Windows Support Forum

HP Pavilion dv9700 Notebook PC WiFi network not working

Q: HP Pavilion dv9700 Notebook PC WiFi network not working

Before going to work this morning I put my computer on hibernate, when I came back my wifi networking was down. It is not that I am connected to a network but cannot open internet, my wifi network does not start up. The little red light does not turn blue! I have no idea why it is not working, any suggestions appreciated.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: HP Pavilion dv9700 Notebook PC WiFi network not working

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: HP Pavilion dv9700 Notebook PC WiFi network not working

Hey, reasons for the light not to turn blue could be a problem with the physical hardware itself, being that it somehow shorted or something along those lines.

Another reason could be that it is not being supplied power, once a computer goes into hibernation mode it is given the right to stop power to that device, and possibly once starting back up, there was no power given to the Wireless? Have you tried to shutdown the computer normally and try it again? Another reason would be that the wireless settings and everything are all controlled by a service, and maybe the service failed to start. Rather then get you to go to the exact spot and try and turn on the service, just restart the computer. If that doesn't work and you want to try and manually start the service, reply back that you would like to do so and I will try and step you through it.

Other things to try - Reinstall the drivers for the wireless adapter, you will need to go to HP's website, type in your DV9500 as well as the other numbers on the bottom of the laptop on a white sticker, located near your prodocut key usually...

if you are comfortable with opening the laptop up, on the bottom side of the laptop, one of the covers will likely have the wireless card in side, it is connected by 2 wires, a black and a white, if you go to take the card out remember where each cord goes. You can take the card out, boot up the computer, shut it down, reseat the card, and boot up the computer, see if anything comes up..

WARNING: If attempting to remove the wireless adapter card, please be aware that if the card is not damaged, you could damage the card, make sure you are grounded when working inside of the laptop, as well make sure that there is NO POWER to the laptop, this means Remove both the battery and the power cord..

Nothing else comes to mind of what it could be...

If you can't get it to work, try safe mode with networking, if still nothing, I would suggest to bring it to a shop to see if they have a way to test the physical card in a similar laptop or possibly have a new card to test in yours..

EDIT: This is something I found on the Mobile section of this forum where a fix was found on other HP Dv**** Models,

WARNING:Please read the full post that suggests the fix, as it does warn that this CAN cause further damage. This test raises the computers core temperature as well as other components to try and warm them up if there are any cold joints on it, But may damage components due to high temperatures. WARNING
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic130484.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-dv9700-notebook-pc-wifi-network-not-working.155506/
Relevancy 91.16%

Hi for the past month or so I have been having trouble using wifi to browse the Internet on my HP Pavilion dv notebook PC I can see all the available connections and even connect to them but once I am connected and try to use the Internet in any form it just doesn't load any web pages and comes up with the same error when I am not connected to any Internet at all While I am connected to the wifi it fluctuates from saying I have Internet access to no Internet access but no matter what it says connection to the Internet is impossible Up till now this hasn't really been a problem as I have been mainly using Ethernet cables which seems to work fine on my laptop I know that for a fact it's not any of he wifi's that aren't working as other laptops around the house are working on it fine I have had this laptop for about a year but about a month dv6 notebook HP wifi working pc, not Pavilion or so ago this problem HP Pavilion dv6 notebook pc, wifi not working came about and I haven't been able to solve it myself since Any help on this problem would be much appreciated as I am changing all the Internet in my house to wifi so need to sort this out soon Once again thanks for any help Sam

A:HP Pavilion dv6 notebook pc, wifi not working

Have you tried doing a system restore?  Maybe there was some change made and you just need to set it back to a time when it was working properly.I would suggest you check to see if you have a restore point to about one month ago. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Pavilion-dv6-notebook-pc-wifi-not-working/td-p/2594943
Relevancy 73.96%

When I turn on my new laptop I go online via wifi and after under a couple of minutes I lose connection It is not my router as my phone wifi pavilion HP losing notebook and tablet all have wifi access Flight mode is not on I click on wifi HP pavilion notebook losing wifi settings wifi is on but 'limited' connectivity I use windows network diagnostics It tells me to reset wifi adapter then it says the default HP pavilion notebook losing wifi gateway is not available I disconnect from the wifi router but then there are no wifi options at all Sometimes I don't even have the on off switch to turn my wifi on or off My only option is to connect a cable to access the Internet but I don't have a cable Sometimes the wifi returns after an hour or so Sometimes I have to restart my notebook I have been reading through the forums and can see others with a similar problem but I'm still unsure how to resolve it My product number is P A EA ABU

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-pavilion-notebook-losing-wifi/td-p/5613268
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi,I have a problem with driver for WIFI.I installed windows 7 ( 64-bit) on my notebook (HP Pavilion 17-f002sm Notebook PC). On HP support I found all drivers except wifi driver which works on my notebook. I found a similar topic on the HP forum where link to suggested driver does not work.    Link (forum): http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/driver-HP-Pavilion-15-n211dx/td-... Can you help me with any advice?P.S. Before installing windows 7 WIFI worked fine but on windows 8.1.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WIFI-driver-for-HP-Pavilion-17-Notebook-PC/td-p/5851805
Relevancy 73.1%

I bought this HP Pavilion Notebook 15-ab516TX few months back. Since the beginnning I am facing the problem of network connectivity in wifi. The wifi keeps on disconnecitng and it's very frustrating. I have tried everything given on the internet to fix the issue but nothing helped. it seems there is a problem in the Realtek RTL8723BE wifi adapter. I have now installed the Windows 10 1607 update but still the issue persists. I contacted HP support center, after multiple calls and even the engineer visiting my place, the problem persists. They have asked to revert to Windows 8 which is stupid, as no one would  want to degrade to a lower version. Anyone who has faced similar problem and have got it fixed? 

A:Wifi disconnects continuously with HP Pavilion Notebook 15-a...

Hi: The only suggestion I can offer would be to try a newer driver than the one on your notebook's support page. The W10 driver on your notebook's support page is from Oct 20, 2015. However, several updated drivers have been released since then.  This is the latest one I could find... 2023.38.701.2016 Rev.A (9 Sep 2016) This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.  ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp77001-77500/sp77436.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-disconnects-continuously-with-HP-Pavilion-Notebook-15/td-p/5789179
Relevancy 73.1%

HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-p201tx wifi problem. i even tried to download and instaled drivers of wireless network from HP site but it is not atall working. wifi icon is not displying in my laptop. please assist me soon.thank you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Pavilion-Notebook-15-p201tx-wifi-problem/td-p/5722874
Relevancy 73.1%

I installed window 7 pro for that i need wifi drivers .plz re-act fast

A:i want HP Pavilion 15 Notebook wifi drivers for Window 7 64b...

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome.You  may download  and  install HP Support AssistantBelow URL may help you  http://www8.hp.com/in/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html#.V2u6hPl95D8 Regards;DebashishI am an HP employeePlease click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.Please mark Accept As Solution if my help has solved your problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/i-want-HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-wifi-drivers-for-Window-7/td-p/5665820
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello I am checking out a notebook computer for a friend He sent to a technician because his Sound on dv9700 HP No Pavilion hard drive had crashed don t know No Sound on HP Pavilion dv9700 why he didn t send it to me in the first place The tech replaced it and installed Windows bit but there was no sound no webcam and the DVD drive was not visible in the OS I tried to install the bit audio vista drivers from HP s website tried both Conexant and Realtek and the older No Sound on HP Pavilion dv9700 ones also but it kept giving me the error quot Driver installation failed Could not find the device for this driver quot Since the computer had GB of memory I reinstalled it with Windows Vista Ultimate SP bit The reason for Vista is because I know I had experiences in the past where these machines are sensitive when it comes to drivers especially the audio But I kept getting the same error you do not even see the devices in the device manager I also installed the Microsoft UAA I still cannot see the DVD drive you can eject the drive manually using the hardware button Also the webcam is also not recognized I even tried a hard reset removed battery held the power button for secs Now the the last tech who checked the machine seemed to have opened it up for what reason I do not know because the hard disks are accessibly in the back through a small panel Anyone has any ideas Here is the system details HP Pavilion dv Model dv nr P N FE UA ABA Alex nbsp

Relevancy 72.24%

HP Pavilion Notebook PCproduct number E B UA ABAWindows Home -bit nbsp i issues Pavilion and Notebook wifi PC 15 tooth blue HP used to had the os that came with the laptop which i think it was win or after doing a clean install i had a lot of troubles getting my laptop back to work as it should which so far its still a challenge im having two particular HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC blue tooth and wifi issues issues i hope you guys an help me resolve it nbsp - when i unplug the power connector to the laptop my internet doesnt work the same as with the power cord for some reasson the speed is quite slow and unstable and its not related to my internet provider service because i already tried that area because i did thought it was them clearly it was not cause i tested plugging it in and with the power cord i has no issues whatsoever but i dont wanna rely on using my power cord all the time when the batery is already full not to mention its quite useless to think that i need to use the power cord to use my internet service as required nbsp - i have no bluetooth functionality anymore i tried to download software drivers for that area but i simple dont see the device under device manager at all why is that windows update didnt downloaded any driver for HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC blue tooth and wifi issues it nbsp other than that im not pleased and definitly dissapointed over the upgrade to windows while it functions more efficient and better than windows its having issues with laptops ive read a lot of your forum and its sad to see this nbsp ill be looking forward to your assistance and please do help me out im not a pleased costumer this laptop didnt cost me bucks to begin with

A:HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC blue tooth and wifi issues

It is 15-e037cl model number. Not sure why you are upset with HP; your problems only started after you installed Windows 10 which HP did not make you do. Nevertheless it should work fine on your laptop.  The drop in internet speed when you run on battery is likely a power setting. When you shift to battery sometimes processor speed and other performance is slowed down to extend battery life. That can be overridden in the power settings.  The official specs on your model laptop do not list bluetooth: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03885347 It would help to see a screenshot of the device manager just to see if you have the right drivers installed. AMD computers in particular do not seem to do well on the generic drivers Windows 10 seems to want to install.   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-PC-blue-tooth-and-wifi-issues/td-p/5700600
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi,Lost WiFi after BIOS update in HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-p206tx on windows 10.I update BIOS driver after update successful system restart and wifi not working.Please help me.

