Windows Support Forum

Acer V5 booting\Windows installing issues

Q: Acer V5 booting\Windows installing issues

Hello...I will start from the begining .

I bought the Acer V5 and tried booting it up...it came with boot-up Linux which means nothing to me so I made a Windows 8 bootable USB and the problems started. First I could'n find the USB and after enabling the Legacy mode it finally found it and booted from it. Turned out the partitions are GPT and as I made the USB MBR it couldn't install so I canceled which I guess was my mistake but there was no other option. After that I created the bootable USB with GPT partition scheme and tried again. Unfortunately this time I got something called GNU GRUB....wth? I googled around and found the commands required for booting - root (hd1,0), then chainloader +1 and finally boot. Then I get the famous The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors with Status: 0xc000000e. Of course tried that couple of more times but still to no avail. I cannot recover or repair as Windows was never really installed, so I don't know what to do....Hopefully someone here would be able to help. Thanks in advance guys.

Petar

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-v5-booting-windows-installing-issues.205294/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Acer V5 booting\Windows installing issues

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 66.22%

Hi all knowledgable folk! My Acer has been working well for the year or so I've had it, however a couple of days ago things have been going wrong  Firstly, the touchpad has completely gone, does not respond at all and there is no cursor at all.  Secondly (might be related), when booting it frequently cycles through the Acer boot screen, restarting itself several times, until a Windows repair option displays, when accepting the defauly option of Restarting Windows 8.1, the PC will finally boot and I have no issues (apart from the touchpad) until I next need to boot.  Also, if the PC hibernates, it will not come out of this mode which then requires a hard reset. I've reinstalled Windows which has not helped, so I'm at a loss as to what do to next.  Any suggestions?  Maybe a BIOS update or something? Many thanks in advance all,

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-ES1-131-C3FQ-Booting-Issues/td-p/457724
Relevancy 62.78%

I am actualy posting this for a friend seeing as i am helping him with computer issues First of his issues the one i came over for he cant insall Call of Duty he ges the following error quot error - Windows Installer cant intsall the program quot or something like that also before that one you get quot error The path contains an invalid character quot call booting. Issues.. Running, Installing, Many of duty etc not all acivision games yet some do work ie Rise of nations roller coaster tycoon Battlesations Midway World of Warcraft He also has issues running some programs ie Firefox Eudemons Online Limewire Prison Tycoon Poker Drop Ventrilo they Many Issues.. Installing, Running, booting. dont open or dont patch and manualy patching also fails Genneraly slow computer he has pretty much the same setup i same cpu etc and i noticed Freezes during boot sometimes about the time before Windows boots during option to enter bios and such I am currently running a virus scan i will report on how that works out He may need a BIOS update seeing as he has Pheonix and i have Im attatching the dxdiag Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

Hi laptop... my Win7 Issues on Acer installing - I got a new hard drive for my Acer laptop I tried many things in the tutorials to no avail Hard Drive Toshiba mm GB Serial ATA- RPM HDD Laptop Acer Aspire V - P- The last thing I did was I hit Shift-F and run the diskpart command and eventually put in this command as stated in the help forums DISKPART LIST DISK SELECT DISK after confirming Windows target HD CLEAN CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY FORMAT FS NTFS Issues installing Win7 on my Acer laptop... LABEL quot WINDOWS quot ACTIVE EXIT EXIT It goes to Still I am unable to install Win It says quot Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition See the setup log files for more information quot whenever I try I see Issues installing Win7 on my Acer laptop... this quot Load Drivers quot clickable link would I ever have to load any drivers at this point If so what kind where I'm at a loss for what to do BIOS sees the hard drive I can partition it But I just can't install onto it Helllp Thank you JD

A:Issues installing Win7 on my Acer laptop...

Hi JD,
have a read of this tutorial.
Install Windows on MSATA (SSD) Drive

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/398883-issues-installing-win7-my-acer-laptop.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I ve searched quite extensively and have not been able to find somebody with windows Acer 7 problems- Booting 5741 a situation like this Here we go computer is acer aspire with windows bit my dad send me this computer to try and fix and he hasn t been Booting windows 7 problems- Acer 5741 very helpful with how the computer got to this point All I want to do is install a fresh copy of windows I have the acer system disc as well as the acer system restore discs I turn on the computer without a disc in the drive and I get a screen that says Booting windows 7 problems- Acer 5741 PXE-E Media test failure check cable PXE-M F Exiting broadcom PXE ROM BOOTMGR is missing Press control alt delete to restart With the system disc in the drive it loads the files needed to begin an install of windows and brings me to the point of choosing one of three options restore to factory defaults restore to previous point and exit I choose factory defaults it then asks for disc one I put it in then after trying to find the disc it ejects it and says to insert disc one again I don't understand why the dvd would pick up the system disc but not the restore disc I have physically cleaned the restore disc but that didn't help Any directions would be appreciated Thanks in advanced

A:Booting windows 7 problems- Acer 5741

You don't need the disks, see Remarks By Doctor Inferno .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529983/booting-windows-7-problems-acer-5741/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi,

I have a windows XP (No Discs) Acer laptop which when booting - comes up with the Acer logo and then start windows in Safe mode, normally etc

any selection , brings up the Windows XP log and then a couple of bars on the progress bar
then re-starts with acer logo and starts all over again

Any suggestions

Relevancy 54.18%

I have installed Windows 7 and then i installed Linux on an other partition of the Hard Disk
now i wanted to install windows Xp for some project work, i removed the linux(ubuntu) and installed the Xp on the same partition

the problem is that i am not able to see the option to boot Windows 7.

Please Help .....

A:Windows 7 Not Booting After Installing Xp

Here is a great tutorial on how to do what you are trying to do.

Dual Boot Installation with Windows 7 and XP

Steve

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/101067-windows-7-not-booting-after-installing-xp.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi my name is Kent nice to meet you So here i have this problem that i don't know what to do I Installing 7 up and windows Booting have my old motherboard its a Asus P S and i have some gig of ram its DDR So its done i got all the wire and stuff and i have build my simple computer and i reset the pins to so i was trying to install windows Ultimate bits And when the loading comes out it freeze and then restart by it self And i got a new Idea again my other computer have a windows on in I Installing and Booting up windows 7 went and remove it and put it on my other one The one that i just build well its works its loading well but then its freeze and then its restart again and again And now they want me to inserts the windows Cd to fix some stuff so i did put the windows Cd in it and it said it fix the problem so it restart the same problem over and over again Sorry for the long story I hope i WE can fix this Good luck not just me but you to take care all ways have a good day

A:Installing and Booting up windows 7

Hi this board was it originally for a xp system ? as the only thing I see on the asus site shows as xp ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P4S8X there are no win 7 drivers so you may have great difficulty in getting it to work with win 7,have you checked the hdd is fit to use ie run a diagnostic from the hdd maker support site

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/installing-and-booting-up-windows-7-a-570183.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Well this is a long story It started way back when my computer randomally decided to tell me that quot delay write failed quot and then i restarted my computer and it creeped along very slowly The startup took about minutes and everything after that was terrible I then found out about PIO mode and windows... PLEASE booting/installing Problem HELP! DMA mode which somehow my drive Problem booting/installing windows... PLEASE HELP! switched from DMA to PIO all by itself So then i uninstalled it restarted and then it worked perfect Everything went smoothly Only this was a repetitive course i had to keep working with Every other week my computer would start to slow down and the same process happened Sometimes boot up time would be close to a half hour So then the other day i decided to put more memory in my system I only had mb and decided Problem booting/installing windows... PLEASE HELP! to get another stick of the same and boost it up to a gb Only my computer wouldn t start when i put it in Wierd i thought So i took it back out and i had to refresh my bios by taking the battery out for a while and then booting it back up But now windows won t start It stays on the same loading screen that it used to take anywhere from minutes to a half hour and i let it sit there for hours and no progress I m running my Problem booting/installing windows... PLEASE HELP! computer off a linux live cd right now Thats the only way i can make use of this machine I have two hard drives and i decided to try and do a fresh install on my back up hard drive So i unplugged the primary booted up with a new XP disc went through the install and then when it rebooted and was doing the REAL installation where it tells you about all the great new features and error message popped up It said quot windows is missing a component fatal error quot stuff like that so i went to the log and it said quot missing C i quot or something I can t remember the exact information but either way its missing something from the install how does that even happen So how should i go about doing a fresh install on my hard drive if i get that error PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:Problem booting/installing windows... PLEASE HELP!

i'm sorry... the error was C:I386....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-booting-installing-windows-please-help.521529/
Relevancy 53.75%

So I'm attempting to help Installing Problems and Booting Windows fix my friends computer its a Gateway NV series running windows not sure what the model number is The problem is when I try to boot the computer I get a window saying quot Start Up Repair Windows cannot repair this computer automatically If you have recenly attached a device to this computer such as a camera or portable music player remove it and restart your computer If you contiunue to see this message contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance Click finish to exit and shut down your computer quot There's two options above the FINISH and CANCEL buttons quot View diagnostic and repiar details quot which opens a window saying quot Startup repair diagnosis and repair log Last successful boot time some date number of repair attempts Session Details - System Disk Device Harddisk Windows directory C Windows Autochk Run Number of root causes quot and the other option is quot view advance options for system recovery and support quot but none of the options here do too much I was given a windows upgrade disc and a windows drivers and software disc I tried booting for the upgrade disc but that Problems Booting and Installing Windows didn't work So I downloaded a version of windows and burnt it to a dvd and tried to boot from that but that didnt work either So I tried to boot to ubuntu from the cd to backup all his files and that worked I need a way to get windows back on this computer please help

A:Problems Booting and Installing Windows

So you/your friend dont have the windows 7 installer disk or haven't created a repair disk ?

At that situation you may download Download Windows 7 System Recovery Discs — The NeoSmart Files .

Download the appropriate disk image that you need in this situation, burn it in a disk , and boot it up .... then follow these tutorials .

Startup Repair

Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times

These tutorials should work .

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/182343-problems-booting-installing-windows.html
Relevancy 53.75%

have installed new hard drive western digital hddwd1916 to replace faulty c drive & tried to install windows 7. i am getting disc boot failure, insert system disc & press enter msg after switching off & on again hope you can help.thanks.

A:Problem Installing Windows 7 & Booting to DVD

Have you set your CD drive to be the first boot device in your BIOS setup page? Is the DVD you're using an original pressed CD or a DVD-R you burned?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problem-installing-windows-7-and-booting-to-dvd-597358.html
Relevancy 53.75%

A few hours ago I used EasyBCD and deleted Windows entry from it still had a Windows loader entry Due Windows installing booting problems. and 7 to that now whenever I try to boot up Windows I get a BSOD right at the icon thinggy those lights Windows 7 installing and booting problems. BSOD Error message - gt x b I do have a USB flash with windows on it and I tried to use it in order to repair or reinstall When trying to repair it sais that It can t find any instalation of Windows When trying to install it finds no drives like partitions where to install it I have tried using the command prompt and I have found out that If i write diskpart and then list volume It only shows the USB Flash and no other partitions At this moment I m running this PC with Ubuntu I can access my old Windows files and move them around Also the ubuntu instalation doesn t see any Windows instalation out there I can only chose between Wipe everything and install Ubuntu or something else As far as I remember my partitions look like sda - MB I have no clue what this is but I guess it is due to EasyBCD or something sda - MB - the one Windows always makes sda - MB - Classic C drive the place where Windows is installed sda - D drive where I keep my files Here is some info I got from ubuntu What options do I have other than wiping the entire hard drive I want to save some information from the hard drive nbsp

A:Windows 7 installing and booting problems.

If you want to save info, use your Ubuntu to boot, and copy the files you want onto a USB memory stick.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-installing-and-booting-problems.1120572/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have tried installing windows 7 on my vista machine on a seperate partition, but once all setups are complete and win 7 is ready to load, the bootloader won't come up.

This is my friends win 7 disk and he claims to have installed it several times on a clean hard disk.
To get back into vista, I had to begin reinstalling windows 7, then before i boot into it for the first time to let it configure i went onto vista and formatted / removed entry in boot loader.

I have also tried running the "are you ready for windows 7?" application and it was fine with it.

I'm currently using my vista disk to system restore and get some luck out of that, but otherwise, I have no idea. Can anyone provide some advice?

