Windows Support Forum

Windows Event Notification Service Cannot be Started

Q: Windows Event Notification Service Cannot be Started

Hello there, I'm having some major issues. When I boot up my computer, it gives me this error:I think it might be malware related. A system reformat is not an option and I do not have Windows install discs. I am running Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 and Unfortunately this is on my school laptop Does anyone have any ideas as to how to resolve this issue?I appreciate any help you can provide to me.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/341284/windows-event-notification-service-cannot-be-started/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows Event Notification Service Cannot be Started

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 92.88%

I logged on to my computer as an administrator and my desktop didnt display for about 4 minutes. There was only a black screen with the white mouse arrow on it. When the desktop had loaded a Windows notification
bubble popped up saying:

"Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification
Service service. This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the
system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond."

I don't believe that I have installed any software etc. recently that could have caused this problem to occur. It just randomly happened one day. In sync with this error I am unable to connect to the internet using my 3 mobile modem and my laptop isn't recognising any wireless signals bringing up the message:

"The dependency service or group failed to start"

My laptop is a Philips freevents 12NB5800 which uses vista.

A:[B]Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service[/B]

try loggin in as an admin and viewing hte error log like it said

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/b-windows-could-not-connect-to-the-system-event-notification-service-service-b-277883.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi,

I got this error Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service.

And nvidia control panel doesn't start up.

Problems:

- Slow startup ("please wait" before login screen)
- NVidia Control Panel isnt working

Some Windows Updates was done yesterday i don't know if it's related.

Please help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/385557-windows-could-not-connect-system-event-notification-service.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi i have a couple of users on our network not system service to could event the notification connect Windows who are receiving the following error on startup quot Windows could not connect to the system event notification service service Please contact your system administrator quot When this error is receive i always notice the startup time take an extra - minutes before it even gets to the login Windows could not connect to the system event notification service screen Once logged in the users gets the error Windows could not connect to the system event notification service after a minute it can automatically go back to the login screen or if you press OK it also goes back On second attempt it will log in with no errors So far form everything i have researched and tried nothing seem to fix the issue This is what i have checked and done Oh and these machines that are getting this error are on Windows We get no event viewer message or error about the issue -Made sure the services are running and started and set to automatic - mainly the Windows Event log COM etc everything is started as it should be -Rebuild WMI repository which did fix issue for a days then returned -Netsh catalogue reset and winsock reset -Tried Hotfix - KB -Made sure network drivers were updated and the latest -SFC scannow -HDD healthcheck done - is OK Anything anyone else can suggest would be great or if someone has been able to fix this issue permanantly please let me know Thanks Steve

A:Windows could not connect to the system event notification service

Have you tried this: Event ID 10 is logged in the Application log after you install Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/219368-windows-could-not-connect-system-event-notification-service.html
Relevancy 88.15%

So recently I had hardware issues and through warranty I had several replacements done Mobo Video cards ram sticks and the power supply After all that was fixed and replaced my computer seemed to have ran fine for a few days and it still technically is except for this could service event system the connect to not Windows notification problem The problem is when Windows could not connect to the system event notification service I log in into windows normally it takes a while for Windows to boot up I get a quot Please wait quot screen then after a long minute log in once inside windows I get the quot Windows could not connect to the system event notification service quot and the toolbar is grey all old school windows like The problem is the exact same as the issues found here except I am using Windows bit http social technet microsoft com - d def f http social technet microsoft com -de c cd In services the service is called System event notification it says that the service is running fine Even when i try to restart it it makes no difference at all As for in event viewer Im not to sure what to look for in there Ive looked at several familiar threads I did the sfc scannow twice i did a windows start up repair I disabled all non-windows services and even just tried restarting the service in services I'm not really sure what to do next I'm tempted to just to do a clean install However I am cautious on doing so in case its some kind of hardware problem Anyway do any of you have any recommendations or other possible solutions I havent tried yet Thanks in advance

A:Windows could not connect to the system event notification service

Through your post, I seemed to have missed your actual problem. Is it the system notification service in your title?

What are the particulars of the Event Viewer Error messages about that occurrence?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/244882-windows-could-not-connect-system-event-notification-service.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Failed to connect to a windows service
Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system. As as administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d510a61e-8a28-4492-ad51-870fb73863d1/windows-could-not-connect-to-the-system-event-notification-service-in-windows-7-professional?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 84.71%

I have been getting the following errors when I try to log into my account.

The system event notification service service failed the logon an attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist

I created a built-in-administrator and I am able to get into safe mode though not able to run many programs on it such as control panel and start up repair. I looked at my registry and both of my accounts look fine neither of them had a .bak on the end and so I'm not sure how to fix this if my only option is to delete my user account. I've already done a system restore to a couple days before this happened but, I'm still locked out of everything.

Is there anything else I can do that might help?

A:The system event notification service service failed logon ... token does not exist

Google led me to this post as I was researching the problem myself. I encountered the same issue. In this case on a vista32 ultimate box (although I do own an x64 box in case somebody thinks I'm blasphemous posting here ).

I haven't completely fixed the issue yet but I've gotten a bit further so in hopes of helping the next person here are the steps I've taken.

I was able to log in successfully in safe mode (hit F8 while starting up, select safe mode). Once there I went to command prompt (click the start button, type "cmd" [without the quotes] in the search bar and hit enter. From command prompt type services.msc to launch the services control panel. Find the System Event Notification Service, right click, select properties, change it from automatic startup to disabled, apply the change and "OK" out of the dialog box. You can now restart the computer and log in normally.

This isn't really a fix, it's a temporary work-around. SENS is needed for COM+ to respond to things like login and startup events. I've also noticed that my system is very slow right now. My next step is to find a way to generate a new token for SENS and then hopefully I'll be back at 100%. I currently have Dell researching that for me (this happens to be a Dell laptop). If I get a solution short of a reinstall to that one I'll post it too.

Hope this is helpful for someone. Good luck.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/194306-system-event-notification-service-service-failed-logon-token-does-not-exist.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hello,
New to WindowsXP (Pro) ,I did some reading here and there,
visited the commonly referenced sites in the forums like ElderGeek
and BlackViper's but it's not clear to me if I need some stuff running...

Have some of you disabled the above SENS service and/or
COM+ Event System service at your system ?
Did you have any problems ?
(I don't like all this logging and -maybe- useless processing)

I have a standalone PC connected with a modem to the Net.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

A:System Event Notification service

edsod said:

Hello,
New to WindowsXP (Pro) ,I did some reading here and there,
visited the commonly referenced sites in the forums like ElderGeek
and BlackViper's but it's not clear to me if I need some stuff running...

Have some of you disabled the above SENS service and/or
COM+ Event System service at your system ?
Did you have any problems ?
(I don't like all this logging and -maybe- useless processing)

I have a standalone PC connected with a modem to the Net.

Thanks in advance for any responses. Click to expand...
I have com + event on manual and system event on auto

I do however have quite a few others shutdown and here is my preferred site to read on those services.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-event-notification-service.230385/
Relevancy 80.41%

I have an event error message "SPP Notification Service event id 7023" at windows 7.

The event viewer file is attached.

Please let me know how to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

A:SPP Notification Service event id 7023

It looks like it might be an important service based on a quick look on google. Open an elevated command prompt and run "SFC /scannow". It will detect any system file errors and attempt to repair them. If it can't repair them, do a repair install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/102111-spp-notification-service-event-id-7023-a.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi.
After uninstalling a trial version of "Acrobat" pre-loaded on my laptop I receive a message "Windows could not connect to the system event notification service".
System event log entry is the same as thread Vista Event ID: 10 WMI ; which is a closed thread without "detailed" steps to resolve problem, merely stating "Deleted contents of Repostory & rebooted".
Can anyone please help further.
Many thanks.

A:System Event Notification Service

I'm unsure if this is the correct thing to do - but here's how to clear the repository (originally found at this link: Repairing and re-registering the WMI ):

Open an elevated (run as Administrator) Command Prompt and type
"net stop winmgmt" (without quotes) and press Enter.
Leave this window open as you'll reuse it again later.

Open Windows Explorer, navigate to %windir%\System32\Wbem\Repository (%windir% is usually C:\Windows ). Rename the Repository folder to Repository_OLD
Then close Windows Explorer

Go back to the elevated Command Prompt and type:
"net start winmgmt" (without the quotes) and press Enter

Then type "exit" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Then close the elevated Command Prompt window and see if that fixed things.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/289312-system-event-notification-service.html
Relevancy 79.55%

My HP with Windows 7 suddenly gives me the following error message on startup: "Failed to connect to a Windows service: Could not connect to System Event Notification Service." Among other things, this prevents me from connecting to my wireless network, so I can't get on-line. . Rebooting doesn't help. And the problem occurs regardless of whether I sign on as administrator or as general user.

More: I can't access the Windows Help & Support pages. And I'm told to "see System Events log" for details, but when I try, it says "Event Log Service is unavailable."

I have tried netsh winsock reset but it doesnt help

Please help!

A:Could not connect to System Event Notification Service

Same problem exactly. Tried disabling Kaspersky (internet security 2011) and restarting, but no change. System's been buggy all along, so this just seems like the natural progression of things... But no network connection is pretty hard to work around!

For me this started after i interrupted a shut down by closing the laptop - which puts it into hibernation mid-shut down... Which may or may not be a contributing factor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/could-not-connect-to-system-event-notification-service.999750/
Relevancy 79.55%

hi!

I am using win 7 home basic edition.
There was a power failure and could not shut down the system.
when i started the system it gave me this error.

Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification
Service service. This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the
system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for
details about why the service didn't respond.

i have also booted in safe mode and went to the command prompt in safe mode and did a netsh winsock reset.But still i am getting this error.does anybody know a solution to this problem?

Thanks
Mahesh

A:System event notification service error!!!

Try using system restore. I am quite certain that will resolve your problem

System Restore

You may try an sfc scan first, but I am not as certain about the results.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/107201-system-event-notification-service-error.html
Relevancy 79.55%

2 days ago my laptop started acting funnily and stopped doing things like playing dvds and there appeared to be some changes to the screen and tool bars and message boxes.
The error message popped up in the bottom right-hand corner= "System Event Notification Service is not working, as an administrative user you can review the system event log".
Would really appreciate any tips on how to fix this as I know NOTHING about computers. Its is a sony vaio laptop, model PCG-7134M.
Thanks so much, look forward to hearing everyone's ideas asap! xxx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sysetm-event-notification-service-not-working-please-help.984776/
Relevancy 79.55%

Every time I start my computer and log in, an error message pops up when I get to my desktop:Failed to connect to a windows service.Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond.How can I fix this?

A:System event notification service not starting

Type services.msc in the start search box. click on the icon, Windows services will open.Scroll down to System Event Notification, right click and choose properties. In the dropdown box, set it to Automatic and start the service.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/380518/system-event-notification-service-not-starting/
Relevancy 79.55%

I have a problem with the system event notification service. Whenever I use my Asus V1JP-AK028E with Vista Business to access any Standard User account, it comes up with an error message - "Login failed, System Event Notification Service service could not start. Contact a system administrator".

When using password login to a Maintenance account I created, it comes up with the same error. This is an administrator account. When using fingerprint login to this account, it works, but the error message comes up in a popup when I first see my desktop, and then I'm logged off.

This was new yesterday, and I don't have the Vista Business disk, because it was preinstalled by PowerPlay Direct Ltd. If anyone has any ideas, please email me on [email protected] Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/system-event-notification-service-error-157333.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I have tried each and every one of the solutions on the forums and over here All Service to not Notification System connect Could the Event my drivers are up to date double checked I rolled back and uninstalled all updates Did sfc scannow three times and they passed without Could not connect to the System Event Notification Service any integrity violations I've tried netsh winsock reset as well The aero is gone greyed out plus I can't select any other theme and whenever I start up the computer it displays the message quot Could not connect to a Windows service quot This started happening about months ago when my laptop ran out of battery in hibernate mode It didn't resume so I had to press the power button again and then it took about minutes to boot with nothing but a black screen and the mouse there The audio service isn't running every time I boot up I have to right click and run troubleshooter to start it Does anyone have ANY idea what might be causing this How do I fix it I've uninstalled all the software that I installed before the error occured as well I'm using Windows Ultimate on a Sony Vaio VGN-NW GF Intel Duo core T and the ATI Radeon HD Graphics card

A:Could not connect to the System Event Notification Service

I would try a Repair Install as a last resort before running Vaio Factory Recovery from its partition - make the backup disks first as a secondary backup method.

