Windows Support Forum

286 gig hd on new laptop is full???

Q: 286 gig hd on new laptop is full???

I gig is on full??? hd laptop new 286 originally posted this question on the widows board and it was suggested that I post it here I have a gateway laptop with a gig hd running win Have been without any protection for a while and the kids that use this go on facebook and all that kind of stuff The computer says that the HD is basically full Now I have a PC at my shop that has the same size HD and was our home computer as well sor several years That one has loads of photos plus games plus all my business info on quick books and that 286 gig hd on new laptop is full??? HD is only about half full I have renewed my Norton since the 286 gig hd on new laptop is full??? first post and have run the scans and clean ups but this HD is still packed to the gills There is also a very large program that says it was downloaded before I got the computer This is in a file of desktop icons When I tried to open it to see what it was it asked if I wanted it to make changes to my system so I aborted the operation Any ideas or suggestions

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/319835/286-gig-hd-on-new-laptop-is-full/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: 286 gig hd on new laptop is full???

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 41.71%

Can anyone help me?
I recently purchased a laptop from a company that i used to work for which went into administration. I can log on with my details as normal, but I am unable to install software or complete any upgrades as it keeps asking for Administration password. I have tried calling the IT people that took care of the laptops for this but they are not responding back regarding the password. When I use to have upgrades done the IT people would do this remotely. I have contacted Toshiba, who have said I will need to order a recovery disk, but this will wipe out all data. Does someone know of less drastic action?

Running Windows Pro 64bit

Any help will be appreciated

A:Cant get full access to laptop

*Due to the nature of this question and the post count on your account.*

If it was truly sold or donated to you from your last company, you must have them fix this issue. Having us provide you with any information to bypass the local security set on the laptop would be unethical and possibly illegal.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/176595-cant-get-full-access-laptop.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello all This is my first post and I have a problem - or rather my daughter's laptop has Following a power supply repair to her laptop by a local company the computer is now Malware Laptop Of Full plagued by questionable popups and Firefox keeps multi-launching uninvited web sites I've tried the usual Spybot Adaware solutions with no avail One strange thing that happens is that Windows Security Centre keep on asking if I want to install the following Advanced XP FixerAdvanced XP DefenderSystem DefenderFrom my searches on my own PC it looks as if these products have a whole shed load of malware embedded in them - correct me if I am wrong I am reluctant to act on these 'nags' as I had originally installed Sophos Anti Virus which is now not working on the laptop with Windows firewall One other thing I've noticed - a folder in Program Files named Laptop Full Of Malware Eroca which has an eroca exe file within it I've managed to obtain Laptop Full Of Malware a HiJackThis report as below I tried running DSS from the desktop but it hangs and stops responding when examining the registry Short of reformatting the drive or throwing the thing out of the window I'm at my wits end Any help suggestions that anybody can provide would be greatly appreciated Sincerely dfv Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exec Program Files Sophos AutoUpdate ALsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC WINDOWS system Rundll exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exeC Documents and Settings Robyn Davis Desktop dss exeC PROGRA HIJACK ROBYND EXER - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www live com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO IP - AF- E - B-BA -A AF E E D - C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data ipd ipb dllO - BHO no name - A B -AF - F-AA E- BFFBF C - C WINDOWS system opnkhfeE dllO - BHO no name - A C - C D- c -A B- A B A - C WINDOWS system trwckmev dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO no name - A - BD- B- DB- E - C WINDOWS system pmnkHYPG dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - BHO f c -b f- a- - b c - c b - - -a -f b c f - C WINDOWS system annkdxxp dllO - BHO no name - FF B - ABF- - BE - F B - no file O - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - HKLM Run iSecurity applet rundll exe iSecurity cpl SecurityMonitorO - HKLM Run BM aca Rundll exe quot C WINDOWS system gqaqmvnq dll quot sO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - Extra context menu item amp Windows Live Search - res C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll search htmO - Extra context menu item Open with WordPerfect - C Program Files WordPerfect Office X Programs WPLauncher htaO - Extra button no na... Read more

A:Laptop Full Of Malware

Hello dfv8 and welcome to BC. Let's see what we can find. Please follow the steps below in order:Before running a new scan let's clean out the temporary folders. Download ATF Cleaner to your Desktop.Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.Click Select All found at the bottom of the list.Click the Empty Selected button.If you use Firefox browser, do this also:Click Firefox at the top and choose Select All from the list.Click the Empty Selected button.NOTE : If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.If you use Opera browser, do this also:Click Opera at the top and choose Select All from the list.NOTE : If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.Close ALL Internet browsers (very important).Click the Empty Selected button.Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.Now download OTScanIt from here or here to your Desktop and double-click on it to extract the files. It will create a folder named OTScanIt on your desktop.Note: You must be logged on to the system with an account that has Administrator privileges to run this program.Close ALL OTHER PROGRAMS.Open the OTScanIt folder and double-click on OTScanIt.exe to start the program (if you are running on Vista then right-click the program and choose Run as Administrator).
In the Drivers section click on Non-Microsoft.Under Additional Scans click the checkboxes in front of the following items to select them:Reg - BotCheck
File - Additional Folder Scans
Do not change any other settings.Now click the Run Scan button on the toolbar.Let it run unhindered until it finishes.When the scan is complete Notepad will open with the report file loaded in it.Click the Format menu and make sure that Wordwrap is not checked. If it is then click on it to uncheck it.Save the file to your desktop or other location where you can find it back.Use the Add Reply button and attach the file in your next post (do not try to copy/paste it into the post). Cheers.OT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/152234/laptop-full-of-malware/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi,

I just posted another thread and got my answer there via the Nero Info Tool 5. This tool was awsome and it showed me something more that made me think:

When I go to the window called "Hardware" it shows me my hardware specs and not everything adds up: It says that my RAM is at 2Gig but it should say 4Gig. What does this mean?

Another thing: Same tool says that my graphic-card needs an update but when i go to update it, it says that it has the latest update.

A:Laptop not using full power of my RAM?

Please fill in your system specs, though I will also reply with my suspicions without those.

Windows of any version in 32-bit will only address 4 GB of memory, max. You likely also have an integrated video card, which will use "shared" memory, taking memory from your RAM, decreasing the amount of memory available to the system.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/131366-laptop-not-using-full-power-my-ram.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi... I have a relatively new laptop (Dec. 2009). Running windows 7. It says I have next to nothing left for hard drive space, so what can I get rid of, or could I have a virus of some sort? I am currently without any virus protection other than what is included in the OS. There are some programs listed that I can't identify, so I don't want to delet them in case they are something I really need....any way to research them?

A:"New laptop-286 gig, win7 HD full? (help)

Well first i would look into making sure your machine is clean by doing the following:I suggest that you Please post a in the Am I infected? What do I do? sub-forum with a description of your problem, the steps taken so far, and a link back to this topic (they will want to know why you suspect malware).Please note: the Malware Response team are always overwhelmed, and it could take a few days to get your first reply. Just be patient and don't "bump" your topic by replying to it.If you still have problems after being declared clean, they'll send you back here.Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/318775/new-laptop-286-gig-win7-hd-full-help/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi everyone

I have a Toshiba Equium laptop OS Windows7.But the monitor screen is not full.
It fills from the left side and finishes on the right leaving approx.50 mm of blank screen ?!! 
Have checked screen resolution etc.  Just wondering if it has something to do with the machine or is it  
the OS.Any comments will be gladly appreciated.

Regards

bigals 07

A:No full screen on laptop

Have you tried replacing the graphics driver?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/487880/no-full-screen-on-laptop/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi please tell me how to take my laptop back to original settings as it is infected with numerous trojans.

Im using windows vista

Thanks

Sarah x

A:Laptop full of trojans

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Quote:

Hi please tell me how to take my laptop back to original settings as it is infected with numerous trojans.

Im using windows vista

Thanks

Sarah x

There may be a number of ways you can accomplish that depending on the make and model of your computer and whether you have a Vista installation disk available or not. You would be best helped at our Windows Vista/Windows 7 Support forum for that.

However, if you wish to try cleaning the system off the malware, we want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

a link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined below. Use a USB flash drive to download and transfer the tools to the affected machine, if necessary. You might like to run the Flash_Disinfector.exe on the clean machine and the flash drive first to protect against any possible transfer of infection via USB.

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/laptop-full-of-trojans-608868.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I m thinking of buying an ultrabook but the question of scaling of images and text to make them readable is putting me off buying one with a QHD i e gt x px screen at the moment Could someone advise me on this I presently have a quot Windows laptop with a x px screen on which adjusting image size is easy with webpages and MS Excel Word Laptop? Full QHD or Screen HD etc simply by altering the zoom factor Image quality doesn t seem to be affected when you do this However in applications such as video editing and graphics packages etc you cannot zoom and can only change the screen resolution of the laptop Decreasing the resolution - or changing from the natural screen resolution - doesn t alter the image size with these packages but simply makes the text less sharp Does the same thing apply with a QHD screen QHD or Full HD Screen Laptop? What I m concerned about is buying an ultrabook with a QHD screen on which the images are so small that I can t see or read them Can you get around this problem i e to make the text images larger Is it worth me getting a QHD screen if I QHD or Full HD Screen Laptop? don t intend to upgrade my software I have the option of getting a QHD or a Full HD x px ultrabook Which should I choose Advice appreciated nbsp

A:QHD or Full HD Screen Laptop?

I've not used one with a QHD. And it will likely largely depend on your eyesight. But I find even 1920x1080 on a screen smaller than 22" starts to become hard to read. I'd recommend viewing one in person before making a decision.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/qhd-or-full-hd-screen-laptop.1117206/
Relevancy 41.71%

hopefully someone can help
ive had my laptop (wireless) for 6 months and dont do an awful lot on it
today i checked the space taken up on the drive and was horrified to see it only has 10gb out of 120 left
on futher investigation on the c drive i found that under programe data there was a folder called aoldiag w hich is using 40gb does anybody know what it is there are further files in it like aolservice host and win1.5.6.1
ive tried sending it to the recycle bin but it just freezes the laptop
i use aol on both laptop and pc
any ideas?????

Relevancy 41.71%

I got a new laptop with widows 7. I was going to install system machanic pro 9.5. But somthin happened and i cant uninstall norton. How do i reset the laptop to how it was when i first started it, where i have to enter the comp name and all?

A:full reset new laptop

Can you do a system restore previous to the Norton install?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/47690-full-reset-new-laptop.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello I have a laptop Hp envy m6-n012dx which is not supported in india, but i have purchased it from an online site.now it's screen and touch  are broken even left hinges also. I am not able to find it's module in any service center of hp.Can you help me

A:laptop full module needed

Hi I'm not sure how much this will help you but i found the Manuals for your PC http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04498499 And in page 21 there is part numbers for LCD related parts you can see if you can order it from somewhere or the HP part store online.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/laptop-full-module-needed/td-p/5627338
Relevancy 41.28%

ok i deleted kaneva and my recovery on my laptop went blue whats a recovery partition and where would i find it include steps please

A:recovery almost full brand new laptop

Quote: Originally Posted by ragefire

ok i just got a new laptop 2 weeks ago the recovery is already full i have uninstalled 5 games and graphic apps too big i went in control panel and uninstalled all 5 at different times now i have one small game sims laptop version witch i had installed from the begining so thats not the problems and kaneva witch is small
for my computer this was like this before i installed kaneva so what do i do is this bad for it to be almost full

You probably have several backups that could be deleted.

Check the recovery partition.
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/85430-recovery-almost-full-brand-new-laptop.html
Relevancy 41.28%

newly purchased laptop dell 7000 series windows 10..Iwhen i went online this am the top half showedbut the bottom half was blackan triangle yellow with black explanation point icon appears on the the bottom row of the pagewhen i navigate to other pages like gmail the same thing happensHow do I correct this?

A:how do i get full screen view on my laptop

Are you seeing this only in your Browser? Have you rebooted?

