Windows Support Forum

Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup

Q: Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup

Hi all Starting Messages, on Black startup Error with Screen Blue Blank Screen yesterday my computer would go through startup while loading the desktop it would crash to blue screen with white text unfortunately I can t remember the exact error Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup message If restarted it Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup either goes to a blank black screen or back to blue and I could only get the computer to operate in safe mode with networking My antivirus software avast free malwarebytes scanned and found no infections I have Windows Samsung laptop Today I was Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup able to start the computer normally and am functioning with internet still acting a little funny but I am sure something is still not right I also did a system restore last night with the same problems crashing not starting up Any assistance would be highly appreciated Thanks in advance Brit PS I goofily started a similar topic in the quot Windows quot forum section without knowing this section was down here Sorry I tried to delete the topic post but couldn t Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup

Hello,I will be helping you with your problems. Please be patient while I assist you.Some points for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of us Please do NOT run, install or uninstall any programs, unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability. Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post. Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process. Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.----------------------------------------------Please do the following:Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool (TDSSKiller.exe) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe on your desktop to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it. To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to How to change the file extension.Click on change parametersUnder Objects to scan, check the box next to Loaded modulesIf you are asked to reboot, then click Yes.NextCheck the boxes next to Loaded modules, Verify file digital signatures, Detect TDLFS file system, then click OK.Click the Start Scan button.Do not use the computer during the scanIf the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
Note: If Cure is not an option, Skip instead, do NOT choose Delete or Quarantine unless instructed.A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.2.4.0.0_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).Copy and paste the full contents of that file in your next reply.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the full contents of that document.Please download Farbar Service Scanner and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress Scan.It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the full contents of the log in your next reply.Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes: Flush DNS Report IE Proxy Settings Reset IE Proxy Settings Report FF Proxy Settings Reset FF Proxy Settings List content of Hosts List IP configuration List Winsock Entries List last 10 Event Viewer log List Installed Programs List Devices (Only Problems) List Users, Partitions and Memory size. List Minidump Files List Restore pointsNOTE: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.Click Go and post the full contents of the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/467144/blue-screen-with-error-messages-blank-black-screen-on-startup/
Relevancy 102.77%

This is my logfile Error & Anti-virus Startup Problems Screen Blue System Shutdown, Messages Program 32 I have Windows XP I would appreciate any suggestions as to how to fix the quot System quot error messages I get when I Blue Screen Shutdown, System 32 Startup Error Messages & Anti-virus Program Problems start my computer I also often get the quot blue screen quot when shutting Blue Screen Shutdown, System 32 Startup Error Messages & Anti-virus Program Problems down my computer and I cannot uninstall HAURI ViRobot Desktop due to a quot system registry error quot I have since installed Kaspersky Anti-Virus I have previously installed and uninstalled Norton Anti-Virus Trend-Micro Windows One Care and McAfee in the past but I can't seem to get rid of all the leftover files even after uninstalling the programs Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exeC Program Files Hauri ViRobot Desktop hpcsvc exeC Program Files Hauri Common hsvcmod exeC PROGRA Iomega System AppServices exeC WINDOWS system drivers KodakCCS exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC Program Files Iomega AutoDisk ADUserMon exeC Program Files Iomega DriveIcons ImgIcon exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Hauri ViRobot Desktop PCFirewall vrfwsvc exeC Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exeC Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exeC WINDOWS system tbctray exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Network Adapter with SpeedBooster WLService exeC Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Network Adapter with SpeedBooster WMP GSv exeC Program Files Iomega AutoDisk ADService exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exeC Documents and Settings User Desktop HiJackThis- exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com customize search ie htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localN - Mozilla user pref quot browser startup homepage quot quot http home netscape com quot C Documents and Settings USER Application Data Mozilla Profiles default p h hj slt prefs js N - Mozilla user pref quot browser search defaultengine quot quot http www google com quot C Documents and Settings USER Application Data Mozilla Profiles default p h hj slt prefs js O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - EBB ECC- A - F - A - F D B B - no file O - BHO NCO IE BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - no file O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT IDS IPSBHO dll file missing O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F -... Read more

A:Blue Screen Shutdown, System 32 Startup Error Messages & Anti-virus Program Problems

Hi Squeak81,

If you still need help please post a fresh HijackThis log and I'll be happy to look at it for you.

Thanks for your patience.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/102858/blue-screen-shutdown-system-32-startup-error-messages-anti-virus-program-problems/
Relevancy 100.19%

Hello.

Just today, I turned on my computer and got the blue screen of death, so I restarted my PC. Then a black screen came up saying "Windows could not start beacuse the following file is missing or corrupt : \windows\system32\config\system."

You can attempt to repair this file by putting the winxp cd in etc...

Now when i turn on my computer there is just a black screen showing, with nothing at all on it.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks very much for your help.

A:Blue screen of death, boot problems, black screen startup

It's a nasty error that requires some persistance and resourcefullness to overcome without a clean install.

If you have a Windows CD or have the recovery console installed, you might want to have a go at these directions.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;307545

Forum example of a successful recovery here:

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=195985

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death-boot-problems-black-screen-startup.382012/
Relevancy 100.19%

Hi thanks startup, death Black at Solved: all blue with began screen screen a of for checking Solved: Black screen of death at startup, all began with a blue screen my question I haven t found an answer to my particular situation Dell xps m laptop w vista It all started with a blue screen w scrolling text after the fated restart The blue screen text said quot if this is the first time you ve seen this message quot and then comp restarted again showing the blue screen then restarted into windows repair mode after repair mode tried to fix Solved: Black screen of death at startup, all began with a blue screen the problem comp restarted then the screen went black blank right after the little windows loading animation where the bar keeps moving from left to right and there s a small windows logo It all happened fast so there may have been steps I forgot but that s the jist of it Now screen always goes black blank during startup after the windows loading animation so I can t start windows in normal mode I can start in safe mode if I manually force shutdown by holding the power button so I m not imploding with fear ok I am Possible causes This occured right after installing vista updates that restart was when I saw the blue screen Also occured the restart after running a patch called quot Vista TCP IP and UAC AutoPatch quot I downloaded it from softpedia the developer was listed as defcon and their website listed was securevista net but the site is down I found this out after the problem occured The patch had lots of positive reviews and lots of people on other sites also suggest using it to remove the limit of tcp connections which windows unnecessarily imposes Removing the limit supposedly increases P P filesharing speeds so it s a common approach to slow utorrent problems etc to patch the tcp sys file I have since quot unpatched quot it using the unpatch file which came with it but I m suspicious of the software developer now The patch originally disabled UAC user account control which is suspicious to me but I m not highly tech savy so I dunno if that s common or not I did also remove mcafee s security center I was busy I guess that was a mistake should always restart after each big change I apologize for the complication this creates in identifying the problem It s possible I did something else before the fatal restart if none of these three could be the culprit then I ll think harder about what that could be but for now these changes stand out in my mind I m assuming that windows repair mode s changes didn t cause this problem but I don t have any factual reason to believe that What could this be What can I do Thank you p s This is the last time I ever install software from a company that doesn t have an active website even if this wasn t the problem s cause nbsp

A:Solved: Black screen of death at startup, all began with a blue screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-black-screen-of-death-at-startup-all-began-with-a-blue-screen.804669/
Relevancy 98.04%

Gest a Blue Screen no message.....no error nothing comes up just a Blue blank screen

A:Gest a Blue Screen no message.....no error nothing comes up just a Blue blank screen

more info please. we need more info before we can help you out. system specs, what is the error message? etc.etc.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/gest-a-blue-screen-no-message-no-error-nothing-comes-up-just-a-blue-blank-screen-83680.html
Relevancy 97.61%

I m not sure if this is one virus or if my computer has somehow picked up several but it is pretty much completely screwed I can t access ANYTHING properly so i am posting this message from another computer This is what happens when I turn my computer on blank blue screen with program error message quot explorer exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows quot if i click quot ok quot the message goes away and i am left with a blank blue screen and i have to reboot the computer if i don t click ok windows starts to load up an error screen, explorer.exe white about:blank screen, black looks normal at first but then another error message pops up the same one and the screen turns black and says some junk like quot Warning You re in danger quot and then some junk about spyware then a few seconds later another error message pops up and the screen turns white and says quot Active Desktop Recovery Microsoft Windows has experienced and unexpected error quot It gives me an option to quot click here to restore quot but nothing happens when i do click it and then another error message pops up and explorer.exe error black screen, white screen, about:blank the screen goes black again then another message and it goes white and so on I can t really open any programs properly because another error message will pop up and shut down the start menu before i get a chance to open anything I managed to run ad-aware and it found some problems that i cleaned up then spybot found nothing then i explorer.exe error black screen, white screen, about:blank rebooted explorer.exe error black screen, white screen, about:blank and was having the same problem so i rebooted in safe mode and scanned for spyware again and found nothing I somehow managed to run hijackthis and print the log so now i guess i ll have to type it up i might do some abbreviations Running processes c WINNT system smss exe but system is with a capital S csrss exe winlogon exe services exe lsass exe svchost exe spoolsv exe svchost exe but system is with a capital S regsvc exe MSTask exe tcpsvcs exe but system is with a capital S zonelabs vsmon exe WBEM WinMgmt exe but system is with a capital S MsPMSPSv exe svchost exe internat exe wuauclt exe C Program Files Telstra Signup tbpt exe Telstra Cable Login bpcable exe Quicktime qttask exe Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe iTunes iTunesHelper exe Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe iPod bin iPodService exe Sony Corporation Image Transfer SonyTray exe C winnt msmsgnce exe nvsvws exe C WINNT explorer exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about NavigationFailure R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page about NavigationFailure R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about NavigationFailure R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page about NavigationFailure R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant about NavigationFailure R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant about NavigationFailure R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main HomeOldSP about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main HomeOldSP about blank okay this is killing me i am going to leave out stuff that i know is ok O - BHO no name - DEA E - ED- - - DC BEC F - C WINNT openwin dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO sr - F A- D - c - C-B CF A - C WINNT msmsgnc dll O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run Disc Detector C Program Files Creative ShareDLL CtNotify exe O - HKLM Run loader C WINNT loader exe O - HKLM RunOnce Srv spool service C WINNT System spoolsrv exe O - HKCU Run cmsound c winnt msmsgnce exe O - HKCU Run winltmpv c winnt nvsvwc exe O - HKCU RunOnce Srv spool service C WINNT System spoolsrv exe O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Cl... Read more

A:explorer.exe error black screen, white screen, about:blank

Yes, you've got a few malware entries in there (a CoolWebSearch hijack, and a couple of trojans), though it's not going to be easy to remedy without seeing the complete HJT log. Can you possibly copy the log to floppy and then post it from the other computer?

What's the Windows OS?
eg. Is it Windows 2000 sp4? Or is it WinXP Pro sp2?

What version of HijackThis is it? v1.99.1 is the latest version.
Is HijackThis.exe running from a permanent folder, and not from within a zip file in a Temp folder?
This is important. Make sure HijackThis.exe is installed in eg.
C:\Program Files\HijackThis
Re: your questions at the end of your post:
Don't worry about WINNT / winnt and System32 / system32
They are both exactly the same (whether smallcase or uppercase or a mixture).
svchost.exe is legitimate and is an integral part of Windows NT/2k/XP (Services Host).
It is normal to have multiple instances of it running.

http://www.intermute.com/spysubtract/cwshredder_download.html
http://cwshredder.net/bin/CWShredder.exe
AboutBuster
http://www.besttechie.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1488 (tutorial)
http://www.downloads.subratam.org/AboutBuster.zip

You will need to unzip AboutBuster.zip to a folder on the good pc,
then open AboutBuster.exe
click the Update button
download the updates
then copy the entire AboutBuster folder over to the infected pc.
Download the attached cleanup.zip file.
The zip contains a .bat and a .reg file.
Unzip them and copy the .bat and .reg file over to the infected pc.
Make a copy of them on the desktop and in My Documents.
You could also run them both directly from a floppy.
However, don't run either just yet.
I will tell you what they do and when to use them later in the instructions below.

Boot into Safe Mode

Close all windows.

Run HJT scan again

Place a checkmark next to the following entries only
and click "Fix checked":

R1- HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar= about:NavigationFailure

R1- HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page= about:NavigationFailure

R1- HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar= about:NavigationFailure

R1- HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page= about:NavigationFailure

R1- HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,SearchAssistant= about:NavigationFailure

R0- HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,SearchAssistant= about:NavigationFailure

R1- HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,HomeOldSP= about:blank

R1- HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,HomeOldSP= about:blank

O2- BHO: (no name) - {4DEA7E54-68ED-4281-9087-5DC1BEC976F0} - C:\WINNT\openwin.dll

O2- BHO: sr - {5742F79A-1D91-42c4-990C-B46CF55A6478} - C:\\WINNT\msmsgnc.dll

O4 - HKLM\...\Run: [loader32] C:\WINNT\loader.exe

O4 - HKLM\...\RunOnce: [Srv32 spool service] C:\WINNT\System32\spoolsrv32.exe

O4 - HKCU\...\Run:[cmsound] c:\winnt\msmsgnce.exe

O4 - HKCU\...\Run:[winltmpv] c:\winnt\nvsvwc.exe

O4 - HKCU\...\RunOnce: [Srv32 spool service] C:\WINNT\System32\spoolsrv32.exe

017- HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\ {FCFFAD89-8D48-49EC-BA2D-4703CF71009D}: NameServer= 69.50.184.84,195.225.176.37

017- HKLM\System\CS1\Services\VxD\MSTCP: NameServer= 69.50.184.84,195.225.176.37

017- HKLM\System\CS2\Services\VxD\MSTCP: NameServer= 69.50.184.84,195.225.176.37

017- HKLM\System\CCS\Services\VxD\MSTCP: NameServer= 69.50.184.84,195.225.176.37

O18- Filter: text/html- {D64FC72D-0FFE-467-A70E-E7C0C325733C} - C:\WINNT\openwin.dll

O18- Filter: text/plain- {D64FC72D-0FFE-467-A70E-E7C0C325733C} - C:\WINNT\openwin.dll

Close HJT

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/explorer-exe-error-black-screen-white-screen-about-blank.338489/
Relevancy 97.61%

