Windows Support Forum

WiFi doesn't work, Ethernet does

Q: WiFi doesn't work, Ethernet does

What the title says. I bought a TP-Link WDR4300 and installed it, and everything works perfectly on every device except for my laptop (Windows 8.1 Lenovo G480, running Windows Defender as AV). When connecting wirelessly, I get access to the router, but it shows "limited", and it doesn't even let me get into the setup page (192.168.0.1) and when I ping it, every packet is lost. Ethernet, meanwhile, works perfectly. I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to fix it.

I'd like to attach the ipconfig outputs but my command prompt is in spanish and some of the characters are missing in the .txt file, too. I don't know how to get the file in english.

@jobeard I saw one thread you solved in which you said to mention you so you could help. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks beforehand for any and all suggestions.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: WiFi doesn't work, Ethernet does

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: WiFi doesn't work, Ethernet does

Hi, You will always have to use the ethernet (Cat 5) cable to get into your router's software, at 192.168.0.1, all routers are set up like that for security reasons.
It's done that way so that no one can change your settings, passwords etc using a wireless connection, you must use the Cat 5 cable to make setup & security changes.
Did you get any setup software with the TP Link router?
If you get good internet access using Windows 8.1 using the ethernet cable, it
might point to possible wireless driver issues.
It might be worth downloading the latest driver for your WDR4300 from the TP-link website;
http://www.tp-link.es/support/download/?model=TL-WDR4300&version=V1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-doesnt-work-ethernet-does.205530/
Relevancy 89.87%

Hey guys, my laptop asus stopped working with wifi connection and I was just reading some posts here about this same problem but didn't find how to fix it.

I was uninstalling some programs from my pc but I didn't uninstall programs named "something wireless". I just took off what I knew I could.

I also tried the option "solve problems" in the wireless pc symbol and the answer was to connect my laptop to an ethernet cable...that never happened. Just now.

Does anyone knows how I get back my wireless connection? Pleasee

A:WiFi doesn't work only with cable ethernet

Powercycle the modem and router. Here is a specific order if you have a separate modem and router.
1. Shut down all PC's.
2. Shut down the Modem and router.
3. Power on the modem only. Wait 2 minutes or so.
4. Power on the router. Wait 2 minutes or so.
If you have a modem/router combo, then you don't need step 4.
5. Boot up the PC and see if you can connect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-doesnt-work-only-with-cable-ethernet.207136/
Relevancy 89.87%

Hello I have a new PC notebook that my friend gave me It's name is quot Gigabook quot which is not very famous I suspect it is a small company that combines hardware into a notebook Anyways I have installed Windows on it but found out that the internet doesn't work for some reason Ethernet Can't Work Doesn't WiFi Turn And On I can't turn on the WiFi to find out my network and when I connect an Ethernet cable to the notebook nothing happens I thought it's the driver could download it and transfer it to the Can't Turn On WiFi And Ethernet Doesn't Work notebook via USB drive the problem is I can't find the software anywhere My network card is WAN Miniport I can check any other hardware here it's just that you won't find anything about Gigabook P S Can't Turn On WiFi And Ethernet Doesn't Work a this is my first post on your forums please forgive me if I posted in the wrong place or made other noob mistake b I come from the Mac and Linux world so I don't have a lot experience on this OS I'll appreciate any help Thank you very much in advance

A:Can't Turn On WiFi And Ethernet Doesn't Work

What was the original OS? Did you run the Win 7 Upgrade Advisor before you installed Win 7? It's possible the wifi/Ethernet cards do not have available Win 7 drivers. What is the model number of your machine?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/251181-cant-turn-wifi-ethernet-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi guys I ve been researching and trying to days to get this to work with no avail so I decided to post here for some help as doesn't Ethernet connected Wifi work cable. using working when only Internet I see this community is really active We ve got different laptops here and none of them can connect to the wifi anymore it suddenly stopped working for the last whole week We can connect to the internet through ethernet cables though We only use one at a time if ethernet then wireless is disabled and vice versa Here is a copy of the ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name PeterMai-HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List moolahd local Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix moolahd local Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address AC- - D- B-ED-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ac a d b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday October PM Lease Expires Tuesday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers Primary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Ada pter Physical Address -ED-B - D- -FD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f e e b fc f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap optusnet com au Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap moolahd local Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface CE FC E - F - C C- D - D EBEC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DDFAF D- B- -AA A-DBE BA F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface E ED - - A -BB -FB FA F F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And here is a copy of the route print Interface List ac d b ed f Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller ed b d fd Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Adapter Software Loopback Interface e Microsoft to Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric O... Read more

A:Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work

You have an IP on your LAN, but none on your wifi. Check your router to make sure DHCP for wifi is turned on and you have enough available addresses.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-only-working-when-connected-using-ethernet-cable-wifi-doesnt-work.197081/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi After moving to a new home I'm having trouble getting a wired connection working Same modem and router as the previous home same PC Different ISP but both are Shaw cable re-packagers router CISCO Linksys E Factory Reset with latest firmware modem THOMPSON DCM wifi disabled) Wifi Ethernet Works, doesn't (even with motherboard SAPPHIRE Pure Black P Hydra USB adapter USB wifi Dlink DWA- Operating system Windows Ethernet Adapter Marvell Yukon E Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller latest driver version I have only a PC and an android connected occasionally and android tablet as well Wifi Works, Ethernet doesn't (even with wifi disabled) The PC can connect via wifi if ethernet is disabled and then modem router PC restarted but I can't seem to figure out a way to get the ethernet connection to work I've tried DHCP and Static IP configurations and I've tried connecting the ethernet directly to the modem instead of the router but to no avail I believe I've managed at times to access the router from the PC only with static IP but never the internet as well I've tried cat cables as well Here are some pictures with more details of my config I've been banging my head against this for hours can anyone see what I'm missing

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/399637-wifi-works-ethernet-doesnt-even-wifi-disabled.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I ve been having a problem of late where ethernet doesn't Wifi works, my ethernet connection has been unable to gain internet access and reportedly shows the network as being unidentified It will be unable to connect for a long period during the day and then regains access However if I connect my USB Wifi adapter it picks up the network immediately and internet connection isn t a problem This is the ipconfig all whilst both USB Wifi and ethernet cable are connected C Users Owner gt ipconfig ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name Marty-PC Wifi works, ethernet doesn't Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - C- D-E - C-D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Wifi works, ethernet doesn't Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - C- D-E - C-D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ae a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday October PM Lease Expires Thursday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A -AE- - C-F Wifi works, ethernet doesn't - -EC-EB- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address C-F - -EC-EB- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe fcce baf d e Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A -AE- - C-F - -EC-EB- DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap D E BED- - B -AF - E B B F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B - - CC- AE - C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C B ECB -CBBE- DA-AA E- B C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Owner gt nbsp

Relevancy 71.38%

I just moved and have been trying to get my PC connected to the internet at my new place. I have a Dlink AC750 dual band wireless router, and my computer has no problem connecting to it wirelessly. However I cannot figure out how to connect directly by ethernet. I have a cable running from the router to the back of the PC, but the icon in my tray just says 'No connections are available'. I have also tried connecting directly to the PC bypassing the router. Everyone I have spoken to, including tech support, has told me that you "plug it in and it just works". Am I missing some step in getting my PC to recognize the ethernet cable?

A:WiFi works, ethernet doesn't

Hello mate have you tried updating the LAN driver for that machine and even simpler a new cable??

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/395168-wifi-works-ethernet-doesnt.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Running Win 8.1 on Lenovo Y410p. Verizon FIOS router, Actiontec MI424WR (Actiontec[1] ).
Everything was running fine until last night. No internet when I connected to the router with an ethernet cable, but the wifi still works. I ran windows troubleshooting diagnostic and it said ETHERNET DOESN'T HAVE A VALID IP. Restarted my laptop and the router, changed ports, got a new ethernet cable, tried hooking up another laptop, still nothing. It shows up as Unidentified Network with No Internet Access. Xbox is also connected to router via ethernet, that isn't working either. The wifi is working but it's shoddy, every few minutes it'll lag, Chrome will go into NOT RESPONDING mode for a second or 2 and then go back to working. Wifi is also prone to dropping out and coming back at times.
Please advise.

A:Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP, wifi still works?

Power cycle your ISP Modem, router and computer(s).

Power all off
Remove power from modem and router for 30 seconds or so.
Connect power to modem, wait for it to finish booting and stabilize
Connect power to router, wait for it to finish booting and stabilize
Power up computer with Ethernet cable already connected

If still not working: collect IP configuration information as follows:

Open a Elevated Command Prompt:

Press WIN + X to open Start context menu.
Select Command Prompt (Admin)​.

Paste the following into the Command Prompt window, exactly as shown, including double quotes:

cmd /c "ipconfig /all > postme.txt & ping yahoo.com >> postme.txt & reg query "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" | find /i "proxy" >> postme.txt & notepad postme.txt & del postme.txt"

and press ENTER.

A file will open in Notepad. Please copy and paste the contents here. Close the Notepad window and the file will be deleted and the Command Prompt window will also close. Paste the information in a reply here.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/67626-ethernet-doesnt-have-valid-ip-wifi-still-works.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Any idea chaps why my laptop connects to the internet over wifi but not if I connect the ehternet cable directly into the back?
I have checked that the driver is installed (I think) and also that the box is ticked to allocate IP address automatically...

Relevancy 69.23%

I have no idea what happened, when I try to connect the modem directly to the PC, it give me "No Connectivity". But when I connect the modem through the router, it work!

ipconfig/all

Modem connect directly pic
Modem through router pic

Relevancy 69.23%

Hello, i use a toshiba satellite laptop here are my specs.
https://gyazo.com/984c41491a3603c408f40cc4446008df
My problem is that my laptop only works when there is an ethernet cord plugged into it. my network icon looks like this
https://gyazo.com/d77496c5b25dd4e1f050b293bca1c26e
all that show up for drivers are this
https://gyazo.com/e060484754c8af99107a359022127b34
i dont know why wifi does not work on this laptop... its basically a pc then -_-

also heres what i find under network in device manager |

https://gyazo.com/d778175446f08b6d756676401a92a794

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME FIX MY LAPTOP, NO WIFI IS KILLING ME, BTW ALL MY OTHER DEVICES WORK PERFECTLY FINE ON THE WIFI, MY MODEM IS A HOME HUB 2000 AND MY PROVIDER IS BELL

A:Wifi won't work ONLY ETHERNET!!??!?!?

If you need anymore info please tell me and ill post screen shots of it asap

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-wont-work-only-ethernet.1155997/
Relevancy 69.23%

Acer aspire's Bluetooth doesn't work since I bought it I've installed drivers too but it doesn't work what should I do.
In its specs it has Bluetooth . But there is no Bluetooth device found in device manager how to repair this.
Please HELP!!

A:acer aspire 4738' s bluetooth doesn't work but wifi work?

Hi ... Welcome to Seven Forums ... What is the Model Number of your Laptop ? ...