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/how-do-i-get-full-screen-view-on-my-laptop/634.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I have a HP ze wm laptop the Walmart Black Friday laptop Here are the specs FACTORY SPECS Microprocessor Ghz Mobile AMD Sempron processor with AMD PowerNow Technology Microprocessor Cache KB L Cache Memory MB MHz DDR System Memory Dimm Memory Max MB Video Graphics ATI RADEON XPRESS M IGP Video Memory MB DDR shared user configurable up to MB Hard Drive GB RPM Hard Drive Diskette Drive Not Included Multimedia Drive X DVD CD-RW Combo Drive Display quot XGA TFT Display x Fax Modem High speed k modem Network Card Integrated BASE-T Ethernet LAN RJ- connector Wireless Connectivity g b g WLAN with HSM SpeedBooster support Speakers Altec Lansing Stereo speakers good sound Keyboard -key compatible Pointing Device Touch Pad with dedicated vertical Scroll Up Down pad I just upgraded the memory of the laptop by adding a Kingston MB PC -pin SODIMM stick When it boots up the BIOS recognizes it to have MB of memory When I m in Windows and I do a Properties on My Computer it only shows MB It seems like it recognizes the MB but thinks the original is now I flipped the positions of the two sticks of not amt. full recognizing Laptop memory to see if it might recognize it Same thing Laptop not recognizing full amt. of memory They are also seated in fine Can anyone explain why the full amt of memory isn t being detected by Windows nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

I have two machines at home names are quot PC quot and quot LAPTOP quot User name for my Admin user on both machines is quot Anna quot They are each connected to my internet hub just a dumb and very basic hub provided by the ISP I want both machines to have full access to all drives one each machine When I first set it up I was in a hurry and gave full access to quot Everyone quot on the quot LAPTOP quot and that seemed to give the PC access PC? and trust Full access Laptop my between and to it's drives But it doesn't work the other way But what's the nice and less crude way of doing this I don't want to have to re-do it and I don't want to have to enter any passwords I want it to be like at work when I am automatically connected to all network drives upon logging on Since this isn't wireless there are no huge concerns of anyone else being able to tap into the machines Full access and trust between my Laptop and PC? security isn't a concern -I care more about convenience Any tips appreciated and sorry about the n b questions

A:Full access and trust between my Laptop and PC?

Originally Posted by martienne

I have two machines at home, names are "PC" and "LAPTOP".
User name for my Admin user on both machines is "Anna"

They are each connected to my internet hub, just a dumb and very basic hub provided by the ISP.

I want both machines to have full access to all drives one each machine.

When I first set it up, I was in a hurry and gave full access to "Everyone" on the "LAPTOP" and that seemed to give the PC access to it's drives. But it doesn't work the other way!
But what's the nice and less crude way of doing this?

I don't want to have to re-do it and I don't want to have to enter any passwords.

I want it to be like at work when I am automatically connected to all network drives upon logging on.

Since this isn't wireless, there are no huge concerns of anyone else being able to tap into the machines; security isn't a concern -I care more about convenience.

Any tips appreciated and sorry about the n00b questions.

The following link shows how to set up drive sharing for network access. Adjustments to both the sharing tab and most importantly the Security tab are required.

You can also create a Homegroup between those two machines then add the drives to any Library for access.

Permissions Problem ?? Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/48624-full-access-trust-between-my-laptop-pc.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Can someone please please help me I m tearing my hair out This problem has been intermittent for weeks but is getting worse and the guys on BT s helpline were about as helpful as a crocheted condom My partner and I work from home - she s on a Dell laptop downstairs I m on the desktop HP pc upstairs We re using a wireless connection through a BT homehub Every morning when I log onto the PC I have to reset the local network adapter in order to go online - it solves the problem every time The real issue is with the laptop It keeps dropping connection and even when it shows up with a full signal it can t connect to the internet on laptop signal, Full internet but no and when it does it s really really slow I ve tried resetting the IP address I ve gone in to make sure the network isn t hidden I ve checked the WEP key I Full signal, but no internet on laptop ve even had it right next to the pc which helps only marginally occasionally Please help We can t afford to buy another new laptop and I can t work out what the Full signal, but no internet on laptop problem is I m no techie - I know one end of a USB from the other and I can work to a set of instructions but I really really need your help Ideas Suggestions Full signal, but no internet on laptop Big box of chocolates and a lifetime s supply of gratitude to the winner Thanks Taz x nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

Hello everyone i have a problem with my laptop it is acting very weirdly so i'll start this right from the beginning I have laptop i'll list the specs little bit later on it's Asus X J with Windows and i bought this machine about a year ago and it was really good laptop by the time and used to work very not speeds laptop runing is My full on well and i could play games with it no problem but now about a month ago it started getting slower and slower it took abnormally long to start up and the disc was about in use at the first - minutes when i logged in to my user so i decided to refresh it with the program that you can find from computer setting in windows the one that will wipe all the drives clean and install windows again So now my laptop was pretty much in it's factory settings all the files removed viruses cleaned too if i had any suppose and the laptop was running smoothly like in the beginning when i got it new I started installing all the old programs i had to get My laptop is not runing on full speeds back to point where i were before the reset but i expected it to work fine now ofcourse my laptop had McAfee antivirus program but i wanted my avast that i had lisence left so i removed the McAfee with the uninstaling program that i found from it's folder and then i installed the avast but i found out that the avast had a huge effect on my pc's performance so i deleted it and started using windows defender Then i upgraded my pc to windows from windows store and the things My laptop is not runing on full speeds started to get bad again first thing My laptop is not runing on full speeds i noticed was that my Battlefield would not work it just kept crashing every time i tried to launch it i tried to repair the problem with no succes then my Intel reg Display audio started failing i tried to fix it by uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it didn't work and i tried to do windows upgrade which helped for that problem but the battlefield problem was still there So then i decited to refresh my pc once more the same way as earlier So now my pc was clean again and i started installing all the software's again but not avast this time and didn't upgrade to windows either cause it caused my bf to stop working so now my pc was fine for me i think and worked ok i ques but then i tried to install DayZ and play it and then thing started to go bad again i got error code x every time i tried to open the game and then i had to shut it down cause it gave me no other options bf worked tho but my google chrome started crashing and giving me hes dead jim error with purple screen and that dang block with weird face so then i figured that everything isn't ok now and started looking some answers again i tried to reset the google chrome as it was the instruction to do from googles own support and it didn't work so now i wen in to computer setting and next to refresh was the option to clean to computer if it's not working right this one didn't get rid of any of my files or most of them at least So now after doing that i didn't get the x error message anymore but my chrome keeps crashing tho and i got a different type of error which was x something i can't remember it sorry and my pc is running bit slow too my disc usage is again in high hundreds at few first minutes of my pc's start up and logging and then it settles and my windows defender is disabled too for some reason and i can't get it to work So that's my story with my Asus and those are the problems that i'm having so i would like to know that is there any way to fix this and get my pc working like a dream again someday or do i need to go to my back yard and dig a hole and bury this thing in the dirt ps my laptops specs are the following OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor Intel reg Core i - HQ CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT M - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584143/my-laptop-is-not-runing-on-full-speeds/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello I have posted in the AM 100% Laptop and full hard drive CPU - I INFECTED forum and have been directed here Topic link http www bleepingcomputer com forums t laptop- -cpu-and-full-hard-drive OBMy original post was Hello My friends Sony Vaio laptop is having major problems In normal mode Vista Home Premium starts and I have about seconds before the CPU useage goes to If I'm fast enough I can get task manager to start and it shows processes running but the total is about So I have a hidden process running Also if I'm fast enough I can open COMPUTER and it shows the C drive as bytes available of bytes The HD light is flashing nonstop At CPU useage I cannot load or run anything If I boot into Safe Mode I do not have the problems The hard drive shows Laptop - 100% CPU and full hard drive over GB available I am unable to install Laptop - 100% CPU and full hard drive anti virus or spyware software in safe mode The installer either says it can't run in safe mode or it cannot write to the registry I've cleaned many systems before but I am stuck on this I would LOVE not to have to reinstall Vista HELP I am unable to run in normal mode so all testing is done in safe mode My DDS txt is DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Run by Brittany at on Fri Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV Windows Live OneCare On-access scanning enabled Updated ADFC -B - A -BE -A D E C SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF SP Windows Live OneCare enabled Updated CC E BA-BA C- DDE-B AC-EA BC D B FW Windows Live OneCare Firewall enabled A D - E - A E-AE E- C DAAB Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k rpcssC Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live Antivirus MsMpEng exeC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Users Brittany Downloads dds scrC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uInternet Settings ProxyOverride localBHO MRI DISABLED - No FileBHO E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - No FileBHO AskBar BHO f d - - d - c -aa e ed - c program files askbardis bar bin askBar dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dllTB Ask Toolbar d e-fd b- e -b - d b f - c program files askbardis bar bin askBar dllTB C -DE B- BCF- C - EC D F - No FileEB MRI DISABLED - No FileStartupFolder c progra micros windows startm programs startup mri di ADOBEA LNK - StartupFolder c progra micros windows startm programs startup mri di adobea lnk - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AdobeCollabSync exeStartupFolder c progra micros windows startm programs startup mri di aolddi lnk - c ddi AOLICON exeStartupFolder c progra micros windows startm programs startup mri di blueto lnk - c program files widcomm bluetooth software BTTray exeStartupFolder c progra micros windows startm programs startup mri di quickb lnk - c program files common files intuit quickbooks qbupdate qbupdate exeuPolicies-explorer NoDesktopCleanupWizard x mPolicies-system EnableUIADesktopToggle x IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE Send image to amp Bluetooth Device - c program files widcomm bluetooth software btsendto ie ctx htmIE Send page to amp Bluetooth Device - c program files widcomm bluetooth software btsendto ie htmIE CCA CA-C - ef- - C D F - c program files widcomm bluetooth software btsendto ie htmIE A- - f c- - EE C C - E -E D - - C-F F E C - c progra micros office ONBttnIE dllIE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A... Read more

A:Laptop - 100% CPU and full hard drive

Hello and to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.-----------------------------------------------------------We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREKind regardsNet_Surfer

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/253180/laptop-100-cpu-and-full-hard-drive/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello My friends Sony Vaio laptop is having major problems In normal mode Vista Home Premium starts and I have about seconds before the CPU useage goes to If I m fast enough I can get task manager to start and it shows processes running but the total is about So I have a hidden process running Also if I m fast enough I can open COMPUTER and it shows the C drive as bytes available of bytes The HD light 100% drive full hard and Laptop CPU - is flashing nonstop At CPU useage I cannot load or run anything If I boot into Safe Mode I do not have the problems The hard drive shows over GB available I am unable to install anti virus or spyware software in safe mode The installer either says it can t run in safe mode or it cannot write to the registry I ve cleaned many systems before but I am stuck on this I would LOVE not to have to reinstall Vista HELP Thanks Gene

A:Laptop - 100% CPU and full hard drive

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (v1.40) and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.-- If Malwarebytes Anti-Malware results in any error messages, please refer to Fixes for common problems and Error Codes. Some issues with errors can be related to malware infection but others are not.Note: MBAM uses Inno Setup instead of the Windows Installer Service to install the program. If installation fails in normal mode, try installing and scanning in safe mode. Doing this is usually not advised as MBAM is designed to be at full power when running in normal mode and loses some effectiveness for detection & removal when used in safe mode. For optimal removal, normal mode is recommended so it does not limit the abilities of MBAM. Therefore, after completing a scan it is recommended to uninstall MBAM, then reinstall it in normal mode and perform another Quick Scan.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/252298/laptop-100-cpu-and-full-hard-drive/
Relevancy 41.28%

Right,

This time it's the full info!

Only get black & white output when connection my Tiny laptop to TV.

Laptop:
Tiny PIII 700
128mb ram
S-video out
connected to TV through S-video to scart lead
Display card is Trident Cyberblde i1 with 8mb of ram
TV:
Toshiba 48 inch with scart socket

------------------
Thanks,

Paul Mc

A:Laptop connecting to TV - Full info

Please don't post the same question more than once. Just reply to the original.

Closing duplicate.
http://www.helponthe.net/tsgbb/Forum9/HTML/004257.html

------------------
Get free stuff and help out a poor computer tech:
LarryCore begs for money

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-connecting-to-tv-full-info.34694/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have recently upgraded my HP Pavilion dv6799ea laptop from Vista to Windows 7 (32-bit). Everything works fine except one thing. On startup, when entering Windows, the fan comes on at full power. It remains on full power for 5 minutes, regardless of what the computer is doing during this time. The CPU and hard disk may be idle, it makes no difference. After exactly 5 minutes, the fan suddenly stops blowing at full power and reduces to its normal low level for the remainder of the time the computer is on.

When resuming from sleep or hibernation, the fan does exactly the same thing, again staying at full power for exactly 5 minutes before reducing. Needless to say, it did not do this in Vista, only since upgrading to Windows 7.

Any suggestions about this would be welcome.

A:Laptop fan on full at startup for 5 minutes

Hi richc72 welcome to the forum

My Toshiba laptop (15 months old) has been doing the same thing for about 4 to 6 months, without any OS changes.
I know it needs a clean, my keyboard is always dusty. I am led to believe some air intakes are through the keyboard spaces (?)

