Windows Support Forum

HP 311c-1020sa recovery problem XP HDD

Q: HP 311c-1020sa recovery problem XP HDD

HI I recently purchased a Compaq c- sa mini netbook amp have upgraded the hdd but cannot get it to recover now amp have no way of getting the old HD back Before HDD XP 311c-1020sa HP recovery problem I upgraded I created a recovery set using the built in Roxio Back on Track recovery disc creator It created x recovery boot disc amp x recovery cd s Then I installed the new Western Digital wd bevt hard disc amp tried HP 311c-1020sa recovery problem XP HDD to recover using the verified recovery disc set created amp this is what happens It boots of the st recovery boot disc into the recovery HP 311c-1020sa recovery problem XP HDD options menu amp I choose either disaster recovery or image recovery On the next screen I have to select the image source Revovery cd amp destination However there is no appropriate destination as the hard drive cannot be seen in here I can see a System partition made up of about mb which I assume is the boot disc data loaded into cache memory amp also shows the cd drive but there is no hdd I have checked this disc in win amp it works fine I have fdisk d amp deleted all partitions but still no luck I have tried to recreate partions but that also hasnt helped I know the drive isn t faulty amp I know that some people had issues with xp installs on this machine amp sata drives but I don t want to do a clean xp install but a factory recovery Please help nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: HP 311c-1020sa recovery problem XP HDD

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: HP 311c-1020sa recovery problem XP HDD

Sometimes this happens when trying to do a created recovery. One wrong step or file can make the recovery impossible. You may have to "bite the bullet" and start with a fresh Windows install. A better way to save files is to place the old hard drive in a external USB enclosure. Install the new drive in the laptop and install Windows and all its updates. Then connect the USB enclosure and copy your important files and documents from the old drive to the new drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-311c-1020sa-recovery-problem-xp-hdd.154657/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello I recently purchased a compaq mini c- SA with windows XP Along with it I brought a gig stick of messages Compaq 311C mini BSOD Perplexing ram to bring it Perplexing BSOD messages Compaq mini 311C up to gig total gig is surface mounted on the motherboard Perplexing BSOD messages Compaq mini 311C My problem seems to lie with this additional stick of RAM I m getting a full gamut of BSOD stop codes intermittently I could start the laptop one day and it would clearly be unstable with services and processes dropping out in somecases the windows themes service dies and the whole thing reverts back to the normal Windows XP theme Usually it comes up with a bsod then and planks completely Other times I have used it without issue for hours The one common element seems to be the ram without it seems to be fine but I m currently proving this by using it for an extended period without the gig gig of ram is no fun these days though The stop codes I have recieved are x Page Fault in non paged area x A IRQL NOT LESS EQUAL x BAD POOL HEADER x e KERNEL MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED x C BAD POOL CALLER Google seems to be on these being drivers or hardware I m having a hard time believing it being drivers as its a production laptop and I have seen no complaints on forums like this I have updated everything possible except the bios which I must do yet I have run memtest against the stick for about hours now not a single error has been found My problem is should I return the ram or is this an issue caused by a faulty motherboard I have also ran the built in ram checker and some HDD testers all seem fine I have also updated I have attached the minidump files Any help would be fantastic Thanks nbsp

A:Perplexing BSOD messages Compaq mini 311C

Two gigs of RAM for XP is the best for XP and since it is only a 32-bit operating system it can utilize no more than 3.25 max.

Probably the system does not like the memory configuration. Have you tried running it with just the two gig stick? What is the reason that you didn't just buy an additional one gig stick?

By the way, your minidump files with one exception only cite OS drivers and they are too general to be of much help. All error codes that were cited can have memory as a reason for crashes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/perplexing-bsod-messages-compaq-mini-311c.148413/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have the same problem.
Recently I updated my PC from windows 8.1 to windows 10.After almost a month I returned back to windows 8.1 from windows 10.
When I tried to install dell backup and recovery (Backup-and-Recovery_Application_64M9D_WN32_1.8.1.71_A00) I got factory error 5.
I cannot refresh my PC from windows also. I am getting the error “could not find the recovery environment”.
Now in command prompt
1. reagentc/info

2. reagentc/enable

3. Exit and reboot.
After the reboot I tried to install dell backup and recovery again. Then also I got the same “factory setup error 5”.

Then I checked the reagent/info in command prompt after reboot. It shows it is disabled.

Please help me.
Thank you

A:windows 8.1 recovery problem and install dell backup and recovery software...

LRKRAO,
Click the link below for information on restoring the OS using DBAR.
http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/dell-backup-and-recovery-1-8-1-71/

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19655197
Relevancy 42.57%

i had upgrade my windows to 8.1, the problem is that i cant install Dell backup & recovery, when i installing and updating PE I get FACTORY SETUP ERROR 5
is there any technical help me please...thx

however...its cant recovery or reset my laptop back to factory image...

just like this photo...
recovery cant... refresh also cant...

A:windows 8.1 recovery problem and install dell backup and recovery software...

just similar same with my problem, my one is factorysetup error 5, i think its different...
however my recovery software uninstalled, because installed new version need to uninstall old version, after it cant install new version....
then ur laptop can launch recovery or not??my one cant just show above picture.....

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19538385
Relevancy 42.14%

I am running windows 7 on my laptop. I has windows vista before the upgrade. I had recovery discs for windows vista created from the recovery manager. I tried to make discs for windows 7. I would like to know why it won't let me make a disc for windows 7 because if I had trouble and needed to put in the recovery discs I wouldn't want to use the ones i had for windows vista. what should i do? here are screenshots to show what happens when i try to create the discs for windows 7.

A:Problem w/ creating recovery disc in Recovery Manager

HP PC Recovery Disc Creator, is for your HP Vista only, not for UpGrade of Win 7.

Try this:

Backup Complete Computer - Create an Image Backup

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/66037-problem-w-creating-recovery-disc-recovery-manager.html
Relevancy 42.14%

After using samsung recovery, my computer won' t start properly. In normal mode it crashes immediately after loadin my background and desktop items. It shows a blue screen ( see image) and then will restart itself, giving me the option to start windows normally or in safe mode. I have tried safe mode, and that works slightly better. It doesn't crash all by itself before I even do anything. But it also won't open most programs properly ( like windows explorer). So I can't actually do something in safe mode. After I open a more advanced program ( like Chrome) it will crash again the same way as before. Can someone help me wih this?

P.S.: I am wriing this on my mobile phone, so please forgive me for any typos.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/OByQW...it?usp=sharing

A:Problem starting up after using samsing recovery basic recovery

Hi Laurina welcome to SevenForums

Try this tutorial below

Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

Startup Repair

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/293503-problem-starting-up-after-using-samsing-recovery-basic-recovery.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Guys I cant complete succesfully my system recovery nbsp Here is an event-by-event detail I have a DV Pavilion nbsp - I Complete fails) (Recovery Problem Recovery Manager Recovery Recovery is complete message appears Once your system restarts and you finish the inital - I restart- CMD exe window appears- Software Installation HP window appears- It restarts black window with HP Logo then Microsoft Corporation windows starting - Please wait while Windows sets up your computer Black screen - Please wait WHile Windows Continues Recovery Manager Problem (Recovery fails) setting up your computer light blue screen - Restarts again- black screen mouse pointer windows logo appears start sound Welcome Screen appears Vista Home Premium - Windows setup window Windows is now setting up the following items Pre-PININST Check Preinstall Software InstallerPre-PININST Preinstall software Installer ndPost PININSTAC Power CheckingBurnBoot Recovery Manager Problem (Recovery fails) All this with a HP on the back screen with the grey completation bar -Takes long time to complete the second task Preinstall Software Installer - Restarts Recovery Manager Problem (Recovery fails) logging off shutting down - Black screen white pointer again- Windows Welcome screen againNow when it is in the Windows is now setting up the following items - Pre-PININST An Recovery Manager window appears saying that The recovery attempt has failed Please select one of the following buttons Details or RetryWhen I hit details it appears the following - ChkErrBB CMD Detect some error during PININST-BBV - ChKErrBB CMD Check C system sav logs BurnBootWarn logI hit retry and the DVD CD open and it restarted the machineAnd Again back to the Welcome to the Recovery Manager original screen nbsp nbsp How can I solve this Thanks Solved View Solution

A:Recovery Manager Problem (Recovery fails)

