Windows Support Forum

Dual video/audio switching

Q: Dual video/audio switching

Intel Core i GHz Gigabyte GA-P switching video/audio Dual -USB G-Skill GB MHz PC DDR Trident CAS Kit Dual video/audio switching x GB Gigabyte GV N TSL- GI - Graphics adapter OCZ GB Vertex Series SATA-II Solid State SSD quot Drive Samsung SATA II TB quot LG Multiformat DVD RW Dell Ultrasharp quot monitor DVI from graphics card Speakers from mobo green audio jack Samsung quot TV HDMI from graphics card Amp and speakers from mobo SPDIF Win bit Hi folks Using the system above with my PC and TV at opposite ends of the same large room I have to switch over audio via realtek default device and video via windows display settings show desktop only on monitor or whenever I want to watch a downloaded film on the TV and then back to PC to make this post write email or whatever My question is how do I do this wiathout the need to switch audio and video back and to One solution I am considering is to get a monitor for the PC and use quot duplicate displays quot on windows display settings and get a pci sound card to drIve my PC speakers leaving the onboard Realtek audio set to digital output via SPDIF for the Amp amp TV setup I welcome comments on my idea as well as any other suggestions or ideas TIA Chris nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Dual video/audio switching

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Dual video/audio switching

i dont know about the audio part...google something like playing same audio on 2 different devices....but for video, u can use the EXTENDED desktop mode...then u can just drag and drop the video player onto the TV. and switching displays is pretty fast with windows 7, just hit WINDOWS KEY + P and a bunch of options will come up

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-video-audio-switching.154308/
Relevancy 62.35%

how can I remove one of the audio tracks in the dual audio videos?

without changing the the video format

is there a software for that?

A:Dual Audio Video

Hi sunt, check out http://avidemux.org/admForum/viewtopic.php?id=5845 - it suggests using virtual dub and Avidemux, which appears to have worked for the OP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-audio-video.950901/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi,

I have some dual-audio videos I would like to convert into a playable format for the PSP.
Normally I would use ImTOO MPEG Encoder to convert my videos, but it does not convert the Dual-Audio videos very well... is there any other software where I can select the audio track I'd like to be played?

A:Converting Dual Audio Videos to PSP Video

you can try Xilisoft Ultimate Converter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/converting-dual-audio-videos-to-psp-video.809213/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have windows 10 on my HP pavilion dv6 as the main OS and I have a bootable portable hard drive running Ubuntu, I am trying to find a way to be able to swap between the programs without having to restart and change the OS each time I want to use them. Essentially I want both systems to run at the same time and be able to toggle between them as I need can anyone help with this? I greatly appreciate any advice.

A:dual OS switching

Only way I know is to use one of them in a virtual machine on the other one as a host.

http://www.tenforums.com/virtualization/24124-dual-os-switching.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I am running a dual-boot setup with Windows on the primary drive C and XP Systems a around dual in Switching Operating boot Pro in a partition on a seperate drive That particular configuration is because I had W K already installed -- and then added the XP Pro OS some time ago I have also been told that in a W K XP dual boot setup one installs the older OS first and then adds the newer I ve been trying tried to install the latest version of Photoshop on the XP drive and have not been successful it is a version of Photoshop that will only work with XP or Windows Adobe support tells me that my problem stems from my setup Photoshop Switching Operating Systems around in a dual boot not only needs XP to install but it also has Switching Operating Systems around in a dual boot to be installed on the primary C drive So how can I quot switch quot things around I would like to have XP on my Primary C drive and still be able to boot into Windows on another drive Though the quot best case quot scenerio would be if I could somehow do this using Acronis True Image and Acronis Disk Manager backup restore clone copy I doubt this would be possible so at this point I am not opposed to a clean install of each I just would like a bit of guidance on how to do this Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. I just picked up a new HP Laptop and am also new to Windows 7.

Specs are:

CPU: AMD Vision 2.2gHz
Memory: 3Gb DDR3
Video Card: ATI HD 4250
HDMI Out connected to 37" Toshiba HD LCD

My problem is really more of an inconvenience than a problem, but even so I am curious to know if it is possible to have vertical dual-displays. Currently the dual screen is working perfectly, however my laptop display is on the left and the TV display is on the right and I'm trying to figure out a way to have my TV's display be on the top.

Any help that any of you can offer for me to solve this problem would be excellent.

All that being said, I know my way around the OS reasonably well but I'm not well versed in the coding aspects that some of the special features require.

A:Switching Dual Display from Horizontal to Vertical

Welcome to Seven Forums Sneakattack879. Try this:

Right click on empty area of primary monitors desktop> Click on Screen Resolution

Grab the primary monitor icon and drag it to the position above the secondary (or visa versa)

Click on apply, the screen will black out and popup will ask if you want to save changes (if you don't in time, it will revert to original settings)

OK way out and you should have one above the other. Also see the Orientation settings dropdown below for any possible settings you'd like to use.

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/108971-switching-dual-display-horizontal-vertical.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a dell laptop running win xp. I also have a 19" external monitor. I want to use the dual screen feature in control panel/display/settings tab.

My primary screen is currently the laptop. How do I switch my primary screen so that it's pointing to the external (when it's attached) and once I get that set up, would I need to switch my laptop's screen back to primary when I use the laptop in stand alone mode?

When I have the external monitor available, I would like my newly launched programs to display on it as the primary screen.

Thanks.

Relevancy 51.17%

My operating NOT Mouse and Boot switching Working after OS Dual Keyboard - systems are Windows Ultimate -bit Default OS Windows Pro -bit Motherboard ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO Intel Z Problem Mouse and keyboard stop working at the logon screen usually even sooner at Starting Windows loading screen when switching from Windows to Windows But when you switch from Windows to Windows they still work but not vice versa They don't work at the Windows installation menu either when booting Dual Boot - Keyboard and Mouse NOT Working after switching OS from Windows DVD I have tried Unplug mouse and keybaord Nothing Plug-in another keyboard Still nothing It' s like they are being turned off immediately I plug them in Known temporary fixes Turn of PC and disconnect the power cable Put the cable back in and start the PC Mouse and keyboard are now work again If you switch OS again you have to repeat these steps Go to the BIOS settings and change default settings related to USBs Like USB Support to quot Full Initialization quot default Partial Initialization Save changes and restart PC and they should work again Question How can I fix it so that mouse and keyboard always work when booting to a different OS

A:Dual Boot - Keyboard and Mouse NOT Working after switching OS

I got it fixed. The problem was related to USB 3.0.

Solution was to change Intel xHCI Mode from "Smart Auto" to "Auto" (or just disable it) under Advanced - USB Configuration. So it will not use USB 3.0 during the boot.

Note: Also make sure that Legacy USB support it set to Auto or Enabled.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/378185-dual-boot-keyboard-mouse-not-working-after-switching-os.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi all new here I was wondering if anyone could help me because I am a bit stuck right now I m trying to install a new hard drive and retire my current one to backup and data storage purposes The problem is that I ve installed Windows on a hard drive with partitions an old XP partition D and the new W partition C At the moment the disk management screen looks like this What I am trying to do is delete the W7 from 'dual Solved: single Switching boot' a to partition D partition and then copy resize the C Solved: Switching from 'dual boot' to a single partition W7 partition including Windows installation to my new hard drive F If I ignore the new hard drive and just try to migrate Solved: Switching from 'dual boot' to a single partition W7 to a single partition I can never get it to boot I tried using Partition Wizard to set the C as a primary active partition copied over the bootmgr and boot directory then used bootrec fixmbr and bootrec fixboot to try to make Windows bootable from just the C but it didn t work All I got was quot disk read error quot whilst the PC was trying to boot off the C this is with all other drives disconnected Any thoughts options that I could try to migrate to a single bootable partition from a dual boot configuration I tried this video s advice and did everything as instructed but got the disk read error problem nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Something keeps switching off my audio (speakers). Then I have to reboot the laptop to get the sound working again.I get a message that says "we can't find and audio device". Does anyone know what is causing this problem?   

A:Audio keeps switching off

Here are a few other steps you can try: Run the audio troubleshooting tool in WindowsTry connecting headphones or a set of external speakersSet the default sound device to make sure your computer is sending audio output to the correct deviceIf your computer came with Windows 10 installed, you can restore the original sound driver in HP Recovery Manager, or update the driver through Device ManageThese solutions and more are explained in detail in this document: HP Notebook PCs ? No Sound or Distorted Sound from Speakers. Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Audio-keeps-switching-off/td-p/5813494
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a strange problem with my PC s front audio jacks I use my computer with a television through HDMI in order to get sound through the TV The TV s headphone jack is difficult to get to and plug something into and my computer has audio to switching jack not PC an audio jack on the front which has never worked until now I got it working today by playing around with the settings in Realtek HD Audio manager however whenever I plug my earphones into the PC they are not switched to and PC not switching to audio jack audio continues to play out of the TV To make use of the audio jack I have to switch it to the default PC not switching to audio jack device and then audio will play through my earphones This may sound lazy but I don t want to have to go through that every time I want to use my earphones Consider that I will most likely be in the middle of a game so it would be a pain to quit out change the default device and start said game up again - especially if it s a multiplayer game I shall point out now that the only way I could get the front audio jack to work in the first place was to disable auto detection in Audio Manager So what I m asking is is there any way to make it switch to the audio jack when I plug in my earphones nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

Hey all, question for the multi-talented aliens among us . .

I have my Realtek Audio device connected to my home theater reciever through s/pdf and to my monitor through the green jack on the back of the pc.