A:Lost WiFi after BIOS update in HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-p20...

In the Ask Me anything box next tothe Windows icon, type in "Installed updates" and then click on view installed updates. Select the update that is dated for when you had the issue. Click on it to uninstall it.  You will need to restart the notebook afterwards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Lost-WiFi-after-BIOS-update-in-HP-Pavilion-Notebook-15/td-p/5742331
Relevancy 71.81%

screen image turns psychedelic....lots of irradecent colors....I have to move the panel back and forth in order to get the proper background and then, be very light touching the laptop in order to keep it in the proper background color.

What could be the problem?...The trasformer between the laptop and the screen?.....help! Please, any help will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

D

A:HP Pavilion dv9700 Problem with screen

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Have you tried to connect the computer to another monitor?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hp-pavilion-dv9700-problem-with-screen-694952.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I have an HP dv9700 Pavilion entertainment laptop. The sound crackles and hesitates. I've updated the conexant driver, tried using a different player (VLC) and even tried bumping up the priority for windows media player to high while it's playing. Nothing has helped. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

A:Sound crackles/hesitates HP dv9700 pavilion

We discovered the problem. The wireless interferes with the sound. Only fix so far is to disable wireless. Since we listen to a LOT of music, this is workable for now. If anybody knows of a permanent fix, please let me know!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-crackles-hesitates-hp-dv9700-pavilion.932889/
Relevancy 70.95%

My Pavilion dv9700 has a TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L632N lightscribe DVD burner. All of a sudden, about a month and a half ago, it stopped working. It is recognized on the device manager, but the device status gives this error code:
"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available."

i've attempted to search for drivers, but i'm unable to find anything online except firmware updates. can anyone give me suggestions about what i can do to fix this, without having to send my laptop to HP, or lose all my data and settings?

A:TSST Lightscribe drive on Pavilion DV9700

leroys1000 said:

Check here for updated software.
http://www.lightscribe.com/DownloadSection/windows/index.aspx
There is also a diagnostic utility to help fix problems.Click to expand...

That's a post from another Lightscribe problem. It helped that guy, give it a shot. I don't have a great deal of knowledge about Lightscribe but I got done reading that thread, saw yours and thought it might help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tsst-lightscribe-drive-on-pavilion-dv9700.780628/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi everyone I recently updated a friends laptop HP Pavilion DV from Windows Vista to Windows and there has been no audio since the upgrade I know the sound card is good since it worked before upgrading I have searched the HP Driver and Support webpage but unfortunately all of the DV9700, audio device output Pavilion installed HP no drivers are Windows Vista only and do not work on the computer no effect It asks me to restart and upon restarting there is still a white X within a red circle HP Pavilion DV9700, no audio output device installed on the speaker logo in the system tray I have been scouring Google and have tried installing the HP support tool adding legacy hardware installed Realtek drivers installed the HP Vista drivers among several others I have been working on this for well over hours banging my head against the wall This is a clean install of windows home bit If I hover over the icon it states quot No audio output device installed quot I am exhausted at trying to figure this out Please it you have any advise I will appreciate it Thank you -Jon

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/395309-hp-pavilion-dv9700-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 70.09%

My laptop is "HP G62 Notebook PC". It was working fine with Wifi last three years. Now, although the wifi network is detected it is not connecting...when I select the Wifi network and enter the wifi password it is not connected.. tried changing "roaming sensitivity" setting too..but not successful..........reinstalled the driver (ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n Wifi Adapter) too, but not working.....Internet is working using the LAN cable......Please help..............I REINSTALED WINDOWS AND THE WIFI RECOGNIZED ITSELF AS WIFI A/B/G BUT THE SAME HAPPENED I PUT DRIVES FROM HP BUT NOTHING HAPENED THE SAME PROBLEM AGAIN DOES IT HAS DATE OFF EXPIRE? WIFI CARD ID IN BIOS IS VQF-RT3090BCT HP S.............. AGAIN  

A:HP G62 Notebook Wifi not connecting although wifi network de...

Hi, You have a couple of options as I see it please try these steps might help you to fix your issue. 1) Disconnect the Battery & Adapter then press & hold the power button on Notebook for 30 seconds then turn on the unit and check if the Wireless light turns on. 2) Go to Device manager then uninstall the wireless drivers and restart the unit and check if the light turns on. 3) Please update the Bios & Wireless driver from HP website. 4) If you are comfortable reseating the wireless card which will be on the back panel off your unit you could try this steps as well.  Let us know how it goes!  ****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks********Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

I am an HP Employee.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-G62-Notebook-Wifi-not-connecting-although-wifi-network/td-p/5774759
Relevancy 70.09%

My laptop is "HP G62 Notebook PC". It was working fine with Wifi last three years. Now, although the wifi network is detected it is not connecting...when I select the Wifi network and enter the wifi password it is not connected.. tried changing "roaming sensitivity" setting too..but not successful..........reinstalled the driver (ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n Wifi Adapter) too, but not working.....Internet is working using the LAN cable......Please help.............. 

Relevancy 68.8%

Hello everyone,my laptop was working fine, suddenly some keys stopped working like T, Y, Tab, left ctrl, 9 (numlock), F10. I was searching troughout the forum didn't find nothing which could solve me the problem.  I'm using windows 8.1 and I've tried also to test them over Linux,  nothing, same problem. Even when I start the BIOS menu and there is a command to select with F10 in BIOS I can't select it. It won't recognize (tried with and without the key fn). Didn't also split anything on it, so I'm asking here for any help before I go to a service. Any ideas? Thanks 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Some-key-are-not-working-on-my-HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-PC/td-p/5804302
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi all...For some reason, this morning I cannot connect to my wifi. I've tried everything from rebooting the computer and the router and troubleshooting etc. It's working fine on my phone and tablet, but it just keeps saying it can't connect on here.Please can anybody help??Thanks in advance!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Pavilion-notebook-quot-can-t-connect-to-this-network-quot/td-p/5741209
Relevancy 68.37%

Webcam has never worked.  Knew it wasn't a software problem as downloaded all the updates etc and HP help desk then wanted to me to return to factory settings which is such a pain.  So I said no thanks and then went to good old Google and the wonderful community of the world gave me my answer!! Managed to fix it by following the you tube clips about taking off front of computer (beval??) and then fiddled with wires to right of camera and lo and beyold it now appeared in my list of devices whereas previously did not even show up!!! I feel like Rain man thanks to all those helpful people who posted things earlier - thanks heaps

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-dv6-pavilion-notebook-webcam-not-working/td-p/5674171
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi ,
Last night I was watching a Netflix DVD Movie on my Pavilion notebook and right in the middle of the movie I got a freeze frame, Can't get DVD's or Blue Rays to work at all.
Player seems to be recognized and music CD's work OK but no video from the DVD/CD-ROM drive.
Anyone have any ideas what I can do to get this to play DVD's again?

Charlie

A:DVD's stopped working on Pavilion dv7 Notebook

How old is your laptop? It could be that the DVD laser diode is malfunctioning from age.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/492981/dvds-stopped-working-on-pavilion-dv7-notebook/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hiya nbsp The laptop was having serious issues so I nuked it and reformatted the drive and reinstalled nbsp Windows bit I've downloaded the drivers from here for audio - nbsp http support hp com us-en drivers selfservice hp-pavilion-g - -notebook-pc-series model nbsp I was unsure which was what I wanted for the sound itself for the speakers so I downloaded each uninstalled the previous until I got some kind of result the one that gave me a result was 'IDT High Definition CODEC' When I click test on playback sometimes it plays nothing but other times parts of the chime will play and cut out in a sort of crackle Youtube videos don't seem to want to play either so the drivers itself seems to have installed but obviously it isn't working as intended so I'm Properly, HP PAVILION G6 Sound PC Not NOTEBOOK - Working 'Cr... stumped on how to fix it HP PAVILION G6 NOTEBOOK PC - Sound Not Working Properly, 'Cr... Some help would be much apprechiated nbsp HP Pavillion g Notebook PCProduct Number A D EA ABU Solved View Solution

A:HP PAVILION G6 NOTEBOOK PC - Sound Not Working Properly, 'Cr...

Since I'm from a tech background, I think its in my best interest to give the same sort of help that I'd like to see when I google these issues.Thank you so much to @Dvortex who in a different thread gave this advice, which completely fixed my problem. I hope this helps anyone that comes across this.Go to device manager (You can give a right click on windows logo on bottom left corner of your screen and select device manager from the list)Now maximize the ?Sound, video and game controllers? from the list. You will see the audio driver. Right-click on ?IDT high definition audio CODEC? / ?Realtek audio CODEC? and select ?Update driver software?.Select ?Browse my computer for driver software? ? Select ?Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer?.Select ?High Definition Audio Device? (Not IDT High Def... or Realtek High def? This is important) and click Next. You will get a warning message but reply ?Yes?.Once windows have successfully updated the driver software, try playing the audio again and check.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/HP-PAVILION-G6-NOTEBOOK-PC-Sound-Not-Working-Properly/td-p/5836031
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi all Good day, Kindly help me with may built-in HP camera not working, its working in windows 8 before  after upgraded to Windows 10 64bit,  the camera not detected ,  i download the HP assistant cannot detect, where i can find the driver? HP Pavilion 17-e153sa Notebook PC Thanks and best regards, TNavigator   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Pavilion-17-e153sa-Notebook-PC-camera-not-working/td-p/5721671
Relevancy 67.51%

My tablet mode has stopped working since the last Windows update.  I tried resetting the laptop, however that did not work.     

