Windows Support Forum

Random display artifacts

Q: Random display artifacts

I got a minor problem with my system. I highly doubt it is from the 9600GT card my friend give me. The symptom is: at random startup the screen will display artifacts, to be exact it actually looks like there are tiny glitters all over the screen randomly. and the display will shutoff intermittently.

always solved by a reboot. always. sometimes what i notice is, the fan is not as noisy as usual when startup, and the problem appear.

not a big deal, but getting quite irritating having to reboot to solve the problem. i've tried cleaning the card contact also of course clean the HSF and redo thermal gel.

anyone have any idea? and of course, drivers are 258.xx from nvidia web.

Core E6300 1.86, 3GB DDR2, 1000GB HDD, MSI 9600GT OC 512, LG L196WTQ 1440x900, AcBel 400W PSU.

P.S. never had any similar experience with my old 9500GT card.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Random display artifacts

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Random display artifacts

Are these artifacts displayed before and after Windows starts?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-display-artifacts.154010/
Relevancy 60.2%

First for a bit of background information, this is a problem I'm having with a brand new computer I received just yesterday. Before I go through the hassle of having to ship it back and wait for weeks to get it fixed, I'm really trying to see if I can get this sorted out without having to do so. As the title of the thread says, there are artifacts all over my display. To help illustrate this, I'm including both a picture and a video.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v120/mr.larpus/borken/?action=view&current=borkedboot.flv

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v120/mr.larpus/borken/borked.jpg

Currently I can run my OS (Windows Vista Home Premium, 32-bit, SP1) in safe mode with networking, but there are jagged white lines running all across the display. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi there I started having a problem with random yellow horizontal lines appearing for a split second Random 660 fan yellow increase GTX after artifacts speed on both Random yellow artifacts after fan speed increase GTX 660 of my monitors being output from an EVGA geforce GTX OC They are about an inch long and can appear anywhere on the screen The problem started clearly after I manually set the video card fan to for about seconds using Open Hardware Monitor There were hundreds of artifacts per second all over the screen I then turned the fan setting back to normal and it slowly revved down but in the process still artifacts heavily showed until it went down to normal speed around or RPM No overclocking or voltage mods were applied just the fan speed from the program s window However now I am getting the random artifacts just when the computer Random yellow artifacts after fan speed increase GTX 660 is idle with chrome open and nothing else I have reinstalled nvidia drivers restarted the computer left it off overnight and used the default Windows drivers No luck Please help PC built in July Core i k gb ram Asus z mainboard geforce gtx EVGA w thermaltake psu ssd and hdd nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-yellow-artifacts-after-fan-speed-increase-gtx-660.1166448/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello all first post here so bear with me I was running my computer fine yesterday as I normally would I was only on YouTube and I left the room to go get a drink When I was coming back up the stairs I heard the Vista startup noise I instantly thought of Blue Screen because it has occasionally happened in the past often on hot days like yesterday and usually sorts itself out When I got back to the computer I saw that driver Solved: responding, display nvlddmkm.sys sc artifacts, not HELP! coloured blue I was on my login screen where I would normally enter my password However the screen display was warped and there were loads of coloured artifacts covering it so I couldn t see what I was doing It looked like a giant game of Tetris I restarted normally thinking it would go away and at first it did But then about minutes later I got a message quot Display Driver nvlddmkm stopped responding has successfully recovered quot then the screen went blank and then a Solved: HELP! nvlddmkm.sys not responding, coloured artifacts, display driver blue sc blue screen message came up something like STOP x Everytime I boot up normally at some point I get the blue screen could be mins but Solved: HELP! nvlddmkm.sys not responding, coloured artifacts, display driver blue sc it always comes Sometimes the artifacts are covering the screen from the start It s like my computer has forgotten how to display Computer works OK in Safe Mode which I m currently in I dont mind Safe Mode for now except theres no sound Have tried uninstalling NVidia drivers and reinstalling but to no avail and also a System Restore Not sure what else to do really could use some help Thanks a lot OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GS Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC Berkeley MS C AR Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

A:Solved: HELP! nvlddmkm.sys not responding, coloured artifacts, display driver blue sc

Just an update to anyone who find this thread and reads it, this problem has been solved.

I decided after some research that the graphics card had died and have bought a better one off a friend. Installed the new drivers and it seems to now be working fine again, plus I have the added advantage of more power

I noticed when my old card was removed there was a horrific amount of dust gathers all over it. Not being the most hardware-literate of computer users, I have never really opened the case because I've not had the money to upgrade anything. This may have been what caused the card to die, who knows.

Anyway, if anyone has an issue like this, that's what solved it for me, so give it a go!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-nvlddmkm-sys-not-responding-coloured-artifacts-display-driver-blue-sc.1006908/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,
Each time event Id98 [Ntfs (Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs)] triggers, directory of external disk (E:\) is displaying on the screen. I would like to know how to suppress this display.
System files are ok with sfc /scannow
Thank you for your help
pbecavin

A:random directory display

You need to figure out what is triggering the event. Look in Task Scheduler and see what is shown there.
Click Start, type sched and select Task Scheduler to get there.

Some good info here, may or may not apply though: [SOLVED] Event ID: 98. Volume needs to be taken offline to perform a full chkdsk. - Windows Server - Spiceworks

http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/51950-random-directory-display.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,
Each time event Id98 [Ntfs (Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs)] triggers, directory of external disk (E:\) is displaying on the screen. I would like to know how to suppress this display.
System files are ok with sfc /scannow
Thank you for your help
pbecavin

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/51950-random-directory-display.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello,

For the past 2 months my computer will randomly lose its display, and then restart. when it restarts, there is no display on my monitor. Ive tried switching hdmi cables, using different monitors, and the problem still persists. Sometimes when I click on firefox or explorer, my screen will go black for a few seconds, then comes back.

When it restarts, my computer looses all display. I have to constantly turn it off by holding the power button, then turn it back on about 5 or 6 times until it gets back up again.

I have a feeling that it is my gpu, but I don't know if it is a hardware or driver problem.

Attached is my dmp. file

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you

A:Random restarts/No display

Ace

Based on 1 single dump you have attached and based on what you say... its a Bugcheck 116 (Video TDR failure) ... pointing towards the Nvidia drivers.

Before we try the solution please do the below

However... i would be nice if you Please use this tool to update your profile specs

And then use this tool to post all the files here

Then use Speedfan or CoreTemp or HwMonitor to post a snapshot of the temps

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/295016-random-restarts-no-display.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I am using a ASROCK Z Video Patchy Display? have and I Random BSD Pro Intel Socket with an Intel Core i K GB of I have Random BSD and Patchy Video Display? DDR RAM ADATA GB SSD My brother wanted me to test his GPU NVIDIA GeForce TI and this is when my system started to go hay wire I Tested my PSU That passed my system tester I then used my MOBO Tester no error codes to be worried about I am just questioning either the RAM or the CPU I am now using Intel's onboard GPU and is now doing the same thing as before It has crashed Windows Pro like almost once a day now It crashes with the white lines going across the screen distorting the display When I power cycle it comes back normal and I can use it The day I took out the NVIDIA TI I had my system crashed with a tone of beeps Stupid me never listened to the beeps code and it started fine after I cleared CMOS by removing the BIOS Battery I still had those lines show up I thought it was a virus as my system was running slower than normal and had a BSD with Security Check Error Message The next boot up I had an issue with a MemCheck Error But these BSD where with the GPU and not Onboard Since I took it out I haven't had any BSD My brother has that same NVIDIA GeForce TI Gard in his computer and it works fine and no errors Just wondering why I have to reset the BIOS to defaults every once in a while too I will be running my Memory tester as well to see if it may be bad RAM But something isn't running right My Power Source is a battery backup power supply and every once in a while it shows in windows that the battery is charging as my Power Strip has the USB Cable that connects to the computer and will shut down the computer if it lost power Perhaps this could be what wrong with it too One other question is there a software to test the SSD Performance Perhaps this could be the cause too

A:I have Random BSD and Patchy Video Display?

Please provide this information so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/
Should you have problems with the perfmon report, please disregard it (I don't use it very much anyway).
Should the app lock up for more than 15 minutes while searching for Network information (it does this in my copy of W10), go ahead and kill the app. 
Then navigate to the Documents folder and zip up the 18 reports in the SysnativeFileCollectionApp folder - then upload that with your next post.
If that doesn't work, then you can try this new app (from a friend of mine):  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/
When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location.
By default it'll be a .zip file located on your Desktop
Simply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.
***********************************************************************************************************

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/598793/i-have-random-bsd-and-patchy-video-display/
Relevancy 41.28%

Can this be done problem column of random numbers display ten of these numbers on screen permanently in sequence of random numbers in Display sequence largest to smallest As the numbers in column A changes Display random numbers in sequence so too should the display I know this could be done with filters but is not what I need Col A Col B Display random numbers in sequence Eggs don t have legs Ban weather reports Ban sports reports give up junk food full stops are for separation purposes only Display on screen permanently Ban sport reports Ban weather reports Give Display random numbers in sequence up junk food Eggs don t have legs If is added to col A then display should reflect the change thus - if is removed from col A display would be if it can t be done automatically then a macro would suffice These numbers would then be used to vlookup associated data In this way one could instantly see if eg an account is overdue or due without having to do anything if not macro Could be used for many other things PS The numbers for col A would be automatically calculated from date of entry or other means nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-random-numbers-in-sequence.915687/
Relevancy 41.28%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd H M-S H x x Antivirus Webroot Crashes Display Driver Random AntiVirus with Spy Sweeper Not Updated Gigabyte X-Blaster Barebone Kit - Random Crashes Display Driver Gigabyte GA-H M-S H Mobo Intel Core i CPU OCZ GB RAM Seagate Barracuda GB HD Ultra X-Blaster Black ATX Mid-Tower Case Ultra LS W PSU Running League of Legends in Very High x windows I have been having this quot Display driver NVIDIA successfully recovered quot error message for half a year now Here s what I have done RMA my video card I actually have the same if not more problems Update my drivers Consistently clean the inside of my computer Applied new thermal grease recently unfortunately a crappy kind Ran memtest with no problems This error message can occur ANYTIME but more likely in intense games For example on a bad day I can even open Firefox and it would freeze for a moment and give me the error msg in the picture There is a chance I will get the error message playing a game for minutes It seems the problem has gotten worse over the months and even spiked a little worse after I got a new video card from RMA What I think is the problem I don t want to believe it s the video card considering I tried two of the same ones with the same problem Could it possibly be incompatibility with my motherboard Though I was playing intense games for a long time before I started getting this error message Overheating Weird I opened my heatsink to clean out the dust yesterday then started my comp and my GPU temperature was way higher C while my Core were lower Then when I applied new thermal grease my GPU temp and CPU are as shown in the picture GPU lower temp and a high Core temp Right now I m pretty desperate please help me guys I ll reply to any questions right away Edit When completely idle When opening a new website miniscule tasks nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

Hey Hoping you can help me Little bit of background Built Random & issues Display Crashing this computer back in January so months old at this point Everything worked great for quite a while - then about a month ago or so my computer would crash black screen while playing games I would have to hard shutdown via holding the power button Then when restarting the display wouldn't come back after the motherboard splash screen Another restart usually via the button would get it to come back Tried a lot things - new drivers for Display issues & Random Crashing vid card and nothing really helped Eventually it got so bad that I reformatted and Display issues & Random Crashing did a complete clean install of windows Everything for the most part seemed to have been fixed with Display issues & Random Crashing that Fast forward to last week and there were a couple days in the morning where I tried to get on my comp and the display just wouldn't wake up Monitor was on standby as though it was not receiving a signal Again have to hard restart Since then I changed the hard disk sleep time to never hoping that would fix the issue Thus far it hasn't happened again but it's been less than a week so unsure if that solved the problem or not However found out that my pc restarted itself over night last night with no windows updates to blame I can see that there is a crash dump that blames ntoskernel exe and one from last week that blames ntfs exe but beyond that I'm not sure what they tell me Everytime I've checked temps I've never seen any issues or anything getting abnormally high Only program that I could find that would produce a log of temps to read from the crash was SpeedFan which did not show anything spike before the shutdowns I was experiencing Not saying this is not the cause of some of the issues but I have yet to see anything that gave me serious cause for concern I'm hoping the crashes help explain what issues my pc might be experiencing Thanks in advance for any help Desktop OS Windows bit Original OS Windows OS Full retail Age of System months Age of OS Installation Approx month since reformat clean install maybe weeks since Win CPU Intel Core i - K GHz Quad-Core Processor Video Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX GB WINDFORCE Video Card Motherboard ASRock Z EXTREME ATX LGA Motherboard PSU Corsair Professional W Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply Storage Crucial CT MX SSD Memory G Skill Ares Series GB x GB DDR - Memory Sysnative and Perfmon reports attached

A:Display issues & Random Crashing

Your UEFI/BIOS (version P1.30) dates from 2014.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  If you are able to install the update through Windows (without booting from an external drive), then go ahead and update it.  WARNING - if the computer might shut down during this procedure, please don't do it, as this may physically damage the computer and prevent it from booting.This is an interesting (and fairly rare) BSOD error code (STOP 0x154) Reset your Windows Store apps:  http://windowsitpro.com/windows-81/three-options-fixing-windows-store-problemsRe-register your Windows Store apps:  http://www.thewindowsclub.com/re-register-windows-store-apps Please uninstall MalwareBytes as it has a memory resident component that may be conflicting with your AVGShould you choose to reinstall it (after the system is stabilized), please DO NOT let it enroll you in the trial for the Pro version (that's the part that is memory resident). If all of this doesn't stop the BSOD's, please run Driver Verifier according to these instructions:  http://www.carrona.org/verifier.htmlAnalysis:The following is for informational purposes only.[font=lucida console]**************************Wed Aug 19 02:24:00.013 2015 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\081915-7078-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 10240 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Built by: [B]1024[/B]0.16430.amd64fre.th1.150807-2049
System Uptime:[B]1 days 22:53:05.691[/B]
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for spaceport.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for spaceport.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for partmgr.sys
Probably caused by :[B]ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!SMKM_STORE<SM_TRAITS>::SmStUnhandledExceptionFilter+22 )[/B]
BugCheck [B]154, {ffffe001dc911000, ffffd00023396c60, 0, 0}[/B]
BugCheck Info: [url=http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html#0x00000154]UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION (154)[/url]
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffe001dc911000, Pointer to the store context or data manager
Arg2: ffffd00023396c60, Exception information
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Reserved
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Reserved
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x154
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME:  System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: [B]0x154_nt!SMKM_STORE_SM_TRAITS_::SmStUnhandledExceptionFilter[/B]
CPUID:        "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz"
MaxSpeed:     3500
CurrentSpeed: [B]3499[/B]
  BIOS Version                  P1.30
  BIOS Release Date             05/22/2014
  Manufacturer                  To Be Filled By O.E.M.
  Baseboard Manufacturer        ASRock
  Product Name                  To Be Filled By O.E.M.
  Baseboard Product             Z97 Extreme6
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``
*******... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/587122/display-issues-random-crashing/
Relevancy 41.28%

Sometimes I come back to my PC after a while, turn on my monitor and my screen is black even though my monitor is getting the power. I press everything, move my mouse nothing happens. My computer is powered on and it not in sleep state.

