Windows Support Forum

Dell Studio 1536 with Vista 64 has a continuous beep and BSOD

Q: Dell Studio 1536 with Vista 64 has a continuous beep and BSOD

Hello For the past two weeks my laptop has been beeping It doesn t beep when I first turn the computer on Once I m to the desktop it starts Vista Studio Dell 64 continuous a BSOD with beep and 1536 has to beep and it s VERY inconsistent It may beep every five minutes or every minutes Sometimes it beeps once and other times its beeped two Dell Studio 1536 with Vista 64 has a continuous beep and BSOD or three times fast And occasionally I get the BSOD saying something about quot dumping my physical memory quot On top of that when I load the computer I get an error saying that my Catalyst Control Centre is not working I just assumed all these things were connected A few months ago my hard drive died so I installed a new one I haven t had any issues until the issues I listed above all of which start just a few weeks ago Unfortunately my warranty has expired so Dell s support hasn t been much help So does this sound like the hard drive I installed is creating the issues Any advice is very helpful nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Dell Studio 1536 with Vista 64 has a continuous beep and BSOD

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Dell Studio 1536 with Vista 64 has a continuous beep and BSOD

Have you checked for crud in your keyboard... any cause for a sticking key, sticking space bar, etc.

Don't see how the hard drive could cause the problem.

Have you looked at all the Dell Beep Codes... They are posted elsewhere on this TechSpot forum... that could give you a starting point.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-studio-1536-with-vista-64-has-a-continuous-beep-and-bsod.154876/
Relevancy 83.7%

Dell Studio 1536 Vista 64 to XP 32
1) Hate Vista 64 want to down grade to Win XP PRO 32 and have done so.
2) Have found most of the drivers and installed them.
3) I have no sound.
4) I am getting errors in Device Manager.
A) Human Interface Devices \ ! Unknown Device ( What is this?)
B) Other devices \ ! Integrated Webcam
C) Sound, video and game controllers \ ! IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
Can some one help me out with these errors and if some one wants the drivers I have let me know.

A:Solved: Dell Studio 1536 Vista 64 to XP 32

Drivers on a Dell have to be installed in the correct order, reinstall XP clean and start over, this time follow the correct order.

http://support.dell.com/support/top...2C6D57&docid=3690A8CC21FAF290E040A68F5B281A12

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dell-studio-1536-vista-64-to-xp-32.847858/
Relevancy 100.19%

Hey has anyone ever heard of this I have a Dell laptop that told me it needed to update my video drivers so I did and all hell broke loose I couldn t issues 1536 Studio Dell after HD update run AVG everything was bogged down and it took FOREVER to open folders or files I tried restore it but all restores points were gone and I tried using Dell CDs to restore the HD put it keep failing I finally had to pull the drive out and hook it by USB to another system also running AVG and scanned it It said I had only two virii both Win Heur in Dell Studio 1536 HD issues after update the updated ATI drivers After it scanned I used AVG on the desktop computer to quarantine the files and heal them It told me it couldn t because they longer existed Then when I tried to look at the contents of that partition it was blank When I put it back in the laptop it tried to boot but fails saying no bootable media exists Now multiple errors are popping up with other hardware on the system I hooked it back up to the desktop and I can still see the drive but no files Any clues on what I ve done I posted in the virus and malware forum but they said it looked like a windows issue Any suggestions would be most appreciated TD Sorry I can t give any log files but they re just vanished nbsp

A:Dell Studio 1536 HD issues after update

You will probably have to purchase a Dell restore disc for your model laptop and do a fresh install of Windows

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-studio-1536-hd-issues-after-update.162700/
Relevancy 80.41%

Could somebody tell me where I can find the power on "beep codes" for the Dell Studio 1458 laptop?  Alternatively, could somebody tell me what 2 beeps mean on power-on?

Thanks very much.

A:Dell Studio 1458 Laptop Beep Codes

AlexAndrews,
A 2 Beep code would be a Memory error.
Beep CodesStudio™ 1457/1458 might emit a series of beeps during start-up if the monitor cannot display errors or problems. The following repetitive beep codes help you troubleshoot problems with your computer.
Beep Description Failure Coverage One beep BIOS ROM checksum failure. Possible motherboard failure. Two beeps No RAM Detected. Remove the memory modules, reinstall one module and restart the computer. If the computer starts normally, reinstall an additional module. Continue until you have identified a faulty module or reinstalled all modules without an error. If available, install Know good memory of similar configuration and test the memory slots. Three beeps Possible motherboard failure. Chipset error Four beeps RAM read/write failure. Verify that the memory modules that you are installing are compatible with your computer. Reseat Memory. Five beeps Real Time Clock failure. Replace the battery. Six beeps Video card or chip failure. Seven beeps Processor failure. Eight beeps Display failure.
You can click the link below to download the online manuals for the system. The manual provides troubleshooting information as well as information for removing and replacing parts.
Dell Studio 1458 Drivers Downloads and Manuals

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19987727
Relevancy 80.41%

This is a Dell Studio with Windows Vista Premium So I am trying to fix it for a friend I have never used Vista before I had all XP computers and avoided Vista Anyway her computer crashed and One two - on beeps, bootup then Studio beep, Dell crashes would not boot up She had a bad power supply which I replaced The computer boots beep then two beeps and then boots fine into Windows However about minutes after booting up the computer blue-screens and crashes and does not stay long enough for me to see any messages then re-boots Dell Studio - One beep, then two beeps, crashes on bootup This DOES NOT Dell Studio - One beep, then two beeps, crashes on bootup happen in Safe Mode In fact I tried a system restore from safe mode which did nothing I of course suspect that its a corrupted Windows installation since it works in Safe Mode Now she does not recall the beeps codes when the computer started up never paid attention but the research I did indicates this may be a glitch in some of the s--in other words they give the usual one beep on start up then a few seconds later two short beeps but does not effect the boot into windows So this may have nothing to do with the problem I ve swapped ram video card nothing stops the two-beeps I m thinking the best thing to do is just re-install Windows Vista I do have a DVD--although I have reinstalled XP countless times I have never done it with Vista--does it work the same If so is there a guide as to re-installation not fresh installation--re-installation Or is there something else I can try to fix the problem

A:Dell Studio - One beep, then two beeps, crashes on bootup

Hello,
Try disabling the automatic reboot, so you can write down the BSOD message. You can do this by pressing F8 after the bios splash screen. Same place you see the option for booting into safe mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/477555/dell-studio-one-beep-then-two-beeps-crashes-on-bootup/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello I have read many other post on this subject but none fit my exact problem Specs Intel i k quad core GHz GB DDR mhz RAM NVIDIDA GTX Graphics card Asus P P LE Motherboard Windows bit GB SSD TB Data hard drive W Xigmatec power supply Zalman Z plus case In case that becomes relevant The problem began slightly more than a month after i bought my pc I was playing a game Team fortress when the graphics began to act odd for instance when something moved past me it would seam blocky and out of line for a second i have checked two other games since when i start one Killing floor the moment i reach the main menu my pc makes a continuous beeping noise and when i exit the game the beeping noise becomes lower pitch while exiting then stops once the game has closed When i start the other game Counter strike source there is no beeping noise but i get the same graphics problem from Continuous beep use pc during as i did when playing the first game Team fortress The temperature displayed on my case is usually between C and C and was at C at the time when the graphics problem began Thanks Jesse nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

Hi I have been at this problem for a day and have no idea what to do I boot my system and I just get an alarm sound beep No pauses no pattern just a beep which doesn One Continuous beep t stop I am still able to use the PC on it now as for the beep I just removed the motherboard speaker lol I have checked loads of Forums but can no find anything helpful Looking at My Computer temperature they all seem average for my system plus the beep One Continuous beep happens straight away during the system post I have taken my Ram and Graphics card out and both are fine I have also taken my CPU out where I had a little problem When taking the Heat sync off it pulled the CPU with it stuck to the heat sync like concrete This in turn bent about of the pins VERY VERY slightly like degree angle How ever the beep happened long before that I have re-pasted the heat sync and the pins are back in place and be evidnce type right here right now all seems fine apart from the beeping I could just ignore it but I am big time gamer and I don t feel combatable playing any game right now till the beep goes away and leaving the motherboard speck out means I lose overheat warning It did beep about a month ago it did it for a minute and stopped I had it last week and a reboot sorted it however this does not work no more I have made systems and non of them have had any problem s This system I made about Months ago and is my latest all new hardware sept for the hard drive which is a month older My system spec is in my Xfire game rig below http www xfire com profile light Hope someone can help nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

Hi Guys,

I'm getting a dell studio, but want to dual boot with xp. The only thing is I've read its a heck of a lot easier when u have vista disc to repair bootloader. Do you know if the del studio comes with disc, or just HDD partition backup. I haven't seen a clear answer on this so far and if you don't get it its just a pain. You should always get a disc of the OS in my opinion.

Cheers

A:Dell Studio come with Vista disc?

You will need a separate copy of Vista

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-studio-come-with-vista-disc.112272/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a PC running vista that keeps having the print spooler crashing. I can print maybe one time before I get a pop up box saying

Spooler SubSystem App Stopped Working and Was Closed

Then if I go to the event viewer I get the following

Event 1000
Faulting application spoolsv.exe, version 6.0.6002.18294, time stamp 0x4c6aa29a, faulting module hppdcompio.dll, version 1.3.0.24, time stamp 0x4c9685da, exception code 0xc0000417, fault offset 0x000000000000552c, process id 0xaf4, application start time 0x01cd69fdecc9154e.

A:Print Spooler Crashing Vista hp laserjet 1536

Press Windows+R key and typeservices.msc and click okRight click on print spooler-stop itPress Windows+R key and copy this path%WINDIR%\system32\spool\printersclick okDelete the files in the folderRestart the PC and try to print now

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/462328/print-spooler-crashing-vista-hp-laserjet-1536/
Relevancy 65.79%

The PC speaker just beeps when I power on my computer. Nothing happens just one long continuous beep. HELP!

A:One long continuous beep

Usually memory or video card.
Try reseating your memory or trying just one module at a time.
Try your video card in another slot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/one-long-continuous-beep.56332/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have been running Windows 2000 Pro for a little over 5 months now. Just recently I have been having a problem with the default beep (or any sound) on the computer. If I restart I do not hear anything until I open a program or click on something that makes the default beep sound. Then my computer goes haywire. All I hear is the beep over and over and over again, really really fast. This is very confusing and very frustrating since I can't hear music anymore and I have over 40 gigs of MP3 files. I can turn off the sound by MUTING the volume control, but this is not the correct fix, it just shuts up the computer. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!

A:Continuous Default Beep...

Open media player, click view,options, playback tab, take the check out of repeat forever and see if that helps. Don't know if it will but I don't know where else to tell you to look either.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/continuous-default-beep.49094/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if someone can help. I keep having this annoying problem where my PC randomly just freezes up and emits this ongoing beep until I manually have to power it down.

My system specs are:
Model: Packard Bell IXTREME X6617 UK
Processor: Intel Core2 Quad Q8200 2.33Ghz
Memory: 6GB
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5670
I have ran a full Memtest on bootup which reported no problems with the RAM cards. I'm at bit of loss here now though and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Ash

Relevancy 65.79%

A couple of Continuous Beep startup on days ago my installation of Vista started to go nuclear e g Windows Explorer crash every seconds total freeze Continuous Beep on startup up and then BScOD Obviously it was time to resinstall windows But when I went to boot from the installation disk it was hanging and giving problems After a few reboot i get to where I am now On startup I get a constant series of beeps I ve done some reading on the net and found this is a BIOS warning for the hardware and I m sure im on an AWARD BIOS So the beeps are most likely the memory or the CPU We ll I know for a start its not the memory as I had some spare stick lying around so after changing them over it still didn t change After looking round the house I discovered an older machine I had with the same socket and spec processor although this system stopped working with no indication why I swapped the CPUs over and the problem continues but the CPU may or may not be working Someone told me it could be a loose gfx card so I ve refitted that and still nothing So I m out of ideas can anyone help me nbsp

A:Continuous Beep on startup

While I seriously doubt that you have a defective processor, define "same socket and spec processor". What was the EXACT memory that was installed, and what was the EXACT memory you installed to check the memory?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/continuous-beep-on-startup.783770/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have to keep my laptop on "mute" because it lets out this ear piercing sound (almost like a smoke alarm). This started a few days ago. I had just turned the laptop (Vaio) on for like a half hour when it started. I took the battery out and waited a good half hour before reinstalling it and it did it again. Everything else is running smoothly.

