Windows Support Forum

APPCRASH When starting IE and Firefox, DNS Client Has Stopped Working, and Host Process (Rundll32) has stopped working Errors.

Q: APPCRASH When starting IE and Firefox, DNS Client Has Stopped Working, and Host Process (Rundll32) has stopped working Errors.

Hello All I m new to the site and after having been tasked to fix my girlfriends computer I m left scratching my head I don t know what she or her son did to this machine but everything I have tried has not worked So any help would be greatly appreciated Machine - Dell Inspriron INSP OS - Vista -bit SP Issues - Cannot start internet browsers outside of safe mode Every time I have tried I get an APPCRASH Error IE - Internet Explorer has stopped working Problem Signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name iexplore exe Application Version Application Timestamp d d Fault Module Name iexplore exe Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp d d Exception Code c Exception Offset d OS Version Locale ID Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Firefox Stopped stopped starting Process Client DNS Host Errors. IE and Working, APPCRASH working has Firefox, (Rundll32) Has and When - Firefox has Stopped Working Problem Signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name firefox exe Application Version Application Timestamp fda Fault Module Name firefox exe Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp fda Exception Code c Exception Offset b OS Version Locale ID Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe APPCRASH When starting IE and Firefox, DNS Client Has Stopped Working, and Host Process (Rundll32) has stopped working Errors. aaa d f Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f When trying to get into Control Panel gt Internet Options Windows host process Rundll has stopped working Problem Signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name rundll exe Application Version Application Timestamp b e Fault Module Name rundll APPCRASH When starting IE and Firefox, DNS Client Has Stopped Working, and Host Process (Rundll32) has stopped working Errors. exe Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp b e Exception Code c d Exception Offset a OS Version Locale ID Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Intermittently after logging in DNS Client has stopped working Hasn t happened since I APPCRASH When starting IE and Firefox, DNS Client Has Stopped Working, and Host Process (Rundll32) has stopped working Errors. ran AVG PC Tuneup I do not have a problem signature at this time Though I do remember the fault was in svchost exe DNS or something like that I will post it if it happens again What I ve done is install AVG Malwarebytes Spybot S amp D and AVG PC tuneup All have found problems And fixed some of them though I still cannot get online I have tried to do a startup repair without the Windows Disk but I cannot log in Any ideas or help you may have would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: APPCRASH When starting IE and Firefox, DNS Client Has Stopped Working, and Host Process (Rundll32) has stopped working Errors.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: APPCRASH When starting IE and Firefox, DNS Client Has Stopped Working, and Host Process (Rundll32) has stopped working Errors.

Here is the DNS client has stopped working error

DNS Client has stopped working

Problem Signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: svchost.exe_Dnscache
Application Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Application Timestamp: 47918b89
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18327
Fault Module Timestamp: 4cb73436
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000250fb
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.2
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 7373
Additional Information 2: 38d9ec761cde35dc7ff9a3014cbc1e9a
Additional Information 3: 007a
Additional Information 4: f2126b35ab5de9a1c961e83e18b5e24b

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/460265/appcrash-when-starting-ie-and-firefox-dns-client-has-stopped-working-and-host-process-rundll32-has-stopped-working-errors/
Relevancy 119.04%

i am getting the "rundll32 has stopped working" error whenever i try to open "Window Color and Appearance," "Theme," and "Display Settings"...for some reason when I turned on my laptop, the vista theme reverted back to classic windows and even the sidebar looks funny and i got the error as i tryed to open these to fix the appearance

what do i do?

A:Host Process Rundll32 has stopped working

i have the same problem,
here is my problem report-- hopefully someone can use that to help.
This all happened also when I was trying to change my appearance etc like rpdiddy

Problem signature
Application Name: rundll32.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Application Timestamp: 4549b0e1
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a7a6
Exception Offset: 00069bc0
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Additional Information 1: 2f7d
Additional Information 2: bcb0d7e5f2ebcd6ebbdbf5f862c65748
Additional Information 3: d067
Additional Information 4: 1bf7eb048175a022f1bd1ea5614e8f95

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/180732-host-process-rundll32-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 119.04%

Well I'm using Windows for a week and has stopped working Process Host Rundll32 the first two Host Process Rundll32 has stopped working days it was running without errors but i start to install all my programs and drivers for my mouse keyboard some games and other programs And now every single time i start my windows pass like minutes and pops up an error Host Process Rundll has stopped working I close the message and ok until the next restart or after a shut down the message come back Always at the initialization of the OS Problem signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name rundll exe Application Version Application Timestamp a bc Fault Module Name KERNELBASE dll Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp a bdbdf Exception Code eedfade Exception Offset b OS Version Locale ID Additional Information a e Additional Information a e d b ad b a e Additional Information a e Additional Information a e d b ad b a e Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Highlights - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt Its hard to uninstall every single program that i put in my pc to try to fix this wish this can have some faster way to find the solution

A:Host Process Rundll32 has stopped working

I have the EXACT same problem, and i hardly have anything installed.

Please help, it doesn't seem like my system is taking any damage, but it happens on every startup...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/22407-host-process-rundll32-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 119.04%

I have had this issue with flash player since May when they introduced Flash Player May Release with the new settings Manager that can be accessed from your own control panel However I have never been able to use because as soon as i click on it it crashes and causes an error host dll has stopped working I have tried all the obvious Solutions uninstall reinstall clear cache None of these have worked for me so I have kept digging and today I noticed that Clashplayer CPLApp that appears to control this new control panel settings manager has a weird has working stopped RUNDLL32 process Host location in properties relating to 'google chrome' On my other system XP I dont have this issue it works perfectly and the location of the file is C Windows system Google Chrome was loaded on the system when I got it it has never been used by me and now saya no up-to-date files So I havent changed anything there Flashplayer worked fine until May and I have always used IE on both XP and vista Vista makes me scratch my head until I have a bald patch Where has this google location come from and what can Host process RUNDLL32 has stopped working I do about it all suggestions welcomed Do I rename the location delete it uninstall chrome Thank you Host process RUNDLL32 has stopped working If you need any specific information please ask and I will Edit accordingly

A:Host process RUNDLL32 has stopped working

If you don't intend to use Google Chrome, just uninstall it.

I should mention there is now AFP 11.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/295018-host-process-rundll32-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 117.8%

Hi got a malware trojan problem Been trying to get rid of it but the problem still sticks around I'm running Windows Vista bit Downloaded something and ran it and the icon just disappeared I kind of know that was a malware or trojan of some sort I have Symantec AntiVirus on my computer The auto protection popped up and detected a W Virut CF and a bunch Packed Generic They were cleaned by deletion by Symantec From that point on Symantec would pop up every once in a while Windows working has process host (Rundll32) stopped saying Auto-Protect has found Packed Generic and performed action - cleaned by deletion Filename would be C Windows SericeProfiles LocalService AppData Local Temp VRTXXXX tmp where XXXX are alpha numerics that varies In addition when I open some directory or click on Mouse Pointers Theme Display Settings etc in Control Panel Personalization the following error would pop up - quot Windows host process Rundll has stopped working quot I googled around for that problem and some said they had that problem and it was caused by nero or their dvd rom or some cd burning software or some video editting software And usually the solution is to rename some ax files to something else That wasn't my problem as I tried it on three of my Nero related ax files I'm Windows host process (Rundll32) has stopped working kind of leaning towards the conclusion that it has something to do with the trojan or malware that my computer was infected with since the Rundll problem started to acting up since I got that W Virut CF Symantec full system scan didn't show anything Ad-AwareAE full system scan showed some cookies but didn't solve the problem described aboveMalwarebyte's Anti-Malware showed some Vundo and Trojan but were not related to the one I got because they were pointing to some install files for programs that I know Might have been just been suspicious on those files So I turned to HiJackThis and did a scan with a log Could anyone help me with this and see if anything in the log could be suspiciously related from the problem described above Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Unable to get Internet Explorer version Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Seagate SystemTray StxMenuMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus VPTray exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Windows system wermgr exeC Windows system conime exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox Beta firefox exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC Windows system DllHost exeR - URLSearchHook Yahoo u C - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Hosts localhostO - BHO WebThunderBHO - AAA-A - E-BEF - BB AA F - C Program Files Thunder Network WebThunder WebThunderBHO Now dll file missing O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dllO - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - Toolbar Yahoo u C - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yah... Read more

A:Windows host process (Rundll32) has stopped working

Hello and to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.-----------------------------------------------------------We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREKind regardsNet_Surfer

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/244636/windows-host-process-rundll32-has-stopped-working/
Relevancy 117.8%

I get the error message "Windows host process (Rundll32) has stopped working..." just after logging in. I am running Vista Home Premium 32-bit version. I also have uninstalled several programs via the control panel, but when I go to msconfig and look at the services and startup list, executables and services relating to these uninstalled programs are still on those lists. Also I just started getting the Rundll32 message after installing Vista Service Pack 1. Also, right after installing this service pack, winamp version 5.52 just stopped working and when i try to play a song, i get an error code 88780078. Any clues to a solution?

Thanks,
Holly1

A:Windows Host Process (rundll32) Has Stopped Working

Hello, holly1. to BleepingComputer.com!I would like to get a look at your event logs to help diagnose your issue. Please follow these instructions to send me the logs:Go to Start -> RunEnter "compmgmt.msc" (without quotes)Press enter or click Ok at the bottom of the Run prompt.You will be presented with a two pane window with a tree on the left side.
Expand the "Event Viewer" portion of the tree, by clicking the little plus sign next to "Event Viewer"When you have done that, right click each of the logs in the tree and choose "Save Log File As..."Save the file to your desktop with the filename of the log. (In other words, if the log is "Application" save it as Application)Go to Bill's File Upload Website, and upload each of your event logs.You can then delete the logs from your desktop.Hope we can get this fixed,Billy3

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/140728/windows-host-process-rundll32-has-stopped-working/
Relevancy 117.8%

hi this week ive got a weird error concerning about quot rundll exe quot and i have looked for solutions online but i cant find (Rundll32.exe) has stopped working windows process host the correct one everytime i open google chrome or ie it keeps popping up quot google chrome has windows host process (Rundll32.exe) has stopped working stopped working quot then after a few tries it will open and some programs i cant open too like games etc and some of those at the control panel sound security center i have Windows Vista SP and have it fully updated today but still have this problem any help will be appreciated thanks in advance guys Here are the logs DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer Run by user at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Program Files Fingerprint Sensor AtService exe C Windows system Ati evxx exe C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf f b STacSV exe C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system Ati evxx exe C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System WLTRYSVC EXE C Windows System bcmwltry exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf f b aestsrv exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE C Windows PixArt Pac Monitor exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe c Program Files Common Files Protexis License Service PsiService exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C Windows System WLTRAY EXE C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files YouSendIt Express YouSendIt exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BtStackServer exe C Users user AppData Local Temp kqpsuw exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows system atieclxx exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C Users user Desktop gmer exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com mStart Page hxxp search gboxapp com uProxyServer uProxyOverride local mSearchAssistant SEARCH URL IE uURLSearchHooks bf fa-e b - db -af e- d a bfc - lt orphaned gt uURLSearchHooks NCH EN Toolbar b -c - a -bda - ee c e - c program files nch en prxtbNCH dll mURLSearchHooks NCH EN Toolbar b -c - a -bda - ee c e - c program files nch en prxtbNCH dll BHO HP Print Clips F -DC - -A C- F D C - c program files hp smart web printing hpswp framework dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO DivX Plus Web Player HTML lt video gt E D- - FD- C - A F - c program files divx divx plus web player npdivx dll BHO NCH EN Toolbar b -c - a -bda - ... Read more

A:windows host process (Rundll32.exe) has stopped working

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===Please DownloadTDSSKiller.zip>>> Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application.Click on the Start Scan button and wait for the scan and disinfection process to be over.If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue
If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue
If you are asked to reboot the computer to complete the process, click on the Reboot Now button. A report will be automatically saved at the root of the System drive ((usually C:\) in the form of "TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt" (for example, C:\TDSSKiller.2.2.0_20.12.2009_15.31.43_log.txt). Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.If no reboot is required, click on Report. A log file will appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.Download http://public.avast.com/~gmerek/aswMBR.exe (aswMBR.exe) to your desktop. Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it Click the "Scan" button to start scan. Upon completion of the scan, click Save log, and save it to your desktop. (Note - do not select any Fix at this time) <- IMPORTANTPlease post the contents of that log in your next reply.There shall also be a file on your desktop named MBR.dat. Right click that file and select Send To>Compressed (zipped) folder. Please attach that zipped file in your next reply.===Please post the logs for my review.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/474151/windows-host-process-rundll32exe-has-stopped-working/
Relevancy 117.8%

Hello, I run Vista home premium 32 bit. Lately my computer has been running really slow so at first I thought it was a virus and ran various virus and malware removal programs, still didn't fix the problem. I also ran some registry cleaners which I think may have caused this problem. When I click on Mouse in the control panel I get this error "Unable to connect to the synaptics point device driver" and then I get another error saying "Windows host process (Rundll32) has stopped working", as in the title. Can anyone help me with this? By the way, I figured out that the problem was I had Mysqld.exe on my computer which I don't need, so I don't use that anymore.

Try a system restore from a time before the problem.
System Restore - How to[11]=Backup Restore

If you cannot use that method try this:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...torial142.html

If that does not work

You may want to try a repair install.
Repair Install For Vista

Run it through a couple of times, it should work.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/268207-windows-host-process-rundll32-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 117.8%

hello,

I recently downloaded a music editing software called Sony Acid Pro 7, the downloading process was simple. But when i try and open the program it pops up and freezes and the error message reads 'Windows host process Rundll32 has stopped working', it never opens. I have tried deleting and re downloading it three times. This program is very expensive, it would be a shame to have to return this, i was so excited about starting up my dream in music production. No clue what this could be. Any ideas? Help would be much appreciated, Thank You.