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Pavilion-Notebook-tablet-mode-not-working/td-p/5839379
Relevancy 67.51%

i have HP pavilion notebook 15-p-141ne but after windows 10 beats audio is not working i tried to install driver of win 8 but still getting error plz help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/beats-audio-not-working-on-win-10-pavilion-notebook-15-p/td-p/5821816
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi :3Well, touchscreen was working when i purchased it even after Windows 10 anniversary update, but few days ago it stopped working correctly. The touchscreen recognize when i tap on it, but it won't work when i try to slide my finger on it (for ex. when i scroll down a web page) it just detect it as a lot of taps. I'm gettting frustrated of this, i already contacted with HP Support Assistant (Live Chat) they did these things: -Upgraded BIOS to latest version F.19.-Updated AMD Graphics Card Drivers.-Re-installed Touchscreen driver from Device Manager. It works when i turn off the computer and then restart it.

A:My touchscreen is working partially - HP Pavilion Notebook 1...

Check Windows update history to see if there was an update installed before the touchscreen started behaving strangely.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/My-touchscreen-is-working-partially-HP-Pavilion-Notebook-15/td-p/5723268
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi, replaced failing hard drive successfully.    Certain keys, on the 'q' line stopped working.  Took keyboard off and checked connector - fine.  Put it back together - same keys not working.  Tried deleting keyboards/drivers and rebooting.  No luck.  Ran UEFI device check for keyboard.  Failed.  Failure code: glh01t-78w88d-mfpv6j-g01a03 Will it fix problem if I fit new keyboard and where can I get the correct model?  Thanks.  Typing with onscreen keyboard.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/certain-keyboard-keys-not-working-Pavilion-Notebook-15/td-p/5779568
Relevancy 67.08%

Wireless LAN network suddenly gone! Reseached HP site, Internet..found many people with the exact same problem. Updated drives, BIOS, took the mini card out, rebooted etc. HP enhancement warranty was declined and HP charges over $700.00..NO WAY! Tried the USB external adapter hit it broke and flew to the floor....FRUSTRATED!!! Any advice??

Relevancy 67.08%

More than a year ago I bought an HP Pavilion dm4-3005tx for Pavilion HP Notebook PC Network Wireless Driver dm - tx through my cousin in Singapore It is loaded Wireless Network Driver for HP Pavilion dm4-3005tx Notebook PC with Windows Home Premium bit I don't know if it is Wireless Network Driver for HP Pavilion dm4-3005tx Notebook PC just a coincidence few weeks after the warranty expires it freezes while starting the windows It happened several times until it prompt me to repair by inserting the disc recovery which at that time I was unable to use since the disc that I used was already damaged due to my fault on poor storage I was forced Wireless Network Driver for HP Pavilion dm4-3005tx Notebook PC to reformat my machine using a counterfeit OS of the same version since I have to do it temporarily as I need to use my machine and downloading an ISO for Windows Home Premium and re-installing it using the product key in the sticker is not possible since I am in an area with poor internet connectivity After a few months of using a counterfeit OS I was able to secure an ISO for Windows Home Premium and I decided to reformat my machine using the ISO however it has almost all the drivers gone I need to re-install it but my problem is most of the drivers I downloaded from HP is not compatible with the OS I just installed Specially the driver for wireless network I cannot connect to the internet using my machine since all the drivers related to networks cannot be used I tried all networking drivers available for my machine but all of them is not compatible How can it be possible Please I need help from anybody who can help me Your suggestion or advise will be much appreciated Thank you in advance

A:Wireless Network Driver for HP Pavilion dm4-3005tx Notebook PC

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... It seems like you need to do another Clean Install ... How are you able to Post here are you using another Computer ? ...
I suggest you read the Tutorial below ... It contains every thing you need to get the perfect Insulation including the ISO ...
Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/349373-wireless-network-driver-hp-pavilion-dm4-3005tx-notebook-pc.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I HAVE INSTALLED WINDOWS 8 PRO  64 BIT BUT M NT ABLE TO CONNECT EITHER TO WIFI OR ETHERNET....PLZ HELP ME OUT

A:WIFI NOT WORKING IN MY HP 250 G3 NOTEBOOK

Hi: Your PC is not supported by HP for W8, and there are no W8 wireless card drivers that I know of. You can see if this W8 ethernet driver from the 250 G1 notebook works for you. http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5359432&swItemId=ob_118356_1&swEnvOid=413... Your only option as I see it, is to connect via ethernet, install the required W8 updates so you can get the free upgrade to W8.1 Pro from the windows store, then you can install the drivers listed on the 250 G3 support page.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WIFI-NOT-WORKING-IN-MY-HP-250-G3-NOTEBOOK/td-p/5607100
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi, i have maddening issues with my internet.

I own an Acer One notebook and up until a month ago internet worked just fine. Lately it is very slow when i'm in my room (download speed 0.08 sometimes) but it works in 2 spots and it gets better as i get closer to the router (it's downstairs). We have 2 PCs and another laptop using the same router and they all work fine, even in my room.

I've checked for viruses and malware (MS Essentials and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware), emptied cache and temp files, reset router, i don't know what else to do.
Would reinstalling wireless driver do it? I'd need some help finding it.

Btw i am running windows 7 and it's a 32bit.

Thanks in advance for any input!

Relevancy 66.65%

hi after updating my laptop with a system up date my caps lock, b and n keys don't work. I'm using the on screen keyboard to write this. my laptop is a HP Pavilion g6-1389sa Notebook with Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64. normarly i would take it in to the shop to be looked at but i have no warranty left as i could not afford it. please help if you can as i use my laptop for work everyday, and need this sorted as soonas possible. thank you.

A:keyboard keys not working on HP Pavilion g6 notebook laptop

What system update, windows update, a driver update? This is pretty vague.Could the update be coincidence and the keys are broken? If you boot to safe mode with command prompt try them then.Maybe the keys themselves are damages in which case you need a new or new old stock keyboard.That's what I would do, test the keys in a command prompt window and if they don't work there get a new keyboard.Do you have access to a usb keyboard to see if it's the keys or some weird OS thing?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/keyboard-keys-not-working-on-HP-Pavilion-g6-notebook-laptop/td-p/2751919
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello, I did a clean install of windows 7 over top of windows 8 via new copy on CD. After the clean install I am missing all the usb, ethernet controller, network controller, PCI device drivers. When I go to the hp website to find the drivers, it is only offering drivers for windows 8 + windows 10. I also can't save the drivers to usb to install to the computer with the windows 7 since the drivers are not installed. I also have not internet due to the same issue. Can anyone please help me with a way to fix this issue? Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/385649-hp-pavilion-notebook-17-f232nr-energy-star-network-drivers.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Okay my laptop model is HP Pavilion g6-1301sa Notebook PC. When i first got the computer it was windows 7. A Couple of months later i deiced to try out ubuntu. I Installed it over windows 7. Now i tried to switch back to windows today. I Had to burn a disc with the windows 7 64 Bit ISO. I am now back on Windows 7 but having issues with the drivers. I can't connect to the internet due to no network adapter driver. I Have tried to download and install it a number of items but it either says 'You did not install that correctly' or it says nothing. I Have restarted the computer but the computer still says i need to install the driver. I Also can't even use my USB. I Have checked the drivers for them and it's fine. Just it won't even show up just makes a noise when i plug it in

A:HP Pavilion g6-1301sa Notebook PC Wireless Network Adapter Driver

Hello and welcome Jooshy Well not to put too fine a point on it my friend what you should have done was to burn a bootable Ubuntu disk when you boot from it you choose the non install option. I use this on quite a few occasions to solve hard drive problems when Windows will not boot or someone has lost their password.

However whats done is done. I don't know if that Ubuntu install would have wrecked the partition that is installed at the factory that you can use to do what is known as a factory default. Now if you are game you can try this > On power up tap F11 and it takes you into a repair install.

If the partition is gone then you are going to have to do what you are doing now. That being the case then you are going to have to keep at the driver site.