I am a novice when it comes to computers so I called the Vaio 1-800 number and they said to reinstall the sound card. Does this sound right? (no pun intended). I haven't done anything yet. Just can't listen to music, etc. anymore till I get this all worked out. The laptop is about 18 mos old.

Thank you for anybody's help.

A:loud continuous beep

Hi bjelliott51 and welcome to TSF !

Sounds like some overheating warning signal to me... I'll ask someone to move this thread to the laptop support section where you'll have better advices.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f108/loud-continuous-beep-176066.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I have this computer running xp pro that is giving me a strange error. Back in the shop where the computer has been sitting for 8 monthes and running fine up until today,

On startup while still loading BIOS I get this alarm sound. It is a contiuous alarm. No error messages, the Bios just stops loading and stays in one place.

What is weird is I bring it into the office plug it in and it works fine.

I have tried multiple outlets back in the shop but still to no avail.

Does anybody know what the continous alarm sound might mean when starting up the Bios?

A:Continuous beep on start up

Please have a look at the Power On Self Test Beep Codes,
and post back which beep sequence best represents your own issue.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/continuous-beep-on-start-up-105220.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I posted this elsewhere and have since discovered that place was inappropriate sorry Fixing an old machine p phoenix bois and it boots with a Continuous After Post Beep single beep and seems fine until it initialises the keyboard What transpires i can only describe as an angry successive beeping that develops into a seemingly continuous beep The background is bizare at least as far as i understand it a client brought in machines the first had swolen caps on the board which we replaced and ran successfully for some time However the keyboard began to stutter with beeps after post and after re aligning the pins also worked fine Subsequently the client brought the first back the keyboard had begun beeping again only with more intensity and irregularity simmilar to a stuck key but more erratic I sent the client away with a new keyboard and success However the client returned again reporting that the beeps had begun again or days later Again I replaced the keyboard with and no beeps Subsequently the client brought in a second machine reporting that the first had persisted with its beeping issue and that he had chosen to use another machine at Continuous Beep After Post his disposal As it turns out the second computer had the same issue solved at least initially with the replacement of the keyboard The problem still persists however and seems to have gradually worsend over time In both cases the same original keyboard may have been used by the client in the case of the first machine the keyboard must be plugged in for the beeps to insue however the second has no such compunction and beeps right after the post in increasing frequency without a keyboard When booted with keyboard the beeps are not as frequent I would love an explanation if possible although i am not sure that there is any solution beyond motherboard replacement and keyboard destruction Thanks Edit Delete Message nbsp

A:Continuous Beep After Post

You sure this client isn't messing with you and has somehow caused this? Are there any *.bat files or something similar that have some code in them to cause this? I guess last but not least, is this an error code that the bios is throwing you due to heat problems or something of the sort.

Just seems a little suspicious.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/continuous-beep-after-post.41475/
Relevancy 65.79%

Help me out... I'm working on a friend's computer. I was in the process of installing more ram, 128k pc100, and upon installation, the computer will no longer boot up, will only give me a very anoying continuous beep. I'm not sure what type of bios it is. I'm going to attempt reseting the bios by removing the battery. If there are other solutions, please enlighten me. I'm at a lose and need guidance....thank you very much....

A:continuous beep, no bootup

Welcome to TSG! Continuous beeps usually mean bad ram. Will the machine boot if you remove the upgrade and put in just the old ram?

Let us know

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/continuous-beep-no-bootup.112207/
Relevancy 65.36%

My problem is just as described keyboard stopped working on one side ... and on my wifes side it works ... do not know what to do, i restored, im doing a virus scann now on it .. no results yet ... right now have to usee on screen key board to type on that side ... please help me ..

A:DELL LAPTOP STUDIO 1735 VISTA

<<My problem is just as described keyboard stopped working on one side ... and on my wifes side it works ...>>

Are you saying that...each of you is a user/has a profile on the same system...and you cannot use the keyboard properly but your wife can?

I have no idea what you are referring to as a "side".

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/466510/dell-laptop-studio-1735-vista/
Relevancy 65.36%

FOR a weeks I have been experiencing the same BSOD Using Nirsoft Blue Screen View I was able to get this from the dmp Dump File Mini - dmp Crash Time PM Bug HELP! dell 32 vista ataport.SYS 16 error xps studio Check String KERNEL MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Bug Check Code x e Parameter xc Parameter x aa Parameter xbef c Parameter x Caused By Driver ataport SYS Caused By Address ataport SYS a File Description ATAPI Driver Extension Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version lh sp rtm - Processor -bit Crash Address ataport SYS a Stack Address ntoskrnl exe Stack Address MpFilter sys bf Stack HELP! dell studio xps 16 vista 32 ataport.SYS error Address MpFilter sys dd Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size how can HELP! dell studio xps 16 vista 32 ataport.SYS error i resolve this error also i noticed that there is no sound when ever i try to play any audio or video file had gone to the quot sound quot from the control panel an dwhen i tried to play the test tones it says quot failed to play test tones quot nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-dell-studio-xps-16-vista-32-ataport-sys-error.1019874/
Relevancy 65.36%

My desktop recently started freezing for no apparent reason that I know of. The screen will just lock up and I have to restart with the power button. That doesn't always work either and sometimes I cant even boot into safe mode. I have not added any new hardware in 3 years but there is a new icon in the bottom right tray that says "Safely Remove Hardware". This has just recently appeared within the last few weeks. The only thing we use it for is web surfing and my son plays Minecraft on it. I think there may be a good possibility that maybe he did something or downloaded something bad for his game.
There have been bsod's 1 or 2 times and if I remember right, maybe something about memory dump.
Please help. Scared something major might have happened.
Thanks
Flatfoot1121

Relevancy 65.36%

I have a new HDD installed in a Dell Studio 1555 laptop and am trying to install Windows XP Pro. Everything goes fine until I press F8 to accept the EULA, nothing happens after that. It seems to turn off that key. I checked the keyboard with PC Check and it works fine. I can escape out of the setup and page up or down to view the EULA but thats it. I'm not sure if its a setting in the BIOS or something programmed into the CMOS to not let me do this or whatever. I can probably work everything else out after that.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/downgrading-from-vista-on-a-dell-studio-1555-a-497423.html
Relevancy 65.36%

So I purchased this last night from best buy...Trusting the Dell brand name..decent price...got home got my network set up...got online....and it did some windows updates...i installed firefox and when i went to restart the dreaded blue screen came up...i didnt get a chance to write it down..but then it proceeded to try and fix...and did a restore instead....I mean i literally had it all of 4 hours....and got this message twice....I dont know what to do?? Is it just my turn to draw the bad luck card?? Should i demand a new one?? or just get my money back and purchase through dell for the s upport??

oh yeah its home editition sp1!! Dell Studio Laptop with Intel® Core&#8482;2 Duo Processor T6400..Model: S15-158B

Relevancy 65.36%

My Dell Studio XPS 8100 has started Freezing up Mostly during graphical work (ie Games or Video playback) sometimes I notice the internet connection will drop out first.

Sometimes it will happen while its not being used at all.

I have done a complete format & operating system reinstall. Checked all drivers (As best as I know how), Pulled all hardware out cleaned & reseated. Reapplied thermal paste between CPU & Heatsink, Cleaned out fans.

Run Memory Checks, Furmark Graphics stress test. Intel CPU Stress test & many more.

A:BSOD / Freeze up. Dell - 7 beep error after crash

A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint. Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress. You can read more on this error and what to try here... Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try: Stop 124 - What it means and what to try

Dumps....

Code:
Built by: 7601.18205.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130708-1532
Debug session time: Sun Aug 18 10:21:37.892 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:05.953
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8007976028, be000000, 800400}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl.exe
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntoskrnl.exe
Probably caused by : GenuineIntel
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel
PROCESS_NAME: NOT FOUND
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Built by: 7601.18113.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533
Debug session time: Tue Aug 6 06:36:47.425 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:23:17.861
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa800799d028, be000000, 800400}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl.exe
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntoskrnl.exe
PROCESS_NAME: System
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Mon Aug 5 06:05:17.482 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 16:17:32.919
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa80065de028, fe000000, 800400}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for intelppm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for intelppm.sys
PROCESS_NAME: DCS.exe
Debug session time: Sat Aug 3 07:26:55.957 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:06:38.393
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa80079aa028, be000000, 800400}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for HCW85BDA.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for HCW85BDA.sys
Debug session time: Sat Aug 3 06:33:13.480 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 20:39:25.916
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa80065bf028, be000000, 800400}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for HECIx64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for HECIx64.sys

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/301696-bsod-freeze-up-dell-7-beep-error-after-crash.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I've just attempted to install some more DDR memory into my Compaq Presario S5600 desktop PC. To install it I had to remove the power connections for a few drives and unseat the graphics card. I reconnected everything, but when I turned the power back on there is a continuous high pitched beep, the lights come on but nothing else happens. The power connections and graphics card all appear to be correctly positioned. I also removed the new memory and I'm still receiving the same continous beep. What does this mean?

A:Added memory - now continuous beep

I feel a complete plank.

Had a coffee, went back and rechecked everything to find I'd not connected the power supply to the graphics card!

Oh well, it's all back up and running now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/added-memory-now-continuous-beep.37647/
Relevancy 64.93%

we have a Toshiba satellite computer with vista. when we start the computer, before it gets to the microsoft startup we get a loud continuous beep. if we use the F8 key we get by this problem and the computer starts and runs but we get a chatter where the "3" key keeps repeating and/or the cursor drops to the last item on any drop-down? Any idea what this is?

A:Loud continuous beep at start up

This could be a BIOS Beep Code that is pointing to your hardware issue. Find the BIOS your system runs and check out this link: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic95391.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/loud-continuous-beep-at-start-up.147579/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi there My PC Dell dimension Whislt booted in windows XP randomly the PC will freeze and continuous beep comes from the motherboard I have to turn off the computer and boot it back up again There are no beeps during boot up Before windows freezes each program I am running slowly stops working I E I can chat on MSN messenger for abit until eventually it stops working When I right click on the desktop the menus appear semi transparent After that everything freezes and continous beep comes from the motherboard I have not installed any new hardware or software It just happened randomly I have gig ram I tried using 1 continuous freezes Windows and beep XP only of those each to see if it could be the memory but the PC still crashed regardless of the memory stick I use Though this doesn t rule out the possibility that both memory sticks are broke unlikey though I tried replacing my graphics card it still occured I ran the hard disk diagnostic which said they pass I checked that all cables were fitted correctly and refit them just encase Tried to install windows again using windows recovery Windows XP freezes and 1 continuous beep which took ages cause the PC kept hanging so that obviously is a hardware problem I can only assume it Windows XP freezes and 1 continuous beep is either the Power supply or the motherboard Though I could be wrong and it could be both memory sticks Hoping it is the power supply because i ve heard replacing a motherboard with a dell pc is not easily possible The pc has ran out of it s warrenty The bios doesn t seem to have a CPU temperature monitor so I do not know if the CPU is overheating The fan still seems to be working though for the CPU since I can feel the cold air come from it I don t think it is overheating because I once left the PC without doing anything for over hours and it didn t crash it only started to crash once I started using it Does anyone else know what this could be or how else I can identify the problem Thanks Matt nbsp

A:Windows XP freezes and 1 continuous beep

Have you checked to see if you have the "stickey Keys" feature turned on or have you tried a different key board? either could cause the described problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-freezes-and-1-continuous-beep.815050/
Relevancy 64.93%

A Acer desktop was dropped of with me with the discription being it wont start up and it beeps. After futher investigation: When you power up the system the fans start then stop then start. Then no boot screen or anything just one continuous beep. I was able to get it started up once by clearing the CMOS and reseating the Ram, but that won't work for some reson now. Either it's a virus or the Ram is not sufficant or bad. The system is running Vista 32 bis. with only 1gb of ram which if that was all might work, but they are also running Quickbooks 07 and a few other heafty programs. any sugestions

