Windows Support Forum

Logoff / Task Manager / Windows Installer all hanging

Q: Logoff / Task Manager / Windows Installer all hanging

Im using Vista and everytime I try to Shut Down it hangs on the Logoff screen...

.... Pressing ctrl+alt+del no longer brings up Task Manager despite the icon being displayed in the icon tray so i cant close any programs

--- windows explorer doesnt work properly .. not responding ....

.... If i try to install a program, windows installer doesnt do it, if i cancel it just says cancelling and hangs....

.... anyone as to any ideas how to resolve ...

thanks - yahya

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Logoff / Task Manager / Windows Installer all hanging

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Logoff / Task Manager / Windows Installer all hanging

How long has this issue beein going on?What programs do you have running at startup? Have you tried disabling with a startup manager, then re-enabling one at a time?Have you tried using System Restore or System Restore from a command prompt in Safe Mode to return to a previous state before your problems began?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/222634/logoff-task-manager-windows-installer-all-hanging/
Relevancy 79.55%

As requested a few extra things to add i cannot install uninstall a program because Windows Installer just freezes cannot use task manager to kill a process cannot boot in safe mode only comes up with black screen Windows explorer also comes up as quot Not Responding quot but operates ok if i disable all add ons currently all start up programs have been disabled but problem still persists Also the attach txt did not come up when i ran the dds scr DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Yahya at on Internet Explorer Microsoft Off" responding Task Manager hangs, "Logging Windows Windows and Vista not Installer Windows Vista Home Premium GMT AV McAfee VirusScan On-access scanning enabled Updated FW McAfee Personal Firewall enabled Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows Windows Vista "Logging Off" hangs, Windows Installer and Task Manager not responding system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system agrsmsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C Windows system srvany exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C pvsw bin w dbsmgr exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Samsung Easy Display Manager dmhkcore exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Samsung EBM EasyBatteryMgr exe C Program Files SAMSUNG EasySpeedUpManager EasySpeedUpManager exe C Program Files Samsung Samsung Magic Doctor MagicDoctorKbdHk exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Windows system WerCon exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows system vssvc exe C Windows system taskmgr exe C Windows system taskmgr exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system RacAgent exe C Windows system taskmgr exe C Windows system taskmgr exe C Windows system msiexec exe c program files windows defender MpCmdRun exe C Windows Explorer exe C Windows system msiexec exe C Windows Explorer exe C Windows Explorer exe C Users Yahya AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Yahya AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Yahya AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Users Yahya Desktop dds scr C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www facebook com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uInternet Settings ProxyServer uSearchURL Default hxxp search aol co uk web isinit true amp query s BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO FGCatchUrl f -aa - b - f d- a b e ef - c program files flashget jccatch dll BHO CA F - F E- B -A E- E E ... Read more

A:Windows Vista "Logging Off" hangs, Windows Installer and Task Manager not responding

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/222923/windows-vista-logging-off-hangs-windows-installer-and-task-manager-not-responding/
Relevancy 75.25%

I've been cleaning up a friends PC in Safe Mode after frequent crashes. SuperAntiSpyware removed piles of Trojans & Spyware including the persistent BupProtector.
Now all clean (at least, according to SuperAntiSpyware), but crashes when logging on to a new Admin account in Normal mode. Will logon to existing user account in Normal mode, and appears to run stable, until Logoff or Shutdown, when it hangs whilst "Logging off", and eventually dumps.
Win 7 Event Viewer shows Event ID 1001 source Brother BrLog at time of hang.
I guess I should uninstall Brother printer drivers.
Please help.

A:Windows won't Logoff without Hanging/Crashing

Please close this post.
I couldn't wait any longer and resorted to backing up docs/settings and restoring factory image.
Sorry this was not interesting enough for BleepingConputer experts. I guess I should have posted more details of the exact PC spec, OS, and exact error messages. Maybe try again one day..... there again!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508767/windows-wont-logoff-without-hangingcrashing/
Relevancy 73.53%

my roommate has been having problems with her computer. i installed zone alarm security suite on her computer and have done numerous scans. but when she crtl-alt-deletes it says "task manger has been disabled by your administrator" (admin has not disabled it though) and when she opens a shortcut or an application it says "adobe installer" something or other and "installs" something. I've tried finding out what it was but if i can't get in task manger to see what process' are running when the "adobe" comes up i don't think i can figure out where it's running from. any help is appreciated. thank you.

A:adobe installer and task manager

Allows you to enable or disable Task Manager for the Current User
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_taskmgrenab.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adobe-installer-and-task-manager.675357/
Relevancy 72.67%

I am having a problem when I attempt to run a downloaded installer. After downloading an installer for a game, when I run the installer, instead of installing the game, my Task Manager and Windows Explorer freeze. Does anyone know what causes this and how to fix it.
Thank you

A:Installer crashes Task Manager and Explorer

Check Resource Monitor - does CPU, RAM, HDD, etc... pin at 100%?
START | type perfmon /res

Also check -

1. WERCON -
START | type view | "View all Problem Reports" | 2x-click on line item for additional crash info

2. Reliability Monitor -
START | type perfmon /rel

3. Event Viewer -
START | type eventvwr.msc | Custom Views | Administrative Events

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/installer-crashes-task-manager-and-explorer-531135.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi All I have a very strange issue with the new Dell Precision T 's I've just bought Once the computers are added to the domain they hang on logoff restart shutdown - when domain on Computer on hanging only logoff showing just a blank desktop and a mouse pointer Not the black desktop issue the background image still shows This happens when using the local admin account so no roaming profile issues here The computers hang for approx - mins although this has been much longer on occasion up to mins The hang happens before the Computer hanging on logoff - only when on domain quot logging off quot message so diagnostic shutdown mode has been of no use Logging on has been fine and I am Computer hanging on logoff - only when on domain discounting Computer hanging on logoff - only when on domain things like bad memory hard disk as this is happening with every one Computer setup Dell Precision T mid model Windows Pro x SP Samba PDC SSD boot disk standard secondary disk Things I've tried Booting into safe mode - logs off fine When not on domain - logs off fine Clean boot - hangs Samba domain - hangs Vanilla install of Win - hangs Adjusting WaitToKillTimeout setting in registry - hangs Updated all drivers - hangs Using additional network card - hangs No network cable - hangs Full Windows Update - hangs Disabling Windows Search service - hangs I've been struggling with this for days now so any help additional recommendations for testing you guys have would be greatly appreciated Cheers Jon

A:Computer hanging on logoff - only when on domain

Extra info:
ClearPageFile is not set
No AV installed
Firewall disabled
DNS is definitely working, both forward and reverse.

Update:
Looking in the Application event logs suggests this might be being caused due to event ID 6005/6006 "The winlogon notification subscriber <GPClient> took xxx seconds to handle the notification event (EndShell)".
No other errors / warnings are showing.
Only issue in the GroupPolicy log is event ID 7320 "Error: Computer determined to not be in a site. Error code xxx".
Samba is not deploying any GPOs to our PCs (they are applied locally).
gpupdate / force completes in 10-20 seconds from the command line.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/378337-computer-hanging-logoff-only-when-domain.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I have win xp home version running on IBM Desktop with 256 RAM and petuim 4 chip. We have 5 users set up on the main screen and several of the users will hang the computer when trying to logoff. I recommend that they log off when not using the computer becasue with only 256 Ram the computer can get kind of slow with 5 users logged on. How can i keep the box from hanging and forcing a hard reboot when these users select logoff???

Thanks Jim

A:WinXP logoff hanging problem

If all of these people are logged on at the same time, you are out of resources. XP uses a lot of resources to maintain multiple users. It's a nice concept, this fast-user-switching, but lacking in technology.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/winxp-logoff-hanging-problem.209015/
Relevancy 65.36%

It says an error or corupt file is causing the problem. I know programs but not OS.

HP laptop presario C760T, intel pent 2 / 2gb ram, wireless/ 1.78GHz, Vista home premium 32bit SP2, puting on Win 7 ultimate 32 bit in 2 days. Dont want it messed up have to download drivers.

Any help thanks.

Tony

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-windows-installer-is-hanging-when-i-install-programs-484274.html
Relevancy 63.21%

You know how after you end a program using End Task in Task Manager, it asks you if you want to tell Microsoft about the problem? I was able on my other XP system to change an option somewhere so it doesn't ask me that any more. I just can't remember how I did it....

Anyone remember?

