Windows Support Forum

Verizon Router + Ventrilo Server

Q: Verizon Router + Ventrilo Server

Okay... I LOVE computers. But I am a complete NOOB at networking!! I have a verizon router (FiOS), I am trying to host a ventrilo server for my friends and I off of my computer, which will also be connecting to that server. However I have no idea how to open/allow/forward/whatever i have to do to the ports. It uses port 3784. I want to set it up so I can connect to my server from the same pc it is running from, and have other people connect to it too.

(just figured out how to connect to my own, now I just need other people to be able to connect.)

NEVER MIND I GOT IT TO WORK

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Verizon Router + Ventrilo Server

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Verizon Router + Ventrilo Server

Well done there :wave:

and just look at what you have learned

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/verizon-router-ventrilo-server.153832/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi,
I'm trying to set up a Ventrilo voice chat server to use while gaming online. The only problem, is the default setup is for use with a direct IP address and I'm behind a router. The Ventrilo FAQ mentioned forwarding, but I haven't figured that out quite yet. Any suggestion or help is welcome. Thanks guys.

--psychonerd

Relevancy 61.92%

Hey ppls

ive been trying to get my vent server up and running and have it working but no one else can seem to join but i can.
it is also odd because i am using the basic ip of my router not the ip that u say lookup on google with whats my ip...
ive port forwarded the nessasary ports and also made a no-ip address for the server and i have it but that didnt seem to work either, i have also tried adding the port to the exceptions list on windows firewall as a UDP port but that didnt do anything either..now im just stuck outta things to try

id appreciate any help and ill get back to you later got work for now
thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ventrilo-server.800477/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi!

I just can't find ventrilo server 2.1.2 for windows can anyone help me?

P.S. I know there's a newer version that can be downloaded from ventrilos own site but I don't want it...

A:Where can I get: -Ventrilo Server 2.1.2?

Just Google ventrilo_2.1.2.exe

It's all over the place

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/where-can-i-get-ventrilo-server-2-1-2.123464/
Relevancy 61.92%

This server has cool people,and lots of games we all play. you can have your own channel too,just ask a admin.and have fun see you in thare..
IP=66.228.112.12
Port number=8217

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-ventrilo-server-every.654633/
Relevancy 61.92%

I'm trying to host my own free vent. I have a router Dynex model- dx-e402. Ive been trying to set it up in many different ways. I opened the port and set up a static ip but it still did not work. I tried using dyndns.org for it but the best i could do was to logging to it myself even though it took a good 2 minutes for the logging but even so no one else was able to logging. After that didnt work I tried enabling DMZ with my static ip and even though its enabled the best i could do was again logging myself after a good 2 minutes but no one else could. I dont know what im doing wrong... Ive followed a bunch of different guides to the T and nothing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ventrilo-server-help.964947/
Relevancy 61.49%

I Router Verizon router to Netgear Wireless wirelessly my connecting Fios WGT624 have been trying to find a way to connect forward the signal recieve the signal from my Verizon Fios wireless router up to my WGT V Netgear router Is there a way Verizon Fios router connecting wirelessly to my WGT624 Netgear Wireless Router that I can modify my wirless port on my Netgear to recieve a signal wirelessly from my Verizon Wireless router My Neighbor did it once with Verizon Fios router connecting wirelessly to my WGT624 Netgear Wireless Router another wireless router but he can not remember how he did it I am thinking it had something to do with the Firmware If anyone can help me with this that would be great I m basically trying to Verizon Fios router connecting wirelessly to my WGT624 Netgear Wireless Router push the wireless signal from my Verizon router in my basement up to my wireless Netgear router which is recieving the signal on the main level so that I can plug my wired non wireless laptop into the ethernet port which is receiving wireless signal from the Verizon router in the basement in order to gain access to the internet Can this be done with the equipment listed above and or some additional firmware and configuration Thank you for all your assistance on this in advance MCAMPOS nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/verizon-fios-router-connecting-wirelessly-to-my-wgt624-netgear-wireless-router.138211/
Relevancy 61.06%

I just upgraded to windows 7 today and now my ventrilo will open but it won't connect.
I've been to

Code:
http://ventrilo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35567
and I couldn't connect using the telnet test. I don't know what to do from here.
Please help

A:Ventrilo won't connect to server

Open up Control Panel->Programs->Add or Remove Windows Components->Check the boxes beside Telnet Client and Server->Hit Apply->Reboot

Windows 7 doesn't come with Telnet installed by default

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/31367-ventrilo-wont-connect-server.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Im trying to start my own ventrilo server but I am continously getting the same error.This is what happens when I start it

Accepting connections on these interfaces
1: numbers
2: numbers

Accepting UDP Status/Control messages on these interfaces
1:
2:

ERROR: Unable to bind to TCP socket

I am behind a router and have accessed my router settings.I checked out the port forwarding and thought I had done things right but looks like i did not.Is this TCP error due to a setting with my router?I also heard that since i am behind a router i have to set up a static IP which i tried but i am unable to connect to the internet that way.Im sure im doing a few things wrong.maybe someone can lead me in the right direction.Im using a Linksys cable/dsl 4 port router.

A:trying to start ventrilo server

Correct me if I'm wrong. I don't have much experience with Ventrillo servers. But don't you need a VOIP router for that. Also, you can't just set up a static IP. The static IP needs to be provided to you by your ISP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-start-ventrilo-server.417403/
Relevancy 61.06%

So lately I've been trying to set up a vent server for my friends and all, but I've seen to come into complications. I've port forwarded the ports on my router and firewall (or at least I think I did...) And no one can still connect, I can connect through my internal IP, but I can't connect through my external IP to test it. The message would just be Contacting server. Can anyone help me here? It's really getting to me

A:Ventrilo server problem

I would start by going to www.canyouseeme.org and making sure the ports are actually open and responding.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ventrilo-server-problem.158786/
Relevancy 60.63%

I wanted to host ventrilo on my PC, but I use router Belkin F5D8235-4 v2000, so I dont know how to host it.

I have ventrilo server program.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

ScreenSnapr ? xf5gka.png

thats what router setup looks like

A:Host ventrilo behind router?

YOu either need to configure port forwarding (but I can't see an option for that) or use DMZ.

DMZ assigns your Internet (opposed to local) IP address to a specific PC and allows it to bypass going through router firewalls, nat etc.

If you have any questions or need any help please ask.

Oli

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/87434-host-ventrilo-behind-router.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I have recentley gotten the talking program, Ventrilo and I can sign on to other peoples servers BUT when i make mine, i can get on it, but noone else can sign on to it. My friend said it might have something to do with my router, he said it might have a built in firewall or something. I just wanna be able to make a working server for my friends and myself...

A:Solved: Ventrilo Server problem

ok well my friend showed me something and it it solved...ty for looking

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ventrilo-server-problem.464023/
Relevancy 60.63%

My son uses Ventrilo for online gaming, however, there is one server I would like to block his access to because it's a bit..."mature" for him. I have the IP address of the server as well as the port, I wonder if it would be possible to block it via the router, or the firewall running on his PC. The router is a Linksys and the current firewall is ZoneAlarm. I wouldn't be against changing to another firewall if that is necessary.

A:How to Block Access to Ventrilo Server

If you are running windows xp, you can:

Open the folder windows\system32\drivers\etc
Open the "Hosts" file using notepad
There should already be an entry of "127.0.0.1 localhost" in there
Just type in "<ip address of vent server> localhost" (without quotes)
If you have the dns address of the server then type "127.0.0.1 <server name>" (again without quotes)

This will prevent his computer from accessing that server.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-block-access-to-ventrilo-server.123548/
Relevancy 60.2%

Not sure whether this is gaming or connection problems so feel free to move if it Router from disconnects causing WoW/ventrilo s in the wrong place Several Router causing disconnects from WoW/ventrilo times over the last couple of weeks both during the day and in the evening I have been disconnected from the world of warcraft and ventrilo server There are no latency issues in game it just suddenly disconnects me requiring me to login again The problems started when I switched to NTL and the mb connection which should be more than enough and had to use a router rather than connecting both PCs to the BT cable modem My partner has the same problems but the disconnects aren t simultaneous they aren t timed and seem random both from ventrilo and the server Other programs such as teamspeak and msn messanger are unaffected Use the built in XP firewall and a sitecom DC- Router causing disconnects from WoW/ventrilo v router I tried setting up port forwarding static IPs and that didn t help Playing without the router stopped the disconnects though The cables were used when we had a BT modem and they were fine then My network card is a TE -PCBUSR -Bit Cardbus PC Card and that has also been fine before so the problem isn t there Both PCs have Ethernet connections to the router So today I tried a new router without port forwarding figuring that was the problem and the disconnects were worse Both running windows XP here s a tracert to the WoW server from when the problem first started Tracing route to over a maximum of hops lt ms lt ms lt ms ms ms ms ms ms ms cmbg-t cam -a-ge inet ntl com ms ms ms cmbg-t core-a-ge-wan inet ntl com ms ms ms pop-bb-a-so- - inet ntl com ms ms ms win-bb-b-so- - inet ntl com ms ms ms win-bb-a-ae - inet ntl com ms ms ms bre-bb-b-so- - inet ntl com ms ms ms telc-ic- -as - inet ntl com ms ms ms ldn-b -link telia net ms ms ms ldn-bb -link telia net ms ms ms prs-bb -pos - - telia net ms ms ms prs-b -pos - telia net ms ms ms prs-nant-ks -geth - telia net Please let me know if you need any more information or have any ideas how I can stop this happening because it is annoying at best nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Verizon DSL modem is connected, it gets an IP from Verizon 74.x.x.x and it also gives an internal IP as well so that you can connect to the interface 192.168.0.1

So I connect a plain jane 4 port router and change the IP address to 10.0.0.3 and internet great good shazaam on all computers.

