Windows Support Forum

Computer locks up and requires hard reboot after random moments of use

Q: Computer locks up and requires hard reboot after random moments of use

I'm unsure if this is a virus or some sort of problem with parts of my computer. My pc is locking up at random intervals and requires a hard reboot. I have ran a recent scan on mbam and it found a pup crossfire virus. I'm hoping the issue can be resolved easily instead of having to buy a new pc or new parts.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Computer locks up and requires hard reboot after random moments of use

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Computer locks up and requires hard reboot after random moments of use

Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.====================================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Download aswMBR to your desktop.Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it.If you see this question: Would you like to download latest Avast! virus definitions?" say "Yes".Click the "Scan" button to start scan.On completion of the scan click "Save log", save it to your desktop and post in your next reply.NOTE. aswMBR will create MBR.dat file on your desktop. This is a copy of your MBR. Do NOT delete it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/455332/computer-locks-up-and-requires-hard-reboot-after-random-moments-of-use/
Relevancy 86.86%

Starting a few days ago When ever i booted my PC after about 3-5 minutes on it would freeze. After hard reboot I would either get BSOD or the monitor wouldn't work. I've ran a full scan with both avast and malwarebytes and I'm not infected. I'm running memtest now, 6 passes and no errors.

Memtest finished 7 passes not 1 error.. restarted system was fine til earlier when i got home.. turned on PC and few mins in it froze again. had to hard reboot a few times didn't get any BSOD this time.

A:Computer freezes multiply times on start up, requires hard reboot

still need help :l

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/239672-computer-freezes-multiply-times-start-up-requires-hard-reboot.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hey there kinda new here Anyway Let's get down to business I don't know how to upload anything such as attachments otherwise I'd upload the PCHF results as Reboot Chrome Computer Requires Crashes/Stalls Hard - Google well as the MiniToolBox results Yet here's the speccy results http speccy piriform com results uxPbM rX Rufa ftyeSo So whenever I do anything open try to uninstall etc with google chrom my computer is fine for about three seconds then it stalls for about twenty seconds After this is -seems- fine yet really isn't Upon attempting ot do anything log off open the task manager etc the little spinning circle indicating it is loading pops up then it just outright freezes Google Chrome Crashes/Stalls Computer - Requires Hard Reboot from anywhere between two to five minutes After that the mouse can be moved the keyboard is not locked up as I can toggle caps lock num lock etc yet because everything else is still locked up I cannot do anything or see anything being typed if it is at all I have run multiple virus scans with Windows Security Essentials full scans I have run startup recovery I have attempted to system restore yet that failed each time My system is absolutely malware free and as of a month or so ago all of my drivers are up to date which I -think- may be part of my problem As I vaguely recall having a similar issue with chrome after updating my video drivers a Google Chrome Crashes/Stalls Computer - Requires Hard Reboot year or more ago I had to as I recall roll back my drivers to resolve the issue I am hoping I don't have to do that again and I have no idea if it will even solve the issue as I've successfully been using these drivers for well over a month now Once I know how to upload things I'll also upload my MiniToolBox and PCHF results Thanks in advance for your time if you need any additional information please feel free to ask D

A:Google Chrome Crashes/Stalls Computer - Requires Hard Reboot

Can I get some help?  I can't figure out how to upload attachments at all.  I've read your help topic here yet that doesn't help at all, it just tells me how to attach things however the buttons to do so are not at all available in the topic editor.  I've looked over the media library thing and can't upload it there I really have no idea how to include the files for viewing.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/490712/google-chrome-crashesstalls-computer-requires-hard-reboot/
Relevancy 86%

I ordered this computer from CyberPower I ve listed the relevant specs below I ve read Freezes Locks, Logs, 7 BSOD Reboot, No & No Requires Event Windows a lot of other people having similar issues but there doesn t seem to be any concrete answers My computer randomly freezes and locks up requiring a hard reset to continue The everything Windows 7 Freezes & Locks, Requires Reboot, No Event Logs, No BSOD except the mouse freezes and then eventually the mouse will too The HDD light is inactive Event Viewer shows nothing except quot The previous system shutdown at PM on was unexpected quot This seems to happen at completely random intervals It usually happens when I m Windows 7 Freezes & Locks, Requires Reboot, No Event Logs, No BSOD browsing the web or watching a streaming video netflix but it has also happened while loading a program or not doing anything at all There have been only a couple consistencies It has never done this while playing a game I play Starcraft II and Battlefield While trying Windows 7 Freezes & Locks, Requires Reboot, No Event Logs, No BSOD to reinstall BF it has locked up the past times I ve tried to install the game I have reinstalled Windows Installed current drivers Run Memtest with no fails Run Intel s diagnosis software on the SSD with not issues I m assuming this is a hardware problem What further troubleshooting can I do to narrow down the suspects Thanks for the help While writing this post the computer crashed but this was different as I received the BSOD The following event log occurred at boot The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x a x efb x d x xfffff eeb A dump was saved in C Windows MEMORY DMP Report Id I don t know if that is relevant or not Operating System Microsoft Windows Professional -BitMotherboard CrossFireX GigaByte GA- A-D AMD Socket AM ATX Mainboard w On Off Charge Audio GbLAN USB SATA-III RAID Gen PCIe X PCIe X amp PCICPU AMD FX- GHz Eight-Core AM CPU MB L Cache amp Turbo Core TechnologyVideo Card AMD Radeon HD GB GDDR X PCIe Video CardMemory GB GBx DDR MHz Dual Channel Memory Corsair Vengeance Power Supply Watts - CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold Plus Power Supply Gold OS Hard Drive GB Intel SSD SeriesData Hard Drive including Users amp ProgramData folders TB SATA-III Gb s MB Cache RPM HDDOptical Drive LG UH LS K X Blu-Ray Player amp DVDRW Combo DriveLCD Monitor quot Widescreen x Asus VS H-P LCDCooling Fan Asetek LC Liquid Cooling System MM Radiator amp Fan Advanced Cooling Performance Extreme Silent at dBA

A:Windows 7 Freezes & Locks, Requires Reboot, No Event Logs, No BSOD

How many passes did you allow Memtest to complete?I see that you've provided your setup, but please provide a Speccy snapshot for additional needed information.Use Speccy to provide details of your computer's configuration.Download, install, and run.After Speccy has finished gathering information, click File > Publish Snapshot.In the Publish Snapshot dialog box, click Yes to enable Speccy to proceed.A web address will be displayed. Click Copy to Clipboard and paste it in your next post. Include your computer's manufacturer and model number, as well.=========================================

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/439002/windows-7-freezes-locks-requires-reboot-no-event-logs-no-bsod/
Relevancy 84.71%

My computer is having trouble playing the Lego Hard During Gameplay Computer Needs Reboot Up Locks Star Wars game Computer Locks Up During Gameplay Needs Hard Reboot after being patched as is the Fantastic game I have upgraded drivers lowered graphics setting and done most everything a sub-expert user can do at a time like this I am including my latest hijackthis log to see if anyone can help Like I said i have tried just about everything and my games still crash my machine They go into a loop and don't go out to the desktop They just hang while you are playing the game and ctrl-alt-del doesn't get you out I downloaded new drivers form nvidia last night and I am trying the ones from major geeks today Also my computer generally runs slow so maybe someone can find out why Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXEC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYSC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system UAService exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Creative Shared Files Module Loader DLLML exeC Program Files Common Files Motive MotiveBrowser exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exeC Program Files Creative SBAudigy DVDAudio CTDVDDET EXEC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC WINDOWS CTHELPER EXEC Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exeC Program Files ATI Multimedia MAIN ATISched EXEC Program Files ATI Multimedia RemCtrl ATIRW exeC Program Files ATI Multimedia main ATIDtct EXEC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkCalRem exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC PROGRA Yahoo COMPAN Installs cpn YTBSDK exeC PROGRA WinZip winzip exeC unzipped hijackthis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dllO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D... Read more

A:Computer Locks Up During Gameplay Needs Hard Reboot

I moved hijackthis to program files and ran a new scan. here are teh results.Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1Scan saved at 4:37:26 PM, on 2/20/2007Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16414)Running processes:C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exeC:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXEC:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AppCore\AppSvc32.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exeC:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.EXEC:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYSC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\UAService7.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exeC:\Program Files\Creative\Shared Files\Module Loader\DLLML.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Motive\MotiveBrowser.exeC:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exeC:\Program Files\Digital Media Reader\shwiconem.exeC:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\jusched.exeC:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exeC:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exeC:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exeC:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exeC:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exeC:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exeC:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy4\Surround Mixer\CTSysVol.exeC:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy4\DVDAudio\CTDVDDET.EXEC:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exeC:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exeC:\WINDOWS\CTHELPER.EXEC:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exeC:\Program Files\Creative\MediaSource\Detector\CTDetect.exeC:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\MAIN\ATISched.EXEC:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\RemCtrl\ATIRW.exeC:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\main\ATIDtct.EXEC:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exeC:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\ymsgr_tray.exeC:\Program Files\BigFix\BigFix.exeC:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkCalRem.exeC:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\sdhelp.exeC:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdoctor.exeC:\unzipped\RootkitRevealer[1]\RootkitRevealer.exeC:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\RZFAT.exeC:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exeC:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\COMPAN~1\Installs\cpn1\YTBSDK.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exeC:\WINDOWS\explorer.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\taskmgr.exeC:\Program Files\HijackThis.exeR1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/81998/computer-locks-up-during-gameplay-needs-hard-reboot/
Relevancy 75.68%

Ok so I am going to try to explain this as thorougly as possible while trying not to sound like an idiot in requires Screen reboot randomly, hard Freezes the process Screen Freezes randomly, requires hard reboot I am by no means computer savvy so anyone that has any advice will more than likely need to talk to me like a Screen Freezes randomly, requires hard reboot th grader I am ok with Screen Freezes randomly, requires hard reboot that Since installing a Windows Update about a month ago my screen will randomly lock up At times it will clear itself after a couple of seconds and state something to the effect that quot display driver amd has stopped working and recovered quot Other times it will stay frozen for about minutes and then will start functioning properly again More often than not though it will stay frozen indefinitely and require a hard reboot This happens during mundane activities No extreme gaming going on Generally it is while just browsing the net It tends to happen more often to my wife who uses it during the day to work through a VPN I don't believe there is any correlation though I have read multiple forums on the web and have tried several things from cleaning the registry to uninstalling the driver software and reinstalling it in safe mode The latter seemed to work last night but today my wife started having the same issue again I am attaching the file from the SF Diagnostic tool but it said I didn't have any dumps to log I'm sorry if that makes a suggestion more difficult Thank you in advance for any and all help I can get Brandon

A:Screen Freezes randomly, requires hard reboot

See if you can get to the DMP's this way....

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/229295-screen-freezes-randomly-requires-hard-reboot.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Greetings all I have been stumped with this issue for quite some time now and hang, hard reboot requires randomly Windows 8.1 was finally able to find a forum like this Here's the issue my computer freezes hangs randomly when I'm using it It happens more when I'm playing League of Legends all of a Windows 8.1 randomly hang, requires hard reboot sudden the mouse and keyboard stop working and the screen is frozen as well Ctrl Alt Del doesn't do anything and so I have to resort to rebooting my computer by holding the power button I have already checked my drivers to ensure that they are all updated I just ran FurMark and that went fine for about minutes before I decided to turn it off I've tried using command prompt and using dism Windows 8.1 randomly hang, requires hard reboot online cleanup-image restorehealth However the issue still persists I have posted my specs below any and all help would be so appreciated Specifications Processor Type AMD A - KProcessor Speed GHzRAM GBHard Drive Capacity TBOptical Drive X DVDRW Slim Optical DriveGraphics Card AMD Radeon R XDedicated Graphic Card YesVideo Memory GBTV Tuner NoBuilt-in Monitor NoHDCP Compliant NoTouchscreen Display NoSound Card Integrated - Realtek ALC Audio Output High Definition Channel SurroundSpeakers NoIntegrated Microphone NoMicrophone Input x Front x BackLine-In Input x BackLine Out x Front x BackDigital Input NoDigital Output x BackEthernet Port Integrated Wi-Fi Dual Band Wi-Fi a b g n acIntegrated Bluetooth Yes - Modem NoUSB Ports x USB front rear x USB front rear DVI Output BackHDMI Output BackOther Input or Output Ports DisplayPort - BackWebcam NoColor Black

A:Windows 8.1 randomly hang, requires hard reboot

Let's start with this report:
Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).
FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504
While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582184/windows-81-randomly-hang-requires-hard-reboot/
Relevancy 75.25%

Just Requires Reboot Hangs Hard System Panel Control as I finished getting my system installed my Control Panel started hanging When I try to open it I can do nothing on the sytem I can not even get to the Task Manager to end task I have to Hard Reboot Control Panel does open in Safe Mode I can not believe Vista is this unstable I have nothing but Microsoft Products installed Of course incompatibilities and embarassing for MS bugs abound it is very disheartening I think I have had to hard reboot this system more in the past weeks then in the last years on w k and xp The system is weeks old There are no prior versions to Control Panel Hangs System Requires Hard Reboot restore from I have tried refreshing licenses creating a new user Control Panel Hangs System Requires Hard Reboot rebuilding icon cache I have no idea what else to try I would very much like to not have to waste another week rebuilding my brand new Laptop Dell XPS I tried reinstalling from OS That did not work Said 'Checking Configuration' all night Any ideas would be appreciated

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/166913-control-panel-hangs-system-requires-hard-reboot.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Attached SF Diag. file.

Windows 7 x64.
New computer - no new updates in Windows update.

I can't really say much about the BSOD. Completly random moments, playing games and watching videos, typing into a word document. There should be information about 3 crashes in the attatched file.

A:BSOD - Random moments, new computer.

prawler,

How is it possible? 28/01/2013?
Attachment 250962

Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known BSOD causer. Uninstall Daemon Tools at first. Then download SPTD standalone installer from Disk-Tools.com, and execute the downloaded file as guided below :
Double click to open it.
Click this button only:

If it is grayed out, as in the picture, there is no more SPTD in your system, and you just close the window.
Uninstall ESET. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.
Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.
Update your ATI/AMD display driver.
You can get it from the link in our forum, Latest AMD Catalyst Video Driver for Windows 7, or you may go to AMD Graphics Driver and Software and opt for Automatically Detect and Install the appropriate driver for your card.

