Windows Support Forum

Closing IE and another site trying to open

Q: Closing IE and another site trying to open

When I close IE, another window pops up and tries to send me to another site.....this site is listed below.
Being very careful, I have never allowed this site to open fully, so I don't know if it will or will not open.

I just recently went through a virus cleanup that I got by opening a link in MSN Messenger.

On start up, I would get the message about not finding logon.exe and managed to get that issue resolved thanks to this forum.

Now I would like to eliminate this redirection to the below site after closing any IE page.

I am about a 3, on a 1 to 10 scale of computer savvy so go easy on me please!!!

Running XP pro, IE 7.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Closing IE and another site trying to open

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Closing IE and another site trying to open

Hello and welcome please run these next. I feel we can fix this quickly.If you have Spybot installed temporarily disable it.Next run ATF:Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune & save it to your desktop.Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.Click the Empty Selected button.If you use Firefox browser click Firefox at the top and choose: Select AllClick the Empty Selected button.
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.If you use Opera browser click Opera at the top and choose: Select AllClick the Empty Selected button.
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):NOTE: Before saving MBAM please rename it to zztoy.exe....now save it to your desktop.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/252093/closing-ie-and-another-site-trying-to-open/
Relevancy 55.04%

Dear Friend I am Anil from India I have recently joined the forum after struggling for a week to stablise my unstable PC I used to have some Anti Virus software on my pc before few years But window beginning Not other able microsoft update, site, https:// anti0virus with any open website to site, since last few years I was not having any AV software as this PC was not being used for surfing etc Since I started to use it again for surfing downloading etc I wanted to instal avast AV software I installed it from some recent installer file with me But when it tried to Not able to open anti0virus site, microsoft site, window update, any other website beginning with https:// update the virus database I got the message that quot can't connect to server quot Then I tried to open avast com But I again got the error message quot The page cannot be displayed quot Then I Not able to open anti0virus site, microsoft site, window update, any other website beginning with https:// uninstalled the avast and tried to open other antivirus sites like Not able to open anti0virus site, microsoft site, window update, any other website beginning with https:// norton mcafee avg etc but all failed Then I tried to update my system using automatoc update utility But again failed microsoft com also failed to open I use GPRS connection through cellular connection to browse the network Now I have downloaded and installed Hijack This Log file generated by it as follows Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Application Launcher Application Launcher exe C Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared Generic exe C Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Mobile Phone Monitor epmworker exe C WINDOWS system drwtsn exe C WINDOWS system drwtsn exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system drwtsn exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - HKLM Run Sony Ericsson PC Suite quot C Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Application Launcher Application Launcher exe quot startoptions O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe auto O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip A A B -E AE- -A - AB E F CA NameServer -- End of file - bytes PLz help me out Thanks in advance Anil

A:Not able to open anti0virus site, microsoft site, window update, any other website beginning with https://

Please make sure you disable ALL of your Antivirus/Antispyware/Firewall before running ComboFix.. Please visit HERE if you don't know how.. Please re-enable them back after performing all steps given..Please download ComboFix by sUBs from one of the locations below, and save it to your Desktop.Link 1Link 2Link 3Double click combofix.exe and follow the prompts. Please, never rename Combofix unless instructed.If ComboFix asked you to install Recovery Console, please do so.. It will be your best interest..When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log and a fresh HijackThis log in your next reply..Note: DON'T do anything with your computer while ComboFix is running.. Let ComboFix finishes its job..

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/222712/not-able-to-open-anti0virus-site-microsoft-site-window-update-any-other-website-beginning-with-https/
Relevancy 55.04%

I may not have this under the correct section and please keep in mind that I am not a programmer but here goes I am trying to add a hyperlink in Outlook signature file then a child open site to syntax site and Hyperlink parent that will open a child site but the child site seems to need some personalized information in the cache that comes from opening a parent site first Parent site http www mywildtree com chad Child Site http www mywildtree com shop catalog aspx When the child site is opened directly without opening parent first it loads forever The parent site does not require any authenication it just has Hyperlink syntax to open a parent site and then child site to be opened first and then the child site operates correctly Is there a simple way to have one hyperlink either Hyperlink syntax to open a parent site and then child site a open two sites one after the other in the same window or b open the childsite with a parent site dependancy tag bookmark on the hyperlink I have been on google searching all afternoon and haven't had any luck yet so any help is appreciated Thank you

A:Hyperlink syntax to open a parent site and then child site

Welcome to Seven Forums chadseeg. The Shop Now link shows as actually being http://www.mywildtree.com/shop/preshop.aspx, and this appears to redirect to http://www.mywildtree.com/shop/catalog.aspx.

Firefox blames the redirection

It looks like the script on the page is written to specifically prevent going directly to the shopping catalog without going through the home page. I'm not a webmaster, so I am unsure if this is intentional or not. A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/232947-hyperlink-syntax-open-parent-site-then-child-site.html
Relevancy 52.03%

For site google Closing links result browser, opening redirect random and the last few day I have been having these problem My browsers IE FireFox and Chrome just randomly shuts down In chrome random website open Even sometimes that my when chrome is closed Chrome is my default browser In FF when I do a google search and try clicking on a result link then some random page Closing browser, opening random site and redirect google result links is opened and not the result link Examples of the website that gets open is www bing com or hxxp www mymobilehits com ws acp sp amp t amp ce cid ib kwU J Btq Z XVy ILv Today some of my other programs have also started shutting down and just now while I m typing this my explorer exe has shut down PS When I try and run RootRepeal I get an error message and I have also uploaded the error log quot FOPS - DeviceIoControl Error Error Code xc Extended Info x c quot DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Hrudwolf at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT SP Spybot - Search and Destroy disabled Outdated ED FAF- B F- B -ACA - E C DADBE SP Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live disabled Updated DAE- F - D - - E CFFDAA Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system nvvsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSSC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exeC Windows system nvvsvc exeC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC xampp apache bin httpd exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationc xampp mysql bin mysqld exeC Program Files Photodex ProShowGold ScsiAccess exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exeC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exeC Program Files RealVNC VNC WinVNC exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWinSec exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC xampp apache bin httpd exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcsC Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows system taskhost exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashDisp exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC Program Files Winamp winampa exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Windows System rundll exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Users Hrudwolf AppData Roaming Google Google Talk googletalk exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXEC Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exeC Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice binC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exeC Windows system WUDFHost exeC Users Hrudwolf AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC eclipse eclipse exeC Program Files HeidiSQL heidisql exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Users Hrudwolf AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Hrudwolf AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Hrudwolf AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Hrudwolf AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Hrudwolf AppData Loca... Read more

A:Closing browser, opening random site and redirect google result links

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREElle

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/288941/closing-browser-opening-random-site-and-redirect-google-result-links/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have tried most of the posts on the internet to fix this problem--this is under IE -- quot Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found Please try again later quot The problem just suddenly appeared I m running is eith to able was The Explorer Internet requested site site. not open Internet this a Dell Inspiron B laptop with Win XP Home Service Pack installed gb ram and a gb HDD Had McAffee Internet Security Suite preinstalled but removed it via REVO Uninstaller and have only Windows firewall enabled and NO anti-virus I Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested site is eith did try downloading with Windows firewall disbaled and Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested site is eith still no success I can navigate to a site like Google Chrome download page but then when I click on the download button the error message appears Also can t download Microsoft or Windows updates from either site although again I can get through the quot checking quot phase I ve Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested site is eith run Malwarebytes A-Squared and IObit and removed about traces of malware ranging from low risk to high risk defragged and cleaned the reg all to no avail I originally had IE installed read about rolling back to IE and doing the typical repair sequences again to no avail Supposedly IE fixes this but I can t download it although I did try the stand-alone installer of MB without checking the quot get updates quot box It loaded and installed and shows up as IE but still had the same problems Then did a system restore back to before the IE install rolled back to IE again and the problem just won t fix I m now considering just backing up the apps and data files reformatting the HDD and reinstalling XP unless someone has a fix Here s a copy of the Hijack This scan log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exe C Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C Program Files a-squared Free a service exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files IObit IObit Security IS tray exe C Program Files NetWaiting netWaiting exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files IObit IObit Security IS srv exe C Program Files IObit IObit Security is exe C Program Files IObit IObit Security IS tray exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-explorer-was-not-able-to-open-this-internet-site-the-requested-site-is-eith.911279/
Relevancy 49.45%

Every time I try to use aim it just closes automatically Below is my HighJack This scan if it helps Also My internet explorer wont open up or it also just closes like my messenger How keeps when I closing it. AIM open can I fix this Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C PROGRA SBCSEL AIM keeps closing when I open it. SMARTB MotiveSB exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Apache Tomcat webapps Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system UTSCSI EXE C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Javasoft JRE bin javaw exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files iTunes iTunes exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin distnoted exe C Program Files Common Files AOL Loader aolload exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C DOCUME user LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk-rel amp channel us amp ibd R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus sbcydsl http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk-rel amp channel us amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt local O - BHO no name - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS System DLA DLASHX W DLL O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MI Office GRA E DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO CBrowserHelperObject Object - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - C Program Files BAE BAE dll O - BHO SidebarAutoLaunch Class - F AA - - -B C -A CCDF CBF D - C Program Files Yahoo browser YSidebarIEBHO dll file missing O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKL... Read more

Relevancy 49.02%

Everything I click opens then closes then I open it again and it closes and so on. it generally takes me forever to get anything to stay open. Their are no virus's to my knowledge and its doesn't always happen but every few minutes it will happen over and over again. I try to open my web browser it opens then closes over and over again I try and it keeps opening and closing this happens with programs the start menu etc even while playing games. I have used different mouses they all do the same thing. Please Help

Relevancy 49.02%

I am running vista ultimate x64. The 32bit version of IE7 is opening and closing instantly. The 64bit version appears to be working... So far I've tried resetting all browser settings removing all add ons.

I finally broke down and ran hijack this. Would someone take a look at my log? Just wanted to know before I post it.

Thanks in advance!

A:IE 7 - open & closing - Hijacked?

Okay here is the log.

Thansks!

