Windows Support Forum

computer freeze requiring hard shut down

Q: computer freeze requiring hard shut down

hello i m running windows XP home edition and i have had a lot of problems recently with malware and trojans the most recent incident involved one shut freeze down hard requiring computer of those fake virus removal pop ups that pretty much debilitated my computer on startup i couldn t run malwarebytes or computer freeze requiring hard shut down avira antivir however i was able to figure out which process to end so that i could run both programs i finally got them to run all the way through and after several times they came up clean however my computer continues to freeze for no obvious reason there doesn t seem to be any one action that sets it off sometimes it s when i m watching video sometimes when i m just surfing the net or on photoshop if there s audio going on at the time of the freeze it starts skipping my only option at that point is a hard shut down and sometimes it seems to quot hiccup quot too - something i m typing may pause for a moment and i ll think everything s about to freeze up either way my computer doesn t last for more than minutes at a time without freezing sometimes no more than minutes i have run combofix to try to solve the problem my ISP reccomended it as a last resort for the previous trojan problem i had but it s not working either any suggestions would be appreciated thank you in advance

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: computer freeze requiring hard shut down

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: computer freeze requiring hard shut down

Oh, one other thing (I'm not trying to bump the topic):

I just had to shut down again and when I booted back up I noticed an error message pop up titled "Anti-Spyware" that says "An Unexpected Problem was encountered Error# 0x80004003"

Thanks again.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/299864/computer-freeze-requiring-hard-shut-down/
Relevancy 93.31%

Hello,

I recently reinstalled Windows 7 on my custom built PC. Since doing so I have random freezes that allow me to do nothing other than hard reset the computer. There is no particular time that it does it, and it has mostly been noticed while either on the desktop or using Firefox.

Attached you will find the files from the Seven Forums Diagnostics Tool.

A:Random Computer Freeze Requiring Hard Reset

Welcome to the forums Watson1,

Code:
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa80045668f8, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : AuthenticAMD

Code:
Usual causes: Hardware, Incompatibility, May be driver corruption

Code:
2: kd> !errrec fffffa80045668f8
===============================================================================
Common Platform Error Record @ fffffa80045668f8
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Record Id : 01ce6f6c49e47881
Severity : Fatal (1)
Length : 928
Creator : Microsoft
Notify Type : Machine Check Exception
Timestamp : 6/22/2013 17:17:00 (UTC)
Flags : 0x00000002 PreviousError

Section 0 : Processor Generic
Descriptor @ fffffa8004566978
Section @ fffffa8004566a50
Offset : 344
Length : 192
Flags : 0x00000001 Primary
Severity : Fatal

Proc. Type : x86/x64
Instr. Set : x64
Error Type : BUS error
Operation : Generic
Flags : 0x00
Level : 3
CPU Version : 0x0000000000100f53
Processor ID : 0x0000000000000000

Section 1 : x86/x64 Processor Specific
Descriptor @ fffffa80045669c0
Section @ fffffa8004566b10
Offset : 536
Length : 128
Flags : 0x00000000

Local APIC Id : 0x0000000000000000
CPU Id : 53 0f 10 00 00 08 04 00 - 09 20 80 00 ff fb 8b 17
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Proc. Info 0 @ fffffa8004566b10

Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA
Descriptor @ fffffa8004566a08
Section @ fffffa8004566b90
Offset : 664
Length : 264
Flags : 0x00000000

Error : BUSLG_GENERIC_ERR_*_TIMEOUT_ERR (Proc 0 Bank 4)
The first parameter or argument has the value of 0x0, which is a Machine Check Exception, which means the CPU has detected a hardware problem and the address points to a processor error because the CPU has found one, so it could be a different form of hardware which is causing the issue.

We can see that the CPU detected a Timeout Error, but wasn't able to identify what caused the error.

In such a situation, it is best to use these steps:Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95
Enable "Round off checking" before the test (see first post below tutorial).
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try
All the hardware seeming to be running stable and tests reporting no errors, could mean a bad motherboard.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Side Notes:

Although these steps are not strictly related to the issue, these steps will help to avoid any BSODs in the future.

You seem to have only 88 Windows Updates installed, I currently have 206 Windows Updates installed, please check for any Windows Updates and install all the listed Important, Recommended and Optional updates (ignore anything associated with Bing).Start
Type: Windows Update
Check for Updates/Install Updates
Reboot (if prompted)
Remove:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\AVG
AVG is known to cause BSODs with Windows 7, please remove the program completely with the AVG Removal Tool, and then install these free and proven alternatives which work best with Windows 7, due to their lightweight nature on system resources and compatibility.

Install and perform full scans with:Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download
Microsoft Security Essent... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/294869-random-computer-freeze-requiring-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Hi all I've been having this problem for quite some time now I would say a year or more where my computer completely freezes up without any prompting It's quite frustrating to diagnose since it happens on such a random basis -there seems to be no trend as to what kind of programs I have running what kind of things I am using it for etc Sometimes it happens when I'm just browsing the net other times it happens when I just have some files up ie not memory intensive tasks -today it even happened when I put a USB stick in I am at a complete loss as to what might be the cause I have already deleted some old programs that I'm not using but that hasn't seemed to have done anything I've done a disk cleanup and run a scan for viruses The freeze can only be resolved with a hard restart which I know is not good for the computer I've already had to do this some or so times already I've attached the event viewer taken computer reset requiring Random freeze hard about - minutes after the last freeze I had the one when it froze after I put my USB stick in Any help or advice at all would be much appreciated

A:Random computer freeze requiring hard reset

tactilation,

please refer to here:
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/289748-random-computer-freeze-requiring-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I'm on windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64 bit with Vista originally on Laptop. Im on an Asus G71GX-RX05 laptop purchased about 3 years ago. I installed windows 7 with disc provided about 2 years ago. Here are the specs for my laptop.

My issue is that whenever I'm watching Netflix streaming or youtube streaming my computer will freeze completely on the screen that its on. No other screen pops up. It only occurs with streaming websites. I can play PC games fine and browse the internet. Sometimes a weird buzzing noise comes out of the speakers while it is freezing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Slayer41

A:Freeze during online video streaming requiring hard reset.

Hello,

I'm still not sure what you mean by "freeze". If the video freezes inside a perfectly normal browser window while it "buffers" due to a slow internet connection. If the browser itself freezes so that it won't respond to your input, that is more complicated and may or may not be helped by a reset: Tools/Internet Options/Advanced/Reset...

Regards,
Sysesc

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/freeze-during-online-video-streaming-requiring-hard-reset-662580.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello im quite new to this forum so Computer freezes, reset hard requiring please be patient with me Im decently tech suavy able to do my own hardware and software upgrades and identify some problems but still learning My computer is just over a year old and it began acting up Computer freezes, requiring hard reset nearly a month ago The problem occurs during gameplay I only currently have games on Computer freezes, requiring hard reset my computer WoW and CoD MW and during both games and no given specific time the computer freezes and the monitor loses signal I have recently noticed that during this freeze I still receive audio which makes me think it has something to do with the video card My specs are as follows Processor Intel Core Quad CPU Q GHz Ram GB bit Operating system running on Windows Vista w service pack I have a newly installed PSU about months old running at amps i believe And a GeForce GTX Video card installed around the same time as the PSU If you could help me with my situation in any way it would be greaty appreciated nbsp

A:Computer freezes, requiring hard reset

Ive recently installed Speedfan, and am now noticing my GPU runs at 65C whilst no games are running... any tips on getting this down? (Not a laptop)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezes-requiring-hard-reset.156649/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi

I seem to be having the same issue as another poster. My computer has been running very slowly for a while. Now it keeps freezing at random times and there is nothing I can do (right click to close, ctrl/alt/delete, etc)so I have to do a hard reboot. When I try to run scans it either freezes or completely turns my computer off. I have tried to run them in both normal and safe mode.

Any help would be appreciated and if you need any more information I will do my best to provide it.

Thank you

A:Computer Freezing, Requiring Hard Reboot. Scans Won't Complete

Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.====================================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Download aswMBR to your desktop.Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it.If you see this question: Would you like to download latest Avast! virus definitions?" say "Yes".Click the "Scan" button to start scan.On completion of the scan click "Save log", save it to your desktop and post in your next reply.NOTE. aswMBR will create MBR.dat file on your desktop. This is a copy of your MBR. Do NOT delete it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/456542/computer-freezing-requiring-hard-reboot-scans-wont-complete/
Relevancy 67.08%

New custom computer running working. cold Hard Randomly Computer to boot New requiring Freezes get windows pro New Computer Randomly Hard Freezes requiring cold boot to get working. with SP I installed the Os and drivers from the Asus motherboard disk on the first day I got it and from the nd day the computer started having random freezes that vary from - times per day The first time was while watching a video after that freezes would occur during virtually anything Sometimes even just from leaving it on without being used These are hard freezes and a hard reboot is the only way to get the computer working again During the freeze the mouse cursor disappears audio stops if on and the keyboard and mouse produce no response whatsoever I can still open the dvd drive but that's it I've dealt with a lot of PC problems over the years using different computers but none like this When I check the Windows event viewer logs there's nothing I've been able to find about what's causing the freezes Just the error message of quot unexpected shutdown quot from me having to do a reboot I have quot WhoCrased quot installed on my computer and that reports nothing about the freezes either My temperatures seem to be fine I have quot CoreTemp quot installed and quot System Information for Windows quot I ran Memtest with no errors I flashed the Bios and there were less freezes for a few days Then they started reoccurring I ran a stress test with no problems I updated all of the drivers from the manufactures website My computer is Intel i rd Generation k Samsung Evo SSD as primary Harddrive Seagate TB HDD for storage an Asus H M-A Motherboard Crucial DDR Ram GB mhz Onboard graphics and Orion watt power supply I can post more specs about my computer In Bios settings it looks like almost everything is set to default and to automatically detect Other troubleshoots I've tried Troubleshoot Went on Intel Asus and Realtek player's site and updated all of the drivers Troubleshoot Checked computer for errors with sfc scannow None were found Troubleshoot Turned off all unnecessary services and start programs Troubleshoot Changed my Power setting to quot High Performance quot Troubleshoot Installed Windows Hotfixes for freezes Troubleshoot Installed all Windows updates Troubleshoot Resat The Ram in a different slot Troubleshoot Tested my Drives with Seagate fitness Troubleshoot Checked and replaced all of the cables connected to the Harddrives and tried different ports I can have the motherboard Cpu or whatever replaced but I'm trying to figure out what's causing the problem first All of the hardware is new As far as the SSD I used it for weeks before getting this computer so I don't think it's that

A:New Computer Randomly Hard Freezes requiring cold boot to get working.

Did you substitute another power supply? Did you reseat all connectors?
Another thing -you say that you Flashed the BIOS and that produced a temporary fix. You might want to contact Asus about the issue based on this alone.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/330901-new-computer-randomly-hard-freezes-requiring-cold-boot-get-working.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Brand new custom computer running windows pro with New Custom requiring Computer, Random Hard Freezes, cold reboot. SP I installed the Os and drivers from the Asus motherboard disk on the first day I got it and from the nd day the computer started having random freezes that vary from - times per day The first time was while watching a video after that freezes would occur during virtually anything Sometimes even just from leaving it on without being used New Custom Computer, Random Hard Freezes, requiring cold reboot. These are hard freezes New Custom Computer, Random Hard Freezes, requiring cold reboot. and a hard reboot is the only way to get the computer working again During the freeze the mouse cursor disappears audio stops if on and the keyboard and mouse produce no response whatsoever I can still open the dvd drive but that's it I've dealt with a lot of PC problems over the New Custom Computer, Random Hard Freezes, requiring cold reboot. years using different computers but none like this When I check the Windows event viewer logs there's nothing I've been able to find about what's causing the freezes Just the error message of quot unexpected shutdown quot from me having to do a reboot I have quot WhoCrased quot installed on my computer and that reports nothing about the freezes either My temperatures seem to be fine I have quot CoreTemp quot installed and quot System Information for Windows quot I ran Memtest with no errors I flashed the Bios and there were less freezes for a few days Then they started reoccurring I ran a stress test with no problems and updated all of the drivers from the manufactures website My computer is Intel i rd Generation k Samsung Evo SSD as primary drive Seagate TB HDD for storage Asus H M-A Motherboard Crucial DDR Ram GB mhz Intel Onboard graphics and Orion watt power supply I can post more specs about my computer In Bios settings it looks like almost everything is set to default and to automatically detect Other troubleshoots I've tried Troubleshoot Went on Intel Asus and Realtek player's site and uninstalled updated all of the drivers Troubleshoot Checked computer for errors with sfc scannow None were found Troubleshoot Turned off all unnecessary services and start programs Troubleshoot Changed my Power setting to quot High Performance quot Troubleshoot Installed Windows Hotfixes for freezes Troubleshoot Installed all Windows updates Troubleshoot Resat The Ram in a different slot Troubleshoot Tested my Drives with Seagate Seatools Troubleshoot Checked and replaced all of the cables connected to the Harddrives and tried different ports I can have the motherboard Cpu or whatever replaced but I'm trying to figure out what's causing the problem first All of the hardware is new As far as the SSD I used it for weeks before getting this computer so I don't think it's that Please help It would be greatly appreciated

A:New Custom Computer, Random Hard Freezes, requiring cold reboot.

Reading all of that the first thing that comes to my mind is your power supply.

Orion 585 Watt

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/330898-new-custom-computer-random-hard-freezes-requiring-cold-reboot.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi I've started recently having issues with my Asus laptop model x c It all began with couple of BSOD that were referring to hardware error but as they occurred when I witched WIFI I figured it was driver related re-installed driver and they went away Fast forward a few days now computer just Random freeze requiring 8.1 reboot, win randomly what I can see freezes with image and everything left and nothing happens till I Random freeze requiring reboot, win 8.1 reboot by taking battery out I can't move mouse or do anything at all I've also had issues starting PC up from the win hybrid shutdown with nothing but black screen greeting me leading to same Random freeze requiring reboot, win 8.1 battery reboot Memtest seemingly came back okay although I'll let it turn bit longer once I'm home drivers seems up to date no new software been installed recently antivirus scan came back clean Nothing seems abnormal with GPU CPU load or temp Chkdsk fixed some minor issues after first bsod but freezes continued I am attaching the last minidump file that seems to be pointing at hal dll as cause as well as the SF info However I can't save event viewer logs however as it gives quot The specified channel could not be found quot error so I had to manually export all critical and errors events in three separate files you can find in the events archive Any tips on how I should approach troubleshooting this or what may be the cause are greatly appreciated

A:Random freeze requiring reboot, win 8.1

Hi,

0x124 hardware stops. As you already know, that means hal.

Uninstall Avast, reboot, then use their removal tool to remove remnants. Set Windows Firewall and Windows Defender to Automatic and start them too.
Make sure there is no overclocking. Monitor temps to ensure within spec, clean fans if necessary. Update bios to newest. Use CPU-Z to compare Memory tab to SPD tab, to see if memory is set well.

