Windows Support Forum

Monitor goes black for a few seconds

Q: Monitor goes black for a few seconds

Ok so I got this computer it works great! until I try to game the only game that works is Fable TLC (it works for all games) all other games the monitor goes black for a few seconds so I cant play any games really. how do I fix this without spends tons of money on parts? everything works fine even others have no problem see things thru remote access im the only one that's having the issues. brand new tower and monitor.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Monitor goes black for a few seconds

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Monitor goes black for a few seconds

Can you give us your hardware components such as the make and model of your power supply and the watts, amount of RAM, your cpu, and video card? Is this a new system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-black-for-a-few-seconds.204797/
Relevancy 70.95%

My monitor usually works fine, but when I go see some pictures or videos, is just turns black for a few seconds, and it turns itself off very often. I suspect this being a virus things, but I know nothing of computers!! It works better when I'm just reading text, but it still happens even while I'm doing that!!

My PC was all crazy a few weeks ago and it didn't turn on, but I send it to fix, and it came back much faster and cleaner, but this still happens to me.

Plus, when I turn my pc on, it says something (don't understand what excatly) but I have to press F1 to continue.

Thanks for reading guys, whoever helps me... You're the man!! You don't know what a relief you are.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/monitor-goes-black-for-a-few-seconds-virus-329027.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Anybody know what would make a monitor display for 10 seconds and then go black?
I can shut it off...turn back on and it displays again for 10 seconds and goes blank.
I have changed out cables. tried on several machines, and outputs, same result.
any help would be appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-works-for-10-seconds-then-goes-black.188677/
Relevancy 70.95%

This is how the incident occurred.

A roommate used a towel to clean the back of the monitor, but he mistakenly loosed the power cable a bit (on the monitor), and so the monitor went off. Once replugged, the monitor acted weird.

Every time you switch on the monitor the screen is lit for several seconds. Then the screen will turn black (the power button is indicated on). You switch the button off and then on. The screen will show for several seconds and turn black again.

I tried to remove all cables and put them back. It doesn't work.
I tested the monitor in two computers with the same (miserable) result.
I used different cables too. Tried both D-SUB and DVI. No luck.

It's hard to believe the monitor went out of order after such clean-up. How could this happen?

Any pointer to the problem?

A:Solved: LCD monitor going black after several seconds

I tested the monitor in two computers with the same (miserable) result.

You already have the answer; the monitor has failed. Yes, if you power surge any piece of electronic equipment, you can damage it. Monitors are very cheap now with a 19" for < $100
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824254023

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-lcd-monitor-going-black-after-several-seconds.984058/
Relevancy 70.95%

I just added a 2nd monitor today to my comp, a Philips 109s. It turns on fine, displays the extended screen but after maybe 7 seconds, it goes black. If I change something within the screen res section(ie landscape to portrait), it fires back up, but goes black again in a few seconds. When the 2nd monitor is on, I can mouse over to it no probs.. The power lite always remains green (on).. Basically everything is set properly, but it just goes black again until I change a property..any ideas ?

My setup:
Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - all updates
Main display Dell E248WFP
2nd Display Philips 109s
GTX 260 (main display DVI-DVI cable, 2nd display DVI-VGA cable) - newest drivers
Both displays set at their native resolution within the screen res section
2nd monitor to the left and "extend these displays" on.

A:2nd monitor added but goes black after a few seconds..

Just out of curiousity is this a new monitor and how is it connected?
Please take the time also to fill in your entire system specs here

You can use this program to help with that Speccy - System Information - Free Download
Thanks. Fabe

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/122206-2nd-monitor-added-but-goes-black-after-few-seconds.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I think is a hardware problem , I have tried to download the recent drivers and that really did not do anything.

I can work for 5-10 mins until the monitor flickers turning black for a few seconds, then it gets faster turning black and sometimes, I see the color vertical lines until I have to turn it off and rest it. Then go back until it starts again. The monitor is like 2-3 years old.

Is there a simple solution that I can try? The warrantty is over.

Relevancy 70.09%

This is a very weird problem that has been bugging me for months First things first the relevant hardware Left Monitor Hannspree HF at x Resolution Right Monitor LG-W at x Resolution GPU Nvidia GeForce ti CPU Intel i - S GB RAM I have both monitors hooked up to the Nvidia card with my left monitor HF as the Main Monitor in the Windows settings Both are hooked up using DVI Well one is using a DVI- gt HDMI passive converter cable So here's the problem Whenever I begin to play an MP file in the browser OR in VLC my left monitor turns black for seconds After that it turns back on and everything works fine again My right monitor never for videos black MP4 One goes monitor 5 watching when seconds turns off at all when this happens The strange thing is that once I refresh the page or stop the video the monitor turns off again for about seconds I have confirmed that this only happens with MP videos Even One monitor goes black for 5 seconds when watching MP4 videos stranger is that if I set my right monitor as the main monitor this problem goes away entirely I can visit sites with MP videos and open them up in VLC and neither screen turns off I'd leave things set up this way if I didn't find it annoying to have everything open all the way over there - gt Plus I just really want to know why this is happening I had this exact same problem when I had an Nvidia GPU in this same computer It was the GPU I had just before the One monitor goes black for 5 seconds when watching MP4 videos one I currently have I have used the NVidia control panel to set all my GPU settings back to factory and that didn't help at all Does anyone have any ideas on what this could be Update I thought it may be the DVI- gt HDMI Cable I replaced it and still have the same problem Update I had a new idea and tried setting the left monitor to x resolution That solved the problem Unfortunately my left monitor only has x native resolution I'm guessing the codec is doing some sort of downsampling to match my resolution resulting in the temporary black screen Any ideas on how to solve this

A:One monitor goes black for 5 seconds when watching MP4 videos

What are the dimensions of the MP4 files?
Which codec do they use?

Which version of VLC are you using?
Can you reproduce the problem with another program? (Such as Windows Media Player, MPC-HC, or GOM Media Player)

The monitor that turns black, it is connected with a DVI > HDMI cable?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/617034/one-monitor-goes-black-for-5-seconds-when-watching-mp4-videos/
Relevancy 70.09%

Several times a day, my monitor display will go black for several seconds, i will see the screen resolution in the upper left of it, and the date in the upper right. Then it will return to the normal display. It can happen every few hours, or sometimes several times within a few minutes.  I'm using a Samsung tv. Can anyone help me figure this out? i've tried changing the input port from the computer to the tv, started with HDMI2, then hdmi1, and HDMI Dvi, and it makes no difference.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/monitor-goes-black-for-several-seconds-then-returns-to/td-p/5738133
Relevancy 62.35%

When bootup starts, i see the info screen for 2s and then it gradually "fades" in 2s.The screen is black during the whole bootup.
Same thing with an old game - Icewind dale 1(2 works fine and all newer games), when i start the game screen immideatly goes black.When i switch monitor on-off monitor i see the menu for those 2s and it again fades.
Same thing when 3dmark03 is done with the 4 game tests and resets to test 1, my monitor goes black similar to icewind dale 1.
at one point, vundo even caused my monitor to display out of range error, but it was like this again after i removed alot of it in safe mode.
ive done scans with avast, some online scanner, ad-aware and spybot S&D.
Im thinking it may be something that vundo permanently changed in my computer.

A:What can cause my monitor to simply "fade to black" in about 2 seconds?

when the monitor fades i hear the same sizzling as when i turn it off, but the green light is still on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-can-cause-my-monitor-to-simply-fade-to-black-in-about-2-seconds.844528/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a Windows -bit ASUS installed in a church It's primary function is to play video As such I have a quot monitor hooked up through a DVI cable which sits at our audio video console Then I have HDMI out running into an HDMI to SDI converter which runs to an SDI splitter and out to TVs placed throughout the building each with an SDI to HDMI seconds black TVs a go for few converter to bring the picture into the TV I've got them set up as extended display with the quot monitor as my main display Both display and display are set at the same resolution and refresh rates The extended desktop displays fine and we have our video player set so that we pull up the controls on the main display and the video itself outputs to display That works perfectly However the TVs go black for a few seconds one problem I find is that anytime I pull the mouse off of the main display aND onto display all of the TVs go black for a few seconds If I stop moving the mouse or drag the pointer back onto display the picture comes back The quot main display always stays on only the extended displays lose picture So if I want to display anything where I need to be able to work within the program window on that display to navigate a website or something so that the audience can view it on the screen I cannot do it I can drag a program to the extended screen but it will only work for a second or two before going black as long as I'm trying to use the mouse on that display Even if it is just sitting on the desktop out sites the same thing Before we had the current setup for our system this same PC was hooked to a projector through an extended HDMI cable that was attached at a wall plate When it was hooked in that way without the SDI converters between this problem did not occur I have tried turning on pointer trails adjusting resolution down updating the graphics driver and changing from extended display to duplicate display but so far nothing has eliminated the problem On duplicate display any mutton of the mouse would cause the TVs to go black but the quot monitor would be fine I know others that have pretty much the same setup in their building as we do and none I've talked to have experienced this same problem Amy suggestions for what I might try in Windows to get rid of this issue Or do you think that perhaps it must be some problem with the HDMI to SDI converter Again it displays HD video without a flaw It is only the mouse pointer that is causing the extended displays to go dark

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/47000-tvs-go-black-few-seconds.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,

My problem is:
I get past the Windows XP loading screen only to be
faced with a black screen. It stays this way for about 30-60 seconds before
the Windows XP welcome screen came up, allowing me to login. Everytime I
reboot my computer the same thing happens for a month now.

A:black screen for 30 seconds

+ belarc advisor report

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-for-30-seconds-418586.html
Relevancy 51.6%

hi guys,
Not sure if this is the right place to post this or not. But since I reformatted my lap top I've been having an annoying problem when watching avi movie files. Every time I watch one at SOME point rather it in the beginning, middle or end of the file, the screen just goes black for 1-3 seconds. Sound still goes just fine, no error messages or anything. It's just ONCE everytime I'm watching a video file. Anyone know whats causing this or how to fix it?

A:black screen for 2-3 seconds

When this happens, do the video/audio get out of sync or does the video catch back up? And, just to clarify, this is only with avi files, right?

Cheers

http://www.vistax64.com/software/229818-black-screen-2-3-seconds.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,

I have Windows 7 Ultimate, 7600 RTM with a Geforce GTX 275.

I notice sometimes about every 30 minutes or so the screen on the desktop would just go black and reappear in about 2 seconds.

What could be the problem?

DXdiag shows the drivers I am using are 8.17.11.9621.

Thanks.

A:Screen often goes black for 2 seconds

Try updating DirectX, DirectX February 2010 Update

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/65574-screen-often-goes-black-2-seconds.html
Relevancy 51.6%

This problem seems to have started two days ago, and I am not sure what is causing it. The details are:
It seems to only stay black for around three seconds, in intervals between one minute and 30 minutes.
Everything stays functional while the screen is black. As in, nothing pauses while the screen is black.
The monitor doesn't look to be the faulty part here; the light on it stays the same brightness and colour throughout, indicating that it is still displaying something.
I have updated my video driver to see if it fixed the problem. It didn't.

If you would like to know any more information about how I can get this fixed, please ask.

Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/screen-keeps-going-black-for-a-few-seconds-1109729.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello. I have a problem. It started today - my computer monitor frequently turns black for one or two seconds and than back to normal. It isn't possible to work like this. By the way, I haven't installed any new programs or hardare. What could be the problem?