Did you buy the Laptop from new ? ...
Did you mean Windows 7 x86 ?...
If your System Specs are correct you have 4 GB of ram ? ...
If that is the case your Windows should be 64 Bit ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/377316-acer-aspire-4738-s-bluetooth-doesnt-work-but-wifi-work.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Most days i power on my pc and both ethernet and wifi have that not responding yellow triangle beside them If see this then usually it wont work for time? Ethernet WiFi most and don't the of work the rest of the day and may or may not work the next day There have been times when neither ethernet or wifi would work for a full week and im stuck using my phone hotspot When i use troubleshoot its says quot One or more Ethernet and WiFi don't work most of the time? network protocols are missing on this computer quot this is on windows When i was previously on windows the error would be quot Your computer appears to be correctly configured Ethernet and WiFi don't work most of the time? but the device or resource microsoft com is not responding quot The WiFi works on everything else in my house so I guess it's a problem with my PC It has been like this for quite a while now and i have no idea how to fix it so any help would be appreciated Thank you

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/74970-ethernet-wifi-dont-work-most-time.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi! I have a problem. I have wifi connection on my laptop but it doesn`t work now. I need to plug ethernet cable in my laptop in order to have an internet. And wifi lost all known networks. Can you help me?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/wifi-doesnt-work-ethernet-does-4597111/
Relevancy 68.37%

Whenever I unplug from the router and go upstairs, I can't connect to my wi-fi. The problem also persists downstairs unless I am connected by ethernet. It's been happening for about 2 days. At first the wi-fi would jump in and out randomly and quickly but now it simply wont connect. Is it a virus or how can I fix it?

A:Wifi doesn't connect unless directly connected to router by ethernet cable

You might just need to restart your router / WiFI AP to resolve that issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-doesnt-connect-unless-directly-connected-to-router-by-ethernet-cable.202219/
Relevancy 67.51%

Every single time I restart my computer since I upgraded to Windows 10 the Ethernet stops working. I go through the trouble shooting and the same issue always come up- ?Ethernet Doesn?t Have A Valid IP Configuration?

In order for me to make my ethernet to work I must shut down my PC and fully power cyle my router then turn my PC back on. However, if I need to restart my PC for some reason the ethernet stops working once again and I must go through the same process.

Does anyone know a fix for this? It is extremely annoying and only has hallened since I installed Windows 10.

A:Windows 10 Ethernet Doesn't Work

You may find some useful information in this tutorial from Tom's Hardware. The article is for W8.1 but similar steps can be followed in W10.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id...n-windows.html

Viz

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/windows-10-ethernet-doesnt-work-1026794.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I've been having some problems with my ethernet for the past few days. The computers hooked up to wireless routers are fine, so it's not a problem within the computer. However, when I hook up an ethernet cable to the modem, there's a "limited to no connectivity" message on my computer, and when i click to repair it mentions something about the IP adress. My Xbox 360, which is also dependent with the ethernet cable, says basically the same thing when i run tests on that. If anyone can help, it would be appreciated.

Relevancy 67.51%

Hi,

My wifi recently stopped working on my laptop and I'm not sure why. The internet only works if it's connected to an Ethernet cable. What can I do to fix this?

I recently restored my laptop to it's original factory system and that's when the wifi stopped working completely. Also, it's not a home problem because the wifi doesn't work anywhere.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2467M CPU @ 1.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 4041 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, 1796 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 99138 MB, Free - 63884 MB; D: Total - 18566 MB, Free - 1924 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 17F8
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

A:Internet doesn't work without ethernet

Go to Control Panel - Device Manager.

Expand the Network Adapters heading.

What are the exact names listed in that heading?

--------------------------------------------------------

Are there any entries in the Device Manager that have a yellow ? or yellow ! or red X next to them.

If there is, advise what their exact names are.

What's the model name and complete model number of that HP laptop?

If you don't know for sure, advise what the product number(P/N) and/or model number(M/N) on the sticker is.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-doesnt-work-without-ethernet.1099687/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi. I removed the Ethernet cord on my computer while it was still on( I have Vista) and i plugged it back in a while ago, and it didn't sense any Internet connection. The wireless on the laptops and the Ethernet on my other desktop is working fine, but just one computer isn't connected to the Internet. My friend who fixes computers had me open up command prompt and"ping" stuff, and it said that the connection was fine, but my browser and Songbird can't open any web pages. Ever since the Internet has been off on the computer, it's been freezing up like crazy.
Do you think i have a virus? Or is it the Ethernet port that's damaged? Help!

A:Took off ethernet, re-inserted, and now it doesn't work.

Please don't post duplicate threads. If your thread is in an inappropriate forum, please report it and a moderator will move it.

Continue the problem resolution here: http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/888555-removed-ethernet-cord-now-internet.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/took-off-ethernet-re-inserted-and-now-it-doesnt-work.888560/
Relevancy 67.51%

I have Netcomm NB5 and tried connecting via USB, but Windows did not detect it. I have Windows XP MCE 05 and I tried closing down computer and reconnecting and restarting, connecting to a different USB port, but to no avail.

I tried using ethernet, but it says it has "Limited or No Connectivity" and I tried going into the configuration window, but it cannot detect and the installation CD setup cannot detect the modem.

All cords are connected, including phones and power socket.

Please help.
Thanks.

A:Netcomm NB5 USB/Ethernet Doesn't work

I have the same device, this happened to me as well when I first connected it up, I rang my isp, they soon set me right. give yours a try.

NB5 USB drivers
If you have recently purchased and installed an NB5 ADSL2+ modem/router and could not locate the USB drivers on the CD, please download and use the following drivers.

If the serial number for your unit begins as 0405xxxxxx, please download the appropriate USB drivers (version 5.2.3667.0) at the following link on the netcomm downloads page:- http://www.netcomm.com.au/Support/downloads.php?Category=ADSL&Products=NB5

Note:- The following USB drivers should only be used if the serial numbers for your NB5 ADSL 2+ modem/router is shown as 12h062xxxxxxx (you can locate the serial number at the base of the unit).

2.12.14. Need to 'Port Forward' on your NetComm Modem?
Problem/Symptom: Need to forward ports in your NetComm Modem but not sure how to? If you know the ports you need to forward within your modem simply choose your modem from our video tutorials located at: http://www.netcomm.com.au/Support/video_installation_tutorials.php

Additional Information: Alternatively if you do not know the ports that you wish to forward, we have found an extremely good website located at http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm which will show you (with screen-shots) how to forward 3rd party apps and servers within NetComm's modem's. Simply choose your model, app or server and then your local IP and it will guide you through the process of configuring the modem. Our thanks go to the guys and girls at Portforward.com for this site.

Copyright (c) 2006 NetComm Limited

2.12.15. No line Sync issue (Phone line and adapter)
If the NB5 does not achieve a line sync. (ADSL Link isn't lit or continues flashing) make sure you have not installed the line filter on the ADSL line.

If it continues, it is possibly due to a faulty phone line and adapter that we discovered.

Please call our support line on (Syd) 02 9424 2000 (other) 1300 365 793

2.12.16. Port forwarding only supports 20 rules
This applies to all NB5 series.

When creating a port forward rule, you are only allowed 20 entries. Each rule made, can support a range of ports.

It's unlikely a firmware will be released as this is the design of the product rather than a fault.

2.12.17. PPPoA status icon remains red when connected
When connecting with PPPoA, the status icon does not change to 'green' when connection is established. A firmware will be released to over come this minor bug.

In the mean time, the PPP LED on the front of the NB5 will light when connected.

2.12.18. QoS feature controls only the upstream traffic
The QoS feature in this product is only in control of the upstream traffic.

Continuous use of maximum downstream traffic may reduce call quality.

2.12.19. QoS settings for VoIP
For procedures on how to setup QoS on the NB5 series , please download and follow the attachment below.
2.12.20. Setting up Remote Admin
For procedures on how to setup Remote Admin on the NB5 series , please download and follow the attachment below.
2.12.21. Telnet Username and Password
The Telnet username and password for the NB5 series is:

Username: root

Password: admin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netcomm-nb5-usb-ethernet-doesnt-work.493468/
Relevancy 67.51%

Today my ethernet stopped working. My laptop recognizes when I connect the cable, but internet does not work. Wifi works perfectly though.

A:Ethernet Recognized, But Doesn't Work

do a tcp/ip reset -see below
can we see an ipconfig /all please - see below

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

This should also work for windows 8
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista/Windows 7

Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold and red for the following commands.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log and press enter

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log and press enter

ReStart (reboot) the machine.

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested above
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

Please note and post back - if you receive the following message :-
Access is Denied

please post back the results in a reply here - its important we know that these commands have worked correctly and not produced any errors
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Details also here
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2/SP3

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold and red for the following commands.

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults, type: netsh int ip reset reset.log and press enter

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults, type: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter

ReStart (reboot) the machine.

Please note and post back - if you receive the following message :-
Access is Denied

please post back the results in a reply here - its important we... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-recognized-but-doesnt-work.1077739/
Relevancy 67.51%

I recently had some problems with my on board ethernet where it was locking up my entire system This was eventually pinned down and I put an SMC PCI Ethernet Card into my machine which fixed the problem However I ve had a different problem ever since Whenever I boot or reboot my computer the Ethernet connection doesn t work for a good one to two minutes after start up No amount of attempting to disable re-enable the connection or using that Windows Repair My connection thing will fix this and I just have to wait Windows says it is connected but it doesn t work and then after a mintue or so it says Doesn't After Ethernet Work Startup the connection is disconncted then it reconnects within a second or two and then will it work After this the connection is perfectly stable until the next time I start Windows Also I don t have this problem on my brother s computer which Ethernet Doesn't Work After Startup connects to the same -port router Are there any Windows software settings I can try changing before I try swapping it out for another Ethernet card Most of this probably isn t relevant but I ll list it all anyway AMD Athlon XP GB DDR Radeon Pro AGP MB Windows XP Home Mentor -Port ADSL Router nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-doesnt-work-after-startup.380872/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have never been able to get Internet access using the Ethernet port. I have to use USB. It's a new computer; it has an Ethernet jack. But it doesn't work.

What are possible solutions to this?

It's Windows XP Professional...

A:(RESOLVED) Ethernet connection doesn't work

Do you have the driver on your computer?

(right click my computer > properties > hardware > device manager)

go to the network adapters section, do you see any yellow question or exclamation marks?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/resolved-ethernet-connection-doesnt-work-148803.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi All I have Windows Vista home premium I moved from Chicago to Boston Before I left Chicago I tried removing kaspersky internet security as my laptop used to heat up and shut down often you can hear the voice from laptop when more process are running and it shut s down While uninstalling kaspersky the laptop shutdown half way I moved to Boston I tried connecting to wireless it does not work It shows connected excellent signal strength but bytes received Wireless works fine for other room mates on their laptops If works, not cable does wifi Solved: work ethernet I try connecting from cable internet works fine Pasting the ipconfig all results Windows IP Configuration Host Name compaq-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd ma comcast net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ma comcast net Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - F-E -BB- A- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d bd ea f ae Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday Solved: ethernet cable works, wifi does not work October AM Lease Expires Saturday November AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -DE-FB- - - E-EC- E-DA- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ma comcast net Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - E-EC- E-DA- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Solved: ethernet cable works, wifi does not work Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E CF- F- D - FDE-F EC B DEA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ma comcast net Description isatap hsd ma comcast net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Pls help I also attached the pic of wifi inspector Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: ethernet cable works, wifi does not work

The following was put together mostly by etaf with a little help from me.