I made sure I have the high performance setting in the power options and even double checked to turn off options like 'turn off display' and 'sleep'.

Not sure why it happens and happens so randomly. I have searched similar threads here, but couldn't find a proper solution to this. The only thing i can do is a hard reset.

My specs (everything including the bios is updated)

MSI Z87 G 43 Gaming motherboard
Core i5 4670
Sapphire TriX R9 290 OC
8GB RAM
Win 8.1

Help would be really appreciated, thank you

A:Black display after idle (random)

Sounds like it could be the ACPI or chipset drivers. Have you tried re-installing them?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/51992-black-display-after-idle-random.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello,

I have a Elitebook HP 8530p, and it has a issue with the screen brightness. When put 100% (energy properties are at : high profile) the screen dims, but the % remains 100, however when manually setting to a lower then to max again the screen is bright (as it should be)

This happens while i'm activly using the computer. (mouse/keyboard interaction)
I disabled every possible auto-dim feature I found. This happens at random moments but every 1-5 min it happens.

This renders the laptop useless, so any help is very welcome.

any help appreciated !

thx
svenn

A:Display brightness random dims HP

Hi Svenn,

You can try following the steps from the URL mentioned which could fix the issue: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00832191&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en

Let us know the results

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/259879-display-brightness-random-dims-hp.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi this was a problem that came up ages ago and I ve yet to understand it It makes no logical sense whatsoever atleast not to me anyway Crashing from Adapter Display Random I guess thats why I m hoping one of you legends can help out Im running windows vista and or so months ago I downloaded some codecs for video viewing The video worked Random Crashing from Display Adapter fine after that but randomly in the middle of the video the sound got stuck and the screen went purple I restarted and ever since then have been having BSOD s or random crashes before login and after login or randomly when browsing I don t have ANY malware on my computer i ve done a lot of checks or so and the codecs were from a legit site Its to do with my computer I guess but I don t know what it is But anyway basically the problem is whenever I have my display adapter enabled my computer will randomly go into startup repair loop or not work temporarily then all of a sudden work or the colours will distort randomly when I m on it after random periods of time It s all so random I don t get it I ve tried using older versions of the NVIDIA display adapter updated to the latest one all different ways possible through website once or through windows update another When I boot in safe mode everything runs fine its just when I load it normally randomly stuff happens Any ideas Thanks nbsp

A:Random Crashing from Display Adapter

Bump.. any suggestions?

Heres some minidumps I'll upload

I randomly searched a site on google and got this

http://www.osronline.com/dump/DA2.cfm

Edit : I dropboxed them

First instance : https://dl.dropbox.com/u/96452240/Mini051712-01.dmp

Most previous instances : https://dl.dropbox.com/u/96452240/Mini050712-01.dmp
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/96452240/Mini081212-01.dmp
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/96452240/Mini070412-03.dmp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-crashing-from-display-adapter.1065488/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello TechSupportGuys I come No Video Crash Display After Random to you with an issue that I cannot find ANY information on across the internet Things to No Video Display After Random Crash know -I am using an Acer Aspire M on a Windows OS - GB storage space - GB RAM -I use an NVIDIA No Video Display After Random Crash GeForce GT graphics card -Both disc drives are nearly full -I have recently installed two video editing programmes day trials -For No Video Display After Random Crash about half a year my computer has had minor glitches when playing Youtube videos or music So I was on the surfing the internet and my monitor suddenly goes completely black The fan was still going and the lights were still on but I couldn t interract with the computer because I had no display whatsoever About an hour beforehand I had been converting some HD video files which was probably using up a lot of memory and I had been Skyping too The computer had been running a lot more slowly over the past couple of days but had shown no signs of being about to break So I turned the computer off and then tried to reboot it The Acer logo appeared but after that nothing else happened not even the start Windows normally screen The mouse still lit up and the computer seemed to be alive but it downright refused to display anything at all When I briefly tilted it however the display popped up for another millisecond I tried rebooting this morning at which point the Acer screen briefly flashed up I managed to start it up in safe mode and the core features of the computer appear to be working However when I tried to access the internet the error x appeared This may be completely irrelevant but every piece of information helps So we can basically rule out that the monitor is playing up which makes me wonder how far inside the computer the problem is hidden What do you think could be causing this issue Any advice whatsoever would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:No Video Display After Random Crash

Greetings Pal,

So first of all, I want to say kudos to you for the very detailed description of your problem. I will try my best to help you determine the cause of this issue as I will attempt to cross out some possible causes. This is not a solution to your problem however.

If I had to take an educated guess, Id have to say your drivers are the problem. Safe mode loads using the least amount of Drivers, therefore you will have to address this issue by going into "Device Manager" (Type it into the Start Menu) Look for any xs next to your driver and update. (This will not work unless ur select "Safe Mode with Networking."

My first possible attempt would be to get into safe mode again, control panel, and remove the two 30 day trail programs you downloaded. This should free up some space so that you can move around a little faster to determine the issue.

If this isnt the issue, your VGI cable could be the cause. In this case you'd have to buy a new cable but this is a last resort.

I hope I was able to guide you a Little towards finding your solution, Have a good day and keep me updated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-video-display-after-random-crash.1075539/
Relevancy 41.28%

OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD FX tm - Six-Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Solved: of freezing display Random Co Ltd M MT-S Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled PSU Xtreme Gear w Hello Recently my computer has been dealing with an issue with lockups The cursor won t move the display completely freezes and the keyboard becomes unresponsive The only thing I can do at that point is completely reboot the system It happened once before and the problem was fixed for about a Solved: Random freezing of display month when I fixed an issue with my graphics card Now the problem has brought itself back and I don t know what to do I Solved: Random freezing of display ve seen a lot of people pointing at Xtreme Gear power supplies and saying that they re usually the cause for problems but I wanted to know from someone if it is possible there s another problem entirely Thank you for your help nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

Hi I reported on this problem some time ago in the Browser forum and i thought i had cured it by restarting my modem and the router but it seems the problem quot creeps quot back My set-up is a virgin media broadband connection to one of their modems which then has a m CAT E running outside the house to the Router also supplied by VM My desktop PC is cat IE8 webpage Cannot -Random please display error help 'd to the router which are close together I've had this set-up for sometime now and never experience problems when my desktop was running XP and IE I also have a laptop running XP IE and AVG free which uses the wireless connection and does not suffer any connection problems at all My desktop is now running WIN bit and IE with Kapersky Internet Security I have also tried AVG free before kapersky and also tried firefox When i remove power from the modem and router and re-start them the problem seems to be fixed but then by the end of the week i am experiancing the problem again on random websites some work some seem to time-out and give the error message If I click on the quot Diagnose Connection Problems quot Win goes through its motions but tells me the problem could not be identified Then when I close the troubleshooter IE seems to do a refresh and the page i wanted displays just fine I cant work out whats going on I have tried replacing the m cat between PC and router with no effect Any ideas please

A:IE8 Cannot display webpage -Random error help please

Have you tried using a different browser, to see if the problem persists?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/118712-ie8-cannot-display-webpage-random-error-help-please.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi all I have recently installed Windows Professional edition on my Dell XPSM laptop It was a fresh installation All went smoothly when until recently the OS has started crashing randomly It does not matter what crashes and Random display freeze drive I do be it moving a window adjusting the video chatting screen copy pasting from one excel file to another etc the OS seems to crash I'd done all the necessary checks Random crashes and display drive freeze to see what the issue is although I'm unable to read the dmp files Further the Nvidia driver for the Gefore GT Sli card in the laptop also crashes inadvertently Thinking that this could be a driver related issue I installed all the latest versions of the same Yet no respite I'm just so fed-up with Windows OS I simply don't understand how this OS is better than Vista Funny though my previous Vista installation never crashed I simply don't understand the reason behind I was a Linux Ubuntu user until I shifted to W Now I'm seriously considering moving back to Ubuntu Can someone please help me out over here Although I don't wish to cloud anyone's thought my hunch is that the crashes are very much related to the Nvidia driver Anyway I look forward to your views

A:Random crashes and display drive freeze

Go to the search option then type in

c:\windows\minidump

Then zip the file and upload with your post, one of the kind experts will look at it for you and get back to you.

Steve

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/51409-random-crashes-display-drive-freeze.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi everyone So I've been using to with Random freezes, display drivers? do possibly a custom-built Eurocom laptop for the past two years and recently it's been freezing about - times per day Sometimes the freeze happens randomly and sometimes the screen flickers I get a AMD driver has stopped responding and recovered successfully but then either it allows for one or two more movements of the mouse before freezing requiring restart or it recovers again and then BSODs I've tried to use System Restore but can't get it to fully restore without freezing Also in the past few days after I stupidly used Random freezes, possibly to do with display drivers? ccleaner and then tuneup utilities to clean the registry there's been a lot of excessive activity from the fans and my idle memory usage was GB total of GB RAM Random freezes, possibly to do with display drivers? I think it might be AMD's Catalyst Control Center being wonky I'm going to try to uninstall everything and use driver sweeper to clean it all out then re-install just the basic drivers If that doesn't work does anyone know what could be causing this Also what should I Random freezes, possibly to do with display drivers? provide so that I can get help Thanks Update I've uninstalled sweeped all drivers thus disabling my graphics card AMD Radeon HD M and my idle memory usage has dropped by GB and the fans aren't spinning up every minute

A:Random freezes, possibly to do with display drivers?

It says I'm not permitted to load a speccy snapshot, so here's som copypasta:

Operating System
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
    Intel Core i7 2860QM @ 2.50GHz    47 °C
    Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
    12.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
    EUROCOM P150HM Racer (SOCKET 0)    46 °C
Graphics
    Standard Monitor ([email protected])
    ATI AMD Radeon HD 6900M Series (CLEVO/KAPOK Computer)
Storage
    931GB Western Digital WDC WD10JPVT-22A1YT0 (SATA)    43 °C
Optical Drives
    TSSTcorp CDDVDW SN-208AB
Audio
    AMD High Definition Audio Device

With a closer look at graphics:

Graphics
        Monitor
            Name    Standard Monitor on
            Current Resolution    1400x1050 pixels
            Work Resolution    1400x999 pixels
            State    Enabled, Primary
            Monitor Width    1400
            Monitor Height    1050
            Monitor BPP    32 bits per pixel
            Monitor Frequency    1 Hz
            Device    \\.\DISPLAY1
        ATI AMD Radeon HD 6900M Series
            Manufacturer    ATI
            Model    AMD Radeon HD 6900M Series
            GPU    Blackcomb
            Device ID    1002-6720
            Subvendor    CLEVO/KAPOK Computer (1558)
            Current Performance Level    Level 0
            Release Date    Jan 06, 2011
            DirectX Support    11.0
            DirectX Shader Model    5.0
            OpenGL Support    4.1
            Bios Core Clock    100.00
            Bios Mem Clock    150.00
            ROPs    32
            Shaders    960 unified
                Count of performance levels : 1
                    Level 1
and motherboard:

Motherboard
    Manufacturer    EUROCOM
    Model    P150HM Racer (SOCKET 0)
    Version    Not Applicable
    Chipset Vendor    Intel
    Chipset Model    Sandy Bridge
    Chipset Revision    09
    Southbridge Vendor    Intel
    Southbridge Model    HM65
    Southbridge Re... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526074/random-freezes-possibly-to-do-with-display-drivers/
Relevancy 40.85%

The OS is Windows Home Premium 64-bit. The OS install is about 6 months old. BSOD started happening randomly about two weeks ago. It seems to happen at no consistent time. Sometimes the video card is not being used heavily, other times it is. The action center reports video hardware errors occurring at the same time as the BSOD, so I'm fairly sure they are related. The diagnostics are attached in accordance with the instructions. If anyone could take a look, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

A:Random BSOD, Probably Display Driver Related

You have D-Link DWA-160 Xtreme N Dual Band USB Adapter(rev.A2) - Win7 does not like these devices and, if using older (Vista-era) drivers, will spit out BSOD's rapidly! Here's my rant on these devices:

Quote:
I do not recommend using wireless USB devices. Especially in Win7 systems.
These wireless USB devices have many issues with Win7 - and using Vista drivers with them is almost sure to cause a BSOD.
Should you want to keep using these devices, be sure to have Win7 drivers - DO NOT use Vista drivers!!!
An installable wireless PCI/PCIe card that's plugged into your motherboard is much more robust, reliable, and powerful.

Wired networking is disabled. Is this deliberate? If so, why?

Daemon Tools (and Alcohol % software) are known to cause BSOD's on some Win7 systems (mostly due to the sptd.sys driver, although I have seen dtsoftbus01.sys blamed on several occasions).
Please uninstall the program, then use the following free tool to ensure that the troublesome sptd.sys driver is removed from your system (pick the 32 or 64 bit system depending on your system's configuration): DuplexSecure - FAQ

McAfee's present in the dumps - it doesn't mean anything, it's just a "hunch" on my part. Please try this to rule it out:

Quote:
Anti-Virus Removal:
Please do the following:
- download a free antivirus for testing purposes: Free AntiVirus
- uninstall the McAfee from your system (you can reinstall it, if so desired, when we're done troubleshooting)
- remove any remnants of McAfee using this free tool: How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee products using the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR.exe) (This link has changed a lot. If it doesn't work, search for McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool)
- IMMEDIATELY install and update the free antivirus, then check to ensure that the Windows Firewall is turned on.
- check to see if this fixes the BSOD's
NOTE: NEVER run more than 1 anti-virus, firewall, Internet Security/Security Center application at the same time.