During installation, you may opt for advanced installation, and install the display driver only, not the Catalyst Control Center.
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/274701-bsod-random-moments-new-computer.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi Seven Forums Have a strange to time & hard every USB corrupts file requires external Saving reboot recurring issue and hopefully you guys can help me home in on the problem Not sure it's software over hardware though Situation is - saving a file in Visual Studio to my external hard drive usb exFAT hardware encrypted always causes an AppHang The program stops responding and any other program which tries to access that location on the drive does the same These processes Saving file to external USB requires hard reboot & corrupts every time refuse to be killed and the only way out is to hard shut down the computer regular Saving file to external USB requires hard reboot & corrupts every time shut down just sits there After doing so chkdsk reveals that the location Saving file to external USB requires hard reboot & corrupts every time on the drive has corruption issues which it then fixes and all is fine Until the next time I try to save a file that is Some more information Only started happening about a month ago before that the files saved fine Doesn't happen if I use the drive on another computer running similar Visual Studio Other programs can save the same files fine The problem did once occur with P V but I can't say with certainty that it wasn't due to forgetting to fix with chkdsk following one of the reboots Tried saving files to other USB hard drives FAT and NTFS yet to try another exFAT works fine My initial thought was PSU not being quite up to powering the drive as I was already concerned that the wattage wasn't high enough for the machine Beefier one made no difference though Some googling suggested system file corruption ran System File Checker and there were indeed some corrupted files but have now resolved these and the problem persists Ran Visual Studio with no plugins and reinstalled it issue persists Ran windows in diagnostic startup services etc disabled and the problem is still there Since I can currently reproduce the problem of the time I hope there is some sort of diagnostics I can do to identify what the cause of this is but this isn't really my wheelhouse and googling this particular issue has proven mostly fruitless Hopefully you can help

A:Saving file to external USB requires hard reboot & corrupts every time

If it helps anyone who gets here via google:

It turned out the issue was strongly linked to the drive being exFAT. A USB stick I formatted to exFAT also had the same issues. My conclusion was that it was likely a bug in the latest Visual Studio. Have reformatted my drives to NTFS and all is well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/375713-saving-file-external-usb-requires-hard-reboot-corrupts-every-time.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello at first moments) computer on Random (no new specific BSODs I'm sorry that my english isn't that good but I'll try to make it kinda understandable Also Random BSODs on new computer (no specific moments) sorry for Random BSODs on new computer (no specific moments) the thread title - but I don't know anything about my problem Afaik it doesn't just happen at specific moments So my problem is that I'm getting BSOD on my new PC I've got the first BSOD on the th of December and the last one just some minutes ago when I started Battlefield the th BSOD so far I tried to find errors with memtest but it didn't found any Here is the description of the BSOD by bluescreenview Quote Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Bug Check Code x a Parameter Parameter Parameter Parameter fffff cb c Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe f File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win rtm - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe f Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File Time Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION Bug Check Code x b Parameter c Parameter fffff b Parameter fffff ea Parameter Caused By Driver win k sys Caused By Address win k sys c File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe f Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File Time Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION Bug Check Code x b Parameter c Parameter fffff Parameter fffff a Parameter Caused By Driver win k sys Caused By Address win k sys c File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe f Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File Time Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION Bug Check Code x b Parameter c Parameter fffff f Parameter fffff Parameter Caused By Driver win k sys Caused By Address win k sys c File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe f Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File Time In the attachments you can also find the dmp files My PC Intel Core i PowerColor Radeon R TurboDuo GB-Kit Crucial Ballistix Sport Series DDR - Crucial MX SSD GB TB WD Green HDD Gigabyte GA-H -D H I really hope someone can help me If you have questions or I forgot about some informations just ask me Thank you in advance EDIT The zip file is made with the tool quot DM Log Collector quot - I just saw the thread and added this file now

A:Random BSODs on new computer (no specific moments)

Hi xMoex.

Install Service pack 1 and all other windows updates. Otherwise the system will remain vulnerable to threats including BSODs. Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Service Pack and Update Center - Microsoft Windows
Let us know for any further BSOD after installing Service Pack 1.

Code:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/357105-random-bsods-new-computer-no-specific-moments.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Brand new custom computer running windows pro with New Custom requiring Computer, Random Hard Freezes, cold reboot. SP I installed the Os and drivers from the Asus motherboard disk on the first day I got it and from the nd day the computer started having random freezes that vary from - times per day The first time was while watching a video after that freezes would occur during virtually anything Sometimes even just from leaving it on without being used New Custom Computer, Random Hard Freezes, requiring cold reboot. These are hard freezes New Custom Computer, Random Hard Freezes, requiring cold reboot. and a hard reboot is the only way to get the computer working again During the freeze the mouse cursor disappears audio stops if on and the keyboard and mouse produce no response whatsoever I can still open the dvd drive but that's it I've dealt with a lot of PC problems over the New Custom Computer, Random Hard Freezes, requiring cold reboot. years using different computers but none like this When I check the Windows event viewer logs there's nothing I've been able to find about what's causing the freezes Just the error message of quot unexpected shutdown quot from me having to do a reboot I have quot WhoCrased quot installed on my computer and that reports nothing about the freezes either My temperatures seem to be fine I have quot CoreTemp quot installed and quot System Information for Windows quot I ran Memtest with no errors I flashed the Bios and there were less freezes for a few days Then they started reoccurring I ran a stress test with no problems and updated all of the drivers from the manufactures website My computer is Intel i rd Generation k Samsung Evo SSD as primary drive Seagate TB HDD for storage Asus H M-A Motherboard Crucial DDR Ram GB mhz Intel Onboard graphics and Orion watt power supply I can post more specs about my computer In Bios settings it looks like almost everything is set to default and to automatically detect Other troubleshoots I've tried Troubleshoot Went on Intel Asus and Realtek player's site and uninstalled updated all of the drivers Troubleshoot Checked computer for errors with sfc scannow None were found Troubleshoot Turned off all unnecessary services and start programs Troubleshoot Changed my Power setting to quot High Performance quot Troubleshoot Installed Windows Hotfixes for freezes Troubleshoot Installed all Windows updates Troubleshoot Resat The Ram in a different slot Troubleshoot Tested my Drives with Seagate Seatools Troubleshoot Checked and replaced all of the cables connected to the Harddrives and tried different ports I can have the motherboard Cpu or whatever replaced but I'm trying to figure out what's causing the problem first All of the hardware is new As far as the SSD I used it for weeks before getting this computer so I don't think it's that Please help It would be greatly appreciated

A:New Custom Computer, Random Hard Freezes, requiring cold reboot.

Reading all of that the first thing that comes to my mind is your power supply.

Orion 585 Watt

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/330898-new-custom-computer-random-hard-freezes-requiring-cold-reboot.html
Relevancy 72.24%

My name is Jane and I am on a Windows X system and all has been great for a while About days ago I started having the computer freeze up suddenly At first it would recover after a short time but finally it totally crashed the system requiring a reboot to get going again It seems to happen a requires - freezing Computer randomly reboot lot when i right click on something but has also happened when the system was not active once today I was reading some web instructions and suddenly my screen went black and I got a message saying there was no video signal The progress I have seen with this was at first just freezing for a few Computer freezing randomly - requires reboot seconds then for a longer time Then it stopped recovering at all and the screen would black out and I would get the no signal message Now my user account is totally trashed If I try to log in to it I get a black screen the no signal message and have to reboot to get my video back I am using the Admin account to send this and it seems to be ok but I did have one crash from this account earlier too At first I thought it was something in Chrome so I uninstalled it and reinstalled because the crashes seem to always come when I was using Chrome I do not think that fixed it though because it has crashed since then I looked around in safe mode but I really have no idea of what I am looking for Any thoughts suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated

A:Computer freezing randomly - requires reboot

This might or might not help but is worth trying.
In administrator command prompt run sfc /scannow.

Then run Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

in administrator command prompt & reboot & run sfc again.

Post back with results.

Both commands take a while to finish.
Up to an hour.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/29687-computer-freezing-randomly-requires-reboot.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello Everyone,

Here lately my Windows XP system has been freezing randomly aup to five times a day. It requires a manual reboot with me holding the power button in for 5 seconds.

I use Trend Micro Internet security for spyware, virus protection etc. It has been very reliable the past few years and I rarely have problems with my computer. However, this is one problem that I haven't yet been able to solve.

If there is anyone out there that could assist me with this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

A:Computer Freeze Requires Manual Reboot

Hi .Error messages in Event Viewer...that are relevant?How To Use Event Viewer - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/ Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/166439/computer-freeze-requires-manual-reboot/
Relevancy 71.38%

UPDATE Problem sorted THANKS Hi guys I the to requires program reboot..." "Setup detected that computer has another m really glad I found this forum and hope you can help I was infected with AV Security Suite ran all the recommended programs such as GMER TDDS Killer rkill and malwarebytes and my PC seems to be clean now "Setup has detected that another program requires the computer to reboot..." When I ran Combofix I didn t manage to disable Avast so I decided to uninstall it On re-installing the program I repeatedly encountered the following prompt Setup has detected that another program setup requires the computer to reboot You must reboot the computer before installing avast Once the system reboots you need to restart setup If you decide to continue application may not work correctly Do you want to continue Yes NoOf course I said no each time and I m now wondering what that quot other program setup quot could be I disabled the Windows firewall "Setup has detected that another program requires the computer to reboot..." finished the Windows Update Manager all to no avail An Adobe Acrobat Reader Update icon that appears on my taskbar during startup seems kinda genuine when I move the cursor over it or right click it actually "Setup has detected that another program requires the computer to reboot..." says the name and I can close it so I doubt that s the problem but I m not sure Any idea what that other program setup that requires the computer to reboot could be On the web I found the following help for this problem quot Modifying the Windows Registry quot but I don t want to mess with the registry unless absolutely necessary even though I have done a back-up with ERUNT Method Modify the Windows Registry Click Start click Run type regedit and then click OK Locate and then click the following registry key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Control Session Manager In the right pane right-click PendingFileRenameOperations and then click Delete Would you recommend this action Many thanks in advance MichaelEDIT Moved from XP to Am I Infected forum Hamluis UPDATE Problem sorted THANKS

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/329237/setup-has-detected-that-another-program-requires-the-computer-to-reboot/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello I recently about - months ago so not very recently upraded my system to Windows bit from Vista Ever since then my computer has had up, startup hard 30-40 reboot sec after Completely required locks from issues where it locks up completely unable to move the mouse whatever sound was playing at the time loops and a hard Completely locks up, hard reboot required after 30-40 sec from startup reboot is required in order to bring it back to order It usually wasn't a huge problem before but for some reason it willl now proceed to lock-up within about - seconds of booting up the computer after the desktop loads I tried disconnecting my second hard-drive I had bought a new one to install W on and kept the old one plugged in but that didn't make a difference It seems to boot fine in safemode but I have no idea what the problem could be Any help would be greatly appreciated System specs Operating System Windows Completely locks up, hard reboot required after 30-40 sec from startup Home Premium Completely locks up, hard reboot required after 30-40 sec from startup -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Processor AMD Phenom tm Quad-Core Processor CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Card name ATI Radeon HD Series I'm not sure what other specs you might need but if I've missed something please let me know Thanks

A:Completely locks up, hard reboot required after 30-40 sec from startup

A link to a post that might help you out: Windows 7 locks up after update. - Microsoft Answers

Failing that, I have another link: Disk Check

EDIT: Wrong information following, see my post below::
{And another (Do this one 3 times): Repair Install]

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/198609-completely-locks-up-hard-reboot-required-after-30-40-sec-startup.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello I upgraded my system to Windows bit from Windows Prior to the upgrade my computer had issues where it would occasionally lock up completely not responding to any keys even Ctrl-Alt-Del and unable to move the mouse and a hard Shut Down locks System 30-40 startup sec reboot up, after from required hard i e holding the Power Button down for a few seconds was required in order to bring it back to life It wasn't a huge problem before as it only happened once a week or so but for some reason it now locks up within - seconds of booting every time I power up the laptop following a Proper Shut Down procedure ever since upgrading to Win The odd thing is that it's okay following the power off hard shutdown but does it again after another proper shut down either by closing the lid or clicking System locks up, hard reboot required after 30-40 sec from startup on Settings System locks up, hard reboot required after 30-40 sec from startup Power Shut Down Any help would be greatly appreciated System specs OS Name Microsoft System locks up, hard reboot required after 30-40 sec from startup Windows Pro Version Build System Manufacturer Acer System Model Extensa System Type X -based PC System SKU Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual-Core Processor TK- Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Phoenix Technologies LTD V SMBIOS Version Embedded Controller Version BIOS Mode Legacy BaseBoard Manufacturer Acer Platform Role Mobile Secure Boot State Unsupported PCR Configuration Binding Not Possible Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions No Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes I've attached the BSOD utility files for your review If I've missed something please let me know Thanks Ken Bell

A:System locks up, hard reboot required after 30-40 sec from startup

Welcome to Eight Forums kbell01.

There are no BSoD dump file in your zip folder, can you check your settings?
Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD

After checking all the settings, upload any new crash dump files along with the complete SF_Diagnostic_Tool files.

From you information it is probably a hardware issue.

D/L and run the HGST Drive Fitness Test

Test the RAM with memtest86+, leave all RAM cards installed, run for a full 7 passes - best to run overnight.
If you get any errors your can stop the test.
RAM - Test with Memtest86+

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/9063-system-locks-up-hard-reboot-required-after-30-40-sec-startup.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at M on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system netdde exe C Program Files CallerID-Events CallerID Proc to Computer locks and reboot up have very slugish exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C WINDOWS System dllhost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe Computer very slugish and locks up have to reboot C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exe C WINDOWS System tcpsvcs exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiapsrv exe C WINDOWS System dmadmin exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files SmartBoardXP Smtbrd exe C Program Files SmartBoardXP Smtbrd exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files IncrediMail bin IncMail exe C Program Files IncrediMail bin IMApp exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon Computer very slugish and locks up have to reboot exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http g msn com SEENUS SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Tony amp Re-Re Forever R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost R - URLSearchHook AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - HKLM Run WinPatrol C Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exe -expressboot O - HKLM Run Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel present O - Extra button no name - D- E - f d- E -A CDF B D - C Program Files ACASystems ACACapturePro SCapPro exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Launch ACA Capture Pro - D- E - f d- E -A CDF B D - C Program Files ACASystems ACACapturePro SCapPro exe O - Extra button no name - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Spybot - Search amp Destroy Configuration - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-very-slugish-and-locks-up-have-to-reboot.873600/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi,
My computer will just suddenly reboot. Often it gets stuck on the reboot page and won't move. It also won't let me access boot menu during the freeze. I once saw something that said bad_pool_..... I not sure what the rest was. Also I got this after it started this time:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: c2
BCP1: 00000099
BCP2: 84E7D05C
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1
Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini020209-03.dmp
C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-26535-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\WER8C76.tmp.version.txt

Any help would be golden!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-re-booting-locks-on-reboot.796892/
Relevancy 67.51%

about 7 days ago my computer began to start freezing up with no common denominator (Gaming, no gaming, browsing, no browsing, watching media, no media, etc) I got frustrated so I tried to disable some drivers and that sent me into a BSOD on boot INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE so I tried every tool in recovery partition and I couldn't recover so I installed linux I ran mint for several days without any crashes or issues but couldn't run some of my games how I liked so I reinstalled windows today and not but a few hours in I get the hardlock again with a fresh install of windows and fresh install of drivers

when it hard locks it takes my router with it until I either sever the link or reboot

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/67478-random-hard-locks-no-bsod.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi Tech Guy,
First of all I want to say thanks for doing what you guy's go best.
Computer Description:
Windows XP Pro Ver. 2002 SP3
AMD Athlon XP 2000+
2 Gigs of ram.
My computer keeps slowing down big time.
The longer I use it the slower it gets.
I tried every conceiviable prog out there but no cigar.
I have 13 svchosts running in the task manager all the time. I deleted them, but they keep coming back....
Any help would be much appreciated...
Thank You in advance...
trzplace

Relevancy 67.08%

I am running windows xp home edition on a Dell Optiplex GX desktop but the sound keeps going out When I try to watch a movie with Nero or one of my other movie viewing software programs I can get sound for a little while and then it goes out If I reboot it will come back but goes out again I have re-installed the audio drivers from my drivers cd but it makes no difference I am also getting a message that might be related When I reboot I get a message box that says quot Generic host process for win service has encountered a problem and needs to close quot I haven t installed any new software that I can think of and I can t think of anything else to do No for and few moments then unless sound reboot only I a to it I don t want to re-install windows because I have a lot of custom software installed on my computer that would take forever No sound unless I reboot and then only for a few moments to re-install If anyone knows what I need to do please help nbsp No sound unless I reboot and then only for a few moments

A:No sound unless I reboot and then only for a few moments

sounds like an easy fix... just go to Dell's support site and type in the service tag. that should bring up all of the drivers for the computer including the audio drivers. alternatively, you could just browse for the computer model manually but either way you should be able to locate and download the driver package for sound. once that is saved to your computer, run the executable and the drivers will install. restart the computer and post back with the results.