I found away past it. Just close the window with the "X". Don't hit retry or it will just keep starting over. The box will appear a few more times during the process, but just keep hitting X and it should go through. Worked for me! I'm not sure if there are features or files missing because of the errors, but the system seems to work fine so far.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Recovery-Manager-Problem-Recovery-fails/td-p/97667
Relevancy 34.4%

nbsp To give a little pretext problem (The 10 is Problem Recovery hp, not with win... windows to my situation I purchased this laptop the summer before my freshmen year around august of It has now been a year and a month september the th nbsp The device came Recovery Problem with windows 10 (The problem is hp, not win... with windows installed and some HP software BLOATWARE pre installed I updated to windows the day I was given the opportuninty nbsp Now to begin with the most frustrating week of my life Mid september my HP support assistant software recommended a few updates to my drivers Always being hesistant of driver updates I rarely update them but recently I had some troubles connecting to my Jam bluetooth speakers So I downloaded and installed the bluetooth drivers through the HP support assistant application Keep in mind that HP support assistant is a service provided by the manufactuer of my laptop and it knows my exact hardware and is able to provide the correct updates or so I assumed After the install the assistant prompted me to restart my laptop so I did This is where everything went awry nbsp My laptop shut down then went into its boot sequence The laptop failed to boot and instead went to recovery Feeling that the driver had messed something up I decided that it was worth my while to restore to a previous restore point that I had created just a few days before The restore came up with an error Dismayed and rather annoyed I decided to cut my losses and do a refresh No luck there either Time for a clean install I thought well that didnt work either Time and time again I ran into something like System Restore has run into an error or something of the like At this point I am livid and confused I know my warranty had run out just a few weeks before this and I am either going to have to buy a new laptop or do some serious work to get this working again and with exams coming up in my college classes I have to get it done fast to study nbsp nbsp I began by plugging in my Windows recovery usb into my laptop and booting The windows install came up just as expected but when I tried to click install an error came up saying something along the lines of Windows is already in the process of installing please remove installation media and restart the computer So I did that and ran into the problem of windows saying that no drive was found and the install had run into a problem I decided my hard drive must have failed so I moved on to getting to my HD nbsp I took of the keyboard pannel in order to gain access to my hard drive I unlocked the ribbon cable from the motherboard and unscrewed the drive from the frame Upon removing the drive I notice the smell of burnt rubber or plastic The ribbon cable had been fried To see if the contents of my harddrive was ok I put it in an external hardrive case and plugged it into another laptop The drive was corrupt and all my data was lost Luckily relative to my situation the drive was still in working order all I needed to do was format it nbsp nbsp My biggest question is what could have possibly caused my ribbon cable to have so much current running through it that a few of the wires just popped I wasnt having any problem with my fan not working in fact my fan always kept my laptop well below dangerous levels In retrospect this was probably the only exceptional thing about my device What were the chances that a bluetooth driver and a combusting ribbon cable happened withing the same few minutes Keep in mind that this was all withing a few weeks of my warranty having expired Something seemed fishy to me nbsp I was able to find the part on the HP replacement parts store for over bucks not inclunding shipping A rediculous price for a sata connector cable I found it at much more affordable price on ebay and was able to get it before the end of the week Now here is where the fun begins not having a windows pc to format my drive to NTSF I had to walk a mile to a public computer to format my drive... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Recovery-Problem-with-windows-10-The-problem-is-hp-not/td-p/5779927
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello recently I had to delete my last portions to install my windows ,and I tried to recover my files and yes they recovered but thereís a problem that Iíve been trying to solve it but couldnít !
I canít use any of my pdfs, rars, words, and my c++ courses, itís making me crazy because I need them please help me

Relevancy 34.4%

can somebody please help?? I recently downloaded Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 from a torrent and I've updated it to the most recent version, tested it on System Requirements Lab.com which said it would work excellently on my computer. I have ATI Radeon X600 which im not sure is the contributing factor in this but ever since i have built rides and about 200 guests have entered my park in the game, it froze and an error-report saying that the
"VPU Recover has reset your graphics accelerator as it was no longer responding to graphics driver commands. Pls tell ATI technologies about this followed by a send or don't send report. Is there any way i can stop this error report from happening? please help!!! All system info is attached
 DxDiag.txt   52.59KB
  19 downloads

A:ATI VPU recovery problem?

It sounds like you are dealing with a pirated copy of the game.Discussion of such, as stated in the Forum Rules, is not allowed at Bleeping Computer.No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user.I suggest you uninstall the illegal version, and purchase a legitimate copy.This thread will be Closed.If I misunderstood your intentions, don't hesitate to send me a PM, with an explanation.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/238567/ati-vpu-recovery-problem/
Relevancy 34.4%

i have windows xp, and every time i turn on my PC it make arecovery for files by itself, what z the problem and how can i solve it??? help please??

A:recovery problem

What exactly happens and what do you mean by "recovery for files"?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recovery-problem.654328/
Relevancy 34.4%

Received a Your PC did not start correctly message. Problem was not resolved by restarting or start up repair.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Recovery-Problem/td-p/5749891
Relevancy 34.4%

Did a system recovery and now all files in C:\Program Files are read only and cannot be changed or written to. None of my existing programs that require writing to these files will run. I cannot reinstall programs without them erroring out. I am the only user and am always logged on as Administrator. I am unable to do anything to these files. I cannot install new programs and have them run. They either error out during installation, or seem to install OK but will not execute.

A:Recovery problem

Howdy,

How did you do the system Recovery....?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recovery-problem.531858/
Relevancy 34.4%

I don't have recovery disk as I have a separate portion in my hard drive for recovery. but now while I am using recovery then its showing not found proper environment for recovery. some files are missing. how can I correct this problem.

whenever I open my laptop it always opens my first folder irrespective of folder or I clicked till I use my arrow key to navigate my desired icon.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/recovery-problem/td-p/5806512
Relevancy 34.4%

can someone please help me getting the OS of win 8 version x64 as I am facing a big problem recovery my win through an image system stored on an external hard drive. I tried everything including a bootable flash drive contains OS of win 10 (as I have been advised by someone ) and when I tried repair your windows, it came to an error of repairing I need a trust link to download it please  Much appreciate your su[pport  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/recovery-problem/td-p/5832029
Relevancy 34.4%

The computer kept giving me errors so I decided to do recovery on it, it goes most of the way through the recovery process, with the disc, and then gives me the error 10-FC12-0002. Does anyone know what that error is and how to fix it?!?!?!

Thanks so much

April

A:Problem with recovery

hi since you did not say what make or model your comp is i could not be to specific but here is what i have found http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=error+10-FC12-0002&meta=

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-recovery.790932/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi I don t know if anyone can give me a definitive answer for this I ve found a few bits and pieces here and there but would like some advice first I m helping sort a few things out on problem HP recovery a family members pc On starting a bubble appears from the system tray HP recovery problem with the following message quot HP recovery You HP recovery problem are running out of space on HP recovery D to free space on this drive by deleting old or unnecessary files etc quot I tried following the instructions that followed by clicking where it said but it did no good It appears that the D drive is a small partition about GB on the GB C drive I have found a fix that prevents the message from poping up a regedit but is this the right approach I ve also read that I should check the D drive first for any files that are not in the Recovery folder and move them to the C drive The D drive appears to be FAT formatted wheras the C drive is NTFS as would be expected on a computer running XP One further question if the recovery partition is already full are new back ups being made to the D drive or is it simply to return the pc to it s original state Any advice appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:HP recovery problem

The regedit fix is as follows. (i would make a restore point first)

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoLowDiskSpaceChecks"=dword:00000001

Alternatively there is a downloadable fix which does the same, which I have on my desktop at the moment unopened and ready to take with me to try. It's from here (I hope I'm allowed to post links) http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/lowdiskspace.reg

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-recovery-problem.548502/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello, so, i have a HP computer (dont know the model), but it had this Win XP Media Center Edition. I took out the power cord while doing something, and on startup it gave me an missing .dll error. After that, i formatted the drive from all partitions exept the recovery one using a Ubuntu Live CD.

But, when i try to press f10 on startup, which should take me to the recovery of the XP, it doesnt react. Now, since i have no OS, i cannot do anything really. But is there a way to get the system to boot from the recovery partition?

I'm pretty experienced with computers, so you can ask me the hard stuff.
Thanks for your help, ask for any other information!

why did you format the drive with Ubuntu live? what is the model no. of this pc?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/recovery-problem-461914.html
Relevancy 34.4%

my pc which is a 5100 series lost it's operating system. I have received to recovery disc from Averatec but I get a error 0004 and nothing will work. I really need help getting this computer up and running. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do??

Hello,

At what point do you get the error? Post the full error message?

Boot the system into the BIOS. Make sure that HDD is detected.

Run Diags on the HDD. You can download them frm the manufatcurer website.

http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/recovery-problem-367444.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I used system restore,repair,recovery and my recovery discs.The pc reboots and goes to a screen asking if I want to repair, recover or quit. I've already did the recovery so why is it stuck there?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-with-recovery-461055.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I have a packard bell j2422 and I have recently restored it to factory settings. However, when it starts up it gets past the packard bell loading screen and then restarts. It says windows cannot be installed click ok to restart and the problem continues in a loop.

If anyone can help it would be appreciated, thank you.

It runs on windows vista if that helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/recovery-problem-387160.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi
I have a toshiba laptop and I dont have any recovery disc .
Now my laptop is attacked with a virus which is creating number of problems . IS there any way to recover the laptop ?? ! please help me out !

A:Recovery problem !

Quote: Originally Posted by daredevils

Hi
I have a toshiba laptop and I dont have any recovery disc .
Now my laptop is attacked with a virus which is creating number of problems . IS there any way to recover the laptop ?? ! please help me out !

For starters download malwarebytes and run it in safe mode (F8)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/147648-recovery-problem.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I know that this isn't a specific problem but I figured this was as good of a place to start as any I re-did my installation after my drivers went bad for my DVD drives but inadvertently lost my pictures etc I had them backed up using the windows backup but when Recovery Problem I reinstalled Ultimate Recovery Problem windows wouldn't recognize the back up files Some quick buying brought me to Active file recovery which I TOTALLY recommend it worked amazingly and I was able to find the pictures in the deleted files but they were the files that had been altered by the backup utility Does anyone know of a utility to restore them to their former glory I don't have back ups I know I should have had a DVD back up of them and some of those pictures are really sentimental I have already tried backing up the current files and then restoring them but I still get a file with a bunch of ones and zeros instead of a picture

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/90954-recovery-problem.html
Relevancy 34.4%

When ever I delete something from the recyle bin I get the following error message:
"Cannot remove folder search: Cannot find the specified file
Make sure you are specifiying the correct path and file name."