Then I connect a Netgear wireless router to one of the LAN ports on the first router (it's upstairs in a separate house) and I should then disable DHCP and give the netgear an IP of 10.0.0.254 right? Well, once I change the IP of the Netgear, it reboots and I am not able to connect to the router using 10.0.0.254 and I have to hard reset it.

Am I missing a step here?

A:Verizon DSL modem --> router--> wireless router...help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/verizon-dsl-modem-router-wireless-router-help.931131/
Relevancy 58.48%

I'm fairly computer literate with most things but when it comes to ports, and routers, and firewalls i'm pretty much a noob.

My friends and I have been using Ventrilo for a few weeks with me running the server from my computer. A few days ago i had to put norton antivirus on my computer to get ride of a virus. Ever since then i can't connect to my Ventrilo server and neither can anyone else. I uninstalled it and everything but it must have changed one of my windows network settings. The windows firewall isn't up but something is blocking stuff. Anyone have any idea how to make stuff like that work again? Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-my-ventrilo-server-since-installing-anti-virus-software.19528/
Relevancy 56.76%

I'm trying to access the router settings for my actiontec MI424WR router. I tried typing in the address into firefox and internet explorer, but i can never get in. I just can't log in no matter what I type into the fields! Can someone please help? 192.168.1.1 is the address.

Relevancy 55.9%

after hours of researching its been brought to my attention that apparently my verizon fios router is setup to block ftp, its not my firewall or how i setup my ftp but its the fact that i can not access my ftp from any other location but my house.. and the purpose of me setting up my ftp was so i could access it from any where else.i have made numerous amount of calls back and forth to Verizons tech support and they told me that feature is disabled.. i do not have a seperate router because my modem is my wireless router. i have tried port fowarding and i just dont know where to go from here PLEASE SOME HELP ME its very fustrating and i would appreciate some advice

A:Verizon router doesn't let me ftp, help?

thanks people

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/verizon-router-doesnt-let-me-ftp-help.143334/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi - Trying to connect my laptop to my mom's Verizon wireless router. When I turn on my laptop (ThinkPad Series T running Windows XP), I don't see her router as one of the ones listed. Help! Thanks!

A:help with Verizon wireless router

What model is the router?
Do you see any wireless SSIDs at all? Are you sure your wireless card is on? Is the router set up to broadcast the SSID?
My Verizon router has the SSID printed on the base,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-verizon-wireless-router.970568/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi I have a Verizon FIOS router m n MI WR which has been acting up lately Beginning about months ago it began to exhibit the following symptoms No connectivity from any connected computer on wired LAN I am not sure if wireless devices had connectivity but I do not believe so The problem was always resolved by power cycling the router for about seconds but it would recur usually after - days Eventually I contacted Verizon using live chat and after they did some checking had me reset the router to default This seemed to solve the problem for about weeks but this week it started happening again Exactly the same issue Today though I decided to check the IP address of my computer while it was not able to connect to the router I found that the subnet had been changed from its normal to The computer s IP address had changed as well from x to Of course I could not access the router as the subnet had been changed Also of note I have a second router being used only as a switch to connect more PC s to the LAN This second router is set to an ip Verizon router Problem with address of and is registered as STATIC with the main Verizon router DHCP has been turned off on the second router and there is no WAN connection so all it is doing is acting as a switch I went on live chat with Verizon again this morning and tried to convince them that I need Problem with Verizon router a new router but the agent would not issue an order for one I was told instead that all checks she had done from her end indicated that the router is working fine Well yes I had to reset the router by power cycling before getting Problem with Verizon router on live chat I realize now that I should not have resolved the issue before contacting Verizon Next time and there will be a next time I Problem with Verizon router will call them by phone when the problem is actually occurring I am curious to know why this problem is occurring It appears that the router has a problem with its flash RAM where it stores the current parameters but I am sure it is more complicated than that Why it works for weeks after having been reset to default then fails again is perplexing Note that I am posting here because I can not even get my Verizon FIOS account registered properly on their support forum to post a message But then that s not surprising I have known that Verizon is a dysfunctional company for a long time nbsp

A:Problem with Verizon router

You need the admin id + password to alter the settings.

I found that the subnet had been changed from its normal 255.255.255.0, to 255.255.0.0. The computer's IP address had changed as well, from 192.168.1.x to 192.254.208.105.Click to expand...

That 254 moves your router from the Private, non-routable Class C into a Public Class C - -
Not good for you (security & privacy) and a sure sign of being hacked

1) login and immediately change the default password to something you know (hint: same as your pc login?)

2) disable remote administration; usually by disabling port 8080

3) investigate your MTU settings; see this discussion.

4) look for a firmware update for that make/model

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-verizon-router.200579/
Relevancy 55.9%

hi everyone im in need of some help.

i have time warner cable with a regular modem...i decided to connect a verizon router to the time warner modem.....all my laptops are working fine but for some reason i cant connect my ps3 wirelessly. if i connect the ethernet cable from the time warner modem directly to the ps3 it works fine...but thats not a option for me, i need a wireless signal..do i need to configure my verizon router to a specific setting?

Relevancy 55.9%

What's up guys

Hey, I have a cable connection with time warner cable, and I needed a router to connect multiple pcs now that i have more than 1 computer at home.

I managed to dig up an old DSL Modem/Router (Actiontec GT704-WG), it's an all in one device it has the modem and router in one device.

So i was wondering, is it possible to connect the cable modem to the dsl router through some kind of special cable, or through the USB connection? Thanks.

Let me know if you need more info regarding my setup, as i don't know what info you may need.

A:Verizon DSLmodem/router

No. You cannot use a modem/router as a router only.

Please tell us the brand and model of your modem. Sometimes people have a modem/router w/o knowing it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/verizon-dslmodem-router.914978/
Relevancy 55.47%

I'm trying to log into the router page for my Fios router, and although I'm not sure yet what the username/password is, the problem is that whenever I type in a single letter it displays more than one letter in the password field.
Does anyone know what the problem may be?

Thank you very much!

Relevancy 55.47%

I will be upgrading to FIOS as soon as it is available in my area, which that will be soon. I was wondering what the exact model is of the router they provide to you. I know it is a wireless router, and I'm taking for granted it's just a standard G router, but I want to make sure before I go purchase an N.

Relevancy 55.47%

using a netgear router and when i try to connect to mozilla or ie it gives me a denial of service page noaccess verizon net here is my logLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exec Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exec Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exec Program Files Norton Internet Security ISSVC exec Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exec Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exec windows system opnsqr exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEc Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exeC WINDOWS system svchost exec A Denial For Log Router Of Verizon Hjt Through Service Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files AIM aim exeC Program Files DNA btdna exeC Program Files Compaq Connections Program Compaq Connections exeC Program Files FinePixViewer QuickDCF exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC HP KBD KBD EXEC WINDOWS Hjt Log For A Verizon Denial Of Service Through Router RTHDCPL EXEC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exec windows system hpsysdrv exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Documents and Settings Compaq Administrator Desktop HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY Hjt Log For A Verizon Denial Of Service Through Router rio amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rio amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http login yahoo com config login DI FG I NfUR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rio amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rio amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rio amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rio amp pf desktopR - Hjt Log For A Verizon Denial Of Service Through Router HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http dslstart verizon net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Verizon OnlineR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - URLSearchHook AOLTBSearch Class - EA - - DB- F -D CA FB C D - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll file missing R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp printenh... Read more

A:Hjt Log For A Verizon Denial Of Service Through Router

Welcome to the BleepingComputer Forums. Since it has been a few days, please post a new HijackThis log. Thank you for your patience.If you have already posted this log at another forum or if you decide to seek help at another forum, please let us know. There is a shortage of helpers and taking the time of two volunteer helpers means that someone else may not be helped.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/150236/hjt-log-for-a-verizon-denial-of-service-through-router/
Relevancy 55.47%

I am wanting to get a network adapter card for XBOX 360 which will work best with Ultraline Series 3 9100EM Router connected to FIOS network?