Please help. Someone. Any ideas or information could help me.

Lisa

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-host-process-rundll32-has-stopped-working.909663/
Relevancy 117.8%

Hi everyone! I hope someone can help me out there. I just installed Vista Ultimate and when I open a file that contains video files (.mpg, .wmv, etc) I get hundreds of error messages (Windows host process (Rundll32) has stopped working) when Vista loads the individual large video icons. Thanks in advance for anyone out there who might could shed some light on this problem. It is driving me crazy!

A:Windows Host Process (rundll32) Has Stopped Working

I'm sure its not the right answer but when mine did the same thing I found that minimizing the window (so not all of the vids were not opening at the same time) it wouldn't cause the rundll32 thinging to pop up, it seemed like to me it overloaded rundll32 when it tried to open the whole folder at once..?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/98194/windows-host-process-rundll32-has-stopped-working/
Relevancy 117.8%

Windows host process (Rundll32) has stopped working on a server 2012 R2 (game server) just used to host games. Nothing production on valuable. Prior to researching the issue I did run malwarebytes which did find and remove some threats (both file and registry). Any help is appreciated.

Hello  cuzzinc, Welcome to Bleeping Computer.
My name is fireman4it and I will be helping you with your Malware problem.

Please take note of some guidelines for this fix:
Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools.
   If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing.
   Even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean".
In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Follow This Topic.I suggest you click it and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Follow This Topic. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.

Finally, please reply using the Post  button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply, unless they do not fit into the post.
  I will be analyzing your log. I will get back to you with instructions.   Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.Please copy and paste log back here.The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/599175/windows-host-process-rundll32-has-stopped-working/
Relevancy 117.8%

I keep on getting this error every once a while..I noticed it keeps un poping when I close apps like for ex. hypercam and some other apps.I did screenshot about the error and screenshot in event viewer:
What could cause this and how to fix it?

A:windows host process rundll32 has stopped working?

Hello Papparazzo now I would be inclined to run these for starters

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html < use the /f and /r options in Option 2 ifnecessary

http://www.superantispyware.com/

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

download from bleeping computer ? delete any rubbishthese find.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/350813-windows-host-process-rundll32-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 117.8%

Hello -

"Windows Host process (Rundll32) has stopped working" keeps popping up on my screen.  I tried to run the "DDS" program for log files, but it does not complete.  Tried downloading and running it 3 times.

Please advise on how I can run the DDS in order to provide the log files.

A:Windows Host Process (Rundll32) has stopped working

Anyone ??????? ........... Bueller ...????
hehe

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541528/windows-host-process-rundll32-has-stopped-working/
Relevancy 117.8%

Hello guys i'm new to the forum! I have been having this message pop up every 20 minutes or so randomly... i have tried changing thumbnails, cmd scan now and deleting any downloads i have recently done but nothing seems to be working? if you could help me that would be great thanks!

A:Windows host process rundll32 has stopped working?

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  When  FileHippo opens, click on Download latest version in the upper right pane.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
• List Minidump Files

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, copy it and paste it in your next post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/556242/windows-host-process-rundll32-has-stopped-working/
Relevancy 117.8%

So, every time I boot up and login to my laptop it says that the "Windows host process (Rundll32) has stopped working."
Is there a way to fix this?

Problem signature:
Application Version: 6.1.7600.16385
Application Timestamp: 4a5bc9e0
Fault Module Name: DBACSU.dll
Fault Module Version: 1.0.3.3
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ce105e5
Exception Offset: 0000000000002208
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Additional Information 1: 1a97
Additional Information 2: 1a97dd67badbad63de2084402fc1e018
Additional Information 3: 11a6
Additional Information 4: 11a6b6e4a3bbad8fb207882bee264224

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 8139 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M, -3072 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 476837 MB, Free - 394786 MB;
Motherboard: Alienware, M14xR1
Antivirus: Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 2012, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

You seem to be having trouble with a Creative Audio Product.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-host-process-rundll32-has-stopped-working.1025036/
Relevancy 117.8%

I was wondering if you guys could help me out. I've done a little research and couldn't find a solution on my own. Any help would be appreciated.

I have recently formatted my HDD, and reinstalled Windows 7 x64 Ultimate.

I now get an error a few times per day.

Windows host process (Rundll32) has stopped working.

Application Version: 6.1.7600.16385
Application Timestamp: 4a5bc637
Fault Module Name: nvd3dum.dll
Fault Module Version: 10.18.13.5582
Fault Module Timestamp: 55dc6c29
Exception Offset: 007323eb
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

A:Windows host process (Rundll32) has stopped working.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post. 
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/590740/windows-host-process-rundll32-has-stopped-working/
Relevancy 117.8%

hi

im a complete novice at computers and im hoping somebody could help me with a few problems im having.

i have a windows vista home premium laptop which has a program called synaptics pointing device driver installed that disables my touchpad when i plug in a USB mouse.

a few months ago, i suddenly started getting this error message where it says "windows host process (Rundll32) has stopped working" when i try to access my mouse icon in the control panel. but first i get this error message saying to uninstall the driver or something. i dont know

i have attached a screenshot of both the error messages to give a better idea. hehe, as i said, i really dont have any idea what im supposed to do or what i have done!!

if anybody could help me, i'd really appreciate it! thanx!

p.s. this is just one of my problems, i have another one too!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-host-process-rundll32-stopped-working-303118.html
Relevancy 117.8%

Everytime I'm playing a game or I log back on my laptop (Acer Aspire 5610Z, SP1 Vista Home Premium).

I get this message:

Windows host process (Rundll32) has stopped working

I do not know why I get this.

And for the love of god I DO NOT HAVE "NERO" on my laptop because people say nero causes it.

hello
check the properties of the Rundll32 file and see if it is the same size as mine (see attached)
if its smaller than mine it is bad & needs to be replaced..... post back with your findings....good luck

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/274863-windows-host-process-rundll32-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 117.8%

i am sure you all have heard that a million times ,it is all over the Internet , this pops every time i start up , and when i try to access the control panel to do manual , cleaning and performance work , it has me locked out of some places in my pc ,i have tried everything that's on the Internet except rebooting the original program disc , and i don't want to go through all trouble of replacing everything , some of it can't be replaced ..

so how do you fix it ?

A:windows host process rundll32 has stopped working ..?

hi try this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-host-process-rundll32-has-stopped-working-348958.html
Relevancy 117.8%

Hi,

Basically when I open any folders on my Laptop that contain video files (the ones I have are .MPG videos... I get the error message pop up: Windows host process (Rundll32) has stopped working.

Sometimes 1 box opens... sometimes it's 10, getting annoying now.

Oh and by the way, I don't have nero on my Laptop and never have. I have done searches on the net for a solution but all the solutions involve nero, which I don't have.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-host-process-rundll32-has-stopped-working.723397/
Relevancy 117.8%

I am running vista and get this error when I close ie9

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Basic, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 450 @ 2.20GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 22 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 2036 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family, 320 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 294955 MB, Free - 109378 MB; D: Total - 10239 MB, Free - 5359 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0RY007
Antivirus: AVG Internet Security 2013, Updated and Enabled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-host-process-rundll32-has-stopped-working.1129965/
Relevancy 116.56%

Okay so I ve been an unhappy user of Windows Vista for nearly two years now Aside stopped working; has Desperate! Host (rundll32) Process Windows from having to put up with a disk check every time I boot up my computer anybody know why this is the worst problem is MY COMPUTER HAS NO SOUND The speakers work fine that I know It beeps every time there is an error which is ALOT I have tried to reactivate windows sound Windows Host Process (rundll32) has stopped working; Desperate! service on my computer but every single time I try it comes up with an error The infamous Windows host process rundll has stopped working This has been this way for about four months now and I m really put up with it My dad the administrator of the computer doesn t give a expletive about how poorly our computer runs and whenever I try to fiddle around with it he won t even type in the admin password for stuff Well I finally figured the password out so access to any part of the computer is open to me but anything that I have to pay for is not I can t pay to install any of that amazing quot just press this quot software such as Regcure because I don t have paypal or anything I have tried that thing where you go to msconfig and manually check and see which program is causing the problem that process where you have to restart your computer dozen times and it doesn t have anything to do with any of those programs It has nothing to do with Nero That isn t installed on the computer I have not read about anyone online who has the same exact situation I have the sound doesn t work cause of the bug so I m really hoping I can find somebody who can help me out here I seriously need the help I can t do this by myself But step-by-step instructions would be appreciated Thank you P S - My computer is an HP Pavillion dv the biggest piece of crap computer I have ever owned nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-host-process-rundll32-has-stopped-working-desperate.816505/
Relevancy 116.56%

Okay Host (Rundll32) Desperate has working: for Process Windows stopped help! so I've been an unhappy user of Windows Vista for nearly two years now Aside from having to put up with a disk check every time I boot up my computer anybody know why this is the worst problem is MY COMPUTER HAS NO SOUND The speakers work fine that I know It beeps every time there is an error which is ALOT I have tried Windows Host Process (Rundll32) has stopped working: Desperate for help! to reactivate windows sound service on my computer but every single time I try it comes up with an error The infamous Windows host process rundll has stopped working This has been this way for about four months now and I'm really put up with it My dad the administrator of the computer doesn't give a expletive about how poorly our computer runs and whenever I try to fiddle around with it he won't even type in the admin password for stuff Well I finally figured the password out so access to any part of the computer is open to me but anything that I have to pay for is not I can't pay to install any of that amazing quot just press this quot software such as Regcure because I don't have paypal or anything I have tried that thing where you go to 'msconfig' and manually check and see which program is causing the problem that process where you have to restart your computer dozen times and it doesn't have anything to do with any of those programs It has nothing to do with Nero That isn't installed on the computer I have not read about anyone online who has the same exact situation I have the sound doesn't work cause of the bug so I'm really hoping I can find somebody who can help me out here I seriously need the help I can't do this by myself But step-by-step instructions would be appreciated Thank you P S - My computer is an HP Pavillion dv the biggest piece of crap computer I have ever owned

A:Windows Host Process (Rundll32) has stopped working: Desperate for help!

Go to Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Task Scheduler. Look for any disk diagnostic schedules which are set to run when the computer starts up. I had the same problem on my mahcine but I ended up reinstalling Vista so not sure whether this will work.

As for your sound try the HP website for the latest drivers for your model.
\
Good luck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-host-process-rundll32-has-stopped-working-desperate-for-help-364111.html
Relevancy 114.08%

Hi everyone Every time I try to open the security center in Windows Vista Home Premium updated I get a pop up with the message quot Windows host process Rundll has stopped working quot I ve googled for many hours in search for a solution but none of the common ones worked for me also I made a search in this forum but once again no luck So far I know this - I don t have Nero installed - I don t have any problem with the security center host working stopped (Rundll32) Windows process has opening when thumbnails - I disabled -with msconfig- all the non-Microsoft services and most of the Microsoft ones except for the essentials to run the error reporting service and the security center service and it didn t work - It seems that this is the only action that causes the error as I don t have problems with explorer other control panel elements or videos images - I made a scan with nod last version updated and with spybot but it was clean - RealPlayer was installed in this computer version no other players or codecs have been installed - A user reported in other forum a similar problem when Norton was unistalled and I know that Norton unknown version perhaps also was uninstalled from this computer too - I ran CCleaner and jv PowerTools last version for both but the problem Windows host process (Rundll32) has stopped working when opening security center persists Unfortunately I can t tell when did the error begin because the computer belongs to my mom also for the same reason I can t reinstall Windows The computer is a HP Pavilion Elite m la Desktop PC the complete error message is shown below Windows host process Rundll has stopped working Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name rundll exe Application Version Application Timestamp b e Fault Module Name StackHash Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp Exception Code c Exception Offset b f OS Version Locale ID Additional Information Additional Information db e c d b ae Additional Information Additional Information fa ef d bdca e af d ae e I know Windows host process (Rundll32) has stopped working when opening security center this is a though one but any help will be appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-host-process-rundll32-has-stopped-working-when-opening-security-center.676091/
Relevancy 114.08%

Hi I have a Sony VAIO VGN-SR E laptop computer purchassed in December I have Windows Vista Service Pack installed and I have most of the updates installed--save for IE and the Microsoft Office SP that was released a month or so ago Anyway In Windows Process To Rundll32 When Settings Speech Has Host Stopped Text Working I use screen-reading software I am blind and at times I need Windows Host Process Rundll32 Has Stopped Working When In Text To Speech Settings to change the system s text-to-speech voice for use with certain aplications mainly the accessible iPod feature in iTunes which uses the system s text-to-speech voice to generate spoken menus for the iPod and for the last few months I have been unable to do anything in the control pannel gt text to speech settings I have three SAPI voices installed on my system but none Windows Host Process Rundll32 Has Stopped Working When In Text To Speech Settings of them show up in the voice selection combo box When I click the voice selection settings button I get this error message quot Windows host process Rundll has stopped working Windows is checking for a solution to the problem quot My only option is to close the message and then I end up back n the control pannel I have looked on Google for general rundll errors and most of the forum topics I have found surround video software and such with Vista In the c windows winsxs folder I have two files with names that include quot rundll quot starting with quot x microsoft-windows-rundll quot I have tried disabling all non-Microsoft startups and restarting the computer but the problem still exists Does anyone have any ideas what programs may be causing me this error and how I might go about fixing it From talking with other users who are blind I am not the only person experiencing this problem with the Windows TTS system Thank you Michael nbsp

A:Windows Host Process Rundll32 Has Stopped Working When In Text To Speech Settings

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-host-process-rundll32-has-stopped-working-when-in-text-to-speech-settings.846599/
Relevancy 106.02%

Hey everyone,

When i try to run movieclips i get the message "Windows Host process "RunDLL32" has stopped working.

