Windows Support Forum

Security Tracker- stops Malewarebytes and Task Manager

Q: Security Tracker- stops Malewarebytes and Task Manager

My home computer is infected with a rogue Spyware scanner with the title quot Security Tracker quot and it stops all attempts to remove it It cancels Malewarebytes scans It shuts down the Task Manager It prevents booting in Safe Mode -a windows and Task Security stops Malewarebytes Manager Tracker- blue screen of death displays and locks the computer If you cancel the scanner by hitting the X it freezes the computer with a big warning screen I tried reboot from a previous version and scannner still launches I searched your forum google symantec and other sites and find no references to quot Security Tracker quot From reading similar posts in this forum it sounds like I have a rootkit I ve successfully removed other spyware scanners before with Malewarebytes and Spybot This one has me stumped If I can get to Security Tracker- stops Malewarebytes and Task Manager my hard drive to do a backup - I would just reformat the harddrive and start over Or if there is a way to get rid of Security tracker I greatly appreciate any help I m on a business trip and won t be home until later in the week to fix the home computer

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Security Tracker- stops Malewarebytes and Task Manager

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Security Tracker- stops Malewarebytes and Task Manager

You could try this to get at your important files:http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vis...ndows-computer/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/259312/security-tracker-stops-malewarebytes-and-task-manager/
Relevancy 73.1%

OK for my internet security I have Trend micro internet security so anyway I started having this annoying problem I start up internet explorer with comcast as my homepage and navigate to yahoo or google and this audio slip starts up about how I can save tons of money with some program and goes into an innaudible mess of gargled noise there are no windows that open up with this audio so I go into task manager and see there are for or five internet explorer processes running when task from manager a IE closing stops strange bug I only have windows open for internet explorer so I close one of them ranging from MB to MB the audio stops for a minute and another process for IE starts up with the audio thankfully when I logged on here the audio didnt start up anybody else have this bug or closing IE from task manager stops a strange bug virus or whatever it is is trend micro eventually going to make a fix or definition for this hope someone can help thank you I will include the log from hijack this from an earlier post someone said these entries look suspicious O - BHO trueads search enhancer - CF D-CB - closing IE from task manager stops a strange bug - - B CE C - C Windows system auygkgeiiovusibbb dll O - BHO trueads - a f - -d b- d -f f a b - C Windows system nst FCC dll nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/closing-ie-from-task-manager-stops-a-strange-bug.826376/
Relevancy 70.95%

After doing some reading, this best describes what is happening:

If you are infected with this rogue, or your computer starts exhibiting the behavior of security programs terminating and then getting permission denied when you try to run them again, then there is a good chance you have this rootkit on your computer.

I managed to get some of rootrepeal to work, the files scan will not show, so a scanned each seperatly.

A:rootkit stops malewarebytes and dds hijack

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.Please download OTL from following mirror:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards _temp_

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/268118/rootkit-stops-malewarebytes-and-dds-hijack/
Relevancy 67.08%

Does anyone know an easy way to uninstall/remove HP ProtectTools Security Manager Suite on a HP ProBook 4510s notebook running Windows 7 to allow Windows 8 upgrade to continue? The install message is that it is incompatible with Windows 8 and needs to be uninstalled.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/10596-install-stops-hp-protecttools-security-manager-suite-not-compatible.html
Relevancy 66.65%

if you quarantine something does it go away or do you remove it? its says it could crash though

A:security task manager

Quarantine normally means placing a file in an area not accessible to the rest of the system, sort of a software jail. It is not deleted unless you delete it.

What is telling you its says it could crash though

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/118262-security-task-manager.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi Friends,

I need your Urgent Help. Am not sure what these files are doing in
my Security Task Manager. Could someone highlight the importance
of these files for my Windows XP Machine. Is it Malware, Spyware
or any other tracking device.

--> HWDeviceService.exe
--> OUC.exe

Appreciate your feedback how this got into my System and how do
I delete, if they are not required in the Machine.

THanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/security-task-manager.1063749/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello,

I hope I'am in the correct forum to ask question.

Was asking opinion on what is the best security task manager to use.

I have windows 8.

Thankyou have a great day.

A:security task manager

These are tools to investigate running processes, programs that run at startup, services and gather additional information to identify them or resolve problems:Alternative Replacements for Windows Task Manager:AnVir TaskManager FreeMiTeC Task ManagerProcess ExplorerSystem Explorer - System Explorer PortableProcessHacker - (requires Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or above to use)NOTE: Process Hacker, System Explorer, Process Explorer and AnVir Task Manager Free allow you to right-click on a process and submit it to Jotti's virusscan, VirusTotal, or Camas Comodo for analysis.* Best Free Alternatives to Windows Task Manager* 5 best alternatives to the Windows Task Manager

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/558647/security-task-manager/
Relevancy 66.65%

Has any one used this tool before:http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/taskmanager.htmlIs it good? How does it compare to Process Explorer?Thanks

A:Security Task Manager

I used to use this a lot, it gives some really quick and easy info to give you a good idea whether a process is what you think (simple example - the process name might match a normal windows service but it has been started from some other folder than Windows). "Does what it says on the tin"

Haven't used it for a while now.

Process Explorer can do so much more, tell you exactly what is going on with every thread, looks at things like priority levels, access to registry and files, loads of good troubleshooting detail, but you need to be able to interpret this and have some idea what you are looking for.

Sometimes a simpler tool is just that - simpler. Security task manager is useful for what it does well, which is giving you very quick information and detail about processes which are running.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/269396/security-task-manager/
Relevancy 66.22%

Re:http://forums.techguy.org/t390352.html

These are the first two entries of an an export of the Security Task Manager Log.. Not shown below, but in the display is the notation that the second entry 5c8.... is an invalid browser helper object. I did find the entry in my registration file along with two other browers helper objects in the folder. How shall I proceed.

Name Rating PID CPU Memory Active File Type Start Title, Description Manufacturer : product

McAfee VirusScan 77% 212 16.8 MB 0:03 C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\Webscanx.exe Program 7:19:49 PM from McAfee VirusScan WebScanX Network Associates, Inc. : McAfee VirusScan

{5C8B2A36-3DB1-42A4-A3CB-D426709BBFEB} 52% Internet when Internet Explorer starts (Browser Extension) -

A:Security Task Manager Log -- Whats this?

Webscanx.exe is a legitimate McAfee program that scans web content to protect you from web-based attacks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/security-task-manager-log-whats-this.390528/
Relevancy 66.22%

My computer loads a whole bunch of strange stuff at startup (my fault, obviously, I download a lot of random programs). Neuber's Security Task Manager looks kind of cool. Any opinions on whether it's worth buying?

bantamwait

A:Security Task Manager--worthwhile?

I looked at this app before, while it does look quite good, you might consider these two programs...1 http://www.processlibrary.com/processscan/2 http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysintern...ssExplorer.mspxthese will tell you whats running on your system and are free.hope this helps

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/92058/security-task-manager-worthwhile/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi everyone im a new member here, i am having a problem with pressing ctrl alt del. it brings up the windows security dialog box but before it used to bring up the task manager. ive had this problem last year and fixed it forgot how to fix it. Can anyone help. Thanks

A:Changing Windows Security Box To Task Manager

Are you using XP, XP Pro, or 2000? If you don't see a "Task Manager" button, it may have been disabled.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/46682/changing-windows-security-box-to-task-manager/
Relevancy 65.36%

A few days ago I took some steps to remove Vista Repair from my laptop I'm no pro but I use Malwarebytes McAfee can't Protection, access task Security manager. and Spybot I was hoping it was gone I got back on for the first time again today and found Security Protection had blessed me with its Security Protection, can't access task manager. presence As you probably know I can't open a thing not Task Manager not Command Prompt As I understand it all programs under a name other than defender exe will be blocked I tried searching for the file and got nothing Then I went under Folder Options and made hidden files visible Not only could I still not see defender exe but I saw that Vista Repair was still there There was a Security Protection icon on my desktop and I went to the file location from there and tried deleting and it didn't work I'm not sure what I can do considering even my most basic resources aren't available to me A lot of people recommend systems restore but I'm not skilled enough for that Thanks MMC

A:Security Protection, can't access task manager.

Welcome
System restore is very, very easy.
Read and ask questions
System Restore - How to
The only precaution that you must take is to select a date that was a few days before your initial problem.
System Restore - How to
If necessary try in Safe Mode

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/291155-security-protection-cant-access-task-manager.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi I believe I have a virus or Trojan but I cannot find it I am using Windows XP pro I have been having multiple problems with hanging and or freezing I have tried Norton and macafee and have had a computer person use a couple of other programs I have also run spybot and ad-aware The computer will security--mouse Solved: manager task and work fine for a variable period of time from a few minutes to hours then the mouse cursor will start moving around on it s own I have only a little control and Solved: security--mouse and task manager can sometimes manage to click something--before everything hangs or freezes Through trial and error I have discovered that if I log off and Solved: security--mouse and task manager then shut down and reboot the computer acts normal again---for minutes or hours or days If I just reboot without logging off it hangs again and the mouse cursor starts moving wildly on its own again When this occurs Task manager usually will come up with ctl-alt-delete I tried shutting down programs using the most memory or labeled quot not responding quot before I learned the above That sometimes worked for a bit but then the cursor movement would begin again almost immediately Sometimes the task manager doesn t come up and the screen just shows the windows intro screen making me wonder if task manager is involved as well Can anyone help me exorcise my computer nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

My daughter visited the wrong torrent site and suddenly her Inspiron Vista laptop is manager blocked Pop-ups, Security task Warning spewing bogus virus detected warnings and offers to quot activate quot virus removal programs Task manager is blocked security pop-up just as it is killed says it is infected and the only way to quiet the system is to get in right after boot launch the task manager find the alphabet soup process starts with ybqktv and kill it Was able then to run dds scr successfully where it Security Warning Pop-ups, task manager blocked was blocked before Didn t Security Warning Pop-ups, task manager blocked trust leaving the laptop networked so I shut down the wireless and transferred dds src to it with a flash drive no autorun inf Also tried to run GMER exe but it blue-screened on both attempts once the scan started so we have no output file to post yet The only antivirus program she has is McAfee and she says it s up to date with a subscription but this stuff is apparently beyond its reach Thanks for any help ChuckOops sorry about that - didn t paste in the dds txt and attach the Attach txt Try again DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Lisa at on Fri Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic GMT - SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k rpcssC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system SLsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows System WLTRYSVC EXEC Windows System bcmwltry exeC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Windows system WLANExt exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files DellTPad Apoint exeC Program Files Sigmatel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exeC Windows system aestsrv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcsC Program Files Hotspot Shield bin openvpnas exeC Program Files Hotspot Shield HssWPR hsssrv exeC Windows System rundll exeC Program Files Hotspot Shield bin hsswd exeC Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exeC Windows System WLTRAY EXEC Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfevtps exeC Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exeC Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr Communications Helper exeC Program Files Labtec WebCam WebCam exeC Windows WindowsMobile wmdSync exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Windows system STacSV exeC Windows system rundll exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exeC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroupC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mcshield exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exeC Program Files Common Files Mcafee McSvcHost McSvHost exeC Windows system svchost exe -k WindowsMobileC Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exeC Program Files DellTPad HidFind exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Program Files DellTPad Apntex exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr LVComSX exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Windows system taskmgr exeC Windows system WUDFHost exeC Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exeC Windows ser... Read more

A:Security Warning Pop-ups, task manager blocked

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/341445/security-warning-pop-ups-task-manager-blocked/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi There There is a virus that has disguised itself as an Anti Virus program on my computer It has changed my wallpaper to taken Manager or over Task Computer. No 'System msconfig my Security' has an error message several popups keep coming up that appear as an anti virus scan and is open on my right hand tray saying that my computer is infected and I need to run the anti virus I tried Ctrl Alt Delete and this program closes it saying that its infected I tried msconfig from run and this application wont run I have tried add remove and it wont let me open this either saying its infected In fact I cant open any application and it wants me to click through and install this 'anti virus' What options do you think I might have to close this progra which will give me the opportunity to remove it Also there was a similar virus that got on my CPU the other day called 'XP Deluxe' -- 'System Security' has taken over my Computer. No Task Manager or msconfig I was able to delete that but this virus 'System Security' has completely taken 'System Security' has taken over my Computer. No Task Manager or msconfig over but they might be related Any assistance would be greatly appreciated Thanks Kyle

A:'System Security' has taken over my Computer. No Task Manager or msconfig

Hello and welcome to TSF.

