Windows Support Forum

Mobo issue? Custom build won't start anymore

Q: Mobo issue? Custom build won't start anymore

Hello,

I just finished assembling my first build. At first it turned on without a hitch, was able to install windows and a few drivers.

I had to restart a few times, which went fine for the first few times, and then it just didn't boot back up. The power button doesn't do anything, the fans don't start, nothing happens.

When I jump the psu, all the fans start, so I'm thinking the issue must be with the mobo..

Here's a list of all the parts I'm using : http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/JFVvD3

Thanks.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Mobo issue? Custom build won't start anymore

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Mobo issue? Custom build won't start anymore

First, are any wires touching that might be causing a short such as a wire touching the back of the mobo? Second, I had something similar happen to me a few years ago with a new build. There is a tried and true though often tedious way that can help diagnose possible issues.

1. Remove all hardware except for one RAM stick from the motherboard and this includes Sata and fan connections to peripherals such as your SSD, etc,

2. Now see if the system boots with only the one RAM stick. If it boots then shut down add the second stick of RAM and then reboot. If it boots then repeat by adding a piece at a time.

3. If is doesn't boot then it is either your mobo or your power supply. Also, check to see if your heat sink is seated correctly.

BTW, nice little system there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-issue-custom-build-wont-start-anymore.205000/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello all thanks for trying to help me,

I am a first time PC builder that has put his computer together and it will not start up.

I push the on button, Light comes on, fans and hard drive start up but then the system turns off. I would say the process is about 1 second overall. Here are my pc spec's.

Intel i5 2500k
ASUS z68 lx motherboard
500gb Seagate baracuda
OCZ 750watt power supply
8GB G-Skill Ripgaw RAM

I am a noob at this kind of thing so all help will be greatly apprietiated, Thanks,

Sam

A:New custom PC build that will not start up

Make sure the motherboard isn't touching anything it shouldn't.

Sounds like it could be shorting out.

Passed that it could be an psu issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-custom-pc-build-that-will-not-start-up.177752/
Relevancy 71.81%

So I want to make this as detailed as possible so first my specs MB MSI A-G AMD AM R Mobo VGA ASUS GTX Build no post issue. Custom TI-DC OC- GD R Video Card PSU TT SP- PCBUS W R Power Supply CPU AMD -CORE FX- G M R Processor MEM Gx GSKILL F - CL D- GBXL Ram HD G WD SATAIII WD AAKX Hard Drive The Situation So I got the computer with all these parts yesterday assembled it myself Turned it on nothing No post but my hmdi monitor is recognizing the connection because it doesn t stay in sleep mode when the pc is turned on Opened it up this morning took out a stick of ram and tried again Now I m being told quot Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Custom Build no post issue. Boot device and press a key quot So I press a key and nothing happens Reboot and can t get into the bios to change boot settings I see a MSI logo screen appear for just a few seconds then it goes away to the above message If I disconnect everythign except cpu i get one beep and two after that Custom Build no post issue. in quick succession Let me Custom Build no post issue. know if I left anything out or if you just need more info I was so excited to get this build up and going but noooo Anyways I m new to the site thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 71.81%

So I made a thread some months back about this issue but had troubles figuring out the problem cause I didn t have the PC at the time Long story short I had a functioning PC mailed it to a with build Strange custom issue a friend via FedEx and upon arrival it no longer worked properly What seems to happen is upon start up it will show the boot screen but there are two giant white lines across the screen and everything is off center It then tries to boot into Windows but goes to a BSOD except its all scrambled up and unreadable then the system shuts off I tried removing and reinserting the GPU and HDD but had no success with that same problem Strange issue with a custom build would happen I thought maybe it was the GPU so I took it out of the system and actually put the GPU from my newer system into it First time it booted it up it did go into Windows but it was stuck in -bit mode until I installed the drivers My newer card is also an NVIDIA card and not an AMD like the old one Once I uninstalled the AMD Drivers and installed the Nividia ones it loaded up properly But out of curiousity I decided to put the AMD GPU into my current system and not the broken one and power it on just to see if the same sorta screen problem would happen However it actually worked fine just it didn t display the correct resolution because there s no AMD drivers on my newer system So I put the card back into the old system tried booting it up same problem happened Screen would have white lines and then scrambled BSOD So far I have unplugged the GPU completely unplugged and the HDD and reset the CMOS Though I am not sure I did this properly I did remove the battery from the MOBO while the system was powered off but didn t attempt to turn it on while removed to try and drain any excess power from the system Any ideas what might be causing this issue though It s just strange to me that this system doesn t seem to want to load properly with the original video card I had in it despite the card working in a different system and the system working fine with a different card Here are the specs for my old system MOBO GIGABYTE GA-EP -UD L LGA Intel P ATX Intel Motherboard GPU PowerColor AX GBD -HM Radeon HD GB -Bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card CPU Intel Core Duo E Wolfdale Dual-Core GHz LGA W Processor BX E HDD Western Digital WD Blue WD AAKS GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive RAM G SKILL GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBPQ For my new one if needed OS Version Microsoft Windows Pro bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASRock H M nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-issue-with-a-custom-build.1136927/
Relevancy 70.95%

I'm looking at custom start orbs on deviantart but they all seem to only be for build 7600. I am trying to find one that goes with the icons and theme that I also found on deviantart. Any help would be appreciated.

screenshot of taskbar

A:Custom start orb on build 7100

steelOrb for Windows 7 by ~AP-GRAPHIK on deviantART

steelOrb small for Windows 7 by ~AP-GRAPHIK on deviantART

steelOrb square for Windows 7 by ~AP-GRAPHIK on deviantART

These ones are great. Im currently running the RC build 7100 as well, and i have custom orbs working for me. All you need is a program called Restorator and the .bmp file of the orb.

This is a great tutorial that i used

How To Change The Windows 7 Start Orb | Icon Packs | Windows Tools, Help & Guides

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/48109-custom-start-orb-build-7100-a.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I have a custom built gaming pc that I put together a little over a month ago, and everything has been running silky smooth, no problems at all, until recently of course. Last night I was doing some gaming on Battlefield 3, then typed up a quick paper for one of my classes and shut it down. This morning I turned on my computer and after about 5 seconds, it freezes at a black screen with "B2" displayed at the bottom in the usual white start-up text. It refuses to even boot into the bios. I fear this might be a motherboard issue, but I wanted to get some input in before diving into the problem.

My specs are as follows:
CPU: i5 2500k (OC to 4.5)
GPU: Galaxy GTX 570
Motherboard: MSI Z68A-GD80 Gen 3
RAM:CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

A:Custom Build Start-Up Trouble

Hello, yeah it could be the motherboard, but first just start taking out components until the computer starts. You can also get a flash light and see if any capacitors are bulging or exploded on your motherboard and video card.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/426152/custom-build-start-up-trouble/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello I've been having a BSOD issue that started last month. It has happened 7 times and i've ran memtest and checked my hard drives and they appear to running smoothly. The issue occurs when my computer has been left on for a while and often begins with the screen blurring and sound going haywire which leads to think it may be a graphics card issue. :-/ This PC is only about a year old.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: 8720C008
BCP2: 92DA553E
BCP3: C000009A
BCP4: 00000004
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Relevancy 69.23%

I am getting various BSODs after installing Windows and if hardware or issue can't build driver BSOD in custom Multiple tell still haven't figured out the cause of the problem and what I need to do to fix it Here is a log of what I did problems I experienced don't know if helpful -installed windows drivers for motherboard gpu and wireless adapter -installed avast various softwares chrome borderlands -could not start borderlands encountered a problem and had to close with no explaination -tried to Multiple BSOD in custom build can't tell if driver or hardware issue install path of exile skyrim BSOD during install process pfn list corrupt irql not less equal others -Uninstalled Avast and fixed the Avast issue ran whocrashed Multiple BSOD in custom build can't tell if driver or hardware issue and listed Avast as a cause -Updated motherboard BIOS to BSOD problem persists with game installs chrome still crashes a couple times Aw Snap crashes -Installed windows got BSOD during installation process but was able to boot to OS windows files located in windows old folder -installed motherboard drivers directly from website installed GPU drivers from disc did not upgrade installed wireless drivers from website -could not install VGA driver from website due to compatibility error -installed various software tried to install skyrim still BSOD -tried to delete windows old file but some parts are still left out don't know if this is an issue or not -memtest overnight with both memory sticks attached passes -bluescreenview all BSOD have ntoskrnl exe highlighted in red some have ntoskrnl and other drivers highlighted -chkdsk didn't come up with anything -sfc scannow located a problem but was unable to fix -ran DLGDIAG HDD website and passed but SMART lists the HDD as FAIL -getting multiple appcrashes and BEX problems from chrome windows and internet explorer throughout -went into safe mode and successfully installed skyrim a BSOD source -cannot open skyrim and quot program might not have installed correctly quot pops up -installed malwarebytes but after install gave appcrash and comp froze requiring manual boot -ran sfc scannow and got Memory Management BSOD could not complete scannow -rebooted and successfully ran sfc scannow still shows a problem but could not fix Thanks for the help in advance

A:Multiple BSOD in custom build can't tell if driver or hardware issue

Hi,

Your installation is counterfeit activated using the LENOVO (BLACKLISTED!) key.
There is no point analysing your issue as your system may be compromised by the Activation
exploit used.

The best course of action is to:Purchase a legitimate Windows 7 licence.
Format the HDD.
Reinstall Windows and activate.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/301473-multiple-bsod-custom-build-cant-tell-if-driver-hardware-issue.html
Relevancy 69.23%

So in short my problem is that my computer turns on but doesn't boot the OS leaving me staring at a blank screen The issue started a while back when i upgraded the wireless adapter in my computer the adapter i was using was starting not to function properly so i purchased a new one the one i had originally was an ASUS PCE-N and the one i bought to replace it was a TP-LINK N and both of them are PCI adapters When i Boot confusing with Complex custom 8.1 windows build issue on and went to swap out the parts the instructions for the ASUS adapter said that before changing adapters i had to uninstall the ASUS drivers that for the adapter however when i uninstalled the drivers the uninstall failed halfway through and blue screened my computer the error code it gave was IQRL NOT LESS OR EQUAL then the computer restarted itself and sent me back to the login page When i tried to type in the password for my account it blue screened again with the same error code This happened five or six more times before i gave up and just cut the power and swapped the ASUS adapter with the TP-LINK Complex and confusing Boot issue with windows 8.1 on custom build one This actually stopped the blue screen from comming up However now my computer wouldn't boot every time i turned it on and i had to cycle to power a few times to get it to boot up properly However once it got started i wouldn't have any issues After doing some searching i found that the drivers for the ASUS adapter had not been fully removed so i went and tried to remove them again in the hopes that it would solve my boot issues Then during the uninstall a window popped up telling me that in order to remove the drivers the ASUS adapter had to be in the computer so i turned off the computer and swapped the adapter back to the ASUS one When i turned my machine on the same thing as before happened sign in blue screen restart sign in blue screen restart ect Since that wasn't getting me anywhere i cut the power again and swapped it back to the TP-LINK adapter But this time the problem had gotten worse the computer wouldn't boot at all I have no idea how to fix this so any help whatsoever would be deeply appreciated Things I Have Tried using the ASUS adapter using the TP-LINK adapter removing the adapter entirely removing the GPU removing the drive removing the drive and trying to make it boot of the windows OEM disc trying to boot a different OS of a completely different drive a friend lent me a hard drive he used for testing PCs it used linux and nothing came up trying to boot my drive on a different computer problem is probably a lot bigger than a bad driver because now the second computer i used to test my drive has the exact same issue

A:Complex and confusing Boot issue with windows 8.1 on custom build

I really need some help on this since i have a lot of important files on this computer does anyone know a fix for this

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585872/complex-and-confusing-boot-issue-with-windows-81-on-custom-build/
Relevancy 65.79%

I installed a custom start orb a little over two weeks ago with the program Start Orb Changer. Once in a blue moon when I shut the PC down and restart the next morning the start orb changes to the default start orb. It did the same thing this morning when I booted up my PC. It doesn,t do it everytime I shutdown but at random times. Any ideas on what might be causing the custom orb to change to the default one? Thanks.

A:Custom Start Orb Issue

Did you use 'Windows 7 Start Orb Changer'?

If you did, run it as Administrator and click on Restore. After the start orb has been restored, change it again to your custom one, remembering to run the tool as Admin.

If this still doesn't work, try option two in the below tutorial to change it via a Resource Editor.
Start Menu Button - Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/185636-custom-start-orb-issue.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello all,

Been a niggling issue for a while, just gotten around to dealing with the problem. These are my system specifications:

Intel Core 2 Duo 3 GHz Processor
Gygabyte GA-EP35-DS3
Indescribable RAM/Two sticks
Very generic 400W PSU
Nvidia 8400GS Card (to be replaced with something better anyway)

The computer will boot from the Windows XP install CD, go through the formatting/extracting without issue. However, when it reboots to enter the actual system install screens (when it gets graphical), it freezes and hangs.

Could this be a weak PSU issue, or perhaps because the RAM is crappy?

Thanks for all inputs!

A:New build freezing at start-up: possible PSU or RAM issue?

We're assuming that this generic power supply came with the case. If so with few exceptions a power supply that comes with a case is of very poor quality and rarely supplies the power it promises to deliver.

A poor power supply will cause many system issues.

If you want to find the make of your RAM download the free and safe utility SIW and it will tell you the make of your RAM and all kinds of other information of your system as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-freezing-at-start-up-possible-psu-or-ram-issue.148512/
Relevancy 60.2%

Putting together a build for a friend however I believe the motherboard may have been damaged or was fans off Build, no New mobo, beeps fan psu cpu not Mobo light, case powers green damaged upon my taking part New Build, Mobo green light, psu powers case fans off mobo, not cpu fan no beeps in the build I assembled the parts a w thermaltake psu an asus mobo e intel processor western digital hard drive New Build, Mobo green light, psu powers case fans off mobo, not cpu fan no beeps gigs of GSkill ati hd gpu and an LG dvd drive Posted gave an error message about cpu fan error I google it it seemed to be relatively harmless While in the bios the computer s signal disappeared I attempted a reboot to no avail No error codes cpu fan stopped spinning Removed memory no error code removed no error code case fan connected to the motherboard spins when powered on motherboard shows green light no signal detected I tested the processor in another rig and it worked fine and the cpu fan spun fine Tested another power supply with said motherboard and the motherboard fan would not spin and it would not post and no error codes Is my motherboard dead Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:New Build, Mobo green light, psu powers case fans off mobo, not cpu fan no beeps

check and recheck the connections on the board, if unsuccessful, make sure you haven t short-circuited the mobo, ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-mobo-green-light-psu-powers-case-fans-off-mobo-not-cpu-fan-no-beeps.132515/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi I am pretty new to windows installed it yesterday and compared to vista it seems windows explorer in windows doesn't allow me to sort files other than with the predefined fields types size date modified etc here I mean that I can't drag a file manually and drop it where I want in a folder and custom : files sorting in not anymore? explorer it will stay there in the exact postion as we all are used to in previous windows Is that how it was meant to be Are you all getting this behavior too This has a few side effects not being able to manually custom files sorting in explorer : not anymore? reorganise files order made them disable the quot drag between files quot features and now users may end up custom files sorting in explorer : not anymore? dropping on exe or archives and getting unwanted results drag and drop is not as intuitive as before native microsoft applications like the image viewer used to be able to determine custom file sort and it made comparing images with different properties very convenient and it made such microsoft applications really stand out compared to others I am a technically advanced user I understand why they might want to do this as an example the fact it can only be sorted according to a logical and predictable process ensures consistency as to selected sorting method and actual sorting in vista you could have a certain sorting method selected and yet have changed the order manually making the sorting information provided by windows incorrect and inconsistent In short I just want to make sure it is normal that I get this behavior know if this can be reverted or at least if there are ways to make drag and drop more secure for those who still have the habit of the previous explorer because if they really decided to make it that way there might not be many uses left for custom sorting and if you feel like giving your opinion about this change assuming there is one and it isn't just a local problem here would be interesting too thank you

A:custom files sorting in explorer : not anymore?

sorry if I am not allowed to double post

has been read 50 times and no one even confirmed they also have this behavior?