Should i just ignore this message considering the fact that the movieclip still play, or is there a way to fix it.

i can post a hijackthis logfile if need be, also please let me know if you require me to post "silent scanner" logfile

Yours faithfully

Darren u.k
Windows Vista - Home Premium
Service pack 2
manufacturer: Emachines
Model: E4212
Inter Pentium D CPU 2.80GHz 2.79GHz
Ram 1.00GB
32 Bit Op System

Relevancy 106.02%

Well I feel pretty stupid right now Recently I was moving a bunch of files onto a new hard drive when my system would try to load the thumbnails of some I would get the error in the subject and so assumed the file was corrupt and Windows Variation has (Rundll32) "host stopped process A of working" Minor deleted it later downloading a fresh copy The fresh copies however give me the same error which of course restarts explorer The files themselves have worked before and are from reasonably Windows A Minor Variation of "host process (Rundll32) has stopped working" reputable sites I doubt they're the issue It occurred to me that when this error would occur the little Matroska symbol would be flashing like mad and after posting on another forum decided my best bet would be to uninstall the codec pack with Matroska Unfortunately I believe I did the exact opposite of what I wanted to I may have uninstalled every codec except ffdshow matroska haali splitter etc as the error was still present after the restart but Windows A Minor Variation of "host process (Rundll32) has stopped working" the folder was empty The only difference seems to be that explorer just restarts without the error message

A:Windows A Minor Variation of "host process (Rundll32) has stopped working"

Exactly what are the system specs and do you have a Vista disk.

You may need to run the system file checker and it could require the system disk.

In regards to your immediate issue I would recommend doing a system restore to a day prior to this event so that it can be undone and then we can look into it further and possibly determine what the issue is.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-a-minor-variation-of-host-process-rundll32-has-stopped-working-505977.html
Relevancy 99.51%

**Sigh**

So, as of yesterday I've had this issue when using Firefox. I open my hotmail account and create a new email, blah blah blah, but when I go to attach a file (select it, press attach etc.) it starts to upload then I get this error message:

"Windows host program (rundll32) has stopped working"

I let it search for a solution but nothing turns up and instead the program closes. I use Vista, and this is the first time I've had issues with attaching files. I've been searching for solutions but found nothing but those concerning a missing rundll32 file altogether.

I don't like it... I don't like it at all...

HELP please

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-host-program-rundll32-has-stopped-working.841603/
Relevancy 99.2%

it doesn't happen everytime i close these 2 applications but it happens most of the times. i usually use firefox and it is the one that gives me appcrash thing after i close them.

i usually get the same error whenever i close ie7. today i got a new one for Printer Communications System that has stopped working. I have a Lexmark Laser E120 and Windows Vista Bussiness installed.

please help cause it is annoying..

A:ie7 and firefox appcrash (has stopped working) after closing

oh often i also get another crash like this saying Machine Debug Manager has stopped working MDM.exe ....
weird things happening in Vista!! hehe

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/ie7-and-firefox-appcrash-has-stopped-working-after-closing-191731.html
Relevancy 98.58%

Hey I was wondering if anyone could help me I have been having a lot of issues with my computer and using the internet I keep getting messages such as windows explorer has stopped working and Host process for windows services stopped working I haven t been able to stream services for Host stopped Windows / working explorer process stopped has windows videos with the exception of youtube download certain programs and browsing sites is slow I remember my computer being fine until a window update but I don t know if that s a coincidence or not I have tired uninstalling windows explorer and system restore to no avail I would really appreciate any help or Windows explorer has stopped working / Host process for windows services stopped advice Here is a report for one of the error messages I received Description A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows Problem signature Problem Event Name AppHangXProcB Application Name iexplore exe Application Version Application Timestamp cf Hang Signature Hang Type Waiting on Application Name iexplore exe Waiting on Application Version OS Version Locale ID Additional Hang Signature a d f b ae b adee Additional Hang Signature e Additional Hang Signature e ab c eaf fc a fd Additional Hang Signature Additional Hang Signature a d Windows explorer has stopped working / Host process for windows services stopped f b ae b adee Additional Hang Signature e Additional Hang Signature e ab c eaf fc a fd

A:Windows explorer has stopped working / Host process for windows services stopped

Do things get better if you boot into Safe Mode with Networking?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508582/windows-explorer-has-stopped-working-host-process-for-windows-services-stopped/
Relevancy 98.27%

Hi I am having problems with my Sony VAIO stopped Host working process laptop computer with Windows Vista I have seen this problem described in some Host process stopped working threads in forums but none that are exactly as my problem Whenever i start it up everything works as it should for a couple of minutes Then the problems begin First i get an error message box saying that the quot Host service stopped working quot and that i will get notified when a solution is available After this error message i can not install any new programs i just get the message that the quot Pipe state is invalid quot Also after the error i am unable to launch most programs When i try to save files for instance an image in Paint Shop Pro i have to wait for up to minutes before i can save it and during this freeze - Explorer is quot not responding quot Then explorer usually comes around and i can save files My poker program doesn t save my history to the hard drive after the error has occurred I don t know if this is related to some malware program named quot CMDS quot - since i had an error message about that a few months ago but Spybot S amp D took care of that malware Or so i thought since i can still see that process running when i start msconfig which i can only start before the quot Host service quot error occurs I have browsed many forums and asked everyone i know - but to no avail I would be very grateful for any piece of advice as to how i might solve this issue so that my dear laptop becomes fully operational again Best wishes Stefan nbsp

Relevancy 98.27%

I have a fairly new notebook running Vista Business and connected to a home network wirelessly The notebook is in the room adjacent to the router and signal strength is quot excellent quot it is configured to automatically log on the network on bootup Here is the problem Whever the notebook is booted I always get an error message at the end of the sequence saying quot Host Process has Stopped Working quot I click to close the box and everything seems to work OK except there is no wireless connection A red cross on the taskbar I have to manually open that Working Process Host Stopped icon and get a Host Process Stopped Working message that Windows can t find any network If I go though the diagnose and repair process it tells me that the wireless network is turned off Host Process Stopped Working I turn it on and it connects Not sure why I suspect my son has played around with some of the settings in startup programmes but can t be sure I wouldn t know what is supposed to be enabled or not It seems like user error on my part but if anyone can assist in rectifying this I d be very appreciative Thanks nbsp

A:Host Process Stopped Working

Can anyone assist - please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/host-process-stopped-working.711732/
Relevancy 98.27%

I am getting a "Host process for Windows Services has stopped working" message and can't make it go away.

Event viewer -
A corrected hardware error occurred.
Error Source: Corrected Machine Check
Error Type: Memory Hierarchy Error
Processor ID Valid: Yes
Processor ID: 0x0
Bank Number: 4
Transaction Type: Generic
Processor Participation: N/A
Request Type: Evict
Memory/Io: N/A
Memory Hierarchy Level: Generic
Timeout: N/A

Log Name: System
Source: Whea-Logger
Event ID: 19

Thats pretty much all the information i got. but if someone can direct me in what direction to take it would be most appreciated.

A:Host process has stopped working..

Hello,

The problem you are having is due to a compatibility conflict with Vista.

So first you nee dto find out what program is causing the error.

Click on Start, then control panel, and then Administrative Tools or System Maintence depending if you are on classic view or not. Depending on your view you should see a link that says view event logs or double click it. From this list, you will see items marked with X's and warning messages. These items are the program problems. What ever program is on this list you should search for an update for that program and that should take care of it.

If not let me know.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/host-process-has-stopped-working.855814/
Relevancy 98.27%

I m running Vista Ultimate bit Service Pack E processor GB memory About a week ago I had a virus sorry but I don t remember which one it was I think it was HDD but I was able Stopped Working Has Host Process to get Host Process Has Stopped Working rid of it After I did I started receiving the following windows message Host Process for Windows Services has stopped working It appears the the svchost exe file is what they re referring to I ve scanned the file for a virus but it appears to be clean I don t necessarily have to be doing anything for it to Host Process Has Stopped Working happen either I may have been working on the computer and the left it for some period of time idle and come back and the message is there At times I get the dreaded blue screen too all since the virus was removed I did boot from the Vista installation disk and run the program to check for problems but it came back clean Suggestions Problem Details Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name svchost exee Application Version Application Timestamp b Fault Module Name ntdll dll Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp a a Exception Code c Exception Offset OS Version Local ID Additional Information a d Additional Information c c c b e d b aebf b ec Additional Information d Additional Information d d df a ddc b eee e d I see upon my return that I have it again some of the info is different The computer had been idle for about hrs Problem Details Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name svchost exe Application Version Application Timestamp b Fault Module Name ntdll dll Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp a a Exception Code c b Exception Offset ed OS Version Local ID Additional Information e Additional Information b b b e ce Additional Information e Additional Information b b b e ce I noticed others were posting info from DDS this is the info it produced hopefully it may assist I did notice this at the very end of the report doesn t sound good or maybe it is detected hooks user kernel MBR sectors user kernel Warning possible TDL rootkit infection TDL rootkit infection detected Use quot mbr exe -f quot to fix DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by temp at on Wed Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate GMT - AV ESET Smart Security Enabled Outdated CB F - -BA - E- B A AV Norton Premier Edition Enabled Updated C A - C B- F C- B B- FCCFDC SP ESET Smart Security Enabled Outdated E - B-B - E- FF EF B SP Windows Defender Enabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Norton Premier Edition Enabled Updated A BBD -AA - A - B- B EB B E FW ESET Personal firewall Enabled F - E-BB - D -CDB BB DE FW Norton Premier Edition Enabled B F DB -C - E - D - C F F E Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security egui exe C Program Files Common Files aol ee aolsoftware exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security ekrn exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Norton Premier Edition Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system PSIService exe C Prog... Read more

A:Host Process Has Stopped Working

You seem to be running ESET Smart Security and Symantec Norton together on your computer. Never install more than one antivirus on a computer.

Unless your ESET subscription has expired, I would uninstall Norton with the Norton Removal Tool.

I'm not an expert with the Stealth MBR rootkit/Mebroot/Sinowal/TDL4 detector 0.4.2 by Gmer, but it does mention a possible TDL4 rootkit infection.

Please click on Report and kindly ask to be moved to the Virus & Other Malware Removal forum. Be sure to provide the appropriate reports in that forum after reading THIS. From there, be patient. You should get an answer within the next 48 hours. Those guys are really busy!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/host-process-has-stopped-working.968759/
Relevancy 98.27%

I m running Vista Ultimate bit Service Pack E processor GB Process Has Stopped Host Working memory About a week ago I had a virus sorry but I don t remember which one it was I think it was HDD but I was Host Process Has Stopped Working able to get rid of it After I did I started receiving the following windows message Host Process for Windows Services has stopped working It appears the the svchost exe file is what they re referring to I ve scanned the file for a virus but it appears to be clean I don t necessarily have to be doing anything for it to happen either I may have been working on the computer and the left it for some period of time idle and come back and the message is there At times I get the dreaded blue screen too all since the virus was removed I did boot from the Vista disk and run the program to check for problem but it came back clean Suggestions Problem Details Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name svchost exee Application Version Application Timestamp b Fault Module Name ntdll dll Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp a a Exception Code c Exception Offset OS Version Local ID Additional Information a d Additional Information c c c b e d b aebf b ec Additional Information d Additional Information d d df a ddc b eee e d I see upon my return that I have it again some of the info is different The computer had been idle for about hrs Problem Details Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name svchost exe Application Version Application Timestamp b Fault Module Name ntdll dll Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp a a Exception Code c b Exception Offset ed OS Version Local ID Additional Information e Additional Information b b b e ce Additional Information e Additional Information b b b e ce I noticed others were posting info from DDS so I search this site and found it this is the info it produced hopefully it may assist I did notice this at the very end of the report doesn t sound good or maybe it is detected hooks user kernel MBR sectors user kernel Warning possible TDL rootkit infection TDL rootkit infection detected Use quot mbr exe -f quot to fix DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by temp at on Wed Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate GMT - AV ESET Smart Security Enabled Outdated CB F - -BA - E- B A AV Norton Premier Edition Enabled Updated C A - C B- F C- B B- FCCFDC SP ESET Smart Security Enabled Outdated E - B-B - E- FF EF B SP Windows Defender Enabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Norton Premier Edition Enabled Updated A BBD -AA - A - B- B EB B E FW ESET Personal firewall Enabled F - E-BB - D -CDB BB DE FW Norton Premier Edition Enabled B F DB -C - E - D - C F F E Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security egui exe C Program Files Common Files aol ee aolsoftware exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security ekrn exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Norton Premier Edition Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system PSIService exe C Program Files Co... Read more

A:Host Process Has Stopped Working

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review your topic an do their best to resolve your issues.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logCasey

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/367444/host-process-has-stopped-working/
Relevancy 97.03%

This issue has only been occurring for a day. I have done spyware/virus scans for the past 10 hours and have removed several trojans, but the problem still seems to persist. Windows auto suggest that I receive the latest updates (which I don't think is the problem, my updates are very recent). However, when trying to use Windows Update I get error 80072efd, a connection issue from what I've read, and I suspect a culprit....seeing as my firewall has never caused any problems, and I even disabled it to test this.Also I have several copies of svchost.exe in my task manager, which I find suspicious. Full Screen PictureWould very much appreciate if someone helped me get rid of this annoyance edit: I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium SP2