A:Problem booting after installing windows 7

Hi this is a how to on dual booting windows vista and 7 http://maketecheasier.com/how-to-dua...s-7/2009/01/11

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problem-booting-after-installing-windows-7-a-424035.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello so I've pulled all my hair out already trying to install Windows on my Acer E - laptop in UEFI mode The laptop came with Windows preinstalled and I've used that for quite a while before deciding to wipe it and clean install Windows The laptop does not have a CD DVD drive thus I can only boot installation media from an USB drive The original installation was in UEFI mode and in order to switch it to Legacy BIOS so I could install my 7 Windows Acer E1-510 - UEFI Installing Windows I had to download an update for Acer E1-510 UEFI - Installing Windows 7 the BIOS which made such a switch available It installed and ran fine for some time Afterwards I decided to switch over to mainly using Ubuntu So I wiped the drive saving only crucial data like photos and such to a backup USB drive I have installed Ubuntu in UEFI mode with GRUB as my bootloader I swapped back to UEFI mode and disabled Secure Boot Since some of my applications which I use are unavailable for Linux I want to keep a Windows x installation on a small partition in a dual-boot environment so I can reach for it if I feel the need for some of my applications So borrowed a friend's PC to clone my Windows DVD to my USB drive in GPT format so I can boot from UEFI At first it was immediately giving a winload efi missing error the Setup couldn't boot but when I re-imaged it to my USB drive it Acer E1-510 UEFI - Installing Windows 7 started to work It shows up a progress bar saying quot Windows is loading files quot and then reaches the animated logo As soon as the animated logo starts the screen freezes and I get a red bar on top of my screen along with my Acer E1-510 UEFI - Installing Windows 7 fans starting to spin full-speed I've tried booting the same USB on my friend's PC and it gets to the entire installation without any issues I've reached the point where I actually choose which partition to So basically - install to A quick Google Search about the red bar yielded me that Windows doesn't support GOP which from what I've read is the functionality to display an OEM logo while the Windows is booting In Windows I'd get an Acer logo with the white dots spinning around below it suggesting Windows is starting up I've also read that to bypass that I need to enable CSM in my BIOS however I could not find such an entry anywhere in the setup utility Is there something I am missing I'd really prefer using Windows to or because of the whole Metro layout I also don't really want to wipe everything and recreate in Legacy mode I'll consider it as a last resort option Thanks for all the help

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/396461-acer-e1-510-uefi-installing-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

im trying to installing windows 7 in acer E5-411G but i can't. need help. thanks.

A:how to installing OS windows 7 in acer E5-411G ??

Are you trying to install the windows 7 that was already shipped with our computer?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-7/how-to-installing-OS-windows-7-in-acer-E5-411G/td-p/319724
Relevancy 53.32%

im trying to installing windows 7 in acer E5-411G but i can't. need help. thanks.

A:how to installing OS windows 7 in acer E5-411G ??

Are you trying to install the windows 7 that was already shipped with our computer?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-7/how-to-installing-OS-windows-7-in-acer-E5-411G/td-p/319724/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 53.32%

I have ACER Aspire 1652 laptop which was preinstalled with XP it has a Centrino 1.73 G and 2 GIG of memory installed and 80 gig hard drive and I want to install Windows 7 but ACER do no longer supply any drivers for Windows 7 for chipset, graphics, LAN drivers for Windows 7.

Does Windows 7 have the necessary drivers?

Kind regards,

Walter

A:Installing Windows 7 on a ACER laptop

I cananot guarantee that 7 will have every single driver, but I have to rate the driver service as excellent. Very few have had problems in that area. Be sure to install while on line.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/112310-installing-windows-7-acer-laptop.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello Booting/Repairing/Installing Windows XP Problem with everyone I have an Asus EEE PC PX running Windows XP which wouldn t boot displaying the following error Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt System Drivers Ntfs sys I researched a lot about this problem and concluded that the best thing would be a repair And so having no CD DVD drive I made a bootable USB Flash Drive with the Windows XP installation and slip streamed into it the SATA drivers However the screen showing me the currently installed OS and allowing me to repair it never displayed and so I couldn t make an automatic repair Therefore I tried Problem with Booting/Repairing/Installing Windows XP repairing the system using the Problem with Booting/Repairing/Installing Windows XP Recovery Console Repair option The problem I encountered here was that while I Problem with Booting/Repairing/Installing Windows XP was able to rename ntfs sys into ntfs old I was given an Access is Denied when I tried to copy the new ntfs sys on the drive using this line copy D i ntfs sys C windows system drivers Therefore I gave up and made a format followed by a clean install of Windows XP encountering yet a new problem when the installation completed and the system restarted The new error message is now as follows Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt lt Windows root gt system hal dll Please re-install a copy of the above file The solutions I read about involve yet again booting from the pen drive and making some amendments using the recovery console However I cannot do this since the error screen pops up as soon as I boot from my flash drive Can there be something wrong with my hard drive Or my XP Installation CD However I have installed windows from it several successful times I know that there are a lot of posts regarding these problems but neither of them seems to address my problem directly I really appreciate any help from you guys Many thanks nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

i installed windows 8.1 using pendrive after shuting down that laptop is not starting. During boot it is not showing anything.Nothing is happening even after i press f2 or f10 or f12.my laptop is lenovo g570 please help me.

A:lenovo g570 not booting after installing windows 8.1

Hello sagarap and welcome to the forum! How did you create the pendrive, from an ISO and where from? Any errors during installation? What OS was on it before? After install did you make sure the BIOS was set to boot from the hard drive?

Some more info would help.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/50807-lenovo-g570-not-booting-after-installing-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

HI,
Yesterday i installed the windows update from Windows and slept. On the next day morinig i was not able to boot the system. Please help.

A:Windows7 not booting after installing Windows update

Did this machine go into hibernation during the update?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows7-not-booting-after-installing-windows-update.1074817/
Relevancy 53.32%

My operating system is giving out i am locking up regularly now i feel i have too many things installed on a vary small drive to pinpoint the problem i have been neeeding a second hard drive for a while now i think its time The question is how can i boot off of one hard drive but install all my applications on the other as if i where booting my OS booting installing one drive, another windows things on on but off of a gb ssd just big enough for booting windows on one drive, but installing things on another the operating system but actually installing things on my second hard drive i am NOT getting an ssd unfortunately booting windows on one drive, but installing things on another i am not rady that was just an analogy hopfuly it got the point accross though i donot believe this is a form of dual booting which is what comes up when i search the issue your help is appreciated i already know an ssd will benifit me more than another hdd but i do not have enough room to support all my things and am closing in on gb left on booting windows on one drive, but installing things on another my hard drive that being said im looking at a terabit hdd at rpm i wont be changing up to a new one for a LONG time

A:booting windows on one drive, but installing things on another

Just install the operating system as usual, and when installing programs go into the advanced install options and change the location to where you install your program.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/230300-booting-windows-one-drive-but-installing-things-another.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello all I'm new to this forum and got the one due to need of formating the hard drive for following reason booting Installing at errors in 7 due Stucked windows to I was going to going to reinstall windows professional x version of windows in my laptop but during installation I got structed at the point where the earlier partitions are to be deleted and new ones are to be made I got the option from custom install to give the path for new C drive and others Here is the basic of problem the installation was taking very long time to delete my earlier partitions nearly mins So I derectly pressed the power button and shut down while the deletion of earlier C drive was going on my laptop eject the DVD on next boot but now nothing Stucked at booting windows 7 due to errors in Installing was appearing after booting So I again tried to do the same installation but this time the installation was stucked at the windows icon 'Starting Windows' Icon Please help with this issue

A:Stucked at booting windows 7 due to errors in Installing

You can boot to a command prompt using you W7 install disc. Command Prompt at Startup

After getting to the command prompt, you need to run Diskpart with the Clean option. Disk - Clean and Clean All with Diskpart Command

Next boot with the W7 disc and start the install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/253227-stucked-booting-windows-7-due-errors-installing.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello everyone, pls I need your help to resolve the issue I'm having with  my HP Pavilion DV6000 PC, the problem started wih my laptop speaker, and I tried to make a system recovery to get the issue fixed but after the recovery I was asked to install a window cos it was runing on window 10. and while installing the window I mistakenly took the power adapter out from the laptop and it went off cos my battery is bad, I powered it on  and I have been trying to reinstall the window back but its not installing. this is the message its bringing up:

THE COMPUTER RESTARTED UNEXPECTEDLY OR ENCOUNTERED AN UNEXPECTED ERROR. WINDOWS INSTALLATION CANNOT PROCEED. TO INSTALL WINDOWS,CLCK OK TO RESTART THE COMPUTER, AND THEN RESTART THE INSTALLATION.

I have done what it says but still having the same issue, pls I need your asistant.  Thanks

A:laptop not booting after recently installing windows 10

treasureplant41 Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about your laptop no longer booting in Win10 and wanted to help.There's no telling how much damage you did by removing the power adapter, so let's hope the simple fix will work -- repairing the boot loader files. To do this, you will need access to a working PC for this step in order to create the media needed to repair your PC boot loader.Once you have that, please download and create Win10 install media from this link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install?ocid=ms_wol_win10Note that when you go do download and build install media, the tool defaults to matching what is already installed on your PC (as in, Home for Home, 64-bit for 64-bit).  While you CAN change these settings, do NOT. If you do, the resulting media will be different and will force you to enter a NEW product code!Boot from the media you created, and follow the directions in this link: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2294-advanced-startup-options-boot-windows-10-a.htmlYou will need to go to the Advanced Options screen and click on Startup Repair.  You will probably have to run Startup Repair three times for it to fix all the boot loader problems.If your PC then boots OK, you're good to go.  IF it does NOT boot, then more damage was done than the boot loader files. And, in that case, you would have to completely reinstall Win10 to get the PC working again, and while you CAN do that from the Win10 media you already made, since you can't boot into Windows, your only option is a clean-install, and THAT will erase everything on the PC and start clean.  So, the problem there is that you would have to copy off the files and data you want to save to an external drive or USB stick before you did the reinstall.Good Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks.If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/laptop-not-booting-after-recently-installing-windows-10/td-p/5606313
Relevancy 53.32%

i installed windows 8.1 using pendrive after shuting down that laptop is not starting. During boot it is not showing anything.Nothing is happening even after i press f2 or f10 or f12.my laptop is lenovo g570 please help me.

A:lenovo g570 not booting after installing windows 8.1

There is a separate Windows 8 forum. Since this is a Windows 8 issue, best to post there.

Windows 8 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/339381-lenovo-g570-not-booting-after-installing-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Ok so the title explains it all. The booting time for any windows installation takes way too long. Does anyone know a fix for this. If there is none, its not that much of a big deal. But a fix would be nice. Also some windows programs take a while to also boot up their installation, like office 07.

A:Booting time for installing windows is very long?

Hi

Do a google on housekeeping for PC, its doing things like running msconfig, clearing the cache, IE file history, etc etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/booting-time-for-installing-windows-is-very-long.136835/
Relevancy 52.89%

I need help.

I had my MP3 player pluged into my pc via usb cable, near the end of me loading songs onto it, me PC froze then re started, but gets as far as the windows logo and shut down and re starts again this time with options to go into safe mode, safe mode with network, safe mode with c promt, last known configuration and normal mode.

I have tried the last known one and the same thing happens. I can get into safe mode but am unsure what to do from there.

I hope this can be fixed, as I don't have the windows and office discs

A:Windows Xp S2 Booting Issues

hmmmmmmm.....See you posted this a month ago and no response. I posted today a similar problem and have not recd answer so far. This problem must be extremly hard to diagnose or a no brainer and no one told us. . Iam moving on to another help site.

sl2

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/56023/windows-xp-s2-booting-issues/
Relevancy 52.89%

ok so i had a laptop that i went to boot up and it showed the lenovo logo, then went to a white screen its the first time i have ever seen this issue. Has anyone else come across this bug and have any advise on how to fix it. im trying to fix this without having to do a reinstall if possible any ideas. thank you

A:issues with booting up windows 10 pro

Could be the display driver, have you recently updated this driver ? Do you have a Windows 10 Disc made ? Can you provide exact model number of Lenovo.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/32980-issues-booting-up-windows-10-pro.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello..

I have a hdd, and an ssd. Both have windows installed. However, to boot up from the ssd, I have to have both drives connected so the bios runs the windows boot manager, so I can select to start windows from the hhd or start windows on the ssd.

When I unplug the hhd, the bios removes the windows boot manager, leaving the ssd unable to be booted from.

When just the ssd with windows is plugged in, my computer tries to boot directly from the ssd instead of going through the windows boot manager ending with a non-bootable disk error.

Any assistance so I can remove this old hhd from my pc one and for all?

Thanks a ton guys!

A:Booting Windows from SSD issues..

try this:
1) boot from windows install dvd/usb.
2) Press Shift+F10 for cmd.
3) Type:
bootrec /fixboot
bootrec /fixmbr
bootrec /rebuildbcd

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/booting-windows-ssd-issues-277246/
Relevancy 52.89%

I am having problems with my HP laptop booting back up. I moved my laptop last night from 1 place to another and it shut down. When I tried to boot back up, I received this message:

START WINDOWS NORMALLY

When I hit this message, it tries to boot back up normally and then I get a blue screen that comes up for a quick second that says:

STOP: c0000218 {Registry File Failure}
The registry cannot load the hive (file):
The message pops up so fast that I am not able to read everything on the page.
Then it repeats the whole process over and over.

Please let me know if I need to get more details from that page to determine the malfunction.