Is it because I didn't explain clearly?

here are 2 pictures from a xp I have installed on a netbook :

this is the same thing I am talking about: you position a file manually and there is a black line letting you know where it will be dropped, and it stays there in that order untill next sort.

As I said in the previous message, I understand why they might want to do this, but first of all I want to make sure you too have lost that feature

thank you

thank you

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/20204-custom-files-sorting-explorer-not-anymore.html
Relevancy 54.18%

i am planning on building a custom desktop for my self and im wanting to try to get as much performance out of the newest i5 processor. this will be my main gamming/meida serving computer
parts im looking at
cpu intell i7 3770k
ram 16gb 2400mhz
gpu 2x gtx 660 ti
motherboard asus rampage iv 79
hard drive 1x 60gb ssdd 1x 500gb 7200rpm
os win 7 ex
cooling custom liquid cooling

my biggest question is weather or not the i7 3770k is worth the almost 50% increase in price. are there any conflicts in the hardware ive listed. how is the performance with the equlivent amd micros??? please no fanbois, i know the whole amd vrs intell war and would like to keep away from the war and get real info, i want info from real world users. ive also heard that the amd processors are better for gamming, Is this true, are there and benchmarks to prove this.

Relevancy 54.18%

hello everyone,il be buying a new pc soon and i setted up the following:

CoolerMaster CASE Silencio RC-550 Black
---
CoolerMaster Silent Pro M1000 RS-A00-AMBA-J3 1000W Modular PSU
---
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T (sAM3, 3,2 GHz, 6MB L3)
---
CoolerMaster V8 CPU Cooler (RR-UV8-XBU1-GP)
---
Gigabyte MB 990FXA-UD5 (sAM3+, DDR3, 990 FX)
---
3x Corsair Vengeance 4GB DDR3-1600 Dimm (1x4GB, PC3-12800, 9-9-9-24, CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9)
---
Corsair Dominator Airflow Fan
---
2x Sapphire 6770 Vapor-X (PCI Express , GDDR5 , 1 GB)
---
Seagate ST31000524AS 1TB HDD 3.5" (32MB Cache, 7200RPM, Sata 6Gb/s)
---
Samsung SH-B123L Internal Blu-ray Combo Drive LightScribe Sata Black
---
total value: 1.241,32

Is there anything to change,any compatibility issues or something that would match better?
Also,could you recommend me an online shop that i could get a better price?
Thanks in advance for any anwsers xD

Relevancy 54.18%

As this is my first custom build PC I would like to confirm that these components are from the cheapest sources and are all compatible with each other I am a PC building noob and I am following a guide http www pcmech com byopc step- -materials-required Is this guide up to date and usable I play source games and I want to be able to record sometimes and get at least fps on most games the graphics quality must be around med-high My components please tell me if I can get it cheaper somewhere else and if they aren t compatible what do I need instead I am building a gaming rig as cheaply as possible without getting fps on every game like I do on my GHz laptop with gb of ram build first PC My custom Case http www amazon co uk Aerocool-Strike-X-Toolless-Tower-Gaming dp B NA A ref sr s computers amp ie UTF amp qid amp sr - amp keywords pc cases Price OS http www ebay co uk itm Microsoft-Windows- -Home-Premium-Oem- -Bit-SP -Operating-System- -Bit- trksid p m amp trkparms algo SIC amp its I amp itu UCI BIA BUA BFICS BUFI My first custom build PC amp otn amp pmod amp ps Price Motherboard http www amazon co uk P Z -V-Motherboard-CrossFireX-Intelligent-Processors dp B KZQE Q ref sr s computers amp ie UTF amp qid amp sr - amp keywords atx motherboard Price CPU http www amazon co uk Intel-Graphics-BX I -Generation-Technology dp My first custom build PC B CV E WK ref sr ie UTF amp qid amp sr - amp keywords Intel Core i - Price RAM http www amazon co uk Corsair-CML rmance dp B E M TU ref cm cr pr product top Price PSU http www ebuyer com -alpine-ii- w-b-white-psu-with- mm-blue-fan-alpine-ii- w-blue Price Keyboard My first custom build PC and Mouse I have a decent mouse Razer DeathAdder so I just need a cheap keyboard http www amazon co uk Octigen-JK- amp sr - amp keywords keyboard productDetails Price Graphics Card http www dabs com products gigabyte-geforce-gtx- -ti- mhz- gb-pci-express- - -hdmi- BP html q Nvidia GeForce GTX Ti amp src Price Thermal paste for CPU http www digitaldevicesonline co uk cooler-master-thermal-grease html Price Monitor I may not need a monitor I might be able to use an old one but if someone can find a small monitor VERY cheaply it would be greatly appreciated http www currys co uk gbuk comput s- -led-backlit-monitor- -pdt html Price Hard Drive http www amazon co uk Western-Digital- GB- RPM-Internal dp B A M ref sr s computers amp ie UTF amp qid amp sr - amp keywords gb hard drive Price DVD Drive http www amazon co uk LiteOn-IHAS - -AllWrite-Height-Internal dp B B SJZQW ref sr s computers amp ie UTF amp qid amp sr - amp keywords Internal DVD-RW Price CPU Cooler http www scan co uk products intel-reference-s -aluminum-copper-base-heat-sink-fan-oem Sound Card I m not too bothered about sound so I went for a cheap one but it needs to be able to play game sounds atleast to an OK standard http www ebuyer com -xenta- -channel-pci-soundcard-l- - c Price Not including monitor it totals around I need to get it cheaper and if I can I will get like a gb ram kit and wait till I have more cash and get the gb ram kit if I need to but I would mainly like to know if I can get my ideal cheaper else where and for things like the RAM I just want gb tell me if I can get a cheaper gb RAM kit for example I appreciate this is a lot of things to go through but I really would appreciate and I heard the TechSpot community is the best around and I m sure you will exceed my expectations Note I AM A COMPLETE NOOB I may have made a huge mistake so don t get angry and please spare me too much technical language nbsp

A:My first custom build PC

As this is my first custom build PC, I would like to confirm that these components are from the cheapest sources and are all compatible with each other.
I am a PC building noob and I am following a guide (http://www.pcmech.com/byopc/step-1-materials-required/) Is this guide up to date and usable?
I play source games and I want to be able to record sometimes and get at least 30 fps on most games, the graphics quality must be around med-high.
My components; please tell me if I can get it cheaper somewhere else, and if they aren't compatible what do I need instead? I am building a gaming rig as cheaply as possible without getting 4fps on every game like I do on my 1.8 GHz laptop with 3gb of ram...
Case: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aerocool-Strike-X-Toolless-Tower-Gaming/dp/B00606NA0A/ref=sr_1_4?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1375030634&sr=1-4&keywords=pc cases
Price: 53
OS: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Microsoft-Windows-7-Home-Premium-Oem-64-Bit-SP1-Operating-System-64-Bit-/190862643411?_trksid=p3284.m263&_trkparms=algo=SIC&its=I&itu=UCI%2BIA%2BUA%2BFICS%2BUFI&otn=21&pmod=380651294248&ps=54
Price: 90
Motherboard: http://www.amazon.co.uk/P8Z77-V-Motherboard-CrossFireX-Intelligent-Processors/dp/B007KZQE7Q/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1375033864&sr=1-2&keywords=atx motherboard
Price: 85
CPU: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Intel-Graphics-BX80646I54570-Generation-Technology/dp/B00CV3E3WK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375034385&sr=8-1&keywords=Intel Core i5-4570
Price: 157
RAM: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CML...rmance/dp/B008E3M4TU/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
Price: 50
PSU: http://www.ebuyer.com/520535-alpine-ii-600w-b-white-psu-with-120mm-blue-fan-alpine-ii-600w-blue
Price: 14
Keyboard and Mouse (I have a decent mouse (Razer DeathAdder 2013) so I just need a cheap keyboard) : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Octigen-JK-...99617&sr=8-9&keywords=keyboard#productDetails
Price: 5
Graphics Card: http://www.dabs.com/products/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-650-ti-1032mhz-1gb-pci-express-3-0-hdmi-8BP8.html?q=Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti&src=16
Price: 105
Thermal paste for CPU: http://www.digitaldevicesonline.co.uk/cooler-master-thermal-grease.html
Price: 2
Monitor (I may not need a monitor I might be able to use an old one, but if someone can find a small monitor VERY cheaply it would be greatly appreciated!): http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/comput...050s-20-led-backlit-monitor-11925669-pdt.html
Price: 70
Hard Drive: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Western-Digital-250GB-7200RPM-Internal/dp/B00134A2M8/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1375101575&sr=1-1&keywords=250 gb hard drive
Price 24
DVD Drive: http://www.amazon.co.uk/LiteOn-IHAS120-04-AllWrite-Height-Internal/dp/B00B4SJZQW/ref=sr_1_6?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1375101823&sr=1-6&keywords=Internal DVD-RW
Price: 13
CPU Cooler: http://www.scan.co.uk/products/intel-reference-s1156-aluminum-copper-base-heat-sink-fan-oem
Sound Card (I'm not too bothered about sound so I went for a cheap one but it needs to be able to play game sounds atleast to an OK standard) : http://www.ebuyer.com/48180-xenta-6-channel-pci-soundcard-l-8738-6c
Price: 4
Not including monitor it totals around 600, I need to get it cheaper and if I can I will get like a 3gb ram kit and wait till I have more cash and get the 8gb ram kit if I need to but I would mainly like to know if I can get my ideal cheaper else where and for things like the RAM I just want 8gb, tell me if I can get a cheaper 8gb RAM kit for example.

I appreciate this is a lot of things to go through but I really would appreciate and I heard the TechSpot community is the best around! and I'm sure you will exceed my expectations!
Note: I AM A COMPLETE NOOB, I may have made a huge mistake, so don't get angry, and please spare me too much technical language!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-first-custom-build-pc.194805/
Relevancy 54.18%

Kinda new to the Custom Build game anything i should add change to this all input is welcomed I know all the URLs are tiger direct but Custom Build that was simply for a quick splash page on each item ill probably do more price comparisons after this gets finalized Mother Board and Processor --EVGA nForce i SLI Motherboard CPU Bundle - Intel Core Quad Q Processor GHz OEM http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId lt gt Graphics Card -- XFX GeForce GT Video Card - Alpha Dog Edition MB Custom Build DDR PCI Express SLI Ready Dual Link Dual DVI HDTV Variable Fan Speed http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp Sku P - lt X gt RAM -- Sets Corsair XMS DHX MB Dual Custom Build Channel Custom Build PC DDR MHz Memory x MB http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId lt gt Case --Apevia X-Jupiter G Type ATX Full-Tower Case - Clear Side Front USB and FireWire Ports http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId lt gt PSU --OCZ GameXStream -Watt ATX mm Fan SATA-Ready SLI-Ready Active PFC Power Supply http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId lt gt HDD -- Seagate Barracuda GB Hard Drive - RPM MB SATA- OEM http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId lt X gt CD-Drive -- Sony DRU-V S BR DVD Rewritable Drive SATA - x DVD R x DVD RW x DVD-RW x DVD R DL x DVD-R DL x DVD-RAM x DVD-ROM x CD-R x CD-RW x CD-ROM Black http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp Sku S - lt gt Monitor --ViewSonic VA w quot quot View Widescreen LCD Monitor - ms WSXGA x DVI VGA Black http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId lt gt Mouse --Logitech G Laser Gaming Mouse http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId lt gt Keyboard --Logitech G Gaming Keyboard http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId lt gt nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

I recently finished building a pc and am trying to install the motherboard drivers from the cd that came with the board. However, when I try to do so I keep getting this error message:

"No supported drive found: Floppy 1.44mb and USB drive!"

Do you have any ideas what this means?

Thank you!

A:Custom build help

When you are seeking help you need to post your system component specs. Motherboard; EXACT make, model and revision (if applicable). Processor; EXACT make, model and stepping. Memory; EXACT make and model. Graphics Card (if installed); EXACT make and model. Power Supply; EXACT make and model. Provide links to the components. Also post the operating system.