However most tech enthusiasts want the better performance of a Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 using the Product Key on COA sticker. Everything you need is in the tutorial.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/224058-could-not-connect-system-event-notification-service.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I get the error: Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service.
Regular users are unable to log on to the machine but Administrators are. The Event Viewer does not have any useful information. I performed a system restore to a previously working day but the error came back eventually. I have ran the command netsh winsock
reset many times to no avail. When I log in to the machine as Admin I can see that the service is started and it is set to Automatic yet the error persists. This has occurred on 2 Dell machines of different models. I had to completely reinstall the first one
to get the user back working but this is not really a solution.

Thanks

A:Could not connect to System Event Notification Service

I reinstalled Symantec Endpoint Protection from the computer and it now appears to be working. But I am skeptical and intend to keep a close eye. If anyone has any experience with this feel free to still chime in.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/21488611-2011-4242-90a5-ba1f536ca5f6/could-not-connect-to-system-event-notification-service?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 79.12%

My computer recently started having issues here is what is going on boot computer Windows boot screen displayed notification to conect service" Windows system to event " failed minute screen goes black Can move mouse Drive light constantly on not blinking minutes log in screen comes up log in Desktop loads minute gt sometimes it loads with regular windows aero theme other times it loads with basic windows classic theme Error message pop up quot failed to connect to System event notification service quot Have to wait for about more minutes before computer is actually usable The audio service does not work as well from when I press the power button to when I can actually use my computer takes - minutes Here is what I have tried so far Turning off all start up programs services Tested Memory - passed Hard Drive Self Windows failed to conect to " system event notification service" Test ---- - fail I am guessing that this is the source of the problem however my computer does still work once everything is finally booted So I don't know what to do with that information or if that test even matters I have tried looking at the event Windows failed to conect to " system event notification service" viewer but every time it says that the event log service is unavailable gt I try turning on Windows Event Log but that does not change anything tried quot netsh winsock reset quot in command prompt based on a different thread that I found - it didn't work bit Windows untimate clean install from usb iso post resolution to bootsect exe issue running on dell poweredge sc quot No Audio Output Device is installed quot hardware issue Win has never detected or installed drivers for Ensoniq es sound card Specs below OS Name Microsoft Windows Ultimate Version Service Pack Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name System Manufacturer Dell Inc System Model PowerEdge SC System Type x -based PC Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Dell Inc A SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys Cant seem to find any info on sevenforums or microsoft technet or cnet or WELL Any where Microsoft fix it no problems detected Please any help greatly appreciated

A:Windows failed to conect to " system event notification service"

This seems to be a common problem, I am now also experiencing the same.
I have Win 7 Home Premium 64. Did chkdsk /r, defragged, tried sfc/scannow scanned for viruses and even tried reseting winsock.
My aero themes are greyed out, when trying to fix it with MS fixit it errors out.
It takes a long time to boot and then says "failed to connect to System event notification service"

One search on google will show this is a major problem, so why does MS not come out with a fix.
This seems to be the biggest frustration with Win 7 compared to XP, lack of support from MS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/161341-windows-failed-conect-system-event-notification-service.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Today I booted up my laptop to get this screen - my desktop without an aero theme and the error message on-screen.

Nothing unusual happened last time I used my PC. No installation or updates that I am aware of.

The computer cannot shut down properly now either, it just hangs after the desktop icons are gone. I am forced to hard shutdown.

http://i.imgur.com/S2N6EGp.jpg

Any ideas?

I doubt its malware but will run scans soon to double check.

A:"windows could not connect to the system event notification service"

The service has apparently started though:

http://i.imgur.com/LEuXUAC.png

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-could-not-connect-to-the-system-event-notification-service-718321.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Please Help My HP running Vista Home Basic suddenly gave me the following error message on startup quot Failed to connect to a Windows service Could not connect to System Event Notification Service quot Among other things this prevents me from connecting to my internet network so I can't get on-line Rebooting did not help Following the google search I used an elevated command prompt click Start click All Programs click Accessories right-click Command Prompt and then click Run as administrator and typing quot NETSH WINSOCK RESET quot then press the Enter Notification Event "System Vista: Service"? Windows key and then restart the computer I still cannot access my internet network instead of not connection now I get the message quot unidentified network Windows Vista: "System Event Notification Service"? quot and I still cannot go online although there I have some Mbs It sais I do not understand this text quot What netsh winsock reset command does are it resets Winsock Catalog to a clean state or default configuration It removes all Winsock LSP Layered Service Providers previously installed including the potential malfunctioned LSP that causes loss of network packets transmission failure So all previously-installed LSPs must be reinstalled This command does not affect Winsock Name Space Provider entries quot Please help me with the next step in order to be able to go online from my computer Thank you

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/226767-windows-vista-system-event-notification-service.html
Relevancy 78.69%

This Error popped up on my Screen today

My Nvidia control panel, among other programs do not seem to start with windows any more ( i noticed this right away because my screen configuration had changed)
I have checked the service and all of its dependencies and all of them are working fine. a quick Google search yielded no fixes that worked for me and I'm stumped as how to solve this

Thanks In Advance

Garrett

A:Failed to connect to System Event Notification Service

Usually it's a driver or COM component that's causing this. What does your Application and System event log show you as warnings or errors?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/251227-failed-connect-system-event-notification-service.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Windows 7 64-bit SP15

My Dell Latitude e6420 is having problems as of the past week. An error comes up on every reboot or startup of my machine. The "Failed to Start System Event Notification Service" error would come up on my screen down in the taskbar. Details below of startup:Laptop comes up slow.
Login and once desktop shows that error appears on my screen and sometimes my audio service isn't working (but it can't be the the driver for my video/audio card because sometimes it works and other things will crash meaning a corruption of some system driver.)
Takes 5-10 minutes for machine to fully boot.
Look at event log and shows Event ID Error 7026 every reboot.
I cannot find a fix for this error and nothing seems to be working. Please help with any information. Thanks.

A:Failed to Start System Event Notification Service

Windows Server 2008: Event ID 7026 this article just says what you are thinking seems to be correct. have you looked in device manager to see if there are any warning signs in there?
when your in event viewer, isn't there a link with the error that gives some help?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/failed-to-start-system-event-notification-service-597183.html
Relevancy 78.69%

My laptop using Vista Home Premium as developed a fault which means I cannot logon to the internet through my wireless connection. It takes minutes to boot up and comes up with an error message "failed to connect to a windows service. windows could not connect to system event notification service etc". I have researched this on the net and after trying several fixes including "restore", "deleting the latest windows updates" and "uninstalling HP printer software" all to no avail. Can anyone out there offer other solutions?

A:System Event Notification Service Logon failure

Hello rellarby,
Have you installed/un-installed any hardware/software lately ?, this will sometimes cause your system to do odd things.
The first thing i would try is a system restore, to a point before you had this problem.

System Restore - How to

Give it a try and post your results, good luck.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/261343-system-event-notification-service-logon-failure.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I know there was a thread earlier about the same issue but the solution doesn't seem to work for me.

This is the message i am getting on startup:

"Failed to connect to a windows service.
Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond."

The message comes with a very slow start up.

The computer doesn't seem to recognize any of the wireless networks either, so i currently can't connect to the internet either. So i am using a different computer right now.

I am using a Gateway T-1620 with Windows Vista Home Premium 32. Microsoft Security essentials is running and the firewall is down.

Relevancy 78.69%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3325 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 466635 MB, Free - 283303 MB; D: Total - 10239 MB, Free - 3492 MB; G: Total - 476821 MB, Free - 37511 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc, 0PP150, A00, ..CN7082186G50HH.
Antivirus: Norton Security Suite, Updated and Enabled

Error message appears on startup, usually clears upon clicking "Try again", then computer runs normally. It appears to boot up somewhat slower as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/could-not-connect-to-system-event-notification-service.1023264/
Relevancy 78.69%

I am currently using Windows 8.1
2 days before I updated my PC to 8.1 from 8
Then last night I kept Asphalt 8 for downloading from the store
And in the morning I shut down the PC and after several minutes
when I turn on my PC it shows somewhat like this :

"The System Event Notification Service service failed the sign-in.
Function could not be executed"

And the PC also doesn't shut down I have to force shut down it.
So please help, it's not starting at all. I even tried in Safe Mode
but it shows somewhat like this when I open MSCONFIG
and disable startup items

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/40622-system-event-notification-service-failed-sign.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Gringo_Pr,

I am wondering if my system may have gotten a virus.  On boot and attempting to log in I frequently get a message "Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service."  When it does this I get a message that it can't access my profile too.  It then uses the default.

I have run Microsoft Security Essentials, Malware Bytes and Spybot.  They don't seem to find anything.  But I am not convinced.  In browsing my event viewer - system I see system services that crash and restart.  So, either my machine has a virus or it is starting to fail. :-( 

Thanks in advance for taking on another challenge.

Orcldude

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/514309/am-i-infected-unable-to-connect-to-system-event-notification-service/
Relevancy 77.83%

I dug around quite a bit I really hope this hasn t already been a thread quot Failed to connect to a windows service Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the system As an administrative user you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn t respond quot This message comes with slow start up and Solved: failed System Notification Service, connect Event to shut downs that occasionally freeze Another strange symptom is that sometimes about every other time Solved: System Event Notification Service, failed to connect I boot up the computer it loses the shiny-black Vista theme Not so much a concern of aesthetic and more a note of wonkiness The laptop was sluggish recently and I was doing some cleaning defrags registry cleaning virus spyware scans etc I have a theory my sweep with CCleaner may have done something it really shouldn t have I m unsure what to do about this if it is true though because although I didn t delete them all my restore points are gone I also recently changed the virtual memory size if that is relevant Also uncertain of relevancy but the worst of it Service message began while I was toying around between Pidgin and Trillian Trillian crashed something There are so many event logs now that I m not able to figure out what it was I m really not as familiar with the workings of this computer as I wish I was I m really not certain about how to diagnos a problem from what I see I ve also never really gone to a tech forum before if you need more info you ll probably have to tell me how where to get it It is an Inspiron with Windows Vista Home Premium post SP- MB RAM and a GB HDD Also running AVG Window s Defender is down Firewall is on nbsp

Relevancy 77.83%

Hi guys,

Everytime I start my computer, it starts in the Windows Classic theme, with Aero disabled, and unable to be turned back on.
In addition to this there is a pop-up that says
"Failed to connect to a Windows Service"
"System Event Notification Service"

The Aero issue can be temporarily resolved by switching user to another one, then logging out of the other user, then back into the main account.

I have an Asus G51Jx with:
Core i7 Q 720 Hyperthreaded Quad core @ 1.65GHz
nVidia GTS 360M @ 550Mhz
500GB 7200rpm HDD

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Stu

A:Having issues with Aero and a System Event Notification Service Error

Every user can have their/there own theme. See if this will help.
Theme - Specify Default Theme to Load for New Users

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/256341-having-issues-aero-system-event-notification-service-error.html
Relevancy 76.97%

when i boot up my laptop now it comes up with failed to connec to a windows service sytem even notification service, this is stopping me getting on to interner etc,

i have tried a REPAIR, done a cold boot, done netsh winsock reset
restarted laptop

and it still stays the same

i see there is a suggestion to delete the winsock services hivekey in registry is this safe to do. i dont want to make it even worse,. but at moment nothing is working whatever i try.

please helo i did get error 1747 as well i cant start the services they are in starting mode and wont stop or start (greyed out options)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511245/when-starting-computer-failed-to-connect-to-system-event-notification-service/
Relevancy 70.52%

My 6-week-old Dell running Vista Home Basic suddenly gives me the following error message on startup: "Failed to connect to a Windows service: Could not connect to System Event Notification Service." Among other things, this prevents me from connecting to my wireless network, so I can't get on-line. It also prevents several programs within Kaspersky Internet Security from starting. Rebooting doesn't help. And the problem occurs regardless of whether I sign on as administrator or as general user.

