seconds and programs not responding

check your temperatures

you are using it on a hard flat surface

run malwarebytes

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezing-every-couple-of-seconds-and-programs-not-responding.1081202/
Relevancy 77.4%

I have searched a lot and found no one that had the same problem Maybe similar but not identical Since I built my PC very first one I might add I had no problems like this but lately it's been acting crazy I am just doing my stuff minding my own business when all of a sudden everything stops and is unresponsive for a few seconds Things work again for maybe seconds and stuff freezes once more And it's not always everything sometimes maybe my internet browser will freeze maybe an opened folder maybe a tab in Google Chrome sometimes things out of running sometimes a portion of a program like I can't scroll down but I can click on things When audio plays it starts to repeat like a scratched CD and things become unresponsive When I turn off audio everything runs smoothly either for a couple hours or a couple of seconds I scanned my PC for viruses nothing scanned for malware had a few seconds every a couple for seconds Computer freezes couple of of entries which I cleaned but didn't help defragmented my PC which didn't help at all and I ask you what may the problem be I try to avoid formatting for I suspect and hope it's hardware problem I have GB RAM Asus mobo which probably causes all the Computer freezes every couple of seconds for a couple of seconds problems like it always does Geforce graphics card AMD athlon x dual core I tried the obvious just as turning off background programs checking unnecessary things in processes and ran out of ideas so I want to know if there is a known solution to this Thank you Daniel

A:Computer freezes every couple of seconds for a couple of seconds

How long has it been since you took a can of compressed air and blew the dust bunnies out of the heatsink and fans in that case? If you have not done that, this should be the first thing you do. You also need to list all specs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-freezes-every-couple-of-seconds-for-a-couple-of-seconds-405343.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Envy notebook brought in to our shop for not powering on. Starts to, but then dies in a couple seconds. Customer brought in a new systemboard. Installed it, but no change in symptom. Internal battery appears bad (half of it swollen), but same symptom with the battery disconnected. External power adapter not customer's but almost certainly good. Has right voltage and lot more amperage than spec. Amber light seen at laptop plug. Fan runs normally. RAM sticks swapped, replaced, no change. Tried hard drive, OS installed, no change. Tried hard drive, new, no OS installed, never got as far as error message about missing system files. Put original hard drive back. Sometimes, somehow, can get into BIOS. All settings seem correct. Somehow was able to get into and use hours-long HP diagnostics. EVERY TEST PASSED. Would seem to rule out systemboard, RAM and CPU, no? Ideas, please?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Envy-laptop-powers-off-after-couple-seconds/td-p/5796142
Relevancy 74.82%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc FRK Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled For a few days now my Dell Inspiron has been lagging freezing every few minutes for a every 1-2 seconds for seconds 40-50 laptop freezing Dell couple of seconds It seems to be happening no matter what i m doing on the laptop - playing music playing a game and even when it s idle The whole system freezes and if there is audio playing it makes a strange buzzing noise Any video playing freezes and the mouse freezes too It is only for seconds at most and isn t effecting the running of the laptop it s more of an annoyance I ve run a full scan with Avast Dell laptop freezing every 40-50 seconds for 1-2 seconds and Malware Bytes Malware came up clean Avast found a few low level things that have been deleted or moved to the chest vault I ve also run ChkDsk which found a few errors and i m assuming fixed them I left it running over night as it Dell laptop freezing every 40-50 seconds for 1-2 seconds took a few hours to complete Any help or advice is hugely appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

I've looked all over for help but alas; nothing.

Put simply, I'm using a decent Lenovo B560 laptop, and when playing games or running programs linked to the hard drive disk, it freezes intermittently.

Not sure what's causing it, but the whirring of the disk drive can be heard for about 3 seconds, at which point it slows down, and then the game freezes until the hard drive starts whirring again. It doesn't seem to be able to keep itself running in order to keep playback fluid; it just keeps spinning long enough to power 3-4 seconds of playback.

Any ideas?

System is 7 64 bit, with Intel Core i5 CPU M480 @
2.67GHz
3GB RAM

A:Laptop hard drive runs for 3 seconds, stops, and causes freezing

Normally when a disk is making noise it's going to quiet soon. I would make a backup of what ever you want to save.
You can run a disk check up.
Computer and pick what drive you want to check and right click on it. Pick tools and check/disk. On my computers I do it the simple way. If a hard disk is making unusual noises I replace it. First save what you can before it quiets completely.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/212807-laptop-hard-drive-runs-3-seconds-stops-causes-freezing.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi

Last day I was downloading some torrent file when it started. The videos started breaking up and even the cursor movements started becoming jerky. Generally such problems get rectified on restarting the computer but this time, nada. I store stuffs on an external HD connected through USB. I tried reinstalling VLC, defragmenting both the drives and a disk cleanup as well, total antivirus scan and even changing the usb ports, but no improvement. I wonder if it is a software/USB port/ external HD/ virus/ RAM or some other problem all together. Please help me out.

OS Windows XP Home SP 3
Intel Pentium M 1.70 GHz RAM 1.46 GB
Norton 360 antivirus.

A:Laptop freezing for seconds making jerky audio/video playbacks

Remove Norton 360 and see if the jerkyness stops. You may have a malware infection that Norton missed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-freezing-for-seconds-making-jerky-audio-video-playbacks.184248/
Relevancy 61.92%

when i hit the power button the only thing that happens is that the cpu fan turns for a couple of seconds, thats it. i have tried taking the motherboard out of the case too make sure that it wasnt shorting out in the case and i also have tried a different p/s

i dont know what else to do

plz help

A:cpu fan turns for a couple seconds and thats it

I suspect it's time to try a new MB and/or processor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-fan-turns-for-a-couple-seconds-and-thats-it.146632/
Relevancy 61.49%

I just started having this problem an hour or two ago, my browser (Google Chrome) stalls every minute or so.

What I mean by this is, when I am on any webpage, it will deselect the webpage and give the default windows "ding" sound like the one here at 17 seconds in: Microsoft Windows 7 Sounds - YouTube It is kind hard to explain my problem but it is irritating as hell. If I'm typing something for example, it will stop the text and give the windows "ding" sound.

Other information that might help?

-I'm on Windows 7
-I just ran out of my Norton subscription today (could be a virus? )
-I'm using Google Chrome
-This is pissing me the hell off

My internet now gets disconnected every couple minutes or so. What the hell? This might have something to do with it?

Not quite sure which section this belongs in. Sorry if this is the wrong one.

A:My browser stalls every couple seconds

The expiration of Norton may be causing conflicts on the system. Remove Norton with the Norton removal tool. Then replace Norton with Microsoft Security Essentials to see if it provides smoother behavior with the browser.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/my-browser-stalls-every-couple-seconds-677491.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi everyone, My girlfriend recently bought an HP Pavillion 15 notebook (Windows 10, I think 32-bit, but it can also be 64-bit). Immidiately after purchase, she noticed some issues with the audio. When watching a movie or listening to music, the audio suddenly fades to an inaudible level. When the video/music is paused and turned on again, the same issue keeps occuring so watching movies or series isn't really possible. I've tried going to "Playback Devices" > "Properties" > "Advanced" and adjusting the quality of the sound, but it did not work.  Please help us fixing this issue   Thanks in advance

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Sound-fades-after-a-couple-of-seconds/td-p/5785708
Relevancy 61.49%

Hey everybody,

I have a d-link wireless router and a belkin wireless access point i have the whole thing networked and everything works fine, i can acces the internet and network fine but every so often usualy every hour and sooner my and only my internet connection looses the signal (or something similar) for a couple of seconds and then it's fine again. normally this is ok but when playing online games it becomes a nightmare as that 1-2 seconds means i get thrown out of whatever online game i was playing, it also affects downloading as it seems to complety disturb it. Does anybody know what this could be and how to fix it??

Thanks

Relevancy 61.49%

i have a 3.4ghz pentium 4 prescott processor, 400w psu, elitegroup 865pe-a7 mobo, 1gb ddr400 ram, 320gb seagate barracuda, sony dvd rw drive, nvidia gforce 256mb graphics.

i have built this computer from scratch.

when it powers up all lights come on but when the computer is connected to a screen all black and white lines go across the screen and you can faintly see the startup screen and then it shuts down. does anyone know what is causing this problem to occur

Joe

A:PC runs but turns off after a couple of seconds...

Can you get into BIOS successfully and not lose the screen?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-runs-but-turns-off-after-a-couple-of-seconds.76352/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi,

Every 2 minutes my screen goes completely black just for a couple of seconds. This has just started to happen and is really annoying.

How can I find out what this is and possibly fix it?

Cheers,

C h r e d g e

Relevancy 61.49%

Hi my pc was working great yesterday but today i go to turn it on it powers on all the fans all the leds light up then the cpu lights up again and the pc turns off any ideas of whats wrong? i have a amd fx9590 cpu sabertooth990fx 2.0 motherboard 2 amd r9290s. let me know what info you need to help me

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/my-pc-starts-then-shuts-after-couple-seconds-4606217/
Relevancy 61.49%

I ll start by giving all the relevant stats to make things easier to diagnose Win PIII MHz MB SDRAM x DVD-ROM Voodoo AGP no hardware DVD decoder and Mediamatics a couple of play seconds after freezes of DVD DVD-Express Most DVDs run perfectly well on my PC and DVD freezes after a couple of seconds of play I can usually have other programs running in the background including winamp with no noticable effect on framerate while playing fullscreen The problem is only with a couple of discs When I DVD freezes after a couple of seconds of play start playing the producers opening logo runs but gradually slows to a halt after about two seconds The image is degraded and the program is unresponsive I can use ctrl-alt-del to close DVD-Express without any major hassles I get all my DVDs from my local video rental store so it s probably not a region problem The movies that didn t work are quot Boiler Room quot quot Next Friday quot and some others Boiler Room and Next Friday were both new to the video shelves and had probably never been run before Next Friday came in a two disc set along with it s predeccesor quot Friday quot which worked perfectly Has anyone else had this problem nbsp

A:DVD freezes after a couple of seconds of play

Hi, welcome. If you read a little farther down this forum, you'll see my post about the ATI Player and a Hitachi DVD. I'm having exactly the same problem, though it usually occurs for me late in a film. Same thing, too, with a brand new disc I own myself, never played, still locks up.

Not that commiseration helps you. Maybe someone out there can tell us if there are just some PC DVDs that read better than others, or even as well as a tv-top one, or short of that I'd take any tips on how to read a disc that won't read...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-freezes-after-a-couple-of-seconds-of-play.43909/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi. I am running Windows 7 x64 and I have a problem where the computer lags every few seconds. For example, while I am typing this message, every couple words, the line cursor freezes, and then after a second, everything I type appears on screen.

Another example would be switching tabs in Firefox, clicking a tab, it would take a few seconds to switch. Going to a different program would have the same effect.

I ran MemTest for about 14 hours or so and passed. I have 8GB of RAM.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

A:Computer lags every couple seconds

try uninstalling all the anti-virus and male-ware software s installed in your system!! and also remove all the unnecessary start-up entry then restart your system ...let us know.. what is the result..

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/42818-computer-lags-every-couple-seconds.html
Relevancy 61.49%

when i play a video or anything with sound it's weird for the first couple of seconds, then it fixes itself. if i pause the video and wait like 2 minutes it happens again when i play the video
anyone know why this is happening? never had this issue before it just started happening about a week ago.
heres a video so you can hear for yourself
click here

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/sound-weird-first-couple-seconds-4599087/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello everyone I've already been looking on the internet for any solutions and have tried some but nothing has seemed to work so far When playing a game League of Legends my screen sometimes randomly turns black and recovers itself after a few seconds I already deleted previous drivers and installed the latest drivers even the beta one from nvidia I've also run Prime but that only checks my CPU which seems fine I've been having this issue for a couple of days now Mostly it happens when i'm in game and my temperatures always seem fine But sometimes it happens when just browsing the internet after playing League of Legends I would like to try to solve it without needing to replace any hardware parts because all my parts seem fine from temperature etc It would be hard for me to get a part screen for a of seconds couple Black to test my PC with because i don't really Black screen for a couple of seconds know any other people with custom PC's I have a gtx Graphics Card and a W GS Corsair PSU As i've read on other forums these two parts seem to be the major problems I've seen Black screen for a couple of seconds many forums and would like to ask direct help from the pro's because i've seen so many things to try that I don't know what to try anymore Sorry for the long post and for my bad English And thanks already for helping me edit If i start the game now my screen turns black and doesn't recover anymore I have to hard reset my PC

A:Black screen for a couple of seconds

try to check if the Graphic card fan aren't burned, i also have the same problem almost changed my graphic card at least to a $41 card, but try to change the thermal paste. if it not work try to replace the fan with its card spare parts (just search the market) or if you didn't find it just buy a CPU fan and stick it with glue to the old fan. Hope this help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/337793-black-screen-couple-seconds.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hey Guys,

About 6 months ago I built up a system for gaming and has worked fine up until now. For no apparent reason when I power on the system the cpu fan spins the harddrive spins and all the aux fans but only for a couple of seconds then it turns off and tries to restart again. If I pull the P4 plug from the board the fans will then start and stay spinning. Im not really sure whats going on but any help would be good before I go out a buy something I dont need.
My specs are:

Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6 board
Q6600 cpu
Asus 8600 GTX Silent graphics card
2 x 2Gb DDR2 800mhz Patriot Ram
500gb Seagate hdd
and a Sigma 500 watt PSU

Thanks in advance

A:Computer keeps restarting after a couple of seconds

Have a look here: Tutorial: No POST (Power On Self Test)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-keeps-restarting-after-a-couple-of-seconds.125909/
Relevancy 61.49%

I got a virus about a 2 weeks ago and it really slowed my computer down and it started to freeze for a couple of seconds and would work. So I reinstalled vista to get rid of it ( norton could not get rid of it). After I reinstalled vista it still is freezing is there any way to fix this problem.