A proper set of logs are needed to assess the problem and provide assistance.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/system-security-has-taken-over-my-computer-no-task-manager-or-msconfig-392662.html
Relevancy 64.5%

hello i can t access Task Manager regedit exe and Safe Mode along with that i change the file hidden attributes No antivirus programs run either and my firewall didn t autostart since i think the pc got infected Besides that i found a file in every disk drive named quot g pfnid com quot renamed it to something else to disable it I tried to quot fix quot the keys by HJT and regedit.exe Manager, Security Can't apps Task Access but its all the same on next boot I tried Trojan Remover Malwarebytes Anti-Malware KAV SDFIX but all in vain Below is the HijackThis log and i m also attaching the quot rsit quot logs too Thanks for all your time and help looking into this Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Can't Access Task Manager, regedit.exe and Security apps SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS htpatch exe C Program Files Bandwidth Monitor Pro Bandwidth Monitor Pro exe C Program Files TuneUp Utilities ProcessManager exe C DOCUME bbb LOCALS Temp kvnd exe C DOCUME bbb LOCALS Temp winfttjqi exe C Program Files Opera Opera exe C Program Files FlashGet flashget exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C DOCUME bbb LOCALS Temp lrygnp exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe O - BHO IEVkbdBHO Class - AB -E D - F -A A - FA CCA C - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus ievkbd dll O - BHO IeCatch Class - A -E CA- D - CD - D B - C PROGRA FLASHGET jccatch dll O - HKLM Run HTpatch C WINDOWS htpatch exe O - HKLM Run SmcService C PROGRA Sygate SPF smc exe -startgui O - HKLM Run TrojanScanner C Program Files Trojan Remover Trjscan exe boot O - HKLM Run AVP quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe quot O - HKCU Run Bandwidth Monitor Pro quot C Program Files Bandwidth Monitor Pro Bandwidth Monitor Pro exe quot minimized O - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies System DisableRegedit O - Extra context menu item Download All by FlashGet - C Program Files FlashGet jc all htm O - Extra context menu item Download using FlashGet - C Program Files FlashGet jc link htm O - Extra button FlashGet - D E A -E C - d - D - BA E - C PROGRA FLASHGET flashget exe O - Extra Tools menuitem amp FlashGet - D E A -E C - d - D - BA E - C PROGRA FLASHGET flashget exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF C -C D - -BCA - A E C Creative Software AutoUpdate - http www creative com softwareupdate su ocx CTSUEng cab O - DPF F ACF C-C C- B- BEF- B D Creative Software AutoUpdate Support Package - http www creative com softwareupdate su ocx CTPID cab O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip F - FB- FF - DF -A E FB D NameServer O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip E F E -E DB- ADC- BD - CBA A NameServer O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip F - FB- FF - DF -A E FB D NameServer -- End of file - bytes nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

my security centre is prompting the download of a spyware removing program and i receive popups every - mins i have no access to task manager if u could help in any way it will be much appreciated step actvie scan would not work i hav avast was wondering if it would be better to delete it and retry the scan or keep it as yet hav left well enough alone main txt Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Owner on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created others trojandownloader.xs security and no prompted manager by centre, task a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Removed Heroes of Might and Magic V - - UTC - RP - Spyware Terminator - restore point - - trojandownloader.xs and others prompted by security centre, no task manager UTC - RP - Spyware Terminator - restore point - - UTC - RP - Spyware Terminator - restore point -- First Restore Point -- trojandownloader.xs and others prompted by security centre, no task manager - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------ Emulating logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at - - Platform Windows XP Service Pack MSIE Internet Explorer Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS system smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system ati trojandownloader.xs and others prompted by security centre, no task manager evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system ati evxx exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe E Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe E Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee MNA McNASvc exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee McProxy McProxy exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MpfSrv exe C Program Files Spyware Terminator sp rsser exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C hp KBD kbd exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI HYDRAVISION HydraDM exe C WINDOWS system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI exe C Program Files Philips PSA Skin QveCplSk exe E Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan mcsysmon exe C Program Files Dilberttest Screen Saver FWLink exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system fqjozqze exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Crawler CToolbar exe C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop my mods dss exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www google com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www tiscali co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-qgb hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - CB BF... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/trojandownloader-xs-and-others-prompted-by-security-centre-no-task-manager-242032.html
Relevancy 64.5%

hello i can't access Task Manager regedit exe and Safe Mode along with that i change the file hidden attributes No antivirus programs run either and my firewall didn't autostart since i think the pc got infected Besides that i found a file in every disk drive named quot g pfnid com quot renamed it to something else to disable it I tried to quot fix quot the keys by HJT but its all the same on next boot I tried Trojan Remover Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware KAV SDFIX but all in vain DDS Version - FAT x Run by bbb at on Mon Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV Kaspersky Anti-Virus On-access scanning disabled Outdated FW Sygate Personal Firewall Pro disabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe Can't Security Access apps regedit.exe Manager, Task and C WINDOWS htpatch exe C Program Files Bandwidth Monitor Pro Bandwidth Monitor Pro exe C Program Files TuneUp Utilities ProcessManager exe C DOCUME bbb LOCALS Temp kvnd exe C DOCUME bbb LOCALS Temp winfttjqi exe C Program Files Can't Access Task Manager, regedit.exe and Security apps Opera Opera exe C Program Files FlashGet flashget exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C DOCUME bbb LOCALS Temp lrygnp exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Documents and Settings bbb Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report BHO IEVkbdBHO Class ab -e d - f -a a - fa cca c - c program files kaspersky lab kaspersky anti-virus ievkbd dll BHO IeCatch Class a -e ca- d - cd - d b - c progra flashget jccatch dll uRun Bandwidth Monitor Pro quot c program files bandwidth monitor pro Bandwidth Monitor Pro exe quot minimized mRun HTpatch c windows htpatch exe mRun SmcService c progra sygate spf smc exe -startgui mRun TrojanScanner c program files trojan remover Trjscan exe boot mRun AVP quot c program files kaspersky lab kaspersky anti-virus avp exe quot uPolicies-system DisableRegistryTools x uPolicies-system DisableTaskMgr x mPolicies-system EnableLUA x IE Download All by FlashGet - c program files flashget jc all htm IE Download using FlashGet - c program files flashget jc link htm IE D E A -E C - d - D - BA E - c progra flashget flashget exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe TCP F - FB- FF - DF -A E FB D TCP E F E -E DB- ADC- BD - CBA A FIREFOX FF - ProfilePath - SERVICES DRIVERS R abp n abp n c windows system drivers hmomsn sys S fcvjofnms fcvjofnms c windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs - - S vsdatant vsdatant Created Last - - lt DIR gt --d----- c docume bbb applic FlashFXP - - lt DIR gt a-dshr-- C autorun inf - - lt DIR gt --d----- c docume bbb applic TuneUp Software - - lt DIR gt --d----- c docume bbb applic Simply Super Software - - lt DIR gt --d----- c documents and settings bbb - - lt DIR gt --dsh--- C FOUND - - lt DIR gt --d----- c windows ERUNT - - lt DIR gt --d----- C SDFix - - lt DIR gt --d----- c program files Trend Micro - - a------- c windows system drivers mbam sys - - a------- c windows system drivers mbamswissarmy sys - - lt DIR gt --d----- c program files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - - lt DIR gt --d----- c docume alluse win applic Malwarebytes - - lt DIR gt --d----- c docume alluse win applic Kaspersky Lab - - lt DIR gt --d----- c docume alluse win applic Kaspersky Lab Setup Files - - lt DIR gt --d----- c program files FlashGet - - lt DIR gt --d----- c program files Operaalpha Find M - - a------- c windows system CF exe FINISH

A:Can't Access Task Manager, regedit.exe and Security apps

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Your hard drive is almost full. Having too little free space on your hard drive can compromise system performance.

Quote:

C: is FIXED (FAT32) - 9 GiB total, 0.613 GiB free.

I suggest you move pictures, music, etc. to an external drive or USB stick if you have one and uninstall any programs that are never or hardly ever used.

ComboFix is an extremely powerful tool and is not recommended for unsupervised use.

Doing so could leave your computer unbootable and your data unretrievable.

I need to see the last ComboFix log.

Go to Start > Run and copy/paste the following into the Run box and click OK:

C:\ComboFix.txt

A text file should open. Please post the contents of that file in your next reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/cant-access-task-manager-regedit-exe-and-security-apps-328771.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi There I seem to be having this stupid problem I cannot access my Task Manager and every minute I am getting these annoying Windows Security Update messages I've downloaded Avira and Malware Anti-Malware but the problem still seems to be there I've downloaded Hijackthis here is my log please can someone help me Running processes messages Task Manager Security and Windows No constant C WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Virgin Broadband PCguard Fws exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system No Task Manager and constant Windows Security messages spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cmdagent exeC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC WINDOWS tsnpstd exeC WINDOWS vsnpstd exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exeC WINDOWS system brastia exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files DNA btdna exeC Program Files Common Files Authentium AntiVirus dvpapi exeC Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exeC Program Files CA PPRT bin ITMRTSVC exeC Program Files Raxco PerfectDisk PDAgent exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC WINDOWS system mspaint exeC Program Files Raxco PerfectDisk PDEngine exeC WINDOWS System alg exeC WINDOWS system svchost exec windows pp exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Documents and Settings All Users Application Data exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exec program files avira antivir desktop avnotify exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avnotify exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avnotify exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avnotify exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avnotify exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit c windows system userinit exe C WINDOWS system userinit exe C WINDOWS system sdra exe C WINDOWS system twext exe O - Hosts eggbank comO - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO MSN helper - C B C -FC - b- EBB- F E - bekbn dll file missing O - BHO MS extension - C E - - - - A D A - msjlx dll file missing O - BHO no name - fbf b- b- d - -ae c - no file O - BHO Pop-Up Blocker BHO - C EA -E A - E -A -D B C A - C Program Files Virgin Broadband PCguard pkR dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll file missing O - BHO no name - B D - FCB- B-B -CD F BB C - no file O - BHO no name - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - no file O - BHO no name - D EB- - -ACE -BA AC - no file O - BHO no name - B A- F - F - CD-B AD E - no file O - BHO no name - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - no file O - BHO no name - B B -DF B- AC-BBE -BCC A B B - no file O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run tsnpstd C WINDOWS tsnpstd exeO - HKLM Run snpstd C WINDOWS vsnpstd exeO - HKLM Run Broadbandadvisor exe quot C Program Files V... Read more

A:No Task Manager and constant Windows Security messages

Hi,Your system is severly infected. Problem with these infections nowadays is, it causes a lot of damage. Even if we clean the malware off your system, I can't guarantee that your system will be clean afterwards, because these infections/bundles leave a lot of leftovers behind that most scanners won't even recognise and logs won't show.Also, I can't promise you we can repair all the damage it caused... Even after cleaning the malware, you can still get errors afterwards because of the damage. Solving these is not always possible since it will be searching for a needle in a haystack to find the right cause and solution.So, we can try to clean this up and do what we can, but keep in mind that we can't solve ALL problems this malware already caused.In light of this it would be wise for you to back up any files and folders that you don't want to lose before we start. Reason I am telling this is because when a system is so terribly infected and we try to clean this up manually, the damage that is already present may interfere with our removal attempts. * Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here or HereDouble Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.In case you already used MBAM previously, please update it before proceeding with the scan. To do this, click the "Update" tab and click the "Check For updates" button.Once the program has loaded and updates were downloaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply along with a fresh HijackThis log.Extra Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.In case you can't run it, rename mbam.exe and try again.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/234089/no-task-manager-and-constant-windows-security-messages/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi recently I moved to a new apartment and the first day I was on the network I discovered a couple strange exe files around my computer I was stupid enough to click on one called quot games exe quot that showed up in my shared network places folder and since then I've had strange problems For starters the main symptom is that most non-microsoft exe files have changed color quality to about colors and not just on the desktop but EVERYWHERE on my computer even the miniature icons in the start menu What I have discovered is that clicking on any of these programs starts up a process called quot Nvsvc exe quot that causes my regular task manager to close immediately upon opening and Security threat in Nvsvc.exe Fake 97% Manager Task also makes my computer and internet unbearably slow I can easily end this process using Security Task Manager which sees this process Fake Nvsvc.exe 97% threat in Security Task Manager as a threat but it starts back up any time any of the infected icons are accessed either directly or indirectly I understand that the real quot Nvsvc exe quot is an Nvidia driver file of some sort - this is merely a disguise that some sort of virus or worm is using I have found the malicious and self-regenerating exe file in my C WINDOWS system drivers folder whereas the real quot nvsvc exe quot should and does reside in the C WINDOWS system folder I have spent several days searching the internet for these symptoms but since all I really have to go off of is this fake exe name which I assume is never the same for two people I'm having a really hard time destroying this bug Any and all help is greatly appreciated Thanks Ross P S This is the text contained within the file which will hopefully help in identifying the type of bug this is Sorry for the length -------- bH nbtedwgispy u TIconImage EA UhoAd d EPj Symantec AntiVirus System Safety Monitor System Repair Engineer Wrapped gift Killer SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run Network Associates Error Reporting Service Symantec Core LC if exist Documents and Settings System Volume Information Windows NT Windows Media Player Outlook Express Internet Explorer Common Files ComPlus Applications InstallShield Installation Information Microsoft Frontpage Movie Maker MSN Gamin Zone Documents and Settings System Volume Information Windows NT Windows Media Player Outlook Express Internet Explorer Common Files ComPlus Applications InstallShield Installation Information Microsoft Frontpage Movie Maker MSN Gamin Zone Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Startup Documents and Settings All Users WINDOWS Start Menu Programs Startup WINNT Profiles All Users Start Menu Programs Startup cmd exe c net share cmd exe c net share admin del yU Runtime error at MS Sans Serif Service Pack List count out of bounds List index out of bounds Out of memory while expanding memory stream Stream read error s Seek not implemented Operation not allowed on sorted list Stream write error Bitmap image is not valid Icon image is not valid Cannot change the size of an icon Out of system resources Canvas does not allow drawing Clipboard does not support Icons Cannot assign a List does not allow duplicates String list does not allow duplicates Cannot create file Cannot open file Invalid property value Abstract Error Access violation at address System Error Code Variant or safe array is locked Invalid variant type conversion Invalid variant operation Invalid variant operation s Could not convert variant of type Overflow while converting variant of type Variant overflow Invalid argument Invalid variant type Operation not supported Unexpected variant error External exception Assertion failed Interface not supported Exception in safecall method s line Invalid pointer operation Invalid class typecast Access violation at address Access violation Stack overflow Privileged instruction Application Error Format No argument for format Variant method calls not supported Error creating variant or safe a... Read more

A:Fake Nvsvc.exe 97% threat in Security Task Manager

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/251381/fake-nvsvcexe-97-threat-in-security-task-manager/
Relevancy 64.5%

Well I recently downloaded security task manager and it said
14 services and 23 drivers are active and do not belong in the operating system.
1 services and 2 drivers are potentially suspicious and should be examined
0 services and 2 drivers are potentially dangerous and should be examined.
What should I do?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/162925/security-task-manager-device-and-service-report/
Relevancy 64.07%

Ok well i have a lot of problems and i need help quickly

1)Task Manager, I got a virus a few days ago and when i start Task Manager it dosnt show it all

2)Contorl Panel, When i open Control Panel it comes up with the little flashlight (searching) and then it just closes

3) Security Center, When i try open it it comes up with a shell32.dll error
Iv tryed regcure and registry booster but there not free and dont help and im not buying it for one problem...