Atheros Wireless Adapter - AR5007EG & AR5007
Over the last four or so years we have been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapters, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and mainly on windows Vista.
We have seen just a couple of issues on other windows operating system, windows XP and windows 7.

Windows XP:- A driver update has resolved the issue
Windows 7 :- No conclusive results for a fix

The wireless adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Log into the Router and disable the wireless security and see if you are now able to connect to the internet and surf OK.
Please post back a reply here, and let us know if that works or does not work.

Here are a number of possible solutions

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver."

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section,

--- 3) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue

--- 4) The majority of members, have now used the drivers from the atheros driver site, which has resolved the issue.
- see below for direct links for windows vista and the link for all Atheros adapters and supported operating systems
AR5007
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
AR5007EG
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
Drivers for the other windows operating system
http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-drivers.php
You need to look down the page for your particular adapter model and then look across the columns to find your windows version.
Now click on the blue tick mark in the column under your windows version.
This will open another page for that particular adapter and that windows version.

Now click on the download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

Assuming that after all the above the wireless still does not connect to the internet, all I can suggest is to use wireless security of WEP or to get an external USB wireless card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ethernet-cable-works-wifi-does-not-work.1111550/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hey guys,

I have a Sony Vaio VPCEH15EN laptop & the OS is Windows 7 home basic. I have a wifi router which is of TPLINK.

The wifi won't connect to my laptop but it works fine on my mobile..it would only start working when I use the ethernet cable. I never had this problem before. I have tried everything ..I also tried the winsockfix.bat but all my efforts have gone in vain..I just don't know if the wifi router is faulty or the modem of my ISP...Please help me solve this problem.

Best Regards,
Om

A:Wifi on my laptop won't work but works when I use the ethernet cable

I have solved the problem by myself. To do this, first you have to disconnect your Ethernet cable from your laptop and follow the steps: Start>Control Panel>Network and Sharing Center>Manage Wireless Networks and remove all wireless connections by right click on it and select Remove network from the drop down menu. After doing this, close the windows and scan for the Wi-Fi networks. Click on the available network and select connect. After a while, you will be asked to give a password for your Wi-Fi connection. Type the password and click on connect button. And now will be connected to your Wi-Fi network via wireless.

May be it will help you.
Regards
MD. MAHMUDUL HASAN

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-on-my-laptop-wont-work-but-works-when-i-use-the-ethernet-cable.200754/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi! I don't know much about this place but there's a problem with my laptop and I don't know how to solve it. My laptop won't connect to the wifi anymore but it works perfectly fine with the ethernet cable. I appreciate it very much if you tech geniuses could help me out. THANK YOU!

A:My WiFi on my laptop won't work but works with Ethernet cable

Are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-wifi-on-my-laptop-wont-work-but-works-with-ethernet-cable.206652/
Relevancy 66.22%

I am currently using an Ethernet cable plugged directly into my motherboard for internet access. The other end is plugged into an electrical outlet adapter that I believe uses the electrical wires in my house to transmit the signal from my router. When I first boot up the PC, everything works fine. However, after the PC goes into sleep mode and I wake it up, the Internet connection no longer works. Usually it has the yellow ! icon and says limited connection. Why is it doing this, and how can I fix it?

A:Ethernet connection doesn't work after waking from sleep

Make sure the adapter is not set to go to sleep state in the device properties, in Device Manager. Also it could be an issue with the Ethernet over Power adapters losing the connection during the computer sleep state.

What is the mfg & model of the EOP adapters and router/gateway.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/63303-ethernet-connection-doesnt-work-after-waking-sleep.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I have an Inspiron N7010 laptop. Running Windows 7, 32bit, professional. It came with the home version, but we upgraded to the professional version so we could connect to our company's domain. I was running wireless. Now I have been moved out of wireless range, but I have an ethernet line dropped. The Inspiron does not recognize the ethernet line. It "looks" like it does not have a driver for it, but I am having difficulty finding one.

Thanking all "ya'll" in advance.

Talexander

A:ethernet port on Inspiron N7010 doesn't work

Quote: Originally Posted by talexander

I have an Inspiron N7010 laptop. Running Windows 7, 32bit, professional. It came with the home version, but we upgraded to the professional version so we could connect to our company's domain. I was running wireless. Now I have been moved out of wireless range, but I have an ethernet line dropped. The Inspiron does not recognize the ethernet line. It "looks" like it does not have a driver for it, but I am having difficulty finding one.

Thanking all "ya'll" in advance.

Talexander

Besides support.dell.com you can try here. Dell Inspiron N7010 Drivers - download tag - Softpedia

Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/129740-ethernet-port-inspiron-n7010-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi there, thanks in advance.

I've had this computer a few months and so far it works great. Then today I turn it on and try to go on the internet and it says I have no connection. Tried plugging and unplugging the cable, wiggled it around, tried to connect it with a different cable and I still have no internet. The cable is in, it tells me there is a local area connection and all, but when I go to properties there is not IP, etc etc.

I have it on a network, if that helps, and none of the others have this problems. The computer prints to a shared printer attached to another computer on my network, so I tried to print something to see if that was still working, but it says it can't due to an unknown error.

Is there a fix for this?

A:Computer seems fine, but the ethernet input doesn't work?

You might try cycling the modem and router.
Unplug the power from the back of the router and modem for 10 seconds.
Plug the router back in and let it boot up,then do the same with the modem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-seems-fine-but-the-ethernet-input-doesnt-work.747504/
Relevancy 66.22%

Well when i plus in the Ethernet but says internet connection work doesn't ethernet help connected please! cable it says its connected but if i open up Mozilla i get this error in browser if i try to connect to Google jar file C Program Files Mozilla Firefox chrome en-US jar locale browser-region region propertieswww google com Also I ve done the winsock fixes in cmd and this is not the cause of spyware malware I ran malwarebytes sybot search and destroy and also adware and it came up clean Furthermore if i ping myself or google for instance it times out Here s the IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name vaio-laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List uci edu uci edu Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix uci edu Description Realtek RTL ethernet connection says connected but internet doesn't work help please! x Family Fast ethernet connection says connected but internet doesn't work help please! Eth ernet NIC Physical Address - - -EE- E-CA Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server ethernet connection says connected but internet doesn't work help please! DNS Servers Lease Obtained Tuesday November AM Lease Expires Tuesday November PM Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix uci edu Description LAN-Express AS IEEE g miniPCI Adapter Physical Address - E- B- - C- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Tuesday November AM Lease Expires Wednesday November AM Thanks for your help I appreciate it nbsp

A:ethernet connection says connected but internet doesn't work help please!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-connection-says-connected-but-internet-doesnt-work-help-please.874146/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello all I had again problems with my wi-fi connection both at work and at home Although I usually I could connect after one or two reboots this time after five restarts the adapter does not connect This bored me Currently I am connected with a Linux distribution then I'll post wifi work doesn't My the information on the network adapter that this distribution gives me Code lspci -vvnn grep -A Network Network controller Broadcom Corporation BCM bgn Wireless Network Adapter e rev Subsystem Broadcom Corporation Device e Control I O- Mem BusMaster SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB B- DisINTx- Status Cap MHz- UDF- FastB B- ParErr- DEVSEL fast gt TAbort- lt TAbort- lt MAbort- gt SERR- lt PERR- INTx- Latency Cache My wifi doesn't work Line Size bytes Interrupt pin A routed to IRQ Region Memory at -bit non-prefetchable size K Capabilities lt access denied gt Kernel driver in use bcma-pci-bridge iwconfig wlan IEEE bgn ESSID quot MyWiFi quot Mode Managed Frequency GHz Access Point A A DE Bit Rate Mb s Tx-Power dBm Retry long limit RTS thr off Fragment thr off Power Management off Link Quality Signal level - dBm Rx invalid nwid Rx invalid crypt Rx invalid frag Tx excessive retries Invalid misc Missed beacon lshw -c network -network description Network controller product BCM bgn Wireless Network Adapter vendor Broadcom Corporation physical id bus info pci version width bits clock MHz capabilities bus master cap list configuration driver bcma-pci-bridge latency resources irq memory - fff -network description Wireless interface physical id logical name wlan serial f f a b capabilities ethernet physical wireless configuration broadcast yes driver brcmsmac driverversion - -generic firmware ip link yes multicast yes wireless IEEE bgn I hope that this information may be useful Thanks in advance My wifi doesn't work for your help

A:My wifi doesn't work

It is a Linux issue, you need to go to a forum that deals with the Distro you are using. Broadcom chips have a big issue with the Linux Kernel no cooperating with them, so you have to use "Man in the Middle" software to get them to work. You are better off using either a Realtek or Intel chip Networking adapter.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/68230-my-wifi-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I got a new Asus RT-N10E router. Using it over Windows 7.

Router was working fine until someone switched it off once. Now though I can see other wifi signals, my router doesn't show up. I have tried removing the connection and searching for it again. It doesn't work. I tried completely switching off the router and restarting my computer. That too doesn't work.

Strangest of all, I can see the connection over my smartphone, my kindle Fire but not on my laptop.

Please help me out guys.

Relevancy 65.36%

Ok, so I've re-installed Windows XP (SP2) and after it booted up, I noticed that my onboard ethernet adapter wasn't recognised. So I went and downloaded the appropriate drivers (SiS900.zip) from the mobo's official site (it's a PCChips M848A mobo) but when I try to install the drivers, it still says that the hardware isn't functional (Code 1).

I've tried many different versions of SiS900 drivers but it simply won't work.

When I tried the setup.exe file that came with the official driver, the install would say "Update Driver for PnP Device Fail. Setup will exit".

That's when I simply forwarded the windows hardware installer to an XP folder i found in the zip file. But still, it doesn't work.

I really need help on this matter. Thanks in advance...

EDIT: Maybe it's worth mentioning that I re-installed WinXP over an existing windows partition without formatting it. I simply deleted the former windows installation files.

A:[SOLVED] On-board Ethernet Adapter Driver Doesn't Work

Have you tried directing the driver to install from SiS900\WinXP\netoem.inf ?

Go into your device manager, right click the device under network adapters and click update driver. From there direct it to the aforementioned file.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-on-board-ethernet-adapter-driver-doesnt-work-204726.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi all - I have Win7 Ultimate 64bit and my ethernet pci card DLink DFE-530TX+ (rev F) doesn't recognize the broadband connection on bootup. I have to disable it in the device manager and then re-enable it. Then the broadband connection works.

I have the latest driver, from the DLink site, which is specifically for Win7: 1.12.0.1 (10/12/2009)

I put in the ethernet card as a workaround, because the onboard ethernet device had exactly the same problem. It is a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller. I got the latest driver from Realtek (7.26.902.2010 - dateed 9/2/2010) but like the DLink, when I first boot up, it does not recogize the broadband internet connection.

I had hoped the PCI card would not experience the same problem -but it does.

Thoughts?