Relevancy 52.89%

I have Windows XP Home Edition and one morning I tried to turn my computer on and found that windows will not boot up It goes into a continuous loop and the Windows XP screen will come up where it is thinking but will never actually bring up windows After - minutes it goes back to rebooting I have pressed F to try and change order of boot phases but am not to knowledgeable of what to do there but tried various different things to no avail I have tried Issues Windows Booting to boot in Safe Mode and other options Windows Booting Issues available on that screen but still not able to bring Windows Booting Issues windows up I have not tried to use the CD s yet as I m afraid to lose any files that I have on my Hard drive I am a lost and have tried what I know If there is any help that people may provide please help me My computer is a Compaq Presario Laptop and I had purchased in I know it s old but never had major issues until now

A:Windows Booting Issues

I've had that happen to me before. I asked around here, and got pretty much no answer. I couldn't boot in safe mode, w/o networking, or even in command prompt without it restarting.Mine didn't stop until i re-installed windows. So, instead of losing all your files, do this:Download a version of "Live Linux" (like Knoppix or Puppy Linux). When you download and burn the files to a cd, insert the cd into your malfunctioning computers CD drive. The next time it boots up, it'll boot directly to the linux OS (should, anyway). That way you can save any files you want to. E-mail them to yourself, put them on a floppy/thumb drive, send them to a friend to be retrieved later, whatever.Then, keep Knoppix or whatever Live Linux distrobution you downloaded. It's been a major factor in my computer history, since windows seems to crash about as often as you hit the "F" key on your keyboard. I still have files that are 6 years old, but have had to re-install windows at least 6 times on 2 different boxes.Hope this helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/55963/windows-booting-issues/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi I have Vista OS loaded as the default one by Acer I recently installed windows on a formatted partition which formerly had my data And I believe since then I haven't been able to use the Acer D D recovery It should come up by pressing Alt F during POST but it doesn't I have made sure that it is enabled in the BIOS I went through lot of forums and they suggest it's an Acer after issue Acer 7 D2D installing recovery windows MBR issue and that it may have been deleted or something Someone suggested me to use partedit and change partition ID to and Acer D2D recovery issue after installing windows 7 then run some command like quot mbrwin exe install quot but after doing that I couldn't load any of the OSs I somehow was able to repair recovered as it shows in the dual boot screen now both of them by using windows DVD thank God And on top of that Acer D D still doesn't work Any Acer D2D recovery issue after installing windows 7 solutions on the issue Thanks

A:Acer D2D recovery issue after installing windows 7

Quote: Originally Posted by The AudGuy

Hi,

I have Vista OS loaded as the default one by Acer. I recently installed windows 7 on a formatted partition (which formerly had my data). And I believe since then I haven't been able to use the Acer D2D recovery. It should come up by pressing Alt+F4 during POST, but it doesn't. I have made sure that it is enabled in the BIOS. I went through lot of forums and they suggest it's an Acer MBR issue and that it may have been deleted or something ?? Someone suggested me to use partedit and change partition ID to 07 and then run some command like " mbrwin.exe install ^@(% ", but after doing that I couldn't load any of the OSs. I somehow was able to repair (recovered as it shows in the dual boot screen now) both of them by using windows 7 DVD (thank God). And on top of that, Acer D2D still doesn't work. Any solutions on the issue ? Thanks!

Sorry I must be dense. what is the issue? Once you went from vista to win 7 the recovery partition was for all intents and purposes dead. It can only (using a vista dvd) restore you to vista.

What was it you were trying to do?

You can of course (if you have a win 7 dvd) set up a new recovery partition that will get you back to win 7

So?

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/76379-acer-d2d-recovery-issue-after-installing-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi   I tried to reset my laptop on new SSD drive using the Recovery media i created using the Acer tools, but it failed with errors. Is this supported? I also tried to boot the laptop with SSD drive that contains teh cloned partitions from hhd drive and it failed to load teh windows.  Anyone has success story for moveing off the 1 tb hdd to ssd with this laptop?

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-r14-installing-Windows-10-home-using-Recovery-media-on-SSD/td-p/435928/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi   I tried to reset my laptop on new SSD drive using the Recovery media i created using the Acer tools, but it failed with errors. Is this supported? I also tried to boot the laptop with SSD drive that contains teh cloned partitions from hhd drive and it failed to load teh windows.  Anyone has success story for moveing off the 1 tb hdd to ssd with this laptop?

A:Acer r14 installing Windows 10 home using Recovery...

What is your complete model number?  Example of a complete model number: Acer Laptop Aspire R 14 R3-471T-76BM Edit:  To answer your question, yes I replaced the  1 TB HDD with a 250 GB SSD on an R14 and used the USB factory default recovery drive without any problems. (Although it was an R14 that came pre-installed with Windows 8.1).  However, on a different R14 that came pre-installed with Windows 10, I successfully created a USB factory default recovery drive, and then wiped the SSD drive, and then sucessfully put it back to factory condition with the USB factory default recovery drive. My only suggestion would be to..... 1. Re-install the 1 TB HDD2.  Backup your important personal files3.  Reset/restore the computer to factory condition: http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29934/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDY0MjEyMTg... 4.  Create USB flash drive recovery media (again)5. Remove the 1 TB HDD6. Install clean SSD(if you don't know how to have a clean SSD, then read this.)7. Insert the factory default USB recovery drive that you created in step 48. Turn on computer and reset your PC.9. That's it.  

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-r14-installing-Windows-10-home-using-Recovery-media-on-SSD/td-p/435928
Relevancy 52.89%

Is it possible to format and install Windows Xp Pro on Acer Aspire 7750z which originally had Windows 7 installed on it ? It is Canadian version Acer or bought in Canada anyways.

I see there is a Euro version laptop which is same model number, but it has Windows Xp on it and drivers for it to download.

My question can I use Windows Xp Pro, with the drivers on Euro version will it work ? Or will all the drivers used for Windows 7 work with Windows Xp ?

Since I prefer using Windows Xp anyways. I wish to do so if this is possible ?

Thanks

A:Installing Windows Xp Pro on Acer Aspire 7750z

If the specs are the same for the Euro model yes it should work.

A word of caution mainstream active support for XP ends in April of next year(no more security updates) and many vendors have already stopped updating drivers for XP so I would expect security issues with XP to become worse.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installing-windows-xp-pro-on-acer-aspire-7750z-682469.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I was trying to install a ubuntu distribution to my primary hard drive (along side Windows 7) and at 99% of copying files the setup reported there was not sufficient memory to install backtrack. I cannot boot back into windows 7 as the computer resets before getting past the boot screen (shows 'starting windows' as normal then the screen blacks and takes me back to BIOS).
this process loops unless I select windows repair option, which does not fix the problem.
The Backtrack live CD won't let me delete the new, half-installed partition, so therefore I cannot change the windows partition back to it's usual (small) size of 55GB.

All help would be appreciated as I need windows on my PC for work

Thank you to all in advance.

A:Installing linux distribution has stopped windows 7 booting

To Remove Linux take look at this post:
Error 0xc0000225 on boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/203321-installing-linux-distribution-has-stopped-windows-7-booting.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have been having major issues lately with my HP Pavilion DV t laptop running Windows Professional The computer is about years old and has had no issues up until about two weeks ago At the time I started to have trouble loading windows The OS would often Even OS Computer stops the booting 7 Reformatting/Re-installing Windows After fail to load and generate a blue screen error Computer stops booting Windows 7 Even After Reformatting/Re-installing the OS and reboot itself before the windows loading screens had completed cycling through Afterwards the PC would typically fail to start if I rebooted it again and instead prompt me to run windows repair and or system restore At first running those utilities would fix the issue and the computer would work again for a Computer stops booting Windows 7 Even After Reformatting/Re-installing the OS day or two However I found that these problems would just start up again soon afterwards and that I was eventually unable to start up windows at all At this point I was even unable to even boot up safe mode The drivers for safe mode would start to load but then the loading sequence would eventually freeze up and nothing would happen often the computer would just crash after a few minutes After the PC tried to prompt me to do system repair a few times after crashing or producing a BSOD error it eventually would not work anymore and I would have no way to access windows It would also not let me conduct system restore after going through the routine of not loading windows a few times After I got to this point I decided to just go ahead and reformat the whole computer and reinstall windows from scratch Every other option I had such as repairing the current windows installation was not working at that point After I did this and re-installed the OS it appeared to fix the problem at first However the computer ended up having the same issues I had in the first place where windows would not load the not long after I had done a complete reformat reinstall It would then again prompt me to do a system repair system restore like I did before I reformatted the PC only to end up almost completely inoperable soon afterwards Since I first reformatted the PC I have done a reformat reinstall about times only to end up with the same result I should note that it appears that everything runs fine until I go to install the drivers for my ethernet wireless card which is the first driver I need after doing a full re-install Once I get connected to the internet the computer will crash following a BSOD error but then restart and act normal for a while It is not until the next day or about - hours after having the computer shutdown that it will not boot up into windows It doesn't seem to matter if I reboot or shutdown the computer multiple times soon after reformatting it I should also note that I have tried a number of anti-virus anti-spyware programs after re-installing windows to see if that may be causing the issue I ran superantispyware Malwarebytes anti-spyware anti-rootkit Kaspersky anti-rootkit CCleaner and Avast anti-virus but came up with no issues Does anyone think this is a software related issue or that this may be due to a hardware issue I feel that the computer wouldn't turn on at all or wouldn't let me re-install windows in the first place if it was a major hardware issue causing these problems Let me know what you think I could do to help get my PC to work again Thanks

A:Computer stops booting Windows 7 Even After Reformatting/Re-installing the OS

Are you getting any error codes when the computer blue screens? Those would be helpful in narrowing down the cause of the problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503134/computer-stops-booting-windows-7-even-after-reformattingre-installing-the-os/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello I am not sure that this topic is in the right section but here goes I have a portable bootable Windows XP Professional SP built with USBoot on my Toshiba GB external USB HDD It works perfectly for when I run virus scanners and cleaning utilities at work as well as do photo editing and d modeling at school The only problem is I ve been able to boot it on every computer that supports USB so far except for my own computer at home My home computer is a Dell Dimension and it does support booting from USB devices I use to run Slax and then Kubuntu off of it and they booted fine off the drive on my home system but it was frustrating to have to deal with their incompatibilities in a mostly Microsoft world Unfortunately now when I try to boot portable windows from it on my home system I get quot Error Loading Operating System quot Windows issues XP Portable Booting which leads me to believe that the Bios is at fault An idea I had was to bootkick it from some CD or use some form of boot loader that points to the USB drive and doesn t fully rely on the Bios ability to boot it But I have no idea how to do that for Windows XP alone or if it s even possible What would be really cool is if the CD could also help with booting it on systems which their Bios doesn t support USB booting But if there s some other way that I can use to make this work I would love to hear about it It s AM and I m tired so I m not sure if I included everything that s needed but Portable Windows XP Booting issues as far as I know that s all I have to say Any Suggestions or Help would be very much appreciated

A:Portable Windows XP Booting issues

Hi There

Its actually not a good idea to have windows XP on a portable drive as when you move it to a diffrent PC the configuration of the OS changes to that PC, So I would recommend Installing XP onto your home drive and do not try booting XP from a portable HDD again as this damages the files on the disk as the OS has to install new devices everytime itstarts

What you could try at work is , go system properties , advanced , enviroment varibles and set the following system varibles :Varible Name: devmgr_Show_non_present_devices Varible Value : 1

Now go to device manager and click show all devices (hidden devices) , the one's that are greyed or washed out icons , you could uninstall without affecting your system. This should work

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/231519/portable-windows-xp-booting-issues/
Relevancy 52.46%

My computer would not boot Windows I am getting a error message
"Diskette drive 0 seek failure"
"System volume on disk is corrupt"
what should i do I cant get on safe mode either or run a system restore

A:Windows Vista booting issues

Is there a disk in the floppy drive?
Have you been getting disk errors or strange behavior previous to this error during boot?

If the hard drive is dying or dead you may be able to backup your important data by using a Windows PE boot disk, a linux live CD or something like Norton Ghost.

If you don't need anything on the disk, try to run a drive diagnostic using a boot disk and see what errors, if any, are returned.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-booting-issues-547617.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello This is my first post to this forum but hopefully a Booting 2000 Issues Windows good one I have a PC running win k A few days ago it displayed the message Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt lt windows root Windows 2000 Booting Issues gt system ntoskrnl exe Please reinstall a copy of the above file After reading about the problem I decided to boot the computer from my win k CD and select to repair the windows installation from my emergency disk Well that took care of the message displaying but now windows does not attempt to boot at all Here is the twist I have a seagate GB hard drive installed on the PC via a SIIG PCI UltraATA controller card Since this is the case I had to press F when running the recovery CD and insert my controller card driver floppy disk Since the recovery process accurately found and checked my hard drive I figured that would fix everything But now after rebooting it almost seems like it is not even trying to access the hard drive to boot windows anymore After going thru the motherboard BIOS and then the controller card BIOS it seems like it gives up just a blank black screen and perhaps cannot find the hard drive Do I need to re-install my controller card drivers again even though I installed them during recovery when I pressed F and inserted the driver disk If so how and where do I install them I can still get to the hard drive using quot DOS quot in win k CD recovery console so I know the physical connection is there Any help would be greatly appreciated I have alot of data on the hard drive and would prefer not to lose it Thanks nbsp

A:Windows 2000 Booting Issues

Try doing a repair again, frantically hit the f6 key as before to install the drivers. This time do a fast repair and select all three options. I can't recall their names. If you can't see what i'm talking about let me know and i'll do it on a machine at work tomorrow.