Update these if possible:

Code:
AiCharger AiCharger.sys Thu Sep 22 22:04:40 2011 (4E7BE938)
atkwmiacpi64 atkwmiacpi64.sys Tue Sep 06 21:44:52 2011 (4E66CC94)
ASMMAP64 ASMMAP64.sys Thu Jul 02 05:13:26 2009 (4A4C7A36)

from laptop maker's site, most likely in Downloads/Utilities section, even if you must look to Windows 7

iaStorA iaStorA.sys Sat Sep 01 21:01:24 2012 (5042AFE4)

Intel storage, from Intel.com

and

kbfiltr kbfiltr.sys Wed Aug 01 23:22:22 2012 (5019F26E)

Driver Reference Table - kbfiltr.sys

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/39476-random-freeze-requiring-reboot-win-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi all please bear with me and I'll explain where I've got to Am getting random hangs usually when gaming can go or days without one then can have two within an hour But freeze reboot requiring Random Yesterday for example it hung when I was simply browsing a txt file Most of the time it's Random freeze requiring reboot hung I have had to hit the reset button However twice it came up with the error Clock Watchdog timeout error and started to make a dmp file The last time this happened I was in an online group battle with friends and stupidly hit the reset button to speed things up but I see there is a memory dmp dated rd August that's GB whether that was the one I interrupted or whether that's the complete one I'm sorry can't remember Random freeze requiring reboot I was overclocking the Intel Core i a to MHz using Asus's MB software but am now running on default BIOS settings and still having the same problem I have a Antec case which has fans in the front on the back and a huge one at the top all regularly cleaned and the CPU has an Archon SB-E X CPU Cooler on it I have AID and it displays temps etc on my second monitor the temps are all well within limit I wrote them down Random freeze requiring reboot last time it hung while the processor was overclocked CPU C Core C Core C Core C Core C CPU utilisation Mem utilisation Used Memory MB Free Memory MB MB Temp C System SSD C Programs SSD C Music HD C Video HD C GPU Diode C CPU Fan RMP CPU Fan RPM GPU Fan RPM I created a boot usb and ran Memtest for about hrs all past fine well test Hammer test gave error messages but according to the web this is fine I've downloaded intel processor diagnostics and run it numerous times both when my PC was overclocked and now it isn't all passed fine To totally eliminate the RAM I removed GB and it still hung I swapped the GB over with the GB I removed it still hung again can go two or three days sometimes and PC is used for about hrs a day When I originally installed Windows pro clean install once it was installed and MS office and a few other bits of software I always use I made a true image backup I have restored this backup overwriting my C and D drives re-downloaded all my games used an older version of Nvidia driver that I know was working totally fine and it's still hanging Also tried a GTX to eliminate the GPU and still random hangs And I'm stumped The only thing I'm always doing at the time it hangs is I'm moving my mouse I suspect the CPU or the power supply but don't want to buy one and find it's the other I've attached the files required Only GB RAM currently installed not bothered putting the other GB back in yet The two devices without drivers are my Ilok and Steinberg key two licensing dongles for my music software which I haven't re-installed since reimaging the drivers were both installed originally when it started hanging any suggestions greatly received Thanks OS - Windows Pro x Clean install Free upgrade but did clean install after first upgrading Age of system hardware April mb CPU RAM Nov GPU PSU older than but cant remember re-imaged a couple of weeks ago CPU Intel Core i a Video Card GB Nvidia GeForce GTX MotherBoard Asus P X Socket ATX Motherboard Power Supply Tagan TG -U W ATX Dual Engine Silent sli Power Supply System Manufacturer Self built Exact model number Self built Desktop nbsp SysnativeFileCollectionApp zip nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp report zip nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp MTB txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/623044/random-freeze-requiring-reboot/
Relevancy 64.07%

My PC has been shutting down by itself (however its only when its idle) So when I don't move it for a couple of minutes (not when in sleep mode) So if I leave it alone for a while it just shuts down abruptly.

Sometimes the PC just freezes, but doesn't shut down. (usually happens when I don't move the mouse while watching movies/videos, or just leaving the PC idle when listening to music)

AMD Bulldozer FX-8150
Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Direct Touch 4
Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 AMD 990X AM3+ ATX
AMD Performance Edition 2X4GB
Gigabyte Radeon HD 6850 Windforce
Seasonic S12II 520W Power Supply

Is this a heating issue?

A:Computer freeze/shut down

What is the time setting for your screensaver? Try a different one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freeze-shut-down.1053148/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello guys and girls I have a problem that Random and Down My Shut Computer Freeze has been driving me mental for some time now Every time I open my computer I am able to navigate around for maybe - seconds before it comes up with that famous quot windows explorer has encountered a problem and must shut down quot error message Occasionally my laptop will then freeze too The detail it comes up with are C DOCUME nick LOCASL Temp bd appcompat txt the txt file always changes every time the error occurs Below is my DDS txt log hopefully I've done all this right and the required zip files are also attached Thanks in advance for any help given I really appreciate it DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by nick at on Wed Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV McAfee VirusScan Enterprise On-access scanning enabled Updated Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program My Computer Random Shut Down and Freeze Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise VsTskMgr exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files AlienGUIse wbload exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe My Computer Random Shut Down and Freeze C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system TCtrlIOHook exe C Program My Computer Random Shut Down and Freeze Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exe C WINDOWS system TDispVol exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise SHSTAT EXE C Program Files McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files TPG Leech meter TPG LeechOmeter exe C Program Files Free Download Manager fdm exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Documents and Settings nick Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files Protector Suite QL psqltray exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C Program Files Stardock ObjectDock ObjectDock exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exe C Documents and Settings nick Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exe C Documents and Settings nick Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings nick Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings nick Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings nick My Documents Downloads dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www yahoo com uSearch Page hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com uSearch Bar hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html mDefault Page URL hxxp www yahoo com mDefault Search URL hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com mSearch Page hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com mStart Page hxxp www yahoo com mSearch Bar hxxp us ... Read more

Relevancy 62.78%

Hi i recently buy a new computer from and freeze Probleme, computer Hardware down shut neweggs in pieces and I m having problems with it I installed all the drivers diablo and Norton But it keeps on crashing for no reason So i took my brother s power supply Hardware Probleme, computer shut down and freeze and tried it in my CPU and it was still crashing i did that with his rams and his video card and it was still randomly crashing i have no idea what Hardware Probleme, computer shut down and freeze else to do so that s why i m posting here if someone could help me it would be very appreciate If you need more info just ask Operating System MS Windows Home Premium -bit SP CPU Intel Core i GHz C Sandy Bridge nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd Z -D H Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz C Graphics ASUS VH H email protected MB GeForce GTX EVGA C Hard Drives GB Western Digital WDC WD FAEX- Y A ATA Device SATA C Optical Drives ASUS DRW- B ST c ATA Device Audio NVIDIA High Definition Audio nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

I have an Emachines T6520 running WIN XP that the hard drive crashed on. I installed a new hard drive and programs but while using it will just shut down, or will freeze. When restarting it will freeze upon start up. or Just stay on the black screen with the Fkey options.

I know Windows 7 has to have a clean install and wonder if it would solve the problem of freezing or shutting down?

A:Would Windows 7 solve computer freeze/shut down?

Hi NBILL....you might have a "heating" issue in your computer's hardware. Try speedfan http://download.cnet.com/SpeedFan/30...-10067444.html

or take off the cover and use a compressed air clean up your computer well and see if this helps. Check out all fans as well.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/would-windows-7-solve-computer-freeze-shut-down-425053.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi My not very technical brother bought a brand new ASUS G S laptop a week ago Two BSODs have occured since First time All we had done was changing the anti virus program in to avast and installing all Windows updates When my brother started Windows Media Player it hanged during the first time setup ie the computer was working and working but never finished After some time the mouse pointer froze and then moved sporadically in big chunks at a time He left the computer like this for a while until he decided to try shut down - BSOD - freeze Mouse freeze to reboot After he had hit the reboot button in the start menu using the keyboard a quot Waiting for a program to close quot screen was shown It waited for taskeng exe After he had waited for a while he hit the quot force shut down quot button Then the computer froze at the quot Windows is being Mouse freeze - shut down freeze - BSOD shut down quot screen for about half an hour until a BSOD was shown I hope you understand what I mean with all the text in quotes I translated those from Swedish - it might not say exactly so in English versions of Windows Second time Since last time we had installed a few programs and removed a few We weren't doing anything on the computer a program was open though but there was no work in progress for the moment when suddenly them mouse pointer started to behave like the first time Then everything proceeded just like last time The BSODs said DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE STOP x F x xFFFFFA xFFFFF B C D Basic system spec of his computer Windows Home Premium - x - It IS the original installed OS on the system - OEM - The computer was bought a week ago - The OS has NOT been re-installed I've attached the Windows NT BSOD jcgriff folder but unfortunately I can't attach the perfmon html file since an error occurred when I ran it See the attached image Here is an English translation of it Error An error occurred when the report was to be created The waiting time for the report creator to start has run out Any ideas Thanks in advance

A:Mouse freeze - shut down freeze - BSOD

Quote: Originally Posted by Walter T

Hi!

My not very technical brother bought a brand new ASUS G74S laptop a week ago. Two BSODs have occured since.

First time:
All we had done was changing the anti virus program in to avast! and installing all Windows updates. When my brother started Windows Media Player, it hanged during the first time setup, ie the computer was working and working but never finished. After some time, the mouse pointer froze and then moved sporadically, in big chunks at a time. He left the computer like this for a while, until he decided to try to reboot. After he had hit the reboot button in the start menu using the keyboard, a "Waiting for a program to close" screen was shown. It waited for taskeng.exe. After he had waited for a while, he hit the "force shut down" button. Then the computer froze at the "Windows is being shut down" screen for about half an hour, until a BSOD was shown. (I hope you understand what I mean with all the text in quotes, I translated those from Swedish - it might not say exactly so in English versions of Windows.)

Second time:
Since last time, we had installed a few programs, and removed a few. We weren't doing anything on the computer (a program was open, though, but there was no work in progress) for the moment, when suddenly them mouse pointer started to behave like the first time. Then everything proceeded just like last time.

The BSODs said:
DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
*** STOP: 0x0000009F (0x0000000000000003, 0xFFFFFA8009623060, 0xFFFFF80000B9C3D8)

Basic system spec of his computer:
Windows 7 Home Premium
- x64
- It IS the original installed OS on the system.
- OEM
- The computer was bought a week ago.
- The OS has NOT been re-installed.

I've attached the Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2 folder, but unfortunately I can't attach the perfmon html file, since an error occurred when I ran it. See the attached image. Here is an English translation of it:
Error:
An error occurred when the report was to be created.
The waiting time for the report creator to start has run out.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

No DMP files included in the upload, please try this method.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
OK your way out.
Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/179041-mouse-freeze-shut-down-freeze-bsod.html
Relevancy 56.76%

This has been occurring for months now hard crashing, PC reset. requiring It is EXTREMELY PC crashing, requiring hard reset. annoying especially if I am in the middle of something very important The mouse cursor will lock everything will freeze and this will usually be followed by any sound repeating buzzing freezing From here it is a complete freeze The only way to get out of this is to restart my computer Now another surprising thing is that usually I need to push my reset button in PC crashing, requiring hard reset. all the way for my PC to reset I suppose this is so you don't bump the button When the crash occurs I only have to slightly touch the reset button for my PC to completely shut down Strange Upon first glance I suspected this to be my power supply however now I am not sure it could really be any other component I am fairly confident that this is hardware related but not sure what is causing these crashes Nothing seems to quot trigger quot the crashes It can happen whilst watching videos playing games browsing the web or simply idling Any help would be appreciated thanks

A:PC crashing, requiring hard reset.

Please provide full specs of your PC including PSU make/model/wattage so we know what we're looking at. Could quite possibly be a PSU problem, but we need all your other hardware info too (CPU, Motherboard, RAM etc).

Is the PC pre-built or custom built?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/pc-crashing-requiring-hard-reset-614768.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I've been having a pretty weird problem that started about a month or two ago and happens anywhere from once a week to once every other day No software was installed around when this started happening and no hardware changes were made in the preceding months either I've had this machine for about years Every program will become slow and or unresponsive and Win shutdown, becomes requiring hard changes unresponsive recent no if I can manage to close any of them Win becomes unresponsive requiring hard shutdown, no recent changes the item text will vanish from the taskbar but the quot icon quot will still remain Here's a picture to illustrate https i imgur com GoY UBN jpg No matter how long I wait it will not go away and no programs remaining open will start to respond Additionally I cannot start any application Win becomes unresponsive requiring hard shutdown, no recent changes - an application I try to start will appear in Task Manager I always have it running so I didn't have a need to open that thankfully but only using a very small amount of RAM No matter how long I wait it will never use more than like kbish of RAM I can close some applications using the task manager But sometimes if I try to end a process it will ask me quot Are you sure quot and then will proceed to not close it or close it so it quot vanishes quot from the taskbar like in the picture Win becomes unresponsive requiring hard shutdown, no recent changes and the task manager and the taskbar freeze Sometimes they freeze independent of me doing that Trying to restart via the start menu does not work No matter how long I wait no applications will close and nothing will change Things I have tried without success -sfc scannow -Malwarebytes -avast antivirus -Hard drive change I recently cloned and replaced my C drive with another drive but this problem predated that change by about weeks and has persisted with the drive change There are also no consistent triggers I have left the computer on for a few days when I go out of town and find my messenger windows seem to be up and running but actually turned unresponsive and stopped receiving messages after I was out of town for a day or two with no indication anything was wrong Messages I typed and sent after this quot silence quot were never received by the other party and checking the message history via an external interface after a reboot confirms there was more I did not receive and the messages I tried sending went into the ether Additionally Steam was unable to connect to the Internet so it seems whatever problem this is also impacts Internet access The only thing I can think of that MIGHT be related to this is I don't want Windows and have chosen to hide some updates related to that but might have missed some I've never accepted any of the install prompts and have them hidden I've built my past two computers and consider myself pretty savvy but I've never seen anything like this and have no clue how I would even search for it to see if others have had it I should also note there were a few times when after logging into Windows the network connection refused to work A reboot or two later it would work with no problem This has not happened for a while and could have been me being impatient but thought it worth mentioning Waiting on programs to respond or the machine to restart via the start menu has meant me waiting hours though so that unresponsiveness is definitely not my imagination Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place Please let me know any information you'd need Thank you

A:Win becomes unresponsive requiring hard shutdown, no recent changes

Hello oddprob,

A few more things to try:

1. Possibly a corrupt user account. Could create a new account and see if the issue persists.

2. Check Device Manager for Driver issues. Once there, be sue to click on "View" then "Show Hidden Devices."

3. May still be Malware related. You could post in our "System Security Forum" for help. http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/

4. Run CHKDSK.

5. Run Clean Boot

Hope this helps,
John

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/398797-win-becomes-unresponsive-requiring-hard-shutdown-no-recent-changes.html
Relevancy 56.33%

As the title says, I'm experiencing random crashes in the form of freezing. No BSOD, no power down or reset, just an unrecoverable freeze.
The computer is a relatively new build (3-4 months old), and this has been happening the entire time.
This occurs during gaming, Installation of software, and various other instances.
Memtest showed nothing, so the RAM is probably fine.