Really frustrated after buying Lenovo Y700 15ISK recently. All drivers updated even applied steps from this post but still randomly screen goes blank (Black screen) while the power is still on. Also observed that harddisk light blinking turns off too after this. Is it hardware related issue?Please help to resolve it.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y700-Error-Screen-goes-Blank-Black-Screen/td-p/3315813
Relevancy 95.89%

thanks in advance for helping me
i have a dell latitude running windows xp
i was having problems with it
so i was running gmer on it
while i was running it i got the bsod
then the computer restarted with check disk
since then i cant get the computer started not even in safe start mode
i do have an option to use windows recovery when i go through the start up but nothing is working
thanks again

A:blank black screen after startup

Does this concern the same computer as the topic here? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic425883.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/431899/blank-black-screen-after-startup/
Relevancy 95.89%

I recently bought a radeon x Sapphire card x agp mb worked very nicely at first tried it on all my high end games doom blackwhite painkiller to see how the performance was compared to my if it was worth it it sure was what a screen at help black startup Blank up? HUGE difference can run all my games on high settings look very nice never knew this cheap card Blank black screen at startup up? help would provide such good game-play Oh ya forgot the driver cd didn t not work dvd drive couldn t detect cd so i just downloaded it from ati instead works on my regular cdrw drive strange So when i restart my pc it just hangs there blank black screen same as my last pc that i thought i fryed it at first having Blank black screen at startup up? help second thoughts about my other one never knew this card uses an extra power extension and yes i have it connected And when i switch to my tuner card works fine no black screen And i bought extra ram for the card also Have no idea what i did wrong or installed wrong or am i doing something wrong or did the card just die on me the first day my pc is athlon pc chip board socket A m series ddr GB ram x HD x HD x Dvd dual drive x cdrw drive unconnected Power supply is rosewill that came with the cheap case W nbsp

Relevancy 95.89%

Hi guys I have a dell inspiron labtop about - years old that I use at home and in my car for datalogging the cars information while driving racing To put it simply when I start the computer up it runs but the screen is black blank the whole time Now keep in mind some issues I had previously were the following while the computer was running the screen would go blank out of no where We found out that the harddrive was shot and replaced it While using my labtop in the car I d notice that the screen is not as sturdy as it was brand new meaning when we d hit bumps on the road the screen would move slightly due to possibly the hinges not being tight any more Well anyway with this movement I suspected that was one of the Black/blank At Startup Screen reasonings why my screen would all of a sudden go blank black Because if I d use both of my hands to hold the screen so it wouldn t have a chance to move it seemed like the screen would be ok and not shut off turn black Those were the quot beggining quot issues before this black screen at startup thing happened Not sure if they re related or not Black/blank Screen At Startup Anyway now is now and the screen doesn t light up at all Black/blank Screen At Startup I see Black/blank Screen At Startup nothing at start up yet the computer will run until I shut it off manually Any info would be appreciated

A:Black/blank Screen At Startup

Hiya mate, welcome to the forum, hope we can be of some assistance!

Sorry to hear about your problem. It sounds to me that the screen maybe kaput, a quick way to find out is to connect your laptop to a monitor, this way the laptop should hopefully output whats on the laptop to the monitor. Give that a try and see what happens.

If not luck pop back and we'll see what we can do!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/107772/blackblank-screen-at-startup/
Relevancy 95.46%

First I run Windows and keep it updated as much as Microsoft releases updates I also reguarly Blank Blue > screen Error > loading screen run anti-virus anti-spyware defrag etc The problem started weeks ago when I booted the computer it showed the MB splash screen and then instead of the loading screen it just showed quot Error loading OS quot in the top left Well I figured the hard drive was going so I pulled it out blew it off tapped on it checked connections and stuck Error loading > Blue screen > Blank screen it back in Rebooted and everything seemed fine and has the past weeks Well today I was playing Civilization and the screen went blue Yes the dreaded blue screen but no error messages on the screen or anything Just a solid blue screen The computer didn t respond to anything so I pushed the power button on the case Well upon restarting nothing happens Just a blank screen No MB splash screen or anything Everything is powered up and I can hear the hard drive spinning but nothing is on the screen Specs Windows Pro ASUS P C E Deluxe mobo Ghz P GB Kingston ValueRAM ATI XT Maxtor hard drive Old Any help is appreciated nbsp

A:Error loading > Blue screen > Blank screen

Doubt this will help but have you tried seeing if you can start in safe mode?

Reboot and hit F8 as it tries to start up. Think it is F8 in 2000

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-loading-blue-screen-blank-screen.443658/
Relevancy 95.03%

Hi I have a Dell Inspiron and today I suddenly got a blue screen error message the main message said quot PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA quot After rebooting I got the same message Then on the next reboot I couldn't get to the login screen I used my Dell error, 6000 on screen help! screen Inspiron Blue now - black boot, OS Recovery CD that I created to try and repair Windows XP It asked for a place to partition fragment Windows and then it went through copying files etc After that I tried to restart I got the Inspiron 6000 - Blue screen error, now black screen on boot, help! normal Dell Boot screen but then it went to a black screen with only a flashing cursor in the top Inspiron 6000 - Blue screen error, now black screen on boot, help! left hand corner I cannot do the Ctrl Alt F option to recover Windows XP I can only either choose F or F at the initial boot screen Please help I really do not know what to do What is the blue screen error message all about I haven't installed any software or hardware so I do not see what might of caused the problem Help

A:Inspiron 6000 - Blue screen error, now black screen on boot, help!

Do you have another windows xp cd you can get your hands on? I recommend performing a checkdisk repair on your computer and see if that helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/inspiron-6000-blue-screen-error-now-black-screen-on-boot-help-231776.html
Relevancy 94.6%

I started having issues yesterday the day after I installed teamviewer a program that is on my and startup screen blank black Computer iPad also to remotely control the laptop At first the screen started freezing when I was in the middle of a Java game So I restarted the laptop only to have it freeze at the main screen after login The screen would freeze the display would change to a very low resolution I think So I kept restarting it only to repeat Until eventually once past the windows logo the screen would turn black and blank Sometimes the Computer startup black and blank screen display would turn on black and Computer startup black and blank screen blank and other times it would do that after the logo A few times I managed to get it to go into safe mode and I restored to a few days ago but it made no difference I also tried many other things like changing some settings but nothing worked So after like or hours I Rolled back and disabled nvidia quadro nvs m since I read it might be causing the issue and I should uninstall it which I couldn't once I disabled it I restarted the computer and made it to the main screen without issues and I could even load my game I enabled it again And restarted the computer only to have the same issues so I disabled it again after finally getting into safe mode I don't know if it works fine now I left it on at most for - minutes without any issues and I never actually logged into the game to see if it works Like I said I tried restoring to an earlier time but I think the issue is with that particular driver but I have no idea how to fix it

A:Computer startup black and blank screen

I figured out that in my display settings instead of showing my main monitor it only shows "mobile pc display". I know that means from a mobile device but I don't see the option to change back to the main screen. By using the previously mentioned app it changed my settings and so now I don't know how to get the main display screen.
I tried restoring to a previous version before but that didn't do anything, so I'm guessing it didn't fix the display issue. I also tried reinstalling the driver at least twice and nothing.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/561595/computer-startup-black-and-blank-screen/
Relevancy 94.6%

Hello I'm new here and I so hope someone can help me since I'm not the sharpest computer tool in the shed Screen,Blue Internet Screen,Error..HELP!! Explorer-Black This issue has started happening and I have no clue I have cleared cookies history etc but that hasn't worked Here's Internet Explorer-Black Screen,Blue Screen,Error..HELP!! the deal When I click Internet Explorer Icon of my desk top or go to start programs etc to open Explorer it seems as if it's going to open then the screen goes black for a second then a blue screen comes up and says quot An error has occured ctrl alt delete to restart click any key to continue to windows etc you know the one Well the error is this D FA I can click any key and return to desk top Can someone please help me The only way I'm able to be here is thankfully I have JUNO as my ISP and they have their own browser window Also in checking mail for instance in Hot Mail if I clicked a link in an e-mail to go to a certain page same thing black screen blue screen error etc It would be wonderfull if someone could maybe e-mail me step by step what I might could do xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxx Thanks Carmen

A:Internet Explorer-Black Screen,Blue Screen,Error..HELP!!

Need more info.. Win98, ME. 2000, XP? SP1, SP2? What version of IE you are running? Post the full error message if you can. This would be helpful to an assistor. There is a fatal error somewhere but without this info it isn't likely anyone can help locate a fix.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-explorer-black-screen-blue-screen-error-help-43600.html
Relevancy 94.6%

New to the thread.... not sure if i'm posting right, soo correct me if u want =)
Anyway.. yesterday I turned my computer on and got the screen "Sorry for the convenience blah blah blah... Start Windows Normally, Safe Mode...ect.
I chose Start Windows Normally, which did indeed start windows normally, but I wasn't sure what caused this problem in the first place, so i ignored it. I turned my computer off.

Later i turned my computer back on and was confronted by another screen, this time a Blue screen.. A Stop error, can't exactly remember the error, but said something about "memory dump'...
I eventually got avoided a problem with this screen and got into windows.. However this morning, when i turn the computer on, I was forced to use 'Last Known Good Configuration"

Whats going on? I did scans on Norton, Adaware & Spybot.

Please help!!

A:Blue Screen, Black Screen??? Stop Error Code?

Hi Kirstie, computers are great when they work huh? These stop errors and blue screens of death can have many causes. Sometimes they occur when a computer is getting older and some piece of hardware is going bad, like a memory stick for instance. Other times these errors occur after installing a new program or doing a windows update. They can be quite difficult to pin down sometimes as well. I would be glad to help you find the cause of the error if you will answer a few questions for me. By answering these questions I should be able to determine the cause and help you to correct it.

Here are some questions for you to answer that will help me. Just answer them the best you can and if you dont know an answer its ok. If you already answered anything I'm asking in your first post just skip over it.

1). What kind of computer do you have? Laptop? Desktop? Dell, HP, Ect?
2). Whats your level of experience? Novice, intermediate, expert, or dont know squat?
3). What operating system are you using? Xp Home or XP Pro?
4). What antivirus are you using? Are you using a firewall?
5) Please tell us a little about your computer. How old is your computer? What size Hard drive does it have?, processor, ram, Bios ver. Ect.
6). Do you have an Xp disk for this computer?
7). Does your computer have a floppy drive, CD drive, Ect.?
8). Do you have access to another working computer with an internet connection?
9). Did you noticed this problem occuring after installing anything recently?
10). Has your computer done a windows update recently?
11). Have you made any changes to the computer recently? Hardware or software?

and anything else that might help us help you. Remember we are trying to help from a forum so all we have to go on is what you can tell us.

I will monitor this thread throughout the day. If you resolve this problem on your own or with the info I provided please let me know so I can move on to other issues. Also please mark this thread solved using the thread tools option located at the top of this thread and selecting solved from the drop down menu when your computer is working correctly and you are through with this thread.

Thank you
Patmark

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-black-screen-stop-error-code-520585.html
Relevancy 93.74%

I left my computer on over night on sunday, when i checked my computer late monday evening it just had a blank black screen on it. I rebooted the computer and it loads all the way to the winXP logo and then it displays this blank black screen with nothing on it. no sound no nothing. I tried starting "the last known good configuration" and the same thing occurs... i can start the computer in all 3 safe modes, but no other option works. i have no idea what to do. i didn't install any new software or hardware. any ideas?

A:blank black screen after windows logo on startup

Boot to safe mode, set your display for a generic vga, low resolution. Restart in standard mode, see if you get display. If so, start then, select correct display driver and try, step by step, to get back to where you were. If, somewhere along the line, you get the blank screen again, you should have an idea what happend.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blank-black-screen-after-windows-logo-on-startup.561347/
Relevancy 93.74%

Hello I have a ThinkPad Edge E bit Windows computer that is under warranty Upon normal startup I am able to load Windows and get to the user login screen After logging in I get a black screen and can Screen 7 Windows Black/Blank Startup upon Normal see the mouse cursor but no applications ever load Black/Blank Screen upon Normal Windows 7 Startup I think there is a problem that is preventing windows explorer from loading I'm not sure if this is related but a few days before this started happening I received a Windows Action Center notice that the small CA virus was detected on my computer I ran Windows Defender Malwarebytes Black/Blank Screen upon Normal Windows 7 Startup McAfee Virus Scan and Emisoft Emergency Scanner but none of them turned up any problems I'm able to run my computer through Windows safe mode with networking at the moment normally Do you know if this is a software problem and if so is it fixable If it's a hardware problem my computer is under warranty and I can send it back Thanks XSJ

A:Black/Blank Screen upon Normal Windows 7 Startup

In the Advanced Boot Options where you chose Safe Mode with Networking there is the option to Repair your computer.  Give this a try.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/518198/blackblank-screen-upon-normal-windows-7-startup/
Relevancy 93.31%

Hey there First time using forums as usually I never get to this point We have a computer in our office that has literally just bricked its self after yesterday After a couple of start-ups the computer does go in as normal although of the time on startup it will load Windows then get to this Blue Screen and login. startup screen before blue Blank after just die This is not an informative blue screen BSOD but literally just a blank blue screen its similar to the blank black screen people are having If the computer goes to sleep then it will simply just not wake up from this state I have tried booting safe mode and rolling back windows update to no avail the drive is also visible in bios so there is no disk corruption etc I also tried an SFC scan to check if it was core files and it wasn't Anything to try or any pointers would be greatly appreciated Cheers An under pressure IT Blank blue screen after startup before login. technician

A:Blank blue screen after startup before login.

Did you run scans in safemode to see if it was virus/malware related? It sounds like it might be that, considering there isnt any core file corruption. Did you try a chkdsk to see if there were any problems with the drive itself? If not I would run both in that order.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/71937-blank-blue-screen-after-startup-before-login.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Please help me. Have no computer terms smarts. I have a HP Pavilion labtop that on startup it shows a light blue blank screen. Please help me.  It has happened before and I found a fix with one of the f keys repeatedly being pushed on startup.  Then is went to a diagnostics screen, ( I think)  Sorry for not having more info.  It is windows 8.