When I am surfing the forums or what not, I have sound set to analog through my monitor. When I switch to Media Center, My output is moved to the s/pdf by right clicking the little speaker and selecting playback devices, and changng my default device, then startng Media Center.

However, sometimes . . . . . I forget to do this and I have to close Media Center and make the switch.

Question is this. Is there a hot key or software appy that can do this for me when I launch Media Center? . .. Perhaps a Batch file, witch I have no experience with.?

A:Quick Audio Switching

Oh man...I need this to, together with a solution for switching monitors. Why they do things like this? Change or remove things that worked well?
One possibility for you is to conect the tv audio on the front panel and combine the signal in audio preferences. A least with my Realtek I have this option. It is not switching but it is both at same time...

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/15094-quick-audio-switching.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey all,

My sound/audio output works fine whenever I start the laptop. I've noticed when I start Itunes, shut it down and close the laptop into sleep mode; when it wakes up there's no audio.

I have to reboot in order to get sound back. I can visually see the green sound audio reading in playback devices but no sound.

Is Itunes isolating my audio output engine somehow?

Drivers are up to date.

Any help much appreciated, cheers
------------------------------------
Dell Inspiron 1545
Vista 32 bit
Intel Pentium Dual CPU T3400 @ 2.16GHz 2.17 Ghz
Ram 3gb
IDT High Def Audio codec
Safari

A:Audio Output switching Off

Hello Andrew, welcome to the forum.

Try this:

Go to Start->Settings->Control Panel->Adminstrative Tools->Services

Then locate in the list of services "Windows Audio". Open this service

If this service is showing with Startup, set it to Disabled then Select "Automatic" from the drop down list then hit apply. Then click the "Start" button.

If this service is not showing with Startup type set to Manual then Select "Automatic" from the drop down list then hit apply. Then click the "Start" button.

Next Go to Start->Settings->Control Panel->Sounds and Audio Devices then select the Volume Tab then put a tick in the box marked "Place Volume Icon in the Task Bar" then click apply.

Wish you good luck. Hope this work for you.

Thanks.
Arvin

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/289879-audio-output-switching-off.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm trying to uninstall/disable my current audio driver, SoundMax; and install/enable RealTek AC97 audio driver. I've tried on my own a couple of times, once with disastrous results. All advice is welcome and appreciated

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/switching-audio-drivers.846852/
Relevancy 49.88%

Not sure this goes here, but in my research so far have found that Vista handles audio differently than previous Windows so here goes..

Running Vista Home Premium 64 bit on an ASUS P6T mobo with onboard audio that uses a SoundMax audio driver.
My old XP system detects my USB headset being plugged in and diverts audio out to the headset. On the Vista system I have to go into Sound from control panel and set the default playback device to USB headset in order to use the headset. Then when I am done with the headset I have to go back to control panel and set default playback to Soundmax.
Is there any way to automate this process? Sure seems like a step backward to me.

thanks
Alan

A:Switching between audio output devices ?

have you checked in control panel to see if the usb drivers are loaded correctly as it sounds like your usb port is not recognising or is not working try another usb device in the port try your headphones in a diffrent port on your comp to test both then check the drivers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/switching-between-audio-output-devices-325636.html
Relevancy 49.88%

ok to uncomplicate things ive read thru the forums and could not find anything concrete on this problem of mine..

i have a gigabyte mobo/amd cpu w/onboard hdmi

my issue is sound switching right now as it stands, i need to manually switch on my pc between the HDMI audio as my main device and my PC speakers as my main device... on my laptops this is not a problem, it can automatically detect if hdmi is plugged in and switch sound over..

the main reason is its a slight pain to keep going over after a movie and switch over, nor do i want to disconnect a hdmi cable every time..

any suggestions how to automate this problem???

A:hdmi audio/std. speakers switching

Laptops have built in speakers and probably the reason the laptop has the needed hardware (and/or software) to accomplish this. On a desktop, speakers are not an "internal" device and probably the reason for this. I see the same issue posted on the Dell users forum.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/50652-hdmi-audio-std-speakers-switching.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,

Previous behaviour in Windows 7: I could leave an internet radio station playing on VLC for example and allow my partner to switch to her account we could still hear the audio playing.

I am aware that switching users in Windows 8.1 required me to apply the registry hack available in the tutorials.

Since MS might not have wanted to give us the opportunity to switch user as a default - making us sign out every time - it made me wonder if this is the reason the audio switches off.

But then again I can still leave a download running in my account and switch user and then when I return to my account the download has completed, so clearly activity is still occurring on the other account.

Any ideas how I can keep the audio going without having to run a new instance of a player in the switched account to continue listening?

Best wishes.

A:switching user turns off audio

Welcome to the forum!

Are they the same type of accounts as in Local or Microsoft? Don't know if that would make a difference but maybe.

Also is the default audio playback set the same in both?

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/58762-switching-user-turns-off-audio.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,

We have a XPS 13 laptop here which is used in combination with a D3100 docking station. As soon as the laptop is plugged into the docking station, Windows switches over to using the audio port on the docking station.
How do I disable this? The user prefers to use the audio port on the laptop at all times, whether connected to the docking or not.(laptop is running Windows 10)

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19988392
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello What a great Forum Have recently purchased a scanner radio for monitoring vhf uhf local frequencies Fine radio but a very poor internal speaker Would like to run its Line-Out into my PC Simply Audio Switching Inputs ? To PC and use the Switching Audio Inputs To PC Simply ? PC's external speakers that I have on my desk and also possibly some of the audio apps programs on the PC for adjusting the sound quot quality quot Running Windows the bit edition on a Desktop PC Here's my question My son uses the PC also as a different quot User quot Even if he didn't use I really don't want to go into the Control Panel Hardware and Sound and to change it over every time between the scanner's audio Line-Output and some program he or me might be using or some music he might have on an external HD that also has audio on it What I would like if there is such a thing is a very simple method or icon on my desktop that I can use to very simply switch these inputs with just a click or so Is there such a method Suggestions would be most welcome Thanks Bob

A:Switching Audio Inputs To PC Simply ?

There probably is a utility somewhere to do that. But, I don't know what they are. A google search is your best option.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/354929-switching-audio-inputs-pc-simply.html
Relevancy 49.88%

hello, ho can u switch form an installed videocard to an on-motherboard video card? help plz

A:question on switching installed video card and thse form an on-motherboard video card

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-on-switching-installed-video-card-and-thse-form-an-on-motherboard-video-card.667949/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello,
I've some video files which have dual audio.
Media player classic is playing only one of 2 audio source and i'm able to change it in media player classic.
But in windows media player and windows media center, both audio are being played, so it's irritable and i watch movies in media center only.
Please tell me solution. I'm using klite codec pack.
Thanks.

A:How to select only one audio source in dual audio avi/mkv file

Originally Posted by vitrag24

Hello,
I've some video files which have dual audio.
Media player classic is playing only one of 2 audio source and i'm able to change it in media player classic.
But in windows media player and windows media center, both audio are being played, so it's irritable and i watch movies in media center only.
Please tell me solution. I'm using klite codec pack.
Thanks.

If the source is VCD see this thread how to edit the audio so the track you want plays out of both sides of the stereo audio:

VCD with 2 simultaneous languages in audio.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/272146-how-select-only-one-audio-source-dual-audio-avi-mkv-file.html
Relevancy 49.45%

When my child is logged on to her profile and playing an online game, she leaves the browser up and its always making noises and playing music...and this continues after we "Switch User" and log into my profile...its annoying due to the fact that while im on the computer and wanting to watch a video or listen to music, I have to have her log in and close it down...is there any possible way that something can be modified to have whatever is on the profile work on only that profile and not carry through?

A:Audio Issue When Switching Profiles in Windows 7 Ult.

Rather than switch user, log her off and then you can log on. This should take care of it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/238296-audio-issue-when-switching-profiles-windows-7-ult.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi guys. I have my TV connected via HDMI through my video card to my computer and also run sound through my computers speakers with the onboard sound. Normally I just change the audio device before opening a program depending on whether I want it on the TV speakers or computer speakers. The problem is that sporadically when I select the device for the TV speakers it doesn't provide any sound and no combination of turning the TV on and off, changing the audio device back and forth etc will let give sound on the TV speakers (but when i change to the computer speakers it works fine). I can't seem to reproduce the problem either, it just happens sporadically and the only solution is to restart the computer.

I have vista 32 bit ultimate. Any suggestions?

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/259404-issues-switching-between-multiple-audio-devices.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Okay this is something that has been problematic with Windows since Vista. Say I'm playing Borderlands 2 and I'm using a headset for the sound. I decide then that I want to unplug my headset and have the sound come from the speakers. I unplug it, but no sound comes out of the speakers for the game. They make sounds still, but the game doesn't come from it. And, if I plug the headset back in, I don't even get sound from that. This happens with other games too. How do I get a program to switch to a different audio output on the fly?

A:Switching audio outputs in Win7 while in game.