Recycle bin seems to be working correctly except for the annoying message.
How do I get rid of the message?
Where is it looking for this file? I am running win xp pro.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recovery-bin-problem.254993/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello everyone ... When i turn my desktop on lots of error messages pop up i dont know what exactly caused that i couldn't able to fix it ... so i just run the recovery cd as usual ... already done this more than 10 time before always fix all my problems ... but this time end of the recovery process keep showing me this error http://i39.tinypic.com/14t9bow.jpg anyone know what's causing this problem and how to fix it ? please

My desktop is HP Pavillion a611on

A:Recovery Problem

It's usually caused by a bad driver. Maybe your CD has a scratch on it that's messing up the install of the recovery. If you have a recovery partition on your HDD then you can use that and it might work. If not then call HP and have them send you some new recovery discs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/recovery-problem-329274.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I have been having a problem with my Radeon 9600xt from ATI. My games dont exactly crash but they are interupted by a box saying that it had to reset my graphics device because it was not responding. Is my vid card on its way out or just maybe driver issues? I installed the newest driver from AMD/ATI. How do I check the status of my card? Or temps on it? My case is VERY cool with big fans and A Zalman on ther CPU. Where do I start to troubleshoot this problem. Thank you!!!

A:ATI: VPU recovery problem...

Does the v card have a fan? If so at the time the pblm. happens check the fan on the card to see if spinning ,or the fan mabe dirty and needs cleaning.IF THIS A HEAT ISSUE?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ati-vpu-recovery-problem.623172/
Relevancy 34.4%

I am having trouble doing a Windows recovery when I go to recover to a previous time it goes through the recovery process then when finished it says the recovery failed I also have Recovery problem. an issue with Acronis True Image when I boot up a message appears on the start up screen that says quot True Image Monitor exe This program can t start because qt icontray exe dll is missing from your computer Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem quot When I try to open Acronis a message tels me that quot Acronis is not installed quot I have reinstalled the program also tried to uninstall the program through programs and features in Control panel quot but it will not uninstall If I do a recovery from Recovery problem. my Win disk will this fix the problem I am a bit reluctant to do this Recovery problem. in case I wipe every Recovery problem. thing I have an Acronis backup on another disk but I cannot use this unless I can get Acronis to work Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB M Total - MB Free - MB N Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASRock H M-LE Antivirus AVG Internet Security Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 34.4%

hi im having a few problems with my sony vaio vgn-fz21z and decided probably best to wipe and reinstall vista from the hard drive partition as i was told i could,however ive tried the usual f10 on start up also f12 and f8 with no luck to getting into recovery mode,any suggestions most welcome many thanks in advance.sorry forgot to mention i bought this laptop without recovery discs.

Hi and welcome to TSF check the manual here Sony : Support for VGN-FZ21Z | VGN-FZ21Z technical support
it should tell your options for recovery

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/recovery-problem-634472.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi,

I recently used a recovery program to get back some holiday pictures that got erased (twice!) when my Sony digital camera went a bit psycho (seemed to muck up when trying to write a captured image to the memory stick, the only thing to do was take out either the battery or the memory stick, both produced the same results).

Anyway.

The recovery seemed to work fine, as I had a full set of thumbnails of all my pictures. However, when I tried to open the image relating to the thumbnail the file was corrupt, and the image prety much useless.

My question is this...

How can Windows get a perfectly good thumbnail from a damaged file, and is there anyway of getting a full picture from the same place?

Thanks in advance!

Paul.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-with-recovery-16670.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I have a laptop hp hp problem recovery pavilion entertainment nbsp model dv nr Vista bit nbsp there is no recovery partition the recovery disks are trashed I ordered a new set from HP There are disks are system recovery dvd's and the other is the application and driver recovery cd nbsp I put disk one in and boot it asks if I want to do a system recovery this is the only option It says all data will be lost if I proceed It starts reformatting the windows partition of my hard disk drive It takes awhile then it starts reinstalling original content It asks for disk I put it in and it finishes awhile later hp recovery problem nbsp then it asks me if I have received a mfg disk with applications and drivers if so put it in now I do about seconds later it ejects the disk and indicates click next to restart the computer nbsp Here is the problem it reboots indicates it setting windows up for the first time then after a while goes into the desktop no setup computer name password no nothing At the desktop there is no hp applications or drivers no network or anything It appears its just a vista OS then this Hp program comes up and tries to load the software after hours or so it says recovery unsuccessful the window that comes up is named in the taskbar fbi gui manager nbsp I've tried recovery a couple of times and found if I X off the FBI GUI Manager I can get to the desktop I've tried using the HP disk to load the software hp recovery problem but there is no exe file on the disk There is a swsetup file on the hard drive and I've manually loaded all the hp software from it but everytime I boot to the desktop this FBI hp recovery problem GUI manager pops up and after a couple of days it then says recovery failed and reboots into system recovery nbsp nbsp What am I doing wrong If the hp application and driver recovery cd didn't load which is obvious why is there the swsetup folder This appears to have all the hp stuff on it I think the recovery didn't really format the HD nbsp Any ideas

A:hp recovery problem

hai, if you fix this problem at the moment . pls pass to me helping tips. because now i am facing the same problem .                                            thanks...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/hp-recovery-problem/td-p/132564
Relevancy 34.4%

Ok, here is the major problem. I have an older HP laptop running XP sp3. It went to laptop heaven. I bought a new HP laptop running Vista sp1. I tried to piggy back the old hard drive in an enclosure and recovered about 70% of the data. HOWEVER. the data i really needed was in a folder called Documents and Settings. When I tried to retrieve that stuff, I got the messege that I dont have permission to look in that folder. I was thinking, of course I have permission, I own it!! (a little humor). No matter what I tried in setting permissions, I cant access that data. I even tried to use an XP machine to no avail. Any idea of what to do?

A:big problem in recovery

You need to take ownership of the folder
Take Ownership of file

Hope this Helps
Fastboy42

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/236010-big-problem-recovery.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Greetings;
I was trying to update my windows 8 to windows 10, but after the installation phase my laptop didn't boot up. I tried to recover it but it gave me " Your PC needs to be repaired use Recovery media ". But I don't have recovery media.

I managed to take the hard disk out and format C partition and setup my windows back on it using Imagex and install.wim but it is not an activated version.
My question, is there a way to reset my pc to it's factory state?
I have access to recovery partition and to HP recovery manager but Windows recovery environment is disabled ("Recovery partition is removed" which is there").

Best Regards  

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f6b48a72-dcef-41e7-910a-6effc1f60cd2/recovery-problem?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 34.4%

I Recovery Problem have an HP nx running Windows XP Pro at least it used to I was cleaning it up and I decided to do a recovery back to the original factory install After doing so and restarting I get an error 'ntldr is compressed' I had the Recovery Problem XP disk so I decided to just re-install but when I got to the point where I chose to install it told me it couldn't find a hard drive same problem with the repair option I created a bootable floppy from my other puter restarted so that I booted from the floppy I was able to cd to the c drive and there was a directory called HP Recovery Nothing in it That's it That's all that I could see on the c drive I'm assuming all my other stuff is there somewhere but it's in a partition I can't see Recovery Problem and don't know how to see I ran diagnostics and everything comes back ok How do I get the XP install to see my hard drive so I can re-install

You need to add the driver for the drives controller [most likely sata drive drivers since that wasn't supported by xp natively] during setup by htting f6 when you see it in the lower left corner of the setup screen. It will want it on a floppy diskette.

This wouldn't be required if you were using the HP XP dvd if your unit came with one.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/recovery-problem-544727.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi all, put w8 recovery on a 1TB ext HDD; Decided after to put on smaller HDD & copied to it.
Now my 1TB ext HDD reads empty but only 31.9GO! Tried format & Seatools, which says everything ok.
Can anyone tell me (gently) how to get my HDD to full capacity again?

I would also like to delete the recovery from the main HDD & save space. I was given this option at the time but can't find it now?

Thanks in advance
Dave

A:Recovery problem on ext HDD

Originally Posted by deebee

Hi all, put w8 recovery on a 1TB ext HDD; Decided after to put on smaller HDD & copied to it.
Now my 1TB ext HDD reads empty but only 31.9GO! Tried format & Seatools, which says everything ok.
Can anyone tell me (gently) how to get my HDD to full capacity again?

Thanks in advance
Dave

Try Cleaning the HD Drive, using
Disk - Clean and Clean All with Diskpart Command - Windows 7 Help Forums

I would also like to delete the recovery from the main HDD & save space. I was given this option at the time but can't find it now?

Warning
Deleting the Recovery Partition is NOT RECOMMENDED

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/27383-recovery-problem-ext-hdd.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I had made recovery discs form the Recovery drive in my laptop,leaving the drive as it is. The prob is now wen i want to recover from the Dvd's the first Dvd is getting hanged while recovering...Now i want to recover to default setting but now I have no idea what to do...????Pls help...???