Also can you confirm that model number please as I cannot find any reference to the one quoted in the HP site. Plus can you give us a shot of the disk > Control Panel > Admin Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management and send the pic back so that we can see what there is on the C: drive. (see my pic)

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/267222-hp-pavilion-g6-1301sa-notebook-pc-wireless-network-adapter-driver.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Good day... I reformatted my HP Pavilion g4-2129tx Notebook using windows 7 64 bit OS. After formatting, I cant seem to make the wifi work, I've already tried installing a bunch of different drivers for the wifi adapter but there aren't any wireless adapter shown in the network connection. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/hp-g4-pavilion-wifi-not-working/td-p/5619628
Relevancy 66.22%

hi,      I have a plrobem with hp notebook 240 G4. i.e when the pc boot getting display it was hang frequntly. desktop getting that time wifi drivers and lan drivers not working.that time i can press any key it was hang.  PLease help me i am facing lot of problems.. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Hp-notebook-240-G4-wifi-drivers-not-working/td-p/5681842
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello All I am working HP wifi Pavilion laptop not dv6 trying to fix my brother-in-law s laptop hp pavilion dv windows -bit He is having problems connecting to HP Pavilion dv6 laptop wifi not working the internet through the laptop wifi It shows all the surrounding routers including his but won t connect either way He has a sprint wifi card that he uses to connect with no problems Now if that is working than what is causing the laptop wifi not to work I even looked on the hp website for any answers and this is what I have read from other people using the same model Having the laptop plugged in the ac for most of the time might cause the motherboard to overheat and cause the wifi to not function My brother-in-laws does kinda have it plugged in most of the time that I have seen Might have to download the new version of the Bios wireless assistant and the wireless drivers off the hp website Install software reboot and just incase re-install the bios and that should fix the problem The motherboard might be the problem might have to fix or buy a new motherboard Heh Ahhhhh I hope not it s not even months old Well if anybody out there have any suggestions as to how this problem can be fixed please feel free to throw them my way

A:HP Pavilion dv6 laptop wifi not working

hi

Step 1:
Control panel>>Network & Sharing Center>>Manage Wireless ....(to left hand side panel)>>remove all wifi credential (Stored WIFI SSID & WIFI Password)
try connecting Wifi again

Step 2:
Control panel>>Network & Sharing Center>>Change adapter settings>>Wireless connection (Right click select properties)>>TCP/IPv4>>Put manual IP Address & Put DNS as below

dns:-- 208.67.222.222
alt: 208.67.220.220

best of Luck

Regards,
harjit

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/336849/hp-pavilion-dv6-laptop-wifi-not-working/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi, Need Network Drivers (WLAN, WIFI, etc) for HP Pavilion Notebook 15-ab15nr on Windows 7 ? Please let me know from where i can download it. Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Need-Network-Drivers-WLAN-WIFI-etc-for-HP-Pavilion-15/td-p/5753295
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi,      Mine is HP Pavilion dv6 laptop. when I switch on the power button, the screen is not showing anything. (Wifi light is on mousepad border light is on. caps lock is working). I tried Removing battery, ac power off and pressing the power button for 15 sec and then turning the laptop on. But still the screen is blank.     I even tried pressing windows+b while switch on the laptop till the beep comes. But there was nither any beep nor any screen display. I have been looking for a solution for a long tim now. please help me to get back my laptop in working state.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/My-pavilion-dv6-screen-is-not-working-wifi-light-is-on/td-p/5638522
Relevancy 64.5%

Have just bought a HP-Pavilion-ab-516tx laptop. Whenever I close the laptop lid, I lose the wifi connectivity. I have checked Power Settings to make sure wifi adapter remains enabled at all times. Have also gone to Control Panel --> network and sharing --> change adapter settings --> right click on connected wifi network ---> properties --> configure --> power management --> untick allow computer to turn off this device to save power. Neither of these has fixed the problem. Would like to use the laptop with lid closed by pluggin it through my TV via HDMI cable, but can't because of the loss of wifi. Any response is appreciated

A:Wifi not working on closing the lid on HP Pavilion-ab516tx R...

What you do is go back to the Power options and  click on" change what closing the lid does". Select do nothing and then save that change.  I just tested it with my product loan Spectre 13 and it worked. The ultrabook did not shut down and it maintained wireless contact with my home router.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-not-working-on-closing-the-lid-on-HP-Pavilion-ab516tx/td-p/5801621
Relevancy 64.5%

hi ....my laptop as i mentioned its product name having problem with wifi adapter  ...its not catching wifi signals properly since one week dont know what happened ....before that its working very good but now even if i having moden having wifi feature enebled within the room where my laptop is present it can hardly get 2 bars dont know how to solve ....tried with inbuilt troubleshoot but it didnt work ....plz help me.... 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-adapter-not-working-in-my-hp-pavilion-g6-2007-tx/td-p/5619245
Relevancy 64.5%

I have a HTC One X and my notebook is a Samsung R720 running Windows 7 Ultimate SP1.

The wifi has been working perfectly on both my phone and notebook for a year or so, and now I installed a bunch of updates on my notebook and I think that caused my problems.

Now I have a DLink router, WPA protected WIFI network. It works great on my phone, but on my notebook it takes minutes to load pages, and sometimes it will say "___ is unavailble" in chrome. I always have 5 bars though, sometimes a small yellow triangle pop-ups but is gone in a split second.

I ran the diagnostics tool, which didn't help at all. Ran sfc scannow, didn't help either. Changed from WPA to WEP and back, didn't help, changed my wifi channel, didn't help either.

Do any of you have any ideas?

Thanks!

A:Wifi working perfectly on my phone, but a mess on my notebook.

Basic Requirements Before Posting your Networking Thread - Following this may help us in finding out the potential culprit. Also can you also run a system restore point to a point before the issue occurred. The following tutorial may help.

System Restore

Also can you try to update your drivers to the most current as this can be a potential cause.

NP-R720E - DOWNLOADS | SUPPORT | SAMSUNG UK

Samsung offer multiple drivers for certain WLAN card makers so I cannot offer a link to the one you need unless you can tell us the wireless card you have.

Speccy - System Information - Free Download

Speccy can help narrow down what particular driver you need if you are unable to determine which driver you need.

Lastly, What is the make/model of your router as you may need to make some changes.

Many Thanks,
Josh

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/302687-wifi-working-perfectly-my-phone-but-mess-my-notebook.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I have a desktop PC running Win XP SP and a notebook on Win Vista for IP Wifi home Changing Keeps network Vista/XP PC Address Notebook Home which I have networked through a Trendnet wireless router The desktop has Zonealarm firewall installed I went into Zonealarm and entered Vista/XP Wifi home network IP Address Keeps Changing for Notebook PC the IP address for my notebook into the trusted zone and for a while evertyhing works fine Every once in a while though Vista/XP Wifi home network IP Address Keeps Changing for Notebook PC connectivity is lost and it always traces back to the wireless IP address for my notebook being different by one digit For example the Vista/XP Wifi home network IP Address Keeps Changing for Notebook PC IP in the firewall had been set to and so was my notebook and has been working fine Or at least it was This morning the notebook IP had changed to which of course didn t match what the firewall was looking for so no connectivity As soon as I changed the firewall setting voila connectivity Why does the IP address for my notebook keep randomly changing for no apparent reason The range of IPs I ve seen assigned to my notebook is always through Tawni nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

Hi My computer has recently randomly- Ralink card wifi connection Notebook network drops started to drop the WiFi connection reconnect after a while and at times not even detect my WiFi connection for a while Then repeats the process for no apparent reason I'm not sure when exactly thus problem Notebook drops wifi connection randomly- Ralink network card started as I Notebook drops wifi connection randomly- Ralink network card had been using Ethernet cable up until last week I am certain that this is not related to my router as - other devices in my house can access the internet perfectly fine I have tried doing a power cycle of the router restarting the notebook re-installing updating drivers and cmd ipocnfig refresh and other commands along those lines My notebook model is the hp pavilion tx- windows bit intel I gb ram and uses a ralink RT network card Ps the problem appears to be alright if I use older versions of the driver have tried and the default one which came with the notebook which is older than it however I would prefer not to have to use the older versions as task manager says that its link speed is only mbps whereas versions would show mbps Thankyou in advance

A:Notebook drops wifi connection randomly- Ralink network card

It sounds to me like a signal problem. A competing signal drowning out your wireless signal can cause these kinds of random losses.

To test for this try this program:
inSSIDer for Home – Discover The Wi-Fi Around You | MetaGeek
It will tell you if you have a stronger signal in your area that is interfering with the channel.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/289010-notebook-drops-wifi-connection-randomly-ralink-network-card.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Dear everybody! I'm going to buy more 8GB Crucial ram for my laptop. Currently i have 4GB. So i will have 12GB ram total. So Could anyone give me some advices about this. Is it ok ? Is it compatible with my device ?  Thank you.  

A:HP-Pavilion-17-f100-Notebook-PC-series - HP Pavilion Noteboo...

@0xaddr? Memory Supports the following configurations: ? 12288 MB (8192 MB×1+ 4096 MB×1; not supported on computer models with a 32-bit operating system) Your manual here. http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04427554 REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-17-f100-Notebook-PC-series-HP-Pavilion-Notebook/td-p/5748896
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi, I just bought 2 laptops today and wanted it to be in Windows 7 64 bit instead of Windows 10.May I know where to get the Winows 7 drivers?I had tried to search around but I couldn't get Win7 driver.Can you provide me? The laptops I just bought are:HP Pavilion 14-ab175TXHP Pavilion Notebook - 14-ab161tx

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-Pavilion-14-ab175TX-amp-HP-Pavilion-Notebook-14-ab161tx/td-p/5636669
Relevancy 57.62%

My Wi-Fi network is showing that it is on and connected to my devices. But it is not working correctly. Any advice on how to get it fixed? I have already attempted to turn it off and back on and unplug and replug in the router and modem.

A:Wifi network showing up but not working

Welcome!