Recently cleaned my Acer-Vista laptop which had a fan-on-a-lot problem. Its back to acceptable operation levels.

How long since you cleaned the internals of your originally Vista lappy?

Not suggesting it is not the upgrade, but dust is an enemy of CPUs ... the fan.
Be warned don't use a household vacuum on your lappy, blowing or sucking. It can cause damage.

There are some excellent step by step YouTubes on how to clean lappies, even brand specific.
It takes a bit of trawling through the weak videos to find good tutes.

Hope this helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/320409-laptop-fan-full-startup-5-minutes.html
Relevancy 41.28%

i am using Toshiba Satellite L735 laptop. But my RAM isn't working properly. It shows 8GB but only 2.74GB is usable. I am attaching an image of that page. Can anybody tell me how to get it fixed????????????

Relevancy 41.28%

I decided to upgrade my parents laptop to Windows 7. The installation went fine but for some reason the laptop itself won't go to full resolution, The laptop in question is a Sony Viao PCG K315S. I just wonder if anyone has had the same problem and been able to fix it.

A:Laptop Wont Go To Full Resolution

What was the recommended resolution before upgrade? What is the currnent recommended resolution?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/173098-laptop-wont-go-full-resolution.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Spybot and Adaware are finding some nasties so I thought I d post The computer is running of Laptop junk Solved: full slowly too Here is the HJT log Logfile Solved: Laptop full of junk of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgrssvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgrssvc exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcpromgr exe C Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgfwsrv exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Hijack This HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell co uk myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell co uk myway R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - no file O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS System DLA DLASHX W DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run WMPNSCFG C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item amp Translate English Word - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmwordtrans html O - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache html O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Similar Pages - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsimilar html O - Extra context menu item Translate Page into English - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmtrans html O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button no name - FD BF-D F - b -BB - CCF E - C WINDOWS system shdocvw dll O - Extra Tools menuitem McAfee AntiPhishing Filter - FD BF-D F - b -BB - CCF E - C WINDOWS system shdocvw dll O - Extra button no name - CD F -D E - d - F... Read more

Relevancy 41.28%

I have a  broken display and hinges of hp envy m6-n012dx.now this laptop is not supported in india, hence any service center is not responding to me. is there any way that I can get full body module of thid model.Mine laptopnever fell but it got hinges issue, and that's why screenalso got broke.I came to know this hinges are very commonly causing problems in hp envy m6 series.my laptop is out of warranty and that's why it will cost around 16k inr(250$)which is half of the actual cost.helpme out

A:laptop full module needed

Hey , you can order the parts online , if you can provide me with the product number ill provide you with the part number for the parts you need,  #hpexpertday 

Regards;SmileyI am an HP employeePlease click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.Please mark Accept As Solution if my help has solved your problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/laptop-full-module-needed/td-p/5627559
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello. I have a Dell Inspiron 5520 with an IntelHD4000 Graphics card. I recently upgraded to a Samsung SSD and to Windows 10 and got everything to work. Everything was working fine until a few weeks ago, anytime I am in full screen, whether it be a movie or a game, it exits to the desktop. It seems to do it about every 3 minutes. The program doesn't crash, it just goes to the desktop. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
And I don't have AVG installed. I only say that because I've heard that is the usual culprit for this problem but I don't have it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/laptop-keeps-exiting-full-screen-1083337.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi there.

Whenever I shut down my computer fully, the next time it is turned on the screen is a multi-colour splodge. It's like a highly, highly (completely illegible) version of the real screen mixed with a random mess of colour. Sometimes the screen just stays dark and I have to cut the power and try again.

It fixes itself whenever I restart (NOT full shutdown). Restarts are fine and are actually seeming like a fix, but every full shudown produces this problem.
It's a Sony VAIO running Vista.

Please help me, this is really worrying.

Relevancy 41.28%

I have a Toshiba Satellite E DW-C came preinstalled with Windows so no disc obviously amp it came with some bloatware from Toshiba I have no idea what other junk is on this machine How can I do a quot fresh quot wipe or whatever you want to call it so only Windows is on the laptop I don't want any Toshiba How do can laptop? on of full a I my Windows reinstall software bloatware on the laptop Basically just barebones as if I built my this laptop myself and put a copy of Windows on it That is what I'm looking to do I just feel starting over again with nothing but Windows will improve the laptop I know you can do a system reset where it wipes all your data amp re-installs Windows but then the Toshiba's software is How can I do a full reinstall of Windows on my laptop? just installed all over again I don't know if this is possible but if it is how can I achieve this I'm not tech savvy at all so I appreciate the help

A:How can I do a full reinstall of Windows on my laptop?

Simply follow this Tutorial by Brink: Windows 10 - Clean Install

You can download Win10 install media direct from MS (nothing to do with Toshiba) and use the "Custom Install" option described in the tutorial, deleting all partitions.

You'll want to either burn a DVD or dedicate a 4-8 GB flash drive to making the bootable install media.

There are links in that tutorial to other tutorials for things you may not already know how to do.

Post back here if you have questions.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/39196-how-can-i-do-full-reinstall-windows-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi all my name is Tony first time posting here since most of the help laptop time Full needs student with viruses or minor problems I get I can Full time student needs help with laptop fix This time its different I was in the middle of a online test with my local community college when all of a sudden my computer shut down and re-booted itself after that it was history Initially I had pop ups that said I needed a scan and so on only difference Full time student needs help with laptop was my computer was super slow took like minutes to load And when I clicked on start it took another minutes to load that too So I tried starting in safe mode didn t work then I tried starting in safe mode with networking didn t work both of these safe mode options brought up a screen of random entries and such and then the computer just sate there doing nothing I selected the option of quot Last known good configuration your most recent settings that worked quot and that didn t work well it went back to super slow mode like if I started it normally Well after I finally got to the quot Directory Services Restore Mode Windows Domain controllers only quot option I got into safe mode My first attempt was to try to restore to a earlier time but my administrative privileges were reset and I couldn t I did a spybot scan and fix started normally and was super slow again but without the pop-ups Started again safe mode w and w o networking didn t work But the Directory service restore mode did work Did another spybot and malwarebytes scan same thing no change in speed and no popups I also got my administrative privileges back but all my restore points were gone its said quot no available restore points at this time quot I down loaded AVG and ran it in safe mode no change I came trend micro and downloaded hijackthis and here I am still in safe mode Also notice when I start in normal mode the computer seems to be running like if im running allot of programs at once I m not sure if its the processor running constantly or maybe the fan but its that sound of something spinning not abnormal when I used to run allot of programs at one doesn t do it in safe mode But the light in the upper right hand corner that tells you the computer is thinking at least that was what I was told blinks periodically and doesn t match the sound of my computer working hard you know when the computer is working hard that light just stay on till its done loading or whatever Please help I need my laptop and its contents for school Heres the highjack this log P S Thanks for any help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Acer eManager anbmServ exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus ISafe exe C Program Files Acer Acer Arcade Kernel TV CLCapSvc exe C WINDOWS system CTSvcCDA EXE C Program Files Acer Acer Arcade Kernel CLML NTService CLMLServer exe C Program Files Acer Acer Arcade Kernel CLML NTService CLMLService exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus VetMsg exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C Program Files Acer Acer Arcade Kernel TV CLSched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/full-time-student-needs-help-with-laptop.862993/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello. I have a Dell Inspiron 5520 with an IntelHD4000 Graphics card. I recently upgraded to a Samsung SSD and to Windows 10 and got everything to work. Everything was working fine until a few weeks ago, anytime I am in full screen, whether it be a movie or a game, it exits to the desktop. It seems to do it about every 3 minutes. The program doesn't crash, it just goes to the desktop. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
And I don't have AVG installed. I only say that because I've heard that is the usual culprit for this problem but I don't have it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/laptop-keeps-exiting-full-screen-1083337.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Ok, so I have a higher end emachines laptop.

I am suposed to have an AMD athlon 64 2.2ghz processor, however when I run DXdiag or a third party processor reader, its says anything from 793-800. When I go into the bios it says 2200, so is my machine really only running at 800mhz?

A:Laptop running to if full potential?

I would believe the reading that some so called readers give. you could try EverestHome which will tell you what you have inside your PC.
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/everest.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-running-to-if-full-potential.403461/
Relevancy 41.28%

hey i just got a new widescreen laptop today (resolution: 1366x768) and when i play a game it only takes up like a perfect square of the screen. I would like to make it bigger, even stretch it if i have to. Even when i switch resolution to 1200x700 it still takes up just a square and leave 2 black spaces on either side. And there are no resolution settings inside the game... Can someone please help?

A:New laptop, and games are not using the full screen. please help!

um...you made the game into a window other than a widescreen?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/new-laptop-and-games-are-not-using-the-full-screen-please-help-499275.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello everyone i have a problem with my laptop it is acting very weirdly so i ll start this right from the beginning I have laptop i ll list the specs little bit later on it s Asus X J with Windows and i bought this machine about a year ago and it was really good laptop by the time and used to work very well and i could play games with it no problem but now about a month ago it started getting My working not speeds on full laptop is slower and slower it took abnormally long to start up My laptop is not working on full speeds and the disc was about in use at the first - minutes when i logged in to my user so i decided to refresh it with the program that you can find from computer setting in windows the one that will wipe all the drives clean and install windows again So now my laptop was pretty much in it s factory settings all the files removed viruses cleaned too if i had any suppose and the laptop was running smoothly like in the beginning when i got it new I started installing all the old programs i had to get back to point where i were before the reset but i expected it to work fine now ofcourse my laptop had McAfee antivirus program but i wanted my avast that i had lisence left so i removed the McAfee with the uninstaling program that i found from it s folder and then i installed the avast but i found out that the avast had a huge effect on my pc s performance so i deleted it and started using windows defender Then i upgraded my pc to windows from windows store and the things started to get bad again first thing i noticed was that my Battlefield would not work it just kept crashing every time i tried to launch it i tried to repair the problem with no succes then my Intel R Display audio started failing i tried to fix it by uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it didn t work and i tried to do windows upgrade which helped for that problem but the battlefield problem was still there So then i decited to refresh my pc once more the same way as earlier So now my pc was clean again and i started installing all the software s again but not avast this time and didn t upgrade to windows either cause it caused my bf to stop working so now my pc was fine for me i think and worked ok i ques but then i tried to install DayZ and play it and then thing started to go bad again i got error code x every time i tried to open the game and then i had to shut it down cause it gave me no other options bf worked tho but my google chrome started crashing and giving me quot hes dead jim quot error with purple screen and that dang block with weird face so then i figured that everything isn t ok now and started looking some answers again i tried to reset the google chrome as it was the instruction to do from googles own support and it didn t work so now i wen in to computer setting and next to refresh was the option to clean to computer if it s not working right this one didn t get rid of any of my files or most of them at least So now after doing that i didn t get the x error message anymore but my chrome keeps crashing tho and i got a different type of error which was x something i can t remember it sorry and my pc is running bit slow too my disc usage is again in high hundreds at few first minutes of my pc s start up and logging and then it settles and my windows defender is disabled too for some reason and i can t get it to work So that s my story with my Asus and those are the problems that i m having so i would like to know that is there any way to fix this and get my pc working like a dream again someday or do i need to go to my back yard and dig a hole and bury this thing in the dirt ps my laptops specs are the following Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - HQ CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT M - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC X JB Antivirus Windows... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-is-not-working-on-full-speeds.1152285/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi I just got a new Acer Laptop weeks ago It has Disk on Acer Hard New Laptop Full a GB hard drive and runs on the Vista Home Premium operating system I have only downloaded my FujiFilm Camera software and my new Koday ESP- printer software to this computer I purchased an quot iPod to Computer quot program in an effort to restore my gb iPod library to the hard drive of this computer and the program seems to be working fine The problem is that I Full Hard Disk on New Acer Laptop keep getting messages that the quot C quot drive doesn t have enough space for the iTunes library and that I am running on low disc space When I click on the quot computer quot icon to check the stats the quot C quot drive shows that it is nearly full I just don t know this disc can be this full already There is also a quot D quot drive that has gb free space but the iPod conversion program and iTunes always configures everythig to the quot C quot drive The quot C quot drive looks to have around a capacity of gb before it somehow got full Even at that gb of the quot D quot drive and gb of the quot C quot drive don t add up to the gb hard drive this laptop is supposed to have and why are there different hard drives Full Hard Disk on New Acer Laptop instead of Full Hard Disk on New Acer Laptop just one Bottom line is how do I know what programs and files I can safely delete from the quot C quot drive in order to download or copy my iTunes library to the quot C quot drive Or is there some way I can reconfigure the iTunes library to the quot D quot drive I just don t understand how the quot C quot drive could have so much stuff on it already And once I get the iTunes library loaded will there be room for anything else This all seemed to be much easier with my Compaq Presario and it only had a gb hard drive with a ton of other stuff on it and I didn t have these problems I ve been working on this for days and am frustrated and at a loss for how to proceed Any help or advice you can offer will be most appreciated Dustylg email protected nbsp

A:Full Hard Disk on New Acer Laptop

Acer have partioned your drive into two
1) C:
2) D:

If you are using vista then it is quite easy to move all your data files across to the D drive

have a read here
http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=215

Itunes will also allow you to have the music library anywhere you want it
I would remove all the music
setup your data in the D drive as above link
Now in itunes
goto
Edit
preferences
advanced tab

you can move the folder across to your D drive now

then copy all the music across , if you have 30GB of music, and with pictures that will probably fill up the D: drive ......