A:Blank light blue screen on startup

I now have more info.   pressed f2 on startup and it took me to a black screen where I could do some tests.  The long hard drive failed
 FAILURE ID GLHWSW-6RA7H5-MFPWXG-61E103  
PRODUCT ID EOK22UA#ABA
HOPE THIS HELPS.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565963/blank-light-blue-screen-on-startup/
Relevancy 92.88%

Hello I think my computer is infected with some sort of malware and I am looking for help in resolving the issue My symptoms are this My computer was running extremely slow and I feared it was infected so I ran malwarebytes to see if anyrhing came up and it did I deleted Black at - with Malware! Infected Startup Blank Think Is Screen Computer the infected files and restarted my computer Then all hell broke lose and now the screen is just black with Think Computer Is Infected with Malware! - Blank Black Screen at Startup a cursor in the center I have tried to see what this means and I can just tell you this i can log in normally and force run explorere and everything seems to work fine from there but Think Computer Is Infected with Malware! - Blank Black Screen at Startup it wont work on its own I hope you can help PS This is my first post and not too good with computers so go easy on me Here is my DDS Log DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Andrew at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Symantec Think Computer Is Infected with Malware! - Blank Black Screen at Startup Endpoint Protection Enabled Updated DF - - D- - DC EFD BF SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Symantec Endpoint Protection Enabled Updated D BEB -B A- E - B -B B Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system ibmpmsvc exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows System WUDFHost exe C Program Files ThinkVantage Fingerprint Software upeksvr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files LENOVO HOTKEY TPHKSVC exe C Program Files LENOVO HOTKEY TPHKLOAD exe C Program Files x Lenovo Access Connections AcPrfMgrSvc exe C PROGRA LENOVO HOTKEY tpnumlk exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files x Lenovo Access Connections AcSvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Autodesk Shared AppManager R AdAppMgrSvc exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system taskeng exe C PROGRA Lenovo Zoom TPSCREX EXE C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows Explorer EXE C PROGRA Lenovo HOTKEY TPONSCR EXE C PROGRA Lenovo HOTKEY SHTCTKY EXE C PROGRA LENOVO HOTKEY tpnumlkd exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x Lenovo Screen Reading Optimizer SRORest exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files x ArcGIS License bin lmgrd exe C Program Files x ArcGIS License bin lmgrd exe C Program Files x Autodesk Content Service Connect Service ContentService exe C Program Files x ArcGIS License bin ARCGIS exe C Program Files x Microsoft BingDesktop BingDesktopUpdater exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files ThinkPad Bluetooth Software btwdins exe C Program Files Intel CAM bin CAMService exe C Windows system CxAudMsg exe C Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exe C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C Program Files x Lenovo Access Connections SvcGuiHlpr exe C Program Files x Intel Services IPT jhi service exe C Program Files Lenovo Communications Utility CAMMUTE exe C Program Files LENOVO HOTKEY MICMUTE exe C Program Files Lenovo Communications Utility TPKNRSVC exe C Prog... Read more

A:Think Computer Is Infected with Malware! - Blank Black Screen at Startup

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/561829 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/561829/think-computer-is-infected-with-malware-blank-black-screen-at-startup/
Relevancy 92.45%

My compute has a not quite black screen at startupI uinderstand that this migh tbe cuased from a Windows automatic updateI am not able to do a system restore as there is no video

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Blue-or-Black-screen-at-startup/td-p/5785674
Relevancy 92.45%

I justr turned on my pc this morning and after being asked whether to boot from last known good or from normal, the screen goes blue/black and just stays like that and nothing happens hope its nothing serious. I don't have a backup cd.

A:Blue/black screen after startup

Have you tried booting into safe mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-black-screen-after-startup.908874/
Relevancy 92.02%

Hi everyone! My parents have a windows 7 Asus pc (I believe home premium) and when started it goes to the black screen stating that it was shut down incorrectly and gives you the option of running startup repair or starting windows normally. When starting windows normally is chosen it appears to begin starting as normal and then goes to a blank blue screen (of death?) with a black border on the left and bottom sides. I'm not much more computer savvy than they are and have no idea what the problem is or where to start. What does this mean?

A:Windows 7 Asus blank blue screen upon startup

Hi,

Are you experiencing a BSOD? Like this?:

Are you able to boot into Advanced Boot Options?
If so please choose "Last known Good Configuration"

If you are able to boot into windows, reconfigure windows to collect the correct info
You want small memory dumps - "MiniDumps"

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/174459-dump-files-configure-windows-create-bsod.html

And here are the instructions for posting:

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

Tip
Ensure you click the "GRAB ALL" button and then wait for each window to appear in turn and then click OK

Cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/290852-windows-7-asus-blank-blue-screen-upon-startup.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Here is the rundown blue screen screen and black error help of what happened in sequence maybe someone could help me When I started up my Toshiba black screen and blue screen error help laptop windows vista home premium -bit computer it booted until it got to the login screen Then a c error popped up preventing me to login I have attatched the image of the error I would have to click ok a black screen and blue screen error help few times for it to go away to login and I deleted the latest program I had on my computer which was a computer game When i turned on my computer the following day it appeared again so uninstalling the game did not fix it This time I decided to restart it again but this time it went to a black screen before the login screen So I restarted again in safe mode it would load the drivers and it would freeze before login on the black screen After restarting again I was prompted to do a system repair which I went ahead and did but my OS did not appear for the actual repair After it was finished it said it could not fix the problem So I restarted again and this time I decided to do a driver check and when the tests were done my computer went to the Blue screen of death then restarted Now it is just a pattern Now I tried F to no avail I have no vista disk Maybe someone knows how to fix it Get back to me as quick as you can nbsp

A:black screen and blue screen error help

what is on the bsod

run the dos diagnostic on the hard drive

http://storage.toshiba.com/storage-services-support/warranty-support/software-utilities

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-and-blue-screen-error-help.1078235/
Relevancy 91.16%

Screen randomly goes black then comes back on, no message saying display driver has stopped working. Happens every 10-15 minutes. Fresh install of windows 7 too. Anyone has this problem before? Should I try re-seating GPU?

A:Screen goes black for a second then back on without any error messages

ok so its not ever 10-15, just went 2 hours without it happening, wasn't doing anything GPU intensive, reading my mail..

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/323049-screen-goes-black-second-then-back-without-any-error-messages.html
Relevancy 90.73%

hey everyone For about a week now Error Messages Screen Blue i have been getting blue screen shut down messages Sometimes Blue Screen Error Messages they may only occur once whilst other time they may occur up to more time after the initial error Below is the data that is included the Blue Screen Error Messages messages Upon restarting my system I onlt see the quot system has recovered from serious error quot dialogue box and upon sending an error report to microsoft IE amp opens and takes me to the following link http wer microsoft com responses R f- a c a A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL If this is the first time you ve seen this stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any Windows updates you might need If problems continue disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select advanced startup options and then select safe mode Stop x A xDEF F DO x c x x ESDF Beginning dump of physical memory Physical memory dump complete Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance Several different stop error message have been displayed including the one above and Stop x A x x x x f thnx ur help

A:Blue Screen Error Messages

post your system specs including the power supply details
have installed any new drivers recently

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-error-messages-161968.html
Relevancy 90.73%

My computer keeps saying the device drivers needed to go into stanby and hibernation are not working need to be reinstalled Also a blue screen saying to restart my comp because it had crashed error Blue screen messages and appeared Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C Blue screen and error messages WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer Blue screen and error messages EXE C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security pccguide exe C Program Files MediaGateway MediaGateway exe C PROGRA MUSICM MUSICM MMDiag exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH Musicmatch Jukebox mim exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C PROGRA Dell QuickSet quickset exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Dell AIO Printer A dlbabmgr exe C Program Files Corel Corel Photo Album MediaDetect exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TMAS OE TMAS OEMon exe C Program Files Dell AIO Printer A dlbabmon exe C Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopIndex exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PcCtlCom exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN Tmntsrv exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN TmPfw exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS ehome ehshell exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C WINDOWS system igfxext exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN tmproxy exe C Program Files Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C DOCUME CAROLY LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ecampus emerson edu R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId amp clcid SUB CLCID O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Zango Search Assistant Helper - F D - BF- -A B- CF F - c program files zango zangohook dll file missing O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO CBrowserHelperObject O... Read more

Relevancy 90.73%

Ocasionally my computer will disconnect me from whatever I'm doing, flash a blue screen with white writing (very fast) saying something about the IRQL not being equal. How do I stop this? Especially annoying while playing online poker!

Relevancy 90.73%

I keep getting blue screen error messages, usually when playing The Sims 2. The message is below. Anyone know what it means?

stop: 0x0000008E(0xC0000005,0xBFA72797,0F67896980x00000000)

nv4_disp.dll - address BFA72797 base at BF9D3000,datestamp 00000000

I actually missed a bit at the beginning. On the second time it happened I got roughly the same message but noted what it said at the start. It was

'The problem seems to be caused by the following faulty file.

nv4_disp.dll
PAGE FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.
I've also had messages mentioning 'BAD POOLS' (??)

A:Blue screen error messages

Have a look here:Stop messagesYou can get the .dll file here:nv4_disp.dll

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/14240/blue-screen-error-messages/
Relevancy 90.73%

My husbands laptop is a Compaq Presario CQ60 running Vista. Yesterday, when he started his computer, after signing in, it went straight to a blue screen with no error messages. Help!!!

A:Blue Screen no Error Messages

Hi ottertale1004 and Welcome to BC!

Is the bluescreen a permanent issue on normal startup or intermittent? Can you try running Safemode to check on the difference. To start safemode is by tapping F8 on early bootup or splashcreen and while in the Advance Mode, choose safemode. Are there any prior issues before this has started to happen?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/495312/blue-screen-no-error-messages/
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi all I hope someone can help I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro L with Windows XP When I try to start up after the toshiba welcome it goes straight to a black screen prompting me to either start up normally or last config Once entered it goes to the Windows Welcome page with the green boxes flashing across at the bottom then briefly goes to a blue screen with screen, blue, Laptop restart) won't startup (black white writing switches off straight away and re-starts It does this Laptop won't startup (black screen, blue, restart) with all option in the black screen safe mode with networking etc I have tried to tap F to get into DOS and this didnt work Neither did F or F at start up I am sure I have not loaded any new software recently and cannot seem to even get to a point to do a system restore Admittedly my recovery CD is at another location Is there anything I can try to solve this Many thanks BlueY nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-startup-black-screen-blue-restart.664844/
Relevancy 89.87%

Hello Yesterday my brother was using the PC downloading a large file with a program called Internet Download Manager and at the same time he put in an already-burned VCD disk He said a little window MESSAGES SCREEN AFTER BLUE DISC ERROR with a red X came up and sian something about Access Denied he took it out tried again and thsame then a Blue Screen appeared which I didn t get a chance to see It seems to be mostly all right but it thinks several random old programs are newly installed the Firefox history is all weird it doesn BLUE SCREEN AFTER DISC ERROR MESSAGES t list things in order and Firefox itself keeps giving me that screen with a picture of a crossing guard saying that sites like Google don t have BLUE SCREEN AFTER DISC ERROR MESSAGES valid secure connections or something and that quot someone may be impersonating this site quot I don t know why that happened BLUE SCREEN AFTER DISC ERROR MESSAGES with the disk all I can think of is that That Internet Download Manager was something he had just installed yesterday though it seemed to be downloading all right for some minutes before this happened and We have slow dial-up and sometimes my PC in general just gets clunky while stuff is downloading

A:BLUE SCREEN AFTER DISC ERROR MESSAGES

UPDATE: the Firefox history seems to be working normally (though it still thinks certain pages are dated from 2004) , and the random old programs are no longer listed as new.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/479529/blue-screen-after-disc-error-messages/
Relevancy 89.87%

Hello I ve been having help blue resolving Need error screen, messages various constant blue screen problems for months now Admittedly I did little to help remedy it because I barely had any use for my computer Lately however I ve found that it s actually starting to worry me My knowledge regarding computers is limited however I d much rather try to get help online before going as far as taking it to a PC Repair shop Anyway regarding the problem I ve looked up a few random things Need help resolving blue screen, various error messages regarding the few errors I was able to make out before it crashed Typically the most frequent message is quot PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA quot however I ve also gotten one that says something like quot IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL quot To be honest I don t quite remember the exact wording of the latter At one point I tried finding the various STOP X codes however it seems to change each time I tried going to administrative controls and checking out the information from my crash reports Each one seems to have these files under quot Files to describe this problem quot Mini - dmp sysdata xml Version txt The Mini DMP number varies but it seems that each shut down report I checked had only these files listed as the problems Granted I haven t checked all of them yet their are a lot it can happen up to five or six times before I even access my desktop on a bad day but that seems to be the one thing all the crash reports share I ll do whatever is necessary to try and get my computer fixed if I ve left out any really important information please tell me and I ll find out how to get that information as well if it will help nbsp

A:Need help resolving blue screen, various error messages

fyi... In the future, this type of post should be in the BSOD Help forum (so it gets the proper attention)

I'll see if one of the mods can move it for you this time.

Welcome to TechSpot

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-resolving-blue-screen-various-error-messages.154915/
Relevancy 89.87%

Dell Dimension V400c, need another work bench computer for business, this dell works fine so I tried to put another hard drive with all my work information in this computer and it keeps telling me, Blue screen check disk for viruses and run checkdisk /f then it tells me INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. the hard drive is a Maxtor 80 gig it works fine in a Gateway AMD processor machine? What do I need to do to get the hard drive to work?