No one can diagnose a problem without knowing the EXACT components you used in the build.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/custom-build-help.1019786/
Relevancy 54.18%

Alright everyone i ve got someone who wants me to build them a quot family quot pc I m not looking for a for you think? a custom, what Build do lot of Build for a custom, what do you think? profit off this build only asking for labor because it will be the first build i ve ever Build for a custom, what do you think? done I asked them a few questions and this is what they said Do you need Monitor Mouse Keyboard and or Speakers Monitor Speakers What will you be doing with the computer Gaming business school work internet browser etc school internet music What is your budget i dont know for Build for a custom, what do you think? sure Do you prefer Windows Vista or XP the most up to date Are you on a time limit The building processes can take anywhere from a week to almost a month to get in all parts put it together and resolve any problems that may occur during the build no time limit Alright so I went to newegg and decided to put together a list of stuff and here is what I put together for her tell me what you think Motherboard - GIGABYTE GA-G M-ES L LGA Intel G Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - N E processor - Intel Pentium E Wolfdale GHz MB L Cache LGA W Dual-Core Processor - N E processor grease - Arctic Silver Thermal Compound - N E ram - PNY GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model MD KD - - N E hard drive - Western Digital Caviar SE WD AAJS GB RPM SATA Gb s quot Hard Drive - N E OPTIONAL BUT SUGGESTED nd hard drive - Western Digital Caviar SE WD AAJS GB RPM SATA Gb s quot Hard Drive - N E cd dvd - LG X DVD R DVD Burner Black SATA Model GH NS - N E case - COOLER MASTER Centurion CAC-T -UB Black Blue Aluminum Bezel SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - N E power supply currently with instant rebate so - Thermaltake Purepower W RU W ATX V Power Supply - N E OPTIONAL - video card currently with instant rebate so - PNY VCG GXEB GeForce GT MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready Video Card - N E Building requirement - Rosewill RTK- Anti-Static Wrist Strap - N E Operating System - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP -bit - N E Montior - ASUS VK D Black quot ms Widescreen LCD Monitor with built-in web cam - N E Speakers - Logitech S- Watts Multimedia Speaker System - N E WITH OPTIONAL HARDWARE - no extended hardware warranties Subtotal Shipping labor TOTAL WITH OPTIONAL HARDWARE with year extended warranties on all applicable hardware except speakers Subtotal Extended Warranty Fee Shipping labor TOTAL WITHOUT OPTIONAL HARDWARE no extended hardware warranties Subtotal Shipping labor TOTAL WITHOUT OPTIONAL HARDWARE with year extended warranties on all applicable hardware Subtotal Extended Warranty Fee Shipping labor TOTAL IF YOU DON T WANT TO LOOK ALL THE HARDWARE UP I PUT IT ALL ON A WISH LIST - http secure newegg com WishList PublicWishDetail aspx WishListNumber Click to Maximize I told her it may be a bit much for everything she wants and that I could lower the price a bit with different parts if she needed it but that s what I recommended for her What do you all think oops I meant in the title quot build for a customer quot not quot build for a custom quot oh well it won t let me change it now lol nbsp

A:Build for a custom, what do you think?

processor grease 8.99 - Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound - N82E16835100007Click to expand...

I would ditch that unless your an overclocker, which you don't look like. If you are in fact, an overclocker, I point you toward a sturdy cooler and a better processor, i'm sure the e5200 isn't going to break any records, but it is a good CPU for the price.

PNY is not know for their quality or performance, actually I don't know them at all. OCZ Vista Upgrade 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ2VU8004GK - Retail, but staying with the PNY seems just fine, I like OCZ more though.

The powersupply is a weak point, go with the CORSAIR CMPSU-400CX 400W ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS Certified Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Retail at $60.

Building requirement 3.50 - Rosewill RTK-002 Anti-Static Wrist Strap - N82E16899261005Click to expand...

That isn't necessary but if it makes you feel better, and you don't mind buying one.

SAPPHIRE 100255HDMI Radeon HD 4670 512MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card - Retail is a MUCH better graphics card, a little bit more expensive, the 9400 isn't very good.

GIGABYTE GA-EP43-UD3L LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail is a superior motherboard, but it is more expensive and no doubt you could live off the one you mentioned above.

Now I don't know about the motherboard, I can't say anything about that. The price...well, you could switch to an AMD build and save some money for similar performance, and you can stick with the parts you mentioned, but mine have a better bang for the buck .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/build-for-a-custom-what-do-you-think.126747/
Relevancy 54.18%

just need someone who is good with building computers or knows enough about them to double check to make sure all my stuff will work together, here is the link to all of it in a wishlist on newegg- http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=9599334

Relevancy 54.18%

I am starting a new post continuing from quot buying advice quot post below it was getting a bit long I am seriously thinking of custom build as opposed to box build Does anyone know anything about a company called JNCS in NY This is a system I am looking at http www jncs com php sys Build Custom index php id bb-p wd -premium-cent It has an ASUS P WD mobo which has been suggested as good from the buying advice post Question For CPU choice what would be the difference between a Pent model compared to a PentD model Dual Core ghz I know the difference between and but the dual core stuff I don t know I don t know the difference between Pent and PentD as far as preformance If I do this custom build I want to do it right but I am trying to stay in the Custom Build dollar or so range Like I said in the other post I am not a gamer but I do video so I think a good graphics card would be nice Am I wrong with this assumption Also someone suggested that I might think about getting a bit system which is offered from this company along with XP pro OS but from reading it seems drivers for several products are not supported yet and that might cause a problem for a DA like me Like I might pick the wrong video card or some other hardware for the system Thanks in advance for any input advice nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

I want to build a custom pc primarily Custom build with audio and video work in mind I would like to base it around the LianLi PC- plus all ali case I do have some specific hardware in mind other items I need guidance see question marks Quality reliability and speed are my criteria Advice opinions recommendations etc from the experienced greatly appreciated OPERATING SYSTEM Windows XP Professional with SP incorporated Soundcard Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Music PROCESSOR Intel Pentium Ghz Mhz FSB LGA case with mb cache PSU Seasonic S - HDD Samsung SpinPoint P S gb sata mb HDD amp Gb Seagate Barracuda RPM Custom build MB Buffer Graphics Card HIS X GT Ice Q Turbo MB PCI-E RAM GB DDR Dual Channel Mhz memory MOTHERBOARD Intel D XCV Extreme ATX X Express Chipset CPU Heatsink Gigabyte G-Power Cooler Pro Cooler Master Blue Ice CD ROM Plextor PX- A x x IDE DVD ReWriter Plextor PX- sa or sa Akasa All in one AK-ALL- I will also need some kind of network card so this machine can talk to my other pc Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,
I am interested in an application that can create custom builds of windows 10 in a similar way that RT7Lite does for windows 7, the only application I've found so far isn't really as advanced or as customisable as RT7Lite was... I was wondering if anyone here had any suggestions of apps that can do this (that preferably are free and do not require an internet connection)?
Thank you in advance

http://www.tenforums.com/pc-custom-builds-overclocking/22108-custom-build-win-10-a.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Corsair c black AMD FX- Sapphire GB Gigabyte GA- FXA-UD motherboard Coolermaster GX series RS w power supplyCorsair vengeance GB DDr blue Note that teh CPU and GPU are sold together and that the PSU and ram are sold together Total price new with shipping USD Future purchases include a XSPC RS kit for a CPU only loop Honestly im I little sad I cant get a modular PSU in a combo like that coolermaster Can anymore cut prices on this I build the ram psu together are if someone can find something better than that id be eternally grateful But yea im basically asking if anyone thinks they can do cheaper than that for the same specs FX and GB ddr IDC about the PSU as long as its at least w and as I said modular is fantastic also as sad as it sounds I want a black mobo-asthetics are fun to me Can I cut prices anymore on this build which is why im bothering with a loop later on Also just generally what do you guys think of that build id get gb but ram shot up in price for a reason unknown to me nbsp

A:Can I cut prices anymore on this build

If you're considering getting a WC loop with that 8350 then you might as well go for the 4670K + cheap air cooler for the same price (or lower).

I guess you could opt for a cheaper case to cut some of the budget.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-cut-prices-anymore-on-this-build.194697/
Relevancy 53.75%

Well id like to give you guys a deep discription on what happend I have a EMACHINES T amd athlon xp gb ram w psu geforce My friend sent me a new motherboard with a new processor a pentium ghz I wanted to install the new mobo myself so i removed all the parts from my old cpu removed the screws from the mobo and HELP new ME! computer after mobo. power wont on installing my anymore found that it was stuck to my case So i decided to get one of my old broken pcs and remove all the parts just to use the case I removed all the parts from the old case and installed my new mobo I fitted it with my w psu my gb of ram my soundcard and my geforce I had a internet guide helping me but it wasnt that usefull Every time i put the power cord into the back HELP ME! my computer wont power on anymore after installing new mobo. of the power supply the fans would turn on and it seemed like everything was working The internet guide told me to not to have the HD and the CD rom cables attached to the MOBO so i left them off I messed around with the Case connectors power on h d d led speakers ect ect HELP ME! my computer wont power on anymore after installing new mobo. And finaly got it working it took me up to the HELP ME! my computer wont power on anymore after installing new mobo. starting screen then i went to BIOS and exited out of bios to the quot EMACHINES P quot Logos then it asked me for a cd like WIN XP I realized that the CD ROM and the HD werent attached to the mobo so i pulled the plug on the PSU from the back and pluged the CD cables into the MOBO I plugged the Power cable back into the Powersupply NOTHING Tried again NOTHING tried to mess with the case connector cables NOTHING Then i even tried to put the psu back into my emachines case still got nothing Im thinking the powersupply is dead PLEASE HELP ME Edit Delete Message nbsp

A:HELP ME! my computer wont power on anymore after installing new mobo.

please delete this, i posted it in the correct fourm already, sorry. (this is a duplicate post)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-my-computer-wont-power-on-anymore-after-installing-new-mobo.41322/
Relevancy 53.75%

So mainly while gaming I get various BSODs. Not much else to say but here are the required files and my computer and specs may be seen under my profile. Thank you in advance for taking the time to help with this.

A:BSOD Custom Build

Hi Kimbroughhg.

When there are multiple bugchecks without any finite probable cause, the first impression goes to hardware. Some of the crash dumps also indicates it.

Code:
BugCheck A, {2db, 2, 1, fffff8000229743d}

Probably caused by : hardware ( nt!KiTimerExpiration+1d )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

Code:
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa800d268028, b0800000, 40151}

Probably caused by : AuthenticAMD

---------
Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest86+ for at least 8 consecutive passes.

If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.

Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Stress test the CPU.
Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95

Overclocked? It should be 4000 MHz.

Code:
CP F/M/S Manufacturer MHz
6 21,2,0 AuthenticAMD 4334
As you are getting BSODs, you should stop overclocking and run all the hardware components like CPU, GPU and RAM to their default settings.

If you have any hardware monitoring program, uninstall them for the time being, and also uninstall all the programs by ASUS.

Two more actions are must.

Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known BSOD causer. Uninstall Daemon Tools at first. Then download SPTD standalone installer from Disk-Tools.com, and execute the downloaded file as guided below :
Double click to open it.
Click this button only:

If it is grayed out, as in the picture, there is no more SPTD in your system, and you just close the window.
Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.
Click on the Start button
Type ?msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the ?Startup? tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/349746-bsod-custom-build.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi Built a custom build this computer as follows Processor Intel i k RAM GB Corsair Vengance DDR mhz Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z X-UD H PSU Corsair HX Storage Intel SSD gb Case Cosmos Phanteks CPU cooler Just can not get it to work Have installed fresh copy on windows bit on to the ssd Installed all the drivers from website Updated BIOS to latest Custom Build Problems version and am still Custom Build Problems having problems Firstly when it turns on I turn it on it will then turn itself off and on off and on anywhere from - times before properly Custom Build Problems turning on and staying on what is this about Next if I install the intel hd drivers for the onboard graphics it will work fine till reboot then it ll turn on and everything will come up with errors then it will blue screen I have to go back in to Custom Build Problems safemode and uninstall the driver so I can use it Only works with standard VGA driver I then decided to put my graphics card in Nvidia GTX installed the latest drivers disabled onboard even in BIOS and this will also cause it to blue screen Next if the SSD is plugged in to the Intel chipset SATA ports on the motherboard it will crash on boot Only boots if its connected to the marvel chipset SATA ports Anyone give me any advice at all At a loss Spud Also running mem test it runs fine etc however my RAM it picks up gb but says its only mhz could this suggest faulty RAM Running test passed okay so far Will update when it finishes nbsp

A:Custom Build Problems

spudy12 said:

Firstly, when it turns on. I turn it on, it will then turn itself off and on, off and on anywhere from 5 - 20 times before properly turning on and staying on.. what is this about?! Click to expand...

I'm not going to be much help, but if it switches off immediately this is usually a sign of a major problem such as the CPU fan not spinning properly because of a cable stuck in it or something. Have you tried turning it on with the case open so you can see the CPU fan to check if it moves?

spudy12 said:

Next if I install the intel hd4000 drivers for the onboard graphics, it will work fine till reboot, then it'll turn on and everything will come up with errors then it will blue screen. I have to go back in to safemode and uninstall the driver so I can use it. Only works with standard VGA driver. Click to expand...

I've had something similar in the past with a bad driver. If there are any other/older versions of the driver on the intel website, try those.

spudy12 said:

I then decided to put my graphics card in, (Nvidia GTX 295) installed the latest drivers, disabled onboard (even in BIOS) and this will also cause it to blue screen.Click to expand...

Weird. Have you completely cleared the old drivers out just to be sure there isn't a conflict?

spudy12 said:

Next if the SSD is plugged in to the Intel chipset SATA ports on the motherboard, it will crash on boot. Only boots if its connected to the marvel chipset SATA ports. Click to expand...

No idea.

spudy12 said:

Anyone give me any advice at all? At a loss

Also, running mem test, it runs fine etc, however my RAM it picks up 16gb but says its only 665mhz? could this suggest faulty RAM? Running test, passed okay so far. Will update when it finishesClick to expand...

Again, not too sure without seeing the machine in front of me. I hope I've been a little bit helpful, hopefully somebody will know what is up with it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/custom-build-problems.1085516/
Relevancy 53.75%

I'm going to buy my second custom build ...I've been on Digital Storm's forums for about a week and picked up more usable info than anywhere else ,ever...have you guys ever got a custom build and how did it turn out..I'm too much of a procrastinator to build my own box..it would probably take me a soo long my new hardware would be old by the time I fired it up...Doug

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gonna-go-with-a-custom-build-at-ds.610464/
Relevancy 53.75%

I am having the worst My custom pc build nightmare nightmare with this new computer I am building The problem is that my computer keep on restarting within a one or ten minutes range Occuring seem randomly of course I tried to isolate the problem but so far no luck First I guess I should give you my My custom build pc nightmare spec It is an AMD Athlon mb cache Soyo K Dragon Ultra mobo ATI radeon pro mb Creative Audigy blaster sound card gb of mem one from Ultra and the other from PNY watt of power supply gig hd from Matrox Pioneer xdvd-rw and Mercury xcd drive Athermaltake venus cpu heatsink and fan combo A thermaltake case fan the case also have a weak fan attach to the side panel With windows xp pro installed One problem I first thought was bad memory that why I bought the PNY but that didn't seem to solve it Another was overheating cpu that why I bought Arctic Silver put it on By the way I attach the sensor on the side of the heatsink I don't think it virus because I have ez Armor security suite installed I uncheck the automatic restart in the system propterty so maybe it could report to me what is happening before it restart but it still doesn't stop the auto restart but sometime it does give me the old blue screen of death though Please could you advise me what to do Although I think I did on the above right I could be doing something wrong and maybe you can correct me By the way my CPU temp when checking in bios is - Celcius I would like to get this computer up and running so any advice and Idea would be helpful Most product I bought was from Tiger Direct

A:My custom build pc nightmare

Please don't double post.

See here.