Then try to boot to windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-2000-booting-issues.18343/
Relevancy 52.46%

I'm not good with this sort of 8 WINDOWS BOOTING ISSUES NOT & XUBUNTU tech I installed Xubuntu on my LENOVO G laptop I followed a tutorial telling me switch to UEFI mode or something and to make laptop boot from USB I put Xubuntu on my USB All seemed fine but now when I turn my laptop on I can't choose to boot into windows or Xubuntu its just always Xubuntu and a black screen saying grub and the only option on that screen that works is Ubuntu It is such a bad install that Xubuntu did not even have the software centre and so I can't install anything Xubuntu works without XUBUNTU & WINDOWS 8 NOT BOOTING ISSUES having my USB in which is annoying as I would have preferred USB boot into Xubuntu otherwise default windows or windows and xubuntu showing side by side as a dual boot so I can select which one I want to boot into Please anyone help me get back into windows I've XUBUNTU & WINDOWS 8 NOT BOOTING ISSUES read I need a windows bootable usb iso I was lucky to find on Xubuntu desktop a folder by the name of WINDOWS OS And it has files from when I used windows I don't want to lose these files or programs Please help

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/xubuntu-amp-windows-8-not-booting-issues-4608664/
Relevancy 52.46%

So I recently installed some windows updates on my desktop and then I started getting some crazy boot errors I would get Kernal stack inpage error or on some reboots I d get unmountable boot volume When I boot up now the CPU gets to the issues Booting Windows with XP Multiple page where it says Microsoft Windows XP and then it restarts itself automatically and Windows XP with Multiple Booting issues then gives me the option to boot XP home edition or Windows recovery console for about seconds and then I get the option to try it in all the safe modes which don t work because it gets stuck at gagp kx sys and then automatically reboots If I choose last know good configuration it just reboots itself It s become a cycle that never stops with the reboots I ve gotten a blue screen that tells me run chkdsk f but if I can t boot xp that does me no good This old desktop didn t come with the installation disk either I ve searched all around but nobody else seems to have this exact issue Any help would be greatly appreciated Chris

A:Windows XP with Multiple Booting issues

I've gotten a blue screen that tells me run chkdsk /f but if I can't boot xp that does me no good.chkdsk (chkdsk /f is one option) can be run from the Recovery Console which it seems, you already have installed on the system to boot into. HOWEVER ... given some of your "crazy boot errors" ... I recommend that you first run the hard drive manufacturer's diagnostic utility, because I suspect your hard drive may be failing.What is the brand (manufacturer's name) of the hard drive in question?To determine the hard drive manufacturer ... there are two ways you could do this:Open the box and read the label on the hard drive (you may have to remove the hard drive to see the label?).Enter the BIOS Setup Menu, and look at the information presented about the hard drive that is detected (if you have more than one hard drive, make sure it is the one that your Windows system is on): It will probably display the model number ... if not the brand name ... and then we can check that model number to determine the manufacturer.
Start tapping the appropriate key (usually the DELETE key) after powering-on the system, to enter the BIOS Setup Menu:
How To Access the BIOS Setup UtilityPlease let us know that information and I will be able to link you to the correct tool to download, and provide instructions to run the test.Edit: Correct BBCode

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/418890/windows-xp-with-multiple-booting-issues/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello I am a relatively average user a few months back my my installing Problems Windows 5740dg Acer on 7 Aspire gf's laptop started to give me randomly blue screens and it restarted Recently i had some free time to get into it and tried to format amp install windows again when i came across some weird problems First things first My specs Acer Aspire DG CPU intel core i MB GHz Mhz FSB Ati monility radeon HD GB Ram Windows x ultimate Whenever i used to try with the DVD or a USB stick made it bootable my windows installation could never make it past the part of picking operating system It was also taking longer than usual on the quot starting windows setup quot So i Problems installing Windows 7 on my Acer Aspire 5740dg got myself into looking for a solution when i came across some threads and posts about disabling FDD and removing any other devices which in my case i Problems installing Windows 7 on my Acer Aspire 5740dg get no option to enable disable FDD so i just put it at bottom of the boot list Nothing changed though my next attempt was to make my HDD from ACHI to IDE in BIOS Yet again it wasnt a problem solver I've tried BIOS reset on default and still the same After looking at it more I decided that my best course of action was to use the command promp While on instal windows screen i did quot shift amp f quot and got into bootrec exe options After trying the bootrec rebuildbcd i got the following msg Scanning all disks for Windows installations Please wait since this may take a while Successfully scanned Windows installations Total identified Windows installations The operation completed successfully then i tried to use the bcdedit export C BCD Backup and it couldnt find it in order to contnue Next thing i followed this guide to format my HDD SSD HDD Optimize for Windows Reinstallation Got it all except the installation part which it just wont go past the OS to install it wont take any click or the enter key-arrow keys both on DVD and USB Sorry if im not explaining myself well im not a native speaker Thanks in advance for any help notes -My HDD is online amp active -Both DVD and usb work perfectly -My Keyboard has keys that dont work after a critical shot of cola which i cleaned well But still im using a wireless KB since -The Bootrec command ScanOs couldnt find an OS before i format my hdd

A:Problems installing Windows 7 on my Acer Aspire 5740dg

Well as it happends, so far so good windows is instaling.
The Alt key seemed to cause troubles..i pressed it couple times during the starting setup screen.
So problem was the cola on the laptops kb.And messed up my alt key..i hate cola.
Solved i guess.So much for a damn button...

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/336654-problems-installing-windows-7-my-acer-aspire-5740dg.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello,
I recentlry installed windows 7 professional 32 bit on a travelmate5720 acer and when i 'm trying for example to install adobe flash player BSOD appears and you know the rest.My question is should I keep windows 7 and try to find the correct drivers, if there are any, or should I reinstall windows xp which were working fluently. Here is my zip file after bsod error finder and the report file but it's in greek I hope that the codes of error could help you if you need anymore info just send me a pm or post it n my thread.
Thank you in advanced and sorry for my bad english.

A:Bsod after installing windows 7 into acer travelmate 5720

Hello tiesgr,

The dumps point to eamonm.sys as the probable cause.
eamonm.sys is related to ESET Antivirus, which is notorious for causing BSODs.

In order to eradicate the BSOD, please try to do the following:
Remove/Uninstall ESET and use MSE at least to test.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00001018, memory referenced
Arg2: 00000002, IRQL
Arg3: 00000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: 9223b031, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------
READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from 82988848
Unable to read MiSystemVaType memory at 82967e20

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:
eamonm+7031
9223b031 83791800 cmp dword ptr [ecx+18h],0

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1

PROCESS_NAME: poqexec.exe

TRAP_FRAME: 8a13673c -- (.trap 0xffffffff8a13673c)
ErrCode = 00000000
eax=00000000 ebx=85cde8b0 ecx=00001000 edx=00000016 esi=92292f54 edi=000001a8
eip=9223b031 esp=8a1367b0 ebp=8a136824 iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na pe nc
cs=0008 ss=0010 ds=0023 es=0023 fs=0030 gs=0000 efl=00010206
eamonm+0x7031:
9223b031 83791800 cmp dword ptr [ecx+18h],0 ds:0023:00001018=????????
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 9223b031 to 828605fb

STACK_TEXT:
8a13673c 9223b031 badb0d00 00000016 8a136758 nt!KiTrap0E+0x2cf
WARNING: Stack unwind information not available. Following frames may be wrong.
8a136824 8881eaeb 85ce6a80 8a136844 8a136870 eamonm+0x7031
8a136890 888219f0 8a1368d4 85ce6e28 00000000 fltmgr!FltpPerformPreCallbacks+0x34d
8a1368a8 888351fe 8a1368d4 88838f3c 00000000 fltmgr!FltpPassThroughInternal+0x40
8a1368bc 888358b7 8a1368d4 85ce6e28 85cf1ae8 fltmgr!FltpCreateInternal+0x24
8a136900 8285658e 856bb1d0 856bbae0 85cf1b44 fltmgr!FltpCreate+0x2c9
8a136918 82a65367 aa5a3c82 8a136ac0 00000000 nt!IofCallDriver+0x63
8a1369f0 82a44b6e 856919d0 858d8de8 85ca4d20 nt!IopParseDevice+0xed7
8a136a6c 82a54f80 00000000 8a136ac0 00000240 nt!ObpLookupObjectName+0x4fa
8a136acc 82a4ba5e 8a136c30 848d8de8 8a136b00 nt!ObOpenObjectByName+0x165
8a136b48 82a8cf8a 8a136bf8 00100002 8a136c30 nt!IopCreateFile+0x673
8a136ba4 82a1d326 8a136bf8 00100002 8a136c30 nt!IoCreateFileEx+0x9e
8a136c70 82a77182 8a136ce4 85ced008 85cdee58 nt!IopOpenLinkOrRenameTarget+0x12f
8a136d18 8285d21a 00000014 0010fb70 004a3f78 nt!NtSetInformationFile+0x967
8a136d18 771770b4 00000014 0010fb70 004a3f78 nt!KiFastCallEntry+0x12a
0010faa4 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 0x771770b4
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
eamonm+7031
9223b031 83791800 cmp dword ptr [ecx+18h],0

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 1

SYMBOL_NAME: eamonm+7031

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: eamonm

IMAGE_NAME: eamonm.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4c18e21e

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0xD1_eamonm+7031

BUCKET_ID: 0xD1_eamonm+7031

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/224974-bsod-after-installing-windows-7-into-acer-travelmate-5720-a.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I'm having some troubles trying to get Ubuntu bit dual-booted with Windows bit Firstly I burned the latest ISO from the official Ubuntu website to an GB USB formatted to FAT- using Universal-USB-Installer I then restarted my computer and changed the USB boot order to position proceeding to dual and 10 Windows Ubuntu Issues 15.10 booting boot through the USB and then selected the 'Try ubuntu' option The computer successfully launched into the Ubuntu operating system however when I selected the install desktop icon and have confirmed setup installation I am greeted with the following error Force UEFI Installation This machines's firmware has started this installer in UEFI mode but it looks like there maybe existing operating systems already installed using BIOS compatibility mode If you continue to install Debian in UEFI mode it might be difficult to reboot into any BIOS-mode operating system I looked around to find the cause I've tried disabling Fast Boot in the BIOS Issues dual booting Ubuntu 15.10 and Windows 10 and Windows operating system as well as looking for alternative installation approaches using Legacy non UEFI BIOS however the issue still seems to be occurring Could anyone help me with this please can provide more information on request

A:Issues dual booting Ubuntu 15.10 and Windows 10

This tutorial worked for me:

Installing Ubuntu/Linux Mint on UEFI System with Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/thr...ndows-8-8-1-10

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/36742-issues-dual-booting-ubuntu-15-10-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 52.03%

my computer doesn t seem to want to boot however when it does actually boot and run windows it works fine as far as i can tell in the systems configurations all the devices show to be working properly this is my st build and i am learning as i go any useful suggestions would be greatly appreciated note whenever i get the computer booted and running it works fine but when i shut it down and then turn it back on later i have to start all over again i get error messages and a blue screen system specs ASUS M N TD MOTHERBOARD ASUS N- WIRELESS CARD ADAPTER ASUS ENGTS X GRAPHICS dump with issues/crash 7 windows booting CARDS APEVIA WARLOCK WATT PSU AMD PHENOM IIX PROCESSOR ASUS DVD - RW SATA PLUGINS SEAGATE BARRACUDA RPM MB CACHE TB INTERNAL HDD SATA PLUGINS WINDOWS BIT FULL OEM VERSION ONBOARD COOLERMASTER CASE FANS X MM AND X MM error codes are as follows x x fb xfffff f xfffff f xfffff c f x x booting issues/crash dump with windows 7 xfffff a c xfffff a cc x their seems to be different error codes on each unsuccessful boot however when windows does load properly the computer works fine or until i try to download example downloading drivers then i get the blue screen with the crash dump

A:booting issues/crash dump with windows 7

STOP 24 errors...can indicate a problem with either the NTFS file system...the hard drive itself...or Windows file ntfs.sys.I would try the chkdsk /r command equivalent in Win 7, http://www.webtlk.com/2010/02/25/how-to-fi...d-in-windows-7/.If that fails, it's probably the file system or hard drive, IMO.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/347653/booting-issuescrash-dump-with-windows-7/
Relevancy 52.03%

So backstory time I built a desktop and threw in my laptop HDD and installed the proper drivers and everything was perfect Then I decided I should probs get rid of my Music partition and instead integrate it into my main Windows one not even sure why I made a separate partition So I went into another Windows install on a separate HDD and copied over my music to transfer back to my HDD since I don't have enough space on it Then here's what seems to have messed it up I deleted the Music partion which removing partition issues booting after 8.1 Windows was to the Windows 8.1 booting issues after removing partition left of Windows and extended the laptop Windows HDD inside a different Windows drive Now when I try and boot with either System Reserved or Windows as active it takes - minutes on quot Preparing Windows quot after I sign in it just boots to black desktop with a mouse ctrl alt delete pops up right but task manager doesn't open ctrl L also locks the PC It has the same results with Safe Mode with Networking enabled ScanOS shows no Windows OSes I have no restore points made so I gotta figure out what to do I have Pro that I will upgrade to as Windows 8.1 booting issues after removing partition soon as Windows works Windows 8.1 booting issues after removing partition again as the OEM code from the laptop doesn't work on the desktop Honestly if you can tell me a way to keep my programs and Appdata working fine on a fresh Pro install it'll work perfectly

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/64705-windows-8-1-booting-issues-after-removing-partition.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I want to install Windows 7 on an HP Pavillion Desktop which happens to have a
Sata Harddisk with an IDE DVDRW.
I set the boot Priority to the DVDRW then the Harddisk and placed the Windows disk on the dvd drive to boot from it.
But it is not booting from the CD as booting still goes to the Harddisk.
My understanding is that SATA takes First Priority.
Well in such a scenario what does one do in order to install Windows?
Please note both drives are detected in the BIOS

Thank you all for your advise

A:Solved: New Windows Installation Booting Issues

SATA doesn't take priority, I've installed Windows 7 numerous times from PATA/IDE drives with a SATA drive.