Can you be more specific please? What do you mean by not working correctly?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-network-showing-up-but-not-working.1114411/
Relevancy 57.19%

Windows Unidentified Network via LAN WiFi working My on board was doing this same problem so I bought a new Network Card Turned out it was also a realtek and performs worse The on board would atleast work for a little bit on a fresh boot sometimes This new one hasnt worked since i installed it ive tried three different sets of drivers and a host of troubleshoot options from the good old googles for about a week solid im ready to give up and depend on wireless Sigh I dont want to do that i game and ping matters XP Im connected straight to modem my laptop experinces no problem wither wifi or lan and my phone stays solid on my wifi Frontier ISP Netgear frontier provide router Ipconfig with wifi on Windows IP Configuration Host Name SpizawnDesktop Primary 7 LAN...WiFi Unidentified Windows working. via Network Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Windows 7 Unidentified Network via LAN...WiFi working. netgear com Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix netgear com Description Realtek RTL B Wireless b g Mbps USB Network Adapter Physical Address - -E - - -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe fc a a a f d b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday July PM Lease Expires Saturday July PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - D- - B- A- - - - - -AB DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCI GBE Family Controller Physical Address - - - - -AB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c b d a Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - D- - B- A- - - - - -AB DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap B E E - F - A - F - D D CCCEC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap netgear com Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix netgear com Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Pinging yahoo com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms AutoConfigProxy REG SZ wininet dll MigrateProxy REG DWORD x ProxyEnable REG DWORD x ipconfig wif off Windows IP Configuration Host Name SpizawnDesktop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCI GBE Family Controller Physical Address - - - - -AB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c b d a Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - D- - B- A- - - - - -AB DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap B E E - F - A - F - D D CCCEC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ping request could not find host yahoo com Please check the name and try again AutoConfigProxy REG SZ wininet dll MigrateProxy REG DWORD x ProxyEnable REG DWORD x I have tried googling this problem alot i simply just dont know what to do anymore Im not exactly a pc dummy but don't have a lot of experience with networking Will post ip config of my onboard once i reset and turn it on in the bios Ipconfig of just onboard Currently working As stated earlier it... Read more

A:Windows 7 Unidentified Network via LAN...WiFi working.

With Wi-Fi off:
Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.1.122(Preferred)

It seems you can't get an IP address from the router DHCP server. Did you try factory resetting the router (not just power cycling)?

Also, Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 12-34-56-78-90-AB for onboard LAN I believe. Did you change the MAC address manually before?

Create a manual System Restore point - System Restore
Get Download Complete Internet Repair - MajorGeeks and run it as admin
Select:
- Reset Internet Protocol
- Repair Winsock
- Renew Internet connections
See if it helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/376509-windows-7-unidentified-network-via-lan-wifi-working.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I am facing a strange problem with same Internet 2nd working computer wifi network not with my internet connection on Windows I have a netgear WNR wifi router and two laptops connected to it running Windows on first and Windows on second The connection in Windows laptop shows sufficient signal strength but when I try to access internet it does only shows connecting I have changed browsers wifi router adsl router released and reconnected IP address forgot and re-added wifi network reset wifi router to factory almost everything The strange part is that as soon as the other Windows laptop is disconnected from the network Windows internet start working fine I have tested this many times and there is no doubt in this behavior I dont know whether the problem is in any update installed on Windows the older Dell Wireless wifi card or some virus in the other Windows laptop Can someone please help me Going bonkers here My ipconfig output Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address F -B -E - - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address -B -E - - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Qualcomm Atheros AR PCI-E F ast Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address - -C -B -E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless b g n GHz Physical Internet not working with 2nd computer same wifi network Address F -B -E - - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f b e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday July PM Lease Expires Monday July PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -AC- A-FE-F -B -E - - E- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Note that I have assigned preferred IP addresses to both laptops based on MAC Thanks a lot

A:Internet not working with 2nd computer same wifi network

Hi rachit27 and welcome to Eight Forums,
There must be a hotspot utility running on it. You'll have to find it and turn it off. This type of utility lets you share your internet connection with other devices. It basically turns your laptop into a wireless router/repeater. There is likely an Icon for it in the notifications area down next to the clock on the taskbar. I'd look there first.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/49991-internet-not-working-2nd-computer-same-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I want to forget a Wi-Fi network from my network list i windows 8.1 . But when I right click on that network (to forget that network) nothing happens i.e. right click menu does not open. Do you have any suggestion?

A:forgetting wifi network not working in windows 8.1

Upload a screenshot of where you are (when you right-click) and I'll compare it to mine.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/28448-forgetting-wifi-network-not-working-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 57.19%

So I have wireless internet in my house through an xfinity cable/internet modem. While I was trying to set up my new printer on the wireless network, my wireless stopped working. My computer is showing it has a full signal from my wireless network, however it unable to connect. Also, if I connect my computer via ethernet cable the internet works without a problem. Also, my 3 other roommates can no longer connect to the wireless and nothing was done with their computers. I've tried unplugging the modem and plugging it back in after 30 seconds as recommended, but nothing changed. Please help!

A:Wireless not working after trying to add HP Printer to wifi network

Try turning the wireless printer off and unplug its power cord. If your WIFI comes back it was the printer that is interfering with the router. You will then have to go though the setup again to get everything working. My guess is the printer is using the same IP address that the router wants to use.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/207257-wireless-not-working-after-trying-add-hp-printer-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Dear Forum nbsp I have not used the forum before and I am not very technically minded I have seen several posts and replies from members who nbsp have been dealing with nbsp a similar problem to me and I believe I nbsp have tried the solutions posted but nothing has worked so far nbsp I have a Compaq Presario CQ - SA Notebook lost 480SA 10 ... - install notebook after CQ57 wifi wifi - Win PC - Model B V EA nbsp I think it was bought in It was running Win and worked properly but I upgraded to Win in July and since then and despite a complete re-install there is no wireless functionality at all no wireless icon etc The physical wireless switch will not do anything except turn 'Airplane mode' on and off I have surfed various websites and the HP site and think that it maybe the wireless adapter but I am not sure I think my wireless adapter is aManufacturer Realtek Semiconductor Corp Description Realtek RTL CE b g n WiFi AdapterDriver version Driver date Physical address - - A- F-DB- DFile version CQ57 480SA notebook - wifi lost after Win 10 install - wifi ... nbsp I downloaded Piriform Speccy to identify my laptop's components in case this helps Operating System - Windows Home -bitCPU - Intel Celeron B GHz nbsp - Sandy Bridge nm TechnologyRAM - GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard - Hewlett-Packard CPU Graphics - Generic PnP Monitor x Hz Intel HD Graphics HP Storage - GB Seagate ST LM HN-M MBB SATA Optical Drives - hp DVDRAM GT NAudio - Realtek High Definition Audio nbsp Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated nbsp Best Regards nbsp - Renard

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/CQ57-480SA-notebook-wifi-lost-after-Win-10-install-wifi/td-p/5772244
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey guys I've been having a problem for a few days and have laptop) Wifi suddenly (through working Hosted not Network been looking everywhere for a solution with no luck thus far I recently moved in with my girlfriend and Hosted Wifi Network (through laptop) suddenly not working my internet plan didn't include a router Since she's not going to stay here for long just til the end of the year I've been routing the net from the cable modem through my laptop so all of our devices can be connected Problem started happening when she had to plug the cable on her laptop one day as I was away for uni and we simply cannot take Hosted Wifi Network (through laptop) suddenly not working the damn cable out of it I'm working on getting a replacement one before I can try bruteforcing it but I'm also worried that it might break the port In any case we've been using her laptop as the router for the last few weeks but somehow Virtual Router Manager doesn't work here it fails to recognize the virtual mini port so I'm manually routing it using the netsh wlan script The problem is that it simply stopped working last week and I have no idea why The network is still being set succesfully and all devices can connect to it but they can't connect to the internet Doing a adapter troubleshooting windows says it's because it doesn't have a valid IP connection I've since looked for solutions for this online but none of them fit my problem I've tried the netsh reset log commands with to no avail The computer connected to the wired modem has perfect connection I'm currently writing from it it's just the hosted wifi that doesn't work Thoughts Thank you so much in advance

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/119a6269-0887-49c5-b884-1c532fbc31db/hosted-wifi-network-through-laptop-suddenly-not-working?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi there I recently had to replace my laptop due to some accidental and have now been given a Fujitsu-Siemens Lifebook It s the second one I ve had as the first gave up the ghost My problem is that I have an existing Wifi network with a wireless desktop PC network new working issue on Renewing address and WiFI exisiting for IP laptop a wireless work laptop and a Linksys Wireless Ethernet bridge for my PS used to use it with the work laptop My ADSL router is a Linksys All works fine for the other PCs but my new laptop just won t connect to Renewing IP address issue for new laptop on exisiting and working WiFI network the internet The error message saying cannot renew IP address I had the same problem with the first replacement Lifebook I Renewing IP address issue for new laptop on exisiting and working WiFI network think I solved it by updating the Firmware on the router There haven t been any new firmware updates and this is the same model as the previous laptop Using WEP encryption rather than WPA as can t seem to get the right firmware for the bridge I m now stuck Can anyone help Cheers nbsp

A:Renewing IP address issue for new laptop on exisiting and working WiFI network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/renewing-ip-address-issue-for-new-laptop-on-exisiting-and-working-wifi-network.677966/
Relevancy 55.47%