Thanks

A:Solved: Windows XP Task Manager/End Task question

Right click on My Computer / Properties / Advanced tab / Error Reporting button
Then check to disable error reporting.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-xp-task-manager-end-task-question.638995/
Relevancy 61.06%

Computer is running slow and won't load Task Manager Task never on open 100% but opens suddenly Manager, Task CPU to trying Manager noticed that CPU CPU suddenly 100% on trying to open Task Manager, but Task Manager never opens usage suddenly goes to if I try to open Task Manager however it never loads Likewise for Chrome and many other antivirus malware software They all work once I get into Safe Mode however they find nothing The anti-rootkit programs all complain about a driver not loading- possible rootkit infection or cause I'm in Safe Mode Here are my logs Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Joseph administrator on CPU suddenly 100% on trying to open Task Manager, but Task Manager never opens JOSEPH-DESKTOP - - Running from F Loaded Profiles Joseph amp Guest Wifi Available Profiles Joseph amp Guest Wifi amp Guest Platform Windows Home Version X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Safe Mode with Networking Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows HelpPane exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Windows Defender MpCmdRun exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe Malwarebytes C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System smartscreen exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run NvBackend gt C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe - - NVIDIA Corporation HKLM Run ShadowPlay gt C WINDOWS system nvspcap dll - - NVIDIA Corporation HKLM Run iTunesHelper gt C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe - - Apple Inc HKLM Run WindowsDefender gt C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCuiL exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run HDAudDeck gt C Program Files x VIA VIAudioi VDeck VDeck exe - - VIA HKLM-x Run APSDaemon gt C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher gt C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrobat sl exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run Acrobat Assistant gt C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe - - Adobe Systems Inc HKLM-x Run Adobe ID EYTHM gt C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Adobe Version Cue CS Server bin VersionCueCS Tray exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run HP Software Update gt C Program Files x Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe - - Hewlett-Packard HKLM-x Run gt X HKLM-x Run Wondershare Helper Compact exe gt C Program Files x Common Files Wondershare Wondershare Helper Compact WSHelper exe - - Wondershare HKLM-x Run Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit gt C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit mbae exe Winlogon Notify igfxcui igfxdev dll X HKU S- - - - - - - Run F lux gt C Users Joseph AppData Local FluxSoftware Flux flux exe - - Flux Software LLC HKU S- - - - - - - Run Google Update gt C Users Joseph AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe - - Google Inc HKU S- - - - - - - Run HP Deskjet J series NET gt C Program Files HP HP Deskjet J series Bin ScanToPCActivationApp exe - - Hewlett-Packard Co HKU S- - - - - - - RunOnce Report gt AdwCleaner AdwCleaner C txt - - AppInit DLLs C Windows system nvinitx dll gt No File ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers DropboxExt - gt FB ED -A - B - E -CDD E AF B gt C Users Joseph AppData Roaming Dropbox bin DropboxExt dll - - Dropbox Inc ShellIconOverlayIde... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/630642/cpu-suddenly-100-on-trying-to-open-task-manager-but-task-manager-never-opens/
Relevancy 59.34%

Every time I log off or shut down I get a window that says End Program - Task Panel. I end the program but it should end by itself. It just started doing this after I tried to uninstall some programs, including Earthlink, which didn't uninstall completely. I also put in a new battery (BIOS battery maybe? - quarter in size, like a watch battery) because my computer wouldn't start up after a blackout.

Attached is a hijackthis log, if that will help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/end-program-task-panel-shutdown-logoff.763819/
Relevancy 59.34%

I am in need of setting a task to run only when I logoff, reboot or shutdown the computer. Technically, this should be in another forum... as I am running the windows 7 beta. However, since it operates almost identically to vista and I have the same issue in my vista boot partition... here I am.

I experimented with the trigger options "when a specific event is logged" and found some entries for the restart manager/operations etc... is this my 'huckleberry' and if so what are the event id's and other info?

OR---> is there a better way to do this?

A:Schedule a task to execute at shutdown or logoff

so no replies to this one at all?!?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/schedule-a-task-to-execute-at-shutdown-or-logoff-382798.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello I thought I d try here to get some help for a problem before I re-install the OS I have a laptop running Vista Home bit It was re-installed due to file corruption about a month ago The symptoms occurring now are Logoff Shut Down will not complete - it acts as if a process is running and will not complete Task Manager will launch but only to icon in toolbar Can t get TM window to open so I can see the processes IE Explorer will launch but hangs SpyBot will not launch Wireless network indicator in toolbar indicates no connection although certain apps can connect such as MalWareBytes Have run Wireless Diagnostic from Control Panel - it shows no errors I am able to perform some tasks - Windows Explorer MalWareBytes I have loaded MalWareBytes from a flash drive and applied updates It has not detected anything I cannot access the Internet via IE launch; Explorer, will complete won't Mgr, Logoff SpyBot not Task IE Explorer or Firefox I Task Mgr, IE Explorer, SpyBot won't launch; Logoff will not complete can download apps on another computer and move them to the troubled laptop via a Task Mgr, IE Explorer, SpyBot won't launch; Logoff will not complete Flash drive I also have a Vista Repair CD and can boot into it if necessary Booting into Safe Mode Task Mgr, IE Explorer, SpyBot won't launch; Logoff will not complete just shows a black screen with quot Safe Mode quot in each corner That s about it Any ideas I am not opposed to re-installing Vista again but am curious as to what is going on

A:Task Mgr, IE Explorer, SpyBot won't launch; Logoff will not complete

Update: used a different utility instead of Task Manager, and it shows dwm (Desktop Windows Manager) not responding. Problem could lie there. Last night I was able to launch and run Spybot. Nothing except cookies found. This morning, can't get it to run again. Basically, programs launch and hang.

Also tried changing display parameters, etc, to relieve the load on dwm, but no luck.

Am heading toward doing a re-install....

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/334056/task-mgr-ie-explorer-spybot-wont-launch;-logoff-will-not-complete/
Relevancy 58.91%

Multiple problems obviously bit Vista Home Premium SP laptop The laptop will not shutdown normally It has kept the 'logging off' screen displaying for well over hours before I held down the power button Safe Mode does initiate just fine but when the desktop displays it is all black with 'safe mode' in each corner No icons No taskbar Ctl Alt Del will occasionally bring up the blue selection screen where you can select task manager along with lock the computer etc but nothing ever happens Pressing the Windows key any key R F D fails to do anything as does Ctl Esc or any of the other shortcuts This all applies to safe mode only So unless I'm missing something there's icons taskmgr, logoff No mode, or safe bar Will in task No not no way to do anything in safe mode Normal Mode does work just fine - the taskbar is there as are the icons And task manager does work I just can't update to SP And I can't run ComboFix to conclusion It goes through all stages but when it gets to quot do not run any programs until combofix has finished quot it just stays there I let it sit there overnight the other evening and it No taskmgr, No task bar or icons in safe mode, Will not logoff was still on that screen hours later I have run a full Malwarebytes scan which found nothing SFC scannow detected no integrity violations A chkdsk r f at startup yielded nothing Pressing F at boot will give me the options screen but when I select Repair Your Computer followed by Startup Repair it says 'Startup Repair could not detect a problem ' TDSSKiller did find questionable problems all of which seemed meaningless but I deleted them just the same Curiously it's been sitting on the blue ComboFix screen again for minutes - the one with quot do not run any programs until ComboFix has finished quot I figured I'd end the task using taskmgr but the Ctl alt del did not work and Windows R and entering taskmgr brought up the msg box quot Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion quot Don't know if that's a function related to ComboFix's not wanting me to run anything while it's running or if it really means what it says At any rate when I press and hold the power key it will not effect any changes that CF was attempting to implement Oh wait I stand corrected Now on a normal boot I get the blue green Welcome screen followed by nothing Just a black screen with a mouse pointer Looks like ComboFix and me managed to screw up a bad situation even more Bit of an update I removed the battery and the power cord After a restart I am on a normal boot back with a taskbar icons et al I had been unable to get SP installed through Windows Update I can't remember the exact problem so I had downloaded the stand-alone SP executable When I run that the laptop gives me the msg that it may restart doing the update process then it brings up the quot Install Windows Service Pack quot box The first thing it attempts to do is create a system restore point It's been sitting there with this little sliver of green showing the update progress for close to hours The task spinstall shows CPU and the memory usage is a steady K The application does not say 'Not Responding' It does indicate that the application is running but the lack of movement makes me doubt the verbiage More info - I cancelled the SP update and attempted to manually create a restore point I cannot When I go into System Properties and click on the System Protection tab the System Restore box and the Create box are greyed out In the Available Data box it says 'Searching' That has not changed in minutes

A:No taskmgr, No task bar or icons in safe mode, Will not logoff

I think that once we hit the 6 day mark without a single answer it seemed safe to assume that no answer would be forthcoming.

I'm a retired computer programmer who fixes PCs for people in the area. I charge next to nothing and mainly do it to keep active.

Despite the fact that I'd promised the customer I'd only charge them 20 bucks, they still wanted to have the PC back in a timely fashion. Seems reasonable. I've had it for a week now and I finally just backed up their data and reinstalled Vista. Everything works as it should.

Forums like this are great, and I appreciate the help I've gotten over the years, but sometimes the total lack of response can be incredibly frustrating. I see that relatively simple problems posted to the forum get answered immediately, but the tough ones, the ones that seemingly would interest people with expertise... well, those questions just languish unanswered.

Sometimes you just want some feedback - anything at all, if only to reaffirm your own existence.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/297019-no-taskmgr-no-task-bar-icons-safe-mode-will-not-logoff.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Whenever I try to open pics, clipart, etc. the Windows Installer pops up and says, "preparing to install" and nothing happens.

It will not go away when I click cancel and if it does disappear it promptly starts again.

I have to go to Task Manager and End Task to get rid of it.

This started to happen about the same time I installed Office 2007.

I have been to Microsoft, unistalled and reinstalled Office and nothing has worked yet. It is connected to error 1635 but the fix information I've tried references an HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE line that does not match anything in my reg when I go to edit.