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/337305/host-process-for-windows-stopped-working/
Relevancy 97.03%

I have seen a number of posts diagnosing this issue however they seem specific for each user so I thought I should ask for has for Windows Host Process Stopped Working help specifically for me I get this message periodically once every day or two but there does not seems to be any problems associated with it I do have a couple issues that may or may not be part of it One is that I periodically lose network connection from my Ethernet connection The computer icons in the task bar seem to Host Process for Windows has Stopped Working be still showing communication but Host Process for Windows has Stopped Working the Networking and Sharing page shows limited connection to the router and no connection to the internet My router is still working however since I can use WiFi on another device I end up having to restart the computer to get the connection back Another issue I have is this message in the Event Viewer The Host Process for Windows has Stopped Working master browser has received a server announcement from the computer MYNETN that believes that it is the master browser for the domain on transport NetBT Tcpip A E - A - F - A-BE DBA The master browser is stopping or an election is being forced The latter issue is a real pain the previous one - not so much br br I am running Vista Home Premium bit with Service Pack installed br br Thanks for your help br br Doug br div div p class 'edit' strong Edited by Queen-Evie June - PM strong br span class 'reason' moved from Windows Vista to Crashes BSOD span p div script type 'text javascript' ipb global registerReputation 'rep post ' domLikeStripId 'like post ' app 'forums' type 'pid' typeid ' ' parseInt '' script ul id 'postControlsNormal ' class 'post controls clear clearfix' li class 'top' a href ' ipboard body' class 'top' title ' img src http www bleepstatic com skin images bc post top png Back to top' img src http www bleepstatic com skin images bc post top png Back to top a li ul div div div hr div class 'post block hentry clear' id 'post id ' div class 'post wrap' h font color ca BC AdBot Login to Remove font h div class 'author info' ul class basic info li class 'avatar' img src http www bleepstatic com images site forum bots bot jpg class ipsUserPhoto ipsUserPhoto large li li class group title BleepingComputer com li li class group title a href http www bleepingcomputer com forums index php app core module global section register target blank Register to remove ads a ul div style 'margin auto ' div div div class 'post body' div class 'post entry-content ' div align center style padding px px px px script type text javascript -- google ad client ca-pub- Forums - Topics inTopics google ad slot google ad width google ad height -- script script type text javascript src pagead googlesyndication com pagead show ads js script p nbsp p div div div div div hr script type text javascript var pid parseInt if pid ipb topic topPid ipb topic topPid pid Show multiquote for JS browsers if 'multiq ' 'multiq ' show if 'toggle post ' 'toggle post ' show Add perm data ipb topic deletePerms 'canDelete' 'canSoftDelete' script --post -- div class 'post block hentry clear clearfix ' id 'post id ' a id 'entry ' a div class 'post wrap' h class 'row ' span class 'post id right ipsType small desc blend links' a itemprop replyToUrl data-entry-pid ' ' href 'http www bleepingcomputer com forums t host-process-for-windows-has-stopped-working entry ' rel 'bookmark' title 'Host Process for Windows has Stopped Working post ' img src 'http www bleepingcomputer com forums public style images master icon share png' class 'small' title 'Host Process for Windows has Stopped Working post ' a span span itemprop creator name class author vcard DBBBleeping span h div class 'author info' div itemscope itemtype http schema org Person class 'user details' span class 'hide' itemprop name DBBBleeping span ul class 'basic info' li class 'title' span class ipsBadge style background green Topic Starter span li br li class 'ava... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/577045/host-process-for-windows-has-stopped-working/
Relevancy 97.03%

Problem signature:
Application Name: svchost.exe
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18005
Fault Module Timestamp: 49e03821
Exception Code: c000071b
Exception Offset: 000888f5
Additional Information 1: 0e02
Additional Information 2: b21b56b606e7544720668ce364087082
Additional Information 3: 0e02
Additional Information 4: b21b56b606e7544720668ce364087082

can someone please help me with this certain programs on my computer arent working right or arent working because of this....does this have something to do with windows updates?

A:Host Process has stopped working svchost.exe

Please post the information asked for in this post:
http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

I understand that you haven't mentioned a BSOD problem - but the information from the reports will assist us in troubleshooting your problem(s).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/host-process-has-stopped-working-svchost-exe-508342.html
Relevancy 97.03%

"Host process stopped working and has been closed" keeps coming up and my internet isn't working. is there anythign i can do. i looked up a few forums, uninstalled ATI catalyst converter and tried to download windows BITS, however it wasnt needed. i checked control panel and there were a lot of error messages but i dont know what to do about it. Is there anything else i can do?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/host-process-stopped-working-and-has-been-closed.929500/
Relevancy 97.03%

I keep getting the error quot Host Process Has Stopped Working quot Process Host Has Working Stopped Solved: It seems to happen when I connect to the internet I know it is a very common problem and I ve spent the last two days trying to sort the problem out before bothering you guys by researching on the internet but had no success I hope I ve included everything you need below Any help would be greatly appreciated Reports below I get the following error report EventData svchost exe b unknown c cd c cafa d d c I m running Vista Home Version Service Pack -bit I ve run the Process Explorer Solved: Host Process Has Stopped Working programme and the svchost exe file is not running with any non-MS applications I ve updated all drivers on my laptop Solved: Host Process Has Stopped Working I ve run msconfig exe but cannot pinpoint exactly what application is not compatible with the the new service pack I have run HijackThis and this is what it came out with Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C Program Files Vodafone Vodafone Mobile Connect Bin MobileConnect exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Windows system mmc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil e exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en gb amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en gb amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO NCO IE BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - no file O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar no name - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - no file O - HKLM Run QlbCtrl ProgramFiles Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe Start O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NvM... Read more

Relevancy 97.03%

I had to restore my Internet Explorer because I had accidentially added Internet Explorer 8 to my computer (apparently not recommended for VISTA ) AND NOW even though I am connected to the INTERNET I have a red x telling me that my host process has been turned off.. I am trying to turn it back on but have no idea on how it got turned off in the first place
I have a Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop and am running Vista Basic

A:host process stopped working and has closed

Hi there

We're going to need to find out more about what's causing this error. To do so, you're going to have to go into the Event Log and mark down any errors you see marked with a red X. Since the same error can occur over and over again, you don't have to write every time down. Just note what kinds of errors you see and come back to let us know.

Follow the instructions HERE to learn more about how to do this.

You said you restored. By that do you mean that you reinstalled IE7 by deleting IE8 first? or did you do a system Restore using Window's System tool ?

Why didn't you like IE8 ? It works just fine on Vista as long as you have SP1 installed. Reinstalling it will probably fix your problem.

If anything, all the new fixes Microsoft adds to every version of their browser are essential in keeping your computer secure, so you'll want to eventually have the newest version anyway.

Also, have you considered using a different browser? Maybe Firefox or Opera ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/host-process-stopped-working-and-has-closed.816484/
Relevancy 97.03%

Hi,

I am posting on behalf of my girlfriend as the problem she is having has interfered with her Internet connection.

She keeps getting the error message "Host Process for Windows has stopped working and was closed." I have no idea what the problem is, ever since she got this she hasn't been able to access the Internet and her safe mode won't work either. My Internet works fine and we are using the same wireless router so we know the router isn't the problem.

I took a look at her event logs and read the following info;

Faulting application: svchost.exe
Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0.00000005
Fault offset: 0x0001624b
Process ID: 0x1308
Application start time: 0x01cb7e88c18acb98

Can anyone help please?

Thanks!

A:Host Process for Windows has stopped working...

Hello MrJay,

On the Computer with the Problem could you please Run the Attached File at the End of this thread as Administrator

Please see Network Posting Tips For More Information

This Should Restore the Hosts File

Also Could you please upload a Picture of the IP Config for the Computer which is having this Problem

Hope This Helps,
Josh

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/284828-host-process-windows-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 97.03%

So I keep getting this problem where Windows Host Process stops working, followed very quickly by windows audio service.

Exact Message: Host Process for Windows Services stopped working and was closed. A problem caused the application to stop working correctly. Windows will notify you if a solution is available.

I have a Dell Studio 1440 running Windows Vista 64 bit.

For the past couple months I've been having this problem with popping sounds from my audio, usually when I'm playing games or watching things, though sometimes just randomly. This was occasionally followed by the host process stopping working, now it happens more often. It also happens whenever I access some games such as Warcraft III Frozen Throne.

A:Windows Host Process has stopped working

What is the make and model of your computer?

Are you using the most recent drivers for your audio card?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-host-process-has-stopped-working.924814/
Relevancy 97.03%

How do I stop a window popping up every time that says Host Process stopped working?

A:Windows Host Process stopped working

There's no easy fix for that generic error message, I'm afraid.

Have you read the following links?

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/host-process-for-windows-services-stopped-working/

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/560866-solved-host-process-foe-windows.html

http://www.mydigitallife.info/host-...ces-has-stopped-working-error-workaround-fix/
When did this start happening? Any other symptoms? Does anything stop working?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-host-process-stopped-working.1090221/
Relevancy 96.1%

i faces a new problem when i starts windows it shows " Host Process for Window services has Stopped Working"
winndow can check online for solution to the problem
-check online for solution (recommended)
-close

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Application Timestamp: 4549adc4
Fault Module Name: StackHash_36c2
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Offset: 0a9cf83c
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Additional Information 1: 36c2
Additional Information 2: c59850c491d3848e88bfa6d182cd1a60
Additional Information 3: 272a
Additional Information 4: ac90659214cccd60b1de90fac30fd5af

Read our privacy statement:
Microsoft Online Crash Analysis

after this my computer is disconnected from internet and i am not able to connect with the internet.
what does this error means? and how can i fix it?

A:host process for window servicew has stopped working

Welcome
My guess is that it is caused by a conflict with some software that you recently installed, did you install anything, if must be uninstalled,

In safe mode try
a clean boot to determine the problem
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

If that does not work try in safe mode
and perform a system restore from before the problem.
System Restore - How to

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/287075-host-process-window-servicew-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 96.1%

I keep gettting this message when I try to adjust my mouse settings. I am using a wireless mouse on a Dell laptop 1501.

Winodws host process(Rundll 32) has stopped working.--
Anybody tell me what this means and what I can do to correct the problem?

A:Winodws host process(Rundll 32) has stopped working

http://www.winvistaclub.com/t40.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/winodws-host-process-rundll-32-has-stopped-working.969237/
Relevancy 96.1%

Ive been recently having an issue with my laptop whenever I turn it on. It keeps saying superfetch stopped working and then another window pops up saying windows host processes stopped working. I'm not sure if this is related but I also have a problem when I get it out of sleep mode. The screen stays black with only the mouse showing and it can take up to 30 mins before the screen comes back to normal. I have no idea what to do or where to start. Ive scanned for viruses but it found nothing.

A:Superfetch and Windows host process stopped working

Worth reading, http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itprovistaapps/thread/4abbd483-1ea4-456c-98c2-10babdbebc7e/ .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/474241/superfetch-and-windows-host-process-stopped-working/
Relevancy 96.1%

The problem is get a "Host Process for Windows Tasks has stopped working" window that pops up every time I start windows.

InPageCoFire
c000009c
dimsjob.dll

Can someone help?

Thanks!

A:Host Process for Windows Tasks has stopped working

Hi, and a warm welcome to the forums, does this message occur in safe mode? Press the win + r key together, in the run box type:-

regsvr32 dimsjob.dll (press OK) you should see a success message, restart computer and go into normal mode, let us know how you get on.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/host-process-for-windows-tasks-has-stopped-working-761889.html
Relevancy 96.1%

after reading through all of the old replies to this thread i can t believe that NO solution was ever reached i noticed something was wrong a few days ago when one of my programs Advanced Registry Optimizer no longer works when i click on it instead i get an error message saying setup uninstall has stopped working A problem caused the program to stop working correctly Windows will has working windows services stopped process host close the program and notify you if a solution is available i also have been getting quot windows services hot windows services host process has stopped working process has stopped working and will shut down quot i ve done a couple of system restores driver backup uninstalls and registry backup restores all to now avail and everything was working so well for the last few months since i inherited this HP laptop from a dear friend who passed on last october UGH why is it the only permanent solution to all this madness always points windows services host process has stopped working to buying a MAC there s gotta be a better way than lining bill gates pockets after having to update to a new version of WINDOWS i guess they think we re all lemmings huh nbsp

Relevancy 96.1%

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium and for a several months the computer has been freezing on occasion and I've been getting a message that states that "Host Process for Windows Services Stopped Working."  I checked the Event Viewer and it shows the following errors:

- Service Control Manager Eventlog Provider #7031, #7034

- Application Error #1000, #1005

- atapi #11

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

A:Host Process for Windows Services Stopped Working

In addition, the Event Viewer also has the following warning:

"Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller: The network link is down.  Check to make sure the network cable is properly connected."

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/492646/host-process-for-windows-services-stopped-working/
Relevancy 96.1%

Title says it.

Host Process and Enpowering Technology has stopped working.

FireWall won't turn on.

When I try to Update Windows Defender I get this message.Error found: Code0xc80003fa

Windows Modules has stopped working. Out of nowhere, these problems occurred.

I have a Windows Vista Extensa 5420.

These problems are really annoying me, I can't find a way to resolve them.