More: I can't access the Windows Help & Support pages. And I'm told to "see System Events log" for details, but when I try, it says "Event Log Service is unavailable." When I try System Restore, it says "back-up hasn't been set up." (Aren't restore points set automatically?)

Please help!

Relevancy 68.37%

Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code x FE Cached Online Validation Code N A hr Notification Windows Suddenly Genuine Appearing Started Not xc Windows Windows Not Genuine Notification Suddenly Started Appearing Product Key - -XYHT - VM B-VR F Windows Product Key Hash qgOfbn VNkEA YMhMaKxhEAYUo Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM System Builder Windows OS version ID A-AC - AEB-A B-F F C BCB Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status Genuine Microsoft Office Standard Edition - Genuine OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics FCEE C- - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - E AD EA- -b E AD EA- - E AD EA- - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Users Alex AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt File Mismatch C Windows system wat watadminsvc exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watux exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system sppobjs dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system sppc dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppcext dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppwinob dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system slc dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system slcext dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppuinotify dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system slui exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system sppcomapi dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppcommdlg dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppsvc exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system drivers spsys sys Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system drivers spldr sys Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system systemcpl dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system user dll Hr x b Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt A-AC - AEB-A B-F F C BCB lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -VR F lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt D C FE lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Eastern Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Product GUID quot - - D - CFE- C quot gt lt LegitResult gt lt LegitResult gt lt Name gt Microsoft Office Standard Edition lt Name gt lt Ver gt lt Ver gt lt Val gt BFA A D lt Val gt lt Hash gt ZEraCt tC i gTUnLpNaWTyIsXk lt Hash gt lt Pid gt - - - lt Pid gt lt PidType gt lt PidType gt lt Product gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot A quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot B quot Version quot quot Result quot qu... Read more

A:Windows Not Genuine Notification Suddenly Started Appearing

Download the Intel? Rapid Storage Technology (Intel? RST) RAID Driver below

Restart the PC twice then upload a new MGADiag

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/292241-windows-not-genuine-notification-suddenly-started-appearing.html
Relevancy 63.21%

end of april this year, i was directed to some codec for wmp. an update or upgrade something or another in order to see some videos. something told me right away that this was prolly unnecessary....since then, action center notifies me that win security center service needs to be started. then of course, "bing...srvce cannot be started...."click shortcut and the mse cp pops up for a sec and then....nothing...same w/ win defender...also google redirects...
ijdk....
please help

A:windows service cannot be started

For starters you need to download and run Malwarebytes, then do an online scan with SUPERantispyware. Once you run those and remove anything that they find, then run a scan with HitMan Pro.

Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware, anti-virus and spyware removal download
SUPERAntiSpyware.com - SUPERAntiSpyware Portable Scanner
Downloads - SurfRight

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/175182-windows-service-cannot-started.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Whenever I open up windows security a message pops up telling me that security service can't be started. I believe I am having trouble with a redirect virus. So I want to say this has a role in this. But I am not sure. How can I take care of both. 

Thank you in advance!

A:Windows Security Service Can't Be Started

Lets first scan it. Hello VonZapper we may not need it.Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes:Flush DNSReport IE Proxy SettingsReset IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsReset FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed. Download TDSSKiller and save it to your desktop.Extract (unzip) its contents to your desktop.Open the TDSSKiller folder and doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then on Start Scan.If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue.If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.It may ask you to reboot the computer to complete the process. Click on Reboot Now.If no reboot is require, click on Report. A log file should appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.If a reboot is required, the report can also be found in your root directory (usually C:\ folder) in the form of TDSSKiller_xxxx_log.txt. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here....ADW CleanerPlease download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.Click on the Scan button.AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.After reviewing the log, click on the Clean button.Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.-- Note: The contents of the AdwCleaner log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you recognize and know should not be removed, don't worry about it. If you see an entry you want to keep, return to AdwCleaner before cleaning...all detected items will be listed (and checked) in each tab. Click on each one and uncheck any items you want to keep (except you cannot uncheck Chrome and Firefox preferences lines).. Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.....Last run ESET.Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.Click the button.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."Click the Start button.Accept any security warnings from your browser.Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats" Click Advanced settings and select the following:Scan potentially unwanted applicationsScan for potentially unsafe applicationsEnable Anti-Stealth technologyESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin s... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/537246/windows-security-service-cant-be-started/
Relevancy 62.78%

I just went through the process of cleaning out some malware and now I'm just putting things back together. The Action Center indicates that the Service Center service needs to be started. When I click on the link in Action Center, I get a pop-up telling me "Windows Security Service can't be started."

My first thought was to open windows services and start Security Center from there as well as check on it's status...Disabled, Manual or Automatic. While viewing windows services, it appears Security Center is not present. I also notice Windows Firewall is not listed as well. So, I'm thinking that some registry keys have been effected some way. Does anyone know how to go about repairing this?

A:Windows Security Service can't be started

You can try running the sfc /scannow command.

SFC -SCANNOW Run in Command Prompt at Boot - Windows 7 Forums - http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/139810-sfc-scannow-run-command-prompt-boot.html

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/545182/windows-security-service-cant-be-started/
Relevancy 61.92%

I am using windows in my laptop but whenever i try to open windows security service from open action center which is located on quicklaunch bar menu but it can generate me error Error code is center windows service The security started can't be Also i cant open my virus The windows security center service can't be started protection microsoft security essentials it closes immediatly itself Have also experinced browswr redirecting me to various pages It All started Tried to switch Security Center manually to automatic bu it switching it back Then tried combofix but no change Here are my combofix log ComboFix - - - Administrator - x Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT Running from c users Administrator Desktop ComboFix exe AV Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated EA - D C- DFB- - E E F F SP Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated C BB - B - - A - B A B B SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Other Deletions c programdata PCDr Downloads a e b- b - f -aa c-b b cd dll Files Created from - - to - - - - - - -------- d-----w- c users UpdatusUser AppData Local temp - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Default AppData Local temp - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Administrator - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow npdeployJava dll - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x Java - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wups dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wuaueng dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wuauclt exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wucltux dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wups dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wuapi dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wudriver dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wuwebv dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wuapp exe - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x Microsoft Security Client - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Microsoft Security Client - - - - --sha-r- c windows SysWow WINSRPCA dll - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Rainer AppData Local Macromedia Find M Report - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow deployJava dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow FlashPlayerApp exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow FlashPlayerCPLApp cpl - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow FlashPlayerInstaller exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers atrfiltr sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow opensc-pkcs dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow onepin-opensc-pkcs dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow esteid-pkcs dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow opensc dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system esteidcm dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow esteidcm dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers tcpip sys Reg Loading Points Note empty entries amp legit default entries are not shown REGEDIT HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Wow Node Browser Helper Objects A E A -B - A- E -CD A FC C B - - ----a-w- c program files x Estonian ID Card esteid-plugin-ie dll HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Wow Node Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run quot Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot quot c program files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot - - quot Adobe ARM quot quot c program files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot - - quot RoxWatchTray quot quot c program files x Common Files Roxio Shared OEM SharedCOM RoxWatchTray OEM exe quot - - quot Desktop Disc Tool quot quot c program files x Roxio OEM Roxio Burn RoxioBurnLauncher exe quot - - quot Dell Webcam Central quot quot c program files x Dell Webcam Dell Webcam Central WebcamDell exe quot - - quot NUSB MON quot quot c program files x Renesas Electronics USB Host Controller Driver Application nusb mon exe quot - - quot AccuWeatherWidget quot quot c program files x Dell Stage Dell Stage AccuWeather accuweather exe quot - - quot SunJavaUpdateSched quot quot c program files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot - - c users Administrator AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup Intel reg Turbo Boost Technology Monitor lnk - c program files Intel TurboBoost SignalIslandUi exe - - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE softwar... Read more

A:The windows security center service can't be started

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/457767/the-windows-security-center-service-cant-be-started/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi there I need help guys with my concern as stated with the thread title As far as I remember I ran DrTCP exe it's a speed utility app on Windows can't issue Security be Service started my windows ultimate bit desktop and after that I noticed some changes in my PC my theme was changed to basic theme and for some reason Windows Security Service can't be started issue my aero was automatically disabled themes service and desktop windows manager in services can't seem to be Windows Security Service can't be started issue started i wasn't not able to connect to internet using my broadband stick wireless I noticed that I can't make some changes in network adapter like deleting some that i don't need I noticed that the windows security service was not running and i can't start it in services i'm getting an error quot Windows could not start the Security Center service on Local Computer Error The dependency service or group failed to start In short DRTCP exe ruined my desktop i ran malwarebytes and deleted infected files i ran Avast and I did the same but nothing has changed I came across to one of the threads here with the same issue and used OTL exe I hope someone can help me as well with this I attached the OTL txt

A:Windows Security Service can't be started issue

bauer1818,

OTL is showing a ZeroAccess Check. It is a scan of some Registry items that the infection may show in. They are not in themselves bad, but, ZeroAccess is constantly changing and difficult to detect.

So, to take a look at the system before Windows starts, we need to run a special tool.
However, to do so, need some info from you:

Do you have the Repair your computer option in the Advanced Boot Options menu?

To find out:
Restart the computer.
As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears.
Is the Repair your computer option listed?

If you do not have the option, do you have your Windows 7 installation CD/DVD available?

~~~~
>>> If you have the Repair your computer option, please run FRST from your bootable computer, as follows:

First, please check the size an name of the Hard Drive that has Windows Seven installed.
Start > double-click: Computer (Take note of the info.)

Also, you may want to print these instructions for reference after the process starts.

Next, download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/down...ery-scan-tool/
Select the version that applies to computer (32-bit)

Save FRST.exe to the Desktop

Right-click Start, and select: Open Windows Explorer
Look for drive C:\
On the Desktop, right-click FRST.exe, and move it into C:\
Confirm that FRST.exe is in C:\.

Restart the computer.

Tap the F8 key until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears.
Select: Repair your Computer
Select language settings, and User account. (In the User Account leave the passworrd field blank, if you do not have one.)

On the System Recovery Options menu, select: Command Prompt

In the Command Prompt window, at the blinking cursor, type: notepad

In Notepad, under the File menu selec: Open
Double-click: Computer
Double-click on the OS drive (May not show as C:\ in the Recovery Environment)
Press: Open

At the Command Prompt window type: X:\frst.exe, and press: Enter
(Replace X with the letter of drive that now shows.)

The tool starts and presents a prompt with:
The tool is setting up to read the Local Disk. Please wait...

Click OK to continue.

When presented with the disclaimer, press: Yes

When the FRST console appears, press the Scan button.

Once the scan finishes, a prompt appears stating:
Scan completed. The frst.txt has been saved in the same location FRST tool is run.

Close this prompt. Notepad shows that a log was created.

Close FRST, and close everything else except System Recovery Options.
Press: Restart

Back in Windows, right-click Start, and select: Open Windows Explorer
Look for drive C:\, and open it.
A folder named: FRST is there.

Inside the FRST folder, there are three folders.
One of them is named: Logs

Open the Logs folder to find the text document resulting from the scan.

Please post the FRST.txt in your reply.

~~~~
Also, please use this short scan that also looks at ZeroAccess...

Please download RogueKiller:
Tlcharger RogueKiller (Site Officiel)

When you get to the website, go to where it says:
(Download link) Lien de t?l?chargement:

Select the version that applies to your system. (For 32-bit system, the version without x-64)

Click the dark-blue button that applies to download.