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/full-hard-disk-on-new-acer-laptop.780505/
Relevancy 40.85%

Dear honored ... I have been looking for the Complete Set of Body Cover for My laptop HP DV6 6165txi.e. I need Complete Base Cover, Top Cover Without Touch Pad as my touch pad is working,LCD BODY Cover Front and Back.As my Plastic Body of my lappy severely got damaged. It's the time for me to replace all body case ... I browsed partsurfer by entering the product name i.e. 6165tx returned the result but i am unable toselect the item i need to purchase as Add Cart and Check Payment tabs not working. Please help me in this regard i need complete body cover for my powerful lappy ASAP ...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/I-need-Full-Body-Cover-for-My-HP-DV6-6165tx-Laptop/td-p/5635686
Relevancy 40.85%

can do it on another laptop without any problems. I have now had to start doing a Custom Scan as the full scan is just so slow that there must an issue with the full scan. Can I fix it or do I just have to carry on doing a Custom Scan only?

A:Can't do a Windows Defender full scan on one laptop but

Depending on the files it is scanning or if another process is running at the same time it may take a while. Let it do its thing.

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/59829-cant-do-windows-defender-full-scan-one-laptop-but.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hey here is a log from a panda scan She has XP and how can I !!!! Solved: of crap Daughters full laptop get rid of Solved: Daughters laptop full of crap !!!! all this stuff Thanks Incident Status Location Adware adware program Not disinfected C WINDOWS SYSTEM data Adware adware ncase Not disinfected C WINDOWS msbb gdf dat Adware adware wintools Not disinfected Windows Registry Spyware Cookie YieldManager Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Autumn Crawford Cookies autumn email protected txt Spyware Cookie Hbmediapro Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Autumn Crawford Cookies autumn email protected txt Spyware Cookie Ask Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Autumn Crawford Cookies autumn email protected txt Spyware Cookie Belnk Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Autumn Crawford Cookies autumn email protected txt Spyware Cookie Azjmp Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Autumn Crawford Cookies autumn email protected txt Spyware Cookie Banner Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Autumn Crawford Cookies autumn email protected txt Spyware Cookie Belnk Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Autumn Crawford Cookies autumn email protected txt Spyware Cookie BurstNet Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Autumn Crawford Cookies autumn email protected txt Spyware Cookie Com com Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Autumn Crawford Cookies autumn email protected txt Spyware Cookie Belnk Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Autumn Crawford Cookies autumn email protected txt Spyware Cookie empnads Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Autumn Crawford Cookies autumn email protected txt Spyware Cookie go Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Autumn Crawford Cookies autumn email protected txt Spyware Cookie Searchportal Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Autumn Crawford Cookies autumn email protected txt Spyware Cookie Target Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Autumn Crawford Cookies autumn email protected txt Spyware Cookie BurstBeacon Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Autumn Crawford Cookies autumn email protected txt Spyware Cookie Yadro Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Autumn Crawford Cookies autumn email protected txt Spyware Cookie YieldManager Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Autumn Crawford Cookies autumn email protected txt Spyware Cookie Hbmediapro Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Autumn Crawford Cookies autumn email protected txt Spyware Cookie Ask Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Autumn Crawford Cookies autumn email protected txt Spyware Cookie Belnk Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Autumn Crawford Cookies autumn email protected txt Spyware Cookie Azjmp Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Autumn Crawford Cookies autumn email protected txt Spyware Cookie Banner Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Autumn Crawford Cookies autumn email protected txt Spyware Cookie Belnk Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Autumn Crawford Cookies autumn email protected txt Spyware Cookie BurstNet Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Autumn Crawford Cookies autumn email protected txt Spyware Cookie Com com Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Autumn Crawford Cookies autumn email protected txt Spyware Cookie Belnk Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Autumn Crawford Cookies autumn email protected txt Spyware Cookie empnads Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Autumn Crawford Cookies autumn email protected txt Spyware Cookie go Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Autumn Crawford Cookies autumn email protected txt Spyware Cookie Searchportal Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Autumn Crawford Cookies autumn email protected txt Spyware Cookie Target Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Autumn Crawford Cookies autumn email protected txt Spyware Cookie BurstBeacon Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Autumn Crawford Cookies autumn email protected txt Spyware Cookie Yadro Not disinfected C Documents and Settin... Read more

Relevancy 40.85%

hii have a probook 455 and i wanted to know is there any full-hd or hd+ screen that matches with this model?i think my lcd is like this:http://www.laptopscreen.com/English/model/HP-Compaq/PROBOOK~455~G1~(F2P93UT)/and i read this link:http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/hp-probook-4540s-upgrade-laptop-screen...i want to know if other hp lcd's or other brands can be used? help me if you know the full-hd or hd+ lcd model.actually i am not satisfied with contrast of 455

A:hp probook 455 upgrade laptop screen to full hd

Yes and No.No as the comupter and components are designed to best suite with eachother. So manufacturers will not support using incompatible parts though custamization is accepted.Yes as there are technicians who can mix and match the components but the combination needs regular maintenance and watch. I would not recommand doing this as it may end up in failutes and issues.Workaround would be to buy a HD monitor(ecternal) and connect it. There are n number of options in HD monitor to choose from.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/hp-probook-455-upgrade-laptop-screen-to-full-hd/td-p/5712182
Relevancy 40.85%

When I ordered my HP laptop, it was advertised at 80gb. I see that the recovery partition is at 8gb, so that leaves 74 left. I have 34.2gb or 66gb free right out of the box, even after i uninstalled some of the preloaded software, it was still at 40gb free of 66gb. Why? Vista does not take up 20gb, and even then going from 74 left to 66 for an OS is just unreasonable.

A:New laptop comes with half full hard drive?

Well they advertise an 80 gb hard drive. But that doesn't mean 80 gb in windows. It means about 74 gb.
Hard drive manufactuers use base 10 counts. 1000 bytes=1kb and so on.
Windows use binary counts. 1024 (2^10) bytes = 1kb.
So you start with 74 GB. (People have started using Gi, Mi, Ki to represent this base 10 size method. 80 GiB * 1000^3 / 1024^3 = 74GB)

8 GB for recovery leaves you with 66 gb for your partition.
So you only have 40 gb free out of 66 gb?
Vista is probably using the space for the system restore feature.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-laptop-comes-with-half-full-hard-drive.620914/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a Compaq Presario CQ50 laptop and it has a tendency to black out when I play streamed shows in full screen mode. I have to do an emergency shutdown and reboot it in order to get it working again. It happens on sites like Hulu.com, or anyplace using Adobe Flash Player, and only in full screen mode. I updated the latest version of the flash player but it still continues to black out. How else can I fix this?

Thank you.

Relevancy 40.85%

Hello, a couple months ago I had the mobo replaced on an hp pavilion dv series laptop. It has a full keyboard including the 10 key. When the num lock is off everything is fine. When its on 6 keys work as numbers. It never use to do this. Before the mobo replacement the num lock only controlled whether the 10 keypad was on or not. Why has this changed?

Thank you for the help.

Relevancy 40.85%

How many memory slots (full, not sealed) in the HP laptop 15-ay084ur (X8P89EA)?

A:How many memory slots (full, not sealed) in the HP laptop 15...

Dear Customer,  HP laptop 15-ay084ur has 2 memory module slots and supports upto 16GB. Please go through the below guide for complete information:http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05087748  Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-many-memory-slots-full-not-sealed-in-the-HP-laptop-15/td-p/5824376
Relevancy 40.85%

I m trying to fix a friends HP G laptop win that won t boot I get a blank screen semi lit but esc does get me the boot options I m pretty sure the mobo cpu mem and maybe HD are ok since I can run diags and install and run Ubuntu from disc Diags disc won't Solved: (maybe) laptop full boot; say mem ok but HD diag quits at with msg quot disc is full quot The owner has no clue it Solved: laptop won't boot; disc full (maybe) if s full or not I also booted from a System Mechanic CD which ran diags on the boot record found and quot fixed quot a problem but still no boot My problem is how to see the G HD so I can delete some files it appears there s only meg free I ve never seen a full HD prevent booting on a PC but found the problem mentioned on a Mac forum I am clueless in Ubuntu and could not even find the drive It s like Ubuntu partitions itself off from the native system only showing you its own file system I hoped I could see the disc and delete some stuff Ideally what I need a boot disc with the equivalent to Windows built-in quot Disk Cleanup quot which I hope in clearing out cache and temp files would give the system room to breath if I was dealing with a tower desktop I d just remove the drive and attach it to my tower system but don t have the right adapter Any suggestions Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

Hi there, I bought this laptop 7 days ago- memory is saying have used 22gb out of 28 already. Got avira anti-virus- no viruses found- confused  Can't see any obvious space issues- not downloaded anything but googlechrome, java and avirait is a HP Notebook 14 ac 114na any ideas?    

A:hard drive full new laptop hp 14 notebook

Hi, The following link shows specs of your computer:      http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/products/laptops/product-detail.html?oid=9249482#!tab=specs It only has 32GB of storage, minus few others this won't give your much but it has a multi-format SD media card slot. Please use SD card to store user data. Windows 10 on your machine allows you to store some apps to this SD card to free up the primary storage. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/hard-drive-full-new-laptop-hp-14-notebook/td-p/5475266
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi I purchased a used Sony Vaio want scan used laptop, a spyware full Bought Win XP which Bought used laptop, want a full spyware scan was corporate-owned and find the machine to boot up and run slow I ran Hijack to see if any spyware may be present on this Below is the log in quotes BTW this machine is now used on the Runescape game site Thank you quot Bought used laptop, want a full spyware scan Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync Wcescomm exe C PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exe C Program Files IEEE g USB Wireless LAN Wireless LAN WlanUtil exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office msoffice exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings cjg Desktop HijackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run Ad-Watch C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware Ad-Watch exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run H PC Connection Agent quot C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync Wcescomm exe quot O - Global Startup IEEE g USB Wireless LAN Utility lnk C Program Files IEEE g USB Wireless LAN Wireless LAN WlanUtil exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Create Mobile Favorite - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - C PROGRA MICROS INetRepl dll O - Extra button no name - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - C PROGRA MICROS INetRepl dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Create Mobile Favorite - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - C PROGRA MICROS INetRepl dll O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - Service Ad-Aware Service aawservice - Lavasoft AB - C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe O - Service AVG Alert Manager Server Avg Alrt - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe O - Service AVG Update Service Avg UpdSvc - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe O - Service AVG E-mail Scanner AVGEMS - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe O - Service iPod Service - Unknown owner - C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe file missing quot nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bought-used-laptop-want-a-full-spyware-scan.650420/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello.

A friend of mine has had issues with his laptop for a while.

I had kept telling him to go through the steps here but he decided to just install different AntiVirus.

So eventually he has passed the laptop to me for me to run through the steps.

Given that MalwareBytes found 1,350 infections, I'm expecting some work here.

I did run the various removal tools for the anti virus programs he had run and so it's just left with Windows Defender at the moment.

Apparently whenever they go on line they get some sort of nude pop up. I haven't opened up a browser myself and only connected to allow HitmanPro and MGTools to run.

Thanks in advance... Logs attached.

A:Friend Of Mine's Daughter's Laptop Full Of Pop Ups

Remaining files

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/friend-of-mines-daughters-laptop-full-of-pop-ups.313486/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi,

I recently had a hard-drive failure on my Lenovo 3000 N200 laptop. I managed to get all the data off and buy a new hard-drive. However, I couldn't find the original XP disk that came with my laptop, and so I replaced it with an old version of XP Pro that I used for another computer (Dell, I think). All is fine, and the OS is installed. But half the drivers are missing and I can't access the net to download them (the drivers for that seem to be missing too). I'm assuming then that I need the specific Lenovo XP disk in order to install Windows with all these drivers intact?