Please Help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/host-process-enpowering-technology-has-stopped-working-and-more.728614/
Relevancy 96.1%

Hi First post on the forum so be gentle I m posting this as my wife s laptop Dell has been performing very slowly and giving a number of error messages including the title plus quot The service cannot accept control messages at this time quot Looking at Task Manager there seems to be a lot of processes running at the start and there also appears to be loads of activity I ve run CC cleaner a few times and it did find a number of issues in the registry I fixed these but the problem didn t go away Initially I was unable to run Hijackthis but managed to get it to run Host working windows etc for process services stopped after a bit of tinkering I m running Spyware Doctor with Anti-virus v I did find a ref to nvvsvc exe on a web site and I stopped this process in Task Manager and changed the sleep option Not sure if this has worked yet The laptop is Host process for windows services stopped working etc running pretty slow and something seems amiss Any clues from the Hijackthis log Any help or suggestions would be gratefully accepted Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows Host process for windows services stopped working etc System smss exeC Windows system csrss exeC Windows system wininit exeC Windows system csrss exeC Windows system services exeC Windows system lsass exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exeC Windows system nvvsvc exeC Windows system svchost exeC Windows System svchost exeC Windows System svchost exeC Windows system svchost exeC Windows system winlogon exeC Windows system svchost exeC Windows system SLsvc exeC Windows system svchost exeC Windows system svchost exeC Windows system nvvsvc exeC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exeC Windows system aestsrv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor BDT BDTUpdateService exeC Windows system svchost exeC Windows system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxWatch exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exeC Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exeC Windows system STacSV exeC Windows system svchost exeC Windows System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXEC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWinSec exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files DellTPad Apoint exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exeC Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxMediaDB exeC Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exeC Program Files DellTPad HidFind exeC Program Files DellTPad Apntex exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor TFEngine TFService exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC Windows system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Windows system SearchProtocolHost exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Windows servicing TrustedInstaller exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system wbem WMIADAP EXEC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar PreserveR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com f... Read more

A:Host process for windows services stopped working etc

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/306364/host-process-for-windows-services-stopped-working-etc/
Relevancy 96.1%

Hi Process Windows Host for Services Working Stopped All Twice tonight I ve had an error message pop up complaining that a quot Host Process for windows services stopped working and was closed A problem caused the application to stop working correctly Windows will notify when a solution is available quot The first time I thought nothing of it but the second time has left my task bar in Host Process for Windows Services Stopped Working an old format as if Vista Aero has broken or something In the Problem Reports and SOlutions I believe it to be what is referred to as IP Helper with the following details Problem signature Problem Event Name BEX Application Name svchost exe iphlpsvc Application Version Application Timestamp b Fault Module Name ntdll dll Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp cb Exception Offset bae Exception Code c d Exception Data OS Version Locale ID Additional Information d Additional Information ad ec aa c e b d c Additional Information d Additional Information ad ec aa c e b d c Extra information about the problem Bucket ID Does anyone know what s causing this Cheers Xar nbsp

Relevancy 96.1%

I been having this problem for almost a week now and it makes me want to rip my Closed And Process Windows Host Stopped Was Working hair out Lol everything usually works fine when I first boot the computer up and when I'm on the internet for a little while that message pops up then internet explorer closes and I can use firefox Then after I hit cancel on the message when I try to open other programs or save in notepad it freezes then the Not responding message pops up Also when I try to go to the control panel same thing it freezes then the bottom task bar changes like a different theme Idk what to do it's really bugging me out I looked up the message on alot of sites and each thread is just filled Windows Host Process Stopped Working And Was Closed with people saying they have the same message and each thing the person says to do doesn't work for me In the event log I don't see anything I can't go to the control panel because it freezes I'm gonna try to uninstall my firewall but I can't even get to remove programs window And system restore doesn't work Sorry for the whole paragraph of every little problem I just don't know what to do Thanks

A:Windows Host Process Stopped Working And Was Closed

Try in safe mode and then report back. Your answer will give a lot of clues, about what to do next.
If it works in safe mode, the next step would be a clean boot to determine the precise nature of the problem.
If it does not work, we may go with system restore.
Report back before each step.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/284404-windows-host-process-stopped-working-closed.html
Relevancy 96.1%

Hopefully someone can help me. I started up my laptop and got this message Windows Host Process (Rundll.32) has stopped working. I click the check on line for a solution option but get nothing back. I haven't had this notification before - so I need it to run? and if so, how on earth can I put it back?
I am using Windows7 64bit professional
Any other info required?

A:Windows Host Process (Rundll.32) has stopped working

http://www.winvistaclub.com/t40.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-host-process-rundll-32-has-stopped-working.1029597/
Relevancy 96.1%

I ve looked all over the internet and found people with similar problems but none of the threads have been of any help so I would appreciate anything you can do for me Basically whenever process stopped explorer/host working has windows I have multiple applications going my taskbar freezes and eventually I get the quot Windows Explorer Has Stopped Working quot message and I have to shut down Lately I windows explorer/host process has stopped working have also gotten quot Windows Host Process Rundll Has Stopped Working quot too From my experience on threads this seems common for people with HPs running Vista This seems a lot like a virus so I ve been running AVG like crazy and it s had a few quot virus found lops quot whatever that means and a few days ago it says it found a Trojan Horse which I think is out of nowhere since I hadn t downloaded or done anything in weeks prior I told it to heal the trojan and now it s hanging out in the virus vault don t know if that s solved it or not I did a system restore which seemed to fix things for a few days but now it s back and system restores aren t doing any good All that has been installed are windows updates I need my computer fixed pronto before I go back to university I would really appreciate any help I could get nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-host-process-has-stopped-working.742422/
Relevancy 96.1%

Hello A few days ago I got a report that my virus scan stopped pop up. process Host web pages random working and Rogers Online Protrection from my ISP had detected a virus which it quarantined Everything seemed to be ok for a few days after that but then I kept getting a message that host process stopped working Host Process for Windows Services stopped working and was closed A problem caused the application to stop working correctly Windows will notify Host process stopped working and random web pages pop up. you if a solution is available and I would find that my task bars went weird Also occassionally I would get random tabs open up on firefox though usually a webpage wouldn t appear to load My computer also start going really slow and when I opened up the task manager the processor was running really high At that point I downloaded both Malaware and Search and Destroy - notably I thought that I already had search and destroy loaded on my computer but couldn t seem to access it After several run throughs of both programs and my virus software including some run in safe mode everything seemed to be back to normal However now I find that sporadically I seem to get the same symptoms host process and random webpages - sometimes soon after starting up my computer and sometimes not for a few hours Also at this time I loaded service pack for vista when prompted to because of the host process failure In addition to the requested files I also included the logs from my virus scan program and Malaware For malaware the most recent logs have come up empty so the log attached below is a few scans back Note that when prompted I would go and manually delete the requested file Note that I m not sure if I have the correct GMER output - I didn t note an ark txt file In terms of the warnings I have no idea if I have a script blocker running As recommended I have already gone through and backed up my important files on an external hard drive Thank you in advance for your time and consideration Kat Rogers Online Protection File Name Virus Action Date C Users Kat AppData LocalLow Sun Java Deployment cache dd a c- e ee Exploit Java Agent f Reported PM C Users Kat AppData LocalLow Sun Java Deployment cache dd a c- e ee Exploit Java Agent f Reported AM C RECYCLE BIN S- - - - - - - RENLY K Exploit Java Agent f Reported PM C Users Kat AppData LocalLow Sun Java Deployment cache d af a- b f Exploit Java Agent du Reported PM C Users Kat AppData LocalLow Sun Java Deployment cache b - bc Exploit Java Agent du Reported PM C WINDOWS Temp wmpt setup exe Trojan Win Powp gen Quarantined PM C WINDOWS Temp mhgd setup exe Trojan Win Powp gen Quarantined PM C WINDOWS Temp ravh setup exe Trojan Win Powp gen Quarantined AM C WINDOWS Temp lgop setup exe Trojan Win Powp gen Quarantined AM F Kat-Baby - july Desktop Ric Sibelius BLESSiNG exe Trojan Win Swizzor xgh Quarantined AM C Users Kat AppData LocalLow Sun Java Deployment cache d af a- b f Exploit Java Agent du Reported PM C Users Kat AppData LocalLow Sun Java Deployment cache b - bc Exploit Java Agent du Reported PM C RECYCLE BIN S- - - - - - - RADYFQ d af a- b f Exploit Java Agent du Reported PM C RECYCLE BIN S- - - - - - - RT KW V b - bc Exploit Java Agent du Reported PM -------------------------------------------------- Malaware Windows Service Pack Internet Explorer AM mbam-log- - - - - txt Scan type Full scan C D F Objects scanned Time elapsed hour s minute s second s Memory Processes Infected Memory Modules Infected Registry Keys Infected Registry Values Infected Registry Data Items Infected Folders Infected Files Infected Memory Processes Infected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Infected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Infected No malicious items detected Registry Values Infected No malicious items detected Registry Data Items Infected No malicious items detected Folders Infected No malicious items detected Files Infected F Kat-Baby - july Desktop Ric Sibelius BLESSiNG exe Trojan Agent -... Read more

Relevancy 96.1%

I randomly keep getting this error message usually when I am trying to open a new program.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!! Here are the details.

Problem signature:
Application Timestamp: 47919291
Fault Module Name: fntcache.dll
Fault Module Version: 7.0.6002.18409
Fault Module Timestamp: 4d63bfd5
Exception Code: 40000015
Exception Offset: 000000000004c609
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Additional Information 1: 5e54
Additional Information 2: e564498c8e5cd2ea23b40b0a5b20dd94
Additional Information 3: c992
Additional Information 4: d4afeac32722c7a999744efa07a3c758

A:Host Process for Windows Services has stopped working

I found this description of the fntcache.dll function-

"Windows service that optimizes performance of applications by caching commonly used font data. Applications will start this service if it is not already running."

As such, it seems to me that it would most likely pop up when starting a new application. However, I would think this error should go away after opening the same application two or more times. That's just an uneducated opinion. I've never experienced it.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/302440-host-process-windows-services-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 96.1%

I played game <Sims 3> I got a sound crash . SO I press longer start of Laptop .. When i reopen , I got a problem Host of windows process has stopped working , Then i click close program , and the new Problem came out COM Surrogate stopped working . THEN I CLICK close program , but it's not close it's came out again and again ..... What should i do !? I use many way to solve . NO WORKING OR WORKED !

A:Host Process for windows Tasks has stopped working

Work through the Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7 to check for infection, check system files, establish a clean boot, utilize System Resources.

If steps can't be performed from desktop or in Safe Mode you can perform them from boot as shown in Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/330761-host-process-windows-tasks-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 96.1%

Hi my computer after updates on either avg or zonealarm started acting up Firsts i get this annoying pop up that says host process for windows stopped for process malware Host working and windows services stopped working and was closed I close that and another one comes out saying problem reports and solutions There is a link on that window the link is http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID but it leads nowhere Host process for windows stopped working and malware I can not access any microsoft updates or websites Also i got icons on my desktop of them for porn If the pop up comes out many times eventually i can t even click on windows and i have to do a manual shut down Also when opening a browser sometimes tabs will open for health com and other websites Here is my hijackthis log Please Help I have uninstalled zonealarm thinking it was the culprit Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files RocketDock RocketDock exe C Program Files Rainmeter Rainmeter exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http uone unishippers com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - E A DC - - A - EA-DC EC ACF - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - Toolbar amp Windows Live Toolbar - FA EF- D- D - B F- A D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp ProgramFiles SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exe O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKLM RunOnce Malware... Read more

A:Host process for windows stopped working and malware

bump! Ive installed avast and reinstalled zonealarm. Here is my new HJT log the only issue now is sometimes lags and also the host process has stopped working pop out keeps showing up.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 3:32:07 PM, on 7/1/2010
Platform: Windows Vista SP2 (WinNT 6.00.1906)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18928)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\AvastUI.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\Program Files\RocketDock\RocketDock.exe
C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWTray.exe
C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\ZAForceField\ForceField.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugin-container.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://uone.unishippers.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
R3 - URLSearchHook: ZoneAlarm Toolbar - {66f2e20d-0da8-4c11-a9c8-dd8477b88acd} - C:\Program Files\ZoneAlarm\tbZone.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgssie.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: ZoneAlarm Toolbar - {66f2e20d-0da8-4c11-a9c8-dd8477b88acd} - C:\Program Files\ZoneAlarm\tbZone.dll
O2 - BHO: Search Helper - {6EBF7485-159F-4bff-A14F-B9E3AAC4465B} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Search Enhancement Pack\Search Helper\SEPsearchhelperie.dll
O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveShellExtensions.dll
O2 - BHO: ZoneAlarm Security Engine Registrar - {8A4A36C2-0535-4D2C-BD3D-496CB7EED6E3} - C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\ZAForceField\TrustChecker\bin\TrustCheckerIEPlugin.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: SkypeIEPluginBHO - {AE805869-2E5C-4ED4-8F7B-F1F7851A4497} - C:\Program Files\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\skypeieplugin.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Toolbar Helper - {E15A8DC0-8516-42A1-81EA-DC94EC1ACF10} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Toolbar\wltcore.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Windows Live Toolbar - {21FA44EF-376D-4D53-9B0F-8A89D3229068} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Toolbar\wltcore.dll
O3 - Toolbar: ZoneAlarm Toolbar - {66f2e20d-0da8-4c11-a9c8-dd8477b88acd} - C:\Program Files\ZoneAlarm\tbZone.dll
O3 - Toolbar: ZoneAlarm Security Engine - {EE2AC4E5-B0B0-4EC6-88A9-BCA1A32AB107} - C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\ZAForceField\TrustChecker\bin\TrustCheckerIEPlugin.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\NvCpl.dl... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/host-process-for-windows-stopped-working-and-malware.932287/
Relevancy 96.1%

Vista, SP2-

I get this message upon coming out of sleep mode or even restarting. I haven't found anything it's affecting "yet".