Relevancy 61.49%

I can't tell you when it every seconds Windows hangs couple started happening because Windows hangs every couple seconds it's slowly been getting worse and worse for a over a year First off here are a few specifications I am Running Windows Professional Bit My Parts are ASUS Z Sabertooth Mark I Motherboard Intel i K cpu Asus Nvidea GTX GB GDDR gpu I am unaware of what my PSU is but It's made by Corsair is Bronze and is years old G Skill Sniper Series x GB RAM Kingston GB SSD Currently Capacity w Operating System Please Note that I have also done malware scans using both AVAST and Malwarebytes and using a Kaspersky Labs Anti-Rootkit Scanner all coming up clean So let's assume the problem sisn't a virus My problem starts right from the login screen not in the BIOS or Boot Process What happens is there is a light on the front of the computer I am unaware of what the Windows hangs every couple seconds light is signalling specifically but generally it flashed often when processing is occurring Every - seconds Windows hangs every couple seconds my computer will hang disallowing any program to load anything into memory anything currently in memory can be modified The problem usually lasts about seconds but has been increasing over time Along with this has been a general slow-down of the computer Decreasing in general speed over time as well During some games I've tried playing on it the effect grows massively worse In Planetside every - seconds the game will skip up to frames and then restart the cycle It is less evident in anything else That's the basic extent of the problem I look forward to hearing responses and answers Please Note that I have also done malware scans using both AVAST and Malwarebytes and using a Kaspersky Labs Anti-Rootkit Scanner all coming up clean So let's assume the problem sisn't a virus

A:Windows hangs every couple seconds

Lets assume you have no viruses firstly.

Try freeing up some Space on the SSD as 10% free is what we call the Mininum  so try and increase it as much as possible.

Remove unused Programs / Old Restore Points / Temp Files / Do a Disk Cleanup Also { R/C Drive - Properties - Disk Cleanup }.

Any personal files / Pics / Videos / etc ...offload to an External Drive.

See if that the above helps : if not try 1 x stick ram as a test to see if it still lags.

Post back any results.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/615658/windows-hangs-every-couple-seconds/
Relevancy 60.63%

(I'm running XP Pro)

I have 2 HDDs on my computer and lately everytime I open one of the partitions on my backup HDD thru "My Computer", it closes on it's own in a couple of seconds...and takes me back to my desktop again.

What the heck is causing that?

I need to open some folders there, but never get the chance(before the opened drive closes itself)!

How do I keep that from happening?

Relevancy 60.63%

Well i think i have virus because strange things happen to my computer lately like i try to open exe file and it closing me after couple of seconds help me please here is the DDS log UNLESS SPECIFICALLY INSTRUCTED DO NOT POST after couple Exe automatically files closing seconds of THIS LOG IF REQUESTED ZIP IT UP amp ATTACH IT DDS Ver - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Install Date AM System Uptime AM hours ago Motherboard Hewlett-Packard D Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz CPU mhz Disk Partitions C is FIXED NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is FIXED NTFS - GiB total GiB free E is CDROM H is FIXED FAT - GiB total GiB free Disabled Device Manager Items Class GUID d e -e - ce-bfc - be Description TAP-Win Adapter V Device ID ROOT NET Manufacturer TAP-Win Provider V Name TAP-Win Adapter V PNP Device ID ROOT NET Service tap Class GUID ECC D- F- D -A - F ED Description LogMeIn Kernel Information Provider Device ID ROOT LEGACY LMIINFO Manufacturer Name LogMeIn Kernel Information Provider PNP Device ID ROOT LEGACY LMIINFO Service LMIInfo System Restore Points RP AM - Installed Ventrilo Client for Windows x RP PM - Software Distribution Service RP AM - Software Distribution Service RP PM - Software Distribution Service RP PM - Windows Modules Installer RP PM - Windows Modules Installer Installed Programs Windows Live IDT Audio Windows Live Windows Live Torrent -Zip Adobe Flash Player ActiveX Adobe Flash Player Plugin Adobe Reader - Russian Adobe Shockwave Player Advanced SystemCare Agatha Christie - Peril at End House AIMP AION Free-To-Play Akamai NetSession Interface ASIO ALL Bejeweled Deluxe Blackhawk Striker Blasterball Blaze Media Pro Bounce Symphony Bully Exe files closing automatically after couple of seconds Scholarship Edition Cache Cleaner Cake Mania Catalyst Control Center Catalyst Control Center - Branding Catalyst Control Center Graphics Previews Common Catalyst Control Center InstallProxy Catalyst Control Center Localization All CCC Help Chinese Standard CCC Help Chinese Traditional CCC Help Czech CCC Help Danish CCC Help English CCC Help Finnish CCC Help French CCC Help German CCC Help Greek CCC Help Hungarian CCC Help Italian CCC Help Japanese CCC Help Korean CCC Help Norwegian CCC Help Polish CCC Help Portuguese CCC Help Russian CCC Help Spanish CCC Help Swedish CCC Help Thai CCC Help Turkish Chuzzle Deluxe Cisco EAP-FAST Module Cisco LEAP Module Cisco PEAP Module Contents Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X Corel VideoStudio Pro X Counter-Strike Source CyberLink DVD Suite D DX DAEMON Tools Lite Deckadance DeviceIO Dora s World Adventure Download Master version Driver Genius Professional Edition DVD Menu Pack for HP MediaSmart Video Energy Star Digital Logo ESU for Microsoft Windows Fable III Facebook Video Calling Farm Frenzy Fences Pro Final Drive Nitro FL Studio Foxit Reader Free Studio version Game Booster Garry s Mod GDMO GIMP Google Chrome Hewlett-Packard ACLM NET v HP CloudDrive HP Customer Experience Enhancements HP Documentation HP DVB-T TV Tuner HP Game Console HP Games HP MediaSmart DVD HP MediaSmart Music HP MediaSmart Photo HP MediaSmart Video HP MediaSmart Webcam HP Power Manager HP Quick Launch HP Setup HP Setup Manager HP Software Framework HP Support Assistant ICA IL Download Manager IMVU Avatar Chat Software Intel PC iPOS BTS Intel R Management Engine Components Intel R Rapid Storage Technology Intel R Turbo Boost Technology Driver IPM PSP Pro IPM VS Pro ISCOM Java Auto Updater Java TM Update Junk Mail filter update K-Lite Mega Codec Pack LabelPrint LightScribe System Software Magic Desktop Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version Microsoft AppLocale Microsoft Games for Windows - LIVE Redistributable Microsoft Games for Windows Marketplace Microsoft Office Word Viewer Microsoft Silverlight Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition ENU Microsoft Visual C Redistributable Microsoft Visual C Redistributable - x Microsoft Visual C Redistributable - x Microsoft Visual C Redistributable - x Microso... Read more

A:Exe files closing automatically after couple of seconds

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===Please download the tools. (DO NOT RUN THEM JUST NOW)Please DownloadTDSSKiller.zip>>> Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application.Click on the Start Scan button and wait for the scan and disinfection process to be over.If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue
If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue
If you are asked to reboot the computer to complete the process, click on the Reboot Now button. A report will be automatically saved at the root of the System drive ((usually C:\) in the form of "TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt" (for example, C:\TDSSKiller.2.2.0_20.12.2009_15.31.43_log.txt). Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.If no reboot is required, click on Report. A log file will appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.Download http://public.avast.com/~gmerek/aswMBR.exe (aswMBR.exe) to your desktop. Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it Click the "Scan" button to start scan. Upon completion of the scan, click Save log, and save it to your desktop. (Note - do not select any Fix at this time) <- IMPORTANTPlease post the contents of that log in your next reply.There shall also be a file on your desktop named MBR.dat. Right click that file and select Send To>Compressed (zipped) folder. Please attach that zipped file in your next reply.===Please download and run the following tool to help allow other programs to run. (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com)There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.Vista and Win7 users need to right click and choose Run as AdminYou only need to get one of them to run, not all of them.rkill.comrkill.scrIt is possible that the infection you are trying to remove will not allow you to download files on the infected computer. If this is the case, then you will need to download the files requested on another computer and then transfer them to the desktop of the infected computer. You can transfer the files via a CD/DVD, external drive, or USB flash drive.When the you have run the file do not restart the computer.Run the other 2 tools you just downloaded.Please post the logs for my review.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/454136/exe-files-closing-automatically-after-couple-of-seconds/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi everyone

Really strange thing is happening and i know it is my computer not my usb stick since i tried other usb sticks too.

I can't delete files from my usb sticks they keep reappearing.
Did try to format usb stick but it didn't help.

Any ideas?

thank you!

A:Usb avi files reappear couple of seconds after deleting them

That does sound suspicious.
Let's see what those little files are like.

Open Windows explorer (looking at the flash drive would do).
Press Alt.
Go to Tools.
Click Folder Options.
Click on the View tab.

You should see a section called Hidden Files and folders. Make sure that Show hidden files and folders is checked.
Make sure that Hide extensions for known file types is Unchecked.
Make sure that Hide protected operating system files is Unchecked.

Have a look at that flash drive. Please post back with the exact name of these files.
Please also check whether there are any new files there. Be particularly on the look out for any files named "autorun.inf"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-avi-files-reappear-couple-of-seconds-after-deleting-them.1104718/
Relevancy 60.63%

As the title says, my mouse stops working for a couple of seconds and then starts working perfectly again. It mainly happens when I am playing BF3, the game freezes for a second, then I hear the usb-removal sound Windows makes and the game unfreezes but the mouse is dead, then game freezes again for a second and mouse starts working. During the moment mouse is dead all other USB connected things works, only mouse that dies.
It has happened a few times before when im not in any game.

Why is this happening? I have never had any problem with this before.
I have tried putting my mouse a different USB port and it helped for a day or two and then it happened again.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
i5 2500k
GTX 580 Twin Frozr II
8GB RAM

A:Mouse randomly dies for a couple of seconds

I have had this same problem a few months ago. Although it happened with my mouse and keyboard simultaneously. My main harddrive was going bad. I replaced it and have not had the problem since. It was rather confusing at first as I had never seen these symptoms before from a bad harddrive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-randomly-dies-for-a-couple-of-seconds.181873/
Relevancy 60.63%

Setup Laptop is a Dell Inspiron couple of after a connection Wireless disconnects seconds E from the router is a Linksys WRT N and the modem is a Motorola SB SURFboard Problem I moved into a new place and I cannot connect to their wireless system Wireless connection disconnects after a couple of seconds After calling the internet provider and router Wireless connection disconnects after a couple of seconds company I can now connect via LAN just fine and to the wireless connection for only a couple seconds before it kicks me off and it does not reconnect Everyone else can connect so there is nothing wrong with the modem or router Note a There is a cordless phone and I have no idea what channel it is on b I have AVG s free virus scanner and malwarebytes c I can connect to other wifi hotspot d I am sitting underneath the router with full signal strength e WPA f I do not have the username and password for the router I have done the following to no avail Turned off the modem and router for a couple of minutes Disable the firewall ipconfig flushdns ipconfig registerdns ipconfig release ipconfig renew netsh int ip reset reset log netsh winsock reset catalog Manually typed in the IP DNS Turned the IP DNS back to auto Removed the network from the preferred list and added it in again Here is all the info you may need LAN Connected ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name home- ec Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled Wireless connection disconnects after a couple of seconds No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom x Integrated Cont roller Physical Address - -C - D- -BD Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Friday August AM Lease Expires Saturday August AM Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - - -A - -AE Wireless disconnected ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name home- ec Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Broadcom x Integrated Cont roller Physical Address - -C - D- -BD Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - - -A - -AE Ping Tests connected with LAN Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Pinging google com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Thanks Please let me know if you need more info nbsp

A:Wireless connection disconnects after a couple of seconds

Does the router belong to you or to the place you moved into? It mite be some form of mac filtering on the router itself, which prevents devices from connecting to the router without permission

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-disconnects-after-a-couple-of-seconds.1063610/
Relevancy 60.63%