Save to the Desktop

Close all windows and browsers
Right-click and select 'Run as Administrator'

Press: SCAN

A report opens on the Desktop: RKreport.txt

Please provide the RKreport.txt (Mode: Scan) in your reply

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/277216-windows-security-service-cant-started-issue.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello,
I can't get to the internet, keep receiving this message windows security center service can't be started i already uni stalled my av /fw that didn't help is on a dell inspirion 1545 os windows 7 64 bits it all happend afetr I ran ad- adware last nigth to it removed some trojans and a trojan downloader can't remember much but after that when it restater I can't go on I called dell but they said this is not covered on the warranty just trying to help my girls kid thank you guys for the tips i will get at this point the lap top is justa paper weight

Relevancy 61.92%

I click on the flag to turn it on but get that message 'The Windows Security Center service can't be started ' Seems to have coincided with Security The be started. Windows Center service can't Firefox crashing REALLY FREQUENTLY too I downloaded Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and did a full scan Here's the result Code Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware www malwarebytes org Database version Windows Service Pack Internet Explorer mbam-log- - - - - The Windows Security Center service can't be started. txt Scan type Full scan C D Objects scanned Time elapsed hour s minute s second s Memory Processes The Windows Security Center service can't be started. Infected Memory Modules Infected Registry Keys Infected Registry Values Infected Registry Data Items Infected The Windows Security Center service can't be started. Folders Infected Files Infected Memory Processes Infected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Infected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Infected No malicious items detected Registry Values Infected No malicious items detected Registry Data Items Infected No malicious items detected Folders Infected No malicious items detected Files Infected c Users Tom Desktop ezdrummer v vsti update amp keygen Keygen Keygen exe Malware Packer Gen - gt No action taken d downloads Torrents office activation and conversion kit exe Trojan Agent CK - gt No action taken d downloads Torrents office professional plus bit and bit with volumeedition activator microsoft clean up utility msi Malware Generic - gt No action taken

A:The Windows Security Center service can't be started.

Could be a possible virus MB can't remove or an extension on FF that's not getting along with another program.

What AV are you running? Some of them take control of the security settings.

You can try installing MSE or D/L and run the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool

You could also try using this tool:

Norton Power Eraser

http://security.symantec.com/nbrt/npe.asp?lcid=1033

Quote:
Because the Norton Power Eraser uses aggressive methods to detect these threats, there is a risk that it can select some legitimate programs for removal. You should use this tool very carefully, and only after you have exhausted other options.

Edit: Found these

Trojan-Proxy.Win32.Agent.ck [Kaspersky Lab]
BackDoor-CLK.dll [McAfee]
Troj/Cimuz-F [Sophos]
TrojanProxy:Win32/Agent.CK [Microsoft]
Trojan-Proxy.Win32.Agent.CK [Ikarus]
http://www.threatexpert.com/report.a...fc4e1a04841f47

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/150535-windows-security-center-service-cant-started.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello all has Anyone got any ideas about this one Have a problem at the moment with windows pro bit Keep getting the warning flag with the red cross left bottom be windows service started centre security can't screen saying security centre turned off Go to turn it on and get a message The windows security center service can t be started If I go to services and go windows security centre service can't be started to the security center i find it disabled restart it but after a few seconds it s back to disabled again Have run malwarebyts in safe mode and got problems cleared them up but still no go When it first happened is was getting redirected IM results and it has stoped me doing a system restore after malwarebyts run i don t get the redirects but still no restore and still not able to start security center I Think thay i have got rid of the main problem but still left some problems in the reg or have a rootkit I did try rkill then dtss rootkit remover that did show results but then blue screens me Any ideas any one

A:windows security centre service can't be started

When you restart the service do you first set it to automatic?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/375913/windows-security-centre-service-cant-be-started/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi

My laptop has suddenly developed this issue and I'm pretty sure I have picked up something dirty somehow from the net. Please can some one help me with this, I did read a similar post here but wasn't sure if the same steps would be valid for my case as they were little old.

At the moment I'm on safe mode with networking and have my McAfee full scan running although it does show me that the my computer is at risk.

Thanks

WS

A:The windows security center service can't be started

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-security/windows-7-windows-security-center-service-cant-be/7fe60dc3-4cb9-4ca5-aa0d-3e77a78384cb

try this:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/491321/the-windows-security-center-service-cant-be-started/
Relevancy 61.92%

I'm getting the message that I posted in the title. I downloaded a program from the Microsoft website but the problem was not fixed, which is not uncommon from what I have read. It appears that I have some Malware or something wrong with the registry.

I have run full scans with Norton Anti-Virus, Malwarebytes, and  OTL.I just downloaded AdwCleaner and completed a scan and reboot. I started to run Combofix following the instructions given to other users. It continuously said "Access is Denied" after every action so I closed the program. From what I read, Combofix can screw things up if you are not careful. I did turn the anti-virus off when I first ran Combofix. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

A:"The Windows Security Center service can't be started"

You must run combofix as admin (Right click-> Run as Administrator)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/539887/the-windows-security-center-service-cant-be-started/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have had my new desktop for a couple months.  My windows defender had an issue.  I started the program and tried to "start now".  I received a box that stated "The service couldn't be started.  The group or resource
is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation.  Click Help for more information about this problem.  Error code:  0x8007139f.

A:Windows Defender The service couldn't be started.

I suspected you have other antivirus program beside Windows defender
remove that other antivirus and turn on defender, or if you still want to use that antivirus, windows defender should be disabled

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f8855d4e-643f-4fc0-a439-4bc38391fad5/windows-defender-the-service-couldnt-be-started?forum=w8itprosecurity
Relevancy 61.92%

thx dear .. can u see this !! any reg. file to fix this problem!!

[Imgur](http://i.imgur.com/h7Znm13.jpg?1)
[Imgur](http://i.imgur.com/uaMiJpg.jpg?1)

Best R.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/389654-windows-security-center-service-cant-started.html
Relevancy 61.92%

background Quote Since you are not sure what may have changed this setting I would recommend to do a Center service be cannot Windows started Security full scan of your system with Malwarebytes free just to be safe and help make sure that your system is clean I took your Windows Security Center service cannot be started advice and ran it Nothing detected I decided to also do a full scan with MS Security Essentials and there were some items detected Thnx Issue Oh btw as I was navigating the Control Panel after all this I happened across the 'Action Center' and noticed that 'Windows Security Center Service' is turned off I cliked on the 'Turn On Now' button and got a message that 'the Windows Security Center service cannot be started' First I don't know what this is Could it be automatically disabled because I am using the Malwatebytes and MS Security Essentials If not do I have another problem Other than these pesky little issues my system has been running fine almost since fall fwiw my UAC is set at the highest setting

A:Windows Security Center service cannot be started

Run SFC -SCANNOW Command.

Type services.msc in Start Search box, look at the dependencies tab for that service and make sure those Services are all set to Automatic and started, then try to start Security Center again. If this fails, google any error messages text to see how others have solved the failure.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/236507-windows-security-center-service-cannot-started.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Greetings guys Once again I turn to the true pc pros my mom inlaw has a hp pavilion g laptop running windows premium it is a like maybe yrs old and she has not had problems, windows started network not service any real problems with it up until network problems, windows service not started now It all began with her unable to connect to the internet I went to network settings and checked the status of her connection and found the profile had changed from home group to public access and it said she was connected but when you go to the network connections part it shows the mapped path with public access unknown network no internet access So I went back to manage networks and removed the public access point and reset it to home group only just the one this solved her network problems, windows service not started problem for a little while Well now my wife was on her laptop last night and again it would not connect to the internet on our home network it once again showed the public access not connected to internet I went back to manage my networks to put it back on homegroup only this time it did not show the public access point in the network I checked all of the network sharing points and was unable to locate the public access point but when you try to connect to internet it said network problems, windows service not started unable to connect also the laptop began to just shutdown for no reason I restarted it and started to correct the problem with the network and again shut down the wife said it has been doing that to her a lot when she was using it and now it is saying windows service not started and to view a log of this problem to sign on with admins account to view it I have admins access on my account sign in but it will not allow me to view the log due to service not running and not having admins access this is crazy it all started about week back and now the laptop is basically unusable please advise THANKS Pyrotech

A:network problems, windows service not started

is there any restore points for a week ago?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/617747/network-problems-windows-service-not-started/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi I recently did an upgrade of a new motherboard cpu and ram Everything else stayed the same Solved: Windows Service started be Installer Could not I was able to use the existing HD and it booted up and I installed all the new drivers etc The computer works great Solved: Windows Installer Service Could not be started and it s way faster than the old system Both are AMD When I went to do an install of Solved: Windows Installer Service Could not be started an old Solved: Windows Installer Service Could not be started logitech webcam I started getting a message like this Windows Installer Service Could not be started I then went to uninstall some unwanted programs and I get the same message Everything that usues the Microsoft installer fails I did some research and tried stopping re-starting unreg and re-regserver even automatic startup on the Installer service Nothing has worked so far except i can go into services and manually start it and then install my program and that works Another thing I noticed is that all of the Dependancies boxes on ALL the services are greyed out and blank see attachment Then something else I noticed is all of my system and network diagnostic tools no longer work Logitech diagnostic gives this Camera Marketing Name QuickCam USB PID BCD DA Software Version Logitech Webcam Software Version ERROR The RPC server is unavailable CPU ERROR The RPC server is unavailable RAM MB ERROR The RPC server is unavailable O S Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition ------------------------------------------------------------------------ The Microsoft Help Network Diagnostic Tool gives all errors like this Unable to connect to WMI namespace win networkadapterconfiguration I can t use the System INFO tool as it gives this error A network error occurred in connecting to Windows Management Instrumentation Ensure that your network connection is functioning properly Even the TSG SYSInfo toool I downloaded here will show no results I am logged on as Admin anyone have any ideas I suspect there is a Service that is turned off or not on or something but i have no idea what it is thanks in advance Jason Also I am running a single desktop computer I have no network and have never had one I just run a wireless usb antenna to a router I just discovered that taskmanager shows i have LAN connections where before I only had one It says the new one is a Microsoft tv-video connection I am guessing that is for the web cam i installed here is about my system WinXP SP current updates AMD Athlon II X Processor Processor Cores RAM Gigabytes Display adapter AMD G Western Digital PIDE GB Hard Drive MOTHERBOARD Foxxconn A ML-K Avast definitions - AWill db USB antenna wiresless networking adapter nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

Hello This is my first post and as you can see from the title I'm getting the message that my Windows Security Center service can't be started In addition when browsing the web I will sometimes click on a link and be sent to a page other than the one I clicked on I've read here on this forum and on others about this problem happening to others and I've be started. Center Windows Security can't service tried some of the solutions that were successful for Windows Security Center service can't be started. them but I've had no success I still have the little flag in the tool bar and the message I've had McAfee installed on this computer since the day I bought it but I uninstalled it the other day thinking it might be affecting the anti-malware programs from working properly In addition to McAfee the other programs Windows Security Center service can't be started. I've tried using are Avast also now uninstalled ESET online scanner CKScanner SuperAntispyware MalwareBytes Anti-Malware Hitman Pro and RKILL While some of these programs did find a few bad files on my system and subsequently eliminated them the problem remains I am hoping that someone can help this 'dumb-old-boy' by walking me step-by-step through the process that will cure this problem once and for all My system is as follows Dell Studio XPS Intel Core i GHz GB Ram Windows Ultimate -bit Operating System SP any other info needed I realize that this computer is almost years old and was obsolete the moment it left the factory but it has worked fine for my purposes so far well until about days ago and I'd like to get it working properly again Any help will be appreciated Mike

A:Windows Security Center service can't be started.

McAfee is the cause of a lot of problems and can be very difficult to get rid of. Some of it still may be on your PC.

Did you use MCPR.exe to uninstall it?

Here is some info on how to get MCPR and use it:

How to Remove McAfee Products | eHow.com

You can get MCPR.exe at the "resources" link on that page.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/248294-windows-security-center-service-cant-started.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I'm getting a warning that Windows Security Center service is off and when I try to turn it on it says it can't be started. I also cannot start Microsof Security Essentials (rather it opens then instantly closes).
Also some of my google searches redirect to goingonearth.com.

Malwarebytes isn't finding anything either.

A:Windows Security Center service can't be started.