Are you sure the DVD drive works? Can it read a DVD properly? Also you mention CD, but Windows 7 comes on a DVD.

Also since this is an HP you can press ESC, F10, or F12 and choose a one time boot device rather than changing BIOS boot order.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-windows-installation-booting-issues.1015490/
Relevancy 51.6%

I'm having acer al2216w windows 7 screen resolution issues with ati radeon 8500

IT's a brand new xps9000 stidio cps I have the following specs,

Intel? Core™ i7-920 processor(8MB L3 Cache, 2.66GHz), 64bit, 6GB Tri-Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1066MHz – 6 DIMMs 750GB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive, ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB GDDR5.

Any suggestions it was working fine with my xps600 windows 7 ?

Dell tried a few things like installing updates and uninstalling and reinstalling to see if they could find an issues and nothing.

Thanks

Brian

A:acer al2216w windows 7 resolution issues

Dont know if it will help, but I was having an issue using my AL2216W as a second monitor. Resolution was locked at 640*480. Turned out it was in Analogue mode for some reason. Check your settings in the monitors on scree menu.

Secondary Monitor Resolution Problem

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/84537-acer-al2216w-windows-7-resolution-issues.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi new here just looking for a bit of advice as i'm stumped A couple of months ago i switched of my perfectly working laptop went to switch it back on again and had blank screen with just cursor I tried re-installing the OS but a combination of wrong discs and stress meant i gave up Finally got around yesterday to paying someone to re-install the OS and low and behold startup windows issues. 5315 Acer 7 w/ a working laptop Until last night when i Acer 5315 w/ windows 7 startup issues. went to turn it back on again and this time startup wouldn't get past the quot breathing quot windows image The person who repaired Acer 5315 w/ windows 7 startup issues. has now re-installed yet again fortunately at no cost to me but i'm now terrified to switch off incase it happens again The person who repaired it says its not the hard-drive as he ran a diagnostic and it's working fine He's also done checks for viruses and malware each time and found nothing Oh and system restore won't work once the startup problem occurs Has anyone came across this before and can reccommend how to fix the issue as i'm guessing it's only a matter of time before it happens again

A:Acer 5315 w/ windows 7 startup issues.

Anybody? Would love to know by tonight as i can't leave it on all night! :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-5315-w-windows-7-startup-issues-534000.html
Relevancy 51.6%

My Acer Aspire Windows waking Acer issues 8.1 up/restarting V laptop Windows has been Acer Windows 8.1 issues waking up/restarting having problems waking from sleep mode the last few months The Acer Windows 8.1 issues waking up/restarting computer wakes up with the fan running keyboard lights on etc but the screen doesn t turn on If I have a second monitor plugged in then the second monitor occasionally will run as the main screen upon start up while the laptop screen is black Sometimes the screen will display the quot Acer quot initial startup screen and then go black Manual restart of the computer will sometimes work after several restarts I do a power drain if this doesn t work turn off computer unplug remove battery hold down on off button for min replace battery plug in computer turn on Most of the time this allows the computer to turn back on normally Does anyone have any ideas as to why this happens so I can attempt a permanent fix Is there residual power left or static in the hardware that causes the screen to malfunction I use my laptop for work so am constantly transporting it back and forth in sleep mode so I can leave applications open Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - U CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer Aspire V - P Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-windows-8-1-issues-waking-up-restarting.1143179/
Relevancy 51.6%

So i finally realised after hours and hours of research Acer actually had the problem of not giving out Acer-Windows issues!! Driver 8-Atheros correctly configured drivers and the such in nearly all acer laptops there is a atheros integrated chip of some kind and All of us are suffer from the same problem thanks to these they make our connection go limited after a few minutes no idea why but its definetly on Acers side does anybody have a fix for this until they release the drivers properly Acer-Windows 8-Atheros Driver issues!! they said v would fix it but it didnt so i went back to v for now this still disconnects also any help would be appreciated My laptop is a Acer Aspire V - Card is Qualcomm Atheros AR BWB Guess ill need some links to backup my point so here you Acer-Windows 8-Atheros Driver issues!! go - -http community acer com t Notebooks-Netbooks Acer-wifi-limited-connectivity-issue td-p -http www neowin net forum topic -qualcomm-atheros-ar bwb -wifi-adapter-no-longer-works-in-rtm-did-in-rp page- -http www ppartyka com tutorial-windows- -laptop-keeps html -http www forumswindows com network-sharing wpa -psk-problem-cannot-connect-network- htm -http community acer com t Notebooks-Netbooks Aspire-V - -wireless-disconnects m-p U -http community acer com t Notebooks-Netbooks Does-updated-WiFi-driver- - - - -fix-anybody-s-intermittent m-p M nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

I have recently installed windows 7 professional on an acer aspire 5680 and having a few problems regarding updating drivers for a few devices (orbicam, touchpad, realtek audio etc.)

Since acer doesn't offer windows 7 compatible drivers for this model, I was wondering if anyone has had similiar problems and found some sort of viable solution(s). Thanks

A:acer aspire 5680 windows 7 issues

I have acer aspire 5515 and just used the original ones that were intended for vista for the web cam. Many of the others (touchpad. hotkeys, display/audio) downloaded automatically from Microsoft via windows update upon installation once I had internet.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/54356-acer-aspire-5680-windows-7-issues.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey So I had a problem today in which Windows decided that it wouldn't boot Instead it would just reboot constantly This happened after I heard a ticking repair trying reinstall booting, Issues with Windows Windows and to noise from my computer things started to freeze and so i had to restart When I tried to turn it back on I had the above problem NOW I Issues with Windows booting, Windows repair and trying to reinstall tried to use Windows Repair option that is there by default It loads up the blue windows background gives me a pointer but then doesnt do anything I have a W repair disc I booted to it That too done the exact Issues with Windows booting, Windows repair and trying to reinstall same thing it lets me choose the language keyboard style to use and then sits on the blue windows background and gives me no options Finally I have a full W installation disc that I booted to I tried the repair option and got the same problem as before I also clicked the quot Install Now quot button and it has been stuck on quot setup is starting quot for over minutes now with no hope of it doing anything So currently I cannot repair or install Windows I assumed it was a harddrive failure but why wont my disc based solutiions even work Any help would be great thanks

A:Issues with Windows booting, Windows repair and trying to reinstall

Brumski some system specs mate please that ticking sound sounds like a hard drive to me but without any specs mate it is hard to tell you what to do.

System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/311094-issues-windows-booting-windows-repair-trying-reinstall.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi nbsp I have updated my laptop to inspiron Z to windows on july After upgrading wifi options and wifi settings didn t show up in the settings menu I tried to run dell diagnostic tools but nbsp all the results are shown as nbsp windows issues 10 Dell Inspiron ?? 14Z booting 5423 quot passed quot how could it happen and i thought it might be due to driver issues and tried to re-install the wifi Dell Inspiron 14Z 5423 windows 10 booting issues ?? drivers to my surprise i couldn t nbsp find any drivers in the dell site and nbsp after performing quot detect service tag for driver update quot it says drivers are upto date nbsp So after complete disappointment i rolled back my OS to windows and everything worked fine Again on august st a menu popped nbsp up on my laptop saying your laptop nbsp is good to upgrade as nbsp DELL team tested and no sign of any issues bla bla I thought may be this time the upgrade may work and updated my OS and again disappointed to notice that wifi failed to detect in windows So left nbsp with no option i tried nbsp quot Reset quot option in windows for clean install nbsp This time wifi worked and i am happy and nbsp quot sound quot failed to detect Again ran all those dell diagnostics all the results show quot passed quot Tried to download dell sound drivers from dell site but i could not see anything in the site while running tests in the boot menu i have encountered nbsp blue screen error and from then my laptop failed to boot and i could only hear beep sounds Tried resetting the button underneath the latoptop but no use Any other Z users facing the same issue

A:Dell Inspiron 14Z 5423 windows 10 booting issues ??

Hi douglas, 
      Does  your laptop have warranty?. if so you can call dell support to fix the laptop
sgasrock
I think i have a possible solution by replacing cmos battery. since i don't have warranty and majority of the tech people  bluntly say it is motherboard or chipset failure. please open the youtube link and find a "James C" comment which says he fixed the 3 beeps  by changing a cmos battery
www.youtube.com/watch
I suggest this solution ..only if you dont have warranty and moreover i was thinking to change cmos battery after purchasing it

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19645320
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi I'm having quite a few issues with my computer and just don't know enough to know what to do or where to start with what the root problem s are or if this is even the right board to post to I just want my computer to a point where it runs well again and to keep it that way Here's some info about my computer I hope it's helpful to start with & Issues Vista...Booting/Fan Slow Windows running Windows Vista Dell Vostro VOSTRO Intel Core Duo CPU E GHz GB RAM -bit Operating Windows Vista...Booting/Fan Issues & Slow running System Here are the biggest issues lately On startup the fan runs really hard and fast almost like an engine revving up It also does it if the computer has gone to sleep after inactivity If the screen is left on the computer will wake itself back up after a period of time and the fan will rev like it does on startup This doesn't seem like a good thing but I have no clue what to do Recently I've been deleting old photos and files that aren't needed and using Slim Cleaner to clean up my computer to help it run better Today something happened after I did a run with the program and I started getting messages every time I navigated to a new page in firefox that said Adobe Flash r or something like it has stopped working I updated my firefox and went to reboot my system and it didn't want to reboot I had to hit ctl alt del to get to the option to go to boot system and managed to get my computer going that way I'm not sure if this is an internet problem or a computer problem our browser has been ridiculously slow and not responding To navigate to simple html pages is even an issue how do I know if this is my computer having trouble running firefox or the internet service What other info is needed to help Thanks for any help you can offer

A:Windows Vista...Booting/Fan Issues & Slow running

Can't anyone help me?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-booting-fan-issues-and-slow-running-707097.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello everyone this is my first post here I looked around this 6935 Acer to having issues few Aspire Windows 8, upgrade a website and I found that the people in here are very kind Anyway I installed Windows Professional onto my Acer Aspire g and I found a few problems - The brightness does not change at all wether I press FN and Right or Left or do Acer Aspire 6935 upgrade to Windows 8, having a few issues it from Windows It doesn't change - The sound and bass sounds perfect after installing drivers but every now and then it fuzzes so for instance when an error appears it makes a quot fzzzzzz quot sound and it's annoying I did something to it and it might be working fine now I have to wait and see Those are the problems I am having at the moment I have to wait and see if I get more problems on Windows I have it dual-booted with Windows just in case if anything goes wrong and thank lord I did I am typing this in Windows right now because Windows is having some problems Please can anyone help - Ikram P S sorry if I posted this in the wrong category I did not know which one to put it in

A:Acer Aspire 6935 upgrade to Windows 8, having a few issues

Can anyone help? I having been waiting a while now.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/44615-acer-aspire-6935-upgrade-windows-8-having-few-issues.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have an Acer Aspire 9815WKHI Laptop running Windows Vista Ultimate. Most of the time when i start my laptop it goes through the BIOS and POST as normal but when it gets to loading Windows it stays as a black screen.

About a week ago i tried an Acer Erecovery to do a System Factory Restore but it failed and I had to do a hard reboot. Since then I have had major problems, it seemed to have wiped the systems from 2 External Hard Drives and it is having the startup problem. It wont let me do a system recovery or a factory restore.

Can someone please help me and also work out why it is wiping the External Hard Drives system.

A:Solved: Windows Vista / ACER Erecovery issues!!!!