To give a bit of a background - I had to change the mothboard of my system comes Screen couple of back black goes for a and seconds up last month because of an incident of burnt PSU Coming to Screen goes black for a couple of seconds and comes back up the current situation - since the last few weeks I have noticed that when I am viewing a video on fullscreen mode I would often hear a system alert sound like the one you get when you plug and unplug in a pendrive It doesn't occur always though I immediately check Screen goes black for a couple of seconds and comes back up the events viewer to see if it has logged anything but no errors warning show up there that could describe what happened at that time Moreover the screen often turns black for a couple of seconds and comes back to normal Sometimes before it comes back to normal I could see my screen changing to a much lower resolution and then back to the original one Again nothing related to graphics or monitor in the event viewer My system specs - AMD FX - CPU Asus M A L-M-USB AMD Radeon HD GPU Corsair Vengance - GB x CM B PSU Corsair MX- - GB SSD Seagate - RPM - GB Seagate - RPM - GB This didn't start happening following a clean install btw I have searched for updates to my graphic drivers but found no new updates The monitor is quite old though - - yrs I guess What could be happening here Many thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/400013-screen-goes-black-couple-seconds-comes-back-up.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi hopefully someone s solved a similar problem to this I had a wee search but couldn t see anything My PC a self built Desktop with gb memory gb gb and gb HDD a DVD writer Geforce mb graphics creative audigy z sound amd x and Vista Home Premium seems to pause every few minutes for about between - seconds This happens mostly during games such as Dirt Oblivion Need for Speed Pro Street etc although it sometimes happens if the PC is working heavily My initial thoughts are that this may be down to Virtual Memory loading or something along these lines at present it s set for gb although I ve tried various settings with no real improvements and it does get worse the higher I make it The games seam to run fine in between the pauses and look good enough at x and seem to carry on from the point it paused although I think the sound seems to continue If it s a video or streamed video it seems to play the backlog very very fast until it catches up has anyone any ideas what me be causing this I think my drivers are all up to date etc and am a bit lost now thanks in advance Richard nbsp

A:PC Pauses every couple of minutes for about 20 seconds (mostly during games)

Some things to try;
1 Check your temps and post the findings here. Post both system and cpu temp

2 If you have the games installed to a different hard disk than the os disk, run the drive maker's utility on both drives.

3 Are these ide or sata drives?

4 Check that the drive have not reverted to pio mode rather than dma mode. Do this in device manager>atapi controller

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-pauses-every-couple-of-minutes-for-about-20-seconds-mostly-during-games.809191/
Relevancy 60.63%
A:Computer freezes every couple minutes for 2 seconds

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===The HijackThis tool is not ready for the 64 bit operating system. Most forums are now requesting A DDS Log.I would HijackThis using the Add/Remove Programs list.Please download and run this DDS Scanning Tool. Nothing will be deleted. It will just give me some additional information about your system.Download DDS and save it to your desktop from here or here.Disable any script blocker, and then double click dds.scr to run the tool. When done, DDS will open two (2) logs: DDS.txt Attach.txtSave both reports to your desktop.Please just paste the contents of the DDS.txt log in your next post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/419998/computer-freezes-every-couple-minutes-for-2-seconds/
Relevancy 60.63%

Man i had this on my old computer before i upgraded now its decided to do it again.

I think the problem is unrelated to the previous times tho since (its been over 6 months and nothing) nearly every or indeed every vital component has changed since then as well as new OS.

This problem is excruciatingly frustrating cos unlike other thing you cant really work around it and it ceases up work workflow constantly.

In my previous thread someone suggested it may be overheating but my temps seem ok at 39 idle.

I also checked for defragging the drive but windows 8 syas its doing that automatically every week and they are only on 1% fragmented.

What else to try?

A:[SOLVED] Cursor getting STUCK for a couple of seconds AGAIN

Just finished a full virus scan and came up clean.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/solved-cursor-getting-stuck-for-a-couple-of-seconds-again-863090.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi I am finding recently that programs are hesitating for a few secconds before responding its almost like there are been loaded back into memory although I have GB of memory Here is a couply of my Hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe C Programs Hesitate before repsonding couple a to seconds of for Seem Program Files Logitech QuickCam Quickcam exe F Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe F Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe F Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe F Programs Seem to Hesitate for a couple of seconds before repsonding Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Windows System spool drivers w x E FATI JA EXE F Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files MozyHome mozystat exe C Program Files U-ABIT uGuru uGuru exe C Program Files Linksys CIT cit exe F Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe F Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe C Program Files Logitech QuickCam Quickcam exe F Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe F Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe F Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Windows System spool drivers w x E FATI JA EXE F Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files MozyHome mozystat exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe F Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe F Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Windows system conime exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/programs-seem-to-hesitate-for-a-couple-of-seconds-before-repsonding.812890/
Relevancy 60.63%

Howdy .... I'm upgrading a computer and after putting it all together I can't get the power to stay on. I hit the power button and the fans spin for a few seconds and that's it. I checked all my connections and they seem ok ... I have a cooler master 500w P/S I know works because I just pulled it from the machine I'm upgrading from.

This is the mobo.

This is the CPU. I checked my hookup to the case and it looks ok.

The cpu is plug into the mobo. An in goes into the LGA socket only fits one way you can't put it in wrong. I installed the memory 2 2GB DDR 3 memory sticks. A PCI sound blaster card, and a pci-e IDE adapter. I have a PNY GForce 210 in the pci-e video slot. Not sure what is going on .... ah .... HELP!

A:Solved: New Build Powers For A Couple of Seconds

take the motherboard out of the case and look at the heatsink pins at the back of the mobo, did u install it correctly?
make sure u dont have a xtra riser in the case shorting on the back of the mobo
do a out of case build on the mobo box and see if it will bootup

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-build-powers-for-a-couple-of-seconds.1121661/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi I am finding recently that programs are hesitating for a few secconds before responding its almost like there are been loaded back into memory although I have GB of memory Here is a couply of my Hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows repsonding Programs of couple before Hesitate to Seem seconds for a Defender MSASCui exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe C Program Files Logitech QuickCam Quickcam exe F Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe F Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe F Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe F Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Windows System spool drivers w x E FATI JA EXE F Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra Programs Seem to Hesitate for a couple of seconds before repsonding exe C Program Files MozyHome mozystat exe C Program Files U-ABIT uGuru uGuru exe C Program Files Linksys CIT cit exe F Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe F Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe C Program Files Logitech QuickCam Quickcam exe F Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe F Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe F Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Windows System spool drivers w x E FATI JA EXE F Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files MozyHome mozystat exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe F Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe F Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Windows system conime exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files ... Read more

A:Programs Seem to Hesitate for a couple of seconds before repsonding

Hello cramp. I see that you have not had any responses that is probably because you have posted a hjt log and everyone has backed off. I would suggest that you post your log in the hjt forum.
Good Luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/programs-seem-to-hesitate-for-a-couple-of-seconds-before-repsonding.812865/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have an pentium 2.8 ghz 512 ddr ram computer. I'm trying to view a dvd, using powerdvd, windows media player, nero showtime. in windows media player and powerdvd both programs turn on and after a couple of seconds just turns back off. in nero, I get the question of playing from first title, or from the last scene. However when I select either one of them, I get nothing. It just sits there as if it doesn't have any media loading. I installed ace mega codecs packs. that would let me view different cd's but this one I can't.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-wont-play-wmp-powerdvd-shutdown-after-couple-of-seconds.359524/
Relevancy 60.63%

Long Story short I took a computer in for repair and ended up doing a complete overhaul This left me with a nearly intact second computer that I figured would be a good candidate for my first home seconds. after down Solved: New Build couple a Shuts build The parts I needed to Solved: New Build Shuts down after a couple seconds. replace were the PSU HD and video card Here are the specs on the system including the newly added components Also a Note I bought two sticks of Kingston GB DDR - x GB as well Motherboard Asus P N -E SLI CPU Intel Core Extreme QX Quad-Core GHz Ram x Kingston HyperX DDR - MB Video Card SAPPHIRE L Radeon HD Cedar GB -bit DDR PCI Express x HDCP Sound Card Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer PCI Hard Drive Western Digital Caviar Green WD EARS TB CD DVD Asus x DVD-RW black IDE Case Lian-Li PC H w Window black Power Supply SeaSonic S II Bronze W I have mounted all the components and I believe everything is hooked up correctly but when I power on the system shuts off after - seconds the fans start up Thus far I have tried switching out RAM and using only stick and removing all cables from MB except power Everything I have found through searching shows a bad PSU however as I mentioned the unit is brand new althought maybe its a dud Any help would be appreciated Thanks Jim CPU Cooling Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

hi,someone went to porn site(no not me lol)an got istbar an surfaccuracy on system,i was running norton, microsoft,ad aware an spy sweeper,after adding 2 more spyware,i finally got eveything out except for low level cookies,puter ran fine b4 this,but now hdd runs every couple of seconds an norton shuts down on its own(no predictable time) an i hav to manually restart it.i went to annoyance.com looked in forums an threads tried some things but no help,went to threads here couldnt get anything close,online gaming lags also,i hav a amd athlon64 3500,2 gig ram,200gighd,gforce7800,any help would be greatly appreciated

A:hard drive runs every couple of seconds

DLoad and run Ewido (Free) Make sure you grab the updates first...
Then visit Trend Micro's site and run their online scan.
Report back your results and we'll go from there...

p.s. Thanx for Serving !

patio.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-runs-every-couple-of-seconds.38168/
Relevancy 60.63%

When I type something then use the touch pad to move the cursor it freezes for 2 seconds. If I use a mouse immediately after typing the cursor moves immediately. Why the touch pad hang up?

A:Touch pad hesitates 2 seconds after typing

Welcome to Seven Forums toc36062. Have a look at this link, it's for Lenovo and Acer, but I see similar settings for other manufacturers. Basically the palm check setting. The path to find it should be similar.

Touchpad response delay solved - Lenovo Community

For those who notice the touchpad lag on the Acer Timeline series

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/236790-touch-pad-hesitates-2-seconds-after-typing.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Just recently my computer started doing the annoying thing where you try to type but it freezes for a couple of seconds and then all the typing you did typing several show the but seconds to letters take up I'm away, finally shows up It does it when I try to scroll down a page too everything freezes for a few seconds before my cursor is responsive again I have a fairly high-powered computer and no extraneous programs are running When I keep Task Manager running I can see spikey activity in the CPU when these freeze-ups occur I keep things well-defragged and spyware-free After reading one of your forums I saw a recommendation to download quot HiJack This quot from MajorGeeks com one of the best sites of all time So I downloaded it and here s the log file Anyone see anything that could be causing this annoying problem which has happened times while typing this post Thanks in advance Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Intel ASF Agent ASFAgent exe C Program Files Dell OpenManage Client Iap exe C PROGRA Iomega System AppServices exe I'm typing away, but the letters take several seconds to show up C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C WINDOWS system WISPTIS EXE C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C PROGRA McAfee com Agent mcagent exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C WINDOWS system zstatus exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Kathy Desktop hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http localhost O - Hosts search netscape com sitefinder verisign com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - Toolbar AdSubtract Toolbar - F AABDD- - e a- B - AC A B - C WINDOWS system adsubtb dll O - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe auto O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA McAfee com Agent mcupdate exe O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -start O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE ISUSPM exe -startup O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run CleanUp C PROGRA McAfee com Shared mcappins exe v cleanup O - Startup AdSubtract lnk C Program Files interMute AdSubtract AdSub exe O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader exe lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra context menu item AdSubtract Bypass Site - res C Program Files interMute AdSubtract AdSub exe O - Extra context menu item AdSubtract Cloak Image - res C Progra... Read more

Relevancy 60.2%

My computer freezes for 3-6 seconds then goes black, after about a second it goes back to normal. This happens ALL the time its very frustrating..about 30seconds to 2min between freezes
Anyone ever experiance this or no why its doing this???

A:Comp Freezes for couple seconds then goes black..then goes normal

guess not :\

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/comp-freezes-for-couple-seconds-then-goes-black-then-goes-normal.213869/
Relevancy 60.2%

I recently had to restore a backup of the System Hive in order to boot up my PC. Please see MS link on process: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;269075

After completing the backup I need to go into the registry and try to reduce the size of the system hide. Unfortunately I the regedit widow will only stay open for a couple of seconds. I am running Win2K. Any suggestions on how I can get the window to stay open indefinitly?