A:Continuous solid Beep will not Boot

Hello Ahudek,
Remove all the ram and try one stick at a time, see if that does it.
Also check the connections to the graphics card/cards.
It does sound like a memory problem, but i got this when a power lead to a graphics card went bad.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/260438-continuous-solid-beep-will-not-boot.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Lately my computer has been giving me one during continuous beep long play trouble It usually happens when I am playing a game online I havent noticed it during offline activities play This seems to only happen during the hot one long continuous beep during play summer Here is my problem About - minutes into a game my system will freeze and the system one long continuous beep during play will put out a long continuous high pitch noise beep I used one long continuous beep during play to think it was just because it was getting too hot inside the system but I now have windows open and extra fans blowing so that is not the problem Then I thought it was a video card problem but it would mean that it only malfunctions during the summer Now I think it has something to do with the power supply I read in a book that the long continuous POST error code meant a bad power supply and that I should exchange it Before I go to the trouble of buying a new one and putting it into the computer I was hoping that someone could give me some ideas as to why the system is doing this Here are the specs to my system Asus A A Motherboard AMD Athlon GHz CPU x MB PC DIMMs GB RAM GB Maxtor RPM HD C amp Windows GB Seagate RPM D amp Windows XP I use dual boot and always use Win XP Inno D Kyro II MB Video Card Soundblaster Live Platinum Sound Card x DVD-ROM CD-RW Samsung Disc Drive x CD-R Pacific Digital CD Burner Drive Linksys Network Adapter W Power Supply i think this is the problem i think i need a As I said before this only happens during the hot summer Putting the system aside and not using it until fall is not an option I think the power supply is the problem but I could be wrong Help would be appreciated Thanks Andy P S - I forgot to mention that this usually only happens during a warm boot After a cold boot in the morning I can play for like half an hour without trouble but then it starts giving me trouble If I need to restart for any reason after then it is a pain nbsp

A:one long continuous beep during play

It really does sound like a overheating problem. Are you using the Asus Probe software to give you an idea of its base running temp vs the temp after heave game play? If it goes up 10+ degrees, that would be another hint of heat problems. If you have had the system running for awhile, pick up a can of the compressed air and carefully clean out the dust on the CPU fan blades and all other fans in the system. Clean off dust on the video card and every thing else at the same time. Dust acts like a fur blanket and raises temp on all surfaces. As it builds up over time, fan efficiency declines. Try moving the computer away from a wall that may raidate heat and make sure all the internal cables are bent to allow the best circulation of air from the front of the case to over the cpu fan and to any rear case fan and the power supply exhaust fan. Remember that space is needed behind the tower to help move the heat away. I have a similar system Asus A7A266/AMD 1.33ghz/512 mb ddr, Cd-rom, Cd-RW, 2 WD hard drives dual booting Win98se/W2kpro with Creative Audigy Platium, Modem, and Nic card. That fills my mid tower case and lately in Michigan the temps have been in the 90s often. Unfortunately that computer is near a South facing wall that for kicks i put a thermometer up next to it and was amazed to see an area temp of 111 degrees near it. I use a Thermaltake MiniOrb which works great until it gets hot like lately. Fortunately, i just take of on side cover and put a small fan blowing across me and my computer. The asus probe shows an average running temp of 49-52 degrees going up after an hour or so of online gamming to about 58-60 degrees. I dont see any system degrading. Just to help the system, try also making sure other non esential apps are off when playing. If you change the power supply, it in itself will probably produce a little more heat, but it is being blown out and not into the system however again make sure the area around the case is conducive to air flow. I upped my power supply from a 300 watt to a 400 watt and it seemed to help as far as system performance when reading info from the hd and using things like the CD-rom and heavy graphics. Cant prove it by tests, but it seems better( just got to at least think my money was not wasted).You did not mention of you are overclocking, but in hot weather, setting it back some would be a real good way to lower temps. I did have trouble with the 2 sticks of DDR memory when i first built the system and it would lockup after 15-30 minutes of heavy graphics use such as a game. You might want to remove 1 stick of memory at a time to see if one of them are sensitive heat build up and fails under thouse conditions. The long beep usually indicates some problem with a hardware device like memory or such.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/one-long-continuous-beep-during-play.88659/
Relevancy 64.93%

Boots up fine but no snooze button for this continuous alarm beep! Tried reseating RAM but that was no help. Also not a keyboard issue. Starts as soon as you hit the power button. Ran speedfan and don't see any obvious issues. Sweet gaming system, would like to get it back in action without the annoying beep for my nephew. Any help is most appreciated.

AMD Athalon 64 FX-62 dual core processor
2.81 GHz, 1 GB RAM

Win XP home 2002 service pack 2

A:Xp Continuous System Beep On Power On

your motherboard manual should tell you what it means

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/163970/xp-continuous-system-beep-on-power-on/
Relevancy 64.93%

For a while now I have been having a problem where if I am in a program seems mostly to be in games that want lots of resources my computer will suddenly freeze and an awful buzzing noise will begin to come out of my speakers NOT from the case I saw a post about something like this from a previous user but he said that the noise came from his case speaker and Continuous or beep freeze Buzz so it seems that mine is different My system specs are as follows Athlon XP GeForce Ti mb RAM GB HD Audigy Sound Card And her is my DXDiag ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name PHELPS Operating System Windows XP Professional Build xpclient - Language English Regional Setting Buzz or Continuous beep and freeze English System Manufacturer n a System Model n a BIOS Award Modular BIOS v Processor AMD Athlon TM XP MMX DNow GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX a DX Setup Parameters Silent DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab No problems found Display Tab The file nv disp dll is not digitally signed which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft s Windows Hardware Quality Labs WHQL You may be able to get a WHQL logo d driver from the hardware manufacturer Sound Tab No problems found Music Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found Network Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D n a DirectDraw retail DirectInput n a DirectMusic n a DirectPlay retail DirectSound Buzz or Continuous beep and freeze retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce Ti Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce Ti DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS F amp REV A Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Plug and Play Monitor Monitor Max Res Driver Name nv disp dll Driver Version English DDI Version or higher Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d No WHQL Date Stamp None VDD n a Mini VDD nv mini sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B E E- - CF-C - A C CB Vendor ID x DE Device ID x SubSys ID x F Revision ID x A Revision ID x A Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG B ModeMPEG C ModeMPEG D Deinterlace Caps DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech MedianFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech MedianFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech MedianFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch Registry OK DDraw Status Enabled D D Status Enabled AGP Status Enabled DDraw Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not ru... Read more

Relevancy 64.93%

I recently purchased a used Acer Aspire One netbook The netbook I opted for was the inch screen GB harddrive GB RAM version that come installed with Windows XP So the other night I get a virus on it continuous Freeze long and beep that makes it so I have to buy this company s spyware blocker or I can t even browse the internet Antivirus Live I believe it was So I followed a tutorial on bleepingcomputer to remove it I did this successfully But Freeze and long continuous beep then my computer started freezing up and then crashing while browsing the internet This was followed by a loud Freeze and long continuous beep beeping noise that continually played until I either hold the power button or yank the battery So I say screw it and freshly install Windows XP off the partition on the harddrive and the problem STILL happens I have no idea what is causing this but I think Antivirus Live should be liable Anyways any help would be appreciated I just got this thing and was loving it until this happened

A:Freeze and long continuous beep

Nobody...? Please help me!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/282461/freeze-and-long-continuous-beep/
Relevancy 64.93%

I just upgraded my system with a new Gigabyte K NS Ultra- motherboard and a AMD Athlon I have two DDR- mb sticks planning on upgrading sooner or later I placed them in slot and at first read the manual wrong about running dual channel DDR Just gave me the quot Memory not optimized quot at start-up Well I installed windows and got the computer up and running Turned it off and switched the ram stick in slot to Started the computer and got the nice quot DDR dual channel enabled quot Neat Well right before I got to the Windows loading screen the computer starts a long continuous beep It lasts for about minutes then turns off for - minutes then does it again keeps repeating I look up the beeping code in beep) (continuous DRAM Error my book and it says DRAM Error I did a DRAM Error (continuous beep) little bit of research on the internet and supposedly that error means the DRAM is not installed correctly It is installed correctly though hehe I checked dxdiag and it is showing ram Everything runs fine but I just have that long beep which is extremely annoying Any ideas Thanks nbsp

A:DRAM Error (continuous beep)

I'm confused, does the beep occur while the system is otherwsie operating normally and recognizing the full size of RAM? Or does this happen during POST?

Most dual-channel motherboards have more than one way to activate dual channel, you might be able to try more than one combination to get it working.

For DDR to work in dual channel they need to be matching pairs of sticks - same brand, model number, speed, and timings. Much like running dual processors. Sometimes you can get two different brands working but not usually...even then, sometimes two generic sticks of RAM or certain brands just don't run in dual channel. It isn't an industry-wide tech by any stretch.

The only other thing that I could think the motherboard might be complaining about is the frequency or maybe the timing of the RAM. Both of those these can be adjusted through the BIOS.

Good luck and keep us posted!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dram-error-continuous-beep.309961/
Relevancy 64.93%

what is the cause of continuous beep at startup of my laptop

A:what is the cause of continuous beep at startup of my laptop

Detex said:what is the cause of continuous beep at startup of my laptop

It mean something is not working correctly

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3129926/continuous-beep-startup-laptop.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi,

I am getting BSOD on my dell Studio 1558, I used to get this very frequently before upgrading graphics driver. After the upgrade the frequency reduced a lot. Yesterday it crashed again with BSOD, I followed instructions in post: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...e-per-day.html and traced the problem to Rapport software. Uninstalled it.. and it was fine for some time. today, Again it crashed...

This time again i enabled verifier, and waited till it crashed. Attaching the dump with verifier on. Some help to analyze this is much appreciated.

Is Windows 7 . . .
- x64 ?
- re installed using DVD provided by dell
- an OEM version

- What is the age of system (hardware)? 171 days
- What is the age of OS installation : around 3 months

Also, a thing to note is laptop heats a lot in touch pad area and bottom. CPU temperatures are around 56-78 C.

Please help.

s hegde

A:BSOD on Dell Studio 1558

It crashed again when I was writing this post.. please someone help me.. I am going mad..

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/107697-bsod-dell-studio-1558-a.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Good Evening all I own a Dell Studio Model a Studio Dell BSOD 1535 - few days back my laptop was actually having some Updates while Shutting down Suddenly it stopped and my Laptop was Shut Down Next day when I Started it the system just showed me a BSOD I tried to use Start in Safe Mode Factory restore options by Tapping F just after the start but Dell Studio 1535 - BSOD Nothing worked It continously showed me BSOD after every process Therefore I got nothing to help out even after contacting Dell as we all know a very weak response was what I got So I need a Little help out from you people If you can let me know the process of restoring my system back and giving proceedings about how to format such Laptops I never used vista before this - Anyhow I'm even attaching the BSOD error clicked by my Camera I'll be thankful if I get the Solution as soon as Possible BSOD Error Screen Thank You

A:Dell Studio 1535 - BSOD

If you are not able to see the Attached Image , Then please Right click and Open it in a new Tab =)
Thank You !

http://www.vistax64.com/software/246499-dell-studio-1535-bsod.html
Relevancy 64.93%

OS = Win 7 Home premium
x86 - 64 bit
Original Install = Win 7 Home Premium
OEM Version
System new Nov 09
OS reinstalled Aug 27, 2010 due to prior BSODs and other issues
CPU = Core I-7 920 @ 2.67 GHz
video = NVidia Geforce GTS 240
motherboard = ??
PS = ??

BSODs occur when nothing else is being done - overnight, or when I am away from the computer. All seem to have the same signature on the window that pops up on reboot

A:BSOD Dell Studio 435T

Hi -

Remove Zone Alarm with Revo Uninstaller --> http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_..._download.html

Reboot upon completion.

Update Realtek Ethernet driver -

Code:

Rt64win7.sys Fri May 22 10:52:30 2009 (4A16BC2E)

Realtek --> http://www.realtek.com/Downloads/dow...&GetDown=false

If BSODs persist, run the Driver Verifier -- http://jcgriff2.com/driver_verifier.htm

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Debug session time: Fri Sep 3 03:31:55.889 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 12:55:07.029
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Rt64win7.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Rt64win7.sys
Probably caused by : Rt64win7.sys
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F
Bugcheck code 0000009F
Arguments 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`062b1060 fffff800`00b9c518 fffffa80`0ada8390

Windows 7 x64 - BSOD Bugcheck = 0x9f (0x3,,,)

Code:

Opened log file 'C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\_99-dbug.txt'

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\090310-52541-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

DbsSplayTreeRangeMap::Add: ignoring zero-sized range at ?fffff800`00b9c500?
Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`03009000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`03246e50
Debug session time: Fri Sep 3 03:31:55.889 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 12:55:07.029
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa80062b1060, fffff80000b9c518, fffffa800ada8390}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Rt64win7.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Rt64win7.sys
Probably caused by : Rt64win7.sys

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v;r;kv;lmtn;lmtsmn;.bugcheck;.logclose;q
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
A driver is causing an inconsistent power state.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time
Arg2: fffffa80062b1060, Physical Device Object of the stack
Arg3: fffff80000b9c518, Functional Device Object of the stack
Arg4: fffffa800ada8390, The blocked IRP

Debugging Details:
------------------

DRVPOWERSTATE_SUBCODE: 3
... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-dell-studio-435t-512492.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi,

My laptop's just started playing up...three times in three days now I've had BSOD's.