A:black screen for 2 seconds

Its impossible to tell without knowing what hardware and software you are using!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-for-2-seconds.51907/
Relevancy 50.74%

As the title states i've had this problem for about weeks now i thought maybe my Norton Security ran out but that was not the case seconds popping every Window Black up 10 I deleted Norton and installed Kaspersky last week The ghost window did not stop but it changed instead of popping up and disappearing it would stay and i'd minimize the box If i delete it the box would be back in another - seconds The Kaspersky keys kept turning up on the black list so i got rid of it and installed AVG Free I installed Malewarebytes last night to no avail I mean it got rid of some stuff but the ghost is still there Idk what to do This ghostly box is driving me crazy DDS Version - NTFSx Run by Kevgeez at on Wed Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Black Window popping up every 10 seconds Free On-access scanning enabled Updated Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Black Window popping up every 10 seconds Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files iWin Games iWinGamesInstaller exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System TUProgSt exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMYPRT EXE C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpWareSE exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Common Files Research In Motion Auto Update RIMAutoUpdate exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exe C Program Files ImgBurn ImgBurn exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Windows servicing TrustedInstaller exe c program files windows defender MpCmdRun exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Users Kevgeez Desktop dds com C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report mStart Page hxxp www gateway com g startpage html Ch Retail amp Br EM amp Loc ENG US amp Sys DTP amp M T mDefault Page URL hxxp www gateway com g startpage html Ch Retail amp Br EM amp Loc ENG US amp Sys DTP amp M T uInternet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt local mSearchAssistant hxxp www gateway com g sidepanel html Ch Retail amp Br EM amp Lo... Read more

Relevancy 50.74%

I recently purchased a new graphics card (Nvidia 1060 non-gaming) to replace my old one (nvidia 620), which was experiencing random graphics failures. (I figured out the problem, it was it was overheating) But now with my new graphics card, I have been just been experiencing random 3-5 second black screens while I am doing something, I can still do things like type, but just it is black but the background is still going on. I have reseated multiple times, and when I put back in the previous graphics card the computer works fine,just with the problems of crashing due to the graphics card overheating. I also have 16g of ram. In addition, the screen seems to have a slight hint of yellow through the screen. Any way to fix that?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/random-black-screens-3-5-seconds-4605256/
Relevancy 50.74%

Good day I have a desktop computer that I built years ago I went away for the summer Few Screen Seconds [SOLVED] Every Black Goes and did not take my computer It was transported by car for a few hours too aside from being in storage for months Could be the source of the problem though I believe that it is a software issue When I turned it on for the first time a few days ago it worked fine except for a flashing in the monitor It will go completely black from a period of - seconds then turn back on It does this at a variable rate and the flashes could be anywhere from one second to seconds apart I have full control over the computer [SOLVED] Screen Goes Black Every Few Seconds while the screen is black but just can't see anything My guess is that it is a software issue as it only occurs once I am logged into my account on windows Any ideas what the problem could be What to check for Running Windows vista bit with a Geforce gtx with newest drivers

A:[SOLVED] Screen Goes Black Every Few Seconds

Hi, welcome to TSF

i would start by re-seating the video card. Try another monitor or try your monitor on another computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-screen-goes-black-every-few-seconds-596348.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

Every 2 minutes my screen goes completely black just for a couple of seconds. This has just started to happen and is really annoying.

How can I find out what this is and possibly fix it?

Cheers,

C h r e d g e

Relevancy 50.74%

Over the past few months I have experienced black every for PC Keeps (ON so seconds. WIN10) a few screening often my computer black screening on PC Keeps black screening every so often for a few seconds. (ON WIN10) multiple occasions sometimes multiple times a day or even hour Current Situation My current situation is that over the past - months I have began experiencing frequent black screening on my PC whether it be while i'm playing a game watching videos or even just idling as I talk to friends This type of thing has been happening at random times and sometimes I even notice what seems similar to pixelated lines run across on a rare occasion Currently I have just updated my GPU from a GTX which I believed to have been the problem to a GTX Ti Superclocked and I also have upgraded from a W Corsair PSU Bronze to a brand new Corsair RM W Gold Not only did I upgrade my PSU and GPU but I also conducted a Memtest on my RAM for errors which ran for over cycles without a single error I have seen posts online of others suggesting it is most likely a GPU issue but in this instance I believe that not to be the case as I have not only replaced the GPU but also reseated and changed the card to multiple PCI-E slots Most recently I have also made an entirely new reinstall of Windows Professional to rule out any potential driver issues or problems which may have been caused by the Operating System Here are a list of my current PC specs OS Windows Professional CPU Intel Core i K GPU GTX ti Superclocked RAM Corsair Vengence GB Mhz PSU W Corsair RM Gold Plus MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z Motherboard chipset STORAGE Both a GB SSD and TB HDD Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts on what this issue may be or any steps that I should take to help try and diagnose the problem

A:PC Keeps black screening every so often for a few seconds. (ON WIN10)

Moved to win 10 section for further help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/pc-keeps-black-screening-every-so-often-for-a-few-seconds-on-win10-1092698.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Windows 8 was fine. For Windows 8.1 I had Windows 8 format and do a clean install and then immediately upgraded to 8.1. Now at least half of the time when I boot up after BIOS info and the windows logo shows briefly I see a black screen for 2 to 5 seconds I'd say. Then the lock screen. So after I get to where I can input my password everything is fine.

But I can't figure out why there is this few seconds of black nothing before I can input my password. I can't see that anything is wrong.

A:Black screen for a few seconds before login

If you have a HDD drive install the windows sdk and performance tools and run a boot-time defrag.

Try the cmd below before installing sdk, not quiet sure you need it in w8

These work in 8
How to enable boot defrag of system files on Windows 8? - Microsoft Community

or

How to speed up boot process under Windows Vista or Windows 7 - Windows Tips 'n' Tweaks - MSFN Forum

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/34702-black-screen-few-seconds-before-login.html
Relevancy 50.74%

heres my system log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS arservice exe C Program Files Bonjour up seconds... when for then few boot on a PC goes i desktop black comes mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Common Files Portrait Displays Shared DTSRVC exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS ARPWRMSG EXE C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files Java jre desktop comes on when i boot PC up then goes black for a few seconds... bin jusched exe C Program Files Portrait Displays Pivot Software wpctrl exe C Program Files Gateway EzTune DTHtml exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe C Program Files Belkin USB F D Wireless Utility Belkinwcui exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Updates from HP Program Updates from HP exe C Program Files Common Files Portrait Displays Shared HookManager exe C PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files Portrait Displays Pivot Software floater exe C WINDOWS system lxcrcoms exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe c windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http rd yahoo com customize sbcydsl defaults sb http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Inte... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-comes-on-when-i-boot-pc-up-then-goes-black-for-a-few-seconds.761400/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello everyone I've already been looking on the internet for any solutions and have tried some but nothing has seemed to work so far When playing a game League of Legends my screen sometimes randomly turns black and recovers itself after a few seconds I already deleted previous drivers and installed the latest drivers even the beta one from nvidia I've also run Prime but that only checks my CPU which seems fine I've been having this issue for a couple of days now Mostly it happens when i'm in game and my temperatures always seem fine But sometimes it happens when just browsing the internet after playing League of Legends I would like to try to solve it without needing to replace any hardware parts because all my parts seem fine from temperature etc It would be hard for me to get a part screen for a of seconds couple Black to test my PC with because i don't really Black screen for a couple of seconds know any other people with custom PC's I have a gtx Graphics Card and a W GS Corsair PSU As i've read on other forums these two parts seem to be the major problems I've seen Black screen for a couple of seconds many forums and would like to ask direct help from the pro's because i've seen so many things to try that I don't know what to try anymore Sorry for the long post and for my bad English And thanks already for helping me edit If i start the game now my screen turns black and doesn't recover anymore I have to hard reset my PC

A:Black screen for a couple of seconds

try to check if the Graphic card fan aren't burned, i also have the same problem almost changed my graphic card at least to a $41 card, but try to change the thermal paste. if it not work try to replace the fan with its card spare parts (just search the market) or if you didn't find it just buy a CPU fan and stick it with glue to the old fan. Hope this help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/337793-black-screen-couple-seconds.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi there I m looking for some advice on a problem I m having I ve had a look around the web and I ve found some posts with the same issues however I can t find anything that is specific to the problems I m having For the last few months I ve been experiencing random black screens that last a few seconds before video signal is restored When the monitor Randomly Screen Black Going For Few Seconds A comes back it s as if the signal has completely reconnected rather than just showing a black screen I generally use a dual monitor set-up however it is only the second monitor that loses the connection This monitor is connected through Screen Going Black For A Few Seconds Randomly the DVI port and the monitor that is connected through the HDMI port never blinks which lead me to Screen Going Black For A Few Seconds Randomly believe this was either a monitor issue or a DVI port issue When the HDMI monitor is used as a single monitor rather than dual this does not disconnect However when I hook the PC up to my TV through HDMI and use it as a single monitor this does occur the black screens which happen on my second monitor meaning it s not a monitor issue or a specific port issue This happens both under load and during general use such as browsing the internet or even just idle at the desktop I ve tried various drivers on the Nvidia GTX in question however all giving the same problem I was fairly adamant that this was a GPU issue and as a result sent the unit back while it was under warranty While this card was being repaired I bought a cheap AMD card to get me through however the problem was still occurring even with this new card The next thing I have been thinking is the PSU Corsair GS currently in the system however when monitoring the voltages through the Asus Suite for my motherboard they seem stable I was just wondering if anyone else had any thoughts on this or could offer any advice Thanks TL DR Randomly getting black screens lasting a few seconds at a time Happening on multiple monitors in both dual and single screen set-up Happens on multiple output ports Happens on both GPU s tested from different manufacturers Happens on multiple driver versions Happens on both Windows and Windows Happens both under load and idling nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-going-black-for-a-few-seconds-randomly.1155894/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi

I have strange problem with my laptop running windows 8.1, after logging in i have
black screen with movable cursor (and working CTRL+ALT+DEL, also
taskman is working), desktop is displayed after few seconds (something about 10). As the desktop is displayed (only disadvantage is that I have to wait), I can use my computer. I would like to ask you only whether it can be
symptom of something bad which could later turn in problem. Before this problem I had sometimes similar problem, after logging in desktop was displayed, but when I clicked on icon desktop froze for few seconds, then was refreshed and working normally.

Thank you for your advice!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/27cef98d-3f6f-4cb3-975a-0e98c1a029f1/few-seconds-black-screen-with-cursor-after-logging-in?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 50.31%

I have the Spectre360 convertable and every 10 seconds the screen turns off if i am reading or not activly touching screen, mouse etc...I have set everything in the sleep, hybernate mode set  to "never" yet it still turns off after 10 seconds.  It is very annoying. Please help me. Thank you!!

A:Spectre 360 convertible black screen every 10 seconds.