Speccy:http://speccy.piriform.com/results/g...BdnzNIRDoSfuKd

Please let me know if you need any other information, thank you

A:Random freezes requiring Hard Reboot

Work through the Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7
reporting back as you go as there may be other steps indicated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/359923-random-freezes-requiring-hard-reboot.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I tried to replace my heatsink on shut Computer randomly why and a I hard doing down know don't my CPU and i accidently pulled the CPU processor out of the motherboard with the heatsink attached to it I broke my CPU and i sent it in for warranty replacement I received the new processor and I put it in and my computer seems to be working fine until for no reason it just Computer randomly doing a hard shut down and I don't know why did a hard shutdown and I could not turn it back on by pressing the power button I had to wait a few minutes and remove the power supply plug and then reconnect it and flip the switch in order to reboot it This has happened twice already and basically my PC will do a hard shutdown and the green light on the motherboard even goes off Does this mean I have damaged my motherboard or my powersupply or possibly both I can use my computer fine for certain periods of time and then it will just randomly shutoff I ve used it for hours before the first shutdown Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

Hello, I was hoping maybe somebody could help me with this laptop. The issue I'm having is most of the time when I walk away from it and leave it on, upon returning the screen is just black, the computer is running but there is no response on the keyboard or mouse, which requires a hard shutdown and a restart. It then says it was not shut down properly, I start it up, and it runs fine until the next time I walk away and it does this freeze thing. I also want to note that it does not always do this, sometimes it sleeps like it should, but the problem is increasing in frequency.

A:Laptop screen goes black, requiring hard reset

No I have had this before its the drivers, the video card is going out, anything? Nobody on this forum has seen a laptop that would keep running but freeze on a black screen after going idle?

Take a guess!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/262272-laptop-screen-goes-black-requiring-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 55.47%

For the past couple of months my PC has had quite a few hangs which require hard reboots to get it working again.  Generally, but not always, this seems to happen when I am downloading a large file -- both through my browser and more frequently when using a download manager such as Jdownloader.

I have attached the sysnativefilecollection info.  Unfortunately Perfmon would not respond. The application just hung and was listed as not responding.

Info about my PC is below:

-- Windows 7 -- originally pre-installed
-- X64 operating system
-- Age of system: 7/2012
-- Age of OS: 2012
-- CPU: Intel Core i7-3770
-- Videocard: Nvidia GeForce GT 640
-- Motherboard: Dell OYJPT1
-- Power supply -- not sure how to determine this
-- System Manufacturer: Dell
-- Model Number: XPS 8500
-- Type: Desktop

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

A:Windows 7 - Frequent hangs requiring hard reboot

Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).
FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504
While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582219/windows-7-frequent-hangs-requiring-hard-reboot/
Relevancy 55.47%

My computer will freeze at random times when playing games like Halo 2, STALKER, Crysis, Far Cry 2, and Caesar 4. I don't think it is a heat problem since it will happen at random times and my dad's comp, which also has the same specs doesn't freeze. So I was wondering if any of you could help me figure out what is wrong. Specs are right here.

CPU: Core 2 Extreme QX6850
GPU: eVGA Nvidia 8800GT 512 Mb
RAM: 2Gb Corsair 800MHz
HDD: 500Gb SATA

A:Solved: PC freezes in game, requiring hard reset.

...and the make, model, and size of the power supply? (The most neglected, but most probable cause of your problem.)

Courtney

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-pc-freezes-in-game-requiring-hard-reset.774270/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hope you can help. I fitted a maxtor 40gb HDD and set it as master. My old 6gb HDD I set as slave. My comp can't be set to boot from CD so I installed windows me start-up disc, ran fdisk and partitioned my new drive. I installed windows me and then upgraded to XP. When I boot-up it recognises both HDD but after a while my screen freezes. I have got 196mb ram and a P3 processor. I have also formatted the drives using FAT32.

Relevancy 55.47%

hey guys i have scoured the internet looking for a solution to the issue i am facing and have found none my computer which is about a year old and running windows has been restarting whenever i play any high graphics game for about months now and when it restarts there is during downs only Computer gaming shut hard no blue screen there is no error message all that is left is an event with the following details - System - Provider Name Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Guid C B A- - C -AC E- C D B EventID Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Correlation - Execution ProcessID ThreadID Channel System Computer Chris-PC Computer hard shut downs during gaming only - Security UserID S- - - - EventData BugcheckCode BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x SleepInProgress false PowerButtonTimestamp my computer has the following hardware GIGABYTE G Sniper LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB Extended ATX Intel MotherboardEVGA G-P - -KR GeForce GTX FTW GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video CardCORSAIR HX Series HX W ATX V EPS V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply New th Gen CPU Certified Haswell ReadyIntel Core i - K Ivy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX I KCrucial M CT M SSD BAA GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD CORSAIR Vengeance GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model CMZ GX M A C Seagate Barracuda ST DM TB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s Internal Hard Drive Bare DriveLITE-ON Blu-ray Burner with D Playback SATA iHBS - LightScribe SupportThe operating system is installed on the solid state drive and all of my games are installed on the normal hard drive i have checked on my heat of the system and they are all in the green i have checked my audio drivers like a few forums had suggested for other users and although i do have audio drivers one for nvidia high definition audio and the other for sound blaster recon di disabling them and updating them in any of order does absolutely nothing I have tried running memtest and stress tests like furmark but to no avail i even tried buying a new power cord for my psu but that didnt do anything i have a friend with a watt power supply he said i could use to see if its my psu but he lives far away and until then i want to rule out all of the other possibilities i have not had enough money to take this in to get it checked out professionally because i am a college student with very little resources but if there are any suggestions that you can help me out with i would be so grateful i should also mention that when i first got the system i could play any game on the market on highest graphics with no problems at all also the problem that i am having happens the more i play on my computer for instance if i havent touched my computer for a couple of weeks then i am able to play skyrim or any game on it for a few hours until it shuts down but if i just played on it yesterday than the restart only takes seconds please help me figure out this insane issue

A:Computer hard shut downs during gaming only

Have you updated your video drivers?

Have you checked your fans to make sure they are spinning?

Have you cleaned the air intakes on the machine?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/516622/computer-hard-shut-downs-during-gaming-only/
Relevancy 55.47%

For some reason my computer sometimes just shuts off.
The only warning I get when this is happening is that windows pops up a notification that says "turn on windows security center" or something along those lines. Once I saw a message following it saying "comodo needs to be updated" right before the computer shut down.
When it shuts down it just hard stops - everything turns off and goes to black without properly shutting down windows or anyting like that

It happened twice last night and only 1 or two other times before this.
I'm wondering if I just have some weird settings with windows security center

I'm using windows 7 64 bit

A:computer randomly shuts down (hard shut down)

Hi sli4,

Please provide us with your computer hardware specs. Posting computer specs definitely helps troubleshoot computer more efficiently.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-randomly-shuts-down-hard-shut-down-583035.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey guys wasn't really sure what category to post this thread in So this has been going on for quite some time now when I am streaming videos browsing the internet or playing really low intensity reset requiring coloured screen hard Crashing random to games like minecraft or indie games my computer will crash to a random coloured screen I assume taking the colour from some element of whatever on screen and will project a horrible sound from the speakers I Crashing to random coloured screen requiring hard reset assume a very short loop of the last sounds of what was playing and I am forced to hard reset the computer sometimes it wont happen for a couple of days and then other times it will happen times a day it totally varies with no Crashing to random coloured screen requiring hard reset apparent cause It has a brand new Crashing to random coloured screen requiring hard reset hard drive ram and PSU and the graphics card is fairly recent the mother board and CPU are a couple years old but I can't see this being a hardware issue down to the fact that there seems to be no apparent cause for this issue if the hardware was strictly faulty then im sure it would die in high intensity tasks but it has almost never crashed when playing something like battlefield or the new DOOM game at max settings so that doesn't seem to be the case I also can't see it being an over heating issue as the computer runs quite cool All of my drivers are up to date and this has happend across multiple versions of graphics driver updates Im honestly out of answers I have read countless forums of people suffering with the exact same problem to no ressolve and have tried a rediculous amount of things just about everything you could possibly do yet still found nothing I thought id try to make a post to see if anyone could help me before I give up and take it to the computer store All help is much appreciated Thank you

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/67239-crashing-random-coloured-screen-requiring-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey guys wasn't really sure what category to post this thread in So this has been going on for quite some time now when I am streaming videos browsing the internet or playing really low intensity games like minecraft or indie games my computer will crash to a random coloured screen I assume taking the colour from some element of whatever on screen and will project a horrible sound from Crashing to coloured hard reset requiring random screen the speakers I assume a very short loop of the last Crashing to random coloured screen requiring hard reset sounds of what was playing and I am forced to hard reset the computer sometimes it wont happen for a couple of days and then other times it will happen times a day it totally varies with no apparent cause It has a brand new hard drive ram and PSU and the graphics card is fairly recent the mother board and CPU are a couple years old but I can't see this being a hardware issue down to the fact that there seems to be no apparent cause for this issue if the hardware was strictly faulty then im sure it would die in high intensity tasks but it has almost never crashed when playing something like battlefield or the new DOOM game at max settings so that doesn't seem to be the case I also can't see it being an over heating issue as the computer runs quite cool All of my drivers are up to date and this has happend across multiple versions of graphics driver updates Im honestly out of answers I have read countless forums of people suffering with the exact same problem to no ressolve and have tried a rediculous amount of things just about everything you could possibly do yet still found nothing I thought id try to make a post to see if anyone could help me before I give up and take it to the computer store All help is much appreciated Thank you

http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/67239-crashing-random-colored-screen-requiring-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello So my Toshiba Satellite L D-S running Windows Ultimate -bit has been having random crashes that require a hard reset and I cannot figure out why And as hard requiring screen black crashes reset Random to of today the crashes have progressed to just appearing as though there was no battery and I pulled the plug on the laptop It happens completely out of the blue and I can be doing anything from browsing YouTube to gaming or Random crashes to black screen requiring hard reset just leave the laptop idle and it will still crash While gaming the CPU rarely reaches C before I crash and I have tried two different batteries and power supplies original ones the came with the laptop and ones I purchased from the company as extras a few months after receiving the laptop with no difference I have also tested four separate RAM sticks two gb and two gb and the same crashing still occurs Any insight as to why my laptop keeps crashing Thank you Joshdog My Specs Windows Ultimate -bit SP AMD K nm Technology GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - TOSHIBA NALAE Socket M S G Generic Random crashes to black screen requiring hard reset PnP Monitor x Hz MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD Series Toshiba GB TOSHIBA MQ ABD SATA Disk Device SATA C HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT N SATA CdRom Device Realtek High Definition Audio

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-crashes-to-black-screen-requiring-hard-reset-1011418.html
Relevancy 55.04%

System boots fine but when I try to run something I get a freeze and have to do a hard boot Have run Spybot and Adaware and Ewido in Safe mode Is there anything here Logfile of HijackThis v Rach98n - Hjt Wrong Boot Log Somthing Requiring Freezing - Hard Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exeC WINNT System winlogon exeC WINNT system services exeC WINNT system lsass exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT System svchost exeC Program Files Citrix ICA Client ssonsvr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC WINNT Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc Hjt Log Rach98n - Somthing Wrong - Freezing Requiring Hard Boot exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC WINNT system brsvc a exeC WINNT system spoolsv exeC WINNT system brss a exeC WINNT system Brmfrmps exeC WINNT System drivers CDAC BA EXEC WINNT system CTsvcCDA EXEC Program Files ewido anti-malware ewidoctrl exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exeC WINNT System Hjt Log Rach98n - Somthing Wrong - Freezing Requiring Hard Boot svchost exeC WINNT system BRMFRSMG EXEC WINNT System igfxtray exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINNT system wuauclt exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXEC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Documents and Settings Rachel Desktop HijackThis exeC PROGRA Symantec LIVEUP LUCOMS EXER - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http securityresponse symantec com avcenter fix homepageR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page about blankO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO NAV Helper - A F D D-E - D -B A - BB FDD - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - C E A- F - E-B E- B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINNT System igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exeO - HKLM Run SetDefPrt C Program Files Brother Brmfl a BrStDvPt exeO - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKCU Run Weather C Program Files AWS WeatherBug Weather exe O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odlO - HKCU Run GoogleDCClient C Program Files GoogleDCC GoogleDCC exe -startupO - HKCU Run RealPlayer quot C Program Files Real RealPlayer realplay exe quot RunUPGToolCommandReBootO - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exeO - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Prog... Read more

A:Hjt Log Rach98n - Somthing Wrong - Freezing Requiring Hard Boot

Sorry for the delay. If you are still having problems please post a brand new HijackThis log as a reply to this topic. Before posting the log, please make sure you follow all the steps found in this topic:Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/52874/hjt-log-rach98n-somthing-wrong-freezing-requiring-hard-boot/
Relevancy 55.04%

I recently upgraded my own custom built PC by replacing the primary HDD with a GB Samsung SSD a new graphics card and installed OEM Windows Home Premium x From the beginning requiring Home Win Premium hard boot 7 x64 Randomly Freezes I have experienced random freezes that require a hard boot at least once a day There s never a BSOD The freezes occur while I m browsing playing games or doing nothing at all The computer will crash immediately in sleep mode and restart so I have disabled the power settings I don t know if that s a separate problem or not I built this rig in with XPSP that worked more Win 7 Home Premium x64 Randomly Freezes requiring hard boot or less fine for years Here's the rig OS Windows Home Premium bit CPU Intel Core Quad Q GHz Motherboard Asus P N-E SLI Memory x GB Graphics Card s Gigabyte GTX TI GB Hard Drives Samsung SSD EVO GB My power supply is a WCooler Master RS- -PCAR-E I have updated graphics and WiFi network card device drivers with no resolution My HP all-in-one drivers seemed to be involved Event viewer so Win 7 Home Premium x64 Randomly Freezes requiring hard boot I completely uninstalled them No help I ve looked for the dump files and there is nothing in there - ever show hidden files is checked If anything was there I would see it I ve gone to the Startup and Recovery Settings and set the write debugging information to Small memory dump uncheck automatically restart and set the small dump directory to SystemRoot Minidump There s no memory dmp file either The event viewer consistently shows two things Critical The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly AM on Error The previous system shutdown at AM on was unexpected AM When I look for an event at the time AM on I don t see anything It s the same pattern whenever this happens WTH is going on Help would be much appreciated If I didn t post this in the right place or broke a forum rule- don t crucify me I m a n b Point me to the right place

A:Win 7 Home Premium x64 Randomly Freezes requiring hard boot

Have you Googled deeply into Samsung SSD issues? They have had several problems recently regarding firmware and their Magician software.

I don't own a Samsung, so did not pay a lot of attention to the details. I do know that sleep issues can be related to firmware.

Walk down these search results as a starting point:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...ts=&gws_rd=ssl

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/372816-win-7-home-premium-x64-randomly-freezes-requiring-hard-boot.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey guys, I have a PC that was custom built with all new hardware, and I'm getting hard freezes anywhere from once a day to once a month.
It happens while doing anything from watching a movie, to just browsing the web.

I replaced the PSU, flashed the Bios, reinstalled windows, changed the power settings, updated drivers but the problem still occurs.

Windows event viewer doesn't show anything that related to the crash except "previous system shutdown was unexpected".

I ran a stress and cpu test as well memtest all of those came up fine.
Since all the hardware is new not sure what to switch out first, or if I should reinstall windows again or change something in the bios.

I'm using a
Intel i7 3770k,
Intel graphics 4000,
Asus H61M-A Motherboard,
1 Crucial DDR3 Ram 8GB
Samsung Evo 840 SSD as primary drive,
Seagate 1TB HDD
Corsair 550 watt PSU

Any help is appreciated.

A:All new Hardware Custom build Freezes requiring hard reboot

Hello Avaava mate now you say you have swapped out most of the components just exactly have you not swapped out? I am assuming the board is new in which case (no pun) may have an issue.