Please find attached the .dmp files, any help gratefully received.

Regards,

Dave

A:Dell Studio 1747 BSOD

ZoneAlarm firewall is the cause of all three of your BSOD's

Uninstall then run the ZoneAlarm remover to clear up any leftovers.

AVG is also notorious in causing BSOD's on some Winows 7 systems. If BSOD's continue after ZoneAlarm removal, suggest uninstallng AVG, afterwards run the relevant AVG Remover for your system in Safe Mode. Download BSOD friendly Microsoft Security Essentials as its replacement.

Try to find updates for these older drivers from your PC or mobo manufacturer, or through links:

BCM42RLY.sys Wed Jul 08 01:34:55 2009 Broadcom PCI Network Adapter
bcmwl664.sys Wed Jul 08 01:45:04 2009 Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter

CtClsFlt.sys Mon Jun 15 06:06:41 2009 Creative Camera Driver

PxHlpa64.sys Wed Jun 24 00:16:35 2009 Sonic CD/DVD driver (used by many different CD/DVD programs, see list)

Rt64win7.sys Wed Jun 23 10:10:45 2010 Realtek LAN RTL811

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/137723-dell-studio-1747-bsod.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi all,
I received my laptop two days ago and for two days i got a weird, glitchy BSOD. I tried updating the graphics card drivers and BIOS yesterday but today, unfortunately, it happened again, the same weird glitch looking blue page and then a restart.
Attached are the two minidumps. Hope any of you can help me.

A:Dell Studio 1558 - BSOD once per day

The dmp(s) point to ntkrpamp.exe or ntoskrnl.exe as the probable cause. We know this is not the case, as these are core OS files, and will definitely not cause a BSOD. They are just the default files the debuggers blame when they can't see a better cause. Enable driver verifier using the following procedure..

- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

Code:

* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck C4, {91, 2, fffffa80073598b0, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+4904 )

---------

Loading User Symbols
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck C4, {91, 2, fffffa80073598b0, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+4904 )

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/105582-dell-studio-1558-bsod-once-per-day.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Ok, I JUST got my computer back a month ago from a faulty hard drive and for them to fix the BSOD... I still have the BSOD and I am about to throw this laptop through the window. The error code is BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER. I don't have anything plugged into the USB. Can someone please help, as this is starting to affect my work.

A:Dell Studio 1558 BSOD - HELP!

FWIW: The functionality of the USB drivers...has nothing to do with whether they can be a problem.They are installed natively as a part of the Windows install...any file which is installed on a running system...can develop a problem via file damage.Did you try the Dell support webpage for your system?Google ResultsI would just uninstall the USB controllers via Device Manager...then reboot the system.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/407068/dell-studio-1558-bsod-help/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have been getting the BSOD for months. Dell has recently replaced my hard drive and memory, but I am still getting the BSOD. It has only happened twice since dell was out a week ago to replace my drive and memory, but in the past it happened every day to 3 days.

I have the following computer:

Dell Studio 1557
Intel i7 cpu 720
8 GB memory
64 bit Windows 7 Professional

I have attached the info requested.

Thank you in advance for reading these files and helping me to understand what is wrong and needs to be fixed.

A:BSOD W7 Pro 64 Dell Studio 1557

I have the same troubles. Do you find a solution ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/106833-bsod-w7-pro-64-dell-studio-1557-a.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Recently I have been getting the annoying blue screen and crashes on my one month old Dell Studio 15.

Attached are the minidumps from windows. I have ran whocrashed and it has not identified the issue, other that it points to a driver.

I have not upgraded any drivers since getting the laptop new from dell, a little more than a month ago. I contacted their support and they were absolutely useless.

But I did run their diagnostics immediately after the last crash and it came through clean. I ran the memory diagnostic 5 times, and the complete system diagnostic once, including the extended drive test. All were clean and the tests overall ran for 3.5-4 hours.

I even ran the driver verifier yesterday and it did not detect anything. Since I do not know what do do with it, I turned it off for now.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone

A:BSOD on Dell Studio 15 1558

All three of your .dmp files are reporting the same cause... ntkrnlmp.exe.. As this is a core system file, we know that this is not the problem... Make sure that you have driver verifier enabled... this wlll stress the drivers, and should result in a BSOD... NOTE: It may take up to 36 hours to do, so be patient.. upload the new .dmp files when you get them...

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck A, {ffffffffffffffd0, 2, 1, fffff80002c7c2b0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiPageFault+260 )

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/100161-bsod-dell-studio-15-1558-a.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi,

I ran into a series of non responsive programs and start up issues. I have been able to fix them up till now using the start up repair in vista. Currently, the repair is failing to solve the blue screen im getting at startup. The screen flashes to fast to read it.On attempt #4 on the startup repair.

I posted on the dell forums and the only suggestion they could give was to update the BIOS. I was successful in doing so, but it turned out useless.

I have ran a memory diag, and the scn disk things. Both came out clean or repaired from what I can tell, correctly.

Any suggestions?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dell-studio-540s-vista-64-start-up-issues-416933.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Got a new laptop Dell Studio vista premium for a customer. All he is going to use it for is to test internet. He will plug it in at the telephone box outside and make surre the internet is getting there to the house. He wants it to startup as fast as it can and get to the internet as fast as it can. What I would like to no is what can it do without? what servcices can I shutdown I will run that decrapifyer program and get rid of all programs he doesn't need, but I was wondering is you have any spacific sites or no what else I can do just to make it the fastest for what he wants to use it for. He will use it for nothning but what I have outlined in the beginning. Please let me know if you would, thanks

Relevancy 64.5%

I recently acquired a new Gateway Dual Processor with GB memory Continuous Help 64-bit -- with Vista BSOD etc It brought along the version of Windows Vista Home Premium -bit with SP All seemed well for the first couple of hours until I got a blue screen I'd been trying for ages to install Spore and after I managed I thought that might have been the problem -- so I uninstalled the program fully It worked fine after that until a couple of hours later -- were I got another blue screen And I've been getting them ever since for the past two days -- every few hours or so I think the BSOD is something like this one If you could provide me with some answers as to why this might be happening or any tips Help with Vista 64-bit -- Continuous BSOD on how to fix it I'd be grateful ---- Also whenever I unplug the laptop from the charger and use it with the battery only the screen tends to get all Fuzzy every now and then Not exactly sure how to explain it

A:Help with Vista 64-bit -- Continuous BSOD

Hello LMVR, and welcome to Vista Forums.

I found this that you might go through to see if it can help.

0x0000000A

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/200219-help-vista-64-bit-continuous-bsod.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi I just installed some new ram on my computer going from 1gb (2x512mb) to 2gb (an extra 2x512mb). The memory is all Geil 512mb PC2-5300. I have tried every combination I can think of yet whenever I have the new memory installed the computer wont start and there will just be a continuous beep from my motherboard (ASUS P5nd2 -SLI). I have sent the new memory back however it was sent back to me telling me it was fine!

Does anyone have any suggestions? I would really appreciate it, thank you!

A:Installed new ram, wont start, continuous beep

Post motherboard specs. You may need to adjust the memory timings to get it to work.

Check the motherboard manufacturer's combatibility list. Some RAM will not work, or will have problems with certain motherboards.

You could have a bad RAM slot on the motherboard.

You will need to test each stick one at a time in the same slot, to make certain they will all work with the board.

Are you absolutely certain all 4 sticks are exactly the same ?

Since the old pair works, trade them out for the new pair. If the are good, and exactly the same as the old pair, they should work in the old memory slots. If they do, move them to the (previously unused) memory channel and see if the new memory will work in the new channel. if they do, then the issue is not the new memory, but using more than 2 sticks at the same time.

Then focus on getting 3 sticks to play nice.

At some point things will stop working, and indicate the direction of the problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/installed-new-ram-wont-start-continuous-beep-210136.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi guys First of all I m new here I signed up to this forum because of an issue with my little brothers s PC I ve found some threads about the issue but I wasn t able to solve it with the given information So my PC start a continuous beep. long except wont't up for brother is just playing a game and all of a sudden his PC gives a long beep and starts rebooting Unfortunatly after this incident the pc won t start up at all it s just giving this never ending beep knowing that he has an Asus p n-mx MoBo and an Award BIOS I starten looking for answeres The error should indicate that there is an issue with the installed RAM So I removed it and replaced it with a spare strip But that didn t solve the problem So I took PC wont't start up except for a long continuous beep. out the Videocard and tried to use the onboard chipset to boot up Still got the continuous beep I removed all the RAM and tried to boot up The result of that the long beep and short beeps error code as repeating loop Now I am not sure if that is the indication for a not properly installed VGA card but it said so in the beep-code list Pc specs Asus p n-mx motherboard Award BIOS Intel duo core E Ghz Corsair MB DDR Mhz RAM x GB RPMWestern digital HDD ASUS EN GT MB VGA card Windows XP Home Edition It would be great if you guys could help out with this one nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

My laptop is making a continuous single beep when I turn it on. It goes to a black screen and won't load Windows. Tried f12 but nothing happened. How do I fix it?

A:Laptop continuous single beep when turned on

Unplug the system, remove or disconnect  the battery and hold the power button for 30 seconds.  Remove and reinstall both memory modules if they're removeable.
If that doesn't solve the problem, you have a bad main system board.
If you require further information we'll need the model information (i.e., XPS L322x, Inspiron N5110, etc.).

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994662
Relevancy 64.5%

My son's PC crashed whilst he was using it the other day and he had to hard shut down (holding in the power button). Now it will not start, it simply gives a continual beep and shows a black screen with a flashing cursor.
The pc has an Intel i3 processor, an ASUS P8H61-M LE motherboard. We have already tried new RAM sticks in case the RAM had failed but that made no difference.
Any ideas - could it be hard drive failure? How can we tell?

A:Continuous beep and black screen with cursor

More likely to be a component failure than HDD. Beep codes should point to exact problem, listen carefully, does it match any of those listed below?
One short beep - VGA detected, No keyboard detected
Two short beeps - When using Crashfree to recover BIOS, the new BIOS is successfully recognized.
One continuous beep followed by two short beeps then a pause (repeated) - No memory detected
One continuous beep followed by three short beeps - No VGA detected
One continuous beep followed by four short beeps - Failure of Hardware component

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/continuous-beep-black-screen-cursor-4596998/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi, My Acer x3810 went blank screen with cursor and gave 1 continuous beep when I clicked on a file in my usb flash drive. Recovery process finishes when I run the recovery disks, but on restart goes back to beeping with cursor. It powers up and beeps continuously with blank screen. OS is Vista

A:blank screen with cursor and 1 continuous beep

Check the RAM with this memory tester: http://www.memtest86.com/

Click "Downloads" then click the first link in the list: ISO image for creating bootable CD (Windows - zip)

Unzip it and you will see an ISO file which is a CD-image file. Use IMGBURN to create a CD from the ISO file.
IMGBURN is here: http://filehippo.com/download_imgburn/

Boot your PC from the CD and run the test for at least five passes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blank-screen-with-cursor-and-1-continuous-beep.992146/
Relevancy 64.5%

Howdy Windows XP student edition upgrade whatever I m running a Celeron GHz processor Radeon excalibur graphics card DDR ram x so a GIG Gigabyte Windows Unexpected continuous + Freezing beep mother board Cyclone Power supply W Vibra soundcard if more info Unexpected Windows Freezing + continuous beep is needed please ask My computer has recently started freezing unexpectedly and the first occurances were whilst playing the only game i play Counter Strike Source I thought it was just some random problem so i restarted and the computer froze when it got to the little windows is loading stage with the moving bar I freaked out and turned it off and came back about minutes later and the computer started up again fine I decided to test it a little running simple MSN and windows media player WMP and it works fine no problems I turned MSN and WMP off and logged into a server on CS S and about minutes into the game the computer freezes the screen blackens sometimes retains the last image on screen and the speakers output a continuous beeping sound which can be ceased by turning speakers off Now it s really scaring me because i m on holidays and i ve still got another week of nothing to do CS is my last resort for boredem after my work and it s a cheap way for someone my age to amuse themselves If you ve ever encountered this before please help me Thankyou P S This problem ALSO occured on my previous machine i replaced mother board RAM Processor with identical specs possibly different model purchased within months of eachother Graphics card and the only remaining hardware are the GIG harddrives one of which the one with windows OS was completely formatted and the other with my music and games was left because i didn t expect it to have a problem and let s face it who wants to rip all their CD s back onto their computer The Power Supply was also not changed and neither was the Box nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

So I have this HP Pavilion thats not mine, but I'm trying to fix it for a friend. It doesn't power on. I just gives one long beep, and pauses and beeps again ... and continues to do so. According to the HP website 1 beep means "The memory refresh circuitry on the baseboard is faulty". Can anyone confirm or deny this? If this is correct ... new motherboard? Any help soon would be much appreciated.