Help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-installer-picture-manager-issues-310306.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi I recently got a GB Seagate external USB hard drive I ve been & with 4.5 Trouble Installer Windows Seagate Manager experiencing Blue Screens for a while now after the drive was added and I am currently troubleshooting in the BSOD forum here on Trouble with Windows Installer 4.5 & Seagate Manager techspot One avenue we tried was to uninstall the Seagate Manager software because it seemed it could be linked to my problem I am not able to boot normally as soon as my desktop appears I get a BSOD with quot page fault in non paged area quot I have been going into safe mode for my troubleshooting I used the Seagate chat today because I was not able to uninstall the Seagate software on my computer apparently it s because it can t be done in safe mode from what I was told by the chat tech I was instructed to download Windows Installer Since I have done that I am getting a different error message Error Windows installer service could not be accessed etc from the add remove programs because I don t think that the installed correctly in safe mode Does anyone know how I can get my windows installer back to normal or updated to while in safe mode since I can t boot normally right now Thanks Joe nbsp

A:Trouble with Windows Installer 4.5 & Seagate Manager

You could try using System Restore to bring your PC back to a point before you installed Windows Installer 4.5.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-windows-installer-4-5-seagate-manager.134370/
Relevancy 58.05%

Within the last three days my computer running Windows XP has started trying to install Roxio Media Manager. It keeps running over and over again and will not stop.

I have purchased Error Expert to try and stop it but it has not worked. Wondering a couple fo tings. If I totally uninstall Roxio Media Manager will that help? Not sure this would be a good thing but this is driving me crazy.

How do I stop windows installer from trying to install this progam?

A:Windows Installer keeps trying to install Roxio Media Manager

TSF,
Suggest you follow the link in my signature to especially download, update definitions and run Malwarbytes free. There are other cleaning tools in the link Learning each day that should also be of assistance to you.

Let us know if there is improvement,

kind regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-installer-keeps-trying-to-install-roxio-media-manager-483679.html
Relevancy 58.05%

My specs Dell dimension Windows XP home edition service pack MB ram GB hard-drive 12 bars. task Installer/MSoffice 2 Windows with --- one birds Icognito stone: years computer ownership 2 birds with one stone: Windows Installer/MSoffice 12 --- Icognito task bars. Firefox browser also IE installed but solely to keep other program properties functioning Click to expand Hello TechSupport Forum I have two issues One I ve come across just recently I d say weeks or so AND in the past but it ceased on its own The other is pretty minor but still an annoyance and I ve had it for as long as I can remember I ll start with the recent issue Whenever my computer starts up Window Installer begins running trying to install MSOffice repeatedly Whenever I cancel it pops up again and again tries to install I have to click cancel at least times for it to cease in sequences I tried the msconfig thing but I don t know what exactly i d be looking for and Google searches have proved fruitless for me as it never really gives a clear answer at least one that doesn t seem applicable to my issue Two It s not as bad as the first issue but every now and then buttons on my task bar will hide itself automatically So I ll have a window open switch to another window by clicking on the specific task-bar item and the former window I was in this doesn t happen EVERY time btw disappears It gets irritating because I either have to minimize each window just to get back to it or bring up task manager to click on it and when I do only then does the window reappear back among my task bar items Hopefully someone can help me with this issue I have installed several programs on my computer in the time of my first issue and don t recall EXACTLY when it began happening Said programs have been removed since then I ve also ran my AVG tune up software and supposedly resolved any issue s in that regard so I don t know what it could possibly be The second issue has been ongoing Again it s pretty minor and doesn t happen a lot but I still wish to resolve it since I m here Thank you Tech Support Guy forums Hopefully this explains it all nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-birds-with-one-stone-windows-installer-msoffice-12-icognito-task-bars.1067600/
Relevancy 57.62%

I use Sony Vaio.. the problem is that a Vaio Analysis manager / Windows Installer window keeps popping up and it suddenly exit without me even knowing what it is doing or installing.

A:Vaio Analysis manager / Windows Installer window keeps popping up

Hello zolboo and a warm welcome to the Forum
I found this on the Sony website. If you follow the instructions it should solve your problem

Quote:
This is the Vaio Personalisation Manager which keeps track of your favorite music, programs etc. As far as I can work out it is designed to make personalised recommendations of music or other things you may be interested in when using Vaio Media Gallery. Rather like Amazon's Personal Recommendations.
If you don't want this service then just disable it. Go to VAIO Analysis Manager and you will find an option something like ' Preference Learning' - just uncheck it and reboot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/251459-vaio-analysis-manager-windows-installer-window-keeps-popping-up.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I noticed a new row for Physical Memory in W7 from Vista as "Available", so what is the difference between Cached, Available, and Free memory now?

A:Windows Task Manager

Anyone know? Also what are your thoughts on new resource monitor? You can track individual processes now.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/2265-windows-task-manager.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I clicked some virus and opened it like a idiot I need smoe help removing it Everytime I CTRL ALT DELETE the task manager comes up then its killed for some reason The same happened for when yuou try and bring up the forgot the name thing to make everythiung smaller on the harddrive to get more room I have looked at several things to try and get rid of this virus but its not working This is my HijackThis log I am not very good with computers so help! Task Windows Manager please try and lead me through it Thanks guys Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP Windows Task Manager help! SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS Windows Task Manager help! system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system RioMSC exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Apache Tomcat webapps Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C sj hpupdate exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mmtask exe C WINDOWS system WINBOT EXE C Program Files AIM aim exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Valve Steam Steam exe C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire LimeWire exe C Program Files RALINK RT Wireless LAN Card Installer WINXP RaConfig exe c windows system ttrends exe C Program Files interMute SpySubtract SpySub exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Javasoft JRE bin javaw exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C Program Files Kevin Cook Mud Master MudMaster exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exe C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exe C DOCUME ADAMJO LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe N - Netscape user pref quot browser search defaultengine quot quot engine C A CProgram Files CNetscape CNetscape Csearchplugins CSBWeb src quot C Documents and Settings Adam Jones Application Data Mozilla Profiles default gh dgku slt prefs js O - BHO IDM Helper - C - - B-A BF- B C A A - C Program Files Internet Download Manager IDMIECC dll O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo COMPAN Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - Toolbar AIM Search - D A B-D B- d - A - EE F C - C Program Files AIM Toolbar AIMBar dll O - Toolbar amp Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo COMPAN Installs cpn ycomp dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE NvQTwk NvCplDaemon initialize O - HKLM Run MMTray C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe O - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD quot C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe quot O - HKLM Run StatusClient C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Apache Tomcat webapps Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe auto O - HKLM Run TomcatStartup C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox hpbpsttp exe O - HKLM Run WildTangent CDA RUNDLL exe quot C Program Files WildTangent Apps CDA cdaEngine dll quot cdaEngineMain O - HKLM Run DeadAIM rundll exe quot C Program Files AIM DeadAIM ocm quot ExportedCheckODLs O - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run HP Update C C sj hpupdate exe C O - HKLM Run ViewMgr C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run mmtask C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mmtask exe O - HKLM Run Windows Configss WINBOT EXE O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager quot C Program Files Yaho... Read more

A:Windows Task Manager help!

Also, I have ran SpyBot Search & Destroy, Adaware, and CWShredder.. Nothing worked

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-task-manager-help.342812/
Relevancy 57.19%

How do you repair task manager in windows 7?
Thanks for your help

A:Windows 7 Task manager

Quote: Originally Posted by rjmach

How do you repair task manager in windows 7?

I guess that depends on what's wrong with it...:

repair task manager windows 7 - Google Search

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/117587-windows-7-task-manager.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello. I am wondering why i have so many processes on my task manager, I have at the moment 53 processes and I am only using one browser. I understand that a lot of it is microsoft and windows processes but what I dont understand is when I un-click show processes from all users it has 11 and when I click to see all users it shows 53. I am the only user on this computer. Is this normal? Thanks for your time and help.

A:Windows Task Manager help

53 process showing all users is not to high. Mine has 54 and I run lean and mean.

Windows considers its self as a user and all the other things that are up and running.

Your normal don't worry about it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/339919-windows-task-manager-help.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a process that always seems to start up within half an hour of booting up that takes over 90% cpu and always makes my pc so slow it becomes unusable.

The process starts with the name fingerprint comp but I can't see any more because the field cuts it short.

I do not have any kind of fingerprint software installed (or hw) and cant think what this can be.
Is there a way of seeing more details about the process and does anyone have a thought as to what it might be ?
Thanks

A:Windows task manager

Hi crosslc , welcome to TSG

Maximise Task Manager and click on the Processes tab ( as you describe it as a process I assume that's where you see it ) . Directly on top of the list of processes you'll see headings for Image Name , Session ID , CPU Usage , etc . These headings are divided by a vertical line . Hold your mouse over the divider between Processes and Session ID and then left-click and drag the divider until you can see the full name of the .exe . You can then Start / Search and type in the name of the process to find where it's located on your hard drive . A google search for the process will probably give you a very good idea of the underlying problem and how to deal with it - and of course posting any further information or developments here invariably yields dividends

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-task-manager.636681/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi, using the buttons ctrl + alt + delete does not bring up my windows task manager as it normally should. I did remove a trojan, but still no luck. Does anyone know the run command for windows task manager? I thought it was tskmngr.exe but that didn't work, or how I can rebind these keys to run the exe?

