Windows Support Forum

Windows could not start the Firewall service on Local Computer. Error 1068:

Q: Windows could not start the Firewall service on Local Computer. Error 1068:

I have attempted to uninstall/reinstall McAfee antiVirus.  I have found that Windows Firewall service is set to automatic but will not start, giving the error in the topic.  I also find attempting to start IPsec Policy Agent manually fails as well.  I apologize as I'm not sure what to run in order to create logs needed for assistance.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows could not start the Firewall service on Local Computer. Error 1068:

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows could not start the Firewall service on Local Computer. Error 1068:

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop.* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.* Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtDownload Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log-xxxxx.txt and system-log.txt Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.Do not reboot until instructed.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill log.Post it in your next reply.NOTE. rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.NOTE Do NOT wrap your logs in "quote" or "code" brackets.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501900/windows-could-not-start-the-firewall-service-on-local-computer-error-1068/
Relevancy 93.93%

Printer Problems in Windows XP sp3
Dell Personal Printer all in one A940
After trying to speed up an older computer running Windows XP
I may have cut off the Print Spooler (or it was already off ?)
I went back to Services dialog box & selected Print Spooler
I clicked the "Start" link at left of service list & got a message tgat said
"could not start print spooler service on local computer error 1068 The dependency service or group failed to start."
Printer is still not working can anyone help?

A:Could not start print spooler service on local computer error 1068

On Win/7 the dependencies are

HTTP

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
DCOM Server Process Launcher
RPC Endpoint Mapper
Manually start each on and set to AUTOSTART as you go.
If one fails, then that is the root problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/could-not-start-print-spooler-service-on-local-computer-error-1068.206839/
Relevancy 88.66%

Somebody Please help. I have been trying to get my windows firewall working and have spent hours searching forums. I came across a thread that describes exactly what is happening with my machine. Windows Firewall Authorization Driver - not present, not working, etc. I really dont want to format this machine. I have gotten as far as running 317 security check

Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.24
Windows 7 x64 (UAC is disabled!)
Internet Explorer 9
``````````````````````````````
Antivirus/Firewall Check:
Windows Security Center service is not running! This report may not be accurate!
McAfee Security Scan Plus
WMI entry may not exist for antivirus; attempting automatic update.
```````````````````````````````
Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:
Java(TM) 6 Update 31
Mozilla Firefox (x86 en-US..)
[b]````````````````````````````````
Process Check:

A:Windows Firewall Service wont start error 1068 win secur svc missing

Jremmie,
First get that junk off of your computer!

Then:
1. Install MSE (link in my signature and use only that link!)

2. 2nd run WDO (once again link in my signature).

After doing those two things are posting the zip file that I'm going to request, come back. I will answer no questions until these two tasks have been complested.

HOW TO USE WINDOWS DEFENDER OFFLINE ON A USB STICK
Windows Defender Offline
? is a free standalone, bootable malware and virus remover from Microsoft.
? performs an offline scan of an infected PC to remove viruses, rootkits and other advanced malware.

Download Windows Defender Offline (about 764 kB)

You will have the choice of downloading the 32bit version (x86) or the 64 bit version (x64).
The link will help you determine whether you are running a 32 bit version or 64 bit version of Windows

NOTE!! You can download and prepare a 32 bit version using a 64 bit version of Windows
NOTE!! You can download and prepare a 64 bit version using a 32bit version of Windows.

You run the 32 bit version on a 32 bit version of Windows.
You run the 64 bit version on a 64 bit version of Windows.

The 32 bit download file name is: mssstool32.exe
The 64 bit download file name is: mssstool64.exe

For the curious, this program was originally name Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper.

INSTALLATION:
You will need an Internet Connection.
Insert 512 mB (Microsoft’s 256 mB is no longer accurate) or larger USB stick into a usb port.
Run the downloaded program--mssstool64.exe or mssstool32.exe
NEXT button
Choose the option On a USB flash drive that is not password protected
NEXT button
NEXT button
The install program will format the usb stick using the NTFS format.
The install program will download about 210 mB.
The install program will name the USB stick WDO_Media32 or WDO_Media64
The WDO_Media32 usb stick will have used space of 255 mB (268,140,544 bytes)
The WDO_Media64 usb stick will have used space of 282 mB (296,165,376 bytes)
You can expect the number of mB to increase as more malware appears.

UPDATE Windows Defender Offline USB stick:
? reinsert the usb stick
? run the installation program, mssstool64.exe or mssstool32.exe, again.
? the update will download about 66 mB (mssstool32.exe) and 68 mB (mssstool64.exe).

Since the malware database is sometimes updated several times in a day, always update before running.

PERFORM AN OFFLINE SCAN
Bootup your computer from the USB stick
Windows Defender Offline will automatically perform a quick scan.
After the quick scan finishes, Choose Full Scan
Select all of your drives

The initial, full scan can easily take several hours, but
Remember, your computer is being very thoroughly checked for all types of malware.

RESULTS OF THE SCAN
The results will be in 4 log files on your computer's disk in:
\Windows\Microsoft Antimalware\Support

==========================================
=========================================+

# **********************INSTRUCTIONS**************************
# STEP 1 ** RUN POWERSHELL AS ADMINISTRATOR ******************
# ************************************************************
#
# WIN key | type POWERSHELL | do NOT hit ENTER |
# in the PROGRAMS list, right-click on WINDOWS POWERSHELL |
# choose "Run as administrator" |
# Click on the YES button (if such appears)
#
# WIN key = key with Microsoft log on top
#
# for the guru:
# WIN | type POWERSHELL | CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER key combo | ALT+Y keycombo
# STEP 2 ** COPY AND PASTE ***********************************
#
# COPY the script using CTRL+C,
# COPY every line of script down thru both EXIT statements
#
# PASTE into Powershell
#----Right-Click at the PowerShell Prompt
#----(Ctrl+V does not wo... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/240984-windows-firewall-service-wont-start-error-1068-win-secur-svc-missing.html
Relevancy 85.87%

After running windows in safe mode to test something my firewall stopped working. I need some help since i could not find anything related to this issue on Win10. When i try to initialize windows Firewall service i get the message error 1068 and when i try to run it through Control Painel i get another message error with the code 0x8007042c.
Anyone know what can be causing that? If you need, i can provide more information about the issue. Btw there is aN event log saved on my pc everytime i start windows (ID 7001)

i also cannot run SFC /scannow anymore.. this is getting annoying.

A:ERROR 1068: Cannot start Firewall service

The firewall service could be turned off/stopped - check this by searching for 'services' in the search bar. If the Windows firewall service is stopped, try and start it or if it is already running, try restarting it.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38541-error-1068-cannot-start-firewall-service.html
Relevancy 109.65%

Okay, I have been having issues with my network etc. for a long time now and I fixed it, but during that adventure I found that Windows Firewall isn't working right. The exact issue is when I try to go in and start the service manually I get "Error 1068: The dependancy service or group failed to start." I know I have the required services runnung except the Internet Connection Sharing service which gives me the same error. I have tried reseting winsock and all that other stuff but it just dosn't work.

Thanks in advance.

A:Error 1068 when starting Windows Firewall Service

Welcome to the forum
Did you try to see the solution :

Unable to start Windows Firewall
Good luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/226152-error-1068-when-starting-windows-firewall-service.html
Relevancy 108.79%

My windows sec service center is not working and I already followed numerous advices from different websites but the error still there and keeps on prompting everytime I tried to enable the windows security service center Perhaps my laptop was infected by a virus malware not sure I think my brother did something downloading etc and got my laptop infected Please help below is my DDS as per the instruction DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by John Vasquez at on - - Running Processes C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared HPDrvMntSvc exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Hotkey Support HPHotkeyMonitor exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Management Engine Components DAL jhi service exe C Program Files x HTC Internet Pass-Through PassThruSvr exe C Program Files x Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Bin ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x TeamViewer start dependency error Error group 1068:1068 service failed Version TeamViewer Service exe C Program Files Altiris Altiris Agent x AeXNSAgentHostSurrogate exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe C Program Files x Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Bin ccSvcHst exe Error 1068:1068 error dependency service group failed start C Program Files x Intel Intel R USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray exe C Error 1068:1068 error dependency service group failed start Windows SysWOW RunDll exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C PROGRA MICROS Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software Bluetooth Headset Helper exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office EXCEL EXE C Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer exe C Program Files x TeamViewer Version tv w exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www symantec com enterprise security response index jsp inid biz SR sep V MR uWindow Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Intertek uSearch Bar hxxp www google com uDefault Page URL hxxps intranet intertek com mStart Page hxxp en v com utm source b amp utm medium bnd amp from bnd amp uid HitachiXHTS A E TF Y KJNUYCKJNUYCX amp ts mDefault Page URL hxxp en v com utm source b amp utm medium bnd amp from bnd amp uid HitachiXHTS A E TF Y KJNUYCKJNUYCX amp ts mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO Symantec Vulnerability Protection D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Bin IPS IPSBHO dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll BHO Adobe Acrobat Create PDF Helper AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat WCIEActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll BHO Office Document Cache Handler B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office URLREDIR DLL BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO Adobe Acrobat Create PDF from Selection F EE -DAA - - - D EE A - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat WCIEActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll TB Adobe Acrobat Create PDF Toolbar -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat WCIEActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll uRun BrowserChoice lt no file gt uRunOnce Adobe Speed Launcher mRun USB MON quot C Program Files x Intel Intel R USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe quot mRun IAStorIcon C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIconLaunch exe quot C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe quot mRun QLBController C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Hotkey Support QLBController exe start mRun Adobe ARM quot C P... Read more

A:Error 1068:1068 error dependency service group failed start

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

If you haven't already, please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

The intention of this forum is not to replace a company's IT department, nor can we anticipate alterations or configurations that may have been made to a business machine, or how it will interact with the tools commonly used in the removal of malware. Administrator access is required for control of security applications.

More than one machine could be at stake, possibly even the server. If sensitive material has been compromised by an infection, the company could be held liable.

To prevent any possible loss or corruption of company information, please inform your IT department or Supervisor when a workplace computer has been infected, immediately.

If you do not wish to proceed, stop here and let us know.

Please download AdwCleaner from here and save it to your desktop.Do NOT click the green 'Download' button(if visible).
Click the blue 'Download now @bleepingcomputer' button.
Run AdwCleaner and select Scan
Once the Scan is done, select Clean
Once done it will ask to reboot, please allow the reboot.
On reboot, a log will be produced. It can also be found at C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S#].txt
Please copy/paste the contents of the log in your next reply.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.Double-click FRST64 to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.
Make sure the Addition.txt button is ticked.
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

Please download Farbar Service Scanner and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the Internet Services option remains checked.
Check all the other boxes.
Click Scan.
It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
Please copy and paste the log in your next reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/error-1068-1068-error-dependency-service-group-failed-start-958561.html
Relevancy 102.34%

Mod Edit Moved from Win to the Am I Infected forum boopmeI randomly decided to look at McAfee and check my settings etc When looking at the main screen everything states its on and green I had the most current definitions loaded When I checked my McAfee firewall it stated on When I clicked to go into the McAfee firewall the screen then changed and said it was off When clicking the Turn On button start and Windows Error Firewall 0x8007042c Code Error - not 1068 Can it would immediately shut off I searched this issue and the blogs stated to look at the Windows Firewall under Services When I checked it was not there I did a Windows Search for it and found it When it opens it gives tells me I Can not start Windows Firewall - Error Code 0x8007042c and Error 1068 need to Update the Firewall Settings When I click on Use Recommended Settings it gives me an error Windows Firewall can't change some of your settings Error Code x c I've checked out some of the blog discussions and followed a few thread Can not start Windows Firewall - Error Code 0x8007042c and Error 1068 about creating new register bat files and running them I've also tried merging some dll files also per the bloggers After doing these actions the Windows Firewall now appears in my Services but when I click to start it I get the error Windows could not start the Windows Firewall Service on Local Computer Error The dependency service or group failed to start

A:Can not start Windows Firewall - Error Code 0x8007042c and Error 1068

McAfee has verified I have a virus.  Will post in the Virus Forum.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498566/can-not-start-windows-firewall-error-code-0x8007042c-and-error-1068/
Relevancy 98.47%

I am attempting to the load the software for a Canon Mx850 printer to my Lenovo PC with Windows Vista.

I get the message Print Spooler Service has been stopped. I have checked in the services area and it is set to automatic. When I attempt to start it. I get the following Error: 1068 dependency service or group failed to start.

I have gone to the command prompt and typed the following: sc config spooler depend= RPCSS however I get message access denied. I am set as the system administrator. Not sure what to do at this point. Very frustrating. Printer works fine when connected to laptop. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

A:Print Spooler Service stopped Error 1068 dependency service or group failed to start

Double click on the Print Spooler service to open its Properties. On the Dependencies tab see upon what it depends, and trace back to see if the cause/fix can be determined. Caveat: no guarantee this will work any better than your command attempt.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/print-spooler-service-stopped-error-1068-dependency-service-or-group-failed-to-start.915710/
Relevancy 98.04%

I try to start windows firewall and i get this error message.

A:Windows could not start windows firewall on local computer error code 5

Merged topics.  Title was: Sound, Audio Ads Running on Desktop ~ OB I get random virus audio ads running on my laptop. How do i get rid of them?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536481/windows-could-not-start-windows-firewall-on-local-computer-error-code-5/
Relevancy 98.04%

Hi !
I recently have this problem on the services,when i try to Start the service he give me this error "Windows could not start the "service name" service on Local Computer Error 129 0x89" i search on google but i don't find this error,so
i think it will be good when i ask the Microsoft Comunity . I need help ! Sorry for my bad english !
         Thanks !

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/91c47c43-879c-4e37-a3c5-52cc8550f8f1/windows-could-not-start-the-quotservice-namequot-service-on-local-computer-error-129-0x89?forum=itprovistahardware
Relevancy 94.17%

Starting yesterday I haven't been able to connect to my network via Ethernet I'm using the onboard network Error DHCP Start Service Won't - Client 1068 adapter from my ASUS M N -SLI Deluxe mobo and Vista Ultimate Bit Under device manager my network adapter is NVIDIA nforce Mbps Ethernet That's a generic name I checked my mobo specs and it's specifically a NVIDIA nForce SLI MCP I have the latest driver which is My router is a Linksys WRT GSv I want to use a dynamic address I have a static IP set up on my wireless and that's working fine right now But I can't connect using either of my Ethernet ports I've switched ports on my router DHCP Client Service Won't Start - Error 1068 but my connects no problem so I don't think it's the router Under network connections my Local Area Connection is stuck on quot Identifying quot If I double click it and click details I have no DHCP Client Service Won't Start - Error 1068 default gateway Belarc Advisor tells me DHCP Server none responded I've been researching the problem as much as I can So my DHCP Client Service Won't Start I get Error Which is the dependency services or group failed to start The dependencies I have for the DHCP Client Service are Ancillary Function Driver for Winsock NetIO Legacy TDI Support Driver gt TCP IP Protocal Driver Network Store Interface Service gt NSI proxy service Under services I can see that Network Store Interface Service is running I ftyped net start AFD on cmd I was told that the service is already running So that leaves TCP IP but I am able to ping so I don't know what the problem could be here

A:DHCP Client Service Won't Start - Error 1068

Originally Posted by Tyler1986

Starting yesterday I haven't been able to connect to my network via Ethernet.