Hi

I suspect the issue is caused by the lack of proper audio driver in the system. Please check my answer to your first post which covers the audio issue.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501134/switching-audio-outputs-in-win7-while-in-game/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello Forgive me if Playback Switching Audio Longer Source No this isn t the proper place to put this but I didn t see a forum specifically for audio issues Up until recently my computer s audio setup behaved in a certain way regarding the way it would switch between sources I Audio No Longer Switching Playback Source use both headphones and a set of speakers I have the headphones plugged into the audio jacks on the front of my computer while the speakers rest in the back I often want to switch between sources in the midst of programs already running or otherwise displaying their content say if I have to get up and work elsewhere in the room beyond the range of the headphones In the past I was able to unplug my headphone jack on the front of the machine and the computer would automatically route ALL current sound out of the speakers as the only remaining playback source In other words unplugging the front source would automatically switch sound priority to the back INCLUDING programs that are currently running After being away from the computer this past week I have returned and somehow this has all quite frustratingly changed I still have both headphones and speakers plugged in in the same places yet unplugging the headphones from the front seems to do nothing the sound keeps trying to play through the unplugged headphones Obviously my thought was that I could just use the Windows Sound controls to swap the outputs While this works when NEW sounds are created in newly opened programs everything that was open and producing sounds during the period where my headphones were plugged in do not adjust even when I switch the speakers to the default further complicating matters In other words switching the default playback device works only when opening programs I do not already have open everything else is stuck It effectively means that if I am listening to something through my headphones I must either pause it or restart it in order to get up and work elsewhere after unplugging the headphones I have used the quot test quot option in the Windows Sound menu form both the speakers and the headphones Both appear to produce the test sound properly regardless of setup They just aren t behaving like they used to This is quite a frustrating issue and I have no idea what happened or how to fix it Any help that could be offered would be appreciated and if this does not belong in this form please feel free to move it where it belongs Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-no-longer-switching-playback-source.1047190/
Relevancy 49.45%

I recently installed a new video card(ATI Radeon HD 6870). After successful installation of the card and all drivers I found that my audio no longer worked. On AMD's website it says that the easiest way to fix this problem caused by an "IRQ conflict between the motherboard’s onboard audio device and the ATI Radeon HD graphics card." is to enable the on-board audio in BIOS setup.

My Specs:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+, AMD64 Family 15 Model 107 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2047 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 238371 MB, Free - 124129 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., M3A78-EM
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 49.02%

I video conference speeches and process them to VCD format. I capture video on miniDV tape or directly on computer using 1394 (firewire) port. I take audio seperately from mixer into computer using 'audacity' or 'accoustica' program. I use Ulead Video Studio 8 to match video & audio and then process it. These 2 streams match well in the begining, but then these go out of sync by upto 5 sec. Need help urgently.

Using Core2Duo desktop, 4 GB DDR2 RAM (800MHz FSB), SATA Hard Disk 7200 rpm.

A:Audio-video out of sync in video processing in Ulead Video Studio

The problem is that the framerates are a little bit different and there is no keyframe info for each to keep themselves in sync.

In fact some media companies deliberately introduce keyframe errors so that conversion prgrams and the like don't keep the video and audio in sync.

I'm still waiting for a good solution myself but at least you know you're not the only one with the problem by a long shot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-video-out-of-sync-in-video-processing-in-ulead-video-studio.636996/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have noticed that the Dolby Audio application keeps switching back to the Voice preset regardless of what I do or how many times I try to change it I have opened up the Dolby Audio app itself and changed to a different preset as well as using the Lenovo Settings app to set the Dynamic preset as my default but after some time I find that the settings Dolby Y700 keeps 15ISK - switching Audio Touch ... to will always get reverted back to Voice again nbsp In addition to these steps I have also tried updating my audio drivers to the Y700 Touch 15ISK - Dolby Audio keeps switching to ... most recent version but this actually caused the Dolyb Audio app to be completely removed from my machine only to be brought back by first performing a System Restore and then performing a Repair operation from the Uninstall or Change A Program screen I finally located the original Dolby Audio X Windows API SDK and Dolby Audio X Windows APP installation media located at C Program Files x Realtek Audio DAX not contained in the LENOVO hard drive partition which contains all other system drivers and was able to update my driver and re-install the Dolby software to get it operational again but the problem of switching profiles persists nbsp How do I prevent this profile switching or is it possible to configure the Dolby Audio application to select a profile Y700 Touch 15ISK - Dolby Audio keeps switching to ... based on Y700 Touch 15ISK - Dolby Audio keeps switching to ... the application that is running I find having to manually switch my sound profile back to the Dynamic preset a pain

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y700-Touch-15ISK-Dolby-Audio-keeps-switching-to-quot-Voice-quot/td-p/3381736
Relevancy 49.02%

My speakers are connected to the rear audio output panel and my headphone in the front audio output panel. I tried changing the setting in sound/playback devices.  I can only use my speakers as default devise. My headphone can only be set as default commucation device but not default devise (click set as default devise but nothing happens). Beats audio control setting doesn't seem like there is anything to switch default devises. This computer does not have realtek control. I like to be able to switch all audio output between speaker and headphone. Please share with/enlighten me how I can go about this. Thank you.

A:switching audio output between rear and front panel

Hello @EasyEnemy, and thank you for your post.I understand that you are having some issues with the audio outputs on your computer. I am happy to help with this. On checking the support page there are not any specific drivers for Windows 10 for your computer. With that in mind there are a few things you can try. Try out the HP Support Assistant to see if it can find any other drivers that could be compatible.HP PCs - Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7)HP PCs - Troubleshooting HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8) If not, or if any drivers it finds do not help, you can try in installing the Windows 8.1 drivers again from the support page. HP ENVY Phoenix 810-192d Desktop PC Another option would be to try installing the older drivers using compatibility mode in Windows 10. This Microsoft forum page shows several things you can try: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10. Please let me know how that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/switching-audio-output-between-rear-and-front-panel/td-p/5560338
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,

Everytime I connect or disconnect a USB device my default audio device changes to a different device.. anyway to prevent disable this from happening.. I use USB mostly to charge my smartphone and only occasionally to transfer files but it is an annoyance as not only I have to change the default device but have to restart flashplayer or videos on media players because it can't recover from change.

A:Prevent W7 Switching Audio Device When Connecting/Disconnecting USB De

is your phone capable of being a DAC if not it should not be changing your playback options at all. that's odd what is your phone? does it do it when you just plug in any flash drive, and what is it changing your playback device to?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/311948-prevent-w7-switching-audio-device-when-connecting-disconnecting-usb-de.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Well I've finally hit the brick wall with this latest barrage of crashes and BSODs When I wake up or return from anything over a half hour or so my computer is almost always attempting to reboot switching output, BSODs random and idle, audio when when others from a crash quite unsuccessfully When I switch from speakers to headphones there's a BSODs when idle, when switching audio output, and random others very strong chance I'll BSOD within minutes And just for fun I'll get a random crash from time to time when browsing the ol' internet or something similarly mundane The BSOD from idle doesn't show a code but the audio BSOD seemed to direct me to a driver conflict I'm no expert by any means so I thought I'd see what you guys thought I friend built this rig for me and it was working fine up until I had to replace the last hard-drive Now it has a mind of it's own I tried updating all my drivers after reading another thread about a similar issue I also tried deleting and re-downloading a few drivers that seemed to be giving people with similar issues some grief So far nothing is sticking

A:BSODs when idle, when switching audio output, and random others

The zip you uploaded does not contain any crash dump.

Follow it: Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD
Go to Option Two, Point 2. Download the .reg file and merge it in registry by double clicking it.

Now wait for another BSOD. When it occurred, search the .dmp files manually in the default path: C:\Windows\Minidump or %SystemRoot%\Minidump. See if the crash dump is recorded or not (hopefully it will be recorded).Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

Dont run any disc cleanup tool before you upload another zip.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/374083-bsods-when-idle-when-switching-audio-output-random-others.html
Relevancy 49.02%

When I had windows 7 I could go to my internet browsing user (my only user with internet access) and navigate to the Pandora Music Webpage (or youtube or whatever) and start streaming music, and when I switched to my other user that did not have internet access for security reasons (not log off, just switch user) I could still hear the music.

Now that I've upgraded to windows 10 the music turns off when I switch users. Any ideas how I can get my internet streaming audio to continue to play when I switch to a user that doesn't have internet permissions?

Thanks.

A:Background audio (Pandora) turns off when switching user

Unfortunately, I don't think there's a way to fix this. Honestly, it seems like a bug that they fixed in 10 (or even in 8/8.1)

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/35969-background-audio-pandora-turns-off-when-switching-user.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I recently bought a new computer, and i want to switch the video card from this new computer (Geforce 6150 LE) to the one from my previous computer.

I have a Radeon 9800 Pro video card on my old computer.
Is this possible? apparently the Radeon card is AGP according to my friend and the motherboard on my computer is pci-e, and you they aren't compatible?

can someone shed some light on this subject for me please? As this grahpics card i have on my new machine is really slow and won't handle the games I play.

A:Regarding Switching Video Cards

Because one is AGP and the other is PCI-E, you cannot interchange them. If your new PC has a slow graphics card, you'll just have to get a better PCI-E card for it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/regarding-switching-video-cards.66310/
Relevancy 49.02%

Using an Avocent DVI KVM switch with a PC, MAC and ThinkPad laptop connected to a port replicator. The problem is I cannot get the laptop video to display on the "common" flat panel. When switch the KVM to the laptop, the laptop will only use it's display. Is there a way of forcing the video on the laptop to recognize the "common" display that is connected using the port replicator?

Relevancy 49.02%

My computer has SiS 530 video card and in order to play one of the games that I have (The Sims 2) I have to change it. How am I supposed to do that? Do I just go to the sight and download a version or do I have to buy something? One of the video cards that was compatible was Nvidia Geforce2.

A:Switching Video Cards...

More data

What do you mean ¨I have to change it¨, the game won't work and displays a ¨Your vga graphics card is crap¨ message, or something like that? In that case, you'll probably need an accelerator card like Nvidia Geforce ones, altough I didn't know that Sims 2 wouldn't work with the Sis onboard card.

If the game displays a list of compatible graphics cards and yours isn't in it, then you'll have to get yourself one of those.

Have you tried upgrading your Directx version? Which one do you have? Probably the game did this already, but check it out.