Always unplug usb devices from pc when installing an os.

when finished with your recovery then proceed with hooking up your externals

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-vista-acer-erecovery-issues.858224/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello,

I used nLite to create an Windows server 2003 disc that had the SATA drivers
included.I have installed Windows server 2003 that had the above drivers by
deleting the already existing Windows vista operating system on Acer Aspire
AM5641. But when I was installing, it skipped the following
files.............cmnicfg.xml, ipcfg.xxml, osinfo.xml, potscfg.xml,
pppcfg.xml,
xmlp_bdg.xdr, xmlp_bec.xdr, xmlp_beu.xdr, xmlp_ecp.xdrxmlp_ecu.xdr,
xmlp_fcd.xdr, xmlp_fcw.xdr, xmlp_hlp.xdr, xmlp_loc.xdr, xmlp_mas.xdr,
xmlp_mcc.xdr, xmlp_mcu.xdr,xmlp_mpc.xdr. I want to install SAP R/3 on Win
server 2003. Will I face any problems in future..as some files are skipped
when installing.

Thanks for the reply.

A:Files skipped when installing windows server 2003 on Acer Aspire AM5641

Just run sfc /scannow (copy and paste that into run, or command prompt )
You will need your Windows server 2003 CD (maybe)

Also confirm all backups are complete (even though it's just a standard Windows command, sometimes installed personal firewalls and Antivirus softwares can cause issues during the scan)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/files-skipped-when-installing-windows-server-2003-on-acer-aspire-am5641.113425/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello, I would like to dual boot windows xp and windows 7. I currently am using windows 7 but I would like to install windows xp alongside it on a separate partition. I created the partition in disk management in windows seven and I booted from my xp disk and it goes through the beginning processes and then says entering windows setup and then goes to a blue screen saying that my computer needs to be shutdown. Please help me bypass this or something. Thanks.

A:Dual-Booting Windows XP and Windows 7 Issues

You may have installed Windows Seven in the AHCI mode.
XP will blue screen because the AHCI drivers were not installed for XP.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/221625-dual-booting-windows-xp-windows-7-issues.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have an Acer Aspire 5750 laptop that I recently updated to windows 10. Since then I have had two independent intermittent problems that happens multiple times a day. The first one is I loose the batter icon and have found the only way to restore it is to re scan for new hardware in the device manager. I have to do this every time it happens multiple times a day. The other is for some reason my wifi drops out. For some reason it is still on and can see my wireless network but won?t connect to it unless I restart the entire laptop. This is really making me hate windows 10. Any help would be great ThanksT

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Apire-5750-windows-10-wifi-and-battery-issues/td-p/448583
Relevancy 50.31%

I ran into an issue recently with Dell E with I U CPU and dedicated graphics card The entire system stops responding randomly and gets worse after some time The fix I found was to update the Bios firmware from dells drivers website Released Jan th When attempting to upgrade the bios of the processes will fail A second update to the bios firmware will complete one of the steps needed to update all areas of the bios So update the bios twice back to back After this attempt to boot into windows It will likely still E5570 Firmware Windows Booting issues, Bios Dell Crashes, not work What I found was to shut down unplug the power cord then wait seconds then plug back in This should restore the OS to working condition This happened to Dell E5570 Booting issues, Windows Crashes, Bios Firmware me on brand new machines I attached some pictures that will show the weird issues that were occurring If you have similar issues then its likely the bios You will need another machine to download the bios exe file onto Dell E5570 Booting issues, Windows Crashes, Bios Firmware a flash drive Insert flash drive then when you boot up the computer and see the dell logo push delete a few times until you see the text on the upper right then push f several times until you get in Then go to bios firmware update Select browse then click on the bios exe file you downloaded Takes a few minutes to install the firmware that will fail to complete the first time DO NOT SHUT OFF THE COMPUTER DURING BIOS UPDATE PROCESS Btw these machines were only a few hours old when this started Track pad would not respond properly random windows freezing SSD would not load OS random firmware update failure with no attempt to update Dell E5570 Booting issues, Windows Crashes, Bios Firmware the firmware screen turning purple flickering screen etc Good luck

A:Dell E5570 Booting issues, Windows Crashes, Bios Firmware

this just happened to me after doing the a07 bios update.  it failed on the firmware and then crashed on reboot.  it is now trying to do a repair and that is not working either

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19670741
Relevancy 49.88%

help I'm soooo confused I'm trying to handle a lot of data over several disks Have a laptop on the network connected via a router and network drives and shares have been working well in Windows so far I've reached a point where I'd like to create shares using cmd I found and downloaded rmtshare exe and after some time I managed to create some network shares on a windows desktop using the command rmtshare computername sharename drive path grant user f remove everyone It works but When I try this on my laptop same OS however I get quot command failed error quot The interesting thing is I can create and delete network shares on the desktop computer DESKTOP when at the command prompt ON THE LAPTOP ACE but not vice versa rmtshare ACE returns the network shares but none can be added or removed Same user account pwd on both machines same OS same workgroup now too So I can create shares on the desktop computer from EITHER computer using for example rmtshare DESKTOP moreusers c users grant zephyr f remove everyone but when trying the equivalent on the laptop rmtshare ACE somemoreusers c users grant zephyr f remove everyone I 7 aspire ultimate d250) rmtshare one issues on (acer windows laptop get the error rmtshare computername works on both machines when calling both machines ie it lists all network rmtshare issues on windows 7 ultimate laptop (acer aspire one d250) shares but only shares to the desktop can be created Sharing via explorer using properties and the sharing tab works fine on the laptop it's only when setting up networks shares to the laptop from either the laptop or the desktop where I run into this issue Weird Anyone any ideas Hope this makes sense and thanks for any suggestions or advice THANKS Jonny

A:rmtshare issues on windows 7 ultimate laptop (acer aspire one d250)

well the rmtshare stopped working on both, but I'm still able to map networks, just unable to set "advanced" permissions on the share. Any info still, of course, most welcome

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/170783-rmtshare-issues-windows-7-ultimate-laptop-acer-aspire-one-d250.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello I received a Acer Aspire one D - Net book for Christmas year ago This was the first computer that was really mine and I learn a lot about computers while trying to find work arounds for this computer's pathetic hardware stats Anyway I find my computer still bogged down with starter software stuff I installed but don't know is there and possibly a virus or At this point I would rather just wipe everything off this netbook I have all my beloved files saved virus free on a flash drive There are issues with this though My Windows Cd key was destroyed by the heat this thing gives off and I removed it months ago because it was completely unreadable I still have the box but from every tutorial I have read you need that key Could it possibly be on the box Also Acer Recovery requires you make a CD factory default copy which seems totally Ridiculous as this thing doesn't have a CD drive I have Power ISO to mount a image on a flash drive but is any other software better for this purpose Lastly I don't want Factory Default software bogging it down again on boot-up Will that spam-ware show up on the default software If it does is there a way to specifically not let install on it again Let me know if there is anything you might need to know about it Thank you for reading and thanks for any answers in advance -Nomworthy

A:Windows 7 starter 32 bit Acer netbook Hard drive wipe specific issues

Information
We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD.
startup repair disc-create

Did you make the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?

Acer Empowering Technology > Acer eRecovery Management.
Acer Support - Answers, E-Mail, Chat - How can I restore my computer with the backup discs I created?

Manual how to use Acer eRecovery Management here:
ftp://ftp.support.acer-euro.com/notebook/empowering_technology/NB%20ET2%20user's%20guide/Acer%20eRecovery%20Management%20English.pdf

Have you tried pressing <Alt+F10> at boot up, to goto the Acer eRecovery Management.
Acer Support: Frequently Asked Questions list for How to use Acer eRecovery

You can Order Acer recovery disks from here:
https://secure.tx.acer.com/RCDB/Main.aspx?brand=acer

You may/may not have the option to make a USB Recovery Disk.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/198317-windows-7-starter-32-bit-acer-netbook-hard-drive-wipe-specific-issues.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Ok to issues Windows Re fix Need installing 7 help. so my computer is having a lot Need help. Re installing Windows 7 to fix issues of issues lately I believe it is because of Need help. Re installing Windows 7 to fix issues some Need help. Re installing Windows 7 to fix issues registry issues that cleaners have caused I cant install many driver gpu drivers some games etc I built this computer its very fast i use it for gaming and school work Now heres what i want to do I have hard drives One is a western digital gb blue drive i bought when i first built the computer I filled up the driver messed everything up some how and bought a western digital tb and reinstalled windows on that What i would like to do is completely start over I want to wipe both drives and install windows on my gb drive and make that strictly for windows And then i want to run all my programs games and other things on my tb drive Is this possible I have my install disk Just want to do things right this time One more thing last time i reinstall was many because my old mother board died and i replaced it and when i did windows wasnt genuine so i called windows hoping they would give me a new product key i have the old one but it didnt work and i couldnt understand the two people i called and talked to any way i can get it registered without buying a new copy just for the cd key

A:Need help. Re installing Windows 7 to fix issues

Wait, slowly now . First of all you need to type properly if you want people to help you... Fix up your grammar. Now, from what I understand, you want to format your computer clean and install Windows 7 on the 320GB HDD right? Are both your HDD's internal? And did you buy Windows 7 from retail?

Slasher

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/189618-need-help-re-installing-windows-7-fix-issues.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I recently purchased a Linksys router which requires Windows Service Pack 3 for installation. I installed the update on Windows Update and it shows it as sucessful, however I have restarted my computer several times and is still running on SP2 when I check "My Computer - Properties", and the router set-up CD is still saying I need to upgrade to SP3. Why is it not working? I have searchd everywhere on the computer to see if maybe the files need to be Run, but I cannot find them. I am totally at a loss to figure out how to complete the update and continue installing my router. Please help!
Thank you,
llpearson

A:Issues installing Windows SP3

Download the full SP3 install file from here:
Download: Windows XP Service Pack 3 Network Installation Package for IT Professionals and Developers - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

Before you start the install, temporarily disable your anti-virus.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/issues-installing-windows-sp3-636487.html
Relevancy 49.45%

So I just built my new computer. All is well until I try to install Windows. When I get the blue screen which installs all of the necessary drivers and whatnot to start the Windows installation it just hangs at the "Setup is starting Windows" message on the bottom of the screen. This is just before where you choose where to install Windows, create partitions and all of that fun stuff.

Any help getting Windows to install would be great, so far I'm stumped.

Relevancy 49.45%

I have a built computer with one hard drive that seems pretty much done for with an extra internal hard drive that s never been touched Instead of trying to repair the other one I m now trying to install Windows on the other internal hard drive It s fine until it asks me to select a driver Then I run into this error message quot No signed device drivers were found Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers and then click OK quot I looked it up and some other forum responses were to hook the HDD Windows 7... Issues installing up to another computer that already has Windows installed then format it from there The problem is that my laptop which already has Windows isn t recognizing the disk at all either I left the internal hard drive in the desktop with the power Issues installing Windows 7... supply hooked up and the desktop turned on and used a SATA eSATA cable to hook it up to the Issues installing Windows 7... laptop I m at my wit s end My tech support who built Issues installing Windows 7... the computer in the first place is my ex-boyfriend He prefers to just take the computer for an unknown amount of time but I d really like to try and avoid that Can you please help Thank you P S - I obviously cannot download and run the recommended program above as I have no operating system gt lt nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

I have crippled a brand new unused Lenovo G580 Laptop trying to install windows 8.

Attempted to install from a USB drive after the install from desktop option failed due to "cannot initialize start menu" error.

Having loaded the USB on the "Where do you want to install windows 8?" menu my HD was listed in 4 partitions: 1= system Drivers (system), 2 = Windows 7 (Primary), 3 = Lenovo (Primary) 4 = Lenovo_Part (reserved)

Installation was not possible on any drive to due error message : "The selected disk has an MBD Partition table. On EFI systems Windows can only be installed to GTP disks"

I then stupidly clicked on format and formatted partition 2 which contained the Windows 7 OS thinking that would let me install 8. However even after that the same error message prevents installation and now i've lost my windows 7 files meaning the laptop no longer runs.

Can anyone give me some sage advice or point to where I might get some?

A:Major Issues Installing Windows 8

Information
We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD.
startup repair disc-create

Did you make the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?
Lenovo Support - Home (US)
How to use Lenovo Recovery
Lenovo Support - Home (US)

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/12094-major-issues-installing-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I got a virus on my computer called PromptDownloader I didn't know how to remove it so I brought it to a guy who said he would re-install Windows and clean out my computer with compressed air He did this and removed of after issues re-installing 7 Windows Experiencing :/ my fans because he said they were Experiencing issues after re-installing Windows 7 :/ not working anymore I picked up the computer and have been using it for a couple Experiencing issues after re-installing Windows 7 :/ days I no longer have a smooth user experience with this computer It is very slow and glitchy the opposite of what I expected Experiencing issues after re-installing Windows 7 :/ with a fresh install Google Chrome crashes a lot If I leave a Youtube video on the screen even with it paused my browser is almost guaranteed to crash Playing a very non-cpu intensive game Runescape is even problematic And my IP address isn't even the same anymore It looks like I'm on a proxy somehow I'm hoping someone here could provide some insight as to why I'm experiencing these issues Is it possible this guy used some bootlegged re-install disk I'm hoping its that so I can just buy the re-install disk off Amazon and fix these issues Any input is greatly appreciated Your IPv Address Is b ef ed b d Stars to hide full IP

A:Experiencing issues after re-installing Windows 7 :/

Hi Giraffeman, and welcome to Bleeping Computer.