Thanks,

Marco

A:REGEDIT in Win2k won't stay open for more than a couple of seconds

Typically this is either a virus or spyware. Might want to start scanning for both.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/regedit-in-win2k-wont-stay-open-for-more-than-a-couple-of-seconds.288749/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello First of all excuse my bad English Now to the question I have an odd issue with Windows Vista ultimate x I have had this before I reinstalled vista but not this frequent as it is now The symptom is that everything freezes for a couple of seconds The hard disk led turns dark while this happens The mouse cursor still works but everything else is froze I can hear a click sound from the hard drive before everything goes back random for Hard a seconds of disk freeze couple to normal Often when i try to access diffrent discs in windows explorer it take ages to access them Completly random Sometimes i can Hard disk random freeze for a couple of seconds access them without any delay but sometimes one or two will take sec or more to show the content Then windows explorer freezes but all other stuff works i can start applications I have hard drives installed on my machine and I have tried of these as C but this issue has always turned up in Vista I have tried Windows and I have not had this issue in windows However it felt slow so I went back to Vista again I have not installed any raid drivers I run all hard drive as individual discs I have the latest Bios installed I have the latest drivers installed I have used Check disc with the repair otion without any errors shown up I have set all drives to use Advaced disc performance Here is an picture of my Sata and IDE controller Uploaded with ImageShack us Win Ver Windows Vista Ultimate x SP and DX installed CPU Core I Mobo Gigabyte GA-EX -UD rev GFX Gigabyte HD Ram Gb Cosair xms mhz DDR PSU OCZ powerstream Watt HDD Samsung spinpoint gb Sata HDD Western Digital raptor gb Sata HDD Western Digital green Tb rpm Sata HDD Hitachi gb Ide

A:Hard disk random freeze for a couple of seconds

I read your problem and the symptom that is the most troubling is the tick. When a hard drive is about ready to fail, it gives a clicking sound (the click of death). May I suggest that you go to the website of your hard drive manufacturer and test your hard drive. The first thing is to back up all your important documents. You do not want to lose that valuable picture of you during the best vacation of yourlife etc.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/282696-hard-disk-random-freeze-couple-seconds.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I ve had this problem for some time now and I m losing my freakin mind trying to find a fix for it I ve searched everywhere for an quits seconds couple randomly then Audio for works a answer and I can t find anything that works It happens like this I ll be browsing along and wind up on YouTube watch a couple of videos and then the audio just quits Not like it stops working in the middle of a video or it stops working after a video finishes The audio will work for a couple of seconds after I Audio works for a couple seconds then quits randomly start the video but then it ll quit It s not just YouTube though It s all Flash video The only way I can get it working is to close the browser and reopen it I use Chrome mostly but I ve switched to Firefox and IE and it happens there too Here s the thing It s not just Flash video Sometimes when I open a video file to play in WMP the audio just doesn t work at all I have to close the program and re-open the file to get it to work If I pause a file in the middle of playback and leave it for a few minutes then try to resume play the audio quits working but the video keeps moving right along Sometimes if I try to play a file in iTunes the audio either doesn t work right off the bat or it does the YouTube thing plays for a couple of seconds and quits then I have to restart iTunes to get it to work again The weirdest thing is that it doesn t affect really anything else that I ve noticed Just WMP iTunes and any Flash video players System sounds still work properly and I ve been playing a lot of The Sims lately and haven t had any issues with audio there I m honestly at a loss I ve updated my drivers uninstalled and reinstalled them uninstalled and reinstalled Flash my browsers iTunes etc I m just not sure what else to do and I ve not run into any similar issues in my searches If anybody can give me any feedback or help at all I would be really really appreciative Thanks in advance Running Windows these are the only audio devices listed in Device Manager ATI High Definition Audio Device Realtek High Definition Audio nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

I just installed my new computer and Youtube videos play a couple seconds on it then stop I'm using Firefox For each video I a Youtube play videos couple then stop seconds get the message An error occurred please try again later I have tried all eight suggested fixes listed by Youtube Try again after minutes In most cases the video should start working again in about minutes Youtube videos play a couple seconds then stop If that doesn t work try the following tips Reload the page On many browsers you can press the F key or Command R keys on your keyboard to reload the current page Change your video s quality Click the gear icon in the corner of the video player and select a lower quality setting like p or p Wait for the buffer bar to start loading before clicking play in the video player Close other tabs or windows If you have multiple tabs or windows open in your browser try closing them Upgrade your browser If you'd like the best YouTube viewing experience upgrade to the most recent version of your browser Update your Flash Player Some videos on YouTube are streamed through Adobe Flash Player a plug-in for your web browser so make sure to update to the latest version Turn on JavaScript JavaScript is required for many features to work Make sure JavaScript is enabled on your browser Clear your cache and cookies Clearing your cache and cookies can improve the speed and performance of your browser I shut off the Youtube ads The videos may have been playing before I shut the ads off I don't remember Thanks for any replies

A:Youtube videos play a couple seconds then stop

Do you have the NoScript or the Flashblock extensions?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/564090/youtube-videos-play-a-couple-seconds-then-stop/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi My PC often lags for a few seconds every now and then The lag last only for a split second While playing a video or audio the sound drags for a split second Further my PC crashes seconds often and of for Windows a couple lags while gaming 7 freezes while playing games This has no pattern and happens at random I checked the eventvwr and found the following error Quote Faulting application name daemonu exe version time stamp x db cb Faulting module name daemonu exe version time stamp x db cb Exception code xc d Fault offset x ddc Faulting process id x e Faulting application start time x d b b b Faulting application path C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NVIDIA Updatus daemonu exe Faulting module path C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NVIDIA Updatus daemonu exe Report Id f dd - d b- e - e - feb bdf I do not know if the problem and this error are related My PC specs are Model Dell XPS Ghz I- processor GB RAM Bit operating system Nvidia Geforce GT Windows 7 lags for a couple of seconds and crashes often while gaming M graphic card Microsoft Security Essentials anti virus Any sort of help would be appreciated

A:Windows 7 lags for a couple of seconds and crashes often while gaming

The two most logical causes are dying hard drive and underpowered psu further degrading. It would be the easiest to run checkdisk/r on the drive to check it.
If it fails to complete, repairs many bad sectors, or simply takes forever it probably needs replacement.
Using Windows 7, how do I run CHKDSK? - Microsoft Community
The psu probably needs replacement anyway and to buy a tester of decent quality is at least 1/2 the price of a new psu anyway.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-lags-for-a-couple-of-seconds-and-crashes-often-while-gaming-1011674.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I m having WIFI loss Solved: seconds WIFI every couple connection of connection issues with a Sony Vaio VGN-FW E Laptop After a connection Solved: WIFI connection loss every couple of seconds is established it will randomly stop working The network adapter is a Intel WiFi Link AGN using driver version I have also tested the connection with a Cisco Valet AM WIFI USB adapter and received the same results All other devices connected wirelessly are not experiencing any connection problems EDIT I just noticed that when the Vaio is connected my other laptop starts experiencing the same connection timeouts Ping -t results on the other laptop when the Vaio is connected to wifi Reply from bytes time ms TTL Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Request timed out Request Solved: WIFI connection loss every couple of seconds timed out Request timed out Request timed out Reply from bytes time ms TTL Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL nbsp

A:Solved: WIFI connection loss every couple of seconds

change the channel on the router to use wireless channel 1 - just in case its interference - unlikely - but you do have another weaker signal also on channel 6 an 8 also overlaps

can we see an ipconfig /all from the other PC and the Vaio

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste
------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-connection-loss-every-couple-of-seconds.1041002/
Relevancy 60.2%

hello
i notice this problem almost 1 week ago and cant do anything about.. when i play music in windows media player or traktor it freezzes for 2 sec and then back to normal.. its really annoying and dont know where to start looking for the problem.. i check windows logs in event viewer but didn't see any errors related..
my system is :
asus p5kpl-vm
intel quad core q6600 2.4
4gb of ram
win 7 pro 64bit
sound card: external usb native intstruments audio kontrol 1
graphic card: nvidia gforce gt220

any help would accepted
thanks!
is there any place should i look for errors?

A:sounds freezes when playing music for a couple of seconds

I hope this will help you. Try to fix the WMP with the troubleshoot guide.

Windows Media Player Troubleshooting Guide

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/268387-sounds-freezes-when-playing-music-couple-seconds.html
Relevancy 59.77%

As soon as I stop typing, the system goes to sleep after approximately 5 seconds. All my power options is Never Sleep.
Any ideas would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

A:System goes to sleep within seconds I stop typing

Hi, forgive a basic question- are you sure it's going to sleep?
(For example, can you confirm you get a logon prompt on resuming?)

Have you checked your screen saver settings- a blank screen saver might explain what you're seeing.
Control Panel, Appearance and Personalisation, Screensaver

It's always worth search the forum- there are many many threads on sleep issues... enough to, well, send you to sleep..

This turns up from time to time.
Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums
More ideas here:
Why does my computer suddenly sleeps even though I already changed the - Microsoft Community
Windows 10 sleeps after 3 minutes, no matter what.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/38316-system-goes-sleep-within-seconds-i-stop-typing.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Problem: When I run CSGO from Steam I crash a couple of seconds in of playing. I've been playing for a while (2months) and now recently (today) the problem seems to reboot consistently after a couple of seconds. Desktop experience is fine, no crashes or random reboots there, yet (surfing).

Furthermore, I was getting NO BSODs to get the errors (logs were turned on). I turned 'Automatic Restart' from off to on and recreated the crash but still no BSODs, so unsure if it actually packed up via Sysnative.

Desktop System:

OS - Windows7 x64 OEM
Game: CSGO

New CPU/Motherboard 1year~
Bios Date: 07/17/14
OS SSD - 2years
Storage SSD - 1year~
Graphics Card 6months~Age of OS installation - 1year~

CPU i5-4690 @ 3.5GHZ
MSI Geforce GTX 960
EVGA Z97 FTW
CyberPower 1350AVR 3years~

A:Multiple Restarts when playing game couple of seconds in - No BSODs

So your computer is rebooting after a couple of seconds of the game being launched or is the game crashing back to your desktop?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/615971/multiple-restarts-when-playing-game-couple-of-seconds-in-no-bsods/
Relevancy 59.34%

I think I have some sort of infection and I d appreciate some help if you can assist System is a Dell respond Start login of couple after a doesn't seconds button desktop about yr old running Windows XP SP - last Start button doesn't respond a couple of seconds after login patches applied Sat Nov Maybe this is not related but I upgraded my zonealarm free to v on Sunday Start button doesn't respond a couple of seconds after login I am using my laptop to post this and the ZA free was also updated on this and seems to be fine Problem system boots up ok login screen appears ok when press ctrl-alt-del login seems to work ok get usual selection of icons on the screen and little icons in the tasktray right-hand side and Start button doesn't respond a couple of seconds after login quick access trays is this the correct name - it s the one on the left-hand side next to the start button on the taskbar I can start a program by moving the mouse pointer and clicking on the quick access tray e g firefox and the program opens OK However when I move the mouse pointer back to open another program e g text editor the icon in the quick access tray doesn t quot highlight quot and nothing happens Keyboard seems to continue to respond ok to most things i e can type ctrl-shift-esc to open the task manager from which I can file-run and open teh cmd window from which I have been able to cd around the disks on the computer and also shutdown In firefox I can type ok in e g google and get search results The computer doesn t respond if I press the Windows button on the keyboard or if i move the mouse pointer over the start button and click When I try to shutdown using shutdown -s in cmd window I get a message that the explorer exe process won t finish if I then click end now the pc does eventually shut down but it is much slower than usual to shut down I have tried to run spybot it is already installed on my computer and the database last updated on Sat Nov by using the cmd window but it doesn t start up I also have MBAM installed again database last updated on Sat Nov but I can t make that start either from the cmd window Otherwise I have not tried to fix this problem myself I have not tried booting into safe mode as I feel that I could make things worse if I fiddle without some expert help As I was able to get some google results I have done some searches but I haven t found the right answers so I m probably not searching for the right thing I hope that this is enough info to give you an outline of the problem and I appreciate any assistance Please ask any questions that you need for me to clarify Thanks Sam

A:Start button doesn't respond a couple of seconds after login

Run the mbam scan in safe mode then post the logs.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/428939/start-button-doesnt-respond-a-couple-of-seconds-after-login/
Relevancy 59.34%

I downloaded Winamp so I could encode some flac files to wavs. However, after the installation, when I fire up Winamp it won't stay open for more than a couple seconds. And when it shuts down it provides no error message, it's as if it is being closed in a normal fashion. Anyone know what this is all about?

A:Fresh Winamp installation won't stay open for more than a couple seconds.