Relevancy 89.87%

Where to start--I have a Toshiba laptop running Windows Vista A few days ago Symantec Antivirus popped up with a window saying a program was asking permission to run and it gave me the Allow and Don t Allow options I didn t oh my! trojans error Blue and screen, messages recognize the program so I clicked quot Don t Allow quot but as soon as the window shut down it would reopen again immediately I kept clicking quot Don t Allow quot and after doing this multiple times it stopped for a bit However several minutes later it popped up again when I wasn t expecting it and unfortunately I was Blue screen, trojans and error messages oh my! already mid-click right over the quot Allow quot button and gave this strange program access Blue screen, trojans and error messages oh my! I don t recall what it said the program was but ever since then the computer is suffering MAJOR problems Symantec basically shut down after Blue screen, trojans and error messages oh my! several scans of not detecting anything System Restore on three occasions with different dates selected as far as several months back did not solve the problem Now the computer goes to the dreaded blue screen less than five minutes after being booted up I now have the computer rebooted in safe mode I ran Malwarebytes earlier and it detected a quot Trojan Dropper quot I deleted it but apparently that didn t help because I restarted the computer out of safe mode and got the blue screen again The Malwarebytes log had this information about the deleted Trojan Dropper if it helps any C Windows Temp tmp c a e c ed I had a feeling that I should stop trying to quot help quot the computer with my extremely limited knowledge so here I am Please help

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/388312/blue-screen-trojans-and-error-messages-oh-my/
Relevancy 89.87%

I have received the following two error messages from the blue screen of death BCCode d BCP BCP FF BCP BCP B CEC OSVer SP Product C DOCUME GNC LOCALS Temp Screen Blue messages......... of Death error WERbd dir Mini - dmp C DOCUME GNC LOCALS Temp WERbd dir sysdata xml Problem caused by computer hardware This problem was caused by an unrecoverable hardware error that caused the operating system to stop functioning Troubleshooting If you have received this error more than once it could indicate a serious problem with your computer We recommend that you do the following Back up your files to avoid data loss in case of Blue Screen of Death error messages......... a complete hardware failure Contact the original manufacturer of your computer to determine the specific component which Blue Screen of Death error messages......... is failing Additional technical information Although we know the problem is caused by a hardware component the error report does Blue Screen of Death error messages......... not contain enough information to tell us the specific component It is likely that the problem is being caused by one of the following computer components Random Access Memory RAM System board Central Processing Unit CPU Power supply BCCode a BCP BCP C D BCP BCP C OSVer SP Product C DOCUME GNC LOCALS Temp WER b d dir Mini - dmp C DOCUME GNC LOCALS Temp WER b d dir sysdata xml Corrupted error report Unfortunately the error report you submitted is corrupted and cannot be analyzed Corrupted error reports are rare They can be caused by hardware or software problems and they usually indicate a serious problem with your computer Troubleshooting Scenario Click here if this is the first corrupted error report for this computer Note any programs you have recently added your computer To check for recently added programs Click Start click Control Panel and then click Add or Remove Programs In the Sort by drop-down box select Date Last Used and then select Show updates The Last Used On date typically shows when you installed a program If you installed an update to a program you will see an Installed on date Note any hardware you have recently added to your computer including random access memory RAM video cards sound cards or hard drives Make sure that you have a good backup copy of your files To make a backup of your files you can use the Backup or Restore Wizard To start the Backup or Restore Wizard Click Start point to All Programs point to Accessories point to System Tools and then click Backup Follow the wizard to back up your files Follow the wizard to back up your files Scenario Click here if the corrupted error reports are persistent on this computer Note any changes made to your computer including both hardware devices and software programs that preceded the onset of crashes and persistent error reports To check for recently added programs Click Start click Control Panel and then click Add or Remove Programs In the Sort by drop-down box select Date Last Used and then select Show updates The Last Used On date typically shows when you installed a program If you installed an update to a program you will see an Installed on date Run any diagnostic tests supplied by the hardware manufacturer to verify that recently added hardware devices are operating properly This is especially important if you recently added or changed random access memory RAM in your system New or changed memory should also be tested with the Windows memory diagnostic test after using the manufacturer s test If there are recent software changes to your computer you can use System Restore to restore your computer s system files to an earlier point in time This provides a way to undo system changes to your computer without affecting your personal files such as e-mail documents or photos To run the System Restore wizard Click Start point to All Programs point to Accessories point to System Tools and then click System Restore Follow the directions in the wizard Any ideas on how to ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death-error-messages.535578/
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi guys, so I've recently completed my first new build, was very excited about, especially because hardware wise it is a big step up from the pc I've been working on for the past few years. Seeing as it is a new build it didn't have an original OS, I installed Windows 10. A few hours into properly using it for the first time I get the Kernel_security_check_failure blue screen error. After restarting I update all my drivers, everything works for roughly an hour, then I get the driver_irql_not_less_or_equal error. I wasn't entirely sure on how to try to fix that one and last but not least I got the system_service_exception error not too long after that. It's strange because I can boot up the PC just fine and always use it for at least half an hour before the blue screen restarts it. Thanks for the help beforehand.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/multiple-blue-screen-error-messages-1052834.html
Relevancy 89.87%

I am having major problems with my computer shutting down. I get a blue screen with many different messages. The lastest is 'WDM Driver Error 224, [asapiwzk.sys+4000 a7 F87E3000] I have also had 'memory management' and many others. Anyone understand this? I have uploaded this stuff to microsoft but no replies or help.

A:blue screen error messages at shutdown

Hi,

Go to start, control panel, system, hardware, device manager, and look for any area that has a red or yellow driver error flag....update that driver. Especially look in the Audio area for 'WDM Driver Error 224 because that one can be a sound driver issue (as well as other area, I might add).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-error-messages-at-shutdown-66241.html
Relevancy 89.87%

I have a Dell Precision other of and Screen Death messages error Blue running XP Pro Blue Screen of Death and other error messages In the past couple of weeks from time to time I have been getting the Blue Screen of Death The error is OX- This seems to happen more when my daughter is playing games I looked around online and found what may be the solution the video card and or the memory My video card is ATI firegl V I updated the drivers and the BIOS I have - mb of memory and four slots Earlier this year I bought extra memory sticks So I replaced my old memory with the new ones and everything works fine When I put all memory sticks so I can get GB I get an error message X Pro mb Bios P N -A - How do I get the computer to see all the memory Can memory cause the Blue Screen of Death Here s one other thing it seems it s taking longer to load all the desktop icons Thanks

A:Blue Screen of Death and other error messages

Download BlueScreenView:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/414257/blue-screen-of-death-and-other-error-messages/
Relevancy 88.58%

Hoping someone has some ideas. I have a Toshiba Satellite 2410-s185 running XP
When I turn the computer on I get the win XP and then these two error message.........
1. winlogon.exe
c:\windows\system32\KBDUS.Dll
not a valid windows Image
(only option is to click okay)

2. isass.exe
c:\windows\system32\cryptdll.dll
Not a valid windows image

.......then I get a BLUE screen and nothing else. Trying f8 brought me to the same blue screen Anyone have any ideas or should I just reinstall XP, which of course we all hate doing and losing everything.. lanievig

A:Toshiba won't boot error messages, blue screen

Hard drive error, or an infestation that has damaged the first four to eight sectors of your hard drive.
Toshiba does not have software for testing the hard drive fitness if it is Toshiba drive, but other drive manufacturers to have drive fitness tests for their own drives.
Since the drive will still turn, you can rescue your data using a mobile drive adapter from Geeks.com or Cyberguys.com, then put the drive into a desktop machine as a slave, then drag and drop to the good drive, then burn to a CD for reinstall.
Then run windows in a Full install mode to see if the drive can be reformatted and Windows reinstalled.
If not, you will need to buy a new hard drive. www.zipzoomfly.com, www.directron.com, and www.tigerdirect.com have very nice prices on mobile 2.5 inch hard drives nowadays.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-wont-boot-error-messages-blue-screen.82242/
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi I m trying to fix my Dell Inspiron as I have some issues for a while with my laptop The taskbar keeps freezing and I also error messages Blue Freezing taskbar Screen and get some blue screen errors and it keeps shutting down and then restarting I ran Malwarebytes Avast Freezing taskbar and Blue Screen error messages Windows Security Essentials and also Eset Online Scanner but I couldn t find any viruses or other malwares on my laptop Here s underneath copy of some of Freezing taskbar and Blue Screen error messages the Freezing taskbar and Blue Screen error messages Blue Screen error messages each time my system crashed and restarted Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode f BCP BCP BCP F BCP FFFFF C EC Hi OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Serge AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode f BCP BCP BCP F BCP FFFFF D OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Serge AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID P Additional information about the problem BCCode f BCP BCP BCP F BCP FFFFF FF BAA OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Serge AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml I hope somebody can give me some advices on how to fix these problems Thanks and have a nice day Serge nbsp

Relevancy 88.58%

I've been having trouble with searches popups blue screen slow computer etc I know I got something creepy crawly in the computer but thought I was rid of it Lost for options at blue hijacked google error messages, screen, the moment HJT log Logfile of blue screen, error messages, google hijacked Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exeC WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exec program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exeC Program Files Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exec PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system svchost exec TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Applet TAPPSRV exeC WINDOWS system fxssvc exeC Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Toshiba Toshiba Applet thotkey exeC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exeC Program Files Toshiba Tvs TvsTray exeC Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exeC WINDOWS system TPSMain exeC Program Files TOSHIBA Touch and Launch PadExe exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exeC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSServ exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC WINDOWS system TPSBattM exeC Program Files QuickTime QTTask exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files PIXELA ImageMixer SE for SD CameraMonitor exeC Program Files Verizon Wireless V CAST Music Manager MEMonitor exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page www google com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www toshibadirect com dpdstartO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dllO - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXEO - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXEO - HKLM Run ATIPTA quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe quot O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run THotkey C Program Files Toshiba Toshiba Applet thotkey exeO - HKLM Run NDSTray exe NDSTray exeO - HKLM Run Tvs C Program Files Toshiba Tvs TvsTray exeO - HKLM Run LtMoh C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exeO - HKLM Run TFncKy TFncKy exeO - HKLM Run TPSMain TPSMain exeO - HKLM Run PadTouch C Program Files TOSHIBA Touch and Launch PadExe exeO - HKLM Run SmoothView C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exeO - HKLM Run Pinger c... Read more

A:blue screen, error messages, google hijacked

Hello! My name is Sam and I will be helping you. In order to see what's going on with your computer I will ask for you to post various logs from the tools that we will use to resolve your issue. Please also share with me any information about how your computer is reacting and behaving each step of the way as we work through this process.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from hereSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Under the Custom Scan box paste this in

netsvcs
%systemdrive%\*.exe
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\eventlog.dll /s /md5
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\nvstor.sys /s /md5
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\atapi.sys /s /md5
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\viasraid.sys /s /md5
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\AGP440.sys /s /md5
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\vaxscsi.sys /s /md5
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\nvatabus.sys /s /md5
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\viamraid.sys /s /md5
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\nvata.sys /s /md5
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\tdl*.dll /s /md5
CREATERESTOREPOINT

Click the "Quick Scan" button.The scan should take just a few minutes.Please copy and paste both logs back here in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/272953/blue-screen-error-messages-google-hijacked/
Relevancy 88.58%

Built a new machine, Wish list details

trying to install windows vista fresh got me a blue screen. so i thought maybe if i installed a Windows xp and installed some drivers it would work but there a error message that it cant run i should use the windows install media. and restarting the comp with the dvd still gets me a blue screen.

Is this a common thing? any help would be much appreciated.

A:Blue screen and error messages trying to install vista 64 bit

Hey Maltriz,
Welcome to Vista X64 forums.

1 ASUS Striker Extreme NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI
1 EVGA GeForce 8800GTX 768MB
1 Thermaltake W0131RU ATX12V / EPS12V 850W Power Supply
1 Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
2 G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual
Channel Kit
1 CORSAIR Flash Voyager 2GB Flash Drive (USB2.0 Portable) 256bit AES
Encryption
2 SAMSUNG SpinPoint T Series HD501LJ 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard
Drive -
2 SAMSUNG 20X DVD?R DVD Burner with LightScribe Black SATA Model
SH-S203N -
1 Creative Sound Blaster SB0570 Audigy SE 7.1 Channels PCI Interface Sound
Card -
1 Microsoft Windows Vista 64-Bit Home Premium for System Builders Single Pack
DVD

Your are trying to install with all 4 sticks of RAM ?
Install only with 2 ,i thinm it should run fine then.
Once Vista is installed , apply the Patch available (from microsoft for 4GB Systems) and then put the other two sticks in.
This should work unless there are some other issues.

Let us know.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/113356-blue-screen-error-messages-trying-install-vista-64-bit.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Every few days I get a blue screen if death error message and have to reboot my computer The error messages are rarely the messages error of death Solved: screen Various blue same Today s message was Page fault-in nonpaged area igdkmd sys however as I said I receive many other messages I have googled the various messages and the usual advice Solved: Various blue screen of death error messages is to disconnect Solved: Various blue screen of death error messages my various bits of hardware printer scanner external hard drive router and Inport for recording from a turntable I am supposed to see whether the BSOD appears after each piece of hardware is removed This isn t practical as the errors aren t occurring consistently or every day so I wouldn t easily be able to tell which hardware is causing the problem br br Does anyone have any helpful advice div class messageTextEndMarker nbsp div blockquote article div div class messageMeta ToggleTriggerAnchor div class privateControls span class item muted span class authorEnd a href members cullism class username author dir auto cullism a span a href threads solved-various-blue-screen-of-death-error-messages title Permalink class datePermalink span class DateTime title Jun at PM Jun span a span div div class publicControls a href threads solved-various-blue-screen-of-death-error-messages title Permalink class item muted postNumber hashPermalink OverlayTrigger data-href posts permalink a div div div id likes-post- div div li class message div class messageUserInfo itemscope itemscope itemtype http data-vocabulary org Person div class messageUserBlock div Solved: Various blue screen of death error messages class avatarHolder span class helper span a class avatar Av m data-avatarhtml true img src styles default xenforo avatars avatar m png width height alt a div h class userText Sponsor h span class arrow span span span div div div class messageInfo primaryContent div class messageContent article blockquote class messageText ugc baseHtml ins class adsbygoogle style display inline-block width px height px data-ad-client ca-pub- data-ad-slot ins blockquote article div div li li li id post- class message data-author Lance div class messageUserInfo itemscope itemscope itemtype http data-vocabulary org Person div class messageUserBlock div class avatarHolder span class helper span a href members lance class avatar Av m data-avatarhtml true img src data avatars m jpg width height alt Lance a div h class userText a href members lance class username dir auto itemprop name Lance a h div class extraUserInfo dl class pairsJustified dt Joined dt dd Aug dd dl dl class pairsJustified dt Messages dt dd a href search member user id class concealed rel nofollow a dd dl div span class arrow span span span div div div class messageInfo primaryContent div class messageContent article blockquote class messageText SelectQuoteContainer ugc baseHtml Your specs say you have Vista business Your in the Windows forum div class messageTextEndMarker nbsp div blockquote article div div class messageMeta ToggleTriggerAnchor div class privateControls span class item muted span class authorEnd a href members lance class username author dir auto Lance a span a href threads solved-various-blue-screen-of-death-error-messages post- title Permalink class datePermalink span class DateTime title Jun at PM Jun span a span div div class publicControls a href threads solved-various-blue-screen-of-death-error-messages post- title Permalink class item muted postNumber hashPermalink OverlayTrigger data-href posts permalink a div div div id likes-post- div div li li id post- class message staff data-author Macboatmaster div class messageUserInfo itemscope itemscope itemtype http data-vocabulary org Person div class messageUserBlock div class avatarHolder span class helper span a href members macboatmaster class avatar Av m data-avatarhtml true img src data avatars m jpg width height alt Macboatmaster a div h class userText a href membe... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-various-blue-screen-of-death-error-messages.1128285/
Relevancy 88.58%

I have just about had for messages with months error and about has 6 been Desktop screen blue now down enough of my laptops small screen and I want my desktop with it s quot monitor back in action to ease the strain on the eyes Everytime I turn on my desktop I get the blue screen saying a problem has been detected It then lists these codes x e xc x ae xb ef c x Can anyone help me figure out how to get my pc in working Desktop has been down for about 6 months now with blue screen and error messages order again I have started in safe made Desktop has been down for about 6 months now with blue screen and error messages before without any luck at fixing anything I haven t tried it in months but I m pretty sure I can t access the internet in it s current screwed up state Is there a way I can fix it myself or will I have to take the unit in to be repaired I have a lot of music and pictures that I really would like to be able to get back to using Again I m using my laptop now to access the internet so I don t know how I will be able to access it on the pc in question I was told I should upgrade my memory but I put it off thinking I would just buy a new pc but that s not an option anytime in these hard times Oh and hello all this being my first post and all nbsp

A:Desktop has been down for about 6 months now with blue screen and error messages

Can you please attach minidumps for analysis with your next post? You can find these in C:\windows\minidump.