Now just out of my curiosity could you do this as the PSU bought new might not be right and it would really eliminate for good that source of any problem.

Using HW Info
PART A:
You can test the volts on the PSU with HW Info HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download < download the right bit version and close the right hand window select Sensors and scroll down to the power section where you will see what the volts are doing see my pic. In my pic the section (Nuvoton) with VBATT is a dead give away you are in the section for the rail voltages. There are other section titles and one that pops up often is ITE
Now the voltage on the different rails have to be within 5% =+/- of what is required or the machine will not work properly if at all.
See this for the rail voltage info
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/power-supply-specifications-atx-reference,3061.html (Section 2.)
The original right hand window shows the machine running and is handy for that but for looking at the components in some detail close it and use the main left hand side panel
FOR OTHER COMPONENTS
PART B:
Open each small square with + in it on the section the components are in and then click on the individual component/s (it will highlight in blue) - in the right hand side will appear all sorts of details including brands speeds and other essential info that particular device. See pic for example.
Use PART A: for the PSU (the pic is of my main deskie - Asus Ivy Bridge board so am guessing the section you will see will be Nuvoton) should you want to know the very fine detail of other stuff use PART B:

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/368768-all-new-hardware-custom-build-freezes-requiring-hard-reboot.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Not sure if this is the correct forum because it could be a number of problems but here goes While playing Lord of the Rings online my computer frequently emits a horrible crackling or distorted beeping sound thereafter completely freezing so I cannot even ctrl alt delete out of the game I have to do a hard boot everytime I have had someone who knows a fair amount about computers look at it She reinstalled everything and updated all the appropriate drivers etc It worked LOTRO Freezing Crackling Hard with or Crashing Boot requiring for about a week without crashing but now it's back to doing it I realize this could be a million things but I hope someone has experienced the exact thing and could provide some LOTRO Crashing or Freezing with Crackling requiring Hard Boot guidance Thanks and here's what I run Motherboard - LOTRO Crashing or Freezing with Crackling requiring Hard Boot ASUS P Q LGA Intel P ATX Intel Motherboard Memory - OCZ Platinum GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ P GK Hardrive - Western Digital VelociRaptor WD HLFS GB RPM SATA Gb s Hard Drive bare drive - OEM Processor - Intel Core Quad Q Kentsfield GHz LGA Quad-Core Processor Model BX Q Power Supply - Antec True Power Trio TP - W ATX V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply with Three V Rails Card - ASUS ENGTX TOP HTDI M GeForce GTX MB Case - Cooler Master RC- -KKN -GP Black Computer Case

A:LOTRO Crashing or Freezing with Crackling requiring Hard Boot

Do you only experience this issue while playing this game?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/lotro-crashing-or-freezing-with-crackling-requiring-hard-boot-326934.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Windows 10 crashes frequently and randomly. No BSOD no error msgs. Happens about 30 times a day with no rhyme or reason
Please help
Elizabeth

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/625738/windows-10-freezes-frequently-and-randomly-requiring-hard-restart/
Relevancy 55.04%

I seem to have a couple of common ones; one refers to attempting to write to a read-only memory area. Another talks about a clock interrupt. I stumbled on the jcgriff2 website with diagnostic tools and went through those steps and have three zip files with the results. I also updated drivers using Uniblue, and updated the Award BIOS, ran a memory check, and chkdsk.

I appreciate any help you guys can give. Since about Windows 95, I haven't really kept up on the technical side so much.

Thanks in advance.

A:BSOD and system freezes requiring hard reboot Win7x64

Security software:
Code:
ssscheduler.exe c:\program files (x86)\mcafee security scan\2.0.181\ssscheduler.exe 4064 8 200 1380 3/26/2012 8:55 PM 2.0.181.0 249.55 KB (255,536 bytes) 1/15/2010 5:49 AM
sdwinsec.exe c:\program files (x86)\spybot - search & destroy\sdwinsec.exe 2408 8 200 1380 3/26/2012 8:54 PM 1.0.0.12 1.10 MB (1,153,368 bytes) 3/13/2012 8:29 PM
teatimer.exe c:\program files (x86)\spybot - search & destroy\teatimer.exe 3904 4 200 1380 3/26/2012 8:55 PM 1.6.6.32 2.16 MB (2,260,480 bytes) 3/13/2012 8:29 PM
avastui.exe c:\program files\avast software\avast\avastui.exe 2224 8 200 1380 3/26/2012 8:55 PM 7.0.1426.0 4.05 MB (4,241,512 bytes) 3/26/2012 8:23 PM
mcsacore.exe c:\progra~2\mcafee\sitead~1\mcsacore.exe 1832 8 3072 4608 3/26/2012 8:54 PM 3.4.1.118 101.02 KB (103,440 bytes) 2/23/2012 9:52 PM
saui.exe c:\progra~2\mcafee\sitead~1\saui.exe 3800 8 200 1380 3/26/2012 8:57 PM 3.4.1.195 276.02 KB (282,648 bytes) 2/23/2012 9:52 PM
Remove McAfee items through Start Menu -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a program
Possible out of date drivers:
Code:
PAEAFLT fffff880`04c44000 fffff880`04c46500 Wed Sep 26 00:32:51 2007 (46f9fd13) 00009ca8 PAEAFLT.sys
SPC230NC fffff880`05868000 fffff880`058ef000 Thu Jan 03 03:13:47 2008 (477cb55b) 0008cc2c SPC230NC.SYS
PAEAFLT.sys
SPC230NC.SYS

Code:
Loading Dump File [D:\Kingston\BSODDmpFiles\NCostanza\Windows7_Vista_jcgriff2_2\Windows7_Vista_jcgriff2_2\032612-21406-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\SymCache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (2 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.17727.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.111118-2330
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c07000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02e4b650
Debug session time: Mon Mar 26 20:53:07.121 2012 (UTC - 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:32:54.777
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck BE, {fffff8800f2091f0, 137df2121, fffff88007a1f9a0, b}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\aswSnx.SYS, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSnx.SYS
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSnx.SYS
Probably caused by : luafv.sys ( luafv!LuafvNormalizeNameComponentEx+145 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY (be)
An attempt was made to write to readonly memory. The guilty driver is on the
stack trace (and is typically the current instruction pointer).
When possible, the guilty driver's name (Unicode string) is printed on
the bugcheck screen and saved in KiBugCheckDriver.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff8800f2091f0, Virtual address for the attempted write.
Arg2: 0000000137df2121, PTE contents.
Arg3: fffff88007a1f9a0, (reserved)
Arg4: 000000000000000b, (reserved)
... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/221321-bsod-system-freezes-requiring-hard-reboot-win7x64.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey all. I recently purchased a new 1.5tb hard drive. This is my 2nd attempt at buying one of these hard drives because I thought it was a fault with the drive for the issue I am about to discuss but now I am not so sure...

Problem:
After formatting and using the hard drive I now get random lock ups on my computer everything just completely hangs and then there is an audible click of the hard drive being accessed and everything continues like normal.

Tried:
-New Hard Drive, thought it was a defect so I sent it back for another
-Different sata and power cable.
-Tried Seagate tools do not appear to work. Just crashes.

I have a 600w power supply so I am fairly certain it is not a lack of power issue.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Relevancy 54.61%

I had several months ago loaded quot Card Mahjongg amp Solitaire Games quot on my wife s laptop a Compaq running Windows Vista Over the Thanksgiving holiday I loaded another purchased same game on my brother-in-law s Disc Games Requiring/Not Run Requiring to laptop computer Both computers are the same Compaq model running Win Vista I also loaded another hunting game on his computer Both games require disc insertion to run the games on my brother-in-law s laptop computer My wife s laptop does not require disc insertion to run the game loaded on it Therefore Games Requiring/Not Requiring Disc to Run I Games Requiring/Not Requiring Disc to Run would conclude that there is something associated with some setting s of my brother-in-law s computer that is requiring the disc to run the game The games were identically loaded not using any quot custom quot settings I did not have time to do any quot search quot for various settings on his computer versus my wife s computer We are many hundreds of miles apart and he and his wife are just beginning to become computer literate Does anyone have any idea s that could be of help in this situation I had seen a prior thread where it seemed to indicate that this should not happen when running similar systems at least I inferred that from the responses Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

A:Games Requiring/Not Requiring Disc to Run

While installing the game to the other computer, you propably chose some "compact" installation method, and therefore it has to load videos/sound/some other material from the disc, because it wasn't installed on the hard drive. I'd try reinstalling the game and choosing the full installation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/games-requiring-not-requiring-disc-to-run.775237/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi I have been having trouble with my freezes only error 80070490 hard shutdown; Multiple detected requiring laptop for the past year or so but have finally resolved to fix it however all the tests and checks I have Multiple freezes requiring hard shutdown; only detected error 80070490 performed have come back clean other than some issues with Windows Update and failure to upgrade to Windows I don't know yet if these are linked The Multiple freezes requiring hard shutdown; only detected error 80070490 main issue is repeated complete freeze of the computer no HDD activity requiring me to long-press the power button to resolve it This has happened - times in the past year in a range of programs sometimes with nothing running sometimes under heavy load and hot though I have now discounted overheating as the cause I also had this issue while attempting the Windows upgrade after at the start of stage Configuring Drivers or something Again I don't know if these are linked Event Viewer doesn't show any obvious pattern of errors prior to Multiple freezes requiring hard shutdown; only detected error 80070490 the freeze though I have not looked at this in too much detail It justs shows the quot critical Kernel-Power quot when I perform the power off I have performed all the tests and checks I could think of sfc DSKCHK Windows Memory Diagnostic Windows Update Readiness Tool Windows Update Diagnostic sfc initially showed an error but was able to fix it though this didn't stop the freezing issue The system update readiness tool has showed errors in the past I can't remember when sorry but claimed to fix them Windows Update Diagnostic has always reported issues including ones it cannot fix which include This error has not always been reported though and appeared to start after one of the failed windows upgrade attempts so I suspect it may not be linked to the freezes The freezes have been going on for gt months and the windows upgrade attempts have been since the start of August The first was in mid-August I tried to perform a system restore after first noticing it to a time when I knew it was not reported and though I received an error xc this appeared to work and it temporarily removed the error However after I ran Windows update on and ran WindowsUpdateDiagnostic it had returned If it helps the other Windows update error messages have mainly been c - but included FFFF E and as well as initially giving reports to failed driver updates for Intel Management Engine Interface and Realtek PCIe Family Controller I have since been through and checked all drivers for updates as a precaution and this error message hasn't recurred since I would like to firstly resolve the freezing issue and the Windows Update error if it is not linked The Windows upgrade is not a priority I have attached the CheckSUR and CBS logs they are split due to its large size apologies Thanks in advance for your assistance

A:Multiple freezes requiring hard shutdown; only detected error 80070490

After reading the BSOD thread instructions I thought attaching this might be useful.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/381980-multiple-freezes-requiring-hard-shutdown-only-detected-error-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello fellow experts My custom build computer spec in my sig is experiencing random freezes screen and cursor without going to a blue screen--necessitating manual restarts I have identified no patterns that effect this behavior browsing of internet playing graphics intensive game watching a video computer left on idle overnight etc Sometimes I get freezes over a couple of hours Other times I am able to be issue-free for up to days I've tried googling to help diagnose this issue and I've tried Fresh install of windows (no Hard files) Requiring minidump Reboot Random 7 Freezes Windows home premium bit windows updates Making sure all drivers and bios are up-to-date Replaced upgraded graphics card Replaced upgraded SSD Ran sfcnow chkdsk Windows 7 Random Freezes Requiring Hard Reboot (no minidump files) Windows Fix it graphics test memtest etc Enabled minidump files disabled automatic restarts but curiously no dump files are ever written Downloaded Speccy to monitor core temperatures Windows 7 Random Freezes Requiring Hard Reboot (no minidump files) Nothing to note all hovering around degrees As a relative computer illiterate I'm having trouble taking additional steps to further this investigation I've attached my latest event viewer log files for your kind review Can anyone help me diagnose this issue Many many thanks

A:Windows 7 Random Freezes Requiring Hard Reboot (no minidump files)

Quote:
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Wininit
Date: 13-09-2013 PM 02:07:46
Event ID: 11
Task Category: None
Level: Warning
Keywords:
User: SYSTEM
Computer: Edwin-PC
Description:
Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications.

Which antivirus do you use? Please uninstall it, at least as a test. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.
Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.

Scan the system for possible virus infection with the following programs, too.
Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller
Windows Defender Offline
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/304883-windows-7-random-freezes-requiring-hard-reboot-no-minidump-files.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have two copies of Windows 7. One is installed to C:\ - One is installed to D:\

They were both intended to be separate installations, due to a hard drive failure with C:\ .. (and Pre-startup reflects two different versions of Windows 7 to load, of which I have to choose the first one (D:\).

I've attempted to remove the C: from inside my tower, but when I do, D: will not boot up.

I am not understanding why this is happening. I have a new hard drive to use in place of C:, but my BIOS is not liking that I removed it, even though, it's not even supposed to be in use.

I need to get Windows 7 installed to my new Hard Drive, but removing the C: won't even allow me to boot the D: .. I'm using SATA connections for the hard drives.

A:Separate Win7 installs requiring both hard drives to boot 1 instance?

Please post back a screenshot of your Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/286914-separate-win7-installs-requiring-both-hard-drives-boot-1-instance.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi everyone

for the last 2 days my computer has been locking up and freezing with the data light on the computer to go into a solid state .
as for the locking up thing i mean it completley locks..mouse doesent move.. CTRL ALT DEL does nothing..only thing i can do is hit the power button untill it shuts off. I'v tried leaving it but the computer was still the same.

im running...
Hp pavilion desktop
windows 7 64bit
4gb RAM
Nvidia Geforce GT 130
500GB samsung HDD ( which i think is causing the problems )

And also i didn't mention to one thing that when I unplug the wire of Pc my BIOS didn't recognize the time and date , I have to change it myself (Not always) just when I unplug the wire .

so please help me with that im getting mad on that

A:Hard drive light goes solid and computer locks up and freeze

You seem to have a couple of issues.

Quote:
And also i didn't mention to one thing that when I unplug the wire of Pc my BIOS didn't recognize the time and date , I have to change it myself (Not always) just when I unplug the wire .

This happens when the CMOS battery is unable to keep enough charge, so when you unplug the PSU power source
+5V Standby Power also drops and clears your CMOS (BIOS).

Quote:
for the last 2 days my computer has been locking up and freezing with the data light on the computer to go into a solid state .
as for the locking up thing i mean it completley locks..mouse doesent move.. CTRL ALT DEL does nothing..only thing i can do is hit the power button untill it shuts off. I'v tried leaving it but the computer was still the same.

Hard Hangs are usually hardware related .
I would start by taking a closer look at the HDD indeed as it is the first culprit that comes to mind.

Testing the HDD:
Perform a Disk Check | Disk Check
Then Post the results following | THIS METHOD
Download SeaTools for Windows if you don't want to use a CD to test the HDD you can use YUMI – Multiboot USB Creator to create a bootable USB (instructions are found at the bottom of both pages).

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/301666-hard-drive-light-goes-solid-computer-locks-up-freeze.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Need help with this one. I shut down a computer one night, and the next day I noticed the hard drive light flashing. After examining it I could not turn it off holding the power button in, and it would not boot. Also noticed that the power supply is running. Held button in, and unplugged it, and plug it back in and can boot, but when I shut down, the same thing happens. Have not seen this one before., anyone have any ideas. Not my main computer, just one I set up for my grandkids.