If you are facing any application hanging problem, then it's time to optimize your computer.
To optimize computer follow this Microsoft link:> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/moredone/optimize.mspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fresh-winamp-installation-wont-stay-open-for-more-than-a-couple-seconds.811792/
Relevancy 59.34%

Sorry for the delay in posting this - back at work so not many hours at home This section is from button after of a couple respond seconds doesn't login Start my original Start button doesn't respond a couple of seconds after login posting in the quot Am I Infected quot forum link http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html System is a Dell desktop about yr old running Windows XP SP - last patches applied Sat Nov Maybe this is not related but I upgraded my zonealarm free to v on Sunday I am using my laptop to post this and the ZA free was also updated on this and seems to be fine Problem system boots up ok login screen appears ok when press ctrl-alt-del login seems to work ok get usual selection of icons on the screen and little icons in the tasktray right-hand side and quick access trays is this the correct name - it s the one on the left-hand side next to the start button on the taskbar I can start a program by moving the mouse pointer and clicking on the quick access tray e g firefox and the program opens OK However when I move the mouse pointer back to open another program e g text editor the icon in the quick access tray doesn t quot highlight quot and nothing happens Keyboard seems to continue to respond ok to most things i e can type ctrl-shift-esc to open the task manager from which I can file-run and open teh cmd window from which I have been able to cd around the disks on the computer and also shutdown In firefox I can type ok in e g google and get search results The computer doesn t respond if I press the Windows button on the keyboard or if i move the mouse pointer over the start button and click Start button doesn't respond a couple of seconds after login When I try to shutdown using shutdown -s in cmd window I get a message that the explorer exe process won t finish if I then click end now the pc does eventually shut down but it is much slower than usual to shut down I have tried to run spybot it is already installed on my computer and the database last updated on Sat Nov by using the cmd window but it doesn t start up I also have MBAM installed again database last updated on Sat Nov but I can t make that start either from the cmd window Otherwise I have not tried to fix this problem myself I have not tried booting into safe mode as I feel that I could make things worse if I fiddle without some expert help As I was able to get some google results I have done some searches but I haven t found the right answers so I m probably not searching for the right thing the above is from the original posting Under cryptodan s guidance I have run MBAM in safe mode there was one issue identified which has been addressed I have also run superantispyware but that didn t seem to find anything The thread where he helped me in quot Am I Infected quot is http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html Please find below the DDS txt log and I have attached the attach txt and the ark txt logs the ark txt log from GMER was over lines and almost KB so I have had to zip it to get it to fit within the upload quota I was able to boot into regular windows to run the DDS and GMER programs I did turn on the windows firewall and run defogger first I notice that now not all of the program icons that would normally appear next to the clock actually appear including the zonealarm icon However the Symantec anti-virus shield icon does appear I also get the Windows Security Center warning red shield Other icons that don t appear include the icon for the Logitech quickcam and Brother control center plus others Also the computer doesn t show all of the desktop icons straight away - it does have all of the icons in the right place but the icons don t have the right pictures - it s a temporary image like it hasn t yet retrieved the right image from the program - the computer does eventually show all the right icons a minute or so - it s sort of getting them a few at a time When it s finished the desktop all looks pretty normal with the ri... Read more

A:Start button doesn't respond a couple of seconds after login

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/429933 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/429933/start-button-doesnt-respond-a-couple-of-seconds-after-login/
Relevancy 59.34%

So I'm currently having an issue with my Wireless Laser Bluetooth and hoping someone here might have some insight on it as my googlefu is not getting any results and I really don't want to replace the mouse as I'm using it in combo with the Wireless Entertainment Desktop keyboard and pretty much love this setup right now As of late my mouse has decided to basically throw itself in to sleep mode after about - seconds of no activity This doesn't happen seconds couple 8000 a Wireless after - Mouse Laser of sleeps all the time but it's getting kind of insane as bringing it out of sleep causes some Wireless Laser 8000 - Mouse sleeps after a couple of seconds serious mouse lag and or quite a bit of moving or a click to reactivate Wireless Laser 8000 - Mouse sleeps after a couple of seconds it Anyone with this mouse ever run in to a problem like this or in general The keyboard isn't running in to any issues in regards to losing signal and or sleeping and not kicking in right Unfortunately the Wireless Laser has been discontinued so I can't even get a proper replacement for it and have to get one of the new bluetrack mice but none of them are rechargeable Any help would be appreciated

A:Wireless Laser 8000 - Mouse sleeps after a couple of seconds

Frist thing comes to mind for me is; have you checked the battery status to see if it needs replaced. On rechargable batteries, there is a set number of recharges it can have and they do go bad from time to time. I would start there first, replace the battery. Here's a link to the mouse if you have not already checked it out.

Wireless Laser Mouse 8000

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/141006-wireless-laser-8000-mouse-sleeps-after-couple-seconds.html
Relevancy 59.34%

hi,

i've installed netcat, but as soon as i type anything into it the black screen almost immediately disappears. I'm running Windows Xp Home. Is there any way i can fix this? Thanks.

A:netcat window closes seconds after typing a command

Suggests that you are typing an invalid command or that netcat is not active, hence the DOS emulator screen immediately closes.

Fron the Run windows, type CMD

That should give a "permanent" window into the DOS emulation of XP, type the command there and see what the outcome is. An error will then be clear to read instead of just closing the window.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netcat-window-closes-seconds-after-typing-a-command.592570/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi guys I've been having this problem and it's driving me nuts Literally The title of the thread is a bit ambiguous Let me explain In certain circonstences I don't know what they are maybe around Flash objects & couple problem Freeze Firefox a of open closes a windows seconds, - I am browsing normally closing amp opening tabs and sometimes Firefox freezes for a couple of seconds and when it returns I can Firefox problem - Freeze a couple of seconds, a windows open & closes see a CMD window open amp close immediately The icon always open amp close next to Fifefox to the left in the tasbar Note that I only see an icon open amp close in the taskbar only I've done scans of the following - Malwarebytes - NOD - Spybot - Search amp Destroy Malreware byte detected some quot Malware Trace quot Firefox problem - Freeze a couple of seconds, a windows open & closes I believe it's just a scary name for tracing cookies if I remember but those were promptly removed NOD detected probably a false positive something in quot crystaldiskinfo quot installation file and Spybot found tracing cookies But nothing remotely dangerous was found The problem still persists The icon in the taskbar open and close so fast that I have no time to see what it is Here si the addons I have running in my firefox --Extensions-- AdBlock Plus Download Statusbar Element Hiding Helper for AdBlock Plus Menu Editor Stylish --Apparence-- Abstract Electric Evolution --Plugins-- iTunes Application Detector Microsoft Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin Shockwave Flash Silverlight Plugin Help

A:Firefox problem - Freeze a couple of seconds, a windows open & closes

Quote: Originally Posted by Lebon14

Hi guys.
I've been having this problem and it's driving me nuts. Literally.

Malreware byte detected some "Malware.Trace" (I believe it's just a scary name for tracing cookies) if I remember but those were promptly removed,

Help!

Lebon14,

You may find "Malware.Trace" is not quite as innocent as you think.
Suggest you do some searches via Malwarebytes Forum & Google.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/181002-firefox-problem-freeze-couple-seconds-windows-open-closes.html
Relevancy 58.48%

This typing few every seconds Flicker/flash stalled! - screen all boarders is a real quot trip quot to describe There is a persistent flicker flash of all screens which when in the quot off quot canot type or us the mouse or keyboard input - second intervals - type no type And nothing stops or halts it EX The main app CHROME screen all popups screens Flicker/flash all screen boarders every few seconds - typing stalled! etc flicker flash at the boarders and screen control box top right every screen where the X red app close box shows The box boarders flicker off on every few seconds - like the red X background color flashes back grey then back to red I cannot type on omnibar search bars make the cursor work total lose of screen control and keyboard input while the flicker flash occurs in the washout color state Then capability comes back and can type a few characters then capability stops This keeps up off on state - second in sequence continually Nothing but going back to a random System Restore Point circumvents this problem That regresses all work after the old restore point And not always the same one works either Does not seem to occur in Safe Mode but being a reduced system state maybe it's just more dormant I even went as far as killing all processes with Task Manager until only CRSS and task manager and login resident processes in system A unknown to HP process called ReStart exe flashed in and out of the TM process list with every flicker It is described as quot Restart for HP quot in the description field on the TM process screen And when I killed the TM process all that I saw was the desktop theme and cursor pointer on the laptop screen - no START menu other taskbar icons - nothing And the flickering still happened with the hour glass icon Three HP calls None at HP knew what this ReStart exe is and Googe search well it was no help either F-Secure old antivirus jive Five major antivirus product full scans find no threats Reloaded Graphics drivers Did all HP hardware runs in BOOT diagnostic mode - all passed A tech at Webroot saw it with remote session support as did a HP tech with Logmein All tech support quot heavies quot finally say clear my hard drive and reload Windows and HP software like when I got it from the store Smash a fly with a sledgehammer I'll do whatever not to have to start from scratch with no guarantee's it's not a freak hardware deal I know - why not Safe Mode failure Failed months now Searched weeks and many long days I'm at a Restore Point now that stopped it If the Probook crashes I may not be able to circumvent Soon must start from purchase day No to buy another machine Is anyone curious Know the textual description is confusing - got to see it Thanks for any feedback PS New to this forum so please forgive my usage faults until I get familiar with how reponses viewed known Win PRO -bit sp CHROME amp HP Probook s

A:Flicker/flash all screen boarders every few seconds - typing stalled!

Welcome to SevenForums

Run the tool below

Click here DDS

Click on Download Now button

When the download is complete . Drag the DDS program from the Downloads folder to your Desktop

Double click the DDS icon on the Desktop then click the Run button to run the tool.

Place a check next to attach.txt and click Start . When done, DDS will open two logs DDS.txt
Attach.txt

Save two logs onto your desktop and upload them with your reply

Note
Don't zip the Attach.txt file

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/299159-flicker-flash-all-screen-boarders-every-few-seconds-typing-stalled.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Recently after I tried to add another cooling fan PC of freezing keeps after couple minutes being on into my NZXT phandom case my pc would turn on and freeze Sometimes before the windows logo even comes on my mouse and keyboard lights would turn off I have since disconnected the extra cooling fan but the problem did not go away I have PC keeps freezing after couple minutes of being on checked my temperatures and they are not very high My only thought on this problem is that when I also tried to add a nd extra fan which PC keeps freezing after couple minutes of being on did not fit well with its clamps due to the graphics card being right below the location onto my north bridge which at some time had a heat problem as all with this motherboard do but was fixed with a cooler In trying to add the nd fan I might have moved the cooler slightly and messed up the thermal paste connection However I am not completely sure because my temperatures seem normal and are not in the high range The only problems or hints I can see are the freezing after several minutes after startup not reaching the windows logo at all and my mouse and keyboard lights not turning on when the pc does not reach windows logo before being a black screen nbsp

A:PC keeps freezing after couple minutes of being on

When your computer gets a black screen only sometimes, it usually means your ram is on the way out..For example if you boot your computer and it doesn&#8217;t work, then go back an hour later, and it does work, your memory is playing up. You can try taking the ram out, gently cleaning it with an antistatic cloth, and replacing it. This may solve your problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-keeps-freezing-after-couple-minutes-of-being-on.1062339/
Relevancy 55.04%

Recently after I tried to add another cooling fan into my NZXT phandom case my pc would turn on and freeze Sometimes before the windows logo even comes on my mouse and keyboard lights would turn keeps on PC of couple freezing being minutes after off I have since disconnected the extra cooling fan but the problem did not go away I have checked my temperatures and they are not very high My only thought on this problem is that when I also tried to add a nd extra fan which did not fit well with its clamps due to the graphics card being right below the location onto my north bridge which at some time had a heat problem as all with this motherboard PC keeps freezing after couple minutes of being on do but was fixed with a PC keeps freezing after couple minutes of being on cooler In trying to add the nd fan I might have moved the cooler slightly and messed up the thermal paste connection However I am not completely sure because my temperatures seem normal and are not in the high range The only problems or hints I can see are the freezing after several minutes after startup not reaching the windows logo at all and my mouse and keyboard lights not turning on when the pc does not reach windows logo before being a black screen nbsp

A:PC keeps freezing after couple minutes of being on

Wow sorry just realized this is the wrong place for this question.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-keeps-freezing-after-couple-minutes-of-being-on.1062336/
Relevancy 54.18%

Just had this problem start today.  Basically, I'll be using my computer, and it is working fine, and then it'll try to load something and freeze up.

Some background...

Was using this afternoon, had a problem loading a page.  After a series of turning off and on, logging back in, experiencing the same problem, I finally got to the point where the system restored to a time where it previously worked, I'm guessing about yesterday morning based on what was on my desktop.

At one point when I loaded up, it ran a disc check.  I have run malwarebytes and don't have any viruses.  Please help/advise! Thank you in advance.