Welcome

Go to Bios and set to boot from C drive. It is now set to cd or dvd

Boot Order - How to Change the Boot Order in BIOS - BIOS Boot Order

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/279430-recovery-problem.html
Relevancy 34.4%

i got this message after doing the restart of the recovery. window message "the system is not fully installed. please run setup again".
i dont now what to do. thanks.

System manufacturer and model?

You were attempting a restore-to-factory-defaults?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/400045/recovery-problem/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello nbsp I was having problems with this laptop after I updated to windows It lost a lot of speed I saw comments of people saying that it will be good again with a recovery and a clean windows So finally I have decided to do a recovery keeping the files First thing I noticed strange was that it took hours to complete the process and it didnt gave me the options of configuration using or not nbsp groove cortana it gave me when I updated from windows nbsp But then after Everything was done it seems that after Problem recovery everything is Problem after recovery missing if I go to control panel software to see list of programs installed they only show two synaptics clickpad driver and Realtek Where are all the drivers nbsp So I downloaded HP support assintant thinking it will scan and point me every driver missing and I could install everything but no only one thing to update Wifi Broadcoom nbsp I am very frustated right now I just want to have a clean windows with all the updated drivers of the Notebook installed I mean we are talking about a high end Laptop made by a really famous and prestitious nbsp company I dont think its too much to ask for nbsp What can I do I really need to have a working computer as soon as possible nbsp Thanks in advance for the help And sorry for my english I am Spanish nbsp Cheers

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Problem-after-recovery/td-p/5787683
Relevancy 34.4%

My computer wont boot, it just says disc read error, please press ctrl-alt-del to restart but nothing ever happens. So I purchased recovery disc and it starts to download some files but when they ask me to continue with the installation process in say runtime error, the application has requested termination in an unusual way. Can anybody help me?

Dont know what you have, but lets start from square one.
Create a Recovery Disc

Startup Repair

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/283425-recovery-problem.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi everyone, lately I lost all my works... I tried to recover them with the software recover my files... but when i want to save... it save floating point division by zero and it won't work...

I was wondering if anyone out there can help please... I'll be very happy.... And humm if you know a better program that can recover all the losts and repair them please tell me ...

Thank you very much...

hello
i've the same problem as yours
if u find solution please sahre it with us
thanks for any one help us

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/recovery-problem-447329.html
Relevancy 34.4%

My laptop suddenly doesn't correctly start up, it gives me the option to start up in safe mode but then goes to a screen that gives me the option to restore but I cant click on it, it says the partitioning can't be found. Can I manually restore the computer or is there a disk I can purchase? Tried to look for the disk on HP support but it says there isn't one.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Recovery-Problem/td-p/5817972
Relevancy 34.4%

So I first did this registry defrag with a program similar to Tune-up utilities and after it was done I had to reboot So I did But then suddenly I received this message wihle booting Windows XP could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt WINDOWS SYSTEM CONFIG SYSTEM I was like wtffffff So I looked at Windows site and saw a solution support microsoft com kb en-us I did part one rebooted but then suddenly it looked like I had reformatted Other login name etc but when I logged it aaaaall of my proggies and cfg s etc were still in the C directory But then I tried to acces the Documents of quot Pieter-Jan quot my actual profile and I got this pop-up that I couldn t enter Only could enter the map of the new nickname that was given to me after I did the stuff at the link Another weird thing about it is all of my drivers are gone ain t got any internet connection what so ever On laptop atm So I d be soooooooooooooooo happy if someone could help me

Bleeping Computer DOES NOT recommend the use of registry cleaners/optimizers for several reasons:? Registry cleaners are extremely powerful applications that can damage the registry by using aggressive cleaning routines and cause your computer to become unbootable.The Windows registry is a central repository (database) for storing configuration data, user settings and machine-dependent settings, and options for the operating system. It contains information and settings for all hardware, software, users, and preferences. Whenever a user makes changes to settings, file associations, system policies, or installed software, the changes are reflected and stored in this repository. The registry is a crucial component because it is where Windows "remembers" all this information, how it works together, how Windows boots the system and what files it uses when it does. The registry is also a vulnerable subsystem, in that relatively small changes done incorrectly can render the system inoperable. For a more detailed explanation, read Understanding The Registry.? Not all registry cleaners are created equal. There are a number of them available but they do not all work entirely the same way. Each vendor uses different criteria as to what constitutes a "bad entry". One cleaner may find entries on your system that will not cause problems when removed, another may not find the same entries, and still another may want to remove entries required for a program to work.? Not all registry cleaners create a backup of the registry before making changes. If the changes prevent the system from booting up, then there is no backup available to restore it in order to regain functionality. A backup of the registry is essential BEFORE making any changes to the registry.? Improperly removing registry entries can hamper malware disinfection and make the removal process more difficult if your computer becomes infected. For example, removing malware related registry entries before the infection is properly identified can contribute to system instability and even make the malware undetectable to removal tools.? The usefulness of cleaning the registry is highly overrated and can be dangerous. In most cases, using a cleaner to remove obsolete, invalid, and erroneous entries does not affect system performance but it can result in "unpredictable results".Unless you have a particular problem that requires a registry edit to correct it, I would suggest you leave the registry alone. Using registry cleaning tools unnecessarily or incorrectly could lead to disastrous effects on your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. For routine use, the benefits to your computer are negligible while the potential risks are great.Ed Bott's Webog: Why I don?t use registry cleanersDo I need a Registry Cleaner?XP Fixes Myth #1: Registry CleanersIf you do insist on using Registry cleaners, ALWAYS backup the registry BEFORE making any changes.Instructions, on how to do that, can be found here:How to back up, edit, and restore the registry(I highly recommend, you make a copy of this article.)Now with that said, you may need to run a chkdsk /r in a command prompt via Start then Run type in cmd and type in the previous command of chkdsk /r and reboot. You may have to do this in safe mode or via repair option.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323860/recovery-problem/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi first time using any Problem Pandora Recovery - type of recovery software I found quot my documents quot in quot my music quot not sure how I managed to copy it over as the original folder Pandora Recovery - Problem was also where it should be by default Therefore I deleted the copy but windows decided to remove the original as well As you can imagine it had a lot of files First why did windows delete both the copy and the original when I only selected the copy to be deleted Second problem is I am running Pandora scan I selected stop scan several hours ago and it continues to run I cannot exit the program until the scan actually stops It appeared to be stuck at a certain spot so I tried stopping it It is using cpu as if it were scanning but no progress has been made Even after selecting stop it doesn t behave any different Anyone know how long it might continue to scan even after selecting it to stop nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pandora-recovery-problem.1016969/
Relevancy 33.97%

i recently used combofix and the windows recovery console in order to get rid of some viruses i had when i was using XP, i have since formatted C and installed windows 7. For some reason the recovery console still appears on start up but the windows 7 version instead of the XP one. The recovery console files were saved onto my D drive. my question is how do i disable it, ive followed through lots of tutorials such as deleteing the cmdcons and changing the text in the boot.ini file and nothing seems to work it still appears on start up every time. pre-thanks for any help you can give me.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/249026/recovery-console-problem/
Relevancy 33.97%

Ok so my mom just got her new laptop in and she wanted to set up recovery disk so i just bought myself a g flash drive and instead of using - - cds of diff sizes depending on what you get i gave her my flash drive to use instead when doing the save on the flash drive it said to make sure it was g or more and it was g when i checked it when i first got it so it went through the process took awhile but when it finished i checked to see how much was used of the flash drive and only like little more then g of it was used up Now i guess my question is why would it ask for g or more and only use g did something go wrong did they compress it or something can someone explain how in the HDD there is like already - g used and only g on the flash drive This is new to me as i use PC and i dont make recovery anything really except recovery laptop recovery maybe? problem points every now and again nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-recovery-problem-maybe.1016763/
Relevancy 33.97%

Daughter ran a standard recovery on her Compaq Presario S4000V desktop (which she has done before with no problem), but this time everything goes fine until she gets to the last page (after you've chosen the language & time zone etc.) where it thanks you and has you click on "finish" to get started, then she gets the hour glass and the same page (thank you page) stays there forever!! It eventually moves onto the Windows XP home edition page, "please wait", but again gets stuck. So she restarted it and gets the Windows XP page and then "the system is not fully installed, please run set up again". She's run it from the hard drive and also from the recovery cd's she made, it made no difference.

A:Windows XP Recovery Problem

Hi can you do a hijackit log and repost it please someone will look at it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/28675/windows-xp-recovery-problem/
Relevancy 33.97%

Please help I have been trying to use the system recovery for 3 days now and it seems to work fine until it hits windows set up it finishes the Pre-PININST then restarts and all I get is a Blue/black screen and it seems to stall there, I left it overnight and still have same screen

A:Problem with hp recovery for vista

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I am sending you some tutorials to read on system recovery.