Try Ctrl+Shift+Esc

Start>Run>taskmgr

Task Manager, MSCONFIG, or REGEDIT disappears while opening
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ToolsQuit.htm

Enable the Task Manager (Line 51)(Line 113 Repair)
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

More fixes here too, scroll down to
Task Manager
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_t.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-task-manager-107125.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Here s my Log Whenever I open my task manager or registry it only stays open Manager Windows XP Task for a second Ruined my birthday Please help Also please let me know what uneccesary things i m running besides the virus Thanks ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Logfile of Windows XP Task Manager HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe Windows XP Task Manager C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files TGTSoft StyleXP StyleXPService exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA NORTON navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System OUAGTNP Windows XP Task Manager EXE C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT ccApp exe C WINDOWS System regsrv exe C WINDOWS System RUNDLL exe C WINDOWS System RUNDLL exe C Unzipped HIJACK HIJACK EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www searchv com search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http www searchv com search php qq s O - BHO no name - A C A - AB - - F-F B F - C Program Files BonziBUDDY Web Compass WebCompass dll file missing O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run ccApp C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe O - HKLM Run windows sockets start up OUAGTNP EXE O - HKCU Run STYLEXP C PROGRA TGTSoft StyleXP StyleXP exe -Hide O - Startup Shortcut to dsl lnk O - Extra button AIM HKLM O - Extra button Related HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Show amp Related Links HKLM O - Extra button Messenger HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Messenger HKLM O - DPF Yahoo Graffiti - http download games yahoo com games clients y grt x cab O - DPF Yahoo Literati - http download games yahoo com games clients y tt x cab O - DPF Yahoo Pool - http download games yahoo com games clients y potb x cab O - DPF Yahoo Spelldown - http download games yahoo com games clients y sdt x cab O - DPF F -B - -A -B BB A C - http a g akamai net ple com drakken us win QuickTimeInstaller exe O - DPF D D - - D -BDCD- C F A B HouseCall Control - http a g akamai net housecall antivirus com housecall xscan cab O - DPF F C AA- B- -BA - A BB F Update Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft com CAB x unicode iuctl CAB O - DPF A E C -A BA- D - - DB C YahooYMailTo Class - http download yahoo com dl mail ymmapi cab O - DPF BD A - E - CF-B CF- AA A DAF - http www talkingbuddy com characters wabbit exe O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs flash swflash cab O - DPF EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F Yahoo Companion - http us dl yimg com download yahoo com dl toolbar yiebio cab O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip BE CDF -A F - F - -DF DA A EA NameServer nbsp

A:Windows XP Task Manager

Welcome to TSG and happy birthday!

Piggybacks are not the preferred way to get support so I've split your post to a separate thread, please always start NEW topics when requesting help.

First make sure "show hidden files" is checked in Folder Options > View, have HijackThis and probably a copy of these instructions on the desktop. Make sure your antivirus is updated with the latest definitions.

1 -- shutdown completely and wait about 20 seconds, then press f8 promptly on restart to access the boot menu and select Safe Mode.

2 -- run Explorer and navigate to:

C:\WINDOWS\System32 and send OUAGTNP.EXE to the recycle bin

3 -- run HijackThis and check and 'fix' the following entries:

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://www.searchv.com/search.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://www.searchv.com/search.php?qq=%s
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {A28C2A31-3AB0-4118-922F-F6B3184F5495} - C:\Program Files\BonziBUDDY Web Compass\WebCompass.dll (file missing)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [windows sockets start up 32] OUAGTNP.EXE

4 -- do a full system scan with your Antivirus in Safe Mode, then reboot and test for resolution.

If not resolved post a Startuplist instead of the Scanlog: run HijackThis, click Config > Misc Tools, check 'also show minor sections' and click Generate Startuplist.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-task-manager.157648/
Relevancy 57.19%

This hopefully should be short and sweet. I try to keep my processes at a minimum so that I'll have as much RAM as possible. First, I use Windows XP. Now when I do a Ctrl+Alt+Del to open my Windows Task Manager feature, I click the Processes tab to see what's running. I have been seeing two IEXPLORE.exe processes running when I do not even use IE. I use Mozilla Firefox. What's worse, is when I try to end them, they will pop back up again. Why is this happening and how do I keep IE out of my process tray?

A:Getting rid of IE in my Windows Task Manager

Here is some info. regarding IEXPLORE.exe

Name: IEXPLORE
Filename: iexplore.exe
Description: Added by the APHEXDOOR TROJAN! Note - this is not the legitimate Internet Explorer (iexplore.exe) process, which should not appear in Msconfig/Startup unless you add it manually!
Startup Type: Currently being identified.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/13231/getting-rid-of-ie-in-my-windows-task-manager/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have quite a few things in my WTM and wanted to know if I need to worry. I did an online search but came up with conflicting advice.

I have services.exe
and smss.exe

do I need to worry about these? I would have copy and pasted the whole thing but could not figure out how to do it....

Relevancy 57.19%

hi i use my task manager like every one else to check any problems with programs that are running but in the performance window i dont understand the four basic issuses, could some help me out and educate me as to what the the descriptions mean and what do they show,

totals
handles-----------8618
threads-----------402
processes---------31

commit charge(k)
total--------------308660
limit---------------927500
peak--------------345008

physical memory(k)
total--------------384496
available----------159840
system cache-----189876

kernel memory(k)
total--------------26680
paged-------------20740
non paged---------5980

this is the actual window and the figures that were shown at the time, can any one enlighten me has to what this window represents and how do i interpret it cheers finbar

Here's a good start to understanding it: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechn...l.mspx?mfr=trueHere's a more in depth description (requires Internet Explorer): http://www.microsoft.com/emea/spotlight/se...001491050E0E6C3 David Solomon gives some specific examples of what contributes to each of the entries.Finally, the 4th Edition of Windows Internals by Mark Russinovich and David Solomon has even more information about this. But it's awfully heavy reading (I've been reading it for several months now and am only about ? way done!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/159995/windows-task-manager/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have 33 processes running on my task manager... is this whats slowing down my computer? If it is, can anyone tell me which ones I can "end process" on?

Thanks for the help

Relevancy 57.19%

How do i open windows task manager to monitor my RAM usage.

Pete

Right-click on the Taskbar > Task Manager or Ctrl-Alt-Del. Go to the Processes tab.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-task-manager.736581/
Relevancy 57.19%

What could make my CPU usage run at 100% thus making my comp freeze? It'll run ok for a while then everything stops and I can't open anything making me turn off comp cold turkey instead of the proper way. I haven't downloaded anything new recently.

A:Windows Task Manager at 100%

Lets start with this
Run a full and updated anti virus scan
Download and do the same with malwarebytes

If positive report back and we will help

If negative give us a screen shot of task manager, if that is not sufficient, we may need process exploerer; but just task manager for now.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/287191-windows-task-manager-100-a.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hey, I've got some problems with my task manager. The problem is that when I open it, all I get is the open programs, and thats it, no menu, no anything but the open program list, and the "End Task" "Switch To", and "New Task" buttons. Everything else is gone. How do I fix it?

Relevancy 57.19%

When thing seem to slow down considerably I notice that sometimes there are strange applications running. Also there are many processes running at the same time. Are they all necessary?

Relevancy 57.19%

Is it safe to end a process like wmiprvse.exe or any other process for that matter? That process takes up around 46% of CPU usage sometimes and slows computer to a crawl for like two hours.

A:Windows Task Manager ?

Here is what wmiprvse.exe
Windows Management Instrumentation Provider Service first introduced in Windows XP, and then in Windows 2003. WMIPRVSE is a host process for WMI provider services. It is a new Windows architecture intended to eliminate the previous problems in Windows 2000 where the failure of a WMI provider service would make the whole WMI service fail as, then, WMI provider services were loaded in-process with the WMI Service (a new request to WMI would restart the WMI Service). With the new WMIPRVSE model, failure of a single WMI provider service affects that service only rather than the entire WMI Service. For the layman : this is an essential Windows XP/2003 service which will start whenever a specific piece of software requires its facilities.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-task-manager-113086.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi!
I was wondering if it is possible to know what exactly is running when I open my Windows XP Task Manager. I see some *.exe files that I don't know and I'm afraid that they might be something bad like a trojan maybe.
How can I tell them apart? Is there a specific program or book that I can buy?

Relevancy 57.19%

About two days ago DLBKPSWX.EXE showed up in Windows Task Manager. Can anyone tell me what this is for and can this process be ended?

Printer Status Window Interface for Lexmark Printers

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/61107/windows-task-manager/
Relevancy 57.19%

Is there a way in win XP to bring up the windows task manager (Ctrl Alt Del) on a remote box that doesnt have a keyboard?
I have tryed running the exe file taskman in windows dir but that doesnt work.

Relevancy 57.19%

Hello everyone,

When I push Ctrl/Alt/Delete my Windows Task Manager should pop up
but it doesn't do it anymore, then I hit the reset button and it started to work again,
then I restarted windows it stopped working even when I hit the reset button.
Can someone please help me fix this problem and or tell me if there is a way
to get to the Windows Task Manager from Start/Run?

Thank you all so must,

JJJ

Relevancy 57.19%

Initially while on XP Home Service Pack 1 I was able to cancel any task running shown in the Task Manager window (alt-ctrl-del). About three weeks ago I started getting "unable to terminate process" message when trying to cancel a SYSTEM task (i.e. javaw). This is still the case. I have since installed the SP2 on my PC.

My logon is as an administrator and has been all along. I did not change any settings that could have caused this problem.

Is there a setting that I am overlooking that controls this ability?
If so, how can I correct this situation.

Do you imagine that some malware may have altered my ability?