Any workarounds or advice you can give?

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 40.85%

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hey everyone My names mike and i have been an avid gamer for many years now At the moment I m in the middle of building a computer which i only need a new video card and processor for But thats not what this post is about So anyway I Bought the Toshiba Sattelite A -S For Business Toshiba full Not running potential? Laptop, Purposes But being the gamer i am i needed to have at least game installed on it This game is Warcraft III Frozen Throne An older game which does not require that great of a pc to run well My problem is that even Toshiba Laptop, Not running full potential? though this laptop should run this game perfectly well on all high setting graphics it runs choppy at any type of graphics setting i use I have tryed all combinations of in-game graphics settings All Resolutions i have tried nothing helps Toshiba Laptop, Not running full potential? The specs on this laptop are MS WINDOWS VISTA SP GENUINE INTEL CPU T GHZ DUAL CORE GB RAM ATI RADEON XPRESS M SERIES I know for a fact that overheating is not the problem i have the laptop on its side next to a box fan closed at all times using an external monitor I use CCleaner Advanced Windows Care and AVG Anti Virus All daily so i know that my computer is clean from any kind of registry problems or adware and spyware If anyone could help me out with getting my wc to run smoothly i would be greatly appreciative Thanks in advance Also i used to run world of warcraft on this computer and that only got - fps on all low settings when i know it shouldve gotten somewhere around nbsp

A:Toshiba Laptop, Not running full potential?

It's the laptops video chip that is the trouble. Can you increase the RAM used by the video chip? This is done in the laptops bios

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-laptop-not-running-full-potential.110979/
Relevancy 40.85%

I noticed that my computer has been acting buggy since I accidently went into a bad site I hate when I put enter w o double checking the address and now I including Help! errors full Laptop 2203 of can t install anything I recently upgraded to a newer Blackberry so I really need to install the BlackBerry desktop manager but I keep getting the error code that I think is coming spyware Here s my HT log Thank you guys in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Saver TPwrMain exe C Program Files TOSHIBA SmoothView SmoothView exe C Program Files TOSHIBA FlashCards TCrdMain exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe Help! Laptop full of errors including 2203 C Program Files Yahoo Common YMailAdvisor exe C Program Files Yahoo Search Protection SearchProtection exe C Program Files AT amp T Internet Security Wizard ISW exe C Program Files AT amp T AT amp T Internet Security Suite RPS exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Logitech Logitech WebCam Software LWS exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD TOSCDSPD exe C Users Sara Program Files DNA btdna exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C Program Files AT amp T Internet Security Wizard ISWComHandler exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe Help! Laptop full of errors including 2203 C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IELowutil exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Hosts localhost O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO AskBar BHO - f d - - d - c -aa e ed - C Program Files AskBarDis bar bin askBar dll O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO Pop-Up Blocker BHO - C EA -E A - E -A -D B C A - C Program Files AT amp T AT amp T Internet Security Suite pkR dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O -... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-laptop-full-of-errors-including-2203.867484/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi agian all,

I recently purchased a Advent 9517 laptop with vista on from pc world, when i boot and press F2 I get the bios screen up but there are no options in there for cpu tempature or memory options.. is there a way of accessing this information, reason being laptop has shut down a few times due to overheating and i wish to check the shut down temps to compare to logs.
Many thanks

A:help accessing full bios on advent vista laptop

Hello rs2ooo16valve

Have you tried removing the CMOS battery and then clearing CMOS with the
jumper set to clear for about 30 seconds, and then put it back the way it
was?

Clearing the CMOS can be done a few ways. The most common way is to use the jumper on the motherboard. This jumper has two settings. Normal and Clear. Moving the jumper to the Clear setting will erase the settings stored in CMOS. It does not remove the BIOS itself, only the user defined settings within the CMOS. When you clear the CMOS you will most likely see the error message "CMOS Checksum Error" on the next reboot. You can enter the BIOS setup at this point or before and reconfigure the settings.

Another method is to remove the CMOS battery from the system. Removing the battery is usually the second method as it may take anywhere from 15 minutes to 8 hours in order for the CMOS to loss the settings. Once the CMOS is clear, you should know by the "BIOS checksum error, press F1 to continue ", or "CMOS Checksum Error - Defaults Loaded" message at bootup.

You may also be able to clear the CMOS in some cases by forcing a system configuration change. Changing hardware, such as adding or removing a few SIMM's may cause a CMOS error and allow you to proceed to the BIOS setup.

On a few systems it may be possible to clear the CMOS by pressing the Ins key during the power up of the system. Holding the Key down may clear the CMOS and restore the defaults. This may or may not work on your system.

On some boards, it must be moved to the Clear position while the power is OFF, then moved back. If you power on the board with the jumper in the clear position, it can damage the board.

regards

Craig

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-accessing-full-bios-on-advent-vista-laptop-231311.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I installed the Bluestacks android emulator.  It installed a number of programs including YTDownloader.  I deleted all of the unwanted programs I could find, uninstalled Bluestacks, ran Malewarebites (it found a number of problems and removed the files), ran spybot search and destroy (it found and removed a few items), ran Avast's scan (it found and removed a few items), but the strange behavior persists.

I no longer have pop ups coming from the side of Firefox windows, but as soon as the computer boots to windows the fan goes to full power and never stops spinning at full.  Even with everything I can think of closed and the processes ended, the CPU runs at least 30% as the fan turns and churns at full power.

A:Bluestacks Install - Now Laptop Fan Constantly Runs at Full

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2. SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.NOTE 3. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message restart computer and Security Check should run Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit to your desktop.Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting prompt.MBAR will st... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548684/bluestacks-install-now-laptop-fan-constantly-runs-at-full/
Relevancy 40.42%

I have a Mobile Precision 5510 CTO laptop base with a Intel i7-6520HQ processor and a Nvidia Quadro M1000M graphics card. I want to connect it to a external Dell U2715H and a Dell U2415 monitor.
What docking/cabel connections do I need to get all monitors running in full resolution?
Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994522
Relevancy 40.42%

hi,

I want to perform a clean install because my computer has lost its devices and the registry has been corrupted. Is a reinstall the same as a full clean reinstall? Can i perform a full clean install without the official instalation disc? Could i write my own version? DOes window have a download pack like that?

Thanks for any and all help.

A:Full clean reinstall for a laptop that came with windows preloaded.

Hello and welcome roobosh

You cannot do a clean install if you dont have the windows installation disk. But if you have the system/factory restore disk of OEM manufacturer, you can perform a factory restore, which is as good as a clean install; it will bring your computer back to the state when you purchased it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/214887-full-clean-reinstall-laptop-came-windows-preloaded.html
Relevancy 40.42%

We're having a problem with my son's computer hard laptop due drive. won't Toshiba to full boot that we haven't been able to solve or find an online solution He has a Toshiba Satellite L Toshiba laptop won't boot due to full hard drive. with a GB hard drive He was using it to play xBox live using the ethernet connection and after some time he noticed the computer screen was blank with a movable cursor He turned off the computer hoping that the problem would resolve itself when rebooted He shut it down with the power button but when he powered it back on it went to the Windows Error Recovery screen He launched Startup Repair but that resulted in a black screen with the mouse cursor Starting Windows normally brought him back to the Windows Error Recovery Screen after sitting on the quot Starting Windows quot screen for a minute or so Using a Windows install disk to attempt a repair install only brings up the same black screen with the mouse cursor Booting from a Linux thumb drive gives quot error mounting quot message when trying to access the hard drive and says quot a file system wasn't safely closed on Windows quot We've followed the quot Troubleshooting Windows Failure to Start quot guide on this forum and nothing has worked to load or repair Windows until Step Partition Wizard boots and shows the hard drive with partitions A screen image is attached His main partition is full but we can see all of his files when we explore that partition We were able to copy the two smaller partitions to an external hard drive but get an quot out of memory quot error when trying to copy the GB main partition Obviously the full hard drive is a problem and we wonder if the computer may have gone into hibernation and is an additional complication to accessing the hard drive We've thought that if we could delete some files on the hard drive maybe Windows would boot but we can't access the drive to delete them At this point with a full hard drive and seemingly no way to back up his files we're looking for help before trying to make changes to the drive which might further put his data in jeopardy As you may have guessed he has no backup of his important files so we want to make sure we are doing the right thing before we proceed Thanks

A:Toshiba laptop won't boot due to full hard drive.

I would run a chckdsk /f with an installation DVD. You can also pull off stuff from the full drive with a live Linux CD or use that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/357986-toshiba-laptop-wont-boot-due-full-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I bought a asus s f sweet machine but I can t believe all the crap they put on this machines now days I am almost tempted of doing a complete re-install of windows either way here is the hijack this report I am looking for what could be setting off the internal speaker every few minutes it just sounds like a ding but very muffed also what else can i get rid of here without jeopardizing most features Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C click and internal new speaker crap of full - laptop Program Files Intel Wireless new laptop - full of crap and internal speaker click Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files ASUSTeK ASUSDVD PDVDServ exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files ASUS Power Gear BatteryLife exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Wireless Console wcourier exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EOUWiz exe C Program Files ASUS Splendid ACMON exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS ATK HControl exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C WINDOWS system ACEngSvr exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtMng exe C WINDOWS ATK ATKOSD exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosA dp exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtHid exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtHsp exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA MICROS Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Macromedia Dreamweaver Dreamweaver exe C WINDOWS system acovcnt exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack tosOBEX exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack tosBtProc exe C WINDOWS system procexp exe C Documents and Settings carlos My Documents hijackthis sfx HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www asus com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www asus com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www asus com O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files ASUSTeK ASUSDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run Power Gear C Program Files ASUS Power Gear BatteryLife exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run Wireless Console C Program Files Wireless Console wcourier exe O - HKLM Run ABLKSR C WINDOWS ABLKSR ABLKSR exe O - HKLM Run IntelZeroConfig quot C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelWireless quot C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe quot tf Intel PROSet Wireless O - HKLM Run EOUApp quot C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EOUWiz exe quot O - HKLM Run ACMON C Program Files ASUS Splendid ACMON exe O - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run HControl C WINDOWS... Read more

A:new laptop - full of crap and internal speaker click

I guess the most important thing would be to find out what is making the board speaker... if that is what it is go off...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-laptop-full-of-crap-and-internal-speaker-click.554778/
Relevancy 40.42%

I have a Dell Vostro running Vista Home Premium I started noticing that when playing games sometimes performance would go down considerably which coincided with doesn't Laptop and speed fan reach overheats full the laptop being considerably hotter to the touch I Laptop overheats and fan doesn't reach full speed installed speedfan to check if this was true and as it turns out the gpu can reach up to C without the fan going full speed I can hear it run but not full speed The fan might reach full speed but not necessarily when the temperature is at is highest which means that the laptop usually overheats when playing videogames I m not sure if this Laptop overheats and fan doesn't reach full speed has happened since I purchased the laptop or after upgrading BIOS I Laptop overheats and fan doesn't reach full speed currently have the latest BIOS from Dell A and the latest reference drivers from Nvidia for the videocard which is a geforce M Can it be that the overheating is due to using the reference drivers and not the manufacturers I used the reference drivers because Dell hasn t updated videocard drivers for almost a year nbsp

A:Laptop overheats and fan doesn't reach full speed

What games are you trying to play on that computer? Hopefully they are not that demanding because the Vostro isn't great for newer games. Also make sure that you are not using it on a soft surface (bed, rug, blanket, etc).

The drivers for your video card should not interfere with your fans since it is all integrated into the same motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-overheats-and-fan-doesnt-reach-full-speed.130224/
Relevancy 40.42%

Feelingn very frustrated. U have an acer aspire 5520 with vista home premium. It is showing fully connected with the signal strength at excellent. I have gone under ncoa.ncl and done properties and made sure the Internet protocol version 6 and 4 both have "obtain and IPV address automatically and dns obtain automatically" I have cmd and ipconfig/ all.. I am at a loss. I have of course unplugged my router and shut down my laptop and made sure my wireless network adapter was all accurate and disable my wired Internet adapter. Help anyone?

A:Acer laptop won't access Internet even with full connection

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee , AVG etc

can we see

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

Start> Run {search bar in Vista/W7}> type CMD to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

Type the following command
Ping {then a space and then add the number that is shown against the item labeled "default gateway" shown in the results from the ipconfig /all}
Post back the results in a reply here
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router.
The next two Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet. google is to test by name and the ping test using a number is checking that a connection exists without DNS.
these tests then confirm if there is a dns issue on the connection.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-laptop-wont-access-internet-even-with-full-connection.1062974/
Relevancy 40.42%

So my laptop has this weird issue with the numpad. Sometimes this computer works totally normal like a standard keyboard. But other times, like now... It changes the keys for a 15.4" laptop's numpad:

u = 4
i = 5
o = 6
p = *
j = 1
k = 2
l = 3
; = -
m - 0
/ = +

Now, this is a 17" computer, so it has the numpad and everything. It's an HP with Windows Vista Ultimate on it. Any help or suggestions would be great.