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 10:09:01 AM, on 5/10/2008
Platform: Unknown Windows (WinNT 6.00.1905 SP1)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6001.18000)

Running processes:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Stardock\ObjectDock\ObjectDock.exe
C:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit.exe
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveShellExtensions.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GrooveMonitor] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun
O4 - Startup: Stardock ObjectDock.lnk = C:\Program Files (x86)\Stardock\ObjectDock\ObjectDock.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~1\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~1\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~1\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\nlaapi.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\napinsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files (x86)\bonjour\mdnsnsp.dll
O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*
O13 - Gopher Prefix:
O16 - DPF: {55963676-2F5E-4BAF-AC28-CF26AA587566} - https://216.62.89.250/CACHE/stc/1/binaries/vpnweb.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{C1ED7D36-D049-4DDE-AB2D-A4067A6BF854}: NameServer = 65.24.7.10,64.24.7.11
O18 - Protocol: grooveLocalGWS - {88FED34C-F0CA-4636-A375-3CB6248B04CD} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveSystemServices.dll
O18 - Protocol: ms-help - {314111C7-A502-11D2-BBCA-00C04F8EC294} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Help\hxds.dll
O18 - Filter hijack: text/xml - {807563E5-5146-11D5-A672-00B0D022E945} - C:\PROGRA~2\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\OFFICE12\MSOXMLMF.DLL
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\Alg.exe,-112 (ALG) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\alg.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Ati External Event Utility - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\Ati2evxx.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: @dfsrres.dll,-... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/ie-7-open-and-closing-hijacked-248243.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have Windows I am having issue with it and have uninstalled the update I thought was the issue but am still having the issue The issue is that when I open Calculator I first and to trying closing them Calculator app open photo app when noticed it with photo app because I was trying to view pictures and that was the default app I have changed that app so it does not really need to be fixed the app opens on the Calculator app and photo app closing when trying to open them screen blue with the picture of the calculator in the middle then after a few seconds the app closes I thought it was the lastest update so I uninstall the update The computer restart tried app again and same issue Is there a way to fix this Tried PowerShell did nothing I even restarted after running the PowerShell as admin right clicked and run as admin I do not really care about having the photo app working but I would like to get the calculator app to work right again

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,158898.0.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Recently, when I close out of a program there is quite a bit of delay in closing and it looks like one is pulling the blind down as it closes slowly. My CPU does not seem to be running high and I seem to have plenty of ram. I have run my ad-ware, spyware, and norton anti-virus and find no proelem. Any idea how to fix this? I have rebooted a bouple of times also.
Thanks for any help you can give.
Jim Harding

A:Open windows are closing very slowly

Perhaps no one has an idea?
Thanks for any ideas

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/open-windows-are-closing-very-slowly.588646/
Relevancy 48.59%

First off I am wondering if there is a possibility that this is a MySpace bug as opposed to an issue with IE as MySpace is the ONLY website I've been able to replicate this problem with But There seems to be an issue on my wife's Vista account where she can cause an infinite number of IE screens to open This happens when she tries to close IE while her MySpace page is being displayed I have played around with several variables here to try to narrow down the root cause as best I can Here is what I have determined - There must only be one tab If there are two or more tabs in IE the quot bug quot will not appear - This bug appears regardless of what MySpace profile is loaded tried with both my profile and hers - This bug appears ONLY on my wife's Vista account I have not been able to replicate the bug on either my own Vista account or the default Administrator account - The bug only appears when you close Internet Explorer while on MySpace If you navigate away from MySpace prior to closing no bug Initially I thought this could be a MySpace issue since it only happens while using MySpace However the fact that it happens only on my wife's Vista account tosses a monkeywrench into that theory If it was an IE issue I would think it would appear on sites other than just to Closing IE infinite causes windows open. MySpace - and I made a point of testing on sites with a variety of dynamic content to see Closing causes infinite IE windows to open. if that was a cause No luck Finally I ran the usual package of spyware malware scanners AdAware Spyblaster etc etc and came up relativley empty tracking cookies and that's about it Any situation in which you get the infinite opening windows bug error etc is always a bad thing imo but to only have it happen under what seems to be a perfect storm of conditions has got me puzzled Obviously there are a number of viable workarounds for this issue of course this also includes the traditional killing the iexplorer exe process from task manager However a problem is a problem and I would rather solve an issue than use a workaround especially if its indicitave of a bigger problem like malware etc Thanks in advance for any insight you could give -Eric

A:Closing causes infinite IE windows to open.

try resetting msie back to default. tools - internet options - advanced tab

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/closing-causes-infinite-ie-windows-to-open-288517.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi There is a Windows Server and several client PC with Windows XP OS User name and password for server and all client systems are same administrator A application a program open and closing Remotely Flight information display system fids exe used in all windows xp clients PC hangs frequently due to some problem in a program message framework mf exe in the windows server The solution for this situation is to close Remotely open and closing a program and open the 'mf exe' program in the server each time But this creates difficulty as the Remotely open and closing a program administrator has to available every time at server location My requirement Remotely open and closing a program is to make a batch file or short cut in every client machine Always operators are available to close and open the mf exe in the server machine remotely each time whenever the application hangs by the client user I have successfully closed the mf exe application using a batch file with the help of 'taskkill' command but not able to open the application I have tried psexec exe but it hangs every time Can anyone help Johnson Joseph

A:Remotely open and closing a program

See> http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ml#post4131811

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/remotely-open-and-closing-a-program-699176.html
Relevancy 48.59%

When i have a few windows open....i.e. my computer, my docs, and an internet window OR just a few internet windows....for examples....doesnt really matter what it is....but as soon as i close one of the windows....all of the others close as well...MOST OF THE TIME.....is the problem...

any suggestions?

A:Problem with open windows closing...

Do you get an error message, like explorer.exe encountered some problems.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-with-open-windows-closing-209544.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Help please i can open apps such as messenger and steam and stuff but i HELP keeps PLEASE open closing can't or itunes 3dmark can't seem to open dmark I looked at the proscesses and dmark pops up then goes away and itunes doesn't work ethier but wmp does but i need to sync my ipod D please help asap DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Admin at on HELP PLEASE can't open itunes or 3dmark keeps closing Sat Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin HELP PLEASE can't open itunes or 3dmark keeps closing AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files NETGEAR WG v WG v exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbam exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Admin Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll uRun MsnMsgr quot c program files windows live messenger msnmsgr exe quot background uRun Steam quot c program files steam Steam exe quot -silent uRun DriverUpdaterPro c program files ixi tools driver updater pro DriverUpdaterPro exe -t mRun RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE mRun Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files java jre bin jusched exe quot mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime QTTask exe quot -atboottime mRun iTunesHelper quot c program files itunes iTunesHelper exe quot mRun StartCCC quot c program files ati technologies ati ace core-static CLIStart exe quot mRun Hguxatuza rundll exe quot c windows aputilesolas dll quot e StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup netgea lnk - c program files netgear wg v WG v exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - F B - A - F - DB-E F AEC - c program files windows live writer WriterBrowserExtension dll DPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab Notify a - c windows system ipsecsnp dll Notify Antiwpa - antiwpa dll Notify AtiExtEvent - Ati evxx dll AppInit DLLs c windows system ipsecsnp dll SSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - c windows system WPDShServiceObj dll LSA Notification Packages scecli rc dll FIREFOX FF - ProfilePath - c docume admin applic mozilla firefox profiles p edj w default FF - plugin c program files k-lite codec pack real browser plugins nppl dll FF - plugin c program files k-lite codec pack real browser plugins nprpjplug dll FF - HiddenExtension XUL Cache C -D B - D- F -C DEE FE B - c documents and settings admin local settings application data c -d b - d- f -c dee fe b SERVICES DRIVERS R MBAMSwissArmy MBAMSwissArmy c windows system drivers mbamswissarmy sys - - R RTL B NETGEAR WG v Mbps Wireless USB Adapter Vista Driver c ... Read more

A:HELP PLEASE can't open itunes or 3dmark keeps closing

As you read in our:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

Quote:

* It is also this forum's policy that we only address users with a legal copy of Windows. If during the course of a fix it is determined that the copy is not legal, we must stop the cleansing process.

This thread shall now be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/help-please-cant-open-itunes-or-3dmark-keeps-closing-367711.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi All,
How can I get rid of the CD Open & Closing PRANK?
If the Prank was for a few days, it would be a nice Prank, but this is a pain nasty forever and I have not been able to Wipe it out.
Please HHHHHHHHHeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLppppppppppppppppppp!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/prank-cd-open-closing-cannot-wipe-it-out.878742/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi All First post on this forum and looking for help - something is up with my new PC When I open the internet up there are sometimes ixplore exe files in task manager However more concerning is that when i close the internet window two Rundll exe files up causes Closing rundll32.exe's open to iexplorer 2 appear As well as this the computer is Closing iexplorer causes 2 rundll32.exe's to open up running slower than normal and there are files I don t recognise in my taskbar such as Ati evxx exe and unsecapp exe All this leads me to beleive I have a problem My virus scanner finds nothing but thats no surprise these days with the sophistication of the viruses I have Skype a VOIP phone suite Yzea and Download accelerator plus My operating system is Windows Vista - PC is only months old and use by whole family inc Messenger windows live facebook etc I have ran hijack this and get the following report any help would be appreciated Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT SP MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exe D Program Files Yzea VOIP Phone Suite LogicomUSBPhone exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe D Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol WinPatrol exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe D Program Files Yzea VOIP Phone Suite VoipConsoleUI exe C Closing iexplorer causes 2 rundll32.exe's to open up Windows System mobsync exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM Closing iexplorer causes 2 rundll32.exe's to open up exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe D Internet Downloads HiJack Ths HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW amp l amp s amp o vp amp d amp m aspire m R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO DAPIELoader Class - FF C CF - B - D -ABED- C - C PROGRA DAP DAPIEL DLL O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run Yzea VOIP Phone Suite quot D Program Files Yzea VOIP Phone Suite LogicomUSBPhone exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKLM Run WinPatrol D Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exe O - HKCU Run Skype quot C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe quot nosplash minimized O - Extra context menu item amp Clean Traces - C Program Files DAP Privacy Package dapcleanerie htm O - Extra context menu item amp Download with amp DAP - C Program Files DAP dapextie htm O - Extra context menu item Download amp all with DAP - C Program Files DAP dapextie htm O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - A B- - - AFE-EE C DA F - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Skype add-on for Internet Explorer - A B- - - AFE-EE C DA F - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - Extra button Skype - BF - - EC - -D B E B - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system nlaapi dll O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows syste... Read more

A:Closing iexplorer causes 2 rundll32.exe's to open up

You have an outdated version of HijackThis.

Please click here to download and install version 2.0.2 of the HijackThis Installer.

Run it and select Do a system scan and save a logfile.

The log will be saved in Notepad. Copy and paste the log in your next post.