A:Verizon FIOS Ultraline Router

Any standard wireless card should work fine with that router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/verizon-fios-ultraline-router.926014/
Relevancy 55.47%

I can not log into my Verizon router.
whenever i type in password into the 192.168.1.1 it always end up ppppaaaassswwwoorrd... like whenever i type in p 3 other p's follow behind and i'm not really sure why...

Relevancy 55.47%

verizon router question - I have forgotten my verizon router login and password....how do i change the log in w/o disturbing the settings??? I have custom settings and of course I didnt save the settings anywhere!!

A:Verizon router admin password

You can't. The only way is to wipe the router to the factory default and start over.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/verizon-router-admin-password.960051/
Relevancy 55.47%

So I am trying to setup a static IP address for my laptop mainly for utorrent and have run Solved: Trobles Verizon Router into a major problem I have everything i need to do this but when i try to log into my Verizon MI WR router i run into a problem with the password Solved: Verizon Router Trobles part I know the username password but when i try to enter the password something very strange and frustrating happens If i type one letter Solved: Verizon Router Trobles three astericks come up and when entering more than one letter a different number of astericks come up Solved: Verizon Router Trobles So by the time i enter just quot password quot im left with this quot amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp quot and then it wont work I have never seen anything like this before I saw an older thread where someone had this same problem but there was never an answer to it so im asking the question again in hopes to find an answer This is extremely frustrating Thanks for any help nbsp

A:Solved: Verizon Router Trobles

Type the correct password (case probably matters); don't be confused by the random number of asterisks used to throw off anybody shoulder surfing for your password.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-verizon-router-trobles.765641/
Relevancy 55.47%

I just moved recently and had my FIOS come over with me to my new place. The tech left after installing the new stuff and router. I tried to hook up my old Actiontec MI424-wr to the COAX and it doesnt get WAN(internet). The light stays amber and the configuration page says there is no connection.
I noticed that there is only an entry for the computer connected to it and nothing else.

I guess my question is this: What would you normally need to do to get this actiontec router to use the coax? Thats how it was setup at my old place.....

This is more just for learning how this works than switching routers. I want to understand what needs to be configured...

Relevancy 55.47%

I am working with Verizon's Westell router. (http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Westell/A90-750015-07/Cisco_WVC210.htm)

I have installed and setup dynamic dns with Cisco's WVC210 cameras utilizing a linksys/cisco router. Essentially, the setup requires me to assign a static IP and a specific port for each camera.

Camera 1 is 192.168.1.18:1026 . This setup works internally. Now externally I have the router set up to send its IP to DYNDNS. Usually, to resolve the issue and have it work I just setup port forwarding within the router to send any 192.168.1.1:1026 request to go to the camera.

But I keep getting an error. I am almost positive that the issue is that im setting up the port forwarding option wrong within the Westell.

Within the router it allows me to select the port then the device that I want to forward to. But this doesn't work..can anyone help ?

A:Port Forwarding w/ Verizon's Router?

You have the routers cascaded (daisy chained) and are doing double port forwarding, right?

Now externally I have the router set up to send its IP to DYNDNS.Click to expand...

Which router? Be aware that router updates don't always work reliably. Have you checked to make sure your DynDNS name is getting set to the correct address?

I don't understand what you mean by "send any 192.168.1.1:1026 request to go to the camera." What is 192.168.1.1, and why/how is it specified in which router?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/port-forwarding-w-verizons-router.997561/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a 2wire router that I had set up so I could use my laptop anywhere without being on a line. That was with ATT service. Now I've moved and have Verizon DSL. I thought I would just plug in the 2wire router but no, it won't work. My Belkin card says it's connected. The router says all green lights, but the internet won't connect.

However, when I put their crummy little lanyard router on (one line, ethernet cable, etc.) it works fine.

I tried running the ethernet cable through the 2Wire - NO CIGAR.

So, I'm stuck sitting in this seat with a 2 foot line to get on the internet. Verizon wants me to buy their (same) router before they will help me trouble shoot. That is so wrong! HELP?

Relevancy 55.47%

I was curious if there is a way to set-up a wireless router for use with Verizon DSL without having a desktop computer directly connected to make the connection to service.

For our Verizon DSL service, the system appears to require a computer directly connected to the modem to make the connection. However, we recently got rid of our desktop computer and were hoping to use laptops to travel around the house. Does one of them need to be connected by cable to make the connection, or is it possible to make the connection over wireless? I currently have a linksys wireless router.

Thanks!

A:Set up wireless router to verizon DSL w/o desk top

Typically you need to attach a PC via ethernet cable to a wireless router to configure the router to "make the connection to service." Also you need to attach a PC via cable to configure the wireless network (channel, encryption, etc.).

Except for these configuration episodes, you can go totally wireless with your PCs.

Of course, I don't know if your Verizon DSL service has some special restriction (and a way to enforce it) against the use of a router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/set-up-wireless-router-to-verizon-dsl-w-o-desk-top.365455/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello My question is can the Westell 327W from verizon be used as a router for the Comcast Modem?

I am Running windows xp service pack 3

Thank You

Relevancy 55.04%

Hi,
I just switched to Verizon as my internet provider. It is not letting me send mail through Entourage because I do not have a verizon email address (I use an optimum online email address). Does anyone know of a way to get around this?
Thanks,
Ruthie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sending-mail-via-entourage-using-verizon-server.599931/
Relevancy 55.04%

Just did a clean install of Windows on a laptop When finished I noticed a new folder in the quot This Server Question Arris Media Verizon PC quot section of the Windows Explorer sidebar The folder is titled quot Master quot and it Arris Verizon Media Server Question contains a lot of subfolders each one titled Channels x - y where x and y indicate a different channel range for each subfolder None of the Channel Arris Verizon Media Server Question subfolders have any content If I check the Properties of the Master folder it shows ARRIS and Verizon Media Server I have Verizon FiOS triple play and clearly this must be related although I didn't install any Verizon software following the clean install of windows I did choose my SSID and entered the passphrase in order to connect to the internet None of the other Windows computers have this folder and all are running fully updated Windows What's going on What's the purpose of this new folder Do I need the folder and subfolders or should can I delete them Thanks for any help or advice

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/67708-arris-verizon-media-server-question.html
Relevancy 54.61%

WAN light not on I m unable to correct the type in the subject line and it s bugging me So anyways This has light on. Router VPN to no Cisco Fios...WAN Verizon stumped all the networking people that I ve talked to I m Cisco VPN Router to Verizon Fios...WAN light no on. working from home starting Monday I am connecting a Verizon Fios router - gt Cisco VPN Router - gt Cisco IP phone - gt PC At first the WAN light was on and flashing but it wasn t getting a local IP We were stumped found out it wasn t configured they didn t save the changes apparently and took it back to be configured properly Got it back and now we re getting a local IP from the Cisco router itself but the WAN light does not come on anymore We ve tried using a crossover cable and still don t have any luck When plugging the cable in initially it sometimes will light up and flash for a few seconds but then lose the connection and turn off My home PC is getting a fine connection through just the Verizon Fios router Can anyone assist me with this or tell me where we can look I only have until Sunday evening to get this resolved by myself the networking guys at my company were no real help By the way I am unable to configure it myself due to security issues my company won t give me the password to the router However I can bring it back if changes need to be made If more information is needed please ask I m sort of a noob to networking but I can get the info you need nbsp

A:Cisco VPN Router to Verizon Fios...WAN light no on.

What is the model of the Cisco router? Without having access to the configuration mode of the router is not going to get you far in troubleshooting the issue. The WAN port not coming up could be a number of things. If you had access to the configuration mode of the router you could take a look at the configuration and see if the network guys forgot to turn on the port with a no shut command. If that wasn't the problem, you could then look at the port itself to see if there are any errors by issuing a sho int fa0/0 assuming this port is a fast ethernet port.