Hey @Matimizer,  Thank you for joining in on the HP Support Forums and Welcome! This is a great place to ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community! I understand that you are having an issue with the screen going black every 10 seconds or so on your HP Spectre x360 Notebook PC.  Do you receive any errors?Have you tried to see if you get the black screen in Safe Mode?Have you tried to run the power troubleshooter? Have you tried performing a hard reset?Are you using the AC power adapter that came with the computer? Have you tried doing Windows Updates? Have you tried doing updates using the HP Support Assistant? Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system at the time of purchase or that need updating.  I have a couple of documents for you to read over for more troubleshooting steps. Here is one called Managing Power Options (Windows 10). Here is another document for you from Microsoft called Troubleshoot black screen problems.  If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to help! Please make sure to re-post and let me know the detailed results of the troubleshooting steps provided.  If any of this information assists you in a resolution, please share with others by marking the appropriate post as an Accepted Solution. If you would like to show your appreciation for my efforts today, please take a second to click the Thumbs Up button below.  Thank you for joining in. Have a wonderful day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Spectre-360-convertible-black-screen-every-10-seconds/td-p/5692111
Relevancy 50.31%

I come here in need of some help I've been troubleshooting this issue for quite some time and have not a while goes seconds few 290) playing (R9 for black Screen games been able to find the solution on my own The issue Sometimes when I play games my screen will go black at a random time for a a period of time sometimes only lasting - seconds other times lasting up to a minute and then recovers itself and i'm able to continue playing The sound continues playing during the black outs but i have no control of my computer Can't see anything and cannot use commands like ctrl alt del Sometimes when my computer recovers from the black screen i can hear the fans on my GPU boost up to about I have setting in MSI afterburner to increase my fan speeds as the temperature of my card goes up Sometimes when recovering from a black screen my fans will go up from to like Then it stays Screen goes black for a few seconds while playing games (R9 290) at for the remainder of the time until i reset my computer Once my computer is reset my card will run at the again Background and computer information This issue did not start happening until I installed and new graphics card and reinstalled windows The GPU was tested before I reinstalled windows and everything ran perfect Screen goes black for a few seconds while playing games (R9 290) no blackouts I reinstalled windows because I got an SSD here are my specs as of now CPU FX- MOBO Asrock Extreme RAM gb DDR and gb DDR SSD gb w windows installed on it GPU Radeon r upgraded from a radeon which ran perfect PSU w Corsair few last things to add that may be helpful - I have not experienced any black screens when using my computer and not playing games - I typically play low-end games like league of legends which aren't too intensive on the gpu - When i load into the UEFI my RAM displays as all sticks running at MHz Even though of my sticks are - my gpu has never gone over degrees since ive installed it so i dont think its an over-heating issue If you need any other information let me know and ill be happy to provide it Any help will be EXTREMELY appreciated I'm going crazy right now because i can't figure this thing out lol Thanks so much - Nick

A:Screen goes black for a few seconds while playing games (R9 290)

Before I answer your main question...

Quote:
When i load into the UEFI, my RAM displays as all sticks running at 1600 MHz. Even though 2 of my sticks are 1866.

That's normal. Your RAM will always clock at the lowest speed for the sticks in use. In this case 1600, because they are the lower speed of the two sets, so all the RAM clocks at that speed.

On to the video problem...

I have the same issue in Bioshock Infinite, the screen will black out after about 5 minutes of play, but I can hear everything. I discovered that its a problem in Catalyst Control Center. Setting the fan to auto speed will have it run about 20% and that's fine for normal use, but it never increases with the card temperature. It seems to be a bug. What I had to do was to set the fan to manual and run the fan at about 60% (can barely hear it). No more black screens.

I don't have the same card as you, but the problem I was having is the same as yours. I can't say I think much of AMD's temperature sensors on their graphics card either. Mine is always about 20 lower than my fan controller's temp reading says. No wonder my fans won't go faster. Afterburner may be having the same problem and not increasing your fan speed enough. If it's reading the wrong temperature...

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/356750-screen-goes-black-few-seconds-while-playing-games-r9-290-a.html
Relevancy 50.31%

To give a bit of a background - I had to change the mothboard of my system comes Screen couple of back black goes for a and seconds up last month because of an incident of burnt PSU Coming to Screen goes black for a couple of seconds and comes back up the current situation - since the last few weeks I have noticed that when I am viewing a video on fullscreen mode I would often hear a system alert sound like the one you get when you plug and unplug in a pendrive It doesn't occur always though I immediately check Screen goes black for a couple of seconds and comes back up the events viewer to see if it has logged anything but no errors warning show up there that could describe what happened at that time Moreover the screen often turns black for a couple of seconds and comes back to normal Sometimes before it comes back to normal I could see my screen changing to a much lower resolution and then back to the original one Again nothing related to graphics or monitor in the event viewer My system specs - AMD FX - CPU Asus M A L-M-USB AMD Radeon HD GPU Corsair Vengance - GB x CM B PSU Corsair MX- - GB SSD Seagate - RPM - GB Seagate - RPM - GB This didn't start happening following a clean install btw I have searched for updates to my graphic drivers but found no new updates The monitor is quite old though - - yrs I guess What could be happening here Many thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/400013-screen-goes-black-couple-seconds-comes-back-up.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I come here in need of some help I ve been troubleshooting this issue for quite some time and have not been able games goes while few a for seconds playing Screen black to find the solution on my own The issue Sometimes when I play games my screen Screen goes black for a few seconds while playing games will go black at a random time for a a period of time sometimes only lasting - seconds other times lasting up to a minute and then recovers itself and I m able to continue playing The sound continues playing during the black outs but I have no control of my computer Can t see anything and cannot use commands like ctrl alt del Sometimes when my computer recovers from the black screen I can hear the fans on my GPU boost up to about I have setting in MSI afterburner to Screen goes black for a few seconds while playing games increase my fan speeds as the temperature of my card goes up Sometimes when recovering from a black screen my fans will go up from to like Then it stays at for the remainder of the time until I reset my computer Once my computer is reset my card will run at the again Background and computer information This issue did not start happening until I installed and new graphics card and reinstalled windows The GPU was tested before I reinstalled windows and everything ran perfect no blackouts I reinstalled windows because I got an SSD here are my specs as of now CPU FX- MOBO Asrock Extreme RAM gb DDR and gb DDR SSD gb w windows installed on it GPU Radeon r upgraded from a radeon which ran perfect PSU w Corsair few last things to add that may be helpful - I have not experienced any black screens when using my computer and not playing games - I typically play low-end games like league of legends which aren t too intensive on the gpu - When I load into the UEFI my RAM displays as all sticks running at MHz Even though of my sticks are - my gpu has never gone over degrees since ive installed it so I dont think its an over-heating issue If you need any other information let me know and ill be happy to provide it Any help will be EXTREMELY appreciated I m going crazy right now because I can t figure this thing out lol Thanks so much - Nick nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-goes-black-for-a-few-seconds-while-playing-games.207781/
Relevancy 50.31%

Morning / afternoon all.

Having a issue where my screen will go black for a few seconds it could be in-game watching movie, music anything and then it will come back to my life, the monitor is 3 weeks old.

Im using HDMI cable and have tried three different cables as well.

I will post specs below:

System Model
Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601)
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z97X-Gaming 5
8006 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

Slot 'ChannelA-DIMM0' is Empty
Slot 'ChannelA-DIMM1' is Empty
Slot 'ChannelB-DIMM0' has 4096 MB
Slot 'ChannelB-DIMM1' has 4096 MB
NVIDIA GeForce GT 630 [Display adapter]
Standard VGA Graphics Adapter [Display adapter]
BenQ GL2450H [Monitor] (24.0"vis, s/n L9E03537019, September 2014)

Anyone help be appreciated.

The monitor has no forced refresh rates or anything.

Thank you my humble friends

A:BENQ GL2450 Goes Black few seconds then comes back.

Just to rule out your video card having issues, I would try to see if I could borrow a monitor to use for a day and see if the problem persists with that monitor. Likewise, I would see about trying the monitor on a friend's computer and see how that works out.

Post back and let us know what happens.

EDIT:

Can you also take a screenshot of Device Manager with the "Display Adapters" tab expanded, and post it, please?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/360702-benq-gl2450-goes-black-few-seconds-then-comes-back.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi

I have a problem with my G50.
On starup the display only works for 2 or 3 seconds after this is black, I connect to a external display and using de FN+F5 i can see everything on the second display, if I turn to the internal display using FN+F5 it works only the same 2 or 3 seconds.

thanks

A:Display only works for 2 or 3 seconds after this is black on Qosmio G50

Hi

Looks like a internal display hardware issue of FL inverter issue but I think it?s display.
It?s definitely not graphic card problem because the external monitor works properly? so I think it?s not GPU but display of FL inverter.

I recommend asking an Toshiba notebook technician for a detailed hardware part check?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?62153-Display-only-works-for-2-or-3-seconds-after-this-is-black-on-Qosmio-G50
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello. I have a nice Dell Plasma 19' Monitor and it turns off after about 10 seconds of use. I can't figure out what the issue is. It's def. not a software issue, it's a hardware one.

Your help is greatly appreciated

Relevancy 49.88%

Has anybody seen this??

Customer brought in computer (Lenovo with Win7) and I was told there was a video issue, that the monitor was showing a "no signal" all the time. Booted and it ran fine, then while running updates I noticed that the monitor would power off fairly quickly.

I looked at the power settings, it was set to Performance. I clicked on plan settings and under Monitor goes to sleep option the selection was set to ">1 (Under 1 minute)" !!! I changed it to a more reasonable 30 minutes, and the "Under 1 minute" option disappeared!

Can anyone shed light on this? Where did this setting come from??

Thanks!

A:Monitor goes to sleep every 15 seconds!

Lenovo has it's own Power Manager utility, it may have been set through that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-goes-to-sleep-every-15-seconds.1105072/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi Everyone

I have a 17" LCD monitor that the I turn it on it only stays on for a few seconds and then goes black, it is still getting a signal from the desktop computer because the green light is on and sound is coming from the internal speakers. If I press the power button on and off again it comes on again but only for a few seconds again. Is the monitor dead or can this be fixed?

Thanks
Jim

A:LCD Monitor goes blank after a few seconds

I would say that more than likely the monitor has had it.I dont think monitors themselves can be fixed unless it would be a bad driver such as the graphics, video, or chipset one getting corrupted somehow.If you have or can borrow another monitor and that one works then it points to the monitor going bad.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lcd-monitor-goes-blank-after-a-few-seconds.1025825/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I have a Dell™ OptiPlex™ 745 with a Galaxy Nvidia Gforce GT240 pci express video card and a sceptre x20 flat screen monitor all the sudden after working on computer for a couple hours monitor went blank so i tried turning it off and on again and it stayed on for a few seconds and went blank again now thats all it does I tried monitor on different computer and it seemed to work fine so I'm guessing my video card went south on me ? any ideas ?

Thanks jbj1162

A:monitor goes blank after a few seconds

My first thought would be a failing pw supply. You would need to swap parts with known good units to test. This system has onboard video. Have you tried using the onboard video to troubleshoot?

Next if you installed that video card and used the same pw supply that came with the system, you are asking for problems. The oem dell pw supply that comes with a system like yours, just cannot reliably pw a real video card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-goes-blank-after-a-few-seconds.970157/
Relevancy 49.88%

My friends got this LCD monitor and when he turns it on it seems like everything is fine... The picture looks perfect, power lights on, menu pops up....

But after like 3 or so seconds, it turns off... If you look at it from the right angle you can still see what was on it...

I could be wrong, but I always thought that even without signal, a monitor could display the menu - but not this one..

What could be wrong with it? I've messed with the cord so i dont think its that...