A:ethernet card doesn't work on startup - Ultimate 64bit

I would honestly try a repair install as something critical in the System's driver framework has broke

Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/118375-ethernet-card-doesnt-work-startup-ultimate-64bit.html
Relevancy 65.36%

My PC with windows 7 is the only computer with issues in the house. Ethernet works perfectly but wifi doesn't even when I don't have the ethernet hooked up. The wifi says it is connected but browsers, steam, and Itunes don't work. I have Bitdefender A/V and already tried uninstalling it, no change. I also uninstalled steam and Itunes with still no change. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for the wireless adapter. I tried looking and I don't recall downloading or installing anything around the time the problem started. Before I try replacing the adapter itself, I was hoping for help here since I saw a very similar problem in another thread.

A:Internet connects but doesnt work on wifi, ethernet works fine

Bump
If there is any more info I can give to help you help me, please let me know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connects-but-doesnt-work-on-wifi-ethernet-works-fine.199827/
Relevancy 64.93%

My laptop doesn't work with wifi when I first open it. It will show at the bottom of the screen that it is fully connected and has full bars, but when I open the internet the pages will not open. I must restart the computer and then it will work. How can I fix this?

A:Laptop doesn't work with wifi

When the WiFi is active, the laptop NIC should be disabled - - easy - - just unplug the the cable to the router.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-doesnt-work-with-wifi.201724/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello!I can't connect to any wifi networks. I can see all of them, but after I type the password and hit connect, it tells me "Checking network requirements" and "Can't connect to this network".My adapter is Ralink RT5390.I tryed: 1. updating the driver(via HP Support Assistant / via a direct download that I found on this forum); 2.  the "troubleshoot problems" method; 3. some unconventional methods that some users posted on the internet; 4. some conventional methods that i found posted on microsoft forums; 5. reinstalling the windows;In windows 7, the wifi works without any problem, but I don't want to go back to w7. Any help would be appreciated! 

A:WiFi doesn't work on windows 8, 8.1, 10

Hi: See if the driver directly from Mediatek works for you. The card should at least work with W8 if it is working for W7... PCI/ mPCI / CB(RT2860/ RT2760/RT2790/ RT309X/ RT35X2/ RT539X/ RT3290/ MT7630)11/3/2015Win7 32/64 Win8 32/64 Win8.1 32/64Win7:5.0.59.0 Win8:5.0.59.0 Win8.1:5.0.57.0 Win10:5.0.57.0

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WiFi-doesn-t-work-on-windows-8-8-1-10/td-p/5382808
Relevancy 64.93%

Hey Guys I have Solved: Work Doesn't WiFi an ASUS G VX Laptop Lately the wireless Solved: WiFi Doesn't Work internet will work sometimes Mostly not The diagnostics says quot turn on wireless quot but it won t turn on I ve tried the switch and the FN Keys Right now I m using the Solved: WiFi Doesn't Work laptop and it works fine I m running windows and have an Intel WiFi Link Mdl AN MMW I have an ASUS N Router Is this Intel my network adapter Do you think it could be going bad Thanks Brian Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Brian gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Brian-Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - E- -C -D - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - E- -C -D - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a ef f ec Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday August AM Lease Expires Sunday August AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -BB- D- -E -BA- E-A - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address -E -BA- E-A - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c b bd de Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe c b bd de Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap AEF -DD - A - D-F E A E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Brian gt nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

I'm located in Mexico at the moment Here the internet is pretty unreliable at times I use izzi Work Connection Wifi Doesn't also known as cablemas Many times the internet would go out modem go out etc happens randomly Its not only me but others as well that i know who live here in Mexico My issue now is my modem which also acts as the router you cannot connect via wifi I have an ethernet cable so thus im connected hardwired I almost always connect hard wired The thing though is if i didn't have an ethernet cable i cannot go online I try to connect to it from my laptop but it doesn't connect I try to connect from my iphone it keep asking me for the password before i click join I typed the password and it keeps getting me back to the Wifi Connection Doesn't Work same screen of what is my password My password on my laptop is already saved and thats why it doesnt ask me on laptop But can someone tell me why my wifi doesn't work Basically if i had no ethernet cable i cannot connect via wifi I have powered off and powered on the modem same issue Is it with my settings If so where in settings do i go and check it The thing is i havent ever changed my settings since i dont know how to do this Back in the us i recall i would go xxx xxx and then go to settings etc

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/393532-wifi-connection-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello I've a work - Tecra WiFi doesn't S11 problem with the WiFi adapter of our new Toshiba Tecra S - G PTSE E notebooks I preinstalled one notebook with Win Pro x all preconditioned notebook drivers and toshiba intel tools Then I Tecra S11 - WiFi doesn't work syspreped the notebook took an image of it and rolled out Tecra S11 - WiFi doesn't work the image over the other Tecra S notebooks Now I have the same problem on all notebooks The WiFi adapter Intel R Centrino R Advanced-N AGN has the latest driver installed but it can't access wireless networks it can't even find some The switch for wireless devices is turned on FN F also says that WiFi is enabled When I try to create an ad hoc wireless network it says quot An unexpected error occured quot After rightclick on the 'Wireless Network Connection' gt 'Diagnose' Windows finds a Problem It says quot There might be a problem with the driver for the Wireless Network Connection adapter quot but Windows can't fix the problem wow surprise - I reinstalled the driver many times without any improvements Updating the driver with windows update didn't help too I've installed the following notebook tools - AuthenTec Fingerprint Software - Intel Management Engine Components - TOSHIBA Fingerprint Utility - TOSHIBA HDD Protection - TOSHIBA Mobile Broadband Device - TOSHIBA Value Added Package - TOSHIBA Wireless Manager In the Device Manager are no Unknown Devices remaining In System Information under 'Components' gt 'Problem Devices' are no devices listed I have no ideas left how to fix the problem

A:Tecra S11 - WiFi doesn't work

What security software do you have installed?

Maybe the software is blocking Wifi connections.

You may want to run Toshiba Recovery to rule out a software problem.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?56874-Tecra-S11-WiFi-doesn-t-work
Relevancy 64.07%

So, I have this problem, since I started up my laptop this morning my windows had some issues: at the beginning a game I frequently played started running at 6 fps(usually it goes at 50),then I couldn't change the brightness, and now I can't activate my Wi-Fi. I tried to restore the windows but it always stops and there a Pop-up saying "couldn't restore windows". What should I do?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/69366-wifi-brightness-restore-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I'm in an apartment that has cable internet and i use the wifi The first months i rarely had any issues besides a few random disconnects where i connect back and its working perfectly Wifi Doesn't Internet Work/Disconnects Few days ago the electricity Internet Wifi Doesn't Work/Disconnects went out for close to days Then once electricity came back internet worked as well but the thing is the wifi seems to have lot of issues Some times it would work but then many hours it wouldn't so i have to connect to Internet Wifi Doesn't Work/Disconnects the internet using my iphone by tethering it as a hot spot Im also out of the usa at the moment so data here is very expensive so i dont watch youtube or anything like that when tethering the internet Is there a way to find out why my internet wifi is behaving like this The thing is i'm wondering could it be something with my laptop itself because i have had issues with it last few days I also seen the so called blue screen i had never seen that before with this laptop ever Had this happen multiple times as well Each time it does i let it load then i restart it to safe mode then restart it to regular mode The thing is i connect to the router by wired internet at the moment so i only use the wifi However right now im not sure percent if this is an internet problem or it could possibly be my laptop but i lean heavily for it to my cable internet Is there a way to find out Also i can connect to the wifi and it will show the bars even when i can't visit sites etc

Relevancy 64.07%

hi guys,

i'm a computer moron. and i'm having a major crash issue with 'bad pool caller'. i found a similar thread and tried to follow, but i'm stuck. very similar to this situation
BSOD bad_pool_caller, possibly related to wi-fi adapter - Windows 10 Forums
Edit - just uploaded the debug.zip

thx in advance!

A:Bad Pool Caller - WIFI doesn't work

Please read BSOD Posting Instructions & How to upload files

If you read it in the correct way, you read that you don't have to upload the log from sfc/scannow, it is only necessary when Windows cannot fix problems

If sfc/scannow does NOT say "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation" after the second SFC,

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/39442-bad-pool-caller-wifi-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 64.07%

After upgrading my OS from Windows 7 to Windows 10, the wifi card doesn't work anymore.  I've downloaded the latest drivers for my wifi card, or at least I think I have, but it still doesn't work.  The wifi card is a Intel 11230BNHMW Centrino Wireless-N 1030 WiFi Wireless Mini PCI-E Card.  Does anyone know if this card is compatible with Windows 10.  If so, which driver do I need?

A:Wifi Doesn't Work After Upgrade To Windows 10

Hi, Please try the following discussion:     http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wireless-not-working-after-upgrading-t... Regards

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-Doesn-t-Work-After-Upgrade-To-Windows-10/td-p/5804246
Relevancy 64.07%

I went and disabled some services from running, nothing important, just the ones listed here (very bottom): http://www.computing-tips.com/2008/06/02/how-to-make-windows-xp-run-faster/
I also followed their advice on the BIOS (last paragraph just above Disable GUI Options )

Now my laptop won't show the wireless icon, and won't connect to wifi. Can someone tell me which service may have done this?

Thanks,
Aza

A:Tried to speed up laptop, now wifi doesn't work

Hi:Hopefully you did not run regcleaner.right ?
Let's start by doing two things:
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Please respond to all the following steps.
1. Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed.
2. Are there any devices under Network adapters that have a red x displayed?
3. Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?

Check your Services are Started on all PCs:
• COM+ Event System (for WZC issues)
• Computer Browser
• DHCP Client
• DNS Client
• Network Connections
• Network Location Awareness
• Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
• Server
• TCP/IP Netbios helper
• Wireless Zero Configuration (XP wireless configurations)
• WLAN AutoConfig (Vista wireless configurations)
• Workstation

Note: You can check the services in Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services.

All of these services should be started, and their startup type should be automatic (or perhaps manual).

If a service is not running, open it's properties and check the dependencies. Check each of the dependencies and see which one is preventing the service from running. Checking the event log is also a good idea here, there may be clues to what is failing.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

Can you make a wired connection through the router ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tried-to-speed-up-laptop-now-wifi-doesnt-work.928702/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi I have an Asus K e-BBR laptop running Windows Home Premium bit I've WiFi Asus laptop's My doesn't work had it for years I didn't have trouble with the WiFi for a My Asus laptop's WiFi doesn't work few months but then it My Asus laptop's WiFi doesn't work started acting up I of course factory reset many times etc and it didn't help There was a cycle The built-in wasn't working so I put in the dongle Then after a while of using the dongle the built-in WiFi took over started working and I could unplug Anyway this was a year ago I took it to Best Buy and they apparently fixed it but it acted up again the day after I got it and then worked for a few months before I had trouble with it again My hard drive failed so I took it to another computer shop and got a new hard drive and I think there might be something wrong with the drivers even though I've installed uninstalled downloaded from website and updated etc Now here's what happens When turn on my computer for the first time or wake it up from sleep the WiFi built in doesn't work it can't connect to any networks I have to turn off the WiFi antenna with Fn-F and then click troubleshoot where it says 'no connections are available' It then goes through troubleshooting and and then has an option for quot turn on wireless capability' I click on it and it turns on the antenna wireless capability and it works This is consistent I can always get it to work that way though sometimes it takes more than try Can you help me fix this Thank you

A:My Asus laptop's WiFi doesn't work

Most tech enthusiasts would never run the corrupt factory preinstall with all of the bloatware that throttles Win7 native performance, but instead get the superior Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7.