Please help me soon

A:Task Manager,Control panel and Security Center problems

Ok so no one helped me
Thank god i fixed it my self.
May as well tell you how so i can help other.
For task man just dubble clicked it to make it work
and just needed to update IE for others

That was damn simple why did no one help me

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/task-manager-control-panel-and-security-center-problems-308592.html
Relevancy 64.07%

i am having a issue with my task manager being disabled and my win security updater being dsabled please help

A:task manager is disabled and auto security updater is diabled

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

Scroll down to #51 on the right side. Download and run Enable the Task Manager.

As for the "win security updater" are you referring to windows updates?

It sounds like you have been attacked with malware.

Don't Panic! The HJT Support Team are very proficient with these sorts of things.

With that said,
I recommend that you read this article? "IMPORTANT - 5 Step Process: Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help"; follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information; as instructed, in the HiJackThis Log Help Forum.
(Simply, click on the coloured links to be re-directed.)

Please ensure that you create a new thread in the HiJackThis Log Help Forum; not back here in this one.

When carrying out The 5 Steps, if you cannot complete any of them for whatever reason, just continue on with the next one until they are all completed.
However,it is extremely important to make mention of the fact that you could not complete any of the steps in your post to The HJT Help Forum; where an Analyst will assist you with other workarounds.

Once done, please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can.

After your system has been verified as clean, if your are still experiencing those problems come back here and we will assist you further.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/task-manager-is-disabled-and-auto-security-updater-is-diabled-254964.html
Relevancy 64.07%

So I'm fixing my mom's computer after her neighbor gave her a cd with a quot free quot copy of Photoshop False Security Windows Manager Disabled Task Notifications, It's now infected ways to sunday Here's the symptoms Fake security control panel that takes you to a website to purchase spyware removal software I found the service in Services msc and it was False Windows Security Notifications, Disabled Task Manager titled quot MsSecurity Updated quot but I could not False Windows Security Notifications, Disabled Task Manager disable it It disabled the task manager and even when going into regedit and changing the value of the quot Disabled Task Manager quot from to I would not be able to gain access to it Overall slow computerNow I ran ComboFix and it was able to repair most False Windows Security Notifications, Disabled Task Manager of those problems but I know there are still some remnants of the Virus still rooted in the system I also have that log file if it is needed I also ran the Kapersky online virus scan and will post that along with my DSS HiJack This log I appreciate all your assistance in this situation I will be more than happy to answer any other questions you might have Kapersky Virus Scan Log------------------------------------------------------------------------------- KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER REPORT Tuesday April PM Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack Build Kaspersky Online Scanner version Kaspersky Anti-Virus database last update Kaspersky Anti-Virus database records -------------------------------------------------------------------------------Scan Settings Scan using the following antivirus database extended Scan Archives true Scan Mail Bases trueScan Target - My Computer A C D E F Scan Statistics Total number of scanned objects Number of viruses found Number of infected objects Number of suspicious objects Duration of the scan process Infected Object Name Virus Name Last ActionC Documents and Settings All Users Application Data fivadmri rgzofuny exe Infected Trojan Win Obfuscated we skippedC Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Microsoft Crypto DSS MachineKeys dae f f f cff cda c a- - e -a -da c aeb Object is locked skippedC Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Microsoft Crypto DSS MachineKeys a c c e d a f a ff f c c a- - e -a -da c aeb Object is locked skippedC Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Microsoft Crypto RSA MachineKeys d f b cfe c cc fa db f c c a- - e -a -da c aeb Object is locked skippedC Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Microsoft Crypto RSA MachineKeys afb ac d a d bd cf b c c a- - e -a -da c aeb Object is locked skippedC Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Microsoft Crypto RSA MachineKeys da d d eb e b f c a- - e -a -da c aeb Object is locked skippedC Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Microsoft Crypto RSA MachineKeys ff d ab b a f f abea e c a- - e -a -da c aeb Object is locked skippedC Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Microsoft Crypto RSA MachineKeys f bd a f ff aecebfc f b f c a- - e -a -da c aeb Object is locked skippedC Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Microsoft Crypto RSA MachineKeys aa bcf f e d cd c c c a- - e -a -da c aeb Object is locked skippedC Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Microsoft Crypto RSA MachineKeys c c a ad df c bf c a- - e -a -da c aeb Object is locked skippedC Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Microsoft Crypto RSA MachineKeys c c e d acc bbd f aba eaa c a- - e -a -da c aeb Object is locked skippedC Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Microsoft Crypto RSA MachineKeys d c b e cb cecb e a c a- - e -a -da c aeb Object is locked skippedC Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Microsoft Crypto RSA MachineKeys e c fe aef ff a cb c a- - e -a -da c aeb Object is locked skippedC Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Microsoft Dr Watson user dmp Object is locked ... Read more

A:False Windows Security Notifications, Disabled Task Manager

Hello LukyDaDonky,I apologise for the delay. The forum is too busy.Your pc is still infected.Please avoid running any other tools, or making fixes on your own.----------------------------------------------I will be assisting you with your malware issues.Whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.Continue to respond to this thread until I give you the All Clean! If you have any question or you're stuck in there please reply it to me. I will try my best to help you!Please bookmark or favourite this page. In case you need it as reference or etc.IMPORTANT NOTE:If you are using Windows Vista you must right click on the desktop icon and choose Run as Administrator all tools.---------------------------------------------- UNINSTALL COMBOFIX Click START then RUN Now type Combofix /u in the runbox and click OK. Note the space between the X and the U, it needs to be there. You can also delete any logs we have produced, and empty your Recycle bin.----------------------------------------------Download and Run HijackThis Download HJTInstall.exe to your Desktop. Doubleclick HJTInstall.exe to install it. By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis . Click on Install. It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop. Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis. Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad. Copy/Paste the log to your next reply please.Don't use the Analyse This button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted. Don't have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.----------------------------------------------Post back:A new HijackThis log.Is your Task manager still disabled?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/143199/false-windows-security-notifications-disabled-task-manager/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello everyone I would like to thank everyone that is involved in this forum in advance I have spent several hours reading post and comments and found them to be very professional and informative Thank you all I am not the most computer savvy individual in the world but I have and Blue Task Redirects Manager Desk About:Security, Pop-ups to Disabled Top that fallowed the five steps as directed and feel confident I am prepared to submit my problem for a potential solution by this highly qualified staff The Issue My desktop recently turned blue with a message that Warned of Spyware that threatened my computer I have taken several screen shots and posted Blue Desk Top that Redirects to About:Security, Pop-ups and Disabled Task Manager them at the fallowing link in hopes that it will aid in your solution process I have added notes to the different photos so you understand exactly what is going on http www jrandallventures com Help html In addition my task manager has been disabled or simply is not working and my computer has become very sluggish Additional information I am currently running Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version with Service Pack What I have done I have fallowed the steps to the best of my ability and I am prepared to offer any of the information that was generated in the different processes I have tried to be as specific as I can with my limited knowledge of the subject I have described the problem in detail at the above link and provided Screnshots I have only attached the extra txt log because I used Deckards System Scanner as directed in section of the five steps My goal It is my intention to use this forum to better understand the vulnerabilities my computer is facing these days and with the support of this forum have the ability to help myself Once again thank you to everyone on this sight Although my problem is not yet fixed and at times very frustrating just going through the steps to prepare myself for this post has been a very positive experience My extra txt log Deckard's System Scanner v Extra logfile - please post this as an attachment with your post -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Information ---------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Windows XP Professional build SP Architecture X Language English CPU Intel R Pentium R M processor GHz Percentage of Memory in Use Physical Memory total avail MiB MiB Pagefile Memory total avail MiB MiB Virtual Memory total avail MiB MiB C is Fixed NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM No Media PHYSICALDRIVE - ST A - GiB - partitions PARTITION - Unknown - MiB PARTITION bootable - Installable File System - GiB - C -- Security Center ------------------------------------------------------------- AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install -- Environment Variables ------------------------------------------------------- ALLUSERSPROFILE C Documents and Settings All Users APPDATA C Documents and Settings Jason Randall Application Data CLASSPATH C Program Files Java jre lib ext QTJava zip CLIENTNAME Console COLLECTIONID COL CommonProgramFiles C Program Files Common Files COMPUTERNAME RANDLE- S DIYSG ComSpec C WINDOWS system cmd exe FP NO HOST CHECK NO HMSERVER https wwss pro cce hp com wuss servlet WUSSServlet HOMEDRIVE C HOMEPATH Documents and Settings Jason Randall ITEMID dj- - KDS LANGUAGE LANG LOGONSERVER RANDLE- S DIYSG NUMBER OF PROCESSORS OS Windows NT OSVER winXPP Path C Program Files Mozilla Firefox C WINDOWS system C WINDOWS C WINDOWS System Wbem C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn C Program Files QuickTime QTSystem c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools binn PATHEXT COM EXE BAT CMD VBS VBE JS JSE WSF WSH PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE x PROCESSOR IDENTIFIER x Family Model Stepping GenuineIntel PROCESSOR LEVEL PROCESSOR REVISION d ProgramFiles C Program Files PROMPT P G QTJAVA C Program Files Java jre lib ext QTJava zip SESSIONID ... Read more

A:Blue Desk Top that Redirects to About:Security, Pop-ups and Disabled Task Manager

main.txt

Deckard's System Scanner v20071014.68
Run by Jason Randall on 2008-07-20 2038
Computer is in Normal Mode.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Restore --------------------------------------------------------------

Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point.
-- Last 5 Restore Point(s) --
43: 2008-07-21 0251 UTC - RP505 - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point
42: 2008-07-20 11:21:36 UTC - RP504 - RegCure Backup
41: 2008-07-20 11:21:12 UTC - RP503 - RegCure Backup
40: 2008-07-20 09:18:55 UTC - RP502 - Software Distribution Service 3.0
39: 2008-07-20 05:09:25 UTC - RP501 - Software Distribution Service 3.0
-- First Restore Point --
1: 2008-05-13 02:20:17 UTC - RP463 - System Checkpoint
Backed up registry hives.
Performed disk cleanup.

-- HijackThis (run as Jason Randall.exe) ---------------------------------------

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 8:11:07 PM, on 7/20/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP3 (6.00.2900.5512)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\TGTSoft\StyleXP\StyleXPService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\S24EvMon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZCfgSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\1XConfig.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\uoyzsydz.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LVCOMSX.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\EKIJ5000MUI.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\wcescomm.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 4.0\Distillr\AcroTray.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\rapimgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\printer\center\KodakSvc.exe
c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Binn\sqlservr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~3\PcCtlCom.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~3\PcScnSrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RegSrvc.exe
c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared\sqlwriter.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~3\Tmntsrv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~3\TmPfw.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~3\tmproxy.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~3\PccGuide.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Jason Randall\Desktop\dss.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\HIJACK~1\Jason Randall.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = localhost;<local>
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,C:\WINDOWS\system32\uoyzsydz.exe,
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {00110011-4b0b-44d5-9718-90c88817369b} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {0320814C-6A74-4775-A594-26DC5D71648E} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {086ae192-23a6-48d6-96ec-715f53797e85} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {0B754E4C-318C-4535-B308-285FE1880158} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {139E524A-CE73-42DD-BEEF-1C6D0DB76FFE} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {150fa160-130d-451f-b863-b655061432ba} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {156C5503-4096-46A0-A8D7-10BCAA4EAC05} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {17da0c9e-4a27-4ac5-bb75-5d24b8cdb972} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {1D50CC5C-C01C-4C55-A96F-B8B2F13797F1} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {1f48aa48-c53a-4e21-85e7-ac7cc6b5ffb1} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {1f48aa48-c53a-4e21-85e7-ac7cc6b5ffb2} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {1FDB926F-BA08-448F-9A86-31E432FA3E3C} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {22223... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/blue-desk-top-that-redirects-to-about-security-pop-ups-and-disabled-task-manager-271750.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Some friend recommended 360 Total Security to me and I've been using it for a while seem to be working fine.

Recently I ran a complete virus scan using 360 and nothing was found. But my computer still had some problems. So I installed Malewarebyes and ran a scan and it found quite a few maleware including some PUP and Trojan.Agent. 

Although the result was like this, some people told me not to believe Malewarebytes too much, because it often find lots of maleware while there actually wasn't any. They do this just try to sell their software.

I'm not sure if it's true about the Malewarebytes. 

Is 360 Total security good enough for protecting my computer? Or do I need to also install Malewarebytes?

A:Which one is better? 360 Total Security or Malewarebytes?

360 Total Security is an ant-virus program. Malwarebytes is an anti-malware program.Anti-virus and anti-malware programs each perform different tasks as it relates to computer security and threat detection. Essentially, they look for and remove different types of malicious threats.In simplistic terms, Anti-virus programs use massive databases with different scanning engines and detection methods to scan for infectious malware which includes viruses, worms, Trojans, rootkis and bots. Anti-virus software is inherently reactive...meaning it usually finds malware after a computer has been infected. Further, if you're dealing with zero-day malware it's unlikely the anti-virus is going to detect anything.Anti-malware programs use smaller databases and generally tend to focus more on adware, spyware, unwanted toolbars, browser hijackers, potentially unwanted programs and potentially unsafe applications.Anti-virus and Anti-malware solutions with anti-exploitation features protect against zero-day malware, drive-by downloads, exploits and Exploit Kits.The Difference Between Antivirus and Anti-MalwareWhat's the difference between antivirus and anti-malware?Malware Remover vs. Antivirus Software: What's the Difference?Antivirus and Antispyware Software: What's The Difference?What Is the Difference Between Antivirus & Antispyware?Use an Anti-Exploit Program to Help Protect Your PC From Zero-Day Attacks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/629375/which-one-is-better-360-total-security-or-malewarebytes/
Relevancy 63.21%

Who ever can help me I'm really frustrated. I have a trojan I think, but I can't seem find anything that can help me clean this thing up. I've killed many viruses going the regedit route before, but only if I've been able to get information on what course to take. I'm not an Einstein, but I can fix this if anyone can give me a clue as to what is going on.