A:Full size laptop numpad issues on Vista

Is this an external number pad?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/full-size-laptop-numpad-issues-on-vista.99734/
Relevancy 40.42%

I have WindowsXP Professional, Ver: 2002, SP:1 on my HP Compaq NS9110. when i have started using the Command Prompt using my network ID KHV, i can maximise the command prompt in full screen using "ALT+ENTER" Key. but once my laptop went in to the hibernation, after that when i press "ALT+ENTER" the display doesnt spread throuhout the screen but in the center of the screen and in small font. Can anybody helps in it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/command-prompt-doesnt-come-in-full-screen-in-laptop.247753/
Relevancy 40.42%

So lately i've had a few problems with my laptop fans where as soon as I start up the computer one of them just runs at full speed. Even tho the Laptop it self is not doing any heavy work, nor is hot at all. In task manager the computer doesn't show any tasks taking up high CPU usage, while HWiNFO tells me one of my two fans are running at full speed. Any idea what I could do to fix this issue?If you're missing some info just tell me and i'll hook you right up

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-fan-running-full-speed-as-soon-as-bios-starts-up-no/td-p/5846161
Relevancy 40.42%

Ok so First of all name is Annie I m new here I am computer illiterate and technologically retarded save the essentials With that out of the way of my up. rant, full Piratelanguage!) Help!: acting (long is laptop On Monday it decided to give me the BSoD several times This is what it said each time Kernel Data Inpage Error If this is the first time you ve seen this stop error screen then restart your computer If this screen appears again Help!: my laptop is acting up. (long rant, full of Piratelanguage!) then follow these steps Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properlly installed If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might Help!: my laptop is acting up. (long rant, full of Piratelanguage!) need if the problem continues disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software Disable BIOS memory options such as cacheing and shadowing If you need to use safe mode to disable or remove components then restart your computer and press F and select advance options then safe mode Technical Information stop x a xC E B xC E xF E x F atopi sys address F E base at F Date stamp B D Begining dump of physical memory It s stopped doing that Now it s restarting shutting down on its own the bloody Also it s taking a lot of time running It freezes up a lot for short periods of time but eventually it just restarts or shuts down by itself Also for some very strange reason it s also shutting down Windows Defender and a lot of processes I have tried defrag cleaning disk I do those weekly in any case rebooting using safe mode trying to use system restore won t let me I use Avast and all the scans show nothing wrong Help I am a bit at a loss of what to do Also ATM I don t have enough money to pay a comp technician nbsp

A:Help!: my laptop is acting up. (long rant, full of Piratelanguage!)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-my-laptop-is-acting-up-long-rant-full-of-piratelanguage.924320/
Relevancy 40.42%

hi sorry if this post is in the wrong place, i'm new.
i finally worked out how to get full screen on my tv when connected via hdmi from laptop, which is great. only now found that when i shut the laptop screen i lose the full screen on the tele and it sizes down to about 50% with the black boarder. on my laptop control panel "what does computer do when i shut the lid" i have selected "do nothing" on both wired and battery modes.
anyone have any suggestions as to how i can close the lid and keep full screen? thanks
(the tv is a celcus full hd smart something or other and laptop is hp running windows 8.1, if thats any help!?)
thanks again xx

A:on closing laptop i lose full screen on tv hdmi

Welcome to the forum kas! Do you have your setting set to maintain aspect ratio? Also with the lid closed go into the display settings and see if you can adjust it.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/51531-closing-laptop-i-lose-full-screen-tv-hdmi.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I need to replace full body of my laptop model mentioned in subject. My laptop's body is broken. Can u help? Reply me on my email.Damodar DasDamodara dot bvks at gmail

A:hp pavilion dv6 - 3121nr laptop's full body replacement

Hi, Please check the following list:     http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=XG750UA If NO available part that means you have to try from eBay. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/hp-pavilion-dv6-3121nr-laptop-s-full-body-replacement/td-p/5824158
Relevancy 40.42%

The machine loads fine but items in the buttom of the sscren will not appear. I have restored the system. Used system recovery to no avail. Do I have to replace the disiplay? Is this a BIOS issue? Is it a grafics card issue? Should I call it quits and buy a new machine? The PC is 3 years old.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/My-Laptop-disp-lay-won-t-show-the-full-screen-contents/td-p/5632820
Relevancy 40.42%

I have an Acer Aspire E5-572G, and it's about 4 months old now.

If I let it sit idle and then come back to it after awhile, the mouse is sluggish and the system is slow.
During the first months it did not get slow from sitting idle, but a "low on memory" warning often appearedWhen opening task manager, the performance tab shows that RAM is filled up and there are wierd CPU spikes

I have attached a screenshot of the task manager performance tab. Hope someone can give me some input : )

A:Laptop clogs up when idle, full RAM and wierd CPU spikes

You could possibly have an infected laptop. Follow this guide to make sure the system is clean. READ & RUN ME FIRST Malware Removal Guide (incl. spyware, virus, trojan, hijacker) - MajorGeeks Support Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/63025-laptop-clogs-up-when-idle-full-ram-wierd-cpu-spikes.html
Relevancy 40.42%

hello friends,need some help here.From past few weeks my laptop's fan is running at high speed even when i'm not doing any heavy work.Earlier warm air used to come out only when playing games.But now even while watching videos my laptop's fan start running at high speed making heavy noise & giving out warm air.Sometimes it does so even when i'm doing nothing.
Please help.

A:Fan of laptop running at full speed even when not playing games

You can check if variable fan speed is working, monitor temps using Speedfan.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/306463-fan-laptop-running-full-speed-even-when-not-playing-games.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi all.

I've got an old seagate freeagent external hard-drive. I've installed and uninstalled it now a few times, it get recognized, but I can't get into it. I've tried giving it a letter in disk management, but then I have to format the drive, which obviously means that everything that's on there will be gone... could really really use some help with getting into the drive.

Thnx

Relevancy 40.42%

Ok so I have google my mind away trying to figure out what is up with this I can watch full screen videos to my hearts content on this laptop However when I hook it up to my tv via HDMI it will not play the majority of videos work screen Videos laptop, HDTV Full not on on full screen Videos work Full screen on laptop, not on HDTV or even not full screen So let's start with what it WILL play It will play YouTube videos and any videos I have on my portable hard drive It will play them full screen no Videos work Full screen on laptop, not on HDTV problems It doesn't matter how long the video is That is it Now if I try to play any other streaming video it will play full screen on the laptop just not on the tv If I try and watch the SAME video on the TV it will start out fine but within mins it will start skipping on the video By skipping I mean the video will run sluggishly and jerkily It will freeze and then zoom forward as if trying to catch up to the audio This is not my laptop it is on loan to me My house was broken into and my laptop was stolen I never had any problems watching anything on it when it was hooked up to the tv I'm not sure what info you need from me about the laptop to help with this but I would appreciate any offered

A:Videos work Full screen on laptop, not on HDTV

By searching online for both full screen and sluggish video points to video resolution problem (most likely on different output video formats) and low internet connection or outdated video driver. Have you tried matching or lowering the resolution and checking any updated drivers for the laptop?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505795/videos-work-full-screen-on-laptop-not-on-hdtv/
Relevancy 40.42%

I have read through a lot of threads on here and tried different fixes and so far nothing has worked I have disabled the ISATAP Adapter as I thought that was an issue still not working I have deleted all of my networks and tried to reconnect still not working I have tried the ipconfig all command still not working I have checked and all drivers are up to date I have reset my router to make sure it wasn t an issue with that It either will connect with quot local access only quot or it will connect for maybe seconds and then the connection is gone or says it cannot connect because it is not getting an answer from my router When I search for a network it shows my network with full signal strength I have a Dell Inspiron with a Dell Wireless WLAN mini-card Running Vista bit What has changed I recently updated my desktop to Windows not sure if this could effect the Wifi Recently switched to Qwest fiber optic internet but a tech came out and set it up and everything was working fine until today I m lost now I am not sure what to do and my wife needs this computer to be able to connect to Wifi so she can work from home Thanks in advance for any and all help nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

Broni indicated I am infected with Zeroaccess http www bleepingcomputer com forums t bluestacks-install-now-laptop-fan-constantly-runs-at-full The symptoms began after installing Bluestacks android emulator There were numerous popups and odd programs installed I Rootkit Speed Zeroaccess Always Infection - Fan Full Laptop removed programs ran some virus cleaners Spybot Search and Destroy Malewarebytes Anti Malware Avast The pop ups in Firefox were gone but the fan was running at full power all the time In addition programs are running slowly I run a game called Out of the Park Baseball That is a text based baseball simulator There are now pauses and hang ups in the Zeroaccess Rootkit Infection - Laptop Fan Full Speed Always play by play text display I posted in the Am I Infected forum ran the indicated programs and procedures and Broni said it is the Zeroaccess Rootkit I followed the guide http www bleepingcomputer com forums t preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help but I could not start Windows Firewall Starting the service results in an error The services indicated as needed for WF are running I tried the registry fix for Windows Firewall at this link http www winhelponline com blog misc-registry-fixes-for-windows- -xp-vista It did not resolve the problem The DDS long follows The attach log Zeroaccess Rootkit Infection - Laptop Fan Full Speed Always is attached Thank you for your kind help - Frank DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by fjc at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated AD D -BA - C - - A AD B SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP avast Antivirus Enabled Updated ACCC CA - C - C - B -AFE D E Running Processes C Zeroaccess Rootkit Infection - Laptop Fan Full Speed Always Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Program Files x HP SimplePass TrueSuiteService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files IDT WDM STacSV exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files x HP SimplePass TouchControl exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x DirecTV DirecTV Kernel DMP CLDTVHNService exe C Program Files DAZ D Content Management Service ContentManagementServer exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Freemake CaptureLib CaptureLibService exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Client Services HPClientServices exe C Windows SysWOW svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Program Files x Hp Common HPSupportSolutionsFrameworkService exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch HPWMISVC exe C Program Files x Intel Services IPT jhi service exe C Windows runservice exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files x HP SimplePass BioMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system svchost exe -k HPService C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP LaunchBox HPTaskBar exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP LaunchBox HPTaskBar exe C Users fjc AppDa... Read more

A:Zeroaccess Rootkit Infection - Laptop Fan Full Speed Always

Hi there,my name is Marius and I will assist you with your malware related problems.Before we move on, please read the following points carefully.First, read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding.Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one.If you have any problems while following my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem.Do not run any other scans without instruction or add/remove software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me.Post all logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts.If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean.My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.Important: To help me reviewing your logs, please post them in code boxes. You can create them by clicking on the <>-symbol on top of the reply window.   Going over your logs I noticed that you have uTorrent installed.Avoid gaming sites, pirated software, cracking tools, keygens, and peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing programs.They are a security risk which can make your computer susceptible to a wide variety of malware infections, remote attacks, exposure of personal information, and identity theft. Many malicious worms and Trojans spread across P2P file sharing networks, gaming and underground sites.Users visiting such pages may see innocuous-looking banner ads containing code which can trigger pop-up ads and malicious Flash ads that install viruses, Trojans and spyware. Ads are a target for hackers because they offer a stealthy way to distribute malware to a wide range of Internet users.The best way to reduce the risk of infection is to avoid these types of web sites and not use any P2P applications.It is pretty much certain that if you continue to use P2P programs, you will get infected again.I would recommend that you uninstall uTorrent, however that choice is up to you. If you choose to remove these programs, you can do so via Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.If you wish to keep it, please do not use it until your computer is cleaned.  CombofixCombofix should only be run when adviced by a team member!LinkImportant - Save the file to your desktop! Deactivate any and all of your antivirus programs /spyware scanners - they can prevent CF from doing its work.Run Combofix.exeWhen finished, Combofix creates a log file named C:\Combofix.txt. Please post its content in your next reply.Note: When receiving an error message containing ""Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion" simply restart your computer to fix this.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548900/zeroaccess-rootkit-infection-laptop-fan-full-speed-always/
Relevancy 39.99%

i brought a new laptop few days ago from hp world with windows 10 but in this windows there is no option found for "BitLocker is a full disk encryption" in control panel and not even when i am trying click on any drive , give some response of it what i do

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436936-bitlocker-full-disk-encryption-not-found-windows-10-new-laptop.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi Guys

i use to be on win7x32 but i bought new rams 8gb to my asus k52j laptop
i tried to install windows 7 x64 via usb -dvd dont wark- but after booting from usb and load windows files when "start windows" logo apper the laptop restart and boot agien from harddisk
so i did full wipe to the hardisk but the same problem

i used 3 copies two 64 and one 32 but the problem coun't i tried use uefi boot didnt work
i tried to use ubuntu live the same
only hiren's bootcd work

plz help !!!!