Follow the steps about putting your wireless driver in your backup so if it isn't provided by installer you can install it to connect to your netowrk and get online quickly.

Then if you stick with the tools and methods given in the tutorial only, you'll get and keep a perfect install for as long as you do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/274473-my-asus-laptops-wifi-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I have an Asus U50F Laptop and the external wireless switch to turn the WiFi on/off isn't working. The splash screen will show up indicating I turned off my WiFi but then nothing happens and I still have a wireless connection.

A:External Asus WiFi Switch Doesn't Work

I managed to fix this by installing the Asus wireless console 3. Delete this thread please.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/135067-external-asus-wifi-switch-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I ve scoured the internet for answers but wireless problems are so vast that I can t pinpoint the Update doesn't Solved: work SP1 WiFi after Windows answer to my problem This is what happened Internet and computer working fine as usual Windows Updater offered to update with Service Solved: WiFi doesn't work after Windows Update SP1 Pack Solved: WiFi doesn't work after Windows Update SP1 I confirmed After the computer restarted I tried to go about my business NO INTERNET CONNECTION Uninstalled the Solved: WiFi doesn't work after Windows Update SP1 Service Pack restarted Still no connection Other Symptoms I watch House too much -Opening Dell Wireless WLAN Card utility spurs the following message quot The Wireless Network Adapter could not be accessed This application may have diminished functionality as a result quot - Dell Wireless WLAN card Utility says Radio Disabled -Radio Configuration Dell Quickset WiFi Catcher says Switch Status Enabled So somehow this service pack did something that disabled messed up my wireless -- and now I don t know what to do I am running Windows Home Vista Premium and am using an B G N Draft wireless chip from Broadcom Dell Help would be awesome please nbsp

A:Solved: WiFi doesn't work after Windows Update SP1

Are you sure Service Pack one didn't restart you WLAN Autooonfig on your PC?

http://www.home-network-help.com/wlan-autoconfig.html

Maybe you want to make sure thats all turned off since your just using the dell supplied software.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-doesnt-work-after-windows-update-sp1.796404/
Relevancy 63.64%

Alright so after I booted up my laptop with the installation disc, My built in wifi doesn't work now. It's saying i need to install a driver... Where would I do this?

A:new hard drive. built in wifi doesn't work now?

My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite with windows 7 if that's needed?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559346/new-hard-drive-built-in-wifi-doesnt-work-now/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello Everyone, we've a Problem. After we've updated a HP ThinClient T610 to the newest ThinPro Version (5.2.x) it doesn't recognized the WIFI Adapter anymore. I've tested it with another one, but even this one doesn't work. Does anyone have an idea what it could be? Or is there a list with the supported WIFI Adapter on it? It would be great if anyone could help us. We should provide a solution to the customer. By the way: the adapter ist shown in the USB-Manager. But it doesn't recognize it as a WIFI Adapter. It's just there that i could redirect it to the session, not to connect to a Wireless-Network. Many thanks!Alex

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/T610-WIFI-Adapter-doesn-t-work-after-ThinPro-5-2-Update/td-p/5711207
Relevancy 61.06%

So I accidently bent my Belkin surf and share WiFi adapter on my desktop, and the internet cut out. I assumed it was broken, so I plugged it into my laptop and turned the wifi switch to off to test it out. Strangely, it worked fine. Then I attempted other USB ports on my tower, none of them worked. The strange thing is I can see all of the available wifi networks, but can't connect to them. I tried uninstalling the drivers, restarting, and reinstalling but that doesn't seem to work. The chip is fine, as it worked on my laptop, but it refuses to work on the tower.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

A:Belkin Surf and Share WiFi adapter Doesn't work on desktop, yet works on laptop

Buy an adapter that hasn't been physically damaged.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-surf-and-share-wifi-adapter-doesnt-work-on-desktop-yet-works-on-laptop.1069005/
Relevancy 58.48%

Pasting in contextual information from another post OBconflicker Bi nf worm keeps reappearing windows defender monitor stops working slow computer windows search protocol windows pop up Malware virusPop up windows keep appearing quot Windows search protocol host stopped working stopped, protocol search work, doesn't firefox work microsoft host windows slow, itunes doesn't and was closed quot Itunes occassionally doesn t work Media Sync doesn t work Hard Drive keeps working microsoft windows search protocol host stopped, slow, firefox doesn't work, itunes doesn't work in the microsoft windows search protocol host stopped, slow, firefox doesn't work, itunes doesn't work background Windows Defender no longer monitors the running programs End of added information microsoft windows search protocol host stopped, slow, firefox doesn't work, itunes doesn't work OBLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files Digital Media Reader readericon G exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Intel IntelDH CCU CCU TrayIcon exeC Program Files Common Files Intel IntelDH NMS Support IntelHCTAgent exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exeC Windows WindowsMobile wmdc exeC Windows System hkcmd exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Windows sttray exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp nkapg r exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp smss exeC Program Files BullGuard Ltd BullGuard BullGuard exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Windows system WerFault exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp win exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp csrss exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp system exeC Program Files Intel IntelDH CCU CCU Engine exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low services exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low smss exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low notepad exeC Windows system wuauclt exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low Low win exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low Low win exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low Low login exeC Program Files BullGuard Ltd BullGuard BGScan exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http home mywebsearch com index jhtml pt amp n ce dR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit C Windows system winlogon exeO - Hosts localhost Inserted By STOPzilla O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dllO - HKLM Run readericon C Program Files Digital Media Reader readericon G exeO - HKLM Run Recguard WINDIR SMINST RECGUARD EXEO - HKLM Run Reminder WINDIR Creator Remind XP exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Progr... Read more

A:microsoft windows search protocol host stopped, slow, firefox doesn't work, itunes doesn't work

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/289777/microsoft-windows-search-protocol-host-stopped-slow-firefox-doesnt-work-itunes-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello I have an ethernet cable run in my house What I need to figure out is if there is such thing an ethernet switch that does not require a power ethernet as about thing Such that run switch doesn't power? Solved: Question need Ethernet an source or something that can get this situation resolved Here is my situation I have a cable ran to my basement and have a bedroom directly above Solved: Such thing as an Ethernet switch that doesn't need power? Question about ethernet run the basement that needs an ethernet Solved: Such thing as an Ethernet switch that doesn't need power? Question about ethernet run run It is not possible for me to run a completely new cable from the original starting point so I was somehow hoping to use the cable going to the basement put a head on it put it into a switch hub splitter and Solved: Such thing as an Ethernet switch that doesn't need power? Question about ethernet run run a cable out of it to the room directly above and use the other cable coming out to stay in the basement Is there something that can do this for me Is there a better way to do so What would you suggest Thanks UPDATE Please refer to post for more details nbsp

A:Solved: Such thing as an Ethernet switch that doesn't need power? Question about ethernet run

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-such-thing-as-an-ethernet-switch-that-doesnt-need-power-question-about-ethernet-run.577585/
Relevancy 58.05%

I ve had trouble connecting to my own internet and have no wireless I m using my neighbor s wireless and it s really slowing her s down I ve tried restarting my laptop it usually works and then reinstalled the device under quot device manager quot It s not Port doesn't Ethernet cord recognize ANY Solved: ethernet the cord I Solved: Ethernet Port doesn't recognize ANY ethernet cord ve checked with my neighbor s laptop and it works fine I use a Sony Vaio VGN-NS E with Windows Vista SP I m not sure what other information to give Any suggestions welcome ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ipconfig all This is while I only have an ethernet plugged in and no wifi connection Windows IP Configuration Host Name FairyHo Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - - D-E - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller Physical Address - D-BA- C-B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap EC F - B - FD - FDB-F D D E E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B- - E -BCB -F C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Holly gt ------------------------------------------------------------------------ nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

Help my windows 7 laptop just keeps rebooting and i cant get to safe mode or recovery what should i do ?

A:system recovery doesn't work and safe mode doesn't work and just keeps reboting

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/631274/system-recovery-doesnt-work-and-safe-mode-doesnt-work-and-just-keeps-reboting/
Relevancy 57.19%

hi, I know there are many in the forum who have the same problem as mine. 

my computer was running fine last friday. I tried to start it on saturday, it says it can't startup and need to repair startup. I did run the repair but still can't startup. I tried to use system restore to earlier dates, it still can't startup. The computer has trojan virus before and I tried the anti-malware from internet to kill them. seems that it create more problem for my PC. I have some important files in the computer that I wish I have archived. 

wonder if any one can help. thx in advance.

A:can't start up computer-window7, repair doesn't work, restore doesn't work

I'll report this topic to appropriate helpers.
Hold on there...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/493688/cant-start-up-computer-window7-repair-doesnt-work-restore-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello I have an HP pavillion desktop s f with Atheros a b g n Dualband Wireless Module and D-Link router DIR- My numerous Laptops and iPhons iPads work fine but "n" Atheros doesn't router work Wifi with adapter this desktop which is further away from the router in another room about meters only shows - bars of wifi First I bought a Atheros Wifi adapter doesn't work with "n" router big additional D-Link antenna Ghz Atheros Wifi adapter doesn't work with "n" router but it didn't really help - sometimes connction shows bars I was told this antenna should help a lot Then I checked with my router settings and saw that the HP Atheros Wifi adapter doesn't work with "n" router uses quot g quot connection when everything else uses quot n quot I even set it to only use quot n quot but still it shows the HP using quot g quot I updated the driver Atheros for AR B but it didn't help I have quot n quot enabled in Atheros in Device manager Now I'm lost and can't think of anything else that can be a problem and or how to fix it I don't have any thick walls between the router and the HP my iPhone seems to work in this room just fine Please help THANK YOU

A:Atheros Wifi adapter doesn't work with "n" router

Out of curoisity, are you suffering any symptoms of lack of signal qualities (glitchy video/slow connectivity)?

And what speed does the HP Desktop show it being connected at?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/201016-atheros-wifi-adapter-doesnt-work-n-router.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey so at my apartment complex all I have is wifi available, there seems to be a ethernet port on the wall downstairs but I dont think it works. I was thinking of getting a Wifi to Ethernet adapter but I do not know if that actually will make it so my connection is stable and doesnt get affected by people streaming etc. I notice that it says it would pick up wifi and then I could use my ethernet to connect it to my computer. I don't really understand how all this works. I would like some help figuring out what to do. I can always try that port. or is there something I can plug into that port that would give me a stable connection? I'm running out of ideas. Anything helps. Thanks!