A:I think a virus has disabled my Task Manager, Norton Internet Security, and Anti-Vir

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-think-a-virus-has-disabled-my-task-manager-norton-internet-security-and-anti-vir.245719/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi I downloaded file from an unreliable source and gave my system some big problems It immediately put quot Error Cleaner quot and quot Privacy Protector quot shortcuts on my desktop and gave it a url-linked out Task etc. update, Manager, Security of System Windows Restore, Locked gif background All my system dates now display with quot VIRUS ALERT Locked out of System Restore, Task Manager, Windows Security update, etc. quot appended and alert dialog boxes appear at frequent intervals although not Locked out of System Restore, Task Manager, Windows Security update, etc. now running in safe mode It has hidden many tools and files Start menu has no Start Programs Control Panel no hard drives visible Locked out of System Restore, Task Manager, Windows Security update, etc. when I explore quot My Computer and has disabled the Windows Security auto-update which I can t change I cannot use the System Restore and when I look at the System Volume Information restore directory each folder has its rp log and RestorePointSize files modified I actually began to follow the advice of another thread and downloaded Kaspersky but I could not install it Thanks for any help My HJT log below Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at VIRUS ALERT on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Acer eManager anbmServ exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C downloads HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http softwarereferral com jump php wmid amp mid MjI Ojg amp lid R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http global acer com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook AOLTBSearch Class - EA - - DB- F -D CA FB C D - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll R - URLSearchHook no name - EA - - DB- F -D CA FB C D - no file O - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - -F - -B -FBEE C B DF - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser UIBHO dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - DE C F- - A - B-AA ED D - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll O - Toolbar rtsplgob - FF -A - F - B - F F F - C WINDOWS rtsplgob dll O - HKLM Run LaunchApp Alaunch O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr quot C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe quot O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh quot C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe quot O - HKLM Run PCMService quot C Program Files Aspire Arcade PCMService exe quot O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE q... Read more

A:Locked out of System Restore, Task Manager, Windows Security update, etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/locked-out-of-system-restore-task-manager-windows-security-update-etc.720224/
Relevancy 63.21%

I m trying to fix a computer for a friend and I do know that they have internet security tools malware on there among other malware I & w/ from .exe Internet running.... malware blocked task Security files manager have been able to install Malware bytes but can t get it to run even in safe mode Spybot installation almost finishes but takes me to the blue memory dump Internet Security malware w/ .exe files & task manager blocked from running.... screen at the last second Taskmanager has been disabled and I can t even get to it from a dos prompt I have tried to get the rkill file off the internet to kill the processes but keep getting redirected away from the site I m pretty much on my last hope and need some help Here is the Hijack log Any help would be GREATLY appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network supportRunning processes C Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system smss exeC Program Files IObit IObit Security is exeC Program Files IObit IObit Security is tray exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC Program Files InternetSecurity IS exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http my att net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit C Windows system winlogon exeO - Hosts localhostO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dllO - BHO McAntiPhishingBHO - C E- F E- D C- F-F BD D CF - C Program Files McAfee MSK mcapbho dllO - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan scriptsn dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor - BF - F - - - FE E AA - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll file missing O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - HKLM Run SiteAdvisor quot C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe quot O - HKLM Run mcagent exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe runkeyO - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeO - HKLM Run CanonMyPrinter C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exe logonO - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run IObit Security quot C Program Files IObit IObit Security IS tray exe quot autostartO - HKLM Run MSConfig quot C Windows system msconfig exe quot autoO - HKLM Run smss exe C Windows system smss exeO - HKLM RunOnce Launcher WINDIR SMINST launcher exeO - HKLM RunOnce GrpConv grpconv -oO - HKCU Run MySpaceIM C Program Files MySpace IM MySpaceIM exeO - HKCU Run ehTray exe C Windows ehome ehTray exeO - HKCU Run swg quot C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe quot O - HKCU Run Skype quot C Pro... Read more

A:Internet Security malware w/ .exe files & task manager blocked from running....

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below I will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREAndWe Need to check for Rootkits with RootRepealDownload RootRepeal from the following location and save it to your desktop.First LocationSecond LocationThird LocationOpen on your desktop.Click the tab.Click the button.Check all seven boxes: Push OkCheck the box for your main system drive (Usually C:), and press Ok.Allow RootRepeal to run a scan of your system. This may take some time.Once the scan completes, push the button. Save the log to your desktop, using a distinctive name, such as RootRepeal.txt. Include this report in your next reply, please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/290135/internet-security-malware-w-exe-files-task-manager-blocked-from-running/
Relevancy 63.21%

I performed steps - as requested before posting this thread Spybot has found the following Smitfraud-C Microsoft Windows security Center Task Manager FaSSt Accoona Aconti AdBreak CnsMin Deskwizz INetSpeak Smitfraud-C generic SWAgent Here is my main txt from Deckards Deckard's System Scanner v Run by The Janiszewski on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Smitfraud-C, Manager Pop-ups: security Microsoft Constant Windows Center.Task Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - Restore Operation - - UTC - RP - Restore Operation - - UTC - RP - Restore Operation Constant Pop-ups: Smitfraud-C, Microsoft Windows security Center.Task Manager -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - Installed Test Drive Unlimited Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis run as The Janiszewski exe ------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system rxjddnvj exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C Constant Pop-ups: Smitfraud-C, Microsoft Windows security Center.Task Manager WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA INCRED bin ImApp exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings The Janiszewski Desktop dss exe C PROGRA TRENDM HIJACK The Janiszewski exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe C WINDOWS system rxjddnvj exe O - Hosts auto search msn com O - Hosts auto search msn es O - BHO no name - -d e - bc -a bd- d ca be - no file O - BHO no name - - e- aac-afd -eff a dd - no file O - BHO no name - e f -a e - b -b - bf db fb - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - dfedaa- - d -bfc - b a d - no file O - BHO no name - F - D - - AD - C D ADC - no file O - BHO no name - adbcce -cf - e- b -afc a c a - no file O - BHO no name - d cb -cc c- -a e -f b d bcf - no file O - BHO no name - ef - a a- d - -b e cc - no file O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - C D -A AB- B-B D-FD C FEF - no file O - BHO no name - - - - A - F D - no file O - BHO no name - bc-a - a d- cdf-ba c f e - no file O - BHO no name - abc a- e - d -b b-d c f a c - no file O - BHO SSVHe... Read more

A:Constant Pop-ups: Smitfraud-C, Microsoft Windows security Center.Task Manager

Please download SDFix from here and save it to your desktop

Double click SDFix.exe and it will extract the files to %systemdrive%
(Drive that contains the Windows Directory, typically C:\SDFix)

Please then reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :
Restart your computer
After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
Instead of Windows loading as normal, the Advanced Options Menu should appear;
Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press Enter.
Choose your usual account.

Open the extracted SDFix folder and double click RunThis.bat to start the script.
Type Y to begin the cleanup process.
It will remove any Trojan Services and Registry Entries that it finds then prompt you to press any key to Reboot.
Press any Key and it will restart the PC.
When the PC restarts the Fixtool will run again and complete the removal process then display Finished, press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.
Once the desktop icons load the SDFix report will open on screen and also save into the SDFix folder as Report.txt
(Report.txt will also be copied to Clipboard ready for posting back on the forum).
Post that log in your next reply.

=================================

Ok.Lets begin with ComboFix.exe. Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running the tool:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix
When the tool is finished, it will produce a report for you.
Please post the "C:\ComboFix.txt" along with a new HijackThis log so we can continue to do any further cleaning that your system may require.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/constant-pop-ups-smitfraud-c-microsoft-windows-security-center-task-manager-223928.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi I am having problems with my RUN or Error Fake APPLICATIONS TASK Security CANNOT Center, MANAGER Popup, AVCare, other computer It seemed to Fake Security Center, AVCare, Error Popup, CANNOT RUN TASK MANAGER or APPLICATIONS be infected with a fake virus warning a few days ago and I rad a few virus scans and removed everything that was found Since then I have had numerous quot Your computer is infected quot popups in my System Tray that lead to AVCare opening Fake Security Center, AVCare, Error Popup, CANNOT RUN TASK MANAGER or APPLICATIONS up and beginning to run on its own I cannot open Task Manager or some applications as an error pops up reading quot Application cannot be executed The file is infected Please activate your antivirus software quot This happens in Safe Mode too When in Normal Mode the AVCare runs in about different windows and I usually get around - System Tray Icons of the fake security center I am unsure what to do now as I can only run some things and in Normal mode I get so many popups and AVCare windows that it becomes filled with the windows and system tray icons Please help me anything is appreciated Also I am typing this on my other computer as I had trouble getting online with the infected computer but that computer is accessible once I need to do something to start the process of healing it Thank you

A:Fake Security Center, AVCare, Error Popup, CANNOT RUN TASK MANAGER or APPLICATIONS

You could try this scan:http://www.freedrweb.com/livecd

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/250372/fake-security-center-avcare-error-popup-cannot-run-task-manager-or-applications/
Relevancy 61.06%

Computer is running slow and won't load Task Manager Task never on open 100% but opens suddenly Manager, Task CPU to trying Manager noticed that CPU CPU suddenly 100% on trying to open Task Manager, but Task Manager never opens usage suddenly goes to if I try to open Task Manager however it never loads Likewise for Chrome and many other antivirus malware software They all work once I get into Safe Mode however they find nothing The anti-rootkit programs all complain about a driver not loading- possible rootkit infection or cause I'm in Safe Mode Here are my logs Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Joseph administrator on CPU suddenly 100% on trying to open Task Manager, but Task Manager never opens JOSEPH-DESKTOP - - Running from F Loaded Profiles Joseph amp Guest Wifi Available Profiles Joseph amp Guest Wifi amp Guest Platform Windows Home Version X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Safe Mode with Networking Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows HelpPane exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Windows Defender MpCmdRun exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe Malwarebytes C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System smartscreen exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run NvBackend gt C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe - - NVIDIA Corporation HKLM Run ShadowPlay gt C WINDOWS system nvspcap dll - - NVIDIA Corporation HKLM Run iTunesHelper gt C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe - - Apple Inc HKLM Run WindowsDefender gt C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCuiL exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run HDAudDeck gt C Program Files x VIA VIAudioi VDeck VDeck exe - - VIA HKLM-x Run APSDaemon gt C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher gt C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrobat sl exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run Acrobat Assistant gt C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe - - Adobe Systems Inc HKLM-x Run Adobe ID EYTHM gt C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Adobe Version Cue CS Server bin VersionCueCS Tray exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run HP Software Update gt C Program Files x Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe - - Hewlett-Packard HKLM-x Run gt X HKLM-x Run Wondershare Helper Compact exe gt C Program Files x Common Files Wondershare Wondershare Helper Compact WSHelper exe - - Wondershare HKLM-x Run Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit gt C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit mbae exe Winlogon Notify igfxcui igfxdev dll X HKU S- - - - - - - Run F lux gt C Users Joseph AppData Local FluxSoftware Flux flux exe - - Flux Software LLC HKU S- - - - - - - Run Google Update gt C Users Joseph AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe - - Google Inc HKU S- - - - - - - Run HP Deskjet J series NET gt C Program Files HP HP Deskjet J series Bin ScanToPCActivationApp exe - - Hewlett-Packard Co HKU S- - - - - - - RunOnce Report gt AdwCleaner AdwCleaner C txt - - AppInit DLLs C Windows system nvinitx dll gt No File ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers DropboxExt - gt FB ED -A - B - E -CDD E AF B gt C Users Joseph AppData Roaming Dropbox bin DropboxExt dll - - Dropbox Inc ShellIconOverlayIde... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/630642/cpu-suddenly-100-on-trying-to-open-task-manager-but-task-manager-never-opens/
Relevancy 58.05%