Relevancy 49.88%

Here's what's going on let me know if you need more information from me Games screen seconds minutes. - 10 between to 30 crash black I'm running Bootcamp on a mid- quot macbook pro MacBookPro - the one with the i cpu It has a Geforce m GPU I've been playing fairly graphic intensive games on it since I first bought it bioshock games fallout gta etc Recently I'd been playing Fallout New Vegas I got through about hours of New Vegas fine then it started to occasionally crash to a black screen the audio would loop and I would have to manually reboot Usually this would happen within seconds of loading up a save It happened rarely enough though that Games crash to black screen between 30 seconds - 10 minutes. I was able to play another hours without too much frustration occasionally have to deal with the crash This usually seemed to happen after waking the computer up from sleeping and would be fixed with one reboot Then I got Mass effect and started seeing this same crash black screen looped audio manual reboot required So i fired up New Vegas to compare the crashes and see what was going on and I found that New Vegas now consistently crashes in under minutes usually in under Every once in a while windows will recover the game itself would crash but I wouldn't need to reboot and I'd get a message about a display driver not responding and then being repaired or something of that nature It would show up and disappear so I don't have the exact message My reliability monitor gave me this Source Windows Summary Video hardware error Date PM Status Report sent Description A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly Problem signature Problem Event Name LiveKernelEvent OS Version Locale ID Extra information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA B BCP FFFFF F C D BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Bucket ID X x Tdr IMAGE nvlddmkm sys Server information b - - db-bc -a aec d d So I've tried a bunch of things - I manually set my fans to the full rpms and monitored my gpu temp and many times that it crashed it was lt C - I ran the game in Windowed Mode watched it get the gpu up to about C level out and play on fine for about half an hour - I booted into OSX and played Amnesia on high settings for an hour no problems - I stress tested with FurMark windowed AND fullscreen and got the GPU up to C but only for about seconds until it dropped down to C and leveled out again No crashes for minutes - Updated the drivers to the newest ones and also ran Driver Fusion to remove remnants of old drivers Windows would automatically put some other nvidia drivers on whenever I rebooted however so I'm not sure if I was ever able to FULLY remove ALL the NVIDIA drivers - Tried the games with the automatic drivers as well as the newest drivers both still crashed - Uninstalled and reinstalled the game Still crashing - Uninstalled Mass effect completely since this was when the problems seemed to get worse Couple things that seem important to me to note Windowed Mode seems to work fine Pretty peculiar because its running the same resolution x and shouldn't be easier on the GPU correct OSX side has no problems Doesn't seem hardware related DXDiag says my directx version is but my GPU can only handle Maybe this is significant Apple won't help me because I can't show a problem in OSX I'm pretty on my own for any bootcamp issues Anything else you need to know just let me know I'm willing to try just about anything Thanks so much if you've made it this far

A:Games crash to black screen between 30 seconds - 10 minutes.

I also just tried benchmarking with 3dmark vantage since FurMark is only OpenGL and I wanted to see if it was a DirectX issue. Got through the benchmarks fine.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/games-crash-to-black-screen-between-30-seconds-10-minutes-655816.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi when i start my PC i see the circle dot loading That goes fast to the next step and then my screen goes black for seconds My keyboard and mouse are off then Sometimes is can happen that the keyboard goes on still the black screen stays The black screen is not as back as when the screen is off You see light trough it I'm using Windows and tried - Checked error log in event gt could not find anything - Remove AMD drivers gt Black after loading for 20 screen picure seconds Windows same issue - Unticked all non-windows services - Unplugged mouse and Black screen for 20 seconds after Windows loading picure keyboard gt same issue Where can i see what is making i load so slow I worked Black screen for 20 seconds after Windows loading picure fine yesterday only this morning the problem started Specs i K GB RAM AMD SSD from crucial installed Thanks for the help Joao EDIT So this is quite embarrassing I found out that Bitdefender could not be removed from non-Windows services so i completely removed Bitdefender and the issue is resolved

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55009-black-screen-20-seconds-after-windows-loading-picure.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Blank black screen that doesn't run after turning it on. Have done bios reset twice and worked for a few days at a time and went blank again. Have also done the battery rest and again worked for a couple of days now won't do either reset. And goes silent after 1 or 2 seconds from turning it on. With a blinking caps button I a weird pattern and red f12 light on

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Black-screen-and-sounds-stop-after-2-seconds-with-blinking/td-p/5752834
Relevancy 49.88%

I have my OS installed on my SSD. Sometimes when i power on my computer, after it shows the windows logo screen there will be a black screen with cursor for like 15-20 seconds before logon screen comes on. This doesnt always happen, i find it doing this most of the time if i had the pc off over night and power it on in the morning.

A:few seconds black screen with cursor after windows logo

It's not abnormal to have a black screen before the login screen. 15 to 20 seconds is a little long if you're using an SSD, but during that time Windows is loading drivers and all of the stuff in your system tray.

Have you got a lot of programs in your system tray? Or set to load at bootup? Try using msconfig and setting all of the startup programs to off, except your anti-virus and see if that speeds things up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/368233-few-seconds-black-screen-cursor-after-windows-logo.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Prepare yourselves for a long tl dr sorry Ok this has happened randomly within the past week I have not installed anything for a little while so I doubt it is that The first time it happened was when I was playing Anno upto date patches this was after many hours of play yet the day before I played hours non stop with no problems Bluescreen for seconds disappeared too quick for me to read then my screen went black and then after about a minute it rebooted with an error code BCC The second time it happened was once again with this Anno game but it happened again much quicker for Blue Black then seconds Random 2 reboots!?! then screen this Random Blue screen for 2 seconds then Black then reboots!?! time within an hour or two excactly the same as what the last one did BCC for a second time I then gave up playing with Anno I assumed maybe the Anno patches were interfering with graphics or something or maybe not enough RAM or something The third time it happend was when I was playing Runescape and playing some heavy metal ROCK ON It was exactly the same as the first two quick BSOD few mins of black screen and rebooting Once again the now notorious BCC appears for third time I decided enough is enough I am going to ask the community someone is sure to know how to decipher my dump files HERE IS THE OVERVIEW OF THE THIRD DUMP Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP BCP C BCP B E BCP A OS Version Service Pack Product ATTATCHED DUMPS TO POST - - ---- FIRST DUMP ---- DMY GMT - - ---- SECOND DUMP ---- DMY GMT - - ---- THIRD DUMP ---- DMY GMT For those who are worried I have scanned with AVG and all is clean

A:Random Blue screen for 2 seconds then Black then reboots!?!

You are showing code 124:

Follow these instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-lockup-debug-how/35349-2-int-stop-0x124-what-means-what-try.html

Its a vague code with many possiblities

Code:
icrosoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\richc46\AppData\Local\Temp\Low\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\N5BQNVW9\DMP's[1]\070810-32619-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available
Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16385.x86fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0x82c3f000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x82d87810
Debug session time: Thu Jul 8 17:53:18.591 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 2 days 7:52:04.326
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *
WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: 85e5901c, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: b6200087, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0002010a, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Debugging Details:
------------------

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: System
CURRENT_IRQL: 1f
STACK_TEXT:
807d48ac 82c16f3f 00000124 00000000 85e5901c nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x1e
807d48e8 82d0df04 86818c31 85e5901c 82ca74f0 hal!HalBugCheckSystem+0xab
807d4918 82c171f1 8687f4c8 82c24e40 00000000 nt!WheaReportHwError+0x230
807d4a2c 82c172e3 8687f4c8 8687f518 00000004 hal!HalpMcaReportError+0x3b
807d4a50 82c173ff 00000000 8687f518 00000000 hal!HalpMceHandler+0x8b
807d4a70 82c17548 00000000 8687f4c8 807d4b90 hal!HalpMceHandlerWithRendezvous+0x4b
807d4a80 82c0d5f5 00000000 00000000 00000000 hal!HalpHandleMachineCheck+0x34
807d4b90 82c0a261 0000001c 807cf750 00000000 hal!HalpMcaExceptionHandler+0x87
807d4b90 00000000 0000001c 807cf750 00000000 hal!HalpMcaExceptionHandlerWrapper+0x89

STACK_COMMAND: kb
FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner
MODULE_NAME: hardware
IMAGE_NAME: hardware
DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_CACHE
BUCKET_ID: 0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_CACHE
Followup: MachineOwner
---------
1: kd> lmtsmn
start end module name
8fa60000 8fa8c000 1394ohci 1394ohci.sys Mon Jul 13 19:51:59 2009 (4A5BC89F)
88f33000 88f7b000 ACPI ACPI.sys Mon Jul 13 19:11:11 2009 (4A5BBF0F)
8e000000 8e05a000 afd afd.sys Mon Jul 13 19:12:34 2009 (4A5BBF62)
8faed000 8faff000 AgileVpn AgileVpn.sys Mon Jul 13 19:55:00 2009 (4A5BC954)
890c3000 890cc000 amdxata amdxata.sys Tue May 19 13:57:35 2009 (4A12F30F)
89097000 890a0000 atapi atapi.sys Mon Jul 13 19:11:15 2009 (4A5BBF13)
890a0000 890c3000 ataport ataport.SYS Mon Jul 13 19:11:18 2009 (4A5BBF16)
92a89000 92aa7000 AtiHdmi AtiHdmi.sys Tue Mar 09 05:08:04 2010 (4B961E04)
8ea19000 8ef95000 atikmdag atikmdag.sys Tue Apr 06 21:37:59 2010 (4BBBE1F7)
8e2a0000 8e2c... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/97091-random-blue-screen-2-seconds-then-black-then-reboots.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I am having serious issue with another laptop (used for church work). I turned the ACER on,
had a noise, screen remained black, and power went off. I removed the battery, waited, turned it
back on-same result. This laptop is not under warranty. and is only used with a church application
software. The laptop is always plugged in, but with power off. Only used once a week for an hour. TIA.

A:lose power on laptop within 5 seconds-black screen

1. What kind of noise? A beep, hiss, grinding...

2. So you never see a thing on the screen? If this is true, the video chip might be gone.

3. If a computer shuts down, 90% of the time it is due to a heat issue. How old is the laptop? Has it ever been cleaned of accumulated dust?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lose-power-on-laptop-within-5-seconds-black-screen.1171205/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey Guys im only new hear so im not sure if this question has been asked before or even if its in the right forum but i recently Screen scre Black seconds before login 5-10 for windows just installed a clean install of windows instead of a upgrade from my vista i got the free upgrade now everything works fine expect when after the windows splash occurs there is about a second delay were the screen is just black with a cursor Could any of you guys be able to help me Hear are my Pc Specifactions copied from system information ive left my details out of my pc name just incase OS Name Microsoft Windows Home Premium Version Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model HP Pavilion dv Notebook PC System Type X -based PC Processor Intel R Black Screen for 5-10 seconds before windows login scre Core TM Duo CPU P GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Hewlett-Packard F SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale Australia Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name Time Zone AUS Eastern Daylight Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys i really hope you guys can help me it doesn't do this on my parents pc which also has windows only difference is his is bit were mine is Cheers Guys

A:Black Screen for 5-10 seconds before windows login scre

I really don't know what the problem is, but I would tend to suspect the video driver. I don't know anything about notebook either, but I imagine that you have onboard video. Check in the Device Manage to see what it shows for the driver for the Display Adapter, then check with HP to see what they recommend.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/39454-black-screen-5-10-seconds-before-windows-login-scre.html
Relevancy 49.88%

It JUST recently started doing this.. I've ran virus/malware scans using Avira/MalwareBytes. I've cleaned out all the dust from the inside of my tower, my temps are excellent all-around.