2 different BSOD's - so it's uncertain what's causing this.
For the most recent (STOP 0x116) - try this troubleshooting topic: STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting
For the other BSOD (STOP 0xA) - please run Driver Verifier according to these instructions: Driver Verifier Settings

Finally, there are lots of older (2009 and earlier)_drivers present in the memory dump. Please update them from the manufacturer's website. There's a list of drivers with dates below this - use that list, along with the links below the list, to find and update the drivers. Post back with questions for any problems that you may have.

If the above steps don't stop the BSOD's, please zip up and upload any new memory dumps with your next post - and we'll see what we can figure out from there.

The following info is just FYI, I've already addressed the issues that I saw in the above paragraphs

- Further info on BSOD error messages available at: http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html
- Info on how to troubleshoot BSOD's (DRAFT): http://www.carrona.org/userbsod.html
- How I do it: http://www.carrona.org/howidoit.html

3RD PARTY DRIVERS PRESENT IN THE DUMP FILES

Code:

AtihdW76.sys Fri May 11 04:25:40 2012 (4FACCD04)
Darusb_win7x.sys Wed Jun 23 23:42:49 2010 (4C22D439)
GEARAspiWDM.sys Mon May 18 08:17:04 2009 (4A1151C0)
MOBK.sys Thu Dec 31 22:20:07 2009 (4B3D69E7)
McPvDrv.sys Wed Mar 30 17:00:49 2011 (4D939A01)
RTKVHD64.sys Wed Aug 05 05:46:28 2009 (4A7954F4)
SI3132.sys Wed Oct 03 14:39:29 2007 (4703E1E1)
SiRemFil.sys Wed Jun 20 15:42:10 2007 (46798312)
SiWinAcc.sys Thu Jun 14 20:02:02 2007 (4671D6FA)
VMNET.SYS Fri Jul 08 03:43:55 2011 (4E16B53B)
amdxata.sys Fri Mar 19 12:18:18 2010 (4BA3A3CA)
anodlwfx.sys Fri Mar 06 05:10:08 2... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/240369-random-bsod-probably-display-driver-related.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi, I am getting random lines or colors when I go to desktop or hit refresh. It appears randomly. While playing games, running other applications, it doesn't seem to appear, but still, it appears randomly. Here is an image of a same web page, opened in two different tabs. You can see that in the rightmost part of the screen(where we have the option to scroll the web page) there are two tiny lines of red color. Its there in one tab, but not in any of the other tabs in the browser. Here are those two tabs.

There is also a small white-squared box near the right side, but that one is my mouse cursor.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/73498-display-issue-random-lines-colors-etc.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I tried putting win 8.1 on it that went nowhere fast as the ATI drivers crash out crash out win 8.1 , anyway with the default Intel drivers, never saw any glitches, after reformatting it and putting win7 on it and having all the drivers installed I get odd display glitches on the desktop.

The glitches are lines, bars or blocks of grabbled graphics like it took a picture of that area then garbled it up, and sometimes they are static snow.

I ran 3Dmark 06 in various loops from 30 minutes to a couple hours on a cooling pad and it never glitches out but I go to surf or arrange files and dose it every now and then, is this an issue with the LCD screen or what??

A:hp tm2 215nr random display glitches, desktop

Hi ... Try an external Monitor that would rule out the Graphics ... Are your Drivers up to Date ? ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/361055-hp-tm2-215nr-random-display-glitches-desktop.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Yes. I am a beginner, and so I was hoping if someone knew how to display 10 random real numbers between 0 and 10 in Java. The problem I am having is displaying 10 different numbers generated from one Math.random statement. This is what I have so far:

public class RandomNumber {

public static void main ( String[] args ) {

double number;

number = Math.random() * 11;

System.out.println ("Here are ten random real numbers between 0 and 10:");

System.out.println (number);
}
}

Relevancy 40.85%

My Nvidia GT- often maybe of time boots up from power down condition in a strange way on my i - system no overclock My primary monitor comes up as a random noise quot snow quot display The Windows login graphics are faintly visible under the noise but it is almost impossible to use the mouse to log in or reboot The second monitor comes up fine with a normal blank Windows desktop The system always seems to reboot correctly as long as the display to snow GT640 random boots power stays on I e the problem shows up after power down then power up -- cold start If I then use the PC reset button the system GT640 boots to random snow display always boots up correctly So GT640 boots to random snow display it seems that sometimes the quot power on reset quot for the GT- is not truly resetting the hardware as it should Yes I could switch the display ports but then I'd still need to reboot to get both monitors correct The BIOS startup displays normally I only see the problem when Windows starts Is this a known issue Any workarounds or fixes TIA

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/385364-gt640-boots-random-snow-display.html
Relevancy 40.42%

My computer has been crashing a lot lately Usually the computer BSODs crashes and freezes, Display random system freezes and weird lines appear on the display Display freezes, BSODs and random system crashes when it happens Other times it just shows a BSOD and restarts It started happening around - weeks after my motherboard processor and RAM were changed because a part of the previous motherboard had burnt The previous motherboard was ASUS M A -EM the onboard Display freezes, BSODs and random system crashes graphics was ATI Radeon HD and RAM was GB DDR I took the PC to a my computer vendor after everything I tried had failed Firstly he diagnosed it as an issue because of improper earthing grounding in the switchboard where I plugged the computer and the UPS I got the earthing issue sorted but to no avail it still hanged freezed The second time I took it to him he said that he might have to update the BIOS and when I Display freezes, BSODs and random system crashes brought it back the problem had apparently been fixed but that was only for a few days After like - days it started happening again Same weird lines - green magenta purple and all the rest of it - started appearing The HDD LED stops when this happens I only observed the LED today though Today the computer freezed without those weird lines on two out of the or times it happenrd it looked like it had just hanged but the HDD LED had gone off Sometimes the PC doesn t start up at all immediately after it has crashed That s what led me to guess it s a hardware issue Also it happens in safe mode and Windows XP too I dual boot Windows XP and Windows and I remember it once happening even before the computer had completely booted Computer details Windows -bitASUS M A LT-M-LEAMD Athlon II X ATI Radeon onboard graphics x GB DDR RAM GB SATAMinidumps and NirSoft BlueScreenView HTML report http dl dropbox com u Minidump zipCPU Z HTML report http dl dropbox com u CPU Z report zipPlease help me fix this problem I have had this for like months now and it s getting between me and my work

A:Display freezes, BSODs and random system crashes

After installing the new motherboard did you format and reinstall the OS and then install all of the correct drivers?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/425245/display-freezes-bsods-and-random-system-crashes/
Relevancy 40.42%

I had no display issues with Win7 Pro 32-bit, but having migrated to Win 10, the display will randomly go black, sometimes with the mouse cursor visible. There is disk activity but no key combination seems to get the display on again so I end up rebooting via the power button to shut down and cold start.

BIOS is latest, as are display drivers. I have tried rolling back the drivers and even using generic VGA drivers to no avail. Also removed and rediscovered the display card in Device Manager. Lenovo don't have anything useful.

I have seen a few similar posts on other sites but no answers. Anyone have an idea?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/37867-lenovo-t530-display-issue-random-blanking.html
Relevancy 40.42%

My computer Display random freezes, crashes BSODs system and has Display freezes, BSODs and random system crashes been crashing a lot lately Usually the computer freezes and weird lines appear on the display when it happens Other times it just shows a BSOD and restarts It started happening around - weeks after my motherboard processor and RAM were changed because a part of the previous motherboard had burnt The previous motherboard was ASUS M A -EM the onboard graphics was ATI Radeon HD and RAM was GB DDR I took the PC to a my computer vendor after everything I tried had failed Firstly he diagnosed it as an issue because of improper earthing grounding in the switchboard where I plugged the computer and the UPS I got the earthing issue sorted but to no avail it still hanged freezed The second time I Display freezes, BSODs and random system crashes took it to him he said that he might have to update the BIOS and when I brought it back the problem had apparently been fixed but that was only for a few days After like - days it started happening again Same weird lines - green magenta purple and all the rest of it - started appearing The HDD LED stops when this happens I only observed the LED today though Today the computer freezed without those weird lines on two out of the or times it happenrd it looked like it had just hanged but the HDD LED had gone off Sometimes the PC doesn t start up at all immediately after it has crashed That s what led me to guess it s a hardware issue Also it happens in safe mode and Windows XP too I dual boot Windows XP and Windows and I remember it once happening even before the computer had completely booted Also I at times the computer switches on but it doesn t boot The power light on the cabinet lights up and some noise can be heard but nothing else suggests that it is switched on display and keyboard are both inactive Another thing when the computer is switched on ever since I started having this problem a scratching like sound can be heard lasting only or seconds Computer details Windows -bit ASUS M A LT-M-LE AMD Athlon II X ATI Radeon onboard graphics x GB DDR RAM GB SATA Minidumps and NirSoft BlueScreenView HTML report http dl dropbox com u Minidump zip CPU Z HTML report http dl dropbox com u CPU Z report zip Please help me fix this problem I have had this for like months now and it s getting between me and my work P S I have tried reinstalling Windows but it didn t work So I guess this is almost certainly a hardware problem Please move the thread to hardware section if required nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-freezes-bsods-and-random-system-crashes.1026136/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi I have recently bought an ABIT VT Motherboard and have updated all the drivers for it along with the bios It has been working fine for the last months or so Unfortunately the problem I have recently is during a game my PC will either abruptly and randomly restart or the computer crashes sometimes with the blue screen Driver Random PC Display HELP!!! Crashes!!! Restarts Causing of death and the game returns to desktop with a referenced memory error also when the BSOD appears I get a disp dll file that has apparently caused the error I understand this is the display driver or part of it When the pc restarts it is as though the hard Display Driver Causing Random PC Restarts Crashes!!! HELP!!! drive is turning back on again as if it has been turned off When windows restarts I get the Microsoft error reporting window and when I have sent the error details it tells me that a device driver has caused the problem but the numpties at Microsoft cannot determine what one it is All drivers are up to date I have tried all different display drivers old and new I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure Display Driver Causing Random PC Restarts Crashes!!! HELP!!! out what is wrong and why it has been happening darth I have changed memory modules my graphics card PSU EVERYTHING And nothing seems to work The only thing I haven t tried is maybe try an ATI graphics card If you can shed any light on all this bable I have given you it would be most appreciated My system is as follows P GHz Mb DDR RAM MB GeForce FX XT GPU Gb Hard disk space Abit VT Mobo Windows XP with SP and all current updates from Microsoft Regards Matthew Vincent hotbounce nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/display-driver-causing-random-pc-restarts-crashes-help.20967/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi everyone I freezes) errors Strange (display corruption, random m having a lot of strange things happening to me hope somebody can help me A few days ago I was playing a game and I started noticing artifacts on the screen I was thinking my cards running hot so I gave it a break But when I tried playing later the artifacts were still there Then the problem increased I started to freeze in game for about seconds then my monitor would turn off turn itself back on then the Strange random errors (display corruption, freezes) game would resume Wondering if it was specific to the game I tried a different one Strange random errors (display corruption, freezes) Same thing happened there My next problem was my screen went black saying it lost sync After rebooting I had error messagew relating to my video card It would not continue I opened my case and changed the power cable to a different one on my power Strange random errors (display corruption, freezes) supply Booted up and everything seemed ok Thinking I had solved it I start up my game again Nope still got artifacts and the monitor turned off and back on again Now I m thinking it s definitely my video card is fried So today I brought it in with my warranty and got a brand new card But of course I wouldnt be writing here if things went well after that right So yeah same issues except after rebooting after the most recent error my computer would not even get past the XP load up screen it would just restart the boot process I turned it off and came back an hour later and tried booting again and I m up and running for now I replaced my power supply about months ago So I know its not old But it might be the culprit Because of the error that got solved with switching the power cables and the fact that my front temp display blanked out when I had the faulty cable on my card I m at my wit s end here any help would be great Cheers nbsp

A:Strange random errors (display corruption, freezes)

What kind of display cards have you been using?

And can you post a screenshot of the problem?

Do they occur on bootup, in Safe Mode, or only under special circumstances, such as gaming and high cpu usage?

High temps or an inadequate power supply could certainly be a cause.

I'm going to move this to the hardware forum as it seems unlikely it is an "XP" issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-random-errors-display-corruption-freezes.487965/
Relevancy 40.42%

My display seems to freeze up for 1-3 seconds at random times. It hangs up during videos, while typing, pretty much whenever something is happening on the screen. It seems to be completely random, as Youtube videos freeze up just as often as it does while typing these words. It won't even keep up with the text when typing a .txt document in notepad.

Toshiba P755-S5215 Laptop
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
i3 2.1 GHz CPU
6 GB factory installed RAM

I recently did a system restore for other reasons. It was acting up before, but is worse now. All drivers are up to date. Windows update did everything it needed to. I checked the Task Manager, and no suspicious processes or services are running. Disk is not fragmented. Memory diagnostic said the computer's memory is fine.

I am out of ideas of things to check. I would appreciate any help I can get.