Hi aaronstc, to Bleeping Computer.My name is Jason and I'll be helping you with your computer problems. You can call me by my screename jntkwx or Jason is fine.Some things to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please do not attach logs or put logs in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can also help.Do not run anything while running a fix.If you don't understand a step, please ask for clarification before continuing with any future steps.Click on the Watch Topic button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.Note to others: The instructions here are intended for the person who began this topic. If you need help, please create your own topic in the appropriate forum. Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt.Please post the contents of that document. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList last 10 Event Viewer logList Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result. Rerun MalwarebytesOpen Malwarebytes, click on the Update tab, and click the check for Updates button.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.If you have trouble updating, troubleshoot Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Next run Superantisypware (SAS): Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home UsersDouble-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from http://www.superantispyware.com/downloads/SASDEFINITIONS.EXE (copy and paste that website address) and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/411096/windows-security-center-service-cant-be-started/
Relevancy 61.92%

the windows security center service was disabled and couldn't be started i tried to turn it to automatic in services msc a windows center can't security service be started million times but it turns back to disabled windows security center service can't be started obviously its a virus malware which redirects the browser too i have MSE but it is also not starting in normal mode this is what i have done so far started the computer in safe mode scanned with mse a file was found it was removed but problem wasn't solved then read somewhere on the net about malwarebytes scanned with it - infections found removed i have the log files then scanned with superantispywhere infections found then removed i read this page too The Windows Security Center service can't be started followed everything ESET scan flush bat etc problem not solved windows security center service can't be started scanned with spybot problems were found one of which was 'security center service couldn't be started' after all this the problem still exists and the browser still gets redirected to some pages please help

A:windows security center service can't be started

Well it's been a long time. I have thought of something that might help. Check and see if you have any programs that you don't know what they are or use. A unwanted program can be turning off your security. If you find something, Google it and find out what it is and what it does. Try using a different browser and see if you have the same problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/180136-windows-security-center-service-cant-started.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hey My windows security center service doesn't work and when i searched i found this :

1- start

2- type services in search and hit enter

3- search for security center

4- right click (properties)

5-Change Disabled to Automatic

6- apply

7-start

i did this steps and security cente Work 100% but after 1-2 mins turned off again and the same every time

and Windows Defender doesn't work either

and when i trying to open it from service

So What's the problem ?

i hope i can get help here

A:the windows security center service can't be started

Alaaemad,
Welcome to SevenForums.

download, install and run MalwareBytes. Link in my sig.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/178044-windows-security-center-service-cant-started.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I went into the security center, and saw that the service was off. I tried to turn it on, and a message popped up saying "the security center service cannot be started;"

I checked services, and saw that security center is missing from there as well.

So what can I do? I also don't know when this started to happen.

Anyway, I am using 32-bit vista, pentium dual core, T4200 @ 2.00 gHz, 4 GB ram.

Oops, I seem to have made a similar thread to this one, but I didn't realize that it still exists.

Ok, it seems that thread has been moved, but I don't really think there is technical support over there, or is there? What I need is some help in trying to solve why security center is not shown in services.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/closed-help-windows-security-center-service-could-not-be-started.177459/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi My parents PC has run into some issues with genuine advantage it is genuine - has been running fine for a year or two and in attempts to fix that i've caused more issues i know i know Please note this is my parents PC not mine - specs are not per my profile and it might take a while to get back to you at is) started Not issue Update: Windows Genuine isn't (it & Service times Updates are set to notify but not install When i try to quot Check for updates quot i get the error Windows Update cannot current Not Genuine issue (it is) & Windows Update: Service isn't started check for updates because the service is not running You may need to restart the computer I also cannot update AV definitions in MSE Needless to say a restart doesn't resolve Firewall is TinyWall and has been opened switched off at times to see if there was a communication block but all looks ok there Internet connection is also fine I assume the Genuine issue is preventing updates although 'service not started' is a mystery When i try to quot Not Genuine issue (it is) & Windows Update: Service isn't started Resolve Online Now quot activation i get an error running installing the downloaded file WindowsActivationUpdate exe quot Update installation failed Error information - x EFD quot I don't know if this is helpful but i've seen it be asked for often enough so i've included it MGADiag says removed Not Genuine issue (it is) & Windows Update: Service isn't started license hash Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code x FE Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key Windows Product Key Hash Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM System Builder Windows OS version ID AE CC -EDA - A -BAD - A Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status Genuine Microsoft Office Home and Student - Genuine OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - E AD EA- -d E AD EA- - E AD EA- - E AD EA- - E AD EA- - efd E AD EA- - E B - - B D AA B- - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt File Mismatch C Windows system sppobjs dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppc dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppcext dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppwinob dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system slc dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system slcext dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppuinotify dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system slui exe Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppcomapi dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppcommdlg dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppsvc exe Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system drivers spsys sys Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system systemcpl dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system user dll Hr x b Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt AE CC -EDA - A -BAD - A lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Versio... Read more

A:Not Genuine issue (it is) & Windows Update: Service isn't started

Quote:
My parents PC has run into some issues with genuine advantage (it is genuine - has been running fine for a year or two) and in attempts to fix that i've caused more issues (i know, i know ).

What problems did your parents' pc have? What have you done to try to fix it?
What errors does the pc have now?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/350776-not-genuine-issue-windows-update-service-isnt-started.html
Relevancy 61.06%

An interesting problem has arisen after a recent virus cleaning The system is a Dell Dimension The original OS install was XP Home according to the product key sticker Last November someone wiped the drive and installed XP Pro Microsoft updates have been successfully installed up to including a WGA update last December MBAM was run first on the system and found some fake started ComboFix ran notification WGA after AV stuff along with two exe files labeled rootkits Seeing that I decided to run Combofix thinking there may be other rootkit activity that MBAM might have missed Combofix brought up the notification to install the Recovery Console I WGA notification started after ComboFix ran told it to go ahead Shortly a box came up quot asking quot if the installed OS was XP HOME System properties shows that XP Pro is installed Seeing this WGA notification started after ComboFix ran I clicked quot No quot Combofix ran it s routine deleted many entries belonging to Alot toolbar one random number named tmp file and an ares exe file It rebooted the system and proceeded to create the log file As the program was finishing up suddenly the WGA notification popped up above the Taskbar notification area alerting that this version of Windows may be counterfeit I noted in the log that wgatray exe was listed as running but don t know at what point it was determined to be running I didn t notice anything related to that in the notification area prior to running CF Is it possible that CF quot awakened quot a sleeping counterfeit install Is it possible that Combofix installed or I told it to install the wrong version of the Recovery Console and would that cause a problem with WGA It seems that if that were the case the response wouldn t have been instantaneous or would it I know there s a good chance that whoever installed the XP Pro could have used quot any ol quot disk and maybe quot tweaked quot it a bit but I don t want to insinuate anything until I m sure that I didn t cause this I don t have the CF log available at this moment but could post it tomorrow - if need be This is a close approximation of the last entry in the log which I thought interesting WindowsXP-KB -SP -Home-Bootdisk-ENU exe bootloader timeout default usual stuff Operating systems multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS Microsoft Windows XP Professional noexecute optin fastdetect Thanks Dean

A:WGA notification started after ComboFix ran

Hello,Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at step 6.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Since you have run ComboFix, please include the ComboFix log in the new topic. Please be sure to include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to try to resolve them.If you cannot produce any of the other logs, then please create the new topic anyway, include the information that you were unable to produce the other logs and why and include the ComboFix log along with a description of your computer issues.Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/329414/wga-notification-started-after-combofix-ran/
Relevancy 60.63%

Windows Vista Business SP2 on a Dell Optiplex 755 . Windows update says that the service is not started, but services.msc shows it as active. Is this a corruption or virus induced error in the registry, and , if it is, where do I find it , and how do I correct it?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/557577/windows-vista-business-sp2-windows-update-service-not-started-but-it-is/
Relevancy 60.63%

The moderator from the vista windows support forum asked me to continue my thread here LINK Windows Security Center Service Can't be Security be 7)= Windows Center Service Can't > VIRUS? (Windows started started Windows Windows Security Center Service Can't be started Windows Spybot indeed detects that my 'microsoft security center' is disabled I repaired the entry and rebooted but the problem is not solved I'm now scanning again and spybot has detected the entry again or another one How do I continue Do I have to run spybot in safe mode or something else I was asked to post the following scan logs here DDS log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Michael at on di Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Professional GMT AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated DAC -C - B -BB - DA SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated ABEC DA -E C- F - B -AA Windows Security Center Service Can't be started (Windows 7)= > VIRUS? E D BDD SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files AskBarDis bar bin AskService exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files AskBarDis bar bin ASKUpgrade exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Acer Acer SmartBoot ASLSvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Small Business Business Contact Manager BcmSqlStartupSvc exe C ProgramData EPSON EPW SSRP E S RP EXE C Program Files Acer Empowering Technology Service ETService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files Acer Registration GregHSRW exe C Program Files NewTech Infosystems Acer Backup Manager IScheduleSvc exe C Program Files NewTech Infosystems Acer Backup Manager BackupManagerTray exe C Program Files Acer Acer PowerSaver PowerSaverTray exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Wave Systems Corp SecureUpgrade exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVD Serv exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Program Files DivX DivX Plus Web Player DDMService exe C Program Files Acer Acer Updater UpdaterService exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Steam Steam exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C PROGRA Raptr raptr exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C PROGRA Raptr raptr im exe C Program Files Raptr raptr ep exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jucheck exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Users Michael Downloads dds scr C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page about blank uDefault Page URL hxxp homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW amp l amp m veriton m amp r kz p s g lb mDefault Page URL hxxp homepage acer co... Read more

A:Windows Security Center Service Can't be started (Windows 7)= > VIRUS?

Can anyone please take a look at my problem here? I had some great help in another sub-forum (see link) but I was asked to post a new thread here because I might have a virus.

If you need more info, or if you need me to run more scans and tests with logs, then please say so..

thank you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/windows-security-center-service-cant-be-started-windows-7-virus-553285.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I can no longer search in outlook I've traced this back to the search indexing - if I go to control panel gt indexing options it states quot indexing is not running quot Sure enough if I go to services the Windows Search Service is stopped even though it's set to start on quot automatic delayed annoying: service stopped... Windows Search started Highly then The start quot If I try to start it manually it says quot The Windows Search service on local computer started and then stopped Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs quot Googling the error takes me to this very specific microsoft support article which covers exactly this error Windows Search Service will not start Error quot The Windows Search service on local computer started and then stopped Some services Highly annoying: The Windows Search service started then stopped... stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs quot The article states the solution is to delete all the files in the Highly annoying: The Windows Search service started then stopped... quot C windows system config TxR quot directory But I tried this and only some were deleted but remain as they were quot in use quot I've googled around for ways to delete locked files and tried every trick in the locked files book - but I just cannot get rid of these files - and if these files are what's Highly annoying: The Windows Search service started then stopped... stopping the search service from starting then apparently I'm screwed I've tried deleting them using an admin cmd prompt safe mode with command prompt removing the system hidden attributes etc etc even lockhunter gave up on these files complaining that it was the system that was using them so it couldn't delete rename them or kill the locking process Any ideas I use the outlook search all the time I have zillions of stored emails and not being able to search is a nightmare

A:Highly annoying: The Windows Search service started then stopped...

Quote: Originally Posted by jxm

I can no longer search in outlook. I've traced this back to the search indexing - if I go to control panel > indexing options it states "indexing is not running".

Sure enough, if I go to services the Windows Search Service is stopped (even though it's set to start on "automatic (delayed start)")

If I try to start it manually it says : "The Windows Search service on local computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs".

Googling the error takes me to this very specific microsoft support article which covers exactly this error:

Windows Search Service will not start, Error: "The Windows Search service on local computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs"

The article states the solution is to delete all the files in the "C:\windows\system32\config\TxR" directory. But I tried this and only some were deleted, but 3 remain as they were "in use".

I've googled around for ways to delete locked files, and tried every trick in the locked files book - but I just cannot get rid of these 3 files - and if these files are what's stopping the search service from starting then apparently I'm screwed...

I've tried deleting them using an admin cmd prompt, safe mode with command prompt, removing the system/hidden attributes etc etc, even lockhunter gave up on these files complaining that it was the system that was using them so it couldn't delete/rename them or kill the locking process.

Any ideas? I use the outlook search all the time (I have zillions of stored emails) and not being able to search is a nightmare...