What is the make and model of this computer?

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Please download MiniToolBox to your desktop.

Right-click on MiniToolBox.exe and select Run as Administrator.

You will see an image like the one below.

Click on the following checkboxes only:

• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
• List Minidump Files

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, then copy it and paste it in your topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607473/experiencing-issues-after-re-installing-windows-7/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi Guys I am not sure if this is the right place for this but here I go I have just built my own home built machine Spec at end of post and I am having some problems installing windows I have tested this system with my old gb IDE drive and I Sata Issues 7 windows HDD with installing can boot into the ubuntu partiton so the rest of the system is ok When I try to install windows it gets to quot where would you like to install windows quot and there are no Issues installing windows 7 with Sata HDD drives available I have checked all of the cables are plugged in sata and power and tried serveral SATA ports on the mother board but still no luck The drive has also been formatted There are serveral settings in the BIOS for quot PCH sata control quot IDE AHCI RAID XHD and I have tried them all when I set this as IDE the hardrive Issues installing windows 7 with Sata HDD is visible in the BIOS where as either of the other two settings it is not In all of these cases the drive is not recognised when I get into the windows install The M B guise suggested the AHCI mode I have also Tried using the M B disk to install SATA drivers once I get to the windows install page also no joy I have checked the specs on the website I bought these from and they are both Serial ATA- compatible and the HDD is Windows compatible I am somewhat out of idea s here The only thing i can still see is that there appear to be two jumper pins on the back of the HDD but the HDD was OEM and had no manual and i cannot find any description of what they do if anything If someone has any idea why this isn t working I would greatly appreciate the help Cheers Possum Samsung SH-S C x Internal DVD R RW SATA Drive - Black Intel Core i GHz Lynnfield Socket LGA Processor - Retail Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler EVGA GeForce GTX MB GDDR PCI-Express Graphics Card with HAWX PC-Game Xigmatek Midgard Pure Black Edition Gaming Case Microsoft Windows Home Premium -Bit - OEM Gigabyte GA-P A-UD Intel P A Socket DDR PCI-Express Motherboard Hitachi HDS CLA TB quot SATA II Hard Drive Corsair XMS GB x GB DDR PC - C MHz Dual Channel Kit CMX GX M A C OCZ ModXStream Pro W Modular Silent SLI Crossfire Ready ATX Power Supply nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

I have a TE2100 and then I set up new OS windows xp professional after finished I open window but display not full missing right side about 1 inc(top left butom OK full) I looking on device have yellow question mark "?" at other device "PCI Device".
How I can do it please tell me. VGA card original about Nvidia Geforce 4 220 (I cant remember)

I have problem to same some body in forum is member name Stockcar44 you can look it on my link:

http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=31914&tstart=0

I am sorry about English not good because I am Thailand people

Thank you for every body

A:Several issues after installing Windows XP on TE2100

Man, sorry but thats not acceptable that you ask a question, post an link which contains the answer for your problem and ask what to do.

I can only tell you what is written in the link you?ve posted: Check the BIOS if "Fullscreen" is enabled and update your Videodrivers.

That will solve your problem.

Cheers

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?33096-Several-issues-after-installing-Windows-XP-on-TE2100
Relevancy 48.59%

Okay here is the issue If any more info is needed to help me out please let me know and I will try to get it for you My Father gets Software for free from his job So he brought iTunes windows issues- 7 installing Windows over and I installed it for him on his laptop since he hated Windows Vista and then I installed it onto my desktop Both computers are running Windows ultimate bit I then iTunes installing issues- windows 7 installed the newest version of itunes on his laptop a few months ago so he could sync music to his phone Then I went to install itunes onto my desktop since I recently bought a ipod touch During installation I get iTunes installing issues- windows 7 this error towards the end I tried getting help from other sites but no one had a clue There was no virus software running in the background or any other software running during install so nothing to interfere with during install So I gave up and ended up installing a older version iTunes installing issues- windows 7 of itunes today I thought I'd give it another shot to update the version of itunes I had with the newest available version I uninstalled the old version and downloaded attempted to install the newest version straight from apples website I then get this same error again When I hit the quot OK quot button the window closes then the status green bars says quot rolling back processes quot and then attempts to install the software again And nothing I went back to try and install an older version of itunes and now when its fully done installing itunes does not want to quot pick up or recognize that I have an ipod plugged in quot Right now my ipod is completely useless cause I cant even get itunes on my computer I'm currently trying to install itunes Version bit

A:iTunes installing issues- windows 7

Welcome to windows 7 support forums,

The issue you are describing is an incomplete install of Itunes using the Windows 7 OS.
Resolution of this issue is as follows:Remove all Apple/quicktime apps/programs and services including apple mobile device
reboot your system, download/install the latest version of Itunes.
Adrian

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/86489-itunes-installing-issues-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 48.59%

i bought my lenovo g50 series about a week ago and initially it had windows 10. Hell broke loose when i down graded to windows 7 and i don't know what to do. firstly the usb ports are not reading any usb drives, 2ndly the ear/head phone jack is not working and its really pissing me off. so can you please help me.......

Mod's Edit: Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue and moved post to its own thread.

A:Lenovo g50-70 issues after installing Windows 7

Hi mikemjscott , 

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Did you manage to install the drivers from the support site.
Would you have the machine number from the sticker or check it from the parts lookup page.
Just keep your serial number confidential.

Update us as soon as convenient.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-g50-70-issues-after-installing-Windows-7/td-p/3471431
Relevancy 48.59%

I wanted to do a reinstall of Windows 7 and so far it's done nothing for me except cause stress and frustration. First it tells me it cannot install to disc because it's GPT, whatever that means... So I'm told to do Shift+F10 and enter these commands:

diskpart
select disk 0
clean
convert GPT

This appeared to work but then I got a different message. It reads "Windows cannot be installed to the disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu."

Not sure what to do from here... It managed to install Ubuntu so the HDD itself is fine. It's just Windows 7.
I'm on an Acer Aspire V531 BTW.

Please help this is my only computer....

A:Various issues with installing Windows 7 installation.

It also appears that the Next button enables now, even though I still get the message. When clicking next it copies the files and then gets stuck on expanding at 0%.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/382173-various-issues-installing-windows-7-installation.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I damaged the original drive on my Toshiba Satellite So I bought a new Toshiba HHD for it Originally when I first mounted the drive I got an Issues 7Pro Windows Installing error saying the drive was not formatted NTFS so it would not install the OS So I put the drive in my other laptop and formatted it yes - NTFS Now I put the freshly formatted drive into the laptop I want it to run on I install the windows and all goes good until I am personalizing the computer section when I noticed it didn t ask me about setting up the network or any other thing except for the time amp zone Once it rebooted I had the OS running but can t Installing Windows 7Pro Issues connect to the router Long story - short I wiped the drive - reformatted - reinstalled windows Same Issue For some reason it will not load a bunch of Installing Windows 7Pro Issues the hardware drivers so it doesn t recognize things like the NIC Anyone have any ideas Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-windows-7pro-issues.1156403/
Relevancy 48.59%

I can't right click in the start menu. and My outlook express will not look for email when i hit the send and recieve button.
please help.

Thanks.

Relevancy 48.59%

Hello

Recently I have built a new pc a lot of the updates seemed to install in the first attempt. But out of the last 17 updates that I have left they will not install and i get the error codes.

Code 800B0100

Code 80092004

Code 80070570

Something to mention I had the KB3020369 AND KB3045645 amongst the updates im having issues with and those two installed with out any problems (I am no sure if this is relevant but something I did notice)

A:Windows update installing issues

Windows Update Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/368831-windows-update-installing-issues.html
Relevancy 48.16%

My acer aod250 says "Check cable connection..! PXE-E63: Error while initializing the NIC. PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE ROM. No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key."
I have no bootdisk or cd drive. I've gone to the setup utilities and have been booting it from there for over a year but it doesn't work anymore.
I need help, please!
(acer support won't help me)

Relevancy 48.16%

(After doing much research) I have an older PC with XP SP3 that I want to upgrade to windows 7. First I want to clone the hard drive to an external drive then install the 7 on the computer (yes I have enough free space on the hard drive). From what I have read I will lose my documents and other files and programs I have installed. What I am worried about is the drivers. Are they left alone? Replaced? If 7 does not have an appropriate driver (like to the FAX modem) will the old one be retained? If not will my PC recognize any driverless hardware and try to find drivers via "plug and Play"? Can I import the missing driver from the clone? Thanks.

Relevancy 48.16%

I have 2 windows updates that haven't installed for about a month now..

-Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 on XP, Server 2003, Vista, Windows 7, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2 for x64 (KB2656351)
-Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 on XP, Server 2003, Vista, Windows 7, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2 for x64 (KB2600217)

I don't have a clue why but everything installs fine.. I install them, restart my computer and everything does its thing while that's happening and they just pop up again when I do a search for updates after computer has restarted.

A:2 Windows Updates not installing, .NET Framework 4 Issues

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/275672-2-windows-updates-not-installing-net-framework-4-issues.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a problem im using sp1 at the moment and for some reason when im using the internet viewing my documents when i scroll down on pages it goes in slow motion. When i try and move pages around with the mouse everything is slow and its incredibly irritating. Now is this to do with the fact that i havent got sp2 everything else seems to run smoothly playing games downloading things ect. I tryed downloading sp2 but my computer wouldnt start up properly i have had so many problems with this pc you wouldnt believe ps it has nothing to do with malware or spyware i have Adaware Norton ect. Im currently having to use a house fan to keep it from overheating

A:Issues When Re installing Windows XP Home Edition

welcome

Quote:

Im currently having to use a house fan to keep it from overheating

we need your specs, take the side off, if it isnt already off for the fan.
what does the power supply say? is the case clean?

you might need a re-apply of artic five on your cpu.

http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_s...structions.htm

post back

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/issues-when-re-installing-windows-xp-home-edition-104210.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey guys I installed Windows onto one of my computers the one that connects directly to fios a couple weeks back and since then I have been having network issues All of the other computers on the network run XP including the one that has my printer connected to it Since I upgraded the one computer to all of the other computers have been unable to print aside from the one that 7 Windows one installing on issues after Networking computer is actually connected to the Networking issues after installing Windows 7 on one computer printer of course All computers are on the same workgroup MSHOME After I installed on the one computer it defaulted the workgroup to HOMEGROUP so I had to change it back to MSHOME and got rid of the homegroup the new Windows feature On the computer that is running Windows if I look at the network it sees no other computers but if I go on one of the XP computers the one that is attached to the printer I can see the Windows PC as well as the other XP ones On one of the other XP computers I cannot see the other XP computers but it allows me to add a network place so I can see a shared folder on the Windows PC It however does not allow me to add a network place that is located on any of the other XP computers I m very confused about all of this and I have no idea what might have happened and I need to get these computers networked with the printer once again After I realized that none of the computers were able to print I went into system options right clicked on the network printer and clicked properties and I got the quot Print spooler service not running quot message but it is running I added a new printer and updated my drivers and tried to add a printer on each computer on the network and tried to select a shared printer by name but they all say quot Cannot connect to printer Check the printer name quot etc I have no idea what to do at this point so if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it Thanks nbsp

A:Networking issues after installing Windows 7 on one computer

Shut down all computers. Boot the "host" (the one with the printer directly connected) and one other XP PC. See if you can get connected and print to the remote computer. If successful, boot one PC at a time and see if you can get working again. If unsuccessful with just the two PCs please show for each of them ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following commands:

nbtstat -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/networking-issues-after-installing-windows-7-on-one-computer.861512/
Relevancy 48.16%

I just installed Windows and it works but the installation was very difficult I'm hoping someone can help me understand what happened so that future installations go more smoothly I was running Windows on a custom desktop PC with an Intel motherboard years old I downloaded Windows and burned the installation W DVD I rebooted to the installation Explain? Windows Issues 8.1 Someone - Can UEFI Installing DVD My PC has hard drives are blank the other partially occupied by a W installation I installed W onto the remaining space on the third drive The installation seemed to work W booted from the hard drive after rebooting from the DVD However UEFI Issues Installing Windows 8.1 - Can Someone Explain? after I removed the DVD and rebooted the PC it booted to W no choices no bootloader etc If I reinserted the installation DVD and booted the DVD it would boot W from the hard drive Weird Question why would W UEFI Issues Installing Windows 8.1 - Can Someone Explain? boot when the W installation DVD is not inserted where W would boot from the hard drive after booting from the DVD Next I found no solution W would not let me burn a recovery DVD The installation DVD presented no options for recovery repair etc upon boot it would just boot W from the hard drive So thinking that MBR was clearly set to boot W I decided to wipe the drive by installing Linux I then inserted the W installation DVD hoping to install W over Linux but got the message quot A resource is missing quot I spent an hour on the phone with Microsoft no solution Later I happen to notice the quot UEFI Mode quot setting in the BIOS activated it and then everything went fine the installation DVD booted happily and installed W onto the drive W now boots normally without the DVD All is well Question why did setting quot UEFI Mode quot in my BIOS make everything work My somewhat uneducated guess when the installation DVD is booted it looks for EFI partitions If it finds one it will at least in some scenarios boot from it even if the BIOS is not in UEFI mode That's why W booted from the hard drive after booting from the installation DVD Without the DVD if you boot in non-UEFI mode it boots from the MBR which still had my W setup The W installation did not reconfigure the MBR for some reason why not That's why it booted W in before I enabled UEFI mode In UEFI mode the installation DVD configures the EFI partition and the BIOS properly and the disk must always booted in UEFI mode If all this is correct I guess my final somewhat rhetorical questions are why doesn't the Windows installation program inform the user about UEFI settings and why didn't tech support say anything about UEFI Thanks in advance for helping me understand this

A:UEFI Issues Installing Windows 8.1 - Can Someone Explain?