A:HP Pavilion 734n Continuous beep, no startup

Take out the memory and see if the beep code changes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-734n-continuous-beep-no-startup.447180/
Relevancy 64.5%

my asus a8v deluxe based computer works fine, completely funtional. however, ever since i built it, whenever it is turned off, the motherboard will eventually start making a continuous beep that never stops until i turn the computer on again. whats going on??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-continuous-beep-when-comp-turned-off.30908/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi guys i was trying to surf the net about mins ago on my computer when all of a sudden the power just turned right off i initially thought black out but none of the other computers crashed And then my computer tried to restart and it seemed like the power kept on cutting on and off so i turned the PSU off at the back waited turned back on and restarted and i just get the continuous beeps and the screen flashes a message saying i havent plugged in the power on my AGP But there is lights on the AGP bios crash, beep Random continuous and everything else starts running The fan on the graphics card runs and everything I unplugged every cable from the PSU and reconnected the AGP is still snug in its slot Computer is about - months old all parts purchased separately and i installed there has not been any problems until now Antec sonata smartpower PSU W which has only PCIe power cable Gigabyte GA- P-DS mobo Gecube XTXD-VIE mb radeon PCIe Intel Core DUO E GHz MHz FSB MB L cache GB Western Digital HDD SATA rpm GB GSkill x GB DDR - - - F - PHU - GBHZ Benq inch monitor Samsung xDVD DL oem Optical drive Nortons Internet Secruity updated when it booted bout mins before the crash Any more info you Random crash, bios continuous beep want i am more than willing to provide Thank you in advanced Tom nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

i keep getting the BSOD when ever im using my computer, i have reformatted it and it still occurs here is a copy of what windows says once it has restarted: also below is the files it lists in a .zip file any help would be appreciated

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 3081

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 3b
BCP1: 00000000C0000005
BCP2: FFFFF80002F3435F
BCP3: FFFFF8800CAC4C50
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\011413-21496-01.dmp
C:\Users\Daryl\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-45645-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

A:BSOD Keeps Happening on Dell Studio 540 Desktop

Ok three things that i noticed right off the bat, the crash dumps are pointing to memory corruption as the prime cause so I would like you to run through this tutorial:

Memtest86+

let it run for at least 8 passes if you can more (best to let it run overnight) then post back the results.

The second thing I noticed was your BIOS is rather out of date I would check the manufacturer's website and see if there is an update

Code:
BIOS Release Date 08/25/2009
And the third is that you have the drivers for Daemon tools, which is known to cause BSODs If you still have Daemon tools installed uninstall it and then download and run this tool if the uninstall box is grayed out then the uninstall is complete if not click the uninstall button and let the tool do its job.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/273839-bsod-keeps-happening-dell-studio-540-desktop.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello,

I just had my laptop repaired (faulty motherboard, took several repairs to finally make it work), and now it has been running for about a week - no problems whatsoever, until today - two BSODs. First one did not produce any dump file, but the second one did. I'm attaching it.

OS is Windows 7 64bit Ultimate. BlueScreenView says this BSOD is related to ntoskrln.exe. I believe I had this kind of BSOD like 2 years ago, it turned out to be something with faulty Ethernet card drivers. I think so (don't remember exactly). Since then, there was no BSOD whatsoever.

I'm not sure if this is somehow related to the new motherboard, or just a coincidence?

I'm attaching dump file. If any additional info is needed, please tell.

A:[SOLVED] BSOD on Dell Studio 1555

Another one just happened - with a different message. Took 4 tries to restart computer (it just stuck every time on splash screen, worked only when I ran it on battery, and plugged in later)

Attaching dump.

Please help, I feel my laptop might not load next time, I have to figure out what is causing this.

P.S. Another BSOD. in safe mode. may crash any moment. please help, this is urgent.

P.P.S. And another one. Removed battery, now running only on AC power. Seems to work... For now. Please help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-bsod-on-dell-studio-1555-a-692562.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Specs:
Dell Studio 1558 Laptop
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1
4GB of RAM
200GB free disk space (500GB drive)

Had a few BSODs the last few days. The only one I caught was a BAD_POOL_CALL, while the others were realized by opening the laptop out of sleep/hibernate and instead of resuming Windows, I get the dreadful full reboot with "Windows did not shut down normally".

Attached is all the crash info, etc...

Thanks for all your help in advance!
Evan

A:BSOD On Dell Studio 1558 Laptop

Quote: Originally Posted by wxforecaster

Specs:
Dell Studio 1558 Laptop
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1
4GB of RAM
200GB free disk space (500GB drive)

Had a few BSODs the last few days. The only one I caught was a BAD_POOL_CALL, while the others were realized by opening the laptop out of sleep/hibernate and instead of resuming Windows, I get the dreadful full reboot with "Windows did not shut down normally".

Attached is all the crash info, etc...

Thanks for all your help in advance!
Evan

Both were Related to NETw5s64.sys Wireless WiFi Link Driver from Intel Corporation. I would re-install with newest available from Intel. Yours from early 2009

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/180825-bsod-dell-studio-1558-laptop.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Out of the blue i got stuck on a BSOD after that my screen stays black This system was running Windows for year So BSOD Studio Dell atikmpag 1558 i thought a driver conflict and preformed a clean install To accomplish this i had to use a VGA monitor as i have a black screen A couple of times it helped removing the battery and push the power button for seconds to get my screen back When hitting the D key when turning on the laptop i get RGB color output on the screen that confirms the screen is still working After installing the AMD driver from the DELL Support site it asks me to restart After the BSOD Dell Studio 1558 atikmpag restart i get the BSOD When i go in safe-mode and remove the driver from the device manager the BSOD is gone I tried this BSOD Fix but it does not work in my situation Windows has all the updates and i installed the latest BSOD Dell Studio 1558 atikmpag chipset driver form the DELL Support site System info Dell Studio Servicetag D RJ M Windows Home Premium x SP For the clean install i did not use the recovery i preformed a clean install I assume both problems black screen and bsod are connected

A:BSOD Dell Studio 1558 atikmpag

It has been a week, no one who could help me out?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-dell-studio-1558-atikmpag-902274.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi,
i'm an italian boy, this is my first thread in sevenforums.
My Notebook often restart with a BSoD, i've posting in zip in allegate the occurence do help me.
can be the monitor?
Because, often the BSoD start when i open or close my notebook's monitor.
Help me, please.

A:BSOD often, on my dell studio 1558, bccode fe, when i do something

Code:

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Mike\Downloads\BSODDmpFiles\giovix89\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\120511-18844-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\users\mike\documents\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.17640.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02e16000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`0305b670
Debug session time: Mon Dec 5 06:56:30.410 2011 (UTC - 7:00)
System Uptime: 1 days 22:36:55.530
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck FE, {8, 6, 5, fffffa8007ef2160}

*** Your debugger is not using the correct symbols ***
*** In order for this command to work properly, your symbol path ***
*** must point to .pdb files that have full type information. ***
*** Certain .pdb files (such as the public OS symbols) do not ***
*** contain the required information. Contact the group that ***
*** provided you with these symbols if you need this command to ***
*** work. ***
*** Type referenced: usbport!_DEVICE_EXTENSION ***
*** Your debugger is not using the correct symbols ***
*** In order for this command to work properly, your symbol path ***
*** must point to .pdb files that have full type information. ***
*** Certain .pdb files (such as the public OS symbols) do not ***
*** contain the required information. Contact the group that ***
*** provided you with these symbols if you need this command to ***
*** work. ***
*** Type referenced: usbhub!_DEVICE_EXTENSION_HUB ***
*** ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/205224-bsod-often-my-dell-studio-1558-bccode-fe-when-i-do-something.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello I've been getting these crashes from time to time beginning the day after I received my new Dell PC They seem to happen when I'm watching videos on the web or playing games although that could be a coincidence as I do a lot of both those things I spoke to Dell support today but I'm not totally confident in Dell BSOD XPS 8100 Occasional on Studio the resolution they Occasional BSOD on Dell Studio XPS 8100 gave me which was to reinstall windows after they send me my drivers disk but from what I understand Bluescreens caused by ntoskrnl exe are hardware-related Basic information - x -bit or x x Home Premium - the original installed OS on the system Original - an OEM or full retail version OEM - What is the age of system hardware weeks old refurbished - What is the age of OS installation weeks original installation Thank you for any help you can provide I'll be monitoring the thread to answer any questions you helpful folks might have

A:Occasional BSOD on Dell Studio XPS 8100

Dumps blame a hardware error triggered by win32k.sys, you have probably a defective RAM or GPU
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try
RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Code:
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa800661d028, fa000000, 400405}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\win32k.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : hardware

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/146040-occasional-bsod-dell-studio-xps-8100-a.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hey guys Im pretty good at fixing computers but today My own laptio decided to not bootup and gives me the Dell Laptop weird ~ BSOD XPS on Studio BSOD second after seeing the windows logo loading after bios flash Last night It worked fine The blue screen error says quot BSOD on Dell Studio XPS Laptop ~ weird A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer Check if there are viruses on your computer Run CHKDSK F to check for hard drive errors Technical Information STOP x B So I tried startup repair cmd promt and when irun chkdsk it says the media is write protected and the BSOD on Dell Studio XPS Laptop ~ weird drive is locked or something like that In regular chkdsk it said there was a couple bad sectors missing But not only does that not work neither do the usb ports I cannot backup my data using linux I dual boot win and ubuntu using WUBI and yeah the usb ports just dont work either DELL STUDIO XPS LAPTOP Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:BSOD on Dell Studio XPS Laptop ~ weird

Hi,

If you can get into Safe Mode please follow the http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ml#post2545708

Attach the .zip file to your next post in this thread.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-on-dell-studio-xps-laptop-weird-537755.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Alrighty I ve got a bit of a perplexing problem My Four ish month old laptop has taken on a new annoying bad habit Occasionally when left to idle for longer than about minutes it ll quietly blue screen restart itself to the user selection screen and then be completely fine However it isn t consistently BSoDing Often I can leave it set for hours and hours while I do chores or work on something else and it will happily sit still and wait for my return On the flip side it never BSoDs when I m using it On days when I have to do a lot of work or even extended WoW sessions with friends it runs like clockwork for hours on end I ve never had any major errors I frequently scan for spyware adaware viruses avast and nothing other than a few cookies in adaware ever comes up My computer s temperature consistently runs between F- F and if idling usually between - I can t recall downloading or installing anything that would cause this While it isn t a major concern it is annoying and BSoDs are actually kind of serious I checked to see if it was that silly screensaver that a few people on here had talked about and unfortunately it isn t Apparently I m actually BSoDing Any tips tricks Dell Studio/Vista idle crashes computer 64bit when questions and or advice would be greatly appreciated PS I figured due to the peculiar nature of this crashing that it is probably a security issue rather than Dell Studio/Vista 64bit computer crashes when idle something hardware related If anyone feels that this belongs in a different category feel free to ask me to repost or move the thread to another section Anything that will help me fix this annoyance would be amazing nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-studio-vista-64bit-computer-crashes-when-idle.873520/
Relevancy 64.07%