A:I only have wifi available at my apartment. will using a wifi to ethernet adaptor help?

you can do that with some devices
BUT I do not think it will make any difference to your issues , as its still using the wireless signal

it will get affected by people streaming

in the LAN connection , have you tried plugging a cable into a laptop ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-only-have-wifi-available-at-my-apartment-will-using-a-wifi-to-ethernet-adaptor-help.1154064/
Relevancy 55.04%

I am trying to use my CD-ROM drive and it doesn't work here are the list of things I have tried

Uninstalled and reinstalled the cd-rom driver it is a Matbleepa UJ-840D CD-ROM/DVD/CD-RW in my HP laptop (Didn't work)

Read stuff about code 39 and removed in the registry edit screen Upperfilters, Upperfilters.bak, Lowerfilters, Lowerfilters.bak and rebooted (Didn't work)

Removed itunes from computer (didn't solve the issue with cd-rom player)

Went back to a system restore point that was before the last time I used the CD-rom player and it worked and that (didn't work as well)

Read a lot of different posts about code 39 and nothing is given after the above steps are taken if it still won't work except to reformat which I would prefer not to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:CD-ROM doesn't work, code 39 error, tried many things still doesn't work

1. Uninstall the drive through Device Manager.Restart computer. The drive will be automatically reinstalled.or...2. Delete Upper & Lower Filters http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116Restart computer.or...3. Download, and run Restore Missing CD Drive patchDouble click on cdgone.zip to unzip it.Right click on cdgone.reg, click Merge.Accept registry merge.Restart computer.or...4. Go to Device Manager, click a "+" sign next to IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers.You'll see two items:- ATA Channel0 (or Primary Channel)- ATA Channel1 (or Secondary Channel)Right click on each of them, and click Uninstall. Confirm.Restart Windows. They'll be automatically reinstalled.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/443264/cd-rom-doesnt-work-code-39-error-tried-many-things-still-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 54.61%

So at my friend s house whenever it rains or bad cloudy day there is no WiFi signal sending from main floor to nd floor So I recommend them to install a Linksys RE range extender to boost the signal on the existing Linksys AC unit and the setup of that extender is wacky It somehow works after a while but w o the GHz band But the other day when they re-plug and good what's signal doesn't day during booster signal & WiFi rainy the work, signal extender? no in that extender there is no signal even on a sunny no WiFi signal during rainy day and signal booster doesn't work, & what's the good signal extender? day So today no WiFi signal during rainy day and signal booster doesn't work, & what's the good signal extender? I try to help them to re-initialize that RE by going thru the instruction totally no signal on a sunny day Now assuming it s a defective DOA unit is there some range extender that is high quality And has a nice and simple setup software just in case pushing the WPS button doesn t work And more importantly should we unplug the extender when you don t use it Or are you suppose to always leave it plug in If you unplug it would you lost all the setting on that extender nbsp

A:no WiFi signal during rainy day and signal booster doesn't work, & what's the good signal extender?

Ouch!
Use a wire. Extend WiFi via remotely placed access points.

https://hardforum.com/threads/no-wifi-signal-during-rainy-day-and-signal-booster-doesnt-work-whats-the-good-signal-extender.1904091/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello,

i just received my new PC with a brand new Gigabyte UD3H Wifi motherboard and a HD7950 GPU.

I installed all the drivers available from the Gigabyte website for some reason the wifi function simply does not work. Also, the screen plugged into the 7950 works fine but the other screen connected into the motherboard gets the message "no signal detected".
How can i fix this?

A:Gigabyte UD3H Wifi doesn't detect WiFi or second screen

Also, when I try to install the VGA drivers from gigabyte, I get the message "PC does not meet minimum requirements"

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/254155-gigabyte-ud3h-wifi-doesnt-detect-wifi-second-screen.html
Relevancy 53.32%

HiHad this laptop for a few weeks now and never had trouble connecting to wifi at home. But today I am unable to connect to wifi and I did a troubleshoot and it says that the problem is - 'WiFi doesn't have a valid IP configuration'I know the problem is my laptop and not the wifi as it is working fine on my iPad.Can someone help please?Thanks,Dee

A:Can't connect to wifi - 'wifi doesn't have a valid IP config...

Hi there @Dee85 Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that you are having troubles with connecting to your home network; I am happy to help. Have you tried connecting to a different network with this notebook?Does the wifi (available connections) show up on your notebook at all?Have you tried resetting your wireless router? The error you are getting sounds like the router is not passing on a local IP address to your notebook. The problem could be on either side of that. Try working through these.Troubleshooting wireless network and Internet (Windows 8)Also, you can look at the power management for your wireless adapter:Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)2. Expand the Network adapters.3. Right click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.4. Click the Power Management tab.5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.6. Click OK.7. Test. Forget the network: (Windows 8)1. Press Windows Key + C2. Click Settings.3. Click Change PC settings.4. Click Network on the left.5. Click Manage known networks.6. Click the network name.7. Click Forget.Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.Reinstall the network adapter drivers:1. Download the drivers from here but do not run them yet.2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.3. Expand Network adapters.4. Right click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.6. Restart your PC and test.Test an ethernet connection:Self explanatory. Test if the issue persists on a wired connection to rule out the wireless adapter hardware so troubleshooting can be directed towards the right areas.Test another connection:Many people rule out their home network as an issue if another device is working on the same network. Networking is not that simple. Each device interacts differently with your router or modem and it is impossible to rule out settings in that device until the notebook has been tested on another network. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-t-connect-to-wifi-wifi-doesn-t-have-a-valid-IP/td-p/4902561
Relevancy 53.32%

Wifi doesn't connect when i move away from wifi router. I have a wifi router installed in my drawing room where i get good browsing speed on phones and laptops. But the problem starts when i take my laptop from drawing room to my bedroom which is not more than 5 mtrs from router. Wifi signal drops to zero on laptop whereas it remains decent on phones. Earlier my laptop used to connect in bedroom as well..This is happening lately. Is there any solution?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-doesn-t-connect-when-i-move-away-from-wifi-router/td-p/5768546
Relevancy 50.74%

I have no idea what my sister and her friends were doing on the comp for a couple recov not work computer shut down loading right, sys right, doesn't programs doesn't of days that i decided not to use it but now - a few programs take forever to load or don't load at all but they do show up under the processes tab in the task manager - after pressing Ctrl Alt Del the task manager icon appears in the system tray but the thing only shows up a minute later - my system recovery is quot not able to protect my computer quot and restarting does nothing - actually when restarting or shutting down Windows it stops at where it only shows my desktop background and cursor which is still able to move and nothing else after that so i have programs not loading right, computer doesn't shut down right, sys recov doesn't work to hold the power button and force it to shut off - when I right click the desktop and click on quot Properties quot or something similar to programs not loading right, computer doesn't shut down right, sys recov doesn't work this action it doesn't show up at all and whenever I try to open any application after that they don't even load at all either - and probably other stuff that I haven't took note of yet Things i've tried to get rid of these problems - Virus scan with programs not loading right, computer doesn't shut down right, sys recov doesn't work avast a couple viruses found and fixed but nothing changed - disk clean up nothing changed - registry clean nothing changed - CURRENTLY defragging my C drive hope something changes Anyone know what the heck's going on Anyone got any suggestions on what to do next Anything helps and would be greatly appreciated

A:programs not loading right, computer doesn't shut down right, sys recov doesn't work

no replies yet? :(

anyway, just stopped by to say that when shutting down, it takes forever to get to the "Saving your settings..." screen, and that's where I decided that it stops and nothing else after that.
Defragged my C drive, still no results besides the computer feeling a bit smoother-running o_o

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/programs-not-loading-right-computer-doesnt-shut-down-right-sys-recov-doesnt-work-316544.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have an ASUS notebook running windows 7 64-bit. I am using the QuietOffice power profile, however the screensaver won't kick in no matter what I do, and the display does not turn off even though I set it to be after 5-minutes of inactivity. I don't know if there is something running in the background... I have turned off my usb wireless mouse, and nothing....

Any ideas?

THanks.

A:HELP: power option doesn't work - screen saver doesn't start!

This is another case of factory bloatware interfering - in this case a useless factory utility overriding Win7's superior built-in version.

Googling the Quiet Office feature of Asus there are multiple reported problems. Best to default to the Win7 built-in Power Options in Control Panel. Set up a Balanced Plan unless you're a gamer then use High Performance.

Here are other tips for cleaning up factory bloatware

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/144080-help-power-option-doesnt-work-screen-saver-doesnt-start.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a 4y old Sony VAIO (VGN-NS11J) that stopped working today morning after making a whirring noise

Repeated attempts to restart failed and after many attempts, I managed to get to the Startup Repair mode - after a long time, startup repair says it failed to automatically repair the problem

I managed to run system restore but after a while I got the following message: "System restore failed due to an unspecified error. The disk strucgture is corrupted and unreadable (0X80070571)

My laptop did not come with a Windows Vista CD/Recovery disk

My first priority is to recover a few files in the laptop - if I am able to do this, then I dont mind junking the laptop

Since this is an old laptop, I would prefer not to use an expensive professional to recover the data

Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated!

Rgds

A:Sony VAIO running Vista doesn't start-up, system restore doesn't work

You may be able to retrieve your data by using Ubuntu. Post #3 in this topic provides instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/479918/sony-vaio-running-vista-doesnt-start-up-system-restore-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 50.31%

For the last month or so, every time I log off my account, the keyboard does not register at the Windows Log In screen. This makes it so I have to restart the computer and then it works fine.
There are three accounts on the computer, the casing has been half removed for the last 3 months, a DVD burner and driver recently installed 3 months ago and I am using a wireless off brand USB keyboard and mouse.
As for the second part, the computer requires several restarts to boot up, sometimes up to twenty minutes of turning on and off to boot up. Only started doing this a week ago.

A:My Keyboard doesn't work, and the computer turns on but doesn't start.

It sounds like something is wrong with your Windows XP drivers. Something like that happened to me while building my computer, and when I boot up the keyboard did not work because my copy of windows XP was bad. You could try reinstalling windows XP, and It might work better, but I dont have a definite answer to your problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-keyboard-doesnt-work-and-the-computer-turns-on-but-doesnt-start-381732.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi FASTER Bridge ethernet-->wifi using vs - MUCH Wifi with Bridge router there If you've a spare Wifi vs ethernet-->wifi Bridge using router - MUCH FASTER with Bridge old router which you can set up as a wifi bridge and connect a bit of LAN cable from Laptop into the Bridge router you'll generally get FAR better performance from even a cheap router Logic behind this is that most Wifi adapters are half duplex whereas a router is full duplex and throughput will be significantly better Another advantage is that you can still use GHZ band even if your PC or whatever only can handle GHZ wifi If your router doesn't have bridging facilities you can often do it by a firmware upgrade --for most routers try this www dd-wrt com Unleash Your Router Note --this is the Bridging router --not your main one that you use to connect to your ISP with --don't want to cause people to have inoperable boxes I've found using a Router as a bridge far better than having to have loads of LAN cable all round the house --and also antennae in wifi routers are hugely better than most built in Wifi cards so you can in a lot of cases avoid extra slowdown caused by wifi extenders In my quot man shed quot -- a good metres from the main house - could just about get Mib s on a very poor GHZ wifi signal from the wifi card Laptop now acceptable - still with GHZ wifi but using quot Bridged quot method with an old EDIMAX wifi port router Around Mib s still a lot slower by about X - I'm getting nearly Gb s download in main house on GHZ wifi --ISL has excellent Internet than in the main house but perfectly OK for streaming Football etc when friends are around and we're all drinking Beer etc -- no complaints from quot the Other quot about noise cheers of quot Goooooal quot clearing up etc etc Good even for a SLOW Ping -- remember I'm over metres away from my House and on GHZ Wifi -- GHZ not receivable at that distance added -- even if your PC laptop doesn't have a LAN connector it's still worthwhile doing this with a USB-- gt Lan adapter -- even a USB -- gt LAN works really well -- USB speed will easily handle Mib s and adapter can cost as little as EUR - those cheap Chinese unbranded ones work fine too I've had simultaneous connections through that Bridge router this way -- guys had laptops with no LAN cards - they used the adapters --all very happy USB quot -- gt LAN adapter-- gt Lan cable-- gt Port on Bridge router Cheers jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/67451-wifi-vs-ethernet-wifi-bridge-using-router-much-faster-bridge.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I was wondering if it's possible to utilize both WiFi and ethernet in tandem. I'm pretty sure some of you are going to tell me that I can only access the internet through one of these, up to my bandwidth limit, but that's not what I mean.