I'm using the onboard network adapter from my ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe mobo and Vista Ultimate 64 Bit. Under device manager my network adapter is NVIDIA nforce 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet. That's a generic name, I checked my mobo specs and it's specifically a NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI MCP. I have the latest driver which is 67.8.9.0. My router is a Linksys WRT54GSv4.

I want to use a dynamic address, I have a static IP set up on my wireless and that's working fine right now. But I can't connect using either of my Ethernet ports. I've switched ports on my router, but my 360 connects no problem so I don't think it's the router.

Under network connections my Local Area Connection is stuck on "Identifying..." If I double click it and click details I have no default gateway. Belarc Advisor tells me DHCP Server: none responded.

I've been researching the problem as much as I can. So my DHCP Client Service Won't Start, I get Error 1068 Which is the dependency services or group failed to start. The dependencies I have for the DHCP Client Service are

Ancillary Function Driver for Winsock
NetIO Legacy TDI Support Driver > TCP/IP Protocal Driver
Network Store Interface Service> NSI proxy service

Under services I can see that Network Store Interface Service is running. I ftyped net start AFD on cmd I was told that the service is already running. So that leaves TCP/IP, but I am able to ping 127.0.01 so I don't know what the problem could be here.

Hi,

1. Type netsh winsock reset catalog in elevated command prompt and press enter.
2. Once the command finished her work restart your system and try to start the service

Let me know the result

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/238665-dhcp-client-service-wont-start-error-1068-a.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Hi,

I have Windows XP SP3 installed on my desktop and suddenly my LAN/NIC is not receiving and sending packets from my network. The DHCP Client Services and TcpIP services wont start it gives error from the above.

From the device manager of non-plug and play drivers, the tcpip protocol driver, ip network address translator and netbios over tcpip has exclamation point. When I uninstall the drivers and start the services the connection is established but when I shutdown/restart the PC it will came back again the issue.

AFD is running

Below drivers are present in system32\drivers folder.

afd.sys
tcpip.sys
netbt.sys
Any ideas?

A:DHCP Client Service Won't Start - Error 1068

Hello,

I update the system and the LAN driver but still the issue exist.

I copy the netbt.sys from a working machine and paste that to the non-working machine. Same problem.

Is there other way resolving this issue aside from repairing or fresh install of the OS?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dhcp-client-service-wont-start-error-1068.197233/
Relevancy 93.31%

i am getting this error when i try to install a printer -Error 1068 the dependency service or group failed to start with some searching i have come up with that it has something to do with lexbce server but when i try to start this i get an error 3 message the system cant find the path specified does anyone know how to fix this thanks for your help in this matter

A:Error 1068 the dependency service or group failed to start

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-1068-the-dependency-service-or-group-failed-to-start.406866/
Relevancy 93.31%

I saw your posted of this problem but I can't get COMPUTER BROWSER, DHCP, NETWORK CONNECTIONS, NETWORK LOCATION AWARENESS to STARTED STATUS.
Please i really need your help. I tried to right click on each one above then click dependencies and i'm stuck here not sure what to do next..... PLEASE HELP.

A:Error 1068: the dependency service or group failed to start

moved from windows vista forum to network forum

For those services not started/running,
then right click on the service
then from the menu choose properties and now check the dependencies.

for each dependency entry - Check each of one of the dependencies and see which one is preventing the service from running/starting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services - Fabar Service Scanner, free

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.
We would like to see some status information for each of the services on the PC goto

http://www.technibble.com/fabar-service-scanner/

and download the free scanner tool

Theres a Direct link to the program here
http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/farbar/FSS.exe

Now "double click" on the downloaded file to run the scanner , the scanner program will now open

tick all the options. and then click on scan

the scan results will open automatically in a separate window in the notepad program.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

if you have any issues. A log file called FSS.txt will be created in the same directory as the program is run from.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-1068-the-dependency-service-or-group-failed-to-start.1146544/
Relevancy 93.31%

I get cannot start the print spooler service on local computer. I have set the print spooler to automatic and started the remote procedure call manager and set it to automatic but still get error. Please help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-1068-the-dependency-service-or-group-failed-to-start.973511/
Relevancy 93.31%

Alright in the last few weeks this error has happened When I go to control panel-- Security center it sais it is not running and I need to enable it When I go to services msc and try to enable it and my Windows Firewall Internet Connection 1068: Group Error Or Failed The Service Start. Dependency To Sharing ICS it gives me this error Cannot do this action on this local machine Error The dependency service or group failed to start I tryed going to registry making a new key named Security Center and a new DWORD and changing the Error 1068: The Dependency Service Or Group Failed To Start. value to This did not work Then I tryed enabling all the services that needed that one to run Everyone I could enable accept one process which gave me another error Also under ALL my services when I go to Properties-- the th tab quot Dependancies quot It gives me a Win error which might be part of the problem But basically obviously whoever knows how to fix this needs to know alot p I ve been dinking around googling it but no luck Anyways until I get this fixed I dont have my secrutiy center running or a Firewall Windows XP built in firewal which is my main concern becasue I need my firewall So yea Thanks in advance and I ll continue to research this topic Cheers Dane

A:Error 1068: The Dependency Service Or Group Failed To Start.

These 2 services must be running in order for the Security service to run:1) Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service - set this to Automatic2) Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) service - set this to Automatic also.Then, if you still get an error - post back and we'll troubleshoot some more.Just in case, you might want to try a couple of these free, online scans to ensure that nothing has slipped by your protection:http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ - *For Internet Explorer*http://uk.trendmicro-europe.com/consumer/h...call_launch.php - *For Firefox*http://www.kaspersky.com/scanforvirushttp://safety.live.com/site/en-US/default.htmhttp://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default...id=ie&venid=symhttp://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.htmlhttp://www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan.htmhttp://onlinescan.avast.com/http://support.f-secure.com/ols/start.htmlhttp://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/virusinfo/scan.aspxTrojan scans:http://scan.sygatetech.com/pretrojanscan.htmlhttp://www.windowsecurity.com/trojanscan/trojanscan.asp

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/37083/error-1068-the-dependency-service-or-group-failed-to-start/
Relevancy 93.31%

This is my last try for help with this issue I'm going to start at start Base Engine 1068 Filtering not Error service will (BFE) the very beginning and I really Base Filtering Engine (BFE) service will not start Error 1068 hope this site can help me out First off I have a Dell desktop running Windows Home Premium connected to a Brother all in one printer I recently purchased a Dell Laptop running Windows and am trying to share the home group so I can use the printer on my laptop Now I'm not a beginner at this part so it should only take a few minutes to do this right Well obviously I have a problem which is preventing the desktop PC from sharing Open up printer settings and I try to change share options I click apply and get an error code stating it's unable to apply changes to the printer I'm pretty certain I know why it's preventing sharing but I can't seem to fix it The only antivirus software I have on the desktop is McAfee security center with paid subscription Easy way around that is to uninstall Did that reboot still can't start BFE or Windows Firewall Given error when trying to start BFE in Services and of course the firewall won't start without BFE I've ran the scan in command prompt I've scanned for viruses with MULTIPLE programs that were talked about in other forums I've ran registry repairs I've created everyone and gave all access to BFE in regedit I've done everything Base Filtering Engine (BFE) service will not start Error 1068 I can think of and BFE WILL NOT START Can someone please point me to the right direction This is a dang headache just to share a home group with my laptop especially when I don't print THAT much stuff anyway

A:Base Filtering Engine (BFE) service will not start Error 1068

Hello, lets look at these services. Please download Farbar Service Scanner and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/522563/base-filtering-engine-bfe-service-will-not-start-error-1068/
Relevancy 91.59%

Hello 1068: dependency group or service failed to - the Enviroment Buisness Error start. there I am a Systems Engineer trying to find a fix for the error nbsp the dependency service or group failed to start I have looked at all the forums and previous posts with people having similar issues but none of the fixes have Error 1068: the dependency service or group failed to start. - Buisness Enviroment worked Resetting the TCP IP stack has not fixed this issue amp nbsp neither nbsp has system restore My issue has happened on machines and the only nbsp connection nbsp I can find is when you connect Windows nbsp Professional nbsp to a Widows Domain There seems to be little documentation on weather you need to upgrade the domain controllers from to before attempting to add Windows into the domain The corruption seems to start once the machine is on the domain and Windows attempts to install any program or run windows updates which is becoming very frustrating I have created multiple hard drive clones so i can revert back to a working state to aid me when trying to work around this With these Issues outstanding I can not think about upgrading the network from XP amp until these issues are fixed Can someone else let me know if they have had a similar problem when trying to upgrade there nbsp environment nbsp to Windows and server Regards Anton James

A:Error 1068: the dependency service or group failed to start. - Buisness Enviroment

Hi Anton,

Did Windows 7 joined the domain? Have you narrowed down which service failed with error 1068? The error code indicates one service's dependency service or system component
fails to start.

I suggest checking the following services first.

Check service
----------------------
1. Click Start, type Services.msc in Start Search bar, and then press Enter.

2. In the right pane, double-click Microsoft Network Inspection.
3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, click Apply, click Start, and then click OK.

4. Also check the following services.

Function Discovery Resource Publication
Desktop Window Manager Session Manager
Network Connections
Network List Service
Network Location Awareness
Network Store Interface Service
Server
TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper

If you find any service cannot be started with the error, please let me know the service name and error exactly.

In addition, since the issue is related to Server. I also suggest confirming the issue with Server side.

Win Server Forum
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsserver

Best Regards,
NikiPlease remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bb191e46-6c4d-4830-9654-0a040892aca5/error-1068-the-dependency-service-or-group-failed-to-start-buisness-enviroment?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 91.59%

I have an hp laptop running vista business os when trying to start services wlan zero configuration I get an error 1068 service can't be started need help fixing this error

A:vista business edition error 1068 can't start wlan zero configuration service

Try this link http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/solved-error-1068-when-starting-wzc-94273.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/433758/vista-business-edition-error-1068-cant-start-wlan-zero-configuration-service/
Relevancy 89.01%

Hi, I run Xp SP2 32bit;
on 12/27/12 i was victim of a virus, removed succesfully. Anyway still remains a problem, Windows firewall won't start up, Windows says that the problem is that Windows Firewall service / ICS is not running, if i try to run it form services.msc receive error message 1068: unable to start service.
I also tried the procedure advised here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/920074/en-us. But none of these two procedure worked.
BFE service just doesn't appear in the list.
I run FSS diagnostic tool, as advised here: http://www.smartestcomputing.us.com/topic/49542-cant-start-windows-firewall%3B-windows-firewall-service-missing-fix/
and i post here the log: http://wikisend.com/download/605764/FSS.txt .

Thanks.

A:WIndows Firewall Error: 1068

Welcome aboard Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.====================================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Download aswMBR to your desktop.Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it.If you see this question: Would you like to download latest Avast! virus definitions?" say "Yes".Click the "Scan" button to start scan.On completion of the scan click "Save log", save it to your desktop and post in your next reply.NOTE. aswMBR will create MBR.dat file on your desktop. This is a copy of your MBR. Do NOT delete it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/480730/windows-firewall-error-1068/
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi all,

Please help me with this error when I tried to enable my firewall in services.msc.

Steps Done:
-Completely uninstall antivirus
-run chkdsk
-sfc /scannow (fixed some minor issues)
-run malwarebytes and tdsskiller (no errors / no malwares / no virus / no rootkits)
-I am the admin
-run as admin the services.msc

Please see attached image file regarding the error

Thanks.

A:Error 1068: (Enabling Windows Firewall)

Check, if you have Base Filtering Engine service running.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/51447-error-1068-enabling-windows-firewall.html
Relevancy 87.29%

OK let's see what's up Yesterday I woke up and suddenly my wifi wasn't showing any networks and my wifi manager on 'Windows Local not WLAN the could Computer service start autoconfig kept crashing I have a Samsung RV and for the year or so that I've had it there has never been this problem Following instructions I found online I've done just about everything but everytime I try 'Windows could not start the WLAN autoconfig service on Local Computer and start up the autoconfig service in 'services' I get error The dependency service or group failed to start I found this post on this forum wireless service can't start I did all the things mentioned including downloading the reg files again from the link given in the thread but to no avail I even went to the drastic measure of deleting my wifi and lan drives from the network adapters part of Device Manager and downloaded two from the Samsung website The computer is exactly how it was 'Windows could not start the WLAN autoconfig service on Local Computer though my LAN remains intact while wifi is just the same I've run virus scans I've had Avast since November run wise doctor to fix registry and used SuperAntiSpyware to remove any spyware it found Overall I spent almost hours trying to sort this yesterday and I'm at my wit's end Any help would be greatly appreciated Also even though the LAN works from my downloaded drivers is it possible I have the wrong one for my wifi Or are they somewhat interchangeable

A:'Windows could not start the WLAN autoconfig service on Local Computer

Maybe your WiFi card has failed. It can happen.
Does Samsung have a hardware diagnostic program you can run.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/257756-windows-could-not-start-wlan-autoconfig-service-local-computer.html
Relevancy 87.29%

*I am unable to connect to the Internet on wireless home network.
I have carried out the following:

'Click Start, type services.msc, then press Enter.
Scroll down to "WLAN AutoConfig" and right click on it and select Properties. Set it to Automatic and not Disabled, and press the Start button, then click OK.
That should start the service.'

I received the following message:

"Windows could not start Wired AutoConfig Service on local computer.
Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start."

Please help. I am not able to start Internet as a result cannot do any thing.

A:Windows cannot start the WLAN Autoconfig service on local computer

Hi Rmalik and welcome to the forums,

Here is a link that will take you to one of the Microsoft fix it pages. Follow the instructions and it should get you fixed up.

"Error 1068" Error Message When You Try to Turn On Internet Connection Sharing

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/246191-windows-cannot-start-wlan-autoconfig-service-local-computer.html
Relevancy 87.29%

I need some help to get my wireless connection to work again After recent Windows Update my wireless connection no longer works I've done some troubleshooting and I have ruled out my ISP cable modem and router leaving the issue to be something within the computer Dell laptop - Inspiron The wired connection works fineWhen I run Windows Network Diagnosis it tells me that the Windows on not the service Computer WLAN start Local AutoConfig Windows could Wireless Service is not running see attached pdf report When I try to manually start the WLANSVC service i get an error message that says quot Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer Error xc quot see attached When I try to manually start the WLANSVC service from the command prompt as Admin I get a slightly different message that says quot The WLAN AutoConfig service is starting The WLAN AutoConfig service could not be started A system error has Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer occurred System error has occurred is not a valid Win application quot see Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer attached I've downloaded the latest Intell PROset Wireless drivers from Dell V for the Wireless-N wireless network adapter and have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers This didn't help I've attached some screenshots and a pdf Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer copy of the Windows Network Diagnostics report Wi-Fi Troubleshooting Report pdf

A:Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer

Hi, welcome to Tenforums.
Wlansvc only runs if:
a. ethernet is not active/connected
b. Wifi is active

Presumably since you have used this you have
a. Enabled Wifi e.g. via the tile in the Action Centre
b. ensured you are not in airplane mode
c. pressed your Wifi button to switch it on
d. your Wifi is enabled on your router.