So today I was caching up on the Olympics through the BBC and my laptop turned itself off It does sometimes anyway through over heating and has always in the two years I have owned it Its a Dell Studio bit Vista Home Now when I reboot I receive this message Windows failed to Vista Dell Studio Start Windows 1555 Fail start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause To ficlx the problem Insert your windows installation disk and restart your computer Choose your language settings and then click quot Next quot Click quot Repair your computer quot If you do not have this disc contact your system administrator other computer manufacturer Windows Vista Dell Studio 1555 Fail Start for assistance File Windows system drivers msisadrv system Status xc Info Windows failed to load because a critical system driver is missing or corrupt This has happened to me before because of updating itunes which I understand Could someone please tell me the reason this time I did not expect Iplayer to cause difficulties I never received any kids of disks for my laptop and I would appreciate if anyone knew of any was I could save all of my personal files if it needs to be wiped then if someone could suggest how that'd be awesome

A:Windows Vista Dell Studio 1555 Fail Start

Welcome

The reason that you are getting the warning is PROBABLY due to the fact that the shut down caused Hard Drive Damage. If it is not too serious we will be able to save your stuff and get you up and running again. If so you should make a hard drive test and an chhkdsk. We will show you how. First get your stuff. If the hard drive damage is bad you will not be able to load this:
Use Ubuntu Live CD to Backup Files from Your Dead Windows Computer - How-To Geek

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/297256-windows-vista-dell-studio-1555-fail-start.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi anyone can please give me the link to download the drivers for the missing one below The below are the Hardware IDs I have base system device missing one erthernet one network and one SM bus controller missing Thanks erthernet PCI VEN E amp DEV amp SUBSYS BE amp REV PCI VEN E amp DEV amp SUBSYS BE PCI VEN E amp DEV amp CC PCI VEN E amp DEV amp CC network controller PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS Vista missing for Window Dell 1555 Studio Drivers for PCI VEN amp DEV amp CC PCI VEN amp DEV amp CC SM bus controller PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS BE amp REV PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS BE PCI Drivers for Window Vista for Dell Studio 1555 missing VEN amp DEV amp CC C PCI VEN amp DEV amp CC C st base system device PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS BE amp REV PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS BE PCI VEN amp DEV amp CC PCI VEN amp DEV amp CC nd base PCI VEN amp DEV amp Drivers for Window Vista for Dell Studio 1555 missing SUBSYS BE amp REV PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS BE PCI VEN amp DEV amp CC PCI VEN amp DEV amp CC rd base PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS BE amp REV PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS BE PCI VEN amp DEV amp CC PCI VEN amp DEV amp CC

A:Drivers for Window Vista for Dell Studio 1555 missing

The first place to look for drivers for your Dell is at the Dell support website located here: http://support.dell.com/support/down...=us&l=en&s=gen The Base Devices are the Ricoh card reader drivers.

You can also look up the devices at http://www.pcidatabase.com and from there, visit the device manufacturer's website for the drivers

FWIW, here's what I found (Caveat - make SURE that the drivers that you download are compatible with your Operating System):
ethernet
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_1698
Chip Number: BCM5784M
Chip Description: NetLink
Notes: Use one Nec LaVieG, see http://www.broadcom.com/support/ethe...etlink_k57.php

network controller
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4232
Chip Number: Intel? WiFi Link 5100
Chip Description: Carte Intel? WiFi Link 5100 AGN
Notes: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/confirm.aspx

SM bus controller
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2930
Chip Number: 8086
Chip Description: Intel(R) ICH9 Family SMBus Controller - http://www.downloadatoz.com/driver/d...iver_64932.htm
Notes: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2930&SUBSYS_50011458&REV_02\3&13C0B0C5&0&FB

1st base system device
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592
Chip Number: 13171043
Chip Description: Ricoh Memory Stick Host Controller
Notes: http://ftp.us.dell.com/chipset/R141246.EXE

2nd base
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0843
Chip Number: R5C853
Chip Description: Ricoh SD/MMC Host Controller
Notes: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp36001-36500/sp36254.exe

3rd base
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0852
Chip Number: 01cf1028
Chip Description: Ricoh xD-Picture Card Host Controller;0852h xd picture card controller
Notes: ne bilim

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/drivers-for-window-vista-for-dell-studio-1555-missing-426044.html
Relevancy 63.64%

My PC gives a very long beep when it starts up. But it does start up. More over, it automaticall types the / character in the password field sometimes.
sometimes behaves upnormally by not letting to type any character....
Y is it so?

A:Beep Sound while Booting Dell Inspiron 1525 windows vista home basic

Try running the Dell Diagnostics Test (the full version) to see if it detects any problems. Here's how: How to Run the Dell. If it does, contact Dell Support for assistance (there's a link near the bottom of the above article).

I hope this helps. If the test comes back completely clean, then post back and we'll try something else (or if your computer is still under warranty, contact Dell Support anyway as they should be happy to assist you and know more about your computer than we do).

Good luck!

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/283207-beep-sound-while-booting-dell-inspiron-1525-windows-vista-home-basic.html
Relevancy 63.64%

i have HP Compaq pro 6300 sff, it refuse to boot, i keep getting 4 continuous beep and it blinking red. Please what could have happen and how can i resolve it?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/System-wont-startup-with-continuous-4-beep-and-blinking-red/td-p/5640833
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi all, I have bought HP Pavilion G6 about 4 years back. Now while turned on the continuous beep sound is coming but after while the system will open. After turned on the cursor would not , if i press "ESC" key the cursor becomes active and again some error sound will come and it will not work properly. There is a lag while using the touch pad and also  If i delete the file it is not deleting. Please suggest if i can do anything for that problem before carrying to the service center.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/continuous-beep-sound-while-turning-on-and-mouse-cursor-is/td-p/5652958
Relevancy 63.64%

i have HP Compaq pro 6300 sff, it refuse to boot, i keep getting 4 continuous beep and it blinking red. Please what could have happen and how can i resolve it?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/System-wont-startup-with-continuous-4-beep-and-blinking-red/td-p/5640833
Relevancy 63.64%

switch the power on and nothing happens except for a continuous beeping. any ideas?
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 98 Second Edition (H3660) [WIN98SE]

MOTHERBOARD: RM Aopen MX36LE MicroATX VIA Apollo PLE133 Chipset [MX36LE]

CPU: Celeron 800MHz KNI (100MHz Front Side Bus)

RAM: 64MB (SDRAM) (upgraded to 256mb)

VIDEO: VGA Integrated Via VT8601 [_ATRI2D]
SOUND: Integrated AC97 Audio (AD1885 CODEC) [0AVIAC97]

Relevancy 63.64%

HI Long time no see friends My beloved I is acting up probably some sort of Alzheimer or similar Here is what happened will try to be short Initially freeze POST during on Inspiron and 570 beep continuous boot I was using PCIE SATA card to attach more HDDs to the system then SATA card died Inspiron 570 continuous beep on boot and freeze during POST already second in this PC so I decided to remove all extra HDDs sitting in the case Did all standard precautions including grounding etc In order to remove HDDs I had to clear MOBO of a lot of cables and remove GPU Long story short after I put everything back together and attempted to boot up I got long continuous beep and WIN sliding bar freezes almost at the end no further activity just a long beep BIOS was not accessible as well So I removed GPU pull out MOBO pin PSU cable removed CMOS battery did multiple sec press and hold power button thing left everything dead completely for about minutes - completely reset system clock and all BIOS settings to default Also swap RAM I have sticks in slots and places Put everything back fired up went to BIOS and fixed everything DONE rebooted and everything went back to normal Multiple restarts were OK did also a few cold reboots with some minutes apart - all seems to be normal Turn it off for a day or so Now problem is back again like nothing happened Please help if someone actually can I checked multiple thread here and all over the WEB My keyboard is clean RAM was resettled all connectors are firmly attached This doesn t make any sense My last resort would be changing CMOS battery will do it today later when I purchase new CR batteries I also noticed that CMOS battery slot doesn t hold battery tight battery is a bit loose moving a bit in the slot could it be also a problem So what else can kill boot up if it was running well after restarts but would not POST and produce continuous beep after been disconnected turned off for a prolonged period of time Any other ideas Thanks in advance as usual

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19994173
Relevancy 63.64%

hi
for the past 1 month i am getting BSOD during video playback and playing games.

sys details

laptop : dell studio xps 1645
processor : I7-720QM,1.6,6MB,CLF,B1
4GB (2x2GB) 1333MHz Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM
gpu : ATI Mobility RADEON(R) HD 4670 - 1GB
battery info : 9 call battery with 130 watt adapter
Antivirus : Norton internet security 2010

date of purchase : 09-01-2010

system and anti virus is upto date with update,drivers ..etc..
attached the required details Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2 and perfmon/report along with this thread .

kindly please look into this issue and let me know whether its windows update r hardware issues thats causing the problem ..

let me know if some more details r needed

Thanks
mahes S

A:BSOD during video playback in my dell studio xps [win 7 64 prof ]

Quote: Originally Posted by mystarrocks

hi
for the past 1 month i am getting BSOD during video playback and playing games.

sys details

laptop : dell studio xps 1645
processor : I7-720QM,1.6,6MB,CLF,B1
4GB (2x2GB) 1333MHz Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM
gpu : ATI Mobility RADEON(R) HD 4670 - 1GB
battery info : 9 call battery with 130 watt adapter
Antivirus : Norton internet security 2010

date of purchase : 09-01-2010

system and anti virus is upto date with update,drivers ..etc..
attached the required details Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2 and perfmon/report along with this thread .

kindly please look into this issue and let me know whether its windows update r hardware issues thats causing the problem ..

let me know if some more details r needed

Thanks
mahes S

Ok, where to start
1-SPTD.SYS. a huge cause of BSOD'S. used in daemon tools/alcohol120
ASACPI.sys Sun Mar 27 22:30:36 2005

Quote:
The 2005 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.
Please visit this link: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support- download_item_mkt
Scroll down to the Utilities category, then scroll down to the "ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Windows 7 32&64-bit " (it's about the 8th item down).
Download and install it.
Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers to check and make sure that the ASACPI.sys file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (NOT 2005).

2-Symantec. remove and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials and thw win 7 firewall

Download and run the Norton Removal Tool to uninstall your Norton product | Norton Support

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

3-your video driver needs to be re-installed using these instructions.

When upgrading your graphic driver you MUST remove all traces of the current driver. In order to do that we recommend using Guru3D - Driver Sweeper

When it is removed then download and install the fresh copy.
when these are done we may be able to find any additional problems
Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/124560-bsod-during-video-playback-my-dell-studio-xps-win-7-64-prof.html
Relevancy 63.64%

hi there,
I just received an old Studio XPS. It ran fine until the start of this week, when I was watching an online video, it just crashed. I tried to restart, force power off completely and re-turn on to no available, everytime, a blue screen came up say something fault with the display...
So then, I tried to boot into safemode instead, and it was fine(i'm using it right now, still in safemode though), but not it the normal window booting.
I tried to update the latest driver from ATI 4650, but I don't know, it can't be installed under safemode. Please help

the laptop is running Windows 7 Professional 32bit

A:BSOD everytime boot into window 7 on Dell Studio XPS

Your Broadcom NetLink (TM) Gigabit Ethernet NDIS6.x Unified Driver is the cause
Update it Dell - Drivers and Downloads
Note that old models no longer receive new updates

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000005, memory referenced
Arg2: 00000002, IRQL
Arg3: 00000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: 9524c56d, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------
READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from 82da9718
Unable to read MiSystemVaType memory at 82d89160

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:
k57nd60x+2856d
9524c56d 8a08 mov cl,byte ptr [eax]

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1

TRAP_FRAME: 807e0ae8 -- (.trap 0xffffffff807e0ae8)
ErrCode = 00000000
eax=00000005 ebx=87d21000 ecx=0000000b edx=000001ff esi=87fd9000 edi=00000001
eip=9524c56d esp=807e0b5c ebp=807e0bc0 iopl=0 nv up ei pl zr na pe nc
cs=0008 ss=0010 ds=0023 es=0023 fs=0030 gs=0000 efl=00010246
k57nd60x+0x2856d:
9524c56d 8a08 mov cl,byte ptr [eax] ds:0023:00000005=??
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 9524c56d to 82c8782b