Also provide us with complete system specs (including PSU type/model etc). Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desktop-has-been-down-for-about-6-months-now-with-blue-screen-and-error-messages.153998/
Relevancy 88.58%

Hello,
My computer screen turned blue with error messages written all over the screen. The message was that the computer will be shut down. Uninstall any new hardware/software installed etc.
I noted down the following message that appeared at the beginning:
Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL

Its a windows 7 Vaio laptop and I installed a new software program a week ago. Everything was fine until now. The blue screen appeared twice and I have to shut down manually. I will be attaching a snap shot taken via cell phone.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
suzi

A:Screen turned blue with error messages written all over!!

Hi. . .

You have just experienced the infamous Blue Screen of Death!

Please run - Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/screen-turned-blue-with-error-messages-written-all-over-1025770.html
Relevancy 88.58%

My OS is XP home which run on a Dell Dimension C When I boot up I get a blue screen message quot the type of file system is NTFS The volume is dirty CHKDSK is verifying files quot This takes hours of course The end result is another blue screen error message quot c a unknown hard error quot So I switched Receiving blue load error won't messages, screen xp to Safe Mode when I started booting up Same result Receiving blue screen error messages, xp won't load after running CHKDSK Now I'm doing it in Safe Mode with a network prompt but I have a feeling the same will happen I also tried System Restore but that didn't work either I have quite a few files and programs I don't want to lose If I have to purchase a new hard drive If I get a new hard drive can I transfer the files programs currently on my PC to it If so where would I purchase a hard drive and get it installed I'm not going to do it myself I'm not good at that kind of thing How much would this cost And how would I transfer the files programs Thanks If I have to buy a new hard

A:Receiving blue screen error messages, xp won't load

Hey mate,

Im not really sure. May be a cluster error or something like that.
I believe you can get another HDD install XP in it, then plug your old hard drive and you will be able to copy the stuff in it. The best thing is to skip the scan I guess. I know that this isnt good, but it looks to me as if you dont have any other option.
Thats what I would do.
As for the place of installing and cost Im not really sure coz Im not in the US.

good luck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/receiving-blue-screen-error-messages-xp-wont-load-456532.html
Relevancy 88.15%

A few times now I have been in internet explorer and then the screen with go back and forth from black screen back to internet screen and back and forth between the 2 for a few minutes and then will hit me with a blue screen with a bunch of writing on it and then will restart. It seems to run fine after the computer restarts itself but this has happened a few times now!

A:Screen flips back and forth from black screen to normal then blue screen

Welcome,
Can you provide a few details [remember we can't see or touch your system] about the hardware and software?
Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538659/screen-flips-back-and-forth-from-black-screen-to-normal-then-blue-screen/
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi,

I would like to discuss one issue I am facing from past few months:

My machine restarts itself and displays a blue screen which contains any of the message from below:
MEMORY_MANAGMENT
BAD_POOL_HEADER
COM+ system has stopped working

Also, while working it doesn't restart but shows from following messages:
grep.3xe has stopped working
Superfetch has stopped working

I started getting these messages/issues since last 8-10 months only. Previously system was working fine for almost 3 years.

I am worried that if this is some hardware issue, driver issue, windows issue or this is due to some malware/Virus.

It would be great if you can suggest on these.

Many thanks in advance.

-
Manish

A:System restarts and shows Blue Screen with different error messages.

manishteotia said:

Hi,

I would like to discuss one issue I am facing from past few months:

My machine restarts itself and displays a blue screen which contains any of the message from below:
MEMORY_MANAGMENT
BAD_POOL_HEADER
COM+ system has stopped working

Also, while working it doesn't restart but shows from following messages:
grep.3xe has stopped working
Superfetch has stopped working

I started getting these messages/issues since last 8-10 months only. Previously system was working fine for almost 3 years.

I am worried that if this is some hardware issue, driver issue, windows issue or this is due to some malware/Virus.

It would be great if you can suggest on these.
Many thanks in advance.

-
ManishClick to expand...

Reboot the system and run a short circuit into the BIOS RAM.NEXT START SYSTEM IN SAFE MODE AND START AGAIN.GOOD LUCK !

https://malwaretips.com/threads/system-restarts-and-shows-blue-screen-with-different-error-messages.28860/
Relevancy 87.72%

Hey guys A couple of things i would like to rectify System Screen Error Blue Messages/Erratic Shutdown Firstly within the last week my computer has began to produce random blue screens i do recall experiencing this problems before however this was about months ago and had not happened again until last week I recently noted one of the blue screen messages which had a section that read Technical information STOP x C x x x x AE I have also read in certain places that these sort of problems can be driver related however i haven't installed any major software Blue Screen Error Messages/Erratic System Shutdown lately Secondly all windows updates that have been available to all elements of Microsoft Office Professional have been failing on my system for about months This include updates to the suite itself Word Outlook etc All other updates to the operating system IE WM have all been successful System Information is as follows HP Pavilion t a Pentium Ghz MB RAM GB HD XP Home Edition SP Office Professional If any more info is required please just provide clear instructions on how to attain it and i will post ASAP thnx ur help

A:Blue Screen Error Messages/Erratic System Shutdown

btw if any more stop errors occur i will document the 'Technical information' and post here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-error-messages-erratic-system-shutdown-179232.html
Relevancy 87.72%

My computer (blue occasional problem and bootup error screen) messages with has begun to act up recently and I'm having trouble diagnosing the exact issue To begin I have a Dell Dimension that is running Windows XP It is in regular use but gets routine virus scans disk cleanups and defrags On to the problem - This past week or so I've started to get the quot blue screen of occasional problem with bootup and error messages (blue screen) death quot I've tried to find out what triggers it but honestly it can be so random It's happened before while browsing the internet while listening to my iTunes and even when no one was on the computer and no visible programs were running As for the error message that is actually displayed during the blue screen - I don't have it copied down but I can direct you to the Microsoft Support page that describes it The error occurs at address x F and the first argument ends with a D And sometimes the error address is x E but it most commonly ends with an F Link http support microsoft com kb I'm also having a problem with bootup It just started today Basically I tried booting up the computer and shortly after the Dell logo I was greeted by a black screen with a flashing white cursor in the upper left corner of the screen It was frozen in this state This happened through about four manual restarts until it finally booted into Windows and during this boot I'm typing this message I'm not sure if this problem will persist because today is the first day it has happened I can keep you updated on this issue as the days progress A little more background - About two weeks ago I switched my video card ATI Radeon X out for a newer video card nVidia GeForce GT The newer video card refused to install properly I had uninstalled all previous video controller drivers and used Driver Cleaner Pro before attempting to install the newer video card The attempt failed and I have absolutely no clue why My system meets all the requirements to run this video card properly Since then I've switched my old video card back in so I'm currently using my tested tried and true old ATI Radeon X which has worked for about three years There were no problems reinstalling my old video card and it appears to be working fine I have Everest Home Edition if additional information is needed on my hardware I currently have GB of memory two separate MB sticks and a watt power supply Like I just said if you need more information please ask I can gather it quite easily Any help would be greatly appreciated I'm at a dead end and I'm not sure why these errors seem to be happening

A:occasional problem with bootup and error messages (blue screen)

a 350w in that system with an upgraded video is underpowered
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817139004

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/occasional-problem-with-bootup-and-error-messages-blue-screen-212774.html
Relevancy 87.29%

I get the "cetihpz://errors/blank.htm" error messsage along with a blank window about half the size of the screen each time I start up. It is not interfering with computer operation but I know it doesn't belong. System Restore doesn't get rid of it. Any ideas on how to remove the message and blank screen?

Relevancy 86.43%

Hello Recently my laptop screen had to be replaced due to a cracked screen Original screen was a Samsung and the new screen is LG After this whenever I install Intel HD graphics windows boots up till the login screen and then goes black one bright flicker then Screen/Blank screen after Black screen replacement completely black again However when I boot into safe mode and replace Intel HD graphics driver with Standard VGA adapter everything works fine except for crappy graphics ofcourse I tried installing various old new latest versions of driver software upgrade downgrade BIOS install monitor inf file from lenovo website for this laptop model everything Odd thing running Dxdiag shows my current display to be x bit hz So I tried to change the display refresh rate in advanced settings gt Screen refresh rate no luck no other option except ' Use hardware defaults' So I went ahead an modified registry values as given here How to Modify the Video Refresh Frequency in the Registry Again no use After I reboot and go back and check its set to by default Tried clean installs installing on a completely Black Screen/Blank screen after screen replacement new HDD Windows Pro Windows Ultimate Windows everything Is it a screen problem Or some hardware ID kind of thing What should I do Please help Dxdiag information ------------------ System Information ------------------ Black Screen/Blank screen after screen replacement Time of this report Machine name UNKNOWN-PC Operating System Windows Professional -bit Build Service Pack win sp rtm - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer LENOVO System Model AG BIOS Ver PARTTBLx Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Standard VGA Graphics Adapter Manufacturer Standard display types Chip type Intel R HD Graphics Core i DAC type Internal Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS A AA amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory n a Shared Memory n a Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name ThinkPad Display x Monitor Model Monitor Id Native Mode Output Type Driver Name igdumd dll igd umd dll igdumdx igd umd Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version unknown Driver Model unknown Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo'd n a WHQL Date Stamp n a Device Identifier D B E - - CF- B -EA CACC CB Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x A AA Revision ID x Driver Strong Name Unknown Rank Of Driver Unknown Video Accel Deinterlace Caps n a D D Overlay n a DXVA-HD n a DDraw Status Not Available D D Status Not Available AGP Status Not Available

A:Black Screen/Blank screen after screen replacement

Not all laptop screens are the same. It is important to get a "replacement" screen, not a "compatible" one.

On the back of the laptop screen is a product sticker (you can only read this before you install the screen). On that sticker is the manufacturer and model #. You can use that number to find exact replacements.

How did you come to choose the LG screen?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/360164-black-screen-blank-screen-after-screen-replacement.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I was playing on unreal tournament 2004, then the next thing i knew the screen went tottaly black and was just a blank blue screen.
i restarted the computer and when i got back on it said the system had recoverd from a serious error.

here is the error signature:
BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : F79302CC BCP3 : F7C7D990
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-blue-screen-error.365544/
Relevancy 86%

Hey guys So i was on my computer and went to log into Starcraft As that happened my PC Froze I decided to cold boot it because Startup then Black Screen Error I could not do anything When I started it up I noticed the mother board splash screen had these barcode scanline things vertical going down but it was only on that splash screen I was taken to the quot Launch start up repair quot that did nothing because as soon as it was done repairing it tried running windows and got stuck on a black screen after you see the windows logo go away I am not sure what at ALL could be the cause of this boot issue Please help me try to figure this out I am on win AMD X Nvidia GS Gigs of Ram Asus M nE Startup Error then Black Screen mobo Let me know if there is anything else that I could provide I would say the only other thing would be that all of the lights Startup Error then Black Screen keyboard mouse stay on once the computer gets stuck again on this black screen Also I went into the BIOS and the scanlines are in there as well FYI This is not a newly built computer and has been running fine for a while Any help I am grateful for Thanks n

A:Startup Error then Black Screen

Going to try changing out the GFX card... maybe it burned out ... will update after... please post if you have other suggestions.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/startup-error-then-black-screen-541293.html
Relevancy 86%

Hey everyone I did a bit of research and this seems to have been an issue for a while or has been in the past Was upgrading to windows I first had to restart my pc cause it was initially stuck on that preparing to install problem with the green bar being stuck around It then got through that and began the installation process with the big circle and rebooting process However around when I last looked at it it was just black screen this stayed this way for about - hours I then decided to reboot the pc and it has now booted to the login screen Is this a known (no screen just Black Screen to blank) but cursor of Doom Booted login bug or could there be a possible issue The problem seems a bit different Black Screen of Doom but Booted to login screen (no cursor just blank) as some people I saw have had to fall back on PC restore points etc So not sure if it installed or what could be the problem Also side note I upgraded my pc when windows first publically released but rolled back because I had about min shutdown times So not sure what is Black Screen of Doom but Booted to login screen (no cursor just blank) going on and any info would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Black Screen of Doom but Booted to login screen (no cursor just blank)

I never had a problem upgrading like you've experienced but I experiencing Windows 10 upgrading process is the longest time taken ever compared to previous versions. It took me 1 hour+ to finished.

Play around a little bit to get used to it then did a clean install. No problem arise, seems working fine.

The point is, problems always happen after upgrading, to solve it just perform installation from scratch (clean install).

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/37857-black-screen-doom-but-booted-login-screen-no-cursor-just-blank.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello,
After i installed this one program called daemon tools and it asked me to reset my computer to complete the installation when i would start my computer i would get this blue screen(saying RDR_FILE_SYStem or something like that and windows xp has prevented my computer from loading to avoid harmful things). Then after i would turn my computer off then on and go to use last known configuration then i could login XP. My Problem is everytime i install something and it forces me to restart to make changes i get that blue screen which stops my computer from loading. It also happens when i make changes in msconfig. Is there anyway i can stop that blue screen error from popping up?