A:Computer Shut Down Hard Drive And Power Supply Still Running

Most likely dying power supply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shut-down-hard-drive-and-power-supply-still-running.719189/
Relevancy 52.46%

This is not a blue screen crash. My laptop simply freezes and nothing works requiring a reboot.

One characteristic is that once the computer has been rebooted the problem won't occur again during the same day.

Further, I consistently use Hibernate rather than Shut Down, and this problem may not occur for several days if I hibernate it every night. Eventually it will freeze after being reopened from Hibernate.

However, if I do shut it down at night and boot it in the morning it always seems to freeze within the first 15 minutes of being booted. Again once rebooted it won't happen again until the next day.

I would appreciate any input someone can offer on this since it is annoying and time consuming.

Thanks,

Paul

A:Computer freezes requiring reboot

Sounds like an application on startup that's to blame to me. Have you tried using msconfig to help figure out the culprit (if there is a culprit)?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-freezes-requiring-reboot-216174.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Okay I realize this sounds completely pointless but if you could humor me that'd be great Currently I have no password set on my Windows computer I'm the only one who uses it so it's not very important I'd like to be able to 'lock' the computer when I'm getting up to leave I can still do computer a the in Can password without [SOLVED] log at to with I requiring lock s one this but since there's no password just slicking my user icon brings me back to the desktop I would like to have a password set for this but not for having to log [SOLVED] Can I lock the computer with a password without requiring one to log in at s on at startup I realize this isn't very secure since someone can just reboot the computer if they want to get in I'm not really looking for a truly secure solution Think of it more as an quot inconvenience quot for anyone tempted to snoop Honestly I don't really have any reason to believe anybody would have any reason to use my computer Like I said though Humor me if you will Can it be done Can the computer be locked with a password without requiring one at startup Thanks in advance

A:[SOLVED] Can I lock the computer with a password without requiring one to log in at s

I'd still like to know if this is possible.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-can-i-lock-the-computer-with-a-password-without-requiring-one-to-log-in-at-s-631107.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello I started my post on the web e-mail forum but I believe that I may be having more of a hardware problem I have been experiencing restarts and freeze-ups at random occurances I am running WIN GHz CPU had MB RAM now have MB ram I have been experiencing random freeze-up s and re-starts so far I have ran defrag on both hard drives on recommendation I reduced my start up to only what is needed replaced the power supply and shut down/freeze up's bought and installed a new hard drive When installing new hard drive loading operating system went well until the shut down/freeze up's final re-boot were the system locked up again After that I tried to install the cable modem software and it will freeze up everytime tried or to do this I have switched back to the original hard drive and am still experiencing the problem I checked cpu temp in the bios this mornign and it was at deg celcious I did have some freeze up re-start even after the computer was off overnight Any help would be great Thank You nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

I work on my Gateway while sitting on the couch. I surf the Internet and then watch TV. I surf a little more, and then I watch more TV. Some nights, when I slide the computer near me because I've shifted in my seat, the screen will go black and I have to push the On/Off switch until the computer shuts down. The computer, when the screen goes black, is still on, but no fingerpad strokes or combination of key stokes will turn the screen back on. Super frustrated about having to turn the computer off "the wrong way" a couple of nights a week. Any advice??? Thanks!

A:Screen shut-off requires hard shut down

Welcome to Seven forums Matthew00.
Does the screen turn off only when you move it close to you?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/185023-screen-shut-off-requires-hard-shut-down.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello all I am very new to the computer world but I found out how to set my computer to require a username and password for every user on my computer from this article Log On with User Name and Password I used option two manually changing the setting in registry editor My problem is that when I change my account name I On One Computer And Username Requiring Users Multiple Password still have to log Multiple Users On One Computer Requiring Username And Password in with the old account name My original account name was Cody but I wanted to change that to cjacks then create a new account without administrator privileges named Cody When I did this I set both accounts to have the same password now I have Multiple Users On One Computer Requiring Username And Password two accounts one named Cody and one named cjacks both with the same password but the only username I could log in with was quot Cody quot and it logged me into the account that I had just re-named cjacks The original administrator account My questions are why would I not be able to log into the newly made quot Cody quot account and why does using the username quot Cody quot log me into the account that is now named quot cjacks quot By the way when I lock my computer it goes to a login screen requiring username and password and I know that this would only allow me to login to the account that I was on when I locked my computer To login to other accounts I would theoretically push switch user and then in the next screen it asks me for a username and password and I could put in any username and password associated with any user account on the computer and it would log me into that account This will not work however Any help insight would be very much appreciated

A:Multiple Users On One Computer Requiring Username And Password

Hello and welcome Cody mate how exactly are you setting up the accounts? If you want just guest accounts then you just need to add accounts via Control Panel > User Accounts > then do as in pic.

One word of advice - if you want to retain control over the machines settings then make yourself the administrator - it saves so many problems later on. After fixing few of friends computers where the kids have had accounts on them it makes for a lot of work to dump them if you have to.

The pic is done up on my 8.1 laptop so may look slightly different on your machine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/316116-multiple-users-one-computer-requiring-username-password.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello All,

I was wondering if I could get some assistance regarding a freezing issue I'm encountering. I'm currently on Windows 8.1 and have noticed that when I leave my computer alone it will freeze completely, including the screen. I was having issues where I would put it into sleep mode only to find that it booted back up later on and froze. Then I added a screen saver instead of putting it to sleep and the issue persists.

Any suggestions on what the possible causes may be? I've recently replaced the graphics card to a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti and I'm unsure if the problems started after that.

Thanks for the help!

A:Computer Freezing and Requiring Restart from Power Button

Try going into Device Manager and deleting the card. Then reboot. Windows will detect the card and reinstall the same driver you deleted. This is a support trick that works quite often. If it does not work at least it has the virtue of being very low risk.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/71000-computer-freezing-requiring-restart-power-button.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I recently built a new computer for gaming specs posted below but it freezes completely while I play any game Specifically Skyrim or Borderlands requiring a system restart by holding the power button I've tried everything I can think of All my drivers are up play I freezes when New reboot requiring game, any computer to date I've tweaked graphics settings both basic and advanced such as setting the affinity of the games to just cores as I have seen suggested online as well as adjusting the D New computer freezes when I play any game, requiring reboot settings in the NVIDIA control panel I've run memtest and the memtest that is on the Windows disc Reformatted and reinstalled fresh Win System temps are well within limits There are other things I've tried that I can't think of at the moment but I've spent a week troubleshooting this problem with zero luck Both memtests came back clean by the way errors I have also run a chkdsk r will post the log if it will help any If anyone can help me solve this I would be so grateful System Specs Operating System Windows Home Premium bit Service Pack Motherboard Gigabyte GA- FXA-UD Revision with BIOS version F CPU AMD FX- GHz Eight Cores Ram Corsair DDR MHz x Gb GPU ASUS GeForce GTX HDD Hitachi GB in partitions Windows on C HDD Seagate TB PSU SilverStone W

A:New computer freezes when I play any game, requiring reboot

Are you using the original fan that came with that chip. If so use HW Monitor to check the CPU temperature I think you will find its not cooling the chip enough.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/new-computer-freezes-when-i-play-any-game-requiring-reboot-679143.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Computer is acting strange. Printer has several times failed to print and has required a reload os software. During one reload the HP program stopped at 96%, I ended the program with CTRL-ALT-DEL and rebooted. The HP program restarted and when I inserted the disk it completed. That was wierd. How can I check if my computer is infected. I have McAfee and microsoft security essentials but no alerts.

Bill

A:Computer acting strange; printer requiring reload

Welcome to BChas required a reload os software.Which software did you reinstall, Windows or the printer's?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/291884/computer-acting-strange;-printer-requiring-reload/
Relevancy 50.74%

I may have selected the wrong section for this and if so, I appologize.
My system loads up after a reboot/shut down and then about 30 seconds or so after it loads up, will not respond to commands. This lasts for a few seconds and then everything I click during the *frozen period* happens all at once.
Mouse seems to be working/moving across screen, just what I asked it to do, it doesn't do.
I"m ttrying to track down what is going on during that time frame that causes this odd freeze (for want of a better word). Is there something out there for novices that might help me figure out what is bottlenecking my system upon startup?

A:Brief freeze upon loading up from shut down

Try this: How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/268276-brief-freeze-upon-loading-up-shut-down.html
Relevancy 50.74%

My computer is compaq presario s3200nx, 2400+2ghz amd athlon xp processor, 256mb ddr sdram memory, 120 gb ultra dma hard drive, 32 md ddr sd ram.

Every time when I go to dial up internet, it can use, but after I disconnec the internet, it will freeze, mouse not work, key board still have light on. If I want to shut down, I have to turn off the computer manually. Or somethime it take long time to shut down.

I use norton virus 2005 to kill the virus, I use firefox for internet. In this case, should I recoverly my computer? If yes, how to recover?

Please advise what should I do.

Thank you so much for your help.

windowxp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freeze-after-using-internet-and-cant-shut-down.477691/
Relevancy 50.31%

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit (original OS when i bought the notebook, so its OEM)
age of hardware and OS about 1-2 months
dell inspiron 14R (inspiron N4010)

just got BSOD 2 days ago once, and today (twice)
at the first bsod, suddenly my keyboard unable to use, so i restart, and then the bsod happened.

BSOD occurs when start up the windows (after login screen)
the BSOD is not always happened

also sometimes, when i safely remove my removeable devices (hardisk or USB flash disk), they weren't removed from the system, but i cant acces the drive
after that, when i shut down or restart the notebook, it hangs up in the 'shutting down' screen, so i have to hold the power button to stop it
this 'unable to remove from system' problem happened about 1 weeks ago.

please help me guys. thanks for your answer/ help.

A:random BSOD and sometimes freeze on shut down

also the BSOD_Windows7_Vista_v3.01_jcgriff2_ cannot work well. I cannot find the saved folder in my documents folder
so i upload the dump manually and the event that i found as critical in my event viewer

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/100563-random-bsod-sometimes-freeze-shut-down.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello I have a then 10 gaming. shut freeze during Laptop, off problem with my Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo A Athlon notebook It is the model it is running on Windows XP Home Edition ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name FS-NOTEBOOK Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Build Service Pack Laptop, 10 freeze then shut off during gaming. xpsp sp gdr - Language Swedish Regional Setting English System Manufacturer FUJITSU SIEMENS System Model Amilo A Series BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor AMD Athlon tm Processor MMX DNow MHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab No problems found Display Tab The file ati dvag dll is not digitally signed which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs WHQL You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Music Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found Network Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D n a DirectDraw retail DirectInput n a DirectMusic n a DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name ATI MOBILITY RADEON Series Omega Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc Omega Chip type ATI MOBILITY RADEON AGP x E DAC type Internal DAC MHz Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV E amp SUBSYS F amp REV Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Allm n TV Monitor Max Res Driver Name ati dvag dll Driver Version English DDI Version or higher Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo'd No WHQL Date Stamp None VDD Saknas Mini VDD ati mtag sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B EE - D - CF- F D- A C CB Vendor ID x Device ID x E SubSys ID x F Revision ID x Revision ID x Video Accel ModeMPEG C ModeMPEG D ModeWMV B ModeWMV A ModeWMV B ModeWMV A Deinterlace Caps E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch C C - FB - F - - BF EE D Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive C DAD-CCBC- B- C - CF F A Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch Registry OK DDraw Status Enabled D D Status Enabled AGP Status Enabled DDraw Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Description Realtek AC Audio Default Sound Playback Yes Default Voice Playback Yes Hardware ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS F amp REV A Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name ALCXWDM SYS Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo'd Yes Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider Realtek Semiconductor Corp HW Accel Level Full Cap Flags xF F Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management Yes EAX tm Listen Src Yes Yes I DL tm Listen Src Yes Yes Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No Registry OK Sound Test Result Not run Description Modem nr - linjeuppspelning emulerad Default Sound Playback No Default Voice Playback No Ha... Read more

A:Laptop, 10 freeze then shut off during gaming.

Bump... :(
I really need an answer, I won't have the internet for long...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-10-freeze-then-shut-off-during-gaming-82322.html
Relevancy 49.88%

My Sony Viao VGN-SZ370P notebook computer cannot shut down automatically and completely (I have to push the power button for 5 second to turn off the power). It stays at a blank blue screen with a frozen mouse pointer. I did see this error message only once out of 50 incomplete shut down : Svchost.exe - Application Error. The instruction at "0x7c918fea" referenced memory at "0x00000010". The memory could not be "written". Used Advanced System Optimizer V2.x to try to fix the problem with no result.
Any suggestion?
Memory: 2 GB

rtsc

A:Sony Vaio VGN-SZ370P freeze during shut down

If it's a new Vaio, I would take it back and have them fix it, not shutting down could be a multitude of things, from RAM to services, and if it's under warranty, they need to fix it and they will tell you what was wrong.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-vgn-sz370p-freeze-during-shut-down.580803/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,

I have a problem that started a couple of days ago. Not sure if it's virus related or what. I noticed it shortly after upgrading to the new version of Firefox but have been unable to find any info on it.

Basically, irrespective of the application (Word, Excel, Explorer, Firefox), when I attempt to open or save or whatever requires a dialog box to open, it starts the process then freezes. Sometimes some of the files will show before freezing, sometimes not.

I've run some basic virus scans but nothing.

I have a laptop with windows 7
Running AVG for virus protection. (paid, not free)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bret

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/463317/dialog-boxes-freeze-and-cause-application-shut-down/
Relevancy 49.88%

Running win XP prof Sound card SB 24bit live. Everything is fine for about 10 min and then its ether shuts down or just freezes. When I disable it in device manager everything is fine. What could cause this ? I tried everything ..cant think of it. PLEASE HELP!!!