A:Computer freezing after using for a couple minutes

I ran a health check and in the system service checks, it failed an Abnormally Terminated Services Check.  Everything else checks out.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501409/computer-freezing-after-using-for-a-couple-minutes/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello tech It s easter so I realise some helpers might be away and help might be a bit slow as well as answers full then go in press a seconds Alt+Enter 2 screen.opens I small couple screen of DOS from me until Tuesday lol I got a problem driving me up the wall for four days now I use a developer program to make executables hobby of mine saves me going troppo called Clarion it works OK I made a DOSable program with it it works OK Once I could open to full size DOS screen by pressing the Alt Enter keys and it would stay open until I was finished with it then I could revert back to a small screen by pressing Alt Enter keys again Now if I press Alt Enter keys the DOS screen appears but it stays open in I press Alt+Enter DOS screen.opens 2 full screen then go small in a couple of seconds full screen for a couple of seconds then automatically closes back to the usual small screen I have tried right clicking on the icon properties screen and putting a dot in the full size option but this does not work I have scanned my PC for viruses etc but I press Alt+Enter DOS screen.opens 2 full screen then go small in a couple of seconds no joy there I have Dialup only so don t ask me to do a Panda or Trend scan as they drop you if you no got broadband I I press Alt+Enter DOS screen.opens 2 full screen then go small in a couple of seconds m using XP pro meg ram using a Gigabyte MB and Nivida video card XP working OK-dokie sound ok-dokie video ok-dokie screen to DOS wonkie OK what do I do now nbsp

A:I press Alt+Enter DOS screen.opens 2 full screen then go small in a couple of seconds

You can download PowerCmd and use CTRL+ENTER to test its full screen mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-press-alt-enter-dos-screen-opens-2-full-screen-then-go-small-in-a-couple-of-seconds.695080/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi.I`ve got a VGA splitter coming from the back of my PC so that I can watch things on my TV rather than the monitor.The thing is every couple of minutes or so the picture on the TV freezes for a few seconds even though the stream on the monitor doesn`t and continues to run smoothly.Has anyone got any ideas as to why this is and if there is any way of solving the problem? Cheers Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 245 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3839 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 705302 MB, Free - 499536 MB; D: Total - 9998 MB, Free - 983 MB;
Motherboard: FOXCONN, 2AAF
Antivirus: Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live! Anti-Virus, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 53.32%

my computer is typing REALLY slowly and certain programs keep freezing up. and when they freeze up i can't ctrl alt delete them so i have to keep pushing the power button to restart the computer. the computer isnt really running slow, it just keeps freezing on programs like mozilla and intunes. i have defragged, cleaned up the C drive, run an AVG and Zone alarm scan, and i have 75% free space. im pretty sure i have a trojan... but can someone tell me whats wrong with my computer and how to fix it?

A:Computer Typing Slowly And Freezing Up

What makes you thin you have a trojan? Did the scans show up anything?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/153247/computer-typing-slowly-and-freezing-up/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi random problem that just started today tabs popping up on Firefox and some weird thing while typing that backspaces automatically Thanks for your help Logfile of random's system information tool written by random random Run by Pop-ups, with Tab typing,and Mozilla problems freezing Eric at - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack System drive C has GB free of GBTotal RAM MB free Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS Tab Pop-ups, problems with typing,and Mozilla freezing system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS Tab Pop-ups, problems with typing,and Mozilla freezing system LEXBCES EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXEC Tab Pop-ups, problems with typing,and Mozilla freezing PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exeC Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AcroRd exeC Program Files GetModule GetModule exeC DOCUME Eric LOCALS Temp stfA tmpC Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exeC Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXEC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Documents and Settings Eric Desktop RSIT exeC Documents and Settings Eric My Documents Computer Safety Eric exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk-rel amp channel us amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Toolbar AIM Toolbar - DE C F- - A - B-AA ED D - C Program Files AOL AIM Toolbar aoltb dllO - HKLM Run Dell QuickSet C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exeO - HKLM Run PCMService quot C Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exe quot O - HKCU Run GetModule C Program Files GetModule GetModule exeO - HKCU Run gadcom quot C Documents and Settings Eric Application Data gadcom gadcom exe quot A B BBF B B E C C A E C AO - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - Extra context menu item amp AOL Toolbar Search - c program files aol aim toolbar resources en-US local search htmlO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MI OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll file missing O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll file missing O - Extra button AIM Toolbar - AF D- E - bda- -B C B - C Program Files AOL AIM Toolbar aoltb dllO - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MI OFFICE REFIEBAR DLLO - Extra button no name - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - no file O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - DPF - f - bb - d -f... Read more

A:Tab Pop-ups, problems with typing,and Mozilla freezing

Not trying to bump this up, but having new problems--specifically, a popup in the bottom right saying "your computer might be at risk" that comes up all the time, as well as "network connection" notice.ThanksLogfile of random's system information tool 1.04 (written by random/random)Run by Eric at 2008-12-09 18:15:21Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2System drive C: has 8 GB (11%) free of 71 GBTotal RAM: 1014 MB (38% free)Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2Scan saved at 6:15:29 PM, on 12/9/2008Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)Boot mode: NormalRunning processes:C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exeC:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXEC:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXEC:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exeC:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exeC:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\VPN Client\cvpnd.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXEC:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exeC:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\quickset.exeC:\Program Files\Dell\MediaDirect\PCMService.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exeC:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exeC:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\RSIT.exeC:\Documents and Settings\Eric\My Documents\Computer Safety\Eric.exeR1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,Default_Page_URL = www.google.com/ig/dell?hl=en&client=dell-usuk-rel&channel=us&ibd=1070421R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.localR3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dllO2 - BHO: GrandBar IE Helper - {84BA8988-33E1-4c89-A150-BF428E8D3213} - C:\Program Files\GrandPack\GrandPack.dllO2 - BHO: (no name) - {B35E5381-FD7E-4555-B9A5-BD0E7307243E} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\tuvWpMGY.dllO2 - BHO: {3b77feab-793d-0b28-48e4-c12302548e1e} - {e1e84520-321c-4e84-82b0-d397baef77b3} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ekcjeg.dllO3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dllO3 - Toolbar: AIM Toolbar - {DE9C389F-3316-41A7-809B-AA305ED9D922} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AIM Toolbar 5.0\aoltb.dllO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Dell QuickSet] C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\quickset.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCMService] "C:\Program Files\Dell\MediaDirect\PCMService.exe"O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [4cdd82b6] rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\gtfnhetw.dll",bO8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar Search - c:\program files\aol\aim toolbar 5.0\resources\en-US\local\searc... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/184575/tab-pop-ups-problems-with-typingand-mozilla-freezing/
Relevancy 53.32%

Is anyone else having FREEZING and WAITING FOREVER FOR THE LETTERS TO APPEAR while trying to type an email? I have never had this problem until I upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1. Wondering if there is an oversight on my end...some simple fix? It is driving me crazy! I so far like everything else about Windows 10...this is my only regret.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/internet-and-email/126344-freezing-slow-response-typing.html
Relevancy 53.32%

My laptop Dell Inspiron 15R 5520(Core i3 2370M 6GB ram win 7 64bit)  worked perfectly from Nov2012-April2016. 

Now the screen started flickering and jumping since a few days and there's a white dotted line that appears along the top of the screen that starts the minute there is any kind of display.
How do I figure out if the inverter on the screen is faulty or if it's the screen cable or the whole screen itself?
To satisfy my curiosity I opened up my laptop to find that the lcd cable was badly crushed under the screen hinge (definitely , a design/manufacturing issue! Will dell take responsibility?), and each time the screen was shut/open there was substantial pressure on the cable was what I noticed.
Unfortunately I'm out of warranty and I don't know what to do.
Please advise on fixing this issue.

A:My Dell Inspiron 15R 5520 screen suddenly started flickering and the screen jumps 1inch every couple of seconds and is very annoying.

same problem.
I've already tried deactivating adaptive screen light.
seems incompatibility with windows 10

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19681922
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello everyone Multiple - Errors: - of ones... smaller Couple BSOD Freezing To start off I just made an account on this forums because I read some helpful info on threads on this forum that helped me out a bit I know this problem Multiple Errors: BSOD - Freezing - Couple of smaller ones... I have is serious and strange but I am out of options now So yesterday I came home and started up my computer It is running on Windows Home Premium x You can find the spec on my profile So just a quick note I disabled the windows startup animation because it would take too long Instead a couple of small dots appear in the left top of the screen Normally this appears for sec but now nothing happened and I decided I should reboot the pc After the reboot it took kinda long again I waited this time and eventually my worst nightmare appeared a BSOD So I tried to not go and panic and search for solutions online I tried a lot of things but no result The error STOP c a Fatal System Error Eventually I found my Windows cd and was able to reinstall it So I have a ssd where windows is installed on It all looked ok so I moved on The next day it happened again A nice BSOD appeared This time things went differently When I rebooted the pc it wanted that I put a disc in and reboot to boot by that So after some trying I got the repair tool on the cd to work This took hours and then crashed freeze Great So I reboot the pc but this time I can start it up all the way to the desktop You would think problem solved No After minute or the pc freezes but I can still move my mouse Only option is rebooting When I try to run a repair from the cd it is finished within a minute and nothing happened I opened my pc case and looked if something was overheated or broken Nothing special Btw same in safe mode So I now tried to reinstall windows again When I want to choose my hard disc to install it on the ssd doesn't appear Strange When I try 'diskpart' in cmd the ssd doesn't appear in the 'list disk' But in the bios it is just there and I can start windows off it for min I haven't made changes to the pc and I got it now for years It is a custom build Someone could help

A:Multiple Errors: BSOD - Freezing - Couple of smaller ones...

Hi,

When you installed your Win7, did you unplug the other HDD's? It may be a case of one of the other HDD's was at a lower port than the SSD and the Win7 installer may have installed the bootmgr to that.

I would suggest turning off your computer, disconnecting your other SATA HDD's, leave your SSD installed to SATA3 (if you have it - fastest), reboot and reinstall Win7 on to the SSD.
(You should now see your SSD as its the only Drive installed?)

After the installation on the SSD, you may have to change the bootsequence in the BIOS, so that
the SSD Boots first.

Once up and running you can then Format and reinstall your SATA drives (If this is an option?)

If formatting is not an option try the following:
Turn off computer, uplug, re-install SATA drives and boot up the system.
It may give you an option to boot from the SSD....and one of the other drives?
If so, choose SSD and it should load up as normal?
Reboot this time tapping F8 key at the Splash screen to go into the "Windows advanced option"
From there you should be able to remove the OS partition on the other drive.

If the computer boots straight into Win7 from your SSD then you should be fine.

Hope this helps,

Cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/284446-multiple-errors-bsod-freezing-couple-smaller-ones.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Basically my computer only freezes when I'm on the internet or typing in a text field like google/address bar. Never when I'm playing modern games like Counter Strike GO, Civ V, Sim City, or other new games like that. It has froze a couple times while using a music production software like Sonar X2 though.

This was happening to me about half a year ago or so in this thread but it's gone away since the last post until now.

Since then I've replaced the RAM, HDD, PSU, and reseated the CPU cooler. It's come down to either the CPU, Mobo, or Video card. I feel like it's not the video card but I'm honestly not sure. Here's all the minidumps and the computer has froze a few times since the last one but no mini dump was created.

A:Computer freezing while browsing/typing on the internet.

Code:
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa800bdb08f8, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : AuthenticAMD

Code:
1: kd> !errrec fffffa800bdb08f8
===============================================================================
Common Platform Error Record @ fffffa800bdb08f8
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Record Id : 01ce81d26a51cc81
Severity : Fatal (1)
Length : 928
Creator : Microsoft
Notify Type : Machine Check Exception
Timestamp : 7/16/2013 3:13:26 (UTC)
Flags : 0x00000002 PreviousError

Section 0 : Processor Generic
Descriptor @ fffffa800bdb0978
Section @ fffffa800bdb0a50
Offset : 344
Length : 192
Flags : 0x00000001 Primary
Severity : Fatal

Proc. Type : x86/x64
Instr. Set : x64
Error Type : BUS error
Operation : Generic
Flags : 0x00
Level : 3
CPU Version : 0x0000000000100fa0
Processor ID : 0x0000000000000000

Section 1 : x86/x64 Processor Specific
Descriptor @ fffffa800bdb09c0
Section @ fffffa800bdb0b10
Offset : 536
Length : 128
Flags : 0x00000000

Local APIC Id : 0x0000000000000000
CPU Id : a0 0f 10 00 00 08 06 00 - 09 20 80 00 ff fb 8b 17
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Proc. Info 0 @ fffffa800bdb0b10

Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA
Descriptor @ fffffa800bdb0a08
Section @ fffffa800bdb0b90
Offset : 664
Length : 264
Flags : 0x00000000

Error : BUSLG_GENERIC_ERR_*_TIMEOUT_ERR (Proc 0 Bank 4)
The first parameter or argument has the value of 0x0, which is a Machine Check Exception, which means the CPU has detected a hardware problem and the address points to a processor error because the CPU has found one, so it could be a different form of hardware which is causing the issue.

In such a situation, it is best to use these steps:Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95
Enable "Round off checking" before the test (see first post below tutorial).
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try
All the hardware seeming to be running stable and tests reporting no errors, could mean a bad motherboard.

I couldn't see any AV protection installed, please follow:

Install and perform full scans with:Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download
Microsoft Security Essentials | Protect against viruses, spyware, and other malware

Information
Remember to install the free version of Malwarebytes not the free trail; untick the free trial box during installation. MSE is the most lightweight and compatible with the Windows 7 operating system

You can also view this thread for a complete free and lightweight security protection combination:Good and Free system security combination.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/298177-computer-freezing-while-browsing-typing-internet.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi, hope someone can help, for some or other reason my pc keeps freezing every few seconds for a second or two.

My system spec is as follows, i7 960, 24gb ram, geforce gtx 465, corsair h60 cooling, x2 tb hdd, 1000 watt power supply, asus p6t motherboard, wireless network card. Running windows 7 ultimate.

The software i have is Win 7, office 2010, avast anti virus, and a couple of small apps.

I have tested all components and everything is working.

The computer would freeze while i am gaming, watching a movie etc, after a while it goes away for a minute or two but then starts all over again. If i reboot the pc, it sometimes sorts it out for a while but then it will start again.