OK this is my sad story Windows Manager, Hosts, Anti-Virus Security Center Invisible No Task Virus I had to install McAfee Host Intrusion Prevention HIPS for a contract with a company - in order to use their VPN HIPS is required Long story short I uninstalled firewall virus proctection - then had issue with the AT amp T VPN HIPS configuration Left my computer unsecured and when I returned I was greeted with an extemely loud teradactyl screech Invisible Hosts, No Task Manager, Windows Security Center Anti-Virus Virus on first webpage I visited After climbing down from the ceiling and Invisible Hosts, No Task Manager, Windows Security Center Anti-Virus Virus cleaning up my spilled coffee I was wide awake after the ear-splitting screech I noticed a quot Windows security Invisible Hosts, No Task Manager, Windows Security Center Anti-Virus Virus center quot message advising me I had viruses I tried to access the oracle of all knowledge to ascertain the damage google could not be accessed I felt withdrawl symptoms begin almost immediately Other web pages could be accessed no problem just not google or bing Task manager was no longer functional even in safe mode from the DOS prompt I tried the HIPS installation with without firewall and internet connection Received the following error message from InstallShield Window Title quot Host Intrustion Protection - InstallShield Wizard quot message was quot This installation was halted for the following reasons Install Failed Unable to silently launch embedded setup Perfect Next tried PC Tools Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus which appeared to install but protection was OFF and couldn t be activated The Subscription Database Version intelli-signatures subscription last scan and last smart update could not be verified and all said quot Checking quot but apparently never checked out Tried a couple of other virus programs but could get none to install and work Next ran Striker program from McAfee and Rkill this at least fixed the quot windows security center quot issue Next ran gmer zip in order to delete the quot invisible quot hosts file HostsXpert and DOS more command showed the file but only gmer could delete successfully Thus I am partly fixed but I strongly suspect there may be additional cleaning to be done and I have no real clue what needs to be cleaned Thus I am posting the requested information in the requested format in hopes some kind soul will take a look and steer me in the right direction A note on the GMER log I never got this program to run to completion but it ran for a couple hours at least Error with c Program files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe and an error message box entitled quot Windows delayed Write Failed quot - message was quot Windows was unable to save all of the data for the file Device HarddiskVolume windows System config Appevent evt The data has been lost This error may be caused by a failure of our computer hardware or network connection Please try to save this file elsewhere After restarting and running GMER again a GMER warning box appeared entitled quot GMER quot - message - quot WARNING GMER has found system modification which might have been caused by ROOTKIT activity Dou you want to fully scan your system quot I replied yes to fully scan with the same results as before DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by jspyres at on Fri Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Internet Security Essentials Enabled Updated AA-D - B D- C - BC D FW Internet Security Essentials Enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exe ... Read more

A:Invisible Hosts, No Task Manager, Windows Security Center Anti-Virus Virus

Hello and welcome to the forums!My secret agent name on the forums is SweetTech (you can call me ST for short), it's a pleasure to meet you. I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems.If you have since resolved the issues you were originally experiencing, or have received help elsewhere, please inform me so that this topic can be closed. If you have not, please adhere to the guidelines below and then follow instructions as outlined further below:Logs from malware removal programs (OTL is one of them) can take some time to analyze. I need you to be patient while I analyze any logs you post. Please remember, I am a volunteer, and I do have a life outside of these forums.Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you. Attention to detail is important! Since I cannot see or directly interact with your computer I am dependent on you to "be my eyes" and provide as much information as you can regarding the current state of your computer.If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, do NOT continue! Stop and ask!In Windows Vista and Windows 7, all tools need to be started by right clicking and selecting Run as Administrator!These instructions have been specifically tailored to your computer and the issues you are experiencing with your computer. It's important to note that these instructions are not suitable for any other computer, even if the issues are fairly similar.Do not do things I do not ask for, such as running a spyware scan on your computer. The one thing that you should always do, is to make sure sure that your anti-virus definitions are up-to-date!Please do not use the Attachment feature for any log file. Do a Copy/Paste of the entire contents of the log file and submit it inside your post.I am going to stick with you until ALL malware is gone from your system. I would appreciate it if you would do the same. From this point, we're in this together ;)
Because of this, you must reply within three days failure to reply will result in the topic being closed!Please do not PM me directly for help. If you have any questions, post them in this topic.Lastly, I am no magician. I will try very hard to fix your issues, but no promises can be made. Also be aware that some infections are so severe that you might need to resort to reformatting and reinstalling your operating system.
Don't worry, this only happens in severe cases, but it sadly does happen. Be prepared to back up your data. Have means of backing up your data available.____________________________________________________Running OTLWe need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimized

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/384609/invisible-hosts-no-task-manager-windows-security-center-anti-virus-virus/
Relevancy 55.9%

Okay so this problem happened slowly First I just recently got internet the day this happened Then my computer starts slowing down Then applications are not running saying null and that they are not win compatible programs Then I can't access the task manager it says it's been disabled by the administrator Which is Then my or things manager. bar. no Task shows Running Dektop through up icons with task logon screen changes to just a black screen with a plain prompt style logon screen Then when I log in it's just my desk top background with no icons or task bar and I can't do anything and most times it just immediately logs back off It does the same thing in safe mode I can't do system recovery As soon as I logged in I smashed a bunch of keys and got the task manager to pop up and I've been running things through that I downloaded HJT and have a log here This is very urgent as I have some Dektop shows up with no icons or task bar. Running things through Task manager. pretty pricey software on here I'm a graphic design student with alot of homework and I'm really stressed out right now and would love to get this problem resolved Here is my log please help me out Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Unable to get Internet Explorer version Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Spyware Doctor svcntaux exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor swdsvc exe C Program Files Comcast Desktop Doctor bin sprtsvc exe c iobtxx exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor SDTrayApp exe C Program Files Adobe Adobe Photoshop CS Photoshop exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exe L Tommys Stuff FirefoxPortable App firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C WINDOWS system MsiExec exe C WINDOWS system MsiExec exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Comcast R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer O - BHO no name - -d e - bc -a bd- d ca be - no file O - BHO no name - - e- aac-afd -eff a dd - no file O - BHO no name - e f -a e - b -b - bf db fb - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - adbcce -cf - e- b -afc a c a - no file O - BHO no name - d cb -cc c- -a e -f b d bcf - no file O - BHO no name - ef - a a- d - -b e cc - no file O - BHO no name - abc a- e - d -b b-d c f a c - no file O - BHO no name - a - - e - a -a e f f - no file O - BHO Her - D B B-F DF- ee-B - B FA C - C WINDOWS system sipov dll O - BHO no name - a a cf- - d - bd- a - no file O - BHO aivskurq msdn hlp - A E B -D C - B -BF -C F F A - C WINDOWS system aivskurq dll O - BHO no name - c e - - a e- f - a b - no file O - BHO no name - c ca - cf - b - b - a fd - no file O - BHO no name - c af - c - dfb- - ab a - no file O - BHO no name - d efadf - - d - c - c dc - no file O - BHO no name - e a a-a - -b c-da f - no file O - BHO no name - e - e- e - d - beef c - no file O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKLM Run CoolSwitch C WINDOWS system taskswitch exe O - HKLM Run Exp... Read more

A:Dektop shows up with no icons or task bar. Running things through Task manager.

I don't mean to bump this, I just would like to point out that i was only able to complete Step 1.

I removed all of those programs that I found, I had to use appwiz.cpl in task manager.

The other steps I couldn't perform because I can't use IE. My system also noted the files as corrupt or not compatible with Win 32.

And I need to use IE to do the online PC scan thing as well.

I'm really sorry, I hope I can still get some help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/dektop-shows-up-with-no-icons-or-task-bar-running-things-through-task-manager-191135.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a etc Bar/Safe Mode/Symantec disabled.... Sites Manager/Task Task combination of all the syptoms more The task bar is locked and I cant access the start menu Please advise me if I can avoid a reinstall Many thanks DDS Ver - Task Manager/Task Bar/Safe Mode/Symantec Sites etc disabled.... - - NTFSx Run by Aroop Roy at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system WgaTray exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system MAFWTray exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor Task Manager/Task Bar/Safe Mode/Symantec Sites etc disabled.... exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C WINDOWS vsnpstd exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files DNA btdna exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exe C Documents and Settings Aroop Roy Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files Uniblue RegistryBooster RegistryBooster exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C DOCUME AROOPR LOCALS Temp winodfm exe C DOCUME AROOPR LOCALS Temp vscxh exe C Program Files WinRAR dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp mixi jp uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s mURLSearchHooks H - No File BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Skype add-on mastermind bf b-c d - d - a -a f ba c - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer c e -b - bc - - c ca - c program files real realplayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c program files spybot - search amp destroy SDHelper dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c program files microsoft office office GrooveShellExtensions dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO AOL Toolbar Launcher c - cb - a -b f - ea c f - c program files aol aim toolbar aoltb dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class ae cd -e - f- - ee - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch c d fe-e d- -bb - c e e c e - c program files google google toolbar component fastsearch B E dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jq... Read more

A:Task Manager/Task Bar/Safe Mode/Symantec Sites etc disabled....

Hello.

The attached logs are locked, meaning a password were set on them and therefore I cannot view it.

Anyhow, please run the following tool.

Install Recovery Console and Run ComboFix

Download Combofix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop.

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Close/disable all anti-virus and anti-malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix. Refer to this page if you are not sure how.
Close any open windows, including this one.
Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
If you did not have it installed, you will see the prompt below. Choose YES.

Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Note:The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery (repair) mode. This allows us to more easily help you
should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware. It is a simple procedure that will only take a few moments of your time.
Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.
When finished, it will produce a report for you. Please post the contents of the log (C:\ComboFix.txt).
Leave your computer alone while ComboFix is running.
ComboFix will restart your computer if malware is found; allow it to do so.

Note: Please Do NOT mouseclick combofix's window while its running because it may call it to stall.

Post back with:
-Combofix log
-The GMER log

With Regards,
Extremeboy

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/task-manager-task-bar-safe-mode-symantec-sites-etc-disabled-365250.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Every now and then I look down at the task tray ...and whoa!!!! about a dozen instances of Outlook. See attached

What is causing this?

And how do I prevent it??

A:Mutliple Outlook 2003 instance in task tray and task manager

It just looks as though you have multiple instances of Outlook open. Probably the way you are accessing your mail each time you open a new email.

It's likely that Outlook is set to 'hide when minimised' on the task button.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/187801-mutliple-outlook-2003-instance-task-tray-task-manager.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello Hello all im hoping that im able to get an answer for this as its been driving me crazy and I cant seem to find an answer anywhere online On Saturday my PC was turn on and once logged into Windows Ive found that all that happens is my windows loads into a blank wallpaper that I have wallpaper. bar / Task Manager blank icons/ into task No Loading I have no icons no task bar and I am unable to bringup the task manager ctrl-alt-del doesnt work After leaving for a full hour it still hadnt loaded and still unable to acess task manager I tried a load into the last good config and it still loaded into the above Ive tried loading into Safemode and safemode w netowrking and its the same story The only place I have any acess is Safemode w an active command prompt although there isnt any icons or taskmanager The last resort is to try a repair via Loading into blank wallpaper. No task bar / icons/ Task Manager the XP CD which i still have but before i risk messing anything up id ideally try to fix my PC Is there any ideas on whats happened Its Windows XP with Service Pack I dont recall installing any updates but I do have it on auto-install anyway All help is gratefully welcomed

A:Loading into blank wallpaper. No task bar / icons/ Task Manager

At the blank desktop press CTRL+ALT+DEL start the Task Manager. Go up to File/New Task (Run) in the Run box type explorer.exe and press enter. If that doesn't work at the Run box or the command prompt type %systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe and do a System Restore to a time before this happened.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/loading-into-blank-wallpaper-no-task-bar-icons-task-manager-654875.html
Relevancy 55.04%

After the last window's update on Dec th failed my computer behaves strangely I tried to restore window's and network task open not not can Can shut down manager/ update/ manager the system to before the update but now I can not open window's update In normal mode the window update window freezes when opened In safe mode window update does not even open Also my task manager does not open in normal mode A taskmanager icon appears on the system tray but Can not open window's update/ task manager/ network manager and can not shut down the task manager does not show up Also the wireless network manager freezes when I try to access it in normal mode The system takes longer than usual to load in normal mode The system also frequently crashes while starting up in normal mode only a blank screen with a mouse arrow in the middle appears When I shut the computer down it freezes in log out screen so I have to manually shut it down The defragment also will not run There is serveral cases of service hang report in my problem log involving Nlasvc SstpSvc WinHttpAutoProxySvc I'm sure I don't have any malware in my system left since I checked it through the virus removal hijackthis forum as well as multiple virus scans still the problem persist

A:Can not open window's update/ task manager/ network manager and can not shut down

Hi boman,

Some questions:

You said you are sure you don't have any malware left. Did you have malware? And did you have malware when you tried to do the update which wasn't sucessful?

Do you have a cd with your computer?

Which Antivirus program are you using?

Zllio

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/193127/can-not-open-windows-update-task-manager-network-manager-and-can-not-shut-down/
Relevancy 55.04%

As my machine doesn't support SLAT in HyperV I am using VMlite XP mode to run some 16 bit programs I need. Very occaisionally VMlite hangs on close after it has saved state or shutdown the guest machine.

I go to task manager and click end task on the Workstation GUI and it closes but very occaisionally end task wont closed the program. Sign off wont close the program either and restarting hangs at the blue screen 'restarting' I have to push the reset button on the tower to get the machine to restart.

Is there any hidden way of closing VMlite so I dont have to restart, a sort of hard end task?

Tim

A:Unable to end task in task manager Win8.1 x64 and VMlite.

Hi there
I believe vmlite XP mode is non Ms official software - XPmode is licensed and distributed solely by Ms. Anybody else who incorporates this product into their offerings whether freeware or not runs the risk of serious copyright infringements.

For 16 bit software you could try using a win95 VM - works fine !!!(use FREE VBOX or VMWARE player to create the VM).
I'm not sure but a W98 VM might work too -- there's a generic key on the web and plenty of ISO's --this is now abandonware so the generic keys are legit.

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.eightforums.com/virtualization/46670-unable-end-task-task-manager-win8-1-x64-vmlite.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I will open a program, close it, and then when i try to open it again a message appears saying that an existance of it is still running. When i look at my processes i see that it is in fact But when i try to "end Process" it does not close. The warning pops up, i say yes, and yet it does nothing. I can not seem to close these programs. And this causes shuting down to take up to 15-20 min unless i force a shut down. The problem has occured with Opera.exe CCAPP.exe outlook.exe and maybe more. Please help thanks!