¨go to the sight¨...you mean ¨go to the site¨, right? Where are you from? I'm from Argentina.

...Enjoy the Silence.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/switching-video-cards.19411/
Relevancy 49.02%

My friend got a computer from his aunt far away. During the disassembly for transport of this computer his brilliant aunt pulled on the montier cable that was secured through screws. Subsequently she ripped out the jack's of the printer, monitor and serial ports beyond repair. He wants to set this up as a server computer. He has an APG video card but the computer won't default to AGP without setting it in bios. Is there a hotkey or a way to force bios to switch to APG card? It's a phoenix BIOS, he hasn't told me the version.

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi folks I ve a bit of a dilemma on my hands I recently purchased a HDTV and wanted to set it up as a nd monitor for my PC My PC is running video cards one on the motherboard one added in a slot The usual setup is using the nd card to run the monitor I wanted to use the motherboard video to run the TV since it has a HDMI port I went into BIOS and turned on the video card I had it TV switching Video between Monitor & disabled since I only had one monitor I updated the drivers then I hooked up the TV The video started showing on the TV for a second or two then it would show on the monitor for a second or two Video switching between Monitor & TV It switches back amp forth every couple of seconds I unplugged the TV and it works fine I am running Windows the TV is a Toshiba tl u The motherboard is a XFX MG- Mi- GeForce - NVIDIA nForce i and the nd video card is a Galaxy GeForce GS MB PCIe w DVI Let me know if you need any more information Thanks nbsp

A:Video switching between Monitor & TV

When you fit a standalone video card, the integrated one on the motherboard is (usually) automatically disabled by the BIOS as otherwise their respective drivers would both be fighting for the same resources, and that sort of conflict has to be avoided.

If you want to run two monitors, you must forget about using the integrated video adapter altogether. You must either buy another video card to fit alongside your Galaxy card, or remove the Galaxy card and fit a "dual-head" video card which has two output ports which can both be used at the same time (do not confuse that with a video card which may have a VGA and a DVI port but which cannot both be used at the same time).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-switching-between-monitor-tv.1037870/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello,

i'm using k lite codec pack in my vista home premium.

in some dual audio movies, i can select one audio file from task bar.

but in some movies, it plays both audio files and i cant see option to change audio either in media player classic or in task bar.

any direct solution except reencoding movie file?

A:some dual audio movies playing both audio

In Media Player Classic I had this with a couple of files. If you use the Haali renderer you can select the sound track from the notification icon in the task bar.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/287720-some-dual-audio-movies-playing-both-audio.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey, everyone! This is kind of hard to explain so I have a YouTube video below, but what I'm trying to do is to lock the default the Razer Virtual Surround device as the default sound device, but I can't seem to make that happen. I've looked everywhere for the past few hours and I can't find anything. It's driving me crazy, does anybody know what I can do to fix it?

The first part, before I restart the app, the devices window on Razer's panel was messed up, but that always happens when I restart my PC. When I closed it and started it back up after changing compatibilities, it fixed itself, and all I need to do right now as I'm typing this is to keep the default device as Razer's virtual surround. Thank you!

EDIT: Okay, the YouTube thing isn't working, so here's the link itself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mzITnqbS6s

A:Default Audio Device keeps switching using Razer Virtual Surround.

Unless the Razer has some way of always (automatically) installing itself as the default audio playback device, I don't think you can do what you want. The default for Windows is the "Speakers" (sound card) or if you have HDMI when an HDMI cable is plugged into the PC it will default to HDMI as the default playback device.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/317312-default-audio-device-keeps-switching-using-razer-virtual-surround.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I am thinking of switching video cards but I don t know if it is of video cards switching thinking compatible The card is a GeForce FX PCI and here are my computer specs -inch CRT flat screen monitor AMD Sempron processor operates at GHz KB L Cache and MHz FSB MB DDR x MB SDRAM PC Expandable to GB GB hard drive nVidia GeForce MX Graphics MB DDR Shared Memory thinking of switching video cards Mbps Ethernet LAN integrated network Pair of desktop speakers eMachines BigFix feature identifies and resolves problems that affect the system before they occur Protect your new computer from the unknown with pre-installed Norton Internet Security Anti-Virus Anti-Spam Firewall and Parental Control McAfee Anti-Spyware and eMachines Easily create photo slide shows and burn CDs or DVDs with the thinking of switching video cards preinstalled Nero software Windows XP Home edition operating system pre-installed With the Double Layer x DVD - RW store up to GB of your favorite video music photos or data -in- Digital Media Manager for thinking of switching video cards Secure Digital SD Smart Media Micro Drive MemoryStick Memory Stick Pro Compact Flash Multimedia Card USB Mbps Ethernet LAN integrated Network K ITU V ready Fax Modem Modem Write max x DVD -R x DVD-RW x DVD RW x DVD R Double Layer x DVD RW x CD-R x CD-RW Reads max x DVD-ROM disks x CD-ROM disks nForce -Channel Audio Audio nVidia GeForce MX graphics MB DDR Shared Memory MB DDR SDRAM PC expandable to GB Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition SP Preloaded with Microsoft Works software Microsoft Money Microsoft Encarta Online AdobeAcrobat Reader Microsoft Media Player RealNetworks RealPlayer CyberLink PowerDVD Nero Suite Dimensions quot W x quot H x quot D Weight lbs Please I would like to know as soon as possible if I can use that card on my computer please and thank you nbsp

A:thinking of switching video cards

did I post this in the wrong section or something? If I did i'm sorry but I don't know where to post it it's about a video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/thinking-of-switching-video-cards.30508/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a sony vaio, the vudeo card it came with is a on-board. It's only a 32mb, so i put in a 64mb. The pc recognizes it as the primary adapter, but when i plug the moniter in the new slot instead of the old one, nothing shows up. There's nothing on the screen. I don't think the pc knows to use the new one not the old one. I think i just need to activate the new one instead of teh old one. But i'm afraid that if i disable the old one that i will have no video at all if the new one doesn't work(which i think it should) I'm not sure what i should do. I need suggestions on ways to make it work without risking the problem i mentioned before. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Relevancy 48.16%

Occasionally, at least once a day, when switching users in XP, either by Fast User Switching, or actually logging out, when trying to sign in as another user, the screen will come up saying that there is no video source, and the computer needs to be rebooted to get the video feed back.
This only started happening after installing the ATI video drivers for X700 (the latest ones that were released on Dec. 20h.) and this was a fresh install of video drivers after a new computer build.
One thing I thought might be wrong is that the motherboard has an onboard video card, and I also put in a PCI-e ATI X700 that is being used as the primary video source.
I have tried a few things but to no avail. Anybody have a similar experience, or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Andy

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-video-source-when-switching-users-205326.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Does anyone know an easier way to switch video inputs in Media Center? I'm running an HP Quad core with Nvidea TV tuner. The computer has 2 separate video inputs for either s-vhs or composite video. In order to switch from the tv tuner to a video input, or from video 1 to video 2, you have to go through multiple screens and spend 5 minutes reconfiguring the card. Nvidea was of no help. Their answer? "We just make the chips, we don't write the software. Contact HP." HP doesn't have the slightest idea how their product works (or doesn't) and blames everything on Microsoft.

Anyway, I'm trying to find something that will let me access the video inputs without using media center. Gotta say that this HP is easily the worst computer I have ever owned, and I've owned a LOT of computers!

Thanks!

http://www.vistax64.com/software/177005-switching-video-inputs-media-center.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Well my good primary computer broke down recently, and I want to remove my old video card from it and put it in my other computer so I can run some games still on it. But it's been awhile since I installed it into my broken computer, and I can't really tell which one it is. It's some sort of Nvida Ge force im pretty sure, I think it's the one in the AGP slot but im not really sure, and if it is I have no idea how to remove the agp clip or whatever it is. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

A:Need help switching video cards, and undoing AGP clip

The graphics card will be in the agp slot which at the top and is brown in colour.
There is a release clip at the right hand side which is held in place by a retaining clip, move this to one side then press down the release clip, this should push the card out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-switching-video-cards-and-undoing-agp-clip.647256/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi all I have been checking out your forums and this looks like an awesome community I onboard switching video and an Installing 8600GT off m hoping I can find some help with installing my new graphics card an GT Just starting the system from scratch so I played around with it for a few days before I tried putting the new card in Here was my process -Put new card in -Tried installing drivers from CD and when Autoplay loads the box says quot No Suitable Driver quot -Disabled other Installing an 8600GT and switching off onboard video video in Device Manager reboot and no effect -Uninstalled drivers for other video reboot no effect -Tried looking in BIOS for way to disable video found nothing -Pulled card out and then put back just to make sure it wasn t a bad connection So that s where I m kinda at right now The computer doesn t read the new card as new hardware at all and even when I try the install new hardware under the CP it still can t find it like the card is just invisible so the install disk will not show any drivers for it and my guess is that it s an issue with shutting down the onboard in the BIOS anybody else have any ideas or thoughts that might help I ll take anything I can get at this point Thanks a ton Board Asus M N-MX SE Plus CPU Athlon X Memory GB OS XP nbsp

A:Installing an 8600GT and switching off onboard video

You should go to the Nvidia website and downloard the latest driver for your graphics card. It is a self executing file and either double clicking it or opening it with Start > Run will start the installation process. I could be wrong but I have the feeling you are not using the CD correctly to install the driver on it properly (outdated though it may be). You need to guide the wizard closer to the actual folder containing the appropriate driver file. But regardless, I recommend using the latest driver from Nvidia instead.