EDIT: Driver is here

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-unless-i-reboot-and-then-only-for-a-few-moments.156309/
Relevancy 66.65%

Where to begin For about a week now i ve been experiencing me locks Random mad. Solved: hard driving random hard locks on Solved: Random hard locks driving me mad. my newly built computer which is about a month Solved: Random hard locks driving me mad. old It could Solved: Random hard locks driving me mad. be while gaming or browsing the internet I ve cleanly reinstalled sound and video drivers as well as updating the motherboard bios I could go a whole day with no hard locks while gaming and other stuff or like today i can get a hard lock every minutes or so I ve ran memtest for about hours and errors showed up I ve tried single sticks of ram in each dimm slot and still the same results I ve contacted corsair for an RMA but i m hoping its something i can fix before i send in my ram and be without a computer for a week What confuses me is that the computer i replaced which was running strong for years started to experience these hard locks although not as frequently just before i built my new computer I tried ruling out any of the components that carried over to my new build such as the sound card and hard drives but those didn t change anything Here are some issues that began to come up with these hard locks I ve gotten the quot Display driver stopped responding and has recovered quot a couple times as well as a couple BSOD s My main hard drive the one with the os is also very hot to the touch if i touch it for seconds my fingers sting cause of the heat Could i get a second opinion or any ideas i can try before i send in my ram Any help would be appreciated thanks Update doh here are my system specs windows x oem i k gigabyte z x-ud h-b corsair vengeance gb x sapphire seasonic x seagate cudas and tb nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

My GF has had a Toshiba L laptop for years now It's a great model and it worked well till now It started about two weeks ago with blue screen every - days I haven't reinstalled her windows for about a Random moments card? BSOD random on laptop; Toshiba at L500 graphics year so i figured that was the problem Four days ago it started blue screening randomly from just after the welcome screen clicking on start button to opening a new tab in a browser Sometimes it dies instantly other times it keeps on going for an hour I tried - fresh install of windows x it bsod just after the input of computer name - another install bsod just after welcome screen i figured it was the video card so i downloaded the latest driver but it didn't help I ran a check disk everything was ok - tried the driver posted by toshiba and the newest posted by intel i didn't get to installing anything else because it kept crashing - another install this time Win x Home and let it update everything didn't install anything else still nothing - ran memtest x passes once passes the second time no errors - removed ram cards one at a time still nothing - heavy load stressed every component no crashes everything was ok - checked out some settings in bios nothing there - tried driver verifier it froze at windows logo the first time restart minutes after log on with no blue screen froze at the windows logo the third the I put it out of it's misery and disabled the verifier Safe mode works just fine I can't shake the feeling that the motherboard is dying I'm all out of ideas and I could really really use your help Attachment

A:Random BSOD at random moments on Toshiba L500 laptop; graphics card?

Hi luciflash.

Install Service pack 1 and all other windows updates. Otherwise the system will remain vulnerable to threats.

Code:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (2 procs) Free x86 compatible
Built by: 7600.17273.x86fre.win7_gdr.130318-1532
Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Service Pack and Update Center - Microsoft Windows

Also update Realtek RTL8187B Wireless 802.11b/g 54Mbps USB 2.0 Network Adapter from Realtek

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/322420-random-bsod-random-moments-toshiba-l500-laptop-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello im quite new to this forum so please be patient with me Im decently tech suavy able to do my own hardware and software upgrades and identify some problems but still learning My computer is just over a year old and it began acting up nearly a month ago The problem occurs during gameplay I only currently have games on my computer WoW and CoD MW and during both games and no given specific time the computer freezes and the monitor loses signal I have recently noticed that during this freeze I still receive audio which makes me think it has something to do with the video card My specs are as follows Processor Intel Core Quad CPU Q GHz Ram GB bit Operating system running on Windows Vista w service pack I have a newly installed PSU about months old running at amps i believe And a GeForce GTX Video card installed around the same time as the PSU If you could help me with my situation in any way it would be greaty appreciated nbsp reset. Computer freezes, hard requires

A:Computer freezes, requires hard reset.

Bumping for reply!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-requires-hard-reset.962745/
Relevancy 64.93%

When I let my computer run unattended, usually but not always, it will freeze and I must manually shut it down and reboot. Often the laptop feels very warm as if it is locked in a infinite computing cycle. On two occasions, out of the blue, I have seen flashing lines and a frozen screen requiring manual shut down. The word and excel icons have been replaced with generic icons but work normally. Spinrite finds no hard drive problems and several antiviral programs detect no viruses.

Occasionally, when I must manually reboot, the cursor hangs in the upper left corner and the computer is totally unresponsive to any command including manual shut down. However, if I close and open the lid, windows start up is initiated.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

John

A:computer freezes and requires hard boot

check your memory and be sure to remove any dust inside your laptop to increase airflow

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-and-requires-hard-boot.906417/
Relevancy 64.93%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at M on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT nessasary up very reboot incl. Hijackthis locks sluggish Computer Solved: and MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS Solved: Computer very sluggish and locks up reboot nessasary Hijackthis incl. System smss exe Solved: Computer very sluggish and locks up reboot nessasary Hijackthis incl. C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system netdde exe C Program Files CallerID-Events CallerID Proc exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C WINDOWS System dllhost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exe C WINDOWS System tcpsvcs exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiapsrv exe C WINDOWS System dmadmin exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files SmartBoardXP Smtbrd exe C Program Files SmartBoardXP Smtbrd exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files IncrediMail bin IncMail exe C Program Files IncrediMail bin IMApp exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http g msn com SEENUS SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Tony amp Re-Re Forever R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost R - URLSearchHook AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - HKLM Run WinPatrol C Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exe -expressboot O - HKLM Run Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel present O - Extra button no name - D- E - f d- E -A CDF B D - C Program Files ACASystems ACACapturePro SCapPro exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Launch ACA Capture Pro - D- E - f d- E -A CDF B D - C Program Files ACASystems ACACapturePro SCapPro exe O - Extra button no name - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Spybot - Search amp Destroy Configuration - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f b... Read more

A:Solved: Computer very sluggish and locks up reboot nessasary Hijackthis incl.

Closing duplicate.

Please continue here:

http://forums.techguy.org/general-security/873573-computer-very-sluggish-locks-up.html#post7009611

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-computer-very-sluggish-and-locks-up-reboot-nessasary-hijackthis-incl.873610/
Relevancy 64.5%

When I am on my computer usually about once a day my computer and screen will freeze, and I will need to hard restart my PC. I'm not getting a BSOD or anything.

PC Specs:
i7 2600k
GTX 680
8GB RAM
60GB SSD 1TB HDD
Corsair TX850M PSU

A:Screen and Computer Freezes Requires Hard Restart

Check your temp readings in Bios. Also clean your tower out with a can of compressed air. Also Check your Hard drive to see if it is failing.

Downloading UBCD which is in my signature.Burn the ISO Image to a blank CD using Imgburn (How to burn a ISO Image using Imgburn) burn at lowest speed. With the newly burned cd boot with the cd go to HDD>Diagnostics>The make and model of your hard drive, Seagate, Maxtor, Drive Fitness which is Hitachi, Or Western Digital. Perform a short and long test. Could also be called "Standard" and "Extended" test or also "Comprehensive" test.

If you can not find the right test for your hard drive your OEM computer may have it's own hard drive diagnostics testing tool. Refer to your OEM computer documentation to find out how to access these test. Also try going to the manufacture of your machine to find documentation about it. Also consider going to the manufacture of your hard drive to look to see if they have hard drive diagnostics test. The ideal test or method would include an ISO that could be burned via an image to a cd which would be made bootable.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/screen-and-computer-freezes-requires-hard-restart-654449.html
Relevancy 64.5%

All mouse clicks have long delays, programs real slow and lock up OUTLOOK says non-responsive and locks up for 15-20 seconds every time I click on a new email, Firefox is delayed and video is choppy. All programs, WORD etc open and close slowly. computer locks up & have to reboot hourly or less. Runs a little quicker then boggs down then locks up.

Help

A:All mouse clicks delayed programs real slow, computer locks up & have to reboot

Download and run wipe  and system ninja,

https://privacyroot.com/software/www/en/wipe.php
https://singularlabs.com/software/system-ninja/

Then.....

Go ahead and install Ccleaner. Now that you have the program installed go ahead and run the cleaner function.
Now that you have cleaned out some temp files, lets go ahead and disable all of the items starting up with your machine except your antivirus. To do this you will need to click on tools then start up select each item then disable.
Now that you have disabled those un-needed start ups lets go into the settings, we will have Ccleaner run when your machine boots, so that you will never have to worry about cleaning temp files again.To do this:
Hit options.
Settings.
Place a tick to run Ccleaner when the computer starts.

Now go to the advanced tab, and select close program after cleaning, now run the cleaner again this will close Ccleaner.

Reboot your machine and then follow the  instructions below.

Step 1: eScanAV.

Disable your antivirus prior to this scan.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/114351/how-to-temporarily-disable-your-anti-virus-firewall-and-anti-malware-programs/
Download the eScanAV Anti-Virus Toolkit (MWAV)http://www.escanav.com/english/content/products/downloadlink/downloadcounter.asp?pcode=MWAV&src=english_dwn&type=alter
Save the file to your desktop.
Right click run as administrator.
A new icon will appear on your desktop.
Right click run as administrator on new icon.
Click on the update tab.
Once you have updated the program, make sure the settings are the same as the picture below.
Once you have made sure the settings match the picture, hit the Scan & Clean button.
Upon scan completion, click View Log.
Copy and paste entire log into your next reply.
Note: Reboot if needed to remove infections.

Step 2: Zemana

Run a full scan with Zemana antimalware.
http://www.zemana.us/product/zemana-antimalware/default.aspx
Install and select deep scan.

Remove any infections found.
Then click on the icon in the pic below.

Double click on the scan log, copy and paste here in your reply.

Step 3: Junkware Removal Tool.

Please download Junkware Removal Tool and save it on your desktop.
Shut down your anti-virus, anti-spyware, and firewall software now to avoid potential conflicts.
Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click it and select Run as administrator.
The tool will open and start scanning your system.
Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
On completion, a log is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
Please post the JRT log.
Step 4: Adware Cleaner.

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
Close all open programs and internet browsers.
Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
Click on Scan button.
When the scan has finished click on Clean button.
Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/574331/all-mouse-clicks-delayed-programs-real-slow-computer-locks-up-have-to-reboot/
Relevancy 63.64%

Apologies if I'm posting in the wrong section.

I'm not exactly sure when it started, but my computer has started to freeze lately. When it happens the keyboard and mouse freeze and neither responds to anything. Also, it happens at seemingly random times no matter what is running or being done on the computer. I have absolutely no idea what could be causing it.

Relevancy 63.64%

I bought a Maxtor Ultra ATA internal hard drive, and want to install it as a backup drive in my HP m1170n. However, the m1170n requires an SATA hard drive. Is there a converter, adapter, etc. that I can buy to make the Ultra ATA compatible with the m1170n? Please provide specific model numbers for any suggestions, if possible. Also, please advise about how much it should cost and if it is easy to install. Many thanks.

Relevancy 63.64%

Originally I thought my issue was game or even driver specific but I ran into it again on a different game today so I figured I should ask on here So here goes My issue is that my computer will randomly freeze sometimes while playing games and its usually in locations that aren't really graphics intensive The three places it's happened so far are World of Warcraft multiple times several of those in the same area Arma only once and now Tom Clancy's The Division Open Beta twice in the same area I originally Computer - Hard Sound Requires Freezes Continues Reset - thought it was just an issue with World of Warcraft but then it happened on Arma and after a while it stopped happening altogether Just today I tried the Division Open Beta and it happened again I can still hear sound just Computer Freezes - Sound Continues - Requires Hard Reset fine which in and of itself isnt that strange a sound file could be really long and just continue to play while the computer is frozen but I can still hear people talking over VOIP too however unlike other similar issues that I've read about I cannot interact with the program at all Clicking pushing buttons etc do not produce any new sounds and the people on VOIP cannot hear me talking to them I cannot alt-tab ctrl alt del or really do anything I have to hard reboot What drives me insane is that no errors show up in Event Viewer or even in WhoCrashed so I have no idea what is causing it I have an Antec W PSU so I dont think it's a lack of power I've read around and didnt see anything that helped and the few threads I saw that were similar didn't sound like my issue Here's what Ive tried -Updating graphics drivers clean installation-Ccleaner-Checking Event Viewer nothing shows up there were event logs for Nvlddmkm crashes but the critical crashes produce no events except loss of power to the kernel when I hard reset -Turning off power save in the Ethernet adapter options-Benchmarking drives via Defraggler both turned up GOOD -Ran mdsched with passes returned no issues -Rolling back graphics driversIm running a GTX with GB RAM on an i k bit Windows I think the CPU has been factory overclocked from GHz to GHz since I get an error message saying overclocking failed whenever I hard reboot my computer Ive read people suggesting a mobo issue but really I'd like to see if there's anything else it could be since Im not really in a position to replace my mobo right now I can post dxdiag and msinfo reports if needed Thanks for your help

A:Computer Freezes - Sound Continues - Requires Hard Reset

I should note that turning all the settings down from High (auto-detected) to Medium kept me from crashing in that area, and turning down one of the settings on WoW has kept me from crashing since too, but why are graphics causing my whole computer to freeze? Especially on a GTX 770?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606010/computer-freezes-sound-continues-requires-hard-reset/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello everyone I've had a recurring problem for the last couple of months with my computer locking up completely or it just locks up then restarts This usually happens soon after i have turned on my computer and it doesn't seem to be related to anything in particular that I'm doing Usually I am just checking my mail or surfing the web The problem is quite infrequent but it's really annoying when Computer random locks at or up reboots My it happens I'm no computer boffin but i do know that i get an error message from microsoft online crash analysis which says the following Error caused by NVIDIA Graphics Driver No specific solution found Problem Description An unknown error occurred in NVIDIA Graphics Driver created by NVIDIA Corporation Problem Resolution NVIDIA Corporation is currently not aware of a specific solution for the problem that you reported Below is a list of recommendations to take that may My Computer locks up or reboots at random help prevent the problem from recurring Download and install an updated NVIDIA Graphics Driver from one of the following locations Windows Update NVIDIA Corporation If an updated driver is not available check with your computer manufacturer If you are running the latest version of NVIDIA Graphics Driver please contact NVIDIA Corporation for your support options Additional Information If this problem continues to occur with the latest product updates for NVIDIA Graphics Driver we highly recommend you obtain assistance and troubleshooting information directly from NVIDIA Corporation If you are not familiar with NVIDIA Graphics Driver and you are questioning how the program was installed on your computer it is possible that the program was installed with another program If you do not know why NVIDIA Graphics Driver is running many programs configure themselves to start automatically every time you turn on your computer I have visted this NVIDIA site before and I'm quite frankly at a loss as to what I need to download I'm also not convinced that this is the problem I'm never playing games when the computer crashes Anyway below is my HiJack log file Maybe there is someone out there who can explain the mystery Any help would be much appreciated Cheers All Mike Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system drivers crauto exe C WINDOWS system drivers dcfssvc exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security NISUM EXE C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system slserv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security SymProxySvc exe C Program Files Virtual CD v SDK system vcssecs exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security NISSERV EXE C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA NORTON navapw exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security IAMAPP EXE C WINDOWS system dslagent exe C WINDOWS system GSICON EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe C Program Files Virtual CD v SDK system vcsplay exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C HJT HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C apps Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installquiet O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE NvQTwk NvCplDaemon initialize O - HKLM Run NAV Agent C PROGRA NORTON navapw exe O - HKLM Run iamapp C Program Files Norto... Read more

A:My Computer locks up or reboots at random

it could definitely be a driver issue, that version of videocard drivers you are using? what version are you using? list out your computer hardware specs and ill see what i can do to help you out alot more. what motherboard you have? graphics card? cpu?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-computer-locks-up-or-reboots-at-random-61297.html
Relevancy 63.21%

So recently I've been this problem with my computer. It's always at a random time, it doesn't necessarily seem to have a specific pattern, but it always seems to happen when I'm either playing a game, listening to music, or watching a video. It could be connected, or it could happen at random, I'm not sure. Basically the computer completely locks up, freezes entirely, and the sound loops/stutters on the last sound that was being played endlessly. It NEVER crashes, and I do not ever receive a BSOD. I have tested, waiting over 15 minutes for it to do anything, it simply sits there and remains locked up and frozen until I hard restart my computer.