Now a number of people have reported problems post 1511 as you probably know.
E.g.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...7-538556dd08a3

I also noted this comment:
Windows 10 update 1511 removes TLS 1.0 authentication from Windows. You have to use TLS 1.2.
from
Windows 10 version 1511, no longer able to connect to Enterprise WiFi

Atheros 9000 series cards seem to be problematic with 1511.

Please add your Wifi card type to your system specs.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/35474-windows-could-not-start-wlan-autoconfig-service-local-computer.html
Relevancy 87.29%

Just need to know if I'm infected please help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista computer service center not security could the start on windows local SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system taskeng exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program windows could not start the security center service on local computer Files BillP Studios WinPatrol WinPatrol exeC Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC Windows System mobsync exeC PROGRAM FILES POP PEEPER POPPEEPER EXEC Program Files Avant Browser avant exeC Windows system mmc exeC Windows Explorer exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www crawler com search dispatcher a amp tbid R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant http www crawler com search ie aspx tb id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main CustomizeSearch http dnl crawler com support sa customize aspx TbId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul windows could not start the security center service on local computer rch search htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www crawler com search ie aspx tb id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http dnl windows could not start the security center service on local computer crawler com support sa customize aspx TbId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page blank htmR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page blank htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO RoboForm - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Toolbar amp RoboForm - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dllO - HKLM Run WinPatrol C Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exe -expressbootO - HKLM Run egui quot C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe quot hide waitserviceO - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware Application C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeO - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - Extra context menu item amp ieSpell Options - res C Program Files ieSpell iespell dll SPELLOPTION HTMO - Extra context menu item Check amp Spelling - res C Program Files ieSpell iespell dll SPELLCHECK HTMO - Extra context menu item Customize Menu - file C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboFormComCustomizeIEMenu htmlO - Extra context menu item Fill Forms - file C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboFormComFillForms htmlO - Extra context menu item Google Lookup - C Program Files AB Extension Pack Lookup luGoogle htmO - Extra context menu item RoboForm Toolbar - file C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboForm... Read more

A:windows could not start the security center service on local computer

Hello. I am PropagandaPanda (Panda or PP for short), and I will be helping you with your log.I apologize for the delay in response. We get overwhelmed with logs at times, but we are trying our best to keep up. If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If you still need help, post a new HijackThis log.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favourites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.Please take note of some guidelines for this fix:Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools. Doing so could cause changes to the directions I have to give you and prolong the time required. Further more, you should not be taking any advice relating to this computer from any other source throughout the course of this fix.If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.Even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean". We do not want to clean you part-way, only to have the system re-infect itself. Finally, please reply using the button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Run Scan with KasperskyPlease do a scan with Kaspersky Online Scanner. If for some reason you cannot complete this scan, skip it.This scan is for Internet Explorer Only.If you are using Windows Vista, open your browser by right-clicking on its icon and select Run as administrator to perform this scan.Please disable your realtime protection software before proceeding. Refer to this page if you are unsure how.Open the Kaspersky Scanner page.Click on Accept and install any components it needs.The program will install and then begin downloading the latest definition files.After the files have been downloaded on the left side of the page in the Scan section select My ComputerThis will start the program and scan your system.The scan will take a while, so be patient and let it run.Once the scan is complete, click on View scan reportNow, click on the Save Report as button.Save the file to your desktop.Copy and paste that information in your next post.You can refer to this animation by sundavis.This scanner will only scan. It does not remove any malware it finds.Save Uninstall List with HijackThisDouble click the HijackThis icon on your desktop.If you see a while screen, click Main Menu at the middle bottom of the window, otherwise move onto the next step.Click Open the Misc Tools section.Under System tools, select Uninstall Manager....Near the bottom right, click Save list... and save uninstall_list.txt onto your desktop.Close out of HijackThis.Post back with uninstall_list.txt.Post back with:-the Kaspersky log-the uninstall list-a new HijackThis logPlease also tell me of any changes you have made to your computer since your topic was started.If you do not make a reply in 5 days, we will need to close your topic.With Regards,The PandaImportant Note to Other Users Reading this Topic: The instructions provided in this topic below this point are for the original topic starter only. Even if you have similar problems or log entries to those given here, please do not follow the directions, especially those involving specific tools and scripts. Doing so can result in serious damage to your computer. Instead, please start your own topic. Feel free to link to any relevant topics as needed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/177085/windows-could-not-start-the-security-center-service-on-local-computer/
Relevancy 86.86%

So when i try to get Windows Firewall to run on recommended settings i get error x c So far i have 1068 Windows Firewall (manually starting) + error error 0x8007042c tried- all four methods on the microsoft help page here x c error message when you try to start Windows Firewall when i tried manually starting it i got Windows Firewall error 0x8007042c + error 1068 (manually starting) error the dependency service or group Windows Firewall error 0x8007042c + error 1068 (manually starting) failed to start Ive also tried Sharrow's quot Most helpful Reply quot on this page- Windows could not start Error The dependency or group failed - Microsoft Community although i dont have aland line so idk if what i did affected it well or not person who wrote the thing had a wlan so idk if what i did was wrong anyone wanna let me know it didnt help either so i ran sfc scannow on elevated command prompt and got it to my desktop learned how to do that today here is what i got on it can anyone help me figure out what the issue is and how to solve it im only gonna post the stuff it cant repair i dont think yall need the other stuff a third of the way through- - - Info CSI e SR Cannot repair member file l quot PINTLGB IMD quot of Microsoft-Windows-IME-Simplified-Chinese-Core Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI ea SR Cannot repair member file l quot PINTLGB IMD quot of Microsoft-Windows-IME-Simplified-Chinese-Core Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI eb SR This component was referenced by l quot Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package bf ad e amd WindowsFoundationDelivery quot - - Info CSI ee SR Could not reproject corrupted file ml l quot C Windows IME IMESC DICTS quot l quot PINTLGB IMD quot source file in store is also corrupted - - Info CSI f SR Verify complete then later - - Info CSI a SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI c SR Cannot repair member file l quot PINTLGB IMD quot of Microsoft-Windows-IME-Simplified-Chinese-Core Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI e SR Cannot repair member file l quot PINTLGB IMD quot of Microsoft-Windows-IME-Simplified-Chinese-Core Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI f SR This component was referenced by l quot Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package bf ad e amd WindowsFoundationDelivery quot - - Info CSI SR Could not reproject corrupted file ml l quot C Windows IME IMESC DICTS quot l quot PINTLGB IMD quot source file in store is also corrupted - - Info CSI SR Repair complete - - Info CSI SR Committing transaction - - Info CSI SR Verify and Repair Transaction completed All files and registry keys listed in this transaction have been successfully repaired - - Info CSI SR Verifying x components and then also - - Info CSI e SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI e SR Cannot repair member file l quot PINTLGB IMD quot of Microsoft-Windows-IME-Simplified-Chinese-Core Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI ea SR Cannot repair member file l quot PINTLGB IMD quot of Microsoft-Windows-IME-Simplified-Chinese-Core Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI eb SR This component was referenced by l quot Microso... Read more

A:Windows Firewall error 0x8007042c + error 1068 (manually starting)

Welcome to the WSF, Junyahh!

Please use the following diagnostic tool. It has a powerful detection mechanism, and may help us get to the cause of your issues:

Please use the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool.
Download: Farbar Recovery Scan Tool Download
Select the version that applies to your system.
Save it to your Desktop.
Double-click the downloaded file to run it.

When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.
At the program's console, press the Scan button.

When done, the tool produces a log, FRST.txt, in the same directory from which the tool is run (Desktop).
Please provide the FRST.txt in your reply.

The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log: Addition.txt
Also post the Addition.txt in your reply.

Also, use the Farbar Service Scanner
Download: Downloading Farbar Service Scanner

Let's get a view of all services and dependencies scoped by the tool...
Make sure the following options are checked:

Internet Services
Windows Firewall
System Restore
Security Center
Windows Update
Windows Defender

Press: Scan

When done, FSS creates a log, FSS.txt, on the Desktop.

Please provide the FSS.txt in your reply.

Thank you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/317526-windows-firewall-error-0x8007042c-error-1068-manually-starting.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I'm running W7 Home Premium. I used to run Comodo's Internet Security Suite, but recently uninstalled that and switched to MSSE.

I get the following msg from the Action Center:
"Windows could not start the Security Center service on Local Computer." Error code 5

The Security Center service is set to Automatic (D). If I try to start it manually I get the above message. Both required dependencies are set to automatic, and have started ok.

Any help in resolving this would be much appreciated.

Dick

A:"Windows could not start the Security Center service on Local Computer

Try starting the service from a command prompt. Type cmd in the Start Menu search box, right click cmd.exe and select "Run as Administrator". In the commnd window type "net start wscsvc" without the quotes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/94701-windows-could-not-start-security-center-service-local-computer.html
Relevancy 86%

I am logged on as administrator.  Usin Win7 Ultimate 32 bit.  can not start Event Log service.  Any suggestions?

A:Windows could not start the Windows Event Log service on Local Compurter. Error 5: Access is denied

Hi Bob,

This issue can be caused due to the incorrect permission settings for the administrators group.

I would like to suggest you perform the following steps to troubleshoot the issue.

1. In the "Start" menu, locate "Command Prompt". Right-click and choose "Run as Administrator". If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

2. Type the following commands, then press "Enter" to execute them one by one. Please note the space before the command and its parameter.

takeown /f C:\windows\system32\logfiles\wmi\rtbackup
cacls C:\windows\system32\logfiles\wmi\rtbackup /G administrators:F

3.   Restart the computer to check the issue.

What’s the result?Arthur Li - MSFT

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/44479c49-55e6-4bd7-b25e-3f2a6497306e/windows-could-not-start-the-windows-event-log-service-on-local-compurter-error-5-access-is-denied?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello fellow meh I don't know OS Windows Pro Processor AMD FX- Quad Core RAM GB Storage TB of TB available System Type -bit Operating System x based processor A while ago my PC was having some lag issues that made the computer practically unusable I found out in msconfig that I had almost all services running I disabled many of the services and I made sure not disable the necessary ones i e Windows Audio I restarted my computer and there was a red circle with a white quot X quot over the audio icon I clicked on the icon A window named quot Playing Audio quot opened On the window was a bar similar to the one shown while loading downloading something Above the bar said quot Detecting Problems quot Service 8.1 Audio Windows (Error not running 1068/1058?) and then quot Scanning for Windows 8.1 Audio Service not running (Error 1068/1058?) hardware changes quot This went on for about seconds After this the window changed At the top in blue Windows 8.1 Audio Service not running (Error 1068/1058?) was quot Troubleshooting has completed quot Under that was quot The troubleshooter made some changes to your system Try attempting the task you were trying to do before quot In the center of the window was quot Problems found-Hardware changes might not have been detected quot In the search bar I typed quot Manage audio devices quot When I opened it up the window told me that there were no audio devices installed I have checked in Device management under quot sound video and game controllers quot That I have sound drivers installed AMD High Definition Audio Device amp High Definition Audio Device I have tried multiple times to uninstall reinstall the drivers to no avail Any and all help is appreciated accepted Have a nice day

A:Windows 8.1 Audio Service not running (Error 1068/1058?)

The first thought, have you tried reinstalling the Sound Drivers? either from the motherboard vendor or if you have RealTek you can get the latest from RealTek and install that.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/38238-windows-8-1-audio-service-not-running-error-1068-1058-a.html
Relevancy 85.14%

When i am starting the windows search i am getting an error like "windows could not start the windows search service on local computer error 1053.Even though i got registry fix for this still i am getting the same error.Anyone help me with this??

I got registry fix from here
Fix for Windows Search Service Startup Error 1053 in Windows 7 - The Winhelponline Blog

I tried running sfc/scannow also but nothing worked.

A:Windows could not start the windows search service on local computer e

chand

run the tool below

Farbar Service Scanner

Click here Farbar Service Scanner to DOWNLOAD

Place the file onto your desktop

Right click on FSS.exe select

Place a check mark next to the following options
⬜ Internet Services
⬜ Windows Firewall
⬜ System Restore
⬜ Security Center
⬜ Windows Update
⬜ Windows Defender
⬜ Other Services

Press the Scan button

Farbar Service Scanner will create a log, called FSS.txt, on the Desktop. Upload the FSS.txt with your reply

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/302011-windows-could-not-start-windows-search-service-local-computer-e.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi when i try to run my windows XP sp2 windows firewall to stop it from disabling my connections. i get the message "Windows firewall cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running. Do you want to start the Windows firewall/internet connection Sharing (ICS) service?" i click yes then i get "Windows cannot start the Windows firewall/internet connection sharing (ICS) service.". i then went start>run>services.msc and found that when i try to manually run the Windows firewall/ICS i get this message "Could not start the WF/ICS service on Local Computer. Error 1075 the dependancy service either does not exist or has been marked for deletion." Please help me. I just want to be able to open my ports and host Warcraft 3 games.

A:Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Service cannot start...error 1075.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-firewall-internet-connection-service-cannot-start-error-1075.871968/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hey guys,
I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.
I can not start Windows Firewall, Diagnostic Policy Service, Diagnostic Service Host, or Diagnostic System Host. When I try and start them manually in services.msc, it gives me Error Code 5: Access denied. Both BFE and Windows Firewall Authorization driver are running. I am logged in as an administrator, and I have already allowed full control of these services for the Administrator accounts and the user "SYSTEM" in Regedit. If you need more information, please let me know. This is my first post, so I don't know if there is any other information that you need. Thanks!

A:Windows Firewall service will not start, Error Code 5: Access Denied

Use Diagnose and fix Windows firewall service problem automatically -

Diagnose and fix Windows Firewall service problems automatically

OR

Go to BFE in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\BFE

and then click on Add and typed in the space "Everyone" and save the changes. Then go to services.msc and start up the BFE service .

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/256437-windows-firewall-service-will-not-start-error-code-5-access-denied.html
Relevancy 82.56%

when trying to restart windows firewall i am getting this... "service-specific error code 5"
using HP G62 laptop running Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit

i had a rootkit on the laptop and i think it's completely removed but i still cannot activate the firewall, I used kaspersky rescue disk 10, rkill and mbam to remove rootkit.

hope someone can help....