One thing isn't clear to me so just to check, you are plugging the monitor cable into the back of the new graphics card, correct? It's not still in the onboard output?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-an-8600gt-and-switching-off-onboard-video.104745/
Relevancy 47.73%

hello i have a laptop MSI CX with intel core i CPU an nvidia M gpu and some intel GMA gpu I have a problem using them both I want to use only and only the nvidia gpu and i cant the laptop always choose the Intel GMA In nvidia control panel i can choose which video card to use as default and also for some application you can choose on what GPU it will run pretty cool but at me it doesnt work at all Even when i right click on some shortcut of a game i can select from the menu the video card which i want to use for that game Even if i select nvidia the laptop is using the intel switching and dedicated onboard card video between gma I tried to search in bios for an option which can let me to disable the onboard video card but i couldnt find anything also the laptop is running always in gaming mode so there is no power save mode to make the laptop to use the intel gpu to save power This problem isnt only in games its also when i playing HD videos the video is really not fluent at all im sure even there the laptop is using the intel gpu I tried to disable the intel gpu from Device manager switching between onboard and dedicated video card and windows restarted and then the nvidia GPU driver wasnt working anymore When i wanted to reinstall it a message appeared telling me that i must install an Intel graphics card driver first So these two GPUs are linked switching between onboard and dedicated video card to each other but how to make one GPU as default Is there any other way to make the nvidia GPU to be as default for the sistem and totally ignore the switching between onboard and dedicated video card Intel GPU Thank you very very very much nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/switching-between-onboard-and-dedicated-video-card.991297/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi im having a major issue I want to play my games via my Dell switching Xbox cables. PC without monitor on video flat screen monitor The way I Xbox video on PC monitor without switching cables. achieve that now is by disconnecting the vga cable that connects my computer to my monitor and plugging in the vga cable for my xbox into the monitor Then when Im done I have to go through the agonizing process of unscrewing the cable for my xbox and replacing the cable for my computer This is my xbox cable http www xbox com en-US hardware x xbox vgahdcable My major question is Can I make is so I can have an option or button to switch between the two videos Like say mid game I want to switch back to my pc without have to unplug my Xbox video on PC monitor without switching cables. cable or anything can I do that I notice the cable for the connection from my pc to my monitor has another cable hanging off of it but I have no idea what that is for and it doesn t take in cables it puts out My operating system is a Dell C and i have a in flat screen monitor with the speaker attached to it on the bottom Do Xbox video on PC monitor without switching cables. I have to buy an attachment or is there a program I can buy Thank you so much nbsp

A:Xbox video on PC monitor without switching cables.

I also run on Vista 32 bit

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xbox-video-on-pc-monitor-without-switching-cables.880606/
Relevancy 47.73%

Okay, here's what I want to do. I want to send video output to a Plasma in my family room and also have output to the computer monitor in the adjacent office. I have the option of using either VGA or DVI to either monitor, so I can use a video card that has dual VGA/DVI outputs. Or, I can buy a separate PCI video card. Right now I have an ATI All-in-Wonder 7500.

Am I better off to get a new video card with dual monitor output or have two separate video cards. If the former, what video cards do you recommend? I know I've seen recommendations for the 9600 Pro, which seems to have dropped significantly in price? I'd like to stay with ATI as I've always used that.

Relevancy 47.3%

So basically i did bunch of dual display setups before but using two video cards or using one video card with two outputs but this is the FIRST TIME im trying with a built in intergrated card and a PCI card.

Heres the issue.

I hooked up the PCI video card and when i plugg both monitors in, the intergrated video card gives a yellow exclamation point in the device manager and nothing shows up on the monitor. Only the PCI video card shows signal..

I tried un-installing both cards, redoing it from ground up, tried disabling and renabling both cards but only one monitor shows up and that is the PCI card.
What do you guys think?

Thanks

A:DUAL DISPLAY SETUP - PCI VIDEO CARD & INTERGRATED VIDEO.. Possible?

Check that the on-board video is enabled in the Bios.

It's possible you can't have both working at the same time, should be able to check this if you know what motherboard it is.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-display-setup-pci-video-card-intergrated-video-possible.667381/
Relevancy 46.87%

Just bought two, new, identical Samsung 19" monitors, beautiful, looks awesome. Need to buy video card, since monitors are identical what card would work better, dual single card or two separate cards ?
What maker would you recommend ?
I do not play games, but pictures are important.
Can I have two AGP cards ? Want to see 3D pictures in the future.

Relevancy 46.87%

Background I have a custom-built machine purchased from a small mom amp pop shop in town It s about a year old came with a Ghz P and GB of RAM It was sold to me relatively cheap and I know currently its using onboard video I do not know the make of the motherboard and I won video off running is pci-e of video plus Dual onboard possible? Monitors -- t know for another week I m out of town I know it has an available PCI-E slot Dual Monitors -- is running off of onboard video plus pci-e video possible? available Runs Windows XP Home The current monitor is hooked up to the onboard VGA port and works fine My question I want a secondary Dual Monitors -- is running off of onboard video plus pci-e video possible? monitor setup so I can have an extended desktop as cheap as possible Can I buy a cheap PCI-E video card hook up the second monitor to it while having the first monitor hooked up to the onboard video port I remember running into problems with using Dual Monitors -- is running off of onboard video plus pci-e video possible? onboard plus an expansion-card type of video card together I realize I can buy a dual-monitor video card for relatively cheap but I m pretty confident I can scrounge up a PCI-E video card even cheaper TIA nbsp

A:Dual Monitors -- is running off of onboard video plus pci-e video possible?

No it won't work that way, you would have to use one or the other. Get a pci-Xpress card with 2 ports and you should be fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-monitors-is-running-off-of-onboard-video-plus-pci-e-video-possible.691050/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a Dell Inspiron 6000, 2.5 years old. I thought the backlight bulb was completely dead, but when I turn the computer on, or when I use Fn F8 to switch the display mode, the light comes back on. Any ideas what is wrong? Any cheap fix?

Relevancy 46.87%

I have an XP Media Center laptop widescreen HP hooked up to my quot Projection Hitachi TV via S-Video All I do is tell my nvidia video card to display to my TV instead of my laptop The image is great and everything works fine I believe it runs at x but as soon as I run S-video PC Interface switching Media to until - screen on TV fine via Center Media Center the TV screen goes black and has a few lines running through it If I hit Ctrl Alt Del the screen comes back fine but as soon as I navigate to another Media Center screen it occurs again If I close Media Center and go back to the desktop everything is fine I can run Media Player fine as well Any ideas as to what might be causing this The Media Center display is fine on my standard quot TV upstairs via Xbox acting as an extender But as PC screen on TV via S-video - fine until switching to Media Center Interface I mentioned the big screen TV has a major problem running it via S-video Thanks in advance for any help you can provide nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-screen-on-tv-via-s-video-fine-until-switching-to-media-center-interface.535745/
Relevancy 46.87%

My system is Win 7 64 bit, Emachines ET 1831
I would like to have 2 monitors running through my PCI 2.0 or PCI express slots.
I have tried just adding a video card, but can't get it to work along with the onboard video.

I searched Newegg and cannot find anything that is Win 7 compatible, PCI 2.0, and supports 2 monitors.

thanks in advance.

A:Please recommend a: Dual PCI 2.0 or PCI-E Dual Video

newer cards have 2x DVI ports, so you'll have no problem disabling the onboard GFX & running both screens on the 1 PCIE card..

what card did you try..??

are you asking for a card recommendation, or just clarification as to what is needed for 2 screens..??

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/59725-please-recommend-dual-pci-2-0-pci-e-dual-video.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I'm trying to upload my Sony dcr-trv19 camera mini-dv tapes using "Video 2 PC" with no success. I've tried S-video to S-video, yellow to yellow, and yellow to yellow, white, red without success. I get an MPG file but when I play it there is no video or audio. Please advise.

A:Sony video-cam, video 2 pc, no video or audio output

There should be a Firewire (otherwise called IEEE 1394 or DV Link) port on the camera, it looks like a mini USB port. Using a Firewire cable, connect this port to the Firewire port on your laptop or PC. If your PC has no Firewire port, you can add one by buying a PCI Firewire card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-video-cam-video-2-pc-no-video-or-audio-output.1042568/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi ,
I have some Windows Media Audio/Video files that were recorded from my web cam. I would like to be able to edit (remove)
some audio portions of these audio/video files without cutting out a section of the video. I have Windows movie maker but just alows me to cut the audio/video together. I also have Goldwave. This works great for audio files but does not support video.
Do you know of any programs that will allow me to do this?