Do not fix anything

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/closing-iexplorer-causes-2-rundll32-exes-to-open-up.898807/
Relevancy 48.59%

So I can't open malwarebytes and it won't let me open some programs. I tried renaming mbam.exe, also tried opening it in safe mode, both not working. Also in IE and Firefox (not in Opera) google links will get redirected. It's really irritating me so help me please!!

A:Malwarebytes keeps closing on me. Can't open some programs help!

Hello let's try Fatdcuk's fix.Please navigate to the MBAM folder located in the Program Files directory.Locate MBAM.exe and rename it to winlogon.exeOnce renamed double click on the file to open MBAM and select Quick ScanAt the end of the scan click Remove Selected and then reboot.Post the scan log. The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.We Need to check for Rootkits with RootRepealDownload RootRepeal from the following location and save it to your desktop.Direct Download (Recommended)Primary MirrorSecondary MirrorSecondary MirrorSecondary MirrorZip Mirrors (Recommended if you have a slower connection or if the Direct Download mirror is down)
Primary MirrorSecondary MirrorSecondary MirrorRar Mirrors - Only if you know what a RAR is and can extract it.
Primary MirrorSecondary MirrorSecondary MirrorExtract RootRepeal.exe from the archive (If you did not use the "Direct Download" mirror).Open on your desktop.Click the tab.Click the button.Check ONLY the Files box: Push OkCheck the box for your main system drive (Usually C:), and press Ok.Allow RootRepeal to run a scan of your system. This may take some time.Once the scan completes, push the button. Save the log to your desktop, using a distinctive name, such as RootRepeal.txt. Include this report in your next reply, please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/255836/malwarebytes-keeps-closing-on-me-cant-open-some-programs-help/
Relevancy 48.59%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+, x86 Family 15 Model 31 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 1023 Mb
Graphics Card: CONNECT 3D RADEON X300, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 78528 MB, Free - 42576 MB; D: Total - 58643 MB, Free - 57741 MB;
Motherboard: , NF-CK804, ,
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Please help I'm lost every time I open my task manager it closes. It does not matter which way I try.

A:My task manager keeps closing as soon as I open it.

Have you scanned for a virus? I am sure that will shut down as well if you are infected.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-task-manager-keeps-closing-as-soon-as-i-open-it.988832/
Relevancy 48.16%

I click on "Libraries", then "Pictures" then a folder in the "Pictures" folder. What I want to do is then open a second (third, fourth) folder so that I can move images between them without the previous one closing.

I feel I am missing a simple step and look forward to your helping me correct this delimma.

A:Libraries/Pictures/folder I want to open more w/out closing others

You can right-click on a folder and go to 'Open in new window'.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/187626-libraries-pictures-folder-i-want-open-more-w-out-closing-others.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I just had to reinstall Windows XP Home and all the updates on a new hard drive. I am running antivirus and spyware software. I am having an intermittant problem (every few minutes) when I try to close or minimize Internet Explorer windows or other open application windows. The mouse and keyboard freeze up. When I hit Ctrl-Alt-Del and click twice to close the Task Manager window everything frees up and I am then able to close the other offending window but it is annoying to constantly having to do this. I had this problem about a year ago and if I recall correctly, I found a download on one of the Internet computer forum sites that solved the problem. My chances of finding that again are probably slim to none. Has anyone experienced this particular problem and have a solution.

Thanks much.

A:Intermittant Problem Closing Open Windows

do you remember which forum

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/95164/intermittant-problem-closing-open-windows/
Relevancy 48.16%

I'm set up to run folder windows in a separate instance of Explorer for better stability. But now I'm having problems. When I close all the windows for the second instance of Explorer, the process frequently does not terminate. So then when I try to open another folder window, nothing happens. I have to quit Explorer manually to get it working again. This has happened several times now, and I'm getting tired of it. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I'm running XP MCE 2002 Edition, all the latest updates.

A:Explorer.exe hangs instead of closing, folders won't open.

Explorer uses up a lot of resources and your method may not be best suited if those, particularly memory, is in limited supply.

You might try doing a "system restore" to a date when there were no problems; these can be undone.

Most problems I've had with explorer disappear on a reboot.

But you can test in Safe Mode and also test using a "clean boot" method of troubleshooting.

CLEAN BOOT TROUBLESHOOTING technique

First, restart in Safe Mode if necessary -- (tap the f8 key promptly on startup and choose the Safe Mode option from the boot menu) or Normal mode

Then:

Run msconfig and select the "Services" tab. Check "Hide Microsoft Services" and then disable the rest. Also uncheck "load startup group" on the general page.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135 << written for Vista, but applies equally well to XP

Now restart and test the issue at hand

If no problems, run msconfig and recheck half the disabled items on the Services tab. Test again. If the problem recurs, UNcheck half the items you just checked to narrow down the culprit.

If the problem didn't occur, check the other half, so all the Services are enabled -- proceed to do this on the startup tab as well.

Get the idea? You want to isolate the problem to a specific startup if possible.

Note: if you already have items unchecked under msconfig > startups and are in &#8220;selective&#8221; startup mode &#8211; you should note what these are before beginning. They will need to be de-selected again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/explorer-exe-hangs-instead-of-closing-folders-wont-open.782766/
Relevancy 48.16%

this morning when i turned my computer on, (vista) i got to my desktop and my anti virus popped up saying i have a virus. i think it was a vundo, or sumthing like that...my anti-virus instantly removed it...or so it said....now my windows explorer and icons are gone, cept my sidebar...i went into task manager and attempted to manually load explorer again...closed instantly....i tried add remove programs it closed instantly. the only thing that seems to work is my anti virus....but it wont tell me anything.. /sigh....oh and btw it does the same thing in safe mode, and i've tried all avalable options on startup

A:explorer closing/unable to open apps

does anyone has solution to this problem bexos the same situation brought me here. i can't do anything through my regular user as it keep displaying Windows Explorer has stopped working & nothing can be done, no application load, nothing.
I login through another user on the same Notebook, IE works fine, I uninstalled the last application before the incidence but no luck after login to the problematic environment.
Your urgent help will be appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/explorer-closing-unable-to-open-apps-275907.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello, all?

I use TeamViewer frequently to assist others, but too often when I click to close an open, maximized window on the remote PC, I inadvertently click the Close "X" of the open, maximized TeamViewer window...which closes the session and breaks the connection. (I know that care will prevent the problem...but the Close "X" icons of a maximized window inside another window are one directly below the other.)

Is there any Windows 7 option/add-on/util that can require me to do something extra?beyond just clicking the Close "X"?to close a specific open window on my PC? (E.g., set a window so that it requires Ctl+click to close.)

Have searched the forums and Web at large, w/o success. Thx in advance for any ideas.

Shen

A:How To Protect An Open Window From Easy Closing

LOL, that happens to me as well. Though I don't need to use it frequently.

Bit annoying, don't know offhand any way round it..

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/321206-how-protect-open-window-easy-closing.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello I am in need of some assistance with my IE browser but the problem only occurs while using MSN the default homepage After closing IE while on MSN so many times multiple browsers will automatically open I Closing Open 10 Multiple IE Default After Browsers Only Homepage (MSN) have also noticed Multiple IE 10 Browsers Open After Closing Default Homepage (MSN) Only that when Multiple IE 10 Browsers Open After Closing Default Homepage (MSN) Only the multiple browsers open the url is a little different from the original Multiple IE 10 Browsers Open After Closing Default Homepage (MSN) Only Here is an example of what some of the urls might look like below http www msn com amp align left amp id twitter-widget- amp lang en amp screen name msn amp show count false amp show screen name false amp size m But when I change my default homepage to another search engine such as google yahoo or bing this problem does not happen It only happens on the default homepage msn Some of the methods I have used while trying to solve this problem are Running Virus and Malware Scans For virus and malware protection I use Malwarebytes Pro and Microsoft Security Essentials Both of these programs are up to date and I have done numerous scans with them and other programs such as other Microsoft products ComboFix and many others However even during a full scan no threats are detected Resetting IE to default settings I have done this multiple times including deleting my browsing history form data security settings etc to see if this helps resolving the issue but it does not Upgrading to and Downgrading from IE No matter how much I upgrade or downgrade IE this always happens in the same matter nothing changes Opening Task manager I have been opening task manager to see if anything is out of the ordinary and nothing that I recognize is not Updating and enabling and disabling add-ons I have updated all my add-ons and also have disabled them to see if any of them were causing conflicts At one point I have disabled all the add-ons and the problem still occurred however when I had used IE with no add-ons no multiple browsers had opened up automatically Most of these methods I have used are from Malwarebytes Tech Support MSN Tech Support and research I have done online but there are not many forums or solutions on this particular topic I am also beginning to wonder if this is just a glitch from the msn website itself and is nothing harmful Either way please help me As for my operating system I use Windows Home Premium -bit Thank you very much for your assistance DreamWeaverProtector

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503436/multiple-ie-10-browsers-open-after-closing-default-homepage-msn-only/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all I'm desperately looking for some help with regards to a Windows Explorer problem As in Windows files any open down closing in I whenever Document My Explorer the title Windows Explorer closes down all the time when opening pictures music or anything in My Docs I have restored to factory settings from the partition on the HDD and fully updated The recovery failed twice and updates failed twice and seemed to take hours too but finally I got there Then came the moment of truth opened My Pictures and bang closed again The first time it failed recovery it gave an error message about certain programs applications couldn't be Windows Explorer closing down whenever I open any files in My Document placed into memory as there is a I O failure or error I should of written it down in hindsight It was all a painfully slow procedure that took all day yesterday and some of this morning too The only thing I can think of is that maybe the HHD is starting to fail or maybe RAM issues although it is seeing the RAM that is installed Gb I would really appreciate some help here thanks for reading Martin

A:Windows Explorer closing down whenever I open any files in My Document

Hi all,

I thought I would follow up with my findings and solution to my Windows Explorer nightmare as I am quite pleased with myself for persevering and fixing it. It was right under my nose all along but it was just knowing how to go about it.

Basically, "Event Viewer" gave me all the information I needed. In the event tree I clicked on "Windows" then "Applications" which gave a list of apps with either a blue info icon to the left of the information, an exclamation mark in red for error or a yellow exclamation mark for warning. There were plenty of red error icons which I hoped would be logs of Windows Explorer closing down, and sure enough they were. On following the "Failing Application Path" c:\program files\ASUSWSShellExt64.dll I found the highlighted shell extension, Which is basically Asus Web Storage. I promptly uninstalled the program and have had no crashes whatsoever, yee haaaaa!