A:HELP Task Manager wont close certain processes. End Task does nothing!

http://www.softtreetech.com/24x7/archive/49.htm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-task-manager-wont-close-certain-processes-end-task-does-nothing.42119/
Relevancy 55.04%

For months I've been having problems with programs not responding, responding slowly, or freezing. When I open Windows Task Manager and select end task, it doesn't work. I want to run scans in safe mode, but when I press F8 on restart, I can't get it. I could previously get to safe mode before all the problems started. The only way I can get out of a program not responding or freezing is to hit the off button, not through shut down/restart. I'm having to do this constantly now. I suspect the computer has a virus or problems with spyware/malware. Bitdefender quarantines lots of temp files, which I delete. Hitman Pro finds tracking cookies, which I delete. Malwarebytes never finds anything. I need help in determining what problem my computer has and how I can fix it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/566956/cant-start-in-safe-mode-task-manager-wont-end-task/
Relevancy 55.04%

Recently I've had an issue where for no reason my task bar wont respond and the task manager wont open both times I had to force a shutdown and reboot The first time I was watching a movie after the movie I hit pause and went to open Firefox through a shortcut on the task bar and got nothing this computer can be slow at times as its age is catching up with itself so I thought to Wont and Manager up Task Locks Task Bar Open. just wait a few seconds and try again still nothing Then I went back to the media player and noticed Task Bar Locks up and Task Manager Wont Open. the media player was fully responding and had no issue using Alt Tab I could switch to other programs or folders and they worked fine but the task bar was completely locked I tried Ctrl Alt Delete to try ending the explorer process then starting it up again as I figured that might help but after waiting for a couple minutes it never came up I hit the keys again and still nothing waiting and trying over and over nothing came up so I ended up having to force a shutdown and cold boot The nd time it happened I literally had no programs running except Comodo and the computer had been left alone for about an hour when I returned the task bar was again locked up and the task manager would not show Thanks for reading all this and any help on the subject is much appreciated

A:Task Bar Locks up and Task Manager Wont Open.

aussj4link:

I need to know a little bit more... If you can answer the fallowing questions it may be helpful...

Does an error message pop up when you try to open task manager? What are the specs of your computer? Do you have any antivirus protection?

Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/task-bar-locks-up-and-task-manager-wont-open-548923.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Running Xp There are 5 accounts in this home computer. In mine, administrator, there is no 'start' , no icons, and task manager has been disabled. The other accounts are missing task bar and icons also but have a task manager so I can open aol exporer but can not download a fix because they do not have administrative privileges. Is there any way around this?? or any way to get to my files??

I was getting constant popups telling me my computer was infected and to install winantivirus . I ran adaware, avg, housecall, nothing helped. I have antispyware, antivirus, and firewall through verizon (but that started after my problems began)

Please help!

Thanks

A:Spyware? Virus? No Task Bar, Icons, Or Task Manager

Hello L Simmons,I realize that it is frustrating when your computer isn't working properly. We are all volunteers here and sometimes things slip past us. I noticed that you posted an earlier thread here. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/134304/spyware/ Posting more than one thread about the same topic is called double-posting and is not allowed on BC. Additionally, you now have an HJT thread posted. Please read my reply to your earlier thread. This topic is now closed. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to send me a PM.Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/134469/spyware-virus-no-task-bar-icons-or-task-manager/
Relevancy 55.04%

Howdy All,

Task Manager won't come up with ctrl+alt+delete or from right click task bar? When I right click the task bar I can see the "task manager" option and can click it, but nothing happens.

I just ran a full Nortan Antivirus scan (clean), Error Checking for hard disk (volume also clean), and sfc scannow through the command prompt (clean as well).

My system is:
Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 3 (with latest updates)
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.40GHz
1.00GB RAM

Thank you for any help you can offer, keep the faith!

A:Task Manager won't come up with ctrl+alt+delete or from right click task bar?

What about Ctrl + Shift then Esc?Try this then see if you can access itPlease download Rkill by Grinler and save it to your desktop.Link 2Link 3Link 4Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista, right-click on it and Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.Do not reboot the computer or you will have to run it againThen run thisWe Need to check for Rootkits with RootRepealDownload RootRepeal from the following location and save it to your desktop.Direct Download (Recommended)Primary MirrorSecondary MirrorSecondary MirrorSecondary MirrorZip Mirrors (Recommended if you have a slower connection or if the Direct Download mirror is down)
Primary MirrorSecondary MirrorSecondary MirrorRar Mirrors - Only if you know what a RAR is and can extract it.
Primary MirrorSecondary MirrorSecondary MirrorExtract RootRepeal.exe from the archive (If you did not use the "Direct Download" mirror).Open on your desktop.Click the tab.Click the button.Check all seven boxes: Push OkCheck the box for your main system drive (Usually C:), and press Ok.Allow RootRepeal to run a scan of your system. This may take some time.Once the scan completes, push the button. Save the log to your desktop, using a distinctive name, such as RootRepeal.txt. Include this report in your next reply, please.----------------------------------Please note: If Rootrepeal fails to run, try this step: Click Settings - Options. Set the Disk Access slider to HighAlso try: right-click on rootrepeal.exe and rename it to tatertot.scr

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/268856/task-manager-wont-come-up-with-ctrlaltdelete-or-from-right-click-task-bar/
Relevancy 55.04%

You know how after you end a program using End Task in Task Manager, it asks you if you want to tell Microsoft about the problem? I was able on my other XP system to change an option somewhere so it doesn't ask me that any more. I just can't remember how I did it....

Anyone remember?

Thanks

A:Solved: Windows XP Task Manager/End Task question

Right click on My Computer / Properties / Advanced tab / Error Reporting button
Then check to disable error reporting.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-xp-task-manager-end-task-question.638995/
Relevancy 55.04%

I've added task manager to my scheduled tasks at logon. Everywhere I google, they say to put the /min or -minimized arguments in it to launch it minimized, except neither option works for me. Task Manager launches, but just sits there on my desktop.

Is there a new argument for minimized in Windows 8?

Thanks!

A:Launch Task Manager Minimized from Task Scheduler

I probably should have started a new thread for this, but the title of this one was perfect, so I decided to borrow it for my post instead of confusing people with multiple threads on the same topic.

First, to answer the question posed by the original poster, in case he or anyone still cares: "Minimized" isn't a parameter for the Task Manager itself - and never was; this isn't one of the changes that came with Windows 8. Rather, the old way (which still works for most programs) was to create a create a shortcut to the program you want to start minimized, and then to choose "Minimized" in the shortcut's settings, as shown in this example:

Placing a shortcut to Task Manager in the Startup folder no longer works the way it used to, but the reason has nothing to do with this; rather, with Windows 8, the new Task Manager must run with elevated privileges (in order to have access to all the new information it's capable of displaying), and Windows 8 doesn't allow that to happen for shortcuts in the Startup folder. (I don't think that older versions of Windows allowed that, either, but the old Task Manager didn't care; the new Task Manager will refuse to run without it.)

Anyway, on to the main reason for this message:
   Information
This post will show you how to set up Windows 8 to start Task Manager automatically on every logon, providing almost the same functionality as was provided by the old shortcut method. (There are still some unresolved quirks with this procedure, but for me and probably most of you, this is still better than doing without.)

Starting with Windows Vista, Microsoft greatly expanded the Scheduled Tasks facility in Windows; now with Windows 8, it largely takes the place of older features like the Startup folder and the Run and RunOnce keys in the registry, which only exist now for compatibility with older programs.

Even if you're not a programmer, if you need to make your computer do something at certain times or when certain things happen, you should get familiar with the Task Scheduler (which is a much bigger topic than I can cover here - not to mention only peripherally related to the subject at hand).
To set Task Manager to run with every logon:

Download the following XML file to your desktop:
Task Manager.txt
(This file was posted as a text file, because the site won't allow the posting of XML files directly.)If the name of the downloaded file appears on your desktop as just "Task Manager" instead of "Task Manager.txt", you need to turn on file extensions temporarily; see Option Two in this tutorial.Rename the downloaded file from "Task Manager.txt" to "Task Manager.xml".Open Control Panel. The most convenient way to do this is probably to move the cursor to the lower left corner of the screen, right-click, and select "Control Panel" from the menu that appears. (Touch-screen users: you're on your own. )

Select "System and Security" from the window that appears. (If the window doesn't look like the image above, you probably know enough to skip to the next step.)

Select "Administrative Tools" from the list.

Double-click "Task Scheduler" in the window that appears.

Select "Import Task..." from the "Actions" list on the right side of the window that appears.In the File Open dialog that appears, navigate to and select the "Task Manager.xml" file that you downloaded in Step 1 and renamed in Step 3.

Click "OK" in the window that appears.Close all the open windows and restart your computer.

Note
I mentioned some unresolved quirks above, which you'll probably notice once your computer restarts. First, this causes the computer to go to the desktop shortly after logon. Some people will consider this an extra bonus rather than a quirk, but I haven't figured out a way to prevent this for those people who like seeing the St... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/19052-launch-task-manager-minimized-task-scheduler.html
Relevancy 54.61%

First,
I apologize if this is a really basic question or already answered, I promise I did search, but I may be missing it.

Question; I am installing more RAM in my system, and want to monitor the page file for improvement/reduction in size and use. Other than performance monitor, can I see the page file in either task manager or resource monitor?

A:Monitor Page file in task manager / resource manager

In resource monitor you can.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/45140-monitor-page-file-task-manager-resource-manager.html
Relevancy 53.75%

My computer had several viruses on it. I removed them, but they left some damage. All of my icons are gone. There is no taskbar. I cannot access the task manager. I cannot access anything. I have tried booting into safe mode, but I get the same thing. I have tried accessing files through the sticky keys ease of access center, but the link is not in the dialog box when I press shift 5 times. I am sure if I could run unhide.exe it would solve the problem it is just that I cannot access anything. All I have is a blank screen with a cursor.

Edit: I cannot right click. I also tried creating a usb to autorun unhide.exe, but to no avail.

A:Vista 64 bit no icons, no task bar, no task manager

Let me ask someone to help you

good luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/449714/vista-64-bit-no-icons-no-task-bar-no-task-manager/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi There I ve been trying to help my father-in-law with this problem but its gone above my experience so I am hoping someone here can help Dell Computer Windows XP When the computer loads we get to the main screen but the wall paper has changed to a screen with boxes of color that makes a maze lol All icons are gone and so is the task bar When attempting to access to the Task Manager using Ctrl Alt Delete Task Manger comes up with an error stating quot Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator quot which gives you only ok to click on and then of course you re not able to work Task Cannot Access Task No Bar/Icons - Manager within Task Manager I attempting to get him to use the Run but using CTRL R but when he hit it all you could hear was the computer beeping No Task Bar/Icons - Cannot Access Task Manager and nothing appeared When talking to him he says he remembers seeing a screen before this all happened that said something about a trogjan and he thought he hit okay to get rid of it After talking to him more today he told me there was a few different windows that he kept following along and hitting so I assume it is the Antivirus trojan family that may have his computer hostage Where do we go from here nbsp

A:No Task Bar/Icons - Cannot Access Task Manager

*bump*

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-task-bar-icons-cannot-access-task-manager.803096/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello, I'm not sure if what I am asking is against the rules of this website. If it is please remove this thread.

I am looking for a method to keep an application running in the background but not showing under the task manager.

Is this possible?

A:How can I hide a task that is running under task manager?

Hello, I'm not sure if what I am asking is against the rules of this websiteClick to expand...

I am not sure why you would think it could be but in order to better advise you what please

I am looking for a method to keep an application running in the background but not showing under the task manager.

is the application

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-i-hide-a-task-that-is-running-under-task-manager.1161590/
Relevancy 52.03%

When I open my task manager a taskhost.exe is there, however if you look at the command line it doest say "C:/Windows/System 32/taskhost.exe", it just says "taskhost.exe" (with those quotation marks yes). Is this a legit file? For other Windows 7 users, if your taskhost.exe is running, what does your command line say?

Relevancy 52.03%

Has done multiple searches but have came up short on google.com The problem I am having is as the Admin to my system I cannot End Task on programs I normally could. I get an access denied error to end the task. I used to clear out my tasks in the background to run heavy programs like games or photoshop. For some reason it is now disabled.

Windows XP Home SP1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-end-task-manager-task-as-admin.436652/
Relevancy 51.6%

Howdy I created a post on the Am I Infected thread back on and Mark garmanma has been helping me He does not feel I am infected but stated I could always touch base this you kind folks so here I am My task manager won't come up with ctrl alt delete ctrl shift esc start - run- taskmgr or from right click on the task bar We tried all kinds of neat little programs to see click start -> ctrl+alt+delete, won't or up from right with run-> task... Manager taskmgr, ctrl+shift+esc, Task come what was up but to Task Manager won't come up with ctrl+alt+delete, ctrl+shift+esc, start -> run-> taskmgr, or from right click task... no avail however we didn't try the HijackThis route so I am hopeful The previous post can be found at the following link provided if you're curious as to what solutions have already been explored http www bleepingcomputer com forums top ml entry The DDS and RootRepeal text files are attached as well thank you so very much for any assistance you can provide This site is wonderful and your team is the tops I'm so bummed not having my task manager

A:Task Manager won't come up with ctrl+alt+delete, ctrl+shift+esc, start -> run-> taskmgr, or from right click task...

Hi ForcesUndivided,Welcome to BC HijackThis forum. I am farbar. I am going to assist you with your problem.Please refrain from making any changes to your system (scanning or running other tools, updating Windows, installing applications, removing files, etc.) from now on as it might interfere with our fixes. Please let me know in your next reply if you agree with this.Please run Notepad (start > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad) and copy and paste the text in the code box into a new file:@echo off
cd\
>Log.txt (
ipconfig /all
nslookup google.com
ping -n 2 google.com
nslookup yahoo.com
ping -n 2 yahoo.com
nslookup freedrweb.com
ping -n 2 freedrweb.com
route print
)
dir /a/s c:\taskmgr.exe >>log.txt
start Log.txt
del %0Go to the File menu at the top of the Notepad and select Save as.Select save in: desktopFill in File name: test.batSave as type: All file types (*.*)Click save.Close the Notepad.Locate and double-click tast.bat on the desktop.A notepad opens, copy and paste the content it (log.txt) to your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/270147/task-manager-wont-come-up-with-ctrlaltdelete-ctrlshiftesc-start-run-taskmgr-or-from-right-click-task-bar/
Relevancy 49.88%

my desktop manager stops working every five minutes causing my computer to be very slow.
seems like something is always running in the back ground. Circle is always spinning.