A:Unable to start Windows Firewall service-specific error code 5 Win7 64bit

System error code 5 is "access denied". http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms681382%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

But I don't know if your error code is a system error code. If it is, you can check the permissions on the firewall service with this command:

sc sdshow MpsSvc

I have this on my test machine:
D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)
(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;IU)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;SU)(A;;CCLCRP;;;S-1-5-80-<omitted>)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/492787/unable-to-start-windows-firewall-service-specific-error-code-5-win7-64bit/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello I've been looking around the net 5 to Firewall Unable Windows Win7 code service-specific error 32bit start for a while and still have not found any solutions for my problem Unable to start Windows Firewall service-specific error code 5 Win7 32bit And seeing that there's quite the excellent service here in bleepingcomputer I thought I'd give it a try and ask for help So far I have my BFE fixed and running in the Services but Firewall and Windows Defender aren't Firewall gives me the error code message while Windows Defender gives me the x error I went and tried the steps in this thread http www bleepingcomputer com forums t windows-firewall-not-starting-error-code- x Ignored the BFE parts cos it's been fixed but stuck in the th post seeing as it wouldn't let me register the reg file It shows this error Not all data was successfully written to the registry Some keys are open by the system or other processes Oh yeah before I end this post Here's the FSS scan results ------------------ Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by PC administrator on - - at Running from C Users PC Desktop Windows Home Basic Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Connection Status Localhost is accessible LAN connected Google IP is accessible Google com is accessible Yahoo IP is accessible Yahoo com is accessible Windows Firewall MpsSvc Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of MpsSvc service is OK The ImagePath of MpsSvc service is OK The ServiceDll of MpsSvc service is OK Firewall Disabled Policy System Restore System Restore Disabled Policy Action Center Windows Update Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy Windows Defender WinDefend Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve start type of WinDefend The value does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve ImagePath of WinDefend The value does not exist Unable to retrieve ServiceDll of WinDefend The value does not exist Other Services Checking Start type of SharedAccess ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve start type of SharedAccess The value does not exist Checking ImagePath of SharedAccess ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve ImagePath of SharedAccess The value does not exist Checking ServiceDll of SharedAccess ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve ServiceDll of SharedAccess The value does not exist Checking Start type of iphlpsvc ATTENTION gt Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath of iphlpsvc ATTENTION gt Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll of iphlpsvc ATTENTION gt Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key The service key does not exist File Check C Windows system nsisvc dll gt MD is legitC Windows system Drivers nsiproxy sys gt MD is legitC Windows system dhcpcore dll gt MD is legitC Windows system Drivers afd sys gt MD is legitC Windows system Drivers tdx sys gt MD is legitC Windows system Drivers tcpip sys - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C D AF CBCED F C Windows system dnsrslvr dll gt MD is legitC Windows system mpssvc dll gt MD is legitC Windows system bfe dll gt MD is legitC Windows system Drivers mpsdrv sys gt MD is legitC Windows system SDRSVC dll gt MD is legitC Windows system vssvc exe gt MD is legitC Windows system wscsvc dll gt MD is legitC Windows system wbem WMIsvc dll gt MD is legitC Windows system wuaueng dll gt MD is legitC Windows system qmgr dll gt MD is legitC Windows system es dll gt MD is legitC Windows system cryptsvc dll gt MD is legitC Program Files Windows Defender MpSvc dll gt MD is legitC Windows system svchost exe gt MD is legitC Windows system rpcss dll gt MD is legit End of log Moderator Edit Moved topic from Windows to the more appropriate forum Queen-Evie

A:Unable to start Windows Firewall service-specific error code 5 Win7 32bit

Please download TDSSKiller from here and save it to your DesktopDoubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters

Check Loaded Modules  and Detect TDLFS file system.  Do not check Verify file digital signatures (even though it is checked in the example)If you are asked to reboot because an "Extended Monitoring Driver is required" please click Reboot now

Click Start Scan and allow the scan process to run

If threats are detected select Skip for all of them unless I instruct you otherwiseClick Continue

Click Reboot computerPlease post the contents of  TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt found in your root directory (typically c:\)in your reply===================================================aswMBR--------------------Download aswMBR and save it to your desktop.
Please disable your real time protection of any Antivirus, Antispyware or Antimalware programs temporarily. They will interfere and may cause unexpected results.If you need help to disable your protection programs see here and here.Double click the aswMBR.exe file to run it. Please allow when you are asked to download AVAST antivirus engine defs.Wait until the AV update is done, then click on the Scan button to start. The program will launch a scan.

When done, you will see Scan finished successfully. Please click on Save log and save the file to your desktop.

Please post the contents of the log in your next reply.NOTE:  aswMBR will create MBR.dat file on your desktop. This is a copy of your MBR. Do NOT delete it.===================================================ESET Online Scanner--------------------I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan  This process may may take several hours, that is normalHold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.Click the   button.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)

Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.
Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."Click the Start button.Accept any security warnings from your browser.Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats" Click Advanced settings and select the following:

Scan potentially unwanted applicationsScan for potentially unsafe applicationsEnable Anti-Stealth technologyESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.When the scan completes, click List ThreatsCopy and paste the information in your next reply.   Note:  If no malware was found you will not get a log.Click the Back button.Click the Finish button.===================================================Things I would like to see in your next reply. Please be sure to copy and paste the information rather than send an attachment. TDSSKiller logaswMBR logESET results 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/487044/unable-to-start-windows-firewall-service-specific-error-code-5-win7-32bit/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi,

I have a Windows 7 machine that is having an issue with Security Center. It had a small amount of PUP and Trojan Variants, but I took care of them.

However, the Trojans must have ran as Security Center has stopped working out of nowhere.

I get error 1068 when trying to boot WSCVM through the Services tab. Remote Procedure Call (RPC) is running and booted, whereas Windows Management Instrumentation, will not boot or run.

Any ideas on what to do here? Would this REGFix file do the trick?

Windows Security Center Service has been removed - Microsoft Community Is that safe to use?

A:[SOLVED] Windows Security Center Can't Start - Error 1068

Hi, net helpmsg 1068 at the prompt returns:-

The dependency service or group failed to start.

The fix in your post is to replace the registry service entry for Wscsvc (security centre) it does not appear that this is needed. We need to look at the dependencies.

I note you say WMI will not start.

We need to see more of your services open a cmd as admin and run the following in red:-

echo > 0 & sc qc Winmgmt >> 0 & sc queryex Winmgmt>> 0 & sc qc Dcomlaunch >> 0 & sc queryex DcomLaunch >> echo >> 0 & notepad 0
press enter

Next run:- Net start > 0 & notepad 0 press enter

Please post the notepad outcome's here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-windows-security-center-cant-start-error-1068-a-916130.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi all. After a week with this problem, Audio Windows service that won't start and to avoid the Microsoft support advice: reinstall XP, then re update with Vista Ultimate...

Here was my case : Audio windows service dont start because another one don't either : the Audio End point Builder (AudioEndpointBuilder) with 998 error ?!
Many solutions found didn't work, then I tried another one given for another sound problem, and it worked for me :

- copy the file audiosvr.dll from another Vista PC (not especially Ultimate)
- paste it on one of your drive ex: D:\
- Boot/Start with Vista dvd
- Choose the "Repar" option
- Than choose the "Command Line" option
- To type "copy d:\audiosrv.dll c:\windows\system32\audiosrv.dll"
- Restart !

If only i could save you from a all reinstallation... Hope this helps !

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/265760-audio-windows-dont-start-error-1068-audioendpointbuilder-solution.html
Relevancy 79.98%

So when troubleshooting a Windows Update error Code I found that the problem Intelligent Background (BITS) Service 1068 Transfer start not ERR will seems to be that the BITS service isn't running When attempting to start the BITS service from the Services gt BITS gt Properties panel it shoots an error dialogue box reading quot Windows could not start the Background Intelligent Transfer Service service on Local Computer Error The dependency service or group failed to start quot It appears that it has several dependent services of them to be exact and I'm having trouble pin-pointing the issue It there a way I could just repair restore the whole tree of services killing the issue wherever it may be Thanks in advance Edit I'm backtracking all the services Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) will not start ERR 1068 It seems Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) will not start ERR 1068 that the BITS dependencies list just lists the Remote Procedure Call RPC twice When checking the Remote Procedure Call's status it is already started This is making no sense to me now Here's the tree of processes that the BITS service seems to Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) will not start ERR 1068 be having problems with Edit I want to be very clear so here's all the info in screenshot form ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- So I got this error when trying to use Windows Update V v Which after looking up the error code found that it has to do with BITS so it lead me to check the service which threw an error when I tried to start it V v So I then checked it's dependencies V v Which then led me to check on RPC which is already started and can't be stopped even if I wanted to V v and now I've hit at a dead end at figuring out where the problem is originating The only changes I've made to my computer recently was uninstall old games and programs and remove their folders from the hidden directories with names like quot LocalLow quot quot Roaming quot quot AppData quot quot Temp quot and quot ProgramData quot I only remove folders that are obviously parts of things I've already deleted such as the games I'm really hoping that this didn't come about from using CCleaner's registry cleaner too much I don't even backup the registries anymore because I've never had issues with it Perhaps I've put too much faith in it's accuracy And before anyone asks yes of course I've tried simply rebooting Didn't do anything to help Once again thanks in advance

A:Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) will not start ERR 1068

Update : I have run the System File Checker and it detected no problems. Yet another attempt met with a dead end.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/262825-background-intelligent-transfer-service-bits-will-not-start-err-1068-a.html
Relevancy 79.98%

So when troubleshooting a Windows Update error Code I found that the problem seems to be that the BITS ERR start (BITS) Service Background will Intelligent not Transfer 1068 service isn't running When attempting to start the BITS service from the Services gt BITS gt Properties panel it shoots an error dialogue box reading quot Windows could not start the Background Intelligent Transfer Service service on Local Computer Error The dependency service or group failed to start quot It appears that it has several dependent services of them to be exact and I'm having trouble pin-pointing the issue It there a way I could just repair restore the whole tree of services killing the issue wherever it may be Thanks in advance Edit I'm backtracking all the services It seems that the BITS dependencies list just lists the Remote Procedure Call RPC twice When checking the Remote Procedure Call's status it is already started This is making no sense to me now Here's the tree of processes that the BITS service seems to be having problems with Edit I want to be very clear so here's all the info in screenshot form ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- So I got this error when trying to use Windows Update V v Which after looking up the error code found that it has to do with BITS so it lead me to check the service which threw an error when I tried to start it V v So I then checked it's dependencies V v Which then led me to check on RPC which is already started and can't be stopped even if I wanted Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) will not start ERR 1068 to V v and now I've hit at a dead end at figuring out where the problem is originating The only changes I've made to my computer recently was uninstall old games and programs and remove their folders from the hidden directories with names like quot LocalLow quot quot Roaming quot quot AppData quot quot Temp quot and quot ProgramData quot I only remove folders that are obviously parts of things I've already deleted such as the games I'm really hoping that this didn't come about from using CCleaner's registry cleaner too much I don't even backup the registries Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) will not start ERR 1068 anymore because I've never had issues with it Perhaps I've put too much faith in it's accuracy And before anyone asks yes of course I've tried simply rebooting Didn't do Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) will not start ERR 1068 anything to help Once again thanks in advance

A:Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) will not start ERR 1068

This info may be helpful:
Background Intelligent Transfer Service | Black Viper | www.blackviper.com

also since it's a network doodad, you might be better off posting in the Networking subforum. You might ask the Mod to move this thread.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/262648-background-intelligent-transfer-service-bits-will-not-start-err-1068-a.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Could not start the Apache Tomcat service on Local Computer
Error 1067: The process treminated unexpectedly.

I installed Apache Tomcat on windows XP and unable to start the service.

Please advice

Thank you.

A:Could not start the Apache Tomcat service on Local Computer

Hello and Welcome to TSF,

Go here and look at this article:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/setup.html

control panel
admin tools
services
Apache Tomcat service: started, automatic

Note: Check the setupapi.log, setuperror.txt, setuplog.txt log files to see if a mini-setup error occured?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/could-not-start-the-apache-tomcat-service-on-local-computer-379726.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Greetings: I re-installed a printer (Dell 1210 All in One) on an old DELL pc, Windows XP, and cannot get it to install/print. It previously worked with this PC, but it reinstalled itself every time I booted the computer. (When paired with my acer laptop using Windows 7, all functions, including printing, work.) It will copy and scan with the DELL pc. I received the above message: "Could not start the print spooler service on local computer. Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start." I obviously do not know much about computers, but am trying to learn some things by working with/on this old pc. Thanks for any help!

A:Error 1068: The dependency service...

1) Did you install the printer driver and did it install correctly? If not, go to the Dell Website and download and install the correct driver.

2) Go to START - RUN and type services.msc (then press enter). Locate the Print Spooler service and double click on the entry. Click on the "dependencies" tab. Now locate the services listed in the dependencies tab and see if they are running. If not, try to start them (if they are set to "disabled" you should change the setting to "manual" or "automatic"). Now try to start the Print Spooler Service.

Please report back.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569537/error-1068-the-dependency-service/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi
Could you please help me to resolve the above problems as the Windows security centre service can't be started. Thanks

Stephrafal

A:error 1068 no internet service

Hi and welcome to TSF

1. Click Start, type Services.msc in Start Search bar, and then press Enter.

2. In the right pane, double-click Microsoft Network Inspection.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, click Apply, click Start, and then click OK
let us know how that goes

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/error-1068-no-internet-service-695464.html
Relevancy 77.83%

TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper Service isn't running.  Here's the error when I try to start:
Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.
Dependencies:
AFD
NetBT
- NetIO Legacy TDI Support Driver
- TCP/IP Protocol Driver
- TCP/IP Protocol Driver

Device Manager (Show Hidden)

- Ancillary Function Driver for Winsock
- NetIO Legacy TDI Support Driver
- TCP/IP Protocol Driver

All started and Startup type Boot

A:TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper Service - Error 1068

Multiple topics were not required.Everything is network related and we could have continued there. Go to device manager-Hidden devices-non plug and play drivers What is the status of NETBT? Ignore NETIO TDI driver. Run Farbar service scanner again and Make sure the following options are checked:

Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/485012/tcpip-netbios-helper-service-error-1068/
Relevancy 77.4%

I can't start the Security center started
It says " Error 1068 failed to start when trying to start services"
So i search and notice that it depends on "windows management instrumentation"
I tried to view the fourth tab "dependencies"
then it says"win32:Error 1068 failed to start when trying to start services"
and it shows nothing inside the dependencies box.

I tried the Microsoft Fix it 50562,got the same results.

Also I tried sfc /scannow and it tells me "fixed", after restarting the computer,
i still got the same error.

Is there a way to fix this?

A:Error 1068 when starting service,dependencies win32 error

mfimftw,

Please use the following diagnostic tools. They may help us get to the cause of your issues:

Download: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/
Select the version that applies to your system.
Save it to your Desktop.