I ran msconfig.exe and hid the Microsoft items and disabled everything else under Services and disabled everything under Startup. Rebooted. I still get the message.

I do have Norton Premiere 2009 installed but it is not running because it's disabled in the Startup and Services, per the above.

I've attached a .doc which contains all the errors in the event log. Note that they are in reverse order of occurrence.

A:Host Process for Windows Services has stopped working

Hi wither,

Firstly, congratulations on getting your Power User badge!

How long has this problem been going on for?

Try this:

SFC Scan
Open the start menuIn the search box, type cmdRight click on cmd and select Run as administratorIn command prompt, type:

sfc /scannow
Let it run and let me know if it finds any Integrity Violations
Tom

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/294468-host-process-windows-services-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 96.1%

Hi I'm new I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong category I wasn't sure where stopped Process for Services Help has working Host Please Windows to post it I have a Dell Inspiron Windows Home Premium Please Help Host Process for Windows Services has stopped working Bit This message on my computer keeps coming up in one window it says Host process for Please Help Host Process for Windows Services has stopped working windows services has stopped working Windows is collecting more information about the problem this might take several minutes It's a gray bar It never loads another window is also open that says Do you want to send more information about the problem I click on view details and this comes up I copied and pasted this Files that help describe the problem C Users King David AppData Local Temp WERD E tmp WERInternalMetadata xml C Users King David AppData Local Temp WERE tmp appcompat txt C Users King David AppData Local Temp WERE tmp hdmp Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt I click send information and it goes away and comes back a little while later When I click cancel or the x it goes away and comes back a little while later also If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it Thank you davidms

A:Please Help Host Process for Windows Services has stopped working

This page claims a fix for it:
How to fix “Host Process for Windows Services Has Stopped Working” | Web Talk

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/193999-please-help-host-process-windows-services-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 96.1%

My parent's computer is getting this error Stopped Host Working Process for has Services Windows all the time now If I close out of the error message within a minute max it pops back up Host Process for Windows Services has Stopped Working The Problem Details says Problem signature Problem Event Name BEX Application Name svchost exe Application Version Application Timestamp b Fault Module Name StackHash ad Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp Exception Host Process for Windows Services has Stopped Working Offset Exception Code c Exception Data OS Version Locale ID Additional Information ad Additional Information a ad ee b cff f fb b Additional Information b ae Additional Information ce f c cc e d a ee ff I went into the Event Viewer and found the errors and under General in the Event Viewer they all say Faulting application svchost exe version time stamp x b faulting module unknown version time stamp x exception code xc fault offset x process id x application start time x cde c ff b Under Details in the Event Viewer it says - Provider Name Application Error - EventID Qualifiers Level Task Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Channel Application Computer HOME-PC Security - EventData svchost exe b unknown c cde c ff b Anyone have any ideas Thanks for checking

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/host-process-for-windows-services-has-stopped-working-680946.html
Relevancy 96.1%

host process for windows services stopped working and has closed I saw about pages of comments of people having this problem I have been having it also but it has gotten worse recently I have a majic jack so that I can communicate with friends and family in the U S so my laptop has to be on all the time I have a Acer Aspire - g DDR G HDD AMD Turion x with windows vista home premium When I first got this I had very little problem other than a way to sensitive mouse pad That alone can make me really crazy but this problem with host process is really becoming a pain I had quit using IE and was using Firefox but that has crashed a lot lately so today I downloaded Safari and what a difference Much faster and so far no crashing but I haven t used it after this problem My laptop has the SP update which wasn t fun either After I did the first update to sp Host working process services windows stopped for I had to wipe out my laptop and re-install everything If anyone finds a fix for this I d love Host process for windows services stopped working to Host process for windows services stopped working know my husband just bought a new laptop and he s getting the same thing nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/host-process-for-windows-services-stopped-working.898673/
Relevancy 96.1%

Hey everyone, its me again and this time i have another problem. I was playing an online game but this keeps popping up during it. Please help me with this! Thanks!

A:Host Process For Windows Services Stopped Working..?

Possibly driver related. What are your 'specs'...Vista version, upgrade/clean install, new hardware/programs added, etc?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/123863/host-process-for-windows-services-stopped-working/
Relevancy 96.1%

Thats the error message I ve been getting along with multiple hits on AVG in some windows temp files and different pop up unders Windows Update and for services Host windows stopped Process working. has Malware Bytes aren t able to be run it seems even with the renaming trick Running windows vista home premium sp I ve seen some things on HJT that looked suspect and have attempted to repair it myself to no avail My current HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows System smss exe C Windows system csrss exe C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system csrss exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Windows system services exe C Windows system winlogon exe C Windows system lsass exe C Windows system lsm exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system Host Process for windows services has stopped working. nvvsvc exe C Windows Host Process for windows services has stopped working. system svchost exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files iWin Games iWinTrusted exe C Program Files AVG AVG Host Process for windows services has stopped working. avgnsx exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C hp support hpsysdrv exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard On-Screen OSD Indicator OSD exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgemc exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files DNA btdna exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C hp kbd kbd exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows TEMP system exe c program files internet explorer wmpscfgs exe C Windows system conime exe C Windows explorer exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v Windows Communication Foundation infocard exe C Windows system svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Hijack This HiJackThis exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www hotmail com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch O - BHO no name - f d - b - cc -a d -ae dd d c - jasoreje dll file missing O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c hp support hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KbdStub EXE O - HKLM Run OsdMaestro quot C Program Files Hewlett-Packard On-Screen OSD Indicator OSD exe quot O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run SnapfishMediaDetector C Program Files Snapfish Media Detector SnapfishMediaDetector exe O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKLM R... Read more

A:Host Process for windows services has stopped working.

After a couple crashes, a startup repair and a system retore to a point the day before, I'm finally able to get back online, though only in safe mode.

I have an updated log, since I'm sure a couple things have changed

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 9:08:39 AM, on 3/11/2010
Platform: Windows Vista SP2 (WinNT 6.00.1906)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18865)
Boot mode: Safe mode with network support

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe
C:\Hijack This\HiJackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.hotmail.com/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
O1 - Hosts: 78.46.44.76 l2authd.lineage2.com
O2 - BHO: C:\Windows\system32\b8jjiw9vca.dll - {A3BA40A2-74F1-52BD-F434-00B15A2C8953} - C:\Windows\system32\b8jjiw9vca.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {e24259b0-19fc-402c-af08-b7638f1993e4} - liwinise.dll (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: Veoh Web Player Video Finder - {0FBB9689-D3D7-4f7a-A2E2-585B10099BFC} - C:\Program Files\Veoh Networks\VeohWebPlayer\VeohIEToolbar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Windows Live Toolbar - {21FA44EF-376D-4D53-9B0F-8A89D3229068} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Toolbar\wltcore.dll
O3 - Toolbar: ATLAS Toolbar - {3C6301ED-0F78-4AF2-8150-D9C052361A8E} - C:\Program Files\ATLAS V13\ATLIECP.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpsysdrv] c:\hp\support\hpsysdrv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KBD] C:\HP\KBD\KbdStub.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OsdMaestro] "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\On-Screen OSD Indicator\OSD.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RtHDVCpl] RtHDVCpl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SnapfishMediaDetector] C:\Program Files\Snapfish Media Detector\SnapfishMediaDetector.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG9_TRAY] C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG9\avgtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [jiwobahoyi] Rundll32.exe "jisaleyu.dll",s
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BitTorrent DNA] "C:\Program Files\DNA\btdna.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ehTray.exe] C:\Windows\ehome\ehTray.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ISUSPM] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\ISUSPM.exe" -scheduler
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [VeohPlugin] "C:\Program Files\Veoh Networks\VeohWebPlayer\veohwebplayer.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WMPNSCFG] C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools Lite] "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -autorun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Remote System Protection] rundll32.exe C:\Windows\system32\b8jjiw9vca.dll, HUI_proc
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [asg984jgkfmgasi8ug98jgkfgfb] C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Temp\svchost.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [Shockwave Updater] C:\Windows\System32\Adobe\SHOCKW~1\SWHELP~2.EXE -Update -1103472 -"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)" -"http://a.kongregate.com/games/tmb_steve/merlins-revenge-3/frame/1264697583764/?username=strade22&user_id=2784919&game_auth_token=3cb73032e80a12b5cf6ffd449d1fbeb30cc30d252c6637f241f8469a195c49ae"
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [MySpaceIM] C:\Program Files\MySpace\IM\MySpaceIM.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [gdf498gtudsigjnsod8guifjgfhfhf] C:\Windows\TEMP\n1vkp5.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [asg984jgkfmgasi8ug98jgkfgfb] C:\Windows\TEMP\svchost.exe (User �... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/host-process-for-windows-services-has-stopped-working.909275/
Relevancy 96.1%

After a while - sometimes immediately after startup and sometimes after a few minutes or an hour, I get the error message "Host process for windows services stopped working". After a while I am unable to open IE9 or it says "not responding" and I can't do anything with a link.

I have run malwarebytes quick scan and full scan in both normal and safe mode. I ran Spybot. I am also getting random web pages - an example is dailyconsumerguide.com, so I ran Ad-aware and now I get "Ad-watch live! has blocked svchost.ext from connecting to a malicious website" I let the various software get rid of the errors they found.

It's better, but I am still getting hung up eventually.

I appreciate any assistance.

momgbb

A:Host process for windows services stopped working

Hello,Now that you have posted a log here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic352797.html you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a MRT Team member, nor should you ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.From this point on the MRT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the MRT Team members are EXTREMELY busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the MRT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another MRT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.Please be patient. It may take several days to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. I advise checking your topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. Good luck with your log.Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/352536/host-process-for-windows-services-stopped-working/
Relevancy 96.1%

I get this error at irregular intervals. Anyone else having the same problem?

A:Host Process for Windows Tasks has stopped working

Hello rayjayy.

In what OS are you getting this error? This is a Windows Se7en forum but we'll help you if we can.

Later Ted

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/1073-host-process-windows-tasks-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 96.1%

I keep getting this error message and I don't know why or how to fix it. Can you please help me. I have windows vista. Below is what the windows event log for applications says:

Faulting application svchost.exe, version 6.0.6001.18000, time stamp 0x48034a4c, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x00000000, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00000002, process id 0xa48, application start time 0x01c94df6fcf398da.

I don't know what any of that means >.< I have 3 windows of those error messages and I have to keep them open 'cause if I close them they just pop right back up and it's getting annoying

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/host-process-for-windows-services-has-stopped-working.772471/
Relevancy 96.1%

First off let me just start by saying thank you to take the time to read this I'm not very computer smart so I come here for some advice So for the past few months my computer has been pretty terrible I've had multiple problems -I'll start my computer up and I won't get any sound so I have to continue to restart my computer until I get sound -In the middle of doing something my computer will start to go very slow and then eventually my screen will turn all black for a few seconds and then go back to normal sometimes not working has screen. stopped Host & blue process and I'll get a message that say something along the lines of quot The Host process has stopped working quot -Blue screen Only way around it is to reboot See my first problem constantly restarting my computer sucks So my Host process has stopped working & blue screen. question is could this all be caused by Malware I recently ran Hit Man Pro and found some Malware and quot Rootkit Host process has stopped working & blue screen. quot junk on my computer and I -think- it's been successfully removed I've restarted my computer twice now and both times I have it's started up with sound and no problem what-so-ever I haven't had Host process has stopped working & blue screen. a blue screen yet let's hope there's no more although I've only been on for about an hour now after I removed the junk And I haven't had the quot Host process quot crap happen So could removing that junk potentially fix my problems Thank you for your time and any advice will be great

A:Host process has stopped working & blue screen.

Hi -

Given the various problems you are having, I would recommend that you back up your personal profile folder files - Docs, Music, Pics, etc. . . and reinstall Vista.

Reinstalling the OS would help in identifying if this is more software related v. a hardware issue. A BSOD can be either; a black screen is indicative of hardware failure.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/host-process-has-stopped-working-and-blue-screen-515750.html
Relevancy 96.1%

I keep on getting this problem:Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: svchost.exe Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386 Application Timestamp: 4b18b14e Fault Module Name: svchost.exe Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16386 Fault Module Timestamp: 4b18b14e Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 000019fc OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: 8c7b Additional Information 2: a2b27670b4f4d59fb0605ee22364f434 Additional Information 3: d559 Additional Information 4: 7b628a1133c3556e3e024ce42cbb1cdaRead our privacy statement: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=501...mp;clcid=0x0409And after I close the window, another one comes up after 2-3 minutes. It's irritating, and I have the slight suspicion that it's connected to my odd internet, and this Blue Screen I'm getting.EDIT: Moved from Vista to more appropriate Am I Infected forum ~ Hamluis.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/318469/host-process-for-windows-services-has-stopped-working/
Relevancy 96.1%

hello ok i have windows vista so when i working (arundll32) stopped process host windows has try to play any online game i recieve this message windows host process rundll has stopped working i dont know why but i formated my laptop serval time but i alwease rcieve th same error this is my DDS log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by mohamed at windows host process (arundll32) has stopped working on Thu Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender enabled windows host process (arundll32) has stopped working Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil b exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows system wermgr exe C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v Windows Communication Foundation infocard exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system msiexec exe C Users mohamed AppData Local Temp nsu tmp Au exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Users mohamed Desktop dds scr C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uRun WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter uRun Uniblue RegistryBooster c program files uniblue registrybooster StartRegistryBooster exe mRun Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - - hxxp fpdownload macromedia com get shockwave cabs flash swflash cab SERVICES DRIVERS S npggsvc nProtect GameGuard Service c windows system gamemon des -service -- gt c windows system GameMon des -service Created Last - - lt DIR gt --d----- c programdata RegCure - - lt DIR gt --d----- c progra RegCure - - lt DIR gt --d----- c users mohamed appdata roaming Uniblue - - lt DIR gt --dsh--- c windows Installer - - lt DIR gt -cd-h--- c programdata - - lt DIR gt -cd-h--- c progra - - a------- c windows system GameMon des - - a------- c windows system nppt x vxd - - a------- c windows system npptNT sys - - lt DIR gt --d----- c program files common files INCA Shared - - a------- c windows system ijjiSetup exe - - a------- c windows system PubPlugin dll - - a------- c temp npijjiautoinstallpluginff dll - - a------- c windows system ijjiProcessRestarter exe - - a------- c windows system ijjiPlugin dll - - lt DIR gt --d----- C Temp - - lt DIR gt --d----- c program files NHN USA - - lt DIR gt --d----- c windows Panther - - a--s-r-- C BOOTSECT BAK - - a--shr-- C bootmgr - - lt DIR gt --dsh--- C Boot - - lt DIR gt --d----- C ijji - - lt DIR gt --d----- c users mohamed Find M - - a------- c windows inf infpub dat - - a------- c windows inf infstrng dat - - a------- c windows inf infstor dat - - a--sh--- c program files desktop ini - - a------- c windows inf perflib perfi dat - - a------- c windows inf perflib perfh dat - - a------- c windows inf perflib perfd dat - - a------- c windows inf perflib perfc dat - - a------- c windows inf drvindex dat - - a------- c windows inf perflib perfi dat - - a------- c windows inf perflib perfh dat - - a------- c windows inf pe... Read more

A:windows host process (arundll32) has stopped working

Hello and welcome to TSF.