Thanks,
Sid

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/edit-audio-in-windows-media-audio-video-file.1029670/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi guys I've been coming across an issue lately and wanted to get some insight as to what exactly is going on I'm guessing it's the video card and all my drivers for it are up to date but I want to make sure The first time this happened was on see attached screenshot It's happened + switching when TV) BSOD monitor to dual(monitor from single a total of times in the past two weeks and always at the same BSOD when switching from single monitor to dual(monitor + TV) instance I have a single monitor plugged into my video card HD and also have my TV plugged in as well for when I want to watch movies and such Typically I am running my PC in dual BSOD when switching from single monitor to dual(monitor + TV) monitor mode duplicate screens even when the TV is off but when I turn to TV on these past times the screen flashes black as normal but instead of both screens appearing again in tandem the TV is blank and my pc monitor now has a GSOD I've attached another screenshot as well from It does not happen every time but as I noted it's done this times As instructed I've also attached my zip file with all the info from DM Log Collector Let me know if I'm missing anything else that you need My pc specs are in my profile as well

A:BSOD when switching from single monitor to dual(monitor + TV)

Bump.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/333940-bsod-when-switching-single-monitor-dual-monitor-tv.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey guys I ve 2 Error switching layer layer to dvd+r burning! Dual not when been going nuts trying to burn some Ricoh DLs and so far have successfully made coasters It seems regardless of the program i use it Dual layer dvd+r not burning! Error when switching to layer 2 wont burn so i figure its a DVD writer issue For the record i ve tried Dual layer dvd+r not burning! Error when switching to layer 2 both imgburn and Nero They both hit errors when it tries to burn layer usually at imgburn or nero I m running Vista SP gb memory Quad core q ghz PLDS BD-RE dh- b s nvidia gtx I ve saved a log from nero heres the info Nero Ahead Software Windows Vista IA WinAspi - NT-SPTI used Nero Version Internal Version Recorder lt PLDS BD-RE DH- B S gt Version D - HA TA - Adapter driver lt Serial ATA gt HA Drive buffer kB Bus Type via Inquiry data Connected to MMC as unknown drive with class-nr Drive is autodetected - recorder class Std MMC recorder CD-ROM lt TSSTcorp DVD-ROM TS-H B gt Version D - HA TA - Adapter driver lt IDE gt HA Scsi-Device-Map DiskPeripheral Phantom iaStorV Port ID DMA On CdRomPeripheral TSSTcorp DVD-ROM TS-H B iaStorV Port ID DMA Off CdRomPeripheral PLDS BD-RE DH- B S iaStorV Port ID DMA Off DiskPeripheral ST AS iaStorV Port ID DMA Off CdRomPeripheral FJ C CVN E B aq dyq Port ID DMA Off CDRom-Device-Map TSSTcorp DVD-ROM TS-H B G CdRom PLDS BD-RE DH- B S I CdRom FJ C CVN E S CdRom AutoRun Excluded drive IDs WriteBufferSize Byte BUFE Physical memory MB kB Free physical memory MB kB Memory in use Uncached PFiles x Use Inquiry Global Bus Type default Check supported media Disabled Burn DVD Image Text File SCSIPTICommands cpp Line LockMCN - completed sucessfully for IOCTL STORAGE MCN CONTROL Text File Burncd cpp Line Turn on Disc-At-Once using DVD media Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Last possible write address on media MB Last address to be written MB Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Write in overburning mode NO enabled CD DVD Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Recorder PLDS BD-RE DH- B S Media type DVD R DL Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line gt gt gt Protocol of DlgWaitCD activities lt lt lt Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Setup items after recorder preparation TRM DATA MODE - CD-ROM Mode indices index not provided original disc pos not relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required not required - gt TRM DATA MODE config wanted index blocks length blocks I PLDS BD-RE DH- B S -------------------------------------------------------------- Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Prepare I PLDS BD-RE DH- B S for write in CUE-sheet-DAO DAO infos MCN quot quot TOCType x Session Closed disc fixated Tracks to Idx Idx Next Trk TRM DATA MODE x FilePos ISRC quot quot DAO layout Start Track Idx CtrlAdr Size NWA RecDep lead-in x x x x x x lead-out x x Text File SCSIPTICommands cpp Line SPTILockVolume - completed successfully for FSCTL LOCK VOLUME Text File Burncd cpp Line Caching options cache CDRom or Network-Yes small files-No lt KB Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Caching of files started Text File Burncd cpp Line Cache writing successful Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Caching of files completed Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Burn process started at x KB s Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Verifying disc position of item not relocatable no disc pos no patch infos orig at write at Text File DVDPlusDualLayer cpp Line Disc finalized LBA total Image size MB Last LBA L MB SPTI - File SCSIPassThrough cpp Line CdRom SCSIStatus x WinError NeroError - CDB Data xAD Sense Key x KEY ILLEGAL REQUEST Sense Code x Sense Qual x Sense Area x A Buffer x dd Len x Text File DVDPlusDualLayer cpp Line L Data Zone Capacity set to C CB h MB - gt OK confirmed setting CDR - File DVDPlusDualLayer cpp Line Burning Layer Text File DVDPlusDualLayer cpp Line Start writing layer at address h Recording mode unknown Recording Mode SPTI - File SCSIPassThrough cpp Line CdRom SCSIStatus x WinError NeroError - CDB Data xAD Sense Key x KEY ILLEGAL REQUEST Sense C... Read more

A:Dual layer dvd+r not burning! Error when switching to layer 2

I am not an expert and don't understand the error message, but do you have the latest driver for your DVD drive? the d/l disks you are using, is it possible that they are made for DVD drives that burn DVD+R D/L at a higher speed than your drive can? One of my old drives used to be able to burn DVD+R D/L 2.4X disks, but before I knew, stores started selling 8X disks which I picked up without realizing that those were made for higher speed burners. After producing close to 10 coasters, I called the manufacturer to learn that my drive needed a new driver to deal with the fastest available disks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-layer-dvd-r-not-burning-error-when-switching-to-layer-2.755212/
Relevancy 45.58%

hey guys, does anyone know if this is possible?

i'm about to move a lot of video files and i'm concerned this might happen.

thanks

A:Possible for video files to lose video/audio sync when transferred to ext. drive?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-for-video-files-to-lose-video-audio-sync-when-transferred-to-ext-drive.909493/
Relevancy 45.58%

Everytime i watch a video online or on my computer the video and audio is usually out of sync The video would always lag behind the audio and when i pause the video the video would keep on going till it keep up Here is my computer info ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name COMPUTER Operating System Windows XP Professional Build Service Pack xpsp - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer n a System Model n a BIOS n a Processor AMD Sempron Processor MMX DNow GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce MX MX Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce MX MX DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS B amp REV B Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Plug and Play Monitor Monitor Max Res Driver Name nv disp dll Driver Version English DDI Version or higher Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes ------------- Sound Devices out is sync of audio) audio behind and HELP!!!Video lag (video ------------- Description Realtek AC Audio Default Sound Playback Yes Default Voice Playback Yes Hardware ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS C amp REV Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver HELP!!!Video and audio is out of sync (video lag behind audio) Name ALCXWDM SYS Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo'd n a Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider Realtek Semiconductor Corp HW Accel Level Full

A:HELP!!!Video and audio is out of sync (video lag behind audio)

What is the source of the video? Are we talking youtube or like a DVD you are trying to watch on your computer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-video-and-audio-is-out-of-sync-video-lag-behind-audio-661060.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi

For those who are interested in converting audio files to video files in order to allow you the ability to upload directly to the likes of Facebook, Freemake's 'Free' Video Converter is worthy of your review and consideration.

Freemake Video Converter - CNET Download.com

Cheers,

Neil

A:Freemake's 'Free' Video Converter - Audio to Video for Facebook.

Hi Neil/Anyone else reading this,

Please be aware of the potential malware/PUP issues addressed in this thread:

Freemake Video Products

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/289765-freemakes-free-video-converter-audio-video-facebook.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,

I am trying to save this advert to my computer but I don't know how? any website or etc. please.
Here is the advert link:

http://a1130.v165447.c16544.g.vm.ak...annel=On+The+Box&category=&site=thesun/portal

Thanks,

Nick0219

Relevancy 45.15%

I am having problems with my computer, in fact my old laptop had the same problem with the same video files, any 1080p video files I may have on my computer will have a problem where the audio will stop for 3 - 5 seconds while the video continues to play, if I play-through the whole video with the audio stopping, the video ends before the audio, but if I skip to the end of the video at any point in the playback, the audio is in sync. I'm wondering if it is a Windows 7 related bug because the computers with the problem all run Windows 7. I could only find things on the internet regarding video websites like Youtube and such but I couldn't find anything with files on the computer. If those same videos I have problems with are uploaded to a video hosting website, they play just find without skipping on the website, even when my Internet slows around 6PM.

A:video files. audio keeps stopping, video continues to play

*bump*

I am still having this problem

Can someone please help me?

Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/577512/video-files-audio-keeps-stopping-video-continues-to-play/
Relevancy 45.15%

ive been putting up with bad audio on my pc for ages i did post a while back but got a dead end anyhow just before xmas i came across a service pak for WIN se i tried it amp things seem fine sometime after i noticed my audio problem caused failure audio inc audio MP3 comp - with video by creative mp player editing software had mysteriously repaired its self well i was right chuffed this is MP3 audio failure - inc video with comp audio the longest ive gone without having to do a total re-install amp the audio is running nice n smooth right some more time passed amp one day i went on u-tube amp was watching videos amp had viewed a few when the page just sat there I thought it was a memory thing so i rebooted went back to u-tube amp it just sat there static i thought -oh its just the broadband playing up again- as u do ill look tommorrow again it was static well after about a week of fiddling i found that WAV files dont seem to be affected and videos on the pc are ok but its a compression fault MP s play for second amp stop ive several players inc winamp same thing on all if u go to u-tube the video starts amp locks ziltch gt bright idea lt i re-installed the service pak amp PRESTO mp now working for a while errrr ive re-installed this service pak uninstalled amp re-installed the audio card driver so many times but with no joy the service pak has the most reponce Last nite the videos amp MP s stopped playing AGAIN GRRRRRRRRRRR i installed ALL the service pak amp it worked fine today i tried to play a MP file it doest play AGAIN STATIC this is getting stupid does anyone have a clue as to whats going on thnx russ SYSTEM ghz cpu - mb ram - creative audigy bit card yrs old now - cd burner only - std win se system - pinacle capture card from - nothing new amp no other real problems ive got win XP SP on another HD but prefer win as ALL programs run on well almost egh nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mp3-audio-failure-inc-video-with-comp-audio.676903/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello.

I am a DJ and I wish to on my website make a video which is going to be a still image with my audio track playing at the same time. Windows Media Player don't like me at the moment so is there any free solutions or advice someone can give me?