A:desktop manager stops working

Hello tigertom and welcome to Sevenforums!

I would start with a clean boot as shown in the link below.
How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Also work through the steps below
Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

You may also want to look at a program like CCleaner
(Warning: if you use the registry tool, make sure you select yes when asked to backup your registry)
https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/346507-desktop-manager-stops-working.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi, I'm Krunal from India.I'm performing recovery of windows 7 home but but recovery manager just hanged at 74% and the windows requesting to not to turn off or unplug the notebook.What should I do now?Help me

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Recovery-MAnager-Not-Working-Stops-midway/td-p/5674785
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a Creative media player. For the past couple of months I have been unable to load the Creative Sync Manager on startup and consequently unable to run the Creative Media Source Organizer.

Following is the problem report I am getting:

"Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: CTSyncU.exe
Application Version: 6.4.6.0
Application Timestamp: 461ae527
Fault Module Name: CTSyncU.exe
Fault Module Version: 6.4.6.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 461ae527
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0002f908
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 3081
Additional Information 1: e37e
Additional Information 2: 6d1ead6d408de6872f07c4aa4d6e23c4
Additional Information 3: f73d
Additional Information 4: 684731e9f96f581550f9798aee4cc8d6"

Operating system is Windows Vista.

Any help/assistance would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/creative-sync-manager-stops-working.611135/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have an Alienware M x notebook computer nbsp Recently I purchased a Sony bluetooth headset nbsp I had not previously used any bluetooth devices on the computer nbsp I set the laptop to discover devices and set the headset to be discoverable nbsp After pairing the headset to my laptop I opened my music folder and started listening nbsp After hearing music for about seconds the headset went silent and the music starting coming out of the speakers instead nbsp I then tried to restart the laptop s nbsp bluetooth receiver but there was no way to do it nbsp It was even missing from Device Manager nbsp Finally I closed the display and let it go to sleep nbsp When I resumed again the bluetooth was back nbsp I was again able to listen to music but after another minute or two the device again disappeared nbsp I even called Alienware support nbsp He upgraded the BIOS and reinstalled the bluetooth driver but it would never work nbsp This was because he never had me actually shut off the computer nbsp In other words once the bluetooth device was gone the in Working, Manager longer Bluetooth no Device Stops only way to get it Bluetooth Stops Working, no longer in Device Manager back was to sleep or shut down power off not just reboot the machine nbsp After these steps failed to resolve the problem the technician set up an appointment for me to get the bluetooth adapter replaced nbsp This went very smoothly great on-site support but when I got home the problem was still happening even with a new bluetooth module nbsp To make a long story not much longer I was able to fix the problem nbsp It turned out that it was the power options for the Dell Wireless Bluetooth Module nbsp I unchecked the checkbox labeled Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power and the problem was solved So step by step here s how to fix the problem in Windows Click Start In the search box type Device Manager nbsp In the results window above click nbsp Device Manager Expand the Bluetooth Radios node in Device Manager remember you have to do this when the bluetooth device is there nbsp If it is not shown then it has already been shut off and you ll need to shut off or sleep the laptop and resume again to get the device back again Right-click on the Dell Wireless entry and choose properties Click on the Power Management tab and uncheck the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power and click OK Problem solved nbsp I hope this helps others

A:Bluetooth Stops Working, no longer in Device Manager

I have the same problem in my new Alienware 15 R2 and your post really helped me! Thank you very much!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19333929
Relevancy 48.59%

quot HP Pavilion dv - wm Entertainment Notebook PC quot Here's the list of things I've tried and I'm not sure what else to do sfc scannow chkdsk C f Updated the BIOS Uninstalled Synaptics driver re-installed newest version Uninstalled Synaptics driver tried letting Windows Update install driver Dv6 not HP device stops manager working, trackpad in Pavilion Generic USB drivers are not allowed to be turned off to save power quot Hard Reset quot unplugging A C and battery and holding power button for seconds Tried safe mode no avail Looked for FN keys to turn it on off there are none Tried pressing the button above the trackpad to turn it on off light just stays white Here's a picture of the light I HP Pavilion Dv6 trackpad stops working, not in device manager don't know what HP Pavilion Dv6 trackpad stops working, not in device manager else to do I've been HP Pavilion Dv6 trackpad stops working, not in device manager told to try to take the hard drive out and look under it there could be a loose wire that attaches to the back of the trackpad But before I dive into taking the computer apart I just wanted to eliminate all of my options Maybe there's something I'm missing that someone else will be able to point out with no issue Here's a picture of the Mouse gt Synaptics tab actually as I'm typing this for the first time I received an error saying quot Unable to connect to the Synaptics Pointing Device Driver Do you want to uninstall the driver now quot That's the first time this has happened Here's a picture of device manager There are no errors exclamation points

A:HP Pavilion Dv6 trackpad stops working, not in device manager

Hi there ... Welcome to Seven Forums .. I am sure you have come to the conclusion this is a Hardware fault .. The light above the trackpad .. Is the clue you should be able to switch it on and off .. You should be able to find Instruction online to help you Install a new one ..Or maybe as you state could just be a loose wire ..

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/323465-hp-pavilion-dv6-trackpad-stops-working-not-device-manager.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I needed to do a system recovery, I performed a backup onto dvds, when I tried to do a recovery of the backup the program stopped working. Any help in what I should do to restore my backup?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/recovery-manager-of-backup-dvds-stops-working/td-p/5840936
Relevancy 48.59%

Everytime i start my computer and after putting my password, at the desktop, a box appears saying that program manager stops responding and it is needed to restart the pc. it does it ( by himself ) and it is a cicle that dont stop, only if i manually close.

apreciated all the help.

A:windows 7 - program manager stops responding ( at the start )

Can you please post a screenshot using the snipping method described in Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/199643-windows-7-program-manager-stops-responding-start.html
Relevancy 48.16%
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello,

For as long as I can remember, I've had an issue where audio manager will stop working, and it will break the entire computer. Once audio manager stops, anything requiring audio ceases to work, including games. When I press the mute/unmute button on my keyboard, the taskbar will freeze up and become unresponsive.

I've figured out a "solution", which involves leaving a game open the entire time I'm using the computer. If I close the game, sometimes audio manager dies instantly. Other times it takes a few minutes. There are times where audio manager dies when I start up the computer for the first time in the day, forcing me to restart.

There's no viruses, as I've done several scans...I have no clue what the issue could be.

I'm using a Lenovo ideapad U530 touch.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/75766-audio-manager-stops-working-essentially-breaks-comp.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I'm not sure if this issues goes under hardware.

For a while now I have had an odd issue that forces me to always leave a game running in the background when my laptop is on. If I close the game, it's either instant, or it holds for a few minutes before audio manager simply stops working. Anything involving audio - videos, games, etc will not work anymore. If I try to mute/unmute via my keyboard button, my taskbar will freeze. My computer essentially becomes useless, as I can no longer listen to anything.

Even more odd, I've found that if I close a game and continually press the mute/unmute button, it'll stay active long enough for my other game to work. This has been proven a few times where I open a game and it acts like it'll break. I click the button two times and then it works like normal.

Is my audio manager damaged, or..?

http://www.pchelpforum.com/laptop-support/129513-audio-manager-stops-working-essentially-breaks-comp.html
Relevancy 47.73%

i have windows 2000 professional and i changed my task bar somehow to the perfrormance tab and then all the tabs dissapeared can anyone tell me how to change it back to the applications tab?

A:task manager

Double click anywhere in the frame of task manager, its called "tiny footprint mode" and its toggled on or aff by clicking in the border area.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/task-manager.376280/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a problem with my task manager. In the past, when my CPU was running slowly, I would access task manager (after I had ran spyware, adaware, etc.) and find some program attached which would use up all my CPU processor speed (like quickbrowser). I would get onto task manager and eliminate the process and everything would be fine. Today, as I tried to get task manager to boot up on screen, it only appears for a split second then disappears befroe I have a chance to edit the screen. I have tried over and over, but the task manager window just won't stay on my screen long enough for me to access it. Any ideas?

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, I've been working on my sister's friend's computer: cleaning out viruses, defraging, and whatnot and everything was going fine till now. I have run Spybot, Yahoo Antivirus, CCleaner, and Avast! and have deleted everything that they have found so none of them find anything anymore. But, for some reason I can't use the task manager. If I click CTL+ALT+DEL I can click task manager but it won't appear. Same goes for CTL+SHIFT+ESC as well as right clicking the status bar and click task manager. It won't open. All of them are clickable but it won't appear. I have tried fixes like on Kelly's Corner lines 51, 113, and 275 but it still won't appear! I don't really know what else to try. Any help would be appreciated. The computer is running Windows XP Media Center 2002 with SP3 and has been completely updated. Thanks.

Relevancy 47.73%

I have just begun using Windows 10. Prior to that, I had always--in any previous version of Windows--been able to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete to open the Task Manager wherein I was able to see a LISTof all files currently open. From that screen, I could then close whichever file(s) I chose by checking off the box beside the Filename and then selecting "End Task" button. However, now that I have begun using Windows 10, I am UN-able to figure out how to get this done. I even contacted Connectec, and even they did not have the answer--they then suggested I join the Windows Ten Forums and broadcast my question there to see if anyone out there happens to know the answer to this question. Please help me on this one! Thanks so much!

A:Task manager--where is is?

Hi try CTRL + SHIFT + ESC
or
Windows key + X, click Task Manager
or
Type 'task' in the search box probably on your taskbar, click Task Manager in the results.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/63848-task-manager-where.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I am having problems with "task manager". I get that it disabled by the admin.

Somebody on the board gave me access to exe file that "fixes" this problem.

However the problem is back. I would to try to fix the cause not the sympton.

I run two well spyware programs and one AV program every day.

What is can be causing task manager to "shut down"

Thanks

Tom

A:Task Manager

I fixed this probem by running spybot. It found something that was shutting down the task manager.

My webroot and trend spyware did not find the "spyware"

Task manager works fine now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/67615/task-manager/
Relevancy 47.73%

i would like to know why i have so many procesess running on my pc when im not running much
i enclose a screen shot of taskmanager and await your views

A lot of those processes belong to McAfee. Do a Google search for the items and you can see what they are. Everything looks as it should.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/task-manager-124806.html
Relevancy 47.73%

From time to time I have to go into Windows Task Manager to shut down a program that may have crashed (Mozilla Firefox mostly). It seems like there are an awful lot of programs running and taking up memory when I do open the task manager. Even when I do shut some of them down, they restart on their own, like Tablet PC Input, etc. Is there a way to shut certain unnecessary ones down so they don't restart? I've already been through msconfig, but it doesn't seem that these are related as they continue to run. Thank you.

Hi,
I adjusted my Vista Home Basic using the minimal 'tweaks' suggested at BlackViper, you could be more adventurous and make more radical changes ....

http://www.blackviper.com/WinVista/servicecfg.htm

Richard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/task-manager.890975/
Relevancy 47.73%

On an NT4 Workstation the task manager stopped running, so I started and stopped it in services and it still will not work. What can you suggest I try to do? Re-install workstation or something else? Also on other machines of the same OS, how can I limit the start-up programs? Winmsd doesn't help. Thank you.

I think you mean Task Scheduler not Task Manager. In any case I have no answer for that.

For your other question, go to http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/misc.shtml#autoruns

and download AutoRuns, it'll search your system and tell you where everything is loading at startup (startup folders, win.ini, and registry). Then you have to manually disable or remove them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/task-manager.55338/
Relevancy 47.73%

can any one help me i have lost controle of task manager? when i right click on the task bar its there, but its not active, and when i try to press ctrl+alt+del it agen apearse but it is unactive? i have checked for viruses but not found any using AVG??? plz can some one help me!!!

A:Help Task Manager?!?!?!?!?!

Can you give us a screen-shot of the problem?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-task-manager-123934.html
Relevancy 47.73%

HI, I received some sort of malware infection, I used ewido,ad aware, spy bot...etc. and all the viruses seemed to be gone but my task manager still says "another program is currently using this file" I installed a task manager copy that works and when I open it there are to applications that say installer , once I stop those applications the regular task manager works fine.. can anyone help me?

Relevancy 47.73%

i cant access my task manager because of that msblast virus here is my log file and thx in advance manager? my with new me here, someone help im can task Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Norton im new here, can someone help me with my task manager? AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS System MSCONFIG EXE C PROGRA NORTON navapw exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files DSLExtreme com fptool exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpohmr exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exe C Program Files WarpSpeeder BSTrayicon exe C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN ymsgr tray exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpoevm exe C WINDOWS System HPZipm exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Bin hpoSTS exe C Program Files DSLExtreme com Connection Manager TICM exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C My Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http totalinternet snap com channel search totalinternet- html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http start dslextreme com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http start dslextreme com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http totalinternet snap com channel search totalinternet- html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http start dslextreme com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http totalinternet snap com channel search totalinternet- html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http start dslextreme com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http totalinternet snap com channel search totalinternet- html O - BHO myBar BHO - D D -F E - ad- A - ECE AC - C Program Files MyWay myBar bin MYBAR DLL O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp SearchBar - D D -F E - ad- A - ECE AC - C Program Files MyWay myBar bin MYBAR DLL O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run BJCFD C Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run DeadAIM rundll exe quot C PROGRA AIM DeadAIM ocm quot ExportedCheckODLs O - HKLM Run MSConfig MSCONFIG EXE O - HKLM Run NAV Agent C PROGRA NORTON navapw exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN ypager exe -quiet O - HKCU Run Total Internet C Program Files DSLExtreme com fptool exe O - Global Startup hp psc series lnk O - Global Startup hpoddt exe lnk O - Global Startup WarpSpeeder Tray Icon lnk O - Global Startup webdav exe O - Extra button AIM HKLM O - Extra button Related HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Show amp Related Links HKLM O - Extra button Yahoo Messenger HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Yahoo Messenger HKLM O - DPF - F - BB - D -FA D F A AB YInstStarter Class - http download yahoo com dl installs yinst cab O - DPF BCB- D A- D -A B- DA DE RdxIE Class - http fc c a d b netzip RdxIE cab O - DPF F C AA- B- -BA - A BB F Update Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft com CAB... Read more

Relevancy 47.73%

i have no idea??