How is your Verizon router configured? Is it acting as a full router? When you plug your PC into the Verizon router, what IP do you get? Is the Verizon router configured to be a DHCP server?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cisco-vpn-router-to-verizon-fios-wan-light-no-on.719272/
Relevancy 54.61%

I changed internet companies. I had comcast and went to verizon. I have a Westell modem model 6100G and a netgear wireless router model number WGR614 v5. I need help connecting the two. I can get the internet through just the modem..but not wen I hook it up with the router..help please Heidi

A:how to connect netgear router to verizon dsl modem

Hierhaps this link can help.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1080

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-connect-netgear-router-to-verizon-dsl-modem.860394/
Relevancy 54.61%

hello, can someone please help me?? i have changed from time warner to verizon, we still have a time warner router and we cant get netflix to work, our internet connection is also really slow, sometimes not working at all!! (do we need to buy a new router?) i really am computer illerate so if anyone can help i would be delighted!! thank you

A:please help me!!! time warner router, verizon internet

anyone???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-me-time-warner-router-verizon-internet.1004226/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have the Kbps broadband PPPoE The modem is Westell Wirespeed C - R I bought a Linksys Wireless-G SRX router Configured the TCP IP to DHCP for Windows XP to obtain IP address automatically Set the DSL PPoE with Linksys connect DSL Wireless-G router Cannot Verizon username and password Set the router password Setup complete I am unable to connect to Verizon just times out I have to reconnect the ethernet directly to my laptop to gain connectivity C Documents and Settings helpme gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name myname Primary Dns Suffix work net Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search Cannot connect Linksys Wireless-G router with Verizon DSL List work net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Cont roller Physical Address - C- - - - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Cannot connect Linksys Wireless-G router with Verizon DSL Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - B- - C- C-EE Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Saturday September AM Lease Expires Sunday September AM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Bluetooth Personal Area Network Physical Address - A- B- - - C PPP adapter verizon Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description WAN PPP SLIP Interface Physical Address - - - - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Any suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

I wonder if there's any way to add a USB printer to the Verizon router that would allow all computers on the network to print from it. On the new verizon fios router there is only ethernet connections. I could of course get a network printe, but for now I wonder if there's some way to turn a USB into an ethernet connection. I've got Macs and the Airport had a USB connector that allowed this, but I wonder if this is possible w/o using Airport.
Thanks.
-wayne

A:USB printing and verizon fios modem/router

Ethernet print server; for example: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/category_slc.asp?CatId=206

Caution: some printers are not compatible with a print server.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-printing-and-verizon-fios-modem-router.634870/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hey all Thanks for taking the time to read this Here is my issue I use Bit Torrent to trade Grateful Dead concert recordings all legit trading I have Verizon DSL a Westell G Modem and a Linksys WRT N V Router The Modem is located at and the Router at In the router setup page I with DSL Router and Linksys Port Verizon Forwarding have properly forwarded and triggered my ports However when I visit my torrent site it tells me that I am firewalled or quot NAT Port Forwarding with Verizon DSL and Linksys Router quot I used to have the Linksys WRT G Router and it was configured to PPPoE and everything worked fine One day I did a firmware upgrade on the router and it would no longer connect to the internet I switched ti to Automatic Configuration - DHCP and it connected but performance was slow and this NAT issue began I eventually got the new router and I have the same problem If I set it to PPPoE put in he username and password I lose my internet connection If set to Automatic Config - DHCP it works but again quot NAT quot Verizon told me that this newer modem self configures itself as PPPoE and there is no need to set the router to PPPoE but I can t seem to get these ports forwarded or get around this NAT issue It is causing a significant loss of performance and while torrenting I can not connect to others meaning I can not share what I have downloaded the torrent client won t upload I have been screwing with this for months and have spent endless hours on the phone with Verizon - Linksys says my router is out of warranty so they want month for tech support Anyone have any ideas I have been working with the tech support team on my torrent website and they can t get it figured out either Any help would be greatly appreciated I am going out of my mind Thanks again for reading listening nbsp

A:Port Forwarding with Verizon DSL and Linksys Router

I can almost guarantee that Verizon blocks bittorrents. BTW, the modem probably already has NAT functionality so there is no need for the extra router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/port-forwarding-with-verizon-dsl-and-linksys-router.987697/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have dsl with Verizon I have bought the version dsl router that is a modem and wireless router I DSL Verizon Problems modem/router setting up have my primary computer set up with the connection I can connect the interenet and everything just fine My problem is trying get my other computers set up to work I have other Problems setting up Verizon DSL modem/router computers with the G-wireless adapter cards inserted in a the pci slot They are all working properly and they can connnect the the lan connection and all the computers can communicate through the primary user computers shared folder The problem is they cannot connect to the internet it either is low to no connectivity or not connected to the interenet at all either way I can not access the interenet via internet explorer Now if I hardwire these other computers they do work with a connections Its when they work on the wireless they have problems When I check levels is has excellent - mbps to the router but never get the internet to connect I also have a linksys g-wirless router as well I have tried connecting a cat from the version router to the linksys routher I try connecting to the linksys router but each time i try to connect is never allows me to use the deafult password no did it ever ask me to change it When I run the software that came with the linksys router it goes through all the steps until is says quot checking computer information quot it loads that to twice or so then asks for a password I have tried admin and many others Nothing seems to get me past that step in connecting and setting up my linksys router And same thing I can have multiple computers connect to it hardwire and wireless and they can see eachother and talk but no internet connection I am not sure what to do here if anyone has any ideas on how to fix plz help Wether I can set up my Verizon dsl routher to them all or I have to use both routers to accomplish internet connection nbsp

A:Problems setting up Verizon DSL modem/router

Let's start with some basics.

Please supply the following info, exact models of the equipment please.

The name of your ISP and country of residence.
Make/model of the broadband modem. If dial-up, please specify.
Make/model of the router (if any).
Connection type, wired, wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (WEP, WPA, WPA2, etc.)
Make/model of network card or wireless adapter.
Make/model of your computer (motherboard if home-built).
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP-Home SP2.

Also, please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

With the wireless machine connect to the network, let's see this:

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-setting-up-verizon-dsl-modem-router.612959/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello All, I am trying to setup a wireless connection throught my Westell 2200 modem for Verizon DSL.

My DSL works fine if connected directly from my computer. It works both if I dial from my computer or setup the username password for the DSL on the Westell modem.

I am now trying to connect my Belkin 54g wireless modem to the DSL Modem. I have tried everything given on diffrent sites, none of them work. I have setup the westell modem as a bridge and deactivated DHCP, and athenticated PPPoE from my wireless router- But it doesnt work. Have tried everything given on forums to websites - No luck yet.

Anybody have any ideas?

Just Curious - Certain forums talk about setting the MTU to 1492. But my Belkin only has a range of 1440-1454 with 1454 as default. What should this MTU setting be?

Appreciate everybodys help.

A:Westell 2200, Verizon DSL and Belkin 54G router!

ramki1 said:

Just Curious - Certain forums talk about setting the MTU to 1492. But my Belkin only has a range of 1440-1454 with 1454 as default. What should this MTU setting be?Click to expand...

the 1454 will be fine -- the object is to avoid packet fragmentation and this
size will do

I am now trying to connect my Belkin 54g wireless modem to the DSL Modem. I have tried everything given on diffrent sites, none of them work. I have setup the westell modem as a bridge and deactivated DHCP, and athenticated PPPoE from my wireless router- But it doesnt work. Have tried everything given on forums to websites - No luck yet.Click to expand...

DHCP is seldom an issue -- It bugs me to no end that it gets the blame for so many issues!

You will need to document your ISP settings BEFORE connecting the router;
capture all the PPPoE data therein. Document and report back the IP, Mask,
gateway and dns addresses

THEN copy those settings into your router setup.

REACTIVE the router mode -- nothing wrong using it.
connect the modem--router--system and document your NIC settings seen
from run->cmd /k ipconfig all

see this post for debugging your settings

[/QUOTE]

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/westell-2200-verizon-dsl-and-belkin-54g-router.70023/
Relevancy 54.61%

We had a client that had the CTB locker. We scanned and cleaned it with Combofix, Malwarebytes, JRT, ADW, Emisoft Emergency, and Rogue Killer. Deleted all temp files, etc.. 2 Days later it was back. System was down when we arrived. We connected a netbook to the Router and almost instantly Windows Defender (win 8.1 system) popped up saying it prevented unsolicited downloads to your computer. We reset the router to it's defaults (hold reset button in until it resets) and problem went away. Has this been reported before? I have seen infected routers a couple of times in the last coupe of years, but not recently and not any of the Crypto Locker variants.

A:CTB Locker infected Verizon Fios Router

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/565523 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new FRST log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download FRST by Farbar from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.FRST Download LinkWhen you go to the above page, there will be 32-bit and 64-bit downloads available. Please click on the appropriate one for your version of Windows. If you are unsure as to whether your Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit, please see this tutorial.Double click on the FRST icon and allow it to run. Agree to the usage agreement and FRST will open. Do not make any changes and click on the Scan button. Notepad will open with the results. Post the new logs as explained in the prep guide. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565523/ctb-locker-infected-verizon-fios-router/
Relevancy 54.61%

im trying to setup for accessing my external router via remote admin port 8080 which has to jump through the verizon dsl modem

this is what i have
modem - set to static
dhcp off
port forwarding 8080 to 192.168.1.20

external router
lan 192.168.1.254
wan 192.168.1.20 (static)
dhcp on
remote admin port 8080

then i try http://myip:8080 and it wont connect.
why wont it connect? do i need to add another rule on the router to port forward?

A:router remote admin through verizon dsl modem

Hello,

Your LAN and WAN address are in the same IP Range. I think that this will cause problems with routing.

First backup your router and modem configs.

Change the modem IP address to 192.168.0.1 and change the routers WAN address to 192.168.0.254.

Change the Port forward rule on the modem as required for the new IP address and make sure that remote management is enabled on the router (port 8080). Another way to do it would be to create a DMZ to the router so that all port forwarding is done there.