I'd like to access the internet through my WiFi connection, yet have a wired connection through my router to access the files on the other computers in my house. Is this even possible?

A:WiFi and ethernet together

Originally Posted by SteveS801

I was wondering if it's possible to utilize both WiFi and ethernet in tandem. I'm pretty sure some of you are going to tell me that I can only access the internet through one of these, up to my bandwidth limit, but that's not what I mean.

I'd like to access the internet through my WiFi connection, yet have a wired connection through my router to access the files on the other computers in my house. Is this even possible?

"...Theoretical speed versus actual speed

... Wi-Fi is very convenient, but it does not match the speed and reliability of wired Ethernet.

...though 802.11n can theoretically reach 300 Mb/s, a 100 Mb/s wired Ethernet connection will often outperform it in real-world usage, because wired Ethernet networks perform more closely to their theoretical limits and are less susceptible to outside influences..."​Transporter: Wi-Fi versus Ethernet performance

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/18624-wifi-ethernet-together.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi In the HVAC industry In a new location we have set up our usual network system interconecting a number of microprocessors with a main controller The main controller is connected to the computer via an ethernet port it can be assigned a different IP address from the default We need to access the computer from the web and so currently we have a wifi connection via a USB and ethernet wifi port DHCP enabled The computer is running Windows It works untill there is a power failure or the computer is shut down it is normally left on When the computer restarts after a power outage the wifi connection is good at least sometimes if not all but we loose our communication with the HVAC controller If we shut down the computer unplug the USB wifi restart the computer restart our ethernet and wifi program ethernet and wifi Continuum and thereby establish communication with the controller we can then plug the wifi back in and both continue operational We can access the internet we can be accessed from the internet and we can communicate with the HVAC controller Is there a way to set these two ports up such that when the computer restarts it is set up to restart after a power failure we have communication with both systems If not is there a way to automate this procedure so that it does so on its own ie upon start up the wifi port remains dissabled for some period of time while the computer and windows restarts restart the Continuum program and then re-establish the wifi I thank you very much in advance for any help and or insight you can give me JPSTECH nbsp

A:ethernet and wifi

Try scheduling the tasks so that they are dependant on events like resources becoming available.

(I would have to look it up and work through it as well )

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-and-wifi.1135055/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a trubleshoot from a few month... I cannot turn my laptop as a Hotspot.. Any kind of softwares are not working....  please Help me for this problem...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Ethernet-Wifi/td-p/5789960
Relevancy 49.88%

i have a question that i have been looking for weeks now,

i have a laptop running xp ue v6 sp2 edition and have ethernet port and wifi port

both work

but on certain places i can have ethernet pluged in plus i have another wifi network that i can also connect

so when i go to cmd i check ipconfig and it shows two diferent ip addreses for the two connected networks

my question is, how can i control that, i mean

if conection 1 is 300 k
and connection 2 is 300k

how can i make it so that windows will use both at the same time so that i have on direct or indirect downloads 600k ?, is that possible?

please do help me, i have no idea whatelse todo ...

regards from south america

att

Ivan C. alarcon

A:How To ethernet plus Wifi help!!

I personally belive (I could be wrong) you can not do that with windows itself. However, I think it is possible thru specail software. John and other guys can give you a better answere.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-ethernet-plus-wifi-help.570438/
Relevancy 49.88%

I installed WiFi some time ago but the Win PC downstairs did not have WiFi capabilities I bought an adapter and it worked fine for a short time so I bought and installed another adapter The other night it failed again so I dragged out my Ethernet cable and hooked it up to the PC I contacted Linksys and went to Office Depot to make sure that I plugged the other end into either the router or the modem The original modem and router are connected to my Win desktop which does not have WiFi either My Netbook and laptop still have WiFi as does my phone But I can NOT get Internet on the PC downstairs with the Ethernet cable I took the second adapter out before attaching the Ethernet cable I'm not smart enough to change anything Ethernet vs WiFi on my Ethernet vs WiFi ISP settings for that has to be done Does anyone have a simple suggestion Or having any ideas why this is an issue Should have been a simple connect I would think Before installing WiFi all Ethernet vs WiFi of my computers used an Ethernet cable so why not now

A:Ethernet vs WiFi

Try resetting your Router .. If that does not help read the Link below ...

How to fix an internet connection

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/349015-ethernet-vs-wifi.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi! Sorry I'm not much of a techie person. I'm having a problem here with the internet. My laptop connects to the WIFI properly but when the PC gets connected, with the ethernet cable, to the internet the wifi connection becomes bad but the signal strength shown is just as strong. thanks! using a windows 7 os btw.

A:WiFi and ethernet

Use only one or the other, but not both concurrently.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-and-ethernet.202781/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a Wifi channel on my pc, and also on my router.
I have a network printer attached to the router.
Currently my pc is connected to router through ethernet wired connection.

When I need to access the PC from a laptop by Wifi, is it best to use the PC WiFi, or the router Wifi connection, and how do I stop the PC connecting to the router by Wifi if that is enabled on both devices? I presume the ethernet connection is faster, and certainly more reliable.

A:Ethernet and WiFi

Your laptop should connect to the router, the laptop won't even see the desktop's wifi to connect to unless you have configured it to be a hotspot (leave the PC's wifi disabled). Provided both the PC and the laptop are running Win 7 or later OS, you should be able to create a Homegroup so that you can share files between the 2 computers.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/61167-ethernet-wifi.html
Relevancy 49.88%

HI all we had a storm come buy last night so I loged all computers off about 20 min later the power whent out and came back on after some time the problem i am haveing is I can not connect wired in PC's but the laptops well connect wifi but they are slow , and all so my iphone and my SGS4 well not conect wifi
I have reset the 2wire modem from u verse (at&t) do yall think it killed my modem? all lights are on as they sould be , and att tech have no clue whats up.

A:Ethernet wifi

Unplug the modem for 5 minutes, then plug it in. Let us know what happens.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/301324-ethernet-wifi.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Cant get it to updateand when i use thr troubleshooternit doesnt work either Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by Administrator doesn't doesn't troubleshooter and work 7 update Windows administrator on - - at Running from D Users Administrator Downloads Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Connection Status Localhost is accessible LAN connected Google IP is accessible Google com is accessible Yahoo com is accessible Windows Firewall mpsdrv Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of mpsdrv service is OK The ImagePath of mpsdrv service is OK MpsSvc Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of MpsSvc service is set to Disabled The default start type is Auto The ImagePath of MpsSvc service is OK The ServiceDll of MpsSvc service is OK Firewall Disabled Policy System Restore SDRSVC Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open SDRSVC Windows 7 doesn't update and troubleshooter doesn't work registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open SDRSVC registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open SDRSVC registry key The service key does not exist Windows 7 doesn't update and troubleshooter doesn't work System Restore Disabled Policy Action Center Windows Update Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy Windows Defender WinDefend Service is not running Checking service configuration Windows 7 doesn't update and troubleshooter doesn't work The start type of WinDefend service is set to Demand The default start type is Auto The ImagePath of WinDefend service is OK The ServiceDll of WinDefend service is OK Windows Defender Disabled Policy HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows Defender DisableAntiSpyware DWORD Other Services File Check D Windows system nsisvc dll gt MD is legit D Windows system Drivers nsiproxy sys gt MD is legit D Windows system dhcpcore dll gt MD is legit D Windows system Drivers afd sys - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation D B DA D A E EB A DD D Windows system Drivers tdx sys - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation FE A DFA C A E AE C AAB D Windows system Drivers tcpip sys gt File is digitally signed D Windows system dnsrslvr dll gt MD is legit D Windows system mpssvc dll gt MD is legit D Windows system bfe dll gt MD is legit D Windows system Drivers mpsdrv sys gt MD is legit D Windows system SDRSVC dll gt MD is legit D Windows system vssvc exe gt MD is legit D Windows system wscsvc dll gt MD is legit D Windows system wbem WMIsvc dll gt MD is legit D Windows system wuaueng dll gt File is digitally signed D Windows system qmgr dll gt MD is legit D Windows system es dll gt MD is legit D Windows system cryptsvc dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation CA BECEA DE ADDAD E A C D Program Files Windows Defender MpSvc dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation CF F FAE DE AD EB D Windows system ipnathlp dll gt MD is legit D Windows system iphlpsvc dll gt MD is legit D Windows system svchost exe gt MD is legit D Windows system rpcss dll gt MD is legit End of log Edit Topic moved from Windows to the more appropriate forum due to FRST log Animal

A:Windows 7 doesn't update and troubleshooter doesn't work

Hello,

Please follow the instructions Here to run the System Update Readiness Tool. When the SURT finishes installing, copy (Ctrl + C) and paste (Ctrl + V) the contents of the SURT log into your next post please:C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.logC:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.persist.log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/561979/windows-7-doesnt-update-and-troubleshooter-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello.
I am quite new here, but I've been wanting to get this problem solved for a long time, and I haven't seemed to get any answer.

So here's my problem:

I bought my Asus N53SV for around a year ago, and it worked great. But for some reason something changed.
When I try to open bluetooth, nothing happens. And when I want to connect anything using bluetooth, it doesn't work.

I tried to do this:
[windows] + r >bttray
But nothing opens up.

Please help!

Thank you,
Karstin

A:My bluetooth doesn't work. bttray doesn't open.

Quote: Originally Posted by Karstin1812

Hello.
I am quite new here, but I've been wanting to get this problem solved for a long time, and I haven't seemed to get any answer.

So here's my problem:

I bought my Asus N53SV for around a year ago, and it worked great. But for some reason something changed.
When I try to open bluetooth, nothing happens. And when I want to connect anything using bluetooth, it doesn't work.

I tried to do this:
[windows] + r >bttray
But nothing opens up.

Please help!

Thank you,
Karstin

Hi Karstin,

Welcome to Seven Forums.