When done, the tool produces a log, FRST.txt, in the same directory from which the tool is run (Desktop).

Download: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-service-scanner/dl/62/

Internet Services
Windows Firewall
System Restore
Security Center
Windows Update
Windows Defender

Thank you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/366362-error-1068-when-starting-service-dependencies-win32-error.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Can someone please help, I can't connect to the internet whenever I connect it just connects local only and says the dhcp client isn't working on this computer when I go into services to manual start it says windows could not start the dhcp client on local computer error 1075 the dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion it happens on anyones internet I cant connect to wired and wireless, any help will be really appreciated as I have been trying to fix this for weeks now

A:windows could not start the dhcp client on local computer error 1075 the dependency s

Hello, lets do some cleaning up and see if that helps you out .
How to Flush DNS in Windows Using the Command Prompt

Step 1 ? Close all open web browsers and applications on your computer.

Step 2 ? Open the Windows command prompt by selecting the ?Start? menu and then go all programs, accessories, then right click command and run as admin.

Step 3 ? At the command prompt, enter ?ipconfig /flushdns? followed by pressing the ?enter? key. After a moment, Windows will display a message similar to: ?Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.? Once the message is displayed, the DNS will be flushed removing all incorrect entries.

Then , we want to get the IP reset, so, lets renew its settings and see if this also helps out :
you will type in the command box : ipconfig /release then enter, then next ipconfig /renew then enter, this will reset the IP , now restart and attempt to have it reconfigure its connections to your router. Post back results please.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/294039-windows-could-not-start-dhcp-client-local-computer-error-1075-dependency-s.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hey BC community Note I have never had a problem like this before it has just well Removed being as Firewall code: as 0x80070424 Firewall 7 Service Windows error started this Windows 7 Firewall error code: 0x80070424 as well as Firewall Service being Removed week I play maplestory and this program detected something wrong with my firewall So I proceeded to my security settings and attempted to edit my firewall settings turn it on off and then this error code popped up So I tried to edit the other settings and the same error code came up each time After that came up SEVERAL TIMES I went to a microsoft and other forums to search for help They told me to go to this window And said to go to Windows firewall and do something with it but it s not there to do anything to I really have NO IDEA what to do It isn t effecting me that much but when i start my Maplestory file up to reinstall it it closes and it says this Install Start User Temp Directory C Users Devin AppData Local Temp Use CRC false File Name C Users Devin Desktop MSSetupv exe Game Code Cannot Regitster Firewall C ProgramData NexonUS NGM NGM exe Nexon Game Manager ErrCode - - Install Path C Nexon MapleStoryI have downloaded microsoft anti virus things and they quot cleaned up quot my computer but it still hasn t changed anything Help Sincerely Devin

A:Windows 7 Firewall error code: 0x80070424 as well as Firewall Service being Removed

DownloadTDSSkillerLaunch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file systemClick on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive) DownloadaswMBRLaunch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitionsClick the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save logPost the log results here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/449365/windows-7-firewall-error-code-0x80070424-as-well-as-firewall-service-being-removed/
Relevancy 76.54%

Split from here http www bleepingcomputer com forums t windows- -firewall-error-code- x -windows-firewall-service-missing OB Can u help me please Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by Anda administrator Error Missing Split WIndows Firewall Code 0x80070424 from: 7 Windows Firewall Service on - - at Running from C Users Anda Desktop Windows Professional Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Connection Split from: WIndows 7 Firewall Error Code 0x80070424 Windows Firewall Service Missing Status Localhost is accessible LAN connected Google IP is accessible Google com is accessible Split from: WIndows 7 Firewall Error Code 0x80070424 Windows Firewall Service Missing Attempt to access Yahoo IP returned error Yahoo IP is offline Yahoo com is accessible Windows Firewall mpsdrv Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of mpsdrv service is OK The ImagePath of mpsdrv service is OK MpsSvc Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of MpsSvc service is OK The ImagePath of MpsSvc service is OK The ServiceDll of MpsSvc service is OK bfe Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of bfe service is OK Split from: WIndows 7 Firewall Error Code 0x80070424 Windows Firewall Service Missing The ImagePath of bfe service is OK The ServiceDll of bfe service is OK Firewall Disabled Policy System Restore System Restore Disabled Policy Action Center wscsvc Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open wscsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open wscsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open wscsvc registry key The service key does not exist Windows Update wuauserv Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open wuauserv registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open wuauserv registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open wuauserv registry key The service key does not exist BITS Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open BITS registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open BITS registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open BITS registry key The service key does not exist Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy Other Services Checking Start type of SharedAccess ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve start type of SharedAccess The value does not exist Checking ImagePath of SharedAccess ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve ImagePath of SharedAccess The value does not exist Checking ServiceDll of SharedAccess ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve ServiceDll of SharedAccess The value does not exist Checking Start type of iphlpsvc ATTENTION gt Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath of iphlpsvc ATTENTION gt Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll of iphlpsvc ATTENTION gt Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key The service key does not exist File Check C Windows system nsisvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers nsiproxy sys gt MD is legit C Windows system dhcpcore dll gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers afd sys gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers tdx sys gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers tcpip sys - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C D AF CBCED F C Windows system dnsrslvr dll gt MD is legit C Windows system mpssvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system bfe dll gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers mpsdrv sys gt MD is legit C Windows system SDRSVC dll gt MD is legit C Windows system vssvc exe gt MD is legit C Windows system wscsvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system wbem WMIsvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system wuaueng dll gt MD is le... Read more

A:Split from: WIndows 7 Firewall Error Code 0x80070424 Windows Firewall Service Missing

Please download TDSSKiller from here and save it to your DesktopDoubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters
Check Loaded Modules and Detect TDLFS file system. Do not check Verify file digital signatures (even though it is checked in the example)If you are asked to reboot because an "Extended Monitoring Driver is required" please click Reboot now
Click Start Scan and allow the scan process to runIf threats are detected select Skip for all of them unless I instruct you otherwiseClick Continue
Click Reboot computerPlease post the contents of TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt found in your root directory (typically c:\)in your replyDue to forum upgrade you may face issues posting the TDSSkiller log.Just last few lines of log is sufficient===================================================RKILLPlease download Rkill by Grinler from one of the 4 links below (if one of them does not work try another.) and save it to your desktop:Link 1Link 2In order for Rkill to run properly you must disable your anti-malware software. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how.Double-click on Rkill. (If you are using Windows Vista, please right-click on it and select Run As Administrator)Note: You may have to run Rkill a few times before it is successful. You may also have to download Rkill from a different link which will save it as a different file name.A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed.An Rkill.log will appear. Please copy and paste the contents in your reply (file also located at c:\rkill.log)Do not reboot your computer after running Rkill as the malware programs will start again. If your computer reboots, run Rkill again before continuing on to the next step.If nothing happens or if the tool does not run, please let me know in your next reply.===================================================ESET Online ScannerI'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan This process may may take several hours, that is normalHold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.Click the button.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)

Click on to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.
Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."Click the Start button.Accept any security warnings from your browser.Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats" Click Advanced settings and select the following:
Scan potentially unwanted applicationsScan for potentially unsafe applicationsEnable Anti-Stealth technology
ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.When the scan completes, click List ThreatsCopy and paste the information in your next reply. Note: If no malware was found you will not get a log.Click the Back button.Click the Finish button===================================================Junkware Removal Tool by thisisuPlease download Junkware Removal ToolDisable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. (Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled. The list is not all inclusive.)Right-mouse click JRT.exe and select Run as administrator (Windows XP double click the icon)Please allow the program time to runOnce completed a Notepad document will open on your desktopCopy and paste the contents in your reply.Things I would like to see in your next reply. Please be sure to copy and paste the information rather than send an attachment. TDSSKiller logRKILL logESET logJunkware removal tool log 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/490867/split-from-windows-7-firewall-error-code-0x80070424-windows-firewall-service-missing/
Relevancy 75.68%

Recently had a virus infection and noticed that the windows firewall service is missing. When trying to reset to recommended settings by using control panel received error code 0x80070424. Cannot access other computers or shared files/folders on home network. Saw a previous post dated 12-17 that appears to be the same problem.

A:WIndows 7 Firewall Error Code 0x80070424 Windows Firewall Service Missing

Welcome aboard Had the infection been cleaned since?Please download Farbar Service Scanner and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity CenterWindows UpdatePress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/436093/windows-7-firewall-error-code-0x80070424-windows-firewall-service-missing/
Relevancy 75.25%

Major network problems Been scouring the web for the NativeWifi Filter drivers for windows Cannot start my WLAN to error auto unable install/start Filter WLAN NativeWifi cannot config start - 1068. Auto Config WLAN auto config cannot start - error 1068. NativeWifi Filter unable to install/start Service due to NativeWifi Filter not installed WLAN auto config cannot start - error 1068. NativeWifi Filter unable to install/start unable to start It keeps giving me an error saying that it doesn't exist so I restarted and now it's not even listed in the non plug-and-play section in device manager with hidden devices shown had no problem starting up NDIS Usermode I O Portal as per advice in other threads where it is stated to start BOTH NDIS Usermode etc AND NativeWifi Filter But mine has somehow disappeared from the list and would not start before that point It was a code IIRC quot The device is not present is nor not working properly or does not have all its drivers installed quot - pulled that from another service that does not work Qos Packet Scheduler is also not functioning where I got the error from which is the same as I WAS getting with NativeWifi Filter If anyone has the drivers to either of these that would be greatly appreciated as I cannot use the net on my computer so am using my brothers for anything internet related atm Cheers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wlan-auto-config-cannot-start-error-1068-nativewifi-filter-unable-to-install-start-472239.html
Relevancy 74.39%

start>control panel>administrative Tasks>Services

So I went there after some suggestions by some members on here, and tried to turn a few programs automatic(not the delayed start) but when I tried to start some of them, I got this message:

Error 1068: the dependency service or group failed to start

So is there a way to fix this?

A:Error 1068 failed to start when trying to start services

Yes, possibly possible! What are the names of the services you are dealing with?

Double click the service - go to the "Dependencies" tab - Check the service names list under "This service depends on the following system components" and then make sure that all the services listed there are already started.

For example, if you're trying to start a service which has dependency on "Windows firewall" service, you need to first make sure Windows firewall service is STARTED.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/286402-error-1068-failed-start-when-trying-start-services.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I'm sure this problem has been addressed before. After service pack 2 for xp, our windows firewall stopped working. When you try to access it in the control panel, it says that it is unable to open because the service is not running. I click yes to turn it on, and it says that the ICS service could not be started.

I tried fixing it a couple months ago, goofed around with winsock and tried a couple other things, couldn't get it to work so I gave up and downloaded zone alarm.

I just remembered about it the other day, and while being bored, I wanted to try and get it working again, even if I don't need to use it, I still like everything running correctly.

Any suggestions?

A:Windows Firewall, cannot start ICS service

Try the following:

Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services...

Scroll down to Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing, double click the entry. You should now see the properties box for ICS; in the drop-down box next to 'Startup type' be sure that Automatic is the chosen option, click Apply, close everything out and re-boot - now check to see if your firewall is available.

If that doesn't work, you may need to run an inplace install (Repair). If this is the case then follow These instructions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-firewall-cannot-start-ics-service.408593/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello

I always had Firewall turned off, but then I realised it's a quite useful thing. So when I checked it, it said: "Windows Firewall is not using the recommended settings to protect your computer." When I press "Use recommended settings" nothing happens. Then I checked services and Base Filtering Engine is running well, but Windows Firewall service can't start. It says: "Windows could not start the Windows Firewall on Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 5."

I have no idea how to fix this (I have already downloaded Microsoft Windows Firewall fixer, didn't help)... Any suggestions?

A:Windows Firewall service won't start

Have you checked that the windows firewall authorisation driver is running in device manager?
You need to view hidden devices and its in the plug and play section.hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/253751-windows-firewall-service-wont-start.html
Relevancy 74.39%

When I try to turn it back on by using the "recommended settings" I get this:

And when I try and start the service:

I have these already running:
CNG Key Isolation (KeyIso)
Base Filtering Engine (BFE)
and can't find
Firewall Client Agent (FwcAgent)

I found on many pages I should try and run these commands in CMD:

Code:
sc config MpsSvc start= auto
sc config KeyIso start= auto
sc config BFE start= auto
sc config FwcAgent start= auto
net stop MpsSvc
net start MpsSvc
net stop KeyIso
net start KeyIso
net stop BFE
net start BFE
net stop FwcAgent
net start FwcAgent
pause
When I get to

Code:
sc config FwcAgent start= auto
It says:

A:Can't start Windows Firewall service.

NathanH92,

At some point, has the system been infected with malware?

Please do the following:

Please go to the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool Download
Select the 64-bit version.
Save it to your Desktop.

Press the Scan button.

FRST64 makes a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory from which the tool is run (Desktop).

Please provide the FRST.txt in your reply. <<---

Also post the: Addition.txt in your reply. <<---

Next, download Farbar Service Scanner
Save to the Desktop Make sure the following options are checked:Internet Services
Windows Firewall
System Restore
Security Center
Windows Update
Windows Defender

FSS creates a log, FSS.txt, on the Desktop.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/293103-cant-start-windows-firewall-service.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hey guys I have often come here in the past to help me with various tech related woes but I've never needed to post before But now I do since I can no Service. Firewall Windows start Cannot longer turn my Windows Firewall Service on through any means in which one can do so under normal circumstances I'm Cannot start Windows Firewall Service. running Windows Vista SP From Windows Security Centre it tells me quot Security Centre can't turn on Windows Cannot start Windows Firewall Service. Firewall quot From Windows Firewall it tells me quot Windows Firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running Cannot start Windows Firewall Service. Do you want to start the Windows Firewall Service quot then when I click yes quot Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall Service quot when trying to start it manually from Administrative Tools Services it tells me quot Windows could not start the Windows Firewall on Local Computer For more information review the System Event Log quot and the only thing Windows Firewall related I have been able to find in the Event Log is quot The Windows Firewall Service was unable to retrieve the security policy from the local storage The service will continue enforcing the current policy Error Code quot All the different fixes I have seen online either haven't helped or I wasn't sure enough to try them all What can I do that is short of a complete reinstall of Vista Thanks a lot

A:Cannot start Windows Firewall Service.

Hi and welcome to TSF have you tried running sfc /scannow How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-start-windows-firewall-service-590332.html
Relevancy 74.39%

When I try to turn it on, it just keeps loading and eventually do nothing.
And when I try to start the service in the "Services.msc" I get the error:

Tranlation: 'Can't start the Windows Firewall on yout Local computer. Consult the systemlogs for more information. If this is not a service of Microsoft, you have to contact the manufacturer of the service. Mention than the specific error 5.'

I don't have a clue what the systemlogs are or what I can do with it, and I tried many solutions given on the internet but none has worked for me yet. Please help me with this awful error.