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/220083-router-remote-admin-through-verizon-dsl-modem.html
Relevancy 54.61%

How do I get my verizon usb mobile modem to work with my wireless router? My router is a Belkin N150. Thanks in advance

A:Verizon USB Modem to Connect to Belkin Router

Moving your thread to the networking forum, and I have edited the title for better results.
Go to Start/Search and type devmgmt.msc Right click the devmgmt icon in the search results and Run As Administrator. In the Device Manager, under Network Adapters, is your Verizon Modem listed? or does it have a Yellow flag next to it? If the later, then you need to install the driver for it. If there are no flags and it is listed. Are you using the Verizon software to manage the wireless connection or the Windows software? Either way, you should have a Wireless icon in your system tray by the clock. Here you double click it to Show Available Wireless Networks. Does your Belkin Router show up? Can you try and connect to it? Do you have a wireless passphrase you need to type in?
Download the Wifi Inspector to test your wireless adapter and your routers signal.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/verizon-usb-modem-to-connect-to-belkin-router-640597.html
Relevancy 54.18%

hey,
having a bit of trouble connecting my new netgear rangemax wireless router to my verizon dsl and my modem is a westell 6100. I really have no background in network connecting so a little help is necessary. Setup is a destop to a modem to a router to a ps3. The ps3 gets a signal no problem without even installing the setup disc, its just that im having trouble connecting the internet to the router itself. When is comes to Subnet and Ip and Gateway im lost. Considering when i look at the connections i have Verizon online, Westell Wirespeed Dual Connect Modem and NVIDIA nFORCE MPC Networking Controller, don't have any clue which to connect to. Any walkthrough or help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 54.18%

I am have a problem hooking up a Westell Wirespeed Dual Connect modem (provided by Verizon) to a Linksys wireless router. I can't access the internet either wired or wireless. Here are the things that I have tried:

logged into westell modem, changed VC config to BRIDGE
turned off DHCP on modem

logged into linksys router and changed ip address to 192.168.2.1 (since modem uses 192.168.1.1)

Set the router for PPPoE, input username and password

once everything is connected, i can't get the router to connect in the status field. It continues to give me the error message of not being able to obtain an IP address from the verizon servers. linksys offered the solution of power cycling, but this did not work either.

Any help would be great! I'm currently out of ideas for the night. I've set up numerous wireless networks before and have not been this stuck!

Relevancy 54.18%

I just signed up for verizon fios (after comcast cable for years - no problem) and I have the ethernet cable connected to my airport extreme base station (used for wireless and comcast). Problem - my macbook pro may go a day or so with the Verizon wireless then will not pick up signal unless I go to router and reconfigure.
I want to bypass verizon router (M1424WR - only has coax cable) and let my airport extreme be wireless. Or maybe I need a different router.

Never had a problem with my laptop picking up wireless anywhere in the world - now havng problems in my own home.
Anyone have any ideas how to remedy?

A:Linking Verizon wireless router to Airport Extreme

Well, if you have FiOS TV, bypassing the Verizon router isn't an option if you want the guides and On-Demand to work.

Take a look at this page for some configurations that may solve your problem: http://www.dslreports.com/faq/verizonfios/3.1_Actiontec

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linking-verizon-wireless-router-to-airport-extreme.772265/
Relevancy 54.18%

First of all thank you for reading this post As I look through the history on this forum I see a lot of questions similar to mine but yet I ve been unable to correctly fix the problem I am having I am working in a K- school which has all rooms in the building wired for the Internet We have Verizon Business DSL which Westell to Cisco router Verizon working... E1000 not came with a Westell A - - Verizon Westell router to Cisco E1000 not working... router modem The phone line comes into the building connects to the Verizon router which then connects to a series of switches that go out to the entire building Now one of administrators in the building has a Cisco E wireless router in their room They would like to use it so that they can have wireless access in their room and for any visitors other admins accountants etc to use in her office My problem is Verizon Westell router to Cisco E1000 not working... that I cannot get the wireless router to even pick up the Internet in that room I have it plugged directly into the room s connection but computers wired or wirelessly connected to the Cisco will not pick up any Internet connections I have seen many threads about disabling DHCP on the Cisco router etc I have tried to copy the settings to the best of my ability but I cannot seem to get it to work Does anyone have any experience with this particular router to help me get her connected in her room through her Cisco E router Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Verizon Westell router to Cisco E1000 not working...

All you should need is an access point in the room, not another router. As long as that AP has some sort of security for guest and LAN users you should be fine. Why add more complexity if there is no need to.

I am guessing with this router that the LAN interface is not part of your LAN.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/verizon-westell-router-to-cisco-e1000-not-working.990360/
Relevancy 54.18%

How can I connect my Verizone Broadband card to my Linksys router so that I have wireless internet access?

Relevancy 54.18%

Not sure what to expect. Right now we have Verizon DSL. I am not sure what to expect and how will this change things. Is their router wireless? Will they set up my laptop too, or will I have to do that myself?

A:Getting Verizon FIOS have 1 desktop 1 laptop do they connect to a router?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-verizon-fios-have-1-desktop-1-laptop-do-they-connect-to-a-router.798242/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello SO I have a wireless G adapter installed in my Wirelss router Adapter Verizon G Wireless N SLOW FIOS w/ HTPC The router i'm using is the Verizon Wirelss G Adapter w/ Verizon FIOS Wireless N router SLOW FIOS router b g n NOT the quantum With this G adapter max is Mbps but i'm only getting Mbps down and Mbps up The other devices that I have running off wireless iPads get Mbps Up and Mbps Down My questions is this I believe that the wireless adapters in the iPads are wireless N hence why i'm getting kick a speed from both the iPads I figure I would get a Wireless N adapter for my HTPC as well since the current G is very slow BUT the thing that bothers me is why am I not getting the mbps on the HTPC then Is there something I may have done incorrectly to get those lousy speed or Is it just that G adapter Once I upgrade to the N adapter will my speeds be the same or better then my iPads if I do switch from G to N I'm looking to upgrade to the TP-Link TL-WN ND Wireless n with the dual antenna I wish I could hook up the HTPC wired but that's not possible at the moment Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank You in advance

http://www.pchelpforum.com/network-help/127688-wirelss-g-adapter-w-verizon-fios-wireless-n-router-slow.html
Relevancy 53.75%

We have cox internet with a motorola modem and a netgear router

Recently it has been acting up with quick random drops of internet and sometimes slow page loads, it works but its just so intermittent

Anywho i finally got annoyed and tried logging into the router but it brings me to a verizon page which is so strange as we do not have verizon

Before i do a factory reset on the router i wanted to check how in the heck this even happened

YES i am connected to my network and not another wifi

A:STRANGEST Router error ever, verizon login with netgear 3700

If I had that problem the first thing I would do is give my ISP a call in your case that is Cox. They might be using equipment or services from Verzon.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/278752-strangest-router-error-ever-verizon-login-netgear-3700-a.html
Relevancy 52.89%

well right now i am using a pc but i am getting a laptop soon and i will need wireless connection. can i buy a wireless router from lets say Walmart or best buy and install it myself?
if so can you tell me how to do this in "Beginners language" lol please and thank you

A:Connecting a wireless router to my (wired) verizon boradband dsl 6100 modem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-a-wireless-router-to-my-wired-verizon-boradband-dsl-6100-modem.947548/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I ve been struggling with this for some time now I m trying to set my computer up with wireless via a Linksys WRT G latest firmware for hardware over a Verizon DSL connection through the Westell F I m in south central PA and I believe it s PPPoE rather than DHCP As is I have internet when my computer is connected directly to the F but throwing the Linksys into it I get no internet and no wireless connection Here is my ipconfig all WITHOUT the Linksys in place Microsoft Windows XP Version Windows IP Configuration Host Name DCM GYF Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List myhome westell com Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix myhome westell com Solved: issue with 6100F Linksys (Verizon DSL) get WRT54G - router can't westell wire Description Intel R V- Network Con nection Physical Address - D- - E-BD- F Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Solved: westell 6100F (Verizon DSL) issue with Linksys WRT54G router - can't get wire Lease Obtained Thursday January P M Lease Expires Friday January PM The same thing comes up with I do ipconfig all with the Linksys in place yet no internet connection And stranger yet when I go into Network Connections it indicates the Local Area Connection IS connected though no packets are being sent or received The computer I m using right now doesn t have a wireless receiver so I need to retain a wired connection to it but I also want a wireless network Any help on how I should configure the modem and the Linksys router to this end Thanks so much nbsp

A:Solved: westell 6100F (Verizon DSL) issue with Linksys WRT54G router - can't get wire

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-westell-6100f-verizon-dsl-issue-with-linksys-wrt54g-router-cant-get-wire.896193/
Relevancy 52.46%

I want to use my old router to have wifi. I discontinued my Verizon serivce and started using Charter which supplies an Arris modem, they told me i could simply plug the ethernet cable from the Arris to my wireless router. However on the back of the Actiontec the WAN line is smaller than the ethernet, it is phone plug size. And there are 4 other ethernet ports. Does this mean that I cannot use my Actiontec, is it useless or is there a way around this? I really want wifi and dont want to have to buy another router if I dont really have to . The action tech is GT784WNV

A:Can I hook my Cable modem Arris TM822A to my old Verizon actiontec wireless router

You could use the Actiontec as a wireless access point (disable its Dhcp server and connect the modem to a LAN port) but to have internet access on multiple devices simultaneously you need a router. You cannot use a modem/router as a router only.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-hook-my-cable-modem-arris-tm822a-to-my-old-verizon-actiontec-wireless-router.1104319/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi

I have 2 servers and want the main server WFS1 has dual nics for different networks.