Thank you in advance for your help.
-Worlock51

A:[SOLVED] Display choppy/hanging at random times

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Take a look at this article here: Is your PC running slow...?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-display-choppy-hanging-at-random-times-689754.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello So recently i bought a new PC and im having problems with video while playing games Everything happens randomly - most often monitor display is turning off with audio still being played properly got to reboot pc - second to that freezes happen got to reboot pc - rarely quot Display driver has stopped working quot error pops up no need to reboot pc - freezes for few seconds and then everything is back to normal - few times little window popped up on the screen saying quot Signal frequency out of range Please change signal timing etc quot I noticed that i have more chances of experiencing of the above just after reboot from previous crash and starting a game Okay now to the part what i have done sofar Already tried a dozen of different Catalyst drivers previously removing old ones with Driver Sweeper Overdrive is turned off and i didnt touch any clock Default setup I tried PSU and GPU on another PC for - hours XFX Radeon problems HD6770 freezes / crashes / - display random - no problems but it doesnt say much anyway I can play single game for few hours on my PC without any problem as well then few in a row may happen Some of the problems directly imply that refreshing rate can be wrong and GPU is overheating XFX Radeon HD6770 - random freezes / display problems / crashes Note that i have CRT screen with DVI-VGA adapter and refreshing rate is set to Hz already tried multiple ones in the range of - with resolution set to - ingame desktop nothing helps About overheating - i ran the Furmark test as suggested in another thread it was running for roughly min and temp got stable at - C - no artifacts Monitor is just fine worked like a charm on previous PC and tried different DVI-VGA adapters I ran a Memtest from boot level twice for whole night no errors Re-attached the GPU into the slot to be sure its settled properly together with power cable Voltages checked in AIDA - while on desktop - https dl dropbox com u czujnik png sorry for no-english here - while playing - no change at all and im aware of software based sensors not being too accurate its just all i can do for now and im unlikely to get the proper one Latest BSOD log i had just a couple this one clearly happened ingame privatepaste com Paste ID f a - quot Nie mo na odnale okre lonego pliku quot means quot Couldn't locate quot this quot file quot By the way there is so many topics like this in the web especialy for HD I found topic where someone had exact same problem on some Geforce GPU and fixed it by imroving voltage by just a little Not that it has to have anything to do with my problem but worth a mention i guess ---------- So those are my PC specs CPU - Phenom II X Quad Core Black Edition GHz RAM - DDR MB PC CL GPU - Radeon HD GB DDR BIT xDVI HDMI BOX HDD - Caviar Blue '' GB SATA RPM MOBO - ASRock PRO PSU - OCZ-CXS W-EU CRT Display - NEC FE SB with DVI-VGA adapter System - Windows Ultimate x ---------- Hopefully theres solution other than quot give it back and ask for refund quot Thanx in advance guys and greetings

A:XFX Radeon HD6770 - random freezes / display problems / crashes

Hi and welcome.
I have a Gigae Byte silent HD 6770 and my temps are 47.5C, 47.5C and 51C at idle. Similar to yours. Download Download TechPowerUp GPU-Z v0.6.5 | techPowerUp and run it whilst gaming and set the options to log to a file and show maximum temperatures. This will show you if it is overheating. Do you have plenty of cooling in your case? I suspect you need to keep the VGA temps card below 80C maximum. Mine don't really go much over 77 to 77C.
Hope this helps Tony.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/258266-xfx-radeon-hd6770-random-freezes-display-problems-crashes.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Been fighting this for a while and need some expert help. I'm beginning to think it really is a hardware problem, but you know that's not likely. Tried updating, uninstalling, reinstalling and all the normal easy stuff but to no avail.

BSOD arrives without rhyme or reason and not during any specific activity. Earlier today actually crashed just a few min after boot before I even touched the machine.

Right before BSOD appears, the screen goes haywire... looks like a mish-mosh of pixels, a multi-color horror show smudged across the frozen screen. Then a few seconds later, the too-familiar blue follows with a variety of explanations (at least that's what it looks like to me.)

Feels like this laptop was dropped on its head.

I've uploaded the zip file which hopefully has all the system DNA needed to decode.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

A:BSOD graphics/display issue(?) seems to be random. Advice appreciated!

Hello odejo, let me be the first to welcome you to the seven forums. You do have a lot of mini-dumps hang on a little longer and one of the forums BSOD experts will help you with your problem, sorry you are these BSOD's but help will come soon.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/370796-bsod-graphics-display-issue-seems-random-advice-appreciated.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Yesterday my computer shut down and restarted with a message that read quot Serious error Display driver error quot I followed many of the options the error message directed me driver display Occasional, error. black random screen with to such as updating my display driver Radeon x and doing many other updates that Windows had recommended along with diagnostic tests that led me to no conclusions I have Occasional, random black screen with display driver error. not had the display driver error message pop up since however when and if the computer does restart I am only able to me on the computer for a limited amount of time as the screen turns black and the monitor light turns amber Sometimes it will switch back to green and eventually come back again but other times it does not In addition whether or not this is unrelated I don t know when I restart the computer a message appears saying quot Drive not found Occasional, random black screen with display driver error. Press F to continue or F to setup quot I m not the greatest with computers but I m sure I could follow along easy enough with some layman Occasional, random black screen with display driver error. s terms After being days into trying to solve the issue any advice or suggestions are much appreciated I m happy to provide any more information if anyone needs it Operating system Windows XP Dell PD nbsp

A:Occasional, random black screen with display driver error.

Also, when I reboot the tower makes 2 short beeps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/occasional-random-black-screen-with-display-driver-error.1061140/
Relevancy 39.99%

Excel puts random black and grey boxes on my external UHD/4k monitor. I'm guessing that many of you may be seeing the same thing since I see many on here asking how to hook up multiple UHD/4k displays. If you are seeing this problem, you may want to head over and vote on the issue at Microsoft's Excel UserVoice so it gets more visibility. I'm guessing this is an Excel problem and not a Lenovo issue but I do think there is a higher chance that people in this forum would see the problem as they are more likely to be using high-end displays.  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Excel-display-issues-random-black-and-grey-boxes-on-external-UHD/td-p/3387294
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi,

I have a shortcut to "Favorites" (as it appears in Explorer). I decided to make a favorite for my most frequently visited locations in explorer. Here's how the properties of it look:

My problem is that every time I click the shortcut (from quicklaunch) I never know how it's going to look. Sometimes it's in Tiles view (my preferred view for the Favorites), and I'd say probably 50% of the time it opens in List view. Is there any way I can force it to always be one view (Tiles view to be specific).

Tiles view :

List view :

A:Explorer Shortcut opens in random display list mode

Hello ddd,

As a test, see how using the Favorites shortcut in the tutorial below works for you instead. It uses a different way to open it that may work better.

Favorites Shortcut - Create

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/291352-explorer-shortcut-opens-random-display-list-mode.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello all I have a problem obviously with my computer This computer is a new rig a display random after after drive logo, failure boot screen Black and even though i've been having Blue screens of Death at the beginning fixed thanks to this forum everything's been running perfectly Here are the specs to my computer running Windows Pro MOBO Asus p z -V Black screen after boot logo, after a random display drive failure PRO CPU Intel i- k RAM x gb cl Gskill Ripjaw i had but one of them was faulty so it was removed SSD Samsung gb OS Windows pro x HDD WD Caviar Black tb Heatsink Noctua NH-D PSU Antec HCP gold GPU MSI Radeon Twin FROZR i have a spare GeForce GT which i will get into details later My monitor is a Xstar quot p It has been running on overclock from hz to hz without any problems Now to the problem I've been having MAJOR problems with my WiFi The wifi adapter is the intergrated one from the Mobo WiFi Go which only has ghz So i was trying to find out how i could make my computer compatible with ghz I moved the case and i think the Dual DVI cable on the graphic card might have pulled just a bit and i see a popup on my monitor at the bottom right corner saying quot Display Driver has failed but recovered quot or something very similar Next thing i know my peripherals dont work anymore Screen seems frozen but i dont know for SURE that it was frozen might be just my peripherals that stopped working because i can't remember if there was an animated image still moving or not in one of the opened windows it's all very blurry at this point From what I know and what I can see with verifications made later on i don't think any updates have been done and no drivers were updated So I hard reset my computer and whadda ya know Windows logo shows and right after when i'm supposed to get the logon screen the monitor just turns black So i reset a couple of times and every time is the exact same problem The screen just goes black after the boot sequence Heres what i tried - Tried restoring from a restore point Didn't work - Tried in safe mode Computer boots up and works - - Tried uninstalling graphics drivers OK - - Tried reinstalling the drivers but the card was not recognized and the only way to get the drivers for my card is with an auto-detect from AMD So that didn't work - - When reebooting the computer screen goes black again - Tried reseating my card Didn't work - Tried the second DVI slot on my card Didn't work - Tried taking out the card and plugging a second monitor p because the korean one was not compatible with the iGPU to the intergrated gpu The computer boots up fine - I call ASUS customer support I explain the situation and the guy tells me to RMA my graphics card Which i do and I send it away Now I could've stopped there but since i JUST got into my weeks vacation from work and wanted to use a bit of that time to play a few games on the computer I tried running them with the iGPU As expected it it was barely acceptable for a low-end graphics game I then remembered I had another GPU GeForce GT in an older computer I gave to my girlfriend for her work Knowing it wasnt gonna be much improvement I still decided to try it out So i plug it in connect my p monitor to it And then that's when I realized that the GPU i sent back for RMA was NOT the problem Because it did the exact same thing for this GPU So i tried reinstalling the drivers for the Gefore which this time the install worked because it's not an autodetect but the problem was not solved Still a black screen I try to look around in forums some more and I can't seem to find anything that is like my situation I read somewhere that it was recommended to run Chkdsk f r or something When I did that in Safe Mode with networking it said it couldnt do it right away So it prompted me to ask if I wanted to schedule it on next startup To which I said yes Good god I inflicted myself another hours and an overnight of troubleshooting I was not able to reboot my computer and cancel the... Read more

A:Black screen after boot logo, after a random display drive failure

First try running Memtest86+: This runs from a boot disk or CD and should eliminate or confirm if your one or more of your memory sticks are bad.

Let it run for about 20 passes (An ideal test would be about an hour), if no errors by then your ram is OK.

Download the bootable .ISO from here: http://www.memtest.org/

How to create a bootable CD: How to Create a Boot Disk With Imgburn | eHow

Let me know if the software shows up with any errors. Please take a picture of it.

---------------

Next: Download Seagate Tools for DOS from here: SeaTools for DOS | Seagate

Once downloaded on another PC burn the software to a bootable CD.

Then on the broken PC boot to the Seagate Tools and run the short test.

If any errors take a picture and reply with the pictures.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/black-screen-after-boot-logo-after-a-random-display-drive-failure-703182.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello all.

I have a Dell Latitude D600 and at random times the display will flicker with horizontal lines. I can sometimes agitate it by gently twisting the LCD and it will flicker. I've done some research before and thought the problem would be the flex video cable, which I ordered and installed, but it still flickers. The LCD looks cosmetically perfect, as well as the inverter. The display backlight isn't flickering, rather there are white lines that flicker randomly, so I don't think it's the inverter.

I hooked it up via VGA to an external machine and only the laptop suffered the flicking so I believe that the graphics card is fine.

Here's a video on what I'm talking about.
Dell Latitude D600 Display Flickering - YouTube

-Dustin

A:Dell Latitude D600 Display Flickering (random horizontal lines)

Bump. I checked the flex cable connections to both the LCD and motherboard, and they're both fine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/274450-dell-latitude-d600-display-flickering-random-horizontal-lines.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Here lately on my off. shuts display and while Random idling, playing games BSOD monitor PC I've been getting random BSOD and the monitor display with turn off and back on randomly a few times with one of them showing no signal then it will revert to being back on all of my temps on my PC are pretty Random BSOD while playing games and idling, monitor display shuts off. cool when this happens and I cannot figure out what is going on any tips -Attached a report to this thread as well containing a system scan -Edit Another BSOD a few Random BSOD while playing games and idling, monitor display shuts off. minuted after posting this here is the report from it Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode e BCP FFFFFFFFC BCP BCP FFFFF BCP FFFFF OS Version Service Pack Product Files Random BSOD while playing games and idling, monitor display shuts off. that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Braxton AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt -Edit Booted up a game just now and while in the middle of playing the game and audio randomly freezes multiple times and on the task manager my CPU usage would spike to times then anywhere from - about times then it would settle back down to normal levels around

A:Random BSOD while playing games and idling, monitor display shuts off.

Update the display driver to 352.86 WHQL and see how it goes.

NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL

Code:
BugCheck 116, {fffffa800d070010, fffff88006059a08, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+7aca08 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

3: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa800d070010, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff88006059a08, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: ffffffffc000009a, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000004, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
nvlddmkm+7aca08
fffff880`06059a08 48ff258126edff jmp qword ptr [nvlddmkm+0x67f090 (fffff880`05f2c090)]

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17336 (debuggers(dbg).150226-1500) amd64fre

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`06806a48 fffff880`06342134 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`0d070010 fffff880`06059a08 ffffffff`c000009a : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`06806a50 fffff880`06315867 : fffff880`06059a08 fffffa80`10c42000 00000000`00000000 ffffffff`c000009a : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`06806a90 fffff880`06341f43 : 00000000`ffffd846 ffffffff`fffe7960 fffffa80`0d070010 fffff880`05837f3c : dxgkrnl!DXGADAPTER::Reset+0x2a3
fffff880`06806b40 fffff880`0583803d : fffffa80`0cfae0d0 00000000`00000080 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`10c25410 : dxgkrnl!TdrResetFromTimeout+0x23
fffff880`06806bc0 fffff800`0331a456 : 00000000`fffffc32 fffffa80`1091ca00 fffffa80`0c749040 fffffa80`1091ca00 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWorkerThread+0x101
fffff880`06806c00 fffff800`030722c6 : fffff800`031ffe80 fffffa80`1091ca00 fffff800`0320dcc0 00000000`00000000 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`06806c40 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxStartSystemThread+0x16
STACK_COMMAND: .bugcheck ; kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nvlddmkm+7aca08
fffff880`06059a08 48ff258126edff jmp qword ptr [nvlddmkm+0x67f090 (fffff880`05f2c090)]

SYMBOL_NAME: nvlddmkm+7aca08

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: nvlddmkm

IMAGE_NAME: nvlddmkm.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 55259065

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys

ANALYSIS_SOURCE: KM

FAILURE_ID_HASH_STRING: km:x64_0x116_image_nvlddmkm.sys

FAILURE_ID_HASH: {1f9e0448-3238-5868-3678-c8e526bb1edc}

---------

3: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm
start end module name
fffff880`058ad000 fffff880`062e5000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Thu Apr 09 02:02:37 2015 (55259065)
CheckSum: 009F7AE7
ImageSize: 00A38000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/370921-random-bsod-while-playing-games-idling-monitor-display-shuts-off.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Turned on ym comp this morning and went to play a bit of Css and ive got artifacts all over the screen Here it's not jusat CSS it happens on all games but is fine on the desktop and other applications

Relevancy 39.56%

ive artifacts? heard that when u overclock ur gpu too much u get artifacts well im slowly overclocking my geforce i want to know what these artifacts actually are are they like black spots discoloration messed up textures or what i did overclock my from mhz to mhz and while playing counter-strike source i suddenly saw what appeared to be a rip in the sky it was a triangular discoloration in the sky but it was only on one area what i mean is that i could face away from it for example if it was to artifacts? the north i could look south and i wouldnt be able to see it but as soon as i looked north again it would be there the thing is that it was like this weird triangular rip that followed my field of view for about degrees as soon as i was facing more than degrees away from it it ws no longer there it freaked me out so i set my gpu to its defaults was that crazy rip in the sky one of those graphical artifacts i keep hearing about or was it just a weird texture error or game error and yes im an overclock noob nbsp

A:artifacts?