A:why is my task manager like this?

I'm not sure what you think is wrong, this is the view that you get when you click on the Processes Tab.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/174652/why-is-my-task-manager-like-this/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello i'm a new bee - my cntl ald delete does nada. I think it got ate by a malware, running spyware doctor (updated yesterday - no baddies found) any help?

A:Xp Task Manager Be Gone

Run The Windows OneCare Free Scan (on-line scan)To run the Windows One Care Free ScanGo to Windows Live Onecare Free Scan site using Internet Explorer. It will say "Get a free PC safety scan"http://safety.live.com/site/en-us/default.htmMake sure you click "Full Service Scan" in the middle of the page and not the "Try It Now Free" offer on the right side.Allow the download of an Active X component.Choose "Complete Scan" in the window that opensClick "Next"Do not click on anything else that offers you a free trial or to sign up if you live in the US.Allow it to scan - it may take quite a while, possibly two hours or so depending on the size of your hard drive is and how fragmented your registry and drive may be.After completing the Windows OneCare Free Scan run both Adaware and Spybot Search and Destroy from safe mode, updating each program’s malware definitions before you reboot into safe mode to scan and allowing both to fix what they find.If you do not already have these freeware aps installed on your computer, you can get them at the following sites:*AdAware SE: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download506.html*Spybot S&D: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.htmlFollowing that that I suggest you post a “HijackThis” log for expert assistance with your malware infection.Read the pinned post in our “HijackThis Logs and Analysis” forum, here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/ Carefully read and follow all directions carefully.Following the instructions create a HJT log, and POST THE HJT LOG THAT YOU CREATED IN OUR HJT LOGS AND ANALYSIS FORUM – not in this forum, at this link. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/posthjtlog.htmlInclude the specs for your computer (i.e., what processor, amount of RAM, brand or motherboard, etc, and briefly describe the problem you are experiencing.)Unless you are expert at editing the registry, Do not use the Hijack This program to try to fix anything by yourself as even what may seem to be a small mistake can render your operating system inoperable.Some files when in the correct folder for them may be fine while in another may be malware hiding. A member of our expert HJT Team will analyze your log, make recommendations and offer assistance, walking you through the complete repair process.It may take a short period of time to get a response to the log you posted because the members of our HJT Team are kept very busy. Posting your Hijack This log anywhere but in the Hijack This Logs and Analysis forum will delay their response as it will require a moderator to move the log there before the HJT Team will see it and it will fall behind other logs posted after yours was posted, so be sure to post your log in the Hijack This Logs and Analysis forum.Please be patient as this team is manned by volunteers. They will help you in order received as soon as possible.NOTEOnce you have posted your HJT log, please DO NOT make any additional posts in the HJT Logs and Analysis forum thread you created until you get a response from a member of our HJT expert team, and do not make any additional changes to your system (changes, including any attempted repairs, will make your computer to be different than as represented in the log you posted and therefore make your log inaccurate).[/i]The first criteria the HJT Team has when looking for logs that need replies are posts showing 0 replies. If you make an additional post, it will show as having had 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log that requires help might well assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and might not open the thread to respond. So, post your HJT Log in our HJT Forum (not here in this forum) and wait for a response from a HJT team member.After you post your log, please do not make any changes to your computer. Discontinue trying to delete anything with any program as changes will ma... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/68003/xp-task-manager-be-gone/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi!
My wife's laptop has Vista Home Premium 32bit, using Norton 360 anti-virus. The icons in the notification area are gone, her folders on the desktop are gone, and when I right click on the toolbar, the task manager pick is greyed out. If I try to pick it, it tells me it has been disabled by the administrator. I looked on Microsoft's website, it said to go to Start, type regedit in the search bar to get to the Registry Editor to set the Disable to 0. I tried, but nothing comes up in the search, I can't get to the Editor. Any suggestions on what I can do?

Thanks,
Pete

try start>type run pick run in the menu, then type regedit>OKsee if that opens the editor..or start>all programs>accessories>rungood luckif that don't work see if this does.. http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/117229-icon-cache-rebuild.htmlPS welcome to the BC

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/385877/task-manager/
Relevancy 47.73%

i have a problem with task manager, i use ct alt del and it opens, only to shut off instantly. i attempted using run taskmgr.exe but that doesnt work either, any advice?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/task-manager.390511/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have just begun using Windows 10. Prior to that, I had always--in any previous version of Windows--been able to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete to open the Task Manager wherein I was able to see a LISTof all files currently open. From that screen, I could then close whichever file(s) I chose by checking off the box beside the Filename and then selecting "End Task" button. However, now that I have begun using Windows 10, I am UN-able to figure out how to get this done. I even contacted Connectec, and even they did not have the answer--they then suggested I join the Windows Ten Forums and broadcast my question there to see if anyone out there happens to know the answer to this question. Please help me on this one! Thanks so much!

A:Task manager--where is is?

Hi try CTRL + SHIFT + ESC
or
Windows key + X, click Task Manager
or
Type 'task' in the search box probably on your taskbar, click Task Manager in the results

- some different ways to launch the task manager.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/63848-task-manager-where.html
Relevancy 47.73%

My task manager has lost it's blue bar from the top as you can see from the screenshot. Any idea's on getting it back

Just double click on the gray border.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/task-manager.560914/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi there. I wonder if someone can help.

I am having problems with the task manager.

Basically every time I press ctrl alt delete, the task manager comes up, but there are no tabs running across the top of it anymore. There is just the box with the current processes going on, and no options at all to click on, which means I am severely limited in what I can do. I am not sure how this happened but the first time I noticed it I had just updated my ATI Catalyst Control Center. I don't see how this could have effected it.

Any help/advice would be gratefully appreciated.
Thanks.

A:Task Manager has no tab bar on top

Nevermind. I just saw that someone else had the same problem and solved it in an embarassingly easy way...by double clicking on the task manager.
Thank you for your time anyway.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/task-manager-has-no-tab-bar-on-top.390065/
Relevancy 47.73%

My computer was running poorly so we went to Task Manager and stopped some processes that we shouldn't have stopped. Now my computer won't log on to internet explorer. When we click on the icon from the desktop, it will go to the internet exp. screen but it just sits there like it wants to go on to it but then it blinks off and goes right back tot he desktop!!! HELP! I tried to do a complete system restore but its asking me for an administrator password and its not taking any of the passwords I have used. I don't have any discs that came with the computer because its about 6 years old. I am open to any suggestions - please?!! Thanks

If you just stopped the processes, a quick restart of your computer should bring them back up I would think. Have you tried a restart?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/191959/task-manager/
Relevancy 47.73%

When task manager is up go to processes and system Idle is at 99%. How do we change that to 0 %. The person in question has flight simulator program on computer and has problems when Idle escalates. is there a cure?

Relevancy 47.73%

help!!!!!!!!!!!!when i press ctrl alt delete my task manager will not show how do i fix this problem

Does it flash or not come up at all? Can you open it by right-clicking the Task Bar?

How about when you go to Start > Run, and type: taskmgr <Enter>

Is this a new problem and is there anything specific that you think may have lead to the problem?

What operating system?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/task-manager.228839/
Relevancy 47.73%

I can not get the task gone manager Task is manager I already run Spybot Ediwo and Ad-ware but still face the problem HEre is the HJT file Can anyone tell me what is the problem Thanks RWELL Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files CheckPoint SecuRemote bin SR Service exe C Program Files CheckPoint SecuRemote bin SR WatchDog exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Intel R Active Monitor imonnt exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files CheckPoint SecuRemote bin SR GUI Exe C Program Task manager is gone Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smtray exe C Program Files Intel Intel R Active Monitor imontray exe C PROGRA KM U MMHotKey EXE C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files ICQLite ICQLite exe C Program Files Picasa PicasaMediaDetector exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C PROGRA KM U HokHIDKC EXE C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Linksys WMP Config Utility WMP Cfg exe C Program Files Pinnacle Shared Files Programs Scheduler PCLEScheduler exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files ewido security suite SecuritySuite exe C Documents and Settings Rani amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp security HijackThis exe R - URLSearchHook UB Class - - D - -AB - A F B - C WINDOWS system wsrchc dll file missing R - URLSearchHook ICQ Toolbar - F B - D - fe - A -BBB - C Program Files ICQToolbar toolbaru dll O - Hosts celltick O - BHO no name - SOFTWARE - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - c program files Adobe Acrobat Reader Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO SDWin Class - B - D - A - E -BAB BB E - C WINDOWS system qseyw dll file missing O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Desktop Search Capture - c ce - e - fc - - c - C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopIE dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO no name - - no file O - Toolbar ICQ Toolbar - F B - D - fe - A -BBB - C Program Files ICQToolbar toolbaru dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Smapp C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smtray exe O - HKLM Run IMONTRAY C Program Files Intel Intel R Active Monitor imontray exe O - HKLM Run KM U C PROGRA KM U MMHotKey EXE O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run ICQ Lite C Program Files ICQLite ICQLite exe -minimize O - HKLM Run Jawa C WINDOWS jawa exe O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run rbynasm C WINDOWS zmpor exe O - HKLM Run UserFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -u O - HKLM Run Picasa Media Detector C Program Files Picasa PicasaMediaDetector exe O - HKLM Run iisvers C WINDOWS iisvers exe O - HKLM Run wsrv C W... Read more

Relevancy 47.73%

Recently, I noticed that in the task manager there are A LOT of processes running. About 53 to be exact. Recently, I was redirected to a website that attempted to download "Virus Doctor", a well known rogue. But MalwareBytes found no trojans, same with WD.

Do you think I'm infected?

A:Task Manager?

i hope not because i have 70 running

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/215113/task-manager/
Relevancy 47.73%

When I hit CTRL ALT DEL Windows Task Manager pops up for only a couple seconds and then closes on its own I also have a box that pops up on my task bar every several minutes then dissapears immediately Looks as if you open a dprogram Cannot to get Task Manager and then close it before it opens up immediately it only appears on the task bar a full window does not pop up It also seems like my computer is running much slower Cannot get to Task Manager but I cannot pin point it to any spftware changes I might have made Cannot get to Task Manager Nothing has been done in terms of Hardware I have scanned with both Cannot get to Task Manager Spybot S amp D and AdAware I removed everything it found which wasn t much can someone go through my HJT logfile to see if there is anything else quirky with my system Thank you very much in advance Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C PROGRA AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS system EVENTVIEWOR EXE C Program Files ATI Multimedia MAIN ATISched EXE C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Trillian trillian exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files eMule emule exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqDIREC exe C Program Files Winamp winamp exe C Documents and Settings Cameron Application Data Microsoft Internet Explorer Quick Launch HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run HP Component Manager quot C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run Zango SiteFinder quot C Program Files Zango SiteFinder ZangoSiteFinder exe quot O - HKLM Run Windows Service Manager EVENTVIEWOR EXE O - HKCU Run ATI Scheduler C Program Files ATI Multimedia MAIN ATISched EXE O - HKCU Run ATI Launchpad quot C Program Files ATI Multimedia main LaunchPd exe quot O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ypager exe quot -quiet O - HKCU RunOnce Windows Service Manager EVENTVIEWOR EXE O - Startup Trillian lnk C Program Files Trillian trillian exe O - Global Startup HP Digital Imaging Monitor lnk C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe O - Global Startup HP Image Zone Fast Start lnk C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqthb exe O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item amp Translate English... Read more

Relevancy 47.73%

I have a new computer (XP Home) and am not yet familiar with it. I have been trying to locate the Task Manager but can't find it anywhere. The manual doesn't even mention it. XP is very different than Windows ME. Can anyone help me with this?

Relevancy 47.73%

hi, i'm not sure if this belongs in this section... heres my question:

how come when i open task manager, on the performance tab, and on available ram it's always like around 50 mb, when my computer has 2 gb ram?

it shows like on the top : total: 2000 cached: 1600 available: 50

can someone explain what this means?

A:RAM in Task Manager?

I'm not really absolutely positive, but here's what I think:

RAM is used as it's needed - that is, programs will use RAM however they can. When the computer first turns on, there's tons of free RAM, so the startup programs and Windows stuff use the freely available RAM first. As you do more and more things, the RAM eventually fills up, and any new programs used take over the old RAM that the startup programs aren't using anymore. You still technically have 2GB of RAM available, if you have a program that needs to fill up all 2GB, it will, but when you want to run a different program, it will take over a portion of that RAM.

Not sure if that makes sense, but really, it's probably nothing to worry about.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ram-in-task-manager.630968/
Relevancy 47.73%

l all l am using vista premium ..when l open the task manager l get readings of processes 60 cpu 57% physical memory 76% is this ok it seem higher than it was before thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/task-manager.604483/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a new computer (XP) and everything is so hard to locate. I'm trying to find the Task Manager but no luck. It isn't even mentioned in the manual. Can anyone help me with this please? Thanks

just press control + alt + del and Taskmanager will open up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/task-manager.228352/