It's really strange, almost makes it seem as if the computer is not going to boot up... Right after the windows loading bar, it will switch to a black screen JUST before the windows logon/password page, and it will just hang for about 20-30 seconds before switching over the the login screen.

Any idea what could be causing this?
---
[email protected] | MSI Twin Frozr II GTX [email protected]/1800 | 4GB DDR3-1333MHz | nForce 790i Ultra Sli | Windows 7 Ultimate x64

A:PC freezes for 20 seconds on a black screen after loading bar during boot up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-freezes-for-20-seconds-on-a-black-screen-after-loading-bar-during-boot-up.969441/
Relevancy 49.88%

My computer freezes for 3-6 seconds then goes black, after about a second it goes back to normal. This happens ALL the time its very frustrating..about 30seconds to 2min between freezes
Anyone ever experiance this or no why its doing this???

A:Comp Freezes for couple seconds then goes black..then goes normal

guess not :\

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/comp-freezes-for-couple-seconds-then-goes-black-then-goes-normal.213869/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey all this is the basics of my rig:

Asus N80v
Nvidia 9650M Card
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo P8600
4GB DDR2 RAM
64 bit - Windows 7 Home Premium

I updated my graphics driver from Nvidia's page just recently so I could enable aero, however since then once I use an aero enabled setting, the screen will pereodically freeze up and then flash black for maybe 2 seconds, and then return to normal.

Also, when I run it in a basic setting, there's odd lines of pixels just flashing red whenever certain images are on the screen.

Note I ran a clean install from vista 32 bit, however I know my computer is capable of vista 64 bit if that matters.

Thank you,
Michael

Edit: Since posting this, the flashing has occurred at lesser intervals in regular basic theme

A:Black Screen Flashes for 2 Seconds when Aero is Enabled

It looks like the 9650M is an overclocked 9600M which is always bad. I overclocked my 8600M GT once (for fun) and ended up with your situation. Lets give Nvidia the benefit of the doubt and try some other troubleshooting steps

1) Install an older driver for your card from Nvidia

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/32134-black-screen-flashes-2-seconds-when-aero-enabled.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello My computer slow, browser seconds goes for VERY pages black few redirecting, a is VERY slow the browser AND switching between commands when not online not using the browser just using the computer The browser pages keep redirecting and the screen goes black for about seconds at a time when switching between commands when online and off I went through the Preparation Guide yet was not able to finish the GMER scan for the rootkits so I VERY slow, browser pages redirecting, goes black for a few seconds could not attach it to this topic I unchecked everything the guide told me to uncheck clicked scan and after a few seconds it would VERY slow, browser pages redirecting, goes black for a few seconds go to a blue screen and tell me that the computer had to shut down to prevent damage to the computer The last step of the guide said to post my description of the problem and the DDS log so it is VERY slow, browser pages redirecting, goes black for a few seconds pasted below Thank you in advance for any VERY APPRECIATED help DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by Admin at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated - - EA -ABB - B EB SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated D B - E- - - C A FW McAfee Firewall Enabled BE ED - A B- FFF- EC-B C Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k rpcssC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroupC Windows system SLsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows RtHDVCpl exeC Windows System rundll exeC Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exeC Program Files Portrait Displays HP My Display dthtml exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Users Guest AppData Local sswat hwrc win live mattelhwrc launcher exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Windows System rundll exeC Program Files Common Files Portrait Displays Shared HookManager exeC Program Files Common Files Portrait Displays Shared DTSRVC exeC Windows system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmtc Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exeC Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exeC Windows system mfevtps exeC Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows system rundll exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroupC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mcshield exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exeC Program Files Common Files Mcafee McSvcHost McSvHost exeC Windows system svchost exe -k WindowsMobileC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp clipbook exec Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check hphc service exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWUCli exeC Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil t ActiveX exeC Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC PROGRA MICROS WkDSto... Read more

A:VERY slow, browser pages redirecting, goes black for a few seconds

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:***************************************************First, I need to know if you still need help! To tell me this, please click on http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/409045 and follow the instructions there. If you do not still need help, this is all you need to do. If you do need help please continue below.***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GMER logAs I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/409045/very-slow-browser-pages-redirecting-goes-black-for-a-few-seconds/
Relevancy 49.88%

Ok can anybody please help me to figure out how to get my monitor to stop blinking off after 2 seconds. Wht i mean is just 2weeks ago if i turn on my computer it will load but at start up the screen will turn black after to seconds. Meaning i can hear everything in the background i just cant see anything b/c the monitor blinks out and the only way to see the display i would have to hit the power swicth on the monitor on and off every 2 seconds b/c thats how long the display lasts....someone please help b/c i just recently bought this monitor in 2009 b/c the original monitor that came with my 2006 computer went out.

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi Guys,

Im having some problem with my Packard Bell EasyNote TJ61 - I powered it on and the fans whirred like normal and the lights on the keyboard came on like normal - the power button lit up. But the screen stayed black. Then the fans went silent after 5 seconds and it sounded like it was switched off but all the lights were still on - the power, hard drive and keyboard ones. I noticed if I run my finger over the touch pad buttons for volume etc they light up so im not sure whats wrong.

I replaced the screen on the laptop the other day and it was working fine until last night and this has happened. Any suggestions?

I've tried replacing ram / replacing hard drive / pulling the cmos battery for 30mins / unplugging and trying the 30 seconds power button trick but nothing.

Any suggestions?

A:Laptop Power On - Screen Stays Black - Fan Goes Off 5 Seconds

If you have a PC monitor connect it to the laptop and see if you get a display on it.

Also check the laptop screen for a dim image, shining a light onto it may make it more visible.

What was wrong that made you replace the screen ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-power-on-screen-stays-black-fan-goes-off-5-seconds.1087078/
Relevancy 49.88%

The phone has just been set up today and was fine. Now every five seconds it flashes black for a micro second. Is this a well known problem? Can it be fixed easily? Or does it have to go back to Amazon?

A:Why does my new Microsoft (Nokia) 650 flash black every 5 seconds Please? Any ideas?

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question The phone has just been set up today and was fine. Now every five seconds it flashes black for a micro second. Is this a well known problem? Can it be fixed easily? Or does it have to go back to Amazon? check for phoneupdates under settings and app updates under store.Download and install all pending updatesa dn reboot your phpone.
Post your results here, for that join our forums :)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/433911-why-does-my-new-microsoft-nokia-650-flash-black-every-5-seconds-please-any-ideas.html
Relevancy 49.88%

My screen will sometimes go black for a few seconds and the sound stops but when the picture come back the sound doesn't This only happens if I'm using my monitor connected by as my default sound device but when I use my headset that is no there when a picture sound goes few back Screen the black seconds, come for connected by optical wire there is still sound when switched back to my monitor there is still no sound The problem also makes it so that I can't make my hidden taskbar Screen goes black for a few seconds, when the picture come back there no sound rise when I mouse over it when I'm on the Chrome Screen goes black for a few seconds, when the picture come back there no sound window although I can still get to the taskbar by pressing the Windows button on my keyboard Restarting is a temporary fix although whenever it turns off it gives me a notification about Waiting for explorer exe to close picture of message then I have to click a button to force close that program My computer closes it automatically when my headset is set as my default sound device This problem has only ever occurred when I play League of Legends but for the most part I'm playing League when on my computer System specs OS-Windows Home Premium bit GPU-Nvdia GTX CPU-Intel i k Motherboard-Gigabyte Gaming Power Supply- W Bronze RAM- GB Monitor-BenQ GL

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/570048/screen-goes-black-for-a-few-seconds-when-the-picture-come-back-there-no-sound/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello out there I recently bought a brand new computer as well as a new Monitor Asus VN H Yesterday while playing CS GO my screen suddenly turned gray for seconds then blue for about seconds then it turned black looked like the screen was turned off for about seconds as well After the seconds the screen worked again and I could continue playing This happened two times to me last night Today when I turned on my computer it did not boot the screen turned blue like yesterday but this time it was only blue not gray or black and it was stuck with the blue screen No cursor nothing but the blue I could not do anything so I turned off my computer by holding blue for black seconds) turns (malfunctions 10-30 Screen and down the power button After seconds i turned on my computer This time it turned on almost properly this time it went Screen turns blue and black (malfunctions for 10-30 seconds) black with blue figures for like seconds but afterwards it booted as it should This time i opened World Of Warcraft After minutes of gaming the screen suddenly turned blue again for seconds then black for - seconds and after that it worked again although Screen turns blue and black (malfunctions for 10-30 seconds) some of my quot spells quot were missing Similar to what happened while I played CS GO yesterday This problem is really annoying especially since my computer is brand new The specs is Processor Intel Core i - k CPU GHz Installed memory RAM GB DDR MHZ HYPER-X KINGSTON System type -bit Operating system GPU GB GTX MSI TWINFROZR OVERCLOCKED DUALFAN Harddisk GB HARDDISK RPM SATA G I have tried to search the web for this problem but I was not able to find anyone who had a similar problem therefore I'm asking you guys for help since this is really annoying Thanks in advance Nylokke

A:Screen turns blue and black (malfunctions for 10-30 seconds)

Have a read of this
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions
even though it may not be a true BSOD the files the tool collects may give us some indication of goings on

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/305937-screen-turns-blue-black-malfunctions-10-30-seconds.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I was wondering if I could get some help with this I just built a new computer and it's been running decently up until I tried playing some video games on it When running games e g World of Warcraft my screen freezes up for one second followed by a black screen for screens, 3-5 Periodic a black time persists for at seconds a few more seconds After that the gameplay resumes but I'm sitting there wondering what just happened The sound is still intact the entire time Sometimes it Periodic black screens, persists for 3-5 seconds at a time occurs frequently and sometimes I can play for an hour or more at a time without Periodic black screens, persists for 3-5 seconds at a time any black screens I've been trying to Periodic black screens, persists for 3-5 seconds at a time figure out what has been triggering it i e exploring new territory in-game etc but haven't found anything conclusive I have a feeling it has to do with my video card NVIDIA GeForce GTX v but I'm not sure I checked for overheating problems with CoreTemp but found that the temperature was stable during gameplay Specifically right after the crashes I would check the temperature and see that it was average and unwavering Hope to hear from you soon thanks

A:Periodic black screens, persists for 3-5 seconds at a time

The first thing I would do is update the video card drivers. I suggest that you get them from World Leader in Visual Computing Technologies | NVIDIA. Hope it fixes your problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/278719-periodic-black-screens-persists-3-5-seconds-time.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Make/ Model: HP w22
Regulatory Model: HSTND-2241-T
Product Number: RG556AA
SN: CNT704Z17Q
Date of Manufacture: January 2007
Assembly Number: 434000-001
Rev: CTM003

Problem: when I turn the monitor on I can see a display for about 2 seconds. The display disappears. If I turn the monitor off, then on, I can see the display for about two seconds, then it disappears again. The cycle continues. The symptom is the same with no signal input, and with input selected for VGA or for DVI.
If I shine a flashlight into the screen I can see a very faint display. I believe this indicates a backlight issue. I could be wrong.

Can anyone help me find a service/repair manual for this monitor?
Can anyone tell me what parts to look at for the backlight power?
Can anyone tell me what the voltage that drives the backlight might be?

Thank you all in advance, for your assistance.