Apologies for the long delay in response. Since it has been a while you posted, if you still require assistance, please provide us with a new set of logs in a new topic as this one shall be closed.

New Instructions - Read This Before Posting for Malware Removal Help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/windows-host-process-arundll32-has-stopped-working-391085.html
Relevancy 96.1%

Ok, so i resolved the BSOD problem from the last thread... at least for now, but i'm still getting this error every so often. It states, "host process for windows services stopped working." I check the problem reports and I get this:

Problem signature
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18327
Fault Module Timestamp: 4cb73436
Exception Code: c000071b
Exception Offset: 00088d15
Locale ID: 4105
Additional Information 1: 0e02
Additional Information 2: b21b56b606e7544720668ce364087082
Additional Information 3: 0e02
Additional Information 4: b21b56b606e7544720668ce364087082

I also noticed that windows encounters a problem when checking for updates. Error code: 80072EFE. Any and all help would be appreciated, let me know what information you require.

A:host process for windows services stopped working

I managed to solve the problem on my own. It boiled down to a rootkit infection my PCTools wasn't able to handle. Below is a link to the solution in case anybody comes across the same problem again.

Windows Error 80072EFE & Link Redirect - Tech Support Guy Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/153373-host-process-windows-services-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 96.1%

Hi I'm new I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong category I wasn't sure where to post it I have a Dell Inspiron Windows Home Premium Bit This message on my computer keeps coming up in one window it says Host process for windows services has stopped working Windows is collecting more information about the problem this might take several minutes It's a gray bar It never loads another window is also open that says Do you want to send more information about the problem I click on view details and this comes up I copied and pasted this Files that help describe the problem C Users King Services Help For stopped Windows Host Process working has David AppData Local Temp WERD E tmp WERInternalMetadata xml C Users King David AppData Local Temp WERE tmp appcompat txt C Users King David AppData Local Temp WERE tmp hdmp Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US Help Host Process For Windows Services has stopped working erofflps txt I click send information and it goes away and comes back a little while later When I click cancel or the x it goes away and comes back a little while later also If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it Thank you davidms

A:Help Host Process For Windows Services has stopped working

Hi -

Try these 3 places for additional information -

1. WERCON -
START | type view | "View all Problem Reports" | 2x-click on line item for additional crash info

2. Reliability Monitor -
START | type perfmon /rel

3. Event Viewer -
START | type eventvwr.msc | Custom Views | Administrative Events

#2 & #3 would likely be more helpful to ID the crash itself; #1 may have additional details.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/194006-help-host-process-windows-services-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 96.1%

I am currently getting a host process for windows services has stopped working it seems to come up when i reboot my computer and whenever i try to do anything on my computer that has to do with security I hit the close button and then retry what i did has host working process for stopped services windows and it doesnt seem to effect anything The computer is a HP pavilion i bought it in august at CompUSA and they are going out of business and wont be of any help I have host process for windows services has stopped working tried everything from my knowledge and brought it to the Information Technology at my school They cant figure it out and im fed up I brought it to best buy and talked to Geek Squad to see if they could diagnose it The gentleman said that it is a processor error He said that you need a system fix disk that only licensed people can have He said that i have processors and only work cause one is corrupt Bst Buy wants dollars to fix it If anyone is having the same problem or knows a way to fix it PLEASE reply back and help me out i am so fed up with computers and this whole ordeal that i am trying my hardest to figure it out Thank you everyone nbsp

A:host process for windows services has stopped working

I highly doubt the problem stems from a hardware issue. Chances are there is a software program on your computer that doesn't get along with Vista! And yes, even if the only software on your machine was factory installed, it still could be Vista non-compatible. Many of you XP users will remember the hassles that Roxio ez-cd caused even though machines were pumped out with an XP incompatible version.

For a clue as to what the problem is, check the Event Viewer (Control Panel - Admin Tools - Event Viewer). Post your error codes here and we may be able to help. By the way, try updating your drivers and be sure you have the latest Microsoft essential updates.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/host-process-for-windows-services-has-stopped-working.683987/
Relevancy 96.1%

All Host Working for Windows Services Process Stopped of a sudden I am getting the general Vista error message Host Process for Windows Services Stopped Working When that closes a quot helpful quot box pops up and tells me I might have Host Process for Windows Services Stopped Working a hard disk problem Ran CHKDSK on the drive no errors Going to the event log I see that when the error message occurs it points to this file AgApplaunch db I don't know if this file is corrupt I checked and it is in the Windows Prefetch directory I have had the system for two years no new changes I first noticed the message a few days ago after I had tried to install two important Vista updates As they were installing the system shut itself off and I started getting the message upon startup If anyone knows a resolution for this problem it would be most appreciated If not two questions Can AgApplaunch be re-installed Either from the web or the Vista disk Is there a better disk check utility in Vista CHKDSK ran for about seconds Thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/230256-host-process-windows-services-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 95.48%

i have a big problem. first of all my host process rundll32 has stopped. second i tried turning windows features on or off and i canceled the process midway but then many of the applications have stopped working under the name of not finding environment options =! pls help!

A:host process rundll32 has stopped

Hi ajinkyarane,
We can do the following steps to clear corruption and repair/replace damaged/missing system files.
1. Run Disk Cleanup - Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - Disk Cleanup.
2. Start - type in Search box - CMD find at top of list - RIGHT CLICK - RUN AS ADMIN and then type in sfc /scannow

If this does not work then run Check Disk from within the Drive's Properties Page, providing the link for reference: Check Disk - chkdsk

For any further questions in future please feel free to contact us.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/298147-host-process-rundll32-has-stopped.html
Relevancy 94.86%

I use Windows Vista Home Premium and the quot Host Process quot window closed process was working and Host for stopped services windows has Host process for windows services stopped working and was closed been appearing for weeks months now Every now and then I've googled the problem tried Microsoft's guide and various other forum threads but I either get stuck on an instruction or stop out of fear I'm going to make the problem worse The problems I've been having are The pop-up window itself is an annoyance and obviously there is something wrong with Windows The task bar turns white and is almost impossible to read Alt-tab stops working sometimes tho a reboot usually fixes this The Aero effect stops working the title bar at the top of the window crashes and becomes unreadable I have seen a fix here Solved How to fix Host process for windows services stopped working and was closed - Tech Support Guy Forums BUT I can't install any of the ATI software under control panel add remove software there just is no uninstall option - and there are plenty of ATI CCC entries in the list just not the ATI - Software Uninstall Utility I've also considered biting the bullet and upgrading to Windows not to mention Ubuntu after googling for cheaper W prices Anyway I'm fed up of putting up with a really glitchy windows interface so I'd be really grateful if anyone can help me to get to the bottom of this Many thanks

A:Host process for windows services stopped working and was closed

Hi dangermole,

Can you run a sfc /scannow via an elevated level.

Start>All Programs>Accessories>and Right Click on Command Prompt and select 'Run as Administrator'. Click 'Yes' when prompted.
The Command Prompt window will now open up. Now type sfc /scannow and hit Enter. Let the System File checker run. This will look for any damaged system files and attempt to fix them.

Note: If you have any themes running on your system, then this process will remove them.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/host-process-for-windows-services-stopped-working-and-was-closed-588176.html
Relevancy 94.86%

Ok, this is 2011 and this problem is still happening with my laptop. I have Vista installed on my PC. The error states the above mentioned, but it normally happens once my PC has been on "hibernate" or "sleep" modes. I've received it a few times on a complete start-up but not too many times. It's annoying but hasn't caused any troubles that I can tell.

I also noticed that my Task Scheduler isn't working at all. I wonder if the two work together? I will do a separate post for the Task Scheduler.

Relevancy 94.86%

Hello Host windows stopped process Solved: services working foe I keep finding this Solved: Host process foe windows services stopped working window on my computer after I use windows media center or just let it Solved: Host process foe windows services stopped working set idle for awhile MICROSFT WINDOWS Host process for windows services stopped working and was closed a problem caused the application to stop working correctly Windows will notify you if a solution is availible then there is a close button and I click on that and nothing happens I also notice that when this happens my internet connection slows considerably and I have to reboot the computer to try and correct this I contacted the tech support for my computer and they are not aware of this issue so can t help me other than to tell me to use the Vista repair However the first time that I used this option It left my programs all in a mess and I had to actually use PC restore to get the computer back to normal and then add all my back up files and reinstall all my programs again so I refuse to use that option again Does anyone know what this issue is with the Host services thank you I have a Dell Dimension E with windows vista premium with gigs of ram AMD Sempron x dual core processor my computer is rated at a with the windows experience index so it works pretty fast Other than that I can not think of any other information that you might need to diagnos this let me know if you need any other information or wish me to run some kind of diagnostics Thank you markeydsl nbsp

Relevancy 94.86%

Hello to all weeks ago I've installed fresh new copy of Vista x ultimate sp and downloaded all critical updates From time to time I stopped working for Host was Windows Services and closed Process got BSODs randomly windows Host Process for Windows Services stopped working and was closed continues to spam me with message error message quot Host Process for Windows Services stopped working and was closed quot - in event log it appeares as quot Faulting application svchost exe iphlpsvc version time stamp x faulting module ntdll dll version time stamp x adec exception code xc fault offset x a e process id xde application start time x c d d c ab quot After getting this message my window appearance changes for aero to half-aero-half-classic style and language icon diappeares from taskbar and hotkey alt shift stoppes wirking too - can't swich from default language I've tried to chnage language bar settings from Control Panel Floating Docked Hidden does nothing Only restart brings things to normal but after unpredictable period of time it happens again Any suggestions Hardware intel core MSI P N SLI Platinum Gb RAM x GB hd RAID Gigabyte NX T GHP

A:Host Process for Windows Services stopped working and was closed

Hi, Artem, and welcome to the forums.

My first suggestion - get a good AV program and also get Malwarebytes.org and scan your computer *thoroughly* - as in don't do a fast, lite scan - perform Thorough, complete scans in each case.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/199825-host-process-windows-services-stopped-working-closed.html
Relevancy 94.86%

Here is a screenshot.http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/1958/bobbagx4.jpgBasically I keep getting this annoying pop-up dialog every say 20 secondsand it keeps saying the same message. It give sme no error code or nosolution just changes my computer's theme.Somehow it switches to the 98 Theme but keeps a colour of white so mytaskbar etc turns a whitish shade. All buttons etc. go to the 98 block styleand this is really bugging me. I have googled it and it seems many morepeople are suffering from this error aswell. Any help?I do appreciate all you help

A:Host Process for windows services has stopped working and closed.