A:Sound driver causing to shut down or to freeze.

have you tried the latest SB drivers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-driver-causing-to-shut-down-or-to-freeze.29453/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi My mom s PC an HP will start up but then nearly every program REVO Uninstaller being the only exception I open freezes and will not close If I try to close the programs with the Task Manager the Task Manager also freezes up and will not close even if I open another Task Manager window I tried several times to restart or to shut down through the Start menu and the Task Manager but both methods failed to restart or shut down Windows After waiting for up to five minutes following various attempts I gave up and pressed the power button on the PC tower only to repeat the same steps with the same results after powering up again My mom tells me that the PC sometimes allows her to perform tasks although slowly but then other times then will programs nothing all XP down but Windows freeze up, shut boots and it behaves as I have described here She also tells me that she downloads several attachments from chain emails every day so I told her again to stop downloading and opening attachments My first suspicion is Windows XP boots up, but then all programs freeze and nothing will shut down that Google Chrome which I downloaded and installed the day before this trouble started is destabilizing Windows XP and causing everything to crash even though everything worked fine immediately after I installed Chrome I had a similar problem although slightly different Windows XP boots up, but then all programs freeze and nothing will shut down symptoms when I accidentally installed a beta version of Chrome on my own Dell PC last year After one of the hard boots of the HP machine I immediately ran Revo Uninstaller to remove Chrome Revo seemed to be running Chrome s uninstaller but then just sat there with the progress bar stuck at the same spot and the CPU apparently not being used for minutes when I finally gave up Interestingly Revo never became unresponsive but it would not progress beyond starting up Chrome s uninstaller I suppose it s possible that Revo deleted something from the registry that it shouldn t have when I was removing other programs the week before the current problem started but the trouble didn t start until almost a week after I used Revo I haven t tried a system restore because I wanted to get advice here first I m also not sure I could get the system restore utility to work for more than a minute after Windows finishes loading If Chrome and registry errors aren t the cause then I have to suspect an infection that either got in very recently or somehow eluded the following scans a few weeks before this problem started MBAM SUPERAntiSpyware Norton IS IObit avast boot-time scan Spybot S amp D CWShredder Comodo online scanner BitDefender online scanner ESET online scanner Emsisoft Emergency Kit and Emsisoft Anti-Dialer About the only thing I didn t do was scan for rootkits except whatever avast now includes in its scans because I lack the expertise to interpret the results HP Pavilion a y Celeron D processor GHz GB RAM Windows XP SP Google Chrome v with AdBlock for Chrome add-on I downloaded both from links on CNET pages avast Free Antivirus v IObit Security v with both Standard and Advanced real-time protection enabled Thank you for any help you can provide

A:Windows XP boots up, but then all programs freeze and nothing will shut down

Administrators/moderators:

Please delete or close this post. I decided to format the hard drive and reinstall Windows XP on my mother's machine. Thank you anyway and you'll always have my appreciation for helping me clean my machine a year and a half ago.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/386310/windows-xp-boots-up-but-then-all-programs-freeze-and-nothing-will-shut-down/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi Guys I am at the end of my tether with the amount of issues im having with my computer at the minute I am experiencing freezing where the whole system just halts a crash freeze where media freezing causes the computer to make a horrendous noise some with the shutdown of the computer following some requiring the computer to be terminated manually I have had BSODs from memory to Graphics Driver issues Down of Crash, Multiple BSOD, Freeze Shut Types and but am now experiencing two Multiple Types of BSOD, Crash, Freeze and Shut Down or three Parsity issues with malfunction messages I have no idea whats going on to my computer I have included the dumps and the perfmon with this post I checked the file before I uploaded and I saw that there was no AV detected on my computer despite windows displaying and recognizing Avast I look forward to some feedback and any help that can be offered in aiding me solving these issues I would rather try anything not involving a reinstall for now since I dont have a working disc drive my optic drive is broken - - quot Many thanks

A:Multiple Types of BSOD, Crash, Freeze and Shut Down

Quote: Originally Posted by Dazzletoad

Hi Guys,

I am at the end of my tether with the amount of issues im having with my computer at the minute. I am experiencing freezing where the whole system just halts, a crash freeze where media freezing causes the computer to make a horrendous noise, some with the shutdown of the computer following, some requiring the computer to be terminated manually.

I have had BSODs from memory to Graphics Driver issues but am now experiencing two or three Parsity issues with malfunction messages. I have no idea whats going on to my computer, I have included the dumps and the perfmon with this post.

I checked the file before I uploaded and I saw that there was no AV detected on my computer despite windows displaying and recognizing Avast!

I look forward to some feedback and any help that can be offered in aiding me solving these issues. I would rather try anything not involving a reinstall for now since I dont have a working disc drive, my optic drive is broken -.-"

Many thanks.

Virtually all of these are BCC 116

Quote:
"It's not a true crash, in the sense that the bluescreen was initiated only because the combination of video driver and video hardware was being unresponsive, and not because of any synchronous processing exception".

Since Vista, the "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) components of the OS video subsystem have been capable of doing some truly impressive things to try to recover from issues which would have caused earlier OSs like XP to crash.

As a last resort, the TDR subsystem sends the video driver a "please restart yourself now!" command and waits a few seconds.

If there's no response, the OS concludes that the video driver/hardware combo has truly collapsed in a heap, and it fires off that stop 0x116 BSOD.

If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating.

Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU.

Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference.

If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling.

I would download cpu-z and gpu-z (both free) and keep an eye on the video temps Let us know if you need help

STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting
Several other things.

1-Avast.

I notice your avast which is often at least a contributing cause of BSOD'S . Please remove and replace your Avast with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST
http://files.avast.com/files/eng/aswclear5.exe

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

2-Old drivers

Code:
rixdptsk.sys 11/14/2006 8:35:19 PM 0x92ae1000 0x92b32000 0x00051000 0x455a6ed7
winbondcir.sys 3/28/2007 12:51:32 AM 0x92b32000 0x92b47000 0x00015000 0x460a0264
VSTCNXT3.SYS 10/15/2008 7:29:13 PM 0x97311000 0x973c6000 0x000b5000 0x48f68ad9
VSTAZL3.SYS 10/15/2008 7:30:03 PM 0x92eff000 0x92f3c000 0x0003d000 0x48f68b0b
VSTDPV3.SYS 10/15/2008 7:32:04 PM 0x9720f000 0x97311000 0x00102000 0x48f68b84
b57nd60x.sys 4/26/2009 6:15:34 AM 0x92a5f000 0x92a9b000 0x0003c000 0x49f44256
iaStor.sys 6/4/2009 8:42:33 PM 0x8b039000 0x8b113000 0x000da000 0x4a287809
iaNvStor.sys 7/1/2009 7:54:06 PM 0x8adb1000 0x8adfc000 0x0004b000 0x4a4c052e
How To Find Drivers:

Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/progra... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/202558-multiple-types-bsod-crash-freeze-shut-down.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey,

So I walked away with my computer and returned and oddly it was off. I had my iphone plugged in and Chrome was running.

I then turned my PC on again and then it Randomly froze went to a black screen and shut down. The HDD Activity light turned a solid blue (no flicking just constantly light up). I have no idea whats happening and It's scaring me since this is my first ever Custom build.

The HDD's i have install are:

Primary for OS etc: 128GB Sandisk SSD
Secondary for files: Seagate Baracudda 1TB

Other hardware is:
Corsair CX600M - PSU
i7 4770 - CPU
Gigabyte GA H87M DRH - Motherboard
MSI R7770 - GPU
16GB G-Skill Ripjaws - RAM

It's only just happened as of now. The computer otherwise runs perfectly fine and I built it about 2 weeks ago. This has occured maybe 3 times as of total.

All help is appreciated

Thanks

A:Win 7 Random freeze & Shut down (HDD Light, lights up solid blue)

Please check in C:\Windows\Minidump for files with a .dmp extension. Do any exist?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/316858-win-7-random-freeze-shut-down-hdd-light-lights-up-solid-blue.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi all Been having a strange problem with my PC over the last two weeks but I ve got no idea what s causing it It can work fine for an entire Slow Time Freeze, Down Huge Shut Performance, Random Temp day and then suddenly it will freeze for Random Temp Freeze, Slow Performance, Huge Shut Down Time a second or so and then begin having problems It freezes momentarily every - seconds including audio mouse movement keyboard input etc It also suffers drops in performance as folders fail to load browser doesn t respond etc Sometimes the issue resolves itself after - minutes other times it has persisted through several restarts It s also caused shut downs to take upwards of minutes on - occasions I ve included my DXDiag if that s any use If there s anything other information that will help me resolve the problem please do let me know Very grateful for any help or advice Cheers Code ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer System manufacturer System Model System Product Name BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting DPI percent System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GTX Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GTX DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model unknown Monitor Id HKC Native Mode x p Hz Output Type HD Driver Name nvd dumx dll nvwgf umx dll nvwgf umx dll nvd dum nvwgf um nvwgf um Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo'd Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B E E- C - CF-E - CC C Vendor ID x DE Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x A Driver Strong Name oem inf NVIDIA SetA Devices NTamd Section pci ven de amp dev Rank Of Driver E Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C ModeVC C ModeWMV C Deinterlace Caps CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev F... Read more

Relevancy 46.01%

Description:

if a program i run is freezing, the whole computer freezes to the point where i can't input anything except Alt-Control-Delete but if i chose "Task Manager" it does not open on the front, but i can see it on the taskbar, i can even see the vista sidebar ticking but i cannot contol anything that happens.

it only happens when a program enters an infinite loop (or becoming idle any other way)...
when i program, and my program freezes, i have to restart the computer (sometimes clicking log-off on the Alt-Control-Delete works, but sometimes it doesn't)
since i like to program, i can't restart the computer every time my program freezes, and it is a huge hassle to restart the pc every time my computer freezes

i already tried fixing the registry with tuneup registry scanner and i thought about system restore but it turns out i don't have any system restore points

A:Computer Freeze at every software freeze

Are you using a lot of resources? If you enable error reporting instead of a constant loop, it should give you an error message that you can post herehttp://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc709644.aspx

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/181900/computer-freeze-at-every-software-freeze/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi I recently bought Toshiba Satellite Pro L D- laptops one for me and one for my parents I have been setting both of them up They both came with down screen- 'stop shut down shut to Computer protect' windows screen OR on restarts has blue Vista and as Toshiba instructs I made recovery discs and then I downgraded to XP It appeared to go smoothly enough but then when I shut down either computer they would automatically restart The only way to shut either down completely is to hold my finger down on the power button What I have taken to doing Computer restarts on shut down OR blue screen- 'stop windows has shut down to protect' screen is allowing it to shut down then as I hear the fans re-activate I then hold down the button and it shuts down properly At first I thought this was a Toshiba problem so I checked their website and I rang them a couple of times They talked me through a couple of different options and in Toshiba Modem in the Device Manager I unchecked a box that said restart on standby or something This didn t solve the problem I rang again we did other things sorry for lack of information but as I now believe it is a Windows problem I don t really think anything they said or did for me was of much help Anyway both computers still restarted when I shut them down so I googled it and on a Microsoft forum came up with Right click on My Computer go into Properties click on Start up and failure uncheck box that says automatic restart I don t claim to know much about computers but I imagine the point of that little system is that when something is going wrong the computer restarts Anyway unchecked box shut down laptop Got a big scary blue screen It said along with explaining that the reason for the screen was because either hardware or software was not installed properly and basically the screen was there because of a problem KERNAL DATA INPAGE ERROR then there was the explanation of having the screen becasue of a problem then STOP X A XC B C XC A XF BOE X C ati mtag sys- Address F BOE base at F E E Datestamp Now I have been looking and googling and checking I did a chkdsk and it appeared things were ok they aren t I m fearing I m about to be told I need to reload XP on both computers and if that is the answer well what did I do wrong last time that I need to do differently Or is there just a virus I need to dig deeper to get rid of I have free versions of A-squared AVG and Spy Bot I was using a free trial of MacAfee but it got too annoying with it s constant offers of renewal that I uninstalled it The problem was here before and after uninstalling it When XP had finished loading there was a black screen thing like when you type cmd into run They weren t doing anything so I ignored and then closed them did I in doing so stop XP from completely loading and then lead myself into all this hassle The computer runs slow and freezes but I live in the sticks and the internet isn t too hot out here so I put some of it down to that There appears to be a slight delay on sound although I have them all turned off but there are of course some things that go ping and it appears they do so a second or late HAving said that I watch movies etc and there is no sound delay on them Is this too much information Are you bored my knight in shining armour Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks Ailbhe

A:Computer restarts on shut down OR blue screen- 'stop windows has shut down to protect' screen

Hi .Ati2mtag.sys is a video driver, installed for any system possessing an ATI video card/chip.http://www.file.net/process/ati2mtag.sys.htmlHaving possessed various ATI cards previously...I can attest that yours is a fairly common situation. I suspect that the driver has been somehow damaged and needs to be replaced by an undamaged version.What I would do is, once the system boots, remove the installed video drivers (using Device Manager)...then reboot and reinstall the drivers.How to update a Windows hardware driver - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-update-a-windows-hardware-driver/ The STOP0X0000007A noted in the error message...indicates that this is a hardware error. Component drivers are considered hardware, so I would try the uninstall/reinstall for the video drivers.As for shutdown problems...every version of Windows has those. Some have solutions, others are more obtuse. You might take a look at Troubleshoot XP Shutdown Problems (MS) - http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308029 AND Troubleshooting Windows XP Shutdown Issues - http://www.theeldergeek.com/shutdown_issues_in_xp.htm If you read through the links provided, you will see that the suggestions made by Toshiba personnel...followed a known, logical sequence.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/210315/computer-restarts-on-shut-down-or-blue-screen-stop-windows-has-shut-down-to-protect-screen/
Relevancy 45.15%

Pretty sure I ve some form of Malware Spyware I can t seem to get it off so here I am It takes a long time to shut down my start bar theme will change back to default on occasion as well My browser is being hijacked to a site which claims I ve won a Walmart gift card Also my Google results are being redirected If I m in my browser for long enough suddenly I won t be able to pull up new websites everything stops loading although my computer says I m still connected to the internet Browser down. Frequent Connection Slow freeze searches up/shut Hijack/Malware. ups. Google redirected. time-outs requirin... boot says that the server took too long to respond and a restart is necessary Please help DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Crazz at on Mon Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Running Processes C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Spyware Doctor BDT BDTUpdateService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system Browser Hijack/Malware. Google searches redirected. Slow boot up/shut down. Frequent freeze ups. Connection time-outs requirin... nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Amazon Amazon Unbox Browser Hijack/Malware. Google searches redirected. Slow boot up/shut down. Frequent freeze ups. Connection time-outs requirin... Video ADVWindowsClientService exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe Browser Hijack/Malware. Google searches redirected. Slow boot up/shut down. Frequent freeze ups. Connection time-outs requirin... C Program Files DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Amazon Amazon Unbox Video ADVWindowsClientSystemTray exe C Program Files Common Files Sonic Shared CineTray exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C WINDOWS system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice bin C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Crazz Desktop dds scr C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs Pseudo HJT Report BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO PC Tools Browser Guard BHO a f d b- - ff -b - cce e - c program files spyware doctor bdt PCTBrowserDefender dll BHO Skype add-on for Internet Explorer ae - e c- ed - f b-f f a - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer skypeieplugin dll BHO FrostWire Toolbar d c f- a- -a ad- d - c program files ask com GenericAskToolbar dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB FrostWire Toolbar d c f- a- -a ad- d - c program files ask com GenericAskToolbar dll TB PC Tools Browser Guard ea- a- b-adf - d e cc - c program files spyware doctor bdt PCTBrowserDefender dll uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe quot background uRun MsnMsgr quot c program files msn messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background uRun Google Update quot c documents and settings crazz local settings application data google update GoogleUpdate exe quot c uRun Steam quot c program files steam Steam exe quot -silent uRun VeohPlugin quot c program files veoh networks veohwebplayer veohwebplayer exe quot uRun Windows Host c documents and sett... Read more

A:Browser Hijack/Malware. Google searches redirected. Slow boot up/shut down. Frequent freeze ups. Connection time-outs requirin...