Well, if it didn;t appear in any other games and was just that one time, i would say it was just a texture problem. But if it is happening more regularly i would think so. Aftifacts tend to be like just the odd messed up pixel.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/artifacts.629794/
Relevancy 39.56%

First off I have a very dumb question and I feel extremly stupid for asking it but what are artifacts? I have been reading on newegg about people overclocking graphics card and getting artifacts. I know that it is some defect of something but I could you give me a little more details about them.

A:artifacts?

artifacts are any sort of anamoly not created by the software. If you start losing textures, or get odd lines across your screen or colors shift, these are concidered artifacts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/artifacts.31310/
Relevancy 39.56%

I ve read quite a few articles on here and on the net in general trying to figure this problem out Now I m just needing some clarification on my specific setup I have an eVGA GT that has started showing artifacts or outright freezing the computer during Fallout and Artifacts other intensive games It really started happening after installing Fallout Artifacts and now it seems to crash in other games more often My PSU is a Rosewill RX which states it has V rails at amps When I run SpeedFan or Everest I get these results Vcore V V V AVcc V I assume that is reading amps going to my graphics I ve tried both -pin connectors to make sure and both show the same value I ve monitored the temps while playing Fallout and with the fan at they never got over C which eliminates overheating I Artifacts ve uninstalled cleaned and reinstalled graphics drivers I ve underclocked the graphics both memory and core shader shader clock was linked to core clock So my questions are these Am I reading SpeedFan correctly If so does that mean my PSU is not pumping out what it says it should be If so is there a way to fix it or do I have to get a new one or RMA If so what would people recommend I have a RAIDMAX Volcano in another computer that I might be able to use if I can find my -pin connector Could there be any other reasons for the crashing and or artifacting As I am not above posts I cannot add links to my post so you will have to copy paste from below and add to newegg com to see the products I have eVGA GT - Product Product aspx Item N E Rosewill RX - Product Product aspx Item N E RAIDMAX Volcano - Product Product aspx Item N E nbsp

A:Artifacts

UOAlien,
"My PSU is a Rosewill RX950 which states it has 4 +12V rails at 20amps. When I run SpeedFan (or Everest) I get these results:
Vcore: 1.13V
+12V: 10.67V
AVcc: 3.31V
I assume that is reading 10.67 amps going to my graphics?"...

That 10.67V means volts not amps. Your 12 volt reading is low. Replace the Rosewill power supply ASAP!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/artifacts.115086/
Relevancy 39.13%

I ve hooked a quot Cinema HD Display to a PC running WinXP Home Edition with an eVGA GT KO video card This display as well as a secondary quot are hooked to it though this isn t the problem I ve unhooked the secondary display in order to see if that was causing the problem it isn t Either I have a bad video card or a bad monitor and I need help to figure out which The display is showing what I would call dead and flickering pixels around the edges of items on the screen that is say Apple dead Windows 30" pseudo Cinema HD Display pixels. PC with random the windows default XP Apple 30" Cinema HD Display with Windows PC pseudo random dead pixels. background whitish pixes Apple 30" Cinema HD Display with Windows PC pseudo random dead pixels. follow the Apple 30" Cinema HD Display with Windows PC pseudo random dead pixels. edges of the clouds and in some of the blue sky the grass etc Very very wierd I applied the latest driver from Nvidia rebooted and it seemed to go away until a reboot It returned Reapplied driver reboot it left again Had to reboot again a bit ago it came back This time reapplied driver rebooted and it was already back Can anyone say whether this is a bad monitor bad card or what The quot dead quot pixles don t come back until teh computer is rebooted but the ones that are quot dead quot also flicker too Or some of them do VERY weird Also resolution doesn t make any difference HELP I ve also asked this question on a Mac forum since the monitor is Apple THANKS nbsp

A:Apple 30" Cinema HD Display with Windows PC pseudo random dead pixels.

have you tried plugging the monitor into any other computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/apple-30-cinema-hd-display-with-windows-pc-pseudo-random-dead-pixels.571612/
Relevancy 38.7%

the last few days i ahve been getting these artifacts while playing some games. I've never had a problem like this before with my graphics card ( i think that's the problem)

i have been getting these types of artifacts (minecraft) - Pics

also similar artifacts in Company of Heroes

i didn't get any while playing Mafia 2 or Counter Strike Source.

A:card artifacts?

I'm not seeing what you are referring to as artifacts, then again I've always thought minecraft looked like digital noise to begin with. .
Generally they are a indication that the hardware is going bad, or that the memory has overheated at some point.

If they are caused by damage, the probably will more than likely get progressively worse.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/145350-card-artifacts.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi there all I am a professional editor Artifacts DVD's... Burning Getting and have started having some dvd burning problems I use Burning DVD's... Getting Artifacts Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden DVD-R discs I know it is not the discs because I can burn a variety of other projects with no problems I keep getting bad artifacts and pixelation on dvd s But it only seems to occur on projects that have a mixture of still pics and video I Burning DVD's... Getting Artifacts have options of burning discs my computer burner which is a Burning DVD's... Getting Artifacts sony and a JVC prof recorder After having the problems with the computer burner I decided to run the project into the hard drive of the JVC The playback looked great from the hard drive I then burned the project directly from the hard disc of the jvc to its dvd burner I still ended up with artifacts and pixelization This particular project is a hour long movie I have tried burning half ofthe project just to see what it looks like at the best transfer rate mbps but still seem to get artifacts Anyone have similar problems or fixes Thanks nbsp

A:Burning DVD's... Getting Artifacts

The reasons could be many, but you have failed to provide any real details as to your procedures/applications/sources.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-dvds-getting-artifacts.722879/
Relevancy 38.7%

hey guys i got this issue but i dunno what the problem is because when i play need for speed most wnated i dont get this issue but when i play fear combat i can play maybe somtimes for hours or maybe just 15 mins and i get these red artifacts and the pc just freezes at that point.

I got an gainward 8800gt 1gb but i had the same issue with a 8600gts i had before.
my spec ares as follows:

x2 5200
hiper 880w psu
msi k9n sli mobo
4gb ocz reaper x memory
2gb kingston memory
64bit vista

let me know if u need more info but im really confused why this is happening can anyone shed light on this.

A:Red artifacts Dunno Why!

Your 64-Bit Vista is probably contributing to this problem. If you are a gamer, why a64-bit Operating System?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/red-artifacts-dunno-why.98319/
Relevancy 38.7%

I'm getting artifacts on my computer. I just updated both the motherboard BIOS and the driver for the Graphics Card to try and fix this problem, but it didn't work. I increased the GPU Aperture in the BIOS from 64MB to 256MB but that did nothing. I'm still getting the artifacts and im not sure what the problem is. The BIOS update was version 1013 and the graphics card update was Catalyst 5.7.

ASUS A8V Motherboard
Sapphire X800 XT Platinum

The artifacts dont show up in games, but appear on the desktop. They are red vertical lines the appear in horizontal bands. There are a few blue clusters as well. Anyone know how to help with this? Could it possibly be insufficient cooling?

Thanks,
CoolerMaster

Relevancy 38.7%

BFG NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT/GTO

Been having issues with Graphics Artifacts in games, and windows. Been fine, but once I installed BF 2142 had tons of issues, crashing. After updating the driver no more crashing, but still having the graphics issues, stuff being drawn off the edge of the screen, and more graphics artifacts showing up. Really didn't have any issues till after I put BF 2142 on my system, everything that worked fine before is now messed up.

I've installed new drivers, ran mem test, temp watch on card, and made sure the card was in good.

Trying to figure out what to do next;

I'm thinking BF 2142 mucked up something so maybe a reformat.
Putting in one of those PCI fans.
Getting a new card.

Thanks for your help.

A:Graphics Artifacts

there are several issues that may be involved here. is your card Overclocked? Also, 2142 is still a new game out there so maybe they havent fixed all the bugs yet on your specific card as well as other cards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-artifacts.63421/
Relevancy 38.7%

So today i just bought a new gpu(R7 260x 2gb gddr5 oc) before i install it i removed the old nvidia drivers.After install it instead of showing my motherboard logo artifacts show up and at the bottom of the screen it says Press del to join bios like when the motherboard logo shows up.I have installed the new drivers(not from the cd) i have tried to remove the graphics card clean the connections and stuff but still the artifacts shows up.I installed my brother's gpu (amd saphire 6790) and everything works fine.I installed my r7 260x to my brothers pc and everything is working for him.No artifacts at all.He has a 500w coolermaster solid psu for 6 six years.
PC SPECS : Intel core 2 quad q6600 2.4Ghz (Overclocked 3.0Ghz)
Asus p5kpl/1600,ASUS r7 260x 2gb gddr5 oc,2x500gb western digital blue,Thermaltake litepower 600w black edition,4gb ram kingstone 800mhz.

A:Artifacts during boot

No clue what you mean by artifacts. Did it work before changing gpus?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/artifacts-during-boot.1141407/
Relevancy 38.7%

WoW tends to crash every now and then on my machine. Sometimes it displays error 132, sometimes it just quits to the desktop. Usually right before it crashes, lots of artifacts are shown on the screen. I know my card isn't overheating because while playing WoW it peaks out at 73 C.

I have spoken to other people who have the same problem and they suspect it might be a problem with memory on the card being full. One person was able to clear the artifacts by changing the video settings for multisampling, thus forcing the video card to redraw the screen. I have been able to successfully eliminate the artifacts by doing the same thing.

I have seen no such behavior in other games than WoW.

It should be noted that my video card is a 320MB 8800GTS.

A:Artifacts and Crashes in WoW

I'm actually getting a similar issue, seems to isolated to WoW. 8800 gts as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/artifacts-and-crashes-in-wow.90500/
Relevancy 38.7%

I have a ge force 285 gtx on my pc and ever since i purchased it i been noticing graphical artifacts and flickers in my in game graphics.Im currently using EVGA precision to speed up my fan to try and cool my video card and it helps some, but i still get the artifacts and even my game crashes still.Yesterday i was playing a rpg for awhile and it crashed to a black screen and i noticed my gpu temperature was off the charts when i checked EVGA.

I downloaded speedfan and here are some results.

Fan 1: 1740RPM GPU: 43c
Fan 2: 0 RPM CPU: 35c
Fan 3: 0 RPM local 38c
Fan 4 : 0 RPM Remote 2: 36c
Fan 1: 1158 RPM Temp 1: 103c ? ? ?
Fan 2: 1060 RPM Temp 2: 42c
Fan 3: 0 RPM Temp 3 18c
Fan 4: 0RPM Core 0: 38c
Fan 5: 0 RPM Core 1: 37c

What you guys think? Should i get my pc looked at?

A:Graphical artifacts

speedfan is not a good place to get your temp readings from, use something like HWMonitor. also make sure you have the latest video card drivers installed for you OS. you can find the latest drivers for you video card HERE. if the new drivers don't fix your problem then you should RMA the video with the Manufacturer which you might should have done when you first got this problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphical-artifacts.156820/
Relevancy 38.7%

The problem happens as follows I boot my computer after about - hours of it being off and the powerstrip being off and I'm greated with an GPU artifact-ed login page Artifacts boot on GPU Looks like this http imgur com a oGcT I noticed the problem about GPU Artifacts on boot weeks ago and uninstalled the programs that I had recently installed that may have effected it A steam game Nvida Physx and WinSCP None of that fixed it - however once I reboot my computer that problem does not exist anymore and even if I game for hours I get zero artifacts Originally I thought it was my front USB headers as when I unplugged my headset and rebooted it would fix it but now I'm GPU Artifacts on boot realizing that any reboot fixes it about of the time Here are my specs Operating System Windows Pro -bit CPU Intel Core i GHz C Ivy Bridge nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR - - - Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd B M-D H Intel Core i - CPU GHz C Graphics Acer H HL x Hz Acer H HL x Hz MB ATI AMD Radeon R Series Sapphire PCPartner C Hard Drives GB Patriot Pyro SE SSD C GB Seagate ST LM HN-M MBB SATA C Optical Drives ATAPI iHAS W Audio AMD High Definition Audio Device Today i'm reinstalling the GPU drivers so we'll see how that goes - but I don't have a good feeling about it Thanks for everyone's help

A:GPU Artifacts on boot

[pure guesswork]

Leftovers from the previous shutdown almost sound like the plug was pulled before the process was complete.
While you are updating check to be sure your BIOS is current.

Dck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565206/gpu-artifacts-on-boot/
Relevancy 38.7%

I was just enjoying a transatlantic flight in a 747 on my Flight Simulator when I was starting my descent from flight level, my graphics cards started tearing and artifacting out of their minds. Since they are both watercooled and haven't gotten over 55C ever I don't see it as a heat problem. Especially after I have read that these cards get over 100C on aircooled cases. I took each card out and tried them seperately and they worked fine. Put them both back in the case and they worked fine again for about 5 hours when the tearing started again, albeit nowhere near as badly as the first time. Have the 169.21 WHQL drivers installed (the latest and greatest) Any ideas?????

A:8800GTX SLI artifacts

The GPU is watercooled, however artifacts and tearing are generally caused by the video memory modules. These might be running too hot. Is your watercooled system cooling them as well?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/8800gtx-sli-artifacts.664064/
Relevancy 38.7%

I currently installed windows premium switching from Windows xp Everything seemed to be going on went through install did all the reboots I am using bit operating system as well The bios screen loads upon start up after that Flashing artifacts the Flashing artifacts screen switches to a bunch of colors with flashing symbols Symbols are smiley faces pretty much random all over the place I have tried reinstall many of times and I am not able to run in safe mode at all I was trying to cut my losses and switch back to xp but that is Flashing artifacts not able to happen either I have the bios set to boot from cd I am able to load the windows disc but when I put the xp disc in it is not able to load I verified xp disc does work by putting it in another computer and the disc loads just fine Its an E Machines T Using a ATI Radeon Graphics card with a AMD Processor Any help would be great pic PS the picture attached is from another user I was Flashing artifacts able to find off the net I was not able to get any help from that post but I am seeing exactly as the picture indicates

A:Flashing artifacts

Please complete your system specifications in the user control panel area.

Without that information nobody will really be able to assist you.