Thread Closed

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-custom-build-pc-nightmare-16230.html
Relevancy 53.75%

so i hope this link works.. if not i guess i will go and make links for every part of my pc..

https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.asp?ID=4548494

so, i have no idea what to do for a power supply, some suggestions on that would be helpful. the case is tentative, i might be modding one of my own. and is that processor good? any suggestions are welcome, thanks everyone.
Nate

Relevancy 53.75%

Hey I m building a new computer and these are the parts I ve picked Custom Build Computer out and I was wondering or more like double checking if they are all compatible with you guys and maybe some opinions on different parts My Custom Computer Build current setup costs about and I would like to keep it around or lower thanks P S This is a gaming computer Cooler Master HAF http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Western Digital Caviar Blue GB RPM SATA http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E ASUS M A XTD EVO http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E EVGA GeForce GTX MB http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Sony x DVD-CD x http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E OCZ GameXStream W ATX V SLI Certified http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E AMD Phenom II X Black Edition Deneb GHz http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E ZALMAN A mm Ball CPU Cooler http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Thanks nbsp

A:Custom Computer Build

The system looks good. You could get yourself a cheaper case like the CM-690 or an Antec 900. Also, the Xigmatek HDT S1283 or Scythe Katana will be a better CPU cooler for cheaper.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/custom-computer-build.139752/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi guys Its been a long time since my last post but its time for a new build again Basically what im looking for is a homeserver which I can also use ase a backup server and media streamer I have been looking at online reviews and guides but is hard to narrow down components to use I am living in Ireland so I will be buying the components from Irish and UK sites The system must have needs to - Stream HD video p - audio output - Have low power consumption - Id like to leave it on and have it act as a backup server to backup the other pcs in my house - It will need to act as a webserver Id like remore access to my media - Ideally im looking at i Intel mobo processor - I will be leaving this pc in the media room underneath a TV so controlling it with a remote would be a nice feature - Id like it as compact as posssible mini ITX mobo case but the case must be able to fit at least quot drives along with a DVD drive I understand what im looking for is a mix of NAS/HTPC Custom build everything But any help you guys can give in the line of components would be great I hope to collect these parts over time but my budget is around - Please let me know if this is dooable Thanks Dan EDIT - I have Windows already bought - I have already purchased x TB hard drives for backing up my data nbsp

A:Custom NAS/HTPC build

Did you see the review a few weeks ago for the new asrock?
http://www.techspot.com/review/334-asrock-vision-3d-htpc/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/custom-nas-htpc-build.159254/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi
Newbie here. just built a comp for my brother a few months ago and he recently started complaining about random bsods. i ran a couple tests (seatools, memtest, prime) and the hardware seems fine. i'm not familiar with windows 7 but hopefully i can get some answers. thanks in advance.

ps i installed windows 7 from an iso i bought through the windows student discount program. it was an upgrade disc, but i did the trick to do it as a clean install.

A:BSODs on custom build

bump #1 just got another bsod. posting updated zip file. tia.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/130815-bsods-custom-build.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi all Up until very recently I have been using Scan XS for custom build workstations for our D designers in our London studio for Build Custom Rendering Unfortunately their customer service has fallen off a cliff in the last few months so I am looking at alternative options One of the biggest advantages with Scan was their prices relative to more established competitors and I m hoping Custom Build for Rendering to find a similarly competitive option I have used Mesh in the past but unfortunately they don t include Quadro graphics Custom Build for Rendering cards in any of their systems this is an essential as we work with Solidworks amp AutoCAD as much as we do ds Max I have built my own in the past but as this is a work machine we d prefer to be backed up by a professional warranty What I am considering at the moment is the HP Z but these use Xeon E - CPUs which according to Intel aren t recommended for rendering I m still happy to consider off-the-shelf systems but ideally I d like to get something along the lines of Windows Pro bit i k or newer nVidia Quadro K or better gb RAM Minimum quot IPS Monitor eg Dell U yr Warranty Under k Any suggestions would be appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Custom Build for Rendering

The Xeon E5-1650 that is in the HP Z420 is an aging processor. I would recommend something newer. I would take a look at the HP workstation site before making a decision through a 3rd party seller like ebuyer.com.

I would recommend looking at newer CPUs such as the ones found >>here<<.

One option is the HP Z420, but it gets quite pricey (~4000 USD not including a monitor (if I am not mistaken)). It has a beefy Xeon E5-1650 V2 inside along with a bunch of other goodies like a Quadro K4000 and a 512GB SSD.

It doesn't seem to me like many of the HP workstations have GPUs, so this is what I recommend: buy a nice HP workstation with a beefy new Xeon E5 6 core CPU (this will kick some mean *** in SolidWorks, AutoCad, and 3DS Max, trust me!) and buy a Quadro or FirePro GPU yourself. Make sure you check the specifications of the PSU first though to confirm that you can run a Quadro GPU on top of the other components. Also, you can easily get a SSD later if you dont want to pay extra for it in the HP workstation. That will run you like $300-500.

If the HP workstations dont work out (the pricing just doesnt workout in the end with the monitors and GPUs and such), then I would get off the shelf parts, but the problem with those is that it is hard to find components with extended warranties. If they do have long warranties, they will probably be expensive.

I hope this helps.

-JC

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/custom-build-for-rendering.202244/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi this is what laptop I am looking for for college I would where or custom can get i build know you help!! this??? any laptops of can spend about k max but prefer less I need a PENTIUM M processor anywhere from mhz to ghz prefer about ghz i need a good video card that can play intesnse games like maybe a mobility x or something can any of you build custom laptops or know where i can get this??? help!! mb ddr video memory needed at least RAM - I want gb of RAM preferallbly mhz DDR RAM with a pentium M processor with mhz FSB frequency hard drive - at least gb prefered better rpm preferred and can people put custom cooling on laptop cpus like i know theres lots of options for desktop pc but i dont want laptop gettin too hot sound- anything goes i need INTEGRATED wireless G wifi internet usb ports etc i want a quot or less screen size with nice resolution if possible quot is ok but prefer lighter laptop if you know of a laptop like this or can build one or know someone who can please please reply to this post and does anyone have any opinions on the lighter quot screen laptops is it worth it for the lighter weight etc is the screen size still ok for games and stuff thanks for the help -sphinx nbsp

A:can any of you build custom laptops or know where i can get this??? help!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-any-of-you-build-custom-laptops-or-know-where-i-can-get-this-help.369316/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello all I m a newbie and like many here it seems my first question will be about buying or building a new PC I m not sure this is the right forum but this is where I saw the last thread on the build? Custom or Dell subject I m currently running a very old custom build I didn t make it Pentium III MB RAM MB MB HD XP Pro It was running fine but I had to wipe everything Dell or Custom build? because of viruses and accidentally reinstalled XP on the ancient MB HD so now it is tortuously slow I know it is Dell or Custom build? time for a new one anyway I would like to keep the old one as a spare around the house Maybe I will use it to try out Ubuntu I want to keep price as low as possible I have no interest in gaming Main uses are office stuff internet DVD playback music storage amp playback That said I like multitasking I am impatient and I like things snappy I might also be interested in running Ubuntu as a second OS I d like to try building my own just for the learning experience but there are some great offers from Dell and it s hard to believe I d get a price like this by building it myself For example DELL Dimension C AMD Athlon X Dual-Core Windows XP Home GB Dual Channel DDR SDRAM at MHz- DIMMs GB Serial ATA Hard Drive RPM w DataBurst Cache x DVD -RW Drive inch E FP Analog Flat Panel NVIDIA GeForce LE Integrated Graphics GPU Integrated Channel Audio This is I just missed an offer yesterday where it was This includes quot LCD I m not sure exactly what I do and don t need for my purposes Could I really do any better with a custom build BTW I don t need to buy XP I already have the CD Thanks in advance for any advice Paul nbsp

A:Dell or Custom build?

Hello and welcome to TechSpot.

I know what nearly everybody on TechSpot will tell you: build your own!

You can look at the Dell and say, "Why, it's $200 cheaper than my own build." You have to consider longer-term costs, however.

Sure, Dell is able to buy the parts and assemble the computer for cheaper than you can buy the parts. Dell is able to do this, however, by using inferior-quality parts. If you buy from Newegg, you have much better-quality parts, and better upgradability, as some parts from Dell are not compatible with other parts, the kind you buy from Newegg. Often computers bought from big companies like that don't have many expansion slots, or not the right kind, so you can't put in a good video card if you decide to game.

Also, if you build your own, you don't have all the junky preinstalled software (like Norton AntiVirus).

Hope this helps a little.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-or-custom-build.75037/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey guys,i wanted to ask after i build my pc and instal the w7 i will be good to go and use it for gaming and other stuff ?or do i have to instal another software?

A:Instaling w7 to new custom build PC

Hi HeartbeatSensor,

After installing Windows 7 you're up and running, but with alot of generic built in drivers. In order to play games properly you also need to download the drivers for your Graphiccard & chipset drivers.

In order to find these, visit the manufacturers website.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/instaling-w7-to-new-custom-build-pc-589715.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello all I got done building my first build the end of July but thing is it has not worked since I have replaced parts checked power supplies replaced the motherboard processor etc and it is still a no go What happens is that I will push the power button the computer will remain on for maybe seconds max and then cycle build not Custom on will remain forever never staying on longer than seconds at most I get no display from the video card motherboard has no onboard graphics and only get beep codes about in times if I remove the RAM Thing that Custom build will not remain on puzzled me is that the system will remain powered on without the processor but once the processor is put in the cycle begins CPU Intel Pentium E GHz Wolfdale Motherboard MSI P Neo -F LGA Memory Crucial GB DDR SDRAM Custom build will not remain on Hard Drive Western Digital Caviar SE WD AAJS GB Video Card ZOTAC ZT- MEH P-FSL GeForce GS MB Case Power Supply APEVIA X-Dreamer ATXB KLW-GN Green Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ATX W power supply for AMD Intel Power Supply Optical Drive Samsung SH-S F X DVDR I have tried unplugging everything but the essentials nothing I have check for shorts and there do not appear to be any Any ideas Otherwise I am going to take it into somewhere and pay for them to tell me what is wrong this was supposed to be a or less build easily approaching now nbsp

A:Custom build will not remain on

Take your motherboard out and put it on a non conducting surface. Plug in the bare minimum components for turning the PC on (one stick of ram, on-board graphics instead of video card, no hard drives / cd-rom.) This will help to rule out other things.

Find someone to let you test your other components on to make sure they're OK.

Also try clearing the CMOS. Remove your battery from the mobo and keep it for about 10 minutes before putting it back in and powering up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/custom-build-will-not-remain-on.135139/
Relevancy 53.75%

So I am attempting to make a Custom Theme:

I am using this tutorial to help:
http://thecustomizewindows.com/2010/...d-party-theme/

And here are some designs of what I want it to look like which I doubt I will ever get it to look like:

http://i41.tinypic.com/35lfd6a.png

I am currently trying to make the make the Folderband Black/Grey (I think that is located at 891/1033 of aeromsstyles) like Bongo has set it at:

If anyone can help me design a Custom Theme, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you, Joe.

A:Trying to build a Custom Theme

Most of the theme designers use Ave's Windows7 Style Builder to create theme msstyle . After that , you may follow all the parts of the tutorial.

In our forums, Bongo is highly knowledgeable in these stuff .

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/204052-trying-build-custom-theme.html
Relevancy 53.75%

So yea as the Opinion PC Custom Need - Second Build title says im planning on overclocking and using sli in the future if i have to but these are the components i selected so far I need a second opinion as im not to good with computers Sandy Bridge k i http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Lite On Dvd burner http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Antec http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Western Digital Caviar Black TB RPM http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E EVGA -P - -AR GeForce GTX http Custom PC Build - Need Second Opinion www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Corsair Pro series HX is this overkill remember i do want to oc and sli http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Corsair Vengeance GB http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E MSI P A-GD B LGA Intel P ATX Intel Motherboard http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/custom-pc-build-need-second-opinion.1022399/
Relevancy 53.75%

My custom build PC that I have had for 3 months, now says signal lost on my Samsung SyncMaster T260HD monitor. In the beginning, the monitor would randomly blank and I'd restart and all is good. Then the next day it would do it again. Eventually the time gap shortened. Now it will either not display at all or it will display for 5-10 seconds during startup and then blank. I have tried swapping cables but no luck. All fans are spinning. The rest of the PC still loads because I can hear Win7 logon screen and I can log on and hear the welcome sound.
Graphics card: SAPPHIRE 100284L Radeon HD 5750 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
Full PC parts listed here.

A:No picture on custom build

If it was bought from a shop then the first thing I would do is take it back to the them as a warranty issue.

If not, things I would check are:

1) Ensure that all the cables and cards are correctly seated inside the case. Remove each one and reseat it securely one at a time.

2) Does the motherboard have any onboard video? If yes, try booting using that.

3) Exactly what make and model is the motherboard, RAM, case, power supply, hard drives etc. Include links to the components if possible. How many case fans does the system have?

4) Do you have, or can you get hold of another, known working, monitor just to test to make sure its not the monitor itself at fault?

5) Do you have, or have access to any other, known working graphics card that will fit in the system?

Its possible the the graphics card has developed a fault, or even had a minor fault when you got it which has got worse.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-picture-on-custom-build.980683/
Relevancy 53.75%

I am looking to buy all the parts I need to build a custom desktop computer I m overseas right now so I can finally put up the money due to having no bills at the moment I have been looking into all of it and think I have found a pretty nice set up for a build A few items might be over the top maybe Here are the parts as follows Intel Core i - K Processor GHz MB Cache Socket LGA ASUS P Z -V PRO Motherboard ASUS GeForce GTX Fermi MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card ENGTX DIS GD OCZ GB Vertex SATA III Gb-s -Inch Solid State Drive VTX - SAT - G Western Digital Caviar Green TB RPM SATA III MB Cache Bare OEM Desktop Hard Drive - WD EZRX LG Electronics X Blu-ray SATA Writer Drive with Software WH LS K - Bulk Black Asus a this How setup? build for custom look does Xonar Xense Premium Gaming Audio Set Acoustics Powered by Sennheiser Corsair Hydro Series H High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler CWCH HAF X Nvidia Edition Microsoft Windows Ultimate Corsair Professional Series Gold -Watt Plus Gold Certified High-Performance Power Supply - CMPSU- AX Corsair Vengeance Blue GB DDR SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit CMZ GX M A C B nbsp

A:How does this look for a custom build setup?

Look into an H50 cooler, I have heard it does better with higher flow fans (For future overclocking or whatever) Also just to warn you, it sounds like there has been a spike in HD prices, so maybe wait on that 3tb drive for a while. Sounds like they are going up in price.

Otherwise it looks good to me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-does-this-look-for-a-custom-build-setup.1023435/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey,

I'm looking for some recommendations on sites that allow custom builds to be entered. PC Specialist looks great but I want to check out my options first. The only requirement I have is that the site doesn't require you to have a Windows installation (as I don't use Windows and it saves monies).

Suggestions appreciated.