STACK_TEXT:
807e0ae8 9524c56d badb0d00 000001ff 807c4120 nt!KiTrap0E+0x2cf
WARNING: Stack unwind information not available. Following frames may be wrong.
807e0bc0 95226cef 00000000 00000001 00000000 k57nd60x+0x2856d
807e0be4 95226f56 00000000 867da0e0 853c3ca8 k57nd60x+0x2cef
807e0bf8 952270fb 87d21000 00000000 807e0c40 k57nd60x+0x2f56
807e0c10 8b280301 87d21000 00000000 00000000 k57nd60x+0x30fb
807e0c50 8b22b9f4 853c3d9c 003c3ca8 00000000 ndis!ndisMiniportDpc+0xda
807e0c78 82ca93b5 853c3d9c 853c3ca8 00000000 ndis!ndisInterruptDpc+0xaf
807e0cd4 82ca9218 807c4120 807c9800 00000000 nt!KiExecuteAllDpcs+0xf9
807e0d20 82ca9038 00000000 0000000e 2d58654b nt!KiRetireDpcList+0xd5
807e0d24 00000000 0000000e 2d58654b 3a69524e nt!KiIdleLoop+0x38
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
k57nd60x+2856d
9524c56d 8a08 mov cl,byte ptr [eax]

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 1

SYMBOL_NAME: k57nd60x+2856d

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: k57nd60x

IMAGE_NAME: k57nd60x.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 49f44427

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0xD1_k57nd60x+2856d

BUCKET_ID: 0xD1_k57nd60x+2856d

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/173736-bsod-everytime-boot-into-window-7-dell-studio-xps.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi I experience very frequent BSOD Most are due to same reason at least that is what I see from the BlueScreenView report I get In most cases the bug check string is quot DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL quot the bug check code is x d and the quot caused Frequent Dell BSOD, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Studio, Win7, by driver quot Frequent BSOD, Dell Studio, Win7, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is quot msahci sys quot quot casued by address quot is quot msahci sys quot or quot msahci sys eae quot This is a Dell Studio bits came with Vista After many BSOD's I replaced the Vista with Win Frequent BSOD, Dell Studio, Win7, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL but Frequent BSOD, Dell Studio, Win7, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL it didnt help I also experience many cases in which windows get stuck and then ctrl alt del release it but I'm not sure it is related to the BSOD I already run many memory checks with no issues found OS - Windows Ultimate SP bits machine Originally installed OS was Vista I think OEM version but not sure Hardware is two and a half years old The windows was installed few months ago CPU - Intel core duo T GHz System Manufacturer - Dell Dell Studio Will be glad for any help I was trying to upload the needed zip file but with no success I'll try again later

A:Frequent BSOD, Dell Studio, Win7, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Finally able to load the needed zip file with all the required reports.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/frequent-bsod-dell-studio-win7-driver_irql_not_less_or_equal-598277.html
Relevancy 63.64%

ISSUE Windows - Studio 7 BSOD (64 - bit) Dell 116 BugCheck - 1558 BSOD BugCheck fffffa bcab fffff c ERROR Module load completed BSOD - Windows 7 (64 bit) - Dell Studio 1558 - BugCheck 116 but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag sys Probably caused by atikmpag sys atikmpag c Followup MachineOwner VIDEO TDR FAILURE Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed FAULTING IP atikmpag c fffff c ec sub rsp h DEFAULT BUCKET ID GRAPHICS DRIVER TDR FAULT BUGCHECK STR x I bought this machine in July and I have been having BSOD and Black screen issues ever since I have been on the phone with DELL times Two times they had me run a hardware test and the test always comes back with no issues I have attached a DUMP file as well as a mini dump file from a recent system crash BSOD When the machine goes Black and reboots I get a mini dump but no full dump file The Dell support folks are all over the map on this issue and have given me no satisfaction On e time they told me it was a virus and they would charge me to clean the machine I am running a good virus scanner and I am quite sure it is not a virus Another BSOD - Windows 7 (64 bit) - Dell Studio 1558 - BugCheck 116 time they told me to restore my machine to the original factory system but I am reluctant to do that since I have donwloaded a lot of software and customized the machine I also have purchased and religously used the Dell Data Safe Local Backup premium package The Dell support folks are clueless about the back up and restore of this package They have no idea what it will restore I have updated the BIOS and drivers ATI Driver file R exe Any help would be greatly appreciated The error I get is Quote BugCheck fffffa bcab fffff c ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag sys Probably caused by atikmpag sys atikmpag c Followup MachineOwner Quote STACK COMMAND bugcheck kb FOLLOWUP IP atikmpag c fffff c ec sub rsp h SYMBOL NAME atikmpag c FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME atikmpag IMAGE NAME atikmpag sys DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP b a a FAILURE BUCKET ID X x IMAGE atikmpag sys BUCKET ID X x IMAGE atikmpag sys Followup MachineOwner

A:BSOD - Windows 7 (64 bit) - Dell Studio 1558 - BugCheck 116

Read this thread .. it applies specifically to the error you are getting...

STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/122061-bsod-windows-7-64-bit-dell-studio-1558-bugcheck-116-a.html
Relevancy 63.21%

SYSTEM INFORMATION OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU E GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc K J - Studio VERY runs 1909 One Windows very - slow Vista suddenly Dell A CN L S Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled PROBLEM I recently went on vacation While I was Dell Studio One 1909 - Windows Vista - very suddenly runs VERY slow gone for a month my computer wasn t used at all In fact it was unplugged etc When I left my system was running perfectly Pages loaded quickly downloads were lightning fast Since I ve been back however my computer suddenly runs VERY slowly At times it is painfully slow - Pages take minutes to load or time out - Simple tasks like looking at photos on facebook are essentially impossible given the ridiculously slow speed - I have been completely unable to download anything at all The downloads don t even get to with hour passing I ll try to get a HiJackThis log to post here as well but at present I m unable to get it to load in Vista Any help that anyone could provide would be great I ll try amp reboot now amp get that HiJackThis log to post as well nbsp

A:Dell Studio One 1909 - Windows Vista - very suddenly runs VERY slow

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-studio-one-1909-windows-vista-very-suddenly-runs-very-slow.1015555/
Relevancy 63.21%

I've been everywhere and done everything there is on the web to try and fix this, but I just can't seem to get it.
At first, the computer was sluggish, then the sound went out, i was on paltalk asking for help, they had me update my drivers, I got SOME sound back(windows noises,iTunes,windows media player all work), BUT no sounds on the internet... Also, Internet Explorer usually doesnt show up in my volume mixer
ive done just about everything from the registry wavemapper file, to uninstalling the drives, to system restore, resetting internet options.
Please, any other help would be great! thank you!

A:Sound Mixer/ Youtube Problems Vista 64 bit(Dell Studio 1555)

the only thing i can say is if u have vista a lot of things dont seem to play well with it.i also have a dell studio 1555 and mine came with vista too but after 2 weeks i said enough and put windows xp pro in it.and i have havent had anymore problems since.im sure someone will be by to offer more assistance but if u want to switch to xp pro or home there are xp drivers for that model of computer.hope this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-mixer-youtube-problems-vista-64-bit-dell-studio-1555.991896/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi My KERNEL Dell 1555, Crashes Window Vista, - Studio Frequent computer running on Vista has had frequent Window closures for the past month The message says something about KERNEL It flashes off the screen and begins to reboot before I can read the whole message It seems to do it when I am online I do a lot of writing offline and it doesn't seem to happen then I fell down some steps in December while Dell Studio 1555, Vista, Frequent Window Crashes - KERNEL carrying my open computer The computer hit the concrete floor and killed my hard drive A new hard drive was installed It's been running OK but slowly since then until these recent closures began happening Dell Studio 1555, Vista, Frequent Window Crashes - KERNEL about a month ago With instruction I ran an sfc which came back clean I also ran a chkdsk which came back with one critical error I think I am not computer savvy and I am working with someone who is to try to resolve the problem before I purchase upgraded RAM for my computer I need to know if I have a hardware problem that might mean a new computer or if this problem is fixable Please help Thanks tncatsitter

A:Dell Studio 1555, Vista, Frequent Window Crashes - KERNEL

Please provide this information so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/
While waiting for a reply, get started with these free diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582971/dell-studio-1555-vista-frequent-window-crashes-kernel/
Relevancy 63.21%

Well yesterday I was mindlessly updating my itunes just the normal 32bit Studio Vista Dell Windows Start Failed To 1555 moving remaining song etc when my laptop shut off unexpectedly This Windows Vista 32bit Dell Studio 1555 Failed To Start has happened before over the last two years due to over heating Windows Vista 32bit Dell Studio 1555 Failed To Start and it was very very hot at the time Now when it's witched back on I receive this message Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause To fix Windows Vista 32bit Dell Studio 1555 Failed To Start the problem Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer Choose your language settings and then click 'next' Click 'repair your computer' File Windows System drivers volsnap sys Status xc Info Windows failed to load because critical system driver is missing or corrupt So There's been no changes to my system in months-it's been working amazingly and I never received any kind of disk with the laptop when I bought it-not sure where to get those then I'm not overly up on the idea of paying for something I was supposed to be given when I paid for the laptop so alternatives would be appreciated I've tried quite a few methods already f which doesn't give me a repair option other f keys which seem to just lead back to the same screen even had a go at creating a vista recovery disk which hasn't seemed to work unless I'm doing it wrong So yeah any help would be appreciated I can't seem to find answers anywhere

A:Windows Vista 32bit Dell Studio 1555 Failed To Start

Welcome
I may have a solution. You will lose your stuff, however. If you have stuff to save post and I will tell you how. If you just want the computer fixed, give this a try:
Ctrl + F11 or F8 - Access Dell computers Dell System Restore (DSR) partition on many different models.
If it works, you are restored to the way the computer was the day that you purchased it. You have to reinstall your programs, updates, SPs etc.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/296655-windows-vista-32bit-dell-studio-1555-failed-start.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi
I am having inspiron 14r and I am facing some issue with it recently.
After starting my laptop, it works fine for 4-5 minute. After that continuous beep sound is coming.
It is very loud
Please help me.
Also, there is no problem with the screen or other software in the lappy. Only the continuous loud beep sound starts and after that laptop gets hanged.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19985171
Relevancy 63.21%

hello.. i'm new here... and i need some help... my computer is AMD Athlon 850Mhz... i'm using genious keyboard and a4tech mouse... 3 days ago, we decided to replace both since they are old enough to retire... so we bought a brand new generic keyboard and generic optical mouse, but after installing these devices during startup (counting and detecting devices) i'm hearing a continuous beep sound and it will stop when entering windows xp but i keyboard and mouse are not functional... please help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/continuous-beep-after-installing-new-generic-keyboard-and-optical-mouse.737129/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello, my pc (specs below) often freezes, after which turning it off is the only option, or it shuts down without warning, after which it will try to reboot. Upon rebooting there is often a loud continuous beep and the pc won't start up. This problem occurs almost exclusively within 15 minutes of booting up, and once it happens it will occur several times. Sometimes it works for hours straight, and if I keep it in sleep mode instead of turning it off it can work for days straight.

I've tried resetting the computers to the manufacturers settings three times, after which it worked fine for a month or two. But then the problem starts again. I hope someone can help me here.

The pc is an acer x3990, running windows 7 home premium 64 bit,
intel core i5 2320
NVIDIA GeForce GT520 up to 4095MB
8GB DDR3

A:Computer freezes/shuts down, loud continuous beep when rebooting

Quote: Originally Posted by Coolbest

Hello, my pc (specs below) often freezes, after which turning it off is the only option, or it shuts down without warning, after which it will try to reboot. Upon rebooting there is often a loud continuous beep and the pc won't start up. This problem occurs almost exclusively within 15 minutes of booting up, and once it happens it will occur several times. Sometimes it works for hours straight, and if I keep it in sleep mode instead of turning it off it can work for days straight.

I've tried resetting the computers to the manufacturers settings three times, after which it worked fine for a month or two. But then the problem starts again. I hope someone can help me here.

The pc is an acer x3990, running windows 7 home premium 64 bit,
intel core i5 2320
NVIDIA GeForce GT520 up to 4095MB
8GB DDR3

According to this:

Beep Codes - Acer Aspire X3990 Service Manual [Page 79]

it's a memory error. Try running Memtest86+ on the laptop overnight (if you can get it to run that long) and see if it finds any errors.

Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/341707-computer-freezes-shuts-down-loud-continuous-beep-when-rebooting.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Well, decided to upgrade my graphics card due to low fps etc... used to run a Geforce 5700VE and managed to pick up a Ganward 6800GT Golden Touch from ebay. Hooked it all up, turned on the computer and got a loud continuous beep from the graphics card and no signal to my monitor. My only hunch is a lack of power although the fan did start spinning.

The rest of my system spec is:

S755Max Jetway Motherboard
AMD Athlon64 3000+
1.5 GB Ram (3200)
and my power supply is 'KY-450 ATX) 350watt.

Hopefully someone can help!

oh, also i put my old card back in and that works fine.