Presumably you used the W7 Upgrade Advisor and didn't upgrade from within XP?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/206096-flashing-artifacts.html
Relevancy 38.7%

So here s what has happened I left my computer on went away for a while and returned After about an hour or so there started to be some artifacts following my mouse around They were black and vertical getting help? Computer artifacts, any I thought it was something I was accidentally trying to drag from Computer getting artifacts, any help? a website so I clicked the left mouse button A minute later of trying to get rid of it the computer kind of crashed not completely but the screen just went completely black I had iTunes up at the time that the screen went black so my music was still playing I had no idea what happened I thought it was randomly going to sleep but I moved my mouse and it seemed like the screen was attempting to go back to normal It kept on doing this for a good minute until I decided to turn it off via button I thought the problem would go away when I restarted it so I did After I turned it on it showed the Dell startup screen but it had lines going down the screen vertically There was either three or for lines each in a segment each separated by a space It went to the coding screen I don t know what they call it the screen with all the lettering and numbering and stuff like that and then it went to the windows screen and it had the same blue lines Once the Windows screen loaded up it cut to black for a few seconds then showed the same lines The lines were then distorted making the lines look like a checkered pattern The screen then turned to black and the monitor said it was going to sleep mode or energy conservation mode I turned it off I figured it would take a simple fix as going into safe mode and unistalling the video driver Nvidia Geforce LE and installing it again so I did and restarted the computer Same problem happened with the lines Then I went into safe mode and uninstalled it and reinstalled it again Same problem happened so I go into safe mode again and just uninstall it and login regularly I restarted the computer and it has the lines still on the screen but it successfully started up and went into the login screen I logged in and everything worked fine besides the fact I couldn t play any games I went to the nvidia website and downloaded the driver from there I installed it from there and updated it I restarted the computer as it prompted me to if I wanted the changes to take affect so I did and the same problem happened The lines appeared and it wouldn t boot up it would just power on and power off The monitor so I decide to just leave the driver uninstalled So now I m here driver-less and with the choppy scrolling which I don t like I went to yahoo Answers to see if anyone can shed light on my problem and people were saying it was the card and that I should get a new one since artifacts were showing up like crazy One person mentioned the card was essentially broken and that I should get a new one Should I do like they say and get a new one It seems like one of the only options that I can take I am running a Dell XPS nbsp

A:Computer getting artifacts, any help?

Does the Dell have on-board video or a separate video card? On-board video means that the video chip is built into the motherboard and can't be removed, and separate means that the video card is removable from the motherboard and computer. We know the video is Nvidia, but it still can be either on-board or separate

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-getting-artifacts-any-help.166818/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello im new to this so let me tell what is wrong if you know and artifacts BSOD other the program called Steam then you know that it provides games and such so the problem is that when i play Bad company and or when im updating that particular game i get bsod and when im in gmae game suddenly crashes to desktop - no errors i launch game again and it misses mb of game files Many of bsod i get not much the bs contain word such as Ntfs sys so my first guess was that my hdd failing so i got brand new hdd i installed Windows bit downloaded steam and bad company and still got that bsod in minutes of BSOD and other artifacts gameplay Things that i have done to my pc hardware checked ram changed ram bought new tram x gb ddr changed mobo to asus p ke wifi changed hdd to segate sata mb rpm changed video card to gtx changed psu to xsilence w now only thing that needs to be changed is cpu but i rather BSOD and other artifacts buy a new pc than upgrade this one so i ask you for help My pc specs Windows x Windows none Full version from retailer - years - months CPU e ghz Video Card gtx MotherBoard Asus P Ke wifi Power Supply - Xsilence w I did the performance monitor and BSOD Windows Vista v jcgriff thing its all in the echo rar

A:BSOD and other artifacts

omg when i created this post i didnt realised that today will be the day when my pc died :( well pc isnt dead yet but i had like 5 bsod :( last one said win32k.sys and those random 0x000000 numbers...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-and-other-artifacts-570039.html
Relevancy 38.7%

So I upgraded my video card, and noticed I would sometimes get audio artifacts (clicking or popping).
I figured maybe my PSU was being overtaxed with the increase in power consumption, when I was streaming video for example or playing a game.
However, once the power supply was replaced with a much higher wattage (900W) one with plenty of Amps on the 12v rail (77A) it persisted and actually seemed to happen almost at all times.

I removed the video card, and it stopped completely. I know that PCI devices can sometimes interfere with each other, I'm just a little fuzzy on the details of how so. Could it be my outdated CPU (which I have a replacement for on the way)?

This is the rig I have listed on my profile, for complete hardware list.
Using onboard audio, the video card is a radeon hd 6870, the onboard video is radeon hd 4200. MB is MSI 785GT-E63.

A:Audio artifacts

Ok, never mind it started happening again after a while. Then I updated my video and audio drivers, after which it stopped again... for a while, but still came back. Stumped as to what the problem could possibly be. Seems like periods of high cpu usage cause it maybe. This problem is independent of output device, whether it be through my monitor speakers, my desktop speakers, or even headphones.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-artifacts.1104539/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi for about a year now I ve been having the same problem which is mainly when I play games I get flickery Graphic artifacts textures and coloured dots appearing on the screen then getting worse and ultimatley crashing my computer Recently however I have been getting various similar problems on my desktop aswell Coloured dots appear sometimes when I move windows around the screen and sometimes when I do this the monitor blacks out and Graphic artifacts shakes for a second as if I had pressed the degauss button Programs like media player with visualisations or effects tend to produce Graphic artifacts more artifacts Also occasionally in my web browser and other programmes with text this includes menus in my games etc the text gets distorted however if i highlight the text the distortion goes away The first artifacts that I notice in games are usually corrupt text graphics Recently the artifacts were getting so bad that I could barely use my computer However I decided to switch the ram into different slots and this seemed to eliminate the artifacts After a while though they returned Here are my specs inno d Nvidia GT mb AMD athlon xp ASUS a v x-x mobo mb ddr ram sticks audigy zs sound card I should mention that my card is not overheating neither is my processor and that all the correct drivers are installed I have also formatted several times but the problem persists nbsp

A:Graphic artifacts

Its most likely not enough power going to the card. Try a different power connector to the card from your PSU. Try reseating your vid card.

Download Speedfan or Everest Home, navigate to the sensors page and post us a report on it. Temps, volts etc. Then tell us the model, watt rating and the little chart of the rails etc from the sticker on the side of your PSU.

Do you remember of any enviromental changes? hardware/software or power surges etc? any other info?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphic-artifacts.54038/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello all Hoping someone can help confirm a few things This morning i go to my desktop computer which was in sleep mode as always click the mouse to bring it back to life and then i notice it's taking a bit longer than normal Screen flashes black i see the desktop then BANG BSOD managed to catch a glimsp of the BSOD It refers to nvldkkm sys It's a Nvidia GF GS Had it running for about BSODS! Artifacts and years now and no issues The thing is i've Artifacts and BSODS! removed the drivers and defaulted to windows generic All done via safemode So i know the drivers that MAY have caused the BSOD are no longer there The problem persists so i enter Widows via safemode again All over the screen during safemode were artifacts sometimes alot they come they go etc So i reboot and select normal windows startup it gets just to desktop then artifacts return and BAM either the PC reboots or it hangs seeminly dead I decide to rule out of course to do a Memory test In fact it is running now The thing is i'm still getting a whole bunch of artifacts and now occasionally the entire screen flickers too The memory test it still running without any interference So my question Does windows invoke the drivers be them generic ones of the graphic card while conducting the Mem Test My head says no as the Mem Test starts before the drivers are loaded and that my GC is probably about to bottom out On the plus side this is the first ever BSOD with Windows after having used it since Beta Thanks for any help provided Tom

A:Artifacts and BSODS!

Artifacts usually a sign of overheating GPU and or GPU damage.

Take the side of the case see if there is a lot of dust and check for heat coming from the GFX-Card!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/139371-artifacts-bsods.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi artifacts Graphics I recently reformatted and installed windows vista ultimate My spec is as follows Graphics artifacts AMD Athlon ATI Graphics artifacts Radeon XT -or- x RAM GB HDD I made sure to install the Radeon driver off the ATI site for Vista however it reported an error at the end of the installation I get these ridiculous lines that gradually draw themselves all over my screen making text and other things un-readable whether I m using Aero or not image below I used to get this whenever I did a fresh install of XP on this very same machine but all I had to do was install ATI s XP drivers and it would stop drawing the weird artifacts I also went to the extent of swapping the XT with a regular This just made it worse With both cards I have made sure to uninstall the drivers and re-install them With the changing the resolution to x gets rid of the artifacts The XT remains to a lesser extent covered in artifacts no matter the resolution or aero regular I have tried each card with Vista drivers got the annoying lines everywhere then tried the XP drivers and got the same bad result It doesn t give me a proper Catalyst control center either instead I have a basic one which only does things that windows can do anyway nbsp

Relevancy 38.7%

What started of as only artifacts on CS:GO is starting to turn into artifacts on other games as well. Mainly BF3, World of tanks. I also get "DirectX function :GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG: Device ung due to badly formed commands ..GPU "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 ",Driver 33523." while playing BF3.
I however do not get any artifacts while playing games like League of legends or Civ 5

A:GTX 660, Artifacts while playing CS:GO

firstly update your nvidia driver to the latest version, or roll back if youve recently upgraded it.

secondly do a ram test, artifacts in games is a classic sign of dying ram.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/331618-gtx-660-artifacts-while-playing-cs-go.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Firstly I apologize Artifacts Graphical for being one of those guys who makes an account and their first post is them begging for help but I ve heard very good things about this site and i ve been in need of help and unable to find Graphical Artifacts a place to get it The main problem is artifacts on my screen but there s some back story to this For a while whenever I was gaming no matter what game after so long my PC would lock up entirely I monitored my temps to make sure they weren t the cause and under a full load they were in the degrees area no higher than I decided that it wasn t likely a temperature problem so I decided that the next likely culprit was my RAM I ran a few passes on memtest and the PC eventually locked up I thought quot yay finally figured it out quot When I restarted the PC after the memtest I had green dots and lines everywhere even on POST and in BIOS The video Graphical Artifacts card I was using is a XFX HD The amount of artifacts that were there were uncountable I mean there were tons I since took the PCI-E video card out and am using on-board video the thing is that I still get some artifacts normally on only dark colors and only a few blinking green dots so nothing terrible but they re still there I m truly at a loss here I have no idea where to lay blame to the issue now The only thing I can come up with is a faulty motherboard but I d hate to try to send it back if I can t find at least a reason as to why it would be doing this Thanks in advance Eric EDIT I should also point out that I m using Windows x but the freezing and artifacts occur no matter the OS EDIT I keep thinking of things to add sorry I ve tried multiple different driver versions for both the on-board and PCI-E card nothing helps I ve also re-seated the PCI-E and RAM after a thorough alcohol rub-down I did get the same exact artifacts once before probably a month ago but a restart fixed it not sure if that ll be of any use EDIT This is getting interesting I did some more reading and decided to try some other option I had with my PCI-E card What I did was switch out one of the pin power connectors I put the HD in the PC powered on posted no artifacts starts up seems fine except I notice a very small amount of them even less than with the on-board video I m running CPU-Z and GPU-Z in the background on a separate monitor to check my temps at all times I then played World of Warcraft and sure enough after about mins- hour of game play the PC locked up I m starting to think my video card isn t the culprit here but that would leave me with either my motherboard or RAM neither of which i ve ever heard could cause artifacts Sorry for the wall of text guys nbsp

Relevancy 38.7%

Hi Seven Forums I bought a new computer and experienced BSODs instantly as per the great advice from arc in the BSOD AMD Artifacts RHD7800 section here New Custom Build Fresh Win install BSOD issues ntoskrnl win k I diagnosed a faulty RAM stick and a motherboard error Two AMD RHD7800 Artifacts and a half months later and the board has finally been RMA'ed and returned I am now experiencing visual artifacts on both monitors more severely on the primary monitor When I drag a window across the corresponding section of the secondary monitor it draws a trail of the window AMD RHD7800 Artifacts but then disappears on the primary monitor it just stays there I include a screenshot of what I mean which includes my speccy graphics overview tab Temps seem fine previously as part of troubleshooting the BSODs before I RMA'ed the board I ran furmark and found no problems My CCC is the newest version What tests other than furmark can I run Could this be anything other than a fault with the graphics AMD RHD7800 Artifacts card

A:AMD RHD7800 Artifacts

Try doing a clean install of the latest drivers from amd AMD Catalyst 14.2 Beta Driver for Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/324263-amd-rhd7800-artifacts.html
Relevancy 38.7%

In recent weeks I have started experiencing video artifacts which cover and obscure information on the screen on my monitor making my computer virtually unusable I have tried everything that I can think of to correct the problem but without success My computer is a Dell Dimension and originally came with an nVidia GeForce Not artifacts Video long after purchasing and receiving the computer I replaced the GeForce with an nVidia GeForce Ultra and that is now the current configuration I have since tried reinstalling the oridingal but was again unsuccessful and the problem persists I Video artifacts have also now replaced the dynamic RAM with GB or new memory but Video artifacts nothing has changed I have also tried reinstalling the drivers for each Even though Microsoft ceased supporting Windows XP I have continued to use XP as my primary OS When MS announced that it would no long support XP I purchased and installed Windows but found that much of my expensive software which was purchased to run on Win XP would neither install or run on Win BTW the video artifact problem exists when running either Win or Win XP Any help with correcting this problem would be greatly appreciated

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19708948
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello and thank you for entertaining my problem.
Computer details:
The case is a Mesh I replaced the original internals, quite a while ago with the following.
Up rated PSU
Mother Board: MSI K9 Diamond 590 SLI DDR2 motherboard
Processor: AMD 6000+3ghz
Simms: 4GB DDR2 SD Ram
Graphics card: Sapphire ATI Radeon X800GTO 256MB PCIe
&
Graphics card: HIS Radeon X850XT IceQ II 256MB DDR3 PCIe
All the above worked fine for several years. Then, suddenly, artifacts appeared on the monitor, every thing else, still works as normal. I was running Windows XP at the time. Following this I removed and replaced the simms memory, Swapped the video cards, they were never run in tandem. I also tried changing the operating system, to no effect. The monitor is fine, not displaying problems with another computer. All cooling fans are turning.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/artifacts-on-pc-monitor.1155787/
Relevancy 38.7%