I want to configure the main server WFS1 to pass data to WFS2 for terminal services.

My router config will direct the terminal server traffic to WFS1 however this is a SBS2003 machine and will not allow more than 50 users to logon!

My second server is Standard 2003 and can handle the workload however I am not sure how to configure the first server to achieve this.

The router is on a 192.168.1.X subnet and WFS2 is on 192.168.4.X subnet, remember WFS1 (where the router is currently pointing) is on a 192.168.1.X and 192.168.4.X (as it has dual NICS)

Short of installing another NIC into WFS2 I am sure there is a way to 're-route' the traffic to WFS2.

Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/routing-traffice-from-router-via-server-1-to-server-2.515119/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi I m new to this forum I appreciate any help I have been desperate because I cannot make my printer work out for a week now I have a Verizon FIOS internet set up last week so I now have a wireless Actiontec M WR router My printer s model is HP Officejet All-in-one and my wireless printserver is Linksys WPS G Operating system is Windows XP My problem is When I called Verizon Linksys Router Wireless & Verizon Printserver Wireless yesterday Linksys Wireless Printserver & Verizon Wireless Router I was told that to connect the printer to the router I do not need the print server I was asked to locate the ethernet port at the back of my printer plug the ethernet port cable and connect it to the Verizon router Unfortunately my printer does not have an ethernet port I was told to call HP and I did but did not get much help What should I do to get my wireless printer work I have a PC and a laptop Prior to Verizon I have a DSL and Vonage both routers and print server did not have the same problem Thanks in advance for your answers nbsp

A:Linksys Wireless Printserver & Verizon Wireless Router

Bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linksys-wireless-printserver-verizon-wireless-router.644602/
Relevancy 43.43%

Ok I am minutes away from being totally bald Here is my setup Windows Server Domain Controller DHCP DNS Help!!! Server, LAN Router, Active Dir XP Pro Clients D-Link DSL T Router I will try my best to explain The server has Help!!! Router, Server, LAN NICs The first NIC which is connected to an port switch is set to The second NIC which is connected to the ethernet port on the router is Help!!! Router, Server, LAN set to with a gateway of the routers IP I have setup the NAT service on the server so the client machines can access the internet from the LAN Help!!! Router, Server, LAN I have set my ISPs DNS server IP as the servers Forwarding DNS server All the clients are connected via switches to the network and can access the server for file sharing print sharing etc perfectly The ISP username and password is setup on the router and is connected fine I have disabled the DNS Proxy and the DHCP server on the router but left the NAT service running Here is the problem Can you guess yet I can access the internet perfectly directly from the server but if I try on any of the client machines I get a DNS error page in IE I tried to ping bbc co uk from the client machines the host name is resolved to an IP address but all I get is Destination host unreachable I cant even ping or from any of the client machines i get the same response Destination host unreachable Please help me before I pull all of my hair out and run my work office dry of coffee Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,

Thanks to every1 who help me for the last prob. This time, I want to host my own web space. I have a domain and it points to my ip, this is not a prob. The problem is that when u type the web address, it brings up my router's web server/config util. I've set the router up to forward port 80 to 192.168.1.4 (web server) and I have configured IIS on the web server to show my test page. The web server works on the LAN and I know the problem is with the router. I have a D-Link 504T modem router, and I'm really not sure what the problem is. There are no virtual server settings on the router, there is only a port forwarding option.

Big-Z

A:Web Server Behind Router

Are you testing it from outside your lan?

Some routers, especially those with firewall capabilities don't traffic that exits the router for something behind it. I haven't had a chance to take a look at your router though.

Are you forwarding TCP and UDP to your internal web server? If the traffic being forwarded is a protocol you aren't forwarding all traffic will stop at the router.

Also, if you are getting the config page for your router on your outside interface you may want to fix that before you publish a server to the outside.

Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/web-server-behind-router.24124/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi ... i have a D-Link DI-614+ and i was wondering how i could host a Counter-Strike Dedicated server behind it ... people are telling me somethign about port forwarding but ive tried opening ports 27015 and stuff but it wouldnt work ... please help!

A:a CS server behind a router

Help ... please

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-cs-server-behind-a-router.220185/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hey...
Can a router act as a server? If I want to share the internet connection with several people and don't want my computer to be on all the time (be a server), can the router act as one? Then, I do not have to leave my computer on all the time, right? And all the computers with whom I have the connection shared will be connected, with no problems...?

Thanx

Relevancy 43.43%

I have a US Robotics 8054 wirelessG router and I am trying to set up an FTP server for a couple of friends.
For some reason, they cannot connect and I assume it has something to do with the router. Neither had a firewall up at the time.

I tried using BP FTP server and Cerberus FTP server. They tried connecting with CuteFTP and WS_FTP.

I am running Windows ME and have had a server before, but it was when I wasn't connected with a router.

If anyone can help, I would appreciate it. If you need more information, feel free to ask.
if you want, we can chat on MSN. I'd like to get this sorted. Thanks!

A:FTP Server behind a router

Is it through the Internet to your computer? You would probably use a DMZ.See the link for DMZ info here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/20042/ftp-server-behind-a-router/
Relevancy 43.43%

Ok, I'm trying to set up a CS match server on a computer at my house. Problem is, I'm on a router, so all the pc's connected to it have local ip's, so basically im just putting up lan servers, not internet. I've forwarded the necessary ports (it works because i tested hosting capabilities w/ wc3 and it worked fine) but for some reason the HL Dedicated server client just hosts on that local ip. So I was wondering if theres anyway to host. Maybe using external ip somehow? Or am I destined to buy a server?

Thanks,
Goodtis

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cs-1-6-server-through-router.589235/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,

My server has dual NICs
One of the IP addresses is 192.168.0.41
The second is 192.168.0.1

My router is a dlink DSA-3100 which splits public and private for wireless and LAN
My Private IP addyis 192.168.0.40
The public one is 192.168.1.40

Whenever I ping the 192.168.0.40 from my server I get no reply.
Whenever I ping the 192.168.1.40 from my server I get a response.

Can someone please explain this to me? Where do I have an IP conflict?

Thanks

Edit: The 192.168.0.40 is supposed to be the gateway for my server, but it totally slows down my traffic if I use this. My network still has internet access. I should not even be able to ping 1.40 from my server?

I'm running Small Business Server 2003

A:Router can't be seen by server.

I suspect that for anyone to help on this they will need to know to what each of those NICs is connected, and to see a complete ipconfig /all for the server.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-cant-be-seen-by-server.581105/
Relevancy 43%

I was wondering how to host a CS1.6 server through a router. I heard this can be done through forwarding ports and changing the router settings. I followed the instructions on the d-link support site but i still can't host servers. Please tell me what to do. i have a d-link 524. Thanks guys

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/host-cs-1-6-server-through-router.559323/
Relevancy 43%

hi all

i am having a problem setting up a print server for a friend.
here are the details.
3 computers, all hard wired to a Dlink DIR-625 router.
1 Vista, 1 XP Pro, 1 XP Home
a Dlink DP-G321 print server is connected to the router.
the print server has 2 USB ports and these are connected to 2 HP printers.
i have installed the printer software on all the computers.
i am only able to print from the original machine that i did the printer server setup on.
i am no Network Guru, i am just trying to help someone who knows less than me
if anyone could point out any errors or omissions , i would greatly appreciate it.

thanks

Mac

A:router and print server help

It might be that the print server software can only be on one machine, though I have not used anything like that.

Is the printers showing in Printers and Faxes? And if so can you share them?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-and-print-server-help.732656/
Relevancy 43%

Hello I ve been trying to set this up on my own for quite a while now and router port USB server with Looking NAS/FTP as to 2nd use can t get it to work I m wondering if this is even Looking to use 2nd router with USB port as NAS/FTP server possible so here s what have - verizon fi-os service - primary router from verizon connected to internet via coaxial cable - Asus WL- W router - TB USB external harddrive I wanted to use the ASUS router as a primary and attach my HDD so I could use it as NAS FTP server but I have to use the verizon router because I can only connect to internet via coaxial connection So basically what I want to do is to take my ASUS router attached to external HDD and connect it to my primary router so I can access my HDD on the network It would be nice to use it as NAS but I also want to try to use it as FTP file server Hope I didn t jumble my words too badly TIA for any help nbsp

A:Looking to use 2nd router with USB port as NAS/FTP server

see if this works
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together
Shamelessly stolen from a John Will Post

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-to-use-2nd-router-with-usb-port-as-nas-ftp-server.1020927/
Relevancy 43%

Hello friends,

I setup my XP Pro system as a VPN Server. To test, I tried to VPN through another PC within my home LAN and the connection was successful. So the VPN is working fine.