MoveOnBoot may work in this case;

EMCO MoveOnBoot Freeware download and reviews from SnapFiles

HTH

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/274866-highly-annoying-windows-search-service-started-then-stopped.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello everyone I am new to this community and i would wish to ask for IT assistance I can t install new programs because my windows installer service was unable to on computer Installer Windows and The then started Service stopped local start Whenever i attempt to The Windows Installer Service on local computer started and then stopped start it it will load a little bit and a popup will appear https dl dropboxusercontent com u Win png Now I am quite helpless because I also tried searching all over the internet finding for a solution Solutions Tried Unregistering Msiexec and Registering Msiexec System File Checker SFC scan Nothing Found Microsoft Fix-It Check For SYSTEM Permission Full Control Given To SYSTEM Starting Windows Installer Service via quot net start MSIServer quot Result System error had occurred System Restore I plan of using a system repair disc but I don t have one or even a blank disc I am really very stressed because of this situation because I can t install any application be it Java or Adobe photoshop Please Help Me Laptop Specifications OS Window Home Premium BITS Manufacturer Acer Model Aspire RAM GB Windows Installer Version Processor Intel Pentium Processor P Hard Drive GB HDD Thank You Everyone nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

Hi all,

i tried loading the eventvwr.msc file from system32 folder directly as well as from the administrator tools, but i get:

"event log service is unavailable. verify that the service is running."

so i try to start the event log service, from the services.msc program;
whenever i try to start windows event log from services i get the message:

"Windows could not start the windows event log service on local computer.
Error 3: The system cannot find the path specified."

how can i specify the path?
or
how can i resolve the problem?

any help would be appreciated please---thanks

A:HELP need to solve this problem asap - Unable to start event viewer/event log service

Fire up regedit and find this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog

With "Eventlog" highlighted on the left pane, you should be able to see a value called "ImagePath" on the right. ImagePath should be equal to this:

%SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted

If you can't see "ImagePath" in that location, or if it's not set to the text above, that's almost certainly your problem. If you're in the habit of using "registry cleaners", that might be the cause.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/223413-help-need-solve-problem-asap-unable-start-event-viewer-event-log-service.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Does anyone know how to disable Printing notification pop up, after a user prints a document?

I have search Microsoft for this, but whatever they have posted - did not work.

any suggestions.

Please and Thanks.

A:[Solved] Disabling Printing Notification/ Messenger service - Windows 2000

DimensionX said:

Does anyone know how to disable Printing notification pop up, after a user prints a document?

I have search Microsoft for this, but whatever they have posted - did not work.

any suggestions.

Please and Thanks.Click to expand...
This may be what you are looking for ( Shoot the Messenger ). In any event there is some other nice stuff at this site.
http://www.grc.com/stm/shootthemessenger.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-disabling-printing-notification-messenger-service-windows-2000.271666/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi all,

I'm experiencing the same issues as described by another forum member here: 'narong30'. I have tried all things sugested to him but to no avail.

My Windows Security Center Service Can't be started (Windows 7)

My Microsoft security essentials are shutting down by itself.
When i try to start the service from services.msc I also get the error number 1079.

plz advice

A:Windows Security Center Service Can't be started (Windows 7)

Also when I run: sfc /scannow as soon as the scan is completed the program disappears so i can't read the results. What can I do about this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-security-center-service-cant-be-started-windows-7-a-552538.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello,

I get a problem "Windows Security Center Can't Be Started" I've try so many method to enable the service back. But all fail.

I already try to start the service from services.msc but I get an error. The error number is 1079.
I hope someone can help me. I believe my dll file have been corrupted. Please help me :)

A:Windows Security Center Service Can't be started [Windows 7]

Hi have you looked through this Fix for Event Log Service Startup Error 1079 - The Winhelponline Blog

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-security-center-service-cant-be-started-windows-7-a-550090.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi all,

i tried loading the eventvwr.msc file from system32 folder directly as well as from the administrator tools, but i get:

"event log service is unavailable. verify that the service is running."

so i try to start the event log service, from the services.msc program;
whenever i try to start windows event log from services i get the message:

"Windows could not start the windows event log service on local computer.
Error 3: The system cannot find the path specified."

how can i specify the path?
or
how can i resolve the problem?

any help would be appreciated please---thanks

A:Unable to start event viewer/event log service on vista

By the way the OS is a Vista Home Prem without SP1. and i have searched this problem extensively, finding no solutions.

If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-start-event-viewer-event-log-service-on-vista-367739.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi My laptop has suddenly developed this issue of center service - server started be problem busy Windows security can't showing quot Windows security center service can t be started quot with my McAfee disbaled Windows security center service can't be started - server busy problem automatically I m pretty sure I have picked up something dirty somehow from the net Please can some one help me with this I did read a similar post here but wasn t sure if the same steps would be valid for my case Windows security center service can't be started - server busy problem as they were little old There is also a small pop up that says server busy with options to switchto cancel amp retry I guess all these are a sign of some infection At the moment I m on safe mode with networking and have my McAfee full scan running although it does show me that the my computer is at risk This full scan has not detected anything I have also tried the following in the safe mode System File Checker didn t show anything and I ran a Malicious full scan that didn t pick up anything either Additionally I also tried fixing the registry which didn t help as well Would really appreciate any other help Thanks WS nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-security-center-service-cant-be-started-server-busy-problem.1095901/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi

My laptop has suddenly developed this issue and I'm pretty sure I have picked up something dirty somehow from the net. Please can some one help me with this, I did read a similar post here but wasn't sure if the same steps would be valid for my case as they were little old.

At the moment I'm on safe mode with networking and have my McAfee full scan running although it does show me that the my computer is at risk. This full scan has not detected anything.

I have also tried the following in the safe mode,
System File Checker didn't show anything and I ran a Malicious full scan that didn't pick up anything either. Additionally I also tried fixing the registry which didn't help as well.

Would really appreciate any other help...

Thanks

WS

A:Windows security center service can't be started - server busy problem

If you can load Disk Management, check to make sure that there isn't a small hidden partition.  I have had cases where a rootkit virus will create its own 5-10 meg partition and hide there, thus bypassing the typical anti-virus scan.  Keep in mind though that there are also legitimate small partitions provided by the PC manufacturer for diagnostics, drivers, etc.  You don't want to get rid of those.

Hopefully, someone with more knowledge and experience than I will help you out with this issue.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/491470/windows-security-center-service-cant-be-started-server-busy-problem/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi

I have an Active Directory Domain with Win2008R2 DCs and Win7 clients.
From about 2 months ago some of my clients complain about time of the system which is behind the DC time.
When I nailed the problem I noticed permissions of folder
"C:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\wmi\RtBackup" folder is the key to the problem. Group 'System' should have access to this folder and

based on some unknown reasons this permission is deleted.
Because of this permission problem, 'Windows Event Log' service is stopped either.
When I correct the permission and reboot the clients, every thing works fine.

Do you know what is causing this problem? What is changing permissions of RtBackup folder?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9b94ddad-5cc1-4859-9ec9-d8d6c6b38dd8/windows-event-log-service-crash?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 58.48%

I am logged on as administrator.  Usin Win7 Ultimate 32 bit.  can not start Event Log service.  Any suggestions?

A:Windows could not start the Windows Event Log service on Local Compurter. Error 5: Access is denied

Hi Bob,

This issue can be caused due to the incorrect permission settings for the administrators group.

I would like to suggest you perform the following steps to troubleshoot the issue.

1. In the "Start" menu, locate "Command Prompt". Right-click and choose "Run as Administrator". If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

2. Type the following commands, then press "Enter" to execute them one by one. Please note the space before the command and its parameter.

takeown /f C:\windows\system32\logfiles\wmi\rtbackup
cacls C:\windows\system32\logfiles\wmi\rtbackup /G administrators:F

3.   Restart the computer to check the issue.

What’s the result?Arthur Li - MSFT

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/44479c49-55e6-4bd7-b25e-3f2a6497306e/windows-could-not-start-the-windows-event-log-service-on-local-compurter-error-5-access-is-denied?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 58.48%

Okay, I am a pretty technical user, and I am really struggling with this issue, and I wasn't 100% sure which section to post this in. I used to share videos over my network with multiple xboxs and a ps3. I recently installed Norton Internet Security on my system, and after doing so, I was not able to stream videos anymore. I tried changing firewall settings, and permissions and such, but could not get it to work, so I uninstalled NIS from my system. After doing so, the Windows 7 firewall service will not start. If i look at the event log, it gives me Event ID 7024 : The Windows Firewall service terminated with service-specific error Access is denied.. I have run the norton removal tool, and this has not fixed the problem.

A:Windows 7 firewall service will not start. Event ID 7024

I solved the problem! I followed the instructions here.
Windows Firewall damaged by &#39;Windows 7 antivirus 2012&#39;

Sorry to bother you guys.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/249192-windows-7-firewall-service-will-not-start-event-id-7024-a.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Shown below is the Windows 7 event log, and I would like to know what the error means, and if I should be concerned? My guess would be that this is affecting performance or perhaps just a symptom of other problems? The system isn't overloaded with garbage or viruses or system-tray apps or anything like that. Even if someone could give me a starting point, that would be much appreciated!

Pretty much every item in the list says the same thing with some different numbers. Let me know if that information can help you, and I'll post it.

A:Solved: Event Log: Windows has started up: "false"

This article suggests it's not a big deal, but it couldn't hurt to review your drivers.
http://social.answers.microsoft.com...e/thread/0bef777e-a5ab-4b8a-bca1-4df814c01bd9
Are there any other symptoms?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-event-log-windows-has-started-up-false.922569/
Relevancy 58.05%

I am getting a warning event notification, which states that disk space has dropped below the minimum threshold. I have plenty of disk space. How can I get rid of this notification?

A:warning event notification

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569449/warning-event-notification/
Relevancy 58.05%

I m not sure if this is a hardware problem b software problem or c some sort of malicious software problem but rather than cross-post would ask a moderator to let me know if there is a better forum for this post ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Dell Optiplex GX Operating System Windows XP Professional Problem Description There is a pop-up window that occurs randomly and frequently that is titled quot Warning Event Notification Warning Event Notification quot and the text of the pop-up is as follows Warning Event Notification quot Disk free Warning Event Notification space has dropped below the minimum threshold Free up space on your hard disk drive by Backing up your data to a tape backup ZIP or network drive Delete unused files If you are unsure which files are safe to move or delete contact your Help Desk or consult your software manuals quot On the left side of the pop-up is a graphics area with Dell s logo and a large circle enclosing an quot M quot The only response to the pop-up is to close it This computer has a gb C drive that has only used I am current on Norton s Internet Security and Anti-virus updates and ran an anti-virus scan in safe mode last night Dell tech support doesn t have a clue Any ideas Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

Hello. When i turn my pc on now, i keep getting the following message:

failed to connect to a windows service. Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents limited users from logging onto the system.As an admin user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didnt respond.

I do not see any problems arising from this, but can someone tell me what this is all about and how to fix it.

Thank you

A:System Event Notification

Hello and welcome to the forum.

First I take it you can still logon to your desktop...

The best and fastest way to correct the problem is by doing a system restore not a factory restore. You go back say 5 days before the problem started heres how.

System Recovery Options

System Restore

You also might want to try a sfc sacn heres how...

System Files - SFC Command

1. Click start...
2. Type: cmd
3. Right click cmd.exe and run as administrator.
4. When the command box appears next to the flashing cursor then type: sfc /scannow, notice there is a space between the sfc and the forward slash. After you have run the sfc if there are any errors then run it 3 more times as it repairs more each time.

Please keep us informed as to the results...

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/291827-system-event-notification.html
Relevancy 58.05%

On my laptop with XP Pro SP2, I get frequent and seemingly random System Event Notification sounds (XP Balloon.wav). I can not figure out what is causing them. I get them all the time. I have checked the Event Viewer and I can find no entries that seem to correspond. I cleared the event logs and the next time I got the event sound I checked the logs and they were still clear. How can I find out what is causing these? I get no error msgs and everything seems to be running fine apart from these frequent popping noises. Are there more logs I should looking at other than the ones the Event Viewer offers?