I realize I'm not supposed to bump, but I really need help here, and it has been nearly a week. Please help me, I don't want to reinstall my OS!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/367052/browser-hijackmalware-google-searches-redirected-slow-boot-upshut-down-frequent-freeze-ups-connection-time-outs-requiring-restarts/
Relevancy 44.29%

specs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack or responsive. non shut will start ups, Programs non freeze become Slow or up downs responsive bit Processor AMD Athlon X Dual Slow start ups, shut downs or non responsive. Programs will freeze up or become non responsive Core Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ECS Nettle Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Disabled Hey everyone So my PC began acting up and I have a feeling it started when I was looking for video editing software and came across a video editor called quot softonicdownloader for Windows-live-movie-maker exe quot I m sure it s a virus or something because problems with my PC began shortly after getting this I deleted and uninstalled what I could went into safe mode and ran the latest updated version of malware bytes It got infected files that were deleted After doing so I had little success Here are still the issues with the PC Desktop and start menu programs won t respond Can be clicked and the arrow with hourglass will show up but with no response Sometimes clicking on them will freeze and lock up Sometimes they will but it is only after several manual shut downs If it does respond such as clicking on internet explorer upon closing out the program it will not respond again without a manual shut down Boot up is a lot slower will stay on quot Loading your personal settings quot Takes longer than it usually would Shut down is slower or will freeze All desktop items and desktop will be clear leaving just background as usual before a shut down and will freeze leaving the arrow cursor still there Sometimes it can get past this after a wait and get stuck on the blue quot Windows is shutting down quot screen And never shut down This requires a manual shut down by pressing the PC s button Start menu icon sometimes can t be clicked Would require me to manually shut it down and turn it back on with a chance of it working if it can sometimes it will lock up after selecting a program from it sometimes freezing the entire PC up or the start menu will just be stuck on screen for the remainder of it s use Right clicking start to explore causes a slower start up of folders leaving folders that usually automatically expand not expanded System restore will not work Even from safemode It will result in quot System restore could not be completed quot Some programs will cause a blue screen error that appears and quickly disappears saying it s a atapi sys error of some sort While running GMER to scan it would cause this unless I ran it on safemode hope the log for GMER on safemode is ok I have an extra attached image of a windows report error as well Sometimes if a program opens such as a video game it will freeze shortly after or not be responsive Ctrl alt delete will not work and using the windows flag to get out will also not work Cursor and sound will still function I also did get this error during a quot Send error quot alert message that I will attach Haven t got it again I don t know if I still have a virus or a bug if not I m still feeling the affects of whatever it is Any help for these issues would be appreciated DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by D at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated BCF -A - -AEDE-D FCBCFCDF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C WINDOWS System ... Read more

A:Slow start ups, shut downs or non responsive. Programs will freeze up or become non responsive

Greetings and Welcome to The Forums!!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I have put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of usPlease do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster. NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of hartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer. NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.Security CheckDownload Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.-AdwCleaner-Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Delete.Confirm each time with Ok.Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.Please post the content of that logfile with your next answer.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.--RogueKiller-- Download & SAVE to your Desktop RogueKiller or from here
Quit all programs that you may have started. Please disconnect any USB or external drives from the computer before you run this scan! For Vista or Windows 7, right-click and select "Run as Administrator to start"For Windows XP, double-click to start. Wait until Prescan has finished ... Then Click on "Scan" button Wait until the Status box shows "Scan Finished"click on "delete" Wait until the Status box shows "Deleting Finished" Click on "Report" and copy/paste the content of the Notepad into your next reply.The log should be found in RKreport[1].txt on your DesktopExit/Close RogueKiller+Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/469954/slow-start-ups-shut-downs-or-non-responsive-programs-will-freeze-up-or-become-non-responsive/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi there,

For a little while now I have had trouble with my computer locking up randomly, this usually occurs while I am watching a video of some sort or playing a video game. But I have also come back to it being on with nothing running only to find it has locked up again. These lock up require that I hard reset the computer in order to un-freeze it. I have tried several debugging techniques such as Running Memtest86+ for 18 hours even though the ram I have is relatively new. I have also tried wiping both of my hard drives, the SSD and 1TB slave drive, then clean installing windows 10. At this point I am just not sure what it could be and would appreciate any help or friendly advice. Thank you.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/62315-hard-freezes-seem-random.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hey all,

I have a VAIO VGN-FS940 and upgraded it to 2GB RAM a long time ago. The laptop freezes at absolutely random times, no matter what the CPU is doing and what the RAM load is... for this reason, I dont get the bluescreen and don't have any logs for the "crash"...when restarting, win7 doesn't show me the error code or anything...
it happens about once, if not twice a week... not too annoying, but i'd like to get that fixed should I ever work on something important...

What's there to do if I don't have logs attached?

A:Hard freeze on VAIO

Gipfeli, go to C:/Windows/Minidumps
Are there any dumps in there? If so, please post them.

Also, can you boot into BIOS and check your temperatures and fans please?

~Lordbob

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/55869-hard-freeze-vaio.html
Relevancy 43.43%

A hard freeze occours during gameplay accompanied by a buzzing sound if sound was present during the freeze The computer becomes non-responsive and the only option available is to crash it This started last week and has so far effected all games I ve attempted to run all games worked perfectly before Laptop ASUS G SW-A O S Windows Home Premium CPU Intel I - QM GHz GPU Nvidia GeForce GTX M GB DriectX Version RAM GB HDD GB I ve combed through error reports but this issue doesn t seem to generate any and the only events relating to this is for the hard shutdown All my drivers are up to date and have been for ages before this occoured I ve had this laptop for a few mouths now with no problems this just started last week The only abnormal thing that happened prior to this is a windows update Concidering a botched update I precceeded to download and install all current updates but it didn t fix the issue So far Hard During Freeze Gameplay I ve tried two games both suffering the same error I have concidered trying other games but have been reluctant to do so Games Black and White Sims I ve googled this issue in an attempt to find a solution but all Hard Freeze During Gameplay problems matching this in almost every detail seem to be occouring with new installations of windows on desktop computers I really don t know what is causing this but I want it fixed What s the good of a new gaming laptop if I won t play games Please someone help me nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

Hi

The system started freezing when I was watching videos on VLC and WMP, usually 20 min into the movie/clip. The screen freezes completely and the sound from the movie/clip gets distorted and looped until I hard reboot. This has also occuried some times now and then even when browsing pictures on this forum. However it has never frozen when I watch a stream on youtube or other streaming sites. Does this sound like something that could be fixed?

Here are my specs:

Operating System :Windows 7 Home Premium Home Edition Media Center 6.01.7600 (32-bit)
Mainboard : Acer JM70
Chipset : Intel PM45
Processor : Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T6600 @ 2200MHz
Physical Memory : 4096MB (2 x 2048 DDR3-SDRAM )
Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce GT 130M
Hard Disk 1: Hitachi HTS545050B9A300 (500GB)
Hard Disk 2: Hitachi HTS545050B9A300 (500GB)

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

A:Win 7 freeze have to hard reboot

Hello Soultaco and Welcome to SF !

There are few things you need to do to find out what the problem is.

1, First thing we need to reboot the System in Selective Startup Run Selective Startup using System Configuration

2, Check the Temps in you System lets make sure it's not Heat issue use Speedfan application

3, Run a Hardware Diagnostic (Hard drive & Memory) follow this link for instructions Hardware Diagnostic !! ? Captain Debugger

Report us back the results

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/136144-win-7-freeze-have-hard-reboot.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have had this gaming laptop for some time Toshiba Qosmio X for a decent amount of time less than a year Well I ve always been able to run graphic intensive games and what-not very well but recently some shut on Hard games down during some games my computer just hard shuts down out of nowhere Examples of this are Hard shut down on some games DayZ mod of Arma TERA-Online and Civ which strangely I can run on DX perfectly fine but when run with DX it does it I m not sure what s causing it but I will be happy to download w e programs are required and link the text files I figured these errors may help diagnose the problem The SBSD Security Center Service service depends the following service wscsvc This service might not be installed The Common Client Job Manager Service service terminated with service-specific error - - System - Provider Name Service Control Manager Guid d -a d - - e e- d f EventSourceName Service Control Manager - EventID Qualifiers Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Correlation - Execution ProcessID ThreadID Channel System Computer Maliceo Security nbsp

A:Hard shut down on some games

Also should add that I ran an Updated Malwarebyte's full scan, got no threats. Did the same with Spybot after, same, nothing there...so I'm no PC expert at all but my ideas are either a DirectX issue somehow :-\

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-shut-down-on-some-games.183488/
Relevancy 43.43%

I just installed Windows XP on a new hard drive. Problem is, I set it to shut down after 1 hour. But it never shuts down. I set it to also go to screen saver after 15 min and that works fine. It just does not shut down the hard drives. I've re set it several times and saving it each time. It used to work fine with the previous hard drive.

A:Hard drive shut down

Boot into Setup (Bios) go to Peripherals and Power Settings. Make sure Power Savings are Enabled

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hard-drive-shut-down-688411.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Recently my computer won't shut the hard drive down. When I use the turn off "computer command" it goes through all the steps to shut down but when the hard drive is suppose to shut down all it does is boot backup. So what I have been doing is waiting till the hard drive is suppose to turn off and I hear the boot beep I just turn the power
strip off.
No problems when I get ready to start up.
The other day I ran my defrag program and when I shut down, the hard drive shut down like it is suppose to do. When I booted back up to use some programs and got ready to shut down it started doing the same thing, no hard drive shut down by computer command .
Whats up?
Thanks Vet

A:Hard drive shut down

odd, have you run virus scans for starter? its probably something else but its worth a shot... maby you could do a system restore also, have any restore points ? or the windwos CD ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-shut-down.624339/
Relevancy 43.43%

I installed a nd hard drive My main drive is a Maxtor Gig and I wanted a nd drive to try dual boot with linux or just add more space maybe make it my main drive My son gave me a Gig Seagate Barracuda and it seemed to install okay My other son wanted to transfer Gigs of files to it off of his laptop and it kept stopping and then I lost my monitor I had to restart to get the transfer and the monitor going again This happened a number of times I tried shutting off any standby settings in either the monitor or the BIOS settings or Windows and then I thought I'd fixed it But by that time we'd already transferred the files I tried watching movies on the drive 2nd shut W2K causes hard down drive before and it kept stopping and I lost sound until I restarted But it would do the same thing periodically again I left it alone for a while not using it but just having it as a back-up drive just in case But just today I tried using it 2nd hard drive causes W2K shut down to transfer files to and it happened again It just shut down with 2nd hard drive causes W2K shut down only the message Windows is shutting down and then bam it 2nd hard drive causes W2K shut down was off So I tried doing some maintenance on the drive like disk cleanup It was in the middle of assessing the space it would free up on the drive if I ran cleanup and it suddenly shut down again So basically no matter what I do with this drive it shuts down the system after a few minutes And after shutting down I tried to reboot and several times it wouldn't get through the boot process AND the monitor wouldn't come up No beeps either So after a couple of hard shutdowns with the on-off switch I finally got it to come back up but as soon as I tried using the new drive it shut down again If I disconnect the drive just using the main drive everything runs as usual The system is about ten years old Manufacturer ShuttleModel Mv OS Win CPU Ram GHz MBVideo Card S Graphics ProSavageDDRSound Card VIA AC' Enhanced Audio Controller WDM

A:2nd hard drive causes W2K shut down

You Motherboard BIOS may not be 48LBA Complient, ie it does not support hard drives greater than 130GBish:http://www.48bitlba.com/

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-2000/2nd-hard-drive-causes-w2k-shut-down/66047.html
Relevancy 43.43%

What does power options do to shutdown hard drives? Can I emulate the commands?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hard-drive-shut-down-501839.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have Windows 8 and using XP Dell 4550 series. At times my computer goes down suddenly. I just noticed percisely in standby mode, I wanted to return to web and e-mail but it just just down. This happened before some other time, but not in stand by. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks.

Relevancy 43%

Hi all,

You were all so helpful in getting me through my last Win10 experience that I decided to give it another go

I just finished upgrading my kids' PC from Win7 to Win10, and since the upgrade the system has been hard-freezing -- no responsiveness from mouse or keyboard, screen frozen in place.

I'd heard that there may be issues with USB drivers (since the motherboard is fairly old), so I reinstalled the latest from Gigabyte earlier today, but no dice.

Any advice would as always be appreciated! Thanks in advance,

--Gem

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/52213-hard-freeze-after-win10-upgrade.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi i have a Asus M vr-ap c with Vista Business Sp and some updates i have updated the intel wifi driver to fix some issues but i have still one problem Sometimes Vista will freeze and i must hard reboot to recover no bsod or event viewer entries except it shutdown unexpectedly eg monday was on for hours going into sleep twice no issues Friday Vista to help freeze reboot fix, hard must Froze was watching a flv meg file from hdd sound went into repeat What was running msn thunderbird avast asus utilities was fast until freeze Because the way it freezes i can lose work i don't wont to lose work A mate with the same laptop and configuration like mine and doesn't have this issue only a few differences he has more things installed and running in memory and Vista freeze must hard reboot to fix, help a netgear router wrn i got a Dlink dir If there anymore details plz ask going to work sat - pm i never really get program crash's only this problem Vista freeze must hard reboot to fix, help Thanks Gaggaz

A:Vista freeze must hard reboot to fix, help

There are already al lot of thread about Vista hanging "without" reasons. Just use the search option. Keep knowledge bundled! Look into your logfiles (admin tools) and see if you have the same issues. The worst of all is often... nothing to do about it if MS keeps ignoring the problems!:

vista freezes randomly
Error in Event Viewer
Desktop Freezes and I must restart the computer
Vista Locks Up Randomly
Vista randomly hangs

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/211940-vista-freeze-must-hard-reboot-fix-help.html
Relevancy 43%

OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU P GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Mb Sony Freeze Vaio Hard Hard Drives C Total - MB Sony Vaio Hard Freeze he Free - MB Motherboard Sony Corporation VAIO N A N A Antivirus Norton Updated and Enabled I have a problem with my computer freezing for anywhere from seconds to over a minute The hard drive light does not light up and nothing will work When it starts back up it is like there was no problem I have had this computer into Sony twice for this problem it is under extended warranty so it can go back again I will send it back if necessary but I would like to either not have to or be able to direct them in their efforts to fix the computer So far I have had the heat sink replaced the fan cleaned and the hard drive replaced I have tried changing the power setting to high performance I have removed and reinstalled usb drivers I have upgraded from Windows Vista bit to Windows ultimate bit The problem still persists I am not an expert and do not know terminology well but I can usually handle most problems I have checked all my drivers to make sure that they are up to date including bios Any suggestions As additional information there is no specific activity that seems to make the freeze happen nbsp

A:Sony Vaio Hard Freeze

When it starts back up it is like there was no problemClick to expand...

I have had this issue on a Sony and solved by going through all the startups and processes and removing anything not required
its possible its Norton, updating

so is windows 7 a genuine copy ?