System Recovery Options

System Restore

System Restore - How to

Please report back as to whether this has helped or not.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/289647-problem-hp-recovery-vista.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Computer Specs Manufacturer HP Model HP Pavilion dv notebook pc Processor AMD Turion tm II Dual-Core Mobile M Recovery Problem Partition GHz RAM GBB Operation System Windows Home Premium bit Okay so I have this unusual problem with my recovery partition where I can visually see it in quot My Computer quot but apparently my computer says it s not there and I obviously need to use it because I have been trying to restore my computer to factory settings But what I mean but my computer not saying it s there is that my Recovery Manager says quot Your computer does not have a recovery partition quot Recovery Partition Problem I ve tried and look for everywhere on how to fix this but I have yet to find a way And yes I ve tried running recovery manager from the boot menu but the system restore option isn t available I ve tried running the computer in safe mode but the same thing happens where my recovery manager says I don t have a recovery partition Another thing is that the same thing is said when I tried to use Recovery Disc Creation Recovery Partition Problem so that doesn t work either I have also tried this way to access the recovery partition Start Control Panel System and Security Administrative Tools Computer Management Recovery Partition Problem Disk Management Select the partition with the recovery right click select quot Mark Partition as Active quot But when the recovery manager pops up it still won t let me restore my computer to factory settings and not just that my computer restarts into recovery manager over and over again And the only way i can get past it is by using a back up CD which I already had that will only do as much as let me access my computer again So the question is Is there a way I can fix the problem to where my Recovery Manager actually says I have a recovery partition nbsp

Relevancy 33.97%

I was trying to download and run ComboFix. I followed the instructions to load Recovery Console prior to running ComboFix. While ComboFix was running, it stopped before completing. My computer went back to reboot itself. When I got to the screen to chose starting Windows XP or Recovery Console, it could not boot windows. After I chose to stop itself from rebooting, I got the error message "STOP: c0000135 (Unable to locate component.) This application failed to start because basesrv was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." So I chose recovery console and ran chkdsk. After a long time it finished, indicating that it had repaired some items. Again I tried to boot windows and are still unable. This is my office computer so I would really appreciate any help.

A:Recovery Console Problem?

I was trying to download and run ComboFix. I followed the instructions to load Recovery Console prior to running ComboFix. While ComboFix was running, it stopped before completing. My computer went back to reboot itself. When I got to the screen to chose starting Windows XP or Recovery Console, it could not boot windows. After I chose to stop itself from rebooting, I got the error message "STOP: c0000135 (Unable to locate component.) This application failed to start because basesrv was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." So I chose recovery console and ran chkdsk. After a long time it finished, indicating that it had repaired some items. Again I tried to boot windows and are still unable. This is my office computer so I would really appreciate any help.Have a read here about ComboFix. You may have to completely reinstall your operating system.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/170459/recovery-console-problem/
Relevancy 33.97%

I just completed a non-destructive recovery using the hidden SoftThinks 1.8 recovery partition that came with my HP Pavilion 740n desktop. Upon startup, however, I get the message:

NTLDR is compressed
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart

Following these instructions results in an endless cycle of restarts. What should I do?

A:Startup Problem after XP Recovery

hi amarrao,
take a look at this and the procedure
rgrds bobby

Errors:

Below are the full error messages that may be seen when the computer is booting.

NTLDR is Missing
Press any key to restart

Boot: Couldn't find NTLDR
Please insert another disk

Cause:

1. Computer is booting from a non-bootable source.
2. Computer hard disk drive is not properly setup in BIOS.
3. Corrupt NTLDR and/or NTDETECT.COM file.
4. Misconfiguration with the boot.ini file.
5. Attempting to upgrade from a Windows 95, 98, or ME computer that is using FAT32.
6. New hard disk drive being added.
7. Corrupt boot sector / master boot record.
8. Seriously corrupted version of Windows 2000 or Windows XP.
9. Loose or Faulty IDE/EIDE hard disk drive cable.
Solutions:

Computer is booting from a non-bootable source

Many times this error is caused when the computer is attempting to boot from a non-bootable floppy disk or CD-ROM. First verify that no floppy diskette is in the computer, unless you are attempting to boot from a diskette.

If you are attempting to boot from a floppy diskette and are receiving this error message it is likely that the diskette does not have all the necessary files and/or is corrupt.

If you are attempting to install Windows XP or Windows 2000 and are receiving this error message as the computer is booting verify that your computer BIOS has the proper boot settings. For example, if you are attempting to run the install from the CD-ROM make sure the CD-ROM is the first boot device, and not the hard disk drive. Second, when the computer is booting you should receive the below prompt.

Press any key to boot from the CD

When you see this message press any key such as the Enter key immediately, otherwise it will try booting from the hard drive and likely get the NTLDR error again.

Note: If you are not receiving the above message and your BIOS boot options are set properly it's also possible that your CD-ROM drive may not be booting from the CD-ROM properly. Verify the jumpers are set properly on the CD-ROM drive.
==============================================
Computer hard disk drive is not properly setup in BIOS.

Verify that your computer hard disk drive is properly setup in the BIOS / CMOS setup. Improper settings can cause this error.
==============================================
Corrupt NTLDR and/or NTDETECT.COM file

Windows XP users

1. Insert the Windows XP bootable CD into the computer.
2. When prompted to press any key to boot from the CD, press any key.
3. Once in the Windows XP setup menu press the "R" key to repair Windows.
4. Log into your Windows installation by pressing the "1" key and pressing enter.
5. You will then be prompted for your administrator password, enter that password.
6. Copy the below two files to the root directory of the primary hard disk. In the below example we are copying these files from the CD-ROM drive letter "E". This letter may be different on your computer.

copy e:\i386\ntldr c:\
copy e:\i386\ntdetect.com c:\

7. Once both of these files have been successfully copied, remove the CD from the computer and reboot.
==================================================
Misconfiguration with the boot.ini file

Edit the boot.ini on the root directory of the hard disk drive and verify that it is pointing to the correct location of your Windows Operating System and that the partitions are properly defined.
Corrupt boot sector / master boot record.

It's possible your computer's hard disk drive may have a corrupt boot sector and/or master boot record. These can be repaired through the Microsoft Windows Recovery console by running the fixboot and fixmbr commands.
Seriously corrupted version of Windows 2000 or Windows XP

If you have tried each of the above recommendations that apply to your situation and you continue to expe... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/23443/startup-problem-after-xp-recovery/
Relevancy 33.97%

I found my original Systm recovery disks and system Repair disk however they are not working The System Recovery Disk uses Dell Datasafe the chosen option is to run from my Harddrive and computer reboots during the reboot to the recovery partition right away I get problem with the boot manager quot status xc f nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp The boot selection failed because a required device in inaccessible quot I have no problems booting from C drive nbsp so then I thought i should run problem partition recovery a repair on the MBR on the recovery partition but then I found the recovery partition doesn t have a letter assigned nbsp This means I can recovery partition problem t transfer missing files or anything nbsp so main question right now is how to name the recovery partition and any other thoughts on system recovery giving this error nbsp should I uninstall datasafe and install DBAR if so do I need to start on an earlier version of DBAR and upgrade or can I go straight to the latest version

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19993453
Relevancy 33.97%

hi: i am not able to run recovery on by laptop. when i try to run recovery from hard drive or even booting system from DvD Rom using recovery discs i get the following error:

Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

my system is HP pavilion dv6 2150us. my hard drive is dynamic ( someone told me that this error is because of dynamic hard drive). will i have to convert dynamic hard drive to basic to run recovery? or is there another way around?

Plz guide me for this error.
Thanks

A:Windows 7 Recovery Problem

Take a look at Post 1 in this tutorial:
Convert a Dynamic Disk to a Basic Disk

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/136381-windows-7-recovery-problem.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello!
I have a problem regarding partition. my OS is Win XP Pro. i was merging two partition with partition magic on 1 disk and unexpectedly the electricity went off. i had a large number of data files on one of the partition i was merging. and you can guess the rest. it ofcourse didnt got merged and i cannot access my data files too... when i re-run the partition magic program, it just hangs up everytime i try to recover the files as it prompts me that it has marked the drive for safety. it doest show in dos or explorer .how can i recover them? please help! thanks in advance!

A:Data Recovery Problem!

Hello and welcome,

If the partition has been corrupted then you will need to use data recovery software to recover files. Can you load windows? Or can you use a spare system?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/150408/data-recovery-problem/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello, my problem is quite weird. I had a virus so i put in my windows System Recovery disks. (there are 2) and i did what i think you call, a destructive recovery (which reformats the hard drive). After doing so, the computer which was now recovered, turns on and goes to a screen that says it is a one time setup process, with something called ProcessLogger.exe and BlockTracker.exe turned on in the background.

ProcessLogger has a timer of 16 hours, which I waited out, then it restarts on its own and does the same thing over. I've tried recovering again with the CDs, but that has done nothing as well...

I really need to get this computer up and running and i am up to do anything to try and get this to work, so if anyone can help, that would be very nice, Thank you.

A:Problem after System Recovery

Sounds like your destructive recovery may not have fully reformatted the hard drive as you had thought. A Google search for ProcessLogger.exe suggests it is some kind of spyware.

If you want to try a destructive recovery again, you could first use a free program like DBAN on a bootable CD to zero fill every sector on the hard drive. This will kill all partitions (including any hidden recovery partition) on the drive. Running the recovery discs will then be starting with a totally blank hard drive. Be careful if you physically have more than one hard drive. You don't want to erase the wrong one.

Otherwise, you could click the "Report" link in your first post and request a move to the malware removal forum and a specialist there may be able to suggest another solution.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-after-system-recovery.954528/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi?
I have Windows XP SP2 updated with SP3 and all the updates from Microsoft website.
But now I can?t recover my pc after put it into stand by. I just go to Start>Turn off Computer>Stand By and the monitor is getting off (as it happens usually) and after that I can?t bring it back unless I have to restart.
I have MSI Motherboard with VIA Chipset (K8MM-V Series MS-7142 micro ATX) and Phoenix Award BIOS 1.60 updated with all the latest drivers from motherboard?s site.
Please help me because I use this service a lot and if you need more information corresponding with this problem, ask for it.