Bill

A:HP w22 Monitor display disappears after about 2 seconds

Hi Bill,
this could be an issue with the inverter and not the backlight. LCD monitors are built just like laptop display panels, only bigger. Inverters are not that expensive. The backlights are very delicate, and they either light or they don't. The inverter takes 12 volts DC and turns it into hi-voltage (I don't know the exact rating) It may be AC... Also this could be a primary power supply issue too. I had to learn to repair without schematics. With experience, it becomes easy

I like this source:
LCD Parts & Info

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-w22-monitor-display-disappears-after-about-2-seconds.136852/
Relevancy 49.45%

Processor AMD A - K APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics AMD Family Model My seconds after Solved: down shuts 5 Monitor Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD D Mb Hard Drives C Total Solved: My Monitor shuts down after 5 seconds - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MSI AE There are the physical specs on my computer It had windows bit on it originally I upgraded to from the windows store Tried to do a refresh and it failed and went to the blue screen RECOVERY Your PC need to be repaired A required device is not connected or can t be accessed Error Code xc f Used a Hirens boot disc on a USB drive to get into it and ditched Win and installed Ubuntu That worked fine for a few hours I downloaded WinXP SP intending to install it as dual boot Then I downloaded Commodo Firewall for Linux I didn t install either of these only downloaded and saved them Right after that the screen went black Now I cant boot any OS and every time I try to boot the screen goes black If you power cycle the monitor you can see the screen for seconds and then it goes black again It an old HP vs flat screen monitor Tried a different monitor same results I am convinced that something on the motherboard is shutting the monitor down because I have tried booting with each device that plugs into the board disconnected one at a time It could be a BIOS error but with the monitor only working in snatches it s impossible to change BIOS settings I have tried but the computer keeps reloading the defaults The defaults shouldn t shut the monitor down as far as I know Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this If not I ve got a box of wires and circuits that I can only use for a paperweight nbsp

A:Solved: My Monitor shuts down after 5 seconds

I would try and first eliminate the video card as the problem. Does the motherboard have on board graphics that you can switch to? If not, do you have a spare video card that you could swap in? If not, do you have another PC or a buddy that you could borrow a card from to swap in?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-my-monitor-shuts-down-after-5-seconds.1124582/
Relevancy 49.45%

The monitor (Samsung 2693HM) is on, everything looks great. Never goes off, never blinks, no problems. The blue power LED is on, but blinks off, then back on, every 5 secs. I hit the power button on the monitor and nothing happens. None of the buttons work on the monitor. I just bought this about a week ago...whats going on?

A:Power LED on monitor on, but blinks off/on every 5 seconds

Usually when a situation like this occurs, the monitor is not receiving a signal from the PC.
Double check your connections, since it's only been a week, maybe take it back to the store and have them check it unless you can check it on a different system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-led-on-monitor-on-but-blinks-off-on-every-5-seconds.134110/
Relevancy 49.45%

after start up my monitor only last a few seconds then goes to no input.can this be fixed or is toast? xp ive tried other monitors with same results.

A:no input on monitor screen after a few seconds

IF you can boot to Safe Mode, try this; http://support.microsoft.com/kb/292460

edit: have you tried another vid cable?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-input-on-monitor-screen-after-a-few-seconds-528311.html
Relevancy 49.45%

This is one I can't figure out in spite of searching Google for answers to others with a similar problem I have a few for Monitor seconds dark goes periodically a ASRock Extreme Gen with an i - k CPU and running Windows of course Monitor goes dark periodically for a few seconds Can't see why I'd want to upgrade to Windows and cause incompatibilities with all my software which runs wonderfully for the most part I'm using a dual monitor Dell quot U and quot widescreen P as a secondary and get occasional blackouts on the primary monitory ONLY - not the secondary We aren't talking every few minutes probably once every few hours sometimes more frequent other times it doesn't appear at all Certainly usable but can be Monitor goes dark periodically for a few seconds very annoying The primary is connected to the Display Adapter with the secondary to the HDMI I have tried to update the motherboard and the display drivers but this behavior continues to persist Wondering if there is something I've missed - I think I have the latest drivers for this mobo which now is almost years old but one of the most rock solid I have ever owned

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/395012-monitor-goes-dark-periodically-few-seconds.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Good evening all My Computer Specs Windows Ultimate ATI Radeon HD Corsair W Power Supply gigs of Ram GHz CPU I ve been working on my computer for about a week trying to figure out this problem but have not been able to produce results The problem began when I was playing World of Warcraft Randomly the graphics froze on both my monitors and the same second of sound Monitor(s) Lose 10-15 Signal Seconds After was looping I turned off the computer and waited about a minute until I booted it back up The fan on my card was revving for a few seconds then decreased speed and it kept doing that with nothing coming up on either screen I let it sit overnight and started it up again and the bios loaded up but by the time I got to the Starting Windows screen both monitors lost signal I had a partition of Ubuntu so I loaded that up and the monitors did not lose signal and I could only presume the graphics card was working but I had no way of testing that I decided to format and reinstall Windows but Monitor(s) Lose Signal After 10-15 Seconds still the same thing happened I reflashed the BIOs and that didn t work When I use my onboard video card everything works fine I tried going into BIOs and changing the Video settings to both Auto detection and Onboard detection but neither fix the problem of the monitors losing signal If i only have one monitor plugged in it still loses signal no matter the slot it is plugged in to I also completely uninstalled and reinstalled the ATI Monitor(s) Lose Signal After 10-15 Seconds drivers multiple times I brought my card over to my friends and plugged it into his system which has a W power supply and everything worked just fine Since I had a W power supply for the ATI Radeon HD graphics card I have and figured I was undersupply it for about a year and maybe that was the problem so I invested in a Corsair W supply I just installed that and installed everything properly but still the monitor s lose signal I m out of things to try and I have looked all over the internet and have found nothing that helps me in this particular situation If anyone has any advice it would be beyond appreciated Also if any additional information is needed from me do not hesitate to ask Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-s-lose-signal-after-10-15-seconds.973894/
Relevancy 49.45%

If this is off topic please move it to the right board So I had an off brand LCD monitor whose manufacturing date is unknown to me lets say its years old It would turn on for several seconds and then shut off I read up a little and found two monitor for - Fixing on LCD an seconds stays a trick to Fixing an LCD monitor - stays on for two seconds reduce the brightness Working with a menu for two seconds at a time is tricky but I eventually notched the brightness down to zero and guess what - it Fixing an LCD monitor - stays on for two seconds stayed on It was just really dim What I read may be a cause of the is a bad dying capacitor So I popped it open and scrutinized every capacitor to look for bulges brown areas and or leaking electrolyte and nothing My question is are there any other replaceable components that may cause the issue I described Is there another way to find a defective capacitor without unsoldering and dsicharging testing every one on the board Signs are Fixing an LCD monitor - stays on for two seconds pointing to me throwing it in a dumpster

A:Fixing an LCD monitor - stays on for two seconds

that is more likely an inverter or backlight than a cap? so you don't have a model at all for it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/311718-fixing-lcd-monitor-stays-two-seconds.html
Relevancy 49.45%

My Sylvania monitor all of a sudden won't come on. If I turn it on it is very dim and stays of for 2 seconds. I can turn it off and then turn it on, same thing happens.
Is what happens when monitor goes bad?

A:monitor stays on for 2 seconds and goes blank

Welcome!

There are a thousand or so components in the average monitor, so there is no defined list of "what happens when a monitor goes bad".

Depending on exactly what fails, the outcome will entirely depend on the nature of the failure.

So the answer can only be "it could be".

But knowing it is a "Sylvania monitor" does not convey anything about the type or age of monitor. We do not know if it is a CRT or an LCD monitor as an example, the possibilities therefore differ again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-stays-on-for-2-seconds-and-goes-blank.608852/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello,

Everytime I turn on my computer , monitor turns off and stays off with light orange. I tested the monitor alone and plugged it directly and it's working. But when I connect it to my CPU it turns off!
What could be the problem? Please help! Thanks.

Relevancy 49.45%

When I turn on my HP 2509m monitor, it lasts for 1 second, then turns off. The little blue light still stays on though. I don't want to buy a new monitor, because I just got it from my grandmother. It is about 2-3 years old. I wanted to do a 2 monitor setup. Thanks for any support.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-2509-monitor-shuts-off-after-2-seconds/td-p/5684406
Relevancy 49.45%

I am using an external monitor LG Flatron W2246S. It has been working fine up until today.

When I set it up, the screen shows for about 3 seconds then goes black. The monitor is still switched on. I've run trouble shooting and found nothing. I've disconnected and reconnected and the problem persists.

Please help.

Thanks!

A:External monitor turning off on it's own after a few seconds

What cable are you using to connect the monitor to the PC?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/345901-external-monitor-turning-off-its-own-after-few-seconds.html
Relevancy 49.45%

So I know this isnt a big problem but my parents got new laptops and I figured id hook em up with win startup laptop upgrade, 15+ 10 for seconds After black upon at screen sits windows since I have loved it Well they have had nothing but problems blah blah blah they just dont like change One actual problem my father is having though is when he starts up his laptop Normally on his laptop it shows the After win 10 upgrade, laptop sits at black screen upon startup for 15+ seconds hp symbol than immediately the Win lock screen that you click and than sign in Since upgrading to Win the laptop shows the HP Symbol than sits at a black screen for or more seconds until the mouse shows up and than the lock screen He using an HP Envy so its a decent laptop pretty brand new only a couple months old with After win 10 upgrade, laptop sits at black screen upon startup for 15+ seconds Win it used to be instant lock screen from the HP logo Already went into the power settings to make sure the quick startup option was enabled and I upgraded the video card to the latest build Any clue on how to fix this

A:After win 10 upgrade, laptop sits at black screen upon startup for 15+ seconds

By "upgraded the video card to the latest build" do you really mean you updated the video driver to a Windows 10 driver? Did you also upgrade the chipset driver as well?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/after-win-10-upgrade-laptop-sits-at-black-screen-upon-startup-for-15-seconds-1059906.html
Relevancy 49.45%

hello my friends got a quick question for you i have a dell latitude e6430 i wiped it stuck on a fresh windows 7 and well all going great apart from one small problem when i plug in and out my ac power jack the screen goes black for a second or 2 it happens when i plug in and pull out both dont know what is causing this do u have any ideas

A:dell latitude e6430 screen gose black for 2 seconds

Hello Joseph mate I take it this is not your main machine or at all? The Dell site as always not helpful but I would suggest downloading and installing the driver for the graphics from Intel https://downloadcenter.intel.com/sea...+graphics+4000
I always use manufacturers site rather than the Windows feature because I am not so sure it is that reliable. Now you might get a message that says the download is older than what is installed and in that case leave it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/372288-dell-latitude-e6430-screen-gose-black-2-seconds.html
Relevancy 49.45%

What's wrong with my PC The only problem I had previously is the noise of the internal HDD it was like a scooter it made fastly repeating clicking noise at variable speed To solve this issue I cloned the whole internal HDD to an external HDD using Macrium Reflect Free to use it instead of the loud internal HDD This process took about hours but finished succesfully Then I got BSOD and was able to start Windows from the external HDD only in safe mode I found out Windows doesn't run from USB HDDs due seconds screen No Windows, no and ticking a 3 black short UEFI, every just to anti-piracy reasons From this point I was unable to boot from either No Windows, no UEFI, just a black screen and short ticking every 3 seconds the internal or the external HDDs even the Macrium Windows PE Rescue Environment was useless from pendrive to fix the boot problem The only thing I saw is a black screen No Windows no UEFI nothing Just a black screen and a short clicking sound repeating every seconds I've read somewhere that the HDD might had overheated and the head has stuck which makes this noise while trying to escape I listened closely but the sound was coming from a little speaker on the motherboard not the HDD I removed the speaker the sound stopped attached it again the sound restarted so it's I received my new internal HDD removed the loud one and the external as well but it did not help Removing the motherboard battery was useless as well And here comes the interesting part because I have a half-solution the PC starts perfectly every time I remove the RAM and put it into the other slot It works in both the left and right slots but it needs to be swapped everytime I want to start the PC otherwise I get the black screen and the ticking Why is this needed what is the cause how could this be fixed PS the motherboard manufacturer's FAQs say that the continuous short beep not tick means that the power supply unit is failed http www gigabyte com support-downloads faq-page aspx fid

A:No Windows, no UEFI, just a black screen and short ticking every 3 seconds

If you are getting BIOS beeps, you have a hardware issue somewhere. Can you try disconnecting everything (including hard drives) except the keyboard and monitor from the PC and seeing if you can boot into UEFI that way?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/618139/no-windows-no-uefi-just-a-black-screen-and-short-ticking-every-3-seconds/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have tried to make sense of what others have posted and relate it to my situation but I am still somewhat confused because I have not found the same exact issue I have. I have tried a number of config settings but no joy.