I have a problem with my computer freezing for anywhere from 10 seconds to over a minuteClick to expand...

any particular time ?

is not a trail version or have you paid up for a full subscription

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-hard-freeze.997156/
Relevancy 43%

Okay to start out I m running a laptop with Windows XP Home Pentium III Mhz MB RAM S Graphics Savage IX MB Freeze Counter-Strike Hard Obviously those aren t ideal specs for running CS so Counter-Strike Hard Freeze I take it down to the bare-bones when running the game well generally too -- I close every non-critical application and process including Explorer which lets me idle at under MB The game runs pretty speedily no problems there But I m getting random hard freezes where computer s completely dead and I can t do anything except press the power button when playing It used to be that I d get these every now and then when playing but now they usually hit within a couple of seconds of getting into the actual game That is I can run the game fine before launching a map selecting a team and actually playing but after that it freezes I ve tried this on offline training missions and this happens so it has nothing to do with online play Recently I haven t be able to get past the first few seconds of play but in the past it would last up to long periods before freezing In case it s pertinent I run OpenGL graphics and have DirectX installed I also have the newest drivers for my graphics card though those are old and it s a card anyway -- I don t think any of that s an issue though since I can sometimes get the game to run fine for long periods Any thoughts Thanks kerely nbsp

A:Counter-Strike Hard Freeze

Well first off lets make sure it isn't your video card.
Try running CS in Software Rendering Mode. So that it doesn't use your Video Card at all. Does the problem still occur? If it does then your video card isn't the problem.
OpenGL mode is supposedly the most unstable of the 3 modes supported by CS. So it might also be a good thing to try playing in Direct3d mode.
You might want to check your install of DX is all good and proper. Go to Run and type 'dxdiag' to bring up DX. But I'm pretty sure that it will be all set up right. But its still worth a look.
Often complete freezing is caused by heat problems. But chances are if your using a laptop you would already know if it's a heat issue as your hands would be feeling quite hot after resting on the keyboard.
You mentioned you closed all backgrounds tasks. But I still think it won't hurt to post your StartUpLog. The freezing could be caused by a conflict with another program running. Go here for a useful program to copy a log of your StartUp: http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/
Posting that here might prove useful.
Ok, good luck.
Also, have you noticed any problems with other games? Or is this absolutely specific to CS.
You didn't mention it, but I'm assuming you have the latest CS version, as you've been playing online. And its pretty hard to find a non CS 1.5 server. Head to http://www.counter-strike.net to get the latest version. Make sure you get the right version. I'm pretty sure you have the retail version, as you mentioned the training offline levels.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/counter-strike-hard-freeze.127776/
Relevancy 43%

I am trying to erase all of the data on my hard disk using an OS based off of linux...And It says my hard drive is frozen. How do I unfreeze it? It is a 3 month old Western Digital Scorpio 500gb 5400 rpm 2.5" disk. Please help me!

A:How to get a hard drive out of freeze mode?

If you have a single hard drive, I would recommend just using DBAN. I believe it'll ignore any and all parameters you've managed above.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/151816-how-get-hard-drive-out-freeze-mode.html
Relevancy 43%

Greetings I hope you are Freeze - Otherwise rendering video while Hard okay all having a great summer I was until my computer started hanging during video rendering I've attached the logs generated by the DM Hard Freeze while rendering video - Otherwise okay log collector tool Here is the short version I successfully do quite a lot of thrashing around on my computer XAMPP server for web development Adobe CC for video and graphic work and some gaming Mainly World of Tanks Warships and BF Most of my video work is for hockey teams so I am regularly rendering long clips from to minutes in long - GB in size Rendering video is starting to cause some frequent crashes I can edit okay but the final renders are hanging Not a BSOD but a locked up computer and I have to do a forced restart As well as Premiere and After Effects I sometimes us a small app to batch merge video files called Aunsoft Video Converter which for the past years has worked great and it acknowledges the CUDA cores on my eVGA Ti video card Premiere CC also recognizes the CUDA cores and allows me to turn on the Mercury Playback Engine for GPU acceleration Short of rebuilding my system I'm not sure what to try in the troubleshooting department I'm hoping someone on the forum can help get me pointed in the right direction Thanks a lot Randy Crane GADGET-Mon zip

A:Hard Freeze while rendering video - Otherwise okay

Hi,

I am extremely sorry that this thread was not attended to. There are not many people in this field.

In case you still require help, kindly respond to this thread and I will be notified via email and you should expect a response from me in 48 hours.

Regards,
Pranav

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/68615-hard-freeze-while-rendering-video-otherwise-okay.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi All This is the first time I have posted on a Blog if there is eticut that I am not displaying that would be why I ll get better I bought a Western Digital My Book GB External Hard drive for my system The idea was to install software that would allow me to have the system Image Backed up regularly The problem at this point is that the Window XP operating system freezes up if the External Hard Drive is attached via USB If I plug in the Hard Drive after the fact there is no concern Okay your turn what the heck is going Boot Hard Drive on freeze on lol Hard Drive freeze on Boot Below is a picture of my system if it is of any help Also where would I be best to look for the software to perform the mentioned task Thanx for all help Gary Carter aka st Marine Operating System System Model Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack build Intel Corporation Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz Intel Pentium kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Board Intel Corporation D PERL AAC - Serial Number AZRL Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Intel Corp RL A A P Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space HP CD-Writer CD-ROM drive Optiarc DVD RW AD- A CD-ROM drive quot format removeable media Floppy drive WDC WD JB- REA Hard drive GB -- drive s n WD-WCANKE rev K SMART Status Healthy Megabytes Installed Memory Slot J G has MB Slot J G is Empty Slot J H has MB Slot J H is Empty Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free d NTFS on drive GB GB free Network Drives None detected Users mouse over user name for details Printers

A:Hard Drive freeze on Boot

Hi .There are all sorts of options for backing up systems/files. You need to review some basics, then decide in which direction you want to go. Plenty of software options available.Backup Options - http://www.onecomputerguy.com/install/backup.htm Implementing a backup strategy - http://www.pcug.org.au/boesen/Backups/backups.htm My interpretation, may be incorrect but...When XP begins the boot process, an inventory is conducted quickly of connected components. If a component is connected (such as a USB-connected drive) and powered on...I believe that XP sees it as a potential boot device (what other reason could it be powered on for, at this stage?) and this tends to stop the boot process, while XP tries to figure out what is going on (siince it's not a boot device because it has no Windows install).The simple solution is to turn on/connect USB-powered devices after the boot process is complete.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/251870/hard-drive-freeze-on-boot/
Relevancy 43%

I have never been able to operation windows on my desktop computer always thought it was a hard drive issue days ago I get a brand new HDD or windows freeze 8 8.1 hard constant and SSD for main OS and low and behold it is the same windows 8 or 8.1 constant hard freeze issue every time I try to install windows or it either during or after the installation it completely locks up freezes if I'm playing music it's stuck can't windows 8 or 8.1 constant hard freeze move mouse heck with my old hard drive I literally pulled out my hard drive was looking at my hard drive in my hand and windows on the screen frozen this seems too iffy to not be a coincidence but I got windows to work magically no idea how and when I open device manager it says my PCI lan controller driver is missing I went online and found it on gigabyte with my motherboard z -d -b and found the driver tried installing it FROZE hard reset tried installing again FROZE for as I went looking for a solution I came across an article that said do not update z -d -b bios to eufi and of course I did about the time windows came out many people have had problems with the eufi update but could this cause my computer to crash at completely random times it's not my hard drives I know that for a fact I took out my laptop HDD with windows on it and I connected it to my desktop and it still froze used other HDD and SSD with windows and windows I tried both pirated and legit copies I have a key for win and win just no CD I am completely lost with this MOBO windows works perfectly fine zero problems let me know if I can give any more information so we can try to fix this problem I've looked all over the web no one seems to have the same problem I saw posts that told be to turn off HPET I did no result Saw a post to turn on Hyper-V in windows I did just before it froze no result If there's anything you guys know please help I'm in no way a noob with computers I have been around and using them for years now software issues are no problem but this has me stumped to no end

A:windows 8 or 8.1 constant hard freeze

It could be your memory, have you ran any tests on that?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/47228-windows-8-8-1-constant-hard-freeze.html
Relevancy 43%

my computer has been the same hard games freeze few after All seconds for about months now and has worked perfectly Now since last night all my graphic intensive games like Warhammer Online Dead Space and Team Fortress - but only once i join a server and start playing freeze a few seconds after starting them and I have to manually reboot the computer by holding the power button down Nothing shows up in the event viewer also i have tried all other solutions i could find on this site Tomorrow my friend is coming over with a different video card to check to see if thats the problem but untill then i was wondering if there is anything else i All games hard freeze after few seconds should do or check -not overheating -scaned the hard drive with the drive fitness test from hitachi which is my HDs brand -cleaned my comp with compressed air made sure there was no build up of dust or dirt -updated all the drivers that i knew about -scaned for viruses with Mcafee -removed my ram one stick at a time and each time checking to see if the problem presisted -not overclocked -Unplugged my extra CD drive floppy drive and side fan to free up some power to see if that was the problem none of these helped at all nbsp

A:All games hard freeze after few seconds

Download and run CCleaner

Then run Memtest on your Ram

Note: CCleaner may fix it on its own

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/all-games-hard-freeze-after-few-seconds.114577/
Relevancy 43%

Hello all I am trying to pinpoint the source of why my computer hard freezes can t move the mouse My specs Win XP Pro AMD Athlon mhz Hardware Hard Problem Freeze MB Ram GB IBM and GB Maxtor HD Netgear FA Fast Ethernet Card dfx Voodoo Graphics Card Every once in a Hard Freeze Hardware Problem while my computer will hard feeze I can t con-alt-del to restart I have to hit the power restart button I find that Hard Freeze Hardware Problem these crashes will Hard Freeze Hardware Problem often occur in succession After a crash another crash is more likely to occur If I turn my computer off for a while the crashes are less likely to occur again This leads me to believe it is some sort of overheating problem The crashes don t occur with any specific application although they are a bit more likely to happen when I run media video flash java photoshop However sometimes my computer will hard freeze on the windows splash screen always after a reboot from a previous crash outlook normal web browsing etc I have been experiencing this problem for over years Thinking it was a s w problem I reformatted my HD and replaced Win SE with Win XP The problems still occur leaving me to rule out a s w problem I believe I have some sort of hardware defect perhaps with the video card motherboard or ram My question is--how can I be sure Do you folks have any suggestions Is there a log on XP that tracks hard freezes that can help me pinpoint the problem Thank you for your help --Mars nbsp

Relevancy 43%

For the past 2 days my laptop keeps freezing approx. 5 min after I start up in normal mode.  Mouse wont move, ctl-al-delete is unresponsive.  Only way to exit is a hard power off.  Freezes occur when left idle, also when online and also during full scans.

I have tried the following programs with no success:
AVG scan
Malbytes Anti Malware - multiple full and partial scans
Super Anti Spyware Professional - multiple full and partial scans

The only way to successfully operate my laptop is in safe mode, but I have occasionally  experienced hard freezes in safe mode as well...  Usually when I leave my laptop idle during a long full scan -

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have exhausted my options.  Thank you

A:Windows 7 - Constant Hard Freeze - Please help

Boot into safe mode with networking.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515664/windows-7-constant-hard-freeze-please-help/
Relevancy 43%

I d been putting off applying the latest round of M updates SP2 hard after console XP login Pro freeze to my OS until today So I installed them told the system XP Pro SP2 hard freeze after console login to reboot and left for lunch I came back to find the usual GINA window asking XP Pro SP2 hard freeze after console login me to press Ctrl-Alt-Del to logon whcih I did After entering my password my desktop loaded and the icons appeared as did the splash screen for McAfee as usual then the screen went black The machine was hard frozen no response from any keypress including the capslock numlock LEDs didn t toggle Fine Hard reset try again Same results OK fine Safe mode Boots like a champ logs in as expected Nothing in any of the event logs OK let s try normal boot with logging OS loads I login and black screen hard freeze Back to safe mode to check the bootlog file It s not there At all Nowhere on the drive Weird OK boot to Ubuntu Fine no problems Boot to Recovery Console from XP CDROM run CHKDSK Finds and fixes errors Try a normal boot again same result black screen hard freeze after logging in Try logging in with a different user account same result OK back to safe mode uninstall ALL of the XP updates that were installed from the Control Panel Reboot login hard freeze WTF OK one more trick up my sleeve Reboot machine leave login GINA on screen Go to laptop and login to box remotely via RDP Success GINA changes from quot login quot prompt to quot machine is locked quot prompt I use Ctrl-Alt-Del on the local console to take over the user session killing the RDP link Success I once again have control of my machine Try to logout Works fine Try to logon black screen hard freeze WHAT THE HELL So that s where I am I can log into the machine using Remote Desktop from another system and then take over the session locally but any attempt to perform a local logon hard locks the system ANY advice at this point is welcome I really don t wanna have to blow away this installation to fix something so seemingly stupid nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

like the title say the computer fan go nuts and the computer freeze right after now illl try to explain what i did before it happend i just got a Geforce fan still go AFTER but Computer computer go freeze freeze crazy occur. fan crazy and MX AGP for the computer after installing it in my computer and clicking power i notice blue lines going Computer fan go crazy and computer freeze but fan still go crazy AFTER freeze occur. down my screen on computer startup and windows loading screen after switching colors and resolution the lines were no more still everything was working fine at the point im guessing Computer fan go crazy and computer freeze but fan still go crazy AFTER freeze occur. then i went and downloaded the driver for the card not sure if Computer fan go crazy and computer freeze but fan still go crazy AFTER freeze occur. it was the PCI or AGP one and they asked for a reboot clicked i wanted to reboot later and i proceed to go in options and change resolution again after switching resolution everything was still fine at that point after opening internet and going on facebook my fan started to go crazy and computer froze after rebooting again my computer rebooted by itself now everytime i start the computer with the card in the fan go crazy and freeze the computer the fan still turn and make loud noises even after freeze occur i now removed the card and wont put it back unless i know what is making this thing go nuts i have windows xp bits MB of ram and a w powersupply nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-fan-go-crazy-and-computer-freeze-but-fan-still-go-crazy-after-freeze-occur.1054089/
Relevancy 42.57%

win 98 AMD K6 450

My hard drive wont shut down given a specific amout of time. I've set it to shut down after 3 minutes but 15 minutes later it's still spinning. I went into cmos and seleced to shut down hdd after 3 minutes and it keeps spinning after the 3 minute mark. Any suggestions what I should do now ?

A:Hard drive wont shut down

Hiya

It may be some startup Programs that is causing the delay.

Go to Run and type MSINFO32
On the left choose Software Enviroment, then Startup Programs. Copy/paste the list here.

Also, go here and download AddAware http://tomcoyote.com/lsindex.html

Download and run, ensuring that Deep Registry scan is enabled. Remove all except any references to Web3000 or new.net. If you're unsure, copy/paste the list here.

Also, whilst you're there, download and install RefUpdate to get the latest updates. Just click Connect.

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-wont-shut-down.80831/
Relevancy 42.57%

Once upon a time everything was fine on this hard drive I had and then the power supply took a crap on me frying the hard drive I reinstalled everything back on a new hard drive but when it shuts down and is all done shutting down ONLY a few things physically shut down turn off This includes the hard drive and the monitor that I know of When I switch the power off to kill everything off I hear on Partial a drive down shut different hard the sound card pop meaning it just turned off and the fans die Well months passed and I revived my OLD hard drive and when I put it back and shut it down EVERYTHING shut down like normal Why is that What can I do to make my NEW one do that BTW every OS I ve installed on my computer will do the partical That revived hard drive is the ONLY one that will completely shut everything down Anyone know of what can be wrong Partial shut down on a different hard drive nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/partial-shut-down-on-a-different-hard-drive.505324/
Relevancy 42.57%

Acer Chromebook 15 won't turn on, does anyone know why?

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Acer Chromebook 15 won't come on after a hard shut...

Try forcing a power cycle by pressing and holding the power for 30 seconds or so. Sometimes that will get them unstuck. You can also try going into BIOS mode then exiting out to see if that will force the boot...

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/Acer-Chromebook-15-won-t-come-on-after-a-hard-shutdown-Any/td-p/421337/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 42.57%

Acer Chromebook 15 won't turn on, does anyone know why?

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Acer Chromebook 15 won't come on after a hard shut...

Try forcing a power cycle by pressing and holding the power for 30 seconds or so. Sometimes that will get them unstuck. You can also try going into BIOS mode then exiting out to see if that will force the boot...

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/Acer-Chromebook-15-won-t-come-on-after-a-hard-shutdown-Any/td-p/421337