A:Stand By Recovery Problem

A lot of hibernation and standby problems can be caused by faulty video drivers. You might try uninstalling/reinstalling them

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/165233/stand-by-recovery-problem/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi I have a hp 15 notebook pc windows 10  64 bits. First i wanted to reset my laptop  and during the reseting it said problem has occured with reseting so i continued normal to windows 10 but it did not even want to startup . It only showed the hp logo. Then i opened F11 and tried to recover  the computer. It then said there is no image recovery file and it cant reset , refresh and recover and also it doesn't have the image file at all . So im asking how i can fix this situation. and also i did not put the image file on a usb flash drive or anything. please some one help me 

A:recovery image problem

Hello, Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum.  Please, read this  article and follow the best solution for you >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04718479 If you don't have the recovery image file, there are several options now: - if your computer arrived with Windows 10 preinstalled, you can order recovery media from HP directly or from a 3rd party website such as http://www.computersurgeons.com/>> http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html Once you receive the recovery media, follow these steps, please >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04758961 - If you previously had Windows 7 or Windows 8, then you upgraded to Windows 10 and Windows 10 was activated, then you were assigned a unique machine identifier ?the Digital Entitlement. So, you can also try to download the Windows 10 installation media - free from Microsoft web site >> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10>> http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/ultimate-windows-10-activation-license-faq/You can use the ISO "burned" on a DVD or USB to do a repair or clean installation of Windows 10  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/recovery-image-problem/td-p/5595320
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi hope someone can help, i have recovered my MSI netbook to factory settings using the recovery partition F3 button.

Now when i turn on it says on black screen with white writing " windows was unable to start" Error code is 0xc000000f

Any ideas

A:MSI U135DX Recovery problem

Do you get any mention of "file \Boot\BCD"
If so here are the instructions for a manual repair, using a Windows Disc:
Recovering the Windows Bootloader from the DVD - EasyBCD - NeoSmart Technologies Wiki

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/msi-u135dx-recovery-problem-662969.html
Relevancy 33.97%

HI , trying to make a recovery disc win 7 premium on an e machine el 3160 new computer.Problem is I keep getting message saying please insert blank disk , Brand new maxell cd-r 700mb disk is in machine. have used cd recorder to play and record cd's with no problem.What am I doing wrong?
Checked forum found a lot of similar problems , but not this specific one. Very nice site!!!

Relevancy 33.97%

I want recovery my hp nc6220 laptop but ? dont know haw can ? do it

A:Hp nc6220 recovery problem

Cerkes Generally speaking, the way to invoke the HP Recovery Manager is by pressing the F11 key when first booting. Here's a thread with instructions, and while it is for Vista, the process is essentially the same for XP:  HP Notebook PCs - Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows Vista) | HPģ Customer Support If F11 does not work, that implies that either the Recovery partition is corrupted or, even worse, that the hard drive has failed. To check out the latter, press Esc key repeatedly while booting and when you get the HP utilities menu, choose the option to run hard disk tests. Good Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hp-nc6220-recovery-problem/td-p/5666089
Relevancy 33.97%

My computer has a problem and i have not got any cd etc... (also my dvd player doesn't work...)
i restart my computer and press f11 (system recovery) ( I have got hp pavilion) .... but it don't work ... what can i do?

1 time i have done it but now it don't work....

i have a problem with windows boot manger ... file : \Boot\BCD but when i start computer it give me windows start fail...

i can only do system recovery but when i press f11, it don't work...
is there any more option to launch system recovery?

A:Problem with system recovery

Your attention is directed to method 2
System Recovery Options

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/108401-problem-system-recovery.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi hope someone can help, i could not recover my MSI netbook to factory settings using the recovery partition F3 button.
I keep pressing F3 button on start but I log into windows normally.
last month I tried shrink Partition C volume using disk management but I failed.
Is there any relation???
I hope rapid response.

A:MSI U135DX Recovery problem

Hello,

Try repeatedly tapping the F3 key as soon as you power on the netbook.

It is possible that the Recovery Partition was damaged.

Post a screenshot of your Disk Management window for review.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/msi-u135dx-recovery-problem-678265.html
Relevancy 33.97%

It was suggested that i make a new thread regarding a problem my pops is having with his laptop HP g - dx w Windows Vista Home Premium The old thread see http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html was about a Vista Activation Key problem after having a virus issue My dad now has the recovery discs from HP When he tries to use it he often gets this error Status xc fThe boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible Insert your windows installation disc amp restart your computer Choose your language settings and click quot Next quot Click quot Repair your computer quot Problem Recovery Using Discs Enter Continue He either gets that or a blue screen as shown in the file attached to this thread After looking at some google search results regarding that error provided by moderater hamluis in previous thread it seems that this hd may be toast Thoughts or suggestions that i can have my Problem Using Recovery Discs dad do I wont be around to help him for a few weeks as he lives hrs away thx in advance -max

Relevancy 33.97%

I tried to format my Travelmate C110 using recovery CD provided. Right at the start, it kept saying something like " not enough memory, remove some drivers from your config.sys" ???? It doesn't make sense since I booted from the CD. Please help. Thank's

A:Problem with ACER Recovery CD - Win XP

Welcome to TSF....

Sounds like you are trying to run the recovery cd thru windows. If you are what has to be done is boot from it and you might have to set the computer to boot from the CD-ROM in BIOS first. Here is how to enter the BIOS setup then you can find the correct screen and follow the screen prompts to set the boot order.

How to enter the BIOS setup

http://www.techsupportforum.com/cont...e/Tips/48.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f108/problem-with-acer-recovery-cd-win-xp-273887.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I have a friends laptop which seems to have encountered a Malaware Virus problem resulting in the loss of all Document files ect I spoke to Kevinf via Private message as it seems to be a similar problem to one of his past fixes Kevin here are the DDS Logs Windows Recovery Problem as per your request Barry DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by Barbie at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Windows Recovery Problem Edition GMT Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files COMODO COMODO System-Cleaner Cleaner Validator exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS Windows Recovery Problem system igfxpers exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM stsystra exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Canon Solution Menu EX CNSEMAIN EXE C PROGRA Guffins bar bin u brmon exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C DOCUME Barbie LOCALS Temp mcupdate exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files Canon IJPLM IJPLMSVC EXE C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS System wltrysvc exe C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www bbc co uk uSearch Bar hxxp mysearch myway com jsp dellsidebar jsp p DK uDefault Page URL hxxp www dell co uk myway uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext quot c program files outlook express msimn exe quot uURLSearchHooks N A d f -b fe- -bf - ab d d - c program files mywaysa srchasde deSrcAs dll uURLSearchHooks N A c d c- ea- -a d- fecc - c program files guffins bar bin u SrcAs dll mURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO Canon Easy-WebPrint EX BHO d ad-bfff- f -bf b-a c fed - c program files canon easy-webprint ex ewpexbho dll BHO d f -b fe- -bf - ab d d - c program files mywaysa srchasde deSrcAs dll BHO RadioBar Toolbar b e c- a - - b-a b a b - c program files radiobar toolbar ni dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Search Helper ebf - f- bff-a f-b e aac b - c program files microsoft search enhancement pack search helper SearchHelper dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Toolbar BHO a eefe- a - d d-a - b bb - c progra guffins bar bin u bar dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO Inbox Toolbar d d d - f d- c-b c -e f b - c progra inboxt Inbox dll BHO Search Assistant BHO d a... Read more

Relevancy 33.97%

I have this Acer ultrabook came with windows 8. Recovery option got corrupted for some reason. I tried every single available option on windows recovery options. I even tried another windows 8 OEM disk and tried "repair my computer" but no success on that one too. Now i don't have any windows 8 product key. Right now my situation is like this smiley here

Please help me how can i get myself out from this problem

A:windows 8 recovery problem ? Please help ?

The product key should be on the underside of the computer.

You can contact Acer for a set of recovery disks for which they may charge, but the corruption could be due to a hardware defect and if it's still under warranty, then returning it to have it checked out would be a better option.

What was your reason for trying to recover the system ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-8-recovery-problem-please-help-741881.html
Relevancy 33.97%

while following the instructions in part ONE at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307545
I am not able to copy the files from c:\windows\repair to c:\windows\system32\config

the copy command does not seem to be working!!

What could be the reason for this problem? Plz help me out

Relevancy 33.97%

So, I pressed F11 to do the recovery thing since my computer was totally messed up. I've done it before and I knew that all my files would be in the My Backup (date of recovery here) folder. Well, the problem is that basically all my music files wont play. They wont play in Winamp, Windows Media Player, nothing.

They were just fine before the recovery thing so I dont know what's wrong. Can anyone help me?

Relevancy 33.97%

i dont kno how to put a post on this thread but i have a problem with my hp pavilion 521n. It started with the my pc get some virus or trojans..so i took it on myself to restore it to a earlier date... the pc after that is rstarted and freeze when it is suppose to go back to windows....i got my windows xp installation disc but i cant go into windows to go to fdisk... can you help me out please?