I have absolutely no idea what's causing this, as I've never had an issue with my computer like this, especially something that doesn't produce atleast an error or BSOD of some kind, so it's rather puzzling.

A:Computer Freezes With Audio Loop/Stutter Requires Hard Restart

Hi and welcome to TSF please try either updating or reinstalling your sound and video drivers and let us know how it goes.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-freezes-with-audio-loop-stutter-requires-hard-restart-701862.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hey guys..

I have windowsxp media edition.
Asus G1.

It seems like the computer just love to stand by at any given time... haha
Also, when I reboot. 70percent or 100percent of the time, I can't reboot. I have to manually press the power button to turn it off.

Any thoughts? Thank you !!!

A:Random Stand By/ Hard reboot

Check your Power Options in Control Panel.

You don't state, but if your system is a Desktop, all Power Options should be set to Never. One possible exception is the Monitor, and you should set this only if you have the (IMHO) leaving your system on for long periods when not using it.

Also, some motherboards have a Power Sever (or some such option) in the BIOS Setup, this should be disabled.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-stand-by-hard-reboot.596681/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello there,
My computer is having BSODs last days. Unfortunately I can't give you .dmp file, because my BS don't leave one. And yes, I've tried some things to make it save .dmp file, but I failed.
BSOD happens at random moments, sometimes during searching web, other times when playing games.

So, what I've already done to prevent BSOD from happening:
1. Reinstalled Windows 2 times. First time on SSD, second time on HDD and BSOD is still hapenning.
2. Checked HDD and SSD connection to power supply.
3. I checked every RAM memory stick, I mean I plugged one at time, and BSOD happened with all of them, so it may be that all my RAM is broken, or it's not RAM.

I'll attach photo of BSOD and that .zip file with info.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/389245-bsod-random-moments.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello , this is my first post so if i am doing something wrong pls inform me.

I enabled minidump yesterday so i have only one bsod to upload but the last 20 days i have seen like 20 bsod
with errors 0x0d1 , 0x0a and others i can't recall.
I tried to format so i thought i was ok with bsod.But nope.
Bsod keep appearing almost everyday. So i am a bit of suspicious of hardware fault.
New hardware the past 20days is the second 4tb hdd , a wifi usb (airties wus-201) and a monitor Lg la620s, evga 650ti boost sc.
Now i am uploading the files and maybe you can help me.

A:BSOD almost once a day , random moments!

Code:
Host Name: WIN-EQJDU9R0GGL
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
OS Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
Registered Owner: Critissues
Registered Organization:
Product ID: 00426-OEM-8992662-00006
Original Install Date: 20-Jul-13, 8:27:54 PM
System Boot Time: 05-Aug-13, 3:16:57 AM
Where did you acquire your copy of Windows 7 from? Any idea how it was activated?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/299901-bsod-almost-once-day-random-moments.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi, first of all, when I've started up my pc, I don't autimatically get the correct IP from my provider, I have to do an IP refresh.
Second, my pc just hangs at random moments. No error message, nothing. once in a while it automatically reboots, but usually i t just hangs.
Can someone give my advice?
Thanks,
R B

A:My pc just hangs at random moments

Extra Info

System is checked for virusses, totally formatted and reinstalled.
BIOS has been updated to latest version.
All power saving options in the BIOS have been disabled.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-pc-just-hangs-at-random-moments.35890/
Relevancy 62.35%

Dear forum-reader,

Recently I'm having quite often BSOD's..
Most of them are FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE or MEMORY_MANAGEMENT.

I've already run memtest86+, from which I came to the conclusion that one of the two RAM DIMMs is faulty. (And thus took than one out). HDtune's health scan doesn't show any bad sectors. Also no hardware was added recently and only updated the regular windows updates..
But still the blue screens continue.

Kind regards,
Rob

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/64453-bsod-random-moments.html
Relevancy 62.35%

It just randomly crashes... don't really get it either...
Suggestions on how to solve the problem?

Vista is 32bit, Vista Home Premium, OEM, 3-4years, and not re-installed.

A:BSOD at random moments

Hi,

This gives a pointer to a Root kit infection?

Please Download & run a virus scan with MalwareBytes (Updated): -

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/293549-bsod-random-moments.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I have Windows 7 Ultimate, I keep getting BSOD errors (they range from MEMORY_MANAGEMENT => BAD_POOL_HEADER)

Here is the dump files, I am really sick of these errors now...

A:Keep getting BSOD at random moments

Quote: Originally Posted by BSODSUCKSBADLY

I have Windows 7 Ultimate, I keep getting BSOD errors (they range from MEMORY_MANAGEMENT => BAD_POOL_HEADER)

Here is the dump files, I am really sick of these errors now...

SF_21-04-2013.zip (906 KB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!tUtSTYKQ!MFWScm1Ck01V2H0KVBK8u0pr_9p0u5WdebdSqiFy9Aw

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Post the zip following this instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/287170-keep-getting-bsod-random-moments.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hey Guys Oka I need some assistance It may Restarts Itself Help! Please Pc Moments! At Random not be much of a problem now but it was before and did happen agaisnt Pc Restarts Itself At Random Moments! Please Help! rcently but only once I baught my brother a new pc and when I did get it the thing kept restarting Pc Restarts Itself At Random Moments! Please Help! itself at the most random moments Now what I did notice is that it restarted itself once recieving it back and changing part for the rd time inside this machine once again It restarted itself while I was installing a program off of my portable hard drive onto the PC itself Now the PC is equiped with a Western Digital Hard drive built in internal and my portable HD is a Western Digital as well does anyone think this may have caused an error and what possibly might be affecting the restarts I mean I took the same program that I tried installing off my Portable HD and put the entire file onto the desktop and installed it there and it works I don't know whats going on any pointers

A:Pc Restarts Itself At Random Moments! Please Help!

I would check your power supply first. If you can, get a know good power supply and connect it up to the motherboard (and everything else). I have seen Power Supplies as well as Video Cards create random restarts.

Good luck.
DR

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/125293/pc-restarts-itself-at-random-moments-please-help/
Relevancy 62.35%

These have occurred over the past 5 months, after I replaced my CPU, Motherboard, RAM, and GPU. I haven't noticed any distinct patterns in their occurrences, aside from them usually happening twice in a day (Different codes) and then not again for about a month. I suspect my hard drive as the culprit, as it's probably about 5 years old now, but I've reformatted it twice so far.

A:Various BSODs at random moments

Arkileo mate tow test you can try if you suspect the drive there is this

SeaTools for Windows | Seagate

HARD DRIVE SURFACE TEST

Now as opposed to the usual drive testersthis specifically tests the surface of (usually) a spinner.

It will test the surface of the spinningdisk, and I suspect some idea of the performance of the read / write heads.

Download this http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html my pic will give you the instruction on what to do. It doestake some time but it does cover most possibilities with a drive in conjunctionwith the other testers like the Seatools

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/332440-various-bsods-random-moments.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I've gotten three BSOD in the last two days generally when I'm not actually doing anything other than talking to people online. I'm running Windows 7 x64 Pro that I recently installed and the hardware is all 5 years or less.

Age of System:
Code:
BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. F1, 3/21/2008
Due to the age of your system, I would recommend checking that your hardware is compatible with Windows 7: Windows 7 Compatibility: Software Programs & Hardware Devices: Find Updates, Drivers, & Downloads -> Download and run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor.
Software Concerns:
Code:
Start Menu\Programs\GIGABYTE\Energy Saving Public:Start Menu\Programs\GIGABYTE\Energy Saving Public
Recommend removing your Gigabyte utilities through Start Menu -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a program. They can provide software interfaces with the hardware for overclocking, and even when the overclock is not enabled, that interface can cause instability. They are also not needed for the system to function properly and may reduce system resources.

Analysis:Crashes primarily point to hardware issues. Run some hardware checks.If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

If you have an SSD, make sure the following are up to date:SSD firmware
BIOS Version
Chipset Drivers
Hard disk controller drivers/SATA drivers
If you have a Marvell IDE ATA/ATAPI device, make sure the drivers are up to date from the Intel site or Marvell site and not from your motherboard/vendor support site.

Run all but the advanced tests with SeaTools for HDDs.SeaTools for Windows

SeaTools for DOS
Monitor temperatures during the following tests. Use the following programs to monitor the temperatures. Real Temp is a good CPU temperature monitor.
Speccy - System Information - Free Download will monitor all hardware temperatures.
HWiNFO, HWiNFO32 & HWiNFO64 - Hardware Information and Analysis Tools can be inaccurate for CPU temperatures, but is a good program for GPU temperature monitoring.
Use FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net to test the graphics card GPU. Let it run until the GPU temperatures even out or until the GPU temperatures reach a dangerous level (you can find the max temperature for your card on either the nVidia or AMD sites; if you are not sure, ask us). The goal is to get a steady temperature, find out if the GPU is overheating, or to see if there are any artifacts present in the test itself: look for strange pixelated patterns on the screen or colors that do not look like they belong. Then use the |MG| Video Memory Stress Test 1.7.116 Download to test your graphics card memory. Let the memory test run for at least seven passes; the more the better.

Run Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95 to determine any hardware problems. Run all three tests for a few hours each. If you get errors, stop the test and post back here.

Follow the steps for doing CPU stress test using IntelBurnTest

Run the boot version of Memtest86+ paying close attention to Parts 2 and 3 of the tutorial. Also, in case Memtest86+ misses anything and comes up with no errors, run the extended version of the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool for at least five passes. These you may want to run overnight since they take a long time to complete (run them an hour before bed each of the next two nights and check before going to sleep that they are still running).

Warning
Before you proceed with the following, answer these two questions: Are you still under warranty? Does your warranty allow you to open up the machine to check hardware? If you are unsure of the answers to these questions, contact your system manufacturer. WARNING: The steps that follow can void your warranty!!!

For Part 3: If You Have Errors: If you swap any memory components, follow these steps for ESD safety:Shut down and turn off your computer.
Unplug all power supplies to the computer (AC Power then battery for laptops, AC power for desktops)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and ensure all power drains from components.
Make sure you are grounded by using proper... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/238147-bsod-random-moments.html
Relevancy 62.35%

? OS
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1 OEM

Bought HP Laptop < 6 months ago.

? CPU
AMD A8-4500M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
? Video Card
AMD Radeon HD 7670M
AMD Radeon HD 7640G + 7670M Dual Graphics
? MotherBoard
Hewlett-Packard 182F (Socket FT1)
? Power Supply - brand & wattage
???

? System Manufacturer
Hewlett Packard
? Exact model number
???

Perfmon says access denied.

There are not any .dmp files in the upload please check that your PC is set to collect them> How to Check Computer is set to collect dumps

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-at-random-moments-665056.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi,

I'm new here, but I have a BSOD issue. I use Windows 7 Home Premium, but since i got the pc from a friend, I've been having BSOD issuses. I tried updating my graphics card, but this had no effect. Also, I swapped my RAM cards in different orders, but this works for only a couple of days. I have no idea what is causing all this. I attached the log file. Someone with any idea?

Thanks a lot in advance.

A:Random BSOD's at random moments

This looks like malware, more specifically a rootkit.

Code:
BugCheck 1000008E, {80000004, 82e5a608, a464f870, 0}

Code:
a464f914 82e5c6c8 8c81b7f8 00000160 8c81a484 nt!HvpGetCellPaged+0xe4
a464f940 82e4070b a464fc54 8c81b7f8 8c81a3c8 nt!CmpConstructName+0x96
a464f9b4 82e3e85f 8c81b7f8 a464fc18 8c81a3c8 nt!CmpGetSymbolicLink+0x1f6
a464fb48 82e35d2e 8c80a770 855b6f78 881ce8f0 nt!CmpParseKey+0x890
a464fbc4 82e46157 00000000 a464fc18 00000040 nt!ObpLookupObjectName+0x4fa
a464fc20 82e44088 7795e81c 855b6f78 898efc01 nt!ObOpenObjectByName+0x165
a464fd00 82e5c8fa 0012f950 00000003 7795e81c nt!CmOpenKey+0x1f4
a464fd20 82c4d8c6 0012f950 00000003 7795e81c nt!NtOpenKey+0x18 <-- Opening registry key
a464fd20 779370f4 0012f950 00000003 7795e81c nt!KiSystemServicePostCall <-- System call
WARNING: Frame IP not in any known module. Following frames may be wrong.
0012fb50 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 0x779370f4
The rootkit appears to be using Direct Kernel Object Manipulation and hiding to prevent detection.

I would use Kaspersky's TDSSKiller Anti Rootkit utility to find the virus(s)

Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/336339-random-bsods-random-moments.html
Relevancy 61.92%

As the title says, I'm experiencing random crashes in the form of freezing. No BSOD, no power down or reset, just an unrecoverable freeze.
The computer is a relatively new build (3-4 months old), and this has been happening the entire time.
This occurs during gaming, Installation of software, and various other instances.
Memtest showed nothing, so the RAM is probably fine.

Speccy:http://speccy.piriform.com/results/g...BdnzNIRDoSfuKd

Please let me know if you need any other information, thank you

A:Random freezes requiring Hard Reboot

Work through the Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7
reporting back as you go as there may be other steps indicated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/359923-random-freezes-requiring-hard-reboot.html
Relevancy 61.92%

so this started a few weeks ago with my Acer laptop it freezes at random intervals after start up reboot hang/random power hard off and sometimes after mins sometimes a few hours for a while i was convinced it was software related so i disabled startup items services restored as far as possible with no luck yet it would run in safe mode with no problems without reboot hang power off i then hard hang/random power off and reboot formatted the drive reinstalled windows and it still crashed prior to installing any drivers software connecting to wifi yet it still ran fine in safe mode i even dual booted with ubuntu and it does the same thing yet it still runs completely fine in windows safe mode with networking i ve run memtest overnight with no errors the laptop crashes with no battery in it when still running off mains and also when being powered by another charger same voltage different model but gives power i took the whole machine apart a while after the problems started to check for major dust clogs frayed cables etc i had replaced the cpu amp gpu thermal paste about a year ago which had required taking off the heatsink however while taking it apart this time the head of one of the screws on the heatsink was very worn and i couldn t take it off the rest of the internals looked fine but maybe that s because i wasn t really sure what to look for one thing i have noticed is that the BIOS settings don t save i ve enabled the f boot menu multiple times and yet after a few reboots it s back to disabled would this mean the cmos battery needs to be replaced would that be the cause of everything even though it runs fine in safe mode any suggestions would be greatly appreciated my specs are core duo t Ghz nvidia m gs mb gb ram kingston i think nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-hang-random-power-off-and-reboot.1068674/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello,

I noticed about a week ago that my computer would stall or get stuck for about 5-10 seconds and then continue normally. While its stuck, i am unable to do anything; the courser of the mouse moves, but there is no function. The whole computer is basically stuck.

This happens regardless of what task i am doing: browsing the internet, watching a movie, typing a report, listening to music, etc.

Yesterday (3/5/12), I got a BSOD. It went away too quickly to read anything. I never got a BSOD before.

My antivirus and windows updates are current.

I have a ASUS X53E that I bought less than a year ago.

A:Computer freezes/stuck/locks up on random tasks. HELP!

Update:

The problem is getting worse. It locks up for several minutes and I eventually have to reboot.

I didn't install any new memory.