Cheers

A:Custom Build Sites (UK)

I think there's one company in PC Gamer magazine. As soon as I get home, I'll check it out

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/custom-build-sites-uk.945602/
Relevancy 53.75%

Am new here. And I too am suffering from random BSODs.
Had faulty RAMs, and have replaced them. And still BSOD
I seriously need help guys.

A:New Custom Build Please help BSOD

narendharkumar3, Thanks for starting the new thread. Unfortunately you are getting a lot of 0X124 errors. That is a generic hardware error. It gives little or nothing about which piece of hardware it is. The only way is to do a lot of time consuming testing and troubleshooting. There was one error that appeared several times

Code:
kd> lmvm AsUpIO
start end module name
8d8b2000 8d8b31a0 AsUpIO (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: AsUpIO.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\AsUpIO.sys
Image name: AsUpIO.sys
Timestamp: Mon Aug 02 21:48:02 2010 (4C578362)
CheckSum: 0000BEF9
ImageSize: 000011A0
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
That is Asus Monitoring driver and as you can see is quite old. It most likely comes with Asus AI Suite and can be downloaded from Asus web site for your board. Motherboards - P8H67-M PRO - ASUS

If you do not already have them please download and install CPUz (CPU-Z CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting) and GPUz (GPU-Z Video card GPU Information Utility) Make sure not to download any of the junk ware they may try to install with the program, you can just uncheck the boxes and not install those add on..

I need you to post screenshots (Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums) of GPU the main page and the sensors tabs. I also need you yo post screenshots of CPUz the CPU tab, the mainboard tab, Memory tab and the SPD tab. On the SPD tab you can select each dim slot, I only need the dim slots that are populated with ram.

If you are overclocking anything, Please set it back to default values. While at the Asus web site update all of your drivers for the motherboard.

When you built the machine, did you do a clean install? Also, thank you for filling in your system specs. If you would, please update them as much as possible If you would like to know what we would like, click 'My System specs' at the bottom left of this post and see mine. I need to know, manufacturer and model of your PSU, Ram, Graphics card, if you have it, hard drives. The easy way to update system specs is go to your last post and click my system specs and there will ne a link there to update them. Just be sure to click save at the bottom of the page.

I would also like you to open a elevated command prompt ( click start, type cmd in the search box, right click on the cmd entry and select run as administrator) in the black box that opens, copy/paste sfc /scannow in the box and press enter. If you decide to type it, notice the space between the sfc and the /. It is a system file checker which will scan your system files and attempt to correct any missing or corrupt files. What we want are the results to say 'windows found no integrity violations'. If it says files were found but could not be repaired, close the box, reboot and run it again, after opening the administrative command prompt. You may have to reboot and run it three times for it to repair all system files. If it can't repair them after 3 reboots, let us know.

Can you be a little more specific about your BSODs, for instance, do they happen when you run a specific program, or only in gaming or while performing some specific action. We will get to some testing once you answer the questions and upload the screenshots in the manner of the tutorial I linked to. I just need to know as many specifics as I can about your machine and what programs, if any, that cause tour computer to BSOD.

You are also going to need a monitoring program for your CPU and GPU temps. If you have none, I can suggest a couple.

If you don't understand anything I ask or want an explanation, feel free to ask. I don't mind explaining.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/336866-new-custom-build-please-help-bsod.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey folks here's my basic info Is Windows - bit - original installed OS on system - student version of OS counts as full retail can install on multiple machines - All components are approximately months old - Reinstalled OS recently - wks ago to see if that would fix problem did not work Other info The BSOD seems to occur when I'm playing video games but it doesn't always happen only then Thinking it was my original graphics card I RMA'ed it for a new one recieved a different card and problem still exists I also tried a different graphics card which used DX and the problem subsides a little bit the BSOD occurs but not as often I'm almost positive this is a hardware or hardware compatibility problem as reformatting the drive and reinstalling the OS didn't fix it but you folks are the experts Let me know if I forgot something or you need something else to troubleshoot Thanks in advance Josh

A:BSOD on custom build

Hi swashbuckler and Welcome.

STOP 0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Usual causes: Device driver

Your latest dump file blames ntkrnlmp.exe which is a Windows System file and is highly unlikely to be the cause.
Old and incompatible drivers can and do cause issues with Windows 7, often giving false error codes.

As a Priority:

atikmdag.sys Fri Nov 26 02:46:44 2010 Many people have been having issues with Catalyst 10.12, which is what you currently have installed. Update to the new version following these guidelines.
Download Catalyst v11.1.**
Download and install Driver Sweeper.
Boot to Safe Mode
Uninstall your current Catalyst SetUp.
Run Driver Sweeper to clean up any left overs.
Reboot to Normal Mode.
Install your new Catalyst SetUp.
** Note!! Any WHQLCatalyst SetUp v10.3 - v11.1 can be used except v10.12 (which is not WHQL).

Outdated Drivers. Update:

L1C62x64.sys Wed Apr 01 06:09:17 2009 Atheros Drivers. AR813x-AR815x v1.0.0.46 WHQL.rar. Under the Atheros AR81Family Windows Driver x86/x64(Win7,Vista, XP, Server 2003) header.

Bugcheck Analysis
Code:
Loading Dump File [C:\DUMPS\swashbuckler\020611-10779-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\SymCache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (2 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02a49000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02c86e50
Debug session time: Sun Feb 6 10:49:19.870 2011 (UTC + 0:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:07:31.306
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck D1, {1, 2, 8, 1}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiPageFault+260 )

---------

1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000001, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000008, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: 0000000000000001, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------
READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80002cf10e0

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:
+3438616365383261
00000000`00000001 ?? ???

PROCESS_NAME: lotroclient.ex

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1

TRAP_FRAME: fffffa8005757650 -- (.trap 0xfffffa8005757650)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=fffffa80064daf60 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffff88002f22750
rdx=0000000000000000 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/142868-bsod-custom-build.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello,

Ever since yesterday in mid afternoon, my computer will not load Resolume despite it working most of the day prior. Each time I run the program, it shuts down before it can even open fully. The system says that an error has occurred and that Windows will update me when there is a solution. I've downloaded every version of Resolumesince 5.0 and no luck. It seems to be a larger problem with the system itself. I have had a few times where the system will crash either unexpectedly or when I attempt to run Resolume.

Attached is my file with the info of the crashes in it. Any help is much appreciated!
VALORIAN-Wed_05_25_2016__73419_35.zip

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/51349-bsod-custom-build.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have decided that I need a new PC and I have no idea what custom parts to choose; I want to build it myself, I want the best high end parts possible in an Intel build that can be overclocked when I need to. The price has to include at least 3 monitors and it needs to look EPIC like with LEDs, a case with a window etc. I have 3000-3500 to spend on it. Please help me choose the parts, if someone could find them all in one place e.g Amazon so it saves me some time. The rig is for gaming, video editing and rendering sometimes at the same time.
Thanks guys,
-UnsungHero

A:My big budget custom PC build

Wait until Ivy Bridge-E comes out in early September, a 4930K with a couple of GTX 770/780's should be within your budget.

In the meantime have a look at what monitors to get, I.e. if you want 120Hz, IPS, size, resolution, etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-big-budget-custom-pc-build.195245/
Relevancy 53.75%

Okay guys I ve been looking into building a PC for a while now and my current desktop just carked PC Build. advice! Need Custom it I think the PSU has been overloaded so the time has come My main uses Custom PC Build. Need advice! for the PC will be video and photo editing using Adobe Premiere Photoshop and After Effects I just recently purchased the new GoPro HERO and my current PC can t handle editing or even smooth playback of K footage or p footage at high frame rates fps Don t even get me started on rendering times My budget is around maybe a little Custom PC Build. Need advice! bit more if necessary I ve done a bit of research and this is what I m looking at getting MoBo- ASRock H M U S free from my old PC or upgrade Gigabyte GA-Z X-UD H HDD- x TB WD ZRX free from my old PC or Should I upgrade to something better SSD- Crucial MX GB or Samsung Pro GB Processor- Intel Core i - K GPU- Nvidia GeForce GTX RAM- I have two GB Elixir in my old PC Will I need to upgrade these and if so any suggestions Once I have decided on all the components I am going to use I will also need to choose a good PSU Am planning to run Windows Ultimate and I already have two monitors that I use for dual screen a mouse keyboard speakers DVD drive card reader and a USB wireless adapter although I mostly am plugged into an Ethernet cable If there is any thing I am forgetting please let me know And any and all advice I am very grateful for Am I going into overkill on anything and maybe not spending enough money on other parts Will all the parts in this setup be compatible Will it suit my needs for video editing with such high quality footage and frame rates from my GoPro Any suggestions for parts I should look into instead of ones I mentioned above This will be my first custom built PC so thank you in advance for all your much appreciated advice Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

whatsup everyone.
i just wanted to ask everyones opinions about pros and cons of everything from processor, mother board, vid card, and so on. let me know what brands you like and everything, im going to build a pc so im taking any suggestions. i would like to keep it in the 800 to 1200 dollar area, and just for the tower. but let me know about everything, key boards, monitors, etc. i am going to use it for tons of gaming, and audio recording and editing. thanks everyone.
Nate

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/your-suggestions-on-a-custom-build.576890/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi guys,

I've been intermittently having this problem, usually occurring when I'm playing a video game. I get the machine check exception as well as driver_irql_not_less_or_equal. The machine check exception happens more often though. My specs are:
i5-6600k (I brought it down to base freq to see if it would help; it did not)
Asrock z170 pro4
Radeon R9 380x
Corsair Vengeance LPX ddr4 2400 ram
Seagate Barraccudda 1tb
Kingston x70nr for windows
EVGA Supernova 550 G2 80+
I've updated all drivers but the issue persists. The issues were gone for a small amount of time when I clean installed windows but they have returned again.
DESKTOP-KJTNQKA-Wed_05_25_2016_202703_42.zip

Thank you!

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/51419-different-bsods-custom-build.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi I am currently gathering the components I need for this custom budget pc build below I ve marked items already bought so far as my money unfortunately only allows me to get the components part by part However I have a few questions regarding the build as I m still quite new to PC building will be Custom question(s) build my nd custom build Would a W power supply would be enough to power this build Or should I go for something higher I am considering using a fan controller as the case comes with fans However Custom build question(s) some of the case fans are pin and some are molex whereas the fan controller would be pin connections only I know I need a molex Custom build question(s) to -pin adapter however most adapters Custom build question(s) I ve looked at online say that they re not suitable for RPM monitoring Is there a specific adapter I should be looking for I would like to overclock the cpu a to maybe ghz Would this be possible with this motherboard and cooler BOUGHT CPU AMD FX- GHz -Core Processor CPU Cooler Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro Rev CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler BOUGHT Motherboard ASRock DE U S ATX AM Motherboard BOUGHT Memory Kingston Beast GB x GB DDR - Memory Storage Sandisk Ultra Plus GB quot Solid State Drive Storage Western Digital BLACK SERIES TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive Storage Seagate Barracuda TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive Video Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX GB Video Card BOUGHT Case Zalman Z Plus ATX Mid Tower Case Optical Drive Samsung SH- DB RSBS DVD CD Writer Fan Controller NZXT Sentry LX Fan Controller optional nbsp

A:Custom build question(s)

A good quality 600W would be fine. Good ie recommended brands; corsair [not builder series or cx] seasonic, pcpower&cooling, or FSP. Stay away from cheap pw supplies; the pw supply is one of the most critical components in the system.

Looks like a good choice of parts and should work well. My preference is for either gigabyte or asus mb however that one looks ok. As for a fan controller, you have a fan header for a case fan on the board. You do understand that you can use the mb to control the fan speed correct?

As an example, this asus board has 3 fan headers for case fans. I can tell you I use the above board with an overclocked fx8350 and it runs flawlessly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/custom-build-question-s.1129878/
Relevancy 53.75%

I hope I have put this in the right section Please tell me what you think It is similar to another user I found on this site My budget is up to I don t need a monitor keyboard and mouse Current PC cost is inc vat The PC is for mainly games only and I will dual boot both XP and Vista My questions are Is it a good spec Should I get a better Graphic Card Do you have any recommended changes Will my hardware work for vista Will I need a sound card or make do with the one on board Do I need a wireless network card Advice PC Custom Build - Intel Core Duo E http www novatech co uk novatech specpage jsp IL-E Motherboard Asus P Q Pro http www novatech co uk novatech specpage html ASU-P QP Hiper Watt http www novatech co uk novatech specpage jsp HYP- M Corsair HX W CPU http www novatech co uk novatech specpage jsp CSR-HX Seagate Barracuda GB SATA II rpm Mb Cache http www novatech co uk novatech specpage html SG- S top Nexus Caterpillar ATX MIDI Tower Silent PC System Case http www novatech co uk novatech specpage jsp NEX-CAT Samsung DVD Rom Drive http www novatech co uk novatech specpage html SAM-DVDS top Corsair Twin X GB DDR x MB http www novatech co uk novatech specpage html CSR-HX top Novatech NVIDIA Custom Build PC - Advice GeForce http www novatech co uk novatech specpage html NOV- GT Thanks for taking the time to read Seb Custom Build PC - Advice nbsp

A:Custom Build PC - Advice

Corsair HX 620W CPU
http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/s....jsp?CSR-HX620Click to expand...

This is a POWER SUPPLY, not a CPU, and its also better than the one you selected, however it is still over kill for a single 9800gt.
I would use this power supply:
http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?CSR-VX450

And please remind me about pounds to USD conversions........

And this RAM is much cheeper for the same thing:
http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?CRU-B852GK

Should I get a better Graphic Card?Click to expand...

That depends on how much you are willing to pay. Maybe give us a budget?

Will my hardware work for vista?
Will I need a sound card or make do with the one on board?
Do I need a wireless network card?Click to expand...

It should work with vista but i would recommend buying Vista 64 bit then getting this 4gig pair of ram:
http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?OCZ-85R4G
No you will not need one, same with the network card. Though i would recommend a different motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/custom-build-pc-advice.114303/
Relevancy 53.75%

Firstly i hope this is in the right section, i did look at the rules and i see no reason why this shouldn't fit here

I'm building a new computer to replace my old 754 Sempron. I was wondering if you guys could check out the components, tell me if they're quality and compatable as this is a big investment and i don't want to screw it up.

CPU -

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/164047

MOBO -

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/161328

RAM -

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/169488

GFX CARD -

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/164557

PSU -

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/129283

CASE -

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/118268

And finally, Screen -

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/169049

Are these all compatable? i have checked myself and see no problems but i would like another opinion, also, are these good quality components?

Cheers
Al

Relevancy 53.75%

Hey Peeps!

I just had my first BSOD on my custom build. Any help in figuring out what caused this would be greatly appreciated.

It happened when I was away from my machine, while playing a playlist on youtube and having other windows open on 2 separate browsers; Chrome & Firefox.

Jonezy

A:BSOD Custom build help

CCC 14.12 WHQL works better with R9 cards, as far as I have seen. Get it from Download Drivers and see how it goes.