A:Can't start Windows Firewall service

In the search box next to Start button, type ser > press Enter.
You are now on Services window > scroll down to Windows Firewall > click it.
Under Status ................................. it should be Running.
Under Startup type...................... it should be Automatic.
If that is not what you see, left side, click Restart the service.
Also right click at Windows Firewall > Properties ......................
at Startup type, click the pointer and select Automatic
at Service status, click Start.
Click OK when done.

See if the Firewall is back in action.

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/45758-cant-start-windows-firewall-service.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Been cleaning up an older computer and Firewall/ICS Windows cannot start service recently this problem has turned up Windows Firewall is not on and in an attempt to turn it on it responds with Windows Firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running Do you want to start the Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing ICS service I click Yes and it says Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing ICS service So far I have tried Method and on Microsoft's page http support microsoft com kb Even though this did not start due to a SP installation Reinstalled SP I have not reinstalled SP specifically since SP usually covered that lt ---If thats the issue then shame on me I have also tried Windows Firewall/ICS service cannot start cmd gt Netsh winsock reset Recommendation from another forum I have tried starting the 'Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing ICS ' in Administrative Tools gt Services gt Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing ICS which does say stop This comes back with Could not start the Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing ICS service on Local Computer Error The system cannot find the file specified I'm assuming this is the current cause of the internet not working on the computer as well I've done alot of work on the computer and if needed I can list all that I've done so far This current problem I have not been able to solve myself and it started after running Malware bytes and removing everything it found May not need to be said but the system is a Windows XP bit Anything else you need to know just ask Also If I need to repeat anything I've already done due to a missed step or whatever I'm glad to do it

A:Windows Firewall/ICS service cannot start

Update on this system, the guy ran a Windows Repair after all this and now we have a BSOD after the Windows loading screen, code 0x07E, and computer restarts. When booting into Safe Mode I get "Windows XP Setup cannot run under Safe Mode. Setup will restart now."

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526825/windows-firewallics-service-cannot-start/
Relevancy 74.39%

I cannot start the windows firewall service.

At first it did not appear on the services .msc list, so I followed balon's advice to add it to the registry in this older thread Unable to start Windows Firewall

Now the firewall service is in the list but when I try to start it, I keep getting an error message:

Quote:
Windows could not start the Windows Firewall on Local Computer. For more information review the System Event Log. If this is a non-microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 5.

A:Cannot start windows firewall service

Why not dump the Windows 7 Firewall and use any one of the free third party firewalls. I would recommend Comodo.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/234289-cannot-start-windows-firewall-service.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Don't know how long my laptop has had this problem but Windows Firewall will not allow settings to be reset giving the first error code c I have tried all online fixes I can find which have been many including batch files SFC SCANNOW did not find any integrity problems Services will not allow firewall to be turned on - it is Stopped netsh advfirewall reset or set on give an error reading to make sure the service is turned on It reads - Usage state on off not configured I cannot recall exactly where in all these proceedings but I have also got Windows errors Firewall 1068 and 8007042c message Error The dependency service or group failed to start Under Services accessed under administrator the Base Filtering Engine is stopped and trying to start Windows Firewall errors 8007042c and 1068 it gets Error Access is denied Under Services - Windows Firewall I cannot also see listed the Windows Firewall Authorization Driver except as a Dependency of Windows Firewall I hope the above is enough to go on Is this a known problem The only antivirus installed is MSE Bill

A:Windows Firewall errors 8007042c and 1068

Welcome to the forum, Bill48!

Please use the following diagnostic tool. It has a powerful detection mechanism, and may help us get to the cause of your issues:

Select the version that applies to your system 64-bit
Save it to your Desktop.

Also, use the Farbar Service Scanner.

We will get a view of all services and dependencies scoped by the tool...

Internet Services
Windows Firewall
System Restore
Security Center
Windows Update
Windows Defender

Thank you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/323348-windows-firewall-errors-8007042c-1068-a.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I want to start the Internet Connection Sharing Service. But I always get that error when attempting to do so. I set all of its dependencies and it to automatic startup.They all start up except for Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol Service, which only runs if a program that depends on it does (i.e. I can't start it manually). I'm not sure what's wrong with it. Some Googling seems to point towards the direction of Windows Firewall possibly blocking. I have Norton installed, and that's managing it for me. Is Norton blocking it? If so, what changes do I need to make to it to allow this? If not, what else could it be? Thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/402694-get-error-1068-when-attempting-start-ics.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I have been wasting so much time the past few days trying to fix this issue Any help direction will be much appreciated I have been all over these forums and found SIMILAR issues but not my exact issue Every time I reboot I have reset my audio drivers They work every time afterwards but not until I let Windows 'fix' the problem This has been going on for a month or so I want to know what I can to permanently fix this What I have learned I can get the 'Windows Audio' and the 'Windows Audio Endpoint Builder' to Error 3: Computer. Service find can't The Local Audio on system path start automatically They originally were not starting automatically I modified the logon setting for both of these services like I read about I found a Windows 'MicrosoftFixit ' troubleshooter that did nothing I manually attempted to reset the quot Windows Firewall and Base Filtering Engine' the same way by modifying Audio Service on Local Computer. Error 3: The system can't find path the logon info to no avail This is the error I can't get past This pops up when I try to 'Start' the 'Audio Service' from the services msc window What have I done and how do I fix it Please help quot Windows could not start the Audio Service services on Local Computer Error The system cannot find the path specified quot

A:Audio Service on Local Computer. Error 3: The system can't find path

Hi pcb79,

Please check status of the 'Dependency' for 'Windows Audio Service'; and check if 'Windows Audio Endpoint Builder' is functional. You may follow these steps: Click 'Start' & type 'Services.msc' in the search box and tap 'Enter'.

Also check the following services and ensure that they show 'Status as Started & are set to Automatic':
- Audio Service
- Multimedia Class Scheduler
- Windows Audio
- Windows Audio Endpoint Builder
Note: Please create a system 'Restore Point'; for future use, if needed: System Restore Point - Create

If the issue persists, try re-installing the 'audio drivers' to see if that helps; updating them may not work. To check the 'audio card' installed in the nit, you may follow these steps:
- Open 'Device Manager' > Expand 'Sound, Video & Game Controllers' > Right click and uninstall the 'Audio Card' drivers > Follow through with the uninstall and allow the system to restart > Allow 'Windows' to update the 'Audio drivers' automatically > Check if the issue persists (Please share the system make/model if you face ambiguity)

If you still experience issues, try to reset 'Windows Services' to 'default settings': Services - Restore Default Services in Windows 7

If nothing works, please run the 'SFC Diagnostic Tool' to check the integrity of files in 'Windows': SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
- Follow 'Option 3' to capture the CBS logs and share for investigation

I would also like to have a closer look at the 'System Logs' for a better understanding. Please check the steps listed in the following thread and share details. The tool may not find any 'Blue screen errors'; however, system logs and other information may prove useful: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

Hope this helps. Do reply with the findings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/280023-audio-service-local-computer-error-3-system-cant-find-path.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Howdy folks,

When I boot my computer I have to start the Windows Firewall service manually by opening services, otherwise I won't be able to perform any local networking actions.

The service is set to Automatic, yet doesn't run until I click "start service"

The Base Filtering Engine Service is automatic and runs fine.

The Remote Procedure Call is also automatic and runs fine.

Anyone have any advice on how I can get Windows Firewall to actually...y'know start running when it's set to be automatic?

A:Windows Firewall Service Doesn't Start Automatically

Is Windows Firewall your only firewall? and are you using Windows Defender or another AV ?

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/47847-windows-firewall-service-doesnt-start-automatically.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Okay, I am a pretty technical user, and I am really struggling with this issue, and I wasn't 100% sure which section to post this in. I used to share videos over my network with multiple xboxs and a ps3. I recently installed Norton Internet Security on my system, and after doing so, I was not able to stream videos anymore. I tried changing firewall settings, and permissions and such, but could not get it to work, so I uninstalled NIS from my system. After doing so, the Windows 7 firewall service will not start. If i look at the event log, it gives me Event ID 7024 : The Windows Firewall service terminated with service-specific error Access is denied.. I have run the norton removal tool, and this has not fixed the problem.

A:Windows 7 firewall service will not start. Event ID 7024

I solved the problem! I followed the instructions here.
Windows Firewall damaged by &#39;Windows 7 antivirus 2012&#39;

Sorry to bother you guys.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/249192-windows-7-firewall-service-will-not-start-event-id-7024-a.html
Relevancy 72.67%

AVG won t install because it says there is a problem with windows firewall Windows firewall will not start because it says that services which windows firewall depends on will not start When I try to start these services I get Error messages When I right click on a service such as alerter which for some reason is disabled and click on properties no property menu appears on the screen start 1068 messages and services Error Cannot When I click away from a window it disappears does not appear in the task bar and the only way to make it reappear is to alt and Cannot start services and Error 1068 messages tab it back into view This is my brothers computer and he has not had any virus scanner since I put the computer together much against my advice My brother scanned his computer with the housecall service that trendmicro provides and it got a few problems but the issues above were not resolved We also have no sound and his quot Razor quot mouse doesn t work Standard mouse does I ran a hijack this log through an analyser and everything came back with Green ticks apart from incorrect entries both entries were deemed as safe I figure either a key service has magically become disabled or there is something worse with this computer Can someone tell me what I should do to procede with trying to fix the above problems nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-start-services-and-error-1068-messages.615949/
Relevancy 72.24%

this few days my pc like affect by virus, windows firewall internet connection sharing (ICS) auto stop after few minuts i boot my pc
i suspect virus remove firewall service file, then i restart my pc, the firewall can works for few second after that same thing happen again.
is there any antivirus or tools can kill this melware or virus? kindly advise

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/help-cannot-start-windows-firewall-internet-connection-sharing-ics-service-558737.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi, I have a laptop with Windows Vista, and I recently had to remove the FBI Moneypak Virus, so I don't know if this might have had anything to do with my not being able to get Security Center to start.

I've looked online for the solutions and tried a couple of things.

I've checked Security Center under Services and couldn't get it started. I get 1068 Error, I check under Properties for Dependencies and it's blank.

I ran a System File check and it was repaired successfully.

I don't know what else to check.

A:[SOLVED] Can't start Security Center, Error 1068

Hi please see the info here Security Center service is turned off, Error 1068

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-cant-start-security-center-error-1068-a-681588.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I have the problem that the service WLAN Auto-Config isn't started When I try to start the sevice manual then the error appear quot Error The dependency service or appear Auto-Config WLAN can't Error 1068 - start: group failed to WLAN Auto-Config can't start: Error 1068 appear - start quot I have seached on Google and another forum with a simalar problem but the solution of this forum is not working at my computer Does somebody know other tips or even better the solution - I have tried the three steps of onopko see the forum link but the this not helping to my computer On advice of StalkeR I have add the reg files of Black Viper site as Safe as well default Every time I have restarted my computer after adding the reg files but both files are resolving me problem After these steps I have exported the reg data of I belive that this was the solution of onopko HKEY LOCAL MACHINE gt SYSTEM gt CurrentControlSet gt services gt Ndisuio The export is been done from working WIFI laptop The reg data is been imported into my computer but didn't help also not Strange of my computer is that I have twice the service WLAN Auto-Config But both services are getting the same error-message Can somebody help me with this problem

A:WLAN Auto-Config can't start: Error 1068 appear -

Is there nobody that have an advice for this issue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/184930-wlan-auto-config-cant-start-error-1068-appear.html
Relevancy 71.38%

The firewall service will not start at all. I also have Trend Mirco PC-cillin and it won't allow me to view my "Personal Firewall" setting. If anyone knows what could be the problem, the help would be appreciated.

A:Windows firewall/internet connection sharing (ics) service wont start

When did this problem begin? What changes did you make to your system (hardware, software, updates)?

To assist in the problem, we need you to download HijackThis (http://www.merijn.org/files/hijackthis.zip). Extract it to a folder like C:\Program Files\HijackThis. Run it, and select 'Scan'. Do not fix anything yet, just select 'Save log', and copy the contents of the log to your next post.

An expert will be along shortly to review your log.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-firewall-internet-connection-sharing-ics-service-wont-start.513647/
Relevancy 71.38%

Good Afternoon I have been working on and searching for solutions to my issue for the better part of a week I have found nothing that is exactly the same and any solution that I have come upon has not fixed the issue A little history A friend of mine asked me to look at their computer as she had an issue with printing and then did some sort of restore installation lost wireless and then her computer BSOD shut down and would hang at starting windows with a reboot loop I used chkdsk and SFC to check things and ultimately used 'load last to 1068, Wireless 2 No refuses err laptop err EAP computer start on working configuration' to get the computer to boot No Wireless on laptop computer err 1068, EAP refuses to start err 2 So far so good At least I got back in I have been trying to get the wireless to reconnect since then A wired connection does work From the event logs I can see that there are two errors that crop up on each boot The first is that Extensible Authentication Protocol service terminated with the following error The system cannot find the file specified The second is that The WLAN AutoConfig service depends on the Extensible Authentication Protoco which failed to start The error for WLAN if I try to start it from the services msc program is and the error if I try to start EAP is error I am at wits end I have found that eapsvc dll is present and I actually replaced it from the install disc in windows system so that SHOULD be OK I believe svchost exe is OK because it is present in windows system and I get no specific errors related to it Does anyone have any suggestions This is just killing me and I have No Wireless on laptop computer err 1068, EAP refuses to start err 2 pretty much done everything I can No Wireless on laptop computer err 1068, EAP refuses to start err 2 think of I would prefer not to do a repair install if at all possible just because of the general issues with drivers and such on the laptop Thanks in advance Dave

A:No Wireless on laptop computer err 1068, EAP refuses to start err 2

Last evening, I tossed in a Live CD of Ubuntu to see if the wireless worked if I took Windows out of the picture, basically testing the hardware, and the wireless connected without a hitch, so I have to assume that the hardware is fine.

I believe I have this listed in my profile, but the computer is a 4 month old Dell M2800 with an intel 7260 wireless card. I have the latest proset drivers installed from Dell, the wireless card shows up in the Device manager without issues (except the red X that shows it as disconnected) and it also showed up when I ran ipconfig /all, so there is something connecting to it.

Additionally, the intel proset driver troubleshooting shows a hardware fault and states something to the effect that the Wireless Adapter is not bound to the Transport Protocol.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/362896-no-wireless-laptop-computer-err-1068-eap-refuses-start-err-2-a.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I have an Alltel Wireless card and its worked perfectly up until a few days ago, when all the sudden I couldn't connect to the internet. The network connection center won't even open. So, after some researching, I read to go into services and start the remote access, remote access auto and telephony. Telephony is started, the rest will not connect. I have checked the 'logon' tab to make sure the stuff in there is enabled and I checked dependencies and one of those dependencies says 'starting' but I don't know what's going on.

I really just don't know what else to do. Help!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-1068-when-attempting-to-start-remote-access-manually.162027/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi to All,
I would be grateful if somebody can tell me how I can restrict a user on a local computer from making changes to the Windows Firewall. The computer is not connected to a network and the Operating system is Win XP (service pack 2).