You would need to re-install Bluetooth software/driver for your system. Please check the link below for finding out the drivers:

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download

If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/289528-my-bluetooth-doesnt-work-bttray-doesnt-open.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Have a friend with a relatively new Lenovo laptop using Windows XP SP3. Overnight he can't access the Internet via browsers, email or AIM. His desktop connected to the same router is working fine.

He can access the router by IP address using either IE7 or FireFox 3.5. Anything that needs a DNS server doesn't work. This does say though that he has a working connection to the router.

He's run MalWareBytes and his own McAffee software looking for bad stuff but has found nothing.

Running "ipconfig /all" from the command prompt gives exactly the same results for the laptop as his working desktop. The DNS servers are there. He can ping the DNS servers using their IP addresses. He is being assigned a proper local network address so DHCP is working on the router.

Any thoughts on where to look next to discover why the Internet applications don't seem to be able to find the DNS servers?

A:Can't Access Websites, Email doesn't work and no AIM doesn

FWIW, my friend took his laptop to a PC shop. Their diagnosis was malware. I don't know the identity of the malware. Anyway, the shop saved his data then formatted and reloaded XP SP3.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/239603/cant-access-websites-email-doesnt-work-and-no-aim-doesn/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi! First post, sorry if it's in the wrong place :\
I have a Dell Inspiron running on Windows 7, and this problem has persisted for quite a while. When I attempt to use wifi, it appears as connected, but I'm not able to connect to any webpage. Any ideas on what I could do?
Thanks!

Relevancy 49.45%

I want to extend my Wi-Fi using a Ethernet cable. Most extenders seem to provide a Ethernet Socket rather than use one to extend the Wi-Fi signal. I don't need anything fancy. Can anyone recommend anything suitable.

A:WIFI Ethernet Extender

Look at Newegg for extenders wifi extender - Newegg.com
What type of Wi-Fi device do you have now?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/374361-wifi-ethernet-extender.html
Relevancy 49.45%

A nbsp W Lenovo Thinkpad Windows -bit It has been working until yesterday the first day at southern California - Cox provided a NETGEAR modem router has dual band for WIFI say Band and Band - Tried both bands are Windows are unable to connecto xxx or show as Connected in WIFI list but saied no internet access and a nbsp yellow star on top of WIFI bar in lower right corner - Tried all four combination of WPA -Personal WPA-Personal AES and TKIP - Plugged in wire directly from router while had WIFI turned OFF got currently connect to xxx no internet access Same thing while WIFI is ON nbsp Is the modem router working nbsp Yes all other laptops and wireless devices using the same router modem connected no problem wired or wireless nbsp Brought the laptop to not Ethernet Wifi connected Both and a COX center staffs there are very helpful connected to a diff router repeated the same steps still the same result nbsp We also checked nbsp Device Manager at Both Ethernet and Wifi not connected Control Panel Networking showing everything working Both Ethernet and Wifi not connected properly Even tried disable then enable the corresponding NIC warm-boot cold-boot same nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Both-Ethernet-and-Wifi-not-connected/td-p/3421751
Relevancy 49.45%

Recently got a computer (Dell Latitude E6420) with no OS. Installed Windows 7, 32 bit system.

After that, had no drivers for wifi/etc so I installed ALL of the drivers from this page -http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/servicetag/74985r1/drivers/advanced?s=bsd

Wifi is discovering my network - but not connecting when I connect. Even copied the network login stuff via USB to make sure.

Have been trying several different ways to fix this - reinstalled all the drivers, checked modem/router (work fine on this computer), plugged in Ethernet directly (doesn't work), made sure automatically establish IP was checked, etc.

Help

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi guys, first post here. I don't know much about tech so joined here for help. I moved into a new house (rented) and we have virgin media internet with their infamously reliable super hub

I can connect to the internet fine with an ethernet cable but only get "local" access when attempting with wifi. My friend can get on wifi fine on his laptop and my wifi works fine on other networks which leads me to believe its just some settings that need changing. I will try to attach a picture of my ipconfig with wifi switched on and no ethernet cable in.

Any help on this would be much appreciated, I've googled for hours and hours but nothing anyone suggests on there has worked for me.

Cheers for any replies

A:Wifi not working, ethernet does

Is that Cell phone internet your using there. Disabled Wired connections when using WiFi connections don't have both enabled. Also are you sharing internet or WiFi in this building?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-not-working-ethernet-does.195318/
Relevancy 49.45%

Recently got a computer (Dell Latitude E6420) with no OS. Installed Windows 7, 64 bit system.

After that, had no drivers for wifi/etc so I installed ALL of the drivers from this page -http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/servicetag/74985r1/drivers/advanced?s=bsd

Wifi is discovering my network - but not connecting when I connect. Even copied the network login stuff via USB to make sure.

Have been trying several different ways to fix this - reinstalled all the drivers, checked modem/router (work fine on this computer), plugged in Ethernet directly (doesn't work), made sure automatically establish IP was checked, etc.

Help :(

A:New Computer - No Ethernet or Wifi?

Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0):
-----------------------------------------
Windows Validation Data-->

Validation Code: 0
Cached Online Validation Code: N/A, hr = 0xc004f012
Windows Product Key: *****-*****-QCPVQ-KHRB8-RMV82
Windows Product Key Hash: +Rj3N34NLM2JqoBO/OzgzTZXgbY=
Windows Product ID: 00359-OEM-8992687-00095
Windows Product ID Type: 2
Windows License Type: OEM SLP
Windows OS version: 6.1.7601.2.00010300.1.0.003
ID: {AD5ECC0A-3199-462F-A854-71A8662CFC01}(1)
Is Admin: Yes
TestCab: 0x0
LegitcheckControl ActiveX: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
Product Name: Windows 7 Home Premium
Architecture: 0x00000009
Build lab: 7601.win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850
TTS Error:
Validation Diagnostic:
Resolution Status: N/A

Vista WgaER Data-->
ThreatID(s): N/A, hr = 0x80070002
Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Windows XP Notifications Data-->
Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
File Exists: No
WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Notifications Data-->
Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
OGAExec.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
Office Status: 109 N/A
OGA Version: N/A, 0x80070002
Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-364-80041010_025D1FF3-229-80041010_025D1FF3-230-1_025D1FF3-517-80040154_025D1FF3-237-80040154_025D1FF3-238-2_025D1FF3-244-80070002_025D1FF3-258-3

Browser Data-->
Proxy settings: N/A
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32)
Default Browser: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
Active scripting: Allowed
Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->
File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\wat\watadminsvc.exe[Hr = 0x80070003]
File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\wat\npwatweb.dll[Hr = 0x80070003]
File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\wat\watux.exe[Hr = 0x80070003]
File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\wat\watweb.dll[Hr = 0x80070003]

Other data-->
Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{AD5ECC0A-3199-462F-A854-71A8662CFC01}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0027.0</Version><OS>6.1.7601.2.00010300.1.0.003</OS><Architecture>x64</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-RMV82</PKey><PID>00359-OEM-8992687-00095</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-3373630040-420921471-3171591597</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Dell Inc.</Manufacturer><Model>Latitude E6420</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Dell Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>A22</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="6"/><Date>20150812000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>319D3507018400FE</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Eastern Standard Time(GMT-05:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM><OEMID>DELL </OEMID><OEMTableID>CBX3 </OEMTableID></OEM><GANotification/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/><Applications/></Office></Software></GenuineResults>

Spsys.log Content: 0x80070002

Licensing Data-->
Software licensing service version: 6.1.7601.17514

Name: Windows(R) 7, HomePremium edition
Description: Windo... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/new-computer-no-ethernet-or-wifi-1078234.html
Relevancy 49.45%

A nbsp W Lenovo Thinkpad Windows -bit It has been working until yesterday the first day at southern California - Cox provided a NETGEAR modem router has dual band for WIFI say Band and Band - Tried both bands are Windows are unable to connecto xxx or show as Connected in WIFI list but saied no internet access and a nbsp not Both and Ethernet Wifi connected yellow star on Both Ethernet and Wifi not connected top of WIFI bar in lower right corner - Tried all four combination of WPA -Personal WPA-Personal AES and TKIP - Plugged in wire directly from router while had WIFI turned OFF got currently connect to xxx no internet access Same thing while WIFI is ON nbsp Is the modem router working nbsp Yes all other laptops and wireless devices using the same router modem connected no problem wired or wireless nbsp Brought the laptop to a COX center staffs there are very helpful connected to a diff router repeated the same steps still the same result Both Ethernet and Wifi not connected nbsp We also checked nbsp Device Manager at Control Panel Networking showing everything working properly Even tried disable then enable the corresponding NIC warm-boot cold-boot same nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-Legacy-Laptops-A-I-V/Both-Ethernet-and-Wifi-not-connected/td-p/3421751
Relevancy 49.45%

i am trying to connect my laptop (vista home premium) to my main pc (xp sp2) and what ever i do i have problems. when i connect via wifi not only does it take forever to connect but the connection keeps cutting out. i have a full signal but it is cuts out from my main pc. i have tried wep and wpa sceurity but nothing helps. i dont know if it is something to do with the he settings. i also have tried with a ethernet connection. my laptop seems to be connected find but on my main pc it says limited connection you may not be able to get access to some features. i dont have a virus. i dont know what it can be. i have tried both the connection wizards for both the wifi and the eithernet.
thanks for any help you lot can give. it is doing my head in

A:WIFI and Ethernet problems

Please supply the following info, exact models of the equipment please.

Make/model of the broadband modem.
Make/model of the router (if any).
Connection type, wired, wireless.
Make/model of network card or wireless adapter.
Make/model of your computer (motherboard if home-built).

For each machine, let's see this:

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-and-ethernet-problems.602496/
Relevancy 49.45%

I am a robot programmer and frequently have a robot connected wifi simultaneously ethernet and Use to the Ethernet port However these robots are no wifi antennas and thus I would like to use wifi at the same time for the internet connection To consult the internet check my mail play music etc I have to detach the ethernet cable and wait for wifi to work before I have to plug it in again to write code for the robot This is very annoying as you can imagine nbsp So Use ethernet and wifi simultaneously far I have tried many options none resulting in a solution that worked nbsp So in detail nbsp ProblemWifi disconnects when I connect to a robot controller via ethernet cable nbsp nbsp Tried solutionsSwitch on the wifi adapter while an ethernet cable is attached but it switches off again automatically Rearranged the network adapters network adapters gt advanced settings to let wifi have a higher priority Still switches off wifi though Tried changing the advanced settings of the wifi network adapters gt RMB on wifi gt Properties gt Advanced see if there was an option to stop it from switching off when ethernet is attached There was no option like that Accessed the BIOS settings to see if there was a possibility to stop the system from shutting down wifi when a cable is attached Bought a USB to Ethernet adapter but this resulted in wifi switching off as well Tried to install Lenovo Access Connections but it is not available anymore for Windows systems Tried Intel Wireless PROSet but this gave some weird errors while installing it Although it says it finished the install successfully there was no Intell Wireless PROSet installed nbsp anywhere on the laptop nbsp System settingsSystem ThinkPad W with two adjustmentsHard drive bay with SSD instead of CD-bay which has some flaws as well but that's for another topic Physical memory upgraded from nbsp GB to GBOS Microsoft Windows Home

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Use-ethernet-and-wifi-simultaneously/td-p/3460129