My windows updates and virus scans are up to date. No viruses.*

The same problem happens in safe mode.

It takes a very long time to boot than before.

I tried doing a system restore and it failed due to a missing file and a bad sector.

I ran chkdsk /f and everything came out fine; no bad sectors or anything recovered.

What do you think is wrong?? Hdd failure? OS corrupted?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-stuck-locks-up-on-random-tasks-help.1044052/
Relevancy 61.49%

The required files are attached..

New laptop, 2 weeks old.. no problems till today, but have suddenly had lots of crashes. No new hardware... no new software... no obvious way to trigger BSOD either.

Acer Aspire 5755g laptop

Is Windows 7 . . .
- x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? 64bit
- the original installed OS on the system? Original OS
- an OEM or full retail version? OEM
- What is the age of system (hardware)? 2 weeks
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) no reinstall

Many thanks for any help guys!

Kermola

A:BSOD random moments, various codes.

Hello,

As surprising as this may sound, I suspect a hardware problem. Run a few hardware diagnostics, let's see if we can find out exactly what part is causing the trouble. The most likely candidates are RAM and motherboard here.

Run all three Prime95 tests: Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95

Also run Memtest86: RAM - Test with Memtest86+

...Summary of the dumps:

Code:

Built by: 7601.17640.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506
Debug session time: Fri Dec 30 17:12:04.934 2011 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 3:02:35.182
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+36024 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_41790
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: WerFault.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1a_41790_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_+36024
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Fri Dec 30 12:52:39.756 2011 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:10:47.005
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ExAcquireResourceSharedLite+4e )
PROCESS_NAME: System
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x34
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: NULL_CLASS_PTR_DEREFERENCE
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x34_nt!ExAcquireResourceSharedLite+4e
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Fri Dec 30 12:00:39.937 2011 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:16:14.186
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!CmpKcbCacheLookup+1de )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
PROCESS_NAME: TrustedInstall
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x3B_nt!CmpKcbCacheLookup+1de
Debug session time: Fri Dec 30 08:07:54.485 2011 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:07:58.733
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
Debug session time: Fri Dec 30 07:43:01.718 2011 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:10:12.967
PROCESS_NAME: firefox.exe

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/205495-bsod-random-moments-various-codes.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello There.

For about 2 days im suffering from my PC`s freezes. As i noticed they are pretty random and they occur right after PC launch, after launching and playing a game for a while and after some time browsing internet (PC freezes even if i launch it and leave for some time). That`s pretty weird couse i went to holiday for last 2 weeks and before i left EVERYTHING was okay, but when i was back i launched my PC, browsed internet for some time and it hapened for the first time. I`ve checked why it happens and this is what i`ve seen in events log: (image attached)

In addition i have to say that i tried to reinstall windows 7, and then moving on 10 (everything formatted ofc) - nothing changed at all.

A:Windows freezes at random moments

PS. I`ve checked my RAM by memtest86 and it found no errors.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/376924-windows-freezes-random-moments.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi guys, Can you please help me with this problem, its really annoying.
I tried from new OS to new RAM and nothing helps,
I install new OS and it works normally for like 2 days and then it starts to happen again.
I use computer and i randomly get BSOD in middle of doing something, everytime is on random moments, sometimes I can use computer for few hours, and sometimes it happens right after I turn it on.
System temperatures are normal so I think it is not cause of that
Can you guys please check my minidump file I've attached and see where is the problem, a help would be much appreciated!

A:BSOD ,happens at random moments and actions

Hello,

Code:
BugCheck 50, {fffff901c05d6e74, 0, fffff9600007cca3, 5}

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : cdd.dll ( cdd!DrvAssociateSharedSurface+51 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

Code:
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)

Tip

Win32k.sys - page_fault_in_nonpaged_area -

A stop message that occurs when the demanded data is not found in memory. The system produces a fault, which usually specifies that the system looks for data in the paging file. The system cannot locate the data and recover it.

why?

An Antivirus program, damaged hardware, a buggy system service and a ruined NTFS volume can all generate this type of error message.

New Hardware?

If the BSOD is after the installation of new hardware, In order to fix this issue, remove the hardware to see if the error reappears, if the hardware has been added to the system newly. If the existing hardware is at fault, remove or change the faulty component and run the hardware diagnostics.

Warning

Please make sure all of your drivers are up to date before continuing!

Drivers - Find and Update Outdated Drivers

Scan the system for possible virus infection with the following programs. Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller
Windows Defender Offline

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/346340-bsod-happens-random-moments-actions.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi problemes started only a few days ago I upgraded my ram to a pair of at random moments Multiple BSODs Corsair Vengeance Mhz x gb Everything was fine but Battlefield starting crashing every time it could be after min or h of play time My CPU was overclocked at Ghz so I put it back to its stock frequency wich is Ghz but it did not solve the problem Starting maybe yesterday or the day before that only while playing BF I was getting BSOD instead of bf crashing to desktop I used 'bluescreenview' to see it was ntoskrnl exe the problem Reinstalled windows but nothing change still bsod while playing bf even tested with mafia same result Then I started having BSOD while only surfing on internet and every time it was a different driver the cause of BSOD I ran every test I could think of ram cpu etc but everything seems to be ok so I don't understand My spec Asus Crosshair V Formula AMD Phenom II x T Black Edition Ghz cooled with Corsair H Corsair Vengeance x Gb Mhz - - - Twintech GTX mb GDDR SSD Samsung Series gb sata Multiple BSODs at random moments HDD western digital caviar green rpm gb sata OCZ Modxstream pro W I believe but I am not sure of anything it is the motherboard because the first time that computer booted the motherboard was touching the side panel and it just wouldnt boot until I saw that then it booted but the cpu fan was not detected not corsair h at that time stock cooler I had to plug it somewhere else that was a year ago this month I hope I did not forget anything the reports minidumps etc and everything are attached in a rar file

A:Multiple BSODs at random moments

Drivers
Make sure all Windows updates are installed.
Hardware
I see you have an SSD installed. SSD drivers are a common cause of BSOD's, in particular Crucial M4's with outdated firmware. Make sure that the following is up to date:

Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden

SSD Firmware
BIOS Version
Chipset Drivers
Hard disk controller drivers/SATA drivers
Marvell IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers (older drivers for these are especially problematic)

Run a chkdsk on the system partition to check for bad sectors or system errors.
Disk Check

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/239958-multiple-bsods-random-moments.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I am getting a BSOD at random times and while doing different things. Sometimes I wont get one all day and then other times I will get 2 or 3 within the span of 30 min.

Weather I am playing a game or browsing the web or using Photoshop or even when the computer is not being used.

I did get the Blue Screen Viewer and it says that its the ntoskrnl.exe

Also I have not installed any new hardware into the computer.

And I uninstalled any of the software that I installed around the time it started happening towards the end of February.

I followed the instructions to zip the dump file and attached it (hope I did it right)

A:BSOD at random moments and times

Hello jrclancyjr.
You said there were various BSODs, but in the zip there is only one crash dump. And it indicates that the BSOD is caused by Eltima Software USB to Ethernet Connector Driver.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {fffffa800759c000, 0, fffff880042c8f0a, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for vuhub.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for vuhub.sys

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : vuhub.sys ( vuhub+7f0a )

---------
And that is really very old.

Code:
fffff880`042c1000 fffff880`042d0000 vuhub T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: vuhub.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\vuhub.sys
Image name: vuhub.sys
Timestamp: Fri Nov 16 21:01:13 2007(473DB7C1)
CheckSum: 0000C82F
ImageSize: 0000F000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
First try to update it from USB Network Gate for Windows/Linux | Documentation. If any update is not possible, stop using this thing. It should not be compatible with windows 7 very smoothly.

You have lots of ASUS bloatware installed. Better you uninstalled those, as those are often troublesome?

Which antivirus do you use?

Free up the startup.
Click on the Start button
Type ?msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the ?Startup? tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/283595-bsod-random-moments-times.html
Relevancy 61.49%

windows 7
x64
originally window 7
Preinstalled
3 years oldish give or take
did a complete system wipe once, but i cant remember when.

Processor - AMD Athlon (tm) x4 630 Processor 2.8 GHz
Video - Nvidia Geforce 450
Motherboard - I think its the 4GJJT but im not 100% sure.
Power - its either 550 or 600, enough to power the video card. I dont have the specifics though because i dont have the tools to open my computer up atm. If this is important then ill get back to you when i have the tools.

System M - Dell
Model - Inspiron 570

If you guys need anything else, lemme know. Thanks foe the help!

A:BOSD at random moments, all the time

NOTE: I have severe eye problems. If I do not respond to your postings, please PM another staff member for assistance.

Systeminfo.txt shows that you have a wireless USB device. Here's my rant about these devices:

Quote:

I do not recommend using wireless USB devices.
These wireless USB devices have many issues with Win7 - and using Vista drivers with them is almost sure to cause a BSOD.
An installable wireless PCI/PCIe card that's plugged into your motherboard is much more robust, reliable, and powerful.

MSINFO32 shows STOP 0x117 errors (video), STOP 0x7E errors (Logitech Camera software drivers), and One STOP 0x9F (from June 2011) blaming the Wireless USB device.

I am only running the memory dumps from Sep-Nov 2011 as they seem to be a part of the current problem. The other dumps are significantly older and probably aren't part of the current issues.

This executable program is launching from an unusual location (a temp folder).

Quote:

Windows Live.exe c:\users\joshua\appdata\local\temp\\windows live.exe Joshua-PC\Joshua HKU\S-1-5-21-1215229504-2881313030-2466299129-1000\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

I suspect malware and would suggest scanning your system with an independent scan in case your current protection is compromised. Here's some free scans/scanners:

Quote:

please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Free Online AntiMalware Resources (read the details at the link)
There are also free, bootable antivirus disks at this link: Free Online AntiMalware Resources - Bootable Disks
If you find malware, here's a link on how to post in the Security Center: NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

Daemon Tools (also the Alcohol % software) can cause BSOD's on Win7 systems - please do the following:

Quote:

Daemon Tools (and Alcohol % software) are known to cause BSOD's on Win7 systems due to the sptd.sys driver.
Please uninstall the program, then use the following free tool to ensure that the troublesome sptd.sys driver is removed from your system (pick the 32 or 64 bit system depending on your system's configuration): DuplexSecure - FAQ

The memory dumps blame the Logitech camera drivers. Please do the following:
- download a fresh copy of the Win7 compatible software from the Logitech website
- unintsall the currently installed Logitech software
- install the freshly downloaded Logitech software and monitor for further BSOD's.

2 of your Netgear Wireless USB drivers date from 2007 and are likely to be problematic with Win7. Please update to a Win7 compatible version of the drivers (if not following my advice from earlier in this post).

Your Wacom Tablet drivers (?Bamboo?) also date from 2007. Please update them also.

OLDER DRIVERS PRESENT IN THE DUMP FILES
- Create a System Restore Point prior to doing any of this. DO NOT mess with the drivers themselves - leave the Windows\System32\drivers directory alone unless we specifically direct you to it!
- Please update these drivers from the device manufacturer's website - or uninstall them from your system. Reference links are included below.
- DO NOT use Windows Update or the Update Drivers function of Device Manager.
- Please feel free to post back about any drivers that you are having difficulty locating.
- Windows Update exceptions may be noted below for Windows drivers:

Quote:

Code:

sptd.sys Sun Oct 11 16:55:14 2009 (4AD24632)
amdxata.sys Fri Mar 19 12:18:18 2010 (4BA3A3CA)
PxHlpa64.sys Tue Jun 23 19:16:35 2009 (4A416253)
AtiPcie.sys Tue May 05 11:00:22 2009 (4A005486)
scmndisp.sys Wed Jan 17 02:48:03 2007 (45ADD4B3)
k57nd60a.sys Thu A... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bosd-at-random-moments-all-the-time-612846.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello im getting furstrated with the setup i built in this summer because it seems to crash at the most random points and it is not constant it is sporadic it can happen twice a day and then not happen for three weeks the setup that i am running is I - GHz MSI Z S SLI krait edition MS- Kingstion fury Mhz x GB MSI Geforce GTX GB WD blue TB Samsung Evo GB SSD CoolMaster V S W gold edition i have tried trouble shooting the hardware by testing the ram one at the time running memtest on the drives I have tried to look for the problem in the event manager and form the program Whocrashed from here it seems that the ntoskrnl exe might be to blame but from what i know that is almost never true Some times when it BSOD it does not leave a dump file which i find wierd and when it BSOD's it does not give a clear reason to why it did it i have tried to google the error codes form the BSOD but that was in vain So now im here asking for help since i cant seem to trouble shoot this random at BSOD it) seems (ntoskrnl.exe to cause moments problem whihc i think is BSOD at random moments (ntoskrnl.exe seems to cause it) software related i have attached the zip file you guys ask for and i picture of the BSOD that comes sry for the poor quality BSOD at random moments (ntoskrnl.exe seems to cause it) i hope you can help me Regards Jacob

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/391589-bsod-random-moments-ntoskrnl-exe-seems-cause.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi I have several logs of errors They while moments idle. and random BSOD all seem different A couple weeks ago I could start to see red colors on dark BSOD random moments and while idle. ones As if my black became redish Kinda like artifacts Now I get BSOD very often Every - minutes Sometimes it reboots sometime it bsod again Also sometimes it will reboot without detecting my video card Code System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name SICK-PC Operating System Windows BSOD random moments and while idle. dition Familiale Premium -bit Build win gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer System manufacturer System Model System Product Name BSOD random moments and while idle. BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GTX Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GTX DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV E amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Moniteur Plug-and-Play g n rique Monitor Model ASUS VE Monitor Id ACI F Native Mode x p Hz Output Type DVI Driver Name nvd dumx dll nvwgf umx dll nvwgf umx dll nvd dum nvwgf um nvwgf um Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo'd n a WHQL Date Stamp n a Device Identifier D B E E- A - CF- E- D FC C Vendor ID x DE Device ID x E SubSys ID x Revision ID x A Driver Strong Name oem inf NVIDIA SetA Devices NTamd Section pci ven de amp dev e Rank Of Driver E that is my setup Signature du probl me Nom d v nement de probl me BlueScreen Version du syst me Identificateur de param tres r gionaux Informations suppl mentaires sur le probl me BCCode d BCP FFFFEA F B BCP BCP BCP FFFFF A OS Version Service Pack Product That is the one I just got I am not a god with BSOD so please be patient with me I am willing to try anything you ask me for Thank you for your time and help Appreciated

A:BSOD random moments and while idle.

You don't have all the necessary files attached. Please run the BSOD Dump & System File Collection app from the below link and upload the .rar file.
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/239970-bsod-random-moments-while-idle.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi!

I've been having these random BSODs for about a month now, and I have no idea what the cause is. The PC runs perfectly fine for a few days and then sometimes just starts having a BSOD several times whihtin a few hours. I've tried returning the PC to an earlier state, upgrading the drivers and it didn't help.

I hope you guys can help me because it's getting pretty annoying.