ALso, the card has got an Accelero X-1 cooling system now.

A:Help! Gainward 6800GT upgrade continuous loud beep on startup

Yes, this is likely power. The card uses 150W even before you OC it, and minimum requirements according to Gainward is 300W PSU. If you have the additional power connected, your PSU's 12V+ rail may not have enough amps to run it. The original cooling solution concentrates on the memory, which is good, since OC'g hits the memory hardest. BTW, if you have a "golden touch" you may have gotten touched by the eBayer. Check out the Golden Sample GLH here:
http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Reviews/Specific.aspx?ArticleId=11763&PageId=1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-gainward-6800gt-upgrade-continuous-loud-beep-on-startup.69351/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi One of my pc s recently acted up It was working fine for couple of years without problem and then I stopped using it for a few months now when I go back to it the motherboard just beeps continuously long beep According to the manual a continuous long beep might be due to bad ram but when I took out both ram sticks it had a beep but ok boots to long continuous Solved: windows system different kind of continuous beep I replaced the ram with a different stick and it made the continuous beep sound like the other ram The motherboard is gigabyte GA- I PL-G dual core cpu Bios is award When I had the hard drive plugged in even tho it made the loud continuous beep it booted to windows win k pro ok except that the graphics looks as if the video driver has not yet been installed I didnt want to potentially damage it so i turned off and I took out every component except for just the video card and ram What should I do next swap psu I have an antec true power Also what should the beep sound like if i were to take out the video card Please help Thank you nbsp

A:Solved: system continuous long beep but boots to windows ok

ok, i figured it out! it's kind of a duh thing! The fan in the front of the case, instead of being connected to the connector on the mobo (system fan), was connected to the normal molex connector because it didnt have the right end. And in the BIOS, the setting was to monitor the system fan; since there's no fan connected there, it was beeping to alarm me about it; disabling that works hahahah

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-system-continuous-long-beep-but-boots-to-windows-ok.829077/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have a T5500, and anytime I stress the CPUs the system starts a continuous, constant beep noise.
The system still appears to run normally and the CPU temps are also under control, just the annoying sound.
I do not see a continuous sound anywhere in the manual so I don't know what this means.
This is an old machine and out of warranty so if I cannot find the problem, can I just turn off or disconnect the speaker making the noise?
Thanks.

A:[Solved] T5500 Workstation continuous beep with high CPU usage.

Solved, I feel like such an idiot. Someone helped me find the problem. I am powering the PC with a UPS unit right next to it and it clearly does not have the juice to power the T5500 anywhere close to full load.
So after days of troubleshooting I found it to be a simple ID10T error.
Thanks.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19980909
Relevancy 62.78%

I have a next 1737 Studio works shutdown Twice until Dell then fine BSOD Dell about years old Upgraded to Windows about months ago After any shutdown the system will start up will run for about seconds then it will Blue Screen throw Dell Studio 1737 BSOD Twice then works fine until next shutdown out random errors so far no have been alike that I can tell System will restart then it will BSOD death again restart and then system will work just fine until I restart system again I have wiped hard drive and reloaded windows no change I did not reinstall any programs after wiping hard drive other than windows Just been using an computer to access Internet I did update all drivers from Dell website I disabled webcam and fingerprint reader I have searched forums but no sucess I assume it is a driver issue but can t seem to figure out which driver it is Anyone have any suggestions I can use my system but it is a pain to have to deal with BSOD restarts after every shutdown I guess I could go back to XP and see if that works Before wiping hard drive I had the bit version of installed and got same results Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU P GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc M G Antivirus None nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-studio-1737-bsod-twice-then-works-fine-until-next-shutdown.1032998/
Relevancy 62.78%

4 year old Dell Studio XPS, running Windows 7 Professional.

Today, after no obvious changes (except a reboot) my Dell Studio XPS started blue-screening, with the error "Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed". On reboot there were odd characters across the screen, Windows started to load, then BSOD again.

After much head-banging and time-wasting I read the BSOD message! I was able to boot into Safe Mode.

Uninstalling the driver for my ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670 allows me to boot normally, but obviously with crap graphics.

I have tried reinstalling the drivers from the Dell site, and those from the AMD site, but both cause the same BSOD.

Are there other drivers I can use?

A:Dell Studio laptop BSOD caused by ATI Radeon driver - what to use?

Try a System Restore to a date prior to the issue. System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/374921-dell-studio-laptop-bsod-caused-ati-radeon-driver-what-use.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi, im having some problems with my dell studio 1555. Basically it has been running very slow and programs / games that i used to be able to run 3 months ago are no longer running properly.

What i wanted to do is resintall windows but i have lost my reinstallation cd, initially i thought it was a hardware issue so i replaced my ram as adviced by dell. It did not fix the issue fully. Is there another way to reinstall windows 7 without the disk, or can i get a new one sent to me?

Any help on this issue would be muchly appreciated.

A:[SOLVED] BSOD, Dell studio 1555 slow laptop

Im trying to follow the instructions on:

Reinstall Windows 7 from Recovery Partition on a Dell Studio 1555 laptop - Super User

But when i try to open imagex it only flashes cmd with some writting in it and then closes... any suggestions?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-bsod-dell-studio-1555-slow-laptop-576207.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi Guys

I've recently decided to upgrade my girlfriends dell studio 1537 from Vista 32 bit to Windows 7 professional and since then i've encountered countless BSOD. Funny thing is it's always at random but and only when surfing the net using Chrome?

I have uploaded my SF diagnositc file for your interest and any suggestions would be much appreciated. Please ask me any questions, if felt appropriate and i will do my best to provide you with all the information you need. Worse case scenario i will have to roll back to Vista, however if this can be avoided that would be great.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Mannix

A:Random BSOD After upgrading a Dell Studio 1537 to Win 7 32bit

perform this

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Do this overnight .

Errors might be detected after 7 passes

uninstall Kaspersky antivirus

and use this instead

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...tials-download

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 4E, {99, 9ee6a, 4, 140001}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for klif.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for klif.sys
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiBadShareCount+24 )

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT (4e)
Typically caused by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists (ie: calling
MmUnlockPages twice with the same list, etc). If a kernel debugger is
available get the stack trace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000099, A PTE or PFN is corrupt
Arg2: 0009ee6a, page frame number
Arg3: 00000004, current page state
Arg4: 00140001, 0

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x4E_99

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: chrome.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 83124567 to 83118e98

STACK_TEXT:
af3fd7f8 83124567 0000004e 00000099 0009ee6a nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x1e
af3fd810 830da6c8 c008dfc0 af3fd998 08925c46 nt!MiBadShareCount+0x24
af3fd924 830d92cb c008d9e0 c008dfb8 e7ec0030 nt!MiDeletePteRun+0x66a
af3fda28 830d98f6 117b0002 11bf7fff e7ec0030 nt!MiDeleteVirtualAddresses+0x3c1
af3fdaf8 830d95ab e7ec0030 88273cf0 d26dbad0 nt!MiRemoveMappedView+0x325
af3fdb20 83282437 d26dbad0 00000000 af3fdbe4 nt!MiRemoveVadAndView+0xe5
af3fdb80 832a08cf e7ec0030 117b0000 00000000 nt!MiUnmapViewOfSection+0x265
af3fdba0 8f63bdd0 ffffffff 117b0000 af3fdbe4 nt!NtUnmapViewOfSection+0x55
WARNING: Stack unwind information not available. Following frames may be wrong.
af3fdbd4 830778fa ffffffff 117b0000 af3fdcec klif+0x30dd0
af3fdbd4 83076c79 ffffffff 117b0000 af3fdcec nt!KiFastCallEntry+0x12a
af3fdc54 98f5c662 ffffffff 117b0000 d505120c nt!ZwUnmapViewOfSection+0x11
af3fdcec 98f5c3de 00000000 00000000 00000000 win32k!SURFACE::bDeleteSurface+0x273
af3fdd00 98f46976 00000000 00000000 fde70848 win32k!SURFREF::bDeleteSurface+0x14
af3fdd14 98f41cdd d505120c 001df424 d505120c win32k!bDeleteSurface+0x20
af3fdd28 830778fa d505120c 001df438 76fc7094 win32k!NtGdiDeleteObjectApp+0x7f
af3fdd28 76fc7094 d505120c 001df438 76fc7094 nt!KiFastCallEntry+0x12a
001df438 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 0x76fc7094
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nt!MiBadShareCount+24
83124567 cc int 3

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 1

SYMBOL_NAME: nt!MiBadShareCount+24

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: nt

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 503f7f43

IMAGE_NAME: memory_corruption

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x4E_99_nt!MiBadShareCount+24

BUCKET_ID: 0x4E_99_nt!MiBadShareCount+24

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/269374-random-bsod-after-upgrading-dell-studio-1537-win-7-32bit.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Turn computer on, it only gets to the black screen w dell on it and lower right corner shows f2 set up and f12 boot options but those don't work,will not start up n safe mode

A:Vista Dell Studio black screen froze can't start in safe mode

Were there any symptoms/problems prior to this?
Remove the battery. Hold the power button down for 30 seconds. Try to boot with and without the battery.
If F2 and F12 don't work you have a serious problem,
Have you tried booting from a CD/DVD?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vista-dell-studio-black-screen-froze-cant-start-in-safe-mode.159047/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello My husband uses Chrome and it is running very slow Firefox seems unaffected I recently wiped my computer after a nasty virus and have been trying out various security systems recently trying to decide what I want to buy Currently using trial version of Avast I am guessing that I need to take some of those off and would love any advise to get rid of unnecessary programs I am looking at you HP In looking at other threads I read Premium laptop Chrome running slow in SP2, 64-bit Vista Home Dell studio very potential helpers like to have people download and run speccy and minitoolbox to spot what is wrong Thanks Chrome running very slow in Vista Home Premium SP2, 64-bit Dell studio laptop in advance for Chrome running very slow in Vista Home Premium SP2, 64-bit Dell studio laptop your help A Speccy http speccy piriform com results UN RLKAb Chrome running very slow in Vista Home Premium SP2, 64-bit Dell studio laptop oztCVNmz CV zp here are my minitoolbox results MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by azane administrator on - - at Running from C Users azane Downloads Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Event log errors Application errors Error AM Source Application Hang User Description The program firefox exe version stopped interacting with Windows and was closed To see if more information about the problem is available check the problem history in the Problem Reports and Solutions control panel Process ID e Start Time cf b e b Termination Time Error PM Source RasClient User Description CoId B A A- EE - -BCE - C B C The user azane-PC azane dialed a connection named Broadband Connection which has failed The error code returned on failure is Error PM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error PM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error PM Source RasClient User Description CoId A F -C B - B -AB -AD AC DC B The user azane-PC azane dialed a connection named Broadband Connection which has failed The error code returned on failure is Error PM Source RasClient User Description CoId CE - DC- -B - C A The user azane-PC azane dialed a connection named Broadband Connection which has failed The error code returned on failure is Error AM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error PM Source Application Hang User Description The program firefox exe version stopped interacting with Windows and was closed To see if more information about the problem is available check the problem history in the Problem Reports and Solutions control panel Process ID Start Time cf cafad e Termination Time Error PM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application WksWP exe version time stamp x fad faulting module unknown version time stamp x exception code xc fault offset x process id xa application start time xWksWP exe Error PM Source Windows Search Service User Description The entry lt C USERS AZANE APPDATA LOCAL MOZILLA FIREFOX PROFILES DT JT DEFAULT SAFEBROWSING-BACKUP gt in the hash map cannot be updated Context Application SystemIndex Catalog Details A device attached to the system is not functioning x f System errors Error PM Source ACPI User Description The embedded controller EC did not respond within the specified timeout period This may indicate that there is an error in the EC hardware or firmware or that the BIOS is accessing the EC incorrectly You should check with your computer manufacturer for an upgraded BIOS In some situations this error may cause the computer to function incorrectly Error PM Source ACPI User Description The embedded controller EC did not respond within the specified timeout period This may indicate ... Read more

A:Chrome running very slow in Vista Home Premium SP2, 64-bit Dell studio laptop

@abzurdly zane

You should only have one active antivirus installed at any time.  Multiple antivirus programs can cause false positives, it can even cause your computer to become unstable resulting in BSODs.

Your D: drive has 0% free space.  It is full.

How did you reinstall Windows?

Is Firefox running slower than Chrome your only problem?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529316/chrome-running-very-slow-in-vista-home-premium-sp2-64-bit-dell-studio-laptop/