Can you post a screen shot of Disk management?

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Eight Forums

Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/41720-uefi-issues-installing-windows-8-1-can-someone-explain.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I've just purchased a laptop (without a cd-drive) and wanted to install Office.

As a student I have free access to Office 2007 (Microsoft Office Suite 2007 Service Pack 1 32-bit (English) - MSDNAA).

I'm currently using Office Starter 2010.

Now when I download the iso file, using winRAR I am able to extract the files but when I try to install I get the following:

This is then followed by the message: "There are no products affected by this package installed on this system".

I've looked online for a starter version of Office 07 (or something like that) to no avail. I've also attempted to "burn" the iso to a usb stick and install it that way but again with no success.

I'd be grateful for some help as I have no idea of where to go from here.

A:Issues installing Office 2007 (Windows 7)

Welcome to the forum,

What you are trying to install is just the service pack, that's why you are getting that message.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/203528-issues-installing-office-2007-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi I'll try to be succinct as possible System Information 200 Installing R7 Dell 7 580 Issues Radeon SP1 AMD Windows in http s postimg org mooss pg System Information Indepth jpg http s postimg org c n rkmr Page Graphics Information jpg I was having some issues with my Dell i tower Issues Installing AMD Radeon R7 200 in Dell 580 Windows 7 SP1 http www sevenforums com pc-custom-builds-overclocking -help-advice-sought-overhauling-noisy-dell-inspiron- -mt html amp thanks to the advice I stuck my finger in the fan of the graphics card and lo and behold the noise ceased So I enquired http www sevenforums com graphic-cards -gpu-advice-replacing-ati-radeon-hd- -dell- c kjt-mainboard html amp posted here and elsewhere received advice Issues Installing AMD Radeon R7 200 in Dell 580 Windows 7 SP1 and consequently I bought PSU http www bequiet com en powersupply http www ebuyer com -be-quiet-straight-power- w-fully-wired- -gold-power-supply-bn amp GPU http www ebuyer com -sapphire-r - - gb-ddr -vga-dvi-hdmi-pci-e-graphics-card- - - g So having successfully fitted the PSU amp GPU I couldn't believe my luck things were going so well what transpired is on powering up for the first time everything was big and bland as I guessed might be expected So I ran the installation disc The install performs and completes with errors yet when I again rebooted I got what I had before everything sized and adjusted correctly through a AV receiver in windows Nero on my inch LED TV - correct desktop etc Notification on install Application Install install package failure The errors made me concerned things weren t as they should be so I opened the Catalyst Control Centre and all that is available provided is basic information within two tabs Graphic Software and Graphics Hardware There aren t any options to configure resolution or what have you Then I discovered the installation disc had replaced my IE with IE which annoyed me no end The damnedest thing is IE will not allow me to import my favourites it states Invalid File Path Utterly useless and infuriately having tried all manner of workarounds As yet I haven t uninstalled IE and re-installed IE because I am unsure whether this might be detrimental to the graphics configuration at present Na ve maybe but why would running the installation disc change the IE on my system So I went to the AMD website downloaded and installed what I presumed would be the complete and up-to-date driver software suite and again I received errors No appreciable changes but for a rather useless piece of software called AMD Gaming Evolved which doesn t seem to have any function what-so-ever Haven t uninstalled yet but want to Again - Notification on install Application Install install package failure Thereafter I did a Windows Update windows SP which normally I would never do having found on each past occasion having done so causes more problems than any appreciable benefit After I re-ran the installation disc and here linked below is the final error report http s postimg org gkulf e n AMD Catalyst log Installation Failure jpg http s postimg org qmhhmt cf AMD Catalyst log Installation Failure jpg The tower case is a little small so after installing the PSU with its thick cables the space has become restricted and through Speccy I am seeing some fluctuations in temperature from the Low s to the low s for the CPU Please see as above http www sevenforums com pc-custom-builds-overclocking -help-advice-sought-overhauling-noisy-dell-inspiron- -mt html Should I be concerned and if so what do you recommend I should do Another thing is Speccy isn t showing any temperature reading for the AMD Radeon R is this normal a good thing or not I would be extremely grateful for any advice and guidance to resolve the issues above to thereby know everything is as it should be and profit from the complete capabilities and facets of the installed graphics card Many thanks in advance

A:Issues Installing AMD Radeon R7 200 in Dell 580 Windows 7 SP1

I forgot to link the AMD Driver/Software Suite online I installed:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/downloa...Windows+7+-+64

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/345920-issues-installing-amd-radeon-r7-200-dell-580-windows-7-sp1.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi!
I bought a Compaq Laptop in 2005 in India. I received an "Operating System CD" (That's what it says!) with XP Home SP2. The key was on a sticker below my laptop.
I recently changed over to a Mac and want to install XP on it (Sorry!). Can I do that legally without any hassles? Also, I have moved to the US now, so does that matter? (Are licenses for particular areas only?)
Thanks a ton!

A:Installing Windows from a CD which came with one computer on another: Legal Issues

If the software is legit (easily checked by the COA you have stuck to the machine) then to install it to another machine would be okay provided that you remove it from the laptop (can only be installed on 1 machine). There are a couple of problems you may come across. If the laptop has a version of XP that's been volume licensed by Compaq then it won't install on the other machine. If it's the full (or OEM) version then it should be okay. You would likely have to ring MS to activate it and explain to them that it has been moved from one machine to another. They are pretty helpful with this type of problem and as long as you are genuine in your approach then there shouldn't be any major problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installing-windows-from-a-cd-which-came-with-one-computer-on-another-legal-issues-302858.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I purchased a new hard drive recently to replace an older one that seemed to have stopped working I had lost access to the windows disc that originally came with my computer due to a move I was not able to participate in packing my own things due to being in the hospital so I purchased hard on 10 Windows new Issues installing drive a usb flash drive Issues installing Windows 10 on new hard drive to create a bootable usb to install windows on the hard drive I have gone through the process several times and each time the computer restarts Issues installing Windows 10 on new hard drive I am taken back to the initial installation screen and am forced to go through the process again This is the first time I've actually replaced Issues installing Windows 10 on new hard drive a hard drive so I'm not sure how to proceed or fix the problem I've redone the process of putting the windows installer on the usb several times using both the windows media creation tool and rufus using a windows iso I've double checked to make sure nothing within the computer case was disconnected or loose I'm not sure how to proceed at this point

A:Issues installing Windows 10 on new hard drive

Just as the computer reboots the first time during install, pull the flash drive out.

The problem is that your bios is set to boot from USB flash drive permanently as the first device. Bios needs to be set to boot from the hard drive first as priority - and then you manually tell it to boot from the flash drive when you want it to. The workaround to changing your bios settings is to pull the flash drive out just as the computer reboots the first time when installing Windows 10.

If you happen to miss it - when the computer reboots into the first install screen again, just remove the flash drive and restart the computer.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/43194-issues-installing-windows-10-new-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi Installing after [SOLVED] Issues two 7 new Windows computers. on I'm having a load of trouble and I need some help Let me explain the problem Alright I have two computers An Alienware Mx Laptop and an HP Pavilion Desktop I decided I wanted to wipe them clean and start new So I got my USB that I received from Dell that has Windows loaded on it Popped it in the desktop and Installed a new Windows on it I went into quot Computer quot and deleted quot Windows old quot which contains all files present before the installation Then I did [SOLVED] Issues after Installing new Windows 7 on two computers. the same exact thing to my Alienware Laptop except instead of using the USB I use the recovery disc that came with the computer Then I [SOLVED] Issues after Installing new Windows 7 on two computers. deleted quot Windows old quot on that one too Everything was fine besides that my Desktop now thinks its an Alienware computer The USB was Windows Alienware or something I dont know if thats important The problems i did realise were that neither computer could connect to the internet The desktop could with an ethernet cord but the laptop couldnt at all wireless or not I also noticed that on both machines there was absolutely NOTHING in Programs in the Control Panel If I were to uninstall a program theres nothing there Usually I connect my Laptop to a larger display using an hdmi cord now it wont work My Alienware no longer has AlienFusion AlienRespawn and all the other Alienware programs that I believe are quite important What can i do Update I just realized there are many items in quot Device Manager quot that have a yellow warning sign Under Sound video and game controllers it shows duplicates of quot High Definition Audio Device quot and one of them has a yellow warning sign under its properties it says quot The device cannot start Code quot Under Display Adapters it shows duplicates of quot Standard VGA Graphics Adapter quot and It is also saying quot The device cannot start Code quot And lastly under Other Devices everything a few duplicates is having the yellow sign and it says quot The drivers for this device are not installed Code To find a driver for this device click update driver quot There are two quot unknown devices quot that say this as well Thanks for taking the time to read I greatly appreciate your help

A:[SOLVED] Issues after Installing new Windows 7 on two computers.

You cannot use an usb that had windows 7 loaded on it to install on the hp. it will be preactivated and have the dell logo, it will be an oem addition of windows and it won’t match your hardware on your hp, your wireless will not work until you download all your correct drivers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-issues-after-installing-new-windows-7-on-two-computers-662791.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I am trying to get my laptop ready to Issues Service 1 Windows Installing Pack 7 install Windows I'm currently running Windows I understand I need to at least install Service Pack before I can install Windows Every time I try and download Windows Service Pack I get the following error code I ran the System Update Readiness Tool but it doesn't correct the problem Below is my CheckSUR log How can I correct these issues so I can download the Service Pack and reserve Windows Checking System Update Readiness Binary Version Package Version - - Checking Windows Servicing Packages Issues Installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages Checking Component Store f CSI Payload File Missing x CPFilters dll x microsoft-windows-cpfilters bf ad e none f e fe f CSI Payload File Missing x CPFilters dll x microsoft-windows-cpfilters bf ad e none b Issues Installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1 cb c e e f CSI Payload File Missing x CPFilters dll amd microsoft-windows-cpfilters bf ad e none c b df c Summary Seconds executed Found errors CSI Payload File Missing Total count

A:Issues Installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data

If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

Please also post the C:\Windows\windowsudpate.log file

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/378628-issues-installing-windows-7-service-pack-1-a.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Last week i try to instal a dual-boot system windows xp on windows installed i couldn't shrink the disk c from manage it said something about defragmentation i Installing issues windows windows 7 on xp dual-boot have disk drives with no partitions the disk c it has with GB free to create a new partition with GB i know that easeus partition will help me because i did do this once but was dual boot windows on a windows xp installed i made one partition with gb from C with easeus partition then i restart my computer and easeus made his proces after a moment - gt restart and then i should put the Installing dual-boot windows xp on windows 7 issues windows in the dvd-rom but the system was blocked like this http img yfrog com img jpg del tab Installing dual-boot windows xp on windows 7 issues was not working - gt restart again but this time i push del fast to go to bios but i didn't go to bios it made his usualy components verification everything was ok and then was blocked there I made my decision to go to a friend to format my hard drive instal athe windows on the disk and everything was ok on his pc so to explain i record my problem now my english sucks On my pc it remains the same probl but i could reinstal my windows windows xp and i have this problem on my startup MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service the first half is a delay the last half is when i restart to go to bios

A:Installing dual-boot windows xp on windows 7 issues

Welcome!

I don't really understand your problem, but try pressing F11 during the POST. The manually select your drive from the resulting window.

Hope this helps,
~JK

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/54999-installing-dual-boot-windows-xp-windows-7-issues.html
Relevancy 47.73%

hi guys,
having a major issue with my acer 9303 laptop. It just went dead. The power button illuminates, hdd light flickers twice but cannot get past that point. DVD drive has power and will eject, when I plug in a usb mouse, that illuminates aswell, which means that power seems to be going through ok, but no fan noise. Luckily I have this netbook that I am using in the meantime.

I have carried out the following:-
a. swapped the hdd from the netbook to the acer, no change.
b. upgarded the ram to 2 gig a year ago, so swapped back to the original ram, no change
c. tried with battery, without battery, direct power from plug, etc, no change.
d. if I keep my fingers pressed on the power button which is illuminated, it switches off after a few seconds
any ideas ? much appreciated

A:Acer Laptop not booting

anyone on this pls ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-laptop-not-booting.843814/