Product Name Hp Omen Operating System Microsoft one Win10 connect shows it stop Wifi and network doesn't only working. Windows -bit Wifi card Intel Wireless-N Hi guys since some days my wifi has stopped working If I click on Wifi icon it shows only ONE max two NETWORK And I live in a Wifi stop working. Win10 shows only one network and it doesn't connect building with networks as you can see from WiFi Analyzer I'm the red one on the right If I deactive reactive Wifi with fn f it goes to Airplane mode and to Wifi mode again and Wifi stop working. Win10 shows only one network and it doesn't connect it eventually shows all the networks My Wifi is on the top If it's saved Windows connects to it and then it drops the connection if it's not saved and I try to connect it says quot You're not able to connect to this network quot The fun fact is that after some seconds every network disappear and only one is showed probably the neighbour one I dunno I've already tried to HARD-RESET the notebook keeping the power button for sec with the laptop turned off I've already tried to follow these instructions http support hp com us-en document c updating drivers Intel Windows default Lastest drivers with no success Everytime I install a new drivers I uninstalled the previous one Wireless software reboot I tried to uncheked quot Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power quot on my Wifi hardware settings without success The HP Network support says I didn't choose a Wifi Really The problem is I don't see my Wifi on the list This is not related to a new Windows upgrade since I've installed it months ago and It's the first time I've this problem It always worked I tried different settings too I changed channel I set g on my router APSD off on the router I set quot Magic packet off ad hoc QoS off U-APSD off fat channel off incremental throughput off HT mode off quot on the card setting without success Nothing chaned The Hardware test doesn't detect any failure Note carefully If I go close to the router it shows my network with full power connection and it connects to it Then I go back to my bedroom probably meters far it KEEPS the connection for min and It drops the connection and I can't reconnect to it anymore It always worked perfectly in my room in these months I bought it in March so the distance is not a problem I'm m far from the router In this case It shows my Network Connected and the neighbour network and the other networks The only way I have is USB tethering with my Nexus Linux I tried the Wifi connection on Elementary Freya Ubuntu linux based OS and it shows networks available on the list It has not connection problem with my Wifi but sometimes it stops working the webpages stop loading and I must reboot Wifi to reconnect to it usually after min using it ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- What's the problem Is my Wifi card broken Should I call italian support or you have some suggestion

A:Wifi stop working. Win10 shows only one network and it doesn't connect

I did a restore factory with HP recovery (I've a dedicated drive for it) and....it worked!
I had to upgrade Win8.1 to 10, but the Wifi problem is solved!

I'm still guessing which was the problem...
Now I'm running Intel drivers ver. 18.30.0.9 and all the networks are working.

In the next days I'm trying to check the linux problem (the factory reset deleted Elementary partition).

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/39495-wifi-stop-working-win10-shows-only-one-network-doesnt-connect.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I am using Win I have an xbox connected to the pc via powerline adapters am sharing my video library and internet connection using internet connection sharing by bridging my lan and wifi connections When I am connected to my apartment s free wifi SSID Tenant Wifi the xbox can share the internet connection and access the videos and music on my pc just fine I am now trying to connect to a different wifi signal xfinitywifi When I connect the pc can use the internet through the xfinitywifi just fine but my loses connection to both the wifi and the pc in general No music no videos no netflix When I switch back to Tenant Wifi everything works normally again I have tried rebooting everything pc and powerline adapters I have tried going into the network settings and disabling the lan port wifi adapter and network bridge then re-enabling them again None of this works Any ideas Thank you in advance for taking the time to help me nbsp

A:Solved: Network bridge stops working when I make a different wifi connection?

using internet connection sharing by bridging my lan and wifi connections. Click to expand...

I thought that it was impossible to use ICS and bridge the connections at the same time. You must have found some special case that works.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-bridge-stops-working-when-i-make-a-different-wifi-connection.1151765/
Relevancy 55.04%

Actually my wifi adapter can catch all other wifi signal except my wifi router.

A:my notebook wifi adapter don't get my wifi router

There are several resons.1. The wifi signal might be too weak at the point where the computer is.2. Other device radiation/signals might be blocking it.3. Your router signal might be hodden (check EWS of router).4. Signal broadcasting might have been turned off on router. Since other signals are found on the computer, there shouldnt be a issue with your couputer.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/my-notebook-wifi-adapter-don-t-get-my-wifi-router/td-p/5725324
Relevancy 55.04%

hello ,my hp notebook pc problem is my wifi is show but not show neighbors and other wifi show .please help me what can i do. i have done all thing update latest deriver . plzz help me

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/hp-notebook-pc-my-wifi-is-show-but-neighbor-and-other-wifi/td-p/5670095
Relevancy 52.03%

HELP nbsp Of nbsp course my laptop has drama's HP Pavilion Notebook 15 when it's just out of nbsp warranty Last night I was doing a word doc - and it just froze so I turned it off and when it loaded - it had a BLUE SCREEN and said nbsp RECOVERYYour HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC Device needs to be repairded - I dont know why what how - BUT I was lucky that I did request the disc for System Recovery I did the disc - was all working - did all the updates ect nbsp Today Saturday th October Working on a word doc - next mintue the screen started going Grey with some lines ectIv turned it off - took at battery out- turn back on - it Power's up BUT the screen is still copmplety Grey- Now has virticle lines nbsp Iv tried tapping the f - screen same- and it BEEPS at me f - screen is the same nbsp I have Videos and Pictures nbsp nbsp Please Help- I cant afford a new laptopHP Pavilion Product No P C PAEdition Windows HomeSystem -bit nbsp Kind RegardsSonia McMahon

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook/td-p/5806328
Relevancy 52.03%

I don't remember my password and I am locked out of my laptop. How do I recover this? I don't have a recovery disc. CJ

A:HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC

cigambino Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!If you Google for Trinity Rescue Kit, you will find a site where you can download an ISO file that you can then use to make a boot CD to then use to reset your password. Once you have that file, download and install ImgBurn and use the Write Image to Disk option to create a bootable CD.Good Luck

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Pavilion-dv7-Notebook-PC/td-p/5755604
Relevancy 52.03%

ok this laptopgot some pretty severe viruses and now that they re all gone i can only browse the net for like - minutes before pavilion Help notebook with it dies please help me here s the hijack report Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft Help with pavilion notebook AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files Help with pavilion notebook Cosmi SpyWare Killer in wc wcservice exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc Help with pavilion notebook exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Picasa PicasaMediaDetector exe C program files seekmo seekmo exe C Program Files SlySoft AnyDVD AnyDVD exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C WINDOWS system torrent exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Digital Images manager Photags AutoDetect exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Documents and Settings user Desktop HiJackThis v exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sb http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Seekmo Search Assistant Helper fleok D A A C E AD EA FA EF B E DE A C - CD E- - a -B C - C E FBAB - c program files seekmo seekmohook dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO no name - D AAEB-AA - AE -B F -E AF A A - C PROGRA Cosmi SPYWAR pop ABG PL DLL O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar Seekmo Toolbar - E B E -A D- B-B - B B - C Program Files Seekmo Programs Seekmo Toolbar SeekmoTB dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run eabconfg cpl C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe Start O - HKLM Run WatchDog C Program Files InterVideo DVD Check DVDCheck exe O - HKLM Run BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll exe bthprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgent O - HKLM Run Picasa... Read more

A:Help with pavilion notebook

come on guys I know you can help me with this .. Please don't make me beg

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-pavilion-notebook.560259/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have installed Windows 10, a clean copy of windows installation has been done with full format of c drive. So, after a successfull installation of win10 in my HP Pavilion dv6-7024tx, I ran windows updates to make sure it gets all driver for its hardware automatically, it did though and was absoultely fine expect one audio problem relating to micro (not working), I couldn't notice that time. I also installed HP support assistance for further assistance to make sure everything work just okay. Things to describe here, everything works absolutely fine without the built in Micro issue for Audio device. It is litterally not working to input audio anymore here. In my previous Win7 which was given in factory default setup, had BeatAudio driver and I saw that software and everything was Okay earlier. 

A:HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC

Hi: See if this IDT audio driver works for you...Install and restart the PC. This package contains the driver that enables the IDTHigh-Definition (HD) Audio in supported notebook models that arerunning a supported operating system. File name: sp63555.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/HP-Pavilion-dv6-Notebook-PC/td-p/5750511
Relevancy 52.03%

Dear people and HP Support .  I just got my new hp Pavilion notebook ,laptop 17  Im having trouble trying to connect to the wifi .  when i join the wifi it says that "no internet" then when i have click on the trouble shooting report  . It tested it for error's and it come out saying - issues found " one or more network protocols are missing on this computer . Then underneath it say's Restore network protocols to default settings .  sorry but I Don't understand why it is saying this . it's a new  notebook its very upsetting that this happen. I hope someone can help me in this problem ? / kind regards  Joanna 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-new-Pavilion-notebook/td-p/5784770
Relevancy 52.03%

System Diasabled   93323264 . Do not know how to reset.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Hp Pavilion Notebook

Enter: 22081860 Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,K N R K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Hp-Pavilion-Notebook/td-p/5674764
Relevancy 52.03%

I have not been able to get my USB flash drives to workMy mouse works so I assume that my bluetooth is workingAnd my tiny fix me stick usb drive works so 3 notebook Re: hp 15 pavilion Usb I assume it would be a USB drive I have installed all HP updates Re: hp pavilion 15 notebook Usb 3 including the recent UEFI where Re: hp pavilion 15 notebook Usb 3 I dont see the option to boot from a USB flash drive well anyways it does not do it anyways not is the drive recognized I have checked every USB driver for updated drivers uninstalled and reinstalled drivers checked HP Windows update and nbsp the original manufacturer for updated driversI have checked the power on the hub as recommended on one HP article and did get a devmgr xml missing error out of thatI ran sfc scannow assume the slash is in there my keyboard has went french on meBy the way my friend as the identical model of computer and all the same identical problems and missing files are happening on her computerThe only difference is that I am in the insiders program and her computer is on the regular Windows build which we have not had problems with till this and I am beginning to wonder whether it has to do with the UEFI recent updates question mark nbsp nbsp