Hope this helps someone else someday as it almost blew my brains out

Martin.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/366552-windows-explorer-closing-down-whenever-i-open-any-files-my-document.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Actually i don't know i am using Windows Professional SP2.
Nowadays whenever i open a folder in windows explorer, automatically windows explorer error comes, closing.
Can't able to open the drive directory[not in C drive] contains videos,movies,photos,...
Please help me how to solve this problem,
i am a beginner just bought a new PC experiencing this problem first time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whenever-i-open-a-folder-windows-explorer-crashes-and-closing.892236/
Relevancy 47.3%

i am unable to run gmer or rkunhooker they both lock up my computer but i was able to run dds scr i will attach the logs here is ark txt DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Skitz at on Thu Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Internet web 7 mozilla open to keep explorer trying when and closing pages Program Files Spyware Doctor BDT BDTUpdateService exe C Windows system svchost exe Internet explorer 7 and mozilla keep closing when trying to open web pages -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files iolo Common Lib ioloServiceManager exe C Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows System Internet explorer 7 and mozilla keep closing when trying to open web pages svchost exe Internet explorer 7 and mozilla keep closing when trying to open web pages -k HPZ C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files MSN Toolbar Platform mswinext exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system svchost exe -k HPService C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe E dds scr C Windows system conhost exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp securityresponse symantec com avcenter fix homepage BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO PC Tools Browser Guard BHO a f d b- - ff -b - cce e - c program files spyware doctor bdt PCTBrowserDefender dll BHO Symantec NCO BHO adb e- aff- - aa - dac dfa - c program files norton engine coIEPlg dll BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention d ec - aae- -aeee-f f c - c program files norton engine IPSBHO DLL BHO Search Helper ebf - f- bff-a f-b e aac b - c program files microsoft search enhancement pack search helper SEPsearchhelperie dll BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Bing Bar BHO d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c program files msn toolbar platform npwinext dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll TB Norton Toolbar febefe - b - - d -ffb d b ca - c program files norton engine coIEPlg dll TB c program files msn toolbar platform npwinext dll - dcb -df - - - fa b f - c program files msn toolbar platform npwinext dll TB PC Tools Browser Guard ea- a- b-adf - d e cc - c program files spyware doctor bdt PCTBrowserDefender dll uRun Sidebar c program files windows sidebar sidebar exe autoRun mRun Bing Bar quot c program files msn toolbar platform mswinext exe quot mRun Microsoft Default Manager quot c program files microsoft search enhancement pack default manager DefMgr exe quot -resume mRun ISTray quot c program files spyware doctor pctsTray exe quot mRun iolo Startup quot c program files iolo common lib ioloLMan... Read more

Relevancy 46.44%

My laptop was just buyed 8 months ago and i am facing this problem Can anyone please help to resolve this issue?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988590
Relevancy 46.44%

I am also facing the same hinge problem and luckily now I saw this post. As everyone mentioned I was just closing and opening my laptop and the right side popped open suddenly yesterday.
The replies from dell were exactly same as for other people $159 for the repair and this is an accidental damage. I am surprised with so many posts over 1 year they have not done anything to rectify this problem
According to me they should retake all the laptops sold and should not release this model until this problem is fixed.
Please let me know if anyone else is successful in overcoming this issue.

Thanks

A:Inspiron 5547 laptop pops open at the right side joint while closing

Hi,
Thank you for writing to us with your feedback .
There are no inherent issues with the systems. All the systems that are boxed go through a quality check .
From looking at the pictures posted and i have also checked with my product team this is clearly falls under accidental damage and not covered under basic warranty .
Thanks
Robin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19682644
Relevancy 46.44%

I have tried to search for this problem and haven't found any other reference. I have tried virus, malware & spyware scans and seem to be clear of such. I am running Windows XP Home Edition, Version 2002, Service Pack 2. Laptop is Toshiba Satellite, Intel Pentium 1.50 MHz, 2.00 GB RAM. All of my programs seem to work and I have no problems with internet access or speed. It is very annoying and, if I am typing, I miss letters or spaces if the flashing of the command prompt window opens and closes. It never stay open long enough for me to read any text so I can't tell you what is going on. Just in the time I have been typing this, the event has happened 10-12 times. I would really appreciate any help. I have tried "System Restore" but get a "Failure to Restore" message for all of the restore points I have tried.

A:Black "command prompt" windows keep flashing open & closing immediately

Hello let's do this to stop the screen so you can read it and post the error.. Then do an MBAM scan and post a log.Click on Start, then right click on My Computer.Scroll and select Properties, then choose Advanced tab.Under Start up and Recovery click Settings. Under System Failure uncheck Automatic System Restart. Now when the BSOD occurs the screen will stop and you can write the complete error down to post.Next run MBAM:Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (v1.36) and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2If you have a previous version of MBAM, remove it via Add/Remove Programs and download a fresh copy.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install. Alternatively, you can update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer, copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/226706/black-command-prompt-windows-keep-flashing-open-closing-immediately/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello,

I have the identical problem as outlined here: 
It is seemingly impossible to reply or get attention there so I am reposting it.
I live in Thailand and have had the machine for approximately 2 years.
Please advise.
Thank you, 
Phil.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993384
Relevancy 46.44%

As many have already mentioned in other threads, Inspiron 5547 used to make click sound while closing/opening the laptop. 2 days ago, I found the right corner edge has popped open.
Laptop is now out of warranty but this seems to be manufacturing defect as this has been common complaint from so many people over a constant period of time.
Can someone please let me know what is the course of action?
Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996474
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,
have been trying to access the UK foreign office website www.fco.gov.uk when I put this into the address bar it takes me to Google where it gives the site as an option. When I select it from here (or any other search engine) it tells me it cannot connect either due to a fault in my connection or a fault at the site. I know the site is working because it is simultaneously acessed from a freinds computer. The same thing happens when I try and access from my laptop on my home network.

I have reset the browsers (firefox and ie 7) reset the router and tried switching off the windows firewall but without result. Not being overly tech minded cant think of anything else. any ideas or settings I should check?

Am away for a few days so if I don't reply staright away please don't think me rude or ungrateful.

A:Just cant open one site!

It happened to me to, maybe there is a problem with the webpage

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/just-cant-open-one-site-159669.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello and thank you in advance for any assitance you can provide A friend of mine's computer keeps trying to open site sid Has PCcilin Trying Site To Open 82.98.235.70/433?sid= installed but running it does not seem to fix his problem Below you will find his Deckard HJT and Kaspersky logs Please advise and thank you again Mike----------------Decakard Main ----------------------------------Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Ray on - - Computer is in Normal Mode --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis run as Ray exe -------------------------------------------------Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINNT System smss exeC WINNT system csrss exeC WINNT system winlogon exeC WINNT system services exeC WINNT system lsass exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT system spoolsv exeC WINNT System svchost exeC WINNT system hidserv exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PcCtlCom exeC WINNT system regsvc exeC WINNT system stisvc exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN Tmntsrv exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN TmPfw exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN tmproxy exeC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exeC WINNT system mspmspsv exeC WINNT system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exeC WINNT system spool drivers w Site 82.98.235.70/433?sid= Trying To Open x hpztsb exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security pccguide exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exeC Program Files Microsoft Site 82.98.235.70/433?sid= Trying To Open IntelliPoint ipoint exeC WINNT system ctfmon exeC Program Files Sony Handheld HOTSYNC EXEC Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files Kodak Site 82.98.235.70/433?sid= Trying To Open Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PcScnSrv exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Product Assistant bin hprblog exeC WINNT explorer exeC Documents and Settings Ray Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE MBS YR dss exeC PROGRA TRENDM HIJACK Ray exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C windows system blank htmR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C windows system blank htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - AB C - A - C- -A DB A A - C WINNT system urqNHWqr dllO - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C Program Files MSN Apps ST en-xu stmain dllO - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dllO - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT system msdxm ocxO - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dllO - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logonO - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exeO - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINNT system spool drivers w x hpztsb exeO - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeO - HKLM Run pccguide exe quot C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security pccguide exe quot O - HKLM Run itype quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run Adobe Rea... Read more

A:Site 82.98.235.70/433?sid= Trying To Open

HelloApologize for the delay in response we get overwhelmed at times but we are trying our best to keep up.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having would appreciate you letting us know If not please perform the following below so I can have a look at the current condition of your machine.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.Please download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) and save to your Desktop.alternate download siteDSS will do the following:Create a new System Restore point in Windows XP and Vista.Clean your Temporary Files, Downloaded Program Files, Internet Cache Files, and empty the Recycle Bin on all drives.Check some important areas of your system and produce a report for an analyst to review.Automatically run HijackThis. It will also install and place a shortcut to HijackThis on your desktop if you do not already have it installed. So if HijackThis is not installed and DSS prompts you to download it, please answer yes.You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges when using.Close all applications and windows.Double-click on dss.exe to run it and follow the prompts.If your anti-virus or firewall complains, please allow this script to run as it is not
malicious.When the scan is complete, two text files will open in Notepad:main.txt <- this one will be maximizedextra.txt <- this one will be minimizedIf not, they both can be found in the C:\Deckard\System Scanner folder.Please copy (Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of main.txt and extra.txt in your next reply.-- When running DSS, some firewalls may warn that it is trying to access the Internet especially if your asked to download the most current version of HijackThis. Please ensure that you allow it permission to do so.-- If you get a warning from your anti-virus while DSS is scanning, please allow DSS to continue as the scan is not harmful.NextPlease do an online scan with Kaspersky WebScannerClick on Accept ButtonYou will be promted to install an ActiveX component from Kaspersky, Click Yes.The program will launch and then begin downloading the latest definition files:Once the files have been downloaded click on NEXT
Now click on Scan SettingsIn the scan settings make that the following are selected:Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:Extended (if available otherwise Standard)
Scan Options:Scan Archives
Scan Mail BasesClick OKNow under select a target to scan:Select My ComputerThis will program will start and scan your system.The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run.Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected.Now click on the Save as Text button:Save the file to your desktop.Copy and paste that information in your next post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/141440/site-829823570433sid-trying-to-open/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello,
I am connected to Internet via LAN. Since last month I can't open one site. At first I've contacted their administration- they confirmed my IP is not banned.
My LAN company gets traffic from two providers: using first I can't open the page, using second - site is always opened. Nobody using first internet's provider can't open this site, but in the other house there is the same provider (first) and everything works fine, which means internet provider also doesn't block this site.
Now the only one conclusion is: the problem is in my LAN. Its admin says he has no idea what's happened.
Tracing from 8 line gets stars and time outs. 7 line shows non opened site's hosting company.
Any ideas would be welcome.