Let us know.

Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8801111fdbb, fffff880081d2228, fffff880081d1a80}

Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+c7dbb )

---------

6: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e)
This is a very common bugcheck. Usually the exception address pinpoints
the driver/function that caused the problem. Always note this address
as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.
Some common problems are exception code 0x80000003. This means a hard
coded breakpoint or assertion was hit, but this system was booted
/NODEBUG. This is not supposed to happen as developers should never have
hardcoded breakpoints in retail code, but ...
If this happens, make sure a debugger gets connected, and the
system is booted /DEBUG. This will let us see why this breakpoint is
happening.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffc0000005, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: fffff8801111fdbb, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: fffff880081d2228, Exception Record Address
Arg4: fffff880081d1a80, Context Record Address

Debugging Details:
------------------
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%p referenced memory at 0x%p. The memory could not be %s.

FAULTING_IP:
atikmdag+c7dbb
fffff880`1111fdbb 488b83a8060000 mov rax,qword ptr [rbx+6A8h]

EXCEPTION_RECORD: fffff880081d2228 -- (.exr 0xfffff880081d2228)
ExceptionAddress: fffff8801111fdbb (atikmdag+0x00000000000c7dbb)
ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation)
ExceptionFlags: 00000000
NumberParameters: 2
Parameter[0]: 0000000000000000
Parameter[1]: 00000000000006a8
Attempt to read from address 00000000000006a8

CONTEXT: fffff880081d1a80 -- (.cxr 0xfffff880081d1a80;r)
rax=0000000000000000 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000000000
rdx=0000000000000000 rsi=00000000003c0000 rdi=0000000000000002
rip=fffff8801111fdbb rsp=fffff880081d2460 rbp=fffffa80088b6060
r8=0000000000000002 r9=000000f416368000 r10=0000000000000000
r11=fffff880081d2690 r12=fffffa80088c5c80 r13=fffffa8007b19f00
r14=fffffa800b6ca010 r15=fffff88011058000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl zr na po nc
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00010246
atikmdag+0xc7dbb:
fffff880`1111fdbb 488b83a8060000 mov rax,qword ptr [rbx+6A8h] ds:002b:00000000`000006a8=????????????????
Last set context:
rax=0000000000000000 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000000000
rdx=0000000000000000 rsi=00000000003c0000 rdi=0000000000000002
rip=fffff8801111fdbb rsp=fffff880081d2460 rbp=fffffa80088b6060
r8=0000000000000002 r9=000000f416368000 r10=0000000000000000
r11=fffff880081d2690 r12=fffffa80088c5c80 r13=fffffa8007b19f00
r14=fffffa800b6ca010 r15=fffff88011058000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl zr na po nc
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=005... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/373505-bsod-custom-build-help.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi Guys I would like some part by part opinions on the parts for my rig as I post them here.. First things first I think Im going to go with an Asus Sabertooth z77 board with this kit... http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8024820&CatId=333 and was going to go with a nice 650W-750W 80 plus corsair PSU. Is this a decent build? Also should I go retail or OEM with Windows OS ANd what are the differences between OEM and Retail?? Thanks guys for any input also this will be my first build so any advice isappreciated Also something else...Is there any type of software I can use to make a recovery partition kind of like the ones that Dell Puts onto their pcs when u buy them?

Relevancy 53.75%

Hello all My name is Jay I m living in the UK Big post incoming Okay I haven t been to this forum for a little while now but it has helped me in the past and I know its very popular and has alot of helpful people So onto the point of the thread I have always been a fan of PC gaming the community the mods everything I love it BUT I have never actually owned my own gaming PC I have played on loads but none are mine unfortunately So I thought I wonder if there was a place where I could ask people for help on building my own PC and this site popped into my head I had the idea of building one because I ve heard from quite a few people that its better to build your own I suppose so you know everything that is in it and you can make it as good as you want as long as its my Gaming build =D PC..please? Help Custom me in your budget I have never actually had much Help me build my Custom Gaming PC..please? =D experience of the insides of a PC so that s where you helpful people come in I hope So I need quite a bit of help I need to know what parts need to actually be in my PC Mandatory and Optional I think I know most but just to be sure I need to know some recommendations for good parts to go into my PC I would also need to know the budget for these parts If you have any more info that would help me please post it all help is very appreciated I apologize for the long post but I want to make this PC the best I can I also thank everyone in advance to the help you give nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi I built a custom computer last summer July and started having some BSOD problems about a month ago It started out when I was playing games Starcraft and Battlefield but then it began crashing to BSOD randomly when I wasn't actively doing anything it would BSOD when I left it on overnight I assumed it was the graphics driver so I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver and it worked fine for a couple weeks until it recently started crashing again It is also doing some other strange things like Shockwave crashing in Chrome and requiring a computer restart and Windows Explorer randomly crashing Help custom with BSOD, build System Specs Windows Professional bit Have not reinstalled windows AMD Phenom II X Black GHz Processor ASUS M A T-V EVO Motherboard Corsair XMS RAM Gb sticks Antec High Current Gamer W PSU EVGA GeForce GTX Gb GPU Help with BSOD, custom build Seagate TB Serial Help with BSOD, custom build ATA HD Additionally I ran the Driver Verifier and got a BSOD within minutes of logging in to Windows I booted to safe mode and loaded a system restore point I didn't see the dump file in the minidump folder however I can re-try the Driver Verifier if necessary I plan to run memtest and check the hard drive after this post Thanks in advance for the help

A:Help with BSOD, custom build

I found a missing bit in some of the registers of your CPU. This can occur from a driver bug, but very unlikely. Most often, this is caused by a malfunctioning CPU. CPU malfunctioning can occur internally (meaning a bad CPU), or externally from a bad motherboard, a bad PSU, or overheating or an unstable overclocked state.

If you have your system overclocked, please immediately reset it to factory defaults. That should be the first thing done to troubleshooting the problem. Then, you'll want to conduct a couple hardware tests:

RAM: Memtest86+ - 7+ passes
CPU: Prime95 - Torture Test; Large FFTs; overnight (9+ hours)

These tests are included in the UBCD if you prefer a Live CD environment (which is the best environment to test hardware on). Note that Prime95 currently does not work on the UBCD. Also, please provide us temps/voltages using HWInfo with Sensors only option checked. Log two 30-minute instances: one for idle, and one for high load.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/help-with-bsod-custom-build-632156.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello I am lookong for a possible build custom a to Looking computer new Gaming computer and I need some parts to go with them I will give my old emachine to my dad who needs a newer omputer anyway and I have a budget of around - with Shipping and Handling I have a basic layout here POWMAX CP PL- Window Black Silver SGCC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case W Power Supply - Retail ATI - Radeon X PRO MB GDDR PCI Express x CrossFire Ready Video Card - Retail SABRENT SBT-SP C Channels PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail Item N E Intel BOXD Looking to build a custom computer GZISSL LGA Intel GZ Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail Intel Core Duo E Conroe GHz LGA Processor Model BX E - Retail Western Digital Caviar WD BB GB RPM IDE Ultra ATA Hard Drive - OEM LITE-ON X DVD R DVD Burner Black IDE Model LH- W P- - Retail Item N E Comes to about Is there anything I can fix with that To make it cheaper I m basically KotOR and WoW guy not much there Should be a vast improvement over my emachine Thanks guys sw nbsp

A:Looking to build a custom computer

forgot the memory. Get a cheaper Cpu, and upgrade that vid card to at least a 7600.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-to-build-a-custom-computer.78710/
Relevancy 53.75%

Good Evening,
I recently had a computer custom built at my local Fry's (not so local though..) 2 weeks ago.
On the second day, the CPU was BSOD hourly, and after bring it to Fry's, they said the power supply was bad, and they replaced it.
I'm still having issues with random BSOD and would rather not bring it to Fry's to have them trouble shoot it for a few days, replace the "bad" component, and give it back to me with the same issue.
My CPU and Motherboard temps average 30-35c even while gaming.

I'm beyond the "return" time frame and only have 2 weeks of build support left from Fry's.
Can someone please decode what the errors are saying and possibly point me in the right direction?
Thank you soooo much!
Sean

Here are my CPU specs
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/V...2duPWs4NcChjFo

A:BSOD on Custom Build

Hi

Your CPU seems to be overclocked and if i am not mistaken, it is intentional.

Code:
Core 0Core Speed: 4599.7 MHz
Multiplier: x 46.0
Bus Speed: 100.0 MHz
Temperature: 32 ?C
Thread 1
APIC ID: 0
Thread 2
APIC ID: 1
Core 1
Core Speed: 4499.7 MHz
Multiplier: x 45.0
Temperature: 34 ?C
Thread 1
APIC ID: 2
Thread 2
APIC ID: 3
Core 2
Core Speed: 4599.7 MHz
Temperature: 32 ?C
Thread 1
APIC ID: 4
Thread 2
APIC ID: 5
Core 3
Core Speed: 4599.7 MHz
Temperature: 26 ?C
Thread 1
APIC ID: 6
Thread 2
APIC ID: 7

Overclocking is the best way to make a system unstable, crash , freeze or blue screen. First logical steps in BSOD troubleshooting is nothing but reverting any changes made to the CPU/RAM frequency and voltage modifications. You should first uninstall "Asus AI suit III" otherwise it will auto overclock the system. Then enter BIOS setup and load "optimal default values".

You should also understand the merits and demerits of OC. There are certain situations where OC will benefit. Examples are "Autocad" and video rendering works. Those programs will show improved performance in higher clock speed. On the other hand, PC games are GPU centric and even the most CPU demanding games only require a basic quad core CPU like i5. None of today's games are capable of utilizing the full potential of your CPU and hence overclocking it is absolute unnecessary. By overclocking the CPU, you will get crashes instead of FPS increase.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/35286-bsod-custom-build.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Fresh install of Windows 7 Ult with SP1 on brand new hardware

BSOD when After 90 minutes gaming (twice now - pc under varying stress)
BSOD while playing video on VLC player (once - no stress)

Thankful for any insight you can provide.

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 +SP1
Intel Core i7 5820K 3.3Ghz 15MB L3 Cache s2011-3
Gigabyte GA-X99M-Gaming 5 LGA2011-3
Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 2400MHz
2x Sapphire Radeon R9 270X DUAL-X BOOST OC 2GB Crossfire
500GB Crucial MX200 SSD M.2 Type 2280
Corsair H100i Water cooler with Corsair Link

A:BSOD on new custom build

Hey and welcome to SevenForums!

Please read the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/371669-bsod-new-custom-build.html
Relevancy 53.75%

i have a hp 6000 pr small form factor with 4gb ram/petenium dual core 3.06ghz/ win. 7/ msi redon 6450 hd and stock 240w psu.... i want to upgrade the psu and graphics card. this is a speacial build under way added a 3 bay hot swap, car stereo and 300w second psu to power the stereo...still in bondo phase so changes can be made and more stuff welded.   ik this is a frankinstin mod alot more work is needed... but anyway can i connect a second psu to a graphics card with the 6 pin conector and im not asking if its safe if i fry my board ill get a new one there cheap on ebay lol....  ive seen hp 8000 eliete psu 320w that will fit the mobo conections but i want somthing more like 400w if i can upgrade the main one

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/psu-and-gpu-upgrade-custom-build/td-p/5622630
Relevancy 53.75%

OK so i know a reasonable amount about computers enough to be confident to try my hand at making Build Custom Problem my own computer for the first time a couple of weeks ago I had a few minor hicups but nothing too major but now i have hit a wall The computer has decided not to power on at all These are the parts i used in my build Intel Motherboard Bundle http www awd-it co uk scripts prodView asp idproduct note the cpu is over clocked Nvidia GT http www awd-it co uk scripts prodView asp idproduct Heat Sink http www awd-it co uk scripts prodView asp idproduct Case http www novatech co uk novatech prods Components Cases Cases Novatech FANTASY html not the psu just the case Psu http www novatech co uk novatech prods Components PowerSupplies OCZ OCZ SXS-UN html I have a gb Maxtor Sata Hard Drive Custom Build Problem from my old pc and disk draw When i first put all the components together it worked perfectly then i tried starting it up the next day and it just wouldnt start so i tinkered around with a few things and still nothing so i sent the motherboard back for testing it was tested and it worked fine I got the motherboard back yesterday set it all up again and it worked fine then about hours later it cut out and it wouldnt turn back on I removed the battery from the motherboard put it back in and it started working again for the rest of the night Woke up this morning and its not turning on again so i tried removing the battery again and this time the battery trick did not work As far as i can tell all the components are functioning properly and i really have no idea where to go next to even attempt to fix the problem Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated If u need any more information just leave a post and i will get back to you asap nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

ok sorry if i've been an idiot.but,does anyone here have any idea how to make custom drivers for the operating systems like windows 8 . because you see there is only a limited support for custom-build PCs than the OEM ones

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/27523-custom-build-drivers.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello,

I've been having persistent BSoD problems on a custom rig. It happens mostly when I'm away. Of the few times I have been at my computer at the time of crash, I saw no warning signs.

Basic system info:
Windows 7 Professional (x64) retail
Fresh installation in March onto SSD

Hardware - Custom Build
Built in January but uses some older parts:
CPU: AMD Phenom II 720
Mobo: ASUS M4A79XTD Evo
GPU: Evga GTS 250 superclocked (used this card for a few years now)
Ram: Kingston hyperx KHX1333C7D3K4 (2 x 2gb)
SSD: OCZ Vertex 2 E 60gb
PSU: COOLER MASTER GX Series RS750-ACAAE3-US 750W

No memtest detected issues as on late April
No prime95 errors or induced crashes as of late April
If there's any other information or tests that might help please let me know.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:BSoD on Custom Build

Unfortunately there were no dumps in your file but I found one major candidate for BSODs

Code:
DAEMON Tools Lite "c:\program files (x86)\daemon tools lite\dtlite.exe" -autorun KevinX3-720-Win\KevinX3-720 HKU\S-1-5-21-601797764-46032973-68966091-1000\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Uninstall, and de-install the driver after this tut:
DuplexSecure - FAQ
There are several substitutes for Daemon tools without harmful side effects
Freeware MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM(MagicDisc) Overview
SlySoft Virtual CloneDrive
Gizmo Central -- Enliven your PC
There were a couple BSODs (03/28 and 04/20) referring to your Roxio Software with the directive to update the PX engine from here
PX Engine - Description and Download
or uninstall it completely if you don't use it.