A:Re: hp pavilion 15 notebook Usb 3

Hi, It is great to upgrade system to Windows 10, but in the same time, series of issues occur, like the USB device issue. After upgrading the system to Windows 10, you find that your USB device cannot connect to your PC. You may need to plug your external devices like MP3, pen drive, printer, etc. to your computer through the USB ports. So it is very inconvenient that the USB ports don?t work properly. Solutions below may help you fix the USB port issue. Since your USB device works properly before you upgrade the system, the problem most probably is not caused by the USB device. But you can also plug the USB device to another computer. If it unfortunately doesn?t work, you can consider replacing the device. Following are the solutions to figure out the problem. Solution 1: Check if the problem is caused by power supply issue 1. Unplug the power supply and charger plug from your PC.2. Restart your PC. Connect your USB device to the PC again. Then you can plug the power supply.Solution 2:The Power Management would also be the cause of the USB problems. Windows is set to shut down your USB controller to save power by default, sometimes it won?t be able to power it back up. So try following steps to prevent Windows from ?managing? power to your USB controller or the devices.1. Open Device Manager.2. Expand the Universal Serial Bus controllers branch.3. Double-click the USB Root Hub device, and click the Power Management tab. (if there?s more than one USB Root Hub device, repeat these steps for each one.)4. Turn off the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power option, and clickOK button. Solution 3: Go to Device Manager to check for the driver statusThe problem most probably is caused by driver issues. Drivers may not be updated to work with Windows 10. If that?s the case, you can resolve the problem by updating the drivers. 1. In Device Manager, expand Other devices and Universal Serial Bus controllers.2. If you see drivers with yellow mark under these two categories. You need to update the drivers. You can update the drivers manually.Alternatively, you can use a driver update tool to help update drivers automatically. Driver Easy is one of driver update tools online. After you install Driver Easy, use it to scan your computer to detect all problem drivers. If there is problem with the USB driver, Driver Easy will detect it and recommend the new driver. With Driver Easy, the USB issue can be resolved easily. Driver Easy has Free version and Paid version. You can use the Free version to download new drivers, but you are required to use the downloaded driver files to install the drivers manually step by step. And the download speed is limited. To save more time, you can use the Paid version. With Paid version, all drivers will be updated automatically. More over, you can enjoy free technical support guarantee. If you use the Paid version to try resolving the problem but the problem persists, you can contact us for further assistance. Paid version offers 30-day money back guarantee. You can ask for a full refund if you want within the guarantee period.If the problem cannot be resolved, the USB ports might be damaged. You may need to replace the damaged ports. If the solutions above do not work for you, you can take your PC to the repair store to have it fixed, as the problem might be caused by hardware issues.

Although I work for HP Inc -The views and opinions I post here are of my own.If my post helped you out, give me the Thumbs up, i deserve #HPExpertDay

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Re-hp-pavilion-15-notebook-Usb-3/td-p/5620675
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi everyone,Can anyone help me in identifying the problem with my HP Pavilion Laptop. All of the sudden my HP Pavilion Laptop Display (model-15-n219sa) stopped working with black & white line on the display. I can project the display on the TV screen with the help of HDMI interface but nothing on the laptop display apart from black & white lines. Can anyone guess what will be the problem. I checked the display panel cable / connector found everything intact.Regards,Dinesh

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Pavilion-Notebook/td-p/5736925
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello Guys

I recently changed my motherborad , and I have a new Graphics card and new processeur ,
Graphics Card :
-AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250
-AMD Radeon HD 6470M
I used every way to update the graphics card , sometimes it appears the blue screen , and then the drivers never up to date , help me as soon please

Computer : HP pavilion g6 Notebook PC
System : Windows 7 64 bits

this is an image from my computer
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/618x354q90/687/l9s.png

A:HP pavilion g6 Notebook PC

Have you worked on or repaired many laptops? English is not your first language?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-g6-notebook-pc.199831/
Relevancy 52.03%

My stepson has an HP Pavilion dv1000 notebook. The power supply gets extremely hot and seems to be melting the tip to the plug where it connects to the notebook. Does this seem to be a problem with the notebook or only with the power supply. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

A:HP Pavilion notebook

wow that is pretty hot... does it always run that hot, or does it only run that hot when he's gaming, or watching a movie? could just be a demanding laptop, but then again you could take it to a PC specialist (comp usa or local computer shop) and get the powersupply checked out. dang if it's melting the tip thats pretty hot... My dad's apple powerbook gets up to 75 degrees celcius when he's just surfing the web and stuff, so hot you have to take it off your legs if you don't want to burn yourself. so get it checked out, might just be a demanding laptop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-notebook.497084/
Relevancy 52.03%

Why does my new machine upgrade for 10 minutes each time I open it?What do I do to speed up the process of the getting to the web or waiting to open up a program?I have to tap the mouse nurous times to get it to respond. I called customer service and they wanted to charge me one hundred dollars o help me. 

Relevancy 52.03%

How do i Screenshot? I just got this computer and i dont know how to screenshot??? and by the way messenger doesnt let me make video calls or normal calls?????

A:Pavilion Notebook Hp Pc

@Beidy? Please use your other post:         http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/my-computer-doesnt-screenshot-i-... Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Pavilion-Notebook-Hp-Pc/td-p/5743881
Relevancy 51.6%

My HP Pavilion Notebook  Product No:  P1A79UA#ABA  On Windows 10 keeps hibernating for no apparent reason.  This has happened since I bought the laptop new about 10 months ago.  Today it happened about 15 times (sometimes it will go weeks at a time without happening).  This occurs while I'm actively working on the computer (e.g. actively typing or browsing), not just when the computer is idle.I use the HP recommended power settings and have the advanced setting of Hibernate set to Never.Any help would be great.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/hp-pavilion-notebook-keeps-hibernating/td-p/5849329
Relevancy 51.6%

when i am giving the print on notebook there is an error that there is error in printing please help me in this and i want to that SM Bus controller Driver on my notebook is instale it show it was unable to instale  on the system and said do it from websit so kindly help me . Model- HP pavilion g4 notebook pc and chip type: ATI display adapter (0x9648)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/SM-bus-controller-for-hp-pavilion-go-notebook-PC/td-p/5708090
Relevancy 51.6%

My spouses laptop which had not G7-2373CA pavilion notebook HP been used HP pavilion G7-2373CA notebook in months on plugging it into my router modem was working fine updated Norton still worked okay then windows updates came down plus optional updates were installed after doing a restart I found the mouse would not work and One note kept popping up and the notebook kept freezing up nbsp I finally tried to resyore to an earlier date no difference then I tried a refresh but that failed with an error message no idea what it said it flashed on and off so fast I did not have a chance to read it nbsp Now I am doing a recovery using the HP recovery discs it just prompted me to insert disc on the instruction sheet sent with the discs it says to press F but it seems that did not work so tried F and that worked nbsp I have never been able to set him up with his own Microsoft account password it always rejects it or changes mine phone Microsoft many time about this but no help If anyone can let me know what is going on with this laptop let me know I cannot use it without the mouse although my spouse can but it should work Inserted disc and pressed enter but a long list of messages appeared about no bootable device so now I am really stuck please help it was windows and the updates were windows

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-pavilion-G7-2373CA-notebook/td-p/5639263
Relevancy 51.6%

Trying to find out if the HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab247cl has an internal battery and what it would mean if and when the battery fails.  Or if it is a replacable battery without sending it in to replace. Thank You

A:HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab247cl

crabman198 Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!All laptops have internal CMOS batteries as they are needed to retain the CMOS settings when the laptop is shut down. This is the link to the Maintenance and Service manual for your PC: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04642845 On page 54, it shows the steps for accessing and removing the battery. If you remove the battery, that will reset the CMOS settings -- but you can easily change them once the battery is replaced and you restart the laptop.Good Luck

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/HP-Pavilion-Notebook-15-ab247cl/td-p/5732180
Relevancy 51.6%

when i am giving the print on notebook there is an error that there is error in printing please help me in this and i want to that SM Bus controller Driver on my notebook is instale it show it was unable to instale  on the system and said do it from websit so kindly help me . Model- HP pavilion g4 notebook pc and chip type: ATI display adapter (0x9648)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/SM-bus-controller-for-hp-pavilion-go-notebook-PC/td-p/5708090
Relevancy 51.6%
A:how to reboot Hp pavilion dv6 notebook pc

Hi there @mada7519,  I would like to welcome you to the HP Support Community where you can ask questions, find solutions and get help with the issues you experience. If my reply resolves your issue or answer your question(s),  please let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button. I am unsure what exactly it is that you are looking for help with. You had said that you want to know how to reboot your HP Pavilion DV6 Notebook PC and had provided me with your BIOS version.  Could you please re-post with a detailed description of what the issue is that you are experiencing and how I may help you? And also, could you please provide me with your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?).  Looking forward to hearing from you!Thanks! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/how-to-reboot-Hp-pavilion-dv6-notebook-pc/td-p/5595577
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello I seem to be having quite the issue with this laptop apparently many others have this issue as well I'm trying to get it working for a friend nbsp name nbsp HP Pavilion dv Notebook PCnumber nbsp QA UA ABAOS nbsp Windows Home Premium -bit Service Pack nbsp First thing I noticed was that there were zero Windows Updates installed and zero Restore points created Nothing needed to be backed up file-wise went to install Windows and realized that it isn't free anymore so scratch that idea nbsp No audio - Audio Pavilion dv7 Notebook No has been able to play through the speakers through Windows Pavilion dv7 Notebook - No Audio though when I launched the HP BIOS Hardware Pavilion dv7 Notebook - No Audio Diagnostic Tool I was able to hardware test the speakers and they played audio passed multiple tests nbsp I've troubleshot every possibility I could think of that could cause something like this nbsp Installed new audio drivers update restarted no sound nbsp Installed some Windows Updates No sound nbsp Installed chipset utility MEI driver graphics driver and display audio drivers Restarted no sound still nbsp Installed HP BIOS updates and HP BIOS EUFI updates restarted still no sound nbsp Installed more Windows Updates No sound nbsp Rolled back audio drivers restarted no sound nbsp Installed older recommended audio drivers restarted no audio still nbsp Installed HP Hardware Diagnostic Tool was able to get audio to play through speakers during a hardware test in BIOS nbsp --------------------- nbsp That lead me to believe the failure is possibly being caused by software nbsp Uninstalled audio drivers restarted Device Manager Wizard then installed drivers upon logging in Restarted again no sound nbsp Installed most recent audio drivers restarted no sound nbsp Cleaned registry using CCleaner nbsp Installed more Windows Updates restarted no sound nbsp Performed a hard reset still no sound is coming through the speakers when I turn the laptop on nbsp -------------------- nbsp I give up on troubleshooting for now but I would like to figure out why the audio isn't playing through the speakers nbsp If anyone has any suggestions or can offer me any help I would greatly appreciate it nbsp Thank you nbsp nbsp - cT nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Pavilion-dv7-Notebook-No-Audio/td-p/5750949
Relevancy 51.6%