And i use Windows XP Professional, Dell Latitude C600.

Thanks

A:Blue Screen Error at startup.

I take it that you've downloaded the newest version as this is what it says on the site about BSOD:.

What's New in This Release:

Fixed some blacklists
Fixed BSOD problem with some SCSI and pnphelp.vxd drivers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-error-at-startup.203904/
Relevancy 84.71%

Startup Blue Screen Error on XP. Please Help. Hi, I was playing a game just moments ago. The computer was running fine before, no troubles. The game froze and I was unable to do anything, so I held the power button on my computer to force shut it down. When I opened it up again, it comes up with the blue screen saying something like
A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

I forget what it says because now when I restart again, it leads me to the boot menu with the safe modes etc. But when I try booting in safe mode, the blue screen appears again. I don't want to lose my data/files. Please help me!!!!

A:Startup Blue Screen Error on XP. Please Help.

Do you have the XP installation disk?
You may need to run the repair on it.

Also, unplug any extra devices - nothing in the usb ports etc, just have the mouse, keyboard and screen connencted.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/startup-blue-screen-error-on-xp-please-help.1060775/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi, I was playing a game just moments ago. The computer was running fine before, no troubles. The game froze and I was unable to do anything, so I held the power button on my computer to force shut it down. When I opened it up again, it comes up with the blue screen saying something like
A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

I forget what it says because now when I restart again, it leads me to the boot menu with the safe modes etc. But when I try booting in safe mode, the blue screen appears again. I don't want to lose my data/files. Please help me!!!!

Relevancy 84.71%

Hi Guys,

A friend that lives with me is having some problems with his PC we are getting a major error.

During startup we getting a blue screen with and error message.

(I will post a picture below)

After the message appears the PC restarts.

Now we have tried to boot in safe mode, even boot from a disk, but the keyboard will not work.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

A:Blue Screen Error During Startup

Hi. . .

The STOP error code, or bugcheck = 0x7e with the first parameter 0xc0000005 - per Microsoft:

Code:

Bug Check 0x7E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
The SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED bug check has a value of 0x0000007E. This bug check indicates that a system thread generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.

Parameters
The following parameters appear on the blue screen.

Parameter Description
1 The exception code that was not handled
2 The address where the exception occurred
3 The address of the exception record
4 The address of the context record

Cause
The SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED bug check is a very common bug check. To interpret it, you must identify which exception was generated.

Common exception codes include the follwoing:

0x80000002: STATUS_DATATYPE_MISALIGNMENT indicates an unaligned data reference was encountered.
0x80000003: STATUS_BREAKPOINT indicates a breakpoint or ASSERT was encountered when no kernel debugger was attached to the system.
0xC0000005: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION indicates a memory access violation occurred.

For a complete list of exception codes, see the Ntstatus.h file that is located in the inc directory of the Microsoft Windows Driver Kit (WDK).

Resolving the Problem
If you are not equipped to debug this problem, you should use some basic troubleshooting techniques.

Make sure you have enough disk space.
If a driver is identified in the bug check message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates.
Try changing video adapters.
Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates.
Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.
If you plan to debug this problem, you might find it difficult to obtain a stack trace. Parameter 2 (the exception address) should identify the driver or function that caused this problem.

If exception code 0x80000003 occurs, a hard-coded breakpoint or assertion was hit, but the system was started with the /NODEBUG switch. This problem should rarely occur. If it occurs repeatedly, make sure that a kernel debugger is connected and the system is started with the /DEBUG switch.

If exception code 0x80000002 occurs, the trap frame supplies additional information.

If you do not know the specific cause of the exception, consider the following issues:

Hardware incompatibility. Make sure that any new hardware that is installed is listed in the Microsoft Windows Marketplace Tested Products List.
Faulty device driver or system service. A faulty device driver or system service might be responsible for this error. Hardware issues, such as BIOS incompatibilities, memory conflicts, and IRQ conflicts can also generate this error.
If a driver is listed by name within the bug check message, disable or remove that driver. Disable or remove any drivers or services that were recently added. If the error occurs during the startup sequence and the system partition is formatted with NTFS file system, you might be able to use Safe Mode to rename or delete the faulty driver. If the driver is used as part of the system startup process in Safe Mode, you must start the computer by using the Recovery Console to access the file.

If the problem is associated with Win32k.sys, the source of the error might be a third-party remote control program. If such software is installed, you can remove the service by starting the computer by using the Recovery Console and then deleting the offending system service file.

Check the System Log in Event Viewer for additional error messages that might help identify the device or driver that is causing bug check 0x7E.

You can also disable memory caching of the BIOS might to try to resolve the error. You should also run hardware diagnostics, especially the memory scanner, that the system manufacturer supplies. For more information about these procedures, see the owner's manual for your computer.

The err... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screen-error-during-startup-271162.html
Relevancy 84.71%

hi guys my pc was working perfectly until i tried to install daemon tools at screen error blue startup and it lead to all sorts of problems which i managed to fix apart from the problem i have now when turning pc on it gets to the windows xp loading screen and then when that finishes booom the blue error screen at startup blue screen of death the error is as follows i have shortened it down a bit run a system diagnostic utility supplied by the manufacture run a memory test change vid adapter disable or remove any new harware and drivers disable or remove any knew software STOP X F X D X X ive narrowed it down to software im not sure how to disable the drivers which might be causing the error coz im not sure which ones they are i got the from event viewer The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load d bu Fips intelppm prodrv prohlp prosync SAVRTPEL sfhlp SYMTDI p s i cudnt uninstall daemon tools in safe mode so i deleted manually and removed it from the registry sorry for all the writing plz help me D

A:blue error screen at startup

hey dell, try to get into safe mode again by pressing F8 when the computer boots up. then on the safe mode menu, choose "last good configurations" and see if that solves your problem.

and another, see if you can try to perform a system restore while in safe mode. good luck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-error-screen-at-startup-69062.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Ok i installed this one program called Daemon-Tools which i used to use my CD Images as if they were already burned to cd by some Virtual DVDROM drive (Generic DVD-ROM). But if i change the number of Virtual DVDROM drives on my computer then reset my computer i get this annoying blue screen error at startup.

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to

precent damage to your computer.

RDR_File_System

If this is the first time youve seen this stop error scren,

restart your computer. IF this screen appears again, follow

these steps.......

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x00000027 (0xBAAD009c, 0xF92AD504, 0xF92AD204,

0xF9A23946)

*** Cdr4_xp.sys - Address F9A23946 base at F9A22000, Datestamp

3b8ed0a5

Can someone please help me with this.

Im using Windows Xp on a Dell C6100 Laptop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 84.71%

Hi Hope someone can assist me with my issue I have a Pre-installed Windows laptop however after a week Screen Blue Startup Error of being away I have come back to find my Laptop presenting me with the following message when I attempt to boot it up quot RECOVERY Your PC needs to be repaired Blue Screen Startup Error A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed Error Code xc Blue Screen Startup Error f You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media If you don't have any installation media like a disc or USB device contact your system administrator or PC manufacturer Press Enter to Try Again Press F for Startup Settings Press ESC for UEFI Firmware Settings quot When I press Enter to try again I get the following quot RECOVERY Your PC needs to be repaired The Operating System could not be repaired because the system registry file is missing or needs repaired File Windows System Config system Error Code xc c same as above quot Can anyone guide me on how to solve this Thanks P S It is an Asus K A laptop

A:Blue Screen Startup Error

Hi Shields16 & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

Are you able to boot into Windows?

See if you are able to use the System Restore to restore your system to an earlier working state using this below guide-

Make system repairs from the Windows Recovery Environment (from Windows Vista Inside Out)

It is for Windows Vista, but should work with Windows 8 as well.

Let me know how it goes ^_^

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/55787-blue-screen-startup-error.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi i m having to boot into windows xp on mouse screen xp with arrow Solved: screen blank splash blue after power up sytem goes through the windows xp splash screen with progress bar and then instead of login prompt it goes just into the blue screen with moveable mouse pointer arrow issue seems to be similar to http forums techguy org windows-nt- -xp -solved-windows-xp-pro-startup html http forums techguy org windows-nt- -xp -startup-problem html but recommended solutions didn t help so far symptoms just before issue - was not able to run use some system features - Solved: blank blue screen with mouse arrow after xp splash screen utility to turn off the display utility to bring up battery info - everything was working fine before this what i ve tried boot to Last Known Good Configuration - resulting in the same blue screen boot to Safe Mode Safe Mode with networking Safe Mode with comman prompt - resulting in blank black screen with quot Safe Mode quot in the corners and moveable mouse test Solved: blank blue screen with mouse arrow after xp splash screen the hardware hard drive memory etc via build in PC Doctor - all seems to be working i am able to use bootable XP CD from other machine to get into Recovery Console i am able to boot to simple live XP using BartPE-XPE usb key and access the hard drive could you please help me to find solution to this issue thank you in advance krajicek nbsp

A:Solved: blank blue screen with mouse arrow after xp splash screen

Hi krajicek, u having a same problem as me.

Btw.. yours is laptop or desktop?
If laptop wat brand are u using..Mine are FUJITSU laptop and i still
can't get it work.
I boot from the WinXP CD and it still can't recovery as well and i try
safe mode aslo can't work too..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-blank-blue-screen-with-mouse-arrow-after-xp-splash-screen.870326/
Relevancy 84.28%

After the Starting Windows screen a blank black screen with a cursor that I can move pops up that lasts a minute (shouldn't happen with SSD, used to be ~10 second boot). Afterwards the login screen will appear as normal and everything works as normal. This doesn't happen when I boot into safe mode.

I attached a list of start up services, installs, and scheduled tasks, along with my latest boot log.

Any suggestions?

A:Windows 7: Blank screen on boot up, before login screen; slow startup

Hello and welcome, try this to see if you have something that's going you don't know about. Use the free version.

SUPERAntiSpyware | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/369613-windows-7-blank-screen-boot-up-before-login-screen-slow-startup.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi,
I was surfing the net with my Gateway laptop that uses an intel graphics card. An error would pop up saying that igfx was not responding but has recovered and the screen would flash black. Then it would stay black and I would shut it down and restart. Now on startup the gateway screen pops up but after the initial screen it is black still. I had tried to install the update for the graphics card but after the computer restarted the screen was black. What can I do at this point?

Thank you

Relevancy 84.28%

Hey guys So i was on my computer and went to log into Starcraft As that happened my PC Froze I decided to cold boot it because I could not do anything When I started it up I noticed the mother board splash screen had these barcode scanline things vertical going down but it was only on that splash screen I was taken to the quot Launch start up repair quot that did nothing because as soon as it was done repairing it tried running windows and got stuck on a black screen after you see the windows logo go away I am not sure what at ALL could be the cause of this boot issue Please help me try to figure this out I am on win AMD X Nvidia GS Gigs of Ram Asus M nE mobo Let me Startup black Error (Bios to scanlines) screen? know if there is anything else that I could Startup Error (Bios scanlines) to black screen? provide I would say the only other thing would be that all of the lights keyboard mouse stay on once the computer gets stuck again on this black screen Also I went into the BIOS and the scanlines are in there as well FYI Startup Error (Bios scanlines) to black screen? This is not a newly built computer and has been running fine for a while Any help I am grateful for Thanks n UPDATE Changed GFX Card and scanlines went away What does this mean for the card Is it shot something malfunction Is there a fix or do I need a new card nbsp

A:Startup Error (Bios scanlines) to black screen?

When you say:
Changed GFX Card and scanlines went away and came upClick to expand...

Do you mean All is Well, or the scanlines came back?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/startup-error-bios-scanlines-to-black-screen.972736/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello everyone. I'm new the the forums here (as in just registered), but I need some help please. Basically after attempting to open firefox today (as I have probably over 20 times a day for the last year at least), I received a blue screen of death, and now my computer seems to be shot. I know how difficult it is to diagnose something without being able to see it, so I made a short little 4 min video of me trying to turn it on and what it does. Hopefully this has happened to at least someone before.

Blue Screen of Death - YouTube

A:[SOLVED] BSOD help. Blank screen after BIOS pop up and blue screen while trying to re

Hi,

From the video you provided (which is great, by the way)... your system is failing to POST. Essentially if the system detects that a device or component is failing to provide the accurate information, which ensures that it would then be safe to run, the system will not POST.

From the looks of it, your hard drive or memory appears to be the issue which is the issue in most of the cases like this as you're BSOD'ing right after loading the Windows disc and after it loads the files necessary for the install.

My current advice:

1. Clear / reset the CMOS and try booting up and or loading the disc again.

2. If possible using another system, possibly a laptop... etc, download and run Memtest86+ -

Memtest86+:

Quote:

Download Memtest86+ here:

Quote:

http://www.memtest.org/

Which should I download?

You can either download the pre-compiled ISO that you would burn to a CD and then boot from the CD, or you can download the auto-installer for the USB key. What this will do is format your USB drive, make it a bootable device, and then install the necessary files. Both do the same job, it's just up to you which you choose, or which you have available (whether it's CD or USB).

How Memtest works:

Memtest86 writes a series of test patterns to most memory addresses, reads back the data written, and compares it for errors.

The default pass does 9 different tests, varying in access patterns and test data. A tenth test, bit fade, is selectable from the menu. It writes all memory with zeroes, then sleeps for 90 minutes before checking to see if bits have changed (perhaps because of refresh problems). This is repeated with all ones for a total time of 3 hours per pass.

Many chipsets can report RAM speeds and timings via SPD (Serial Presence Detect) or EPP (Enhanced Performance Profiles), and some even support changing the expected memory speed. If the expected memory speed is overclocked, Memtest86 can test that memory performance is error-free with these faster settings.

Some hardware is able to report the "PAT status" (PAT: enabled or PAT: disabled). This is a reference to Intel Performance acceleration technology; there may be BIOS settings which affect this aspect of memory timing.

This information, if available to the program, can be displayed via a menu option.

Any other questions, they can most likely be answered by reading this great guide here:

http://forum.canardpc.com/threads/28864-FAQ-please-read-before-posting

3. Connect the hard drive to another system and run chkdsk on it, connect it back after and try again.

4. Contact iBuyPower and let them know your system suddenly out of the blue is experiencing hardware failure and will not POST.