Relevancy 46.01%

Have been doing business with this company for years, now my tow computers wont open the site,,, I know its live had wife check it from work. Called them and its live. www.mitalenacoffee.com

please help, need to get some links from thier site..

A:site won't open

hi and welcome to TSF try clearing your history cookies etc from ie and see if you can connect

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/site-wont-open-411012.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I use the www.weightwatchers.com site and when i installed firefox as u suggested it send me to a site restriction page. It tells me to make sure cookies and java are enable and give me direction for firefox.. I did both of these but still can't veiw the site any suggestions wouold be great! THanks so much!
Chandy

A:won't open a site

In firefox, go to Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies, and click the Exceptions button. Type in www.weightwatchers.com and click Allow.

To enable java, go to Tools > Options > Web Features and enable java and javascript. Also check your firewall settings for cookies and java/mobile code.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/wont-open-a-site-61449.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi I can not open following web site web can a site not open in Mozilla IE or Chrome I have laptops having different OS and different anit virus Tried on both laptops but it didn't work Tried all methods given by Mozilla support and also IE support like clearing cache enable java proxy settings ip config flushdns tracert and so on Nothing worked yet Have done reset on modem and called IP service They told me that they have not blocked the site Web site is Eng-Tips Forums Ofcourse i can open this web site elsewhere but not at can not open a web site home When i click i get following message The connection has timed out The server at Eng-Tips Forums is taking too long to respond The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy Try again in a few moments If you are unable to load any pages check your computer's network connection If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web I can not open a web site google and tried different ways to check nothing worked Can anybody suggest something Thanks

A:can not open a web site

Go to this URL: Tecumseh Group - Forums For Professionals and near the end of the CEO's message hit Contact and choose the most appropriate entry. You are contacting the operators of the site and if it's a site problem, they can help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/can-not-open-a-web-site-639145.html
Relevancy 46.01%

A site requires Web GL, HTML 5 and Advanced graphics performance rating. My Browser Mozilla Firefox supports Web GL, HTML 5 but not Advanced graphics performance rating. How this problem could be solved??

A:site can't open

What website is it? What graphics card are you using? Are your device drivers and browser plugins all up to date? Have you tried another browser like Chrome or IE?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/site-cant-open-635119.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Site will come up but won't open after entering PW & ID. The blue line goes half way across and hangs up. Or the same thing will happen when I'm on a site and click on the the link for the order form or for some download.

Relevancy 46.01%

For some reason I cant open the site http www gomusic com even though it's up and I can view it on different computers I thought there might be something preventing my browser from opening it on the hijak this log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS site particular a can't I open system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS I can't open a particular site system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe I can't open a particular site C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Acer eManager anbmServ exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C acer epm epm-dm exe I can't open a particular site C PROGRA LAUNCH LManager EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbkbmgr exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbkbmon exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe C Program Files Plaxo InstallStub exe C Program Files SAGEM SAGEM F st - dslmon exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer realplay exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus OPScan exe C Documents and Settings Lyle Christine My Documents Adawre Tools hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http news bbc co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http global acer com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run MSPY C WINDOWS system IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run EPM-DM c acer epm epm-dm exe O - HKLM Run LManager C PROGRA LAUNCH LManager EXE O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYM... Read more

A:I can't open a particular site

Does this happen on more than this site? There's not much showing in this log...let's have you run some general tools.

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad. Make sure to work through the fixes in the exact order it is mentioned below. If there's anything that you don't understand, ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes. You should 'not' have any open browsers when you are following the procedures below.

Go to Start>Run and type cleanmgr then press enter. This starts Windows DiskCleanup. Choose C drive click OK. Make sure Temporary Internet Files, Recycle Bin and Temporary Files are selected, click OK.

Can you now visit the site?

Before attacking an adware/spyware problem with hijackthis make sure you have already run the following tools. Download and update the databases on each program before running. Ad-Aware? SE Personal Edition
*Note* For Ad-AwareSE also install the VX2 Addon Cleaner To run this tool once Adaware is updated click on Add-ons in the lefthand column. Select VX2 Cleaner V2.0 and click Run Tool. Click "OK" , then, if something is found, click "Clean" as in the directions given. Click "Close", and exit Ad-Aware.
Spybot Search & Destroy
CWShredder

Run a scan in HijackThis. Check each of the following and hit 'Fix checked' (after checking them) if they still exist (make sure not to miss any):

O16 - DPF: {FF0C042C-98E9-4C36-B2EC-E21FDFDCEF75} - http://download.redswoosh.net/Installer/rssoft.cab

Restart your computer now.

Perform an online scan with Internet Explorer with Panda ActiveScan - requires Internet Explorer
Click on the Scan your PC button & a 'pop up' window shall appear. * ensure that your pop up blocker doesn't block it
Click On 'Scan Now'
Enter your e-mail address & click 'Scan Now' ...begins downloading Panda's ActiveX controls.- 8MB
Begin the scan by selecting My Computer
* You needn't remain online while it's doing the scan but you have to re-connect after it has finished to see the report.
If it finds any malware, it will offer you a report. Click on see report
Then click Save report
Post the contents of the report in your next reply
* Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan

Restart and run a new HijackThis scan. Save the log file and post it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/i-cant-open-a-particular-site-73611.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I am trying to open a site Jeep.com. This and a couple of other sites will not open. It just gives me a Box Errorstating it will not open though ot tries to..

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-open-site-613516.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Before I downloaded Windows XP upgrades I used to be able to go directly to my ftp site / folders view. Nos I get this message:
FTP root at ftp.lesvants.com
To view this FTP site in Windows Explorer, click Page, and then click Open FTP Site in Windows Explorer.

How can I bypass this and go directly to my folders view?

Thanks, Airpix

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/open-ftp-site-311417.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi, trying to figure out why ie7 wont open a site im am registered too, they dontknow either, when i try to open it page goes to error as if they were offline if i use a surf anon page they open, any clue, thanks

A:Cant open 1 site

Are you behind a router?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/201996/cant-open-1-site/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi Sometimes several times a day IE says it cannot open a web page Google etc the first time but opens it OK the second time I try I have followed the instructions re Spyware Doctor etc etc so here is my Deckard log Can someone please have a look at it and advise Regards rhoodnotts Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Robin Grantham on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Removed Kazaa - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC says site IE7 sometimes cannot open - RP - Installed MacroMaker - - UTC - RP - Installed PC Inspector File Recovery -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution IE7 sometimes says cannot open site Service Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis run as Robin Grantham exe -------------------------------------- Unable to find log file not found running clone -- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------ Emulating logfile IE7 sometimes says cannot open site of HijackThis v Scan saved at - - Platform IE7 sometimes says cannot open site Windows XP Service Pack MSIE Internet Explorer Running processes C WINDOWS system smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Ashampoo Ashampoo Magical Defrag bin aDefragService exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Free avgamsvr exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Free avgupsvc exe C Program Files Bluetooth Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Sandboxie SbieSvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files UPHClean uphclean exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS system alg exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Free avgcc exe C Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol WinPatrol exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files RAM Idle LE RAM XP exe C Robin Exes tclocklight- - tclock exe C Program Files Sandboxie Control exe C Program Files TaskSwitchXP TaskSwitchXP exe C Program Files Ashampoo Ashampoo Magical Defrag bin aDefragCtrl exe C Program Files Clipboard Magic ClipboardMagic exe C Program Files ARM Software MacroMaker MacroMaker exe C Program Files Shrink Pic shrink pic exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor swdsvc exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor SDTrayApp exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor svcntaux exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Documents and Settings Robin Grantham Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE PCYLQQ dss exe C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msn sl exe C Program Files PC Connectivity Solution ServiceLayer exe C Program Files PC Connectivity Solution NclBTHandler exe C Program Files Bluetooth Bluetooth Software BTStackServer exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google com R - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Micro... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/ie7-sometimes-says-cannot-open-site-176641.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi, for some reason some sites will not open and others open fine. I have security set on low but I dont think thats the problem. msn.com opens but hotmail.com will not open. My home page (google) will not open but ask.com opens fine. Can someone please help? Thanks

A:Some site won't open!

What area of the world do you live in? perhaps that could be the problem, I have the same problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/some-site-wont-open-109738.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Recently, when I minimise one site and try to go back to IE, then try to open again, I find that it just hangs there.. In other words, I can't access two sites at once in IE..I have been actively using Ad-aware and wonder if this has anything to do with it. I am running IE 6 in WinXP Pro.

All help will be gratefully received by this old duffer (70 next month!)

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,

I am unable to open a particular https site.
I have uninstalled antivirus,swiched off windows firewall, Changed internet settings etc.,,,

Pls, help me.

Thanks,
Scott

A:Not able to open a particular https site

more info please

what site?
what browser?
have you tried a different browser?

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/232836-not-able-open-particular-https-site.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Network Associates Common Framework FrameworkService exeC Program Files Network Associates VirusScan mcshield exeC Program Files Network Associates VirusScan vstskmgr exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spupdsvc exeC WINDOWS system site open on Mcafee I IE, cannot svchost exeC Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exeC WINDOWS system reg exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXEC Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exeC Program Files Common Files Network Associates TalkBack tbmon exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com fr fp-yie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo I cannot open Mcafee site on IE, com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - I cannot open Mcafee site on IE, HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet I cannot open Mcafee site on IE, Explorer provided by Yahoo R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dllO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO GetRight IE Download Helper - FF D- A - A-A EF- BA A E - C Program Files GetRight xx gr dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO FlashFXP Helper for Internet Explorer - E A B-D - -AD - B EE - C PROGRA FlashFXP IEFlash dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - BHO SingleInstance Class - FDAD DA - A - FD - C - F AC - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn YTSingleInstance dllO - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp BHO dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run ShStatEXE quot C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXE quot STANDALONEO - HKLM Run McAfeeUpdaterUI quot C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exe quot StartedFromRunKeyO - HKLM Run Network Associates Error Reporting Service quot C Program Files Common Files Network Associates TalkBack tbmon exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - Extra context menu item Download with GetRight Pro - C Program Files GetRight GRd... Read more