Thanks in advance...

Luka123

A:Resctrict a user on a local computer from making changes to the Windows XP Firewall

you can download software i have downloaded a piece of software that can restrict any user on the computer etc realy good if you want i supoose i could email it you or attach it?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/resctrict-a-user-on-a-local-computer-from-making-changes-to-the-windows-xp-firewall-148444.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hey everybody I am Windows & Policy will Base Service, start Engine Diagnostics not Filtering Firewall, having serious problems with my laptop Here are the specs Dell N Windows Home Premium SP Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz GHZ Gb of RAM -bit operating system I have run everything as an administrator to no avail After a week without being able to charge my laptop I was without a cable I charged it to find that I could not connect to the internet or that I was only given quot Limited Access quot i Diagnostics Policy Service, Windows Firewall, & Base Filtering Engine will not start e none I opened the 'Network and Sharing Center' to find that under quot View your basic network information and set up connections quot heading the text reads quot Unknown - The dependency service or group failed to start quot Going to the status of the Wireless Network Connection and trying to diagnose the problem gives me this error quot The Diagnostics Policy Service is not running quot In Services under Diagnostics Policy Service as well as the Base Filtering Engine I receive Diagnostics Policy Service, Windows Firewall, & Base Filtering Engine will not start the following error s quot Windows could not start the x service on Local Computer Error Access is denied The variable is either Diagnostics Policy Service Base Filtering Engine etc Also in Services under Windows Firewall I receive this error quot Windows could not start the x service on Local Computer Error The dependency service or group failed to start Here's several of the things I have tried from perusing the other threads here none of which have worked Svc SCANNOW has found no system integrity errors In the Registry editor changing the permissions of the Diagnostics Policy Service and Base Filtering Engine to quot Everyone quot and then trying to manually start the services in Services msc I recently removed AVG from my computer but this was only after the problem began I thought that maybe there was a conflict between the firewalls of Windows and AVG But removing AVG did not help either I cannot connect to the internet via wireless or Ethernet cable Windows Firewall will not start Diagnostics Policy Service will not start BFE will not start Those are the problems I am having and obviously I am pretty upset about it I am not as technologically savvy as some but if you point me in the right direction I will do all that you tell me to do I am using a separate computer to connect to the internet and will be until the problem is solved Thanks in advance

A:Diagnostics Policy Service, Windows Firewall, & Base Filtering Engine will not start

Did you go to the dependencies tab and see what dependencies depend on these services?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/diagnostics-policy-service-windows-firewall-and-base-filtering-engine-will-not-start-697062.html
Relevancy 70.52%

im kind of new at trying to figure things out like this but i am some what formilar with computers but this is what i get:
When I go to the "Wireless Network Connection 2" Properties, and click on the "Advanced" tab then click on Windows Firewall "Settings" button, I get a message that says: "Windows Firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running. Do you want to start the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service?" I click "Yes." Then I get a message that "Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Services (ICS) service." I tried doing the Network Setup Wizard, and everything appears fine then.

i dont really have any clue if i can be fixed but im hoping that someone can help me please!!!

Relevancy 70.52%

when i try to activate windows firewall service it gets "error 1068 dependency service or group failed to start"

A:Windows firewall service error

It seems there has just been an update and the problem has been fixed. thanks for the help anyways been most appreciated

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/037cf248-4d42-45c7-acff-18bfaa6cfc25/windows-firewall-service-error?forum=itprovistasecurity
Relevancy 70.52%

Help I cannot turn on my firewall on my Windows XP When I click try to turn it on I get the message quot Windows Firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running Do you want to start the Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing ICS service quot I clicked quot Yes quot and I get quot Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing ICS service quot I have tried starting it Firewall/ICS Service Windows Error manually but I get the Windows Firewall/ICS Service Error message quot Could not start the Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing service on Local Computer quot quot Error The system cannot find the file specified quot I have both ipnathlp dll and ipnat sys files on my computer I already did the sfc scannow and the cmd gt netsh winsock reset and restarted the computer but it did not fix Windows Firewall/ICS Service Error it I ve tried the netsh Firewall reset but no luck I ve done a full system scan and that did not correct the problem either I cannot run system restore because it can t restore to any dates nbsp

A:Windows Firewall/ICS Service Error

neonclear said:

Help! I cannot turn on my firewall on my Windows XP. When I click try to turn it on, I get the message, "Windows Firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running. Do you want to start the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service?"
I clicked "Yes" and I get
"Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service." I have tried starting it manually, but I get the message,
"Could not start the Windows Firewall/ Internet Connection Sharing service on Local Computer."

The prime suspect for anything that turns off the firewall is malware so you need to scan with all your anti-malware utilities as soon as possible.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-firewall-ics-service-error.919075/
Relevancy 70.09%

okay first thing i must say is that i cant apparently create a regular zip file with the built in windows archive maker so i will have to attach the two logs as just the plain txt files i apologize for this however i am assuming that it is preferable to zipping them with winrar so without further adieu okay i got the infamous to vsc dll virus 1053 it 1068) updated No (error will & framework1.1 help services net start or didnt and it No services will start (error 1053 or 1068) updated net framework1.1 & it didnt help did what everyone says and kept like redirecting me and what not along with the other random crap that went with that virus well i had to really chip away at it but i finally deleted it and got it to the point where it would no continue to restore itself i deleted every single trace of it anywhere on my computer i even made sure to go through the registry and delete all the keys it deleted well in short it finally went away i hope now when we me and my brother it is his computer i was working on thought we had gotten rid of it before all we would do it go to internet and try to go to a site and if it would redirect us we would know that it was still present well this is where the problem came in once i had finally gotten rid of it i ran unhackme deep scan just to make sure that it didnt find anything seeing as it was specfially noted for its ability to get past the top of the line best anti-virus software on the market so it required a reboot to perform this so i did that it ran the scan and didnt pick nothing up so i went along with no worry when it then logged on fully the task bar and all the windows and what not all looked like windows classic all grey and what not my brother was then like quot oh yeah its done that before usually when it does that the audio doesnt work just restart it and it will be fine if not i have no idea quot so i ended up restarting it times with no change and when i started to get pissed i sought out to find the root of the cause of this behavior and oh boy did i find it alright i went to my services to find out that literally more then half the ones i should have had on and ones that should be on by default were set to automatic but not started there was still a few started but for the most part alot of them were set to automatic but not started Now when i go to start any of them that are not already started i either get one of two errors either Error saying that the quot the service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion quot however it says that immediately once i click start or i get Error saying that quot The dependency service or group failed to start quot HOWEVER when i go to dependencies on any service Automatic Manual Disabled Started Or not Started it says the first error message but it includes a Win in front of it kinda like this Win The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion now i have tried updating the net framework and it literally was useless it did absolutely nothing and i know it has nothing to do with the java but i have no clue what else it could be and i am pissing my summer away working on this computer all day long form the time i wake up till the time i go to bed and i really am starting to get pissed off so please please please help i am at the point of imploding in upon myself from stress frustration lack of sleep and the fact i cant figure this out so im handin this one of to you guys please help me also here is the log from the DDS scan DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Admin at on Tue Internet Explorer Running Processes Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt mWinlogon Shell c windows explorer exe BHO Octh Class b - b - -b f -f b efc - c program files orbitdownloader orbitcth dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - d... Read more

A:No services will start (error 1053 or 1068) updated net framework1.1 & it didnt help

Hello theomega76,

You have a rootkit onboard, so please stop any further fixing on your end. :)

It will require more than 1 round to clean the system. Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seem to abate.

Download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1
Link 2

* IMPORTANT- Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop

====================================================

Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications as they will interfere with our tools and the removal. If you are unsure how to do this, please refer to our sticky topic How to disable your security applications

====================================================

Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.

As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.

Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.

**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/no-services-will-start-error-1053-or-1068-updated-net-framework1-1-and-it-didnt-help-494131.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello everyone I am new to this community and i would wish to ask for IT assistance I can t install new programs because my windows installer service was unable to on computer Installer Windows and The then started Service stopped local start Whenever i attempt to The Windows Installer Service on local computer started and then stopped start it it will load a little bit and a popup will appear https dl dropboxusercontent com u Win png Now I am quite helpless because I also tried searching all over the internet finding for a solution Solutions Tried Unregistering Msiexec and Registering Msiexec System File Checker SFC scan Nothing Found Microsoft Fix-It Check For SYSTEM Permission Full Control Given To SYSTEM Starting Windows Installer Service via quot net start MSIServer quot Result System error had occurred System Restore I plan of using a system repair disc but I don t have one or even a blank disc I am really very stressed because of this situation because I can t install any application be it Java or Adobe photoshop Please Help Me Laptop Specifications OS Window Home Premium BITS Manufacturer Acer Model Aspire RAM GB Windows Installer Version Processor Intel Pentium Processor P Hard Drive GB HDD Thank You Everyone nbsp

Relevancy 69.66%

I've been having awful trouble setting up my network (well setting it up again) and have found that this 'service' is not running.

The full error I get when I right click->start is the following:

"Could not start the Remote Access Connection Manager service on local computer.

Which suggests something else needs to be running and isn't but to the best of my knowledge everything that should be running is.

A:1068 error on attempting to start Remote Access Connection Manager. How do I solve th

Zenosincks said:

Just guessing here:

Go to Start>Run>services.msc>Ok.

Ensure "Remote Access Connection Manager" is started by right clicking on "Remote Access Connection Manager" and then "Properties". Next to "Startup Type:" if the service is "Disabled" set it to "Manual". Click "Apply" and then click "Start" to start the service.

Check the "Dependencies" tab to see what services depend on this one, as well as the ones that "Remote Access Connection Manager" depends on and set those to "Manual" as well.Click to expand...

By checking the dependencies tab I could see that RACM was dependent on telephony which wasn't running. Thank you!

Now to see if I can at last get t'internet back on my beloved PC!!

Aaaaannnd it doesn't. Sigh.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1068-error-on-attempting-to-start-remote-access-connection-manager-how-do-i-solve-th.99599/
Relevancy 69.23%

Help I ve had service Firewall/ICS start Windows Windows cannot the my laptop Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall/ICS service on our home wireless network for over a year and all of the sudden I can t get to the internet We have a desktop connected to a D-Link router and two laptops all of which use Windows XP Of course I m using the desktop to access this website I ve checked out some troubleshooting websites and books and I can t quite find anything that describes my problem My Broadcom Wireless Network Connection has quot excellent quot signal strength but I have quot limited or no connectivity quot When I try to quot repair quot my wireless network connection it gets stuck at quot renewing your ip address quot When I go to the command prompt and type ipconfig all I get this Ethernet adapter WIreless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix nothing Description Broadcom g MaxPerformance g Physical Address my MAC address Dhcp enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask When I go to the quot Wireless Network Connection quot Properties and click on the quot Advanced quot tab then click on Windows Firewall quot Settings quot button I get a message that says quot Windows Firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running Do you want to start the Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing ICS service quot I click quot Yes quot Then I get a message that quot Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall Internet Connection Services ICS service quot I tried doing the Network Setup Wizard and everything appears fine then I ve been trying lots of different troubleshooting suggestions and I fear I may have done something that has my laptop on the wrong settings for something But what Most importantly my partner s laptop connects just fine That means it s something wrong on my laptop right nbsp

A:Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall/ICS service

elysse said:

Help! I've had my laptop on our home wireless network for over a year, and all of the sudden I can't get to the internet. We have a desktop connected to a D-Link router, and two laptops, all of which use Windows XP. Of course, I'm using the desktop to access this website.

I've checked out some troubleshooting websites and books, and I can't quite find anything that describes my problem. My Broadcom Wireless Network Connection has "excellent" signal strength, but I have "limited or no connectivity"

When I try to "repair" my wireless network connection, it gets stuck at "renewing your ip address"

When I go to the command prompt, and type ipconfig /all, I get this:

Ethernet adapter WIreless Network Connection 2:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix: [nothing]
Description: Broadcom 54g MaxPerformance 802.11g
Physical Address: [my MAC address]
Dhcp enabled: Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled: Yes
Autoconfiguration IP Address: 169.254.101.129
Subnet Mask: 255.255.0.0

When I go to the "Wireless Network Connection 2" Properties, and click on the "Advanced" tab then click on Windows Firewall "Settings" button, I get a message that says: "Windows Firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running. Do you want to start the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service?" I click "Yes." Then I get a message that "Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Services (ICS) service." I tried doing the Network Setup Wizard, and everything appears fine then.

I've been trying lots of different troubleshooting suggestions, and I fear I may have done something that has my laptop on the wrong settings for... something. But what?

Most importantly, my partner's laptop connects just fine. That means it's something wrong on my laptop, right?Click to expand...

Hi elysse,

Welcome to TSG!

First, check the services running on your partner's laptop - assuming you both are running WinXP? - Start->Run->services.msc->Ok Then look for Security Center and Remote Procedure Call (RPC), etc. Note each one that is started on your partner's laptop.

Then on your laptop, bring up services and for any service that is not running, select the service to highlight it, then right-click the service and select Properties - wait for the Properties window to come up. Change the Start type with the pull-down menu to Automatic if it was set to Manual or Disabled - then the service will load and start when you login. While you have the Properties window up, you might just checkout the Dependencies tab to see what other services depend on this service, but if you have the list from your partner's laptop and make both laptops identical with regard to services, then you should be ok as far as being able to run the Windows Firewall.