I have a Microtek i flatbed scanner I am having difficulties with the quality of my scans So far I have done the following in attempts to Scanner Artifacts make a fix Cleaned the scanner and glass as per Microtek instructions Tested - no change Checked lamps to be sure they were ok per Microtek Downloaded every current file Microtek offers for Scanner Artifacts the scanner and installed them Tested - no change Used newest software to create a quot profile quot - This took Scanner Artifacts several tries until I got it right Tested - no change Negatives and slides seem to be ok They are placed in trays and inserted into the bottom of the scanner The artifacts appear when photos are done from the top of the scanner on the glass surface Paper items seem to scan fine but I think it just might be because their light background obscures the artifacts The artifacts seem to be a fine light or silvery dust stuff Heaviest at the top Scanner Artifacts and bottom of the preview scan when the scan is performed it is everywhere The lower the resolution I use the less artifacts appear - but vintage photos need high resolution in order to perform the delicate editing which returns them to quot like new quot appearance The more I scan the greater the density of the artifacts Attachment shows the effect Sure would appreciate a solution I have a l o t of scanning left to do Thanks Jade Dragon nbsp

A:Scanner Artifacts

Without seeing the original I can't make a comparison, but that looks just like the brightness is turned up too much on the image. I really don't have any suggestion how to fix it if just altering the brightness in something like photoshop doesn't fix it. Perhaps this is a common problem and someone else will know, I've never had issues with scanners.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/scanner-artifacts.134834/
Relevancy 38.7%

I ve developed the I Artifacts monitor--anything do? can on problem where my one monitor will generate colored lines on the right of the monitor They will start as small horizontal flickers then end up as persistent vertical lines They will come and go seemingly at Artifacts on monitor--anything I can do? random Here is Artifacts on monitor--anything I can do? the picture of my setup with the artifacts in mid-development Picture - I have two monitors a Dell FP and Dell E WFP This problem only occurs on the FP - I have tried changing and reversing the DVI cables to no avail as well as using a different input and computer so it s definitely the monitor - Turning the monitor off and on doesn t help but if I turn it off for a while it always comes back on full Unfortunately my original purchase is just OVER years old actually only received this monitor about years ago after the previous one was defective Dell will not provide phone support without me paying in advance with no guarantee of a resolution which is obviously doubtful at this point Does anyone have any recommendations to try to salvage this monitor I d very much appreciate it nbsp

A:Artifacts on monitor--anything I can do?

If Dell doesn't want to play, I don't think there's much you can do besides replace it and take it to a recycling center.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/artifacts-on-monitor-anything-i-can-do.847587/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello, i'm getting really bad artifacts in directx games but not in opengl games.
In doom 3 i havn't seen a single artifact yet, but in farcry and any other games that use direct3d im getting them.

Heres a couple Screenshots of farcry

http://www3.telus.net/bend3r/stuff/FarCrya1.jpg

http://www3.telus.net/bend3r/stuff/FarCrya2.jpg

ive tryed the 4.6 -4.9bata catalyst drivers and i have the newest chipset drivers and all my windowsxp updates. ive tryed out dx9.0c. I can get most of the artifacts to go away by underclocking my video ram but it seems kind of weird that with my vram at stock settings i can play d3 artifact free.

does any buddy know any other things i can try?

Thanks, Bender

Relevancy 38.7%

I'm looking for a way to get rid of artifacts left behind by deleted and uninstalled apps. things like reg entries, dll's, and other leftover crap. is there an app, preferably a free one, that can scan for things like that? if not, then whats the best way to search myself.

A:how can I get rid of program artifacts

Try MyUninstaller: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/myuninst.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-i-get-rid-of-program-artifacts.428651/
Relevancy 38.7%

Got this problem, just started, allows me just enough time to get into my bios to check on system before computer locks. My voltage is 11.77, EVGA tech support said that this card needs between 11.9 to 12.2 voltage to run.

Because only 11.77 volts with no load the tech support thought it might be the power supply. I would probably agree there. I can try to switch out to another power supply but not going to be easy.

What do you think, feedback appreciated.

A:Artifacts 30s after turning on...???

Have a multimeter? If so might want to check the voltages as software readings (including the one in the bios) are not the best. If so here is how to test,

Testing Your Power Supply With a Multimeter - Tech Support Forum

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/98410-artifacts-30s-after-turning.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Default Graphics Artifacts Hi guys I ve been having this problem for almost a year now it s driving me absolutely crazy All games I try to play Artifacts Graphics have huge amounts of textures artifacting all over the screen I ve tried several Graphics Artifacts things to fix it To start with I thought maybe my PSU wasn t powerful enough to support my video card at the time Radeon X AGP so I purchased a new Power Supply and case The power Graphics Artifacts supply didn t fix the problem so I decided my video card must be damaged I ve spent a long time saving for a card and finally today got a Radeon PCI-E much to my dismay I m still experiencing artifacts I read that it could possibly be my RAM x gb Generic Kingston DDR so I ran a RAM test recommended by another site my RAM passed the test without any errors My case is a Soprano DX with stock cooling but I experienced the same artifacts in my previous case also My CPU is just one of the lower Intel Dual Cores an E I think it was I ve come to the conclusion that it must be either my motherboard or my PSU still as the PSU is only a budget one and I m not sure if it s powerful enough it s specs are - Brand Shaw w v a v a v a - v a - v a vsb a My motherboard is a Asrock CoreDual-VSTA I got it because at the time I needed AGP and planned to upgrade to PCI-E I m not even sure if it s possible for a motherboard to cause artifacts especially since I was originally using the AGP port and now it s the PCI-E It might also be worth noting that I m running IDE hard drives at the moment if that makes any difference I d really like to be sure of what s causing the problem as I can t afford to keep replacing parts till I find the problem any advice you guys could give would be hugely appreciated Regards Kamma EDIT After testing a few games it seems that the artifacts are actually worse with the new card Does this suggest that it s more likely to be the power supply Given that the new card needs more power nbsp

A:Graphics Artifacts

If the problem didn't go away when you had a new PSU with the old card, than it isn't the PSU. Have you tried all of your configuration on a different motherboard to weed out the mobo from the to-do list? And about the PSU and the card, it's enough wattage but the amperage on teh +12v rail is appalling, weak 12v rails will shorten a video card like this's life(Although it might not be necessarily the cause of the current problem). You should've bought a good PSU from Antec, Enermax, or Corsair with a combined +12v rating of ~35a or more. But for the problem at the moment lets weed out the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-artifacts.110008/
Relevancy 38.7%

the last few days i have been getting these artifacts while playing some games. I've never had a problem like this before with my graphics card ( i think that's the problem)

i have been getting these types of artifacts (minecraft) (the black and red lines --> ) - http://imgur.com/a/NqOcQ

also similar artifacts in Company of Heroes

i didn't get any while playing Mafia 2 or Counter Strike Source though

i have never changed any clock speeds on my gfx card. on occasion i will turn up the fan speed by 20% manually (stays at 40% ALWAYS on auto)

Relevancy 38.7%

is anyone getting these artifacts?
i got it after quitting COD:WAW.. also the slideshow was on... when i turned it off and used a single wallpaper the artifacts were gone.

A:Desktop Artifacts

Try an update to your graphics driver.
If it's only after quitting COD it might be specific and not be that of a problem.

If it keeps happening though, this might be a hardware issue.Look for overheated graphics card or replace if it goes on.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/2486-desktop-artifacts.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi all,
I recently bought a xpert vision 6600gt 128mb and for the first day it was fine, the next after ten minutes or so i started to get weird things happeing to characters on css and blocks were missing out of them, im pretty sure its over heating but more importantly do you know what item would cool it down, 6600's are renowned for their boiling ability and to be honest i just want to sort it out, games are spoilt after 5 or so minutes
thanks
p4 3ghz 1gb 128mb 6600gt 400psu hp t250uk

A:6600gt artifacts

Can you return it? Does it have a thermal sensor that reports temperature? What's the temperature in your case? It could just be a bad card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/6600gt-artifacts.43821/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi I was directed here by a freind who said this was a good place to get help I've been looking around for similar problems and Artifacts BSODs but I'm struggling to find one that really fits At first the problem started maybe weeks ago Artifacts and BSODs I'd leave a game returning to the win desktop to find checkerboard artifact patterns over some titlebars or certain parts of windows Since this started I have also had some BSODs in-game and when running either Furmark to stress the GPU or ATI Tool to scan for artifacts These are usually preceded by a black or white screen with thin vertical Artifacts and BSODs lines in the opposite colour These seem to only occur when the pc has been running for a while After a fresh boot its quite robust and sits through the stress tests happily Doing the same stress tests after a couple of hours of normal use usually causes problems though same goes for games As I need the pc for D CAD design for extended periods this isn't ideal especially as its getting worse OS -Windows x Pro original OS Win home premium full retail version Age of system months OS upgraded via instant upgrade months ago from home premium to pro CPU AMD Phenom II be Video Card HIS Radeon HD MotherBoard Gigabyte FXTA-UD Power Supply - OCZ W If there's anything I've missed just ask I will try to provide any info I can Many thanks in advance any help is greatly appreciated

A:Artifacts and BSODs

Sounds like a overheating issue. Fans need to be at the recommended rpms [just turning doesn't count]. How hot is the air coming out of the power supply when you put your hand back there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/artifacts-and-bsods-530681.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I'm putting this in this forum because I'm fairly certain it's a monitor and not a graphics card issue I have a dual monitor setup One of them is a quot Eizo M that is - years old The other one is of only Artifacts monitors 2 1 on a quot Artifacts on only 1 of 2 monitors LG HDTV whose exact model currently escapes me Recently I've started getting artifacts on the old monitor They only appear on that one never on the TV and they cover the entire screen Also when they disappear Artifacts on only 1 of 2 monitors they disappear completely without a trace There's never a middle ground it's either the entire thing or nothing as if a filter or something is applied to the image Sometimes they come and go at a flickering-like pace The monitor's temperature or running time seems to be irrelevant as I can go for entire days without them showing up only to get them again next morning minutes after I turn the PC on My GeForce GTX is almost always idling at - C when it happens What gives Is it the monitor The DVI cable Is it even possible for one of the DVI ports on the card to go quot bad quot

A:Artifacts on only 1 of 2 monitors

What happens if you swap the monitors on the 460 GTX outputs?
Are the artifacts still on the same monitor?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/260307-artifacts-only-1-2-monitors.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello, sorry for disturbing you all but I'm having an issue with my computer.
I were playing Minecraft when my PC suddenly had massive artifacts, to the point nothing could be seen, shortly afterwards the PC got a bluescreen and turned off. When it automatically restarted, the artifacts were still there but you can still semi read things. It crashes upon normal startup, I'm able to do almost everything in safe mode. I don't know why this happened either.
After a few restarts, I managed to start the PC without any artifacts at all but upon starting a game it instantly crashed. Ever since it's been artifacts and safe mode only. I'm posting this just before trying to install a new driver and see if it changes anything.

Relevancy 38.7%

For some reason, I OCed my HD 5770's gpu clock from 850 mhz to 940 mhz. I benchmark with 3Dmark Vantage and I saw no artifacts. This worries me and the highest I can OC the gpu clock is 960 mhz and what if I still don't see any artifacts at speed?

A:No artifacts when overclocking

Using a proper stress testing app like Kombustor or Furmark will show what Vantage fails to uncover in regards to artifacts.

Vantage is okay, but not as a definitive stress tester. However Vantage is still useful in other ways.

With Vanatge - pay attention to the FPS counter in each test.

Since obviously a higher clock will give you a higher 'max' FPS, it's the 'average, or sustained FPS' that will give you an indication whether the higher clock speed is actually improving, or hurting overall performance.

When a clock is stable @ the current voltage, there are certain sections you will notice that the 'average' FPS doesn't really move that much and that is a good thing.

There is a point when you up the clock speed where the framerate will start to vacillate (the FPS will continually drop and rise), which is a bad thing.

When that starts to occur, it's actually hurting the overall performance since your minimum framerates in real world games will drop further and drag your overall average FPS down.

Kombustor will show the same thing when testing. A sustained FPS is better than a vacillating one.

If you see zero artificats, but notice the dipping frames - you can either back the clock down or increase the voltage.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/96363-no-artifacts-when-overclocking.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Sometimes fingernail-sized parts of my screen flicker. Are these called artifacts?

They smooth out when I drag the mouse pointer over them.

My drivers are as new as can be.

A:artifacts? screen flicker...

Sounds like a driver problem.
Did you download the driver from Win update or the manufacturer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/7323-artifacts-screen-flicker.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi all I just purchased a BenQ quot widescreen LCD I m using the DVI connection to my BFG GT I wanted to test it on same games Quake ran pretty good but I did get frozen screen for about seconds Oblivion also had some artifacts and glitches at the highest res not sure of all the settings HL had some major glitches during the new game artifacts widescreen, New and flickering opening video and I had to shut that down again I m not sure New widescreen, flickering and artifacts of the settings but they were probably maxed I was previously using a quot x res now I m using x The screen kept going black for a second then returning Even after quitting HL the flashing continued and I restarted Everything looks fine during normal windows operation videos photoshop etc Civ IV ran fine as well set to the highest settings It was also hot in my apt the GPU temp New widescreen, flickering and artifacts was C at idle C under load My question is whether or not one GT will run these games at x Hz at high settings I haven New widescreen, flickering and artifacts t tried turning things down yet I ll try tonight when I get home If this card is not powerful enough what can I do to eliminate the artifacts and flickering what do you think is the best compromise Lower the resolution Turn off AA or Dynamic lighting Do you think the C temp is a problem Just looking for your advice Thanks John nbsp

A:New widescreen, flickering and artifacts

Card too hot?

Hello again,
After using the monitor for a few days, I think that the problem is due to the video card getting too hot. The card is now idling at about 50C. When I play HL2 for about 5 minutes it gets up to 61/62C and then I start seeing artifacts and major stuttering. Settings are mostly on medium, including AA and AF. These temps wouldn't cause problems on my 17" at 1024x768 even at high settings...do you think that moving to 20" 1680x1050 made that much of a difference?