My spouses laptop which had not been used in months on plugging it into notebook pavilion G7-2373CA HP my router modem was working fine updated Norton still worked okay then windows HP pavilion G7-2373CA notebook updates came down plus optional updates were installed after doing a restart I found the mouse would not work and One note kept popping up and the notebook kept freezing up nbsp I finally tried to resyore to an earlier date no difference then I tried a refresh HP pavilion G7-2373CA notebook but that failed with HP pavilion G7-2373CA notebook an error message no idea what it said it flashed on and off so fast I did not have a chance to read it nbsp Now I am doing a recovery using the HP recovery discs it just prompted me to insert disc on the instruction sheet sent with the discs it says to press F but it seems that did not work so tried F and that worked nbsp I have never been able to set him up with his own Microsoft account password it always rejects it or changes mine phone Microsoft many time about this but no help If anyone can let me know what is going on with this laptop let me know I cannot use it without the mouse although my spouse can but it should work Inserted disc and pressed enter but a long list of messages appeared about no bootable device so now I am really stuck please help it was windows and the updates were windows

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-pavilion-G7-2373CA-notebook/td-p/5639264
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,I have ongoing issues with my HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-P287SA, Windows 10.  Yesterday it would not boot, instead it flashed the caps-lock LED at me once which I beleive is a CPU issue. I did a hard reset on it (took the battery out ect.) and it booted and worked normally all day. This moring it again won't boot again but this time it beeps twice, waits a few seconds and then beeps twice again, five tinmes in total, and then it flashes the caps-lock LED twice, waits, and then twice again. It won't boot at all, even after a hard reset.  What does the beeping mean, what is the problem here?   

A:HP Pavilion Notebook 15 won't boot

Hi @jonstarbuck, Welcome to the HP Forum! It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.  I understand that when you boot your notebook, you see the LEDs flashing twice,pause and then repeats. Here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting LED Blink Codes or Beep Codes During Startup or Boot. You will note that two beeps indicate a corrupted BIOS. Here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Restoring the BIOS to aid with resolving this difficulty. Please keep me apprised of your progress.  To express appreciation for my post please click the ?Thumbs Up Icon?.  If my post resolves the issue you are experiencing, please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find what worked for you!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Pavilion-Notebook-15-won-t-boot/td-p/5762376
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello everyone,For some time my pavilion dv6 notebook (model: XE052EA), very hot. The average temperature is about 85 ° centigrade. I removed all the dust but the problem remains the same.Can you recommend a solution?Thank you allbest regardswalker

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/overheating-notebook-pavilion-dv6/td-p/5786851
Relevancy 51.6%

My HP Pavilion dv7-1014ca Entertainment Notebook is running incredibly hot. The fan is on pretty much all the time. The BIOS is fully updated and I've vaccumed the vents and the fan. I keep my laptop on hard, flat surfaces, and yet at times it's almost too hot to touch. the entire bottom section of the notebook will be remarkably hot. Any idea what the problem could be? I've also had moments when my notebook shuts down without any warning for seemingly no reason. Could it be overheating?

A:HP Pavilion dv7 notebook running way too hot

that's because are not good....I have the same problem with my 2 (TWO) HP pavilions....nobody could explain why, not in England, not in Italy....when became too hot they shutdown....I swore t not buy HP anymore.... 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-dv7-notebook-running-way-too-hot/td-p/286340
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi @ all.I am having problems with my PC. It is no longer charging. When I plug the charging line (the charging wire and adaptor) it is not charging. The orange charging light by the charging port is not coming up. But when I am about to plug in the charger, it makes some sound to show that the charger is good and working well. But if I put on the system, it will come up but the charger and the adaptor is not charging the PC.I have removed the battery and held down the power button for about a minute and it still did not work.Please help. What can I do

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/hp-pavilion-15-notebook-pc-not-charging/td-p/5657107
Relevancy 51.6%

hello guys,

i need your help this time to figure out the problem of my wife's laptop, anyway i upload the 2 dump file. her laptop is newly bought an HP pavilion g6 notebook PC, i cant actually figure out the problem this time because she was on another country.. thanks

Attachment 229993

A:(BSOD)HP pavilion g6 notebook PC

Welcome
You dmps are showing code 116, and that can be a problem as small as a driver, but can be hardware, such as memory or worse
atikmpag.sys
You can update the driver.
If it is anything else it is most likely hardware related. Since it is new, you may want to exercise the Warranty. I know from past experience, too many changes will void the warranty.
Atikmpag.sys file descriptionProductname:AMD driver Description:AMD multi-vendor Miniport Driver Company:Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/251012-bsod-hp-pavilion-g6-notebook-pc.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Does anyone on the forum have this particular laptop working under Windows 7 (on HP's site, it shows that the only supported OS are XP/2000/Vista (32/64 bit)?

The machine can support a max of 2GB of ram, and is a dual core 1.8Ghz processor.

I will have the laptop in my hands tomorrow to examine in depth...

A:HP Pavilion tx1120us Notebook PC

That likely means those sre the OSes that HP supports. They may not have shipped this model with Win 7, hence no support. The spec you list are ok for 32 bit and nominal for 64 bit. This tool can help if you download on the PC in question: Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor - Download - Microsoft Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/179953-hp-pavilion-tx1120us-notebook-pc.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I just purchased this notebook earlier this year and I'm disappointed to say that it is already no longer holding a charge unless connected to a power source. The charging icon also continues to stay in the same spot even after hours of charging. I'm not sure if a new battery would resolve this or not. Let me know what you think the best solution is! Thanks!! Katie

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Pavilion-17-1226NR-Notebook/td-p/5621032
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello I am a student going into my first year at University I have had my HP Pavilion Notebook apart HP 15 falling Pavilion PC Notebook PC for two years and slowly it has started falling apart nbsp I take pride in looking after my things phones ipods e c t but this laptop has seriously upset me I used to have a laptop before this and it lasted for over years The corners on the HP Pavilion Notebook PC started to come undone and I used some tape to ease the weight when closing the lid but suddenly the two clips holding each joint came out and refuse to go back in and one of the hinges came out completely causing the laptop to be tilted and unable to close nbsp I am extremely upset that this laptop is this fragile I did some research and noticed that I'm not the only one with this issue and its seems to be common I have seriously cannot afford to purchase a new laptop as I need to buy lots of books for University and also need a laptop to study

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-PC-falling-apart/td-p/5767624
Relevancy 51.6%

Have HP Pavilion 15t-n200 notebook. Using Win7-64 bit. How do I access the webcam and use it?

A:Have HP Pavilion 15t notebook. Using Win7-64 bit. How do I a...

Hi, Please check the following article:     http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02452221 Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Have-HP-Pavilion-15t-notebook-Using-Win7-64-bit-How-do-I/td-p/5739660
Relevancy 51.6%

nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp los... P.C. Pavilion W-10 upgraded t to Hp v d Notebook 6 W-7, nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Hp Pavilion d v 6 t Notebook P.C. upgraded W-7, to W-10 los... nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp After upgrade from w- to w- system restore recovery and f- refresh vanished along with the gbrecovery partition which became unallocated space and then vanished altogether reinstalled switched back to w- how can I FIX nbsp nbsp REPARE RESTORE MY nbsp RECOVERY DRIVE nbsp FACT GB's of my hard drive perhaps contain or w- ops help me restore my laptop to original factory condition THANK YOU nbsp

A:Hp Pavilion d v 6 t Notebook P.C. upgraded W-7, to W-10 los...

Windows 10 upgrade very often messes up f11, recovery partition,etc. Once done only way to get back to Factory setup is booting from Recovery Media-either USB or DVD. Did you make your Recovery Media before upgrading?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hp-Pavilion-d-v-6-t-Notebook-P-C-upgraded-W-7-to-W-10-lost/td-p/5846555
Relevancy 51.6%

Can you guys help me i need to for XP drivers for a HP Pavilion dv6747nr Notebook PC, But i can only find drivers for Vista. O.O its driving me crazy !!!

I will give many many thanks if you can help me

A:HP Pavilion dv6747nr Notebook PC

Did it originally have Vista on it and you installed XP?

Anyways, here they are:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...652822&lang=en

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hp-pavilion-dv6747nr-notebook-pc-252487.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I need the drivers for the follwing ids  PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0116&SUBSYS_1670103C&REV_09PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0116&SUBSYS_1670103CPCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0116&CC_030000PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0116&CC_0300

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Pavilion-g6-1035ex-Notebook-PC/td-p/5689679