My Windows 7 did not come pre installed and is downloaded from MSDN. (for further system specs, look @ profile please)

A:BSODs (at seemingly random moments)

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\richc46\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2+Perfom.zip\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\053011-27924-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available
Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.17592.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110408-1631
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`03a12000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`03c57650
Debug session time: Mon May 30 14:40:18.096 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:12:33.298
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *
BugCheck A, {48, 2, 1, fffff80003b3a01f}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiIdentifyPfn+26f )
---------
0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000048, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000001, bitfield :
bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status)
Arg4: fffff80003b3a01f, address which referenced memory
Debugging Details:
------------------

WRITE_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80003cc1100
CURRENT_IRQL: 2
FAULTING_IP:
nt!MiIdentifyPfn+26f
fffff800`03b3a01f f0410fba6e481f lock bts dword ptr [r14+48h],1Fh
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
TRAP_FRAME: fffff88008c3c4e0 -- (.trap 0xfffff88008c3c4e0)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=0000000000000001 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0800000000000020
rdx=0000000000092632 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff80003b3a01f rsp=fffff88008c3c670 rbp=fffffa8005344090
r8=0000000000092633 r9=0000000000000001 r10=0000000000000042
r11=0000058000000000 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na po nc
nt!MiIdentifyPfn+0x26f:
fffff800`03b3a01f f0410fba6e481f lock bts dword ptr [r14+48h],1Fh ds:00000000`00000048=????????
Resetting default scope
LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80003a912a9 to fffff80003a91d00
STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`08c3c398 fffff800`03a912a9 : 00000000`0000000a 00000000`00000048 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000001 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`08c3c3a0 fffff800`03a8ff2... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/168282-bsods-seemingly-random-moments.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi guys, so I've not experienced a BSOD in quite a while but yesterday I got a BAD_POOL_CALLER (while browsing the internet) and today I got a BAD_POOL_HEADER (while playing the good old Stronghold Crusader HD). I've got the necessary information zipped up for you, but please ignore that one minidump which is really old (from march/april), that was a random BSOD and it didn't come back after.

I've ran a sfc /scannow with the result "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/57158-bad_pool_caller-bad_pool_header-random-moments.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I did a system health report and everything passed.

A:BSOD at random moments - 1000007e

Quote: Originally Posted by Regato

I did a system health report and everything passed.

This sole crash was Related to nvhda32v.sys NVIDIA HDMI Audio Driver from NVIDIA Corporation. I would re-install newest.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/183744-bsod-random-moments-1000007e.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello everyone This is at moments(so random BSOD appearing seems) it my first time here hopefully not my last I have a major problem with my computer and i am freaking the heck out Starting this month i have been receiving a TON of BSOD There is a pattern with some of them but the rest happen haphazardly at random moments For example I would be playing a game League of Legends Battlefield etc I Alt-Tab to check something BSOD I would be playing a game Same as before I CLOSE the BSOD appearing at random moments(so it seems) game normally BSOD I would be browsing the internet computer files i close a window BSOD I open my torrent downloader set up my downloads shut off monitor for overnight download I wake up today and it says my computer had suffered a BSOD I don't understand why this is happening I have not changed anything in my computer and it just started happening I have a feeling reinstalling Windows will not help me here What could possibly be going on One of the errors the x stuff ended with b BSOD appearing at random moments(so it seems) This one appears after anything full screen closes Please help me guys gals My computer is very important to me as i had built it myself after years of saving and i would appreciate everyone's help Thank you very much

A:BSOD appearing at random moments(so it seems)

Oh dear, i posted without uploading the required file. My apologies everyone. I have been trying to induce the BSOD to get the dump files, but there are many version of the BSOD appearing at different moments i don't know if i captured them all.

I am in deep trouble

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/324634-bsod-appearing-random-moments-so-seems.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello I thought my issues were solved locks - Computer hard but I was wrong Before I tell what the problem is here are the specs CPU Intel I GPU Computer hard locks - EVGA GTX Memory x gb Kingston Hyperx mhz Mobo Asus P P PRO Power Supply FSP Aurum Gold Audio Onboard My computer freezes during gaming when iddle in Windows when installing Windows and even inside BIOS latest version It can happen times in minutes or once every hours This computer is months old and I believe after - months the freezing started At start it would freeze maybe once ever days or so Then it started freezing almost daily and now it freezes - times a day - So far I've tried switching my GTX for other weaker cards and the freezing continued - Then I tried both sticks of RAM separately and on different slots I even tried another monitor as I had visual problems because of a bad HDMI cable in the past This also did not work Also my memory is set to run at a lower frequency and voltage mhz v This is automatically set by the mobo altough the memory has a XMP profile to run at mhz and V Both configurations did not work - I cleaned my entire case and all it's components of dust barely had any and reseated every component and replugged every cable twice - I've run several minutes sessions of furmark This did not cause any artifacts or shutdowns - I've run memtest boot version several times I've seen at least passes so far altough not sequential and not a single error - I've run Prime for over hours This did return a error on one of the workers saying quot rounding was expected less than quot The error occurred after hours - I've run CHKDSK and it did not return a single bad sector - In any of the previous steps my computer did freeze at least once but the pattern makes me believe the following - It is not memory because memtest did not return a single error after or so passes Also if it was memory it would probably be a single stick of it and not both of them at the same time - It is not the power supply because my system would most likely shutdown or restart and my motherboard would also most likely beep telling my there is not enough power Additionally this is a very good power supply and I've monitored the voltages and they are all correct with barely any percentage of fluctuation - It is not the GPU Running furmark for several sessions without artifacts or shutdowns and also trying different GPUs on different slots did not seize the freezing - It is not temperature The case is very well ventilated and the temps of every component is below the average reported by the manufacturers - It is not software I had most recent drivers for everything inside my computer and it still froze Stock drivers that were running fine during the first months of my PC also did not work Reinstalling Windows did not work The biggest proof though is that it froze inside BIOS - It is not the Hard Disk The proof is that it froze inside BIOS with the HD cables unplugged I believe the issue is either the motherboard or the CPU most likely the first I don't think there is anything else to do as I have no spare mobo or CPU to test I'm thinking of buying a new motherboard but before that I wanted to know what is everyone's opinion about this and if there is something else that can solve the problem Thank you

A:Computer hard locks -

Well, RAM would have been my first guess, but you seem to have covered that pretty well. I would lean more towards the motherboard before the processor, I can't remember the last time I had a problem with an Intel processor. I have had many ASUS mobo problems recently, a lot of the symptoms that you report, in addition to BIOS being screwed up (the screen is askew when in BIOS, totally strange, and ASUS unsuccessfully tried to repair it, hellooooo Intel Motherboard).

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/209300-computer-hard-locks.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi All,
With your help I was recently able to diagnose a faulty video card on my system that was causing a blank screen crash as soon as I logged into winodws. I've replaced the videocard, and now there's another problem - the machine randomly freezes. I've noticed it happening more often when i'm using the internet. It crashed as I was browsing with google chrome. Not quite sure if that was necessary for the crash, since it's what happens mostly on this machine. I've run a memory diagnostic and that came up clean. I've completely reformatted the hard drive, reinstalled Windows 7 x64, and downloaded all the necessary Windows Updates. The problem persists! I'm attaching a BSOD report, even though I'm not sure if It'll have any information regarding the freeze.

Thanks!

A:Random total freezing during internet use, needs hard reboot

SP1 isn't installed, please do the following:

Quote:
Installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1
1. Visit the PC manufacturer's website and update ALL drivers. DO NOT use Windows Update or the "Update drivers" function of Device Manager.
2. Check Device Manager for any unknown/disabled devices - if there are unknown/disabled devices, fix them with the latest drivers from the device manufacturer's website (not the PC Manufacturer)
3. Visit Windows Update and get all updates (may take repeated visits)
4. Visit Windows Update and get Service Pack 1 (usually under Important Updates). Read these notes for installing SP1: Steps to follow before you install Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 from the Microsoft Download Center
NOTE: For Vista, read these notes:

Quote:
Read these notes for installing Vista SP1: Learn how to install Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Read these notes for installing Vista SP2: Learn how to install Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2)

5. Visit Windows Update and get any other available updates. May take repeated visits, but keep it up until you get several "Windows is updated" results.
If you're having difficulties with installing a Service Pack, please use the SURTool from this link: What is the System Update Readiness Tool?
Also, check out this troubleshooting link from Microsoft: Troubleshoot problems installing Service Pack 1 (SP1) for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2

I have had limited success in installing updates/Service Packs when using a "clean boot". I suspect that I'm just bypassing the problem - and that it can come back to bite me in the butt later on.

Try other browsers to see if you can blame it on just one browswer - or on all of them.

Quote:
Event[131]:
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-HAL
Date: 2012-07-14T08:40:31.459
Event ID: 12
Task: N/A
Level: Error
Opcode: Info
Keyword: N/A
User: N/A
User Name: N/A
Computer: Beta
Description:
The platform firmware has corrupted memory across the previous system power transition. Please check for updated firmware for your system.

Try updating your BIOS

I got lucky finding this one:

Quote:
Log Name: Application
Source: Windows Error Reporting
Date: 2012-07-13T14:34:02.000
Event ID: 1001
Task: N/A
Level: Information
Opcode: Info
Keyword: Classic
User: N/A
User Name: N/A
Computer: 37L4247E29-32
Description:
Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: PnPDriverNotFound
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: x64
P2: ACPI\ATK0110
P3:
P4:
P5:
P6:
P7:
P8:
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
C:\Windows\Temp\DMI4E7C.tmp.log.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\NonCritical_x64_7b90e53f6497da36d01d2c8167badd75493 30a6_cab_04b54eda

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 51313f60-cd19-11e1-949e-916c36d90f58
Report Status: 6

Have you reinstalled the Asus ATK0110 ACPI Utility driver recently? If not, please do so.

If this helps at all - but the problem persists - please generate a new set of jcgriff2 reports.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/240938-random-total-freezing-during-internet-use-needs-hard-reboot.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hey guys I'm new in forum My hardware is Notebook Dell Inspiron N R Alu Intel core i - M Ati Radeon HD GB GB DDR MHz I have my notebook for almost years and I always had problems with bluescreens Errors are always different from KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED BAD POOL CALLER to PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA or even PAGE FAULT BEYOND END OF ALLOCATION There is always a problem with ntoskrnl exe and at start I also received problems with ntfs sys I have already tested my HDD with chkdsk and memory with memtest windows memory test Both tests ended without any problems I had problems with cooling when I was playing games GPU always had like Celsius degree or sometimes different in ntoskrnl.exe, moments, errors random BSOD even and instant shutdown I've sent notebook few days ago on guarantee because of that temperature and they replaced my motherboard and heatsink with new ones Bluescreen problem haven't dissapear though I have also tried to use verifier and testing non-microsoft drivers so after BSOD in random moments, ntoskrnl.exe, different errors logging in I have bluescreen after - seconds and the problem is like I said PAGE FAULT BEYOND END OF ALLOCATION I think that I have some problems with drivers but I don't know which one I've already removed my graphic card drivers and installed the newest one BSOD in random moments, ntoskrnl.exe, different errors from amd ati website I need your help to repair that strange problem guys Here I give you my minidumps Attachment

A:BSOD in random moments, ntoskrnl.exe, different errors

Related to copperhd.sys Diamondback USB Optical Mouse Driver from Razer (Asia-Pacific) Pte Ltd. I would re-install newest. Yours is from 2009.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/226947-bsod-random-moments-ntoskrnl-exe-different-errors.html
Relevancy 61.06%

happy new year ppl im new year resolution is getting my wife computer to work without bluescreens she gets xf randomly she doesnt really game so much i dont know why the times that ive sen the bluescreens she was facebooking playing flash games on facebook watching a video from her secondary drive using GOM her hardware - year old phenom clocked ghz with v gb ddr - clocked BSOD random 0xf4 moments just browsing) (usually at BSOD 0xf4 random moments (usually just browsing) trying to be safe new sabertooth fx new the harddrives arent so new i tried the driver verifier got the daemon tools file to crash and also a file from her mouse uninstalled the mouse driver and updated both daemon and its sptd or whatever is called i been trying quot bluescreenview quot and all i get is ntoskrnl exe cc or wmiacpi sys f a d i even got USBSTOR SYS b i havent updated the amd atk file BSOD 0xf4 random moments (usually just browsing) cuz i dont see it on device manager please give me a hand would ya

A:BSOD 0xf4 random moments (usually just browsing)

NOTE: I have severe eye problems. If I do not respond to your postings, please PM another staff member for assistance.

I suggest starting all troubleshooting with the following diagnostic tests (located at this link: Hardware Diagnostics ). They'll save you a lot of time and heartache if there is a hardware failure, and you'll have the disks on hand in case you need them in the future:

Quote:
H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
Hard Drive Diagnostics (read the details at the link) - Test ALL of the hard drives.

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Free Online AntiMalware Resources (read the details at the link)
There are also free, bootable antivirus disks at this link: Free Online AntiMalware Resources - Bootable Disks

Because there are memory issues, and because at least one of the BSOD's blames your disk hardware - I'd strongly suggest that you perform the above diagnostics first.

Only 56 updates since SP1 - most systems have 60-70 or more. Please check Windows Update for any available updates.

The WER section of MSINFO32 shows 3 STOP 0xF4 errors all blaming core Windows components.

Uninstall Daemon Tools, then use this free tool to ensure that the offending sptd.sys driver is removed from your system: DuplexSecure - FAQ - Remove 64 bit sptd.sys
DO NOT reinstall it until we're done troubleshooting!!!

Uninstall EVGA Precision, as it's also known for causing BSOD's (FYI - Riva Tuner and MSI Afterburner also use the same components).

As this is a memory access problem (NTSTATUS of 0xc0000005) in a security module (csrss.exe), I'd have to suspect your Norton also. To test this out, please try this:

Quote:
Anti-Virus Removal:
Please do the following:
- download a free antivirus for testing purposes: Free AntiVirus
- uninstall the Norton from your system (you can reinstall it, if so desired, when we're done troubleshooting)
- remove any remnants of Norton using this free tool: http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_...080710133834EN
- IMMEDIATELY install and update the free antivirus, then check to ensure that the Windows Firewall is turned on.
- check to see if this fixes the BSOD's
NOTE: NEVER run more than 1 anti-virus, firewall, Internet Security/Security Center application at the same time.

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\FUBAR\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\010212-27050-01.dmp]
Debug session time: Mon Jan 2 07:48:05.547 2012 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:46:18.123
BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa800ab21b30, fffffa800ab21e10, fffff8000359b8b0}
Probably caused by : wininit.exe
PROCESS_NAME: wininit.exe
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xF4_C0000005
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xF4_C0000005_IMAGE_wininit.exe
Bugcheck code 000000F4
Arguments 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`0ab21b30 fffffa80`0ab21e10 fffff800`0359b8b0
BiosVersion = 0901
BiosReleaseDate = 11/24/2011
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\FUBAR\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\123111-28672-01.dmp]
Debug session time: Sat Dec 31 11:01:24.978 2011 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:18:29.554
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+37bba )
DISK_HARDWARE_ERROR: There was error with disk hardware
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7a_c000000e
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x7a_c000000e_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_+37bba
Bugcheck code 0000007A
Arguments fffff6fc`5008a540 ffffffff`c000000e 00000002`1c893880 fffff8a0`114a8034
BiosVersion = 0901
BiosReleaseDate = 11/24/2011
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/205955-bsod-0xf4-random-moments-usually-just-browsing.html
Relevancy 61.06%

So I have problem with my computer again, but this time it creates .dmp file.

So, what I've already done to prevent BSOD from happening:
1. Reinstalled Windows 2 times. First time on SSD, second time on HDD and BSOD is still hapenning.
2. Checked HDD and SSD connection to power supply.
3. I checked every RAM memory stick, I mean I plugged one at time, and BSOD happened with all of them, so it may be that all my RAM is broken, or it's not RAM.

Can you help me with that crap?

EDIT:
Mostly it happens after like 20 or 30 minutes of working on computer.

A:BSOD at random moments, ntoskrnl is the reason, don't know how to fix

Please visit Windows Update and install all available updates (exception for Windows 10 update)
Updating helps improving system stability, performance and fixes several problems including BSOD's.

Code:
Poprawki: Zainstalowane poprawki: 5
It appears that the dump present is corrupted (the size is 0KB) so it is useless, the event logs however show a few 0xF4 which in my experience is caused by hard drive failure.
Please make sure your installation is up to date and test your system, after you have tested your system and it appears to still crash then follow below instructions.

Diagnostics Test

HDD TEST

Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums
Run following testsShort Drive Self Test
Short generic
Long generic
If the short generic fails, no need for the long generic.