I have SP2 and have done for many months, and I can still End Task on SYSTEM or any other App in Task Manager. I get a Security Warning notice but I can over-ride and end the process. I can't find a setting that could have been altered so it's best to have your system thoroughly scanned by anything you can get hold of. If you happen to have a Registry back-up, it may not be a bad idea to back-up the present Registry files and overwrite with your backup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-task-manager.316124/
Relevancy 57.19%

Guess this is the umpteen time same problem When CTRL ALT DEL the task manger shows up for only sec and disappears or doesn t show up at Manager Task Windows XP all or sometimes the green squares will appear at the taskbar and when i touch it it will disappear Please help My hijackthis scan log is here Please give me instructions to Windows XP Task Manager go about quot fixing quot the problems as this is the first time i m using hijackthis scanning Thank you Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS System DRIVERS CDANTSRV EXE C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXE C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Speed Disk nopdb exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy DVDAudio CTDVDDet EXE C WINDOWS System CTHELPER EXE C Program Files Common Files CMEII CMESys exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Messenger Plus MsgPlus exe C Program Files Common Files GMT GMT exe C WINDOWS System explor exe C WINDOWS System RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files Norton Utilities SYSDOC EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Darren Peh Desktop HijackThis exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http find-quick com searchbar html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http find-quick com searchbar html O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS system msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run CTSysVol C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe O - HKLM Run CTDVDDet C Program Files Creative SBAudigy DVDAudio CTDVDDet EXE O - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run CTStartup quot C Program Files Creative Splash Screen CTEaxSpl EXE quot run O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run LogonStudio quot C Program Files WinCustomize LogonStudio logonstudio exe quot RANDOM O - HKLM Run CMESys quot C Program Files Common Files CMEII CMESys exe quot O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run Advanced Tools Check C PROGRA NORTON AdvTools ADVCHK EXE O - HKLM Run MessengerPlus quot C Program Files Messenger Plus MsgPlus exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run WindowsData C WINDOWS System explor exe O - HKCU Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NVMCTRAY DLL NvTaskbarInit O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe O - Global Startup Norton System Doctor LNK C Program Files Norton Utilities SYSDOC EXE O - Global Startup ZoneAlarm lnk C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zonealarm exe O - Global User StartupNorton System Doctor LNK C Program Files Norton Utilities SYSDOC EXE O - Global User StartupZoneAlarm lnk C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zonealarm exe O - Extra co... Read more

Restart Hijack This
Put a check Mark against the following:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WindowsData] C:\WINDOWS\System32\explor.exe

Restart your computer

Go to C:\WINDOWS\System32\explor.exe
Right click it and delete it

Update your Antivirus and do a full and thorough scan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-task-manager.157625/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a Windows XP machine and the Applications tab of Task Manager has just disappeared! There are no tabs at all any more. What comes up when pressing ctrl-alt-del is a single window showing Processes and the only choice you have is to End Process. The Min, Max, and Close boxes don't even exist so no way to close Task Manager except to right click the box on the task bar and select close.

I know of nothing strange that's happened recently or anything that I might have done although I must have done something. At any rate, does anyone have any idea how I can get Task Manager back to normal? I can't end applications anymore since they don't even show.

I did a Search on Task Manager but found nothing that was useful. I would greatly appreciate any help.

C.B.

Look in C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386\ , find taskmgr.exe and execute it.

Does that get the same result?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-task-manager-368998.html
Relevancy 57.19%

My Windows Task Manager will come up but it does not show all of the tabs. It only shows the processes tab and nothing else. I know there has to be something wrong with my computer, but even through my numerous times running antivirus it still wont show up.

Now here is the other thing- when i go and turn my cpu off, it makes a croakinglike a frog- NO LIE!!! I am not sure what i need to do to get it fixed, but does anyone have any ideas?

Side note- the computer was upgraded to windows 2000 from a 95-

any suggestions?

thanks a BUNCH!

A:Help With Windows Task Manager?

glorymomof3 said:

My Windows Task Manager will come up but it does not show all of the tabs. It only shows the processes tab and nothing else. I know there has to be something wrong with my computer, but even through my numerous times running antivirus it still wont show up.

Now here is the other thing- when i go and turn my cpu off, it makes a croakinglike a frog- NO LIE!!! I am not sure what i need to do to get it fixed, but does anyone have any ideas?

Side note- the computer was upgraded to windows 2000 from a 95-

any suggestions?

thanks a BUNCH!Click to expand...

Not sure about the frog, but task manager can be set to show no tabs by double clicking the grey area beneath the border.

Be seeing you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-windows-task-manager.64277/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a question concerning my Windows Task Manager. When my computer is sitting idle, the CPU usage stays at around 10%. When I move the mouse around it goes up to about 20%, and when I open any type of program or even click the start menu, it spikes to 99-100%. What could be causing it do this??

Relevancy 57.19%

Hello, I have a process (bwgo0083dd04.exe) that starts with windows. I dont know what this is and, the process chnges every startup! bwgo000 etc etc. Does anyone know what this is?

Welcome.. Looks like malware to me.Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):NOTE: Before saving MBAM please rename it to zztoy.exe....now save it to your desktop.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/235267/windows-task-manager/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello I am new member and as most new members very frustrated with this piece of plastic sitting beside me call a PC And as my background I am embarassed to say I am a CNE for Novell networking and a level MSE And as you read on you will see why I am embarassed My wife just paid a computer shop to clean it up and the PC came home got hook to the internet and within a week it quot Windows Protection Suite quot hit it Once it got Manager Windows Task on the computer it disabled or re-wrote Windows Task Manager task manager or Anyway it does not work Windows Task Manager now What can I do to get task manager working again To fully remove quot Windows Protection Suite quot I need to stop some processes running and without task manager I can t do it I have edited the registry all I can I have tried all the different ways to launch task manager no good I have built the different files suggested to restart taskmanager no good So how do I get my taskmanager working again I don t want to have to reinstall Windows if I can help it Thanks Larry

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/253438/windows-task-manager/
Relevancy 57.19%

Please help with the following issue. Windows XP operating system, in task manager a new process has installed itself. The file is 1080834558:29791167.exe. I have tried to stop the process without success. I searched for and found the file in C:\windows. Deleted the file and it keeps appearing. The file I found did not have the :29791167 as part of the name. Shortly before this process appeared my AVG Free anti virus stopped working. At this point I cannot reload AVG. Can anyone help me with this issue?

Kona jeff

A:windows xp, task manager

Please post in the Am I Infected forum.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/419901/windows-xp-task-manager/
Relevancy 57.19%

hi, i was wonderin... and again determined to increase my game performance. I noticed in my windows desktop manager in my networking tab i have 2 local area connections. 1 says 100 mbps and the other only 12 mbps. For the "state" it says both are operational. what is this ? Im trying to see if i can get a better connection for my ping and or fps in my game. Or even to see if i have a good connection?

A:windows task manager help

If you go to Control Panel > Network Connections, what do you see?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-task-manager-help-123036.html
Relevancy 57.19%

These are running in my windows task manager.Can anyone tell me what they are? wuauclt.exe , mwsoemon.exe , kbd.exe

A:Windows Task Manager (help)

wuauclt.exe AutoUpdate for WindowsME
KBD.EXE Multimedia keyboard manager
mwsoemon.exe is a spyware program

First of all download the following programmes: Spybot & Adaware

Update both of them first, then run both programmes and have them fix anything they find.

When you have run and fixed everything with Spybot Search and Destroy and AdAware, please reboot before scanning, as not everything can be removed when Windows is running

Go to this page, and download 'Hijack This!'.

Unzip it, launch Hijack This, then press Scan, and press Save Log

This will generate a text file that will list all running processes, all applications that are loaded automatically when you start Windows, and more.

open that file
Go to Edit | Select all
Now click Edit | copy to copy it

Do not change anything just yet
Come back to the forum, Right Click and paste its contents here

Someone will come along and have a look at it, and advise you what still needs to be removed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-task-manager-help.212392/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi

My colleague has Windows XP Professional installed and an AMD Athlon Processor.

When he opens Task Manager the CPU Usage always shows 100% even with no applications running.

The PC runs perfectly and performs all tasks reqired without any problem.

Any ideas on what the cause of this might be?

Try running a spyware and virus scan. You can use trend micros online scan and also download spybot. See if it finds anything.

http://www.download.com/Spybot-Searc...ml?tag=lst-0-1

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-task-manager-88942.html
Relevancy 57.19%

This started today(i think).

I had task manager opened but when I opened some applications they did not show up on the task manager (task manager did not refresh itself) I had to close and restart task manager to update it.

A:windows task manager help

Are you referring to the entries under the APPLICATIONS tab or the PROCESSES tab?

Don't forget to hit the box at the bottom of the Processes tab that says "Show processes from all users".

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-task-manager-help-423276.html
Relevancy 57.19%

OS:Windows XP Professional (Build 2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519 SP2)User names aren't listing in my task manager, also I'd like to mention sometimes my windows settings aren't being saved as a side affect to this.Picture:http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/2259/error9wn.jpgThe only possible explanations I can come up with is that the CD emulating application "PowerISO" is causing this, or that one of my group policy/services tweaks might have.If any other information is needed, ask away.

I fixed it myself, instructions here:http://www.winxptutor.com/tmuserblank.htm

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/51572/windows-task-manager/
Relevancy 57.19%

My Windows Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Delete) won't open...I hold Ctrl+Alt+Delete, the task manager pops up for a second then disapears....is there a registry tweak for this?

Maybe this will help.
http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/163/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-task-manager.353296/
Relevancy 57.19%

i press Ctrl Alt Delete ,,,, n i tried Ctrl Shift Esc .. n i even right clicked on my taskbar n clicked task manager , but my windows task manager still doesnt show up ,,, at all ,,,
can any1 help me with this problem

Relevancy 57.19%

Hello everyone,

a quick question..

I just got a new laptop with an i7-4700mq in it.. so for anyone else with 4th gen Intels.. what does your task manager performance tab show? Mine shows the processor at 1% usage, but the speed up at 3.2 GHz which is turbo boost speed I think.. see my attached picture for what I mean. I just remember my previous laptop (i7-740qm) would show it throttling right down to less than 1GHz when nothing was happening.
I have the latest drivers.