A:Asus LapTop won't install Windows7 X64 after full wipe Hardisk

Everything is here to get and keep a perfect Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

Reboot into your BIOS to look for settings on the Advanced or Boot tabs for UEFI, CSM, Compatibility or Legacy BIOS. If none are present and there are no UEFI or EFI boot choices when you go to boot the installer from the Asus Boot menu, then you likely don't have an EFI BIOS. You can also read your Manual on the Asus Support Downloads webpage for your model to see for sure.

Then work through the steps for Overcoming Windows 7 Installation Failures - Windows 7 Help Forums.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/349233-asus-laptop-wont-install-windows7-x64-after-full-wipe-hardisk.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi Everyone Today was a bad day for me as i lost every single file in my Hp laptop I HardDrive lost Important Full data Laptop Cleaned Hp - think it is all my mistake let me explain what happend My laptop have GB HD Laptop came up with GB of quot C quot Drive partition Other paritions were HP Tools Recovery and System quot C quot drive was half full when i decided to divide it into more drives to save important data from quot C quot to another drive After searching on Full HardDrive Cleaned Important data lost - Hp Laptop internet i came to know that windows has a limit of parititons then i started searching for a quick solution to avoid Full HardDrive Cleaned Important data lost - Hp Laptop full new windows installation I installed a Mini Tool Parition manager and Set the quot C quot drive as Logical and shrinked more drives Full HardDrive Cleaned Important data lost - Hp Laptop from C Computer restarted Partition manager takes minutes to do everything and then WIndows started and all was ok But I wanted to have one more gb partition from quot C quot I did it again using Parition manager and computer started all stuff was going well Parition manager finshed everything and when computer restart nothing works Every time computer restart from windows Logo I was sure that something goes wrong i tried to repair it but repair takes minutes and solved nothing for me i canceled repair and try to install fresh windows when i was selecting the quot C quot disk to install windows in it An error appeas saying quot windows could not format a partition on disk The error occurred while preparing the partition selected for installation Error code quot nothing was helpful I then run these commands quot Boot into the install repair disc and wait for it to load Choose Repair my computer Select Command Prompt Type diskpart and press enter Enter list disk and note the number of the disk you want to install on Enter select disk n n is the number of the disk Enter list partition and note the number of the partition you want to install on Enter select partition n n is the number of the partition Enter active You can now close the command prompt and re-attempt installation quot and again it was some kind of error At last i select parition and clean all and closed the command When i restart the computer it says quot no bootable device insert boot disk and press any key quot it was again very frustating then i plugged in the USB of bootable windows it was started smoothly and when i reached the partition selection window it was all cleaned Only single harddrive of gb was showing everything is cleaned There was too important files in the hard drive I have made a big mistake I need expert help Please help me recovering the data Thank you in advance

A:Full HardDrive Cleaned Important data lost - Hp Laptop

If you ran clean ALL, you are SOL.

Perhaps you can ask the NSA for their backup copy.

Too late this time, but in future, good idea to make an image backup every so often.

This is great free program which you can use to prevent getting in trouble in future:
http://www.backup-utility.com/free-backup-software.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/340768-full-harddrive-cleaned-important-data-lost-hp-laptop.html
Relevancy 39.99%

laptop battery is full, what happend if main power will fail for 10 minute during recovery setup. can it create a problem in resetting

A:laptop battery is full. what happend if main power will fail

Ideally you want mains power when in any setup, reset/recovery (to factory state) or restoring an image. Battery only "ought" to be OK as long the time required for the reset/recovery is well within the battery's available power time (if you see what I mean).Mac systems appear to insist on it baed on my own (limited) experience with them.If on mains, full battery and mains fails some time during the reset etc., as long as time left is within battery's time - ought to be OK.Just make sure before you do any form of reset etc., that any personal files (photos, music not the least) are safely duplicated off the system - to DVD at least; and verify the copies are OK before going any further.Others here may have different views; so wait and see what they add...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/laptop-battery-is-full-what-happend-if-main-power-will-fail/2211.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Here is the Hijack, attach, and dds notepads.

Thank you for the help.

A:Help sons laptop is full of malware and search hijack problems

Sorry, I should have pasted the contents of the Hijack log and DDS file. The main problem is that everytime you do a search you are sent to another URL search engine or other location.
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 9:13:10 PM, on 7/12/2011
Platform: Windows 7 (WinNT 6.00.3504)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.7600.16800)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Plugin Manager\skypePM.exe
C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\dwm.exe
C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Temp\csrss.exe
C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\conhost.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\HiJackThis\HiJackThis.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\plugin-container.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://search.myheritage.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\Windows\SysWOW64\blank.htm
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = http=127.0.0.1:57394
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
F3 - REG:win.ini: load=C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Temp\csrss.exe
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit.exe
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O2 - BHO: MHTBPos00 - {0C37B053-FD68-456a-82E1-D788EE342E6F} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Celebrity Toolbar\tbcore3.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: Skype add-on (mastermind) - {22BF413B-C6D2-4d91-82A9-A0F997BA588C} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\SkypeIEPlugin.dll
O2 - BHO: MyHeritage New Tab - {D62EC836-BF1E-4CAC-81BE-FB9179835D8E} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Celebrity Toolbar\mhxpcomi.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {CCC7A320-B3CA-4199-B1A6-9F516DD69829} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: Celebrity Toolbar - {FD2FD708-1F6F-4B68-B141-C5778F0C19BB} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Celebrity Toolbar\tbcore3.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe ARM] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [AvgUninstallURL] cmd.exe /c start http://www.avg.com/ww.special-unins...rADEALQBEAEQAVAArADAA"&"prod=90"&"ver=9.0.894
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Skype] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /nosplash /minimized
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Steam] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -silent
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [conhost] C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\conhost.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [SPReview] "C:\Windows\System32\SPReview\SPReview.exe" /sp:1 /errorfwlink:"http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=122915" /build:7601
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /autoRun (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [mctadmin] C:\Windows\System32\mctadmin.exe (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFi... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-sons-laptop-is-full-of-malware-and-search-hijack-problems.1007207/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello, I Have a HP Pavilion Ze4900 1.3GHz Intel M CPU, 1gig Ram I installed Vista every thing works fine
a Little slow I know i need another Gig of Ram but I have one Problem, Dose any one know how I can turn the TAP CLICK to OFF I do not like it, it gets in the way and i click things i dont mean to. on XP there used to be a pointer device in the toolbar i could right click not any more. Any Advise?

Thank you

A:Full Version Home Premium Install On Laptop Question

Hello, I Have a HP Pavilion Ze4900 1.3GHz Intel M CPU, 1gig Ram I installed Vista every thing works finea Little slow I know i need another Gig of Ram but I have one Problem, Dose any one know how I can turn the TAP CLICK to OFF I do not like it, it gets in the way and i click things i dont mean to. on XP there used to be a pointer device in the toolbar i could right click not any more. Any Advise?Thank you Cant some one help?Also it wouldnt let me Edit thats why double posty

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/82990/full-version-home-premium-install-on-laptop-question/
Relevancy 39.99%

My laptop is reading a full WiFi signal from my router I am currently connected to the router via Ethernet on the same laptop I ve been reading tons of old threads to troubleshoot this I m at a loss I have used this current networking hardware for more than a year without any problems I do have a pretty old router but my iPod connects to the WiFi no problem at the moment Here s what I ve tried so far - soft reset of router - power cycle modem and router - removed saved network information from the laptop - hard reset of router - ip release renew - dns flush - tcp ip reset - uninstalled reinstalled drivers for wireless card - system restore I have supplied an ipconfig all report the usual ping tests that I see requested and I have attached a screenshot of Xirrus Thank you kindly for the help Here is my IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name lt lt EDITED FOR PRIVACY gt gt Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Laptop Connection 7 Connect Solved: Win Unable Wifi Full to to Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Solved: Win 7 Laptop Unable to Connect to Full Wifi Connection Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -D - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - - - E-B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Solved: Win 7 Laptop Unable to Connect to Full Wifi Connection Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d c f debc f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday January PM Lease Expires Monday January PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -E -F -A - - - - E-B - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap A D D-BCCE- -B EA- BA ED Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d ab c bc ddca Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe c bc ddca Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface E B -AB - DD - - D EC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C B AD -DAFE- F E- A A- B FF AA E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ping Tests Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Pinging google com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

I have XP on a HP mini laptop with 16GB flash memory ( not a traditional hard drive) and it cannot be increased. Now I am almost out of flash(hard drive) memory and I have deleted most user data and most non-essential applications. Still 15.5 GB is in use. Is there any tool I can use to see what is using so much space, and can it be MSoft patches? any suggestion will be helpful .. thanks

thanks\.. doc ..

A:Disk Full 16GB Flash on mini laptop cannot add more . what to delete ?

Delete the update uninstallers with this. It won't do the IE8 ones (if indeed you have IE8 installed) but you can clear those too by deleting the ie8updates folder in the windows directory.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/500883/disk-full-16gb-flash-on-mini-laptop-cannot-add-more-what-to-delete/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi I bought a new laptop and it has a problem i discovered I cannot return games/programs in crashes screen 3d powerful laptop full at a the laptop as it already past the returning date days The problem is discovered last week after i installed lots of games My laptop crashes at full screen mode on any games i installed At first I blamed the game but after installing lots of games and tried every single one of them age of empires medieval tw COD black and white red alert etc After 3d games/programs crashes at full screen in a powerful laptop this I also tried to use some d programs like the ones built with the latest Nvidia SDK with Direct 3d games/programs crashes at full screen in a powerful laptop d and still crashes The crash to be specific is almost a crash to desktop CTD BUT weirdly it loads itself back and then loops again more like alt tabing when ur in game it s not sticky keys However the d programs like the one in NVIDIA 3d games/programs crashes at full screen in a powerful laptop doesn t alt tabs it s a complete crash and the windows will then try to resolve it which fails It s a bit powerful laptop and here are my specs Windows Home Prem bit Core duo t ghz gb ram ddr gb Nvidia Geforce gt m Supported by PhysX but Games requires DirectX so I installed it Would it clash I dont think so coz you can turn off the physX gpu and i tried that tb HDD Now the things that I have tried are Update install my video card driver chipset and was going to update my BIOS which is the latest so that s why i did not Installed the directX SDK and even tried the Direct x c I even clean up my system by reinstalling windows and everything I don t think it is a compatibility issues as I ve played these games on a different laptop with the exact same system my first laptop before I exchange it for it is has a faulty keyboard and same windows As you can see I am getting bad luck from where I bought my laptop Yes it is a refurbished laptop from a big name retail store I already contacted the Manufacturer and they couldn t help me because it involves third party software However I told them that I highly believe it is a hardware issue and the sick bastards replied with ask for advice from your local technician Wth I well try to settle a score with them tomorrow but for now I want your expertises nbsp

A:3d games/programs crashes at full screen in a powerful laptop

make sure all vents and fan intakes are not blocked, download and run HWMonitor and run a game and tell use all the min and max temps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/3d-games-programs-crashes-at-full-screen-in-a-powerful-laptop.144224/
Relevancy 39.99%

This isn t my personal machine but my father-in-law s Dell Inspiron running Windows Home Premium bit Pentium Dual-Core T Ghz Gb RAM - Windows Drive Laptop Solved: 7 Full Hard Reporting It recently started giving him the Low Disk Space error Hard drive is now showing to have GB full on the C He basically uses this thing for online banking turbo tax downloading updates to Solved: Windows 7 Laptop - Hard Drive Reporting Full his tom tom and playing games Nothing that would fill up a Solved: Windows 7 Laptop - Hard Drive Reporting Full hard drive I ve turned off Hibernation Solved: Windows 7 Laptop - Hard Drive Reporting Full and that large file hiberfil sys is gone I ve run Disk Clean-up and it has freed up gig There are no system restore files eating up disk space I don t see any installed programs that look out of the ordinary I can t get his Kapersky to update due to lack of disk space I did run Windows Defender with update and it didn t show any known virus or whatnot that it can tell in its limited abilities With low disk space I can t really download too many utilities to the hard drive Where do I go next to determine what is causing this box to show a full hard drive nbsp