A:windows recovery problem

at what stage does it freeze?, can you boot in "safe mode" ie, by tapping F8 at startup ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-recovery-problem-285085.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi Guys,

Need some help my hard drive is not picking up and I was told to update bios so I downloaded a newer version I had 3.10 and the newest was 3.15 but the file is exe and not iso how do I burn it and run it at start up because I can't get into windows. PC is Compaq Presario SR1215CL Desktop PC. Bio file is sp26567.

Thank You
alisean

A:System Recovery Problem

You might have to use a floppy drive if you have one, or download and copy it on a USB from another computer then use your BIOS update utility and see if that works.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/system-recovery-problem-542901.html
Relevancy 33.97%

i have a VAIO VGN-FZ160E. when i tried to recover my laptop to its factory settings by using the recovery drive, i changed the active partition of my hard drive from "C" to "Recovery partition" by means of "Acronis Disc Director" software and then reboot it (because this method was helpful in recovering my old Dell laptop). after that an error appears : "can't find ntldr , press ctrl+alt+del to restart". i try to install new OS (XP,Vista and even 7) but none of them could see my hard drive. i even used some bootable softwares like "Partition Magic" to undo this but it can not find my hard drive either.

A:Vaio Recovery Problem

well, when given information how to fix something on one computer, be wary of trying it on a different computer as things like this can happen. with HP computers (all that i've seen) when booting you can open the boot menu and select the recovery partition and recover that ay. not making it the active partition.

as far as re installing,

are you using a oem cd or a burned copy?

does the cd boot when you start the computer or does it just pop up sayin cant find ntldr?

if the cd boots and goes through the install process til where you would select the partition, is there just not a hdd (hard drive) there at all or does it show a hdd without partitions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vaio-recovery-problem.876006/
Relevancy 33.97%

I have a hp slim pc It was upgraded using hps own upgrade dvd and install assistant the pc works fine but with the exception of one thing the recovery cd creation an error of incorrect parameters and the usual stop symbol pops up ending in error which ive found on the net researched and tried replacing recd exe that made no dif either I have made a successful backup to an external freecom drive which seems to work fine i only found out that the cd recovery didnt work as i used it to check as windows problem recovery 7 you should that the complete pc recovery actually worked fortunately i did have a spare cd from my other desktop so i can use that should problems arise the only difference between my two desktops windows 7 recovery problem is one is oem and the other has a full retail windows which i upgraded over vista premium as hp wouldnt sell me oem upgrade dvd set for my model as it didnt come within microsofts cut off date for free upgrades Its bugging me that i cant find any simple solution ms want cash to give support as its oem hp support are as useful as a chocolate fireguard so ive decided to ask here it isnt anything to do with dodgy cd or dvd media as ive tried that too vista apparently had similar issues so no doubt this is similar to windows any ideas please

A:windows 7 recovery problem

It may be that HP blocked the CD creation. That is so you have to buy theirs.
But I am not completely sure.

~Lordbob

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/55420-windows-7-recovery-problem.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi All,
I just bought an open box asus N550JV but it seems to have some problem with recovery partition. I'm trying to figure it out before sending it back since I got a good deal on it.
I can't get into the recovery by pressing F9. I can get to bios by pressing F2.
I try to use the recovery option in windows 8 under pc setting/general/remove everything and install windows but get the error that some of the files are missing and insert media.
The recovery partitions are there. not sure why F9 doesn't work.
Here are some snapshots of the partitions and settings.
Anybody has a clue what might be wrong. It is a UEFI system and I confirmed there are files and folders in the recovery partitions. I'm also not sure why there are 2 recovery partition.

A:Problem with recovery partition

Everything seems to look the way it should. Maybe you just need to re-register the Recovery image. Try running the following command in an administrative command prompt and attach the results.

reagentc /info

The two recovery partitions are for the Recovery Tools (small one) and the larger one holds the recovery/reset factory image.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/39051-problem-recovery-partition.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I m having a problem reinstalling my Win OS following a reformat of my C-Drive Problem Recovery Emergency to clear the W Gibe-F virus My Emergency Recovery Disk autoexec bat file includes the following SET instruction set LglDrv Emergency Recovery Problem Z Y X W V U T S R Q P set LglDrv LglDrv O N M Emergency Recovery Problem L K J I H G F E D C When I boot from this floppy a RAM-Drive is created as D my second Emergency Recovery Problem hard drive does not get recognized and my system assigns C to what is actually my D-Drive which is set to slave -- my actual C-Drive is set to master I determined this from reading the directory contents This appears to be the result of the value linked to LglDrv since the autoexec bat file includes the instruction call setramd bat LglDrv Can someone explain how the set LglDrv syntax works Can I simply force LglDrv to E call setramd bat E by over-writing the set LglDrv instruction Presumably my CD-ROM drive will become F if I do this Cheers davgrave nbsp

A:Emergency Recovery Problem

Not sure how you would achieve that but have you tried disconnecting the slave drive and then reinstall ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/emergency-recovery-problem.209987/
Relevancy 33.97%

Can anyone help?
I have recently tried to perform a full destructive system recovery on a Gateway MX8554b laptop. I first created a recovery dvd using the onbord software then upon rebooting I loaded the recovery program and chose to install from disc, which worked fine until it spat out disc #1 then asked for disc#2. When I created the disc it told me I only required 1 blank dvd.
I have since discovered that the recovery software will read from the hard drive but I am unable to do this because every time I run the recovery software it reverts back to the unfinished session and asks for disc#2.
Is there an easier answer than formatting the disc, installing xp then installing drivers?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/gateway-recovery-problem-412143.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello I have an HP laptop that needed to be upgraded to windows having Windows originally The owner updated on his own but the system halted every time with a BSOD making reference problem HP partition Recovery to an AMD driver HP Recovery partition problem file I installed Windows almost clean meaning wiped out all the partitions except the HP OEM Recovery just in case Turns out the problem with windows is the driver for the AMD board and it does not seem to have a fix yet Now my biggest problem I cannot for the life of me boot from the OEM partition to restore Windows I cannot set the partition to active from windows and other rd party tools also don't give me that option I've run out of ideas there's no recovery disks from the owner and I am starting to feel the pressure In all the time I've had installing operating systems I've never came across a situation like this where a simple driver makes impossible to install the system Does anyone have any tool recomendation to force booting from the OEM partition Thanks in advance

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/75102-hp-recovery-partition-problem.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I used System Recovery because there was something wrong with the pc. The antivirus kept finding the same virus but couldn't remove it so I decided to restore my notebook to it' s factory settings using System Recovery.Now after almost 5-6 hours of waiting it keeps asking me to put basic information(country of residence, language, keyboard language and time zone), after that it asks for an internet connection, which I give and everything is fine. Problem is after I choose the use quick settings options the pc restarts and goes back to the basic information step and I have to do it again and again.Please help me, I have exams for which I need my pc in 1 and a half weeks and I really can't afford to spend any money on a new one.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Problem-after-using-System-Recovery/td-p/5629919
Relevancy 33.97%

I hav a problem with the Recovery drive (D,10GB) of my dell 1525 laptop,i have recently reinstalled the OS Of my system with the vista cd that came with it,now aftr reinstalation evrtng is fine excpt tht the (D) drive is missing in 'My Computer' option,
1.i havnt made the copy of 'D' drive initially,Is thr any way i can get it bak now?
2. Wht r d limitations of not havng tht drive?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/recovery-drive-problem-425854.html
Relevancy 33.97%

We are having a problem usin ghte NT password recovery as we do not have a Windows disk to adjust the Boot directory.

What do wqe do.
My son is beside himself and can't watch his anime help!!!

A:Having a problem using NT password recovery

Hello Linda, and welcome to Seven Forums.

This may work better for you instead then.

Password Reset : Using System Restore in Windows 7

Quote:
If you don't have a proper Windows installation disk, have a look at the link below to create a repair disk that can be used to reset your user account password in Windows 7 and Vista.

System Repair Disk - Create

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/200142-having-problem-using-nt-password-recovery.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hey everyone I am having an issue with an old dell laptop that a friend gave to me with xp home and I would like to reformat it and reinstall Recovery using OEM XP CD System Problem windows Problem is that it doesnt have a recovery partition on it and I was not given the Discs I managed to locate a Windows XP Dell System Recovery using XP OEM CD Problem OEM CD Can I use this to reformat and reinstall a fresh copy of windows When I insert the disc it says quot Welcome to Microsoft Windows XP' quot What would you like System Recovery using XP OEM CD Problem to do quot - gt Install Windows XP - gt Learn more about the setup process - gt Install optional windows components and so on The next step gives me Upgrade or New Installation Then I enter the OEM key and it brings me to the setup options It then begins copying setup System Recovery using XP OEM CD Problem files and restarts the computer Then it asks me which operating system to start windows xp home or windows xp home setup so i select windows xp home setup Then a blue screen that gives me the option to setup windows by pressing ENTER or repair by using recovery console by pressing R I press ENTER then it searches for previous versions of windows and says to repair the current one press R or to install a fresh copy press ESC Now it shows me partitions C and E What do I do from here I select the larger partition and it says installing a second operating system can cause it to not function properly

A:System Recovery using XP OEM CD Problem

if there is not data needed on either partition, delete them both. highlight the partition and press d to delete. you should have to press L to confirm. once they are gone, install in the newly unallocated space.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/system-recovery-using-xp-oem-cd-problem-407788.html
Relevancy 33.97%

My laptop's DVD/CD drive will not write anything and sometimes will not read either.
- I have tried a CD/DVD drive cleaner without success

Q1: Is it possible to make a recovery media on a USB stick ?One option I have is to buy an external DVD/CD drive but some (cheap) devices do not write DVDs but will write CDs
Q2: If so what capacity USB stick would I need for 32bit Win7 Home Premium?
Q3: And how would I make the recovery USB-media ?
- a tutorial would be appreciated, specifically applying to USB stick

Thank you?