Cheers

A:Windows 8 task manager and 4th gen i7

What do you have for Power Options Minimum processor state in the power plan you are using? On default of 5% I got it throttled back, changed to 100% and didn't. I have old i7 620M though.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/32041-windows-8-task-manager-4th-gen-i7.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a PC that runs 2000Prof and I was ridden with trojans and viruses that I have finally gotten rid of, unfortunately now when I try to open Windows Task Manager through CRTL-ALT-DEL and click on the task manager, it pops up, but then the window disappears before I can even look at it and it closes itself out. I'm afraid that in all the cleaning and removing that something was accidentally deleted.

Everytime I think I'm beginning to really understand, something else happens, let me know what info you need and I'll get it to you... thanks in advance to everyone for their help

Relevancy 57.19%

This is the screeshot of my windows task manager at the startup without running any other application.

Please have a look and tell me which services are starting unnecessary in my system and how to remove them to free up some RAM.

I dunno what Wrapper.exe and DCPFLICS.exe is; you might want to do some searching on that if you don't already know. Make sure you put quotes around the search so it will search for .exe in the right way.

smss.exe is unnecessary; do a yahoo search to find out how to remove it (it's still only 344K though)

I'm not so sure about java.exe, I think you can turn that off. ; I think it will launch automatically whenever your computer needs to work some java programs, though it will take a little longer because it isn't already opened. Nonetheless, comparatively speaking, it's a heavy eater (18 megs of ram according to that screenshot); plus how often do you need to use the full fledged java machine. IMO not very often, so that little extra loading time is worth freeing up the RAM.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-task-manager.238837/
Relevancy 57.19%

I use windows xp. I often notice that my hard drive, well I think it's my hard drive, is whirring away and my computer slows down. When I open task manager it ofter says that my CPU usage is very high, fluctuating from say 20% upto 100% per cent when I have no applications/programs open. When I open Processes in Windows Task Manager, what seems to using up a lot of Mem. Usage is svchost.exe SYSTEM, ybrowser.exe, explorer.exe and avgrsx.exe.

Can anyone explain what is happening and how to cure, thanks

A:windows task manager

Check your anti-virus scan schedule. That may be running.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-task-manager.717297/
Relevancy 57.19%

I know this is probably a very elementary question but with the windows task manager, if you click on "proccesses" go to a program running and right-click you get a drop-down menu that reads: end process, end process tree, "debug"(grayed) and set priority. My question has to do with the debug part. Is this discontinued? Is there some way of using it and particularly what exactly does it do?

Welcome to Bleeping Computer magistre The Task Manager provides information about programs and processes running on your computer. Have a read in this M$ Overview about the Task Manager.Here is an article on How to use the Windows Task Manager.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/62435/windows-task-manager/
Relevancy 57.19%

Many times I have opened the task manager to shut down whatever application happens to be tripping my trigger at the time. I've noticed that there are what appears to be WAY too many applications running under the processes tab. I'm sure that several of them are necessary, but how can you tell what is or is not necessary? Would it be safe to assume that the ones that have the word "SYSTEM" by them are, and the ones with my computer name by them are not necessary for XP to function? Can some or most of the ones with my name next to them be prevented from loading when I boot up? I'm figurin' why run the unnecessary apps when I could be using all those extra gozillion Mbs for Photoshop...

Relevancy 57.19%

Dear Computer whiz kids,I am operating Windows XP Professional. While using the Task Manager I clicked on Processes and was advised that there are 27 processes running at that time. Most, almost all, were System, but there were also some Network Service and Local Service and also User processes. It also adviced that CPU usage was 100%.I had no programs running at that time.Do I need all these processes running?Is this slowing down my computer?If so how do I know whch I can close down?Any assistance or guidance in this are would be appreciated.Many ThanksConstantine(Moderator edit: removed Email address to protect member from spambots.jgweed)

A:Windows XP Task manager

You can find information about start up programmes in the BC startup database (click on "startup programs" at the top of the page); here is listed almost all programs, with advice about whether they are needed, optional, or should be deleted.If you have Spybot on your hard drive, changing to "advanced mode" will enable many useful tools. One of these is System Startup; the information provided there makes it somewhat easier to figure out what each application does or provide a little more detail for further research, and allows you to manage what loads on boot.Many applications will want to run in the background after you boot up your computer; this makes lauching them very quick (since they are there "waiting for you"). The downside to this convenience is that each adds a little to the boot time, and each needs a small amount of processing resources to run in the background.Regards,John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/29491/windows-xp-task-manager/
Relevancy 57.19%

my system has been running slow for the last month,when viewing my my task manager theres 400mb running even when i have nothing open except kaspersky 6.0 and ewido anti spy.however in my task manager i have 5 svchost.exe 1 is nearly using 40000k running is this normal?my system is 512 ram 1.86ghz so it should not be freezing and(not responding) as often as it does any help would be appreciated
p.s my msconfig has only kaspersky and ewido starting up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-task-manager.483439/
Relevancy 57.19%

I used to have tabs on my Task Manager when I opened it, like I could go to processes and all that cool stuff. But now, I don't have any tabs, and I want to go to processes to close something. Anyway I can get tabs back? Please help, here is a screenshot I took of the Task Manager.
Picture: http://i44.tinypic.com/rku2cg.jpg

It's really small you might want to zoom in (CTRL and +)

A:Need HELP with Windows 7 task manager!

Double click the empty space like where the services button would be. It is in Tiny Footprint mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-windows-7-task-manager.1034428/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello...this is my first post here. I found and used some great advice about another problem, so I decided to join up!

Here is my problem...I am used to using Win 98 and when I am going to load a game I open the task manager and close everything except the following:

iexplorer
systray

By doing that...the games appear to operate better. Now I am using Win XP and when I bring up the task manager there are tons of things going on under the processes tab. Which ones do I need while playing a game like Half-Life 2? I want to get the most out of my system and any little bit would help!

Thank you!
-Jonathan-

Hello and Welcome to TSF

Familiarizing yourself with the processes running on your system is the first step to reconizing what you can stop.
You can go to Google and search the internet for the .exe. Always make sure you know what is running before you stop a process.
I hope this helped.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-task-manager-38349.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi,
This is my first post, so hopefully I am following proper guidelines!

I have a Sony Vaio, that is about 5 years old, with many quirks.
I am wondering if I have unnecessary Processes running that aren't needed

I can't seem to copy and paste them, so here are some high Mem usage ones:

50 processes running/ CPU usage between 1%-10%

Firefox.exe
System
TeaTimer.exe 91,736k
svchost.exe
*explorer.exe
iexplorer.exe 19,832k
iexplore.exe
hpqste08.exe
Evteng.exe
QBCFMonitorservice
S24EvMonitorservice 10,980k

*My IE is currently working on my laptop, doesn't open.

What happens if I just end some processes?

Thank your for your time!

Attached is the Hijack This! File I just scanned, assuming it is relevant to this topic.

Thanks very much!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/373512/windows-task-manager/
Relevancy 57.19%

I am running Windows XP. I have a problem with Windwos Task Manager freezing up at times. If I open task manager and select "Switch To" then I am able to use the program that it stopped on. Then when I am finished with the program I am working with, I need to select task manager again to close the screen that opened when I used "Switch To".

What steps do I need to take in order for correct this problem. It happens quite often and is frustrating.

Thank you for any suggestions you may be able to provide.

Gary

[email protected]

*remove your e-add, or else you'll get loads of spamS"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-task-manager.414108/
Relevancy 57.19%

I suspect some malware tied it up or my Sunbelt Vipre deep scan may have something to do with its disappearance.

Others with the same problem find a fix?

Try the fix at Kelly's Korner. Enable the Task Manager - #51 on the right.Right click on it and save the .reg file to your desktop. Then, double click on the file icon (on your desktop) to merge it into your registry. You may need to reboot your computer for the changes to take affect.With any fix like this you should create a new restore point and backup the registry first. For backing up the registry I like to use ERUNT.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/286777/windows-task-manager/
Relevancy 57.19%

My grandson installed a new CD burner for me yesterday. During this process he brought up Windows Task Manger by using Cntrl+Alt+Delete. This was new to me. Anyway there are lots of *****.exe files on there - they're all .exe files. Mike said I probably don't need all of them.

So I have been putting the individual file names in the google bar to see what they are about. I have got about 1/2 way through and so far I need most of them.

Because this is new to me I would welcome any thoughts on this.

Thanks, Joan

Ok I say only keep the ones you need. This will not make them stop. Where are you removing them from? Services or startup? As of startup just get as few as you need. Your pc will start up faster this way.

And you will then just have to manually open them if there not set to run on startup.

Welcome to BC!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/8066/windows-task-manager/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi there,
I am on a Dell Inspiron 6000 and lately it has been hanging. Is there a way to copy my windows task manager processes on here so that I can have someone analyze it for me? Or should I be looking else where? I have had this laptop for two years now and haven't done any repairs other than I did a format a while back. I wonder if I have something wrong. Maybe I should just take it in to a computer tech to have it over hauled. Although I see that the prices of laptops seem to be reasonable, I might just as well buy a new one? Any ideas people? Peace, Colleen

Hi Colleenconnie- Welcome to TSG!