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-bsod-help-blank-screen-after-bios-pop-up-and-blue-screen-while-trying-to-re-659431.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hey first time posting here so sorry if this is the wrong section or anything Lately my laptop has been experiencing a problem when I boot it up After the Starting Windows screen with the glowing Windows logo a blank black screen pops slow boot before on up, screen startup login screen; Blank up that lasts for ages I'd say at least minutes Afterwards the login screen will appear as normal When I log in the desktop appears quickly but when I try to start any programs like my browser they are slow and freeze often usually I can run programs with no problem when Blank screen on boot up, before login screen; slow startup the desktop appears Sometimes the laptop will hang every three seconds It takes a bit of time before the programs and Blank screen on boot up, before login screen; slow startup the laptop run like normal I've tried several things without success -Uninstalling and reinstalling graphics drivers I've never updated my drivers because no updates are ever available for Blank screen on boot up, before login screen; slow startup my driver is that normal My laptop is about two years old -Defragging hard drive -System Restore I don't seem to have any restore points -Clean bootup -Startup repair or whatever that first F option is called

A:Blank screen on boot up, before login screen; slow startup

Welcome to Seven Forums Tienjt.

You can run this SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker and post back with results.
Below my sig is a link to MalwareBytes, download the free version, update it, and run a full scan.

Have you installed anything new, hardware or software? Sometimes OEM's don't/won't have driver updates.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/238044-blank-screen-boot-up-before-login-screen-slow-startup.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Bonjour mes amis I recently have started getting screen; - Blank startup 64-bit on screen login up, before slow boot the infamous black screen of death at my computer's startup very similar to this fellow user's problem Basically Blank screen on boot up before login screen slow startup The black screen lasts at least 64-bit - Blank screen on boot up, before login screen; slow startup two minutes on average before the windows login screen comes up Everything else runs fine I think it might be my antivirus Bitdefender Total Security and I've posted on their forums about it and I've gotten responses from other users saying Quote The Black screen issue is known by BD Support till now they have not able resolved that issue hope BD resolves the issue And the booting time issue is been solved However I uninstalled Bitdefender and the problem still persisted I proceeded to uninstall every program i could remember installing before the problem started so before the start of June This was painful because I updated all my software so everything was listed as installed recently My startup time after removing all these software is attached below seconds compared to before with the speed ranging from - seconds with the worst at seconds Although this sped about my startup I still got the annoying black screen issue I am sure it is a software issue because the black screen is present but lasts no longer than about seconds when starting in Safe Mode with Networking and is present even int he low graphics What should I do My specs are filled out and I am going to to a fresh install of Windows so right now i ma backing uo my C drive Any other suggestions Should this work

A:64-bit - Blank screen on boot up, before login screen; slow startup

Hello mate try some of these Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7 start at point 15 then do chkdsk Disk Check

The go through the other stuff.

Oops should have mentioned this one too start at point 7 - option 3 Optimize Windows 7[2]=Performance Maintenance

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/293384-64-bit-blank-screen-boot-up-before-login-screen-slow-startup.html
Relevancy 83.85%

So I'm currently using HP stream 7 and when i turn it on this appears:
[BLUE SCREEN]
A REQUIRED DEVICE ISNT' CONNECTED OR CAN'T BE ACCESSED
Error code 0xc0000225
You'll need to use the recovery tool on your installation media. If you don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB device), contact your system administrator or PC manufacturer.
Then I pressed F8 for startup settings. Again F6 for safe mode with networking and these appears.
[BLUE SCREEN]
The operating system couldN'T be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors.
File aswNdisLT.SYS
2 Press F8 for startup Settings
3 Press ESC for UEFI Firmware Settings
Some history. Had a couple of restarts due to memory_management, missing wifi, and avast antiv installs.
Any solutions????

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-8/398237-how-do-i-fix-startup-blue-screen-error-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 83.85%

When trying to start my computer I am getting a screen that is black and says "launch startup repair" or start windows normally. I have tried both ways and it just seemed to keep going in this loop. I pressed f8 and chose to have the computer not automatically restart. After this, my computer stops at a blue screen that says IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. The information at the bottom says STOP: 0x0000000a (0x00000000, 0x0000001b, 0x00000001, 0x81e59b4b).

I'm not sure what is going on, but it won't even open windows now.

Relevancy 83.42%

I was trying to install some themes I was un-installing one that I had already picked so it would usually switch back to default theme, but it switched to a blue screen and stayed like that so I had restarted my computer and when I do that I get a black screen where I should login the only thing I can see is my mouse pointer.

I have tried re-installing windows through usb.
Windows Defender Offline gives me an error upon booting it.
I also have tried starting it from Safe mode but it still didn't change anything.

Also I am not able to Restore or Factory Reset.

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/54262-windows-8-1-theme-change-error-black-screen-startup.html
Relevancy 83.42%

i have this problem ive searched all threads about it and i dont get as far as any them suggest.... i tried putting in an xp disc and i still get the same even when i try to boot with the disc.
I then tried a windows vista disc ... still the same
Then i put in a BRAND NEW hard drive... still the same text.../ Error Loading Operating System / black screen on startup
Any Help suggestions please?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-loading-operating-system-black-screen-on-startup-320126.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit. So, these are my problems described in the title. I cannot change desktop from black, only can set a picture as a background.

When I am in pictures folder for example, I see blank or black thumbnails.
When I right click and go to personalize, I can see black themes instead of actual pictures.

I tried almost everything.
- reinstalling video driver
- clearing thumbnail from disk cleanup
- resetting dwm.exe
- going into safemode and then restaring into normal windows
- I tried fixing shell by using "fixshell"
- clearing & repairing registry errors
- ran an error checker
- ran a file checker

I have Microsoft Office 2010 - I heard that it could be the issue, but maybe I am not right, anyway...

I attached a print screen photo.

And, I am hopeless, any help please? Thanks

A:Windows 7 black screen, black or blank thumbnails, and black desktop themes

I noticed you're not running Aero. Click on last item, left side - "Troubleshoot problems with transparency...."

Office 2010 should not be a factor here. Public pics folder is empty - it should have sample pics in it.

Validate your OS installation - Genuine Microsoft Software

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-black-screen-black-or-blank-thumbnails-and-black-desktop-themes-553925.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi to all Around days ago some sort of error cropped up while installation of Kaspersky Anti Virus on my laptop and after that more. startup, screen blue not Logonui.exe discs, error dvd-rom error at burning and everytime I turned the system on I faced the blue screen error Then i formatted my laptop and reinstalled Windows XP It was running fine for two days Suddenly it started giving error quot Logonui exe application error quot at startup displaying something similar to quot The instruction at ' x c' referenced memory quot something It had to buttons - Cancel for debugging and Ok I pressed cancel ok close button It always cropped up Until after a series of pressing buttons my log on screen came After logging in all my icons and taskbar gone So Logonui.exe error at startup, dvd-rom not burning discs, blue screen error and more. i opened Windows Task Manager and run quot explorer exe quot After everything came up Some Data Execution Prevention error cropped up Whenever i tried clicking quot Close Message quot it always came up again with a separate window for the quot Send Error Report to Microsoft quot dialog box Whenever I connected to internet the Logonui.exe error at startup, dvd-rom not burning discs, blue screen error and more. link under my Internet started blinking very fast I even left it without any internet application open but it still went on I saw the properties window of my connection It went on and on And in return everything went slow Internet surfing and downloading And one major problem occurred that whenever I leave my internet open for a short while it shows the blue screen of error and restarts I thought of formatting every drive to remove the virus malware spyware So i tried to make a back up of my files by burning them on discs But whenever I tried any burning application Whether it be Nero PowerISO or any application it just didn't start It just displayed an error and ejected the disc This continued everytime I logged on So I re - formatted and installed XP SP again But this time it didn't even go smoothly for a day After two restarts this problem came up again Except a new dialog box - quot generic Host Process for Win services quot dialog box props up and displays the usual quot Encountered a problem and needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenience quot And that send the error report So I hope someone maybe able to help me fix this problem The DDS Log is given below DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by GrayWolf at on Sat Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT Running Processes E WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe E WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe E WINDOWS system spoolsv exe E Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe E Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe E Program Files Common Files Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe E WINDOWS explorer exe E WINDOWS System reader s exe E Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe E WINDOWS system dumprep exe E WINDOWS system ctfmon exe E Program Files Advanced Task Scheduler advscheduler exe E Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe E Program Files DAP DAP EXE E Documents and Settings GrayWolf Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe E Documents and Settings GrayWolf reader s exe E Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe E Program Files Styler Styler exe E WINDOWS System svchost exe E WINDOWS System svchost exe E WINDOWS System svchost exe E WINDOWS System svchost exe E WINDOWS System svchost exe E WINDOWS System svchost exe svchost exe E WINDOWS TEMP VRT tmp E WINDOWS system tmp E Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe E WINDOWS system rundll exe svchost exe svchost exe E Documents and Settings GrayWolf Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp search conduit com SearchSource amp ctid CT uURLSearchHooks free-downloads net Toolbar ecdee - d - f-a ff-c a - e program files free-downloads net tbfree dll mWinlogon SfcDisable - xfffff... Read more

A:Logonui.exe error at startup, dvd-rom not burning discs, blue screen error and more.

Hello and Welcome to TSF. I suspect you are infected with Virut.

Please go to: VirusTotalOn the page you'll find a Browse button.
Next to the Browse button you'll see a box to enter text.
Please copy/paste the following bolded text into the box:

e:\windows\explorer.exe

Then click the Send File button just below.
This will scan the file. Please be patient.
If you get a message saying File has already been analysed: click Reanalyse file now
Once scanned, copy and paste the URL from your browser address bar in your next reply.
Please repeat for the following files:

e:\windows\system32\userinit.exe
e:\windows\system32\svchost.exe
e:\windows\system32\spoolsv.exe

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/logonui-exe-error-at-startup-dvd-rom-not-burning-discs-blue-screen-error-and-more-436218.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Windows appears to load normally until reaching the logon screen at which point 2 quick cmd windows flash on the screen and i'm left with a cursor and a plain blue screen.

No access to task manager through ctrl+alt+del.

I was thinking it's a video card problem until i plugged in an external monitor and saw a windows error box pop up saying that the program running requires that you not be on battery power.

Pulled the drive and scanned with avast and malwarebytes which found nothing.

Inserted Vista DVD but the repair function is only able to find the HP Restore partition and is unable to locate any backups.

The system runs "mini XP" from Hirens Boot without a problem, but no diagnostics that i ran have been able to find any issues...

Ideas?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/371560/vista-boots-into-blue-screen-w-cursor-black-screen-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello I am trying to fix an HP G - DX Notebook PC Operating to safe From then screen screen and lock blue blink black mode, caps sys Win bit AMD Turion tm II Dual-Core Processor GB GHz I had this laptop since December of and on June of is when I used my notebook PC and was initially of no use I have been working on my laptop on and off since I am not afraid to open the sucker up and get this thing up and running The problem started out with what most ppl call it the quot blue screen of death quot Like most ppl I did ignore the blue screen and did a restart which brought me to the normal Windows screen From blue screen to safe mode, then black screen and caps lock blink and then it would start back up just fine I found this in Device From blue screen to safe mode, then black screen and caps lock blink Manager s Hidden Files Non-Plug and Play Drivers - ehdrv - epfwwfp - Security Processor Loader Driver I am not sure if it has anything to do with what it was the blue screen situation but I tried searching on the net on what it all meant and to see if I was able to fix it but before I was able to do something about it the blue screen kept From blue screen to safe mode, then black screen and caps lock blink popping up and it was getting worse The problem progressed to where on Windows startup it would just stop there blue screen would pop up and of course I had to restart it and do an F key press for Safe Mode I had to work on Safe Mode for a good couple of weeks before I can figure out the problem s I believe I had went into the system and found out it had something to do with some kind of error sigh I did write it down but that was like a month ago and I am unable to locate my notes It s frustrating being careless Any way my notebook PC will not start at all I did remove the battery and left the adapter plugged in to removing the adapter and doing a hard reset no justice The notebook would sound like it is about to start but all you can hear is the fan running and the lights with the caps lock blink sequence of ONCE every - seconds no beeping sound I may have changed something though I went as far as learning how to properly with the static free bracelette unscrewed the laptop apart to see if cleaning the fan would be the cause of it Nothing happened but instead of the caps lock blinking ONCE every - seconds it would blink TWICE every - seconds So I went back and checked if everything was put back together memory stick and such and now when i restart it it would BEEP times and the caps lock would blink THRICE every - seconds And so here I am Please help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/from-blue-screen-to-safe-mode-then-black-screen-and-caps-lock-blink.1104596/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi I am having several problems with my computer wondering if I am infected with something First noticed the computer running slowly Then began freezing all the time Then noticed that when I switch to a new internet page at times I notice a small black screen that will pop-up or flash on the page but only for a second almost like you'd get on a quot run command quot type scrren if that makes sense Also I keep getting a security options failure It seems this only comes after the computer freezes and I try to hit alt control delete to bring up task manager I have tried to run Norton Anti-virus and spybot I've used CCleaner to remove unnecessary files clean The virus software finds in popping Infected? black screen and background, freezing Blue up slow screen, nothing unusual usually some cookies with tracking but no virus Any ideas Infected? Blue screen, black screen popping up in background, freezing and slow Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC hp support hpsysdrv exeC Windows RtHDVCpl exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exeC Windows System wpcumi exeC Windows System rundll exeC Windows System rundll exeC Program Files AWS WeatherBug Weather exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files Common Files microsoft shared Works Shared WkCalRem exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC hp kbd kbd exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Electronic Arts EADM Core exeC Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exeC Windows system sdclt exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC Windows explorer exeC Windows system wuauclt exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp def www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http securityresponse symantec com avcenter fix homepage R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp def www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Hosts localhostO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dllO - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine IPSBHO DLLO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Toolbar no name - EAB C -F EC- b -A BA-D BCAE C - no file O - Toolbar no name - BF - F - - - FE E AA - no file O - Toolbar ... Read more

A:Infected? Blue screen, black screen popping up in background, freezing and slow

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/250782/infected-blue-screen-black-screen-popping-up-in-background-freezing-and-slow/
Relevancy 82.99%

Previously it showed Blue Screen every time I boot my Y460; few seconds after the Window Logo. No matter how many times I reformate, it still showing Blue Screen, indicating STOP 0x00000116 and atikmpag.sys error. Subsequently, I went into the BIOS and changed the settings on the graphics switchable to discrete graphics. However its getting worst now because there is no display (totally black with no background light) every time I on my y460. Hence I need assistance and solutions, thanks.