Note
Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

Run chkdsk
Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums

Run HDTune toscan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
check the health,
benchmark.
It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
Let me know what the results areof the error scan,
make a screenshot of the health of every hard drive and post the screenshots,
post screenshots with the benchmark of thetransfer rate,
access time,
burst rate,
cpu usage.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/394061-bsod-random-moments-ntoskrnl-reason-dont-know-how-fix.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi everyone,

First post ever, by I really need help...

Help needed with BSOD. Haven't made any hardware or software changes recently. Yesterday my PC showed the blue screen twice, I restarted several of times, reinstalled Microsoft Security Essentials, which had started to act funny and could not be started, PC stopped restarting. Until today. Two more blue screens.

Dump files and other information gathered by DM Log collector Tool are attached.

Thanks in advance,

Vladimir

A:BSOD at random moments, dxgkrnl.sys, ntoskrnl.exe?

Problem device: GT-I8262 USB\VID_04E8&PID_6860&MS_COMP_MTP&SAMSUNG_ANDROID\7&68BA669&0&0000 This device cannot start.
Uninstall Daemon Tools and start HW diagnostics. RAM should be the first one on your list eight passes per stick please. Hardware Diagnostics

Then install HD Tune and post screenshots of both Health and Error Scan tab. Be sure to uncheck the Quick Scan option within the software.

P.S.: Do you happen to be a translator?

Code:
intelppm.sys Tue Jul 14 01:19:25 2009 (4A5BC0FD)
Intel Processor driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=intelppm.sys

amdxata.sys Fri Mar 19 17:18:18 2010 (4BA3A3CA)
AMD storage controller driver - usually from the Windows 7 DVD
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=amdxata.sys

HECIx64.sys Wed Oct 20 01:33:43 2010 (4CBE2AD7)
Intel Management Engine Interface
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=HECIx64.sys

Rt64win7.sys Fri Jun 10 08:33:15 2011 (4DF1BAAB)
Realtek RTL8168D/8111D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Rt64win7.sys

netr7364.sys Tue Oct 4 08:14:37 2011 (4E8AA44D)
Ralink RT2501/RT2573/T2601/RT2671 Wireless Adapter (you may have a different manufacturer)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=netr7364.sys

GEARAspiWDM.sys Thu May 3 21:56:17 2012 (4FA2E2E1)
CD-ROM Class Filter Driver by Gear Software.[br]Also comes with iTunes
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=GEARAspiWDM.sys

nvhda64v.sys Thu Nov 28 14:38:09 2013 (52974741)
nVidia HDMI Audio Device (nForce chipset driver)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvhda64v.sys

ssudbus.sys Thu Jan 2 10:51:22 2014 (52C5369A)
SAMSUNG USB Composite Device Driver. Likely a part of Samsung Kies.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ssudbus.sys

ssudmdm.sys Thu Jan 2 10:51:26 2014 (52C5369E)
SAMSUNG CDMA Modem WDM. Likely a part of Samsung Kies.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ssudmdm.sys

dtsoftbus01.sys Fri Feb 21 10:49:36 2014 (53072130)
Daemon Tools driver [br] Possible BSOD issues in Win7
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=dtsoftbus01.sys

igdkmd64.sys Thu Mar 20 16:40:31 2014 (532B0BEF)
Intel Graphics driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=igdkmd64.sys

nvlddmkm.sys Wed Jul 2 19:42:02 2014 (53B4446A)
nVidia Video drivers
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvlddmkm.sys

MpFilter.sys Sat Nov 1 20:22:16 2014 (545532E8)
Microsoft Windows AntiMalware protection system
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=MpFilter.sys

Debug session time: Tue Mar 31 12:28:38.821 2015 (UTC + 2:00)
Loading Dump File [D:\SysnativeBSODApps\033115-14703-01.dmp]
Built by: 7601.18741.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.150202-1526
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:33.852
Probably caused by : memory_corruption
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc000001d, fffff88006846b2f, fffff880023d7af8, fffff880023d7350}
BugCheck Info: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e)
Bugcheck code 1000007E
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffc000001d, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: fffff88006846b2f, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: fffff880023d7af8, Exception Record Address
Arg4: fffff880023d7350, Context Record Address
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7E
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: CODE_CORRUPTION
PROCESS_NAME: csrss.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_MEMORY_CORRUPTION_STRIDE
MaxSpeed: 2600
CurrentSpeed: 2594
BiosVersion = 4001
BiosReleaseDate = 04/20/2012
SystemManufacturer = System manufacturer
SystemProductName = System Product Name
Debug session time: Tue Mar 31 12:20:08.907 2015 (UTC + 2:00)
Loading Dump File [D:\SysnativeBSODApps\033115-19983-01.dmp]
Built by: 7601.18741.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.150202-1526
System Uptime: 1 days 0:25:15.937
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!FsRtlUninitializeOplock+f2 )
BugCheck 24, {1904fb, f... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/63863-bsod-random-moments-dxgkrnl-sys-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 61.06%

When I'm playing Minecraft 1.7.4 or League of Legends, in the random moments while playing the game, I would get a BSOD without it having nonpaged fault or etc.

A:BSOD Random moments when playing PC Games

I also have sudden restarting on my computer. Please Help

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/319388-bsod-random-moments-when-playing-pc-games.html
Relevancy 61.06%

When the BSOD pops up it says something like
"Error IRQ Not less or Equal to " then it says (tcpip.sys)

I've tried updating all my drivers that didnt seem to help. It also sometimes pops up when I am playing games.

I am running windows 8
If you need more info I can try and find it I'm just not that savvy.

Just right now I got another one, watching a video. I attached the second report.

A:BSOD at random moments mostly installing new software,

Is there any particular reason that you haven't updated to Win8.1 yet? I only ask to see if there were problems. Please DO NOT update to 8.1 until after we've stopped the BSOD's - it makes the process more difficult.

Only 9 Windows Updates installed. Most systems have 160 or more. Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available updates (it may take several trips to get them all).

Is there a particular reason that you are using a ASIX AX88772B USB2.0 to Fast Ethernet Adapter when you have a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller (which is faster) already on the system?

MSINFO32.nfo report is corrupted. Please do the following:

MSINFO32:
Please go to Start and type in "msinfo32.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Save the report as an .nfo file, then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Also, save a copy as a .txt file and include it also (it's much more difficult to read, but we have greater success in getting the info from it).

If you're having difficulties with the format, please open an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt and type (or copy/paste) "msinfo32 /nfo %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\TEST.NFO" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Then navigate to Desktop to retrieve the TEST.NFO file. If you have difficulties with making this work, please post back. Then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.

The memory dumps point to networking errors.

My first suspicion is your Norton protection - simply because I've seen problems with it in the past (but not recently). The "test" for this is to uninstall Norton temporarily (and activate Windows Defender and the Windows Firewall while testing).

My next suspect is your Bluetooth drivers - they date from Win8 and aren't well behaved with Win8.1. Please download and install the latest, Win8.1 compatible version.

To get more info on the crashes, I'd suggest running Driver Verifier according to these instructions: Driver Verifier Settings

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Tue Apr 29 16:00:25.279 2014 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\042914-8234-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9200.16424.amd64fre.win8_gdr.120926-1855
System Uptime:0 days 0:23:32.005
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for afd.sys
Probably caused by :tcpip.sys ( tcpip! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+206ab )
BugCheck D1, {158, 2, 1, fffff88001da41e3}
BugCheck Info: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000158, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000001, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: fffff88001da41e3, address which referenced memory
BUGCHECK_STR: AV
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: uTorrent.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_tcpip!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2400
CurrentSpeed: 2395
BIOS Version F.23
BIOS Release Date 12/14/2012
Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
Product Name HP ENVY dv6 Notebook PC
**************************Tue Apr 29 15:31:20.283 2014 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\042914-7781-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9200.16424.amd64fre.win8_gdr.120926-1855
System Uptime:0 days 0:20:11.008
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for mwac.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mwac.sys
Probably caused by :fwpkclnt.sys ( fwpkclnt!FwppInjectionStackCallout+88 )
BugCheck D1, {158, 2, 1, fffff88001d9b1e3}
BugCheck Info: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LES... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/45455-bsod-random-moments-mostly-installing-new-software.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello I have a big crashes in 7 Games at moments Windows random problem with my PC The problem is that most of my games seem to crash at random times when I'm playing It just says the the program has stopped working and that all It can happen efter min when playing or after minutes it seems to be completely random The games that are most affected by this is Company of Games crashes at random moments in Windows 7 Heroes Star Wars Batllefront Left Dead Civilization V Europe Universalis IV Sims and lots of other games Computer specs CPU AMD FX- Noctua NH-U S cooler GPU Asus GTX ti Motherboard Gigabyte LMT-USB RAM Single stick Gb PSU SFC sf- p p w OS Windows Home Premium I ran with the stock AMD Cpu cooler until a few weeks ago but changed it for a Noctua NH-U S because the computer would get really hot and get BSOD After that the motherboard broke and the computer was unable to boot until I bought a new Gigabyte LMT-USB The computer has since then been like it is now I don't get those BSOD anymore The Only problem right now is that all games I play crash after a while Games would crash before I changed motherboard and cpu cooler too but I suspected that was just becuase it got too hot I have updated my drivers and it don't seem to work The computer runs cool so overheating is not the issue The ram is tested with the built in memcheck on the old motherboard Asus a l-m lx and in another computer A reinstall of Windows is already done The Windows Event viewer shows that the program has crashes but not any usable information I have tried to use another gpu but that did not work it was a Radeon r x Any suggestion on what to do next is highly appreciated Thanks

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/games-crashes-random-moments-windows-7-4604100/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello,

my PC (laptop, win10, about 3 years old) started to fall to BSOD quite often about month ago. It never did that before. The crashes happen mostly while doing some office work while having both Word and Excel 2016 open and also google chrome with multiple tabs. The program which causes the crashe is reported to be NETIO.sys and there is also the exception code, but I lost my note about what it is, sorry, hopefuly you can find it in the attached files. The only thing which I am aware of which changed at the time the crashes started is that my MS Office license ran out and some WIN10 updates were installed.

Hope I gave the basic description, were you interested in more info, I will try to help.

MB

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/69817-netio-sys-error-bsod-rather-random-moments.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Upon coming back home with my PC, I plugged everything in, checked the internal connections, and powered it up, only to have it blue screen moments after. Upon trying to boot it back up, it refused to pass BIOS twice, but on the third try, it worked. After that, I ran a Malwarebytes scan, which came back positive with 14 threats. It hasn't blue screened again, but I would like to know exactly what was causing this issue. (I don't know a thing about reading the .dmp files >~<)

A:BSOD few moments after bootup. Random intervals.

If it helps, the error message is "Stop: 0x0000007e

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/358444-bsod-few-moments-after-bootup-random-intervals.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello,

Starting today I'm experiencing some odd BSOD at random moments.
There doesn't seem to be any odd behaviour when it happens, for example it might be completely stationary (I'm not even doing anything on my computer), or I'm browsing the web. The only programs that are running at the moment are Google Chrome, Steam, AVG, dropbox, skype, google play and the AMD CCC.

The BSOD gives no extra information, because right at the moment the line where it should say what kind of problem it could be, the computer restarts immediately.
I tried to look for the MEMORY.DMP file, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Are there some other tests I can do to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance!

(Attached is the Diagnostics zip)

A:BSOD at random moments, no error message

Remove AVG with the tool from them, then set Windows Firewall and Windows Defender services to Automatic and start them too.

All of you other drivers appear fine to me, and AVG has a history of being one of the most well known bsod-causers there is.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/39175-bsod-random-moments-no-error-message.html
Relevancy 60.63%

For some reason, when i start using explorer the system starts to take a long time to load anything and gets stuck on the loading cursor.. pretty soon it requires me to hard-reboot the computer. This also occurs when i am trying to install software.

Running:-

core 2 X6800
2gb corsair (something)
2x nvidia 7900gtx

A:Hangs then requires reboot

Have a look in your error logs and give us an idea of what it says. They can be found by clicking on start, right click on computer and open manage.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/113164-hangs-then-requires-reboot.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi first of all nice forum quite liking the whole thing Had a quick search around the forums and was unable to find anything identical to what I have it's been bugging me for a while and I still have no clue Symptoms At startup sound does not load properly No system sound no audio no all the volums bars are shown in the sound manager Seems to happen more frequently when the laptop has been unplugged before startup When it does work sound occasionnally seems to stop after a random amount of time anywhere from half an hour to a couple hours uptime sometimes a day or two Again no system sound and up) at Sound random occasionally moments absent and start (at no audio Possibly occurs more often when connected to the net Sound absent (at random moments and occasionally at start up) but htis could just be an impression havent measured it Winamp trackbar just stops does no play files VLC media player acts like its playing track bar moves forward like normal but no sound When sound is not working the laptop loses all ability to do a normal shutdown at least in any reasonable length of time sometimes does after minutes and requires a forced manual button pressing for seconds restart Its all I've been able to identify Ive checked and reloaded all drivers sound motherboard checked the acpi and the power management Nothing I could see wrong there Just checking to see of any of you have any ideas before i flash my bios and do a clean install on top Using WinXP Pro LSD french version on an ACER WLMi laptop havent found anything on the acer forums Cheers

A:Sound absent (at random moments and occasionally at start up)

I... ummm... can't seem to find the edit button this time around, guess its late and I'm tired...

What I was going to add are:
Soundcard: Realtek AC97
Sound is also absent when using external speakers or headphones

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sound-absent-at-random-moments-and-occasionally-at-start-up-132351.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi all I've been having this problem for a while now I've bought a new Toshiba C D-A- laptop with Windows pre-installed in December The problem is that Windows freezes at random moments Most frequently while watching a C50D-A-133 Windows freezes on Satellite moments 8.1 random at movie in MediaPlayer listening to music or while browsing websites The only thing I can do during a freeze is to move the cursor However I can not click on anything - it is not responsive Windows 8.1 freezes at random moments on Satellite C50D-A-133 The quot freeze time quot varies - it can last seconds or even up to minutes After this it usually quot unfreezes quot and everything works fine again or the laptop restarts on it's own There are times I get - freezes during one hour and there are times that there is only one freeze in eight hours All drivers graphics WiFi card sound card etc are up to date I checked the system for malware and viruses - there weren't any I have all recent Windows Updates I don't know what is the source of this problem It's really annoying I will be grateful for any advice

A:Windows 8.1 freezes at random moments on Satellite C50D-A-133

I guess nobody will be able to say exactly what the source of such freezing is.

From my point of view you should firstly check if its not software related issue.
In many cases system problems could lead to such annoying notebook behaviour and therefore I would recommend you to ?Reset? (to recover) the system back to factory settings.

From my understanding in case the freezing is related to the system problem, going back to factory settings should fix this problem?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?75631-Windows-8-1-freezes-at-random-moments-on-Satellite-C50D-A-133
Relevancy 60.2%

i'm having inumerous BSOD problems with my pc i tryed to format change the OS and didn't help before the format it happened every time mins iddle with everything closed and quot BSOD quot then after the format i've just got the BSOD sometimes opening games generally CSGO and PayDay the last times BSOD ntoskrnl.exe & etc. ntkrnlmp.exe) moments At random (involving if someone can help me i'm new in the forum here's the quot Who'sCrashed quot results On Wed GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump BSOD At random moments (involving ntoskrnl.exe & ntkrnlmp.exe) etc. - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x BC Bugcheck code xA x x x xFFFFF F B Error IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH LEVEL or above This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time On Wed GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntkrnlmp exe nt KeBugCheckEx x Bugcheck code xA x x x xFFFFF F B Error IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Bug check description This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH LEVEL or above This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time i'm posting the SF Diagnostic too

A:BSOD At random moments (involving ntoskrnl.exe & ntkrnlmp.exe) etc.