Many Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/295564/audio-and-video-and-images-whats-the-best-way-to-make-video/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi, my relatively new "HP ENVY TouchSmart m7 Notebook PC" has been having crippling lag while playing video games. The lag slows the computer down to about 0.2-0.5 frames per second, and slows the audio down to match the video speed (which produces a grinding sound). This lag happens every 10-45 seconds depending on how long the computer has been running. Some help would be appreciated.

A:Grinding audio/video lag during video games (CPU related?)

What antivirus program are you using? Is the notebook fully updated using Windows Update? Are you running Windows 8.1?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/grinding-audio-video-lag-during-video-games-cpu-related.201939/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi I m having a problem I ve tried everything I know of or could find in a couple days of searching Since installing a new problems causing card New video video, audio power supply amp video card my PC is having frequent slowdowns The mouse will freeze for a few seconds and then teleport across the screen typing text like this post will have occasional freezes and then catch up etc In online gaming City of Heroes the video will stutter Also the sound stutters both in the game and when playing system sounds and MP s Ingame New video card causing video, audio problems the sound and video both stutter at the same time My first thought was heat so I installed a program called RivaTuner to let me see the video card temperature It hovers around - degrees celsius when web browsing and has risen as high as degrees while gaming I haven t gamed for more than two consecutive hours yet so it may go even higher That said the fans seem to be doing a good job of removing the heat and the problems are about the same regardless of temperature According to what I ve read for a video card anything under degrees is good I opened the device manager and uninstalled the old video card driver There were no hardware conflicts and DMA was not disabled DirectX is updated to Drivers the new video card came with a CD that installed nv disp dll which Windows XP says is unsigned On the off chance the card didn t come with the latest driver I downloaded the most recent one I could find from the MSI website but it was the same The audio driver is also unsigned but it always has been and it hasn t been a problem before Tried updating that downloaded a generic A from Realtek sound problem got worse I then tried the latest available for my motherboard at the manufacturer s website A with no change I also checked the motherboard manufacturer s website for any updated chipset drivers one of the suggestions I got from searching these forums but there wasn t anything new listed for my motherboard System info OS Windows XP Professional Version Service Pack Motherboard ASRock Dual-SATA Processor AMD Athlon GHz RAM GB Kingston ValueRAM -Pin DDR New Video Card MSI N GT MB PCI Express x Old Video Card MSI NX MB AGP X X New Power Supply CORSAIR CMPSU- VX W ATX V Old Power Supply FSP Group FSP - THN-R W ATX Audio RealTEK AC Audio ALi M Nothing is overclocked The new card is in a PCIe x slot but they re supposed to be backward compatible so in theory I should just not be getting the full performance Thanks in advance for any help Marian EDIT I ve just discovered that both the video and audio drivers are now signed Must ve happened when I downloaded the latest ones EDIT While doing another search I came across the claim that stuttering is almost always due to CPU activity I ran a couple of tests and I think this may be the problem What I did was open the Windows Task Manager and click on the performance tab then launch City of Heroes The CPU usage instantly shot up to I logged in and played a little bit and the usage mostly stayed above occasionally dipping but the lowest it ever got was I then closed CoH opened Winamp and played an MP The CPU usage ranged from to and the audio stutter always coincided with an increase This gives me some new keywords to search with so maybe I ll find the answer on my own But if anyone knows what might be causing this I d sure appreciate any help nbsp

A:New video card causing video, audio problems

You are using an AGP video installed with a PCI express video card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-video-card-causing-video-audio-problems.120586/
Relevancy 44.72%

Heya, I'm new here, recently, my friend said I had a computer that could have a "dual DDR channel"? I dont know much about computers, and i wanted to know more, so he checked my computer with a program thats called "Cpu-Z" and it said my DDR channel was Single, even though all my "RAM" slots are filled with DDR 512mbs, any reasons why?

A:Switching from Single DDR channel to Dual DDR channel?

Well there may be a setting in Bios to set it for dual channel
Or even a little jumper on the Motherboard that must be placed on the correct pins

You will need to download your computer's (or motherboard's if it's not a name brand) Manual

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/switching-from-single-ddr-channel-to-dual-ddr-channel.114512/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi guys First of all I Off, and and Running Slow, off AVG Itself Really Switching on Firewall Switching Windows On itself Computer would like to thank you in advance for your help and assistance I have both DDS reports but for some reason everytime I run the RootRepeal programme it never finishes I let it run for hours last night and it never got to the end Anyhow here are the DDS reports DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by david at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- Computer Running Really Slow, AVG Switching Itself On and Off, Windows Firewall Switching itself on and off D D BF Computer Running Really Slow, AVG Switching Itself On and Off, Windows Firewall Switching itself on and off Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch C WINDOWS system svchost -k rpcss C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C WINDOWS system slserv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNetwk exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings david Desktop dds scr C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google co uk mWinlogon Userinit c windows system userinit exe c windows system sdra exe BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer c e -b - bc - - c ca - c program files real realplayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO Search Helper ebf - f- bff-a f-b e aac b - c program files microsoft search enhancement pack search helper SEPsearchhelperie dll BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper e a dc - - a - ea-dc ec acf - c program files windows live toolbar wltcore dll TB amp Windows Live Toolbar fa ef- d- d - b f- a d - c program files windows live toolbar wltcore dll TB BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - No File TB BED - B- BC- E-C C DD F - No File TB D D -C B- BD-AE - A BC FA - No File TB CBE -C B- F- BC- CBB E D - No File TB amp Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - TB amp Google c b - - d - b - a cd f - TB BB D -A - B -A -C A F EC - No File EB Real com fe fa -d c- d - fa- c f afe - c windows system Shdocvw dll EB BED - B- BC- E-C C DD F - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun AVG TRAY c progra avg avg avgtray exe dRun CTFMON EXE c windows system CTFMON EXE dRun Power GoExpress quot c program files cyberlink power go Power GoExpress exe quot IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - F B - A - F - DB-E F AEC - c program files windows live writer WriterBrowserExtension dll DPF B CFB- - -A -C A C - hxxp messenger zone msn com binary msgrchkr cab cab DPF B EF- C - CA-BFBA- A E - hxxps support microsoft com OAS ActiveX MSDcode cab DPF B BCA- F C- CF- - - hxxp fpdownload mac... Read more

A:Computer Running Really Slow, AVG Switching Itself On and Off, Windows Firewall Switching itself on and off

Hi,My name is Syler and I will be helping you to solve your Malware issues. If you have since resolved your issues I would appreciate if youwould let me no so I can close this topic, if you still need help please let me no what issues you are still having, in your next reply.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following bold text.
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
/md5start
eventlog.dll
scecli.dll
netlogon.dll
cngaudit.dll
sceclt.dll
ntelogon.dll
logevent.dll
iaStor.sys
nvstor.sys
atapi.sys
IdeChnDr.sys
viasraid.sys
AGP440.sys
vaxscsi.sys
nvatabus.sys
viamraid.sys
nvata.sys
nvgts.sys
iastorv.sys
ViPrt.sys
/md5stop
CREATERESTOREPOINT
Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedThen please post back here with the following logs: OTL.txt Extra.txtThanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/279063/computer-running-really-slow-avg-switching-itself-on-and-off-windows-firewall-switching-itself-on-and-off/
Relevancy 43.86%

Once again, I am trying to put together a video presentation.... I can upload the vids from the stick to the comp and apple with play them ... corel snapfire will play them- but when I try to load them to ULEAD video studio 10 - the program only loads the audio and says there is no video.... HELP PLEASE!!!!

Relevancy 43.86%

hulu, youtube, cnn, everything is out of sync i tryed using eevery web browser i have, and no change. im running vista. i had service pack2, but then it updated to service pack1, and then it updated to service pack2 againg..LOL! didnt make much sense to me. please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-audio-are-not-synced-on-streaming-video.1026058/
Relevancy 43.86%

I recovered few deleted mpeg video files using recuva undelete from my 8 yr old windows pc. Few of the files are very fine but few important ones have only audio running and there is no video in it. Pls suggest what to do. i tried different players like vlc, real player, window media etc but all are running audio only.

can anyone suggest what to do so that i may get and see video also ? or is there any better video recovery tool ?

A:recovered video file has no video but only audio

As you had to "recover" the files, and not simply copy them off the HDD, I'll state the obvious, the files are damaged. The fact that they have audio, would indicate the recovery software did it's job.

Open the files using gSpot or MediaInfo and see if the files can be properly identified.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recovered-video-file-has-no-video-but-only-audio.1090933/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello. I am trying to watch live video on nbcolympics.com. When I load a video, the advertisement comes up and plays, then when the streaming loads, the video goes black, but I can hear the audio .

Any suggestions? I'm running an intel i7 on Win7 ATI Mobility Radeon HD 58XX graphics card. I have tried upgrading my drivers, to no avail...

A:Solved: Streaming Video - Audio, no Video

I found the solution on another website - disabling hardware acceleration by right clicking on the video and going to 'settings' resolves this issue. Then the browser needs to be restarted.

Apparently its a fairly common problem with the current Flash build.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-streaming-video-audio-no-video.1062949/
Relevancy 43.86%

im making a vcd(cd rom that plays on a home dvd player) and i wanted to know what i should put for framerate, bitrate under video and audio?