Now, I wanted to VPN from outside the network. I have ZyXel P-330W routher. I did setup Virtual Servers in the router to forward the following ports request to the XP system.

TCP: 1723
TCP: 1701
UDP: 500

I just can't VPN through it from outside. Any clues???

A:XP Pro as VPN Server through Zyxel router

Does the Virtual Servers page list PPTP as an option?
Or did you set up the ports under Special Applications?
The manual is not clear on where that should be setup.

On the WAN Port configuration page, be sure you check the Enable PPTP Pass through on VPN Connection box.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-pro-as-vpn-server-through-zyxel-router-539000.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi I recently changed my ISP and the internet works just fine when connected directly i don t have a modem my computer is connected to a device that has no buttons or lights whatsoever - which is directly connected to a fiber optics cable Thing is my router stopped working for no reason it used to work just fine and now i can t connect to the internet I m using Vista when I run Diagnose and repair it says quot Cannot communicate with Primary DNS server fe dad e a e - network diagnostics pinged the remote host but did not receive a response quot It is a problem server errors (router) DNS that DNS server errors (router) cannot be automatically fixed I ve DNS server errors (router) resetted the router many times but nothing used ipconfig release and ipconfig renew but nothing since its not an IP problem Its a DNS server problem but i don t know how to fix this Seriously need help here is what it says in ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List mshome net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix lan Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - - C- C-B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cdc ec e f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained quinta-feira de Janeiro de Lease Expires s bado de Janeiro de Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -D - - - - D- - -FD-DA DNS Servers fe dad e a e NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Connection-specific DNS Suffix Search List mshome net Thanks in advance nock nbsp

A:DNS server errors (router)

Your primary DNS server is on an IPV6 address which I doubt? Remove the 'fe80::7dad:9e22:a307:6e2%13' address from the TCP/IP properties of the LAN NVIDIA nForce 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet card.

To do this goto START --- Control Panel --- Manage Network Connections. Then right click the properties of the Local Area Connection card.

Where it says 'This connection uses the following items I would untick IPV6(as my guess is you dont need it!) and on IPV4 click on Properties and ensure it either says Obtain DNS Server automatically or the address 192.168.1.254.

Then try internet again! Good Luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dns-server-errors-router.894363/
Relevancy 43%

ANYONE KNOWS ABOUT USING YOUR WIRELESS ROUTER AS A VIRTUAL SERVER, SHARE SOME KNOWLEDGE PLEASE

A:Virtual Server Through Router

Could you be more specific as to what you're trying to accomplish?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virtual-server-through-router.423426/
Relevancy 43%

First i start a little of topic: thank you guy's for helping me on my last problem thanks.
but i have a new 1 for you
I'm trying to connect over VPN to a other pc there both on the same network so i try locally first it works.
After that i go trow my router i port mapped port 1723 TCP and UDP to the server and 500 and 50 and 51 and 47 all TCP and UDP after i did this is try connecting going to the outside.
And what happens then:
everything looks well at start than i get the “verifying username and password” screen then it just dies out slowly and pain fully.
Do i just miss a port or what ?
Anybody had this problem and fixed it ?
Thanks for reading my post.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-vpn-server-and-vpn-client.471654/
Relevancy 43%

I went out and bought a Linksys WRT N V to replace my old wired router which I had NO problems with btw and started having this problem on the XP computer that was hardwired to the router My main computer Vista that was using the wireless adapter had ZERO problems The other day I decided to switch the location of the router and modem to be closer to my PS so now my main computer is hardwired while my XP computer is using the wireless adapter Now my main computer is having this DNS problem It literally took Router, New Server issue DNS me about half an hour to be able to reply to this thread because all I kept getting was quot Internet Explore cannot display the New Router, DNS Server issue webpage quot and a quot diagnose connection quot button I noticed the pattern to this problem was right after I fired up my computer What boggles me is that it s NOT an internet connection problem I say this because my MSN Messenger will sometimes connect right off the bat being able to chat with friends and whatnot but when I try to check my email or go to any other page for that matter quot Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage quot And if it s not not being able to display the webpage I get a Google page saying quot Oops This link appears to be broken quot and a thing in the upper right hand corner saying quot DNS error - cannot find server Now my PS and my XP computer are both having the problem loading webpages within minutes of connecting to the internet There s gotta be a solution for this but I haven t found one yet after searching for the last month I don t believe there s something physically wrong with the router but I do believe the problem lies within the router and it s maybe it s relationship with Windows Though my Vista machine didn t have a single problem using the wireless adapter but my XP machine does So maybe it s the router s relationship with Windows Networking system Bleh nbsp

A:New Router, DNS Server issue

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Note: You will need to post complete details of your configuration and your specific issue in this new thread for us to help you.

Thanks for your cooperation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-router-dns-server-issue.850637/
Relevancy 43%

Hello everybody I have an Apache web server setup on port - along with PHP MySQL I on Web-Server Router Linksys a also have a Linksys WRT G v Router and a static IP address The problem Web-Server on a Linksys Router here is that when I go to http the router s setup screen under Web-Server on a Linksys Router Applications amp Web-Server on a Linksys Router Gaming - gt Port Range Forward I have setup port forwarding for Apache Port Protocol Both TCP amp UDP IP Address this PC s IP address - the one with the web server setup on But the problem is people who are not in my Network still cannot access my Web-Server Now I assume I am giving them the correct IP address - which is the IP address given on the router s setup screen under Status I have everything setup correctly and it should work but I have no idea why it won t work Maybe am I giving them the wrong IP address I doubt that though because I get the same IP listed under my Firewall ZoneLab s ZoneAlarm under my Router s Status page and at the two following sites http www whatismyip com amp http www ipchicken com - so I can t possibly be giving them the wrong IP address And when I have my Apache server not running and go to the IP it times out obviously it should But when my Apache server is running in Firefox I get an alert that says quot The document contains no data quot in Internet Explorer I get a quot Cannot find server quot Other people out of the Network get the same message s What could I possibly be doing wrong By the way I m running Windows SE Second Edition and my Linksys Router s firmware version is v Sep Note that this question IS NOT related in anyway to P P File Sharing Thanks and regards Jamison nbsp

Relevancy 43%

Hi We have a Local Area Network at work DHCP NAT Server Router behind a and DHCP Server behind a NAT Router on this network DHCP Server behind a NAT Router we have a VM Server with Windows Server R that we plan on using for Active Directory and this server also has DHCP and DNS Server configured on it is the Server IP NAT is not configured on the server but is configured on the router From this Network I have my own private address range - which connects to my NAT Router I am able to get an ip address of from the DHCP Server for my XP Client interface vlan ip address ip nat outside no shutdown Next I setup a second interface on my NAT Router Interface Vlan ip address ip nat inside ip helper address no shutdown I set up the range on the same DHCP Server When I connect my Windows XP Client to Interface Vlan I am unable to get a DHCP address on this client but on the server it says that it received an ip address DHCP Server address ip address netmask Gateway DHCP Server Setup Vlan ip range - Gateway DHCP Options Router DNS Server DNS Domain Name SQA com WINS NBNS WINS NBT Node Type x Any Ideas on how to fix this so I can get a DHCP address on Interface Vlan I am assuming it is a configuration issue Thanks Scott nbsp

A:DHCP Server behind a NAT Router

it's actually a routing issue; if you can add proper routing from the router to the server,
it will all work.

HOWEVER, it would be far easier to just place all systems in the same subnet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dhcp-server-behind-a-nat-router.126098/
Relevancy 43%

Hi I ve been having a problem with my router lately It s a pretty old NETGEAR WGT around years old on a Mbps connection Router with Server DNS Problems and recently it s starting to get connectivity problems DNS lookp failure more and more causing me to have to power-cycle the router every now and then after I do I get internet for about - minutes before having to do it all over again which is obviously getting annoying There are - devices connected to the router on average and this had never been a huge problem until recently A few weeks ago in the midst of this problem I reset my router to its factory settings and the problem did not resurface until a couple of days ago Router Problems with DNS Server I reset it Router Problems with DNS Server to factory settings again last night and it worked fine until the problem occurred again this afternoon The Windows troubleshooter tells me that I might need to replace or Router Problems with DNS Server reconfigure my router but I can t exactly get a new one just yet Is it really just showing its age or could it be just overworked Any help is appreciated nbsp

A:Router Problems with DNS Server

Is it really just showing its age, or could it be just overworked?Click to expand...

I think neither. It appears to be failing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-problems-with-dns-server.1051391/
Relevancy 43%

Hey guys im having problems putting up a server for counter-strike. I made one and it works when i remove my router but it is a pain because my brother starts to whine about him not having internet so i was wondering if you guys could help me. I read some of the other forum topics but i dont know how to access my router from my computer. My routers brand is NetGear. Please help me out.