Hope this helps,

-- Tom

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-cannot-start-the-windows-firewall-ics-service.402037/
Relevancy 67.94%

Question nbsp Applies to nbsp Windows nbsp Windows nbsp Security privacy amp accounts nbsp Security and to Local has occurred, Service Log regarding error Windows Ultimate- allowing error in Database" "An unexpected 7 as Failed save Policy privacy views Windows Ultimate- error regarding allowing Log in as Service quot An unexpected error has occurred Failed to save Local Policy Database quot TA TageAndersson nbsp asked on nbsp lt button aria-label quot Date quot class quot msaActionText msgHistoryBtn info-panel-toggle-link quot data-panelcontainer quot Windows 7 Ultimate- error regarding allowing Log in as Service "An unexpected error has occurred, Failed to save Local Policy Database" userInfo quot data-paneltarget quot message-history-holder- ef - - aff- a- bf ef quot style quot color cd font-style inherit font-variant inherit font-weight inherit font-size inherit line-height inherit font-family inherit margin px cursor pointer padding px border none display inline quot title quot See post history quot gt April lt button gt During a long period I'm nbsp doing a huge jobs to Windows 7 Ultimate- error regarding allowing Log in as Service "An unexpected error has occurred, Failed to save Local Policy Database" take back ownership for files as attributes write protected atrib My database for network policy setting secedit sdb have problem corrupted So to check my database I went to CMD as administrator From CMD I run esentutl g windir security database secedit sdb Result C Windows system gt esentutl g windir security database secedit sdb nbsp Extensible Storage Engine Utilities for Microsoft R Windows R Version Copyright C Microsoft Corporation All Rights Reserved nbsp Error Access to source database 'C Windows security database secedit sdb' failed with Jet error - nbsp Operation terminated with error - JET errFileAccessDenied Cannot access file the file is locked or in use after seconds I was try same commando attributt r Operation terminated with error - JET errInvalidParameter Invalid API parameter after seconds Last command p Error Access to source database 'C Windows security database secedit sdb' failed with Jet error - nbsp Operation terminated with error - JET errFileAccessDenied Cannot access file the file is locked or in use after seconds So to me it sounds like another problem as how to get nbsp privilege administrator rights Before this database check was done I change my Bitdefender Total security from controlled firewall with change to off witch force firewall to be take over by nbsp Windows This sounds like Bitdefender as Firewall control manage did not nbsp causes this error nbsp Pleas help me wath next to do other with any ideas nbsp Tks so Rega

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6f2e774c-5ee3-4a61-8e0a-246b2b2bcbb8/windows-7-ultimate-error-regarding-allowing-log-in-as-service-quotan-unexpected-error-has?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 67.08%

Hey all,Lately, I've been having a lot of problems with my computer ever since I started up my computer today. Things likeSound doesn't workNetwork connections don't workMany services don't runComputer takes a long time to log inTaskbar doesn't display windowsSome programs won't start, like MalwareBytesSystem restore doesn't workUnable to copy and pasteUnable to see users connected to the computer or user names in the task managerI tried to do some restores but it gives me error 1068. If anyone can help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated

A:System Restore is not able to protect your computer and Error 1068

What happened prior to this happening?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/441337/system-restore-is-not-able-to-protect-your-computer-and-error-1068/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hey all,

Lately, I've been having a lot of problems with my computer ever since I started up my computer today. Things likeSound doesn't work
Network connections don't work
Many services don't run
Computer takes a long time to log in
Taskbar doesn't display windows
Some programs won't start, like MalwareBytes
System restore doesn't work
Unable to copy and paste
Unable to see users connected to the computer or user names in the task manager

I tried to do some restores but it gives me error 1068. If anyone can help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated

A:System Restore is not able to protect your computer and Error 1068

I believe this to a malware issue. Try rebooting into "Safe Mode" by tapping the F8 button as soon as you reboot your machine. Select Safe Mode in the options list login as you normally do and see if the same problems persist. If not let us know and we will direct you to the right place.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/system-restore-is-not-able-to-protect-your-computer-and-error-1068-a-628549.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I've been having a multitude of computer problems right after I rebooted from a load of Microsoft updates on August Now Sound doesn't work Network connections don't work Many services don't run Computer takes a long time to log in Taskbar doesn't display windows Some programs won't start like TuneUp System restore doesn't work Safe mode makes no difference I have tried running system restore from Safe Mode with Command Prompt but get the same message as always When trying to start the System Restore service I get an quot Error The dependency service or group failed to start quot System restore is not turned off in the My Computer not 1068 able restore System to your protect is computer error [SOLVED] + properties I have tried uninstalling the updates which runs through the uninstaller then tells me they've been uninstalled only to keep them on the list I'd like to hope that running system restore will help me fix all the problems but it might not I have found a few cases of the [SOLVED] System restore is not able to protect your computer + error 1068 same symptoms on Google [SOLVED] System restore is not able to protect your computer + error 1068 which indicated the Recovery Console fixed the problem Can anybody please help me fix these problems Will system restore even help Will recovery [SOLVED] System restore is not able to protect your computer + error 1068 console repair help Will installing sr inf erase my previous restore points Thank you

A:[SOLVED] System restore is not able to protect your computer + error 1068

Run chdsk first, and frequently. HD errors cause a lot of weird problems, and it's safe, you can't hurt anything with it.

It "feels" like malware to me. I don't trust "TuneUp". Do you have the paid or trial version ?

In Normal Mode, check Event Viewer. Pay close attention to those events immediately after startup. Your first errors are going to be the most important. Post the full text of each different error message you get, NOT just the error number.

Remove all unnecessary hardware during the troubleshooting process.

Is TuneUp your AV software ? If not, what is ? And when was your last full scan and what were the results ? Do you do P2P filesharing ? If so, what torrent programs do you have installed ?

What happens when you turn off all the non-MS services and all the startups with msconfig ?

Is there anything listed in msconfig that looks suspicious ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-system-restore-is-not-able-to-protect-your-computer-error-1068-a-404523.html
Relevancy 65.36%

This computer has been infected with a number of bugs because a teenager was downloading crap from P2P services. I have managed to get most, if not all of them off.

When I try to start the Windows XP firewall/ICS service, I get a message that says "Could not start the Windows Firewall/ICS Service on local computer.

This machine has XP Home w/SP2.

I was getting a similar message trying to re-install AVG, but I managed to squash the bug causing that issue.

I have tried to start the FW/ICS service from the Security Center and from Services.

My Security Center doesn't even show any Anti-Virus information like it used to its all weirded out now.

So...if any of that sounds familiar, please shoot me some 4-11.

I love you all.

A:XP Firewall/ICS Service won't start

Hi there...

Please try the attached reg file. It should restore the default registry settings for the ICS service.

Reboot after applying then check in services.msc that the service is started and set to automatic, if not, try to make the changes again.

Let me know how that works please :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-firewall-ics-service-wont-start-106947.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I am having a problem with Windows Firewall / Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)

I have been doing a lot of online searching and also reviewed the messages in this forum. When I try to start the Windows Firewall from Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Windows Firewall/ICS, I get an Error 2 the System cannot find the specified file (but I don't know which file it is specifying)

I am working on this system for a friend and the Wireless Network shows Connected, but when I open a browser, I get the error Server Not Found - so obviously, it is not connected to the Internet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 64.93%

I've been using Vista -bit since sometime around January on my custom built desktop I'm running Vista -bit fully updated and I have been using remote desktop for a few years in XP and have successfully been using it in Vista until now I was having problems connecting to Vista Service Start Firewall won't my Vista PC via remote desktop when I noticed Vista Firewall Service won't Start remote desktop was disabled So I tried to re-enable it and was told that the rule for Remote Desktop could not be added to the firewall because it was not running So I've tried to start the firewall in every way I know including starting the service manually When I try to start the service I get the message quot Windows could not start the Windows Firewall on Local Computer For more information review the System Event Log If this is a non-Microsoft service contact the service vendor and refer to service-specific error code quot I installed Vista Firewall Service won't Start the PC-tools firewall but this didn't fix my remote desktop problem I still can't enable it because the Vista Firewall still isn't running Also on a side note Vista Firewall Service won't Start I have also been hibernating my PC at night since I started using Vista but now the hibernate option has disappeared from the shutdown menu Any ideas how to get hibernation back I'm stumped on both of these issues so any help would be appreciated Brett

A:Vista Firewall Service won't Start

If anyone needs more info about my computer I would be glad to provide it, I just don't know what else would be useful.

Thanks,
Brett

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-firewall-service-wont-start-181482.html
Relevancy 64.5%

im unable to start the window firewall / internet connection service. ive tried from control panel and going to firewall but it asks me to start it and then states it failed, it also states it failed if i goto start run then services.msc

the error i get is: "could not start windows firewall / internet connection service on the local computer. Error 1068: The Dependency service or group failed to start"

this problem is causing my desktop to remain hidden on the network which means i am unable to print or share files, or even connect to the desktop pc

Relevancy 64.5%

Windows Firewall won't start getting error code x c BFE won't start error access is denied I've scanned for viruses using Malwarebytes and nothing showed up I tried downloading and adding the registry files again as suggested in some other threads but that didn't work I tried following the instructions in this thread for fixing the BFE and after running REG QUERY quot HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion ProfileList S- - - quot S I got quot ERROR The system was unable to 0x8007042c Windows error won't Firewall start, find the specified registry key or value quot The other commands returned normal results SFC scannow Windows Firewall won't start, error 0x8007042c returned corrupted files quot utc app json quot amp quot telemetry ASM-WindowsDefault json quot but this was fixed with The Tech Cookbook fix - The Tech Cookbook Windows update KB causing corrupt files A few weeks ago my Network Diagnostic Service sometimes would not be running either but that just stopped happening so I'm not sure what caused it or what fixed it Thanks

A:Windows Firewall won't start, error 0x8007042c

cherruc,

Please use the following diagnostic tools to help us get to the cause of your issues:

Select the version that applies to your system: 64-bit
Save it to your Desktop.

Internet Services
Windows Firewall
System Restore
Security Center
Windows Update
Windows Defender

Thank you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/372339-windows-firewall-wont-start-error-0x8007042c.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello I am posting my issue in list format so that none of the important details get lost in the paragraph format When I go to the firewall screen and click quot Use Recommended Settings quot I get the following message Windows Firewall can t change some of your settings Error code x Windows Firewall is NOT listed in my services so it is not possible for me to turn it on that way unless someone can tell me how to make it appear I ve already tried creating repair bat in notepad which did not fix the issue When I run MBAM it doesn t find anything however MSE did find Alureon Every time I tried to remove it the computer would not start normally and I had to go through Startup Repair This time I just quarantined it and it restarts just fine I can only assume that the Windows Firewall is related to Alureon but I definitely don t know for sure Please help

A:Error When Attempting to Start Windows Firewall

Welcome aboard Please download Farbar Service Scanner and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity CenterPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/434839/error-when-attempting-to-start-windows-firewall/
Relevancy 64.5%

I'll start by asking for any answer to be as low tech as possible. The print spooler on my computer isn't running. When I try to start it, I get "error 1068: dependency service or group fail to start." I have been able (through much trial) to
determine that the RPC dependency is running, but cannot determine the same about the HTTP dependency. Please help.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0a25d417-a413-4ccd-b7fa-5432f1cc2016/windows-8-error-1068-on-print-spooler?forum=w8itproperf
Relevancy 64.07%

I have been dealin with this days now and went through all the steps recommended by Microsoft even downloaded Virtual tech for mcafee and FIx it for MS none worked went to google to try to follow other advises and tried to do malware removal after it i followed these steps Download both the registry files bfe reg firewall reg Launch and import them to registry Restart your PC Now open RUN and type regedit and click ok go to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet services BFE Right click on it-permissions Click on ADD and type Everyone and click ok Now Click on Everyone Below you have permission for users Select full control and click ok Now open RUN and type services msc and click ok start base filtering engine service and then windows firewall service gt gt gt upon tryng to start service on base filtering and windows firewall it gave the ff errors gt gt gt please see attached screen shot wat to do now help please

A:Windows Personal Firewall service and Mcafee firewall not turning on

Hello achienina What Anti-virus program are you running?
Have you done an in-depth scan, and did it find any malware?

EDIT... oops, Windows Firewall needs to be disabled in Services in order for McAfee's firewall to work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/264057-windows-personal-firewall-service-mcafee-firewall-not-turning.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Every Sunday morning, our VDI's with W7 32 bit and VMware view 5.1 get a scheduled reboot. About 5% of them are not reachable after the reboot. It turns out the Firewall service hasn't started.
When I look in the event log, it says after the reboot:

The Windows Firewall service terminated with service-specific error This operation returned because the timeout period expired.

I can also see that the VDI doesn't have the correct domain profile (none), but that seems to be the case for every VDI.
The problem occasionally also happens during the week.
Steps taken to remediate this: I created a GPO that restarts the FW service the first 2 times and restarts the computers after subsequent failures. The network adapter is a E1000. After consulting VMware, we changed it to VMXNET 3, but this didn't help and
we could not image our VDI's any more.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f63753f4-f9d4-424f-b8a8-8c0b49e6c283/firewall-service-doesnt-start-after-reboot?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi guys It seems windows won't let me breath easy for long Problem description I am unable to connect to wired or wireless internet reason trying Getting when 0x8007042c to error firewall start windows code being I think is because windows firewall is not starting Not sure why this happened but I think its because of a false flash update which might have been a rogue program rootkit kindof though NOT sure Also let me tell you that I frequently use utorrent to download movies just in case if that might be the root cause After going through tons of posts I thought of starting this thread which I hope turns out to be of genuine help to others as well System Specifications Dell Inspiron N Windows Home Premium bit SP Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials nothing else Dual boot system along with Ubuntu which comes to my rescue time and again Tried the following solutions in the given order Solution Tried starting the BFE and Windows firewall service manually using admin rights Result Gave error code x c Solution Tried running sfc scannow using admin rights Result Please find attached the screenshot showing the output of sfc scannow amp CBS log file Solution Tried scanning the entire system using Getting error code 0x8007042c when trying to start windows firewall Microsoft Security Essentials Result Didn't detect any viruses malwares worms etc and said PC is protected Solution Tried Balon's solution mentioned in this thread gt gt Unable to start Windows Firewall Result Still couldn't start BFE and Getting error code 0x8007042c when trying to start windows firewall firewall services Solution Tried TDSSKiller Result It did not detect anything Solution Tried running McAfee's RootkitRemover utility Result It did not detect anything Solution Tried scanning it using Microsoft Safety Scanner Result No issues found Solution Tried scanning using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Result Please find attached the mbam logs Please note I dont have internet access so I can't scan my PC with any tool utility available online But I can download exe files and then install and scan my PC After the above failed attempts to resolve the issue I decided to finally seek expert help since I don't want to format my PC once again Also please bear with me if this turns out to be one of the dumbest of the issues But as of now looking forward to a quick and crisp solution Cheers RB

A:Getting error code 0x8007042c when trying to start windows firewall

Download these programs from a PC with Internet Access use a USB Flash Drive to move the programs over

* Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

64-Bit Version OS Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 <===== Download Link

Drag the FRST64.exe from the Downloads folder to your Desktop

Right click on FRST64.exe and choose

When the tool opens click Yes on the disclaimer window .

Press Scan button.

FRST will let you know when the scan is complete and has written the FRST.txt to file

Note
The first time Farbar Recovery Scan Tool is run, it makes also another log Addition.txt

Please upload both logs in your reply.(FRST.txt and Addition.txt)

FRST.txt and Addition.txt will be on the Desktop

* RogueKiller

RogueKiller for 32bit <==== Download Link

RogueKiller for 64bit <==== Download Link

Click on one of the links above that goes with your Windows 7 bit versions

Save to the Desktop.

Close all windows and browsers

Right click on and choose

Press: SCAN

provide the RKreport.txt (Mode: Scan) in your reply.

* Farbar Service Scanner

Click here Farbar Service Scanner to DOWNLOAD

Place file into your desktop

Place a check mark next to the following options
Internet Services
Windows Firewall
System Restore
Security Center
Windows Update
Windows Defender
Press the Scan button

Farbar Service Scanner will create a log, called FSS.txt, on the Desktop. Upload the FSS.txt with your reply

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/297513-getting-error-code-0x8007042c-when-trying-start-windows-firewall.html