I have formatted my pc a couple of times hoping it would be fixed, but alas it starts all over again.

A:My PC keeps freezing every few seconds for a second or two

You can try another power supply...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-pc-keeps-freezing-every-few-seconds-for-a-second-or-two.166975/
Relevancy 52.46%

OS - Windows Ultimate x -bit or x What was original installed OS on system Windows Home Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer Retail Age of system hardware years Age of OS installation - years Specs MSI Notebook Official Website This freezing explorer.exe keyboard on typing in alt+tab, shortcuts, searches. just started happening randomly this morning Windows explorer exe freezes whenever I do any of the following and I am forced to open Task Manager to kill the process and re-run it - using keyboard shortcuts such as Ctrl C Ctrl V Del however right-click gt selecting Copy Paste Delete works - Alt Tab - Typing into forms in Windows such as the one in the start menu an explorer window at the top-right so for example I can't open cmd prompt or msconfig or anything else for that matter unless I navigate to the directory and click on it - Can't even use Ctrl Click or Shift Click to select multiple files freezes right away Any ideas Thank you for your time and let me know any other information you might need

A:explorer.exe freezing on keyboard shortcuts, alt+tab, typing in searches.

Try this free tool: ShellExView - Shell Extension Manager For Windows

Selectively disable 3rd party (non-Microsoft) extensions to see if you can isolate the problem to one specific extension. If you find it, re-enable that extension and uninstall it from Control Panel.

Good Luck!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/explorer-exe-freezing-on-keyboard-shortcuts-alt-tab-typing-in-searches-623132.html
Relevancy 52.03%

When I try to play an AVI file on my computer with VLC player it will play perfectly for a few seconds and then freeze. Here are the file's properties.

Stream 0
Codec: XVID
Language:
Type: Video
Resolution: 512 x 384
Frame Rate: 29.970000

Stream 1
Codec: mpga
Language:
Type: Audio
Channels: 2
Sample Rate: 48000 Hz
Bitrate: 149 kbs

Im using version 0.9.9 of VLC player, any ideas on why this is happening

A:Video freezing after few seconds

What are you system specs?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-freezing-after-few-seconds.836960/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi Everyone One of my brothers friends gave him a computer that he could have but it wasn t working properly My brother asked me to reformat it completely since it was probably filled with viruses and junk his friend had limewire on it Anyhoo the computer wouldn t boot at all the first time it did the countdown to start windows normally in safe mode etc but froze with seconds left Turned it off and back on and only get a black screen another time and I would get the countdown thing again but it would freeze before I can do anything I tried booting Computer within seconds freezing from a disk and it froze at that too I unplugged the HD and put it as a slave drive on a working PC and the drive shows up and I can access it fine I set it back to a master drive in the working PC reformatted it no problem The drive works perfect in the working computer I put the HD back into the quot broken quot computer it belongs to and now it freezes at a black screen with an underscore blinking in the top left If I go into BIOS it still freezes within seconds before I can even do anything I tried the working HD in this computer and it also freezes before the Windows XP screen even comes up So I don t think it s a hard drive problem It was a custom built PC a long time ago Nothing fancy on it - Windows XP MB Ram integrated graphics etc Any Ideas what is causing this to freeze up nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezing-within-seconds.1001575/
Relevancy 52.03%

LOL WRONG FORUM SOMEONE MOVE THIS TO in Freezing chrome seconds 10 every especially THE RIGHT ONE What s up new to the forum so excuse my nubness I downloaded this like an idiot Zone Alarm caught it right before it sent me into an endless reboot Now Freezing every 10 seconds especially in chrome my computer keeps freezing every or so seconds sometimes longer http www google com url sa t amp source xGTztzkOnsSMAHijack Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC WINDOWS system AppleOSSMgr exeC WINDOWS system AppleTimeSrv exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files TVersity Media Server MediaServer exeC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS system IRW exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSRMon exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files Boot Camp KbdMgr exeC Program Files Access Denied XP ADXPSS exeC WINDOWS VMSnap exeC WINDOWS Domino exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exeC Program Files AIM aim exeC Program Files GetRight GetRight exeC Program Files Sony Sony Picture Utility PMBCore SPUVolumeWatcher exeC WINDOWS Explorer exeC Documents and Settings Andy Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exeC Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Documents and Settings Andy Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Andy Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Andy Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Andy Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Andy Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Andy Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Andy Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Andy My Documents Downloads Bob exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch Freezing every 10 seconds especially in chrome search htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKCU Sof... Read more

A:Freezing every 10 seconds especially in chrome

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:Download DDS and save it to your desktopLink1Link2Link3Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear: DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"information and logs:In your next post I need the following1.logs from DDS2.log from RKUnHooker3.let me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/352228/freezing-every-10-seconds-especially-in-chrome/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I am using XP Pro and have applied all patches from MS as they are alerted via Windows Update My system keeps freezing for seconds at regular intervals in many of my then resumes Freezing for XP 5 seconds keeps and XP sessions It doesn t happen in every session but when it does it keeps happening every few minutes always for seconds and then resumes to normal Watching the task manager doesn t help because when it freezes it doesn t show which task has jumped to Even the caps lock doesn t respond After the freeze things go XP keeps Freezing for 5 seconds and then resumes back to normal I have tried closing every applicaiton XP keeps Freezing for 5 seconds and then resumes and end tasking nearly every process but it still happens which leads me to believe it is an OS problem not an application problem Any clues My hardware is fine because I have run heaps of other OSs on the same box for several years Machine is Gigabyte BX mainboard with P processor and MB of RAM and XP keeps Freezing for 5 seconds and then resumes GB Quantum Fireballl disk Thanks nbsp

A:XP keeps Freezing for 5 seconds and then resumes

If you are using AOL version 8. Get rid of it! It's no good for xp.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-keeps-freezing-for-5-seconds-and-then-resumes.108199/
Relevancy 52.03%

Problem: Random mouse/pc freezing for 2-3 seconds and flash freezing tabs on chrome or sounds crackling/pausing, and also can freeze mouse. Latest mouse freeze was on context menu of photo when i clicked properties.

I did: memtest 4 passes in 4 hours no errors, hot tester cpu stresed no errors, windows memory diagnostic passes 2 no errors, temperaures are ok, malwarebytes full scan, avast full scan nothing, hdtunes scan hdd no errors.

Configuration:
BIOSTAR Group A880G+ (CPU 1)
AMD Athlon II X2 260 Regor 45nm Technology
4,00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 667MHz (9-9-9-24)
932GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 ATA Device (SATA)
E2442 ([email protected]) 1024MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 440 (CardExpert Technology)

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

Help me please.

A:Mouse/PC freezing for few seconds

It would tell us a lot to know if running a boot disk like Linux Peppermint reproduces the problem while the OS is cut out of the loop. Peppermint3 - Create Live CD/DVD/USB To Use For Emergency Then unplug the HD and try it again.

Since you've tested hardware finish the other Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/308040-mouse-pc-freezing-few-seconds.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello My computer started freezing couple a days ago After - hours of work computer starts to freeze for seconds every minutes Then the intervals between freezing become smaller and smaller After freezing CPU usage jumps to and after second drops back few Computer for freezing seconds a to - I have GB ram Intel E CPU ASUS EAH graphics card Here is my HijackThis log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM Computer freezing for a few seconds on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost Computer freezing for a few seconds exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files LClock LClock exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files GIGABYTE P RCService P RCApp exe C Program Files NewSoft Presto PVR Monitor exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe C Program Files DNA btdna exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus ekrn exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files Common Files InterVideo RegMgr iviRegMgr exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL OLAP bin msmdsrv exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL Reporting Services ReportServer bin ReportingServicesService exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn msftesql exe C Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - HKLM Run LClock C Program Files LClock LClock exe O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run StartCCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe quot MSRun O - HKLM Run P RCApp C Program Files GIGABYTE P RCService P RCApp exe O - HKLM Run ChangeFilterMerit C Program Files NewSoft Presto PVR ChangeFilterMerit exe O - HKLM Run Presto PVR Monitor C Program Files NewSoft Presto PVR Monitor exe O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run ISUSPM quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe quot -scheduler O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run WinampAgent quot C Program Files Winamp winampa exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run egui quot C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui ex... Read more

A:Computer freezing for a few seconds

this happens to me some times when either extracting achieve files or downloading files off the internet. the reason it does it on my computer is because nod32 is scanning the files

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-freezing-for-a-few-seconds-406308.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi, I have recently just built me own computer, however sometimes when using it, it will be very slow and it will also freeze for about 20 seconds and then work again. Also when you put a disk in to install something it will take about 1 minute to autorun the disk. Does anyone know what could be causing this.
I have had my graphics card replaced, my RAM replaced and my Hard Drive replaced and still no luck, the only things I havnt have replaced are the Motherboard, CPU, PSU and Blu-Ray Drive.

These are my system specs:
Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit
ASUS P5K Premium Motherboard
BFG GTX280 1GB Graphics Card
OCZ Reaper RAM 8GB 1066
1000w PSU
Intel Q6600 CPU (Manufactured Overclocked)
Samsung Spinpoint F1 Hard Drive 1TB
Pioneer Blu-Ray Disc Drive

A:Computers Freezing for 20 seconds

Perhaps you should go back to basics and start over... no overclocking... 2 GB of RAM. Reset your system. See how it does, then if it works well, start over, keeping notes as you go.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computers-freezing-for-20-seconds.131509/
Relevancy 52.03%

my computer keeps freezin every 10 seconds then stops then again every 10 seconds, and i dont know why

i checked task manager and was able to find out every 10 seconds this new thing shows up called mshchy.com and it dissapears right after the freezing is done which last for like less then a second.

i tried scanning and deleting the spyware but still it keeps coming.

i am using Windows Xp Professional, and also this is a pretty old pc

any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in Advance

A:Computer freezing up every 10 seconds...

HiJack This Log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 8:20:36 PM, on 3/20/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\taskmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop CS\Photoshop.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\XcEpTiOnAL 1\My Documents\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://aimhome.netscape.com/aimhome.adp
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page_bak = http://aimhome.netscape.com/aimhome.adp
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 80.55.59.53:80
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {A5366673-E8CA-11D3-9CD9-0090271D075B} - (no file)
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download All by FlashGet - C:\Program Files\FlashGet\jc_all.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download using FlashGet - C:\Program Files\FlashGet\jc_link.htm
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O12 - Plugin for .pdf: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS\nppdf32.dll
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O18 - Protocol hijack: tv - {9E754710-6158-11D5-B6CE-0050DAAEA668}
O21 - SSODL: BearShare - {800373C3-C9CF-8396-6D6A-4A2147FC58EE} - C:\PROGRA~1\BEARSH~1\Installerbp.dll

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezing-up-every-10-seconds.343702/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello. I have win8 for a few weeks now and recently, while using chrome (videos, games, facebook, mail) utorrent and nothing more, the computer freezes for some seconds, around 20 to 30, If I'm watching a video the sound keeps going and then has brakes but starts again. I dont know if it's any driver or any other issue. Can you please help?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/17821-help-win8-freezing-seconds.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Anyone else got troubles with FF freezing while writing a reply?

I've no problems with IE.

I've run MSSSS.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled.

I've got the same problem whether wifi or wwan.

I've, using RevoUninstall Pro, uninstalled everything down to the essentials.

Anyone else encountered this?

Relevancy 52.03%

hey everyone

when i play mp3's on winamp or windows media player, they play as normal and then after a while the song will freeze (like pause) for a few seconds then continue playing and be fine until it decides to do it again later in the song.

this is most annoying and i have no clue at to why this is happening because it never used to.
thanks in advance,

pedro

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mp3s-freezing-for-a-few-seconds-while-playing.161567/
Relevancy 52.03%

I get a really annoying problem in only certain games where I freeze for 5-10 seconds at a time. I freeze in Swat 4, and Splinter cell chaos theory, yet I'm fine when I play Pacific Fighters, WWII Online, Rome Total War, Americas Army, and Empire Earth II.

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 4/29/2005, 11:21:48
Machine name: WARD-HELHL6HV93
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: MSI
System Model: MS-6593
BIOS: Version 1.00
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1800+, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.5GHz
Memory: 1024MB RAM
Page File: 234MB used, 2228MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

My video card is a Geforce4 Ti4600.