Relevancy 82.99%

Hello,

My laptop will not boot. I end up with an empty black screen or a blue screen with no icons, just a cursor. I get choices for 'normal startup' or ' repair' but not safe mode. Any help appreciated.

A:Unable to start - black screen or empty blue screen w cursor??

Hello JoLaRo and welcome to Seven Forums.

One of the Forum experts has prepared a couple of tutorials that might help you out.

Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

If you're still having issues after following the tutorials, please post back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/346364-unable-start-black-screen-empty-blue-screen-w-cursor.html
Relevancy 82.99%

My problem started much like Screen/Blue problem Black previous Screen much Busybee poster, like that of Busybee with files being deleted orphan files being restored and security something or other however after reboot from CD and running Startup Repair the tests all appear to be OK except quot Root Cause Found - Volume on disk is corrupt quot Result Completed successfully Black Screen/Blue Screen problem much like previous poster, Busybee Error Code x At this point the pc goes through the never ending sequence of trying to boot up black screen then blue screen etc Medion MD Multimedia Home Entertainment Design Centre Operating System Windows Vista bit service pack C Gb Black Screen/Blue Screen problem much like previous poster, Busybee HD with D Gb restore using Gb Gb Ram Disk Black Screen/Blue Screen problem much like previous poster, Busybee failure diagnosis test result OK Most recent change made a day or so prior to the crash was retuning digital tv tuner when the changeover from Analog to Digital signal was needed to update channels here in UK The screen shows quot No Signal Analog quot at beginning and end of reboot sequence The black screen suggests this may be a recent hardware or software issue and advises removal of any recent changes but as I cannot get into the system let alone the control panel I am unable to remove or disable anything Would really appreciate being able to at least recover my files and as I am unable to access the operating system either by safe mode safe mode with command prompt or a normal reboot would welcome any advice about how I can achieve this I have a laptop also running Vista bit if that would be of any help in accessing the files Would welcome any advice on offer I am not a computer whizkid but reasonably competent user since Win Thank you for taking the time to consider my problem and I look forward to hearing any thoughts ideas solutions you can provide nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-blue-screen-problem-much-like-previous-poster-busybee.1003191/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello and thanks for reading I have a year old HP pavilion dv series laptop running windows Yesterday I turned it on and it started normally but when I tried to browse on Firefox it gave me the blue screen for the first time ever and it shut down Fearing I had a virus I ran it in safe mode blinking Laptop blue cursor crash HP screen screen black with now and started a scan and began HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor transporting my pictures via Dropbox just in case it died on me Sure enough a weird error message couldnt HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor figure out what program made the message pop up popped up saying I had a bunch of urgent viruses I didn t click on it at all and before I couldn t think of what to do the blue screen popped up and it shut down When I tried to restart it the HP splash sign popped up and the screen flickered black and a blinking HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor cursor started in the upper left corner So this is where I stand now Black screen with blinking cursor Set default setting in BIOS didn t work and F safe mode or F system restore does nothing The black screen just stays there Any ideas Is it a gonner I m hoping to get back on and get my pictures if possible Help please nbsp

A:HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor

sounds like a bug -click report and ask to move to malware forum

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-laptop-blue-screen-crash-now-black-screen-with-blinking-cursor.1033666/
Relevancy 82.99%

Previously it showed Blue Screen every time I boot my Y460; few seconds after the Window Logo. No matter how many times I reformate, it still showing Blue Screen, indicating STOP 0x00000116 and atikmpag.sys error. Subsequently, I went into the BIOS and changed the settings on the graphics switchable to discrete graphics. However its getting worst now because there is no display (totally black with no background light) every time I on my y460. Hence I need assistance and solutions, thanks.

A:URGENT LENOVO Y460 previously Blue Screen now Black Screen

closing duplicate, please respond at http://forums.techguy.org/windows-7/1117670-urgent-lenovo-y460-previously-blue.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/urgent-lenovo-y460-previously-blue-screen-now-black-screen.1117669/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello originally my problem is that my internet browsers Internet explorer firefox can not display any kind of pages because of some kind of virus Also I had some kind of fake Microsoft Security Essentials MSE asking me to download more fake AV s onto my computer but I knew well enough that it was fake so I close it This also shows up in safe mode MSE block me from opening things such as iexplorer exe or sometimes it would say tskmanager is a virus and it wouldn t let me open anything So eventually I google this up and I read somewhere that told me to rename hotfix exe to hotfix exe when I run APPDATA so the annoying MSE would stop showing up It also told screen blue screen after KillGodzilla.exe login black Computer using displays me to update my Malwarebyte which I still can not do because I still do not have access to the Computer blue login screen displays black screen after using KillGodzilla.exe internet By Computer blue login screen displays black screen after using KillGodzilla.exe the way I am using another computer to type this So again I tried to do some more research to fix my internet problem and I found this site that told me to download KillGodzilla exe and run it and reboot my computer after that I should update my Malwarebyte but of course I can t do that because after the WINDOWS loading screen the blue log in screen doesn t show and displays a black screen which flickers sometimes after a few minutes it would restart my computer Also same thing for safe mode Does anyone know what is going on Did I screw up my computer to badly Do I need to reset my BIOS I am using Windows XP if that helps I also hav ESET smart security on my computer but I can t even open my computer right now Help is appreciated thanks

A:Computer blue login screen displays black screen after using KillGodzilla.exe

Anyone have any ideas at all? I waited a few days, and gave as much information as possible already, please?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/352162/computer-blue-login-screen-displays-black-screen-after-using-killgodzillaexe/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello,

I have been having this problem since a week or so. Broni has helped me in malware forum to rule out malware as responsible. My machine is clean and I was refered here for further help.

Here is my problem:

At boot-time, I see windows XP load screen with the progress bar, the progress bar advances to the end and then, the screen turns pitch black and all is see is an arrow cursor I can move around. I thought until yesterday that this was a permanent freeze-up, but if I wait, say, 6 minutes, the black screen disappears and windows then starts normally.

Last week, problem was intermittent, it now happens all the time.

Windows boot-up was fine before.

Please help me.

A:Windows load screen at boot, looong black screen, then normal startup

I had this tons of times with my old XP PC. It is normal if you have a lot of files on the HDD and you have little RAM. How much RAM do you have? What is the capacity of the HDD? And do you have the Windows XP disc? Would you be willing to upgrade the RAM and/or the OS if we must resort to that? Or would you rather just buy a new PC?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-load-screen-at-boot-looong-black-screen-then-normal-startup.191868/
Relevancy 82.56%

I m having a problem with my Dell Dimension running Windows XP I have an g Maxtor HD as my main drive and a g WD secondary drive When I attempt to boot I get a blue screen with the message A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is he first time you ve seen this Stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again Screen Can't Black Blue (Standard Screen w/cursor Mode), boot then XP Windows Safe or follow these steps Check to be sure you have adequate disk space If a driver is identified in the Stop message disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates Try changing video adapters Check with your Can't boot Windows XP (Standard or Safe Mode), Black Screen w/cursor then Blue Screen hardware vendorm for any BIOS updates Can't boot Windows XP (Standard or Safe Mode), Black Screen w/cursor then Blue Screen Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select Advanced Startup Options and then select Can't boot Windows XP (Standard or Safe Mode), Black Screen w/cursor then Blue Screen Safe Mode Technical Information STOP x E xC xF BB B xF E AO xF E AO FLTMGR SYS - Address F BB B base at F A DateStamp daAs far as the info in the message I see this screen with the same info everytime I rebooted As far as disk space my main drive is g aand I have about g of free space I m not sure if anything in the message refers to drivers Not sure how to change video adapters when I can t get into Windows Standard Mode or Safe Mode Also not sure how to deal with any of the BIOS suggestions or even know if it s a good idea to mess with it Again I cannot even boot to Safe Mode It takes me to the same Blue Screen message I have been able to boot from the CD I get to the Windows Setup screen it loads files It then says it s Starting Windows then takes me to the Windows XP Home Edition Setup It gives me the choices To set up Window XP now press Enter To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console press R To quit Setup without installing Windows XP press F I pressed R and in the Recovery Console it shows C WINDOWSI press as this is the only Windows installation I have It then takes me to the Command Prompt C WINDOWS gt I have run CHKDSK and got this message The volume appears to be in good condition and was not checked Use p if you want to check the volume anyway kb total disk space kb are available bytes in each allocation unit total allocation units on disk allocation units available on disk I have also run CHKDSK r and it found and fixed one or more errors After I exited and tried to reboot from the HD and got the same BSOD with same message I don t know if this is a virus or hardware software problem I do have Malwarebytes Anti-Virus and Norton on the PC but without Windows XP I m not sure how to run them I have also booted from Hirems Boot CD and have run all the hardware tests checked HDs memory video etc I could and have found no problems Any light you could shed on this would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Dave

A:Can't boot Windows XP (Standard or Safe Mode), Black Screen w/cursor then Blue Screen

mod bump

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/385215/cant-boot-windows-xp-standard-or-safe-mode-black-screen-wcursor-then-blue-screen/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello there all My name is Adam and I am currently running a Dell Dimension E Windows XP Screen Death NTFS.sys error? Startup Blue Upon of - MCE GB HD Dual Core Ghz and Gig RAM For some reason this morning I woke up and turned on my computer It started up normally and went to the login screen where it froze before the quot Press Ctrl Alt Delete quot box appeared I set this up to do this instead of the welcome screen Anyway I was forced to do a hard restart This time the computer didn't even get to the login screen before it gave me the blue screen of death with the following error code Code Stop x x x A xC x I did some research and found that it said x is a NTFS Blue Screen of Death Upon Startup - NTFS.sys error? sys Blue Screen of Death Upon Startup - NTFS.sys error? problem I followed the steps and inserted my XP cd but wasn't even presented with the option for recovery console It just said quot Setup is loading files quot then it said quot Starting Windows quot and then continued through the process of starting up until I reached the Error message I can't even start up in safe mode I've tried everything I could find on the internet and am desperate and don't know what to do ANY help would be a life saver Thank You

A:Blue Screen of Death Upon Startup - NTFS.sys error?

Hello avsfilms

When booting from the XP installation CD first you must go into the BIOS and set the boot order to
floppy
CDROM
Hard disk
SAVE and EXIT

Then reboot and the CD should boot up properly.
Watch for "Press any key to boot from CD"

A couple of pages into setup select the first "R" you come to. This is ths Recovery Console.

At the command prompt type
chkdsk /r (there is a space before /)
Enter

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-of-death-upon-startup-ntfs-sys-error-228629.html
Relevancy 82.56%

ok...I was on facebook yesterday just like any other day and my computer restarted then a blue error screen came up...said error detected windows shut down if never seen this just reboot. well i did that and then it came on again. It said BAD POOL HEADER.. i restarted it again then just said problem detected window shut down. I tried system reboot back to 2 days it let me one for like 10 minutes then did it all over again. 2nd time said Memory Management. Everytime i try to reboot or run a test it just goes back to blue screen I cant even go on the computer to get on the interent to troubleshoot so im at work on the interent can someone please help me It is a HPw2007 desktop i bought it in 2007 Windows Vista

A:Windows Startup Failure/Blue Error Screen

Can u ppl please help me

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-startup-failure-blue-error-screen.1025860/
Relevancy 82.56%

Upon reboot or startup I receive an error message Checking file system on C Type of file system is NTFS volume is dirty CHKDSK is verifying file stage or file verification is completed CHKDSK is verifying indexes stage or percentage completed CHKDSK is verifying security descriptors stage of percentage startup Blue with upon message reboot or error Screen completed I then get an opportunity to send an error message to microsoft I wrote down Blue Screen upon startup or reboot with error message the error signature if that's helpful This has occurred the last few times I reboot I must confess that I have been leaving my computer on for the past couple of weeks since first receiving this error message But today the silly thing required a reboot because I got the blue screen of death error message which I did not write down in the middle of surfing the web Any idea what's causing this How can it be fixed Any help will be appreciated By the way I know a little day to day computer stuff but can be walked through most anything just don't know a lot of technical terms and such Thanks

A:Blue Screen upon startup or reboot with error message

Hello glassflute

We really need to know the blue screen error message in order to help
Please post the message such as
STOP 0x00000000A IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
and any drivers named ( *****.sys)

In the meantime, back up all your files/data and run check disk yourself with the repair switch

Start/Run and type in
cmd
OK

At the prompt type
Chkdsk C: /f /r (there is a space before both of the /)
Assuming Windows is installed on "C"
Enter

Reboot and chkdsk will run again and try to repair any errors. If it finds errors this can take quite a long time.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-upon-startup-or-reboot-with-error-message-473549.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Dear everyone About minutes ago when I turned on my computer I had significant trouble Three things occurred My Malwarebytes Anti-Malware didn't load so I logged off windows to try to correct this as this occasionally happens The log off hanged and froze my computer requiring a hard restart When I returned to Windows everything appeared to run smoothly until a BSOD indicated there was a registry Blue minutes? Screen (2 Error Registry - after startup) error and it shut down Upon reboot I clicked check for solution it appeared to fix the solution Malware Bytes popped up and then another minute elapsed before Blue Screen - Registry Error (2 minutes? after startup) the same error I went into Windows Startup Repair ran a quick startup repair and restarted Malwarebytes popped up before any sort of solution prompt for the BSOD and it appears that my BSOD has not returned I even restarted proper restart to make sure nothing bad is happening It restarted just fine I've attached the Blue Screen View of the two blue screens My system information is Windows Home Premium Service Pack Build HP H - PC Intel Core i- GHz gigs ram Could anyone help me figure out whether or not this problem is resolved Or if any further action is needed I am concerned my system may still be unstable The only thing that may have caused these problems that I can think of are I ran a full virus scan with Malware Bytes yesterday I also deleted out my Windows temp folder Thank you for your help in advance EDIT I have the premium Malwarebytes

A:Blue Screen - Registry Error (2 minutes? after startup)

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569407/blue-screen-registry-error-2-minutes-after-startup/