(here)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/318452-bsod-random-moments-involving-ntoskrnl-exe-ntkrnlmp-exe-etc.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi First of all thank you for taking the time to read my thread The problem I'm having is that I'm experiencing BSODs on my desktop PC at different moments Sometimes it happens at startup other times it happens while watching a movie on YouTube or during a Skype call When looking into the minidumps I see that many BSODs relate to ntoskrnl exe but not all of them I'm running a quite old pc years but it has always performed well and didn't experience any problems with it since I reinstalled Windows -bit about a year ago Only lately it has been giving problems What moments multiple BSODs at random codes error with I tried so far - Run Memtest no errors - chkdsk on the boot HDD - Run sfc scannow BSODs at random moments with multiple error codes command no errors found - Remove any overclock on my system - Replaced many drivers I was suspecting to cause trouble such as my Graphics card driver now reverted to an old version I'm sure of it was stable on my PC have tried the newest one SATA RAID drivers amp network BSODs at random moments with multiple error codes drivers I'm not sure whether it is related but almost everytime I boot either Dropbox or Skype crashes Does anyone have a suggestion on the cause or solution Thanks in advance Cyto

A:BSODs at random moments with multiple error codes

Welcome to SevenForums

Please remove anything related to acronis on your computer during the time of troubleshooting. From one of your .dmp shows that it's contributing to these BSOD-s as well. You may have to reinstall latest version once we know the computer is stable.

Update to the latest drivers for your Creative Audio Driver (WDM) Driver Reference Table

Code:
1: kd> lmvm ctaud2k
start end module name
fffff880`0405a000 fffff880`040ff700 ctaud2k T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: ctaud2k.sys
Image path: ctaud2k.sys
Image name: ctaud2k.sys
Timestamp: Wed May 05 18:59:48 2010 (4BE16BC4)
CheckSum: 000B61CB
ImageSize: 000A5700
Check if you are able to update drivers for your video card as well:

Code:
BugCheck D1, {fffff8100320b6f4, 6, 8, fffff8100320b6f4}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VidSchiUpdateContextRunningTimeAtISR+45 )

---------

1: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm
start end module name
fffff880`0f43b000 fffff880`100b2000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys
Image path: nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Sat Oct 15 12:07:55 2011 (4E99233B)
CheckSum: 00C61687
ImageSize: 00C77000
Click on the Start ► Control Panel ► Programs ► Uninstall a program ► Uninstall everything related to; NVIDIA. REBOOT. Delete remnants of its drivers/older drivers using Driver Fusion/Sweeper REBOOT
Download and install the following drivers from filehippo:Download NVIDIA Forceware 306.97 WHQL Vista 64 - FileHippo.com
For monitoring the heat/celsius of the system, use Speccy or HWinfo:Speccy - System Information - Free Download
CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting
Look for an update on the BIOS version:

Code:
BIOS-versie/datum Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG, 2-11-2007
Run these tools and delete anything they find: Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller
ESET online scanner:Free Online Virus Scanner | ESET
Upload a screenshot of your hard disk using crystal disk info:CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums
Run Disk Check on your hard disk for file system errors and bad sectors on it:Disk Check
Hard drive test both short and long with: SeaTools for Windows
Let us know the results of the above

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/262925-bsods-random-moments-multiple-error-codes.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I get this very annoying bluescreen message appearing randomly and I have no idea what it is relating to...

The full error message reads:

STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0X81DF544B, 0x97383924, 0x00000000)

I have attached several dump files, some were form different blue screens I have been getting with different error messages, but never the less would be interesting to know what is casuing these problems and a possible solution.

I may of installed some older software (XP Compatible) and this might of caused a few of them. Never the less, I would like it if someone could help me!!!!

A:Error Message - comes up at random moments - STOP: 0x0000008E

Just got another blue screen:

0x0000001A (0x00005003, 0xc0801000, 0x00000CA5, 0x00CA7948)

It says it has something to do with Memory Management - and I haven't iunstalled any dodgy hardware!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-comes-up-at-random-moments-stop-0x0000008e.644824/
Relevancy 60.2%

Now I'm not sure where to find the information to paste here, but the problem I'm having is constant system freezing. Everytime I try to do a virus scan it freezes, and it will freeze at random moments as well, leaving me with the only option of manual shutdown.

It's windows XP, Satellite L305-S5907

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/357013/laptop-freezes-during-scans-and-seemingly-random-moments/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi there,

I'm running an IT department and one of my users is constantly getting BSOD's. It's happened three times today since the start of the morning. I need to fix this computer immediately .

I followed the instructions in this post: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

I've attached the .zip file that was created after running the tool, and I've attached a screenshot of the BSOD information that Windows provided me.

Hopefully someone can help me out with this soon.

Thank you,

A:BSOD at Random Moments... SF Dump File Included

Hi SFeldman217.

Install Service pack 1 and all other windows updates. Otherwise the system will remain vulnerable to threats.

Code:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (2 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.17273.amd64fre.win7_gdr.130318-1532
Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Service Pack Center - Microsoft Windows

The BSOD is caused by Intel Graphics driver.

Code:
BugCheck 116, {fffffa80058d34e0, fffff88003e49cb0, 0, c}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\igdkmd64.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for igdkmd64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd64.sys
Probably caused by : igdkmd64.sys ( igdkmd64+23cb0 )

---------
And the driver is very old.

Code:
fffff880`03e26000 fffff880`043f9500 igdkmd64 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: igdkmd64.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\igdkmd64.sys
Image name: igdkmd64.sys
Timestamp: Wed May 06 23:52:19 2009 (4A01D55B)
CheckSum: 005D8353
ImageSize: 005D3500
Update the Intel HD Graphics Driver, either from our forum link, Latest Intel HD Graphics Driver for Windows 7, or You may get it from Intel Download Center.
Moreover, you may run the Intel (R) Driver Update Utility to auto detect the appropriate driver for your computer.

Let us know the results.

** If you cannot find the appropriate driver, Execute SF Diag tool again, click the DXDiag button and upload the resulting Text tile.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/306163-bsod-random-moments-sf-dump-file-included.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Okay I really don't know if this is Pixelation on the a at moments? spot specific screen in random my monitor or my graphics card I don't know because the graphics Pixelation in a specific spot on the screen at random moments? card is brand new I don't have any long-time experience with it and the monitor is now using the DVI port versus the VGA it had always used Pixelation in a specific spot on the screen at random moments? the VGA before because that's the cord it came with and I saw no reason to use a different cord But at random moments this one spot on my screen Always the same spot goes pixelated while playing games It's not very big and it's right at the bottom but it's definitely enough to be distracting and annoying But when I change the resolution to another resolution does not matter what res and then back to the one I was using it seems to fix it Note that this does not ALWAYS happen nor does it happen often but it does happen I just want to know if this is monitor or graphics card related and if there is a solution to the problem other than the temporary one I have now

A:Pixelation in a specific spot on the screen at random moments?

There's a handy trick to test if display distortions are in your physical display or in GFX card / system.

When this happens next time, create a screenshot. Now inspect (view) this screenshot. If the distortion is also visible in screenshot, the culprit is your GFX card or system, if it is not visible in screenshot the culprit is your display.

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/286312-pixelation-specific-spot-screen-random-moments.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Here's my spec:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit (original version from this system)
Yes, this is an original OEM version from NCIX.com
(I did reformated it + updates once i got the PC)

My system is brand new for the upcoming 2011-2012 games.
I re-installed my OS 2 days ago (July 30th)

I attached my files.

Thank you, i realy hope you guys can fix this problem

Raph

A:Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit : BSOD at random moments.

Well since I updated my Network Driver, it looks likes the problem was solved. No BSOD since 2 days, been playing AoC on max setting with DX10 on for hours, still no BSOD yet. I will keep this topic updated if the problem re-appear.

Thank you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/172841-windows-7-ultimate-64bit-bsod-random-moments.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi Everyone,
I'm getting a BSOD daily, not a clue why. I've trouble shot as must as could, I have yet to solve my problem.
Please some one assist me on this issue. the zip is uploaded.

A:BSOD while on Netflix and random Moments Every day, error 0x0000001e

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Probably caused by : kltdi.sys ( kltdi+71af ) Kaspersky Network filtering component.

The cause of your BSOD's is your Kaspersky Antivirus. Remove Kaspersky and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials to see if it provides more stability. Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software. Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes are recommended from a strict BSOD perspective. They do not cause blue screens on the system as other AV products do.

Microsoft Security Essentials, Free antivirus for windows and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free

Information
Do not start the free trial of MalwareBytes, unselect that option when prompted.

Update and make full scans with both separately.

Please run these tests and report back the results

1. SFC /scannow to check windows for corruption - SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
2. Disk check for errors on the hard drive - How to Run Disk Check in Windows 7
3. Troubleshoot applications by a clean boot - Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
4. Memtest86+ paying close attention to part 3 - RAM - Test with Memtest86+
5. Hard drive test from HDD mfg website - Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.2.9200.20512 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Yusra\Downloads\Compressed\ApuyDario\SF_04-06-2013\060413-10779-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: 7601.18113.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`03065000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`032a8670
Debug session time: Wed Jun 5 05:52:41.738 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:57.550
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8800d85d660, 0, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for kltdi.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for kltdi.sys
Probably caused by : kltdi.sys ( kltdi+71af )

---------

Code:
Debug session time: Wed Jun 5 05:52:41.738 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:57.550
BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8800d85d660, 0, 0}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for kltdi.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for kltdi.sys
Probably caused by : kltdi.sys ( kltdi+71af )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1E_c0000005_R
PROCESS_NAME: iexplore.exe
Debug session time: Wed Jun 5 05:49:52.113 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:52:52.925
BugCheck D1, {18f04000, 6, 1, fffff8800569b0ec}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/292631-bsod-while-netflix-random-moments-every-day-error-0x0000001e.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Thanks 0x0000001e -error on Random BSOD at installed Moments,OS SSD in advance for any one that helps I have recently built a new gaming rig and I have BSOD at random moments The OS is installed on a SSD mushkin chromos BSOD at Random Moments,OS installed on SSD -error 0x0000001e gb asus P X pro gb muskin memory GeForce titan ASUS xonar essence STX for audio i ghz My computer will idle and get BSOD at Random Moments,OS installed on SSD -error 0x0000001e a BSOD I would then restart in normal mode and it would run perfectly for the next hours or for however long I'm using it for Other times it would crash during a game mostly BF I'd do the same thing and restart in normal and it would run again normally for the remainder of the time I use it The last error code I got was during game play I copied and pasted this from BSOD viewer - - dmp PM KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED x e ffffffff c fffffa f c ntoskrnl exe ntoskrnl exe c NT Kernel amp System Microsoft Windows Operating System Microsoft Corporation win sp gdr - x ntoskrnl exe c C Windows Minidump - - dmp If there is another way to pass the info on my dump file please advise

A:BSOD at Random Moments,OS installed on SSD -error 0x0000001e

Hi ApuyDario and welcome to SevenForums

Take a look at the link below to see how to upload the dmp files and other needed files

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/291663-bsod-random-moments-os-installed-ssd-error-0x0000001e.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello For the last couple months my PC has been having an issue where the screen randomly freezes and the last sounds that were playing loop and then stop This can happen while playing a game be it Hearthstone Batman Arkham City any game Can also happen when using any web based flash like YouTube Twitch etc But I have also had freezes about a minute after logging on without even doing any of the above CPU temperatures right before freeze appear normal and the fans stay at about the same speeds when screen no - BSOD Black System Reboot Hard Freeze, Random on freeze happens at least I don't hear them spinning up I am forced to do a hard reboot but it takes a few tries to get the PC to boot because the monitor simply acts like it doesn't detect any video signal upon reboot I can hear Windows do its boot up sounds Random System Freeze, no BSOD - Black screen on Hard Reboot but nothing on Random System Freeze, no BSOD - Black screen on Hard Reboot screen I have a feeling Random System Freeze, no BSOD - Black screen on Hard Reboot this might be multiple problems linked together I included a zip of my computer's SF Diangostic Tool report Thanks for taking a look at this problem all help is welcome and appreciated

A:Random System Freeze, no BSOD - Black screen on Hard Reboot

That definitely sounds like a graphics driver related issue, if not then a hardware failure in your GPU. I would recommend updating your graphics driver by booting into safe mode (F8 on startup).
Uninstall the current ones via the control panel.
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/327207-random-system-freeze-no-bsod-black-screen-hard-reboot.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello fellow experts My custom build computer spec in my sig is experiencing random freezes screen and cursor without going to a blue screen--necessitating manual restarts I have identified no patterns that effect this behavior browsing of internet playing graphics intensive game watching a video computer left on idle overnight etc Sometimes I get freezes over a couple of hours Other times I am able to be issue-free for up to days I've tried googling to help diagnose this issue and I've tried Fresh install of windows (no Hard files) Requiring minidump Reboot Random 7 Freezes Windows home premium bit windows updates Making sure all drivers and bios are up-to-date Replaced upgraded graphics card Replaced upgraded SSD Ran sfcnow chkdsk Windows 7 Random Freezes Requiring Hard Reboot (no minidump files) Windows Fix it graphics test memtest etc Enabled minidump files disabled automatic restarts but curiously no dump files are ever written Downloaded Speccy to monitor core temperatures Windows 7 Random Freezes Requiring Hard Reboot (no minidump files) Nothing to note all hovering around degrees As a relative computer illiterate I'm having trouble taking additional steps to further this investigation I've attached my latest event viewer log files for your kind review Can anyone help me diagnose this issue Many many thanks

A:Windows 7 Random Freezes Requiring Hard Reboot (no minidump files)

Quote:
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Wininit
Date: 13-09-2013 PM 02:07:46
Event ID: 11
Task Category: None
Level: Warning
Keywords:
User: SYSTEM
Computer: Edwin-PC
Description:
Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications.

Which antivirus do you use? Please uninstall it, at least as a test. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.
Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.

Scan the system for possible virus infection with the following programs, too.
Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller
Windows Defender Offline
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/304883-windows-7-random-freezes-requiring-hard-reboot-no-minidump-files.html
Relevancy 59.77%

The video on the Toshiba laptop died (blank screen) and I had to to a hard shut down and power up to get the video back. This has only happened once on 20 March 2010.
Sys Info:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II P320 Dual-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3835 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 465163 MB, Free - 375050 MB;
Motherboard: TOSHIBA, NALAE
Antivirus: Norton 360, Updated and Enabled

A:Video problem requires reboot

If it only happened once I would wait a while to see if happens again, hopefully it won't.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-problem-requires-reboot.1045976/
Relevancy 59.77%

Have an issue with a HP dv2200 laptop with Vista on it. It's started to disconnect the wireless, not all the time, but intermittently. When it disconnects it goes to limited connectivity, and I can't ping the router, although it still lists a valid ipv4 address for me. When I try to repair it it won't work, and when I disconnect it doesn't see any wireless networks until I restart. It also seems to start freezing intermittently if I try to go into any of the network settings. I was able to get into them eventually and it listed the wireless card as disabled, but it wouldn't let me reenable it. Restart fixes it, but it keeps happening. Everything on the computer's been updated(bios, wireless drivers, Windows updates), but it's still doing it. Any ideas?

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi there. I have to regularly reboot my PC to get my printer working. I've updated the driver after removing and reinstalling the printer, but the problem keeps returning.
Any ideas folks?

Relevancy 59.77%

hi i need help with this bad problem youtube vids are loading up when i press play they play then at random moments stop and show the loading symbol but does nothing refreshing the page will alow it to play again but it does the same thing stoping i deleted cookies redownloaded plug ins and updated drivers nothing is working and im out of ideas i cant enjoy videos anymore please help my system is windows xp i run a nvidia geforce 8800 gts card