A:Solved: Windows 7 Laptop - Hard Drive Reporting Full

Okay, never mind. I ran the WinDirStat utility and it showed that Kapersky was the problem. It seems to be a known issue with Kapersky that some log files with the file extension enc1 can grow uncontrollably. It had eaten up over 170 gb of hard drive space with all their log files.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-laptop-hard-drive-reporting-full.1123769/
Relevancy 39.56%

hello Hoping you can help I have a Asus running Windows recently its been lagging quite a lot a week ago I started having issues even just getting to websites like Youtube and it would freeze up I ran a disk cleaner defragment which said only fragmented I also ran virus scans both Microsoft Essentials as well as Malwarebyes cleaner last night again I was lagging horribly when I checked My Computer it showed my C Drive was in the Red and veryyyy near full Yet my Partitioned D - with then black Laptop Full to on Drive only dash brand screen name comes C on sits drive showed near empty This morning I rebooted the laptop as soon as it powered up to show Asus from that screen it goes to a black screen with a dash that s all I get Ive tried C Drive Full - Laptop only comes on to brand name then sits on black screen with dash to remove the battery and unplug nothing seems to help im at a loss Im hoping to get into the lappy to I can transfer and delete filoes from C drive Any help would be greatly appreciated Is My laptop dead in the water or can I fix this Tx for your help in advance nbsp

A:C Drive Full - Laptop only comes on to brand name then sits on black screen with dash

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/c-drive-full-laptop-only-comes-on-to-brand-name-then-sits-on-black-screen-with-dash.1113377/
Relevancy 39.56%

We just bought this new laptop less than a week ago and we've been having issues with internet connectivity ever since.  The internet will randomly slow down even when the connection is shown to be full or almost full. When we have these spells it can take 45-90 seconds for a very simple webpage to load. These spells generally last from 2 minutes to an hour or so, although we had a problem for most of the day yesterday. We have Webroot antivirus, so I don't think it's a virus. We assumed it was our internet and contacted the provider who came out and replaced the router. We're still having problems with occational very slow page loading. We have Windows 8 and the computer is a Dell Inspiron 15 3521. We generally prefer Firefox. I went to the Dell website to see if any drivers needed updating, but it's not showing anything relevent. Any ideas would be very much appreciated!

A:Brand New Dell Laptop with internet loading slow even with full bars

Hi soozabelle, The internet will randomly slow down even when the connection is shown to be full or almost full. "Randomly".... caught my attention.I am assuming you are connected by wireless. How do you have your network set up? Modem to router and connected to router wireless?Have you ever had any other computers set up via wireless before? If not, there is a strong possibility that your router is not secured and someone may be piggybacking on your connection which can, and will, slow your connection down drastically when someone "randomly" decides to take advantage of your unsecured connection. Kinda like turning on more than one faucet in your home and you lose water pressure throughout the house.That is the first thing I would look into. Check that and let us know.If that is not the problem, other members may have some advice as well, so please stay tuned! ;)Donna

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517412/brand-new-dell-laptop-with-internet-loading-slow-even-with-full-bars/
Relevancy 39.56%

I have had a problem that just recently started. Whenever I turn on my dell laptop or my desktop and try to connect to my wireless router it shows my network with full strength then I click on it to connect it and it say Failed to connect to network. This never happened before especially with the laptop. I'm not sure where to go from here. I have reset both the router from the cable and the linksys wireless router countless times and still am unable to connect. If any one can help that would be greatly apprciated or send a link to a step by step process I can use to fix. I'm not at all a pro at fixing these things and frutration is beginning to set in!
Thanks

A:Wireless Network shows full strength but laptop and desktop won't connect

Welcome to TSG:
Try this and post results of IPCONFIG /ALL.
Tips on setting up broadband connection, courtesy of Johnwill

You don't need any setup disk to configure a broadband router.
Reset the router to factory defaults by holding the reset button down for 15 seconds with power on. The following procedure should get you a connection with any broadband modem that is configured to use DHCP for the router connection, such as cable modems, and many DSL modems. If you require PPPoE configuration for the DSL modem, that will have to be configured to match the ISP requirements.
&#8226; Turn off everything, the modem, router, computer.
&#8226; Connect the modem to the router's WAN/Internet port.
&#8226; Connect the computer to one of the router's LAN/Network ports.
&#8226; Turn on the modem, wait for a steady connect light.
&#8226; Turn on the router, wait for two minutes.
&#8226; Boot the computer.

When the computer is completely booted, let's see this.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

NOTE: For the items below in red surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous command output!

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-shows-full-strength-but-laptop-and-desktop-wont-connect.830915/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello I'm new on these forums and quite not a tech-savvy person so I apologize if I sound confusing or scans Laptop finish antivirus full even can't freezes/lags, randomly the details are missing I'm on my wits end regarding my -year old Lenovo laptop which has started to get wonky yesterday The worse thing is that I'm not sure what's Laptop randomly freezes/lags, can't even finish full antivirus scans the real problem at all I ll try to detail everything as I remember it so pardon for the word vomit It started when my laptop suddenly froze I had a bunch of programs open back then can't remember all of them but there's Google Chrome with multiple tabs writemonkey foobar and a couple of open folders The cursor changed to 'busy' and for a Laptop randomly freezes/lags, can't even finish full antivirus scans few moments I let it be When I noticed it had frozen completely I tried to move the cursor and it started to lag Alt-tabbing and ctrl-alt-del won't work so I went for the power button I started it up again and chose to open Windows normally Everything seemed okay until I realized that the usual startup programs didn't open Aeria OpenOffice etc and it was lagging The mouse is working if I mouse over files on my desktop they seemed to react but after a while everything just slows down I tried opening programs task manager even shut down -- nothing I looked at my laptop's LED lights and everything's all lit up So power-button again This time I went for safe mode and tried to pinpoint the problem I thought it could be malware so I tried running Malwarebytes Lo and behold it froze I tried to wait it out but it stayed stuck I had the idea that maybe the file Malwarebytes was stuck on was the culprit so I tried to delete it Turns out I can t delete the program on safe mode but opening on normal mode just left me stuck on lag again Then I remembered that the program was among the ones during normal startup so I disabled it on safe mode restarted continued Windows on normal and finally deleted the thing it was Evernote The next time I booted up on normal everything was well I thought I ve finally nailed down the culprit Nope Not yet When I opened Google Chrome I was greeted with yet another unrecoverable freeze lag Same problem on safe mode I got Firefox and it seemed to be working well so I thought this was Chrome s problem I really liked Chrome so I uninstalled reinstalled it but the freeze lag still occurred So I deleted it for good I ran Microsoft Security Essentials quick scan and Malwarebytes quick scan Nothing turned up Used Disk Defragmenter too I thought the laptop s okay now but apparently not yet Because I just got another freezing episode after several hours of using it Upon yet another hard reboot I thought of finally running a full scan The thing is after several tries either Malwarebytes or MSE just won t finish a scan It will get stuck and while the laptop will be responsive for a while mouse moving MSE tabs giving descriptions upon highlighting clock still working etc it will eventually glitch and be unusable and I have to resort to a power button shut down I m not sure what s the problem anymore Overheating Malware Memory leaks Help will truly be appreciated I need this laptop working very badly Thanks in advance

A:Laptop randomly freezes/lags, can't even finish full antivirus scans

Establish a Clean Boot, test your hardware, check the logs and System Resources, test System Files and the other Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7.

If this happens when using Chrome, try uninstalling it to use Firefox and IE10 which aren't pernicious spyware phoning your every move to advertisers. You can always reinstall it if you miss the company.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/297290-laptop-randomly-freezes-lags-cant-even-finish-full-antivirus-scans.html
Relevancy 38.27%

dear you

i was wondering for those have have an internet with download speed of about 250 kb per sec is there a way to force skype to use it all i mean i can watch hd videos on youtube and cant have a stupid straight video chat on skype i dont use my webcam but i still cant get even pixelated video without it breaking and lagging and eventually dropping, its like download for example, downloading with the browser can be slow but if i use internet download manager, it takes full control of internet speed, full access and leaves nothing to the other programs , can that be done with skype?

me

A:Solved: is there anyway to give skype full access to internet with full speed

Youtube buffers video, a live chat isn't buffered.

If your internet speed is 256kb/s you need faster internet service.

See here for more info on internet connection speeds and how to see how much bandwidth Skype is using: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1417/how-much-bandwidth-does-skype-need

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-is-there-anyway-to-give-skype-full-access-to-internet-with-full-speed.1141144/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello, have been searching the net for an answer to this question with no satisfactory answers.

System details,
Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit
Intel Core 2 Duo 6600 2,4GHz
2GB Ram
500GB Packard Bell External Hard Drive - USB connection

I have a 500GB external hard-drive and Windows Vista is currently telling me it is full. When I check the hard-drive properties in Explorer it also shows up as very close to full. However when I select all folders on the hard-drive and check properties the size is only approx half. i.e 216GB

The drive system is NTFS and I have made sure in "Folder Options/View" that hidden files and folders are shown.

Does anyone have an idea what this could be ?

Relevancy 37.84%

I've got a hard disk in my laptop partitioned into to two.

After a year of good service, my laptop is now, from time to time during use, displaying 'disk full' type messages when trying to save a file (Word) or unzip a file (Winrar) and things like that.

I can still access files on the disk, just not write to it, although the problem when it is occurring seems to be intermittent.

The disks aren't full and have over 10% free. When I restart Windows the problem goes away.

I'm guessing there is something wrong with the disk?

Any ideas on how to check for errors/problems or solve this?

Thanks.

Relevancy 36.98%

It appears to only happen with Chrome and only in youtube. Full screen is only 1/4 of the screen in the upper left corner of the screen. It had happen before, I went to plugins and disabled the latest version of flash player. Three days ago I uninstalled and re-installed Chrome, the full screen issue is back, the flash player is 11.9.900.117. There's two of them, same number, one with periods and one with commas. I disabled the one with commas but the problem is still there.

Does anybody know anything?

Martin

A:With chrome, Youtube's full screen is not full

Can you post a screenshot to illustrate your issue?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510506/with-chrome-youtubes-full-screen-is-not-full/
Relevancy 36.98%

For some reason starting this morning any time I open a game in full screen mode I get a full freeze No mouse movement Ctrl Alt Del Ctrl Shift Esc Alt F Alt Tab do nothing Full Full - Gaming Screen Lockup and the ultimate test toggling capslock doesn't change the light on the keyboard Only a Full Screen Gaming - Full Lockup hard reboot remedies the problem I'm convinced it's not a video card issue simply because if I start the same games in windowed Full Screen Gaming - Full Lockup mode they run perfectly fine I updated to Catalyst d yesterday but the problem didn't occur until today so Full Screen Gaming - Full Lockup I'm not entirely sure if they are related Google's turned up nothing at any rate and I don't want to go through the effort of a full driver wipe until I'm sure it's the problem Something that troubles me a little Fallout New Vegas randomly started detecting my Radeon s as a GeForce It did not do this originally Fallout and Oblivion still detect it properly however This problem happens in all games I've tried across multiple engines including several Source games several Gamebryo games and a few other random games This is not a BSOD issue it simply freezes with a black screen My drivers DirectX and Windows are all completely up to date Edit Forgot to include customary dxdiag info Code ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name KYLE-WIN Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit Build win gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer FOXCONN System Model P A BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting DPI percent System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name ATI Radeon HD Series Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc Chip type ATI display adapter x DAC type Internal DAC MHz Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name COMPAQ FS Color Monitor Monitor Model Compaq FS Monitor Id CPQ Native Mode unknown Output Type HD Driver Name aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx aticfx atiumd dll atidxx dll atiumdag atidxx atiumdva atiumd a cap atitmm dll Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo'd n a WHQL Date Stamp n a Device Identifier D B EE -D - CF- - E BEC C Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x Driver Strong Name oem inf ATI Mfg NTamd ati mtag RV pci ven amp dev Rank Of Driver E Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C Deinterlace Caps E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch A A C -C EC- BD... Read more

A:Full Screen Gaming - Full Lockup

Remove your video drivers, then install a fresh copy. If that doesn't help, please provide these reports even though you're not having BSOD's: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/full-screen-gaming-full-lockup-526854.html
Relevancy 36.98%

hi, if i view movies in WMP full screen and they are letterboxed, how can i make them 100% full screen?

cheers

A:Full screen letterbox to FULL creen

I think this is possible.

any suggestions?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/full-screen-letterbox-to-full-creen.80235/