A:video and audio format settings for a video cd

same as the source file.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/361410/video-and-audio-format-settings-for-a-video-cd/
Relevancy 43.86%

I m running Windows XP and my default media player is Windows Media Player After I downloaded a video clip properties audio format MPEG only you play file video? video tell me Can no a why would audio, Layer- and played it widows media player opened and at the bottom it says acquiring codec then codec acquired but all I get is sound no video A friend of mine downloaded the same file from the same link and they didn t have any problems but I don Can you tell me why a video file would only play audio, no video? t know what operating system or media player they re using However after I downloaded Media Player Codec Pack the video played back just fine My question is how do I Can you tell me why a video file would only play audio, no video? know if it s a problem with the FILE or with my SYSTEM possibly my media player I wanted to burn the file onto a CD but I d like to know Can you tell me why a video file would only play audio, no video? up front if the file is going to play correctly on my friend s PC or not This is the first time I ve ever encountered this problem and admittedly don t know a great deal about the ins and outs of video files codecs and players Thanks Fred

A:Can you tell me why a video file would only play audio, no video?

You may be not happy with my reply, but I'd dump WMP and start using VLC Player: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/It has all necessary codecs built in.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/338388/can-you-tell-me-why-a-video-file-would-only-play-audio-no-video/
Relevancy 43.86%

i can find the setting, im guessing there isnt one..so maybe its a special Regedit tweak, my problem is that i baught this USB FM audio transmitter so i can listen to my CD's or DVD's over my car radio..anyways when i select the FM-Transmitter (Griffin RocketFM) in audio setting it disconnect the sound from my integrated laptop speakers..what i want is for them bith to run simutaneously so i can have to reboot and select my output everytime..i know this can be done but how..or what settings

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-audio-help.459447/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,

I usually use Dr. Divx to encode the DVDs to avi format. I was wondering how can I encode a DVD to avi with multiple audio stream support.

If its not possible in Dr. Divx can someone please suggest some other software

Thanks

Relevancy 43.43%

Pretty Basic Example of What I would like. I have my speakers outside hooked up to my computer playing audio through iTunes.

So when I come inside, I would like to use my headphones, but while still playing the audio outside.

It looks like windows only lets me choose one, is their any way to get around this?

A:Set up dual audio on windows 7?

Unless itunes has the option in it somewhere to use other than the Windows default device, no. If it does set the headphones as the default device, and in itunes set the speakers as the playback device.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/177000-set-up-dual-audio-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hey Everyone,

I have dual monitors with DVI and VGA.
I have Realtek High Definition Audio and want to set up audio throught both. When the second monitors is connected through the rear black port the speakers of the second monitor when tested through setting but do not work when playing audio through a media player.

Any suggestions? I would like both monitors playing audio.

A:Dual Monitors with two audio

The GREEN audio jack is the Speaker jack. If you want audio from both monitors (I assume both monitors have built in speakers) get a "Y" cable, with a 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo plug on one end and two 1/8" stereo jacks on the other end. Plug one monitor into one orf the stereo jacks and the other monitor into the other jack.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/263660-dual-monitors-two-audio.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I've found that I bit off Dual drivers? audio more than I could chew and overestimated my 'tech savvy-ness' when I bought an HP laptop and did a clean install of windows to get rid of all the bloatware I'm having sound issues and I think it may be driver related Have this HP dv - us I've gone to the support section of the website Dual audio drivers? and downloaded the audio driver they have listed for my model When I looked up my devices and drivers I found that I had two drivers both labeled quot High Definition Audio Device quot by Microsoft I ran the setup file that I downloaded from HP support which changed one of the drivers to IDT High Definition Audio Codec but left the other driver as it was High Definition Audio Device I've noticed that my volume has greatly increased and the sound quality is better but I'm having some issues with popping and crackling First of all I'm wondering why I have two audio drivers in the first place Dual audio drivers? And secondly should they be different drivers or should they be identical

A:Dual audio drivers?

You remember to install the video driver?

AMD High-Definition Graphics Driver HP Pavilion dv6-3210us Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

probably find the second one is for the HDMI audio built into the HD 4250 graphics.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/142996-dual-audio-drivers.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello,

I have just built a 64 bit PC system with dual xeons and can not seem to get any audio working with my two external usb sound cards, Creative Extigy and an M-audio Fast Track USB. I am running MS XP x64 Professional OS but had installed Vista first and at that point the audio cards worked fine. I reformatted the drive and installed XP x64. With XP x64 I get no sound from the Creative Extigy and scratchy static audio from the M-Audio Fast Track. How can I get good audio from these sound cards using XP x64?

Thank you for any help! I really need it!!!

Brian

A:XP 64 / dual xeons / cant get audio working - PLEASE HELP!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-64-dual-xeons-cant-get-audio-working-please-help.624371/
Relevancy 43%

Hi All...

I need some help please. I have just downloaded a movie, but the problem is it is in 'dual audio'. Can anyone please tell me how to put the language into English? Getting frustrated...lol.

Thanks very much for any help

A:Dual Audio Problem on Movie

Use a decent media payer that allows you to select audio tracks?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-audio-problem-on-movie.68823/
Relevancy 43%

Hi
I would like to install a second sound card in my computer. To that end, I have purchased a PCI sound card which is touted as being a 6 channel card made by a Taiwanese company called Pine. I eventually got the driver to load. However, this has not given me the facility of having two sound cards but in fact none. The computer, by the way, is a IBM Netvista running a P4 processor at 1.5 Gig with 256 Mb ram. The normal sound is on the M/board.
Could someone tell me what will have to be done to get two separate sound cards operating? I suspect that what happened when I loaded the second driver was that it removed the standard link.

Relevancy 43%

Hello all. I recently set up 2 monitors but am having trouble getting audio to go on stream. Realtek surround sound -> fibre optic cable -> tv -> computer via HDMI, computer -> monitor 2 via chord with 2 screws. xsplit and dazzle using virtual audio cable but sound wont capture when i switch to my monitor to play the game. need to split audio signal?

A:Audio, Dual Monitor, Streaming

I'm not sure exactly what you have configured or what you want to do. I think you want two different audio outputs from the PC and you can only have one "Default Audio Playback Device" - either the "Speakers" (PC sound card), "HDMI" or "Digital".

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/220693-audio-dual-monitor-streaming.html
Relevancy 43%

I've been thinking about setting up a live internet feed for a while, and the only problem I'm seeing now is trying to capture both the audio from the TV and my microphone. The capture device I would use takes the audio and video out from a TV and transfers it via USB, and the microphone I use plugs into a standard 1/8th inch jack. Is there any software I could use to combine both the microphone and sound from the capture device into one track?

If not, is there an easy to use capture device that would allow me to capture both the audio from a TV and from a microphone?

For reference, the capture device that I would be using is a Pinnacle Dazzle DV100 ( here), and the microphone is from a Logitech headset.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dual-input-audio-mixing-446275.html
Relevancy 43%

Firstly i'd like to say i'm not sure if i'm the correct section but anyways.

My computer only has 1 HDMI port so for me to use dual monitors ive got

HDMI port from pc to HDMI port on monitor

Then I have got DVI from pc to HDMI monitor (DVI-HDMI Cable)
But my audio sounds very low at times and very dis-orientated
can anyone help me with a solution as its a pain not to listen to music or watch videos etc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-monitor-audio-issues.1167551/
Relevancy 43%

I have my monitor (vga) and my tv (hdmi) hooked up to my desktop computer. When I listen to music I have it open on my monitor and the sound comes through the bookshelf speakers I have connected via the audio jack. However when I want to watch a video, I watch on the TV and I want the sound to be coming from the tv. Currently I go into the volume settings and change the default playback device. Is there anyway to do this automatically?

A:Dual monitors, different audio outputs?

Short answer, NO. Windows will only allow one default audio playback device, such as "Speakers" or "HDMI", but not both.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/277828-dual-monitors-different-audio-outputs.html
Relevancy 43%

hi. i recently bought a geforce gt 630 graphics card for my pc, and decided to plug in my large hdtv as a second monitor through hdmi. it works great!!! except for one thing...... i cant play a video on my second monitor(tv) and play a game on my main monitor and have the audio come from where the video is. i can have the audio come from the tv or my headphones, but not both. is there a way?

james

Relevancy 42.57%

hello friends... i had dual booth winxp and win7. but each time i start winxp then i shutdown then open win7, i got this error... it is with Audio?
pls advise me how! thanks

A:Audio - erro dual boot xp &win7

Did you let the wizard search for a better driver or software for that device?

View solutions to problems found by typing problems in start search box.

You can also proactively start a search on the internet by Googling the device name + Windows 7. Find the manufacturer's website and look for Win7 drivers or software. Ot look got newer software/driver on your computer manufacturer's Support Downloads page for your model.

Uninstall the software in Control Panel and see if it can run with just driver. Most audio can run with driver and doesn't need a software package besides.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/53746-audio-erro-dual-boot-xp-win7.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi All I need a soundcard which can handdle audio recording and playback without creating white noise I have tried virtual soundcard but gives sound with white noise any advice appreaciated

A:Audio Advice Need Dual Sound Card

M-Audio audiophile 2496http://www.djequipmentandlighting.com/mau24.htmlSome things to readhttp://home.earthlink.net/~rongonz/home_rec/soundcard.htmlhttp://homerecording.com/sound_card_basics.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/166411/audio-advice-need-dual-sound-card/
Relevancy 42.57%

I'm looking to burn a some videos that have multiple audio tracks (one English, and the other Japanese). Basically what I'd like to do is be able to swap between English/Japanese audio at will. I've seen commercial DVD's do such a thing before, but I don't know how to do it myself. So, how can I burn a DVD that has swappable audio tracks (note I'll be using an average DVD player)?

Currently I use a program called ConvertXtoDVD, but if I need a different type of software to do what I'm describing I'd be willing to try it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/521769/how-do-i-burn-a-dvd-with-swappable-dual-audio-tracks/