I am running W7 Ult 64bit OS and have a Nvidia Quadro NVS 285...

I am not sure how long this has been occurring (possibly since OS install) but every time I bootup and then login with my password, the screen flashes black for 2-3 seconds after the initial login. If I log off and log on with my pswd, it does not always flash.

I have the most current driver for the Nvidia card.

Does anyone know why this is occurring? Is it a typical glitch

A:Black Screen Flash for 2-3 seconds after initial login (after bootup)

Are you running multiple monitors?

What type of anti-virus do you have on your system?

From SOLUTION for Black Screen Flash After Windows Loads

Quote:
Many users here have a problem of their screens flashing (or flickering, or blinking) black after Windows loads. I've seen people blame everything from audio drivers to integrated graphics for this issue, however these are not the causes.

Microsoft has a service called Transient Multimon Manager (TMM). This (supposedly) makes it easier to run multiple displays. It also causes the annoying flash we all hate so much. It took me hours to pinpoint the exact process (which happened to be the Task Scheduler Engine), and even more time to pinpoint the exact task, so enjoy.

Here's how to fix that annoying black flicker on boot:
Click on the Start button (pearl? ball? orb?).
Type "Task Scheduler" and hit Enter.
On the left-hand side, click "Task Scheduler Local" (you should already be there, but just in case).
Expand "Task Scheduler Library," then "Microsoft," then "Windows," then click "MobilePC."
Up top, you'll see a task called "TMM." Click it, and on the right-hand side, click "Disable."
You're done.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/161376-black-screen-flash-2-3-seconds-after-initial-login-after-bootup.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a 2 year old Dell Inspiron 15R running Windows 10 and it's making a similar sound as described here by others. It appears that it primarily does this if it is restarted after just being shut down. Pulling the battery then replacing it usually works to clear the "error", but not always.
Could this be related to the temperature? Is my hard drive about to fail and all my data evapourate? Is my MB hooched? Any information from the lovely folks at Dell would be greatly appreciated; even if there was an error table showing the meaning of the sonar ping sequence.
#sonarping #blackscreen #startup

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19982560
Relevancy 49.02%

A black dot 1" in diameter and some black smears have appeared on the bottom right corner of my screen. I believe whatever page I have up is ok behind it. And I think it is getting bigger. Monitor is a Dell 19 " Analog Flat Panel. Maybe it is finished.

Relevancy 49.02%

I had to switch monitors and video cards both when the old monitor broke black, red, blue displays black text monitor as mix of LED which was working perfectly it was by max resolution This new monitor is p wide screen by The old AMD card was x the new video card is Gt This new Westnghouse Tv - monitor combo an LD has terrible text colors Instead of all black it just randomly throws up colored text If I zoom the screen the text reverts to all black If I zoom out the screen the text goes to a mix of black red blue letters If I do a full zoom LED monitor displays black text as mix of red, black, blue out black text looks like a LED monitor displays black text as mix of red, black, blue lit up Christmas tree of colors I am using an HDMI cable and Nvidia driver LED monitor displays black text as mix of red, black, blue Here is a picture taken with a cell phone If I shared a screen shot you will see normal colors Will getting an DVI to HDMI adapter help The monitor TV only has VGA and HDMI no DVI input If I change from p to i the text color issue is solved but the text is not as sharp

A:LED monitor displays black text as mix of red, black, blue

You're sure that the monitor supports 1080p not 1080i? I ask because some TV's only support up to 1080i.

Based on what you've said and are showing us, I think this might be the case. Judging from that picture, that TV does not like 1080p.

Edit:

Although I just checked the model out online and the literature all says 1080p. Is there a setting on the TV that allows you to switch between 1080i and 1080p? Or does it do it automatically?

Edit again:

I just went through the instruction book, and nowhere does it say 1080p. Something you could try is going into the PC settings and adjusting the clock and the phase controls. It may help, or it may only apply to the TV's VGA connector, I don't know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/398352-led-monitor-displays-black-text-mix-red-black-blue.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I had set up Microsoft Train Simulator with several added on consists from Maple Leaf Tracks. Afterwards the boot up of the sim program would blank the monitor and I could not see a thing, had to hit the windows key to get back to the desktop, but then afterwards that quit too. Now on boot up between the 4 color windows thingee and the blue start up screen the monitor shuts down entirely for 5 to 10 seconds. Kinda scary all this and why is beyond me. ATI Raedon HD 3870 video card. Works fine on everything else. Dunno what the heck to do about this.

A:Monitor Shuts Off For 5 seconds whiile booting

Got the problem solved. The problem was the back two DVI inputs. We had the tower out for servicing and when we put all the cables back, the monitor and TV cables to the DVI inputs were switched around. We simply switched them back and the problem was repaired.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-shuts-off-for-5-seconds-whiile-booting.901059/
Relevancy 48.59%

Monitor switches off seconds after computer turns on

Hi,
Last night i returned to my computer and the screen was black (orange light) I then moved mouse and pressed keyboard and though the light changed to green the screen was still black.

I turned the machine off and started it up again- the monitor worked for first seconds then switches black (green light still on). I've tried this several times and the same thing occurs. I changed monitors and it still happens.

Does anyone know what is happening? How can i fix it? Please help!

CYPS

A:Monitor switches off seconds after computer turns on- Please HELP

check your setup to see that all cables are properly and firmly attached.

what kind of computer is it? (be specific as possible) do you know of any recent changes that have occurred?

if your warranty is still valid, contact the manufacturer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-switches-off-seconds-after-computer-turns-on-please-help.37454/
Relevancy 48.59%

What's wrong with my Samsung monitor? It turns off for a few seconds and then turns back on.

A:Solved: Why is my monitor going dark for a few seconds and then turning on?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-why-is-my-monitor-going-dark-for-a-few-seconds-and-then-turning-on.1065692/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,
I bought a Dell monitor a week ago and now my monitor is constantly going black and resuming
It's connected to a GTX970 through your mDP-DP cable and I really don't know why this is happening because I have a dual monitor rig, and the other monitor isn't going constantly black.
I'm using Windows 10, I don't know if that could be a factor, but this situation is quite annoying.
Thank you

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19678609
Relevancy 48.59%

I updated to Windows 10 a little bit ago on an older Dell Inspiron laptop. I regularly use the laptop for picture editing. Since updating about every 30 seconds the desktop and task bar will go black, then reload. It shuts down any files I have open, which is super annoying when I'm trying to move pictures from my camera card to my external hard drive. And, actually, when I try to move pictures, as of today it's shutting down almost immediately.
A techy friend thought it was a virus and had me download MalwareBytes. (We used Bullguard for antivirus protection). Malwarebytes found some malicious files, and I deleted all of them. But, the problem is continuing. What do I do next? I am so frustrated by this problem.
I did a quick search of the forum for this question and didn't see it on another thread.

A:Windows 10 desktop/task bar stop going black and closing files every 30 seconds.

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question I updated to Windows 10 a little bit ago on an older Dell Inspiron laptop. I regularly use the laptop for picture editing. Since updating about every 30 seconds the desktop and task bar will go black, then reload. It shuts down any files I have open, which is super annoying when I'm trying to move pictures from my camera card to my external hard drive. And, actually, when I try to move pictures, as of today it's shutting down almost immediately.
A techy friend thought it was a virus and had me download MalwareBytes. (We used Bullguard for antivirus protection). Malwarebytes found some malicious files, and I deleted all of them. But, the problem is continuing. What do I do next? I am so frustrated by this problem.
I did a quick search of the forum for this question and didn't see it on another thread. That's happens when explorer (the name the whole desktop is called in system) crashes. It happenes in case of files / disk corruption or a malware Scan usb devices too with antivirus
Then make a complete checkdisk of your disk and external devices

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438509-windows-10-desktop-task-bar-stop-going-black-closing-files-every-30-seconds.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a ADI monitor, when Windows XP starts up, there is a thick vertical line across the desktop. when i turn the monitor off and on, it the line disappears. any ideas how to fix it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-line-on-monitor-xp-starts-up-clears-when-turn-monitor-off-on.860723/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi, I have windows home 7, home built pc with Asus motherboard. Don't ask me further spec details cuz I have no idea about most of the specs (an ex built it and can't get in control panel due to monitor issue). I just know that it's supposed to be kick-*** with a 5.8 windows score.

The PC boots fine, gives you the option to start windows normally or leave it do its' thing... but either way I try, it makes no difference to monitor.
When it boots, the monitor shows all the usual details, the bios pic, starting... and as soon as it reaches desktop point (I think), it goes black even though monitor is still powered and no errors about no signal. If I turn monitor off and on, it will quickly show me the desktop then it goes black again.

I'd appreciate any help or insight.

A:Monitor black but turning monitor off/on flashes desktop for split second

Hi, first thing I would try is to connect the PC to another monitor that is known to be in good working order. If the same problem occurs then we will know it is a problem with the PC, if it functions normally you will know it is a problem with your monitor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-black-but-turning-monitor-off-on-flashes-desktop-for-split-second.173244/
Relevancy 48.16%

..my old mobo died on me, the tech guy said the CPU power is not working, and he couldn't fix it! i bought the GA-G41M-ES2L, and it's working great, except that it takes 20 seconds to power my monitor after a standby, it instantly powers it on though when i turn my pc on after a shutdown!