Relevancy 43%

Hi all,

I have dedicated servers for Quadra tetris. Used the usual Batch files for each server with different port numbers. Since installing netgear router i cannot get my servers up and running. I am connected to dynamic broadband, set up the router according the disc that came with it but cannot connect. The message is "trying to connect to .....ip number. Has my ip number changed now that i installed the router. I am the main one on the router and the other computer is an addition. Any help would be appreciated.

regards,
marina

Relevancy 43%

I need help setting up dedicated server for Counterstrike behind my Linksys router. I'm not sure what ports to forward, or that's even the problem.

Relevancy 43%

Hi I am trying to host a client server for the game quot Counter-Strike quot In the Router Server Hosting Through past after forwarding the correct ports for the Dedicated Server application I used Hosting Server Through Router to be able Hosting Server Through Router to run a well maintained game server for up to eight people without consistant and irritable lag on the server That was almost a year ago Now when I try to run my server through my router lag is in abundance where no more than - players can play without the server providing an unplayable environment I don t know if my router became old and grouchy or if I can optimize any settings on my router to make it operate as it used to a year ago with no bandwith issues I have a Linksys BEFW S which routes my Verizon Online DSL connection Never have I had problems with this before but now it seems that my connection can not hold up a small game server anymore I also have a Pentium GHz Processor with GB of DDR RAM Someone give me advice how to either optimize my router DSL connection or what router to purchase for hosting this kind of bandwith use Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 43%

Hi I set up a FTP server behind my router and it is configured to update noip dynamic dns server. I have forwarded port 21 in my router to the servers IP but when I try to connect to the server from an outside line I keep logging into the router instead. I have disabled remote access on the router but still it is trying to log me into the router and not the server behind it. I would also like to know this, my router has an option to update noip but I have installed the noip client on my server which will update it every 30 minutes. Should the one in the router be disabled? My guess is it shouldn't matter which service update method I use.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logging-into-router-instead-of-server.860434/
Relevancy 43%

Hello all.

I recently accomplished this task using a Ubuntu box (as you'll see in this thread: http://forums.techguy.org/networking/972120-solved-ubuntu-default-gateway.html).

However, i was wondering if i could do the same with windows server 2008? It would make things a lot easier.

thanks guys!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-2008-router.973939/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have tried everything that I can and apparently Tech Support can think of Here Has through router? run anyone BEFSR41 server FTP able Linksys to been is some more detail I Has anyone been able to run FTP server through Linksys BEFSR41 router? am running a FileZilla server from my PC I have a Linksys BEFSR v router I have mapped all ports through the router and the XP firewall I cannot access the server when the router is hooked up I ran the modem straight to the comp and it connected flawlessly In the router I have tried the following Upgraded the firmware to version quot Aug quot Mapped ports and several other ports for Passive Disabled the quot Block WAN Request quot Disabled the quot Filter Internet NAT Redirection quot I have even tried to run it in DMZ None of this has worked Same error message every time In FileZilla client the error is Status Connecting to my site Status Connected with my site Waiting for welcome message Error Disconnected from server Error Unable to connect In WS FTP Has anyone been able to run FTP server through Linksys BEFSR41 router? the message Has anyone been able to run FTP server through Linksys BEFSR41 router? reads like this Finding Host my site Connecting to my ip Connected to my ip in seconds Waiting for Server Response Error reading response from server Connection closed by remote host Host type Automatic Detect Like I said if I bypass the router everything works great So the router is the issue or am I just off-base here Any help would be great because I cannot see how this can be really that hard nbsp

A:Has anyone been able to run FTP server through Linksys BEFSR41 router?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/has-anyone-been-able-to-run-ftp-server-through-linksys-befsr41-router.413647/
Relevancy 42.57%

Do the new wireless routers - like linksys and dlink - have printer server capabilities?

I have an older HP 2200 all in one printer that I would like to connect to a router so that any of my computers can use it without having to worry about having a particular computer on.

I think the printer only connects via USB.

What are my options? I'm upgrading an 8 yr old SMC router, as well as some other equipment.

Thanks.

A:New router with print server capabilities?

Some very new router might have a print server feature, but don't hold your breath.

google for network print server

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-router-with-print-server-capabilities.102863/
Relevancy 42.57%

I purchased a Netgear PS101 print server to share my printer with my home network utilizing a Linksys BEFW11S4 router. I installed the Print server software and connected it to my router via hard line. The problem is when I go into my Linksys Router to set up the printer I can't see where to define the IP for the printer.

The Print server software doesn't see it either. What am I missing here? Or could it be that my printer is not capable of using the printer server (Epson Stylus C62).

A:Print Server and Linksys Router

You are trying to configure it from the wrong place. I don't know how that print server can be configured, but the router is the last place to try.

You might need to use some special software to give it an IP/configure or maybe it wants to use DHCP to get an IP and will provide you with a web interface.

You an see from your router config the existing IP addrsses that have been given out. If you see something besides your own computers then that is most likely the print server.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/print-server-and-linksys-router.16549/
Relevancy 42.57%

First I would like to apologize if this question has been asked before I am trying to setup a VPN at home so I can access the files on my laptop at home when I am in the Office My home connection is behind a router Home computer is my Windows Vista Business laptop and would like to access with my Mac I have followed countless post on how to configure VPN Vista with Router Need Windows Help behind Server a VPN Need Help VPN Server with Windows Vista behind Router server with Need Help VPN Server with Windows Vista behind Router Vista but in the end I am never told on what the server address for my computer is and how I would connect to it I have forwarded ports - and the PPTP port on my router to the ip for my Windows Laptop Can someone please help as I have tried quot Logmein quot but their system does not allow for me to specify what folder I would like to share and if I grant access to family members they are also able to delete files accidently Thank you in advance Regards Jeff nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

Okay so I am very familiar with the standard router set up and I get the whole purpose and function of a switch So I know the basic but what I am unclear on is the set up configuration methods used when there is a switch involved To better explain myself at my work replacement Router server / not working now we have a wired network that consists of the DSL modem connected to a standard port wired router which goes to a large switch All our workstations are connected into the switch The boss wants to give wireless networking a whirl so takes out the wired four port router replaces with standard wireless router Does not unplug or change anything Router replacement / server not working now else Havoc There is a server that all computers have to access frequently and while some computers can connect to the internet and some can t none of them can successfully connect to the server Spent several hours jumping from station to station trying to work it out but the bottom line is that the server computer had previously been set at a specifc IP address and each station connectioned to it by using address afp - which is no longer valid I guess Router replacement / server not working now after replacing the router Normally I go onto router web interface page and can go to the DHCP table and see who is connected But when I did that in this case the table listed all stations but NOT the server I guess I don t understand how to get into the switch configuration or if you can or what the problem could be I have never dealt with a network that included a switch in the mix since I normally stay away from business based networks and stick to the home stuff The guy who originally set up the server and the switch etc is not available for a while and we need this fixed If anyone had any ideas or thoughts or even explanations I am all ears Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

Hi all I have two routers One is a Linksys WRG G with the Tomato firmware flashed router filter web as one another Using DHCP server, as The other is a PC running the IPCop software Either would work fine on their own as a router I m wanting to use them both though Using one router as DHCP server, another as web filter because each offers different features Tomato has good QoS features but IPCop has good URL filtering My current setup is this IPCop is Tomato is Tomato is the DHCP server and uses as the default gateway So all traffic gets passed through IPCop it appears What I would like to have is ONLY web traffic Using one router as DHCP server, another as web filter going through IPCop I guess I could do this by using it as a proxy server and manually entering in the proxy settings on each computer on the network That isn t practical though so I m trying to think of a better way I have a hunch there s a fairly simple solution to this but I can t quite peg it The goal is this Have the Tomato router be the real quot router quot -- DHCP server port forwarding et cetera but force ALL web traffic and ONLY web traffic through IPCop Any suggestions Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-one-router-as-dhcp-server-another-as-web-filter.980740/
Relevancy 42.57%

Help please Hopefully some one will have the answers to my problems I am running PCanywhere on a server windows pro behind a router Dlink and workstations connecting to server through server? and PCanywhere router connecting they also have pcanywhere lan host running and win pro I have people in the office who want to connect to thier office computers running XP pro and PCA and PCanywhere connecting through router and server? running pro amp PCA I would like them to connect directly to thier office PCanywhere connecting through router and server? computers instead of to the server first and then using the network connection Is this possible I have it setup as connecting first to server then using network PCanywhere connecting through router and server? to get to thier desk but only one can connect at a time I have tried opening diff ports on each desk - but no luck I am at my wits end If anyone can get this working so each person can directly log on to thier office computer and more than one can be on at a time I would be eternely grateful Thank you docdct nbsp

A:PCanywhere connecting through router and server?

Doc, pcAnywhere uses 5631/5632 ports as default.
Set your router to forward through these ports for the first PC then use the next two 5633/5634 for the second PC Etc Etc.
You then get the callers to make sure they are using the same ports for their own PCs.
Now the only thing you need to do is make sure the passwords Etc match.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pcanywhere-connecting-through-router-and-server.255305/