A:Random Freezing for 5-10 seconds.

same happens to me in Counterstrike...my choke has been going up a lot. When the compy comes " unfrozen" my ping is at 1000+ for a couple seconds, then back to normal. Sometimes it will happen every 5-10 seconds, and i reboot and the problem goes away for a little while...compy always freezes up when i am joining a game ( right before i pick which team i want on...). this has been happening for like 4 weeks now..i think some has to do with my ISP ( Time Warner - Roadrunner ), but the freezing i don't see how those could be related... I'll wait to see if someone replies to your post before i post any specs or anything big ...Dell Dimension 4600, on service pack 1 ( should i update to 2? ), 512mb RAM, Windows XP Home, and the standard ,and crappy, video/sound card on the compy...
i seem to be having problem with a trojan though ( as of a couple days ago...). i have run the nortan scan numerous times, AVG ( free scan) twice...probably a few more things i can't think of right now lol....any tips o nthat ? Nortan says it is in the taskmg.exe file ( in windows - system32 folder)...didn't sound like something i should just straight up delete, so i figured i might get some advice

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-freezing-for-5-10-seconds.357543/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello. I have win8 for a few weeks now and recently, while using chrome (videos, games, facebook, mail) utorrent and nothing more, the computer freezes for some seconds, around 20 to 30, If I'm watching a video the sound keeps going and then has brakes but starts again. I dont know if it's any driver or any other issue. Can you please help?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/17821-help-win8-freezing-seconds.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,

My computer recently started freezing for 3-5 seconds at random times. For example, while i am typing this it is happening.

It will also freeze more frequently when I am playing games for the same amount of time. It never fully freezes, only for a short period of time.

I recently restored my computer with the restore disc thinking it could be a virus, but it still freezes even after all of that. Could this possibly be cause by a part inside of the computer being loose? I travel often and this computer could have easily been dropped by someone or banged against something.

I dont know if this means anything, but while it freezes i can still move the mouse cursor around, but everything else stops and i cant click anything.

Hope this is enough informaion

Thanks,

Sean

A:Windows 7 64-bit freezing for 3-5 seconds

Is this a laptop? What antivirus or cleaning programs are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-64-bit-freezing-for-3-5-seconds.176336/
Relevancy 51.6%

Some issues you can work around but this one is a real crippler to the functioning and usage of the computer The keyboard freezes for - seconds while typing before spewing out what Id been typing Also videos keep playing with the sound in the background while the video stays frozen then jumps to the proper spot after the same - second freeze I have a clean boot of xp sp on an image and I have reloaded it several times now and lie clockwork it happens after about weeks of smooth usage it just seem to pop up at exactly the same time after the fresh install exactly the same issue I have looked at the obvious possible cause- checking cpu usage but its at or close to it The only thing Ive noticed is that it seems to happen after running games so maybe it is to do with memory i check the momory usage after playing the games and usually its on about megs of a total of gig that is plenty tho isnt it Also when I reset typing same while videos freezing Keyboard deal irritating and extremely the computer that seems to stop it for a little bit but then sure enough it comes back again after I run a game and shut down again Also I don t Keyboard freezing while typing and videos same deal extremely irritating think its a particular program because Ive Keyboard freezing while typing and videos same deal extremely irritating been monitoring what Ive been installing and can't think of anything having been put on in particular it could be but I install a program then monitor for a while after and nothing happens It seems to come back when I least expect it always luring me into a false sense of security to give me maximum frustration when it shows itself again I dont think its cos of the disk image because why would it not happen right away rather than come back after weeks This has been plaguing me for several years now but i still havent found a definitive solution for it I know i must have solved it somehow in the past because id have spells where it worked fine for month or more but I dont know how I have somehow fixed it those times allowing me month or so of usage then when I have to do a fresh install it comes back again and this time I havent been able to solve it by fluke as I have the other times Any ideas

A:Keyboard freezing while typing and videos same deal extremely irritating

This may be caused by overheating. Shut down the computer and open the side and clean out all dust and blow out all fans with a can of compressed air.
Do a Clean Boot (no startup items) If that works, add one startup item at a time until you find the culprit.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/keyboard-freezing-while-typing-and-videos-same-deal-extremely-irritating-754201.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Some issues you can work around but this one is a real crippler to the functioning and usage of the computer The keyboard freezes for - seconds while typing before spewing out what Id been typing Also videos keep playing with the sound in the background while the video stays frozen then jumps to the proper spot after the same - second freeze I have a clean boot of xp sp on an image and I have reloaded it several times now and lie clockwork it happens after about weeks of smooth usage it just seem to pop up at exactly the same time after the fresh install exactly the same issue I have looked at the obvious possible cause- checking cpu usage freezing deal and extremely typing same irritating while Keyboard videos but its at or close to it The only thing Ive noticed is that it seems to happen Keyboard freezing while typing and videos same deal extremely irritating after running games so maybe it is to do with memory i check the momory usage after playing the games and usually its on about megs of a total of gig that is plenty tho isnt it Also when I reset the computer that seems to stop it for a little bit but then sure enough it comes back again after I run a game and shut down again Also I don t think its a particular program because Ive been monitoring what Ive been installing and can t think of anything having been put on in particular it could be but I install a program then monitor for a while after Keyboard freezing while typing and videos same deal extremely irritating and nothing happens It seems to come back when I least expect it always luring me into a false sense of security to give me maximum frustration when it shows itself again I dont think its cos of the disk image because why would it not happen right away rather than come back after weeks This has been plaguing me for several years now but i still havent found a definitive solution for it I Keyboard freezing while typing and videos same deal extremely irritating know i must have solved it somehow in the past because id have spells where it worked fine for month or more but I dont know how I have somehow fixed it those times allowing me month or so of usage then when I have to do a fresh install it comes back again and this time I havent been able to solve it by fluke as I have the other times Any ideas nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-freezing-while-typing-and-videos-same-deal-extremely-irritating.1113854/
Relevancy 51.6%

hi guys,

whenever i start typing the cursor disappears and i have to repeatedly keep clicking back in the typing area multiple times in order to type a few letters more b4 it happens again. can someone plz help. i tried alot of things already

A:typing cursor disappears when typing and deselects typing box

Check Control Panel mouse properties. See if the hide pointer while typing option is set

If it is, untick the checkbox apply the change. Then OK out of the mouse properties

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/339368-typing-cursor-disappears-when-typing-deselects-typing-box.html
Relevancy 51.6%

My problem is that my computer keep lagging every few seconds the video entire display including mouse freezes and audio buzzes I can go for a while without anything going wrong on my computer but once it starts to lag it happens for about seconds on and off This happens almost randomly the freeze is about a half a second and happens one after the other I have looked at many different articles describing problems similar but all of them are talking about just a video lag or just an audio etc None of those solution have helped me At first I thought it might be my ram maybe it was faulty but i have switched the two gb sticks around and tested both so I know its not the ram So that leaves Processor Mobo and Graphics card I built this computer completely by myself and it was my first build I had a lot of issues building it and I could have messed something up I have warrantys on all three components so I can bring any of them in I just lagging/freezing every keeps few seconds. Computer dont want to waste my time or theirs by replacing something that doesnt have a problem Could anyone shed some light at all on what might be the problem

A:Computer keeps lagging/freezing every few seconds.

Well, the bad news is that it could be anything from the problems you mentioned to the PSU or OS files. Try the simple test first. Open an elevated command prompt (click start, type cmd in the search bar, right click on the entry that appears and select run as administrator. ) Provide admin permission and copy/paste sfc /scannow in the window and press enter. It will take just a few minutes. It will check system files and attempt to correct any that are wrong. Next test the ram with memtest86 for 7 passes (best to check overnight), the CPU is possible but not likely. You can test it with Prime95 watch that test very closely with a good temp monitorting program like core temp. You can use Furmark to test your GPU, watch the temps on that also. Also, please completely fill out your system specs. The computer listed in your system specs looks to be a laptop. I don't think that is the computer in question. It would help us to know the hardware you have. What size, brand of PSU do you have?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/249590-computer-keeps-lagging-freezing-every-few-seconds.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I'm not sure if this is a hardware issue or software issue.

I have a PC which freezes completely (including print jobs) every minute or so for about 20 seconds.

Anti virus/spy ware removal software has been run as well as Windows updates and the problem is still happening.

Operating system is Windows XP with latest Service packs etc.

The problem still occurs when no applications are running.

Any ideas?

Thank you!!!

A:Syetem freezing every Minute for about 20 seconds

Crashes/freezes could be due to several reasons, including hardware issues. Does it run ok in safe mode?
Check these:
1. Overheating(Open the case and check to see how much dust has collected inside it, and if there is a lot of dust get a can of compressed air and blow the dust out and clean out all dust bunnies, etc. on the heatsink/;fan combo,etc.; and be sure all the fans are spinning and properly functioning )

2. Poor power supply (weak power supply or noisey / dirty electricity)

3. Bad driver or drivers not updated, or a device conflict. Pull the connectors and push them back on. Reseat all of the cards.

4. Not enough memory or bad Ram. Missmatched ram or a bad stick of ram will cause this also. (Run Memtest86: = http://www.memtest.org and
FREE RAM Diagnostic Tool. - CST Inc.s DOS based DocMemory = http://bucarotechelp.com/computers/default.asp .
You might need to add more Ram.

5. Could be IRQ conflict

6. Perhaps the CMOS battery on the motherboard is going bad and needs to be replaced. Check it to be sure.
Also check your pc clock's time and daye, to be sure it is set correctly.

7. Hard drive could be failing.

8 Right click desktop/properties/screen saver/Power/Hibernate tab ,and make sure hibernation is not enabled, and cleann out your [L=Cache & Cookies & Temporary Internet Files and Folder: ]http://www.coloarts.state.co.us/cleanFiles.asp[/L]

9. Make sure you have updated all programs and hadrdware.

10. Motheboard short (loose screw, misplaced mounting standoff , etc.).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/syetem-freezing-every-minute-for-about-20-seconds.518470/
Relevancy 51.6%

System details Microsoft XP SP GHz AMD Athlon Dual-Core Processor GB RAM few freezing Computer seconds every five for a minutes ATI Radeon HD Series I have sxanned the computer with BitDefender MalwareBytes and done everything to try to find anything that is affecting my computer but have been unsuccessful It seems that every five minutes or so the computer freezes for about five seconds and then resumes This even happens when I am running no programs at all I Computer freezing every five minutes for a few seconds find that this seems to worsen if I run more programs and the longer that I stay on I am not sure this is a virus but I have no idea what else this could be I had installed BitDefender somewhat recently so I uninstalled this to see if this Computer freezing every five minutes for a few seconds could be causing the problem but I am stilll getting the same issue DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by user at on Sat Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Linksys Linksys Wireless Manager LinksysWirelessManager exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Documents and Settings user Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www netflix com WiHome lnkctr mhWN amp lnkce sntWi BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c program files microsoft office office GrooveShellExtensions dll BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun ehTray c windows ehome ehtray exe mRun RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE mRun GrooveMonitor quot c program files microsoft office office GrooveMonitor exe quot mRun Malwarebytes Anti-Malware reboot quot c program files malwarebytes' anti-malware mbam exe quot runcleanupscript mRun Linksys Wireless Manager quot c program files linksys linksys wireless manager LinksysWirelessManager exe quot cm min lcid mRun StartCCC quot c program files ati technologies ati ace core-static CLIStart exe quot MSRun StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup window lnk - c program files windows desktop search WindowsSearch exe IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE A- - f c- - EE C C - E -E D - - C-F F E C - c progra micros office ONBttnIE dll IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra micros office REFIEBAR DLL Trusted Zone microsoft com www update DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF - hxxp go microsoft com fwlink linkid DPF A - FA- A - A -FC C D - hxxp support microsoft com mats DiagWebControl cab DPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-F... Read more

A:Computer freezing every five minutes for a few seconds

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Also, please subscribe to this topic, so you are notified when someone replies. Please continue to check manually on occasion, as every now and then the email may be caught by your spam filter.To enable topic notifications you should do the following:Click on the My Controls link at the top of the page to enter your control panel.Scroll down to the Options category in the left hand side menu bar and click on the Email Settings link.Put a checkmark in the checkbox labeled Enable 'Email Notification' by default?.Set the If ticked, choose default type: menu option to Immediate Email Notification to have an email sent immediately when someone replied.Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/283641/computer-freezing-every-five-minutes-for-a-few-seconds/
Relevancy 51.6%

Been having this problem since internet so freezing or seconds about every minute for 10 Wednesday and cannot figure it out any help would be greatly appreciated as I go back to work this Wednesday internet freezing for about 10 seconds every minute or so and it becomes impossible to do Backstory I left my computer on overnight on Tuesday there was a windows update and when i woke up my computer had already restarted When i went to use it every usb hardware connected to my computer was not working mouse keyboard headset wifi dongle etc So I pressed the restart button Upon restarting it hung on the windows logo for minutes with no sign of moving so i held the power button until it turned off Turned it back on hung on windows logo for minutes but then turned on Everything was slow but working apart from my internet What happens For about seconds every minute or so it is a repeated pattern my internet will freeze causing freezes in games my work to close and general annoyance I ran a ping google co uk -t string in CMD and this is what happens same amount of pings between freezes http imgur com ZkHfsB if image embed doesnt work What i've triedI've used the ipconfig release renew flushdns options with no success I checked to see if the problem was to do with router but only my computer is having the problem Odd thingWhat i've noticed is if i'm in a skype call the internet is perfect not a single freeze but as soon as the skype call ends it goes back to the above This is really frustrating and the only thing i can think of is to reinstall Windows done this about times so far this year so its getting rather annoying Thanks for any help you can give

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/629646/internet-freezing-for-about-10-seconds-every-minute-or-so/