..i already tried to close all webpages and applications, thought it might help, but no luck

thx in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-mobo-takes-20-seconds-to-power-my-monitor-from-standby.926987/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have an HP Z workstation with two LG EA monitors running Window Pro bit The two monitors always worked fine until a little while ago Now the computer will detect the second monitor and will connect and display as clone or extended desktop but after - seconds it reverts to the main display Even though it says quot Do you want to keep changes quot and counts down from - seconds it switches back to single display after only a few seconds The kicker is that if you unplug the main monitor which is working the second will display correctly and also the dominant display ie the one which will continue working despite another display being plugged in can be changed by selecting that display as the main display I have to quickly switch the main display seconds monitor few after to only reverts main Dual display in display settings to do this while both displays are on in order to do this So to clarify both displays work and can be detected and even used but only for a few seconds before windows automatically selects quot show desktop only on quot when both are plugged in Otherwise either display will work fine if the other display is not plugged in no matter what cables display port or DVI I use I've tried updating graphics drivers resetting the monitors checking refresh rates and resolutions all to no avail Any help would be much appreciated

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/383161-dual-monitor-reverts-main-display-only-after-few-seconds.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I just hooked up my Dad's new Dell Inspiron 660s PC with Windows 7 to his Acer AL2216W monitor. When the computer boots, the screen goes blank right after the "Starting Windows" appears with the the message "No Signal" and the screen stays blank for over 60 seconds. Then the Windows desktop appears and finishes the boot process. This happens whether I use an analog VGA cable or a DVI-to-HDMI cable. The Dell Inspiron has an i3-3220 processor with built-in Intel 2500 graphics. It almost looks like the monitor goes into standby mode for 60 seconds because the monitor light turns from green to amber. Any suggestions as to how to fix this? I had tried this new computer on my old Viewsonic VP191b monitor and this problem did not occur.

A:Acer Monitor goes Blank for 60 Seconds during Windows 7 Bootup

I would look at the settings on the Acer monitor. Something must be out of norm. Look at the power savings mode and such. Maybe it has a setting where you can reset it to factory defaults.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/282221-acer-monitor-goes-blank-60-seconds-during-windows-7-bootup.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi all Seems we had a bit of a thunderstorm here last night while I was gone and now my monitor is acting few to drops standby a seconds... continually mode after Monitor freaky Here s the scenario I came home this morning everything was off I powered up the system everything functions normally All the noises are their happy selves the monitor lights up begins displaying the normal series of graphics text and whatnot After about seconds or so however the Monitor drops back into quot standby Monitor continually drops to standby mode after a few seconds... quot mode like it s not getting a video signal screen goes black power LED switches from green to amber The computer however is still running making all its happy whirring noises etc I press the power button on the monitor The monitor powers down I press the power button again and the monitor comes back to life with full display Monitor continually drops to standby mode after a few seconds... no distortion no problems for about seconds then drops back to quot standby quot repeated pressings of the power button produce the exact same result If it let it sit a while turned off it will last seconds or so of full display before dropping to standby if I immediately cycle Monitor continually drops to standby mode after a few seconds... the power after it shuts off the display will only last for - seconds This appears to be a monitor issue the rest of the tower acts like everything is happy I m actually currently downloading a bunch of stuff on that machine with the quirky monitor hooked up to it right now Everything was working fine yesterday when I left Ok relevant system bits The system is a recent build I put it together oh about a month ago Video card is a nVidia GeForce model by eVga Running an AMD Athlon X with gb dual channel ddr TB archive storage gig krpm SATA quot Raptor quot system drive and a beefy watt power supply Running XP Pro I googled for this problem and I found a bit on a monitor troubleshooting site that suggested the following If twice then the power supply is shutting down as the controller still thinks it is on and you are resetting it A couple of possibilities here would be low voltage or high voltage regulation error excessive high voltage is sensed and causes shutdown to prevent dangerous X-ray emission A partially dried up main filter capacitor could also cause a shutdown but there might be other symptoms like hum bars in the picture just before this happened Clipping a good capacitor across the suspect with power off would confirm or eliminate this possibility Well I m not so much of a chiphead that I have a bunch of capacitors lying around or would even know where to clip them to but It doesn t seem like a capacitor issue to me the voltage regulation error seems closest The question is how might I try and fix it if this is indeed what the problem is just to rule it out I don t really have the money for replacing the monitor at this time Regards Druegan nbsp

A:Monitor continually drops to standby mode after a few seconds...

The first thing to do is try the monitor on another PC or another monitor on your PC.That would certainly narrow things down a bit.
What`s the make and model ? If it`s an old CRT,it might be time for a new monitor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-continually-drops-to-standby-mode-after-a-few-seconds.45913/
Relevancy 48.16%

..my old mobo died on me, the tech guy said the CPU power is not working, and he couldn't fix it! i bought the GA-G41M-ES2L, and it's working great, except that it takes 20 seconds to power my monitor after a standby, it instantly powers it on though when i turn my pc on after a shutdown!

..i already tried to close all webpages and applications, thought it might help, but no luck

thx in advance

Relevancy 48.16%

Satellite x - Core Duo T Original MB MB Memory MHZ MB VRAM Replaced Kingston Kingston KVR D S G I have this x Original GB GB Harddisk Drive RPM SATA Replaced Only HDD left other one I will get back in days WSXGA TRUBRITE TFT Screen HD DVD-ROM Drive K Modem Lan W-Lan A G N MPixel Web Camera Bluetooth Microsoft Vista Home Premium Bit My Problem I take out the battery screen,humming 4 X200-191 Laptop sound => Satellite seconds, on turns black plug it in the power Charging light turns on I press the power button Satellite X200-191 => Laptop turns on 4 seconds, black screen,humming sound power led turns on Followed by Satellite X200-191 => Laptop turns on 4 seconds, black screen,humming sound the hdd led turn on which blinks real quick stays on for second then turns of The power led stays on during all the time seconds after the power button a fan starts blowing while the above mention hdd led blinks for second seconds after the fan starting to blow it turns off We are now seconds farther pretty much everything stopts except a very tiny minor humming sound I just left it on for a couple minutes sound remains nothing happens While writing this all I left it on for minutes the laptop heats op a bit the adapter gets hotter but still only the very tiny minor humming sound So my laptop works for seconds wont give any screen black screen wont load even BIOS What could be wrong Fixing Ok so I left the laptop after a couple of months being told it was dead just getting it dusty Read history to get this But since last week I figured its getting dusty I never opened a laptop before why wont I try doing that I replaced the Memory modules Slot A and B both memories same time one at a time all possible ways Since I have only HDD I used it in both slots Looks to no difference Using NO HDD I do NOT have the very tiny minor humming sound I followed a guide http www irisvista com tech to open my laptop to see what is inside Finding no lose plugs but did find a certein oil and some white paste Closing the laptop to try it out I accidently screwed a couple wrong screws in the laptop piercing the top cover of my laptop but no chips were hit during this P Yeah Im a bit to strong I should have figured using force for a couple of the screws wasnt the best thing I could do but now i know p SOOO My question while I wait for the extra old HDD getting it in days Probably making no difference What could be wrong more precisly Should I like try taking out the video card or something Is there something I should do with some soldering Any tips tricks that could work wether to fix the laptop or to narrow down the problem to a small part which i could replace BEST REGARDS Danny Visser The Netherlands History Not sure if this is any important but just to let you know if intrested what happend all to the laptop I bought the laptop at Shape Computers in the netherlands Asking this laptop mentioned above with things changed I wanted more Memory and I wanted windows XP The shop told me this was possible They bought me the laptop in they replaced the Memory with the kingston memories They installed windows XP instead of the Vista They laptop did work at this very moment So I bought the working laptop with year warranty With the folders extra given with the laptop I was able to increase my warranty from to years for free so I did After probably a couple of weeks I noticed that the laptop was getting real hot after longer usage But according to the manual this was normal I did use the laptop for gaming but also months for a gaming study So I did take it several times to school in a backpack After not using it for school anymore I reinstalled Windows Vista BIT At a very point not sure when precisly I noticed that it wouldnt turn on probably same problem as I have now but I was really relaxed about it tried it later and somehow it did work again This happend perhaps about times in total Knowing something was wrong I took it back to Shape Computers They checked it Not showin... Read more

A:Satellite X200-191 => Laptop turns on 4 seconds, black screen,humming sound

Hello

To be honest that?s a really long story and I think we can?t help you here and tell you what the problem is exactly because it?s just an user to user forum. I think you need professional help from notebook technicians, they can check what the problem is.

According your posting I think it?s a hardware malfunction, maybe the mainboard but this must be checked from professional technicians.

You should contact an authorized service provider in your country. You can find a list of them here:
http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com > Support & Downloads > Find an authorized service provider

I?m sure everything you can clarify with the ASP. The guys are really friendly and do a good job.

Good luck! :)

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?57505-Satellite-X200-191-Laptop-turns-on-4-seconds-black-screen-humming-sound
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a dual monitor set up through HDMI. My laptop works just fine but the second monitor went black during a gaming session and hasn't worked since. I have restarted, verified its on HDMI setting, updated drivers, checked refresh rates.

The Second monitor is still connected. I can move things there (cant see it) because it is black. When I right click and click screen resolution I can see the screen pop up.

I think the color scheme may have changed during the gaming session and that might be the culprit. It was an old game - 2009

I have Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/386918-dual-monitor-suddenly-went-black-still-but-all-black.html
Relevancy 48.16%

My new Ideapad 500-15ISK has the flickering monitor during the boot, sometimes black monitor and sometimes it restarts randomly. This problems come up after the last Windows10 update. I tried to install the drivers of the graphics card but the problems remain. Thank you Matteo

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Flickering-monitor-black-monitor-and-random-restarts/td-p/3463916
Relevancy 48.16%

I need some help. I have acomputer monitor that is roughly 10 years old. THe monitor last night decided to suddenly turn off and the power button started blinking. I unplugged the power to the monitor and let it sit overnight. This morning I went and plugged the power back into the monitor and pressed the power button on it. When I pressed the power button the button started blinking again. I have never had a monitor die like this and I would like to know why it died and if it can be fixed. Some more info is that i had only been on the computer for less than 2 hours. I have not spilled anything on the computer, the vent is completely uncovered, and the computer is in good working conditions according to the mannual. I need to know asap please. The tower still works perfectly fine it is only the monitor.

A:Monitor is black and the power button on the monitor is blinking

If you could try the monitor on another PC, that would confirm the monitor is faulty. In any case if the monitor is bad and considering its age, it would be best to just replace it. It would not be worth fixing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-is-black-and-the-power-button-on-the-monitor-is-blinking.152203/
Relevancy 47.3%

I am working on my sister-in-law's laptop attempting to connect a 2nd monitor.  I have just replaced her RAM to 8 GIG (factory was 4 GIG)  and thought it would be easy to just hook up this second monitor.  We purchased a DVI to HDMI cable, hook the cable up to the monitor. Make sure there was power to the monitor.  Then I change the display settings to mirror the displays.  The second monitor turns on and shows the display however it in a split second turns black.  Power is still on for the 2nd display however it just displays black.    The graphic card I have in the HP-15 touch screen is the amd radeon (tm) r4 graphics.  I am wondering if I turn off the touch screen ability would it work or if anyone has any tips to get this second display to work please let me know.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Adding-a-second-monitor-works-then-2nd-monitor-goes-black/td-p/5668979
Relevancy 47.3%

I am working on my sister-in-law's laptop attempting to connect a 2nd monitor.  I have just replaced her RAM to 8 GIG (factory was 4 GIG)  and thought it would be easy to just hook up this second monitor.  We purchased a DVI to HDMI cable, hook the cable up to the monitor. Make sure there was power to the monitor.  Then I change the display settings to mirror the displays.  The second monitor turns on and shows the display however it in a split second turns black.  Power is still on for the 2nd display however it just displays black.    The graphic card I have in the HP-15 touch screen is the amd radeon (tm) r4 graphics.  I am wondering if I turn off the touch screen ability would it work or if anyone has any tips to get this second display to work please let me know.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Adding-a-second-monitor-works-then-2nd-monitor-goes-black/td-p/5668979