Please check your Event Viewer for errors around the time of the message.
To do this, go to Start and type in "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Click on the +/arrow sign next to Windows logs in the left hand pane
Click on the Application logs to view the entries in the right hand pane

In the event that it's something more serious, you may have to check the System log file also

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176003/host-process-for-windows-services-has-stopped-working-and-closed/
Relevancy 94.86%

Greetings I Windows Services Host closed for Process was working and stopped was browsing google seach about this problem and saw that this site had fix the problem for a member that was experiencing the same problem to some degree so I would like to see if you can help me solving my bout with this problem I have had this problem for about close to yrs or more if I remember clearly among others that Host Process for Windows Services stopped working and was closed seem to stop popping up I keep getting quot Host process for Windows Services stopped working and was closed quot In total honesty I must say that in the post that I saw you helping the member I tried following it through the steps on the st page and some of the second page using some of the scans listed its only after reading your reply carefully that I came to realize that it was is a bad idea I removed as much of them as I could I will begin by pasting Malwarebytes and the DDS information Malwarebytes Anti-Malware www malwarebytes org Scan Date Scan Time PM Logfile Administrator Yes Version Malware Database v Rootkit Database v License Trial Malware Protection Enabled Malicious Website Protection Enabled Self-protection Disabled OS Windows Vista Service Pack CPU x File System NTFS User omax Scan Type Threat Scan Result Completed Objects Scanned Time Elapsed hr min sec Memory Enabled Startup Enabled Filesystem Enabled Archives Enabled Rootkits Disabled Heuristics Enabled PUP Enabled PUM Enabled Processes No malicious items detected Modules No malicious items detected Registry Keys PUP Optional MySearchDial A HKU S- - - - - - - - ED FC -E E- C D-BF - C B CE - SOFTWARE MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER SEARCHSCOPES AA B-F F - DA- B - D D C Quarantined b b a d fc e d ddb bd PUP Optional MySearchDial A HKLM SOFTWARE MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER SEARCHSCOPES AA B-F F - DA- B - D D C Quarantined b b a d fc e d ddb bd PUP Optional FunWebProducts A HKU S- - - - - - - - ED FC -E E- C D-BF - C B CE - SOFTWARE MICROSOFT WINDOWS CURRENTVERSION EXT STATS D DB D - EC - A -BD - E E BB Quarantined d cda fad f a b Registry Values No malicious items detected Registry Data No malicious items detected Folders No malicious items detected Files PUP Optional MySearchDial C Users MASTER ACCOUNT AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Preferences Good Bad quot search url quot quot http start mysearchdial com resul FtCtAyBzytN L CzutCyD B P R amp cr amp ir quot Replaced e d ca d c ac ae Physical Sectors No malicious items detected end nbsp

DDS txt

DDS (Ver_2012-11-20.01) - NTFS_x86
Internet Explorer: 9.0.8112.16592 BrowserJavaVersion: 11.25.2
Run by omax895 at 23:42:13 on 2014-12-08
Microsoft® Windows Vista? Home Premium 6.0.6002.2.1252.1.1033.18.1013.134 [GMT -5:00]
AV: AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 2015 *Enabled/Updated* {0E9420C4-06B3-7FA0-3AB1-6E49CB52ECD9}
SP: Windows Defender *Disabled/Outdated* {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
SP: AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 2015 *Enabled/Updated* {B5F5C120-2089-702E-0001-553BB0D5A664}
============== Running Processes ================
c:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG2015\avgrsx.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG2015\avgcsrvx.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SLsvc.exe
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG2015\avgidsagent.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG2015\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamscheduler.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG2015\avgnsx.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG2015\avgemcx.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
C:\Windows\system32\locator.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSVC.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSvcM.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG2015\avgui.exe
C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wermgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerPlugin_15_0_0_223.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugin-container.exe
C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k rpcss
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k GPSvcGroup
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k WerSvcGroup
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
============== Pseudo HJT Report ===============
uStart Page = hxxp://www.google.com
mStart Page = hxxp://www.google.com
mSearch Bar = hxxp://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaults/sb/msgr8/*http://www.yahoo.com/ext/search/search.html
uSearchURL,(Default) = hxxp://www.google.com/keyword/%s
BHO: Yahoo! IE Suggest: {5A263CF7-56A6-4D68-A8CF-345BE45BC911} - c:\program files\yahoo!\search\YSearchSuggest.dll
BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button: {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - c:\program files\yahoo!\common\yiesrvc.dll
BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In SSV Helper: {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - c:\program files\java\jre1.8.0_25\bin\ssv.dll
BHO: Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper: {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\windows live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper: {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - c:\program files\java\jre1.8.0_25\bin\jp2ssv.dll
uRun: [Skype] "c:\program files\skype\phone\Skype.exe" /minimized /regrun
uRun: [Yahoo! Pager] "c:\progra~1\yahoo!\messen~1\YAHOOM~1.EXE" -quiet
mRun: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "c:\program files\common files\java\java update\jusched.exe"
mRun: [AVG_UI] "c:\program files\avg\avg2015\avgui.exe&... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/host-process-for-windows-services-stopped-working-and-was-closed.207411/
Relevancy 94.86%

Wow, I hate my laptop. This is day 5 of not having Email/Internet access at work, and spending hours googling my Error messages and working on them.

I couldn't google search stuff via the laptop today though. My Internet Explorer and Firefox stopped working last night (Day 4).

Here's some error messages I get:

Host Process for Windows Services stopped working & was closed
Windows Update failed (2 updates I can't download)
Internet Explorer not working
The Pipe State is invalid
And many more...

Stuff I've tried:

Disable/Start Internet Explorer without Add-Ons
Restore Internet Explorer
Reset Security Zones in Internet Options
Disk Cleanup
Microsoft Fix It
Visit Manufacturers (Gateway) Website and download latest Vista drivers
A Hundred different CMD instructions
Turning Firewall On/Off
Resetting my modem
A plethora of other suggestions

What do I do now?
P.S. I don't have any Windows disks, or any disks for that matter, to insert.

Relevancy 94.86%

Hi guys!

Recently had a problem with my hard drive on a dell inspiron 1545 and it was replaced with windows vista being re-installed.
Am now getting the above mentioned error. I think it is linked to the audio driver. I have tried installing the latest driver from the dell website, but no luck.

Problem signature
Application Name: svchost.exe_AudioSrv
Application Timestamp: 47919291
Fault Module Name: stapo64.dll
Fault Module Version: 1.0.6162.3
Fault Module Timestamp: 49b1572c
Exception Offset: 0000000000109314
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 0a71
Additional Information 2: 2b9e64833ded1b8566df2c12e9bbc072
Additional Information 3: 7f33
Additional Information 4: 792fb17855832c39c432fcfecbbb3da9

Files that help describe the problem
Version.txt
AppCompat.txt
memory.hdmp
minidump.mdmp

thanks vish

You have all updates for Vista from that 1545 driver page? More than just IDT drivers. Bios is now A08? Only 1545 users know if that matters. Keep it in mind if nothing else works.Have no idea but think I would update to SP2 and see what happens.http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums...e6-4f88c8138197 not same computer but Vista64bit, same idt audio chip and same error. He fixed it by driver update. You already done that. OS is partly Dell with all their bundled programs so may be better to ask at their laptop forum http://en.community.dell.com/forums/3516.aspx Perhaps an issue where you need to know all details of that particular model. Could be something unrelated to audio service/driver that trigger error. What will not hurt is to type "cmd" in startmenu, rightclick and chose run as administrator. Then fire off "sfc /scannow" Checks system files for errors. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43051/how-to-use-sfcexe-to-repair-system-files/ for xp but same thing. And of course issues...Come to think of it also run chkdsk, cant find directions here so http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/67612-ch...isk-chkdsk.html If you post at Dell forum tell them you have done these 2 attempts to fix the unknown.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/254607/host-process-for-windows-services-stopped-working-and-was-closed/
Relevancy 94.86%

I have been receiving an error for sometime now and decided i should have a look at it It pops up saying quot Host process for windows services stopped working and for working stopped windows closed was process Host and services was closed Host process for windows services stopped working and was closed quot upon login to my profile Looking around on the internet i cannot find an answer and I havent a clue how to read the error log to help Here's my log ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- Log Name ApplicationSource Application ErrorDate Event Host process for windows services stopped working and was closed ID Task Category Level ErrorKeywords ClassicUser N AComputer DesktopDescription Faulting application svchost exe CryptSvc version time stamp x b faulting module termsrv dll version time stamp x bde exception code xc fault offset x process id x c application start time x c e f d a Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Application Error quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Desktop lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt svchost exe CryptSvc lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt b lt Data gt lt Data gt termsrv dll lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt bde lt Data gt lt Data gt c lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt c lt Data gt lt Data gt c e f d a lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------

A:Host process for windows services stopped working and was closed

If everything is running fine on your computer than there's a fix to stop this message from appearing.Look here- http://forums.techarena.in/tips-tweaks/1092007.htm

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/232877/host-process-for-windows-services-stopped-working-and-was-closed/
Relevancy 94.86%

I keep getting the below error ------------------------------------- Error Host process stopped working for windows vista -------------------------------------- I checked the event log and I found the following errors Windows cannot access the Host Error: working vista Process windows stopped for file C Windows Prefetch AgGlUAD P S- - - - - - - db for one of the following reasons there is a problem with the network connection the disk that the file is stored on or the storage drivers installed on this computer or the disk is missing Windows closed the program Host Process for Windows Services because of this error Program Host Process for Windows Services File C Windows Prefetch AgGlUAD P S- - - - - - - db Faulting application svchost exe SysMain version time stamp x b faulting Error: Host Process stopped working for windows vista module ntdll dll version time stamp x a a exception code xc fault offset x c process id x cc application start time x ca c b Can any one please help as to how to fix this issue

A:Error: Host Process stopped working for windows vista

This may help you track it down:
http://www.online-tech-tips.com/comp...opped-working/
Prefetch is part of Memory Manager and is supposed to help in loading Applications..
Paul

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/error-host-process-stopped-working-for-windows-vista-428137.html
Relevancy 94.86%

Hi All
Plz Help For Fix Error :

Code:

Problem signature:
Application Version: 5.1.2600.5512
Application Timestamp: 48025826
Fault Module Name: ntlsapi.dll
Exception Code: c0000135
Exception Offset: 00009eed
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1
Additional Information 1: 9d13
Additional Information 2: 1abee00edb3fc1158f9ad6f44f0f6be8
Additional Information 3: 9d13
Additional Information 4: 1abee00edb3fc1158f9ad6f44f0f6be8
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

A:Generic host process for win32 services has stopped working

Originally Posted by AhrimanSefid

Hi All
Plz Help For Fix Error :

Code:

Problem signature:
Application Version: 5.1.2600.5512
Application Timestamp: 48025826
Fault Module Name: ntlsapi.dll
Exception Code: c0000135
Exception Offset: 00009eed
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1
Additional Information 1: 9d13
Additional Information 2: 1abee00edb3fc1158f9ad6f44f0f6be8
Additional Information 3: 9d13
Additional Information 4: 1abee00edb3fc1158f9ad6f44f0f6be8
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

Can you go into c:\windows\minidump, zip the dump file (*.dmp) and upload it so we can debug it. If its not in minidump you can search *.dmp

thanks

ken

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/255638-generic-host-process-win32-services-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 94.86%

Hi I am having multiple problems with my laptop I have a Toshiba Stopped Services Windows working/Host Process for not ... Internet pre-installed with Vista All of a sudden yesterday the internet on the laptop stopped working I have a desktop computer as well and the internet on the other computer was working fine Anytime Internet not working/Host Process for Windows Services Stopped ... I re-started my computer the following error message pops up from Microsoft Windows Host Process for Windows Services Stopped Working and was Closed Then I get a pop up from Norton Anti-Virus saying Auto-Protect Experienced an Unexpected Error x E Everything freezes and I can t even shut down the computer and have to wait for the battery to drain I have tried re-starting it in Safe Mode with Networking Yesterday in this Internet not working/Host Process for Windows Services Stopped ... mode the Internet was working but today it is not working Internet not working/Host Process for Windows Services Stopped ... at all I am at a loss as to what to do The problem is on the laptop only I have searched online on my desktop computer and this could be a malware virus destroying my laptop but I don t know how to get rid of it when I have no internet access to download software which can search and destroy it Can anybody help me please nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-not-working-host-process-for-windows-services-stopped.810760/
Relevancy 94.86%

Hi, when I start up my computer this error message pops up with "host process for windows services has stopped working." When I close it, a new one pops up.

My specs are

Windows vista SP 1
32 bit OS

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/host-process-for-windows-services-has-stopped-working-keeps-popping-up.812933/
Relevancy 94.86%

About for process stopped was working services Windows has closed Host and a week ago my husband visited a quot not-so-trustworthy-or-wholesome quot site on my laptop and I ve been getting errors and redirects and major slowdowns every since Because he Host process for Windows services has stopped working and was closed panicked and started clicking buttons and running supposed virus scanners I didn t see the original error messages only what the computer Host process for Windows services has stopped working and was closed is doing now The main error is quot Host process for Windows Host process for Windows services has stopped working and was closed services has stopped working and was closed quot and also Google Chrome would give me a message of something like quot the account or maybe identity requires a newer version of Google Chrome quot and every time I would do a Google search it would find results but when I click on any of the search results it would take me to some kind of download page no matter what the search result was supposed to be I m sorry I don t have exacts on this When it was giving me so much trouble I uninstalled Google Chrome Chrome and IE are very slow to respond if they respond at all but Firefox is noticeably better at least I have something I ve also tried downloading and running several anti-spyware anti-virus programs including StopZilla and Spyware Doctor the free version but the programs continue to lock up without completing a scan One time it showed I had something along the lines of threats and infections or vice versa maybe but it locked up before I could quarantine or delete anything I ve run HijackThis and below is the log file I appreciate anything anyone can do to help me I will be glad to follow whatever steps I need to take I m terrified of losing all the photos etc I have saved on the computer Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Toshiba Power Saver TPwrMain exe C Program Files Toshiba SmoothView SmoothView exe C Program Files Toshiba FlashCards TCrdMain exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Program Files Camera Assistant Software for Toshiba traybar exe C Program Files Apoint K ApMsgFwd exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files LeapFrog LeapFrog Connect Monitor exe C Program Files Toshiba TOSCDSPD TOSCDSPD exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Camera Assistant Software for Toshiba CEC MAIN exe C Program Files PC Tools Security pctsGui exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe c PROGRA mcafee msc mcuimgr exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jucheck exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Windows system wermgr exe C Windows system taskeng exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www toshibadirect com dpdstart R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROG... Read more

A:Host process for Windows services has stopped working and was closed

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the Quick Scan button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTListIt.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note - if you get the following warning, just ignore: "Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"Click on Cancel, then Accept.-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new OTL log (don't forget extra.txt)RKU logThanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/368382/host-process-for-windows-services-has-stopped-working-and-was-closed/