John

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-widescreen-flickering-and-artifacts.54451/
Relevancy 38.27%

Having built computers for quite some time now this and shut-downs Artifacts is by far the oddest problem I ve run into and of course I ve encountered it on my main expensive home system I came home from school one day to find my computer woudn t load past a certain spot after the windows loading screen I would get a full black screen with just the cursor which I could move I found the same deal when I loaded my computer in safe mode I wasn t sure whether the problem was hardware or software so I put in my Windows CD and repaired my Windows installation This allowed me to have a functioning windows But that wasn t the total fix some problems remained The Symptoms I had other problems before that that are leaving me puzzled Even before I got to the point where Windows wouldn t load in WoW and other games like Oblivion I Artifacts and shut-downs had been experiencing graphical problems like artifacts and tearing and even having the whole game world in Oblivion go black and just the menus remain This led me to believe it was some sort of software issue such as drivers but I had graphical errors and artifacts even in the Windows loading screen itself which led me to believe it was my graphics card I even updated my video card and directx drivers and no dice I put in another hard drive and got the same errors on the DOS menus That wasn t just it I ve also had my computer randomly shut itself down a few times leading me to believe it could also be a power supply issue and the artifacts are a result of my power hungry geforce GT not getting enough juice But the fact that the artifacts appear even when first starting my system up after a night of being powered down tells me the problem is elsewhere I m seeing graphical irregularities even in the DOS menu like some words are purple instead of white Some words are even misspelled quot Memory controller quot has become quot Memory cojnoller quot or some variant Examples This is a triangle poking out of ground in World of Warcraft http img imageshack us img trianglerg jpg Desktop example When I drag a Window around sometimes there is a dot that leaves a trail I tried to spell out quot LOL quot What you can t see as a result of the lowered picture quality are one pixel green dots that litter the screen randomly Mostly they stay in one place and oddly they disappear whenever something on the screen is white and re-appear when something on the screen is dark http img imageshack us img compprobgg jpg Possible Causes -Software Unlikely as if this was a software problem I wouldn t be seeing graphical irregularities and such in the DOS menu -Memory Possibility -Hard drive Possible but unlikely I put in another hard drive which loaded to a blue screen of death due to most likely being a bad hard drive and still saw the graphical errors -Overheating Possible but not likely The problems remain even -Power supply Possibility -Video card Possibility I m sensing that it may be a memory or video card issue at this point in time nbsp

Relevancy 38.27%

It was fine a while ago but I ve come back after a month and this is pretty bad I problems, (GTX 560 Ti) Driver artifacts tried Crysis there was something wrong with the game Driver problems, artifacts (GTX 560 Ti) a gray line coming Driver problems, artifacts (GTX 560 Ti) out of the hands This was after TF completely locked up the entire computer after about half an hour I tried uninstalling the drivers and had the exe on the desktop I restarted the computer and in safe mode half of my icons were missing including the driver exe I tried running different drivers from folders and off a flash drive every single install failed I restarted the computer and it booted normally to the desktop as if the drivers were still installed It seemed fine aside from Firefox locking up the entire computer But I don t know what happened and when I tried Mass Effect there were blinking black squares everywhere The GPU temp is low idle and maybe when in a game DX Diag and Device Manager say driver version is not sure what that means Presumably as that s what the Mass Effect launcher said Should I try updating my drivers I don t know seeing as how incredibly badly that went the last time I need to figure out what went wrong Asus P G T M LX Corsair XMS GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC EVGA Geforce GTX Ti mb These are the updated specs it s a mix of year old parts and some pretty new parts but it s been running fine for about months until now nbsp

A:Driver problems, artifacts (GTX 560 Ti)

snacks said:

It was fine a while ago, but I've come back after a month and this is pretty bad. I tried Crysis 2, there was something wrong with the game (a gray line coming out of the hands). This was after TF2 completely locked up the entire computer after about half an hour. I tried uninstalling the drivers and had the exe on the desktop. I restarted the computer and in safe mode, half of my icons were missing, including the driver exe. I tried running different drivers from folders and off a flash drive, every single install failed. I restarted the computer, and it booted normally to the desktop as if the drivers were still installed. It seemed fine, aside from Firefox locking up the entire computer. But I don't know what happened, and when I tried Mass Effect, there were blinking black squares everywhere.

The GPU temp is low, 30 idle and maybe 60 when in a game. DX Diag and Device Manager say driver version is 6.14.0012.7533, not sure what that means. Presumably 275.33, as that's what the Mass Effect launcher said. Should I try updating my drivers? I don't know, seeing as how incredibly badly that went the last time. I need to figure out what went wrong.

Asus P5G41T M LX
Corsair XMS 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 PC3 12800
EVGA Geforce GTX 560 Ti 1024mb

These are the updated specs, it's a mix of 3 year old parts and some pretty new parts, but it's been running fine for about 5 months until now.Click to expand...

Head over to nvidia.com and get the latest drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/driver-problems-artifacts-gtx-560-ti.173720/
Relevancy 38.27%

Two days ago small dots and lines were appearing on my screen. I swapped my LCD monitor with another CRT monitor and they both share the problem, so i doubt it is the monitor.

Today when i turned on my computer i had much thicker and longer lines/artifacts that go down the length of the screen. When I open a game such as WoW, the artifacts get much more frequent and violent.

Ive tried changing resolution, refresh rates, drivers, reinstalling DX9, opening and cleaning my computer, reinserting video card with a different power cable, disabling fastwrite in display properties....

Im running out of things to do! Its a unusual problem because ive had this computer since last November and this is the first time these artifacts/lines are appearing. They appear even in the BIOS and windows loading screen, although its not as severe.

Please help!

Relevancy 38.27%

Hello all I left my computer on last night and when I woke up there were artifacts on the screen I immediately turned off my computer as I know this usually means an overheated GPU After letting it rest Artifacts problem Solved: for several hours I turned it back on and still received the artifacts I tried quot underclocking quot the card and that still did no good My motherboard has internal graphics so I figured that I d just use the internal graphics until I buy a new card However I m still getting the Solved: Artifacts problem artifacts with the graphics card removed and only using internal graphics I know it is not any type of monitor burn-in as there are no artifacts when using it with anything else Can anyone think of what s going on I don t mind buying a new graphics card if it s required however I don t want to end up buying one and the problem be in something else System Specs ATI Radeon HD AMD Phenom II X ASUS M A -CM BG DDR OCZ Windows Ultimate Also the artifacts are shown on the boot screen BIOS as well as within Windows and the Login Screen nbsp

Relevancy 38.27%

I recently ripped the analogue screen cord out of my tower when the computer and screen were still running. Upon next start-up bad screen artefacts and screen flickering occurred. I have investigated heat issues, but I don't think that's the problem as it occurs form start-up. It sometimes goes away then comes straight back again as soon as I move the mouse. I also have the latest driver and catalyst control centre installed. Will I need a new video card?. If anyone has any idea on what I can do to fix this problem it would be great.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-9800-bad-screen-artifacts.89000/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello there This is my first post however i have been searching the forums for weeks now for an answer for my graphics issue If this is the wrong area i appologize please move me to where ever i need to be haha I m not the best with computers so i will do my best to post all i have know about this issue Here is my spec as far as i understand it to be Its a Dell XPS Freezing/Artifacts/Gunashoothisthing w some upgraded memory and a new vid card more on this later The system is approx yrs old ACPi x -based PC Intel R Core TM CPU GHz GHz NVIDIA Geforce GTX system came with a GTS ST AS SCSI Disk Device i assume this is my hard drive GB RAM x gb GB Rx PC U- - MHz Two of these are the stock quot hynix quot brand and two of these are Kingston upgrades that i ordered from dell Windows Vista Home Premium -bit The stock components are listed above as you see The memory was ordered right from dell about months ago and i haven t noticed anything out of the ordinary except in my Freezing/Artifacts/Gunashoothisthing Computer Properties it shows i have RAM when i have x GB sticks in Freezing/Artifacts/Gunashoothisthing it When i look in Setup from the startup it shows i have sticks and all are at GB This is more of a side problem i think It has always been like this since i put it in I upgraded the Video Card about a week ago the stock GFX card was an Nvidia GTS MB About a week BEFORE i Freezing/Artifacts/Gunashoothisthing upgraded the video card i kept getting lag while playing games where my screen would lock up then resume itself after - seconds Two days later my screen would fuzz up with mass color issues when playing games The computer would completely freeze and the only way i could fix it was to just unplug it It would only do this when playing a game and i couldnt be in the game for seconds before it would do the same I recieved a BSOD once listed below A few months before this i did get a few memory related BSODs however i dont have any of that information and havent gotten any since then The next day i turned my computer on and got Artifacts on startup i would sometimes get to login and sometimes it was just stop for about a minute in black screen then restart itself This is when i turned to websites and spent a long time reading what this could be ------ pm Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP BCP D BF A BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp C Users Justin AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml C Users Justin AppData Local Temp WERDDC tmp version txt Pictures of my screen at this point Startup Sitting at the black screen before a restart When i did get to the login screen once I figured i needed a new GFX card after all the evidence i was getting So i went and got one got the drivers from NVIDIA website as well My computer worked perfectly and better than ever for about days On the th day i got the same freeze with the same fuzz as last time again i had to unplug So its been two days now and ive gotten two freezes in the past couple days AS WELL as a screwed up login screen I restart and they seem to go away and everything seems fine today POST reformat and new GFX card pictures Game lockup Game lockup Windows So thats probably all i can think to explain at this point Stuff that i ve looked at tried Replaced the video card as u read above Used HWMonitor to check temps as of right now while internet browsing and idle Listed as Current Min Max CPU Core Core GFX GPU Core WHILE GAME OPEN CPU Core Core GFX GPU Core Checked my PSU with a multimeter the only ones i knew how to check were the and both read and on the meter HWmonitor or Speedfan wouldnt read the temps OR my fan speeds I semi checked my memory by putting in one stick at a time in each slot and one at a time it seems it will read when i have sticks in but doesnt go above when i have in however setup reads Each stick in the fir... Read more

A:Freezing/Artifacts/Gunashoothisthing

What psu do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/freezing-artifacts-gunashoothisthing.122855/
Relevancy 38.27%

I need some help, no one can seem to tell me what the issue is that I am having.
I just got my buddy's old gaming pc off him and after I built it I had an unusual issue with artifacts. I can watch YouTube, Netflix, downloaded content and game perfectly and in 1080 but when I try to stream using Putlocker, Cucirca or CraveTV I get artifacts but only within the webplayer, NOT the entire screen.
Since this is not over the entire screen, every comp store and the IT guys at my work say it isn't the gpu. If it's not the gpu then what is it and how do I fix it?
Please help!

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/computer-artifacts-within-web-player-only-4606453/
Relevancy 38.27%

For some reason, I've been getting artifacts in call of duty 2 on maybe 4 or 5 different levels. No games besides this one have given me any problems so far. I've got an x1800xt with cat 6.5. Here's my specs:
pentium d 930
p5nd2-sli mobo
x1800xt
2 gigs ram
antec 500w smart power

Relevancy 38.27%

No idea what is going on with my video card, help please.

Relevancy 38.27%

Good evening Before I start I d like to thank for any feedback in resolving my current issue As of recently I ve been having issues with playing some games mostly games like WoW Warcraft and Borderlands i ve also tested on FEAR and Crysis My current graphics card is a AMD HD Radeon and has run fine for about the last year Other components are a BIOSTAR Motherboard an AMD Phenom II x GHz Graphics artifacts/bluescreening as well as about HDD s amp x GB s of DDR Supporting these is a W PSU I ve not had any issues with this setup nor has parts been changed recently I m running Windows Bit On to the issue As of recently while playing games I ve been having bluescreening graphics artifacts texture distortion and the video driver crashing This all started about weeks ago and at that point only noticed graphical artifacts in WoW and no issues in other games I must admit for the first week I kind of ignore the issue as was just artifacts but to be safe removed all overclocks anyway This didn t resolve the issue overclock was Graphics artifacts/bluescreening about and temps max of C never more Removing the overclock didn t resolve it but things still worked so I stopped my investigation After Graphics artifacts/bluescreening about a week I Graphics artifacts/bluescreening started getting intermitent bluescreening Video driver crashes and even more artifacts texture issues The bluescreen symptoms was never the same one Either the graphics driver couldn t be recovered CLOCK TIMEOUT error or once before a memory violation I tested this in games WoW I got graphical artifacts intermitent bluescreening between every minutes to maybe not at all in a playing session Boarderlands Fear I got bluescreening with a soundloop or video driver crashing intermitent In Crysis however I tested for about hours card maxed out and had no issues at all What I ve done So I firstly did all the usual stuff Reinstall the graphics drivers redownload and install directX liberies to see if that made a different as expected it didn t I have monitors attached disconnected and played just one same issue I checked temps tired cooling it while playing wow the card was at C and still didn t make any difference So after this I thought it would be a graphics card failure So I have an old faithful Radeon which last i checked works great and I d taken care of it while in storage So I placed this in and tested I no longer got the artifacts or texture issues however the Video driver crashing remained and not as much but soemtimes a bluescreen So I also tested this on another PCI-E slot My motherboard has of them x however only can be used in x mode after which x In my other PCI-E slots I have raid controllers PCI-E x and then my graphics card Orginally I had it on the bottom one due to space and then moved it to the top one to see if any different Tested both cards like this and still the same So recently I ve been testing my power supply with a multimeter on the PCI-E connectors I had other connectors still in to provide a load Accross all points I m getting around - V while the system is Idle I m not able to test under load as no display This might be related or not but the bluescreening commonly not always happens when sometimes changing between WoW and a window on the second monitor Maybe because WoW is set to lower the FPS if to if it s not the active window So maybe down to the change in load required to the card just a thought This output is within a tolerance I beileve however I d expected it to be more around the V mark as it ll increase decrease more when under load I m not sure if this is a problem but right now I m running out of ways to test Any feedback on this would be great Thank you very much LightWrath nbsp

Relevancy 38.27%

Hello
I have BSOD problem.
Last thing I was doing on my PC before I could "start Windows normally" was playing a game. I notice some artifacts started to appear and after that I got a BSOD. Once that occurred I just can't start my Windows normally anymore. It only works in safe mode. Shutting it down, cleaning just doesn't help. I always get the BSOD when I want to start it normally.
I notice that my motherboard loading screen also has artifacts.

A:BSOD on every PC restart and artifacts

► Dumps indicate to stop 0x116.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa8006038010, fffff88006a4eefc, 0, 2}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+8efc )

---------
Follow STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting.

► Uninstall Daemon Tools.

► Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

► Install Service pack 1 and all the other updates.

Code:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Service Pack Center - Microsoft Windows

► The BIOS is very old. Plan to update it.

Code:
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. V1.1, 28.5.2008.
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/264166-bsod-every-pc-restart-artifacts.html