A:I cannot open Mcafee site on IE,

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/227519/i-cannot-open-mcafee-site-on-ie/
Relevancy 45.58%

pl help not able to open any antivirus site Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC WINDOWS system taskswitch exeC WINDOWS system igfxtray exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files McAfee site antivirus open any not to able Managed VirusScan not able to open any antivirus site Agent myAgtSvc exeC WINDOWS system slserv exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE EXCEL EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant http server toolbar rediff com toolbar ml mode toolbarR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default not able to open any antivirus site Search URL http toolbar ask com toolbarv askRedirec amp gc amp q R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http in rediff com index htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Search URL http toolbar ask com toolbarv askRedirec amp gc amp q R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http server toolbar rediff com toolbar ml mode toolbarR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http toolbar ask com toolbarv askRedirec p gc amp q sR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - URLSearchHook no name - F - D - - AD - C D ADC - no file R - URLSearchHook DefaultSearchHook Class - C E B- - A - B- B BEFC DB - C Program Files AskSearch bin DefaultSearch dll file missing O - Hosts VIRUSSCAN SECURESYNERGYONLINE COMO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run IMJPMIG C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNCO - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMENameO - HKLM Run CoolSwitch C WINDOWS system taskswitch exeO - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run AlcWzrd ALCWZRD EXEO - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXEO - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAudPropShortcut exeO - HKLM Run MVS Splash quot C Program Files McAfee Managed VirusScan Agent Splash exe quot O - HKLM Run McAfee Managed Services Tray quot C Program Files McAfee Managed VirusScan Agent StartMyagtTry exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -kO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKCU Run PC Suite Tray quot C Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite PCSuite exe quot -onlytrayO - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager quot C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YAHOOM EXE quot -quietO - HKC... Read more

A:not able to open any antivirus site

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/237955/not-able-to-open-any-antivirus-site/
Relevancy 45.58%

I'm suddenly getting the error that IE cannot display the page It seems to happen only on one site IE8 only - cannot page open one site that I know of - on two different computers I haven't made any changes IE8 cannot open page - one site only to my computer I'm running Windows XP on one computer and Vista on the other Both are running IE I thought IE8 cannot open page - one site only it was a quot site quot problem but I have friends that are getting it daily It is www wunderground com I have turned off my anti-virus turned of Malware Bytes checked all forums I could find and have done everything but reset IE I hate to do that since changes have been made that affect other things on the computer Right now I have one thing not working that I know of and I don't want to get it fixed and have six others that are screwed up I also tried accessing the page in Safe Mode That was intersting in that it kept telling me IE had a problem and had to close - and that was just loading my home page - which gives me NO problem when I'm in the normal windows mode I have deleted browsing history and tried opening it from a quot search quot rather than a bookmark I tried the quot fix it quot on the Microsoft site and it didn't do anything I also disabled Add-Ons for IE Any other ideas I could try to get this site working again Oh - on my laptop I even did a system restore to days ago and it didn't help I appreciate any ideas that are known to fix this I really don't want to start messing with lots of settings that MIGHT fix it - and then I'll screw up something else

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie8-cannot-open-page-one-site-only-480241.html
Relevancy 45.58%

This is a renewed request for assistance - I can go to any web site I want with the exception of costco.com, where I am a member. The site will not open - no error messages - it just plain won't open. Not from a directly typed address, not from a search link, not from my email I receive from Costco...I am completely stumped. I have don a complete virus scan, spyware scans using AdAware and SpyBot, and have cleared my cache, cookies, and history. My last resort is to try a system restore, but wanted to put in one more plea for help from you to see if I am missing something.
Thank you in advance for your help.

Kermit2

A:One Web site will not open for me - stumped

Hello Kermit,

I just tried your problem site, without any hassles at all [albeit I am in Australia], so the problem must be with your computer.

If you have any stand alone firewall installed [ i.e: Zone Alarm etc.], it might pay to do two things; firstly, disable it and see if you can get into the site again..if this works, you will need to include the site on the exemptions list....and, secondly, disable any pop-up blockers.

If you only have the generic Windows Xp firewall, add the site to the exemptions list in there.

One other thought that comes to mind is, go into Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings, and make sure the box 'Automatically detect settings' is ticked > OK and restart IE.

Try these ideas and post back with the results.

Kind Regards,

Dave T.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/one-web-site-will-not-open-for-me-stumped-105614.html
Relevancy 45.58%

ok, in one web site (www.pandas.co.il) i cant see a picture there..
instead of the picture i see X on it. all my friends can see the picture.
i tried to download java, and change web browsers... but nothing helps..
Please.. if you know what to do help me.

A:Web Site cant open a little picture for me (for many others it does)

Check your ActiveX settings to see if they allow for you to accept and view ActiveX.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/web-site-cant-open-a-little-picture-for-me-for-many-others-it-does-23106.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Please be patient and help me figure this out Win and IE on all my networked computers For years I have been going to the Kroger grocery store web site from a shortcut on my desktop A few weeks ago a different Kroger web site came up from Can't site one open web #1 computer. and it would not let me sign in The correct page showed up on my Laptop and Desktop computer using the same shortcut address and each of those brought up the correct web site I used the Desktop over the network to access the shortcut on my laptop and the same bad website showed up and would not let me sign in I copied the shortcut from my Laptop desktop and pasted it on the desktop and when I double clicked on the short cut the bad website showed up and would not let me sign in I used the Laptop over the Network and double clicked on the desktop shortcut and the correct website showed up and allowed me to sign in Using the computer and Google I created a new short cut for Kroger the same bad web site showed up I am not a Techie and cannot figure this out but my limited knowledge tells me Can't open one web site from #1 computer. there is something in the Registry that prevents the computer from accessing the Kroger web page when all the other short cuts work correctly

A:Can't open one web site from #1 computer.

Hi,
On which ever computer that can not login,
Use Gear symbol on the top right and Safety and Delete browser history,
You can also use Alt+TD
Uncheck the top box and click on Delete,
Test the issue,
Cheers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/342043-cant-open-one-web-site-1-computer.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I use Firefox as my default browser, but some sites can only be displayed properly with IE. How can I make certain sites open with IE only?

A:how can i make site open with ie6?

Try the IE View extension for Firefox. http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-info/ieview

Whenever you want to view a site that requires IE, just right-click its link and choose IE View.

Post back if you need help installing it... you might have to enable downloads from this particular site (a toolbar should appear at the top of the screen asking you to confirm it's ok to download. Just a security check)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/how-can-i-make-site-open-with-ie6-65346.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I am getting this error everytime I boot up.
open site, error run 62, - ok.

I check the ok and it goes away. but what is is from? does it mean something is automatically tuned in to me? (or me it)?
Thank You

A:error... open site

is it error run 62 or error run TIME 62?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-open-site.246881/
Relevancy 45.58%

I could not open web site with chrome on windows 7 x64.

I tried chrome, chrome canary nersion, comodo dragon.

How to resolve this problem?

A:could not open web site with chrome

u try uninstall chrome fully by clicking this link: Manually uninstall Google Chrome in Windows - Google Chrome Help
then install... cheers

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/195384-could-not-open-web-site-chrome.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi

I used to go to www.drownedinsound.com - a music site - but since I installed IE 9 I cant access it. The site attempts to loads but then the tab closes and displays an error message at the bottom " A problem has cauase Internet Explorer to close and reopen the tab". However if I use Firefox the website is fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks

A:Cant open site with IE9 but can with Firefox

It works for me in IE9, do you have it listed in your blocked or untrusted sites?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/414687/cant-open-site-with-ie9-but-can-with-firefox/
Relevancy 45.58%

I think my PC got some virus! I am not sure. When I use youtube it never opens and message popups
"YOUTUBE IS BANNED YOU FIIL, THE ADMNISTRATORS DIDNT WRITE THIS PROGRAM GUESS WHO DID? MUHAHAHA!!!!( WHIH FUNNY LOUGHING NOICE)
COULD YOU HELP ME PLEASE.

A:I cannot open youtube site.

did you do any kind of virus scan? or spy ware scans? i would start there first. do you have any anti virus on your pc?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-cannot-open-youtube-site.650224/
Relevancy 45.58%

I hope I m on the right thread as I think this is security related but I m not experienced site open cannot the internet IE enough to know I tried to put a screen shot here but it failed Anyway this gets confusing to me Going to a website the site does open but as soon as it does a dialog box appears on top of it that says Internet Explorer cannot open the internet site Operation Aborted But the site is right IE cannot open the internet site there in full view So IE cannot open the internet site when I close the dialog box the website also closes I thought the website was under attack by a denial of service thing So I went to another site and it opened with no problem BUT when I clicked onto a link from within that other site once again I got the dialog box opening saying Operation Aborted All that makes me now think it s my computer under some kind of attack but I haven t a clue from where I have AV running NOD from eset I have run scans for AV and syyware I have aSquared running anti-spy in background I use Spybot S amp D and Spyware Blaster Have also used Windows own Live One Care to run an AV scan None of the above find anything wrong on my pc as a sidenote pc is very sluggish and takes forever to open many web pages and I have not been able to open Wiredness at all since late last night But since some pages open properly I put it down to possible problems with Wiredness site Hope I ccan get some help Thank You Kindly jayd nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-cannot-open-the-internet-site.736250/
Relevancy 44.72%

When I click on icon the site does not open and I get a message ;'this file does nothave a program associated with it for performing this action > Create an association in the Folder Options control panel " Pls help

A:When I click on icon site does not open

Welcome to TSF

Look over this link

http://support.microsoft.com/default...&product=winxp

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/when-i-click-on-icon-site-does-not-open-306374.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi there,

I have a problem with a server (win server 2003)that was connecting well to my ftp site on the local network but for some strange reason is no longer able to. If i try and ping the ftp server, the network seems ok, but when i try to open my ftp site then i get this error msg about connection time out. The firewall is turned off so. Any one out there with an idea what this could be?

A:Connection time out when trying to open my ftp site

Try CCleaner to clear all your temporary files.