One thing I can do for you quickly is to look at an Hijackthis log, which shows us what is running/starting up with Windows....and it also can point out anything that should not be there... we do this routinely to check for bad software, malware, and other issues.

so I advise this:

Hijackthis:
go to Click here to download HJTsetup.exe
Click the blue "Download the Hijackthis Installer" link
Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
Double click on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Additional Tasks dialogue.
Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then save the log and then the log will open in Notepad.
Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

Please also do this:

Open Hijack This and click on the "Open the Misc Tools section" button.
Click on the "Open Uninstall Manager" button.
Click the "Save List" button. After you click the "Save List" button, you will be asked where to save the file. Pick a place to save it then the list should open in notepad.
Copy and paste that list here in your reply

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-task-manager.670160/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi. I'm currently running Windows 7 (not that I think it makes much of a difference with the task manager). I was wondering-the task manager shows what amount of memory a process is using-but what is it measuring in? What exactly is a "K"?

Relevancy 57.19%

I am new to Windows XP. When I had Windows ME, I only had one thing running under task manager, and that was explorer. My computer ran really quick. Under Task Manager for XP, under Processes, there is quite a bit running. I have everything unchecked under msconfig start up. What all do I need to have running under task manager and where do I go to get rid of these programs running under processes? Thanks for any help...

Relevancy 57.19%

My computer has been acting totally off key lately Internet explorer has been freezing all the with help task manager windows time shutting down even when im not online and just browsing my own computer Aol shuts down every few minutes My computer also freezes up and the help with windows task manager cpu goes to usage when im just playing solitare heres my hijackthis file thanks for the help hope this helps Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C WINDOWS System DRIVERS CDANTSRV EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Media Access MediaAccK exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe C windows system ksvhqw exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exe C Program Files Media Access MediaAccess exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C windows system packager exe C WINDOWS system sol exe C Program Files America Online a waol exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files America Online a shellmon exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files Common Files Aol aoltpspd exe C highjackthis HijackThis help with windows task manager exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft help with windows task manager Internet Explorer Main Search Page http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default websearch drsnsrch com q cgi q O - BHO BTGrabObj Class - -F C- B - EC -AD - C WINDOWS BTGrab dll O - BHO F Organizer Class - EF - - - C - AA A DA - C WINDOWS System ATPART DLL file missing O - BHO Band Class - F A A- C - -A - E DC AB E - C WINDOWS systb dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO IExplorr clsIS - AF DD-EAFC- EA-A C- B E CC - c windows iexplorr dll O - BHO IExplorr clsIS - CEBBC B- CEE- - CF- BAE F - c windows iexplorr dll O - BHO IExplorr clsIS - B DABB- B C- FA-B B - BAFF - c windows iexplorr dll O - BHO IExplorr clsIS - BC D - DE - A F- BC-B A E DE A - c windows iexplorr dll O - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - D A-C B- -B B-B B E D C - C Program Files AOL Toolbar toolbar dll O - Toolbar no name - CDE A D-A - -BF -E B C F EB - no file O - HKLM Run Win Server Updt C WINDOWS wupdt exe O - HKLM Run Error Nuker C Program Files Error Nuker bin ErrorNuker exe autostart O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installquiet O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run AVG EMC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run satmat C WINDOWS satmat exe O - HKLM Run HP Component Manager quot C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update quot C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe quot O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKL... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-windows-task-manager.356848/
Relevancy 57.19%

This is what my task manager says are the processes on my computer.... why so many & how do I get rid of ones I do not need? I alrady ran HJT & posted it.... cyro helped me as best he could, but too no avail because I don't have Windows CD... but just wondering if I can get rid of some stuff.... Thanks ya'll....

AcroTray.exe
alg.exe
CCAPP.EXE
CCEVTMGR.EXE
CCPROXY.EXE
CCSETMGR.EXE
crss.exe
ctfmon.exe
drwtsn32.exe
drwtsn32.exe (again)
explorer.exe
iexplore.exe
iTouch.exe
LEXBCES.EXE
LEXPPS.EXE
lsass.exe
lxbmbmgr.exe
lxbmbmon.exe
mdm.exe
MsPMSPSv.exe
NAVAPSC.EXE
SAVScan.exe
services.exe
smss.exe
SNDSrvc.exe
spoolsv.exe
SpySub.exe
sqlmangr.exe
svchost.exe

symlcsvc.exe
symwsc.exe
System
System Idle Process
taskmgr.exe
winlogon.exe
wmplayer.exe

You can check out this site ->Answers that workAll the programs are in alphabetical order, and they will tell you what each one of them does, and if it is safe to delete.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/5906/windows-task-manager/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi all!

My friend has XP Home, and when bringing up Windows Task Manager the upper control portion of it is missing. How do I get it to return?

Lance

Relevancy 57.19%

Hello,
Something rather strange has happened to my computer. When I go to windows task manager only the square that tells me what is
running comes up. The title bar doesn't show. This means I cannot close the task manager when I have pulled it up onto the screen. The only
way I can get rid of it is to reboot. I have now disabled the task manager in the registry but its a programme I use quite a bit. Can anyone
advance any cures or theories why this has happened??

Open the Task Manager, and double-click anywhere along the border.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/106356/windows-task-manager/
Relevancy 57.19%

HI. My laptop is using up to 80% CPU usage even if I'm just browsing the net. There are some processes that I want to stop running but I'm kinda hesitant 'coz it might affect some the application. Can you suggest some of the those process thats running behind that I can stop?

Thanks.

Hello and welcome to TSF

What are the names of the proccess that are using the most CPU and memory usage.

Also what version of IE is it?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-task-manager-203714.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to hide something from the windows task manager without ending it's process. Or is there a way i can keep task manager from popping up when ctrl alt delete is pressed. Please help.

A:Windows Task Manager help

Here ya go ...happy tweaking

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-task-manager-help.138181/
Relevancy 57.19%

hello there, i think i may have a serious problem. When i get up Windows Task Manager and click on the tab that says 'Users' there is something in there called 'Visitors', should it be in there? Please help!

What OS? I dont have a users tab in the task manager

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/8755/windows-task-manager/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi all,

Running XP pro, Pentium Dual CPU E2180@2.00GHz and 2 GB ram.

My "active" light on the front is nearly always flashing on and off and in the "Task Manager" there are 53 Processes running.

Are they all necessary and if some were turned off, would my machine behave a little better?

Regards

We will need more information, what do you have installed, and can you post a screenshot of your task manager?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/309407/windows-task-manager/
Relevancy 57.19%

Just recently I've noticed that when I start Task Manager I get just a single window with running processes I used to XP Windows Task Manager get a couple of tabs on the top that I don't get anymore to select other displays Used to be able to see a real time graph of computer usage that is not there anymore Used to get a close box X in upper right corner that's not there anymore In trying all sorts of things to try to get back where I used to be looked at Windows help which tells me to click on Windows Task Manager Help but there are no buttons at all along the top A cryptic note however says quot You may Windows XP Task Manager need to have a computer administrator account to perform some tasks quot I can't remember how to access that area about Administrator privileges to check so not sure if something got changed there Anyone have any ideas how I can get my full use of Task Manager back The lack of it is not hampering the use of my computer but would like to correct it C B

Hi....

Try double clicking somehwere on the border of the Task Manager

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-task-manager-100359.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello anyone who is willing to help a novice.

when the task manager window/dialog box comes up there is a button called new task when this is clicked on another window/dialog box appears called create new task.

This "create new task" window has a type in slot and also an arrow used as a drop down, when this arrow is clicked on about 20 applications/ website htmls appear.

Question:

I wish to permanently delete the websites/applications can this be done and if yes how do the deletions.

Very frustrated and sure would be thankful for any help.

Thanks,
Talagi

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/547829/windows-7-task-manager/
Relevancy 57.19%

Every so often i will check my Task manager to see what is running there and to see if anything new is there, I found a new program running it is called smul.exe . I have done a search for it on the net but I cannot find it.

Can anyone tell me what this is and is it save to remove it.

Go to control panel / administrative tools / services and look for the program there and if not found then go to start / run and msconfig then startup tab.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-task-manager.173096/
Relevancy 57.19%

am showing a lot of times cpu usage is 100%.......my machine is locking up and i type and have to wait until cpu usage decreases before i can see what i typed.
the file that seems to cause the problem is iexplore.exe.i don't touch anything on the machine and yet this file cpu usage flicks back and forth between 2 - 95%.
it almost feels as if someone else is using the machine.
what do i do?

HELP!!!!!!

herb

Relevancy 57.19%

For some reason Task Manager doesent recognize me a logged on user. When I view running proccess the username fiels is blank and there is nothing in the users tab.