Relevancy 57.62%

Basic Info about my Computer:
Windows 7 Home Service Pack x64
The original installed OS on the laptop
OEM (came pre-installed)
The laptop was first booted in August 2010
I haven't reinstalled the OS

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 4105
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 101
BCP1: 00000028
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: FFFFF8800194CB2C
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1
Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\111211-18454-01.dmp
C:\Users\Venom\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-60481-0.sysdata.xml

I followed all the BSOD Posting instructions too, everything should be in order. Please let me know when the fix is available, I really appreciate all the help and work everyone has put in. Thanks!

A:Problem Event Name: BlueScreen windows 7 Home Service Pack 64x

Quote: Originally Posted by vibasu

Basic Info about my Computer:
Windows 7 Home Service Pack x64
The original installed OS on the laptop
OEM (came pre-installed)
The laptop was first booted in August 2010
I haven't reinstalled the OS

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 4105
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 101
BCP1: 00000028
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: FFFFF8800194CB2C
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1
Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\111211-18454-01.dmp
C:\Users\Venom\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-60481-0.sysdata.xml

I followed all the BSOD Posting instructions too, everything should be in order. Please let me know when the fix is available, I really appreciate all the help and work everyone has put in. Thanks!

Blamed on Netio.sys, it usually means your malware app. I would remove McAffe and replace with Microsot Security essentials at least to test.

How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee consumer products using the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR.exe)

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

The BCC suggests
Best advice that I've seen about this error (from here: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tml#post356791 )

Quote:
What you're looking for will be in one of the following categories:

a) BIOS bug
b) a driver whose activity is causing the target processor to lock up
c) a hardware defect (temperature, voltage, dust, RFI, outright borkedness...)

So, check the drivers
Then check the inside of the case (temperature, voltage, dust, etc).
Then run some hardware stress tests

Quote:
Try this free video stress test: http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/
Try this free stress test: Free Software - GIMPS

Quote:
Prime95 Setup:
- extract the contents of the zip file to a location of your choice
- double click on the executable file
- select "Just stress testing"
- select the "Blend" test. If you've already run MemTest overnight you may want to run the "Small FFTs" test instead.
- "Number of torture test threads to run" should equal the number of CPU's times 2 (if you're using hyperthreading).
The easiest way to figure this out is to go to Task Manager...Performance tab - and see the number of boxes under CPU Usage History
Then run the test for 6 to 24 hours - or until you get errors (whichever comes first).
The Test selection box and the stress.txt file describes what components that the program stresses.

Then try replacing parts.
Then look up the versions of your BIOS to see what changes were done.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/197072-problem-event-name-bluescreen-windows-7-home-service-pack-64x.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello Of all started that Looking that me can id computer has tell event the a for of the event ids that are generated when my PC starts I am looking for one that I can use to trigger an e-mail to myself For example when my backup starts event id has been setup to trigger an e-mail to me stating that my backup has started Event id has been setup to trigger an e-mail notifying me that my backup has finished In the past I had issues with my backups completing Without going into the details my backup issue appears to have been resolved If I do not receive e-mails stating that my backup has started and ended I know that there was some issue and I can research the problem I sometimes leave my computer on overnight with some application open In the past my machine would sometimes restart I use to have a problem with my computer crashing or freezing After my graphic card went bad and had been replaced I do not believe that my PC crashes as often To early an event Looking for a event id that can tell me that the computer has started and I Looking for a event id that can tell me that the computer has started may not be able to send an e-mail When I get the e-mail and I know that neither I nor any member of my family did not start the computer I can look through the logs to see if I can determine why Does anyone have a suggestion as to a good event id to trigger on If I have select the wrong area to post this thread I apologize Thanks in advance Stu

A:Looking for a event id that can tell me that the computer has started

You could run a Powershell script from the Startup folder to do this: Something like:

$smtp = new-object Net.Mail.SmtpClient("mail.example.com")

if( $Env:SmtpUseCredentials -eq "true" ) {
$credentials = new-object Net.NetworkCredential("username","password")
$smtp.Credentials = $credentials
}
$objMailMessage = New-Object System.Net.Mail.MailMessage
$objMailMessage.From = "[email protected]"
$objMailMessage.To.Add("[email protected]")
$objMailMessage.Subject = "eMail subject Notification"
$objMailMessage.Body = "Hello world!"

I did a Google search to find the above: send email from batch file

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/336628-looking-event-id-can-tell-me-computer-has-started.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Legacy Notification Autoplay V Event I HAVE A TOSHIBA U S RUNNING WIN XP PRO SP WITH INSTALLED MATSHITA U J S D Notification Legacy Event Autoplay V2 V D SUPER DRIVE I CAN NO LONGER BURN MEDIA OF ANY TYPE I CAN PLAY ALL MEDIA INCLUDING D V D RAM I AM USING NERO ANS ASHAMPOO BURNING SOFTWARE I HAVE A SONY EXTERNAL D V D BURNER CONNECTED TO MY LAPTOP Legacy Notification Autoplay V2 Event AND I CAN BURN EVERYTHING FINE IN MY ADVANCED SETTINGS FOR MY INTERNAL BURNER WINDOWS DOESN'T SEE IT AS A RECORDABLE DRIVE THE ENCLOSED IS A ERROR REPORT GENERATED BY AUTOFIX AutoFix V Legacy Notification Autoplay V2 Event Time - - Microsoft Windows Version Service Pack v lt gt Test The Shell Hardware Detection service is running - Instance N A Result AutoStart Setting OK Result The Shell Hardware Detection service is running OK Test Policies - Instance D Drive Type Result HKCU Policies NoDrives OK Absent Result HKCU Policies NoDriveAutorun OK Absent Result HKCU Policies NoDriveTypeAutorun OK Present Result HKLM Policies NoDrives OK Absent Result HKLM Policies NoDriveAutorun OK Absent Result HKLM Policies NoDriveTypeAutorun OK Absent Result Driver level policies OK HKLM Services cdrom Autorun Present lt Allows gt HKLM Services cdrom Parameters Autorun Absent lt Allows gt HKLM System CCS Enum AlwaysEnable Absent lt Not set gt HKLM System CCS Enum AlwaysDisable Absent lt Not set gt Test Drive Notification - Instance D Drive Type Result Legacy Notification Problems Result AutoPlay V Notification Problems Service Silent Shell Deaf gt gt Repair lt lt Legacy AutoPlay Event Step No steps to take Result This AutoPlay setting cannot be fixed Either the device is malfunctioning or the wizard cannot determine the problem gt gt Repair lt lt Autoplay V Event Step No steps to take Result This AutoPlay setting cannot be fixed Either the device is malfunctioning or the wizard cannot determine the problem gt gt Required action The wizard found problems but cannot fix them - gt None Posted PM PST cestewart Job Role Telecommunications System Administration Location Brooklyn New York Member since

A:Legacy Notification Autoplay V2 Event

uninstall one burning application and see.

Run nero infotool with from start menu>nero.here u can find features supported by your dvd drive

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/legacy-notification-autoplay-v2-event-222319.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I had a lot of WHEA error problems so I set up a Task (Attach Task to Event) to give me a notification message whenever one occurred. I've since replaced the motherboard (and fixed the WHEA errors). I would now like to delete that notification task but don't know how.

A:How to delete a Task Event Notification

Look in Task Scheduler \ Task Scheduler Library \ Event Viewer Tasks
Can you delete the task there?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/340698-how-delete-task-event-notification.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have 20 new desktops to set up. They all come with XPpro, and rather than set them all up and install software individually, I set up one, then made an ISO image, that I am copying down to each pc. The first machine went fine, and I made the image from it. Now, when I copy the image to the new pcs, once I log in, everything is fine, except a message that keeps popping up.

Warning Event Notification
Diskfree Space has dropped below the minimum threshold.

It suggests cleaning up files. There isn't anything to clean up. The hard drives are 40g and only 4 is being used. I am confused.

I found a suggestion online, for disabling the warning, in the registry, but that did not work.

ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

p51

A:Warning Event Notification message

No idea... maybe if you use Ghost instead perhaps it wouldn't be an issue tho.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/warning-event-notification-message.175516/
Relevancy 57.19%

I keep getting the error message when the computer is starting up "Can't connect to system event notification service". As a result I'm unable to get online.

I've tried to restart it in system maintenance but all options of starting, stopping, or restarting are grayed out. The same for my DHCP clinet.

The only thing that I have been able to do that works is going to the command promt as admin and doing "NETSH WINSOCK RESET CATALOG".

My computer has been super slow lately and when booting up it goes to a black screen that sits forever in between the welcome screen and when my desktop acutally comes up.

Please let me know what to do to fix this problem.

I'm running Vista Home Premium.

A:System Event Notification Issues

<<...starting up "Can't connect to system even notification service". As a result...>>

I think you meant "system event notification service" .

http://carbonize.co.uk/wp/2009/02/15/system-event-notification-service-not-starting-on-vista/

http://www.techmalaya.com/2009/01/26/fix-could-not-connect-to-the-system-event-notification-service-error-windows-vista/

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/367975/system-event-notification-issues/
Relevancy 56.76%

Everyday when I log on to my laptop it will say:

"Failed to connect to a windows service.
Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond."

But when I go to click on it nothing happens, also my computer has been slow and I have been having problems getting on the internet. My internet will either freeze up or stop working also the sounds for logging on or off have been slow too. I am using micorsoft security essentials which I have used to try to see if there is a virus but it comes back clean.

My laptop is a Pavillion dv5.

A:Failed to conntect to system event notification.

Please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread.
Also, if its a brand name system like an Acer,Dell or HP, please post the exact model of the system.

Do you have SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes? If not, they are highly recommended here and compliment your Anti-Virus program.

http://superantispyware.com/ Choose the FREE version, and decline any toolbars etc., included in the download packages. Check for updates before doing a Quick scan.

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebyte...=dl&tag=button Choose the FREE version, and decline any toolbars etc., included in the download packages. Check for updates before doing a Quick scan.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/failed-to-conntect-to-system-event-notification.1068369/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello

Can anyone comment, what's to meaning and purpose of Windows 7 Event log entry:Winlogon - User Logoff Notification for Customer Experience Improvement Program. Event ID:7002
Or accordingly User logon ID:7001.
How to switch off when not needed?

Thank you!

A:Event log - Winlogon notification Customer Experience

Customer Experience program is one of the opt-in Microsoft data mining things. For it to actually work one is supposed to choose to "opt-in" or turn it on somewhere. I certainly did no such thing so it's not working on my machine, but guess what, there's still a scheduled task to gather the data, even though it's not being sent anywhere. So apparently, the computer is programmed to gather some info anyway, regardless of whether you actually opt-in for the Program.