Then test again

Still the same?
Temporarily turn off any firewall, and test again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connection-time-out-when-trying-to-open-my-ftp-site.106755/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a site that I belong to paid and have been on for over a year Last week I stopped being able to access it I can access it from work and from my phone so I know the site is still up I cannot access it from my Mac At about the same time my outgoing mail also stopped working I unplugged my router and airport and plugged them back in on Unable to wireless one Mac. site a open and the mail now works fine but I still cannot access the site I also plugged in my old Dell laptop and tried accessing the site on that with the same results I cannot access it I can access all other sites that I have tried When I try to access this one it says quot Safari can t open the page because the server where the page is located is not responding quot I saw a post on here about changing Unable to open one site on a wireless Mac. the Mac address on Unable to open one site on a wireless Mac. the router I don t have a clue what that means My router is a Comtrend CT- T My provider is DSL Extreme My computer is a MacBook Pro running either Snow Leopard or Leopard whichever one is newer The operating system is Mac OS X My Safari is version If anyone can shed some light on this Unable to open one site on a wireless Mac. I would be eternally grateful Just remember I need complete instructions as I am far from being proficient here I am a whiz with software but I don t know a thing about hardware Thank you in advance for any help you care to give nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-open-one-site-on-a-wireless-mac.1038911/
Relevancy 44.72%

using windows 7, getting an error on IE 8 or firefox,

please see attached. On my other PC it works, any ideas why? how should I configure it, thanks,

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,
I find it impossible to access some secure pages (Mostly the secure sites of various banks.) from firefox, opera or chrome. They specifically ask for IW6 or above.
Is there a workaround since I am using Linux and Firefox?
Hari

A:How to open IE Specific Site in Firefox

Hi, welcome to TSF

There is this addon - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419 but I don't know if it works with Linux.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/how-to-open-ie-specific-site-in-firefox-299686.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,
I was browsing on Sim-outhouse (a flight sim site) last night and pages stoped loading. Tried back a few hours latter and the site still failed to open, in both Explorer 9 and Firefoz 7.0.1 I had asumed the server had gone down until I used an is it down service and asked a friend to check. I've established that it is just me that is unable to get in. So far I hanot found any other sites causing problems.

I have flushed my dns cache, deleted all cookies and temp files before finally trying a system restore. Nothing has worked so far, in fact the system restore was not sucessful, I recieved a 0x80070005 error after trying the two most recent restore points.

Any ideas guys?

Explorer 9.0/Firefox 7.0.1

Craig

A:Site wont open on one machine

Nevermind, had a power cut and now I'm able to get back in.

Craig

edit: disregard that, its at it again....

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/424188/site-wont-open-on-one-machine/
Relevancy 44.72%

When I have open my gmail Accont that time display this msg only in my System

"Internet Explorer can not open the Internet Site http://mail.google.com/mail/?shva=1."

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-explorer-cant-open-site-271858.html
Relevancy 44.72%

hello guys,

since last couple of days i am not able to access my yahoo mail or yahoo messenger. other than yahoo all other websites are accessible and they all open up. i am not able to open yahoo website or messenger or anything on yahoo. i tried to remove the cookies and temp files but to no luck.

what could be the reason and what is the solution to this problem?.....anybody?

thanks in advance

A:Cannot open only YAHOO site or messenger

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 11:07:22 AM, on 11/30/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.17184)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Service\AdskScSrv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3dsMax8\mentalray\satellite\raysat_3dsmax8server.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\pctspk.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\NEW\Desktop\New Folder (5)\Suraj VO\volumouse\volumouse.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\try\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
O2 - BHO: IE7Pro - {00011268-E188-40DF-A514-835FCD78B1BF} - C:\Program Files\IEPro\iepro.dll
O2 - BHO: VirtualCamera IEMenu Class - {0246A1A7-820A-469A-85A7-7B7F01EB808C} - C:\Program Files\VirtualCamera\VirtualCameraMenu.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: ofb1 - {3E1500AC-87A5-416b-A211-82E848649DA9} - C:\PROGRA~1\Ofb1\Ofb1.dll
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: QUICKfind BHO Object - {C08DF07A-3E49-4E25-9AB0-D3882835F153} - C:\PROGRA~1\TEXTware\QUICKF~1\PlugIns\IEHelp.dll
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe" -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [$Volumouse$] "C:\Documents and Settings\NEW\Desktop\New Folder (5)\Suraj VO\volumouse\volumouse.exe" /nodlg
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKLM\..\Policies\Explorer\Run: [wskrnl] "C:\WINDOWS\system32\wskrnl.exe" -at
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\RunOnce: [RunNarrator] Narrator.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'Default user')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-open-only-yahoo-site-or-messenger.774457/
Relevancy 44.72%

This was possible in IE7 & 8. But I don't see this option in 9. I REALLY hope the didn't get rid of it, because it was really nice for FTP'ing.

Anyone know if it's still there?

Edit: Nevermind.

"To view this FTP site in Windows Explorer: press Alt, click View, and then click Open FTP Site in Windows Explorer."

A:IE9 - Open FTP site in Windows Explorer

I don't have that option...

It must be dependent on whether or not you're already viewing an FTP

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/156141-ie9-open-ftp-site-windows-explorer.html
Relevancy 44.72%

We have an intranet site named as Employee Self Service (ESS). In my lap top I am unable to open the login page of the site. But I am accesing the same site in any other office desktops. Kindly help me out how to get rid of this problem.

Relevancy 44.72%

I cannot open the apple.com or apple.com.au sites in either FF or IE8.

I think it is a Quicktime issue but I have tried uninstalling/installing without success.

I have no idea where to start

In IE I get the little rotating ring and a blank page, in FF i may get part of a page to load but often I get the little rotating thingy with "waiting for images.apple.com" in the bottom LH corner..

This is on my Vista home premium install

A:Cannot open apple.com site pages

I have just installed Safari and it too has similar issues...

I can open apple.com/startpage in all three browsers but thereafter if I click on the support tab it just sits there.... and may/may not load after a long time.

It only happens on my VISTA installation, 3 imacs, XP, XP pro and W7 all run just fine with FF and/or Safari

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/276153-cannot-open-apple-com-site-pages.html
Relevancy 44.72%

i want to open site through "ULTRA SURF" program,but IE can not load page!what should i do?

A:IE can't open site through ULTRA SURF

Hello and welcome to the forum.

What version of IE do you have?

Is this on a work computer or personal computer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-cant-open-site-through-ultra-surf-540875.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi.

Logged into my bank acct, and want to d/l my pdf statement, which is a link. I click the link, and I got a message saying "for your protection, IE has blocked you from d/l this file".

I turned off pop-up blocker, but still get that message.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

A:Cant open pdf from site even tho I turned off pop-up blocker

jasong,
Please fill out your system specs.

What version of IE are you using?

Update your SevenForums System Specs
User CP (located on the top menu bar) |
Your Profile | Edit System Spec (left-hand column)

To gather info, use Speccy (my favorite) or SIW or System Info

Add the word laptop or desktop or netbook to the
“system manufacturer” block, for example,
Toshiba Satellite L305D notebook.

Provide full windows version info, for example:
MS Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit

Use the “Other Info” block for Optical Reader,
Mouse, touchpad, wifi adapter, speakers, monitor, etc

Scroll down and click on SAVE CHANGES.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/227943-cant-open-pdf-site-even-tho-i-turned-off-pop-up-blocker.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C hp support hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard On-Screen OSD Indicator OSD exe C Program Files HP to as opens open a ie when 6 well another site specific i ie HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Volume Panel VolPanlu exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files My Book WD Backup uBBMonitor exe C when i open ie 6 another ie opens as well to a specific site Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows system schtasks exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Windows system when i open ie 6 another ie opens as well to a specific site jusched exe C hp kbd kbd exe C Windows System WDBtnMgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp clipbook exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil c exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system conime exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll file missing O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp BHO dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar no name - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - no file O - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-i-open-ie-6-another-ie-opens-as-well-to-a-specific-site.740185/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello,

I have a Cable internet connection. (320 kbps)
I cannot open a particular site sometimes when other sites are opening !

But the same site opens anytime from my another pc which uses a ADSL connection !

So is there a problem with my ISP or some settings in my PC !

The site mentioned above is :: Travian com7 !

Thanks

A:Browser doesnt open a particular site sometimes!

What browser are you using?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/177469-browser-doesnt-open-particular-site-sometimes.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi, I posted last weekend. I'm really ever on this computer on the weekends to work on my homework.  I had a great helper, who had me download and run all sorts of things to try to clear up my issues.  Unfortunately, it didn't fix the issue.  It sounds as though there's an ad or video playing, but it's choppy like it's not playing correctly.  The thing is, I had no sites open at that point, and when it is happening, there are never sites where a video is playing open at all!  I put the speakers on mute so I don't have to deal with the noise, but when the computer is doing this, everything runs super slowly.  What can I do to fix this bleeping computer?!

A:sounds like ads playing, no site open

What I ran last weekend (according to what is now on my desktop: minitoolbox, adwcleaner, jrt, and fss.  No improvements.  I really don't want to have to buy a new computer right now.  But I need a computer for my PhD program.  And this one is now having issues opening and running things.  I keep having to restart it, but when i do, half the time it doesn't boot back up. It just goes indefinitely to a black screen, but the white mouse is visible and movable.  

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/518196/sounds-like-ads-playing-no-site-open/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi Hope someone "not this open error trying to able download site"...when to IE6 can IE6 error "not able to open this site"...when trying to download help I've got an old Windows SE with IE VERY SLOW Trying to download fixes Firefox whatever same message everytime in the Microsoft IE dialog pop up ie Internet Explorer cannot download Firefox Setup exe from mirror cc vt edu Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found Please try again later This is on ANY site I try to download from with the exception of Windows updates I wanted to try uninstalling IE and reinstalling or trying Firefox to see if that helps I also can't view any quot players quot on websites like youtube player They are just blank on the screen I did try the IE repair from the Add remove area That would have been way too easy No good Any suggestions what else I can try Hard to fix somethig when you can't download any fixes thanks so much ken

A:IE6 error "not able to open this site"...when trying to download

Download them onto another computer and put them on CD.
Try installing them that way.

First thing I would try with Windows 98 is SuperAntiSpyware.
www.superantispyware.com

Download it and install it. When it asks to do the updates dont
Do the full scan. It could take several hours then reboot.
That is at least the first pass.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/185567/ie6-error-not-able-to-open-this-sitewhen-trying-to-download/
Relevancy 44.72%

Whenever I try to search from my google toolbar or even go to the site the page doesn't open. It just started happening about 2 weeks ago. At first I would get diverted to releventwebsearches, but only on the first search result. Then I could not even open the site. It also happened on yahoo and msn searches. I ran Mcafee scan also Adware,spybot, and malewarebyte,still didn't fix the problem. I was using IE8 and installed new service pak. I installed fire fox but still having same problems. Can someone please HELP!!!&

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/google-site-doesnt-open.829523/
Relevancy 44.72%

Just d/l IE8 for my Vista machine. Go to www.chevrolet.com and click on "build and price" and you just get a blank screen with the little error sign down in the bottom left of the window. Here is what it says:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; InfoPath.2)
Timestamp: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 00:55:02 UTC

Line: 14475
Char: 3
Code: 0
URI: http://prod3.gmautobuilder.com/Build...33F.cache.html

Now, what do I have to do to fix?????????????????