Boot into Safe mode and see if the comp crashes there, too
if not activate Driver Verifier to force some dumps to narrow down the problem and post any new dumps
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

-DG

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/165236-bsod-custom-build.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I am designing a pc for a friend that will be used for medium level mass production of music(legal! he made the music) and i am unaware of weather or not this will encounter problems.

will somebody suggest the easist and fastest(production not build) way to do this while maintaining a ~$700 cost

A:10 CD-R Drives plz help w/custom build

We need a more complete description of what you would like to do, as well as what equipment you have so far.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/10-cd-r-drives-plz-help-w-custom-build.93215/
Relevancy 53.75%

I put my first system together not more than Custom is Slow! Build a year ago Since then I have had nothing but problems RAM defects mobo defects Graphics Issues DVD Drive defects and most recently my CPU has been running hot reaching up to C underclocked Basically I have parts Custom Build is Slow! to build a whole other system minus the power supply Couldn t RMA Given these issues I still can use the PC but slows considerably when downloading or running more than one program Custom Build is Slow! Video lags and framrates are bad when initializing Been through graphics cards Nvidia and AMD cloned and copied my HDD to a new one bought a new processor i - gone through countless RAM timings and voltages updated mobo BIOS drivers from manufacturer done System Reg fixes and defrags plus hours of researching the issue to no avail I am frustrated and tired The only thing I have not done is a complete windows reinstall Was about to but my DVD drive kicked the bucket right before go figure Please help P S If you re trolling best keep to yourself nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

I am hoping to start buying parts for a custom build around the first of the next month. The machine will be running a virtual machine with as many as four guest operating systems simultaneously. I don't know if I will need it or not, but I want the capability of running up to four monitors. I am a little unsure of the power supply requirements. The following build sheet includes a 850W power supply. I don't know if I need to go with a 1000W power supply.

Code:
Corsair Carbide A540 case
Intel core I7-4770K
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H ATX LGA 1150
two Crucial 16GB 8x2 D3 1600 DIMM C9
Samsung E 120GB 840EVO SATA3 2.5"
WDOEM 1TB 3.5" SATA6.0GB/S 64MB
two GTX6600C 2GB DDHDP PCIE
Gigabyte 850W HX 80+ Gold Mod PSU
IPSG LG 24X DVDRW SATA
LGELECOEM LG 14X SATA BD burner
your thoughts?

A:need a little help speccing a custom build

I would upgrade the video card. From what I find they are old and don't use the new DX.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/325002-need-little-help-speccing-custom-build.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello, I am new to techspot and I just founded by accident. I do have a custom build computer that has an asus motherboard and an Amd athlon processor, 2700+ or 1.30GHZ. I would like to upgrade my cpu and motherboard but I don't know what would be the next level in order to upgrade them. Of course, I want to keep on using asus computer parts. Can anyone give me a suggestion as to how I should upgrade my custom build pc? I would sincerely appreciate it.
Thanx
Johnny

A:Upgrading my custom build pc

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have moved your post to it`s own thread in the appropriate forum.

Please don`t post questions in threads that are nothing to do with the subject you want to discuss. Thanks.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-my-custom-build-pc.71207/
Relevancy 53.75%

Specs Win pro x Asus M A mobo AMD fx XFX HD gb Patriot gb x OCZ ModXStream W PSU Hi folks I have been running into problem after problem with my new build I've already RMA'd my CPU I've ran memory tests for hours which turned out build a custom BSOD on fine and I completely disassembled and reassembled my computer into a new case I was able to install Win fine but I get random BSODs when using the computer with frightening frequency and they were different error codes almost every time The first place I noticed this was when I would run the Windows Experience Index test and it would lock up or BSOD about BSOD on a custom build s of the way through But it also blue screens in safe mode and once when I was watching a youtube video I initially thought it was a faulty CPU hence the RMA but now I'm thinking that it might be a PSU or mobo problem Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Rilke

A:BSOD on a custom build

Please upload a report
http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-on-a-custom-build-628194.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey I recently put together a PC and I ve been having problems with it since When I initially built it the specs were i GHz Asus p t Motherboard gb RAM gb Sata II HD ATI Radeon Mobo issue? during restart PC PSU issue? tasks. issue? graphic-intensive GPU HD x the card PC restart during graphic-intensive tasks. PSU issue? GPU issue? Mobo issue? with with GPU s W unbranded PSU added m coolermaster fan Shortly after I started using my PC there was a power surge that knocked the power supply out I recently got a new PC restart during graphic-intensive tasks. PSU issue? GPU issue? Mobo issue? power supply A PC restart during graphic-intensive tasks. PSU issue? GPU issue? Mobo issue? W Silverstone PSU that I thought was more than enough for this The problem that would occur now is that the computer would restart during games and sometimes while processing rendering videos in adobe premiere When I would enable the crossfire option on my card to enable both GPU s to work the computer would no longer just restart the entire screen would hang or the colours would go out of sync shortly after which I d have to restart the computer This having happened I assumed the problem was with the graphics card not the new W silverstone I got I upgraded to a newer card Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX mb The specs are now as follows i GHz Asus p t Motherboard gb RAM gb Sata II HD Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX mb W silverstone PSU added m coolermaster fan After upgrading games like modern warfare will restart in missions that has a lot of smoke during a standard windows assessment process the computer will also restart There is no overheating issue the temperatures are normal Total power requirement falls well below W The graphics card is brand new So now I m thinking it is either the PSU that is faulty or the mobo that got screwed during the surge or possibly given my general luck in things the new graphics card is faulty but since i was having the exact same problem with the old graphics card that seems unlikely Any help would be appreciated I ve been at this for over weeks now with no end Thanks -A nbsp

A:PC restart during graphic-intensive tasks. PSU issue? GPU issue? Mobo issue?

You've got Asus motherboard, hence the first thing I'll look at considering the issues you are having, is at RAM settings/voltage in the board's BIOS, these should be exactly the same as on RAM packaging, but even that doesn't guarantee that it may not be the issue, so basically you'll need to fiddle around a bit with settings/voltage in case default specs doesn't work.

You may also consider stress testing your graphic card using OCCT (including vRam). Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-restart-during-graphic-intensive-tasks-psu-issue-gpu-issue-mobo-issue.153842/
Relevancy 53.32%

So I've built my PC and before I plug it in I would like to know what to install first.

Her are the discs I have:

Windows XP, Motherboard Driver disc, Graphics Card Driver Disc, Monitor Driver Disc, Sound Card Driver Disc.

In what order am I supposed to do this in, Xp first right? Then what?

Thank you all!

A:Order of Installation for custom built PC (Xp, mobo driver, etc)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/order-of-installation-for-custom-built-pc-xp-mobo-driver-etc.686164/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey everyone just want to thank you all for helping out before hand ok Ive been getting Screen Custom Blue Build the dreaded BSoD since the start of the month i built the computer about two months ago and it was running fine to begin with but like i said start of the month it started to BSoD on me Running Windows Home premium bit AMD Atholon II X Processore GHz GB of Ram one gig Custom Build Blue Screen per stick slots already memtested each one individually Asus M A T-M motherboard Biostar Radeon HD g DDR video card GB Hard driveIve kept most of the BSoD windows bug check analysis ill post them up in a second like i said ive already checked the memory individually for hours each ran Malwarbytes i did have two root kits ran a registry fix I m pretty new to Blue screens so im pretty sure im missing some basic steps on the trouble shooting process here is the text of all the Custom Build Blue Screen debug analysis warning its pretty damn longProblem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode b BCP C D BCP FFFFF EC BCP FFFFF A BD BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Steinwertm AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xmlRead our privacy statement online http go microsoft com fwlink linkid mp clcid x If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txtMicrosoft reg Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright copy Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Windows MEMORY DMP Kernel Summary Dump File Only kernel address space is availableSymbol search path is SRV c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbolsExecutable search path is Windows Kernel Version MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS PersonalBuilt by amd fre win gdr - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff a d PsLoadedModuleList xfffff c ae Debug session time Thu May UTC - System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Page a not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Page c a not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Loading User SymbolsPEB is paged out Peb Ldr efdf Type quot hh dbgerr quot for detailsLoading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck B c d fffff ec fffff a bd Page a not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for detailsPage a not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for detailsPage a not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for detailsPage a not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for detailsPage a not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for detailsPage a not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for detailsPage a not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for detailsPage a not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for detailsPage a not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for detailsPage a not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for detailsPage a not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for detailsPage a not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for detailsPage a not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for detailsPage a not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for detailsPage a not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for detailsPage a not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for detailsPage a not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for detailsPage a not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for detailsPage a not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for detailsPage a not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for detailsPage a not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for detailsPage a not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for detailsPage a ... Read more

A:Custom Build Blue Screen

Your errors may indicate RAM issue.A. If you have more than one RAM module installed, try starting computer with one RAM stick at a time.NOTE Keep in mind, the manual check listed above is always superior to the software check, listed below. DO NOT proceed with memtest, if you can go with option AB. If you have only one RAM stick installed......run memtest...1. Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip)2. Unzip downloaded memtest86+-....iso.zip file.3. Inside, you'll find memtest86+-....iso file.4. Download, and install ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/5. Insert blank CD into your CD drive. 6. Open ImgBurn, and click on Write image file to disc7. Click on Browse for a file... icon:8. Locate memtest86+-....iso file, and click Open button.9. Click on ImgBurn green arrow to start burning bootable memtest86 CD:10. Once the CD is created, boot from it, and memtest will automatically start to run. The running program will look something like this depending on the size and number of ram modules installed:It's recommended to run 5-6 passes. Each pass contains very same 8 tests.This will show the progress of the test. It can take a while. Be patient, or leave it running overnight.The following image is the test results area:The most important item here is the ?errors? line. If you see ANY errors, even one, most likely, you have bad RAM.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/316484/custom-build-blue-screen/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi I m trying to decide whether to buy a newly custom built machine from a guy who is due to move out of town next week I think he is a reasonable person who just built an SLI gaming machine with dual matched video cards a dual core Intel at ghz two gb hard drives etc I am willing to grant that he did a reasonable job and used good components even though he doesn advice Machine Build Custom t do this Custom Build Machine advice for a living I personally run a quot stressed system quot with a lot of software on it for technical business use such as MS Office Matlab some Adobe stuff plus lots of convenient utilities My systems tend to get sluggish so I was attracted to a muscular custom built The problems I m concerned about have to do with BSOD or hardware component interactions which lead to non functioning such as continual rebooting etc I m good at back up and at general computer hygiene so I can handle malware etc but I fear an error message that says quot your computer isn t working now - xoo a x quot and be stuck not knowing what to do and having to go to a repair shop and pay hundreds of dollars My question has to do with potential for problems I ve read that most problems arise in the first six months or so after a machine starts working While I m not a novice I m not a good hardware technician either and don t have lots of time or equipment to do good troubleshooting Am I taking a significant risk if I go with the home built machine If the machine has been working for a week or so does that change the probability that it will give me a problem in the sense that the hardware is now straightforward nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

Specs:

CPU: AMD FX 6100
GPU: Asus EAH5670
MOBO: Asus M5A97 EVO

Issue:

Last week I decided to bring some of my desktop hardware "up-to-date." I originally had an AMD build which I enjoyed for 6-7 years, so I went with the AM3+ build. I upgraded my MOBO, CPU and RAM. I started having BSOD's almost immediately after I was up and running and have spent a few days now trying to sort it out, but I fear this is beyond me. I have no idea if it's a driver problem, hardware problem or compatibility problem and I have hit a wall with my level of knowledge and patience. I can't really give specific circumstances for when a crash occurs because they seem to happen at random times. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated! If any more information is needed, please let me know.

A:BSOD - Custom Build Issues

Additional info:

PSU: Turbolink LC-A420ATX (about 7 years old)
RAM: Viper extreme PX538G2000ELK
HDD: Hitachi HDT725032VLA360 (About 7 years old)

I am currently running memtest and will complete an HDD test as well.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-custom-build-issues-622639.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi all around a month ago I build a new PC for Gaming purpose This is the hardware I chose Fractal Design Define S Corsair CP- -EU RM Asus Z Pro Gaming Intel Core i - K Prozessor be quiet BK Dark Rock Pro CPU-K hler Corsair CMK GX M A C Vengeance LPX GB MSI GeForce GTX Gaming G GB GDDR Samsung SSD Evo GB Corsair K RGB MX Brown Gen EVGA TORQ X carbon Asus VG QE After a fresh new install of Windows I started gaming on Build - New BSOD Custom within Games Assassins Creed Unity After a while I got BSODs stating IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL note without the term DRIVER I first thought the game is just buggy but I am getting these issues with AC Syndicate as well So I started using benchmark tools like Furmark hours and Memtest hours but I did not get any BSODs The next strange thing is that my BSODs never created dump files I RARELY saw the BSOD message as the New Custom Build - BSOD within Games PC was just freezing and giving distorted sounds I had a lot BSODs while gaming every minutes and I only had two or three times the BSOD message The message got stuck at when stating that dump files will be generated I checked after each crash there were no dump files When I was forcing a BSOD using testing tools I saw my Windows generating the dump files so I was sure windows would have generated them if possible However after testing with benchmarks and all I decided to reformat my SSD and install a fresh new Windows and only drivers as well as AC Syndicate I left the game running a few hours and had no issues A few days later the BSODs came back but not in the same frequency it was better but still not good However I heard the new Skylake Processors encountering a bugcheck when calculating primes so I waited for a BIOS update I applied the update version from here ASUS USA Today I had the chance to test if it was changing something I had hope it would fix the Skylake issue and I thought that may be the reason why my PC was freezing however I encountered another BSOD - but this time it was another message and Windows finally did generate some dump files UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP I saved the MEMORY DMP file from C WINDOWS as well it is around GB Howver please find the ZIP attached generated from dm log collector exe DESKTOP-ATJP N- zip I hope you will be able to help me out Cheers Neunzehn PS Just realized there is an update for my BIOS will test and let you know in a while

A:New Custom Build - BSOD within Games

You have to remove all pirated stuff on your system before we can start troubleshooting.
Forum rules

4) No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc).