I have logged off and logged on again with my usual user profile but still it doesnt recognize me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-task-manager.187918/
Relevancy 56.76%

I am sorry in advance if I am posting something that has already been resolved but I with installer hanging Problem cant seem to find anyone on here who has had a problem similar enough to mine for a proper solution to my problem For starters My sys specs are as follows psu watt coolmax mainboard xfx nvidia nforce i sli processor intel q Problem with installer hanging ghz fsb mb cache ram x g OCZ platimum ddr hdd hittachi tb drive sata deskstar gpu x evga geforce gt mb optical drive lg super multi dvd rw drive I was having an issue with startup after an unknown window update install unkown as in its my wifes rig and I was told second hand by her that it was after a windows update install I attempted startup repair multiple times with no real outcome until i swapped over my main os hdd and was then able to run startup repair on her hdd From that point on I was able to run win from either drive rather succesfully until the next day I receieved a text message from the wife while I was at work stating windows updated again and startup was not possible thus again i have no idea what update it was since that point I Problem with installer hanging have been unable to even run startup repair on her hdd even with the previous fix of using my hdd to do so I know using my HDD doesn't make a whole lot of sense but I was desperate for a solution at the time I finnally gave up with trying to repair the installation booted into using my hdd and backed up her essential files I then attempted to boot the win installer from dvd I was not able to boot to dvd from the installed drive I then swapped out Problem with installer hanging her sata dvd drive for my ide drive I was still unable to boot into dvd I then decided to just wipe the hdd altogether and start from scratch DBAN booted just fine from the ide drive but would not load from the sata drive After a quick wipe well tb drive so ill let you all be the judge of quick there lol I then shut the rig down and removed my hdd and her sata optical drive and attempted to load into the installer The dvd begins to load into the installer but hangs everytime at the loading windows screen I have tried multiple reconfigurations of hardware to resolve this issue inculding but not limited to video cards in out of sli i do not have onboard graphics otherwise i would have tried that sata optical drive and ide optical drive ps mouse and keyboard v usb i swapped my mem out for hers x gb sli ready ocz ddr mem tried every combination of mem dimms immaginable to gigs and all variations in between tried removing her hdd and installed mine and still the installer hangs at starting windows while i had my hdd installed i booted to windows to test hardware stability and ran pcmark burn in to test stability ran tests for mins without any glitches or hardware failures so any guidance and help would be much appreciated this problem has had me stumped for about weeks now and it is just unimaginably frustrating thanks in advance for the help guys

A:Problem with installer hanging

In the future, so you know: to recover from Updates as apparent cause of Win7 not booting, boot into System Recovery Options to System Restore to before the Update. Also to change Win7 to new hardware you need to Sysprep it's HD first, or run Paragon Adaptive Restore CD after moving the HD but before trying to start it. Memory also cannot be swapped between machines unless it exactly matches spec's.

Unplug all peripherals and all other HD's except the target HD plugged into SATA1.

Reset the CMOS: Clear CMOS - 3 Ways to Clear the CMOS - Reset BIOS

While in BIOS setup, set SATA controller to AHCI to try install. If this fails, try IDE mode.

You may have a problem with installer. If retail, clean the disk with soft cloth using outward motion. If you downloaded and burned the DVD yourself, confirm ISO integrity and burn another using ImgBurn at 4x speed.

Next write the confirmed ISO (or extracted from DVD with ImgBurn) to flash stick using this tool with Win7 in the drop-down: Universal USB Installer – Easy as 1 2 3 | USB Pen Drive. Boot under USB or HD's.

Test your RAM with memtest86 CD for 5-6 passes or overnight: RAM - Test with Memtest86+ then test your HD using maker's diagnostics/repair CD extended scan: Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp

There are other steps to try after reporting back what happens with those given. Or you can install in your other machine, SysPrep the HD to remove all drivers to move to problem machine, or run Paragon Adaptive Restore on the moved HD before starting. SysPrep to move HD to another computer

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/164966-problem-installer-hanging.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have been trying to install Java on my Windows Vista 64-bit system, but every time I download the latest version and run the install, it hangs during the installation. Any suggestions on what I can try? I tried disabling my anti-virus protection before installing, but that did not fix it.

Thanks!

A:Java Installer keeps hanging

Are you getting it here: java.com: Java + You
If you already have an old version, open Java in the Control Panel and update from there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/java-installer-keeps-hanging-1064538.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Whenever I bring up the Windows Task Manager (by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del), I find that there are way TOO many processes running. My computer is brand spanking new and it is already freezing to the point that nothing functions and I have to power if off manually. I don't like doing that, I think I'm damaging it further. I am attaching 3 screenshots of the Task Manager, yeah that's how many processes are open. Could anyone please have a look at it and tell me which of the processes are unnecessary, what they are and how can I prevent them from starting up whenever I switch on my computer. I am new to windows 8 and do not want to damage anything.

Thanks for all of your help in advance!
B

Relevancy 56.33%

Hi,
thanks for reading.
I recently acquired a Gateway p4 desktop computer running Windows xp.
I made the mistake of connecting to the internet with an out-of-date version of norton.
I've since updated norton, but now i'm getting pop-ups about windows security center telling me to run a complete scan. any time i open an IE window it defaults to the same pop-up message. I tried to get to task manager and the option isn't there.

I'm new to this site, and fairly 'uneducated' about these types of problems.
having read a bunch of threads already on this site, i'm assuming i need to run highjackthis and post the results ???

and them something about combofix and posting results ???

i'm not sure what to do, but this is infuriatingly retarding me finishing my PhD and i'm about to lose it.

any help would be much much much greatly appreciated !!!

thanks,
-trout

A:HELP PLEASE (can't access windows task manager) pop-ups, etc...

here is the file generated by HJT

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.0 (BETA)
Scan saved at 7:37:40 PM, on 10/2/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\acs.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\AluSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nusrmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Belkin\PCI F5D7000\Wireless Utility\Belkinwcui.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winmine.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\GATEWAY P4-1500\Desktop\HiJackThis_v2.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = about:blank
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {00000000-d9e3-4bc6-a0bd-3d0ca4be5271} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {00000012-890e-4aac-afd9-eff6954a34dd} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {029e02f0-a0e5-4b19-b958-7bf2db29fb13} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06dfedaa-6196-11d5-bfc8-00508b4a487d} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {12F02779-6D88-4958-8AD3-83C12D86ADC7} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {1adbcce8-cf84-441e-9b38-afc7a19c06a4} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {2d7cb618-cc1c-4126-a7e3-f5b12d3bcf71} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {51641ef3-8a7a-4d84-8659-b0911e947cc8} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53C330D6-A4AB-419B-B45D-FD4411C1FEF4} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {54645654-2225-4455-44A1-9F4543D34546} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: NCO 2.0 IE BHO - {602ADB0E-4AFF-4217-8AA1-95DAC4DFA408} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\2.0\coIEPlg.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {669695bc-a811-4a9d-8cdf-ba8c795f261e} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {6abc861a-31e7-4d91-b43b-d3c98f22a5c0} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Symantec Intrusion Prevention - {6D53EC84-6AAE-4787-AEEE-F4628F01010C} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\IDS\IPSBHO.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {944864a5-3916-46e2-96a9-a2e84f3f1208} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {a4a435cf-3583-11d4-91bd-0048546a1450} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {b8875bfe-b021-11d4-bfa8-00508b8e9bd3} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {bb936323-19fa-4521-ba29-eca6a121bc78} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {c2680e10-1655-4a0e-87f8-4259325a84b7} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {c4ca6559-2cf1-48b6-96b2-8340a06fd129} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {c5af2622-8c75-4dfb-9693-23ab7686a456} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {ca1d1b05-9c66-11d5-a009-000103c1e50b} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: oembios32.msdn_hlp - {D79E1D43-C805-40EF-8ACB-DFFB17E9A4AF} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\oembios32.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {d8efadf1-9009-11d6-8c73-608c5dc19089} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {e9147a0a-a866-4214-b47c-da821891240f} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {e9306072-417e-43e3-81d5-369490beef7c} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: Show Norton Toolbar - {7FEBEFE3-6B19-4349-98D2-FFB09D4B49CA} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\2.0\CoIEPlg.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [osCheck] "C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\osCheck.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaU... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-please-cant-access-windows-task-manager-pop-ups-etc.632499/
Relevancy 56.33%

I am wanting to know if my Task Manager looks normal and nothing is corrupting my system. I have Windows XP.

The main concern I have is Firefox sometimes redirecting to a random site after I try to search something in Google. It only happens once in a while and really can't pinpoint a consistent site that it sends me too..its weird and annoying.

I thought maybe the Task Manager might show something that I can't see.
Thanks and I will take any suggestions. I hope the image is clear enough.
Thank You

A:Does my Windows Task Manager look normal?

Your Image is too small to read. Redirecting is a sign of infection. Please click on the link in my signature for Virus Help. Do those steps and post in that section of the forum for more help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/does-my-windows-task-manager-look-normal-634067.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Alright Ive got a very annoying problem with windows task manager basically whenever i start it the whole top bar of it is gone with all the options like
minimize maximize exit ect..
witch is not really a problem because i can exit it from task bar but the main problem is that the processes tab and other such is gone and that gets very annoying because my Firefox browser likes to mess up alot and the only way to fix it is to end the process

so anyway to fix this? or is there some way to reinstall it

A:Problem with windows task manager

Hello TheGamerfreak, and welcome to Seven Forums.

It sounds like you may be in small footprint mode in Task Manager. Double clicking on the border like in the tutorial below should return you back to normal.

Task Manager - Small Footprint Mode - Vista Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/141483-problem-windows-task-manager.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Running Win XP Prof. SATA HDD 6 Gig Mem. Velocity custom Computer When I open task Manager there is a IMAGE NAME SYSTEM and it's Mem Usage IS VERY LARGE and my CPU Usage Almost always is sitting at 100%.
I checked on my laptop which is running the same and A LOT of the same programs due to using it for the same stuff on the go. In task manager it stay's at about an Mem Usage of 274. My desktop Mem Usage for the SYSTEM is always well above 100,000 .
Something just isn't adding up? Have done Malyware, AVG, Defrag, Ect still SLOW and the same. Any thought ?

A:SYSTEM in Windows TASK MANAGER

Download Process Explorer: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb896653.aspxUnzip ProcessExplorer.zip, and double click on procexp.exe to run the program.Click on View > Select Colunms.In addition to already pre-selected options, make sure, the Command Line is selected, and press OK.Go File>Save As, and save the report as Procexp.txt.Attach the file to your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/328291/system-in-windows-task-manager/