A:Recovery disc problem,

I want to do a clean OS install on the same laptop.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/398284-recovery-disc-problem.html
Relevancy 33.97%

The operating system couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors .File: fwpkclnt.sysError code: 0xc0000221

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/System-Recovery-problem/td-p/5806466
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi all I have Recovery Data Problem Win XP recently changed Win XP Data Recovery Problem motherboards and win xp will not load at all Whenever I switch my pc on it powers up passes the POST and BIOS then a blue screen flashes up for about a second then the computer reboots After the reboot the quot Windows was not shut down properly do you want to load in safe mode quot screen appears but after trying every mode the same cycle happens again and again I tried to installing windows on my nd HD which worked but the main problem i m having is recovering my files from my st HD Whenever I try to open my user profile folder I had other user accounts set up with passwords from my st HD in the documents and settings folder I get access denied The folder that my files are in show that it is empty and displays a size of k If these files had been deleted I know for sure that my harddisk space would have increased but it has stayed the same Is there Win XP Data Recovery Problem anyway of getting into this folder in Documents amp Settings and retrieving my data Thanks for any help given Tyrone nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-data-recovery-problem.172583/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hey Guys

I have A NEC Versa M540 Notebook and it has a partition that has nec recovery console on it (press F11 to boot to it at power on) and when you press Partial Recovery (reinstalls system files but keeps your data) it says prepairing HDD and then it says Runtime Error 76 and reboots. after reboot HDD is empty!

Why Is This?

A:NEC Recovery Console Problem

It sounds like your recovery partition may have been damaged. Did you happen to recieve recovery cd's with your system or make them from the program menu? If you do not have cd recovery disks then you are going to have to contact NEC for a set. Usually the vendor will send you a set and only charge you for shipping. You could try using System Commander to see if the files you wanted to save are recoverable from your hdd. System Commander can recover files that have been deleted, very effective product. I use versions 8.10 and 9.0 depending on hardware.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nec-recovery-console-problem.630417/
Relevancy 33.97%

A while ago I was trying to find any other way possible to erase my HP Pavilion zt1145 laptop because the CD Drive did not work. Now, the CD Drive suddenly worked! I excitedly put in my Recovery Disk, and booted from the CD. Alas, my happiness ended when after I followed the instructions (caution this action will erase your hard drive, etc.) I got this message (black screen with white letters)

CDR101: Not ready reading drive X
Abort, Retry, Fail?

It appeared exactly like that. Please help!

A:Problem With Hp Recovery Disk

Do you have a program meant specifically to create recovery disks? On my Toshiba, I have a program called Toshiba Recovery Disk creator....
--- Jesse

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/87737/problem-with-hp-recovery-disk/
Relevancy 33.97%

Recently my PC crashed with a BSOD and when I rebooted I received the missing or corrupt \windows\system32\config\system messge.
I put in my XP disk and used recovery console to replace the system file. PC booted up ok. Now after a couple of minutes the PC gets a BSOD which flashes up something about the fltmgr.sys file and then it reboots.
In control panel when I click on system under the General flag it shows that I have XP Pro Service Pack 1 installed and very little information about the PC itself just that it has 1 GB of memory. When I go to add/remove programs it shows that Service Pack 2 is installed.
When I boot up into safe mode I am not getting the cycling BSOD problem.
Anybody got any clue how I can resolve this?

Cheers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-following-using-recovery-console-201700.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I've had my computer freeze twice already as I need to leave it on for aprox. 2 weeks for the program to fully recover everything. Is there a quicker way to do so? Perhaps a more efficient program?

A:Data recovery problem

what are you trying to recover? Just one/two files or the whole system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-recovery-problem.73673/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi I have a hp 15 notebook pc windows 10  64 bits. First i wanted to reset my laptop  and during the reseting it said problem has occured with reseting so i continued normal to windows 10 but it did not even want to startup . It only showed the hp logo. Then i opened F11 and tried to recover  the computer. It then said there is no image recovery file and it cant reset , refresh and recover and also it doesn't have the image file at all . So im asking how i can fix this situation and alos i doh not have a recover usb . and i would also like to ask where i can download the image revovery or get it

With Windows 10 you can use the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft and make an installation disk for just the operating system, at least. You might also or instead do a startup repair. Have you tried that?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/recovery-image-problem/td-p/5599509
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi all I am having a problem with this computer not wanting to boot at all not even bios post or HP logo will show on screen Computer was upgrade to win from win and video graphics were very unstable making it almost useless so finally got bios recovery Possible problem? win to revert back to win and this seemed to be fully successful after the final reboot into win Documents programs and all seemed to Possible bios recovery problem? be ok Windows showed important updates available and wanted to reboot so we let it It seemed to install of the updates and then locked up waited for hours and still stuck with black screen no errors and still powered on So forced a shutdown by holding power button and after a minute turned back on with power button Now all fans turn on but computer never enters bios to start up Nothing on screen keyboard and mouse not seen no beep sounds Seems like Possible bios recovery problem? cmos bios is not working at all Tried taking out cmos Battery Cannot find how to clear cmos to defaults that matches this Motherboard MB is H-Joshua-H -uATX Joshua Jumpers show pins in this MB on Hp web site and mine has with one blank and no numbers near pins I tried several positions for the jumper and each time this has failed to recover or reset the cmos Not sure what to try from here Can anyone help Added info I do not see how changing OS and going back could affect the cmos bios on this machine but definitely this seems to be a cmos motherboard problem as on power up all fans start but none of the attached devices monitor keyboard HDD USB or Optical drive start or are recognized So I cannot even boot to another device at all I am stumped Can anyone help nbsp No answers or replies yet Am i on the right forum for this question Thanks

A:Possible bios recovery problem?

Hi, How do you know that the other devices are not being recognized?  Upgrading from one OS to another will not change the CMOS settings but removing the CMOS battery will in some cases.  Check the voltage of the CMOS battery. If it's not 3.3 volts then replace it.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Possible-bios-recovery-problem/td-p/5208527
Relevancy 33.97%

I have an XP OS, Dell Dimension L100r PC with error message that says," windows cant' start, file is missing or corrupt: WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM

I have 2 XP cd-Disk, for repair files but can't remember which one I originally used so i put the 1 I thought was the correct in to boot for repair. It takes me 2 a screen that asks which installation do I want so I put 1 and hit enter. It doesn't ask for a password just gives me screen prompt such as this:
C\WINDOWS>. I put my admin password in anyway and it repeats the same screen prompt.

Please help. Don't want to lose my files that have been backed up in Live One Care and have to Re-Insatall my OS altogether.

A:XP Recovery Console Problem

See here for the steps you need to take to resolve the issue
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-recovery-console-problem.918103/
Relevancy 33.97%

HI, I'm running a dell c840 (laptop) about 14mth old.

Background:
i had a problem with winlogon consuming all my resources last week. i couldnt do anything. i got sick and reformatted the PC. I reinstalled everything.

I run panda which cant find any viruses. Albeit, that trendmicro housecall finds WORM_DUMARU.Z(http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=WORM_DUMARU.Z), which it dont seem to delete and if i follow the guide there are no signs of the virus in the registry. I understand that this is their error e.g. it aint on my PC.

Current Problem:

Everything seems fine except when my machine recovers from standby - it dont. The system (taskmanager) showns 99% and my CPU is at 100%. The only thing to do is hard power off and reboot. Everything is then normal as long as i dont use standby.

Any idea whats up? Would like full control over laptop again!

A:recovery problem from standby in XP

had an update on panda and got rid of 6 viruses.

still need help in fixing recovery from standby mode... please!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recovery-problem-from-standby-in-xp.211760/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi i would like to ask where can i get  a recover usb so recover my laptop because my recover files are gone and i cant recover it . where can i download it or get it. also i do not live  in the usa

Solved!
View Solution.

Hello @Amro12, Welcome back to the HP Support Forums! I came across your post about the Recovery Media, and wanted to help! To start, can you provide me with the Product Number of the notebook?  Here is a link you can use that will help you find your Model and Product Number:HP Customer Support - Products Looking forward to your reply. Have a great weekend!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/recovery-image-problem/td-p/5602128
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi,

sorry I'm not particularly computer literate so if this is the wrong place to put this thread please point me to where I should be.

I just turned on my 3 year old Samsung R60 Plus and instead of starting up properly the only option I got were to start a recovery and start windows normally. When I started normally it would go into a loop and start again after a blank screen. When I clicked instead to repair I wanted to make a basic recovery rather than a full restore which would delete all of my saved data (including some really important college documents I should've backed-up but forgot).

When I click to basic restore it says 'Windows partition or drive not found'
so I'm stuck now...really no idea where to go with this and starting to panic a little. Any help would be greatly appreciated

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-r60-plus-recovery-problem.1032291/