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/39271-new-custom-build-bsod-within-games.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello folks I am having issues with custom gaming rig I built not too long ago It started basically after I finally got everything installed and happens randomly throughout gaming or even just my wife doing online school Even the BSOD crash errors are random not showing any particular pattern at least not to my eyes On to the troubleshooting I have done I have ran sfc scannow dxdiag chkdsk r and memtest All of these come back with no issues except SFC says there are corrupted files that windows could not fix I have ran full scans many new on errors different build pc BSOD custom Getting using Windows Security Essentials which did kill some Trojans I also have ran Malwarebytes Anti-Malware free edition yes with rootkits which killed a lot of PUP optionals as well as a few malware infections and a couple more Trojans After both killing these I have run these scans again with no threats found The Blue screens seem to happen when the PC is left alone for a while I stopped sleep mode thinking that might be it but even when the monitor goes to sleep and the PC is running normally if I come back to it an hour or so later it will be sluggish then BSOD as soon as you do anything that wasn't already on It will also happen after gaming for more than a few hours Any help I could get sorting this out would be appreciated I have attached what the Batch file did to this post Thanks for Getting many different BSOD errors on new custom pc build your time Nick

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/384972-getting-many-different-bsod-errors-new-custom-pc-build.html
Relevancy 52.89%

This is a new build that I recently made randomly BSOD as far as i can tell i cannot figure Build BSOD windows on when using Custom New out what the problem is maybe someone here with more expertise can weigh in I would greatly appreciate it As far as I can tell it has been pretty random just happens while browsing the internet non-specific sites and also more specifically when using youtube i don't know if it has anything to do with BSOD on New Custom Build when using windows the streaming I should mention that I have my os on a SSD and an using a raid config with tb WD hdd's as you can see by the specs post Included with this post is the zip file with all the info required asked in the BSOD posting requirements Please please please help Thanks in advance Computer Type ACPI x -based PC Operating System Microsoft Windows Ultimate OS Service Pack Service Pack Internet Explorer IE DirectX DirectX Motherboard CPU Type QuadCore Intel Core i - K MHz x Motherboard Name Gigabyte GA-Z X-UD P-B Motherboard Chipset Intel Cougar Point Z Intel Sandy Bridge System Memory MB DDR - DDR SDRAM DIMM G Skill F - CL - GBRL GB DDR - DDR SDRAM DIMM G Skill F - CL - GBRL GB DDR - DDR SDRAM DIMM G Skill F - CL - GBRL GB DDR - DDR SDRAM DIMM G Skill F - CL - GBRL GB DDR - DDR SDRAM BIOS Type Award Modular Communication Port Communications Port COM Display Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GTX MB Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GTX MB D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce GTX Monitor Generic PnP Monitor NoDB Monitor LG W quot LCD Multimedia Audio Adapter nVIDIA HDMI DP nVIDIA GF - High Definition Audio Controller Audio Adapter Realtek ALC Intel Cougar Point PCH - High Definition Audio Storage Storage Controller Intel R Desktop Workstation Server Express Chipset SATA RAID Controller Storage Controller Marvell xx SATA G Controller Disk Drive OWC Merc ury Electra G S SCSI Disk Device GB Disk Drive Volume GB IDE Optical Drive ATAPI iHAS B RW DVD-RAM SMART Hard Disks Unknown Partitions C NTFS GB GB free D NTFS GB GB free Total Size GB GB free Input Keyboard Logitech HID-Compliant Keyboard Mouse Logitech HID-compliant Cordless Mouse Network Network Adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

A:BSOD on New Custom Build when using windows

Is there something I forgot to include? or is my problem really that hard? please i really need some help. I cannot figure out how to solve this bsod problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/177356-bsod-new-custom-build-when-using-windows.html
Relevancy 52.89%

So I just put together my first custom build and was happy until the display never showed New display build, custom problems! up I tried VGA DVI and HDMI and nothing worked The system boots up the fans spin the HD New custom build, display problems! makes its usual sounds the disc drive works the fan on the video card is New custom build, display problems! going the motherboard lights are on Everything seems fines but I get no display I ve tried pretty much everything All parts are new Here is my build IN WIN fanqua Black SECC Steel mm ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ECS A FXM-A V AMD AM FX x DDR x SATA DUAL LAN DESKTOP MOTHERBOARD AMD FX- Vishera GHz GHz Socket AM W Quad-Core MSI AMD Radeon HD R -MD GD GB GDDR DX PCI Express W Gaming MM Fan Silent ATX Power Supply SATA V G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB DDR PC Desktop Memory Seagate Barracuda ST DM TB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive PLEASE SOMEONE HELP IF YOU CAN nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

hello im trying to install windows 7 on my moms custom build and itl boot from the cd but when i get to the menu it wont show up. now it worked on my sisters comp just fine
what is wrong could it be display drivers??

A:Solved: Going from xp to windows 7 custom build

When you insert the Windows 7 DVD and boot from it, are you seeing the Press any key to boot from CD or DVD command?

I'm not sure what you mean by "when I get to the menu it won't show up".

Even if that computer has a display adapter that doesn't support and have drivers for Windows 7, that won't stop it from booting and installing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-going-from-xp-to-windows-7-custom-build.973041/
Relevancy 52.89%

I just upgraded my custom build from Windows XP to Windows 7 and I have no sound on it. It shows that a "Digital Audio (S/PDIF)" as the default device, and even though I have speakers it says "Not Plugged In". Does anyone have any idea what the problem may be?

Relevancy 52.89%

Setup:
Complete new build, including a new win7 dvd. Mobo is an ASUS z97-a. Can get to BIOS setup fine, all hardware is recognized as expected.

Problem:
I can't get the system to boot to the install disks. I've tried the obvious stuff (making sure that it's set bootable as first priority in the bios, verifying the disk is good on another system, and even borrowing a known good optical drive and installing that).

I'm assuming it has something to do with advanced boot settings (CSM? UEFI? I didn't have to muck with this stuff in my previous builds over the years, I would just set boot order and the OS would install from the optical drive).

Anyway - help?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/382808-new-custom-build-win7-dvd-wont-boot.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Need some help guys, just built this PC (first build) and i'm getting this BSOD thrown my way.

A:New custom build and just got first BSOD 0x00000124

Welcome to the forums StevenP,

Any doesn't seem to be any dump files within the folder, please follow these instructions to configure a Minidump to be created upon BSOD - Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/294995-new-custom-build-just-got-first-bsod-0x00000124.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello, My friend has a Custom Built computer (1Y old) and now he has problems his computer crashing with the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE message. I hope someone can help us finding the problem any help is appreciated.

Thanks In Advance.

A:Custom Build PC Random BSOD sometimes

Quote: Originally Posted by GianniDPC

Hello, My friend has a Custom Built computer (1Y old) and now he has problems his computer crashing with the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE message. I hope someone can help us finding the problem any help is appreciated.

Thanks In Advance.

Before we can get to the underlying issue (Probably USB) There is a driver that needs to be updated or removed. Yours is from 2005

Asacpi.sys

The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.

Quote:
Please visit this link: Asus tek computer inc. -support- drivers and download p7p55d le

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P5K-VM

Scroll down to the utilities category, then scroll down to the "atk0110 driver for windowsxp/vista/windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).

Download and install it.

Go to c:\windows\system32\drivers to check and make sure that the asacpi.sys file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (not before).

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/223903-custom-build-pc-random-bsod-sometimes.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi all I am currently experiencing very frequent BSOD with PC I built recently and I'm stumped with the problems at the Build Custom on BSOD Frequent moment I've built a number of PC's in my time and never had such repetitive issues My home PC's are all custom builds and don't cause me such issues however they are on different hardware This PC is a recording server for an IP CCTV system which was thoroughly tested prior to installation on site Memtest for hours and passes AIDA Hours SeaTools tests on drives The specification is as follows MB Asus Z -PRO CPU Intel i - K HSF Arctic Freezer Pro RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro Blue GB PSU Corsair CS M OS-HDD x Sandisk X GB RAID HDD x Seagate SV TB JBOD OPT Samsung SH- DB BBE OS Windows Professional -Bit SP with all current Windows Updates installed The BIOS settings are Optimized Defaults there is no overclocking in place and no Asus Frequent BSOD on Custom Build utilities running Its a stock setup with the CCTV software loaded All the drivers are as Frequent BSOD on Custom Build supplied with the motherboard and updated if Windows Update has detected an update I've experienced crashes over the last few weeks all reporting minimal information with the vagueness of the hall dll error Temperatures are within reasonable limits and are steady at around degrees under normal load the load on the system is generally fixed as it works recording images and displaying them on the monitor As the system passed all of its stress tests the system is now in use and it'd be difficult for me to make major changes such as re-installing windows but if its really needed I'll have to see what I can do I've attached the DM logs and hopefully the culprit can be identified Please let me know if you need any more info from me

A:Frequent BSOD on Custom Build

Code:
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8010bcb028, bf800000, 124}

Probably caused by : GenuineIntel

---------
Follow Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/343395-frequent-bsod-custom-build.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I double-checked all the internal connections and everything is correct. The system is booting off of a blank hard-drive and it boots properly into the BIOS. Once in the bios, however, I'm stuck. I have a USB mouse and keyboard plugged in, but neither are working. Also, I booted with a WinXP disc inserted, which I thought was supposed to initiate automatically but is not.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Relevancy 52.89%

Hey,

can anybody help me? I would create a USB Stick (bootable) with a Customized Windows 10 Image. The customized windows 10 image is running in Virtual Box and i search a solution to capture this windows 10 image.

I have tried the solution from kari (Windows 10 Image - Customize in Audit Mode with Sysprep - Windows 10 Forums) . The first video and step was easy. But the second step "Capture and Deploy Image" are to difficult for me.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/52560-build-usb-stick-custom-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey Gurus Ive got a problem with my new and first build that s giving me a real headache if any of you out there could figure this out that d be very much appreciated So the systems is like this not install cannot Solved: OS Custom build sure if other specs are needed Intel i k CPU Asus p p mobo Corsair HX W PSU GB Kingston RAM LG OEM DVDRW WD black edition TB - mb cache I just recently put this together and it seems to boot fine appears to POST correctly and I can enter BIOS however regardless of what i try it doesnt seem to boot my operating system disc win Ive updated the BIOS to the latest version tried clearing cmos temperatures are perfectly fine everything seems stable boot order is fine but everytime i try and boot from the dvd drive it shows up with quot Reboot and Select proper Boot device or insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and Solved: Custom build cannot install OS press any key quot only on the one occasion on perhaps the rd or th boot it managed to load the OS dvd but stopped functioning on the partition screen and would not boot at all after that Ive tried changing the sata settings to IDE AHCI Raid all to no avail I would love to test the disc drive but dont have another sata optical the lights do shine correctly and it does sound like its spinning so its probably Solved: Custom build cannot install OS not the optical Thanks in Solved: Custom build cannot install OS advance for any help i can get Really puzzled nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

Good evening everyone and Happy Fourth of July I am new to the forum but not new to the world of custom building systems I have built many systems over the years but this particular issue has me reeling a bit Here are the specs Core i GHz Intel DP KG MB GB PC - MHz -pin DDR GB Kingston Memory Sticks Tested and recommended by Intel for Build Custom Reboots Random PC on this board NVIDIA GeForce GT video card Antec EarthWatts w PS Here are some of the issues that I m having The boot up takes extremely long I will power on my system and it will be almost - seconds sometimes before the POST screen even Random Reboots on Custom Build PC shows up Once Windows starts loading it s fairly quick for a standard non SSD HD I ve updated my BIOS and disabled unnecessary features in BIOS to try and speed this process up but no luck Recently Random Reboots on Custom Build PC I changed my RAM to Kingston was using Corsair but was getting memory errors on my system every so often I d be using it as normal where my system would just shut down and start beeping beeps than a pause beeps then a pause According to the Intel manual for my board that s a RAM error I contacted Intel and of course they suggested I use RAM that has been proven and quot tested quot by them I recently purchased Kingston RAM and installed yesterday I more often than not have been having random restarts on the system The screen will go blank and the system will reboot without any warning whatsoever I ve checked event Random Reboots on Custom Build PC logs in BIOS and Windows and nothing stands out I receive no blue screen errors or anything I ve already begun the process for an RMA on my power supply but I m curious what other thoughts you all may have I am at a total loss on these two issues I take a lot of pride in my systems but these two issues are bugging the crap out of me I figure if anyone can get to the bottom of this DSLR can Thanks in advance guys and gals nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

Hello I m completely and utterly new to building computers How build sound? Solved: this custom does and have been using laptops most of the time for everything I ve recently decided I want to build a new Gaming PC I ve got a general idea of what I want but am Solved: How does this custom build sound? open to new suggestions For a bit of background I m not a hardcore gamer per say But I do play ALOT of LoL League of Legends I know LoL isn t all that demanding but I d still like a PC thats capable of running BF pretty smoothly On the odd occasion I might play a graphic intensive game so I d like to able to enjoy the games on high settings with good FPS I ve got an idea for my PC Setup price range is about I know this probably goes over it with the addition of monitor keyboard etc but I ll be buying it over time CPU Intel Core i K No I don t want to overclock I have no idea what it does but I d rather not risk it The only reason I went with the k and not the is that a few of the sites I ve been looking at have had the k being cheaper MB I m not completely sure on the motherboard I looked at a few but I generally have no idea what I m really looking for I ve seen some like the Asrock Z Extreme MSI Z A-G Gaming or the ASUS P Z -V LX I m always open for more suggestions for motherboard but either of listed seem to perform well Graphics Card MSI Geforce GTX Ti OC gb this card looks to be a pretty good deal for it s performance and price Memory I have no idea whether to go with gb or gb I d prefer to not spend the amount of money for gb when will do but it is worth it in the long run I will I ll probably be looking into Corsair for memory but again I m open to suggestions I ll most likely just go with Corsair GB x GB PC - MHz DDR RAM - - - - - Vengeance Series Case Cooler Master CM Storm Scout White Power Corsair GS- V Optical Drive Lite-On IHES X Blu-Ray DVD Combo Drive HDD Western Digital TB Black SSD Samsung S GB quot Monitor BenQ RL HT quot Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H i CPU Cooler It should all be compatible and as I said I m a complete noob so if you would just give any suggestions I could use to improve the performance or lower the cost without sacrificing anything important I haven t bought anything yet but I will be looking at prices to start ordering in pieces soon nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

I just built my first cheap gaming computer today However I keep getting blue screened and it happens very frequently Within the last hours of trying to troubleshoot this issue myself it has blue screened on me about times I cannot be certain when why it occurs It's happened while playing Binding of Isaac and League of Legends It has also happened on first BSOD day. Build Computer, Custom when I was not interacting with the computer It has Custom Build Computer, BSOD on first day. also happened immediately after another one blue screening before I even get a chance to sign in to windows My parts Motherboard MSI H MA-G LGA Processor Intel Core i - P GHz Quad-Core Memory Corsair Vengeance GB DDR Power Power Supply W CoolPower -pin ATX Case Cooler Master HAF RC- -KKN Hard Drive WD GB CAVIAR BLACK SATA RPM Graphics Card Custom Build Computer, BSOD on first day. Asus GeForce GT GB DDR MHz OS Windows Home Premium x What I have done -checked for unusual behavior sounds smell inside the case -attempted to find and updated any and all drivers -used bluescreenviewer to try to isolate problem I think it's the NVIDIA graphics card --uninstalled all nvidia drivers and programs --boot in safe mode then use drive sweeper to clear out any remaining nvidia drivers --reinstalled nvidia drivers through windows device manager does not updated to most recent version --updated to most recent version through nvidia website Thank you for your help

A:Custom Build Computer, BSOD on first day.

Hi Yupei

First you need to update the BIOS to Version 1.C either throught the MSI live update utility or using the utility provided in the BIOS download

Second install Windows SP1 update

Do these and let me know if it BSOD's

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/300196-custom-build-computer-bsod-first-day.html