Thanks.

A:IE8 will not open site. Have error message.

Could you please let me know that Are you this issue with some specific sites ??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie8-will-not-open-site-have-error-message-357990.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,

I am using Sony Vaio T series laptop with Windows 7.

Everything was working fine for me for the first few months. Suddenly youtube and anyother site having videos is not opening.

On clicking the youtube link, getting redirected to a site called http://www.parking.ps/

I formatted my laptop and have kaspersky 2013 antivirus installed. Still not able to resolve the problem.

Adobe Flash Player 11 installed for 32 bit. Checked the host file, no blocking entries present. Deleted all cookies and temp internet files. Still issue not resolved.

Can you please help to resolve the problem

Thanks
Madhurima

A:Cannot open youtube or any other site having videos

Madhurima

Welcome to SevenForums

Click here DDS

Click on Download Now button

When the download is complete . Drag the DDS program from the Downloads folder to your Desktop

Double click the DDS icon on the Desktop then click the Run button to run the tool.

Place a check next to attact.txt and click Start . When done, DDS will open two logs DDS.txt
Attach.txt

Save two logs onto your desktop and upload them with your reply

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/297204-cannot-open-youtube-any-other-site-having-videos.html
Relevancy 44.72%

HI,

Does anyone know why I can't open the Google site? I type it in the address bar but
it won't open. I can open other sites that are on my desktop or my browers bar BUT when I type in the address's in the address barit does not open. Is this an Internet Exporer issue?

Thanks.

Relevancy 44.29%

Each time I select a new website from my Favorites it replaces the existing open tab with the new selection. I want a new separate tab to open with each new selection, leaving the previous tabs in place and functional. Changing settings in Tools has not accomplished this so far. I do not want to have to "open (ctrl I)" a new tab before making the selection from my Favorites, etc. What am I missing and how can I have a new separate tab opened each time I make a new choice? I have most of my favorite sites on my Favorites Bar and switch between them often.

Have been using Avant Browser and it allows all tabs to remain as others are added. Easy to switch back and forth as needed.

Many thanks!

A:IE9 tabs-selecting new site replaces open tab. Not what I want to do.

Right-click your favorite (website) and select 'open in new tab'

It is not a global setting, however, and you would need to do it every time. I am not aware of a global setting that does this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/243294-ie9-tabs-selecting-new-site-replaces-open-tab-not-what-i-want-do.html
Relevancy 44.29%

We are a 3 people company and since last week strange things have been happening. Last week we cannot open our own web site and receive emails (we have a wifi). But we are able to go other web sites, just not our web site. When we called our internet provider (Champion Broadband)'s customer service, they suggested to change the router. We went to Best Buy and bought a new one. After installation, we are able to go to our web site and get emails again. This morning, the same thing happened again. We cannot go to our web site and check emails. Do we need to buy another router? Is the issue with the router? Some people say it's our firewall but how come we are able to go to any other web sites. Any help is appreciated.

PS: The router is D-Link and we also had a NetGear N600

A:Can't open our own web site at the office/receive emails

The first thing that I would check to see is if the machine will go to your site in safmode with networking.

If no dice then please send me the log below in your next reply.

Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Flush DNSReset FF proxy SettingsReset Ie Proxy SettingsReport IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Devices (problems only)Click Go and post the result.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/499814/cant-open-our-own-web-site-at-the-officereceive-emails/
Relevancy 44.29%

any suggestions here is her hjt log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv any getting is site trying internet when to 403 open mother error exe C mother is getting 403 error when trying to open any internet site Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS system pctspk exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X LMPDPSRV EXE C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C mother is getting 403 error when trying to open any internet site Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files Support com bin tgcmd exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exe C Program Files Lexmark X LEX SU exe C PROGRAM FILES MICROSOFT ACTIVESYNC WCESCOMM EXE C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C unzipped hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www comcast net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Comcast R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer sas r attbi com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride r attbi com O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA YAHOO COMPAN INSTALLS cpn ycomp dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp mother is getting 403 error when trying to open any internet site Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA YAHOO COMPAN INSTALLS cpn ycomp dll O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run LMPDPSRV C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X LMPDPSRV EXE O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SAClient quot C Program Files Comcast BBClient Programs RegCon exe quot admincheck O - HKLM Run ComcastSUPPORT C Program Files Support com bin tgkill exe cleaneahtioga start O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run WinampAgent C Program Files Winamp winampa exe O - HKCU Run H PC Connection Agent quot C PROGRAM FILES MICROSOFT ACTIVESYNC WCESCOMM EXE quot O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - Global Startup Microsoft Works Calendar Reminders lnk C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exe O - Global Startup Lexmark X Settings Utility lnk C Program Files Lexmark X LEX SU exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console HKLM O - Extra button Create Mobile Favorite HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Create Mobile Favorite HKLM O - Extra button Messenger HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Yahoo Messenger HKLM O - Extra button AIM HKLM O - Extra button Real com HKLM O - Extra button C Program Files Messenger Msgslang dll - HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem C Program Files Messenger Msgslang dll - HKLM O - Extra button ComcastHSI HKCU O - Extra button Support HKCU O - Extra button Help HKCU O - IERESET INF START PAGE URL http www comcast net O - DPF ChatSpace Java Client - http chat facethejury com Java cs ms cab O - DPF Yahoo Fleet - http download games yahoo com games clients y fltt x cab O - DPF Yahoo Literati - http download games yahoo com games clients y tt x cab O - DPF Yahoo Poker - http dow... Read more

A:mother is getting 403 error when trying to open any internet site

Hello Nyeh,

This is what I suggest you do first.

Make sure you have the up-to-date versions of Spybot, Ad-aware and HijackThis. All are free and available bellow.

Download Spybot, install and update. Then download Ad-aware, install, and update.

Spybot:
Go to Start > Programs >Spybot > Search & Destroy and choose Spybot S&D

Close ALL windows except Spybot S&D
Click the button to "Search for Updates" and download and install the Updates.
Next click the button "Check for Problems"
When Spybot is complete, it will be showing "RED" (RED) entries "BLACK" entries and "GREEN" (GREEN) entries in the window
Put a check mark beside the RED (RED) entries ONLY.
Choose "Fix Selected Problems" and allow Spybot to fix the RED (RED) entries.

Ad-Aware FULL SCAN:

Install the program and launch it.

First in the main window look in the bottom right corner and click on Check for updates now then click Connect and download the latest reference files.

From main window :Click Start then under Select a scan Mode tick Perform full system scan.

Next deselect Search for negligible risk entries.

Now to scan just click the Next button.

When the scan is finished mark everything for removal and get rid of it.(Right-click the window and choose select all from the drop down menu and click Next)

Before restart, Empty Recycle Bin.

Restart your computer.

Delete the HijackThis you have now. It needs updated.

Download HijackThis from link in my signature. Save it to a permanent folder (I create a new folder in C:\ named HJT). Open and hit scan, then save log. Once it is saved it will open in notepad. Select all from the edit button, copy and paste the results here. Don't fix anything with it yet! Someone experienced with the logs will advise you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mother-is-getting-403-error-when-trying-to-open-any-internet-site.265153/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello Fellow members,

I I just lost an important function. When I store important websites I'm working on, I just type the complete URL on the Wordpad page I'm working on. For, instance, http://www.google.com
Then when I click on the URL it will open up the website. Somehow, I just lost that capability. How do I get it back.

Brian

A:How do I click on a URL I typed in Wordpad and get it to open site.

Welcome to Seven Forums sydney14. I can open wordpad and type an address that then becomes a hyperlink as you mentioned. Saving it saves as a Word document for me however as I have Office installed. When you type the address, do you include the http:// part as well? Does the link appear blue as if it should be clickable? If you press the Ctrl button, then click does it open then? If you have a restore point from just before the problem started, that may be the easiest fix.

System Restore

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/229124-how-do-i-click-url-i-typed-wordpad-get-open-site.html
Relevancy 44.29%

My son's laptop has Windows 10 as its OS, the latest version of Firefox, no antivirus (just Windows Defender). When he tries to open Google, a message comes up that the site is insecure, and there is no possibility to add a certificate. Does anyone know how to get around this? I've tried the various things suggested online, but Google will just not open (even though it will open if he uses Edge or Chrome as a browser).

Florio

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/65190-google-wont-open-firefox-insecure-site.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I know I have a virus again Or have NOT fully rid myself of one I thought I Operation Internet IE site....www.whatever.com cannot Aborted open had eliminated weeks ago I noticed that I was having trouble accessing some web sites when I was logged on as ME It appeared to be shut me out alphbetically As I IE cannot open Internet site....www.whatever.com Operation Aborted could not access Burchperch blogspot com and then Calendars com I AM able to function if I log on as the administrator IE cannot open Internet site....www.whatever.com Operation Aborted but I am worried that this thing will disable this quot side quot as well A friend suggested that something has wormed itself into my Registry I am not savvy enough to know what to do about that He said to run The Non Pro version of Glary Utilities or The Online Safety Scanner I am did run Glary and it found errors but one has to BUY their product to completely rid myself of the errors ALSO I have Secunia installed and it continues to warn me that I have programs that are insecure or IE cannot open Internet site....www.whatever.com Operation Aborted at end-of life but when I click on quot Solution quot it will not connect so I do not know what to do to correct the problems so here I am again HELP PLEASE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/365871/ie-cannot-open-internet-sitewwwwhatevercom-operation-aborted/
Relevancy 44.29%

sir, kindly help me as i am unable to open www.indianrail.gov.in site in my any explorer as firefox,opera or ie7 and this problem is also with windows 7 too as i have duel boot one is xp and other is win7. thanks

A:indian railways site is not open in any browser

Make sure it's not in your restricted sites list (which transferred with preferences when setting up your additional browser). Also, see if it's barred in your firewall.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/indian-railways-site-is-not-open-in-any-browser-489710.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi,
I have seen a thread before, with the same problem but it was ages ago, so i am making this thing again...

Although i did use the advices from that thread, but all are not applicable.

I ran registry cleaner, deleted temporary files, downloaded a trial version of Kaspersky, w/o updating it.

i am uploading a picture take a look, these are the known not deleted viruses with kaspersky,
what should i do here?

A:Cannot update Antivitus, cannot open any antivirus site

Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/cannot-update-antivitus-cannot-open-any-antivirus-site-396772.html