While I am not sure what your particular Event ID means, I can share what I did - I went to the Task Scheduler and disabled all tasks related to the Customer Experience Improvement. I think that would take care of anything related to the Program, including your log entry.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/145691-event-log-winlogon-notification-customer-experience.html
Relevancy 56.76%

!!! LOOK, WARNING, WATCH OUT, HEY YOU !!!! WARNING: Event ID 4001, WLAN AutoConfig service has successfully stopped. The operative word there being "successfully ", and the stupidity on a Microsoft Developers part being; if it's stopped successfully they why the ____ does it mess up my event log with a warning flag? I get fed up of this garbage. Isn't this why Vista failed so badly? You'd think Microsoft would learn.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8e71fa0d-8547-45c4-9fb1-39046dce2757/stupid-windows-7-event-id-4001-wlan-autoconfig-service-has-successfully-stopped?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 56.76%

Have found the following error in the Event Viewer relating to VSS, ID 8194 when made back up the system Windows 8.1 partition to an image file with OneKey recovery Lenovo program :
Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error querying for the IVssWriterCallback interface. hr = 0x80070005, Access is denied.
This is often caused by incorrect security settings in either the writer or requestor process.
Operation:
Gathering Writer Data
Context:
Writer Class Id: {e8132975-6f93-4464-a53e-1050253ae220}
Writer Name: System Writer
Writer Instance ID:{7382df8f-c426-4940-a8bf-24d4ee707cf3}
I would appreciate some advices how to fix it.
Thanks and best regards,
Ewa

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4d925199-36eb-4b4d-9b8e-d0535a999cee/volumine-shadow-copy-service-error-id-8194-in-the-event-viewer-windows-81?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 55.9%

Okay this problem has been seen plenty of times by others so I've read some threads now offering a fix but none of them solves the problem Upon booting Windows after entering my password for several minutes I see the message quot Please wait for the System Event Notification Service quot or words to that effect After a while the machine finishes booting and the desktop shows up but immediately a message shows up near the notification area reading Quote quot Failed to connect Event Can't Notification Crisis! Connect System Nothing helps! to Svc- to a windows service Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service This problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system As an administrative user you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond quot But it's lying You cannot use the event viewer if the System Event Notification Service isn't running BTW SENS System Event Notification Service is set to start automatically If it matters the last things I did prior to encountering this problem were Uninstalled iTunes Installed older version of iTunes iTunes failed to launch properly due to various error messages Performed System Restore from last night before step occurred then rebooted SENS problem first appeared and when I finally got Crisis! Can't Connect to System Event Notification Svc- Nothing helps! to the desktop I saw a message saying that the System Restore failed and that I should try again Every subsequent System Restore I tried failed in the same way as --- One alleged quot fix quot was to boot into Safe Mode start the SENS then run the event viewer but in my case I absolutely cannot start SENS So I cannot run the event viewer either --- Another alleged quot fix quot was to use the command quot netsh winsock Crisis! Can't Connect to System Event Notification Svc- Nothing helps! reset quot but whether in Safe Mode or not although the command completed normally it did not Crisis! Can't Connect to System Event Notification Svc- Nothing helps! fix the problem --- Another alleged quot fix quot was to run quot SFC Scannow quot This is something I do fairly often but it doesn't fix this problem --- Another alleged quot fix quot is to startup without any user startup programs and without any non-Microsoft services as follows Clean Boot Run msconfig Chose quot Selective Startup quot Disable quot Load startup items quot Go to Services tab select Hide All Microsoft Services Select quot Disable All quot to disable all non-MS services Reboot But this did not fix the problem either --- Another alleged quot fix quot was to stop the Font Cache service rename the font cache to old then reboot But this did not fix the problem either --- Another alleged quot fix quot was to delete all the files under quot C Windows System winevt Logs quot This didn't work either -- Another alleged quot fix quot is to run a Hotfix described at KB Weirdly you're not allowed to just download the Hotfix MS actually REQUIRES that you request that the link to the file be emailed to you I made that request at pm local time but it's pm now and I still haven't received the email I'll try it when I MS decides they can trust me with it but does anyone have any other suggestions as to how to fix this crisis Thanks

A:Crisis! Can't Connect to System Event Notification Svc- Nothing helps!

Quote: Originally Posted by Thenin

...You cannot use the event viewer if the System Event Notification Service isn't running!...

Sadly, you have multiple issues. I have no problem seeing the event logs while SENS is stopped/disabled... even after restarting the W7pro64bit Virtual Machine.

Perhaps I got to the log files in a way that is different than what you tried. I did the following:

Start > right-click on Computer
Select Manage from the context menu.
Drill down to the event log of interest.

After selecting a particular log (e.g. System) I did have to let it sit for several seconds before the middle pane populated with info. I have seen this take several minutes. You might try leaving it selected over night :-(

I'm not a big fan of the System Restore process. You might be looking at doing a Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/377825-crisis-cant-connect-system-event-notification-svc-nothing-helps.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hey guys This error started happening only on computers with installed The original RTM of Windows doesn't do this nor do Windows and I tried some Google searches but all I see are relevant to or not Windows It must have been something changed between RTM and that did it too Anyway This only happens once but let me explain When I refurbish computers for our employees I wipe the hard drive completely either diskpart quot clean quot via the recovery shell or using DBAN to wipe the partition table if I can't get into WinRE I then boot it up using network boot We have a System with Notification errors Event logins domain Windows Deployment Services server set up so we can install Windows using PXE I put the Windows Enterprise Version wim in there and it installs fine After install I make a local account make sure the drivers get installed automatically so far it's been auto-magic for all our hardware even NVIDIA and AMD graphics cards install antivirus MS Office and whatever special software that employee System Event Notification errors with domain logins would need and then I name the machine and put it on the domain To prevent extra crap from being created in C System Event Notification errors with domain logins Users System Event Notification errors with domain logins and in the registry I don't log in with a domain account I let the employees do that themselves The first time any domain account tries to log in it errors after about seconds with Code Windows couldn't connect to the System Event Notification Service service Please consult your system administrator If they put their password in again it goes through and all the initial settings are applied from our Group Policy Objects I noticed that if I log in as an account which is a Domain Administrator and via our GPOs is also added to the Administrators group on the machine I don't get that error It only shows up for quot normal quot users which are not part of admins Nothing critical by any means as it will always work on the second try but I'm really curious why it happens at all What service is it even trying to connect to The fact it happens on literally every computer it even happens in VMWare images which I've done to test GPO settings would imply it's not a problem with a particular machine rather something in our domain Or it's possible there's a GPO that was set years ago for Windows that didn't cause any detrimental effects until now I'd be happy to provide diagnostic debug stuff just tell me what you need and I'll try it in one of my VMs

A:System Event Notification errors with domain logins

Hi,

we are experiencing the same issue. Did you ever get to the bottom of this?

Thanks!

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/36700-system-event-notification-errors-domain-logins.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have been having this problem since I removed the "antivirus 2010" bug and I'm afraid I must have missed some of it. I can find no running processes that are triggering the event notification tone but it goes off, seemingly at random times, even when the machine is in sleep mode. I know I can just turn off the tone, but would much rather find the underlying cause, as well as restoring my computer to its former speed. I have a Dell with a 1.96 GHz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800, 3 gigs of RAM, Windows XP Professional OS. I have run Mcafee, Avira, and Malwarebytes all current versions, with no good luck. Any help you can offer me would be greatly appreciated! I will attach the HT log I just got. thx again
 hijackthis4_11.log   8.3KB
  17 downloadsEDIT: Moved from XP to more appropriate malware forum, HJT log attached ~ Hamluis.

A:XP semms slow, also, the event notification sound goes off at random times

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below I will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREAndPlease download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OK DeFogger will now ask to reboot the machine - click OKIMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable which will appear on your desktop.ThenPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/308885/xp-semms-slow-also-the-event-notification-sound-goes-off-at-random-times/
Relevancy 55.04%

I continuously receive the following message within the Action Center:

Turn on Windows Security Center service (Important)

When I click on this message I get the error "The Windows Security Center service can't be started."

I am trying to apply the solution at the link support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2510301

However the Security Center service is not in the Services list.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/390397-how-handle-windows-security-center-service-cant-started.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I get an Action Center flag telling me Center (again) can't "The be Windows started" service Security to turn on WSC service but when I try it tells me that it can't be started I know -- this is a common issue but I haven't found any threads that solve "The Windows Security Center service can't be started" (again) the problem for me I'm running W home premium bit It's a new install on a new hard drive but everything else in the machine is older than months As far as I know the problem started when I got rid of AVG and installed ESET smart security free trial My first guess "The Windows Security Center service can't be started" (again) was that ESET disabled Windows security "The Windows Security Center service can't be started" (again) so there wouldn't be any conflicts but windows doesn't seem to recognise ESET in the security center in the same way it recognised AVG It's as if Windows security knows ESET is there and won't turn on but doesn't want to admit it in public Most of the threads I've seen treat this as a malware issue so here's what I've tried so far ESET scan found nothing Malwarebytes scan found nothing Advanced System Care malware scan and deep registry scan found a cookie Windows defender scan found nothing sfc scannow found nothing None of this fixed the problem I've also checked that Windows firewall and WMI are running and are set to quot automatic quot in services I get a strong feeling that this isn't malware related I think it's far more likely that it's the result of ESET not being installed configured properly or of me fixing things until they break in an attempt to optimise the system Sorry for the apparent thread repetition but I haven't been able to find anything that works Any pointers gratefully received

A:"The Windows Security Center service can't be started" (again)

Just passing by..... & I'm curious.

Did you use the appropriate AVG Remover Tool to remove their program from your computer?

AVG - Download tools and utilities

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/185285-windows-security-center-service-cant-started-again.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Yeah so I've been running Windows for a few months after wiping my hard drive with my genuine windows installation disc and now Windows is telling me that my copy is not genuine nbsp So I tried to go through the steps that the activate online window led me to it worked until started&quot; Activation Windows has not been &quot;Service Error, I reset my computer After resetting Windows went back to telling me that my copy is not genuine After activating online failed I tried to re enter my product key after doing that a message box Windows Activation Error, &quot;Service has not been started&quot; saying quot Service has not been started quot pops up Later I looked up a solution on google and it led me to this video nbsp https www youtube com watch v icLOqN-hLns I followed the steps and the activation problem still didn't go away I tried to re activate the Software Licensing service but when i went to services msc quot Software Liscensing quot Isn't there I am at my wit's end here I have a physical copy of Windows but I don't want to wipe my system again Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code N A hr xc f Windows Product Key - - G V-PWYJ - VG Windows Product Key Hash p yfauX wRx iv Dw XhJDAkapg Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM System Builder Windows OS version ID E F -FF - D-B D-D Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Ultimate Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error nbsp Validation Diagnostic nbsp Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Opera launcher exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt E F -FF - D-B D-D lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - - VG lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt System manufacturer lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt P E Deluxe lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt American Megatrends Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt nbsp lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt A E F lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Eastern Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt nbsp Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Name Windows R Ultimate edition Description Windows Operating System - Windows R OEM COA NSLP channel Activation ID cfb e c-d - -af - b ee c Application ID ... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fa91ebea-a026-4821-b140-68c753b0e6a8/windows-activation-error-ampquotservice-has-not-been-startedampquot?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 55.04%

Just like it says on the tin. The error message is "Windows Update cannot currently check for updates, because the service is not running. You may need to restart your computer. I've gone through several other posts and tried the fixes suggested there but the problem still persists. I have also recently restored my computer to factory settings. I've checked if the services were running and all of the required ones i've found are both started and set to automatic start.

A:Windows 7 64 bit unable to update because "service not started"

Open an Elevated Command Prompt window, and run teh following commands

NET Start BFE
NET START BITS
NET START WUAUSERV
NET START TRUSTEDINSTALLER

post the results
Then

Open Windows Update
Click on Change Settings
Select 'Never Update...'
Click OK
exit Windows Update
Now open Windows update again
Click on Change Settings
Select 'Update automatically'
Click OK
exit Windows Update
Open Windows Update, and do a manual Check for Updates.
also follow the instructions here, and post the results.
Windows Update Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/269888-windows-7-64-bit-unable-update-because-service-not-started.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I am not very tech savvy at all so please keep this in mind Over the last Help! Security Center started" be service can't "Windows week I have had trouble with my laptop it won't open certain programs mainly my Panda Security anti virus software aswell as google chrome Help! "Windows Security Center service can't be started" Internet explorer is having major issues and keeps having to refresh web pages due to internet explorer not responding Windows won't let me Help! "Windows Security Center service can't be started" search for updates and I have an quot important message quot which is requesting me to turn on my windows security center service which when I try to do it always Help! "Windows Security Center service can't be started" fails and says it can't be started I have windows home premiuim -bit whatever that means Really have no idea how to get this fixed and seeing though I can't even access my security software to scan for viruses I have no idea what to do I have looked at threads on here with similar problems and have tried to click on links to run a free scan via norton virus software etc and the webpages never load it as though I don't have an internet connection even though I do The same happens when I typed my problem into google any microsoft web page i tried to access just wouldn't load up but I have found this forum so hoping someone can help

A:Help! "Windows Security Center service can't be started"

Though I don't have much idea, but go to Start, type "services.msc", hit enter, search for "Remote Procedure Call (RPC)" and "Windows Management Instrumention" services, double click these and make sure startup type is set to "automatic" and are started. Once these are started, double click "Security center" make sure it is set to "automatic". Now restart your system and see if all that helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/283257-help-windows-security-center-service-cant-started.html